时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | I’m going now. | 我要走了 |
[00:03] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:07] | Okay, bye. | 好吧 再见 |
[00:10] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[00:32] | Nicholas? | 尼古拉斯 |
[00:33] | What are you doing down there? | 你一个人在那干什么呢 |
[00:35] | I, just, um… | 我就是… |
[00:36] | Sittin’ on the floor. That’s what I do. | 坐在地上 我就是坐着 |
[00:38] | I’m a floor-sitter now. | 我是个坐地板的人 |
[00:40] | Have you seen Alex? | 你看到艾利克斯了吗 |
[00:41] | I need help lifting the table. | 我需要他帮忙搬桌子 |
[00:43] | No, Alex left. | 没有 艾利克斯走了 |
[00:44] | He dumped me actually, yep. | 其实他把我甩了 |
[00:47] | He broke up with you? | 他跟你分手了吗 |
[00:49] | Yeah. | 对 |
[00:52] | Why on Earth would he do something like that | 他究竟为什么要对善良的你 |
[00:53] | to someone as decent as you? | 做这样的事 |
[00:56] | Uh, he, um, he thinks I don’t love him. | 他觉得我不爱他 |
[01:00] | That is… absurd. | 这是…无稽之谈 |
[01:03] | He said we were “In different movies.” | 他说我们”出演了不同的电影” |
[01:04] | Why couldn’t I tell? | 为什么我看不出来 |
[01:06] | Uh, man, if he didn’t feel loved by me, | 天啊 如果他感受不到我的爱 |
[01:08] | then I don’t know what hope I have | 我不知道我的人生还有什么指望 |
[01:10] | because that was the hardest | 因为这是我有史以来 |
[01:13] | I’ve ever worked to try and show someone I love them. | 最努力向他人表达爱的一次 |
[01:15] | Like, that was my best. | 这是我做得最好的一次 |
[01:15] | I definitely, like, I gave him my best. | 我真的把最好的都给了他 |
[01:18] | It appears there was a pretty major disconnect. | 看来你们之间有非常大的隔阂 |
[01:21] | Yes, that’s what I’m tryin’ to say, yeah. | 是啊 这就是我想说的 |
[01:25] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[01:27] | Nicholas, may I tell a story? | 尼古拉斯 我能跟你讲个故事吗 |
[01:30] | Why not? | 说吧 |
[01:32] | When Drea was seven, I lost my mom. | 德雅7岁时 我妈妈去世了 |
[01:36] | And I cried a lot. Drea… | 我以泪洗面 德雅… |
[01:39] | didn’t show much emotion. | 没有表露太多的情绪 |
[01:40] | She just kept asking, | 她只是不停问 |
[01:42] | “What do you need? What do you need?” | “你需要什么 你需要什么” |
[01:43] | Well, that’s sweet. | 这很贴心啊 |
[01:45] | It was. | 确实 |
[01:47] | But one day I just… | 但有一天 我… |
[01:49] | I just snapped. And… | 我发飙了 然后… |
[01:52] | I shouted, “The only thing I need | 我大吼 “我需要的” |
[01:55] | “Is not to be the only sad person in this house!” | “就是不要当家中唯一一个伤心的人” |
[01:59] | I said that to a, to a child. | 我对一个孩子说出了这样的话 |
[02:03] | And Drea, she just looked up at me, and she said, | 德雅只是看着我 她说 |
[02:07] | “I feel sad you have more sad than me, | “我感觉很悲伤 因为你承受的悲伤比我更多” |
[02:10] | which is why I wanna help.” | “所以我想帮你” |
[02:13] | Drea cared about my mom, she cared about me, | 德雅在乎我妈妈 她也在乎我 |
[02:16] | she just cared in a different way. | 只是她在乎的方式不同 |
[02:19] | We know now that’s because | 我们现在知道那是因为 |
[02:21] | her brain works differently from other people’s brains. | 她大脑的运行方式跟别人不一样 |
[02:24] | You know not worse, just different. | 不是比别人差 只是不同而已 |
[02:28] | The only problem was that… | 唯一的问题是… |
[02:30] | sometimes people didn’t understand this | 人们有时不理解这一点 |
[02:32] | and they often interpret her actions more harshly | 他们常常过于苛责理解她的行为 |
[02:36] | than the truth of her intentions. | 曲解她的真实意图 |
[02:41] | I made you a mimosa. | 我给你做了一杯含羞草鸡尾酒 |
[02:43] | Suze, I don’t think | 苏茜 我不明白 |
[02:44] | that story offered me the clarity you hoped it would. | 你讲这个故事是想告诉我什么 |
[02:47] | Well, maybe that’s what’s happening here. | 也许发生在这里的事也一样 |
[02:50] | Nicholas… | 尼古拉斯 |
[02:52] | It’s starting to look more and more likely that you are autistic. | 我感觉你越看越像是自闭患者 |
[02:57] | What? | 什么 |
[02:59] | Suze, what the hell? | 苏茜 你在说什么胡话 |
[03:01] | Oh, no. Okay. I’m s… | 不对 好吧 我… |
[03:02] | I’m sorry. Yeah, I’ve… | 我很抱歉 是啊 我… |
[03:04] | No, I have the bad timing. | 不 我说这话时机不对 |
[03:06] | I was just tryin’ to help you feel less confused. | 我只是试着让你不那么困惑 |
[03:09] | Suze, dude. Nah. | 苏茜 伙计 不是这样的 |
[03:11] | – Nah, man. – Okay. Okay. | -不是这样的 老兄 -好 好吧 |
[03:16] | I didn’t know we were allowed to be in here. | 我不知道我们能待在这 |
[03:18] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[03:21] | I’m not well. | 我不太好 |
[03:23] | They’re so high-pitched. | 她们声音太尖太吵了 |
[03:24] | Have you ever noticed that? | 你们听到了吗 |
[03:26] | Alex dumped me and Suze thinks I’m autistic. | 艾利克斯甩了我 苏茜觉得我有自闭症 |
[03:28] | What? | 什么 |
[03:29] | Well, Alex felt disconnected from Nicholas. | 艾利克斯觉得他跟尼古拉斯之间有隔阂 |
[03:32] | No. No, I’m-I’m sorry, Suze. He’s not autistic. | 不不 你说什么 苏茜 他没有自闭症 |
[03:35] | He’s just a bad boyfriend. | 他只是一名不称职的男友 |
[03:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:39] | Oh, dear. I’ve created a snowball, haven’t I? | 亲爱的 我让雪球越滚越大了 对吧 |
[03:41] | No, no snowballs. | 不 没有雪球 |
[03:44] | There you are. | 你们在这啊 |
[03:45] | I’m just gonna get the colander. | 我来拿个滤锅 |
[03:47] | – Nicholas– – No. | -尼古拉斯 -别打扰他 |
[03:48] | – Toby. Toby. – All right, I’ll get it. | -托比 托比 -好吧 我自己找 |
[03:49] | Nicholas has just had his very heart torn in two, | 尼古拉斯的心刚被撕成两半 |
[03:52] | and tossed carelessly into a dumpster | 还被完全不考虑别人的艾利克斯 |
[03:53] | by a deeply inconsiderate Alex, | 随手扔进了垃圾桶 |
[03:55] | who we are absolutely not a fan of. | 我们绝对不能支持艾利克斯 |
[04:00] | Oh, Nicholas… | 尼古拉斯 |
[04:03] | Oh, buddy, I’m-I’m so sorry. | 兄弟 我很遗憾 |
[04:08] | You were such a great couple. | 你们之前真是神仙眷侣 |
[04:10] | You know, it’s such a shame. | 这太遗憾了 |
[04:12] | You brought the chaos, he brought the order. | 你带来混乱 他带来秩序 |
[04:16] | This is so sad. | 这太让人难过了 |
[04:19] | Nicholas, love is a crazy game. | 尼古拉斯 爱就是一场疯狂的比赛 |
[04:21] | Okay, it’s not a game per se, but it… | 好吧 它本身不是比赛 但它… |
[04:25] | I’m sorry. I don’t why this is affecting me so much. | 抱歉 我不知道为什么这对我影响这么大 |
[04:29] | It’s because it’s-it’s sad, Toby. | 因为这件事很让人难过 托比 |
[04:31] | It is, it’s so sad. | 是啊 太让人难过了 |
[04:39] | Why are people crying? | 你们为什么都在哭 |
[04:41] | ‘Cause they’re happy for us. | 因为他们为我们高兴 |
[04:43] | Yeah, that’s ’cause we are so happy. | 是啊 因为我们太高兴了 |
[04:45] | – Yes, we are! – Yeah. | -对 是啊 -没错 |
[04:48] | Moss family? | 各位家人们 |
[04:49] | Are you guys hiding from me? | 你们是在躲着我吗 |
[04:52] | I noticed that Alex left. | 我发现艾利克斯走了 |
[04:53] | And I was wondering | 我在想 |
[04:54] | if you guys would be cool and give me a ride home? | 你们愿不愿意载我回家 |
[04:58] | Yeah, we can give you a ride home. | 好 我们可以载你回家 |
[05:10] | I’m sorry it’s so messy. | 抱歉弄得这么乱 |
[05:12] | I really thought I cleaned up, | 我真的以为我打扫过了 |
[05:13] | but, yeah, I mean, I guess I didn’t. | 不过我好像没打扫 |
[05:15] | Don’t even worry about it. | 不必担心这个 |
[05:17] | I’ll get out of your way. Yeah. | 我就不在这碍事了 好了 |
[05:19] | Standing felt formal, but no, it’s fine. | 站着感觉有点正式 不过没关系 |
[05:21] | I guess I’ll stand. | 我还是站着吧 |
[05:23] | Whatever is comfortable. I’ll be done in a minute. | 你怎么舒服怎么来 我马上就好 |
[05:25] | – Is that like all your stuff? – Yeah. | -这就是你所有的东西吗 -是啊 |
[05:29] | Did you like never move in? | 好像你从没搬进来过一样 |
[05:32] | I moved in. | 我搬进来了 |
[05:33] | It’s not like you offered me a drawer or anything. | 你又没给我提供个抽屉之类的地方 |
[05:35] | Was I supposed to offer you a drawer? | 我应该给你提供个抽屉吗 |
[05:38] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[05:39] | But you have a drawer. | 但你有抽屉了 |
[05:40] | Well, yeah, eventually, just took one without asking. | 对 最终 我就直接没问你拿了一个 |
[05:43] | Of course. Why ask? Who cares? | 当然了 为什么要问 谁在乎 |
[05:45] | I don’t know, Nicholas. | 我不知道 尼古拉斯 |
[05:46] | Maybe with the next guy offering them a drawer | 或许对下一个人 提出给他们抽屉 |
[05:49] | – would make them feel more welcome? – But… | -会让他们感觉更加受欢迎 -但是 |
[05:51] | I never offered you a drawer | 我从没说给你抽屉 |
[05:52] | because you’ve got a drawer. | 是因为你已经有抽屉了 |
[05:54] | You go in there, you fuss about | 你过去那里 瞎忙一气 |
[05:55] | and you come back in different clothes. | 回来时就穿着不同的衣服了 |
[05:57] | A good system. | 这是个好的系统 |
[05:59] | Do you even know where I kept my stuff? | 你知道我的东西放在哪吗 |
[06:00] | No. I didn’t look into it ’cause it’s not interesting. | 不知道 我没看因为那不有趣 |
[06:03] | You go over there, you do a menial task, | 你在那边 干些杂活 |
[06:05] | and I sit here on my phone. | 我坐在这玩手机 |
[06:06] | It’s nice. | 很好 |
[06:08] | Sorry, I didn’t realize | 抱歉 我没注意到 |
[06:09] | this had such emotional stakes for you. | 这对你来说有这么高的感情价值 |
[06:11] | Just put things wherever you want. | 东西的话想放哪都行 |
[06:13] | There’s so much space to put things. | 这里有这么多储物的空间 |
[06:15] | Oh, I took up as much space | 我占了自己能占有的 |
[06:16] | as was there for me, Nicholas. | 所有空间 尼古拉斯 |
[06:18] | Oh, I see. Are we doing a metaphor? | 我知道了 我们是要说比喻吗 |
[06:19] | And the drawer is that I didn’t open up a piece of me | 抽屉代表着我没敞开自己的心扉 |
[06:22] | for you to put stuff in? Because, actually, | 让你放东西吗 因为说实话 |
[06:24] | that’s very confusing. | 这让人困惑 |
[06:26] | ‘Cause actually I’ve opened up so much of me | 因为其实我已经敞开了很多心扉 |
[06:28] | and you’ve put so much in me, | 你已经在我体内放进了很多 |
[06:30] | and I took it. | 我也接受了 |
[06:31] | I took it, and I know… | 我接受了 我知道 |
[06:33] | Look, I know it sounds like I’m talking about penises. | 听着 我知道这听上去想我接受了你的老二 |
[06:35] | But I’m not talking about penises. | 但我说的不是老二 |
[06:37] | I’m talking about feelings. | 我说的是情感 |
[06:38] | And also I’m probably talking about penises. | 还有可能我也在说老二 |
[06:40] | You’re trying to be all funny and clever | 你想用诙谐讨巧的话 |
[06:42] | to distract me from my very real and valid feelings. | 分散我非常真实正当的感情 |
[06:44] | But it doesn’t work anymore. | 但这不会再奏效了 |
[06:46] | Okay. Fine. | 行 好吧 |
[06:50] | Are you getting along? | 你们关系还好吗 |
[06:52] | Yes. | 好 |
[06:53] | Very well. | 很好 |
[06:55] | I’m relieved. | 那我就放心了 |
[06:57] | Because Alex is one of my best friends. | 因为艾利克斯是我的挚友 |
[07:00] | And, Alex… | 艾利克斯 |
[07:02] | I want you to come to the wedding. | 我想让你来参加婚礼 |
[07:03] | I made you an invitation. | 我给你做了请柬 |
[07:06] | And… | 而且 |
[07:08] | it wouldn’t be the same without you. | 如果没有你 一切都会变味 |
[07:11] | Please come to my wedding. | 请你来参加我的婚礼 |
[07:16] | I wouldn’t dare miss it. | 我绝不敢错过 |
[07:23] | I guess we won’t have sex? | 我猜我们不会做爱了 |
[07:26] | Do you even want it? | 你想吗 |
[07:28] | I can’t tell. | 说不好 |
[07:30] | Maybe with blindfolds. | 戴着眼罩或许可以 |
[08:04] | Nicholas? | 尼古拉斯 |
[08:05] | Is that my sweet sister Genevieve | 是我可爱的妹妹吉妮芙吗 |
[08:06] | come to rescue me from the feelings? | 把我从悲伤的情绪中拯救出来 |
[08:09] | So, the thing is… | 结果我发现 |
[08:12] | Um, maybe… | 或许 |
[08:14] | maybe you are autistic. | 或许你确实有自闭症 |
[08:20] | I thought I knew everything about autism | 我以为我了解自闭症的一切 |
[08:22] | because of Matilda, but… | 因为玛蒂尔达得了 但是 |
[08:23] | Actually I think I don’t know much about autism. | 其实我觉得我对自闭症并不了解 |
[08:26] | I just know everything about Matilda. | 我只是了解玛蒂尔达的一切 |
[08:30] | So, if-if you need… to, um… | 所以如果你需要 |
[08:35] | No. Okay. | 不用 好 |
[08:39] | Yeah, you can just keep hiding. | 好 你可以继续藏着 |
[08:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:43] | Right, so, um… | 好吧 |
[08:46] | So there are these tests. | 网上有一些测试 |
[08:47] | Uh, these screening tests, and so I did them, | 这些筛选测试 我做了一下 |
[08:51] | um, as you in character. | 把自己当成是你 |
[08:52] | And, well, | 然后 |
[08:54] | they say that me masquerading as you… | 上面说假扮你的我 |
[08:59] | have some autistic tendencies. | 有自闭症倾向 |
[09:02] | Genevieve, I’m already gay and I have ADHD. | 吉妮芙 我已经是有多动症的同性恋了 |
[09:04] | I don’t need any more stigmas. | 我不需要更多耻辱了 |
[09:06] | You’re almost rich enough to call them eccentricities. | 你已经足够富裕 能管这些叫怪癖了 |
[09:11] | It’s just that… | 只是 |
[09:14] | You have difficulty interpreting | 你很难解读 |
[09:16] | how others are feeling and thinking, | 别人的感受和想法 |
[09:18] | and your social anxiety. | 还有你的社交焦虑 |
[09:20] | Name one social situation you don’t wish was canceled. | 说出一个你不希望取消的社交场合 |
[09:24] | Also… | 而且 |
[09:26] | you got that strange accent | 你有奇怪的口音 |
[09:27] | and also you’re an entomologist, | 你还是个昆虫学家 |
[09:30] | you collect insects. | 你收集昆虫 |
[09:31] | Nicholas, you collect insects. | 尼古拉斯 你收集昆虫 |
[09:34] | My accent’s Australia. | 我的口音是澳大利亚 |
[09:35] | It isn’t though, is it? | 但其实不是 对吧 |
[09:37] | Yeah. | 就是 |
[09:38] | I’ve seen “The Crocodile Hunter,” | 我看过《鳄鱼猎人》 |
[09:40] | and it ain’t you. | 那口音不像你 |
[09:41] | Crikey. | 天啦噜 |
[09:42] | Yeah, um… | 好吧… |
[09:44] | No. | 不是 |
[09:45] | Another time. | 下次再说吧 |
[09:49] | How’s he doing? Any better? | 他怎么样了 好点了吗 |
[09:51] | Yes, Matilda, very good. Excited for the wedding. | 是的 玛蒂尔达 非常好 对婚礼感到激动 |
[09:54] | Do you have any questions | 你对我邮件里 |
[09:55] | about the tasks that I emailed you? | 给你发的任务有疑惑吗 |
[09:57] | No. Nope. All good. | 没有 都很好 |
[09:59] | Great! | 好极了 |
[10:00] | Go, Team Matilda! | 加油 玛蒂尔达队 |
[10:02] | – Team Matilda. – Matilda. | -玛蒂尔达队 -玛蒂尔达 |
[10:03] | Yes! | 棒 |
[10:05] | I didn’t read the email. I didn’t read it. | 我都没看邮件 我没看 |
[10:08] | She has you down for an ambitious amount of carpentry. | 她让你负责一些很有野心的木制工艺品 |
[10:17] | “Bullies often targeted me in grade school.” | “小学霸凌总欺负我” |
[10:20] | Very often. | 经常 |
[10:23] | “I get so absorbed in a detail | “我会被一个细节吸引 |
[10:25] | I lose sight of the whole.” | 从而忘记大局” |
[10:27] | Very often. | 经常 |
[10:29] | “I have a hairstyle | “我的发型 |
[10:31] | others might consider eccentric.” | 别人常认为古怪” |
[10:37] | “I prefer to read non-fiction over fiction.” | “我更喜欢看纪实文学而不是小说” |
[10:42] | Well, I don’t know how I’m supposed to care | 我不知道我要怎么去在乎 |
[10:43] | that some made-up character cares | 一些编出来的人物在乎 |
[10:44] | what some other made-up character did. | 其他编出来的人物做的事 |
[10:47] | “I can easily create a picture of something in my mind.” | “我很容易在脑海中作画” |
[10:52] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[10:55] | Well, how easy is it supposed to be to create a picture? | 作画应该有多容易 |
[10:58] | Yeah, yeah, I don’t know. | 对 我不知道 |
[11:01] | Well, you say something and I’ll imagine it. | 你说个东西 我来想象 |
[11:05] | A bird. | 鸟 |
[11:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:08] | Yeah, good. Done. Easy. | 好的 画完了 简单 |
[11:09] | What type of bird is it? | 是什么鸟 |
[11:14] | Well, I don’t know. | 我又不知道 |
[11:16] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:19] | I don’t wanna do this anymore. | 我不想再做了 |
[11:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:25] | “I find it difficult to make or maintain eye contact.” | “我觉得保持眼神交流很困难” |
[11:28] | Yes. | 对 |
[11:30] | Unless I’m trying to trick someone into falling in love with me. | 除非我想哄骗别人爱上我 |
[11:34] | “I enjoy collecting information on the categories of things.” | “我喜欢收集分门别类的东西” |
[11:38] | Yes. | 对 |
[11:40] | “I am often captivated by running water.” | “我常被流水吸引” |
[11:43] | What? Really? | 什么 真的假的 |
[11:46] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:47] | Everyone is. Aren’t they? | 大家都是 不是吗 |
[11:48] | Everyone loves running water. | 大家都爱流水 |
[11:50] | People love a brook, don’t they? | 人们都爱小溪 对吧 |
[11:51] | Don’t you love a brook? | 你不爱小溪吗 |
[11:52] | Look, it’s really not easy for me to work out | 听着 我并不知道 |
[11:54] | how much I’m supposed to speak during this. | 测试时自己该讲多少话 |
[12:01] | When I was in the third grade sometimes I’d throw myself | 我三年级时 有时会让自己 |
[12:03] | off the top bunk of the bed | 从床上摔下来 |
[12:05] | because all the kids at school with casts were so popular | 因为学校里有石膏的学生都很受欢迎 |
[12:07] | and I thought if I broke my arm that that would make me popular. | 我想如果我摔断了手 我也能变得受欢迎 |
[12:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:16] | Seems pretty misguided. | 听着很误入歧途 |
[12:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:26] | Category is… | 类别是 |
[12:27] | mother of the bride! | 新娘的母亲 |
[12:29] | We are ready. | 我们准备好了 |
[12:29] | – Yes, please. – All right. | -请吧 -好的 |
[12:35] | Can you believe it? | 你能信吗 |
[12:41] | It’s a knockoff, but you can’t even tell. | 这是件仿品 但你看不出来 |
[12:43] | Honey, are you sure that’s the right size? | 亲爱的 你觉得这码数对吗 |
[12:46] | What are you trying to say, Toby? | 你要说什么 托比 |
[12:47] | Uh, I mean, don’t I look pretty? | 我难道不美吗 |
[12:50] | Maybe we should email somebody. | 或许我们该寄给别人 |
[12:52] | To say thank you? | 说谢谢吗 |
[12:55] | Can you believe it? | 你能信吗 |
[13:10] | You guys are pretty good friends, huh? | 你们是很好的朋友 对吧 |
[13:13] | Yeah. Yeah, I think they might be your only friends. | 对 我想他们可能是你唯一的朋友 |
[13:19] | “It’s difficult to imagine | “很难想象 |
[13:20] | what it would be like to be someone else.” | 成为他人的感觉” |
[13:23] | Yes. For example, some people like cats | 对 比如说 有些人喜欢猫 |
[13:25] | and videos of cats. | 和猫的视频 |
[13:27] | I’m trying to be neutral, | 我试着保持中立 |
[13:28] | but I have to agree you’re terrible at it. | 但我得同意你非常不擅长 |
[13:32] | I have to add it up. | 我得算总分了 |
[13:33] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[13:34] | I’m thinking about getting those korean fish pastries. | 我想买那种韩国鱼露 |
[13:37] | Yes, please. | 好的 |
[13:38] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[13:43] | When I was a kid, | 我小时候 |
[13:44] | my ma, she was always sending me to hearing tests. | 我妈 她总让我去做听力测试 |
[13:46] | I spent my whole childhood in a booth | 我整个童年都在一个小屋子里 |
[13:48] | wearing huge headphones, | 戴着巨大的耳机 |
[13:49] | being asked if I could hear the beep. | 被人问着我是否能听到哔声 |
[13:50] | And… | 然后 |
[13:52] | it was always a, “Yeah, yeah, I can hear the beep. | 我一直说 “可以 我能听到 |
[13:54] | I can hear…” I actually have amazing hearing. | 我能听到…” 我的听力其实很棒 |
[13:57] | And then, uh… | 然后 |
[13:59] | I don’t know, she was always, like, so disappointed | 我说不好 她总是感觉很失望 |
[14:01] | to find out I wasn’t deaf. | 发现我不是聋子 |
[14:05] | That’s not normal. | 那不正常 |
[14:06] | No. | 确实 |
[14:12] | It says you’re autistic. | 上面说你有自闭症 |
[14:16] | Like… Like, a bit? | 是 是一点点吗 |
[14:19] | Yeah, like… | 对 是 |
[14:20] | Yeah, quite high, like… | 分数很高 |
[14:23] | like, above borderline. | 比合格线高很多 |
[14:25] | Right. | 好吧 |
[14:37] | Do you want custard? | 你想吃奶油冻吗 |
[14:38] | Yeah. | 想 |
[14:40] | Yeah. | 好 |
[14:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:00] | So… | 那么 |
[15:02] | What? | 怎么了 |
[15:04] | What’s going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[15:06] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[15:10] | I feel sort of weezle-wozzle, don’t I? | 我感觉很意外 是吧 |
[15:14] | It’s just so hard to know | 很难分辨 |
[15:15] | if I answered those questions right. | 我是否正确地回答了问题 |
[15:16] | Nicholas, you answered those questions right. | 尼古拉斯 你正确地回答了问题 |
[15:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:21] | I just think that, actually, if you ask me again | 我只是觉得 如果你再问我一遍 |
[15:22] | to mention a specific bird, | 提一种特定的鸟 |
[15:25] | I could do it, I’ll do it. | 我能做到 我会做的 |
[15:26] | I’m imagining a rainbow lorikeet. | 我会想彩虹吸蜜鹦鹉 |
[15:28] | It’s rainbow, and… | 它是彩虹色 然后 |
[15:31] | Yeah, I don’t like talking to new people, | 对 我不喜欢跟新人聊天 |
[15:32] | but nobody does. Who likes talking to new people? | 但谁都不喜欢 谁喜欢跟新人聊天 |
[15:34] | It’s crazy to like talking to new people. | 喜欢跟他们聊天才是疯了 |
[15:36] | And, yeah, I don’t like the sound of fans. | 还有没错 我不喜欢风扇的声音 |
[15:39] | I really don’t like it, | 我真的不喜欢 |
[15:40] | but it seems pretty intense to take that | 但这有些过分吧 光凭那些 |
[15:43] | and parlay it into me being, | 就突然之间 |
[15:44] | quite suddenly, autistic. Doesn’t it? | 把我说成有自闭症 对吧 |
[15:48] | Honestly, I don’t wanna be autistic, okay? | 说真的 我不想有自闭症 好吗 |
[15:49] | Because then everyone’s gonna look at me | 因为那样大家看着我 |
[15:51] | and they’re gonna think, | 就会想 |
[15:51] | “Oh, that’s Nicholas. He’s autistic.” | “那是尼古拉斯 他有自闭症” |
[15:53] | When I used to just be Nicholas. | 以前我只是尼古拉斯 |
[15:56] | I thought this family was all like, | 我以为这个家庭都是 |
[15:58] | “Autistic Pride,” Et cetera. | “自闭症骄傲”之类的 |
[16:01] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:02] | So what am I missing? | 我漏掉了什么 |
[16:05] | Well… | 这个 |
[16:07] | It’s easier to be proud for somebody else | 为别人的病骄傲要更容易 |
[16:08] | than it is for yourself, isn’t it? | 但自己得了就不是了 对吧 |
[16:12] | It just is. | 事实就是如此 |
[16:19] | Should I help? | 我该帮忙吗 |
[16:20] | No, I have to learn. | 不 我得学会 |
[16:23] | Are you curious what I brought? | 你不好奇我带了什么吗 |
[16:25] | Not yet. | 还不 |
[16:26] | It’s a picnic. | 是野餐 |
[16:27] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[16:39] | Which color? | 什么颜色 |
[16:41] | What vibe are you going for? | 你想要什么风格 |
[16:42] | Happy, independent, feminine. | 幸福 独立 女性 |
[16:45] | You know, I just really love this soft blue. | 我很喜欢这种浅蓝色 |
[16:48] | Nicholas… | 尼古拉斯 |
[16:50] | that’s my favorite too! | 那也是我的最爱 |
[16:52] | What? | 什么 |
[16:53] | – Yes. – That’s your favorite? | -对 -那是你的最爱 |
[16:54] | – Yes. – And it’s my favorite? | -对 -也是我的最爱 |
[16:57] | Get outta town. What’s it called? | 不了是吧 这颜色叫什么名字 |
[16:59] | We don’t know | 我们不知道 |
[17:00] | because we forgot to mark down | 因为我们涂色时 |
[17:03] | which paint matches which paints. | 忘了写对应名称 |
[17:05] | But we have a plan. | 但我们有个计划 |
[17:07] | What’s the plan? | 什么计划 |
[17:08] | To repaint all the splotches | 重新涂所有试色 |
[17:10] | and remember to mark down which is which this time. | 这次记得把对应名称写上 |
[17:15] | That’s a good plan. Isn’t it? | 这是个好计划 对吧 |
[17:18] | Sorted that right out. | 马上解决了问题 |
[17:22] | Can you believe how good this picnic I got for us is? | 你能相信我给我们带的野餐有多丰盛吗 |
[17:24] | I’ve decided not to bring my piano, | 我决定不带钢琴 |
[17:26] | so I have an excuse to leave if Drea annoys me. | 这样如果德雅让我生气 我就有理由离开 |
[17:29] | So just nothing about the picnic? | 所以你对野餐没有评论吗 |
[17:31] | It’s good. | 很不错 |
[17:32] | Can you get me another one | 你能帮我另外做一份吗 |
[17:33] | so I can do this with Drea | 我可以跟德雅一起来 |
[17:34] | and pretend like it was my idea? | 假装这是我的主意 |
[17:37] | Yes, I can. Yeah. | 当然 没问题 |
[17:39] | Babe, do you mind if we, um, | 宝贝 你介意我们 |
[17:41] | talk about me for a second? | 稍微谈谈我吗 |
[17:43] | You don’t have to ask permission to not talk about me. | 你不用征求我的同意 来不谈论我 |
[17:48] | I just… Um, there’s something I wanna tell you | 我只是 我想告诉你一些事 |
[17:49] | and I-I thought maybe I could get your advice. | 我想或许你能给我建议 |
[17:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:56] | Well, I think that maybe I might also be autistic. | 我想也许 我可能有自闭症 |
[18:00] | No. | 不是 |
[18:01] | No? | 不是吗 |
[18:02] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 我不觉得 |
[18:05] | Can you pass the quince paste? | 你能把木瓜酱给我吗 |
[18:06] | Wait. Wait, wait, wait, but… | 等等 等等 等等 但是 |
[18:08] | don’t you wanna hear more about why I think that? | 你难道不想听听我为什么这么认为吗 |
[18:11] | You’re just messy because you have ADHD | 你不会收拾东西只是因为你有多动症 |
[18:13] | and you don’t follow things through. | 而且你总是虎头蛇尾 |
[18:15] | I think the ADHD has been a distraction. | 我觉得多动症掩盖了病征 |
[18:19] | Were you diagnosed with autism? | 你被诊断为自闭症了吗 |
[18:21] | Well, no. | 没有 |
[18:22] | You’re not autistic. | 你没有自闭症 |
[18:25] | I think I might be. | 我想我可能有 |
[18:26] | It’s very offensive | 这很冒犯人 |
[18:27] | when people who aren’t diagnosed | 没有被诊断为自闭症的人 |
[18:29] | pretend they’re autistic | 假装自己有自闭症 |
[18:31] | to get away with their bad behavior. | 为了给自己的坏行为开脱 |
[18:34] | Yeah. Okay, but… | 对 好吧 但是 |
[18:36] | I don’t think that’s what’s going on here. | 我觉得现在不是这种情况 |
[18:38] | Why are you so sure? | 你为什么这么确定 |
[18:40] | Because you’re fine. | 因为你没事 |
[18:41] | You’ve always been fine. | 你一直都没事 |
[18:44] | Well, I guess that’s nice that you think that, | 你这么想我很高兴 |
[18:46] | and I agree that I’ve always been like a happy guy, | 我也同意我一直都是很开心 |
[18:48] | but I, um… | 但是我 |
[18:50] | You’re not autistic, I promise. | 你没有自闭症 我保证 |
[18:53] | But I think maybe I am. | 但我觉得我可能有 |
[18:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:56] | Well… Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[18:59] | You know, like, yeah, I appear fine, | 你知道 我假装没事 |
[19:01] | but that’s because I put an embarrassing amount of work | 但那是因为我为此下了很多功夫 |
[19:03] | into camouflaging how confused I am | 假装自己困惑不已 |
[19:06] | and how twitchy I am, | 焦虑不安 |
[19:08] | and just generally stopping myself | 于是就阻止自己 |
[19:10] | from behaving the way I wanna behave and… | 表现出我真正想表现的 而且 |
[19:13] | I don’t know, I feel like maybe Alex was the first person | 我不知道 我感觉艾利克斯可能是第一个 |
[19:15] | I let in close enough to see through that performance and… | 我让他靠得够进 看穿我的表演的人 然后 |
[19:20] | I sort of… | 我有点 |
[19:21] | I thought… | 我以为 |
[19:22] | everyone was doing as much work as me, | 大家都跟我一样努力 |
[19:24] | but it turns out, no, it turns out some people, | 但结果 不是 结果发现一些人 |
[19:28] | well, actually most people | 应该说是大部分人 |
[19:30] | just know how to be. | 天生知道怎么社交 |
[19:32] | And, um, well, yeah, I didn’t realize. | 对 我之前都不知道 |
[19:36] | Yes. | 对 |
[19:38] | Do you know the emotion that I’m talking about? | 你明白我说的这些感情吗 |
[19:40] | That I appear fine but it’s fake. Right? | 我假装没事 但其实都是装的 对吧 |
[19:43] | It’s-it’s a performance. It’s… | 都是表演 这个 |
[19:45] | – Yes. – …exhausting. | -知道 -令人疲惫 |
[19:47] | Yeah. Yes. | 知道 对 |
[19:48] | Yes, I know it. | 我知道 |
[19:49] | Well, okay. | 那好 |
[19:51] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[19:53] | You’re likely autistic. | 你可能有自闭症 |
[19:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:57] | Great. | 好极了 |
[19:59] | I wanna show you the shower curtain we had made. | 我想让你看看我们做的浴帘 |
[20:01] | It has our faces on it. | 上面有我们的脸 |
[20:03] | Okay. Yes, please. | 好 来吧 |
[20:10] | Very elegant. | 很美丽 |
[20:21] | Nicholas? | 尼古拉斯 |
[20:25] | There are more pages behind the front page. | 第一页后面还有好多页 |
[20:28] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 天呐 天呐 |
[20:30] | Yeah, there’s so many more pages. | 对 后面还有好多页 |
[20:31] | No, I can fill this out, but I’m so late already. | 不 我能填完 但我已经迟到了 |
[20:33] | Should I… Should I do this after? | 我能 我能之后再做吗 |
[20:34] | We need you to do it before the appointment. | 我们需要在会诊前填完 |
[20:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:39] | No, that makes sense, yeah. | 有道理 |
[20:54] | Well, what is that? | 那是什么 |
[20:55] | Give me it. Give me. Give me. | 给我 给我 给我 |
[20:56] | It-it’s a gift for you. | 这是给你的礼物 |
[21:01] | A lizard? | 蜥蜴吗 |
[21:02] | Um, more specifically, an emotional support lizard. | 准确的说 是情感支持蜥蜴 |
[21:05] | Right. | 对 |
[21:06] | And that’s for me, is it? | 那是给我的 对吧 |
[21:07] | – Yes. – Is that for me? | -对 -给我的吗 |
[21:08] | – Yeah. – That’s my lizard? | -对 -那是我的蜥蜴 |
[21:10] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. To help with your autism. | 对对 帮你应对自闭症 |
[21:11] | Well, that’s interesting, isn’t it? Because, um, | 有趣 对吧 因为 |
[21:14] | you’re always asking me to buy you a lizard? | 你一直让我给你买蜥蜴 |
[21:16] | So… So it seems like… | 所以 所以感觉像 |
[21:19] | – No. No, no, no. – No? | -不 不不 -不是吗 |
[21:21] | That-that was just a phase. I’ve outgrown it. | 那只是我的一个阶段 我已经不想要了 |
[21:25] | Terrible timing. | 时机不巧 |
[21:26] | It’s actually a thoughtful gift for you | 其实这对你来说是个考虑周全的礼物 |
[21:28] | because he eats bugs and you’re an entomologist. | 因为它会吃虫子 而你是个昆虫学家 |
[21:31] | Yes. I mean, of course. | 嗯 当然 |
[21:32] | That just makes sense, doesn’t it? | 非常有道理 对吧 |
[21:34] | How many times have you heard me say, | 你听我说过多少次 |
[21:37] | “If you love something, feed it alive to a predator”? | “如果你喜欢什么 就把它喂给捕食者” |
[21:40] | A cute little lizard pet. | 可爱的小蜥蜴宠物 |
[21:42] | What better way to make an autistic house | 还有什么更好的方法能打造一个自闭症房屋 |
[21:45] | an autistic home? | 自闭症之家呢 |