Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

How To Die Simons Choice(如何面对死亡:西蒙的抉择)[2016]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on June 16, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on How To Die Simons Choice(如何面对死亡:西蒙的抉择)[2016]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
电影名称:如何面对死亡:西蒙的抉择
英文名称:How To Die Simons Choice
年代:2016

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[00:13] Hi, Debbie. 你好黛比
[00:15] It’s Simon here. 我是西蒙
[00:18] I know we’ve had our ups and downs, 我知道我们一起经历了很多风风雨雨
[00:21] but I really do appreciate everything you’ve done for me. 但我真的很感谢你为我所做的一切
[00:30] Up! 起
[00:34] I’ve been phenomenally lucky. 我一直都特别幸运
[00:37] Such a loving family. 有一个充满爱的家
[00:40] So many wonderful friends. 有这么多好朋友
[00:46] I will miss it all. 我会想念这一切的
[00:57] We will perhaps never know the full nature of 我们可能永远都不会知道
[01:00] Simon’s thoughts on life and death. 西蒙对生命和死亡的全部见解
[01:03] I suspect they were as complex 我想这些见解会和他本人一样
[01:06] and interesting as the man himself. 既有深度又不失风趣
[01:17] The toll that his disease took seems cruel. 疾病对他的影响是残酷的
[01:24] 我恨它 屈辱 无助
[01:33] The law is very clear. 法律说得很清楚
[01:35] In this country, we can’t help people end their lives. 这个国家不允许我们帮助别人结束他们的生命
[01:42] Everybody can change mind, 即使在最后一刻
[01:45] right in the last moment. 人们都可以改变主意
[01:52] I feel so strongly inside that this isn’t the right thing to do. 我内心强烈地感觉到这样做是不对的
[01:58] He’s still really, really enjoying life. 他还是那么享受生活
[02:10] If he goes to Switzerland, 如果他去瑞士
[02:11] there is a price to be paid by other people 就要有人为此付出代价
[02:14] and they may not be that happy to pay it. 而他们可能会不乐意
[02:20] How he dies is so important. 他如何死这件事
[02:23] For our children, 对我们的孩子
[02:24] for his sisters, his mother. 对他的姐妹和母亲是很重要的
[02:30] However final it might feel to you now, 此时的你也许认为这是结束
[02:34] today is not the last word for Simon. 但今天对于西蒙来说不是结束
[03:00] This is our lovely room. 这是我们温馨的小屋
[03:05] Have you enjoyed your day in the mountains, Simon? 在山里日子感觉如何 西蒙
[03:11] Has it been frustrating, not being able to speak? 不能说话是不是感觉很沮丧
[03:17] But you had a nice time? 但你玩得还是很开心
[03:22] Good. 很好
[03:25] You know, it’s your 14th wedding anniversary today. 今天是你第十四个结婚纪念日
[03:29] How does that make you feel? 对此你感觉如何
[03:36] Happy anniversary to Debbie and Simon. 祝黛比和西蒙结婚纪念日快乐
[03:40] Simon, I’ve zoomed in, I can see you really well! 西蒙我拉近镜头了 我能很清楚地看到你
[03:44] We’ve been married 14 years 我们已经结婚十四年了
[03:46] and we’ve just had such fun together. 我们在一起一直都很开心
[03:48] Simon! 西蒙
[03:51] He’s like a little boy, in some ways! 从某种程度来讲 他就像个小男孩
[03:54] But I like his energy. 但我喜欢他活力四射
[03:57] I like the fact life seems very alive when he’s there. 我喜欢他在身边时 生命是如此生动的感觉
[04:08] He just makes every day just brighter and puts colour in life. 他让每一天都充满阳光 让生活多姿多彩
[04:18] Six months ago, we got this diagnosis, motor neurone disease. 六个月前 他被确诊得了运动神经元病
[04:24] Terminal illness. Between six months and two years. 是绝症 只有半年到两年的时间了
[04:28] They can’t do anything at all to slow the illness down 他们没有任何能减缓发病
[04:33] or to change the prognosis, 或改变预后的方法
[04:34] there is nothing at all, nothing. 没有任何办法 一点都没有
[04:41] Roman, Roman, Roman. 罗曼 罗曼 罗曼
[04:43] Come here, I have got something to show you. 过来 我要给你看样东西
[04:46] Did you hear that? Grandad’s got something to show you. 你听见了吗 祖父要给你看样东西
[04:49] You are a silly boy. 你是个傻孩子
[04:52] – No! – You are a silly boy. -不 -你是个傻孩子
[04:54] Top banana! 我很酷
[04:57] Top banana. Happy days. 头儿 祝你开心
[04:59] Top banana, happy days! 头儿 祝你开心
[05:02] Top banana, happy days! 头儿 祝你开心
[05:13] This machine is slow and frustrating 对于我这样拥有非凡才智的人来说
[05:16] for a man of my immense intellect. 这机器真是又慢又蠢
[05:27] For a man of my immense intellect and Cambridge education, 我是个拥有剑桥学历的聪明人
[05:32] even though I only got a third-class degree. 尽管成绩平庸
[05:39] Third-class degree is a gentleman’s degree 作为男人就该成绩平庸
[05:42] that shows healthy interest in other things. 这样才能证明他对其他事物能保持热情
[05:46] Exactly. 说得没错
[05:49] Exactly. 说得没错
[05:50] For Simon, who’s a fantastic communicator, very amusing, 西蒙他十分擅长沟通 非常风趣
[05:54] very quick-witted, 思维也很敏捷
[05:55] if you could take something away from him 于他而言 最糟糕的
[05:58] that would be the worst possible thing, it would be his voice. 莫过于夺去他的声音
[06:01] Dratted disease! 讨厌的病
[06:03] People talk to me and not to him. 大家都对我说话而忽略了他
[06:05] I don’t want to take over, 我不想独占与人交流的机会
[06:07] so it’s quite a difficult balance 因此要在这和保护他之间寻求平衡
[06:08] between feeling quite protective, 是件很困难的事
[06:10] and I know my daughter Hannah does, as well. 我也知道我女儿汉娜也有这感觉
[06:12] People always commented on your Northern accent, 大家总是说起你的北方口音
[06:16] it’s not something I really noticed at all. 这事之前我完全没注意到
[06:19] but I probably just didn’t care. 也许是我压根就不在乎吧
[06:21] Or maybe I wasn’t listening most of the time! 也许是大多数时候都没认真听你说话
[06:23] Christmas, December 2013. 2013年12月 圣诞节
[06:28] Will you give me a little kissy now? 快亲我一口
[06:31] Just give me a little kiss… 快亲我一口…
[06:34] OK, here we go. 好的 开始吧
[06:38] And what’s this one? 这是什么
[06:41] What’s this one? What noise does it make? 这是什么 它是怎么叫的
[07:26] That’s my little baby, at home in Leeds. 这就是我儿子小时候 在利兹家里照的
[07:33] There he is, now, that 你看看他
[07:34] shows what he’s going to be like, doesn’t it? 从这照片就能看出他以后会什么样了 对吧
[07:38] A laugh. 爱笑的人
[07:42] Simon was only ever off school two days, he never got ill. 西蒙上学时只缺勤过两天 他从没生过病
[07:48] It’s come as a great shock to all of us, really. 他生病真的让大家十分震惊
[07:52] Sometimes, I wake up and it’s absolutely dreadful 有时候 我醒来时觉得十分绝望
[07:55] and I think, now, how much must he be waking up 我在想 他醒来时发现
[07:58] thinking that he’s got another thing that’s not working? 又有样器官出现问题 会是什么样的心情
[08:10] I mean… 我的意思是…
[08:37] Ever had a moment 曾几何时
[08:38] when you realise 你才会意识到
[08:39] just how much you care about the things you own? 自己是那么珍惜所拥有的一切
[08:51] When it comes to a cooked breakfast, 说到早餐
[08:53] some people pick and pack. 有些人会拿着在路上吃
[09:00] Reducing our food waste by half 减少一半的食物浪费
[09:02] could have the same effect on CO2 emissions 和减少几千辆汽车
[09:05] as taking thousands of cars off the road. 在二氧化碳减排方面有相同的效果
[09:12] 苏特里配音 西蒙·诺克 男演员
[09:13] Cool, natural, blokeish, 酷 自然 爷们儿
[09:15] Regional, warm, smooth, rich, gravelly… 有口音 热情 流畅 醇厚 沙哑
[09:48] My name is Simon Binner. 我叫西蒙·宾纳
[09:51] I’m a very gregarious guy. An alpha male. 我是个爱好交际的人 十分强势
[09:56] I have a loving family – 我的家庭充满爱
[09:57] Debbie, Hannah and her children, 黛比 汉娜和她的孩子们
[10:00] and my brilliant daughter, Zoe, who lives in Germany. 还有我杰出的女儿佐伊 她住在德国
[10:04] I was extremely happy until my diagnosis. 直到我被诊断之前我都非常开心
[10:09] I can feel my body changing week by week, 我能感觉到我的身体每周都在变化
[10:12] and I’m now short of breath. 现在我喘不上气了
[10:15] I’m going to give up driving a car imminently. 我很快就不能开车了
[10:19] It’s very sad for me. 这对我来说是件悲伤的事
[10:22] I can’t answer the phone or be a driving force at work. 我接不了电话 也不能做工作中的主心骨
[10:26] In business, you need people to motivate 在工作中 你要让大家都有动力
[10:28] and paint sunlit visions of the future. 给大家描绘光明的未来
[10:31] And I can’t do that any more. 我现在做不到了
[10:35] Originally, we were going to sell our business, 本来 我们打算把公司卖了
[10:37] but I thought I would give my stepdaughter Hannah 但我想到我可以给继女汉娜一个机会
[10:40] the opportunity to see if she could do it. 看看她能不能做成
[10:42] Good. How are you? 很好 你还好吗
[10:55] – Add this to the gross. – Yes. -把这个加进收入里 -对
[10:57] This month? 这个月的
[10:58] – No. – Next month. -不 -下个月的
[11:01] He was operations director – 他曾是运营总监
[11:03] managing staff, organising meetings, everything. 管人事 组织会议 什么都管
[11:07] So, we could save people a huge amount of money. 因此我们能给人们省一大笔钱
[11:09] So, who would it… Your company, who would it be… 那么在贵司 我们需要…
[11:12] Sorry, your name again was…? 抱歉 您的名字是
[11:14] Is it Brenda? Sorry, Deborah, sorry. 是布兰达吗 对不起是黛布拉 抱歉
[11:17] Who is it in your company that we would need to speak to? 我们应该联系贵公司的哪位呢
[11:21] He was always the centre of attention, 他总是人们注意力的焦点
[11:23] the life and soul of the party. 社交聚会的中心人物
[11:25] Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, good morning! 早上好 女士们先生们 早上好
[11:28] My name’s Rocco, Rocco Ancelotti, 我叫洛可·安切洛蒂
[11:30] with the Global Pencil Company, here in New York City. 来自纽约市的全球铅笔公司
[11:36] When I first came in February, Simon was here most days. 我二月刚来时 西蒙大多数时候都在这里
[11:40] Now, Simon’s probably here only one to two days a week, 现在西蒙一周大概只来一两天
[11:44] he gets quite tired. 他很容易感到疲累
[13:04] I’m an independent type of guy 我是个不受约束的人
[13:06] and the endgame of motor neurone disease is not to my taste. 运动神经元病晚期不是我该得的病
[13:11] Like a used car, I’m worn out, 我就像一辆二手车 已经疲惫不堪了
[13:14] and it’s no longer worth investing in the cost of repairs. 也不再值得继续投入修理的成本
[13:20] When we drove back from hospital 一月我确诊后
[13:22] after my diagnosis ‘in January, 我们从医院开车回来时
[13:24] I decided then, en route in the car, 坐在车上的途中 我决定
[13:27] that I would have to either kill myself 我要么自杀
[13:28] or be euthanised in some way. 要么以某种方式安乐死
[13:33] Motor neurone disease is a horrible disease to get. 运动神经元病是种很可怕的疾病
[13:36] Typically, over six months to a year, 通常 半年到一年间
[13:38] their speaking is likely to get worse and worse 患者的语言功能会每况愈下
[13:39] 艾哈·沙拉比教授 西蒙的神经病学顾问医生
[13:40] until at some point, 直到某一天
[13:41] they won’t be able to be understood by others. 其他人都将无法理解他们说的话
[13:44] Eventually, the arms will become completely paralysed, 最终 他们的手臂将完全瘫痪
[13:47] the legs will become weaker and weaker, 腿部也会越来越无力
[13:49] until eventually, 最终
[13:50] someone will need a stick to walk, 患者需要拐杖才能走路
[13:52] then a walking frame, then a wheelchair. 然后是助行器 接着是轮椅
[13:55] But the thing that really carries people off 但最终真正让他们丧命的
[13:57] is breathing difficulty. 是呼吸困难
[13:58] It’s fatal because, at some point, 这是致命的 因为在某一时刻
[14:01] the muscles controlling the diaphragm will be affected. 控制膈肌的肌肉将会受到影响
[14:04] And when someone gets diaphragm weakness, 当患者膈肌无力时
[14:06] they become short of breath, 他们会呼吸短促
[14:08] and we have things that can support people through that… 我们有东西能帮助他们熬过…
[14:10] through those symptoms, 那些症状
[14:12] but, at some point, it becomes impossible. 但总有一天 辅助也无法起任何作用
[14:16] Mummy! 妈咪
[14:21] People might think, 大家或许会想
[14:22] if they’re able-bodied and able to walk around, 如果他们身体健全 能到处走动
[14:23] they might think, “I would never want to be in a wheelchair.” 他们会想 “我永远不要坐在轮椅上”
[14:26] But it’s not that the next day they’ll be in a wheelchair, 但并非第二天他们就会坐在轮椅上
[14:29] it’s that, in a year’s time they might be in a wheelchair. 是一年内 他们或许会坐在轮椅上
[14:33] The process of getting to that point, 在此过程中
[14:35] they’ll have adapted to other aspects of the illness, 他们还要适应疾病的其它方面
[14:38] people actually cope far better 人们实际应对起来
[14:40] than they might have thought at the beginning. 要比自己起初认为的好得多
[14:43] Hardly anybody chooses assisted dying, 几乎没人选择安乐死
[14:45] less than 1% of our patients choose it. 小于1%的病人会选择安乐死
[14:48] The vast majority choose palliative care 大部分病人选择姑息治疗
[14:51] and a peaceful death in that way. 平静地死去
[15:15] I’ve always been quite anti assisted dying. 我一直很反对安乐死
[15:20] It’s one of those dinner party conversations you have, 我以前以为这只是晚餐的谈资
[15:22] never dreaming that you’d actually 从未想过
[15:24] ever actually be having this conversation. 有一天自己会重视这个话题
[15:29] I think an assisted death, 一想到要坐飞机
[15:31] getting on a plane and going to Switzerland, 带他去瑞士安乐死
[15:34] actually, even the thought of it makes me feel physically sick, 我就觉得身体不舒服
[15:37] and I feel more and more, 而且我越来越害怕
[15:41] if I’m honest, utterly terrified of 说实话 我非常害怕
[15:44] what it will be like, what the… 面对安乐死
[15:48] And it’s outside of most people’s experience, so, um… 太多数人都没有接触过
[15:56] Have you tried to persuade him not to? 你有劝过他放弃吗
[16:00] I don’t know, I feel… I feel very… 我也说不好 我…
[16:04] frightened to upset him any more. 不敢再让他失望了
[16:07] Because he is very upset, 他现在很沮丧
[16:09] though you wouldn’t necessarily see it, 虽然你不一定能发现
[16:12] but he is becoming quite vulnerable. 但他现在很脆弱
[16:15] As I think people do when they become ill, 我觉得人们生病后变脆弱很正常
[16:17] however strong you are, when you become physically ill, 无论多么坚强的人 一旦得病以后
[16:20] you become more vulnerable. 就会变得很脆弱
[16:22] So, I think I kind of avoid conversations a lot of the time 所以我大部分时间都会避免这些话题
[16:26] and just say, 只会问他
[16:27] “Oh, a cup of tea?” “喝杯茶吗”之类的话…
[16:30] Doing those… Trying to make everyday life OK. 期望能安稳度日
[16:33] But, um, so, we don’t really talk about it 但我们不怎么谈论这事
[16:36] and I almost can’t talk about it, because it… 我也不能提 因为一提…
[16:40] makes it more real. 就会感觉更加真实
[16:54] Should people have the right to die? 人有死亡的权力吗
[16:58] It’s a question that’s been asked for years. 这个问题已提出多年
[17:08] Helping someone to kill themselves 在英格兰和威尔士
[17:10] is currently punishable in England and Wales 帮助他人自杀
[17:12] by up to 14 years in prison. 将被处以最高十四年的有期徒刑
[17:14] There could be few issues 对一个社会来说
[17:15] of more fundamental importance to society 没有几个问题比如何对待绝症患者
[17:18] than how we treat the terminally ill. 更加重要的了
[17:38] 发件人 西蒙·宾纳 收件人 艾瑞卡·帕特里夏医生
[17:40] Thursday 19th. 19号 周四
[17:45] E-mail to Dr Erika Preisig. 发给艾瑞卡·帕特里夏医生的电邮
[17:51] Hello, Dr Preisig. 你好 帕特里夏医生
[17:55] I’m 57 and I was diagnosed with motor neurone disease 我57岁 2015年1月7日
[17:59] on the 7th January, 2015. 被诊断患有运动神经元病
[18:02] And I’d like to have an eccentric, rock-and-roll version 我想预订您饱受赞誉的安乐死服务
[18:05] of your highly esteemed assisted-dying service. 希望可以带摇滚风 安排得不同寻常
[18:13] There’s always so much traffic. 路上一直很堵
[18:18] This is one reason why we usually start at 8.30. 这也是我们一般八点半开工的原因之一
[18:22] Do you always do them in the morning? 你一般都早上工作吗
[18:24] Usually, yes. 一般都是
[18:26] Usually, the authorities of Switzerland don’t like us 瑞士政府一般不让我们
[18:29] to do it in the afternoon. 下午开工
[18:32] Because then, it runs into four or five o’clock 因为这样一来就会拖到四五点
[18:37] and they want to go home. 他们要下班回家
[18:43] With assisted dying, 在瑞士
[18:45] there’s three organisations who accept foreigners in Switzerland. 有三家机构为外国人提供安乐死服务
[18:51] Dignitas is the biggest one, “尊严”是最大的一家
[18:54] lifecircle – it works in Basel. “由生到死” 位于巴塞尔
[18:59] We have two assisted dyings a week. 我们每周为两位客户实施安乐死
[19:04] They have to send mails, 他们要寄邮件过来
[19:07] send doctor’s reports about their illness. 把疾病的医学报告发给我们
[19:11] I show the documents to another doctor, 我会把文件给另一个
[19:13] who is going to see them. 审核的医生过目
[19:17] And if he says, “I think we can accept him,” 如果他说”我认为可以接收这位患者”
[19:20] then he gets the provisional green light. 那么他就暂时获得了通过
[19:43] This is the medication. 这就是药剂
[19:51] It’s a powder that you have to dissolve. 是一种需要被溶解的粉末
[19:57] It’s an anaesthetic, and if you take half a gram, 这是一种麻醉剂 如果患者注射半克
[20:02] you can have a big operation, 就可以实施大型手术了
[20:04] which makes us feel safe 这让我们可以确保
[20:07] that you feel no pain, 你感受不到任何疼痛
[20:09] you feel no fear, nothing. 感受不到恐惧 什么都感受不到
[20:12] And this is 30 times the dose of a normal anaesthetic. 这是普通麻醉剂剂量的30倍
[20:23] It takes 30 seconds until they fall asleep. 三十秒就可以让患者熟睡
[20:28] Within these 30 seconds, 在这三十秒里
[20:30] the family can sit close, hold hands, 家人可以坐在旁边 牵着手
[20:34] say a last few words. 说一些告别的话
[20:37] And within about four minutes, the heart stops beating 在大概四分钟之内 心脏会停止跳动
[20:40] and they are dead. 患者就会死亡
[20:45] OK, good. 一切顺利
[21:06] OK. 好的
[21:18] In just two months’ time, 仅仅两个月之后
[21:20] the controversial Assisted Dying Bill will be voted on by MPs 国会议员将对饱受争议的安乐死法案投票表决
[21:25] for the first time in almost 20 years. 这是二十年来的首次投票
[21:36] Doctors would be allowed to give a lethal dose of drugs 医生将会被允许向只有不到六个月生命
[21:39] to adults who have asked for help to die 并且寻求解脱的成年人
[21:41] and are thought to have less than six months to live. 提供致死剂量的药剂
[21:45] Disabled people and people who are terminally ill 残障人士和绝症病人
[21:47] would like people to alleviate our suffering 更希望大家帮助他们好好生活
[21:50] by helping us live better lives, not by killing us. 而不是以杀死他们的方式 来减轻他们的痛苦
[21:53] The pressure that is going to be put on terminally ill people, 疾病晚期的患者将会背负巨大的压力
[21:57] they’d end up thinking, 他们将会认为
[21:58] I should go, I’m going to be a burden on my family, 我该走了 我将会成为家庭的负担
[22:00] it’s right for me… 我应该去…
[22:01] The Church remains strongly opposed to assisted dying… 教会仍然强烈反对安乐死…
[22:04] I want to see much more emphasis put on 我希望大家把重点更多地放在
[22:06] supporting people in living, 如何帮助人活下去
[22:08] than assisting them in dying. 而非帮助他们死亡
[22:14] Come on. 来
[22:18] Onward! 继续走
[22:20] Good boy. 好乖
[22:22] Onward! 继续走
[23:07] Good boy. 好孩子
[23:09] Good boy. 好孩子
[23:13] Good boy. 好孩子
[23:18] In the future, when Ralph becomes poorly, 以后 当拉尔夫情况不佳时
[23:22] we’ll call the vet to our house and we’ll all stroke Ralph 我们会找兽医来 轻抚着拉尔夫
[23:26] and say our last goodbyes to the most loyal of dogs. 向我们最忠诚的伙伴最后道别
[23:30] And then, he’ll gently be put to sleep. 然后他会平静地离开
[23:33] And that’s what I’d like for me. 我所希望我也能如此
[23:37] There’s a time to live and a time to die. 出生和死亡都有它的时刻
[23:43] Right now would be my ideal time to die. 现在是我希望的死亡时刻
[23:50] Debbie’s plight causes me incredible sadness, 黛比的处境让我倍感悲伤
[23:53] because she’s been so kind to me and so kind to Chloe. 她对我和克洛伊如此友善
[23:55] 1995.1.25-2013.2.28 克洛伊·简·特鲁里
[23:59] We loved Chloe so much. 我们十分爱克洛伊
[24:02] She was the centre of our lives. 她曾是我们生活的中心
[24:07] Chloe was my youngest daughter. 克洛伊是我最小的女儿
[24:15] She got a rare bone cancer at 15. 她十五岁时得了罕见的骨癌
[24:21] She had treatment for three years 治疗了三年后
[24:23] and then she died when she was 18, 十八岁时离开了我们
[24:25] which was two years ago. 那已经是两年前了
[24:28] But the pain became unbearable for her at one point 她一度无法忍受病痛的折磨
[24:32] and she asked me to kill her. 曾请求我杀了她
[24:35] And I think… 我想着
[24:39] To have, you know, your 18-year-old daughter 十八岁的女儿
[24:41] asking you to do that… 求你让她死…
[24:43] But we had a fantastic palliative care team, 但我们有个非常棒的姑息治疗团队
[24:46] absolutely fantastic palliative care team, 已经是最好的了
[24:48] and they came round and sorted it out. 让他们来处理这个情况
[24:50] Then the next day, she woke up, 第二天她醒来
[24:51] as kids do at that age, and said, 用普通十八岁女孩的语气跟我说
[24:55] “Oh, I’m sorry I asked you to do that, Mum.” “我很抱歉对你说那样的话 妈妈”
[24:56] It was like… “Oh, my God!” 我觉得 天呐
[25:00] And then, we went on and had a few months of some lovely times. 然后我们一起度过了幸福的几个月
[25:12] Losing a child, there’s nothing worse than that, 没有比失去一个孩子更糟的事了
[25:14] but there was something… 但是有些事情…
[25:18] More natural? I don’t know. 似乎是更自然的 我也不知道
[25:20] In that we knew that we had… 这其中我们知道
[25:24] This is so hard, 这太难了
[25:26] because motor neurone disease is such a different illness, but… 运动神经元病毕竟如此不同 但是…
[25:30] There was still hope with my daughter, right up to the end, 即便到了最后 我女儿依然抱有希望
[25:35] we were still hoping for another day, 我们仍然希望能多活一天
[25:38] and we had lovely times, 我们也度过了快乐的时光
[25:41] and I guess, maybe, if I thought about it, 每当我想到这一点
[25:43] there’s a bit of anger in me that, 我就有些生气
[25:46] you know, why can’t Simon just do that? 为什么西蒙不能这样
[25:48] You know, your life closes in when you get ill, I think, 疾病会让你的生活渐渐走向终点
[25:52] but we still really enjoyed watching telly together, 但我们依然可以一起开心地看电视
[25:56] or eating together, 一起吃饭
[25:57] and it’s those little things that become so… 而就是这样的小事会…
[26:01] So, maybe, there’s a bit of me that thinks, 所以我会想
[26:03] “Oh, why can’t you, you know, do that?” But… “为什么你不能也这样做” 但是…
[26:25] 发件人 西蒙·宾纳 收件人 艾瑞卡·帕特里夏医生
[26:26] Wednesday 24th. 24号 星期三
[26:29] Hello, Erika. 你好 艾瑞卡
[26:31] I’ve just used Google Maps and you’re only 90 minutes’ drive 我用谷歌地图发现从德国弗莱堡到你的住所
[26:34] from Freiburg, Germany, 只要90分钟车程
[26:36] where Debbie and I ‘will be on holiday with two friends, 我和黛比将和两位好友去那里度假
[26:38] Will and Chris Watson. 威尔和克里丝·华生
[26:41] Will Watson is also my business partner. 威尔·华生同时也是我的工作伙伴
[26:45] We were both born in November 1957. 我们都是1957年11月出生的
[26:48] I’ve known him since we were eight-year-old boys at Bolton School. 我八岁时在博尔顿学校就认识了他
[26:53] I could get Will to drive me over to meet you, 我可以让威尔载我去看望你
[26:55] if that was convenient. 不知道方不方便
[26:58] I would like to book myself into your clinic on Monday, 2nd November. 我希望能约在11月2日周一去你的诊所
[27:02] Ebullient regards, Simon Binner. 祝好 西蒙·宾纳
[27:05] If you say you want to go on the 2nd of November, 虽然你现在说约在11月2号
[27:09] what if you, a week before, say, 但还剩一周的时候
[27:10] Well, I want to hang on a bit longer? 也许你改变主意想延期了呢
[27:19] – You don’t know that. – You don’t know. -你怎么知道 -这事说不准啊
[27:21] – No, I won’t. – Well, I’ll ask her that. -不 不会的 -反正我要问问能不能改期
[27:24] What’s so significant about the 2nd of November? 11月2号是什么重要的日子吗
[27:26] It’s his birthday. 是他的生日
[27:30] We met at primary school. 我们在小学认识的
[27:33] He was always the guy telling jokes, the, the… 他总是在讲笑话
[27:39] the big man in the crowd, the leader of the gang. 他总是人群的焦点 很有领导力
[27:52] – Oh, OK. – So, you’ll be quirky in that… -好吧 -这样就出名了…
[27:57] One worry I have with Simon, 我很担心西蒙的一点是
[28:00] he has a tendency for the big gesture. 他很喜欢大动作
[28:04] That this may be 你懂我意思吗
[28:06] the big gesture to end them all, if you see what I mean. 也许安乐死就是他最后一个大动作
[28:10] And that once he’s made the decision and publicised his intention, 一旦他做出决定并公之于众
[28:15] he will then feel locked into it, even though 我担心他会被这个决定束缚
[28:20] he might be having second thoughts later. 哪怕他后来已经改了主意
[28:22] – So, you haven’t actually met her before? – No. -你之前从来没有见过她吗 -没见过
[28:25] – Have you thought of the questions you want to ask her? – No. -那你想过要问她什么问题吗 -没想过
[28:29] Well, THAT is a worry. 我就是担心这个
[28:32] It worries me that you’re not thinking these things through. 我很担心这一切你都没有想清楚
[28:35] No, I have thought these things through! 不 我已经想清楚了
[28:41] How do you know you’re going downhill? 你怎么知道你的身体在走下坡路
[28:50] But that doesn’t stop you living. 但这不影响你正常生活
[28:52] You can eat, your arms and legs work, you can see, 你能吃饭 手脚也灵便 能看
[28:55] you can hear, you can… 能听 还能…
[29:00] Everyone feels vulnerable at some point, so… 谁没有脆弱的时候…
[29:02] And you’re not thinking about these things, you’re just saying, 你根本没有仔细考虑 直接就随口一说
[29:04] I’m booking on the 2nd November. 我要把日子定在11月2号
[29:07] Because I think that’s panic. 我觉得你是心里慌了
[29:08] I am going down like this. 我的身体状况急转直下
[29:11] Yes, but… No, you are saying you are going down like this… 不 是你自己认为身体每况愈下
[29:13] – I am, I am! – You’re not. -这是事实 -不是
[29:23] We have far too many demands for assisted dying. 我们收到了很多安乐死的请求
[29:28] More demands than you have dates to give to the people. 需求量已经超过了我们的限额
[29:33] Ja. 是
[29:35] Klar, klar, klar. Ja. 对 没错
[29:40] How can you decide to which ones you say no, 该如何决定接受谁的请求
[29:43] to which ones you say yes? 又拒绝谁的请求呢
[29:45] Come in. Come in. 请进 请进
[29:49] In Switzerland, the guidelines are, 在瑞士 安乐死的规定是
[29:51] you must have some sort of illness, 必须身患某种疾病
[29:55] you must be of sound mind, 必须神志清醒
[29:57] you must have been thinking about it for a long time. 必须经过深思熟虑
[30:02] I have to listen and make sure 我需要认真倾听
[30:04] they are not throwing something away, 确保他们没有过早地
[30:06] the most precious gift of life, 抛弃大好年华
[30:09] that has ever been given to them, too early. 放弃人生最珍贵的馈赠
[30:29] – Yes. – Never. -没错 -绝对不行
[30:44] You have thought it through. 你想清楚了
[30:48] – You want to die. – Yeah. -你选择死亡 -没错
[30:49] Yes. 没错
[31:04] You have an incurable illness, 你身患绝症
[31:06] you are of sound mind, 意识清醒
[31:09] you don’t seem to be depressed, 虽然身体情况不好
[31:10] even though you have a very bad illness, 但你并没有因此情绪低落
[31:13] which is very good… 这是好事
[31:14] – Can I ask you a question about it? – Yes, of course. -我能问你个问题吗 -当然
[31:16] Because how do you know he’s of sound mind at the moment? 你怎么知道他现在是意识清醒的
[31:20] Just by talking to him. 通过和他交谈
[31:22] – Right. – Just by listening to him. -是吗 -通过倾听他所说的话
[31:24] Could it be that he’s just really scared today 有没有可能他只是今天特别害怕
[31:28] and that maybe as time… Like tomorrow, 或许过段时间 比如说明天
[31:32] the next day, he might feel a bit different. 他可能会对这件事有不同的想法
[31:35] Cos his… Cos I live with him 因为他 因为我每天陪着他
[31:37] – and see his mood go up and down. – Yes, yes. -我知道他情绪会有高低起伏 -没错
[31:41] I think what makes me worry is that he’s so frightened… 所以我很担心 他只是太害怕了…
[31:50] But you’re frightened of being incapacitated. 但你害怕自己不能自理
[32:05] It worries me that it’s a knee-jerk reaction. 我担心他这个决定太轻率
[32:07] “Right, that’s it. I’m kind of going and…” “就这么定了 我要安乐死…”
[32:12] And I want him to think about it more deeply and… 我希望他能更深入地考虑这件事
[32:16] It depends on what you want. 这取决于你想要什么
[32:19] But it’s your decision. 但决定权在你们手中
[32:21] Why are you so sure, Erika? 艾瑞卡 你为何如此肯定
[32:25] Why do you feel so passionately about it? 为什么你会如此热衷此事
[32:28] You only have to listen to people. 只需要认真地倾听
[32:31] You really have to listen to them. 倾听他们内心的声音
[32:33] You know, he’s not a child. 他不是孩子
[32:35] He knows what he wants to do. 他知道自己想要什么
[32:37] And it is his life. 这是他的人生
[32:39] He has been taking responsibility for his life for many, many years, 这么多年来 他一直掌控着自己的人生
[32:44] and he’s a strong-minded person. 而且他很有主见
[32:47] And now, at the end of life, 现在 他的生命接近尾声
[32:49] that he gets weaker… 身体也越来越虚弱
[32:52] He is still strong-minded, 可他依然很有主见
[32:54] but people tend to treat 但因为他的疾病
[32:59] as if they were children. 人们总容易将他当成小孩
[33:02] I can understand what you want. 我完全能理解你的想法
[33:05] You would like to keep your husband as long as possible 你希望能将丈夫尽可能长久地留在身边
[33:08] Because you love him. 因为你爱他
[33:12] And it’s very, very difficult to accept. 这件事本身就很难接受
[33:17] Saying goodbye before nature… 在自然死亡之前…
[33:23] Forces you to. 被迫选择离别
[33:28] People who have to let go 留下来的人
[33:30] do the more difficult job than the people who go. 比选择离开的人更痛苦
[33:35] That’s very important to know. 这一点非常重要
[33:37] It is much easier to go into an assisted dying 自己去做安乐死
[33:41] than to accept an assisted dying. 比接受亲人安乐死要简单得多
[33:43] Do you know why? 你知道为什么吗
[33:46] After you’re dead, you’re dead. 一旦死了 那就是死了
[33:50] – Yeah. – You’re out of the problems. -是的 -你已经解脱了
[33:52] But your wife has to go on living. 但是你的妻子要继续活下去
[34:00] You must ask yourself. Is it his decision? 你得问问你自己 决定权是在他手里
[34:03] Is it your decision? 还是在你手里
[34:05] Is it his life? Is it your life? 这是他的人生 还是你的人生
[34:10] I know it’s difficult. 我知道很不容易
[34:14] Dying does not have to be something horrible. 其实死亡并不一定是很可怕的事
[34:17] Dying can be something… 死亡可以是…
[34:19] Something like a ceremony. 像是某种仪式
[34:22] Do you know, last week, we had an assisted dying 对了 上周我们实施了一例安乐死
[34:24] and this lady had 21 people who were with her. 当时那位女士身边有21个人陪着
[34:29] – Really? – 21 people. -真的 -21个人
[34:31] That was the most… the highest number that we ever had. 这是我们见过陪同人数最多的一次
[34:34] And it was so nice… 感觉十分温馨
[34:41] You must do it your way. 你要按自己的想法来
[34:52] – You would like to die on your birthday? – Yeah. -你希望在生日那天去世吗 -是
[34:58] I’m a little bit afraid 我有点担心
[35:00] that you hang on to your birthday so strongly 你太执着于要选在生日当天
[35:05] that you are not willing to postpone it. 会让你不愿意延期
[35:09] If you were as well as you are now on the end of October, 如果十月底 你的身体和现在一样好
[35:13] would you postpone it? 你愿意推迟吗
[35:15] – If you were exactly like you are now? – Yes. -身体状况完全一样 -愿意
[35:18] – Then you would postpone it? – Yes. -你会推迟吗 -会的
[35:21] For me, it is important to know this. 我需要知道这一点
[35:24] I do not want you to go too early. 我不希望你走得太匆匆
[35:36] The 2nd November? 11月2日吗
[35:38] You are welcome to have an assisted dying, for sure. 你可以接受安乐死 这是肯定的
[35:51] The things you bloody put me through. 你就喜欢让我遭罪
[36:51] It is a big step to take, isn’t it? 这个决定非常重大
[36:55] And he is doing it on his birthday. 而他选择在生日当天进行
[36:58] – Are you going to go, too? – Yes. I am. -你会去吗 -会去
[37:02] I was there when he was born. 他出生的时候我就在场
[37:07] I don’t encourage him, 我不鼓励他这样做
[37:09] but I will go along with whatever he wants. 但我会支持他做的一切决定
[37:12] He will stay as long as he’s enjoying himself, won’t he? 只要他活得还开心 就不会选择离开
[37:16] I think. 大概吧
[37:17] I don’t know if anybody ever does go to Switzerland 我不知道有没有人去了瑞士
[37:20] and come home, change their mind. 又回家了 改变了主意
[37:22] I don’t know if they’ve ever done. Do you? 不知道会不会有 你知道吗
[37:32] Text message to College Boys. 给大学同学们的短信
[37:36] I am booked to die now on Monday, 2nd November. 我预约了11月2日周一的安乐死
[37:40] Thank you for bringing the annual Christ College reunion forwards on my account. 感谢你们为了我 将基督学院年度聚会提前举行
[38:04] 39 years now. 39年了
[38:09] In a way, we’re like brothers. 某种程度上我们就像亲兄弟
[38:13] He was the funny one, 他是最幽默的
[38:15] he always made us laugh. 总是逗我们笑
[38:25] We have always laughed a lot. 我们经常一起大笑
[38:27] Binner told the best jokes that I’d ever heard. 宾纳的笑话是我听过最好笑的
[38:30] We used to do ludicrous things. 我们一起干过不少傻事
[38:31] Binner and I used to try and not go to bed for 72 hours. 我跟宾纳曾经试过72小时不睡觉
[38:35] So, we would stay up for days and nights 当时就整日整夜地熬着不睡
[38:37] cos we’d try and hallucinate. 想产生幻觉
[38:40] Nothing was predictable. 世事难料
[38:42] There was some holiday 有时候出去玩
[38:42] where he managed to tell people all the way through, 一路上他会与同行乘客攀谈
[38:44] for some bizarre reason, 因为一些莫名的缘由
[38:45] that he was a funeral director, 他会说自己是葬礼策划人
[38:47] and maintained this fiction for two weeks or something. 而且会一直假扮这个身份两周甚至更久
[38:51] – Salut! – Salute! -干杯 -致敬
[38:53] Get it right, man! 好好喝一个
[38:54] Salut! Is it salut or salute? 干杯 是干杯还是致敬
[38:58] We are actually all feeling distraught, you know? 我们其实都很悲痛
[39:02] We have sustained a very close set of friendships all this time 这么多年了 我们之间的友谊非常深厚
[39:05] and he is utterly central to our group. 他是这个圈子的核心
[39:10] I know I am probably more sentimental than many other people, 我可能比其他人更多愁善感
[39:12] and I have cried every time I’ve seen him 前几个月
[39:14] for the last few months! 我每次见他都会哭
[39:15] So, I saw him last Saturday, I cried pathetically. 上周六我见他的时候 嚎啕大哭
[39:19] Some of these people here, 这次来聚会的一些人
[39:20] this will be the last time they see him. 可能是最后一次跟他见面了
[39:22] Really good to see you. 很高兴能再次见到你
[39:26] I was sort of shocked and surprised 我当时真的很震惊
[39:30] to know that Simon had set a date for his… 听西蒙说他已经定好了日期去…
[39:36] What’s the appropriate term? Assisted suicide? 该怎么说呢 是叫安乐死吗
[39:40] He seems to be checking out ahead of his time. 他似乎选择了提前离开这个世界
[39:44] And I am not entirely comfortable with his decision. 我对他的决定并不是很满意
[39:53] We’re all crushed. 我们都很难过
[39:56] How can one be reconciled to someone 谁都无法接受
[39:58] who is so great taking themselves off at the age of 58 这么好的人 却在58岁时远赴异国他乡
[40:01] and killing themselves? 选择自我了结
[40:05] I think he’s chosen a date which is too soon. 我觉得他定的日期太早了
[40:12] 发件人:西蒙·桑德伯格 收件人:西蒙·宾纳
[40:15] Bins, I know you feel strongly about it 宾纳 我知道你意已决
[40:18] But I do feel that setting a date in advance is 但我真的认为提前安排死亡时间
[40:20] potentially deeply problematic. 会间接带来很多问题
[40:23] Debs has real Qualms about you choosing the date in advance 黛比对你安排的日期充满了不安
[40:26] and that worries me, too. 这也让我很担忧
[40:29] Debbie has rights in this. 黛比有权参与你的决定
[40:41] Taking yourself off to Switzerland 决定去瑞士安乐死
[40:43] could be seen as selfish. 某种程度上可以算是自私
[40:48] Binner is very forceful, 宾纳比较强势
[40:50] but he is arguable-with. 但他也很讲理
[40:52] If Debbie was more resolute in saying, 如果黛比很强硬地说
[40:54] Binnie, no, you can’t do this, 宾纳 不行 不能这样
[40:55] I forbid you from doing it. 我不允许你这么做
[40:57] That would make it a much more difficult matter for all of us. 这样事情可能会变得 更加困难
[42:21] He is changing as a person. 他的性格也在变化
[42:25] I sense his, kind of, creeping isolation. 我能感觉到 他渐渐流露出的疏离
[42:29] I am doing more and more, 我帮他做的事越来越多
[42:31] which he gets increasingly cross about, but… 他也因此越来越暴躁 但是…
[42:40] I hate the fact that he thinks because he has an illness, 我不喜欢他觉得因为自己生了病
[42:44] he is somehow less worthy of being able to live, 就好像不该继续活着一样
[42:47] enjoy things and have the right to stay alive. 不该享受生活 没有继续活下去的权利
[42:51] I feel very, very strongly that he is not a burden. 我完全没有觉得他是累赘
[42:59] It’s those little practical things that can help. 生活中的琐事能让他开心一点
[43:02] Ralph needs to be walked twice a day. 拉尔夫每天要出去遛两次
[43:06] 麦克 西蒙的朋友
[43:07] He can’t walk Ralph now. 他现在不能遛拉尔夫了
[43:13] – What? – Mountain biking. -什么 -山地骑行
[43:17] Mountain biking. 山地骑行
[43:19] – “Moneymaking”? – No! Mountain! -“憨豆旅行” -不是 山地
[43:23] Biking… 骑行…
[43:25] Oh, yes, mountain biking. 知道了 山地骑行
[43:26] So, I mean, three months ago, 三个月前
[43:30] less than three months ago, Bins and I 不到三个月前吧 我跟宾纳
[43:31] were cycling in the Italian Alps, cycling up mountains. 还去在意大利阿尔卑斯山上骑自行车了
[43:36] The speed of change, it’s accelerated. 病情恶化的速度已经加快
[43:45] We are all in fast-forward at the moment, 一切都在快进
[43:47] and you want to try and stall it, 哪怕你试着去拖延时间
[43:49] you want to try and capture every moment. 试着去抓住每一分每一秒
[43:52] And you can’t. 也是徒劳
[43:54] How are you feeling about the November date? 你对他定的日期什么看法
[43:59] I am dreading it. 我感到非常恐惧
[44:00] And I am disbelieving it, in a way, 某种程度上来说 我不愿相信
[44:04] I don’t want to believe it, 我不想承认它的存在
[44:06] because that’s… 因为…
[44:07] I’m probably not the only one, that’s my way of coping. 可能不只是我这样 但我是这么想的
[44:11] As I was coming over here today, 我今天过来的路上
[44:13] I was figuring out how many days left, you know, 想了想还剩多少天
[44:16] how many weeks left. 还剩几周
[44:17] And it’s… And it’s… 然后发现…
[44:20] It’s going so quickly. 时间过得太快了
[44:23] Well, it’s… It’s eight weeks, it’s eight weeks. 只剩…八周了 只有八周
[44:26] just under eight weeks now. 现在都不到八周了
[44:42] Are you OK this morning? Yes? 你今早还好吗
[45:31] All right? 可以吗
[45:34] Yeah? 怎么样
[45:37] Yes. 好的
[45:43] Three. 三个
[45:45] Ok, ok. 好的 好的
[45:49] 斯蜜塔太棒了 她是个非常善良可爱的女人
[45:56] – Thank you. – Yes? -谢谢 -什么
[45:59] – Thank you. – You’re welcome. -谢谢 -不客气
[46:01] 现况很糟糕 但因为斯密塔很耐心 让我觉得这件事没那么难以接受
[46:11] MPs will today be debating whether to legalise assisted dying. 议员们今天将针对安乐死的合法化展开争论
[46:15] The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, 坎特伯雷大主教 贾斯汀·威尔比
[46:16] has described it as one of the biggest dilemmas of our time. 称安乐死是我们当今最大的矛盾焦点
[46:21] Order! 肃静
[46:23] It’s a great honour to speak on a debate 很荣幸能在这场讨论会上发言
[46:25] which is actually a matter of life or death. 本次论题真的事关生死
[46:30] \fs22)}议案要求通过一项新法令 允许剩余生命不足六个月的人请求注射死亡
[46:38] I think it’s naive to believe that we can prevent 如果法案通过 很可能会导致
[46:40] the persuasion of an elderly, expensive or asset-rich relative 一些资产雄厚或者身价昂贵的老人
[46:44] being encouraged, coerced or emotionally blackmailed 因为被人教唆 遭人胁迫或威胁
[46:47] – into taking their own life. – Hear, hear! -而选择自杀 -说得好
[46:50] I’ve cared for my husband for five years, 我照顾了我丈夫五年
[46:53] and I saw when life changed 我很清楚地看到过
[46:57] to being a burden. 生命如何变成了负担
[46:59] Who wants to travel to Switzerland? 谁愿意去瑞士
[47:00] Why should we have to? 为什么要去瑞士
[47:02] Why can’t we die at home, 为什么不能死在自己家里
[47:03] which is where most people want to? 大多数人肯定希望在家中死去
[47:05] We are here to protect the most vulnerable in our society, 我们的职责是保护社会中的弱势群体
[47:10] not to legislate to kill them. 而不是帮助他们去死
[47:12] It says something for any society, 通过观察人们如何照顾弱势群体
[47:14] the way in which they look after their most vulnerable and their elderly, 能够看出一个社会的本质
[47:18] and I fundamentally worry 而我非常担心
[47:20] that we are starting down a path that essentially says 我们即将踏上的这条路
[47:23] that those lives are worth less. 最终会让他们的生命不再可贵
[47:31] I am a GP from Margate 我是马尔盖特的一名医生
[47:32] and I’m very concerned that this bill, 我十分担心这份法案
[47:34] I think, is detrimental to this country. 我觉得这份法案对国家不利
[47:37] Essentially, if this goes through, 从本质上讲 如果法案通过
[47:38] metaphorically, on Monday morning, 打个比喻 在周一早晨
[47:39] I could cure people with my left hand 我可以用左手去治愈患者
[47:41] and kill them with my right. 也能用右手杀死他们
[47:43] It is God who determines when a person should die. 一个人何时去世 由上帝决定
[47:48] It is God’s will, isn’t it? Good old God! 又是上帝的旨意是吗 哪都有上帝
[47:50] Oh, yes, oh, yes! It’s the meaning of life. 是的 没错 这就是生命的意义
[47:53] Well, that’s good for you, 随你怎么想
[47:55] cos I don’t believe in God, 但我不相信上帝
[47:56] cos your so-called God took my wife away. 因为你所谓的上帝带走了我的妻子
[47:59] The House of Commons has voted decisively 下议院的投票结果
[48:01] against proposals to give terminally ill patients 明确驳回了这份法案 拒绝给予绝症患者
[48:04] the right to end their lives under medical supervision. 在医务监督下结束自己生命的权利
[48:19] This is such a crushing defeat, it settles this matter 双方票数悬殊 这也就注定了
[48:23] in terms of legislation for the foreseeable future. 在可预见的将来 安乐死也不能合法化
[48:26] It leaves us with the status quo of one Briton per fortnight 也就是说平均每两周 就会有一个英国人
[48:30] travelling to Switzerland to die with the help of the suicide… 要远赴瑞士接受安乐死…
[49:09] I’ve become suddenly very, kind of strong-willed about it. 我突然对这件事非常坚定
[49:11] I think I was just going along with Simon, 我之前就只是一味听西蒙的话
[49:14] and I suddenly felt this isn’t the right decision. 但我突然觉得这个决定不对
[49:17] This isn’t right for him, 他这样做是不对的
[49:18] and he’s giving mixed messages. 而且他自己也摇摆不定
[49:22] We need to explore another way. 我们需要另想办法
[49:29] And when the Assisted Dying Bill 《安乐死法案》
[49:30] got voted down yesterday, I was pleased, 昨天被否决 我挺开心的
[49:34] and I thought it was the, kind of… 我觉得这是一种…
[49:37] I am only just saying what I think. 我只是表达我心中所想
[49:41] It’s a kind of vote for 我认为这是一场
[49:44] the sanctity of a human life, to me, 关乎人类生命的神圣投票
[49:46] without sounding too twee and dramatic about it. 我没有矫情 也不想太夸张
[49:49] But, this… 不过…
[49:51] I want to look really, really carefully 我非常想了解清楚
[49:53] at what’s on offer with hospice care. 临终关怀能提供些什么
[49:55] Simon can tell me to bugger off, 西蒙可以让我闭嘴
[49:56] it’s his life, but that’s how I feel. 毕竟是他的生命 但这是我的看法
[50:06] Simon was referred by his consultant at King’s. 西蒙由国王大学医院的顾问医生转介过来
[50:11] His first appointment was very much focusing on 他第一次来看诊时 主要关注了
[50:13] 茱莉·谢尔顿 圣克里斯托弗安养院 社工
[50:14] what we could offer here at St Christopher’s, 圣克里斯托弗安养院能提供什么
[50:16] what sort of medical intervention we could offer. 我们能够提供哪些形式的医疗干预
[50:23] If someone’s breathless, for example 如果病人喘不过气
[50:25] when someone develops breathing difficulty because of diaphragm weakness, 由于膈肌无力 出现了呼吸困难
[50:28] the first thing we can do 我们首先可以
[50:29] is offer them non-invasive ventilation, 给他们提供无创通气
[50:29] 艾哈·沙拉比教授 西蒙的神经病学顾问医生
[50:31] which is a mask that goes over the face. 也就是戴上氧气面罩
[50:33] When they breathe in, it detects that 病人吸气时 它可以监测得到
[50:35] and helps by blowing air in. 并送气帮助呼吸
[50:38] But at some point, it won’t be effective. 但总有一天 面罩会失去效果
[50:42] To take away the feeling of panic or breathlessness, 那么为了消除恐慌感和呼吸困难
[50:45] we give morphine. 我们会使用吗啡
[50:46] If that happens to shorten life, then so be it. 虽然有缩短寿命的风险 但也只能如此
[50:50] The law and the ethics around this are very clear. 法律和道德对此有着相当清楚的规定
[50:53] We’re not allowed to give drugs to end someone’s life, 我们不能用药物结束患者的生命
[50:56] but if the aim of giving a drug is to relieve distress, 但如果用药是为了减轻痛楚
[50:58] and that might shorten life, 药物副作用是缩短寿命
[51:00] we are ethically obliged to give that treatment. 这种情况下 有权利给予药物治疗
[51:07] We then talked about the fact 后来我们谈到了
[51:10] that he’d taken total control over going to Switzerland. 他去不去瑞士完全由自己决定
[51:15] But knowing that Debbie and his family didn’t want him to go 但得知黛比和家人不希望他去后
[51:19] was really sort of conflicting him. 他真的很矛盾
[51:25] He really sort of talked about Debbie… 他会提到黛比
[51:28] wanting to do it sort of right by her. 不希望对不起她
[51:32] With Debbie losing Chloe two years previously, 毕竟两年前黛比刚失去了克洛伊
[51:36] the impact on her was going to be absolutely enormous. 这件事会对她造成巨大的打击
[51:39] He was very mindful of that, 他非常担心这一点
[51:41] so that really played into his decision-making. 也着实影响了他的决定
[52:01] We’d been told very clearly 医生很清楚地告诉过我们
[52:02] that actually the death from motor neurone disease is not a bad death. 其实运动神经元病带来的死亡并不痛苦
[52:08] It’s often with pneumonia. 通常会死于肺炎
[52:10] And, actually, we’re living with disability now and we’re managing. 其实现在他已经行动不便 而我们过得也不错
[52:17] And we have nice times and difficult times 我们有开心时光 也有难过的时候
[52:20] and sometimes you wake up and think, 有时候醒来会想
[52:22] God, this is dreadful, how has this happened? 天啊 太可怕了 怎么会发生这样的事
[52:25] And other times, we’re sitting laughing, 还有的时候 我们开怀大笑
[52:27] surrounded by family and friends. 被家人朋友幸福地包围着
[52:29] And there’s still lots of bits that are really lovely about life. 生活中仍有许多美好的事情
[52:34] And I cannot take him to Basel 我无法带他到巴塞尔
[52:41] because I don’t think it’s… 因为我不认为…
[52:42] One, I don’t think it’s the right thing to do, 第一 我不认为这是正确的选择
[52:44] and two, and perhaps most importantly, 第二 可能也是最重要的
[52:47] I don’t believe he really wants to go. 我不相信他真的想离开
[52:51] You are reconsidering? 你在重新考虑吗
[52:57] He is, apparently. 明显是的
[52:59] I am. 是的
[53:03] In him reconsidering, we suddenly have hope again. 因为他在重新考虑 我们突然又有了希望
[53:08] That’s a real change. 这是个很大的转变
[53:17] I thought they’d be indifferent to the timing of my demise. 我以为他们不会在乎我的辞世日期
[53:21] I was so wrong. 我完全错了
[53:24] If I was single, I’d be gone. Definitely. 如果我是一个人 我绝对会选择离开
[53:33] But I’m not single. 但我不是一个人
[53:35] And I have responsibilities to others 而且我现在才开始意识到
[53:37] that I’m only now starting to fully understand. 我得对别人负责
[53:48] 新信息 西蒙·宾纳
[53:50] Tuesday, 22nd September. 9月22日 周二
[53:53] Dear friends, we’re having 亲爱的朋友们 这个周五
[53:55] another one of my ludicrous games parties this Friday. 我将再次举行搞笑游戏聚会
[54:01] Hoop a cone will be a featured event. 特别活动是套圈游戏
[54:03] And women have all been instructed 女士们请穿裤子
[54:05] to wear trousers for the tree swing. 参加荡秋千的游戏
[54:08] Tim, on account of your height and bulk, 提姆 鉴于你高大的身材
[54:11] you are hereby duly appointed CBTO 你被任命为CBTO
[54:15] Chief Bins Transportation Officer. 也就是首席宾纳运输官
[54:18] Congratulations upon your elevation to high office. 恭喜你的升职
[54:31] Here? 这里
[54:32] Here? 放这里吗
[54:52] He’s still taking part in things. 他仍在参与活动
[54:55] He’s very competitive. 他非常好胜
[54:58] This wins it. 这就赢了
[55:02] Yes. 好的
[55:04] Yes! 太好了
[55:07] He can still write. 他还能写字
[55:09] When his writing slows down, we don’t know what will happen. 当他写字速度变慢 我们不知道将发生什么
[55:12] But at the moment, he’s doing very well, actually, 但现在 他状况其实还不错
[55:15] and getting so much support from everybody. 而且大家给了他许多支持
[55:18] He’s always been very sociable, and, in the years, it’s paid off. 他总是非常友善 这么多年来 一切都值得
[55:23] He’s got all his daft friends that have grown up very supportive. 他有一群一起长大互相支持的傻瓜朋友
[55:27] – It’s the most uncomfortable bloody seat. – Are you on? -这座位真难受 -你坐好了吗
[55:29] I suppose so, yes. 应该好了
[55:31] Right, do you want left hand or right hand? 好的 你想用左手还是右手
[55:32] I think left hand, 左手吧
[55:33] cos I’m going to hold on tight with my right hand. 因为我想用右手抓住绳子
[55:37] It feels like a stay of execution. 这感觉像是等待判决
[55:38] That’s exactly what it feels like. 就是这种感觉
[55:42] I still value his friendship, 我仍然珍惜他的友谊
[55:44] I still enjoy being in his company. 享受在他的公司工作
[55:54] When we were children, 在我们小时候
[55:56] there was always some competition going on. 总会有一些比赛
[56:05] I think he’s still enjoying life. 我觉得他仍在享受人生
[56:10] He laughs so much. 他经常笑
[56:13] He writes his texts or his notes, 他自己写短信或笔记
[56:14] 伊丽莎白 西蒙的妹妹
[56:15] and he’s shaking with laughter at his own jokes. 他会被自己说的笑话笑翻
[56:25] Whenever I see him, when I come home, I get in the car 每次看完他回家 当我坐进车里
[56:28] and I just think, “What a lovely day! What a happy house!” 我总是想 “多么美好的一天 多么欢乐的一家啊”
[56:45] Right, are you saying anything for me, you guys? 你们说句话呗
[56:49] Sunday. 周日
[56:52] Nonsuch Park, the sun is shining. 楠萨奇公园 阳光明媚
[57:02] Debbie doesn’t want him to go to Switzerland. 黛比不想让他去瑞士
[57:06] It’s given him a way to reconsider. 这使得他重新考虑
[57:10] Analysing it day-by-day is probably a good thing. 每天一点点地分析可能是件好事
[57:13] But I think, in the end, it has to be his choice. 但是我认为 最后还是要他自己决定
[57:21] I don’t think I do always know what he’s feeling. 我觉得我不总是了解他的感受
[57:30] I think the games are a way of Simon deflecting attention. 我觉得做游戏能让西蒙转移注意力
[57:40] What is Simon going to be when he can’t communicate? 当西蒙不能交流的时候会变成什么样
[57:46] And I wouldn’t like him to let himself get to that stage 我不想让他走到那一步
[57:49] and then think, 然后想着
[57:51] Oh, no, now, I’m hating everything, 不 现在我厌倦一切
[57:54] but I’m sort of trapped. 但是我无法逃脱了
[58:40] I’ll be totally unable to communicate soon. 我很快就会没办法和人交流了
[58:45] It’s terrifying to think my only form 失去我唯一的交流方式
[58:46] of interaction will be gone. 想想就可怕
[58:51] Losing my voice is bad, but none… 不能说话很糟糕 但什么也做不了…
[58:56] None is terrible. 什么也做不了更恐怖
[59:09] Debbie Binner wrote. 黛比·宾纳写道
[59:11] Simon Binner – Urgent. 西蒙·宾纳 紧急
[59:13] Dear Erika, Simon is sitting next to me 亲爱的艾瑞卡 西蒙现在坐在我身边
[59:16] after a terrifying morning. 我们经历了一个可怕的上午
[59:18] He has tried to hang himself. 他企图上吊自杀
[59:21] We have calmed him down. 我们已经安抚住了他
[59:22] But now, he is saying he needs to die now 但是现在他说他要去死了
[59:26] And wants to come as soon as possible. 希望尽快能来
[59:28] This Friday, 16th October, at the least. 最晚这周五 也就是10月16日
[59:33] Please, can you advise if it is possible. 请告诉我 这可以吗
[59:36] He says he’s desperate. 他说他很绝望
[59:38] Debbie Binner. Kind regards. 黛比·宾纳 祝好
[59:43] Yes, and I have told her that 16th October is not possible. 我已经告诉她10月16日不行
[59:48] And he promised me, by writing 黛比转达说
[59:52] and by Debbie telling me, 他写字保证
[59:56] that he would accept to come on Monday 19th 他可以接受19日周一过来
[1:00:00] and he promised that he would not do 并且他保证不会
[1:00:02] something like that any more. 再做这种傻事了
[1:00:10] Until this happened to Binner, I never really thought 在宾纳之前 我从来没想过
[1:00:12] that you could be so frightened of not dying. 有人会害怕自己不死
[1:00:16] And for Binns to have done what he did yesterday… 在昨天宾纳尝试自杀之后
[1:00:21] sort of demonstrates, 一定程度上表明
[1:00:22] given he’s not an unthinking or cruel person, 因为他不是一个鲁莽残忍的人
[1:00:25] sort of demonstrates the absolute horror that he feels, 表明了他现在的感受绝对很可怕
[1:00:29] that, I think, you know, he was so overwhelmed 我觉得 他已经不堪重负
[1:00:32] that he kind of lost the plot, in a way, 他有点失去了理智
[1:00:35] and did something which, you know I think is… 并且做出我觉得…
[1:00:40] he was very, you know, he was properly sorry about. 他可能会后悔的事
[1:00:46] I think somehow we’ve missed those moments of 我觉得我们已经错过了他
[1:00:50] unendurable tragedy. 经历无法忍受的悲剧的时刻
[1:00:53] And…you know, you can just forget that 你可以忘记这些
[1:00:56] because you just see him as funny and upbeat and… 因为你只看到他搞笑 乐观
[1:01:02] you know, hilarious. 欢乐的一面
[1:01:05] There’s going to be a small farewell lunch party, 我们会举行一个小型告别午餐派对
[1:01:10] which Debbie’s sent a card… 黛比寄了请柬
[1:01:13] A sort of… given where they are, quite a jolly note about…on… 为了 让他感受朋友围绕的快乐时光
[1:01:18] on Friday. 在周五举行
[1:01:25] Dearest friends, our precious time is moving fast. 亲爱的朋友们 宝贵的时光匆匆流逝
[1:01:29] As I’m sure you all know, 大家都知道
[1:01:30] My precious Simon is going to Switzerland to end his life 10月19日 周一 我亲爱的西蒙
[1:01:32] On Monday, 19th October. 就要去瑞士结束自己的生命了
[1:01:36] We’ve had one hell of a week. 我们经历了地狱般的一周
[1:01:37] And in light of recent developments, 鉴于最近发生的事情
[1:01:39] Switzerland seems the kindest and best option. 去瑞士看来是最佳选项了
[1:01:42] Simon has made it very clear that he’s had enough. 西蒙明确表明他已经受够了
[1:01:51] Please know that you will find us beaten, 周五你们会看到我们沮丧
[1:01:53] Battle-weary and bruised on Friday. 一身疲惫 伤痕累累的样子
[1:01:56] But we love you all and want to celebrate one last time 但是我们爱你们 想和你们最后一次欢聚一堂
[1:01:58] In a gentle, more low-key way than before. 以一种更温柔低调的方式告别
[1:02:01] Love, hugs and strengths, Debbie. 爱 拥抱和力量 黛比
[1:02:19] 我最多只能撑到2016年1月 这样他们会记得更好的我 他们不会想看到我无法交流又无助的样子的 对他们对我都不好看
[1:02:27] Are you scared? 你害怕吗
[1:02:28] No. 不
[1:02:31] No. 不怕
[1:02:51] 我完全不害怕 这是一种解脱
[1:03:03] He’s not in a good state now, 他目前的情况不容乐观
[1:03:05] and I know, before, I fought and battled so hard, 我曾努力地战斗过
[1:03:08] but he’s made it very clear 但他已经表明得很清楚
[1:03:10] that he does not want to carry on his life. 不想继续活下去了
[1:03:17] I feel furious, um… 我感到怒火
[1:03:22] Tender. Loving. 柔情 爱意
[1:03:25] Um…protective. 守护
[1:03:30] So pleased I married him. 我很高兴成为他的妻子
[1:03:32] And I’ll miss him terribly. 我会非常思念他
[1:03:41] It’s terribly sad, terribly sad. 这太让人难过了
[1:03:43] And, um… And we love each other. 我们深爱彼此
[1:03:47] It’s, um… 只是
[1:03:49] But I think, at the end of the day, 但我觉得 到头来
[1:03:52] if you love someone, 如果你爱一个人
[1:03:53] you have to do what they want to do. 你还是得遵从他们的选择
[1:03:57] And… 而且
[1:04:00] and I think we’ve got to the point where, when Simon does die, 我想就算真的到了西蒙去世的那天
[1:04:04] it’s not… 也不是…
[1:04:05] It won’t…take away what we’ve had, 它也带不走我们曾经拥有的东西
[1:04:09] it will be there still 一切都会如往常一样
[1:04:14] and I think I’m so glad I met him. 我很高兴能和他相遇
[1:04:18] 我爱你 我们已经尽力做到最好了 我非常高兴能遇见黛比 亲亲
[1:04:48] I said goodbye to him at the party. 我在派对上和他道别
[1:04:51] He was lying down, tired, in the room 他疲惫地躺在房间里
[1:04:55] and when he came to say goodbye to me, we had a good cry. 当他对我说再见时 我们嚎啕大哭了一场
[1:04:59] And Elizabeth said, Well, he didn’t want to cry 伊丽莎白说 他不想
[1:05:03] when he was saying goodbye to us. 在和我们道别时流泪
[1:05:04] He wanted to keep his act going all the time, didn’t he? 他总是想按自己的剧本走 不是吗
[1:05:10] So, we both cried. 结果我们都哭了
[1:05:14] Elizabeth said you could understand 伊丽莎白说你应该能体谅
[1:05:15] why he didn’t invite me to Switzerland. 他为什么不邀请你去瑞士
[1:05:19] I haven’t been on a plane for a long time 我很久没坐过飞机了
[1:05:20] and my balance isn’t all that good. 我的身体平衡并不好
[1:05:23] But I was quite looking forward to going. 但我非常想去
[1:05:26] I thought, It was MY son, 我在想 那是我儿子
[1:05:28] I had him, and… 是我生养的孩子…
[1:05:32] I keep thinking, 我止不住地想
[1:05:33] Well, I can’t get another son, can I? 我没法再拥有一个儿子了 对吧
[1:05:57] 发件人 西蒙·宾纳 收件人 黛比·宾纳及其他四人
[1:05:58] Hello, Five Musketeers. 五个火枪手 你们好
[1:06:01] You can now print off your boarding passes. 你们现在可以打印自己的登机牌了
[1:06:05] Passengers – Debbie, Mike, 乘客有黛比 迈克
[1:06:08] Elizabeth, Dr Sandberg and Will. 伊丽莎白 桑德伯格医生和威尔
[1:06:13] Thank you for waiting, at this time, 感谢您的耐心等待
[1:06:14] will all remaining customers please board now… 请剩下的所有乘客即刻登机
[1:06:21] Suicide in this country is not in offence. 自杀在这个国家不属于犯罪
[1:06:26] The law is very clear about what is the offence, 法律明确规定何种行为才算犯罪
[1:06:30] and the offence is assisting or encouraging 即协助或怂恿
[1:06:33] somebody to commit suicide. 他人自杀
[1:06:35] If you take somebody to Dignitas, for example, 例如 如果你带他人去安乐死机构
[1:06:37] 艾莉森·桑德斯 检察总长
[1:06:38] you arrange the flights, you put them on the plane, 安排好行程 送他们上了飞机
[1:06:40] you take them there, that’s the sort of assistance 带他们到了那儿 这就算是协助自杀
[1:06:43] that could be an offence under the act. 可以归属为犯罪行为
[1:06:47] Maximum penalty is up to 14 years. 最高可判处14年有期徒刑
[1:06:51] But it’s a matter of each individual case and circumstance. 但也要视个案和具体情况而定
[1:06:58] We’ll take into account 我们会将个人
[1:06:59] the clear and express intention, if there is, 明确的意向纳入考虑 如果
[1:07:01] of the individual, 他的确有的话
[1:07:03] the compassionate nature of the people who assisted. 以及协助之人的同情心
[1:07:07] We will weigh up and decide 我们会权衡并决定
[1:07:09] whether or not that means we should prosecute or not. 是否应该起诉
[1:08:01] There’s a handle just here. 这里有一个扶手
[1:08:27] The person only knows the last evening 申请人最后一天晚上才会知道
[1:08:30] if it is definitely accepted. 是否确定被接受
[1:08:34] Hello, Mrs Binner? 你好 宾纳太太
[1:08:36] Hello, very nice to meet you. 你好 很高兴见到你
[1:08:37] – Nice to meet you. – Come in. -很高兴见到你 -请进
[1:08:40] Simon must convince the second doctor, also. 西蒙还必须说服另一名医生
[1:08:45] Hello. Hello, Mr Binner. 你好 宾纳先生
[1:08:48] I’m a GP working with Erika. 我是与艾瑞卡共事的医生
[1:08:53] Ok. 好了
[1:09:02] 我想告诉你我一点也不怕死 一点点都没有 完全没有
[1:09:03] There is no fear for dying. 完全不惧怕死亡
[1:09:08] In the UK, he tried to end his own life. 在英国时 他试图自杀
[1:09:12] So, we didn’t really realise 我们直到那一刻
[1:09:14] until that point how desperate he was. 才真正了解他有多么绝望
[1:09:18] I believe that. 我相信
[1:09:18] That was so horrifying. 太可怕了
[1:09:22] You know what will happen tomorrow, what’s going on? 你知道明天会发生什么 会是什么情况吧
[1:09:26] Erika explained everything, how it works, 艾瑞卡说明了一切 会怎么进行
[1:09:29] also with the infusion. 还有输液的情况
[1:09:31] – Yes, so, he will feel nothing? – No. -是的 他不会有任何感觉吗 -不会
[1:09:34] – Just like going to sleep with an anaesthetic? – Yes. -就像打了麻醉剂睡着似的 -对
[1:09:37] But you know that when you let this thing run, 但你要知道一旦开始输液
[1:09:42] that you go to die, not to sleep. 你会死 而不是睡着
[1:09:46] And you must be clear in mind that you are. 你必须清楚地知道这点
[1:09:50] You don’t make me the impression of depression. 你看着不像是抑郁的人
[1:09:55] No. 不是
[1:09:56] And it doesn’t look… 而且看起来不
[1:09:58] You were deciding yourself. 你是自己在做决定
[1:10:00] So, it’s your decision and not from outside. 所以这是你的决定而不是外界导致的
[1:10:04] There are important things 有一些重要的事
[1:10:05] I have to write down for legal reasons. 我必须得记下 因为法律原因
[1:10:07] – You have to assess, yes. – Yeah. The assessment. -您必须评估 明白 -是的 评估
[1:10:10] So… 所以
[1:10:12] 不 谢谢 您很善良 医生
[1:10:14] Can I do something for you, otherwise, 我能为你做些什么吗 除了
[1:10:17] than to go and write my report? 写我的报告外
[1:10:21] For me, it’s OK. 在我看来 可以通过
[1:10:45] It hasn’t been a laugh, it’s been a belly laugh. 不是大笑 而是捧腹大笑
[1:10:48] – Laugh out loud. – Yes. -开怀大笑 -是的
[1:10:51] You always make people laugh, 你总能逗人笑
[1:10:53] people like Auntie Margaret, and Simon would start. 像玛格丽特姑妈这样的 西蒙就会开始
[1:10:57] We’d sit at a table like this, I didn’t need to say anything, 我们像这样围坐桌子旁 我都不需要说什么
[1:11:01] Sarah didn’t need to say anything, 萨拉也不需要说什么
[1:11:02] cos the floor show is over here. 因为节目表演就是这位
[1:11:08] You’ve always been such a lovely brother. 你一直都是我的好兄弟
[1:11:20] Thank you, Binns. 谢谢你 宾纳
[1:11:24] – Top bloke. – Top banana. -最棒的家伙 -头儿
[1:11:50] Simon will take off from his hotel with his family and friends. 西蒙会和家人朋友一起从酒店出发
[1:11:56] He will come to the place where we do the assisted dying 他会来我们在巴塞尔进行
[1:11:58] in the city of Basel. 安乐死的地方
[1:12:01] And he will have to fill in some forms 他得填写一些表格
[1:12:05] because the authority of Basel want him to sign, 因为巴塞尔政府需要他签字
[1:12:08] the day that he is dying, 他选择死亡的日子
[1:12:10] that he really has been thinking about it well again, 他真正深思熟虑过
[1:12:14] slept over it another night. 仔细考虑过
[1:12:17] I want the family to be there to show acceptance, 我想让家人在场表示接受
[1:12:22] to show understanding what Simon wants to do, 表示他们理解西蒙想做的事
[1:12:25] and then Simon has to do it 然后西蒙在他
[1:12:28] at the moment that he wants to do it. 想做的时刻自己动手
[1:12:31] And he has the possibility to say no and go back home 直到最后一刻
[1:12:34] until the very last moment. 他都可以反悔然后回家
[1:12:37] Even when the medicine is in the bag already 就算药剂已经装进袋子
[1:12:40] and the perfusion is closed, 点滴准备就绪
[1:12:43] and he, all of a sudden, is afraid of opening it, 这时候他突然间不敢打开点滴了
[1:12:46] no problem, nobody’s angry, he could go back home any time. 没关系 没人会生气 他随时可以回家
[1:13:31] We hang this up. 挂起来
[1:13:41] We have to prove to the authorities 我们必须向有关部门证明
[1:13:43] that this person has opened the drip himself or herself, 当事人是自己打开点滴的
[1:13:48] and you can only prove that by doing a little film. 所以只能录下影片来证明
[1:14:02] Yeah? OK, so we do the questions now. 好了 现在我们要回答几个问题
[1:14:06] I know that you cannot speak 我知道你因为患有运动神经元病
[1:14:08] because of your motor neurone disease. 无法说话
[1:14:11] This is why I will ask the questions in a manner 所以我问的这些问题
[1:14:14] that you can just show with your head yes or no. 你可以通过点头或摇头回答
[1:14:19] Is it right that your name is Simon Binner? 你的名字是西蒙·宾纳吗
[1:14:24] That is right. 是的
[1:14:26] Is it right that you have been born on 2nd November, 1957? 你的出生日期是1957年11月2日吗
[1:14:32] Yes. 是
[1:14:35] And you have written that you’ve come here 你书面写下了
[1:14:38] to Lifecircle to end your life 你是自愿来这里结束生命
[1:14:40] because you have this very bad motor neurone disease, 原因是你患有很严重的运动神经元病
[1:14:44] very progressed, is that right? 病情恶化迅速 对吗
[1:14:48] Yes. 对
[1:14:50] I have put the perfusion into your brain. 点滴已经连接到你的大脑
[1:14:55] There is a medication in the perfusion now. 现在点滴中已注入药物
[1:14:58] And I have told you that you will die if you open it. 我已告知 如果打开点滴你就会死
[1:15:03] Do you know that you will die if you open this perfusion? 你是否清楚 一旦打开点滴你就会死
[1:15:05] Yes, yes. 是的
[1:15:09] So, Simon, it is now… 西蒙 现在是…
[1:15:12] What time is it? 现在几点了
[1:15:14] 9:38. 9点38分
[1:15:17] If you would like to die, 如果你想终止生命的话
[1:15:19] you are allowed to open the perfusion now. 现在就可以打开点滴了
[1:15:33] Hi, Debbie. It’s Simon here. 你好啊 黛比 我是西蒙
[1:15:38] I’ve loved you very, very much, Debbie. 我非常非常爱你 黛比
[1:15:41] I haven’t deserved you, or Hannah or Zoe. 我感到不配拥有你 汉娜和佐伊
[1:15:46] Such loving and caring young ladies. 你们是如此善良又体贴的姑娘
[1:15:49] And I’ve been such a grumpy Gruffalo for much of the time. 而我一直以来却犟得要命
[1:15:54] But I really love you, Debbie. 但我真的很爱你 黛比
[1:15:56] We’ve had such a fun and laughter-filled marriage. 我们的婚姻生活充满了欢声笑语
[1:16:00] We were really blessed to have found one another. 我们能在一起是多么的幸运
[1:16:05] The one blessing of a slow decline 病情慢慢恶化有个好处
[1:16:07] is that we’ve had time 我们在过去的十个月中
[1:16:08] to speak about things over ten long months, 有足够的时间好好聊天
[1:16:11] not like losing me in a car smash. 不像车祸那样一下结束
[1:16:14] We’ve really said everything that needs to be said. 该说的我们都说过了
[1:16:19] You’ve been a truly fantastic wife to me, Debbie. 你是特别棒的妻子 黛比
[1:16:23] And I know that you’ve loved me and I’ve loved you. 我知道我们一直以来深爱着彼此
[1:16:28] Anyway, time and tide wait for no man. 总之 时间不等人
[1:16:32] I love you very much, Debbie. 我爱你 黛比
[1:16:35] Goodbye. 再见了
[1:18:39] I remember Simon dying and 我记得西蒙去世的画面
[1:18:44] I know he played a tape, 我记得他放了一段录音
[1:18:45] but I don’t remember the tape. 但我不记得录音的内容了
[1:18:50] I remember the tenderness I felt towards him. 我记得我在他身边时感受到的温暖
[1:18:54] I got him ready in the morning. 我早上为他准备好
[1:18:56] He was still really, really keen, 他仍然那么精神
[1:18:58] that his cuff links were put on properly 佩戴好了袖扣
[1:19:00] and that his shoes were done up properly. 打理好了鞋子
[1:19:04] And I found that very touching, 那让我很感动
[1:19:05] and it’s something I really loved about him, that he was so smart. 我就是爱他如此整洁利落的模样
[1:19:09] and I vaguely remember being on a plane… 我依稀记得在飞机上…
[1:19:14] I remember Erika and that’s about it. 我记得艾瑞卡 差不多就是这样
[1:19:17] Yeah, big chunks just kind of… 对 的确不容易…
[1:19:20] cos we were just trying to get through it for him. 因为当时我们正尝试帮他熬过去
[1:19:26] For him, I think he went to Switzerland 对他来说 我觉得他在
[1:19:28] at exactly the right time for him. 最合适的时候去了瑞士
[1:19:32] But, for us, what we had to go through, 但对我们来说 我们所要经历的
[1:19:35] to end his life, it was extraordinarily difficult. 帮他结束生命 这异乎寻常的艰难
[1:19:40] And I feel I’m still in shock and trauma. 我仍感到悲痛欲绝
[1:19:44] Somebody’s there one minute and then not the next. 一个人前一分钟还在 后一分钟就离开了
[1:19:48] And I can’t… 我无法…
[1:19:50] I haven’t got the words to express about how big a deal it is. 我无法用语言形容他离去的意味
[1:19:56] I’m angry, 我很愤怒
[1:19:58] I’m missing him, 我很想念他
[1:20:00] I yearn for him. 我很怀念他
[1:20:03] I’m guilty that somehow I couldn’t make his life nice enough, 我很内疚没能想尽办法让他的生活足够精彩
[1:20:07] you know, and maybe if I’d worked harder 也许如果我更尽力
[1:20:10] and made it easier, 让生活更舒适
[1:20:11] and hadn’t snapped at him that time, or got this when he wanted, 那次没斥责他 在他需要时满足他
[1:20:14] maybe he wouldn’t have wanted to go, 也许他还不会想离开
[1:20:15] and I don’t think any of that’s logical, 我知道这些想法不合逻辑
[1:20:17] but I think it leaves you with those kind of feelings. 但你就是会不自觉地那样想
[1:20:22] Did I do enough? 我做得够多吗
[1:20:24] Maybe that’s what I’m struggling with – did I do enough? 也许我就是在纠结 我做得够多吗
[1:20:28] Was it…? 有没有…
[1:20:29] Did I do enough to make his life worthwhile 为使他生活充实我做得够多吗
[1:20:33] when he had done so much for me, really, over the years, 而这些年他的确为我付出太多
[1:20:37] and helped me look after my daughter 帮我照料女儿
[1:20:39] and all those kind of things. 处理其他生活琐碎
[1:20:42] Maybe, that’s the difficulty of what I’m struggling with. 也许这种想法就是困扰我的难题
[1:21:03] I cannot begin to feel… 我无法感受…
[1:21:04] A lot of people said to me, “I think you’re very brave.” 很多人对我说 “我觉得你很勇敢”
[1:21:08] Well, I’m not very brave, 其实并不是我多勇敢
[1:21:09] I don’t have…the option of being brave or not. 而是我别无选择
[1:21:14] Then some people say he is brave. 也有人说他勇敢
[1:21:17] And Elizabeth and I were discussing this 伊丽莎白和我聊过这事
[1:21:19] and saying, “Yes, he was brave.” 我们觉得 “是的 他很勇敢”
[1:21:22] But we have to remember 但我们也要记得
[1:21:24] that these other people were brave that have stuck it out, 也有很多坚持到生命终结的人
[1:21:26] as well. 他们也很勇敢
[1:21:32] You see, I’m mourning him as my baby boy. 我把他当作小宝贝一样地缅怀
[1:21:39] He wrote me something on a piece of paper. 他给我写了张小纸条
[1:21:50] It’s sad, but it’s for the best. Thank you for being my mum. 虽然难过但这样最好 感谢您做我的母亲
[1:22:16] The man I came to know was, 这个我所认识的男人
[1:22:19] as you will also remember him, 你们也会记得他
[1:22:21] a force of nature. 他天赋异禀
[1:22:24] Incisive, articulate, 思维缜密 口齿伶俐
[1:22:26] bursting with energy. 精力充沛
[1:22:29] He never wallowed in self-pity, 他从不顾影自怜
[1:22:30] he was absolutely fantastic to the end. 他精彩地活到了生命尽头
[1:22:32] He was a magnificent man. 他是个高尚的人
[1:22:34] He was magnificent to the very end. 他将高尚延续到生命终结
[1:22:37] And he wrote to me just before he died, 他在临死前写给我这样的话
[1:22:39] warning me that I would never find another friend like him. 提醒我 我不会再遇到像他一样的朋友
[1:22:43] I think we can say, without fear of contradiction, 我认为我们能够无可置疑地说
[1:22:45] that none of us will ever know anyone like him. 我们都不会再认识像他一样的人
[1:22:48] Si Binner, as he will always be known to me, 西·宾纳 对我来说
[1:22:52] was a guy from a slightly different planet. 他是来自一个异星球的家伙
[1:22:56] I’m missing the daft bugger. A friend indeed. 我想念这个愚蠢的家伙 一位真正的朋友
[1:23:03] 2016年9月15日凌晨4点 一个熟悉的小伙伴 浓子 因先天进行性肌营养不良症 抢救无效离开了我们 她生前曾询问过 我们是否会制作这部纪录片 当时无人响应 现在才发现 原来那时她已做好了准备
[1:23:12] 生死本是生命中很平常的一环 先天疾病将你带走 而你留给了我们永远的回忆 很难想象在最后的日子里 你是如何强忍病痛 丝毫不透露你的病情 依旧与我们欢乐度过每一天 做好每部剧
[1:23:26] Up. 起
[1:23:37] 浓子曾经常驻过的部分剧集 戏里戏外 星恋 摩登家庭 塞勒姆 家族风云 暴君 始祖家族 永恒 恋爱手册 无耻家庭 千古掘密 圣域 情事 闪电侠 盲点 蓝海暮色 X档案 11.22.63 侠胆雄狮 一级谋杀
2016年

Post navigation

Previous Post: BBC Timeshift How to be Sherlock Holmes(如何成为福尔摩斯)[2014]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: Perhaps Love(如果爱)[2005]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme