英文名称:Geralds Game
年代:2017
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:41] | You want something else? | 想换首别的吗 |
[01:42] | No, nothing wrong with Sam. | 不 山姆的歌挺好的 |
[01:44] | Just… wanted to take in the scenery. | 我只是…想享受一下风景 |
[02:01] | This is gonna be good for us, Jess, really good. | 这会对我们很有好处的 杰西 很有好处 |
[02:18] | Police are investigating a break-in and burglary at a county cemetery… | 警方正在调查县立墓园的一起入园盗窃… |
[02:23] | Gerald. | 杰罗德 |
[02:23] | – Yeah? – Gerald! | -怎么了 -杰罗德 |
[02:26] | Oh, shit! | 该死 |
[02:30] | …and reportedly disturbing several… | …据称 几起令人不安的… |
[02:31] | He’s starving. | 它饿坏了 |
[02:32] | …partially exhuming at least one casket. | …至少盗挖了一个棺材 |
[02:42] | They should do something about those strays. | 他们应该管管这些野狗的 |
[02:46] | Several city council… | 几名市议员… |
[02:49] | I think he had a collar. | 它好像戴了项圈 |
[02:50] | He might belong to someone. | 应该是有主人的 |
[02:51] | He won’t for long. | 很快就不是了 |
[02:52] | If he keeps going for roadkill, | 假如它总来吃这些被撞死的动物 |
[02:53] | he’s gonna be roadkill himself. | 总有一天它也会被撞死的 |
[02:58] | – We’re not going back for him. – I know. | -我们是不会为它掉头的 -我知道 |
[03:01] | – We’re not. – I know. | -绝对不 -我知道 |
[03:18] | Not again. | 又来 |
[03:20] | – Just be two minutes, babe. Okay? – It’s okay. | -就两分钟 好吗宝贝 -没关系 |
[03:23] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[03:25] | Yeah. No, I understand. | 不 我明白 |
[03:26] | But the only way we can move forward is | 但唯有他们接受了竞业禁止条款 |
[03:28] | if they accept a non-compete clause. | 我们才能继续 |
[04:19] | You stocked us. | 你备好了口粮 |
[04:20] | Yeah. Enough for the whole weekend. | 是啊 足够吃一整个周末了 |
[04:34] | Here, boy! | 来呀 孩子 |
[04:36] | You hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[04:43] | You out there? | 你在吗 |
[05:26] | There you are. | 你在这儿呢 |
[05:31] | Look what I have for you. | 看看我给你准备了什么 |
[05:39] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[05:43] | Here you go, my poor prince. | 吃吧 你个落魄王子 |
[05:51] | – What are you doing? – Oh. I was just… | -你在干什么 -我只是… |
[05:57] | I was just trying to feed that dog. | 我只是想喂喂那条狗 |
[05:59] | That’s Kobe rib eye. | 那可是神户肋眼牛排 |
[06:00] | It’s actually from Kobe. | 真的是从神户运过来的 |
[06:01] | It’s… $200 a portion. | 一份两百美元呢 |
[06:05] | Sorry, there were four in the fridge. I figured… | 抱歉 冰箱里有四块 我以为… |
[06:09] | You’ve got such a good heart. | 你真善良 |
[06:11] | That’s who I married. | 所以我才娶了你 |
[06:13] | For better or worse. | 祸福同享 |
[06:15] | No, just leave it. | 算了 就留在那里吧 |
[06:18] | It’ll be the best meat he’s ever had. | 这会是它吃过的最好的肉 |
[06:20] | Let’s go in, get comfy. | 我们回去吧 放松一下 |
[06:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:26] | I would have only eaten half a piece. | 我本来应该只吃一半的 |
[06:30] | He looks so hungry. | 它看上去饿坏了 |
[06:33] | – Sorry, I didn’t know. – No problem. | -抱歉 我不知道这么贵 -没关系 |
[06:37] | Do you wanna open some champagne now or should we… | 你是想现在开香槟还是… |
[06:40] | We could… | 我们可以… |
[07:38] | Okay. | 好了 |
[07:40] | – Are you ready? – I’m ready. | -准备好了吗 -准备好了 |
[07:50] | – Babe. – You look amazing. | -亲爱的 -你看上去美极了 |
[07:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:06] | Sorry, babe. Gloss. | 抱歉 宝贝 唇彩 |
[08:33] | Gotta say, I was… I was expecting… | 不得不说 我以为会是… |
[08:37] | more novelty things, | 更新颖一点的东西 |
[08:38] | like with velvet or silk or something. | 比如天鹅绒或是丝绸之类的 |
[08:40] | Oh, no. No, these are the real deal. | 不 不 这个可是真家伙 |
[08:42] | The others can just break if you get going too hard. | 其他的假如太激烈了就会断掉 |
[08:46] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -可以吗 -嗯 |
[08:51] | This is good. You’ll like this. | 这很棒的 你会喜欢的 |
[09:22] | Is it okay? | 还好吗 |
[09:24] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:29] | Try to move. | 动动试试 |
[09:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:40] | I love this slip. | 我喜欢这条裙子 |
[09:41] | Oh, good, I bought it special. | 太好了 我特地买的 |
[09:50] | You’ll like it better up around your shoulders. | 等我把它推到你肩膀上你会更喜欢它的 |
[10:22] | Look what I found. | 看看我发现了什么 |
[10:24] | What? | 什么 |
[10:25] | I bet you want me to leave. | 我猜你一定希望我马上走人 |
[10:31] | I bet you think your husband will be back any minute. | 我猜你一定觉得你丈夫马上就会回来了 |
[10:34] | But something tells me he won’t. | 但我觉得他回不来了 |
[10:47] | You can try to scream… | 你可以尖叫… |
[10:49] | if you want to. | 假如你愿意的话 |
[10:51] | There’s no one for miles. | 反正方圆几里都没有人 |
[10:54] | – Gerald. – Gerald? | -杰罗德 -杰罗德 |
[10:56] | I’m sorry, baby, you don’t get to know my name. | 抱歉 宝贝 你不知道我的名字 |
[11:05] | Try to call for help. | 试着求救一下 |
[11:07] | – Really? – Come on, just try. | -讲真 -来嘛 试试嘛 |
[11:11] | – Help. Somebody help me. – Come on. | -救命 来人救救我 -拜托 |
[11:15] | Come on, you said you’d try to make it feel real. | 来嘛 你说过你会尽量装得像一点的 |
[11:17] | Yeah, just… | 没错 只是… |
[11:18] | calling for help, it’s kinda… | 求救…这感觉有点… |
[11:20] | – What are we trying to do here? – Just try it. | -我们到底在干什么 -你就配合一下嘛 |
[11:23] | I’m sorry. I’m feeling a little weird. | 抱歉 我觉得有点怪怪的 |
[11:26] | And I thought the point was to feel sexy, so… | 我以为重点是要弄得性感一点 所以… |
[11:28] | – Well, you’ll settle into it. – Okay. | -你会入戏的 -好吧 |
[11:38] | Help! Somebody help! | 救命 来人救救我啊 |
[11:43] | – Sorry, I’m just… – That really hurt. | -抱歉 我只是… -好疼 |
[11:47] | – You like it, though. Don’t you? – Gerald. Gerald. | -但是你喜欢 对不对 -杰罗德 杰罗德 |
[11:51] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[11:53] | I’m serious. Stop. | 我是认真的 快停下 |
[11:54] | Yeah, like that. Make it feel real. | 没错 就是这样 装得像一点 |
[11:56] | Stop it. | 停下 |
[11:57] | – Make me. – Stop! | -你反抗啊 -停下 |
[11:59] | You can fight all you want, | 随你怎么挣扎 |
[12:00] | but Daddy’s gonna get what Daddy wants. | 但爹地总能如愿以偿的 |
[12:02] | Fucking stop it! | 你他妈住手 |
[12:04] | Uncuff me now! | 马上把我解开 |
[12:08] | Are you… are you playing? | 你是…你是在演戏吗 |
[12:11] | Wipe that absurd grin off your face. | 把那恶心的笑容给我收起来 |
[12:13] | Uncuff me and stop calling yourself fucking “Daddy”! | 把我解开 别他妈喊自己”爹地” |
[12:17] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[12:20] | Isn’t this why we came up here? | 我们来这里不就是为了这个吗 |
[12:24] | To spice things up and try and push some boundaries? | 给生活来点调味剂 玩玩新花样 |
[12:29] | – I said I’d try a few things. – Yeah. | -我是说过我会试几样 -对啊 |
[12:32] | You said you’d try. | 你说过你会试试的 |
[12:33] | And I tried, and it’s not working. | 我试了 结果没用 |
[12:40] | Is this… Is this really what it takes these days? | 事到如今… 真的要用这玩意才行了吗 |
[12:43] | Well, fuck, Jess, I… | 操 杰西 我… |
[12:46] | Sorry… | 抱歉… |
[12:48] | if I wanna try and make things more exciting. | 我只是想试试 然后搞得刺激一些 |
[12:53] | You haven’t touched me… in months. | 你几个月…都没有碰过我了 |
[12:58] | No interest whatsoever, | 无论怎样都没有性趣 |
[13:00] | until I say I’ll let you play some sex game, | 直到我答应让你玩几个性爱游戏 |
[13:02] | and it’s turning into a rape fantasy | 结果居然变成了强奸戏码 |
[13:04] | that I never knew you had. | 我都不知道你有这种幻想 |
[13:07] | Please, just unlock these. | 求你了 快把手铐松开 |
[13:11] | This isn’t gonna save us, Ger. | 这玩意挽救不了我们的 杰 |
[13:13] | It never was. | 从来没有成功过 |
[13:19] | I just… I feel ridiculous. | 我只是…我觉得很荒唐 |
[13:22] | Nice. | 很好 |
[13:23] | – Now I’m ridiculous. – No. | -现在我又变得很荒唐了 -不是 |
[13:25] | Babe, I feel ridiculous. That’s all I’m saying. | 亲爱的 我感觉很荒唐 我是这个意思 |
[13:27] | Jesus, I can’t do a fucking thing right, can I? | 老天 我他妈什么也做不好 对不对 |
[13:29] | – That’s not true. – You can’t blame me… | -不是那样的 -你不能怪我… |
[13:32] | if I don’t get excited anymore, and you won’t even try. | 假如我不性奋一点 你连试都不愿试 |
[13:37] | Okay. Just uncuff me and we can talk. | 好吧 快把我解开 然后我们可以聊聊 |
[13:42] | What if I won’t? | 假如我不呢 |
[13:45] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[13:50] | What if I won’t? | 假如我不解开呢 |
[13:54] | Wait. You have to. | 等等 你必须解开 |
[13:59] | What if I’m sweet? | 要是我温柔点呢 |
[14:05] | Go to the bathroom, get the keys off the sink. | 去洗手间 把水槽上的钥匙拿过来 |
[14:08] | I’ll just be sweet. | 我会很温柔 |
[14:10] | Gerald… | 杰罗德 |
[14:12] | – I need you to stop this. – You’ll like it. | -我要你停手 -你会喜欢的 |
[14:15] | Fuck! | 操 |
[14:19] | What the fuck is the matter with you? | 你他妈有什么毛病 |
[14:22] | With me? | 我有毛病 |
[14:32] | How did we go so wrong? | 我们怎么会变成这样 |
[14:41] | Jess, we were happy once. | 杰西 我们曾经幸福过 |
[14:43] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[14:46] | – Weren’t we? – Yes. | -不是吗 -是的 |
[14:48] | – I mean, weren’t we? – Yes. | -难道不是吗 -是的 |
[14:55] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:57] | Gerald? | 杰罗德 |
[15:00] | – Oh, my God. – Honey. | -天呐 -亲爱的 |
[15:03] | Hey, that’s not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[15:07] | Gerald? | 杰罗德 |
[15:08] | Gerald? | 杰罗德 |
[15:10] | What’s… Gerald? | 怎么了 杰罗德 |
[15:15] | What’s happ… | 怎么回事 |
[15:21] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[15:28] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[15:34] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[15:41] | I can’t… | 我无法… |
[15:42] | Gerald! Gerald! | 杰罗德 杰罗德 |
[15:44] | Hey, baby, look at me. | 宝贝 看着我 |
[15:46] | Wake up, Gerald. | 醒醒 杰罗德 |
[15:48] | Gerald? | 杰罗德 |
[15:59] | Ger? | 杰 |
[16:00] | Where… Gerald. | 你在哪 杰罗德 |
[16:03] | Gerald, say something! | 杰罗德 说话啊 |
[16:07] | Please! | 求你了 |
[16:40] | Oh, God! | 天呐 |
[16:46] | Wake up! | 醒醒 |
[16:49] | Wake up! | 快醒醒 |
[16:56] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[17:06] | Sound more real now, huh? | 现在听起来更逼真了吧 |
[17:09] | You wanna try again? | 你想再试试吗 |
[17:12] | Just get back up here. | 快回到床上来 |
[17:15] | You can do anything you want. | 你想做什么都随你 |
[17:17] | I mean it. | 真的 |
[17:19] | Anything. | 任何事 |
[17:35] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[17:38] | Help! Somebody! | 救命 有人吗 |
[17:43] | Help! Somebody! | 救命啊 来人啊 |
[17:58] | Help. | 救命 |
[18:08] | Help. | 救命 |
[18:18] | Wake up. | 醒醒 |
[18:20] | Just wake up. | 快醒醒 |
[18:22] | It’s time to wake up, honey. | 该起床了 亲爱的 |
[18:26] | It’s time to wake up. | 该醒来了 |
[18:38] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[19:00] | Help. | 救命 |
[19:10] | It’ll be dark. | 快天黑了 |
[19:15] | In an hour or so, it’ll be so dark. | 大约一小时后 就天黑了 |
[19:30] | We’re back here! He’s hurt! | 我们在这里 他受伤了 |
[19:34] | Nate, Kelly, is that you? | 内特 凯莉 是你们吗 |
[20:01] | Shit. | 该死 |
[20:05] | Hi. | 你好 |
[20:11] | How was the steak? | 牛排好吃吗 |
[20:13] | It’s $200 a portion, you know. | 一份可要两百美金 |
[20:21] | I don’t suppose you’re a rescue dog. | 我想你也不是搜救犬吧 |
[20:26] | I didn’t think so. | 我想不是 |
[20:45] | Back off from him. | 离他远点 |
[21:02] | Get away from him. | 离他远点 |
[21:06] | Back off! | 走开 |
[21:09] | Bad dog! | 坏狗狗 |
[21:12] | Bad dog! | 你不乖 |
[21:19] | Bad dog! Go away! | 坏狗狗 走开 |
[21:24] | Oh, God! | 天呐 |
[21:37] | Get the fuck away! | 你他妈滚开 |
[21:39] | Get the fuck away from him! | 你他妈离他远点 |
[21:48] | No. | 不 |
[21:53] | No. | 不 |
[21:59] | – Gerald? – What the hell? | -杰罗德 -搞毛啊 |
[22:00] | Oh, my God. Thank God. I thought… I thought you… | 天呐 谢天谢地 我还以为… |
[22:03] | My goddamn arm! | 我的手臂 |
[22:05] | – I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. – The dog, right? | -抱歉 真的很抱歉 -那条狗咬的 对吧 |
[22:08] | – You were so right. I was so wrong. – The one you fed. | -你说得很对 我错了 -你喂的那条 |
[22:12] | Uncuff me and hold me. I’m so sorry, baby! | 解开手铐 抱抱我 对不起 宝贝 |
[22:15] | The goddamn dog. | 那条该死的狗 |
[22:19] | That goddamn dog. | 该死的狗 |
[22:24] | The goddamn dog you had to feed. | 你非得喂它的那条臭狗 |
[22:27] | Smelled the blood, did what dogs do. | 闻到血腥味就露出本性 |
[22:29] | Fuck you, roadkill! I hope you choke! | 操你妈 死狗 噎死你 |
[22:33] | Should’ve let you cut up all the steak. | 早知道应该让你把牛排全切了 |
[22:34] | Maybe it would’ve filled him up. | 也许就能先喂饱它 |
[22:38] | But I guess they always smell fresher meat. | 但我猜它们能闻到更新鲜的肉 |
[22:39] | Do you remember the joke I told at Christmas last year? | 你还记得我去年圣诞说的笑话吗 |
[22:42] | You came up behind me. | 你从我身后走近 |
[22:43] | I was, like, four or five into the night already. | 我已经喝了四五分醉 |
[22:46] | I was loose but not slurring yet. | 有点微醺 但还没到口齿不清 |
[22:48] | It was Tom Reynolds I was talking to… | 我在跟汤姆·雷诺兹说话 |
[22:51] | in this low and conspiratorial, | 用低沉 心照不宣 |
[22:53] | in that very specific “guys only” fucking tone | 男人之间独有的语气 |
[22:57] | that says, “You’ll appreciate this, brother, but only you.” | 说道”你会懂这个笑话 兄弟 但只有你” |
[23:02] | You didn’t hear the beginning of the joke, just the end… | 你没听到笑话的开头 只听到了结尾 |
[23:05] | “And what is a woman anyway?” | “女人到底是什么” |
[23:10] | And I waited. | 然后我等着 |
[23:13] | That cocky little pause I take before a punch line | 在说出哏之前那得意的停顿 |
[23:16] | that really makes me proud of myself, | 让我感到很自豪 |
[23:17] | and Tom said, “What?” Like he already knew the answer, | 接着汤姆说”什么” 好像他已经知道答案似的 |
[23:20] | and I said… | 然后我说… |
[23:26] | “A life support…” | “生命维持…” |
[23:29] | Come on. “And what is a woman, anyway?” | 说吧 “女人到底是什么” |
[23:36] | – “A life support system for a cunt.” – Yeah, that was it. | -“阴道的生命维持系统” -对 就是这个 |
[23:40] | You never told me you heard it. You never raised an objection. | 你从没告诉我你听到了 从没提出异议 |
[23:44] | You smiled through the night, hated me a little bit, | 你整晚笑面迎人 内心有点恨我 |
[23:47] | but never once brought it up. | 但一次都没提起过 |
[23:49] | Because you’re not like that. | 因为你不是那样的人 |
[23:51] | – You don’t talk that way. – Yeah, was I just putting on a show? | -你不会说那种话 -我当时只是逢场作戏吗 |
[23:55] | For a client? | 演给客户看 |
[23:58] | Stooping to his level to get something I needed, | 为达目的 将自己降低到他的层次 |
[24:01] | or was that who I really was, underneath it all? | 还是说 那才是我真实的内心 |
[24:09] | Don’t ask a question you don’t wanna know the answer to, I guess. | 我想 别问你不想知道答案的问题 |
[24:13] | I guess. | 也许吧 |
[24:16] | A life support system for a stupid fucking cunt is more like it. | 低贱阴道的生命维持系统还差不多 |
[24:20] | How many hours you been chained to that bed? | 你被拷在床上几小时了 |
[24:22] | You never heard me breathe, not once. And you know the sound. | 你一次都没听到我呼吸 那声音你很熟悉 |
[24:26] | You’ve heard it every night for the last 11 years. | 过去十一年来你每晚都听到 |
[24:28] | That tiny rumbling snore I make in the back of my throat | 我喉咙持续发出的微弱鼾声 |
[24:31] | that sometimes I make when I’m lost in thought. | 我偶尔陷入沉思时也会发出这种声音 |
[24:33] | I forget myself. I zone out. | 忘我或走神时也会 |
[24:34] | That tiny little “Gerald only” fucking purr. | 杰罗德独有的呼噜声 |
[24:37] | Hours of not hearing that sound, | 几个小时没听到那声音 |
[24:40] | total fucking silence, and you knew it. | 一片死寂 你心里明白 |
[24:43] | Five minutes after my head hit the floor, | 我的头撞到地板五分钟后 |
[24:44] | you saw blood. You heard the silence, | 你看到了血 听到了寂静 |
[24:46] | and you knew it, but you just laid there, | 你知道是怎么回事 但你只是躺在那里 |
[24:47] | wasting precious minutes and hours | 浪费宝贵的时间 |
[24:50] | and breath and life, calling my fucking name, | 白费口舌和生命 唤我的名字 |
[24:52] | talking to a corpse on the floor. | 对地上的尸体说话 |
[24:53] | What’s happening? | 这是怎么回事 |
[24:55] | Well, I’m pretty sure you just lost your mind. | 我很确定你刚刚疯了 |
[24:59] | Seeing a dog eating your husband will do that. | 看到一条狗吃你丈夫是会让人发疯的 |
[25:00] | If you’re gonna have a mental breakdown, that’s a great excuse. | 如果你要精神崩溃 那是个很好的借口 |
[25:03] | Right. | 也对 |
[25:06] | The blood stopped spreading. | 血停止扩散了 |
[25:09] | A while ago. | 在不久前 |
[25:10] | And you did what you always do when it gets too much, you ran. | 你一承受不来就像往常那样 逃跑了 |
[25:15] | In here. | 在你的脑中 |
[25:17] | You just laid here, calling my name again and again, | 你就光躺在这 一遍又一遍地叫我的名字 |
[25:21] | and let critical time tick by | 让宝贵的时间一点点流逝 |
[25:24] | – like a stupid fucking… – Stop it. | -就像一个笨蛋 -别说了 |
[25:26] | You should have been thinking about life support. | 你应该提前想到生命保障的 |
[25:28] | Maybe that’s why you’re remembering that joke now. | 也许所以你现在才想到了那个笑话 |
[25:30] | Gotta be for some reason, after all. | 肯定事出有因 |
[25:33] | And why is that? | 为什么会这样 |
[25:35] | – Time. – That’s right! | -时间 -对了 |
[25:39] | You’re a life support system. You’ve been unplugged. | 你就是一个生命保障系统 被拔掉了插头 |
[25:41] | There’s still juice in there, but the charge is running down. | 里面还有电 但电量在逐渐减少 |
[25:44] | And if you don’t get out of the cuffs, | 你要是不挣脱手铐 |
[25:45] | it will go all the way to zero. | 电量就会一路降为零 |
[25:51] | When did we get here? | 我们什么时候到这儿的 |
[25:58] | One-ish, I think. | 大概一点 |
[25:59] | And how long till we got into bed? | 我们什么时候上的床 |
[26:03] | – An hour, maybe more. – Call that two o’clock, then. | -到这一小时后 或者再久点 -那就两点 |
[26:05] | And I dropped dead… | 我突然死了 |
[26:07] | Ten minutes, maybe, after. | 上床大概十分钟后 |
[26:09] | When’s the sun been setting? | 太阳什么时候落山 |
[26:11] | – 7:15 or so. – Oh, that’s pretty close. | -7点15左右 -很快就到了 |
[26:14] | That’s another 15, 20, tops. | 再过十五分钟 顶多二十分钟 |
[26:16] | So, let’s say… five hours, so far. | 那到目前为止大概五个小时吧 |
[26:21] | Five hours you’ve wasted, | 你浪费了五个小时 |
[26:23] | screaming for neighbors that are half a mile away. | 朝六百米之外的邻居呼救 |
[26:25] | If they’re even here yet. | 但他们还没过来 |
[26:27] | And, you know, if you really think about it… | 而且 如果你认真想想 |
[26:30] | Nate and Kelly said they wouldn’t… | 内特和凯莉说他们 |
[26:31] | They wouldn’t be heading up until June this year. | 他们今年六月份才会过来 |
[26:32] | The maids came to prep for us yesterday. | 女仆昨天过来帮我们准备 |
[26:34] | Because the bed is made and the house is dusted. | 床布置好了 屋子也清理干净了 |
[26:36] | Which means they’re done and gone, and the grass… | 也就是说她们干完活就走了 至于草坪 |
[26:39] | – was cut, fresh. – Which means no gardeners. | -刚修剪过 -也就是说不会有园艺工过来 |
[26:43] | Because I arranged it all to get the place ready for us today. | 因为我为我们的约会 都安排妥当了 |
[26:50] | And I wouldn’t want them interrupting my little game, | 我不想让别人打扰我们的游戏 |
[26:52] | so I probably gave them at least the weekend off. | 所以他们至少整个周末都不在 |
[26:56] | – So, who could possibly… – possibly hear you scream? | -那么 谁能… -谁能听见你呼救呢 |
[26:58] | Except Cujo over there? | 除了那条恶狗 |
[27:16] | – You tried that. – I know. | -你试过了 -我知道 |
[27:20] | You can pull till your wrists break. | 你可以一直试到手腕骨折 |
[27:21] | You’re not getting out of those cuffs. | 也没法挣脱手铐的 |
[27:34] | I told you. | 我就说 |
[27:36] | I told you. | 我就说 |
[27:54] | It’s that easy. | 就这么简单 |
[27:58] | Oh, babe, you’re really losing it now. | 宝贝 你现在真疯了 |
[28:02] | Except your hand won’t fit through the cuff | 只不过你的手穿不过去 |
[28:04] | and the bedpost is reinforced. | 床柱也是加固过的 |
[28:05] | – Nice thought, though. – Shut up. | -但想法不错 -闭嘴 |
[28:08] | Don’t listen to him. | 别听他的 |
[28:09] | He’s the reason we’re here and look how he ended up. | 我们被困在这都是因为他 看他落得什么下场 |
[28:12] | I’m just telling her how things really are. | 我只是在告诉她事实 |
[28:13] | No, you’re doing what you always did, minimizing, condescending. | 不 你一直都这样 贬低别人 居高临下 |
[28:17] | Men aren’t so much blessed with penises as cursed by them. | 老二给男人带来的麻烦远远多于幸福 |
[28:21] | And we might die here today because of Gerald’s five inches. | 我们今天可能就会因为杰罗德的十三厘米死在这 |
[28:24] | Our life has to add up to more than that. | 我们的人生比那有意义多了 |
[28:28] | – I can’t get out. – What about the stories on the news, | -我逃不出去 -新闻报道上说的那些呢 |
[28:31] | where mothers lift their cars to save their children? | 母亲为了救孩子徒手抬起车 |
[28:34] | She’s no mother. | 她不是母亲 |
[28:36] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么意思 |
[28:38] | No maternal instinct. | 没有母性本能 |
[28:41] | – Your career always came first. – That’s what you said. | -你总是在忙事业 -这是你的说法 |
[28:44] | Maybe you even started to believe it. | 可能你都开始相信了 |
[28:47] | I’m not so sure you can hide things from me now. | 你应该瞒不住我了 |
[28:50] | OK. You’re wasting precious time here. | 你在浪费宝贵的时间 |
[28:51] | I can’t get out. | 我逃不出去 |
[28:53] | – You have to. – I am chained to the goddamn bed! | -你必须逃出去 -我被拷在床上了 |
[28:56] | Don’t recite facts to me. Wake up. | 用不着你跟我重复事实 醒醒 |
[28:59] | Says the voice in your head. | 在脑海中重复吧 |
[29:01] | This is you… all over. | 这都怪你 |
[29:04] | Problem, panic, denial. | 问题 慌乱 否认 |
[29:06] | Hoping if you look away, it’ll magically vanish. | 希望无视问题 一切就会奇迹般消失 |
[29:11] | If you don’t wake up, you’re gonna die in those handcuffs. | 要是你不醒醒 你就会铐着手铐死掉 |
[29:15] | And we both know you’ve | 我们都知道 |
[29:16] | been sleepwalking since you were 12 years old. | 你从十二岁就一直梦游 |
[29:18] | – Not now. – If not now, when? | -现在不行 -那什么时候行 |
[29:20] | Not now, what? | 什么现在不行 |
[29:23] | He put you in those handcuffs way before Gerald did. | 早在杰罗德之前 他就拷住你了 |
[29:31] | Who’s “he”? | “他”是谁 |
[30:03] | If I can get to the phone… | 要是我能拿到手机 |
[30:14] | Phone’s gonna die anyway. I never charged it. | 反正手机也会没电的 我没充过电 |
[30:16] | Or did a load of laundry, for that matter. | 你也没洗过衣服 |
[30:30] | Tough luck. | 不走运 |
[30:31] | Okay, scrap that. Phone might as well be on Mars. | 好吧 换个主意 手机可能也没用 |
[30:36] | If you can’t get off the bed… | 要是你没法下床 |
[30:38] | live long enough for someone to find you on it. | 那就在床上活到被别人找到吧 |
[30:44] | Yeah. | 好 |
[31:03] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[31:06] | My head hurts. | 我头疼 |
[31:10] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[31:13] | Life support. | 生命保障 |
[31:18] | How long do you think someone lives without water? | 你觉得一个人不喝水能活多久 |
[31:22] | Three days? | 三天 |
[31:24] | At best. | 顶多三天 |
[31:29] | Yeah, seems like I’ve heard three days somewhere. | 我好像在哪听过是三天 |
[31:33] | That feels about right. | 应该是三天 |
[31:37] | And it’s been, what? Five… | 现在已经多久了 五个 |
[31:40] | six, seven hours. | 六个 七个小时了 |
[31:46] | I wanted to please you so badly. | 我太急着取悦你了 |
[31:52] | This was such a stupid fucking idea. | 真是个蠢到家的主意 |
[31:56] | Remember when I first started taking those? | 你记得我第一次服药吗 |
[31:59] | I hid it. | 我藏起来了 |
[32:01] | For what, six months? | 藏了多久 六个月 |
[32:04] | I found the prescription. | 我找到了处方 |
[32:08] | You found it and never said anything. | 你找到了 但什么都没说 |
[32:12] | But I knew you’d seen it, and I just stopped covering it up. | 但我知道你看到了 就不再掩饰了 |
[32:16] | – We never talked about it, though. – There was that one time. | -但我们从没谈过这件事 -有那么一次 |
[32:24] | That one time. | 有一次 |
[32:25] | Late one night, you tried without a pill, | 昨晚 你不吃药想来一次 |
[32:28] | and it just wasn’t working. | 结果硬不起来 |
[32:30] | – I was as soft as a kitten. – Until… | -像猫咪一样软 -直到 |
[32:32] | – Until… – Until you held my wrists above my head. | -直到 -直到你把我的手腕举过头顶 |
[32:37] | – I hadn’t done that before. – No, you had. | -我之前从来没那么做过 -不 有的 |
[32:41] | – This time, though… – I grabbed your throat. | -但这次 -我掐着你的脖子 |
[32:46] | Softly at first and then I squeezed a little, didn’t I? | 一开始轻轻掐 然后稍微用力 是吧 |
[32:51] | And, God, was I hard. | 天啊 我好硬 |
[32:54] | I was harder than you’d felt in years. | 我好多年都没有这么硬了 |
[32:57] | And you just laid there… | 你躺在那 |
[33:00] | and I went to town… | 我开始尽情享乐 |
[33:04] | and you moaned… | 你呻吟 |
[33:07] | like a dutiful wife, never objected. | 像个忠实的妻子 从不抗议 |
[33:13] | But, for the first time, | 不过 第一次 |
[33:14] | first time in all those years, you wondered… | 这么多年来第一次 你开始想 |
[33:18] | “Who exactly did I marry?” | “我到底嫁给了什么人” |
[33:22] | We never really know, do we? | 我们永远没法知道 不是吗 |
[33:26] | ‘Cause everybody’s got a little corner in there somewhere. | 因为每个人心中都有个隐秘的角落 |
[33:31] | A button… they won’t admit they want pressed. | 有个没人承认自己想按的按钮 |
[33:38] | Year after year… | 年复一年 |
[33:41] | I barely gave you a glimpse of mine. | 我都不想看你一眼 |
[33:47] | One thing for sure, though… | 但有一件事可以肯定 |
[33:50] | you’re glad he took those little blue pills. | 你很高兴他服用蓝色小药丸 |
[33:55] | You’re glad. | 你很高兴 |
[33:58] | I couldn’t figure out… | 我想不出 |
[34:00] | what was wrong with me that you needed. | 你到底需要我什么 |
[34:02] | No, you’re not listening. Take one, babe. | 不 你没认真听 吃一颗吧 宝贝 |
[34:14] | Now give it to her. | 给她 |
[34:18] | Wait, I… | 等等 我 |
[34:19] | Give it to her. | 给她 |
[34:20] | – Are you… – Give her what she needs. | -你… -给她想要的 |
[34:28] | Nice. | 很好 |
[34:29] | Thank God for those pills. | 多亏了那些药 |
[34:32] | For those little blue pills that made Gerald so thirsty. | 那些小蓝药片让杰罗德十分饥渴 |
[35:47] | You’re smirking. | 你在幸灾乐祸 |
[35:50] | What? | 笑什么 |
[35:54] | That’s what. | 笑这个 |
[35:59] | – Stupid. – No. | -真傻 -不 |
[36:04] | Don’t you dare let it go. | 千万别放手 |
[36:07] | – But I can’t. – Put it down. | -但是我喝不到 -把它放下 |
[36:09] | – Where? – Right where you caught it. | -放在哪 -放回你拿到它的地方 |
[36:12] | – Where you know you can reach it again. – Okay. | -放在你还能够到的地方 -好的 |
[36:20] | Careful. | 小心 |
[36:30] | Go away. | 走开 |
[36:34] | – Get the fuck away! – Look at me. | -快滚开 -看着我 |
[36:39] | That dog is just doing what it has to get along | 那只狗只是在竭力求生 |
[36:42] | and you have to do the same. | 你也必须要这么做 |
[36:45] | – Focus. – But I can’t! | -专心点 -但我做不到 |
[36:48] | You’re right. Give up. | 你是对的 放弃吧 |
[36:51] | Come tomorrow, you and Gerald will be together again, | 到了明天你和杰罗德就又能团聚了 |
[36:53] | inside the fucking dog. | 在这只蠢狗的肚子里 |
[36:55] | Can we please get back to work now? | 现在能开始干正事了吗 |
[36:58] | I love this slip. | 我喜欢这件睡裙 |
[37:02] | I love this slip. | 我喜欢这件睡裙 |
[37:06] | Oh, good, I bought it special. | 那很好啊 这是我特意买的 |
[37:09] | You bought it brand-new. | 这是你新买的 |
[38:42] | Leave some for later. | 留点之后喝 |
[39:30] | Why can’t I keep my eyes open? | 我为什么睁不开眼睛了 |
[39:33] | Stress makes your adrenaline and cortisol levels skyrocket, | 压力使你的肾上腺素和皮质醇水平飙升 |
[39:36] | and now you’re crashing. | 现在你在崩溃了 |
[39:37] | That’s it, just fade away. | 就这样 渐渐失去意识 |
[39:41] | Assume this’ll all be fine. | 假装一切都会没事 |
[39:44] | – I know… I know I shouldn’t. – Well, maybe you should. | -我知道我不该这样 -也许你该这样 |
[39:50] | If anyone’s gonna find you, | 如果有人能找到你的话 |
[39:51] | it’ll likely be tomorrow, not tonight. | 应该会在明天而不是今晚 |
[39:55] | – I will need my energy. – You will. | -我到时需要能量 -是的 |
[39:58] | You will, at that. | 你的确需要 |
[40:04] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[41:35] | Where’d you go, you little shit? | 你去哪了 小混蛋 |
[41:58] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[42:28] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[42:34] | I… I need help. | 我…需要帮助 |
[42:51] | You’re… | 你… |
[42:54] | not… | 不是… |
[42:56] | real. | 真的 |
[42:58] | Not real. | 不是真的 |
[43:16] | Not real. | 不是真的 |
[43:18] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[43:22] | Or maybe you’re just not safe anymore. | 也或许是你不再安全了 |
[43:28] | People are safe from ghouls and ghosts… | 在白天人们可以不被 |
[43:32] | and the living dead in the daylight. | 那些魑魅魍魉所伤害 |
[43:37] | And they’re usually safe from them at night… | 当他们跟别人在一起的时候… |
[43:40] | if they’re with others. | 晚上也是安全的 |
[43:43] | But a person alone… in the dark… | 但是当一个人…独自在黑暗中… |
[43:49] | Women alone in the dark | 夜晚中落单的女性 |
[43:52] | are like open doors, Jessie. | 就像是敞开的门 杰西 |
[43:55] | And if they scream for help, who knows what might answer? | 如果她们求救的话 谁知道什么会回应呢 |
[44:01] | Who knows what people see in the moment of their solitary death? | 谁知道人们在独自死去时看到的是什么 |
[44:08] | Is it so hard to believe | 难道很难相信 |
[44:10] | that some of them may have died of fear… | 有些人其实是死于恐惧… |
[44:14] | no matter what the words on the death certificates say? | 而不是死亡证明上写着的原因吗 |
[44:22] | Died of fear… | 死于恐惧… |
[44:25] | because they saw, at their bedside… | 是因为他们在自己的床边看到了… |
[44:30] | the Moonlight Man. | 月光男 |
[44:35] | Maybe that’s just what Death looks like. | 也许死神就长这样 |
[44:39] | Not… real. | 不是…真的 |
[44:46] | Then why did the dog leave? | 那狗为什么走了呢 |
[44:54] | Maybe he just moved… | 也许他只是躲到… |
[44:57] | under the bed. | 床底下去了 |
[45:02] | He could reach up at any time, put his hand on your hip. | 他可以随时出现 把手放在你的屁股上 |
[45:15] | And if he wants that cold, dirty hand… | 如果他想把他冰冷肮脏的手… |
[45:20] | on your soft, warm flesh, | 放在你柔软温暖的身体上 |
[45:23] | there’s not much you can do about it, Mouse. | 你也没什么办法 小老鼠 |
[45:28] | – What did you call me? – Close your eyes. | -你叫我什么 -闭上眼睛 |
[45:31] | If there’s a monster under your bed, | 如果有怪物在你床下的话 |
[45:33] | it won’t bother you if you’re asleep. | 你睡着了它就不会骚扰你了 |
[45:36] | Everybody knows that, Mouse. | 大家都知道的 小老鼠 |
[45:40] | Don’t call me that. | 别这样叫我 |
[45:44] | Dream your dreams. | 做个好梦 |
[45:48] | Dream deep. | 好好做个梦 |
[46:01] | No, help your father, please. | 不 帮帮你爸爸 好吗 |
[46:03] | You okay, Jessie? | 你没事吧 杰西 |
[46:05] | – It’s so much smaller than I remember. – ‘Cause you’re bigger. | -我记得这里要大很多啊 -因为你长大了 |
[46:08] | – Come on, Mouse. – Wait up. | -走了 小老鼠 -等等 |
[46:10] | I’m going in the water! | 我要下水啦 |
[46:11] | – No, no, no. – No, no running, please. | -不不不 -别跑 好吗 |
[46:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[46:19] | Can you please bring your lacrosse stuff inside? | 你能把你的长曲棍球装备拿进去吗 |
[46:21] | – Can you help, please? – No playing that inside. | -你能帮帮忙吗 -不能在屋子里玩 |
[46:25] | For the first time in 26 years, | 这是26年以来 |
[46:27] | a total solar eclipse will occur in the United States. | 美国境内出现的第一次日全食 |
[46:30] | The few and lucky cities along the path of the eclipse | 几个有幸在日全食发生路线上的城市 |
[46:33] | who have decided to create official viewing areas, | 决定打造专门的观景区 |
[46:35] | have set their focus to logistics, | 专注于后勤保障服务 |
[46:37] | ensuring the comfort and safety of their guests. | 确保每一位客人都能舒适又安全 |
[46:40] | For those of us who have never seen a total solar eclipse, | 对于我们这些没看过日全食的人来说 |
[46:43] | this is an opportunity to view one of the most rare… | 这是一次在地球上能看到的 |
[46:46] | – and beautiful phenomena on the planet. – Dad! | -最罕见也最美丽的现象 -爸爸 |
[46:49] | The eclipse is tracked… | 日食将在… |
[46:50] | – Oh, you did it! – We finally finished them. | -你成功了 -我们终于做完了 |
[46:52] | I made this, too. | 这个我也做了 |
[46:54] | All right. Here, go on out to the boat now. | 好的 那就去船上吧 |
[46:57] | – Yes, sir. – Be careful. | -好的 -小心点 |
[46:59] | – Okay. – Okay, Dad. | -好的 -好的 爸爸 |
[47:01] | It’s rare to see more than one from any single location. | 在同一个地方能看到一个以上是很难得的 |
[47:04] | You’d have to wait an average of 375 years | 你大约需要等375年 |
[47:06] | to see two eclipses from the same place. | 才会在同一地点看到两次日食 |
[47:09] | Since our area lies within the path of totality, | 正好我们这里处在日食发生的路径上 |
[47:12] | we can expect to experience | 我们大概会经历 |
[47:13] | two minutes and 20 seconds of totality, | 2分20秒的日食 |
[47:16] | starting today at around 4:17 p.M. | 差不多在今天下午4点17分开始 |
[47:18] | You want me to make sandwiches for the boat? | 你需要给你做带到船上的三明治吗 |
[47:21] | I don’t think I wanna go out on the boat today. | 我今天也许不会上船了 |
[47:23] | The lake scares me. | 这湖让我有点害怕 |
[47:25] | People have drowned out there, you know. | 曾经有人淹死在里面了 |
[47:28] | If she’s afraid of the water, | 如果她怕水的话 |
[47:29] | I’m not gonna force her out onto a boat. | 我不会逼她上船的 |
[47:31] | We came here as a family to do this on the lake. | 我们一家人专门来湖这里玩 |
[47:34] | It is not going to kill her | 让她花点时间跟我们一起玩 |
[47:36] | to spend some time with the rest of us. | 又不会要了她的命 |
[47:38] | She’s a complete daddy’s girl. | 她就是被父爱宠坏了 |
[47:40] | – That’s normal, isn’t it? – Please don’t. | -这很正常不是吗 -别这样 |
[47:41] | What? | 怎么了 |
[47:44] | You didn’t even wanna go skiing with us over Christmas. | 你圣诞节都不想跟我们一起滑雪 |
[47:47] | And we didn’t force you out onto the mountain, did we? | 我们也没逼你上山啊 不是吗 |
[47:50] | No, we left you at the lodge and let you relax. | 我们留你在帐篷里休息了 |
[47:52] | You wanna stay with her? | 你想跟她待在一起 |
[47:53] | Stay with her. Fine. She’s a nuisance anyway. | 那就待着吧 反正她就是个讨厌鬼 |
[47:57] | She picks fights with her brother. | 她故意跟她哥哥挑架打 |
[47:58] | She rolls her eyes at me incessantly. | 她一直翻我白眼 |
[47:59] | – She’s 12. – Yeah. Smiles and sweetness for Daddy. | -她才12岁 -是啊 对爸爸就甜美可人 |
[48:03] | That’s totally age-appropriate behavior, isn’t it? | 她这个年纪不就这样吗 |
[48:08] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[48:11] | It’s just… | 只不过… |
[48:15] | It’s fine. It’s fine! It’s fine. | 好吧 没事 没事 |
[48:17] | Okay, I’m not… | 好吧 我不是要… |
[48:25] | …than at any other point along its path. | …比其他的地方都好 |
[48:27] | This is another reminder to our listeners | 还要给听众朋友提个醒 |
[48:29] | not to look directly into the eclipse, which should begin to… | 不要用裸眼直视日食 日食将在… |
[48:42] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[48:44] | Unless you don’t wanna listen to Daddy’s old man music. | 除非你不喜欢老爸听的老歌 |
[48:46] | No, I like it. | 不 我喜欢 |
[48:52] | That’s a beautiful dress. | 裙子真漂亮 |
[48:55] | – Is that your new one? – Yeah. Mom said it was too short. | -新买的那条吗 -对 妈妈说太短了 |
[49:00] | Mom’s wrong. | 妈妈说错了 |
[49:02] | You look amazing. | 你看上去美极了 |
[49:04] | You look like a proper young woman. | 看着像是一位年轻女性了 |
[49:06] | – Here, so you don’t hurt your eyes. – Thanks. Where’s yours? | -给 别把眼睛伤到 -谢了 你的呢 |
[49:13] | Oh, you know what? I don’t know. | 知道吗 我也不知道 |
[49:17] | I think your mom might have taken it. | 可能是你妈妈拿走了 |
[49:20] | – Scoot close and we’ll share. – Okay. | -凑近点我们一起看 -好 |
[49:34] | It’s starting. | 开始了 |
[49:48] | What? | 怎么了 |
[49:50] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[49:52] | I’m just remembering something. | 我只是回想起了什么 |
[49:55] | You and me, sitting here together… | 你和我 坐在一起 |
[49:59] | When you were a little girl, you used to sit on my lap. | 你没长大那会儿 常常坐在我的腿上 |
[50:02] | You’d point up at the stars, | 然后指向星空 |
[50:03] | and you’d ask me how far away each one was. | 问我每颗星星离我们有多远 |
[50:07] | That’s embarrassing. | 真丢人 |
[50:09] | No. | 不 |
[50:11] | It’s the sweetest. | 那贴心极了 |
[50:16] | Some great evenings out here, you and me. | 我们一起度过了好几个很棒的夜晚 |
[50:20] | Me and Mouse. | 我和小老鼠 |
[50:27] | Nah, that’s stupid. | 不 太傻了 |
[50:29] | What? | 什么 |
[50:32] | I was gonna say… | 我本来想说… |
[50:37] | What? | 什么 |
[50:41] | Well, how about it? | 要不要再试试 |
[50:43] | For old time’s sake? | 重温下回忆 |
[50:47] | Nah, that’s silly. | 不 那太蠢了 |
[50:48] | That’s just a silly idea from your silly old man. | 只是你的蠢老爹想出的蠢主意 |
[50:52] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[50:53] | thinking about how happy those times were, that’s all. | 回想起当时我们多开心 仅此而已 |
[50:58] | Hell, I know you’re a grown woman now. | 我知道你现在是个成年人了 |
[51:00] | You’re too big to sit on your daddy’s lap anymore. | 不应该再坐在爸爸腿上了 |
[51:06] | I just miss my little girl sometimes. | 我只是有时想念我的宝贝女儿了 |
[51:20] | I’m not too big. | 我还没那么大 |
[51:23] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[51:25] | Yeppers. | 对啊 |
[51:33] | Mouse… | 小老鼠 |
[51:35] | – I love you. – I love you too, Daddy. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 爸爸 |
[51:56] | Awesome. It’s just amazing. | 太棒了 太壮观了 |
[52:04] | Daddy, you’re missing it. | 爸爸 你要错过了 |
[52:07] | Just… you keep watching. | 你接着看就好 |
[52:17] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[52:18] | Just keep watching. | 继续看 |
[52:24] | – Daddy… – Just keep… watching. | -爸爸… -继续看 |
[52:47] | Oh, Jesus. Jesus! | 天啊 天啊 |
[52:49] | You’ve been hanging on them all night. They need circulation. | 你的手腕整晚都在拷着 需要血液循环 |
[52:56] | It burns! | 疼死了 |
[53:05] | Cramps. They’ll… | 痉挛 会… |
[53:10] | pass. | 结束的 |
[53:12] | The cramps will pass. | 痉挛会结束的 |
[53:15] | Keep pedaling. Get the blood flowing. | 继续蹬腿 让血液循环 |
[53:32] | Oh, God… | 天啊 |
[53:36] | Oh, God, that hurts. | 天啊 好疼 |
[54:04] | Bad dreams. | 做噩梦了 |
[54:09] | You never told me… | 你从没告诉过我 |
[54:11] | about the eclipse. | 关于日食的事 |
[54:14] | I never told anyone. | 我谁都没告诉过 |
[54:17] | That’s a marriage, isn’t it? | 婚姻就该这样 不是吗 |
[54:19] | – Telling each other the difficult things? – Not that one, no. | -告诉对方难以启齿的事 -那件不能 |
[54:27] | No wonder it didn’t work. | 难怪我们之间没戏 |
[54:30] | It wasn’t relevant to us. | 那件事跟我们没关系 |
[54:33] | Really? | 是吗 |
[54:36] | You married an older man. | 你嫁给了个年长的男人 |
[54:37] | Your father was a lawyer. Gerald was a lawyer. | 你父亲是律师 杰罗德也是律师 |
[54:40] | Your father minimized you, objectified you. | 你父亲贬低你 物化你 |
[54:43] | Let’s not forget my burgeoning drinking problem. | 别忘了我日益严重的酗酒问题 |
[54:46] | Babe, if you had a drinking problem, that’s certainly cured now. | 宝贝 就算你有酒瘾 现在也肯定好了 |
[54:50] | The point is, Jessie… | 重点是 杰西 |
[54:52] | you married into the only dynamic you’ve ever known. | 你嫁给的男人是你生命中唯一的动力 |
[54:55] | You were a girl, he was a man, and… | 你还是个女孩 而他是个男人 |
[54:58] | you never walked away from that. | 你从未真正释怀 |
[55:00] | That afternoon never ended. | 那天下午的事从未了结 |
[55:01] | It’s not enough… that I’m here. | 我沦落至此还不够吗 |
[55:05] | I also have to be there? Again? | 我还得再回顾一次那件事 |
[55:08] | You tell me. | 你说呢 |
[55:09] | You’d gotten your period | 那件事一个月前 |
[55:11] | for the first time a month before, right? | 你刚来了第一次月经 对吧 |
[55:14] | Maybe that’s what got him going. | 也许那让他来了性致 |
[55:16] | He smelled the blood and did what dogs do. | 他闻到了血 然后干起了狗的勾当 |
[55:22] | Our friend in the hall is every man you’ve ever known. | 厅里的那位朋友跟男人一个德行 |
[55:26] | He had Kobe rib eye… | 它刚吃了神户肋眼牛排 |
[55:27] | – It’s actually from Kobe. – till he smelled Gerald. | -从神户运来的 -直到他闻到杰罗德 |
[55:30] | Your father had your mother till you were nice and ripe. | 你父亲有你母亲 直到你生理成熟 |
[55:33] | – It wasn’t like that. – And Gerald… | -不是那样的 -而杰罗德… |
[55:35] | The late hours, the mystery callers… | 那些加班 神秘电话 |
[55:38] | The weekend trips… What was he really doing? | 周末出游 他到底在干什么 |
[55:41] | You ignored it, but… | 你视而不见 但… |
[55:43] | you knew his hunger for you had faded, and a dog’s gotta eat. | 你知道他对你的渴望正在消退 而狗必须进食 |
[55:47] | I handled it. | 我处理了 |
[55:50] | Sure. | 当然 |
[55:52] | Just like you handled those last few minutes on Daddy’s lap. | 就像你在你父亲腿上的最后几分钟一样 |
[55:59] | He didn’t rape me. | 他没有强奸我 |
[56:02] | He didn’t even touch me. | 他连碰都没碰我 |
[56:05] | He only touched himself. | 他只是在自摸 |
[56:08] | And if you wanna blame someone… | 如果你想责怪某人 |
[56:11] | I might as well blame… | 我可能会怪 |
[56:13] | my mother or the boat. | 我妈妈或者那艘船 |
[56:17] | The sundress that was too short. | 怪背心裙太短了 |
[56:22] | What he did to me on that swing… | 他在秋千上对我做的事 |
[56:26] | wasn’t the worst thing anyone’s ever done. | 并不算特别糟糕 |
[56:30] | No, that would be what he did to you after, in the bedroom. | 不 糟糕的是之后他在卧室对你做的事 |
[56:37] | What did he do? | 他做了什么 |
[56:43] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[56:45] | He just talked to me. | 他就是跟我聊了一会 |
[56:48] | Nothing? | 什么都没发生 |
[56:51] | Nothing on the swing. | 秋千上没发生 |
[56:55] | And nothing in the room. It might as well have been a bad dream. | 卧室里也没有 不过是一场噩梦 |
[56:59] | I had a dream… | 我做了个梦 |
[57:02] | that night at the lake house. | 那晚在湖边小屋时 |
[57:06] | There was a woman… | 有个女人 |
[57:08] | standing over a deep well, looking down into the blackness. | 站在一口深井旁边 望着无尽的深渊 |
[57:14] | And I’m in the well, looking up at her. | 我在井里 抬头看着她 |
[57:16] | The sky was so dark behind her… | 她身后的天空如此黑暗 |
[57:21] | the eclipse burning overhead. | 头顶上日食正在灼烧 |
[57:25] | The smell… The smell in that well… | 那味道…井里的那股味道 |
[57:30] | It was like pennies, and then oysters. | 就像硬币 还有牡蛎 |
[57:35] | She was standing there in her red dress… | 她正穿着红裙站在那儿 |
[57:38] | looking right at me. | 直勾勾盯着我 |
[57:42] | What was in the well? | 井里有什么 |
[57:46] | Secrets. | 秘密 |
[57:51] | So many secrets. | 太多秘密了 |
[57:54] | You thought yours could go down there, too. | 你以为你的秘密也能深埋井下 |
[57:56] | Just… throw ’em in the well, down in the dark. | 把它们抛入深井 永远不见天日 |
[58:02] | Who was the woman? | 那个女人是谁 |
[58:05] | I remember thinking maybe she was supposed to be me. | 我当时以为她就是我 |
[58:08] | Because she would never tell. I knew that, looking at her. | 因为她肯定不会告诉我 我知道 |
[58:13] | She’d die before she told. | 她就是死也不会告诉我 |
[58:16] | “I could do that,” I figured. | “我能做到” 我这样以为 |
[58:22] | I don’t know why I thought of that. | 我不知道我为什么这样想 |
[58:26] | It was just a dream. | 那只是个梦 |
[58:28] | Like the man in the corner. | 如同角落的那个男人 |
[58:33] | He was definitely… A bad dream. | 他绝对…是个噩梦 |
[58:39] | I don’t know, princess. | 我说不好 公主殿下 |
[58:45] | You can tell yourself that if you need to. | 如果需要的话 你就那样安慰自己吧 |
[58:47] | He was a trick of the mind. | 他只是大脑的把戏 |
[58:49] | Just like you, Gerald. Just like both of you. | 就像你 杰罗德 就像你们俩 |
[58:52] | Then why won’t you look over there for more than a second? | 那你为什么不再仔细看一会儿 |
[58:54] | What are you afraid you’re gonna see? | 你害怕会看见什么 |
[58:57] | Why are you still listening to him? | 你为什么还听他胡说八道 |
[59:10] | – It’s probably from the dog. – It’s bigger than that. | -那可能是狗的痕迹 -这可比狗的痕迹大 |
[59:15] | Look at it again. | 再看看它 |
[59:24] | I think it’s a footprint. | 我认为是人的脚印 |
[59:26] | – And if it is… – Shut up! | -如果它是… -闭嘴 |
[59:27] | IT was Death you saw. | 那是你昨晚看到的死神 |
[59:32] | He’ll be back tonight, Jessie. | 他今晚会回来的 杰西 |
[59:35] | And when you’re dead, he’ll have your wedding ring in his case… | 当你死了 他会把你的结婚戒指收进他的盒子 |
[59:40] | with the rest of his pretty things. | 和他其余的收藏放在一起 |
[59:45] | His souvenirs. | 他的那些纪念品 |
[59:49] | – I am gonna close my eyes. – No. | -我要闭上眼睛 -不要 |
[59:51] | – And count to ten. – Stay awake. | -数到十 -保持清醒 |
[59:53] | And when I open them… | 当我睁开眼睛时 |
[59:56] | you will both be gone. | 你们都会消失 |
[1:00:01] | – Ten, nine, eight… – Do you hear me? | -十 九 八… -你听到我说话吗 |
[1:00:05] | – Stay awake. – I’m awake. | -保持清醒 -我是清醒的 |
[1:00:08] | Seven, six, five… | 七 六 五… |
[1:00:14] | four, three… | 四 三… |
[1:00:18] | two… | 二… |
[1:00:21] | one. | 一 |
[1:00:38] | You all right, Mouse? | 你还好吧 小老鼠 |
[1:00:46] | I’m so sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[1:01:22] | I’m sorry you were there when I… | 我很抱歉你在那儿的时候我… |
[1:01:27] | It’s not like I touched you, Jessie. | 我没碰你 杰西 |
[1:01:30] | But still… | 但是… |
[1:01:38] | Maybe we should tell Mom. | 或许我们该告诉妈妈 |
[1:01:41] | I think we have to, don’t you? | 我觉得我们该告诉她 你觉得呢 |
[1:01:47] | I hate to… | 我不想… |
[1:01:49] | just because things have been pretty tense | 因为你们俩最近的关系 |
[1:01:51] | between the two of you lately. | 已经很紧张了 |
[1:01:54] | Hell, they’ve been tense between us, too… | 我们俩之间的关系也挺紧张 |
[1:01:57] | with the baby and all. | 关于小宝宝的那些事 |
[1:02:00] | But this… | 但这件事 |
[1:02:04] | well, this could make things a lot worse. | 这件事会让情况变得更糟糕 |
[1:02:10] | She won’t think it’s your fault. | 她不会认为那是你的错 |
[1:02:13] | I’m sure. | 我肯定 |
[1:02:15] | Fairly sure. I mean, she might. | 相当肯定 她或许会那么认为 |
[1:02:19] | We all know… it wasn’t your fault. | 我们都知道… 那不是你的错 |
[1:02:26] | Maybe we shouldn’t tell her. | 或许我们不该告诉她 |
[1:02:32] | I have to. | 我不得不告诉她 |
[1:02:35] | We have to. | 我们不得不告诉她 |
[1:02:37] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:02:39] | Because… | 因为… |
[1:02:41] | Because you can’t keep it a secret. | 因为你不能把这件事当秘密藏着 |
[1:02:43] | Because you can’t keep it a secret. | 因为你不能把这件事当秘密藏着 |
[1:02:50] | I mean, if it’s ever going to come out, | 如果这件事迟早被发现 |
[1:02:54] | then it’s better for both of us that it happen now. | 现在就坦白对我们俩更好 |
[1:02:58] | Not in a week or a year or… even ten years from now. | 而不是在一周或者一年甚至十年之后 |
[1:03:09] | Please… | 求你了… |
[1:03:11] | I won’t tell. | 我不会说出去的 |
[1:03:15] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[1:03:19] | if we don’t tell your mom today… | 如果我们今天不告诉妈妈… |
[1:03:23] | then we could never tell anyone. | 我们以后也不要告诉任何人 |
[1:03:25] | I wouldn’t. Never. | 我不会的 绝对不会 |
[1:03:27] | Not ever. | 永远都不会 |
[1:03:28] | – Ever. – And not just your mother. | -永远 -不只是你的妈妈 |
[1:03:31] | Not anyone. | 不告诉任何人 |
[1:03:35] | That’s a big responsibility for a little girl. | 这对一个小女孩来说是个很大的责任 |
[1:03:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:03:41] | A young woman. | 应该是一位年轻女士 |
[1:03:44] | But you might be tempted. | 但你可能被引诱着说漏嘴 |
[1:03:47] | With friends… | 和朋友们在一起的时候… |
[1:03:49] | One of them tells you a secret, maybe you might wanna tell them. | 其中一个告诉你个秘密 或许你就想告诉他们 |
[1:03:55] | – Never. – Or your brother. | -绝对不会 -或者你的兄弟 |
[1:03:58] | Or your sister. | 你的姐妹 |
[1:04:01] | There might come a time when you wanna tell… | 或许就在某个时候你想说出… |
[1:04:03] | No. | 不会的 |
[1:04:05] | No. I promise. I swear. | 不会的 我保证 我发誓 |
[1:04:09] | I don’t know, Jess. | 我说不好 杰西 |
[1:04:14] | I think it might be better for both of us | 我认为 或许现在就把这件事坦白 |
[1:04:16] | if this were all out in the open now. | 对我们俩都好 |
[1:04:20] | Take our medicine. | 我们俩一起承担 |
[1:04:23] | I mean, she can’t kill us. | 她又不能杀了我们 |
[1:04:26] | Please… | 求你了… |
[1:04:28] | Please, please, please. Please just don’t tell her. | 求你了 求你了 求你不要告诉她 |
[1:04:35] | I won’t tell anybody… ever. | 我不会告诉任何人的 永远不会 |
[1:04:40] | Ever. Please. | 永远 求你了 |
[1:04:45] | You know, I’ve never been able to refuse you anything | 我从来都没法拒绝 |
[1:04:48] | that you really wanted, have I? | 你渴求的东西 是吧 |
[1:04:53] | Okay, Jess. | 好了 杰西 |
[1:04:56] | We’ll try things your way. | 按你的方式来解决 |
[1:04:58] | Thank you, Daddy. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[1:05:03] | So I guess we have a deal. | 那我们说好了 |
[1:05:06] | I say nothing. | 我什么都不说 |
[1:05:09] | You say nothing, not to anyone else, | 你什么都不说 对任何人都不说 |
[1:05:12] | not even to each other. | 甚至我们之间 |
[1:05:15] | We walk out of this room… | 我们走出这个房间… |
[1:05:18] | and it never happened. | 就当它从来都没发生过 |
[1:05:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:05:27] | I did a shameful thing. | 我做了一件可耻的事 |
[1:05:30] | You looked away… when you said that. | 当你说这个时候 你目光移开了 |
[1:05:36] | You were able to face me with the lies. | 你能够说着谎面对我 |
[1:05:43] | But it was the truth that finally made you turn away. | 但是真相却让你逃避 |
[1:05:46] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我不知道自己是怎么了 |
[1:05:50] | Maybe it was the eclipse. | 或许是日食的原因 |
[1:05:56] | Well, thank God we’ll never see another one. | 谢天谢地我们不会再遇见另一场日食了 |
[1:06:03] | Nothing happened. | 什么都没发生 |
[1:06:06] | Nothing ever happened. | 什么都没有发生 |
[1:06:13] | Come on, let’s get grilling. They should be back in a bit. | 好了 我们准备烧烤吧 他们马上就回了 |
[1:07:21] | He’ll try that again. | 它还会再尝试的 |
[1:07:25] | It’s fresher meat. | 你的肉更新鲜 |
[1:07:28] | You’re still strong enough to kick, | 你现在还有力气踢开它 |
[1:07:29] | but you won’t be for long, | 但要不了多久你就没力气了 |
[1:07:30] | and he can smell that. | 它能闻得出来 |
[1:07:37] | Afternoon already. | 已经到下午了 |
[1:07:41] | Sun’s starting down. | 太阳开始落下了 |
[1:07:44] | And no one came this morning. | 今早没有人来 |
[1:07:48] | Or if they did, you were asleep. | 或许有人来过 但你当时睡着了 |
[1:07:54] | Eventually, someone will find you, Jess, | 最终会有人发现你的 杰西 |
[1:07:57] | but it might take a long time. | 但估计要等好久 |
[1:08:00] | The first assumption will be | 最初的假设会是 |
[1:08:01] | we’re off on some wild romantic fling. | 我们在浪漫而狂野的性游戏中玩过了火 |
[1:08:04] | I mean, why not? | 合情合理吧 |
[1:08:07] | Only you and I know, at the end, | 最终只有你我知道 |
[1:08:08] | I could only get it up if you were handcuffed to the bed. | 只有你被铐在床上我才能硬起来 |
[1:08:13] | To the rest of the world, we’re the picture of marital function. | 对其他人来说 我们是婚姻关系的典范 |
[1:08:18] | Sooner or later, people will start looking, my people. | 要不了多久就有人开始寻找 我的亲友 |
[1:08:22] | I mean there are a couple of women in New Orleans | 在新奥尔良 你自认为有几个 |
[1:08:24] | you call friends, but… | 女性朋友 但是… |
[1:08:27] | You’ve never really let them inside your life, have you? | 你从没让她们真正走进你的生活 是吧 |
[1:08:32] | So none of them are gonna worry much | 她们中没有人会太担心 |
[1:08:34] | if you drop out of sight for a week or… | 即便你消失一周或者… |
[1:08:37] | ten days. | 十天 |
[1:08:42] | But I have appointments. | 但是我有会面 |
[1:08:45] | And when I don’t show up by Friday, there’ll be questions. | 要是我到周五还不露面 就会有人过问 |
[1:08:52] | That’s how it’ll start. | 事情就这样开始了 |
[1:08:57] | I think the caretaker | 我认为那个看门的人 |
[1:09:00] | will actually discover the bodies. | 最终会发现我们的尸体 |
[1:09:03] | He’ll call the cops when he spots you through the window or… | 当他透过窗户看见你 或者闻到尸体的味道 |
[1:09:08] | when he smells us. | 他会叫警察 |
[1:09:12] | He’ll turn his face away | 他在把毯子从壁橱里拿出来盖在你身上时 |
[1:09:13] | while he throws the blanket from the closet over you | 会把他的头转过去 |
[1:09:16] | because he won’t wanna see | 因为他不想看见 |
[1:09:17] | your fingers sticking through the handcuffs. | 你那被手铐牢牢铐住的手指 |
[1:09:20] | Stiff as pencils, white as candles. | 僵硬如铅笔 惨白如蜡烛 |
[1:09:26] | But, most of all… | 但最主要是因为… |
[1:09:28] | he won’t wanna look at the expression of horror on your face. | 他会无法直视你脸上的恐惧 |
[1:09:32] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这样 |
[1:09:34] | The forensics unit will show up with the county coroner. | 法医会和郡验尸官一起过来 |
[1:09:39] | When they pull off the blanket, they will… | 他们掀开毯子之后 就会… |
[1:09:43] | wince and nod and tell each other | 皱紧眉头 点点头告诉对方 |
[1:09:46] | the woman on the bed died hard. | 床上的女人死状凄惨 |
[1:09:49] | But they won’t know the half of it. | 但他们完全无法体会 |
[1:09:53] | They won’t know… | 他们不会知道 |
[1:09:56] | the real reason your eyes are staring… | 你瞪大了双眼 |
[1:10:00] | and your mouth is screaming… | 高声尖叫的真正原因 |
[1:10:05] | is because of what you saw at the end… | 是你临死前看到的东西 |
[1:10:09] | coming out of the dark. | 黑暗中显现的东西 |
[1:10:13] | They’ll take you to the medical examiner. | 他们会把你送到验尸官那里 |
[1:10:15] | He’ll cut you open, inventory your guts. | 他会把你剖开 清点你的内脏 |
[1:10:18] | He’ll have a peek at what’s left of your last meal, | 他会看一眼你最后一餐的残留 |
[1:10:21] | take a little section of brain to look at under his microscope. | 取一块大脑组织放到显微镜下检验 |
[1:10:24] | But in the end… | 但最终… |
[1:10:31] | in the end, he’ll just call it “Death by misadventure.” | 最终他将判定你为”意外死亡” |
[1:10:37] | – They were playing a harmless game. – Harmless. | -他们只是在玩一个无害的小游戏 -无害 |
[1:10:41] | Only the gentleman had a heart attack at a critical moment… | 只不过男士在关键时刻突发心脏病 |
[1:10:46] | and the woman was left to… | 留下女士一个人… |
[1:10:51] | Well, it’s best not to get into it. | 还是不要说了比较好 |
[1:10:55] | Just to say the lady died hard. | 就说女士死得很痛苦 |
[1:10:59] | You only need to look at her to see that. | 你看她的死相就知道了 |
[1:11:06] | And maybe someone will notice your wedding ring is gone… | 或许有人会注意到你的结婚戒指不见了 |
[1:11:12] | but they won’t hunt for it for long, if at all. | 但他们就算会找也不会找很久 |
[1:11:18] | They won’t notice that one of your bones… | 他们不会注意到你有一块骨头 |
[1:11:24] | not an important one, | 一块不起眼的骨头 |
[1:11:25] | the third phalange in your right foot, let’s say… | 比如你右脚的第三节趾骨… |
[1:11:29] | is also gone. | 也不见了 |
[1:11:35] | But we’ll know, won’t we, Jess? | 但我们知道 不是吗 杰西 |
[1:11:40] | We’ll know he took them. | 我们知道是他拿走了 |
[1:11:45] | Because it was Death. | 因为他是死神 |
[1:11:49] | And you did see him… | 而你也确实看见他了 |
[1:11:52] | as people who die in the lonely places do. | 死在荒郊野岭的人都会看见 |
[1:11:58] | It was Death. | 是死神 |
[1:12:02] | And tonight, when the sun goes down, he’ll be back for you. | 而今晚 太阳落山之后 他会回来找你的 |
[1:12:07] | *Hush, little baby, don’t say a word* | *安静 小宝贝 不要说话* |
[1:12:12] | *Mama’s gonna buy you…* | *妈妈会给你买一只…* |
[1:12:17] | – I’m gonna die. – Everything dies. | -我要死了 -所有事物都会死 |
[1:12:21] | All things serve the beam. | 万物归一 |
[1:12:23] | *And if that mockingbird don’t sing* | *如果知更鸟停止歌唱* |
[1:12:29] | – I’m gonna die. – Yes, love. | -我要死了 -是的 亲爱的 |
[1:12:33] | *Papa’s gonna buy you a diamond ring* | *爸爸就去给你买一枚钻石戒指* |
[1:12:35] | He’ll come quicker that way. | 你这样它会来得更快 |
[1:12:37] | *If that diamond ring turns brass* | *如果钻戒变成了黄铜* |
[1:12:39] | That way, you wouldn’t have to wait for the Moonlight Man. | 这样你就不用等月光男来了 |
[1:12:46] | – I’m going to… – sleep. | -我要… -睡觉了 |
[1:12:50] | You’re going to sleep. | 你要睡觉了 |
[1:12:53] | *Papa’s gonna buy you a looking glass* | *爸爸就去给你买一面镜子* |
[1:14:02] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:14:05] | I don’t want you to be sorry. | 我不想要你感到抱歉 |
[1:14:08] | Then what do you want? | 那你想要什么 |
[1:14:10] | I want you to remember. | 我想要你记住 |
[1:14:14] | You think I don’t remember? | 你以为我不记得吗 |
[1:14:16] | I remember every moment. | 每分每秒我都记得 |
[1:14:19] | I remember every shame-filled glance he threw my way, | 我记得他朝我投来的羞愧的目光 |
[1:14:22] | and I remember Mom… | 我记得妈妈… |
[1:14:24] | – looking but not seeing… – That’s not what I’m talking about. | -视若无睹… -我说的不是这个 |
[1:14:27] | Because seeing? | 因为如果她看进去了 |
[1:14:28] | It would have meant my little sister was also doomed | 那就意味着我的小妹妹也注定 |
[1:14:31] | to let that son of a bitch steal her childhood, | 会被那个混蛋毁掉童年 |
[1:14:34] | and Mom would have died before facing that. | 而妈妈宁死也不会去面对 |
[1:14:36] | So it was up to me to protect Maddie. | 所以保护麦迪就成了我的责任 |
[1:14:40] | Even though it meant that i never felt like part of the family again. | 就算这意味着我再也不算家里的一部分了 |
[1:14:45] | And that wasn’t my job description. | 那不该是我的职责 |
[1:14:48] | Was it? My job was to be a kid. | 不是吗 我只是个孩子 |
[1:14:52] | Suddenly, that wasn’t an option. | 突然间 我就不能那样了 |
[1:14:53] | You’ve had everything you need to survive from the beginning. | 你从一开始就拥有求生的必需品 |
[1:14:57] | You just have to remember. | 你只是需要记起来 |
[1:15:00] | Not the sun, not the eclipse. | 不是太阳 也不是日食 |
[1:15:05] | After. | 而是之后 |
[1:15:08] | We had fun on the boat. Do you guys think we should get a boat? | 游船很好玩 你们觉得我们要去买一艘吗 |
[1:15:10] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -要 -要 |
[1:15:11] | I do hope it was as pretty here as it was on the boat. | 希望这儿的景象和船上的一样美 |
[1:15:13] | – It was awesome. – It was fun. | -船上很棒 -很有趣 |
[1:15:17] | “It was fun.” | “很有趣” |
[1:15:19] | It was beautiful here, too. Right, Mouse? | 这儿也很美 不是吗 小老鼠 |
[1:15:22] | We had fun. | 我们玩得很开心 |
[1:15:22] | Did you have a nice time with your dad, Jess? | 你和你爸玩得开心吗 杰西 |
[1:15:29] | Jesus! Jess, are you okay? | 天哪 杰西 你没事吧 |
[1:15:32] | I’m… I’m… | 我… 我… |
[1:15:35] | I’m sorry. It was an accident. | 我很抱歉 是个意外 |
[1:15:38] | Just come on, let’s get this cleaned up. | 过来 我帮你清理干净 |
[1:15:56] | Oh, it’s not so bad. | 伤得不算特别重 |
[1:15:59] | I think you’ll live. | 死不了的 |
[1:16:02] | – Does it hurt? – It’s okay. | -痛吗 -没事 |
[1:16:06] | Just… | 只是… |
[1:16:08] | Just be careful. | 小心点 |
[1:16:11] | The last thing I want… | 我最不希望的 |
[1:16:14] | is to have to take you to the emergency room | 就是不得不送你去急诊 |
[1:16:16] | and have your fingers sewn back on. | 把你的手指缝上 |
[1:16:33] | It’s gonna fucking hurt. | 会疼死的 |
[1:16:36] | – But the thing about blood… – But the thing about blood… | -但血的好处就在于 -但血的好处就在于 |
[1:16:38] | is that, until it clots, it’s as slick as oil. | 它在凝结之前都和油一样润滑 |
[1:16:41] | That will not work. | 那不会成功的 |
[1:16:45] | Maybe not. | 或许不会 |
[1:16:47] | But the wrists have fewer | 但手腕上的神经 |
[1:16:49] | nerves than the body’s other checkpoints. | 比身体任何其他关节都要少 |
[1:16:51] | That’s why slitting wrists is always the best way to… | 所以割腕永远是最佳的… |
[1:16:54] | How do you know so much about that? | 你怎么知道这么多 |
[1:16:57] | Go too deep, you’ll bleed to death. | 割得太深了你就会失血过多而死 |
[1:17:00] | Do nothing, | 什么都不做 |
[1:17:01] | I’ll die of seizures, dehydration or dog. | 我也会因发病 脱水 或者狗咬而死 |
[1:17:05] | Or when my visitor with the bag of bones shows up tonight. | 或者今晚被那个带着一袋骨头的家伙弄死 |
[1:17:08] | The sun is starting down. He’ll be here soon. | 太阳已经开始落山了 他快要来了 |
[1:17:11] | Then I’ll have to hurry. | 那我就更得快点了 |
[1:17:19] | Barely working, aren’t they? | 不听你使唤了 是不是 |
[1:17:22] | – I won’t need much. – Your legs won’t be reliable. | -我不需要多少力气 -你的腿也靠不住 |
[1:17:25] | It’s been a day and a half since you walked on them. | 你已经一天半没用它们走过路了 |
[1:17:28] | If my hands pull this off, my legs better do their fucking part. | 要是我的手能做到 那我的腿最好也能走 |
[1:17:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:17:40] | Visualize it, then. All of it. | 脑中过一遍 全部过程 |
[1:17:43] | Yeah, okay. | 好 |
[1:17:52] | Okay, okay. | 好的 好的 |
[1:18:05] | Once you start, you’re not gonna be able to stop. | 一旦开始 就不可能停止了 |
[1:18:08] | Everything has to go very fast | 一切必须迅速完成 |
[1:18:09] | because your system is already dehydrated. | 因为你的身体已经脱水了 |
[1:18:12] | And, Jessie… | 还有 杰西 |
[1:18:13] | You know, if anything goes wrong… | 要是出了什么差错… |
[1:18:16] | It won’t matter. | 不重要了 |
[1:18:19] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:18:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:18:50] | You stay right there, dog. | 老实别动 蠢狗 |
[1:19:04] | One, two… | 一 二 |
[1:19:08] | Okay, okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[1:19:13] | Three! | 三 |
[1:19:31] | Okay, okay, okay, okay. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[1:19:54] | Oh, God! | 天哪 |
[1:21:08] | Come on. Come on. | 加油 加油 |
[1:21:29] | Shit! | 该死 |
[1:21:52] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:21:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:23:32] | Get off me! | 滚开 |
[1:24:57] | You’re only made of moonlight. | 你只是月光虚构的 |
[1:25:03] | You’re only made of… | 你只是月光… |
[1:25:07] | moonlight. | 虚构的 |
[1:26:29] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[1:26:30] | Please, just a little bit longer. | 别这样 再坚持一会儿 |
[1:26:33] | Please just… A little… | 拜托了 再开远一点 |
[1:27:09] | Oh, no. | 不要 |
[1:27:15] | Mouse. | 小老鼠 |
[1:29:00] | I’m writing this letter with my right hand, | 我在用右手写这封信 |
[1:29:03] | nestled snug in its frictionless burn glove. | 手掌严密地蜷缩在光滑的烧伤手套里 |
[1:29:06] | Three skin grafts later, it still doesn’t work quite right, | 三次植皮后 仍旧没有完全恢复 |
[1:29:09] | and it still hurts to write. | 写字仍然很痛 |
[1:29:12] | But that’s good. | 但没关系 |
[1:29:15] | This letter should hurt to write. | 写这封信本就该感到疼痛 |
[1:29:20] | The doctors, the cops and even the reporters | 医生 警察 甚至记者们 |
[1:29:23] | accepted my amnesia at face value. | 都对我的失忆信以为真 |
[1:29:26] | And why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[1:29:27] | People who undergo serious trauma often block out memories. | 经历了严重创伤的人通常都会封闭部分记忆 |
[1:29:31] | The cops knew that even better than the lawyers. | 警察们甚至比律师更清楚 |
[1:29:34] | And I knew it better than any of them. | 而我比他们都清楚 |
[1:29:38] | Gerald’s firm kept the details out of the papers. | 杰罗德的律所没有公布具体细节 |
[1:29:41] | That was kind. | 多谢他们 |
[1:29:43] | The coroners confirmed it was a heart attack | 验尸官确证了死因是心脏病突发 |
[1:29:45] | and a long time coming. | 并且得病有一阵了 |
[1:29:47] | The insurance paid, the headlines faded, and life went on. | 保险赔款了 报道渐渐平息 生活得以继续 |
[1:29:53] | The new normal. | 新的正常生活 |
[1:29:57] | Well, not normal. | 也不算正常 |
[1:30:00] | Never normal. | 永远不会正常 |
[1:30:02] | Every night, just before I closed my eyes… | 每一晚 在我合眼之前… |
[1:30:35] | If it wasn’t him, if it wasn’t his face keeping me from sleep… | 若不是他 若不是他的脸让我无法入睡 |
[1:30:40] | it was the question. | 便是疑问 |
[1:30:42] | That in all the reports, | 在所有的报告中 |
[1:30:44] | all the cops that combed through that house, | 所有警察把那幢房子翻了底朝天 |
[1:30:46] | they never found my wedding ring. | 但他们从未找到我的结婚戒指 |
[1:30:52] | What got me through those nights was you. | 是你助我度过那些漫漫长夜 |
[1:30:55] | Thinking of you. | 想到你 |
[1:30:57] | And why you came to me that day. | 以及你那天为何来到我身边 |
[1:31:01] | You, in your sunless world, always on that swing. | 你 在你阴暗的世界里 总是坐在秋千上 |
[1:31:06] | What you needed me to understand… | 你需要我明白的是… |
[1:31:12] | that his shackles were silence, | 他的手铐代表沉默 |
[1:31:16] | and his were comfort. | 而他的却是舒适 |
[1:31:24] | My days were better. | 我的日子好过了些 |
[1:31:26] | I took the insurance money, | 我拿了保险赔偿金 |
[1:31:27] | and I started a foundation for girls and boys like us. | 为有相似经历的年轻人成立了基金会 |
[1:31:32] | I spent so long never telling that story, | 这么久以来 我一直把那件事埋藏心底 |
[1:31:35] | so… I made sure that I did. | 现在 我要讲出来 |
[1:31:38] | I tell that story every day to every kid it could possibly help. | 我每天向每个能帮助到的孩子讲述那件事 |
[1:31:43] | When I was 12, | 在我12岁那年 |
[1:31:45] | I went to the lake house with my family. | 我们全家去了湖边小屋 |
[1:31:49] | And while that helped my days, I still sat up at night… | 在那帮到我的同时 我仍然在夜晚端坐 |
[1:31:54] | waiting for that pale face in the moonlight… | 等待那个月光中的苍白面庞 |
[1:31:59] | to claim his runaway bride. | 来索取他的落跑新娘 |
[1:32:05] | Six months after the handcuffs, six months of being a widow… | 挣脱手铐的六个月后 身为寡妇的六个月 |
[1:32:11] | six months of living death. | 生不如死的六个月 |
[1:32:13] | And then Raymond Andrew Joubert’s picture | 接着雷蒙德·安德鲁·朱伯特的照片 |
[1:32:18] | first appeared in the paper. | 第一次出现在了报纸上 |
[1:32:24] | Two years ago, reports of graveyard vandalism | 两年前 关于阿拉巴马州蛮荒林区内 |
[1:32:26] | in the backwoods of Alabama hit the papers, | 故意破坏坟墓的报道初见报端 |
[1:32:29] | but I never read about them, not in New Orleans. | 但我从未读过 从未在新奥尔良读过 |
[1:32:33] | And they were tiny stories, buried. | 之中隐藏着些小报道 |
[1:32:36] | Someone was breaking into crypts and mausoleums of small town | 有人借助钻孔机 断线钳以及钢锯等 |
[1:32:39] | cemeteries with drills, bolt cutters and hacksaws… | 闯入小镇墓园的墓穴和陵墓中 |
[1:32:44] | and stripping corpses of jewelry. | 并剥掉尸体身上的珠宝 |
[1:32:46] | As the months went by, it escalated. | 数月过去 此事愈演愈烈 |
[1:32:49] | Incidents started being reported in Louisiana. | 甚至路易斯安那也有类似事件报道 |
[1:32:50] | 本地陵墓被闯 尸身珠宝丢失 | |
[1:32:51] | He gouged out eyes, cut corpses’ throats. | 他剜出眼珠 割断尸体喉咙 |
[1:32:56] | Last February, two were found without noses. | 去年二月 两具尸体鼻子被割 |
[1:32:57] | 东卡姆登墓地中尸体惨遭破坏 警察怀疑此系邪教所为 | |
[1:32:59] | Later hands. Then… ears. | 之后是双手 接着是耳朵 |
[1:33:04] | Something I’d always assumed was the dog. | 有时我总是想象那都是野狗所为 |
[1:33:07] | And when it came to removing genitalia after having sex with the dead… | 但说到奸尸后移走性器… |
[1:33:12] | he stuck strictly to the gentlemen. | 他专挑男性尸体作案 |
[1:33:15] | This was, clearly, extremely lucky for me. | 显然 这对我来说非常幸运 |
[1:33:19] | I only noticed when he finally made the front page. | 当他终于登上头版头条时我才注意到 |
[1:33:22] | He’d graduated, it seemed, from the dead. | 后来 他似乎不再满足于尸体 |
[1:33:22] | 墓穴匐尸再次出击 玉兰县停尸房被袭 | |
[1:33:25] | And, one night, | 有一晚 |
[1:33:25] | a man woke up to find Raymond Joubert in his room, | 有个男人醒来发现雷蒙德·朱伯特在自己房内 |
[1:33:29] | naked, trying to cut off his ear. | 赤裸着 试图割掉自己的耳朵 |
[1:33:32] | Joubert suffers from acromegaly, | 朱伯特患有肢端肥大症 |
[1:33:35] | a progressive enlargement of the hands, feet and face | 当脑下垂体过度分泌生长激素时 |
[1:33:38] | that happens when the pituitary gland goes into warp drive. | 会造成双手 双脚以及面部的持续肿大 |
[1:33:41] | It causes the forehead to bulge | 造成前额凸出 |
[1:33:43] | and abnormally long arms that dangle almost to his knees. | 以及膝盖过膝等病状 |
[1:33:48] | They went to his only known address, | 他们突击了他唯一的已知居所 |
[1:33:50] | a farmhouse on Kingston Road. | 位于金斯顿路的一处农舍 |
[1:33:53] | They didn’t find him there, | 他们没有在那里找到他 |
[1:33:54] | but they did find his sister and her husband, | 但找到了他的姐姐和姐夫 |
[1:33:57] | who he called his “mommy and daddy.” | 他称他们为他的”妈妈和爸爸” |
[1:34:00] | He’d scalped them both and eaten most of “daddy.” | 他剥下了二人的头皮 并吃下了大部分”爸爸” |
[1:34:05] | They found 50 bell jars containing ears, lips, fingers. | 他们找到了五十个装着耳朵 嘴唇和手指的容器 |
[1:34:10] | They think he may have killed | 警方认为过去五年内 |
[1:34:11] | as many as a dozen people in the last five years. | 他可能杀害了十几个人 |
[1:34:14] | But, for some reason, he spared me. | 但不知为何 他放过了我 |
[1:34:17] | This monster was real, real as they come. | 这个怪物是真实的 半点不假 |
[1:34:22] | As real as the cuffs, as the dog. | 和手铐以及野狗一样真实 |
[1:34:26] | As real as the eclipse. | 和日蚀一样真实 |
[1:34:30] | And so I had to write this to you, Mouse… | 因此我必须写这封信给你 小老鼠 |
[1:34:33] | because you’re the only person who’d understand… | 因为你是唯一一个会理解的 |
[1:34:36] | and you’re the only one who truly matters. | 因为除了你 其他人都无关紧要 |
[1:34:42] | “He’s being arraigned tomorrow, and I’m going to see him.” | “他将于明天被提审 我要去见他” |
[1:34:46] | Because the people who were | 因为那些本该保护你 |
[1:34:47] | supposed to protect you from the monsters… | 免受怪物侵害的人 |
[1:34:50] | turned out to be monsters themselves… | 正是怪物本身 |
[1:34:53] | ” And it almost killed you.” | “而那几乎害死了你” |
[1:34:56] | We need the sun to come back out. | 我们需要重见天日 |
[1:34:59] | After so long… | 这么久之后 |
[1:35:01] | I think we deserve the sun. | 这是我们应得的 |
[1:35:07] | This morning, it was announced that cameras would not be allowed | 今早刚刚宣布 法庭内部的提审 |
[1:35:10] | inside the courtroom for the arraignment, | 将不允许摄像机进行拍摄 |
[1:35:12] | an unusual decision in a case that’s already full of surprises. | 这也是此桩奇案中又一个不寻常的决定 |
[1:35:17] | But nothing more unusual than the way… | 但最为不寻常的还是… |
[1:35:19] | Sources within the Alabama State Police Department tell us | 阿拉巴马州警局内部消息称 |
[1:35:22] | Raymond Andrew Joubert | 雷蒙德·安德鲁·朱伯特 |
[1:35:24] | hasn’t spoken a single word since his arrest, | 自被捕之后一言未发 |
[1:35:26] | not even to his public defender. | 甚至对他的公设辩护人也是如此 |
[1:35:29] | Sixteen counts trespassing and vandalism. | 十六项非法入侵以及蓄意破坏罪 |
[1:35:33] | Eighteen counts desecration. | 十八项亵渎罪 |
[1:35:36] | Eight counts first-degree murder. | 八项一级谋杀罪 |
[1:35:39] | Twenty-one counts mutilation. | 二十一项毁坏尸体罪 |
[1:35:41] | Twenty-eight counts desecrating human remains. | 二十八项侮辱尸体罪 |
[1:35:45] | Sixteen counts breaking and entering. | 十六项擅闯民宅罪 |
[1:35:48] | Four counts, assault and battery. | 四项人身攻击罪 |
[1:35:53] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[1:35:58] | You’re not real! | 你不是真的 |
[1:36:05] | You’re not real! | 你不是真的 |
[1:36:06] | Officer! | 警官 |
[1:36:08] | You’re only made of moonlight! | 你不过是月光虚构的 |
[1:36:40] | You’re so much smaller than I remember. | 你比我印象中的渺小多了 |