时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on “Felicity”, | |
[00:02] | I’m Blair. | 我叫Blair |
[00:06] | I don’t want to ruin things, either. We’re just friends. That’s fine. | 不 我没事 我也不想破坏我们的友谊 我们只是朋友 这也好 |
[00:12] | I wanted to apologise for being such a jerk, so… | 我想向你道歉 为我做的混蛋事 所以… |
[00:35] | Dear Sally, | 亲爱的Sally |
[00:37] | It was perfect, just perfect, | 这太棒了 真的太棒了 |
[01:05] | – What?. – Don’t move. | – 怎么了? – 别动 |
[01:20] | – Sorry. – That’s OK. | – 抱歉 – 没事 |
[01:22] | There was a thing from the salsa. | 你嘴上沾到东西了 |
[01:27] | A cilantro, I think. Sorry. | 香菜叶吧 我猜 抱歉 |
[01:37] | Well, I’m pretty much done here. | 我这边差不多搞定了 |
[01:41] | So, did Browning survive your critical assault?. | 那么 不晓得诗人勃郎宁能否 招架得住你的狂轰滥炸? |
[01:46] | Barely. But I think my paper’s pretty good. | 招不住吧 不过我觉得我的报告写得不错 |
[01:49] | That’s great. Every time I reread mine, it makes less sense. | 很好 每次我重读我的报告 总觉得一团糟 |
[01:54] | – Shall I hand yours in too?. – No, I’ve got to proof it. | |
[01:57] | My computer’s screwed up. When I use my spellcheck, it freezes. | 我的电脑当机了 每次我正检查拼写时 它就死机 |
[02:02] | – I can run it through mine. – Yeah?. | 你存在盘上吗? 我可以用我的电脑帮你检查 行吗? |
[02:04] | – Yeah. – All right. | – 行 – 好吧 |
[02:08] | Here. | 拿去 |
[02:10] | – I’ll walk you downstairs. – You don’t have to. | – 我送你下楼吧 – 不用了 |
[02:22] | – So, thanks. – Sure. | – 那么 谢了 – 不客气 |
[02:27] | It helps me, too, reviewing the reading. | 这对我也有好处嘛 复习一下我的阅读水平 |
[02:30] | Yeah. That’s good. | 是么 很好 |
[02:34] | So… | 那么… |
[02:38] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – Yeah. | – 明天见 – 好的 |
[02:45] | Perfect, right? I should have known, | 很棒吧 对吧? 我就知道 |
[05:16] | Then I said, “I’ll see you,” and I left. | 接着我说 “明天见” 然后离开了 |
[05:18] | It was lame. | 真无趣 |
[05:20] | I don’t even know what it means. | 我甚至不知道这意味着什么 |
[05:24] | – He touched your teeth. – My teeth don’t mean anything. | – 他碰了你的牙 – 这有什么 |
[05:29] | Don’t you think?. He touched her teeth. | 你不觉得吗? 他碰了你的牙 |
[05:32] | It was like a flick. | 只是轻弹了一下 |
[05:35] | I’ve dated guys who never flicked my teeth. | 我约会过的男孩子中 从来没人轻弹我的牙齿 |
[05:37] | – The teeth are very sensual. – Excuse me?. | – 牙齿能激起人的性欲 – 不好意思? |
[05:41] | One of my girlfriends and her husband have this whole thing they do that… | 我的一个女友和他丈夫 有过类似经验 他们做了… |
[05:48] | Cream of wheat?. | 来点麦乳吗? |
[05:50] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[05:56] | – You’re not blowing me off?. – What?. | – 你该不会放我鸽子吧? – 什么? |
[05:59] | – Don’t even think about cancelling. – Hi. | – 你休想取消 – 嗨 |
[06:03] | – I’m not going to cancel. – OK. | – 我不会失约的 – 那就好 |
[06:06] | Because I had this dream that you cancelled. | 因为我梦到 你取消约会了 |
[06:12] | – See you later. – OK. | – 待会见 – 好的 |
[06:17] | Things seem to be going well. | 看来你们进展很顺利嘛 |
[06:19] | Yeah, it’s nice. We’re going to see a Russian movie. | 是啊 还不错 我们要去看一部俄罗斯电影 |
[06:24] | – Which one?. – Solaris, | – 哪部? – <索拉力星> |
[06:26] | – You’re seeing Solaris on a date?. – Is that a problem?. | – 你们约会时要去看<索拉力星>? – 这有问题吗? |
[06:30] | – No. It’s just five hours long. – Five hours?. What’s it about?. | – 没啥 只不过5个小时而已 – 5个小时? 讲的什么啊? |
[06:35] | These people locked on a space station, | 那些人被困在一个太空站 |
[06:38] | speaking Russian for five hours. | 用俄语唠叨不休了5个小时 |
[06:41] | – You’ve seen this?. – Not exactly. | – 你看过了? – 不完全 |
[06:44] | My dad took me to this revival movie theatre. | 我爸爸带我去过旧金山 重播这部影片的电影院 |
[06:48] | – I was just really confused. – What do you mean?. | – 我只是有点糊涂了 – 你这么说什么意思? |
[06:53] | Like, I sort of passed out. | 就象 我有点晕头转向了 |
[06:57] | But that was a year ago. I was much younger. | 但那是一年前 那时我还小 |
[07:00] | I’m not going to like this movie and Zach will think I’m a moron. | 我不会喜欢这部电影的 Zach会觉得我是个白痴的 |
[07:04] | No, he won’t. You saw The Exorcist, | 不 他不会的 你看过<驱魔人> |
[07:07] | That was easy. Everybody can scream. | 那部很简单 是个人都能看懂 |
[07:10] | – I can’t go and see Solaris, – You’re overreacting. | – 我不能去看<索拉力星> – 你反应过火了 |
[07:16] | I can’t go. | 我不能去 |
[07:27] | – You’re on my list. – I am?. | – 我可记住你了 – 是吗? |
[07:30] | I am being harassed because you violated a confidence. | 我一直被人骚扰 就因为你挑起的事端 |
[07:34] | – What do you mean by ‘harass’?. – A girl sang Over the Rainbow at me. | – 等等 你说”骚扰”是什么意思? – 一个女孩对着我唱<彩虹那一端> |
[07:39] | Harassment?. Isn’t that entertainment?. | 骚扰? 不只是玩玩而已吗? |
[07:42] | Everybody knows about me and Blair. I blame you. | 现在所有人都知道我和Blair了 都是你的错 |
[07:45] | You blame me?. Don’t you think that maybe I don’t care?. | 你怪我? 你就没想过也许我不知道吗? |
[07:49] | – Maybe the tin man’s talking. – Elena! | 也许是铁皮人说出去的 |
[07:54] | – Blair. – Just saying hello. | – 打声招呼而已 |
[07:58] | – Hello. | – Hello. – 你好 – 你好 |
[08:01] | – I’ve got a class. – Cool. Are you around later?. | – 我要去上课了 – 很好 你待会过来吗? |
[08:04] | – You mean, like, what?. – I can come by at four. Grab a bite. | 你指什么? 我4点能过来 我们可以一起吃点东西 |
[08:10] | OK. Good. Four o’clock. | 好的 很好 4点 |
[08:15] | – Is she always…?. – Yeah, she’s always. | – 她一直都是…? – 是的 一直都是 |
[08:19] | By withholding parts of the narration, | 通过叙述者的叙述 |
[08:22] | the narrator lets the audience infer the larger perspective. | 叙述者让观众浮想连篇 引人入胜 |
[08:26] | Browning’s My Last Duchess is a prime example of this, | 罗伯特・勃朗宁的<我的前公爵夫人> 正是一个生动的例子 |
[08:30] | but there are countless others. | 但这样的例子不胜枚举 |
[08:33] | One from Shakespeare might be… what?. | 比如莎士比亚的哪一部? |
[08:38] | Benjamin?. | |
[08:42] | Benjamin Covington?. | |
[08:45] | – My hand wasn’t up. – That’s why I asked you. | – 我没举手 – 所以才问你啊 |
[08:51] | I’m not sure. | 我不大晓得 |
[08:53] | – How about an example from Hamlet, – From Hamlet,,, | – 那举一个<哈姆雷特>里的例子吧 – <哈姆雷特>的? |
[09:01] | I’m not sure. | 我不大清楚 |
[09:03] | The “to be or not to be” speech?. Maybe?. | 那个”生存还是死亡”的演说? 对吗? |
[09:07] | Hamlet’s speech is a soliloquy. | 哈姆雷特的演说都是其内心独白 |
[09:09] | Unlike direct address, here the | 不象其他呼语 在这 观众扮演的是 偷窥者的角色 |
[09:15] | – What was that about?. – I don’t know. | – 这是怎么回事? – 我不知道 |
[09:19] | ..we see how he feeIs about himself, | 我们得知他对自身的感受 |
[09:21] | we see things other characters in the play don’t see. | 我们看到剧中其他人物所看不到的东西 |
[09:37] | – Way to go. – Thanks. How did you do?. | – 好样的 – 谢谢 你的怎样? |
[09:40] | – Great! – Especially after my last one. | – 很好! – 尤其和我上一篇比起来 |
[09:43] | You’re smiling. I’m going to fight my way in. | 噢 你们笑得真灿烂 我现在要继续前进了 |
[09:47] | I can’t believe Rogalsky got my Liz Phair reference. | 我真不敢相信Rogalsky 知道我参考了Liz Phair的文献 |
[10:01] | – Mr Covington. – Yeah?. | – Covington先生? – 有事吗? |
[10:03] | – Could I speak with you, please?. – Sure. | – 我能和你说两句吗? – 当然 |
[10:18] | When I have suspicions, I prefer to deal with them myself. | 当我对学术报告有所怀疑时 我更喜欢私下处理 |
[10:23] | OK. | 好的 |
[10:27] | Anything you’d like to say before I ask questions?. | 在我问话之前 你有什么想说的吗? |
[10:31] | – You didn’t like my paper?. – No, that’s the problem. | – 你不喜欢我的报告? – 不是 这正是问题所在 |
[10:35] | I liked it very much. | 我很喜欢 |
[10:40] | Sally, you know all I was trying to do was help, | Sally 你知道的 我只是想帮忙而已 |
[10:45] | I only wanted to help him, | 我只想帮他 |
[11:14] | – What happened?. – He’s keeping my paper. | – 怎么了? – 他扣了我的报告 |
[11:19] | Why?. | 为什么? |
[11:21] | The English Department’s going to start an investigation. | 英语系要展开一项调查 |
[11:25] | He thinks I didn’t write it. | 他并不认为那是我写的 |
[11:38] | – How can he say that?. – lnconsistent with previous work. | – 他怎么能这样难为你? – 跟我之前的作业相比较 |
[11:42] | What kind of crap is that?. I do better so I get punished. | 还有没有天理啊? 我努力做到更好却因此而受到惩罚 |
[11:46] | How come he didn’t keep mine?. | 为什么他没扣下我的呢? |
[11:48] | He was suspicious because it was an “A” paper. Dick! | 他说他起疑心 因为这是篇能拿A的报告 见鬼! |
[11:52] | He picks on you and then accuses you of cheating. Nice. | 他在课上揪你提问 然后又指责你作弊 无语了 |
[11:56] | Was there something that could have made Rogalsky think I’d copied it?. | 你看过我的报告 里面有让Rogalsky 怀疑我抄袭的段落吗? |
[12:02] | – Well, was there?. – No. | – 有吗? – 没有 |
[12:07] | I’m late for Ethics class. You’ve got to fight this. | 我伦理学要迟到了 你得积极反抗 |
[12:11] | I’m going to talk to my counsellor. This is stupid. I’ll see you. | 我去找我的辅导员谈谈 这真荒谬 待会见 |
[12:20] | Ben! | |
[12:25] | – Ben. – What’s wrong?. | – 有什么事吗? |
[12:31] | – I rewrote it. – Rewrote what?. | – 我改写了 – 改写什么? |
[12:34] | Your paper. | 你的报告 |
[12:39] | – What?. – I rewrote your paper. | – 什么? – 我改写了你的报告 |
[12:43] | What do you mean?. | 你这话什么意思? |
[12:46] | I was spellchecking it and… | 我当时正在检查拼写 然后… |
[12:48] | – Then I rewrote it. – What are you talking about?. | – 然后我改写了它 – Felicity 你到底在说些什么? |
[12:51] | – There were some things… – What things?. | – 里面有些东西 – 什么东西? |
[12:55] | – I was trying to help. – What things?. | – 我只是想帮忙 – 什么东西? |
[12:58] | – I never would have… – Look at me. | – 我绝不会… – 看着我 |
[13:01] | Was it that Shakespeare stuff he was asking me in class?. | 是不是他课上问 我的那些莎士比亚的玩意? |
[13:05] | – How could you do that?. – I’m sorry. | – 你怎么能这么做? – 对不起 |
[13:08] | I don’t understand. Why?. | 我不懂 你为什么要这么做? |
[13:11] | I’m sorry. I’ll go tell him that it was my fault. Right now. | Ben 对不起 我现在就去告诉他 这都是我的错 |
[13:15] | Just get away from me! | 离我远点! 滚! |
[13:31] | – I won’t take it personally. – What?. | – 我不是要针对你 – 针对什么? |
[13:34] | – How flaky you are. – Good. Don’t. It’s been crazy. | – 真不敢相信你有多么地捉摸不定 – 很好 你不该 真相信你就疯了 |
[13:39] | – Let’s get some coffee. – I can’t. I have chem lab tonight. | – 我们去喝点咖啡吧 – 真的不行 我今晚要去化学实验室 |
[13:44] | – Want to hang out later?. – I can’t tonight. | – 那想迟点一起出去吗? – 今晚不行 |
[13:48] | Elena! You know Hunan Pan over on Hudson?. | 知道哈德森河边的那家湖南馆子吗? |
[13:53] | – Yeah. – We’re going tomorrow night. | – 知道 – 我们明晚要去那 |
[13:56] | Eight o’clock. If you’re not there, I will never bother you again. | 晚上八点 如果你不来 我就再也不来烦你了 |
[14:03] | – OK. Tomorrow night. – Tomorrow night. | – 好的 明晚见 – 明晚见 |
[14:10] | – You did what?. – Don’t make me feel worse. | – 你干嘛了? – 别再说我了 我已经觉得糟透了 |
[14:14] | – But this is serious. – I know. | – 不是在说你 但这问题很严重 – 我知道 |
[14:16] | Mr Rogalsky wasn’t there. I’ll tell him first thing tomorrow. | Rogalsky不在那 明天早上我先过去告诉他这事 |
[14:21] | – Wait a minute. Don’t move. – Where are you going?. | – 等等 先别走 – 你去哪? |
[14:35] | – The Resident Advisor Handbook, – You’re not going to read it to me?. | – 你知道这个吗? 宿舍指导手册 – 你该不会要念这给我听吧? |
[14:40] | They make us read the chapter about cheaters. | 他们逼我们读的一章里面 讲的全是作弊行为 |
[14:44] | – I’m not a cheater. – Plagiarism is a big deal here. | 我又没作弊 我只是警告你 剽窃在大学里后果是很严重的 |
[14:49] | Definite suspension. On your record. | 铁定留级 你档案里也会有记录 – 就因为改写了Ben的报告? 不是吧 – 是的 你和Ben都会 不 不会有事的 |
[14:52] | – Just for rewriting Ben’s paper?. No. – Yeah. You and Ben. | |
[14:56] | Noel, this is going to be fine. | |
[14:59] | If you don’t handle this right, you’re going to be in real trouble. | 听着 如果这事处理不好 你的麻烦可就大了 |
[15:04] | So what are you suggesting?. | 那么你有什么建议吗? 就现在而言 按兵不动 我去好好了解一下情况 |
[15:07] | For now, don’t do anything. I’ll see what I can find out. | |
[15:50] | – You talked to Rogalsky – Not yet. But I… | – 你和Rogalsky说没? – 还没 不过我… |
[15:54] | Don’t. I need a copy of that essay you turned in. | 别说了 什么都别说 我需要份你给我上交的报告副本 |
[15:57] | – Why?. – I’m taking care of this myself. | – 为什么? – 因为这事我要自己搞定 |
[16:02] | Just give me the essay. | 把报告给我就是 |
[16:18] | – What are you going to do?. – Tell him I wrote it. | – 你要怎么做? – 我要告诉他这是我写的 |
[16:22] | That’s not a good idea. | 我不觉得这是个好主意 |
[16:24] | I don’t want your advice and I don’t want your help. | 我不管你怎么想 我不需要你的建议 我也不想要你的帮忙 |
[16:28] | – Let me tell them it was my fault. – It’s not. | – 让我告诉他们 这是我的错 – 不 这不是你的错 |
[16:31] | It’s my fault. I trusted you to turn in my essay. | 是我的错 我错信了你 让你帮我交报告 |
[17:07] | – Cheating is a serious business. – Yes, Sir, I know. | – 作弊是一种很严重的行为 – 是的 我知道 |
[17:12] | – Do you ever go on the lnternet?. – Yes, I have my own webpage. | – 你上过网吗? – 上过 事实上我还有自己的主页 |
[17:19] | You can purchase term papers on line. | 你在线上就可以买学期报告 |
[17:23] | Yes, I saw that. Of course, I’ve never done it. | 是的 我看过 当然 我从来没这么做过 |
[17:26] | But this person I know, who is concerned with the issue of cheating, | 但我的这位朋友 对作弊一事非常关注 |
[17:32] | is curious what the process is. | 她很想知道这件事的流程安排 |
[17:35] | – Any cheating is unacceptable. – I totally agree. | – 无论何时 作弊都是不可接受的 – 我完全同意 |
[17:39] | A quarter of our graduates acknowledge academic impropriety. | 有四分之一的我校毕业生 承认其学术造假 |
[17:44] | – That’s a high percentage. – That percentage is going to change. | 这比例可真高啊 在我的领导下 这一局面将会有所改变 |
[17:50] | Right on. I mean, you know, that’s really important. | 绝对正确 我是说 你知道的 这真的很重要 |
[17:54] | Do you feel comfortable telling me the name of this person?. | 你是否介意告诉我此人的名字? |
[17:59] | The one who asked what happens when someone is caught cheating?. | 那位向你询问作弊被抓如何处置的同学? |
[18:05] | No. | 不行 |
[18:06] | – You don’t feel comfortable?. – Not very. So… | – 你觉得不舒服? – 不是很好 所以… |
[18:11] | Is it one of your advisees?. | 是你的一个指导学生吗? |
[18:15] | No. Not at all. | 不 根本不是 |
[18:19] | It’s a friend who’s concerned about another friend. That’s the truth. | 只是我一个朋友关心她的另一个朋友 我说的是实话 |
[18:26] | Sometimes the best thing to do is step up and take your medicine. | 有时 最好的解决办法就是 站出来承认错误并接受处分 |
[18:32] | Why are you telling me this?. | 为什么你要告诉我这些? |
[18:36] | Here’s what I suggest, Noel. | 我对此事的建议是 Noel |
[18:40] | Tell this concerned friend of yours that if he or she is caught | 告诉你的那位朋友 如果他或她被抓到 |
[18:45] | turning in a paper that he or she did not write, | 上交并非自己所写的报告 |
[18:48] | I will make an example of that person. | 我会拿他惩一儆百的 |
[18:53] | – What do you mean, it’s a disaster?. – If he’s pretending he wrote this… | – 你说 “大难临头了”是什么意思? – 如果他一口咬定是他自己写的 |
[18:59] | If he’s saying he wrote it, there’s a whole tribunal thing. | 如果他咬定是他写的 这事就得接受审判了 |
[19:02] | – What?. Like a court?. – Yeah. I mean, either way, it’s bad. | – 什么意思? 像法庭一样? – 是的 不管怎么做 都很不妙 |
[19:07] | If he says he didn’t write it, even if you say why you did, it’s trouble. | 如果他承认不是他写的 就算你承认 为什么要这么做 那你有难了 |
[19:12] | If he says he wrote it, they’ll grill him about things he doesn’t know. | 如果他咬定是他写的 他们会对他严加盘问 我并不认为他应付得了 |
[19:17] | – You’re right. This is a disaster. – Talk him out of it. | – 你说得对 这下糟了 – 你得劝他 |
[19:21] | – Ben hates my guts. – Can I be honest?. | – Ben对我恨之如骨 – 我能说句实话吗? |
[19:25] | – You would, too?. – Sort of. | – 换作是你也会? – 有点? |
[19:29] | Get someone he’ll listen to to talk to him. | 找他听得进去的人跟他谈谈 |
[19:32] | Someone who’ll convince him to be honest about what happened. | 一个能说服他坦白交代的人 |
[19:38] | – Someone who’s not me. – Please! Will you just talk to him?. | – 某人指的不是我 – 拜托 能和他谈谈吗? |
[19:42] | – No! – I’ll owe you one. | – 不要! – 我会欠你一个大人情的 |
[19:44] | Don’t you already owe me one?. | 你不早就欠了我吗? |
[20:02] | Excuse me. I’m looking for Solaris, I think it’s Tarkovsky. | 不好意思 我找<索拉力星>这部电影 我想是塔可夫斯基拍的 |
[20:11] | I think you’re right. | 我想你是对的 |
[20:15] | It’s playing at the Mercer tomorrow. | 明晚 这部电影将在Mercer电影院放映 |
[20:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:20] | I’m renting it for after, in case we miss something. | 我租这片 以防我看完电影后 有所遗漏 |
[20:24] | – Don’t worry. You’ll do fine. – Excuse me?. | – 别担心 你会做得很好的 – 不好意思? |
[20:28] | Just remember, “A celebration of the power of love in a hostile universe”‘ | 只要记得 “这是人类在外星球 用爱的力量所取得的巨大胜利” |
[20:34] | – He’ll eat it up. – Who?. | – 他会对你刮目相看的 – 谁? |
[20:36] | Your date’s in film school, right?. | 那家伙念电影学院 你的约会对象 对吧? |
[20:39] | He has some Elmore Leonard thing he did the summer after high school | 他16岁时有艾尔莫・雷纳德情结 他在高中过后的那个暑假看过 |
[20:44] | that he’s very touchy about. | 并为此深深感动 |
[20:46] | – How am I doing?. – You’re freaking me out. | – 我说得对吗? – 你吓到我了 |
[20:49] | So you have to share his love of cinema. | 所以你必须分享他对电影的热爱 |
[20:52] | So he starts with some ’70s standard, maybe Chinatown? | 所以他的开场白会是70年代的 也许<唐人街>? |
[20:57] | – The Exorcist, – Freaky… | – <驱魔人> – 够变态 |
[21:01] | But he’s moved on to something more serious | 但是他现在开始喜欢更严肃的东西 |
[21:03] | and you’re not sure you’re up to it. | 你不确定你对此抱有兴趣 |
[21:07] | Kind of. | 有点 |
[21:12] | Hey, you know, don’t sweat this. | 嘿 你知道吗 别紧张 |
[21:14] | This is standard freshman courtship ritual. | 这是大一新生标准的求偶行为 |
[21:20] | Just remember, he’s trying to impress you, not vice versa. | 只要记得 他只是想给你留个好印象 而不是相反 |
[21:25] | That’s $2:50. | 一共两元50分 |
[21:28] | I wish they had, like, Cliff notes for these movies. | 我希望他们有这类电影的观影指南 |
[21:31] | They don’t. They have me. I’m P J. | 他们没有 他们有我 我叫PJ |
[21:36] | Late fee’s two bucks a day. | 迟还罚款两元一天 |
[21:48] | – Can I talk to you?. – Sure, but I was just going out. | – 我能和你说几句吗? – 当然没问题 但我正要出去 |
[21:51] | No. | 先别 |
[21:55] | What are you doing?. Will the elevator be OK?. | 你在干嘛? 这样弄电梯不会坏吧? |
[21:59] | Don’t worry about it. I need your advice about men. | 别担心 我需要你给我点关于男人的建议 |
[22:03] | You need my advice about men?. | 你需要我给关于男人的建议? |
[22:07] | I had my life figured out. | 我过去是这么认为的 |
[22:09] | That goes for the guys, too, the ones I usually get with. | 我生活中的男孩也是这么想的 那些我经常交往的 |
[22:14] | Things are clear, we both have needs. | 事情从一开始就明摆着 他们有需要 我也有需要 |
[22:17] | Sex happens when it happens and when I want to end something, | 上床自然顺理成章 当我想从中抽身时 |
[22:22] | there’s no guilt, no tears, nothing. I just squash it and kill it dead. | 没有愧疚 也没有眼泪 统统没有 我就这样消灭了它 |
[22:28] | – And then you eat it?. – Are you mocking me?. | – 那你吃了它? – 你在嘲笑我吗? |
[22:32] | I’m just not sure I understand your problem. | 我只不是不大懂你的烦心事 |
[22:36] | Blair. I spent one night with him, now he’s always around. | Blair 我和他睡过一晚上 现在他冤魂不散地缠着我 |
[22:40] | He wants to have Chinese food! You know what I’m saying?. I can’t… | 还想要我一起去吃中华料理 你知道我在说什么吗? 我不能… |
[22:46] | – Kill it dead. – You’re mocking me. | – 消灭它 – 你在嘲笑我 |
[22:49] | No. I just mean that maybe you don’t want to. | 不 我是指 也许你并不想消灭它 |
[22:55] | Maybe you should consider that you might actually enjoy his company. | 也许你该考虑下 你也许喜欢他缠着自己 |
[23:01] | Just one possible theory. | 只是有这个可能而已 |
[23:12] | And next time you want to talk… | 还有 下次如果你想找我谈谈 |
[23:16] | – I don’t have to kidnap you?. – Yeah. | – 我不必绑架你? – 是的 |
[23:21] | Cool. | 很好 |
[23:35] | You get it. | 你去开门 |
[23:38] | – Can you get that?. – Yeah. | – 你能去开下门吗? – 好的 |
[23:48] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[23:50] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[23:51] | I didn’t buzz. There was a guy coming in with a bird. | 不是我多嘴 听说有人带鸟到这来 |
[23:55] | Alex. He trains birds for commercials. | 是Alex 他贩卖小鸟 |
[24:04] | – Can I come in?. – Sure. | – 我能进去吗? – 当然 |
[24:12] | Hey, this is great. I’m sorry I missed your party. | 嘿 这地方真好 真遗憾错过了你们的派对 |
[24:16] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[24:18] | – Marzipan boxer?. – What?. | – 来点拳击手软糖吗? – 什么? |
[24:21] | My new business idea. | 我新的商业创意 |
[24:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:28] | Look. | 听着 |
[24:33] | I know this is probably none of my business, | 我知道可能是我多管闲事了 |
[24:36] | and we don’t even actually know each other really, | 我们也不是很熟 |
[24:41] | but Felicity told me your strategy and, I have to say, | 但是Felicity跟我说了你的主意 我不得不说 |
[24:45] | – I think it’s pretty dangerous. – I’m glad she told you about this. | – 我觉得这相当危险 – 我真高兴她跟你说了这些 |
[24:50] | – She didn’t know what to do. – Look, thanks, but I’m doing OK. | – 她不知如何是好 – 听着 谢了 但我没事 |
[24:55] | I talked to the Dean of Students. | 我和训导主任谈过了 |
[24:58] | Don’t worry, I didn’t use your name. | 别担心 我没提你的名字 |
[25:02] | But I asked him hypothetically what might happen. | 但是我试探性地问了下后果 |
[25:05] | They won’t kick me out over this. | 他们不会因这就把我开除的 |
[25:08] | If you say you wrote it and they find out, you’re suspended, at least. | 如果你说那篇报告是你写的 他们又揭穿了你 你至少要留级一年 |
[25:13] | – What do you care if I’m gone?. – I know Felicity cares. | – 你干嘛关心我是去是留呢? – 我知道Felicity关心 |
[25:18] | And they’ll put something on your record. | 如果你不被开除 你的档案也会 留下不良记录 |
[25:22] | Tell Felicity I got the message, all right?. | 帮个忙 跟Felicity说我晓得了 好吧? |
[25:25] | – All she wants to do is help. – I don’t want her help! | – 她只是想帮忙而已 – 我不要她的帮忙! |
[25:29] | This is amazing! All I want is for her to leave me alone. | 真是奇了 我想要的只是 她离我远远的 |
[25:33] | I can take care of this myself. | 好吗? 我自己可以搞定 |
[25:35] | With all respect, I don’t think you can. | 无意冒犯 但我不认为你行 |
[25:39] | You’re wrong. And Felicity is crazy, all right?. | 你错了 Felicity也疯了 行了吧? |
[25:43] | And I’m busy, trying to learn all this stuff I wrote in my paper. | 我现在很忙 忙着吸收消化 我报告里乱七八糟的东西 |
[25:52] | – Bite his head off. – What?. | – 咬它的头 – 什么? |
[25:54] | – It’s candy. – Oh. Umm… | – 这是糖做的 – 噢 |
[25:58] | No, thanks. All right?. | 不了 谢谢 |
[26:29] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[26:31] | – Are we still on for the movie?. – Yeah, sure. | – 我们还去看电影吧? – 是啊 当然 |
[26:37] | – Are you OK?. – Yeah. I’m studying. | – 你还好吗? – 很好 我在学习 |
[26:41] | – For tomorrow night. – What?. | – 为了明晚 – 什么? |
[26:43] | Tomorrow night?. I picked up the tickets early. | 明晚? 我提前去买票了 |
[26:46] | – I thought there might be a line. – To get in?. | – 我本以为要排长队的 – 入场? |
[26:50] | I should warn you, it’s a little long. | 噢 我该提前跟你说一声 这片有点长 |
[26:53] | – Yeah, it’s a classic. – Right. So who cares?. | – 是啊 经典嘛 – 也对 管它呢? |
[26:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:58] | – See you tomorrow night?. – OK. | – 那明晚见咯? – 好的 |
[27:39] | So tomorrow morning, Ben faces off with Mr Rogalsky | 于是第2天早上 Ben就要孤身面对Rogalsky |
[27:44] | and two other professors, | 还有其他两位教授 |
[27:48] | 9 a,m, | 早上九点 |
[28:00] | You seen Ben?. | 你见过Ben没? |
[28:01] | No, Rogalsky went in with two professors. | 没 但Rogalsky与两位教授进去了 |
[28:04] | One was Linda Cohen. | 其中一位是Linda Cohen |
[28:06] | – Who’s that?. – Head of English. | – 那是谁? – 英语系的头头 |
[28:08] | Oh, God! You’ve got to convince him not to do this. | 噢 天啊 你得说服他不要那么做 |
[28:13] | Before you go in there, listen to me. | 好的 在你进去之前 听我说 |
[28:16] | It was a horrible thing I did. | 我犯了个弥天大错 我知错了 |
[28:19] | So just let me take the blame. | 所以让我一人承担便好 你没必要卷进来 |
[28:22] | – I don’t want you to say anything. – Why?. | – 不 我不要你吭声 – 为什么? 这说不过去 |
[28:26] | The quote you added, the Bosworth thing, was that from the anthology?. | 你引用的伯斯沃茨的那些东西 是来自诗选的吗? |
[28:31] | – Was it?. – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是 |
[28:36] | Ben… | |
[28:39] | Don’t do this. | 别这么干 |
[28:51] | You allude to Browning’s dramatic irony. | 在你的报告中 你提到了 勃朗宁的戏剧性讽示 |
[28:54] | – Could you please define that term?. – Sure. | – 你能详细说明一下吗? – 当然 |
[28:59] | Browning uses irony to tell a story. | 勃朗宁利用讽刺手法来叙述故事 |
[29:02] | Could you define it, please?. | 能请你详细说明下吗? |
[29:05] | Yes. Irony… | 好的 讽刺… |
[29:09] | – It’s complicated. – Take your time. | – 这很复杂 – 慢慢来 不急 |
[29:20] | – How’s he doing?. – I can’t tell. | – 他做得如何? – 我说不上来 |
[29:22] | – Is he in there already?. – 1 5 minutes. | – 他已经在里面了? – 进去15分钟了 |
[29:26] | – Can I talk to you?. – Are you OK?. | – 我能和你说两句吗? – 你没事吧? |
[29:29] | – Yeah, I’ll call you after. – I’m going to be in my room. | – 没事 事完后打给你 – 那我回寝室了 |
[29:37] | I’m halfway through Solaris, which is, like, hell! | 我<索拉力星>正看到一半呢 简直如坠地狱 |
[29:42] | Dean Allison called me. He’s convinced I wrote it. | 训导主任给我打电话了 他坚信那篇报告是我写的 |
[29:47] | – What?. – Wants to scare me into confessing. | – 什么? – 他想吓唬我 好叫我全盘托出 |
[29:49] | He basically told me that, once the disciplinary board gets involved, | 他跟我长篇大论 大致是这个意思 一旦纪律审裁委员会介入调查 |
[29:54] | they examine the student’s entire record, including the application. | 他们会清查学生的全部档案 包括入学申请 |
[29:58] | I don’t understand. | 我不大明白 |
[30:01] | You said Ben lied on his application?. | 你说过Ben在入学申请里撒谎了 对吧? |
[30:03] | If they realise that he never had a brother… | 如果他们读过 发现Ben根本没有过兄弟 |
[30:07] | I mean, lying to get in?. Forget suspension; he’s expelled. | 我是说 造假入学? 别提留级了 他要被开除的 |
[30:11] | – OK, what the hell do I do?. – Go in and tell them the truth. | – 好了 那我该怎么做? – 你得进去告诉他们真相 |
[30:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:23] | I do. I know. The truth comes out, whether you tell it or not. | 我知道 我确信 不论你说与不说 真相都会水落石出的 |
[30:28] | …that’s exactly what I’m trying to say… | 这正是我所努力阐明的 |
[30:34] | You think he’s talking to you | 你觉得他是在跟你说话 |
[30:36] | but you find out he’s talking to someone else, an envoy, right?. | 但你发现 他其实是在和其他人说话 一位使者 对吧? |
[30:40] | – Does that answer your question?. – Yes. | – 这样能回答你的问题吗? – 是的 |
[30:44] | – Yes. – Could you better explain | – 是吗? – 你能更好地解释下 |
[30:47] | your connection between My Last Duchess and Hamlet? | <我已故的公爵夫人>和 <哈姆雷特>之间的联系吗? |
[30:54] | Both the poem and the play use a literary technique | 这首诗和这出戏剧 都用到了一种写作技巧 |
[30:57] | that engages the reader or the viewer | 以此吸引读者和观众 |
[31:01] | by making them an active participant. | 通过让读者参与其中 |
[31:06] | Well, in Hamlet, his monologues… | 在哈姆雷特中 他的独白 |
[31:11] | soliloquies, make you a character in the play, | 独白 使人假想自己就是剧中人 |
[31:14] | just like Browning does by having the Duke talk right to the reader. | 就像勃朗宁所做的 让公爵直接与读者对话 |
[31:23] | I would like you to compare and contrast | 我想让你比较和对照一下 |
[31:26] | My Last Duchess with Browning’s Count Gismond, | <我已故的公爵夫人>和 勃朗宁的Count Gismond |
[31:32] | Yeah, Count Gismond, | 好的 Count Gismond |
[31:48] | Sorry, this room’s a little bit nerve racking. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 这房间有点叫人伤脑筋 |
[31:53] | The narrator. It’s the narrator. | 叙述者 是叙述者啊 |
[32:02] | – I didn’t write the paper. – Oh, my God! | – 那篇报告不是我写的 – 噢 我的上帝 |
[32:10] | – Then who did?. – I bought it off some guy. | – 那是谁写的? – 我向别人买的 |
[32:14] | I don’t even know his name. | 我甚至不知道他的名字 |
[32:19] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:22] | I wrote it. | 是我写的 |
[32:28] | You wrote Ben’s essay?. | Ben的报告是你写的? |
[32:33] | I rewrote it. He didn’t ask me to. | 我改写的 他没让我这么做 |
[32:37] | It was my decision, my mistake, | 我自行决定的 我的错 |
[32:40] | and I just turned it in without him knowing. | 我在他毫不知情的情况下交了上去 |
[32:45] | So I’m the one who’s in trouble here. | 所以我才是惹祸的人 |
[32:48] | You rewrote Ben’s paper?. | 你改写了Ben的报告? |
[32:51] | Yes, Sir. | 是的 |
[32:53] | Without his asking you to?. | 在不征求他意见的情况下 |
[32:58] | – That’s right. – Do you mind my asking why?. | – 是这样的 – 你介意我问这是为什么吗? |
[33:09] | Because I’m stupid. All right?. | 因为我够蠢 行了吧? |
[33:13] | Obviously, that’s the answer. | 显然 这就是答案 行了吧? |
[33:15] | She read my paper, it wasn’t good enough, so I’m an idiot. | 对吧 她读了我的报告 觉得不够好 所以Ben是个大白痴 |
[33:19] | That’s a lesson for today. | 今天我受够教训了 |
[33:23] | Mr Covington! | Covington先生! |
[33:59] | I just wanted to let you know | 我只想让你知道 |
[34:02] | that I made sure they know you had nothing to do with it. | 我已确保他们知道 你与这事毫无瓜葛 |
[34:06] | If anyone’s going to be expelled, it’ll be me. | 如果有人要被开除的话 只会是我 |
[34:12] | Why did you do it?. | 你为什么要这么做? |
[34:15] | I mean, when you read my paper, how bad was it?. | 我是说 当你读我的报告时 真的有那么糟吗? |
[34:19] | It wasn’t bad. | 不是不好 |
[34:22] | But I’m a geek. I’m… I’m a teacher’s pet. | 但我是个书呆子 我是…我是老师的宠儿 |
[34:28] | I was trying to add some language to it to get you a better grade | 我只是想多写些东西 帮你拿一个更高的分数 |
[34:33] | which is loathsome, I know. | 我知道这样做很令人反感 |
[34:41] | You had a million friends in high school | 你高中时代朋友无数 |
[34:44] | and you were amazing at sports and you were so popular, | 你又擅长体育 你是那么地受欢迎 |
[34:49] | but I had one thing. My classes. | 但我仅有一样 我的学习 |
[34:53] | I knew how to take tests and write papers. | 我晓得如何通过考试和写报告 |
[34:57] | I never should have assumed you needed help | 我千不该 万不该 猜想你需要我的帮忙 |
[35:02] | when you really didn’t. | 在你显然并不需要的时候 |
[35:12] | The last thing I ever wanted to do | 我最不愿意做的事 |
[35:15] | was to make you feel anything less than amazing. | 就是让你觉得自己不够出类拔萃 |
[35:23] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:26] | I just had to talk to you. | 我只想告诉你这些 |
[35:30] | Yeah. Good night. | 好的 晚安 |
[35:50] | Hello. | 哈喽 |
[35:51] | There was a waiting list for reserved reading. I’d have lost my place. | 我在预借书籍的等待名单中 但书只有两本 管理员说我今晚若是不在 书就要换主了 |
[35:58] | No, it was fine. I met this guy waiting for his Peking duck. | 没事 我很好 我遇到一个正在等 北京烤鸭的家伙 排队有多无聊的 |
[36:02] | He works for this company over on Lafayette | 他所在公司给老佛爷百货商店供货 |
[36:06] | that manufactures nozzles. | 那公司生产喷嘴 主要生产那个 |
[36:08] | – Nozzles?. – Actually, they assemble them. | – 喷嘴? – 其实 他们只是装配喷嘴 |
[36:12] | They used to make them there, | 他们过去在本地自产 |
[36:14] | but now it’s cheaper to get the brass from overseas, from T aiwan. | 但现在从海外 从台湾 买黄铜更便宜 |
[36:19] | – I said I was sorry. – Actually, you didn’t. | – 我说过我很抱歉 – 其实 你并没有 |
[36:22] | That’s fine. I could walk away and assume the other night meant nothing. | 没啥大不了 我大可以识趣地走人 猜想那晚只是一场风花雪月 |
[36:27] | Except I like the sandwich maker who hates Halloween, | 除了 我喜欢那个反感万圣节的 三文治大厨 |
[36:31] | the jazz freak who thinks Charlie Parker’s overrated, | 那个认为查理・帕克 浪得虚名的爵士狂人 |
[36:35] | even the compulsive overachiever who waits hours for reserved reading. | 我甚至能接受那个为了借本烂书而等上 好几个小时的强迫性高成就者 |
[36:40] | That was reading I needed to do. | 那是我的功课 |
[36:42] | But I do have trouble with the Elena who pushes people away | Elena 但我的确不爽那个 拒人于千里之外的Elena |
[36:47] | because she’s scared to admit she likes them | 因为她害怕承认自己喜欢他们 |
[36:49] | and thinks nobody gets that, even though everyone does. | 自以为无人知晓 哪怕是无人不知 |
[36:54] | That’s such a bunch of crap. | 你说的全是废话 |
[37:01] | I brought you some orange chicken. | 我给你带了份香橙鸡丁 |
[37:18] | – I really loved it. – You did?. The whole thing?. | – 我真喜欢这部电影 – 真的? 整部? |
[37:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:23] | You mean, for the short time that your eyes were open?. | 你是说 正式放映前那一会 你的双眼还是睁开的? |
[37:27] | – I didn’t fall asleep?. – Yeah. | 我没睡着吧? |
[37:30] | – God! Was I snoring?. – In my ear. I was going to wake you, | – 天啊 我有打鼾吗? – 对着我耳朵 我本想叫醒你 |
[37:34] | – but I liked you snoring in my ear. – I need to explain. | – 但我有点喜欢你打鼾的声音 – 好的 我得解释一下 |
[37:38] | No, you don’t. The movie’s endless. | 不 你不必 这电影长得象块裹脚布 |
[37:41] | No, you don’t understand. I already saw it. | 不 你不明白 我已经看过了 |
[37:44] | I wanted to understand it so I just, you know… | 我希望弄明白它 所以我只是 你知道的… |
[37:49] | I didn’t want you to think I was an idiot, so I rented it. | 我不想你认为我是个白痴 所以我去租了它 |
[37:55] | Well, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t fall asleep a little myself. | 好吧 我要是说我一点也不困 那就是自欺欺人了 |
[38:01] | You’re saying that to make me feel better. | 你这么说只是想让我好过 |
[38:03] | – It’s not a big deal. – It’s a movie. | – 得了 没什么大不了 – 这是部电影 |
[38:06] | – So what?. – You really like movies. | – 那又如何呢? – 你真的喜欢电影 |
[38:10] | I really like you. | 我真的喜欢你 |
[38:53] | The three of us had a long conference. | 我和Cohen教授讨论了很久 |
[38:56] | We debated going to Dean Allison with this issue. | 我们争论这事是否要交由 训导主任Allison处理 |
[39:00] | Professor Cohen felt that this should be treated | Cohen教授觉得这事应该严肃对待 |
[39:04] | Iike any other case of academic impropriety. | 如同其他的学术造假案例 |
[39:11] | But I argued against it. | 但我持反对意见 |
[39:13] | I felt this was more a case of poor judgement. | 我认为这只是缺乏判断力的 又一生动案例 |
[39:17] | So neither of you will go before the University Board | 所以你俩 不必闹到学校董事会那儿了 |
[39:22] | and you won’t be expelled. | 你俩也不会被开除 |
[39:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:29] | Of course, you’ll both fail this paper, | 当然 你们俩的这次报告都将不及格 |
[39:33] | which will severely affect on your final grade. | 这会严重影响到你们的最终分数 |
[39:37] | By the way, Ben, I read your original paper. | 顺便提一下 Ben 我读了你原版的报告 |
[39:44] | You would have got a “B”. | 你能拿个”B” |
[40:01] | Ben. | |
[40:06] | I know that I’ve said this and I’ll keep saying it, | 我知道我已经说过 我也会一直说下去的 |
[40:10] | but I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:13] | It’s OK. | 没事 |
[40:19] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[40:32] | Dear Felicity, | 亲爱的Felicity |
[40:34] | I’ve spent the last two nights camping in the desert by myself, | 我前两天正独自一人在沙漠露营 |
[40:41] | Emmett and I were going too fast, | Emmett和我进展得太快了 |
[40:44] | so getting away helps clear my head, | 分开一段时间有助于我理清思绪 |
[40:54] | It’s interesting, what you did for Ben, | 你为Ben所做的事很有意思 |
[40:57] | You have expectations for who he is, for what you want him to be, | 你对他有所期待 期待他成为你所想要的男人 |
[41:02] | That’s just normal, | 这很正常 |
[41:06] | I have those same expectations for Emmett, which I know is unfair, | 我对Emmett也有同样的期望 尽管我知道这并不公平 |
[41:13] | He isn’t perfect, | 他并不完美 |
[41:15] | He isn’t John, | 他也不是John |
[41:28] | Listening to your tape, I was reminded of this poem, | 听着你的录音带 我想起了一首诗 |
[41:32] | It has this central question, | 它有这样一个中心问题 |
[41:36] | Is it harder to count on someone | 哪个更难受呢? 是依靠某人 |
[41:39] | or to know that you’re the one being counted upon? | 还是知道自己是那个被依靠的人 ? |
[41:57] | Anyway, there’s this part that goes, “If equal affection cannot be, | 不管怎么说 有一段是这么说的 “如果没有相等的爱 |
[42:02] | Let the more loving one be me”‘ | 那就让我爱多一些吧” |
[42:08] | Have you ever read that one? It’s one of my favourites, | 你是否念过这首呢? 这是我最喜欢的一篇 |
[42:57] | Subtitles by lMS |