时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | – Previously on “Felicity”, – You found your birth mom?. | |
[00:04] | Yes. I have been looking for her for so long. | 是的 我已经找了很久了 |
[00:06] | Dear Carole, | 亲爱的Carole |
[00:09] | My name is Julie Emrick. | 我叫Julie Emrick |
[00:11] | I was born March 1 Oth 1980 in New York | 我生于1980年3月10日 |
[00:14] | at the Columbia Presbyterian Hospital. | 出生在纽约的 哥伦比亚教会医院 |
[00:18] | I believe I’m your daughter. | 我相信我是你的女儿 |
[00:21] | I’m sure the kiss I saw between Blair and Tara wasn’t a mistake. | 我肯定Blair和Tara 接吻不是意外 |
[00:44] | Come in. | 请进 我找Felicity Porter 过来 帮我下 |
[00:46] | I’m looking for Felicity Porter. | |
[00:49] | Come here. Help me with this. | |
[00:53] | Hold the ice cube against my nostril. | 把这个冰块顶在我的鼻孔上 |
[00:56] | She’s not here. | |
[00:57] | Don’t touch my nose with your hand. | 她不在 手不要碰到我的鼻子 我可不想被感染 |
[01:00] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:02] | Do you know where she might be?. | 你知道她在哪里吗? 把冰块拿开 很好… 她很快就会回来吗? 看看这个! |
[01:05] | Remove the ice. | |
[01:11] | Yeah. | |
[01:13] | So are you expecting her soon?. | |
[01:17] | Look at that! | |
[01:20] | It’s in. I can’t even feel it. | 插进去了 我一点感觉都没有 |
[01:22] | That’s the first time I’ve said that. | 人生初体验 |
[01:27] | Have you seen Felicity… | 有看见Felicity吗? |
[01:31] | You know what, Mr Resident Advisor?. | 知道吗? 宿舍辅导员先生 |
[01:33] | I’ve better things to do than keep track of her. | 比起看着我的室友 我有更好的事情要做 – 很显然 – 你是宿舍辅导员? 是的 你是… 来给Meghan打鼻洞的? 不 我叫Todd Mulcahy 是Felicity的老朋友 – 嗨 我叫Noel Crane – 很高兴见到你 |
[01:36] | – Obviously. – You’re the resident advisor?. | |
[01:38] | Yeah. And you’re… Meghan’s piercer?. | |
[01:41] | No, I’m Todd Mulcahy. Old friend of Felicity’s. | |
[01:46] | – Hi. I’m Noel Crane. – Good to meet you. | |
[01:49] | Can I leave a message for Felicity?. | 我能给Felicity留个口信么? |
[01:51] | I guess. If you know how. | 如果你知道怎么留的话… |
[01:55] | You just visiting?. | 你只是来拜访的? |
[01:57] | Actually Felicity was my first crush. | 其实Felicity是我的初恋 我也是她的初恋 真的? |
[02:01] | And I was hers. | |
[02:03] | Really?. | |
[02:04] | I was visiting in Palo Alto over Christmas | 圣诞节的时候 我在帕洛阿尔托做客 |
[02:08] | and ran into her at a supermarket. | 在超市里碰到了她 你到纽约来看望Felicity? |
[02:12] | So you came to New York to see Felicity?. | |
[02:19] | I came to kiss her. | 我是来亲她的 |
[02:21] | You what?. | 什么? 小时候我们差点 就接吻了 可惜没有 |
[02:23] | We almost kissed when we were kids, but we never did. | |
[02:26] | I just need to know what it feeIs like, and… | 我想知道那种感觉 |
[02:29] | I think she does too. | 她肯定也想 |
[02:32] | Well, I think you guys would make a perfect couple. | 我觉得你们俩很般配 谢谢 |
[02:35] | Thanks. | |
[02:37] | I meant you two. | 我指你们俩 |
[03:26] | Dear Sally, | 亲爱的Sally |
[03:27] | Have you wanted anything so badly that you do superstitious things | 你有曾为了得到想要 的东西而迷信过吗? |
[03:33] | like holding your breath till the second hand gets to the 12 | 比如为了求得好运 |
[03:36] | just for good luck?. | 会屏住呼吸直到秒针走到12点 |
[03:39] | There’s this seminar taught by Dr McGrath, who’s sort of legendary, | 有个McGrath开授的研讨班 他是个传奇人物 他是参与人类基因组研究 工程的一位遗传学家 |
[03:43] | He’s a geneticist on the human genome project, | |
[03:47] | He was an editor of the “New England Journal Of Medicine”, | 还是<新英格兰医学期刊>的编辑 |
[03:50] | You do well, you get published, | 你的论文写得好 就可以在上面发表 |
[03:52] | You get published under him, you can get into any medical school, | 只要有论文被他发表过 你就可以进任何一所医学院 |
[03:58] | Every year, 200 students apply for the seminar, | 每年都有200个学生申请这个研讨班 |
[04:02] | Only ten get accepted, | 但只有10个能进去 那么 星期四下午3点 |
[04:04] | So, Thursday, three o’clock, I will be giving an exam | |
[04:08] | on advanced research methodology. | 将会有个针对 高级研究方法论的考试 |
[04:11] | I will interview those of you with the 20 top scores | 前20名可以进入面试 到时候我会做最后的甄选 |
[04:15] | and I will make my final selection. | |
[04:19] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[04:23] | When I told my dad about this seminar, | 我把这个研讨班 跟我爸说了 |
[04:25] | he said, in a classic my dad-ism, | 他用他那”老爸主义”语气说道 |
[04:28] | that getting that seminar is “monumentally important”, | 考进这个研讨班 是”历史性的跨越” |
[04:33] | T odd Mulcahy. | – 你怎么知道Todd Mulcahy的? – 我刚跟他见过面 |
[04:36] | – How do you know Todd Mulcahy?. – I just met him. | |
[04:39] | – What?. – He was in your room. Who is he?. | – 什么? – 他来过你的房间 他是谁? |
[04:43] | He’s just this funny guy I knew from summer school. | 只是个在暑期班认识的家伙 |
[04:46] | He was in my room?. What was he doing in my room?. | 他去过我的房间? 他去我房间做什么? |
[04:53] | “Felicity, guess who”‘ | “Felicity 猜猜我是谁” |
[04:54] | “Guess. I’ll give you a hint”‘ | “快点 猜一下 给你点提示” |
[04:57] | “T dash dash dash Mulcahy”‘ | |
[05:00] | “I’m staying at the Hotel Rocquemore. Call me. It’s urgent”‘ | “我住在Rocquemore旅馆 打电话给我 有急事” 很显然 这个T_ _ _ 是跑来纽约亲你的 你圣诞节时见过他? |
[05:04] | Apparently T dash dash dash came to New York to kiss you. | |
[05:08] | My next question: you saw him over Christmas?. | |
[05:11] | Yeah. I ran into him at a supermarket. | 是的 在超市里碰到的 他说他是来这里亲我的? 是的 作为你的男朋友 我不得不拉响警报 |
[05:14] | He said he’s here to kiss me?. | |
[05:15] | Yeah, which as your boyfriend kinda put up the little red flag. | |
[05:20] | You must have misunderstood him. | 你肯定是误会他的意思了 没有 |
[05:23] | No. | |
[05:24] | He must have been joking. | |
[05:26] | No. | 那他肯定是开玩笑的 也不是 |
[05:28] | Now I’m panicking. | 那我开始紧张了 瞧 这个Todd家伙影响到了你 – 不 是因为McGrath的考试 – 你能考上的 |
[05:29] | See. This Todd guy effects you. | |
[05:31] | – No, about the McGrath test. – You’ll do great. | |
[05:34] | That’s why I’m panicking. If I’m in the top 20, there’s an interview, | 这才是我紧张的原因 进了前20名 就要进行面试 |
[05:38] | and I’ll be paralysed with fear. | 到时我就会惊惶失措了 |
[05:40] | – Talk to someone who’s done it. – That’s a really good idea. | – 向有经验的人请教下 – 好主意! |
[05:43] | – Todd Mulcahy’s room, please. – Ask him if he wants to kiss you. | – 麻烦接一下Todd Mulcahy的房间 – 问问他看是不是要亲你 Noel 你收到我的申请表格了吗? 我交到学生会了 但他们说学生不能 在房间里装卫星天线 |
[05:47] | Noel, did you get my request form?. | |
[05:49] | I submitted it to the student council, | |
[05:52] | but they said no student can install a satellite dish in their room. | |
[05:57] | That’s it?. | 就这样? 是的 很抱歉 |
[05:59] | Yeah. I’m sorry. | |
[06:01] | Did you ask him?. | 你问他了没? |
[06:02] | – How can you live with yourself?. – I’m sorry. Those are the rules. | – 你怎么有脸活着? – 什么? 很抱歉 这是规矩 |
[06:06] | Don’t talk to me about rules! | 别跟我谈规矩! |
[06:08] | Look at you and her. RA and advisee fraternising. | 看看你跟她 宿舍辅导员和被辅导者 |
[06:12] | Noel, it’s totally innocent. He’s gonna meet me at work. | Noel 根本什么都没有 他会去我打工的地方见我 |
[06:15] | – Hi, Richard. – You make me sick. | – 嗨 Richard – 你让我觉得恶心 而你… 要么让我装天线 |
[06:18] | And you… That dish is going up | |
[06:20] | or you’re going down. | 要么你下台 |
[06:24] | What was that about?. | 搞什么? |
[06:26] | Should I be concerned about T odd?. | 我该不该提防这个Todd? |
[06:28] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不用 – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[06:39] | – Hey. | – Hey. |
[06:40] | – Wanna try something out for me?. – No, not really. | – 能帮我试下这个东西吗? – 不 不想 |
[06:44] | Come on. It’s something I’m working on. Just taste it. | 拜托 这是我正在研发的 只用帮我尝下味道 |
[06:47] | – What is it?. – Just taste it. | – 这是什么? – 尝一下 |
[07:00] | – That was my coffee. – What the hell is that?. | – 这是我的咖啡 – 这是什么鬼东西? 需要再改良下 对吧? 不管是什么 千万不要拿出去卖 |
[07:02] | Needs a little work, huh?. | |
[07:04] | Whatever that is, don’t pursue it. | |
[07:06] | – Need anything at the market?. – Mouthwash. | 我再去买点面粉 要帮你带东西吗? 嗽口水 |
[07:09] | You’re laughing, but this cereaI’s gonna make me rich. | 尽管嘲笑吧 这东西 会让我变得富裕的 喷头关不紧 |
[07:29] | I can’t get the shower head to stop dripping. | |
[07:34] | I just… I filled it out. | 我只是… 我填了.. |
[07:36] | You’re gonna apply for that job before you talk to Carole?. | 你没跟Carole谈过 就应聘这个工作? |
[07:39] | – I’m thinking about it. – That’s incredibly stupid. | – 我在考虑 – 这真是太愚蠢了 |
[07:43] | Applying for a job where your birth mother works before you tell her. | 在你亲生母亲的公司找工作 却不先告诉她你是她女儿? |
[07:49] | It’s a chance for me to just see… | 只是个机会让我能见到… |
[07:53] | Whatever. Just do it. Apply. | 随便你吧 去应聘好了 |
[07:56] | Thank you for your permission. | 天哪 谢谢你的许可! |
[08:03] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[08:05] | Don’t listen to me. I’m in a stupid mood. | 不要听我的 只是愚蠢的情绪在作怪 |
[08:08] | I’m just pissed. It has nothing to do with you. | 我只是有点愤怒 但这跟你没关系 |
[08:12] | I talked to my dad this morning. | 我今天早上跟我爸通了电话 |
[08:14] | He’s been a real dick. He’s gonna cut me off. | 他真是个混蛋 他要切断我的经济 |
[08:17] | Doesn’t wanna help support me any more. | 不再资助我 |
[08:19] | – Why?. | – Why?. – 为什么? – 为什么? |
[08:22] | Why does he do anything?. He didn’t say why. He never does. | 他为什么要做这些? 他没说 他从来都不说理由 |
[08:27] | I don’t wanna see you get hurt with this. | 我不想看到你受伤 |
[08:31] | – I’m sorry. – OK. | – 对不起 – 没关系 嗨 |
[08:47] | Hey. | |
[08:50] | I left you like a hundred messages. | 我给你留了上百条讯息 |
[08:53] | You don’t wanna talk to me. | 你不会想要跟我说话的 |
[08:55] | What’s going on?. | 怎么了? |
[09:00] | – You wanna get some food?. – I’m warning you. Walk away. | – 要吃点东西么? – 我警告你 走开 |
[09:03] | Come on. What now?. | 拜托 又怎么了? |
[09:10] | I saw you. | 我看见你了 |
[09:12] | I saw you with her. | 我看见你跟她在一起 |
[09:16] | Stay away from me. | 离我远点 这看起来似乎很有挑战 |
[09:22] | It’s sort of been a fun challenge, | |
[09:25] | Juggling my classwork, work-study in the Admissions Office | 完成各门功课 还要在招生办工作 |
[09:28] | and my job at Dean & DeLuca, plus studying for the McGrath test, | 还有在Dean&DeLuca打工 再加上准备McGrath的考试 |
[09:33] | I felt everything was under control. Until it happened. | 我感觉一切都在掌控中 直到那事发生 |
[09:36] | OK, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[09:40] | When you look at me, what do you think?. | 当你看着我 感觉怎么样? – 什么怎么样? – 我有没有变瘦了? |
[09:42] | – About what?. – Do I look thinner to you?. | |
[09:47] | Look carefully at me. | 仔细看看 |
[09:57] | Can I take my break now?. | 我现在能休息下吗? 就知道 我很胖 |
[09:59] | See?. I look fat. | |
[10:01] | You look great, but my friend is here. | 你看起来很好 只是我朋友来了 你必须说我看起来不错 否则我可以炒了你 |
[10:03] | You have to say I look great. I could fire you. | |
[10:07] | Ask him what he thinks about me. | 问问他看 我看起来怎么样 |
[10:10] | Hey! | 嗨! |
[10:13] | I don’t see you in six years and now I see you twice in two months?. | 6年都没见你1次 现在却2个月内见了你2次? |
[10:17] | – You look great! – I look like a dork. | – 你看起来很好! – 我看起来像个小丑 |
[10:21] | – Can we sit down?. – Yeah. Here. | – 能坐下聊吗? – 当然 这里 |
[10:32] | – You mind if I just jump in?. – No. | – 不介意我直入主题吧? – 当然不 |
[10:36] | I’ve come to kiss you. | 我是来亲你的 |
[10:39] | You what?. | 什么? |
[10:40] | You and I once had a pretty intense thing going. | 我们曾有段浪漫进行时 |
[10:43] | – Do you mean summer school?. – We almost kissed, Felicity. | – 你是指暑期班的时候? – Felicity 我们差点就接吻了 |
[10:48] | I was 12. I mean, I was really young. | 我当时才12岁 我是指 我那时还很小 |
[10:51] | Yeah, but what happens if you meet your true love when you’re a kid?. | 是的 但如果在你小时候 就碰到了真爱 会怎样? |
[10:59] | One kiss. Right now. | 就现在 亲一下 |
[11:01] | I’m sorry. I have a boyfriend. | 很抱歉 我有男朋友的 |
[11:04] | – I’m dating Noel. – You’re dating the RA?. | – 我在跟Noel交往 – 你在跟那个宿舍辅导员交往? |
[11:06] | It’s pretty serious. | 很认真的交往 不管有没有Noel 哪怕是失去理智 |
[11:08] | Noel or no Noel, for once in my life I’m disregarding logic. | |
[11:14] | I’m taking this huge romantic risk. | 我冒险尝试这个浪漫旅程… Todd 必须得告诉你 我曾经也这么干过 |
[11:19] | I gotta tell you, I’ve done that sort of thing, Todd, | |
[11:23] | and believe me, it does not turn out like you’d expect. | 相信我 结果并不是 我们预期的那样 |
[11:28] | Look,… you should get back to work. | 听着 你该回去工作了 很高兴再次见到你 祝你一路顺风 |
[11:34] | Well, it was good to see you again. Have a safe trip back home. | |
[11:41] | I’ve come to New York to get that kiss. | 我来纽约是为了得到那个吻 |
[11:44] | So I’ll call you. | 那么 我会打电话给你的 |
[11:51] | – Was it a good experience?. – That’s the crazy thing. | – 那是愉快的经历吗? – 那是件疯狂的事情 |
[11:54] | I’m a second-year med student, | 我是个2年级的医学学生 |
[11:57] | but I know one of the most profound experiences of my life is behind me. | 但我知道我人生中最重要 的经历之一已经过去了 |
[12:03] | Dr McGrath’s seminar was that good?. | McGrath教授的研讨班 有那么好吗? 你没法理解的 |
[12:05] | You don’t understand. | |
[12:08] | He’s not just a genius. | 他不仅仅是个天才 |
[12:10] | He is a genius, but he is so much more than his reputation. | 他是个天才 但他远比他的名声更优秀 |
[12:15] | Peter challenges you in ways you can never predict. | Peter会用你无法想象 的方式来挑战你 而且他还很性感 |
[12:19] | And he’s got this sexy thing going on. | |
[12:23] | Yeah. He does. | 是的 的确是 |
[12:27] | What should we expect from that exam?. | 我们该为考试做哪些准备? 将是个艰难的考试 会有统计题 |
[12:30] | Expect a tough exam. There’ll be a section on statistics. | |
[12:35] | Another on methodology: western blot, southern blot, that kind of thing. | 方法论会涉及: 蛋白免疫法 核酸杂交法等等 |
[12:40] | And there’s a short answer section. | 还有简答题 理论判断题 比如 “牛皮癣是不是基因失调引起的” |
[12:42] | Theoretical studies, like “Determine if psoriasis is a genetic disorder”‘ | |
[12:47] | So you detail your process. DNA markers, PCR, that kind of thing. | 要写清操作流程:DNA标准 PCR等 |
[12:53] | Would you excuse me for a minute?. | 能稍等一下么? – 他来了 – 谁? 那个Todd? 对不起 我一会就回来 |
[12:55] | – He’s here. – Who?. | |
[12:58] | That Todd guy?. | |
[12:59] | I’ll be back in one second. Sorry. | |
[13:10] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[13:12] | Hi. This is probably a bad time. I peeked in here and saw you, so… | 嗨 可能不是时候 不过我路过看到你 所以… |
[13:26] | – Todd… – Just open it. | – 打开看看 |
[13:29] | It’s nothing. It’s stupid. | 没什么 可能会很愚蠢 |
[13:44] | You said you could never find one with Felicity on it. | 还记得你说过: 所有的名字都找得到 就是没有你的名字 Felicity |
[13:47] | They had every name but yours. | |
[13:53] | Not only do I remember that,… | 我不仅记得 说起来很可笑 每次在玩具店或纪念品店里 |
[13:56] | this is so funny,… | |
[14:00] | .. but every time I’m in a toy store or a souvenir place, | |
[14:05] | I still look at the rack to see if they’ve put my name up yet. | 我还是会到处看看 看是否有我的名字在上面 |
[14:12] | I… had it specially made. | 我… 这是我定做的 |
[14:17] | – It’s stupid. – No, it’s actually really sweet. | – 这很愚蠢 – 不 事实上这很贴心 但现在真的不是时候 |
[14:27] | But you were right about this not being a good time. | |
[14:32] | I’m getting ready for a really important test, | 我在准备一个很重要的考试 |
[14:37] | and when I’m not doing that I’m working or studying | 此外 我还要工作和学习 |
[14:41] | or hanging out with Noel, | 还要跟Noel约会 |
[14:44] | who I really do like a lot. | 我真的很喜欢他 |
[14:47] | Yeah, Noel seems like a good guy. | 是的 Noel看上去人很好 |
[14:50] | He is. | 是的 |
[14:54] | OK. Well… | 好吧 那么… |
[14:59] | – Take care. – You too. | – 保重 – 保重 |
[15:02] | And I really do thank you for this. | 真的很感谢你给我这个 不客气 |
[15:06] | No problem. | |
[15:16] | Bye. | 再见 我以为这事就此结束了 |
[15:20] | I thought that was it, | |
[15:24] | That was not it. | 但并没有 还记得我从Carole 那拿的应聘表格吗? |
[15:26] | You know I told you about that application I got at Carole’s office?. | |
[15:30] | – Yeah. – I applied for the job. | – 是的 – 我应聘了那工作 |
[15:33] | – They called me this morning. – Are you gonna take it?. | – 今天早上他们打电话给我了 – 你得到这工作了? |
[15:37] | I’m gonna go train this afternoon. | 今天下午2点 我要去培训 |
[15:40] | Do I look OK?. I don’t wanna be too dressy, just kind of dressy. | 我看起来还好吗? 我不想太讲究 只要一般般 – 这是什么? – 我也不知道 你还没跟Carole谈过? |
[15:43] | – What is that?. – I don’t know, actually. | |
[15:47] | So you haven’t talked to Carole yet?. | |
[15:50] | Not yet. I haven’t even sent her that tape yet. | 还没 录音带也还没寄出去 |
[15:54] | I kind of have this fantasy | 我一直在幻想 |
[15:58] | that we can get to know each other as friends before I tell her who I am. | 也许在我告诉她之前 我们能先认识并成为朋友 |
[16:03] | I think I have a package. Thanks. | 我有个包裹 谢谢 |
[16:06] | I wanna get to know her before I say anything. | 在告诉她之前 我想先了解她 |
[16:09] | – Well, you look great. – Really?. | – 好吧 你看上去很好 – 真的? |
[16:16] | – Oh, my God. – Who is this from?. | – 噢 天哪 – 谁寄来的? |
[16:19] | I guarantee you it’s from this guy I knew when I was a kid. | 我可以保证 这是来自 那个我小时候认识的家伙的 |
[16:23] | If anything happens today, just call me. I’ll meet you wherever. | 有不如意的事情发生 打电话给我 我随时过去 |
[16:28] | – Thanks. Want me to help with this?. – I got it, I think. | – 谢谢 要我帮忙吗? – 不用了 |
[16:32] | – Sure?. – Yeah. | – 确定? – 是的 |
[16:34] | Bye. | 再见 |
[16:38] | Oh, God! | 噢 天哪! |
[16:42] | I’m so sorry. Sorry about that. | 对不起 |
[17:01] | – Sean?. – Yeah. | – 是的 |
[17:03] | – Got a second?. – Sure. | – 有空吗? – 有 |
[17:05] | – I gotta talk… – Listen to this. | – 我想谈… – 听听这个 |
[17:07] | How does this sound?. | 看看怎么样? |
[17:09] | “Dear Kellogg’s, I have designed the next generation of cereal”‘ | “亲爱的Kellogg 我设计了新一代的荞麦食品” |
[17:13] | – Strong opening, right?. – Yes. | – 开头不错吧? – 不错 |
[17:16] | Listen, I’m kind of having money problems. | 听着 我遇到了点经济危机 |
[17:20] | I was hoping I could owe you rent for a couple of months. | 我在想能不能 拖欠你几个月的房租? |
[17:29] | I’d say yes if the answer were yes, but here is why it’s not yes. | 我希望我能回答”好的” 但为什么不是呢? 理由是 |
[17:33] | If the answer’s no, that’s cool. | 如果不行也没关系 |
[17:36] | Every month my mortgage kicks my ass. | 我每个月都要还贷 |
[17:39] | Until one of my ideas hits, I have to supplement my income. | 在我的企划取得成功前 我必须有收入来填补空白 |
[17:43] | I hate roommates. I hate not walking round naked. | 其实我讨厌室友 我讨厌不能光着身子走动 |
[17:45] | I hate having to ask what happened to my crackers. | 我讨厌询问饼干的下落 |
[17:49] | I hate not being able to watch porno on the 37-inch whenever I want. | 我讨厌不能随时在37英寸 的大屏幕上看色情节目 Paul和Stu搬走后 你是我唯一的收入 |
[17:54] | Since Paul and Stu moved out, you are my supplement. | |
[17:59] | I understand. I really do. | 我了解 真的了解 |
[18:09] | OK. One month. You can be late one month. | 好吧 就一个月 你可以拖一个月 – 但不能再多了 – 非常感谢 |
[18:12] | – But I can’t carry you. – Thank you very much. | |
[18:16] | I’ll find a job. It’ll work out. | 我会去找个工作 到时候就能解决了 |
[18:19] | Thanks. And that opening sounds great. | 谢谢 还有这个开头很不错 |
[18:22] | Yeah?. “Next generation cereal” or “revolutionary cereal”?. | 真的? “新一代荞麦” 还是 “改良型荞麦”? |
[18:26] | Whatever you had. | 2个都好 |
[18:28] | “Next generation”‘ | “新一代” 这是材料室 设计师离开后 你进来打扫 |
[18:31] | That was the material room. You’ll clean up after the designers there. | |
[18:37] | They’re total slobs. | 他们都是懒汉 材料室 好的 |
[18:39] | MateriaIs room. OK. | |
[18:41] | The drawing archives are along here, but the slide library is downstairs. | 图纸档案都在这里 幻灯片的则在楼下 |
[18:46] | – Downstairs. – Next to the kitchen. | – 楼下 – 是的 在厨房旁边 |
[18:49] | The model shop is over here, the partners’ offices are up here. | 模型室在这边 股东办公室在这边 |
[18:53] | Mitchell Yardley, Jeremy Peterson and Carole Anderson. That’s Carole. | Carole Anderson 那就是Carole |
[18:57] | – Two conference rooms… – What’s Carole like?. | – 2个会议室… – Carole人怎么样的? |
[19:00] | I love her. She gave me this for my birthday. | 我喜欢她 这是她 送给我的生日礼物 很漂亮 |
[19:03] | It’s beautiful. | |
[19:05] | She’s a doll. | 她是个甜心 |
[19:06] | The big conference room is up here. Great view of the river. | 这边是大的会议室 视野开阔 可以看到河边的景色 |
[19:20] | What the hell is this?. | 这是什么鬼东西? |
[19:23] | – What does it look like?. – Like you’re welding something. | – 看起来像什么? – 像你在焊接什么东西 |
[19:27] | If you’re gonna try to be sanctimonious with me, give it up. | 假如想跟我装正经 我建议你放弃 你在做什么? |
[19:31] | What are you making?. | |
[19:33] | A support arm. For my satellite dish. | 一个支架 支撑我的卫星天线 |
[19:35] | Which will be installed on schedule in time for the fight. | 到时候接收拳击比赛 |
[19:39] | – I thought we covered this. – We didn’t cover anything. | – 我以为我们达成共识了 – 我们没有达成共识 |
[19:42] | I get in trouble if you report me. | 如果你举报了我 我就会有麻烦 |
[19:43] | You report me, I report you and your illicit fraternising. | 你举报了我 我就举报你的非法暧昧关系 |
[19:48] | – What is this, blackmail?. – Call it what you want. | – 这算什么 勒索? – 随你怎么叫 |
[19:51] | I’m busy. | 我很忙的 |
[19:54] | Richard… | |
[20:10] | Come in. | 请进 真希望我父母也能对我这么好 |
[20:15] | I wish my parents cared that much about me. | |
[20:18] | Yeah, me too. This is from Todd. | 是的 我也想 这是Todd寄来的 |
[20:20] | – That guy?. – Check the answering machine. | – 那个Todd家伙? – 听下留言机 |
[20:29] | Felicity, it’s Todd, It was really great to see you, | Felicity 我是Todd 看见你真的很开心 |
[20:32] | You didn’t look like a dork, | 你看起来一点都不像小丑 |
[20:34] | Give me a call at the hotel, | 回电话给我哦 |
[20:36] | Well, did you call him?. | 你回电话给他了吗? |
[20:38] | Hey, it’s Todd again, | 嗨 还是Todd |
[20:40] | I’d like to sit down with you, Call me, | 我想跟你坐下来聊聊 回我电话 |
[20:42] | I know you’re busy, | 我知道你很忙 |
[20:44] | I’m at the hotel, | 我在旅馆里 |
[20:47] | Guess who, I just wanna see if you got the box I dropped off, | 猜猜是谁? 只想确认下 你收到我的包裹没? |
[20:50] | Call me, | 回电话给我 |
[20:53] | Felicity, this is not Todd, | Felicity 我不是Todd |
[20:55] | OK, it is Todd, | 好吧 我是Todd |
[20:57] | When can we get together? You know where to reach me, | 什么时候能聚聚? 你知道怎么联系我的 他说他是你的初恋 |
[21:00] | So he said he was your first crush. | |
[21:04] | – Is that accurate?. – Listen to this one. | – 是真的吗? – 听一下这条 |
[21:07] | Meghan, it’s Bridget, You have my boots, you bitch, | Meghan 我是Bridget 你拿了我的靴子 你这婊子 |
[21:10] | The next one. | 下一条 |
[21:12] | Felicity, I want to sit down with you but you’re not calling me back, | Felicity 我想跟你坐下来聊聊 怎么不回电话给我? |
[21:17] | I can’t believe it’s come to this, | 没想到会沦落到这个地步 |
[21:19] | I dare you to go out with me, | 跟我约会吧 |
[21:23] | This is Todd, | 我是Todd |
[21:25] | OK, this is a problem. | 好吧 这是个问题 |
[21:28] | Why’s he sending you Dead Poets’ Society? | 他为什么给你寄<死亡诗社>? |
[21:32] | “Enclosed find a Felicity time capsule circa 1992″‘ | “献上一箱1992年的 Felicity时光” |
[21:37] | “I hope this will help rekindle a certain childlike sense of wonder | “我希望这能勾起你 童年时的天真浪漫” |
[21:41] | I’m afraid you might have lost. Todd”‘ | “恐怕你已经失去这些了 |
[21:45] | – A childlike sense of wonder?. – Mallomars. | – 童年时的天真浪漫? |
[21:49] | When you saw him, did you tell him to get lost?. | 你见他的时候 有没有叫他放弃? |
[21:51] | Do you think I’ve lost a childlike sense of wonder?. | 你觉得我已经失去了 童年时的天真浪漫? |
[21:57] | – God, what happened to your… – It’s infected. | – 天哪 你鼻子怎么了? – 感染了 |
[22:00] | – Thanks to Todd Mulcahy. – How do you know Todd?. | – 多亏了Todd Mulcahy – 你怎么认识Todd的? |
[22:04] | – Should I be concerned about him?. – I was 12. | – 我该提防着他吗? – 我当时才12岁 |
[22:06] | It wasn’t even a crush. He was just a boy. | 根本不是什么一见钟情 他只是个普通的男孩 |
[22:09] | – What are you gonna do?. Be firm?. – I don’t have time to be firm. | – 接下来你要怎么做? 拒绝他? – 我没时间拒绝他 |
[22:13] | I’ve got two papers and the McGrath test. | 我有2篇论文要做 还有McGrath的考试 |
[22:16] | If Bridget calls, tell her she can pry them off my cold dead feet. | 如果Bridget打电话过来 告诉她 只有我死了 她才能从我脚上扒下 |
[22:21] | She’ll know what I mean. | 她会明白我的意思的 |
[22:25] | So what’s the plan?. I mean, is there a plan?. | 那计划是怎样的? 有什么计划吗? |
[22:30] | I don’t want to be cruel. He’s crazy but he’s not a monster. | 我不想太残酷 他是疯了但并不是怪物 |
[22:38] | I should talk to an expert on what it feeIs like to be stalked. | 我该去找个有经验的人咨询下 |
[22:43] | Who?. | 谁? |
[22:47] | – Hey. What’s going on?. – You got a minute?. | – 嗨 有什么事? – 有空吗? |
[22:55] | I know this is sort of a touchy subject, | 我知道这很唐突 |
[22:59] | but when we first came to New York, | 当我们刚来纽约的时候 |
[23:04] | I was a little… | 我有点… |
[23:10] | – What?. – Stalkeresque. | – 什么? – 花痴 |
[23:13] | You’re laughing, but you were afraid. | 你笑了 但你当时很害怕 |
[23:16] | Well, I’m here because I need some advice. | 我来这里是 因为我需要点建议 |
[23:20] | Now I’m sort of in the same situation. | 我现在碰到类似的状况 |
[23:23] | You’re stalking somebody else?. Who?. | 你在迷恋其他人? 谁? |
[23:26] | No. | 不是 |
[23:28] | This guy I knew from junior high, Todd Mulcahy. | 我在初三时认识的一个人 叫Todd Mulcahy |
[23:31] | We sort of hung out for a couple of weeks when I was 12. | 当我12岁的时候 我们曾类似交往过几个星期 |
[23:35] | I ran into him over Christmas. | 我圣诞节的时候碰到了他 |
[23:37] | He came to New York convinced that we’re soul mates or something. | 他跑来纽约说我们 是灵魂伴侣之类的 |
[23:41] | Imagine that. | 想象一下 |
[23:48] | – Did I ever apologise?. – Yes. A couple of times. | – 我有道歉过吗? – 有 好多次 |
[23:51] | – We got over it. – This is so embarrassing. | – 已经过去了 – 真是太难为情了 |
[23:55] | How’s it going?. | 怎么了? |
[23:57] | Not so good. Felicity’s got a stalker. | 不是很好 有人迷恋Felicity |
[23:59] | “Got” or “is”?. | “有” 还是 “是”? |
[24:03] | Wanna try something out?. | 想试点新玩意吗? |
[24:06] | – What is it?. – Milkless cereal. | – 什么东西? – 无奶麦片 |
[24:09] | Milk is baked into every O. | 所有牛奶都被烘干 |
[24:11] | Add water and it hydrates the evaporated milk. | 加入水后浓缩成优乳 |
[24:13] | – What do you have?. – A foul breakfast. | – 会得到什么? – 很难吃的早餐 |
[24:15] | – Are you game?. – I’ll taste it. | – 要试一下吗? – 好的 |
[24:22] | So that’s why I came here, cos I’ve never been the stalkee, you know. | 我来这里是因为我 从来没被人这么迷恋过 |
[24:28] | He’s been calling like crazy. | 他疯狂的给我打电话 |
[24:31] | He keeps wanting to sit down. | 他想要坐下来聊聊 |
[24:33] | OK. Try these. | 好了 试一下 |
[24:35] | I call these Lact-Os. Be honest. | 我把这个叫做Lact-Os 告诉我实话 |
[24:39] | – Do you know where he’s staying?. – Hotel Rocquemore. | – 你知道他住那里吗? – Rocquemore旅馆 |
[24:42] | I’ll go talk to him. | 我去跟他谈 |
[24:45] | No. It’s something I wanna deal with myself. | 不用 我想自己处理 |
[24:48] | I’ll go talk to him. Todd Mulcahy, right?. I’ll deal with him. | 我会去跟他谈谈 Todd Mulcahy对吧? 我会处理的 |
[24:52] | Really?. | 真的? |
[24:54] | I’ve got this test for this class. | 因为我刚好有门考试 |
[24:56] | Yeah, it’s done. | 是的 没问题 |
[24:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:02] | You gonna try the Lact-Os or what?. | 到底要不要试下Lact-Os? |
[25:12] | What?. No good?. | 怎么了? 不好吃? |
[25:14] | No, she loved it. | 不 她很喜欢 |
[25:33] | – Yeah?. – T odd Mulcahy?. | – 谁呀? – Todd Mulcahy吗? |
[25:36] | – Yeah?. – Open up. I gotta talk to you. | – 是的 – 开下门 我要跟你谈谈 |
[25:47] | – Dude! – What’s up?. | – 伙计! – 怎么是你? |
[25:50] | – I don’t believe this! – I know! | – 真不敢相信! – 我也是! |
[25:52] | – Come in. – Yeah. | – 快进来 – 好的 |
[25:54] | What are you doing here?. | 你来这里干什么? |
[25:58] | What if the north space opened out?. | 好吧 如果北面开放怎么样? |
[26:01] | Right. And the living room and the patio become one space. | 是的 起居室和院子连在一片 |
[26:05] | The wall becomes a temporary partition. | 墙壁做临时屏风用 |
[26:08] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[26:11] | OK. | 好的 |
[26:13] | I’m gonna sketch some ideas and we’ll get together next week. | 我先拟下草图 下星期再跟你讨论 |
[26:16] | OK, great, Morgan. Bye-bye. | 好的 非常好 Morgan 再见 |
[26:19] | Julie. | |
[26:21] | I’m Carole Anderson. | 我是Carole Anderson |
[26:24] | I don’t know your last name. | 还不知道你的姓呢 |
[26:26] | – It’s Emrick. – Julie Emrick. Thank you for lunch. | – Julie Emrick 谢谢你给我拿午餐 |
[26:30] | Are you gonna eat some of this with me?. | 你要跟我一起吃点吗? |
[26:32] | This is the biggest sandwich I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过的最大的三明治 |
[26:37] | Have you had lunch?. | 你吃过午饭了没? |
[26:39] | – Not yet. – We can’t let this go to waste. | – 还没 – 不能浪费了这些 |
[26:43] | Pull up a chair. | 拉张椅子过来 |
[26:51] | So, you studying architecture?. | 那么 你是学建筑的? |
[26:54] | No, I’m thinking of majoring in music. I play guitar. | 不 我在考虑主修音乐 我会弹吉他 |
[26:59] | – I used to play guitar. – You did?. | – 我以前也弹过吉他 – 真的? |
[27:02] | About a million years ago. | 8百年前的事了 |
[27:05] | I was good at rhythm but I could never solo very well. | 我节奏感不错 就是独奏不怎么行 |
[27:08] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[27:14] | Are you happy?. | 你开心吗? |
[27:17] | I mean, being an architect. | 我是指作为一名建筑师 |
[27:21] | I like designing things, but getting something built can be hell. | 我喜欢设计 但建造起来就很麻烦了 |
[27:26] | Are you from New York?. | 你是纽约人? |
[27:28] | Originally. | 本地生的 |
[27:31] | But I grew up in Maine. | 但我在缅因州长大的 |
[27:33] | I have always wanted to go there. | 我一直都想去那里 |
[27:35] | You should. | 你该去 |
[27:39] | – And you?. – Manhattan native. | – 你是哪里人? – 土生土长的曼哈顿人 |
[27:42] | I moved to Connecticut when I got married. | 结婚后我搬到了康涅狄格 |
[27:45] | My husband and I moved our family back to the city last year. | 去年刚刚搬回来 |
[27:50] | – You have children?. – Yeah. | – 你有小孩? – 是的 |
[27:52] | Matthew’s twelve, Amanda’s almost ten. | Matthew12岁 Amanda快10岁了 |
[27:55] | I don’t wanna brag, but I’ve got two of the greatest kids on the planet. | 我不是吹牛 但我有 这世上最棒的2个小孩 |
[28:06] | They’re beautiful. | 他们很漂亮 |
[28:21] | What?. | 干嘛? |
[28:22] | – I just got a rush of confidence. – What do you mean?. | – 我突然感到很自信 – 什么意思? |
[28:26] | It just hit me all of a sudden. | 我不知道 只是突发的灵感 |
[28:28] | You and I are going to do really well on that McGrath test. | 我们会在McGrath的 考试里取得好成绩 |
[28:31] | You just feel that?. | 你刚刚感觉到了? |
[28:33] | I don’t know where it came from, but it’ll probably be gone soon. | 我不知道哪来的灵感 也许待会就没了 |
[28:37] | Yeah, it’ll wear off. | 肯定的 |
[28:39] | OK, so I talked to Todd. | 好吧 我跟Todd谈过了 |
[28:41] | You weren’t too mean?. He’s not a bad person. | 你不会过分吧? 要知道他并不是坏人 |
[28:44] | – We used to party together. – What?. | – 我们曾一起玩过 – 什么? |
[28:46] | We used to skateboard. I just never knew his last name. | 我们曾在一起玩滑板 我只是不知道他的姓 |
[28:50] | Mulcahy. | |
[28:52] | We had fun. We watched Enemy Of The State, | 我们玩的很开心 我们一起看了<全民公敌> |
[28:55] | – Oh, God! – It’s not funny. | – 噢 天哪! – 这并不好笑 |
[28:57] | You don’t understand. He won’t give up. He wants to kiss me. | 你不明白 他不肯放弃 他想要跟我接吻 |
[29:02] | Let him kiss you. He’s a good guy. | 让他亲一下好了 他是个好人 |
[29:05] | – You were supposed to help. – I know. | – 真是难以置信 你本该帮我的 – 我知道 |
[29:07] | Now I got a favour to ask you. | 现在我有点事求你 |
[29:10] | I need a job. Do they need anyone where you work?. | 我需要份工作 你打工的地方要招人吗? |
[29:15] | You wanna work at Dean & DeLuca?. | 你想在Dean&DeLuca打工? |
[29:18] | It’s T odd’s idea. | 这是Todd的建议 |
[29:20] | Can you put in a good word for me?. | 能帮我说点好话吗? |
[29:23] | – Yeah, I can talk to Javier. – That’ll be great. | – 当然 我会去问问Javier – 太好了 |
[29:26] | I’m serious. He’s not a bad guy. | 他不是个坏人 真的 |
[29:28] | – Thanks. – OK. | – 谢谢 – 好吧 |
[29:30] | There goes my rush of confidence. | 我的自信全消失了 (什么时候) (我们) (谈谈) (今晚?) (好运) |
[31:03] | So you never worked in food service before?. | 你从没在餐饮行业工作过? |
[31:07] | – No. – Not one time?. | – 没有 – 一次都没有? |
[31:09] | No, I haven’t, but I think I’d be pretty good at it. | 不 没有 但我相信 我会做的很好的 |
[31:14] | Do you like coffee?. | 你喜欢咖啡吗? |
[31:16] | – Yeah. – I break out when I drink it. | – 是的 – 我喝咖啡时候会发病 |
[31:18] | – Really?. – Yeah, I get some kind of rash. | – 真的? – 是的 我得了皮疹之类 |
[31:24] | So, Ben… | 那么 Ben… |
[31:27] | What is The Goalpost?. | Goalpost是什么? |
[31:30] | It’s a sporting goods store in Palo Alto. | 是帕洛阿尔托一家运动品商店 |
[31:33] | I worked there for a summer. | 我暑假曾在那里工作过 |
[31:35] | So you would sell balIs and stuff like that?. | 所以你会卖球之类的东西? |
[31:39] | – I worked in the ski department. – Skis?. | – 我在滑雪器材部分的 – 滑雪? |
[31:43] | – Do you ski?. – Yeah. | – 你会滑雪吗? – 会的 |
[31:46] | – I never tried that. – You should. | – 我从没试过 – 你该试试看 |
[31:48] | Yeah?. Maybe. | 是的? 也许 |
[31:50] | Listen, do I have a shot at this job?. | 听着 我能得到这工作吗? |
[31:53] | – No. – No?. | – 不能 – 不能? |
[31:59] | I’m kidding! | 我开玩笑的! |
[32:01] | You know I love you! I just have to go through the motions. | 你知道我喜欢你 只是还有几步骤 你知道我上面还有老板 |
[32:06] | – Can you start tomorrow?. – Tomorrow?. | – 明天能开始工作吗? – 明天? |
[32:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:10] | Do you have an aversion to wearing a black hat?. | 对于上班要戴黑帽子 有没有障碍? |
[32:13] | Do I have to wear it?. | 必须要戴吗? |
[32:22] | – Hey, Brenda. Floor calendar. – Thanks. | – 嗨 Brenda 楼层日历 – 谢谢 |
[32:41] | Floor calendar. | 楼层日历 |
[32:45] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:56] | What are you doing here?. | 你在这里干什么? |
[32:58] | Hey! | 嗨! |
[33:00] | No. No “hey”. You’re here to see Felicity. | 不 不要跟我说”嗨” 你是来找Felicity的 |
[33:03] | You’re mad cos you’re dating her. | 你生气因为你是她男朋友 |
[33:05] | I’m not mad. You don’t make me mad. I’m amused. | 我没有生气 我不会因你生气 我很愉快 |
[33:08] | – You seem kinda mad. – I want you to stay away from her. | – 你看起来很生气 – 我要你离她远点 |
[33:12] | I totally respect what you guys have, but… | 我完全尊重你们现在拥有的 只是… |
[33:15] | what am I supposed to do?. | 我还能怎么做? |
[33:16] | – Turn off my heart?. – Yes. Turn off your heart. | – 放弃我的感情? – 是的 放弃你的感情 |
[33:19] | I don’t care. Whatever it takes. | 我不管 无论怎样都行 |
[33:21] | I want you to stop hanging round her and sending giant boxes of stuff. | 不要再缠着她 也不要 再送一大箱的礼物过来 |
[33:26] | We’re supposed to have dinner. | 我们打算共进晚餐 |
[33:28] | What do you mean?. Did you make a plan?. | 什么意思? 你们有安排? |
[33:30] | I’m sorry, but that T-shirt is awesome! | 我很抱歉 但这件T恤很棒! |
[33:35] | Thanks. I designed it. | 谢谢 我自己设计的 |
[33:36] | – No, you didn’t. – I did. I’m in graphic design. | – 不是吧? – 是的 我学美术设计的 |
[33:40] | – Did you make a plan?. – What program did you use?. | – 你们有安排? – 你用什么软件的? |
[33:42] | Illustrator?. Photoshop?. | |
[33:44] | Photoshop mostly, but I can’t get it running on my new computer. | 通常是用Photoshop 但在我的新机子上运行不了 |
[33:48] | You might just have an extension conflict. | 可能是插件有冲突 |
[33:51] | You think?. | 是吗? |
[33:53] | The amazing thing is that I like her. You know?. | 最令人惊异的是我喜欢她 |
[33:57] | I thought I’d be mad, or cry every time I see her, | 每次见到她 我以为自己 会生气或大哭大闹 |
[34:01] | but I like her. | 但我喜欢她 |
[34:03] | But you still haven’t told her?. | 但你还没告诉她? |
[34:06] | No. That’s the problem. | 没有 这就是问题所在 |
[34:08] | I’ll be talking to her and she’ll just look a certain way | 我会去跟她谈 她肯定会被吓到 |
[34:12] | and it’s like I’m looking in the mirror. | 那样就像我在照镜子 |
[34:15] | And I feel horrible because I feel like I’m lying to her. | 我会感到心虚 感觉我是在骗她 |
[34:19] | I hear that you want to get to know your mother, | 我听说你想了解你母亲 |
[34:22] | but taking that job without telling her is whack. | 但没告诉她就接了那工作 真的很疯狂 |
[34:26] | – You should talk sense into her. – I’m just trying to be supportive. | – 你该劝她的 – 我只是试着支持她 |
[34:31] | – Am I being supportive, right?. – You’re wonderful. | – 我很支持你 对吧? – 是的 你很棒 |
[34:37] | – We gotta go. – I’m still eating. | – 我们该走了 – 我还在吃 |
[34:39] | No, we gotta go. | 不 我们该走了 |
[34:41] | I’m full. | 我饱了 |
[34:45] | See you back at Kelvin. | 回头见 |
[34:48] | – Here. – It’s alright. It’s on me. | 没关系 我请客 |
[34:50] | Take it easy, guys. | 伙计们 慢慢来 |
[34:59] | All I’m asking for is a chance. | 我要的只是一次机会 |
[35:02] | For you to hear me out. | 你能听我说完 |
[35:04] | The fact that you’re asking me for anything I find hysterically funny. | 事实上 你的任何要求 都让我觉得可笑 |
[35:09] | I wanted us to work out. To be happy together. | 我希望我们能有结果 能开心的在一起 |
[35:14] | Why do you think I freaked out when you said you had to quit school?. | 当你要退学的时候 你觉得我为什么会紧张? |
[35:18] | But you’re tough, man. | 但你太忙了 |
[35:20] | You got work to do, you disappear. | 你要学习 就不见人影了 |
[35:23] | I spent last month not sure if we were still dating. | 过去一个月 我甚至 不知道我们是否在交往 |
[35:26] | Thanks for asking me before you boned my best friend. | 谢谢你在勾引我好朋友 之前征求我的意见 |
[35:30] | – Tara and I never slept together. – You really should. | – Tara和我从没睡过 – 你真该试试 |
[35:33] | I’ll know you’re sleeping with a bitch and she’s left unsatisfied. | 然后我就会知道你跟个婊子睡过 而她却得不到满足 |
[35:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[35:47] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[35:48] | What is this?. | 这是怎么回事? |
[35:50] | I was just showing Noel this web page. The contemptuous… | 我在给Noel看这些网站 藐视… |
[35:54] | No, I mean what are you doing in here?. | 不 我是指你在这里干什么? |
[35:57] | Todd got Photoshop running. He’s a genius. | Todd把Photoshop运行起来了 他是个天才 |
[36:01] | – How did the test go?. – Fine, thanks. | – 考试怎么样? – 很好 谢谢 |
[36:04] | – Yeah, how did that test go?. – Pretty good, Noel. | – 对哦 考试怎么样? – 很好 Noel |
[36:08] | – I came to pick you up. – I’m not ready yet. | – 我是来接你的 – 我还没准备好呢 |
[36:11] | – I can wait. – Why don’t we just meet there?. | – 我可以等 – 为什么我们不在那里碰头呢? |
[36:14] | OK. | 好吧 |
[36:27] | – Who is it?. – Me. | – 谁? – 我 |
[36:29] | – Just you?. – Yeah, I’m solo. | – 就你一个人? – 是的 就我一个 |
[36:36] | – Hey. – How do I look?. | – 嗨 – 我看起来怎么样? |
[36:39] | You look beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[36:41] | What are you doing?. | 你干什么? |
[36:43] | I want to look way below average. Lock it. | 我想穿的难看点 锁门 |
[36:47] | When did you and T odd become friends?. | 你跟Todd什么时候 成为好朋友的? |
[36:50] | We’re not really friends. He’s a pretty cool guy. | 我们并不是真正的朋友 只是他蛮酷的 |
[36:52] | That’s the consensus among people not his target. | 是的 除了我 大家都这么认为 |
[36:55] | – Give him credit for trying. – Is that you talking?. | – 你该赞赏下他的勇敢尝试 – 是你在说话吗? |
[36:58] | Yeah. I admit, I was a little freaked out about him at first. | 是的 我承认 刚开始我有点惊慌 |
[37:03] | Now I kind of feel for the guy. | 但现在我有点同情那家伙了 |
[37:05] | If I wasn’t so confident in us, I wouldn’t be saying this, | 如果不是对我们这么有信心 我就不敢这么说了 |
[37:09] | but it’s nice you’re meeting him. Most people would blow him off. | 你真的很好 愿意跟他见面 换做其他人 肯定耍约了 |
[37:13] | I tried that. | 我试过不去见面 |
[37:14] | I don’t want to hurt his feelings. I just want him to go home. | 我不想伤害他 我只想让他回家 |
[37:18] | – How’s this?. – Still above average. | – 这件怎么样? – 还是好看 |
[37:22] | – Who is it?. – Me. | – 是谁? – 我 |
[37:28] | Hey. Has Elena called you?. | 嗨 Elena有打电话给你吗? |
[37:30] | – No. What happened?. Lock it. – Right. | – 没有 发生什么事了? 锁门 – 好的 |
[37:33] | We were at Dean & DeLuca. Ben’s new workplace. | 我们在Dean&DeLuca Ben在那打工 |
[37:36] | – Blair showed up. – Ben’s working at Dean & DeLuca?. | – Blair出现了 – Ben在Dean&DeLuca打工? |
[37:39] | – It was Todd’s idea. – I hate that guy. | – 这是Todd的主意 – 我讨厌那家伙 |
[37:42] | So was it a total meltdown?. | 那么 发生什么了? 又一场灾难? |
[37:45] | I left before she could hit him again. | 在她再次打他之前 我就离开了 |
[37:47] | I thought you heard from her. | 我还以为她会给你联系 |
[37:49] | – Where you going?. – To meet Todd. | – 你去哪里? – 去见Todd |
[37:51] | I like Todd. | 我喜欢Todd |
[37:52] | – How do you know Todd?. – He came over to Ben’s. | – 你怎么认识Todd的? – 他昨晚来过Ben的公寓 |
[37:55] | He cooked chicken and rented Seven, | 他烧了鸡肉 还租了<七宗罪>看 鸡肉很好吃 |
[37:58] | – How does this look?. – Haven’t you worn it for two days?. | – 这件看起来怎么样? – 这件你已经穿了2天了吧? |
[38:02] | Yes. Why was I dressing up?. | 是的 我不知道我还能穿什么? |
[38:04] | Todd thinks I should send Carole that tape I made. | Todd建议我把录音带寄给Carole |
[38:07] | You’re listening to a guy you barely know?. | 你要采纳这个你几乎 不认识的人的意见? |
[38:10] | – Todd seems really cool. – You’re not his target. | – Todd看起来很酷 – 你不是他的目标 |
[38:13] | I will be back soon. | 我很快就回来 |
[38:15] | There’s no way you’re gonna fall for him?. | 你不会爱上他 对吧? |
[38:17] | No. | 不会 |
[38:34] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[38:36] | – Thanks for sitting down with me. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你坐下跟我谈 – 不客气 |
[38:41] | I know you got a lot of classwork, so I’ll cut to the chase. | 我知道你有很多功课要做 所以我直接进入主题 |
[38:45] | My grandmother was making a huge turkey dinner when I ran into you. | 当我碰见你的时候 我祖母正在做火鸡大餐 |
[38:50] | I had already been shopping but I forgot to buy the turkey. | 我买完东西却发现忘了买火鸡 |
[38:56] | I’m driving back to Safeway and thinking, | 于是我又开回Safeway 我纳闷: |
[39:00] | “How in the world can I forget the main ingredient?. “ | “我怎么会忘了买最重要的东西? “ |
[39:04] | And then suddenly I run into you. | 就在那时 我遇见了你 |
[39:10] | You were so stressed out, remember, about being pre-med. | 你当时压力很大 还记得吗? 对将成为医学院预科学生 |
[39:13] | I hadn’t gotten my grades yet. | 是的 我还没拿到我的分数 |
[39:16] | Remember what you said about that?. | 记得你对此怎么说吗? |
[39:20] | You said, “See?. Nothing’s changed”‘ | 你说:”瞧? 什么都没变” |
[39:25] | That was a figure of speech. I meant, you know, I’m still a nerd. | 那只是个隐语 我的意思是: 我仍旧是个蠢货 |
[39:31] | I’m still a brain. | 我仍旧是个书呆子 |
[39:33] | I know what you meant. | 我理解你的意思 |
[39:35] | In the hopes of keeping my parents proud, I’ve always got good grades. | 为了让我的父母感到骄傲 我也是一直努力取得好成绩 |
[39:40] | I’ve organised canned food and clothing drives every Christmas. | 从我记忆开始 每个圣诞节 我都会募集衣服和食物 |
[39:44] | I’m still the same guy as when you knew me, Felicity. | 我还是你原来认识的那个人 |
[39:50] | And I think, in the important ways, | 而且我觉得 很重要的一部分 |
[39:55] | you’re the same girl. | 你也还是原来那个女孩 |
[39:58] | Todd, I’m sorry… | Todd 我很抱歉… |
[40:02] | This is very flattering… | 这真的很窝心… |
[40:05] | Do you remember the sunset?. | 还记得那个日落吗? |
[40:08] | The two of us sitting in the Baylands?. | 我们俩坐在Baylands的那次? |
[40:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:15] | There was a moment when we almost kissed. | 那个时候我们差点就接吻了 |
[40:20] | A window of opportunity when all I had to do was just lean in. | 机会就在眼前 我只要 探头过去就可以抓住 |
[40:26] | You remember?. | 你还记得? |
[40:28] | – Todd, that was a long time ago. – Exactly. | – Todd 那是很久前的事了 – 是的 |
[40:34] | I should have forgotten about that sunset like all other sunsets, | 我本该像忘记其他日落一样 把那个日落也忘记的 |
[40:39] | but I haven’t. | 但是我没有 |
[40:41] | You can tell me to get lost, but ask yourself this. | 你可以说我迷失了 但问问你自己 |
[40:45] | Why do you still remember that sunset too?. | 为什么你也还记得那个日落? |
[40:50] | Well, because… | 那是 因为… |
[40:54] | At that time, that was a big deal. | 在那个年纪 这是件大事 |
[40:58] | Why?. | 为什么? |
[41:02] | Because… I don’t know. | 因为… 我不知道 |
[41:04] | Because we represented something to each other. | 因为我们各为对方所需 |
[41:07] | I was 12. You were 14. What could we possibly represent to each other?. | 我那时12岁 你14岁 我们能为对方做些什么? |
[41:12] | An alternative. | 一个选择 |
[41:14] | Because even then we knew there were expectations. | 因为即使还小 我们都有期待 |
[41:18] | We encouraged each other to do what we wanted to do. | 我们总是鼓励对方做喜欢的事 |
[41:21] | That’s why I gave you those art supplies. | 所以我才送你那些画画工具 |
[41:27] | You used to draw. | 你以前经常画画 |
[41:30] | – I used to doodle, Todd. – No, you loved it. | – 我经常乱画 Todd – 不 你热爱画画 |
[41:34] | You were serious about it. | 你对此很认真 |
[41:36] | That’s secretly what you wanted to do. | 那是你私下想要做的事 |
[41:38] | Anyway, the reason I came here was to say that… | 无论怎样 我来这里是要说… |
[41:44] | .. I really appreciate everything you’re saying. I do. | 我真的很感谢你说的话 真的 |
[41:49] | But I’m just… I’m not interested. | 我只是… 我只是不感兴趣 |
[41:52] | So thank you,… | 所以 谢谢你 |
[41:55] | but could you please stop calling me and sending me things?. | 但你能否不要再打电话给我 还有寄东西给我? |
[41:59] | OK. | 好吧 |
[42:01] | Take care. | 保重 |
[42:05] | – Are you just gonna walk away?. – Yeah. I have to go. | – 你就这么走了? – 是的 我得走了 |
[42:15] | I should have kissed you six years ago. | 6年前我本该亲你的 |
[42:17] | This is very rude, coming here and making these assumptions about me. | 这样太无礼 你跑来这里 跟我说这些假设 |
[42:22] | If I’d kissed you, it would have meant something. | 如果当初我吻你了 那就意味些什么了 |
[42:24] | But I chickened out. | 但我退缩了 |
[42:27] | There was this window of opportunity and then it was gone. | 绝好的机会就在眼前 我却让它溜走了 |
[42:32] | Now through courage or through stupidity | 也许是因为勇气 或者因为愚蠢 |
[42:35] | I’m just trying to do what most people don’t. | 我只想尝试下 其他人都不会做的事 |
[42:39] | Reopen that window. | 重新抓住那机会 |
[42:42] | This should go on record as the most failed seduction in history. | 这该成为历史上 最失败的诱惑记录在案 |
[42:48] | – Kiss me. – OK, see?. You’re nuts! | – 吻我 – 好吧 听着 你疯了! |
[42:51] | Just one kiss. We’ll know in a second if we feel that electricity. | 就一个吻 一秒钟后 就知道我们是否来电 |
[42:55] | And if we do, Felicity, we can run off together | 如果我们来电 Felicity 我们可以一起私奔 |
[42:59] | and be anything we want. | 去做任何我们想做的事 |
[43:01] | How do you know I’m not doing that already?. | 你又怎么知道 我没做我喜欢的事? |
[43:05] | Are you?. | 你有吗? |
[43:11] | Goodbye, Todd. | 再见 Todd |
[43:16] | OK. Fine. | 好吧 没关系 |
[43:19] | I lost this battle, I accept that. | 这次我失败了 我接受 |
[43:22] | But we will kiss. | 但我们会接吻的 |
[43:26] | Just know this. I am down, | 要知道 我失败了 |
[43:29] | but I am not in any way… | 但我绝对不会 |
[43:31] | – Todd. – .. out. | – 退缩 |
[43:35] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天哪! (待续) |
[44:18] | Subtitles by IMS |