英文名称:Into the storm
年代:2014
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | “then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: | 而守城主帅贺雷休斯大声说道 |
[00:15] | ‘to every man upon this earth | 世间诸人 |
[00:18] | Death cometh soon or late. | 终有一死 |
[00:21] | And how can man die better | 何匹夫惧险 |
[00:24] | Than facing fearful odds, | 甚于惧死 |
[00:26] | For the ashes of his fathers, | 以担煌煌之宗庙 |
[00:29] | And the temples of his gods?”‘ | 九鼎之社稷 |
[00:35] | 法国昂带 1945年6月8日 | |
[00:49] | This is the BBC home service. | BBC家政节目 |
[00:52] | The German army | 德国军队 |
[00:53] | Invaded Holland and Belgium early this morning | 的陆军和伞兵于今早 |
[00:55] | By land and by landings from parachute. | 入侵荷兰和比利时 |
[00:58] | The armies of the low countries are resisting. | 荷兰 比利时 卢森堡军队正在抵抗 |
[01:03] | An appeal for aid has been made | 援助申请已 |
[01:04] | To the allied governments | 送达盟国政府 |
[01:05] | And allied troops are moving to their support. | 盟军部队正前往支援 |
[01:09] | His Majesty’s Government | 大英帝国政府 |
[01:10] | And the French Government | 和法国政府 |
[01:11] | Are taking immediate steps to come to the assistance | 正在采取紧急行动 |
[01:13] | Of Holland and Belgium. | 支援荷兰和比利时 |
[01:15] | The Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain, | 首相内维尔・张伯伦 |
[01:17] | Whose conduct of the war has been roundly criticized, | 其对战争的指挥受到严厉批评 |
[01:20] | Has summoned leaders of his party | 已召集其党派的领导人 |
[01:22] | To an emergency meeting at 10 downing street. | 到唐宁街10号召开紧急会议 |
[01:25] | Now I had hoped to remain | 我曾希望 |
[01:27] | As prime minister through the current crisis, | 做为首相度过眼前的危机 |
[01:29] | But I’ve just been told | 但我被告知 |
[01:31] | That the labour party will not serve under me. | 工党不会听命于我 |
[01:35] | Therefore | 因此 |
[01:37] | I shall resign immediately. | 我会立刻辞职 |
[01:39] | One of you will lead the new government. | 你们当中某人将领导新政府 |
[01:41] | Winston, would it be possible for you | 温斯顿 如果爱德华・哈利法克斯 |
[01:44] | To charge the duties of minister of defense | 任首相 |
[01:48] | Under the direction of Edward Halifax | 你能否在其手下 |
[01:50] | As prime minister? | 任国防部长 |
[01:55] | What is your opinion? | 你有什么意见 |
[02:06] | I think Winston would be the better choice. | 我认为温斯顿任首相更合适 |
[02:10] | Yes, I think so too. | 我也这么认为 |
[02:18] | 白金汉宫 1940年5月10日 | |
[02:24] | Mr. Churchill has arrived, sir. | 阁下 丘吉尔先生到了 |
[02:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:28] | I feel very uneasy about this. | 我对此深感不安 |
[02:30] | People say he’s unreliable. | 众人都说他不可靠 |
[02:33] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[02:34] | Impulsive, sir | 阁下 |
[02:35] | might be a kinder word. | 更和善的说法是 冲动 |
[02:37] | If only it could’ve been Lord Halifax. | 要是哈利法克斯勋爵多好 |
[02:40] | He would’ve made the most… | 他应是最 |
[02:42] | Perfect prime minister. | 完美的首相 |
[02:44] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[02:45] | At 4:35 this morning, | 今早的4:35 |
[02:48] | Hitler’s troops | 希特勒的军队 |
[02:49] | Invaded Holland and Belgium | 入侵荷兰和比利时 |
[02:50] | And the luftwaffe | 且德国空军 |
[02:52] | has been bombing airfields | 轰炸了荷兰和法国北部 |
[02:54] | all across Holland and northern France. | 的所有机场 |
[02:57] | Panzer divisions | 装甲部队 |
[02:58] | Are moving through Luxembourg | 正在通过卢森堡 |
[03:00] | Towards the Belgium frontier. | 向比利时边境进发 |
[03:01] | Our troops | 我们和法国的部队 |
[03:02] | And the French are marching north | 北上 |
[03:04] | To block the German advance. | 阻止德国推进 |
[03:06] | How many of our men? | 派去了多少人 |
[03:07] | All of them. | 全部 |
[03:09] | The entire army. | 全军 |
[03:12] | It’s an extraordinary coincidence | 这是一个非同寻常的巧合 |
[03:14] | Hitler attacking the west | 希特勒攻打西部 |
[03:16] | And you becoming Prime Minister | 而你在同一天 |
[03:17] | All on the same day. | 成为首相 |
[03:18] | Could be coincidence, sir. | 阁下 也许是巧合 |
[03:20] | Could be destiny. | 也许是命运 |
[03:25] | And what happens if we fail | 如果我们在比利时不能阻止 |
[03:27] | To stop Hitler in Belgium? | 希特勒的进攻 将会怎样 |
[03:29] | One must assume he’ll go for France. | 估计他必会攻打法国 |
[03:34] | Just 21 miles. | 只差21英里 |
[03:36] | Is that enough to save us? | 这是否足以拯救我们 |
[05:03] | …with the chief of the imperial general staff. | 和帝国总参谋长一起 |
[05:07] | At 10:00, telephone call to the French Prime Minister. | 10:00 致电法国首相 |
[05:09] | Mr. Attlee at 10:30. | 10:30 致电艾德里先生 |
[05:12] | Cabinet photograph at 11 :00. | 11:00 拍内阁照片 |
[05:14] | Sawyers. | 索耶斯 |
[05:15] | Sir. | 阁下 |
[05:18] | A further meeting of the War Cabinet at 5:00. | 5:00 和战争内阁开会 |
[05:20] | Drinks with Lord Beaverbrook at 6:30, | 6:30 和比弗布鲁克勋爵喝酒 |
[05:23] | Then dinner with Mr. Bracken, Sir John Anderson | 然后 与布莱肯先生 强・安德森爵士 |
[05:25] | and Duff Coopers. | 和达夫・库珀斯共进晚餐 |
[05:27] | and what about my sleep? | 那我什么时间睡觉 |
[05:28] | Sleep, sir? | 阁下 睡觉 |
[05:30] | I need at least | 我需要至少 |
[05:31] | one hour’s unbroken sleep in the afternoon, | 一个小时无打扰的午睡 |
[05:34] | Otherwise I can’t function | 否则我就没法工作 |
[05:35] | sleep and a bath. | 午觉和洗澡 |
[05:36] | You’d better call the second meeting | 你最好把和战争内阁的第二次 |
[05:38] | Of the War Cabinet for 11:00 tonight. | 会议改到今晚11点 |
[05:40] | yes, sir. | 是 阁下 |
[05:41] | Colville | 你姓科尔维尔 |
[05:42] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[05:43] | Yes, sir. | 是 阁下 |
[05:43] | Related to Lord Crewe? | 是克鲁勋爵的亲戚 |
[05:45] | My grandfather. | 他是我祖父 |
[05:47] | Give him my greetings. | 代我问候他 |
[05:49] | I met my wife at his house on Curzon Street. | 在柯曾街他的家里 我遇到了我妻子 |
[05:52] | It is my intention to form a national government, | 我打算成立一个全国性政府 |
[05:54] | A grand coalition of all parties | 一个所有党派的大联盟 |
[05:57] | United for the duration of the war. | 在战争期间联合在一起 |
[05:58] | Conservatives and labour are equal partners. | 保守党和工党是平等的伙伴 |
[06:02] | And as leader of the labour party, | 作为工党的领袖 |
[06:05] | You shall be my Deputy. | 你任副首相 |
[06:06] | I shall be both Prime Minister | 我任首相 |
[06:08] | And the Minister of Defense. | 兼国防部长 |
[06:10] | We have a heavy burden to carry, | 我们有重担要扛 |
[06:11] | My dear Attlee. | 我亲爱的艾德里 |
[06:13] | People trust us. | 人民信任我们 |
[06:15] | We must tell them the truth. | 我们必须告诉他们真相 |
[06:18] | We must never let them down. | 我们决不能辜负他们的期望 |
[06:20] | If you could go to the middle, sir | 阁下 您可以坐中间吗 |
[06:21] | With the conservative ministers on the right | 保守党的大臣坐右边 |
[06:23] | And the labour ministers on the left. | 工党大臣坐左边 |
[06:24] | no no, that’s all wrong. | 不 不 这不对 |
[06:25] | This is a national government. | 这是个全民政府 |
[06:26] | The photograph must reflect that. | 照片必须反映这点 |
[06:27] | Attlee, sit here next to me. | 艾德里 坐在我旁边 |
[06:31] | Come along, everyone. | 来吧 各位 |
[06:33] | Halifax, sit next to Attlee. | 哈利法克斯 坐在艾德里的旁边 |
[06:37] | Hurry up. | 快点 |
[06:41] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[06:43] | The latest reports indicate | 最新报告显示 |
[06:45] | That the Germans are advancing rapidly towards Calais. | 德军正迅速朝加莱推进 |
[06:49] | The main thrust was through here | 主要攻势在这里 |
[06:51] | The Ardennes. | 阿登省 |
[06:52] | We were trying to stem the | 我们试图阻止 |
[06:53] | Invasion of Belgium to the north. | 他们入侵比利时的北部 |
[06:56] | We’ve been outmaneuvered, gentlemen. | 先生们 我们被打败了 |
[06:59] | So that means our troops are cut off? | 那是说我们的部队被阻截了 |
[07:01] | Yes, sir. | 是的 阁下 |
[07:02] | And we can’t link up | 我们也不能到南部 |
[07:03] | To the main French force to the south? | 和法国主力部队汇合 |
[07:05] | Yes, sir. I’m afraid that’s correct. | 是的 阁下 恐怕是这样 |
[07:09] | If the German advance cannot be stopped, | 如果不能阻挡德国的攻势 |
[07:12] | We might have to order | 我们可能就得命令 |
[07:13] | Our troops back to England. | 军队撤回英国 |
[07:16] | The question is | 问题是 |
[07:16] | 365,000 men | 365,000人 |
[07:19] | The entire British army | 整个英军 |
[07:22] | How many can we get back? | 多少人回得来 |
[07:25] | Perhaps 50,000 | 可能50,000 |
[07:26] | If we’re lucky. | 如果幸运的话 |
[07:34] | Admiral Pound | 庞德上将 |
[07:35] | yes, sir? | 是 阁下 |
[07:36] | As a precautionary measure, | 作为预防措施 |
[07:37] | the Admiralty should assemble | 海军部应尽量 |
[07:39] | As many small vessels as it can | 调集小型舰艇 |
[07:41] | In readiness for a large- scale evacuation. | 为大规模撤退做准备 |
[07:43] | That’s already in hand, sir. | 正在准备 阁下 |
[07:45] | Tugboats, yachts, fishing craft, | 拖船 游艇 渔船 |
[07:47] | Lighters, barges, pleasure boats | 驳船 游船 |
[07:50] | Everything must be called into service. | 所有都被召集服役 |
[07:51] | Well, if we are forced to evacuate, | 如果我们被迫撤离 |
[07:54] | We must assume the Germans | 我们必须假设德军 |
[07:55] | Will attempt to invade us | 应该不久后就会 |
[07:57] | Very shortly thereafter | 试图入侵英国 |
[07:59] | Beginning, one assumes, | 有人推测 |
[08:01] | with air attacks. | 最初会是空袭 |
[08:02] | Unrestricted air attacks | 无限制的空袭 |
[08:05] | Aimed at breaking public morale. | 旨在打击公众士气 |
[08:07] | They’d also try to starve us | 他们也会试图通过攻击航运和港口 |
[08:08] | By attacking shipping and ports. | 来阻断供给 |
[08:11] | True. | 对 |
[08:12] | Invasion would follow. | 随之而来的就是入侵领土 |
[08:14] | What about tanks? | 坦克什么情况 |
[08:14] | How many have we got with the army? | 我们的军队有多少 |
[08:16] | How many are being made? | 有多少现成的 |
[08:17] | The plan is to evacuate | 计划从南部沿海城镇 |
[08:18] | Women and children from southern coastal towns. | 撤离妇女和儿童 |
[08:20] | Sounds a bit extreme. | 听起来有点极端 |
[08:22] | The PM wants to know how much mustard gas we have. | 首相想知道我们有多少芥子气 |
[08:24] | I had a chat with the ltalian Ambassador. | 我和意大利的大使谈过 |
[08:26] | He made it clear | 他很明确地说 |
[08:28] | That if we were to approach his government, | 如果我们与他们政府接洽 |
[08:31] | With a view of discussing | 旨在商讨 |
[08:32] | A general European settlement, | 获得欧洲居留地 |
[08:34] | We would not be rebuffed. | 我们不会被拒绝 |
[08:36] | What exactly does he mean by that? | 他说的究竟是什么意思 |
[08:38] | That Mussolini | 墨索里尼 |
[08:39] | Is prepared to act as an intermediary | 准备在我们 法国和希特勒之间 |
[08:41] | Between us, the French and Hitler. | 扮演中间人 |
[08:44] | Any hint of negotiation | 任何谈判的暗示 |
[08:45] | Would destroy the morale of our people. | 都会挫伤我国人民的士气 |
[08:46] | I think perhaps not in the present circumstances. | 我想在当前形势下应该不会 |
[08:49] | The ambassador was most conciliatory | 大使非常友好 |
[08:52] | Not at all extreme, | 一点儿都不激进 |
[08:54] | Very well- mannered. | 很有礼貌 |
[08:56] | Of course, They would expect something in exchange. | 当然 他们期望以某些东西作为交换 |
[08:58] | Oh, of course. | 那当然 |
[09:00] | such as what? | 例如什么 |
[09:01] | Malta, perhaps. | 也许是马耳他群岛 |
[09:03] | Gibraltar. | 直布罗陀 |
[09:04] | Perhaps Uganda. | 也许是乌干达 |
[09:10] | Winston? | 温斯顿 |
[09:13] | My dear Edward, | 我亲爱的爱德华 |
[09:15] | If I thought | 如果我认为 |
[09:16] | We could get out of our present difficulties | 我们能通过放弃马耳他 直布罗陀 |
[09:18] | By giving up Malta, Gibraltar | 或者几个美洲殖民地 |
[09:20] | Or a few of the African Colonies, | 就能摆脱目前的困境 |
[09:21] | I’d jump at it, | 我肯定欣然接受 |
[09:23] | But Hitler cannot be trusted. | 但不能信任希特勒 |
[09:25] | No point in talking with the Eyeties. | 和意大利人谈判没有任何意义 |
[09:28] | The French are very keen | 法国人很热衷于此 |
[09:29] | We should give it a try. | 我们应该尝试一下 |
[09:30] | Yeah, to hell with the French. | 对 和法国人一起下地狱 |
[09:31] | If they’re not prepared to fight, | 如果他们没准备好战斗 |
[09:33] | Let them give up. | 就由得他们放弃 |
[09:34] | I will not allow this country | 我不会让这个国家 |
[09:35] | To be dragged down a slippery slope. | 被拖入陷阱 |
[09:37] | What is the point of becoming a slave state? | 变成奴隶制国家 意义何在 |
[09:39] | Winston. For the love of god, will you face facts? | 温斯顿 看在上帝份上 你能面对事实吗 |
[09:42] | We could lose | 我们可能会 |
[09:43] | A quarter of a million men at Dunkirk. | 在敦克尔克损失25万人 |
[09:46] | Nations that go down fighting | 那些因战而陨落的国家 |
[09:47] | Rise up again. | 会再次兴起 |
[09:48] | Those that surrender tamely are finished. | 那些驯服投降的就被终结了 |
[09:52] | We cannot win this war | 不付出财力和生命 |
[09:53] | Without a devastating loss of life and resources. | 我们无法赢得这场战争 |
[09:57] | Don’t destroy everything | 别毁掉 |
[09:59] | You most want to preserve. | 你最想保全的一切 |
[10:06] | This is the BBC home service. | 这是BBC家政节目 |
[10:08] | Belgium has surrendered. | 比利时投降 |
[10:10] | In preparation for invasion, 15 towns on the… | 为了应对入侵 15个城镇 |
[10:22] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[10:28] | I’ve been on the telephone with General Gamelin. | 我刚和甘末林将军通完电话 |
[10:32] | Bloody French | 该死的法国人 |
[10:34] | They’re worse than useless. | 他们什么都不是 |
[10:38] | “Where is your strategic reserve?” | 我问他 |
[10:40] | I asked him. | 您的战略储备在哪里 |
[10:40] | “There is none,” he said. | 他说没有 |
[10:41] | Can you believe it? | 你信吗 |
[10:45] | I despair. | 我绝望了 |
[10:48] | Sometimes I despair. | 有时我真绝望 |
[10:50] | Of course you do. | 你当然会 |
[10:51] | If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be human. | 如果你不会 那你就不是人了 |
[11:04] | I was thinking about the afternoon I delivered my statement to the house. | 我在想我对议院发表声明的那个下午 |
[11:07] | Do you remember? | 你记得吗 |
[11:08] | We came back here for tea. | 我们回到这里喝茶 |
[11:11] | There were some people on the pavement outside | 有些人在外面的人行道上 |
[11:13] | Not many, five or six. | 不是很多 五或六个 |
[11:15] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[11:16] | One of them was a middle- aged man | 其中一人是中年男子 |
[11:18] | A shopkeeper perhaps, or a bus driver. | 也许是店主 或巴士司机 |
[11:20] | He was full of hope and trust. | 他充满了希望和信任 |
[11:23] | “Good luck, Winnie,” he said. | 他说 祝你好运 温尼 |
[11:26] | “God bless you.” | 上帝保佑你 |
[11:27] | I mustn’t let him down. | 我不能让他失望 |
[11:29] | You won’t. | 你不会的 |
[11:30] | I might. | 我可能会 |
[11:34] | Halifax is no fool. | 哈利法克斯不是傻瓜 |
[11:37] | What he says is | 他的话 |
[11:38] | Full of wisdom and good sense. | 充满了智慧和理智 |
[11:39] | I hear his voice, | 我听到的是他的声音 |
[11:42] | But the face I see | 但是我看到的 |
[11:44] | Is that man outside number 10. | 是那个站在唐宁街10号外面的男人 |
[11:51] | Whether it was part of my duty to consider | 不管考虑于希特勒先生谈判 |
[11:57] | Entering into negotiations with Herr Hitler | 是否是我的责任 |
[12:02] | But it’s idle to think we’d get better terms | 但考虑去乞求更好的条款 |
[12:05] | Than if we fought it out. | 而不是诉诸武力解决问题是种浪费 |
[12:08] | And I’m convinced that every man of you | 我相信 如果我在此时 |
[12:12] | Would rise up | 考虑谈判或者投降 |
[12:14] | And tear me down from my place | 在座的所有人 |
[12:17] | If I were for one moment | 都会站起来 |
[12:19] | To contemplate parley or surrender. | 把我从这个位子上扯下来 |
[12:22] | Yes. | 对 |
[12:25] | If this long island history of ours | 如果英伦三岛的悠长历史 |
[12:28] | Is to end at last, | 最终要结束 |
[12:31] | Let it end | 只有当我们每个人 |
[12:33] | Only when each one of us | 都倒在自己的血泊中的时候 |
[12:35] | Lies choking in his own blood upon the ground. | 才能让它结束 |
[12:39] | Hear hear! | 同意 同意 |
[12:43] | Hear hear! | 同意 同意 |
[12:52] | Hear hear! | 同意 同意 |
[13:17] | “Early today, the Prime Minister, | 今天早上 首相 |
[13:19] | His wife, his youngest daughter | 夫人 他的小女儿 |
[13:21] | And members of his personal staff | 和他的私人助理 |
[13:22] | Flew to Bordeaux | 飞去波尔多 |
[13:24] | His first trip abroad | 自从战争结束 |
[13:25] | Since the end of the war. | 这是他的首次出国 |
[13:27] | After a hectic month of electioneering, | 经过一个月忙碌的竞选活动 |
[13:29] | Mr. Churchill has gone away | 丘吉尔先生离开 |
[13:31] | For a well deserved holiday.” | 去过一个应得的假期 |
[13:32] | “well deserved” is right. | “应得” 这个字是对的 |
[13:33] | “the election results will not be announced | 选举结果知道7月26日 |
[13:35] | Until July the 26th. | 才会公布 |
[13:37] | And although Mr. Churchill is expected to win, | 尽管丘吉尔先生预计会赢 |
[13:39] | The outcome is by no means certain.” | 但结果无法确定 |
[13:41] | Oh, this is bad news. | 这是坏消息 |
[13:42] | I don’t want to hear it. | 我不想听 |
[13:43] | “A poll in ‘The Daily Express’ says | 每日快报的民意调查显示 |
[13:45] | The conservatives will win, | 保守党会取得胜利 |
[13:46] | Whereas ‘The News Chronicle’ | 而新闻纪事 |
[13:47] | Predicts a labour victory.” | 预计工党会胜利 |
[13:49] | I don’t want your father to see that. | 我不想让你父亲看到 |
[14:04] | The big, unanswerable question is | 那个重要而无答案的问题是 |
[14:06] | How the servicemen voted. | 军人会如何投票 |
[14:10] | We allow three weeks to enable | 我们给出3个星期使 |
[14:12] | The servicemen abroad to cast their votes, | 军人能够在国外投票 |
[14:13] | And nobody foresaw how crucial those votes might be | 没人能预知这些选票有多么关键 |
[14:17] | Least of all me. | 尤其是我 |
[14:18] | Just stop worrying about the election. | 别再为选举担心了 |
[14:19] | Try to relax. | 放轻松吧 |
[14:20] | Well, it’s not my fault, Clemmie. | 这不是我的错 克莱米 |
[14:23] | I didn’t want this blasted election. | 我没想要这该死的选举 |
[14:25] | I know. I know that. | 我知道 我知道 |
[14:31] | Why don’t you try some painting this afternoon? | 你今天下午怎么不试试画画 |
[14:35] | Oh, I’ll have forgotten how to do it. | 我都要忘记怎么画了 |
[14:37] | Oh, of course you haven’t. | 你当然不会忘 |
[14:39] | It’s like riding a bicycle. | 就像骑脚踏车 |
[14:40] | Riding a bicycle? | 骑脚踏车 |
[14:41] | Or swimming. | 或者游泳 |
[14:43] | What on earth are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[14:45] | Once you can do it, you don’t forget. | 一旦你学会 就不会忘记 |
[14:49] | Do try, please. | 试试 求你了 |
[14:50] | well, I might. | 好的 我试试 |
[14:54] | Where’s the money coming from? | 钱从哪里来 |
[14:55] | That’s what I’d like to know. | 这就是我想知道的 |
[14:58] | For us, I mean, | 我的意思是 给我们的钱 |
[14:59] | In the unlikely event of the labour party winning. | 万一工党取得胜利 |
[15:01] | They won’t win. No one thinks they’ll win. | 他们不会赢的 没人认为他们会赢 |
[15:03] | We can’t live on an MP’s salary | 我们不能单靠议员的薪水来生活吧 |
[15:05] | Impossible. | 不可能 |
[15:06] | Where’s the money coming from? | 钱从哪儿来 |
[15:07] | Writing. Surely you’re bound to get lots of offers. | 写作 你肯定会得到很多邀请 |
[15:10] | And pay 19/6 in the pound income tax? | 并缴19.6%的所得税 |
[15:12] | Not bloody likely! | 绝对不可能 |
[15:15] | A blasted welfare state. Who wants it? | 该死的福利国家 谁要啊 |
[15:18] | Country can’t afford it. | 这个国家根本负担不起 |
[15:19] | Don’t they realize that? | 他们难道没有发觉吗 |
[15:21] | We did not fight this damn war | 我们可不是为了工党 |
[15:23] | So the labour party could take over | 接管并摧毁我们相信的一切 |
[15:25] | And destroy everything we believe in. | 来打这场该死的仗 |
[15:34] | What about the first sea lord? | 那第一海务大臣怎样 |
[15:36] | Has he responded to my memorandum? | 他有回应我的备忘录吗 |
[15:38] | Yes, sir. He telephoned earlier. | 有 阁下 他早些时候已经打电话 |
[15:39] | But you were in a meeting. | 但你在开会 |
[15:39] | I believe he spoke to Robert. | 我相信他和罗伯特谈了 |
[15:42] | Robert? Robert who, for god’s sake? | 罗伯特 罗伯特什么 |
[15:45] | Hard enough to know people by their surnames, | 靠姓氏记住人已经够难了 |
[15:47] | Christian names make life bloody impossible. | 教名更让生活变得一团糟 |
[15:50] | Yes, Pim? | 皮姆 什么事 |
[15:52] | Sir, Calais has fallen. | 阁下 加莱失守了 |
[15:56] | Is this confirmed? | 确定吗 |
[15:57] | Yes, sir. | 是的 阁下 |
[15:58] | The evacuation of our troops from Dunkirk | 我们的军队开始从敦克尔克 |
[16:00] | has begun. | 撤退 |
[16:01] | Thank you, Pim. | 谢谢 皮姆 |
[16:03] | Sir? | 阁下 |
[16:04] | Sir, I have a boat moored in the Isle of Wight. | 阁下 我有一艘船停泊在怀特岛 |
[16:08] | I think I could be of use, sir, | 我想我可以帮忙 阁下 |
[16:11] | If you could do without me for three or four days. | 如果这三四天你不需要我在这儿 |
[16:19] | Do what you can, Pim. | 尽你的能力 皮姆 |
[16:22] | Sir. | 阁下 |
[16:30] | We must prepare ourselves, sir. | 阁下 我们应该有心理准备 |
[16:32] | The loss of life will almost certainly be immense. | 伤亡几乎可以肯定很巨大 |
[16:38] | Tell Lord Gort | 告诉哥特勋爵 |
[16:40] | Wounded men to be evacuated last. | 伤员留到最后才疏散 |
[16:47] | “a week ago today, Mr. Speaker, | 斯匹克先生 一周前的今天 |
[16:52] | I feared it would be my hard lot, | 我担心这将是我最苦难的日子 |
[16:59] | To announce the greatest military disaster | 要宣布我们历史以来 |
[17:03] | In our long history. | 海军遭受的最严重损失 |
[17:07] | The whole root, core | 整个英军的根 核心 |
[17:10] | And brain of the British army | 和大脑 |
[17:13] | Seemed about to perish upon the field | 似乎即将在前线消亡 |
[17:16] | Or to be led into an ignominious captivity.” | 或成为一个可耻的俘虏 |
[17:21] | Give me it. | 给我 |
[17:25] | “an ignominious and starving captivity. | 一个可耻和饥饿的俘虏 |
[17:31] | Suddenly the scene has changed | 突然情况扭转了 |
[17:34] | The scene has cleared.” | 情况变得明朗 |
[17:35] | Good. | 好 |
[17:36] | “the crash and thunder has, for the moment…” | 电闪雷鸣暂时 |
[17:40] | I’m terribly sorry, sir. | 先生 很对不起 |
[17:41] | The prime minister has asked not to be interrupted | 首相已经吩咐了不能被打断 |
[17:43] | “…but only for the moment | 但只是暂时 |
[17:46] | Died away. | 消逝 |
[17:48] | The miracle of deliverance | 靠勇气 |
[17:51] | Achieved by valor, | 毅力 |
[17:53] | By perseverance, | 实现的奇迹般的逃生 |
[17:55] | Is manifest to us all. | 对所有人来说都很明了 |
[17:56] | And the royal navy, | 皇家海军 |
[17:58] | With the help of countless merchant seamen | 在不计其数的航运水手帮助下 |
[18:01] | And using nearly 1,000 ships of all kinds, | 动用了1000艘各种船只 |
[18:05] | Have carried over 335,000 men | 载着三十三万五千人 |
[18:10] | Out of the jaws of death and shame | 逃出了死亡和耻辱 |
[18:12] | To their native land. | 回到祖国 |
[18:16] | We must be very careful | 我们需万分小心 |
[18:18] | Not to assign to this deliverance | 不能说这次逃生 |
[18:20] | The attributes of a victory. | 的本质是胜利 |
[18:23] | Wars are not won by evacuations. | 战争不是用撤退来取得胜利 |
[18:26] | Our thankfulness at the escape | 我们对这次军队和所有将士的撤退 |
[18:29] | Of our army and so many men, | 心怀感激 |
[18:32] | Whose loved ones have passed through an agonizing week | 他们的亲人们经历了炼狱般的一个星期 |
[18:35] | Must not blind us to the fact | 这感激不能让我们无视 |
[18:39] | That what has happened in France and Belgium | 法国和比利时的情况 |
[18:41] | Is a colossal military disaster. | 是一个巨大的军事灾难这一事实 |
[18:47] | We are told that Herr Hitler has a plan | 由此得知 希特勒先生 |
[18:51] | For invading the british isles. | 计划入侵不列颠群岛 |
[18:53] | This has often been thought of before. | 这已经是经过深思熟虑的 |
[18:57] | I have, myself, full confidence | 我自己有足够的信心 |
[18:59] | That if all do their duty, | 如果每个人都尽职尽责 |
[19:01] | if nothing is neglected, | 如果没有事情被忽视 |
[19:02] | And the best arrangements are made, | 且像正在做的一样 |
[19:04] | As they are being made, | 做好完全准备 |
[19:07] | We shall prove ourselves once more | 我们就能再次的证明自己 |
[19:10] | Able to defend our island home, | 有能力去保卫祖国 |
[19:12] | To outlive the menace of tyranny, | 经受独裁的恐怖 |
[19:15] | If necessary for years, | 哪怕抗争多年 |
[19:18] | If necessary alone. | 哪怕孤军奋战 |
[19:22] | Even though large tracts of europe | 虽然欧洲的大片土地 |
[19:24] | And many old and famous states have fallen | 以及许多文明古国已经沦陷 |
[19:27] | Or may fall into the grip of the gestapo | 或者落入盖世太保的魔爪 |
[19:31] | And all the odious apparatus of nazi rule, | 被让人作呕的纳粹统治 |
[19:34] | We shall not flag or fail. | 我们都不会投降或放弃 |
[19:37] | We shall go on to the end. | 我们要抗争到底 |
[19:40] | We shall fight on the seas and oceans. | 我们要在海上作战 |
[19:43] | We shall fight with growing confidence | 我们要用不断增长的信心 |
[19:46] | And growing strength in the air. | 和不断增长的空中力量作战 |
[19:48] | We shall defend our island, | 我们要保卫我们的家园 |
[19:51] | Whatever the cost may be. | 无论付出多大的代价 |
[19:55] | We shall fight on the beaches. | 我们要在沙滩上作战 |
[19:57] | We shall fight on the landing grounds. | 我们要在飞机场作战 |
[19:59] | We shall fight in the fields | 我们要在田野 |
[20:02] | And in the streets. | 在小巷作战 |
[20:04] | We shall fight in the hills. | 我们要在山岗上作战 |
[20:06] | We shall never surrender.” | 我们决不投降 |
[20:24] | Sawyers! | 索耶斯 |
[20:45] | Sorry, Clemmie. I need my paints. | 对不起 克莱米 我要拿油画工具 |
[20:48] | This fool left them on the terrace. | 把它们放在阳台上多傻啊 |
[20:49] | Sorry, Mrs. Churchill, I didn’t realize- – | 对不起 丘吉尔夫人 我没注意到 |
[20:51] | Come along. come along. | 过来 过来 |
[20:53] | why on earth did you put them here? | 你到底为什么把它们放在这里 |
[20:55] | It’s such a nice view, sir. | 这里风景很好 阁下 |
[20:56] | I thought you might like to paint it. | 我以为你可能喜欢在这里画画 |
[20:58] | I’m the one who decides what view to paint. | 画什么风景由我来决定 |
[21:00] | Mind your own damn business! | 管好你自己的事就行了 |
[21:03] | – Where are the other paints? – What other paints? | -其他颜料呢 -什么其他颜料 |
[21:06] | You’ve left half of them behind. | 你忘记带了一半的颜料 |
[21:08] | For god’s sakes, Sawyers, who told you to bring only these? | 天 索耶斯 谁让你就带这些来的啊 |
[21:10] | I haven’t touched your paints, sir. | 我没碰过你的颜料 阁下 |
[21:12] | Where’s the cobalt? where’s the hooker’s green? | 深蓝色哪儿去了 胡克绿又哪儿去了 |
[21:14] | Where’s the burnt sienna? | 深褐色哪儿去了 |
[21:16] | You’ve left everything at home! | 你把所有的东西都落在家里了 |
[21:23] | You’re an absolute bloody fool, Sawyers! | 你绝对是个呆子 索耶斯 |
[21:30] | Would you mind that picture, | 看在上帝的份上 |
[21:32] | For god’s sakes?! | 你小心点画行吗 |
[21:34] | – Winston. – We won’t disturb you again. | -温斯顿 -我们不会再打扰你了 |
[21:37] | – Promise. – Winston, please. | -我保证 -温斯顿 求你了 |
[21:39] | – What is it? – Please stop behaving like this. | -什么事情 -求你别再这样了 |
[21:43] | – Like what? – All this fuss about | -怎样了 -就为了几管颜料 |
[21:45] | A few tubes of paint. | 小题大做 |
[21:52] | Painting was your idea, remember? | 画画可是你的建议 忘了吗 |
[21:54] | It will take my mind off the election, apparently. | 显然可以将我的注意力从竞选上转移开 |
[21:57] | And you really mustn’t speak to Sawyers like that. | 但你不能那样对索耶斯讲话 |
[21:59] | – Like what? – How would you like to be shouted at? | -哪样 -有人对你吼 你是什么感觉 |
[22:01] | – He doesn’t mind. – Of course he minds! | -他不介意的 -他当然介意 |
[22:04] | – Didn’t you see his face? – He takes it in his stride. | -你没见他的表情吗 -他处理这事很镇静 |
[22:06] | He knows what I’m like. | 他知道我喜欢什么 |
[22:07] | We’d be lost without Sawyers, | 没有了索耶斯我们会不知所措 |
[22:09] | – and well you know it. – Lost? what do you mean, lost? | -你也知道 -不知所措 你什么意思 |
[22:11] | – He’s not going anywhere. – Just treat him with respect, winston. | -他哪里也不会去的 -对他尊重点吧 温斯顿 |
[22:14] | – What are you talking about? – You treat him like a servant! | -你在说什么呢 -你对待他就像一个仆人 |
[22:17] | That’s what he is! | 他就是一个仆人 |
[22:18] | It’s people like him who won the war! | 正是像他这样的群众才赢得了战争 |
[22:20] | I see. You’re in one of your left- wing moods. | 我知道了 你变成左派了 |
[22:22] | God, you’re a patronizing bully. | 天啊 你这个傲慢的恃强凌弱的家伙 |
[22:33] | Prime minister, I’m sorry to keep you waiting. | 首相 让您久等了 |
[22:36] | I’m sorry to disturb you in the evening, sir. | 深夜来访我很抱歉 阁下 |
[22:43] | – What’s happened? – The french have surrendered. | -发生什么事情了 -法国投降了 |
[22:46] | – We are alone? – Yes, sir. | -我们孤立了 -是的 阁下 |
[22:50] | Arrangements have been made for you, her majesty | 已经安排好您 女王 |
[22:52] | And the princesses to be evacuated from london. | 和公主殿下们撤出伦敦了 |
[22:55] | We must consider when it would be prudent | 我们必须考量何时撤出 |
[22:57] | to make such a move. | 才是慎重的 |
[22:58] | Do you think an invasion is imminent? | 你认为入侵会马上来临吗 |
[23:00] | It all depends on air supremacy. | 这完全取决于制空权 |
[23:02] | Hitler needs to control the air before he launches an invasion, | 入侵之前希特勒要先占领领空 |
[23:06] | But we are fully prepared for any eventuality. | 但我们已经为突发事件作了充分的准备 |
[23:09] | If Hitler uses poison gas, we shall do the same. | 如果希特勒使用毒气 我们也用 |
[23:12] | We have the deadliest gasses in the world- – | 我们拥有世界上最致命的毒气 |
[23:14] | Mustard, anthrax. | 芥气 炭疽热 |
[23:16] | Everything is tested and ready for use. | 所有东西被测以备使用 |
[23:18] | When might it happen? | 入侵可能在什么时候 |
[23:19] | Anytime between now and the end of september. | 从现在到九月末的任何时候 |
[23:22] | After that, the weather and the tides will be against him. | 在那之后天气和潮汐就对他不利了 |
[23:25] | The queen and I have talked about this. | 皇后和我谈过这事 |
[23:29] | The children could not possibly go without her, | 没有她孩子们不会离开的 |
[23:31] | She won’t go without me | 她又不能离开我 |
[23:35] | And I shall not leave london | 而我在任何境况下 |
[23:37] | Under any circumstances. | 都不能离开伦敦 |
[23:40] | Very well, sir. | 很好 阁下 |
[23:44] | There is something else. | 还有一些事 |
[23:46] | Now that the french have surrendered, | 现在法国人投降了 |
[23:47] | We must assume that their navy | 我们必须假设他们的海军 |
[23:49] | Will soon be in german hands. | 很快会被德国人控制 |
[23:52] | That must not happen. | 这情况一定不能发生 |
[23:53] | We must keep control of the mediterranean. | 我们必须控制内陆 |
[23:56] | Without access to the suez canal | 不能使用苏伊士运河 |
[23:58] | Our oil supplies will be cut off, | 我们的石油供给将被阻断 |
[24:00] | Which would of course be disastrous. | 那必将是灾难性的 |
[24:02] | I’ve told the French they must continue to fight, | 我告诉过法国人他们必须坚持战斗 |
[24:05] | Sail their ships to a British port | 把他们的舰艇驶入英属港口 |
[24:08] | Or scuttle the entire fleet. | 或凿沉舰船 |
[24:10] | If they accept none of these choices, | 如果他们不接受以上任何选择 |
[24:13] | I’ve ordered admiral Somerville | 我已经命令萨摩威尔上将 |
[24:16] | To bombard the french fleet in the port of oran. | 去炸掉泊在奥兰港的法军军舰 |
[24:19] | We have to show the world, | 我们要向整个世界表态 |
[24:22] | And in particular the united states, | 特别是向美国表态 |
[24:24] | That we mean to fight on. | 我们会战斗到底 |
[24:41] | Message from admiral Somerville, sir. | 萨摩威尔上将传来消息 阁下 |
[24:43] | Since the deadline has passed, | 由于最后期限已过 |
[24:46] | He’s opened fire on the french ships. | 他已向法军舰开火 |
[24:49] | He says he’s being heavily engaged. | 他说他在剧烈交战中 |
[25:05] | How many frenchmen killed? | 有多少法国人被杀 |
[25:08] | 1200. | 一千二百 |
[25:12] | You know, when Joe Kennedy came back from london | 你知道 乔伊・肯尼迪从伦敦回来时 |
[25:15] | And delivered his considered ambassadorial opinion | 转达他经过充分考虑的大使级意见 |
[25:19] | He said winston churchill is a drunk, | 他说温斯顿・丘吉尔是一个酗酒者 |
[25:23] | A warmonger, a bully. | 一个战争贩子 一个恶棍 |
[25:24] | Joe kennedy’s an appeaser. He’s bound to say that. | 乔伊・肯尼迪是主和派 他不得不这样说 |
[25:27] | True. | 没错 |
[25:29] | On the other hand, to be fair to joe | 另一方面 平心而论乔伊 |
[25:31] | When I first met Winston, I didn’t like him either. | 当我第一次见到温斯顿 我同样不喜欢他 |
[25:34] | It was 20 years ago, | 那是20年前了 |
[25:37] | A big formal dinner in london. | 在伦敦一场盛大的正式晚宴 |
[25:40] | He acted like a stinker. | 他的行为好像个卑鄙小人 |
[25:44] | The sort of british snob I detest. | 那种我厌恶的英国势利小人 |
[25:46] | But as I say, that was 20 years ago. | 但就像我说的 那是20年前了 |
[25:50] | And now? | 那现在呢 |
[25:52] | He may be a drunk, he may be a warmonger, | 他可能嗜酒 也可能是个战争贩子 |
[25:54] | But he’s certainly a fighter. | 但他一定是名战士 |
[26:00] | “prime minister to president, personal and secret. | “首相致总统 非官方 绝密 |
[26:03] | I trust you realize that the voice and force | 我相信你意识到来自美国国内的声音 |
[26:06] | Of the united states may count for nothing | 和压力都算不上什么 |
[26:08] | If they are withheld too long. | 如果纠结太久 |
[26:10] | You may have a completely subjugated nazified europe | 一个完全被征服的纳粹化的欧洲 |
[26:14] | Established with astonishing swiftness, | 以惊人迅速的建立起来 |
[26:17] | And the weight may be more than we can bear. | 而这将是你我不能承受之重 |
[26:20] | We must ask therefore | 因此 生死存亡之际 |
[26:22] | For whatever help and reinforcements you can provide | 我们必须请求 |
[26:26] | As a matter of life and death. | 一切您可能提供的帮助以及增援 |
[26:31] | Mr. president, with great respect | 总统先生 带着无限的敬意 |
[26:34] | I must tell you that | 我必须告诉您 |
[26:35] | in the long history of the world, | 在世间漫长的历史上 |
[26:37] | This is the thing to do now.” | 这就是现在要做的事情 |
[26:48] | Good morning, sir. | 早晨好 长官 |
[26:53] | On your feet, gentlemen- – the prime minister! | 先生们 请起立 首相到 |
[27:01] | – Good morning, gentlemen. – Good morning, sir. | -早晨好 先生们 -早晨好 阁下 |
[27:04] | Have you been in action today, flight lieutenant? | 你今天有任务吗 空军上尉 |
[27:07] | No, sir. b-flight did the early patrol. | 没有长官 B队执行早间巡查 |
[27:09] | – Not seen much trade since. – How about you? | -暂时没有侦查到敌机 -你呢 |
[27:11] | – How many huns have you brought down? – Four, sir, maybe five. | -你击落几架敌机 -4架 阁下 也许是5架 |
[27:14] | – I got two on monday. – Very good. | -我周一打下了两架 -很好 |
[27:16] | The next two days’ll be crucial. | 接下来的两天非常重要 |
[27:19] | If Hitler wins the battle of the air, | 如果希特勒赢了空中战役 |
[27:20] | he wins the battle for Britain. | 他就赢了对英国的战役 |
[27:22] | – It depends on you. – Would you like a mug of tea, sir? | -就靠你们了 -来杯茶吗 阁下 |
[27:24] | Good god, no! my wife drinks that. | 天 才不 我妻子才喝茶呢 |
[27:27] | I’m sure we can find you | 我确信可以在军官餐厅 |
[27:29] | Something stronger in the officer’s mess, sir. | 给您弄到烈酒 阁下 |
[27:30] | I wouldn’t like to get anyone into trouble. | 我可不想让任何人惹上麻烦 |
[27:33] | Seeing as it’s you, sir, I’m sure it’ll be fine. | 鉴于是您 阁下 我确定没问题 |
[27:35] | – Johnny Walker or Haig, sir? – Scramble! | -您要那种威士忌 阁下 -紧急起飞! |
[27:37] | Angels twelve over Maidstone! scramble! | 梅德斯通上空发现天使十二 紧急起飞 |
[27:46] | Contact! | 保持联络 |
[28:46] | What reserves do we have? | 我们有多少候补飞行员 |
[28:48] | There are none. | 一个都没有 |
[28:50] | They’re so young. | 他们太年轻 |
[28:53] | And so few of them. | 人数太少 |
[28:59] | And yet… | 而现在 |
[29:01] | On these few young men, these boys, | 我们将整个国家和王室的未来 |
[29:03] | We are entrusting the future of our entire nation and empire. | 都托付在这群年轻人身上 |
[29:10] | Never has so much been | 从未有如此少的人 |
[29:12] | owed by so many to so few. | 背负如此多人的期望 |
[29:16] | Make a note, jock. | 卓克 做记录 |
[29:19] | “never on the field of human conflict | 在人类战争史上 |
[29:23] | Has so much been owed by so many | 从未有如此少的人 |
[29:26] | To so few.” | 背负如此多人的期望 |
[29:28] | I might use that later. | 我一会儿可能会用到的 |
[29:31] | “the gratitude of every home in our island | 英伦三岛所有家庭的感谢 |
[29:33] | Goes out to the british airmen who, undaunted by odds, | 献给英军飞行员 他们不畏艰险 |
[29:36] | Are turning the tide of the world war | 凭借自己的英勇和献身精神 |
[29:39] | By their prowess and by their devotion. | 正在扭转世界大战的局势 |
[29:41] | Never in the field of human conflict | 在人类战争史上 |
[29:42] | was so much | 从未有如此之少的人 |
[29:44] | Owed by so many to so few.” | 背负如此之多人的期望 |
[29:49] | Not bad, eh? | 不错吧 |
[29:53] | I gather you’re making a fuss about | 我估计你要对我们南部地区的防御 |
[29:55] | our southern area defenses, | 小题大做了 |
[29:56] | – is that so? – I wouldn’t call it a fuss, | -是吗 -我不能称之为小题大做 |
[29:58] | – prime minister. – That’s what I was told. | -首相大人 -我就是这么听说的 |
[29:59] | “major general Montgomery’s been making a fuss,” | “蒙哥马利少将一直都小题大做” |
[30:02] | They said. I want to know why. | 他们这么说 我想知道为什么 |
[30:04] | See for yourself, sir. | 阁下 您还是自己看吧 |
[30:09] | Sir. | 阁下 |
[30:14] | – Static guns – What’s the point of that? | -固定炮 -说明什么 |
[30:17] | It’s absurd to try and defend the coastline of england | 用这种固定炮防御英国的海岸线 |
[30:20] | With guns in static positions. | 很荒谬 |
[30:22] | The germans would bypass the whole lot of them | 德国人会像他们在法国一样 |
[30:24] | as they did in france. | 绕过所有这些炮 |
[30:25] | What we need is mobility. | 我们需要的是机动性 |
[30:28] | Might I remind you that our army vehicles | 需要我提醒你我们的装甲车 |
[30:31] | Are lying in heaps of charred wreckage on the beaches of dunkirk? | 堆在敦刻尔克海滩上烧焦的废墟里吗 |
[30:34] | Buses! plenty of buses in the country after all. | 公交车 毕竟国家还有大量的公交车 |
[30:36] | My division should be given buses | 我的师应该配备公交车 |
[30:38] | And transported rapidly to wherever they’re needed. | 可以快速运动到任何需要的地方 |
[30:43] | What we have here is worse than useless. | 这样的炮一无是处 |
[30:45] | Your commanding officer | 你们指挥官 |
[30:47] | Seems perfectly satisfied with things as they are. | 似乎对现状很满意 |
[30:50] | Well, he’s wrong. | 他错了 |
[30:54] | – He’s wrong and you’re right? – Precisely so. | -他是错的你是正确的 -绝对是 |
[30:56] | And if he were here, I would tell him so to his face. | 如果他人在这里 我会当面指出的 |
[31:02] | Very well. busses you shall have. | 非常好 公交车是你的了 |
[31:04] | Now that matter is settled, we’ll have lunch. | 现在问题解决了 我们去吃午饭 |
[31:07] | And a drink. I’m sure you could do with a drink, major general. | 再喝上一杯 我肯定你酒量不错 少将 |
[31:10] | I neither drink nor smoke and am 100% fit. | 我不吸烟也不喝酒而且100%健康 |
[31:15] | Well, I both drink and smoke and I’m 200% fit. | 我即吸烟又喝酒且我200%健康 |
[31:22] | Everything all right, bunny? | 一切就绪了吗 邦尼 |
[31:23] | Yes, sir. ready when you are. | 是的 阁下 您好了就可以放 |
[31:24] | Very good. come along, everyone. | 很好 大家都过来 |
[31:26] | What does a humble at say to the chief of the imperial general staff? | 一个小下属见到总参谋部长应该说点什么 |
[31:29] | – “good luck” might be appropriate. – I gather you’re busy | -“好运”可能是最合适的了 -我猜你很忙吧 |
[31:32] | – Raising money for the war effort. – I do what I can. | -为战争事务筹款 -我尽我所能 |
[31:35] | Mama’s chairman of the red cross appeal committee. | 妈妈是红十字救助委员会主席 |
[31:37] | We’re very proud of her. | 我们都非常为她感到骄傲 |
[31:38] | I never thought I’d be married to a chairman. | 我从没想过我会娶到一位主席 |
[31:41] | One expects she’ll come downstairs | 还指望着她穿着条纹西服扎着领结 |
[31:43] | In a pin-striped suit and mcc tie. | 下楼来 |
[31:51] | Come along, brookie. come and sit here. | 过来 布鲁奇 过来坐这里来 |
[31:54] | We have a film show every weekend. | 我们每个周末都看部电影 |
[31:56] | Special treat today- – | 今天特别奉献 |
[31:58] | My favorite film. best film ever made. | 我最喜欢的一部电影 最好的一部片子 |
[32:00] | All right, Bunny. ready when you are. | 好了 邦尼 准备好可以开始了 |
[32:02] | Switch off the light there, Jock. | 把灯关掉 卓克克 |
[32:09] | Sorry. A silly joke. | 抱歉 那是个蹩脚的笑话 |
[32:11] | Mary is quite right- – | 玛丽说的很对 |
[32:13] | We’re all very proud of you. | 我们都很为你骄傲 |
[32:21] | “Alexander Korda presents”- – | 亚历山大・柯达出品 |
[32:24] | You see this? | 你们看见了没有 |
[32:25] | a great friend of mine, Alex. | 这是我的一位好友 阿莱克斯 |
[32:27] | A brilliant fellow. has everybody got a drink? | 非常接触的小伙子 大家都有饮料了吗 |
[32:30] | – Do sit down, winston. – Right. | -坐下 温斯顿 -好的 |
[32:33] | Lord Hood advised me to instruct you- – | 胡德爵士建议我来教导你 |
[32:38] | Instruct- – | 教导 |
[32:40] | Quite all right, captain. I have no secrets from lady Hamilton. | 没关系船长 我和汉密尔顿女士无话不谈 |
[32:42] | Your indecisive defeat of the Danes… | 你对丹麦人的打击犹豫不决 |
[32:45] | Ah! here he comes. | 他开始了 |
[32:48] | Here he comes now- – | 他开始了 |
[32:49] | Nelson victorious after the battle of copenhagen. | 尼尔森在哥本哈根战役后取得了胜利 |
[32:53] | A peace with Napoleon Bonaparte- – | 和拿破仑波拿巴的和平 |
[32:56] | But, gentlemen, | 但是 先生们 |
[32:56] | you will never make peace with Napoleon! | 你是永远不能与拿破仑那里取得和平 |
[32:58] | He doesn’t mean peace today. he just wants- – | 他现在不想要和平 他想要的是… |
[33:03] | Listen to what he has to say. damn clever. | 听听他的话 太聪明了 |
[33:04] | – Winston! – Substitute the name Hitler | -温斯顿 -把拿破仑的名字 |
[33:07] | For Napoleon | 换成希特勒 |
[33:08] | And you’ll see what they’re getting at. | 你就会发现他们暗示什么 |
[33:10] | to destroy our empire! | 来摧毁我们的帝国 |
[33:11] | Clever stuff. | 聪明的家伙 |
[33:13] | Napoleon can never be master of the world- – | 拿破仑不可能统治世界 |
[33:15] | – Very timely. – Years ago I said the same thing. | -识时务 -多年前我说过同样的话 |
[33:18] | I begged them, I entreated them not to give way. | 我请求他们 建议他们不要让步 |
[33:20] | But they wouldn’t listen to me and they paid the price. | 但他们不听我的 他们付出了代价 |
[33:22] | You cannot make peace with dictators! | 与独裁者之间是不能和平的 |
[33:24] | – England… – expects… | -英格兰… -期盼 |
[33:27] | that… every… | 每个.. |
[33:30] | Man… | 人… |
[33:32] | Will do… | 尽… |
[33:36] | His… | 他们的 |
[33:38] | Duty. | 职责 |
[33:50] | Here they come, the buggers. | 他们来了 那些贱人 |
[34:08] | Hurry along, sir. hurry along, madam. | 赶快撤离 阁下 赶快撤离 夫人 |
[34:20] | Ah! Clemmie, do go down to my room. | 克莱米 来楼下我的房间 |
[34:24] | – I’ll be back in a minute. – Where are you going? | -我马上就回来 -你要去哪儿 |
[34:26] | – back in a minute. back in a minute. – winston! | -马上就回来 马上 -温斯顿 |
[34:27] | Mrs. churchill, please. | 丘吉尔夫人 请 |
[34:34] | Good evening, mrs. churchill. | 晚上好 丘吉尔夫人 |
[34:35] | Good evening, captain pim. | 晚上好 皮姆 |
[34:40] | Where’s winston going? | 温斯顿去哪儿了 |
[34:42] | Up to the roof I’m afraid. he likes to see what’s going on. | 恐怕是屋顶上 他想看看发生了什么 |
[34:56] | I was looking at him at dinner last night | 昨天晚饭时我看着他 |
[34:59] | And winston was full of plans and ideas. | 温斯顿有一肚子的计划和想法 |
[35:03] | He was telling jokes, quoting poetry. | 他不停的讲着笑话 吟诗 |
[35:06] | I thought “he’s like a little boy playing | 我当时就想”他就像一个小孩子 |
[35:09] | An enormously elaborate game of make believe. | 玩一个假装的极为复杂的游戏” |
[35:13] | And to his great delight, it’s suddenly come true.” | 而让他更兴奋地是 这一切突然变成真的了 |
[36:03] | Who was that on the telephone? | 谁来的电话 |
[36:05] | Do you really want to know? | 你真想知道吗 |
[36:07] | – I do. – It was the local mayor | -我想 -是当地市长 |
[36:10] | Inviting us to an evening of basque folk dancing. | 邀请我们去参加一个巴斯克衫民间舞会 |
[36:13] | Oh god, how fearful. | 天 太可怕了 |
[36:16] | – I hope you said no. – I said yes. | -我希望你没有答应 -我答应了 |
[36:19] | Diplomacy, winston. | 温斯顿 这是外交 |
[36:20] | Oh lord. | 天啊 |
[36:21] | Perhaps you should join in. | 或许你也应该来参加 |
[36:23] | Be good for you- – a bit of exercise. | 对你有好处的 小小练习一下 |
[36:39] | – Wing commander Maddox? – Yes, sir. | -空军中校马多克斯 -是的 阁下 |
[36:43] | – Victoria cross? – Yes, sir. | -维多利亚十字勋章 -是的 阁下 |
[36:49] | “It is ordained that the victoria cross | 有规定只有如下情况 |
[36:52] | Shall only be awarded | 才被授予维多利亚十字勋章 |
[36:54] | For most conspicuous bravery, | 在敌人面前 |
[36:56] | Or some pre-eminent act of valor | 英勇无畏 |
[36:59] | Or self-sacrifice or extreme devotion to duty | 表现卓越勇气可嘉 |
[37:01] | In the presence of the enemy.” | 勇于牺牲 极度敬业 |
[37:04] | Isn’t that what it says on the royal warrant? | 皇室认证上不是那么写的吗 |
[37:06] | Yes, sir. | 没错 阁下 |
[37:09] | The battle of Britain was won by men like you. | 大不列颠的胜利是由你这样的勇士取得的 |
[37:13] | This country owes you | 国家的存在和自由 |
[37:15] | Its life and liberty. | 是因你 |
[37:23] | You feel very humble and awkward | 在我面前你是否感到 |
[37:25] | In my presence, don’t you? | 非常自卑和尴尬呢 |
[37:27] | Yes, sir. | 是的 阁下 |
[37:30] | Then you can imagine | 那么你可以想象 |
[37:32] | How humble and awkward I feel in yours. | 在你面前我是如何的自卑和尴尬 |
[37:41] | – Good news from Bletchley. – Sir? | -布莱奇利过来的好消息 -是什么 阁下 |
[37:43] | The boffins have unbuttoned a cipher message | 解密专家破解了一组从柏林 |
[37:46] | From berlin to the commander of the 16th army. | 发给16军指挥官的加密消息 |
[37:49] | All invasion barges are to be returned to | 所有入侵艇很快就会返回 |
[37:52] | their base in Germany. | 德国的基地 |
[37:53] | – Excellent! – Herr Hitler has left it too late. | -太好了 -希特勒终于这么做了 |
[37:57] | Buggeration! | 该死 |
[37:58] | Can’t invade now till the spring. | 开春前他都无法入侵了 |
[38:01] | Who knows what might happen between now and then? | 谁知道这期间会发生什么 |
[38:06] | Shan’t tell Roosevelt just yet. | 先别告诉罗斯福 |
[38:10] | No, sir. | 好 阁下 |
[38:12] | Don’t want the yanks to think we’re out of danger | 在确定咱们真的脱险之前 |
[38:15] | Until we’re sure we are. | 不能让美国佬这么认为 |
[38:16] | Tell them his name. | 告诉他们他叫什么 |
[38:17] | Puggy-wuggy. | 狗狗瓦基 |
[38:19] | You loved that little dog, didn’t you? | 你喜欢那只小狗 不是吗 |
[38:21] | I adored him when I was a little girl. | 我从小就很敬仰他 |
[38:22] | He walked awfully like papa. | 他走路时和我爸爸一模一样 |
[38:27] | Well, when I was a boy, I used to collect toy soldiers. | 我小时候很喜欢收集玩具士兵 |
[38:29] | I had 1500 of them all arranged on a long trestle table. | 一共1500个 我把他们摆在长桌上 |
[38:33] | I organized battles, invasions, entire wars. | 我用他们模拟战役 入侵 或整场战争 |
[38:37] | I used to pretend I was the greatest | 我曾假装成世上 |
[38:39] | general the world had ever known, | 最伟大的将军 |
[38:41] | And my brother Jack always played the enemy. | 而我弟弟杰克总扮演我的敌人 |
[38:43] | – Excuse – One day my father came | -不好意 -有一天我父亲来到 |
[38:45] | Into the nursery and obviously impressed | 幼儿室 明显对排列整齐的玩具兵 |
[38:48] | With the orderly ranks of my infantrymen, | 印象深刻 |
[38:50] | “Would you like to enter the army?” he said. | 你想去参军吗 他问我 |
[38:54] | “Oh yes, sir,” I said. “That’d be splendid.” | 当然 长官 我说 那样太棒了 |
[38:56] | So off I went to Sandhurst. | 所以我去了陆军官校 |
[38:58] | Well, I thought he’d sent me there | 我认为他送我去那里 |
[39:00] | Because he had discerned in me qualities of military genius. | 是因为他察觉到了我军事方面的天赋 |
[39:04] | In fact, it was because he thought I was | 但实际上是因为他认为我太笨了 |
[39:06] | too stupid for the bar. | 无法当律师 |
[39:11] | Yes, Sawyers. What is it? | 好吧 索耶斯 怎么了 |
[39:13] | The japanese have attacked the americans, sir. | 日本空袭了美国 首相大人 |
[39:15] | – I’ve been listening on the wireless. – What?! | -我在听广播时听到的 -什么 |
[39:18] | Somewhere near Hawaii, sir. | 在夏威夷附近 阁下 |
[39:20] | God, why didn’t you say something? | 天 你刚才怎么不说 |
[39:23] | I shall declare war on japan. | 我应该向日本宣战 |
[39:25] | – Excuse me. – Yes yes. | -失陪 -没问题 |
[39:27] | Prime minister, you can’t declare war | 首相大人 你不能因为广播里这么说 |
[39:29] | Because of something you’ve heard on the wireless. | 就向日本宣战 |
[39:31] | Don’t tell me what to do, Colville! | 科尔维尔 我知道该怎么做 |
[39:32] | If I want to declare war, I’ll bloody well declare it! | 如果我想宣战的话我就一定要宣战 |
[39:34] | – Please, sir. – Mr. president, | -请您三思 -总统先生 |
[39:37] | What’s all this about japan? | 日本袭击的事情是真的吗 |
[39:40] | It’s quite true. | 千真万确 |
[39:41] | They’ve attacked us at pearl harbor. | 他们空袭了珍珠港 |
[39:43] | We’re all in the same boat now. | 现在我们要同舟共济了 |
[39:46] | This is momentous news, Mr. president. | 真是个重大的消息 总统先生 |
[39:52] | Tonight I shall sleep the sleep | 今晚我可以安心 |
[39:55] | Of the saved and the thankful. | 踏实地睡觉了 |
[40:04] | Where are you taking those? | 这些东西你要带到哪儿 |
[40:06] | Mr. Churchill wants them pressed, madam. | 丘吉尔先生让我熨这些衣服 夫人 |
[40:08] | He wants to take them to Washington. | 他准备带去华盛顿 |
[40:12] | Is that all right, Mrs. Churchill? | 没问题吧 丘吉尔夫人 |
[40:13] | Yes, of course. Thank you, Sawyers. | 当然 没问题 谢谢 索耶斯 |
[40:19] | When are you going to Washington? | 你要何时去华盛顿 |
[40:21] | Thursday. Sorry. What? | 周二 等会 你说什么 |
[40:23] | – Winston. – I didn’t hear what you said. | -温斯顿 -我刚才没听见你说什么 |
[40:26] | – Of course you did. – No need to be cross. | -你肯定听到了 -你没必要为这生气 |
[40:28] | I was going to tell you later. | 我本打算晚点告诉你的 |
[40:30] | This is madness. | 这太玩命了 |
[40:31] | Winston, you’ll make yourself ill. | 温斯顿 你身体扛不住的 |
[40:33] | I have to see the president. | 我必须得去见美国总统 |
[40:35] | Talk to him on the telephone. | 和他在电话里谈 |
[40:37] | I need to meet him face to face. | 我必须见到他 |
[40:38] | Why? You’re exhausted. | 为什么 你已经够累了 |
[40:41] | You’re working 16 hours a day. You cannot | 你每天工作16个小时 你不能再 |
[40:43] | They have the men. they have the resources. | 他们有人有钱 |
[40:45] | So far we’ve managed | 迄今为止 |
[40:46] | to avoid losing this damn war. | 我们都力图避免输了这该死的战争 |
[40:48] | We cannot win it without the americans. | 没有美国的帮助我赢不了 |
[40:51] | That’s why. | 这就是原因 |
[41:02] | Now, you know Winston’s going to america. | 你知道温斯顿要去美国的消息了吗 |
[41:05] | – Yes, I heard. – I very much want you to go with him | -是的 我听说了 -我恳请你陪他一起去 |
[41:08] | As his doctor and his friend. | 因为你既是他的医生又是他的朋友 |
[41:10] | A bit difficult. He hasn’t asked me. | 有点难 他没让我去 |
[41:12] | Well, he will. I can arrange that. | 他会的 我可以安排 |
[41:14] | Please. He needs someone to look after him. | 求你了 必须有人照看他 |
[41:17] | He’s hopeless with ordinary life | 他对衣食住行一窍不通 |
[41:19] | Hopeless. He knows nothing about it. | 对此他什么都不懂 |
[41:21] | Did you know he’s never been on a bus? | 你相信吗 他从没没坐过公车 |
[41:23] | He’s only been on the underground once | 他只坐过一次地铁 |
[41:26] | That was during the general strike. | 是在大罢工的时候 |
[41:27] | He went round and round on the circle line, | 他坐地铁饶了一圈又一圈 |
[41:30] | Didn’t know where to get off, had to be rescued. | 不知道在哪下车 不得不去人把他带出来 |
[41:32] | Why don’t you go with him? | 为什么你不和他一起去 |
[41:34] | Oh, that wouldn’t be a good idea. | 这可不是好主意 |
[41:35] | More of a hindrance than a help. | 我去了帮不上忙而只会更麻烦 |
[41:37] | I’m sure that’s not true. | 肯定不会 |
[41:38] | I think it is. | 我觉得会 |
[41:41] | I’m afraid I’m not the ideal wife for him. | 恐怕我不是一个贤妻良母 |
[41:44] | I can’t keep up with him. | 我无法时刻照顾他 |
[41:46] | I think you look after him wonderfully well. | 我觉得你把他照顾得很好 |
[41:47] | Do you? That’s very kind of you. | 是吗 谢谢你这么说 |
[41:54] | The point is, he was born for this. | 问题在于他生来就是做大人物的 |
[41:56] | I wasn’t and I have to cope with that somehow. | 而我不是 我必须以某种方式配合他 |
[42:00] | I have to. | 我不得不如此 |
[42:03] | But some days, Charles, | 但总有一天 查尔斯 |
[42:05] | I feel totally and utterly exhausted. | 我会疲惫不堪 |
[42:10] | All right. I’ll talk to Winston. | 好吧 我会和温斯顿谈这件事 |
[42:12] | If it’s helpful for me | 如果我和他一起去美国 |
[42:14] | To go with him to america, then of course I’ll go. | 能帮上忙的话 我肯定会陪他去的 |
[42:19] | And you must take care of yourself. | 你也必须好好照顾自己 |
[42:21] | You need looking after too. | 你也需要有人照顾 |
[42:38] | I’d been discussing the situation with general Marshall. | 我和马歇尔将军讨论了现况 |
[42:41] | He agrees with your recommendation. | 他认同你的建议 |
[42:43] | Our joint strategy should be Europe first. | 咱们的结盟策略应该首先考虑欧洲 |
[42:46] | Good, I’m delighted to hear it. | 太好了 很高兴听您这么说 |
[42:48] | The situation in the pacific is | 太平洋战区的形势 |
[42:50] | Nowhere near as bad as some people think. | 根本不像某些人想象的那么糟糕 |
[42:52] | Singapore is impregnable. An island fortress. | 像新加坡这样的城堡是不会沦陷的 |
[42:55] | I’ve got a first-class general in control of the garrison. | 那里有名一流的将军负责驻守要塞 |
[42:59] | You can rely on Singapore. | 对新加坡可以放心 |
[43:01] | Good. Excellent. | 非常好 |
[43:04] | Now regarding Europe | 就欧洲而言 |
[43:06] | It’s my view we are in no position | 我认为今年之内 |
[43:09] | To even consider an invasion this year. | 我们可不必考虑被入侵的可能 |
[43:11] | – Agreed. – Good man. | -同意 -很好 |
[43:14] | The Russians are very unhappy. | 俄罗斯人很不高兴 |
[43:16] | One understands why, of course | 当然可以理解 |
[43:18] | The red army’s being butchered. | 红军们被宰杀殆尽 |
[43:20] | Stalin desperately needs a second front. | 斯大林迫切需要开辟第二战场 |
[43:23] | I’ve told him “This is impossible. | 我已经告诉他 这不可能 |
[43:25] | We don’t have the men or the equipment.” | 我们既没军队也没武器 |
[43:29] | As you can see, mr. President, | 如您所见 总统先生 |
[43:31] | I have nothing to conceal from you. | 我对你再也没什么好藏了 |
[43:38] | My old schoolmaster, Dr. Peabody, | 我的前校长皮博迪教授告诉我们 |
[43:41] | Taught us that the trend of civilization | 文明的进程 |
[43:43] | – is forever upward. – Let’s hope that’s true. | -永远是上升的 -希望这是真的 |
[43:47] | I think it is. He’s been a great influence | 我认为是 皮博迪教授的教导 |
[43:50] | Throughout my entire life. Dr. peabody. | 对我整个人生的影响很大 |
[43:52] | He once said “To believe is to be strong. | 他曾经说 只有相信才能变得强大 |
[43:56] | Doubt cramps energy. | 怀疑会限制你的能力 |
[43:59] | Belief is power.” | 信仰就是力量 |
[44:04] | My feelings about belief tend to change. | 我对于信仰的看法看来要改变一下了 |
[44:08] | I was very antireligious when I was young. | 我年轻时不相信任何宗教 |
[44:13] | Exposure to danger changed that. | 但九死一生的经历改变了我的想法 |
[44:17] | No matter what my intellect told me, | 在面对敌人的时候 |
[44:20] | I’ve always found myself asking the almighty | 无论我的大脑怎样想 |
[44:23] | For special protection when facing the enemy. | 我总发现自己祈祷得到神的庇佑 |
[44:27] | – A reluctant believer? – Perhaps. | -一个不情愿的信徒 -可能吧 |
[44:32] | But one thing I’m sure of whether you believe or disbelieve, | 但我相信无论你是否相信上帝 |
[44:35] | It is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope. | 带走人们的希望都是一件不道德的事 |
[44:45] | And what do you make of him? | 你对他的看法如何 |
[44:47] | I like him. Mmm. | 我喜欢他 |
[44:50] | But not, I think, as much as he likes me. | 而我想他更喜欢我 |
[45:01] | “…the German and Japanese level. | 德国和日本的水平 |
[45:03] | Anybody likes to play rough, | 如果有人想要撒野 |
[45:05] | We can certainly play rough too. | 我们当然也可以耍混 |
[45:07] | Hitler and his Nazi gang have sown the wind. | 希特勒和纳粹们既然种下恶因 |
[45:10] | Let them reap the whirlwind.” | 就让他们收获恶果 |
[45:13] | Don’t work too late, sir. | 早点睡 先生 |
[45:14] | You need your rest. Busy day tomorrow. | 你需要休息 明天将会很忙 |
[45:17] | “Neither the length of the struggle nor any form of severity | 无论还要抗战多久 无论多么激烈 |
[45:19] | Which it may assume shall make us weary” | 我们都不会退怯 |
[45:22] | – Is there anything else you want? – Where’s the brandy? | -您还需要什么吗 -白兰地放哪了 |
[45:25] | – On the side table. – Very good. | -在茶几上 -很好 |
[45:28] | Not Hine I’m afraid, sir, but passable. | 恐怕不是御鹿白兰地 但还说的过去 |
[45:31] | Bloody awful Martinis before dinner. | 饭前的马提尼就真难喝 |
[45:34] | I can’t imagine why the president likes such a filthy drink. | 总统先生怎么会喜欢这么恶心的酒 |
[45:37] | Each man to his own, sir. I’ll say good night then. | 每人都有自己的爱好 晚安 先生 |
[45:40] | Yes yes, good night. | 好吧 晚安 |
[45:44] | “There will be no haltings | 我们绝不会踌躇 |
[45:46] | Or half measures. | 或采取任何折中政策 |
[45:49] | There will be | 也不会有任何形式的 |
[45:51] | No compromise or parley.” | 妥协以及会谈 |
[45:53] | Yes. | 没错 |
[45:57] | “When I warned the French government | 我曾经提醒过法国政府 |
[45:59] | That Britain would fight on alone | 不论他们是否参战 |
[46:02] | No matter what they did, | 英军都将奋战到底 |
[46:05] | Their generals told their prime minister | 法军的将军们告诉他们的首相 |
[46:08] | And his cabinet. And his cab | 以及他的内阁 他的 |
[46:10] | And his divided cabinet | 四分五裂的内阁 |
[46:12] | And his divided | 他的四分 |
[46:16] | And his divided cabinet | 四分五裂的内阁 |
[46:18] | ‘In three weeks’ | 在三周之内 |
[46:22] | ‘In three weeks, | 在三周之内 |
[46:26] | England will have her neck | 英国就会像小鸡 |
[46:30] | Wrung like a chicken.’ | 一样被拧断脖子 |
[46:32] | Some chicken! | 什么小鸡 |
[46:34] | Some neck! | 什么脖子 |
[46:38] | Some chicken! | 什么小鸡 |
[46:41] | Some neck!” | 什么脖子 |
[46:51] | Oh! | 呃 |
[46:56] | Thompson. Thompson. | 汤姆逊 汤姆逊 |
[46:59] | – What’s the matter, sir? – Fetch the doctor. | -怎么了 阁下 -快去叫医生来 |
[47:03] | – I’m not feeling well. – Right. | -我有点难受 -好的 |
[47:06] | Here we are, sir. All right, all right. | 坐这儿 没事 没事 |
[47:09] | I’ll go fetch the doctor. | 我去请医生 |
[47:23] | – Is he all right? – He’s had a heart attack | -他没事吧 -他心脏病发作了 |
[47:27] | Fairly minor, but a heart attack nevertheless. | 很轻微 但怎么说都是心脏病 |
[47:29] | He should be kept in bed for at least six weeks, | 他至少需要卧床休息六周 |
[47:32] | But that’s impossible. | 但这不可能 |
[47:34] | If the american newspapers got wind of it, | 如果让美国媒体听到风声 |
[47:36] | The whole damn world would be told | 整个世界都会知道 |
[47:37] | Winston’s an invalid with a dicky heart | 温斯顿是个有心脏病的残废 |
[47:39] | And that’d be disastrous. | 那将是个灾难 |
[47:41] | Nobody must hear of this. Nobody. | 别告诉任何人 任何人 |
[47:45] | Not Mrs. Churchill and not even him. | 连丘吉尔夫人和他本人都不能说 |
[48:09] | Speak up. Don’t mumble. | 大声点 别嘟嘟囔囔的 |
[48:11] | This is Mr. Churchill. | 我是丘吉尔 |
[48:13] | I want to speak to the party chairman. | 我要和执政党主席通话 |
[48:15] | Then get ahold of him. Tell him I rang. | 那就派人去告诉他 告诉他我找他 |
[48:18] | I’m in France. He knows the number. | 我现在在法国 他知道我的电话 |
[48:20] | Get him to telephone me here at noon | 让他中午给我打电话 |
[48:22] | Winston? | 温斯顿 |
[48:24] | No, on second thought | 等等 算了 |
[48:25] | I’ll telephone him. | 我再打给他吧 |
[48:27] | Tomorrow, yes. Roughly the same time. | 大概明天的这个时候 |
[48:31] | Winston, are you there? | 温斯顿 你在里面吗 |
[48:33] | Yes, come in. | 是的 进来 |
[48:35] | We’re taking Mary to Biarritz. | 咱们说好带玛丽去比亚里兹的 |
[48:37] | Had you forgotten? | 你忘了吗 |
[48:39] | – No no, of course not. – What are you doing? | -没 当然没忘 -那你现在干吗呢 |
[48:41] | – Nothing. – What do you mean, “nothing”? | -没干什么 -没干什么是干什么呢 |
[48:43] | I could scarcely make it any clearer. | 我说的已经够清楚了 |
[48:46] | I’m sitting here in my room doing nothing. | 我坐在屋子里什么都没干 |
[48:48] | Are you so bored with my company? | 你就这么烦我吗 |
[48:50] | – Clemmie, for heaven’s sake. – And what about mary? | -克莱米 别闹了 -玛丽怎么办 |
[48:53] | She has been so looking forward to spending time with you | 她这么期待和你一起度假 |
[48:55] | And you have scarcely spoken to her. | 而你几乎不理她 |
[48:57] | She seems happy enough. | 她看起来挺高兴的 |
[48:59] | Can’t you try to enjoy this holiday | 你就不能踏踏实实的度假 |
[49:01] | And forget about the election just for a bit? | 把选举的事暂时放一放 |
[49:03] | The answer is no, I can’t. | 答案是不能 我做不到 |
[49:05] | If I sit on the terrace or the beach, | 就算我坐在阳台或者海滩上 |
[49:07] | I sit there thinking about it. | 我脑子里也全是这些 |
[49:10] | At least if I come up here, | 至少我上来 |
[49:12] | Phone party HQ, they can | 党总部打个电话 |
[49:13] | tell me the latest news | 他们可以告诉我最新消息 |
[49:14] | And I can go back to you | 然后我就可以没有隐忧 |
[49:16] | With a clear mind and no hidden anxieties. | 头脑清醒的和你们在一起 |
[49:22] | Nothing is going to happen | 选举结果出来前 |
[49:24] | until the election results are announced. | 什么都不会发生的 |
[49:25] | You know that. There is nothing you can do. | 你知道的 你什么都做不了 |
[49:29] | Yes, I know that, but I don’t feel it. | 我知道 但我不愿承认 |
[49:40] | It may be foolish | 可能这样很傻 |
[49:42] | And I know it’s annoying, | 且我知道这很招人烦 |
[49:46] | But I like to have the illusion I’m in control. | 但我乐意沉浸在一切尽在掌握的幻觉中 |
[49:53] | Haven’t you got a single general who can win battles?! | 你们就没有一个能打胜仗的将军吗 |
[49:57] | This is beyond belief! | 真难以置信 |
[49:59] | I mean, talk about bloody incompetence! | 你们实在太无能了 |
[50:01] | Who is responsible? I told president Roosevelt | 谁来负责 我还对罗斯福总统 |
[50:04] | Singapore was impregnable! | 说新加波不会沦陷 |
[50:06] | It seems the garrison is not as well fortified as we thought. | 看来防御没有我们想象的那么坚固 |
[50:09] | I gave him my word! | 我的话已经说出去了 |
[50:10] | Most of the guns can only fire seaward, | 多数大炮只能向海面发射 |
[50:13] | Which leaves our troops vulnerable to an | 所以北部的防御 |
[50:16] | attack from the north. | 非常脆弱 |
[50:17] | Well, why weren’t we told about this? | 我们怎么早不知道 |
[50:19] | I’m afraid we were misinformed | 我们恐怕是被联合情报委员会 |
[50:21] | by the joint lntelligence committee. | 误导了 |
[50:22] | Bloody hell. You listen to me, general Brooke. | 该死 布鲁克将军 |
[50:26] | I expect every inch of ground to be defended. | 我希望你守住每寸土地 |
[50:29] | This is the key to our imperial strength in southeast asia. | 这是帝国兵力在东南亚的关键 |
[50:34] | Send it out immediately. | 马上下命令 |
[50:35] | There must be no thought of saving the troops | 不惜一切代价 |
[50:36] | Or sparing the population. | 也无须估计平民 |
[50:44] | “I speak to you all | 我很不幸的通知大家 |
[50:46] | Under the shadow of a heavy | 我们刚刚经历了一次 |
[50:49] | And far-reaching military defeat. | 沉重的军事溃败 |
[50:53] | Singapore has fallen. | 新加坡被攻陷了 |
[50:56] | This is one of those moments | 大英帝国的公民们 |
[50:59] | When the british race and nation | 此时此刻该表现出你们的 |
[51:02] | Can show their quality and their genius. | 优秀品质和非凡才能了 |
[51:07] | This is one of those moments | 此时此刻 |
[51:09] | When it can draw from the heart of misfortune | 应从遭受灾祸的心情中汲取 |
[51:14] | The vital impulses of victory. | 战胜敌人的动力 |
[51:18] | Here is a moment to display | 此时此刻应表现出 |
[51:22] | That calm and poise | 冷静 自信 |
[51:25] | Combined with grim determination | 和坚定的决心 |
[51:27] | Which not so long ago | 正是这种决心在不久以前 |
[51:30] | Brought us out of the very jaws of death. | 把我们从生死边缘拉了回来 |
[51:34] | – So far…” – Hear winston last night? | -目前为止 -昨晚听温斯顿的讲话了吗 |
[51:38] | – I did. – Hot air, I thought, didn’t you? | -我听了 -他那是在吹牛 你觉得呢 |
[51:42] | The country’s not in the mood | 国民不会被华丽的辞藻 |
[51:44] | To be fobbed off with fine phrases. | 蒙蔽 |
[51:47] | “Let us move forward, | 让我们坚定团结地 |
[51:49] | Steadfastly together into the storm | 冲入风暴 |
[51:54] | And through the storm.” | 最终走出风暴 |
[51:56] | The prime minister wins debate after debate | 首相大人赢得一轮又一轮辩论 |
[52:00] | And loses battle after battle. | 同时一次又一次的打败仗 |
[52:03] | – Hear, hear! – The country is beginning to say | -快听 -国民开始认为 |
[52:06] | He fights his debates like a war | 他的辩论像战斗一样全力以赴 |
[52:10] | And the war like a debate. | 而战斗却像辩论一样软弱无力 |
[52:13] | What about Dieppe, Winston? | 迪耶普情况如何 温斯顿 |
[52:15] | Have you forgotten what a disaster that was? | 你难道忘了那是多大的一场灾难了吗 |
[52:18] | 4,000 men lost! and Malaya! | 4000人牺牲了 还丢了马来半岛 |
[52:22] | Not a single objective accomplished! | 连最基本目标都没能达成 |
[52:27] | The prime minister is exercising | 首相大人正在 |
[52:29] | A tremendous dictatorship. | 施行可怕的独裁 |
[52:32] | He is the most arrogant | 他目中无人骄傲自大 |
[52:34] | And intolerant member of this house. | 无法忍受这里的同仁 |
[52:37] | He appointed himself minister of defense. | 他任命自己为国防部长 |
[52:40] | The responsibility for the current sad state | 他该为现在悲惨的军事战况 |
[52:44] | Of military affairs is his. | 负全部责任 |
[52:46] | So far as I am concerned, | 在我看来 |
[52:48] | Had I to choose between Hitler | 如果我不得不在希特勒和首相之间 |
[52:51] | and the prime minister, | 做个选择的话 |
[52:52] | I should not know exactly on which the choice had to fall. | 我真不知道究竟该选哪一个了 |
[53:15] | You must stop brooding. | 别再想了 |
[53:18] | – I’m not brooding. – You are. | -我没想 -你有 |
[53:20] | You’re brooding about that wretched debate. | 你还在想那场讨厌的争论 |
[53:23] | Ignore it, Winston. | 别想了 温斯顿 |
[53:25] | Nobody takes them seriously. | 没人在意的 |
[53:26] | It’s left- wing labourite nonsense. | 那是左翼工党在胡说 |
[53:37] | I knew I’d get the blame, | 我知道我应该受到指责 |
[53:39] | And in many ways I deserve it. | 在很多方面 我都应该 |
[53:42] | You once said to me- – do you remember? | 你曾经告诉我 还记得吗 |
[53:46] | When you first became prime minister, | 就在你刚当上首相时 |
[53:48] | “I was born for this.” | 我为此而生 |
[53:51] | You were, Winston. | 你是的 温斯顿 |
[53:57] | Too many disasters. | 太多灾难了 |
[54:08] | I feel I must assure you, Sir, | 我觉得我必须正告你 阁下 |
[54:11] | That if you wish me to hand over my responsibilities | 如果你希望我移交权力 |
[54:13] | To some other person, I would feel, | 给其他的人 我会觉得 |
[54:15] | In many ways, it is the right and proper thing to do. | 从许多方面来讲 这都是正确的 合适的 |
[54:20] | If you’re trying to offer your resignation, | 如果你正在递交辞呈 |
[54:24] | Please don’t. I’d be awfully glad if you didn’t. | 请不要 如果不是 我很高兴 |
[54:28] | The people need you, Winston. | 人民需要你 温斯顿 |
[54:32] | Perhaps, sir. perhaps not. | 或许是 阁下 或许不是 |
[54:35] | Of course they do. | 他们当然需要你 |
[54:37] | So do I. | 我也需要你 |
[54:39] | No. no, you’ll just have to buckle down and- – | 不 不 你只需要全力以赴并且… |
[54:43] | What’s your phrase? | 你的口头禅怎么说来着 |
[54:45] | Keep buggering on. | 老子决不放弃 |
[54:47] | That’s right, sir- – KBO. | 就是 阁下 老子决不放弃 |
[54:50] | Of course the loss of Singapore came as a dreadful shock. | 当然 新加坡失守让人震惊 |
[54:53] | I hadn’t expected it to fall so quickly. | 我没想到会丢的这么快 |
[54:56] | None of us did, Sir. | 没人想到 阁下 |
[54:58] | If our army can’t fight any better than this, | 如果我们军队不能打得比这更好 |
[55:00] | We shall lose the empire. | 我们将失去整个帝国 |
[55:02] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 阁下 |
[55:05] | The situation in the North Atlantic is even more worrying. | 北大西洋的状况更加令人担忧 |
[55:09] | Admiral Donitz and his U- boats are wreaking havoc. | 邓尼茨上将和他的潜艇部队正在大肆进攻 |
[55:15] | Unless we can find a way of protecting our supply convoys, | 除非我们能够找到保护给养舰队的办法 |
[55:18] | We’ll be starved to death. | 否则我们将被饿死 |
[55:21] | KBO, Winston. | 老子决不放弃 温斯顿 |
[55:24] | KBO, sir. | 老子决不放弃 阁下 |
[55:27] | Bloody U- boats. | 见鬼的潜艇舰队 |
[55:31] | Some of the chaps have had a brilliant idea. | 这些德国佬还真聪明 |
[55:33] | – and what’s that? – Icebergs. | -那是什么 -冰山 |
[55:36] | Icebergs? | 冰山 |
[55:38] | We disguise our merchant ships as icebergs. | 我们将商船伪装成了冰山 |
[55:42] | Think of the titanic. | 令人想起了泰坦尼克号 |
[55:44] | Enormous icebergs floating throughout the North Atlantic. | 漂浮在北大西洋上的巨大冰山 |
[55:48] | U- boat commander would look through his periscope | 潜艇指挥官通过潜望镜 |
[55:50] | And see only icebergs. | 看到的只是冰山 |
[55:52] | Icebergs travelling in formation, sir, | 冰山成编队 |
[55:54] | At a steady eight knots? | 还以8哩每小时的稳定速度行驶 |
[55:57] | Yes, well, we’d have to work on the details. | 是 我们还会在具体细节上再努力 |
[56:00] | And with smoke coming out of a funnel? | 还有冒着烟的烟囱 |
[56:03] | Well, think about it. I’m sure it could work. | 想想看 我觉得能行 |
[56:05] | It just needs a little bit of ingenuity. | 只是需要设计的再巧妙些 |
[56:10] | There was something else as well. | 还有其他事情 |
[56:13] | Oh, yes. | 是 |
[56:14] | Yes yes, floating harbors for the invasion of Europe. | 就是入侵欧洲的浮动港问题 |
[56:17] | Isn’t that a little premature, sir? | 是不是考虑的有点太早了 先生 |
[56:20] | We’ve got to think ahead. | 我们最好早点考虑 |
[56:22] | The huns’ll blow everything to buggery. | 这帮德国兵能摧毁一切 |
[56:24] | We need a floating harbor. | 我们需要一个浮动港 |
[56:25] | No invasion can work without a harbor. | 没有海港就没法入侵 |
[56:29] | The Americans think otherwise, but they’re wrong. | 美国人不这么想 但他们错了 |
[56:32] | Eisenhower has no idea how to fight a battle. | 艾森豪威尔不懂得打仗 |
[56:35] | He’s never ever seen active service. | 他从没做过现役军人 |
[56:37] | – Are you off? – Yes, Sir. | -你要走吗 -是 阁下 |
[56:39] | – Best wishes to your wife. – Thank you, sir. | -向你妻子问好 -谢谢 阁下 |
[56:43] | I was thinking of having a long weekend in the country. | 我正考虑去郊区度个长假 |
[56:48] | Would that be all right? | 可以吗 |
[56:52] | A holiday. | 假期 |
[56:55] | Holidays are a peacetime concept. | 假期是和平时期的概念 |
[56:57] | A change is as good as a rest, | 换换工作也是休息 |
[57:00] | And as we’re off to see Joe Stalin next week, | 而且鉴于下周我们要去见乔伊・斯大林 |
[57:02] | I’d advise against the country. | 我建议不要去郊区度假 |
[57:04] | A waste of time. | 浪费时间 |
[57:06] | Yes, sir. good night. | 好吧 阁下 晚安 |
[57:13] | The first thing I did | 我被任命轰炸机指挥官 |
[57:15] | when I was assigned to bomber command | 做的第一件事情就是 |
[57:16] | Was to examine the effect of night raids on Germany. | 检测夜间雷达对德军的侦测效果 |
[57:19] | The results are most discouraging. | 结果非常令人失望 |
[57:21] | It seems our night bombing is so inaccurate | 看来我们的夜间轰炸非常不精确 |
[57:24] | That it’s scarcely doing any damage at all. | 根本没有任何杀伤力 |
[57:26] | Most of the bombs drop on empty fields. | 多数炸弹被投到了空地上 |
[57:29] | We’re killing more cows than Germans. | 炸死的牛比人还多 |
[57:32] | And your solution? | 那你的方案是 |
[57:33] | Either we abandon night bombing altogether | 或者完全放弃夜间轰炸 |
[57:36] | Or the objectives of night bombing should be radically changed. | 或者彻底改变夜间轰炸目标 |
[57:39] | Obviously we can’t give up night bombing, | 显然我们不能放弃夜间轰炸 |
[57:41] | It’s the only thing we can do to hurt Germany. | 这是我们唯一能打击德军的方式 |
[57:43] | We’ve got to show Stalin we’re doing something | 我们必须让斯大林看到 我们正在努力 |
[57:46] | To ease the pressure on the Red Army. | 减少红军的压力 |
[57:47] | – And so…? – At the moment | -那么 -现在 |
[57:49] | We aim our bombs at specific targets | 我们正对指定目标进行轰炸 |
[57:52] | and usually miss them. | 却总是不能命中 |
[57:53] | If we were to drop bombs on a much wider area | 如果我们扩大轰炸区域 |
[57:56] | An area, say, that we knew contained factories, | 比如 这种区域 我们已知有工厂 |
[57:59] | Railway lines, important roads- – | 铁路 重要道路的 |
[58:02] | We’d stand a much greater chance of success. | 我们就会更有胜算 |
[58:04] | Wouldn’t such an area also contain houses- – | 难道这个地区没有 |
[58:07] | Houses for the civilians who work in the factories? | 工厂工人的房屋 |
[58:11] | A certain number of people would be dehoused, it’s true. | 这样许多人将流离失所 毫无疑问 |
[58:14] | – “Dehoused”? – Like the people of Coventry, | -流离失所 -就像在考文垂 |
[58:17] | Portsmouth, the East End. | 朴茨茅斯 伦敦东区的人 |
[58:20] | – That’s a feeble argument, harris. – Feeble? in what way? | -这个提议太不道德 -不道德 从哪方面说 |
[58:24] | You’re talking of the deliberate slaughter | 你这是蓄意谋杀 |
[58:25] | Of civilian men, women and children. | 平民 男人 女人 还有孩子 |
[58:28] | There’s bound to be moral objections. | 这不符合人道主义 |
[58:29] | Well, bugger that, Attlee. | 顾不了那么多 艾德里 |
[58:30] | Everybody used gas in the last war | 最近一次战役各方都使用毒气 |
[58:33] | Without a word of complaint from the some-seeking defeatists. | 而悲观主义者抱怨都没有一句 |
[58:36] | On the other hand, the bombing of open cities | 另外 毫无防备的城市 |
[58:38] | Was regarded as forbidden. Now everybody does it. | 是明令禁止轰炸的 但现在各方都轰炸 |
[58:40] | It’s simply a matter of fashion changing, | 这只是时代不同了而已 |
[58:42] | Like long or short skirts for women. | 就像女人流行长裙或短裙 |
[58:44] | War is war, Attlee. | 战争就是战争 艾德里 |
[58:45] | Let them have it, Harris. | 去做吧 哈里斯 |
[58:47] | Never maltreat the enemy by halves. | 要一击必杀 |
[59:05] | – How do I make it work? – Just switch it on, sir. | -怎么打开它 -拨开关就行 阁下 |
[59:11] | There’s a switch on the back. | 后面有开关 |
[59:14] | – Off. on. – Fuck! | -关 开 -靠 |
[59:28] | Marshal stalin proposes a toast | 斯大林元帅敬酒 |
[59:30] | To the health of his friend Prime Minister Churchill | 祝他的好朋友丘吉尔首相在生日之际 |
[59:34] | On this, his birthday! | 身体健康 |
[59:37] | Prime minister Churchill! | 为丘吉尔首相干杯 |
[59:46] | I’d like to propose to the health | 我敬斯大林元帅 |
[59:48] | Of Marshal Stalin. | 身体健康 |
[59:50] | He will, I know, be ranked amongst | 我认为 他将位列 |
[59:53] | The most illustrious heroes of Russian history. | 俄国历史上最杰出的英雄 |
[59:56] | He has already earned the title | 他已赢得这称号 |
[59:58] | Of “Stalin the great”! | 伟大的斯大林 |
[1:00:00] | Stalin the great! | 为伟大的斯大林干杯 |
[1:00:06] | I also drink to the proletarian masses. | 我也为无产阶级干杯 |
[1:00:11] | The proletarian masses! | 为无产阶级干杯 |
[1:00:16] | Marshall Stalin drinks to the conservative party! | 斯大林元帅要为保守党干杯 |
[1:00:18] | The conservative party! | 为保守党干杯 |
[1:00:20] | To the people of France and French champagne. | 为法国人民和法国香槟干杯 |
[1:00:32] | Marshall stalin drinks to the health | 斯大林元帅为丘吉尔首相男仆 |
[1:00:34] | Of mr. Churchill’s valet. | 的健康干杯 |
[1:00:42] | He is a noble example of the British working man. | 他是英国工人的好榜样 |
[1:00:45] | Churchill’s valet. | 敬丘吉尔的男仆 |
[1:00:54] | I drink to Marshal Stalin. | 我敬斯大林元帅 |
[1:00:58] | How much nicer a man than I thought he’d be. | 他是超乎我想象的一个好人 |
[1:01:02] | Marshall Stalin. | 敬斯大林元帅 |
[1:01:19] | Your invasion of Northern France | 你入侵法国北部的计划 |
[1:01:22] | Should not be delayed. | 不应该被推迟 |
[1:01:23] | The Red Army is suffering heavy losses. | 红军正遭受巨大损失 |
[1:01:27] | We need the support of a second front in Europe. | 我们需要欧洲第二战场的支持 |
[1:01:29] | Marshal Stalin is anxious that operation overlord | 斯大林元帅很担心 |
[1:01:33] | Should not be delayed. | 诺曼底登陆再不能耽搁了 |
[1:01:35] | Marshal Stalin must realize | 斯大林元帅一定知道 |
[1:01:38] | That our forces will not be ready | 到1944年夏天 |
[1:01:40] | Until the summer of 1944. | 我们的军队才能做好准备 |
[1:01:42] | That’s six months away. | 还有6个月的时间 |
[1:01:45] | The situation might change. | 局势会发生改变 |
[1:01:56] | Marshal stalin is not prepared to discuss any delay. | 斯大林元帅不想讨论延期的问题 |
[1:01:59] | There’s no question of a delay. | 延期是肯定的 |
[1:02:04] | The governing factor is the timing put forth by you. | 主要是因为你把它提前了 |
[1:02:08] | Overlord will be launched at the prescribed time. | 诺曼底登陆会按预定时间执行 |
[1:02:14] | This is good. | 很好 |
[1:02:18] | It would be unwise, I think, | 我想 现在就确定一个严格的时间表 |
[1:02:22] | To agree now to such a rigid timetable. | 不是明智之举 |
[1:02:41] | Marshal stalin says the British are afraid of fighting. | 斯大林元帅说 英国人害怕战争 |
[1:02:45] | You should not think the Germans are supermen. | 别以为德国人是超人 |
[1:02:49] | You cannot win a war without fighting. | 战争不可能不战而胜 |
[1:02:52] | We are fighting- – and fighting fiercely- – | 我们在战斗 海陆空 |
[1:02:56] | On land, on the sea and in the air. | 都在惨烈地战斗 |
[1:03:00] | The invasion of France is our topmost priority. | 侵入法国是我们最应该做的 |
[1:03:05] | It will be our stern duty | 竭尽全力 |
[1:03:07] | To hurl every sinew of our strength | 打败德国人 |
[1:03:10] | Against the Germans. | 是我们的紧迫任务 |
[1:03:13] | Bloody man. | 该死的 |
[1:03:15] | I beg your pardon? | 什么 |
[1:03:16] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:03:28] | Thompson. | 汤普逊 |
[1:03:37] | What is it, sir? what do you want? | 什么事 阁下 您要找什么 |
[1:03:38] | I can’t find them anywhere. | 我到处都找不到 |
[1:03:40] | – Can’t find what, sir? – the little red sleeping pills. | -找不到什么 -红色的小安眠药片 |
[1:03:44] | Shall I ask Mr. Dawyers, sir? perhaps he knows where they are. | 要我问下道耶斯先生吗 阁下 他应该知道 |
[1:03:46] | No no, he’ll be asleep. | 不 不 他应该谁睡着了 |
[1:04:02] | Bloody music. | 该死的音乐 |
[1:04:16] | Stay with me, Thompson. | 陪着我 汤普逊 |
[1:04:19] | Certainly, sir. of course. | 好的 阁下 当然 |
[1:04:26] | I’m tired out. | 我累坏了 |
[1:04:29] | Tired in body, Soul and spirit. | 身心俱疲 |
[1:04:33] | Well, you’ve had a very strenuous time, sir. | 您的任务太繁重了 阁下 |
[1:04:36] | All these conferences, all the travelling, | 这么多会议 这么多行程 |
[1:04:39] | It’s an exhausting business. | 是非常累人的 |
[1:04:41] | It is. Do you know how far | 就是 你知道我从战争开始 |
[1:04:44] | I’ve travelled since the war began? | 已经跑了多远吗 |
[1:04:46] | 110,000 miles. | 11万公里 |
[1:04:50] | Somebody worked it out. | 有人算过 |
[1:04:53] | A total of 33 days at sea | 在海上总共33天 |
[1:04:56] | And 14 days in the air. | 天上飞了14天 |
[1:05:00] | Time you took it easy, sir. | 你该放松了 阁下 |
[1:05:08] | Sometimes I think man will destroy man, | 有时我想 人类会毁灭自己 |
[1:05:11] | Wipe out civilization. | 彻底毁掉文明 |
[1:05:15] | Europe will be desolate | 欧洲将变得一片荒凉 |
[1:05:17] | And I shall be held responsible. | 而我应对此负责 |
[1:05:34] | – Thank you. – If there’s anything more, Madam- – | -谢谢 -还需要别的吗 夫人 |
[1:05:35] | No. | 没有了 |
[1:05:44] | Sometimes when he’s asleep | 当他睡着的时候 |
[1:05:46] | You can see what he must’ve looked like | 你会发现 他看起来更像 |
[1:05:48] | When he was a little boy. | 他小时候 |
[1:05:55] | His parents ignored him. Did you know that? | 他父母不在乎他 你知道吗 |
[1:06:00] | He loved them deeply. They ignored him. | 他深爱着他们 可他们不在乎他 |
[1:06:02] | People say he’s a figure from the past, | 人们都说他老朽了 |
[1:06:05] | That the labour party represents the future. | 而工党代表未来 |
[1:06:07] | It seems timeless to me, | 他对英国的热爱 |
[1:06:11] | His love of England. | 对我来说记忆犹新 |
[1:06:14] | It’s an ideal, it’s a vision- – | 那是理想 是前景 |
[1:06:17] | Something he’s determined to protect at all costs. | 他决定不惜一切来保护 |
[1:06:20] | His Camelot. | 是他的圣殿 |
[1:06:23] | Yes, if you like. | 是的 也可以这么说 |
[1:06:25] | Perhaps that England never really existed. | 或许那种英国并不存在 |
[1:06:29] | But if he hadn’t believed in it, | 但如果他没有这种信仰 |
[1:06:32] | He never would have found the strength to win the war. | 他无从得到力量赢得战争 |
[1:06:51] | Afternoon, Harris. | 下午好 哈里斯 |
[1:06:53] | That’s a fine- looking car you’ve got. | 你的车挺好看 |
[1:06:55] | Four and a quarter liter, Vanden Plas body- – | 4.25升发动机 硬金属车体 |
[1:06:58] | Drives like a dream. | 绝对是宝马 |
[1:06:59] | I was on my way home the other evening. | 某个晚上 在我回家的路上 |
[1:07:02] | I got stopped for speeding. | 我因为超速被拦了下来 |
[1:07:04] | “You might’ve killed someone,” said the copper. | 警察说 你会撞死人的 |
[1:07:06] | “My dear young man,” I said, | 我说 亲爱的年青人 |
[1:07:08] | “I kill thousands of people every night.” | 我每晚都杀几千人 |
[1:07:12] | Evening, Pug. | 晚上好 帕格 |
[1:07:13] | Evening. Have a good journey? | 晚上好 一路还好吧 |
[1:07:16] | On D- day minus eight the entire coastal area here | 在D日(入侵法国日)的前八天 这儿的整个海岸 |
[1:07:19] | Will be sealed and all troops confined to their camps. | 将被戒严 所有的部队不准离开营地 |
[1:07:22] | Foreign embassies will not be allowed | 外国大使也不允许 |
[1:07:23] | To communicate with the outside world. | 与外界联系 |
[1:07:25] | Everything is being done to prevent any sort of security breach, | 所作的这一切都是为了避免安全漏洞 |
[1:07:28] | Which would, of course, be catastrophic. | 灾难性的漏洞 |
[1:07:32] | I need to speak to Admiral Cunningham about my accommodation | 我需要和坎宁安上将说一下 |
[1:07:36] | – on HMS Belfast. – Accommodation? | -我在贝尔法斯特巡洋舰上的住处 -住处 |
[1:07:38] | I’ve decided to go with the troops on D- day. | 我决定在D日与部队同去 |
[1:07:41] | – What? – Morale, you see. that’s the thing. | -什么 -鼓舞士气 你明白 就是这样 |
[1:07:45] | Morale up, victory assured. | 士气有了 战争就胜利了 |
[1:07:47] | I’m good at morale. Everybody says so. | 我善于鼓舞士气 大家都这么着说 |
[1:07:49] | – Sir, if I may say so- – – Mind made up. | -先生 如果我可以说 -已经决定了 |
[1:07:51] | Change the subject. | 换个话题 |
[1:07:53] | The prime minister seems determined | 首相看来已经决定 |
[1:07:55] | To go to France with the troops. | 与部队同去法国 |
[1:07:59] | – On d- day? – Yes. | -D日那天 -是的 |
[1:08:05] | Well, I might’ve guessed. | 我早该料到 |
[1:08:06] | Put him anywhere near a dangerous situation | 把他放到最危险的地方 |
[1:08:08] | And you can be absolutely sure | 可以肯定 |
[1:08:09] | He’ll go straight towards it. | 他会毫不犹豫地去 |
[1:08:12] | Thank you for telling me, Jock. | 谢谢你告诉我 卓克 |
[1:08:14] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看我能做些什么 |
[1:08:20] | Prime minister, would you like to come this way? | 首相 请这边走 |
[1:08:22] | Thank you for coming to see me | 谢谢你接到通知 |
[1:08:25] | At such short notice. | 就来见我 |
[1:08:27] | I’ve made an important decision | 我做了一个重要决定 |
[1:08:30] | And I want you to arrange things for me. | 希望你能给我安排一下 |
[1:08:32] | Of course, sir. what can I do? | 当然 我能做些什么 |
[1:08:34] | I think it’s only right that I, | 我认为我做为国王 |
[1:08:36] | as king, | 与我们的军队一起入侵法国 |
[1:08:38] | Should go to France with our invading force… | 是我仅有的权利 |
[1:08:41] | – You mean- – – …on D- day | -您的意思是 -在D日 |
[1:08:44] | With the first wave of troops. | 与先头部队一起 |
[1:08:47] | I shall travel on one of our landing craft with the men. | 我要与他们一起乘登陆艇 |
[1:08:53] | I’m sorry, Sir, but that’s impossible. | 对不起 阁下 那是不可能的 |
[1:08:55] | – Why? – You’d almost certainly be killed. | -为什么 -您极可能会牺牲 |
[1:09:00] | And I have a replacement, Winston. | 我有继承人 温斯顿 |
[1:09:04] | You do not. | 但你没有 |
[1:09:11] | So let’s hear no more about it. hmm? | 所以我们不要再提这个事情了 |
[1:09:58] | That’s it, sir. that’s all there is. | 就这样 先生 就这么多 |
[1:10:04] | Got the buggers on the run now, sir. | 已经把这群混蛋赶跑了 阁下 |
[1:10:07] | Our boys’ll soon be in Berlin. | 我们的人就快进入柏林了 |
[1:10:11] | Tell me, bunny, | 告诉我 邦尼 |
[1:10:14] | Do you believe in life after death? | 你相信人有来世吗 |
[1:10:17] | Life after death, sir? | 来世 阁下 |
[1:10:21] | Well, I suppose I do. | 我认为我信 |
[1:10:27] | I envy you that. | 我羡慕你 |
[1:10:37] | 雅尔塔 里瓦几亚宫 1945年2月4日 | |
[1:10:40] | Ah. There he is. | 他在那儿 |
[1:10:43] | Franklin, my good man, | 富兰克林老弟 |
[1:10:46] | We must have a private talk about the future of Poland. | 我们得单独谈谈波兰的将来 |
[1:10:50] | We can’t do that with Joe Stalin breathing down our necks. | 我们不能受乔伊・斯大林钳制 |
[1:10:53] | – How about lunch? – My dance card’s quite full, I am afraid. | -午餐时间怎么样 -恐怕我没时间 |
[1:10:56] | And, frankly, I have a distant view of the Polish problem. | 坦白说 我对波兰问题有更长远的看法 |
[1:11:00] | I don’t think a conversation with uncle Joe | 我认为与斯大林对话 |
[1:11:04] | Would be advantageous to the long- range prospect for peace. | 不会推进长期的和平前景 |
[1:11:08] | Gentlemen, please be seated. | 先生们 请入座 |
[1:11:10] | Forgive me, Winston. | 对不起 温斯顿 |
[1:11:11] | I have to get myself ready for this damn picture. | 我得准备去照这该死的照片了 |
[1:11:14] | Harry. | 哈里 |
[1:11:24] | We ought to do something. | 我们必须做点什么 |
[1:11:25] | It’s a matter of honor. | 这是一种光荣 |
[1:11:28] | What is? | 什么 |
[1:11:30] | – The polish problem. – Here we go, sir. | -波兰问题 -到这儿来 先生 |
[1:11:33] | People are saying | 民众认为 |
[1:11:34] | we declared war on Germany because they invaded Poland. | 我们对德宣战是因为他们入侵波兰 |
[1:11:37] | We can’t just stand by and watch Russia do the same. | 我们不能坐视俄国的同样行为 |
[1:11:40] | For god’s sake, what do people expect us to do, | 天 人们期望我们怎么做 |
[1:11:43] | start another bloody war? | 再发动一场该死的战争 |
[1:11:59] | Over here, gentlemen. | 看这儿 先生们 |
[1:12:20] | The latest briefing, Sir. | 最新的简报 阁下 |
[1:12:25] | I can’t understand Franklin’s behavior. | 我不懂富兰克林的做法 |
[1:12:28] | Roosevelt and Joe Stalin- – they have the power. | 罗斯福和乔伊・斯大林 他们有能力 |
[1:12:35] | No lover ever studied the whims of his mistress | 我揣摩富兰克林・德拉诺・罗斯福 |
[1:12:39] | More assiduously | 要比揣摩情人的古怪想法 |
[1:12:42] | Than I did those of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. | 还费劲 |
[1:12:52] | It was an air assault without parallel in history. | 这是一次史无前例的空袭 |
[1:12:58] | The target was Dresden. | 目标是德累斯顿 |
[1:13:01] | Terror rained down from the skies. | 恐怖从天而降 |
[1:13:03] | Dresden is now a heap of ruins. | 德累斯顿已成了一片废墟 |
[1:13:06] | It has been smashed to atoms. | 它被彻底摧毁 |
[1:13:12] | Neutral sources report that more than 58,000 people | 中立派报道超过5万8千人 |
[1:13:15] | Lost their lives and 180,000 lost their jobs. | 死亡 18万人失去工作 |
[1:13:19] | That’s nearly a quarter of a million German war workers | 这机会是100万德国战争工人的四分之一 |
[1:13:21] | Less than a week ago. | 不到一周以前 |
[1:13:23] | A brilliant tribute to the allied knights of the air. | 给盟军空军骑士的辉煌颂歌 |
[1:13:37] | War… | 战争 |
[1:13:40] | Which used to be cruel and magnificent, | 曾经残酷又宏伟 |
[1:13:43] | Has now become cruel and squalid. | 现在变得残酷又悲惨 |
[1:13:48] | Once there was a small number | 曾经有少数 |
[1:13:50] | Of well-trained professionals | 接受专业训练的人 |
[1:13:52] | Who championed their country’s cause. | 为了维护祖国的事业而奋斗 |
[1:13:56] | These men, | 这些人 |
[1:13:58] | Brave men, were sustained at every moment | 这些勇敢的人 将在人民的掌声中 |
[1:14:02] | By the applause of their nation. | 永垂不朽 |
[1:14:06] | Now | 现在 |
[1:14:07] | We have entire communities- – | 全世界人民 |
[1:14:10] | Woman and children included- – | 包括女人和孩子 |
[1:14:14] | Pitted against one another | 都在残酷的自我灭绝中 |
[1:14:16] | In brutish mutual extermination, | 互相为战 |
[1:14:19] | With only a set of bleary-eyed clerks | 只剩下一些短视的官员 |
[1:14:22] | Ieft to add up the butchers’ bills. | 计算这场屠杀的伤亡 |
[1:14:38] | I’m sorry, Attlee, you were saying something? | 不好意思 艾德里 你说什么 |
[1:14:41] | I was going to suggest a little discussion- – | 我想提议讨论一个报告 |
[1:14:44] | An item on | 关于 |
[1:14:47] | “the Uthwatt report on town and country planning.” | 关于城乡规划的阿斯瓦特报告 |
[1:14:51] | The what report on what? | 关于什么的什么报告 |
[1:14:53] | – Uthwatt, sir. – Never heard of it. | -阿斯瓦特 阁下 -没听过 |
[1:14:55] | I sent you a memorandum concerning | 我上周发给您了一份 |
[1:14:57] | back- bench reaction last week- – | 普通议员意见的备忘录 |
[1:14:59] | Last week? what happened last week? | 上周 上周怎么了 |
[1:15:03] | I can’t remember last week. isn’t it appalling? | 我不记得了 不可怕吗 |
[1:15:05] | Can’t even remember what I had for breakfast. | 我甚至不记得我早餐吃了什么 |
[1:15:08] | Got a match? | 有火吗 |
[1:15:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:15:12] | When I was a boy, | 我小时候 |
[1:15:15] | When I was at school I had a phenomenal memory. | 上学那会儿记忆力非凡 |
[1:15:18] | Phenomenal. | 很出众 |
[1:15:21] | I got a prize for reciting “the lays of ancient rome,” | 还因为背出了《古罗马方位》受表扬 |
[1:15:25] | Macaulay. | 麦考利 |
[1:15:27] | Mmm, the whole of it. | 全部 |
[1:15:29] | I knew the whole damn thing, word perfect, start to finish. | 我全部记得 漂亮的措辞 从头至尾 |
[1:15:32] | Got a prize for it. | 还得了个奖 |
[1:15:34] | “then out spake brave Horatius, | 而守城主帅贺雷休斯大声说道 |
[1:15:39] | ‘to every man upon this earth | 世间诸人 |
[1:15:41] | Death cometh soon or late. | 终有一死 |
[1:15:44] | And how can man die better | 何匹夫惧险 |
[1:15:47] | Than facing fearful odds, | 甚于惧死 |
[1:15:50] | For the ashes of his fathers, | 以担煌煌之宗庙 |
[1:15:52] | And the temples of his gods?”‘ | 九鼎之社稷 |
[1:16:01] | Well, right. | 好了 |
[1:16:04] | Let’s move on. | 继续 |
[1:16:06] | You were saying, Attlee? | 你说什么 艾德里 |
[1:16:32] | Sorry to waken you, sir! | 不好意思吵醒您 阁下 |
[1:16:34] | Captain bloody Pim! what the hell do you want? | 皮姆队长 你要做什么 |
[1:16:38] | Message from general Eisenhower’s headquarters, sir. | 艾森豪威尔将军总部发来消息 阁下 |
[1:16:41] | The instrument of unconditional surrender | 无条件投降书 |
[1:16:43] | Was signed at 2:41 am this morning. | 已于今凌晨2:41签署 |
[1:16:47] | – The war in europe is over. – Let me see. | -欧洲战事结束了 -我看看 |
[1:16:54] | For five years you’ve brought me | 五年来你从没给我 |
[1:16:57] | Nothing but bad news. | 带过好消息 |
[1:16:59] | With one stroke, you have redeemed yourself. | 你这一次罪过就都赎清了 |
[1:17:39] | Come along, Winston. | 过来 温斯顿 |
[1:18:10] | This is unexpected, | 真是出乎意料 |
[1:18:12] | And I have to say, unwelcome news. | 我的说 这不是好消息 |
[1:18:15] | If I could just explain- – | 请听我解释 |
[1:18:16] | Nothing to explain. you want to disband the national government | 别解释 你想在还没打败日本的时候 |
[1:18:20] | Before we have defeated japan. | 解散这届政府 |
[1:18:22] | I wouldn’t say I want it personally. my party wants it. | 这不是出于我个人的意思 我党希望如此 |
[1:18:25] | Left- wing buggers. | 左翼的混蛋们 |
[1:18:27] | Well, if they want an election, let ’em have it. fuck ’em. | 他们想搞选举就去搞吧 该死 |
[1:18:30] | Not just left- wingers, Winston, as well you know. | 不止是左翼分子 温斯顿 如你所知 |
[1:18:33] | The british people want a different sort of future. | 英国人民想要不一样的未来 |
[1:18:36] | They want full employment they want a proper welfare state. | 他们想要没有失业 想要有适当福利的国家 |
[1:18:39] | And if they want to vote for these things, | 如果他们想投票来得到这些 |
[1:18:41] | Then I think an election should be called. | 我想应该举行选举 |
[1:18:44] | Very well. Do as you please. | 好吧 如你所愿 |
[1:19:02] | Well? | 那个 |
[1:19:03] | Have you read my speech? | 你读了我的演讲稿吗 |
[1:19:05] | I have, yes. | 读了 |
[1:19:09] | And what do you think? | 觉得怎样 |
[1:19:13] | – Not one of your best. – What’s wrong with it? | -你应该写的比这好 -什么问题 |
[1:19:15] | Rather dull, I thought. | 我认为太阴沉 |
[1:19:19] | – Dull? – There’s one bit I don’t like at all. | -阴沉 -有一点我完全不喜欢 |
[1:19:26] | When you talk about the socialists | 你说到社会主义者 |
[1:19:29] | Not allowing free speech | 没有言论自由 |
[1:19:31] | Or “violently- worded expressions of public discontent.” | 不许用激烈的措辞表达公众的不满 |
[1:19:34] | – What’s wrong with that? – “they would have to fall back | -有什么不对 -他们会回到 |
[1:19:36] | On some form of gestapo.” | 盖世太保的时代 |
[1:19:38] | I think it is a huge mistake | 我认为用这样的敏感词语 |
[1:19:40] | to use that particular word. | 是个巨大的错误 |
[1:19:41] | It is the right word in this context. | 在这篇稿子里它正合适 |
[1:19:43] | This is going to be broadcast, Winston. | 这是要广播的 温斯顿 |
[1:19:45] | Thousands of labour party supporters will hear it, | 许多工党的支持者都会听见 |
[1:19:48] | Men and women who have been fighting the nazis | 那些人和盖世太保 |
[1:19:50] | And the gestapo for five years! | 战斗了5年 |
[1:19:52] | This will make them very angry. | 这会让他们愤怒 |
[1:19:54] | Clemmie, I know what this country needs. | 克莱米 我知道这个国家需要什么 |
[1:19:57] | For a start we’re bankrupt- – | 首先我们破产了 |
[1:19:59] | In debt to the tune of $3,000 million | 债务高达3亿磅 |
[1:20:02] | On top of that, there is the threat of communism- – | 更严重的 来自共产主义的威胁 |
[1:20:05] | As big a threat as hitler was in 1940, | 跟1940年来自希特勒的一样严重 |
[1:20:08] | If not worse! | 可能更严重 |
[1:20:09] | The people trusted me then, they’ll trust me now. | 人们那时候相信我 现在也会相信我 |
[1:20:13] | Things are different now. the war has changed everything. | 现在不一样了 战争改变了一切 |
[1:20:16] | Certain things may change, | 有些东西可能变了 |
[1:20:18] | I do not. | 我没有 |
[1:20:21] | That’s the people want | 这就是人们要的 |
[1:20:25] | The strength and security of experienced government. | 有经验的政府的力量和安全 |
[1:20:30] | Thank you for your advice, Clemmie. | 谢谢你的建议 克莱米. |
[1:20:32] | In this instance I shall not heed it. | 基于此 我不会理会 |
[1:20:58] | “my friends I must tell you | 朋友们我得告诉你们 |
[1:21:01] | That a socialist policy is abhorrent | 社会主义政策与英国理念中的自由 |
[1:21:03] | To the british ideas of freedom. | 格格不入 |
[1:21:06] | No socialist government could afford | 没有社会主义政府能允许 |
[1:21:09] | To allow free, sharp or violently- worded expressions | 自由 犀利 和激烈的措辞 |
[1:21:14] | Of public discontent. | 来表达公众的不满 |
[1:21:17] | They would have to fall back on some | 他们会回到 |
[1:21:19] | Form of gestapo- – | 盖世太保的时代 |
[1:21:22] | No doubt very humanely directed- – “ | 当然开始时会以仁慈的方式 |
[1:21:25] | – that’s bollocks! bollocks. -” in the first instance. | -这是胡说八道 -来引诱 |
[1:21:28] | And this would nip opinion in the bud. | 这能扼杀还处于萌芽状态的意见 |
[1:21:31] | Leave these socialist dreamers to their utopias- – | 让社会主义梦想家呆在他们的乌托邦 |
[1:21:35] | Or their nightmares. | 或噩梦里 |
[1:21:37] | Let us make sure that the cottage home | 让我们保证勇士归来的家园 |
[1:21:40] | To which the warrior will return is blessed | 笼罩在 |
[1:21:43] | With modest but solid prosperity, | 朴素但坚实的繁荣里 |
[1:21:47] | Well fenced and guarded against misfortune, | 保卫它远离不幸 |
[1:21:50] | And that britons remain free to plan their lives | 让英国人民始终能为自己 |
[1:21:54] | For themselves | 也为所爱的人 |
[1:21:57] | And for those they love.” | 自由安排生活 |
[1:22:09] | “when I listened to the prime minister’s speech last night, | 昨晚我收听首相的演讲 |
[1:22:13] | In which he gave such a travesty | 其中他歪曲了 |
[1:22:16] | Of the policy of the labour party, | 工党的政策 |
[1:22:19] | I realized at once what was his object. | 我立刻意识到了他的意图 |
[1:22:22] | He feared lest those who had accepted his leadership at war | 他害怕在战时接受他领导的人 |
[1:22:27] | Might be tempted out of gratitude | 会被引诱忘记感恩 |
[1:22:30] | To follow him further. | 而不在继续追随他 |
[1:22:33] | I thank him | 我感谢他 |
[1:22:35] | For having disillusioned them | 让他们这么彻底地 |
[1:22:36] | So thoroughly.” | 对他失望 |
[1:22:49] | Ah, good. there he is. | 他来了 |
[1:22:52] | Where’s mama? | 妈妈呢 |
[1:22:55] | She must have forgotten something. | 她大概忘东西了 |
[1:22:56] | I’ll go and have a look. Clemmie! | 我去看看 克莱米 |
[1:22:59] | Clemmie! | 克莱米 |
[1:23:03] | Clemmie! | 克莱米 |
[1:23:14] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[1:23:15] | I’m just saying goodbye to the view. | 我在跟这风景道别 |
[1:23:17] | It looks lovely this morning. | 今天早上它特别好看 |
[1:23:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:23:26] | Everything’s packed. | 东西都收拾好了 |
[1:23:29] | Everyone’s ready and waiting. | 大家都准备好了在等你 |
[1:23:32] | Right. | 好 |
[1:23:35] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没怎么 |
[1:23:40] | – what is it? – nothing. | -有什么事 -没事 |
[1:23:44] | Tell me, please. | 告诉我 求你了 |
[1:23:51] | I dread going back. | 我害怕回去 |
[1:23:53] | I dread it. | 我怕 |
[1:24:02] | We’ll come again. | 我们会回来的 |
[1:24:04] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:24:06] | We’ll come back next autumn. | 我们明年秋天就回来 |
[1:24:08] | We can go to the Riviera | 我们可以去里维埃拉 |
[1:24:10] | Or Monte Carlo, borrow somebody’s villa. | 或者蒙特卡洛 借一幢别墅 |
[1:24:13] | – Winston. – Or we can come back here. | -温斯顿 -或者我们可以回到这里 |
[1:24:17] | You like it here, don’t you? | 你喜欢这里 对吗 |
[1:24:18] | It doesn’t matter where we go. | 我们去哪儿都行 |
[1:24:20] | Yes. you’re right, it doesn’t. | 是的 没错 |
[1:24:24] | We could stay at Chartwell- – even better. | 我们就呆在查特维尔 更好 |
[1:24:28] | You really don’t understand, do you? | 你真的不明白 是吗 |
[1:24:34] | Another five years in downing street could kill you… | 在唐宁街再干五年你会没命 |
[1:24:36] | Nonsense. I’ve never felt better. | 胡说 我从没感觉这么好过 |
[1:24:41] | …and me. | 我也会 |
[1:24:44] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:24:46] | Are you saying you want me to lose the election? | 你是希望我输掉竞选吗 |
[1:24:49] | No no, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[1:24:51] | – I don’t believe it. – I don’t. | -难以置信 -真不是 |
[1:24:57] | I look into the future | 我想象了将来的样子 |
[1:24:59] | And it frightens me. | 它吓到我了 |
[1:25:18] | Hammersmith south- – labour gain. | 南哈默史密斯 工党胜 |
[1:25:23] | Wigan- – labour gain. | 维根 工党胜 |
[1:25:26] | Leeds south- – labour, no change. | 南利兹 工党胜 |
[1:25:32] | Barrow- in- furness- – labour gain. | 弗尼斯巴罗 工党胜 |
[1:25:38] | Newcastle- under- lyne- – labour gain. | 莱恩纽卡斯尔 工党胜 |
[1:25:44] | Fulham east- – labour gain. | 东富勒姆 工党胜 |
[1:25:48] | I’m dreadfully sorry, sir. | 十分抱歉 阁下 |
[1:25:54] | They’re perfectly entitled to vote as they please. | 他们完全有权利按意愿投票 |
[1:26:00] | This is democracy, after all. | 毕竟这是民主 |
[1:26:04] | That’s what we’ve been fighting for. | 正是我们所一直争取的 |
[1:26:18] | It is my duty, sir, | 阁下 这是我的义务 |
[1:26:20] | Formally to tender my resignation as your minister, | 正式向您辞去首相的职位 |
[1:26:23] | And to advise you to invite mr. Attlee | 并向您推荐艾德里先生 |
[1:26:26] | To form a new government. | 组建新政府 |
[1:26:29] | Thank you, prime minister. | 谢谢 首相先生 |
[1:26:31] | – Please. – Thank you, sir. | -请 -谢谢 阁下 |
[1:26:45] | Winston, I would like you to accept | 温斯顿 我希望你接受 |
[1:26:49] | The order of the garter. | 嘉德勋位 |
[1:26:50] | It is, as you know, | 你知道 |
[1:26:53] | The highest order of chivalry a monarch can bestow. | 这是君主能授予的最高爵位 |
[1:26:59] | Your majesty, | 陛下 |
[1:27:03] | I am deeply honored | 我不甚荣幸 |
[1:27:05] | And very moved, | 倍受鼓舞 |
[1:27:08] | But I must refuse. | 但我必须拒绝 |
[1:27:12] | How can I accept the most noble | 国民已经给了我一个滚蛋勋章 |
[1:27:14] | Order of the garter when the british people | 我怎能接受 |
[1:27:16] | Have given me the order of the boot? | 国王的嘉德勋章 |
[1:27:20] | Well, I shall- – | 我 |
[1:27:22] | I shall miss our- – | 会想念 |
[1:27:25] | Our meetings, our talks. | 我们的会面 谈话 |
[1:27:28] | I feel we have- – | 我觉得 |
[1:27:36] | I feel we’ve become friends. | 我觉得我们已经是朋友了 |
[1:27:39] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 阁下 |
[1:27:41] | I feel that too. | 我也有同感 |
[1:27:48] | Look who’s here, sir. | 阁下 看看谁来了 |
[1:27:51] | Sir! | 阁下 |
[1:27:55] | – Hello, sir. – Ah! Jock! | -您好 阁下 – 卓克 |
[1:27:59] | What a treat! wonderful to see you. | 太棒了 很高兴见到你 |
[1:28:03] | I hope I’m not interrupting. | 希望没打扰您 |
[1:28:05] | No no. I’ve been bidding farewell to the chiefs of staff. | 没有 我已跟首长们道别了 |
[1:28:10] | Never again shall I look out of this window. | 再也不会从这窗户往外望了 |
[1:28:14] | I shall miss it. | 我会想念的 |
[1:28:16] | Scotch, Sawyers. | 威士忌 索耶斯 |
[1:28:17] | Dear old jock! how are you? | 亲爱的卓克 你好吗 |
[1:28:20] | How’s the new prime minister? | 新首相怎么样 |
[1:28:21] | Greatly surprised that he won the election. | 没想到他会当选 |
[1:28:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:28:26] | So was uncle joe stalin. | 乔伊・斯大林大叔也没想到 |
[1:28:28] | He couldn’t understand why we hadn’t fixed the results. | 他不明白为什么我们没有作弊 |
[1:28:34] | Scotch, Sawyers, please. | 威士忌 索耶斯 谢谢 |
[1:28:36] | The car’s coming in a minute, sir. | 车马上就到了 阁下 |
[1:28:39] | All right, all right. | 好 好 |
[1:28:42] | – Where are you going? – Where am I going? | -您要去哪儿 -我要去哪儿 |
[1:28:45] | To the theater. He knows, really. | 去剧场 他知道的 |
[1:28:48] | He’s just being awkward. | 他就是觉得尴尬 |
[1:28:50] | Mrs. Churchill’s taking him to the Noel Coward play. | 丘吉尔夫人要带他去看诺尔・克华德的戏 |
[1:28:53] | – It’s a real treat. – Tell her I’m not going. | -真是种享受 -告诉她我不去 |
[1:28:55] | – Of course you’re going. – I don’t feel like it. | -您当然要去 -我不喜欢 |
[1:28:59] | You’ll enjoy it when you get there. | 去了您就会喜欢了 |
[1:29:06] | I hope you don’t think I’m being disloyal, sir. | 我希望您不会认为我不忠诚 阁下 |
[1:29:09] | “disloyal”? | 不忠诚 |
[1:29:11] | – Working for mr. Attlee. – Of course you’re working for him. | -为艾德里先生工作 -你当然要为他工作 |
[1:29:14] | Private secretary to the prime minister- – that’s your job. | 首相私人秘书 那是你的工作 |
[1:29:19] | Actually, he was very decent about it- – Attlee. | 老实说 艾德里 他很大方 |
[1:29:22] | Said we could stay here until Chartwell was ready. | 他说我们可以在这儿呆到查特维尔收拾好 |
[1:29:25] | I refused- – I hope graciously. | 我拒绝了 我希望体面点 |
[1:29:34] | I think the army was against me. | 我猜军队反对我 |
[1:29:36] | Their votes were cast against me. | 他们的选票都用来反对我了 |
[1:29:40] | Well, I don’t think you can say- – | 我想您不能这样断定 |
[1:29:41] | Sure of it. Sure of it. | 肯定是这样 |
[1:29:43] | I thought I served them well. | 我以为我对他们很好 |
[1:29:48] | I had a letter from Jack Seely, | 杰克・西里给我写了封信 |
[1:29:51] | Secretary of state for war, 1914- – | 他在1914年任国务大臣 |
[1:29:53] | Retired now, of course. | 当然现在退休了 |
[1:29:55] | It was such a darling letter. | 很亲切的一封信 |
[1:30:00] | Very upset about the election. | 对这次选举很失望 |
[1:30:02] | He said it was the end of the world- – | 他说这是世界末日 |
[1:30:04] | Our world. | 我们的世界 |
[1:30:06] | He may be right. | 他也许是对的 |
[1:30:09] | All the things I cherish most | 我最珍视的东西 |
[1:30:11] | Seem to be slipping away- – | 好像都在溜走 |
[1:30:13] | The empire, | 帝国 |
[1:30:15] | Respect for the old order. | 对旧秩序的尊重 |
[1:30:18] | We were at school together, Jack and I. | 我跟杰克是同学 |
[1:30:21] | A genuinely good man. | 他是真正的好人 |
[1:30:23] | I remember seeing him in south africa | 我还记得 布尔战争期间 |
[1:30:27] | During the boer war. | 在南非见到他 |
[1:30:31] | I was a correspondent of “The Morning Post.” | 我那时是晨报的记者 |
[1:30:35] | Dawn- – a beautiful sunrise. | 黎明 日出很漂亮 |
[1:30:38] | I was riding across the veldt on my pony | 我在草原上骑着小马 |
[1:30:42] | And I saw a column of british cavalry approaching. | 看到一队英国骑兵过来了 |
[1:30:45] | And there, alone, | 有一个人 |
[1:30:48] | 20 yards ahead of his men | 在他的士兵前面20码 |
[1:30:51] | Riding a black horse | 骑着一匹黑马 |
[1:30:53] | Was Jack Seely- – | 那就是杰克・西里 |
[1:30:55] | Colonel Seely as he was then. | 那时他还是西里上校 |
[1:30:59] | He seemed to embody all that was magnificent | 他似乎拥有大英帝国 |
[1:31:02] | In british imperial power. | 所有伟大的力量 |
[1:31:09] | I feel very lonely without a war. | 没有战争的时候我很寂寞 |
[1:31:14] | I could live it all over again. | 我可以再经历一次 |
[1:31:17] | The whole war? | 整个战争期间吗 |
[1:31:21] | 1940 | 1940. |
[1:31:22] | Just 1940. | 只是1940 |
[1:31:30] | I’m not in the mood for some idiotic play. | 我没有看那些白痴戏剧的心情 |
[1:31:35] | Why on earth did you suggest it? | 你到底为什么带我来 |
[1:31:38] | Bloody nightmare. | 真是噩梦 |
[1:31:50] | – I’m not going. – What? | -我不去了 -什么 |
[1:31:52] | Tell the driver to take me home. | 告诉司机载我回家 |
[1:31:54] | Please, Clemmie. | 拜托 克莱米. |
[1:31:57] | It was your idea to come to the damn theater. | 是你要来这该死的剧场的 |
[1:31:59] | Tell the driver to take me home. | 告诉司机载我回家 |
[1:32:01] | – You go. – Please don’t. | -你去 -请不要 |
[1:32:04] | Good evening, mrs. Churchill. | 晚上好 丘吉尔夫人 |
[1:32:12] | I can’t go on like this. | 我不能这样下去了 |
[1:32:13] | I can’t | 我不能 |
[1:32:15] | And I won’t. | 我也不会 |
[1:32:30] | Hope you have a pleasant evening, sir. | 祝您晚上愉快 阁下 |
[1:32:36] | What have you been doing lately, | 你最近都干什么了 |
[1:32:38] | – During these last years? – Travelling about a bit. | -最近这几年里 -四处旅行 |
[1:32:41] | I went round the world, you know, after you- – | 我环游了世界 在你 |
[1:32:44] | Yes. yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[1:32:45] | China must be very interesting. | 中国一定很有趣 |
[1:32:47] | Very big, china. | 很大 中国 |
[1:32:49] | And japan? | 日本呢 |
[1:32:51] | Very small. | 很小 |
[1:32:58] | Some day I find you | 某日我看到你 |
[1:33:03] | Moon light behind you | 月光在你身后 |
[1:33:07] | True to the dream I am dreaming | 和我梦里一样 |
[1:33:13] | As I drawing you your smile | 我画着你的笑脸 |
[1:33:18] | That little smile for a little while | 轻轻的微笑 轻轻的微笑 |
[1:34:07] | Ladies and gentlemen, we are very privileged. | 女士们先生们 我们非常荣幸 |
[1:34:09] | With us in the theater tonight | 今晚剧场里坐着 |
[1:34:12] | We have the savior of our nation — | 我们民族的救星 |
[1:34:15] | Winston Churchill. | 温斯顿・丘吉尔 |
[1:34:27] | – bravo! – bravo! | -好啊 -好啊 |
[1:34:36] | Bravo! | 好啊 |
[1:34:47] | – bravo! – bravo! | -好啊 -好啊 |