英文名称:Inherent Vice
年代:2014
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | 压制请保留译者署名 | |
[00:26] | 加利福尼亚州 戈蒂塔海滩 1970年 | |
[00:33] | She came along the alley and up the back stairs the way she always used to. | 她顺着小巷走过来 爬上后门楼梯 就像过去一样 |
[00:39] | Doc hadn’t seen her in over a year. | 多克已经有一年多没见过她了 |
[00:41] | Nobody had. | 没人见过 |
[00:44] | Back then it was always sandals… | 她过去总穿凉鞋 |
[00:46] | …bottom half of a flower-print bikini… | 下半身印花比基尼 |
[00:49] | …and a faded Country Joe and the Fish T-shirt. | 加上乡巴佬和鱼乐队的褪色T恤 |
[00:53] | Tonight, she was all in flatland gear… | 今晚她却完全是一副平原地区的打扮 |
[00:56] | …hair a lot shorter than he remembered… | 头发比他记忆中的短很多 |
[00:58] | …looking just like she swore she would never look. | 看上去就像她自己所不齿为之的那副模样 |
[01:09] | Psst. | 喂 |
[01:16] | That you, Shasta? | 是你吗 莎斯塔? |
[01:23] | Thinks he’s hallucinating. | 以为有幻觉了吧 |
[01:26] | No, just a new package, I guess. | 只是这身新行头 我猜 |
[01:41] | I need your help, Doc. | 要你帮个忙 多克 |
[01:45] | You know I have an office now? It’s like a day job and everything. | 你知道我现在有办公室吧?就像那种白天上班的人 |
[01:50] | I looked in the phone book and almost went over there. | 我查了电话簿 差一点就去那里了 |
[01:54] | Then I thought better for everyone if this looks like a secret rendezvous. | 不过我又想 这地方看起来挺隐秘 对我们都好 |
[01:59] | Is somebody keeping a close eye? | 有人跟踪你? |
[02:03] | Just spent an hour on surface streets trying to make it look good. | 刚刚在马路上花了一个小时 希望是没盯梢的 |
[02:13] | Uh… | 呃… |
[02:16] | You want a beer? | 想喝啤酒吗? |
[02:19] | How about a beer? You want a beer? | 来点啤酒吧?喝啤酒吗? |
[02:21] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[02:27] | Uh… | 呃.. |
[02:37] | There’s this guy. | 我有个男人 |
[02:40] | Gentleman of the straight-world persuasion? | 正儿八经的绅士吧? |
[02:49] | Okay, Doc. | 好吧 多克 |
[02:53] | He’s married. | 他结婚了 |
[02:57] | Some, uh, money situation? | 和…钱有关吧? |
[03:03] | And the wife, uh, she knows about you? | 人家妻子知道你了? |
[03:05] | She’s seeing somebody too. | 她外面也有人 |
[03:07] | But it’s not just the usual. | 但不是那种普通情夫 |
[03:09] | I think they’re working on some creepy, little scheme. | 他们正在一起策划阴谋诡计 |
[03:12] | To make off with the hubby’s fortune? | 卷着老公的钱跑路 是吧? |
[03:15] | Yeah, I think I’ve heard of that happening once or twice. | 我听说过一两桩这种事 |
[03:20] | And you want me to do, uh, what exactly? | 那么…你究竟想让我做什么? |
[03:26] | Is they want me in on it. | 他们想拉我入伙 |
[03:30] | They think I’m the one who can reach him when he’s vulnerable. | 他们认为我是那种可以在他软弱的时候 接近他的人 |
[03:33] | Or as much as he ever gets. | 或者说尽可能没提防时 |
[03:37] | Bare-ass and asleep. | 光屁股睡觉时 |
[03:39] | I knew you’d understand. | 我就知道你懂的 |
[03:43] | Are you still trying to figure out if it’s right or wrong? | 你还在琢磨这是对是错吗 莎斯塔? |
[03:53] | Worse than that. | 比这还糟 |
[03:58] | How much loyalty I owe him. | 我在考虑自己欠他多少忠心 |
[04:01] | Groovy. | 很好 |
[04:04] | All right… | 那好 |
[04:05] | …emotions aside, let’s look at the rent. | 不谈感情 我们谈谈钱 |
[04:09] | How much of, uh, your rent’s he been picking up? | 你的房租他出多少? |
[04:11] | – All of it. – Pretty, uh, hefty? | – 全部 – 挺贵的吧? |
[04:15] | For Hancock Park? | 租的房子在汉科克公园(洛杉矶最奢华的富人区之一) |
[04:16] | You’re giving him IOUs for everything, of course. | 当然 你从他那里得到的一切都是靠打欠条 |
[04:19] | You fucker. If I had known you were still this bitter… | 我操 要是早知道你还是这么刻薄… |
[04:22] | Me? I’m trying to be professional, is all. | 我?只是想做得专业一点 仅此而已 |
[04:27] | All right. | 好吧,那么… |
[04:29] | How much have the, uh, wifey and boyfriend offered to cut you in for? | 那个老婆和男友拖你下水 出什么价? |
[04:37] | It isn’t what you’re thinking. | 不是你想的那样 多克 |
[04:38] | Don’t worry. Thinking comes later. | 别急 可以过会再想 |
[04:43] | What else? | 还有啥? |
[04:48] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[04:50] | It sounds like they wanna commit him to a loony bin. | 但听上去他们打算把他关进疯人院 |
[04:57] | Back when they were together… | 在过去 她能几个星期都没啥复杂表情 |
[04:59] | …she could go weeks without anything more complicated than a pout. | 顶多撅一下嘴 |
[05:04] | Now she was laying some heavy combination of face ingredients… | 现在她让他看到的 是面部各种表情的结合 |
[05:07] | …on Doc that he couldn’t read at all. | 以至于他根本就读不懂 |
[05:11] | Argh. Fuck. | 啊 该死 |
[05:13] | Come to think of it, there’d never been this much sorrow in her voice. | 再想想 他从没听过她的声音中浮着这么多忧愁 |
[05:19] | Heard you’re seeing someone downtown? | 听说你在和下城某个女人约会? |
[05:21] | Penny? | 你是说佩妮? |
[05:24] | Some kind of junior DA? | 她是初级检察官吧? |
[05:26] | Yeah, you think, uh, somebody down there could stop this before it happens? | 对 你认为那里的人可以阻止这件事的发生? |
[05:31] | Not too many places I could go with this, Doc. | 碰到这种事情我也没几个地方能去 多克 |
[05:41] | I’ll talk to Penny. | 好吧 我会和佩妮谈谈 |
[05:43] | See what we can see. | 看看能怎么办 |
[05:46] | Your happy couple, they have names? | 你那对幸福小情侣 你知道他们叫什么吧? |
[05:51] | It’s Mickey Wolfmann. | 是米奇·乌尔夫曼 |
[05:56] | Who’s always in the paper? The real-estate big shot? | 那个经常上报纸的地产巨鳄? |
[06:00] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:05] | Can’t tell anyone about this, Doc. | 你不能把这事告诉任何人 多克 |
[06:10] | Oh. | 哦 |
[06:11] | Huh. | 好的 |
[06:13] | Deaf and dumb, part of my job. | 装聋作哑是我们的职业要求 |
[06:17] | How do I reach you? | 我怎么联系你? |
[06:21] | You don’t. | 你不要联系我 |
[06:23] | I moved out of my old place. Staying where I can anymore. | 我从原来的住处搬出来了 待在我还能待的地方 |
[06:27] | Don’t ask. | 不要多问 |
[06:31] | There’s room here. | 这里有地方 |
[06:35] | Walk me down to my car? | 送我出去好吗? |
[06:41] | Someone might be watching. | 可能有人盯梢 |
[06:51] | – You never did let me down, Doc. – Don’t worry. I’ll… | – 你从来没让我失望过 多克 – 别急,我会… |
[06:54] | No, I mean, really. Ever. | 不 真的 你从来没有 |
[06:57] | Sure I did. | 我当然让你失望过 |
[06:59] | No. You were always true. | 没有 你总是那么可靠 |
[07:07] | You know, you don’t have to go. | 其实 你不必这么着急走 |
[07:09] | Watch your toes. | 小心你的脚 |
[07:39] | 性 本 恶 | |
[07:52] | Doc ran through all the things he hadn’t asked Shasta. | 多克回想了一遍没有说出口的问题 |
[07:55] | Like how much she’d come to depend on… | 比如:她究竟有多依赖 |
[07:57] | Wolfmann’s guaranteed level of ease and power. | 米奇许诺的便利和权势? |
[08:01] | And least askable of all: | 最问不出口的问题 |
[08:04] | How passionately did she really feel about old Mickey? | 是她对老米奇到底有多少真正的激情? |
[08:11] | – Hey, what’s up, Doc? – Hey, Denis. | – 你好啊 多克 – 嗨 丹尼斯 |
[08:13] | What’s up, man? What’s going on? Doing all right? | 你怎么样,一切都还好吧? |
[08:16] | Doc knew the likely reply: | 多克知道答案很可能是 |
[08:19] | “I love him. What else?” | 一句“我爱他” 还能是什么? |
[08:21] | With the unspoken footnote… | 虽然大家都心知肚明 |
[08:23] | …that the word these days was being way too overused. | 这句话现如今早被滥用了 |
[08:27] | What you looking at? | 你在看什么呢? |
[08:35] | You hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[08:36] | Like Godzilla says to Mothra, man: | 偷句哥斯拉跟摩斯拉讲的台词 |
[08:38] | “Let’s go eat someplace.” | 咱们找个地方吞东西吧 |
[08:40] | So when Doc and Denis came in that night… | 当那晚多克和丹尼斯来吃饭时 |
[08:43] | …it wasn’t just the usual hungry doper thing. | 并不只像普通的饥饿瘾君子那样 |
[08:46] | It was something else. | 而是还带着其他一些什么 |
[08:48] | And with Neptune moving at last out of the Scorpio death-trip… | 海王星终于移出了天蝎宫的死亡带 |
[08:52] | …and rising into the Sagittarian light of the higher mind… | 它正在升起 进入拥有更高级思维的射手座的照耀 |
[08:56] | …it was bound to be something love-related. | 一定是关于爱 |
[08:59] | And I thought I knew what it was. | 我想我的确知道 |
[09:02] | So…? | 怎么了? |
[09:05] | She stuck her head in for a minute. | 她今晚来找我了 |
[09:08] | You feeling broken up? | 你难过了? |
[09:10] | Kind of weird seeing her again, you know? | 感觉确实有点奇怪 |
[09:13] | Yeah, I figured next time I saw her, it’d be on the tube. | 我还以为再见到她会是在电视上 |
[09:16] | Not in person. | 而不是真人呢 |
[09:20] | – Well, you’d better do something about this. – Heh. | – 最好还是弄弄你这头发 – 呵 |
[09:22] | Yeah, again? | 又来? |
[09:24] | Can’t tell you enough: Change your hair, change your life. | 我跟你唠叨不够 改变发型 改变人生 |
[09:26] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[09:28] | Mm. Well, what do you recommend? | 好吧 你有什么建议啊? |
[09:31] | It’s up to you. | 这得看你 |
[09:32] | Follow your intuition. | 跟着你的直觉走 |
[09:49] | Hello? | 你好 |
[09:50] | Hey, Aunt Reet? | 里特姨妈 |
[09:53] | – Hello? – Yes, honey. Make it quick. | – 你好? – 亲爱的 你有话快说 |
[09:56] | I got a live one tonight, and I totally fucked up my face. | 今晚我要上直播节目 化妆却搞得一团糟 |
[09:59] | Aw. Oh, okay. Mickey Wolfmann, what can you tell me? | 哦…关于米奇·乌尔夫曼 你知道多少? |
[10:04] | Powerhouse in L.A. real estate. | 洛杉矶房地产巨头 |
[10:06] | From the desert to the sea. | 从沙漠到海洋都是他的地盘 |
[10:09] | Technically Jewish, but wants to be a Nazi. | 严格来说是犹太人 却偏偏想当个纳粹 |
[10:12] | What’s he to you? | 你怎么招惹上他了? |
[10:14] | Possible case. | 有个案子可能跟他有关 |
[10:15] | Let’s say I wanted to hang out and rap with this Wolfmann. | 如果我想把这个乌尔夫曼约出来 聊个天怎么办? |
[10:19] | Say it’s a really bad idea. | 这行不通吧 |
[10:22] | He goes around with a dozen bikers, mostly Aryan Brotherhood alumni. | 他走到哪里 身边都有十几个骑摩托的保镖跟着 大多是雅利安兄弟会的流氓 |
[10:26] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. | 哇,等等 |
[10:28] | I flunked Social Studies… | 虽然我总是翘社会研究课 |
[10:30] | …but, uh, Jews and Aryan Brotherhood… | 但是雅利安兄弟会… |
[10:32] | …isn’t there something about hatred? | 跟犹太人没有仇恨吗? |
[10:34] | No. Mickey’s eccentric. More and more lately. | 不是 米奇这人非常难以捉摸 最近越来越是如此 |
[10:38] | I’d say, stoned out of his fucking mind since he discovered drugs. | 要我说 就是嗑药磕傻了 |
[10:42] | No offense to you, Doc. | 我倒不是说你 多克 |
[10:46] | So where would I, uh, find him? Like accidentally? | 我该怎么做就能“碰巧遇上”他? |
[10:50] | Try the Channel View Estates, his latest insult to the environment. | 去峡景地产找找看 那是他糟蹋环境的最新大作 |
[10:54] | The one that Bigfoot Bjornsen does the commercials for? | 就是那个比格福特·伯强生做广告的地方? |
[10:57] | – That’s the one. – Uh-huh. | – 没错,就是那个 – 哦 |
[10:59] | Maybe your old cop buddy’s the one who should be taking care of your case. | 也许你的警察哥们才是该处理这件事的人 |
[11:04] | Yeah, well, I did think about going to Bigfoot with this… | 我确实这么想过 |
[11:07] | …but just as I reached for the phone, history and all, I thought: | 只是当我刚想打起电话的时候 就想起过往种种不愉快… |
[11:13] | – Well, maybe you’re better off with the Nazis. – Heh. | – 好吧 也许你找纳粹更好一些 – 哈 |
[11:17] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[11:18] | I got major liquid-liner issues. I gotta get off now, Larry. | 好了 我要弄液体眼线笔 先挂了啊 拉里 |
[11:22] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:24] | Morning, Sam. | 早上好 |
[11:26] | Hey, man. | 嘿 兄弟 |
[11:28] | I don’t want you paying rent. | 我可不要你们交租金 |
[11:29] | Rent’s a hassle. I wanna see you in your own pad… | 交租金多麻烦 我要你们拥有自己的寓所 |
[11:33] | Howdy, Bigfoot. | 你好啊 比格福特 |
[11:34] | …at Channel View Estates… | 峡景地产 |
[11:36] | …Artesia’s newest and grooviest residential housing development. | 是阿特希亚最新最时髦的房地产产业 |
[11:39] | No buzzkill credit checks. | 没有恼人的信贷审查 |
[11:41] | No rip-off minimum down payments. That’s not your bag. | 更没有最低首付款 这些都无关紧要 |
[11:45] | But check this out: | 听好了: |
[11:47] | Fully-equipped kitchen with automatic self-cleaning oven and breakfast nook. | 设备齐全的厨房 全自动清洁的烤箱 |
[11:51] | Out of sight. | 还有隐蔽设计的早餐台 |
[11:53] | Attached one-car and available two-car garage. | 加上两辆车也放得下的双位车库 |
[11:56] | And best of all… | 最棒的是 |
[11:58] | …a view of the Dominguez Flood Control Channel… | 从窗外看出去的多明古兹防洪峡的美景 |
[12:00] | …that can only be described in two words: | 只能用三个字形容 |
[12:03] | Right on. | 棒极了 |
[12:05] | So, what’s all this now? | 这是怎么一回事? |
[12:12] | What’s up, Doc? | 多克,你好啊 |
[12:14] | What…? | 什么? |
[12:18] | “Michael Wolfmann, one of Los Angeles’s most prominent real estate developers… | 米奇·乌尔夫曼 洛杉矶最著名的房地产商人之一 |
[12:22] | …announced at a Wednesday press conference… | 在周三的新闻发布会上宣布 |
[12:24] | …he’s proceeding with construction of several housing developments… | 继续在市内开发住宅区的计划 |
[12:28] | …the most immediate to be Channel View Estates. | 最先开工的是峡景地产… |
[12:30] | – Hey, Doc. – Howdy. | – 你好 多克 – 你好 |
[12:32] | Cop came around last night looking for you again. | 昨天晚上警察又去你家里找你了 |
[12:35] | – Bigfoot? – Yeah. That’s the one. | – 比格福特吗? – 没错 就是他 |
[12:37] | Huh. | 哈 |
[12:39] | I wonder why he didn’t kick in my door like usual. | 他为什么不像平常一样把我大门踢开? |
[12:41] | He might’ve been thinking about it, but said something like, “Tomorrow’s another day.” | 他好像想踢来着 但又说了句“明天也不迟” |
[12:46] | Which would be today, right? | 那就是今天了 对吧? |
[12:49] | Not if I can help it. | 最好别来 |
[12:52] | All right, “Wolfmann, known for his outlandish advertising… | 继续…乌尔夫曼以他的奇怪的宣传方式 |
[12:56] | …and aggressive style, has been… | 和极具攻击性的风格闻名 |
[12:59] | …involved in the Southern California real estate market…” | 在过去的23年中 |
[13:02] | …for the past 23 fucking years, you know. | 积极投身于南加州房地产啥啥啥乱七八糟的 |
[13:08] | – Morning, Doc. – Hey. Morning, Petunia. | – 早上好 多克 – 你好 皮图尼娅 |
[13:10] | – I love your Afro. Uh-huh. – Oh, yeah? Thank you. | – 我喜欢你的埃弗罗发型 – 是吗?谢谢 |
[13:13] | Oh, Doc. You have someone waiting in your office. | 多克 你办公室里有访客等你 |
[13:19] | – Doctor. | – 医生你好 – 你好 – Doctor. |
[13:24] | Hey, man. Sorry to, uh, keep you waiting. | 你好 抱歉让你久等了 |
[13:29] | – Dr. Sportello? – That’s right. What it is, my brother. | – 你是斯波特罗吗? – 对,你是…? |
[13:32] | Peace. I’m Tariq Khalil. | 你好 我是塔里克·卡里 |
[13:35] | Cool. | 好的 |
[13:37] | Sit down. | 请坐吧 |
[13:43] | What’s up, man? How can I help you today? | 你来找我 是有什么事啊? |
[13:45] | There’s this white boy I was in the joint with. Aryan Brotherhood. | 有个白小子跟我一起坐牢 雅利安兄弟会的 |
[13:50] | We did some business, and, uh, now we’re both out and he still owes me. | 我们在监狱里做了笔交易 现在我们都出来了 他还欠我钱 |
[13:54] | I can’t tell you the details, but it’s a whole lot of money. | 这事我不能细说 总之是很大一笔钱 |
[13:58] | Mm. How about his name? | 好吧 他叫什么名字? |
[14:00] | Glen Charlock. | 格伦·夏洛克 |
[14:02] | Mm-hm. And, urn, you know where he’s staying now? | 好吧 你知道现在这人在什么地方吗? |
[14:07] | I know where he works. | 只知道他的老板是谁 |
[14:09] | He’s a bodyguard for this builder named Wolfmann. | 他在给一个叫米奇·乌尔夫曼的人当保镖 |
[14:20] | If you don’t mind my asking, Mr. Khalil, how’d you hear about me? | 如果你不介意的话 卡里先生 我想问问 你是从哪儿知道我做侦探的? |
[14:24] | Sledge. Sledge Poteet. | 斯雷奇·泼提特跟我说的 |
[14:27] | Wow. | 哦 |
[14:28] | Blast from the past. Far out. | 都是过去的事情了 |
[14:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:31] | He said you helped him out of a situation back in ’67. | 他说你在67年的时候帮过他忙 |
[14:35] | First time I got shot at. | 那是第一次有人冲我开枪 |
[14:37] | If you don’t mind an obvious question… | 我再问个显而易见的问题 |
[14:39] | …you, uh, know where this Glen Charlock works. | 既然你知道这个格伦在哪儿工作 |
[14:42] | Why not, uh, just go over there and look him up directly? | 为什么不直接去问他 而要找我这个中间人? |
[14:45] | Well, because Wolfmann likes to surround himself with the Aryan Brotherhood. | 因为乌尔夫曼由一些雅利安兄弟会的人 |
[14:49] | Day and night. | 全天守护 |
[14:51] | And, see, outside of Glen, I ain’t never liked the company of Nazis. | 除了格伦 我和其他那些纳粹王八蛋都无法和睦相处 |
[14:56] | Mm-hm. So, uh, send some white guy to get his head hammered? | 所以你就送我这个白人去 让我的脑袋被砸烂? |
[15:01] | – More or less. – Mm. | – 就这意思吧 – 嗯 |
[15:04] | Now when you were inside, were you in a gang? | 你在监狱里混帮派吗? |
[15:07] | The Black Guerrilla Family. | 黑人游击队家庭 |
[15:10] | And you say you did business with who now? The Aryan Brotherhood? | 然后你还跟雅利安兄弟会的人做交易? |
[15:15] | Listen… | 你看 |
[15:17] | …we found we share some of the similar opinions about the U.S. government. | 我们对美国政府的很多看法都一致 |
[15:21] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[15:22] | I can dig. | 哦 了解了 |
[15:26] | There’s something else? | 还有别的原因吗? |
[15:28] | Matter of fact, there is. | 事实上 有的 |
[15:32] | My old street gang. The Artesia Crips. | 我过去混的街头帮派是阿特希亚会 |
[15:35] | See, when I came home from Chino… | 出狱后我回去找他们 |
[15:37] | …I looked for them and found it ain’t just them gone… | 发现他们人都不在了 |
[15:40] | …but the whole damn turf itself. | 帮会地盘都没了 |
[15:43] | What do you mean “gone”? | 你说“不在了”是什么意思? |
[15:44] | Man, I’m talking not there. | 就是不在了 |
[15:47] | Ground up into little pieces. Seagulls picking all over it. | 全被碾成碎片 海鸥在上面啄食 |
[15:50] | Man, I thought I was tripping. | 我还以为肯定是自己嗑药的幻觉 |
[15:52] | Got in my car, I drove around, came back, still gone. | 就开车兜了一圈 回去再看 还是什么都没有 |
[15:56] | Nothing. Nobody. Just a ghost town. | 没有人 也没有东西 就像一座鬼城 |
[16:00] | With a big sign that said, Corning to this site soon. | 除了一个大标牌 上面写着“此处即将启用” |
[16:04] | – With a big-ass ugly picture of some houses. – Mm-hm. | – 带着那种狗屎的天价楼盘的图片 – 嗯 |
[16:08] | – And guess who the builder is? – Let me guess… | – 你猜猜是哪个建筑商? – 我猜… |
[16:10] | Wolfmann again. | 又是乌尔夫曼 |
[16:13] | Okay. Can you show me up here on the map? | 你能给我在地图上指一下吗? |
[16:17] | Long, sad history of L.A. land use. | 这就是洛杉矶漫长而悲伤的土地使用史 |
[16:21] | Mexican families bounced out of Chavez Ravine… | 把墨西哥家族从夏瓦兹峡谷赶出来 |
[16:24] | …to build Dodger Stadium. | 建了座道奇体育场 |
[16:26] | American Indians swept out of Bunker Hill for the Music Center. | 将北美印第安人从邦克山扫地出门 建了个音乐中心 |
[16:30] | And now Tariq’s neighborhood… | 而现在塔里克的家乡 |
[16:33] | …bulldozed aside for Channel View Estates. | 被推土机铲平 让位于峡景地产 |
[18:17] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[18:33] | Hi. I’m Jade. | 你好 我是珍德 |
[18:35] | Welcome to Chick Planet Massage. | 欢迎来到少女星球按摩店 |
[18:37] | Take note of today’s Pussy Eater’s Special, which is good all day till closing time. | 请留意一下今天的“猫咪食客” 一直到打烊都是特价 (猫咪食客=Pussy eater,暗指色情服务) |
[18:41] | – How much is it? – Fourteen ninety-five. | – 多少钱呀? – 都是十四块九毛五 |
[18:45] | Well, not that 14.95 ain’t a totally groovy price… | 倒不是说价钱不公道 |
[18:48] | …but I’m trying to locate this guy who works for Mr. Wolfmann. | 不过我来 其实是为了找一个为乌尔夫曼工作的人 |
[18:51] | Oh, does he eat pussy? | 他也是猫咪食客吗? |
[18:53] | Fella named Glen Charlock? | 这家伙叫格伦·夏洛克 |
[18:55] | Oh, sure, Glen. He comes in here. He eats pussy. | 哦 格伦啊 他常常来这儿 他也是猫咪食客 |
[18:58] | Well, Glen and I were in Chino around the same time. You seen him today? | 我们都在奇诺监狱待过 你今天见过他吗? |
[19:01] | Are you a cop? | 你是警察吗? |
[19:03] | Nope. | 不是 |
[19:05] | The reason I ask is if you were a cop… | 我之所以问 是因为如果你是警察 |
[19:07] | …you’d be entitled to a free preview of our special. | 就可以免费预览今天的猫咪食客节目哦 |
[19:10] | Well, how about a licensed Pl? | 我是有执照的私家侦探 算吗? |
[19:13] | Hey, Bambi! | 班比! |
[19:19] | Oh, my… | 哦 天啊 |
[19:23] | Oh, do…? Um… | 哦…怎么…? |
[19:25] | Where do we, um…? | 我们莫非要在这里… |
[19:30] | Not you, Bong Brain. | 不是跟你 呆瓜 |
[19:33] | See, I thought here, where it says Pussy Eater’s Special… | 这就是我以为的那个?这不是写着猫咪食客吗? |
[19:37] | …is what that means is… | 难道不是…? |
[19:51] | That’s groovy. | 挺不错啊 |
[20:30] | Congratulations, hippie scum. | 恭喜啊 嬉皮流氓 |
[20:33] | And welcome to a world of inconvenience. | 欢迎来到麻烦的世界 |
[20:36] | Well, morning, Sam. | 各位早安 |
[20:39] | Like a bad luck planet in today’s horoscope… | 今日星象中的灾星已经驾到 |
[20:42] | Where’s the old hippie-hating mad dog himself in the flesh: | 站在面前的正是痛恨嬉皮士的疯狗警督 |
[20:46] | Lieutenant Detective Christian F. Bigfoot Bjornsen. | 比格福特·伯强生本人 |
[20:51] | SAG member, John Wayne walk, flattop of Flintstone proportions… | 这个演员工会成员迈着约翰·韦恩的步子 理着摩登原始人的平头 |
[20:55] | and that little evil-shit twinkle in his eye that says “civil rights violations.” | 眼睛闪烁出星星点点邪恶的光芒 仿佛在说“我来侵犯人权啦” |
[21:01] | What’s up, Doc? | 你好啊 多克 |
[21:09] | How about your ex-girlfriend? | 她是你前女友哦? |
[21:12] | Shasta… | 莎斯塔 |
[21:14] | …Fay… | 菲 |
[21:16] | …Hepworth. | 赫本华兹? |
[21:18] | Shasta Fay Hepworth. | 莎斯塔·菲·赫本华兹 |
[21:20] | She is a known intimate of Glen’s employer, Mickey Wolfmann. | 她可是格伦的老板米奇·乌尔夫曼 众所周知的老相好 |
[21:26] | But do you think that Glen and Shasta were… | 但你认为格伦跟莎斯塔有… |
[21:36] | …F-U-C-K-I-N-G-ing? | 次-奥过吗? |
[21:39] | Fucking-ing? | 操过吗? |
[21:42] | Is that why you killed him? | 是不是就因为这你才杀了他? |
[21:45] | – Bigfoot… – How does it make you feel? | – 比格福特… – 你是怎么想的? |
[21:50] | Here you are still carrying the torch… | 你在这里念念不忘 |
[21:52] | …and there she is in the company of all those Nazi lowlifes? | 她却和那些纳粹王八蛋一个个地操啊 |
[21:55] | Keep doing that, Bigfoot. You’re giving me a hard-on. | 继续说呀 比格福特 我都要硬了 |
[21:58] | Tough little wop monkey, as my friend Fatso Judson always says. | 你这个死倔的意大利猴子 就像法特索·加德逊说的一样 (加德逊是电影乱世忠魂中有虐待癖的角色) |
[22:03] | So while suspect, that’s you… | 当嫌疑人——也就是你 |
[22:06] | …is having alleged midday nap so necessary to the hippie lifestyle… | 正在打盹之时 这对于嬉皮士的生活来说是必不可少的午休 |
[22:10] | …some sort of incident occurs in the vicinity of Channel View Estates. | 峡景地产所在地出现枪击事故 |
[22:14] | Firearms are discharged. When the dust settles, we find one Glen Charlock deceased. | 当地发生交火,等一切平息下来后 格伦·夏洛克已经死亡 |
[22:18] | But more compellingly for L.A.P.D. is the man Charlock was supposed to be guarding. | 但是更让我们好奇的是 他本应保护的人 |
[22:23] | Michael Z. Wolfmann has vanished… | 米奇·Z·乌尔夫曼失踪了 |
[22:27] | …giving local law enforcement less than 24 hours… | 这样一来地方执法部门只有不到24小时的时间 |
[22:30] | …before the Feds call it a kidnapping and come in to fuck everything up. | 然后FBI就会说这是绑架 过来把这里搞得鸡飞狗跳 |
[22:34] | So perhaps, Sportello, you can help forestall this… | 斯波特罗 只要你供出你的邪教同伙的名字 |
[22:37] | …by providing the names of the other members of your cult. | 也许可以帮我们避免这一切 你也能解脱了 |
[22:41] | Cult? | 邪教? |
[22:42] | No one would be stupid enough to attempt this alone… | 随便什么人都不会蠢到自己一个人在凶案现场 |
[22:45] | …which suggests some kind of Mansonoid conspiracy. Agree? | 所以这一定是你们某种曼森家族式的阴谋 你说是吧? |
[22:48] | No. | 不是 |
[22:49] | Look, I’ve been referred to… | 听着 洛杉矶时报 |
[22:52] | …more than one time by the L.A. Times… | 已经不止一次 |
[22:55] | …as a Renaissance detective. Okay? | 称赞我是多才多艺的警督了 |
[22:58] | Which means I am many things. | 这就证明我有很多品格 |
[23:01] | One thing I am not is stupid… | 唯一没有的就是愚蠢 |
[23:03] | …so purely out of noblesse oblige, I extend this assumption to cover you as well. | 我现在纯粹出于一种贵人的高尚 才把这个假设加于你的身上… |
[23:08] | What the fuck? | 搞什么鬼? |
[23:09] | Hey, Saunch. | 嘿 索恩乔 |
[23:11] | What’s up, Doc? | 你好 多克 |
[23:12] | You know you have no case here. | 警督 你们没有任何证据 |
[23:14] | So if you’re gonna charge him, you better. | 如果你要起诉他 你最好拿出真东西 |
[23:17] | Otherwise, you have to let him go. | 否则就放了他 |
[23:18] | Remember who this is you’re talking to. That’s Bigfoot Bjornsen. Renaissance cop. | 索恩乔 你不认识这是谁了吗? 这可是多才多艺的伯强生警督哦 |
[23:23] | I know who he is. | 我当然知道 |
[23:25] | So, what’s the beef here, exactly? | 所以 到底是怎么回事? |
[23:29] | It doesn’t have much to do with your specialty, which I understand is marine law? | 跟你没关系 你一个海事律师凑什么热闹 |
[23:34] | We got plenty of crime on the high seas. | 警督 苍茫大海上也是有不少案子的啊 |
[23:37] | Okay, well, so far, we have murder. And kidnapping. | 好吧 现在的指控有谋杀 绑架 |
[23:41] | We can work in pirates if it would make you more comfortable. | 如果你听不惯 也可以当成海盗看 |
[23:44] | Either way, it’s high-profile. | 反正都是重罪 |
[23:45] | Yeah, but, um… | 好吧 但是… |
[23:47] | …given your history of harassment with my client, this’ll never make it to trial. | 根据你对我客户过去种种骚扰的历史 这案子不会上法庭审判的 |
[23:51] | No, I think we could take this to trial… | 事实上我们很有可能把这事捅到法庭 |
[23:54] | …but with our luck, you know, the jury pool will be 99 percent… | 不过倒霉的是在这里招到的陪审团成员99%都会是… |
[23:57] | …hippie. | 嬉皮怪物 |
[23:58] | Unless you change the venue to, like, Orange County. | 你们可以换个地方审啊 去橘子郡之类的地方 |
[24:01] | Not as many hippies there, you know? | 那里的嬉皮可没多少 |
[24:03] | Saunch, who you working for? | 索恩乔 你到底是谁的律师? |
[24:05] | Clients pay me for work, Doc. | 客户雇我做律师可是要给钱的 多克 要给钱啊 多克 Clients pay me for work, Doc. |
[24:10] | So? | 那么,怎么说? |
[24:12] | I’ve decided I’m gonna kick Mr. Sportello. | 我想还是把斯波特罗先生踢走吧 |
[24:15] | You’re gonna kick him? Well, that’s assault. | 你要踢他?这可是人身攻击行为 |
[24:18] | I think it’s police slang, Saunch. It means “out me loose.” | 这是警察的行话 索恩乔 意思是他要放我走 |
[24:21] | I’ll release the suspect at the impound garage. | 我要带嫌疑人去扣押车库释放他 |
[24:23] | Promise? | 真的? |
[24:28] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[25:00] | Apparently, a party of civilians on some training exercise… | 显然有一些市民 |
[25:03] | …in anti-guerrilla warfare. | 正在接受反游击战的演习 |
[25:05] | They assumed that this construction site… | 他们可能认为这个尚未竣工的地产 |
[25:07] | …not yet open for occupancy… | 暂时无人居住 |
[25:09] | …was deserted enough to provide a realistic setting… | 正好可以提供实战的环境 |
[25:12] | …for what we must assume was only a harmless patriotic scenario. | 我们相信这一切只是爱国演习 并没有人员伤亡 |
[25:17] | Tragically, however, live ammunition somehow found its way into these war games… | 遗憾地是 在这场演习中还是出现了伤人的子弹 |
[25:22] | …and tonight, one ex-prison inmate lies slain while prominent construction mogul… | 今晚 一名前罪犯不幸遇害 |
[25:26] | …Michael Wolfmann has vanished. | 而地产大亨米奇·乌尔夫曼则离奇失踪 |
[25:29] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s me. | – 喂? – 是我 |
[25:30] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:32] | Listen, we, uh… | 听着,我们… |
[25:35] | We sent a police academy hotshot over to the last known address… | 我们派警校精英 |
[25:38] | …of Shasta Fay Hepworth. | 去了莎斯塔·菲·赫本华兹最后的住处 |
[25:39] | Oh, fuck. No, not this. | 我操 千万别 |
[25:41] | Yeah, they got there, and it was, uh… | 我们的人到的时候… |
[25:45] | – They looked in the window and… – What? | – 他们从窗子向里看… – 怎样了? |
[25:47] | What? | 怎么样? |
[25:49] | They tried to open the door, and she’s just, uh… | 我们试着尽力打开门,然后… |
[25:53] | They went in and, you know. | 进了屋子… |
[25:58] | Phew. | 唉 |
[25:59] | You know, she’s gone. | 知道吗 她没了 |
[26:05] | Sportello, she’s gone. | 斯波特罗,她不在了 |
[26:10] | She’s out there, man. | 她失踪了 |
[26:12] | – Out there? – Yeah. | – 失踪? – 对 |
[26:14] | What does that mean? | 啥意思? |
[26:16] | She’s disappeared, just like Mickey. Maybe you’d think there was a connection. | 她就像她男朋友米奇一样 失踪了 你觉得这两者间是不是有什么联系—— |
[26:20] | – She’s disappeared? – Yeah, she’s gone, man. Baby. | – 失踪了? – 对啊 不在了 亲爱的 |
[26:24] | She’s gone. She disappeared. What…? | 失踪?不在了?到底是什么? |
[26:28] | She went all groovy on us. | 她就是不见了 |
[26:30] | You know, Bigfoot, man. | 比格福特 |
[26:31] | Can we just try to be fucking professional? | 咱们能不能表现的专业一点 |
[26:35] | I mean, just pretend to be professional. | 至少装得他妈专业点吧? |
[26:38] | Shasta Fay Hepworth. She’s gone. | 莎斯塔·菲·赫本华兹,她失踪了 |
[26:39] | Fuck you. | 妈逼你死了 |
[26:48] | Doc could never figure out what Shasta might’ve seen in him… | 多克从来都没明白过 莎斯塔究竟看上自己什么了 |
[26:53] | …besides being just about the only doper she knew who didn’t use heroin… | 难道只因为他是她身边唯一一个不吸粉的嬉皮 |
[26:57] | …freeing up a lot of time for both of them. | 这一点倒是让他们获得了更多空闲时间在一起 |
[27:01] | And it wasn’t any clearer about what had driven them apart either. | 多克也不知道到底是什么让他们两人疏远 |
[27:05] | They each gradually located a different karmic thermal… | 他们各自被这个巨大城市里的命运气流所裹挟 |
[27:10] | …watching the other glide away into different fates. | 看着彼此朝着不同的人生渐行渐远 |
[27:15] | Does it ever end? | 他们之间会结束吗? |
[27:17] | Of course it does. | 当然会 |
[27:19] | It did. | 已经结束了 |
[27:39] | Hello? | 喂? |
[27:41] | Hello? | 你好 |
[27:42] | – Mr. Sportello? – Mm-hm. | – 是斯波特罗先生吗? – 是的 |
[27:46] | I got your number from the head shop. | 我从戈蒂塔海滩大麻店 |
[27:49] | Down in Gordita Beach. | 拿到你的号码 |
[27:51] | I’m calling about my husband. He was a… | 我找你是因为我丈夫 |
[27:54] | …close friend of a friend of yours. | 他曾经和你朋友很要好 |
[27:56] | Shasta Fay Hepworth. | 那朋友叫莎斯塔·菲·赫本华兹? |
[27:59] | Uh-huh. And, um, your name is…? | 哦,你叫什么? |
[28:03] | – Hope Harlingen. – Mm-hm. | – 后普·哈林根 – 嗯 |
[28:06] | And your husband is…? | 那你的丈夫… |
[28:08] | Dead. | 已经死了 |
[28:12] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 哦,很遗憾 |
[28:14] | – Do you want a cookie? – I’m all right. | – 你要吃饼干吗? – 不用了 |
[28:16] | So you never heard of him or his music? | 你没听说过他吗?没听过他们乐队吗? |
[28:18] | Mm… | 没有 |
[28:20] | Inside the surf-sax category he was this towering figure… | 在冲浪音乐领域里 科伊吹萨克斯是很厉害的 |
[28:23] | …because he improvised once in a while. | 有时他真的能即兴演奏 |
[28:25] | Instead of repeating the second and third chorus note for note. | 而不是在二三两段副歌重复音节而已 |
[28:28] | Mm-hm. Mm-hm. | 嗯 |
[28:31] | Coy and I should’ve met cute, but we actually met squalid. | 科伊和我本应该有个纯美的邂逅 可惜我们初见的地方脏兮兮的 |
[28:36] | Down at Oscar’s in San Ysidro. | 在圣司多罗的奥斯卡酒吧的厕所里 |
[28:39] | Oh, boy. | 天啊… |
[28:41] | I had just run into this bathroom stall without checking first… | 我正慌忙冲进厕所 没注意看里面 |
[28:44] | …and I already had my finger down my throat to vomit up… | 手指已经伸到喉咙里 |
[28:48] | …this big balloon of dope I had just scored… | 想把我刚刚吸的一大堆粉吐出来 |
[28:52] | …and there Coy sat, gringo digestion, about to take this giant shit. | 而科伊正在马桶上坐着 拜美国人强大的消化系统所赐 准备拉一坨巨大的屎 |
[28:58] | And we both let go at the same time… | 我们差不多同时得到了释放 |
[29:00] | …and there’s just vomit and shit all over the place… | 到处都是呕吐物和大便 |
[29:03] | …and with my head in his lap. | 我把脸埋在他大腿前 |
[29:06] | And to complicate things, he had this hard-on. | 更麻烦的是 他还勃起了 |
[29:11] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[29:13] | One thing leads to another and… | 没过多久我们就混在一起 |
[29:15] | We pretty much started shooting up together on a regular basis. | 互相给对方注射毒品 |
[29:21] | Then along comes little Amethyst. | 然后我们就有了女儿阿米希斯特 |
[29:28] | I don’t know if you have the stomach for it, but… | 希望你能受得了她的照片 |
[29:31] | This is… | 这里 |
[29:33] | …what we had her looking like. | 我们让她长成了这样 |
[29:35] | Everybody helpfully pointed out how… | 人们都劝我们说 |
[29:37] | …the heroin was actually coming through my breast milk… | 海洛因会进入到乳汁里 但—— |
[29:43] | Mm-hm. | 嗯 |
[29:44] | …but who could afford formula, you know? | 可是谁买得起配方奶粉? |
[29:47] | It’s a long way from where we are now. | 不过 这就说来话长了… |
[29:49] | Yeah, no, seems like you’re doing real good. | 不过看起来你过得不错 |
[29:51] | I’m a drug counselor. | 我现在是药物顾问 |
[29:53] | – Sorry? – A drug counselor. | – 什么? – 药物顾问吗? |
[29:54] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[29:56] | Trying to talk kids into sensible drug use. | 就是给小孩讲乱服药的害处 |
[30:10] | – What do you think of my chompers? – Hmm. | – 我的假牙怎么样? – 嗯? |
[30:13] | You like them? | 喜欢吗? |
[30:15] | No… I… Yes. Yeah. No, I hadn’t noticed. | 我没…喜欢 我都没看出是假牙 |
[30:19] | Heroin sucks the calcium out of your body like a vampire. | 海洛因会像吸血鬼一样把钙从你的身体里吸出来 |
[30:22] | If you use it for any length of time, your teeth just go all to hell. | 长期服用的话 牙就完蛋了 |
[30:26] | And that’s the good part. | 这还算是好的 |
[30:29] | So listen, this thing that happened to your husband, how can I help you? | 那么 你丈夫这件事 我能帮上什么忙? |
[30:35] | Mr. Sportello, I don’t think Coy is really dead. | 斯波特罗先生 我不相信科伊真的死了 |
[30:42] | Well, did you ID his body? | 你去认领过尸体吗? |
[30:43] | No. | 没有 |
[30:46] | Whoever it was that called… | 只有一个电话 |
[30:47] | …just said that one of his band members did that. | 通知我他乐队里的一个成员去认过了 |
[30:50] | What do you mean “whoever called”? The police? | 谁打电话让他们去认尸的,警察吗? |
[30:52] | I mean, it’s, uh, supposed to be next of kin. | 这事一般都是找直系亲属 |
[30:59] | And then this deposit shows up. Close to his disappearance. | 紧接着我就收到了这笔汇款 就在科伊失踪之后 |
[31:05] | Interesting sum. | 钱可不少 |
[31:07] | Why would this big deposit just suddenly appear in my account? | 这笔钱就这么奇怪地出现在我的账户里 |
[31:11] | I went to the bank. I talked to the bank manager. | 我去了银行 找经理问了一个小时 |
[31:14] | He kept saying: “You just lost your deposit slip.” | 他们只是不断地说服我 |
[31:16] | “You just lost your deposit slip.” | 是我算错了 是我算错了 |
[31:19] | And I don’t lose deposit slips this big. | 我不可能算错这么大的数目的 |
[31:23] | Do you have a picture of Coy I could borrow? | 我能借张你丈夫的照片吗? |
[31:25] | That, I do have. | 这倒是有 |
[31:29] | These were perilous times, astrologically speaking, for dopers… | 从星座占卜上说 有一些对吸毒者而言的危险期 |
[31:34] | …especially those of high school age. | 尤其是那些高中生年纪的 |
[31:37] | Who’d been born, most of them, under a 90-degree aspect… | 他们之中大部分人都出生在海王星和天王星 90度角的相位之下 |
[31:40] | …the unluckiest angle possible… | 这是最倒霉的角度 |
[31:43] | …between Neptune, the doper’s planet… | 前者是吸毒者的星宿 |
[31:46] | …and Uranus, the planet of rude surprises. | 后者代表了突如其来的惊诧 |
[31:54] | Doc had known it to happen… | 多克知道 |
[31:56] | …that those left behind would refuse to believe that people they loved… | 哪怕只是同班认识的人 人们也会拒绝相信 |
[31:59] | …or even took the same classes with, were really dead. | 他们身边的人会真正死去 |
[32:03] | They came up with all kinds of alternate stories so it wouldn’t have to be true. | 他们想出各种代替真相的故事 这样就不必真正相信死亡 |
[32:11] | How did Coy and Shasta know each other? | 科伊和莎斯塔彼此是怎么认识的? |
[32:15] | She picked us up hitchhiking once. | 我们搭过一次她的车 |
[32:18] | I think Coy and her stayed in touch somehow. I don’t really know for sure. | 我觉得科伊在那之后有跟她保持联系 我也不太清楚 |
[32:26] | All right, well, uh, I’ll call you when I know something. | 好的 有消息我就给你打电话 |
[32:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:40] | See you. | 再见 |
[32:41] | Shasta had mentioned a possible laughing academy angle… | 在米奇·乌尔夫曼和妻子的传奇故事中 |
[32:44] | …to Mickey Wolfmann’s matrimonial drama. | 莎斯塔提到过一个和疯人院有关的阴谋 |
[32:47] | And Doc thought it might be interesting to see… | 多克想 也许他应该去找斯隆·乌尔夫曼夫人 |
[32:50] | …how society-page superstar Mrs. Sloane Wolfmann would react… | 故意提起这件事 |
[32:53] | …when somebody brought up the topic. | 借机看看这个报纸社会版的超级明星会如何反应 |
[32:56] | If Mickey was currently being held against his will in some private nuthouse… | 如果米奇现在的确被强行关在某个私人精神病院 |
[33:00] | …then Doc’s immediate chore would be to try and find out which one. | 那多克下一步的工作就是去查出到底是哪一家 |
[33:03] | Do you like the lighting? | 你喜欢这灯光吗? |
[33:05] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[33:07] | Jimmy Wong Howe did it for us. Years ago. | 这是几年前 黄宗沾为我们设计的 |
[33:11] | Luz! | 卢兹 |
[33:12] | The midday refrescos now, if you wouldn’t mind. | 你能准备一下中午的茶点吗? |
[33:17] | Shall we sit? | 我们坐下聊 |
[33:18] | Now, your husband was planning to endow a new wing for our facility. | 你丈夫曾计划给我们捐献一座附属楼 |
[33:22] | He actually tendered us a sum in advance. | 甚至还给我们付了一笔先期款 |
[33:25] | Somehow, it didn’t seem right to keep the money… | 但现在他下落不明 |
[33:27] | …while little was known of his whereabouts. | 我们留着这笔钱也不合适 |
[33:30] | So we’d like to refund you the sum. | 所以还是希望季度结束前把钱退给你们 |
[33:32] | And if, and as we all pray… | 当然——若能如我们所愿 |
[33:34] | …when Mr. Wolfmann is heard from again, why then, perhaps… | 乌尔夫曼先生行踪有了下落 |
[33:37] | …the process can resume again. | 我们还能重新开始这个项目 |
[33:40] | We did recently endow another facility. | 我们最近倒是有新建的项目 |
[33:42] | In Ojai. | 在奥哈伊 |
[33:44] | – In Ojai? – The Chryskylodon Institute. | – 奥哈伊? – 克里斯基罗顿疗养院 |
[33:46] | Kriskleddone? | 克里斯基罗顿? |
[33:48] | It’s an ancient Indian word that means “serenity.” | 那是古印第安语 意思是安静祥和 |
[33:50] | Ah, of course. | 哦 当然了 |
[33:52] | Are you somehow a subsidiary? | 你们是他们的附属机构什么的吗? |
[33:54] | Perhaps one of our Sister Sanatoria? | 也许是我们的姊妹疗养院之一吧? |
[33:57] | Mr. Riggs Warbling. | 这是里格斯·沃布林先生 |
[34:00] | My spiritual coach. | 我的灵修导师 |
[34:01] | – How do you do? – Pleasurable. | – 你好 – 幸会 |
[34:04] | DOC: If you tell us where to send the refund and what form you’d like it in… | 能不能告诉我们把款退到哪儿 以及怎么退? |
[34:07] | Small bills! With nonconsecutive serial numbers. | 小额纸钞 不要连号的 |
[34:09] | Riggs! Enough. | 里格斯 够了! |
[34:12] | He’s always making these terrible jokes. I’m so sorry. | 他总是开这种不着边际的玩笑 抱歉 |
[34:15] | Perhaps if a company officer… | 或许你们公司的主管 |
[34:17] | …simply endorsed Michael’s check back to one of his accounts. | 能把米奇的支票背书一下 把钱转到他的某个账户里 |
[34:20] | Of course. Let us know the account number and it’s as good as in the mail. | 当然了 请把账号告诉我一下 发信件也可以 |
[34:23] | – Let me find you a deposit form. – Wonderful. | – 那我去给你找一下 – 好极了 |
[34:31] | So this is Riggs. | 这位是里格斯 |
[34:33] | The spiritual advisor. | 灵修导师 |
[34:35] | And there’s Sloane. | 那位是斯隆 |
[34:37] | Maybe not so much English rose as English daffodil. | 说她是英伦玫瑰 不如说她是水仙 |
[34:41] | And this is L.A.P.D., busy as ever. | 洛杉矶警察们也在这里 像往常一样 |
[34:44] | Protecting and serving. | 忙着保护与服务(洛杉矶警察的职责) |
[34:46] | Getting in some last-minute free catering before the Feds show up. | 在FBI没来之前 享受着最后的乐子 |
[34:50] | And there’s Luz, the sexy Chicana housekeeper. | 还有卢兹 性感的墨西哥女仆 |
[34:54] | Or pretending to be? | 又或许…是假装的? |
[34:58] | Some kidnapping. | 真是绑架啊 |
[35:00] | Doc would bet an ounce of seedless Hawaiian and throw in a pack of Zig-Zags… | 多克愿意拿一盎司夏威夷无籽大麻 再押上一包ZigZag香烟来打赌 |
[35:05] | …that Sloane and old Riggs here were fucking regularly. | 这对狗男女绝对在做偷情的勾当 |
[35:09] | And that this was the BF Shasta had mentioned. | 这就是莎斯塔提过的那个男友 |
[35:13] | Did Shasta have a room of her own here? | 莎斯塔在这大屋里有自己的房间吗? |
[35:15] | Or did they all just cozy up together? | 又或许他们所有人都睡同一张床? |
[35:38] | Holy shit! | 妈的! |
[35:40] | I’m ticklish, babe. | 我怕痒 亲爱的 |
[35:42] | Oh, I like that. | 我喜欢… |
[35:44] | Keep looking. I’m in there somewhere. | 继续看啊 我也在里面 |
[35:46] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是啊 |
[35:47] | On, Vicky. | 薇琪… |
[35:48] | Oh, Roxy. | 罗茜… |
[35:51] | Carol, Sloane… | 卡洛尔 斯隆… |
[35:55] | Cute, huh? | 在这里 好看吧? |
[35:56] | My tits aren’t really that big, but it’s the thought that counts. | 我的奶子其实没有那么大 不过重要的是那种感觉 |
[36:00] | Now, did, uh, all of you ladies pose for these? | 你们所有人都要过来摆姿势画像吗? |
[36:03] | A guy over in North Hollywood does custom work. | 一个从北好莱坞来的家伙 按客户要求作画 |
[36:07] | And what about that, uh, girl that’s gone missing? | 那个失踪的姑娘呢? |
[36:11] | Shasta? | 莎斯塔吗? |
[36:12] | – Yeah, she’s in there someplace. – Yeah? | – 对 这里也有她的领带 – 是吗? |
[36:16] | You know Mickey used to take me in the shower to fuck? | 知道吗 米奇总是在淋浴的时候操我 |
[36:18] | Oh, yeah? | 哦? |
[36:20] | Uh-huh. And I never got to do anything on that groovy bed in there. | 我从来都没享受过那张漂亮的大床 |
[36:24] | Luz! | 卢兹! |
[36:25] | [西语:卢兹 你在哪儿 我的闺女!] | |
[36:27] | – Ah. Another time, perhaps? – Mm-hm. | – 下次再说? – 好的 |
[36:40] | Ooh. Black girl. | 哦 还有黑人啊 |
[36:45] | Bigfoot. | 比格福特 |
[37:01] | Something had been puzzling Doc now for a while. | 有些事情一直让多克颇为困惑 |
[37:04] | Namely, what, exactly, the fuck, was with Bigfoot here? | 比如 比格福特开着警车在这里逡巡 到底是哪根筋不对? |
[37:12] | As much as he’d like to stay and chat… | 尽管他想继续深究 |
[37:14] | …he had a lunch date to keep with part-time squeeze… | 但他还有约会要去 |
[37:17] | …Deputy DA Penny Kimball. | 跟自己现任的检察官女友佩妮·金博午餐 |
[37:20] | It was only because someone else had canceled that she was able to pencil him in. | 她刚好有个约会取消 多克才勉强挤进去 |
[37:25] | And Doc didn’t wanna fuck up her act, considering they were meeting in public. | 而当众约会 多克也不想给她丢人 |
[37:31] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:33] | This Wolfmann-Charlock case… | 你是想说乌尔夫曼和夏洛克的案子吧 |
[37:35] | Apparently, one of your girlfriends is a principal. | 你的某个前女友 好像还是其中主犯? |
[37:39] | I just heard that she skipped. | 我听说她刚刚跑路了 |
[37:42] | Let me put it to you like this: | 换句话说 |
[37:44] | How close were you with Shasta Fay Hepworth? | 你和莎斯塔·菲·赫本华兹关系究竟有多亲密? |
[37:47] | I’ve been asking myself that very question. | 我一直也在这么问自己 |
[37:50] | It was all over years ago. | 都是好多年以前的事了 |
[37:52] | – Months? I don’t know. – Years? | – 不是年就是月 我也不知道 – 好多年? |
[37:53] | If you hadn’t come along, who knows how bad it might’ve got? | 宝贝 如果没遇见你我就完了 |
[37:56] | – True. You were a mess when I met you. – And how about now? | – 确实 我认识你的时候你挺惨的 – 看看现在呢? |
[37:59] | Old times aside, have you had any contact with her in the last, say, week or so? | 抛开过去的事不谈 上周你们俩有没有接触过? |
[38:05] | Well, funny you should ask. | 很奇怪你竟然问这个 |
[38:08] | She called me up a couple days ago before Mickey Wolfmann disappeared. | 她在乌尔夫曼失踪前几天曾找过我 |
[38:11] | Told me how his wife and her boyfriend… | 对我说 他太太和情夫正计划 |
[38:13] | …were plotting to hustle Mickey and grab all his money. | 把米奇拐骗到疯人院里 然后卷走他的钱 |
[38:17] | So I sure hope that you guys or the cops or whoever are looking into that. | 我当然希望你们的人 或者是警察去调查此事 |
[38:21] | With your years of experience as a PI, would you call that a reliable lead? | 你当了这么多年私家侦探 觉得自己刚才说的能算是可靠的线索吗? |
[38:25] | I’ve known worse. | 我这儿还有更不靠谱的 |
[38:27] | Oh, I can dig. You’re just gonna ignore that? | 莫非你们对这个情报不以为意 |
[38:29] | Some hippie chick with boyfriend trouble, brains mushed up with dope, sex and rock’n’roll? | 认为这个男友出了麻烦的嬉皮小妞只是 脑子被毒品 性爱和摇滚全搞坏了而已? |
[38:33] | I’ve never seen you so emotional. | 多克 我从来没见你这么情绪化过 |
[38:35] | The lights are out. Never seen you during the day. | 那是因为通常你见我的时候都是黑灯瞎火的 我从来没在白天见过你 |
[38:37] | You didn’t tell Bjornsen any of this when he pulled you in at the crime scene. | 当伯强生在犯罪现场逮到你的时候 你没把这件事告诉他吧? |
[38:41] | That’s because I promised Shasta I’d come talk to you first, right? | 因为我答应过莎斯塔 我会先和你谈 |
[38:44] | See if anybody at the DA could help out with this. I tried to call you. | 看地区检察院这边有没有什么可以帮忙 |
[38:48] | – Day and night. No reply. – You tried to call me. Really? | – 我给你打了一天的电话 却没有回音 – 哟 打了一天的电话啊? |
[38:51] | Yeah. Look, I forgot. I don’t know. | 我忘了好吗?我又不知道 |
[38:53] | Look, all I know is the next thing… | 接下来 莎斯塔和乌尔夫曼失踪 |
[38:54] | …Shasta’s missing, Wolfmann’s gone and, uh, Glen Charlock’s dead. | 格伦·夏洛克被杀了 |
[38:59] | Bjornsen seems to think you’re as good a suspect as any. | 伯强生似乎觉得在这个案子里 你也脱不了干系 |
[39:02] | “Seems to”? Wait a minute. You been talking to Bigfoot about me? | 似乎?等等 你已经找比格福特谈过我的事了? |
[39:06] | Doc, please. | 拜托了 多克 |
[39:08] | Besides, maybe you did it. Has that crossed your mind? | 再说了 可能真的是你杀的呢 你没这么想过吗? |
[39:11] | – Maybe you just forgot? – What? Did do what? | – 你记性这么差 或许不记得了 – 什么?我什么? |
[39:13] | Killed Glen Charlock. | 你杀了格伦·夏洛克呀 |
[39:15] | – Kill him? – Yeah. | – 我杀了他? – 对啊 |
[39:16] | What? | 当真? |
[39:18] | How would I forget something like that? | 可是我怎么可能忘记这种事嘛 |
[39:20] | – Grass, and who knows what else. – I’m only a light smoker. | – 因为大麻啊 鬼知道你还抽什么别的 – 少来 我只是偶尔抽抽 |
[39:24] | – How many joints have you had today? – I have to check the logbook. | – 你今天都抽了多少根了? – 我得查查去 |
[39:27] | Can’t remember? | 看 你记不住吧 |
[39:31] | I don’t see how my smoking has any link to the Wolfmann-Charlock-Shasta case. | 我看不出我抽大麻跟这件案子有啥关系 |
[39:36] | No? | 没关系吗? |
[39:37] | Then how come Miss Hepworth dismantled your relationship? | 那为什么赫本华兹小姐离开你了? |
[39:41] | She had other fish to fry. | 她有更大的鱼要钓 |
[39:43] | – Would you say you’re still in love with her? – Mm. | – 那你呢?还爱着她吗? – 嗯… |
[39:47] | No. | 不爱了 |
[39:48] | Take off your glasses. | 摘了墨镜说 |
[39:52] | No. | 不爱了 |
[39:54] | I’m not… Wait. What is this? | 我没有…你什么意思啊? |
[39:55] | Hectic week ahead for me, so unless things heat up dramatically, I hope you understand. | 我这周会非常忙 除非有什么大进展 否则我希望你能谅解 |
[40:00] | Walk me back to work? | 陪我走回办公室吧? |
[40:14] | I’m Agent Flatweed. This is Agent Borderline. FBI. | 我们是FBI探员 弗拉特韦德和伯德莱恩 |
[40:16] | – I’m with… – I have to use the bathroom. | – 我是… – 我去下卫生间 |
[40:18] | It’s been brought to our attention… | 我们发现不久之前 |
[40:20] | …you had a visit from a black prison militant calling himself Tariq Khalil. | 有一个著名的黑人监狱武装分子塔里克·卡里找过你 |
[40:24] | We naturally became curious. | 这引起了我们的怀疑 |
[40:26] | Let’s talk upstairs, Larry. | 我们去楼上谈一谈吧 拉里 |
[40:37] | Did I miss an episode? | 说实在的 我很爱看你们的电视 |
[40:39] | I love you guys every Sunday night, 8 p.m. | 每周日晚八点档 我一集都不落 |
[40:41] | We like investigating and spending energy on Black Nationalist Hate Groups. | 最近我局的大部分精力都投入到调查 那些鼓吹仇恨的黑人国家主义团体去了 |
[40:45] | It’s the chronology, really. Khalil visits your place of business. | 其实是时间先后的问题 卡里先造访了你的办公室 |
[40:49] | The next day, a known prison acquaintance of his, Glen Charlock, is slain… | 第二天 他的一个狱友格伦·夏洛克就被杀了 |
[40:53] | …Michael Wolfmann disappears and you get arrested on suspicion… | 米奇·乌尔夫曼也失踪了 而你作为嫌疑人被捕 |
[40:57] | …and, somewhat mysteriously, let go again. | 然后又被秘密释放 |
[40:59] | Yeah. Well, have you talked to Bigfoot Bjornsen about this? | 你们找比格福特·伯强生谈过吗? |
[41:02] | He’s real intelligent about this kind of shit. | 他关于这个案子 比我知道的多了去了 |
[41:04] | Mr. Bjornsen’s antipathy at the federal level is well known. | 伯强生和联邦部门合作时缺乏耐心 这是众所周知的 |
[41:07] | Heh. Ah, some guys are like that. | 有人不喜欢合作嘛 |
[41:10] | – Mm. – So, what is it you want with me? | – 嗯 – 好吧 你们想从我这知道什么? |
[41:13] | Ordinarily, we’re the ones asking the questions here. | 一般来说 在这里我们提问才对 |
[41:17] | Sure thing, fellas. | 当然 伙计们 |
[41:20] | But aren’t we all in the same business? | 不过我们不是同行吗? |
[41:22] | There’s no need to be insulting. | 没必要恶语中伤 |
[41:24] | Why don’t you just tell us what Mr. Khalil had to say… | 干脆你给我们说说 |
[41:27] | …when he visited you the other day. | 那天你跟卡里先生的谈话内容吧 |
[41:29] | Because he’s privileged and I’m inclined is why. | 不行 客户信息要保密 不能外泄 |
[41:33] | If it has a bearing on the Wolfmann case, then we may have to disagree. | 如果这件事和乌尔夫曼的案子有关 你恐怕不得不说 |
[41:40] | Look, I really wish I could help you guys out, but… | 我是真想帮你们 但是我想不通 |
[41:43] | …if you’re so focused on the Black Panthers… | 假如你们部门的注意力在之前所提的那些事上 |
[41:46] | …then what’s with your interest in Mickey Wolfmann? | 为什么对米奇感兴趣? |
[41:49] | Is somebody playing Monopoly, uh, with federal housing money? | 难道有人用联邦的房屋资金玩大富翁吗? |
[41:57] | Are you figuring Mickey’s kidnapping is a Black Panther operation? | 难道米奇被绑架是黑豹党的行动? |
[42:02] | They put the snatch on Mickey, trying to prove a political point… | 他们抓住米奇做政治要挟 |
[42:05] | …or maybe a nice shot at some ransom money? | 顺便索要不菲赎金? |
[42:10] | Maybe you’ve thought of putting that forward as a cover story for whatever did happen. | 或许你们只是这样掩饰真实发生的事情? |
[42:14] | Do you realize how thoroughly we can fuck your life up? | 你知道如果你不配合 我们会怎么操死你吗? |
[42:18] | Huh. Uh-huh. | 哦 |
[42:21] | Right. | 好吧 |
[42:23] | Can I be frank a minute? | 我能说句真话吗? |
[42:24] | – Why stop now? – Please. | – 你不一直都在说吗 – 继续 |
[42:27] | All right. You be Dino. You be the other guy. | 你们两个 你是迪诺 你是那谁 |
[42:29] | And tell Penny Davis, Jr. What a lovely day we had. Thank you. | 告诉佩妮她真是个好人 帮忙安排这次快乐的聚会 谢谢 |
[42:33] | As a COINTELPRO informant, you could be making up to $300 a month, Larry. | 记住 作为联邦调查局的反情报线人 你每月最高能挣300块 |
[42:38] | Just consider that. | 你好好想想吧 |
[42:40] | U.S. dollars? | 说的是美元吗? |
[42:41] | And we’ll throw in a Book of Mormon. | 还附赠摩门经 |
[42:44] | Free. | 免费的 |
[42:55] | Doc, a mysterious, young oriental cutie… | 多克 前台有位神秘的亚洲美女 |
[42:58] | …just dropped off a package for you at the front desk. | 给你留了一张字条 |
[43:21] | Well… | 唉 |
[43:23] | …it’s dark and lonely work, but somebody’s gotta do it, right? | 黑暗而孤独的工作 但总得有人去做 对吧? |
[43:27] | Heard they cut you loose. Need to see you about something. | 听说你被释放了 有事要见你 |
[43:30] | I’m working weeknights at Club Asiatique in San Pedro. | 我周一到周五晚上在圣佩德罗的亚洲风情俱乐部上班 |
[43:32] | Love and peace, Jade. | 祝好 珍德 |
[43:35] | P.S. Beware the Golden Fang! | 另外 小心金獠牙! |
[43:48] | I can’t stay out here long. This is Golden Fang territory. | 我不能在这里久留 我们是在金獠牙的地盘 |
[43:51] | A girl don’t necessarily wanna get into difficulties with those folks. | 女孩子家犯不着招惹那些家伙 |
[43:54] | What is it? A band? | 是什么东西?乐队? |
[43:56] | You wish. | 你想得美 |
[43:57] | I just wanted to say how sorry I was. I felt shitty about what I did. | 其实我只是想说抱歉 做出那种事真是愧疚 |
[44:01] | – Which was what again? – I’m not a snitch. | – 你做了什么? – 我不是存心告密 |
[44:04] | The cops said they’d drop charges if we put you in the scene… | 警察说如果我在那里拖住你 他们就会撤销对我们的指控 |
[44:07] | …which they already knew you were. | 他们说知道你会在那 所以不算告密 |
[44:10] | – I’m, like, so sorry, Larry. – Call me Doc. It’s cool, Jade. | – 我当时吓坏了 真对不起 拉里 – 叫我多克 没关系的 珍德 |
[44:13] | – That copper? – Mm, Bigfoot? | – 那警察… – 你是说比格福特? |
[44:15] | He’s a warped sheet of plastic. | 那个长得像拧巴的塑料纸一样的人? |
[44:17] | Mm. So was it Bigfoot who put me on the Buenos Noches Express… | 是的 他是本人把我打晕的 |
[44:20] | …or did he subcontract it? | 还是让别人下的手? |
[44:22] | I missed all that, man. Last thing I remember was eating Bambi’s pussy… | 我不记得了 我只记得班比的阴道 |
[44:26] | …and Puck Beaverton’s tattoo, like, it was pulsating. | 还有帕克·比佛顿的纹身 就像它有了心跳一样 |
[44:29] | Puck…? What’s a Puck Beaverton? | 帕克·比佛顿是什么东西? |
[44:32] | He’s a baldheaded asshole with a swastika tattoo you don’t wanna meet. | 他是脸上纹着纳粹符号的光头混蛋 你可别惹他 |
[44:36] | We were so freaked with the BadAss Brigade stomping in there, we didn’t stick around. | 班比和我都吓坏了 我们都没留在那里 |
[44:41] | There’s somebody who wants to talk to you. He thinks you can help each other out. | 听着,有人想跟你谈谈 他说你们可以互相帮助 |
[44:45] | He’s a new face. I’m not sure of his name, but I know he’s in some trouble. | 他是新面孔 我都不确定他叫什么 但我知道他惹了麻烦 |
[44:53] | I would’ve come by your office, man… | 本来要去你办公室的 |
[44:55] | …but I thought there might be unfriendly eyeballs. | 但我想那里可能人多眼杂 |
[44:58] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[44:59] | Well, is this safe enough for you out here? | 你觉得这里安全吗? |
[45:02] | Let’s light this and pretend we came out to smoke. | 把这个点上 假装我们是出来抽烟的 |
[45:05] | – All right. – I’m supposed to be dead. | – 好的 – 我应该是个死人 |
[45:07] | There’s also a rumor that you’re not. | 又有谣言说你没死 |
[45:10] | That don’t come as such great news. Being dead is part of my job image. | 这不是什么大新闻 死亡是我工作形象的一部分 |
[45:14] | Like what I do. | 就像我平常做的事一样 |
[45:16] | You working for these people at the club? | 你在这家夜总会上班? |
[45:18] | I don’t know. Maybe. It’s where I pick up my paycheck. | 不知道 可能吧 薪水倒是在这里领 |
[45:21] | Where are you staying? | 你住在哪里? |
[45:23] | House in Topanga Canyon. | 托潘加峡谷的一栋房子里 |
[45:25] | Band I used to play for, The Boards. | 是我以前的一支乐队 叫冲浪板 |
[45:27] | But none of them know it’s me. | 不过没人知道我是谁 |
[45:29] | How can they not know it’s you? | 他们怎么可能不认识你? |
[45:32] | Even when I was alive, they didn’t know it was me. | 我活着的时候他们也不认识我 |
[45:34] | – The sax player. The session guy. – Mm. | – 他们就叫我吹萨克斯的 – 哦 |
[45:38] | Plus, over the years, there’s been a big turnover in personnel. | 况且这些年来乐队人员变动也很大 |
[45:41] | Like, The Boards I played with… | 我加入时 |
[45:43] | …most of them have gone off and formed other bands. | 冲浪板乐队已经很多人出去组其他乐队了 |
[45:46] | Only one or two of the old crew left… | 只有一两个老成员还没走 |
[45:48] | …and, luckily, they’re suffering from heavy Doper’s Memory. | 都是毒瘾很重的人 记性很差 |
[45:52] | Mm. | 哦 |
[45:54] | Story is you came to grief behind some bad smack. | 据说你吸了不该吸的粉 所以倒了霉 |
[45:57] | You still into that? | 你还整那个吗? |
[45:59] | No. | 不了 |
[46:01] | No. | 不了 |
[46:03] | I’m clean these days. | 我这些日子戒掉了 |
[46:10] | – You know, I… – It’s okay. | – 知道吗 就是… – 算了算了 |
[46:11] | How can I talk about what I don’t hear? | 我听不清 没法谈 |
[46:14] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[46:16] | The thing I wanted to see you about… | 找你帮忙的事… |
[46:18] | …I was wondering if you could check on people. | 我希望你能帮我看几个人 |
[46:21] | A lady and a little girl. | 一个女人 还有个小女孩 |
[46:24] | See if they’re okay, without bringing me into it. | 看看她们是不是还好 但不要把我扯进去 |
[46:27] | It’s down in Torrance. Just see if they’re still living there. | 她们在托兰斯 看看她们是不是还住在那儿 |
[46:30] | See what’s in the driveway. | 看车道上停着什么 |
[46:32] | Law enforcement in the picture, any details you find interesting. | 周围有没有执法部门 以及任何不寻常的细节 |
[46:36] | All right, I’m on it. | 这活我接了 |
[46:41] | I can’t pay you right now. | 我现在没法付你钱 |
[46:44] | When you can. | 能付的时候再说 |
[46:45] | Unless you believe information is money… | 除非你也相信信息就是金钱 |
[46:47] | …in which case, I could ask you something. | 说到这 我能不能问你一个问题 |
[46:51] | Bearing in mind that either I don’t know… | 除非我不知道 |
[46:53] | …or it’s my ass if I tell you… | 或者说了就送命 |
[46:57] | …what is it? | 其他我都能告诉你 说吧 |
[46:58] | Ever heard of the Golden Fang? | 听说过金獠牙吗? |
[47:00] | Sure. It’s a boat. | 当然 是艘船 |
[47:02] | – A boat? – A big schooner, somebody said. | – 船? – 是一艘挺大的纵帆船 |
[47:05] | Brings stuff in and out of the country, but no one wants to talk about it. | 把东西运进美国 再倒腾出去 不过没人愿意讲运的是什么 |
[47:10] | Because? | 为什么? |
[47:13] | That was it. | 那就是它 |
[47:16] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的? |
[47:17] | Saw it sail in when I got here tonight. | 我看见她驶进来的 差不多和我今晚同时到的 |
[47:22] | I don’t know what I just saw. | 我也不知道我看见了啥 |
[47:24] | Me neither. | 我也不知道 |
[47:26] | Fact, I don’t even wanna know. | 其实我也根本不想知道 |
[47:32] | – Okay. – Coy. | – 这样… – 科伊? |
[47:34] | Doc figured it might have been easier to let Coy know… | 其实多克觉得直接告诉科伊 |
[47:37] | …that Hope and little Amethyst were doing just fine. | 他的妻女都好 更直接简单一点 |
[47:40] | But he had a rule against getting involved in matrimonials… | 但他有条行为准则 绝对不介入客户的婚姻问题 |
[47:44] | …which had just gone up in smoke… | 但此刻这条准则也已经随烟雾飘走 |
[47:47] | …like the Asian indica in the joint they’d been smoking… | 像是多克刚刚抽的印度大麻 |
[47:50] | …creating an extra layer of fog on top of the one Doc was already standing inside of. | 在多克已经身处的迷惑浓雾外面 又加上了新的一层 |
[47:56] | Meet the schooner Golden Fang, out of Charlotte Amalie. | 见识一下金獠牙帆船吧!是从夏洛特安玛利亚开过来的 |
[48:01] | – Where is that? – U.S. Virgin Islands. | – 那是哪儿? – 维尔京群岛 |
[48:04] | – Bermuda Triangle? – Close enough. | – 百慕大三角? – 差不多 挺近的 |
[48:07] | Sizable vessel. | 真是好大一艘船 |
[48:10] | She has a tendency to show up here in the middle of the night… | 她总喜欢在午夜不宣而至 |
[48:13] | …no running lights… | 不开船舷灯 |
[48:15] | …no radio traffic. | 不开无线电 |
[48:17] | See, the problem with this vessel is trying to find out anything. | 有人一问起关于这艘船的问题 |
[48:20] | People back off, change the subject and get real creepy. | 知情的人就躲躲闪闪 马上换话题 气氛变得诡异起来 |
[48:24] | The owners are listed as a consortium in the Bahamas. | 登记的船主是巴哈马群岛的某个联盟企业 |
[48:31] | Her real name isn’t really the Golden Fang. | 她的真名不叫金獠牙 |
[48:35] | She was originally a fishing boat named Preserved. | 在金獠牙之前她是一艘渔船 叫“受护号” |
[48:39] | Then after World War II, she was bought by Burke Stodger. | 二战刚结束 她被伯克·斯托奇买下 |
[48:42] | Burke Stodger. Burke Stodger the actor? .45-Caliber Kissoff Burke Stodger? | 伯克·斯托奇 是’45 Caliber Kiss off里那个演员吗? |
[48:46] | The movie star. | 就是那个电影明星 |
[48:49] | What? | 什么? |
[48:56] | He gets blacklisted because of his politics and branded a communist. | 他因为政治问题和他的共产主义倾向 上了好莱坞黑名单 |
[49:01] | So he takes the boat, splits the country… | 于是他被迫驾着这艘船离开了美国 |
[49:04] | …which is where your Bermuda Triangle comes in. | 在这里就要提到你说的百慕大三角了 |
[49:07] | Hi. I’m Chlorinda. How can I help you? | 嗨 我是克罗琳达 你们吃点啥? |
[49:10] | Uh, well, I’m gonna have the house anchovy loaf to start… | 我要点凤尾鱼段 |
[49:15] | …and, um, the devil ray filet. | 一份魔鬼鱼 |
[49:18] | Can I get that deep-fried in beer batter? | 能不能用面糊炸老一些? |
[49:20] | It’s your stomach. What can I get for you, little buddy? | 反正是你的胃 你呢 小兄弟? |
[49:24] | Mm, I’ll take the jellyfish teriyaki croquettes and the eel Trovatore, please. | 嗯…我要烤海蜇和炸肉饼 再要个威尔第的银鱼诗人 (最后的菜名是品钦自己编的) |
[49:28] | Okay. And to drink, gentlemen? | 先生们想喝点什么? |
[49:31] | You’ll wanna get fucked up before this meal. | 上菜前总得喝两口吧 |
[49:33] | That’s for sure. | 是啊 |
[49:34] | I have some recommendations. Maybe the, uh, Tequila Zombie. | 我推荐龙舌兰僵尸酒 |
[49:37] | – Make it two. – All right. | – 来两杯 – 好的 |
[49:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[49:42] | So Burke’s blacklisted, takes the boat, splits the country. | 刚刚说到伯克上了好莱坞黑名单 驾着船逃出了美国 |
[49:47] | Somewhere between San Pedro and Papeete, the boat disappears… | 这艘船行驶到圣佩德罗和帕皮提之间的某个海域时 失踪了 |
[49:51] | …till one day a couple years later… | 直到几年后的某天… |
[49:53] | …the boat and the owner suddenly reappear. | 船和她的主人又重新出现了 |
[49:57] | – You dig? – Mm-hm. | – 你听懂了吗? – 嗯 |
[49:58] | The Preserved is in the opposite ocean, off of Cuba… | 受护号出现在了另一头 跑到了古巴海域附近 |
[50:02] | …and Burke Stodger on the front page of the Daily Variety… | 归来的伯克·斯托奇也登上了《综艺》封面 |
[50:06] | …in an article reporting his return to pictures… | 报道里说他要重返大银幕 |
[50:10] | …in a major motion picture called Commie Confidential. | 还要拍摄一部叫《共党密谋》的片子 |
[50:13] | Whoa. So Burke’s working again. | 哦…那么…伯克又拍电影去了? |
[50:17] | And his politics have miraculously changed. | 然后伯克的政见也奇迹般地发生了改变 |
[50:20] | And the ship? | 那船呢? |
[50:22] | Man, they removed any traces of soul that she once had. | 他们将船大修一遍 抹去了一切鬼魂的印记 |
[50:27] | It’s a horror story. | 简直就是个鬼故事 |
[50:29] | Are you emotionally involved? With the boat? | 你是不是对这船太痴迷了? |
[50:32] | She’s not just a boat, Doc. | 她不仅是一艘船 多克 |
[50:35] | She’s much more than that. | 她意义非凡啊 |
[50:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[50:40] | Well, I know why I’m so interested. | 我知道自己为什么对她感兴趣 |
[50:45] | But why are you? | 但你怎么也掺和进来了? |
[50:46] | A story I heard the other night, something about a smuggling angle. | 有天晚上我听说这艘船可能涉及走私阴谋 |
[50:50] | And the story you heard… | 你听到的那个故事里 |
[50:52] | …did it happen to include Mickey Wolfmann? | 是不是也刚好涉及了米奇·乌尔夫曼? |
[50:56] | Not so far. Why? | 差不多吧 咋了? |
[50:59] | According to scuttlebutt, shortly before he disappeared… | 据小道消息说 在米奇失踪前不久 |
[51:02] | …Mickey Wolfmann was seen taking the Golden Fang out for a three-hour tour. | 有人看见他登上了金獠牙 |
[51:06] | Or should I say: | 驾船出海兜了三个小时 |
[51:08] | A three-hour tour | 或者我用唱的? |
[51:09] | And, uh, was he accompanied by his lovely companion? | 我猜他可爱的伴侣也陪着去了? |
[51:15] | Okay. | 得了吧 |
[51:16] | – My fucking ex, old Shasta Fay? – I know. | – 她可是我的前女友啊 莎斯塔! – 我知道是她 |
[51:19] | I know who she is. But, Doc, I thought you were done with all that sad bullshit. | 我知道是她 但是 多克 我以为你早就忘了她呢 |
[51:23] | Listen, did everybody make it back okay? | 就告诉我大家是不是都安全返回了 |
[51:26] | Nobody was pushed overboard, nothing like that? | 有没有人被推下甲板之类的? |
[51:28] | Actually, the word I’m hearing is that Mickey Wolfmann might not be as missing as we think. | 我听说 米奇应该不是像我们以为的那样失踪了 |
[51:33] | Like gone but not gone? | 就是不在了 却没有真正失踪? |
[51:37] | Man, you’re gonna love this. | 这个消息你肯定会感兴趣 |
[51:41] | The rumor is that the Department of Justice is trying to broker… | 我听说司法部要… |
[51:44] | – Uh-uh-uh. – Here you go. | – 等一下 – 你们的饮料来了 |
[51:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:50] | I’m hearing that the Department of Justice… | 我听到的传言说 |
[51:53] | …is trying to broker a Vegas deal for him. | 司法部要给米奇安排在赌城的一个项目 |
[51:56] | Doesn’t compute. Say again. Vegas. Wolfmann. | 再说一遍 米奇跟赌城怎么了? |
[51:59] | FBI stuff. | 都是FBI的事 |
[52:01] | They need somebody else on the Strip who’s not Italian. | 他们不想跑这一路上 到处都是意大利黑手党 |
[52:06] | You dig? | 懂吗? |
[52:07] | Like Howard Hughes when he bought the Desert Inn. | 就跟霍华德·休斯买下荒漠酒店一样 |
[52:13] | Howard Hughes was Italian? | 霍华德·休斯是意大利黑手党? |
[52:16] | No. They want white people. | 不是 他们想要白人 |
[52:19] | They want white, Anglo owners on the Strip. | 想要北美白人作为这艘船的主人而已 |
[52:23] | Who better than Mickey Wolfmann? | 谁能比米奇更合适呢? |
[52:34] | Hello? | 喂? |
[52:37] | Hello? | 喂? |
[52:39] | All right, Doc. | 多克 |
[52:41] | So she just departed San Pedro on board the Golden Fang. | 她在圣佩德罗上了船 上了金獠牙 |
[52:44] | – Who? – Your ex, Shasta Fay. | – 谁啊? – 你的前女友莎斯塔啊 |
[52:46] | Shasta’s on the Golden Fang? | 莎斯塔在金獠牙上? |
[52:48] | My friend in the DOJ just called me, yeah. | 是的 我司法部的朋友刚刚打电话告诉我了 |
[52:51] | – All right, where’s it going? – Out at sea some place. | – 船要到哪儿去? – 出海去啊 |
[52:55] | – Huh? – Out at sea some place and… | – 啊? – 就是出海去了 |
[52:57] | Yeah, where? | 我知道!哪儿啊? |
[52:58] | Not known. Not known. | 还不清楚 不清楚啊 |
[53:03] | Hang tight. I’m gonna get back to you. | 坚持住啊 兄弟 知道消息我再找你 |
[53:06] | All right, cool. Call me… | 你给我打电话—— |
[53:52] | Penny Kimball, Deputy DA. | 佩妮·金博,初级检察官 |
[53:55] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[53:57] | Who is this? | 你谁啊? |
[53:59] | It’s me. | 是我啊 |
[54:01] | Where did you get this number? | 你从哪儿知道这个电话的? |
[54:03] | It’s Doc. | 我是多克 |
[54:06] | Oh. | 哦 |
[54:08] | I thought you’d never want to speak to me again. | 我以为你再也不想跟我说话了呢 |
[54:11] | Mm. Didn’t, uh… | 呃 没… |
[54:14] | I didn’t mind talking to the FBI. | 跟FBI聊聊天也挺好的 |
[54:17] | Am I in trouble? | 你生我气了吗? |
[54:20] | I don’t know. Are you? | 我不知道 你说呢? |
[54:26] | It’s an awful nice night out here at the beach. | 今晚滩区这边很不错呢 |
[54:30] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[54:33] | But you’re a dirty, filthy hippie. | 你这么一个脏兮兮的嬉皮士 |
[54:35] | What would a nice clean girl like me do with you? | 为什么要勾搭我这样干净的好姑娘? |
[54:39] | Well, you could, uh… | 你可以… |
[54:41] | …bring your soap and clean my feet. | 带上你的肥皂 帮我洗洗脏兮兮的脚 |
[54:45] | Ew. | 恶心死了 |
[54:47] | No, thank you. | 不必了 |
[54:51] | But then again, I could bring you a pizza. | 不过 我可以给你带个披萨 |
[54:57] | I can hear your pants growing. | 我能听见你的裤裆在淫叫了 |
[55:02] | So…? | 那… |
[55:04] | I’ll be there in an hour. | 我一小时后去找你 |
[55:06] | And wash your feet first. | 你先去洗脚 |
[55:08] | …Problems for which government has… | 现在的问题是 政府… |
[55:10] | Freedom. | 自由哦 |
[55:13] | Heavy on the “dumb.” | 重音在后面 白痴 |
[55:15] | –The moral and spiritual crisis in the universities would still exist. | …道德与精神上的危机在大学中还是普遍存在的 |
[55:18] | The destructive activists of our universities… | 大学中的破坏分子… |
[55:20] | That’s the best thing I’ve heard all day. | 这是今天我听过的最好的笑话了 |
[55:26] | You want one? | 你要一根吗? |
[55:27] | Nixon downplayed the antiwar message… | 尼克松针对炸弹攻击 |
[55:29] | …inherent in the New Year’s bombers’ attack. | 发表了轻描淡写的反战讲话 |
[55:31] | When he called on the vigilant California to take back cities and universities… | 当他号召加州警戒者注意城市和大学时 |
[55:35] | …he was interrupted by a heckler. | 却被一位愤怒的听众打断 |
[55:37] | Hey! Tricky Dick! Fuck you! | 喂!你这个骗子!混蛋!操你妈! |
[55:39] | You listen to me when I say that to you! | 听好了 听好了我跟你说的话 |
[55:41] | Fuck you! Fuck everybody in the family! | 操你妈!操你全家! |
[55:45] | Now, what the fuck? | 这他妈怎么回事? |
[55:48] | He’s identified as unemployed UCLA student Rick Doppel. | 他的身份已经确认 是加州大学洛杉矶分校的辍学生 里克·多培尔 |
[55:52] | – Who? – Oh, Doppler? That’s no hippie. | – 啥?谁? – 多培尔?他才不是嬉皮 (Dopple具有双重的意思,暗指科伊卧底身份) |
[55:54] | That’s Chucky. | 他是鸡仔 |
[55:56] | Yeah? Is it a friend of yours? | 你认识他吗?朋友? |
[55:58] | Secret Service took the man for questioning… | 秘密机构已经将他带走进行问讯 |
[56:00] | Everybody knows Chucky. | 所有人都认识鸡仔 |
[56:02] | If he’s not at the Hall of Justice, he’s down at the Glass House. | 如果他不是在司法大厦那边晃 肯定就是去警局了 |
[56:07] | A snitch? | 这是叛徒吧? |
[56:09] | An informant, please. | 我们叫线人 |
[56:11] | And he only works with the Red Squad. | 他为红色分队情报机构工作 |
[56:14] | Whoa. So, what’s he…? Why is he screaming and yelling like that at Nixon again? | 那他为啥要对尼克松那样大吼大叫? |
[56:21] | Now that he’s been on TV, he has instant and wide credibility. | 现在他都上了电视 立刻就具有了广泛的说服力 |
[56:26] | Police can infiltrate him into any group they want to. | 警察可以把他安插到任何地方去 |
[56:31] | Bastards. | 混蛋 |
[56:36] | – Do you love me? – Any group. | – 你爱我吗? – 任何地方… |
[56:40] | Hmm… | 嗯… |
[56:42] | A snitch. A spy. A weasel. | 一个叛徒 一个间谍 一个卧底 |
[56:46] | And dang… | 这样… |
[56:48] | …if it ain’t a resurrected tenor sax player, working undercover. | 著名萨克斯乐手复活竟变成了卧底.. |
[56:53] | But for who? | 为了谁呢? |
[56:55] | These patriotic pals of President Nixon called Vigilant California? | 是为了尼克松那爱国主义团体 加州警戒者? |
[57:00] | Some other unseen hand? | 还是有其他看不见的势力? |
[57:03] | Now, who am I again? | 我是谁来着? |
[57:05] | You’re the photographer. | 你是我的摄影师 |
[57:10] | – And the name of the magazine is…? COY: – 966 00:57:10,010 –> 00:57:11,057 | – 我们假装的杂志名字叫什么? – 石头转盘 嗯 Mm-hm. |
[57:11] | Coy’s band, The Boards, were currently renting a place in Topanga Canyon… | 科伊的乐队 冲浪板 |
[57:15] | …from a bass player turned record company executive… | 现在从某个曾当过贝斯手的唱片公司老板手里 租了一栋托潘加的房子 |
[57:18] | …which trend watchers took as further evidence of the end of Hollywood… | 据某些观察家的看法 这件事进一步 证明了好莱坞的没落 |
[57:22] | …if not the world, as they had known it. | 如果不是全世界的话 |
[57:26] | Doc and Denis hadn’t dropped acid for years in this town… | 多克和丹尼斯在这座城市嗑了多少年的药 |
[57:29] | …without picking up some kind of extrasensory chops. | 却一点也没积累什么超感能力 |
[57:34] | And truth was, since crossing the doorsill of this place… | 事实上 从他们踏进大门那一刻起 |
[57:37] | …they couldn’t help noticing what you would call an atmosphere. | 他们就感受到了那种…气氛 |
[57:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:48] | Ooh. | 哦? |
[57:49] | What are you playing? | 你也是玩乐队的吗? |
[57:52] | I drove up with Bambi. She heard Spotted Dick were here… | 我和班比一起开车来的 她听说葡萄干布丁住在这里 |
[57:55] | …so I had to come along and keep her out of trouble. | 所以我只能跟过来 以防她惹什么麻烦 |
[57:58] | She’s possessed. She’s got Spotted Dick posters on the walls… | 她喜欢这些家伙 她的墙上贴着乐队的黑光海报 |
[58:01] | …sheets and pillow cases, T-shirts, souvenir roach clips. | 床上铺着乐队的床单和枕套 还有乐队的T恤 咖啡杯,纪念版的大麻夹子… |
[58:04] | All right, she’s keen on the Dick. | 行了行了 知道她很痴迷 |
[58:06] | It’s 24 hours a day. She’s got Spotted Dick albums on stereo. | 一天24小时音响里放的都是他们的歌! |
[58:09] | Okay, yeah, now listen. | 好了 听着 |
[58:10] | I’m looking for that guy that I met at Club Asiatique the other night. | 我在亚洲风情俱乐部认识的那个人在吗? |
[58:13] | – He’s here. – Yeah? Where? | – 他在这里 – 在哪儿? |
[58:15] | – He’s in the kitchen. – The kitchen? | – 他在厨房 – 厨房? |
[58:19] | Hey, before you leave. Can I get a ride with you? | 离开的时候我可以搭你的车吗? |
[58:21] | – This place is freaking me out. – Mm… | – 这个地方吓坏我了 – 嗯… |
[58:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[58:30] | Good evening, Larry Sportello, Stone Turntable magazine. | 晚上好 我是拉里·斯波特罗 来自石头转盘杂志 |
[58:34] | – Smedley, Spotted Dick, keyboards. – Mm-hm. | – 我是斯迈得利,葡萄干布丁乐队的键盘手 – 哦 |
[58:40] | Was it possible that at every gathering… | 在所有聚众的场合 |
[58:43] | Concert, peace rally, love-in, be-in and freak-in… | 音乐会 和平恋爱集会 嬉皮沙龙 搞怪大会 |
[58:48] | …here, up North, back East, wherever. | 无论这里 北部 东部还是任何地方 |
[58:50] | …some dark crews had been busy all along… | 是否都有秘密警察忙碌的身影 |
[58:54] | …reclaiming the music, the resistance to power… | 他们听命于一种贪得无厌 又心怀恐惧的古老神秘力量 |
[58:57] | …the sexual desire from epic to everyday… | 去管教人们的音乐 反抗 |
[59:00] | …all they could sweep up, for the ancient forces of greed and fear. | 以及我们伟大或平庸的性欲? |
[59:06] | “Gee,” he thought, “I don’t know.” | 天啊 他想:我可不知道 |
[59:10] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[59:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[59:19] | Hi there. Remember me, Larry Sportello? | 你好 记得我吗 拉里·斯波特罗? |
[59:22] | Stone Turntable magazine? | 石头转盘的记者 |
[59:25] | You, um, asked me to, uh, look into that, um… | 还记得你让我跑腿的事吗? |
[59:29] | …vehicle. | 让我帮你打听车的事? |
[59:31] | – What? – The vehicle? | – 什么? – 车啊 |
[59:34] | Yeah, what was the make and model that you looked at again? | 哦 你看的是什么型号来着? |
[59:38] | You were asking about that older type VW… | 你让我看的是一辆老式大众汽车 |
[59:41] | …with the hearts and blue birds and… | 上面有花 蓝鸟 心脏之类的 |
[59:44] | Any replacement parts? | 没有新的零配件之类的东西吗? |
[59:46] | None I could see. | 据我所知没有 |
[59:48] | What about street legal? | 没有嘛?注册上路呢? |
[59:50] | Was it any hassles with registration? | 也没有问题吧? |
[59:52] | Didn’t seem to be any… | 应该是的 |
[59:56] | – You saw Hope? – Yeah, for a minute. | – 你看到后普了? – 是的 见到了一下 |
[59:58] | She’s okay. | 她很好 |
[1:00:00] | Looks like she’s been staying clean too. | 看上去她也戒毒了 |
[1:00:02] | How’d she do it? | 她是怎么戒掉的? |
[1:00:04] | I don’t know. She’s, uh, back teaching is all she said. | 我不知道 她说自己回去教书了 |
[1:00:07] | You know, public health, drug awareness, something like that. | 关于公共健康 科学服药之类的 |
[1:00:10] | – Where? | – 在哪里教书? – 我不知道 – Where? I don’t know. |
[1:00:13] | She didn’t say. | 她没有说 |
[1:00:17] | It doesn’t matter. | 算了 无所谓了 |
[1:00:19] | No way I could ever go back to them. | 反正我也再也回不去家了 |
[1:00:22] | All right, man. Look, you can’t go back to them? | 好吧 兄弟 回不去? |
[1:00:25] | Who? Because what? Why? | 什么叫回不去?为什么回不去? |
[1:00:28] | Because it would be my ass and my family’s too. | 我要是回去 我和家人都会有生命危险 |
[1:00:31] | It’s like a gang. It’s like once you’re in, you’re in for life. | 就像帮派 进去了就出不来了 |
[1:00:36] | Did you know that when you signed up? | 你跟他们签了这个协定的时候 有没有想到这个结果啊? |
[1:00:37] | All I knew was we couldn’t do each other any good staying together. | 反正我们在一起没有好结果 |
[1:00:41] | The baby looked like shit, getting worse every day. | 孩子状况一天比一天差 |
[1:00:44] | We were just getting fucked up and sitting there and saying: | 我们就在那里干坐着 |
[1:00:48] | “Well, we gotta do something. | 想做点什么却完全不知道该怎么办 |
[1:00:50] | You’re dragging us down, and…” | 我们只会拖累对方 |
[1:00:53] | Listen, I’m not asking you to give away any secrets here. | 我并不是想打探什么 |
[1:00:57] | But I think I saw you on the tube at a rally for Nixon. | 但是我在电视上看到你在尼克松集会闹事 |
[1:01:02] | And your question is, Which side am I on? | 你是想问 我到底站在哪一边? |
[1:01:05] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:01:09] | Well, you know, these people here have money. | 好吧…知道吗 这群人有钱 |
[1:01:12] | It’s not like those Bible freaks that go up and down the beach, like, screaming at you. | 跟那些宗教狂热分子不一样 不会在沙滩上跳上跳下 尖叫着乱撞 |
[1:01:17] | They really wanna help. | 他们真的只是想帮忙而已 |
[1:01:19] | I thought it was something good to do for my country. | 我觉得自己的本意是好的 想为国家做点什么 |
[1:01:23] | Stupid as that sounds. | 虽然听上去很不可思议 |
[1:01:25] | But what I really found out was… | 但是我发现 |
[1:01:27] | …they just wanna, like, use us and keep the membership in line. | 他们只是在利用我们维持社会的秩序 |
[1:01:32] | “My country, right or wrong” with Vietnam going on… | 我的国家 无论对错 越战发生后 |
[1:01:36] | …it’s just fucking crazy. | 她变得太疯狂了 |
[1:01:43] | Suppose your mom was on smack. | 假设你发现自己的妈妈染上了毒瘾 |
[1:01:46] | My mom? | 我妈妈? |
[1:01:48] | Yeah, what would you do? | 对 你会怎么做? |
[1:01:50] | – You know, wouldn’t you try to help her? – Yeah. I think… | – 会尽力帮她吗? – 我想…应该会吧 |
[1:01:55] | Are you saying that the U.S. is somebody’s mom? | 你把美国看成妈妈 |
[1:01:58] | And she’s, um, strung out? | 然后还说她染上毒瘾了? |
[1:02:01] | – I’m trying to… – On what? | – 我在试着说明白 – 她沾的是什么毒瘾? |
[1:02:04] | On sending people off to die in jungles for no reason. | 平白无故把她的孩子送到雨林里去送死的毒瘾 |
[1:02:08] | Something wrong and suicidal about that that she can’t stop. | 她自己也阻止不了的 错误的自杀性的毒瘾 |
[1:02:13] | Mm… | 嗯… |
[1:02:14] | And Vigilant California, or whoever it is you’re working for, wouldn’t buy that? | 你为之效力的那些加州警戒者不这么认为嘛? |
[1:02:18] | I don’t belong here, man. | 我不属于这里 |
[1:02:23] | I do get the feeling you’d rather be someplace else. | 我觉得你肯定不想继续待下去了吧? |
[1:02:26] | Yeah. Back where I was would be nice. | 当然 能回家是最好的 |
[1:02:33] | See, if I did just run a fast check… | 听着 我可以帮你盯着点 |
[1:02:36] | …and happened to find some angle that you haven’t thought of… | 也许某些意想不到的漏洞可以让你脱身 |
[1:02:39] | Listen, nothing personal, but there’s too much you haven’t thought of. | 我不是说你 但是意想不到的事情太多了 |
[1:02:45] | Man, I can dig. You’re trying to chase me off of this. | 我知道你想赶我走 |
[1:02:48] | Whatever it is that you’re caught inside, I’m out here on the outside of it. | 但是你现在身处险境 而我则是局外人 没有掺合进来 |
[1:02:52] | And I can, you know, move in ways that you may not be able to. | 可能我能悄悄帮你做一些你做不到的事 |
[1:02:55] | Shh. How’d the baby look? Amethyst. | 嘘…孩子怎么样?阿米希斯特? |
[1:02:58] | Oh, man. A sweetie pie. | 漂亮的不得了 |
[1:03:00] | – She looked good? – Yeah. | – 她还好吧? – 很好 |
[1:03:01] | – No sign of them little kid blues? – “Little kid blues”? | – 没有那种小孩子的忧郁吧? – 那是什么? |
[1:03:04] | No, that happens. They get that. | 有时候小孩子会暗自伤心 很忧郁的样子 |
[1:03:06] | Yeah. No, none I could see… | 没有,我没看出来 |
[1:03:08] | You saw it a little bit. I blew this solo, man. | 我刚刚吹了一首独奏 兄弟… |
[1:03:11] | Listen, who set you up with these people? | 听着 是谁帮你跟这些人牵线搭桥? |
[1:03:13] | Where did it come from? | 这什么问题? |
[1:03:15] | I mean, come on. Gimme a glimpse here, man. Who set you up with these people? | 给我个提示 谁介绍你去找的这些人? |
[1:03:19] | When I first started snitching… | 当我刚开始做间谍的时候 |
[1:03:21] | …I realized how often people asked questions they already know the answers to. | 我曾很好奇 为什么那么多人 都在问自己已经知道的问题的答案? |
[1:03:25] | They just wanna hear it from another voice. | 其实很多时候他们只是想听到这个答案从别人嘴里说出来 |
[1:03:28] | Like one outside their head. | 就像利用别人的大脑 |
[1:03:30] | You better find Shasta Fay. | 你去找莎斯塔·菲吧 |
[1:03:35] | Shasta Fay. | 莎斯塔·菲 |
[1:04:15] | Thanks for the lift, boys. | 谢谢你们送我一程 |
[1:04:18] | – See you around. – Jade. Jade. | – 再见 – 喂,珍德 |
[1:04:20] | You said in your note, “Beware of the Golden Fang.” | 你跟我说让我小心金獠牙 |
[1:04:23] | Why am I supposed to beware of a boat? | 我该怎么小心一艘船呀? |
[1:04:32] | They’re an Indochinese heroin cartel. | 它是印度支那的海洛因联合企业 |
[1:04:37] | A vertical package. | 一套垂直管理体系 |
[1:04:39] | They grow it, bring it in, step on it, run stateside networks of local street dealers… | 他们出钱种东西 加工 弄进国境 加速转运 在国内经营街头贩毒网络 |
[1:04:43] | …and take a separate percentage off of each operation. | 每次交易都拿单独抽头 |
[1:04:48] | So you’re dealing smack? | 这么说 你是在贩毒? |
[1:04:50] | No, but they use Chick Planet as a front to launder money. | 不是 我们的按摩院是他们洗钱的地方之一 |
[1:04:56] | See you around. | 再见 |
[1:05:00] | Reluctant, maybe even a little desperate… | 尽管不情不愿 甚至有点绝望 |
[1:05:04] | …Doc figured he had to go visit Bigfoot now. | 多克还是觉得应该现在去找一趟比格福特 |
[1:05:08] | On principle, he tried to spend as tittie time around the Glass House as possible. | 原则上说 他不愿在警局周围多待一分钟 |
[1:05:13] | All this strange alternate cop history and cop politics… | 这里充满各种古怪的另类警界风云录 |
[1:05:17] | Cop dynasties, cop heroes and evildoers… | 警察王朝 警察英雄 警察败类 |
[1:05:21] | …saintly cops and psycho cops… | 圣徒警察 心理变态的警察 |
[1:05:24] | …cops too stupid to live and cops too smart for their own good. | 蠢到死的警察 和自作聪明的警察 |
[1:05:29] | –Insulated by secret loyalties and codes of silence… | 因为内部的帮规戒律 这些秘密都不为人知晓 |
[1:05:32] | …from the world they’d all been given to control. | 而又是这群人被授权控制我们的世界 |
[1:05:37] | Bigfoot’s native element. The air he breathed. | 比格福特也是他们其中的一员 以及他呼吸的空气 |
[1:05:40] | The big time he’d been so crazy to get away from the beach and be promoted into. | 在那个大时代里 他如此渴望逃离滩区并渴望得到晋升 |
[1:05:47] | Then why so grumpy, Bigfoot? | 那为什么比格福特还是这样愤怒? |
[1:05:51] | Doc remembered dimly a story from long past. | 多克隐约记起一个关于比格福特的传言 |
[1:05:55] | A rumor about a partner of Bigfoot’s… | 说是比格福特的搭档 |
[1:05:57] | …who’d been shot and killed a while back in the line of duty. | 很久以前在执行任务的时候被谋杀了 |
[1:06:01] | And ever since then, the story went… | 从那开始 比格福特再也没有过搭档 |
[1:06:04] | …Bigfoot had worked alone. | 一直独来独往 |
[1:06:08] | I hope this won’t be another one of those unabridged paranoid hippie monologues… | 我希望这次不是嬉皮士得妄想症跑过来对我胡扯 |
[1:06:12] | …I seem obliged to sit through. | 絮絮叨叨太心烦了 |
[1:06:14] | So, what if someone dies, but is resurrected? | 有一个人死了,然后又活过来了 |
[1:06:18] | Not, at first glance, a matter for Homicide. | 貌似死人复生的案子不关凶杀科的事 |
[1:06:21] | So who around here handles resurrections? | 哦 那你们这里谁负责复活? |
[1:06:24] | Bunco Squad, usually. | 通常是诈骗组 |
[1:06:26] | Does that mean the L.A.P.D. believes every, uh, return from the dead is some kind of con? | 所以洛杉矶警局认为所有死而复生的案子都是骗局咯? |
[1:06:30] | You’re dead, you’re dead. Are we talking philosophy? | 死了就是死了 难道我们是在谈论哲学? |
[1:06:38] | That there is Coy Harlingen, the stiff in question. | 那是科伊·哈林根 他就是我说的死人 |
[1:06:42] | That was taken last night. | 这张照片我是昨晚拍的 |
[1:06:49] | Remind me why I give a shit again? | 再跟我说说 关我屁事? |
[1:06:51] | He worked for the department as a snitch… | 他是警局的线人 |
[1:06:53] | …not to mention some patriotic badasses known as Vigilant California. | 也为加州警戒者这样的爱国混蛋服务 |
[1:07:01] | They may have been in on the raid at Channel View Estates. | 这些人有可能卷入了峡景地产的袭击 也可能没有 |
[1:07:04] | Remember that place, Bigfoot? | 你还记得那地方吗 比格福特? |
[1:07:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:07:12] | All right, I’ll look into it personally. | 我自己好好查查这件事 |
[1:07:15] | Sometimes, it’s just about doing the right thing. | 有时做事就是出于良心啊 |
[1:07:49] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[1:07:50] | Clancy Charlock. | 克兰希·夏洛克 |
[1:07:53] | Glen Charlock’s sister, mother, sis… | 格伦是你兄弟还是你儿子? |
[1:07:56] | Sister. | 我兄弟 |
[1:07:57] | “Saster.” Ha, ha. | 兄弟哦 哈哈 |
[1:08:00] | I’m so sorry about your, um, brother. | 我为你兄弟感到难过 |
[1:08:05] | Glen was a shit. | 格伦就是一坨屎 |
[1:08:07] | Bound to have his series canceled sometime. | 他注定有一天要这样玩儿完 |
[1:08:10] | That don’t keep me from wanting to know who his killer is. | 不过我还是想知道是谁杀了他 |
[1:08:13] | Goodness. Did you talk to the police? | 哦 你和警察谈过了吗? |
[1:08:17] | They talked to me. Some smart-ass named Bigfoot. | 他们找过我了 一个叫伯强生的家伙 |
[1:08:20] | He seemed less concerned with Glen’s murder than Mickey Wolfmann’s disappearance. | 他对格伦的死没什么兴趣 似乎更关心米奇的失踪 |
[1:08:25] | But he’s a fan of yours all right. | 不过他好像很喜欢你 |
[1:08:27] | Said you might be able to help. | 他说你可能帮得上忙 |
[1:08:29] | Did he now? | 他真这么说? |
[1:08:31] | Did you hear the Wolfmann’s working on a way to give away all his money? | 你听说了吗 米奇·乌尔夫曼正准备 把他所有的钱都捐出去 |
[1:08:34] | Why would he wanna do that? | 为什么? |
[1:08:37] | He was on a guilt trip, man. | 他心里的内疚感啊 |
[1:08:39] | Doing tons of acid and peyote and… | 磕了那么多药——还包括佩奥特仙人掌 |
[1:08:43] | Just got to a point. He felt bad… | 他突然想通了 |
[1:08:44] | …about making people pay for cheap ugly houses of his. | 对于让人们高价买那些丑房子这种行为 他有罪恶感了 |
[1:08:50] | Are you gonna keep holding on to that tank or you gonna marry it? | 你要一直搂着那个氧气罐吗?还是要娶了它? |
[1:08:59] | He wanted to build this place in the desert… | 他想在沙漠里建公寓社区 让人们免费居住 |
[1:09:01] | …where people could come and live for free, called the Arrepentimiento. | 叫做阿瑞彭提米恩图 |
[1:09:04] | Uh-huh. Arrepentimiento. | 哦?阿瑞彭提米恩图… |
[1:09:07] | And now, what’s that mean again? | 那是什么意思? |
[1:09:09] | Spanish for “sorry about that.” | 西班牙语里“对不起咯”的意思 |
[1:09:15] | Uh-huh. | 哦 |
[1:09:28] | Um… | 呃… |
[1:09:30] | Do you think that, um… | 你有没有想过 |
[1:09:33] | …you know, maybe your brother was just, um… | 你哥哥可能… |
[1:09:35] | …you know, doing his job to try to prevent, um… | 只是在尽到自己的职责 |
[1:09:38] | …whoever it was from putting the snatch on Mickey? | 为了去保护米奇? |
[1:09:40] | That’s way too fucking sentimental. | 那样也太多愁善感了 |
[1:09:43] | Sounds like somebody objected to Mickey’s big giveaway. | 有人对于米奇的大发善心可是不高兴呢 |
[1:09:47] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[1:09:48] | The, uh, wife? | 他的妻子 |
[1:09:51] | Business partners? Um… | 或者合伙人之类的? |
[1:09:55] | Puck Beaverton. | 帕克·比佛顿 |
[1:09:56] | He had the duty that day to guard Mickey. | 那天本该是他的班去保护米奇 |
[1:09:59] | But changed shifts with Glen at the last minute. | 却在最后一刻和格伦换班 |
[1:10:01] | Puck Beaverton. Interesting fellow, I hear. | 帕克·比佛顿…听说他很有意思 |
[1:10:05] | He’s a major-league asshole. | 他是个大混蛋 |
[1:10:06] | Mm. Sounds like you dated. | 听上去你跟他约会过 |
[1:10:08] | Him and his roommate. | 他 还有他的室友 |
[1:10:11] | Two at a time? | 一脚踏两船吗? |
[1:10:13] | That’s my preference. | 我就喜欢这样 |
[1:10:17] | Well, you know where I might be able to find this, uh, Puck fella? | 你知道我从哪儿能找到这个帕克吗? |
[1:10:23] | Dropped out of sight after Glen’s murder. | 格伦被杀那天就不见人影了 |
[1:10:25] | Set sail. | 跑掉了 |
[1:10:27] | Heh. “Set sail”? Like on a boat? | 跑掉了?坐船走的? |
[1:10:30] | – I don’t know. Maybe. – Mm-hm. | – 我不知道 也许吧 – 哦… |
[1:10:34] | If you find him, you’ll let me know? | 如果你有他的消息 会告诉我的吧? |
[1:10:38] | Well, um, perhaps we should continue this conversación someplace else. | 要不我们换个地方继续聊聊? |
[1:10:50] | I’ve got a date. | |
[1:10:57] | Thank you. | 我还有约会呢 |
[1:10:59] | Oh, and Miss Charlock. | 哦 夏洛克小姐 |
[1:11:00] | I just need your contact information from you. | 请您填下访客联系信息好吗 |
[1:11:03] | – Sure. – Okay. Here’s a pen. | – 好的 – 给你笔 |
[1:11:07] | Hey, Clance… | 克兰希 |
[1:11:09] | …did Glen ever mention one of Mickey’s ladies… | 格伦有没有跟你提过米奇的一个情人 |
[1:11:12] | …who goes by the name of Shasta? | 叫莎斯塔的姑娘? |
[1:11:14] | The girl who’s gone missing? | 那个失踪的姑娘? |
[1:11:15] | – That’s her. – Yeah. | – 就是她 – 听过 |
[1:11:18] | She was in love with him. Deeply in love. | 她跟米奇是真心深爱彼此 |
[1:11:21] | Oh, Shasta and Doc lived together for a short while. | 哦 多克和莎斯塔曾经好过一段时间 |
[1:11:25] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:11:27] | Bummer. | 真遗憾 |
[1:11:29] | Well, as someone who’s been down this particular exit ramp: | 不过 作为过来人我可以告诉你 |
[1:11:33] | You can only cruise the boulevards of regret so far. | 后悔路走不了多久 |
[1:11:36] | Then you gotta get back up onto the freeway again. | 你得赶紧回到正轨上去 |
[1:11:38] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:11:40] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[1:11:42] | – See you. – Bye now. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[1:13:02] | I wish you could see these waves. | 我希望你能看到这些海浪 |
[1:13:09] | It’s one more of these places a voice from somewhere else tells you you have to be. | 在这种地方 你能听到一个来自别处的声音 告诉你 你注定要来这里 |
[1:13:20] | Remember that day with the Ouija board? | 还记得玩显灵板的那天吗? |
[1:13:25] | I miss those days… | 我很想那段日子 |
[1:13:27] | …and I miss you. | 也想你 |
[1:13:33] | Nothing was supposed to happen this way, Doc. | 一切都事与愿违 多克 |
[1:13:37] | I’m so sorry. | 我很难过 |
[1:13:41] | You don’t remember the Ouija board, do you, Doc? | 你不记得显灵板的事了 对吗 多克? |
[1:13:45] | It had been one of those prolonged times of no dope. | 那是在一个没有毒品可以解馋的漫长岁月 |
[1:13:53] | You think it knows where we can score? | 这东西会知道哪里能买到货吗? |
[1:13:55] | Ask. | 问问吧 |
[1:13:57] | Just do it by yourself like that. | 你自己来就好 |
[1:14:00] | Nobody had any. Everybody was desperate and suffering lapses of judgment. | 大家都搞不到毒品 每个人都很抓狂 精神恍惚 |
[1:14:04] | 84293… 8-4-2-9-3. | |
[1:14:08] | – …12501 – It’s a phone number! – 1-2-5-0-1. | – 是个电话号码! |
[1:14:16] | It’s ringing. | 在响了 通了 |
[1:14:17] | Howdy, dopers. We’ve got whatever you need. | 你好 瘾君子 我们有你想要的任何东西 |
[1:14:20] | And remember: the sooner you get over here, the more there ‘ll be left for you. | 记住 你来的越快 能给你剩下的东西就越多 |
[1:14:24] | So come on down to 4723 Sunset Boulevard. You better hurry. | 快来吧 地址是日落大道4723号 |
[1:14:28] | Okay, I’m sorry, who is it that I’m talking to? | 请问你是哪里…? |
[1:14:30] | – She hung up. – Let’s go! | – 她挂了 – 快走 |
[1:14:32] | She’s screaming at you: “Stay away! I’m a police trap!” | 可能只是警察的陷阱 离远点! |
[1:14:37] | Aw, there’s a problem with Ouija boards. | 这就是显灵板的问题啊 |
[1:15:01] | Shasta! | 莎斯塔 |
[1:15:10] | That board sure did its work. | 显灵板确实起效了 |
[1:15:13] | They didn’t score any dope that day, but somehow, suddenly, it didn’t matter. | 他们那天没有买到货 可是不知不觉 货没有那么重要了 |
[1:15:19] | >It was weird that in the limited space of a postcard… | |
[1:15:23] | …Shasta should have chosen to remember that one day in the rain. | 她偏偏选了这个雨天来回忆 |
[1:15:27] | It had stuck with Doc too… | 那次经历一直在多克心中萦绕 |
[1:15:30] | >…even though it was late in their time together… | |
[1:15:33] | …when she was already halfway out the door. | 那时她的心思已经不在这里了 |
[1:16:06] | Hey, Denis? | 丹尼斯? |
[1:16:09] | Denis, I’m-a go look around. | 我要四处看看 |
[1:16:10] | Wanna wait in the car or come cover my back? | 你是在车里等我 还是跟我进去打个掩护? |
[1:16:12] | I was gonna try to go find a pizza. Is that okay? | 我想找个披萨店吃东西 行吗? |
[1:16:15] | Now you recall this is stick shift, not automatic and so forth? | 好 你记住这车是手动杆 不是自动换挡 |
[1:16:18] | It’s easy as pie, Doc. | 我没问题的 多克 |
[1:16:29] | Mm. | 嗯… |
[1:16:33] | Good afternoon. Mm… | 下午好 |
[1:16:35] | This is the address they gave me at Club Asiatique in San Pedro. | 圣佩德罗的亚洲风情俱乐部有人给我你的地址 |
[1:16:38] | Just here to pick up a package for the management. | 我过来替经理取一个包裹 |
[1:16:45] | Hello, this is Xandra from front desk. | 我是前台的仙德拉 |
[1:16:48] | We have a pickup for management. | 有人来取包裹 |
[1:16:54] | Follow me. | 跟我来吧 |
[1:17:08] | Dr. Blatnoyd will see you in a moment. | 布拉特诺德博士待会就来见您 |
[1:17:32] | So you have some ID, I imagine? | 我想 你带了证件吧? |
[1:17:35] | Mm-hm. | 嗯 |
[1:17:45] | I don’t know what this is. What is it? | 我不认识这些字…这是什么? |
[1:17:48] | It’s oriental or something. Is it Chinese? | 东方的文字吗?是中文吗? |
[1:17:53] | Well, I figured, uh, you being Chinese… | 我猜你们就是中国人吧… |
[1:17:58] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么?说什么? |
[1:18:01] | The Golden Fang? | 金獠牙啊… |
[1:18:07] | It’s a syndicate. | 是联合企业 |
[1:18:12] | A syndicate of dentists set up long ago for tax purposes. | 牙医的联合企业 多年前为了逃税建的公司 |
[1:18:17] | All legit. | 都是合法的 |
[1:18:23] | Where did you tell Xandra you were from again? | 你跟仙德拉说你是哪儿来的? |
[1:18:28] | Uh… | 呃… |
[1:18:32] | Oh… | 哦… |
[1:18:34] | Why, you’re another one of those hippie dope fiends, aren’t you? | 你是个整天嗑药的嬉皮士对吧? |
[1:18:38] | My goodness. My goodness me. | 我的老天爷哟! |
[1:18:42] | Here for a little perking up, are we? | 先来点吸的吧 |
[1:18:47] | Dig it. | 看这个 |
[1:18:50] | It’s from Darmstadt. | 达姆施塔特的高级货 |
[1:18:52] | Lab quality. | 实验室级的品质 |
[1:18:53] | I try not to do any dope I can’t pay for, is what it is. | 我尽量不吸我买不起的毒品 |
[1:18:56] | No, no, on the house! In fact, maybe I’m gonna even join you for one little moment. | 不要怕 是免费招待的 说不定咱们俩能一起享受一下呢 |
[1:19:09] | Well, just to be sociable. | 那我就礼节性地来点儿吧 |
[1:19:10] | There you go. | 来吧 |
[1:19:13] | Doctor, I think there’s a problem with the couch in your office. | 博士?你办公室里的沙发出问题了! |
[1:19:17] | And bring that bottle. | 别忘了拿上瓶子 |
[1:19:57] | What do you think of my chompers? | 你喜欢我的假牙吗? |
[1:20:01] | Heroin sucks the calcium out of your body like a vampire. | 海洛因像吸血鬼一样吸走钙质 |
[1:20:04] | If you use it for any length of time, your teeth go all to hell. | 长时间吸食 你的牙齿就完蛋了 |
[1:20:11] | And that’s just the good part. | 这还算是好的 |
[1:20:18] | Doc! | 多克! |
[1:20:22] | Doc? | 多克? |
[1:20:25] | Dr. Rudy, I’m back. | 布拉特诺德博士 我回来了! |
[1:20:29] | You’re not Dr. Rudy. | 你可不是布拉特诺德 |
[1:20:31] | You’re not Dr. Rudy. | 你也不是布拉特诺德 |
[1:20:36] | That’s at Japonica, ain’t it? | 你是杰庞嘉吧? |
[1:20:38] | Japonica Fenway? | 杰庞嘉·芬维? |
[1:20:41] | Imagine meeting you here. | 没想到会在这里碰到你 |
[1:20:43] | Doc rooted through the city dump that was his memory… | 多克在自己脑子里乱七八糟的回忆中搜索起来 |
[1:20:46] | …recalling that Japonica here had been a pretty open-and-shut runaway daughter case. | 记起认识杰庞嘉 是一桩了结得非常利索的女儿 离家出走的案子 |
[1:20:51] | Hardly worth daily scale… | 根本不值得小题大做 |
[1:20:53] | …let alone the extravagant bonus her father, Crocker Fenway… | 更别说为了感谢多克带她回家时 |
[1:20:56] | …had insisted on paying when Doc finally brought Japonica back home. | 她爸爸克罗克执意支付的巨额奖金 |
[1:21:02] | So, what have you been up to? | 你最近在忙些什么? |
[1:21:03] | Escaping, mostly. | 哦 基本上就是逃跑 |
[1:21:06] | And I escape real good. | 我现在可擅长逃跑了 |
[1:21:08] | Escaping what? | 从哪儿逃跑? |
[1:21:10] | Chryskylodon. This, like, booby hatch my parents keep sending me to. | 克里斯基罗顿啊 我父母总把我塞进那个疯人院 |
[1:21:15] | “Booby hatch”? | 疯人院? |
[1:21:17] | – Up in Ojai? – You know it? | – 是在奥哈伊山上吗? – 你认识啊? |
[1:21:19] | Shakes a tambourine. | 听着有点耳熟 |
[1:21:21] | – Ooh. – Aah! | – 哦! – 啊! |
[1:21:23] | Dr. Rudy! | 布拉特诺德博士! |
[1:21:25] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 |
[1:21:27] | Japonica, you promised me. Did you not promise me? | 杰庞嘉 你可是保证过的哦 你是保证过的吧? |
[1:21:32] | – What are you doing here? – I escaped again for you. | – 你怎么还来这里啊? – 逃出来找你的呀 |
[1:21:35] | Oof! Woo-hoo! | 哦! |
[1:21:37] | Look at the greedy little hippie. Snorting away, are you? | 看这个贪心的小嬉皮 都快吸完了呢 |
[1:21:41] | – Your parents know you’re here? – No. | – 你家长知道你在这儿吗? – 不知道 |
[1:21:43] | The Fenways? They were heavy-duty South Bay money… | 芬维一家是在南部湾区的阔绰大户 |
[1:21:46] | …and led lives of unusually high density and often incoherence. | 过着常人难以理解的情感生活并且喜怒无常 |
[1:21:50] | Her father, Crocker, also known as the Dark Prince of Palos Verdes… | 杰庞嘉的父亲克罗克·芬维更是被称作帕洛斯维尔德王子 |
[1:21:54] | …was a lead lawyer at the office of Voorhees-Krueger… | 是法律公司的首席律师 |
[1:21:57] | …who had given Doc his first paying gig as a PI. | 并给了多克第一份有偿工作的工钱 |
[1:22:02] | Man, like, I’m sorry. | 兄弟 真对不起 |
[1:22:04] | Denis, what is it this time? That’s my steering wheel? | 丹尼斯 你拿的是我的方向盘吗? |
[1:22:06] | – I don’t know how to drive. – Aw, man, I thought you said you… | – 我不会开车啊 – 我记得你不是说你懂… |
[1:22:09] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:22:11] | Smile Maintenance Chick. | 笑容保养女郎 |
[1:22:13] | How lovely. | 多可爱呀 |
[1:22:14] | Miss Fenway may appear a little psychotic today. | 芬维小姐今天精神有些异常 |
[1:22:17] | Groovy. | 哦 酷 |
[1:22:19] | – What? – It’s groovy being insane, man. | – 什么? – 疯子挺酷的呀 |
[1:22:22] | Where you at? | 你什么意思? |
[1:22:23] | It’s not groovy to be insane. | 疯子才不酷 |
[1:22:25] | Japonica here has been institutionalized for it. | 杰庞嘉要为此接受治疗 |
[1:22:28] | Okay, come on now, Denis. We’ve gotta figure out a way back to the beach. | 丹尼斯 快走 我们该回滩区去了 |
[1:22:32] | If you need a ride, I’m heading that way. | 我们顺路 我可以载你们一程 |
[1:22:34] | Huh? Uh… | 哦? |
[1:22:35] | Cop friendly, everything cool with your ride? | 杰庞嘉 你的车没什么违法的地方吧? |
[1:22:38] | Brake lights, license plate, so forth? | 刹车 车灯 牌照什么的都正常吧? |
[1:22:40] | A-okay. | 都很正常 |
[1:22:41] | Mind if I tag along with you guys? Contingencies of the road and so forth? | 我也跟你们一起走吧 以防出现意外 |
[1:22:45] | That’s a good idea. Maybe we should do more of that, tsk, tsk, for the road? | 好主意 我们要带点那个路上吸吗? |
[1:22:48] | Yes. Yeah. You want some? | 好啊 你想来点儿吗? |
[1:22:51] | Excuse me. | 让一下 |
[1:22:52] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:22:59] | What’s in that bag you’re stuffing under Doc’s seat? | 你塞到多克座位下的袋子里是什么? |
[1:23:02] | Pay no attention to that bag. It’ll only make everybody paranoid. | 别管它 多想只会让大家疑神疑鬼 |
[1:23:07] | Though he may have rescued Japonica… | 多克确实救过杰庞嘉 |
[1:23:09] | …from a life of dark and unspecified hippie horror… | 将她从黑暗困惑的嬉皮生活中拯救出来 |
[1:23:13] | …apparently restoration to the bosom of her family… | 但是她的家庭束缚在她身上的一切 |
[1:23:16] | …had been enough to really drive her around the bend. | 才真正让她精神失控 |
[1:23:20] | Oh, fuck! | 操! |
[1:23:22] | – Fucking assholes! – Easy, easy. | – 操他妈的混蛋! – 放松点 |
[1:23:24] | Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I can’t… | 操操操! |
[1:23:27] | – Okay, we are so fucked! I got… – Nice and easy. | – 操 我们完蛋了 – 淡定点 |
[1:23:30] | Christ, Christ. Some… | 上帝啊 上帝啊 |
[1:23:33] | Are you the Great Beast? | 你是大怪兽吗? |
[1:23:35] | No, no, that’s a policeman. | 不是 他是警察啦 |
[1:23:37] | You were driving without your headlights. | 你知道自己开车没有开车前灯吗 小姐? |
[1:23:39] | But I can see in the dark. | 但是在黑暗中我也看得很清楚! |
[1:23:41] | Perhaps you shouldn’t be driving, then. | 这样你还是别开车了 |
[1:23:43] | – I’m gonna need to see all your IDs. – What is this all about, sir? | – 我要看下你们所有人的证件 – 这是怎么了 警官? |
[1:23:46] | Any gathering of three or more civilians is considered a possible cult. | 现在所有三人或三人以上的平民聚会 都被界定为潜在的邪教 |
[1:23:50] | What? It’s Charlie Manson again? | 什么?又是查理·曼森? |
[1:23:52] | Criteria includes reference to the Book of Revelation… | 标准包括提及《启示录》 |
[1:23:56] | …males with shoulder-length hair… | 头发及肩或更长的男性 |
[1:23:58] | …and endangerment through inattentive driving… | 通过驾驶疏忽造成危险的 |
[1:24:01] | …all of which has been exhibited. | 所有这些你们都体现出来了 |
[1:24:03] | – Oh, I don’t think so. – Man, listen. | – 哦 没有吧 – 听着 兄弟 |
[1:24:06] | This is a Mercedes. It’s only painted one color. | 这是辆奔驰车 而且只漆成一种颜色 |
[1:24:09] | – Y’all hang tight. – That should count for something. | – 你们等一下 先不要动 – 难道这样不会给我们加分么? |
[1:24:12] | – Good point. – Okay. All right. | – 说得好 – 好吧 |
[1:24:17] | Okay, okay. Oh, God, I’m actually gonna have a heart attack. | 我受不了了 我要心脏病发了 |
[1:24:20] | Actually my heart is racing like a little… | 我心跳的好快 |
[1:24:23] | – What? – Yes, sir? | – 怎么? – 好了 先生 |
[1:24:25] | I’m gonna hand these in Mr. Sportello… | 斯波特罗先生 这些给你 |
[1:24:27] | …and as long as there aren’t any wants or warrants… | 除非有我们不知道的需要或命令 |
[1:24:29] | – you won’t hear any more about this. – Thank you, officer. | – 你们不会再接到我们的通知的 – 谢谢 警官 |
[1:24:33] | – Thank you, sir. – Drive safely. | – 谢谢 – 小心驾驶 |
[1:24:35] | – Here you go, Blat. Dr. Rudy. – No, that’s yours. | – 这是你的 布拉特诺德博士 – 不是 这个是你的 |
[1:24:38] | – And Japonica here. – That’s beautiful. | – 杰庞嘉的 – 真好 |
[1:24:40] | Denis, take this. | 丹尼斯 拿着 |
[1:24:42] | This one is Denis’s. | 这个是你的 |
[1:25:00] | Idiots Unlimited. | 又打电话骗白痴? |
[1:25:01] | Oh, yeah, I’m in an evil mood myself tonight. | 别开玩笑 今晚我连自己都懒得骗 |
[1:25:04] | What can I do? | 找我什么事? |
[1:25:06] | Dr. Rudy Blatnoyd, DDS… | 鲁迪·布拉特诺德博士 |
[1:25:11] | …has perpetrated his last root canal, I’m afraid. | 恐怕再也不能插牙根管了 |
[1:25:15] | Hablo inglés, man. What’s that…? He’s dead? | 说明白点 他死了还是怎么的? |
[1:25:17] | They found him next to a trampoline in Bel Air… | 我们在贝尔艾尔公寓区的一个蹦床旁发现了他 |
[1:25:20] | …with a fatal neck injury. | 脖子上有致命伤 |
[1:25:23] | So far no witnesses, no motives, no suspects… | 没有任何目击者 没有任何动机 也没有嫌疑人 |
[1:25:27] | …apart from you. | 当然 除了你 |
[1:25:29] | Mm, not me. Why me? | 不是 跟我有什么关系? |
[1:25:32] | You were observed in Blatnoyd’s company. | 你曾去过他的办公室 |
[1:25:34] | Both of you riding in a vehicle full of drug-crazed hippies. | 当晚你们还跟一群磕嗨的嬉皮搭车回家 |
[1:25:38] | Yeah, well, you know… | 你得明白 |
[1:25:40] | …the owner of that vehicle… | 那个车主 |
[1:25:42] | …is a very well-respected, um, you know, lawyer down in Palos Verdes. | 可是帕洛斯维尔德的有钱律师 |
[1:25:47] | And his daughter was driving. She offered me a ride. | 开车的是他女儿 她非要载我的 |
[1:25:50] | And cops didn’t even give her a ticket. | 警察甚至连罚单都没给一张 |
[1:25:52] | You know, Blatnoyd was her friend, not mine. | 牙医是她的朋友 不是我的 |
[1:25:55] | Go to bed. | 去睡吧 |
[1:25:56] | I’m working. Why am I gonna go to bed? | 我还有工作 你干嘛叫我去睡? |
[1:26:00] | I think it’s time we had one of our chats. | 现在能不能开始我们的夜话时间了? |
[1:26:04] | Uh… | 呃… |
[1:26:05] | All right. Yup. | 好吧… |
[1:26:13] | So with this Coy Harlingen matter… | 那么 这个瘾君子科伊·哈林根 |
[1:26:16] | …on the face of it… | 表面上来看 |
[1:26:19] | …it’s one more OD, one less junkie, case cleared. | 只是另一桩吸毒过量的案子 早结案了 |
[1:26:22] | And on the not face of it? | 那除表面之外呢? |
[1:26:26] | Why, what do we have here? | 看看我拿的这些 |
[1:26:30] | Why don’t you pick a card? | 你随便挑一张卡 |
[1:26:32] | Any card. | 随便挑一张 |
[1:26:34] | These are field interrogation reports. | 这是局里做的调查笔录 |
[1:26:36] | See if you find anything that looks familiar. | 看你能不能找到眼熟的 |
[1:26:39] | Card tricks. | 变纸牌魔术哦 |
[1:26:42] | No. | 不对 |
[1:26:43] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[1:26:46] | Puck Beaverton. | 帕克·比佛顿? |
[1:26:48] | Excellent choice. One of Mickey Wolfmann’s bodyguards. | 选得不错 他是米奇·乌尔夫曼的保镖之一 |
[1:26:52] | Interesting fellow, I hear. | 听说他是个很有趣的家伙 |
[1:26:53] | Sheriff’s people ran into him at the Venice home… | 治安官刚好在维尼斯碰见此人 |
[1:26:56] | …of the dealer that sold Harlingen the smack that killed him. | 他当时正在卖给科伊·哈林根致命毒品的毒贩家里 |
[1:26:59] | Or didn’t kill him. | 或者说…没致命吧 |
[1:27:00] | Wait, so, what was Puck doing at Coy’s dealer’s place? | 等等 帕克为什么会在科伊的毒贩家里? |
[1:27:04] | The interesting thing about this overdose… | 这个吸毒过量案 最有意思的是 |
[1:27:07] | …is that Leonard James Loosemeat a.k.a. El Drano… | 这个叫做厄尔·德拉诺的毒贩 |
[1:27:10] | …was known for this 3 percent product… | 以卖便宜的掺假货闻名 |
[1:27:13] | …yet the report says what killed him was pure China White Number Four. | 报告上却说 致死的毒品是高纯度的好货四号中国白粉 |
[1:27:17] | Like, from the whole-seller? Whoever’s bringing it in? | 所以你觉得是有人故意把这货混进去的? |
[1:27:20] | I seem to recall that some years ago, just before he went into Folsom… | 我隐约记得 这个比佛顿在来福尔瑟姆之前 |
[1:27:24] | …Beaverton used to work for this loan shark… | 曾为市里一个放高利贷的 |
[1:27:28] | …Adrian Prussia. | 艾德里安·普鲁士工作 |
[1:27:30] | Fucking zoinks! I know Adrian Prussia. | 妈的 我记得他! |
[1:27:34] | I know him from my skip-tracing days. | 当时我还在追债呢 |
[1:27:36] | He’s a bad man. Used a baseball bat. You know, he’s sick. | 他可坏了 那家伙总用球棒 大变态 |
[1:27:40] | And Coy’s dealer, El Drano… | 科伊的毒贩厄尔·德拉诺 |
[1:27:42] | …also happened to be Prussia’s steady customer. | 正好又是这个普鲁士的老客户 |
[1:27:46] | So maybe Puck was there on Adrian’s behalf. | 也许帕克在那里做的是普鲁士授意的事 |
[1:27:51] | What do you think? | 你怎么看? |
[1:27:56] | I think you and Adrian have a history you’re not sharing with me. | 我觉得你跟普鲁士有过节 你却瞒着不告诉我 |
[1:28:00] | (日语 再要点煎饼) | |
[1:28:06] | Got it, lieutenant! | 好的 警督 |
[1:28:09] | You got it, lieutenant. | 马上就来 警督! |
[1:28:15] | Pancakes aren’t quite as good as my mother’s, but what I really go for here is the respect. | 这饼和我妈做的有差距 不过我来这里 就是想要得到尊重 |
[1:28:20] | Respect. | 尊重啊 |
[1:28:22] | You didn’t get enough of that from your mom. | 你妈那里不能给你尊重,对吗? |
[1:28:26] | You probably imagine that I have a lot of status up in Robbery-Homicide. | 你也许以为 我在抢劫凶杀科有很高的地位 |
[1:28:30] | I mean, who could blame you for thinking that. | 不怪你这么想啊 |
[1:28:35] | The reality, however… | 事实上… |
[1:28:39] | …no Cielo Drive for Bigfoot. | 我什么都没有 没有丰田车开 |
[1:28:43] | No TV movie rights or book deals for Bigfoot. | 没有电视电影书籍的签约 |
[1:28:50] | I mean, even the extra work is drying up. | 就连群众演员的工作也在渐渐枯竭 |
[1:28:55] | God help us all. | 愿上帝帮助所有人 |
[1:28:58] | Dentists on trampolines. | 我们这些蹦床上的牙医 |
[1:29:02] | You know, Dr. Blatnoyd had puncture wounds on his throat… | 知道吗 布拉特诺德博士是被利齿撕裂喉咙 |
[1:29:05] | …consistent with bites from canines of a midsize wild animal. | 与中型野兽犬牙咬痕相符 |
[1:29:09] | That’s what the coroner told me! | 验尸官是这么告诉我的! |
[1:29:11] | Swallow that! | 你想想吧! |
[1:29:12] | Listen, that’s mighty weird, Bigfoot. | 比格福特 这就实在是太奇怪了 |
[1:29:15] | Okay? Because Blatnoyd was a partner in a tax dodge… | 因为布拉特诺德是一家逃税公司的合伙人 |
[1:29:18] | …that calls itself The Golden Fang Enterprises. | 公司名字就叫金獠牙 |
[1:29:22] | You didn’t happen to get the, uh, SID to test those neck punctures for gold or nothing? | 我想你们没叫技术人员去化验伤口上的黄金成分吧? |
[1:29:26] | I shouldn’t think there’d be much trace. | 我认为不会有这种线索 |
[1:29:28] | Gold is all but chemically inactive, as you might have learned in chemistry class… | 黄金是惰性金属 化学课上都学过的 |
[1:29:33] | …if you hadn’t been ditching all the time to score dope, Sportello. | 如果你当年没逃那么多化学课去买毒品 你就该知道的 斯波特罗! |
[1:29:37] | Every contact leaves traces. | 每次接触都会留下痕迹的 |
[1:29:39] | It would sure be ironic, is all I’m saying… | 这听上去太巧了 我就这么一说 |
[1:29:42] | …if Blatnoyd was bit to death by a golden fang… | 不过如果他真的是被一个 |
[1:29:45] | …or, like, even better, like, two golden fangs? | 或者两个金獠牙杀死的呢? |
[1:29:47] | I don’t see why any of this would be material. | 我不明白为啥这种名字会是真东西 |
[1:29:50] | Because it’s the Golden Fang. | 因为它就是金獠牙啊! |
[1:29:52] | – It’s the decedent’s tax shelter. So, what? – No, man, it’s not a tax shelter. | – 不过是死人逃税的手段罢了! – 还不止如此! |
[1:29:56] | It’s something, Bigfoot, man, much more, more vast. | 比这个严重得多! |
[1:30:02] | This wouldn’t be just more of your paranoid hippie bullshit, would it? | 这不会只是你们嬉皮士臆想出来的狗屎吧 |
[1:30:06] | Look, have the lab check for traces of copper. | 实验室有没有人查黄铜? 我说的是黄铜 |
[1:30:09] | Not the kind that goes stumbling all over the crime scene contaminating evidence. | 不是只会在犯罪现场走来走去破坏证据的笨警察 (黄铜和警察两个词都是Copper) |
[1:30:13] | More like copper the metal. | 让你查黄铜 懂吗 |
[1:30:14] | You see, gold teeth are never made with pure gold. | 金牙并不是纯金的 |
[1:30:17] | Dentists like to alloy it with copper. | 牙医喜欢掺入黄铜 |
[1:30:19] | If you hadn’t ditched forensics class to go steal hubcaps to plant on some innocent hippie… | 如果你当年不是逃了很多刑侦化学课去偷车 并嫁祸于无辜嬉皮士 |
[1:30:23] | …you might have known that. | 你就该知道这点! |
[1:30:27] | Oh, you feel like a cop almost, don’t you? | 你觉得自己像个警察了,是吗? |
[1:30:34] | Good day. | 再见 |
[1:30:43] | (日语 要煎饼) | |
[1:30:45] | Okay, it’s coming! | 马上就来了! |
[1:30:49] | So where to? | 这是要去哪? |
[1:30:51] | A place up in Ojai called Chryskylodon. | 去奥哈伊 一个叫克里斯基罗顿的地方 |
[1:30:54] | Chryskylodon? | 克里斯基罗顿? |
[1:30:56] | “Animal tooth.” | 动物的牙齿哦 |
[1:30:58] | Ancient Indian word, Sortilège? It means “serenity.” | 不是 索梯雷格 是古印第安语,意思是安静祥和 |
[1:31:03] | I minored in the Classics. It’s not Indian, it’s Ancient Greek. | 我选修了古典文学 才不是印第安语 这是古希腊语 |
[1:31:07] | It means “animal tooth made out of gold.” | 意思是金子做成的动物牙齿 |
[1:31:15] | You’re doing good, Doc. | 你干的不错 多克 |
[1:31:20] | – Thanks, Lège. – Okay. | – 谢谢 索梯雷格 – 没事 |
[1:31:25] | Owing to Governor Reagan’s shutdown of most of the state mental facilities… | 因为里根州长关闭了大部分的州立精神病院 |
[1:31:30] | …the private sector had been given carte blanche to pick up the stack. | 私人诊所为了补缺 |
[1:31:34] | Soon, in fact, becoming a standard California child-rearing resource… | 很快成为加州标准的育儿资源 |
[1:31:38] | …for kids like that old Japonica Fenway. | 当然 是对于杰庞嘉·芬维这样的孩子来说 |
[1:31:41] | – Mr. Sportello. – Mm. | – 斯波特罗先生 – 嗯 |
[1:31:43] | – Dr. Aubrey Threeply. – Oh, how do you do? | – 我是施雷普莱医生 – 哦 你好 |
[1:31:46] | – So good to see you. – Nice to see you. | – 很高兴您能来 – 幸会 |
[1:31:48] | – Welcome. Welcome. – Thank you. | – 欢迎 欢迎 – 谢谢 |
[1:31:50] | Would you…? Sorry. Would you like to use the facilities? | 抱歉,请问您想要使用一下我们的设施吗? |
[1:31:54] | You already used the bathroom? Before we take a tour of the facility? | 您上过了厕所吗?在游览之前您用过我们的厕所吧? |
[1:31:58] | This is my colleague Dr. Lily Hammer. | 这是我的同事莉莉·哈默 |
[1:31:59] | – Mr. Sportello. – How do you do? | – 斯波特罗先生 – 你好 |
[1:32:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:32:03] | Please join us. | 一起来吧 |
[1:32:05] | This is our administrative lounge. | 这里是休息室 |
[1:32:08] | Our Chenin blanc comes from the institute’s own vineyard. | 白诗南酒是我们院自己的酒庄酿制的 |
[1:32:12] | Hands steady as a rock today I see, Kimberly. | 金伯利 今天你的手真稳啊 |
[1:32:15] | So happy you noticed, Dr. Threeply. | 很高兴您注意到了 医生 |
[1:32:18] | – More soup? – Yes, if you know what’s good for you. | – 再给我点汤行吗? – 对你身体好就行 |
[1:32:20] | Have you been with us before, Mr. Sportello? I know I’ve seen your face. | 你以前来过这里吗 斯波特罗先生? 我好像见过你 |
[1:32:25] | Mm. First time I’ve been down here. Normally, I don’t get much south of South City. | 我是第一次来这里 正常情况下我很少去南加州南部 |
[1:32:29] | And abnormally? | 那非正常情况下呢? |
[1:32:31] | What? | 什么? |
[1:32:33] | Well, I only meant that with any number of qualified facilities in the Bay Area… | 我只是说 湾区那么多好医院 |
[1:32:37] | …why even bother coming all the way down here to us? | 为什么大老远跑到我家来? |
[1:32:40] | Mm… | 嗯…. |
[1:32:42] | My clients believe that Ojai is a planetary chakra. | 我客户说 这里是精神力量的汇集点 正如人体内代表能量中心的七轮一样 |
[1:32:55] | Chryskylodon’s motion picture palace. | 克里斯基罗顿有座电影宫 |
[1:32:58] | Now showing the Burke Stodger marathon. | 正在放映伯克·斯托奇全集 |
[1:33:00] | All Burke, all day, 24 hours of Stodger. | 整整一天24小时全都是伯克的电影 |
[1:33:04] | … people’s museum. And I warn you once more… | 人民的博物馆…我再警告你一次 |
[1:33:06] | This place is a lie. | 这个地方都是谎言! |
[1:33:08] | This is particularly popular with the patients. | 这个片子在病人中人气很高 |
[1:33:12] | These marvels? | 这些神奇的东西? |
[1:33:15] | This! This was not invented by a Russian. | 电话并不是俄国人发明的 |
[1:33:19] | The man’s name was Bell! Alexander Graham Bell! | 是一个叫贝尔的人发明的 亚历山大·贝尔 |
[1:33:22] | And he was an American! | 他是个美国人! |
[1:33:23] | Get that, comrade. | 听好了 同志! |
[1:33:26] | Everything on this table is as phony as the town. | 这桌子上的一切都像这里的环境一样虚假 |
[1:33:28] | The rotten system you call communism. | 这就是腐朽的共产主义体系! (放映影片为The Russians Are Coming,The Russians Are Coming) |
[1:33:33] | It was occurring to Doc now… | 后来多克想到了之前珍德跟他说的 |
[1:33:35] | …something Jade said once about vertical integration… | 金獠牙联合企业有一套体系的说法 |
[1:33:40] | …that if the Golden Fang can get its customers strung out… | 如果金獠牙能让其客户戒除毒瘾 |
[1:33:43] | …why not turn around and sell them a program to help kick? | 为什么不一面卖给他们毒品 |
[1:33:47] | Get them coming and going. | 一面帮他们戒毒 |
[1:33:48] | Twice as much revenue. | 让他们来来回回呢? |
[1:33:51] | As long as American life was something to be escaped from… | 只要美国还在 只要需要逃避的现实还在 |
[1:33:55] | …the cartel could always be sure of a bottomless pool of new customers. | 金獠牙总能获得数不清的新客户 |
[1:34:31] | Any questions? | 有什么问题吗? |
[1:34:35] | Is that a swastika on that man’s face? | 那人的脸上是纳粹符号吗? |
[1:34:38] | Um, no, it isn’t. | 不 不是的 |
[1:34:40] | That’s an ancient Hindu symbol meaning “All is well.” | 那是一个古印度的符号 意思是一切都好 |
[1:34:45] | – It brings good fortune, luck and well-being. – Oh. | – 带来好运和健康 – 哦 |
[1:34:51] | What do you mean? | 你想说什么? |
[1:34:53] | Only that it looked like a swastika to me. | 在我看来有点像纳粹符号罢了 |
[1:34:55] | Well, he isn’t a regular employee of the Institute. | 他只是个临时工而已 |
[1:35:02] | Perhaps you should pay no attention to that man. | 你根本就不该注意那个人的 |
[1:35:16] | What the fuck? | 搞什么? |
[1:35:19] | …encapsulated in the charming phrase: | 用一句迷人的日语来说 |
[1:35:21] | [日语] | |
[1:35:22] | Which means, of course, “You must be very tired.” | 意思是你现在一定累了吧? |
[1:35:25] | Which brings us to the institute’s own Zen garden imported from Kyoto. | 我们去看一看我们自己的禅院吧 完全是从京都运来的 |
[1:35:30] | But each textured pebble, each grain of white sand… | 即使是铺地的鹅卵石 一片片的白沙 |
[1:35:34] | …was transported and reassembled here exactly in place… | 都完全按照以前的样子 |
[1:35:37] | …by a team of some of our more obsessive patients. | 由带强迫症的病人亲手安置好… |
[1:36:30] | Mickey. | 米奇 |
[1:36:33] | Mickey. | 米奇! |
[1:36:39] | Mickey. | 米奇! |
[1:36:46] | Hello, little hippie. | 你好啊 嬉皮小子 |
[1:36:49] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[1:36:51] | Uh… | 呃… |
[1:36:53] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么呢? |
[1:36:58] | They’re helping me. | 他们是帮我的 |
[1:37:01] | They’re helping me wake up from my bad hippie dream. | 帮我从我的嬉皮噩梦中醒来 |
[1:37:07] | Well, what’d you dream about? | 你都梦到什么了? |
[1:37:14] | I dreamed I gave away all my money. | 我梦见…我捐出了自己的全部财产 |
[1:37:19] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:37:23] | Who brought you here? | 谁带你来这里的? |
[1:37:28] | My friends. | 我的朋友 |
[1:37:34] | Who are your friends? The FBI? | 你的朋友是说FBI的人吗? |
[1:37:40] | I spent my whole life… | 我这一辈子… |
[1:37:44] | I spent my whole life making people pay for shelter. | 这一辈子都在让居民成为房奴 |
[1:37:48] | And all along, I didn’t realize… | 而我却一直没意识到… |
[1:37:54] | I didn’t realize it was supposed to be for free. | 我没有意识到 居所本来就应该是免费的 |
[1:37:59] | For free. | 免费的啊! |
[1:38:05] | Where’s Shasta? | 莎斯塔在哪儿? |
[1:38:15] | What? Tell me, did she come with you? | 告诉我 她跟你在一起吗? |
[1:38:18] | Is she here? | 她在这儿吗? |
[1:38:24] | Mickey, where the fuck is Shasta? | 米奇 他妈的莎斯塔在哪儿? |
[1:38:27] | Go away, little hippie. | 你走吧 嬉皮小子 |
[1:38:33] | Go away. | 走吧 |
[1:38:36] | “A new casino, a hotel, 25,000 square feet… | 建新赌场 酒店 占地2000多平方英尺 |
[1:38:42] | …nine dining places, race and sport booking… | 九家新餐厅 还有竞赛赌博中心… |
[1:38:46] | …shopping, a spa, local swimming pools… | 购物中心 美容中心 泳池… |
[1:38:49] | …and a wedding chapel. | 婚礼教堂 |
[1:38:52] | Wolfmann hopes to attract many Hollywood celebrities.” | 乌尔夫曼希望此举能吸引众多好莱坞名人 |
[1:39:25] | We don’t have much to go on. Just the broadcast Barrett put out. | 没什么严重的情况 只是有个人遭到了袭击 |
[1:39:28] | He was ambushed by two male Negroes, possibly on foot. | 他被两名徒步行动的黑人男性突袭 |
[1:39:31] | He thinks he wounded both of them, but we can’t be sure. | 他认为自己反抗打伤了他们 具体我们也不清楚 |
[1:39:34] | Far as I know, we have two units, code 100. | 反正我们已经有两支队伍待命了 |
[1:39:36] | Aw, Bigfoot, you’re adorable. | 比格福特又去客串了 真可爱 |
[1:39:39] | I’m sure I got them. Both of them. | 我认为他们已经处理好了 |
[1:39:41] | The rest of us can shake the area on foot. | 其他人可以离开了 |
[1:39:43] | Johnson, you and your partner stay here and preserve the scene for the investigators. | 约翰逊 你和你的搭档留下保护现场 |
[1:39:50] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[1:39:53] | Hi, Shasta. | 嗨 莎斯塔 |
[1:39:56] | Hi, Doc. | 嗨 多克 |
[1:40:02] | Well, either I’m on the time machine… | 不然我就是在时光旅行 |
[1:40:06] | …or you’re back. | 不然就是你真的回来了? |
[1:40:09] | I’ve been away. | 我离开了一段时间 |
[1:40:13] | – Where you been? – Up north. | – 你去哪儿了? – 回北方了 |
[1:40:15] | Family stuff. | 家里有事 |
[1:40:20] | Anything been happening down here? | 这边有什么事吗? |
[1:40:26] | Your friend in the, uh, construction business? | 就是你那个…建筑业的朋友… |
[1:40:32] | Oh, that’s all over. | 我们已经结束了 |
[1:40:34] | He’s back with Sloane and the kids. And so what? | 他回到妻子和孩子身边去了 无所谓了 |
[1:40:37] | Mm-hm. | 嗯哼 |
[1:40:40] | You know you got a load of people out looking for you, Shasta. | 很多人找不到你很担心 莎斯塔 |
[1:40:43] | Well, here I am. | 我不是回来了吗 |
[1:40:45] | C’est la vie. | 这就是人生 |
[1:40:47] | “C’est la vie.” | 这就是人生啊 |
[1:40:49] | Que se fucking sera sera. | 世事难料啊 对吧 |
[1:40:54] | Something like that. | 算是吧 |
[1:41:05] | Well, I like your necklace. | 我喜欢你的项链 |
[1:41:10] | Can’t be good. | 肯定没好事 |
[1:41:18] | Mm-hm. | 嗯… |
[1:41:19] | Yeah, word is your girl’s back in town. | 听说你前女友回来了 |
[1:41:22] | Oh, yeah? Well, that’s news to me. | 是吗?我也是刚听说 |
[1:41:26] | Where you been? | 你去哪儿了? |
[1:41:28] | No place I’d recommend. | 没什么值得推荐的地方 |
[1:41:32] | Any developments on the Coy Harlingen matter? | 科伊的案子有进展了吗? |
[1:41:35] | Like you give a shit? | 关你屁事来着? |
[1:41:36] | Any of them include Prussia or Beaverton or any of the fuckers that I’ve given you? | 普鲁士呢?比佛顿呢?那些我让你查的混蛋你都查了吗? |
[1:41:41] | All right, forget that. Listen, listen. | 别说那个了 听着 |
[1:41:43] | Any results on those fang marks? | 你做了那些咬痕化验吗? |
[1:41:46] | Coroner’s people got very upset with me for suggesting more lab work. | 你知道吗 我提起这事时候 法医们都不太高兴呢 |
[1:41:52] | Well, I just thought it’d be a helpful tip to a fellow professional. | 我只是想从专业的角度帮你一下啊 |
[1:41:56] | – You know? – Oh, really? How’s that, Sportello? | – 知道吗? – 怎么就有帮助了,斯波特罗? |
[1:41:59] | Yeah, when your own, um, hearing comes up. | 当你自己要去上听证会的时候 |
[1:42:05] | What are you suggesting? | 你什么意思? |
[1:42:11] | One county supervisor with a bug up his ass is all it takes to bring you down, Bigfoot. | 哪怕只是郡里管事的人的屁股上爬了只臭虫 你也可能倒霉的哦 |
[1:42:24] | This is Mrs. Chastity Bjornsen… | 我是恰斯提提·伯强生夫人 |
[1:42:26] | …and if that is one more sociopathic “special employee” of my husband… | 如果你是我丈夫的任何一个神经病下属 |
[1:42:30] | …I will thank you to stop harassing him on his day off. | 用乱七八糟的事骚扰我放假的丈夫 请你不要再打电话来了 |
[1:42:33] | It’s Sportello. | 是斯波特罗啦 |
[1:42:35] | Oh, Sportello. Doc Sportello? The Doc Sportello? | 哦!是那个斯波特罗? 就是大名鼎鼎的的多克·斯波特罗啊! |
[1:42:39] | So we meet at last. | 我们终于见面了! |
[1:42:41] | Mr. Moral Fucking Turpitude himself! | 道德败坏先生本人! |
[1:42:43] | Have you any idea of the therapist bills around here… | 你知道现在医药费 |
[1:42:46] | …for which you are directly responsible? | 因为你们的影响涨到多高了吗? |
[1:42:48] | – The department picks up a little. – Oh, the department? | – 警察局也出了一点… – 警局? |
[1:42:50] | Yeah, after a deductible that would choke a fucking horse. | 那个免赔额高的可以搞死一匹马! |
[1:42:54] | All right, you know, he called me. | 其实 是他打给我的… |
[1:42:56] | I fail to understand your spineless response to that dirty, hippie piece of shit. | 我就不明白了 你面对那个脏兮兮的嬉皮士简直就是个软骨头! |
[1:43:00] | Would you get the fuck up? | 你他妈站起来 |
[1:43:02] | Get the fuck up, Christian. | 比格福特 你他妈的给我站起来! |
[1:43:05] | Christian, get the fuck up! | 快他妈站起来! |
[1:43:07] | – Now, Christian, please! – Okay. | – 快站起来! – 好吧 |
[1:43:10] | And would you stop acting like a beaten dog. I ask you for one fucking day a week. | 你能不能别天天一副废物样? 我他妈就求你一天别这么窝囊! |
[1:43:15] | No… | 别… |
[1:43:42] | What kind of girl do you need, Doc? | 多克 你到底喜欢什么样的姑娘? |
[1:43:50] | Maybe a thing for one of those Manson chicks? | 是不是喜欢曼森小妞那样的? |
[1:43:55] | Well, thing is that… | 其实… |
[1:43:59] | …depends on what… | 要看情况了… |
[1:44:01] | Are you sure you wanna be doing that? | 你确定你想这样吗? |
[1:44:03] | Submissive, brainwashed, horny, little teeners who do exactly what you want… | 顺从性感 被洗脑的小女孩 是吗? 她们完全按照你想象的行事 |
[1:44:08] | …before you even know what that is. | 你反应不过来 |
[1:44:12] | You don’t have to say a word out loud. They get it all by ESP. | 你还不用张口 她们就知道你想要的是什么 心灵感应到了 |
[1:44:18] | Your kind of chick, Doc? | 你喜欢这样的吗? |
[1:44:22] | You the one that’s been stealing my magazines? | 你是不是偷看我的杂志了? |
[1:44:25] | What would Charlie do? | 查理会怎么做? |
[1:44:31] | Well, probably not this. | 大概不会像我这么做 |
[1:44:55] | Listen, I’m sorry about Mickey. | 听着 对米奇的事 我感到很抱歉 |
[1:44:59] | Mickey. | 哈 米奇 |
[1:45:06] | Mickey could have taught all you swinging beach bums a thing or two. | 米奇能让你们这些小混混学到好多 |
[1:45:12] | He was just so powerful. | 他那么有权势 |
[1:45:18] | Sometimes he could almost make you feel invisible. | 大到让你觉得自己不存在 |
[1:45:25] | Fast | 速度快 |
[1:45:29] | Brutal. | 心肠狠 |
[1:45:32] | Not what you’d call a considerate lover. | 并不是人们常说的那种体贴的爱人 |
[1:45:39] | But we adored it about him. | 但是女人们都喜欢他 |
[1:45:46] | Me… | 我 |
[1:45:49] | …and Sloane and Luz. | 斯隆 还有卢兹 |
[1:45:58] | It’s so nice to be made to feel invisible that way sometimes. | 就算不存在 那感觉有时也是很美妙的 |
[1:46:02] | DOC: Mm. | 嗯 |
[1:46:05] | And guys just love to hear shit like this. | 男人就喜欢听这样的胡扯 |
[1:46:21] | He’d bring me to lunch in Beverly Hills. | 他会带我去贝弗利山庄吃午餐 |
[1:46:26] | One big hand wrapped around my bare arm… | 他的大手挽着我光光的手臂 |
[1:46:29] | …steering me blind down those bright streets… | 带我从灯火通明的街道上 |
[1:46:32] | …into some space where it was dark and cool. | 走到某个黑漆漆又暗又凉的地方 |
[1:46:35] | You couldn’t smell any food, only alcohol. | 你闻不到食物的味道 只有酒精 |
[1:46:41] | He had tables full of them. | 桌子上全都是酒 |
[1:46:44] | They’d all be drinking… | 所有人都在喝酒 |
[1:46:49] | …in a room that could have been any size. | 房间有大有小 |
[1:46:55] | And they all knew Mickey. | 那里的人都认识米奇 |
[1:46:59] | They wanted, some of them… | 他们其中有些人 |
[1:47:04] | …to be Mickey. | 想成为米奇 |
[1:47:09] | He might as well have been bringing me in on a leash. | 有时他会用绳子把我牵进去 |
[1:47:19] | He kept me in those micro-minidresses… | 让我穿超级短的迷你裙 |
[1:47:21] | …never allowing me to wear anything underneath. | 从不让我穿任何内衣 |
[1:47:31] | Just offering me up to whoever wanted… | 把我送给所有想看我的人 |
[1:47:36] | …to stare… | 玩赏 |
[1:47:39] | …or grab. | 抓捏 |
[1:47:43] | Sometimes, he’d fix me up with some of his friends… | 有时候他让我和他的朋友在一起 |
[1:47:47] | …and I’d have to do whatever they wanted. | 做他们想让我做的事 |
[1:47:52] | Why are you telling me this? | 你为什么要告诉我这些? |
[1:47:56] | I’m sorry, Doc. | 抱歉 多克 |
[1:47:59] | Do you want me to stop? | 你想让我停下来吗? |
[1:48:06] | If my girlfriend had run off to be the bought-and-sold whore… | 如果我女朋友像个婊子一样甩了我 |
[1:48:10] | …of some scumbag developer… | 去找某个混蛋房地产商人 |
[1:48:16] | I’d just be so angry, I don’t know what I’d do. | 我会气得不知所措 |
[1:48:26] | No. | 哦 不 |
[1:48:29] | I’m even lying about that. I know what I’d do. | 我说谎了 我知道该怎么做 |
[1:48:35] | If I had the faithless little bitch over my lap like this… | 如果我那背信弃义的婊子像这样趴在我的腿上 我会—— |
[1:49:40] | This doesn’t mean we’re back together. | 这样也不证明我们和好了 |
[1:49:45] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[1:49:47] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[1:50:23] | You didn’t get this necklace up North, hmm? | 这项链是从哪里来的?不会是从北方来的吧? |
[1:50:30] | I went on a boat ride. | 我乘船出海去了 |
[1:50:35] | Like a three-hour tour? | 三小时的航行吗? |
[1:50:42] | They told me… | 他们说 |
[1:50:43] | …I was precious cargo that couldn’t be insured because of inherent vice. | 我是无法保险的贵重货物 因为我的固有缺陷 |
[1:50:49] | What’s that? | 什么意思? |
[1:50:53] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[1:51:10] | – Hmm? – Kiss me. | – 嗯? – 吻我 |
[1:51:34] | “Inherent vice,” in a marine insurance policy… | 固有缺陷 海事保险的专业用语 |
[1:51:39] | …is anything that you can’t avoid. | 意思就是无法避免的损坏 |
[1:51:42] | Eggs break… | 比如鸡蛋破碎 |
[1:51:43] | …chocolate melts… | 巧克力融化 |
[1:51:45] | …glass shatters… | 玻璃开裂 |
[1:51:47] | …and Doc wondered what that meant when it applied to ex-old ladies. | 多克思考着这个词用在前女友身上 又是什么意思呢 |
[1:52:03] | What’s on your mind, Doc? | 多克 你在想什么呢? |
[1:52:06] | Besides the usual? | 我是说 除了你平时想的那些之外? |
[1:52:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:52:14] | I’m like, you know… | 我觉得… |
[1:52:18] | …working myself into a brain freeze here, Lège. | 我都要脑冻结了 索梯雷格 |
[1:52:25] | Well, put it another way: | 好吧 换句话说 |
[1:52:27] | What’s gonna nag at you in the middle of the night? | 夜深人静的时候 最困扰你的想法是什么? |
[1:52:30] | What’s gonna nag at me in the middle of the night? | 夜深人静的时候 最困扰我的想法是什么? |
[1:52:36] | Little kid blues? | 小孩子的忧郁 |
[1:52:40] | Saxophone players? | 还有那个萨克斯乐手 |
[1:52:47] | You know, whatever… | 其实 无论如何 |
[1:52:50] | …he meant to do… Coy, you know, mistakes aside, and… | 对错放在一边 我想帮科伊… |
[1:52:58] | Nobody deserves to go through life without seeing their daughter. | 不能让他一辈子都见不到他的女儿 |
[1:53:02] | That don’t sit well with me. | 绝对不可以 |
[1:53:09] | Then go get them. | 那就快去救他 |
[1:53:13] | – Put it on your desk. – Thank you. | – 放在桌上吧 – 好 谢谢 |
[1:53:15] | – Whoa. What are you doing here? Yeah. – “Whoa”? | – 哇,你来干嘛? – 哇什么? |
[1:53:17] | Wanted to see if you were free for dinner. I didn’t mean to freak you out. | 就是来看看你有没有空一起吃饭 没想把你吓成这样 |
[1:53:21] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[1:53:23] | – Am I? – Are you? | – 我没事吗? – 到底有吗? |
[1:53:26] | Should I call security? | 要我叫保安吗? |
[1:53:28] | – No, Rhus. – I don’t think we need… | – 不用了 拉斯 – 没必要 |
[1:53:30] | This is the one I was telling you about. | 这就是我跟你说过的那个 |
[1:53:44] | Yeah? | 怎么了? |
[1:53:45] | You know your pals have Mickey Wolfmann? | 知道吗,你的哥们儿绑架了米奇 |
[1:53:47] | What? The FBI? I mean, we suspected, but we couldn’t prove it. | 什么?FBI吗?我们怀疑过 但是没有确切证据 |
[1:53:51] | Well, I saw him in their custody. | 我看见他们看守着他 |
[1:53:52] | – You saw him? – Yeah. | – 你看见了? – 对 |
[1:53:57] | Would you be willing to let me depone you? | 你愿不愿意被我作证? |
[1:53:59] | – Sure would. – You would? | – 好啊 – 你愿意? |
[1:54:00] | What is it? | 那是啥意思? |
[1:54:01] | You, me, a tape machine, maybe another DDA to witness it. | 就是你 我 加一台录音机 或许再叫一个检察官旁听 |
[1:54:05] | – All right, I need something from you though. – What? | – 好吧…听着 我求你个事 – 什么事? |
[1:54:07] | I need to look up somebody’s jacket. | 我想查个档案 |
[1:54:10] | That’s it? That’s no big deal. We do that all the time. | 就这…?没问题 我们天天自己去查 |
[1:54:13] | What, you break into officially sealed records all the time? | 你们天天都违法查绝密档案? |
[1:54:17] | Grow up. What’s the name on the file? | 别装傻了 想查什么档案 |
[1:54:20] | Adrian Prussia. | 艾德里安·普鲁士的档案 |
[1:54:34] | As if looking for something he didn’t want to find… | 就像打开了多克根本不想去打开的大门 |
[1:54:37] | …it became clear as vodka you keep in the icebox… | 他也终于明白了这些档案为什么会像老酒一样被封存 |
[1:54:41] | …that, whatever the connection between the L.A.P.D. and Adrian Prussia… | 档案里全都是洛杉矶警局和普鲁士所做的不齿勾当 |
[1:54:46] | …he might as well have been working for them as a contract killer… | 普鲁士算得上是洛杉矶警局的雇佣杀手 |
[1:54:49] | …doing deeds for them they couldn’t do for themselves. | 专门为警局杀不顺眼又不便下手的人 |
[1:54:53] | Time after time, he was pulled in, questioned, arraigned, indicted, no matter. | 这些年来 普鲁士被怀疑过 问询过甚至逮捕过 |
[1:54:58] | Somehow the cases never quite got to trial… | 他的案子却从没有一件开庭审理 |
[1:55:01] | …each being bargained down in the interest of justice… | 这些案件都在维护司法公正过程中不了了之 |
[1:55:05] | …not to mention Adrian, who invariably walked. | 最终无论是什么样的麻烦 普鲁士都能顺利脱身 |
[1:55:08] | And one of those deeds appeared to be labeled… | 引起他注意的 |
[1:55:11] | … “the justifiable homicide” of one of the L.A.P.D.’s very own: | 则是一则误杀洛杉矶警局警员文森特·因得利卡托的案件 |
[1:55:15] | Vincent indelicato. | 文森特·因得利卡托 |
[1:55:18] | Otherwise known as… | 同时也是 |
[1:55:20] | …Bigfoot’s partner. | 比格福特·伯强生唯一的搭档 |
[1:55:22] | Bigfoot. | 比格福特… |
[1:55:24] | Bigfoot’s partner? | 比格福特的搭档? |
[1:55:26] | Fucking Bigfoot’s partner? | 竟然是该死的比格福特的搭档? |
[1:55:28] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[1:55:31] | Bigfoot’s air of possessed melancholy now began to make sense. | 现在比格福特深深的忧郁一下有了解释 |
[1:55:36] | This was mourning, all right. | 这是一种哀悼 |
[1:55:39] | And it was deep. | 而且痛的很深 |
[1:55:40] | This your new partner, Bigfoot? | 这是你的新搭档吗 比格福特? |
[1:55:42] | Want a banana, Adrian? Bend over and I’ll stick it in for you. | 吃香蕉吗 艾德里安?你弯下腰我还会帮你捅进去哦 |
[1:55:45] | Fuck you and fuck your banana. | 你和你的香蕉都去死吧 |
[1:55:47] | Oh, man, oh, man. | 天啊… |
[1:55:49] | Never be surprised at the levels of disrespect within the L.A.P.D. | 千万可别小看洛杉矶警局的无礼程度 |
[1:55:54] | But this was downright nasty, not to mention unprofessional. | 但这件事实在太恶心 更别提比格福特有多不专业了 |
[1:55:58] | This bond between partners was nearly the only thing Doc had ever found… | 这种搭档之间情谊 |
[1:56:02] | …to admire about the L.A.P.D. | 是唯一能让多克为洛杉矶警局所产生的感动… |
[1:56:06] | You know, there’s places you don’t wanna go, Doc. | 有些事你永远不想明白 多克 |
[1:56:10] | Go back to the beach. | 回滩区去吧 |
[1:56:12] | You smell like a patchouli fart. | 你闻起来就像个香油屁 |
[1:56:16] | So here’s Doc. | 多克就在这 |
[1:56:20] | Midnight, pitch-dark. .. | 在漆黑一片的午夜里 |
[1:56:22] | …can’t remember whether they drained the pool or not… | 多克不记得泳池有没有放空水了 |
[1:56:25] | …but, hey, what the fuck’s it matter? | 但是去他的吧 有什么关系 |
[1:56:28] | He bounced once, twice… | 他在跳板上弹了一下 两下 |
[1:56:31] | …and then off the end of the board in a blind cannonball… | 在跳板尽头起跳 团起身子 用最有劲的入水姿势 |
[1:56:35] | …down into old karma with Adrian Prussia… | 跳进了与艾德里安·普鲁士的过往 |
[1:56:38] | …who had not only shot at him once… | 他不仅被普鲁士举枪射击过 |
[1:56:40] | …but threatened him with a Carl Yastrzemski Special baseball bat. | 还被他用球棒威胁过 |
[1:56:44] | All this leaving Doc to wonder: | 所有这一切都让多克困惑 |
[1:56:48] | “Where’s the partner to watch my back?” | 想着:我怎么就没个搭档来给我撑腰呢? |
[1:56:52] | Far out, man. | 真是奇怪 |
[1:56:55] | Right. | 对啊 |
[1:56:57] | Psychedelic. | 迷幻… |
[1:57:00] | Done. | 好的 |
[1:57:07] | So you’re here about…? | 你是干嘛来的? |
[1:57:10] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[1:57:12] | Uh… | 呃… |
[1:57:16] | Wait a minute. This is bullshit. | 等等 见鬼了… |
[1:57:20] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[1:57:23] | You’re that kid from Fritz’s shop out in Santa Monica, right? | 你是那个圣塔莫尼卡的弗瑞兹 店里来的孩子 对吧? |
[1:57:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:57:27] | So, what you up to these days? Skip tracing? | 你最近干什么呢?还在帮人要债? |
[1:57:30] | Or did you go into the priesthood? | 还是去当了神父? |
[1:57:34] | PI. | 我做私家侦探 |
[1:57:36] | Heh. They gave you a license? | 他们居然给你发执照? |
[1:57:40] | So who sent you here? | 谁派你来的? |
[1:57:42] | – Mm. Uh… – Who are you working for today? | – 这个… – 你现在为谁工作? |
[1:57:44] | All on spec. All on my own time. | 我就是自己误打误撞 花的都是自己的时间 |
[1:57:49] | Wrong answer. | 答错了 |
[1:57:52] | How much of your own time do you think you got left, kid? | 你觉得自己还剩下多少时间呢? |
[1:57:57] | I was just about to ask. | 我只是想问一下… |
[1:58:02] | Howdy, Puck. | 你好 帕克 |
[1:58:04] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗? |
[1:58:06] | I don’t think I do. | 我不认识你啊 |
[1:58:08] | I don’t know, you must remind me of someone I ran into someplace. | 哦 那你一定是和我认识的一个人很像 |
[1:58:12] | My mistake. | 我认错了 |
[1:58:13] | I have a busy day ahead… | 我今天很忙 |
[1:58:18] | …and I know nothing… | 对你们的事 |
[1:58:21] | …of any of this. | 我一无所知哦 |
[1:58:31] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么? |
[1:58:34] | I was just, uh, talking to Adrian. | 来跟艾德里安聊聊 |
[1:58:40] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[1:58:42] | It’s these, uh… | 有一个… |
[1:58:45] | …various cases I’m working on. | 我正在忙的复杂案子和他有关 |
[1:58:47] | And, uh… | 还有… |
[1:58:51] | …mm, Glen Charlock… | 格伦·夏洛克 |
[1:58:55] | …and, uh, Vincent indelicato… | 还有文森特·因得利卡托 |
[1:59:13] | …and, uh… | 还有… |
[1:59:14] | …where’d… | 哪儿… |
[1:59:18] | …you… | 你从… |
[1:59:20] | …get that-? | 弄到… |
[1:59:24] | That necklace… | 你这项链 |
[1:59:26] | …it looks funny on you. | 你这项链真有意思 |
[1:59:28] | Big man, small necklace. | 这么壮的人戴这么小的项链 |
[1:59:33] | Acid invites you through a door. | 迷幻药能诱使你穿过一道门 |
[1:59:36] | PCP opens that door… | 而天使粉能帮你打开这扇门 |
[1:59:39] | …shoves you through it… | 把你推进去 |
[1:59:41] | …slams the door behind you… | 给你关上门 |
[1:59:44] | …and locks it. | 最后把门锁上 |
[1:59:54] | Special treat for you today, doper. | 多克 今天给你准备了高级货 |
[1:59:57] | Just got it in a shipment… | 刚运到的货 |
[1:59:59] | …of pure Number 4. | 特纯四号中国白粉 |
[2:00:02] | Ain’t a white guy’s finger laid on it… | 还没有白人小子试过那种货呢 |
[2:00:05] | …between the Golden Triangle… | 从金三角直接运来 |
[2:00:09] | …and your own throbbing vein. | 再进入你的搏动的血管 |
[2:00:13] | Just let me step out here… | 我现在先离开一下 |
[2:00:16] | …and I’ll go get you some. | 去给你拿点那个 |
[2:00:25] | Don’t go away now. | 别走哦 |
[2:01:37] | Puck! | 帕克! |
[2:01:44] | Pucky! | 帕克! |
[2:02:04] | Did I hit you? | 我打中你了吗? |
[2:02:34] | Bigfoot? | 比格福特? |
[2:02:36] | What the fuck? | 你他妈在干吗? |
[2:02:40] | Did you take care of them okay, Doc? | 你把他们都解决好了吧 多克? |
[2:02:42] | You fucking lunatic! What is this? | 你他妈简直是个疯子!你在搞什么? |
[2:02:47] | I’m in enough shit personally with the captain… | 我和警局队长之间有私人恩怨 |
[2:02:50] | …and I’ve seen you on the range. Nice work. | 刚好又发现你在查相关的案子 干的不错 |
[2:02:54] | What are you…? | 你在干吗? |
[2:02:56] | And that there, is that what I think it is? Huh? | 那个 是我想的那种东西吗? |
[2:03:00] | There’s one of or two of them. There’s more. Enough left for evidence. | 这只是一部分 剩下的足够当证据了 |
[2:03:04] | Man, Bigfoot, I saw the movie. | 比格福特 我看过这电影 |
[2:03:07] | As I recall, that character comes to a bad end. | 我记得里面的主人公最后下场特别惨 |
[2:03:10] | Put the gun away, Doc. | 把枪放下 多克 |
[2:03:12] | – What? – The gun. Put it away. | – 什么? – 枪啊 放下 |
[2:03:14] | This is the Golden Fang you’re about to rip off, man. | 你他妈要吞的可是金獠牙的货 |
[2:03:17] | The fully fucking weird outfit that kills people. | 这个组织深不可测 太危险了 |
[2:03:20] | That’s according to your own delusional system. Get in the car. | 你精神错乱了才会这么想 快上车! |
[2:03:24] | Get in the car! | 上车啊 |
[2:03:48] | Where are we going? | 我们这是去哪儿? |
[2:03:51] | We had to impound your car again. | 我们又押了一次你的车 |
[2:03:55] | It was parked illegally… | 你违规停车了 |
[2:03:57] | …in front of Adrian’s. | 在艾德里安的车前面 |
[2:04:34] | Psst. | 喂 |
[2:04:36] | Doper’s ESP, Doc. | 嗑药的心灵感应啊 多克 |
[2:04:39] | Doper’s ESP. | 心灵感应 |
[2:04:48] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[2:04:51] | Bigfoot, you motherfucker. | 比格福特 我操你妈 |
[2:04:55] | Okay, Doc, you have what looks to be a 20-kilo inconvenience in your trunk. | 好吧 多克 现在你的后备箱里有大概20公斤的毒品 |
[2:05:00] | And Bigfoot, no doubt, putting out word to that effect. | 比格福特现在肯定已经把风声放了出去 |
[2:05:04] | And once again, you’re the bait. | 多克 你又成了诱饵 |
[2:05:33] | Hello? | 喂? |
[2:05:35] | It’s sure been a long time. | 很久不见了 |
[2:05:38] | And your name was? | 你叫什么来着? |
[2:05:41] | This is Crocker Fenway. | 克罗克·芬维 |
[2:05:43] | Japonica’s dad? | 杰庞嘉的父亲吗? |
[2:05:46] | Oh… | 哦 |
[2:05:48] | What happened this time? | 又有什么事? |
[2:05:50] | You have something that belongs to some people I represent, and they’d like it back. | 你手里有我代理客户的东西 我想把他们拿回来 |
[2:05:55] | Oh. So you’re a principal in all this? | 你也是当事人之一吗? |
[2:05:59] | It’s only because of me and our small transaction over Japonica… | 也正是因为我和杰庞嘉的关系 |
[2:06:03] | …that you’re still alive. | 你现在还活着 |
[2:06:05] | Ever so grateful, sir. | 谢谢 我很感激 |
[2:06:09] | So, what do we do? | 我们怎么交货? |
[2:06:11] | I suppose someone wants their, uh… | 怎么把东西给你… |
[2:06:15] | …back? | 送回去? |
[2:06:16] | Why don’t we meet this evening at 6:00 at my club, The Portola, in Elysian Park. | 今晚6点在我的俱乐部波托拉见面吧 在艾利逊公园附近 |
[2:06:23] | Mm-hm. ls there a dress code? | 呃…有着装要求吗? |
[2:06:25] | A jacket and tie, if possible. | 夹克衫,可能的话打领带 |
[2:06:29] | I’ll see you then. | 那我们到时候见 |
[2:06:43] | Mr. Sportello. | 斯波特罗先生 |
[2:06:46] | Mr. Fenway. | 芬维先生 |
[2:07:03] | To a peaceful… | 为我们和平解决 |
[2:07:06] | …resolution. | 干杯 |
[2:07:14] | How’s the family? | 你家人还好吗? |
[2:07:17] | Japonica’s… | 如果你是问杰庞嘉 |
[2:07:19] | …doing fine, if that’s what you mean. | …还算不错吧 |
[2:07:23] | You know… | 你知道吗,我… |
[2:07:25] | …I think I saw old Japonica the other day at my doctor’s office. | 我那天在牙医的办公室跟杰庞嘉见了一面 |
[2:07:31] | You ever run across a dentist named Rudy Blatnoyd? | 想问问你有没有碰见过一个 叫鲁迪·布拉特诺德的牙医? |
[2:07:34] | The son of a bitch who until recently was corrupting my daughter? | 这混蛋最近还打算猥亵我女儿 |
[2:07:38] | Yes, I do seem to recall the name. | 我确实记得他 |
[2:07:41] | He perished in a trampoline accident, didn’t he? | 不过听说他死于蹦床事故了? |
[2:07:45] | L.A.P.D. aren’t so sure it was an accident. | 洛杉矶警局可不觉得只是事故而已 |
[2:07:49] | And you’d like to know if I did it? | 你觉得是我干的吗? |
[2:07:54] | What possible motive would I have? | 我有什么动机去做这件事? |
[2:07:57] | Just because the man preyed on… | 就因为他觊觎 |
[2:08:00] | …an emotionally vulnerable child? | 我情感脆弱的女儿吗? |
[2:08:03] | Forced her to engage in sexual practices… | 因为他的恶行 |
[2:08:06] | …that might appall even a sophisticate like yourself? | 让你这样自以为见多识广的人都瞠目结舌吗? |
[2:08:09] | Does that mean I’d have any reason to see his miserable… | 难道这些意味着 |
[2:08:12] | …pedophile career come to an end? | 我要看着他可怜的猥亵生涯完蛋吗? |
[2:08:14] | What a vindictive person you must imagine me. | 你把我想的太狭隘了 |
[2:08:19] | Mm… | 嗯 |
[2:08:20] | Mm, I did suspect he was fucking his receptionist, but what dentist doesn’t? | 我的确怀疑他跟自己的接待员有一腿 但是哪个牙医不这么做呢? |
[2:08:26] | It’s some oath they all take in dentist school. | 他们在念医学院的时候都发过誓啊 |
[2:08:29] | Anyhow, it’s a long way from strange and weird sex, isn’t it? | 不过 这也算不上什么变态的性行为吧 |
[2:08:34] | What about when he forced my girl to listen… | 那你说 他跟我女儿上床时 |
[2:08:37] | …to original cast albums of Broadway musicals while he had his way with her? | 竟让她听百老汇原声音乐剧 |
[2:08:44] | Or the tastelessness of the decor… | 还有…他在开牙髓医学会的时候 |
[2:08:49] | …of resort hotel rooms he took her to… | 带她去住 |
[2:08:52] | …during endodontist conventions. | 毫无品味的度假酒店! |
[2:08:56] | The wallpaper. | 那墙纸 |
[2:08:58] | The lamps. | 还有那台灯! |
[2:09:03] | Japonica’s of legal age now, isn’t she? | 不过杰庞嘉已经到了法定年龄了吧? |
[2:09:07] | In a father’s eye, they’re always too young. | 在父亲的眼里她们永远都太小 |
[2:09:18] | To the matter at hand. | 话说回来 |
[2:09:19] | Those I represent are prepared to offer you a generous compensation package… | 我代表的当事人 因为你快速安全送回我们的货物 |
[2:09:24] | …for the safe return of their property. | 准备给你一笔丰厚的补偿 |
[2:09:27] | Suppose it didn’t have to be in the form of money. | 不一定非要是金钱形式的吧 |
[2:09:31] | Well, money would be a lot easier. | 给钱更简单一些 |
[2:09:36] | There’s a saxophone player named Coy Harlingen. | 有个吹萨克斯的乐手叫科伊·哈林根 |
[2:09:39] | He’s been working undercover for different anti-subversive outfits, including the L.A.P.D. | 他曾为不同的颠覆组织做过卧底 包括洛杉矶警局 |
[2:09:44] | And he’s come to feel lately that he made the wrong career choice. | 他最近发现自己入错了行 |
[2:09:48] | It lost him his family, his freedom. | 使得他失去了家庭和自由 |
[2:09:50] | And like you, he only has one daughter. | 他和你一样只有一个女儿 |
[2:09:53] | Please. | 拜托 |
[2:09:55] | Okay. Well, he wants out. | 好…吧?他想要退出 |
[2:09:59] | And I think I can square it with the heat. | 我可以去搞定洛杉矶警局 |
[2:10:01] | But there’s this other bunch, Vigilant California. | 但是还有个叫加州警戒者的组织 |
[2:10:05] | And, well, whoever’s running them,of course… | 以及他们背后的人 |
[2:10:12] | My guess is they’d prefer he not disclose any confidential information. | 他们只希望科伊不要泄露任何机密 |
[2:10:17] | I’ll see he’d ever do. | 我保证他不会泄露 |
[2:10:19] | Your personal guarantee? | 你替他担保了? |
[2:10:21] | I’ll go after him myself if he tries anything. | 要是他做错了什么 我会亲自去找他的 |
[2:10:24] | Then we have a deal. | 那就这么定了 |
[2:10:28] | That’s all you wanted? | 你就要这个吗? |
[2:10:30] | No money now? Are you sure? | 你真的一点钱都不想拿吗? |
[2:10:35] | Well, now, how much money would I have to take from you so I wouldn’t lose your respect? | 你觉得我拿多少钱才不会得到您的鄙视呢? |
[2:10:41] | It’s a bit late for that, Mr. Sportello. | 话说的太晚了 斯波特罗先生 |
[2:10:44] | People like you lose all claim to respect the first time they pay anybody rent. | 你们这种人 从第一次交房租的时候 就已经被鄙视了 |
[2:10:53] | Well, I may not be as well-connected… | 我也许人脉没有你们广 |
[2:10:55] | …and for sure, not as much into revenge as you folks are… | 也不像你们一样善于复仇 |
[2:11:01] | …but if you’re jiving with me, my man… | 不过如果你要是敢耍我的话 |
[2:11:04] | …I say to you: | 小心你的命 |
[2:11:08] | Hmm? | 嗯? |
[2:11:13] | So where we gonna do this handoff? | 那么 我们怎么交货呢? |
[2:11:18] | Don’t know much about history | |
[2:11:21] | Don’t know much biology | |
[2:11:25] | Don’t know much about science books | |
[2:11:28] | Golden Fang operatives, 12 o’clock. Fast approaching. | 金獠牙的人来了 十二点钟方向 |
[2:11:31] | Look sharp. | 行动迅速 留意一下 |
[2:11:36] | And I know that if you love me too | |
[2:11:39] | What a wonderful world it would be | |
[2:11:44] | Don’t know much about geography | |
[2:11:47] | Don’t know much trigonometry | |
[2:11:51] | All right, you got the keys in here? | 你有钥匙吧? |
[2:11:55] | Don’t know what a slide rule is for | |
[2:11:58] | But I do know, one and one is two | |
[2:12:02] | And if this world could be with you | |
[2:12:05] | What a wonderful world this would be | |
[2:12:10] | Now, what’s all this? | 这是什么东西? |
[2:12:13] | It’s a credit card. Don’t hippies have them? | 信用卡 难道嬉皮士们没用过吗? |
[2:12:16] | Yeah, I must’ve meant that why is your mother handing me this? | 我是问为什么你妈妈要给我这个 |
[2:12:20] | – It’s not for you. – Ah. Uh… | – 不是给你的 – 哦 |
[2:12:24] | You’re supposed to tell him: “Well done. Welcome back to the main herd. | 你跟他说:干得漂亮 欢迎回到大部队 |
[2:12:28] | Safe journeys.” | 祝旅途顺利 |
[2:12:30] | That’s journeys, plural. | 记住是复数的“旅途” |
[2:12:32] | “Well done. Welcome back to the herd. Safe journeys.” | 干得漂亮 欢迎回答大部队 复数的旅途顺利 |
[2:12:34] | Okay, I guess I can remember that. | 好吧 我会记住的 |
[2:12:47] | – What are you looking at? – Huh? | – 你瞎看啥呢? – 哈? |
[2:12:49] | What? | 什么? |
[2:12:57] | So you guys been working for the Golden Fang long? | 你们为金獠牙工作很久了吗? |
[2:13:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[2:13:23] | Sassy, little girl. Nasty. Mean. | 真是野蛮的小姑娘 一点都不讲理 |
[2:13:34] | There’s nothing? All right. | 没东西了吧?好了 |
[2:14:00] | Everything’s cool. | 一切顺利 |
[2:14:01] | I’m officially off everybody’s payroll. Burke Stodger just called me. | 我从所有工资单上都被除名了 伯克·斯托奇亲自打电话通知我的 |
[2:14:05] | You’re a dangerous hombre. | 你真是个厉害的家伙 |
[2:14:07] | Drive. | 走吧 |
[2:14:31] | You all right? | 你还好吗? |
[2:14:34] | I’m nervous. | 我很紧张 |
[2:14:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[2:14:41] | You know what the Indians say. | 你听过印第安人说的吗? |
[2:14:44] | – You saved my life… – Ugh… | – 你救了我的命… – 哦… |
[2:14:45] | …now you’re responsible for it. | 你就得对我负责 |
[2:14:48] | No, man. No, that’s not true. | 不是的 那个不准的 |
[2:14:52] | Some hippie made that up, man. | 都是嬉皮士自己编的 |
[2:14:55] | You saved your own life, man. Now you get to live it. | 你救了自己 所以你自己好好活下去 |
[2:15:53] | Baby! | 亲爱的! |
[2:16:13] | Yet there is no avoiding time. | 时间是无法逃离的 |
[2:16:17] | The sea of time. | 时间之海 |
[2:16:20] | The sea of memory and forgetfulness. | 记忆之海 遗忘之海 |
[2:16:24] | The years of promise gone and unrecoverable. | 曾经承诺的年月 过去就不再回来 |
[2:16:29] | Of the land almost allowed to claim its better destiny… | 那个地方的人们 差点就要被恩赐更好的命运 |
[2:16:33] | …only to have that claim jumped by evildoers known all too well… | 但又被那些我们十分熟悉的作恶者所破坏 |
[2:16:38] | …and taken instead… | 还被他们捕为人质 |
[2:16:39] | …and held hostage to the future we must live in now, forever. | 我们只能永远生活在现在 无法抵达将来 |
[2:16:44] | So who got her? | 现在谁把她拿下了? |
[2:16:46] | Department of Justice. | 司法部 |
[2:16:48] | So, like, uh, justice was served? | 所以现在正义得到伸张了 对吗? |
[2:16:50] | That’s exactly right, Doc. That’s exactly right. | 对 说得对 多克 |
[2:16:54] | May we trust this blessed ship is bound for some better shore. | 希望我们可以信赖 那里有一片更美好的已被救赎的海岸 |
[2:17:00] | Risen and redeemed. | 在那里 |
[2:17:03] | Where the American fate mercifully fatted to transpire. | 感谢仁慈的主 有着不为人知的的美国命运 |
[2:17:22] | Don’t get up. | 不用起身 |
[2:17:24] | Bigfoot. Man… | 比格福特 |
[2:17:27] | You smashed down my door? | 你怎么能直接把我的门踹了? |
[2:17:30] | Come on. | 拜托了… |
[2:17:31] | After a long and busy day of civil rights violations… | 今天侵犯人权的活太累 |
[2:17:36] | …I found myself in the neighborhood and compelled to drop in. | 不知怎么的就开到你这儿来了 |
[2:17:40] | Just to check and see the current state of affairs of my old stomping grounds. | 就来看看 你在这个我践踏习惯了的猪窝里生活得如何 |
[2:17:45] | Seeing as your effort to keep lines of communication had been… | 我看你最近跟我的联系保持得… |
[2:17:49] | …limited. | 退一步讲 |
[2:17:50] | To say the least. | 你有点不上心啊 |
[2:17:53] | Well, I’ve been busy. | 我…最近挺忙的 |
[2:17:56] | Trying to figure out which side of the Zig-Zag paper’s the sticky side? | 忙着找卷烟纸哪面是带黏性的吗? |
[2:18:03] | Give it to me. | 给我 |
[2:18:33] | Listen. | 听着 |
[2:18:34] | – I’m sorry about last night. | – 昨晚很抱歉 – 昨晚很抱歉 – I’m sorry about last night |
[2:18:37] | – You? | – 你? – 你? – You? |
[2:18:38] | Why should you be sorry? | 你道什么歉? |
[2:18:42] | Weird. | 真奇怪… |
[2:19:13] | Uh… | 呃… |
[2:19:19] | Are you okay, brother? | 你还好吧 兄弟? |
[2:19:26] | I’m not your brother. | 我才不是你的兄弟 |
[2:19:29] | No, but you could use a keeper. | 不过你显然需要人照顾啊 |
[2:19:52] | Remember that day? | 你还记得那天吗? |
[2:19:54] | The Ouija board set us off into that big storm? | 显灵板带我们去的那场大雨? |
[2:20:00] | This feels the same way tonight. | 今晚的感觉和那时一样 |
[2:20:06] | Just us. | 只有我们两个 |
[2:20:08] | Together. | 在一起 |
[2:20:15] | Almost like being underwater. | 就像在水底一样 |
[2:20:22] | The world… | 所有的一切 |
[2:20:25] | …everything… | 一切 |
[2:20:30] | …gone someplace else. | 都好像去了另个世界 |
[2:20:37] | Just figured it was Sortilége setting us up. | 我就觉得索梯雷格在耍我们 |
[2:20:43] | No. | 没有 |
[2:20:45] | Her Ouija board and… | 什么乱七八糟的显灵板 |
[2:20:47] | – She knows things, Doc. – Mm. | – 她了解这些事 多克 – 嗯 |
[2:20:53] | Maybe about us that we don’t know. | 或许她比我们自己都要了解我们 |
[2:21:12] | This don’t mean we’re back together. | 这并不意味着我们和好了 |
[2:21:22] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[2:21:48] | 翻译参考:2011年版 上海译文出版社 《性本恶》 译者 但汉松 |