英文名称:Interiors
年代:1978
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:26] | 《我心深处》 Interiors 1978.我心深处 | |
[02:16] | I had dropped out of law school when I met Eve. | 遇上伊芙的时候 我从司法学校已经退学了 |
[02:19] | She was very beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[02:22] | Very pale, cool in her black dress, | 脸色苍白,在黑大衣下显得很清爽 |
[02:25] | with never anything more than a single strand of pearls. | 只戴着一串珍珠项链 |
[02:29] | And distant. Always poised and distant. | 而且冷漠,总是一副泰然自若的样子 |
[02:35] | By the time the girls were born, it was all so perfect, so ordered. | 等到女孩们都出生了 一切都很完美,井井有条 |
[02:40] | Looking back, of course, it was rigid. | 当然,回头再看,还是捉艰苦的 |
[02:44] | The truth is | 事实上 |
[02:46] | she’d created a world around us that we existed in, | 她创造了一个世界,而我们生活在其中 |
[02:50] | where everything had its place, where there was always a kind of harmony. | 这个世界井然有序,总是显得很和睦 |
[02:56] | Great dignity. | 张显着高贵的气质 |
[02:58] | I will say… it was like an ice palace. | 不过在我看来…那就像是 一个冰雕的宫殿 |
[03:05] | Then suddenly one day, | 然后突然有一天 |
[03:08] | out of nowhere, | 无缘无故 |
[03:11] | an enormous abyss opened up beneath our feet | 在我们的脚下出现了一个巨大的深渊 |
[03:16] | and I was staring into a face I didn’t recognize. | 而我看见了一张陌生的面孔 |
[03:22] | “The basic popularity and appeal of Mao | "毛泽东有着普遍的影响力 |
[03:26] | for so-called American Marxists. “ | 在所谓的美国马克思主义者中间" |
[03:29] | This is supposed to go in the sequence – | 而这应该是随着 |
[03:32] | in under the sequence in reel two about South Africa. | 随着第二卷谈到的南非的事情 之后出现的 |
[03:36] | Um… what we wanna do is get two examples. | 呃…我们会举出两个例子 |
[03:40] | The idea is his style was Marxist-Leninist – Mao’s style – | 他的风格是马克思列宁主义 毛泽东的风格 |
[03:44] | but that he was accessible to the lower classes because of his use of homilies. | 和下层阶级的人民容易亲近是因为 他用的那套说教方法 |
[03:49] | An example is: “The hardest thing is to act properly throughout one’s whole life. “ | 例如:"最难的就是一生 都做适当的事情" |
[03:55] | What the hell does that mean? Or, even worse… | 这到底是什么意思?或者更糟糕的是… |
[04:12] | Eve. I wasn’t expecting you. | 伊芙,你怎么来了? |
[04:15] | – I hope I’m not disturbing you. – No. I just couldn’t imagine who it was. | – 希望我没有打扰你 – 没有,我只是在想会是谁 |
[04:19] | – Is Joey here? Where’s Joey? – In the shower. Can I get you anything? | – 乔依在吗?她在哪儿? – 在洗澡,喝点什么? |
[04:24] | Oh, just some coffee, if you don’t mind. | 噢,不麻烦的话一些咖啡就可以了 |
[04:26] | No, it’s no trouble at all. | 不,不麻烦 |
[04:28] | I think I’ve found a very nice vase for the foyer. | 我找到一个很配门厅的花瓶 |
[04:32] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[04:36] | You’ll probably think it’s an extravagance, but it’s not, all things considered. | 可能你觉得有点奢侈 但并不是这样,整体来看的话 |
[04:42] | These pieces are becoming increasingly rare. | 这些东西变得越来越珍贵 |
[04:48] | Isn’t that exquisite? | 精致吗? |
[04:52] | I hope you like it, because it’s perfect for the foyer. | 希望你会喜欢,因为真的很适合放在门厅 |
[04:55] | We already have a vase in the foyer, Eve. | 伊芙,在门厅已经有一个花瓶了 |
[04:58] | Yes, but this will never look right when we redo the floors. | 是有,不过如果我们重铺地板的话 就不合适了 |
[05:03] | I’ve never understood why they have to be redone. | 我不明白为什么非得 重铺地板不可 |
[05:06] | What? We discussed all that, Michael. Don’t you remember? You agreed. | 你说什么?迈克尔,我们已经讨论过了 你不记得啦?你也答应了 |
[05:11] | It costs money to have these things done and redone two and three times over. | 这些东西重做两三次很费钱 |
[05:17] | But the… It’s such a large floor space. | 不过…房子显得太空旷了 |
[05:20] | We agreed the paler tones would make a more subtle statement. | 我们都同意浅一些的颜色 会让房子看起来好一些 |
[05:24] | Pale woods would be lovely. | 白木会很可爱的 |
[05:25] | I never agreed about anything. I’m always being told. | 我从没同意过什么,总是由你告诉我而已 |
[05:28] | – I wouldn’t put it that way. – How would you put it? | – 我才不会那样 – 那你是怎样的? |
[05:31] | First the living room was finished, then it wasn’t. | 客厅刚弄好,又需要修整 |
[05:34] | Then the bedroom needed more work. Now the floors have to be stripped. | 接下来又得改卧室,现在又要掀地板了 |
[05:37] | – You picked the sofa, then you hated it. – It was a lovely piece. | – 沙发是你选的,然后你又不喜欢 – 沙发很可爱 |
[05:41] | It just was the wrong scale. This is not an exact science. | 但尺寸不对,又没有精确地测量过 |
[05:45] | Sometimes you just have to see it, then you get the feel of it. | 有时候只有先看了之后再感觉 |
[05:51] | – You didn’t like that in the bedroom? – I get better use out of it here. | – 你不喜欢把它放在卧室里吗? – 我觉得不在卧室更好 |
[05:55] | If you utilized it in here, that’s fine. It’s meant to be used, | 如果你要放在这儿,也不错 反正都得用 |
[05:59] | but it was part of what we were doing in the bedroom. | 但是我们本来打算用在卧室里的 |
[06:01] | It’s the shade and the bedspread, they set each other off so nicely. I thought… | 它很窗帘和床单很相配,我觉得… |
[06:07] | – How much is the vase? – They’re asking $400. | – 花瓶多少钱? – 他们要400美元 |
[06:10] | – Give me a break, Eve. – All right, Michael. I’ll return it. | – 伊芙,你就不能让我喘口气 – 好吧,迈克尔,我会把它退了 |
[06:18] | Would you mind closing the window? The street noises are just unnerving. | 你介意把窗户关上吗? 街上的噪音让人觉得烦躁 |
[06:24] | – I hope you aren’t having an argument. – Not at all. | – 我希望你们不会吵架 – 不会的 |
[06:28] | Oh, I love that suit. It’s a unique color. | 噢,那衣服不错,颜色很特别 |
[06:31] | Renata calls it ice grey. | 蕾娜达说这是冰灰色 |
[06:33] | It makes you look very beautiful. Isn’t she beautiful, Michael? | 你穿起来很漂亮,迈克尔,对吧? |
[06:37] | – Very lovely. – I don’t feel lovely. | – 很可爱 – 我不觉得可爱 |
[06:39] | I’ve been running up and down Second Avenue all day. | 我一整天都在第二大道上逛来逛去 |
[06:43] | Oh, wow. Is this for us? It’s exquisite. | 噢,哇,这是给我们的吗?真精致 |
[06:47] | – No. I was just showing it to Michael. – It’s too expensive. | – 不,我只是拿给迈克尔看 – 太贵了 |
[06:50] | Really? Well, that’s too bad. | 是吗?那太糟了 |
[06:56] | – Eve, let’s keep it. – No, no. | – 伊芙,我们留下它 – 不,不用 |
[06:58] | Yeah. It’s very beautiful. We’ll work something out. | 我们留下,很漂亮,我们得好好设计一下 |
[07:01] | No, I was just carried away by it. I don’t know why. | 不,只是看见它很兴奋,也不知道为什么 |
[07:06] | Guess it’s because it’s so unique. But it is an extravagance. | 我想是因为很特别,不过太奢侈了 |
[07:10] | I’ll just look for something along the same lines at a better price. | 我找找看同一种风格,不过价钱合适些的 |
[07:14] | But this really belongs in the bedroom | 不过它真的适合放在卧室里 |
[07:17] | because it’s too insignificant a piece for in here. | 放在这儿太不显眼了 |
[07:21] | The shade is just wrong against all these slick surfaces. | 那颜色和旁边光滑的表面很不配 |
[07:24] | – I’ll put it back. – No. I want to try it in a different spot. | – 我会把它放回去的 – 不,我再试试其它地方 |
[07:29] | I can fix something for you, | 我再给你们挑些东西 |
[07:32] | something more inexpensive. | 一些不太贵的 |
[07:34] | I’ve seen some nice pewters. Um, maybe gunmetal. | 我已经看上了一套白蜡制的 也许是炮铜的 |
[07:38] | And I can make the shade in a smoother fabric, if you prefer. | 若你们喜欢,我能让帘子料子更光滑一些 |
[07:42] | But we should stick with my beiges and my earth tones. | 不过我们应该坚持用米色和褐色 |
[07:47] | – “Beiges and… ” – Stop picking on her. | – "米色和…" – 别责怪她 |
[07:49] | – Nobody’s picking on her. – She’s a sick woman. | – 没人说她 – 她只是得了病 |
[07:56] | – That’s great. – Yes, it’s nice. | – 真不错 – 嗯,挺好的 |
[08:00] | So how do you feel? | 还好吗? |
[08:03] | I’m fine. I’m just a little tired, that’s all. | 没事,只是有点累,就这样 |
[08:06] | – Coffee. – Oh, thank you. | – 喝点咖啡 – 谢谢 |
[08:17] | Oh, I tell you, so many jobs. It’s just exhausting. | 给你说,太多工作了,太累了 |
[08:20] | Yeah, I know. I can’t get over how you sort of jump right in and do it. | 是啊,我知道,我不明白为什么 你能那么投入做那些 |
[08:25] | Well, I like it. I like to be busy. | 我喜欢做,喜欢忙的感觉 |
[08:30] | And I think I can say that my comeback is over the shaky period. Wouldn’t you say? | 我觉得已经从不稳定的时候 熬过来了,你觉得呢? |
[08:36] | I think so. I think your work is better, in fact, than it’s ever been. | 我也觉得是,你的工作好多了 实际上比以前好多了 |
[08:40] | – Do you? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是啊 |
[08:43] | Well, I have to admit that I have received some rather special compliments lately. | 我不得不承认最近听了一些很特别的赞美 |
[08:47] | – Oh, yeah? – Uh-huh. | – 哦,是吗? – 嗯哼 |
[08:50] | Yes. Well, my spirits are high. I’m feeling good about myself. | 我的情绪高涨,自我感觉很好 |
[08:55] | Not to say that I don’t run into an occasional setback, | 不能否认有时会遇到挫折 |
[08:59] | but I haven’t really felt so confident in a long time. | 不过好久没有感觉这么自信了 |
[09:03] | You look better than you have in ages. | 你看起来好多了 |
[09:07] | Oh. Have you talked to Dad lately? | 噢,最近和爸爸说过话吗? |
[09:10] | No. He’s still in Greece. | 没有,他还在希腊 |
[09:12] | When he comes back, I hope you’ll corroborate the state of my wellbeing. | 他回来的时候,你得向他保证 我很好 |
[09:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:19] | I’ve pulled myself together in a way that he never thought possible. | 我已经朝他觉得不可能的方向努力了 |
[09:23] | – I mean, you’re really impressive. – Oh… | – 我觉得你真的很棒 – 噢… |
[09:27] | Well, maybe a reconciliation could finally be discussed. | 也许最后得讨论一下和解的问题 |
[09:31] | Think so? | 你觉得呢? |
[09:33] | Well, it hasn’t been that much time. | 不过没那么多的时间 |
[09:37] | I really don’t… I don’t know. | 我真的不…不知道 |
[09:46] | – Why are you always so negative? – I don’t think that was negative. | – 为什么你总是这么消极? – 我不觉得这是消极 |
[09:50] | Oh, you’re always reluctant to encourage me. I don’t know why. | 噢,你总是不愿意鼓励我 我不知道是为什么 |
[09:55] | Mother, I know that you’re optimistic, but it’s important for you to be realistic, too. | 妈妈,我知道你很乐观 但你也必须现实点儿 |
[09:59] | – Is there something you’re not saying? – No. | – 你还准备说什么? – 没什么 |
[10:02] | Dr. Lobel doesn’t think it’s unrealistic | 洛贝尔医生认为你爸爸 |
[10:04] | to hope that your father and I might reconcile. It’s just a goal. | 和我和解不是不现实的,只是一个目标 |
[10:09] | Fine. I didn’t say anything to get in the way of that. | 好吧,我不会再说什么丧气的话了 |
[10:15] | You always make it sound as though it’s impossible. | 你总是让人听起来 好像是不可能的事 |
[10:18] | – I didn’t say it was impossible. – Yes, you did. You imply that a lot. | – 我没有说不可能 – 你说了,你暗示了很多 |
[10:24] | Renata thinks it’s going to happen. | 蕾娜达就觉得我们会和解 |
[10:27] | – I’m sure she didn’t say that. – She did. She implied that. | – 我敢肯定她不会那么说 – 她说了,她含蓄地表达过 |
[10:30] | – Maybe you read into it. – No. She just looks on the bright side. | – 可能是你误解了 – 不,她只会往好的方面看 |
[10:34] | Oh, great. That’s wonderful. I just don’t think you should delude yourself either. | 哦,真好,太棒了,我只是认为 你不应该骗自己 |
[10:38] | So there’s no chance your father will want to live with me? | 所以你父亲没希望 再想和我住一起咯? |
[10:42] | – I didn’t say that. – Renata thinks there’s a good chance. | – 我没那么说 – 蕾娜达认为会有机会的 |
[10:45] | – Just wait and see. – You just refuse to encourage me. | – 等着看吧 – 你就是不愿意鼓励我 |
[10:48] | – Why don’t you discuss it with Renata? – I will, thank you. I will. | – 为什么你不和蕾娜达讨论这个呢? – 我会的,谢谢你提醒,我会的 |
[11:24] | Mother paced all the time. | 妈妈一直在走来走去 |
[11:27] | She… | 她… |
[11:37] | Um… | 呃… |
[11:40] | She was an insomniac. | 她患失眠症 |
[11:42] | You could, um… always hear her upstairs | 你总能,呃…听见她上楼 |
[11:48] | pacing in the middle of the night. | 半夜起来踱步 |
[11:50] | But that was more when she… got back from the hospital. | 不过她从医院回来之后,次数更多了 |
[12:01] | I, uh… | 我,呃… |
[12:04] | I saw her… | 我看见她… |
[12:07] | the first day that they brought her back. Um… | 第一天他们带她回来的时候,呃… |
[12:11] | She’d had all this… | 她得承受… |
[12:14] | electric shock therapy and… her hair looked grey. | 电击疗法,而且…她的头发变成灰白色 |
[12:18] | And I couldn’t believe it. It was… It was like… | 我简直不敢相信,就像…就像… |
[12:24] | she was a stranger. | 她是一个陌生人 |
[12:29] | After that, she was always sort of, um… | 那之后,她总是… |
[12:32] | coming in and… going out. | 进来,然后…出去 |
[12:37] | I guess you… | 我想你… |
[12:40] | you never knew. | 你绝不会知道 |
[12:46] | Before her breakdown, she was very successful. She was very demanding. | 她神经衰弱之前,是个很成功的女人 她的要求一向很高 |
[12:50] | She, uh… | 她,呃… |
[12:52] | she put Dad through law school and financed the start of his practice. | 她供父亲读完司法学校,还资助他 开始事业的第一步 |
[12:56] | So in a sense, it was like he was her creation. | 所以从某种意义来说,他就像是 她创造出来的一样 |
[13:03] | We kept getting shuffled around to aunts and cousins. | 我们一直在姑姑和表兄妹间 被推来推去 |
[13:06] | And I guess Joey had the worst of it, cos… | 我想乔依最惨,因为… |
[13:12] | As a kid, Joey was very high-strung. She was a bright kid, you know? She… | 她小的时候很容易紧张 她很聪明,你知道吗?她… |
[13:17] | She was very sensitive. | 她很敏感 |
[13:20] | We’d spend some time with Dad, mostly long Sunday breakfasts. | 我们有时候和父亲在一起 大多是一起吃周日的早餐 |
[13:24] | I always resented his relationship to her. I always felt that he favored Joey. | 我总是嫉妒父亲和她的关系 我总觉得他偏爱乔依 |
[13:30] | It just seemed that they were very close and that I was left out. | 看起来好象他俩很亲密而我被排除在外 |
[13:34] | I like Frederick. | 我喜欢弗雷德里克 |
[13:37] | He has dignity… and promise as a writer. | 他很高贵…而且说一定会成为作家 |
[13:42] | My own strength is visual. | 我的实力是显而易见的 |
[13:45] | Your images are visual, Renata. | 蕾娜达,你的形象很耀眼 |
[13:49] | And in all candor, | 坦白说 |
[13:51] | I much prefer Frederick to Mike. | 相对于迈克来说我更喜欢 弗雷德里克 |
[13:53] | Mike’s fine, Mother. | 迈克很好,妈妈 |
[13:55] | Well, he uses a very strong aftershave. | 他老是用味道很浓的须后水 |
[13:58] | – It permeates the house. – I don’t wanna talk about it. | – 弄得整个屋子都是 – 我不想谈那个 |
[14:03] | Do you think that if I bought him another kind of cologne he would switch? | 你觉得如果我给 他另外一种古龙水他会换吗? |
[14:06] | – Can we talk about something else? – Well, let me give him some. | – 我们能谈点别的吗? – 好吧,我得送给他些 |
[14:11] | Then we won’t have to talk about it. It’ll just be my gift. | 那么我们就不用再谈了 算是我送他的礼物 |
[14:15] | Could we please talk about something else? | 我们能不能谈点其它事情? |
[14:17] | Look, I wanna say something. I’m gonna be very direct. | 这样,我来说,我会直接说 |
[14:21] | I think the occasion calls for it. | 我觉得是时候该说了 |
[14:25] | I’ve done a lot of thinking about this matter | 这个问题我已经想了很久了 |
[14:29] | and a great deal of soul-searching. | 而且反省了很多次 |
[14:33] | Now that the girls are all on their own, I feel that for my own self | 既然孩子们都独立了 我觉得我也该过自己的生活了 |
[14:38] | I must come to this decision, | 我不得不作这个决定 |
[14:41] | though I don’t take it lightly. | 而且我很慎重得考虑了 |
[14:45] | I feel I’ve been a dedicated husband and a responsible father, | 我认为自己是个尽职的丈夫 一个负责的父亲 |
[14:50] | and I haven’t regretted anything I’ve been called upon to do. | 对要求我做的一切我 并不觉得后海 |
[14:55] | Now I feel I want to be by myself for a while. | 现在我觉得该自己过段时间了 |
[15:03] | And consequently, I’ve decided to move out of the house. | 所以,我决定搬出这个房子 |
[15:07] | I don’t know how I’ll feel about it when I finally do it, and it’s not irrevocable, | 我不知道最后搬出去的时候感觉 是什么,而且也不是不可改变的 |
[15:12] | but I feel it’s something I have to try. | 不过我觉得我一定得试试 |
[15:17] | Now, as I say, it’s not an irrevocable situation. | 就像我说的,这不是不可改变的 |
[15:22] | It’s a separation. | 只是分开一段时间 |
[15:24] | It may be for the best. It may not. | 可能是最好的方法,也可能不是 |
[15:30] | But I wanted to lay it on the table so that everything is open | 但我想在饭桌上说出来 这样事情都很公开 |
[15:34] | and as direct as possible. | 也尽量地直接 |
[15:49] | Will you please not breathe so hard? | 你能不能别那么重地吸气? |
[15:58] | – I’ll move out. – What does that mean? | – 我要搬出去 – 是什么意思? |
[16:01] | – I don’t want to live in this house. – Eve, think about it. | – 我不想住在这个房子里了 – 伊芙,你考虑一下 |
[16:06] | – I’ll move out! – Look, it’s not irrevocable. | – 我要搬出去! – 瞧,这不是无法挽回的 |
[16:09] | It’s a trial separation. | 只是试着分开一下 |
[16:12] | I can’t be alone. | 我不能单独过 |
[16:16] | – Eve… – I don’t wanna discuss the details now. | – 伊芙… – 现在我不想讨论细节 |
[16:23] | It’s a very bad time for me. | 对我很难熬 |
[16:35] | My impotence set in a year ago. | 一年前我就开始衰弱 |
[16:41] | My paralysis. | 就开始瘫痪 |
[16:45] | I suddenly found I couldn’t write any more. | 我突然觉得自己不能再写作了 |
[16:48] | Rather, I shouldn’t say suddenly. Actually, it started happening last winter. | 也许我不该说突然 确切说是从上个冬天开始的 |
[16:58] | Increasing thoughts about death just seemed to come over me. | 好象我越来越多的时间 开始考虑死亡 |
[17:02] | Um, these, uh… | 呃,就是… |
[17:08] | A preoccupation with my own mortality. | 提前想到自己的死亡问题 |
[17:13] | These… feelings of futility in relation to my work. | 觉得…工作很无意义 |
[17:17] | I mean, just what am I striving to create anyway? | 我是说,我到底在努力创造什么呢? |
[17:21] | I mean, to what end? For what purpose, what goal? | 我是说,是什么目的? 打算怎样?有什么目标? |
[17:27] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[17:31] | Do I really care if a handful of my poems are read after I’m gone? | 我真的在乎死之后有人 读我的诗歌吗? |
[17:35] | Is that supposed to be some sort of compensation? | 那样算是一种补偿吗? |
[17:40] | I used to think it was, | 过去我认为是… |
[17:42] | but… | 不过… |
[17:47] | now, for some reason… | 现在,由于某些缘故… |
[17:52] | I can’t… I can’t seem to… | 我不能…好象不能 |
[18:00] | I can’t seem to shake the real implication of dying. | 改变快死去的真正寓意 |
[18:06] | It’s terrifying. | 很可怕 |
[18:16] | The intimacy of it embarrasses me. | 它的奥妙让我很烦嘀 |
[18:26] | What’s the matter? You still thinking about your mother? | 怎么了?你还在想你的妈妈吗? |
[18:29] | I can’t believe Renata encourages her. She fills her full of false hope. | 真不敢相信蕾娜达居然鼓励她 给她灌输错误的希望 |
[18:34] | She’s just trying to keep her spirits up. | 她只是想让她精神振奋 |
[18:42] | I wanna quit my job. | 我想辞职 |
[18:45] | Oh, Joey! | 噢,乔依! |
[18:47] | I can’t keep my mind on it. I can’t concentrate. | 我没法专心,没法集中精神 |
[18:50] | I sit there all day, reading other people’s manuscripts, and I lose interest. | 我整天坐在那儿,看别人的稿子 我失去兴趣了 |
[18:55] | I get headaches. Then I’m meant to write an opinion. It’s not fair to the authors. | 我很头疼,而我还得写一些看法 对作者来说并不公平 |
[19:00] | A month ago you said you finally found something you enjoyed. | 一个月前你说你终于 找到感兴趣的了 |
[19:04] | Well, I was wrong. | 是啊,可我错了 |
[19:06] | I think about going back to acting. | 我想过回去演戏 |
[19:10] | I’m not an actress. | 可我不是个演员 |
[19:12] | Can’t do that again. Flyn’s the actress in this family. | 不能再做那个了 有芙琳一个演员就够了 |
[19:17] | Why don’t you work with me? | 为什么你不和我一起工作? |
[19:20] | Because political activity is not my interest. | 因为我对政治活动不感兴趣 |
[19:24] | I’m too self-centered for that. | 我太以自我为中心了 |
[19:26] | That’s my whole point. It would get you off yourself. | 那就是我要说的 那会让你变得不像自己 |
[19:29] | Sometimes I think if we had a child… | 有时我想若我们有个孩子… |
[19:33] | Oh, God. | 噢,老天 |
[19:36] | I mean, that really makes me anxious. I mean… it’s totally irrevocable. | 我觉得,那真让我紧张 我是说…完全不能改变 |
[19:43] | Whatever happened to your photography? You used to be so hot on that. | 摄影呢?过去你很喜欢那个 |
[19:48] | I hate it. It’s stupid. | 我讨厌那个,真愚蠢 |
[19:51] | I feel a real need to express something | 我觉得我很需要表达一些东西 |
[19:53] | but I don’t know what it is I want to express or how to express it. | 不过我不知道我想表达什么 或者是怎样表达 |
[20:02] | It’s always so difficult getting Mother a birthday present. It’s impossible. | 给妈妈选生日礼物总是很难 简直不可能 |
[20:12] | Oh, come on, Frederick. Really, I hardly ever see Mother. | 噢,弗雷德里克,别这样 我很难见到妈妈 |
[20:16] | I hardly ever spend time with her at all. | 实际上我很难和她呆一会儿 |
[20:18] | It won’t be so terrible. Flyn will be there. | 没那么糟糕,芙琳会在那儿的 |
[20:21] | Terrific. We get caught up on the latest Hollywood gossip. | 真恐怖,我们得陷入最新的 好莱坞八卦了 |
[20:24] | Oh, come on, Frederick. You know Flyn likes you. | 嗅,弗雷德里克,你知道芙琳喜欢你 |
[20:28] | And don’t behave condescendingly. I think she senses you talk down to her. | 别表现得像是屈草四似的,我认为 她会感觉你屈身向她说话 |
[20:31] | I don’t talk down to Flyn. I love hearing about her hair and her weight | 我没屈身跟她谈话,我喜欢听到 关于她头发和体重的报道 |
[20:35] | and the latest piece of TV junk she’s done. | 还有她最新做的烂电视节目 |
[20:38] | Well, that’s her life. | 好了,那是她的生活 |
[20:41] | And anyway, you have to admit she is a sexy little girl. | 不管怎样,你得承认她是个 性感的小姑娘 |
[20:44] | No. Flyn is the opposite of sexy. | 不,芙琳是性感的反面 |
[20:47] | Hey, what about a scarf? | 嘿,围巾怎么样? |
[20:49] | Flyn suffers from the same thing my last book suffered from. | 芙琳面临的问题和我的上一本书一样 |
[20:53] | She’s a perfect example of form without any content. | 是个很好的只有形式没有内容的例子 |
[20:58] | That’s very profound. And you haven’t even started drinking yet. | 真是深刻,而你还没开始喝酒呢 |
[21:03] | I am profound. But I’m not the award-winning writer. | 我是很深刻,不过不是可以 得奖的作家 |
[21:06] | You’re supposed to be giving me insights into sex and other phenomena. | 你应该给我一些关于性和其它 现象的见解 |
[21:12] | – Really. – Really? C’mon, let’s go. Frederick. | – 真的 – 是吗?走吧 |
[21:17] | You look fabulous, Mother. But the main thing is that you’re feeling well. | 你看起来真令人难以置信 妈妈,不过最主要的是你感觉很好 |
[21:22] | – Yes, but I tire so easily. – Can I help with something? | – 是的,不过我很容易就感到疲倦 – 我能帮上忙吗? |
[21:26] | Joey says you’re thinking about taking on some decorating projects. | 乔依说你正想着 接一些装饰的项目 |
[21:31] | Yes. Joey pushes me. But I’m not going to accept anything | 是的,乔依希望我做 不过我不会接任何工作 |
[21:36] | until I’m sure I can maintain the level that I expect of myself. | 除非我确定自己保持所期望 的那个水平 |
[21:42] | Mother, I can’t believe this view. It’s just beautiful. | 妈妈,我真不敢相信看到的,太美了 |
[21:46] | I’m getting used to it. | 我已经习惯了 |
[21:49] | I miss the sea. | 我想念大海 |
[21:51] | I can’t get over how sexy Flyn got. | 芙琳真性感 |
[21:54] | Yeah. She looks beautiful, doesn’t she? | 是啊,她很漂亮,不是吗? |
[21:57] | – Your new film is in Arizona? – No. It’s in Denver. | – 你的新电影是在亚利桑那州吗? – 不,是在丹佛 |
[22:01] | I leave tomorrow. I have to be ready to shoot on Monday. | 我明天就走,得在周一开拍 |
[22:05] | I have so many lines to learn. But it’s just a television movie. | 我还有好多台词要背,不过 只是个小电影罢了 |
[22:09] | – Did you speak to Dad? – Yeah. I’ve spoken to him on the phone. | – 你和爸通过话吗? – 通过,跟他打过电话 |
[22:14] | – Did he mention anything? – He said he visits you. | – 他提到什么了吗? – 他说他去看过你 |
[22:19] | Just now and then. | 只是偶尔 |
[22:27] | Mom? | 妈? |
[22:29] | Nothing to live for any more. | 没什么盼头了 |
[22:31] | – Don’t say that. – It’s true. | – 别那么说 – 是真的 |
[22:34] | You know that’s not true. Mother, look… It’s all right, Mom. | 你知道那不是真的,妈,看… 一切都很好 |
[22:37] | – What’s the matter? – Nothing. She’s fine. | – 怎么了? – 没什么,她很好 |
[22:41] | Mom, it’s a trial separation. | 妈,只是试着分开而已 |
[22:43] | Of course it is. We’ve been through this before. Everything’ll work out. | 当然是这样,我们已经熬过来了 一切都可以解决 |
[22:47] | Renata. | 蕾娜达 |
[22:52] | – It’s her birthday, let her enjoy it. – I don’t think that’s exactly the right way. | – 今天是她生日,让她高兴些 – 我不觉得那是正确的方法 |
[22:59] | – Ah! – You like it? | – 啊! – 你喜欢吗? |
[23:02] | Oh, now, that’s lovely. That’s lovely. | 嗅,真可爱,真可爱 |
[23:04] | – That’s pretty. – It’s exactly like yours. | – 很漂亮 – 正好配你 |
[23:07] | Very nice. Thanks. | 很不错,谢谢 |
[23:09] | – Lovely. – I’m so glad. | – 很可爱 – 我很高兴 |
[23:11] | I hope it fits. I think… I’m pretty positive it will. | 我希望它合适,我想… 我肯定会合适的 |
[23:15] | Frederick has finished what I’ve already told him is his best work by far. | 弗雷德里克已经完成迄今为止最好的 作品了,就像我说的 |
[23:19] | – That’s what you said about the last one. – But I really feel that this one comes off. | – 上一次你也那么说 – 不过我真觉得这个会成功 |
[23:24] | – It’s terribly concise… – You said the same thing. Concise. Spare. | – 特别得简明… – 你说一样的词,简明,精练 |
[23:30] | – Well… – You couldn’t think of anything you liked, | – 其实… – 你不能想到任何你喜欢的东西 |
[23:33] | so you had to call it something. Concise. Spare. Pithy. Lean. | 所以你得有个叫法 简明,精练,简洁,精简 |
[23:38] | OK. Well, you just can’t handle a compliment, that’s all. | 好吧,你只是不知道怎么 应付赞美罢了 |
[23:41] | Guess I can’t. | 可能吧 |
[23:44] | – We gotta go. – We hardly had any chance to speak. | – 我们得走了 – 我们还没什么机会讲话呢 |
[23:47] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:50] | So how are you doing? You seem… You look OK. | 那你怎么样? 你看起来…还不错 |
[23:54] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[23:56] | I read something of yours in a magazine. New Yorker, I think. | 我看到杂志上你写的,我想是,纽约人 |
[23:59] | Poem called “Wondering”. | 诗的名字是"诧异中" |
[24:02] | – It was very beautiful. – It’s an old poem. | – 很美的诗 – 是古老的诗了 |
[24:06] | I redid it. And now when I reread it, I find it much too ambiguous. | 我修改了一下,现在我重新读时 觉得更模糊了 |
[24:11] | Nah. I may redo it again. | 不,我得再修改一下 |
[24:14] | We’re starting our drive back. Can we drop you someplace? | 我们正要开车回去,要载你一程吗? |
[24:19] | I have to catch a plane really early tomorrow morning. | 明天特别早我得搭飞机 |
[24:22] | Oh, right. I heard you’re shooting a movie in the cold Rocky Mountains of Colorado. | 噢,这样啊,我听说你正在寒冷的科罗拉多 落基山拍戏 |
[24:28] | Couldn’t be some place like Acapulco. That’s my idea of fantasy. | 就不能在像阿尔普尔科的地方吗 像是我作白日梦 |
[24:32] | Lie around on the beach. Get waited on hand and foot. | 躺在沙滩上,等着被从头到脚服侍 |
[24:36] | Really? I can’t take Mexico. I always think I’ll get shot just walking down the street. | 是吗?我可受不了墨西哥 总觉得走在街上就会被枪杀 |
[24:41] | What was that? | 是谁啊? |
[24:48] | “Happy birthday. Love, Arthur. “ | "生日快乐,爱你的,亚桑" |
[24:50] | They’re beautiful. | 可真漂亮 |
[24:53] | I like white roses better than any other flower on earth. | 这世上我最喜欢的就是白玫瑰 |
[24:56] | There you are. I knew he wouldn’t forget. | 你在这儿啊,我知道他不会忘的 |
[24:59] | Mom. And you were worried? | 妈,你在担心吗? |
[25:02] | They’re a good sign. Don’t you think? | 这是好预兆,你觉得呢? |
[25:11] | Well? Are you getting dressed or what? | 怎样?你在穿衣服还是干吗? |
[25:17] | Frederick, are you talking to me? | 弗雷德里克,你在听我说吗? |
[25:20] | We said everything. | 我总是听着的 |
[25:22] | Don’t blame me. I’ve been nothing but understanding. | 别责备我,我只能理解你 |
[25:26] | – You don’t help by patronizing me. – I wasn’t. | – 你的资助并不能帮我 – 我没有资助你 |
[25:29] | Your work is great. Who cares what the critics think? | 你的工作很伟大,谁在乎 那些评论家说什么啊? |
[25:32] | That’s easy for you to say. You get encouragement. You’re their little darling. | 说得容易,你得到鼓励了 你是他们亲爱的宝贝 |
[25:38] | They’re lenient with me, obviously, because I’m a woman. | 他们对我很仁慈 显然因为我是个女人 |
[25:42] | No. | 不是的 |
[25:45] | – It’s because you’re so damn good. – So are you. | – 是因为你真的很出色 – 你也是啊 |
[25:48] | The book didn’t get the response it deserved. | 书没有得到它应该得到的回应 |
[25:50] | I hate to tell you how often they’ve missed the boat. | 我得说他们总错过最好的 |
[25:53] | Stop lying to me. I count on you for honesty, not flattery. | 别撒谎,我希望你诚实,而不是奉承 |
[25:56] | I’m not lying. I’m not lying. And who cares what anybody thinks? | 我没撒谎,我没说谎话 谁在乎别人怎么想呢? |
[26:00] | They think what I think. My work once showed promise and I haven’t delivered. | 他们在想我怎么想,我承诺过 可是没有实现 |
[26:05] | Your work’s not fashionable. You should be thankful for that, for God’s sakes. | 你的工作不是时下流行的,你应该 觉得感激,看在上帝的份上 |
[26:09] | What are you after? The superficial acclaim | 你追逐的是什么呢? 是肤浅的评论 |
[26:11] | of some little book reviewer in some room somewhere? | 出自某个房间的小书籍评论员吗? |
[26:15] | We’ve always talked about fine work that means something in the long run. | 我们谈的是好的作品 意味着能有很长的路走 |
[26:20] | I don’t care about fine work! | 我不在乎什么好作品! |
[26:22] | I don’t wanna wait 25 years. I wanna be able to knock somebody over now! | 我不想等25年,我想现在就让别人震惊 |
[26:26] | They’re stricter with you because you attempt more. They refuse to take that… | 他们对你更严格因为你尝试得 更多,他们拒绝… |
[26:31] | Stop looking for excuses, all right? I’m not writing for a time capsule. | 别找理由了,好吗? 我不想写什么时代文物 |
[26:35] | And half the stuff that’s written, it’s garbage, they praise sky-high. | 而写的一半东西都是垃圾 他们还称赞到天上去了 |
[26:55] | The baby-sitter will be here in a minute. | 保姆马上来 |
[26:57] | – I told you, I’m not going. – We can’t not go. What is the matter? | – 我给你说过了,我不去 – 我们不能不去,怎么了? |
[27:02] | I’m not in the mood for your lesbian friends | 我现在没心情见你那些女同性恋朋友 |
[27:04] | and a lot of vacuous gossip about New York poetesses. | 还有关于纽约女诗人的无聊的评论 |
[27:07] | Will you stop pitying yourself so much? I’m going. | 你能不能别自冷了?我要走了 |
[27:10] | Look, why can’t you just once in a while consider my feelings and my needs? | 瞧,你怎么不能有一次 体惊一下我的感受,我的需要呢? |
[27:14] | I’m sick of your needs! I’m tired of your idiosyncrasy and competitiveness. | 我受够你的需要了,我对你的特异性格 和好斗厌倦了 |
[27:18] | I have my own problems! | 我也有自己的问题 |
[27:22] | There’ll be chitchat about the nature of poetry, | 又要有关于诗性的谈论 |
[27:25] | your symbolism, your contribution to whatever. | 还有你的象征主义,你对什么 什么的贡献 |
[27:28] | We never see Marion and Gail. I don’t understand. You used to like them. | 我们从没见过马里恩和盖尔 我真不明白,你以前很喜欢他们 |
[27:32] | I can’t stand ’em. They’re so enthusiastic. College kids. I get embarrassed. | 我受不了他们,太热情了 大学里的年轻人,我不知所措 |
[27:36] | Oh, well, don’t get embarrassed. Don’t come. Drink yourself unconscious. | 噢行了别不知所措了 别来了,继续喝得意志不清吧 |
[27:40] | That’s one clich?of being a novelist you have no problem with. | 别再说什么一帆风顺的 小说家之类的陈词滥调 |
[27:45] | Yeah, I sure can drink. | 是啊,我肯定要喝 |
[27:47] | You’re fine as long as I keep everything going. | 只要我把什么都安排好了 你就满意了 |
[27:49] | – What? – Sh. | – 什么? – 唏! |
[27:51] | You mean the cheques from Daddy so you can write yourself into immortality? | 你是说在上帝开的支票上 你可以把自己写入不朽啦? |
[27:56] | I also raise the family that you wanted. Or thought you wanted. | 我还要养这个你想要的家 或者是想你需要什么 |
[28:00] | Hey, you made some noises about experiencing motherhood. | 嘿,你老在说做母亲的经验史 |
[28:03] | I’m sure you thought it was great raw material. | 我敢肯定你想这一定是好的原料 |
[28:06] | Well, now you got another human being. | 好啊,现在你又可以再生一个 |
[28:08] | It wasn’t my idea, and I’m not ashamed to be subsidized either. | 那不是我想要的,而我也不觉得 退下来有什么可羞耻的 |
[28:12] | I turn things out. | 我创造出来东西 |
[28:18] | Yeah, you do. | 是啊,你是这样的 |
[28:21] | You turn things out. You’re incredible. | 你创造出东西,真让人惊叹 |
[28:33] | Frederick… | 弗雷德里克… |
[28:36] | Frederick, you have so much to offer. | 弗雷德里克,你有很多东西可以写 |
[28:38] | I wanna help, not hurt. | 我想帮你,而不是伤害你 |
[28:43] | I can’t go out. I’m not in the mood. I’m liable to kill somebody. | 我不能出去,我没有心情,我想杀人 |
[28:52] | I’m going. Bye. | 我要走了,拜 |
[29:02] | You look as good as I’ve seen you in a long time. | 你看起来很好,像是很久以前 看到的一样 |
[29:06] | And in no time at all you’ve turned this place into a lovely home. | 而且很快你就把这里变成 一个可爱的家 |
[29:11] | I saw Joey last week. | 上周我见乔依了 |
[29:13] | I may be working on her apartment. | 我可能给她的公寓工作了一段 |
[29:16] | Mike seems amenable. He isn’t really what I had in mind for Joey. | 迈克好象太顺从了,他不是 我真正想给乔依找的 |
[29:20] | But I’m getting more used to him. | 不过我变得越来越习惯于他了 |
[29:23] | She has no direction. | 她没有方向 |
[29:27] | I expected such great things from her. | 我觉得她能做伟大的事 |
[29:31] | She was an extraordinary child. | 她是个很出色的孩子 |
[29:37] | – And how are you getting along, Arthur? – Fine. | – 那么你过得怎么样,亚桑? – 很好 |
[29:40] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[29:42] | Busy. It’s important to keep busy. | 很忙,保持忙碌很重要 |
[29:47] | Did you like the Matisse drawing? It was on sale at Parke-Bernet. | 你喜欢马蒂斯的画吗? 正在帕克·波纳拍卖 |
[29:51] | Oh, yes. It’s lovely. | 嗅,是的,很有趣的画 |
[29:54] | So delicate. | 很精致 |
[30:00] | Well… | 那么… |
[30:04] | We’ll talk, Eve. | 伊芙,再说吧 |
[32:25] | She’s got to go back to the sanatarium, for a while at least. | 她要回疗养院去了,至少得住一阵 |
[32:36] | Oh, poor Joey. Poor Joey. | 噢,可冷的乔依,可冷的乔依 |
[32:40] | She spent so much time with her, and… I don’t know. What’s the point? | 她和她待了很长时间,而且… 我不知道,重点是什么? |
[32:43] | We can’t watch her constantly. There’s no way you can be with her all the time. | 我们不能一直看护她,没法总是陪她 |
[32:55] | How is Joey? | 乔依呢? |
[32:58] | I worry about her. She seems to be floundering. | 我担心她,她看起来很挣扎 |
[33:02] | I don’t know. I guess she hasn’t found herself yet. | 我不知道,我想她还没有找到自我 |
[33:04] | Couldn’t you help her? She looks up to you. | 你不能帮帮她吗?她尊敬你 |
[33:07] | I do, Dad, I try. I try to be supportive. I try to encourage her. | 爸,我有,我试着支持她 试着鼓励她 |
[33:11] | I’m not criticizing, | 我不是在责怪你 |
[33:13] | but it just seems to me there’s always been an antagonism between you two. | 不过好象你们俩看起来 总有些不对头 |
[33:17] | Well, you know Joey. She tends to be competitive with me. | 好吧,你知道乔依,她总想跟我争 |
[33:20] | Well, you’re very successful. I think you kinda hold that over her. | 你很成功,所以对她有些威胁 |
[33:25] | – Come on, Dad. That’s not true. – No, Renata, I’m not blind. | – 别这样说,爸,那不是真的 – 不,蕾娜达,我没有瞎 |
[33:29] | I see what’s going on. You seclude yourself in Connecticut, | 我知道发生了什么,你把 自己隔离在康涅伙格 |
[33:34] | acting the aloof artist, and no one can get near you. | 演着独角戏,没有人接近你 |
[33:36] | I don’t wanna discuss this right now. | 我现在不想讨论这个 |
[33:39] | Just avoid the subject. I’m upset. You’re upset. | 就想绕开这个话题,我很不安,你也是 |
[33:44] | Joey had such potential. And now it’s come to nothing. | 乔依有这个潜力,而现在却没实现 |
[33:47] | It’s so typical. As usual, you’re obsessed with Joey while Mother is lying… | 真是典型,还像以前一样 你总护着乔依,那时候妈妈还躺在… |
[33:52] | Now, don’t blame me for that. | 现在别为那个责备我 |
[33:54] | That’s nobody’s fault. | 那不是任何人的错 |
[34:02] | – How’s Frederick? – Oh, fine. | – 弗雷德里克怎么样? – 噢,挺好的 |
[34:04] | – He’s going to be teaching at Barnard. – Oh, how nice. | – 他要去巴纳德教书去了 – 噢,真不错 |
[34:07] | I read something he wrote recently in Sunday Times Review, I think. | 我看了他在时论周刊上登的文章 |
[34:11] | It was very nasty, but very funny. | 内容让人不太喻快,不过很有趣 |
[34:16] | It’s a giraffe – enormous. Cory would love it. | 篇幅很长,不过我想柯瑞会喜欢的 |
[34:20] | It’s probably way too much money but I’d like to buy her one. | 那可得花一大笔钱,不过我可以给她买 |
[34:23] | She’s so cute. She sits and has conversations with the television set. | 她很可爱,坐在那儿 跟电视说话 |
[34:29] | She’s such a pretty thing. | 她真漂亮 |
[34:33] | – How’s Mike? – Fine. | – 迈克怎么样? – 不错 |
[34:35] | We’d love to see you and Frederick. | 很高兴见到你和弗雷德里克 |
[34:38] | Oh, well, that’d be great, but it’s been sort of a rough week for me. | 噢,那真好,不过就是 这周对我来说有些糟糕 |
[34:42] | It doesn’t have to be this week. | 也不是这周才这样 |
[34:44] | I gotta give Frederick a chance to get settled in at Barnard. | 我希望弗雷德里克能 在巴纳德妥定下来 |
[34:52] | Renny, why do you keep pushing me away? | 雷妮,你干嘛总排挤我呢? |
[34:54] | – Well, I don’t. – Yeah, you do. | – 我没有啊 – 你有 |
[34:57] | – It’s like you don’t want me near you. – Oh, Joey, come on. | – 似乎你不想我靠近你 – 噢,乔依,不是的 |
[35:01] | You know I’ve had work problems. I need isolation. I need to be alone. | 你知道我工作遇到些麻烦 我得解决它,得单独呆着 |
[35:05] | The creative thing, it’s very delicate. | 创造上的东西很棘手 |
[35:09] | That’s great. You hide behind your work, Flyn’s never here, and I inherited Mother. | 好吧,你就躲在工作后面,芙琳又不在 只有让我照顾妈妈 |
[35:13] | I see Mother too. I phone her. | 我也和妈妈见面,给她打电话 |
[35:15] | Yeah. But you’re in Connecticut, and I end up with all the dirty work. | 是啊,不过你在康涅伙格,而我 得收拾这些麻烦的活儿 |
[35:19] | I can’t help it if you feel guilty about your feelings toward Mother. | 如果你觉得对妈妈觉得抱歉 我可受不了 |
[35:23] | I mean, you can’t seem to do enough to make up for it. | 我是说,你好象做得不够多 来补偿这一切 |
[35:25] | – What’s that supposed to mean? – You know. You could never stand her. | – 那是什么意思? – 你也知道,你怎么也没法忍受她 |
[35:30] | I don’t believe this. My whole life, I’ve only wanted to be her. | 我真不敢相信,我的整个一生 就是想要成为她 |
[35:34] | Yeah. Well, for a while there, you were her, weren’t you? | 是啊,那么暂时想想 你如果是她,你愿意吗? |
[35:37] | – I don’t know what you’re talking about. – Oh, Joey, you know. | – 我不知道你在说什么 – 噢,乔依,你知道的 |
[35:40] | All those headaches every time she’d come home. You never wanted her home. | 每次她来我家时我都很 头疼,真不想让她来 |
[35:44] | This is incredible. I mean, you twist everything I say. I give up. | 真不可思议,你扭曲我说的话 我不说了 |
[38:14] | You OK? | 你还好吗? |
[38:17] | I just experienced the strangest sensation. | 我刚有种很奇怪的感觉 |
[38:22] | Well, you look kinda pale. | 你脸色有些苍白 |
[38:26] | It was as if I had a sudden… | 好象我突然… |
[38:30] | clear vision where everything seems… | 清楚地看见一切都显得那么… |
[38:34] | sort of awful and predatory. | 可怕,而具有争斗性 |
[38:40] | It was like… It was like I was here | 就像…像是我在这儿 |
[38:44] | and the world was out there, and I couldn’t bring us together. | 而世界在另外一个地方 我不能把两者联系起来 |
[38:50] | Could you have had one of those dreams? | 你是不是做过这样的梦? |
[38:52] | No. | 没有 |
[38:55] | No, because the same thing happened last week when I was reading upstairs. | 不是做梦,上周我在楼上看书时 也有同样的感觉 |
[39:01] | I suddenly became hyper aware of my body. | 突然很在意我的身体 |
[39:06] | And I could feel my heart beating, | 能感觉到心脏在跳 |
[39:09] | and I began to imagine that… | 而我开始想象… |
[39:13] | I could feel the blood sort of coursing through my veins | 我感受得到血在动脉里流动 |
[39:16] | and my hands and in the back of my… neck. | 在手掌中,还有…脖子后 流动着 |
[39:24] | I felt precarious, like I was a machine that was functioning | 我觉得很不妥全,自己像是 一台运行中的机器 |
[39:28] | but I could just conk out at any second. | 而我随时可能发生故障 |
[39:32] | You’re not gonna conk out. You gotta put those kind of thoughts out of your head. | 你不会发生故障,别再想那些东西了 |
[39:36] | Yeah. It frightens me, too, you know, because… | 而且,我还很害怕… |
[39:40] | I’m not that far from the age when Mother began showing signs of strain. | 觉得自己离妈妈显现 神经衰弱的年龄不远了 |
[39:44] | You’re not your mother. You’re not. You’re not. | 你和你妈妈不同 不一样,不一样 |
[39:46] | You’ve been under stress and you haven’t been sleeping well. Things like that. | 你只是承受压力过大,而且没有睡好 只是这样而已 |
[40:00] | What are these? Are these Joey’s photographs? | 这是什么?乔依的照片? |
[40:04] | – Oh, yeah. – Let me see. | – 哦,是的 – 让我看看 |
[40:06] | They’re not very good, I’m afraid. | 我觉得照得不太好 |
[40:09] | No. She doesn’t really have an eye. | 是啊,她眼光不怎么样 |
[40:13] | She’s gonna wanna know what you think, so you’d better get ready. | 她总想知道你在想什么 所以你最好想想怎么说 |
[40:17] | Poor Joey. | 可怜的乔依 |
[40:20] | She has all the anguish and anxiety | 总是容易感到痛苦和紧张 |
[40:24] | of the artistic personality without any of the talent. | 有着艺术家的气质 却没有那方面的才华 |
[40:30] | And naturally, I’m put in the position of having to encourage her. | 当然我只有鼓励她 |
[40:34] | Tell her the truth. Get it over with. Don’t lead her on. | 告诉她真相,让她知道,别再骗她 |
[40:36] | I don’t lead her on. I mean, God, I can’t break her heart. | 我没骗她,我只是,不想伤她的心 |
[40:39] | And you know how competitive she is with me. | 而且你也知道她多想跟我争 |
[40:45] | I always think it’s better to level with a person. | 我还是觉得跟别人说实话比较好 |
[40:48] | – Wish you’d done that with me more. – I did. | – 要是你多跟我说实话就好了 – 我说的是实话啊 |
[40:50] | No, you didn’t. You flattered me, and I liked it. | 没有,你没说,你 奉承我,而我喜欢那样 |
[40:53] | Frederick, you’re good, and I’ve never hesitated to say it. | 弗雷德里克,你很棒,我可以 毫不犹豫地这么说 |
[40:56] | There’s something missing from my work. | 我的工作中总是缺了点什么 |
[40:59] | I don’t know. I don’t know if I’ve lost it or I never had it, or what. | 我不知道,不知道是我已经失去了 还是从来就没得到过 |
[41:05] | You’re capable of being extraordinary and you’ve stopped for spite. | 你能做得很优秀,你已经停止伤害了 |
[41:09] | No, not for spite! | 不,根本没有伤害 |
[41:18] | I’ll get back to it someday. | 什么时候我还是得重新做这个工作 |
[41:20] | You throw everything away to spite me. | 你说的话都像是在中伤我 |
[41:23] | Let’s not talk about it. OK? | 别说这个了,行吗? |
[41:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[41:36] | What are you gonna say to Joey? | 你要怎么给乔依说? |
[41:39] | She should marry Michael and stop her worrying about being so damn creative. | 她应该和迈克尔结婚,别再 担心能不能创作之类的东西了 |
[41:44] | Sometimes she just annoys me. | 有时她让我觉得很困扰 |
[42:16] | Jimmy’s getting excited. It’s an exciting thing to be a Christian, | 吉米很兴奋,为成为一个基督徒兴奋 |
[42:20] | and I have a gentleman who’s a friend of mine, | 我有个朋友是个绅士 |
[42:22] | a fairly new friend, but our friendship goes way back to the cross of Calvary. | 是个新朋友,不过从有那稣受难像 开始我们的友谊就存在了 |
[42:27] | Roy Schwartz, it’s a delight to have you here today. | 罗伊·施瓦兹,很高兴你今天来到这儿 |
[42:30] | Now, Roy, you are by birth what nationality? | 现在告诉我们,你出生地是在哪儿? |
[42:35] | – A Hebrew. – A Hebrew. | – 我是希伯来人 – 希伯来人 |
[42:37] | When I was talking about God’s chosen people – | 在谈到由上帝选择的人时… |
[42:40] | you’re probably aware, you’ve studied your history, you’re involved in this – | 你可能会很在意,你已经熟知 你们的历史,你正… |
[42:45] | what part did the Jewish people and the nation of Israel | 犹太人和以色列国家 |
[42:48] | have in God’s timepiece today? | 在今天上帝的钟表中是怎样的呢? |
[42:58] | – You’re late. – I’m sorry. | – 你迟到了 – 对不起 |
[43:00] | It’s 45 minutes. | 你迟到了45分钟 |
[43:02] | The traffic was unbearable. I’m sorry. | 我真的很抱歉,可路上太堵了 |
[43:04] | – You should take that into account. – Could we drop this? My head is splitting. | – 你来之前就应该把这时间算上 – 我们能不谈这吗?我头疼得很 |
[43:08] | – What’s the matter? – What do you think? I’m pregnant. | – 怎么了? – 你认为呢?我是怀孕了的人 |
[43:11] | – Thought you might be. – I’m goddamned annoyed! | – 也许吧 – 我真是快疯了 |
[43:15] | – We’ll take care of it. – Naturally, we’ll take care of it. | – 我们会很好解决的 – 当然了 |
[43:18] | Joey, I said we’ll take care of it. It’s nothing. | 乔伊,我说过我们会解决的 这很简单 |
[43:21] | I’m so stupid! How can I be so careless? | 我真太蠢了,我怎么会这么不小心呢? |
[43:23] | All right, it happens. We could have the kid. It wouldn’t be the end of the world. | 好了,既然已经发生了,我们要生下这孩子 要个孩子不会世界末日的 |
[43:28] | – For me it would be. – I’m sorry you feel that way. | – 对我来说,这就是世界末日 – 我不知道你会这么想 |
[43:32] | Oh, Michael. I’ve thought about it. | 迈克,我想过这个问题 |
[43:34] | It’s absurd. How could we have a kid? I don’t even know where my life is going. | 这太可笑了我们怎么可以要这个孩子呢? 我连我自己以后的路怎么走都没弄明白 |
[43:39] | – Maybe it’s not such a great idea. – You don’t think so either? | – 也许是不尽如人愿 – 你也这么认为是吗? |
[43:43] | I guess not. | 我不这么认为 |
[43:48] | – Well, what happened to you? – Nothing. I’m sorry. | – 你怎么了? – 没什么,我很抱歉 |
[43:52] | – We found something for the bedroom. – This won’t be too expensive, I hope. | – 我们想给卧室添点东西 – 希望不会很贵 |
[43:56] | – It’s a little more… – We had this… | – 比我们计划的稍微贵了一点… – 我们已经有… |
[43:58] | Can we not get into a financial dispute? | 我们先别为了钱吵,好吗? |
[44:00] | It’s right over here. I think you’ll like it. | 就在那,我想你肯定会喜欢的 |
[44:08] | – Your father’s back from Greece. – Is he? | – 你爸从希腊回来了 – 是吗? |
[44:11] | You know he’s back. You’re having dinner with him tomorrow at Renata’s. | 你知道,明天你们都应该在 蕾娜达家跟他一起吃个晚饭 |
[44:14] | Renata told me. Were you not going to? | 她告诉我了,你不打算去吗? |
[44:16] | – Yes. I just know how you are on that. – Will you talk to him? He listens to you. | – 没错我才知道你是怎么想的 – 你跟他谈谈好吗?他听你的 |
[44:21] | He’s a grown man. He makes his own decisions. | 他是一个男人,他有自己的想法 |
[44:23] | But he puts great store by what you have to say. | 可他听你的意见去经营他的店 |
[44:26] | If he wants to move back in with you, he will. If he doesn’t, he won’t. | 如果他想搬去跟你一起住,他会的 如果他不想,说什么都没用 |
[44:30] | – Why are you so reluctant to help me? – Reluctant? I do nothing but cater to you. | – 你为什么老不帮我? – 什么?难道要我只迎合你吗? |
[44:34] | It’s as though you don’t care if we’re together. | 我只是说为什么你 这么不在意我跟他是否在一起 |
[44:38] | Why wouldn’t I want you to be happy? But you shouldn’t delude yourself. | 我干嘛让你不高兴啊? 只是你不应该自欺欺人 |
[44:42] | Will you tell him how well I’ve been doing? That my work is flourishing again? | 你为什么就不能告诉他我的情况呢? 我的工作渐渐开始变好了? |
[44:46] | – That my mood swings are less rapid? – He doesn’t care. | – 我的精神也比以前好多了 – 他根本就不在乎 |
[44:49] | He just wants to know that I’m on an even keel, that’s all. | 他只是想知道我现在很平稳 仅此而已 |
[44:52] | – Leave me alone. – Joey… | – 让我静一静 – 乔伊… |
[44:54] | – Just leave me out of this! – Where are you going? | – 我什么都不想管! – 你去哪? |
[45:01] | Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to have a child. | 也许有个孩子也不是一件坏事 |
[45:04] | – Oh, please. – Sometimes just taking… | – 求你了! – 有些时候,我们应该… |
[45:07] | – I can’t. OK? – You mean you won’t. | – 我做不到行吗? – 你只是不想 |
[45:09] | Why do you stay with me? I don’t understand. I give you nothing but grief. | 为什么还要和我在一起?我不明白 除了伤心,我什么都给不了你 |
[45:18] | You should take the job at the advertising agency, and we should maybe get settled. | 你应该接受广告公司那工作 那样我们也许会稳定一点 |
[45:23] | Yeah, right! If I start writing copy and having kids, I’d never get out of it. | 没错!如果我开始写东西,再生个孩子 我就真的再也跳不出这个坑了 |
[45:28] | I’d be swallowed up in some anonymous lifestyle. | 我会被那些无名的生活吞噬 |
[45:30] | I wanna do something with my life. | 我要改变我的生活 |
[45:37] | – Now I’m guilty cos I left my mother. – She’ll be fine. | – 我有点后海了,就这么不理我妈 – 她会没事的 |
[45:40] | – Oh, a lot you care. – It’s your mother that can’t stand me. | – 你关心的还真多 – 她是你妈妈,不是别人 |
[46:15] | – Well… – I hope the cat isn’t in the kitchen. | – 好吧 – 我希望那猫不在厨房里 |
[46:23] | Cory’s gonna go upstairs and play for a while. | 科莉要上楼玩一会儿 |
[46:26] | I’ll see you later, all right? Bye-bye. | – 呆会儿见好吗? – 好的 |
[46:30] | I could get ’em out in a month. | 我想在这个月里,我应该能处理好 |
[46:32] | Then you wouldn’t have anything left to say. Right? | 你没其他的要说了吧? |
[46:35] | Dad. | 爸爸! |
[46:38] | He was so excited when I spoke to him. | 当我跟他说话时,他相当激动 |
[46:41] | He saw that terrible movie that Flyn was in on the plane. | 他看了一捉糟糕的电影 他看见芙琳竟然在飞机上 |
[46:44] | – Come in. – Good to see you. | – 请进 – 很高兴见到你 |
[46:46] | The traffic in this town is getting impossible. | 这里的交通真的是越来越不象话了 |
[46:50] | Hi. | 嗨! |
[46:51] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[46:54] | – Hi, Joey. – Hi, Daddy. | – 嗨,乔伊 – 好啊,爸爸 |
[46:56] | – Renata. – Hello, Dad. | 蕾娜达 |
[46:57] | – Hi. This is Pearl. – Hello. | – 这位是珀尔 – 大家好 |
[47:00] | – Hi. – I’m Mike. This is Joey. | 我是迈克,她是乔伊 |
[47:03] | – Glad to meet you. Hi. – Hello. | – 很高兴见到你们 – 你好 |
[47:05] | – Frederick. – Hi. | – 弗雷德里克 – 你好 |
[47:08] | Um, would you like anything to drink? | 你要喝点什么吗? |
[47:11] | Whatever Arthur’s having’s fine. | 跟亚桑一样就好了 |
[47:13] | Why don’t you sit there? It’s the only comfortable place in the house. | 你坐那吧 那是这里最舒服的地方 |
[47:22] | It’s good to be back. | 回家真好 |
[47:25] | I’m sure you must have enjoyed Athens. | 雅典是不是让你很享受啊? |
[47:27] | You can’t beat Greece for sand and blue water. | 希腊的碧海和沙滩真是无解可击 |
[47:31] | And the food! I could eat lamb six times a day. And that’s with an ouzo. | 还有那些吃的! 我一天要吃6次羊肉,配着那的酒喝 |
[47:35] | The only problem I had was nobody spoke English. | 唯一苦恼的是没人懂英语 |
[47:38] | Everybody understood what was important. | 但谁都知道你要什么 |
[47:41] | Did you get a chance to see any of the temples, architecture? | 你看那的神庙和建筑了吗? |
[47:44] | Oh, yes. It’s so wonderful. You’re steeped in history. | 看了那些棒极了! 感觉像是走进了历史 |
[47:48] | We saw some great examples from the fifth century BC. | 我们看了很多 公元前5世纪保存下来的东西 |
[47:51] | Remember that temple? Beautifully preserved. | 还记得那座神庙吗? 它保存的特别完整 |
[47:54] | – Tell you the truth, I prefer the beaches. – She could sit in the sun all day. | – 说实话,我更喜欢那里的沙滩 – 她能整天呆在太阳底下 |
[47:58] | That’s enough ruins. How many ruins can you see? | 那里有很多的遗址 你说你能看多少? |
[48:01] | But that hot sand, blue water – that’s for me. | 但是那里的热沙,碧蓝的海 却是为我准备的 |
[48:04] | Maybe we should continue this conversation in the other room. | 我想我们最好换个房间接着聊 |
[48:10] | First time I went to Europe, with my first husband, years ago, | 许久之前,我跟我的第一任丈夫去欧洲 |
[48:13] | all we saw was churches. One cathedral led to another. | 我们看见的全是教堂,一座接着一座 |
[48:17] | They were beautiful but… you see two or three, then enough already. All the day… | 都很漂亮,但是…其买看个两三个 就已经够了,当你一天… |
[48:22] | – You knew he was bringing someone? – Yes. Didn’t I mention it? | – 你知道他要带人来吗? – 是的,我没告诉你吗? |
[48:28] | Give me a good sirloin anytime. | 随时都给我牛肉吃 |
[48:32] | Charcoal. They talk about club steaks and porterhouse? | 木炭,他们一直讨论俱乐部的牛排 还有小酒馆 |
[48:36] | Sirloin, charcoal and blood rare. | 牛肉,木炭,还有带血的 |
[48:40] | Pearl’s husband was something of a chef. | 她那丈夫好像是个厨师 |
[48:44] | He was an amateur chef. | 他是个业余厨师 |
[48:46] | He was in the jewellery business, my first husband, may he rest in peace. | 他还做过珠宝生意,我的第一个丈夫 愿他安息 |
[48:50] | – Adam, my second, was an orthodontist. – How many have you had? | – 我的第二任丈夫,亚当,是个正牙医生 – 你有几个丈夫? |
[48:54] | Two. Adam had a massive coronary. Rudy was an alcoholic. | 两个,亚当得了大规模冠状动脉 鲁迪是个酒鬼 |
[48:58] | – More gravy? – No, no, no. It’s too heavy. | – 还要肉汁吗? – 够了,够了,我已经吃多了 |
[49:00] | Ah, what are you worried about? It’s delicious. Try it. | 啊,你担心什么? 很好吃的,试试 |
[49:05] | – Where are you from, Pearl? – Florida. | – 你家在哪,珀尔? – 佛罗里达 |
[49:07] | Oh, we lived all over the place when I was younger, but I prefer a warm climate. | 哦,从小开始我就住在这里 但我更喜欢温暖的地方 |
[49:13] | I even lived in Australia for a year. | 我还在澳洲生活了一年 |
[49:15] | With my sister Fay, when Adam died. | 亚当死了的时候,我和我妹妹一起 |
[49:19] | I went nuts. It’s dead there. | 那时我快疯了,那里没有生气 |
[49:22] | I was in Sydney, Australia, once. | 我曾在悉尼呆过 |
[49:24] | Oh. Was I lying? Did you like it? | 哦,我没骗你吧 你喜欢那里吗? |
[49:29] | It was just a vacation. I was only there a couple of days. | 那只是个假期,没几天 |
[49:32] | Lucky. It’s like a morgue. Nothing to do at night, no pizzazz. I couldn’t take that. | 你很走运那就像个太平间 什么都做不了,也没那精力我一点都不喜欢 |
[49:38] | Here’s a woman who could go dancing every night. | 但是她能跳一个晚上的舞 |
[49:42] | You know what I say: You only live once, but once is enough if you play it right. | 你知道我说什么尽管你只生活一段时间 但如果玩对了,一段时间也够了 |
[49:46] | – Do you have any children, Pearl? – Oh, yes. I have two sons. | – 你有孩子吗? – 我有两个儿子 |
[49:50] | Lewis and John. | 莱维丝和约翰 |
[49:52] | Lewis is in real estate. John runs an art gallery. | 莱维丝是做房地产的 约翰则经营一家画廊 |
[49:55] | Oh? | 哦,是吗? |
[49:57] | In the lobby in Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. | 在拉斯维加斯,恺撒酒店的大厅 |
[50:00] | It’s not exactly a gallery, it’s more a concession. | 确切的说,还不是一个画廊 |
[50:06] | – Paintings of clowns on black velvet? – That’s right, junk. | – 在黑色板上画小丑? – 没错,很垃圾 |
[50:09] | Oh, it’s pure junk, but people like it. They get a kick out of it. He does very nicely. | 纯粹是垃圾,但人们喜欢那些 他们得把池给开除了,不过他做得相当不错 |
[50:16] | – Pearl collects African art. – Oh. Oh, I love black ebony. | – 珀尔收集非洲艺术品 – 嗯,我特别喜欢黑檀木 |
[50:21] | I own some statues. Actually, they’re from Trinidad. | 我有一些雕像 他们本都属于特立尼达岛 |
[50:24] | Oh, I love those real primitive statues with the big hips and the big breasts. | 哦,我喜欢那些真实的 丰乳肥臀的原始雕塑 |
[50:29] | Oh, I even have some voodoo masks. I believe in that stuff. | 哦,我甚至还喜欢一些带着巫术的面具 而且我相信那个 |
[50:33] | I could tell your fortune, but I need cards. Later, maybe. | 我能预知你的未来,但是我需要牌 呆一会儿,也许就行了 |
[50:38] | This couple we met were raving about it, | 我们遇到的那对夫妇为之倾倒 |
[50:41] | so I cabled from the office to get tickets. I’m glad I did. It was fabulous. | 我回办公室去拿票,而且我很高兴 我回去拿了表演非常精彩 |
[50:45] | We thought it was interesting. | 我们也觉得那非常有意思 |
[50:47] | But depressing as hell. It was pessimistic to the point of futility. | 但是很让人失望,相当的悲观 |
[50:51] | Fashionable pessimism is all the rage nowadays. | 现在社会都流行时髦的悲观 |
[50:54] | When they sentenced those Algerians to death, I thought it was a good ending. | 当演到把那些阿尔及利亚人绞死的时候 我觉得差不多是个好结局了 |
[50:57] | You call that fashionable, but it’s hard to argue | 你称之为时髦,但是缺少说服性 |
[51:00] | that in the face of death, life loses real meaning. | 在死神前,生也失去了意义 |
[51:03] | – It is? – Well, I can’t argue it succinctly, | – 是吗? – 好吧,我不能简单的反驳 |
[51:07] | but if you’ve read Socrates or Buddha, Schopenhauer, even Ecclestiastes, | 但是如果你曾看过苏格拉底的书或是佛经 叔本华,或是 |
[51:12] | they’re very convincing. | 他们的言语就很有说服性 |
[51:14] | Well, they should know. I don’t read that much. | 好吧,他们应该知道,我看的并不多 |
[51:17] | What struck me was the way the terrorists only killed if they had to. | 打动我的是恐怖分子 只在必须的情况下才杀人 |
[51:21] | Never wantonly, just if they had to, to achieve their aims. | 不要开玩笑如果仅仅是他们必须 也是为了达成他们的目标 |
[51:26] | I was very moved when that Algerian boy said he killed in the name of freedom. | 当那阿尔及利亚男孩说他是 在自由的名义下杀人,我很感动的 |
[51:30] | – It gave me chills. – It’s killing for an abstraction. | – 那让我打冷颤 – 他们杀戮仅仅是为了获得一个提要 |
[51:34] | Why? You value the life of a single person over the lives of thousands of others? | 为什么?你认为一个个体的 生命价值能高于其他五千人的吗? |
[51:39] | I don’t know. I mean, who are those thousands? It’s another abstraction. | 我不知道,其他人是谁? 那又是另外一个提要 |
[51:43] | To me, the conflict over the giving of the information | 对我来说,法国医生 和阿尔及利亚人之间关于信息的冲突 |
[51:46] | between the French doctor and the Algerian was the best part of the play. | 是这部戏最精彩的部分 |
[51:50] | I know. The writer argued both sides so brilliantly you didn’t know who was right. | 我知道编剧两方面的论证都很精彩 以至你都不知道谁是对的 |
[51:55] | I didn’t get that. I mean, to me, it wasn’t such a big deal. | 我没想到那个,对我来说 这不是什么大不了的 |
[52:00] | One guy was a squealer. I liked the guy that wasn’t. | 其中一个总是会大喊大叫 我喜欢那个那个安静的 |
[52:04] | It’s a little more complex than that, don’t you think? | 你不认为这个比较复杂吗? |
[52:06] | Why? You liked the squealer? Did I miss something? | 为什么会这么觉得?难道你不喜欢他吗? 我错过什么了吗? |
[52:10] | That’s what made me anxious about the play. I mean, | 这也是我看了这剧之后担心的原因了 我的意思是 |
[52:14] | how do you figure out the right thing to do? | 你怎么才能找到对的事情去做? |
[52:16] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[52:19] | How do you know? I don’t know. You just know, you feel it. I mean… | 我怎么知道的?我不知道 我只知道,我这么觉得,我的意思是… |
[52:24] | You just don’t squeal. I don’t know. | 我说不出来,我也不知道 |
[52:27] | Anyway, it was a good evening in the theatre for a change. | 不管怎样,去戏院改变一下生活 也很不错 |
[52:31] | I’d love another piece of cheesecake but… | 我想再吃一块奶酪,但是… |
[52:33] | Well, have it. What are you worried about? | 来,给你 你担心什么? |
[52:37] | You’ll live to be 100 if you give up all the things that make you want to. | 如果你放弃你想做的每件事 你活到100岁肯定没问题 |
[52:48] | Am I the only one or is it hot in here? | 你们不觉得这里很热吗? |
[52:53] | Can we open a window? | 我能开窗吗? |
[52:55] | OK. Ready? | 行了,可以了吗? |
[52:58] | – Uh-huh. – OK. Pick a card. | – 嗯! – 好的,抽一张 |
[53:01] | – Any one. – There you go. | – 随便哪张 – 好了 |
[53:03] | OK. Put it back. Any place, any place. | 行,把它放回去 随便哪里 |
[53:06] | All right. OK. Watch. | 行了,看着 |
[53:08] | – I’m ready. – All right. | – 我准备好了 – 嗯 |
[53:11] | Now we shuffle. | 现在,我来洗牌 |
[53:14] | Now you… All right. | 现在你…好了 |
[53:15] | – What? – No, nothing. Just go ahead. | – 什么? – 没什么,继续 |
[53:18] | – Is it that? – No. | – 是这个吗? – 不是 |
[53:20] | – That? – No. | – 那个? – 也不是 |
[53:21] | – That? – Wrong. | – 这个吗? – 错 |
[53:22] | – It’s none of those three. – None of those. | – 那张也不是 – 一张都不是 |
[53:24] | OK. Not that one. | 不是那张 |
[53:28] | – Not that one. – No. | – 也不是这张吗? – 不是 |
[53:30] | – That one. – Jesus, that’s fantastic. | – 这张 – 天哪,太神奇了 |
[53:34] | – How did you do that? – Oh, what’s the difference? | – 你怎么做的? – 哦,有什么不一样吗? |
[53:37] | That is a miraculous card trick. | 这只是玩牌的小把戏 |
[53:41] | And I was watching really closely. Where did you learn that? | 但我一直都盯着看啊 你从哪学的? |
[53:44] | I’m a gal that’s been around. I’ve picked up a lot of useless information. | 我喜欢到处跑 学了很多没有的东西 |
[53:48] | 你能预知,还能玩牌 你是不是还能降神啊? You tell fortunes. You do card tricks. You do s閍nces, too? | |
[53:52] | Nuh-uh. Not me. I figure whatever’s out there, it’s their business. | 呵呵,我做不来 除了那些,那是别人的活 |
[53:56] | Besides, you think I wanna bring back my ex-husband? | 你认为我会把我的前夫找回来吗? |
[54:01] | As soon as possible, Pearl and I are gonna get married. | 我跟珀尔会尽快结婚的 |
[54:04] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[54:09] | – That’s gonna sink Mother. – She’ll get over it. | – 会让我妈发疯的 – 她会没事的 |
[54:13] | – Easy for you to say. – It’s not easy. | – 你说得容易 – 一点都不 |
[54:15] | – How long have you known her, Dad? – Now, a month. | – 爸,你认识她多久了? – 一个月 |
[54:18] | A month? Isn’t that a little hasty? | 一个月?是不是太快了? |
[54:21] | – We’ve spent a lot of time together. – That’s a lot of time? | – 我们在一起的时间很长 – 一个月长吗? |
[54:25] | I expect you all at the wedding. | 我希望你们都能来参加婚礼 |
[54:27] | Flyn, too. I insist that Flyn fly in and meet Pearl. | 包括芙琳 我还是希望芙琳能来见见珀尔 |
[54:30] | – The whole thing does seem a bit fast. – It’s gonna be fine. | – 所有的事发展的都太快了 – 放心吧,会好的 |
[54:34] | She’s a nice woman. She’s kind. She’s affectionate. | 她是个很不错的人 她善良,感情丰富 |
[54:38] | Christ, I’m 63 years old, I wanna relax. | 克莱斯特,我已经63了 我想过轻松的生活 |
[54:41] | I’m happy just to lie on the beach with her. | 能和她躺在沙滩上,我觉得非常幸福 |
[54:43] | I like it that she’s full of energy and demonstrative and open. | 我喜欢她的精力充沛 对人真诚,毫不掩饰 |
[54:47] | You just met her. She’s a widow, and you’re a wealthy man. | 你才认识她,她是个寡妇 但你是个有钱男人 |
[54:52] | – So she’s after my money? – She’s not saying… | – 你认为她是为了我的钱? – 她是没说… |
[54:54] | – Why? Is that so far-fetched? – I won’t dignify that. | – 为什么?太牵强了吗? – 我不这么认为 |
[54:57] | Don’t get upset. A man in your position has to be careful. | 别生气,男人在你的位置 都应该小心一点 |
[55:01] | You don’t know her yet. She’s a fine woman, and I love her. | 你们还不够了解她 她很好,而且我爱她 |
[55:04] | It’s going to be the worst possible thing that could happen to Mother. | 但是对妈妈来说,这是最坏的事了 |
[55:10] | I can’t believe she imagines we’ll get back together. | 我不能相信她还认为我们能复合 |
[55:13] | She imagines it because everyone except me leads her on. | 她这么想完全是因为所有人 都这样引导她,除了我 |
[55:16] | – I don’t wanna hear that story. – It’s true. | 我不想听关于她的故事 那是真的 |
[55:18] | And all that talk about a trial separation? You were never coming back. | 那么所有的事都只是考验吗? 你从来没回来过。 |
[55:22] | I wanted to let her down easily. She’s such a fragile thing. | 我希望她能静下来,她太脆弱了 |
[55:26] | She is not a thing. We all treat her like a hospital patient. She’s a human being. | 她是人!我们对她就像对病人一样 她是完完全全的人! |
[55:31] | Your idea of treating her like a human being is to throw cold water on her hopes. | 你想像对正常人一样对待她 无异于向她毫无希望 |
[55:36] | What hopes? | 什么希望? |
[55:37] | It was bound to happen. The most that we could do was postpone it a little bit. | 那是一定会发生的 我们所能做的仅仅是把它推后 |
[55:42] | – You’re all she lives for. – Don’t give me that… | – 你是她活着的唯一希望 – 不要让我感到… |
[55:45] | – Now you’re abandoning her for this… – Joey, don’t you go any further. | – 现在,你为了这个女人要抛弃她… – 乔伊,别拉太远了 |
[55:49] | Dad, don’t get upset. Don’t get all riled up. | 爸爸,您别太在意 不要让所有人都难过 |
[55:51] | And don’t think I don’t notice you looking at her in a judgmental, superior way. | 别以为我不知道你看她就像 法官一样高高在上 |
[55:57] | You’re imagining things. | 那是你自己想象的 |
[55:59] | We knew about your affairs before, but your choices were a little more discreet! | 我们知道你在妈妈入院期间的行径 但是你的选择也应该谨慎一点 |
[56:03] | Joey, shut up! Dad, she’s upset. | – 乔伊,闭嘴 – 爸爸,她太紧张了 |
[56:06] | Joey, you know how much your opinion means to me. | 乔伊,你不知道你的看法对我来说有多重要 |
[56:09] | – She’s a vulgarian. – Joey, be quiet! | – 她就是个俗人 – 乔伊,安静点 |
[56:12] | I don’t wanna discuss this. | 我不想说这个 |
[56:14] | I think you should do as you feel, with our blessing. | 我看你还是按着自己的感觉走吧 带着我们的祝福 |
[56:17] | – Joey, I count on you. – I’m sorry. I can’t help it. | – 乔伊,我在忍你 – 抱歉,我控制不了 |
[56:23] | Will you tell him it’s OK? Obviously it’s your approval he needs. | 你告诉他一切都好,行吗? 很显然,他想要你的赞同 |
[56:26] | – He had no trouble getting yours. – It doesn’t mean as much as yours. | – 因为他知道要你同意很容易 – 但是,你不一样 |
[56:30] | I want the support of all my daughters! | 我希望我的女儿都能支持我 |
[56:33] | I’m not just here to make sacrifices and foot the bills. | 我在这里不是仅仅来承担这里的开支 |
[56:37] | It’s time you thought of me! | 现在你们该替我想想了 |
[57:01] | I’m sorry to hurry lunch, | 抱歉,让你吃个午饭急急忙忙的 |
[57:03] | but I wanted you to see this before the place gets cluttered up with people. | 我只是向让你在这被人弄乱之前 看看这个地方 |
[57:11] | When you wrote from Greece you were telling me about | 你从希望给我写信的时候,你告诉我 |
[57:14] | the mosaics in the Orthodox churches. | 东正教堂的镶嵌艺术 |
[57:17] | But look at this, all these mosaics. There, behind the altar. | 你看这里,所有的镶嵌的东西 那,圣坛后面 |
[57:21] | And in a Romanesque church. Isn’t that amazing? | – 在罗马教堂里 – 是不是很棒? |
[57:25] | And look at that. And here in New York. It’s really incredible. | 看那,这里可是纽约,太不可思议了 |
[57:29] | Quite surprising. | 的确是 |
[57:31] | It makes me homesick for our trips. | 这让我很怀念我们的旅行 |
[57:34] | All those churches, you must have seen a lot when you were there. | 所有那些教堂,你在那肯定看了很多 |
[57:38] | – Yes. – Be so marvelous to forget everything | – 没错 – 能忘记所有事情,真是太棒了 |
[57:41] | and take a nice slow trip to the Far East. | 做一次悠闲的远东之旅 |
[57:47] | It might get us back on the right track. | 真希望能让我们回到那里 |
[57:51] | Eve, I said I had something I wanted to say to you. | 伊芙,我有些事要告诉你 |
[57:54] | What? | 什么事? |
[57:57] | I think we should finalize our divorce. | 我想是时候结束我们的婚姻了 |
[58:01] | You do? | 你确定吗? |
[58:02] | Yeah. Sooner or later we’ve got to face reality | 对,我们早晚都得面对现实 |
[58:05] | and try to make new lives for ourselves. | 而且我们应该有自己的新生活 |
[58:09] | It’s very funny, because I thought that’s what might be on your mind. | 很有意思,因为我想这是你所想的 |
[58:15] | – It’s not the end of the world. – It’s not? | – 不会是世界末日的 – 不是吗? |
[58:18] | I think it’s goddamn terrible! | 可是为什么对我来说这么恐怖? |
[58:21] | Eve, everything’s going to be just fine. | 伊芙,任何事情都会变好的 |
[58:25] | Oh, I know that it’s a little… soon perhaps to talk about a reconciliation, | – 我知道会有一点… – 很快可能又要讲和解了 |
[58:30] | but I don’t see why we have to finalize our divorce. | 但我不明白为什么要结束我们的婚姻 |
[58:33] | I don’t see why we can’t just go on the way we are. | 我不明白为什么我们不能继续下去 |
[58:37] | – We should be free to make other plans. – Like what? | – 我们不应该身陷其中 – 该怎么做? |
[58:39] | Well, in the event that we meet other people, become involved. | 我们会遇见其他人,然后发生 一些其他的事 |
[58:45] | – You wanna remarry? Is that it? – I’m not discussing that. | – 你想跟其他女人结婚,对吗? – 我不想谈这个 |
[58:48] | – Have you met someone? – No. | – 你遇见那个人了吗? – 没有 |
[58:50] | Oh, you’re lying. Of course you’ve met someone. Why don’t you be honest? | 你撒谎!你肯定遇上了 你为什么就不能对我诚实? |
[58:54] | – Yes, I have. But if you’re gonna make… – I don’t wanna hear any more. | – 我的确遇上了,但是如果你想… – 我不想听! |
[59:00] | I talked with your doctor. | 我跟你的医生谈过了 |
[59:03] | – You talked to Dr. Lobel behind my back? – Not behind your back. Discreetly. | – 你们在背后谈论我? – 不是在你背后,我们都很小心 |
[59:08] | You’ve discussed this with Dr. Lobel behind my back. It’s so humiliating. | 你跟洛贝尔医生谈这个? 你真会羞辱我 |
[59:13] | Eve, it’s your doctor and myself. Now, how private can one be? | 伊芙,是我和你的医生 一个人能都私密? |
[59:17] | And he assured you that I can handle it. Is that right? How humiliating! | 而且他确信我能处理好,是吗?真可笑 |
[59:22] | You’re not humiliated. | 你一点都不可笑 |
[59:24] | Oh, I just wanna die. | 我真想死了 |
[59:27] | Now stop that. | 不要这样,好吗? |
[59:29] | I just hate my life! | 我恨我自己 |
[59:42] | Oh, I can’t… I can’t breathe! | 哦,我…我快死了 |
[1:00:10] | Flyn! | 芙琳! |
[1:00:12] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:00:14] | Oh. Ahh. Oh, God, it’s good to see you. | 哦,看见你真好 |
[1:00:18] | – No, it’s good to see you. – You look terrific. | – 很高兴看见你 – 你看起来很不错啊 |
[1:00:22] | You really do. That’s a great sweater. | 你也很好啊,穿得真漂亮 |
[1:00:24] | – Oh, no. – It really is. | – 哦,没什么 – 不,真的很漂亮 |
[1:00:26] | – You’ve seen this sweater before. – No, I haven’t. It’s terrific. | – 你见过的 – 没有,太漂亮了 |
[1:00:30] | Are you tanned, Renny? You been somewhere? | 雷妮,你硒黑了吗? 在什么地方去了? |
[1:00:33] | Why? Do I have on too much make-up? | 怎么这么说?我抹的粉太多了吗? |
[1:00:36] | – You’re the one that looks great. – I don’t. I’m heavy. | – 你看起来很漂亮 – 才不是呢,我重了 |
[1:00:39] | No. I’ve gained weight. | 我的体重才增加了呢 |
[1:00:41] | My plane flight was so bumpy, I thought I was gonna die. | 飞机上颠簸得很,我以为快要死了呢 |
[1:00:45] | I made such a fool of myself with the man next to me. Really did. | 让旁边的人看到我出丑了,真的 |
[1:00:50] | – Have you met Pearl? – Yes. She’s not what I expected. | – 你见过珀尔了吗? – 见过了,我不喜欢她 |
[1:00:54] | No. God. God, isn’t it strange being back in the house again? | 噢,天啊,又回到这里难道不奇怪吗? |
[1:00:59] | – Yeah. – Have you spoken with Mother? | – 是啊 – 你和妈妈谈过话了吗? |
[1:01:01] | Oh, yes. We’re gonna have dinner one night this week. | 噢,是啊,这周我们要选一天共进晚餐 |
[1:01:05] | – How’s she holding up? – Better than we expected. Right, Joey? | – 她的精神怎么样? – 比预想得好多了,对吧,乔依? |
[1:01:09] | She took it very badly at first. | 刚开始她感觉很糟糕 |
[1:01:12] | But after the initial shock, she seemed to come out of it. | 不过开始的震惊过后 她看起来好多了 |
[1:01:15] | Joey feels that all of her Jesus Christ nonsense is a help. | 乔依觉得那些基督教的 废话对她有帮助 |
[1:01:20] | – Whatever works. – Hello, Flyn. | – 总有些效果 – 芙琳,你好 |
[1:01:22] | – Michael. Gosh, hi. – Nice to see you. | – 迈克尔,噢,嗨 – 很高兴看到你 |
[1:01:24] | It’s good to see you, too. Joey, you have to tell me what you’re up to. | 我也很高兴,乔依 你得跟我说说你在忙什么 |
[1:01:28] | Yet another job. In an ad agency. | 另一份工作,在一个广告代理处 |
[1:01:31] | – That’s fabulous. – No. But it’s temporary. | – 真不错呢 – 才不是呢,不过只是暂时在那 |
[1:01:34] | Here we are. I made some cocktail franks and meatballs. | 都到了啊,我做了些鸡尾酒肠和肉九 |
[1:01:38] | About time. I’m starved. | 来得正好,我俄了 |
[1:01:39] | We have everything your little heart desires. | 我们能满足你的所有需求 |
[1:01:42] | Good. | 不错 |
[1:01:44] | Are you and Dad staying here or are you gonna take a place in town? | 你和爸爸会住在这里还是 在镇上找个地方? |
[1:01:47] | Well, it’s a little quiet out here, but Arthur loves it. | 噢,这里有点太安静了,不过亚瑟喜欢 |
[1:01:50] | It means redoing so much of the house. | 而且房子得作很多修整 |
[1:01:52] | In what way? | 怎么整? |
[1:01:55] | Oh, I don’t know. There’s just the two of us and it’s kinda pale. | 噢,还不知道呢,只有 我们俩在这儿,有点太白了 |
[1:02:00] | Besides, I have so much furniture and pictures, this place’d be like a warehouse. | 而且,我有很多家具和画 这地方会像个仓库 |
[1:02:04] | Would you like to hear some music? | 想听点音乐吗? |
[1:02:11] | Do I look older? | 我看起来又老了吗? |
[1:02:13] | Older? | 又老了? |
[1:02:15] | Yeah, I mean it. Do you think I look older? | 是啊,你觉得我看起来又老了吗? |
[1:02:18] | No. Why would you think that? | 没有啊,你怎么那么想? |
[1:02:21] | I don’t know. I don’t know, I… | 我不知道,我不知道,我… |
[1:02:24] | I look in the mirror and I feel discouraged. Now I see you and you don’t change at all. | 我从镜子里看自己觉得很沮丧 现在看到你一点没变 |
[1:02:29] | No, you don’t change. Your skin, it’s like cream. Look at your skin. | 你也没改变,你的皮肤还是 像奶油一样光滑,看看你的皮肤 |
[1:02:32] | I work at it. | 我经常保养着 |
[1:02:34] | No, I don’t think that’s it. | 不是,是天生的 |
[1:02:37] | I have a few good years, then my youth will be frozen on celluloid for TV movies. | 还有几年好日子过,然后青春 就会被冻结在电影胶片里 |
[1:02:43] | Come on, Flyn. You’re more than just beautiful. You know you have talent. | 别这样,芙琳,你还是那么漂亮 你知道自己的才华 |
[1:02:47] | – Don’t pump me up. – Why do you say that? | – 别给我打气了 – 怎么这么说? |
[1:02:50] | I know what I am. Look, I’m not treated seriously. | 我知道自己什么样 没人认真考虑我的才华 |
[1:02:55] | When really classy projects come along I get passed over. | 一有真正优秀的电影 他们就不会考虑我 |
[1:02:58] | If it wasn’t for the stupid television industry… | 如果不是为了可笑的电视产业… |
[1:03:01] | You have always been so self-deprecating. You know that. | 你总是这么谦虚,知道吗? |
[1:03:05] | No. | 不是的 |
[1:03:09] | No, you’re the gifted one in this family, Renny. I’m proud of you. | 不是的,你是这个家里很有天分的一员 雷妮,我以你为傲 |
[1:03:18] | I wish you lived here, I really do. Every time I see you, I… | 真希望你住在这里,真的 每次我看见你… |
[1:03:22] | It just reminds me how much I do miss you. | 我才知道我有多么想念你 |
[1:03:31] | How’s Frederick? | 弗雷德里克还好吗? |
[1:03:35] | He’s angry. He’s teaching when he really wants to be writing. | 他很生气,当他想真正写作 的时候却在教书 |
[1:03:41] | Teaching can’t be taught anyway. He’s taking his rage out in these critical pieces | 不需要学习怎样教书,他在 这些关键部分里平息怒气 |
[1:03:46] | under the guise of high standards. | 以高标准为幌子 |
[1:03:50] | I don’t know. I guess I… | 我不知道,我想我… |
[1:03:54] | – I don’t think I’ve been very good for him. – Oh, Renny, he idolizes you. | – 我觉得我对他不够好 – 噢,雷妮,他崇拜你 |
[1:04:02] | – We ought to get back. – No, I think I’m gonna stay a while longer. | – 我们该回去了 – 不,我想再呆一会儿 |
[1:04:08] | OK. I’ll see you back there. | 好吧,等会见 |
[1:04:34] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:04:41] | You know I want you to be happy. I want you both to be happy. | 你知道我希望你快乐 希望你们俩都快乐 |
[1:04:48] | Tell her. | 跟她说 |
[1:04:50] | Tell Pearl. | 告诉珀尔 |
[1:04:55] | I know she puts on a gay facade, but… she knows how you feel. | 她看起来很快乐,但… 她知道你的感觉 |
[1:05:02] | Tell her. | 跟她说说 |
[1:05:05] | Will you? | 好吗? |
[1:05:08] | OK. | 好吧 |
[1:05:54] | You look deep in thought. | 你像是在沉思 |
[1:05:56] | I’m deep in vodka. | 我沉在伏特加里 |
[1:06:01] | Would you help me get my boots off? | 能帮我脱下靴子吗? |
[1:06:05] | That’s the best offer I had all year. | 那是今年最好的提议了 |
[1:06:09] | I paid 200 bucks for these boots and they kill my feet. | 我花了两百元买靴子,它们穿着真难受 |
[1:06:23] | I did a terrible thing last week. | 上周我做了件糟糕的事 |
[1:06:26] | I wrote about this friend’s book. Not a very good book. | 我写了关于这个朋友的书的评论 不是一本好书 |
[1:06:30] | I pointed that out. Which is what I was getting paid to do. | 我在评论里提出来了 别人付我工资让我做 |
[1:06:38] | But I was extremely cruel about it. | 但是我写得特别无情 |
[1:06:42] | And I took great pleasure in my cruelty. | 而我很享受我的无情 |
[1:06:47] | My anger scares me. | 我害怕自己的愤怒 |
[1:06:52] | I don’t like what I’m becoming. | 我不喜欢自己将要成为的样子 |
[1:06:56] | I happen to think you’re a very impressive person. | 我正好觉得你是个很有魅力的人 |
[1:06:59] | Oh. I think you have very impressive feet. | 噢,我觉得你有双有魅力的脚 |
[1:07:04] | And I happen to think you’re very drunk. | 我刚好觉得你喝醉了 |
[1:07:07] | Come on, not yet. | 噢,别那么说,我没有醉 |
[1:07:09] | Yes. Thank you. | 你醉了,谢谢 |
[1:07:53] | We are gathered together here in the presence of this company | 今天我们聚在这里见证 |
[1:07:57] | to join this man and this woman in the bonds of matrimony. | 这个男人和这个女人结合在一起 |
[1:08:02] | Arthur, will you have this woman as your wedded wife, | 亚桑,你愿意这个女人 成为你的妻子吗? |
[1:08:06] | to live together in the ordinances and estate of matrimony? | 与她结为夫妻 |
[1:08:09] | Will you love her, comfort her, | 爱她,照顾她 |
[1:08:12] | honor and keep her in sickness and in health, | 无论生老病死都草重她,爱护她 |
[1:08:15] | and, forsaking all others, keep you only unto her so long as you both do live? | 一生不离不弃,一心一意吗? |
[1:08:21] | I will. | 我愿意 |
[1:08:23] | Pearl, will you have this man as your wedded husband, | 珀尔,你愿意这个男人成为你的丈夫 |
[1:08:27] | to live together in the ordinances and estate of matrimony? | 与他结为夫妻吗? |
[1:08:30] | Will you love him, comfort him, | 爱他,照顾他 |
[1:08:33] | honor and keep him in sickness and in health, | 无论生老病死都草重她,爱护她 |
[1:08:36] | and, forsaking all others, keep you only unto him so long as you both do live? | 一生不离不弃,一心一意吗? |
[1:08:42] | I will. | 我愿意 |
[1:08:44] | In as much as Arthur and Pearl have consented together in wedlock, | 亚桑与珀尔都同意结为夫妇 |
[1:08:48] | and have witnessed the same before this company, | 在大家的见证下 |
[1:08:50] | and thereto have pledged each to the other, | 互相许了盟誓 |
[1:08:53] | and have declared the same by joining of hands, | 作了相同的宣言的情况下 |
[1:08:56] | I, in accordance with the authority invested in me | 我,根据授权于我的 |
[1:08:58] | by the law of the State of New York, | 在纽约州法的监督下 |
[1:09:00] | do announce that they are husband and wife. | 在此宣布他们成为夫妻 |
[1:09:07] | You may kiss the bride. | 你可以亲吻新娘了 |
[1:09:11] | Well, Arthur, friends… | 好了,亚桑,我的朋友… |
[1:09:16] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[1:09:29] | Jesus. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him dance before in his life. | 天啊,我以前可没看他跳过舞 |
[1:09:44] | Ow. | 喔 |
[1:09:47] | OK. Don’t forget. | 好的,可别忘了 |
[1:10:00] | – Let me get you some champagne. – That would be perfect. | – 我给你拿些香槟 – 好的 |
[1:10:05] | Come on, baby. | 亲爱的,来吧 |
[1:10:14] | Oh, my! | 哦,天啊 |
[1:12:28] | Jesus Christ, be careful! | 上帝啊,小心些! |
[1:12:32] | – You’ve had too much to drink. – Just cos I don’t act like an animal! | – 你喝得太多了 – 我可没像动物一样得表演 |
[1:12:36] | – That’s enough! – Oh, please! Just leave me alone! | – 够了! – 噢,求你,让我一个人呆会儿 |
[1:14:18] | What? | 怎么了? |
[1:14:38] | Oh, Frederick, you’re drunk. | 噢,弗雷德里克,你醉了 |
[1:14:46] | C’mon. You’re always flirting with me. | 别这样,你总是喜欢与我调情 |
[1:14:51] | No. | 不是 |
[1:14:52] | Yes. You flirt. You like to be looked at. | 是的,你在卖弄风情,你喜欢被盯着看 |
[1:14:56] | Otherwise you don’t exist, except in somebody else’s eyes. | 你只能存活于别人的眼里 |
[1:15:03] | Stop it, Frederick. You’re drunk. | 弗雷德里克,别这样,你醉了 |
[1:15:06] | No, I’m celebrating. You got a new mother. She’s a hot number. | 不,我是在庆祝,你有了个新妈妈 她是个奔放的女人 |
[1:15:12] | Can’t you feel the heat? | 你感觉不到我的心跳吗? |
[1:15:14] | No. | 感觉不到 |
[1:15:18] | It’s been such a long time since I made love to a woman I didn’t feel inferior to. | 有多长时间没有和一个 我不觉得卑下的女人做爱了 |
[1:15:23] | Or am I being tactless? | 还是我不够熟练? |
[1:17:18] | Mother? | 妈? |
[1:17:21] | Is that you? | 是你吗? |
[1:17:30] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不该在这儿 |
[1:17:34] | Not tonight. | 至少不是今晚 |
[1:17:42] | I’ll take you home. | 我要带你回家 |
[1:17:48] | You look so strange and tired. | 看起来你很奇怪,很疲倦 |
[1:17:56] | I feel like we’re in a dream together. | 我觉得我们都在梦中 |
[1:18:03] | Please don’t look so sad. | 别看上去那么悲伤 |
[1:18:11] | It makes me feel so guilty. | 那会让我觉得很内疚 |
[1:18:16] | I’m so consumed with guilt. | 我要被内疚感淹没了 |
[1:18:25] | It’s ironic… | 真讽刺… |
[1:18:29] | because, uh… I’ve cared for you so… | 呃…我尽心照顾你… |
[1:18:35] | And you have nothing but disdain for me, and yet I feel guilty. | 而你却瞧不起我,就算如此 我还是感到内疚 |
[1:18:45] | I think you’re… really too perfect | 我觉得你…真的很完美 |
[1:18:50] | to live in this world. | 在这个世界上 |
[1:18:53] | I mean, all the… beautifully furnished rooms, | 我是说,那些…装饰美丽的房间 |
[1:19:00] | carefully-designed interiors, everything’s so controlled. | 精心设计的内部,一切都被妥排好了 |
[1:19:06] | There wasn’t any room for any real feelings. | 没有一些真正的感情 |
[1:19:13] | None. | 一点没有 |
[1:19:16] | Between any of us. | 在我们之间 |
[1:19:19] | Except Renata, | 除了蕾娜达 |
[1:19:26] | who never gave you the time of day. | 她没跟你待在一起 |
[1:19:32] | You worship Renata. | 而你崇拜她 |
[1:19:37] | You worship talent. | 你崇拜才华 |
[1:19:41] | Well, what happens to those of us who can’t create? | 好吧,那些我们中不能创造的人会发生什么 |
[1:19:46] | What do we do? What do I do, when I’m overwhelmed with feelings about life? | 而我们该怎么办呢?我该做些什么 当我被生活中的感情淹没的时候? |
[1:19:54] | How do I get them out? | 我该怎么摆脱呢? |
[1:19:57] | I feel such rage toward you! | 我讨厌你! |
[1:20:04] | Oh, Mother. | 噢,妈妈 |
[1:20:06] | Don’t you see? | 你还不明白吗? |
[1:20:12] | You’re… not just a sick woman. | 你…不光是个病人 |
[1:20:18] | That would be too easy. | 那太简单了 |
[1:20:25] | The truth is… | 其实… |
[1:20:28] | there’s been perverseness | 你太刚愎自用 |
[1:20:32] | and willfulness of attitude | 任性无常 |
[1:20:35] | in many of the things you’ve done. | 在做很多事情的时候 |
[1:20:41] | At the centre of a sick psyche there is a sick spirit. | 在你不健康的心中,有一个病态的灵魂 |
[1:20:53] | But I love you. | 不过我还是爱你 |
[1:20:59] | And we have no other choice but to forgive each other. | 我们别无选择,只有宽怒彼此 |
[1:21:05] | – Are you talking to someone? – Yes, uh… | – 你在和谁说话吗? – 是的,呃… |
[1:21:07] | I thought I heard voices. | 我想我听见有人说话 |
[1:21:10] | – Mother? – Yes? | – 妈妈? – 怎么了? |
[1:21:12] | What? | 什么怎么了? |
[1:21:14] | You said “mother” and I said “yes”. | 你喊"妈妈"我回答了 |
[1:21:19] | Mother? | 妈妈? |
[1:21:47] | Mother! | 妈妈! |
[1:21:54] | Mother! | 妈妈! |
[1:28:12] | After the funeral service, we all returned to the beach house. | 葬礼过后,我们都回到了海滨别墅 |
[1:28:18] | I couldn’t help experiencing some very nostalgic memories. | 我不自禁地会怀念起 |
[1:28:24] | Naturally, of my mother… | 毫无疑问,我的妈妈… |
[1:28:28] | and, pleasantly, of the few warmer moments we’d known. | 还有,一些我们都分享过的温暖的时刻 |
[1:28:34] | I recalled how beautiful she was, dressing to go out for the evening with my father. | 我想起她很漂亮,精心打扮后 晚上和爸爸一起出去 |
[1:28:42] | And of how Renata looked up to her, and her ideas about art. | 还有蕾娜达如何像她看齐 以及她的关于艺术的想法 |
[1:28:49] | And how Flyn was so impressed as a tiny girl | 还有芙琳小时候多么兴奋 |
[1:28:54] | when Mother decorated a Christmas tree. | 当看见妈妈装饰一棵圣诞树的时候 |
[1:28:59] | I felt compelled to write these thoughts down. | 我觉得必须得把这些想法都记下来 |
[1:29:05] | They seemed very powerful to me. | 它们压得我喘不过气 |
[1:29:27] | Water’s so calm. | 水面很平静 |
[1:29:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:29:35] | It’s very peaceful. | 很妥静 |