英文名称:Gladiator
年代:2000
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:03] | 罗马帝国在全盛时期的版图 | |
[01:06] | 由非洲沙漠延伸至 | |
[01:08] | 英格兰北部边境 | |
[01:12] | 罗马皇帝更掌控了全世界 | |
[01:15] | 三分之一以上人口的生杀大权 | |
[01:20] | 在西元180年的冬天 马可·奥勒留皇帝(著名的哲学皇帝) | |
[01:23] | 12年征战讨伐日耳曼野蛮部落的行动 | |
[01:26] | 即将宣告结束 | |
[01:29] | 只要扫平最后一处据点 罗马大军便可获得胜利 | |
[01:32] | 而帝国从此可以永享太平 | |
[02:39] | 日耳曼尼亚(今德国境内) | |
[03:17] | Sir. | 长官 |
[03:18] | General. | 将军 |
[03:30] | Sir. | 长官 |
[03:46] | Lean and hungry. | 士兵们又累又饿 |
[03:51] | – Still nothing? – Not a sign. | – 还没有动静吗? – 完全没有 |
[03:54] | – How long has he been gone? – Nearly two hours. | – 他去了多久? – 将近两小时了 |
[04:00] | Will they fight, sir? | 他们会开战吗? 长官? |
[04:02] | We shall know soon enough. | 我们很快就会知道了 |
[04:03] | Soldier, I ordered you to move those catapults forward. | 士兵 把投石车往前挪点 |
[04:06] | – They’re out of range. – Range is good. | – 射程不够远 – 射程没问题 |
[04:10] | – The danger to the cavalry… – Is acceptable. Agreed? | – 可能会误伤轻骑兵的… – 不用担心 同意吧? |
[04:23] | They say no. | 他们拒绝投降 |
[04:50] | People should know when they’re conquered. | 他们应该认命了 他们已被征服了 |
[05:03] | Would you, Quintus? | 你会吗 昆塔斯? |
[05:06] | Would I? | 我会吗? |
[05:24] | – Strength and honor. – Strength and honor. | – 勇气与荣耀 – 勇气与荣耀 |
[05:32] | At my signal, unleash hell. | 收到我的信号后就发动攻击 |
[05:58] | Load the catapults. | 投石车准备 |
[06:00] | Infantry form up for advance. | 步兵组成进攻队形 |
[06:04] | – Archers ready. – Archers! | – 弓箭手准备 – 弓箭手! |
[06:06] | – Nock! – Nock! | – 搭箭! – 搭箭! |
[06:31] | Fratres! | 弟兄们! |
[06:33] | – Maximus! – Maximus! | – 马西墨斯! – 马西墨斯! |
[06:36] | Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. | 三星期后 我将在田里收割庄稼 |
[06:40] | Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. | 想象下你要去的地方 愿望就要实现了 |
[06:46] | Hold the line! Stay with me! | 保持队形 跟我冲啊 |
[06:49] | If you find yourself alone, | 如果你发现自己落单了 |
[06:52] | riding in green fields with the sun on your face, | 迎着阳光 独自驰骋在草原上时 |
[06:56] | do not be troubled. | 不用迷惑 |
[06:59] | For you are in Elysium, and you’re already dead! | 那是因为你已在天堂了 你已经阵亡了 |
[07:05] | Brothers, | 兄弟们… |
[07:08] | what we do in life | 我们生平的事迹 |
[07:11] | echoes in eternity. | 将永远流传 |
[07:21] | Pull! | 拉! |
[07:38] | Cohorts ready, sir! | 投石车准备就绪 长官! |
[07:50] | Archers, ignite! | 弓箭手 点火! |
[07:53] | – Ignite! – Ignite! | – 点火! – 点火! |
[08:02] | Archers, draw! | 弓箭手 拉满弓! |
[08:08] | Loose! | 射! |
[08:38] | All right, men, ready! | 好了 大家开始进攻 |
[08:46] | Hold the line! | 保持队形 |
[08:56] | Loose! | 射! |
[08:58] | Reload! | 填装弹药! |
[09:05] | Hold the line! | 保持队形! |
[09:07] | – Draw! – Loose! | – 拉弓! – 射! |
[09:12] | Stay with me! | 跟着我冲! |
[09:49] | Roma victor! | 罗马必胜! |
[12:32] | 普利托里亚十四 | |
[13:09] | Do you think he’s really dying? | 你认为他真的快死了吗? |
[13:13] | He’s been dying for 10 years. | 十年来 他一直过都是这样子 |
[13:16] | If he werert really dying, he wouldn’t have sent for us. | 如果他不是快不行了 就不会派人来召见我们了 |
[13:19] | Maybe he just misses us. | 也许他只是想念我们呢 |
[13:21] | And the senators? He wouldn’t have summoned them if… | 那元老会的议员们呢? 没事他不会传唤他们的 除非 |
[13:24] | Peace, Commodus. | 安静点 康莫德斯 |
[13:25] | After two weeks on the road, | 在路上两星期里 |
[13:27] | your incessant scheming is hurting my head. | 你老是疑神疑鬼的 烦死我了 |
[13:37] | He’s made his decision. He’s going to announce it. | 他已作了决定 他将会宣布 |
[13:44] | He will name me. | 传位给我 |
[13:49] | The first thing I shall do when… | 我将要做的第一件事… |
[13:55] | Is honor him with games won’thy of His Majesty. | 就是举行大型的竞技比赛来荣耀他 |
[13:58] | For now, the first thing I shall do is have a hot bath. | 现在 我最想做的第一件事 就是淋个热水浴 |
[14:05] | Your Highness? | 殿下? |
[14:11] | We seem to be almost there, sir. | 看来我们就快到了 |
[14:19] | – Sire. – Where’s the Emperor? | – 殿下 – 皇帝在哪里? |
[14:21] | He’s at the front, sire. They’ve been gone for 19 days. | 殿下 他在前线 已经去了19天了 |
[14:25] | The wounded are still coming in. | 伤员还在不断的运回来 |
[14:27] | My horse. | 备马 |
[14:29] | My lord. | 殿下 |
[14:34] | Kiss? | 给我一个吻? |
[15:11] | You have proved your valor yet again, Maximus. | 你再次证明了你的勇猛 马西墨斯 |
[15:17] | Let us hope, for the last time. | 希望这是最后一次了 |
[15:20] | There’s no one left to fight, sire. | 我们已经没有敌人了 陛下 |
[15:22] | There is always someone left to fight. | 永远不能掉以轻心 敌人无处不在 |
[15:25] | How can I reward Rome’s greatest general? | 我该怎样奖赏罗马最伟大的将军呢? |
[15:33] | Let me go home. | 恩准我回家 |
[15:38] | Home. | 家 |
[15:57] | They honor you, Caesar. | 凯撒 他们向你致敬 |
[15:59] | It’s for you, Maximus. They honor you. | 是向你致敬 马西墨斯 他们尊敬你 |
[16:25] | Have I missed it? Have I missed the battle? | 我错过了这次的战役了吗? |
[16:29] | You have missed the war. | 你错过了整场战争 |
[16:31] | Father, congratulations. | 父亲 恭喜你 |
[16:34] | I shall sacrifice 100 bulls to honor your triumph. | 我会献上100头公牛来庆祝你的胜利 |
[16:36] | Save the bulls. | 那到不必 |
[16:38] | Honor Maximus. He won the battle. | 向马西墨斯致敬吧 是他打赢了这场战役 |
[16:41] | – General. – Highness. | – 将军 – 陛下 |
[16:44] | Rome salutes you, and I embrace you as a brother. | 罗马向你致敬 而我以兄弟的身份拥抱你 |
[16:48] | It has been too long, my old friend. | 很久没见了 老朋友 |
[16:50] | Highness. | 陛下 |
[16:51] | Here, Father. Take my arm. | 来 父亲 让我来扶你 |
[16:56] | I think it is time for me to leave. | 我想我是时候离开了 |
[17:14] | So much for the glory of Rome. | 这就是罗马的荣耀 |
[18:46] | Magnificent battle. | 宏伟的战役 |
[19:12] | General. Still alive? | 将军 还活着? |
[19:14] | Still alive. | 还活着 |
[19:15] | The gods must have a sense of humor. | 天上的诸神也有幽默感的 |
[19:17] | – The gods must love you. – Valerius. | – 他们一定特别照顾你 – 维勒瑞斯 |
[19:20] | Back to barracks, General? Or to Rome? | 将军 你是要回军营呢? 还是回罗马? |
[19:23] | Home. My wife, my son, the harvest. | 回家 我妻子孩子还有庄稼都在等着我 |
[19:26] | Maximus the farmer. I still have difficulty imagining that. | 农夫马西墨斯 我还是无法想象你当农夫的样子 |
[19:30] | You know, dirt cleans off a lot easier than blood, Quintus. | 你知道的 泥垢要比血迹容易洗掉 昆塔斯 |
[19:33] | – Here he is. – Highness. | – 他在这里 – 陛下 |
[19:36] | Senator Gaius, Senator Falco. | 议员盖尔斯 议员佛克 |
[19:38] | Beware of Gaius. He’ll pour a honeyed potion in your ear, | 当心盖尔斯 他会替你洗脑 |
[19:41] | and you’ll wake up one day and all you’ll say is, “Republic, republic, republic.” | 接着某天你醒来 就只会高喊”共和万岁 共和万岁” |
[19:45] | Well, why not? Rome was founded as a republic. | 有何不可? 毕竟罗马创建时是共和制的 |
[19:47] | Yes, and in a republic the senate has the power. | 在共和制下 共和国是由元老会来执政的 |
[19:50] | But Senator Gaius isn’t influenced by that, of course. | 当然 议员盖尔斯绝不是因此才从政的 |
[19:53] | Where do you stand, General? Emperor or Senate? | 你支持谁呢? 将军? 皇帝还是元老院? |
[19:56] | A soldier has the advantage | 军人的职责就是 |
[19:57] | of being able to look his enemy in the eye, Senator. | 保家卫国上阵杀敌 议员 |
[20:00] | Well, with an army behind you, you could be extremely political. | 有军队支持 你要从政易如反掌 |
[20:05] | I warned you. Now I shall save you. Senators. | 我警告了你 二位 失陪一下 |
[20:18] | Maximus. | 马西墨斯 |
[20:20] | I’m going to need good men like you. | 我将会需要你的帮助 |
[20:25] | How may I be of service, Highness? | 有什么我可以效劳的 殿下? |
[20:27] | You’re a man who knows what it is to command. | 只有你才知道该如何指挥军队 |
[20:30] | You give your orders, the orders are obeyed, and the battle is won. | 在你的领导下 无人不服 战无不胜 |
[20:34] | But these senators scheme, squabble and flatter and deceive. | 但那些议员们只会争吵算计阿谀奉承还有欺骗 |
[20:39] | Maximus, we must save Rome from the politicians, my friend. | 马西墨斯 我们必须从政客们的手中拯救罗马 |
[20:42] | Can I count on you when the time comes? | 到时候我能期待你的帮助吗? |
[20:51] | Highness, when your father releases me, I intend to return home. | 殿下 只要你父亲恩准我离开 我打算立刻回家去 |
[20:54] | Home? Well, no one’s earned it more. | 回家? 你是应该回家看看 |
[20:59] | Don’t get too comfortable. I may call on you before long. | 可别耽于安逸 也许我很快就会需要你的 |
[21:05] | Lucilla’s here. Did you know? | 露西拉来了 你知道吗? |
[21:08] | She’s not forgotten you. | 她还没有忘记你 |
[21:11] | And now, you’re the great man. | 而现在 你是个英雄了 |
[21:26] | If only you had been born a man, | 如果你生为男人的话 |
[21:29] | what a Caesar you would have made. | 你会成为一位伟大的凯撒 |
[21:33] | Father. | 父亲 |
[21:41] | You would have been strong. | 你会很强壮 |
[21:43] | I wonder, would you have been just? | 我想知道 你会很公正吗? |
[21:47] | I would have been what you taught me to be. | 我不会辜负你对我的教导和期望 |
[21:52] | How was yourjourney? | 旅途怎样? |
[21:53] | Long. Uncomfortable. Why have I come? | 漫长 不舒服 为什么要我来? |
[21:57] | I need your help. With your brother. | 我需要你的帮忙 和你弟弟有关 |
[22:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[22:02] | He loves you. He always has. | 他爱你 他一向都很爱你 |
[22:05] | And | 另外 |
[22:09] | he will need you now, more than ever. | 他现在比往常更需要你 |
[22:17] | Enough of politics. | 不谈政治了 |
[22:19] | Let us pretend that you are a loving daughter, | 我们何不假装你是一个可爱的女儿 |
[22:22] | and I am a good father. | 而我则是个好父亲 |
[22:30] | This is a pleasant fiction, isn’t it? | 令人愉快的假设 不是吗? |
[22:46] | Good morning to you. | 早上好 |
[23:01] | I need three more horses. | 再给我三匹马 |
[23:12] | One! Two! Three! | 一! 二! 三! |
[23:16] | Four! | 四! |
[23:17] | One! Two! | 一! 二! |
[23:36] | You sent for me, Caesar? | 你召见我吗 凯撒? |
[23:43] | – Caesar? – Tell me again, Maximus. | – 凯撒? – 再告诉我一遍 马西墨斯 |
[23:47] | Why are we here? | 我们为什么会在这里? |
[23:50] | For the glory of the empire, sire. | 为了罗马的荣耀 陛下 |
[23:53] | Yes. | 没错 |
[23:56] | Yes, I remember. | 对 我记起来了 |
[24:01] | Do you see that map, Maximus? | 看到那地图了吗 马西墨斯? |
[24:04] | That is the world which I created. | 那就是我所创建的世界 |
[24:07] | For 25 years, | 25年来… |
[24:09] | I have conquered, spilt blood, expanded the empire. | 我四处征战 半生戎马 才有今天的局面 |
[24:15] | Since I became Caesar, I’ve known four years without war. | 自从我成为凯撒后 据我所知只有四年没有战争 |
[24:18] | Four years of peace in 20. | 在20年里 只有四年的和平 |
[24:21] | And for what? | 这一切究竟是为了什么? |
[24:30] | I brought the sword. Nothing more. | 我只给大家带来了战争 仅此而已 |
[24:35] | Caesar, your life… | 凯撒 你的一生… |
[24:37] | Please. Please don’t call me that. | 求你 不要那么叫我了 |
[24:39] | Come. Please. | 过来 |
[24:43] | Come sit. | 过来坐下 |
[24:45] | Let us talk together now, | 让我们好好谈谈 |
[24:48] | very simply, as men. | 纯粹是男人之间的闲聊 |
[24:51] | Well, Maximus, | 说吧 马西墨斯 |
[24:55] | talk. | 说吧 |
[24:59] | Five thousand of my men are out there in the freezing mud. | 我有5000个人在外面的泥浆中挨冻 |
[25:03] | Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. | 其中3000人浑身是伤 |
[25:04] | Two thousand will never leave this place. | 另外有2000人再也无法离开这里 他们都已经死了 |
[25:06] | I will not believe that they fought and died for nothing. | 我绝不相信他们的牺牲毫无意义 |
[25:09] | And what would you believe? | 那你相信什么 马西墨斯? |
[25:11] | They fought for you and for Rome. | 他们为了你和罗马而战 |
[25:15] | And what is Rome, Maximus? | 罗马是什么 马西墨斯? |
[25:19] | I’ve seen much of the rest of the world. | 我到过世界上别的许多地方 |
[25:21] | It is brutal and cruel and dark. Rome is the light. | 那里既冷酷又阴暗 罗马象征着光明 |
[25:25] | Yet you have never been there. | 但你从没去过那里 |
[25:27] | You have not seen what it has become. | 你没看见罗马已经变成什么样了 |
[25:30] | I am dying, Maximus. | 我快要死了 马西墨斯 |
[25:34] | When a man sees his end, | 当一个快死的时候 |
[25:35] | he wants to know there was some purpose to his life. | 他会想知道自己的一生是否有价值 |
[25:39] | How will the world speak my name in years to come? | 人们将来会怎么评价我呢? |
[25:42] | Will I be known as the philosopher? | 会推崇我是个哲学家? |
[25:45] | The warrior? | 一名勇士? |
[25:47] | The tyrant? | 还是位暴君? |
[25:50] | Or will I be the Emperor who gave Rome back her true self? | 或是让罗马回归自我的皇帝? |
[25:55] | There was once a dream that was Rome. | 恢复共和制的罗马是个梦想 |
[25:58] | You could only whisper it. | 你只能悄悄地说 |
[26:01] | Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, | 再大声一点的话 它将会消失 |
[26:04] | it was so fragile. | 它是如此的脆弱 |
[26:06] | And I fear that it will not survive the winter. | 我担心在残酷的现实环境中 他根本无法存活下去 |
[26:11] | Maximus, | 马西墨斯 |
[26:13] | let us whisper now, | 让我们说点悄悄话 |
[26:17] | together, you and I. | 只有我和你 |
[26:19] | You have a son. | 你有个儿子 |
[26:22] | Tell me about your home. | 说说你讲你的家庭 |
[26:30] | My house is in the hills above Trujillo. | 我家在提基洛附近的山丘上 |
[26:34] | A very simple place. | 一个非常简单的地方 |
[26:37] | Pink stones that warm in the sun. | 在阳光下的暖和的红砖屋 |
[26:40] | A kitchen garden that smells of herbs in the day, | 白天 菜园里飘着药草的香味 |
[26:44] | jasmine in the evening. | 到了晚上则是茉莉花的味道 |
[26:47] | Through the gate is a giant poplar. | 门外有一棵高大的白杨树 |
[26:50] | Figs, apples, pears. | 无花果树 苹果树和梨树 |
[26:53] | The soil, Marcus, black. Black like my wife’s hair. | 土壤是黑色的 比我妻子的头发还黑 |
[26:58] | Grapes on the south slopes, olives on the north. | 南坡上种葡萄 北坡种着橄榄 |
[27:00] | Wild ponies play near my house. They tease my son. | 野生的小马在我家附近玩耍 他们常逗我的儿子玩 |
[27:03] | He wants to be one of them. | 他也想变成一匹小马 |
[27:04] | When was the last time you were home? | 你上一次回家是什么时候? |
[27:06] | Two years, 264 days and this morning. | 2年又264天 还要算上今天早上 |
[27:11] | I envy you, Maximus. It’s a good home. | 我羡慕你 马西墨斯 你有个幸福的家庭 |
[27:16] | Worth fighting for | 值得你为它如此奋斗 |
[27:21] | There is one more duty | 在你回家之前 |
[27:23] | that I ask of you before you go home. | 我希望你帮我做最后一件事 |
[27:28] | What would you have me do, Caesar? | 你要我做什么 凯撒? |
[27:30] | I want you to become the protector of Rome after I die. | 我要你在我死后成为罗马的保护者 |
[27:35] | I will empower you to one end alone, | 我会把政权交给你 |
[27:39] | to give power back to the people of Rome, | 将权力还给罗马的人民 |
[27:42] | and end the corruption that has crippled it. | 结束危害罗马的贪污腐败 |
[27:52] | Will you accept this great honor that I have offered you? | 你愿意接受这光荣的使命吗? |
[27:57] | With all my heart, no. | 我打心眼里…不愿意 |
[28:01] | Maximus, | 马西墨斯 |
[28:04] | that is why it must be you. | 这就是我一定要授权给你的原因 |
[28:07] | But surely a prefect, a senator, | 但这应该是行政官或者议员的职责 |
[28:09] | somebody who knows the city, who understands her politics. | 一个了解罗马 熟悉政治的人 |
[28:11] | But you have not been corrupted by her politics. | 但你还没被罗马的政治腐蚀 |
[28:19] | – And Commodus? – Commodus is not a moral man. | – 康莫德斯呢? – 康莫德斯不是正人君子 |
[28:24] | You have known that since you were young. | 你比谁都要清楚这一点 |
[28:27] | Commodus cannot rule. | 康莫德斯不能统治罗马 |
[28:29] | He must not rule. | 绝对不可以 |
[28:33] | You are the son that I should have had. | 我要是有你这样的儿子就好了 |
[28:38] | Commodus will accept my decision. | 康莫德斯会接受我的决定的 |
[28:43] | He knows that you command the loyalty of the army. | 他知道军队只对你效忠 |
[28:53] | I need some time, sire. | 我需要时间考虑 |
[28:55] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[28:56] | By sunset, I hope you will have agreed. | 我希望在日落之前你能答应我的请求 |
[29:01] | Now embrace me as my son. | 现在 象儿子般拥抱我吧 |
[29:06] | And bring an old man another blanket. | 顺便再帮我拿条毯子来 |
[29:25] | – My father favors you now. – My lady. | – 我父亲现在只宠爱你 – 夫人 |
[29:28] | – It was not always so. – Many things change. | – 以前不是这样 – 很多东西都改变了 |
[29:32] | Many things. Not everything. | 话是没错 但不是所有的事情 |
[29:38] | Maximus, stop. | 马西墨斯 站住 |
[29:43] | Let me see your face. | 让我看看你的脸 |
[29:48] | – You seem upset. – I lost many men. | – 你看起来很沮丧 – 我失去了很多部下 |
[29:51] | What did my father want with you? | 我父亲找你有什么事? |
[29:55] | To wish me well before I leave for home. | 在我回家前祝我一路顺风 |
[29:58] | You’re lying. | 你在撒谎 |
[30:00] | I could always tell when you were lying, because you were never any good at it. | 我总能看穿你在撒谎 因为你不精于此道 |
[30:03] | I never acquired your comfort with it. | 我一直都不习惯你的安慰 |
[30:05] | True. | 没错 |
[30:06] | But then you never had to. | 反正你也不需要 |
[30:09] | Life is more simple for a soldier. | 对军人来说 生活要简单的多 |
[30:13] | Or do you think me heartless? | 或许你觉得我很无情? |
[30:16] | I think you have a talent for survival. | 我觉得你具备生存的天分 |
[30:25] | Maximus, stop. | 马西墨斯 停下 |
[30:29] | Is it really so terrible seeing me again? | 再次见到我真的这么可怕吗? |
[30:32] | No. I’m tired from battle. | 不 我只是厌倦了战争 |
[30:35] | It hurts you to see my father so fragile. | 看到我父亲是那么脆弱 你很心痛 |
[30:41] | Commodus expects that my father will announce his succession within days. | 康莫德斯期望父亲会很快宣布他是断任者 |
[30:46] | Will you serve my brother as you served his father? | 你会像追随我父亲那样对我弟弟效忠吗? |
[30:52] | I will always serve Rome. | 我会永远对罗马效忠 |
[30:56] | Do you know, | 你知道吗 |
[30:58] | I still remember you in my prayers. | 我还是不忘替你祈祷 |
[31:02] | Oh, yes. I pray. | 是的 我有祈祷 |
[31:09] | I was sad to hear of your husband’s death. I mourned him. | 听到你丈夫去世的消息我很难过 我替他追悼 |
[31:14] | – Thank you. – And I hear you have a son. | – 谢谢你 – 我听说你有个儿子 |
[31:19] | Yes. Lucius. | 是 他叫卢修斯 |
[31:23] | He’ll be nearly eight years old. | 他快八岁了 |
[31:25] | My son is also nearly eight. | 我儿子也快八岁 |
[31:30] | I thank you for your prayers. | 谢谢你的祈祷 |
[31:40] | Ancestors, I ask for your guidance. | 祖先们 我祈求你们指引我 |
[31:44] | Blessed Mother, come to me with the gods’ desire for my future. | 天上的母亲 求你指示我未来的方向 |
[31:49] | Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword. | 天上的父亲 求您保佑我的妻儿 |
[31:54] | Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again. | 请转告他们 我只是为再次拥抱他们而活 |
[31:58] | Ancestors, I honor you, | 祖先们 我荣耀你们 |
[32:01] | and will try to live with the dignity you have taught me. | 并将谨遵祖训 有尊严的活下去 |
[32:27] | Cicero. | 西斯洛 |
[32:33] | Sir. | 主人 |
[32:39] | Do you ever find it hard to do your duty? | 我不觉得履行义务很困难吗? |
[32:44] | Sometimes I do what I want to do. | 有时我做我想做事 |
[32:47] | The rest of the time, I do what I have to. | 其余的时间我做我应该做的事 |
[32:53] | We may not be able to go home, after all. | 也许我们还是不能回家去 |
[33:47] | Are you ready to do your duty for Rome? | 你准备好对罗马履行你的职责了吗? |
[33:53] | Yes, Father. | 是的 父亲 |
[33:55] | You will not be emperor. | 你不会成为皇帝 |
[34:01] | Which wiser, older man is to take my place? | 哪位年长的智者会取代我的地位? |
[34:03] | My powers will pass to Maximus, | 我会将政权移交给马西墨斯 |
[34:07] | to hold in trust, | 直到确认 |
[34:09] | until the Senate is ready to rule once more. | 元老院准备好再次治理罗马 |
[34:14] | Rome is to be a republic again. | 罗马会再度成为共和国 |
[34:20] | – Maximus. – Yes. | – 马西墨斯 – 对 |
[34:28] | My decision disappoints you? | 我的决定使你失望了吗? |
[34:34] | You wrote to me once, | 你曾写信给我 |
[34:38] | listing the four chief virtues. | 上面列举了四种主要的美德 |
[34:42] | Wisdom, | 智慧… |
[34:44] | justice, | 公正… |
[34:45] | fortitude, | 坚毅… |
[34:47] | and temperance. | 和自律 |
[34:51] | As I read the list, I knew I had none of them. | 读完信后我就明白自己一种都不具备 |
[34:55] | But I have other virtues, Father. | 但我有其他的美德 父亲 |
[34:59] | Ambition. | 野心 |
[35:01] | That can be a virtue when it drives us to excel. | 当它驱使我们做的更优秀的时候 这也是一种美德 |
[35:06] | Resourcefulness, courage. | 智谋 勇气 |
[35:10] | Perhaps not on the battlefield, but there are many forms of courage. | 也许和行军打仗无关 但…勇气也有很多种的 |
[35:16] | Devotion to my family, | 对家庭的全心全意的奉献… |
[35:20] | to you. | 还有对你的爱 |
[35:23] | But none of my virtues were on your list. | 但你完全不欣赏我所有的优点 |
[35:28] | Even then it was as if you didn’t want me for your son. | 就像你根本不希望有我这样的儿子 |
[35:31] | Commodus, | 康莫德斯 |
[35:34] | you go too far. | 你想的太多了 |
[35:36] | I searched the faces of the gods | 我向天上的诸神祈求… |
[35:40] | for ways to please you, to make you proud. | 让我能够讨你欢心 让你能够以我为荣 |
[35:45] | One kind word, | 只要一句赞美 |
[35:48] | one full hug, | 或是一个拥抱… |
[35:50] | where you pressed me to your chest and held me tight, | 把我紧紧的抱在你怀里 |
[35:54] | would have been like the sun on my heart for 1, 000 years. | 都会象慈蔼的阳光温暖我的心 |
[36:01] | What is it in me you hate so much? | 为什么你如此讨厌我? |
[36:03] | Commodus. | 康莫德斯 |
[36:06] | All I’ve ever wanted | 我不敢有任何奢求… |
[36:08] | was to live up to you, Caesar. | 只求能符合你的期望 凯撒 |
[36:13] | – Father. – Commodus, | – 父亲 – 康莫德斯… |
[36:21] | your faults as a son | 养子不教… |
[36:24] | is my failure as a father. | 实为我作为父亲的过错啊 |
[36:38] | Come. | 过来 |
[36:43] | Father. | 父亲 |
[36:59] | I would butcher the whole world, | 为了让你能爱我… |
[37:03] | if you would only have loved me! | 即使血洗天下我也在所不惜! |
[37:43] | Maximus, the Emperor needs you. It’s urgent. | 马西墨斯 皇帝有急事要找你 |
[37:51] | Lament with me, brother. | 和我一起哀悼 兄弟 |
[37:54] | Our great father is dead. | 我们伟大的父亲去世了 |
[38:23] | How did he die? | 他怎样死的? |
[38:26] | The surgeons say there was no pain. | 医生们说是呼吸衰竭 |
[38:29] | His breath gave out as he slept. | 他在睡梦中安详的走了 |
[38:41] | Father. | 父亲 |
[38:44] | Your emperor asks for your loyalty, Maximus. | 新皇帝需要你的忠诚 马西墨斯 |
[38:48] | Take my hand. | 宣誓效忠于我 |
[38:53] | I only offer it once. | 我只给你一次机会 |
[39:09] | Quintus. | 昆塔斯 |
[40:00] | Hail, Caesar. | 凯撒万岁 |
[40:03] | I must talk to the senators. I need their counsel. | 我要去见议员们 我需要他们的意见 |
[40:06] | – Wake Gaius and Falco. – Gaius and Falco. | – 去叫醒盖尔斯和佛克 – 盖尔斯和佛克 |
[40:08] | – Sword. – Sword. | – 我的剑 – 剑 |
[40:13] | Maximus, please be careful. That was not prudent. | 马西墨斯 请三思而行 你的举动太过轻率 |
[40:16] | Prudent? The Emperor has been slain. | 轻率? 皇帝是被人谋杀的 |
[40:19] | The emperor died of natural causes. | 皇帝是自然死亡 |
[40:23] | – Why are you armed, Quintus? – Guards! | – 你为什么全副武装 昆塔斯? – 守卫! |
[40:29] | Please don’t fight, Maximus. | 请不要反抗 马西墨斯请不要反抗 马西墨斯 |
[40:33] | I’m sorry. Caesar has spoken. | 我很抱歉 是凯撒下的命令 |
[40:36] | Ride until dawn, | 骑马西行… |
[40:39] | and then execute him. | 在拂晓前处死他 |
[40:40] | Quintus, look at me. Look at me! | 昆塔斯 看着我 看着我! |
[40:43] | Promise me that you will look after my family. | 答应我 你会好好照顾我的家人 |
[40:47] | Your family will meet you in the afterlife. | 你的家人会在黄泉路上与你相会的 |
[41:14] | Kneel. | 跪下 |
[41:19] | Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son. | 天上的父亲 请保护我的妻子和儿子 |
[41:22] | Whisper to them that I live only to hold them again. | 转告他们我只为再次拥抱他们而活 |
[41:27] | At least give me a clean death. | 至少让我死的痛快点 |
[41:32] | A soldier’s death. | 一个军人式的死亡 |
[41:55] | The frost, sometimes it makes the blade stick. | 有时候 霜会把刀刃粘住的 |
[42:18] | Praetorian! | 禁卫兵! |
[43:40] | When was the last time you were home? | 你上次回家是什么时候? |
[43:42] | Two years, 264 days and this morning. | 2年264天 再算上今天早晨 |
[43:46] | Blessed Father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword. | 天上的父亲 求您保佑我的妻儿 |
[43:48] | I will try to live with the dignity you have taught me. | 我会尝试像你教导一样有尊严地生活 |
[43:51] | Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again. | 告诉他们 我生存是为了再次拥抱他们 |
[43:53] | …with a ready sword, for all else is dust and air. | 世间名利 于我皆如粪土 |
[43:56] | Whisper to them, I live only to hold them again. | 告诉他们 我生存是为了再次拥抱他们 |
[43:59] | For all else is dust and air. | 世间名利 于我皆如粪土 |
[45:01] | Papa! | 爸爸! |
[47:48] | Don’t die. | 你不能死 |
[47:55] | You’ll meet them again. | 你们会再见面的 |
[47:59] | Not yet. | 现在还不是时候 |
[48:09] | No. They will clean it. Wait and see. | 不! 他们能洁净你的伤口 等着瞧吧 |
[48:47] | Don’t die. | 千万别死 |
[48:49] | They’ll feed you to the lions. | 他们会拿你喂狮子的 |
[48:52] | They are won’th more than we are. | 它们比我们更值钱 |
[49:04] | Better now? | 好点吧? |
[49:07] | Clean. You see? | 看见了吗? 伤口已经消炎了 |
[49:19] | 祖卡巴 罗马领地 | |
[49:39] | Proximo! My old friend. | 普罗西莫! 我的老朋友 |
[49:43] | Every day is a great day when you are here, | 每次只要你来这里 那天就一定会是个好日子 |
[49:47] | but today is your most fortunate day. | 今天…是你最幸运的一天 |
[49:54] | Those giraffes you sold me, they won’t mate. | 你卖给我的那些长颈鹿…根本不会交配 |
[49:58] | Theyjust walk around eating and not mating. | 他们只会走来走去吃东西却不交配 |
[50:03] | You sold me queer giraffes. | 你卖给我的长颈鹿是同性恋 |
[50:07] | – I want my money back. – Not a chance. | – 快把钱退还给我 – 不可能 |
[50:13] | – I do special price for you. – On what? | – 我给你好价钱 – 什么货? |
[50:18] | Have you seen my new stock? Come and see them. | 你看过我的新货了吗? 去看看吧 |
[50:35] | Do any of them fight? I’ve got a match coming up. | 他们有谁懂得搏斗吗? 我最近会有一场比赛 |
[50:38] | Some are good for fighting, others for dying. | 有些人善于搏斗 其他人只会去送死 |
[50:41] | You need both, I think. | 我想两种人你都需要 |
[50:43] | Get up. | 站起来! |
[50:53] | What’s your trade? | 你以前是干什么的? |
[50:55] | I was a hunter. | 我是猎人 |
[50:56] | No, I bought him from a salt mine in Can’thage. | 不 我是在迦太基附近的盐矿场把他买来的 |
[51:01] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[51:06] | Mark of the legion. | 军团的标记 |
[51:09] | – Deserter. – Maybe so, but who cares? | – 逃兵 – 也许是吧 有谁在乎呢? |
[51:12] | He’s a Spaniard. | 他是个西班牙人 |
[51:13] | I’ll take six. For 1, 000. | 我要六个人… 给你1000 |
[51:15] | 1, 000? The Numidian alone is won’th 2, 000. | 一千? 那个努米底亚人就值2000了 |
[51:19] | These slaves are rotten. | 这群奴隶根本不中用 |
[51:21] | It all adds to the flavor. No, no, no, wait! Wait! | 人不可貌相 不 不 不 不 等等 |
[51:24] | I can negotiate. | 等一下! 价钱好商量 |
[51:27] | I’ll give you 2, 000, and 4, 000 for the beasts. | 我给你2000…另外给4000买那些野兽 |
[51:31] | That’s 5, 000 for an old friend. | 既然是老朋友 一共给你5000 |
[51:51] | Come on! How long does it take to get into my own house? | 快一点! 还有多久才能回到家? |
[51:55] | I am Proximo. | 我是普罗西莫! |
[51:57] | I shall be closer to you for the next few days, | 接下来的几天 将是你们悲惨的日子… |
[52:00] | which will be the last of your miserable lives, | 结束前的最后的几天 我会和你们异常的亲近 |
[52:02] | than that bitch of a mother that brought you screaming into this world. | 胜过把你们带到这世界来的该死的母亲! |
[52:07] | I did not pay good money for you for your company. | 我不是花钱买你们来做伴的! |
[52:11] | I paid it so that I could profit from your death. | 我出钱是为了从你们的死亡中获利 |
[52:15] | And as your mother was there at your beginning, | 你们的人生开始时 有母亲在旁边 |
[52:20] | so I shall be there at your end. | 结束时 我会在你们的身旁 |
[52:24] | And when you die, and die you shall, | 等到死亡的命运降临时 |
[52:28] | your transition shall be to the sound of… | 你们将因人们的欢呼而升华 |
[52:36] | Gladiators, | 角斗士们 |
[52:38] | I salute you. | 我向你们致敬 |
[52:45] | Red. | 红色 |
[52:49] | Yellow. | 黄色 |
[53:04] | Good. | 很好 |
[53:06] | – Red. – Red. | 红色 |
[53:12] | Spaniard. | 西班牙人! |
[53:47] | That’s enough for the moment! | 到此为止! |
[53:50] | His time will come. | 他迟早得认命的 |
[53:54] | Next. | 下一个! |
[54:09] | Spaniard, | 西班牙佬 |
[54:11] | why don’t you fight? | 你为什么不还手? |
[54:14] | We all have to fight. | 我们必须要搏斗 |
[54:15] | Well, I don’t fight. | 我决不搏斗 |
[54:17] | I shouldn’t be here, I’m a scribe, I write down words, | 我不应在这里 我是书吏 我负责记录… |
[54:21] | and speak seven languages. | 我会说七种语言 |
[54:23] | Good. | 那好 |
[54:25] | Tomorrow, you can scream in seven languages. | 明天你可用七种语言尖叫 |
[54:36] | Perhaps the scribe will be the one who wins his freedom. | 或许书吏是例外 可以赢取自由 |
[54:40] | Freedom? | 自由? |
[54:43] | What do I have to do? | 我需要做什么? |
[54:45] | You go in the arena and you kill me. | 你进竞技场 杀了我 |
[54:47] | And him, | 还有他… |
[54:50] | and the Numidian, | 和这努米底亚人… |
[54:52] | and the deserter. | 和这逃兵 |
[54:55] | And 100 more. | 再多100个人 |
[54:56] | And when there’s no more to fight, you’re free. | 直到你杀了所有斗士 你便自由了 |
[55:00] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[55:03] | No? | 做不到? |
[55:10] | But I can. | 但我做得到 |
[55:27] | Is that the sign of your gods? | 那是你信奉的神吗? |
[55:34] | Will that not anger them? | 这样做他们不会生气吗? |
[55:58] | The gods favor you. | 神眷顾你 |
[56:00] | Red is the gods’ color. | 红色是天神的颜色 |
[56:03] | You will need their help today. | 今天你会需要他们帮助 |
[56:45] | Proximo! | 普罗西莫! |
[56:52] | Still leading with the German? | 一直是日耳曼领导的? |
[56:54] | The crowd love a barbarian. | 观众喜欢野蛮人 |
[56:57] | Besides that, he’s making me rich. | 而且他令我富有 |
[56:59] | Has that Numidian fought before? | 那努米底亚人搏斗过没有? |
[57:02] | No, first time. | 没有 第一次 |
[57:04] | And that one, laborer, soldier? | 那个 是奴隶 士兵? |
[57:07] | He’s a Spaniard. | 他是西班牙人 |
[57:09] | He might as well be a eunuch for what he brings to the ring. | 在场上像个废人一样 |
[57:13] | 500 sestertii, the Numidian and Spaniard team makes it through. | 五百元买努米底亚人 和西班牙人那队会过关 |
[57:17] | And 1, 000, that the Numidian makes it through alone. | 一千元 如果努米底亚人独自过关 |
[57:22] | Are you asking me to bet against my own man? | 你要我买自己的人输? |
[57:27] | It’s unethical. | 那是不道德的 |
[57:29] | What if I make it 2, 000? | 如果我加到二千元呢? |
[57:45] | Some of you are thinking you won’t fight, | 你们当中有些人不愿意上场搏斗 |
[57:49] | some that you can’t fight. | 有些觉得你不能搏斗 |
[57:52] | They all say that until they’re out there. | 他们都喜欢唱高调 除非真正轮到自己出场 |
[57:58] | Listen. | 你们听 |
[57:59] | – Kill! Kill! Kill! – Kill! Kill! Kill! | – 杀! 杀! 杀! – 杀! 杀! 杀! |
[58:09] | Thrust this into another mars flesh, | 把刀用力刺进别人的身体里 |
[58:13] | and they will applaud and love you for that. | 观众会为此而向你喝彩 崇拜你 |
[58:15] | And you, | 而你… |
[58:19] | you may begin to love them | 你也会开始为了喝彩声… |
[58:21] | for that. | 而爱上他们 |
[58:27] | Ultimately, we’re all dead men. | 最终 我们都会化为一堆枯骨 |
[58:33] | Sadly, we cannot choose how, | 可悲的是 我们无权选择命运 但… |
[58:37] | but we can decide how we meet that end, | 有权决定如何面对死亡… |
[58:40] | in order that we are remembered | 惟有如此 才能作为人 |
[58:45] | as men. | 被人们追忆 |
[58:46] | Come on! | 快! |
[58:50] | On the left, draw your shields! | 左边的 拿盾牌! |
[58:53] | On the right, draw your swords! | 右边的 拿剑! |
[58:56] | – Kill! Kill! Kill! – Kill! Kill! Kill! | – 杀! 杀! – 杀! 杀! |
[59:00] | Pair them up, red with yellow. | 两人一组 红色和黄色一起 |
[59:07] | Next! | 下一个! |
[59:14] | Move! | 打! |
[1:02:33] | Usurper! | 夺权者! |
[1:02:56] | – Go away! – You’ll never rule us, Commodus! | – 滚开! – 我们不要你统治 康莫德斯! |
[1:03:29] | He enters Rome like a conquering hero. But what has he conquered? | 他象个凯旋的英雄般回到罗马 但他到底征服了什么呢? |
[1:03:35] | Give him time, Gracchus. He’s young. | 给他点时间 格瑞克斯 他还年轻 |
[1:03:37] | I think he could do very well. | 我相信他可以做的很好 |
[1:03:40] | For Rome, or for you? | 为罗马还是为你? |
[1:03:48] | Go to your mother, Lucius. It’s what she’d like. | 卢修斯 去欢迎你的母亲 她会很高兴的 |
[1:03:57] | – Lucius! – Mother! | – 卢修斯! – 妈妈! |
[1:04:02] | Hail, Caesar. | 向你致敬 凯撒 |
[1:04:03] | Senators. | 议员们 |
[1:04:09] | Rome greets her new emperor. | 罗马欢迎她的新皇帝 |
[1:04:12] | Your loyal subjects bid you welcome, Highness. | 你忠心的臣子们向你表示欢迎 陛下 |
[1:04:15] | Thank you, Falco. | 谢谢你 佛克 |
[1:04:17] | And for the loyal subjects, I trust they werert too expensive. | 说到忠心的子民 我相信他们并不太昂贵 |
[1:04:21] | – Caesar. – Gracchus. | – 凯撒 – 格瑞克斯 |
[1:04:23] | All Rome rejoices in your return, Caesar. | 罗马为你的归来而欢呼 凯撒 |
[1:04:26] | But there are many matters that require your attention. | 有许多政务等你来处理 |
[1:04:32] | To order, please. To order. | 请肃静! 肃静! |
[1:04:35] | For your guidance, Caesar, | 凯撒 为了请你指引 |
[1:04:37] | the Senate has prepared a series of protocols | 凯撒 元老院已经拟订一系列的议程 好方便陛下过目… |
[1:04:40] | to begin addressing the many problems in the city, | 开始解决城市里的众多问题 |
[1:04:43] | beginning with basic sanitation for the Greek Quarter, | 首先是希腊区的基础卫生设备… |
[1:04:48] | to combat the plague which is already springing up there. | 设法消灭该区正在蔓延的瘟疫 |
[1:04:51] | So, if Caesar… | 所以 如果凯撒… |
[1:04:55] | Don’t you see, Gracchus? | 你难道还不明白 格瑞克斯? |
[1:04:59] | That’s the very problem, isn’t it? | 这才是问题的重点 不是吗? |
[1:05:01] | My father spent all his time at study, | 我父亲花费毕生的时间… |
[1:05:06] | at books of learning and philosophy. | 研读书本中的知识和哲学 |
[1:05:10] | He spent his twilight hours reading scrolls from the Senate. | 他的晚年尽在阅读元老院的卷轴中度过 |
[1:05:15] | And all the while, the people were forgotten. | 然而自始至终 他却忽略了人民… |
[1:05:19] | But the senate is the people, sire, | 但元老会就代表人民 陛下 |
[1:05:21] | chosen from among the people to speak for the people. | 由人民中选出议员 为人民说话 |
[1:05:25] | I doubt many of the people eat so well as you do, Gracchus. | 我怀疑民众是否象你一样丰衣足食 格瑞克斯 |
[1:05:29] | Or have such splendid mistresses, Gaius. | 或是像盖尔斯一样妻妾成群 |
[1:05:32] | I think I understand my own people. | 我自认了解我的子民 |
[1:05:34] | Then perhaps Caesar will be so good as to teach us, | 那么 根据您个人的多方面的经验… |
[1:05:38] | out of his own extensive experience. | 陛下或许会不吝赐教 |
[1:05:45] | I call it love. | 我认为是爱 |
[1:05:47] | I am their father. The people are my children. | 我会爱民如子 因为他们都是我的子民 |
[1:05:50] | And I shall hold them to my bosom and embrace them tightly. | 我会将他们紧紧的拥抱在我的胸前 |
[1:05:53] | Have you ever embraced someone dying of plague, sire? | 陛下 你曾拥抱过身染瘟疫的人吗? |
[1:06:02] | No, but if you interrupt me again, | 没有 但如果你再打断我的话 |
[1:06:07] | I assure you that you shall. | 我保证你一定会的 |
[1:06:08] | Senator, my brother is very tired. | 议员 我弟弟非常疲倦 |
[1:06:11] | Leave your list with me. Caesar shall do all that Rome requires. | 把议程给我 凯撒应该照人民的意愿行事 |
[1:06:16] | My lady, as always, your lightest touch commands obedience. | 夫人 你总是让人不能不服 |
[1:06:28] | Who are they to lecture me? | 他们凭什么对我说教? |
[1:06:31] | Commodus, the Senate has its uses. | 康莫德斯 元老院自有它的用处 |
[1:06:33] | What uses? All they do is talk. | 什么用处? 他们只会耍嘴皮子 |
[1:06:37] | It should be just you and me and Rome. | 根本就只需要…你和我… |
[1:06:42] | Don’t even think it. There’s always been a Senate. | 千万不可以这么想! 元老院自建国之初就存在着 |
[1:06:46] | Rome has changed. | 罗马已经变了 |
[1:06:48] | It takes an emperor to rule an empire. | 只要有一个皇帝…就可以治理帝国了 |
[1:06:51] | Of course, but leave the people their… | 当然 让人民继续拥有… |
[1:06:53] | Illusions? | 幻想 |
[1:06:56] | Traditions. | 传统 |
[1:06:58] | My father’s war against the barbarians. | 我父亲对野蛮人发动战争… |
[1:07:02] | He said it himself, it achieved nothing. But the people loved him. | 他自己也承认那毫无意义 但是人民敬爱他 |
[1:07:06] | The people always love victories. | 人民总是喜欢胜利的感觉的 |
[1:07:07] | Why? They didn’t see the battles. | 为什么? 他们并没有目睹战争的残酷 |
[1:07:12] | What do they care about Germania? | 日耳曼人和他们毫不相关 |
[1:07:15] | They care about the greatness of Rome. | 他们只关心罗马的富强 |
[1:07:17] | “The greatness of Rome.” | “罗马的富强” |
[1:07:21] | Well, what is that? | 那到底是什么呢? |
[1:07:25] | It’s an idea. Greatness. | 是一种理念… 富强 |
[1:07:32] | – Greatness is a vision. – Exactly. A vision. | – 富强是一种憧憬 – 没错 一个憧憬 |
[1:07:38] | Do you not see, Lucilla? | 你还不明白吗 露西拉? |
[1:07:41] | I will give the people a vision of Rome, and they’ll love me for it. | 我会给人民一个罗马的新憧憬 他们会为此而敬爱我 |
[1:07:46] | And they’ll soon forget the tedious sermonizing of a few dry old men. | 他们很快就会忘掉那几个爱说教的老头 |
[1:08:02] | I will give the people the greatest vision of their lives. | 我会给罗马人民一个前所未有的憧憬 |
[1:08:45] | 斗士 – 暴力 | |
[1:08:56] | White and red wine for your drinking pleasure! | 酒 酒 酒! 红酒白酒任君畅饮! |
[1:09:07] | Games. | 竞技 |
[1:09:11] | One hundred and fifty days of games. | 整整150天的竞技活动 |
[1:09:14] | He’s cleverer than I thought. | 他比我想象中的要聪明 |
[1:09:16] | Clever. The whole of Rome would be laughing at him, | 聪明 要不是因为害怕他的禁卫队… |
[1:09:20] | if they werert so afraid of his Praetorians. | 全罗马的人都会嘲笑他的 |
[1:09:23] | Fear and wonder. A powerful combination. | 害怕和好奇…强而有力的组合 |
[1:09:27] | You really think the people are going to be seduced by that? | 你真的认为民众会被他的手段所欺骗? |
[1:09:30] | I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. | 我觉得他了解罗马的本质 罗马是由一群乌合之众组成的 |
[1:09:34] | Conjure magic for them, and they’ll be distracted. | 变魔术给他们看 就可以转移他们的注意力 |
[1:09:38] | Take away their freedom, and still they’ll roar. | 夺去他们的自由 他们还是会继续哄堂大笑 |
[1:09:41] | The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate. | 维系着罗马命脉的…并不是元老院里的大理石 |
[1:09:46] | It’s the sand of the Colosseum. | 而是竞技场内的沙地 |
[1:09:50] | He’ll bring them death, | 他会把死亡带给人民 |
[1:09:54] | and they will love him for it. | 而人民会为此而敬爱他 |
[1:10:19] | All you do is kill, kill, kill. | 你只需杀杀杀 |
[1:10:21] | The crowd don’t want a butcher, they want a hero. | 观众不是要屠夫 他们要英雄 |
[1:10:23] | We want them to keep coming back. | 我们要他们不断回来看 |
[1:10:25] | So don’t just hack them to pieces, remember you are an entertainer. | 所以不要只顾把他们斩杀 记着你是要娱乐观众 |
[1:10:32] | Spaniard. | 西班牙人 |
[1:10:41] | So entertain! | 快去娱乐他们! |
[1:11:48] | Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? | 你们还不满意吗? 你们还不满意吗? |
[1:11:55] | Is this not why you’re here? | 你们不正是为此而来这里的吗? |
[1:12:01] | Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard! | 西班牙人! |
[1:12:05] | – Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard! – Spaniard! Spaniard! Spaniard! | – 西班牙人! 西班牙人! 西班牙人! – 西班牙人! 西班牙人! 西班牙人! |
[1:12:22] | What do you want? | 你想要些什么? |
[1:12:26] | Girl? | 女孩? |
[1:12:28] | Boy? | 男孩? |
[1:12:30] | – You sent for me. – Yes, I did. | – 你找我有事? – 是的 |
[1:12:34] | You’re good, Spaniard, but you’re not that good. | 西班牙人 你的确很棒 但你还不是最厉害的 |
[1:12:37] | You could be magnificent. | 你可以变的更优秀 |
[1:12:38] | I’m required to kill, so I kill. That is enough. | 我杀人是因为你要我这么做 这样就够了 |
[1:12:42] | That’s enough for the provinces, but not for Rome. | 也许在乡下小地方是够了 但在罗马却行不通 |
[1:12:49] | The young emperor has arranged a series of spectacles | 那年轻皇帝安排了一系列表演… |
[1:12:53] | to commemorate his father, Marcus Aurelius. | 来纪念他的父亲 马可·奥勒留 |
[1:12:58] | I find that amusing, | 我觉得很好笑… |
[1:13:00] | since it was Marcus Aurelius, the wise, | 因为正是马可·奥勒留… |
[1:13:03] | the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius, that closed us down. | 博学 无所不知的马可·奥勒留…禁止了搏斗竞技活动 |
[1:13:09] | So finally, after five years of scratching a living | 在这个跳蚤为患的村庄… |
[1:13:14] | in flea-infested villages, | 生活了五年以后 |
[1:13:16] | we’re finally going back to where we belong. | 我们终于要回到属于我们的地方… |
[1:13:20] | The Colosseum. | 罗马竞技场 |
[1:13:24] | You should see the Colosseum, Spaniard. | 你应该去看看竞技场 西班牙人 |
[1:13:28] | Fifty thousand Romans, | 五万罗马观众… |
[1:13:31] | watching every movement of your sword, | 注视着你斗剑时的一举一动 |
[1:13:36] | willing you to make that killer blow. | 期待你挥出致命的一击 |
[1:13:40] | The silence before you strike and the noise afterwards. | 在你挥剑之前的寂静…和那之后的骚动 |
[1:13:44] | It rises. It rises up, | 喧闹声不断的提高… |
[1:13:49] | like a storm. | 就象…一场暴风雨… |
[1:13:51] | As if you were the thunder god himself. | 而你自己就是雷神 |
[1:13:54] | – You were a gladiator? – Yes, I was. | – 你曾是个角斗士? – 对 我是 |
[1:14:04] | You won your freedom? | 你赢得了你的自由? |
[1:14:06] | A long time ago, the Emperor | 很久以前 皇帝… |
[1:14:10] | presented me with a rudius. | 送给我一把剑 |
[1:14:12] | It’s just a wooden sword. | 那只是一把木剑 |
[1:14:17] | The symbol of your freedom. | 你得到自由的象征 |
[1:14:21] | He touched me on the shoulder, and I was free. | 他用木剑点了点我的肩 我便获得了自由 |
[1:14:25] | You knew Marcus Aurelius? | 你认识马可·奥勒留? |
[1:14:28] | I did not say I knew him. I said he touched me on the shoulder once. | 我没说我认识他 我说他曾经碰过我的肩膀 |
[1:14:33] | You asked me what I want. | 你问我到底想要什么 |
[1:14:36] | I, too, want to stand in front of the Emperor, | 我也希望站在皇帝面前… |
[1:14:40] | as you did. | 就像你一样 |
[1:14:42] | Then listen to me. Learn from me. | 那你就得听我的 向我学习 |
[1:14:46] | I wasrt the best because I killed quickly. | 我并不是最棒的 因为我杀人太快了 |
[1:14:50] | I was the best because the crowd loved me. | 我之所以是最棒的 是因为民众崇拜我 |
[1:14:54] | Win the crowd, and you’ll win your freedom. | 赢取观众的心 你就能赢得自由 |
[1:15:02] | I will win the crowd. | 我会赢得观众的心 |
[1:15:06] | I will give them something they’ve never seen before. | 我将让他们看见从未见过的东西! |
[1:15:10] | So, Spaniard, we shall go to Rome together | 那么 西班牙人 我们一起去罗马 |
[1:15:14] | and have bloody adventures. | 展开一趟血腥的冒险! |
[1:15:16] | And the great whore will suckle us | 观众会让我们的荷包撑满… |
[1:15:18] | until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. | 开心的笑不出来 |
[1:15:21] | And then, | 然后… |
[1:15:23] | when enough men have died, | 杀了足够多的人后 |
[1:15:28] | perhaps you will have your freedom. | 也许你就可以得到你的自由 |
[1:15:34] | Here. Use this. | 接着 这个给你 |
[1:16:00] | It’s somewhere out there, my country. | 在远处的某个地方…有我的祖国 |
[1:16:05] | My home. | 我的家 |
[1:16:07] | My wife is preparing food. | 我的妻子正在准备食物 |
[1:16:10] | My daughters carry water from the river. | 我的女儿从河边打水回来 |
[1:16:14] | Will I ever see them again? | 我还能再见到他们吗? |
[1:16:18] | I think, no. | 我想没机会了 |
[1:16:20] | Do you believe you’ll see them again when you die? | 你相信死后能再见到他们吗? |
[1:16:22] | I think so. | 我相信 |
[1:16:24] | But then, I will die soon. | 但是 我很快就会死了 |
[1:16:29] | They will not die for many years. | 他们会再活很多年 |
[1:16:32] | I’ll have to wait. | 我得等他们 |
[1:16:34] | But you would? Wait? | 但是你愿意…等 |
[1:16:37] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:16:40] | You see, | 你知道的 |
[1:16:42] | my wife and my son | 我的妻儿… |
[1:16:48] | are already waiting for me. | 已经在等着我了 |
[1:16:50] | You’ll meet them again. But not yet. | 你会再见到他们的 只是时候未到 |
[1:16:58] | Not yet. | 时候未到 |
[1:17:01] | – Unless… – Not yet. | – 除非… – 时候未到 |
[1:17:06] | Not yet. | 时候未到 |
[1:17:20] | There he is. | 他在那里 |
[1:18:11] | Out. | 出来! |
[1:18:14] | Move, go, out! | 快出来! |
[1:18:28] | Good to see you again, old friend. | 老朋友 真高兴又看见你 |
[1:18:36] | Bring me fortune. | 带给我财富 |
[1:18:42] | Have you ever seen anything like that before? | 你以前看见过这么壮观的建筑吗? |
[1:18:46] | I didn’t know men could build such things. | 我不知道他们是如何办到的 |
[1:18:59] | Win the crowd. | 赢得观众的心 |
[1:19:01] | Get inside. Move. | 快进去! 走 |
[1:19:03] | Inside. | 进去 |
[1:19:54] | He sleeps so well because he’s loved. | 他睡的好香因为他备受宠爱 |
[1:19:59] | Come, brother. It’s late. | 走吧 弟弟 已经很晚了 |
[1:20:05] | I will make Rome the wonder of the ages. | 我将使罗马成为当代的奇迹 |
[1:20:10] | That is what Gracchus and his friends don’t understand. | 那是格瑞克斯和他的朋友所不明白的 |
[1:20:14] | All my desires are splitting my head to pieces. | 我的欲望在脑海中起伏 让我头痛欲裂 |
[1:20:25] | Commodus, drink this tonic. | 康莫德斯 喝了这苏打水 |
[1:20:37] | I think the time is almost right. | 我看时机已经成熟 |
[1:20:40] | I could announce the dissolution of the Senate | 我可以在悼念父亲的庆典上… |
[1:20:43] | at the celebration to honor our father. | 宣布解散元老院 |
[1:20:45] | Do you think I should? | 你认为我该这么做吗? |
[1:20:48] | Are the people ready? | 人民能接受吗? |
[1:20:52] | I think you need your rest now. | 我想你现在需要休息 |
[1:21:00] | Will you stay with me? | 你会不会留下来陪我? |
[1:21:02] | Still afraid of the dark, brother? | 弟弟 你还是怕黑吗? |
[1:21:11] | Still. | 是的 |
[1:21:14] | Always. | 永远都怕 |
[1:21:17] | – Stay with me tonight. – You know I won’t. | – 今晚留下来陪我? – 你知道那不可能 |
[1:21:24] | Then kiss me. | 那就吻我一下 |
[1:21:35] | Sleep, brother. | 晚安 弟弟 |
[1:22:29] | Having servants who are deaf and mute | 又聋又哑的仆人… |
[1:22:31] | at least ensures I live a little longer. | 至少让我活得久一点 |
[1:22:36] | They’re arresting scholars now. | 他们在拘捕学者 |
[1:22:38] | Anyone who dare speak out. Even satirists and chroniclers. | 任何敢表达意见的 甚至包括作家和史学家 |
[1:22:43] | And mathematicians. | 还有数学家 |
[1:22:46] | And all to feed the arena. | 全部送到斗兽场 |
[1:22:50] | The Senate did not approve martial law. | 国会没有通过戒严法 |
[1:22:52] | This reign of terror is entirely the Praetorians. | 这全是禁卫军的恐怖势力 |
[1:22:56] | I’m afraid to go out after dark. | 我入黑后不敢外出 |
[1:22:58] | You should be more afraid of your activities during the day. | 你更应担心日间的出行 |
[1:23:02] | The Senate is full of his spies, led by that whore master, Falco. | 国会中布满他的线眼 由那好色的科高领导的 |
[1:23:08] | But what is in his mind? That’s what I trouble myself with. | 究竟他在想什么? 那是最令我困惑的 |
[1:23:13] | He spends all his days singularly obsessed, | 他整天只顾… |
[1:23:16] | planning the festival to honor your father. | 筹划你父亲的纪念庆典 |
[1:23:19] | He neglects even the most fundamental task of government. | 他连政府最基本的工作也忽略 |
[1:23:23] | So just what is he planning? | 他到底在计划什么? |
[1:23:26] | And what pays for it? | 用什么来支付? |
[1:23:28] | These daily games are costing a fortune, yet we have no new taxes. | 每天这些竞技支出庞大 但我们没加新税项 |
[1:23:33] | The future. | 未来 |
[1:23:36] | The future pays for it. | 用未来支付 |
[1:23:39] | He’s started selling the grain reserves. | 他已开始卖贮备的谷物 |
[1:23:42] | This can’t be true. | 不是吧 |
[1:23:44] | He’s selling Rome’s reserves of grain. | 他在卖罗马贮备的谷物 |
[1:23:48] | The people will be starving in two years. | 人民在两年后便会捱饿 |
[1:23:51] | I hope they’re enjoying the games, | 希望他们享受这游戏… |
[1:23:53] | because soon enough they’ll be dead because of them. | 那些竞技不久他们便会因此而灭亡 |
[1:23:56] | – Rome must know this. – And how? | – 罗马人要知道真相 – 怎样? |
[1:23:59] | He’s going to dissolve the Senate. | 他打算解散国会 |
[1:24:02] | And who will tell them before it’s too late? You, Gracchus? | 谁会及时告诉他们? 你 格瑞克斯? |
[1:24:07] | You, Gaius. | 你 盖尔斯 |
[1:24:09] | Will you make a speech on the floor of the Senate, | 你会否在国会上发表演说 |
[1:24:10] | denouncing my brother? | 指责我哥哥? |
[1:24:13] | And then see your family in the Colosseum? | 然后看着你全家被推进斗兽场? |
[1:24:16] | Who’d dare? | 谁敢? |
[1:24:27] | I have been living in a prison of fear every day, | 我每天都活在恐惧中… |
[1:24:30] | because my son is heir to the throne. | 因为我儿子是皇位继承人 |
[1:24:38] | He must die. | 他一定要死 |
[1:24:44] | Quintus and the Praetorians would simply seize control for themselves. | 但昆塔斯和禁卫军会夺去控制权 |
[1:24:48] | No. Cut off the head and the snake cannot strike. | 不 把领导者杀了就不会失去控制权 |
[1:24:52] | Lucilla, Gaius is right. | 露西娜 盖尔斯说得对 |
[1:24:54] | Until we can neutralize the Praetorians, we can achieve nothing. | 不能压制禁卫军的话 我们不会成功 |
[1:25:00] | So we do nothing? | 那我们坐以待毙? |
[1:25:01] | No, child. We keep our counsel. | 不 我们在暗中计划 |
[1:25:05] | We prepare. | 我们准备 |
[1:25:07] | As long as the people support him, we are voices without steel. | 人民支持他 我们的声音便没有力量 |
[1:25:13] | We are air. | 我们是空气 |
[1:25:17] | But with every day that passes, he makes enemies. | 但每天他都在竖敌 |
[1:25:20] | One day, he’ll have more enemies than friends. | 终有一天 他的敌人会多过朋友 |
[1:25:23] | And on that day, we will act. | 那就是我们行动的时候 |
[1:25:27] | Then we will strike. | 那时我们便反击 |
[1:25:30] | But until then, | 在那刻来临前… |
[1:25:33] | we are docile. | 我们是听话的 |
[1:25:35] | We are obedient. | 我们是服从的 |
[1:25:38] | And we are treacherous. | 而我们亦是不忠的 |
[1:25:49] | Come on! | 快! |
[1:25:59] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[1:26:24] | The Emperor wants battles, | 皇帝想看搏斗 |
[1:26:25] | and I don’t want to sacrifice my best fighters. | 但我不想牺牲最好的斗士 |
[1:26:27] | The crowd wants battles, so the Emperor gives them battles. | 观众想看竞技 所以皇帝就举办大型的竞技搏斗 |
[1:26:31] | – You get the battle of Can’thage. – Massacre of Can’thage. | – 你的人将参加迦太基的战役 – 迦太基的大屠杀 |
[1:26:36] | Well, why don’t you go down to the prison, | 你为什么不把监狱里的 |
[1:26:38] | round up all the beggars and thieves? | 乞丐小偷都找来? |
[1:26:40] | We’ve done that. | 我们早就这么做了 |
[1:26:41] | If you want to give away the best gladiators | 如果你想要我牺牲 |
[1:26:44] | in the whole of the empire, | 全帝国最棒的角斗士 |
[1:26:45] | then I want double the rates. | 就得给我双倍的钱 |
[1:26:47] | You’ll get your contract rates, or you’ll get your contract canceled. | 我们要么按照合约给钱 要么就取消合约 |
[1:26:51] | You don’t like it? | 你不高兴吗? |
[1:26:52] | Then you can crawl back down that shit hole that you came from. | 那就滚回你的老家去 |
[1:26:59] | Cassius, please. You can free us. | 等等 卡西亚斯! |
[1:27:31] | Gladiator, are you the one they call the Spaniard? | 你就是外号”西班牙人”的角斗士吗? |
[1:27:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:27:37] | They said you were a giant. | 他们都说你力大无穷 |
[1:27:39] | They said you could crush a mars skull with one hand. | 他们说你单手就能捏碎大人的头 |
[1:27:42] | A mars? No. | 大人的? 不可能 |
[1:27:45] | A boy’s. | 小孩的也许可以 |
[1:27:48] | – Do they have good horses in Spain? – Some of the best. | – 西班牙有良种马吗? – 有最优秀的马 |
[1:27:53] | This is Argento and this is Scan’to. | 这是银子 这是黑点 |
[1:27:58] | They were my horses. | 他们是我的马 |
[1:28:00] | They were taken from me. | 可是被别人抢走了 |
[1:28:03] | I like you, Spaniard. I shall cheer for you. | 我很喜欢你 西班牙人 我会替你加油的 |
[1:28:07] | – They let you watch the games? – My uncle says it makes me strong. | – 他们准你看竞技比赛? – 我舅舅说这会使我变得勇敢 |
[1:28:10] | – And what does your father say? – My father is dead. | – 那你父亲怎样说? – 我父亲死了 |
[1:28:15] | Master Lucius, it is time. | 卢修斯少爷 该走了 |
[1:28:18] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[1:28:20] | Your name is Lucius? | 你叫卢修斯? |
[1:28:23] | Lucius Verus, after my father. | 卢修斯维勒斯 为了纪念我父亲 |
[1:28:57] | Lower! | 往下放! |
[1:29:04] | – Claudius! – Yes? | – 哥地亚斯! – 是? |
[1:29:07] | – More shields! – All right. | – 克劳迪亚斯! 还要更多的盾牌! – 好的 长官 |
[1:29:28] | When the Emperor enters, raise your weapons, salute him, | 当皇上进场时 举起你们的武器向他致敬 |
[1:29:33] | and then speak together. | 然后齐声向他问候! |
[1:29:36] | Face the Emperor and don’t turn your back on him. | 面对着皇帝 不可以背对着他! |
[1:29:40] | Go, and die with honor. | 去吧! 为荣誉而战! |
[1:30:38] | Hail, mighty Caesar! | 欢迎伟大的凯撒! |
[1:30:44] | – Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! – Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! | – 凯撒万岁! 凯撒万岁! – 凯撒万岁! 凯撒万岁! |
[1:30:51] | – We who are about to die salute you! – We who are about to die salute you! | – 角斗士们向您致敬! – 角斗士们向您致敬! |
[1:30:56] | On this day | 今天… |
[1:30:58] | we reach back to hallowed antiquity | 我们把战场移到神圣的古代… |
[1:31:02] | to bring you a re-creation of the second fall | 呈现在各位面前的是… |
[1:31:06] | of mighty Can’thage! | 迦太基沦亡的历史战役! |
[1:31:11] | On the barren plain of Zama | 在荒芜的扎马平原上… |
[1:31:16] | there stood the invincible armies | 汉尼拔将军的… |
[1:31:20] | of the barbarian Hannibal. | 不可战胜的野蛮人军队正严阵以待 |
[1:31:23] | Ferocious mercenaries and warriors | 来自所有残暴民族的… |
[1:31:26] | from all brute nations, | 佣兵和战士们… |
[1:31:29] | bent on merciless destruction, | 毫不留情的破坏 |
[1:31:34] | conquest. | 征服 |
[1:31:36] | Your emperor is pleased to give you | 你们的皇帝很荣幸的为大家介绍… |
[1:31:40] | the barbarian horde! | 野蛮的异帮人! |
[1:31:52] | Anyone here been in the army? | 有人在军队里服役过吗? |
[1:31:54] | Yes. I served with you at Vindobona. | 有 我曾在凡度巴纳和你一起服役 |
[1:31:58] | You can help me. | 你可以帮我忙 |
[1:32:01] | Whatever comes out of these gates, | 不管从铁门后出现的是什么 |
[1:32:04] | we’ve got a better chance of survival ifwe work together. | 我们只有同心协力才会有较大的胜算 |
[1:32:08] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗? |
[1:32:12] | Lfwe stay together, we survive. | 只有团结一致 我们才能活命 |
[1:32:14] | The Emperor is pleased to bring you the legionnaires | 我很荣幸为你们介绍… |
[1:32:17] | of Scipio Africanus! | 非洲的西比欧军团 |
[1:32:32] | To the death! | 奋战到底! |
[1:32:37] | – Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! – Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! | – 杀! 杀! 杀! – 杀! 杀! 杀! |
[1:32:44] | Stay close. | 大家靠拢! |
[1:32:51] | Come together! | 集合起来! |
[1:32:54] | Stay close. Staggered columns! | 纵队交错排列! |
[1:33:12] | You don’t have a chance. | 你没机会了! |
[1:33:25] | Lock your shields. Stay as one. | 固定盾牌! 紧密衔接! |
[1:33:29] | Hold! | 稳住! |
[1:33:33] | Hold! As one! | 稳住! 盾牌衔接起来! |
[1:33:39] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[1:33:52] | Hold. Down low! | 稳住! 下面! |
[1:34:01] | Yes! | 好! |
[1:34:15] | Hagen! | 贺格! |
[1:34:40] | This column to the chariot! This column stay with me! | 一队去移战车! 一队…跟我来! |
[1:34:47] | Quickly! | 快点! |
[1:34:49] | – Get out there. – Hurry! | – 去前面! – 快! |
[1:35:33] | Maximus! | 马西墨斯! |
[1:35:47] | Single column! Single column! | 单排队形! 排成一排! |
[1:36:34] | We win! | 我们赢了! |
[1:36:41] | My history’s a little hazy, Cassius, | 我对历史不太清楚 卡西亚斯 |
[1:36:44] | but shouldn’t the barbarians lose the battle of Can’thage? | 不过应该是野蛮人打输了迦太基战役吧? |
[1:36:47] | Yes, sire. | 是的 陛下 |
[1:36:51] | Forgive me, sire. | 请见谅 陛下 |
[1:36:53] | No, I rather enjoy surprises. | 没关系 我喜欢惊喜 |
[1:36:56] | Who is he? | 他是谁? |
[1:36:57] | They call him the Spaniard, sire. | 他们叫他做西班牙人 陛下 |
[1:37:03] | I think I’ll meet him. | 我想见见他 |
[1:37:05] | Yes, sire. | 是 陛下 |
[1:37:08] | Hail to the barbarians! | 为野蛮人欢呼! |
[1:37:25] | Forward! Arms at ready! | 前进! 严密戒备! |
[1:37:42] | Drop your weapons. | 放下武器! |
[1:37:48] | Gladiator, the Emperor has asked for you. | 皇帝要见你 角斗士 |
[1:37:51] | I am at the Emperor’s service. | 我随时听候差遣 |
[1:38:20] | Rise. Rise. | 起身 起身 |
[1:38:32] | Your fame is well deserved, Spaniard. | 西班牙人 你果然名不虚传 |
[1:38:34] | I don’t think there’s ever been a gladiator to match you. | 我相信其他的角斗士都不是你的对手 |
[1:38:37] | As for this young man, he insists you are Hector reborn. | 这位年轻人坚持你是赫克托转世 |
[1:38:40] | Or was it Hercules? | 还是你是大力神的化身? |
[1:38:43] | Why doesn’t the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name? | 你为何不表明身份 告诉大家你的真名? |
[1:38:49] | You do have a name. | 你总有名字吧? |
[1:38:51] | My name is Gladiator. | “角斗士”就是我的名字 |
[1:38:56] | How dare you show your back to me? Slave! | 你竟敢背对着我? 奴隶! |
[1:39:01] | You will remove your helmet and tell me your name. | 脱掉头盔 告诉我你的名字 |
[1:39:16] | My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, | 我叫马西墨斯德西斯梅里丢斯 |
[1:39:19] | commander of the armies of the north, | 北方军队的指挥官 |
[1:39:21] | general of the Felix Legions, | 菲力克斯军团的将军 |
[1:39:23] | loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius, | 真正的皇帝马可·奥勒留忠心的仆人 |
[1:39:28] | father to a murdered son, | 儿子被人谋杀 |
[1:39:31] | husband to a murdered wife, | 妻子遭人杀害… |
[1:39:33] | and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. | 不管今生或来世 我定会为他们复仇 |
[1:39:44] | Arms! | 卫兵! |
[1:39:58] | Live! Live! Live! Live! | 活! 活! 活! 活! 活! 活! |
[1:40:02] | – Live! Live! Live! Live! – Live! Live! Live! Live! | – 活 活 活 – 活 活 活 |
[1:40:49] | Arms, at rest! | 卫兵 退下! |
[1:41:44] | – Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! – Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! | – 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! – 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! |
[1:42:37] | Father. | 父亲 |
[1:43:52] | Why is he still alive? | 他怎么还活着? |
[1:43:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:43:57] | He shouldn’t be alive. | 他应该早就死了 |
[1:44:00] | It vexes me. | 实在让人烦恼 |
[1:44:03] | I’m terribly vexed. | 我非常生气 |
[1:44:16] | I did what I had to do. | 我只是做了不得不做的事 |
[1:44:19] | If Father had had his way, the empire would have been torn apart. | 要是按照父亲的意愿 罗马早就解体了 |
[1:44:23] | You do see that. | 你明白的 是吗? |
[1:44:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:44:31] | What did you feel when you saw him? | 你看到他的时候有何感觉? |
[1:44:36] | I felt nothing. | 没有任何感觉 |
[1:44:40] | He wounded you deeply, didn’t he? | 看来他伤得你很深 对不对? |
[1:44:43] | No more than I wounded him. | 我伤害他更深 |
[1:44:50] | They lied to me in Germania. | 在日耳曼的时候他们说谎 |
[1:44:54] | They told me he was dead. | 他们告诉我他已经死了 |
[1:44:58] | If they lie to me, they don’t respect me. | 他们骗我 即是不尊重我 |
[1:45:01] | If they don’t respect me, how can they ever love me? | 既然如此 他们又怎么可能爱我? |
[1:45:05] | Then you must let the legions know | 那么你必须让军团了解… |
[1:45:08] | their treachery will not go unpunished. | 他们的背叛行为一定会受到惩罚 |
[1:45:12] | Poor sister. | 可怜的姐姐 |
[1:45:14] | I wouldn’t want to be your enemy. | 我绝对不想与你为敌 |
[1:45:17] | What will you do? | 你打算怎么做? |
[1:45:32] | This way. | 出来! |
[1:46:09] | Rich matrons pay well to be pleasured by the bravest champions. | 贵妇人付高价是为了让英勇的角斗士取悦她 |
[1:46:12] | I knew your brother would send assassins. | 我知道你弟弟会派刺客来 |
[1:46:15] | I didn’t realize he would send his best. | 但我没想到他会派最好的来 |
[1:46:20] | Maximus, he doesn’t know. | 马西墨斯 他毫不知情 |
[1:46:23] | My family was burnt and crucified while they were still alive. | 我的家人被钉在十字架上活活烧死 |
[1:46:26] | – I knew nothing… – Don’t lie to me! | – 我真的不知情… – 别对我撒谎! |
[1:46:35] | I wept for them. | 我为他们哭泣 |
[1:46:37] | As you wept for your father? As you wept for your father? | 就像你为你父亲哭泣? |
[1:46:41] | I have been living in a prison of fear since that day. | 自从我父亲去世后 我便生活在恐惧之中 |
[1:46:45] | To be unable to mourn your father for fear of your brother. | 因为害怕自己的弟弟而无法哀悼自己的父亲 |
[1:46:49] | To live in terror every moment of every day, | 因为自己的儿子也是王位继承人 |
[1:46:53] | because your son is heir to the throne. | 我时时刻刻都生活在恐惧之中 |
[1:46:57] | I have wept. | 我有哭过 |
[1:47:00] | My son was innocent. | 我儿子是无辜的 |
[1:47:04] | So is mine. | 我儿子也是 |
[1:47:08] | Must my son die, too, before you’ll trust me? | 难道非得用我儿子的命来换取你的信任? |
[1:47:12] | What does it matter if I trust you or not? | 我是否信任你又有何区别? |
[1:47:16] | The gods have spared you. Don’t you understand? | 你难道不明白? 神已经宽恕你了 |
[1:47:19] | Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the emperor of Rome. | 今天我看见了比罗马皇帝还要有权力的奴隶 |
[1:47:23] | The gods have spared me? | 诸神已经宽恕我了? |
[1:47:25] | I am at their mercy, with the power only to amuse a mob. | 因为他们的怜悯 我才有娱乐观众的力量! |
[1:47:28] | That is power. | 那就是力量 |
[1:47:30] | The mob is Rome. | 观众代表着罗马 |
[1:47:32] | And while Commodus controls them, he controls everything. | 康莫德斯控制了他们就等于掌控了一切 |
[1:47:36] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[1:47:38] | My brother has enemies, most of all in the Senate. | 元老院的大多数人都是我弟弟的敌人 |
[1:47:41] | But while the people follow him, | 只是当人民都支持他的时候: |
[1:47:43] | no one would dare stand up to him until you. | 没有人敢和他正面冲突 除了你 |
[1:47:47] | They oppose him, yet they do nothing. | 他们反对他 却什么事都不做 |
[1:47:50] | There are some politicians who have dedicated their lives to Rome. | 有些政治家为罗马奉献出全部的心力 |
[1:47:53] | One man above all. | 他们有个领袖 |
[1:47:56] | If I can arrange it, will you meet him? | 如果我出面安排 你愿意和他见面吗? |
[1:48:00] | Do you not understand? | 你到底明不明白? |
[1:48:02] | I may die in this cell tonight, or in the arena tomorrow. I am a slave! | 我只是个奴隶 随时随地都有可能丧命 |
[1:48:06] | What possible difference can I make? | 我又能改变些什么呢? |
[1:48:09] | This man wants what you want. | 这个人有和你一样的目的 |
[1:48:11] | Then have him kill Commodus! | 那就让他去杀了康莫德斯! |
[1:48:16] | I knew a man once, | 我曾经认识一个人… |
[1:48:19] | a noble man. | 一个高尚的人 |
[1:48:21] | A man of principle who loved my father, | 他不但有原则…而且还敬爱我的父亲 |
[1:48:25] | and my father loved him. | 我的父亲也爱他 |
[1:48:29] | This man served Rome well. | 这个人为罗马贡献良多 |
[1:48:36] | That man is gone. | 那人已经死了 |
[1:48:39] | Your brother did his work well. | 你弟弟干的很成功 |
[1:48:41] | Let me help you. | 让我帮你 |
[1:48:48] | Yes, you can help me. | 对 你能帮我 |
[1:48:55] | Forget you ever knew me, never come here again. | 忘了我们曾经相识…再也不要来这里看我 |
[1:49:02] | Guard! The lady is finished with me. | 守卫 这位夫人要离开了 |
[1:49:33] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[1:49:38] | Julian Crassus. | 朱利安克拉苏 |
[1:49:45] | Name? | 名字? |
[1:49:48] | Marcus, sire. | 马可斯 陛下 |
[1:49:50] | My father’s name. | 跟我父亲同名 |
[1:49:59] | They must have known of Maximus’ escape, | 他们在发现马西墨斯逃走时 |
[1:50:02] | when they found the bodies of the four men. | 一定可以找到他们四个的尸体 |
[1:50:05] | They thought it was a barbarian raid. | 他们以为是野蛮人突袭 |
[1:50:09] | These are good men, sire. Loyal to the Emperor. | 他们是好人 陛下 他们忠于皇上 |
[1:50:19] | Load your arrows! | 搭箭! |
[1:50:28] | Prepare to fire! | 准备放箭! |
[1:50:51] | Then perhaps it was you who knew, | 又或者是你知道… |
[1:50:55] | and never told me. | 而不告诉我 |
[1:50:57] | – I didn’t know. – You didn’t know? | – 我并不知道 – 你不知道? |
[1:51:01] | But a general is always in control. | 但将军永远有控制权 |
[1:51:05] | Always in command, isn’t he? | 永远是命令者 不是吗? |
[1:51:10] | Yes, Caesar. | 是的 凯撒 |
[1:51:25] | Then give the command. Say it. | 那下命令吧 快说 |
[1:51:45] | Fire. | 放箭 |
[1:52:21] | Maximus. | 马西墨斯 |
[1:52:24] | You commanded legions? You had many victories? | 你指挥过军团? 你打过很多胜仗? |
[1:52:28] | – Yes. – In Germania? | – 是的 – 在日耳曼? |
[1:52:32] | In many countries. | 在很多国家 |
[1:52:35] | General. | 将军 |
[1:53:25] | You have a great name. | 你已经出名了 |
[1:53:29] | He must kill your name before he kills you. | 在杀你之前他得先羞辱你的名声 |
[1:53:41] | Yes, at the far end. | 没错 |
[1:53:42] | – Senator Gaius. – Hello. | – 盖尔斯议员 – 你好 |
[1:53:45] | Senator Gracchus. | 格瑞克斯议员 |
[1:53:48] | Don’t often see you enjoying the pleasures of the vulgar crowd. | 很难得看见你出现在这种龙蛇混杂的地方 |
[1:53:52] | I don’t pretend to be a man of the people, Senator, | 我不会假装和人民打成一片 |
[1:53:55] | but I do try to be a man for the people. | 但我会做个为人民说话的议员 |
[1:54:14] | – Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! – Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! | – 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒! – 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒! 凯撒! |
[1:54:23] | People of Rome! | 罗马的人民! |
[1:54:27] | On the fourth day ofAntioch, | 今天是安提俄克战役的第四天 |
[1:54:30] | we can celebrate the 64th day of the games. | 同时也是竞技庆典的第64天 |
[1:54:35] | And in his majestic charity, | 在他的仁慈下 |
[1:54:40] | the Emperor has deigned this day to favor the people of Rome | 皇帝决定赐予罗马人民… |
[1:54:45] | with an historical final match. | 一场历史性的决战 |
[1:54:49] | Returning to the Colosseum today, after five years in retirement, | 在退休五年后…重回竞技场 |
[1:54:55] | Caesar is pleased to bring you | 凯撒很高兴为大家请到… |
[1:54:59] | the only undefeated champion | 罗马历史上… |
[1:55:03] | in Roman history, | 唯一的不败冠军… |
[1:55:05] | the legendary Tigris of Gaul! | 来自高卢的传奇的底格里斯! |
[1:55:31] | He knows too well how to manipulate the mob. | 他太清楚该如何操纵观众 |
[1:55:35] | Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, Proximo. | 马可·奥勒留的梦想是建立一个全新的罗马 普罗西莫 |
[1:55:37] | This is not it. This is not it! | 但新罗马不应该是这样的! |
[1:55:40] | Marcus Aurelius is dead, Maximus. | 马可·奥勒留已经死了 马西墨斯 |
[1:55:44] | We mortals are but shadows and dust. | 我们只是凡夫俗子 一切终归尘土 |
[1:55:47] | Shadows and dust, Maximus! | 一切终归尘土 马西墨斯 |
[1:55:49] | Representing the training lyceum ofAntonius Proximo, | 让我们隆重介绍… |
[1:55:53] | Caesar is proud to give you | 代表普罗西莫训练会馆的… |
[1:55:57] | Aelius Maximus! | 马西墨斯! |
[1:56:14] | They embrace him like he’s one of their own. | 他们把他当成自己人 敞开双臂欢迎他 |
[1:56:16] | The mob is fickle, brother. He’ll be forgotten in a month. | 观众是很善变的 弟弟 不出一个月就会忘记他的 |
[1:56:23] | No, much sooner than that. | 错了 用不了那么久 |
[1:56:28] | It’s been arranged. | 一切都安排好了 |
[1:56:48] | We who are about to die salute you. | 角斗士向你致敬 |
[1:56:54] | We’re with you, Maximus! | 我们支持你 马西墨斯! |
[1:57:39] | Fight on, finish it! | 打败他! |
[1:58:09] | Pull, pull! | 用力拉! |
[1:58:43] | Loose! Loose! | 放开! 放开! |
[1:59:12] | – Gut him! – Kill! | – 杀了他! – 杀! |
[1:59:16] | – Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! – Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill! | – 杀! 杀! 杀! 杀! – 杀! 杀! 杀! 杀! |
[1:59:40] | – Kill! – Kill! | – 杀! – 杀! |
[2:00:20] | Maximus the Merciful! | 仁慈的马西墨斯! |
[2:00:31] | – Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! – Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! | – 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! – 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! |
[2:00:44] | Forward, arms at ready! | 卫兵 前进 攻击队形! |
[2:01:17] | What am I going to do with you? | 我该拿你怎么办? |
[2:01:20] | You simply won’t die. | 为什么你…不去死 |
[2:01:29] | Are we so different, you and I? | 我们之间的差异真有这么大吗? |
[2:01:32] | You take life when you have to, as I do. | 必要时你也杀人…就象我一样 |
[2:01:36] | I have only one more life to take. Then it is done. | 只剩下一个人我非杀不可 然后我的责任就完成了 |
[2:01:41] | Then take it now. | 那现在就动手啊 |
[2:01:55] | They tell me your son | 他们告诉我你儿子… |
[2:01:58] | squealed like a girl when they nailed him to the cross. | 在被钉上十字架的时候…象女孩子一样在尖叫 |
[2:02:04] | And your wife | 还有你妻子… |
[2:02:07] | moaned like a whore | 在被他们蹂躏的时候… |
[2:02:10] | when they ravaged her again and again | 象妓女一样在呻吟… |
[2:02:16] | and again. | 一次又一次…呻吟着 |
[2:02:23] | The time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end, | 你呼风唤雨的日子很快就要结束了 |
[2:02:31] | Highness. | 陛下 |
[2:03:00] | General! General! | 将军! |
[2:03:08] | – General! – Cicero! | – 将军! – 西斯洛! |
[2:03:17] | – General! – Where are you camped? | – 将军! – 军队在哪里扎营? |
[2:03:19] | Ostia. | 在奥斯亚 |
[2:03:27] | – We love you, Maximus! – Praise the victor! | – 我们爱你 马西墨斯! – 赞美胜利者! |
[2:03:30] | Tell the men their general lives. Find me. | 告诉大家我还活着 来找我 |
[2:03:32] | – Move along! – Find me! | – 快走! – 来找我! |
[2:04:00] | Can they hear you? | 他们可以听到你的祈祷吗? |
[2:04:05] | – Who? – Your family, in the afterlife. | – 谁? – 你在黄泉的家人 |
[2:04:11] | – Yes. – What do you say to them? | – 会的 – 你跟他们说什么? |
[2:04:18] | To my boy, | 对我的儿子 |
[2:04:21] | I tell him I will see him again soon, | 我告诉他我们很快就能见面了 |
[2:04:24] | and to keep his heels down when he’s riding his horse. | 骑马的时候记得脚跟要压低点 |
[2:04:28] | To my wife, | 对我妻子… |
[2:04:32] | that is not your business. | 那不关你的事 |
[2:04:42] | And now they love Maximus for his mercy. | 现在观众反而敬爱马西墨斯的仁慈 |
[2:04:47] | So I can’tjust kill him, or it makes me even more unmerciful. | 因此我更不能杀他 不然就会显得我更残暴 |
[2:04:51] | The whole thing is like some great nightmare. | 这整件事简直就象场恶梦 |
[2:04:57] | He is defying you. | 他是在公然向你挑战 |
[2:04:59] | His every victory is an act of defiance. | 他每一次的胜利都是种反抗的举动 |
[2:05:02] | The mob sees this, and so do the Senate. | 观众和元老院议员们都看到了 |
[2:05:07] | Every day he lives, they grow bolder. | 只要他存在一天 他们就会越来越大胆 |
[2:05:11] | – Kill him. – No. | – 杀了他 – 不行 |
[2:05:15] | I will not make a martyr of him. | 我不会帮他成为烈士 |
[2:05:24] | When I went to the Senate today, | 我今天去国会… |
[2:05:27] | I purposefully told them about using the grain reserves to pay for the games. | 特意告诉他们 我用了谷物贮备来支付竞技赛 |
[2:05:33] | And did you note what happened? | 你记得发生什么事吗? |
[2:05:35] | – Nothing. – Exactly. Nothing. | – 没什么 – 对 什么都没发生 |
[2:05:40] | Not a single word of protest. | 一句抗议都没有 |
[2:05:42] | Even the insolent Senator Gracchus was silent as a mouse. | 连傲慢的格瑞克斯议员也没出声 |
[2:05:46] | Why? | 为什么? |
[2:05:49] | I have been told of a certain sea snake | 我听说有一种海蛇 |
[2:05:52] | which has a very unusual method of attracting its prey. | 用非常特别的方法来诱捕猎物 |
[2:05:57] | It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as ifwounded. | 它会假装受伤 躺在海底 |
[2:06:02] | Then its enemies will approach, | 接着它的敌人会渐渐的靠近 |
[2:06:04] | and yet it will lie quite still. | 它会继续躺着不动 |
[2:06:08] | And then its enemies will take little bites of it, | 接着敌人会开始慢慢的咬它 |
[2:06:11] | and yet it remains still. | 但它还是…一动不动 |
[2:06:18] | So, | 那么 |
[2:06:20] | we will lie still, | 我们要不动声色… |
[2:06:23] | and let our enemies come to us and nibble. | 耐心等待我们的敌人上钩 |
[2:06:27] | Have every senator followed. | 让所有的议员也自投罗网 |
[2:06:47] | Cicero, my old friend. | 西斯洛 我的老朋友 |
[2:06:49] | I thought perhaps I’d seen you for the last time. | 我以为再也见不到你了 |
[2:06:51] | – I thought you were dead. – Close. | – 我以为你死了 – 差不多 |
[2:06:54] | How long have the men been in Ostia? | 军团驻扎在奥斯亚有多久了? |
[2:06:55] | All winter. | 整个冬季 |
[2:06:57] | – And how do they look? – Fat and bored. | – 他们的状况如何? ? – 整天吃饱了 无所事事 |
[2:07:01] | – Who’s in command? – Some fool from Rome. | – 指挥官是谁? – 从罗马来的白痴 |
[2:07:06] | How soon do you think they could be ready to fight? | 他们最快要什么时候才能准备好? |
[2:07:08] | For you, tomorrow. | 为了你 明天 |
[2:07:11] | I need you to do something for me. | 有件事我需要你帮忙 |
[2:07:18] | Come, see, witness. | 各位 快来看 |
[2:07:20] | If you haven’t been in the arena, you can see the show here. | 如果你没去竞技场的话 你能在这里看见当时的情景 |
[2:07:23] | Giant Maximus is defeating our emperor, Commodus. | 马西墨斯快要打败我们的皇帝康莫德斯了 我们该怎么办? |
[2:07:26] | What are we to do? He’s just defying everyone, | 他藐视每一个人 |
[2:07:29] | by doing this to him, they do… | 我们该怎么办? |
[2:07:32] | My goodness! | 啊! 我的天啊! |
[2:07:35] | – He got him, he’s defeated. – Give way! | – 他赢了! – 让路! |
[2:07:45] | My lady? I served your father at Vindobona. | 公主陛下? 我在凡度巴纳侍奉过你父亲 |
[2:07:48] | – Back. – My lady. | – 退后 – 我的夫人 |
[2:07:49] | I served your father at Vindobona. | 我在凡度巴纳服侍过你父亲 |
[2:07:52] | Back! | 退后! |
[2:07:53] | And I served General Maximus. I serve him still. | 我也服侍过马西墨斯将军 我现在还为他服务 |
[2:07:58] | Stop. Stop. | 停下来 |
[2:08:00] | Stop! | 停! |
[2:08:02] | Stand back. | 退下 |
[2:08:04] | The general sends word, he will meet your politician. | 将军让我带个口信 他愿意见你说的政治家 |
[2:08:09] | – For your loyalty, soldier. – Thank you, my lady. | – 士兵 奖赏你的忠诚 – 谢谢 夫人 |
[2:08:22] | Leave us. | 出去吧 |
[2:08:29] | Senator Gracchus. | 格瑞克斯议员 |
[2:08:45] | General. | 将军 |
[2:08:47] | I hope my coming here today is evidence enough | 我希望今天我来这里能够… |
[2:08:50] | that you can trust me. | 使你信任我 |
[2:08:57] | – The Senate is with you? – The Senate? | – 元老院和你的立场一致? – 元老院? |
[2:09:01] | Yes. I can speak for them. | 是的 我能代表他们 |
[2:09:05] | You can buy my freedom and smuggle me out of Rome? | 你能帮我获得自由偷偷把我运出罗马吗? |
[2:09:08] | To what end? | 你打算干什么? |
[2:09:11] | Get me outside the city walls. | 把我送到城外去 |
[2:09:14] | Have fresh horses ready to take me to Ostia. My army is encamped there. | 准备好马匹让我去奥斯亚 我的军队在那里扎营 |
[2:09:18] | By nightfall of the second day, I shall return at the head of 5, 000 men. | 我会在第二天傍晚率领五千名士兵回来 |
[2:09:22] | But the legions all have new commanders, | 但军团的新指挥官 |
[2:09:24] | loyal to Commodus. | 全都效忠于康莫德斯 |
[2:09:25] | Let my men see me alive, and you shall see where their loyalties lie. | 只要我的部下看到我还活你就知道他们效忠谁了 |
[2:09:29] | This is madness. | 简直太疯狂了 |
[2:09:31] | No Roman army has entered the capital in 100 years. | 百年来罗马军队从未进入过首都 |
[2:09:35] | I will not trade one dictatorship for another! | 我不愿意引狼入室! |
[2:09:37] | The time for half measures and talk is over, Senator. | 议员 已经没时间商量权宜办法了 |
[2:09:41] | And after your glorious coup, what then? | 在你光荣的政变之后又将如何? |
[2:09:45] | You’ll take your 5, 000 warriors and leave? | 你会带着五千名士兵离开罗马? |
[2:09:49] | I will leave. | 我会离开 |
[2:09:51] | The soldiers will stay for your protection, | 士兵们会留下来保护你们 |
[2:09:53] | under the command of the Senate. | 受元老院的指挥 |
[2:09:55] | So, | 换言之 |
[2:09:56] | once all of Rome is yours, you’ll just give it back to the people? | 一旦罗马被你控制以后…你会将它交还给人民? |
[2:10:02] | Tell me why. | 告诉我原因 |
[2:10:09] | Because that was the last wish of a dying man. | 因为那是某人临死前最后的期望 |
[2:10:15] | I will kill Commodus. | 我会杀了康莫德斯 |
[2:10:19] | The fate of Rome I leave to you. | 罗马的命运就交给你了 |
[2:10:24] | Marcus Aurelius trusted you. | 马可·奥勒留信任你 |
[2:10:28] | His daughter trusts you. | 他的女儿信任你 |
[2:10:34] | I will trust you. | 我也会信任你 |
[2:10:36] | But we have little time. | 但我们时间紧迫 |
[2:10:39] | Give me two days, | 给我两天时间… |
[2:10:41] | and I will buy your freedom. | 我会想办法使你获得自由 |
[2:10:44] | And you, | 而你… |
[2:10:47] | you stay alive, | 你千万要活下去 |
[2:10:50] | or I’ll be dead. | 否则我就死定了 |
[2:10:54] | Now we must go. | 我们得走了 |
[2:11:22] | He’ll be waiting for you. Stand at the foot of the colossus. | 他会在等你 站在斗兽场脚下 |
[2:11:26] | He’ll find you. | 他会找到你 |
[2:12:12] | It won’t work. | 不可能成功的 |
[2:12:14] | The Emperor knows too much. | 皇帝对一切都了如指掌 |
[2:12:17] | And as for me, | 对我来说… |
[2:12:21] | it’s becoming dangerous. | 形势越来越危险了 |
[2:12:24] | You’ll be paid on my return. | 我回来后会酬谢你的 |
[2:12:28] | I give you my word. | 我向你保证 |
[2:12:30] | Your word? What if you don’t return? | 保证? 你不回来的话怎么办呢 |
[2:12:35] | Do you remember what it was to have trust, Proximo? | 你还记得信任别人的感觉吗 普罗西莫? |
[2:12:38] | Trust? | 信任? |
[2:12:43] | Who am I to trust? | 有谁值得我信任? |
[2:12:45] | – I will kill Commodus. – Why would I want that? | – 我会杀死康莫德斯 – 对我有什么好处? |
[2:12:49] | He makes me rich. | 他给我带来财富 |
[2:12:56] | I know that you are a man of your word, General. | 我知道你是个信守承诺的人 将军 |
[2:13:01] | I know that you would die for honor. | 我也知道你愿意为荣誉而死 |
[2:13:05] | You would die for Rome. | 你愿意为罗马而牺牲 |
[2:13:08] | You would die for the memory of your ancestors. | 愿意为祖先的名誉而死 |
[2:13:11] | But I, on the other hand, | 但我 换个角度说… |
[2:13:16] | I’m an entertainer. | 我不过是个表演艺人 |
[2:13:21] | Guard! | 守卫! |
[2:13:27] | He killed the man who set you free. | 他杀了还你自由的那个人 |
[2:13:39] | Praetorians, master. | 大人 是禁卫军 |
[2:13:47] | Halt! | 停! |
[2:14:53] | Where have you been? | 你去哪里了? |
[2:14:56] | I sent for you. | 我派人去找你 |
[2:14:59] | Please, brother. | 弟弟 别疑神疑鬼了 |
[2:15:06] | What’s troubling you? | 什么事让你烦心? |
[2:15:11] | Does Gracchus have a new lover? | 格瑞克斯是不是有了新爱人? |
[2:15:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[2:15:18] | I thought you’d seen him. | 我以为你见过他 |
[2:15:21] | He infects everyone like a putrid fever. | 他象伤寒一样影响着每个人 |
[2:15:26] | For the health of Rome, the Senate must be bled. | 为罗马着想 必须要牺牲元老院 |
[2:15:29] | And he will bleed, too. | 他也不能幸免 |
[2:15:32] | Very soon. | 时机成熟了 |
[2:15:35] | But not tonight. | 不要选在今晚 |
[2:15:52] | Do you remember what our father said once? | 还记得父亲曾说过的话吗? |
[2:15:56] | “It’s a dream, | “一场梦… |
[2:16:00] | “a frightful dream, | 生活就是… |
[2:16:04] | “life is.” | 一场噩梦” |
[2:16:08] | Do you think that’s true? | 你觉得他说的对吗? |
[2:16:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[2:16:16] | I think it is. | 我认为是真的 |
[2:16:20] | And I have only you to share it with. | 而我只能和你分享 |
[2:17:01] | Open your mouth. | 张开嘴 |
[2:17:39] | You know I love you. | 你知道我爱你 |
[2:17:43] | And I love you. | 我也爱你 |
[2:18:22] | Out. Get out! | 出去 滚出去! |
[2:18:24] | Move! | 快点! |
[2:18:30] | Congratulations, General. | 恭喜你 将军 |
[2:18:32] | You’ve got very persuasive friends. | 你的朋友很擅于说服别人 |
[2:18:41] | My brother has had Gracchus arrested. | 我弟弟已经逮捕了格瑞克斯 |
[2:18:44] | We daren’t wait any longer. We must leave tonight. | 我们不能再等下去了 今晚一定得离开 |
[2:18:47] | Proximo will come at midnight and take you to the gate. | 普罗西莫半夜会来把你带到大门口 |
[2:18:52] | Your servant, Cicero, will be waiting there with horses. | 你的仆人 西斯洛 会带着马在那边等你 |
[2:18:57] | – You have done all this? – Yes. | – 你一个人安排这一切的吗? – 是 |
[2:19:01] | You risk too much. | 你太冒险了 |
[2:19:03] | I have much to pay for. | 我有太多的债要还 |
[2:19:08] | You have nothing to pay for. | 你并没有亏欠任何人 |
[2:19:10] | You love your son. You’re strong for him. | 你爱你的儿子 为了他 你变得十分坚强 |
[2:19:16] | I am tired of being strong. | 我已经厌倦了 |
[2:19:21] | My brother hates all the world, and you most of all. | 我弟弟憎恨全世界 尤其是你 |
[2:19:26] | – Because your father chose me. – No. | – 因为你父亲选了我 – 不 |
[2:19:30] | Because my father loved you. | 因为我父亲爱你 |
[2:19:36] | And because I loved you. | 而我也爱你 |
[2:19:41] | A long time ago. | 很久以前的事了 |
[2:19:48] | Was I very different then? | 我变了很多吗? |
[2:19:56] | You laughed more. | 你以前比较爱笑 |
[2:20:02] | I have felt alone all my life, | 我一直都觉得很寂寞 |
[2:20:06] | except with you. | 除了跟你一起时 |
[2:20:11] | I must go. | 我要走了 |
[2:20:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[2:20:42] | There. | 那里 |
[2:20:55] | And I got you. | 我赢了 |
[2:20:59] | Isn’t it late to be playing legionnaire? | 现在玩士兵打仗不会晚了点吗? |
[2:21:01] | I’m not a legionnaire. | 我不是士兵 |
[2:21:04] | – Not a legionnaire? – I’m a gladiator. | – 不是士兵? – 我是角斗士 |
[2:21:08] | A gladiator? | 角斗士? |
[2:21:10] | Gladiators only fight in the games. | 角斗士只在竞技场里打斗 |
[2:21:13] | Wouldrt you rather be a great Roman warrior like Julius Caesar? | 难道你不想像凯撒朱利叶…那样当一名出色的罗马战士? |
[2:21:16] | I’m Maximus, the savior of Rome! | 我是马西墨斯 罗马的救世主! |
[2:21:22] | The savior of Rome? | 罗马的救世主? |
[2:21:31] | And who said that? | 是谁说的? |
[2:21:42] | Where’s Lucius? | 卢修斯在哪里? |
[2:21:45] | He’s with the Emperor, my lady. | 他和皇帝在一起 夫人 |
[2:21:50] | – She couldn’t. – Yes, she did. | – 她不可能那样做 – 不 是真的 |
[2:21:52] | She took it from a basket, | 她在篮中拿出来… |
[2:21:56] | and pressed it to her breast, right here above her heart. | 她从篮子里拿出来 把它放在胸口 就在她心脏的正上方 |
[2:22:01] | – It bit her in the breast? – Yes. | – 它咬在她的胸口上? – 是的 |
[2:22:05] | You see, Lucius, sometimes royal ladies | 你知道吗? 卢修斯 有时候那些皇室的小姐们… |
[2:22:09] | behave very strangely and do very odd things in the name of love. | 为了爱可以做出一些非常奇怪的事来 |
[2:22:13] | – I think it’s silly. – So do I. | – 我觉得这样做很愚蠢 – 我也这么想 |
[2:22:18] | So do I. | 我也这么想 |
[2:22:20] | Sister, join us. | 姐姐 过来加入我们 |
[2:22:23] | I’ve been reading to dear Lucius. | 我在念故事给卢修斯听 |
[2:22:24] | – I’ve been reading, too. – Yes. | – 我也在读 – 没错 |
[2:22:27] | He’s a very clever little boy. He’ll make a grand emperor one day. | 他是个非常机灵的小男孩 总有一天他会成为了不起的皇帝的 |
[2:22:32] | We’ve been reading about the great Mark Antony, | 我们在读伟大的安东尼 |
[2:22:35] | and his adventures in Egypt. | 和他在埃及的冒险 |
[2:22:36] | And the queen killed herself with a snake. | 还有皇后用蛇自杀的故事 |
[2:22:39] | And just wait until you hear what happened to our ancestors. | 我还没告诉你发生在我们祖先身上的故事 |
[2:22:42] | If you’re very good, | 如果你很乖的话 |
[2:22:44] | tomorrow night, I’ll tell you the story of Emperor Claudius. | 明晚我会给你讲克劳迪亚斯皇帝的故事 |
[2:22:48] | He was betrayed | 他身边最亲近的人… |
[2:22:51] | by those closest to him. | 背叛了他 |
[2:22:55] | By his own blood. | 他的亲人 |
[2:22:58] | They whispered in dark corners | 他们在黑暗的角落里商议… |
[2:23:01] | and went out late at night, | 并且在半夜偷偷出去… |
[2:23:03] | and conspired, and conspired. | 共同密谋… |
[2:23:09] | But the Emperor Claudius knew that they were up to something. | 但皇帝知道他们在策划阴谋 |
[2:23:13] | He knew they were busy little bees. | 他知道象小蜜蜂一样忙碌 |
[2:23:18] | And one night he sat down with one of them, | 有天晚上 他和其中一人谈话… |
[2:23:22] | and he looked at her, | 他看着她… |
[2:23:24] | and he said, | 然后说… |
[2:23:27] | “Tell me what you’ve been doing, | “告诉我你们的计划… |
[2:23:30] | “busy little bee. | 忙碌的小蜜蜂 |
[2:23:34] | “Or I shall strike down those dearest to you. | 不然我会杀死你最亲的人… |
[2:23:39] | “You shall watch as I bathe in their blood.” | 你会看到我身上沾满他们的鲜血” |
[2:23:45] | And the Emperor was heartbroken. | 而皇帝的心都碎了 |
[2:23:50] | The little bee had wounded him more deeply | 小蜜蜂对他的伤害 |
[2:23:52] | than anyone else could ever have done. | 比任何人都要深 |
[2:23:57] | What do you think happened then, Lucius? | 卢修斯 你认为接下来会发生什么事? |
[2:24:00] | I don’t know, Uncle. | 我不知道 舅舅 |
[2:24:09] | The little bee told him everything. | 小蜜蜂告诉了他所有的事 |
[2:25:09] | Open, in the name of the Emperor! | 开闸 皇上有令! |
[2:25:13] | Proximo! | 普罗西莫! |
[2:25:15] | Open the gates, in the name of the Emperor! | 开门 我们是奉皇帝的命令来的! |
[2:25:19] | Proximo! | 普罗西莫! |
[2:25:23] | Open the gates! | 奉皇帝的命令 开门! |
[2:25:30] | Open the gates, Proximo. | 快开门 普罗西莫! |
[2:25:33] | Do you want to die, old man? | 老头 你想找死吗? |
[2:25:36] | Here. | 拿去 |
[2:25:38] | Everything is prepared. | 一切准备好了 |
[2:25:40] | It seems you have won your freedom. | 看来你赢得你的自由了 |
[2:25:43] | Proximo, are you in danger of becoming a good man? | 普罗西莫 当个好人是否会替你惹上麻烦 |
[2:25:51] | – Juba. – All enemies of the Emperor die! | – 裘巴 – 反抗皇帝的人都得死! |
[2:25:56] | Open the gates! | 开门! 皇帝的命令! |
[2:26:03] | Pull! | 用力拉! |
[2:26:08] | Move! Form a column on the left! | 冲! 两队人去左边! |
[2:26:14] | I only need moments, so do not be careless with your lives. | 我只需要机会脱身 千万别做无谓的牺牲 |
[2:26:18] | If you don’t want any part of this, go back to your cells. | 不想被卷入这事的 就回到囚室里去 |
[2:26:20] | We’ll wait here for you, Maximus. | 我们会留在这里帮你 马西墨斯 |
[2:26:22] | – Strength and honor. – Strength and honor. | – 勇气和荣誉 – 勇气和荣誉 |
[2:26:24] | Go. | 去吧 |
[2:26:26] | Strength and honor. | 勇气和荣誉 |
[2:26:31] | Aim. Arch your bows! | 瞄准 拉弓! |
[2:27:25] | 马可·奥勒留914-922 | |
[2:27:29] | 普罗西莫 | |
[2:27:41] | Shadows and dust. | 一切终归尘土 |
[2:28:24] | Maximus! | 马西墨斯! |
[2:28:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[2:28:58] | It’s done. | 事情都解决了 |
[2:29:07] | And what of my nephew? | 该如何处治我的外甥? |
[2:29:10] | And what of his mother? | 还有他的母亲? |
[2:29:14] | Should they share her lover’s fate? | 他们应该面对和她爱人相同的命运吗? |
[2:29:18] | Or should I be merciful? | 还是我应该网开一面? |
[2:29:23] | Commodus the Merciful. | 仁慈的康莫德斯 |
[2:29:31] | Lucius will stay with me now. | 从现在起 卢修斯由我照顾 |
[2:29:35] | And if his mother | 如果他母亲… |
[2:29:38] | so much as looks at me | 用令我不快的眼神看着我… |
[2:29:41] | in a manner that displeases me, | 用令我不快的态度对我… |
[2:29:46] | he will die. | 他就会死 |
[2:29:50] | If she decides to be noble, | 如果她想…抵死不从… |
[2:29:55] | and takes her own life, | 或者想自杀的话… |
[2:29:59] | he will die. | 他会死 |
[2:30:04] | And as for you, | 至于你… |
[2:30:09] | you will love me, | 你会爱我… |
[2:30:11] | as I have loved you. | 就像我爱你一样 |
[2:30:15] | You will provide me with an heir of pure blood, | 你会帮我生育下一代 血统纯正的继承人… |
[2:30:19] | so that Commodus | 那么康莫德斯 |
[2:30:22] | and his progeny will rule for 1, 000 years. | 和他的子孙…将世世代代统治罗马 |
[2:30:29] | Am I not merciful? | 我不够仁慈吗? |
[2:30:53] | Am I not merciful! | 我不够仁慈吗? |
[2:31:08] | – Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! – Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! | – 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! – 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! 马西墨斯! |
[2:31:39] | I’m a soldier. I obey. | 我是军人 我职责是服从 |
[2:31:45] | Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear. | 没人可以逼你做你不愿意的事 |
[2:32:22] | Maximus. | 马西墨斯! |
[2:32:30] | They call for you. | 他们在为你欢呼 |
[2:32:33] | The general who became a slave. | 一个沦为奴隶的将军 |
[2:32:38] | The slave who became a gladiator. | 一个变成角斗士的奴隶 |
[2:32:42] | The gladiator who defied an emperor. | 一个挑战皇帝的角斗士 |
[2:32:46] | A striking story. | 一个震撼人心的故事 |
[2:32:49] | Now the people want to know how the story ends. | 现在人们想知道故事的结局 |
[2:32:55] | Only a famous death will do. | 只有一个出名的死亡才能令人满意 |
[2:32:59] | And what could be more glorious | 还有什么能比… |
[2:33:02] | than to challenge the Emperor himself in the great arena? | 在竞技场上亲自挑战皇帝来的光荣呢? |
[2:33:08] | – You would fight me? – Why not? | – 你要和我决斗? – 为什么不? |
[2:33:12] | Do you think I’m afraid? | 你以为我害怕吗? |
[2:33:15] | I think you have been afraid all your life. | 我认为你一生人也在害怕 |
[2:33:18] | Unlike Maximus the Invincible, who knows no fear? | 不象无敌的马西墨斯 有谁从来不害怕? |
[2:33:28] | I knew a man who once said, “Death smiles at us all. | 一个我认识的人曾经说过 “死亡向所有人微笑… |
[2:33:32] | “All a man can do is smile back.” | 人们所能做的就是还以微笑” |
[2:33:36] | I wonder, | 我在怀疑 |
[2:33:38] | did your friend smile at his own death? | 你的朋友在面对死亡时也在微笑吗? |
[2:33:42] | You must know. | 你要知道 |
[2:33:46] | He was your father. | 他是你父亲 |
[2:33:52] | You loved my father, I know, | 我知道 你爱我的父亲 |
[2:33:55] | but so did I. | 但我也爱他 |
[2:33:59] | That makes us brothers, doesn’t it? | 我们因此是兄弟 不是吗? |
[2:34:04] | Smile for me now, brother. | 兄弟 对我微笑吧 |
[2:34:11] | Strap on his armor. Conceal the wound. | 替他穿上盔甲 把伤口遮住 |
[2:35:09] | Ring formation! | 成包围队形! |
[2:37:02] | Quintus, sword. | 昆塔斯 剑 |
[2:37:06] | Give me your sword. | 把你的剑给我! |
[2:37:11] | Sword! Give me a sword! | 剑! 给我把剑! |
[2:37:14] | Sheathe your swords. Sheathe your swords! | 收剑入鞘! 收剑入鞘! |
[2:39:33] | Maximus. | 马西墨斯 |
[2:39:42] | Quintus. | 昆塔斯 |
[2:39:45] | Free my men. | 还我的人自由 |
[2:39:48] | Senator Gracchus is to be reinstated. | 恢复格瑞克斯议员的职位 |
[2:39:52] | There was a dream that was Rome. | 罗马的共和是个梦想 |
[2:39:54] | It shall be realized. | 它应当被实现 |
[2:39:57] | These are the wishes of Marcus Aurelius. | 这些都是马可·奥勒留的心愿 |
[2:40:00] | Free the prisoners. Go! | 释放囚犯 快去 |
[2:40:27] | Maximus. | 马西墨斯 |
[2:40:30] | Lucius is safe. | 卢修斯安全了 |
[2:40:48] | Go to them. | 去找他们吧 |
[2:41:40] | You’re home. | 你回到家了 |
[2:42:08] | Is Rome won’th one good mars life? | 罗马值得一个好人牺牲性命吗? |
[2:42:14] | We believed it once. | 我们曾经相信 |
[2:42:19] | Make us believe it again. | 那就让我们再次相信吧 |
[2:42:25] | He was a soldier of Rome. | 他是罗马的将士 |
[2:42:31] | Honor him. | 让我们给他荣耀 |
[2:42:33] | Who will help me carry him? | 谁愿意来帮我一起抬他? |
[2:43:19] | Now we are free. | 现在我们都自由了 |
[2:43:27] | I will see you again. | 我们会再见面的 |
[2:43:32] | But not yet. | 不过现在还不是时候 |
[2:43:35] | Not yet. | 还不是时候 |