时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | *** | |
[00:02] | *** | 你怎么连一次高中派对都没去过 |
[00:04] | *** | 我去过几次 |
[00:06] | *** | 你们俩是怎么回事? 你和Ben是在约会吗 |
[00:09] | *** | 哦 不 我们只是普通朋友 |
[00:10] | *** | 你甚至不了解我 怎么会爱我? |
[00:17] | *** | – 你是在躲着我吗 – 有点 |
[00:21] | *** | 是因为和Felicity之间的事 还是因为我? |
[00:24] | *** | 我时常对人产生感觉 我是个敏感的男人 |
[00:27] | *** | – 是啊 每个人都能吸引我 – 是吗? |
[00:36] | felicity Season 1 Episode 3 | |
[01:11] | Dear Sally,I’m probably making too big a deal of this, | 亲爱的Sally 我可能小题大做了 |
[01:15] | I’m sure I am,but tonight is my first official college party… . | 肯定是这样… 可今晚是我大学的第一个正式舞会 |
[01:21] | ever. | 第一次 |
[01:24] | I think I have everything down. | 我想一切都准备就绪了 |
[01:25] | Is there anything else you guys want to tell me that I haven’t heard yet? | 你们还有什么要告诉我的吗 |
[01:28] | This party’s gonna need a good band. | 派对需要一只好的乐队 |
[01:30] | I know some bands that are mint. | 我知道一些乐队 给点钱 |
[01:32] | And they’ll come down. | 他们就能来 |
[01:33] | Yeah,like,I think I’ve said,what,six times now, | 是啊 可我差不多说了六遍 |
[01:35] | we’re just going to have to use CDs and tapes,ok. | 我们只能用CD或者磁带 好吗 |
[01:37] | It’s a university ordinance,and as resident advisor,it’s my responsibility. | 这是大学的规定 作为宿舍指导 也是我的责任 |
[01:41] | I think we should have a band. | 我觉得真的需要一只乐队 |
[01:42] | Yeah,I think we’re all very aware of that, | 是的 我想大家都明白你的意思 |
[01:44] | and somewhat concerned that you’re not giving it up. | 还对你的锲而不舍有点担心 |
[01:48] | Now,I haven’t heard back from the AV department,uh, | 我现在还没收到声象部的回音 |
[01:51] | does anyone have access to a good sound system? | 谁能搞到一套好的音响设备 |
[01:57] | I can do it. | 我能 |
[01:58] | You can do what? | 你能干什么? |
[02:00] | The party. | 开派对 |
[02:01] | The whole thing. I’ll take care of it. | 所有的事 我都罩了 |
[02:03] | The whole party? | 整个派对? |
[02:04] | I’ve got a big family. My cousins,I mean it,they’d kill for me. | 我有个大家庭 我的兄弟们 说真的 他们能为我砍人 |
[02:08] | We just want to throw a party. | 我们只是想开派对 |
[02:09] | I know.I’ll take care of it. | 我知道 我罩了 |
[02:11] | You’ll meet Yuri. | 你会见到Yuri |
[02:12] | He’ll get us what we need. Ok? | 他能搞到我们想要的 好吗 |
[02:14] | Like a band? | 比如乐队? |
[02:15] | Mitch! | |
[02:18] | -No,he didn’t! -Yes,that’s what Noel said. | – 不 他没有 – 有 Noel就是这么说的 |
[02:21] | Last year at the same party, three people showed up naked. | 去年同样的派对上 有3个人出来裸奔 |
[02:25] | Whoa.I’m going to be wearing clothes to this party. | 哦 我一定会穿上衣服出席的 |
[02:28] | Me,too. | 我也是 |
[02:31] | Hey,I want to ask you something. | 嘿 我想问你些事 |
[02:33] | Um,I went by your room last night,and you weren’t there. | 我昨晚经过你房间 可你不在 |
[02:36] | Oh,I was — I was at Lucky Strike. | 哦 我到好彩巷去了 |
[02:39] | Really,with who. | 真的吗 和谁? |
[02:40] | I went over there with this girl Astrid. | 我和一个叫Astrid的女孩去的 |
[02:43] | It wasn’t very special. | 没什么特别的 |
[02:45] | Oh. | 哦 |
[02:47] | Well,I just to make sure something was ok with you before I did it. | 我只是想在开始行动前 确保你没意见 |
[02:52] | I want to invite Ben to the party. | 我想邀请Ben来派对 |
[02:55] | Good. You should. | 好啊 应该的 |
[02:58] | -What? You’re getting weird. -No.I’m not. | – 怎么了 你有点奇怪 – 不 没有 |
[03:01] | You… … you should definately invite Ben. | 你…绝对应该邀请Ben |
[03:04] | That doesn’t bother you? | 不会烦到你吗? |
[03:06] | In no way does it bother me. | 怎么会烦到我 |
[03:08] | We were like a 24-hour virus,me and Ben. | 我和Ben就像24小时的病毒 |
[03:13] | I don’t mean to blow this out of proportion, | 我不是想故意制造尴尬的 |
[03:15] | but it’s kinda of a big deal,isn’t it? | 可这算得上个大事 对吗 |
[03:17] | You know,our first college party. | 我大学里的第一个派对 |
[03:18] | Oh,yeah. It’s huge! | 哦 是啊 很重大 |
[03:20] | You know,how older people are always saying, | 你知道 过来人都怎么说吗 |
[03:21] | “I’ll never forget my first college party”? | “我永远不会忘记大学的第一次派对” |
[03:24] | Ok,I — I just want to make sure that you’re not… . | 好的 我只是想确定你不会… |
[03:26] | I’m not.I’m fine with it. | 不会 我不介意 |
[03:29] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[03:31] | Julie’s right,right. | Julie说的没错 对吧 |
[03:33] | I mean,the first college party is when it all happens. | 大学的第一次派对都是这样 |
[03:36] | Ok, | 好了 |
[03:38] | so,and this is just one version of how it could go,one secnario. | 这是派对发展的一种版本 像这样 |
[03:43] | Ben shows up and,uh… . | Ben出现 然后… |
[03:45] | we see each other from across the party,and he comes over. | 我们在派对上望见对方 然后他走过来 |
[03:49] | And we talk about,um,you know, Mr.Rogoflsky’s class or something. | 然后我们谈谈Rogoflsky的课之类的 |
[03:54] | He likes how I look, I like how he looks. | 他喜欢我的打扮 我也喜欢他的 |
[03:58] | And we basically,um,you know, appreciate you know how each other looks. | 基本上 我们都彼此欣赏 |
[04:03] | And then we start dancing, and we dance for hours, | 再然后 我们开始跳舞 一直跳 |
[04:09] | until we’re just exhausted and sweaty and ready to pass out. | 直到我们精疲力尽 几乎虚脱 |
[04:16] | But the party’s on my floor,so I say, | 而派对正巧在我这层举行 于是我说 |
[04:20] | “You want to go to my room”,or, um, | “去我房间吧”或者… |
[04:25] | “You want to go to my room?” Whatever. | “你想去我房间吗?” 之类的 |
[04:28] | Um,and Meghan’s not here,thank God. | 而Meghan不在房间 感谢上帝 |
[04:31] | And so,we jus sit on my bed, and talk,about everything. | 于是 我们坐在我的床上 谈论一切 |
[04:42] | Of course,I blew my first opportunity to ask him. | 当然 我搞砸了第一次邀请他的机会 |
[04:46] | Damnit! | 该死! |
[04:48] | -Hey. -Yeah,hey. | |
[04:52] | Are you ok? | 还好吗? |
[04:54] | There was a… … I don’t know. | 有个… 不好说 |
[04:57] | So you didn’t get a class. | 你没申请到课吧 |
[04:59] | Well,I signed up for a language class,but they gave me,um… . | 我报的是语言课程 可他们安排我… |
[05:04] | they gave me drama. | 安排我戏剧课 |
[05:05] | You’re in drama. | 你在上戏剧课? |
[05:06] | No,I’m not in drama, that’s a mistake,obviously. | 不 没有 显然是搞错了 |
[05:09] | Oh,um… did you get what you wanted? | 你申请到自己想上的课了吗? |
[05:13] | Inorganic chemistry. | 无机化学 |
[05:14] | You got that and you’re happy? | 你得到了 该高兴了? |
[05:17] | Yeah,the teacher is someone who,uh… . | 是啊 老师是… |
[05:21] | Dr. William Garibay. | William Garibay博士 |
[05:24] | Uh,I don’t know.I never… . | 不知道 我从没… |
[05:25] | He wrote the entire series of chemistry books I used through all through high school | 我高中用的整套化学书都是他写的 |
[05:28] | so it’s kind of amazing,you know,I mean,college, | 所以真的很棒 我是说大学里 |
[05:31] | being able to take a class being taught by the man who actually… . | 能上这种人的课… |
[05:37] | I just,I really wanted the class. | 我真的很想上这门课 |
[05:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:41] | Hey,so you didn’t — you didn’t go last night? | 你昨晚上没去吧? |
[05:44] | What? | 什么? |
[05:45] | Lucky Strike.There was,uh — there was a thing. | 好彩巷呀 那里有活动 |
[05:48] | -Oh. -Yeah. | – 哦 – 是的 |
[05:50] | Yeah,you should have gone. | 是的 你应该去的 |
[05:52] | I don’t know. Uh,maybe next time. | 不知道 也许下一次吧 |
[05:57] | Yeah.Ok,next time. | 对 好吧 下一次 |
[06:00] | Can you believe that? I was right there! | 你能相信吗 我就在那 |
[06:03] | All I had to say was,”Yeah, next time,this Friday. | 我能说只有”好的 下一次 星期五” |
[06:07] | ” God! How incapable am I? | “天啊 我真没用 |
[06:09] | That was lame | 太无能了” |
[06:11] | L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T… . | |
[06:14] | You don’t hear it? | 你没听见吗? |
[06:16] | You think “q” comes too early in the alphabet? | 你觉得Q在字母表里出现得太早了 |
[06:18] | No,I know it does. | 不 我知道的 |
[06:19] | “Q” should be at the end. | “Q”应该在结尾 |
[06:21] | Q,X,Y,Z. | |
[06:23] | Ok,but… … why? | 好吧 可是…为什么? |
[06:26] | Because it’s not like “Q” comes after “O. | 因为和”Q”接在”O”后面不一样 |
[06:28] | ” which at least “Q” resembles,and if you move “Q” to where it belongs, | 虽然它和Q长得很像 另外如果把Q放到它应该呆的地方 |
[06:32] | at the end,”P” would come right before “R,” which would be so sexy. | 那么”P”就能接在”R”的前面 这会很性感 |
[06:40] | -Hey. | -Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[06:44] | I don’t want to bug you. | 我不想打扰你 |
[06:45] | Uh,you don’t have to return my calls,whatever,but… . | 你也不用回我电话 随便了… |
[06:48] | Chavez is,uh,is playing Trams on Friday,they’re supposed to be pretty good. | Chavez将在星期五出演Trams 应该会相当精彩的 |
[06:53] | -Friday? -Yeah. You wanna go? | – 星期五? – 对 你要去吗? |
[06:57] | We’re throwing a party on Friday at Kelvin,so I can’t. | 我们星期五要在Kelvin楼举行派对 所以不行 |
[07:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:03] | You’re never going out with me again,are you? | 你再也不想和我出去玩了 对吗 |
[07:10] | I gotta… … get to class. | 我要…去上课了 |
[07:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:21] | You know what’s amazing? | 知道什么让我兴奋吗? |
[07:22] | I couldn’t feel better about sticking with premed, | 对于坚持念医学院 让我感觉好极了 |
[07:25] | and this is going to be my first class, the beginning of my life as a doctor. | 这将是我的第一堂课 我医生生涯的开始 |
[07:31] | Because I’m not a Stanford,now I get to study under someone who,in a way,I’ve idolized. | 因为我没去斯坦福 所以我可以 在崇敬的人的门下学习 |
[07:36] | For years,through his books, I’ve learned so much from him, | 多年来 通过他的书 我学到了很多他的东西 |
[07:38] | I kind of feel like I’ve met him already. | 我感觉似乎已经见过他 |
[07:44] | Excuse me,Dr. Garibay? | 抱歉 您是Garibay博士吗? |
[07:46] | Hi.I’m Felicity Porter. I’m in this class. | 嗨 我是Felicity Porter 我在这上课 |
[07:51] | Um,I couldn’t find the book anywhere. | 我在哪都买不到书 |
[07:54] | I ordered a copy from the publisher, | 我从出版商那订了一份 |
[07:56] | but if I don’t have the book today will I be able to follow what we’re doing? | 但如果我今天没有书 能跟得上大家的进度吗 |
[07:59] | No. | 不 |
[08:01] | I call it required reading because it isn’t optional. | 书肯定要有 没得选择的 |
[08:05] | But I couldn’t find the book anywhere. | 可我哪都找不到书 |
[08:09] | Pardon me. | 抱歉 |
[08:11] | Everyone who did not get a copy of the text book,raise your hand. | 有谁没拿到课本的 请举手 |
[08:23] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 还让我说什么呢 |
[08:26] | The actor’s responsibility is to communicate. | 演员的责任就是去交流 |
[08:31] | To convey truth,to understand and express an internal life: subjective motivation. | 去传达真实 去理解 去表现内在的生活:主观动机 |
[08:40] | The next class,I want you to bring in an object. | 下堂课 我要你们带一件东西来 |
[08:44] | Something that has meaning to you. | 一件对你有意义的东西 |
[08:47] | This first excercise is designed to reveal hidden internal life, | 第一次练习是要展现隐藏的内在生活 |
[08:53] | not within characters, but within things. | 不是在人物内部 而是物体的内部 |
[09:00] | Would this be considered a Misner excercise? | 这会被当成一次Misner练习吗 |
[09:02] | No. | 不 |
[09:03] | Hopefully,we won’t have any repitition in this class. | 希望课上不要有太多的重复 |
[09:08] | I’m going to ask you to get up and,uh,describe the object, | 我要你们去描述一件物品 |
[09:11] | uh,physically,objectively,then I’m going to ask you to tell me what it means to you. | 物质的 客观的 然后我要让你们说说它对你的意义 |
[09:24] | Mr.Kinney?Mr.Kinney? | Kinney先生? Kinney先生? |
[09:26] | Could I talk to you a second,please? | 能占用你一会吗? |
[09:29] | -Sure. -Ok. | – 当然 – 好的 |
[09:31] | Now I applied for Russian,the language, | 我申请的是俄语课 |
[09:34] | and they gave me drama by accident,so I shouldn’t even be here. | 而他们不小心把我安排到戏剧课了 所以我本不该出现在这的 |
[09:39] | ***Theater’s a communication elective,just like language. | 也许是意外 可戏剧和语言一样 都是有关交流的选修课 |
[09:43] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[09:45] | I can’t take drama. | 不 我不想上戏剧课 |
[09:47] | So your’re dropping this course. | 那你是想放弃这门课了 |
[09:50] | All right. | 没错 |
[09:51] | As soon as there’s an opening in Russian, Miss.Potessy’s class,I’m transferring over. | 一旦俄语课再次开班 我将转到Potessy女士的班上 |
[09:55] | And they say there’s usually at least one drop,and I’m first on the waiting list, | 他们说放弃课程是很平常的事 而我排在等候名单上的第一位 |
[09:59] | so… I’ll tell you what,I hope you get all the classes you want. | – 所以… – 希望你等上到你想上的课 |
[10:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:05] | But,uh,while you’re my student, you’re obligated to participate. | 但在你还是我学生的时候 你有义务参与进来 |
[10:11] | Ok,ok. | 好的 好的 |
[10:13] | That doesn’t mean I have to get up there. | 那不意味着我非得上这来 |
[10:15] | That means… . | 那意味着… |
[10:17] | you have to get up there. | 你必须上这来 |
[10:19] | Next class,bring a hot object. | 下堂课带上你的好东西 |
[10:40] | -Hey. | -Hey.How’s it going? – 嘿 – 嘿 情况怎么样 |
[10:42] | Good.Really good.Um… . | 好 非常好… |
[10:43] | uh,there’s this thing,I’m sort of — um it’s at Kelvin. | 事情是这样的 我可能… 在Kelvin楼 |
[10:47] | It’s basically,you know,a dorm party,it starts at 8:00 on Friday. | 其实是 宿舍派对 星期五晚8点开始 |
[10:51] | Um,I’m just kinda spreading the word,so if you want to go,you know. | 我把话带给你 如果你想去的话… |
[10:56] | Um,Julie told me about it. | 哦 Julie告诉我了 |
[10:58] | Julie did? | Julie说了? |
[11:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:03] | Oh,well,cool.So,um… . | 哦 没关系 所以… |
[11:06] | You know,I gotta go. So I’ll see ya | 瞧 我得走了 那么再见吧 |
[11:20] | So,my roommate,who uses a toothbrush sterilizer,said to me, | 我那个用牙刷消毒器的室友对我说 |
[11:24] | “For the party on Friday,I’m going to put plastic on my bed. | “因为周五的派对 我得在床上铺层塑料布” |
[11:27] | ” I was like,”Congratulations! | 我的反应是”恭喜” |
[11:32] | So here’s the thing… . | 有件事… |
[11:34] | I invited Ben to the party on Friday, and he said you had already asked him. | 我邀请Ben出席周五的派对 而他说你已经问过他了 |
[11:39] | And I — I wasn’t even going to say anything about it,except I — I,well,I just did. | 我本来不想说的 可还是没忍住 |
[11:46] | Ben and I are just friends. | Ben和我只是普通朋友 |
[11:48] | No,I know.You guys can be whatever you want to be. | 是 我明白 你们俩想怎么样都行 |
[11:51] | I just… .it’s not Ben,ok? | 我只是…和Ben无关 好吗 |
[11:53] | It’s… … … it’s you and me. | 而是…你和我 |
[11:56] | Look,I don’t think there’s anything to talk about. | 瞧 我觉得没什么好说的 |
[12:00] | I just don’t want us to resent each other. | 我只是不想让大家相互怨恨 |
[12:02] | Yeah,me neither,but you don’t have to worry about me and Ben. | 是啊 我也是 可你真不用担心我和Ben |
[12:07] | You and Ben? | 你和Ben? |
[12:08] | I know.Can you believe this? | 是啊 你能相信吗? |
[12:11] | So — so you like Ben,too? | 那 那你也喜欢Ben? |
[12:15] | So does everybody like Ben? | 那么人人都喜欢Ben了? |
[12:16] | And I’m not asking that rhetorically. | 我随口问的 |
[12:20] | It’s complicated though,because I think Ben really likes me. | 挺复杂的 因为我觉得Ben真的喜欢我 |
[12:24] | Should I be writing this down? | 我该把这个写下来吗? |
[12:26] | And this party on Friday,Felicity is *so* excited about hanging out with Ben. | 而派对 Felicity对能约Ben来玩 表现的异常兴奋 |
[12:31] | Uh huh. | 噢 |
[12:32] | But,Ben wants to hang out with me, which I think would kill Felicity. | 可Ben想约我出去玩 我想这会杀了Felicity的 |
[12:36] | So don’t do it. | 那就别这么干 |
[12:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:41] | Oh,I really want to. | 哦 可我真的想去 |
[12:43] | So your’re really talking to you right now. | 那你现在是在责怪自己了 |
[12:46] | You know what?I think I’m just going to tell Felicity that Ben keeps asking me out. | 知道吗 我想我该告诉Felicity Ben一直在叫我出去玩 |
[12:49] | No,I wouldn’t do that yet. | 不 我不会这么做 |
[12:51] | Because,Because you’re in this really confused state of mind, | 因为 因为你此刻脑子是混乱的 |
[12:55] | and if you do that now,it’ll seem like you’re asking Felicity’s permission to start dating Ben, | 如果你现在这么做 就好象是 问Felicity 你是否可以和Ben约会 |
[13:00] | and that’s not what you want to do. | 而这并不是你想做的 |
[13:02] | No,you’re right,you’re right. | 对 你说的对 你说的对 |
[13:04] | God,no offense,but this really did not help. | 天啊 别介意 可这一点帮助都没有 |
[13:08] | You’re welcome. | 别客气 |
[13:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:12] | And can you just not tell Felicity about this, because if she knew I told you she likes Ben. | 你能不和Felicity说这事吗 不然她就知道我告诉你她喜欢Ben了 |
[13:16] | No,it’s ok. | 好的 当然 |
[13:17] | I already knew. | 我早知道了 |
[13:20] | It’s thin,smooth,material. | 很薄 很平滑 很有质感 |
[13:25] | Um,it’s folded.Uh… . | 折上后… |
[13:28] | held together… with print on it. | 叠在一起… 还有指纹在上边 |
[13:31] | D-d-d-don’t say print. | 别别别说指纹 |
[13:34] | Ok.with color on it. | 好的 还有颜色在上面 |
[13:37] | Now,Alice,be subjective, what does it mean to you? | Alice 就个人而言 它对你有什么意义 |
[13:41] | It’s a program from a play I did in ninth grade. | 是我九年级看的戏剧节目单 |
[13:44] | Uh,Blood Wedding Lorca. | 罗卡的<血腥婚礼> |
[13:49] | Uh,there are pictures of the cast and the history of the author. | 上面有很多演员和作家生平的图片 |
[13:54] | Well,after it was over,the play, my brother gave me back his program, | 演出结束后 哥哥把他的节目单给了我 |
[13:58] | and my brother,like,never talks about emtional stuff to me. | 我哥哥几乎没和进行过任何感情交流 |
[14:03] | Ok,hold your center. | 好的 回到中心去 |
[14:07] | Um,so I thought why is he giving me back his program and then I opened it, | 所以我想 他为什么要把它给我呢? 于是我打开它 |
[14:14] | and he had written something here. | 发现他在上面写了字 |
[14:18] | Tell us what your brother wrote in the book. | 告诉我们 你哥哥在册子上写得什么 |
[14:20] | “Alice,you were wonderful. | “Alice 你真棒” |
[14:23] | Love,Josh. | “爱你的Josh” |
[14:25] | ” Which was the first time, he ever… … | “这是他第一次…” |
[14:28] | you know,showed me he might be proud… of me. | 你知道 这是他第一次表达 为我感到骄傲 |
[14:40] | Ok.All right… . | 好的 好了… |
[14:44] | uh,who’s next. | 下一个谁来 |
[14:50] | Ben. | |
[14:52] | Give it a go. | 试试看 |
[14:58] | Begin… … . | 开始… |
[15:00] | -objectively. -Objectively? | – 主观感受 – 主观感受? |
[15:04] | All right. | 对 |
[15:14] | All right.So it’s a multi-layered object. | 好的 这是件多层物品 |
[15:20] | The,uh,top and bottom layers are white and soft with dark edges. | 顶层和底层是白色且柔软的 还带有黑边 |
[15:26] | And — and,uh,in between those layers, sandwiched,uh,are additional layers. | 在这两层中间 夹着的是中间层 |
[15:35] | Um,why is this object so important to you? | 为什么这东西对你很重要? |
[15:38] | Because,I just,I love sandwiches,I love them. | 因为 我喜欢三明治 我喜欢它们 |
[15:41] | You know what I mean. | 明白我的意思吗 |
[15:44] | Mmm.The End. | 嗯~ 说完了 |
[15:53] | Hey,uh,you got any special requests for the party? | 你对派对有什么特殊要求吗 |
[15:56] | You know,food — drink or music? | 比如食物 饮料或者音乐? |
[15:58] | How about a copy of Inorganic Chemisty by William Garibay. | 来本William Garibay 写的<无机化学>如何 |
[16:01] | Am I supposed to understand that? | 你什么意思啊? |
[16:03] | I used up my entire metro card today. | 我今天把地铁卡刷了个精光 |
[16:05] | Going up to Columbia,down to Hunter,over to the Strand,back up to Shakesphere and Company, | 上到哥伦比亚学院 下至亨特大学 去了思存书店 又到莎士比亚书店 |
[16:09] | I have been to every Barnes and Noble, every college bookstore,it’s out of stock. | 每家巴诺连锁书店我都跑过了 还有每个大学的书店 全部都脱销了 |
[16:15] | Just keep repeating the phrase,”It’s only college,” it helps sometime. | 反复念叨”不过是大学” 有时挺有效的 |
[16:20] | So,uh,any special requests for the party? | 那么 对派对有特别要求吗? |
[16:23] | I like chocolate. | 我喜欢巧克力 |
[16:26] | Ok,what kind?Milk?Dark?Nuts? Pieces?Bark?Nestles?Hersheys? | 好的 哪种?牛奶的?黑的?果仁的? 片的?块的?雀巢的?海丝的? |
[16:30] | It’s not really party food though,is it? | 这不算派对食品 对吧? |
[16:32] | Sure it is.I’ll take care of it. Done.Chocolate,ok. | 没事 我来搞定 没问题 巧克力 好的 |
[16:36] | Oh,ah… .if you want to special order it, I know the guys in the bookstore. | 哦 如果你想特殊订购的话 我认识个书店的人 |
[16:43] | Just… . | 只是… |
[16:44] | go freak out about your book. | 别太担心你的书了 |
[16:52] | Negative Thermo expansion… . | 负热膨胀… |
[16:55] | may,then,be produced in two dimensions. | 可能会向二维发展 |
[16:58] | Although at the atomic level,there is apparently no known example of this mechanism. | 尽管在原子能级上 这种机制没有明显的例子 |
[17:04] | Which we will discuss… . | 我们会把讨论… |
[17:06] | next time. | 留到下一次 |
[17:23] | Doctor. | 博士 |
[17:25] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[17:27] | Um,Felcity Porter again. | 又是我 Felcity Porter |
[17:30] | Just so you know,I did go to the library and photocopied the pages I need. | 如您所知 我去到图书馆 把需要的书页影印下来 |
[17:36] | Twenty dollars later,but,um,my book should be here by Monday, | 花了20美圆 但我订的书会在周一到 |
[17:40] | and I just wanted to make sure,we’re ok. | 我只想确定 你对我没意见 |
[17:48] | You want to make sure we’re ok? | 你想确定 我对你没意见? |
[17:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:53] | What do you think? | 你怎么想? |
[17:56] | Um,I was hoping so. | 我希望如此 |
[18:00] | Then we must be just fine. | 那咱们就没事了 |
[18:03] | Ok.Good. | 好的 很好 |
[18:05] | You and I are doing exceptionally well. | 你和我合作得相当不错 |
[18:08] | Great. | 太好了 |
[18:10] | In fact,you and I are on such good terms. | 事实上 你和我很默契 |
[18:12] | I have an idea. | 我有个想法 |
[18:14] | Forget the assignment. | 别管作业了 |
[18:16] | What? | 什么? |
[18:16] | Yeah,the weekend assignment. Don’t do it.Forget it. | 对 周末的作业 不用做了 别管了 |
[18:19] | Instead write an essay on how ok you and I are. | 取而代之的写一篇论文 谈谈咱们相处的有多融洽 |
[18:28] | I’m not — I don’t know what you mean? | 我 我不知道您什么意思 |
[18:32] | Then ask yourself if you belong in my class. | 如果你是我班上的学生 就该问自己去 |
[18:41] | I got sound system,food,beverages,janitorial. | 我安排好了音箱设备 食物 饮料 清洁工 |
[18:46] | For how many people? | 总共有多少人? |
[18:48] | -Uh,maybe-maybe a hundred. -I say two hundred. | – 大概100人左右 – 我算它两百 |
[18:51] | Uh,you understand we don’t have a budget for this party at all. | 你知道我们完全没为派对做预算的 |
[18:54] | I understand.You should have disco light,yeah? | 我知道 你还要有迪斯科灯光对吧 |
[18:57] | He can get whatever we want. | 他能满足我们任何要求 |
[18:59] | Yeah,I–I don’t think we need a disco light. | 是啊 可我觉得真不需要迪斯科灯光 |
[19:02] | It’s party.You need disco light. | 这可是派对 你需要迪斯科灯光 |
[19:04] | Now for delivery,do you have beeper? | 为了交货方便 你需要个BP机吗? |
[19:07] | What?Like a pager?No. | 什么?呼机吗?不要 |
[19:10] | You don’t have beeper. | 你没有BP机 |
[19:12] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[19:14] | Guys,not everyone has a beeper,you know? | 伙计们 并不是人人都有BP机的 |
[19:17] | Yuri and the Sensa talk in Russian. | (俄语) |
[19:22] | You,I get you beeper. | 你 我给你拿部BP机来 |
[19:23] | Thanks.I don’t need one. | 谢谢 我不需要 |
[19:25] | You need one. | 你需要 |
[19:26] | Right,um… .you know what? | 好吧 你知道吗…? |
[19:27] | There is — there is one more thing and it’s sort of important. | 还有一件事 挺重要的一件事 |
[19:30] | Um… . | |
[19:31] | You want girls? | 想找些姑娘来? |
[19:32] | What?No,no,um…ahem… . | 什么?不 不… |
[19:38] | do you have access to,um… to chocolate? | 你能搞到巧克力吗? |
[20:02] | -Hey. | -Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[20:08] | So how’s,uh,chemistry? | 化学课上得怎么样? |
[20:11] | Oh,it’s… . | 哦 有点… |
[20:13] | it’s sort of a crisis. | 有点不太好 |
[20:14] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[20:15] | Yeah,my teacher hates me,but, uh,I’m sure it’s gonna be fine. | 是的 我的导师讨厌我 不过我相信会没事的 |
[20:20] | Well,I’m sure,uh,that,you know,he or she doesn’t — doesn’t hate you. | 哦 我敢肯定 他或她绝不讨厌你 |
[20:25] | Yeah,he does actually. | 不 他的确不喜欢我 |
[20:30] | So how was acting? | 那么 你的表演课呢? |
[20:33] | Acting? | 表演? |
[20:34] | Well,um… acting is a bit of a disaster,actually. | 哦 简直就是场灾难 事实上 |
[20:39] | Uh,I can’t get out of the class,and I’m — I’m about to get an incomplete. | 我没办法从班上调出 挂了算了 |
[20:44] | What’s the,uh,assignment? | 作业是什么? |
[20:48] | I have to — I have to bring in an object that’s important to me. | 我得…得带件对我很重要的东西去 |
[20:52] | So what?Anything? | 然后呢?什么都行? |
[20:54] | Yeah.Anything. | 对 什么都行 |
[20:56] | I have to bring it in,I have to sit there, | 我必须带东西 必须坐在那 |
[20:59] | and I have to talk about it in front of everybody which.. | 必须在大家面前谈论它 |
[21:02] | God. | 天啊 |
[21:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:04] | I don’t know what I would bring in? | 我都不知道该带些什么? |
[21:09] | This necklace maybe. | 也许是这根项链 |
[21:12] | It was my grandmother’s. | 这是我祖母的 |
[21:15] | Yeah,that wouldn’t work for me. | 是啊 可对我没用 |
[21:23] | I think the most important thing to me isn’t an object. | 我觉得对我最重要的不是东西 |
[21:28] | It’s just being here. | 而是能来这 |
[21:35] | What? | 怎么? |
[21:38] | Are you still having that party? | 你们还办派对吗? |
[21:41] | Tonight,yeah. | 对 就今晚 |
[21:44] | Good. | 好的 |
[21:46] | I-I’ll see you there. | 在那见 |
[21:48] | -Ok. | -Ok. – 好的 – 好的 |
[21:56] | Sally,I would only say this to you… . | Sally 我只会对你说… |
[21:58] | so after you listen to this tape,you have to erase it. | 所以在你听完后请把内容清除 |
[22:04] | But I can… . | 不过 我能… |
[22:05] | actually picture,what it might be like… . | 其实 是构想一幅画面 |
[22:11] | to be with a man for the first time… . | 和男人第一次的画面… |
[22:16] | sexually. | 性事 |
[22:20] | If you’re laughing at me right now,I don’t blame you. | 如果你此刻嘲笑起我 我并不怪你 |
[22:27] | But first… . | 但首先… |
[22:29] | although a huge sucess with his exploration of the sandwich,Ben will grace us with just one more try. | 虽然Ben同学对三明治的挖掘 取得了巨大成功 但他还想再试一次 |
[22:43] | I don’t think I can do this. | 我想我做不到 |
[22:45] | Did you bring an object? | 你带物品来了吗? |
[22:47] | I’m just not so comfortable doing this. | 这会让我很不舒服 |
[22:49] | This excercise is ungraded. | 这次练习和成绩挂钩 |
[22:51] | You know,If you don’t participate,you get an imcomplete. | 如果你总不参与进来 成绩就挂了 |
[22:56] | It’s your call. | 看着办 |
[23:21] | Ok… .it’s uh… . | 好吧… 这是… |
[23:24] | a smooth,hard,round loop, connecting three shiny sharp metal. | 是个平滑 坚硬的圆环 挂着三个光亮锋韧的金属 |
[23:31] | No,no.Don’t say metal. | 不 不 别说金属 |
[23:37] | Connecting three,uh,shiny,sharp,hard, thin,strips,which have teeth — sort of. | 挂着三个光亮坚硬的薄片 带齿的 |
[23:46] | Ok. | 好的 |
[23:47] | Now,talk about the object subjectively. | 现在 谈谈对这件物品的主观感受 |
[23:56] | They’re my keys to my apartment. | 它们是我公寓的钥匙 |
[23:59] | Why are these keys important to you? | 这些钥匙为什么对你重要? |
[24:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:09] | This is stupid,sir. I shouldn’t even do this. | 这太傻了 先生 我本不该做这些的 |
[24:10] | You’re doing fine. | 你做得很好 |
[24:15] | Talk about the object. | 继续谈 |
[24:23] | All right,well,for this to make sense, | 好吧 自圆其说 |
[24:26] | you gotta kinda understand — that my father and I never… . | 你要明白 我爸爸和我从没… |
[24:33] | He’d say it’s my fault.*** | 他的错就是我的错 他恨我的错 |
[24:38] | I don’t know.It’s not fair,but whatever. | 不好讲 这很不公平 但随便吧 |
[24:41] | We don’t have a very good thing, but as it gets bad for me and him. | 我们之间没什么好说的 我和他相处的不好 |
[24:49] | I think it get,eh, even worse for my mom. | 我想 对我妈妈更不好 |
[24:53] | Whose so incredible,she’s so beautiful, and she’s,you know,she’s elegant. | 她很棒 很漂亮 还很高贵 |
[25:03] | But,she gets so sad,she gets so upset when me and my dad fight. | 但她很难过 在我和父亲争执的时候 她会很心痛 |
[25:08] | Her face just get’s,um… . | 她的脸色变得… |
[25:12] | she just cries a lot. | 她总是哭 |
[25:17] | And I’ve seen these pictures of them,too. | 而我还看过那些照片 |
[25:19] | My parents before they had me. | 在我出生前父母的样子 |
[25:21] | And they looked so happy… so happy. | 他们看上去那么快乐…那么快乐 |
[25:25] | So I know it wasn’t always like it is now. | 所以我意识到情况并不是一贯如此 |
[25:30] | Anyway,I guess,it’s obviously that these keys mean I’m not home anymore. | 总之 我想这些钥匙表示我离家了 |
[25:36] | You know,which great for me. | 这对我很好 |
[25:38] | I’m sub-letting from this guy,Sean. | 我在Sean那租的房子 |
[25:40] | He’s this really nice, frustrated entrepreneur guy. | 他是个人很好的破产企业家 |
[25:45] | It’s me and three other guys. | 我和另外三个人同住 |
[25:49] | You know,it’s cool,you actually want to hang out. | 要知道 这也不错 因为你可以和人结伴出去玩 |
[25:52] | It’s a big place. | 房子很大 |
[25:55] | But more then all that. | 但还不止这些 |
[25:58] | These keys mean that I’m not causing anything at home. | 这些钥匙意味着 我不再引发任何家庭纷争 |
[26:02] | I’m here right now,so my dad and I don’t have to deal with each other,you know. | 现在我到了这 我和父亲就不再有争执 |
[26:06] | And so my mom isn’t so sad. | 然后我妈妈也不用难过了 |
[26:09] | I hope. | 希望如此 |
[26:12] | It’s just good. | 这很好 |
[26:15] | It’s better for everyone I really believe that… . | 对大家都好 我坚信… |
[26:17] | that I have these keys. | 我拥有这些钥匙 (纽约大学 H.Kelvin楼) |
[27:08] | Did you buy that for the party tonight? | 那个是为今晚的派对买的吗? |
[27:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:12] | You going with your little friend Julie? | 你和你的小朋友Julie一起去吗? |
[27:15] | My little friend? | 我的小朋友? |
[27:16] | Julie and her Tiger Beat boyfriend. | Julie和她威猛的男友 |
[27:20] | Julie doesn’t have a boyfriend. | Julie没有男友 |
[27:24] | Is Ben invisible to you? | 你对Ben视而不见? |
[27:26] | Oh,Ben isn’t her boyfriend. | 哦 Ben不是她的男朋友 |
[27:29] | Yeah,he is. | 不 他是的 |
[27:32] | Why do you think so? | 为什么这么认为? |
[27:35] | I always see them together. | 我总看他俩在一起 |
[27:39] | Oh,no,Julie says there’s nothing going on between them. | Julie说他们之间没什么 |
[27:43] | Oh,clearly,I’ve hit a nerve. | 哦 显然 被我刺激到了 |
[27:46] | You’ve hit no nerve. | 你没刺激到我 |
[27:48] | She’s just my friend,that’s all. | 她是我好朋友 就这样 |
[27:49] | Whatever.Just watch them,next time they’re together. | 随便了 下次他俩一起时 你注意下 |
[27:51] | The way he talks to her,how get close,the way she laughs at his jokes. | 他和她说话的方式 凑近 还有她被他的玩笑逗乐的样子 |
[27:57] | Trust me,they’re couch dancing. | 相信我 他们亲热着呢 (无机化学) |
[28:38] | Nice isn’t it? | 不错吧? |
[28:39] | Yes.Very,very tasteful. | 是啊 非常非常有品位 |
[28:43] | Now all we need is actually party goers. | 我们现在就等人员到场了 |
[28:59] | Ok,here it is,minutes before my first college party. | 好了 现在离我大学的首个派对 开始还差几分钟 |
[29:09] | Next tape,I’ll tell you how it turned out.*** | 下一次 我会告诉你进展如何的 等着吧 |
[29:30] | Hey,so… . | 嘿 那么… |
[29:32] | God… Wow! | 天啊…哇! |
[29:34] | Really? | 真的? |
[29:35] | Oh,yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[29:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:39] | You look really nice too. | 你看着也挺帅的 |
[29:41] | Oh,you were kinda obligated to say that,but thank you. | 哦 给我面子的吧? 不过还是谢谢 |
[29:44] | Yeah,I–I feel handsome. | 是啊 我觉得很帅 |
[29:47] | So I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[29:50] | What? | 什么? |
[29:50] | Uh,we’re taking music requests. Do you got anything good? | 我们在找播放的音乐 你有什么好的吗 |
[29:53] | I–I have some stuff over there, but I don’t know if it’s really good. | 我有一些在那边 不过不知道好坏 |
[29:58] | What was the question? | 是什么问题? |
[30:00] | Um… .well… . | 啊… 哦… |
[30:03] | I–I was wondering… -Thanks. | – 我在想… – 谢谢 |
[30:12] | Uh,I just thought,I’d get in line now and ask you to dance. | 我想现在就得排队等着邀你跳舞 |
[30:17] | Well,in advance of the party actually starting. | 在派对开始前 |
[30:23] | I’d love that. | 好啊 |
[30:25] | Good. | 好的 |
[30:27] | Ok,that–that went exactly how it was supposed to go. | 好的 和想的一样 |
[30:40] | You know what word disappears after high school? | 你知道什么词在高中之后就消失了吗? |
[30:43] | Tardy.I bet you twenty bucks you’ll never hear that word again. | “迟到”我赌20块你再也 不会听见这个词了 |
[30:48] | Tardy,or hall pass. | 迟到或是洗手间通行证 |
[30:50] | Hall monitors. | 洗手间监视 |
[30:52] | You’ve got really pretty eyes. | 你的眼睛真漂亮 |
[30:55] | Oh my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[30:57] | I was just going to say the same thing to you. | 我正准备对你说同样的话 |
[31:00] | Are you serious? | 真的吗? |
[31:02] | Or are you just acting? | 还是装出来的? |
[31:16] | Hey you care for a beverage? | 找喝的呢? |
[31:17] | -What is it? -I don’t know. | – 这是什么? – 我不知道 |
[32:01] | Hey,there’s a guy over there that’s getting pretty damn sick. | 嘿 那边有个男的吐得一塌糊涂 |
[32:03] | What? | 什么? |
[32:04] | You better come check this out. | 你最好过去看看 |
[32:06] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[32:15] | Hey.What’s going on? | 嘿 怎么样? |
[32:18] | Maybe you should tell me what’s going on. | 也许该你告诉我怎么样 |
[32:21] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[32:23] | What I mean is everytime,I’m with you, | 我的意思是 每次和你在一起 |
[32:25] | I keep getting this horrible feeling like–like I can’t trust you. | 我就越发觉得 无法信任你 |
[32:28] | And everytime you talk about Ben,you just get really weird. | 而且每次谈到Ben 你都变得怪怪的 |
[32:31] | And I know you keep saying there’s nothing going on, | 我知道你一直声称没什么 |
[32:33] | but that’s just not what it looks like at all. | 但看上去又是另一回事 |
[32:37] | I just — I really feel like your lying to me. | 我真觉得你在对我说谎 |
[32:40] | And that’s just… . | 而且… |
[32:41] | I don’t like how that feels. | 我不喜欢这种感觉 |
[32:43] | Well,I don’t like the way it feeIs either. | 我也不喜欢这种感觉 |
[32:46] | Ben wanted to go out with me tonight,ok. | Ben今晚想约我出去 好吗 |
[32:48] | But I told him about this stupid party | 但我和他说了这愚蠢的派对 |
[32:49] | because I knew that you would be here and that is what you would want. | 因为我知道你会来 你希望他也能来 |
[32:52] | He calIs me,and he asks me out alot,and everytime I say no. | 他多次给我打电话约我出去 可我每次都拒绝了 |
[32:56] | But,you know what,I’m just sick of protecting you,and that’s the truth! | 但你要知道 我已经厌倦了保护你 这是实话 |
[33:06] | You know what would’ve made this party better? | 知道怎么把这派对搞得更火吗? |
[33:08] | Like,a band. | 比如 一只乐队 |
[33:13] | Noel,can I talk to you for a minute? | Noel 我能和你说句话吗? |
[33:15] | I can’t.I got to go to the emergency room. | 不行 我得去急诊室 |
[33:16] | This guy’s is having some kind of freakout allergic reaction. | 这家伙出现了可怕的过敏反应 |
[33:18] | -To what? -I think Estolian chocolate. | – 对什么? – 我猜是Estolian巧克力 |
[33:30] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了? |
[33:33] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[33:35] | -Tough day? -Tough day. | – 糟糕的一天? – 糟糕的一天 |
[33:41] | I hate these things. | 我讨厌这些东西 |
[33:44] | A room full of junior high insecurites. | 一屋子的高危小青年 |
[33:47] | Everyone paranoid people will be making judgements about them. | 人人都妄想着大家在批判自己 |
[33:53] | We never really met.I’m Elena. | 我们还没正式认识 我是Elena |
[34:00] | So where in California are you from? | 你从加州哪地方来的? |
[34:03] | In my life, | 在我生命中 |
[34:05] | I can actually — Sally I would only say this to you. | Sally 我只能说给你听 |
[34:09] | Could someone please turn that off! | 能把它关掉吗! |
[34:11] | So after you listen to this,you have to erase it. | 在你听完后 请清除掉 |
[34:15] | -SOMEONE TURN THAT OFF,PLEASE! -But I can actually picture what it might be like… . | – 快关掉 拜托! – 但其实我能构想一幅画面… |
[34:21] | to be with a man… for the first time… sexually. | 和男人第一次的画面 性事 |
[34:27] | If you’re laughing at me right now,I don’t blame you… . | 如果你此刻嘲笑起我 我并不怪你… |
[35:08] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[35:11] | Is this your room? | 这是你的房间吗? |
[35:13] | Who are you! | 你们是谁! |
[35:14] | Oh,hey,we’re just making out. | 哦 嘿 我们不过是在亲热 |
[35:18] | Could you,uh,make out somewhere else,please! | 你们能上别处去亲热吗 |
[35:42] | My jacket. | 我的夹克 |
[35:55] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[35:58] | That came out all wrong. What I said before. | 我之前说的都是错的 |
[36:04] | Could you,uh,just leave me alone,please. | 你能让我自己静会儿吗 |
[37:49] | Dr. Garibay. | Garibay博士 |
[37:52] | I need to know what I did to make you hate me. | 我想知道我做了什么让你讨厌我 |
[37:56] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[37:57] | Is it what I said about ordering the books, | 是我说订书的事 |
[37:59] | or did you look in my record and see something you didn’t like? | 还是你看了我的档案 里面有你不满意的地方? |
[38:04] | I’ve been a professor a long time. | 我当教授好多年了 |
[38:07] | Twice as long as you’ve been alive plus a few years. | 比你年龄的两倍还长 |
[38:11] | You want to be a teacher’s pet,sign up for Mr.Jergensen,he’s not tenured. | 你想当老师的宠物 去找Jergensen先生 他不是终身教授 |
[38:15] | No,I–I don’t need to be teacher’s pet. | 不 我不是想成为老师的宠物 |
[38:19] | Then you’ll do just fine. | 那就行了 |
[38:22] | The beauty is that you don’t need to be ok with me to learn something in my class. | 好的是 你没必要和我相处融洽 才能在我班上学到知识 |
[38:27] | My advice is this: Don’t worry about me… . | 我的建议是 不用担心我 |
[38:32] | worry about you. | 担心你自己吧 |
[38:50] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[38:54] | -I,uh,I heard about the… | – 我…我听说了… |
[38:58] | Can we not talk about it. | 能不能不谈这个 |
[39:00] | Yeah,sure. | 是呀 好的 |
[39:05] | Thanks for the chocolate. | 谢谢你的巧克力 |
[39:08] | So,we’ll,uh… . | 那我们… |
[39:10] | take a rain check on that dance,which is ok. | 跳舞只好延期了 没关系 |
[39:34] | Hey,it’s Ben. | 嘿 是我 Ben |
[39:37] | I’m sorry,I’d thought you might still be up. | 对不起 我以为你还醒着 |
[39:39] | Oh. | 哦 |
[39:41] | Oh,you can come in. | 哦 你可以进来 |
[39:42] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[40:02] | You know,I was only at the uh,… . | 我只是… |
[40:04] | I was only at the party for a little while, but I think people has a pretty good time. | 我只在派对上呆了一会 不过我想大家都玩得很开心 |
[40:11] | Oh,that’s nice. | 哦 那可真好 |
[40:16] | Did you hear my tape? | 你听见我的录音了吗? |
[40:20] | No,not really. | 没 没有 |
[40:23] | Yeah,you did. | 不 你听见了 |
[40:31] | So how’d that um… that acting thing go? | 表演课怎么样了? |
[40:36] | Uh,I should thank you sort of. | 多少该感谢你 |
[40:39] | You sort of helped me out with that. | 你多少帮了我些忙 |
[40:41] | Oh,I did? | 哦 有吗? |
[40:42] | Yeah.Yeah,it went ok. It was pretty good. | 是 是进展顺利 非常好 |
[40:46] | -That’s great. -Yeah. | – 太好了 – 是啊 |
[40:49] | I’m getting the hell out of that class though. | 我还得想从班里调出 |
[40:53] | Um… . | 嗯… |
[40:55] | So,look… . | 瞧… |
[40:56] | I,uh,I got a favor to ask. | 我想请你再帮个忙 |
[40:59] | When I was doing that thing for drama. | 当我用物品做表演的时候 |
[41:02] | I,uh,sort of left my keys in the classroom. | 把我的房门钥匙漏在那了 |
[41:07] | -You lost your keys? -Yeah. | – 你把钥匙弄丢了? – 是的 |
[41:10] | And none of my roommates are home,so… . | 而且我的室友都没在 所以… |
[41:13] | um… do you think I could stay in here. | 我能在你这借宿一晚吗 |
[41:16] | I mean,I would stay on the floor. | 我是说 不介意睡地板 |
[41:21] | You want to sleep in my room? | 你想在我房里过夜? |
[41:23] | Yeah,I mean,if that’s cool. | 是的 如果你不介意 |
[41:26] | And if you’re roommate doesn’t mind,yeah. | 还有你的室友也不介意的话 |
[41:31] | Oh,yeah.I mean,you can sleep in Meghan’s bed. | 好的 你可以睡Meghan的床 |
[41:35] | She,uh,she’s never here at night. | 她…她晚上都不在的 |
[41:38] | -All right.Thank you. -Mmmm… . | – 好的 谢谢 – 嗯… |
[41:41] | Ok,I’m gonna go pass out. | 好吧 我快累死了 |
[41:44] | eah,me too. | 我也是 |
[41:45] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[42:22] | Dear Felicity,Ok.Brace yourself. | 亲爱的Felicity 好了 振作起来 |
[42:26] | A guy asked me out. | 有个男子约我出去 |
[42:29] | He’s a teacher at the elementary school. | 他是个小学老师 |
[42:31] | His name’s Emmitt,for God sakes. | 他叫Emmitt 感谢上帝 |
[42:34] | But I said no for now. | 但我暂时拒绝了 |
[42:57] | I’m still not ready to move past John. | 我还没准备好放下John继续前进 |
[43:04] | It’s sort of like what you were saying on your last tape. | 这和你上盘磁带中讲的情况有些相似 |
[43:06] | How,on one hand, expectations can inspire you, | 期望一方面能振奋你 |
[43:10] | but then again,they can really let you down. | 另一方面又会让你失落 |
[43:14] | I’m just not ready to be let down quite yet. | 我还没准备好接受失落 |
[43:18] | But you know me… I still have hope… . | 但你知道的 我仍抱有希望… |
[43:21] | that one day… . | 有一天… |
[43:23] | maybe even pretty soon… I’ll take a chance again, | 也许很快… 我会再次尝试 |
[43:27] | in the horrible face of expectation, | 面对残酷的期望 |
[43:31] | and maybe it’ll even be worth it. | 而且也许是值得的 |
[43:36] | The End Felicity Season 1 Episode 3 |