英文名称:Gran Torino
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:12] | I’m real sorry about Dorothy, Walt. | 很遗憾桃乐西离我们而去 沃尔特 |
[01:15] | She was a real peach. | 她人真的很好 |
[01:17] | Thanks for coming, Al. | 谢谢你能来 艾尔 |
[01:27] | Father, son, holy spirit. | 圣父 圣子 圣灵 |
[01:32] | Father. Spirit. | 圣父 圣灵 |
[01:41] | Holy spirit. | 圣灵 |
[01:48] | Spectacles, testicles, wallet, and watch. | 眼镜 睾丸 钱包 手表 |
[01:58] | Look at the way the old man glared at Ashley. | 瞧瞧 老头瞪阿什利的眼神 |
[02:02] | Can’t even tone it down for mom’s funeral. | 即使在妈妈的葬礼上还这么严厉 |
[02:05] | What do you expect? Dad’s still living in the ’50s. | 你指望怎样 老爸还活在50年代 |
[02:09] | He expects his granddaughter to dress a little more modestly. | 他希望自己的孙女穿得庄重一些 |
[02:12] | Well, your kid’s wearing a lines jersey. I’m sure dad appreciates that. | 你的孩子穿的条纹衫一定很讨父亲喜欢 |
[02:15] | The point is that there’s nothing anyone | 重点是现在没有人 |
[02:17] | Can do that won’t disappoint the old man. | 能让老头满意 |
[02:19] | It’s inevitable. | 这是无法避免的 |
[02:24] | You know, that’s why we stopped doing thanksgivings. | 就因为这我们都不过感恩节了 |
[02:27] | You know, that deal with the boat motor, the broken birdbath. | 那摩托艇 破了的鸟盆 |
[02:31] | It’s always something. | 总有事儿 |
[02:32] | What are we gonna do with him? | 我们该怎么做 |
[02:34] | Don’t you think he’s gonna get in trouble, | 让他一个人住在老街坊 |
[02:36] | All by himself in the old neighborhood? | 会碰上许多麻烦的 |
[02:40] | Well, why don’t you have him move in with you? | 为什么他不搬过去和你住 |
[02:44] | Ha, ha, ha. | 真好笑 |
[03:05] | Death is often a bittersweet occasion to us Catholics. | 对于我们天主教徒 死亡既是不幸 又是万幸 |
[03:11] | Bitter in the pain, sweet in the salvation. | 痛苦是不幸的 救赎是万幸的 |
[03:16] | Bitter in the pain it causes the deceased and their families. | 家庭成员的离去是痛苦的 |
[03:23] | Sweet to those of us who know the salvation that awaits. | 万幸的是 我们知道离去的人将被救赎 |
[03:29] | And some may ask, “what is death?” | 也许有些人会问 “死亡是什么” |
[03:33] | Is it the end? | 它是终点 |
[03:36] | Or is it the beginning? | 还是起点 |
[03:38] | And what is life? What is this thing we call “life”? | 生命是什么 那些我们所谓的生命又是什么 |
[03:45] | – All these questions can frustrate you. – Ashley, stop it. | -这些问题会让你疑惑 -阿什利 别玩了 |
[03:48] | That’s why you have to turn to the lord. | 我们必须向主寻求答案 |
[03:50] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[03:51] | Because the lord is the sweetness…. | 因为是和蔼的… |
[03:58] | This is so good. Did you have a chance to call Martha? | 弄的真不错 你有机会给玛莎打电话吗 |
[04:10] | – Is that dad? No. – That’s grandpa Walt. | -那是爸爸吗 -不 是沃尔特爷爷 |
[04:13] | “third platoon, e company, March 2nd, 1952, Korea”? | “三排E连 1952年 3月2日 韩国” |
[04:19] | Where’s Korea? | 韩国是哪儿 |
[04:24] | A lot of people showed up after the service. | 仪式过后来了许多人 |
[04:26] | Well, I suppose they heard there’s gonna be a lot of ham. | 他们一定都听说了这有大餐 |
[04:29] | I’ll go down in the basement and get some chairs. | 我去地下室拿点椅子 |
[04:32] | – Oh, I can do that, dad. – No, I need them now, not next week. | -我来吧 爸 -不用 我现在就要 不想等到下周 |
[04:40] | Cool, I found a medal. Look at this. | 真酷 我找到枚勋章 瞧瞧这个 |
[05:05] | How much longer do we have to stay? | 我们还要呆多久 |
[05:07] | This ghetto is a dead zone for my cell, and I’m bored. | 这鬼地方一点信号没有 太无聊了 |
[05:11] | Ashley, why don’t you go help grandpa Walt with the chairs? | 阿什利 去帮沃尔特爷爷拿下椅子吧 |
[05:14] | – Me? – Yes, you. go. go help him. | -我 -是的 快去 帮帮他 |
[05:19] | Grandpa Walt, would you like some help with this? | 沃尔特爷爷 要我帮忙吗 |
[05:22] | With your chairs? | 帮您拿椅子 |
[05:23] | No. You probably just painted your nails. | 不用 你好像刚刚涂了手指甲 |
[05:29] | – Honey, come here. Okay. – Well, your dad is driving me crazy. | -亲爱的 过来 -你爸快把我弄疯了 |
[05:36] | – Why did you make me do that? – It’s okay. we’re leaving soon. | -为什么要我那样做 -没事的 我们马上就走了 |
[05:39] | Hey, girl. Come on. | 姑娘 来吧 |
[05:42] | Come on. Come on. | 来吧 这边 |
[05:45] | Come with me. | 跟着我 |
[06:12] | How many swamp rats can you get in one room? | 屋里怎么能容下这么多沼泽鼠 |
[06:33] | Wow. Grandpa, when did you get the vintage car? | 爷爷 你什么时候弄到这老爷车的 |
[06:39] | 1972. | 1972年 |
[06:45] | I never knew you had a cool old car. | 我不知道你还有辆这么棒的老爷车 |
[06:47] | It’s been here since before you were born. | 你出生前它就在这了 |
[06:52] | So… | 那么… |
[06:54] | …what are you gonna do with it when you, like, die? | 要是你 死了 会怎么处理它 |
[07:07] | What about that super-cool retro couch you have in the den? | 你房间里那张酷毙了的老式沙发呢 |
[07:10] | Because I’m going to state next year… | 明年我就要去城里上大学了… |
[07:12] | And it would look really good in my room, | 它放我房间挺合适的 |
[07:14] | And I don’t have any furniture at all. | 我还没有一件家具呢 |
[07:23] | Oh, god. | 上帝啊 |
[07:29] | – Who are you? What do you want? – Hi. | -你是谁 干什么 -你好 |
[07:31] | – I live… – Get the shit out of your mouth. | -我住在… -闭上你的臭嘴 |
[07:33] | – Tell me what you want. – Do you have jumper cables? | -你想干什么 -请问您有跨接电缆吗 |
[07:36] | – My uncle’s car is old and… – We don’t have any cables. | -我叔叔的车旧了… -这没什么电缆 |
[07:38] | And have some respect, zipperhead. we’re in mourning here. | 放尊重点 东方人 我们在哀悼呢 |
[07:44] | – How you holding up, Walt? – Mr. Kowalski. | -为什么拒绝他 沃尔特 -科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[07:48] | Huh? | 什么 |
[07:50] | Mr. Kowalski, that’s my name. | 科瓦尔斯基先生 这才是我的名字 |
[07:53] | Right. Mr. kowalski. | 好吧 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[07:55] | Your wife and I became quite close these last few months. | 最后几个月 你的夫人和我走得很近 |
[07:58] | She asked that I watch over you when she passed on. | 她让我在她过世后好好关心你 |
[08:01] | I told her I watch over my entire of flock. | 我告诉她 我对自己的每一个信徒负责 |
[08:03] | But she made me promise I’d keep an extra-sharp eye on you. | 可她让我保证会特别留心你 |
[08:06] | Look, I appreciate the kindness you’ve shown to my wife. | 听着 我很感激你对我妻子这么好 |
[08:09] | Now that you’ve spoken your piece… | 既然你说完了… |
[08:10] | …why don’t you go tend to some of your other sheep? | 干吗不去照顾其它人呢 |
[08:14] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[08:15] | Dorothy mentioned specifically that it | 桃乐西特别提到 |
[08:17] | Was her desire for you to go to confession. | 她希望你能去做忏悔 |
[08:20] | She said she couldn’t remember the last time you went. | 她说已记不得你最后一次做是什么时候了 |
[08:22] | – Is that so? – It is. | -是吗 -是的 |
[08:26] | Well, I confess that I never really cared for church very much. | 好吧 我忏悔 我从不关心教堂那一套 |
[08:29] | The only reason I went was because of her. | 我为了她才去的 |
[08:31] | And I confess that I have no desire… | 我忏悔 我没有一点兴趣… |
[08:33] | …to confess to a boy that’s just out of the seminary. | 在一个乳臭未干的小孩儿面前忏悔 |
[08:56] | Great to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[09:02] | – Bye, dear. – So long, Walt. | -再见 亲爱的 -再见 沃尔特 |
[09:03] | Walt, can you get it started? Yeah, it’ll be fine. | 沃尔特 能启动它吗 马上就好 |
[09:10] | I wish I could help, dad, but I gotta get the kids home. | 我很想帮忙 爸 可我得送孩子们回家 |
[09:14] | – Kids are getting restless. – Yeah, fine. Just go. | -他们累了 -没事 走吧 |
[09:17] | I’ll call you, see how you’re doing. | 我会再打给你的 |
[09:19] | All right. | 好的 |
[09:25] | Kill you to buy American? Jesus. | 买美国车能死啊 上帝 |
[09:30] | Did you see the way he looked at the truck? | 瞧见他看这车的眼神了吗 |
[09:32] | It’s always rice-burner this, jap-burner that, you know? | 他总是对嘟囔日本货 知道吗 |
[09:35] | – Even at mom’s funeral, he can’t let it go. – He didn’t say anything. | -就算是妈妈的葬礼 他也不消停 -他什么都没说啊 |
[09:38] | – He didn’t need to. – What do you expect? | -不需要说 -你想怎么样 |
[09:40] | The man worked at Ford all those years. | 他在福特工作了那么多年 |
[09:42] | I suppose that’s my god damn fault. | 那他妈就是我的错了 |
[09:44] | Just give it a rest, just drive, okay? | 别想了 就开你的车吧 好吗 |
[09:46] | Kids, want the radio on? Anyone wanna listen to some music? good. | 孩子们 想听广播吗 有人想听音乐吗 |
[10:06] | Damn barbarians. | 该死的野蛮人 |
[11:48] | Jesus. Polarski would roll over in his grave if he could see his lawn now. | 天啊 要是普拉斯基看见他的草坪这样就该从地底下爬出来了 |
[11:54] | What the hell did Chinks have to move into this neighborhood for? | 中国佬到底为什么搬到这儿来 |
[12:25] | Are you gone completely deaf or something? | 你聋了吗 |
[12:31] | Hi there, Walt. | 你好 沃尔特 |
[12:33] | I’m not a friend of yours, so why do you insist on calling me Walt? | 我又不是你朋友 为什么还一直叫我沃尔特 |
[12:37] | Sorry. Mr. Kowalski. | 抱歉 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[12:39] | – What are you peddling today, padre? – Nothing. | -你晃什么呢 神父 -没什么 |
[12:42] | I thought I’d drop by and see you. | 我刚好路过来看看你 |
[12:45] | I haven’t seen you in church. | 好久没见你上教堂了 |
[12:46] | Now that you’ve done your good deed, why don’t you take off down the road? | 现在你看到我了 请回吧 |
[12:50] | – I’d really like to talk,Mr. Kowalski . – Not in this lifetime, Sonny. | -我很想和你谈谈 科瓦尔斯基先生 -这辈子都别想 孩子 |
[12:54] | Why? Do you have a problem with me, Mr. Kowalski? | 为什么 你对我有看法吗 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[12:56] | – You don’t wanna know. – No, I do. | -你不会想知道的 -不 我想知道 |
[12:59] | Well, I think you’re an over-educated 27-year-old virgin… | 你就是个27岁的书呆子处男 |
[13:03] | Who likes to hold hands of ladies who | 只喜欢到处握着那些迷信女子的手 |
[13:06] | Are superstitious and promises them eternity. | 宣扬你们那一套永恒的理论 |
[13:26] | Is you–? Is you a boy or is you a girl, man? I can’t tell. | 你是男的还是女的 伙计 我分不清 |
[13:30] | Hey, chinito, hey, if you was in the pen… | 小伙子 要是你进了监狱… |
[13:33] | …I’d be fucking you in the ass. You’d be my bitch. | 我就搞爆你的屁眼 你是我的乖 |
[13:35] | What are you reading, jackass and the rice stalk? | 你看什么呢 蠢驴吃稻穗吗 |
[13:38] | Yeah, that’s right, keep walking! Keep walking! | 没错 继续走啊 继续走啊 |
[13:41] | Look at me when I talk to you, homes! | 我跟你说话的时候看着我 哥们儿 |
[13:43] | Fucking slopes, man, everywhere you look, man. | 别他妈溜啊 伙计 睁眼看看 |
[13:46] | Slopes everywhere we go, man. Go back to your rice paddy. | 你往哪儿溜 回你那稻田去吧 |
[13:49] | What you looking at, man? | 你看什么呢 伙计 |
[13:58] | – That’s my little cousin over there. – You sure that’s your cousin, man? | -那是我小表弟 -你确定 |
[14:01] | – Fuck, yeah, that’s my little cousin. – He tight with anybody? | -操 那就是我表弟 -他入道了吗 |
[14:04] | No, he flies solo, man. You wanna do something? | 没 还一个人 要帮帮他吗 |
[14:07] | Man, let’s go down there and see what the fuck they doing over there. | 伙计 咱们去看看那群鸟人在干什么 |
[14:16] | I like your sandals too. | 我喜欢你的凉鞋 |
[14:19] | – Hey. yo, what’s up? what’s up? – Yo, what’s up, motherfuckers? | -怎么着 -什么事 狗娘养的 |
[14:23] | They fucking with you? man, fuck you, homeboy! | 他们惹你了吗 操 小屁孩 |
[14:26] | – What you got? – Hey, we can do this right now. | -想尝尝吗 -现在就试试啊 |
[14:29] | – You go fucking back to your country. – Fuck you, man. | -你他妈滚回老家去 -操你妈的 |
[14:32] | Oh, good, more fucking rice niggers. | 都是些亚洲贱民 |
[14:34] | Aren’t you supposed to cook me some Chinese food, huh? | 你不是要给我做些中国菜吗 |
[14:40] | – How many bullets you got? – We’ll catch you on the rebound, homey. | -看看你有多少子弹 -回头收拾你们 |
[14:50] | Thao! Come on, man. Get in the car, man. | 邵 上来 伙计 上车 |
[14:53] | Thao. | 邵 |
[14:55] | – Get with us, man. – Get in the car. | -跟我们一起走 伙计 -上车 |
[14:57] | Fuck, man, get in the car, man. Thao! | 操 你这家伙 快上车 邵 |
[14:59] | Those punk-ass Mexicans messing with you? | 那些混蛋墨西哥佬惹你了吗 |
[15:01] | Dog, we just bailed your ass out, dog. Come on, dog, get the fuck in here. | 小子 我们刚刚帮你搞定他们 快上车 |
[15:05] | What you doing, man? Get in the car, man, come on. | 你干吗呢 上车 小子 快 |
[15:08] | Chill with us, man. | 跟我们一起嗨去 小子 |
[15:11] | Come on, man. We just bailed your ass out, dog! | 来啊 伙计 我们刚罩着你呢 臭小子 |
[15:14] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[15:19] | Come on, Thao, man. You need a big coz to take care of you, man. | 来啊 邵 你需要哥哥保护你 |
[15:23] | Man, fuck it. | 操你妈的 |
[15:24] | Forget it, man. Let’s go, dude. Fuck his ass. | 算了 伙计 走吧 操他妈的 |
[15:27] | – Tomorrow, I’ll see your ass. – Why you gotta be a little girl? | -明天 我要揍扁你 -干吗像个小姑娘样的 |
[15:30] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[15:31] | Come on, man, let’s go. we got the gun, man. | 来吧 伙计 我们走吧 我们拿到枪了 |
[15:33] | Fuck you. Let’s get the fuck out of here. | 操 走吧 |
[15:35] | – We’ve got the strap. – Let’s get the fuck out of here. | -我们惹上麻烦了 -快离开这鬼地方 |
[15:38] | – Fuck that pussy. – Pussy. | -操他妈的娘娘腔 -娘儿们 |
[15:51] | Hey, Thao. | 邵 |
[15:57] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[16:00] | What’s up, Thao? | 怎么了 邵 |
[16:04] | What are you doing, little man? | 你在干什么 小子 |
[16:06] | – Why you doing women’s work? – What do you want? | -你为什么干女人活 -你要干什么 |
[16:11] | What? I can’t just come and talk to my little cousin? | 怎么 不能跟我的弟弟说话吗 |
[16:15] | – He doesn’t wanna talk to you. – Well, I’m here, right? | -他不想和你说话 -我都来了 不是吗 |
[16:19] | Hey, spider, who that? What’s up? | 蜘蛛 那是谁 怎么了 |
[16:21] | Spider? Is that what he just called you, Fong? | 蜘蛛 他就这么叫你吗 冯 |
[16:25] | Spider. | 蜘蛛 |
[16:27] | – Is there something wrong with spider? – What are you doing here? | -这么叫怎么了 -你在这干什么 |
[16:31] | Hey, so how old is you anyways? | 你多大了 |
[16:33] | – Mentally, I’m way too old for you. – What? | -心理上 我比你成熟多了 -什么 |
[16:37] | You guys are stupid. I’m going inside. | 你们这群蠢货 我进去了 |
[16:39] | – What? – Sue. | -什么 -苏 |
[16:42] | Help your little bro do this gardening. | 帮你弟弟打扫打扫花园啊 |
[16:45] | Bite it, stupid. | 你这笨蛋 |
[16:48] | Hey. You wanna roll with us, man? Come on. | 想加入我们吗 来吧 |
[16:51] | – Dude. – Come on, ride with us. Come on. | -伙计 -来吧 跟我们混 来吧 |
[16:53] | Come on, chill with us. | 来吧 加入我们 |
[16:55] | You need somebody to protect you. That’s what your big coz is for. | 你需要人保护 你哥哥就是这样加入的 |
[16:58] | Look, dog, I been there, done it, and I seen it, man. | 听着 小子 我也曾像你一样 经历过这些 |
[17:01] | Back in the day, everybody used to wanna beat me up. | 那时候 谁都能欺负我 |
[17:03] | But now, nobody wanna fuck with me. | 可现在 没人敢惹我 |
[17:05] | – Come on, man, let’s go. – We’re coz, right? | -好吗 伙计 我们走 -我们是兄弟 对吧 |
[17:08] | – Come on. – We’re coz, right? We’re family. | -来吧 -我们是兄弟 不是吗 我们是亲人 |
[17:12] | Look, a brother to spider is a brother to me. Come on. | 听着 蜘蛛的弟弟就是我弟弟 来吧 |
[17:16] | Dude, man, take this shit off. Come on. | 伙计 把这玩意扔了 来吧 |
[17:18] | Come on, roll with us. Come on. That’s woman’s work, man. | 来吧 加入我们 那是女人干得活 |
[17:21] | Don’t get your hands dirty, man. | 别把手弄脏了 伙计 |
[17:27] | So, what do I have to do? | 那么 我要做什么 |
[17:30] | Spider told me that our boy next door got a bad-ass whip. | 蜘蛛说隔壁的人有辆好家伙 |
[17:37] | Come on. | 去吧 |
[17:40] | Nice. | 不错 |
[17:41] | Yeah, my little cousin being a little man. | 我的弟弟要成人了 |
[17:53] | Yo, now, that’s a nice car. | 那车真不错 |
[17:55] | Hell, yeah. 1972 gran torino, fastback. | 没错 1972年的老爷车 经典流线型 |
[17:59] | Cobra jet engine. | 野马引擎 |
[18:01] | Yo, man, it’s still in mint condition. | 伙计 它还是全新的 |
[18:03] | Yo, man. it’s in mint condition, man. | 还是全新的 伙计 |
[18:10] | Oh, I’ve got one. | 我想到一个 |
[18:11] | There’s a Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. | 一个墨西哥人 一个犹太人和一个黑人进了一间酒吧 |
[18:15] | The bartender looks up and says, “get the fuck out of here.” | 酒保抬头看了看 说”给我滚出去” |
[18:20] | So here’s where my flock congregates when they’re not in church. | 我的信徒没有去教堂 都跑这来了 |
[18:24] | Hey, father J. | 好啊 J神父 |
[18:25] | Hi, Mel. hey there, Darrell. | 你好 梅尔 你好 达雷尔 |
[18:26] | – Hello, father. – Hi, Walt. | -你好 神父 -好啊 沃尔特 |
[18:30] | What brings you in here, father? The meat raffle? | 你怎么跑这来了 神父 参加冻肉抽奖吗 |
[18:34] | No, I just came down to talk to Walt, if that’s okay. | 不 我只是来和沃尔特谈谈 如果可以的话 |
[18:39] | Damn, padre, you are persistent, aren’t you? | 该死 神父 你还真顽固 不是吗 |
[18:43] | I promised your wife. | 我答应了你妻子了 |
[18:46] | All right. Let’s get a booth. | 好吧 那就谈谈吧 |
[18:52] | I’ll have a pabst and a shot of jack and whatever he’s having. | 给我来杯蓝带和杰克丹尼 他随便 |
[18:57] | – I’ll have a diet coke. – Bullshit, this is a bar. You have a drink. | -我要杯无糖可乐 -胡扯 这是酒吧 你得喝酒 |
[19:00] | – Um, I’ll have a gin and tonic. – Attaboy. | -我要一杯掺奎宁水的杜松子酒 -好样的 |
[19:06] | So… | 那么… |
[19:08] | …what do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[19:10] | I promised your wife I’d get you to go to confession. | 我答应你妻子让你去做忏悔 |
[19:13] | Now, why would you do that? | 为什么要这么做 |
[19:14] | She was very insistent. She made me. | 她坚持要我这么做的 |
[19:18] | You’re kind of fond of promising things you can’t deliver on. | 你很喜欢许些无法履行的诺言 |
[19:21] | Right, father? | 对吗 神父 |
[19:22] | – Let’s talk about something else. – What? | -我们谈点别的 -什么 |
[19:24] | Life and death. | 生与死 |
[19:27] | Life and death. What the hell do you know about life and death? | 生与死 你到底知道什么是生死吗 |
[19:32] | I’d like to think I know a lot. I’m a priest. | 我想自己应该很了解 我可是个神父 |
[19:36] | Yeah. You get up and preach about life and death… | 是吗 每天起床后 你就开始传道生与死… |
[19:38] | …But all you know is what you learned in priest school. | 可你知道的只是在神学院学的那点东西 |
[19:41] | Right out of the rookie preacher’s handbook. | 它可不是神父手册上写得那样 |
[19:45] | I don’t know about that. I think… | 我不知道那些 我想… |
[19:47] | Death is bittersweet. | 死亡既是不幸 又是万幸 |
[19:49] | Sort of bitter in its pain, but sweet in its salvation. | 痛苦是不幸的 救赎是万幸的 |
[19:53] | That’s what you know about life and death, and it’s pathetic. | 这就是你理解的生与死 真可悲 |
[19:57] | What do you know, Mr. Kowalski? | 你是怎么理解的 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[19:59] | I know a lot. I lived for almost three years in Korea with it. | 我知道很多 在韩国的三年 生死一直陪伴着我 |
[20:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:07] | We shot men… | 我们射杀平民… |
[20:08] | …Stabbed them with bayonets, hacked 17-year-olds to death with shovels. | 用刺刀刺穿他们 用铲子劈死17岁的孩子 |
[20:15] | Stuff I’ll remember till the day I die. | 一辈子都忘不了这些 |
[20:18] | Horrible things, but things I’ll live with. | 这些可怕的事 将陪伴我一生 |
[20:23] | And what about life? | 那么生呢 |
[20:30] | Well, I survived the war. | 我在战争中幸存 |
[20:37] | Got married, had a family. | 结了婚 成了家 |
[20:41] | Sounds like you know a lot more about death than you do living. | 听起来你更了解死亡 |
[20:51] | Maybe so, father. | 也许吧 神父 |
[20:53] | Maybe so. | 也许吧 |
[21:05] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[22:01] | Come on, get in the car! Thao, what the fuck? Get in! | 快上车 邵 你搞什么啊 |
[22:04] | – Get in, Thao. – Come on, let’s go. get in. | -快上车 邵 -开车 快上来 |
[22:06] | Fuck, man? Get in! | 我靠 快上车 |
[22:29] | – Hello? – Hey. morning, dad. | -喂 -早上好 爸爸 |
[22:31] | It’s your number one son, Mitch. | 我是你的大儿子 米奇 |
[22:33] | Morning? It’s after 1 in the afternoon, it’s not morning. | 早上 都下午1点多了 不是早上了 |
[22:37] | Oh, right. Afternoon, then. | 好吧 那下午好 |
[22:41] | So, what do you want? | 你要干吗 |
[22:44] | What? No. Nothing. I mean, what would I want? | 什么 没什么 我会要什么东西 |
[22:48] | Well, I don’t know. | 这个我不知道 |
[22:50] | Your wife’s already gone through all your mother’s jewelry. | 不过 你老婆已经翻遍了你妈妈全部的首饰 |
[22:54] | No, dad, I’m just calling to see how you’re doing. just…. | 不 爸爸 我打电话来是想问候你一下 |
[22:58] | Anything new with the old neighborhood? | 和老邻居有什么新进展吗 |
[23:01] | Yeah. No. | 好吧 没有 |
[23:03] | Great. Smooth sailing. | 好吧 祝你一切顺利 |
[23:05] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[23:06] | – Okay, good. good, then. oh, hey, dad. -yeah. | -很好 对了 老爸 -什么事 |
[23:11] | You wouldn’t happen to still know | 你不会碰巧还记得那个 |
[23:14] | That guy that has the Lions season tickets? | 有狮子队赛季票的人吧 |
[23:18] | Oh, you fuck. | 你个死小子 |
[23:21] | Dad. | 爸 |
[23:54] | Ain’t she sweet. | 车子是不是很漂亮 |
[24:13] | Come on, girl. | 进来 好姑娘 |
[24:30] | Yo, what’s up? What are you guys doing out here, man? | 怎么了 你们两个在干什么 |
[24:33] | – Nothing. – Minding our own business. | -没什么 -做自己的事情 |
[24:36] | Just hanging out. | 就出来散散心 |
[24:38] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们来干什么 |
[24:41] | – What? – I told you guys already | -什么 -我跟你说过 |
[24:43] | Can’t I just come hang out with my little cousin? | 我不能和自己的表弟出去逛逛吗 |
[24:51] | We have good news for you, man. | 有个好消息要告诉你 |
[24:52] | Oh, really? And what’s that? | 真的吗 什么消息 |
[24:55] | Only for guy talk. | 这是男人之间的谈话 |
[24:56] | – I don’t think so. – Why not? | -我可不这么认为 -为什么不是 |
[24:59] | Come on, man. We gonna give you another shot, man. | 来吧 我们再给你个机会 |
[25:01] | – Don’t go, Thao. – Mind your own business, girl. | -Thao 不要去 -管好自己吧 小妞 |
[25:04] | – Come on, let’s go. – Come. | -来吧 出发了 -来吧 |
[25:07] | – Yeah, what are you gonna do, huh? – Come on, dog. | -你想怎么样 -来吧 小子 |
[25:34] | Look. you’ve broken daddy’s gnome. | 你把爸爸的土地神打破了 |
[25:38] | What the hell is this? | 到底怎么回事 |
[25:42] | – Get up. – Get off my lawn. | -起来 -离开我的草坪 |
[25:48] | Listen, old man, you don’t wanna fuck with me. | 听着 老头子 你可别惹我 |
[25:51] | Did you hear me? I said, get off my lawn now. | 没听到我的话吗 马上离开我的草坪 |
[25:54] | Are you fucking crazy? go back in the house. | 你他妈疯了吗 快回屋里去吧 |
[25:56] | Yeah. I blow a hole in your face, and then I go in the house. | 可以 在你脸上打个洞 我就回屋里 |
[26:00] | And I sleep like a baby. You can count on that. | 相信我 我会睡得很香 |
[26:03] | We used to stack fucks like you five feet high in Korea | 我们过去在朝鲜就是把你们这些小矮子 |
[26:06] | Use you for sandbags. | 拿来做沙包 |
[26:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:15] | – But you better watch your back. – Fuck it, man, he’s crazy. | -但是你最好小心点 -他妈的 他疯了 |
[26:25] | We’ll get this cracker next time. | 我们下次再来 |
[26:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:34] | Get off my lawn. | 离开我的草坪 |
[27:10] | What the hell is this? | 到底怎么回事 |
[27:21] | Christ. | 天哪 |
[27:23] | No, no. no, no, no. come on, no more. no more. | 不 不 不 不要再拿来了 |
[27:27] | No more. what? | 不要再拿来了 怎么 |
[27:31] | Stay right there. Stay right there. | 站住 站住 |
[27:35] | Why can’t you just leave me alone? | 你们就不能让我清静会吗 |
[27:36] | We brought you some shallots to plant. | 我们带了些可以种的葱 |
[27:38] | – I don’t want them. -they’re perennials. | -我不要 -这是多年生植物 |
[27:40] | They come back every year. | 每年都会重新生长 |
[27:42] | Why are you bringing me all this garbage? | 为什么要给我这些垃圾 |
[27:44] | Because…. | 因为 |
[27:46] | Because you saved Thao. | 因为你救了邵 |
[27:47] | I didn’t save anybody. | 我谁都没救 |
[27:49] | I just, I kept a bunch of jabbering gooks off of my lawn, that’s all. | 我只是把一帮亚裔小子从草坪上赶出去 |
[27:53] | – You’re a hero to the neighborhood. – I’m not a hero. | -你是邻居们的英雄 -我不是英雄 |
[27:55] | They think you are. That’s why they keep bringing you gifts. | 他们认为是 所以才会不断给你送礼物 |
[27:58] | – Please, take them. – They’re wrong. | -请收下吧 -他们错了 |
[28:00] | Now, I just want to be left alone. thank you. | 我现在只想一个人清静点 谢谢 |
[28:03] | Wait. | 等等 |
[28:06] | This is my mom, Vu. | 这是我的妈妈 布 |
[28:07] | I’m Sue, and that’s my brother, Thao. | 我叫苏 这是我的弟弟邵 |
[28:09] | – We live next door. – so? | -我们住在你隔壁 -那又怎样 |
[28:12] | Thao wants to say something. | 邵想要跟你说点事 |
[28:17] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:19] | – Sorry for what? – For trying to steal your car. | -为什么 -为试图偷你的车道歉 |
[28:25] | Let me tell you something, boy. | 我告诉你 小子 |
[28:27] | You step on this property again, you’re done. | 你再敢踏入我的地盘 你就完了 |
[28:54] | Good afternoon, Walt. | 下午好 沃尔特 |
[28:57] | I told you I’m not going to confession. | 我跟你说过我不去忏悔 |
[28:59] | – Why didn’t you just call the police? – What? | -你为什么没有报警 -你说什么 |
[29:03] | I do work with some of the hmong gangs… | 我和一些苗族人工作 |
[29:05] | …and I heard there was trouble in the neighborhood. | 听说社区里出了事情 |
[29:08] | Why didn’t you call the police? | 你为什么没有报警 |
[29:11] | Well…. | 这个嘛 |
[29:14] | You know, I prayed that they would show up… | 我祈求他们能出现来着 |
[29:18] | …but nobody answered. | 但是没人理我 |
[29:21] | What were you thinking? | 你当时怎么想的 |
[29:22] | Someone could have been killed. We’re talking life and death here. | 可能会有人被杀 人命关天 |
[29:26] | When things go wrong, you gotta act quickly. | 出了状况 你必须反应迅速 |
[29:30] | When we were in Korea, | 我们在朝鲜的时候 |
[29:31] | And a thousand screaming gooks came across our line. | 成千上万呐喊的亚洲人冲向我们的战线 |
[29:34] | …we didn’t call the police, we reacted. | 我们没有报警 而是反抗 |
[29:36] | We’re not in Korea, Mr. Kowalski. | 这里不是朝鲜 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[29:40] | I’ve been thinking about our conversation on life and death. | 我一直在想我们关于生和死的谈话 |
[29:43] | About what you said. | 关于你说的话 |
[29:45] | About how you carry around all the horrible things you were forced to do.. | 关于你如何被迫承受这些可怕的事情 |
[29:49] | …horrible things that won’t leave you. | 你无法摆脱的可怕事情 |
[29:52] | It seems it would do you good to unload some of that burden. | 卸掉这些重负 可能对你有好处 |
[29:57] | Things done during war are terrible. | 战争时期的事情很可怕 |
[30:01] | Being ordered to kill. | 奉命去杀戮 |
[30:02] | Killing to save yourself, killing to save others. | 杀人以求自保 还有保护其他人 |
[30:05] | You’re right. those are things I know nothing about… | 你说得没错 我对那些事情一无所知 |
[30:10] | …but I do know about forgiveness… | 但是我懂得原谅 |
[30:13] | …and I’ve seen a lot of men who have confessed their sins… | 我还见过很多人忏悔自己的罪过 |
[30:16] | …admitted their guilt, and left their burdens behind them. | 承认自己的罪行 卸下身上的重负 |
[30:21] | Stronger men than you. | 都是比你坚强的人 |
[30:23] | Men at war who were ordered to do appalling things… | 曾在战争中奉命做些骇人听闻的事情 |
[30:26] | …and are now at peace. | 现在生活得很平静 |
[30:29] | Well, I gotta hand it to you, padre. | 神父 我真服了 |
[30:31] | You came here with your guns loaded this time. | 你这次是有备而来 |
[30:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:36] | And you’re right about one thing. | 有一件事情你说对了 |
[30:38] | About stronger men than me reaching their salvation. | 就是比我强悍的人度过苦海 |
[30:42] | Well, halle-fucking-lujah. | 去他妈的 哈利路亚 |
[30:45] | But you’re wrong about something else. | 但是其他的事情你说错了 |
[30:48] | What’s that, Mr. Kowalski? | 什么事情 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[30:51] | The thing that haunts a man the most is what he isn’t ordered to do. | 最困扰一个人的并不是奉命去做的事情 |
[31:01] | There. You finally look like a human being again. | 好了 终于又有人样了 |
[31:05] | You shouldn’t wait so long between haircuts, you cheap son of a bitch. | 你这么长时间不理发 真抠门 |
[31:08] | Yeah. well, I’m surprised you’re still around. | 没错 你还在这工作我也很意外 |
[31:11] | I was always hoping you’d die… | 我一直希望你已经死了 |
[31:13] | …and they’d get somebody who knew what they were doing. | 另外他们雇佣了知道怎么干活的人 |
[31:16] | Instead you just keep hanging around like the doo-wop dago you are. | 而不是你这样闲逛的外国佬 |
[31:19] | – That’ll be 10 bucks, Walt. – Ten bucks? Jesus Christ, Martin. | -总共10块 Walt -10块 天哪 马丁 |
[31:24] | What are you, half jew or something? You keep raising the prices. | 你是半个犹太人还是怎么的 老是涨价 |
[31:27] | It’s been 10 bucks for the last five years, | 过去五年都是收10块 |
[31:30] | You hard-nosed,Polack son of a bitch. | 你个顽固的波兰混蛋 |
[31:31] | – Yeah, well, keep the change. – See you in three weeks, prick. | -没错 不用找了 -三周后见 贱人 |
[31:36] | Not if I see you first, dipshit. | 除非我先见到你 混蛋 |
[31:41] | Since everything could go downhill after that. | 在那之后 一切都在走下坡路 |
[31:44] | – Yeah, that’s true. – That would suck. | -是啊 的确如此 -那太糟糕了 |
[31:48] | – That’s cool, you know? yeah. – Ain’t shit going on, man. | -那很酷的 知道吗 -没什么鸟事 |
[31:53] | Ain’t shit going on. | 没什么鸟事 |
[31:56] | Man, look at this. look at this, Monk. Check this out. | 快来看看 和尚 |
[31:58] | Oooh. boy. Oh, yeah. | 嘿 小子 |
[32:01] | Bring that little tight ass over here. Come here, girl. Don’t be shy. | 给我们带个小妞来啊 过来 别害羞 |
[32:05] | What, you can’t say hi? why you acting all stuck-up and shit? | 怎么不打招呼 很高傲嘛 |
[32:10] | – What you supposed to be, man? – Yo, it’s cool, dog. | -小子 你什么来头 -老兄 你很酷啊 |
[32:15] | What the fuck you doing in my neighborhood, boy? | 小子 你他妈在我的地盘干什么 |
[32:17] | Nothing. just going down to corner spot, you know? Get some cds. | 没什么 去街角那边买些唱片而已 |
[32:21] | It’s all good, bro. | 一切都好啊 兄弟 |
[32:23] | See, he called you bro, Duke. | 他叫你兄弟 杜克 |
[32:24] | – He called you bro, man. – It’s all good, bro. | -他叫你兄弟 -一切都好啊 兄弟 |
[32:27] | It’s all good, huh? shut the fuck up. | 一切都好是吗 你他妈给我闭嘴 |
[32:29] | Call me bro again, man, I’ll bite your motherfucking face off. | 再敢叫我兄弟 我就他妈的咬你那贱脸了 |
[32:32] | Yeah, motherfucker. | 没错 混蛋 |
[32:33] | Now, what the fuck y’all come down here for? | 你们他妈的过来干什么 |
[32:36] | You here to bring me this little present? Monk? She bringing it to us? | 你给我们送来这个礼物吗 和尚 她是给我们的吗 |
[32:39] | This little oriental yummy. | 好一个亚洲小妞 |
[32:41] | Don’t worry. I’m gonna take real good care of her. | 别担心 我会好好照顾她的 |
[32:44] | – Fuck out of here, man. – Fuck out of here, man. | -他妈的滚出去 -他妈的滚出去 |
[32:52] | – I told you we’re finished here. – Oh, yeah. | -我跟你说了我们各管各的 -没错 |
[32:55] | Keep your ass right here. | 好好得待在这里 |
[32:56] | Oh, great. Another asshole who has a fetish for asian girls? | 太好了 又一个有恋亚洲女孩怪癖的变态 |
[33:00] | God, that gets so old. | 天呐 太老土了吧 |
[33:03] | Oh, shit. What’s your name, girl? | 狗屁 你叫什么名字 小妞 |
[33:04] | My name? | 我的名字吗 |
[33:06] | Get your ass out of here, okay? | 他妈的滚出去 听到没 |
[33:08] | It’s “Take your crude come on to every woman who walks past and cram it.” | 我叫 对每个经过的女人围堵动粗 |
[33:12] | That’s my name. | 这就是我的名字 |
[33:14] | Mouthy little bitch. | 满嘴脏话的小贱人 |
[33:16] | – Who you think you talking to? – Who does it look like? | -你以为在跟谁说话 -看谁像咯 |
[33:20] | – You think you real funny, don’t you? – Oh, shit. Ain’t she tough? | -我以为自己很幽默吗 -妈的 她很难对付 |
[33:23] | What? You gonna hit me now? | 怎么 你想打我 |
[33:26] | That would pretty much complete the picture. | 这下都齐了 |
[33:27] | You need to keep your bitch on a leash. | 你应该拴好你的贱人 |
[33:29] | Put a chain on that whore and yank that motherfucker. | 套上链子 然后猛拽那混蛋 |
[33:32] | Of course. Right to the stereotype thesaurus. | 当然 不过是陈腔滥调了 |
[33:35] | Call me a whore and a bitch in the same sentence. | 不仅叫我妓女 还叫我贱人 |
[33:37] | – This bitch is crazy. – I like them like that. | -这婊子疯了 -我就喜欢这样的 |
[33:39] | Man, take this bitch. | 那归你啦 |
[33:41] | Hey. Get off me. | 放开我 |
[33:47] | – You don’t know when to quit, do you? – I’m gonna teach her a lesson. | -你还来劲了 是吧 -让我来教训她 |
[33:50] | Stop. Let go. | 别碰我 放手 |
[33:55] | Get your ass over there. | 先滚一边去 |
[34:02] | What the fuck you looking at, old man? | 老头 你他妈看什么看 |
[34:05] | – What the hell are you spooks up to? – Spooks? | -你们这群黑鬼在干什么 -黑鬼 |
[34:09] | You better get your ass on, honky, while I still let you. | 趁我没发火赶紧滚 白鬼 |
[34:12] | – That’s what you better do. – That’s right, bitch. | -赶紧滚吧 -没错 贱人 |
[34:15] | Fuck you think you at? | 你他妈想干嘛 |
[34:27] | Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while… | 有没有偶尔遇到某些人 |
[34:30] | …that you shouldn’t have fucked with? | 那些你不该招惹的人 |
[34:36] | That’s me. | 比如我 |
[34:39] | Man, you fucking crazy, man. Get out of here, man. | 你他妈有病啊 快滚吧 |
[34:41] | Why don’t you get your ass up out of here before I kick your old, | 在我踢散你这把老骨头之前 赶紧滚 |
[34:44] | Wrinkly White ass? | 白鬼老头 |
[34:47] | Crazy motherfucker, man. what’s wrong with him, man? | 真他妈有病 这老头怎么了 |
[34:52] | What the fuck? | 啥他妈玩意儿 |
[34:55] | – This motherfucker crazy, man. – What’s wrong with this nigga, man? | -这个疯老头 -这个老头怎么啦 |
[34:58] | What the hell? | 究竟怎么回事 |
[35:01] | Get in the truck. | 上车 |
[35:04] | This crazy motherfucker, man. What’s wrong with him, man? | 这个疯老头 是怎么回事 |
[35:07] | He put his finger at us. | 他竟然拿手指指着我们 |
[35:09] | – Oh, shit. – come on, now. hey, pops. come on, now. | -我靠 -真枪 你别动真格 |
[35:12] | Shut your fucking face. | 你他妈给我闭嘴 |
[35:16] | You fucking don’t listen, do you? | 你们他妈的就是不听 是吧 |
[35:19] | Now, get in the truck. | 赶紧上车 |
[35:21] | – Go on, get in the truck now. shit. – Way to go, old man. | -我靠 到卡车里去吧 -你赢了 老头 |
[35:25] | Shut up, pussy. | 闭嘴 小贱人 |
[35:27] | What is all this “bro” shit, anyway? | 什么狗屁兄弟 |
[35:31] | Want to be super spade or something? | 你想当老大还是怎么 |
[35:33] | These guys don’t want to be your bro. And I don’t blame them. | 这些人不想做你兄弟 我也不会怪他们 |
[35:35] | Now, get your ofay, paddy ass on down the road. | 赶紧滚吧 |
[35:44] | Take care, now. | 小心点 |
[35:49] | Yeah, you too. | 你也是 |
[35:55] | Oh, yeah. | 好啊 |
[36:06] | Fuck, man, why y’all didn’t fucking do nothing? | 我靠 你们怎么都不动 |
[36:09] | – Man, kick that nigga’s ass. – Man, you fucking.. | -老兄 揍那老头 -老兄 你他妈的 |
[36:11] | Shit, man. | 少放屁 |
[36:13] | This fucker. He had that cannon in your fucking face. | 那混蛋拿枪指着你的脸 |
[36:15] | – You didn’t do nothing. – Trying to stay out. | -你都没反应 -装作若无其事 |
[36:18] | What’s the matter with you, for chris sake? | 天哪 你怎么回事 |
[36:21] | Trying to get yourself killed? | 想找死吗 |
[36:24] | I thought you asian girls were supposed to be smart. | 我以为亚洲女孩都是很聪明的 |
[36:27] | Hanging around a neighborhood like | 像那样在社区里闲逛 |
[36:28] | That’s a fast way to get you in the obituaries. | 倒是能很快让你死掉 |
[36:31] | I know. I know. Take it easy. | 我知道 别紧张 |
[36:33] | And what about that goofball guy you were with? | 那个跟你一起有病的家伙呢 |
[36:36] | Is that a date or something? | 算是约会还是怎么 |
[36:39] | Yeah. kind of. His name is Trey. | 差不多 他叫特利 |
[36:42] | Well, you shouldn’t be hanging out with him. | 你不该跟他出来逛 |
[36:44] | You should be hanging out with your own people, with other humongs. | 你应该和你们自己人出来 毛族 |
[36:47] | You mean hmong? we’re hmong, not “humong.” | 你是指苗族吗 我们是苗族 不是毛族 |
[36:51] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[36:54] | Where the hell is humong, I mean hmong, anyway? | 毛族在哪 我是说苗族 |
[36:59] | You’re so enlightened, you know that? No, hmong isn’t a place. | 你太有才了 知道吗 苗族不是一个地方 |
[37:04] | It’s a people. | 是一个种族 |
[37:05] | Hmong people come from different parts of Laos, Thailand, and China. | 苗族人来自老挝 泰国和中国等不同地方 |
[37:08] | Yeah. Well, how did you end up in my neighborhood, then? | 好吧 那你们为什么成了我的邻居 |
[37:12] | Why didn’t you stay there? | 你们怎么不待在老家 |
[37:14] | It’s a Vietnam thing. We fought on your side. | 因为越南战争 我们跟你们打仗 |
[37:17] | And when the Americans quit, the communists started killing all the hmong. | 当美国人撤退的时候 共产党人开始杀害苗族人 |
[37:21] | So we came over here. | 所以我们就逃过来了 |
[37:23] | Yeah. Well, I don’t know how you ended up in the midwest. | 我不知道你们在中西部地区会怎样 |
[37:27] | There’s snow on the ground six months out of the year. | 一年之中有六个月都在下雪 |
[37:30] | Why does a jungle people want to be in the great frozen tundra? | 为什么丛林人想住在大片的冻土地带 |
[37:34] | Hill people. we were hill people. not jungle people. Booga-booga-booga. | 我们是山里人 不是丛林人 |
[37:39] | Yeah. Whatever. | 好吧 随便吧 |
[37:42] | Blame the Lutherans. They brought us over here. | 要怪就怪路德教 他们把我们带来的 |
[37:44] | Everybody blames the Lutherans. | 大家都指责路德教 |
[37:48] | Well, you’d think the cold would keep all the idiots out. | 你可能会想傻瓜都怕冷 |
[37:54] | Thanks for the ride. | 谢谢载我一程 |
[37:57] | You know something, kid? You’re all right. | 你知道吗 孩子 你倒是没什么 |
[38:00] | But what about that dimwit brother of yours? | 但是你的傻瓜弟弟怎么样 |
[38:02] | He a little slow or something? | 他是弱智还是怎么 |
[38:04] | Thao is actually really smart. | 邵其实很聪明的 |
[38:06] | He just doesn’t know which direction to go in. | 只是他不知道要往哪走 |
[38:10] | – Yeah. Poor toad. – It’s really common. | -可怜的家伙 -其实这很正常 |
[38:14] | Hmong girls over here fit in better. | 这里的苗族女孩都会过得好点 |
[38:16] | The girls go to college, and the boys go to jail. | 女孩们去上大学 男孩们去蹲监狱 |
[38:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:33] | That old hag hates my ass. | 那个老太婆讨厌我 |
[38:45] | “Your birthday today.” Daisy. | 今天是你的生日 戴西 |
[38:49] | “This year, you have to make a choice between two life paths. | 今年 你必须在两条不同的人生路上作出选择 |
[38:54] | Second chances come your way. | 你会重获新生 |
[38:56] | Extraordinary events culminate in what might seem to be an anticlimax. | 有特别的大事发生 不过有点虎头蛇尾 |
[39:01] | Your lucky numbers are 84, 23… | 你的幸运数字是84 23 |
[39:05] | … 11 , 78, and 99.” | 11 78和99 |
[39:10] | What a load of shit. | 都是一堆废话 |
[39:15] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[39:31] | What the hell is it with kids nowadays? | 现在的孩子都是怎么回事 |
[39:36] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:37] | Hey, Mrs. V. Here, let me help you with those. | V夫人 你好 我来帮你吧 |
[39:40] | – Oh, thank you. I just… – I got it. | -谢谢 -让我来吧 |
[39:45] | How about that? | 那个怎样 |
[39:48] | – Here you go. – How about that, Daisy? | -给你 -戴西 那个怎样 |
[39:58] | Yeah, I got it. | 好的 我拿好了 |
[40:01] | That was too heavy for the bag. | 东西太重 袋子装不住 |
[40:03] | – No problem. – Thank you. | -没问题 -谢谢 |
[40:14] | – Go ahead, Karen, give it to him. – Here you go. | -凯伦 把东西给他吧 -给你 |
[40:19] | – Well, what is it? – It’s a gopher. | -这是什么东西 -取物夹 |
[40:23] | So you can reach stuff. You know, it makes things a lot easier. | 你可以用来拿东西 会比较方便 |
[40:27] | This is from me. | 这是我送给你的 |
[40:30] | It’s a phone. | 是一部电话 |
[40:33] | – Oh, I can see that. – I just thought… | -我知道 -我想 |
[40:37] | Well, we thought that it would make things easier. | 我们想这些会让你的生活方便点儿 |
[40:39] | Well, thank you, Karen. | 谢谢你 凯伦 |
[40:41] | There’s nothing wrong with making things less hard on yourself. | 给自己减轻负担 并没什么错 |
[40:44] | Karen’s right, dad. You’ve worked hard your whole life. | 爸爸 凯伦说得对 你这辈子都在努力工作 |
[40:47] | Maybe it’s time you started thinking about, you know, taking it easier. | 或许你应该开始考虑 活得轻松一点 |
[40:52] | Jeez. That’s another thing, dad. | 老天 还有一件事 爸爸 |
[40:53] | You really should get rid of the coffin nails. | 你真该戒烟了 |
[40:57] | But, I don’t know, we were thinking about the house. | 但 不知道 我们在想有关房子的事 |
[41:00] | You know, what with mom gone, it’s gotta be a lot to maintain around here. | 因为妈妈去世 这儿有很多东西要修理 |
[41:03] | Let alone clean. | 更不用说清洁了 |
[41:05] | And, I don’t know, you’re here all alone. | 不知道 你一个人独居在此 |
[41:08] | Yeah, and there are these great places now, you know, these communities… | 对 现在有些很棒的地方 在那些社区 |
[41:12] | …where you don’t have to worry about mowing the lawn or shoveling snow.. | 你无需担心割草坪或是铲雪 |
[41:16] | …where the people are like you, active and alert, but are alone… | 那儿的人像你一样 机灵活泼 但都独自一人… |
[41:20] | …and would benefit from being around folks their own age. | 跟年纪相仿的人相伴将会受益匪浅 |
[41:24] | Yeah, dad, look. you gotta check it out. we’ve brought some brochures. | 对的 老爸 你看一下吧 我们带了些宣传册 |
[41:28] | These places are nothing like what you’d think they’d be. | 这些地方跟你想象的相差甚远 |
[41:31] | – They’re great. – No, no, beautiful. | -那些地方很棒 -不 不 很漂亮 |
[41:33] | They’re really nice. they really are. these are top-notch, like, resorts. | 那些地方真的很漂亮 顶尖社区 就像度假胜地 |
[41:38] | – It’s like staying in a hotel practically. – They’re beautiful. | -简直就像住在酒店一样 -很漂亮 |
[41:41] | – They really are. – Yeah. | -真的很漂亮 -对 |
[41:43] | They take care of everything. they’ll clean up. they’re really nice. | 他们包办一切事 他们会打扫 真的很好 |
[41:47] | They have wonderful stores. you can buy new shoes. | 他们有很好的商店 你可以买新鞋 |
[41:49] | – They’re amazing. they really are. – You’d have a good time. | -真的棒极了 -你会过得很愉快 |
[41:52] | – Play some golf, maybe. – Meet other people. | -打打高尔夫 也许 -认识点朋友 |
[41:58] | Son of a bitch. kicking us out on his birthday. | 狗娘养的 为他庆生却被赶出来 |
[42:00] | – I told you this was a bad idea. – I know. you were right. | -我告诉过你这是个馊主意 -我知道 你说的对 |
[42:03] | – He won’t let anybody help him. – Well, we tried. can we just drop it? | -他不会让任何人帮他的 -我们已经试过了 我们放弃吧 |
[42:07] | No one can say we didn’t try. | 没人可以说我们没试过 |
[42:09] | The hell with him. you know what we should’ve done? | 让他见鬼去吧 你知道我们该干什么吗 |
[42:11] | We should’ve stayed home with Josh and Ashley. | 我们该跟乔什和阿什利待在家里 |
[42:13] | At least they were smart enough to not come. | 至少他们不来是明智之举 |
[42:16] | Goddamn kids have more sense than we do. | 孩子们比我们有先见之明 |
[42:19] | We miss mama, don’t we, Daisy? Yeah. | 戴西 我们想念妈妈了 不是吗 嗯 |
[42:42] | Hey, Walt. | 沃尔特 |
[42:43] | What are you up to? | 在干吗呢 |
[42:47] | We’re having a barbecue. you wanna come over? | 我们在烧烤 你要来吗 |
[42:49] | – What do you think? – There’s tons of food. | -你认为呢 -有很多吃的 |
[42:53] | Yeah. just keep your hands off my dog. | 嗯 别打我狗的主意 |
[42:56] | – No worries. we only eat cats. – Really? | -别担心 我们只吃猫肉 -真的吗 |
[43:00] | No, I’m kidding, you Moron. come on, you can be my special guest. | 不 我开玩笑的 你个傻子 来吧 你是我的特殊嘉宾 |
[43:04] | No, I’m fine right here. | 不去了 我在这儿很好 |
[43:11] | – Son of a bitch. – Okay, so, what have you had to eat today? | -狗娘养的 -好吧 那你今天吃了什么 |
[43:17] | Oh, I had a piece of cake and a little beef jerky. | 我吃了一块蛋糕还吃了一点儿牛肉干 |
[43:22] | Come on over and get something to eat. we’ve got beer too. | 来吧 过去吃点东西 我们也有啤酒 |
[43:27] | Well, I might as well drink with strangers rather than drink alone. | 一个人喝酒还不如跟陌生人喝酒 |
[43:34] | After all, it is my birthday. | 毕竟 今天是我的生日 |
[43:36] | – Really? Happy birthday, Wally. – Don’t call me Wally. | -真的吗 生日快乐 沃利 -别叫我沃利 |
[43:48] | Well, no pabst, but plenty of beer. | 没有蓝带 但啤酒不少 |
[43:51] | – As they say, when in Humong. – Ha, ha. hey, what am I doing wrong? | -常言道 身处苗裔族群 -我做错什么了吗 |
[43:56] | Every time I look at somebody, they look at the ground. | 每次我看着他们 他们就低头看地上 |
[43:59] | You’re fine. | 你很好 |
[44:06] | – What’s she saying? – She said welcome to her home. | -她说什么 -她说欢迎你来寒舍 |
[44:09] | – Oh, no, she’s not. – Yeah, no, she didn’t. | -不 她不是这个意思 -对 她不是这么说的 |
[44:12] | – She hates me. come on. – Yeah, she hates you. | -她讨厌你 来吧 -嗯 她讨厌你 |
[44:24] | Hey, what are all you fish heads looking at anyway? | 你们这些小鱼头都看着我干吗 |
[44:28] | I think we should go into the other room. sorry. | 咱们还是去别的房间吧 对不起 |
[44:37] | A lot of people in this house are very traditional. | 这个房子里的很多人都非常传统 |
[44:39] | Number one, never touch a hmong person on their head, not even a child. | 第一 永远不要摸苗人的头 孩子也不行 |
[44:43] | Hmong people believe that the soul resides on the head, so don’t do that. | 苗人认为灵魂寄居在他们头上 所以别碰头 |
[44:48] | Well, sounds dumb, but fine. | 听起来很傻 但还过得去 |
[44:50] | And a lot of hmong people consider | 还有很多苗人认为 |
[44:52] | Looking someone in the eye to be very rude. | 用眼睛盯着别人很不礼貌 |
[44:55] | That’s why they look away when you look at them. | 所以你看着他们的时候 他们会看别的地方 |
[44:58] | – Anything else? – Yeah. | -还有吗 -还有 |
[44:59] | Some Hmong people tend to smile or grin when they’re yelled at. | 当他们大吼的时候 一些苗人往往会微笑或咧嘴笑 |
[45:04] | It’s a cultural thing. it expresses embarrassment or insecurity. | 那是一种文化 表达难堪或是不安 |
[45:09] | It’s not that they’re laughing at you or anything. | 他们不是在嘲笑你或是别的什么 |
[45:11] | Yeah. god, you people are nuts. | 天呐 你们真是疯子 |
[45:16] | But the food does look good. smells good too. | 但食物真是好看又香喷喷啊 |
[45:20] | Well, of course. it’s hmong food. | 当然 是苗族食物 |
[45:23] | Yeah. okay. can I come back for seconds? | 嗯 待会在回来再吃 |
[45:36] | – Here you go. – Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[45:37] | You know, you mentioned about looking at people. | 你说过看着他人是不礼貌的行为 |
[45:40] | – He’s been staring at me the whole evening. – That’s Kor Khue. | -他已经盯了我一晚上了 -那位是韩奎 |
[45:43] | He’s the Lor family Shaman. | 他是家族巫师 |
[45:45] | And what’s that, some sort of a witch doctor or something? | 那是什么 像是巫师或是诸如此类的吗 |
[45:48] | – Something like that. – Yeah. booga-booga. | -类似 -对啊 |
[45:50] | Ha, ha. very funny, Wally. | 很风趣嘛 沃利 |
[46:08] | Kor Khue’s interested in you. he heard what you did. | 韩奎对你很感兴趣 他听过你的事迹 |
[46:11] | He would like to read you. it’d be rude not to allow him this. | 他要替你算命 不答应他是不礼貌的行为 |
[46:16] | – Yeah, sure, fine by me. sure. – All right. take a seat. | -当然可以 我无所谓 -好的 坐吧 |
[46:22] | Here? | 坐这儿吗 |
[46:38] | He says that people do not respect you. they don’t even wanna look at you. | 他说人们不敬重你 连看都不想看你 |
[46:48] | He says the way you live, your food has no flavor. | 他说你生存的方式 你的食物都毫无味道 |
[46:51] | You’re worried about your life. | 你为生活担忧 |
[47:01] | You made a mistake in your past life, like a mistake that you did… | 在你过去的人生中 你犯了个错误 像是一个你做过… |
[47:05] | …you’re not satisfied with. | 但你对此并不满意的错误 |
[47:12] | He says you have no happiness in your life. it’s like you’re not at peace. | 他说在你的人生中你没有幸福 你的心态并不平和 |
[47:43] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[47:46] | Yeah, I’m…. yeah, I’m fine. | 没事 我…我没事 |
[47:50] | Fine. I’m fine. | 没事 我很好 |
[48:13] | God, I’ve got more in common with these gooks… | 天呐 跟我自己的腐败家族比 |
[48:16] | …than I do my own spoilt rotten family. | 我跟这些东亚人越来越像了 |
[48:19] | Jesus christ. | 我的天呐 |
[48:24] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[48:28] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. yeah, I’m fine. | -你还好吧 -嗯…我很好 |
[48:32] | You were bleeding. | 你流血了 |
[48:34] | No, I bit my tongue. it’s nothing. | 没有 咬到舌头罢了 没事 |
[48:38] | Why don’t we go and get some of that good gook food? | 干吗不去吃点东亚美食 |
[48:41] | – You know, I’m starving. – Okay. | -我饿死了 -好的 |
[48:49] | Fantastic. well, you ladies are wonderful. | 棒极了 你们人太好了 |
[48:53] | This stuff is really good. | 这些东西真好吃 |
[49:03] | Come on, you glutton. | 走吧 馋鬼 |
[49:05] | – What’s up? – Let’s go. | -怎么了 -走吧 |
[49:08] | – What for? – To Mingle. | -去干吗 -去鬼混 |
[49:10] | Mingle? we’re mingling right here. | 鬼混 我们正在这儿混呢 |
[49:13] | Come on. you told me not to leave you alone. | 跟我走吧 你说过让我别丢下你的 |
[49:19] | Thank you very much, but I have to go now. I have to go now. | 非常感谢 但我现在得走了… |
[49:24] | I’ll be back. now, don’t let anything go away. | 我会回来的 别把东西清理掉啊 |
[49:37] | Oh, great. | 很好 |
[49:38] | Well, well, well. look who’s over there. | 看看谁在这儿 |
[49:41] | – Yeah, the kid who stole my Gran Torino. – My brother, Thao. | -对 偷我老爷车的小家伙 -我哥哥 邵 |
[49:45] | Tried to, anyway. yeah. yeah, Toad. | 尽管试试吧 对…癞蛤蟆 |
[50:19] | It was a little wobbly, but that should fix it. | 有点晃 但应该能修好 |
[50:33] | So where are you guys from? | 你们都打哪儿来的 |
[50:35] | – I’m not far from here. – I’m from Texas. | -我离这儿不远 -我从德克萨斯州来的 |
[50:53] | – What’s this? – A little rice liquor. here, try it. | -这是什么 -一小杯米酒 给 尝尝 |
[50:57] | All right. | 好的 |
[51:22] | My friends and I were just wondering what you’re doing here. | 我跟我朋友想知道你来这儿干吗 |
[51:25] | Well, that’s a good question. what am I doing here? | 问的好 我在这儿干吗 |
[51:29] | – Name’s Walt. – Hi, Walt. I’m Youa. | -我叫沃尔特 -你好沃尔特 我叫攸亚 |
[51:32] | – Yuam. a pleasure. – No. Youa. | -瑶亚 很高兴认识你 -不 叫攸亚 |
[51:36] | Youa, okay. | 攸亚 好的 |
[51:38] | So, what do you do? | 你做什么的 |
[51:42] | – Oh, I fix things, stuff like that. – Like what? | -修东西的 像那些东西 -像什么东西 |
[51:45] | Well, I just fixed that dryer there, I fixed my wife’s friend’s sink… | 我刚把这儿的烘干机修好 修理我老婆朋友的水槽 |
[51:51] | And I took old aunt Mary to the doctor’s to get her prescription fixed up. | 还有带老阿姨马莉去看医生帮她抓药 |
[51:56] | And then I even fixed a door that hadn’t even broken yet. | 还有我甚至修理根本还没坏的门 |
[52:00] | You’re funny. | 你真风趣 |
[52:02] | I’ve been called a lot of things, but never funny. | 第一次有人说我风趣 |
[52:05] | – Well, I’m gonna take off. enjoy yourself. – Okay. Yum Yum. pleasure. | -我要走了 你自便 -好的 瑶亚 很高兴认识你 |
[52:14] | Look, she’s going, man. come on. | 她要走了 伙计 快走 |
[52:19] | Youa, wait up. | 攸亚 等等 |
[52:21] | Relax, zipperhead. I’m not gonna shoot you. | 别紧张 东方人 我不会开枪打你的 |
[52:26] | I’d look down too, if I was you. | 如果我是你 我也会低头不语 |
[52:29] | I knew you were a dipshit the first time I ever saw you… | 从我第一眼看到你 就知道你是个笨蛋 |
[52:32] | …but I never thought you were worse with women… | …但我从未想过你追女孩子比 |
[52:35] | …than you are at stealing cars, Toad. | 你偷车更差劲 曹 |
[52:39] | – It’s Thao. – What? | -是邵 -什么 |
[52:42] | It’s not Toad, it’s Thao. my name is Thao. | 不是曹 是邵 我的名字叫邵 |
[52:45] | Yeah, well, you’re blowing it with that girl who was there. | 你跟坐在那儿的女孩抛媚眼 |
[52:48] | Not that I give two shits about a Toad like you. | 真是癞蛤蟆想吃天鹅肉 |
[52:51] | – You don’t know what you’re talking about. – You’re wrong. | -你不知道自己在讲什么 -你错了 |
[52:54] | I know exactly what I’m talking about. | 我很清楚知道自己在讲什么 |
[52:56] | I may not be the most pleasant person to be around… | 也许我不是这儿最友善的人… |
[52:59] | …but I got the best woman that was ever on this planet to marry me. | 但我娶了地球上最棒的女人为妻 |
[53:02] | I worked at it. it was the best thing that ever happened to me. | 我努力追求得来的 那是发生在我身上最棒的事 |
[53:05] | But you, you know, you’re letting click clack, ding dong, | 但你 你却让机会白白流失 |
[53:08] | And Charlie Chan… | 一点也不爷们 |
[53:09] | …just walk out with miss what’s-her-face. | 就做这儿回忆人家脸蛋儿 |
[53:12] | She likes you, you know? though I don’t know why. | 她喜欢你 你知道吗 尽管我不知道为什么 |
[53:16] | Who? | 谁 |
[53:18] | Yum Yum. you know, the girl in the purple sweater. | 瑶亚啊 那个穿紫色毛衣的女孩 |
[53:23] | She’s been looking at you all day, stupid. | 你整天都在看着你 笨蛋 |
[53:27] | You mean Youa. | 你是说攸亚 |
[53:29] | Yeah, Yum Yum, yeah. nice girl. nice girl. a very charming girl. | 对 瑶亚…一个非常美丽动人的女孩 |
[53:32] | I talked with her. yeah. | 我跟她说过话 |
[53:35] | But you, you let her just walk right out with the three stooges. | 但你呢 你就让她跟着那三个小丑走了 |
[53:38] | And you know why? because you’re a big, fat pussy. | 你知道为什么吗 因为你是个超级愚蠢的娘儿们 |
[53:46] | …I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[53:48] | Good day, puss-cake. | 再见 娘娘腔 |
[54:04] | No. no more. | 别 别再拿东西来了 |
[54:09] | Well, okay, put them over there. | 好吧 放那儿吧 |
[54:19] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[54:26] | No, no. no, no more. no more. come on. no more, now. | 别别…拜托 别再拿东西来了 |
[54:32] | No more, please. I– | 拜托别再拿东西来了 我 |
[54:35] | Is this that chicken-dumpling thing you brought the other–? | 你带来的这些是鸡肉饺吗 |
[54:38] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[54:42] | Come on, ladies. | 进来吧 女士们 |
[54:45] | Certainly better than beef jerky, I’ll tell you. | 肯定比吃牛肉干好多了 |
[55:02] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[55:06] | Thao is here to make amends. he’s here to work for you. | 邵是来道歉的 他是来为你打工的 |
[55:10] | No, he isn’t. he’s not gonna work for me. | 不 他不是 他不用替我打工 |
[55:13] | My mom said he dishonored the family and now he has to work off his debt. | 我妈妈说他为家族蒙羞 现在得将功赎罪 |
[55:17] | – He’ll start tomorrow morning. – Not tomorrow, not any time. | -他会从明早开始工作 -不用明天 都不用 |
[55:19] | I don’t even want him on my property. I thought we went over all that. | 我都不想让他碰我的东西 我以为事都完了 |
[55:25] | It’s very important that you accept, | 你能答应对我们来说很重要 |
[55:27] | And it would be an insult if you refuse. | 如果你拒绝的话 那将是种侮辱 |
[55:29] | Why is this being put back on me? | 干吗把罪名安到我身上 |
[55:31] | He’s the one who tried to steal my car. | 他是那个想偷我车的人 |
[55:33] | All of a sudden, I’m the bad guy in this. | 突然我却成了罪人 |
[55:35] | Look, my family is very traditional… | 听着 我的家族非常的传统… |
[55:38] | …and would be very much upset if you don’t let Thao repay. | 如果你不让邵补偿的话 我们会非常沮丧的 |
[55:41] | If he doesn’t wanna do it, then let’s just go. | 如果他不肯的话 那就算了 |
[55:44] | Shut up, shut up, shut up! | 闭嘴… |
[55:48] | Yeah. shut up. | 对 闭嘴 |
[55:51] | All right. tomorrow, come on. | 好吧 明天来吧 |
[55:54] | Tomorrow. thank you. thank you, thank you, thank you. | 明天 谢谢 谢谢… |
[55:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[56:01] | Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, these Hmong broads are like badgers. | 天呐 约瑟 马莉 这些苗族女人真难缠 |
[56:10] | Son of a bitch, I never thought he’d show. | 狗娘养的 我真没想着他会来 |
[56:20] | All right. what are you good at? | 好吧 你擅长什么 |
[56:23] | Like what? | 比如 |
[56:26] | Well, that’s what I’m asking. | 我就是问你这个呢 |
[56:28] | If you’re gonna work for me, I gotta know what you’re good at. | 如果你要替我工作的话 我要知道你擅长什么 |
[56:31] | I gotta know what you can do. | 我要知道你会做什么 |
[56:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[56:36] | Well, that’s kind of halfway what I expected you to say. | 我料到你会这么说 |
[56:40] | You see that tree right there? | 你看到那边的树了吗 |
[56:41] | You just go over there and count the birds. | 你就去那儿数鸟吧 |
[56:45] | You want me to count the birds? | 你要我去数鸟 |
[56:47] | Yeah, you can count. | 对 你会数数吧 |
[56:48] | All you slopes are supposed to be good at math, right? | 你们亚洲人应该都很擅长数学 对吧 |
[56:52] | – Yeah, I can count. – Good. | -对 我会数数 -很好 |
[57:02] | 1 2… One, two…. | |
[57:09] | So, what do you have for me today? you want me to watch paint dry? | 今天你要我干吗 要我看着油漆干吗 |
[57:13] | Maybe even count the clouds that pass by? | 或者是数飘过的云朵 |
[57:16] | Don’t get flip with me, boy. | 别对我无礼 小伙子 |
[57:18] | I’m not the one who tried to steal. don’t you forget that. | 别忘了 我不是那个要偷车的人 |
[57:23] | Go ahead. I don’t care if you insult me or say racist things. | 继续吧 我不在乎你是否侮辱我或是说些种族歧视的话 |
[57:27] | Because you know what? I’ll take it. | 因为你知道吗 我照单全收 |
[57:30] | Yeah, course you’ll take it, | 你当然会照单全收 |
[57:31] | because you have no teeth, you have no balls, | 因为你是个毛还没长齐的小屁孩 |
[57:33] | Kid. | 孩子 |
[57:36] | Look, I’m stuck here… | 我在这儿无所事事… |
[57:39] | …so why don’t you just find something useful for me to do? | 你何不找些有用的事来让我做 |
[57:42] | Because unlike you, I’m not useless, | 因为我跟你不同 我是个有用的人 |
[57:45] | and I maintain my own property. | 修理我自己的东西 |
[57:48] | You swamp rats, on the other hand, | 你个游手好闲的家伙 另外 |
[57:50] | you just can’t help but…. | 你根本帮不上忙 但是 |
[57:53] | How long do I have you for? | 你还要替我打工到什么时候 |
[57:58] | – Toad? how long? – Till next Friday. | -曹 还有多久 -直到下个星期5 |
[58:08] | All right. go get the ladder out of the garage. | 好的 去车库把梯子拿出来 |
[58:14] | When you get finished with that roof there, | 当你弄完那儿的屋顶的时候 |
[58:17] | You can take that gutter and nail it back up. | 你可以把那个边沟给堵住 |
[58:20] | I’m tired of looking at it the last three years. | 看了三年 都看烦了 |
[58:30] | Yeah, you said it, brother. | 对 你说对了 老兄 |
[59:38] | Hello. | 你好 |
[59:39] | Grandpa says he wants to know… | 爷爷说他想知道 |
[59:41] | …if you can have Thao clear out the big wasp nest under our porch. | 你能不能让邵清理我们家门廊下的大蜂窝 |
[59:48] | Wasp nest? | 蜂窝 |
[59:50] | Well, that’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[59:51] | Yeah, well, I think we can handle that after lunch. | 我想午饭过后我们会去搞定 |
[1:00:32] | Jesus, Lord Almighty, knock it off. | 天呐 万能的上帝啊 别按了 |
[1:00:35] | Hey, it’s my last day. so, what else do you have for me to do? | 今天是最后一天 你还有什么要我做的吗 |
[1:00:41] | Take the day off. you’ve done enough. | 今天休息 你做的够多了 |
[1:00:50] | Toad. | 曹 |
[1:00:55] | Nothing, never mind. | 没什么 别介意 |
[1:01:05] | The doctor will see you now. thank you. | 医生现在会替你检查 谢谢 |
[1:01:23] | Koski? | 科斯基 |
[1:01:39] | Mr. Kowalski? Good morning. I looked over your paperwork… | 科瓦尔斯基先生 早安 我看过你的病历… |
[1:01:43] | …and I think we should immediately start a full battery of tests. | 我想我们该马上做个全身检查 |
[1:01:47] | I feel that this would be the best way to go about… | 我觉得这是检查出你的病的… |
[1:01:50] | – …checking out the issues that you’ve had. – Excuse me. | -最好办法 -打断一下 |
[1:01:53] | What happened to Dr. Feldman, my regular doctor? | 我的医生 费尔德曼医生怎么了 |
[1:01:57] | Dr. Feldman retired three years ago. I’m his replacement, Dr. Chu. | 费尔德曼医生三年前就退休了 我是来代替他的 我是楚医生 |
[1:02:10] | – It’s grandpa Walt. – Pick it up. | -沃尔特爷爷的电话 -接吧 |
[1:02:12] | – You talk to him. – Mitch. | -你跟他讲 -米奇 |
[1:02:15] | – I’m doing bills here. – you talk to him. he’s your father. | -我在算账呢 -你跟他讲 他是你爸爸 |
[1:02:24] | Hey, Dad. | 喂 爸 |
[1:02:25] | Hi, Mitch, it’s– it’s me, your dad. | 米奇 是 是我 你老爸 |
[1:02:30] | Yeah, I know. what’s up? | 我知道 怎么了 |
[1:02:32] | Oh, nothing. nothing much, really. | 没什么 真的没什么 |
[1:02:35] | – How’s everything going? – I’m fine. fine. doing fine. | -一切都还好吧 -很好… |
[1:02:40] | Fine. good. how about Karen and the kids? | 很好 凯伦跟孩子们呢 |
[1:02:46] | Fine, everybody’s great. doing fine. | 很好 大家都很好 |
[1:02:50] | – Good. how about work? – Busy. | -那就好 工作怎么样 -忙 |
[1:02:55] | – Yeah. – Yeah, I suppose. | -嗯 -我想也是 |
[1:02:59] | In fact, speaking of busy, I got a lot on my plate right now… | 其实 说到忙 我现在有很多事要忙… |
[1:03:03] | …so if there’s not something pressing…. | 所以如果没什么要紧事的话… |
[1:03:07] | No. no, not at all. | 没 没什么要紧事 |
[1:03:10] | So why don’t you call me this weekend? | 那你何不这个周末再打给我 |
[1:03:13] | Sure. | 好的 |
[1:03:14] | Okay. it was nice talking to you, dad. thanks for calling. | 好的 很高兴跟你通话 爸 谢谢你打电话来 |
[1:03:17] | Thanks. yeah. | 谢谢 |
[1:04:05] | This kid doesn’t have a chance. | 这孩子无药可救了 |
[1:04:23] | – What do you know about faucets? – I know a lot about them, boy. | -你会修理水龙头吗 -我会的事可多了 孩子 |
[1:04:28] | Stand aside. | 闪一边去 |
[1:04:30] | – Jesus. for the love of pete. – What? | -上帝啊 饶了我吧 -怎么 |
[1:04:34] | It must be a hundred degrees in here. | 这儿温度肯定有几百度 |
[1:04:36] | Why don’t you turn on the fan? | 干吗不打开风扇 |
[1:04:48] | The place is falling apart. | 这地方要散架了 |
[1:04:54] | Man, where’d you get all this stuff? | 伙计 这些东西你都是从哪儿弄来的 |
[1:04:57] | – What are you talking about? – All the tools and stuff. | -你说什么 -所有的工具啊 |
[1:05:02] | Well, it may come as a surprise to a thief… | 也许对小偷来说很惊奇… |
[1:05:06] | …but I bought this stuff, everything in here, with my own money. | 但这儿的所有东西都是我自己花钱买的 |
[1:05:09] | Yeah, yeah. that’s not what I meant. | 嗯…我不是那个意思 |
[1:05:11] | I mean, there’s just so much shit packed in here. | 这儿被塞的满满当当的 |
[1:05:14] | Yeah. well, every tool in here has a purpose. | 这儿的每个工具都有它的用处 |
[1:05:18] | Everything has a job to do. | 每一样都有所用之处 |
[1:05:20] | They’re all to use if necessary. | 必要的时候都能派上用场 |
[1:05:22] | Okay, so, what’s that? | 好吧 那是什么 |
[1:05:25] | – That’s a post-hole digger. – That? | -那是个挖浅井的铲子 -那个呢 |
[1:05:27] | Vise grips. | 老虎钳 |
[1:05:28] | – That? – Wire cutters. | -那个呢 -电线剪子 |
[1:05:30] | You know it’s a trowel, come on. | 你知道这是个泥铲子嘛 |
[1:05:32] | Those are shears there, and that’s a saw. | 那些是剪羊毛的剪子 那个是锯 |
[1:05:34] | That’s a tack hammer. You can’t fool me, kid. | 那是砸平头钉的锤子 你问不倒我 孩子 |
[1:05:40] | All right, what’s on your mind? | 好吧 你心里在想什么呢 |
[1:05:43] | It’s just, I can’t afford to buy all this stuff. | 只是 我没钱买下所有的工具 |
[1:05:47] | Well, I guess even a bonehead like you could understand… | 我想即使像你这样的傻瓜也能够明白 |
[1:05:51] | …That a man acquires this over a period of 50 years. | 一个人要花50年的时间才能攒齐所有东西 |
[1:05:55] | – Yeah, but…. – All right, look, here. | -是的 但是 -好吧 |
[1:05:59] | Take these three items, right here. You can have this. | 拿上这三样工具 送给你了 |
[1:06:03] | Wd-40, vise grips and some duct tape. | Wd-40 老虎钳 还有一些管道胶带 |
[1:06:09] | Any man worth his salt can do half of the household chores… | 任何男人利用这三样工具 |
[1:06:13] | …With just those three things. | 都能做好一半的家务了 |
[1:06:14] | Anything else you need, you just borrow it, that’s all. | 其他需要的工具 就管我借好了 |
[1:06:17] | Okay. cool. | 好的 不赖 |
[1:06:28] | – Fuck me. – What’s with that? | -操 -怎么回事 |
[1:06:31] | Nothing. What? | 没事 什么 |
[1:06:33] | Nothing, huh? I just saw you coughed up blood. | 没事吗 我刚才看到你都咳出血了 |
[1:06:36] | That’s not good. You should really see a doctor. | 这样不行 你真的要去看看医生了 |
[1:06:41] | Yeah. Look… | 好 |
[1:06:45] | …Those guys who were here the other night, on my lawn. | 那天晚上出现在我家草坪上的那些人 |
[1:06:50] | What about them? | 他们是怎么回事 |
[1:06:51] | Just a gang, a bunch of hmong gangbangers. | 只是个黑帮 一群苗族黑帮的人 |
[1:06:54] | Yeah, I assumed that, but what were they doing here? | 对 我估计也是 但是他们来这干吗 |
[1:06:57] | They were gonna take me away. | 他们要把我带走 |
[1:06:59] | They were kind of pissed that I blew my first initiation. | 我搞砸了入会第一个任务 他们有点儿不爽 |
[1:07:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:07:04] | Well, you are a pussy, you know, you wanna hang out with guys like that. | 你是个软蛋 你想跟他们那样的人混 |
[1:07:09] | What was your initiation supposed to be? | 你的任务是什么 |
[1:07:21] | My gran torino? | 我的老爷车吗 |
[1:07:26] | Christ all friday. | 我的老天呐 |
[1:07:47] | Shit. | 操 |
[1:07:52] | Toad, you got a minute? | 曹 你有空吗 |
[1:07:55] | All right. Okay. Here it is. | 好吧 行 就是它 |
[1:07:59] | Here’s the deal. I take the top because that’s the heaviest. | 我们这么干 我来抬头 因为头沉 |
[1:08:03] | I pull on that, and you stand right back here… | 我拉住它 你就站在这里 |
[1:08:05] | …And you push and help me push it up each step. | 你用力推 帮我把它一点一点推起来 |
[1:08:08] | – Just like that. – Then let me take the top. | -就像这样 -那让我抬头吧 |
[1:08:10] | No, no, I’ve got the top. | 不 不 我抬头 |
[1:08:11] | Really, I’ll take the top. It looks pretty heavy. | 真的 我抬吧 看起来挺沉的 |
[1:08:13] | Look, I’m not crippled. I’ve got the top. | 我不是个残废 我抬头 |
[1:08:16] | If you don’t let me take the top, I ain’t helping. | 如果你不让我抬头 我就不帮你了 |
[1:08:18] | I’m going home. | 我就回家了 |
[1:08:19] | Now, listen to me, zipperhead. | 听我说 小顽固 |
[1:08:20] | No, you listen, old man. | 不 你听我的 老头 |
[1:08:22] | I’m here because you needed help. | 因为你需要帮助我才过来的 |
[1:08:24] | So it’s either top or I’m out of here. | 所以要么我抬头 要么我走人 |
[1:08:29] | All right. You take the top, and I’ll push. | 那好吧 你抬头 我来推 |
[1:08:35] | Just don’t let it slip out of your little-girl hands | 千万别把它从你的小嫩手里脱手了 |
[1:08:38] | And crush me. | 别砸到我 |
[1:08:41] | Don’t give me any ideas, now. | 别让我现在有这种想法 |
[1:08:52] | – That thing weighs a ton. – Yeah. | -这玩意足有一吨重 -是啊 |
[1:08:55] | It runs like a clock, though. | 不过它工作起来非常厉害的 |
[1:08:57] | They just don’t make them like this anymore. | 就是这样的已经停产了而已 |
[1:09:00] | So, what are you gonna do with it? | 那你准备怎么处理它呢 |
[1:09:03] | Sell it, I guess. | 把它卖了吧 我估计 |
[1:09:06] | How much? | 卖多少钱 |
[1:09:08] | 60 bucks. They…. | 60美元 他们… |
[1:09:11] | I’m tired of having it sit around down in the basement there. | 我已经厌倦了只能让它停在地下室里了 |
[1:09:14] | Why? You looking for a freezer? | 怎么 你想买个冰箱吗 |
[1:09:18] | The downstairs one kind of died. | 楼下的那个好像报废了 |
[1:09:20] | Okay. 25 bucks and it’s yours. | 好吧 出25美元 它就是你的了 |
[1:09:23] | Twenty-five? But you just said 60. | 25美元吗 但是你刚才说60美元 |
[1:09:26] | I know, | 我知道 |
[1:09:27] | But this’ll save me money putting an ad in the paper. | 但是不用在报纸上登广告能给我省钱 |
[1:09:29] | – Come on, let’s wheel it over to your place. – All right. Okay. | -来吧 把它搬到你家去 -好吧 |
[1:09:38] | – Kind of ironic, huh? – What? | -挺讽刺的吧 -什么 |
[1:09:41] | Toad washing the car that he tried to steal from you. | 曹在帮你擦他想偷的车 |
[1:09:44] | Yeah. He misses one spot, he’s doing it all over again too. | 对 只要他漏擦了一块 就要重新擦 |
[1:09:48] | It’s nice of you to look after him like this. | 你能这样照看他 真是太好心了 |
[1:09:50] | He doesn’t have any real role models in his life. | 在他的生活中没有任何真实的行为榜样 |
[1:09:53] | Well, I’m not any role model. | 我不是什么榜样 |
[1:09:54] | But you’re a good man, Wally. | 但你是个好人 沃利 |
[1:09:56] | I wish our father would’ve been more like you. | 我真希望我们的父亲能够更像你一些 |
[1:09:58] | – Don’t go calling me Wally. – No, I’m serious. | -别叫我沃利 -不 我是认真的 |
[1:10:01] | He was really hard on us, really traditional, | 他对我们真的很严厉很传统 |
[1:10:04] | And really old-school. | 而且非常守旧 |
[1:10:06] | Yeah, well, I’m old-school. | 是的 我很守旧 |
[1:10:08] | Yeah, but you’re an American. | 是 但你是美国人 |
[1:10:11] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[1:10:17] | You like him, don’t you? | 你喜欢他 不是吗 |
[1:10:18] | Are you kidding? He tried to steal my car. | 开玩笑 他还想偷我的车呢 |
[1:10:21] | Uh-huh. And you spend time with him… | 对 而你现在却在花时间陪他 |
[1:10:23] | …Teach him how to fix things, | 教他如何修理东西 |
[1:10:25] | Saved him from that fucked cousin of ours. | 把他从我们的混蛋表弟手中拯救了出来 |
[1:10:27] | Hey. watch your language, lady. | 注意你的用词 女士 |
[1:10:29] | And you’re a good man. | 而且你是个好人 |
[1:10:31] | I’m not a good man. | 我不是好人 |
[1:10:34] | Get me another beer, dragon lady. This one’s empty. | 再给我拿瓶啤酒 凶女人 空了 |
[1:10:44] | You know, the hmong consider gardening to be women’s work. | 你知道吗 苗族人觉得园艺是女人的活 |
[1:10:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:10:49] | That’s probably why I see you in the garden over there all the time. | 这可能是我看你整天呆在花园的原因 |
[1:10:53] | – Besides, we ain’t in humong. – Funny. | -但我们不是毛族的 -真有趣 |
[1:10:59] | You know, you should quit. That’s bad for you. | 你应该戒烟了 这对你来说并不好 |
[1:11:03] | Yeah? So is being in a gang, dipshit. | 是吗 呆在帮派里也一样 笨蛋 |
[1:11:08] | Didn’t you hear what I just said? | 你没听到我刚才说的话吗 |
[1:11:09] | I saw you cough up blood. | 我看到你咳出血了 |
[1:11:12] | You should quit. | 你应该戒烟 |
[1:11:15] | So, what’s that emblem supposed to mean anyway? | 这个徽章是什么意思 |
[1:11:18] | Is it your ancient cub scout emblem? | 是你的古老的童子军徽章吗 |
[1:11:21] | First cavalry. I’ve had it since ’51 . | 一等骑兵 我1951年得到的 |
[1:11:27] | So, what do you want to do with your life, kid? | 你想要过怎样的生活 孩子 |
[1:11:30] | Well, I was thinking about maybe sales. | 我在想也许可以搞销售 |
[1:11:34] | Sales, huh? | 搞销售吗 |
[1:11:37] | My oldest son is in sales. | 我的大儿子是做销售的 |
[1:11:39] | – Does he do well? – Oh, yeah. License to steal. | -他做得好吗 -是的 是合法的偷钱行当 |
[1:11:44] | I work in the Ford factory for 50 years, | 我在福特公司工作了50年 |
[1:11:46] | And he’s out selling Japanese cars. | 而他却在外面卖日本车 |
[1:11:49] | – You made cars? – Yeah. | -你制造汽车吗 -是的 |
[1:11:52] | I put the steering column in this gran torino… | 是我把转向柱安装在这辆老爷车上的 |
[1:11:55] | … In 1972, right on the line. | 那是1972年 安得非常合适 |
[1:12:00] | Oh, you are old. So cool. | 你真老 真酷 |
[1:12:03] | Yeah. So you wanna be in sales. | 是啊 那么你想做销售 |
[1:12:06] | You thinking about going to school maybe? | 有没有想过去学校读书呢 |
[1:12:09] | Kind of, but school costs money. | 想过 但是上学需要花钱 |
[1:12:12] | Well, maybe you should get a job. | 那也许你应该找个工作 |
[1:12:13] | You can’t just sit there and spread… | 你不可以只是坐在这里 |
[1:12:15] | Mulch in my garden the rest of your life. | 在我的花园撒撒除草剂就度过余生 |
[1:12:18] | – Well, maybe you could just pay me. – Yeah. very funny. | -也许你可以付工资给我 -真滑稽 |
[1:12:24] | Well, what kind of job could I ever get? | 我能找到什么样的工作呢 |
[1:12:26] | Yeah. You’re right. Nobody would ever hire you. | 你说得对 没人愿意用你 |
[1:12:30] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[1:12:32] | Look, I’m just kidding, zip. | 我只是在开玩笑 小顽固 |
[1:12:34] | I mean, you could get a job. | 我是说 你是可以找到工作的 |
[1:12:35] | – You could get a job anywhere. – Like what? | -在哪儿都能找到工作 -比如什么 |
[1:12:38] | – Well, how about construction? – Me? | -比如建筑呢 -我吗 |
[1:12:41] | – Yeah. – Construction? | -是的 -建筑 |
[1:12:43] | You have alzheimer’s or something? | 你有老年痴呆还是怎么的 |
[1:12:44] | No. You could get a job in construction. | 不 你可以在建筑方面找到工作 |
[1:12:47] | I know people in the trades. | 在这方面我有熟人 |
[1:12:49] | Course, I have to make a little adjustment, | 当然 我需要做些调整 |
[1:12:51] | And man you up a little bit. | 并把你塑造得更男人一些 |
[1:12:53] | – Man me up? – Yeah. | -把我塑造得更男人吗 -是的 |
[1:12:56] | And I think you ought to date Miss Yum Yum too. | 而且我想你还应该跟瑶亚小姐约会 |
[1:13:00] | Do you a little good. | 这会对你有益处的 |
[1:13:03] | You know, get a little carbon off the valves. | 免得那”枪管”塞爆了 |
[1:13:11] | Now you’re just gonna learn how guys talk. | 现在你需要学习男人是如何谈话的 |
[1:13:14] | You just listen to the way Martin and I batter it back and forth. | 你只要认真听我和马丁斗嘴即可 |
[1:13:18] | – You okay? You ready? – Sure. | -准备好了吗 -当然 |
[1:13:20] | All right. Let’s go in. | 好吧 咱们进去 |
[1:13:25] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[1:13:26] | A Polack and a Chink. | 波兰佬和中国佬 |
[1:13:29] | How you doing, Martin, you crazy Italian prick? | 你怎么样 马丁 你这个意大利老疯子 |
[1:13:32] | You cheap bastard, I should’ve known you’d come in. | 你个混蛋 我就知道你会来 |
[1:13:34] | I was having such a pleasant day. | 我本来今天挺高兴的 |
[1:13:36] | What’d you do, jew some poor blind guy out of his money? | 你来干吗 找穷瞎子骗钱吗 |
[1:13:39] | – Gave him the wrong change? – Who’s the nip? | -故意找错钱 -这小东西是谁 |
[1:13:42] | Oh, he’s a pussy kid from next door. | 隔壁邻居家的小受气包 |
[1:13:44] | I’m just trying to man him up a little bit. | 我只是想让他学得有男子气概一点儿 |
[1:13:49] | You see, kid? Now, that’s how guys talk to one another. | 你看 孩子 这才是两个男人之间的对话 |
[1:13:52] | They do? | 是这样吗 |
[1:13:53] | What, you got shit in your ears? | 什么 你耳朵里起茧子了吗 |
[1:13:55] | Now go on out and come back in, | 现在出去再进来 |
[1:13:57] | And talk to him like a man. | 像个男人一样跟他对话 |
[1:13:59] | Like a real man. | 像个真正的男人 |
[1:14:00] | – Come on, Walt. – Come on. Get your ass out of here. | -快点 沃尔特 -快 快出去 |
[1:14:04] | And come on back now. | 现在进来 |
[1:14:06] | – Sorry about this. – It’s okay. | -对不起 -没关系 |
[1:14:14] | What’s up, you old Italian prick? | 干吗呢 你个意大利老贱人 |
[1:14:16] | Get out of my shop before I blow your head off… | 滚出去 不然我打爆你的脑袋 |
[1:14:19] | – You goddamn dick-smoking gook! – Jesus christ. Oh, shit. | -你个挨千刀的臭老外 -老天 操 |
[1:14:24] | Take it easy. Take it easy. | 别激动 别激动 |
[1:14:25] | What the hell are you doing? Have you lost your mind? | 你这是干什么 你疯了吗 |
[1:14:28] | But that’s what you said. | 但是你刚才就是这么说的 |
[1:14:30] | That what you said men say. | 你说男人就该这么说话 |
[1:14:31] | You don’t just come in and insult the man in his shop. | 你不能一进来就侮辱店主人呐 |
[1:14:34] | You don’t do that. | 不能这么做 |
[1:14:35] | What happens if you meet some stranger and get the wrong one? | 如果你遇到一个陌生人而他不是个善茬呢 |
[1:14:38] | He’s gonna blow your gook head right off. | 他会把你的小老外脑袋爆开花的 |
[1:14:41] | What should I have said, then? | 那我该怎么说 |
[1:14:42] | Yeah, kid, | 好吧 孩子 |
[1:14:42] | why don’t you start with “hi” or “hello”? | 干吗不先说声”嗨”或者”你好”呢 |
[1:14:45] | Yeah, just come in and say, | 对 走进来 然后说 |
[1:14:47] | “Sir, I’d like a haircut, if you have time.” | “先生 如果你有空 我想理个发” |
[1:14:49] | Yeah, be polite, but don’t kiss ass. | 是的 要有礼貌 别找抽 |
[1:14:51] | You could talk about a construction job you just came from… | 你可以说说你刚刚干的建筑工作 |
[1:14:54] | …And bitch about your girlfriend and your car. | 也可以扯一扯你的女朋友和汽车 |
[1:14:57] | Son of a bitch, I just got my brakes fixed, | 狗娘养的 我刚修好的刹车 |
[1:14:59] | And those sons of bitches really nailed me. | 那些混蛋真的气死我了 |
[1:15:02] | I mean, they screwed me right in the ass. | 我是说 他们惹毛了我了 |
[1:15:03] | Yeah. Don’t swear at the guy. | 对 不要惹毛对方 |
[1:15:05] | Just talk about people who are not in the room. | 聊聊不在身边的人们 |
[1:15:08] | You could bitch about your boss making… | 你可以侃一侃 你的老板 |
[1:15:10] | You work overtime when it’s bowling night. | 让你在约好打保龄球的夜晚加班的事 |
[1:15:12] | Right. Or my old lady bitches for two goddamn hours… | 对 或者是我老伴跟我抱怨了俩小时 |
[1:15:15] | …About how they don’t take expired coupons at the grocery store… | 百货商店不肯收过期的优惠券 |
[1:15:19] | …And the minute I turn on the game, | 而我一调头玩游戏 |
[1:15:21] | She starts crying how we never talk. | 她就哭着嫌我不跟她说话 |
[1:15:23] | You see? Now go out, come back and talk to him. | 懂了吗 现在出去再进来 跟他聊天 |
[1:15:26] | And it ain’t rocket science, for chris sake. | 这不是什么高科技 看在上帝的份上 |
[1:15:29] | Yeah, but I don’t have a job, | 是啊 但是我没有工作 |
[1:15:32] | a car or a girlfriend. | 汽车 或者女朋友 |
[1:15:34] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[1:15:35] | I should’ve blown his head off when I had the chance. | 我真应该当时有机会就打爆他的脑袋 |
[1:15:37] | Yeah. Maybe so. | 是啊 也许是的 |
[1:15:38] | Now, okay, I want you to turn around and go outside… | 现在 好了 我要你转过身走出去 |
[1:15:42] | …And come back, and don’t talk about having no job… | 再进来 不要谈没有工作 |
[1:15:45] | …No car, no girlfriend, | 没有车 没有女朋友 |
[1:15:48] | No future, no dick. | 没有未来 没种 |
[1:15:50] | Okay? Just turn around and go. | 好吗 只要转身走就好 |
[1:16:07] | Excuse me, sir. | 对不起 先生 |
[1:16:08] | I need a haircut, if you ain’t too busy. | 如果你不是很忙的话 我需要理个发 |
[1:16:11] | You old Italian son-of-a-bitch prick barber. | 你个老意大利混蛋理发师 |
[1:16:15] | Boy, does my ass hurt from all the guys at my construction job. | 我恨透了我建筑工作里所有的同事 |
[1:16:24] | Fuck me. Jesus christ. | 操他妈的 上帝啊 |
[1:16:38] | – All set to go through with it, right? – Yeah, yeah. | -一切准备就绪 对吗 -是 是 |
[1:16:41] | Don’t “yeah, yeah” me. | 别跟我”是是是” |
[1:16:43] | Just say, “yes, sir,” and, “I’ll do my best.” | 要说”是 先生” “我会尽力的” |
[1:16:46] | Yes. I’ll do my best. | 是 我会尽力的 |
[1:16:47] | Because when I vouch for somebody, | 因为我向某人担保时 |
[1:16:49] | That means I’ve given my word. | 就说明我要说到做到 |
[1:16:51] | And I don’t want you making me look bad. | 我不想要你往我脸上抹黑 |
[1:16:52] | No, I’m good. Totally into this. | 不 我会努力的 完全进入状态了 |
[1:16:55] | Don’t lay down, either. Just look them straight in the eye. | 也不要放弃 直视他们的双眼 |
[1:16:59] | And a man can tell a lot by your handshake. | 还有 男人握手也能表现出很多东西 |
[1:17:02] | – Here. Put those in your back pocket. – Cool. | -把这些放在后裤兜里 -酷 |
[1:17:06] | Don’t blow this. | 别搞砸了 |
[1:17:09] | Hey, Kennedy, you drunken Irish goon. | 肯尼迪 你个爱尔兰蠢醉鬼 |
[1:17:12] | How the hell are you? | 最近怎么样 |
[1:17:13] | I’m shitty, but who’s gonna listen? | 我一团糟 但是谁又会关心呢 |
[1:17:15] | Not me, that’s for sure. | 肯定不是我 |
[1:17:16] | Help yourself, there, Walt. You dumb polack. | 请自便 沃尔特 你个傻波兰佬 |
[1:17:21] | Okay, this is the kid I was telling you about. | 好 这就是我跟你说的那个孩子 |
[1:17:24] | Thao, this is Tim kennedy. | 邵 这是蒂姆·肯尼迪 |
[1:17:26] | He’s the super on this job. | 他是这个工程的头儿 |
[1:17:29] | So, what do we got here, Walt? | 他怎么样 沃尔特 |
[1:17:32] | Well, he knows construction, and he’s a smart kid. | 他懂建筑 而且是个聪明的孩子 |
[1:17:36] | He’ll do anything you need him for. | 你需要他干什么他就干什么 |
[1:17:38] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -当然 |
[1:17:40] | – You speak English? – Yes, sir. | -你会说英语吗 -是的 先生 |
[1:17:44] | – Were you born here? – You bet. | -你出生在这里吗 -对 |
[1:17:46] | I see that Walt drove you here. You got a vehicle? | 我看见沃尔特载你过来的 你有车吗 |
[1:17:49] | Not at the moment. Taking the bus for now. | 现在没有 我现在搭公交车 |
[1:17:52] | The bus. Jesus christ, you don’t have a car? | 公交车 天呐 你没有车吗 |
[1:17:54] | My head gasket cracked. | 我的脑袋进屎了 |
[1:17:56] | And the goddamn prick at the shop wants to bend me over for 2100. | 商店里的那个傻子想要我花2100买车 |
[1:17:59] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[1:18:00] | I replaced the tranny in my tahoe, | 我更换了塔荷的收音机 |
[1:18:02] | And the sons of bitches fucked me hard. | 那些混蛋狠狠宰了我一刀 |
[1:18:04] | – Just under 3200. – Goddamn thieves. It ain’t right. | -不到3200 -小偷 这可不对 |
[1:18:09] | You got that right. | 你说对了 |
[1:18:10] | Okay, come on in on monday, and we’ll find something for you to do. | 好了 周一过来 我给你找活儿干 |
[1:18:16] | Thanks, Mr. Kennedy. | 谢谢 肯尼迪先生 |
[1:18:17] | It’s Tim. And what’s your name again? | 叫我蒂姆 你叫什么来着 |
[1:18:20] | – Thao. – “Tuh,” okay. | -邵 -好吧 |
[1:18:23] | You owe me one, Walt. | 你欠我的 沃尔特 |
[1:18:25] | Yeah. Well, I’ll buy you a fruitcake for christmas. | 好吧 圣诞节我给你买个水果蛋糕好了 |
[1:18:28] | Fuck the fruitcake. | 去他妈的水果蛋糕 |
[1:18:29] | How about you just hand over them keys to that gran torino? | 要不你就把你的老爷车的钥匙交给他们吧 |
[1:18:34] | Why the hell does everybody want my car? | 为什么所有人都想要我的车 |
[1:18:37] | Well, I’m not surprised. | 我一点也不稀奇 |
[1:18:38] | Yeah, you don’t know the half of it. | 是啊 你根本就是一知半解 |
[1:18:40] | All right, come on, zipperhead. | 好了 来吧 小顽固 |
[1:18:42] | We’ll let the mick stay here and play with himself. | 我们让爱尔兰佬留在这儿自己玩吧 |
[1:19:07] | What are we doing? | 我们在干吗 |
[1:19:09] | What do you wanna do? | 你想做什么 |
[1:19:10] | Carry your tools in a rice bag? | 用米袋装你的工具吗 |
[1:19:22] | Here we are. You can use one of these. | 找到了 你可以用这个 |
[1:19:25] | And you’ll need one of these. Here. | 你还需要这个 拿着 |
[1:19:29] | – I can’t afford any of this. – I’ll cover it. | -这些我一个都买不起 -我买 |
[1:19:31] | You can pay me back on your first paycheck. | 你收到第一份工资的时候再还给我 |
[1:19:34] | – Cool. – Here. you’ll need something like that. | -酷 -拿着 你会需要这个 |
[1:19:38] | Now, this is what I’m looking for. Here, tool belt. | 这就是我在找的东西 拿着 工具带 |
[1:19:42] | – There you go. – Not to bitch… | -给你 -不是我唧唧歪歪 |
[1:19:43] | …But won’t I be needing some tools? | 但是我不是应该需要一些工具吗 |
[1:19:45] | Tools I’ve got, | 我那儿有工具 |
[1:19:46] | But I’m not gonna lend my tool belt. | 但是我不会把工具带借给你的 |
[1:19:48] | You can pick up tools as you go. | 你可以走的时候把工具拿上 |
[1:19:50] | – I really appreciate all this. – Forget it. | -我真得很感激这一切 -不用 |
[1:19:52] | No. I really do. Thank you. | 不 我真得很感激 谢谢您 |
[1:20:31] | What’s up, homeboy? What you doing? | 怎么了 宅男 你干吗呢 |
[1:20:34] | – What up, man? – What you got, punk? | -干吗呢 -你拿的是什么 小朋克 |
[1:20:37] | – Just checking up on my little cousin. – Yeah, man. | -我来看看我的小表弟 -是啊 |
[1:20:41] | Our little cousin. What’s this? | 我们的小表弟 这是什么 |
[1:20:44] | Where you coming from, man? | 你这是从哪回来 |
[1:20:45] | I’m coming home from work. | 我刚下班回来 |
[1:20:48] | Not that you guys would know much about that. | 你们这些家伙肯定不会明白的 |
[1:20:50] | So it’s true. You got a job. | 这么说是真的了 你有工作了 |
[1:20:52] | – You can’t just leave me alone? – What? | -你不能离我远点儿吗 -什么 |
[1:20:54] | Hey, dog, check this out. | 兄弟 看这个 |
[1:20:57] | You scared, huh? | 害怕了 是吗 |
[1:20:58] | Who bought this shit for you? Your dad? | 谁给你买的这些破烂玩意 你爸爸吗 |
[1:21:00] | – What do you want? – Your dad bought this? | -你想怎样 -你爸爸给你买的吗 |
[1:21:01] | Keep your hands off my stuff. Give me the fucking hat. | 把你的手拿开 把帽子还给我 |
[1:21:04] | Why the fuck you gotta make me look bad? | 为什么你要让我难堪 |
[1:21:07] | Keep your hands off my stuff! | 把你的手拿开 |
[1:21:08] | Smashing’s my job, man. | 扁你就是我的工作 |
[1:21:12] | Yo, give me that. Give me that. | 把那个给我 给我 |
[1:21:13] | Hey, come on. That’s my stuff. | 别闹了 那是我的东西 |
[1:21:15] | Throw it over the fence, man, fuck it. | 把它丢出栅栏 去他妈的 |
[1:21:17] | – Let me go. Let me go. – Hey, you little bitch. | -放开我 放开我 -你个小贱人 |
[1:21:20] | Give me that, man. Give me that. | 把那个给我 给我 |
[1:21:25] | – What’s the phrase I’m looking for? – Fuck him up. | -我在找什么词呢 -去他妈的 |
[1:21:28] | Oh, yeah. Saving face. | 对 要点儿脸吧 |
[1:21:38] | – Hey there. – Hey. I gotta run. | -你好 -我要走了 |
[1:21:43] | Haven’t seen you in a few days. Where you been? | 几天不见了 你去哪了 |
[1:21:45] | – Been busy. – Yeah. | -很忙 -是啊 |
[1:21:48] | Busy, huh? | 很忙是吗 |
[1:21:54] | – What the hell happened to you? – Don’t worry about it. | -你到底出了什么事 -不用担心 |
[1:21:57] | What do you mean, don’t worry about it? Look at your god damn face. | 你什么意思 不用担心 看看你的脸 |
[1:22:00] | I said, don’t worry about it. Okay? It’s not your problem. | 我说了别担心 好吗 不关你的事 |
[1:22:03] | When? | 这是什么时候的事 |
[1:22:04] | Grabbed me a couple days ago, right after I got off work. | 他们几天前抓住了我 在我下班回家的时候 |
[1:22:08] | Cowards. | 懦夫 |
[1:22:10] | I did everything I could possibly do, | 能做的我都做了 |
[1:22:13] | But they broke some of your tools. | 但是他们弄坏了你的一些工具 |
[1:22:15] | – I’ll replace them. – Don’t worry about the tools. | -我会再买的 -别担心那些工具 |
[1:22:22] | Where does your cousin live? | 你的表兄住在哪里 |
[1:22:27] | No, Walt. I’ll be okay. | 不 沃尔特 我会没事的 |
[1:22:31] | – I don’t want you to do anything. – All right. | -我不想让你做任何事 -好吧 |
[1:22:35] | If you need any extra tools, you just let me know. | 如果你还要工具 就告诉我 |
[1:22:41] | Well, I could use a roofing hammer. | 我需要一个钉房顶的锤子 |
[1:22:44] | Good. Go in my garage and get it. | 很好 去我的车库拿吧 |
[1:23:23] | That should be the last of them. | 这应该是所有人了 |
[1:23:51] | All right. here’s the deal. you stay away from thao, understand? | 好吧 作为交易 离邵远点 明白吗 |
[1:23:55] | You tell your friends to stay away from thao. | 告诉你那些朋友离邵远点 |
[1:23:58] | If they don’t listen, tell them you don’t wanna see them anymore. | 如果他们不听 告他们你再也别想见他们了 |
[1:24:01] | That’s it. got it? | 就这些 明白吗 |
[1:24:03] | I’ll take that as a yes. if I have to come back here… | 就当你答应了 如果再让我看见你… |
[1:24:06] | …it’s gonna get fucking ugly. | …就没这么好办了 |
[1:24:32] | Get out of my way. | 让开点儿 |
[1:24:53] | How do you want your dog? I mean, steak? | 你们怎么吃狗肉 我是说 也是煎吗 |
[1:24:57] | -Funny. -i told you, we only eat cats. | -有意思 -我说过 我们只吃猫 |
[1:25:01] | Yeah. well. | 对啊 没错 |
[1:25:04] | Whoa. I’ve never seen you like this before. | 我从没见过你这样 |
[1:25:06] | I’m feeling good. you know, I got beautiful women, great food. | 我感觉良好 不行吗 左有美人 右有美食 |
[1:25:09] | -And thao. -and even thao isn’t bugging me. | -还有邵 -虽然邵不屌我 |
[1:25:13] | -having a good time, I see. -yeah. | -尽情享受吧 -当然 |
[1:25:15] | -And it never ends. -what happened to your knuckles anyways? | -快乐永无尽头 -你的手指怎么了 |
[1:25:21] | I slipped in the shower. no big problem. | 洗澡时摔着了 没什么大碍 |
[1:25:23] | Look, now, yum yum, if he doesn’t ask you out… | 听着 瑶亚 如果他不约你出去… |
[1:25:26] | …i’m gonna ask you out. | …我可要近水楼台先得月了 |
[1:25:28] | Youa, don’t listen to him, youa. he’s a white devil. | 攸亚 别听他的 攸亚 他可是个老色鬼 |
[1:25:32] | Yeah, I am. I’m the white devil. | 对 没错 我是个老色鬼 |
[1:25:34] | I’d love to, walt, but he beat you to it. | 我倒是很想去 沃尔特 可他已经捷足先登了 |
[1:25:37] | Really? no kidding. dinner and a movie or what? | 真的吗 老实交代 晚餐 电影还是其他 |
[1:25:45] | Yeah. they’re taking the bus. | 是的 他们要坐公共汽车出去 |
[1:25:48] | No, you can’t take the bus. | 不行 你们不能坐公共汽车出去 |
[1:25:50] | We gotta get you something more stylish than that. | 我要给你们来点儿更有型的 |
[1:25:53] | Like what? take a limo? | 比如呢 豪华轿车 |
[1:25:57] | How about that? | 那个怎么样 |
[1:26:02] | -the gran torino? -yeah. | -那辆老爷车吗 -没错 |
[1:26:04] | You’d let me take the gran torino? | 你会让我开你的老爷车吗 |
[1:26:06] | Yeah, I’d let you take the gran torino. | 没错 让你开我的老爷车去 |
[1:26:09] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:26:11] | Yeah, really. | 是的 是真的 |
[1:26:20] | Here’s the pitch. and a strike. | 投球 击中 |
[1:27:00] | Is everybody all right? | 人都没事吗 |
[1:27:06] | You’re all right. you’re okay. you’ve got a cut. | 你还好吗 没事的 只是皮外伤 |
[1:27:10] | It’s all right, it’s all right, it’s all right. where’s grandma? | 好了 好了 没关系的 奶奶在哪 |
[1:27:15] | Where is sue? where is sue? | 苏在哪 苏在哪 |
[1:27:18] | -she went to our aunt’s. -your aunt’s? you sure? | -她去我们阿姨家了 -你阿姨家 确定吗 |
[1:27:21] | -yeah. -get on the phone and call right now. | -确定 -快给她打电话问问 |
[1:27:56] | I knew this was gonna happen. | 我早知有一天会这样的 |
[1:28:00] | Tried to– what the hell am I doing here? | 早该去…我坐在这里干嘛 |
[1:28:03] | Well, maybe some of her friends called and they changed plans. | 也可能是她朋友临时打电话改变了计划吧 |
[1:28:08] | Yeah. | 这样啊 |
[1:28:11] | In the war, we just lost a lot of friends, but you’re kind of set for it. | 在战争中 我们失去了很多战友 但你只能坐等 |
[1:28:18] | You’re geared to it. | 你该拿起武器去战斗 |
[1:29:17] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[1:29:29] | You fuck! you rotten fuck! | 混账 你们这群王八蛋 |
[1:30:24] | Mr. kowalski? | 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[1:30:35] | -you okay? -yeah. I’m okay. | -你还好吧 -是的 我没事 |
[1:30:41] | The police finally left. | 警察走了 |
[1:30:43] | No one’s talking. | 没人招供 |
[1:30:45] | One thing about the hmong, they keep their mouths shut. | 苗族的事 他们都闭口不言 |
[1:30:49] | Yeah, I’ve noticed that. | 是的 我注意到了 |
[1:30:58] | You know, thao and sue are never gonna find peace in this world… | 你知道的 邵和苏在这儿将永不得安宁… |
[1:31:03] | …as long as that gang’s around. | …只要有那些黑帮在 |
[1:31:06] | Until they go away, you know, forever. | 除非他们走了 你知道的 否则永不得安宁 |
[1:31:13] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[1:31:15] | You know what I’m saying. | 你知道我的意思 |
[1:31:19] | I took sue to the hospital. | 我带苏去医院了 |
[1:31:22] | She’s scared. they’re all scared. | 她吓坏了 他们都吓坏了 |
[1:31:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:31:29] | Thao, especially. | 尤其是邵 |
[1:31:31] | He’s sitting out there right now, staring at your front door. | 他现在就坐在外面 盯着你的大门发呆 |
[1:31:35] | You know what he expects, mr. kowalski. | 你知道他期盼什么 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[1:31:39] | What would you do? | 你要怎么办 |
[1:31:42] | -what should thao do? -i know what I would do if I was you. | -邵该怎么办 -如果我是你 我知道该做什么 |
[1:31:47] | -or at least what you think you should do. -really? | -至少会想做些什么 -是吗 |
[1:31:52] | If I was thao, I guess I’d want vengeance. | 如果我是邵 我猜我会想要报仇 |
[1:31:55] | I’d wanna stand shoulder to shoulder with you and kill those guys. | 我会想与你并肩作战 杀掉那些混账玩意儿 |
[1:32:00] | And you? | 那你呢 |
[1:32:02] | What would I do? | 我该做些什么 |
[1:32:07] | I’d come over here and talk to you, I guess. | 我会来与你谈话 我想 |
[1:32:11] | I know you’re close with these people, but this pisses me off too, mr.Kowalski. | 我知道你们走的很近 但这事惹毛我了 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[1:32:17] | Want a beer? | 喝啤酒吗 |
[1:32:19] | I’d love one. | 来一瓶吧 |
[1:32:21] | There’s some in the chest right over there behind you. | 你身后的箱子里面有 |
[1:32:50] | Damn all this. | 这都什么鸟事 |
[1:32:53] | -just isn’t fair. -nothing’s fair, father. | -真不公平啊 -世上没有公平 神父 |
[1:33:00] | So, what are you gonna do, mr. kowalski? | 那么 你要怎么办 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[1:33:05] | Call me walt. | 叫我沃尔特吧 |
[1:33:07] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:33:10] | What are you gonna do, walt? | 你要怎么做 沃尔特 |
[1:33:13] | I don’t know… | 我不知道… |
[1:33:16] | …but I’ll think of something. | …但我会考虑清楚的 |
[1:33:19] | Whatever it is, they won’t have a chance. | 不管怎样 不会再有第二次了 |
[1:33:34] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[1:33:36] | -thinking. -thinking? thinking time is over. | -思考 -思考 还有空思考 |
[1:33:41] | Now it’s time to knock the shit out of those pricks. | 现在是时候去收拾那些人渣了 |
[1:33:44] | I know you don’t wanna hear this, but now’s the time to stay calm. | 我知道你不想听 但现在先要冷静下来 |
[1:33:49] | Calm? you want me to be calm? | 冷静 你想让我冷静 |
[1:33:51] | We stay calm or else mistakes get made. | 我们要保持冷静 否则只能错上加错 |
[1:33:53] | We have to step back from this thing. | 这事得从长计议 |
[1:33:56] | No. don’t let me down, walt. not you. | 不 别想让我冷静下来 沃尔特 别想 |
[1:34:00] | This is gonna end today. | 今天就要做个了断 |
[1:34:03] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[1:34:04] | -i don’t wanna sit. -i said, sit down. | -我不想坐 -我说了 坐下 |
[1:34:11] | Now, listen to me. we gotta plan this, and plan it very carefully. | 现在听着 我们要有所计划 计划周全 |
[1:34:16] | We can’t make any mistakes. | 不能失误 |
[1:34:18] | Now, you know I’m the right man for this job. | 你知道 我就是干这个的 |
[1:34:21] | So I want you to go home and stay calm… | 所以我想你先回家 冷静下来… |
[1:34:24] | …and come back here at 4 this afternoon. | …今天下午4点来我这儿 |
[1:34:26] | -and what needs to be done will be done. -i say we go now. right now. | -终究会有个了断的 -我们现在就走 现在 |
[1:34:32] | And what? kill that cousin of yours and the rest of those zips? | 然后呢 杀了你堂兄和那些走狗 |
[1:34:35] | Mr. tough guy out for blood all of a sudden? | 来个血腥大屠杀 |
[1:34:38] | You know nothing about it. | 你什么都不懂 |
[1:34:43] | Now go home and you stay calm. | 现在回家去 冷静下来 |
[1:34:48] | Come back here at 4. all right? | 4点来这儿 好吗 |
[1:34:53] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[1:34:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:35:27] | Yeah. I know, I know. give me a break, will you? | 是的 我知道 让我喘口气 行吗 |
[1:35:31] | It’s the first time I’ve ever smoked in the house. | 这是我第一次在家里吸烟啊 |
[1:35:36] | Let a man enjoy himself, would you, girl? | 让男人独自享受享受 好吗 姑娘 |
[1:35:44] | All finished. ten dollars american. | 完了 10美元 |
[1:35:46] | I don’t suppose your guinea hands | 真想不到你的几内亚大手 |
[1:35:48] | Are steady enough to do a straight shave? | 还能理出平头来 |
[1:35:50] | Straight shave? you’ve never asked for a straight shave. | 平头 你没说过要理平头啊 |
[1:35:53] | I know, but I’ve always wondered about it. that’s unless you’re too busy. | 我知道 我每次都想尝试 但你总是很忙 |
[1:35:57] | -no, just let me heat up a towel. -yeah. and here, here’s a 20. | -不是吧 我去热热毛巾 -好 给你 20 |
[1:36:01] | Keep the change. that’s just in case you hit my jugular. | 不用找了 感谢你这么多年没伤到过我 |
[1:36:14] | It’s gonna take about one hour. | 大概需要1小时 |
[1:36:17] | We gonna shorten the sleeves a little bit. | 我们来把袖子改短一点 |
[1:36:20] | Gonna fix the shoulder. | 把肩部修修 |
[1:36:23] | -yeah. I never had a fitted suit before. -yes, sir. | -不错 我从没穿过这么合适的衣服 -是的 先生 |
[1:36:27] | You look very good. | 看起来很不错 |
[1:36:38] | -what can I do for you, mr. kowalski? -i’m here for a confession. | -我能为您做些什么 科瓦尔斯基先生 -我来做忏悔 |
[1:36:43] | Oh, lord jesus. what have you done? | 上帝啊 你做了什么 |
[1:36:45] | -nothing. you just take it easy, now. -what are you up to? | -什么也没做过 放轻松 -那你来干什么 |
[1:36:48] | Are you gonna give me a confession or not? | 你到底给不给我做忏悔 |
[1:36:54] | How long has it been since your last confession? | 你上次做忏悔是什么时候 |
[1:36:56] | Oh, forever. | 从没做过 |
[1:37:00] | Bless me, father, for I have sinned. | 请宽恕我 神父 宽恕我的罪行 |
[1:37:03] | What are your sins, my son? | 你犯过哪些罪行 我的子民 |
[1:37:07] | Well, in 1968, I kissed betty jablonski… | 1968年 我亲吻了贝蒂·雅布隆斯基 … |
[1:37:11] | …at the factory christmas party. | …在工厂的圣诞宴会上 |
[1:37:14] | Dorothy was in the other room with the other wives. | 当时桃乐西和其他主妇们在另一间屋子里 |
[1:37:18] | It just happened. | 但事情就那么发生了 |
[1:37:21] | Yes, go on. | 好的 继续 |
[1:37:23] | Well, I made a 900-dollar profit selling a boat and a motor. | 在卖一艘船和发动机时 我拿了900美元的好处 |
[1:37:27] | I didn’t pay the taxes. it’s the same as stealing. | 没有缴税 和偷盗一样恶劣 |
[1:37:32] | Yes, fine. | 好的 没关系的 |
[1:37:34] | Oh, lastly… | 最后… |
[1:37:37] | …i was never very close with my two sons. | …我从未和我的两个儿子亲近过 |
[1:37:42] | I don’t know them. I didn’t know how. | 我不了解他们 不知道该怎么相处 |
[1:37:47] | That’s it? | 就这些吗 |
[1:37:49] | That’s it? it’s bothered me most of my life. | 就这些 就这些已经困扰了我大半生了 |
[1:37:56] | Say 10 “hail marys” and five “our fathers.” | 说10遍”万福玛利亚” 5遍”我的天父” |
[1:37:59] | God loves you and forgives you, and I absolve you of all your sins. | 上帝爱你 宽恕你 我宣布你无罪 |
[1:38:04] | In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. | 以圣父 圣子和圣灵的名义 |
[1:38:09] | Thank you, padre. | 谢谢你 神父 |
[1:38:15] | Are you going to retaliate for what happened to sue? | 你会去为苏报仇吗 |
[1:38:19] | I’m going over to that house today, mr. kowalski. | 我今天要去那房子那 科瓦尔斯基先生 |
[1:38:21] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[1:38:22] | It is. | 是的 |
[1:38:23] | And every other day until you see the folly in what you’re planning. | 我每天都会去 知道你停止计划做傻事 |
[1:38:27] | -busy day. gotta go. -go in peace. | -我很忙 要走了 -要冷静 |
[1:38:32] | Oh, I am at peace. | 我很冷静 |
[1:38:37] | Jesus christ. | 上帝啊 |
[1:38:53] | So which one’s mine? | 哪个是我的 |
[1:38:57] | You ever fired a weapon before? | 你以前开过枪吗 |
[1:39:00] | No. | 没 |
[1:39:04] | Well, why don’t you put that one down? | 干嘛不把它放下 |
[1:39:06] | And I got something I wanna show you. come on. | 给你看些东西 来 |
[1:39:09] | What? | 什么东西 |
[1:39:14] | 1952, we were sent up to take out a chink machine-gun nest. | 1952年 我们被派去捣毁一个武器库 |
[1:39:20] | Been shredding us up pretty good. | 我们被打惨了 |
[1:39:22] | I was the only one that came back that day. | 我是那天唯一幸存回来的人 |
[1:39:25] | For that, they gave me a silver star. here it is. | 因此 他们给我发了个勋章 就是这个 |
[1:39:30] | Here. I want you to have it. | 给你 拿着它 |
[1:39:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:39:36] | Why? because we all knew the dangers that night, but we went anyway. | 为什么 因为我们都知道今晚很危险 但必须去 |
[1:39:40] | That’s the way it might be tonight. | 很可能今晚会全军覆没 |
[1:39:42] | There’s always a chance you don’t come back. | 很有可能你再也回不来了 |
[1:39:45] | The hell we won’t. we’re gonna roll up in there and tear some ass. | 才不会 我们要冲进去 撕碎他们 |
[1:39:48] | That’s foolish. that’s the exact reaction they’re waiting for. | 太蠢了 他们正等着你这么做呢 |
[1:39:52] | Go ahead and close this up. | 拿着它 盖上箱子 |
[1:39:54] | -how many? -how many what? | -有多少 -多少什么 |
[1:39:58] | How many men did you kill in korea? | 在朝鲜你杀过多少人 |
[1:40:01] | -thirteen. maybe more. -what was it like to kill a man? | -13 可能更多 -杀人感觉如何 |
[1:40:07] | You don’t wanna know. | 你不会想知道的 |
[1:40:10] | Now close it up. | 盖上箱子 |
[1:40:27] | Walt. walt. what are you doing? | 沃尔特 你在干什么 |
[1:40:31] | -what are you doing? -relax. you can’t get out of there. | -你在干什么 -放松 你不能出去 |
[1:40:36] | You let me out right now. let me out. | 快让我出去 让我出去 |
[1:40:38] | -fucking let me out or I’ll fucking kill you. -shut the fuck up. | -快他妈让我出去 否则我杀了你 -闭嘴 |
[1:40:42] | You wanna know what it’s like to kill a man? | 你想知道杀人的感觉怎么样吗 |
[1:40:44] | Well, it’s goddamn awful, that’s what it is. | 太他妈可怕了 真的 |
[1:40:47] | The only thing worse is getting a medal… | 更糟的是还得到勋章… |
[1:40:49] | …for killing some poor kid that wanted to just give up, that’s all. | …因为杀掉那些手无寸铁的穷孩子 就是这样 |
[1:40:53] | Yeah, some scared little gook just like you. | 当然 还有像你一样的吓坏了的小屁孩 |
[1:40:56] | I shot him in the face with that | 我就用你刚才拿过的那支来复枪 |
[1:40:58] | Rifle you were holding in there a while ago. | 打爆他们的头 |
[1:41:00] | Not a day goes by that I don’t think about it, | 我这一生无时不刻会想起那些场景 |
[1:41:02] | And you don’t want that on your soul. | 你心底绝不会想烙下这样的印象的 |
[1:41:05] | Now, I got blood on my hands. I’m soiled. | 现在 我已双手沾满鲜血了 很肮脏 |
[1:41:07] | That’s why I’m going it alone tonight. | 所以我今晚要一个人去 |
[1:41:11] | Walt. you take me with you right now. let me out! | 沃尔特 带上我 让我出去 |
[1:41:15] | Look, you’ve come a long way. I’m proud to say that you’re my friend… | 听着 你还有很长的路要走 很自豪能称你为朋友 |
[1:41:20] | …but you got your whole life ahead of you. but me, I finish things. | 但你还有一生要走 而我 已经到头了 |
[1:41:24] | That’s what I do. and I’m going it alone. | 所以我这么做 一个人去 |
[1:41:28] | No. wait! walt! walt! | 不 等等 沃尔特 沃尔特 |
[1:41:32] | Walt! walt! walt! | 沃尔特 沃尔特 沃尔特 |
[1:41:50] | Look, I need you to watch my dog. | 听着 我想让你帮我看好狗 |
[1:41:55] | Yeah, I love you too. | 是的 我也爱你 |
[1:42:03] | Yeah, she’s old too. | 没错 她也老了 |
[1:42:06] | Bye-bye, sweetheart. take it easy. her name is daisy. | 再见 甜心 放松点 她名叫戴西 |
[1:42:28] | -hello? -it’s walt. | -喂 -我是沃尔特 |
[1:42:30] | The keys to my house are under the ceramic turtle on the porch. | 我家门的钥匙在门廊上的瓷海龟下面 |
[1:42:33] | Let yourself in. your brother’s in the basement. I gotta go. | 你进去 你弟弟在地下室 我走了 |
[1:42:53] | Sorry, father, we have to go. | 抱歉 神父 我们得走了 |
[1:42:57] | I’m telling you, if we’re not here, there will be bloodshed. | 我说过 如果我们离开 这里会发生血案的 |
[1:43:00] | We’ve been here for hours. | 我们已经在这待了几个小时了 |
[1:43:02] | We can’t afford to anchor a unit to one location. | 我们不能在一个区一直待下去 |
[1:43:05] | I’m begging you to stay. | 我请求你们留下 |
[1:43:07] | Just got word from my sergeant. we’re pulling the plug. | 上头发话了 我们得走了 |
[1:43:10] | -i’m staying. -no, you aren’t. | -我要留下 -不 不行 |
[1:43:14] | We have specific orders. you came with us, you’re leaving with us. | 我们有特别命令 你和我们一起来 就得一起走 |
[1:43:18] | Watch your head. | 小心碰头 |
[1:43:30] | Sue. over here. over here. | 苏 这儿 我在这儿 |
[1:43:33] | -come unlock this. -what’s going on? | -开门 -怎么了 |
[1:43:34] | He left without me. he went to smokie’s without me. | 他丢下我走了 他一个人去狸猫家了 |
[1:43:39] | Thao! | 邵 |
[1:44:06] | What the fuck, man? | 搞他妈什么啊 兄弟 |
[1:44:11] | Any swamp rats in there? | 混账崽子们在家吗 |
[1:44:15] | -i didn’t think your ass would’ve came. -shut up, gook. | -真想不到你个老不死的敢来 -闭嘴 白痴 |
[1:44:19] | I got nothing to say to you, shrimp-dick midget like you. | 我和你们没话说 你们这些毛头鼠辈 |
[1:44:26] | Yeah, yeah. you go ahead, watch out for your boyfriend. | 好 好 来啊 照顾好你玻璃 |
[1:44:30] | Because it was either he or you or | 因为不管是他还是你或者谁 |
[1:44:33] | Someone who raped one of their own family. | 都曾经乱伦过 |
[1:44:35] | Your own blood, for chrissake. | 强暴你们自己的血脉 看在上帝的份上 |
[1:44:39] | Now, go ahead and pull those pistols like miniature cowboys. | 现在 来吧 胆小鬼们 拿起你们的武器 |
[1:44:43] | -go ahead. -so where’s thao at? | -来啊 -邵在哪里 |
[1:44:45] | -that pussy motherfucker couldn’t come? -don’t worry about thao. | -那个娘娘腔不敢来了吗 -别操心邵 |
[1:44:49] | Thao’s got not one second for you. | 邵没空搭理你们 |
[1:44:53] | Says who? you? | 谁在说话 你 |
[1:44:57] | What the fuck you gonna do, old man? | 你他妈想要干什么 老头儿 |
[1:45:02] | What you gonna do… | 你想干什么… |
[1:45:03] | -…punk ass old man? -bitch. | -老不死的 -王八蛋 |
[1:45:05] | -kind of jumpy, aren’t we? -shut the fuck up. | -有点紧张啊 不是吗 -你他妈闭嘴 |
[1:45:09] | You shut the fuck up. | 你他妈给我闭嘴 |
[1:45:22] | -got a light? -what the fuck? | -有火吗 -搞鸟啊 |
[1:45:29] | No. | 没有 |
[1:45:32] | Me. I’ve got a light. | 我 我有火 |
[1:45:39] | Hail mary, full of grace. | 万福玛利亚 满怀慈悲 |
[1:46:47] | -yes, sergeant. -what happened? | -是 长官 -出什么事了 |
[1:46:50] | -you need to step back. -he’s a friend of mine. | -退后 -他是我的朋友 |
[1:46:52] | I said, step back. | 我说了 退后 |
[1:46:55] | Hey, did you hear him? step back. | 没听他说吗 退后 |
[1:46:58] | -what happened? -hey, step back. | -发生什么事了 -退后 |
[1:47:01] | He’s my friend. | 他是我朋友 |
[1:47:03] | Please, it’s important. | 求你了 对我很重要 |
[1:47:17] | Officer chang! get those people back. | 常警官 让他们退后 |
[1:47:19] | You have to step back now, okay? | 你得退后 明白吗 |
[1:47:41] | Get them the fuck out of here. get them out of here. | 带他们走 带他们离开这 |
[1:49:22] | Walt kowalski once said to me that | 沃尔特·科瓦尔斯基曾经说我 |
[1:49:24] | I didn’t know anything about life or death… | 不知道生死为何物… |
[1:49:27] | …because I was an over-educated, 27-year-old virgin… | …因为我不过是个27岁的书呆子处男… |
[1:49:32] | Who held the hands of superstitious old women and promised them eternity. | 握着那些迷信老妪的手 为她们承诺永恒 |
[1:49:37] | Walt definitely had no problem calling it like he saw it… | 沃尔特当然可以这么说 |
[1:49:41] | …but he was right. | …而他是对的 |
[1:49:43] | I knew really nothing about life or death until I got to know walt. | 在了解沃尔特前 我确实对生死一无所知 |
[1:49:50] | And, boy, did I learn. | 而现在 我学到了 |
[1:49:58] | “and I wanna leave my house to the | 我要把我的房子留给教堂 |
[1:50:00] | Church because dorothy would’ve liked it.” | 因为桃乐西会希望这样的 |
[1:50:06] | Now, which brings us to our last item, and again… | 现在 来听最后一项 请再次… |
[1:50:08] | …please excuse the language in mr. kowalski’s will. | …谅解科瓦尔斯基先生做出的决定 |
[1:50:11] | I’m simply reading it the way it was written. | 我就按写的读了 |
[1:50:16] | “and I’d like to leave my 1 972 gran torino… | 我想要把我1972年的老爷车… |
[1:50:26] | …to my friend… | …留给我的朋友… |
[1:50:29] | …thao vang lor… | …邵旺洛… |
[1:50:33] | On the condition that you don’t | 要求是 你不能 |
[1:50:34] | Chop-top the roof like one of those beaners… | 把车顶卸掉 搞成白痴的敞篷车 |
[1:50:37] | …don’t paint any idiotic flames on it like some white-trash hillbilly… | 也不能像那些乡巴佬一样把车喷上火焰图案 |
[1:50:42] | …and don’t put a big, gay spoiler on the rear end… | 车后座也不能拉那些胖基佬 |
[1:50:45] | …like you see on all the other zipperheads’ cars. | 就像通常看到的那些刺头儿的车一样 |
[1:50:48] | It just looks like hell. | 看起来太倒胃口了 |
[1:50:49] | If you can refrain from doing any of that, it’s yours.” | 如果你能保证这些 它就归你了 |