英文名称:Family Plot
年代:1976
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Family Plot | 大巧局 |
[00:39] | Someone is here. | 有人在这里 |
[00:43] | Not closely. | 不太靠近 |
[00:47] | Not willingly. | 不太情愿 |
[00:51] | I feel a holding back. | 我感到了阻碍 |
[00:55] | What’s the trouble, Henry? | 有什么麻烦 亨利 |
[00:59] | Too many memories, too much pain. | 太多回忆 太多痛苦 |
[01:04] | Too… much… sorrow. | 太多悲伤 |
[01:12] | Whoever is there with you, | 无论和你在一起的是谁 |
[01:15] | tell them to speak up, Henry. | 让他们说话 亨利 |
[01:19] | Tell them to come closer. | 让他们靠近一点 |
[01:22] | I think I know who it is, Madame Blanche. | 我想我知道那是谁 布兰琪夫人 |
[01:26] | I think I know what’s bothering her. | 我想我知道是什么困扰着她 |
[01:29] | Her, is it? Never you mind, Miss Rainbird. | “她”是吗 别担心 兰伯特女士 |
[01:33] | I won’t have you doing Henry’s work for him. | 没有你的指示 亨利不会做任何事的 |
[01:37] | Now, let’s have it, my love. | 现在 让我们一起来吧 亲爱的 |
[01:40] | That’s why we’re here tonight. | 这就是为什么今晚我们在这里 |
[01:41] | To help my friend be rid of her torment. | 为了帮助我的朋友 摆脱她的痛苦 |
[01:45] | She has a right to rest her weary head | 她有休息的权力 让她疲惫的头脑 |
[01:47] | on a pillow each night… | 能在枕头上歇息 于每个晚上 |
[01:49] | and sleep the peaceful sleep of the angels. | 平静地安睡 有如天使 |
[01:53] | How did you know about my troubled sleep? | 你怎么知道我有睡眠的困扰 |
[01:57] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的 |
[01:59] | Her nights cannot go on like this much longer. | 她夜晚无法长睡 |
[02:02] | I never told a soul about my nightmares. | 我从来没有告诉别人我的噩梦 |
[02:05] | – How could you… – Who is this person who arrives… | -你怎么会 -是谁来到这里 |
[02:09] | in our presence tonight, but does not dare to come close to us? | 今晚我们的存在 所以才不敢靠近吗 |
[02:13] | It’s her. It’s my sister Harriet. | 是她 是我的妹妹哈丽叶 |
[02:18] | – It must be. – She stays her distance, | -绝对是 -她保持距离 |
[02:22] | Julia Rainbird, for she does not feel… | 朱莉亚·兰伯特 因为她没有感受到 |
[02:25] | your love or your kindness yet. | 你的爱或是你的善意 |
[02:27] | There is selfishness where you are. | 你太自私了 |
[02:31] | I’ve had all I can take from her. | 我已经什么都为她做了 |
[02:34] | Night after night, coming into my dreams. | 她每晚都来到我的梦中 |
[02:38] | Whining, complaining, trying to make me feel guilty, | 发牢骚 抱怨 努力使我感到内疚 |
[02:42] | as though I need her to tell me right from wrong. | 就好像我需要她来告诉我是非 |
[02:45] | Tell her I know what has to be done. | 告诉她 我知道该怎么做 |
[02:49] | I’ve been wanting to do it for a year. | 我一直想这么做已经一年了 |
[02:53] | But it is I, Julia Rainbird, who has made the decision. | 但是我 朱莉亚·兰伯特 已经做出决定了 |
[02:58] | I don’t need her to goad me on! | 我不需要她来鞭策我 |
[03:02] | They’re making me ill with their ugly words in my ugly dreams. | 他们在我梦中丑陋的话语 使我生病 |
[03:07] | Tell her to stop it, to go away and leave me alone. | 告诉她该停止了 回去 不要管我 |
[03:10] | Oh, no. No, no. Don’t let her go! | 喔 不 不 别让她走 |
[03:14] | – Don’t let her go away. – Harriet? | -别让她离开 -哈丽叶 |
[03:18] | Harriet, stay with us, Harriet. | 哈丽叶 留下来 哈丽叶 |
[03:20] | Your sister wants to speak to you now, | 你姐姐要和你说话 |
[03:23] | from the depths of her soul. | 从她的心灵深处 |
[03:28] | What’s wrong? What is it? | 怎么了 怎么回事 |
[03:30] | She says, “I’ve waited so long… | 她说”我已经等了好久” |
[03:34] | “to hear from you, Julia. | “想听到你说话 朱莉亚” |
[03:36] | I’ve been so unhappy without you.” | “没有你在 我很不快乐” |
[03:42] | It is you, Harriet. | 是你 哈丽叶 |
[03:44] | Oh, I’m so sorry! | 喔 我很抱歉 |
[03:48] | I-I should never have made you do it. | 我不该让你那么做的 |
[03:51] | Oh, it’s all past now. | 喔 都已经过去了 |
[03:54] | But I’ll do what I can to make up for it. | 但是我会尽我所能地去弥补 |
[03:57] | If he’s still alive, I’ll find your son. | 如果他还活着 我会找到你的儿子 |
[04:02] | And I’ll take him in my arms and love him… | 我会带他到我身边并且爱他 |
[04:06] | as if I were you, my poor Harriet. | 有如我就是你 我可怜的哈利叶 |
[04:09] | And I’ll… I’ll make him one of us. | 我会 我会待他如己出 |
[04:12] | And give him everything. Everything! | 给予他一切 一切 |
[04:17] | Far away. | 离太远了 |
[04:20] | So far, far away. | 离太远 太远了 |
[04:22] | Bu-But I need her. I need her help. | 但 但我需要她的协助 |
[04:26] | I can’t do it alone. | 我一个人做不到 |
[04:29] | You see, I need her memory. | 你看 我需要她的记忆 |
[04:31] | It’s over 40 years ago, and I don’t know where the child was taken… | 那都已经40年了 我不知道孩子被带到哪里 |
[04:35] | or who it was given to. | 或是送给了谁 |
[04:37] | I don’t know where he is now or who he is. | 我不知道他现在在哪里 或他现在是谁 |
[04:42] | The true measure of Julia Rainbird’s love… | 对于衡量朱莉亚·兰伯特 真实的爱 |
[04:44] | lies in what she does now, | 在于她现在要如何去做 |
[04:46] | with your help, of course, and mine, | 藉由你的帮助 当然 还有我的 |
[04:50] | and that of the dear, departed one… | 亲爱的 离开吧 |
[04:53] | who has drifted so far from us. | 是谁漂流远离了我们 |
[04:56] | We understand him. Don’t we, Miss Rainbird? | 我们了解了 兰伯特女士 对吧 |
[04:59] | Oh, yes. Yes, I do. I’m willing to do anything. Anything at all. | 噢 是的 我是 我愿意去做任何事 任何的事 |
[05:05] | In the end, there will be happiness. | 最后 幸福将会到来 |
[05:08] | From the tears of the past, the desert of the heart will bloom. | 从逝去的眼泪当中 沙漠般的心灵会开出花朵 |
[05:13] | Good-bye, Julia Rainbird! Good-bye, Blanche. | 再见 朱莉亚·兰伯特 再见 布兰琪 |
[05:22] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[05:26] | Madame Blanche! Are you all right? | 布兰琪夫人 你没事吧 |
[05:30] | Oh. It was… | 噢 这是 |
[05:35] | What in the world’s been going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[05:37] | I feel as though I’ve been properly done over. | 我觉得我好像做了什么事 |
[05:40] | Don’t you remember what happened? Mm-mm. | 你不记得发生什么了 |
[05:44] | Not the details, Miss Rainbird, only the gist, | 不记得细节了 布兰琪女士 只有大略 |
[05:46] | if you know what I mean. | 你应该知道我的意思 |
[05:47] | Suppose you give me the gist of it. | 我以为你会告诉我一些要点 |
[05:50] | Oh well, I wonder… | 喔 我不知道 |
[05:53] | Could I trouble you for a sip of something? Ju-Just… | 我能麻烦你弄点什么喝的 |
[05:55] | Oh, of course. What would you like? | 噢 当然 你要喝什么 |
[05:57] | Oh, a double shot of anyth… | 噢 随便给我一点混合的 |
[06:01] | – A spot of that sherry might be nice. – Oh, yes. Of course. | -来点雪莉酒或许比较好 -噢 是的 没问题 |
[06:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:16] | – Now, tell me what you remember of the seance. – In a nutshell? | -现在 请告诉我还记得的招魂内容 -说个大概 |
[06:21] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[06:23] | Well… | 嗯 |
[06:27] | About 40 years ago, you arranged to have… | 大约40年前 你安排 |
[06:30] | your sister Harriet’s baby given away without a trace. | 把你妹妹的小婴儿送给了别人 |
[06:33] | And now your bad dreams and troubled conscience tell you… | 如今你总是做噩梦 你困惑的良心告诉你 |
[06:37] | to find the grown-up person, take him into the family… | 必须去找到长大了的小孩 并带他回家 |
[06:39] | and bestow your wealth on him. | 给予他财富 |
[06:41] | – Excellent. – Thank you. | -很好 -谢谢 |
[06:44] | And why did I force my sister to give the child away? | 但我为什么 要强迫我妹妹把小孩送人 |
[06:48] | I guess the kid was a… illegitimate, Miss Rainbird. | 我想 那个小孩可能是 私生子 兰伯特女士 |
[06:54] | I don’t want you to think me a puritan, Madame Blanche. | 我不希望你以为我是个清教徒 布兰琪夫人 |
[06:57] | But 40 years ago, an unmarried mother… | 但是 40年前 未婚母亲 |
[07:00] | was not the commonplace it is nowadays. | 并不像现在这么普遍 |
[07:03] | And in a family like ours, | 尤其是在我们这样的家族 |
[07:05] | a scandal had to be covered up at all costs. | 不得不牺牲一切代价来掩盖丑闻 |
[07:08] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[07:10] | And I’m still sufficiently old-fashioned, | 我必须保持传统 |
[07:12] | and sufficiently protective of the Rainbird name, | 并维护兰伯特家的名声 |
[07:15] | to want to seek the missing heir… | 寻找失踪的继承人时 |
[07:17] | in a private and secret fashion, | 必须以私人并秘密的方式进行 |
[07:21] | rather than go to detective agencies… | 而不是去找侦探社 |
[07:24] | and put notices in the newspapers. | 或是登报寻人 |
[07:26] | A most wise decision, Miss Rainbird. | 这是个明智的决定 兰伯特女士 |
[07:31] | Well, now, suppose we get to the reason…for my sending for you. | 那么 现在 我们找到了必须请你帮忙的理由 |
[07:35] | I’m 78 years of age. | 我已经78岁了 |
[07:38] | I would like to go to my grave with a quiet conscience. | 我希望能带着一颗平静的心 跨进棺材 |
[07:41] | Particularly as I know that my only heir is out there somewhere, | 特别是当我知道唯一的继承人 就在外面的某个地方 |
[07:46] | deprived by my acts of his true Rainbird name. | 是我的行为 剥夺了他兰伯特的姓氏 |
[07:50] | Will you help me with your powers? | 你能用你的力量帮助我吗 |
[07:56] | If in your heart you believe that I can, | 如果你是诚心的 我可以 |
[07:58] | then I owe it to both of us to try, Miss Rainbird. | 我有责任让我们共同去尝试 兰伯特女士 |
[08:01] | No, I’m too old for trying. | 不 我太老了 做不到了 |
[08:03] | I’ve only time enough left for results! | 我只来得及去看到结果 |
[08:07] | Find him for me, Madame Blanche. | 帮我找到他 布兰琪夫人 |
[08:08] | Use your spirit-control, your “Henry.”g | 用你的精神力量 还有你的亨利 |
[08:12] | Get through to my sister. | 透过我的妹妹 |
[08:14] | Find her son, whoever he is, wherever he is, | 找到她的儿子 查出他是谁 无论他的身分 |
[08:18] | and I’ll pay you $10,000. | 我会付给你一万美元 |
[08:22] | Te… | 一万 |
[08:28] | Only if you genuinely wish to, Miss Rainbird. | 如果你是真心的 兰伯特女士 |
[08:32] | But let’s not think of this as a payment to me. | 但是不要认为这些钱是付给了我 |
[08:36] | There are many causes dear to my heart, | 因为我很有爱心 |
[08:38] | which need all the charity the world can spare. | 世上所有的慈善机构都需要它 |
[08:42] | You’ve no idea how refreshing it is for a woman of my wealth… | 你不知道它让一个女人多么振奋 我的财富 |
[08:45] | to find someone who has so little use for money. | 找个人只需要用到这么一点点钱 |
[08:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:50] | Well, now, I regard our arrangement as completed. | 那么 我想我们已经谈妥了 |
[08:54] | I… It’s my bedtime. | 我的睡觉时间到了 |
[08:58] | I must take leave of your delightful company. | 我必须向你这位 令人愉快的客人告别了 |
[09:00] | This has been a most memorable evening for me, Miss Rainbird. | 对我来说这是一个难忘的夜晚 兰伯特女士 |
[09:03] | See to it that you make it a rewarding one. | 你让钱发挥了更大的价值 |
[09:06] | At the risk of repeating myself, | 你让自己反覆的陷入险境 |
[09:09] | I hope you will not forget… | 我希望你不要忘记 |
[09:11] | that nobody, absolutely no one, should know of our search. | 没有人 绝对没有任何人 能知道我们的寻找行动 |
[09:16] | The Rainbird name must be protected. | 兰伯特家的名声必须受到保护 |
[09:19] | My jaw is locked. | 我保证守口如瓶 |
[09:21] | On that note, I will say good-bye, and thank you for coming. | 一言为定 再见了 感谢你的光临 |
[10:00] | So, how’d it go? | 事情怎么样了 |
[10:03] | I don’t know. Having to do Henry is murder on my throat. | 我不知道 扮演亨利 简直是在谋杀我的喉咙 |
[10:07] | – Murder. – Yeah, yeah. I know. | -谋杀 -是 是 我明白 |
[10:11] | – So how did it go? – She’s hooked, waiting to be pulled in. | -那事情怎么样了 -她上钩了 就等着被拉上来 |
[10:14] | Another one of your $25 sardines? | 另一条价值25元的沙丁鱼 |
[10:17] | No. This is a big one, George. A great big whale. | 不 这是条大鱼 乔治 一条大鲸鱼 |
[10:21] | Well, come on. Give. | 哦 快点 告诉我 |
[10:23] | Keep your eyes on the road. Don’t rush me. | 把你的眼睛留在路上 别催我 |
[10:25] | Okay, Blanchie. | 好的 布兰琪 |
[10:28] | Start way up at the top. | 洗耳恭听 |
[10:30] | Well, it was as simple as A-B-C. | 嗯 就像收听ABC广播一样简单 |
[10:33] | Henry came to me from the Upper Brightness, | 亨利来找我 来自天上 |
[10:34] | whispered to me, “This womars been having sleep problems.” | 低声对我说”这位女士长期有睡眠的困扰” |
[10:37] | From there on, things followed naturally, logically. | 之后就顺其自然 按照逻辑 |
[10:41] | Aha! So I came through for you again, didn’t I, darlin? | 啊哈 我一次又帮了你大忙啊 亲爱的 |
[10:44] | No. What are you talking about, George? | 不 你在说什么 乔治 |
[10:46] | What do you mean, what am I talking about? | 你是什么意思 我说了什么 |
[10:48] | You know damn well what I’m talking about. | 你他妈的知道我在说什么 |
[10:51] | All that information that I dug up by gabbir to the local druggist… | 所有的资讯 是我向当地的药剂师挖来的 |
[10:54] | about how she was drivir him crazy… | 关于她被失眠搞得快发疯 |
[10:56] | tryir to get sleeping pills without a prescription! | 试图没有处方购买安眠药 |
[10:58] | That could have been very, very useful to me. | 这本来对我非常非常有用 |
[11:02] | Why didn’t you tell me about that? | 为什么你没告诉我这些事 |
[11:04] | What do you mean, why didn’t I tell you? I told you. You know damn well I told you. | 你什么意思 我没告诉你 你他妈的知道我告诉过你 |
[11:07] | No, you always think you tell me things, and you forget to. | 不 你总是以为你告诉过我事情 但其实你忘了 |
[11:11] | I have to go through heaven and hell, the Great Beyond, with Henry. | 我必须跨越天堂与地狱 去和亨利沟通 |
[11:15] | Henry, my ass. It was me. | 亨利 听好 是我 |
[11:19] | It’s always me. | 总是我 |
[11:21] | Without my research, you’re about as psychic as a dry salami. | 如果没有我的调查 你这通灵人不过是个干腊肠 |
[11:24] | Nasty. Nasty, nasty. | 龌龊 龌龊 龌龊 |
[11:27] | I’m sick and tired of having you hang me by the crystal balls. | 我已经厌烦了当你的水晶球 |
[11:31] | Leave your crystal balls out of this, George. | 顾好你自己的水晶球吧 乔治 |
[11:34] | No, let’s leave Henry out of this and keep the bullshit for your customers. | 不 别谈亨利了 把废话留给你的客户吧 |
[11:37] | You’re jealous of him, aren’t you? | 你嫉妒他 是吗 |
[11:39] | Oh, please, Blanche. | 喔 拜托 布兰琪 |
[11:42] | I like your jealousy. It’s your driving that stinks. | 我喜欢你的嫉妒 这是你这驾驶的臭味 |
[11:45] | Hey, look. I happen to be an actor, not a cab driver. | 嘿 听着 我偶尔也是个演员 不是计程车司机 |
[11:48] | I can play cab drivers, but I sure as hell don’t have to drive like one. | 我当然能扮演司机 但我相信地狱不需要一位驾驶 |
[11:51] | Well, until I can collect from Julia Rainbird, | 哦 直到我赚到 朱莉亚·兰伯特这一票以前 |
[11:54] | I’m afraid you’re gonna have to go on playing a cab driver. | 恐怕你需要 继续扮演好计程车司机 |
[11:56] | Neither of us seems to be very fond of starving to death. | 我们俩都不希望饿死 |
[11:59] | Well, how are we supposed to collect? How much is this Rainbird whale gonna spout up? | 哦 我们该如何干这票 这条兰伯特鲸鱼能喷出多少钱 |
[12:03] | Also, you’re gonna have to go on playing a private eye. | 你要继续扮演好私家侦探 |
[12:06] | Christ, no! I’ve had it playing private eyes. | 上帝 不 我已经演够了私家侦探 |
[12:09] | Christ, yes! Now, George. | 上帝 是的 乔治 |
[12:12] | Stop blaspheming. | 停止亵渎吧 |
[12:15] | You wanna put the curse on ten big ones? | 你想要诅咒十张大钞 |
[12:18] | Now, wait a minute, Blanche. | 等一等 布兰琪 |
[12:21] | – Did you say ten big ones? – Mm-hmm. | -你说十张大钞 -嗯哼 |
[12:24] | – Ten thousand? – Mm-hmm. | -一万 -嗯哼 |
[12:26] | – Dollars? – Dollars, George! | -美元 -美元 乔治 |
[12:30] | Now, Blanche, you got any idea… | 现在 布兰琪 你想想 |
[12:33] | what you and I could do with ten grand? | 我们能如何花这一万美元 |
[12:36] | Mm-hmm. We could even get married. | 嗯哼 我们甚至可以结婚 |
[12:38] | What are you always a wet blanket for? | 为什么你总是要扫兴呢 |
[12:41] | Oh, you flatter me so. | 哈 你太夸奖我了 |
[12:43] | Well, what’s the deal? What do we have to do? | 那么 怎么做 我们该做什么 |
[12:45] | I’ll tell you about it in bed, afterwards. | 我晚点会在床上告诉你的 |
[12:48] | Aw, come on, Blanche. Give me a hint. | 噢 拜托 布兰琪 给我一点暗示 |
[12:50] | Just a little… Fore play. | 只是一点 前戏 |
[12:53] | All right. Find one man. That’s all. | 好吧 找一个人 就这样 |
[12:56] | Well, we’ve had to do worse than that. What’s his name? | 哦 我们做过更糟糕的事 他叫什么名字 |
[12:59] | Hmm. Ah… nobody knows. | 呃 没有人知道 |
[13:04] | – Well, who is he? – That’s a problem. Nobody knows. | -那么 他是谁 -好问题 没有人知道 |
[13:07] | – Where is he? – Nobody knows. | -他在哪里 -没有人知道 |
[13:11] | Well, for chrissake! | 喔 别说笑了 |
[13:12] | You mean, nobody knows, Blanche? | 你的意思是 都没有人知道 布兰琪 |
[13:14] | Nobody knows his name, or where he is, or who he is? | 没有人知道他的名字 他在哪里 或者他是谁 |
[13:16] | Well, George, stop yelling. | 嘿 乔治 别叫了 |
[13:18] | There’s a possibility of one person who might have known. | 有个人可能会知道 |
[13:22] | – Well, who’s that? – Julia Rainbird didn’t mention him to me. | -哦 是谁 -朱莉亚·兰伯特没有对我提到他 |
[13:26] | Fortunately, her friend Ida Cookson did. | 幸运的是 她的朋友爱达·库克森跟我说了 |
[13:28] | – Well, who is it? – The Rainbird family chauffeur. | -哦 那是谁 -兰伯特的私人司机 |
[13:31] | Well, now you’re talkir. Now we’re on our way. | 哦 你总算说出了一条正道 |
[13:34] | Trouble is… Well, | 麻烦的是 呃 |
[13:38] | he’s been dead for 25 years. | 他已经死了25年 |
[13:40] | Oh, for chrissake, Blanche… | 喔 别再说笑了 布兰琪 |
[13:43] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, don’t start to fret, George, | 喔 不不不 别紧张 乔治 |
[13:45] | or our water bed will be no fun at all tonight. | 否则今晚我们在水床上 将会失去乐趣 |
[13:48] | As an actor, you should know fretting will ruin a performance. | 做为一个演员 你应该知道 烦躁会毁了演出的 |
[13:51] | You’re not gonna have to worry about my performance tonight. | 你该不会是在担心 我今晚的表现吧 |
[13:53] | As a matter of fact, uh, on this very evening, | 事实上 今天晚上 |
[13:57] | you’re gonna see a standing ovation. | 你会想要起立鼓掌的 |
[14:46] | She’s here. No, not a man. It’s a woman. | 她在这里 不 不是男的 是个女人 |
[14:49] | Right. Follow me. | 好的 跟我来 |
[15:13] | As long as you’ve got Victor Constantine, we can’t touch you. | 只要维克多·康斯坦丁 还在你手上 我们就不能动你 |
[15:16] | So you might as well put that thing away. | 所以 你不如把那东西放下吧 |
[15:37] | You’ve been calling yourself”The Trader,” so we thought you were a man. | 你一直称自己为”交易人”因此我们以为你是一个男人 |
[15:48] | I think we deserve some assurance that the victim is still alive. | 我认为我们也应该得到一些保证 确认肉票仍然活着 |
[15:57] | All radios have been removed from the helicopter, as you instructed. | 按照你的指示 无线电已经从直升机上移除 |
[16:08] | “Mr. Constantine will be unconscious but in perfect condition when picked up. | “康斯坦丁先生正在昏睡当中 |
[16:12] | Just let him sleep the drug off.” | 只要等安眠药药效退去就会醒来” |
[16:18] | All right, Sergeant, turn on the lights. | 好吧 警长 开灯 |
[16:49] | – Don’t try and be a hero. – Yes, sir. | -别逞英雄 -是的 先生 |
[16:55] | Well, we’ve done our part. | 好 我们已经尽了我们的部分 |
[17:01] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[17:27] | Not one goddamn mistake. | 别发生任何该死的错误 |
[17:37] | How far are we going? | 还要飞多远 |
[17:41] | It’s lucky for you they’ve still got the victim. | 你运气真好 他们还愿意为肉票付出 |
[17:44] | I’d like nothing better than to toss you right out of this thing on your head. | 更重要的是我把你扔下去 这件事没发生在你身上 |
[17:53] | You sure have this little trip mapped out, don’t you? | 当然 这趟小旅行是你预订的 不是吗 |
[18:00] | I bet that thing isn’t even loaded. | 我打赌 那东西甚至没装子弹 |
[18:18] | Golf course, huh? | 高尔夫球场 |
[19:34] | Brilliant. Absolutely perfect. | 耀眼 非常完美 |
[19:57] | My feet are killing me. These damn six-inch heels. | 我的脚快断了 这该死的六英吋高跟鞋 |
[20:02] | I happen to like tall women. | 我恰巧喜欢高挑的女人 |
[20:05] | Everybody likes tall women. | 每个人都喜欢高挑的女人 |
[20:07] | In fact, everyone’s going to be looking for a tall woman. | 事实上 每个人都在寻找 高挑的女人 |
[20:10] | Aside from complaining a lot, | 但总是不尽如人意 |
[20:12] | what have you been doing with yourself lately? | 你最近都在做些什么 |
[20:15] | Oh, nothing much. Picking up a ransom, that sort of thing. | 噢 没什么 抱赎金啦 诸如此类的事情 |
[20:18] | Did you see anyone, uh, we know? | 你有看到任何 我们不知道的人吗 |
[20:20] | Two men who look like police and a third who just had to be F.B.I. | 有两个看来是警察 另外第三个绝对是FBI |
[20:25] | You mix with the nicest people. | 最常和你打交道的人 |
[20:28] | Beats housework. | 家常便饭 |
[20:31] | – Did you say anything to them? – Not a syllable. | -你有对他们说什么 -一个声音也没发出 |
[20:35] | Now, you see, honey? | 你看吧 亲爱的 |
[20:37] | I told you you could learn to keep your mouth shut, if you tried. | 我说过你可以学着缄默 只要你去尝试 |
[20:43] | Look who’s here. | 瞧瞧是谁在这里 |
[20:49] | Mm. Has anyone seen a tall, | 嗯 有没有人看到一位身材高挑的 |
[20:52] | blonde woman around here lately? | 金发美女 刚才她还在这里 |
[20:54] | Gone, poof! Who needs her? | 喔 走掉了 有谁会需要她 |
[20:56] | I do. At least one more time. | 我要 至少多留点时间给我吧 |
[22:22] | Let me put that there, darlin. | 好了 亲爱的 |
[22:26] | Mr. Constantine has left us some wine. | 康斯坦丁先生给我们 留了一点葡萄酒 |
[22:30] | I don’t think he likes the imported stuff. | 我不认为他喜欢进口的东西 |
[22:32] | Uh… It was probably my veal parmesan. | 嗯 还有我的牛肉干酪 |
[22:34] | – I’m afraid I overcooked it. | 我想我煮得太烂了 |
[22:36] | – He likes eating in a room with a view, that’s all. | 他喜欢在餐厅吃东西 就这样 |
[22:38] | You know how fussy rich people are. | 你知道 有钱人很挑剔的 |
[22:40] | Don’t forget to empty that out. | 别忘了洗干净 |
[22:45] | Don’t you think emptying a chemical toilet… is below the dignity of a jewel collector? | 你不觉得洗马桶 有损宝石收藏家的尊严吗 |
[22:49] | – The wages of sin, Arthur. – I’ll do it tomorrow. | -真是罪恶的工作啊 亚瑟 -我明天再做 |
[22:55] | Never put off till tomorrow… | 不能拖到明天 |
[22:57] | – what you can empty out tonight. – Bitch. | -或是你今晚也可以先略过 -婊子 |
[23:34] | Arthur, what’s Amsterdam like? | 亚瑟 阿姆斯特丹是怎样的地方 |
[23:37] | Oh, lots of canals. | 喔 大量的运河 |
[23:39] | Lots of wizened old men… | 很多干瘪的老头 |
[23:41] | with sharp eyes, sitting around cutting big stones into little ones. | 坐在大石头上 以锐利的目光盯着年轻人 |
[23:46] | You’ll see. | 你会看到的 |
[23:53] | I don’t know what’s come over me tonight. I’m tingling all over. | 我不知道什么是影响我 今晚我浑身感到不舒服 |
[23:57] | I told you about danger, didn’t I? | 我告诉过你危险的 不是吗 |
[24:00] | First it makes you sick. | 首先 它使你生病 |
[24:03] | Then, when you get through it, it makes you very, | 当你平安度过 它又让你非常 |
[24:06] | very loving. | 非常热爱 |
[24:11] | – Darling, is it… – Hmm? | -亲爱的 这 -嗯 |
[24:15] | It was all too easy. It’s frightening. | 这太过容易了 让人害怕 |
[24:18] | Brilliant planning. | 出色的计划 |
[24:21] | They don’t have a single lead to follow. | 他们没有任何线索可以追踪 |
[24:25] | What about the ketamine we stuck him with? | 我们对他用的麻药有效吗 |
[24:28] | Well, if Doctor Vogel didn’t miss it six months ago when I had my wisdom tooth out, | 哦 如果沃格尔医生六个月前 拔我的臼齿时有效 |
[24:32] | he’s not gonna miss it now. | 现在对他一样有效吧 |
[24:34] | Don’t finish up in there. Let’s go to bed. | 不要在这里浪费时间了 我们上床吧 |
[24:36] | – Tired? – Mm-mm. Tingling all over. | -累了吗 -嗯 全身酸痛 |
[24:40] | How’d I ever let you get me into all this? | 为什么我会让你占有这一切 |
[24:43] | I thought I fell in love with you because I needed some stability. | 我想我爱上了你 因为我需要一些稳定 |
[24:48] | Well, I guess you’re just a bad judge of character. | 哦 我猜只是你的性格不好 |
[24:51] | – Where’d you put the diamond, dear? – Where everyone can see it. | -你把到手的钻石放在哪 -大家都看得到的地方 |
[24:54] | – You didn’t. – I did. | -你才没有 -我有 |
[24:56] | – Are you gonna tell me where? – You’ll have to torture me first. | -你要告诉我在哪里吗 -你得先折磨我 |
[25:00] | Oh! I intend to. | 喔 我正打算呢 |
[25:03] | In a few minutes. | 就在几分钟后 |
[25:09] | Now, with all due respect to the F.B.I. And the Bureau of Inspectors, | 我已经够尊重FBI和督察局了 |
[25:13] | I have no time to play games. | 我没有时间玩游戏 |
[25:15] | Now, lest we forget, gentlemen, I have been away from this desk forcibly. | 不要忘记 先生们 我已经强烈的想离开这个办公桌 |
[25:19] | I’ve got a lot of work to catch up on. | 我还有许多工作赶着做 |
[25:21] | Now, how many more times we gonna go through this goddamn thing? | 这该死的事情 我们还要谈多少回 |
[25:26] | Until we come up with something, Mr. Constantine. | 直到我们找到线索为止 康斯坦丁先生 |
[25:28] | That’s a hell of a way to solve a kidnapping. | 这种解决绑架的方法真是地狱 |
[25:30] | Mr. Constantine, you’re not the first victim, you know. | 康斯坦丁先生 你要知道 |
[25:32] | There have been others. | 你不是第一个受害者 还有其他人 |
[25:35] | All right, all right. But from me, you’ll learn absolutely nothing. | 好了 好了 但是从我这里 你们也得不到线索的 |
[25:38] | – You never know. – I know. | -你永远不会知道 -我知道 |
[25:40] | All right. Floyd? | 好吧 弗伊 |
[25:42] | Now. The underground garage. | 现在 从地下停车场说起 |
[25:45] | – Full of cars. – Sounds? | -停满了车 -声音呢 |
[25:48] | – People, behind me. – Was it a man, or was it a woman? | -有个人在我身后 -是男人还是女人 |
[25:50] | – I don’t know. – Man or woman? | -我不知道 -男人还是女人 |
[25:52] | – Man. – Then what? | -男人 -然后呢 |
[25:54] | It was a prick in my shoulder. I started to turn. | 就在我正要转身时 我的肩膀一阵刺痛 |
[25:58] | Eh…And I woke up in a room. | 接着 我在一个房间里醒来 |
[26:01] | Yes, and what did you hear? Inside or outside? | 是的 你有听到什么吗 屋内或屋外的声音 |
[26:05] | The room was soundproofed. | 房间是隔音的 |
[26:08] | I never heard anything except a disembodied voice of a loudspeaker. | 我什么都听不到 除了扬声器里传来空洞的声音 |
[26:12] | – Describe it. – But I’ve already done that. | -描述一下 -但我已经说过了 |
[26:15] | Again! | 再说一次 |
[26:18] | It was the voice of a man, no accent. | 是一个男人的声音 没有口音 |
[26:20] | – Doctored up electronically. Unrecognizable. – How many of them were there? | -电子变声过 无法辨识 -有几个人在那里 |
[26:25] | Two. A man and a woman. | 两个 一男一女 |
[26:27] | – Why do you say that? – Because the faintest light filtered down from above. | -你为什么这么说 -因为只有微弱的光线照射下来 |
[26:33] | But not enough to give me a chance to see who they were. | 不足以给我机会看看他们是谁 |
[26:35] | – Yes, and who did the cooking? – She did. | -那么是谁煮饭 -她煮的 |
[26:37] | – Why? – Because a man would not bother to put the parsley… | -为什么 -因为男人不会费心思 |
[26:41] | on the filet of sole, that’s why. | 在鱼排上放香芹 这就是原因 |
[26:43] | – How old is she? – Come on, now. Please. | -她多大年纪 -喔 拜托 |
[26:47] | – How old is she? – Twenty-five. | -她多大年纪 -25 |
[26:50] | – Why? – Why? | -为什么 -为什么 |
[26:53] | Because if a man my age is gonna get kidnapped by a woman, | 如果像我这样年龄的男人 要被一个女人绑架 |
[26:55] | he wants her to be 25, that’s why. | 他希望她有25岁 这就是原因 |
[27:00] | – Describe your return. – The return. | -描述一下你如何被释放 -释放 |
[27:03] | The disembodied voice tells me to sit with my back to the door. | 那空洞的声音叫我坐下来 并背对着门 |
[27:07] | The light goes out, the door opens, they both come in. | 灯光熄灭 门打开 他们走了进来 |
[27:11] | I feel a prick in my left arm. | 我感到左手臂一阵刺痛 |
[27:13] | The next thing I know, I wake up in that hospital bed… | 接下来我只知道 我在医院的病床上醒来 |
[27:16] | with you sitting there, thinking up questions! | 你就坐在那里 开始问东问西的 |
[27:19] | Thank you, Mr. Constantine. You’re doing great. | 谢谢 康斯坦丁先生 你做得很好 |
[27:22] | – That’s what you think. – All right, let’s start all over again. | -这就是你的感想 -好 让我们重头开始 |
[27:26] | Aw, shit! | 噢 妈的 |
[27:56] | Why, Henry, you have such a beaming smile on your face. | 亨利 为什么你面带微笑 |
[28:00] | I smile because I’m happy, Blanche. | 我微笑是因为我很高兴 布兰琪 |
[28:02] | It comes through you, Blanche, from your friend, Ida Cookson. | 能透过你 布兰琪 传达讯息给你朋友 爱达·库克森 |
[28:06] | I’m her guide, Henry. | 我是她的向导 亨利 |
[28:09] | Friendship can be claimed only when it cannot be denied. | 只有在不被否认的时候 才能称为真正的友谊 |
[28:13] | Tell Ida Cookson we’re all thankful here… | 告诉爱达·库克森 我们在这里都很感谢 |
[28:16] | for the warm tranquility in her heart. | 她温暖而宁静的心灵 |
[28:18] | It will grow even warmer as she trusts in you, | 因为她信任你 使得这更加温暖 |
[28:22] | and confides in you, and holds back no secrets from you… | 向你倾诉 没有对你保留秘密 |
[28:27] | be they her own, or those of her intimate friends. | 无论是对她自己 或是她的亲密朋友 |
[28:32] | Did you hear that, Mrs. Cookson? | 你听到了吗 库克森夫人 |
[28:34] | Yes, Madame Blanche. | 是的 布兰琪夫人 |
[28:36] | Henry, I want you to seek Walter for us now. | 亨利 我需要你 帮我们寻找沃尔特 |
[28:43] | Search through to the Double Strand of Kindness, until… | 透过善意的寻找 直到 |
[28:47] | my friend Ida Cookson is joined in loving communication… | 我的朋友爱达·库克森 能加入这爱的交流 |
[28:51] | with her dear, departed husband. | 与她亲爱的丈夫沟通 |
[28:53] | I will try, Blanche. | 我试试看 布兰琪 |
[28:55] | But first, the mist must part a little, and the veil must rise… | 但是首先 必须让迷雾消散 并揭起薄纱 |
[29:00] | to let in the light that will show us the path. | 让光线指引我们道路 |
[29:04] | Ah, I’m ready now, Henry. | 我准备好了 亨利 |
[29:06] | Ready! Ready to follow you, wherever you want me to go. | 准备 准备好了跟随你 无论你要我去哪儿 |
[29:11] | Where? Where are you taking me, Henry? | 哪里 你要带我到哪里 亨利 |
[29:14] | Yes, yes, yes! I see. | 是的 是的 我看到了 |
[29:16] | I see your hand beckoning to me. | 我看到你在向我招手 |
[29:20] | Oh, what a lovely garden, Henry. | 喔 多么迷人的花园啊 亨利 |
[29:23] | My, my. Oh! | 我 我 喔 |
[29:26] | Is that… Is that a statue there? | 那是 那是一尊雕像吗 |
[29:29] | Oh! Could this be Walter standing beside the fountain? | 噢 那是沃尔特站在喷泉旁边吗 |
[29:36] | – How can you do this to me? – I need your car keys. | -你怎么能这样对我 -我需要你的车钥匙 |
[29:38] | – I’m in a hurry. – Oh! | -我赶时间 -喔 |
[29:40] | Do you realize what damage you can do my psyche, breaking in this way? | 你知道打断我的思绪 会造成什么损害吗 |
[29:43] | Just give me your keys. I need ’em. | 只要给我你的钥匙 我赶时间 |
[29:45] | Yes, Henry! What for? | 是的 亨利 要干嘛 |
[29:47] | I’ve located the daughter of the Rainbird chauffeur. | 我找到兰伯特司机的女儿了 |
[29:49] | – And I’m not going as a cab driver. – Oh! | -我这计程车司机却去不了 -喔 |
[29:51] | – What am I supposed to do without my car? – I don’t care what you do. | -你说我应该做的 我却没有车 -我才不在乎你做什么 |
[29:54] | – Take a taxi. Just give me the keys. – The trees are swaying! | -我开计程车 只要给我钥匙 -树在摇动 |
[29:57] | And the branches part! | 枝叶分开了 |
[30:00] | But there’s no one there! Here. | 但那儿一个人也没有 在这里 |
[30:02] | I see shadows falling! The air is getting cold! | 我看到影子消失了 空气越来越冷 |
[30:05] | The brightness… dims. Good-bye, Henry! | 光线变暗了 再见 亨利 |
[30:08] | Oh! | 喔 |
[30:11] | Did you find Walter? | 你找到沃尔特了 |
[30:14] | – Where? – In the kitchen. | -在哪里 -在厨房里啊 |
[30:19] | I did. | 没错 |
[30:35] | I wonder if I could speak to you for a couple minutes, Mrs. Hannagan. | 我不知道能不能和你谈几分钟 海妮根女士 |
[30:39] | Why, sure. Do we know each other? | 当然 我们认识吗 |
[30:41] | No, I’m Frank McBride, | 不 我叫法兰克·麦克布莱 |
[30:43] | of the law firm of Ferguson, Ferguson & McBride, | 弗格森和麦克布莱律师事务所的 |
[30:45] | and I just wondered if you would mind… | 我只是想知道 如果你不介意 |
[30:48] | answering a couple questions about your background. | 回答一些关于你背景的问题 |
[30:50] | – My background? – Mm-hmm. | -我的背景 -嗯 |
[30:52] | Dull as dishwater. | 就像洗碗水一样无趣 |
[30:54] | I mean, what in the world would you be wanting with that? | 我的意思是 你为什么会想知道这个 |
[30:57] | Well, let’s just say that the, uh, | 呃 这样说吧 嗯 |
[30:59] | information that I’m interested in could be won’th a great deal of money. | 我对那些讯息感兴趣 是因为值不少钱 |
[31:03] | Oh, yeah? To who? | 哦 是吗 给谁 |
[31:06] | Well, we’ll get around to that pleasant little subject in a minute, | 嗯 我们只要花一点点时间 问几个愉快的小问题 |
[31:10] | if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意 |
[31:10] | – Okay. – Oh, swell. | -好吧 -太好了 |
[31:12] | Now, why don’t we just start at the beginning? | 现在 我们从头开始吧 |
[31:15] | – Your parents. – Oh, they’re both dead. God rest ’em. | -你的父母呢 -喔 他们都过世了 蒙主宠召 |
[31:19] | – Your father was a chauffeur, though, right? – How did you know that? | -你的父亲是一名司机 对吧 -你怎么知道 |
[31:22] | He was a chauffeur for the Rainbird family. | 他是兰伯特家族的司机 |
[31:26] | Right again! You’d be a hell of a detective, Mr. McBride. | 又说对了 你像是个冥界的侦探 麦克布莱先生 |
[31:31] | I don’t know about that, my dear. | 这我可就不知道了 亲爱的 |
[31:33] | Now, during this period of time, though, can you remember anybody, uh, | 这段时间 你还记不记得有谁 |
[31:37] | being a close friend of your father’s? | 是你父亲的亲密朋友 |
[31:41] | Uh, there was a man. It was away back when I was in school. | 嗯 是有一个人 很久以前了 当时我还在读书 |
[31:44] | Uh, there was this guy that my father used to drink beer with… | 那人经常和我父亲一起喝啤酒 |
[31:47] | and shoot pool with down in the village. | 并一起到村里打撞球 |
[31:49] | This Harry Shoebridge had a poultry shop with his wife, Sadie. | 这哈利·休奎奇 和他太太莎蒂开了一间家禽店 |
[31:54] | Shoebridge. | 休奎奇 |
[31:56] | Yeah. His business was always lousy, | 是啊 他的生意一直很差 |
[31:59] | even when times were good. | 即使在景气好的时候 |
[32:01] | And she used to have miscarriages… | 她曾经流产过 |
[32:03] | like other women have birthdays. | 就像其他女人一样不再过生日 |
[32:05] | Well, they stopped trying, and they moved away… | 后来 他们放弃并搬走了 |
[32:08] | to Barlow Creek, and, uh, adopted a kid, I think. | 搬到巴洛溪去 并收养了一个小孩 我想 |
[32:12] | – A boy? – Yeah. An infant. | -男孩吗 -是啊 一个婴儿 |
[32:15] | But, you know, I’m not so sure. | 但是 你知道的 我不太确定 |
[32:18] | I… It’s all kind of hazy, an-and, uh, | 我 记忆有些模糊 嗯 |
[32:21] | I keep connecting it with… | 我试着回想 |
[32:24] | Well, I remember this night… | 嗯 我记得有一晚 |
[32:28] | with my Dad driving over there… to the Shoebridge’s all alone, and then getting in… | 我父亲从休奎奇那里 一个人开车回家 |
[32:33] | a big fight with Ma because he’d come home at 4:00 A.M., | 然后和我妈妈大吵了一架 因为他回到家时已经凌晨四点了 |
[32:36] | and he wouldn’t tell her what he was doing or something. | 且他不告诉她 他到底去做了些什么 |
[32:39] | Now, after my dad passed away… God rest his soul… | 现在 我父亲过世了 愿上帝保佑他的灵魂安息 |
[32:44] | my ma was damn mad at the Shoebridge’s, | 我妈妈非常痛恨休奎奇 |
[32:46] | because they never showed up at the funeral. | 因为他们一直没有来参加葬礼 |
[32:49] | – Then she found out why. – Why? | -后来 她发现了原因 -为什么 |
[32:53] | A year earlier, they’d gone to their own funeral. | 就在一年前 他们参加了自己的葬礼 |
[32:57] | – Dead? – Mm-hmm. | -死了 -嗯 |
[32:59] | – Their house burned down with them in it. – Well, what about the son? | -他们和房子一起烧死了 -那么 小孩怎么了 |
[33:03] | Mrs. Hannagan! Can’t you see that there are customers? | 海妮根女士 你没看到有顾客吗 |
[33:06] | – Oh, yes. Yes. I’ll be right there. – She’ll be right there, ma’am. | -噢 好的 我马上过去 -她马上过去 夫人 |
[33:09] | Uh-Uh, look, um, Mr. McBride, | 嗯 听着 麦克布莱先生 |
[33:12] | – about all this being won’th something… – Mrs. Hannagan! | -事情差不多就这样了 -海妮根女士 |
[33:16] | – Yeah. – Wait a second. | -好的 -等一下 |
[33:19] | This Shoebridge son… where do I look for him? | 我到哪里才能找到 休奎奇的儿子 |
[33:21] | Well, try the Barlow Creek Cemetery. | 嗯 到巴洛溪公墓试试吧 |
[33:24] | What do you mean, the cemetery? | 什么意思 到公墓 |
[33:26] | Well, I’m not sure, but I think he’s dead, too. | 嗯 我不确定 但我认为他死了 |
[35:11] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[35:30] | Dead end, Blanche. | 死胡同 布兰琪 |
[35:33] | Dead and buried. | 早就埋葬了 |
[36:00] | – Caretaker. Do somethir for you? – I’m a friend of the family. | -我是管理人 能为你做什么吗 -我是这家庭的朋友 |
[36:06] | None left. Bad business, that. | 什么都没留下 这差事糟透了 |
[36:11] | You mean the fire? | 你是指大火吗 |
[36:14] | Never liked them multiple funerals. | 我不喜欢他们同时被埋葬 |
[36:16] | Too much work involved, all at one time. | 太多工作都挤在同一时间 |
[36:21] | They died together, yet they’re not… buried together in the same hole. | 他们是一起死的 但他们没有埋在一起 |
[36:26] | How come? | 为什么 |
[36:29] | Search me. | 我怎么知道 |
[36:33] | Here. Look. | 瞧这里 |
[36:47] | Died in 1950. Died 1950. | 1950年过世 |
[36:50] | Died 1950. | 1950年过世 |
[36:52] | Both died the same date. | 这两个死亡日期相同 |
[36:58] | Old stone. | 旧石碑 |
[37:00] | This is practically new stone. | 而这个是新的石碑 |
[37:05] | – Smart fellow, ain’t ya? – Why? Have I stumbled on to something? | -真是聪明人 -怎么 被我发现什么了 |
[37:10] | Well, nice meetir ya. | 哦 很高兴认识你 |
[37:13] | Better get back to my work. I got a job comir in here tomorrow. | 我该回去干活了 明天在这儿还有份工作 |
[37:36] | Turn that damn thing down, Marcella. | 把那该死的东西关小 玛西洛 |
[37:39] | Can’t even hear myself think. | 我甚至听不到自己的说话声 |
[37:43] | How do you expect me to remember anything that far back? | 你想我怎么可能 记得那么久以前的事情 |
[37:46] | I’d have to go through my old files for that kind of information. | 我必须要翻阅我的旧档案 来找资料才行 |
[37:49] | Well, Mr. Wheeler, I hate to insist… | 嗯 威勒先生 我不喜欢坚持 |
[37:52] | You know something, Mr. McBride? | 你知道吗 麦克布莱先生 |
[37:55] | You lawyers are all alike. | 你们律师全都一样 |
[37:58] | Trouble, trouble, trouble. | 麻烦 麻烦 麻烦 |
[38:02] | Well, come on. I don’t have all day. | 来吧 我可没有整天的时间 |
[38:04] | What year did you say the family died? | 你说的那一家是哪一年死的 |
[38:07] | Uh, 1950. | 嗯 1950年 |
[38:09] | What month? | 几月 |
[38:13] | Ah, I can’t help you there. | 这我可帮不了你 |
[38:15] | – Shoebridge. Shoebri… – Can I sit down? – Yeah, go ahead. | -我能坐下吗 -好 请便 |
[38:18] | Shoebridge. Shoebridge. | 休奎奇 休奎奇 |
[38:21] | Oh, here it is. “Shoebridge: Harry and Sadie. | 喔 在这儿”休奎奇 哈利和莎蒂” |
[38:26] | “Large marble. Model 28. | “大型大理石 28号” |
[38:29] | “Paid in full. Check number 93. | “全额支付 检索编号93” |
[38:31] | First Church of Latter Day Saints, Barlow Creek.” | “第一教堂末世圣徒 巴洛溪” |
[38:35] | What about the son? | 那儿子呢 |
[38:38] | – Edward Shoebridge. He’s their son. – Edward? | -艾迪·休奎奇 他们的儿子 -艾迪 |
[38:42] | – Yeah. – Okay. Nope. | -是的 -好 不 |
[38:44] | – Nothing. – What do you mean, nothing? | -没有 -什么意思 没有 |
[38:47] | There’s gotta be something. Maybe it came later. | 肯定有 或许他比较晚来 |
[38:49] | Wait a minute. You’re talking about Eddie Shoebridge. His headstone? | 等等 你是说艾迪·休奎奇 他的墓碑 |
[38:53] | Yeah, that did come later. | 是的 他比较晚来 |
[38:54] | I think in, uh, ’65. | 我想是 嗯 65号 |
[38:58] | Sure, I remember that kid. | 是的 我记得那孩子 |
[39:00] | He wasrt too popular around here. Some say he set that fire himself… | 他在这里太受欢迎 有人说是他自己放的火 |
[39:04] | to get rid of his family, and then disappeared… | 为了摆脱他的家人然后消失 |
[39:06] | to make it look like he died in the fire too. | 使他看起来 像是也在大火中丧生 |
[39:09] | They never did find his body. | 他们从来没发现他的尸体 |
[39:11] | You mean, there’s no body in that grave? | 你是说没有尸体在他的坟墓中 |
[39:13] | Well, as I recollect, that’s why the local parson… | 嗯 我记得 这就是为什么当地的牧师 |
[39:16] | wouldn’t say any services for Eddie. | 没有为艾迪做任何事的原因 |
[39:18] | Well, Wasrt there a death certificate? | 没有死亡证明吗 |
[39:21] | I wouldn’t know about that. And I don’t need to know. | 我不知道 我也不需要知道 |
[39:25] | I’m just a businessman, Mr. McBride. | 我只是个生意人 麦克布莱先生 |
[39:28] | Ah, here it is. | 啊 在这儿 |
[39:32] | “Edward Shoebridge. Granite special. | “艾迪·休奎奇 特级花岗岩” |
[39:35] | “Ordered, November 12. | “11月12日订制” |
[39:38] | “Paid for, November 18, 1965. | “1965年11月18日支付” |
[39:41] | $395.” | “395美元” |
[39:45] | Now, that’s funny. It’s paid in cash. | 有趣的是 他以现金支付 |
[39:48] | – They don’t usually do that. – Who was it? | -他们通常不会这样做 -那是谁 |
[39:50] | I don’t know, Mr. McBride. | 我不知道 麦克布莱先生 |
[39:52] | I guess he didn’t want his name known. | 我猜他不想让人知道他的名字 |
[39:56] | Well, what do you mean, he? | 什么意思”他” |
[39:58] | – You just said he. – I did, didn’t I? | -你刚才说”他”-我有说吗 |
[40:04] | Well, you know, I seem to sort of remember… that it was a man. | 哦 你知道的 我依稀记得好像 是个男人 |
[40:10] | Yeah. A young fella. | 对了 年轻小伙子 |
[40:13] | Slightly bald. I’d say in his late twenties. | 微秃 我猜他20多岁 |
[40:18] | And did you see him again when you, uh… Put in the headstone? | 你有没有再见到他 嗯 安置墓碑的时候 |
[40:23] | We didn’t do that. He came by and picked it up himself. | 我们并没有这样做 是他自己来把墓碑带走的 |
[40:27] | Yes, I remember now. In one of those tow trucks. | 对 我想起来了 用一辆拖车 |
[40:30] | – You know, the kind that garages use? – Gotcha. | -你知道 那种拖车库的 -我知道 |
[40:39] | No, there is no death certificate here for Edward Shoebridge, | 不 这里没有 艾迪·休奎奇的死亡证明 |
[40:42] | only Harry J. Shoebridge and Sadie L. Shoebridge. | 只有哈利·休奎奇和 莎蒂·休奎奇的 |
[40:47] | That’s all you have? | 就只有这样 |
[40:50] | Well, there is this. | 哦 这里还有 |
[40:53] | It appears to be an application for a death certificate… | 似乎曾有人为艾迪·休奎奇 申请死亡证明书 |
[40:56] | for one Edward Shoebridge, dated November 4, 1965. | 日期是1965年11月4日 |
[41:02] | “Inasmuch as applicant could furnish no proof of death… | “由于申请人无提供任何死亡证据” |
[41:04] | “for party whose body had never been found, | “当事人的尸体一直未被寻获” |
[41:06] | “and who could supply no medical death certificate, | “没有提供医疗死亡证明书” |
[41:09] | “and nothing from the coroner’s office, the application was denied. | “亦没有法医检验 该申请被拒绝” |
[41:13] | “Applicant, when informed he could file a petition for court action, | “申请人接获通知后可到法院诉讼” |
[41:15] | declined the suggestion.” | “但拒绝了这项建议” |
[41:18] | Does it say who the applicant was? | 有说申请人是谁吗 |
[41:20] | Yes. “Request was made by Joseph P. Maloney, | 有”申请人乔森·马洛尼” |
[41:23] | 426 Main Street, Barlow Creek.” | “巴洛溪426大街” |
[41:26] | – Attagirl. Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -很好 谢谢你 -不客气 |
[42:43] | – Fill ‘er up? – Please. | -加满 -麻烦你 |
[42:57] | – You want to check under the hood? – If you would, please. | -你要检查引擎吗 -如果你可以 麻烦你 |
[43:10] | – Better be careful with those matches. – Oh. Right. | -小心火柴 -喔 好的 |
[43:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[43:20] | – This your place? – Yeah. | -这店是你开的 -是啊 |
[43:24] | Then you must be, uh, “J. Maloney.” | 那你一定就是 “J·马洛尼” |
[43:28] | Tell me, does that stand for, uh, John orJim? | 告诉我 这是代表 嗯 约翰·马洛尼 |
[43:33] | – Joe. – Right. | -乔森 -是的 |
[43:35] | Everything’s okay. | 一切正常 |
[43:43] | Funny, uh, you didn’t hardly need any gas. | 有趣 嗯 你几乎不需要任何油 |
[43:48] | Didrt need no oil… Guess you didn’t come here for the car, huh, mister? | 不需要加油 我猜你来这里不是为了车 先生 |
[43:51] | Could you get my windshield, please? | 你能帮我擦一下挡风玻璃吗 |
[43:53] | Don’t worry. | 没问题 |
[43:59] | You wouldn’t happen to know a guy by the name of Edward Shoebridge, would ya? | 你知道一个叫做 艾迪·休奎奇的人吗 |
[44:03] | Used to live around here. | 以前住在这一边 |
[44:08] | Name don’t ring no bell with me. | 这名字我没印象 |
[44:10] | What would you be wantir with this, uh, what’s his name, uh, Shoebridge? | 为什么你要问这个 嗯 他叫什么 休奎奇 |
[44:13] | Yeah. Legal matter. | 是啊 法律问题 |
[44:17] | – You a lawyer? – Yeah. | -你是律师 -对 |
[44:20] | Name’s McBride. Frank McBride. | 我叫麦克布莱 法兰克·麦克布莱 |
[44:23] | First time I ever talked to a lawyer didn’t cost me money. | 我第一次和不需要 我付钱的律师交谈 |
[44:27] | Actually, Mr. Maloney, by talking to me you could make yourself some money. | 实际上 马洛尼先生 和我交谈还能让你赚点钱 |
[44:32] | – Yeah? – I’m prepared to pay a reasonable sum of cash, | -是吗 -我愿意支付合理的现金 |
[44:36] | right now, for any information that could lead me to Eddie Shoebridge. | 立刻付 如果你能提供给我任何 艾迪·休奎奇的资讯 |
[44:41] | Where I come from, lawyers are usually bad news. | 我到任何地方 律师通常是带来坏消息 |
[44:44] | Oh, no. Not this time. This time they’re good news. | 喔 不 这次不是 这次会是个好消息 |
[44:47] | Matter of fact, I think that Eddie Shoebridge… | 事实上 我认为艾迪·休奎奇 |
[44:49] | would be delighted when he hears from me. | 会很高兴听到我带给他的消息 |
[44:51] | What are you gonna tell him? | 你要告诉他什么 |
[44:53] | Well, my client has asked me to keep that confidential. | 嗯 我的客户要求我保密 |
[44:57] | Who hired you to find this guy? | 谁聘请你去找这家伙 |
[45:01] | – That’s confidential also. – Sure like to help you, Mister… | -这也得保密 -我当然希望能帮你 先生 |
[45:04] | Business ain’t all that good around here. | 这里的生意并不太好 |
[45:07] | – I think you can help me. – Is that right? | -我想你能帮我 -是吗 |
[45:10] | Mm-hmm. See, people around here have been telling me that Eddie Shoebridge is dead. | 嗯 这里的人们告诉我 艾迪·休奎奇已经死了 |
[45:15] | Well, if he’s dead, looks like he ain’t gonna be hearir… | 如果他死了 看来他就听不到 |
[45:17] | all that good news you have to tell him, huh? | 你要告诉他的好消息了 嗯 |
[45:20] | I think he’s alive. | 我认为他还活着 |
[45:25] | Sure don’t keep this car very clean. | 看来这辆车不需要太干净了 |
[45:27] | You want to tell me why you put a headstone on an empty grave, Maloney? | 你能告诉我 为什么要在空坟上 安置墓碑吗 马洛尼 |
[45:31] | What headstone? | 什么墓碑 |
[45:33] | The one you paid $395 for back in 1965. | 一个你付了395美元买的 就在1965年 |
[45:41] | You owe me $2.47, mister. | 你欠我2 47美元 先生 |
[45:44] | Two weeks before that, | 两个星期前 |
[45:45] | you went to the county courthouse… | 你到县政府申请 |
[45:47] | and asked for a certificate of death for Edward Shoebridge, | 艾迪·休奎奇的死亡证明 |
[45:49] | and you were turned down. | 而且你被拒绝了 |
[45:54] | – You wanna give me your credit card? – No. | -你要用信用卡支付吗 -不 |
[45:57] | Credit cards are out. | 信用卡被停用了 |
[46:07] | Like you, I prefer to pay… in cash. | 跟你一样 我喜欢付 现金 |
[46:29] | Now, this one happens to be my personal favorite. | 这个是我个人最喜欢的 |
[46:34] | Isn’t it exquisite? | 是不是很高雅 |
[46:36] | Probably too expensive for me. | 对我来说太贵了 |
[46:39] | Can I help you, sir? | 我能帮你吗 先生 |
[46:48] | Excuse me. I’ll be right back. Uh, Mrs. Clay? | 抱歉 我马上回来 |
[46:52] | Would you take care of Mrs. Cunningham for a few moments? | 克莱儿女士 你能帮我 接待一下坎妮安女士吗 |
[46:55] | Certainly, Mr. Adamson. | 好的 亚当森先生 |
[47:00] | I’m afraid I rather like it. | 我担心我太过喜欢了 |
[47:05] | Hey, Eddie. You old son of a bitch. | 嘿 艾迪 你这狗娘养的 |
[47:08] | If it’s all the same to you, I prefer Arthur Adamson. | 如果对你来说都一样 我比较喜欢叫亚瑟·亚当森 |
[47:10] | Now what in the hell are you doing here? | 你来这里干嘛 |
[47:13] | Had to see you about something kind of urgent. That’s all, Eddie… Arthur. | 有要紧的事找你 就这样 艾迪 亚瑟 |
[47:17] | – Couldrt you have phoned me? – Some things you don’t put on no telephone. | -你就不能打电话给我吗 -有些事不能在电话里谈 |
[47:20] | Hey, uh, you got any booze around? | 嘿 你有酒吗 |
[47:31] | All right, Joseph. What is it this time? | 好吧 乔森 这次是什么事 |
[47:34] | New freezer for your wife? | 要买新的冰箱给你老婆 |
[47:38] | Mother needs another operation? Bookies threatened to kill you? What? | 老妈要做另一个手术 赌徒威胁要杀你 还是什么 |
[47:42] | Aw, come on, Eddie. You make me sound like some kind of sponger. | 嘿 艾迪 你把我说得好像寄生虫 |
[47:44] | Not that I ain’t grateful for all your favors. | 我不是不感激你的帮助 |
[47:46] | – Did I ever have a choice? – Okay, okay. Here it is. | -我有得选择吗 -好了 好了 就这样 |
[47:51] | First off, I gotta ask you a question. | 首先 我得问你一个问题 |
[47:54] | – Go ahead. – I’m tellir ya. No shit now, Eddie. | -问吧 -我问你 别废话 艾迪 |
[47:59] | Can you think of any reason why anyone would be sniffir around in your life… | 你能想到什么理由 这么多年后 |
[48:01] | after all these years? | 怎么会有人对你的生活感兴趣 |
[48:07] | I can’t think of any reason at all. Why? | 我想不出任何理由 怎么了 |
[48:11] | Well, there’s this guy comes around the garage today… | 今天有个家伙来到车厂 |
[48:13] | tryir to locate Eddie Shoebridge. | 探问艾迪·休奎奇 |
[48:17] | Claims he’s a lawyer, he’s got good news for ya. | 他自称是个律师 有个好消息带给你 |
[48:19] | Wort say what, or who he’s workir for. | 没说是什么事 为谁工作 |
[48:22] | Calls himself McBride. I know he’s a phony the minute I see him. | 只说他叫麦克布莱 我第一眼看到他就知道是说谎 |
[48:24] | – Police? – No way. He’s a real amateur. | -警察 -不 是业余的 |
[48:29] | I traced his license plates with the bureau… | 我追查他的车牌 |
[48:32] | Doesrt even drive his own car. | 也不是开他自己的车 |
[48:36] | “Blanche Tyler, 17 Castle Heights Road.” | “布兰琪·泰勒 城堡大道17号” |
[48:42] | – What did he look like? – He’s tall, thin, about 35. | -他长什么样子 -高瘦 大约35岁 |
[48:47] | He’s always got a pipe on. Asking a lot of smart-ass questions. | 他叼着一支烟斗 问许多自以为是的问题 |
[48:51] | – What’d you tell him? – Nothir. Not a goddamn thing. | -你告诉他什么了 -什么该死的都没说 |
[48:55] | I didn’t have to. He knew everything… | 我不需要说 他什么都知道 |
[48:57] | fake headstone you had me put up, | 你叫我帮你立的假墓碑 |
[48:59] | how I tried to get you officially declared dead. | 我如何试图帮你申请死亡证明 |
[49:02] | The son of a bitch says he thinks you’re still alive. | 那狗娘养的还说了 他认为你还活着 |
[49:05] | He’s lookir for you, Eddie. | 他在找你 艾迪 |
[49:08] | And any son of a bitch who’s lookir for you… | 任何一个狗娘养的想找到你 |
[49:10] | is lookir for me. | 就会找上我 |
[49:18] | Well, | 哦 |
[49:20] | whatever he’s up to, he won’t find me. | 无论他有什么行动 他不会找到我的 |
[49:24] | You worry too much, Joseph. | 你太过担心了 乔森 |
[49:26] | Yeah, I worry too much, because you only planned the fire, | 是呀 我太过担心 因为你只是策划放火 |
[49:30] | and locked your old man and old lady in the bedroom. | 把老先生和老太太锁在卧房里 |
[49:33] | – I poured the gasoline. I lit the rags. – And I thank you. | -是我淋汽油 我点燃抹布 -我很感谢你 |
[49:37] | The happiest day of my whole, inglorious childhood. | 那是我不光彩的童年当中 最快乐的一天 |
[49:41] | All right, you want to kid about it, it’s all right with me. | 好吧 你想继续当孩子 我有我的做法 |
[49:44] | – I’m gonna track this guy down. – And then what? | -我要跟踪这家伙 -然后呢 |
[49:49] | This. | 这个 |
[49:54] | – You’ll never change, will you? – You got no cause to complain. | -你永远不会改变 是吗 -你有没有理由抱怨 |
[49:58] | – When you needed me, I was always there, wasrt I? | 当你需要我 我总是在那里 |
[50:01] | – Look, put that thing away. | 听着 把那东西拿开 |
[50:04] | And listen to me. I want you to go back to Barlow Creek. | 听我说 我要你回巴洛溪 |
[50:07] | Do nothing, say nothing. | 什么都别做 什么都别说 |
[50:09] | Let me look into this matter in my own, quiet way. | 让我自己来解决这件事 用平静的方式 |
[50:14] | And if I need you for anything, I’ll contact you. | 如果我需要你 我会和你联络 |
[50:19] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[50:25] | You’re the boss, Arthur. | 你是老板 亚瑟 |
[50:27] | Isn’t it touching how… a perfect murder… | 这很感人不是吗 一个完美的谋杀 |
[50:31] | has kept our friendship alive all these years? | 使我们的友谊 这些年来一直维系着 |
[50:35] | You better believe it. | 你最好相信 |
[50:38] | I’m sorry to disturb you, Mr. Adamson. | 抱歉 打扰了 亚当森先生 |
[50:41] | There are two gentlemen here to see you, from the police department. | 有两位先生找您 从警局来的 |
[50:47] | Tell them I’ll be right out. | 告诉他们 我马上来 |
[50:49] | Jesus Christ, Eddie! | 老天 艾迪 |
[50:52] | Wait here. | 在这儿等着 |
[51:07] | – Arthur Adamson. What can I do for you gentlemen? – Sorry to bother you. | -我是亚瑟·亚当森 能为您效劳 -抱歉 打扰您 |
[51:11] | Andy Bush, Bureau of Inspectors, and this is Lieutenant Peterson. | 我是安迪·布希检察官 这位是彼得森副官 |
[51:15] | – Hi. – My pleasure. | -嗨 -我的荣幸 |
[51:17] | No doubt you’ve been reading, or hearing, about the Constantine kidnapping. | 毫无疑问 你一定读过或听说过 康斯坦丁绑架案 |
[51:21] | Well, I have a confession to make, Inspector. | 哦 我必须承认 检察官 |
[51:23] | When I heard of the size of that stone, my mouth watered. | 当我听到那宝石的大小 我都流口水了 |
[51:26] | Professionally speaking, of course. | 专业来说 |
[51:29] | Well, just so you don’t feel discriminated against, Mr. Adamson, | 希望你不要感到受歧视 亚当森先生 |
[51:33] | we’re routinely covering every gem dealer and jewelry store in the city. | 我们只是对城里的每个珠宝商 和银楼做例行性询问 |
[51:37] | Well, I’m flattered. | 哦 我受宠若惊 |
[51:40] | Have you, by any chance, noticed anything out of the ordinary, Mr. Adamson? | 你有许多机会去接触 有注意到什么不寻常吗 |
[51:45] | Any unusual movement of large… or small… | 有任何异常的大小宝石 |
[51:48] | stones into the markets these last few days? | 在过去几天流入市面 |
[51:51] | – Absolutely not. – I see. | -绝对没有 -我明白了 |
[51:54] | I take it that you’re going on the assumption… | 我认为你们可以假设这个 嗯 |
[51:56] | that this, uh, “ransom stone” has been cut up into smaller gems? | “赃物”已经被切割成较小的宝石 |
[51:59] | – That’s correct, sir. – It makes a lot of sense. | -有道理 先生 -这样更有销路 |
[52:02] | We think so. | 我们也是这么认为 |
[52:04] | If I may presume to make a suggestion, | 如果可以 恕我冒昧地提出一项建议 |
[52:07] | it seems to me you ought to be covering the antique and secondhand jewelry markets. | 在我看来 你们应该涵盖 古董商和二手珠宝市场 |
[52:11] | They buy from anyone, whereas we jewelers buy exclusively on the wholesale exchanges. | 他们从任何人那里购买 而我们只向专业珠宝批发商买货 |
[52:16] | – That’s already being done, Mr. Adamson. – Oh! | -我们已经这么做了 亚当森先生 -喔 |
[52:19] | I think we’ve taken up enough of Mr. Adamsors time. | 我认为我们已经占用 亚当森先生太多时间了 |
[52:23] | Well, I’m sorry I haven’t been able to be of more help to you. | 很抱歉 我没能给你们 太多的帮助 |
[52:26] | However, if I do hear of any unusual transactions in the marketplace, | 不过 如果我有听到任何 不寻常的市场交易 |
[52:31] | I’ll be sure and contact you. | 我一定会与您联系 |
[52:33] | – Yes, we’d appreciate that. Much obliged. – Take care. | -好的 不胜感激 再见 -保重 |
[52:37] | – Good-bye, sir. – Good day. And good luck! | -再见 先生 -祝你们好运 |
[52:57] | Mrs. Clay, close up as soon as you wish. I have some work to do in here. | 克莱儿女士 你可以关门了 我还有一些工作要做 |
[53:00] | I’ll let myself out the back way. | 我会从后门离开 |
[53:03] | – Good night. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[54:14] | – Your friend, Blanche Tyler, is a spiritualist. – A spiritualist? | -你的朋友布兰琪·泰勒是个灵媒 -灵媒 |
[54:18] | That’s what it says on her shingle. Also, there’s no one home. | 招牌上是这么写的 但没有人在家 |
[54:23] | A spirit is never at home. Get in. | 灵魂是永远不会在家的 上车 |
[54:31] | What do you think we should do? | 你认为我们该怎么办 |
[54:33] | We’ll wait. We still don’t know who the man is yet. | 我们等待 我们仍然不知道那男的是谁 |
[54:37] | – Must you? – Mm-hmm. | -非抽不可 -嗯哼 |
[54:50] | That must be her. | 那一定是她 |
[55:24] | That must be the fellow with the pipe who called on Maloney. | 那个叼着烟斗的 肯定就是去找马洛尼的人 |
[55:28] | A cab driver. | 一个计程车司机 |
[55:30] | Lumley. Lumley, what’s this? Where are ya goir? | 鲁尼 鲁尼 怎么回事 你要去哪儿 |
[55:32] | I’m going home to my own bed where I can get some sleep. | 我要回家躺在自己的床上 可以好好睡个觉 |
[55:35] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不会的 |
[55:37] | Blanche, is that all you’ve ever got on your mind? | 布兰琪 你不能每件事 都要顺着你的意 |
[55:40] | What are you saving it for, a rainy day? | 你留着要干嘛 未雨绸缪 |
[55:42] | Honey, you never know when you’re gonna need it. | 亲爱的 你永远不会知道 什么时候会需要它 |
[55:45] | You’re not being friendly, Lumley. | 你很不体贴 鲁尼 |
[55:47] | Blanche, I’m too pooped to pop. I’d be useless to you. | 布兰琪 我已经精疲力尽了 我对你是没利用价值的 |
[55:51] | You’re always useless to me! | 你对我总是毫无用处 |
[55:53] | You’re always pooping out when I need you! | 当我需要你时 你总是精疲力尽 |
[55:57] | we can collect a huge sum of money, You call that useless? | 我们可以赚一大笔钱 你说这是毫无用处 |
[56:00] | You know what I’m talking about. Come on in side and stop being difficult. | 你知道我在说什么 来 进屋吧 别吵了 |
[56:03] | Not tonight, Josephine. I’m outta here. | 今晚不行 我不会留在这儿 |
[56:05] | You’re a fink! | 你这个懒虫 |
[56:05] | If I’m a fink, you’re an ungrateful bitch. | 如果我是懒虫 你就是一个忘恩负义的婊子 |
[56:09] | – What about tomorrow? – What about it? | -那明天呢 -怎样 |
[56:12] | You’ve got important work to do. I want you to be sure about Eddie Shoe… | 你有重要的工作要做 我要你确认谁是艾迪·休奎 |
[56:15] | Talk to him! | 跟他说 |
[56:17] | How many times are you going to tell me that? | 你要告诉我多少次 |
[56:20] | How many times am I gonna have to tell you that tomorrow I have to work in my cab? | 我又要告诉你多少次 我明天的工作是开计程车 |
[56:25] | So it’ll wait till Sunday. | 所以要等到礼拜天 |
[56:44] | You better give me a quick synopsis. I’m confused. | 你最好给我一个简要 我一头雾水 |
[56:48] | Simple. A cab driver is shacked up… | 很简单 一个疲惫的计程车司机 |
[56:50] | with a sex-starved medium named Blanche Tyler. | 和一个性饥渴的灵媒 布兰琪·泰勒 |
[56:53] | Don’t ask me why, but apparently they’re on the trail… | 别问我为什么 但很显然 |
[56:55] | of some spook named Eddie Shoebridge. | 他们找到了艾迪·休奎奇的幽灵 |
[56:57] | Fortunately, not on the trail of your favorite kidnapper and mine. | 幸运的是 不是在追踪 你最喜欢的”赃物”和我 |
[57:02] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么能那么肯定 |
[57:04] | You did hear him talk about collecting a huge hunk of money. | 你也听到了 他们谈论到将赚一大笔钱 |
[57:07] | Couldrt that be the reward that’s on our heads? | 那报酬不是在我们头上 |
[57:09] | You got yourself a point there, Frances, old girl. | 你说到重点了 法兰西大姊 |
[57:12] | Only time will tell whether it’s any good. | 只有时间才能告诉我们 是好是坏 |
[57:15] | One thing’s certain. | 但有一件事是肯定的 |
[57:17] | We’re not going to change our game plan. Not now. | 我们不会改变我们的计划 不会是现在 |
[57:22] | Buy me a drink, Arthur. | 买瓶酒给我 亚瑟 |
[57:26] | A shiny car. | 一辆闪亮的车 |
[57:28] | A… limousine? | 一辆豪华轿车 |
[57:30] | Why does he drive so fast, Henry? | 他为什么要开得这么快 亨利 |
[57:33] | What’s that? On the seat beside him? | 那是什么 在他旁边座位上的 |
[57:36] | I hear the sound of a baby crying. Quick, Henry, before he disappears. | 我听到婴儿的哭声 快 亨利 在他消失前 |
[57:42] | Ask…Yes, I know. | 问他 是的 我明白 |
[57:45] | I…see him now. | 我 看到他了 |
[57:49] | The uniform. A chauffeur. | 穿着制服 一个司机 |
[57:53] | What? Henry, I need words. | 什么 亨利 我要听他说话 |
[57:56] | Who? The what? | 谁 什么 |
[57:58] | The Rainbird chauffeur? | 兰伯特家的司机 |
[58:01] | Good heavens. Old Michael O’Keefe, our chauffeur. | 天哪 老麦克·欧基夫 我们的司机 |
[58:05] | Where is Michael going? | 麦克要去哪里 |
[58:08] | Henry, ask him where he’s taking Harriet’s baby. | 亨利 问他把哈丽叶的婴儿 带去哪里 |
[58:12] | Oh, more pictures are coming in too fast. | 噢 有太多影像 闪得太快了 |
[58:15] | I can hardly make them out. | 我看不清楚 |
[58:18] | Henry, a graveyard, a headstone? | 亨利 墓地 一个墓碑 |
[58:21] | I don’t like this, Henry. | 我不喜欢这样 亨利 |
[58:23] | A shoe. Bridge. | 鞋子 桥 |
[58:26] | A shoe bridge? Oh, don’t do this to me, Henry. | 鞋子桥 噢 不要这样对我 亨利 |
[58:31] | – Speak to the chauffeur. – Oh, God, something’s burning. | -对司机说话 -噢 上帝 有东西在燃烧 |
[58:34] | The house. Quick, Henry. The house is on fire. | 是房子 快 亨利 房子着火了 |
[58:38] | Take me away from here. | 带我离开这里 |
[58:41] | I don’t want to see this. | 我不想看这些 |
[58:43] | I can’t bear the sound of their awful screaming. | 我受不了他们可怕的尖叫声 |
[58:46] | Go back to the chauffeur, Henry. Get Michael into our presence. | 回到司机那里 亨利 让麦克加入我们 |
[58:50] | Miss Rainbird remembers him. | 兰伯特女士记得他 |
[58:52] | Yes, I remember. | 是的 我记得 |
[58:55] | Madame Blanche, listen to me. | 布兰琪夫人 让我来说 |
[58:58] | Can you hear me? | 你能听到我吗 |
[59:02] | I’ve remembered something else that could be terribly important. | 我想起一件事 这非常重要 |
[59:06] | Wait one minute, Henry. Before you go, | 等一下 亨利 在你走之前 |
[59:09] | Miss Rainbird deserves some kind of assurance about Harriet’s child. | 兰伯特女士需要知道 哈丽叶孩子的情况 |
[59:13] | He’s a man by now, | 他现在是个大人了 |
[59:16] | and we have to know, is he happy, Henry? | 我们想知道他现在快乐吗 |
[59:20] | Is he alive and well and happy? | 他还活着吗 过得幸福吗 |
[59:25] | If you can’t, you can’t. | 如果你不能 |
[59:27] | I certainly can’t force you. | 我当然不能强迫你 |
[59:30] | Yes. Of course she’ll understand. | 是 当然 她会理解的 |
[59:34] | Until next time, then. Good-bye. | 直到下一次 那么 再见了 |
[59:38] | Good-bye, my love. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[59:44] | – What happened? – Don’t you remember? | -发生什么事 -难道你不记得了 |
[59:48] | – Not a blessed thing. – Oh, it doesn’t matter now. | -并不太愉快 -噢 没关系了 |
[59:52] | Listen, listen, Madame Blanche. | 听着 听着 布兰琪夫人 |
[59:55] | Your Henry jogged my memory of something I’d completely forgotten. | 你的亨利拾回了 我完全遗忘的记忆 |
[59:59] | When our poor old chauffeur, Mike, realized he was dying, | 当我们可怜的老司机麦克 意识到他即将死亡时 |
[1:00:03] | he wrote to me and said there was one person on earth… | 他写信给我 说世上有个人 |
[1:00:08] | who had promised that he’d make it his business… | 他许下承诺说 |
[1:00:11] | to know where Harriet’s son was as long as he lived. | 只要他还活着 就能够知道哈丽叶的儿子在哪儿 |
[1:00:15] | It was the parson who baptized the newborn baby. | 是个牧师 帮新生婴儿洗礼的 |
[1:00:20] | And there’s an additional thing I can tell you. | 还有一件事我要告诉你 |
[1:00:24] | Don’t tell me. Let me guess. | 别告诉我 让我猜猜看 |
[1:00:28] | – Five hundred. – Not a penny. Not even a hundred for expenses. | -500美元 -没钱 连100也没有 |
[1:00:31] | It’s all or nothing, George, | 这是全有或全无 乔治 |
[1:00:33] | until I can produce his name and his present address. | 直到我可以找出 他的名字和现在的住址 |
[1:00:36] | – Jesus, Blanche. – However, she gave me a marvelous clue. | -老天 布兰琪 -不过 她给了我一条重大线索 |
[1:00:40] | – Here we go again. – No, here you go again… | -我们又来了 -不 是你有得忙了 |
[1:00:43] | to the man who might tell you if Shoebridge is dead or alive. | 有一个人可以告诉你 休奎奇是生是死 |
[1:00:46] | – Who’s that? – Bishop Wood at St. Anselm’s Cathedral. | -那是谁 -圣安塞尔姆大教堂的伍德主教 |
[1:00:50] | – Holy Christ, Blanche. – No, George, not him. | -老天爷 布兰琪 -不 乔治 不是祂 |
[1:00:53] | Bishop Wood at St. Anselm’s Cathedral. | 是圣安塞尔姆大教堂的伍德主教 |
[1:00:56] | He was a parson once and he baptized the Shoebridge baby. | 他曾经是一个牧师 替婴儿时期的休奎奇受洗过 |
[1:01:48] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[1:01:54] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:01:56] | Do you know how I could, uh, make a date to see Bishop Wood? | 你知道我要怎样 才能约见伍德主教 |
[1:02:00] | If you want to make the appointment today, you’ll have to make it through the chaplain. | 如果你想今天约见 你必须先找牧师 |
[1:02:05] | Which one is the chaplain? | 哪一个是牧师 |
[1:02:08] | When the service is over, I’ll show you where to go. | 礼拜结束后 我会带你去的 |
[1:02:34] | Oh, dear. | 噢 亲爱的 |
[1:03:19] | You know he’s moving. You sure you gave him enough? | 你知道他还在动 你确定给他的用量足够 |
[1:03:22] | Just the usual dose. He looks so harmless. | 只是一般的剂量 他看起来无害 |
[1:03:26] | When I was a little kid living in that village, | 当我还是个孩子时 住在这个村庄 |
[1:03:29] | he always made me feel like I was something evil. | 他总是让我觉得 我是个邪恶的东西 |
[1:03:32] | – And look at me now. – I feel years younger. | -看看我现在 -我觉得年轻了几岁 |
[1:03:36] | You know, one more like this one today, and we’ll be naturally gray. | 你知道 多一个像这样的今天 我们将一脸土灰 |
[1:03:39] | It was an incredible job. I really think it’s won’th more than a million. | 这是一个令人难以置信的工作 我真的认为这超过100万 |
[1:03:43] | I’m sorry, darling, but I’m not going back… | 抱歉 亲爱的 但我可不想回去 重写我的赎金纸条 |
[1:03:46] | and rewrite my ransom note that I left in my prayer book. | 那将背离了我的祈祷书 |
[1:03:49] | You’ll have to be a good sport and settle for a million. | 你必须好好动一动 去解决这100万 |
[1:03:52] | You were beautiful, Fran. Just beautiful. | 你很漂亮 法兰 很漂亮 |
[1:03:54] | – I was scared. – I told you it’d be all right, didn’t I? | -我很害怕 -我告诉过你没问题的 不是吗 |
[1:03:58] | People in church are inibited. | 人们在教堂是很守礼节的 |
[1:04:01] | They don’t jump up and run around and make a lot of noise. | 他们不会跳起来乱跑 或是制造噪音 |
[1:04:04] | They’re all too religiously polite. | 他们都虔诚有礼 |
[1:04:06] | Shall we go on congratulating ourselves, or would you like to talk about him now? | 我们要继续自我陶醉 或是你想谈谈他呢 |
[1:04:10] | – Who? – “Who.” | -谁 -谁 |
[1:04:13] | The man with the pipe. | 那个叼着烟斗的男人 |
[1:04:16] | – So you saw him there, huh? – Larger than life. | -你看到他在那里 -如影随形 |
[1:04:20] | Larger than death, you mean. | 比死亡还难缠 |
[1:04:22] | There’s no doubt about who he’s after now. | 他现在追求的毫无疑问了 |
[1:04:24] | What were you planning to do about him, dear, | 你打算怎么处理他 亲爱的 |
[1:04:27] | besides just not telling me? | 除了不想告诉我的以外 |
[1:04:29] | I’m not planning to do anything about him. | 我不打算对他做任何事情 |
[1:04:33] | Joe Maloney’s been itching for that job. He’s got it. | 乔森·马洛尼渴望的那份工作 现在他得到了 |
[1:04:36] | I’ll phone him as soon as we put our guest in his quarters. | 我会打电话给他 等我把我们的客人安置好后 |
[1:04:40] | I was right about that silly cab driver. | 我说得对 那计程车司机真傻 |
[1:04:43] | For once in my life I hate being right. | 在我的生命里 这次我讨厌说对了 |
[1:04:46] | Well, how in the hell could he have known we were going to be there… | 他怎么会知道我们要去那里 |
[1:04:48] | when you and I are the only two people in the world who knew that? | 除了你和我 世上还有谁会知道 |
[1:04:51] | I’ve got a thought. | 我有一个想法 |
[1:04:53] | – It’s a dumb one. – Say it. | -就是有点愚蠢 -说吧 |
[1:04:55] | Do you believe in E.S.P.? | 你相信特异功能吗 |
[1:04:58] | Extra sensory perception, all that psychic phenomena? | 特异功能 超常的心灵现象 |
[1:05:01] | What do you mean? Madame What’s-her-name? | 什么意思 是说那个叫什么的夫人 |
[1:05:04] | Blanche Tyler. | 布兰琪·泰勒 |
[1:05:06] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[1:05:09] | You and I know that that’s off the wall, but, uh, can we afford to be wrong? | 你和我都知道这一面墙 但我们能犯错吗 |
[1:05:15] | I’m afraid our two quarrelsome lovers are going to have to share a fatal accident. | 恐怕我们的那对欢喜冤家 将会共同发生一起致命的事故 |
[1:05:20] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天啊 |
[1:05:23] | But Maloney wouldn’t be willing to do that, would he? | 但马洛尼不会这么做的 对吧 |
[1:05:25] | Of course he’d be willing. Gladly. | 当然 他会很乐意做的 |
[1:05:29] | He’d believe he was protecting himself and his old buddy. | 他会相信那是为了保护自己 和他的老伙伴 |
[1:05:33] | I don’t want to know about it. Okay? | 我不想知道 好吗 |
[1:05:36] | – Promise me, Arthur. – Come on, now, dear. | -答应我 亚瑟 -拜托 亲爱的 |
[1:05:39] | That’s what’s so exciting about all of this. | 这有什么好激动的 |
[1:05:43] | We move as one. Everything together. Nothing held back. | 我们同生共死 没有什么好退缩的 |
[1:06:18] | It was gross negligence, losing him that way. He was all we had. | 这是严重的疏失 就这样失去他 他是我们的所有 |
[1:06:22] | I didn’t lose him. He was kidnapped. | 我没有失去他 他只是被绑架 |
[1:06:27] | Why would anyone want to do that to a bishop? | 为什么会有人对主教干这种事 |
[1:06:30] | For the ransom, dummy. It’s a million dollars. | 为了赎金啊 傻瓜 那可是100万美元 |
[1:06:38] | I can’t get over it. You know, I was right there. | 我无能为力 你知道 我就在那儿 |
[1:06:41] | Tsk. Oh, forget about the million. What about out 10,000? | 噢 忘了那100万吧 我们的一万该怎么办 |
[1:06:48] | We’ve got nowhere to go now, Lumley. | 我们现在无路可走 鲁尼 |
[1:06:52] | What am I gonna tell Miss Rainbird? | 我该怎么告诉兰伯特女士 |
[1:06:55] | I suppose Henry and I are going to have to exhaust ourselves | 看来我和亨利又得费尽心力 |
[1:06:58] | again doing your work for you. | 来补原本该是你的工作 |
[1:07:00] | What d’ya mean, my work? My work is driving a goddamn cab, for Christ’s sake. | 什么意思 我的工作 我的工作是驾驶该死的计程车 |
[1:07:03] | And startir right this minute, that’s exact… | 看在上帝的分上 从这一分钟开始 做点正确的 |
[1:07:07] | – That’s exact what? Go ahead. – Answer the telephone. | -正确的什么 继续说 -接电话 |
[1:07:15] | Hello? Who? | 哈罗 谁 |
[1:07:18] | Mr. Maloney? | 马洛尼先生 |
[1:07:20] | Barlow Creek? Go ahead. | 巴洛溪 请继续 |
[1:07:23] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
[1:07:27] | Can you speak a little louder, Mr. Maloney? | 你能说大声一点吗 马洛尼先生 |
[1:07:29] | I said I traced you through the license plates on | 我说我透过你那律师朋友 |
[1:07:32] | that car your lawyer friend was driving. | 驾驶的车牌号码追查到你 |
[1:07:34] | I figured if you was still lookir for some dope on Eddie Shoebridge, | 我猜你仍然想寻找艾迪·休奎奇 |
[1:07:37] | – I might have somethir for you. – Oh. | -我可以给你一点情报 -哦 |
[1:07:39] | How come you changed your mind, Mr. Maloney? | 你为什么改变主意了 马洛尼先生 |
[1:07:42] | I didn’t say nothir to your man | 我没和你的人说 |
[1:07:44] | ’cause I felt it was none of my business and none of his, | 是因为我觉得不关我的事 |
[1:07:46] | but I been thinkir about it and how I could use the bread. | 但我一直在想 我可以因此赚点外快 |
[1:07:49] | So for a little consideration, I’m willing to lead you to someone… | 因此考虑过后 我愿意带你去见一个人 |
[1:07:52] | who knows Eddie Shoebridge’s wife. | 他认识艾迪·休奎奇的太太 |
[1:07:54] | It’ll cost you a grand. | 你得付一大笔钱 |
[1:07:57] | Oh, don’t be silly, Mr. Maloney. | 喔 别傻了 马洛尼先生 |
[1:07:59] | I have my lawyer right here beside me, | 我的律师就在我的身边 |
[1:08:02] | and he says he’ll give you $100 provided it leads to something. Make it two. | 他说愿意付你100美元 只要能找到人 |
[1:08:08] | Oh… All right. It’s a deal. | 喔 好吧 成交 |
[1:08:12] | – Where do we meet? – You and that lawyer friend of yours, | -我们在哪碰面 -你和你的律师朋友 |
[1:08:14] | you drive up and meet me at Abe and Mabel’s in two hours. | 你们开车来 两个小时后在梅布斯见面 |
[1:08:17] | – Abe and Mabel’s? – It’s a cafe up the road to Mt. Sherman, | -梅布斯 -是路边咖啡屋 在榭尔曼路上 |
[1:08:22] | about five miles off Route 22. You know where it is? | 进入22号公路后大约五英哩 你知道哪里吗 |
[1:08:26] | Yeah. Why so far away? Can’t we meet somewhere more convenient? | 知道 为什么到那么远 我们不能找个更方便的地方吗 |
[1:08:29] | This party I’m gonna take you to happens to be up in that area. | 我要带你去的派对就在那边 |
[1:08:33] | I see. Mr. Maloney, are you admitting Edward Shoebridge is still alive? | 我明白了 马洛尼先生 你肯定艾迪·休奎奇还活着 |
[1:08:37] | I ain’t sayir a thing till I see the color of your money, in two hours. | 两个小时后 我看到白花花的钞票再说 |
[1:08:44] | – What d’ya think? – Smells fishy to me. | -你怎么想 -我闻到鱼腥味 |
[1:08:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:08:48] | But even fish smells good when you’re starving to death. | 但是当你快饿死时 甚至鱼腥味都会觉得好 |
[1:08:52] | What have we got to lose? He’s the only clue left. | 我们会有什么损失 他是唯一的线索 |
[1:08:56] | You got $200 on you? | 你有200美元吗 |
[1:08:59] | You know me better than that. | 你比我更清楚 |
[1:09:01] | Of course not. Fix me another one of these. | 当然没有 再给我一个 |
[1:09:05] | You don’t need another one. You already got one. | 你不需要 你已经有一个了 |
[1:09:07] | We only got two hours to get there. | 我们只有两个小时去那里 |
[1:09:09] | – I’ll eat it in the car. – Come on. | -我要在车上吃 -走吧 |
[1:09:12] | You’re impossible. | 你真难应付 |
[1:10:48] | A couple of beers, please. | 两杯啤酒 麻烦 |
[1:10:55] | He must be late. | 他迟到了 |
[1:11:21] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:35] | You kids sit over there. | 孩子们 去坐那边 |
[1:11:45] | – How was Sunday school today? – Noisy. | -哦 今天周日的学校如何 -吵死了 |
[1:11:49] | – Five Cokes, please. – We didn’t make any noise. | -五瓶可乐 麻烦 -我们没有吵啊 |
[1:11:51] | That’s right. That’s why you’re here. | 这就对了 所以你才在这里 |
[1:12:19] | Don’t blame me. | 不要怪我 |
[1:12:21] | Did I say anything? | 我有说什么吗 |
[1:12:31] | – Hello. I’m sorry I’m late. – I’ll get you a chair. | -你好 抱歉 我迟到了 -我帮你搬张椅子 |
[1:12:34] | – That’s all right. I’ll sit over here. – I’ll join you. | -没关系 我坐这儿 -我和你坐一起 |
[1:12:45] | Look at that. Nice arrangement. | 瞧 好手段 |
[1:12:48] | Don’t be obscene, George. | 别下流了 乔治 |
[1:12:59] | Oh. | 喔 |
[1:13:01] | Thank you, my dear. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[1:13:08] | Just see that you keep you head screwed on straight, will you? | 让头脑保持清醒 好吗 |
[1:13:23] | He’s not coming. | 他不会来了 |
[1:14:41] | Well, that’s the end of that. | 噢 就这样结束了 |
[1:14:55] | George, what’s the big hurry? | 乔治 在急什么 |
[1:15:04] | Just slow down a little, will ya, please? | 开慢一点 好吗 |
[1:15:08] | I told you not to drive so fast, George! | 我说了别开那么快 乔治 |
[1:15:11] | I don’t know what’s wrong. The accelerator seems to be sticking. | 我不知道怎么回事 油门好像卡住了 |
[1:15:16] | George, for God’s sake, slow up, will ya? | 乔治 看在老天的份上 开慢点 好吗 |
[1:15:19] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[1:15:21] | My hamburger’s coming up. | 我的汉堡快要吐出来了 |
[1:15:23] | The accelerator… is stuck. | 油门 卡住了 |
[1:15:26] | Use the brakes! | 踩煞车 |
[1:15:31] | – They don’t work. – What? | -没反应 -什么 |
[1:15:34] | – The brakes don’t work. – What do you mean? | -煞车没反应 -什么意思 |
[1:15:42] | – George! – Come on, woman. Don’t grab me, for God’s sake! | -乔治 -拜托 别抓我 看在老天的份上 |
[1:15:45] | It’s not me. It’s the brakes don’t work. | 不是我 是煞车坏了 |
[1:15:48] | I’m getting violently ill, George. | 我快得心脏病了 乔治 |
[1:15:51] | – You’re chokir me, Blanche, for Christ’s sake! – George! | -你快让我窒息了 布兰琪 老天 -乔治 |
[1:15:55] | Do something! | 快想办法 |
[1:16:05] | Grab the brake! Reach down and pull the hand brake. | 拉手煞车 伸手拉手煞车 |
[1:16:09] | – Pull on it! – I am pulling! | -快拉 -我在拉了 |
[1:16:11] | Get your hands off the steering wheel. Pull on it! | 你的手别抓方向盘 快拉 |
[1:16:13] | – I am pulling. – Pull it. | -我在拉了 -快拉 |
[1:16:17] | Come on. | 快啊 |
[1:16:21] | Get your hand off the goddamn wheel! | 你的手别抓方向盘 该死的 |
[1:17:06] | I gotta get off this road. | 我得离开这条路 |
[1:17:12] | Blanche, just hang on. | 布兰琪 坚持住 |
[1:18:28] | Wasrt that fun? | 有趣吗 |
[1:18:31] | – Damn you, George Lumley! – What’s the matter with you? | -去你的 乔治·鲁尼 -你吃错药啦 |
[1:18:34] | – It was’t me. It’s Maloney. – He was’t driving! | -不是我 是马洛尼 -开车的不是他 |
[1:18:37] | Of course, but he screwed up the car and broke the brakes. | 那当然 是他对车动了手脚 弄坏了煞车 |
[1:18:40] | – Maloney? – Yes. | -马洛尼 -没错 |
[1:18:42] | You think it’s a coincidence, Blanche? | 你认为这是巧合 布兰琪 |
[1:18:45] | Huh? | 嗯 |
[1:18:50] | Your car… is gonna be out of commission for a couple days. | 你的车 可能要大修几天了 |
[1:18:54] | So let’s go find us another way to get home. | 我们想个办法回家吧 |
[1:18:59] | George. Are you all right? | 乔治 你没事吧 |
[1:19:02] | Mm-hmm. I think so. How about you? | 嗯 我想是吧 你呢 |
[1:19:06] | I’m okay. I’m sorry. | 我很好 对不起 |
[1:19:12] | – Do you really think Maloney wanted us dead? – Mm-hmm. | -你真的认为马洛尼要我们死 -嗯哼 |
[1:19:16] | Why, in the name of God, would anyone want to do that to us? | 为什么 老天 为何有人会想这样对我们 |
[1:19:22] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[1:19:24] | but you can bet is has something to do with your mysterious friend, Eddie Shoebridge. | 但可以打赌 肯定和你那个 神秘的朋友艾迪·休奎奇有关 |
[1:19:28] | Maloney’s probably got him buried in his backyard. | 或许马洛尼就把他埋在他家后院 |
[1:19:30] | Doesrt want us to find out. | 不希望被我们给找到 |
[1:20:02] | That way. | 那边 |
[1:20:41] | Hi there. Sorry I’m late. | 你好 抱歉 迟到了 |
[1:20:43] | Congratulations on the nice job you did on our car, Maloney. | 恭喜你对我们的车干的好事 做得很完美 马洛尼 |
[1:20:47] | What are you two doir standir in the middle of the road? | 为什么你们俩要站在路中间 |
[1:20:50] | You know perfectly well what we’re doing on the road, Maloney. | 你明知我们为何站在路上 马洛尼 |
[1:20:54] | You must be Blanche Tyler. Pleased to meet ya. Where’s your car? | 你一定就是布兰琪·泰勒 很高兴见到你 你的车子呢 |
[1:20:57] | Let’s just say it ain’t in runnir order, you know what I mean? | 这么说吧 它不太听话 你明白我的意思吧 |
[1:21:00] | Hop in. I’ll give ya a lift to the nearest station. | 上车 我载你们到最近的车站 |
[1:21:02] | No, thank you. We don’t ride in hearses. | 不 谢了 我们不坐灵车 |
[1:21:07] | You think I came up here for the fun of it? | 你以为我是来这里玩的 |
[1:21:09] | Then you want me to take you to this party that knows Eddie Shoebridge’s wife. | 是你要我带你去派对 那人认识艾迪·休奎奇的太太啊 |
[1:21:12] | Why don’t you just go ahead, uh, by yourself this time, Maloney. We’ll skip it. | 你为什么不继续前进 自己走吧 马洛尼 我们当没看到 |
[1:21:27] | He’s all charm. | 他真是迷人 |
[1:22:14] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[1:22:16] | That’s Maloney. He’s after us. | 是马洛尼 他跟着我们 |
[1:22:19] | Come on. | 快点 |
[1:22:31] | Hey, guys, let’s get the hell outta here. | 嘿 伙计们 我们快闪 |
[1:23:03] | We better get the police. | 我们最好通知警察 |
[1:23:07] | And lose our $10,000? | 然后损失我们的一万美元 |
[1:23:37] | May I be of some help to you, madam? | 我能帮你吗 夫人 |
[1:23:40] | – I’d like to see some bracelets. – Any particular kind? | -我想看一些手镯 -要特定款式吗 |
[1:23:44] | Do you have anything with turquoise, or perhaps pearls? | 你有绿宝石或珍珠的吗 |
[1:23:55] | – Anything wrong with our houseguest? – He’s fine. | -我们的客人还好吗 -他很好 |
[1:23:58] | I gave him a very nice lunch and a fresh bottle of wine. | 我给了他一顿丰盛的午餐 和一瓶新产的红酒 |
[1:24:03] | – Maybe one of these will appeal to you? – Are those seed pearls? | -或许这其中一条会吸引你 -这些是海洋珍珠 |
[1:24:07] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[1:24:12] | – What are you doing here? – These look like freshwater pearls. | -你来这里干嘛 -这些看起来像淡水珍珠 |
[1:24:18] | The message has come through on KFAG. | 有消息传来 |
[1:24:20] | They’ve located the stone we asked for. | 他们已经准备好 我们所提出的宝石了 |
[1:24:23] | In New York. Harry Winston. | 在纽约温士顿 |
[1:24:25] | Fifty-three carats. | 53克拉 |
[1:24:30] | These are very nice. How much are they? | 这些都很好 多少钱 |
[1:24:34] | $315, including tax. | 315美元 含税 |
[1:24:37] | When do we make the pickup? | 我们什么时候行动 |
[1:24:40] | Tomorrow night, 9:30. | 明晚9:30 |
[1:24:43] | Good. Now go on home. | 好的 现在回家吧 |
[1:24:46] | Would it be possible for you to set these aside… | 你能不能把这些先预留下来 |
[1:24:49] | so that I can bring in my husband and he can look at them? | 以便我可以带丈夫过来看看 |
[1:24:51] | Of course, madam. | 当然可以 夫人 |
[1:24:53] | Now for the bad news. | 还有一个坏消息 |
[1:24:57] | Take a look at this. | 看看这个 |
[1:25:15] | Incompetent bastard. He blew it. | 没用的废物 他搞砸了 |
[1:25:17] | Now we’ll have to eliminate these two ourselves. | 现在我们得自己去干掉他们 |
[1:25:21] | – Ourselves? – That’s right. | -我们 -没错 |
[1:25:24] | Tomorrow night, right after we return our guest. | 明晚 等我们把客人送走后 |
[1:25:29] | – I can’t. – You must. | -我不行 -你必须做 |
[1:25:34] | Remember: Share and share alike. | 记着 共谋等同于主谋 |
[1:25:38] | You stop it! Stop it! | 你别说了 别说了 |
[1:25:47] | – Decide on something? – That’ll be fine. | -决定了吗 -这个好 |
[1:25:49] | I’ll have it wrapped. | 我要这一个 |
[1:25:52] | But it was more than that, much more than that… | 但不仅如此 远远不止于此 |
[1:25:55] | that you left behind as your precious gift to life. | 你留下了生命中珍贵的礼物 |
[1:25:59] | Yes, Joseph Maloney, you were a generous man. | 是的 乔森·马洛尼 你是一个慷慨的人 |
[1:26:04] | You gave of your heart and soul. | 你献出了你的心和灵魂 |
[1:26:06] | You gave the very best that was in you, | 你献出了最好的你 |
[1:26:09] | and no more than that can be asked of mortal man on this earth. | 凡世上无人比你付出的更多 |
[1:26:13] | You loved your wife dearly. | 你深爱你的妻子 |
[1:26:16] | You bestowed upon your dear mother and father… | 你给予你亲爱的母亲和父亲 |
[1:26:19] | all the care, all the attention, | 所有的照料 所有的关心 |
[1:26:23] | patience and comfort that they needed… in the sunset of their lives. | 在他们的晚年 给予他们需要的耐心和安慰 |
[1:26:28] | And those of us who are left behind… | 我们这些留下的人们 |
[1:26:31] | to grieve for you, Joseph, | 为你而哀伤 乔森 |
[1:26:34] | can only bow to the divine judgement of our Lord, | 只能遵从上帝的决定 |
[1:26:38] | who has chosen to take you away from us… | 谁选择了带你远离我们 |
[1:26:41] | in this cruel accident. | 在一场残酷的意外 |
[1:26:45] | Oh, how great the holiness of our God. | 喔 神圣伟大的主啊 |
[1:26:48] | For He knoweth all things. | 祂拥有一切智慧 |
[1:26:51] | And there is not anything save He knows it. | 祂无所不知 |
[1:26:55] | And He cometh into the world… | 祂来到了这个世界 |
[1:26:58] | that He may save all men if they will harken unto His voice. | 祂可以拯救世人 如果他们能去倾听祂的声音 |
[1:27:04] | For behold, He suffered that the pains of all men. | 因为祂看到了世人遭受的痛苦 |
[1:27:08] | Yea, the pains of every living creature, | 是的 每一个活着的生命 都在遭受痛苦 |
[1:27:12] | both men, women and children… | 男人 女人和孩童 |
[1:27:28] | Can’t you leave me alone? | 你就不能让我独自一人吗 |
[1:27:31] | Isn’t it enough that you killed him? | 你杀了他还不够吗 |
[1:27:33] | That’s not so, Mrs. Maloney. It was the other way. | 并非如此 马洛尼太太 事情正好相反 |
[1:27:37] | You. You started it all coming here… | 是你 是你来这里之后 开始了一切 |
[1:27:40] | and messing in things that were none of your business. | 并且在你那交易中 把事情搞得一团糟 |
[1:27:43] | Now go away. Please! | 请走开 拜托 |
[1:27:45] | – Mrs. Maloney, I have to talk to you. – He’s dead and buried. | -马洛尼太太 我要和你谈谈 -他已经死了 埋葬了 |
[1:27:48] | – There’s nothing to talk about. – Why didn’t he want me… | -没有什么可谈的 -他为什么不想要我 |
[1:27:50] | – Iooking for Eddie Shoebridge? – I am not listening to you. | -寻找艾迪·休奎奇 -我不想听你说话 |
[1:27:53] | – Get away from me! – Mrs. Maloney, your husband tried to kill me, | -离开我 -马洛尼太太 你丈夫要杀我 |
[1:27:55] | – and you were in on it, werert you? – No. | -你也有份 是吗 -不 |
[1:27:58] | – Then why are you always running away from me? Is that why? – No. | -那为何总是逃避我 那就是原因 -不 |
[1:28:01] | Do you realize that you are an accessory to an attempted murder? | 你知道你是企图谋杀的共犯吗 |
[1:28:05] | – I had nothing to do with that. – Perhaps the police would think that you did. | -与我无关 -也许警方会认为你也有份 |
[1:28:10] | – You want me to go to the police about it? – For God’s sake. | -你要我去跟警察说吗 -看在老天的份上 |
[1:28:13] | – You wouldn’t do that… – Just tell me where is Eddie Shoebridge? | -你不会那样 -告诉我艾迪·休奎奇在哪儿 |
[1:28:18] | – I can’t. – Mrs. Maloney, where is he? Please tell me. | -我不能 -马洛尼太太 他在哪 请告诉我 |
[1:28:25] | There is no Eddie Shoebridge. | 没有艾迪·休奎奇 |
[1:28:29] | He went up in smoke 25 years ago and came down in the city. | 他如烟雾般25年前来到这都市 |
[1:28:34] | He calls himself Arthur Adamson. | 他自称亚瑟·亚当森 |
[1:28:39] | Arthur Adamson? | 亚瑟·亚当森 |
[1:28:44] | If he finds out I told you, he’ll kill me. | 如果他发现我告诉了你 他会杀了我 |
[1:28:46] | Now go away, and don’t ever come near me again. | 走开吧 别再靠近我了 |
[1:28:54] | Fake! Fake! | 骗子 骗子 |
[1:29:11] | Wait a second, now. You’re the one that’s exaggerating. | 等等 你这是在夸大 |
[1:29:14] | No, I’ll give you two or three days maybe I missed, but never more than that. | 不 不 我是失踪了两三天 但不可能更多了 |
[1:29:18] | – Tell him it’s deeply important. – Shh! | -告诉他这非常重要 -嘘 |
[1:29:21] | – Stand up. – Why me? | -硬起来 -为何是我 |
[1:29:24] | What makes you think that it’s me that ran up all the extra mileage? | 是什么使你认为是我跑超过里程 |
[1:29:27] | What about that little asshole, Herbie, or, uh, Al, the one on the day shift? | 那些家伙如何 贺比或艾尔 值日班的人 |
[1:29:32] | I understand. I’ll be there. | 我明白了 我会去的 |
[1:29:36] | Yes, I promise I’ll be there. | 是 我保证我会过去 |
[1:29:42] | The answer’s no. | 答案是不行 |
[1:29:44] | He says I must work the shift, and I must work it tonight. | 他说我必须轮班 并且我今晚就要上工 |
[1:29:48] | And do me a favor, Blanche. | 帮我个忙 布兰琪 |
[1:29:50] | Please don’t give me a hard time. | 拜托别再给我制造麻烦 |
[1:29:52] | You didn’t put up much of a fight. | 你没有全力去抗争 |
[1:29:54] | Honey, look. After all the goofir off I’ve been doir on your behalf, | 亲爱的 听着 我一直消磨时间在帮你 |
[1:29:58] | I’m within a gnat’s eyelash of losir my cab | 我差点就要失去我的驾驶座 |
[1:30:02] | and gettir kicked right out of the company. | 被踢出公司了 |
[1:30:03] | Lumley, you’re thick! You won’t have to drive a cab… | 鲁尼 你真傻 你不需要开计程车 |
[1:30:06] | if you can get this thing over and done with and collect the money. | 如果你能把这件事办好 就能拿到钱啊 |
[1:30:09] | “If,” darling. You’re always givir me ifs. | “如果”亲爱的 你总是对我说如果 |
[1:30:11] | I can’t eat ifs and neither can you, | 我不能靠如果吃饭 你也不能 |
[1:30:13] | while Julia Rainbird and you are waltzir around in the great beyond. | 朱莉亚·兰伯特和你之间的 华尔滋太过遥远了 |
[1:30:17] | Come on, sweetheart. The least I can do is show up for work every now and then. | 拜托 亲爱的 我该做的就是回去工作 |
[1:30:20] | After all, didn’t I give you the guy’s name? | 至少 我不是已经给你 那家伙的名字了吗 |
[1:30:22] | But the phone book is full of Arthur Adamsons. | 但是电话簿里满满的都是 亚瑟·亚当森 |
[1:30:24] | It’s very simple. All you need to do is find out the right one. | 这很简单 你要做的 就是找出正确的那一个 |
[1:30:28] | That’s a snap. The one that’s close to 40 years old… | 那很容易 一个大约40岁 |
[1:30:31] | and trembles a little bit at the name Eddie Shoebridge. | 听到艾迪·休奎奇这名字 就会颤抖的家伙 |
[1:30:33] | – Easy. We do that tomorrow. – Now would be much better. | -简单 我们明天来做 -现在做会更好 |
[1:30:36] | A bird in the hand, Lumley. Please. Oh, sweetheart. | 食物就要到手了 鲁尼 拜托你 亲爱的 |
[1:30:40] | The only bird that’s gonna be in my hand… | 唯一的食物是在我的手上 |
[1:30:42] | and I’m very sorry to say this… | 我必须遗憾地说 |
[1:30:44] | is a steering wheel from 4:00 to midnight. | 四点至午夜我必须开车 |
[1:30:48] | Sure. Why should I get a kiss? | 好吧 我何时才能得到一个吻 |
[1:30:51] | Just when I was beginning to think you werert impossible. | 当我开始认为 你不再难以忍受的时候 |
[1:30:53] | Maybe I’ll do it without you. | 也许没有你我也能做到 |
[1:30:55] | The hell you will! | 绝不可能 |
[1:30:57] | Come on, now. Please. | 来吧 布兰琪 拜托 |
[1:30:59] | This Shoebridge fellow’s gone to a lot of trouble not to be found. | 这个休奎奇惹了许多麻烦 不想被发现 |
[1:31:03] | Now you got no idea what kind of trouble you could get into. | 如今你不知道会被卷入 什么麻烦当中 |
[1:31:06] | Whatever it is, he’ll forget about it… | 不管是什么 他会忘了那些事的 |
[1:31:09] | when he hears about the millions he’s coming into. | 当他听到他将获得数百万时 |
[1:31:11] | Oh, Blanche, come on. | 噢 布兰琪 拜托 |
[1:31:13] | Just sit down on your pretty little… behind. | 坐下吧 你漂亮的小 屁股 |
[1:31:18] | And I must say, it is quite an… | 我得说 这很 |
[1:31:20] | No, it is. Very attractive little behind. | 不 这是很吸引人的小屁股 |
[1:31:23] | Just wait for me, okay? | 等我 好吗 |
[1:31:25] | And tonight when I get home, we will, uh… | 今晚我回到家 我们会 |
[1:31:29] | Right. Very nice. Plot our strategy. | 很好 好好地商量我们的策略 |
[1:31:33] | Know what I mean, darlir? | 明白我的意思吗 亲爱的 |
[1:31:50] | Who needs him. | 谁需要他 |
[1:32:03] | You wouldn’t be Arthur Adamson, would you? | 你不会是亚瑟·亚当森 对吧 |
[1:32:07] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[1:32:14] | Excuse me! | 抱歉 |
[1:32:19] | Hello. Are you Arthur Adamson? | 哈罗 你是亚瑟·亚当森 |
[1:32:22] | Hey, Art! | 嘿 亚瑟 |
[1:32:25] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[1:32:53] | I’m sorry. We’re just closing. | 对不起 我们打烊了 |
[1:32:55] | I understand. I’m not shopping. Is Mr. Adamson around? | 我知道 我不是要购物 请问亚当森先生在吗 |
[1:32:59] | – I’m afraid not. But if you come back tomorrow… – All right. | -不 他不在 但你可以明天再来 -好的 |
[1:33:04] | But just to be sure I have the right Mr. Adamson, | 但是为了确认是我要找的 亚当森先生 |
[1:33:07] | – he is a gentleman of about 40, I trust? – Yes, that’s about right. | -我猜他是一位年约40岁的绅士 -是的 没错 |
[1:33:11] | Oh, that’s the first encouraging news I’ve had all afternoon. | 噢 整个下午以来 这是第一个令人鼓舞的消息 |
[1:33:14] | Isn’t there someplace I might reach him without delay? | 为了不耽误时间 我到哪里能找到他 |
[1:33:17] | – You mean tonight? – Yes. | -你是说今晚 -是的 |
[1:33:19] | Well, he usually goes directly home from here. | 他平常都会直接从这里回家 |
[1:33:23] | But tonight would be very bad because I believe he’s giving a party. | 但今晚很不幸 因为我想他今天要开个派对 |
[1:33:26] | I know he left unusually early for some such reason. | 我知道他今天提早离开 是为了这个原因 |
[1:33:29] | Isn’t there something I can tell him for you in the morning? | 是不是有什么我可以帮你转达的 在明天早上 |
[1:33:32] | – This is personal. Rather personal. – Oh, I see. | -这是私人事情 相当私人 -喔 我明白了 |
[1:33:36] | Perhaps you’d like to leave him a note. | 或是你想留个字条给他 |
[1:33:39] | – A note? Very good. – Yes. Come this way. | -字条 是的 -好的 请这边走 |
[1:33:43] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[1:33:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:34:03] | Is anything the matter? | 有什么问题吗 |
[1:34:05] | Uh, I was, uh, just thinking. | 嗯 我只是在想 |
[1:34:08] | Instead of leaving this note here, | 与其留字条在这里 |
[1:34:11] | it might be better if I sent Mr. Adamson a telegram tonight. | 不如这样会更好 我今晚 就发个电报给亚当森先生 |
[1:34:15] | – What’s his address, please? – Well, I don’t… | -能告诉我他的地址吗 -呃 我不能 |
[1:34:18] | It’s all right. We’re friends. | 没关系的 我们是朋友 |
[1:34:22] | – 1001 Franklin Street. – 1001 Franklin. | -富兰克林街1001号 -富兰克林街1001号 |
[1:34:24] | Thank you very much. You’ve been very kind. | 非常感谢你 你真是亲切 |
[1:34:30] | You’re a Capricorn, aren’t you? | 你是摩羯座的吗 |
[1:34:32] | No, I’m a Leo. | 不 我是狮子座 |
[1:34:35] | That’s what I thought. | 我想也是 |
[1:34:54] | – Pete, hi. – Hello, there, Blanche, baby. | -皮特 嗨 -哈罗 布兰琪宝贝 |
[1:34:56] | – Have you seen George? – He just left a few minutes ago, but he’ll be back. | -你有看到乔治吗 -他几分钟前刚离开 很快会回来 |
[1:35:00] | Took a party of four out to River Valley. | 送四个人到河谷参加派对 |
[1:35:02] | Oh, dear. That could take all night. | 喔 亲爱的 那可能要通宵 |
[1:35:04] | Easily. What’s up? | 放轻松 有什么事吗 |
[1:35:05] | – Would you give him a message for me? – Sure thing. | -你能帮我传个话给他吗 -当然可以 |
[1:35:08] | – Just tell him I found him. – You found him? | -告诉他说我找到他了 -你找到他 |
[1:35:10] | That’s right. He lives at 1001 Franklin. | 没错 他住在富兰克林1001号 |
[1:35:13] | 1001 Franklin. | 富兰克林1001号 |
[1:35:15] | That’s where he lives, and that’s where I’m going now. | 那就是他的住所 而我现在就要过去 |
[1:35:17] | You found him, and that’s where he lives, and that’s where you’re going now. | 你找到他了 那就是他的住所 并且你现在就要过去 |
[1:35:20] | – Thanks, Pete. – Any time, Blanche. | -谢谢 皮特 -随时候劳 布兰琪 |
[1:35:32] | You wanna go over the new pickup spot once again? | 你要去踩点了 |
[1:35:35] | I know it by heart. | 我记在心里 |
[1:35:37] | Are you all right? | 你没问题吧 |
[1:35:40] | – I will be. – You sure? | -我没问题 -你确定 |
[1:35:47] | Have to be there at 9:30. Let’s get going. | 必须在9:30前到达 我们走吧 |
[1:36:28] | Bishop Wood, it’s time to go. | 伍德主教 该走了 |
[1:36:31] | Have you your vestments on? | 你有穿上你的法衣吗 |
[1:36:33] | Yes, but I haven’t finished the chicken. | 是的 但我还没吃完鸡 |
[1:36:38] | I’m sorry, Your Excellency. | 对不起 阁下 |
[1:36:41] | Here’s what I want you to do. | 我要你照以下说的做 |
[1:36:43] | Place the armchair in the center of the room… | 请把椅子放在房间中央 |
[1:36:46] | facing away from the door and seat yourself in it. | 背对着门 坐在椅子上 |
[1:36:50] | You’re going to be comfortably put to sleep. | 你会睡得很安稳 |
[1:36:53] | But it’ll last only for a short while. | 只是一小段时间 |
[1:36:57] | Thank you very much. You are most considerate. | 非常感谢你 你想得真周到 |
[1:37:02] | Let me know when you’re ready. | 当你准备好后 让我知道 |
[1:37:04] | By the way. I haven’t quite finished that book… | 顺便说一下 我还没看完那本书 |
[1:37:08] | you were kind enough to let me have. | 你让我看书真好 |
[1:37:10] | May I, uh, take it along? | 我想 能让我带走吗 |
[1:37:15] | With our fingerprints on it? Tsk, tsk, tsk. | 好带走我们的指纹 |
[1:37:18] | Nice try, Your Excellency. | 不错的尝试 阁下 |
[1:37:21] | Thank you. Don’t bother, then. I’m ready. | 谢谢 不烦你了 我准备好了 |
[1:37:26] | All right, I’ll be turning your light off now. | 好的 我会把你的灯熄灭 |
[1:37:55] | We mustrt be late. See who it is, and be careful. | 我们不能迟到 看看是谁 小心点 |
[1:38:29] | It’s her. That woman. Blanche Tyler. | 是她 那个女人 布兰琪·泰勒 |
[1:38:32] | This is incredible! | 简直难以置信 |
[1:38:36] | – Is that cab driver with her? – She’s alone. | -计程车司机和她在一起 -只有她 |
[1:38:41] | If I didn’t have to make this pickup in 35 minutes… | 如果我不是要在35分钟内办事 |
[1:38:44] | What are we going to do? | 我们应该怎么做 |
[1:38:47] | Nothing! | 什么也别做 |
[1:38:49] | Until later tonight. | 等一会儿 |
[1:39:04] | – She’s gone. – Come on. Let’s go. | -她不见了 -快点 走吧 |
[1:39:07] | Hurry, hurry, hurry! | 快 快 快 |
[1:40:25] | – I thought you said… – I know. | -我想你说过 -我知道 |
[1:40:28] | – Mr. Adamson? – Watch him. | -亚当森先生 -看着他 |
[1:40:38] | Oh, Mr. Adamson. How lucky I am not to have missed you. | 喔 亚当森先生 真幸运 我没有错过你 |
[1:40:42] | – Apparently you didn’t hear me at the front door. – Apparently. | -显然你没有听到我在前门按铃 -显然是 |
[1:40:45] | I am Madame Blanche Tyler, the spiritualist. | 我叫布兰琪·泰勒 是个通灵师 |
[1:40:49] | Good evening, honey. | 晚安 甜心 |
[1:40:51] | Madame Blanche, I wonder if I might suggest to you to remove | 布兰琪女士 我能麻烦你 |
[1:40:53] | your car from our driveway. | 把你的车移开我们的车道吗 |
[1:40:55] | – We’re terribly late for an appointment. – Well, yes. | -我们约会快迟到了 -喔 是的 |
[1:40:58] | When you hear why I’ve come, Mr. Adamson… Or should I say Shoebridge? | 当你听到我来的原因 亚当森先生 或者该称呼休奎奇 |
[1:41:02] | – You won’t mind being late at all. – My dear lady, | -你就不会介意迟到了 -我亲爱的女士 |
[1:41:05] | – I know exactly why you’ve come here. – How could you? | -我很清楚你来的原因 -你怎么知道的 |
[1:41:07] | – And exactly why you and your friend, that cab driver… – You know George? | -你和你的朋友 那个计程车司机 -你认识乔治 |
[1:41:10] | Have been sniffing along my trail like two eager bloodhounds these past few weeks. | 过去几个星期以来一直在追查我 就好像两条嗜血的猎犬 |
[1:41:16] | I had no idea, Mr. Adamson. | 我没有这样想 亚当森先生 |
[1:41:18] | – All right, Madame Blanche, you found me. – Music to my ears. | -好吧 布兰琪女士 你找到我了 -真是好极了 |
[1:41:21] | I’m perfectly willing to listen to your demands, | 我非常愿意听取你的要求 |
[1:41:24] | whatever they might be, but not right now. | 不论是什么 但不是现在 |
[1:41:26] | No demands, Mr. Adamson. Oh, no, no, no! | 没有要求 亚当森先生 噢 不 不 不 |
[1:41:29] | Hardly that. Julia Rainbird wants nothing from you… | 是几乎没有 朱莉亚·兰伯特 不会向你要求什么 |
[1:41:33] | but the privilege of making you heir to the entire Rainbird fortune. | 但是你必须做她的继承人 继承所有兰伯特家的财富 |
[1:41:38] | The whole, lovely millions and millions of it. | 所有的 动人的数百万美元 |
[1:41:40] | Now if she made any demands at all, they were on me to find you. | 如果她有提出任何要求 那就是要我找到你 |
[1:41:44] | Through psychic means, of course. | 透过通灵的手段 那是当然的 |
[1:41:47] | Let me get this straight. | 让我搞清楚一下 |
[1:41:49] | Is that the only reason you and your friend have been, shall we say, investigating me? | 这就是你和 你的朋友一直追查我的原因 |
[1:41:52] | Oh, yes. And don’t think it’s been easy. | 喔 是的 不要以为这很容易 |
[1:41:55] | Oh, Mr. Adamson, you’ve given George and me the devil’s own time of it. | 噢 亚当森先生 你给了我和乔治魔鬼般的考验 |
[1:41:58] | Tracing you from a foundling baby… | 追踪打从你婴儿时期被遗弃开始 |
[1:42:01] | to a young boy named Shoebridge to a man named Adamson. | 一直到叫做休奎奇的青年 然后是叫做亚当森的男士 |
[1:42:06] | Oh, but, Mr. Adamson, here you are, : Here I am. | 噢 但是 亚当森先生 你就在这里 我也在这里 |
[1:42:08] | It’s a happy moment for us all, isn’t it? | 这对我们来说 真是快乐的时刻 不是吗 |
[1:42:12] | It’s the Bishop. | 是主教 |
[1:42:26] | Does anyone know that you’ve come here? | 有谁知道你来这里 |
[1:42:30] | No one know… | 没有人知道 |
[1:42:32] | Anyone kn-know? | 有谁会知道 |
[1:42:35] | No. Not a soul. | 不 连灵魂也没有 |
[1:42:39] | Not even George soul. | 即使是乔治的灵魂 |
[1:42:42] | You have nothing to worry about, Mr. Adamson. | 你没有什么好担心的 亚当森先生 |
[1:42:47] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:42:52] | I won’t breathe a word… to anyone. | 我不会吐露半个字 给任何人 |
[1:43:15] | It looks like Miss Tyler needs some rest. | 看来布兰琪·泰勒女士 需要休息一下 |
[1:43:23] | Will you do as I say? | 你不听我的话 |
[1:43:43] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[1:44:29] | Unlock the door. | 打开门 |
[1:44:38] | Cheer up, Fran. | 高兴一点 法兰 |
[1:44:40] | Let’s go get the new diamond for our chandelier. | 让我们去取新的钻石 来装饰我们的吊灯吧 |
[1:45:08] | Wow. It’s gorgeous. | 哇 真是漂亮 |
[1:45:22] | And now for Madame Blanche. | 现在轮到布兰琪女士了 |
[1:50:45] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天 |
[1:51:32] | Blanche? | 布兰琪 |
[1:51:45] | Blanche? | 布兰琪 |
[1:51:55] | Blanche? | 布兰琪 |
[1:52:26] | If I’m talking too much, perhaps it’s because you’re not talking. | 如果我说得太多 也许是因为你不说话 |
[1:52:31] | It’s my stomach, Arthur. Murder doesn’t agree with it. | 我胃痛 亚瑟 它不同意谋杀 |
[1:52:34] | You think I’m looking forward to it? | 你以为我很期待 |
[1:52:36] | If Joe Maloney had been more efficient, they’d both be dead by now. | 如果乔森·马洛尼能干一点 他们现在早就都死了 |
[1:52:41] | You can have my share, Arthur. | 你可以拿走我的那一份 亚瑟 |
[1:52:44] | You can keep both diamonds all to yourself if you’ll just end it. | 你可以把两颗钻石都占为己有 只要你能结束一切 |
[1:52:49] | I’ll tell you what I’ll do. | 我会告诉你该怎么做 |
[1:52:52] | If you help me carry Sleeping Beauty up out of the cellar, load her into our car… | 如果你帮我把这个睡美人 从地窖搬到我们的车上 |
[1:52:55] | and drive her out to some deserted road where a suicide can take place, | 开车送她去荒芜的公路 那些可以自杀的地方 |
[1:53:00] | I promise you we’ll talk this thing over. | 我向你保证 我们可以来讨论这件事 |
[1:53:03] | – Okay? – What about the cab driver? | -好吗 -计程车司机怎么办 |
[1:53:06] | If she was able to find us, I’m sure he can too. | 如果她能找到我们 我相信他也可以 |
[1:53:11] | – He’ll walk right into our hands. – Your hands, not mine. | -他逃不出我们的手掌心 -是你的手 不是我的 |
[1:53:15] | Don’t you think we ought to go down and take a look at her? | 你不觉得我们 应该下去看一看她吗 |
[1:53:18] | It’s been a while since we gave her that shot. | 自从我们给她注射以来 已经有一段时间了 |
[1:53:20] | – You do it. – Okay. | -你去 -好吧 |
[1:54:37] | You’ll be happy to know she’s still unconscious. | 你会很高兴知道她仍然昏迷着 |
[1:55:03] | – Blanche. – Shh! | -布兰琪 -嘘 |
[1:55:31] | I’ll put this end into her exhaust pipe… | 我会这样结束 把管子的一端 |
[1:55:34] | and the other end in the window. | 接到排气管 另一端放在车窗中 |
[1:55:37] | That way, it’ll look like suicide. | 这样看来就像是自杀 |
[1:56:15] | Better go and get her now. | 最好现在就去把她带过来 |
[1:56:17] | I’ll take her in our car. You follow in hers. | 我要把她放在我们车里 你开她的 |
[1:56:33] | You take hold of her feet. | 你抓住她的双脚 |
[1:56:40] | Jesus, she’s heavy. | 老天 她还真重 |
[1:56:45] | George! | 乔治 |
[1:56:48] | Got ’em. | 抓到他们了 |
[1:56:54] | Blanche, you faked that one beautifully. | 布兰琪 你演的太好了 |
[1:56:56] | You are still the champ. | 你仍然是冠军 |
[1:56:59] | Thank you, George. | 谢谢 乔治 |
[1:57:02] | Do you realize how much the reward is for those two? | 你知道这两个的赏金值多少吗 |
[1:57:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:57:09] | But do you realize how much more the reward would be… | 但是你知道 如果我们能够 |
[1:57:13] | if we could find the diamonds and turn ’em in? | 找到钻石 还会有多少奖励吗 |
[1:57:22] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[1:57:25] | I… | 我 |
[1:57:27] | Blanche, what’s the matter? | 布兰琪 怎么回事 |
[1:57:40] | Blanche, what’s the matter? | 布兰琪 怎么回事 |
[1:57:56] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[1:58:29] | Blanche, you did it! | 布兰琪 你办到了 |
[1:58:31] | You are psychic! | 你真是个通灵师 |
[1:58:35] | – What am I doing here on the stairs? – You’re not a fake. | -我们在楼梯上干嘛 -你不再是假的 |
[1:58:38] | You actually found one. Look. | 你真的找到了一个 瞧 |
[1:58:41] | I did? | 我找到的 |
[1:58:43] | I’ll get the police on the phone and give them our good news, | 我要打电话给警察 告诉他们好消息 |
[1:58:46] | and call Miss Rainbird and give her the bad. | 还要通知兰伯特女士 告诉她坏消息 |
[1:58:56] | Operator, can I have the police? | 接线生 能帮我接通警察局吗 |