时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | My sauce is too wet. | 我的酱太湿了 |
[00:04] | Put chia seeds in it. | 放奇亚籽进去 |
[00:05] | The pasta’s ready but the sauce looks like soup. | 意面好了 但是酱看上去像是汤 |
[00:07] | You gotta put chia seeds in it. | 你得放奇亚籽进去 |
[00:09] | It shouldn’t be this hard to make Bolognese. | 波隆那肉酱应该没这么难做的 |
[00:11] | Why are you ignoring my chia seeds? | 你为什么要无视我的奇亚籽 |
[00:12] | ‘Cause it’s not a real suggestion, Nicholas. | 因为这不是真的建议 尼古拉斯 |
[00:15] | They’re thickeners. I’m always putting chia seeds in shit. | 它们是增稠剂 我总是在各种东西里放奇亚籽 |
[00:17] | What? You never… | 怎么 你从没 |
[00:20] | Oh, you never noticed my chias? | 你没注意到过我的奇亚籽 |
[00:22] | I’m not putting that in my mom’s Bolognese. | 我不会把那东西放进我妈的肉酱里 |
[00:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:25] | Because you know it’s not normal to put chia seeds in meat. | 因为你知道在肉里加奇亚籽不正常 |
[00:28] | I don’t think I do know that. | 我好像不知道这个 |
[00:30] | You’re actually gaslighting me right now. | 你现在在对我情感操纵 |
[00:31] | I’m not gaslighting you. | 我没有情感操纵你 |
[00:33] | I just read an article about Omega-3s once. | 我只是看过一篇关于奥米茄-3的文章 |
[00:38] | – Fine. – Yeah. | -行吧 -嗯 |
[00:40] | Put the chia seeds in. | 放奇亚籽进去 |
[00:44] | You know that in our society, | 你知道在我们的社会中 |
[00:46] | this is a confronting thing you’re doing. | 你现在的行为属于强人所难 |
[00:47] | I don’t know about society. | 我不了解社会 |
[00:48] | – Yes, you do. – Nope. I’m just a silly little lamb. | -你了解的 -不 我只是一只傻傻的小羊羔 |
[00:51] | You’re not a lamb. | 你不是羊羔 |
[00:52] | Kidding! I’m Nicholas! | 逗你的 我是尼古拉斯 |
[00:54] | And I’m the silliest little lamb. | 我是最傻的小羊羔 |
[00:56] | I’m gonna go and do some lamb things. | 我要去做一些羊羔做的事 |
[00:59] | I’m gonna go, and I’m gonna suck on my mum’s boobies | 我要走了 我要去吸我妈妈的奶子 |
[01:01] | and then I’m gonna grow up big and strong. | 然后我会长大 变得强壮 |
[01:04] | What are you even saying? | 你在说什么呢 |
[01:07] | Oh, no. I’ve got a case of the sillies, don’t I? | 天啊 我得了傻子病 对吗 |
[01:09] | Yeah, I think you’ve got a case of the sillies. | 是的 我觉得你得了傻子病 |
[01:26] | Swish, right? | 很漂亮吧 |
[01:27] | I thought this table was for stacks of mail, | 我以为这桌子是用来放信件的 |
[01:29] | but it’s so much more. | 但作用远远不止 |
[01:30] | Stop, okay? It’s nothing. | 够了 这没什么 |
[01:32] | I just made some food, | 我只是做了点吃的 |
[01:33] | and we’re all gonna eat it at the same time. | 我们会同时吃 |
[01:35] | Are we about to start Nicholas’ intervention? | 我们要开始尼古拉斯的干预会了吗 |
[01:38] | Well, I can’t wait to find out what for. | 我等不及要知道是为了什么了 |
[01:39] | Probably mimosas. | 多半是含羞草鸡尾酒 |
[01:40] | Just too many mimosas. | 喝太多含羞草鸡尾酒了 |
[01:42] | No friends, it’s because he has no friends. | 没朋友 因为他没朋友 |
[01:43] | No adults have friends. Okay? | 成年人都没朋友 好吗 |
[01:45] | I need you guys to focus. | 我需要你们专注 |
[01:47] | I have a real-world problem. | 我有现实生活中的问题 |
[01:49] | What, Oscar’s not still calling you, is he? | 什么 奥斯卡还是没联系你 是吗 |
[01:51] | Just so much. | 太多了 |
[01:53] | Very creative voice mails. | 很有创意的语音留言 |
[01:55] | Yesterday he said his mom was gonna kick him out | 昨天他说他妈妈要赶他出去 |
[01:57] | if he didn’t get a job | 如果他不找到工作的话 |
[01:58] | and then asked to clean our pool. | 然后提出要来清理我们的泳池 |
[02:00] | It would be nice to have the pool cleaned. | 要是泳池清理了就太好了 |
[02:02] | I just cleaned it. | 我刚清理过 |
[02:04] | There’s a few leaves in there, babe. | 里面还有些叶子 亲爱的 |
[02:05] | No, there is. There’s a few leaves in there. | 真的 里面还有几片叶子 |
[02:07] | That-that’s not the problem I need help with. | 这不是我需要帮助的问题 |
[02:10] | I have an announcement. | 我有事情要宣布 |
[02:11] | No, no, no, no, no, Matilda. We’re doing mine first. | 不不不 玛蒂尔达 我先说 |
[02:13] | Is it Oscar again? | 又是奥斯卡吗 |
[02:15] | We get it, Genevieve, he’s obsessed with you. | 我们懂的 吉妮芙 他迷上你了 |
[02:19] | It is not Oscar. It’s Barb. | 不是玛蒂尔达 是芭布 |
[02:21] | Oh, no, not Barb. | 不 别是芭布 |
[02:22] | Maybe we should let Matilda go first. | 也许我们该让玛蒂尔达先说 |
[02:24] | – Yes. – What is it? Is Barb okay? | -是的 -怎么了 芭布还好吗 |
[02:26] | No, Barb is not okay. | 不 芭布不好 |
[02:28] | Because… | 因为 |
[02:30] | last night she posted | 昨晚她在脸书上 |
[02:32] | her just terrible film and TV assignment on Facebook | 发了她糟糕的影视作业 |
[02:35] | and her grandma clicked “Like.” | 她外婆点了赞 |
[02:38] | No. | 不 |
[02:39] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[02:41] | Why “Oh, no”? | 为什么”不” |
[02:42] | Well, it’s quite strange for her grandma to do anything, | 她外婆做任何事都会很怪 |
[02:44] | since according to Barb | 因为根据芭布所说 |
[02:46] | she died of COVID two weeks ago. | 她在两周前死于新冠 |
[02:49] | – Oh, no. – We sent her flowers. | -不 -我们给她送了花 |
[02:51] | – Oh, no. – We sent her $118 worth of flowers. | -不 -我们送了她价值118刀的花 |
[02:56] | Are you finished? Can I go now? | 你说完了吗 我能说了吗 |
[02:57] | Not yet, Matilda. I’m sorry, not yet. | 还没 玛蒂尔达 抱歉 还没 |
[02:59] | The school put her grandma | 学校把她外婆 |
[03:00] | in the “Thoughts and prayers” section of the newsletter. | 写在了简报里的”思念和祈祷”版块 |
[03:02] | She owes me a $118. | 她欠我118块 |
[03:04] | She told me she was so sad | 她跟我说她很难过 |
[03:05] | I had to leave her on video chat | 那天晚上我跟她视频聊天 |
[03:06] | while she fell asleep the other night. | 她睡着了我都没有关 |
[03:08] | Well, that was sweet of you. | 你真好 |
[03:09] | Incorrect. | 错 |
[03:10] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[03:11] | No one at school’s talking to her | 学校里没人跟她说话 |
[03:12] | and she wants me to call her but I’m angry at her, too. | 她想要给她打电话 但我也很生气 |
[03:15] | You gotta put her in the bin. | 你得把她扔进垃圾桶 |
[03:16] | – What? No! – Yep. | -什么 不 -要 |
[03:18] | Barb in the bin! Barb in the bin! | 芭布进垃圾桶 芭布进垃圾桶 |
[03:20] | Why does Genevieve get so long? | 为什么吉妮芙可以说这么久 |
[03:21] | No, you can’t put Barb in the bin. | 不 你不能把芭布扔进垃圾桶 |
[03:23] | She just made a mistake. | 她只是犯了个错 |
[03:24] | She told me I was the only one who could understand | 她跟我说只有我能理解 |
[03:26] | because of Dad. | 因为爸爸的事 |
[03:28] | Well, that right there is pretty good evidence | 这是很好的证据 |
[03:29] | that actually we can, in fact, put Barb in the bin. | 我们可以把芭布扔进垃圾桶 |
[03:31] | Wait. | 等等 |
[03:33] | Just wait, okay? | 等等 好吗 |
[03:34] | Wh-what’s going on with her? | 她怎么回事 |
[03:35] | ‘Cause, like, you know sometimes | 因为 有时候 |
[03:37] | when people do cry for attention | 当人们渴望关注的时候 |
[03:39] | the attention they need is for something else. | 他们需要的关注是在别的事上 |
[03:41] | No, there’s nothing else. | 不 没别的事了 |
[03:42] | She’s just bored because she’s Barb. | 她只是感到无聊 因为她是芭布 |
[03:44] | What? You don’t know that. | 什么 你可不知道 |
[03:46] | Definitely because she’s bored. | 绝对是因为她无聊了 |
[03:47] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[03:53] | Are you a little bit furious? | 你是有点火冒三丈吗 |
[03:54] | I just don’t understand why you’re so dismissive of my ideas. | 我只是不明白你为什么这么轻视我的点子 |
[03:57] | Now that’s not true. | 才没有 |
[03:58] | We bought that air fryer, that was your idea, remember that? | 我们买了空气炸锅 那是你的点子 记得吗 |
[04:01] | Do you remember the air fryer? | 你记得空气炸锅吗 |
[04:03] | I can’t wait any longer. | 我不能再等了 |
[04:04] | Everyone, I’ve decided to ask Drea to marry me. | 各位 我决定向德雅求婚 |
[04:10] | What? | 什么 |
[04:11] | We’re ready now. | 我们准备好了 |
[04:12] | We proved that we can be independent | 我们在小屋的那一夜 |
[04:14] | at our night at the cabin. | 证明了我们可以独立 |
[04:18] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[04:20] | Well, when exactly will you be asking? | 那你要什么时候求婚 |
[04:23] | I’ve arranged for Suze to take Drea to breakfast tomorrow morning | 我安排苏茜明早带德雅去吃早餐 |
[04:28] | so I can ask Toby for her hand in marriage. | 我就能请托比把他女儿许配给我 |
[04:31] | Tomorrow? | 明天吗 |
[04:34] | Matilda, don’t you think you’re a bit young? | 玛蒂尔达 你不觉得你年纪有点小吗 |
[04:37] | Yes, we are so very lucky | 是啊 我们很幸运 |
[04:40] | that we found each other at such a young age. | 能这么年轻就找到彼此 |
[04:43] | Most people with autism don’t get married | 大部分自闭患者都不结婚 |
[04:45] | and I didn’t wanna be another statistic. | 我不想成为又一位不结婚的患者 |
[04:47] | And I don’t wanna be depressed again. | 我也不想抑郁症再复发了 |
[04:51] | Okay. Those reasons are good, | 好吧 这些理由很充分 |
[04:53] | but do you love her? | 但你爱她吗 |
[04:55] | Yes, we’re good together. | 爱 我们相处得很好 |
[04:56] | We don’t fight nearly as much as you two. | 我们不像你们俩那样经常吵架 |
[05:00] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[05:02] | Well, do you think this will be a short engagement | 你觉得你们的订婚是短期的 |
[05:05] | or like a long… longer one? | 还是长期的 |
[05:09] | I need to find the ring first. | 我得先找个戒指 |
[05:11] | But my problem is… | 但问题是… |
[05:13] | I have to spend three months’ salary on a ring, | 买戒指得花三个月的工资 |
[05:17] | but I don’t even have a job. | 但我连工作都没有 |
[05:21] | I’m asking Toby at 9:00 A.M. | 我明早9点去问托比 |
[05:24] | I need you to drive. | 我需要你开车送我去 |
[05:32] | Nicholas? | 尼古拉斯 |
[05:35] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[05:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:50] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运吧 |
[05:57] | He’s gonna say no, right? | 他不会同意的 对吧 |
[05:58] | Yeah, he is, isn’t he? He is. | 对啊 他不会同意的 |
[06:00] | We don’t know anything about Toby. | 我们根本不了解托比 |
[06:01] | This is gonna be the first time | 这是我们家人 |
[06:02] | anyone in our family has ever asked Toby a question. | 第一次向托比问问题 |
[06:05] | We could never have known what Toby thinks would matter. | 我们之前都没料到托比的想法会重要 |
[06:14] | Ah, hello, Matilda. | 你好 玛蒂尔达 |
[06:15] | Hello, Mr. Stevens. | 你好 史蒂文斯先生 |
[06:16] | Is everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[06:19] | Is Drea gone? | 德雅已经走了吗 |
[06:20] | Yes, yes. She and Suze went for breakfast, | 是啊 她和苏茜去吃早餐了 |
[06:23] | somewhere at least five miles from the house. | 去了离家至少5英里远的地方 |
[06:27] | May I come in? | 我能进去吗 |
[06:29] | Of course. Of course. | 当然 当然可以 |
[06:32] | What are we hoping for here? | 我们在这期待什么呢 |
[06:34] | For him to say no? | 期待他不同意 |
[06:36] | Are we hoping that our autistic sister runs out of there sobbing? | 期待我们自闭症的姐姐哭着跑出来吗 |
[06:41] | When you say it like that it sounds like we’re not good people | 你这话听起来我们不像好人 |
[06:43] | but we’re good people, aren’t we? | 但我们是好人 对吧 |
[06:44] | We’re fine. | 我们很好 |
[06:53] | Mr. Stevens, I’m sure I don’t have to tell you… | 史蒂文斯先生 我清楚我不说你也知道 |
[06:58] | what a great girl you have here. | 你家有一位多么好的姑娘 |
[07:01] | – Who, you? – No. Drea. | -你说谁 你吗 -不 是德雅 |
[07:03] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[07:05] | Yes, absolutely. I agree. | 是啊 我完全赞同 |
[07:09] | Can I ask you… | 我能问问你 |
[07:12] | have I been inappropriate in any way? | 我有什么做的不对的地方吗 |
[07:16] | I don’t understand. | 什么意思 |
[07:18] | Have I made you feel uncomfortable? | 我让你觉得不舒服了吗 |
[07:20] | Unsafe around me? | 你跟我待在一起很不安吗 |
[07:22] | – Not at all. – Okay. | -完全不会 -好吧 |
[07:24] | I’m just gonna text Suze | 我要给苏茜发个信息 |
[07:25] | because that was her first thought, | 因为她的第一个反应 |
[07:27] | that I had overstepped somewhere. | 就是我越界了 |
[07:31] | I just wanna assure… | 我只想确认一下 |
[07:35] | I’m sorry, what was the question? | 抱歉 你想问什么 |
[07:37] | Drea is a very unique girl. | 德雅是一个非常独特的女孩 |
[07:40] | She deserves to be cherished, nurtured and respected | 她值得被爱护 被保护 被尊重 |
[07:45] | until she dies. | 直到她去世 |
[07:47] | Yes. I-I agree. | 对 我赞同 |
[07:50] | She’s not gonna, like, see this through, is she? | 她不会一意孤行 对吧 |
[07:52] | She slashed the wires of her piano. | 她把钢琴的弦都割断了 |
[07:55] | She sees things through. | 她一意孤行 |
[07:56] | She sees things through, yep. | 是啊 她一意孤行 |
[08:02] | Can I whisper a question to you? | 我能悄悄问你一个问题吗 |
[08:04] | Yes. | 可以 |
[08:05] | Is there a chance Drea could access the family trust? | 德雅有可能接触到家庭信托吗 |
[08:08] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:10] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 是啊 我不知道 |
[08:12] | I know how precious she is to you | 我知道她对你来说有多么珍贵 |
[08:14] | which is why I don’t ask this question lightly. | 所以我不会轻易问这个问题 |
[08:18] | And what question would that be, dear? | 你要问什么 亲爱的 |
[08:20] | Will you give me your blessing | 你愿意祝福我们 |
[08:22] | to take your daughter’s hand in marriage? | 让我娶你女儿为妻吗 |
[08:28] | Oh, Matilda… Oh, I’m… | 玛蒂尔达 我… |
[08:34] | Oh, Matilda. I can’t answer that. | 玛蒂尔达 我不能回答这个问题 |
[08:36] | The tradition of asking the father’s permission | 征求女方父亲同意的传统 |
[08:39] | dates back to ancient Rome | 要追溯到古罗马 |
[08:42] | where the groom would offer the father a coin. | 新郎会给女方父亲一枚硬币 |
[08:45] | This feels like a long time | 告诉一个十几岁的女孩 |
[08:46] | to tell a teenage girl they can’t get married, Toby. | 她们不能结婚 花的时间也太久了 托比 |
[08:48] | Hope he knows what happens to people who are never told no. | 希望他知道对从没拒绝过的人说”不”是什么下场 |
[08:51] | Does he know about Justin Bieber or Kim Jong-un? | 他知道贾斯汀·比伯或金正恩吗 |
[08:54] | We should never have let this happen. | 我们不能让这件事发生 |
[08:56] | How? She literally threatened us with her depression. | 要怎么做 她都用抑郁症威胁我们了 |
[09:00] | So the idea that I could give my daughter away | 女方父亲是否让女儿出嫁 |
[09:03] | speaks to a time when the patriarch had to consider | 源于古罗马 那个时代 |
[09:05] | the financial implications of a marriage. | 族长必须考虑结婚所带来的经济影响 |
[09:08] | But today, | 不过如今 |
[09:10] | the ritual of asking a father’s permission… | 征求女方父亲同意的仪式 |
[09:14] | it really isn’t necess… | 其实不是必… |
[09:16] | Is Nicholas okay with this? | 尼古拉斯同意了吗 |
[09:17] | He drove me here. | 他开车送我来的 |
[09:20] | So… | 所以… |
[09:21] | is that a yes? | 你同意吗 |
[09:26] | I actually can’t think about it anymore. | 我真的不能再想这件事了 |
[09:29] | What will you think about instead? | 那你要想什么事 |
[09:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:31] | You’re lying. You got something. | 你骗人 你想到其他事了 |
[09:33] | – I don’t have– – Give it to me. | -我没有 -告诉我 |
[09:34] | What do you got? | 你想到什么了 |
[09:35] | Why don’t we think about chocolate babka? | 我们不如想想巧克力巴布卡面包 |
[09:37] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -好啊 -行吗 |
[09:38] | Yeah. | 行 |
[09:40] | He said yes! | 他同意了 |
[09:41] | Nicholas. | 尼古拉斯 |
[09:43] | I was telling Matilda | 我跟玛蒂尔达说 |
[09:44] | that it’s not a tradition I agree with, | 我不认同这个传统 |
[09:46] | but, you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[09:48] | She’s my daughter and I’ll cry if I want to. | 她是我女儿 如果我想都可以哭 |
[09:52] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[09:54] | – Thank you. – Bye-bye. | -谢谢 -拜拜 |
[09:59] | Okay. Seat belts. | 好吧 系好安全带 |
[10:02] | – Yes. – Okay. | -好 -好吧 |
[10:11] | I just really thought he was gonna say no. | 我真的以为他会拒绝 |
[10:13] | I brought lamingtons. | 我带了拉明顿椰丝蛋糕 |
[10:16] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[10:25] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:26] | This is what’s gonna happen. | 接下去要这样 |
[10:28] | I can’t do anything, because Drea doesn’t know. | 我什么都做不了 因为德雅不知道 |
[10:31] | Toby doesn’t do anything because Toby is useless. | 托比什么都做不了 因为托比是个废物 |
[10:34] | Which means this falls on your shoulders. | 这意味着重任落在你肩上了 |
[10:36] | My shoulders are too soft for this. | 我的肩膀太柔弱承担不起 |
[10:38] | You’re gonna take her some cake, | 你要给她一块蛋糕 |
[10:39] | you’re gonna do your best to explain to her | 你要尽全力向她解释 |
[10:41] | that decisions made by teenagers are bad, | 青少年做的决定是坏决定 |
[10:44] | and then simply say “Matilda, it’s a no.” | 然后简单地说 “玛蒂尔达 不行” |
[10:47] | – I can’t do that. – Yes. You can, you can. | -我做不到 -你可以 你可以 |
[10:49] | – I can’t do that. – You can! You can and you will! | -我做不到 -你可以 而且你也要做 |
[10:51] | No, she’ll disappear into her bedroom again. | 不 她会再次躲进房间不出来的 |
[10:53] | Then you’ll get her out again. | 那你就再让她出来 |
[10:55] | There is no easy road here. | 这里没有轻松的路 |
[10:57] | The only person who had an easy out was Toby, | 唯一轻松逃脱的人是托比 |
[10:59] | and he blew it ’cause he’s obsessed with love. | 他毁了大好机会 因为他痴迷于爱 |
[11:01] | Well, that’s what I keep coming back to too. | 我也总是回到这个主题上 |
[11:02] | Don’t we think that love is like pretty good? | 我们不是认为爱是美好的吗 |
[11:04] | Stop making excuses. | 别再找借口了 |
[11:05] | I’m not making excuses. | 我没有找借口 |
[11:06] | I just don’t feel like I’m allowed, okay? | 我只是觉得自己不能这样 好吗 |
[11:08] | Like, I’m not their dad, they didn’t vote me in charge. | 我不是她们的爸爸 她们也没选我管她们 |
[11:11] | Nicholas, are you asking me | 尼古拉斯 你是想让我 |
[11:13] | to talk to Matilda for you? | 替你去跟玛蒂尔达谈吗 |
[11:15] | Because that’s the only other way I can think of helping. | 因为这是我能想到的 唯一的帮忙办法 |
[11:18] | We both agree the teenagers, | 我们都同意青少年 |
[11:20] | the 18-year-olds, | 18岁小孩 |
[11:22] | shouldn’t be getting married, right? | 不应该结婚 对吧 |
[11:24] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -那好 |
[11:25] | So, am I talking to Matilda for you? | 那我要替你去跟玛蒂尔达谈吗 |
[11:27] | Is that what you’re asking me? | 你是想让我这么做吗 |
[11:28] | No. | 不是 |
[11:30] | I don’t think it’s tradition for the mother-in-law | 我觉得传统上不是岳母 |
[11:31] | to call off the wedding. | 来取消婚礼 |
[11:32] | Nicholas, you’re a surprisingly tall man. | 尼古拉斯 你长得可真高 |
[11:35] | Your boyfriend is a trained dentist. | 你的男朋友是个受训牙医 |
[11:37] | You have everything in the world going for you, | 你在世界上的一切都顺风顺水 |
[11:41] | plus a thick piece of paper somewhere | 再加上还有一份厚厚的文件 |
[11:43] | saying that you’re in charge of these little women. | 说你负责这两个小女人 |
[11:45] | I actually haven’t been able to find that piece of paper. | 我其实找不到那一沓文件了 |
[11:50] | Can you do this? | 你能做到吗 |
[12:13] | So I was thinking… | 我在想 |
[12:17] | You know all the people who got married | 你知道我高中里 |
[12:19] | from my high school at 18 were, like, very Christian, | 18岁就结婚的人 他们都是基督徒 |
[12:22] | and I’m pretty sure the only reason why they got married actually | 我很确定他们结婚的唯一原因 |
[12:25] | was so they could have sex, but that’s, um… | 就是为了做爱 但是 |
[12:27] | That’s not really a problem for you, is it? | 那对你来说不是问题 对吧 |
[12:29] | Because you’ve had sex with two people in the last month. | 因为你过去一个月已经和两个人做过爱了 |
[12:31] | Both named Ian. | 还都叫伊恩 |
[12:33] | Yeah, I have. | 对 是的 |
[12:38] | And, you know, I… | 还有你知道 我… |
[12:39] | I was just thinking about how, um… | 我只是在考虑 |
[12:41] | You know, you know, | 你知道的 |
[12:42] | relationships when they’re meant to be… | 感情到了成熟的时候 |
[12:46] | that, um… | 就… |
[12:47] | You don’t have to really prove anything. | 你不需要证明什么 |
[12:50] | Do you? You know, they-they… | 对吧 它们就 |
[12:52] | they sort of just last. | 自然而然会持久 |
[12:58] | Do you know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[13:00] | I think so. | 我想懂吧 |
[13:05] | Matilda, I don’t think you should propose to Drea. | 玛蒂尔达 我觉得你不该向德雅求婚 |
[13:14] | You don’t want me to get married. | 你不想让我结婚 |
[13:18] | Not now. No. ‘Cause you’re 18. | 现在不想 因为你才18岁 |
[13:21] | And I’ve already found my one. | 我已经找到了真命天女 |
[13:24] | I’m lucky. | 我很幸运 |
[13:24] | Do you know who I’d be with | 你知道如果我 |
[13:26] | if I had married my “The one” when I was 18? | 18岁就跟我的”真命”结婚会怎么样吗 |
[13:28] | I’d be with a woman. | 我会跟一个女人在一起 |
[13:29] | A woman named Sally Swensen. | 一个叫莎莉·斯文森的女人 |
[13:32] | Do you think just because I’m autistic | 你觉得因为我有自闭症 |
[13:33] | that means I don’t know whether I’m in love or not? | 我就不知道自己是否爱上别人了吗 |
[13:36] | No. | 不是 |
[13:37] | Matilda, that is not what this is. | 玛蒂尔达 这与你的病无关 |
[13:39] | You’re 18. 18 is too young to get married. | 你才18岁 18岁结婚太早了 |
[13:41] | That’s it. That’s the whole story. | 仅此而已 这就是全部的理由 |
[13:43] | Do you know who else got married when they were 18? | 你知道还有谁18岁就结婚了吗 |
[13:46] | My mum. | 我妈妈 |
[13:48] | This really isn’t your decision. | 这真的不是你的决定 |
[13:49] | I can make decisions for myself. | 我能替自己做决定 |
[13:51] | Oh, it’s just… | 只是 |
[13:53] | Suze wanted me to talk to you about it. | 苏茜想让我跟你谈谈 |
[13:55] | You talked to Suze? | 你跟苏茜说了 |
[13:57] | What? What did you say about me? | 什么 你是怎么说我的 |
[13:59] | Nothing. She was just worried. | 没什么 她只是担心 |
[14:00] | Then why is she worried? | 那她为什么担心 |
[14:02] | Did you make her worried? | 你让她担心的吗 |
[14:03] | She’s worried about her teenage daughter getting married. | 她担心自己的青少年女儿结婚 |
[14:05] | Why can’t you just… support me? | 你为什么不能…支持我 |
[14:09] | Why can’t any of you just support me? | 你们为什么都不支持我 |
[14:11] | I am supporting you. | 我在支持你 |
[14:12] | Okay? This is that. | 好吗 这就是支持 |
[14:13] | This is what that looks like. | 这就是支持的样子 |
[14:15] | You don’t know what I need better than I do. | 你不比我更清楚我要什么 |
[14:17] | I love Drea and I wanna do this. | 我爱德雅 我想这么做 |
[14:19] | If you don’t like it, then just… | 如果你不喜欢 那就 |
[14:21] | stay out of it. | 别管了 |
[14:25] | I can’t stay out of it. | 我不能不管 |
[14:26] | I actually can’t. I’m sorry. | 我真的不能 抱歉 |
[14:28] | I can’t. Not this time. | 我不能 这次不行 |
[14:29] | Okay? This is too big a thing. | 好吗 这件事太重大了 |
[14:31] | You can’t get married at 18. | 你不能在18岁结婚 |
[14:32] | It’s a mistake. I’m sorry. | 这是个错误 抱歉 |
[14:33] | But the answer’s no. | 但不行 |
[14:34] | No, you cannot propose to Drea. | 不 你不能向德雅求婚 |
[14:37] | Get out of my room. | 滚出我房间 |
[14:39] | It’s actually better. | 这样其实更好 |
[14:41] | I’m being the mean disapproving brother. | 我做个刻薄反对的哥哥 |
[14:43] | I’m giving you young forbidden love. | 我在给你年轻的禁忌之恋 |
[14:45] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[14:47] | – Babe. – You don’t know | -宝贝 -你不比我 |
[14:49] | what I need better than I do. | 更清楚我要什么 |
[14:52] | I just wish I could make you feel… | 我只希望我能让你感受到 |
[14:55] | how I do about Drea so you would understand. | 我对德雅的感情 这样你就明白了 |
[15:00] | Matilda… | 玛蒂尔达 |
[15:01] | Get… out! | 滚…出去 |
[16:01] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 |
[16:02] | I brought you to a room of tiny hidden secrets | 我带你来到一个满是隐藏小秘密的屋子 |
[16:04] | and we have a key to one of them. | 我们还有其中一个箱子的钥匙 |
[16:05] | This is Narnia-level shit. | 这是纳尼亚传奇里的故事了 |
[16:07] | I know what a safety deposit room is. | 我知道保险箱房间长什么样 |
[16:09] | I’ve seen movies. | 我看过电影 |
[16:11] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[16:15] | Just stand here. Okay? | 站在这里 好吗 |
[16:17] | All right. | 好了 |
[16:19] | Put that down. | 手臂放下 |
[16:20] | Put that down. | 手臂放下 |
[16:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:25] | – Look. – What is it? | -你看 -这是什么 |
[16:27] | What this is… is it’s a very cute idea | 这是什么呢 是一个你爸爸 |
[16:30] | by your dad, Darren Moss. | 达伦·莫斯的温馨主意 |
[16:32] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[16:37] | Are those mine? | 那些是我的吗 |
[16:38] | Yeah, some of them, look. | 对 一部分是 你看 |
[16:40] | That one’s for your 21st. | 这是给你21岁生日的 |
[16:41] | This… this… | 这个 这个 |
[16:43] | Genevieve’s getting on her 21st. | 是给吉妮芙21岁生日的 |
[16:46] | This right here is for your baby. Ugh. | 这个是给你孩子的 |
[16:48] | What did you get? | 你有什么 |
[16:49] | Yeah. | 这个嘛 |
[16:52] | I don’t get anything. | 我什么也没有 |
[16:53] | Yeah, I asked him and he said | 对 我问了他 然后他说 |
[16:54] | I get to be the keeper of the box. | 我能成为这个保险箱的管理者 |
[16:56] | Do you think he made that up on the day? | 你觉得他是当天现想的吗 |
[16:58] | Uh, definitely, yes. Very hurtful. | 肯定是 非常伤人 |
[17:00] | Quite a painful day for me, actually. | 对我来说很心痛的一天 |
[17:02] | Um, can I feel mine to see | 我能掂量一下 |
[17:04] | if it’s heavier than Genevieve’s? | 我的是否比吉妮芙的重吗 |
[17:05] | No, absolutely not. | 不 绝对不行 |
[17:07] | All you’re here to look at today is this. | 今天你来这里只是为了看这个 |
[17:11] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[17:13] | Well, sorta the theater of it is | 这种事的全部意义就在于 |
[17:14] | that you know what it is without me having to tell you. | 我不告诉你 你自己打开发现是什么 |
[17:17] | Open it. | 打开吧 |
[17:27] | Yeah. | 对 |
[17:29] | There’s only one of these in the whole world. | 这枚戒指世界上只有这一个 |
[17:35] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[17:36] | If you decide to give your mum’s wedding ring to Drea, | 如果你决定把你妈妈的结婚戒指给德雅 |
[17:38] | that’s the only time in your life you’re gonna get to do that. | 你生命中只有这一次机会能做这件事 |
[17:41] | That’s the only person you’re ever gonna get to do that with. | 那是唯一一个你能做这件事的人 |
[17:45] | I thought the diamond was bigger. | 我以为钻石会大些 |
[17:48] | I guess it looked bigger when I was four. | 我猜四岁看时会觉得大些 |
[17:51] | So… | 所以 |
[17:52] | If I’m gonna let you make this decision for yourself, | 如果我让你自己做决定 |
[17:54] | I need to make sure that | 我需要确保 |
[17:55] | you’ve got all the same information as me. | 你得到跟我一样多的信息 |
[17:56] | Right? I need to make sure that you understand | 好吗 我需要确保你明白 |
[17:57] | the significance of it. | 这件事的意义 |
[18:00] | This isn’t just a ring. | 这不仅是一枚戒指 |
[18:02] | This is the story of your family. | 这是你家庭的故事 |
[18:04] | I just wanna make sure that | 我只想确保 |
[18:05] | that’s the story that you want Drea to be a part of. | 你希望德雅成为这个故事的一部分 |
[18:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:13] | Yes, you just explained it to me. | 对 你刚给我解释了 |
[18:16] | Better than I understood it myself. | 比我自己理解的更透彻 |
[18:18] | I want Drea to be part of my family. | 我想让德雅成为我的家人 |
[18:20] | – Right. – I mean, there’s not many of us. | -好吧 -我们家也没有很多人 |
[18:22] | We can add one. | 我们可以加一个 |
[18:27] | – Okay. – Really? | -好吧 -真的吗 |
[18:28] | Okay, yeah. | 好吧 |
[18:29] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[18:32] | I think the ring looks prettier on me. | 我觉得戒指戴在我手上比较好看 |
[18:35] | We can get Drea something else. | 我们可以给德雅买点别的 |
[18:38] | Sure. | 行 |
[18:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:59] | – Run me through it again. – Okay, so, | -再跟我说一遍 -好的 所以 |
[19:01] | I was supposed to talk her out of proposing. | 我本来该劝她不要求婚 |
[19:04] | – Yes. – But instead what I did was | -对 -但我做的事却是 |
[19:06] | I gave her her dead mother’s wedding ring. | 我给了她亡母的结婚戒指 |
[19:07] | – To propose with? – And my full support. | -用来求婚 -还有我全力支持 |
[19:10] | And why did you do that? | 你为什么这么做 |
[19:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:13] | Is it because you’re incapable? | 是因为你没能力吗 |
[19:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:16] | Yeah, I think that might be it. | 对 我想可能是如此 |
[19:17] | – Yeah. – Yeah, yeah. | -对 -对 没错 |
[19:19] | Didn’t you say there was another reason, though? | 你不是说还有一个原因吗 |
[19:21] | Wh… What was it you said? | 你想说什么 |
[19:23] | I think you could just put it down to me being a bozo. | 我觉得你可以说我是个怂包 |
[19:25] | Yes. | 对 |
[19:26] | – You told her… – Yeah. | -你告诉她 -对 |
[19:27] | …to get married because you’re “A bozo”? | 可以结婚 是因为你是个怂包 |
[19:30] | Bozo, yeah. | 怂包 对 |
[19:32] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[19:39] | Okay, Alex, | 好吧 艾利克斯 |
[19:40] | remind me again why it’s the right thing to do, | 再提醒我一次为什么这是正确的事 |
[19:42] | to call Barb back? | 给芭布回电 |
[19:43] | Look, she’s going through a hard time, | 听着 她现在过得很艰难 |
[19:46] | you’re not going through a hard time. | 你没有过得很艰难 |
[19:48] | You can spare her a bit of your sanity. | 你可以把你的理智分她一点 |
[19:50] | Right? | 对吧 |
[19:51] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -对 -好吧 |
[19:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:54] | Yeah. Okay. | 对 好吧 |
[19:56] | Oh. Yeah. | 对 |
[20:00] | Do you need me to dial for you? | 你需要我帮你拨号吗 |
[20:02] | – Yes. – Okay. | -要 -好的 |
[20:03] | Please. Thank you. | 拜托了 谢谢 |
[20:13] | – Hi, please leave a message for me. – Oh. It’s going to voice mail. | -请给我留言 -转到语音留言了 |
[20:15] | This is Barb. | 我是芭布 |
[20:17] | – No. – Go on. | -不 -说吧 |
[20:18] | Go on. | 说吧 |
[20:19] | Go on. | 说吧 |
[20:31] | No. | 不 |
[20:32] | No. | 不 |
[20:34] | No, what just happened? | 不 发生什么了 |
[20:36] | Now-now I’ve called her | 我打给了她 |
[20:37] | and I left a voice mail of me | 留了一条语音留言 |
[20:39] | breathing into her phone. | 全是我朝她电话呼气 |
[20:41] | Okay, well, I guess that means | 好吧 我猜那意味着 |
[20:42] | you have to call her back and apologize. | 你现在得给她回电道歉了 |
[20:46] | Can’t believe she didn’t pick up the phone. | 真不敢相信她没接电话 |
[20:48] | And now she has all the power. | 现在力量都在她手上了 |