英文名称:Game Change
年代:2012
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | For you, picking Sarah Palin was about winning an election, | 对你而言 选择萨拉·佩林是考虑赢得选举 |
[00:23] | not necessarily about who’s gonna be best as vice president. | 而不是考虑副总统的最佳人选 |
[00:27] | My job is to give political advice. | 我的职责是提出政治建议 |
[00:29] | 斯蒂夫·施密特 高级竞选顾问 | |
[00:31] | We needed to do something bold to try to win the race. | 为了赢得选举 需要兵行险招 |
[00:35] | If you had it to do over again, | 如果能重新来过 |
[00:36] | would you have her on the ticket? | 你还会挑选她作为竞选搭档吗 |
[00:54] | – Hello. – They fuckin’ hate me, Steve. | -你好 -他们恨我 斯蒂夫 |
[00:57] | Who’s that, sir? | 谁恨你 |
[00:59] | Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter. | 林博 汉尼提 科尔特 |
[01:01] | They’re dancing on my grave like it’s fucking Mardi Gras. | 他们都在拿我开涮 跟狂欢似的 |
[01:04] | That may be true, but there’s an upside to being in last place. | 有可能 但倒数也有好处 |
[01:08] | You can say what you truly feel. | 你能畅所欲言 |
[01:10] | – You think I’ve been holding back – I do, Senator. | -你觉得我畏畏缩缩吗 -是的 参议员 |
[01:14] | The surge is working, | 增兵计划[指对伊拉克]确实有效 |
[01:16] | but no one else is brave enough to say it. | 但其他人都不敢这么说 |
[01:18] | Romney, Giuliani, Huckabee– | 罗姆尼 朱利安尼 赫卡比 |
[01:20] | all your opponents are hedging. | 你所有的对手都避而不谈 |
[01:22] | Even you hesitated at the last debate. | 甚至你在上次辩论中都有所犹豫 |
[01:26] | A great man once told me, | 有个伟大的人曾经告诉我说 |
[01:27] | “I would rather lose the election than see the country lose this war.” | “宁愿输掉竞选 也不愿国家战败” |
[01:31] | And I meant it, Steve. | 我不是在说空话 斯蒂夫 |
[01:33] | Then say it, sir. | 那就说出来吧 先生 |
[01:34] | John McCain doesn’t say what’s popular, he says what’s right. | 约翰·麦凯恩不说中听的话 只说真话 |
[01:38] | My advice would be to get some old pow buddies together | 我建议你 找些曾经的战俘同胞 |
[01:42] | and travel the country in a small caravan. | 开大篷车全国巡讲 |
[01:45] | Stay in shitty hotels, do American legion halls, | 住劣等旅馆 去退伍军协做演讲 |
[01:49] | V.F.W. Posts, | 去海外退伍军人站演讲 |
[01:50] | have a few beers and enjoy yourself. | 陪老兵喝喝酒 顺便享受生活 |
[01:54] | You’re right, God damn it. | 还真他妈该这样 |
[02:00] | I don’t know what the hell’s wrong with me. | 我不知道我到底怎么了 |
[02:04] | You get so caught up in winning, you start to lose yourself. | 太沉迷于赢得提名 而迷失了自己 |
[02:07] | It’s gonna be easy | 其实不难 |
[02:09] | because there’s only one message you need to get across. | 你只要传达一个信息就好了 |
[02:11] | Yeah? What’s that? | 是吗 什么信息 |
[02:13] | John McCain puts country first. | 约翰·麦凯恩以国家为先 |
[02:25] | Would you consider joining us? | 考虑过加入我们吗 |
[02:27] | Even just for a few weeks? | 哪怕只是几周 |
[02:31] | Senator, there is no one in this race I admire more than you, | 参议员 竞选人之中 我最仰慕你 |
[02:35] | but I promised my wife that I would sit this cycle out. | 但我答应我妻子了 不趟这趟浑水 |
[02:38] | I know that, Steve, | 我知道 斯蒂夫 |
[02:39] | but will you just think about it? | 好歹考虑一下吧 |
[02:41] | Just do that– just think about it, will you? | 考虑下 好吗 |
[02:43] | Of course, Senator. | 我考虑下吧 参议员 |
[02:44] | – You promise? – I will, I promise. | -你保证 -我会的 我保证 |
[02:46] | Great, I’ll call you tomorrow. | 好 我明天再联系你 |
[02:48] | – Okay. – Thanks, Stevie boy. | -没问题 -谢了 斯蒂夫 |
[02:53] | Fuck. | 糟糕 |
[02:55] | Senator McCain today re-shuffling his most senior campaign staff. | 麦凯恩参议员今日重组其核心竞选团队 |
[02:59] | John McCain wins the New Hampshire primary, | 约翰·麦凯恩赢得了新罕布什尔州初选 |
[03:02] | a huge comeback for the Senator from Arizona. | 来自亚利桑那的参议员 上演绝地反击 |
[03:06] | You hear them chanting behind me– | 你都能听见他们在我背后喊口号 |
[03:08] | “Mac is back, Mac is back.” | “老麦回归了 老麦回归了” |
[03:09] | A big win for John McCain in South Carolina, | 约翰·麦凯恩在南卡罗来纳州大获全胜 |
[03:13] | a win that he will relish. | 这是一场他渴求已久的胜利 |
[03:15] | The question on the campaign trail was can a souffle rise twice? | 第二次竞选总统的他 这次能赢吗 |
[03:18] | John McCain wins the Republican presidential nomination. | 约翰·麦凯恩赢得了共和党总统候选人提名 |
[03:23] | What a historic night. | 这是见证历史的一夜 |
[03:24] | And they said we were dead. | 他们曾说 我们死定了 |
[03:27] | Next Stop, the White House. | 下一站 进军白宫 |
[03:36] | Obama! Obama! | 奥巴马 奥巴马 |
[03:39] | Obama! Obama! | 奥巴马 奥巴马 |
[03:42] | Obama! Obama! | 奥巴马 奥巴马 |
[03:45] | Obama! Obama! | 奥巴马 奥巴马 |
[03:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:01] | People of Berlin and people of the world, | 柏林人民 世界人民 |
[04:05] | the scale of our challenge is great. | 我们面临的挑战很严峻 |
[04:08] | The road ahead will be long. | 前路漫漫 |
[04:11] | But I come before you to say that | 但我要说 |
[04:13] | we are heirs to a struggle for freedom. | 我们有为自由而战的传统 |
[04:16] | We are a people of improbable hope | 我们的民族 充满希望 |
[04:20] | with an eye towards the future, with resolve in our heart. | 放眼未来 心怀坚定 |
[04:24] | Let us remember this history and answer our destiny | 让我们铭记这一历史 书写自己的命运 |
[04:28] | and remake the world once again. | 重塑世界 |
[04:29] | Thank you, Berlin. God bless you. Thank you. | 感谢柏林人民 上帝保佑 谢谢 |
[04:36] | If he heals a sick baby, we’re really fucked. | 他要在救活一个婴儿 我们就真完了 |
[04:38] | 竞选经理 里克·戴维斯 | |
[04:39] | We’re down by 15. | 我们落后15个百分点 |
[04:41] | If his convention speech is as good as that– | 如果他的大会演说也那么好 |
[04:44] | it’ll be better. | 会比这更好 |
[04:45] | Then we’ll be trailing by 20 going into St. Paul. | 那党代会时 我们就落后20个百分点了 |
[04:48] | 马克·萨尔特 高级顾问 讲稿撰写人 | |
[04:48] | It’s an uphill battle, John. | 斗争很艰苦 约翰 |
[04:50] | Well, as Chairman Mao was fond of saying, | 毛主席曾说过 |
[04:52] | “It’s always darkest before it’s completely black.” | 最黑暗的时刻过后 便是彻底黑暗 |
[04:55] | Senator, it always concerns me when you quote Chairman Mao. | 参议员 你不要引用毛主席 我很担心 |
[04:58] | This guy is raising money like he’s some sort of a human ATM machine. | 这家伙筹集资金的能力 堪比人肉取款机 |
[05:02] | John, if there ever was a time | 约翰 如果需要 |
[05:05] | to run a reverend Wright ad, this is that time. | 播放瑞特牧师的广告 就是此时了 |
[05:07] | – Absolutely not. – I agree. | -绝对不行 -同意 |
[05:10] | There’s footage of his own reverend saying “God damn America.” | 有人拍到 他的牧师说”天煞美国” |
[05:13] | It’s the single best weapon we’ve got. | 这是我们手里唯一的强力武器了 |
[05:15] | I want to run a fucking campaign that my kids can be proud of, | 我的竞选 要让我的孩子们自豪 |
[05:18] | and that precludes attacking a black reverend. | 所以不可以攻击一个黑人牧师 |
[05:21] | I think we’re going about this all wrong. | 我觉得我们整个思路都错了 |
[05:24] | This man is on the cover of every news magazine. | 这个人上了各大新闻杂志的封面 |
[05:28] | He’s on the cover of every entertainment magazine. | 甚至娱乐杂志的封面 |
[05:31] | He’s got 200,000 people screaming for him in Berlin. | 柏林二十万人为他尖叫 |
[05:35] | And what has he done? | 他又做了些什么呢 |
[05:38] | A man of no accomplishment | 一个毫无建树的人 |
[05:40] | has become the biggest celebrity in the world, | 成为了世界上最知名的人物 |
[05:43] | and we keep trying to reach up and pull him down. | 我们一直在追赶他 想打败他 |
[05:46] | What we need to do is ask the American people a very simple question: | 我们只需向国民提一个非常简单的问题 |
[05:52] | Do you want a statesman to be your next president… | 你希望下任总统是一位政治家 |
[05:57] | Or do you want a celebrity? | 还是名人呢 |
[06:01] | Try it. | 可以试试看 |
[06:05] | He’s the biggest celebrity in the world. | 他是世界上最知名的人物 |
[06:08] | Obama! Obama! | 奥巴马 奥巴马 |
[06:09] | But is he ready to lead? | 但作为领导人 他合适吗 |
[06:12] | With gas prices soaring, | 油价飙升 |
[06:14] | Barack Obama says no to offshore drilling | 奥巴马却反对近海钻探 |
[06:17] | and says he’ll raise taxes on electricity? | 反而声称要提升电力税 |
[06:21] | Higher taxes, more foreign oil– | 更高的税率 更多的石油进口 |
[06:24] | that’s the real Obama. | 这才是奥巴马的目的 |
[06:26] | Great job, Fred. | 干得好 弗瑞德 |
[06:28] | I thought we were the grown-ups in this race. | 我还以为我们比他们成熟呢 |
[06:31] | John, it’s his girlfriend. | 约翰 那是他女朋友 |
[06:34] | This is a cautionary tale, John. | 这是警世寓言 约翰 |
[06:37] | It’s what I’m talking about. | 说真的 |
[06:41] | Yeah, right. Yeah, let’s– | 是啊 那就… |
[06:43] | – let’s watch it again. – No, I can’t, I can’t! Please. | -再看一遍 -别这样 拜托 |
[06:47] | See, that’s what I’m talking about. | 懂没 就是这意思 |
[06:50] | Now can you believe these guys? | 这帮人真不可置信 |
[06:53] | He wants Lieberman on the ticket. | 他想要利伯曼做竞选搭档 |
[06:56] | – Of course he does. – Disaster. | -那是自然 -那就悲剧了 |
[06:58] | Or historic. | 也可能载入史册 |
[07:00] | – Or historic disaster. – John loves him. | -或者载入史册的悲剧 -约翰喜欢他 |
[07:03] | It would be a strong move towards bi-partisanship. | 这可能是两党联合上的一大壮举 |
[07:05] | Guys, the base is already concerned | 各位 基础选民已经在担心 |
[07:09] | that John is not a true conservative. | 约翰不是正宗的保守派 |
[07:11] | Now, I don’t think picking a pro-choice Jewish Democrat | 我不觉得选一个支持堕胎的犹太裔民主党 |
[07:15] | who just happened to be Al Gore’s running mate | 还曾是阿尔·戈尔竞选伙伴 |
[07:17] | is going to alleviate that concern. | 能减少这种疑虑 |
[07:20] | Maybe we have McCain make a one-term pledge. | 也许我们能让麦凯恩宣誓不连任 |
[07:25] | He announces in some huge speech that | 他在某个大型演讲上宣布 |
[07:26] | he and a Democrat are joining together for one term | 他和一名民主党人将联合执政一个任期 |
[07:31] | so that the parties can come together | 以便让两党联合起来 |
[07:33] | and solve this country’s greatest problems. | 解决国家的重大问题 |
[07:35] | Maybe, with a one-term pledge. | 也许 如果宣誓不连任的话 |
[07:38] | Nothing says country first like picking Joe Lieberman. | 没有比选乔·利伯曼更表明我们国家为先了 |
[07:42] | Well, if it’s gonna work, it has to remain absolutely secret, | 如果要奏效 就要绝对保密 |
[07:46] | right up until the convention. | 一直到党代会才揭晓 |
[07:48] | If it gets leaked, the right will kill it. | 要是泄漏了 右派会搞砸一切 |
[07:52] | John McCain’s decision to put Joe Lieberman | 约翰·麦凯恩决定在大会期间 |
[07:54] | front and center at his convention | 将乔·利伯曼推上前台 |
[07:57] | has the unique distinction of unsettling both Democrats and Republicans. | 让民主党和共和党都颇感不安 |
[08:01] | I think the idea of him being | 我认为 让他成为 |
[08:03] | the Republican vice presidential nominee | 共和党的副总统候选人 |
[08:04] | would split the convention. | 可能导致大会分裂 |
[08:06] | In the cabinet, fine. Not as V.P. | 作为内阁成员 没问题 但不能是副总统 |
[08:08] | Bad choice. Conservatives will bolt. | 糟糕的选择 保守派会疏离本党的 |
[08:10] | Comedy team of McCain and Lieberman. | 麦凯恩和利伯曼的组合太怪异了 |
[08:12] | Maybe they’ll play Atlantic city this summer. | 也就玩玩大西洋城能有希望 |
[08:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:17] | So what the fuck happened? | 出了什么事 |
[08:19] | Lindsey Graham was trying to build support for the idea | 林赛·格雷厄姆想给这个想法寻求支持 |
[08:22] | – and it leaked. – God damn it, Lindsey. | -结果消息走漏了 -该死的 林赛 |
[08:24] | Well, if it’s any consolation, | 权当安慰吧 |
[08:27] | my numbers show that if you pick Lieberman | 数据表明 如果你选择了利伯曼 |
[08:29] | or any pro-choice candidate, | 或者任何支持堕胎的候选人 |
[08:31] | 40% of your core supporters will be less likely to support you. | 你40%的核心支持者都可能不再支持你 |
[08:35] | 40%. | 40%啊 |
[08:37] | And you gain very few independents. | 无党派人士的支持几乎不会增加 |
[08:39] | Overall, it’s a wide-net negative. | 总体来说 各方都不讨好 |
[08:41] | We’ve made a lot of calls. Some people don’t even think | 我们打了很多电话 有些人觉得 |
[08:43] | Lieberman can make it through the convention. | 利伯曼甚至不会通过大会的同意 |
[08:45] | Others say, yeah, he can, but he’s gonna rip the party in half. | 其他人说 他能当上 但会撕裂党派 |
[08:49] | But Joe is perfect. We’re both mavericks | 但乔很完美 我们都是 |
[08:51] | that are hated by the assholes in our own parties. | 被党内混蛋痛恨的异端 |
[08:54] | It could have a tremendous healing effect on the country. | 联手能对国家产生巨大的正面作用 |
[08:57] | We can’t win without our base. | 没有基础选民的支持 我们没法获胜 |
[08:59] | Lieberman is the right thing to do, but the wrong way to win. | 选利伯曼是治国良策 但不是获胜之道 |
[09:04] | Who all have we vetted? | 还审核过谁 |
[09:05] | Romney, Crist, Pawlenty. | 罗姆尼 克里斯特 波仑蒂 |
[09:08] | – We’re trying to vet Bloomberg. – Who can we win with? | -正在审核彭博 -谁能帮我们赢得竞选呢 |
[09:11] | – None of them. – None of them? | -都不能 -都不能 |
[09:12] | John, Obama just changed the entire dynamic. | 约翰 奥巴马改变了整个竞选基调 |
[09:16] | It is a change year, sir. | 时代不同了啊 |
[09:18] | We desperately need a game-changing pick, | 我们急需改变规则的人选 |
[09:21] | and none of these middle-aged white guys are game-changers. | 这些中年白人男士可不是什么改变规则的人 |
[09:25] | So…what? | 那…怎么办 |
[09:28] | I just fuck off and die? | 我就自认倒霉 甘愿输掉 |
[09:30] | Well, the data shows we have four things we have to do. | 数据显示 我们得做四件事 |
[09:34] | We have to win back the independents, | 赢回无党派人士的支持 |
[09:36] | we have to excite the base, | 激起基础选民的热情 |
[09:38] | we have to distance ourselves from the Bush administration, | 和布什政府拉开距离 |
[09:41] | and we have to close the gender gap. | 还必须减少女性选民的支持率差距 |
[09:44] | How bad is the gap? | 差距有多大 |
[09:46] | It’s fatal. | 相当大 |
[09:49] | You’ve got a 20% advantage with men, which is great, | 你的男性支持率领先20个百分点 这很好 |
[09:53] | but a 20% deficit with women. | 但女性支持率低了20个百分点 |
[09:55] | You’ve got to pick up 15% with females. | 你得在女性选民支持率上提升15个百分点 |
[09:58] | Because if you’re trailing by more than five with them, | 如果在这块落后5个百分点以上 |
[10:02] | you lose. | 你就输了 |
[10:06] | So find me a woman. | 那就给我找个女人来 |
[10:10] | All right, ladies. Who’s it gonna be? | 女士们 谁会中选呢 |
[10:20] | Meg Whitman supports abortion rights. | 梅格·惠特曼支持堕胎 |
[10:27] | Pro-choice, pro-choice. | 支持堕胎 支持堕胎 |
[10:33] | – Who are you? – These solar arrays combined | -你是谁呢 -这组太阳能电池板 |
[10:36] | will allow us to produce 34 megawatts of power… | 将为我们提供三千四百万瓦的电力 |
[10:42] | To make sure that risk management is the best that we can do to secure… | 为保障风险管理成为我们保障… |
[10:50] | But as you know, the turnpike ends here in Augusta. | 众所周知 奥古斯塔没有收费公路 |
[10:53] | At that point… | 基于这点… |
[11:01] | What was her name? | 她叫什么来着 |
[11:05] | Once Alaska is allowed to very responsibly and safely develop our resources, | 一旦阿拉斯加获准 安全可靠地开发本土资源 |
[11:10] | we’ll lower costs of energy across the United States, | 将能降低全美的能源支出 |
[11:13] | and then we’d be able to secure the nation | 由此能为国家提供 |
[11:15] | with a clean, domestic supply of energy. | 洁净的国内能源供应 |
[11:19] | And I say that, Charlie, even personally. | 另外 从我个人的角度 |
[11:21] | My one and only son, my 18-year-old, | 我的独子今年十八岁 |
[11:24] | he just signed up for the United States Army. | 刚刚报名参了军 |
[11:26] | He’s at boot camp right now. | 现在正在新兵训练营 |
[11:27] | And I’m thinkin’, you know, | 我就想 |
[11:29] | this kid is doing all that he can within his power | 这孩子正竭尽全力 |
[11:32] | to help secure and defend the United States. | 保卫国家的安全 |
[11:36] | Every elected official had better be asking themselves, | 每位民选官员都该扪心自问 |
[11:39] | are you doing as much also? | 你们也能做到这样吗 |
[11:41] | Are you doing all that you can? | 你们倾尽全力了吗 |
[11:46] | She’s a star. | 她是个明星 |
[11:48] | She’s so passionately pro-life that at age 44, | 她强烈反对堕胎 因此在四十四岁时 |
[11:51] | she decided to keep a child | 她没有打掉一个 |
[11:53] | that she knew mid-term had Down’s Syndrome. | 怀孕中期被诊断出有唐氏综合症的孩子 |
[11:56] | And there’s a lot more that the base will love. | 还有很多地方 基础选民会喜欢她 |
[11:58] | She has an 80% approval rating in Alaska. | 她在阿拉斯加有80%的支持率 |
[12:01] | – The highest of any governor in the country– – 80%? | -全国各州之最 -80%吗 |
[12:04] | And she got it by taking on the oil lobby | 她反对石油游说集团 |
[12:07] | and the Republican establishment. | 和共和党当权派 还能有如此支持率 |
[12:09] | 当地政府层打算斥资22亿美元打造的大桥 其另一端格拉维纳岛人烟稀少 | |
[12:09] | She’s the one who killed the bridge to nowhere. | 她否决了绝路桥 |
[12:11] | I fought Ted Stevens for months on that stupid fucking bridge. | 我为了那破桥和泰德·史蒂文斯争论了好几个月 |
[12:15] | Plus, she is a devout Christian. | 此外 她是个虔诚的基督徒 |
[12:17] | She’s got a son about to deploy to Iraq, | 她儿子即将入伍前往伊拉克 |
[12:19] | attractive mother of five. | 是个有五个孩子的辣妈 |
[12:21] | – She likes to moose hunt. – Moose hunt? | -她喜欢狩猎麋鹿 -狩猎麋鹿吗 |
[12:24] | This is a woman with a gun, John. | 这女人会拿枪啊 约翰 |
[12:25] | I mean, come on, the base is gonna be doing back flips. | 基础选民要兴奋得跳起来的 |
[12:27] | What does Salter think? | 萨尔特怎么看 |
[12:29] | Uh, he’s worried that she’s a creationist. | 他担心她是个神创论者 |
[12:32] | Yeah, and that’s exactly why the base will love her. | 所以基础选民才会喜欢她啊 |
[12:35] | Women will love her. | 女性会喜欢她 |
[12:36] | Plus, she gives you distance from bush. | 还有 她让你和布什的形象拉开距离 |
[12:39] | Furthermore, she’s so outside the box | 更进一步 她如此与众不同 |
[12:41] | that she helps you recapture the Maverick label, | 说不定能帮你重塑特立独行的名声 |
[12:44] | which will win back independents. | 帮你赢回无党派人士 |
[12:46] | She’s everything we need. | 她是完美人选 |
[12:51] | You don’t think she might be too outside the box? | 你不觉得她太与众不同了吗 |
[12:54] | Huh. Well, that’s what makes her such a Maverick choice. | 所以这才是个特立独行的决策啊 |
[12:59] | So is picking Lieberman. | 选择利伯曼也是 |
[13:01] | That’d be pretty goddamn mavericky. | 那可是相当特立独行 |
[13:03] | Sir, we live in the age of YouTube and the 24-hour news cycle. | 先生 这是一个娱乐至死的年代 |
[13:08] | How else do you think a man | 否则你觉得 |
[13:09] | who has absolutely no major life accomplishments | 一个毫无建树的人 |
[13:13] | is beating an American hero by double digits? | 是怎么大比分打败一个美国英雄的 |
[13:17] | He’s simply sailing on his charisma and star power. | 他只是充分发挥了自己的魅力和明星效应 |
[13:20] | We need to create a dynamic moment in this campaign | 我们得创造这次竞选中的翻身机会 |
[13:24] | or we’re dead. | 否则就死定了 |
[13:26] | You think she’s that good? | 你觉得她有那么好吗 |
[13:28] | She could be. | 很有可能 |
[13:29] | And we can vet her in five days? | 五天内能审查完毕吗 |
[13:31] | We can. | 可以 |
[13:33] | The vet has to be as thorough for her | 她的审查必须和其他人的 |
[13:34] | as it was for all the other candidates. | 一样详细完善 |
[13:37] | Culvahouse says he can do it, so… | 库尔华豪斯说他能做到 那么… |
[13:39] | The clock is ticking, sir. | 时间紧迫 先生 |
[13:41] | If you are going to seriously consider the governor of Alaska, | 如果你在认真考虑这位阿拉斯加女州长 |
[13:45] | you have to call her now. | 现在就要联系她了 |
[13:51] | You know, Governor, these gas prices are killing us. | 州长 油价高得要人命啊 |
[13:55] | Oh, my goodness, don’t I know it. | 老天 我知道 |
[13:56] | They’re killing me and Todd, too. | 也要我和托德的命 |
[13:58] | Hey, how are ya? | 你好哇 |
[14:00] | But once Alaska is allowed to | 但是 一旦阿拉斯加获准 |
[14:01] | very safely and responsibly develop our resources, | 安全可靠地开发自身能源 |
[14:04] | we’ll lower cost of energy across the entire nation. | 将能降低全美的能源支出 |
[14:07] | You keep giving ’em hell, Governor. | 继续加油 州长 |
[14:09] | Aw, thanks. Nice talking to ya. | 谢谢 很高兴和你谈话 |
[14:11] | Mom, can we go on the roller coaster now? | 妈妈 我们现在可以去玩过山车吗 |
[14:12] | Yeah. No, of course, honey. | 当然不行 宝贝 |
[14:14] | – Hey, Bristol? – Yeah? | -布里斯托 -嗯 |
[14:16] | Can you hold Trig? I’m gonna take Piper on the roller coaster. | 帮我抱一下特里戈好吗 我要带派博玩过山车 |
[14:19] | – Sure. – There you go. | -好的 -给 |
[14:21] | There you go, buddy. | 好了 小家伙 |
[14:28] | – Mom. – Just one second, hon. | -妈妈 -等一下 宝贝 |
[14:31] | This is Sarah. | 我是萨拉 |
[14:54] | Thank you for coming on such short notice, Governor. | 州长 非常感谢您这么快就来了 |
[14:57] | Should this go according to plan, | 一切顺利的话 |
[14:59] | we will take you to meet Senator McCain at his compound | 明天早上我们将带你到麦凯恩参议员的 |
[15:02] | first thing in the morning. | 住所见他 |
[15:04] | Now, if he chooses you to be his running mate, | 要是他选你做竞选搭档 |
[15:07] | you will instantly become | 那你立刻会成为 |
[15:09] | one of the most famous people on the planet. | 这世界上最有名的人之一 |
[15:11] | Your life will be investigated, | 你的过去将被调查 |
[15:13] | manipulated, distorted, | 生活将受操控 扭曲 |
[15:15] | and you will lose any semblance of privacy. | 没有一丝的隐私 |
[15:18] | Knowing this, are you 100% committed | 你还100%确定 |
[15:21] | to going forward with this project? | 要加入吗 |
[15:24] | Absolutely. | 肯定的 |
[15:25] | I have a servant’s heart. | 我有一颗为人民服务的心 |
[15:27] | And if you really think I can help this ticket, | 如果你们真认为我有利于竞选 |
[15:29] | if you really think I can help this country, | 真认为我有助于这个国家 |
[15:31] | then absolutely… I’ll do this with ya. | 那肯定的 我愿意 |
[15:34] | Your private life will be subjected to harsh, often unfair attacks. | 你的私生活将受到严厉甚至无理的抨击 |
[15:40] | Nothing can prepare you for… | 你无法预期… |
[15:42] | How ugly this can be. Not… | 会有多卑劣 无法… |
[15:44] | I do understand that. Here’s the deal. | 这我很清楚 这样子的 |
[15:47] | I went through a tough primary in Alaska, | 我在阿拉斯加经历过残酷的初选 |
[15:49] | and I know how ugly it can get. | 我很清楚会有多卑劣 |
[15:53] | Well, Governor, things can get | 州长 总统选举 |
[15:55] | quite a bit rougher on the national stage. | 可会残酷很多 |
[15:57] | I don’t know, Alaska’s pretty rough. | 这不好说 阿拉斯加可是相当残酷了 |
[15:59] | Now, you and Senator McCain | 你和麦凯恩参议员 |
[16:01] | have a difference of opinion on several issues. | 在一些问题上政见不一 |
[16:04] | He is pro-life, but he’s in favor of exceptions | 他反对堕胎 但如果是强奸 乱伦导致怀孕 |
[16:07] | in the case of rape, incest or a mother’s life being at risk. | 或者孕妇有生命危险时 他并不反对 |
[16:10] | – You are not. – That is correct. | -你却不是 -没错 |
[16:12] | I am unapologetically pro-life. | 我反对所有堕胎 |
[16:16] | Senator McCain supports stem cell research. | 麦凯恩参议员支持干细胞研究 |
[16:18] | – You do not. – That’s true, I do not. | -而你不支持 -没错 我不支持 |
[16:20] | John McCain would never ask you to contradict your beliefs, | 约翰·麦凯恩不会让你摒弃自己的政见 |
[16:24] | but we expect you to support his positions. | 但我们希望你全力支持他的政见 |
[16:28] | And we may ask you to appear in ads | 我们可能让你在竞选广告中 |
[16:30] | advocating those positions. | 拥护他的政见 |
[16:33] | Do you have a problem with that? | 你对此有意见吗 |
[16:34] | No, I don’t. Not at all. | 完全没意见 |
[16:37] | Senator McCain can count on my full support. | 我会全力支持麦凯恩参议员 |
[16:41] | I would be so proud to be a member of his team. | 我会很荣幸成为他团队的一员 |
[16:46] | Do you reject the theory of evolution? | 你不接受进化论吗 |
[16:50] | I’m the daughter of a science teacher. | 我父亲是名科学老师 |
[16:53] | My dad showed me fossils growing up. | 我看着我父亲的化石模型长大的 |
[16:56] | I know about evolution. I accept evolution. | 我了解进化论 我相信进化论 |
[16:59] | But I will never deny that I see the hand of God | 但我不否认我看到上帝之手 |
[17:03] | in this beautiful creation that is earth. | 在创造这个美丽星球中的作用 |
[17:13] | I’m really glad that you’re asking me | 我真的很高兴 |
[17:15] | these types of questions. | 你们问我这类问题 |
[17:17] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[17:19] | It’s important that you know exactly what you’re getting. | 这样你们就能全面了解我 |
[17:24] | John, let me be very clear. | 约翰 我明说了吧 |
[17:26] | Every other vet we did was over a four-to-eight-week period. | 其他审查都做了四到八周时间 |
[17:26] | A.B.库尔华豪斯 审查律师 | |
[17:29] | This vet has been compiled in absolute secrecy | 而这一次秘密审查只用了不到五天时间 |
[17:32] | in less than five days. | 就完成了 |
[17:34] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[17:35] | Well, in doing a vet this fast, | 审查做得这么快 |
[17:36] | there’s certainly the possibility | 必然有可能 |
[17:38] | that we may have missed something. | 有所遗漏 |
[17:40] | Yeah, I got it. What do you think, A.B.? | 我明白 那你觉得怎么样呢 A.B. |
[17:43] | I like many of her answers in the questionnaire. | 我对她在调查表上的回答很满意 |
[17:45] | And in the interview, | 面谈时 |
[17:46] | she hit some of my questions out of the park. | 我提的一些问题她也回答得很好 |
[17:49] | Now… | 这样看来 |
[17:50] | There are more potential land mines with Palin | 比起其他的候选人 |
[17:53] | than with the other choices. | 佩林的风险更大些 |
[17:55] | She told us she has a teen daughter who’s pregnant. | 她说她十几岁的女儿怀孕了 |
[17:59] | That should not prevent this from moving forward, | 这倒不会有多大影响 |
[18:01] | but we don’t know what else could pop up. | 但不知道还会有什么事冒出来 |
[18:04] | But are you impressed with her personally? | 那你个人对她印象好吗 |
[18:10] | I am. | 挺好的 |
[18:13] | She has a great life story | 她的经历很丰富 |
[18:15] | and she’s extremely poised and confident | 就她目前的处境来说 |
[18:18] | for someone in her situation. | 她表现得很镇定 很自信 |
[18:21] | But you have a candidate | 但是这个候选人 |
[18:23] | who’s only been governor for 18 months. | 只做了18个月州长 |
[18:25] | Before that, she was the mayor of a small town | 在此之前 她只是一个小城的市长 |
[18:27] | with 10,000 people. | 那城市人口才一万人 |
[18:29] | She undercuts your best attack on Obama | 我们主攻奥巴马没经验这点 |
[18:32] | that he’s too inexperienced. | 会受到她的影响 |
[18:34] | Well, that’s played out. | 那正好 |
[18:36] | We lose by five if we stick with experience. | 我们坚持拿经验说事 也会再掉五个点 |
[18:40] | You think she’s ready to be president? | 你觉得她准备好做副总统了吗 |
[18:43] | I don’t think she’s gonna be ready on January 20th, | 一月二十号宣誓入职时 应该还不行 |
[18:46] | but I think she has the smarts to get there eventually. | 但她够聪明 会准备好的 |
[18:53] | Give me the bottom line, a.B. | 所以你的结论是什么 A.B. |
[18:55] | High risk… | 高风险 |
[18:58] | High reward. | 高回报 |
[19:01] | You shouldn’t have told me that. | 你不该告诉我 |
[19:03] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[19:04] | I’ve been a risk-taker all my life. | 我一生都爱冒险 |
[19:23] | – Hi. – Hi. How are ya? | -您好 -您好啊 |
[19:25] | Great. | 好极了 |
[19:27] | Thanks so much for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[19:28] | Thank you for having me at your beautiful house. | 感谢你邀请我来你家 |
[19:30] | Well, come on in. Please. | 快请进吧 |
[19:37] | One of the things I’m most proud of, Sarah, | 萨拉 我最引以为豪的是 |
[19:40] | is my independence. | 我的独立精神 |
[19:42] | And I’m very impressed with how you’ve bucked | 你在阿拉斯加敢于质疑共和党当权派 |
[19:44] | the Republican establishment in Alaska. | 这点很了不起 |
[19:46] | Well, I am wired to be kind of independent there also. | 在阿拉斯加人们认为我也很独立 |
[19:49] | And I thought if I’m gonna truly run the state | 我觉得如果要真正代表人民 |
[19:51] | on behalf of the people, I’m gonna have to do it | 治理阿拉斯加 那我就得 |
[19:54] | without that good ole boy network. | 摆脱传统政党的束缚 |
[19:56] | I love the way you squashed Stevens’ “bridge to nowhere”. | 你否决了斯蒂夫的绝路桥计划 我很欣赏 |
[19:59] | Yeah. I am pro-growth | 我支持阿拉斯加发展经济 |
[20:03] | and pro-infrastructure for Alaska, | 支持基础设施建设 |
[20:05] | but not at the expense of the American taxpayer. | 但不能以花纳税人的钱为代价 |
[20:08] | I told congress if we wanted a bridge, | 我在国会上讲过 我们需要建桥 |
[20:10] | we’d build it ourselves. | 但我们会靠自己 |
[20:12] | You remind me of myself. | 我们俩很像 |
[20:14] | We’re both reformers who are not afraid | 我们都是改革派 |
[20:16] | to thumb our nose at our own party. | 不怕批评自己党里的一些东西 |
[20:17] | Senator, you’re an American hero. | 参议员 你是美国英雄 |
[20:20] | I’m just Sarah from Alaska. | 我只是阿拉斯加的萨拉 |
[20:28] | What do you guys think? | 你们觉得怎样 |
[20:30] | I know a guy like Tim Pawlenty | 我知道像提姆·保兰迪这样的人 |
[20:33] | isn’t exactly the game-changing pick | 你们不会觉得 |
[20:35] | you all seem to think we need, | 他是改变规则的人 |
[20:36] | but he’s young, he’s energetic. | 但他年轻 精力充沛 |
[20:38] | He has solid conservative credentials. | 而且是坚定的保守派 |
[20:41] | With Pawlenty, we make the base happy. | 有了保兰迪 基础选民会很高兴 |
[20:43] | And we know what the hell we’re getting. | 我们也会很清楚能得到什么 |
[20:46] | Pawlenty’s ready to be president. | 保兰迪做好了当副总统的准备 |
[20:48] | Steve? | 斯蒂夫 你觉得呢 |
[20:49] | Well, there are unknowns with Palin, | 佩林还有很多不确定性 |
[20:53] | and certainly it could go bad. | 当然 可能导致不好的结果 |
[20:56] | But if it were me, | 但我要是你 |
[20:57] | I’d rather lose by 10 points | 我宁愿冒输掉十个百分点的风险赌一把 |
[21:00] | going for the win than lose by one point | 也不愿意因为落后一个点输掉 |
[21:02] | and look back and say, “God damn,” | 然后回过头来说 该死 |
[21:03] | we should have gone for the win.” | 我们应该拼死一搏的 |
[21:07] | Our slogan’s “Country first.” | 我们的口号是 国家优先 |
[21:10] | Lieberman and Pawlenty are country-first choices. | 利伯曼和保兰迪是体现这一口号的最佳选择 |
[21:16] | Sarah Palin will be perceived | 而人们会认为萨拉·佩林 |
[21:17] | as a self-serving political maneuver. | 是我们谋私利的政治策略 |
[21:23] | You may not only lose the election, John. | 约翰 你可能不只输掉选举 |
[21:27] | You just might lose your reputation right along with it. | 还可能因此而坏了名声 |
[21:29] | I’m not running for my reputation. | 我不是为了维护名声参加竞选 |
[21:33] | I’m running to be president. | 我是为了做总统 |
[21:37] | Yes, sir. | 明白 |
[21:47] | It is absolutely crucial | 有件事很重要 |
[21:48] | that not a single person know you’re the pick. | 不能让任何人知道他的搭档是你 |
[21:50] | Surprise of your announcement will stop any momentum | 你的突然出现能够阻止 |
[21:53] | Obama might get from his convention speech. | 奥巴马通过大会演讲得到更多支持 |
[21:55] | That’s smart. | 很英明 |
[22:04] | You seem totally unfazed by all this. | 你好像一点都不受这事影响 |
[22:08] | It’s God’s plan. | 都是上帝的安排 |
[22:20] | This election has never been about me. | 这次选举关键不在我 |
[22:24] | It’s about you. | 关键在你们 |
[22:36] | You understand that in this election | 你们很清楚 这次选举 |
[22:38] | the greatest risk we can take | 我们能承担的最大风险是 |
[22:40] | is to try the same old politics | 和一群一成不变的老手 |
[22:42] | with the same old players | 进行一场一成不变的政治游戏 |
[22:44] | and expect a different result. | 却期待不一样的结果 |
[22:50] | Change happens. | 改变会出现 |
[22:53] | Change happens because the American people demand it… | 改变会出现 因为美国人需要改变 |
[22:58] | Because they rise up and insist on new ideas and new leadership | 因为人民要求在新的时代要有新的想法 |
[23:02] | and new politics for a new time. | 新的领导 新的政治 |
[23:05] | You’re about to meet our nominee. | 马上就见到我们的候选人了 |
[23:07] | You are the seventh and eighth person to know about this. | 你们是第七个和第八个知道这件事的人 |
[23:11] | It’s Steve. | 我是斯蒂夫 |
[23:12] | Come in. | 请进 |
[23:14] | Because I’ve seen it… | 因为我看见过… |
[23:16] | Hi. Come on in. | 你们好 请进 |
[23:18] | I’m just watching Obama’s big, fancy speech again. | 我正在看奥巴马老一套花哨的演讲 |
[23:21] | Governor, this is Matthew Scully. | 州长 这是马修·斯库里 |
[23:23] | – He’ll be your main speechwriter. – Nice to meet you. | -他是你主要的讲稿撰写人 -幸会 |
[23:25] | And this is Nicolle Wallace, | 这是妮可·华莱士 |
[23:27] | former White House communications director. | 前任白宫新闻主任 |
[23:29] | Hi. How are you? | 你好 |
[23:30] | And this is Governor Sarah Palin from Alaska. | 这是阿拉斯加州长萨拉·佩林 |
[23:34] | Yes, of course. Congratulations, Governor. | 久仰 恭喜你 州长 |
[23:37] | It’s a real honor to meet you. | 幸会幸会 |
[23:38] | Great to have you on board. | 欢迎你们加入 |
[23:40] | Hey, come here. Look it. Look at this. | 过来 看看这个 |
[23:42] | I didn’t know we were running against a Greek God. | 以前都不知道对手居然是希腊的神 |
[23:50] | They sure do love him. | 他们真的很喜欢他 |
[23:53] | They’re gonna love you more. | 他们会更喜欢你 |
[23:55] | America, we cannot turn back. | 美国 我们不能走回头路 |
[23:57] | 莱特州立大学 俄亥俄州代顿市 | |
[24:09] | Governor, you are the nominee for the vice president of the United States. | 州长 你是美国副总统的候选人了 |
[24:12] | You will no longer be carrying your own bags. | 不用再自己提包了 |
[24:15] | Yes, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[24:16] | And never call me “Sir.” | 永远别再叫我先生 |
[24:18] | You can call me Steve, schmidty, | 你可以叫我斯蒂夫 施密特 |
[24:20] | Kojak, potsie, shithead– anything you want. | 光头 小白 白痴 什么都可以 |
[24:24] | I will call you governor or ma’am. | 我会叫你州长 或者女士 |
[24:26] | Well, I don’t curse, so I’m gonna have to call you potsie. | 我不骂人 所以我叫你小白吧 |
[24:30] | Very good, ma’am. | 很好 女士 |
[24:32] | These gentlemen are secret service agents. | 这些人是特情局特工 |
[24:34] | They will take you into the arena. | 他们护送你到台上 |
[24:36] | And if everything goes according to plan, | 如果一切顺利的话 |
[24:38] | they will be with you the rest of your life. | 你的余生都会有他们保护 |
[24:40] | Everything’s gonna change | 你推开车门的瞬间 |
[24:42] | the moment you walk out that door. | 一切都会改变 |
[24:45] | Are you ready, Governor? | 准备好了吗 州长 |
[24:51] | I’m ready. | 准备好了 |
[24:53] | Breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[24:58] | Welcome, Governor. | 欢迎您 州长 |
[25:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:19] | Thank you for that wonderful welcome. | 谢谢你们热情的欢迎 |
[25:21] | I’m very happy today to spend my birthday with you | 很高兴今天能和你们一起过生日 |
[25:25] | and to make a historic announcement in Dayton… | 在代顿这个由努力 诚实的人建起的城市 |
[25:30] | …a city built on hard, honest work of good people. | 我很高兴宣告一个历史性的时刻 |
[25:39] | The person I’m about to introduce to you | 接下来我介绍的人 |
[25:41] | was a stand-out High School point guard, | 在高中曾是名出色的控球后卫 |
[25:45] | a concerned citizen who became a member of the p.T.A., | 一个关心他人的亲子会成员 |
[25:48] | then a city council member… | 后来成为参议会议会 |
[25:50] | – Say a prayer. – Then a mayor, | -上帝保佑 -后来成了市长 |
[25:52] | – and now a governor. – Say a prayer. | -现在是州长 -上帝保佑 |
[25:56] | – Say a prayer. – Say a prayer. | -上帝保佑 -上帝保佑 |
[25:58] | …To celebrate the anniversary of women’s suffrage, | …庆祝女性参政 |
[26:01] | a devoted wife and a mother of five. | 忠诚的妻子 五个孩子的母亲 |
[26:08] | My friends and fellow Americans, | 朋友们 美国同胞们 |
[26:11] | I am very pleased | 我很荣幸地 |
[26:13] | to introduce to you the next Vice President | 向你们介绍美国下一任 |
[26:16] | of the United States, | 副总统 |
[26:20] | Governor Sarah Palin of the great state of Alaska! | 阿拉斯加州长萨拉·佩林 |
[26:29] | Just have fun. | 享受这一切 |
[26:47] | This is a fantastic rollout, Steve. | 这次首秀棒极了 斯蒂夫 |
[26:49] | I can’t believe you were able to keep it a secret. | 很难想象你们保密做得这么好 |
[26:51] | I had to confiscate her kids’ cell phones. | 为此我没收了她孩子们的手机 |
[26:56] | No hurry. | 不用着急 |
[26:58] | -Thank you. – All the way, Sarah! | -谢谢 -加油 萨拉 |
[27:00] | And I thank you, Senator McCain, | 谢谢你 麦凯恩参议员 |
[27:02] | for the confidence you have placed in me. | 谢谢你这么信任我 |
[27:05] | Senator, I am honored to be chosen as your running mate. | 我很荣幸能成为你的竞选搭档 |
[27:13] | It was rightly noted in Denver this week | 本周在丹佛 人们都知道 |
[27:16] | that Hillary left 18 million cracks | 希拉里在那最高的玻璃天花板上 |
[27:19] | 玻璃天花板: 指在工作场所中隐藏的性别歧视 此处引用希拉里的败选演说 | |
[27:19] | in the highest, hardest glass ceiling in America. | 留下了1800万道裂痕 |
[27:26] | But it turns out | 但其实 |
[27:28] | the women of America aren’t finished yet | 美国的女性不会就此罢手 |
[27:30] | and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all. | 我们要永久地粉碎这块玻璃 |
[27:41] | We gotta get her ready for her convention speech. | 得让她准备好大会演讲 |
[27:43] | She’ll need a vocal coach, a foreign policy expert, | 给她安排演讲指导 国外政策专家 |
[27:45] | hair and make-up consultants and a stylist. | 发型和化妆顾问以及造型师 |
[27:48] | No doubt. | 确实 |
[27:52] | ?And if I was a movie star? | *如果我是电影明星* |
[27:57] | ?I’d sip honey from a pickle jar? | *我会在豪车后座上* |
[28:00] | ? In the back of my limousine? | *偷偷抿罐头里的蜂蜜* |
[28:02] | ?And they’d call me an icon? | *大家会把我当偶像* |
[28:08] | ?And I’d be looking back at you? | *我会在人物杂志上* |
[28:10] | ?From the cover of a “People” Magazine… ? | *回望你* |
[28:13] | Not…not too tight. | 不 别太紧了 |
[28:15] | ?I guess it’s all for the taking… ? | *应该就是这些* |
[28:20] | I love these Johnny Choos. | 我喜欢约翰尼·周的鞋子 |
[28:24] | ?My sister says I’ve got to see it? | *我妹妹说我得看看* |
[28:28] | ?And believe it, and I believe it…? | *相信 我相信* |
[28:31] | Oh, my gosh. | 天啊 |
[28:34] | ?I believe it? | *我相信* |
[28:37] | – What do you think, Todd? – It’s cool. | -你觉得怎样 托德 -很棒 |
[28:41] | – Nice, dad. – Mom, you look beautiful. | -说得好 爸爸 -妈妈 你真漂亮 |
[28:43] | Aw, hey, look at you. Look at your fancy shoes. | 看看你 看你漂亮的鞋子 |
[28:46] | – You look so awesome, mom. – Yeah, it really looks good. | -妈妈 你真漂亮 -真不错 |
[28:49] | – You look great, Willow. – Thanks. | -你也不错 威洛 -谢谢 |
[28:50] | – So do you. – So good. | -你也是 -不错 |
[28:51] | Look at Trig’s little shirt. | 瞧瞧特里戈的小衬衫 |
[28:53] | Okay, if you all come with me, | 好了 请大家跟我来 |
[28:54] | it’s time for your campaign photos. | 该拍竞选照片了 |
[28:56] | Bye, mom. – Okay. Let’s go, guys. | -拜拜 妈妈 -走吧 孩子们 |
[28:59] | – See you in a bit, hon. – Yeah. | -待会儿见 宝贝 -好 |
[29:01] | Governor, this is your new staff– | 州长 他们是新成员 |
[29:03] | Tucker Eskew, senior media advisor. | 这是塔克·埃斯库 高级媒体顾问 |
[29:05] | – It’s a pleasure. – Nice to meet you. | -幸会 -幸会 |
[29:07] | Chris Edwards, your deputy chief of staff. | 这是克里斯·爱德华兹 团队副总管 |
[29:09] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[29:10] | And my husband, Mark Wallace, | 这是我的丈夫 马克·华莱士 |
[29:11] | former ambassador to the United Nations. | 前任驻联合国大使 |
[29:13] | He’ll be a senior advisor. | 他将任高级顾问 |
[29:15] | We’re all honored to be on your team, Governor. | 州长 很荣幸能加入您的团队 |
[29:17] | – The honor is all mine. – Shall we sit? | -这是我的荣幸 -请坐吧 |
[29:21] | Well, our first order of business, Governor, | 州长 我们的第一项工作是 |
[29:24] | is we need to find out | 了解一下你还有没有 |
[29:26] | if there are any unexpected surprises. | 我们还不知道的事情 |
[29:29] | The press are gonna be digging deep into your past, | 媒体会对你的过去刨根问底 |
[29:31] | so we need to prepare answers about your background. | 所以我们要做好回答的准备 |
[29:36] | Oh, gosh. | 天啊 |
[29:37] | I can’t think of anything I haven’t already disclosed. | 我想不出还有什么没有公开的 |
[29:42] | The Wasilla librarian claims that as mayor | 瓦西拉镇的图书管理员声称 |
[29:44] | she tried to ban books. Is that true? | 她任镇长时试图禁止图书 属实吗 |
[29:46] | What about the allegations that Trig is not really her child? | 关于特里戈并非她亲生的指控是什么情况 |
[29:49] | Did she attend a pentecostal church where they speak in tongues? | 她是否加入了使用灵言的五旬节教会 |
[29:49] | 源自1901-1906年间在美国的五旬节运动出现的基督新教教派 强调直接灵感 信奉信仰治疗 | |
[29:53] | This source we talked to intimately involved in Palin’s vetting | 我们采访了对佩林作资格审查的相关人士 |
[29:57] | admitted that aside from those they talked to | 他们承认除了与 |
[29:59] | involved in so-called troopergate, | 被卷入所谓”州警门”的人进行了谈话 |
[29:59] | 08年佩林曾试图让公共安全专员莫奈甘开除前妹夫伍登的州警职务 莫奈甘拒绝后被开除 | |
[30:00] | they didn’t talk to any character witnesses in Alaska– | 再没跟阿拉斯加的任何品德证人谈过 |
[30:04] | Why was the vet so bad? | 为什么审查糟成这样 |
[30:07] | Listen, granted, he only had a few days, | 坦白说 审查时间太紧 |
[30:08] | but Culvahouse did clear her. | 不过库尔华豪斯帮她澄清了 |
[30:10] | Oh, with what? Wikipedia? | 拿什么 维基百科吗 |
[30:12] | There’s no way this vet was thorough. | 资格审查一点都不彻底 |
[30:14] | What? What did he miss? | 什么 漏了什么 |
[30:16] | He had troopergate. He had bridge to nowhere. | 他把”州警门” “绝路桥”都翻出来了 |
[30:19] | No one went to Alaska to interview her colleagues, her enemies. | 没人去阿拉斯加采访她的同事和敌人 |
[30:21] | There was no political vet whatsoever. | 也没有什么政审 |
[30:23] | These charges are such bullshit. | 这些指控都是狗屁 |
[30:26] | I mean, Trig isn’t her baby? | 特里戈不是她的孩子吗 |
[30:27] | What, speaking in tongues? | 灵言 |
[30:30] | – She does. – I don’t care. | -她的确说 -我不管 |
[30:32] | Is the First Amendment no longer law here? | 宪法第一修正案在这里没用吗 |
[30:34] | Is she not entitled to her religious beliefs? | 她无权选择宗教信仰吗 |
[30:36] | You’re missing the point, Rick. | 你没抓住重点 里克 |
[30:38] | John is getting slammed for making an irresponsible choice. | 约翰正遭受猛烈抨击 被指选择不负责任 |
[30:41] | – We picked her. – No, you two picked her, | -我们选中了她 -不 是你们俩选中了她 |
[30:43] | then slapped her on the butt and shoved her out there | 拍拍她屁股 把她推出去 |
[30:45] | under a banner saying “Country first!” | 站在”国家优先”的横幅下 |
[30:47] | You’re a real prick, Mark. | 你真是个蠢货 马克 |
[30:49] | – Fuck you, Schmidt! – Fuck you! | -去你的 施密特 -去你的 |
[30:50] | All right, all right! Let’s just get through this. | 好了好了 我们把这关过了 |
[30:53] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[30:54] | Troopergate. What–? | 州警门 什么 |
[30:56] | The Alaska safety commissioner | 阿拉斯加州公共安全专员 |
[30:58] | is claiming that he was fired because he wouldn’t fire | 声称自己被撤职是因为没有开除 |
[31:00] | Palin’s brother-in-law, trooper Mike Wooten. | 佩林的妹夫 州警迈克·伍登 |
[31:03] | And what were the charges against trooper Wooten? | 对州警伍登的指控是什么 |
[31:06] | Besides the fact that he was divorcing Palin’s sister? | 除了他跟佩林妹妹离婚的事实吗 |
[31:08] | Yes. Do we have any information that shows | 对 我们有没有资料显示 |
[31:12] | trooper Wooten should have been fired? | 州警伍登应该被开除 |
[31:15] | Yeah, Wooten was accused of drinking | 有 伍登被指控 |
[31:17] | from an open container from his police car, | 执勤时在警车内饮酒 |
[31:19] | tasering his 11-year-old stepson, | 用泰瑟枪电击11岁继子 |
[31:21] | and illegally shooting a moose without a permit. | 还有非法射杀驼鹿 |
[31:23] | Jesus Christ. | 天哪 |
[31:24] | Okay, coordinate all responses with their Alaskan council. | 让阿拉斯加议会统一口径 |
[31:27] | Let’s try to keep it a local matter. | 要把这事控制在当地 |
[31:29] | Bridge to nowhere. I thought we were good on this. | 绝路桥 这个我们应该很拿手 |
[31:32] | She had the project squashed after she was elected, | 她当选后压下了这个项目 |
[31:35] | but ran on a platform to build the bridge. | 但她是靠支持建桥当选的 |
[31:37] | It’s a huge flip-flop. | 大变脸[指改变政治立场] |
[31:39] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[31:40] | How could she not tell us that? | 她为什么没告诉我们 |
[31:43] | What the fuck is the Alaska Independence Party | 阿拉斯加独立党又他妈是什么东西 |
[31:46] | and was she ever a member of it? | 她是党内成员吗 |
[31:47] | The A.I.P. Is a political party whose sole platform | 阿拉斯加独立党是个政党 唯一党纲是 |
[31:50] | is the secession of Alaska from the union. | 阿拉斯加脱离联邦 |
[31:53] | Well, ain’t that a hoot? | 挺有趣的啊 |
[31:55] | Now, was she ever a member of it? | 她是党内成员吗 |
[31:59] | Well? | 是吗 |
[32:02] | We know Todd Palin was a member for many years. | 我们知道托德·佩林多年来都是党内成员 |
[32:05] | We can’t confirm if she was ever a member. | 我们无法确定她是不是 |
[32:08] | Okay. Call our people in Alaska right now | 好的 现在就联系你在阿拉斯加的人 |
[32:11] | and find out if she was. | 查出她是不是 |
[32:13] | 3:00 A.M. In Alaska right now. | 现在阿拉斯加是凌晨3点 |
[32:15] | The phones don’t work there at night?! | 半夜连电话都不会响吗 |
[32:21] | We’re under attack here, people! | 我们正遭受攻击 朋友们 |
[32:24] | You’re gonna have to raise your game. | 你们得加把劲 |
[32:26] | I can assure you that Obama’s people | 我敢保证奥巴马的人 |
[32:28] | are all over this shit. | 全扑在这些事上 |
[32:30] | In the last 24 hours, I have been asked questions | 在过去的24小时内 我被国内媒体 |
[32:33] | by the national media that are outrageous and disgusting. | 问了许多蛮横 恶心的问题 |
[32:36] | I have been asked when her amniotic fluid | 有人问我 她上次生产时 |
[32:39] | started to leak with regard to her last birth. | 羊水是什么时候破的 |
[32:42] | It’s shameful. | 太无耻了 |
[32:44] | So when did it start leaking? | 那是什么时候破的 |
[32:45] | She’s fought the oil companies. | 她与石油公司对抗 |
[32:47] | She’s taken on corrupt special interests. | 与腐败的特殊利益集团较量 |
[32:49] | These accusations are totally sexist. | 这些指控完全是性别歧视 |
[32:52] | Never in my life have I seen a candidate | 我这辈子没见过哪位候选人 |
[32:55] | more attacked by the liberal media. | 被自由派媒体攻击成这样 |
[32:57] | Smear after smear after smear. | 诽谤一个接一个 |
[33:00] | Are you sure we have to do this? | 确定我们要这么做吗 |
[33:02] | Bristol couldn’t stop crying when I told her. | 我告诉布里斯托时 她哭个不停 |
[33:04] | It’s going to have come out tomorrow | 这个明天就会见报 |
[33:05] | with or without our statement, Governor. | 不管我们发不发声明 州长 |
[33:07] | A positive from this | 积极的一面是 |
[33:08] | is that given the timing of Bristol’s pregnancy, | 考虑到布里斯托的孕期 |
[33:10] | it makes it physically impossible for Trig to be her baby. | 特里戈不可能是她的孩子 |
[33:13] | So we can put that absurd rumor to rest. | 我们就能平息那个荒谬的谣言 |
[33:17] | “We’re proud of Bristol’s decision to have her baby | 我们为布里斯托生孩子的决定而感到骄傲 |
[33:20] | and even prouder to become grandparents.” | 更为能成为祖父母而感到骄傲 |
[33:23] | We’re not proud | 未成年的女儿怀孕了 |
[33:24] | that our teenage daughter is pregnant, Maria. | 我们才不会感到骄傲 玛丽亚 |
[33:27] | And I don’t want to send a message that teen pregnancy | 我也不想让人们觉得 |
[33:30] | is something to be proud of. | 青少年怀孕是值得骄傲的事 |
[33:32] | I want that line out. | 我想把这句去掉 |
[33:34] | Of course, Governor. I’ll change it right away. | 好的 州长 我现在就改 |
[33:38] | Governor Palin’s 17-year-old daughter Bristol | 在竞选现场我们看到 |
[33:40] | has been seen holding her baby brother Trig at campaign events. | 佩林州长17岁的女儿布里斯托抱着弟弟特里戈 |
[33:43] | What the American people didn’t know until today | 美国人民今天才知道 |
[33:45] | is that Bristol is five months pregnant. | 布里斯托已有了五个月的身孕 |
[33:48] | Her parents issued this statement: | 她的父母发表了如下声明 |
[33:50] | “We’re proud of Bristol’s decision to have her baby.” | 我们为布里斯托生孩子的决定而感到骄傲 |
[33:52] | I specifically wanted that line taken out, | 我明明说了把这句去掉 |
[33:54] | and you ran it without changing a word. | 你却一字不差地放出来 |
[33:56] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说得对 |
[33:57] | The campaign takes full responsibility on this. | 竞选团队对此全权负责 |
[33:59] | Maria’s gonna personally apologize to you. | 玛丽亚将当面向你道歉 |
[34:01] | How the flip did this happen? | 怎么会这么冒失 |
[34:03] | Senator McCain is somewhat | 麦凯恩参议员有时候 |
[34:04] | a fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants type of guy, | 会意气用事 |
[34:07] | and it does occasionally create a little chaos in the campaign. | 所以有时竞选团队会有点混乱 |
[34:09] | Well, I want Maria gone. | 我希望玛丽亚辞职 |
[34:11] | Governor, this was a mistake. Maria feels terrible. | 州长 这是失误 玛丽亚很难过 |
[34:14] | She’s an excellent press secretary. | 她是名优秀的新闻发言人 |
[34:17] | My 17-year-old daughter is being made fun of | 我17岁的女儿正被 |
[34:19] | by every talk show host in the country. | 国内每个脱口秀主持取笑 |
[34:20] | I want Maria gone, period. | 我要玛丽亚辞职 |
[34:23] | Of course, Governor. She’s gone. | 好的 州长 她不会再来了 |
[34:27] | Done. | 好了 |
[34:31] | Who makes that call? | 谁去打这通电话 |
[34:32] | That’d be you. | 你 |
[34:35] | The idea that if something happened to John McCain | 如果约翰·麦凯恩这位72岁高龄 |
[34:38] | who is 72 years old and who has had two bouts with melanoma, | 并得过两次黑素瘤的候选人意外去世 |
[34:41] | and she could step into the presidency– | 接任总统的将会是她 |
[34:43] | It’s just ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[34:45] | The real sequence, Rachel, | 事情的真相是 瑞秋 |
[34:46] | is she said “Please” and “Thank you,” | 她起初赞成造桥 |
[34:49] | and then “Thanks, but no thanks,” | 上台后国会刚一取消造桥计划 |
[34:52] | only when the Congress had de-authorized the bridge… | 她就也随声附和说不要造桥 |
[34:56] | Hi, Governor. I just wanted to check in, | 你好 州长 我就过来报个到 |
[34:59] | make sure you’re doing okay. | 确保你还好 |
[35:01] | Should John McCain consider replacing Sarah Palin | 约翰·麦凯恩是否应该考虑换掉萨拉·佩林 |
[35:03] | on the GOP ticket? | 作为共和党候选人 |
[35:05] | I want to talk to the press. | 我想跟媒体谈谈 |
[35:07] | I want to set the record straight on this stuff. | 我要澄清这件事 |
[35:11] | I’ll just go put Trig’s PJ’s on. | 我去帮特里戈穿睡衣 |
[35:15] | – There you go, baby. – Just gonna put your PJ’s on. | -好了 宝贝 -帮你穿睡衣 |
[35:18] | Now, we don’t want you to talk to anyone | 我们不希望你跟任何人谈 |
[35:21] | until after the convention | 直到共和党大会结束 |
[35:24] | because no one knows anything about you. | 因为没人了解你 |
[35:28] | If you answer these ridiculous allegations, | 如果你回应了这些荒谬的指控 |
[35:30] | you’ll be defining yourself in a defensive posture. | 就是把自己定义为辩护立场 |
[35:34] | But isn’t the press defining me right now? | 媒体不正在这样定义我的吗 |
[35:36] | No news story lasts more than 48 hours any more. | 没有哪个新闻报道能延续48小时以上的 |
[35:40] | News is no longer meant to be remembered. | 新闻不被人铭记 |
[35:43] | It’s just entertainment. | 而是仅供娱乐 |
[35:44] | So if you hit your convention speech out of the park, | 如果你能在共和党大会上表现出色 |
[35:47] | the next news cycle will be the comeback of Sarah Palin. | 下一波新闻就是萨拉·佩林的回归 |
[35:52] | Yeah. I can do that. | 我能做好 |
[35:55] | Now, everyone’s heard a lot of crazy stories about you. | 每个人都听说了你的疯狂故事 |
[35:59] | Now it’s time for you to tell the world who you really are. | 现在是时候由你告诉世界 真实的自己 |
[36:02] | You tell Senator McCain I won’t let him down. | 告诉麦凯恩参议员 我不会令他失望 |
[36:07] | And good evening from the G.O.P. Convention in St. Paul. | 晚上好 这里是圣保罗的共和党选举人代表大会 |
[36:10] | All eyes will be on Senator McCain’s | 所有目光都将聚焦在麦凯恩参议员的 |
[36:12] | V.P. choice, Governor Sarah Palin, | 副总统人选 萨拉·佩林 |
[36:14] | when she takes the stage at the R.N.C. | 在本次大会上的登台演讲 |
[36:17] | She’s likely never seen a night | 她很可能从未见过如此 |
[36:19] | fraught with so much anticipation, | 充满预期 |
[36:20] | expectation and pressure. | 期待和压力的夜晚 |
[36:24] | The food’s terrible, but I hear it’s gonna be worse in Iraq. | 食物很糟 但我听说伊拉克的更糟 |
[36:27] | – My boy’s so brave. – Come on, mom. | -我儿子真勇敢 -加油 妈妈 |
[36:35] | Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Palin. | 谢谢你邀请我 佩林女士 |
[36:37] | Thank you for cutting your mullet, Levi. | 谢谢你剪了头发 莱威 |
[36:40] | I really appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[36:41] | I didn’t really want to at first, | 一开始不想剪的 |
[36:43] | but I think it looks way better now. | 但我觉得现在看上去好多了 |
[36:46] | I think it does, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[36:51] | Sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打断一下 |
[36:53] | but the Palins need to go to their seats. | 佩林一家该就座了 |
[36:55] | – Bye, mom. – Okay. | -再见 妈妈 -好 |
[37:06] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 不知道 |
[37:09] | Hey, she’s gonna be fine. | 她没问题的 |
[37:11] | – Really? – Absolutely. | -真的吗 -绝对 |
[37:16] | Is she gonna be okay? | 她没问题吧 |
[37:17] | I’m more concerned about one on ones. | 我更担心一对一辩论 |
[37:20] | How bad? | 多糟 |
[37:21] | I’m not sure how much she knows about foreign policy. | 我不确定她对外交政策了解多少 |
[37:25] | She didn’t know why North and South Korea were different countries. | 她不知道为什么南北朝鲜是两个国家 |
[37:29] | Okay, let’s keep the press away from her. | 好吧 我们别让媒体靠近她 |
[37:32] | We have five days to bring her up to speed. | 我们还有五天时间让她熟悉形势 |
[37:34] | She’ll be fine. | 她没问题的 |
[37:35] | She’s on in five minutes. I’ve gotta get up there. | 她五分钟后上台 我去准备一下 |
[37:38] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[37:39] | In choosing Governor Sarah Palin | 选择萨拉·佩林州长 |
[37:41] | as his running mate, | 作为竞选伙伴 |
[37:43] | John McCain has chosen for the future. | 约翰·麦凯恩为将来做了选择 |
[37:48] | Governor Palin represents a new generation. | 佩林州长代表着新一代 |
[37:52] | She’s already one of the most successful governors | 她已然是美国最成功的州长之一 |
[37:55] | in America and the most popular. | 而且是最受欢迎的 |
[38:01] | Let’s get John McCain and Sarah Palin elected, | 让我们选择约翰·麦凯恩和萨拉·佩林 |
[38:05] | and let’s shake up Washington | 震撼华盛顿 |
[38:08] | and move this country forward! | 推动这个国家前进 |
[38:12] | You’re gonna do great. | 你能行 |
[38:17] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[38:19] | the Governor of Alaska | 阿拉斯加州长 |
[38:21] | and the next Vice President of the United States, | 美利坚合众国下一任副总统 |
[38:26] | Sarah Palin! | 萨拉·佩林 |
[38:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:48] | Mr. Chairman, delegates, | 主席先生 各位代表 |
[38:51] | and fellow citizens, | 美国人民 |
[38:54] | I will be honored to accept your nomination | 我很荣幸被提名为 |
[38:57] | for Vce President of the United States. | 美利坚合众国的副总统 |
[39:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:13] | Our nominee is a man | 我们的总统候选人 |
[39:16] | who wore the uniform of his country for 22 years | 在军队服役22年 |
[39:20] | and refused to break faith with those troops in Iraq | 并拒绝对我们在伊拉克的部队失去信心 |
[39:24] | who now have brought victory within sight. | 现在伊拉克战局已胜利在望 |
[39:27] | Good, good. She’s really good. | 好 很好 她真的不错 |
[39:30] | We were so blessed in April. | 四月份的时候 |
[39:32] | Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the world– | 我和托德有了一个小儿子 |
[39:37] | a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. | 非常漂亮的小男孩特里戈 |
[39:44] | Children with special needs | 需要特殊照顾的孩子们 |
[39:46] | inspire a very, very special love. | 激发出更加特别的爱 |
[39:52] | She’s amazing. | 她太棒了 |
[39:54] | To the families of special needs children | 我们这个国家所有 |
[39:57] | all across this country, I have a message for you. | 需要特殊照顾的孩子家庭 我要对你们说 |
[40:01] | I pledge to you that if we are elected, | 我向你们保证 如果我们当选 |
[40:04] | you will have a friend and advocate in the White House. | 你们在白宫将会有一位朋友和辩护者 |
[40:09] | She’s incredible! | 她太棒了 |
[40:12] | Before I became Governor | 在我成为伟大的 |
[40:13] | of the great state of Alaska… | 阿拉斯加州州长时 |
[40:18] | I was mayor of my hometown. | 我是自己家乡的镇长 |
[40:22] | I guess a small-town mayor | 我想一个小镇的镇长 |
[40:25] | is sort of like a community organizer. | 类似于社区组织者 |
[40:29] | Except that you have actual responsibilities. | 但是有具体的责任 |
[40:37] | Now I know why they call her “Sarah barracuda.” | 终于知道为什么叫她”萨拉梭子鱼”了 |
[40:42] | I love those hockey moms. | 我喜欢那些冰球妈妈 |
[40:45] | You know they say the difference | 你们知道 |
[40:46] | between a hockey mom and a pit bull? | 冰球妈妈和斗牛犬的区别是什么吗 |
[40:48] | Lipstick. | 前者擦口红 |
[40:52] | She just came up with that. | 她刚刚这句是临场发挥 |
[40:54] | Join our cause and help America | 加入我们 帮助美国 |
[40:57] | elect a great man as the next President | 选出一位伟人担任下一届 |
[41:01] | of the United States. | 美利坚合众国的总统 |
[41:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:06] | And God bless America. | 愿上帝保佑美国 |
[41:08] | – Great job! You did a great job! – Couldn’t have gone better. | -干得好 -不能更好了 |
[41:11] | – Congratulations. – My God! | -恭喜 -天哪 |
[41:13] | She did it without a teleprompter. | 她没有用提词器 |
[41:14] | It broke halfway through her speech. | 演讲到一半就坏了 |
[41:16] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -开玩笑的吧 -没有 |
[41:17] | If that happens to me tomorrow night, I’m fucked. | 如果明晚出状况 我就完了 |
[41:23] | We can win this! | 我们能赢 |
[41:41] | Thank you for calling. Yes, we do take credit cards. | 谢谢来电 我们接受信用卡付款 |
[41:44] | – I’d be happy to… – I’ve got $500. | -很高兴… -我拉到五百块 |
[41:46] | We’re grateful for every dollar we get. | 我们对每一分钱心存感激 |
[41:49] | Yes, Sarah Palin will be giving a speech in Florida this week. | 是的 萨拉·佩林这周将在佛罗里达做演讲 |
[41:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:53] | Hey. Here we go. | 好了 |
[41:56] | – Thanks for coming. – I love you. | -谢谢你来 -我喜欢你 |
[42:02] | – God, this is crazy. – I know, they really love her. | -天哪 真疯狂 -他们真喜欢她 |
[42:06] | How are ya? Hey. | 你好 |
[42:10] | – Hey, what’s your name? – I’m Sarah. | -你叫什么名字 -我叫萨拉 |
[42:12] | – Sarah? – Yeah. | -萨拉 -是啊 |
[42:13] | That’s my name, too. That’s amazing! | 我也叫萨拉 太神了 |
[42:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:18] | Hey, thanks for coming out. | 谢谢你过来 |
[42:19] | Thank you. We never felt welcome to go anywhere | 谢谢 我们从前到哪都不受欢迎 |
[42:21] | before we saw you give that speech. | 直到看到你的演讲 |
[42:23] | Oh, thank you. Thanks so much. | 谢谢 太感谢了 |
[42:25] | Look at you. I want to look at how handsome | 看看你 我想看我儿子特里戈 |
[42:28] | my son Trig’s gonna be when he’s all grown up. | 长大成人后能有多帅 |
[42:30] | She understands that you can’t solve problems with government, | 她知道不能靠政府解决问题 |
[42:33] | that government is the problem. | 政府才是问题 |
[42:35] | When she talks about her faith, you can tell it’s for real. | 她讲到自己的信仰时 看得出是认真的 |
[42:38] | When she talks about guns, you can tell it’s for real. | 她讲到枪支问题时 看得出是认真的 |
[42:41] | I’ve got five kids, too, | 我也有五个孩子 |
[42:43] | and there’s something about her– | 她还有一种特质 |
[42:45] | she’s talking to me. And nobody talks to me. | 她真心跟我说话 没人愿意跟我说话 |
[42:51] | CNN has us even with Obama. | CNN民调显示 我们跟奥巴马打平了 |
[42:54] | – Are you kidding me? – Hey, Gallup has us up by five. | -开玩笑吗 -盖乐普民调 我们上升了五个点 |
[42:57] | She’s given us exactly what we needed. | 她帮我们得到的正是我们需要的 |
[42:58] | We’ve made more money in the last few days | 前几天我们得到了更多资金 |
[43:00] | than we did all last month. | 这几天拿到的资金都超过上月合计了 |
[43:02] | I’ve never seen crowds like this in my life. | 我一辈子都没见过这么热情的选民 |
[43:04] | – They love her. – She’s a bigger star than Obama. | -民众喜爱她 -她比奥巴马更耀眼 |
[43:07] | We can really win this thing. | 我们这下赢定了 |
[43:16] | I really understand your frustr– | 我能理解你们的心情 |
[43:17] | I’m sorry, pool. It’s not gonna happen today. | 抱歉 诸位 今天没有采访安排 |
[43:19] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[43:21] | – Five minutes! – Views matter. | -只要五分钟 -别小瞧媒体 |
[43:23] | Did you know that Todd Palin is an Eskimo? | 你知道托德·佩林是爱斯基摩人吗 |
[43:26] | Oh, yeah, Steve? That’s really interesting. | 是吗 斯蒂夫 挺有意思 |
[43:28] | Seriously, he’s a Yupik Eskimo. | 真的 他是尤皮克支爱斯基摩人 |
[43:31] | We’re gonna take some serious blowback from the press | 如果我们不尽快安排她与媒体接触 |
[43:33] | if we don’t let them speak to her soon. | 记者的意见会越来越大 |
[43:35] | – They’re really getting pissed. – I know, yeah. | -他们真会抓狂的 -我知道 |
[43:37] | Well, I don’t know how ready she is. | 我不知道她会如何应对 |
[43:39] | Nicolle, you worry too much. | 尼科尔 你多虑了 |
[43:42] | We always knew she’d be weak on foreign policy. | 大家都知道她对外交政策缺乏了解 |
[43:44] | We’ll get her up to speed. | 我们会尽快帮她搞定 |
[43:46] | Steve, I don’t think foreign policy | 斯蒂夫 我觉得除了外交政策 |
[43:49] | is her only weakness. | 还存在其他问题 |
[43:52] | Sorry to bother you, Governor. | 抱歉 打扰你一下 |
[43:53] | Is now a okay time to talk? | 州长 现在方便谈谈吗 |
[43:55] | Sure, I’m just reading the e-mails from the Prayer Warriors. | 可以 我刚刚在读福音战士发来的邮件 |
[43:58] | These guys are awesome. | 他们真有意思 |
[44:00] | I just want to take a moment to inform you | 我想告诉你 |
[44:02] | of how thrilled Senator McCain is. | 麦凯恩对你那天的表现非常满意 |
[44:05] | You’re exceeding his wildest expectation | 你所做的一切 |
[44:08] | for what a running mate could achieve. | 完全超出他先前的预期 |
[44:10] | I am so happy to hear that. | 很高兴听他这么说 |
[44:12] | These are the largest crowds I’ve ever seen | 从政以来 我还是第一次 |
[44:14] | in my entire political career, ever. | 见到这般热情的民众 |
[44:16] | Really? Yeah, I just– | 真的吗 我就是 |
[44:18] | I just love talking to people on the rope lines, | 喜欢跟人们聊天 |
[44:20] | getting to hear their problems. | 倾听他们的困难 |
[44:22] | It’s– it’s really moving to me. | 我真的很感动 |
[44:24] | Well, you know, that comes across. | 人们也能体会到 |
[44:26] | You’re a transformative figure, Governor. | 州长 你帮我们力挽狂澜 |
[44:29] | You– you could be the party’s next Ronald Reagan. | 你完全可以成为里根第二 |
[44:32] | Holy jeez, I– | 上帝 我 |
[44:35] | yeah, he’s– he’s my hero, so… | 其实 他是我的偶像 所以 |
[44:38] | Mine, too. So, uh… | 他也是我的偶像 |
[44:41] | The next step is just– we’re gonna start doing some interviews. | 接下来 我们将会安排你接受一些采访 |
[44:44] | Great. I’ve been dying to talk to the press. | 太好了 我迫不及待想跟媒体交流 |
[44:46] | Also, I feel like I could really help you there. | 而且 我觉得可以帮到你们 |
[44:49] | I’ve always been very, very open with the press in Alaska. | 在阿拉斯加 我对媒体一直持有开放态度 |
[44:52] | The reasoning behind holding you back | 我们没让你接受采访有我们的考虑 |
[44:54] | is the entire press corps is in the tank for Obama, | 整个媒体界一致倒向奥巴马阵营 |
[44:57] | so all they want in life is to trip you up with obscure questions. | 他们只想用尖锐的问题令你出洋相 |
[45:01] | – Gotcha questions. – Gotcha questions. | -刁难问题 -刁难问题 |
[45:03] | So we just want to make sure you’re fully prepped | 所以我们希望等你准备充分一切就绪后 |
[45:05] | before we unleash them. | 再跟他们见面 |
[45:06] | What about the local Alaska papers? | 会有阿拉斯加的报纸采访吗 |
[45:08] | There are no local papers any more. | 没有地方报刊 |
[45:10] | Anything you say goes national the instant you say it. | 你的言语将即时出现在国家媒体上 |
[45:13] | Yeah, got it. | 我懂了 |
[45:15] | Okay, so I think the best way to prep would | 我觉得最好的准备方式 |
[45:18] | just be to go through some sample questions. | 就是先过一遍样题 |
[45:20] | Sure, let’s do it. | 行 开始吧 |
[45:22] | Um, let’s start with something simple. | 那我们先从简单的入手 |
[45:24] | Uh… how do you plan on maintaining our alliance with Great Britain on Iraq, | 面对英国国内强烈的反伊战呼声 |
[45:29] | even though support for the war there is at an all-time low? | 如何维系与英国的联盟关系 |
[45:34] | I think the United States has always maintained a great relationship with the Queen. | 我觉得美国与女王一直保持着密切的关系 |
[45:40] | And John McCain will continue to have an open dialogue with her. | 约翰·麦凯恩将继续与她进行公开对话 |
[45:46] | Uh, Governor, | 州长 |
[45:47] | the Queen is not the head of government in England. | 女王不是英国政府首脑 |
[45:50] | She’s the head of state. | 她是国家元首 |
[45:52] | Well, then, who’s the head of government? | 那谁是政府首脑 |
[45:55] | The Prime Minister. | 首相 |
[46:11] | 兰迪·舒尼曼 斯蒂夫·拜根 外交政策顾问 | |
[46:19] | You rang? | 随传随到 |
[46:21] | The cavalry has arrived. | 真是及时雨 |
[46:23] | – Thank you, gentlemen. Come on in. – You bet. | -感谢二位光临 请进 -你猜对了 |
[46:25] | Yeah. | 好 |
[46:35] | Well, I, uh– | 我 |
[46:37] | I think we should start by prepping the Governor | 我认为我们可以先给州长 |
[46:39] | with Russian economic policy | 介绍俄罗斯的经济政策 |
[46:41] | as it relates to post-cold war tensions during the pre-Putin era. | 跟普京上台前美苏”后冷战时代”有联系 |
[46:46] | I was thinking something a little bit simpler. | 我觉得我们可以更简单一点 |
[46:49] | How much simpler? | 要多简单 |
[46:50] | This is Germany. | 这里是德国 |
[46:53] | They were the primary antagonists during World War I and World War II. | 是一战与二战的主要同盟国 |
[46:57] | And in World War II, | 第二次世界大战间 |
[47:00] | they were aligned with Japan and Italy to form what was known as the Axis. | 它与日本 意大利结为轴心国阵营 |
[47:08] | Currently, we’re in the middle of what I like to call “the three wars”. | 现今我们正处于”三场战争” |
[47:12] | That’s Afghanistan, Iraq, and the global war on terror. | 阿富汗战争 伊拉克战争 全球反恐战争 |
[47:16] | Governor, would you– would you like to take a break? | 州长 需要休息一下吗 |
[47:20] | No way. This is flippin’ awesome. | 别 蛮有意思的 |
[47:27] | Now, with Afghanistan, after 9/11… | 就阿富汗而言 9/11事件后 |
[47:30] | … already put a protective wall up around the family, | 已为其家庭建起一道保护墙 |
[47:33] | especially the key players. | 对个别成员的保密尤甚 |
[47:35] | Look at Bristol, Sarah Palin’s daughter, who is pregnant. | 萨拉·佩林的女儿布莉丝托如今已有身孕 |
[47:39] | We’ve seen her, | 我们见过她 |
[47:40] | we’ve seen her boyfriend Levi, | 和她男友莱威 |
[47:42] | the father of her child, | 也就是孩子的父亲 |
[47:43] | but we haven’t really gotten to talk to them | 但我们还未能向当事人求证 |
[47:45] | about whose idea it was to get married | 是谁最先提出结婚 |
[47:46] | and why, for example, | 另外 |
[47:47] | Levi on his MySpace page – says he doesn’t want kids… | 为什么莱威在个人空间说不想要小孩 |
[47:51] | That isn’t anybody’s– | 这不是什么 |
[47:52] | Why won’t they just leave me alone? | 他们为什么不让我静一静 |
[47:56] | I’m so tired of it. | 我受够了 |
[47:59] | Any grownup who makes fun of a teenage girl is a terrible person. | 欺负小女孩的人都不是什么好东西 |
[48:04] | And we’ll forget what she said, honey, okay? | 宝贝 忘记她说的话 好吗 |
[48:06] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[48:07] | My e-mails were hacked. | 我的邮箱被黑了 |
[48:10] | I know, Governor, | 我了解 州长 |
[48:11] | and we’re on it. I promise you. | 我们正努力维护 我向你保证 |
[48:12] | Did you know that my daughter’s cell phone | 你知不知道我女儿的手机号 |
[48:14] | is online and she’s getting crank calls? | 在网上被曝光 她常接到骚扰电话 |
[48:16] | Did you know that my family is being threatened? | 你知不知道我的家人正遭受威胁 |
[48:20] | Governor, you have every right to be upset, and I am sorry. | 州长 你有权生气 我很抱歉 |
[48:24] | I’ve already contacted Secret Service | 我已经跟特勤局取得联系 |
[48:26] | and they’re gonna increase security. | 他们表示会加强防护 |
[48:28] | Can you– | 你能不能 |
[48:29] | can you protect my e-mails, Steve? | 能否麻烦你保护我的邮件 斯蒂夫 |
[48:31] | Can you– can this campaign at least do that? | 你 或者竞选至少保证这一点 |
[48:42] | Charlie Gibson is good, | 查理·吉布森很专业 |
[48:44] | so I’m sure the questions will have some depth. | 他必定会提一些比较有深度的问题 |
[48:46] | Don’t be afraid to elaborate if it’s a subject you feel comfortable with, | 像能源这种你擅长的话题 |
[48:49] | like energy. | 可以展开论述 |
[48:53] | Are you okay, Governor? | 你没事吧 州长 |
[48:55] | Why aren’t there any McCain-Palin lawn signs in Alaska? | 为什么我们在阿拉斯加没动静 |
[48:59] | Well, Mr. Obama | 因为奥巴马先生 |
[49:02] | has five times the money we have. | 手上的竞选经费是我们的5倍 |
[49:04] | Five times, and… | 5倍呀 另外 |
[49:07] | Alaska is only three electoral votes, | 阿拉斯加只有3票 |
[49:09] | and it’s solid red. | 完全在共和党的掌控之中 |
[49:11] | I’m concerned about my standing back home. | 我不知道家乡民众会不会把票投给我 |
[49:13] | Todd and I are hearing things, | 托德跟我都听到一些传言 |
[49:14] | and I can’t talk to the Alaskan press. | 而我又没法与阿拉斯加媒体交流 |
[49:16] | What are you hearing? | 你听到什么传言 |
[49:18] | Things. None of it’s good. | 谣言 反正没好话 |
[49:20] | Can you at least do a poll to check my approval rating there? | 你能调查一下我的民众支持率吗 |
[49:23] | Governor, that would cost the campaign $60,000. | 州长 一次民调要花6万美元经费 |
[49:26] | I’d feel a heck of a lot better | 知道我目前的支持率 |
[49:28] | if I knew where I was at. | 能让我好受不少 |
[49:33] | Absolutely. We will do the poll | 那好 为了让你舒心 |
[49:35] | for your peace of mind, just this once. | 我们会做这次民调 仅此一次 |
[49:37] | Great. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[49:39] | So, can we get back to prepping Charlie Gibson? | 现在可以继续准备查理·吉布森的问题吗 |
[49:41] | Sure, I’m ready. Let’s do it. | 当然 我没问题 开始吧 |
[49:42] | – You ready? – Yes. | -准备好了吗 -准备好了 |
[49:47] | Do you think the Fed | 你认为美联储 |
[49:48] | did the right thing in their dealing with the Bear Stearns collapse? | 对贝尔斯登破产处理正确吗[08年金融危机] |
[49:52] | Our economy is hurting, | 经济形势日益严峻 |
[49:54] | and the federal government has not | 而联邦政府却无力 |
[49:56] | provided the sound oversight that we need and that we deserve. | 为国家提供一个健全完备的监督体系 |
[50:00] | I think we need a little bit of reality from Wasilla Main Street | 我认为我们需要将瓦西拉的民生 |
[50:05] | there brought to Washington, D.C., | 传达给华盛顿 |
[50:07] | so that the people there can understand | 让人民了解 |
[50:10] | how the average working-class family is viewing bureaucracy in the federal government. | 工薪家庭如何看待联邦政府的官僚主义 |
[50:16] | Governor… | 州长 |
[50:18] | Do you know what the Fed is? | 你知道美联储是什么吗 |
[50:22] | In what respect, Charlie? | 你指哪方面 查理 |
[50:23] | No, no. This is me, Steve, | 不 这次是我本人提问 |
[50:26] | asking do you know what the Fed is? | 你知道美联储是什么吗 |
[50:35] | Stands for the Federal Reserve System. | 国家联邦储备系统 |
[50:38] | No, please. Don’t write, just listen. | 请别急着记 先听我讲 |
[50:41] | The Fed is responsible for all monetary policy in the United States. | 美联储负责我国货币政策 |
[50:46] | On any Fed or Bear Stearns question, | 任何涉及美联储或贝尔斯登的问题 |
[50:47] | just say the Fed took the appropriate action that was needed at the time. | 只需回答美联储采取了及时有效的救助措施 |
[50:52] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[50:56] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[51:00] | Your oldest son is proudly heading off to Iraq next week. | 你长子将于下周随军入驻伊拉克 |
[51:04] | Who do you see as the primary enemy at this point? | 此刻谁是你的首要敌人 |
[51:07] | Radical Islamist extremists. | 激进的伊斯兰极端分子 |
[51:10] | Can you be more specific? | 你能具体说明吗 |
[51:11] | The terrorists who are hell-bent on destroying our nation. | 那些决意摧毁我们国家的恐怖分子 |
[51:16] | Governor, do you know why we’re in Iraq? | 州长 你知道为何在伊拉克驻兵吗 |
[51:18] | Because Saddam Hussein | 因为萨达姆·侯赛因 |
[51:19] | attacked us on 9/11. | 在9月11日对我们进行恐怖袭击 |
[51:22] | No. No, uh, | 不是 不 |
[51:24] | Al-Qaeda attacked us on 9/11. | 911的肇事者是”基地”组织 |
[51:26] | Not Saddam Hussein. | 不是萨达姆·侯赛因 |
[51:28] | No, it was Al-Qaeda. | 是”基地”组织干的 |
[51:30] | And that’s why we’re in Afghanistan. | 所以我们才派兵驻扎阿富汗 |
[51:32] | Do you know the primary differences between the war in Afghanistan | 你知道阿富汗战争 |
[51:34] | and the war in Iraq? | 与伊拉克战争最大的区别在哪吗 |
[51:40] | Um, excuse us for a moment. | 失陪一下 |
[51:52] | Can I get some more information about Afghanistan? | 能为我再准备一点阿富汗方面的资料吗 |
[51:54] | Of course, Governor. | 当然 州长 |
[52:06] | – Should we cancel? – We can’t. | -要不取消采访吧 -不行 |
[52:08] | Even Fox is pounding us for hiding her. | 福克斯都开始对我们施压 |
[52:10] | – We’d get murdered. – When you interviewed her, | -取消就死定了 -你们面试她的时候 |
[52:13] | didn’t you ask her about national security? | 都没问过国家安全问题吗 |
[52:15] | Foreign policy, domeicic policy? | 外交政策 国内政策 |
[52:18] | I thought Culvahouse would cover that. | 我以为库尔华豪斯会问 |
[52:20] | So what did you ask her? | 那你们都问了她什么 |
[52:22] | I just– we talked about | 我只是 我们问她 |
[52:23] | if she would back John’s positions | 她是否愿意全力支持约翰 |
[52:26] | when they conflicted with hers | 就算约翰的某些立场与她的相冲突 |
[52:29] | or if she was prepared for her life to change. | 还有 她是否做好改变人生的准备 |
[52:31] | There were no policy questions. | 没问政策问题 |
[52:33] | You guys didn’t grill her because you wanted it to work. | 你们没细问是因为你们想让她通过 |
[52:37] | I wasn’t in charge of the vet, Nicolle. | 我不负责审查 妮可 |
[52:46] | She’s a great actress, right? | 她演技超棒 对吗 |
[52:47] | Oh, the best. | 绝对一流 |
[52:50] | Why don’t we just give her some lines? | 干嘛不直接替她准备一些台词呢 |
[52:59] | I’ve come up with a list of questions that I think Charlie’s most likely to ask. | 这些是我认为查理最可能提出的问题 |
[53:02] | If you memorize these answers, | 只要你把回答记下 |
[53:04] | I’m sure you’re going to nail this interview. | 我保证你可以顺利过关 |
[53:05] | How do you know he’ll ask these? | 你怎么知道他会问这些 |
[53:07] | I was the White House communications director. | 我曾任白宫新闻主任 |
[53:08] | It’s my job to figure out the questions. | 我的工作就是预测问题 |
[53:11] | “Shushkashvili.” | 萨斯卡什维利 |
[53:12] | Saakashvili, the President of Georgia. | 萨卡什维利 格鲁吉亚总统 |
[53:14] | Shashkashvili. | 萨斯卡什维利 |
[53:16] | Saakashvith– | 萨卡什维利 |
[53:18] | – Saakashvili. – Saakash-vili. | -萨卡什维利 -萨卡什-维利 |
[53:21] | Let me ask you about some specific national security situations. | 我想就国家安全状况提几个具体问题 |
[53:24] | Sure. | 好的 |
[53:25] | Let’s start with Russia and Georgia. | 首先是关于俄罗斯与格鲁吉亚 |
[53:26] | Do you believe the United States should try to restore | 你认为美国应该维护 |
[53:29] | Georgian sovereignty over South Ossetia and Abkhazia? | 格鲁吉亚在南奥赛梯与阿伯卡茨的主权吗 |
[53:33] | First off, we’re gonna continue | 首先 我们仍将继续 |
[53:35] | good relations with Saakashvili there. | 与萨卡什维利保持良好关系 |
[53:36] | I was able to speak with him the other day, | 我前几天刚与他通过话 |
[53:39] | and we’ve gotta keep an eye on Russia. | 我们应该同时密切关注俄罗斯的动向 |
[53:41] | For Russia | 俄罗斯 |
[53:42] | to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading | 无故对一个弱小民主国家 |
[53:45] | a smaller Democratic country unprovoked | 发起进攻 |
[53:46] | is unacceptable, and we have… | 实在是无法接受 而且我们 |
[53:49] | You believe unprovoked? | 你认为俄方是无故吗 |
[53:50] | – Yes. – I do, I do believe unprovoked. | -对 -我相信俄方无故 |
[53:53] | And we have to keep our eye on Russia… | 我们必须对俄罗斯提高警惕 |
[53:55] | She’s a red-light performer. | 镁光灯一开她就进入状态 |
[53:56] | …under the leadership there. | 关注领导层的意向 |
[53:58] | What insight | 你如何解读 |
[54:00] | into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, | 俄罗斯近期 特别是近两周的动作 |
[54:04] | does the proximity of this state give you? | 阿拉斯加的地理位置是否让你有不同看法 |
[54:05] | They’re our next-door neighbors. | 它是我们的邻居 |
[54:07] | And you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska. | 站在阿拉斯加你可以直接望见俄罗斯 |
[54:11] | Do you consider a nuclear Iran… | 你认为伊朗核问题 |
[54:13] | – Damn it. – …to be an existential threat to Israel? | -该死 -对以色列构成严重威胁吗 |
[54:16] | And I can see Russia from my house. | 从我家就可以看到俄罗斯 |
[54:26] | I believe global warming is caused by man. | 我相信温室效应由人类活动所致 |
[54:30] | And I believe it’s just God hugging us closer. | 我相信只是因为上帝想把我们搂紧一点 |
[54:36] | I don’t agree with the Bush Doctrine. | 我不同意布什主义 |
[54:36] | 布什政府在国家安全政策和对外交往中 遵循”美国利益至上”和”以实力求和平”两大原则 | |
[54:39] | And I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道那是什么玩意 |
[54:44] | She initially did not understand this, | 她开始还没意识到 |
[54:46] | and I think that people can make what they want of it, | 而我也觉得人们能自己作出判断 |
[54:48] | but was I, or anone, confident that | 但我或其他人可以确信 |
[54:50] | Sarah Palin now has the wherewithal to be president of the United States? | 萨拉·佩林能够胜任美国总统吗 |
[54:52] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[54:53] | A conservative friend called me up and said | 我的一位保守党朋友跟我在电话里说 |
[54:55] | “I just can’t do it. | “我不能这么做 |
[54:56] | I don’t know if I’m voting for Obama, | 我不确定自己会不会把票投给奥巴马 |
[54:58] | but I can’t have her– | 但我没法投给她 |
[54:59] | She shouldn’t be in Washington, let alone the White House.” | 她不该出现在华盛顿 更别说白宫了” |
[55:10] | Governor. | 州长 |
[55:15] | Governor Palin. | 佩林州长 |
[55:22] | We really should prep for your Katie Couric interview. | 我们应该准备一下凯蒂·柯丽克的访问 |
[55:29] | Fine. | 行 |
[55:32] | I wrote a brief synopsis on the collapse of Lehman Brothers | 我写了一份有关雷曼兄弟垮台 |
[55:35] | and the financial crisis. | 与经济危机的概要 |
[55:37] | If you internalize this document, | 如果你把这份文件背熟 |
[55:38] | you should be able to field basic questions about the bail-out. | 应该就能应付金融救市的基本问题了 |
[55:53] | Governor… | 州长 |
[55:55] | The Dow just dropped 500 points. | 道琼斯指数下跌了500点 |
[55:58] | Lehman is collapsing. | 雷曼摇摇欲坠 |
[56:00] | The world economy is on the bring of collapse. | 世界经济正处于崩盘的边缘 |
[56:02] | So I am pretty sure the bail-out is going to come up– | 所以我确信访问里会涉及金融救市问题 |
[56:10] | Okay. Um… | 那好 |
[56:17] | Wh don’t we come back to it after we’ve warmed up a bit? | 要不你先准备下我们再开始 |
[56:23] | I’ve put together a list of the questions… that Katie’s most likely to ask. | 我把凯蒂最有可能提的问题列了出来 |
[56:28] | I used to work with Katie, | 我曾同凯蒂共事过 |
[56:29] | and I know she’ll ask about abortion. | 我知道她会提流产的问题 |
[56:31] | Did Steve do the Alaska poll yet? | 斯蒂夫做了阿拉斯加的民调没有 |
[56:33] | I think it’s being done as we speak. | 应该正在进行中 |
[56:35] | Bet he didn’t even do it. | 我猜他根本就没做 |
[56:42] | Can we try and get through just a few questions? | 要不我们试着过几道问题吧 |
[56:51] | I know you’re upset, Governor. | 我知道你心情不好 州长 |
[56:54] | So why don’t you get a good night’s sleep, | 要不你今天早点休息 |
[56:55] | and I will come back first thing in the morning | 我明天一早再来 |
[56:57] | to prep you when you’re feeling better? | 等你状态好点我们再继续 |
[57:08] | I’m gonna leave this for you to… | 我把这个留在这 方便你 |
[57:12] | look over. | 看看 |
[57:17] | It’s the worst financial crisis facing the American people | 美国正面临继上世纪二三十年代大萧条以来 |
[57:21] | since the great depression of the 1920s and ’30s. | 最为严重的经济危机 |
[57:23] | The president’s massive financial rescue plan | 布什总统主持的大规模金融救市计划 |
[57:26] | under fire from the left and right. | 受到左右派的双向夹击 |
[57:28] | Good evening | 晚上好 |
[57:29] | from the Ford center at the university of Mississippi at Oxford. | 这里是牛津密西西比大学的福特中心 |
[57:32] | We’re here for the first of three debates | 第一轮辩论即将开始 |
[57:34] | between Senator Barack Obama– | 辩手是巴拉克·奥巴马参议员 |
[57:35] | Steve, Steve, let’s not worry about that crap. | 斯蒂夫 斯蒂夫 别管这些没用的形式 |
[57:38] | It’s all bullshit. | 都是狗屁 |
[57:39] | I’m here at the podium. | 我都站讲台上了 |
[57:41] | Let’s do the fucking debate. | 赶紧开始辩论吧 |
[57:45] | Hey, John. Sorry to interrupt. | 约翰 抱歉打断一下 |
[57:46] | I just spoke to our guy at treasury. | 我刚跟财政部的人通过话 |
[57:49] | The bill does not have enough Republican votes. | 投票支持议案的共和党人不够 |
[57:52] | God damn it. | 见鬼 |
[57:53] | Paulson thinks the entire world economy | 保尔森认为世界经济 |
[57:55] | is on the brink of falling off the cliff, so… | 悬于一线 所以… |
[57:58] | We’re checkmated. If the bail-out doesn’t pass, | 咱们进退两难了 要是救市法案没通过 |
[58:02] | we’re screwed because Bush, | 我们就是被布什连累了 |
[58:03] | and thus you, will be blamed for it. | 所以你就要当替罪羊 |
[58:06] | If you pass the bail-out– | 如果你通过了救市法案 |
[58:07] | The Republicans will despise me | 共和党人会因为我支持 |
[58:08] | – for supporting a bail-out. – That’s it. | -救市法案而鄙视我 -没错 |
[58:12] | This is it, guys. | 没错 伙计们 |
[58:14] | I mean, this is the whole fucking election. | 他妈选举就这个德行 |
[58:16] | Now, we think you should suspend the campaign, | 现在 我们认为你应该暂缓竞选行程 |
[58:20] | postpone the debates, go to Washington, | 推迟辩论 去一趟华府 |
[58:22] | and try to negotiate a bi-partisan compromise. | 努力谈判达成两党协议 |
[58:26] | You need to make a bold move, John. | 你得棋出险招了 约翰 |
[58:31] | This is a big risk. | 这可是真险 |
[58:33] | I mean, that’s a big gamble. | 赌注可不小啊 |
[58:37] | We gotta do something. | 我们必须采取行动 |
[58:39] | I mean nothing can fuck me more than this. | 没什么比这事更操蛋了 |
[58:42] | Governor, have you had a chance | 州长 你有没有看过 |
[58:43] | to go over the briefing materials on the bail-out? | 关于救市计划的材料 |
[58:49] | I really think we need to try and nail down | 我认为我们应该准备两句 |
[58:51] | a simple two-sentence response to the economic crisis. | 简单的对于此次经济危机的评论 |
[58:53] | – It’s gotta be supportive of the concept… – That’s enough powder. | -你的评论得支持… -粉够厚了 |
[58:56] | …of the bail-out, | 救市计划的理念 |
[58:57] | but also disappointed that we’re at this point, | 用时又要对我们目前的处境表示失望 |
[58:59] | making it clear that changes need to be made to the bill. | 明确指出法案仍需进一步修改 |
[59:04] | Oh, you need it a little higher? | 你还想再高点是吗 |
[59:05] | I can do that. I can do that for you. | 我会弄 我来帮你弄 |
[59:09] | That jacket looks fantastic on you, by the way. | 顺便说一句 你穿这件外套美极了 |
[59:11] | It’s too open. | 太露了 |
[59:13] | – Don’t you think so – Yeah, it looks wonderful. | -你们不觉得吗 -对 非常棒 |
[59:16] | Really great, really nice. | 真的很棒 很漂亮 |
[59:18] | It’s a great color. | 颜色很好看 |
[59:26] | Do you want me to read the paper to you? | 要我给你读报纸吗 |
[59:33] | “Senator John McCain has | “约翰·麦凯恩参议员已经向他的对手 |
[59:35] | requested of his opponent, Senator Barack Obama, | 巴拉克·奥巴马参议员提出请求 |
[59:37] | a postponement of the upcoming debate | 希望能推迟即将到来的辩论 |
[59:40] | so that both Senators may return to Capitol Hill | 以便两位参议员能够回到国会大厦 |
[59:42] | to address the needs of the country in this crucial time. | 专注于此关键时刻的国家需求 |
[59:45] | “Senator Obama has said–“ | 奥巴马参议员已表示 |
[59:52] | I hate this make-up. I hate it. | 我不喜欢这幅妆容 我不喜欢 |
[59:55] | I don’t like my hair this way. I like my hair up. | 我也不喜欢这发型 我喜欢全部盘起来 |
[59:57] | Governor, you look amazing. | 州长 你现在非常美 |
[59:59] | I look fat. I’m sick of looking fat. | 我看上去很胖 我讨厌看起来胖 |
[1:00:03] | – You don’t look fat– – Can I get some more tape? | -你一点也不胖 -能再给我点胶带吗 |
[1:00:10] | I don’t know if we should do Couric. | 我不知道咱们该不该上库瑞克的节目 |
[1:00:12] | She’s having a mini-meltdown. | 她现在有些要崩溃了 |
[1:00:14] | Well, we can’t have McCain cancel the debate | 我们不能一周内麦凯恩先取消了辩论 |
[1:00:16] | and Palin cancel Katie Couric in the same week. | 佩林又取消凯蒂·库瑞克的采访 |
[1:00:19] | I know, | 我知道 |
[1:00:21] | but I’m really worried about her. | 但是我真的很担心 |
[1:00:23] | She won’t respond to anything I say. | 我说什么她都不理我 |
[1:00:25] | Maybe we should bring McCain in and see what he thinks. | 或许我们该告诉麦凯恩 看看他怎么想 |
[1:00:28] | He doesn’t want to deal with her. | 他不想掺和她的事 |
[1:00:29] | I haven’t even told him that she doesn’t know anything. | 我都还没告诉他 她几乎一无所知 |
[1:00:32] | You haven’t told him? | 你还没告诉他 |
[1:00:34] | Look, he doesn’t want to know. | 听着 他不想知道 |
[1:00:37] | The world economy is on the brink of collapse. | 世界经济正处于崩溃边缘 |
[1:00:39] | Can you just… prep her in the car ride over? | 你能不能 在去的路上帮她准备 |
[1:00:43] | Uh, I can try. | 我可以试试 |
[1:00:47] | Okay, good. Try. Thanks. | 很好 那就试试 谢谢了 |
[1:00:51] | Knowing Katie, I’m sure she’s going to ask | 以我对凯蒂的了解 她一定会问 |
[1:00:53] | about your stance on feminism. | 你在女权问题上的立场 |
[1:00:55] | – Did you get the numbers? – The what? | -你有数据吗 -什么 |
[1:00:57] | My approval rating in Alaska. | 我在阿拉斯加的支持率 |
[1:01:00] | They’re not in yet. | 还不知道 |
[1:01:02] | I am trying to trust you people, | 我努力去信任你们 |
[1:01:04] | but you’re making it really hard for me. | 但你们却一再让我失望 |
[1:01:07] | I’m sorry, Governor. | 很抱歉 州长 |
[1:01:09] | I’ll call Steve right away about it. | 我马上给斯蒂夫打电话问清楚 |
[1:01:11] | Yeah, like that’ll do anything. | 是啊 好像有济于事似的 |
[1:01:16] | What are you working on, Governor? | 你在做什么呢 州长 |
[1:01:20] | It’s a questionnaire from the “Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman” in Wasilla. | 一份来自瓦西拉”马萨谷拓荒者”报上的问卷 |
[1:01:24] | You know, an Alaska paper. | 一家阿拉斯加的报纸 |
[1:01:26] | Don’t you think we should prepare | 你不觉得咱们应该 |
[1:01:27] | for your national Couric interview first? | 先准备库瑞克的全国性采访吗 |
[1:01:29] | No, Nicolle, I don’t. | 不 妮可 不要 |
[1:01:31] | This is my priority. | 这才是我的当务之急 |
[1:01:33] | I am not going to ignore the people of Alaska any more. | 我再也不会无视阿拉斯加人民了 |
[1:01:48] | You’ve cited Alaska’s proximity to Russia | 你将阿拉斯加临近俄罗斯 |
[1:01:51] | as part of your foreign policy experience. | 作为你外交经验的一部分 |
[1:01:53] | What did you mean by that? | 请问这是什么意思 |
[1:01:55] | That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border | 阿拉斯加与俄罗斯之间仅隔着一道 |
[1:01:58] | between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, | 非常窄的海上边界 而我们的另一边 |
[1:02:02] | the land boundary that we have with Canada. | 又与加拿大接壤 |
[1:02:06] | It’s funny that a comment like that | 可笑的是 这种评论 |
[1:02:09] | was kind of made to– | 却有意被… |
[1:02:13] | I don’t know. You know, reporters. | 我说不好 就是那些记者们 |
[1:02:15] | – Mocked? – Yeah, mocked. | -戏谑 -没错 戏谑 |
[1:02:17] | I guess that’s the word, yeah. | 应该就是这个词 |
[1:02:18] | Well, explain to me why that enhances | 那请向我解释一下那为何 |
[1:02:21] | your foreign policy credentials. | 能够提高你的外交能力 |
[1:02:23] | Well, it certainly does because our– | 当然可以 因为我们 |
[1:02:27] | our next-door neighbors are foreign countries. | 我们与其它国家接壤 |
[1:02:29] | They’re in the state that I am the executive of. | 就在我管辖的州里 |
[1:02:33] | Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, | 你是否参与过任何 比如 |
[1:02:36] | for example, with the Russians? | 与俄罗斯方面的谈判 |
[1:02:38] | We have trade missions back and forth. | 我们双方有贸易往来 |
[1:02:40] | We do. It’s very important | 没错 当你考虑与俄罗斯有关的 |
[1:02:42] | when you consider even national security issues with Russia. | 国家安全问题时 这点尤为重要 |
[1:02:45] | As Putin rears his head and comes into the airspace | 普京昂首阔步进入 |
[1:02:48] | of the United States of America, | 美利坚合众国的领空时 |
[1:02:51] | where do they go? | 他们去哪儿 |
[1:02:52] | It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. | 阿拉斯加 正好紧邻着边界 |
[1:02:55] | And when it comes to establishing your world-view, | 说到你对世界格局的看法 |
[1:02:58] | I was curious– what newspapers and magazines | 我想知道 在你被提名为副总统候选人前 |
[1:03:02] | did you regularly read before you were tapped for this | 你都读些什么报纸杂志 |
[1:03:06] | to stay informed and to understand– | 来了解新闻讯息的 |
[1:03:08] | I’ve read most of them, again with a great appreciation | 大部分报纸杂志我都读 我也对 |
[1:03:11] | for the press, for the media. | 出版社和媒体持赞赏态度 |
[1:03:13] | What ones specifically? I’m curious. | 具体读些什么呢 我很好奇 |
[1:03:15] | Name one fucking paper. | 随便说份报纸 |
[1:03:17] | All of ‘Em. Any of ‘Em | 都读过 任何一份 |
[1:03:19] | that have been in front of me over all these years. | 曾出现在我面前的都读过 |
[1:03:22] | Oh, my God. What have we done? | 老天 咱们到底做了什么 |
[1:03:25] | If John McCain wins, this woman will be | 如果约翰·麦凯恩赢得大选 这个女人 |
[1:03:28] | one 72-year-old’s heartbeat away | 将成为72岁美国总统的 |
[1:03:30] | from President of the United States. | 第一继承人 |
[1:03:33] | And if that doesn’t scare the hell out of you, it should. | 如果你以前没觉得害怕 现在是时候了 |
[1:03:36] | In fairness, probably most people | 公道点说 可能大部分人 |
[1:03:38] | can’t name a supreme court case. | 都说不出一个最高法院的案子 |
[1:03:41] | But most people are not campaigning | 但是大部分人并没在竞选 |
[1:03:43] | – to be vice president . – Right, right. | -副总统 -对啊 没错 |
[1:03:45] | It’s not that she doesn’t know the right answer. | 她不是不知道正确答案 |
[1:03:47] | It’s that she clearly does not understand the question. | 而是压根就听不懂问题 |
[1:03:51] | This is way beyond anything we have ever seen | 这比之前任何一位候选人 |
[1:03:54] | from a national candidate. | 所出现的任何问题都严重 |
[1:04:01] | Why’d you make me do Katie Couric? | 你为什么让我做凯蒂·库瑞克的采访 |
[1:04:02] | Did you see the coverage? Did you? | 你看到新闻报道了吗 看了吗 |
[1:04:05] | Are you there? Are you listening to me? | 你在吗 你在听我说吗 |
[1:04:07] | Yes, Governor. I’m here. | 是的 州长 我在听 |
[1:04:09] | Katie was a logical choice. | 凯蒂是合乎常理的选择 |
[1:04:11] | She’s been very fair to us this entire campaign. | 竞选开始至今 她一直对我们不偏不倚 |
[1:04:13] | You call that interview fair? | 你认为这场采访很公平 |
[1:04:14] | Yes, Governor, I do. | 是的 州长 没错 |
[1:04:16] | I certainly don’t. She was out to get me from the get-go. | 我不敢茍同 她从一开始就想搞垮我 |
[1:04:19] | No, she wasn’t. | 不 她没有 |
[1:04:20] | The interview sucked because you didn’t try. | 采访搞砸了是因为你没努力 |
[1:04:22] | What do you mean, I didn’t try? | 什么叫我没努力 |
[1:04:24] | You didn’t fight back like you did | 你没像在接受查理·吉本森采访时 |
[1:04:25] | in the Charlie Gibson interview. | 那样全力反击 |
[1:04:26] | When you didn’t know the answers, | 当初你不知道答案时 |
[1:04:27] | you clawed your way back and it went fine. | 你就反问回去 效果很好 |
[1:04:29] | You just gave up. | 可是这次你却放弃了 |
[1:04:31] | Nicolle, it wasn’t my fault. | 妮可 这不是我的错 |
[1:04:33] | I wasn’t properly prepped. | 是你们没帮我准备 |
[1:04:35] | You weren’t properly prepped because you wouldn’t listen to us. | 那是因为你根本不听我们的 |
[1:04:38] | You never listen to your advisors. | 你从不听顾问们的意见 |
[1:04:40] | Because you’re overwhelming me | 因为你们一直给我灌输庞大的信息量 |
[1:04:42] | with too much information. | 让我喘不过气来 |
[1:04:44] | I don’t want to do these interviews. | 我不想接受这些采访 |
[1:04:46] | I want to do what I want to do. | 只想做我想做的 |
[1:04:48] | We’re just trying to help you get through this, Governor. | 我们在帮你克服难关 州长 |
[1:04:51] | All we want is for you to succeed. | 我们只期望你能赢 |
[1:04:53] | Yeah, well, you’re not helping. | 是吗 你们根本没在帮我 |
[1:04:55] | You’re just screwing me up. | 你们在搞垮我 |
[1:04:57] | You’re telling me what to say, what to wear, how to talk. | 你们告诉我该说什么 穿什么 怎么说 |
[1:05:00] | I am not your puppet! | 我不是你们的傀儡 |
[1:05:02] | Now I understand what Hillary meant | 现在我终于明白希拉里说 |
[1:05:04] | when she said she had to find her own voice. | 她要找到属于她自己的声音是什么意思了 |
[1:05:06] | Yeah, ’cause you’re just like Hillary. | 是吗 你以为你跟希拉里一样 |
[1:05:12] | You have ruined me. | 你们已经毁了我 |
[1:05:14] | You have ruined my reputation. | 毁了我的名誉 |
[1:05:16] | I am ruined in Alaska! | 我在阿拉斯加的名声也被毁了 |
[1:05:29] | This is Steve Schmidt. Leave a message. | 我是斯蒂夫·施密特 请留言 |
[1:05:32] | Steve, it’s Nicolle. | 斯蒂夫 我是妮可 |
[1:05:33] | I will gladly resign if you want to blame me for Couric. | 如果你想让我为库瑞克这件事负责我很愿意辞职 |
[1:05:36] | But if you want me to stay, | 但如果你要我留下来 |
[1:05:37] | then I’m back on McCain’s bus tomorrow | 那我从明天起为麦凯恩工作 |
[1:05:39] | as I never want to deal with that woman ever again. | 我再也不想管那个女人了 |
[1:05:43] | What lessons have you learned from Iraq | 从伊拉克事件中你得到了什么教训 |
[1:05:46] | and how specifically would you spread democracy abroad? | 而你又将如何具体地在国外推进民主 |
[1:05:50] | Specifically, we would make every effort possible | 具体来说 我们将尽一切努力 |
[1:05:53] | to spread democracy abroad to those who want it. | 将民主传播到需要民主的国家去 |
[1:05:59] | Yes, but specifically , what would you do? | 没错 请具体说说你会怎么做 |
[1:06:03] | We’re gonna promote freedom, | 我们要推动自由 |
[1:06:05] | usher in Democratic values and ideals, | 引入民主的价值观念与思想 |
[1:06:08] | and fight terror-loving terrorists. | 与极端恐怖分子作斗争 |
[1:06:13] | But again, and not to belabor the point, | 但是 我不是想过分强调 |
[1:06:16] | one specific thing. | 能说个具体举措吗 |
[1:06:27] | Katie, I’d like to use one of my lifelines. | 凯蒂 我想打个求助电话 |
[1:06:37] | – I’m sorry? – I want to phone a friend. | -你说什么 -我想给一个朋友打电话 |
[1:06:43] | …Friday’s debate should proceed. | 周五的辩论应该照常进行 |
[1:06:45] | We’ve been working around the clock | 我们时刻不停地工作 |
[1:06:47] | …and presidents are going to have to deal with | 作为国家总统就应该能同时 |
[1:06:50] | more than one thing at a time. | 处理多件事务 |
[1:06:52] | A new CNN/Time opinion research poll | 新的CNN联合《时报》的民调显示 |
[1:06:54] | show Obama surging in | 奥巴马在若干 |
[1:06:55] | – key battleground states… – Son of a bitch. | -摇摆州中支持率猛增 -狗娘养的 |
[1:06:57] | …Like Pennsylvania where he is now up by nine points. | 例如他已经在宾夕尼亚州领先九个百分点 |
[1:07:00] | Governor, I just want you to know | 州长 我只是想告诉你 |
[1:07:02] | I got your Alaskan poll numbers in, | 我已经得到你在阿拉斯加的民调数字 |
[1:07:04] | and you’ll be pleased to know | 很高兴告诉你 |
[1:07:06] | – that you’re in the low 70s. – Fine. | -你的支持率超过了70% -很好 |
[1:07:18] | – Why are they fucking me like this? – Who? | -他们为什么这样搞我 -谁 |
[1:07:20] | The press! They used to love me. | 媒体 他们以前很喜欢我啊 |
[1:07:24] | Now all they want to do in life is fuck me over. | 而现在他们就靠搞垮我活着 |
[1:07:27] | I can’t believe Katie did that to me. | 真不敢相信凯蒂那样对我 |
[1:07:30] | And did you hear what Olbermann said about me last night? | 你知道昨晚奥伯曼是怎么说我的吗 |
[1:07:32] | Sir, you’ve got to stop watching Keith Olbermann, | 先生 你不能再看吉斯·奥伯曼的节目 |
[1:07:36] | or FOX, for that matter. | 或福克斯台了 |
[1:07:37] | It’s all just bullshit. | 他们都在扯淡 |
[1:07:41] | Now, sir, you should have a beer | 现在 先生 你应该喝杯啤酒 |
[1:07:44] | and watch ESPN, okay? | 看看ESPN 明白吗 |
[1:07:46] | And while you’re watching it, | 并且你在看节目时 |
[1:07:47] | think about what the people who watch ESPN | 顺便想想那些看ESPN的人 |
[1:07:50] | really need in their lives right now. | 现在最需要的是什么 |
[1:07:52] | I thought Katie liked me. | 我还以为凯蒂支持我 |
[1:07:54] | She does. And the questions were fair. | 她支持 而且这些问题也很客观公平 |
[1:07:57] | It was Governor Palin who gave a terrible interview. | 是佩林州长没有做好采访 |
[1:08:01] | That poor girl. | 那可怜的姑娘 |
[1:08:04] | She wasn’t ready for this. | 她尚未做好准备 |
[1:08:06] | Yeah, I’m afraid you’re right, sir. | 是啊 恐怕你是对的 先生 |
[1:08:09] | And YouTube is making it exponentially worse. | 而且YouTube加速了事情的恶化 |
[1:08:14] | People are watching Katie Couric and Tina fey | 人们把凯蒂·库瑞克和蒂娜·费的节目 |
[1:08:16] | over and over again. | 看了一遍又一遍 |
[1:08:17] | It’s playing like an infinite loop on the web. | 在网络上无限循环 |
[1:08:20] | No presidential campaign has ever had to deal with this before. | 以往的大选从没碰到过这种情况 |
[1:08:24] | But she’s gonna do a good job in the debate, right? | 但她在辩论中会有好表现的 对吗 |
[1:08:28] | Yes, sir. She’ll be great. | 是的 先生 她会表现得很棒 |
[1:08:30] | ‘Cause if it goes like Couric, | 因为要是库瑞克采访的那一幕重演 |
[1:08:32] | I don’t think we can recover. | 我们就再无回天之力了 |
[1:08:33] | I agree, and I promise she’ll be great. | 同意 我保证她会表现得很棒的 |
[1:08:37] | I hope you’re right. | 希望你是对的 |
[1:08:40] | I hope you’re right, Steve. | 我希望你是对的 斯蒂夫 |
[1:08:43] | It’s gonna be fine. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[1:08:54] | Okay, this one came up in the ’96 debate. | 好了 这是96年辩论中出现的问题 |
[1:08:57] | Is there a magic bullet | 是否有解决 |
[1:08:59] | to solve the problem of public education? | 公共教育问题的灵丹妙药 |
[1:09:01] | If not, what is the best solution? | 如果没有 最佳解决方案是什么 |
[1:09:08] | Uh, Governor? | 州长 |
[1:09:17] | Governor, would you like something to eat? | 州长 你想吃点什么吗 |
[1:09:22] | Yeah, I think you should eat something, Governor. | 没错 你是该吃点东西了 州长 |
[1:09:26] | How about a diet Dr. Pepper? | 来一瓶无糖的胡椒博士如何 |
[1:09:28] | Would you like– could you? | 你想…能不能 |
[1:09:33] | Governor? | 州长 |
[1:09:36] | I miss my baby. I miss sleeping with my baby. | 我想我的孩子了 我想和他一起睡觉 |
[1:09:42] | She constantly slips into these catatonic stupors. | 她不断陷入毫无知觉的恍惚中 |
[1:09:45] | And then when we do finally get her to work, | 等我们好不容易让她开始工作 |
[1:09:46] | she writes all the information down on notecards, | 她把所有东西都写在卡片上 |
[1:09:48] | but she can’t remember any of it. | 却一点都记不住 |
[1:09:52] | Steve, did you do an approval poll in Alaska? | 斯蒂夫 你在阿拉斯加做过民调了吗 |
[1:09:54] | – She keeps bringing it up. – What the fuck? | -她一直在提这事儿 -搞毛啊 |
[1:09:56] | I did that stupid fucking poll a week ago. | 我一周前做了那个该死的民调 |
[1:09:59] | I told her she’s in the 70s. | 我告诉她支持率超过了70% |
[1:10:00] | Yeah, well, I don’t think she believes you. | 好吧 我觉得她不相信你 |
[1:10:02] | She says you made those numbers up. | 她说这些数据是你瞎编的 |
[1:10:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:10:05] | – She is becoming completely irrational. – Becoming? | -她越来越无理取闹了 -越来越吗 |
[1:10:11] | I don’t even like to say this, | 我不想这样说 |
[1:10:13] | but has it occurred to you guys | 但是你们有没有想过 |
[1:10:15] | that she might be mentally unstable? | 她可能精神不稳定 |
[1:10:20] | Mark, look, the debate is in five days. | 马克 听着 五天后就要辩论了 |
[1:10:23] | What do you think? | 你有何想法 |
[1:10:27] | I think this debate will be a debacle of historic | 我认为这场辩论将是历史性的惨败 |
[1:10:31] | and epic proportions. | 前所未有的一边倒 |
[1:10:37] | Well, that’s encouraging. | 这倒是挺鼓舞人心的 |
[1:10:55] | What would you say best qualifies you | 你觉得让你被选为副总统候选人的 |
[1:10:58] | to be John McCain’s running mate? | 最重要因素是什么 |
[1:11:02] | John McCain has that streak of independence in him | 约翰·麦凯恩十分独立有主见 |
[1:11:06] | that I think is very, very important in our leadership today. | 这是作为现代领袖所必须的品质 |
[1:11:09] | I have that within me also. | 我本身也是如此 |
[1:11:11] | And that’s why John McCain tapped me, | 所以约翰·麦凯恩才会提名我 |
[1:11:14] | to be a team of mavericks, | 一起组成革新之队 |
[1:11:16] | of independence as a team member | 独立之队 作为这个队伍的成员 |
[1:11:19] | on this, um– in this new team. | 在这个 新队伍里 |
[1:11:22] | Um, I’m gonna do that one over again. | 这个回答我要重说一遍 |
[1:11:24] | – Yeah, sure. – John– | -好的 当然 -约翰 |
[1:11:26] | Governor, important to remember | 州长 记住这点 |
[1:11:28] | that you don’t need to say anything specific. | 你没必要说得很具体 |
[1:11:31] | Okay? If you don’t know the answer to the question, | 明白吗 如果你不知道问题的答案 |
[1:11:34] | just bring it back to the general theme of reforming America | 就说回到重塑美国的主题上来 |
[1:11:37] | or pivot to one of your stronger suits, like energy. | 或者转移到你的强项上 比如能源 |
[1:11:40] | Yeah, ’cause that’s where I’m most comfortable. | 好的 因为那是我最得心应手的部分 |
[1:11:43] | That’s pretty clear. | 非常明显 |
[1:11:45] | Let’s try another question. | 再来试试另一个问题 |
[1:11:47] | Global warming– | 全球变暖 |
[1:11:48] | Governor Palin, do you believe | 佩林州长 你是否相信 |
[1:11:50] | that global warming is man-made? | 全球变暖是人为所致 |
[1:11:57] | I think all this talk and gibber-gabber | 我认为 这些无谓的关于全球变暖 |
[1:11:59] | about where global warming comes from defeats– | 原因的无聊言论和胡言乱语完全掩盖了 |
[1:12:03] | defeats, you know, the point that it’s getting hotter | 掩盖了地球越来越热的事实 |
[1:12:06] | and that we all need to be very concerned about heat. | 我们都应给非常关注变暖这件事 |
[1:12:10] | And, um… | 和 呃 |
[1:12:12] | That, um… | 那个… |
[1:12:14] | I– I– | 我…我… |
[1:12:16] | forgot it and it’s not in this– | 不记得了 这里也没有 |
[1:12:18] | Mark, all the cards are supposed to be in this pile. | 马克 所有卡片都该在这一摞里 |
[1:12:21] | – Okay. – It’s not in this pile. | -好的 – 这摞里没有 |
[1:12:23] | I think we need to take a break. | 大家需要休息一下 |
[1:12:25] | Can you all leave us alone for a minute? | 都出去一下好吗 |
[1:12:39] | The debate is in four days, | 还有四天就是辩论会 |
[1:12:41] | and this isn’t working, Governor. | 照此下去可不行 州长 |
[1:12:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:12:49] | I think you should get off this no-carb diet immediately. | 我觉得你得赶紧扔了这些没营养的东西 |
[1:12:55] | This goofy diet is bad for you, | 随意节食会害了你 |
[1:12:57] | and I’m alarmed by your weight loss. | 你的日益消瘦让我很担心 |
[1:13:01] | Governor, the Katie Couric interview didn’t go well. | 州长 凯蒂·库瑞克的访谈没有做好 |
[1:13:05] | And it wasn’t Nicolle Wallace’s fault. | 但这不是妮可·华莱士的错 |
[1:13:09] | It wasn’t Katie Couric’s fault. | 不是凯蒂·库瑞克的错 |
[1:13:10] | It wasn’t the liberal media’s fault. | 也不是自由派媒体的错 |
[1:13:13] | It was your fault, because you didn’t prepare. | 是你的问题 因为你准备不足 |
[1:13:16] | And there can never be another instance | 以后再也不能出现这种 |
[1:13:18] | of something not going well because you didn’t prepare. | 因为你没准备好而失败的事了 |
[1:13:37] | Look, you had a bad interview. | 听着 这次访谈没做好 |
[1:13:39] | It’s okay, it happens. | 没关系 这种事常有 |
[1:13:42] | You know what Ronald Reagan said caused pollution? | 你知道罗纳德·里根说什么是污染的源头吗 |
[1:13:49] | Trees. | 树 |
[1:13:55] | – Reagan said that? – He did. | – 里根这么说了吗 -没错 |
[1:13:58] | He said trees cause pollution. | 他说树造成了污染 |
[1:14:00] | And he not only won the election, | 可他不仅在选举中获胜 |
[1:14:04] | he went on to be a great president. | 还成为了一位伟大的总统 |
[1:14:10] | I just– I don’t want to let John down. | 只是我…我不想拖累约翰 |
[1:14:24] | Stevie boy. | 斯蒂夫 |
[1:14:26] | We have a problem, sir. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[1:14:30] | What– what’s going on? | 怎么 出什么事了 |
[1:14:32] | It’s Palin. | 是佩林 |
[1:14:34] | She could be on the verge of a complete nervous breakdown. | 她可能就快崩溃了 |
[1:14:40] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[1:14:43] | We threw her into the deep end without a life preserver. | 我们没准备救命绳索便将她扔下深渊 |
[1:14:47] | Yeah, and we’re drowning with her, sir. | 是啊 然后拖带我们走上绝路 |
[1:14:51] | We need to get her back with her family. | 我们需要让她回到家人身边 |
[1:14:53] | She needs to be surrounded by– | 她需要爱她的人 |
[1:14:56] | by people who love her. | 陪伴左右 |
[1:15:00] | Hey, let’s get ’em all out to Sedona, | 把他们都接去塞多纳吧 |
[1:15:03] | out in the open air. | 呼吸呼吸新鲜空气 |
[1:15:05] | My neighbor’s a doctor, | 我的邻居是个医生 |
[1:15:06] | and Cindy can invite him over for a barbeque or something, | 辛迪可以请他来参加烧烤聚会 |
[1:15:10] | and he can observe her | 然后从旁观察 |
[1:15:12] | and see if it’s truly serious. | 看看佩林的情况是否严重 |
[1:15:14] | But let’s just get ’em to Sedona. | 先把他们接去塞多纳吧 |
[1:15:16] | It’ll do wonders for her, I know it. | 肯定对她大有裨益 |
[1:15:18] | Yes, sir. Absolutely. | 当然 没问题 |
[1:15:24] | ? There be greener pastures | *更加青翠的牧场* |
[1:15:33] | ? Cross that border line ? | *就在边境的另一边* |
[1:15:42] | ? We’ll see new horizons ? | *崭新的地平线* |
[1:15:48] | ? My darling ? | *我的爱人* |
[1:15:50] | ? Far beyond the great divide ? | *就在峡谷的远端* |
[1:15:58] | I missed you guys so much. | 我想死你们了 |
[1:16:00] | – Hi! Mommy, mommy! – Oh, my goodness! | -妈妈 妈妈 -我的天啊 |
[1:16:05] | Got someone who wants to say hi. | 有个小家伙也想打个招呼 |
[1:16:06] | Hi! | 你好 |
[1:16:12] | – What’s up, doc? – Hey, how you doing? | -你好 医生 -你好吗 |
[1:16:14] | That depends. How’s she look? | 难说 她看起来怎么样 |
[1:16:18] | For a woman who’s just had a baby, | 对于一个刚生完孩子 |
[1:16:20] | has a pregnant teen daughter | 未成年女儿怀有身孕 |
[1:16:22] | and a son in Iraq, | 儿子远在伊拉克的女人 |
[1:16:23] | I’d say not half bad. | 我觉得她还算不错 |
[1:16:27] | You, however, look like shit. | 你倒是一团糟 |
[1:16:33] | They keep piling all this stuff on me, | 他们一直告诉我一大堆东西 |
[1:16:35] | and I just can’t remember everything. | 我就是没法全部都记住 |
[1:16:37] | – Are you getting some of it? – Yeah. | -总能记住其中一些吧 -是啊 |
[1:16:39] | Some, but I have to talk for like 90 minutes up there. | 一些 可我得在台上讲90分钟 |
[1:16:45] | Do you remember when you debated Halcro? | 还记得你跟海尔科的那场辩论吗 |
[1:16:48] | He had no notes, no papers, | 他没有笔记没有草稿 |
[1:16:50] | and he could spout off all these facts and figures? | 却能一直举例论据 滔滔不绝 |
[1:16:53] | You were so intimidated… | 你被吓坏了 |
[1:16:57] | Until you looked out at the audience. | 直到你看向观众 |
[1:16:58] | What’d you realize? | 你意识到了什么 |
[1:17:00] | That none of what he said mattered, | 我意识到他说什么都无关紧要 |
[1:17:03] | because no one knew what he was talking about. | 因为谁也听不懂 |
[1:17:05] | It’s the same thing here, baby. It’s just more people. | 现在也一样 老婆 人多一些罢了 |
[1:17:09] | You’re getting yourself in trouble, | 你现在麻烦不断 |
[1:17:11] | because they’re trying to turn you | 是因为他们想把你 |
[1:17:12] | into something that you’re not. | 变成一个完全不同的人 |
[1:17:14] | You gotta do what you do. | 你得按自己的方式做 |
[1:17:17] | Just talk to people the way you talk to them. | 按你的方式跟观众交流 |
[1:17:20] | And they’ll love you. | 他们会爱你的 |
[1:17:24] | They always have. | 他们一直都爱你 |
[1:17:26] | I love you, first dude. | 我爱你 头号粉丝 |
[1:17:29] | I love you, too… | 我也爱你 |
[1:17:32] | Mrs. Vice President. | 副总统女士 |
[1:18:08] | Steve, what’s up? | 斯蒂夫 出什么事了 |
[1:18:09] | How many questions does Sarah Palin have to answer in the debate? | 这场辩论需要萨拉·佩林回答多少问题 |
[1:18:12] | 22 to 25. | 22至25个 |
[1:18:15] | And how long is each answer? | 一个问题多长时间 |
[1:18:17] | Two minutes with pivots. | 算上转移提问两分钟 |
[1:18:19] | So if all we have to do is get the best actress in American politics | 因此我们只需要让美国政坛最佳女演员 |
[1:18:23] | to memorize 45 minutes’ worth of answers, | 背下45分钟的标准答案 |
[1:18:27] | then why did we waste five days | 那为何浪费五天时间 |
[1:18:29] | trying to get her to understand what any of this shit means? | 试图让她理解答案的意思呢 |
[1:18:36] | Governor, I didn’t know you were going for a jog. | 州长 我没听你说要跑步啊 |
[1:18:38] | I have a different strategy. | 我有个新策略 |
[1:18:39] | I need to clear my head for a bit. | 我需要让头脑清醒一点 |
[1:18:41] | Well, we really need to prepare– | 我们需要准备… |
[1:18:43] | I really need to go running, Steve, | 我真的需要跑个步 斯蒂夫 |
[1:18:45] | ’cause it’s gonna make me feel better. | 因为这样能让我好受些 |
[1:18:47] | Can you understand that? | 你能明白吗 |
[1:18:48] | Of course, Governor. | 明白 州长 |
[1:19:04] | I think we need to get rid of these notecards. | 我想我们要丢掉这些卡片 |
[1:19:08] | – They’re not helping. – Okay. | -它们没用 -好吧 |
[1:19:11] | I hate those flippin’ cards anyway. | 反正我也恨死这些卡片了 |
[1:19:13] | Now, what we need you to do | 现在 我们需要你 |
[1:19:16] | is to memorize 25 answers and four attack lines. | 记住25个问题的答案和4条反问 |
[1:19:20] | Do you think you can do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[1:19:23] | Yeah, I can do that. | 是的 我能做到 |
[1:19:27] | And you’re gonna be great. | 那你就没问题 |
[1:19:48] | And we are to be that shining city on a hill, | 正如里根总统所说 |
[1:19:51] | as President Reagan so beautifully said, | 我们将成为顶峰最闪亮的城市 |
[1:19:54] | and that we are a beacon of hope | 我们是希望的灯塔 |
[1:19:57] | and that we are unapologetic here. | 不需要向任何人解释我们的存在 |
[1:20:00] | Governor Palin, | 佩林州长 |
[1:20:01] | nuclear Iran is one of our gravest threats. | 伊朗核项目是我们最大的威胁之一 |
[1:20:05] | What would a McCain administration do to stop it? | 麦凯恩政府会采取什么制裁措施 |
[1:20:08] | On the subject of “nucular” Iran, | 在伊朗核问题上 |
[1:20:11] | Senator O’Biden and I are most likely in agreement. | 我基本赞成参议员奥拜登的观点 |
[1:20:14] | They cannot be allowed to acquire “nucular” weapons, period. | 决不允许他们拥有任何核武器 |
[1:20:19] | Israel is in jeopardy, of course, | 当然 在同伊朗总统内贾德的较量中 |
[1:20:22] | when dealing with Ahmadi Nejad as a leader of Iran. | 以色列目前处于劣势 |
[1:20:26] | It was Ronald Reagan who said that freedom | 罗纳德·里根曾说过 自由的延续与毁灭 |
[1:20:29] | is always just one generation away from extinction. | 就看一代人的选择 |
[1:20:32] | We don’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream, | 自由不是血脉相传的 |
[1:20:35] | we have to fight for it and protect it, | 而需要我们去争取 去捍卫 |
[1:20:38] | and then hand it to them | 将其亲手交与后辈 |
[1:20:40] | so that they shall do the same. | 他们才能同样争取捍卫自由 |
[1:20:42] | We will fight for it. | 我们会为之奋斗 |
[1:20:44] | And there is only one man in this race | 而这场选举中 唯有一人 |
[1:20:47] | who has really ever fought for you, | 曾真正为你们争取过自由 |
[1:20:50] | and that’s Senator John McCain. | 那就是参议员约翰·麦凯恩 |
[1:20:52] | Yeah! | 真棒 |
[1:20:55] | Yeah, she’s back! | 太好了 她找回状态了 |
[1:20:56] | Sarah Palin is back, ladies and gentlemen. | 萨拉·佩林回归了 女士们先生们 |
[1:21:02] | – Great job, Governor. – It was pretty good, huh? | -干得漂亮 州长 -还不错吧 |
[1:21:04] | Pretty good? It was amazing. | 岂止不错 简直一级棒 |
[1:21:05] | There’s just one slight adjustment I want to give you. | 只有一个小错误需要纠正 |
[1:21:08] | You need to call him Senator Biden, | 你应该叫他参议员拜登 |
[1:21:10] | not Senator O’Biden. | 而不是参议员奥拜登 |
[1:21:11] | That’s what I called him, Senator O’Biden. | 我是这么说的 参议员奥拜登 |
[1:21:13] | – You just said it again. – Said what? | -你又错了 -哪里错了 |
[1:21:14] | – O’Biden. – Right. Senator Biden. | -奥拜登 -对 参议员拜登 |
[1:21:17] | – That’s it. – Oh. Biden. | -对了 -噢 拜登 |
[1:21:20] | No, no, there’s no “O.” | 不 没有奥 |
[1:21:21] | No, I meant “Oh,” As in “Oh, I get it,” | 这是”噢 我懂了”的”噢” |
[1:21:23] | not “O” As in O’Biden. | 不是奥拜登的”奥” |
[1:21:26] | Okay, well, let’s practice it. | 好吧 我们练练 |
[1:21:29] | Governor, do you agree with Senator Biden’s | 州长 你赞成参议员拜登 |
[1:21:32] | position on the bail-out? | 在救市计划上的立场吗 |
[1:21:33] | – Senator O’Biden– – Biden! | -参议员奥拜登… -拜登 |
[1:21:35] | Doggone it! | 真该死 |
[1:21:50] | – This is Sarah. – Hey, mom. | -我是萨拉 -是我 妈妈 |
[1:21:53] | Hey, honey. How are ya? | 乖儿子 你还好吗 |
[1:21:55] | I’m good. I’m– | 我很好 我… |
[1:21:56] | – I’m good, mom. – Where are you? | -我很好 妈妈 -你在哪儿呢 |
[1:21:59] | Um, I’m not really allowed to say. | 这个我不能透露 |
[1:22:01] | Okay, sweetie, but you’re safe? | 好吧 宝贝 不过你是安全的吧 |
[1:22:03] | Yeah, no, I’m fine, I’m fine. | 是啊 别担心 我很安全 |
[1:22:06] | I just wanted to wish you a good debate. | 我只是想祝你辩论顺利 |
[1:22:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:22:09] | – Did you study? – I did. | -你有学习吗 -有 |
[1:22:13] | A lot. | 很用功 |
[1:22:14] | I’ll be praying for you. | 我会为你祈祷的 |
[1:22:16] | Please, I’ll need it. | 太好了 我正需要 |
[1:22:18] | Come on, mom, you’re gonna do great. | 加油 妈妈 你能搞定它的 |
[1:22:21] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:22:23] | I love you so much, Track. | 我也非常爱你 特拉克 |
[1:22:25] | – Fall in! – I gotta go, mom. | -集合 -我得挂了 妈妈 |
[1:22:29] | No, no, no. Just– just another minute. | 别别别 再等一分钟 |
[1:22:31] | No, I’m really sorry, but I really gotta go. | 抱歉 我真的得走了 |
[1:22:33] | You’re gonna do great tonight, okay? | 你今晚会表现出色的 知道吗 |
[1:22:34] | Thank you, thank you, but, sweetie– sweetie, you be safe. | 谢谢宝贝 你千万要注意安全 |
[1:22:37] | I will. | 我会的 |
[1:22:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[1:22:48] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[1:22:52] | My son is safe. | 我儿子很安全 |
[1:22:55] | My son is safe. | 我儿子很安全 |
[1:23:08] | Well, what we are going to see | 我们即将看到的 |
[1:23:11] | is probably the most anticipated | 将是我所报道过的 |
[1:23:13] | vice presidential debate that I have covered ever. | 最令人期待的副总统辩论 |
[1:23:17] | 华盛顿大学 圣路易斯 | |
[1:23:18] | A lot, a lot of pressure on Sarah Palin. | 萨拉·佩林承受着巨大压力 |
[1:23:20] | As for Joe Biden, it’s sort of a, | 而对乔·拜登来讲 |
[1:23:22] | first of all, do-no-harm night for him. | 今晚不必有所顾忌 |
[1:23:24] | No one has questioned | 至少没有人会质疑 |
[1:23:26] | that he is qualified to be vice president. | 他当副总统的资格 |
[1:23:29] | He needs to– both of them, | 他需要…他们都需要 |
[1:23:31] | need to talk about the top of their tickets. | 需要重点谈论各自的总统候选人 |
[1:23:33] | After all, this isn’t a race to be vice president | 毕竟 这场选举不是在选副总统 |
[1:23:36] | so much as it is to be number two | 所以在选票事宜上 |
[1:23:38] | to the top people on the ticket. | 他们只是二号人物 |
[1:23:40] | On the Joe Biden side, you will see | 在乔·拜登方面 你肯定会听到 |
[1:23:43] | an effort to say, “Look, Sarah Palin…” | 他强调 “瞧 萨拉·佩林…” |
[1:23:46] | Hurry. | 快点 |
[1:23:49] | Pray with me. | 我们一起祈祷 |
[1:23:51] | What should we pray for? | 祈祷什么呢 |
[1:23:53] | Just pray that we win the debate. | 祈祷我们能赢了这场辩论 |
[1:23:56] | Mom, that would be cheating. | 妈妈 这可是作弊 |
[1:24:03] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:24:10] | We want to welcome our viewers | 欢迎全美以及全球的观众 |
[1:24:12] | in the United States and around the world. | 收看我们的节目 |
[1:24:13] | I’m Wolf Blitzer, together with the best… | 我是沃尔夫·布利泽 同最优秀的… |
[1:24:17] | We’ve been waiting for this night for a long time… | 今晚我们期待已久的… |
[1:24:23] | I did this same walk for Geraldine Ferraro in 1984. | 1984年 杰拉德琳·费拉罗也是由我带进场的 |
[1:24:27] | Holy jeez, that’s cool. | 天啊 那可真棒 |
[1:24:28] | This is your toe mark. | 你就站在这里 |
[1:24:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:24:33] | 30 seconds. | 30秒准备 |
[1:24:35] | Two, pull back wide on her entrance, please. | 2号机 镜头拉回广角拍她进场 |
[1:24:37] | Ready, two. And take two. | 2号机准备 2号机切入 |
[1:24:43] | Good evening from Washington University | 晚上好 这里是密苏里州圣路易斯的 |
[1:24:46] | in St. Louis, Missouri. | 华盛顿大学 |
[1:24:47] | I’m Gwen Ifill of the “News Hour” | 我是来自PBS《新闻一小时》 |
[1:24:48] | and “Washington Week” on PBS. | 和《华盛顿周讯》的格温·艾菲尔 |
[1:24:51] | Welcome to the first and the only 2008 | 欢迎收看2008年独一无二的 |
[1:24:54] | vice presidential debate | 副总统辩论会 |
[1:24:55] | between the Republican nominee, | 辩论在共和党提名人 |
[1:24:57] | Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska, | 阿拉斯加州州长萨拉·佩林 |
[1:24:59] | and the Democratic nominee, | 和民主党提名人 |
[1:25:00] | Joe Biden of Delaware. | 德拉维尔州参议员乔·拜登间举行 |
[1:25:02] | Tonight’s discussion will cover a wide range of topics, | 今晚的议题涵盖范围相当广泛 |
[1:25:06] | including domestic and foreign policy matters. | 包括国内政策和对外政策 |
[1:25:09] | Each candidate will have 90 seconds | 每位候选人将有90秒时间 |
[1:25:11] | to respond to a direct question | 回答一个直接提问 |
[1:25:13] | and then an additional two minutes | 以及额外两分钟 |
[1:25:15] | for rebuttal and follow-up. | 进行抗辩和追叙 |
[1:25:17] | The specific subjects and questions were chosen by me | 具体主题以及问题都由我亲自选择 |
[1:25:20] | and have not been shared or cleared | 并未向双方阵营和选举委员会 |
[1:25:23] | with anyone on the campaigns or on the commission. | 透露也未经他们批准 |
[1:25:25] | The audience here in the hall | 现场观众已保证 |
[1:25:27] | has promised to remain very polite– | 将在整场辩论中保持安静 |
[1:25:30] | no cheers, applause, no untoward outbursts… | 不欢呼 不鼓掌 不制造无故动静 |
[1:25:34] | – Biden. Biden. Biden. – …Except right at this minute | -拜登 拜登… -现在 |
[1:25:36] | as we welcome Governor Palin and senator Biden. | 让我们欢迎州长佩林和参议员拜登 |
[1:25:48] | Nice to meet you. Hey, can I call you Joe? | 幸会 我能叫你乔吗 |
[1:25:50] | You can call me Joe. | 当然可以 |
[1:25:53] | – Why– why is the mic on? – No, no, no, it’s cool. | -为…为什么麦克开着 -没事 不要紧 |
[1:25:56] | They’re gonna think it’s some kind | 他们会把这看作是 |
[1:25:57] | of Machiavellian Jedi power-play. | 马基亚维利和绝地武士的较量 |
[1:26:00] | From your lips, Steve. | 听你说这种话…斯蒂夫 |
[1:26:02] | Welcome to you both. | 欢迎二位 |
[1:26:04] | The House of Representatives this week passed a bill, | 本周国会众议院通过了一项议案 |
[1:26:04] | 2008年10月美国通过了7000亿美元救市计划 拟从陷于困境的金融企业买入问题资产 | |
[1:26:06] | a big bail-out bill– | 救市法案 |
[1:26:08] | or didn’t pass it, I should say. | 或者说没有通过 |
[1:26:09] | The Senate decided to pass it | 参议院决定通过 |
[1:26:11] | and the House is wrestling with it still tonight. | 众议院直至今晚仍未作出表决 |
[1:26:13] | Was this the worst of Washington or the best of Washington | 这究竟是政府的英明之举 |
[1:26:16] | that we saw play out? | 还是大胆拙计呢 |
[1:26:18] | Thank you, Gwen, and I thank the commission also. | 感谢你 格温 也感谢选举委员会 |
[1:26:20] | I appreciate this privilege of being able to be here | 能有幸在此同全美人民对话 |
[1:26:22] | and speak with Americans. | 我很感激 |
[1:26:24] | Please, God, be kind. | 上帝保佑啊 |
[1:26:26] | You know, I think a good barometer here | 我认为 在我们试图评判 |
[1:26:28] | when we’re trying to figure out has this been a good time | 此时对美国经济是好是坏时 |
[1:26:30] | or a bad time in America’s economy is… | 最好的标准就是 |
[1:26:34] | go to a kids’ soccer game on Saturday | 周六去看场儿童足球赛 |
[1:26:36] | and turn to any parent there on the sideline and ask them, | 转身随便问个场外的家长 |
[1:26:39] | “How are you feeling about the economy?” | “你觉得现在经济状况如何” |
[1:26:41] | And I’ll betcha you’re gonna hear | 我敢保证你能从他的回答中 |
[1:26:43] | some fear in that parent’s voice… | 听出一丝恐惧 |
[1:26:45] | She’s doing great. | 她做得不错啊 |
[1:26:48] | We’ve got 88 more minutes. | 我们还有88分钟呢 |
[1:26:49] | Did we just take a major hit with those investments? | 我们的投资是不是都打了水漂了 |
[1:26:53] | There is something to be said also for man’s activities, | 是要谈到人类活动对气候的影响 |
[1:26:56] | but also for the cyclical temperature changes on our planet. | 但也要考虑到地球周期性温度变化的因素 |
[1:27:00] | Senator, what is true and what is false about the causes? | 参议员 这些原因中孰是孰非 |
[1:27:03] | If you don’t understand what the cause is, | 如果不清楚问题的源泉 |
[1:27:06] | it’s virtually impossible to come up with a solution. | 就无法采取正确的措施 |
[1:27:09] | The chant is “Drill, baby, drill.” | 现在的口号是”钻啊钻井打石油” |
[1:27:12] | And that’s what we hear all across this country | 不管我们在哪举行集会 |
[1:27:15] | in our rallies, because people are so hungry | 都能听见大家高喊口号 |
[1:27:17] | for those domestic sources of energy | 渴望这些国内能源 |
[1:27:20] | to be tapped into. | 能被更加充分地利用 |
[1:27:22] | We will end this war. | 我们会结束这场战争 |
[1:27:23] | For John McCain, | 若麦凯恩当选 |
[1:27:25] | there is no end in sight to end this war. | 战争会无休无止 |
[1:27:28] | We will end this war. | 而我们会结束这场战争 |
[1:27:30] | Governor… | 州长女士 |
[1:27:32] | Your plan | 你的计划 |
[1:27:36] | is a white flag of surrender | 无疑是要让我们在伊拉克 |
[1:27:38] | – in Iraq. – Yes! | -缴械投降 -太棒了 |
[1:27:42] | Governor, please, did you want to respond | 州长 请问您对于麦凯恩参议员 |
[1:27:43] | to Senator McCain’s comments about healthcare? | 就医保的回答 有何回应 |
[1:27:45] | Pivot. Pivot! | 转移话题 快 |
[1:27:47] | I’d like to respond about the tax increases and… | 我想就提高税收这一问题进行回应 |
[1:27:50] | Yes! | 这就对了 |
[1:27:52] | Darn right, we need tax relief | 我们要增加就业 |
[1:27:54] | for Americans so that jobs can be created here. | 当然要减轻美国民众的税收负担 |
[1:27:56] | Barack Obama and Senator O’Biden, | 巴拉克·奥巴马和奥拜登参议员 |
[1:27:58] | you said no to everything… | 你们什么都不认可 |
[1:28:00] | She just said O’Biden. | 她刚说了奥拜登 |
[1:28:02] | We’re probably the only ones that heard it. | 大概只有我们注意到了 |
[1:28:04] | It was Ronald Reagan who said that freedom | 罗纳德·里根曾说过 自由的延续与毁灭 |
[1:28:06] | is always just one generation away from extinction. | 就看一代人的选择 |
[1:28:10] | We don’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. | 自由不是血脉相传的 |
[1:28:14] | We have to fight for it and protect it, | 而需要我们去争取 去捍卫 |
[1:28:18] | and then hand it to them | 将其亲手交与后辈 |
[1:28:20] | so that they will do the same. | 他们才能同样争取捍卫自由 |
[1:28:22] | We will fight for it. | 我们会为之奋斗 |
[1:28:24] | And there is only one man in this race | 而这场选举中 唯有一人 |
[1:28:27] | who has really ever fought for you, | 曾真正为你们争取过自由 |
[1:28:29] | and that’s Senator John McCain. | 那就是参议员约翰·麦凯恩 |
[1:28:37] | Okay, here we go. | 好 来了 |
[1:28:39] | CBS instant poll says undecideds | 哥伦比亚广播公司快速民意调查显示 |
[1:28:42] | give the debate to Biden, 46%; Palin, 21. | 46%调查对象认为拜登赢 佩林21% |
[1:28:46] | Fuck CBS and fuck their instant poll. | 甭管他们那个破调查 |
[1:28:48] | This is the greatest debate victory | 这是共和党有史以来 |
[1:28:50] | in the history of the Republic. | 最成功的辩论了 |
[1:28:58] | You see? You just had to be you. | 你看 只要做你自己就好了 |
[1:29:04] | I’m gonna grab a beer. | 我去拿杯啤酒 |
[1:29:06] | – Want one? – No. | -你要吗 -不用 |
[1:29:08] | Senator McCain wanted me to congratulate you | 参议员麦凯恩让我转达他对你的祝贺 |
[1:29:12] | on a fantastic debate. | 辩论很成功 |
[1:29:14] | – You really did a great job. – Thanks. | -讲得非常棒 -谢谢 |
[1:29:17] | Tell John I want to bring up Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright. | 告诉他我想谈谈比尔·埃尔斯和瑞特牧师 |
[1:29:20] | I think it’s time to go for the jugular. | 我觉得是时候锁喉一击了 |
[1:29:23] | You’ll have to discuss that with your running mate. | 这个得和竞选伙伴商量 |
[1:29:26] | He made it very clear that he doesn’t want to touch Wright. | 他明确地表示不想提到瑞特事件 |
[1:29:29] | I’ll talk to him about it. | 我会跟他说的 |
[1:29:32] | We have to win this thing. | 我们必须取胜 |
[1:29:34] | I so don’t want to go back to Alaska. | 我不想再回阿拉斯加了 |
[1:29:43] | Stevie. | 斯蒂夫 |
[1:29:45] | You know, I think the worst of this thing might be over. | 我觉得最糟的已经过去了 |
[1:29:48] | All she’s got left are speeches. | 剩下的都是演讲了 |
[1:29:49] | There’s no more debates, no major interviews. | 没有辩论 也没有重要的采访了 |
[1:29:52] | Yeah. We’re doing great. | 是 情形不错 |
[1:29:57] | This was an unbelievable win for Sarah Palin. | 莎拉·佩林不可思议地大获全胜 |
[1:30:01] | In fact, I think that it unveiled a level of skill | 我认为 她高超的演说和沟通能力 |
[1:30:05] | in communication that I really have not seen | 自罗纳德·里根之后 |
[1:30:08] | since Ronald Reagan. | 无人可及 |
[1:30:10] | She is a superstar. | 她是个超级明星 |
[1:30:12] | Her ability to by… | 她的能力… |
[1:30:14] | And she sure is a breath of fresh air. | 她无疑是政坛的一缕清风 |
[1:30:16] | I mean, I think people want | 我认为民众想要个 |
[1:30:17] | someone from outside of Washington. | 华盛顿政治圈外的人 |
[1:30:19] | She sounded like the future. | 她代表着未来 |
[1:30:20] | Come on, honey. | 睡吧 宝贝 |
[1:30:22] | Why don’t you get some sleep? | 早点休息吧 |
[1:30:23] | One sec, okay? | 就一会 好吗 |
[1:30:25] | …Turned around. I think she has done it | 逆转了局势 她做到了 |
[1:30:27] | in the sense that of the four debaters we’ve seen, | 且在我看来 4位辩手中 |
[1:30:30] | she was the most interesting, attractive of them all. | 她最有意思 最吸引人 |
[1:30:33] | – She is personable… – I can still win this thing. | -她很平易近人… -还是有胜算的 |
[1:30:36] | …She’s got a sense of humor. | …她很有幽默感 |
[1:30:38] | She looked straight into the camera | 乔一直只对着格温说话 |
[1:30:39] | while Joe’s talking to Gwen… | 她却直视镜头 |
[1:30:45] | This map is now lopsided in favor of Barack Obama. | 投票局势现倾向于奥巴马 |
[1:30:48] | John McCain pulling out of Michigan. | 约翰·麦凯恩放弃了密西根 |
[1:30:50] | The first domino in an economic debate | 走向经济竞选的第一步 |
[1:30:52] | that if John McCain does not turn around soon, | 而若约翰·麦凯恩再不扭转局势 |
[1:30:54] | we may see more blue on this map | 这张图上会有更多蓝色 |
[1:30:56] | and more trouble for John McCain. | 而约翰·麦凯恩也就麻烦大了 |
[1:30:57] | Yesterday, it was announced that the campaign | 昨天竞选团队宣称放弃密西根 |
[1:30:59] | is going to leave Michigan to Obama to win. | 把该州选票拱手让给奥巴马 |
[1:31:01] | – What’s going on there? – I read that this morning also, | -解释一下怎么回事 -我也今早才得知 |
[1:31:03] | and I fired off a quick e-mail | 我立马就发了邮件 |
[1:31:05] | and I said, “Oh, come on! Do we have to?” | 说 “拜托 不退出不行吗” |
[1:31:07] | “Do we have to call it there?” | “我们真得放弃吗” |
[1:31:08] | I want to go back to Michigan, and I want to try. | 我想回到密西根 我想尽力一试 |
[1:31:11] | What the fuck? | 怎么回事 |
[1:31:13] | McCain had hoped to just score a pick-up. | 麦凯恩本来只打算路过拉几张票 |
[1:31:15] | We made the decision to pull the ads out of Michigan | 我们决定停止密西根州的竞选宣传 |
[1:31:17] | because we can’t win there. | 因为那里没有胜算 |
[1:31:19] | We need the money in Pennsylvania and Ohio. | 我们需要把钱投入到宾州和俄亥俄州 |
[1:31:21] | You’re making a big mistake. | 你这是大错特错了 |
[1:31:24] | You know, I know I’m not an expert like yourself, | 虽说我不是专家 |
[1:31:26] | but seeing as we’re seven points out, | 但既然我们落后了7个百分点 |
[1:31:28] | I don’t see why the vice presidential campaign | 我不明白为什么副总统竞选 |
[1:31:30] | can’t make a quick stop there | 半夜路过密西根时 |
[1:31:32] | in the middle of the night. | 不能顺道造访一下 |
[1:31:33] | And who are you gonna meet with? | 那你打算去见谁 |
[1:31:35] | Your press corps doesn’t want | 你的新闻团队 |
[1:31:36] | to hear you speak at 3:00 in the morning. | 不会半夜3点听你演讲的 |
[1:31:39] | And there’s no such thing as a vice presidential campaign. | 再说也没有什么副总统竞选 |
[1:31:41] | This is John McCain’s campaign, | 只有约翰·麦凯恩的总统竞选 |
[1:31:43] | and this is the decision that John McCain has made. | 而决定也是约翰·麦凯恩做的 |
[1:31:46] | You must stick to the script, Governor. | 你得按计划来 州长 |
[1:31:49] | And what script is that, Steve? | 什么计划 斯蒂夫 |
[1:31:52] | ‘Cause I haven’t seen anything resembling | 我从加盟你们这竞选团队来 |
[1:31:54] | a script this entire flippin’ campaign. | 就没看到过什么计划 |
[1:31:58] | When you publicly contradict John McCain, | 你公开反驳约翰·麦凯恩 |
[1:32:00] | you hurt John McCain. | 会有害于他的竞选 |
[1:32:02] | I know what I know what I know. | 我知道我知道些什么 |
[1:32:09] | And there you have it. | 看见了吧 |
[1:32:13] | Afternoon, Governor. | 午安 州长 |
[1:32:15] | This is a pro-stem cell ad? | 这广告是支持干细胞研究的 |
[1:32:18] | Yes, Governor. That’s the Senator’s position. | 是的州长 参议员支持干细胞研究 |
[1:32:20] | Yeah, it’s not my position. I’m not saying it. | 但我不支持 我不说 |
[1:32:23] | I thought that… | 我以为 |
[1:32:24] | You guys should have shown me the script ahead of time. | 你们该把剧本提前给我 |
[1:32:27] | This is a waste of my time. | 真是浪费生命 |
[1:32:32] | Why wasn’t I informed that Jeb Bradley | 为什么没有人告诉我 |
[1:32:34] | is appearing with me at the rally? | 杰博·布拉德利会和我一同出席集会 |
[1:32:36] | I don’t think we foresaw that being a problem. | 我们没觉得这是个问题 |
[1:32:37] | I just googled him. He’s pro-choice. | 我查了下 他支持堕胎 |
[1:32:40] | There’s no way I’m going onstage with anyone who’s pro-choice. | 我绝不和支持堕胎的人站在一起 |
[1:32:45] | Bradley’s gone or I’m gone, period. | 有他没我 没商量 |
[1:32:48] | Yes, Governor. | 是的 州长 |
[1:32:49] | The RNC spent a stunning $150,000 | 联邦选举委员会报告指出 |
[1:32:53] | on clothes for Governor Sarah Palin and her family | 共和党花费了15万美元 |
[1:32:56] | according to the Federal Election Commission reports. | 为州长莎拉·佩林及家人购置服装 |
[1:32:58] | The revelation that so much money | 在诸如内曼·马库斯 |
[1:33:00] | was spent at fancy clothing stores | 和萨克斯第五大道精品百货店 |
[1:33:02] | like Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue | 等高档服饰店一掷千金 |
[1:33:05] | could be a huge blow to the Governor’s image | 无疑会严重损害州长 |
[1:33:07] | as an everyday, average American. | 平易近人的形象 |
[1:33:09] | Several Republican donors | 共和党几位赞助者 |
[1:33:11] | have publicly expressed outrage… | 已经公开的表达了愤慨 |
[1:33:13] | – You watching this? – Yeah, I’m watching. | -你看了吗 -是 在看 |
[1:33:16] | Un-fucking-believable. | 太他妈的难以置信了 |
[1:33:18] | Why didn’t you people tell me | 你们为什么不告诉我 |
[1:33:19] | these clothes cost this much? | 这些衣服这么贵 |
[1:33:21] | It wasn’t just your clothes, Governor. | 不只是你的衣服 州长 |
[1:33:22] | It was also for the kids, Todd and your parents. | 还有孩子们的 托德和你父母的 |
[1:33:25] | I want ’em gone. | 都拿走 |
[1:33:27] | Get ’em out of here. | 我不想要 |
[1:33:29] | You know, I buy my clothes at consignment shops. | 我都是在寄卖店买衣服的 |
[1:33:32] | I never wanted this fancy crap in the first place. | 我从来也不想要这些花里胡哨的衣服 |
[1:33:35] | Hey, thanks for coming out. | 你好 很感谢你能来 |
[1:33:37] | Hey. Hi, nice to meet you. | 你好 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[1:33:39] | – How are you? Hey, hi. – Governor Palin, | -你怎么样 你好啊 -佩林州长 |
[1:33:42] | what’s your response to the findings | 阿拉斯加州议会报告 |
[1:33:43] | that the Alaska state legislature’s report | 指出你参与州警们事件 |
[1:33:45] | on your involvement in the Troopergate scandal? | 你对此作何回应 |
[1:33:47] | I was thrilled to be cleared of all wrongdoing. | 我很高兴那份报告能还我清白 |
[1:33:49] | You know you’re not supposed to be here. | 你不该在这里 |
[1:33:51] | Go back to the press risers, please. Thank you. | 请回到记者席 谢谢 |
[1:33:53] | You can’t say you were cleared of all wrongdoing. | 你不能说报告还你清白了 |
[1:33:56] | – Why not? – Because you weren’t. | -为什么 -因为它没有 |
[1:33:58] | The report stated that you abused your power. | 那份报告说你滥用职权 |
[1:34:01] | That is the opposite of being cleared of all wrongdoing. | 和还你清白正相反 |
[1:34:04] | Then why was I told otherwise? | 那为什么别人说我清白了 |
[1:34:05] | You weren’t told otherwise. | 没人这么告诉你 |
[1:34:06] | And why haven’t you released a statement | 你们怎么还不发表声明 |
[1:34:08] | saying that Todd was never a member | 托德从来不是 |
[1:34:09] | of the Alaska Independence Party? | 阿拉斯加独立党成员 |
[1:34:10] | Because that would be untrue. He was a member. | 因为那不是事实 他是独立党成员 |
[1:34:14] | He checked the wrong box. | 他选错选项了 |
[1:34:16] | He registered by accident, | 他无意中注册的 |
[1:34:17] | and rectified the error immediately. | 并立马改正了错误 |
[1:34:19] | He was a member for seven years! | 他注册独立党7年了 |
[1:34:21] | I’m sorry, Governor, but… | 抱歉 州长 但是… |
[1:34:23] | There is only a few weeks left in this campaign. | 竞选已经接近尾声了 |
[1:34:26] | You have got to stop saying things to the press | 这几星期内 你不能再这么 |
[1:34:28] | that are blatantly untrue. | 公开欺骗媒体了 |
[1:34:29] | That is not the kind of campaign that we are running here. | 我们的竞选不能像这样下去 |
[1:34:32] | “Campaign”, is that what you’re calling this now? | “竞选” 你管这个叫竞选吗 |
[1:34:35] | Governor, I admit that this is a dysfunctional campaign, | 州长 我知道这个竞选团运作有点混乱 |
[1:34:38] | but that is what I inherited, | 但我接手时就是这样 |
[1:34:40] | and I am doing my level best to help us win this election. | 而我正在尽全力帮我们赢得竞选 |
[1:34:43] | And that’s what I’m trying to do, too, Steve | 我也在尽力 斯蒂夫 |
[1:34:44] | and all you’re doing is screwing me up. | 而你就是在拖我后腿 |
[1:34:46] | That’s all you’ve done this entire time, is get in my way. | 你一直以来就是给我捣乱 |
[1:34:51] | And I am raising millions of dollars for this campaign. | 而且我给这个竞选筹得了几百万的资金 |
[1:34:54] | Hundreds of thousands of people are coming | 上千万的人赶来 |
[1:34:56] | to see me speak, not John McCain, God bless him. | 看我演讲的 而不是看约翰·麦凯恩 |
[1:34:58] | They are coming to see me. | 他们是来看我的 |
[1:34:59] | So if I am single-handedly carrying this “campaign”, | 既然是我撑起了这个”竞选” |
[1:35:03] | I’m gonna do what I want. | 我想做什么就做什么 |
[1:35:18] | Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! | 莎拉 莎拉 |
[1:35:26] | Several McCain advisors tell CNN they’re annoyed | 麦凯恩团队几位顾问向CNN透露说 |
[1:35:30] | by what one aide called “Palin going rogue.” | 他们对”不受约束的佩林”感到很反感 |
[1:35:33] | God damn it. | 该死的 |
[1:35:35] | I hate it when there’s leaking and backstabbing | 竞选没结束就有泄密和恶意中伤了 |
[1:35:37] | after a campaign, let alone before it’s fucking over. | 结束后的中伤我都恨之入骨呢 |
[1:35:40] | I need you to step in and talk to her. | 你得出面去跟她谈谈 |
[1:35:43] | I don’t know, Stevie boy. I don’t know. | 算了吧 斯蒂夫 |
[1:35:47] | Sir… | 先生 |
[1:35:49] | I can’t control her any more. | 我控制不了她了 |
[1:35:55] | I don’t know if she’s getting on a campaign plane | 我都不知道她早上是否有心情上飞机 |
[1:35:57] | in the morning or what she’s gonna say at night. | 也不知道她晚上讲话会说什么 |
[1:35:59] | We need to finish this campaign | 我们得以尽可能高雅的姿态 |
[1:36:02] | with as much dignity as possible, | 完成整个竞选 |
[1:36:04] | and the only way that can happen | 我们要做到这一点 |
[1:36:06] | is if you get her in line. | 就得让她守规矩 |
[1:36:11] | That’s not gonna do it, Steve. | 我说也没用 斯蒂夫 |
[1:36:13] | She might start turning on me. | 她可能会直接跟我对着干 |
[1:36:28] | Most of these polls have us trailing | 大部分民意调查指出我们落后 |
[1:36:30] | five to eight points. | 5到8个百分点 |
[1:36:32] | – So what now? – John… | -那现在怎么办 -约翰 |
[1:36:34] | I mean, these numbers do show it. | 这些数字很明显了 |
[1:36:36] | We’ve got to make this about Obama. | 我们得开始针对奥巴马了 |
[1:36:39] | We’ve got to get tough | 得开始攻击他 |
[1:36:41] | and we’ve got to get negative. | 开始负面竞选了 |
[1:36:43] | If we go this way, | 如果这样 |
[1:36:45] | Reverend Wright is still the best play we have. | 瑞特牧师是我们手上最好的牌了 |
[1:36:50] | Any of you ever been accused | 你们谁被指控过 |
[1:36:50] | 麦凯恩最小的女儿布里吉特领养自孟加拉国 2000年凯恩角逐共和党总统候选人提名时 布什阵营问”如果你们知道麦凯恩曾和妓女生下一个黑人私生女 你还会投票给他吗” | |
[1:36:53] | of having a negro child out of wedlock | 你的黑鬼孩子是私生女吗 |
[1:36:57] | because your adopted daughter was born in Bangladesh? | 就因为你的养女是孟加拉裔 |
[1:37:02] | And then when she was 16 | 在她16岁时 |
[1:37:03] | and googled her name, I had to explain to her | 在谷歌上搜了自己的名字 我得给她解释 |
[1:37:07] | why President Bush’s henchmen called her a bastard | 为什么她10岁的时候 布什总统的二把手 |
[1:37:10] | when she was 10 years old. | 就骂她是私生子 |
[1:37:13] | Yeah, listen, South Carolina– that was an ugly primary, | 听我说 南卡州的初选是挺恶心的 |
[1:37:16] | but this isn’t the same thing. | 但这不是一码事 |
[1:37:18] | I mean, Reverend Wright really did say those things. | 瑞特牧师的确说了那些话 |
[1:37:20] | That may be true. | 那也许是事实 |
[1:37:23] | But there is a dark side to American populism. | 但美国民众心里也有阴暗面 |
[1:37:26] | Some people win elections by tapping into it. | 有些人靠伎俩赢得选举 |
[1:37:31] | I’m not one of those people. | 我不会这么做 |
[1:37:34] | Okay. So what about Bill Ayers? | 好吧 比尔·埃尔斯怎么样 |
[1:37:38] | Obama began his career | 奥巴马的政途 |
[1:37:40] | in the living room of a domestic terrorist. | 始于国内恐怖分子的起居室 |
[1:37:43] | Domestic terrorist. Nothing to do with race. | 国内恐怖分子 和种族无关 |
[1:37:52] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[1:37:54] | Ayers is fair. | 埃尔斯可以用 |
[1:37:57] | Okay. Who should do this? | 好吧 谁来说 |
[1:37:59] | And Barack held one of the first meetings | 巴拉克政途的首次会议 |
[1:38:02] | of his political career in Bill Ayers’ living room. | 是在比尔·埃尔斯的起居室开的 |
[1:38:08] | Pallin’ around with terrorists. | 和恐怖分子打成一团 |
[1:38:13] | He’s not a Christian! | 他不是基督徒 |
[1:38:14] | And I am just so fearful | 我很忧心 |
[1:38:17] | that this is not a man | 这一位候选人 |
[1:38:19] | who sees America | 对美国的看法 |
[1:38:22] | the way that you and I see America… | 与你我都不同 |
[1:38:26] | He’s a socialist! | 他搞共产主义 |
[1:38:27] | …as the greatest source for good in this world. | 而我们把美国看做世界上善良的源泉 |
[1:38:36] | U.S.A.! U.S.A.! | 美利坚 美利坚 |
[1:38:38] | U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! | 美利坚 美利坚 |
[1:38:41] | What does Barack Obama plan for America? | 巴拉克·奥巴马为美国做了什么打算 |
[1:38:44] | Nothing! | 没有 |
[1:38:46] | In short, who is the real Barack Obama? | 总结下 奥巴马到底是什么人 |
[1:38:49] | A terrorist! | 恐怖分子 |
[1:38:52] | We believe that the best of America | 我们相信 美国的精英 |
[1:38:54] | is not all in Washington, D. C. We believe– | 不全在华盛顿 我们相信 |
[1:39:02] | we believe that the best of America | 我们相信美国的精髓 |
[1:39:05] | is in these small towns that we get to visit | 正是在我们到的这些小镇里 |
[1:39:08] | and in these wonderful little pockets | 这些美丽的小地方 |
[1:39:10] | of what I call the real America. | 才是真正的美国 |
[1:39:13] | Yes! | 说得好 |
[1:39:16] | Sarah! Sarah! | 萨拉 萨拉 |
[1:39:25] | For a man who’s written two memoirs, | 作为写了两本传记的人 |
[1:39:28] | he’s no open book. | 他可不是那么好看懂的 |
[1:39:29] | You got that right. | 这你可说对了 |
[1:39:32] | What does Barack Obama see for America? | 巴拉克·奥巴马想为美国做什么 |
[1:39:34] | He’s a Muslim! | 他是个穆斯林 |
[1:39:36] | He’s a socialist! | 他搞社会主义 |
[1:39:37] | – He doesn’t represent us! – He doesn’t belong here! | -他不能代表我们 -他不属于这里 |
[1:39:40] | He hangs out with people who hate our country. | 他和痛恨我们国家的人在一起混 |
[1:39:42] | – He’s not American! – Kill him! | -他不是美国人 -杀了他 |
[1:39:45] | Send him back to Africa! | 把他赶回非洲去 |
[1:39:48] | Let me read to you, Tara, | 塔拉 我给你读一下 |
[1:39:50] | what Congressman John Lewis, the civil rights icon, | 约翰·路易斯众议员 民权偶像人物 |
[1:39:53] | said on Saturday in a statement. | 在周六发表的声明 |
[1:39:56] | He said, “As one who was a victim of violence” | 他说 作为一位在民权运动高峰 |
[1:39:58] | and hate during the height of the civil rights movement, | 历经暴力与憎恨的人 |
[1:40:01] | I am deeply disturbed by the negative tone | 我很担忧目前来自麦凯恩-佩林阵营 |
[1:40:03] | of the McCain-Palin campaign. | 的负面声音 |
[1:40:05] | Senator McCain and Governor Palin”… | 麦凯恩参议员与佩林州长 |
[1:40:07] | We gotta tone the rhetoric down. | 我们不能再这么骂他了 |
[1:40:08] | It’s gotten out of control. | 要失去控制了 |
[1:40:10] | We can’t even mention Obama’s name any more. | 我们都不能提奥巴马的名字了 |
[1:40:14] | The crowd gets too hot. | 不然要群情激奋了 |
[1:40:19] | This isn’t the campaign I wanted to run. | 我不想这样竞选 |
[1:40:24] | I can’t trust Obama. | 我无法相信奥巴马 |
[1:40:26] | I’ve read about him, and he’s not a– | 我读过关于他的事 他不是… |
[1:40:28] | he’s a– he’s an Arab. | 他是…他是阿拉伯人 |
[1:40:31] | He’s not an Amer– | 他都算不上美国… |
[1:40:32] | No, Ma’am. | 不 您错了 |
[1:40:35] | No, Ma’am. | 您说错了 |
[1:40:36] | He’s a decent family-man citizen | 他是有家庭的正直的男人 |
[1:40:39] | who I just happen to have disagreements with | 我与他不过是在一些方面 |
[1:40:41] | on certain fundamental issues. | 政见不合而已 |
[1:40:44] | And that’s what this campaign is all about. | 此次竞选也正是为此 并无其他 |
[1:40:47] | He’s not. Thank you. | 他是个好人 谢谢您 |
[1:40:51] | Cutting through the bull tonight, | 从今晚的大好局势来看 |
[1:40:52] | on the eve of the election, | 在大选前夕 |
[1:40:54] | the campaigns are relying on their lucky charms. | 双方都在赌自己的运气 |
[1:40:57] | Vodka rocks, lime. | 来杯加冰的伏特加 配莱姆汁 |
[1:40:59] | You got it. | 稍等 这就好 |
[1:41:00] | How’s he doing? | 他还好吗 |
[1:41:02] | He’s the most depressed I’ve seen him the entire campaign. | 自竞选以来 我从没看到他如此沮丧过 |
[1:41:05] | I can’t get him to stop watching MSNBC, | 我都没法让他别看MSNBC |
[1:41:08] | which only makes him more miserable. | 他越看心里越不爽 |
[1:41:12] | I’m amazed that someone who has been in politics | 我很惊讶他这样的政坛老手 |
[1:41:16] | this long takes all the petty stuff | 也会把这些琐碎的小事 |
[1:41:19] | so personally. | 放在心上 |
[1:41:20] | And that’s why they are who they are. | 也正是这种性格成就了他们 |
[1:41:23] | that’s Reagan, Bush, Clinton– | 里根 布什 克林顿 都是如此 |
[1:41:25] | all they want is to be loved. | 他们期望讨所有人的欢心 |
[1:41:27] | The ones that don’t pathologically need to be loved, | 对于民众的爱无欲无求的人 |
[1:41:30] | they don’t get the nomination. | 无法成为总统候选人 |
[1:41:31] | They don’t get to be President. | 也无法成为总统 |
[1:41:33] | If you’d understood that fact, | 你要是早知道这点 |
[1:41:35] | you might have been able | 说不定你就有本事 |
[1:41:36] | to better handle our Alaskan moose hunter. | 驾驭这位阿拉斯加的麋鹿猎手 |
[1:41:39] | God, it was a tough campaign. | 我的天 这真是一场艰难的竞选 |
[1:41:42] | It wasn’t a campaign, it was a bad reality show. | 这不是竞选 这是一场糟糕的真人秀 |
[1:41:45] | She didn’t cost us the election. | 她并没有拉低我们的选票 |
[1:41:47] | That was Bush. That was the economy. | 布什 经济状况 这些才是问题关键 |
[1:41:50] | That was just the cold hand of fate. | 命数已定 |
[1:41:52] | We didn’t have a chance. | 我们已经没有机会了 |
[1:41:54] | And if we did win, | 如果我们胜选的话 |
[1:41:56] | would you feel comfortable with President Palin? | 你能接受佩林总统么 |
[1:42:00] | Why not? Then we would have won. | 当然可以 要能接受不就赢了 |
[1:42:04] | Come on, guys, listen. | 听着 伙计们 |
[1:42:05] | I, too, wish that the American people | 我也希望美国公民能够选出下一位 |
[1:42:08] | would choose the future Abraham Lincoln | 阿伯拉罕·林肯或 |
[1:42:10] | or Thomas Jefferson, but unfortunately, | 下一位托马斯·杰弗逊 可不幸的是 |
[1:42:12] | that’s not the way it works any more. | 游戏规则已经变了 |
[1:42:14] | Now it takes movie star charisma | 你现在得靠自己的 |
[1:42:17] | to get elected president. | 明星光环来赢得竞选 |
[1:42:19] | And Obama and Palin, that’s what they are– they’re stars. | 奥巴马和佩林 他们就是明星 |
[1:42:23] | Primary difference being | 而他们的根本区别在于 |
[1:42:25] | Sarah Palin can’t name a supreme court decision, | 萨拉·佩林连个高等法院案例都说不出来 |
[1:42:28] | whereas Barack Obama | 而巴拉克·奥巴马 |
[1:42:30] | was a constitutional law Professor. | 曾经是一位宪法教授 |
[1:42:32] | Fuck you. | 你去死吧 |
[1:42:39] | You know what Dick Cheney said | 你知道切尼那家伙知道 |
[1:42:41] | – when he found out we picked her? – What? | -我们选了她以后说啥了吗 -什么 |
[1:42:43] | He said we made a reckless choice. | 他说我们太不计后果了 |
[1:42:46] | When you lose the moral high ground to Dick Cheney, | 如果连切尼都开始觉得你有问题的话 |
[1:42:51] | it’s time to re-think your entire life. | 你真该好好反思人生了 |
[1:42:53] | Enough Cheney cracks, okay? | 别再提切尼了行吗 |
[1:42:55] | I mean, he’s very misunderstood. | 大家一直都误解他 |
[1:42:58] | How does he eat when he’s wearing | 我一直很费解 |
[1:42:59] | Darth Vader’s helmet, anyway? | 他怎么戴着黑武士的头盔吃东西呢 |
[1:43:03] | There we go. | 这样才对嘛 |
[1:43:04] | Gentlemen, let’s wish each other good luck. | 伙计们 让我们祝彼此好运吧 |
[1:43:07] | Who knows, we could have another | 天知道我们是不是要应对一场 |
[1:43:09] | Dewey-Truman situation here. | 杜威对垒杜鲁门式的竞选呢 |
[1:43:11] | Always room for an upset. | 要郁闷以后有的是时间 |
[1:43:13] | Yeah, maybe I’ll wake up with a full head of hair. | 是啊 没准明早我会长出满头黑发 |
[1:43:19] | You know, if we had just asked for policy questions | 如果我们一开始问了她政策问题的话 |
[1:43:22] | in the briefing, then we would have known. | 我们就能心里有数 |
[1:43:25] | I thought Culvahouse was gonna grill her during the vet. | 我以为库尔华豪斯会刁难她呢 |
[1:43:27] | Culvahouse thought we were gonna grill her. | 库尔华豪斯还以为我们会刁难她呢 |
[1:43:31] | It haunts me. | 我非常纠结 |
[1:43:37] | After a hard-fought battle, | 在一场艰难的对垒之后 |
[1:43:40] | the nation’s longest-running presidential race | 有史以来持续时间最长的一次总统竞选 |
[1:43:43] | comes down to this day– election day. | 将在今天落下帷幕 选举日终于到来 |
[1:43:45] | Voting is now underway in all the lower 48 states | 投票已经在48个州正式全面展开 |
[1:43:49] | as we approach the end of this historic election. | 这场历史性选举的胜负即将见分晓 |
[1:43:51] | People lined up across the country | 数百万的美国人今天都走上了街头 |
[1:43:54] | by the millions today. | 排队等着投票 |
[1:43:56] | Turnout looks to be the highest in decades. | 这是近几十年来参与投票人数最多的一次 |
[1:43:58] | John McCain will carry Kentucky once again, as expected. | 约翰·麦凯恩如期拿下了肯塔基州 |
[1:44:02] | Eight electoral votes, not a huge surprise. | 共八张选举人票 我们对此并不意外 |
[1:44:05] | We are not able to make a projection | 截止到目前为止 还有另外四个州的 |
[1:44:08] | in the four other states… | 投票已经全部结束 |
[1:44:10] | that are closing all their polls | 但是我们还无法对这四个州的 |
[1:44:12] | at this hour right now. | 投票结果做出预测 |
[1:44:14] | And some of them are battleground states– | 这几个州也是竞选过程中竞争最为激烈的 |
[1:44:16] | Georgia, Indiana, | 佐治亚州 印第安纳州 |
[1:44:17] | South Carolina and Virginia. | 南卡莱罗纳州和弗吉尼亚州 |
[1:44:19] | It doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s gonna be close or not… | 当然这并不意味选情会很胶着 |
[1:44:22] | Where’s Virginia? | 弗吉尼亚州情况如何 |
[1:44:25] | Negative five. And Ohio’s gone. | 落后五个点 俄亥俄州已经失选了 |
[1:44:29] | – Got it. – I’ll keep you posted. | -明白 -我会随时汇报给你 |
[1:44:31] | Call you in 10. | 我过十分钟再打给你 |
[1:44:34] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[1:44:36] | We’re gonna lose Pennsylvania. | 宾州要失选了 |
[1:44:38] | And Ohio. | 俄亥俄州也是 |
[1:44:42] | Steve… | 斯蒂夫 |
[1:44:44] | There’s something I have to tell you. | 有件事我必须告诉你 |
[1:44:48] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[1:44:51] | I didn’t vote. | 我没投票 |
[1:44:53] | I couldn’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[1:44:56] | I didn’t vote. | 我没有投票 |
[1:45:01] | I couldn’t do it. | 我真的做不到 |
[1:45:03] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[1:45:05] | – Soledad. – All right, wolf, | -孤独啊 -好的 我们接下来 |
[1:45:06] | we’ll take you right to the voter analysis… | 马上进行选民分析 |
[1:45:10] | How we doing, Stevie boy? | 情况怎么样 斯蒂夫 |
[1:45:16] | We lost Pennsylvania and Ohio, sir. | 宾州和俄亥俄州已经失选了 |
[1:45:37] | When my grandfather found out that the Japanese had surrendered, | 当年我的祖父在听说日本已经投降之后 |
[1:45:45] | he was lost. | 他不知所措 |
[1:45:47] | He didn’t know what to do with himself. | 他不知道自己接下来该怎么办 |
[1:45:50] | He came home, | 他回到家里 |
[1:45:53] | dropped dead the very next day. | 第二天便暴毙而亡 |
[1:45:58] | Fought his war, then he died. | 全力战斗 慷慨赴死 |
[1:46:03] | And my dad, | 我的父亲 |
[1:46:05] | when he retired from the Navy, | 自他从海军退役后 |
[1:46:09] | he fell into a sense of despair for the rest of his life. | 就陷入了深深的绝望 |
[1:46:21] | I’m never gonna quit, Steve. | 我是不会放弃的 斯蒂夫 |
[1:46:25] | I can’t. | 我不能放弃 |
[1:46:30] | I don’t know how to just fade away. | 我不知道应该怎样淡出政坛 |
[1:46:35] | Senator, I– | 参议员 我… |
[1:46:37] | I just want to say– | 我只想告诉您… |
[1:46:46] | What? | 什么 |
[1:46:50] | I’m s– I’m s– | 我…我… |
[1:46:52] | I’m so sorry that I… | 我真的非常抱歉 |
[1:46:56] | suggested her. | 我举荐了她 |
[1:47:01] | Don’t be. | 不用愧疚 |
[1:47:04] | Fuck ’em. | 去他们的吧 |
[1:47:07] | What were we supposed to do? | 我们还能怎么办呢 |
[1:47:10] | A truly historic night here in the United States. | 今夜对于整个美国来说具有历史性的意义 |
[1:47:13] | Barack Obama will become | 巴拉克·奥巴马 |
[1:47:14] | the 44th President of the United States. | 将成为美国的第44任总统 |
[1:47:17] | Sorry, mom. | 我很遗憾 妈妈 |
[1:47:19] | Oh, thanks, kiddo. | 谢谢你 孩子 |
[1:47:20] | I’m really sorry, mom. | 我真的非常遗憾 妈妈 |
[1:47:23] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[1:47:25] | You did great. You know that, right? | 你知道吗 你真的棒极了 |
[1:47:29] | Come here, baby. | 宝宝快到妈妈这儿来 |
[1:47:31] | It’s all right. We’re okay. Yeah. | 这没什么大不了的 我们会没事的 |
[1:47:36] | I’ll take the stress very literally here. | 我想着重强调这一段 |
[1:47:40] | Just one quick– you think? | 就顺便提一句 你觉得呢 |
[1:47:42] | And on this next part, would you make sure you bold that? | 还有接下来这个部分 麻烦用粗体标明 |
[1:47:45] | Oh, Chris, I need you to load this in the teleprompter for me. | 克里斯 帮我把这个输入到提词器里去 |
[1:47:48] | Steve Schmidt told me you weren’t making a speech. | 斯蒂夫·施密特说你不用发表演说 |
[1:47:50] | No. I am making a speech. | 不 我要发表演说 |
[1:47:53] | Scully cleared it with Rick Davis. | 斯库里已经跟里克·戴维斯说好了 |
[1:47:55] | So just go ahead and load it, okay? | 快点帮我输入到提词器里去 好吗 |
[1:47:57] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:48:02] | Okay, so, on the stress on this one, I’ll take it. | 好的 记得着重强调这一点 |
[1:48:06] | – Jesus! – Hey, sorry. | -天哪 -抱歉 |
[1:48:08] | Steve, I’m getting a bunch of mixed messages here. | 斯蒂夫 我现在有点混乱 |
[1:48:10] | Is the Governor giving a concession speech or not– | 州长她到底要不要做败选演讲呢 |
[1:48:12] | I’ve already said this five times already. | 我已经说过五遍了 |
[1:48:15] | She is not giving a speech. | 她不需要做演讲 |
[1:48:17] | Well, she seems to think otherwise. | 她好像并不这么认为 |
[1:48:18] | Well, she’s not. | 轮不到她说话 |
[1:48:20] | What do you want me to tell her? | 那你希望我怎么跟她说呢 |
[1:48:22] | Tell her she’s not fucking speaking! | 就跟她说她用不着上台演讲 |
[1:48:25] | Okay, well, you both seem pretty certain– | 可是你们俩都挺有决心的… |
[1:48:27] | well, let my certainty supersede her certainty. | 我的决心大于她的决心 |
[1:48:29] | God damn it! | 该死的 |
[1:48:35] | Steve. | 斯蒂夫 |
[1:48:37] | You want to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[1:48:39] | Yes. This way. | 是的 这边请 |
[1:48:49] | Excuse us a moment. | 抱歉 |
[1:48:58] | I understand you’ve prepared a speech. Is that correct? | 我听说你准备发表演说 |
[1:49:01] | Yes, I have. I want to salute John | 是的 我想对约翰为这个国家 |
[1:49:04] | for everything he’s done for this country. | 所做的一切致以敬意 |
[1:49:06] | It’s not going to happen. You’re not giving a speech. | 不行 你不能上台做演讲 |
[1:49:09] | And why is that, Steve? | 为什么呢 斯蒂夫 |
[1:49:11] | You’re not giving a speech | 你不能上台演讲 |
[1:49:13] | because the vice presidential candidate | 因为副总统的候选人从未 |
[1:49:15] | has never given a concession speech on election night. | 在选举日当晚做败选演讲 |
[1:49:19] | It’s not about you. | 选举结束不是关于你 |
[1:49:20] | It’s about the country. | 而是关于整个国家 |
[1:49:23] | Yeah, well, there’s a lot of things never been done before. | 可是凡事总有第一次 |
[1:49:28] | Governor… | 州长同志 |
[1:49:29] | This country has just elected the first | 就在今天 美国选出了 |
[1:49:31] | African- American president in the history of its existence. | 历史上第一位黑人总统 |
[1:49:36] | And it is the concession speech | 这场败选演讲 |
[1:49:38] | that will legitimize his succession as commander in chief. | 将正式承认结果的合法性 |
[1:49:41] | It is a serious and solemn occasion, | 这场演讲异常庄重严肃 |
[1:49:44] | and John McCain, and only John McCain, | 约翰·麦凯恩 只有约翰·麦凯恩 |
[1:49:46] | will be giving this sacred speech. | 才有资格发表这个演讲 |
[1:49:50] | This is how it has been done in every presidential election | 自美利坚合众国成立的那一刻起 |
[1:49:51] | in every presidential election since the dawn of the Republic, | 总统竞选的规则就是如此 |
[1:49:55] | and you, Sarah Palin, | 而你 萨拉·佩林 |
[1:49:57] | will not change the importance | 你对于这一伟大的美国传统 |
[1:49:59] | of this proud American tradition. | 只能遵守 不能改变 |
[1:50:14] | “We fought– we fought as hard as we could.” | “我们已经尽了全力去战斗” |
[1:50:18] | “And though we feel short,” | “虽然最终结果令我们矮人一头” |
[1:50:20] | “The fail– the failure is mine.” | “但这只是我的失败” |
[1:50:22] | Oh, jeez, no– | 老天 别这么说… |
[1:50:24] | I don’t feel that short, Mark. | 马克 我并没觉得我矮啊 |
[1:50:26] | “Fell short,” Boss. | “深感惭愧” 老大 |
[1:50:28] | Yeah, thanks. | 是啊 真是多谢了 |
[1:50:30] | “Fell short.” It’s a typo. | “深感惭愧” 打错了 |
[1:50:31] | – John. – Hi, Sarah. | -约翰 -萨拉 |
[1:50:36] | Well, we fought the good fight. | 我们虽败犹荣 |
[1:50:39] | Mm-hmm, we did. | 没错 |
[1:50:42] | Now I’m just gonna get out there and thank America. | 现在让我去好好感谢一下我们的国家吧 |
[1:50:45] | I can’t wait to get out there and thank you. | 我已经等不及要对你献上我崇高的敬意了 |
[1:50:48] | I have a speech written that is a real tribute to ya. | 我为你写了一份发自肺腑的颂词 |
[1:50:52] | No, I think these guys have that covered. | 不用了 我想他们已经安排好了 |
[1:50:56] | Right, Steve? | 对吗 斯蒂夫 |
[1:50:57] | Yes, sir. We have it covered. | 是的 我们已经搞定了 |
[1:50:59] | I just wanted people to know what a great man you are. | 我只是想让大家都看看你是一个多棒的人 |
[1:51:02] | I appreciate that, | 谢谢你 |
[1:51:03] | but these guys got it all worked out. | 但是他们已经安排好了 |
[1:51:06] | Yeah, you know, we probably should get going now, sir, so… | 我们该走了 先生 |
[1:51:10] | All right. Good. | 好的 |
[1:51:14] | Okay. We’ll see you afterwards. | 那我们过会儿见了 |
[1:51:16] | I’ll see you out there. | 期待你精彩的演讲 |
[1:51:29] | You’re one of the leaders of the party now, Sarah. | 你现在已经是共和党的领袖了 萨拉 |
[1:51:32] | Don’t get co-opted by Limbaugh and the other extremists. | 你不能被像林博这样的极端分子打倒 |
[1:51:37] | They’ll destroy the party if you let them. | 一旦你退让 他们将会毁掉整个政党 |
[1:51:41] | Remember, you’re a hockey mom. | 别忘了 你是个冰球妈妈 |
[1:51:43] | You just wanted to make a difference, | 你只不过是想做出一些改变 |
[1:51:45] | and you did. | 而你的确做到了 |
[1:51:47] | A big, huge difference. | 你为我们带来了一场巨大的变革 |
[1:51:49] | I’ll always be grateful. Thank you. | 为此我将永远心怀感激 谢谢你 |
[1:51:51] | – We should go, sir. – Thank you, John. | -该走了 先生 -谢谢你 约翰 |
[1:52:05] | My friends, we have– | 我亲爱的朋友们 我们… |
[1:52:08] | we have come to the end of a long journey. | 我们已经携手走到了这段征程的尽头 |
[1:52:13] | The American people have spoken, | 美国人民发出了自己的声音 |
[1:52:15] | and they have spoken clearly. | 这声音是如此的清晰响亮 |
[1:52:18] | A little while ago, I had the honor | 就在刚才 很荣幸 |
[1:52:20] | of calling Senator Barack Obama… | 我给巴拉克·奥巴马参议员打了个电话 |
[1:52:22] | to congrat– | 向他… |
[1:52:24] | please. | 别这样 |
[1:52:26] | To congratulate him on being elected | 向他当选为我们彼此都深爱的美国的 |
[1:52:28] | the next president of the country we both love. | 下一任总统而表示祝贺 |
[1:52:35] | Whatever our differences, | 不管我们之前有什么分歧 |
[1:52:38] | we are fellow Americans. | 我们都同为美国人 |
[1:52:40] | Yes, sir! | 您说的对 |
[1:52:43] | I am so deeply grateful to all of you | 你们对我的支持 你们为我所做的一切 |
[1:52:46] | for the great honor of your support and all you have done for me. | 我将永远铭记在心 并心怀感激 |
[1:52:52] | I am also, of course, | 当然 |
[1:52:54] | very thankful to Governor Sarah Palin, | 我还想对萨拉·佩林州长表示由衷的感谢 |
[1:52:57] | one of the best campaigners I have ever seen. | 她是我见过的最好的竞选人之一 |
[1:53:04] | Still think she’s fit for office? | 你还是认为她能胜任吗 |
[1:53:07] | Eh, who cares? | 谁在乎呢 |
[1:53:08] | In 48 hours, no one will even remember who she is. | 48个小时之后 没有人会记得她是谁 |
[1:53:10] | We can all look forward with great interest | 我们期待她在阿拉斯加州能大展拳脚 |
[1:53:13] | to her future service to Alaska, | 也期待她能为共和党 为整个国家 |
[1:53:15] | the Republican party and our country. | 做出更大的贡献 |
[1:53:26] | Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! | 萨拉 萨拉 萨拉 |
[1:53:46] | There were numerous instances of her saying things | 她确实犯过不少错误 |
[1:53:50] | that were not accurate that opened the door to criticism | 这些错误不仅会让人质疑她的诚信 |
[1:53:53] | that she was being untruthful and inaccurate. | 也将授予那些批评她的人以话柄 |
[1:53:56] | And I think that is something that continues to this day. | 我认为她现在仍然在继续这种错误 |
[1:54:00] | And you think that’s fair criticism? | 你认为那些批评都是公正的吗 |
[1:54:02] | I think that’s fair criticism. | 是 我认为那些批评是公正的 |
[1:54:03] | Early on, though, you apparently said she doesn’t know anything. | 可是早前你就说过她什么都不懂 |
[1:54:07] | In the immediate aftermath of her selection, | 在她参选之后 |
[1:54:09] | it was clear to us that we… | 我们很快就发现… |
[1:54:13] | had a lot of work to do. | 发现我们有很多工作要做 |
[1:54:15] | For you, picking Sarah Palin was about winning an election, | 对你而言 选择萨拉·佩林是考虑赢得选举 |
[1:54:18] | not necessarily about | 而不是考虑 |
[1:54:21] | who’s gonna be best as vice president. | 副总统的最佳人选 |
[1:54:23] | My job is to give political advice. | 我的职责是提出政治建议 |
[1:54:26] | We needed to do something bold | 为了赢得选举 |
[1:54:28] | to try to win the race. | 需要兵行险招 |
[1:54:30] | If you had it to do over again, | 如果能重新来过 |
[1:54:32] | would you have her on the ticket? | 你还会挑选她作为竞选搭档吗 |
[1:54:38] | You don’t get to go back in time, Anderson, | 世上没有后悔药 安德森 |
[1:54:42] | and– and have do-overs in life. | 人生没有重来的机会 |
[1:54:48] | ? God bless America again ? | *天佑美利坚* |
[1:54:56] | ? You see all the trouble that she’s in ? | *主啊 当你看见她深陷困苦* |
[1:55:05] | ? Wash her pretty face ? | *请拂去她脸上的尘土* |
[1:55:09] | ? Dry her eyes and then ? | *拭去她眼中的泪水* |
[1:55:13] | ? God bless America again ? | *主啊 请永远庇佑美利坚* |
[1:55:22] | ? God bless America again ? | *天佑美利坚* |
[1:55:29] | ? You see all the trouble that she’s in ? | *当你看见她深陷困苦* |
[1:55:38] | ? Wash her pretty face ? | *请拂去她脸上的尘土* |
[1:55:41] | ? Dry her eyes and then ? | *拭去她眼中的泪水* |
[1:55:46] | ? God bless America again ? | *天佑美利坚* |
[1:55:54] | ? Wash her pretty face ? | *请拂去她脸上的尘土* |
[1:55:58] | ? Dry her eyes and then ? | *拭去她眼中的泪水* |
[1:56:02] | ? God bless America again. ? | *主啊 请永远庇佑美利坚* |