英文名称:Good Will Hunting
年代:1997
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:34] | Mod f-x-square, d-x. | FX平方 DX |
[03:39] | So please finish Percival for next time. | 下次上课前请做完 |
[03:43] | I know many of you had this as undergraduates, | 我知道你们中很多人大学时都学过 |
[03:47] | but it won’t hurt to brush up. | 但复习一下也无妨 |
[03:51] | Thank you, Steven. | 谢谢 史蒂芬 |
[03:54] | I also put an advanced Fourier system on the main hallway chalkboard. | 走廊黑板上有高级傅立叶算式 |
[03:59] | I’m hoping that one of you might prove it by the end of the semester. | 希望学期结束前有人会解 |
[04:02] | Now the person to do so will not only be in my good graces… | 解出来的人不只有好成绩… |
[04:05] | but also go on to fame and fortune… | 还可因此纪录名利双收… |
[04:08] | by having their accomplishment recorded and their name printed… | 他的成绩记录和大名… |
[04:11] | in the auspicious M.I.T. Tech. | 将流传于麻省理工学院 |
[04:13] | Former winners include Nobel laureates, Field’s medal winners… | 之前解答包括诺贝尔奖得主 菲尔兹奖得主… |
[04:18] | renowned astrophysicists and lowly M.I.T. professors. | 天文物理学家 还有卑贱的麻省理工教授 |
[04:23] | Well, that’s all. If you have any questions… | 就这样 如果有问题… |
[04:26] | I’m sure that Tom has the answers. | 我相信汤姆会解答 |
[05:06] | Hi, Will. | 威尔 |
[05:07] | -Kirsten, how you doing? -I’m all right. How are you? | -克里斯汀 你好吗 -很好 你呢 |
[05:09] | -Good. -I didn’t get on Cathy last night. | -好 -我昨晚没上凯西 |
[05:13] | -No? -No. | -没有 -没有 |
[05:14] | -Why not? -I don’t know. | -为什么 -不知道 |
[05:15] | -Cathy! -What? | -凯西 -干嘛 |
[05:18] | Why didn’t you give me none of that nasty little hoochie-woochie… | 为什么不像平时那样… |
[05:20] | -you usually throw at me? -Oh, fuck you… | -让我爽歪歪 -去你的… |
[05:23] | and your Irish curse, Chuckie. | 还有你的爱尔兰脏话 |
[05:25] | Like I’d waste my energy spreading my legs for that Tootsie Roll dick? | 我才不要吃饱饭为了你的小老二张开腿 |
[05:29] | -Go home and give it a tug yourself. -Tootsie Roll! | -回家自己打手枪去吧 -小老二 |
[05:33] | T-Toots! | 小老二 |
[05:35] | She’s missing a tooth, Will. | 她少一颗牙 威尔 |
[05:38] | She’s got skin problems. I don’t… | 她皮肤也有问题 我… |
[05:41] | Plus, it’s like 5-to-2 Morgan ends up marrying her, you know what I mean? | 况且到头来摩根八成会娶她 你知道我什么意思 |
[05:44] | There’s only so many times you can bang your friend’s future wife. | 朋友的准老婆只能上几次 |
[05:47] | It’s wrong. Where you going? | 错了 你去哪 |
[05:50] | -I’m gonna take off. -Fuck you, you’re taking off. It’s, like, what, 10:00? | -我要走了 -我操 才十点就要走 |
[05:54] | No, I’m tired. | 我累了 |
[05:59] | Irish curse? | 爱尔兰脏话 |
[06:01] | She don’t know. There are’nt no Irish curse. | 她懂什么 根本没有爱尔兰脏话 |
[07:11] | Out! Stop pressuring me back. | 别老故意打到我 |
[07:14] | Stop crowding the plate! Which one will it be? | 不要再靠近本垒板 是哪一样 |
[07:21] | You’re gonna get charged, you know that? | 你会被起诉 你知道吗 |
[07:23] | You think I’m afraid of you, you big fuck? You’re crowding the fucking plate. | 你以为我怕你啊 是你他妈的太靠近本垒板 |
[07:26] | Hey, uh, Casey’s bouncing up a bar at Harvard next week. | 盖西下礼拜会在哈佛的酒吧 |
[07:30] | We should go up there. | 我们应该去 |
[07:31] | -What are we gonna do up there? -I don’t know. | -到那边干嘛 -不知道 |
[07:33] | We’ll fuck up some smart kids. Probably fit right in. | 去整聪明小孩 你很擅长 |
[07:39] | Ow! Fucking punk. | 臭痞子 |
[07:42] | -Oh, what’s up? You still tough? -Come on! | -怎样 你很凶吗 -来啊 |
[07:46] | Come on. Come on. That’s it. | 来啊 对 约翰 来啊 |
[07:50] | 麻省理工学院校友会 | |
[07:59] | -Professor Lambeau? -Yes? | -蓝勃教授 -有何贵干 |
[08:01] | I’m in your applied theories class. | 我是你的应用理论课学生 |
[08:03] | We’re all up at the math and science building. | 我们都是数学和科技学院的 |
[08:04] | Come here. It’s Saturday. | 过来 今天礼拜六 |
[08:09] | -Unless you wanna have a drink with me tonight. -Maybe. | -除非你今晚陪我喝酒 -或许吧 |
[08:12] | We just couldn’t wait until Monday to find out. | 但我们急着想弄清楚 |
[08:14] | -Find out what? -Who proved the theorem. | -弄清楚什么 -是谁解出傅立叶算式 |
[08:39] | This is correct. Who did this? | 完全正确 谁解的 |
[08:44] | -Jack? -It wasn’t me. | -杰克 -不是我 |
[08:46] | -Nemesh? -N-No way. | -尼米许 -不可能 |
[08:53] | Come on, Joey, now! | 快点 乔依 快跑 |
[08:54] | Billy, McNamara’s up. | 比利 麦克马拉要上了 |
[08:56] | Come on, kid! | 放马过来 小子 |
[08:58] | -Joey, dig it out! Dig it out! -Son of a bitch! | -乔依 拿下 拿下 -杂种 |
[09:01] | Bring it down, Mac! That’s how to do it! | 快放下 麦克 这样才对 |
[09:02] | Attaboy! Take two, Mac. | 做得好 二垒 往二垒跑 |
[09:07] | Hey, Morgan, who’s the girl with the striped pants? She’s got a nice ass. | 摩根 穿条纹裤的俏屁股女人是谁 那屁股真不赖 |
[09:12] | -Yeah, that’s a real nice ass. -Who’s the guy she’s with? | -嗯 屁股不赖 -她跟谁一起 |
[09:15] | That fucking guinea. I hate that little bitch. Will knows him. | 是他妈的卡迈 我讨厌他 威尔认识他 |
[09:18] | Yeah, I do. Yeah, fucking Carmine Scarpaglia. | 是的 他妈的卡迈 |
[09:21] | -That guy used to beat the shit out of me in kindergarten. -That guy? | -他幼稚园时把我揍得好惨 -那个人 |
[09:24] | Yeah. Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[09:26] | Fuck this. Let’s get some food. | 操他妈的 去弄点东西吃吧 |
[09:29] | -Oh, what, Morgan, you’re not gonna go talk to her? -Fuck her. | -摩根 你不跟她讲话吗 -去她的 |
[09:33] | -I could go for a Whopper. -Let’s go to Kelly’s. | -我宁可吃大汉堡 -到”凯利”去吧 |
[09:36] | Morgan, I’m not going to Kelly’s just because you like the take-out girl. | 我才不要去 你只是喜欢那儿的外卖女孩 |
[09:39] | It’s 15 minutes out of our way. | 而且要多绕15分钟路 |
[09:40] | What the fuck are we gonna do? We can’t spare 15 minutes? | 那他妈的有什么事可以做 挪不出15分钟吗 |
[09:45] | Double burger. | 大汉堡 |
[09:46] | Double burger. | 大汉堡 |
[09:49] | Double burger. | 大汉堡 |
[09:51] | Chuck, I had a double burger. | 查克 我有点大汉堡 |
[09:54] | Would you shut the fuck up! I know what you ordered. I was there. | 闭嘴 我知道你点什么 |
[09:57] | So give me my fucking sandwich. | 那就把我的三明治给我 |
[09:59] | What do you mean, your sandwich? I bought it. | 什么叫你的三明治 是我买的 |
[10:00] | Morgan, how much money you got on you? | 摩根 你身上有多少钱 |
[10:02] | I said I’d get change when I get the snow cone. | 买霜淇淋就会有零钱了嘛 |
[10:05] | I said that when we pulled up. Give me my sandwich and stop being a prick. | 停车后 把汉堡给我 别这么讨厌 |
[10:09] | All right, well, give me your fucking 16 cents that you got on you now. | 好 把身上的一毛六给我 |
[10:12] | We’ll put your fucking sandwich on layaway. | 我让你他妈的分期付款买汉堡 |
[10:15] | Here we go. Keep it right up here for ya. | 汉堡摆这边 |
[10:16] | We’ll put you on a program. Every day you come in here with your six cents. | 让你分期付款 每天六分钱 |
[10:19] | -At the end of the week, you get your sandwich. -Are you gonna be an asshole? | -周末给你汉堡 -你怎么这么恶劣 |
[10:22] | What am I, fucking sandwich welfare? | 你他妈的以为我卖慈济汉堡啊 |
[10:25] | I think you should establish a good line of credit. | 你应该建立良好信用 |
[10:27] | Like how you bought your couch… payment plans. | 对 就像你们买沙发那样…分期付款 |
[10:29] | Remember how your mother brought in ten dollars every day for a year. | 记得你妈每天存十块钱吗 |
[10:33] | She finally got her couch Rent-A-Center style. | 最后她终于买到沙发了 |
[10:35] | -Can I have my food, please? -Here’s your fucking double burger. | -可以把食物给我了吗 -把你的大汉堡拿去 |
[10:40] | -Whoa! -Hey, hold up, Chuck. | -哇 -等等 查克 |
[10:42] | -Slow it down. -Who do we got? | -慢下来 -怎么了 |
[10:45] | -I don’t know yet. -Hey, douche bag! | -还不知道 -傻帽 |
[10:47] | Yeah, you, you skank face! | 你 你个混蛋 |
[10:49] | -Shut the fuck up. -Get outta here. -What are you worried about? | -他妈的闭嘴 -下去 -你担心什么 |
[10:54] | Why don’t you lick my love stick? | 你要舔舔我的小鸡巴吗 |
[10:56] | We seen the guy 15 minutes ago. | 15分钟前才在公园看到他 |
[10:58] | We should’ve fight him then. We’re eating our snacks now. | 当时就该扁他了 现在是吃零食的时间 |
[11:01] | Shut up, Morgan, you’re going. | 闭嘴 摩根 你也下去 |
[11:02] | -I’m not going. -So don’t go. | -我才不去 -那就别去 |
[11:03] | -I’m not going. -Fucking go, Morgan. | -我不去 -你他妈的给我去 摩根 |
[11:07] | Let me tell you something. If you’re not out there in two fucking seconds, | 我跟你讲 两秒内不滚出去 |
[11:10] | when I’m done with them, you’re next. | 等我扁完他们 就扁你 |
[11:11] | Carmine, it’s me, Will. Remember, | 卡迈 是我 威尔 记得吗 |
[11:14] | we went to kindergarten together. | 我们是幼稚园同学 |
[11:30] | -Fucking, let’s go, man. -Step on his fucking head. | -妈的 快走 兄弟 -踩烂他的脸 |
[11:33] | Get his ass on the ground. Stop that motherfucker. | 让他屁股着地 叫那家伙住手 混蛋 |
[11:44] | Motherfucker, die! | 混蛋 去死吧 |
[11:46] | -Carter! -Come on! | -卡特 -快走 |
[12:00] | Will! Will, come on! | 威尔 威尔 快走 |
[12:04] | Will, come on. Let’s go. Let’s go. | 威尔 条子 快走 快走 |
[12:09] | Easy, brother, easy. | 别激动 别激动 |
[12:11] | -Hey, fellas, thanks for coming out. -Come here! | -谢谢你们出来 -过来 |
[12:14] | Whoa! Whoa! | 哇 哇 |
[12:22] | Ah. Fuck. | 操 |
[12:30] | Is it just my imagination, or has my class grown considerably? | 我这是做梦 还是班级变大了 |
[12:35] | Well, by no stretch of my imagination… | 不出意料的话… |
[12:38] | do I believe you’ve all come here to hear me lecture. | 你们是来听我讲课 |
[12:41] | Rather, to ascertain the identity of the mystery math magician. | 或想知道神秘数学奇才是谁 |
[12:46] | So without further adieu, come forward, silent rogue, and receive thy prize. | 别再不告而别 沉默的天才 出来领奖吧 |
[13:01] | Well, I’m sorry to disappoint my spectators, but… | 抱歉让观众失望了 但是… |
[13:05] | it seems there will be no unmasking here today. | 看来今天不会揭晓了 |
[13:08] | However, uh, my colleagues and l have conferred, | 我和同事决定再下战帖 |
[13:12] | and there is a problem on the board right now… | 外面黑板上有个题目… |
[13:15] | that took us more than two years to prove. | 我们花了两年时间才解开 |
[13:18] | So let this be said: The gauntlet has been thrown down, | 请沉默的天才再解解看 |
[13:22] | but the faculty have answered and answered with vigor. | 全体教授已备有解答 |
[13:39] | Hey, when’s the arraignment? | 几时提讯 |
[13:41] | Next week. | 下星期 |
[14:08] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:11] | -What are you doing? -Sorry. | -你在做什么 -对不起 |
[14:14] | That’s people’s work. You can’t graffiti here. | 那是别人的劳动 你不能在人家的方程式上涂鸦 |
[14:17] | -Don’t you walk away from me! -Hey, fuck you! | -你别走 -去你的 |
[14:19] | Oh, you’re a clever one. What’s your name? | 别耍聪明 你叫什么名字 |
[14:45] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[14:54] | Looks right. | 好像是对的 |
[15:11] | Will, how retarded do you gotta be to get fired from that job? | 要多智障才会被开除 |
[15:14] | I mean, how hard is it to push a motherfucking broom around? | 我是说 在屋子里扫地有那么难吗 |
[15:17] | Mitch, you got fired from pushing a fucking broom. | 麦琪 你连扫地都会被开除 |
[15:19] | I got fired because management was restructuring. | 那是因为管理阶层重组 |
[15:22] | Yeah, restructuring the amount of retards they had working for them. | 对 重组智障儿的数量 |
[15:24] | Shut up. You get canned more than tuna, bitch. | 闭嘴 你被开除的次数更多 |
[15:27] | At least I got a motherfucking job right now, don’t I? | 起码现在我有工作 不是吗 |
[15:30] | -Why’d you get fired, Will? Come on. -Management was restructuring. | -威尔 你为何被开除 快说 -管理阶级重组 |
[15:36] | -My uncle could probably get you on a demo team. -Can he do that? | -我舅舅或许能给你工作 -他可以帮我吗 |
[15:39] | You kidding me! I asked you yesterday if I could get a job. | 你耍我 我昨天还问过你 |
[15:41] | And I told you “no” yesterday. | 我昨天告诉你”不行” |
[15:43] | What’s up, Casey? | 怎么样 盖斯 |
[15:44] | -What’s up, Case? -What’s up, Big Case? | -怎么样 盖斯 -怎么样 盖斯 |
[15:49] | Let’s sit over here. | 坐这边 |
[15:52] | All right. Let’s go. | 好的 走吧 |
[15:58] | Oh, this is… this is a Harvard bar, huh? | 这就是…这就是哈佛酒吧 |
[16:02] | I thought there’d be, like, equations and shit on the wall. | 我以为墙上会有方程式呢 |
[16:06] | I will take a pitcher of the finest lager in the house. | 我要一壶店里最好的啤酒 |
[16:17] | Timeout. I’m gonna have to bust a little move on | 暂停 我要去泡 |
[16:19] | them Harvard hotties down there at the bar. | 吧台的哈佛辣妹 |
[16:21] | -Work some magic. -Get some potion for us. | -干得漂亮点 -帮我们也钓几个 |
[16:40] | -Oh, hello. -Oh, hello. | -哈罗 -哈罗 |
[16:43] | -Hi. How are ya? -Fine. | -你好吗 -好 |
[16:46] | -So, do you ladies, uh… -Come here often? | -那么 两位美女…-常来吗 |
[16:48] | Do I come here? I come here a bit. | 我常来吗 我很少到这里 |
[16:50] | I’m here, you know, from time to time. | 你知道 我只是偶尔来 |
[16:53] | -Do you go to school here? -Yep. | -你们在这儿念书 -对 |
[16:55] | Yeah, that’s it. I think I had a class with you. | 就是嘛 我想我跟你同班 |
[16:59] | Oh, yeah. What class? | 是吗 哪一班 |
[17:01] | -History. -Maybe. | -历史 -或许 |
[17:03] | Yes, I think that’s what it was. | 应该没错 |
[17:05] | You don’t necessarily… may not remember me. You know, I like it here. | 你可能…不记得我 你知道 我喜欢这里 |
[17:08] | It doesn’t mean because I go here, I’m a genius. I am very smart. | 我来这边并不表示我是天才 但我还是很聪明 |
[17:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:13] | -Hey, how’s it going? How are ya? -Good. How ya doing? | -过的怎样 你好吗 -好 你呢 |
[17:14] | What class did you say that was? | 你说你在哪一班 |
[17:17] | -History. -Yeah. | -历史 -对 |
[17:19] | Just history? It must have been a survey course then. | 单单历史 那一定是概论课程 |
[17:23] | -Yeah, it was. It was surveys. -Right. | -对 是概论课程 -好的 |
[17:25] | You should check it out. It’s a good course. It’d be a good class. | 你应该上上看 不错的课程 不错的班级 |
[17:27] | -How’d you like that course? -You know, frankly, | -你觉得那堂课怎么样 -老实说 |
[17:32] | -I found that class, you know, rather elementary. -Elementary. | -我觉得相当基础 -基础 |
[17:35] | -You know, I don’t doubt that it was. -Yeah. | -肯定是的 -嗯 |
[17:37] | I, uh, I remember that class. | 我记得那堂课了 |
[17:40] | It was, um… It was just between recess and lunch. | 就…就在休息和午餐之间 |
[17:43] | Clark, why don’t you go away? | 克拉克 你走开啦 |
[17:46] | -Why don’t you relax? -Why don’t you go away? | -放轻松点 -走开啦 |
[17:48] | -I’m just having fun with my new friend. -Are we gonna have a problem? | -我跟我的新朋友很开心 -有什么问题吗 |
[17:51] | No, no, no, no. There’s no problem here. | 不 不 不 没问题 |
[17:54] | I was just hoping you might give me some insight into the evolution… | 只是想请教你对于市场经济… |
[17:57] | of the market economy in the southern colonies. | 在南部殖民地发展的看法 |
[18:01] | My contention is that prior to the Revolutionary War, the economic modalities… | 我主张在革命战争前… |
[18:06] | especially in the southern colonies… | 南方殖民地的经济形态… |
[18:09] | could most aptly be characterized as… | 最适合被刻画为… |
[18:12] | -agrarian precapitalist. -Let me tell you something. | -农地 -让我跟你说两句 |
[18:14] | Of course that’s your contention. You’re a first-year grad student. | 那当然是你的论点 新生嘛 |
[18:16] | You just got finished reading some Marxian historian… | 才刚念完马克思主义… |
[18:18] | Pete Garrison, probably… | 也许念到皮特·盖瑞森… |
[18:20] | You’re gonna be convinced of that till next month when you get to James Lemon. | 下个月念到雷蒙的论点 你会更深信不疑 |
[18:22] | Then you’re gonna be talking about | 然后你会谈到 |
[18:23] | how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania… | 维吉尼亚州及宾夕法尼亚州… |
[18:26] | were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. | 在1740年如何企业化与资本主义化 |
[18:29] | That’s gonna last until next year. | 一直持续到 |
[18:30] | You’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, | 明年你反刍伍德 |
[18:32] | talking about, you know, the prerevolutionary utopia… | 大谈革命前乌托邦… |
[18:35] | and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization. | 和军事动员对资本形成的影响 |
[18:39] | Well, as a matter of fact, I won’t, | 事实上我反对这个观点 |
[18:41] | because Wood drastically underestimates the impact of… | 因为伍德完全低估了… |
[18:44] | Wood drastically underestimates the impact of social distinctions… | 伍德低估了社会财富的差异… |
[18:48] | predicated upon wealth, especially inherited wealth. | 尤其是继承财富 |
[18:51] | You got that from Vickers’ Work in | 这是你从维克斯读到的论点 |
[18:53] | Essex County. Page 98, right? | “艾群就业分析” 98页 对吗 |
[18:55] | I read that too. Were you gonna plagiarize the whole thing for us? | 我也读过 你要剽窃整本书吗 |
[18:58] | Do you have any thoughts of your own on this matter? | 对这些论点你有个人想法吗 |
[19:02] | Or is that your thing? You come into a bar. You read some obscure passage. | 你动过脑子吗 你跑到酒吧来 高谈书中的论点 |
[19:05] | Then pretend… pawn it off as your own. | 还假装…是自己的观点 |
[19:08] | As your own idea just to impress some girls? Embarrass my friend? | 就为了泡妞 糗我朋友吗 |
[19:12] | See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years, | 可悲的是在五十年后 |
[19:15] | you’re gonna start doing some thinking on your own. | 你才会开始了解 |
[19:17] | You’re gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. | 生命中有两件事是确定的 |
[19:20] | One: Don’t do that. | 一 是别只会打高空 |
[19:22] | And two: You dropped 150 grand on a fucking education… | 二 你花一万五所受的教育… |
[19:25] | you could’ve got for $1.50 in late charges at the public library. | 用一块五就能在图书馆得到 |
[19:30] | Yeah, but I will have a degree, | 对 但我会有文凭 |
[19:33] | and you’ll be serving my kids fries at a drive through | 你却只能在我去滑雪胜地途中 |
[19:36] | on our way to a skiing trip. | 卖薯条给我的小孩 |
[19:38] | Maybe, but at least I won’t be unoriginal. | 或许吧 起码我不会没创意 |
[19:41] | If you have a problem with that, we could step outside. We could figure it out. | 不爽的话可以到外面解决 |
[19:46] | No, man, there’s no problem. It’s cool. | 不 没事 很酷 |
[19:50] | -It’s cool? -Yeah. | -酷 -对 |
[19:52] | -Cool. -Damn right, it’s cool. | -对 -你他妈的酷毙了 |
[19:55] | How do you like me now? | 现在喜欢我了吧 |
[20:01] | My boy’s wicked smart. | 那小子聪明绝顶 |
[20:03] | I just spent three minutes in this fucking place and run into a barney, huh? | 才来三分钟就摆平一个傻蛋 嗯哼 |
[20:09] | There it is. | 有了 |
[20:11] | -Nice to meet you. -They were fine, man. | -你好 -他们不错 |
[20:13] | I was gonna close the deal, but then Chuck… | 我们差点就要把到她们 结果比利… |
[20:16] | Billy insulted one of them… | 触怒到她们当中一人… |
[20:18] | The heavyset girl said I had a receding hairline, | 辣妹就说我头快秃了 |
[20:20] | and I was a few pounds overweight. | 人又太胖 |
[20:21] | And I was, like, “Go fuck yourself.” | 我就说”去你妈的” |
[20:25] | I swallowed a bug. | 我什么都没说 |
[20:27] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[20:30] | -You’re an idiot. -What? | -你是个白痴 -什么 |
[20:33] | You’re an idiot. I’ve been sitting over there for 45 minutes… | 你是个白痴 我坐在那边45分钟… |
[20:35] | waiting for you to come and talk to me. | 等你过来跟我讲话 |
[20:37] | But I’m tired now, and I have to go home. | 但我累了 我得回家了 |
[20:39] | I couldn’t sit there anymore waiting for you. | 我不能再坐着等你 |
[20:42] | -I’m Will. -Skylar. | -我是威尔 -史凯兰 |
[20:44] | -Skylar. -Oh, and by the way, | -史凯兰 -对了 |
[20:46] | that guy over there… Michael Bolton clone… | 那个人…迈可波顿二号… |
[20:50] | He wasn’t sitting with us, so to speak. | 跟我们不是一国的 |
[20:52] | -I know. I kinda got that impression. -Good. Okay. | -我知道 我看得出来 -好的 |
[20:55] | Well, I’ve got to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:57] | Gotta get up early and waste some more money on my overpriced education. | 我要早起花钱买文凭 |
[21:01] | -No, I didn’t mean you. -That’s all right. | -我不是指你 -没关系 |
[21:04] | There’s my number. Maybe we can go out for coffee sometime. | 这是我的电话 也许有空可以喝杯咖啡 |
[21:07] | All right, yeah. Maybe we can just get together and eat a bunch of caramels. | 好 或许聚在一起吃焦糖 |
[21:11] | -What do you mean? -When you think about it, | -什么意思 -想想看 |
[21:13] | -it’s as arbitrary as drinking coffee. -Oh. Yeah. Okay. | -那和喝咖啡一样惬意 -是吗 好吧 |
[21:18] | Uh, right, then. | 那好 |
[21:21] | Oh, come on. You’re kidding. | 得了 你在开玩笑 |
[21:27] | Yo! | 哟 |
[21:29] | -Fuck you, bitch! -Fuck you. | -去你的 -我才去你的 |
[21:31] | -There goes them fucking barneys right now with his skiing trip. -Hold on. | -那些傻屌在那边 -等等 |
[21:35] | We should’ve beat that old bitch’s ass. | 我们应该扁那个混蛋 |
[21:44] | Do you like apples? | 你喜欢青苹果甜甜圈吗 |
[21:48] | -Yeah. -Yeah? | -喜欢 -喜欢 |
[21:51] | Well, I got her number! How do you like them apples? | 我得到她的电话了 你却只能吃甜甜圈 |
[22:53] | Excuse me? Is this the Buildings and Grounds office? | 打扰了 这是大楼管理室吗 |
[22:57] | Yeah. What can I do for you? | 是的 有何贵干 |
[22:59] | I just need the name of a student who works here. | 我要找个在这里打工的学生 |
[23:02] | -No students work for me. -Could you please check? | -没学生替我做事 -请你查一下好吗 |
[23:04] | I have this guy who works in my building. | 有个人在我那栋楼做事 |
[23:06] | -He’s about this high. -Which one is your building? | -个子大概这么高 -你是哪栋楼 |
[23:09] | -Two. -Two. Building two. | -二栋 -二栋 |
[23:18] | Look, if anything was stolen, I should know about it. | 如果有东西失窃 我该知道 |
[23:19] | No, it’s nothing like that. | 不是那样 |
[23:20] | I just need his name. | 我只是要找他 |
[23:22] | I can’t give you his name unless you have a complaint. | 除非你投诉 否则不能告诉你 |
[23:25] | This is Professor Lambeau. | 这位是蓝勃教授 |
[23:26] | And this is Professor Hayes. | 这位是海斯教授 |
[23:28] | Tom, please. | 汤姆 拜托 |
[23:33] | This is important. Please. | 这很重要 |
[23:37] | Will didn’t show for work today. | 他今天没上班 |
[23:39] | Got this job through his P.O. You can call him. | 他透过PO找到这份工作 你可以找到他 |
[23:43] | -P.O.? -Yeah. Parole officer. | -PO -对 观护人 |
[23:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:54] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[23:58] | There is a lengthy legal precedent, Your Honor, going back to 1789, | 法官先生 这溯及1789年的司法判例 |
[24:03] | whereby a defendant can claim self-defense against | 被告可对政府单位 |
[24:05] | an agent of the government… | 要求自卫权… |
[24:06] | if that act is deemed a defense against tyranny, a defense of liberty. | 如果该举动是为保护自由 抗拒暴政制裁的话 |
[24:10] | Your Honor, Henry Ward Beecher, | 法官先生 1887年比彻尔 |
[24:12] | -in Proverbs from the Plymouth Pulpit, 1887, said, quote… -1887? | -曾在普利茅斯讲道坛引述过…-1887 |
[24:16] | -Excuse me. -This is the 20th century. | -怎么了 -现在都20世纪了 |
[24:18] | He’s gonna make a mockery. | 他在嘲弄法庭 |
[24:20] | I am afforded the right to speak in my own defense, sir, | 宪法赋与我 |
[24:22] | by the Constitution of the United States. | 为自己辩护之权 |
[24:25] | -Don’t tell me about the Constitution. -This guarantees my liberty. | -别跟我扯宪法 -宪法保障了我的自由 |
[24:27] | “Liberty,” in case you’ve forgotten, is a soul’s right to breathe. | “自由” 也许你淡忘了 是一个人呼吸的权利 |
[24:29] | When it cannot take a long breath, laws are girded too tight. | 无法让人呼吸的法律太严肃 |
[24:32] | -Without liberty, man is a syncope. -Man is a what? | -不自由 人就是”行尸走肉” -什么 |
[24:34] | -Ibid., Your Honor. -Son, my turn. | -出处同前 法官先生 -轮到我了 |
[24:38] | I’ve been sitting here for ten minutes now looking over this rap sheet of yours. | 我在这坐了十分钟看着你的罪状 |
[24:42] | I just can’t believe it. June ’93, assault. | 我不敢相信 93年6月袭击罪 |
[24:46] | September ’93, assault. | 93年9月袭击罪 |
[24:49] | Grand theft auto, February of ’94. | 94年2月偷车罪 |
[24:52] | Where, apparently, you defended yourself and had the case thrown out by citing… | 你引述”马与马车的财产权”… |
[24:57] | “free property rights of horse and carriage” from 1798. | 并以自我辩护让此案驳回 |
[25:01] | Joke. January ’95, impersonating an officer. | 95年1月 扮成警察 |
[25:04] | Mayhem, theft, resisting. All overturned. | 伤害 窃盗 拒捕 全部驳回 |
[25:09] | I’m also aware that you’ve been through several foster homes. | 我知道你住过几个寄养家庭 |
[25:13] | The state removed you from three because of serious physical abuse. | 因受虐而从其中三个搬出 |
[25:17] | You know, another judge might care, but you hit a cop. You’re going in. | 别的法官是关心你 但你打警察 就得坐牢 |
[25:21] | Motion to dismiss is denied. $50,000 bail. | 不准提出抗告 保释金五万 |
[25:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:26] | Rise. | 起立 |
[25:30] | -Hello? -Uh, Skylar? | -喂 -史凯兰 |
[25:33] | -Yep. -Hey, uh, it’s Will. | -嗯 -我是威尔 |
[25:35] | -Who? -It’s Will. | -谁 -我是威尔 |
[25:37] | You know, the really funny, good-looking guy you met at the bar the other night. | 你前两天在酒吧碰到的幽默有形的帅哥 |
[25:40] | I don’t recall meeting anyone who matches | 我不记得有碰到这样的人 |
[25:42] | that description. I think I’d remember. | 我想起来了 |
[25:43] | Oh, all right, you got me. It’s the ugly, obnoxious, toothless loser… | 好吧 是那个丑陋无比又没牙… |
[25:47] | who got hammered and wouldn’t leave you alone all night. | 还整夜缠着你不放的废物 |
[25:49] | Oh, Will! I remember. | 威尔 我记起来了 |
[25:53] | How are you? I was wondering if you’d call me. | 你好吗 我还在想你会不会打来 |
[25:57] | -Yeah, look, I was wondering… -Yo, what’s up, baby? | -我一直在想…-怎么样 宝贝 |
[25:59] | -Hold on one second. -What you doing? Want some of my ass? | -稍等 -你要怎样 宝贝 想上我吗 |
[26:03] | Herve, I remember you from juvi. How you doing? | 赫芙 我记得在少年监狱见过你 你好吗 |
[26:06] | What you doing? | 干嘛 |
[26:06] | Oh, yeah, sorry about that. | 对不起 |
[26:09] | I was wondering maybe we could get together sometime this week. | 我在想也许这礼拜可以聚一聚 |
[26:12] | -Sit out at a cafe. Maybe have some caramels. -Oh, that sounds wonderful. | -坐在咖啡座 吃点焦糖 -听起来很棒 |
[26:16] | -Yeah? -Yeah, sure. Where are you? | -可以吗 -可以 你在哪里 |
[26:19] | Uh, well, actually, this is just a shot in the dark, | 我站的地方有点糟 |
[26:22] | but, uh, there’s no chance that you’re pre-law, is there? | 你那儿总不会是看守所吧 |
[26:30] | -Have a seat. -Thank you. | -坐 -谢谢 |
[26:33] | Nice talking to ya. | 很高兴跟你讲话 |
[26:38] | What the fuck do you want? | 你他妈的想干嘛 |
[26:40] | I’m Gerald Lambeau. | 我是杰洛蓝勃 |
[26:43] | Professor you told to fuck himself. | 你叫他滚蛋的那个教授 |
[26:47] | Well, what the fuck do you want? | 你他妈找我干嘛 |
[26:50] | I’ve spoken to the judge, | 我跟法官谈过 |
[26:51] | and he’s agreed to release you under my supervision. | 他同意在我监护之下放你出去 |
[26:54] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的 -是的 |
[27:02] | -Under two conditions. -What are those? | -但有两个条件 -哪两个 |
[27:05] | First condition is that you meet with me every week. | 第一个条件 你每周要跟我碰面 |
[27:07] | -What for? -Go over the proof you’re working on, | -做什么 -和你讨论数学 |
[27:11] | get into some more advanced… | 给你做些更高级的… |
[27:15] | combinatorial mathematics, | 组合数学 |
[27:18] | finite math. | 有限数学 |
[27:23] | Sounds like a real hoot. | 好像很有趣 |
[27:26] | And the second condition is that… | 第二个条件… |
[27:29] | that you see a therapist. | 你要看心理医生 |
[27:35] | I’m responsible to submit reports on those meetings. | 由我每周负责作评估报告 |
[27:39] | If you fail to meet with any of those conditions, you will have to serve time. | 如果你不及格 照样送你回来坐牢 |
[27:44] | All right. I’ll do the math, | 好 数学我接受 |
[27:46] | but I’m not gonna meet with any fucking therapist. | 但我不看去他的心理医生 |
[27:48] | It’s better than spending that time in jail, isn’t it? | 这总比蹲牢房好 不是吗 |
[28:56] | I read your book, and “Mike” was having the same problems… | 我看过你的书 你提到有个病人麦克的问题… |
[29:00] | that “Chad,” the stockbroker, was having. | 事实上和证券营业员查克一样 |
[29:03] | Absolutely right. Right on the button. Good for you, Will. | 完全正确 说得很准 很好 |
[29:06] | -Very nice. -Thank you. | -非常棒 -谢谢 |
[29:08] | Will, the pressures… and I’m not judging them. | 威尔 有关压力…我不是评头论足 |
[29:11] | I’m not labeling them, | 也不是武断地贴你标签 |
[29:14] | but they are destroying your potential. | 但它破坏了你的潜力 |
[29:17] | No more shenanigans. No more tomfoolery. No more ballyhoo. | 别再恶作剧 耍蠢 吹擂 |
[29:22] | You’re right. God, I know. | 你说得对 天哪 我知道 |
[29:27] | You’re not gonna get off that easily. Come on, Will. A bit more. | 要摆脱不容易 来 多讲点 |
[29:31] | Well, I mean, I do do things, you know? | 我有做过一些事 知道吗 |
[29:34] | What… What kind of things? | 哪…哪种事 |
[29:36] | I do things that, you know, I mean, I hide from people. | 我做过的 你知道 我躲避人群 |
[29:38] | You hide, do you? | 你躲避 |
[29:40] | No, no. I mean, I like… I go places. I interact. | 不 我是说 我也去一些地方交朋友 |
[29:44] | -Really? What sort of places? -Just certain clubs. | -真的 哪种地方 -一些酒吧 |
[29:46] | More. That’s nice. Yes. What sort of clubs? | 再来 很好 哪种酒吧 |
[29:48] | Like, uh, like Fantasy. | 像是”幻想” |
[29:51] | Fantasy. That’s nice. A bit more. | “幻想” 还不错的地方 再多讲点 |
[29:54] | It’s something like when you get in there, the music, like, owns you. | 一进去整个人就被音乐包围 |
[29:58] | It’s like that house music. It’s like… Bom, bom, bom | 浩势音乐 就像…砰 砰 砰 |
[30:00] | Bom-bom-bom Boom, boom, boom, boom | 砰-砰-砰 砰 砰 砰 砰 |
[30:03] | -You know, you start dancing. -Boom, boom, boom. Yeah. | -你就会开始跳舞 -砰 砰 砰 是的 |
[30:06] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[30:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:14] | Do you find it hard to hide the fact that you’re gay? | 隐瞒你是同性恋很难吗 |
[30:16] | What are you talking about? What? | 你在说什么 什么 |
[30:19] | Look, buddy, two seconds ago, you were ready to give me a jump. | 兄弟 两秒前你准备扑向我 |
[30:22] | A jump? Are you… | 扑 你… |
[30:26] | I’m terribly sorry to disappoint you. | 很抱歉让你失望了 |
[30:28] | Hey, I don’t have a problem with it. I don’t care if you putt from the rough. | 没关系 我不在乎你从后面上 |
[30:30] | What are you… P… Putting from the rough? | 你在说…从…从后面上你 |
[30:34] | What on earth are you talking about? | 你在讲什么 |
[30:34] | A difficult theorem could be like a symphony. | 困难的定理就像交响曲 |
[30:40] | It’s very erotic. | 性感无比 |
[30:42] | You go somewhere else. I can’t handle this. | 你找别人 我应付不来 |
[30:45] | -Wow. -Thank you, Henry. | -哇 -谢谢 亨利 |
[30:48] | -Ah, Henry. -Hi, Gerry. | -啊 亨利 -嗨 杰洛 |
[30:51] | You know something? I can’t do this pro bono work anymore. | 知道吗 我不能再做这种公众服务 |
[30:54] | -It’s just not… It’s not worth it. -What happened? | -这…不值得 -怎么了 |
[30:56] | Well, I’m going on national television next week. | 下周我要上电视 |
[30:58] | I mean, I haven’t got time to tell you, | 没空告诉你 |
[30:59] | much less talk to that raving looney in there. | 更别提这个胡言乱语的疯子 |
[31:02] | An absolute lunatic, he is. | 他简直冥顽不灵 |
[31:05] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[31:07] | Okay, you are in your bed, Will. | 好 你在你床上 |
[31:10] | Now, how old are you? | 你几岁了 |
[31:15] | Seven. | 七岁 |
[31:17] | What do you see? | 你看到什么 |
[31:21] | Something’s in my room. | 我房里有东西 |
[31:23] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[31:26] | It’s like a… It’s a figure. It’s hovering over me. | 是个…是个人形 在我头上盘旋 |
[31:31] | You are in a safe place, Will. | 你在安全的地方 威尔 |
[31:35] | It’s t… It’s touching me. | 他在…他在摸我 |
[31:38] | Where is it touching you? | 他摸你哪里 |
[31:41] | It’s touching me down there, | 摸我那下面 |
[31:45] | and I’m nervous. | 我很紧张 |
[31:48] | You don’t have to be nervous, Will. | 不必紧张 威尔 |
[31:51] | We start dancing and dancing. | 我们开始跳舞 |
[31:55] | It’s just beautiful, | 好美 |
[31:57] | because we can make… | 因为日落前… |
[31:59] | a lot of love before the sun goes down. | 我们可以疯狂地做爱 |
[32:05] | Skyrockets in flight | 烟火飞舞 |
[32:09] | Afternoon delight | 午后欢乐 |
[32:12] | -Hey, hey, hey, afternoon delight -Jesus. | -嘿 嘿 嘿 烟火飞舞 -天啊 |
[32:15] | Skyrockets in flight Da-da-da-da | 午后欢乐 嗒 嗒 嗒 嗒 |
[32:19] | -I’m sorry, Rich. -I have better things to do with my time. | -抱歉 瑞克 -怎样安排时间我自有打算 |
[32:23] | Hey, hey, afternoon delight Come on! One dance! | 嘿 嘿 午后欢乐 来 我们跳舞 |
[32:27] | You really hypnotized me, you know? | 你把我催眠了 知道吗 |
[32:29] | For God’s sake, Will. | 看在老天份上 威尔 |
[32:31] | What? Oh, come on. He left. You can’t pin that on me. | 干嘛 他走了 你别怪在我头上 |
[32:33] | -I told you to cooperate with these people. -Look… | -你得跟这些人合作 -凝视… |
[32:37] | -into my eyes. -Get out, Will. | -我的眼睛 -出去 威尔 |
[32:39] | I don’t need therapy. | 我不需要治疗 |
[32:42] | That’s enough. Get out! | 够了 出去 |
[32:46] | -I called Mel Weintraub this morning to see… -Oh, what’s the use? | -我早上打过电话给梅尔…-有用吗 |
[32:50] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么做 |
[32:54] | -Well, there’s someone. -Who is he? | -有个人 -是谁 |
[32:59] | He used to be my, uh… my roommate in college. | 他过去是我的…我的大学室友 |
[33:04] | 邦克山社区大学 | |
[33:08] | Trust. Very important in a relationship. | 信任 在感情上很重要 |
[33:11] | It’s also very important in a clinical situation. | 在临床上也很重要 |
[33:14] | Why is trust the most important thing… | 为何信任对于突破患者心防… |
[33:16] | in making a breakthrough with a client? | 是最重要的关键 |
[33:21] | Maureen, stop the oral fixation for a moment and join us. | 莫琳 别老张着嘴 听课 |
[33:26] | -Vinnie. -Um… | -维尼 -嗯… |
[33:29] | Because, uh… | 因为… |
[33:32] | Trust is, uh… Trust is life. | 信任就是…就是生命 |
[33:35] | Wow. That’s very deep. Thank you, Vinnie. | 很深奥 谢谢你 维尼 |
[33:39] | Next time, get the notes from your brother. | 下次抄你弟弟的笔记 |
[33:42] | If a patient doesn’t feel safe enough trust you, | 若病患不信任你 |
[33:44] | then they won’t be honest with you. | 就不会坦诚相对 |
[33:45] | Then there’s really no point for them being in therapy. | 治疗对他们来说就毫无意义 |
[33:48] | I mean, hey, if they don’t trust you, | 我是说 如果她们不信任你 |
[33:50] | you’re never gonna get them to sleep with you. | 就不会跟你上床 |
[33:52] | That should be the goal of any good therapist. | 那该是心理医生的最终目的 |
[33:54] | Nail them while they’re vulnerable. | 趁脆弱时下手 |
[33:55] | That’s my motto. | 我的座右铭 |
[33:56] | Oh, good, everyone’s back. Welcome back, everybody. | 很好 大家都醒了 欢迎回来 |
[34:00] | -Hello, Sean. -Hey, Gerry. | -你好 尚恩 -嗨 杰洛 |
[34:06] | Um, ladies and gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness. | 女士们先生们 我们很荣幸请来一位大人物 |
[34:12] | Professor Gerald Lambeau, Fields medal winner for combinatorial mathematics. | 杰洛蓝勃教授 组合数学的菲尔兹奖得主 |
[34:16] | -Hello. -Anyone know what the Field’s medal is? | -哈罗 -谁知道什么是菲尔兹奖 |
[34:18] | It’s a really big deal. It’s like the Nobel prize for math. | 了不起 数学界的诺贝尔奖 |
[34:21] | Except they only give it out once every four years. It’s a great thing. | 只是它四年才颁一次 很伟大 |
[34:26] | It’s an amazing honor. Okay, everybody, that’s it for today. | 是惊人的荣耀 今天就到此为止 下课 |
[34:30] | Thanks. We’ll see you Monday. We’ll be talking about Freud. | 谢谢 礼拜一见 下次我们谈佛洛伊德 |
[34:33] | Why he did enough cocaine to kill a small horse. Thank you. | 他为何用古柯碱杀马 谢谢 |
[34:38] | -How are you? -It’s good to see you. | -你好吗 -真高兴见到你 |
[34:41] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[34:43] | -Sean, I think I got something interesting for ya. -Yeah? | -尚恩 我有一件你会感兴趣的事 -是吗 |
[34:47] | What, you have to have blood and urine? What’s up? | 需要血液和尿液吗 干嘛 |
[34:49] | Why didn’t you come to the reunion? | 同学会你怎么不来 |
[34:52] | You know, I’m… I’ve been busy. | 我…我在忙 |
[34:55] | -You were missed. -Really? | -大家很想你 -真的 |
[34:57] | -So how long has it been since we’ve seen each other? -Before Nancy died. | -我们多久没见面了 -南茜去世前 |
[35:02] | Yeah, I’m sorry. | 是 很抱歉 |
[35:04] | I was in Paris. It was that damn conference. | 我在巴黎开会 都是那该死的会议 |
[35:06] | I got your card. It was nice. | 我收到你寄来的卡片 很好 |
[35:14] | -Come here. -Now that’s a takedown. | -过来 -投得不错 |
[35:16] | Hey, what happened? Did you get leniency or what? | 怎么样 博得同情没 |
[35:19] | I got, uh, probation and then counseling two days a week. | 获得保释和一周两次的辅导 |
[35:24] | Joke. You’re a smoothie. | 真不是盖的 你伶牙利嘴 |
[35:26] | Come on, Morgan! Just submit! | 快 摩根 快投球 |
[35:30] | Hey, Bill, just-just get off him. We’re gonna miss the game. | 比尔 放开他 我们会错过球赛的 |
[35:32] | -I’ve got a full schedule. I’m very busy. -Sean, Sean. | -我行程很满 我很忙 -尚恩 尚恩 |
[35:34] | This-This boy is incredible. I’ve never seen anything like him. | 这孩子不可思议 前所未见 |
[35:37] | What makes him so incredible, Gerry? | 是什么让他这么不可思议 |
[35:41] | -You ever heard of Ramanujan? -Yeah, yeah. No. | -听过拉玛努强吗 -听过 没有 |
[35:45] | It’s a man. He lived over 100 years ago. He was Indian. | 他是个男人 活在一百多年前 印度人 |
[35:50] | -Dots, not feathers. -Not feathers. Yeah. | -卓越成就 -卓越成就 嗯 |
[35:53] | He lived in this tiny hut somewhere in India. | 他住在茅屋里 |
[35:55] | He had no formal education. | 没受过正规教育 |
[35:57] | -He had no access to any scientific work. -Coffee? | -无法取得任何科学著述 -来杯咖啡 |
[36:00] | -You, sir? -Just a little. | -您呢 先生 -来一点点 |
[36:02] | But he came across this old math book, | 但他偶然发现一本旧数学课本 |
[36:05] | and from the simple text, he was able to extrapolate theories… | 从简单的条条框框 他推导出深奥的理论… |
[36:07] | that had baffled mathematicians for years. | 多年来难倒无数数学家 |
[36:09] | Yes. Continued fractions. He wrote, uh… | 对 连续分数 他是以… |
[36:13] | -Well, he mailed it to Hardy at Cambridge. -Yeah, Cambridge. Yeah. | -他寄给剑桥的哈帝 -嗯 剑桥 |
[36:17] | -And Hardy immediately recognized the brilliance of his work… -Mm-hmm. | -哈帝即刻了解那是天才之作…-嗯 |
[36:20] | and brought him over to England, and then they worked together for years, | 把他带到英国 然后他们合作多年 |
[36:24] | creating some of the most exciting math theory ever done. | 创造出令人兴奋的数学理论 |
[36:26] | This-This Ramanujan… | 拉玛努强… |
[36:29] | his-his genius was unparalleled, Sean. | 他的天才无与伦比 |
[36:33] | -Well, this boy’s just like that. -Hmm. | -这孩子就像他一样 -嗯 |
[36:36] | -But he’s… he’s a bit defensive. -Hmm. | -但他…有点防御性 -嗯 |
[36:40] | I need someone who can get through to him. | 我需要有人突破他的心防 |
[36:42] | -Like me? -Yeah, like you. | -像是我 -对 就是你 |
[36:46] | -Why? -Well, because you have the same kind of background. | -为什么 -因为你们有相同背景 |
[36:49] | -What background? -Well, you’re from the same neighborhood. | -什么背景 -你们来自同一个区 |
[36:52] | -He’s from Southie? -Yeah. | -他是南区人 -是的 |
[36:56] | Boy genius from Southie. | 南区的天才少年 |
[36:58] | -How many shrinks you go to before me? -Five. | -你之前找过几个心理医生 -五个 |
[37:03] | -Let me guess. Barry? Henry? Not Rick? -Yeah. Yeah. | -让我猜 拜瑞 亨利 没找瑞克吧 -是的 |
[37:07] | -Sean, please, just meet with him once a week. -Mm-hmm. | -尚恩 请跟他碰面 一周一次就好 -嗯哼 |
[37:10] | Please? | 拜托你 |
[37:15] | It’s a poker game with this kid. Don’t let him know what you’ve got. | 这就像打牌 别让牌泄底 |
[37:19] | He probably even read your book, if he could find it. | 要是他碰过你的书 那他或许就已经看过你的书 |
[37:22] | It’s gonna be hard for him to find. | 他要找到很难 |
[37:24] | -Hi, Will. -Hi. | -嗨 威尔 -嗨 |
[37:26] | This is Sean Maguire. Will Hunting. | 这是尚恩麦圭尔 威尔杭汀 |
[37:28] | How are ya? | 你好 |
[37:34] | -Yeah. Let’s get started. -Yeah, let’s do it. | -来吧 开始治疗吧 -好 开始吧 |
[37:36] | I’m pumped. Let’s let the healing begin. | 我迫不及待了 快开始疗程 |
[37:38] | -Will you excuse us? -Yeah, please, Tom. | -请出去一下 -对 麻烦你 汤姆 |
[37:42] | You, too, Gerry. | 你也出去 杰洛 |
[37:45] | Yeah, of course. | 好 当然 |
[37:52] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[37:56] | Where you from in Southie? | 你是南区哪里人 |
[37:58] | -I like what you’ve done with the place. -Oh, thanks. | -我喜欢你这边的装潢 -谢谢 |
[38:01] | Do you buy all these books retail, | 这些书都是零买的 |
[38:04] | or do you send away for, like, a “shrink kit” | 还是派人买的 |
[38:06] | that comes with all these volumes included? | 整套心理丛书 |
[38:08] | -Do you like books? -Yeah. | -你喜欢看书 -喜欢 |
[38:11] | -Did you read any of these books? -I don’t know. | -这些书你读过吗 -不知道 |
[38:14] | -How about any of these books? -Probably not. | -那些书呢 -大概没有 |
[38:16] | What about the ones on the top shelf? You read those? | 顶层那些呢 看过没 |
[38:20] | -Yeah, I read those. -Good for you. What do you think about them? | -看过 -很好 你有什么感想 |
[38:24] | I’m not here for a fucking book report. | 我不是他妈的来做读书报告 |
[38:26] | They’re your books. Why don’t you read them? | 那是你的书 你怎么不读 |
[38:27] | I did. I had to. | 我读过 非读不可 |
[38:29] | -Must’ve taken you a long time. -Yeah, it did. | -一定花了你不少时间 -是的 |
[38:39] | United States of America: A Complete History, Volume l. | 美国通史 第一册 |
[38:54] | Jesus. If you wanna read a real history book, | 天哪 若想看真的历史 |
[38:58] | read Howard Zinn’s A People’s History in the United States. | 你应该读辛恩的书 |
[39:00] | That book’ll fucking knock you on your ass. | 那本书会让你大吃一惊 |
[39:02] | Better than Chomsky’s Manufacturing Consent? | 比乔姆斯基的书更好吗 |
[39:04] | -Do you think that’s a good book? -You fucking people baffle me. | -你觉得那是本好书 -我搞不懂你们这些人 |
[39:09] | You spend all your money on these fucking fancy books. | 把钱花在这种他妈的垃圾书上面 |
[39:12] | You surround yourselves with them. | 还读得津津有味 |
[39:14] | -They’re the wrong fucking books. -What are the right fucking books, Will? | -这些是漏洞百出的书 -什么是漏洞百出的书 |
[39:16] | -Whatever blows your hair back. -Yeah. Haven’t got much hair left. | -让你头发竖起来的 -嗯 我剩的头发不多 |
[39:21] | Hey, you know you’d be better shoving that cigarette up your ass. | 要是你把烟戒了 |
[39:23] | -It’d probably be healthier for you. -Yeah, I know. | -可能会健康点 -我知道 |
[39:26] | -It really gets in the way of my yoga. -You work out, huh? | -抽烟妨碍我练瑜珈 -你运动吗 |
[39:29] | -What, you lift? -Yeah. | -你举重吗 -嗯 |
[39:32] | -Nautilus? -No, free weights. | -举重机 -不 哑铃 |
[39:35] | -Oh, really? Free weights, huh? -Yeah. Yeah, big time. | -真的 哑铃 -你举多少 |
[39:36] | -Yeah? -Just like that. | -是吗 -就是那样 |
[39:37] | -What do you bench? -285. What do you bench? | -你举多少 -285 你呢 |
[39:42] | You paint that? | 你画的 |
[39:44] | -Yeah. Do you paint? -Uh-uh. | -对 你画画吗 -不 |
[39:47] | -Do you sculpt? -No. | -你雕塑吗 -不 |
[39:50] | Do you like art? | 喜欢艺术吗 |
[39:52] | -Do you like music? -This is a real piece of shit. | -喜欢音乐吗 -真烂 |
[39:57] | Oh, tell me what you really think. | 告诉我你觉得怎么样 |
[39:59] | Just the linear and impressionistic mix makes a very muddled composition. | 线条结构复杂混乱 |
[40:05] | It’s also a Winslow Homer rip-off, except you got whitey rowing the boat there. | 笔法颇有印象派画风 除了有白人在划船 |
[40:09] | Well, it’s art, Monet. It wasn’t very good. | 那倒怪了 我并不想模仿莫内 |
[40:11] | -That’s not really what concerns me though. -What concerns you? | -我在意的不是那个 -你在意什么 |
[40:13] | -Just the coloring. -You know what the real bitch of it is? | -只是色彩 -你知道这幅画的灵魂是什么 |
[40:16] | It’s paint-by-number. | 这幅画是以数字画的 |
[40:18] | Is it color-by-number? Because the colors are fascinating to me. | 以数字上色 至少这色彩让我着迷 |
[40:21] | -Aren’t they really? -You bet. | -真的 -我保证 |
[40:22] | I think you’re about one step away from cutting your fucking ear off. | 我想你差点就要割耳朵了 |
[40:26] | -Really? -Oh, yeah. | -真的 -没错 |
[40:28] | Think I should move to the south of France, change my name to “Vincent”? | 那我应该搬到法国改名为”梵高” |
[40:31] | -You ever heard the saying, “any port in a storm”? -Yeah. | -听过”暴风雨中的港口”吗 -听过 |
[40:35] | -Yeah, maybe that means you. -In what way? | -也许指的就是你 -哪方面 |
[40:38] | Maybe you’re in the middle of a storm, a big fucking storm. | 也许你正在暴风雨中 剧烈的暴风雨中 |
[40:41] | Yeah, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[40:41] | The sky’s falling on your head. The waves are crashing over your little boat. | 天色昏暗 海浪撞击小船 |
[40:45] | The oars are about to snap. | 桨就要断了 |
[40:47] | You just piss in your pants. You’re crying for the harbor. | 你吓坏了 迫切需要港口 |
[40:49] | So maybe you do what you gotta do to get out. | 你想要脱离其中 |
[40:51] | You know, maybe you became a psychologist. | 也许这就是你成为心理医生的原因 |
[40:53] | Bingo. That’s it. Let me do my job now. You start with me. Come on. | 答对了 就是这样 让我做事吧 你妨碍我了 |
[40:59] | -Maybe you married the wrong woman. -Maybe you should watch your mouth! | -也许你娶错女人 -也许你讲话该小心点 |
[41:05] | Watch it right there, chief, all right? | 小心点 好吗 |
[41:10] | Ah. | 啊 |
[41:15] | That’s it, isn’t it? | 情况就是如此 是吗 |
[41:18] | You married the wrong woman. | 你娶错女人了 |
[41:22] | What happened? What, did she leave you? | 发生什么事 她抛弃你了 |
[41:26] | Was she, you know… banging some other guy? | 她是不是…搞上别的男人 |
[41:31] | If you ever disrespect my wife again, I will end you. | 再对我太太无礼 我就宰了你 |
[41:34] | I will fucking end you. | 我会他妈的宰了你 |
[41:36] | Got that, chief? | 听到没 |
[41:40] | Time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[41:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:58] | At ease, gentlemen. | 稍息 两位 |
[42:06] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[42:13] | Look, I’ll understand if you don’t wanna meet with him again. | 如果你不再想见他 我理解 |
[42:17] | Thursday, 4:00. Make sure the kid’s here. | 星期四下午四点 一定要他来 |
[42:23] | Yeah. | 好 |
[42:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[43:31] | Well, you look lovely in those glasses. | 你戴那副眼镜好可爱 |
[43:35] | -Thank you very much. -They’re just beautiful. | -多谢你 -真漂亮 |
[43:36] | -Yes, I always wanted dark blue eye shadow. -Wonderful. | -我一直想擦蓝色眼影 -美极了 |
[43:43] | Growing up in England, you know, I went to a very nice school. | 我在英国长大 念贵族学校 |
[43:47] | You know, it was kind of progressive, organic, | 就是那种积极 有组织 |
[43:50] | do-it-yourself, private school. | 又独立自主的私立学校 |
[43:52] | Then Harvard. Hopefully med school. | 然后是很有前途的哈佛医学院 |
[43:56] | You know, I figured out, by the end, | 你知道我发现什么 |
[43:58] | my braings gonna be worth $250,000. | 最后我的脑子会价值25万美金 |
[44:03] | That sounded horrible, didn’t it? | 听起来很可怕吧 |
[44:06] | Bring me another mai tai! | 再来一杯”迈泰” |
[44:09] | Yeah, that’s cool. I mean, I bet your parents were happy to pay. | 酷 你父母一定很乐于付钱 |
[44:13] | No, I was happy to pay. I inherited the money. | 错 我自己付 我继承了遗产 |
[44:17] | Wow. Is Harvard getting all that money? | 那么钱都给哈佛吗 |
[44:21] | No, Stanford. I’m going there in June when I graduate. | 不 给了斯坦福 我六月毕业后到那里深造 |
[44:24] | All right, so you just wanted to use this sailor and then run away, huh? | 所以你只是想利用这个水手啰 |
[44:29] | I was gonna, you know, experiment on you for anatomy class first, obviously. | 我要先拿你做解剖实验 |
[44:32] | In that case, that’s fine. | 这样的话 好吧 |
[44:35] | -Hey, you wanna see my magic tricks, Skylar? -Of course. | -想看我变魔术吗 -好啊 |
[44:38] | All right. Promise to… | 好 保证… |
[44:41] | All right. | 好的 |
[44:43] | This one’s for you, Rudolph. | 这是给你的 鲁道夫 |
[44:45] | Wait, wait. You need my wand. | 等等 你需要我的魔杖 |
[44:47] | All right, give me a hit. Thank you. All right. | 好 敲一下 谢谢 好的 |
[44:50] | I’m gonna make all these caramels disappear. | 我会让这些焦糖消失 |
[44:52] | You ready? Ready. | 准备好了吗 |
[44:55] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[44:57] | They’re all gone. | 全不见了 |
[45:01] | That was my… It works better when I have my rabbit. | 有兔子的话…会比较成功 |
[45:03] | Well… | 那… |
[45:06] | I don’t really date, you know, that much. | 我不常约会 |
[45:09] | How very unfortunate… I think for me. | 我认为自己…多不幸 |
[45:14] | You know what I mean? I know you’ve been thinking about it. | 你懂我意思 我知道你在想什么 |
[45:17] | -Oh, no, I haven’t. -Yes, you have. | -我没有 -我知道你有 |
[45:19] | No, I really haven’t. | 真的没有 |
[45:20] | Yes, you have. You were hoping to get a good night kiss. | 你有 你想要睡前一吻 |
[45:22] | No, you know, I tell ya, I was hoping to get a good night laid. | 不 我想要睡前一炮 |
[45:28] | But I’ll settle for, like, a kiss, you know? | 不过我愿意勉强接受一吻 |
[45:30] | -How very noble of you. -Thank you. | -你很高尚 -谢谢 |
[45:33] | -Mm. -No, I was… I was hoping for a kiss. | -嗯 -不 我…我真的想要一吻 |
[45:38] | Well, why don’t we just get it out of the way now? | 何不现在就解决 |
[45:42] | -Right now? -Yeah. | -现在 -对 |
[45:45] | Come on. | 来 |
[45:55] | I think I got some of your pickle. | 我吃到你的酸黄瓜了 |
[46:09] | You again, huh? | 又是你 |
[46:13] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[46:21] | So what’s this? A Taster’s Choice moment between guys? | 现在要干嘛 这是男人的行家选择 |
[46:27] | This is really nice. You got a thing for swans? Is this, like, a fetish? | 这里真不错 你喜欢天鹅 这算恋物癖吗 |
[46:31] | Is it something, like, maybe we need to devote some time to? | 这是需要花点时间的事吗 |
[46:35] | -Thought about what you said to me the other day. About my painting. -Oh. | -我在想你批评我画的事 -噢 |
[46:41] | Stayed up half the night thinking about it. | 失眠大半夜的思索后 |
[46:45] | Something occurred to me. | 突然我想到一件事 |
[46:47] | I fell into a deep, peaceful sleep and haven’t thought about you since. | 接着就沉沉入睡 不再想你的事 |
[46:52] | -You know what occurred to me? -No. | -你知道我当时想到什么吗 -不知道 |
[46:55] | You’re just a kid. You don’t have the faintest idea what you’re talking about. | 你只是个孩子 你根本不晓得你在说什么 |
[46:59] | -Why, thank you. -It’s all right. | -为什么 谢谢 -没关系 |
[47:03] | You’ve never been out of Boston. | 因你没离开过波士顿 |
[47:07] | Nope. | 是没有 |
[47:09] | So if I asked you about art, you’d probably give me the skinny… | 所以问你艺术 你可能会… |
[47:11] | on every art book ever written. | 提出艺术书籍中的粗浅论调 |
[47:14] | Michelangelo? You know a lot about him. | 有关米开朗基罗 你知道很多 |
[47:18] | Life’s work, political aspirations. Him and the pope. | 他的政治抱负 他和教皇 |
[47:22] | Sexual orientation. The whole works, right? | 性倾向 所有作品 对吗 |
[47:27] | I bet you can’t tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. | 但你不知道西斯汀教堂的气味 |
[47:33] | You never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling. | 你从没站在那儿观赏美丽的天花板 |
[47:40] | Seeing that. | 我看过 |
[47:42] | If I ask you about women, | 如果我问关于女人的事 |
[47:44] | you’ll probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites. | 你八成会说出个人偏好的谬论 |
[47:48] | You may have even been laid a few times. | 你可能上过几次床 |
[47:56] | But you can’t tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman… | 但你说不出在女人身旁醒来… |
[48:00] | and feel truly happy. | 那种很幸福的滋味 |
[48:05] | You’re a tough kid. | 你是个很倔的孩子 |
[48:09] | I ask you about war, you’d probably throw Shakespeare at me, right? | 我问战争 你会说莎士比亚的话 |
[48:13] | “Once more into the breach, dear friends.” | “共赴战场 亲爱的朋友” |
[48:18] | But you’ve never been near one. | 但你从没接近过战争 |
[48:21] | You’ve never held your best friend’s head in your lap… | 从没把好友的头抱在膝盖上… |
[48:23] | and watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help. | 看着他吐出最后一口气向你呼救 |
[48:30] | If I asked you about love, you’d probably quote me a sonnet, | 我若问你爱情 你会引述十四行诗 |
[48:35] | but you’ve never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. | 但你从没看过女人的脆弱 |
[48:39] | Known someone that could level you with her eyes. | 她能以双眼击倒你 |
[48:44] | Feeling like God put an angel on Earth just for you, | 感觉上帝让天使为你下凡 |
[48:48] | who could rescue you from the depths of hell. | 她能从地狱救出你 |
[48:51] | And you wouldn’t know what it’s like to be her angel, | 你不了解当她天使的滋味 |
[48:55] | to have that love for her be there forever. | 拥有对她的爱 直到永远 |
[48:58] | Through anything. Through cancer. | 经历这一切 经历癌症 |
[49:02] | And you wouldn’t know about sleeping sitting up in a hospital room… | 你无法体会在医院躺两个月… |
[49:05] | for two months, holding her hand, | 握住她的纤纤小手那种感觉 |
[49:07] | because the doctors could see in your eyes… | 因为医生一看到你就知道… |
[49:09] | that the terms “visiting hours” don’t apply to you. | 会客时间的规定对你无效 |
[49:13] | You don’t know about real loss, | 你不了解真正的失去 |
[49:16] | because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. | 因为唯有爱别人胜于自己才能体会 |
[49:21] | I doubt you’ve ever dared to love anybody that much. | 我怀疑你敢那样爱人 |
[49:27] | I look at you. I don’t see an intelligent, confident man. | 看着你 我没看到聪明自信 |
[49:34] | I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. | 我看到被吓傻的狂妄孩子 |
[49:40] | But you’re a genius, Will. No one denies that. | 但你是天才 没人能否认 |
[49:43] | No one could possibly understand the depths of you. | 没人能了解你的深度 |
[49:47] | But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine. | 但你看我的画就认定了解我 |
[49:50] | You ripped my fucking life apart. | 你把我的人生撕裂了 |
[49:56] | You’re an orphan, right? | 你是孤儿 对吧 |
[50:02] | Do you think I’d know the first thing about how hard your life has been… | 你想我会知道你日子有多苦… |
[50:07] | how you feel, who you are… | 你的感受 你是谁… |
[50:09] | because I read Oliver Twist? | 是因为我看过雾都孤儿吗 |
[50:13] | Does that encapsulate you? | 太简化你了吗 |
[50:17] | Personally, I don’t give a shit about all that, because… | 我不在乎 因为… |
[50:20] | You know what? I can’t learn anything from you… | 你知道吗 我对你无从下手… |
[50:23] | I can’t read in some fucking book. | 我不能靠任何书籍认识你 |
[50:27] | Unless you wanna talk about you, | 除非你想谈自己 |
[50:29] | who you are. | 谈你是谁 |
[50:32] | And I’m fascinated. I’m in. | 那我就着迷了 我愿意加入 |
[50:38] | But you don’t wanna do that, do you, sport? | 但你不想那么做 对吗 |
[50:44] | You’re terrified of what you might say. | 你怕你会被说出来的话吓到 |
[50:52] | Your move, chief. | 轮到你说了 大哥 |
[52:01] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[52:04] | Hello? | 喂 |
[52:07] | Professor Valenti, are you calling me again? | 瓦兰帝教授 又是你吗 |
[52:12] | Freak. | 怪胎 |
[52:18] | -Oh, God. -Christ, who did you call? | -上帝 -天哪 你打给谁 |
[52:21] | -No one. I forgot the number. -You fucking retarded? | -没有 我忘了号码 -你他妈智障 |
[52:23] | You went all the way out there in the rain, and you didn’t bring the number. | 冒雨打电话 竟忘了号码 |
[52:26] | No, it was your mother’s 900 number. I just ran out of quarters. | 那是你妈的免费电话 |
[52:30] | Why don’t we get off on mothers? I just got off yours. | 别扯上我妈好不 我刚上过你妈 |
[52:33] | That’s pretty funny, Morgan. | 很好笑 摩根 |
[52:35] | That’s a fucking nickel, bitch. | 太炫了 |
[52:37] | -Keep antagonizing me. Watch what happens. -All right, then, Morgan. | -继续跟我作对看看 -好的 那么 摩根 |
[52:40] | -Watch what happens. -All right, then, Morgan. | -看看会怎样 -好的 那么 摩根 |
[52:42] | Keep fucking with me. | 再整我啊 |
[52:50] | No smoking. | 不准抽烟 |
[53:24] | What do you mean, he didn’t talk? You were in there for an hour. | 什么叫没讲话 你在那里一个钟头 |
[53:26] | He just sat there counting the seconds until the session was over. | 他就坐着等会谈结束 |
[53:30] | -Pretty impressive, actually. -Why would he do that? | -让人印象蛮深刻的 -他为什么要那么做 |
[53:33] | To prove to me he doesn’t have to talk to me if he doesn’t want to. | 证明他不想讲就不必讲 |
[53:37] | What is this? Some kind of staring contest | 这是小孩玩的 |
[53:39] | between two kids from the old neighborhood? | 瞪人比赛吗 |
[53:41] | Yeah, it is, and I can’t talk first. | 对 而且我不能先讲话 |
[53:44] | We know your theory, Alexander, | 我们知道你的理论 亚历山大 |
[53:47] | but the boy’s found a simple geometrical picture. | 但这孩子找出简单的几何图 |
[53:50] | -A tree structure won’t work. -Look now. He’s joining the two vertices. | -树状结构行不通 -他把两个顶点连起来了 |
[53:53] | But I can do the sum. | 但我算出总数 |
[53:55] | -It’s how you group the terms, Alexander. -But, Gerry. | -那是集合项的方法 -但是 杰洛 |
[53:58] | If we do the whole thing this way, then… | 如果这样做… |
[54:00] | Hey, look, look. | 看 看 |
[54:03] | I wrote it down. It’s simpler this way. | 我写下来了 这样比较简单 |
[54:17] | Sometimes people get lucky. | 有些人就是走运 |
[54:20] | You’re a brilliant man. | 你是个聪明的人 |
[54:59] | You know, I was on this plane once, | 我有一次搭飞机 |
[55:02] | and I’m sitting there, and… | 坐在机上… |
[55:04] | the captain gets on, he does his whole, you know, | 机长广播道 |
[55:06] | “we’ll be cruising at 35,000 feet,” but then he puts the mike down. | “飞行于三万五千尺” 但是他放下麦克风后 |
[55:09] | -He forgets to turn it off. -Mm-hmm. | -他忘了把它关掉 -嗯 |
[55:12] | So he turns to the copilot. He’s, like, | 他转向副驾驶说 |
[55:14] | “You know, all I could use right now is a fucking blow job and a cup of coffee.” | “我现在很想要口交和咖啡” |
[55:19] | So the stewardess fucking goes bombing up from the back of the plane… | 空服员冲去驾驶室… |
[55:21] | to tell him the microphone’s still on. | 跟他说麦克风没关 |
[55:23] | This guy in the back of the plane’s like, “Hey, hon, don’t forget the coffee.” | 机尾有个人说”别忘了咖啡” |
[55:26] | You ever been on a plane? | 你搭过飞机 |
[55:30] | No, but it’s a fucking joke. | 没有 那只是个笑话 |
[55:32] | It works better if I tell it in the first person. | 用第一人称比较好笑 |
[55:33] | Yeah, it does. | 没错 |
[55:38] | I have been laid, you know? | 我做过爱 知道吗 |
[55:40] | Really? Good for you. | 真的 很好 |
[55:43] | -Big time, big time. -Big time, huh? | -我很厉害 -很厉害 |
[55:45] | I went on a date last week. | 对 我上礼拜有约会 |
[55:48] | -How’d it go? -It was good. | -怎么样 -很好 |
[55:51] | -Going out again? -I don’t know. | -要再约会吗 -不知道 |
[55:53] | -Why? -Haven’t called her. | -为什么 -我没打给她 |
[55:55] | -Christ, you’re an amateur. -I know what I’m doing. | -天哪 你真外行 -我知道我在干嘛 |
[55:58] | Yeah. Don’t worry about me. I know what I’m doing. | 放心 我知道我在干嘛 |
[56:02] | Yeah, but this girl was, like, you know, beautiful. | 这女孩很漂亮 |
[56:05] | She’s smart. She’s fun. She’s different from most of the girls I’ve been with. | 她聪明风趣 跟我以前认识的女生不一样 |
[56:09] | So call her up, Romeo. | 那就打给她 罗密欧 |
[56:11] | Why, so I can realize she’s not that smart. | 让自己发现她并没那么聪明吗 |
[56:13] | That she’s fucking boring? You know, I mean, you don’t… | 其实很无聊吗 我是说 你别… |
[56:16] | This girl’s, like, fucking perfect right now. I don’t wanna ruin that. | 这女孩现在很完美 我不想破坏这种完美 |
[56:19] | Maybe you’re perfect right now. Maybe you don’t wanna ruin that. | 或许是你不想破坏你自己的完美 |
[56:25] | But I think that’s a super philosophy, Will. | 我觉得那是极好的哲学 |
[56:27] | That way, you can go | 这样可以 |
[56:29] | through your entire life without ever having to really know anybody. | 一辈子不认识任何人 |
[56:35] | My wife used to fart when she was nervous. | 我太太一紧张就放屁 |
[56:37] | She had all sorts of wonderful idiosyncrasies. | 她有各种奇妙的小特质 |
[56:40] | You know, she used to fart in her sleep. | 你知道 她睡觉会放屁 |
[56:43] | Just thought I’d share that with you. | 抱歉跟你讲这种事 |
[56:46] | One night it was so loud, it woke the dog up. | 有天晚上大声到把狗吵醒 |
[56:52] | She woke up and gone, like, “Was that you?” | 她醒来说”是你吗” |
[56:54] | I said, “Yeah.” I didn’t have the heart to tell her. Oh, God. | 我说”是” 我不忍心告诉她 天哪 |
[56:58] | -She woke herself up? -Yes. | -她把自己臭醒 -是的 |
[57:05] | Oh, Christ. But, Will, she’s been dead two years | 天哪 她去世两年了 |
[57:08] | and that’s the shit I remember. | 而那是我记得的事 |
[57:10] | It’s wonderful stuff, you know? Little things like that. | 像那样的小事很奇妙 |
[57:14] | Yeah, but those are the things I miss the most. | 那是我最想念的事 |
[57:18] | Those little idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. | 这些小特质 |
[57:21] | That’s what made her my wife. | 让她成为我太太 |
[57:23] | Boy, and she had the goods on me too. She knew all my little peccadillos. | 她也知道我所有的小瑕疵 |
[57:27] | People call these things “imperfections,” but they’re not. | 人们称之为不完美 其实不然 |
[57:31] | That’s the good stuff. | 那才是好东西 |
[57:34] | And then we get to choose who we let into our weird little worlds. | 能选择让谁进入我们的世界 |
[57:39] | You’re not perfect, sport. | 你并不完美 |
[57:41] | And let me save you the suspense. | 我不吊你胃口 |
[57:44] | This girl you met, she isn’t perfect either. | 你认识的女生也不完美 |
[57:47] | But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other. | 问题是你们是否完美地合适 |
[57:51] | That’s the whole deal. That’s what intimacy is all about. | 亲密关系就是这么回事 |
[57:55] | Now you can know everything in the world, sport, | 你可以知道全世界的事 |
[57:57] | but the only way you’re finding out that one is by giving it a shot. | 但发掘的方法唯有去尝试 |
[58:00] | You certainly won’t learn from an old fucker like me. | 你不能跟我这个糟老头学 |
[58:03] | Even if I did know, I wouldn’t tell a pissant like you. | 就算我知道 我也不告诉你 |
[58:07] | Yeah, why not? | 为什么 |
[58:09] | You told me every other fucking thing. Jesus Christ. | 你把其他事都告诉我了 天哪 |
[58:13] | Fucking talk more than any shrink I ever seen in my life. | 你的话比我所遇到的任何心理医生都多 |
[58:16] | I teach the shit. I didn’t say I knew how to do it. | 我只是教心理学 我说过我不是心理医生 |
[58:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[58:25] | You ever think about getting remarried? | 那么你想过再婚吗 |
[58:28] | My wife’s dead. | 我太太死了 |
[58:30] | -Hence the word “remarried.” -She’s dead. | -所以才叫”再婚” -她死了 |
[58:36] | Yeah, well, I think that’s a super philosophy, Sean. | 我想那是极好的哲学 尚恩 |
[58:39] | I mean, that way, you can actually go through the rest of your life… | 这样可以过下半辈子… |
[58:41] | without ever really knowing anybody. | 而不用认识任何人 |
[58:47] | Time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[59:03] | -Hold it open. -Okay. | -别关 -好的 |
[59:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[59:36] | “G” minor seventh. Saddest of all chords. | G小调 最悲叹的曲调 |
[59:40] | -Hello. -Hey. | -哈罗 -嗨 |
[59:42] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了 |
[59:44] | I’m sorry. I’ve been, like… I’ve been really busy, and… | 对不起 我…我很忙… |
[59:47] | -But, um… -Mmm. Me too. | -但是…-我也是 |
[59:49] | Yeah. I… I thought you’d call. | 我还…以为你会打来 |
[59:55] | Yeah, um… | 是… |
[59:57] | -I mean, we had a really good time. -I had a really good time too. | -我是说 我们相处愉快 -的确如此 |
[1:00:00] | I mean, I just… I… | 我是说…我… |
[1:00:03] | I’m sorry, you know. I blew it. | 对不起 我搞砸了 |
[1:00:05] | No. No, I mean, you know, it’s all right. | 不 没关系 |
[1:00:07] | Yeah, um, so, I was wondering if, uh, | 我在想 呃 |
[1:00:10] | if, you know, you’d give me another crack at it. | 你会不会再让我试一遍 |
[1:00:12] | You know, let me take you out again. | 我是说 让我再约你出去 |
[1:00:15] | -I can’t. -All right. | -不行 -好吧 |
[1:00:18] | Oh, no, I didn’t… I didn’t mean I can’t, like, ever. | 不 我…我不是说永远不行 |
[1:00:21] | I just can’t right now. | 只是说现在不行 |
[1:00:23] | I’ve got to assign the proton spectrum for “ebogamine.” | 我得做质子光谱分配 |
[1:00:26] | All that sounds really, really interesting. It’s actually fantastically boring. | 听起来有趣 其实很无聊 |
[1:00:30] | -All right, um… -Maybe some other time. | -好吧 呃…-或许改天吧 |
[1:00:33] | -Like tomorrow? -Um, yeah, all right. | -那明天呢 -好啊 |
[1:00:37] | -Okay. -Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[1:00:40] | -Bye. -Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[1:00:54] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[1:00:57] | I couldn’t wait till tomorrow. | 我等不到明天了 |
[1:00:59] | Where the fuck did you get this? | 你从哪儿弄到这个 |
[1:01:02] | I had to sleep with someone in your class. | 我得跟你同学上床 |
[1:01:04] | Oh, I hope it was someone with the open-toed sandals and the really bad breath. | 希望是个穿拖鞋又有口臭的人 |
[1:01:10] | -Come on. Let’s go have some fun. -No, I’ve got to learn this. | -走 去找乐子 -不行 我得念这个 |
[1:01:14] | Well, you’re not going into surgery tomorrow, are you? | 你不会明天就要开刀吧 |
[1:01:17] | -No. -Let’s go. | -不是 -走吧 |
[1:01:23] | Oh, my God! My dog is winning! | 天啊 我的狗赢了 |
[1:01:26] | Come on, Misty! | 加油 迷雾 |
[1:01:29] | Come on! Run! Look at that! Come on! | 加油 快跑 看 加油 |
[1:01:31] | Look, there he goes. Misty, run! Come on! | 他在那边 迷雾领先 加油 |
[1:01:36] | -We won. -He totally won. | -我们赢了 -它完胜对手 |
[1:01:42] | So did you grow up around here then? | 你在这边长大的吗 |
[1:01:44] | Not far. South Boston. | 不远 南波士顿 |
[1:01:49] | Still glowing from my win. | 赢了比赛让我脸好热 |
[1:01:51] | Look at you. You’re so happy. | 看你乐成这样 |
[1:01:55] | And what was that like then? | 我的样子还好吧 |
[1:01:57] | It was normal, I guess. Nothing special. | 很正常 没什么特别的 |
[1:02:00] | Do you got lots of brothers and sisters? | 你有很多兄弟姊妹吗 |
[1:02:04] | -Do I have a lot of brothers and sisters? -That’s what I said. | -你有很多兄弟姊妹吗 -那是我问你的 |
[1:02:07] | -Well, Irish Catholic, what do you think? -Right. That’s right. | -我是个天主教徒 你说呢 -对 |
[1:02:13] | -How many? -You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. | -几个 -告诉你你也不信 |
[1:02:18] | -Why? Go on. What? Five? -No. | -为什么 说啊 五个 -不是 |
[1:02:21] | Seven? Eight? How many? | 七个 八个 几个 |
[1:02:25] | -I have 12 big brothers. -You do not! | -我有十二个哥哥 -你才没有 |
[1:02:27] | No, I swear to God. I swear to God. I’m lucky 13 right here. | 我发誓 我是幸运十三 |
[1:02:30] | Do you know all their names? | 你知道他们的名字吗 |
[1:02:32] | Do I… Yeah, they’re my brothers. | 当然知道 他们是我哥哥 |
[1:02:34] | What are they called? | 叫什么名字 |
[1:02:37] | Marky, Ricky, Danny, Terry, | 马奇 瑞奇 丹尼 泰瑞 |
[1:02:38] | Mikey, Davey, Timmy, | 麦奇 大卫 提米 |
[1:02:39] | Tommy, Joey, Robby, Johnny and Brian. | 汤米 乔依 罗比 强尼和布莱恩 |
[1:02:41] | Say it again. | 再说一遍 |
[1:02:44] | Marky, Ricky, Danny, Terry, | 马奇 瑞奇 丹尼 泰瑞 |
[1:02:45] | Mikey, Davey, Timmy, | 麦奇 大卫 提米 |
[1:02:46] | Tommy, Joey, Robby, Johnny and Brian. | 汤米 乔依 罗比 强尼和布莱恩 |
[1:02:48] | And Willy. | 还有小威 |
[1:02:50] | -Willy? -Yeah. | -小威 -对 |
[1:02:52] | -Will. -Wow. | -威尔 -哇 |
[1:02:53] | -Do you still see all of them? -Yeah, well, they all live in Southie. | -你常和他们见面吗 -他们都住南区 |
[1:02:57] | -I’m living with three of them right now. -Oh, yeah? | -我跟他们中三个人一起住 -是吗 |
[1:03:00] | -Yeah. -I’d like to meet them. | -是的 -我好想见他们 |
[1:03:01] | Yeah, we’ll do that. | 好 就去见他们 |
[1:03:04] | Oh, you know, I read your book last night. | 我昨晚读过你的书 |
[1:03:06] | Oh, so you’re the one. | 原来是你 |
[1:03:09] | Do you still, uh… Do you still counsel veterans? | 你还辅导退伍军人吗 |
[1:03:11] | No, I don’t. | 没有 |
[1:03:13] | -Why not? -Well, I gave it up when my wife got sick. | -为什么 -我太太生病时就没做了 |
[1:03:17] | You ever wonder what your life would be like if you, | 你有没有想过若没遇见你太太 |
[1:03:21] | uh, if you never met your wife? | 你的生活会怎样 |
[1:03:23] | What? Wonder if I’d be better off without her? | 什么 没有她会不会比较好 |
[1:03:25] | -No, no, no, I’m not saying, like, better off. -No. | -不 不 不 我没说比较好 -不 |
[1:03:27] | -I didn’t mean it like that. -It’s all right. It’s an important question. | -我没那意思 -没关系 这是很重要的问题 |
[1:03:31] | because you’ll have bad times, but that’ll always wake you up… | 因为人总会有不好的时候 但这也会让你… |
[1:03:34] | to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to. | 回忆起从前不曾在意的好事 |
[1:03:36] | And you don’t regret meeting your wife? | 你不后悔认识你太太 |
[1:03:39] | Why? because the pain I feel now? | 为什么 因为我现在的痛苦 |
[1:03:41] | Oh, I got regrets, Will, but I don’t regret a single day I spent with her. | 是有遗憾 但我不后悔跟她共度的每一天 |
[1:03:50] | So when did you know, like, that she was the one for you? | 你几时知道她是理想对象 |
[1:03:54] | October 21, 1975. | 1975年10月21日 |
[1:03:57] | Jesus Christ. You know the fucking day? | 天哪 你他妈的记得日期 |
[1:03:59] | Oh, yeah, because it was game six of the World Series, | 对 那是世界大赛第六场 |
[1:04:02] | biggest game in Red Sox history. | 红袜队史上最重大的球赛 |
[1:04:04] | -Yeah, sure. -My friends and I had slept out all night to get tickets. | -没错 -我和朋友睡人行道排队买票 |
[1:04:09] | -You got tickets? -Yep. Day of the game I was sitting in a bar, | -你有票 -对 比赛当天我们坐在酒吧 |
[1:04:13] | waiting for the game to start and in walks this girl. | 等球赛开始 有个女孩走进来 |
[1:04:16] | It was an amazing game though. You know, bottom of the eighth, Carbo ties it up. | 那是场很棒的球赛 八局下半 |
[1:04:20] | It was 6-6. It went to 12. | 六比六平手 打到第十二局 |
[1:04:22] | Bottom of the 12th, in stepped Carlton Fisk, old Pudge. | 下半场时矮冬瓜菲克斯上场 |
[1:04:26] | Steps up to the plate. You know, he’s got that weird stance. | 他站上本垒 姿势很怪 |
[1:04:28] | -Yeah, yeah. -And then… Boom! He clocks it, you know. | -嗯 嗯 -然后…砰 他把球打击出去 |
[1:04:32] | High fly ball down the left field line! | 左外野高飞球 |
[1:04:34] | Thirty-five thousand people on their feet, yelling at the ball. | 三万五千人站起来对球吼 |
[1:04:37] | But that’s nothing, because Fisk, he’s waving at the ball like a madman. | 这还不算什么 因为菲斯克像发了疯似地挥手说 |
[1:04:40] | -Yeah, I’ve seen that. -“Get over! Get over! | -对 我见到过 -“飞过去 飞过去 |
[1:04:42] | -Right. -Get over!” | -对 -飞过去” |
[1:04:43] | Then it hits the foul pole. He goes ape-shit, and 35,000 fans… | 结果球飞到边界 三万五千名球迷… |
[1:04:48] | They charge the field, you know. | 冲到场上 |
[1:04:50] | Yeah, and he’s fucking blowing people outta the way. | 他大叫来开辟道路 |
[1:04:52] | “Get outta the way! Get outta the way!” | “大家让开 大家让开” |
[1:04:54] | I can’t fucking believe you had tickets to that fucking game! | 我真不敢相信你有票 |
[1:04:58] | Did you rush the field? | 你有冲到场上吗 |
[1:04:59] | No, I didn’t rush the fucking field. I wasn’t there. | 我没冲到场上 我不在场 |
[1:05:01] | -What? -No, I was in a bar, having a drink with my future wife. | -什么 -我跟我未来的老婆在喝酒 |
[1:05:04] | You missed Pudge Fisk’s home run to have a fucking drink | 你错过菲斯克的全垒打 |
[1:05:06] | with some lady you never met? | 跟一个不认识的女人喝酒 |
[1:05:09] | Yeah, but you should have seen her. She was a stunner. | 对 你该看看她 令人惊艳 |
[1:05:11] | -I don’t care if… -Oh, no, no, she lit up the room. | -我才不管他妈的…-她让整个屋子亮起来 |
[1:05:13] | -I don’t care if Helen of Troy walks into the room. -Oh, Helen of Troy! | -西施走进来我也不在乎 -哦 西施 |
[1:05:16] | That’s game six! Oh, my God, | 那可是重量级比赛啊 天哪 |
[1:05:18] | and who were these friends of yours? | 你朋友都是些什么人 |
[1:05:19] | -They let you get away with that? -They had to. | -他们就这么放过你 -他们没办法 |
[1:05:21] | -What did you say to them? -I just slid my ticket across the table. | -你跟他们怎么说 -我把票滑过去 |
[1:05:25] | I said, “Sorry, guys. I gotta see about a girl.” | 说”抱歉 兄弟们 我要去找一个女孩” |
[1:05:28] | -“I gotta go see about a girl”? -Yes! | -“我要去找一个女孩” -是的 |
[1:05:30] | That’s what you said? They let you get away with that? | 你就那么说 他们就放过你了 |
[1:05:32] | Oh, yeah. They saw it in my eyes that I meant it. | 对 他们看到我认真的眼睛 |
[1:05:34] | -You’re kidding me? -No, I’m not kidding you, Will. | -你骗我 -不 我没骗你 |
[1:05:38] | That’s why I’m not talking right now about some girl I saw at a bar 20 years ago… | 所以我现在不会因为… |
[1:05:41] | and how I always regretted not going over and talking to her. | 当年在酒吧没和她说话而懊悔终生 |
[1:05:43] | I don’t regret the 18 years I was married to Nancy. | 我不后悔跟南茜结褵的18年 |
[1:05:47] | I don’t regret the six years I had to give up counseling when she got sick, | 不后悔为她的病放弃辅导 |
[1:05:50] | and I don’t regret the last years when she got really sick. | 不后悔那最后几年守着重病的她 |
[1:05:54] | And I sure as hell don’t regret missing a damn game. | 更不会后悔错过球赛 |
[1:05:56] | That’s regret. | 只是有点遗憾 |
[1:05:59] | Wow! | 哇 |
[1:06:06] | Would have been nice to catch that game though. | 看到那场球赛还是不错的 |
[1:06:09] | I didn’t know Pudge was gonna hit a home run. | 我不晓得矮冬瓜会击出全垒打 |
[1:06:14] | You know, I’m very, very useful on the court. | 我在球场上很有优势 |
[1:06:18] | I’m extremely tall. | 我很高 |
[1:06:21] | -You’re not that tall. -I dunk. | -你没那么高 -我会灌篮 |
[1:06:26] | Will I ever play in the N.B.A.? | 我能打NBA吗 |
[1:06:30] | “It is decidedly so.” Hmph. | “绝对可以” |
[1:06:36] | Why do we always stay here? | 为什么老是待在这边 |
[1:06:39] | because it’s nicer than my place. | 因为比我家好 |
[1:06:42] | Yes, but I’ve never seen your place. | 但我从没去过你家 |
[1:06:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:06:46] | When am I gonna meet your friends and your brothers? | 我几时见到你朋友和哥哥 |
[1:06:49] | Well, they don’t really come down here that much. | 嗯 他们不常来这里 |
[1:06:53] | I think I can make it to South Boston. | 我可以到南波士顿 |
[1:06:55] | It’s kind of a hike. | 有点远 |
[1:07:00] | Is it me you’re hiding from them or the other way around? | 是我还是他们见不得人 |
[1:07:03] | -All right, we’ll go. -When? | -好 我们去 -几时 |
[1:07:05] | I don’t know. We’ll go sometime next week. | 不知道 下个礼拜吧 |
[1:07:08] | What if I said I would not sleep | 如过我说不让我见他们 |
[1:07:10] | with you again until you let me meet your friends? | 就再也不跟你上床 你怎么办 |
[1:07:19] | I’d say it’s, like, 4:30 in the morning. They’re probably up. | 我会说 清晨四点半 他们应该醒了 |
[1:07:22] | Oh, my God. Men are shameless. | 天哪 男人真无耻 |
[1:07:26] | If you’re not thinking with your wiener, | 你们男人就只会 |
[1:07:28] | then you’re acting directly on its behalf. | 用小弟弟思考 |
[1:07:30] | You bet. And on behalf of my wiener, can I get an advance payment? | 仅代表我的小弟弟 向否向你预支 |
[1:07:34] | I don’t know. Let’s ask. “Outlook does not look good.” | 不知道 我问问”前途不明朗” |
[1:07:39] | -What? -Fuck the… Hey, Chuck. No. Nothing. Go back to sleep. | -什么 -干…嘿 查克 没事 继续睡 |
[1:07:42] | “Outlook”? That’s the same thing that told you you was gonna play in the N.B.A. | “前途” 你去打NBA才前途不明朗 |
[1:07:45] | Exactly, so look out. You’d better start buying some season tickets. | 没错 所以你最好开始买季票 |
[1:07:50] | Mmm! I plan to. I’m tall. I like wearing shorts. | 正有此意 我很高 我喜欢穿短裤 |
[1:07:54] | Hook, hook. Dunk, dunk. | 勾射 勾射 灌篮 灌篮 |
[1:07:57] | -You’re not that tall. -Yes, I am. | -你没那么高 -我有 |
[1:08:00] | Maybe I’m all about three points. | 我三分射篮很行 |
[1:08:03] | I’m all about home runs. | 我就很会打全垒打 |
[1:08:05] | Stop mixing your sporting metaphors. | 别用运动术语影射 |
[1:08:21] | A leprechaun’s got his dick in the monkey’s ass. | 妖精的老二在猴子屁眼里 |
[1:08:24] | Morgan comes running in, going, “I don’t mind it. I don’t mind…” | 摩根跑出来说”我不介意 我不介意…” |
[1:08:30] | Well, I can’t believe you brought Skylar here | 干 你竟挑我们 |
[1:08:32] | when we’re fucking all bombed and drinking. | 烂醉时带她来 |
[1:08:34] | I know, Morgan. It’s a real rarity we’d be all drinking. | 我知道 摩根 我们很难得一起喝酒 |
[1:08:37] | My uncle Marty drinks. He’ll go on a bender for six, eight months. | 我叔叔马帝只要一喝酒 就会狂欢个一年半载 |
[1:08:40] | Did I ever tell ya what happened to him | 我讲过他开车 |
[1:08:42] | when he was driving up there and got pulled over? | 被拦下来的事没 |
[1:08:43] | -I told you guys, right? -Marty, yeah. | -我跟你们讲过的 对吗 -马帝 嗯 |
[1:08:46] | Let me tell ya what happened to my uncle Marty, because you oughta know this. | 我来说说马帝叔叔的事 你们应该知道的 |
[1:08:49] | He’s always telling stories. Every time we come here he’s got another story. | 他很喜欢讲故事 每次我到他那里都有新花样 |
[1:08:53] | But we all heard this one. Go ahead. Say it anyway. | 这个我们早就听过了 还是说吧 快讲 |
[1:08:57] | I will go ahead. Thanks a lot. Guess I have the floor now. | 我会讲 多谢 换我发言 |
[1:09:02] | My uncle Marty’s driving home, right? | 我叔叔开车回家 对吗 |
[1:09:05] | Bombed out of his tree, right? | 撞到了树 对吗 |
[1:09:07] | Just hammered out of his gourd. Just wrecked. | 他醉得一塌糊涂 撞得七零八落 |
[1:09:10] | This state trooper sees him, pulls him over. So my uncle’s fucked basically. | 州警看见 把他拦下来 我叔叔惨了 |
[1:09:14] | Got him out of the car, trying to make him walk the line. | 州警要他下车走直线 |
[1:09:16] | He gets out of the car, pukes, | 结果他吐在州警身上 |
[1:09:18] | and the statie’s pretty sure he’s over the legal limit. | 州警确信他超过酒精浓度 |
[1:09:20] | So he’s about to throw the cuffs on him and put him in jail. | 正要把他戴上手铐送去坐牢 |
[1:09:24] | All of a sudden, 50 yards down the road, there’s this huge fucking boom. | 突然五十码外他妈的一声巨响 |
[1:09:28] | -Statie gets real spooked. He turns around… -He got shot? | -州警吓一大跳 转身…-枪声 |
[1:09:32] | No. So… So… You heard this story before. | 不是…你听过这故事了 |
[1:09:35] | Yeah, Morgan, stop. Stop. | 摩根 停 停 |
[1:09:37] | Some other guy’s car had hit a tree. There was an accident. | 是别人的车撞到树 出事了 |
[1:09:40] | Anyway… | 总之… |
[1:09:42] | -How could he hear… -Shut the fuck up! | -那他…-他妈的闭嘴 |
[1:09:44] | -You’re driving him nuts. -I’m gonna break your neck. Shut up! | -你把他惹毛了 -我要扭断你脖子 闭嘴 |
[1:09:47] | He told you the story once before. | 他跟你说过这故事了 |
[1:09:49] | So he tells my uncle, “Stay here. Don’t move.” | 州警跟我叔叔说”站住 别走” |
[1:09:52] | Statie goes running down the road to deal with the other accident. | 就跑去处理另一起事故 |
[1:09:56] | After a few minutes of just lying in his own piss and vomit, | 躺在尿和呕吐物中几分钟后 |
[1:10:00] | my uncle starts wondering what he’s doing there. | 我叔叔才想到他在那儿干嘛 |
[1:10:02] | Gets up, gets in his car and just drives home. | 于是站起来开车回家 |
[1:10:05] | The next morning my uncle’s just passed out. | 隔天早上我叔叔还昏迷不醒 |
[1:10:08] | He hears this knocking at the door. | 他听到敲门声 |
[1:10:10] | So he goes downstairs, pulls the door open… “What?” | 下楼拉开门…说”什么事” |
[1:10:13] | It’s the state trooper that pulled him over. | 敲门的是拦下他的州警 |
[1:10:15] | Statie says, “Fuck you mean, ‘What?’ | 州警说”我操 你明知故问 |
[1:10:17] | You know what. I pulled you over last night is what, and you took off.” | 我昨晚拦下你 你逃走了” |
[1:10:21] | He’s like, “l never seen you before in my life. | 叔叔说”我从来没见过你 |
[1:10:23] | I’ve been home all night with my kids. I don’t know who the fuck you are.” | 我整晚在家 你乱讲什么” |
[1:10:26] | He’s like, “You know who I am. Let me get in your garage.” | 州警说”别装蒜了 到车库” |
[1:10:30] | My uncle’s like, “What?” He said, “You heard me. Let me get in your garage.” | 我叔叔说”什么” 州警说”带我去你的车库” |
[1:10:32] | He was like, “All right. Fine.” Takes him out to the garage, opens the door. | 我叔叔说”好的” 带他到车库 打开门 |
[1:10:35] | And there’s… The statie’s police cruiser is in my uncle’s garage. | 警车就在我叔叔的车库里 |
[1:10:40] | He was so fucking… | 他他妈的… |
[1:10:43] | He was so fucking hammered he drove the wrong car home. | 他醉到他妈的开错车回家了 |
[1:10:45] | The best part about it is, the fucking state trooper… | 最屌的是州警好糗… |
[1:10:49] | was so embarrassed he didn’t do anything. | 他整晚什么都没做 |
[1:10:51] | He’d been driving around all night in my uncle’s Chevelle, looking for the house. | 开着我叔叔的车挨家挨户找人 |
[1:10:55] | All right, Chuck, what the fuck is the point of your story? | 你的故事重点是什么 |
[1:10:59] | He got away. That’s the point. | 他逃跑了就是重点 |
[1:11:01] | -Well, question… -Come on. Stop. | -好 问题是…-得了 快停下 |
[1:11:05] | -I’m trying to clarify something. -You’re embarrassing him. | -我在努力阐明一些事情 -你是在糗他 |
[1:11:07] | -It doesn’t make any sense. -It does make sense, | -你讲的故事没什么道理 -这个故事有道理 |
[1:11:10] | if you listen to the story and quit asking questions. | 听故事别问东问西的 |
[1:11:12] | Well, let’s see if you can get this one. I’ve got a little story for you. | 摩根 看这个故事你懂不懂 |
[1:11:15] | All right, there’s an old couple in bed, Mary and Paddie. | 好 一对老夫妻在床上 玛丽和派帝 |
[1:11:20] | They wake up on the morning of their 50th anniversary. | 结婚50周年那天他们醒来 |
[1:11:26] | Mary looks over and gazes adoringly at Paddie. | 玛丽深情地望着派帝 |
[1:11:29] | She’s like, “Oh, Jesus, Paddie. | 说”天哪 派帝 |
[1:11:31] | You’re such a good-looking feller. I love ya. | 你真是一个大帅哥 我爱你 |
[1:11:34] | I want to give ya a little present. | 我要送你一件礼物 |
[1:11:36] | Anything your little heart desires, I’m going to give it to ya. | 你渴望什么我都给你 |
[1:11:39] | What would ya like? | 你想要什么 |
[1:11:41] | Paddie’s like, “Oh, gee, Mary. That’s a very sweet offer. | 派帝说”玛丽 这真是甜蜜的提议 |
[1:11:46] | Now, in 50 years, there’s one thing that’s been missing, | 五十年来就少一样东西 |
[1:11:51] | and, uh, I would like you to give me a blow job. | 我希望你帮我吹喇叭 |
[1:11:55] | I would like for it.” Mary’s like, “All right.” | 我想要” 玛丽说”好” |
[1:11:58] | She takes her teeth out, puts them in the glass. She gives him a blow job. | 她把假牙拿掉 放进杯子里 然后帮他吹 |
[1:12:03] | Afterwards, Paddie’s like, “Yeah, geez, now that’s what I’ve been missing. | 之后派帝说”天啊 这就是我最渴望 |
[1:12:07] | That was the most beautiful, earth-shattering thing ever! | 最美妙 最勾魂摄魄的事 |
[1:12:11] | Beautiful, Mary! I love ya! | 太棒了 玛丽 我爱你 |
[1:12:13] | Is there anything that I can do for you?” | 我能为你做什么吗” |
[1:12:16] | Mary looks up to him and she goes, “Give us a kiss.” | 玛丽抬头看着他说”亲一下” |
[1:12:21] | -Oh! -Oh, my God! | -噢 -噢 我的天 |
[1:12:23] | -That’s filthy. -It’s not that filthy. I’ve heard filthy. | -好恶心 -不恶心 我听过更恶心的 |
[1:12:31] | -Get off of me! -All right. See you guys later. | -离我远点 -好的 再见 |
[1:12:35] | All right. Take it easy, Bill. | 保重 比利 |
[1:12:39] | So, Skylar, thanks for coming by. | 史凯兰 谢谢你过来 |
[1:12:41] | Changed my opinion of Harvard people. | 改变我对哈佛人的看法 |
[1:12:43] | You don’t want to rush to judgment on that one, because they’re not all like me. | 别骤下断语 他们跟我不同 |
[1:12:47] | Oh. I’m sure. It was nice to meet ya. | 我相信 很高兴认识你 |
[1:12:49] | -Oh. -Take it easy. Slowly back away. | -噢 -小心 慢慢让开 |
[1:12:52] | -Oh, come on. Brother. -I don’t know what you’re doing, dude. | -快点 兄弟 -我不知道你要干什么 老兄 |
[1:12:56] | -You’re giving us a ride. -What the fuck do I look like to you? | -你要送我们 -你以为我在干嘛 |
[1:12:59] | -Come on, Chuck. -You’re walking, bitch. Will’s taking the car. | -快点 查克 -你来步行 车给威尔 |
[1:13:03] | All right, thanks, sucker. I appreciate it. | 好 谢了 很感激 |
[1:13:06] | I don’t know what you’re getting all serious about. | 干嘛这么正经 |
[1:13:09] | -You’re dropping me off first. -It’s really out of the way. | -你还是要先送我回家 -这样很不顺路 |
[1:13:13] | Oh, okay. Just because you don’t have to sleep in your one-room palace tonight… | 别以为今晚可以外宿… |
[1:13:16] | don’t start thinking you’re bad. | 就屌成这样 |
[1:13:18] | Hey, wait a minute. You said we were gonna see your place. | 等一下 你说要去看你家 |
[1:13:20] | -Not tonight. -Oh, no, not tonight. Not any other night. | -今晚不行 -今晚不行 哪一晚都不行 |
[1:13:23] | He knows once you see that shit-hole he’s getting dropped like a bad habit. | 他知道你一看过就会甩了他 |
[1:13:27] | But I wanted to meet your brothers. | 但我想见你哥哥 |
[1:13:29] | We’re gonna do that another time. | 不 改天吧 |
[1:13:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:13:35] | Need them keys. | 我需要钥匙 |
[1:13:38] | The stewardess hears this and goes hauling ass down the aisle. | 空服员听到就往走道上冲 |
[1:13:42] | I yell, “Don’t forget the coffee.” | 我喊道”别忘了咖啡” |
[1:13:45] | No shit! You didn’t say that. | 狗屁 你没那么说 |
[1:13:47] | For Christ’s sake, Marty, it’s a joke. | 拜托 那是笑话嘛 |
[1:13:50] | -I know someone that actually happened to, Marty. -A joke. | -我认识真的碰到这事的人 -只是个笑话 |
[1:13:52] | -Gerry. -Hi. | -杰洛 -嗨 |
[1:13:54] | -Have trouble finding the place? -No, I took a cab. | -这边很难找吗 -不会 我搭计程车 |
[1:13:56] | Timmy, this is Gerry. We went to college together. | 提米 这是杰洛 大学同学 |
[1:14:00] | How you doing? Nice to meet ya. | 你好 幸会 |
[1:14:02] | -Pleased to meet you. -Can I get you a beer? | -幸会 -请你喝杯啤酒吧 |
[1:14:04] | Um, no, just a Perrier. | 不 来杯沛绿雅 |
[1:14:07] | That’s French for club soda. | 那是法文的苏打水 |
[1:14:09] | -Club soda, yeah. -Couple of sandwiches too. | -苏打水 好 -再来几个三明治 |
[1:14:11] | -Sure. -Put it on my tab. | -好 -算在我帐上 |
[1:14:13] | You ever planning on paying your tab? | 你打算要签帐吗 |
[1:14:16] | Yeah, chief, got the winning lottery ticket right here. | 要 我这边有中奖彩券 |
[1:14:18] | -What’s the jackpot? -Twelve million. | -奖金多少 -一千两百万 |
[1:14:20] | -I don’t think that’ll cover it. -It’ll cover your sex change operation. | -我看不够付 -够付你的变性手术了 |
[1:14:28] | -Nuts? -No, thank you. | -坚果 -不 谢谢 |
[1:14:34] | So, you wanted to talk about Will. | 那么 你想谈谈威尔 |
[1:14:37] | -Well, it seems to be going well. -I think so. | -好像很顺利 -我想是的 |
[1:14:42] | Have you talked to him at all about his future? | 你跟他谈过未来没 |
[1:14:45] | No, we haven’t gotten into that yet. We’re still banging away at the past. | 没谈到那种程度 我们还只是在往事中徘徊 |
[1:14:49] | Maybe you should. My phone’s been ringing off the hook with job offers. | 该开始谈了 许多工作都急着找他 |
[1:14:53] | -What kind? -Cutting edge mathematics, think tanks. | -哪种工作 -尖端科技数学 智囊团 |
[1:14:57] | The kind of place where a mind like Will’s is given free rein. | 威尔的头脑能发挥的地方 |
[1:15:00] | That’s great that there are offers, but I don’t really think he’s ready for that. | 那真好 但他还没准备好 |
[1:15:10] | I’m not sure you understand, Sean. | 我想你不明白 尚恩 |
[1:15:12] | -What don’t I understand? -Here you go, guys. | -我不明白什么 -来了 |
[1:15:15] | -Thanks, Tim. -Yeah, thank you. | -谢谢 提米 -谢谢你 |
[1:15:18] | Just so you don’t get sticky fingers. | 这样手指不会拧拧的 |
[1:15:20] | Tim, can you help us? | 提米 你要帮我们吗 |
[1:15:23] | We’re trying to settle a bet. | 我们要赌一赌输赢 |
[1:15:25] | Uh-oh. | 哦 |
[1:15:27] | Ever heard of Jonas Salk? | 听过乔纳斯索克吗 |
[1:15:28] | Sure. Cured polio. | 当然 被治愈的小儿麻痹症患者 |
[1:15:30] | -Ever heard of Albert Einstein? -Hey. | -听过爱因斯坦吗 -嘿 |
[1:15:35] | How about Gerald Lambeau? Ever heard of him? | 杰洛蓝勃呢 听过吗 |
[1:15:39] | -No. -Thank you, Tim. | -没有 -谢谢 |
[1:15:42] | -So who won the bet? -I did. | -谁赌赢了 -我赢了 |
[1:15:46] | This isn’t about me, Sean. | 这不是我的事 |
[1:15:51] | I’m nothing compared to this young man. | 我跟这年轻人比起来不算什么 |
[1:15:57] | You ever hear of Gerald Lambeau? | 你听过杰洛蓝勃吗 |
[1:15:59] | In 1905 there were hundreds | 在1905年 |
[1:16:01] | of professors renown for their study of the universe. | 有许多以研究宇宙闻名的教授 |
[1:16:04] | But it was a 26-year-old Swiss patent clerk, | 但改变世界的却是个 |
[1:16:09] | doing physics in his spare time, who changed the world. | 趁闲暇时研究物理的26岁办事员 |
[1:16:11] | Can you imagine if Einstein would have given that up… | 你可以想像如果爱因斯坦… |
[1:16:13] | just to get drunk with his buddies in Vienna every night. | 每天都喝得烂醉的话会怎样 |
[1:16:16] | We all would have lost something. | 我们都会失去一些东西 |
[1:16:19] | Tim would never have heard of him. | 而提米绝不会听过他 |
[1:16:21] | -Pretty dramatic, Gerry. -No, it isn’t, Sean. | -非常戏剧化 -不是 |
[1:16:24] | This boy has that gift. | 这孩子有天赋 |
[1:16:27] | He just doesn’t got the direction, but we can give that to him. | 他只是没方向 我们应该给他 |
[1:16:29] | Hey, Gerry, in the 1960s, | 杰洛 在60年代 |
[1:16:31] | there was a young man graduated from University of Michigan. | 曾有一个密西根大学毕业的年轻人 |
[1:16:34] | Did some brilliant work in mathematics. | 他的数学很出色 |
[1:16:38] | Specifically, bounded harmonic functions. | 特别是有界集函数 |
[1:16:40] | Then he went on to Berkeley. He was assistant professor. Showed amazing potential. | 他到柏克莱当助教 潜力惊人 |
[1:16:43] | Then he moved to Montana, and he blew the competition away. | 然后在蒙大拿州赢得竞赛 |
[1:16:46] | -Yeah, so who was he? -Ted Kaczynski. | -好 他是谁 -泰德卡辛斯基 |
[1:16:49] | Haven’t heard of him. | 没听过 |
[1:16:51] | -Hey, Timmy! -Yo! | -提米 -哟 |
[1:16:53] | -Who’s Ted Kaczynski? -Unabomber. | -谁是泰德卡辛斯基 -邮包炸弹狂 |
[1:16:58] | That’s exactly what I’m talking about. | 那就是我要说的 |
[1:17:01] | -We gotta give this kid direction. -Yeah… | -他需要我们指点方向 -嗯… |
[1:17:03] | He can contribute to the world, and we can help him do that. | 他能贡献世人 我们能帮他做到 |
[1:17:06] | Direction’s one thing. Manipulation’s another. | 方向是一回事 操纵是另一回事 |
[1:17:08] | -Sean… -We have to let him find… | -尚恩…-你要让他自己发掘… |
[1:17:11] | I’m not sitting at home every night | 尚恩 我不是 |
[1:17:12] | twisting my mustache and hatching a plan… | 每晚坐在家里绞尽脑汁… |
[1:17:14] | to ruin this boy’s life! | 策划怎么摧毁他的人生 |
[1:17:16] | I was doing advanced mathematics when I was 18, | 我18岁就会做高级数学 |
[1:17:18] | and it still took me over 20 years to do something worthy of a Field’s medal. | 然而之后仍旧花了20年才得到菲尔兹奖 |
[1:17:21] | Maybe he doesn’t want what you want. | 也许他不想照你的想法去做 |
[1:17:23] | There’s more to life than a fucking Field’s medal. | 人生不只是一个他妈的奖章 |
[1:17:26] | This is too important, Sean, and it’s above personal rivalry. | 这太重要了 而且这要超越个人立场 |
[1:17:30] | Wait a minute. Let’s talk about the boy. | 等等 我们谈的是这孩子 |
[1:17:32] | Why don’t we give him time to figure out what he wants? | 为何不给他时间想清楚要什么 |
[1:17:35] | That’s a wonderful theory, Sean. It worked wonders for you, didn’t it? | 很棒的理论 可以为你创造奇迹 是吗 |
[1:17:39] | Yeah, it did, you arrogant fucking prick! | 对 你这个自负的混蛋 |
[1:17:43] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I came here today. | 我很遗憾 很遗憾今天我来了 |
[1:17:46] | I came here out of courtesy. I wanted to keep you in the loop. | 我是来这是出于好意 我想让你参与这件事 |
[1:17:48] | Nice to be in the loop. | 我很高兴能够参与 |
[1:17:51] | The boy’s in a meeting right now I set up for him over at McNeil. | 那孩子此刻正在我安排的面谈中 |
[1:17:54] | Well, Will, I’m not exactly sure what you mean. | 威尔 我不清楚你的意思 |
[1:17:59] | We’ve already offered you a position. | 我们已经给你职位了 |
[1:18:01] | Nobody in this town works without a retainer, guys. | 这年头做事没人不拿酬金的 |
[1:18:03] | You think you can find somebody who does, you have my blessing. | 你们认为找得到 我祝福你们 |
[1:18:07] | But I think we all know that person is not gonna represent you as well as I can. | 但没有人可以像我做得那么好 |
[1:18:10] | Will, our offer is $84,000 a year. | 我们已给你年薪八万四加福利 |
[1:18:13] | Retainer! Retainer. | 酬金 酬金 |
[1:18:18] | You want us to give you cash right now? | 你是要我们现在给你现金 |
[1:18:21] | Whoa-ho-ho. Easy… Now, I didn’t say that. | 慢点…我没那么说 |
[1:18:25] | Allegedly, your situation, for you, | 这么说来 这种情况下 对你来说 |
[1:18:30] | would be concurrently improved if I had… | 如果我口袋里有两百块… |
[1:18:34] | $200 in my back pocket right now. | 你们的处境会同时获得改善 |
[1:18:37] | I don’t think I can… Larry? | 我不认为我能…赖瑞 |
[1:18:42] | -I’ve got $73. -Will you take a check? | -我有73块 -你收支票吗 |
[1:18:46] | Let me tell you something. You’re suspect. | 我说你们这种举止相当可疑 |
[1:18:51] | Yeah, you. I don’t know what your reputation is in this town, | 对 你们 我不知道你们的声誉怎样 |
[1:18:56] | but after the shit you tried to pull today, | 但耍这种花招 |
[1:18:59] | you can bet I’ll be looking into you. | 我一定会调查 |
[1:19:02] | Now, any business we have heretofore, | 关于我们未来的合作 |
[1:19:07] | you can speak with my aforementioned attorney. | 请和我的律师谈 |
[1:19:11] | Good day, gentlemen. | 再见 先生们 |
[1:19:13] | And until that day comes, keep your ear to the grindstone. | 在那天到来前 拼命干活吧 |
[1:19:31] | -How’s it going? -Fine. | -怎么样 -很好 |
[1:19:33] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:19:35] | Good. | 好的 |
[1:19:38] | -Want some help? -No! | -要帮忙吗 -不要 |
[1:19:41] | Come on. Give me one little peek, and we’ll go to the batting cages. | 给我看一下 我们要去练球场 |
[1:19:44] | No. | 不 |
[1:19:46] | It is actually important that I learn this. | 我一定要念这个 真的很重要 |
[1:19:50] | -It’s really important… to me, okay? -All right. | -对我而言…真的很重要 懂吗 -好吧 |
[1:19:54] | -Why don’t we just hang out here all day? -Yes, why don’t we? | -那就在这边待一整天 -有何不可 |
[1:20:01] | All right, Mr. Nosey Parker. | 好 多管闲事先生 |
[1:20:05] | Seeing as you’re intent on breaking my balls, | 既然你打算烦我 |
[1:20:10] | -let me ask you a question. -All right. | -让我问你一个问题 -好的 |
[1:20:14] | Do you have a photographic memory? | 你有影像记忆力吗 |
[1:20:18] | I don’t know. I just kind of remember. | 不知道 我就是记得 |
[1:20:20] | I mean, how do you remember your phone number? | 就好比你可以记得你的电话号码 |
[1:20:22] | You just do. | 就是那么简单 |
[1:20:24] | -Have you studied organic chemistry? -A little bit. | -你念过有机化学吗 -一点点 |
[1:20:27] | -Oh, just for fun? -Yeah, for kicks. | -为了好玩 -对 为了找乐趣 |
[1:20:30] | Yeah, it’s so much fun studying organic chemistry. | 念有机化学会有趣 |
[1:20:32] | Are you mad? | 你疯啦 |
[1:20:35] | Have you completely lost your mind? | 你精神失常吗 |
[1:20:38] | Nobody studies it for fun. | 没人会为了好玩念化学 |
[1:20:40] | It’s not a necessity, especially for someone like you. | 没有必要 尤其对你这种人而言 |
[1:20:42] | -Someone like me? -Yeah. | -我这种人 -对 |
[1:20:45] | Someone who divides their time, fairly evenly, between batting cages and bars. | 相对公平地把时间分配给练球场和酒吧的人 |
[1:20:49] | -I would hardly say it was a necessity. -Oh. | -我说那没必要 -噢 |
[1:20:54] | You know, there are very smart people here at Harvard. | 你知道 哈佛有很聪明的人 |
[1:20:57] | Even they have to study, because this is really hard. | 即便是他们也都得花大力气 因为太难了 |
[1:21:01] | And yet… you do it so easily. I don’t understand. | 然而…你却如此简单地做到了 我不懂 |
[1:21:06] | I don’t understand how your mind works. | 我不懂你的大脑怎么运作 |
[1:21:09] | -Did you play the piano? -I want to talk about this. | -你弹钢琴吗 -别转移话题 |
[1:21:11] | No, I’m trying to explain it to you. Do you play the piano? | 我在跟你解释嘛 你会弹吗 |
[1:21:13] | -Yeah, a bit. -So when you look at a piano, you see Mozart. | -一点点 -当你看着钢琴 就看到莫札特 |
[1:21:18] | -I see “Chopsticks.” -All right, well, Beethoven, okay? | -我看到筷子 -好 贝多芬 好吗 |
[1:21:21] | He looked at a piano, and it just made sense to him. He could just play. | 他一看到钢琴 很自然地就会弹 |
[1:21:25] | -So what are you saying? You play the piano? -Not a lick. | -你在说什么 你是说你会弹琴 -根本不会 |
[1:21:28] | I look at a piano, I see a bunch of keys, three pedals and a box of wood. | 望着钢琴 我只看到琴键 踏板和木头 |
[1:21:32] | But Beethoven, Mozart… | 但贝多芬 莫扎特… |
[1:21:34] | They saw it. They could just play. | 他们看到钢琴 自然而然就会弹 |
[1:21:36] | I couldn’t paint you a picture. I probably can’t hit the ball out of Fenway. | 我不会画画 连球都打不好 |
[1:21:41] | And I can’t play the piano. | 我也不会弹琴 |
[1:21:43] | But you can do my O-chem paper in under an hour. | 但你会一小时内做好化学作业 |
[1:21:46] | Right. Well, I mean, when it came to stuff like that, | 对 我就是有那种才能 |
[1:21:49] | I could always just play. | 就是那么得心应手 |
[1:21:53] | That’s the best I can explain it. | 我只能解释到这样 |
[1:21:55] | -Come here. I have to tell you something. -Huh? | -来 我有话告诉你 -嗯 |
[1:21:59] | -I have to tell you something. -Oh. | -我跟你讲一件事 -噢 |
[1:22:02] | Well… | 那没… |
[1:22:18] | -It’s not fair. -What’s not fair? What? | -这不公平 -什么不公平 什么 |
[1:22:23] | I’ve been here for four years, | 我在这边四年了 |
[1:22:26] | and I’ve only just found you. | 直到现在才发现你 |
[1:22:30] | Well, you found me. | 起码你还是发现我啦 |
[1:22:44] | -Are you awake? -No. | -你醒着吗 -没有 |
[1:22:49] | Yes, you are. | 你没睡 |
[1:22:54] | Come to California with me. | 跟我一起去加州 |
[1:22:59] | What? | 什么 |
[1:23:03] | I want you to come to California with me. | 我要你跟我去加州 |
[1:23:11] | -You sure about that? -Oh, yeah. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[1:23:15] | Yeah, but how do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:23:19] | I don’t know. I just know. | 不晓得 我就是知道 |
[1:23:23] | Yeah, but how do you know? | 但你怎么会知道 |
[1:23:26] | I know because I feel it. | 我知道 因为我感觉得到 |
[1:23:29] | -Because that’s a really serious thing you’re saying. -I know. | -因为你说的是很严肃的事 -我知道 |
[1:23:34] | You could be in California next week… | 下礼拜到了加州… |
[1:23:36] | and you might find out something about me you don’t like. | 你可能会发现不喜欢我的地方 |
[1:23:40] | Maybe you wish you hadn’t said that, | 你会希望你没说过这些话 |
[1:23:42] | but you know it’s such a serious thing you can’t take it back. | 但这是无法收回的事 |
[1:23:44] | Now I’m stuck in California with someone that doesn’t really want to be with me, | 于是我跟不爱我的人困在加州 |
[1:23:47] | -just wish they had a take-back. -A what? What’s a take-back? | -她却希望一切能收回 -什么 什么是收回 |
[1:23:52] | I don’t want a take-back. I just want you to come to California with me. | 我不想收回 我只要你跟我去加州 |
[1:23:58] | Well, I can’t go to California with you, so… | 我不能和你去加州… |
[1:24:03] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:24:05] | Well, one, because I got a job here. | 一是因为我在这边有工作 |
[1:24:09] | And, two, because I live here. | 二是因为我住这边 |
[1:24:12] | Look, um, if you don’t love me, you should just tell me. | 听着 你不爱我就该告诉我 |
[1:24:17] | I’m not saying I don’t love you. | 我没说不爱你 |
[1:24:19] | Then why? Why won’t you come? What are you so scared of? | 那为什么 那为什么不去 你怕什么 |
[1:24:24] | What am I so scared of? | 我怕什么 |
[1:24:27] | Well, what aren’t you scared of? | 你不怕什么 |
[1:24:30] | You live in this safe little world where no one challenges you… | 你活在没人挑战的世界里… |
[1:24:33] | Don’t tell me about my world. | 别随意指摘我的世界怎么样 |
[1:24:35] | Don’t tell me about my world. | 别随意指摘我的世界怎么样 |
[1:24:37] | You just want to have your little fling with the guy from the other side of town. | 你只是想跟低下阶层搞一下 |
[1:24:40] | Then you’re gonna go off to Stanford. You’re gonna marry some rich prick… | 然后到斯坦福 你会嫁给你父母认同的… |
[1:24:42] | who your parents will approve of… | 那些有钱的混蛋… |
[1:24:44] | and just sit around with the other trust fund babies… | 跟其他富家女坐在一起… |
[1:24:47] | and talk about how you went slumming, too, once. | 说你到过贫民窟 |
[1:24:49] | Why are you saying this? What is your obsession with this money? | 你在说什么 你为何这么在乎钱 |
[1:24:54] | My father died when I was 13, and I inherited this money. | 我十三岁丧父 继承家产 |
[1:24:59] | You don’t think every day I wake up, and I wish I could give it back. | 我每天醒来 都希望能把钱都还给他 |
[1:25:04] | That I would give it back in a second if it meant | 只要能让我多陪他一天 |
[1:25:06] | I could have one more day with him. | 我会毫不犹豫放弃所有财产 |
[1:25:08] | But I can’t, and that’s my life, and I deal with it. | 但我不能 那是我的人生 我面对它 |
[1:25:12] | So don’t put your shit on me when you’re the one that’s afraid. | 别把你的害怕推到我身上 |
[1:25:15] | I’m afraid? What am I afraid of? What the fuck am I afraid of? | 我怕 我怕什么 我他妈的怕什么 |
[1:25:17] | You’re afraid of me. You’re afraid that I won’t love you back. | 你怕我 怕我不爱你 |
[1:25:20] | You know what? I’m afraid too. | 你知道吗 我也怕 |
[1:25:22] | But fuck it, I want to give it a shot. At least I’m honest with you. | 但我想试试看 起码我诚实 |
[1:25:26] | I’m not honest with you? | 难道我对你不诚实 |
[1:25:27] | No, what about your 12 brothers? | 不 你的十二个哥哥呢 |
[1:25:29] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:25:32] | No, you’re not going. You’re not leaving. | 你不能走 不准离开 |
[1:25:34] | What do you want to know? That I don’t have 12 brothers? | 你想知道什么 我没有12个哥哥 |
[1:25:37] | That I’m a fucking orphan? | 我他妈的是个孤儿 |
[1:25:38] | -You don’t want to hear that. -I didn’t know that. | -你不会想听的 -我并不晓得 |
[1:25:40] | You don’t want to hear I got fucking cigarettes put out on me when I was little. | 你不会想听我童年被人用香烟烧 |
[1:25:44] | -I didn’t know that. -That this isn’t fucking surgery. | -我不晓得 -那不是手术 |
[1:25:46] | The motherfucker stabbed me. You don’t want to hear that shit, Skylar! | 那混蛋刺伤我 你不会想听这种事 史凯兰 |
[1:25:49] | -I do want to hear that. -Don’t tell me you want that shit! | -我想要听 -别跟我说你想听 |
[1:25:51] | -I want to help you. -Help me? What the fuck? | -因为我想帮你 -帮我 什么鬼东西 |
[1:25:55] | What do I got, a fucking sign on my back that says, “Save me”? | 我脸上有写着”请救我”吗 |
[1:25:58] | -No. -Do I look like I need that? | -没有 -我像要人救的样子吗 |
[1:26:00] | -No, I just want to be with you… -Don’t bullshit me! | -我想跟你在一起…-别耍我 |
[1:26:02] | -I love you. -Don’t bullshit me! Don’t you fucking bullshit me! | -我爱你 -别耍我 别他妈的耍我 |
[1:26:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:26:09] | I want to hear you say that you don’t love me. | 我要听你说你不爱我 |
[1:26:14] | Because if you say that… | 因为如果你说出口… |
[1:26:18] | then I won’t call you… | 那么我就不再打电话给你… |
[1:26:21] | and I won’t be in your life. | 不再出现在你的生命里 |
[1:26:29] | I don’t love you. | 我不爱你 |
[1:27:13] | Most people never get to see how brilliant they can be. | 很多人都无从得知自己的天赋 |
[1:27:17] | They don’t find teachers that believe in them. | 因为找不到相信他们的老师 |
[1:27:20] | They get convinced they’re stupid. | 于是他们深信自己很笨 |
[1:27:24] | I hope you appreciate what he’s doing, | 希望你能感激他所做的 |
[1:27:27] | because I’ve seen how much he enjoys working with you, | 因为我知道他很喜欢跟你合作 |
[1:27:30] | not against you. | 我没有反对你 |
[1:27:37] | Hello, Will. | 你好 威尔 |
[1:27:39] | Tom, can you get us some coffee? | 汤姆 拿点咖啡来 |
[1:27:42] | Sure. | 好的 |
[1:27:47] | Now, let’s see. | 好的 我看看 |
[1:27:55] | Good. This is correct. | 很好 正确 |
[1:28:00] | I see you used Maclaurin here. | 你用了麦克老林公式 |
[1:28:02] | Yeah, I don’t know what you call it, but… | 我不知道那玩意叫什么 但是… |
[1:28:05] | This can’t be right. | 这样不对 |
[1:28:11] | This would be very embarrassing. | 这会很难堪 |
[1:28:17] | -Did you ever consider… -I’m pretty sure it’s right. | -你是否想过…-我确信是对的 |
[1:28:20] | Hey, look, can we do this at Sean’s office from now on? | 听着 我们以后能在尚恩的办公室做心理治疗吗 |
[1:28:22] | Because I got to knock off work to come here and the commute is killing me. | 我得放下工作过来 坐车很烦 |
[1:28:26] | -Yeah, sure. Did you think of the possibility… -That’s right. | -好 可不可能…-那是对的 |
[1:28:30] | It’s right. Just take it home with you. | 那是对的 把它带回家吧 |
[1:28:38] | What happened at the McNeil meeting? | 麦尼尔的面谈怎么了 |
[1:28:40] | I couldn’t go. I had a date. | 我去不了 我有约会 |
[1:28:42] | So I sent my chief negotiator. | 所以我派我的谈判代表去 |
[1:28:49] | On your own time, you can do whatever you like, Will. | 你自己的时间爱干嘛随你 |
[1:28:53] | But when I set up a meeting with my associates, | 但我安排的会谈 |
[1:28:56] | and you don’t show up, it reflects poorly on me. | 你没出现 就会让我丢脸 |
[1:28:59] | -Then don’t set up any more meetings. -I won’t. | -好 那就别安排了 -我不会 |
[1:29:01] | I’ll cancel them. | 我会通通取消 |
[1:29:03] | I’ll give you a job myself. I just wanted you to see what was out there. | 我会亲自给你工作 让你看看外面的世界 |
[1:29:07] | Maybe I don’t want to spend the rest of my fucking life explaining shit to people. | 或许我不想一辈子做解说员 |
[1:29:17] | I think you could show me some appreciation. | 但你可以表示感激吧 |
[1:29:20] | A little appreciation? Do you know how easy this is for me? | 感激 你知道这有多容易吗 |
[1:29:24] | Do you have any fucking idea how easy this is? This is a fucking joke. | 你知道这他妈的有多容易吗 别他妈的说笑了 |
[1:29:28] | I’m sorry you can’t do this… I really am… | 我很遗憾你不会解…真的… |
[1:29:30] | Because I wouldn’t have to fucking sit here | 因为我不想坐在这儿看你摸索 |
[1:29:34] | and watch you fumble around and fuck it up. | 然后搞砸掉 |
[1:29:39] | Then you’d have more time to sit around and get drunk instead, wouldn’t you? | 这样你就会有更多的时间花天酒地 是吗 |
[1:29:43] | You’re right. This is probably a total waste of my time. | 没错 这完全浪费我的时间 |
[1:30:01] | You’re right, Will. | 你说得对 |
[1:30:06] | I can’t do this proof, but you can. | 我解不出来 但你会做到 |
[1:30:10] | And when it comes to that, | 说到这个 |
[1:30:12] | it’s only about just a handful of people in the world… | 这个世界只有少数人… |
[1:30:14] | who can tell the difference between you and me. | 才能看出你我的差别 |
[1:30:17] | -But I’m one of them. -Sorry. | -我是其中之一 -我很遗憾 |
[1:30:19] | Yeah, so am l. | 我也是 |
[1:30:21] | Most days I wish I never met you, | 我常希望没遇到你 |
[1:30:26] | because then I could sleep at night. | 这样我夜里就能睡得着 |
[1:30:29] | I didn’t have to walk around with the knowledge | 不用惦记在外面 |
[1:30:32] | that there was someone like you out there. | 有个像你这样的人 |
[1:30:41] | I didn’t have to watch you throw it all away. | 我就不必看着你糟蹋天赋 |
[1:30:52] | Bill, hold it. Did you hear that? | 比尔 等等 听到没 |
[1:30:57] | Morgan! | 摩根 |
[1:30:59] | If you’re watching pornos in my mom’s room again, | 如果你还敢在我妈房里看A片 |
[1:31:03] | I’m gonna give you a fucking beating! | 我就揍扁你 |
[1:31:21] | What’s up, fellas? | 怎么了 老兄 |
[1:31:24] | Morgan, why don’t you jerk off in your own fucking house. That’s fucking filthy. | 摩根 要打手枪在你家里打 脏死了 |
[1:31:28] | I don’t have a V.C.R. in my house. | 我家没录影机 |
[1:31:33] | Come on. Not in my glove. | 他妈的我不管 |
[1:31:35] | I didn’t use the glove. | 我没用手套 |
[1:31:38] | That’s my Little League glove. | 那是我的小联盟手套 |
[1:31:42] | What do you want me to do? | 你要我怎么做 |
[1:31:45] | I mean, what’s wrong with you? | 你怎么搞的 |
[1:31:47] | You’ll hump a baseball glove? | 操棒球手套啊 |
[1:31:50] | I-I just used it for cleanup. | 我没有 我用它清干净 |
[1:31:53] | Stop jerking off in my mother’s room. | 别在我妈房里打手枪了 |
[1:31:56] | -Is there another V.C.R. in the house? -It’s just sad, bro. | -这屋里还有别台录影机吗 -真可悲 |
[1:32:01] | So why do you think I should work for the National Security Agency? | 我为什么该为国安局做事 |
[1:32:06] | Well, you’d be working on the cutting edge. | 你将研究尖端科技 |
[1:32:10] | You’d be exposed to the kind of technology you wouldn’t see anywhere else, | 接触别处看不到的科技 |
[1:32:13] | because we’ve classified it. | 因为这些都已被列为机密 |
[1:32:16] | Superstring theory, chaos math, advanced algorithms. | 超弦理论 混沌数学 高级算法 |
[1:32:19] | Code breaking. | 破解密码 |
[1:32:22] | That’s one aspect of what we do. | 那是其中一个层面 |
[1:32:25] | Oh, come on. That is what you do. | 得了 那就是你们做的事 |
[1:32:28] | You guys handle 80 of the intelligence workload. | 你们处理八成的情报量 |
[1:32:30] | You’re seven times the size of the C.I.A. | 是中情局的七倍大 |
[1:32:33] | We don’t like to brag about that, Will, but you’re exactly right. | 我们不喜欢自夸 但你说对了 |
[1:32:39] | So the way I see it, the question isn’t: | 我的看法 问题不是 |
[1:32:43] | “Why should you work for the N.S.A.?” | “你干嘛为国安局做事” |
[1:32:46] | The question is: “Why shouldn’t you?” | 而是 “你为何不做” |
[1:32:48] | Why shouldn’t I work for the N.S.A.? | 我为何不为国安局做事 |
[1:32:52] | That’s a tough one, but I’ll take a shot. | 很难的问题 让我想想 |
[1:32:56] | Say I’m working at the N.S.A. and somebody puts a code on my desk. | 若我为国安局做事 国安局的人给我个密码破解 |
[1:32:59] | Something no one else can break. | 其他人都束手无策的密码 |
[1:33:01] | Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. | 或许我试了 也破解了 |
[1:33:03] | I’m real happy with myself because I did my job well. | 我很满意 因为表现良好 |
[1:33:06] | But maybe that code was the location | 但也许那个密码 |
[1:33:07] | of some rebel army in North Africa or Middle East. | 是位于北非或中东的叛军位置 |
[1:33:09] | Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels are hiding. | 他们发现后轰炸叛军藏身地 |
[1:33:12] | Fifteen hundred people that I never met, | 陌生的 |
[1:33:13] | never had no problem with, get killed. | 毫无瓜葛的一千五百人因此丧命 |
[1:33:17] | Now the politicians are saying, “Send in the Marines to secure the area,” | 然后政客高呼”派遣海军陆战队维护当地秩序” |
[1:33:20] | because they don’t give a shit. | 他们才不在乎 |
[1:33:22] | It won’t be their kid over there getting shot, | 被射杀的不会是他们的子女 |
[1:33:24] | just like it wasn’t them when their number got called | 他们也算参了军 |
[1:33:25] | because they were in the National Guard. | 因为他们都加入了后备部队 |
[1:33:27] | It’ll be some kid from Southie over there taking shrapnel in the ass. | 而在那边中弹的南区孩子 |
[1:33:30] | He comes back to find the plant he used to work at… | 回国后发现他以前工作的工厂… |
[1:33:32] | got exported to the country he got back from, | 被移转到他去打仗的国家 |
[1:33:34] | and the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job… | 害他中弹的敌人抢了他的饭碗… |
[1:33:37] | because he’ll work for 15 cents a day and no bathroom breaks. | 因为那个人一天工资不到一元 |
[1:33:40] | Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place… | 最后他发现他会上战场… |
[1:33:42] | was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. | 是为了得到该国的廉价原油 |
[1:33:45] | Of course, the oil companies used | 好让石油公司 |
[1:33:47] | a skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. | 利用战争恐慌抬高国内油价 |
[1:33:50] | A cute little ancillary benefit for them, | 小赚一番 |
[1:33:51] | but it are’nt helping my buddy at 2.50 a gallon. | 但两块五一加仑有个屁用 |
[1:33:54] | They’re taking their sweet time bringing the oil, of course. | 他们得花时间把石油运回国 |
[1:33:56] | Maybe they even took the liberty to hire an alcoholic skipper, | 或许还请了一个酗酒船长 |
[1:33:58] | who likes to drink martinis and fucking play slalom with the icebergs. | 他爱喝马丁尼 玩冰山滑雪 |
[1:34:02] | It are’nt too long till he hits one, spills the oil… | 不久他撞上冰山 原油外漏… |
[1:34:04] | and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. | 杀光北大西洋的海洋生物 |
[1:34:06] | So now my buddy’s out of work, he can’t afford to drive, | 现在我朋友失业 也开不起车 |
[1:34:09] | so he’s walking to the fucking job interviews… | 他走路去面试… |
[1:34:11] | which sucks because the shrapnel in his ass is giving him chronic hemorrhoids. | 这很难受 因为炮弹片让你慢性出血 |
[1:34:14] | Meanwhile, he’s starving, because every time he tries to get a bite to eat, | 与此同时 他饥寒交迫 因为每次想吃东西 |
[1:34:16] | the only blue plate special they’re serving… | 唯一的特餐就是… |
[1:34:18] | is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. | 北大西洋鳕鱼 |
[1:34:21] | So what did I think? I’m holding out for something better. | 那么我会怎么想 我有更好的点子 |
[1:34:26] | I figure, fuck it. While I’m at it, why not just shoot my buddy, | 干 我干脆射杀我朋友算了 |
[1:34:30] | take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, | 把他的工作留给敌人 |
[1:34:32] | hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, | 提高油价 轰炸村庄 打死小海豹 |
[1:34:35] | hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? | 吸食大麻 加入后备部队 |
[1:34:38] | I can be elected president. | 我还可因此被选为总统 |
[1:34:40] | -You feel like you’re alone? -What? | -你感觉孤单吗 -什么 |
[1:34:44] | Do you have a soul mate? | 你有心灵伴侣吗 |
[1:34:47] | Do I have a… Define that. | 我有…说清楚点 |
[1:34:50] | Somebody who challenges you. | 能够和你匹敌的人 |
[1:34:52] | Uh, Chuckie. | 我有查克 |
[1:34:53] | No, Chuckie’s family. | 不 查克是你的家人 |
[1:34:55] | He’d lie down in fucking traffic for you. | 现在还因为你车祸受伤躺在医院 |
[1:34:58] | I’m talking about someone who opens up things for you, touches your soul. | 我指的是敞开你心扉 触动你心灵的人 |
[1:35:04] | -I got… I got… -Who? | -我有…我有…-谁 |
[1:35:07] | -I got plenty. -Well, name them. | -有很多 -说出来 |
[1:35:10] | Shakespeare, Nietzsche, Frost, | 莎士比亚 尼采 佛斯特 |
[1:35:11] | O’Connor, Kant, Pope, Locke… | 奥康纳 康德 洛克… |
[1:35:13] | That’s great. They’re all dead. | 很棒 他们都死了 |
[1:35:15] | -Not to me they’re not. -You don’t have a lot of dialogue with them. | -对我而言 他们没死 -你无法和他们对谈 |
[1:35:19] | You can’t give back to them, Will. | 你不能回应他们 |
[1:35:22] | Not without some serious smelling salts and a heater. | 除非你有仙丹 |
[1:35:24] | That’s what I’m saying. | 对 那就是我所说的 |
[1:35:26] | You’ll never have that kind of relationship in a world… | 如果你不踏出第一步… |
[1:35:30] | where you’re always afraid to take the first step, | 你绝不会有那种关系 |
[1:35:33] | because all you see is every negative thing ten miles down the road. | 因为你只看到负面的事 |
[1:35:36] | -You gonna take the professor’s side on this? -Don’t give me a line of shit. | -你要摆出教授架子了 -少跟我来这套 |
[1:35:39] | -No. -I didn’t want the job. | -没有 -我不想做那个工作 |
[1:35:41] | It’s not about the job. I don’t care if you work for the government. | 不关工作的事 我不管你是否为政府工作 |
[1:35:43] | But you can do anything you want. You are bound by nothing. | 但你能随心所欲 不受束缚 |
[1:35:46] | What are you passionate about? What do you want? | 你热爱什么 想要什么 |
[1:35:51] | There are guys who work their entire life laying brick… | 有人一辈子砌砖… |
[1:35:53] | so their kids have a chance at the opportunities you have here. | 让孩子拥有像你现在的机会 |
[1:35:56] | -I didn’t ask for this. -No. | -我可没要求这机会 -不 |
[1:35:58] | You were born with it, | 不 你与生俱来就有 |
[1:35:59] | so don’t cop out behind: “I didn’t ask for this.” | 别逃避说 “我可没要求” |
[1:36:01] | -What do you mean, cop out? What’s wrong with laying brick? -Nothing. | -什么叫逃避 砌砖哪里不对 -没有 |
[1:36:05] | There’s nothing wrong. That’s somebody’s home I’m building. | 我为别人家盖房子 有什么不对 |
[1:36:07] | Right. My dad laid brick, okay? | 对 我爸砌砖 好吗 |
[1:36:10] | Busted his ass so I could have an education. | 他拼命干活让我受教育 |
[1:36:12] | Exactly. That’s an honorable profession. | 没错 那是可敬的行业 |
[1:36:14] | What’s wrong with fixing somebody’s car? | 修车哪不对 |
[1:36:16] | Someone will get to work the next day because of me. That’s honor in that. | 因为我的工作 别人得以上班 这是很光荣的事 |
[1:36:18] | Yeah, there is, Will. There is honor in that. | 是的 是很光荣 |
[1:36:20] | There’s honor in taking that 40-minute train ride… | 搭40分钟火车… |
[1:36:23] | so those college kids could come in in the morning and their floors are clean. | 让大学生上课有干净的环境也很可敬 |
[1:36:25] | -And their wastebaskets are empty. That’s real work. -That’s right. | -他们的垃圾箱空了 这才叫真正的工作 -对 |
[1:36:28] | And that’s honorable. I’m sure that’s why you took that job. | 对 是很可敬 相信你选择这份工作 |
[1:36:31] | I mean, for the honor of it. | 正是为了这份荣耀 |
[1:36:33] | I just have a little question here. You could be a janitor anywhere. | 我只是有个小问题 你到哪里都能做工友 |
[1:36:38] | Why did you work | 为何挑中 |
[1:36:39] | at the most prestigious technical college in the whole fucking world? | 全世界一流的科技学府 |
[1:36:42] | Why did you sneak around at night and finish other people’s formulas… | 夜里偷偷地解算… |
[1:36:45] | that only one or two people in the world could do and then lie about it? | 世上只有两个人会的方程式 |
[1:36:51] | because I don’t se a lot of honor in that, Will. | 我看不到其中的荣耀 |
[1:36:57] | So what do you really wanna do? | 你真正想做什么 |
[1:37:03] | I wanna be a shepherd. | 我想当牧羊人 |
[1:37:06] | Really? | 真的 |
[1:37:07] | I wanna move up to Nashua, get a nice little spread, | 我想搬到纳旭 |
[1:37:10] | get some sheep and tend to them. | 买块地皮放羊 |
[1:37:12] | -Maybe you should go do that. -What? | -也许你该那么做 -什么 |
[1:37:15] | You know, if you’re gonna jerk off, | 要自慰的话 |
[1:37:16] | why don’t you just do it at home with a moist towel? | 何不回家弄条湿毛巾搞 |
[1:37:18] | -You’re chucking me? -Yeah, get the fuck outta here. | -你在赶我 -对 他妈的滚出去 |
[1:37:20] | -No, no, no, time’s not up yet. -Yeah, it is. | -不 不 不 时间还没到 -时间到了 |
[1:37:22] | I’m not leaving. No. | 我不走 不 |
[1:37:22] | You’re not gonna answer, you’re wasting my time. | 你在逃避我的问题 你在浪费我的时间 |
[1:37:24] | I thought we were friends. | 我以为我们是朋友 |
[1:37:26] | -Playtime’s over, okay? -Why are you kicking me out? | -游戏时间结束了 懂不 -你为什么赶我走 |
[1:37:30] | You’re lecturing me on life? Look at you, you fucking burnout. | 你想教我人生大道理 看看你 糟老头 |
[1:37:33] | -What winds your clock? -Working with you. | -是什么让你过下去 -跟你合作 |
[1:37:36] | Where’s your soul mate? | 你的心灵伴侣在哪 |
[1:37:37] | You wanna talk about soul mates? Where is she? | 你要谈心灵伴侣吗 她在哪 |
[1:37:39] | -Dead. -That’s right. She’s fucking dead. | -死了 -对 她他妈的已经死了 |
[1:37:41] | She fucking dies and you just cash in your chips and you walk away? | 你就不敢再为人生下赌注了 |
[1:37:44] | At least I played a hand. | 起码我玩过一把 |
[1:37:46] | You played a hand and you lost. You lost a big fucking hand. | 那你输了 输得很惨 |
[1:37:48] | Some people will lose a big hand like that and have the sack to ante up again. | 有些人即便输得那么惨还是会再下注 |
[1:37:52] | Look at me. What do you wanna do? | 看着我 你想要什么 |
[1:38:02] | You and your bullshit. You got a bullshit answer for everybody. | 你和你那些屁话 对每个人你都有狗屁答案 |
[1:38:06] | But I ask you a very simple question and you can’t give me a straight answer, | 却答不出来我提出的那么简单的问题 |
[1:38:10] | because you don’t know. | 因为你不知道 |
[1:38:15] | I’ll see ya, Bo-peep. | 再见 躲猫猫 |
[1:38:21] | -Fuck you. -You’re the shepherd. | -去你的 -你是牧羊人 |
[1:38:28] | Shepherd. | 牧羊人 |
[1:38:30] | White little prick. | 混蛋 |
[1:38:33] | I just wanted to, you know, um, | 我只是想 你知道的 |
[1:38:35] | call you up, uh, before you left, um… | 趁你还没走打电话给你… |
[1:38:39] | I’ve been taking all these jobs interviews and stuff, | 我正在面试谈工作 |
[1:38:41] | so I’m not gonna be just a construction worker. | 我不会只当营造工人 |
[1:38:43] | Well, you know, I never really cared about that. | 你知道我并不在乎 |
[1:38:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:38:52] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:38:58] | Will? | 威尔 |
[1:39:01] | You take care. | 你保重 |
[1:39:08] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:40:15] | Will | 威尔 |
[1:40:20] | Will, that’s it! We’re done! | 威尔 好了 做完了 |
[1:40:22] | I’m sitting in your office and the boy isn’t here. | 我在你办公室 那孩子没来 |
[1:40:27] | Well, it’s ten past 5:00. | 都五点十分了 |
[1:40:29] | An hour and ten minutes late. | 迟到一小时十分 |
[1:40:34] | Well, if he doesn’t show up and I file a report saying he wasn’t here… | 他如果没出现 我会向法院如实提出报告 |
[1:40:38] | and he goes back to jail, he won’t be on my conscience. | 他去坐牢 我不会愧疚的 |
[1:40:45] | Okay. Fine. | 好 很好 |
[1:40:49] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[1:40:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:40:58] | Ah! God, that’s good. | 啊 真爽 |
[1:41:05] | So how’s your lady? | 你马子怎么样 |
[1:41:08] | Ah, she’s gone. | 她走了 |
[1:41:11] | Gone? Gone where? | 走了 到哪里去了 |
[1:41:13] | Med school. Medical school in California. | 医学院 加州的医学院 |
[1:41:17] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的 -嗯 |
[1:41:19] | -When was this? -It was, like, a week ago. | -几时的事 -一礼拜前 |
[1:41:26] | That sucks. | 好烂 |
[1:41:31] | So, uh, when are you done with those meetings? | 那些会谈几时搞完 |
[1:41:35] | I think the week after I’m 21. | 大概是我过了21岁之后的那个星期 |
[1:41:37] | They gonna hook ya up with a job or what? | 他们要给你工作吗 |
[1:41:40] | Yeah, fucking sit in a room and do long division for the next 50 years. | 对 他妈的往后50年要呆坐在房间里做无聊的算术 |
[1:41:44] | Nah, probably make some nice bank though. | 可能会攒不少钱 |
[1:41:48] | I’m gonna be a fucking lab rat. | 我会成为他妈的实验室老鼠 |
[1:41:50] | Better than this shit. Way outta here. | 好过这鬼东西 离开这里 |
[1:41:53] | What do I want a way outta here for? | 干嘛要走 |
[1:41:55] | I mean, I’m gonna fucking live here the rest of my life. | 我他妈的下辈子都要住这儿 |
[1:41:58] | You know, be neighbors. You know, have little kids. | 我们会成为邻居 会当爸爸 |
[1:42:00] | Fucking take them to Little League together up Foley Field. | 一起带孩子们去球场打小联盟 |
[1:42:06] | Look, you’re my best friend, so don’t take this the wrong way. | 你是我的死党 所以别误会 |
[1:42:09] | But in 20 years if you’re still living here, | 但20年后你如果还住在这儿 |
[1:42:12] | coming over to my house to watch the Patriots games, | 到我家看球赛 |
[1:42:16] | still working construction, I’ll fucking kill ya. | 还在盖房子 我他妈的会杀了你 |
[1:42:18] | That’s not a threat. That’s a fact. I’ll fucking kill ya. | 那不是恐吓 我认真的 我会宰了你 |
[1:42:21] | What the fuck are you talking about? | 你在胡扯什么 |
[1:42:23] | -Look, you got something none of us have. -Oh, come on! | -你拥有我们没有的天赋 -拜托 |
[1:42:26] | Why is it always this? I fucking owe it to myself to do this or that. | 为何大家都这么说 难道是我对不起自己吗 |
[1:42:30] | What if I don’t want to? | 我就是不想那么做 那又怎么办 |
[1:42:32] | No, no, no. Fuck you. You don’t owe it to yourself. | 不 不 不 去你的 你没有对不起自己 |
[1:42:34] | You owe it to me, | 你对不起我 |
[1:42:37] | because tomorrow I’m gonna wake up and I’ll be 50, | 因为我明天醒来五十岁了 |
[1:42:39] | and I’ll still be doing this shit. | 还在干这种事 |
[1:42:42] | That’s all right. That’s fine. | 无所谓 |
[1:42:45] | I mean, you’re sitting on a winning lottery ticket. | 而你已拥有百万奖券 |
[1:42:47] | You’re too much of a pussy to cash it in, and that’s bullshit. | 却窝囊的不敢兑现 狗屁 |
[1:42:53] | because I’d do fucking anything to have what you got. | 因为我会不惜一切交换你所拥有的 |
[1:42:56] | So would any of these fucking guys. | 其他人也是 |
[1:42:59] | Be an insult to us if you’re still here in 20 years. | 你再待20年是侮辱我们 |
[1:43:02] | Hanging around here is a fucking waste of your time. | 窝在这里是浪费你时间 |
[1:43:04] | -You don’t know that. -I don’t? | -你懂什么 -我不懂 |
[1:43:06] | No. You don’t know that. | 你不懂 |
[1:43:07] | Oh, I don’t know that. Let me tell you what I do know. | 我不懂 我告诉你我懂什么 |
[1:43:10] | Every day I come by your house, and I pick you up. | 我每天到你家接你 |
[1:43:14] | We go out and have a few drinks and few laughs, and it’s great. | 我们出去喝酒笑闹 那很棒 |
[1:43:18] | You know what the best part of my day is? | 但你知道我一天中最棒的时刻是什么 |
[1:43:21] | It’s for about ten seconds: | 只有十秒 |
[1:43:22] | from when I pull up to the curb and when I get to your door. | 从停车到走到你家门口这段时间 |
[1:43:25] | because I think maybe I’ll get up there | 因为每次我敲门 |
[1:43:28] | and I’ll knock on the door and you won’t be there. | 都希望你不在家 |
[1:43:30] | No “good-bye,” no “see ya later.” | 不说”再见” 或是”明天见” |
[1:43:32] | No nothing. You just left. | 什么都没有 你就是走了 |
[1:43:33] | I don’t know much, but I know that. | 我懂得不多 但我很清楚 |
[1:43:50] | This is a disaster, Sean. | 真是乱来 尚恩 |
[1:43:53] | I brought you in here because I wanted you to help me with the boy, | 我让你参与 是要你帮这孩子 |
[1:43:55] | -not to run him out. -I know what I’m doing with the boy. | -不是赶走他 -我知道怎么应付这孩子 |
[1:43:57] | I don’t care if you have a rapport with the boy! | 我不管你跟他有什么默契 |
[1:43:59] | I don’t care if you have a few laughs, even at my expense. | 我不在乎你们花我的钱开心 |
[1:44:02] | -But don’t you dare undermine what I’m trying to do here. -Undermine? | -但你敢破坏我的事看看 -破坏 |
[1:44:05] | This boy is at a fragile point right now. | 这孩子目前很脆弱 |
[1:44:07] | I do understand. He is at a fragile point. He’s got problems. | 我了解他很脆弱 他还有些问题 |
[1:44:10] | What problems does he have? That he’s better off as a janitor, in jail? | 他有什么问题 当工友或坐牢会比较好吗 |
[1:44:14] | Better hanging out with a bunch of retarded gorillas? | 跟一群智障在一起会比较好吗 |
[1:44:17] | Why do you think he does that? You have any fucking clue why? | 你想他为什么那么做 你晓得为什么吗 |
[1:44:21] | He can handle the problems. He can handle the work. | 他能应付问题 应付工作 |
[1:44:23] | He obviously handled you. | 显然也应付得了你 |
[1:44:25] | Listen to me. Why is he hiding? | 听我说 他为何躲避 |
[1:44:27] | Why doesn’t he trust anybody? | 为何不信任人 |
[1:44:29] | Because the first thing that happened to him, | 因为他生下来遇到的头一遭事 |
[1:44:31] | he was abandoned by the people who were supposed to love him the most. | 就是他被本应该最爱他的人遗弃 |
[1:44:33] | Don’t give me that Freudian crap. | 别跟我讲佛洛伊德的屁话 |
[1:44:35] | Why does he hang out with those retarded gorillas, as you call them? | 他为什么跟你所谓的智障混 |
[1:44:38] | Because any one of them, if he asked them to, would take a bat to your head. | 因为如果他叫他们扁你 他们会照办 |
[1:44:41] | -That’s called loyalty. -Yeah, that’s very touching. | -那叫做义气 -是喔 很感人 |
[1:44:44] | Who’s he handling? | 他应付谁了 |
[1:44:45] | He pushes people away before they have a chance to leave him. | 他在别人先离开他之前就把别人赶走 |
[1:44:48] | It’s a defense mechanism, all right? | 那是防卫心理 好吗 |
[1:44:50] | For 20 years, he’s been alone because of that. | 他因此孤独了20年 |
[1:44:53] | If you push him right now, it’s gonna be the same thing all over again. | 你现在逼他 事情会重演 |
[1:44:56] | I’m not gonna let that happen to him. | 我不会让他重蹈覆辙 |
[1:44:58] | -Don’t you do that. -What? | -别那么做 -什么 |
[1:45:00] | Don’t infect him with the idea that it’s okay to quit, | 别让他认为放弃没关系 |
[1:45:02] | that it’s okay to be a failure. | 或者失败也没关系 |
[1:45:04] | Because it’s not okay, Sean! | 因为绝对有关系 尚恩 |
[1:45:06] | And if you’re angry at me for being successful, | 如果你是气我成功 |
[1:45:08] | for being what you could have been… | 或是气我… |
[1:45:09] | -I’m not angry at you. -Oh, yes, you’re angry at me. | -我没气你 -不 你有气我 |
[1:45:12] | You resent me, but I’m not gonna apologize for any success I’ve had. | 憎恶我 但我不会因为比你成功而向你赔不是 |
[1:45:17] | You’re angry at me for doing what you could have done! | 你气我做到你本来能做到的事 |
[1:45:19] | But ask yourself, Sean… Ask yourself… | 你扪心自问 尚恩…扪心自问… |
[1:45:22] | if you want Will to feel that way… | 你要威尔也有那种感受 |
[1:45:24] | if you want him to feel like a failure? | 你要他感觉像失败者 |
[1:45:25] | You arrogant shit! | 你这个自大狂 |
[1:45:27] | That’s why I don’t come to the goddamn reunions, | 我不去同学会的原因 |
[1:45:30] | because I can’t stand that look in your eye. | 是因为受不了你的眼神 |
[1:45:32] | -That condescending, embarrassed look. -Oh, come on, Sean. | -那种屈尊难堪的眼神 -得了 尚恩 |
[1:45:35] | You think I’m a failure. I know who I am. | 你认为我失败 我有自知之明 |
[1:45:37] | I’m proud of what I do. | 我为自己感到骄傲 |
[1:45:39] | It was a conscious choice. I didn’t fuck up! | 那是自觉的选择 我没搞砸 |
[1:45:41] | And you and your cronies think I’m some sort of pity case. | 你和你朋友认为我很可怜 |
[1:45:44] | You and your kiss-ass chorus following | 你和你那些狗屁课程 |
[1:45:46] | you around going, “The Field’s medal!” | 你老是提自己的菲尔兹奖 |
[1:45:48] | Why are you still so fucking afraid of failure? | 你怎么还是这么怕失败 |
[1:45:51] | It’s about my medal, isn’t it? Oh, God, | 你是嫉妒我有奖章吗 天哪 |
[1:45:54] | I could go home and get it for you. You can have it. | 我回家拿给你 送给你好了 |
[1:45:56] | Shove the medal up your fucking ass, all right? | 把奖章他妈的塞进你自己的屁眼里 |
[1:45:59] | because I don’t give a shit about your medal, | 因为我不在乎你的奖章 |
[1:46:01] | because I knew you before you were a mathematical god, | 因为我在你还没当上数学之神以前就认识你了 |
[1:46:03] | when you were pimple-faced and homesick | 早在你满脸青春痘 思乡 |
[1:46:05] | and didn’t know what side of the bed to piss on. | 不知要尿在床的那一头的时候 |
[1:46:06] | Yeah, you were smarter than me then and you’re smarter than me now. | 是 你过去现在都比我聪明 |
[1:46:09] | So don’t blame me for how your life turned out. | 那么你的人生变成这样别怪我 |
[1:46:11] | I don’t blame you! It’s not about you! | 我没怪你 这跟你无关 |
[1:46:13] | You mathematical dick! It’s about the boy! | 你这数学混球 是关于那孩子 |
[1:46:16] | He’s a good kid! | 他是个好孩子 |
[1:46:17] | And I won’t see you fuck him up like you’re trying to fuck up me right now. | 我不会看着你像现在糟蹋我这般糟蹋他 |
[1:46:21] | I won’t see you make him feel like a failure too! | 我不会看着你让他也感觉是失败者 |
[1:46:23] | He won’t be a failure! | 他不会失败 |
[1:46:25] | But if you push him! If you ride him! | 但你如果逼迫他 如果驱使他 |
[1:46:27] | I am what I am today because I was pushed and because I learned to push myself. | 我能有今天成就是逼出来的 |
[1:46:33] | He’s not you! You get that! | 他不是你 你听懂没 |
[1:46:37] | I can come back. | 我待会再来 |
[1:46:39] | No, come in. Uh, I was just leaving. | 不 进来 我正要走 |
[1:46:53] | A lot of that stuff goes back a long way between me and him. | 这是他和我之间的陈年往事 |
[1:46:57] | You know. Not about you. | 你知道 跟你无关 |
[1:47:04] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[1:47:06] | This is your file. I have to send it back to the judge for evaluation. | 你的档案 我要送回去给法官评估 |
[1:47:10] | Oh. Hey, you’re not gonna fail me, are you? | 你不会让我失败吧 |
[1:47:19] | What’s it say? | 里面怎么写 |
[1:47:23] | -Wanna read it? -Why? | -你想看吗 -为什么 |
[1:47:27] | Have you had any, uh, experience with that? | 你有过那种经验吗 |
[1:47:31] | Twenty years of counseling. Yeah, I’ve seen some pretty awful shit. | 20年的辅导 我看过很惨的事 |
[1:47:34] | I mean, have you had any experience with that? | 你有那方面的经验吗 |
[1:47:42] | -Personally? -Yeah. | -个人的 -是的 |
[1:47:46] | Yeah, I have. | 我有 |
[1:47:48] | It sure are’nt good. | 我想肯定不好 |
[1:47:54] | My father was an alcoholic. | 我爸是酒鬼 |
[1:47:56] | Mean fucking drunk. | 烂醉如泥 |
[1:48:00] | He’d come home hammered, looking to whale on somebody. | 他喝醉回家就想打人 |
[1:48:03] | So I’d provoke him so he wouldn’t go after my mother and little brother. | 我激怒他以保护妈妈和弟弟 |
[1:48:08] | Interesting nights when he wore his rings. | 他若晚上带工具回来就精彩了 |
[1:48:13] | He used to just put a wrench, | 他把扳手 |
[1:48:17] | a stick and a belt on the table. | 棍子和皮带摆在桌上 |
[1:48:20] | -Just say, “Choose.” -Well, I gotta go with the belt there. | -然后说 “选一个” -我会挑皮带 |
[1:48:24] | I used to go with the wrench. | 我通常挑扳手 |
[1:48:26] | Why the wrench? | 为什么是扳手 |
[1:48:28] | because fuck him, that’s why. | 因为是”操他的” |
[1:48:30] | -Your foster father? -Yeah. | -你养父 -对 |
[1:48:34] | So, uh, what is it, like, Will has an attachment disorder? | 这么说来 是不是威尔有”依附情结” |
[1:48:38] | Is it all that stuff? | 就是这么回事 |
[1:48:40] | Fear of abandonment? | 害怕被遗弃 |
[1:48:43] | Is that why I broke up with Skylar? | 那是我跟史凯兰分手的原因吗 |
[1:48:46] | -I didn’t know you had. -Yeah, I did. | -我不晓得你们分手了 -我提出的分手 |
[1:48:50] | -You wanna talk about it? -No. | -想谈吗 -不想 |
[1:48:56] | Hey, Will, I don’t know a lot. | 威尔 我知道的不多 |
[1:49:02] | You see this? All this shit? | 但你看到这个没 这些事 |
[1:49:10] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:49:15] | Yeah, I know that. | 是的 我知道 |
[1:49:17] | Look at me, son. | 看着我 孩子 |
[1:49:20] | -It’s not your fault. -I know. | -这不是你的错 -我知道 |
[1:49:23] | No. It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:49:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:49:30] | No, no, you don’t. It’s not your fault. | 不 不 你不知道 这不是你的错 |
[1:49:35] | -Hmm? -I know. | -嗯 -我知道 |
[1:49:37] | -It’s not your fault. -All right. | -这不是你的错 -好的 |
[1:49:40] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:49:44] | -It’s not your fault. -Don’t fuck with me. | -这不是你的错 -别整我 |
[1:49:49] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:49:52] | Don’t fuck with me, all right? Don’t fuck with me, Sean, not you. | 别整我好吗 别整我 |
[1:49:55] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:50:05] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[1:50:13] | My God… | 我的天… |
[1:50:17] | My God! I’m so sorry! My God! | 我的天 真对不起 我的天 |
[1:50:35] | Fuck them, okay? | 去他们的 好吗 |
[1:52:04] | -Can I help you? -Yeah, I’m Will Hunting. I’m here about a position. | -有何贵干 -我是威尔杭汀 我来谈工作 |
[1:52:08] | Could you just have a seat for a moment? | 你能座一下稍等片刻吗 |
[1:52:14] | Yes, there’s a Mr. Hunting in the lobby. | 对 大厅里是有一位杭汀先生 |
[1:52:37] | Which one did you take? | 你选择哪一个 |
[1:52:39] | I was over at McNeil. It’s one of the jobs the professor set me up with. | 麦尼尔那边 教授帮我安排的工作之一 |
[1:52:44] | I haven’t told him yet, but I went down there and talked to my boss… | 我还没告诉他 但我和老板谈过… |
[1:52:49] | My new boss. He seemed like a good guy. | 新老板人好像不错 |
[1:52:52] | -Is that what you want? -Yeah, you know, I think so. | -那是你要的吗 -对 我想是吧 |
[1:52:58] | Well, good for you. Congratulations. | 做得好 恭喜 |
[1:53:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:53:06] | Time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[1:53:11] | So that’s… So that’s it? So we’re done? | 就…就这样了 我们结束了 |
[1:53:14] | Yeah, that’s it. | 对 就这样 |
[1:53:17] | You’re done. You’re a free man. | 你结束了 自由了 |
[1:53:21] | Well, um, I just want you to know, Sean, that… | 我要你知道 我… |
[1:53:26] | You’re welcome, Will. | 不客气 |
[1:53:33] | So, you know, I hope we keep in touch, you know. | 希望我们保持联络 |
[1:53:36] | Yeah, me too. | 我也希望 |
[1:53:39] | I’ll be traveling around a bit. It’ll be a little hard, but, uh… | 我会旅行一阵子 会有点难 但… |
[1:53:41] | I’ve got an answering machine at the college I’ll be checking in with. | 不过我有答录机 我会查看留言 |
[1:53:45] | So, here’s the number. | 拿着 我的号码 |
[1:53:49] | You call that. I’ll get back to you right away. | 你打来 我会马上回电话 |
[1:53:53] | Yeah, you know, I figured I’m just gonna… | 你知道 我要再下注… |
[1:53:56] | put my money back on the table and see what kind of cards I get. | 看看这次赌到什么 |
[1:54:02] | You do what’s in your heart, son. You’ll be fine. | 做自己真心想做的事 你就没事了 |
[1:54:10] | -Thank you, Sean. -Uh… | -谢谢你 尚恩 -呃… |
[1:54:12] | Thank you, Will. | 谢谢你 威尔 |
[1:54:16] | Hey, does this violate the patient-doctor relationship? | 这违反医师病人关系吗 |
[1:54:19] | Naw. Only if you grab my ass. | 除非你抓我屁股 |
[1:54:25] | -Take care. -You too. | -保重 -你也是 |
[1:54:27] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:54:31] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:54:33] | Good luck, son. | 祝你好运 孩子 |
[1:54:46] | Two beers. | 两瓶啤酒 |
[1:54:52] | What’s up? Did you guys go? | 什么事 你们去了吗 |
[1:54:54] | No. I had to talk him down. | 没有 我得劝退他 |
[1:54:57] | -Why didn’t you yoke him? -Little Morgan’s got a lot of scrap to him. | -你怎么不约束他 -摩根有一堆屁话 |
[1:55:00] | People try to whip his ass every week. | 天天有人想扁他 |
[1:55:02] | -Fucking kid won’t back down. -What are you saying about me? | -他还不让步 -讲我什么坏话 |
[1:55:05] | Was I talking to you? None of your fucking business. | 我跟你讲话吗 干你屁事 |
[1:55:08] | -Go get me a beer. -I ordered two beers! | -帮我弄瓶啤酒 -我叫了两瓶 |
[1:55:12] | -Hey, asshole. -What, bitch? | -浑蛋 -干嘛 贱货 |
[1:55:14] | -Happy birthday. -Thought we forgot, huh, bitch? | -生日快乐 -以为我们忘了吗 贱货 |
[1:55:18] | -Come on! -I’m going. I’m going. | -快点 -我去 我去 |
[1:55:20] | All right. Who’s first? | 谁先 |
[1:55:22] | -Come on, motherfucker! -Who’s first? | -混蛋 -谁先 |
[1:55:25] | Oh, Danny boy | 丹尼男孩 |
[1:55:27] | Here’s your present. | 你的礼物 |
[1:55:30] | -Come on, bro. -What? | -快点 兄弟 -什么 |
[1:55:32] | Well, we knew you had to get back and forth to Cambridge for your new job. | 你的新工作要在剑桥来回 |
[1:55:37] | I knew I wasn’t gonna fucking drive you every day, so… | 我不会每天载你 所以… |
[1:55:41] | -Morgan wanted to get you a “T” pass. -That’s not what I was saying! | -摩根想给你买免票证 -我没那么说 |
[1:55:45] | But, uh, you’re 21 now. | 但你21岁了 |
[1:55:48] | You’re legally allowed to drink, | 可以合法喝酒 |
[1:55:49] | so we figured the best thing for ya was a car. | 我们想最好的礼物就是车子 |
[1:55:51] | -How do you like it? -This is like… | -喜欢吗 -这是… |
[1:55:56] | It’s the ugliest fucking car I’ve ever seen in my life. | 我这辈子看过最丑的车 |
[1:56:00] | -Come on, brother. -How’d you guys do this? | -快 兄弟 -你们怎么弄的 |
[1:56:02] | You know, me and Bill scraped together the parts, | 我和比尔一起搜括零件 |
[1:56:07] | and Morgan was out panhandling for change every day. | 摩根每天出去乞讨零钱 |
[1:56:09] | I had the router to do all the bodywork. | 车身都是我搞的 |
[1:56:11] | Yeah, I have a fucking job, too, brother. | 我他妈的也出力了 |
[1:56:13] | Guy’s been up my ass for two years about a job. | 他烦了我两年要工作 |
[1:56:14] | I had to let him help with the car. | 我总得帮他把车的问题解决了 |
[1:56:16] | So you finally got a job, huh, Morgan? | 你终于有工作了 摩根 |
[1:56:18] | -Yeah, had one. Now I’m fucked again. -So what is it? | -有过一个 现在又没了 -是什么工作 |
[1:56:20] | A lawn mower? What do ya got? | 除草工人吗 什么工作 |
[1:56:22] | It’s a straight fucking six. | 这他妈的是6缸发动机 |
[1:56:24] | Me and Bill rebuilt this engine ourselves here. | 我和比尔重新打造引擎 |
[1:56:26] | It’s a good car. The engine’s good. Engine’s good. | 这是辆好车 引擎不错 |
[1:56:29] | -Happy 21, Will. -Happy 21, brother. | -21岁生日快乐 -21岁生日快乐 |
[1:56:41] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:56:43] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[1:56:47] | Sean, l, um… | 尚恩 我… |
[1:56:49] | Me too, Gerry. | 我也是 奇洛 |
[1:56:52] | Yeah. Good. | 那就好 |
[1:56:56] | I heard you’re taking some time. | 听说你要请假 |
[1:56:58] | Yeah. Travel a little bit, maybe write. | 对 我想旅行一阵子 或许写书 |
[1:57:03] | So where are you going? | 去哪里 |
[1:57:05] | India and China and Baltimore. | 印度 中国和巴尔的摩 |
[1:57:10] | Oh. | 噢 |
[1:57:12] | You know when you’ll be back? | 你知道几时回来吗 |
[1:57:14] | Oh. I got this flyer the other day. | 知道 我前两天收到传单 |
[1:57:18] | It says, uh, class of ’72 is having a reunion in six months. | 上面说半年后72年毕业的那届要开同学会 |
[1:57:21] | Yeah, I got one of those too. | 是的 我也收到一张 |
[1:57:23] | Why don’t you come? I’ll buy ya a drink. | 你来吧 我请你喝酒 |
[1:57:24] | The drinks at those things are free. | 那种场合的酒是免费的 |
[1:57:27] | I know, Gerry. I was being ironical. | 我知道 奇洛 我是在讽刺 |
[1:57:35] | -Oh. -How about a drink right now? | -哦 -现在喝一杯怎么样 |
[1:57:39] | Yeah. It’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[1:57:42] | Come on. This one’s on me. | 走 这杯我请 |
[1:57:48] | -I got the winner right here, pal. -Oh! | -我这边有会中奖的彩券 -噢 |
[1:57:50] | Yes, sir, this is the one. | 对 就是这张 |
[1:57:53] | This is my ticket to paradise. | 通往天堂的票 |
[1:57:56] | Do you know what the odds are against winning the lottery? | 你知道彩券中奖的机率吗 |
[1:57:58] | -What? Four to one? -About 30 million to one. | -多少 四比一 -三千万比一 |
[1:58:01] | I still have a shot, you know? | 但我还是有机会 知道吗 |
[1:58:03] | Yes, just about as big chance as you being hit by lightning here | 对 跟现在被闪电击中的 |
[1:58:08] | on the staircase right now. | 机率一样 |
[1:58:09] | It’s a possibility too. I mean, 32 million. | 那也有可能 我是说 3200万 |
[1:58:12] | If you look at the size… | 如果你看看… |
[1:59:42] | Will! | 威尔 |
[2:00:03] | Will? | 威尔 |
[2:01:13] | He’s not there. | 他不在 |
[2:01:36] | Sean, if the professor calls about that job, | 尚恩 如果教授问起工作的事 |
[2:01:39] | just tell him sorry, I had to go see about a girl. | 跟他说抱歉 我要去找个女孩 |
[2:01:44] | Will. | 威尔 |
[2:01:47] | Son of a bitch. He stole my line. | 小混蛋 偷学我的台词 |