时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | We’re about to have gay sex, aren’t we? | 我们马上要享受同性性爱了 对吧 |
[00:21] | Is that not why we’re here, in a bedroom? | 那不正是我们来到这卧室的目的吗 |
[00:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:29] | Yeah, I just… | 好吧 我只是… |
[00:34] | This moment doesn’t feel great. | 这一刻我感觉不太好 |
[00:36] | it’s just… | 只是… |
[00:41] | I haven’t ejaculated since my dad died. | 自从我爸去世后 我就没射过了 |
[00:44] | Yeah, it just really hasn’t felt like a priority, | 讲真 前段时间觉得那不是最重要的事 |
[00:46] | and now… | 现在… |
[00:49] | I guess I’m a little worried that my penis has forgotten. | 恐怕我的阴茎已经忘记它的功能了 |
[01:28] | I promise usually I get erections, okay? | 我保证我平时都会勃起的 好吗 |
[01:29] | Like, my penis is the only reliable thing about me. | 我的阴茎可能是我身上唯一可靠的地方了 |
[01:40] | What else have I got to offer you? | 我还能给你什么呢 |
[01:43] | Let’s find out. | 来探索看看 |
[01:56] | This was $320. I looked it up. | 这瓶酒价值320美元 我特意查过 |
[02:00] | My dad was saving it for a special occasion. | 我爸打算留到特殊场合再喝的 |
[02:02] | An unsuccessful plan | 一个不成功的计划 |
[02:04] | that I do not think we should repeat. | 我觉得我们不应该重蹈他的覆辙 |
[02:10] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:12] | I need you to appreciate that I’m an entomologist. Okay? | 我需要你明白我是个昆虫学家 好吗 |
[02:14] | And not just some creep with a bowl of bugs. | 不是某个养了一罐虫子的变态 |
[02:16] | Okay, I’ll adjust my attitude. | 好吧 我调整一下我的态度 |
[02:18] | These are blue death feigning beetles. | 这些是蓝色装死甲壳虫 |
[02:20] | They’re my favorite at the moment | 目前它们是我的最爱 |
[02:21] | because they match my color story. | 因为它们跟我的颜色故事是一致的 |
[02:23] | The blue is a wax they secrete | 蓝色是它们分泌的一种蜡质 |
[02:25] | so they don’t lose too much moisture when they’re in the desert. | 这样它们身处沙漠时 就不会失去太多水分 |
[02:28] | Their names are Sapphire. | 它们的名字叫蓝宝石 |
[02:32] | This beetle is dead. | 这只甲虫已经死了 |
[02:33] | What? | 什么 |
[02:34] | It’s hard to know how traumatic this is gonna be for you. | 我难以揣测这对你会有多大的打击 |
[02:36] | No, no, no. She’s not dead. She’s just playing. | 不不不 它没死 它只是在玩耍而已 |
[02:38] | She’s like a little actor, like Meryl Streep. | 它是个出色的演员 跟梅丽尔·斯特里普一样 |
[02:40] | Like Gone Girl. | 就像《消失的爱人》 |
[02:42] | I don’t get it. | 我没懂你的意思 |
[02:43] | The movie? They-they fake a death. | 那部电影啊 主人公伪装死亡 |
[02:46] | Is Meryl Streep in it? | 梅丽尔·斯特里普参演了吗 |
[02:48] | – No. – Is it gay? | -没有 -是同性恋题材的吗 |
[02:49] | No. | 不是 |
[02:50] | I wouldn’t have seen it. | 那我肯定没看过 |
[02:53] | Well, the fatal flaw of capitalism is that, | 资本主义的致命缺陷在于 |
[02:54] | to avoid a recession, we have to increase | 要避免大萧条 我们必须持续不断地 |
[02:56] | what we produce and what we consume always and forever. | 增加产出量和消费量 |
[02:59] | We aren’t allowed be satisfied. | 我们不被允许拥有满足的时候 |
[03:00] | We always have to consume more, | 我们永远要消费得更多才行 |
[03:02] | but there isn’t endless more, you know? | 但并没有无止尽的「更多」 你懂吗 |
[03:04] | Just pivoting off that, | 换个话题 |
[03:06] | this is our ornamental vineyard. | 这是我们家的装饰性葡萄园 |
[03:09] | What’s in that one? | 那个里面装的是什么 |
[03:12] | Okay, I’m, like, happy to introduce you to Stephanie, | 好吧 我很乐意介绍你认识斯黛芬妮 |
[03:14] | but you’re absolutely not allowed to be rude to her, okay? | 但你绝对不能对它无礼 明白吗 |
[03:16] | You’re a guest in her house. | 你现在是来到它家的客人 |
[03:18] | She can’t help who she is. | 它也无法决定自己的身份 |
[03:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:25] | Just relax. | 放轻松 |
[03:31] | She’s a rescue. | 它是被我救回来的 |
[03:33] | She’s stunning. | 它太美了 |
[03:35] | Now I’m gonna put her on you. | 现在我把它放到你身上 |
[03:37] | – That’s okay, I’d rather take things slow. – Sit there. | -不用了 我还是希望慢慢来 -坐好了 |
[03:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:41] | Lean back. | 往后仰 |
[03:47] | There you go. | 好了 |
[03:49] | Now compliment her. | 现在 开始赞美它吧 |
[03:51] | Stephanie, you’re very pretty. | 斯黛芬妮 你太美了 |
[03:53] | No, compliment her mind. | 不 赞美它的思想 |
[03:55] | Okay, get her off. | 好了 快拿走 |
[03:56] | Okay, all right, all right. | 好了 没事的 淡定 |
[03:57] | – Just be still. Be still. Be still. – I am still. Okay. | -保持别动 别动 -我没动 好吧 |
[04:00] | Please. | 拜托 |
[04:06] | Okay, well, what’s next? | 好吧 接下来是什么 |
[04:09] | All right, I’ll show you my sisters. | 我带你去认识我的妹妹们 |
[04:17] | That’s them. | 这就是她们 |
[04:21] | I have power of attorney over them. | 我对她们有法定的正式授权 |
[04:23] | Yeah, if one of them goes on life support, | 真的 如果她们其中一个靠维生系统在活命 |
[04:25] | I have to decide when they die. | 我必须决定什么时候让她们死 |
[04:27] | Me. Would you want that? | 我啊 你想要这权利吗 |
[04:29] | I wouldn’t… | 我不会… |
[04:30] | That’s not a good situation. | 那可不是什么好事 |
[04:32] | That was so creepy. | 那也太瘆人了吧 |
[04:34] | That wasn’t creepy, it was cute. | 不瘆人啊 很萌 |
[04:36] | They’re cute. | 她们很萌 |
[04:37] | We like watching them sleep. | 我们喜欢看她们睡觉的样子 |
[04:42] | Do you know how hard it is to keep a pool clean? | 你知道要保持一个泳池干净有多难吗 |
[04:44] | ‘Cause I don’t. | 我可不知道 |
[04:47] | Do you have anything kinky? | 你有什么怪癖好吗 |
[04:50] | No. | 没有 |
[04:51] | Mostly I just like being nice to each other, | 大多数时候 我喜欢对彼此友好 |
[04:53] | I don’t like a lot of fuss. | 我不喜欢小题大做 |
[04:55] | But I can adapt if you need me to do something weird. | 但如果你想做些奇怪的事我可以配合 |
[04:57] | No, no, that’s… | 不 不 |
[04:59] | that’s more or less what I like, too. | 我差不多跟你一样 |
[05:06] | – I’m an American. – Okay. | -我是个美国人 -好吧 |
[05:07] | – I like to put incongruently sweet things – Okay, I’m just saying | -我喜欢吃超甜的东西 -好的 我只是说 |
[05:10] | – on my breakfast plate. – that you came for me | -在早餐盘上 -你来找我 |
[05:11] | for my accent, that was awful. | 来听我超恐怖的口音 |
[05:15] | Good day. A dingo took my baby. | 你好 澳洲野狗叼走了我的宝宝 |
[05:17] | It’s not– I don’t even know why | 不是 我甚至不知道为什么 |
[05:18] | Americans think this is funny. | 美国人觉得这个有意思 |
[05:19] | You know, a dingo actually took that lady’s baby. | 你知道 澳洲野狗真的叼走了那位女士的宝宝 |
[05:22] | Like, a dingo took her baby. | 真的 澳洲野狗叼走了她的宝宝 |
[05:27] | Oh, my God, I’m so sorry. | 天啊 非常抱歉 |
[05:28] | It’s fine. I mean, it didn’t take my baby. | 没事 我是说 叼走的又不是我的宝宝 |
[05:33] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:35] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:39] | Wait. | 等等 |
[05:41] | My crying gave you an erection? | 我的眼泪让你勃起了吗 |
[05:43] | Okay, not just the crying. | 好吧 不只是泪水 |
[05:45] | It was like a cumulative erection. | 是很多东西累加后的勃起 |
[05:51] | I did it. I’m a man. | 我勃起了 我是个男人 |
[05:53] | We can’t here, though. | 不过我们不能在这 |
[05:55] | We have to get it from here to your bed. | 我们得把斗志昂扬的小兄弟转移到你床上 |
[05:56] | It’s like when in The Great British Baking Show | 就像英国烹饪大赛里 |
[05:57] | they have to get a tall cake up to the judges. | 他们要把高高的蛋糕送到裁判面前 |
[06:09] | I’m just not sure if I’m allowed to sleep out here. | 我不确定我能不能睡在这 |
[06:12] | We’ve all slept in Dad’s room every night since he died. | 自从爸爸死后我们都睡在他卧室 |
[06:15] | Okay, like… | 好吧 |
[06:16] | I can’t go home though. | 不过我没法回家 |
[06:17] | Because it’s impossible. | 因为那是不可能的 |
[06:19] | I could sleep here in your… | 我可以睡在你这 |
[06:22] | carpeted garage. | 铺了地毯的车库里 |
[06:25] | I don’t know. Maybe they don’t care. | 我不知道 她们或许不在意 |
[06:27] | Do they care? What do you think? | 她们在意吗 你觉得呢 |
[06:28] | I think that it’s concerning you think | 我觉得你认为我了解这些事 |
[06:30] | I could have any insight into this. | 非常令人担忧 |
[06:32] | I wish I could call an adult. | 我真想打电话给个成年人征求意见 |
[06:35] | Honestly, maybe I’ll get sad not sleeping in Dad’s bed. | 老实说 或许不睡在爸爸房里我会感到难过 |
[06:49] | You can’t sleep like that. | 你可没法这样睡 |
[06:51] | I feel embarrassed that I’ve been so vulnerable | 我感到很难为情 在跟你还不熟的时候 |
[06:53] | for you when you’re a stranger. | 我展示了自己脆弱的一面 |
[06:55] | I’m having a nice time, | 可我甘之如饴啊 |
[06:56] | and I think that you should do what you want to. | 我觉得你应该做你想做的 |
[07:02] | I’m gonna run away now. | 那我现在就走啦 |
[07:40] | See ya. I love you. | 再见 我爱你们 |
[08:03] | Hey, Genevieve. | 吉妮芙 |
[08:04] | Hello, Leonard Jones. | 你好啊 莱纳德·琼斯 |
[08:07] | Can I, can I borrow you for a moment? | 能 能暂借你点时间吗 |
[08:09] | As long as you give me back. | 只要你能还回来 |
[08:11] | Sorry, that was weird. | 对不起 这么说有点奇怪 |
[08:13] | But– but, what you said was weird, | 但 你那么说也很奇怪 |
[08:15] | so I think we can agree to both be embarrassed. | 所以我觉得我们两个扯平了 |
[08:18] | Okay, well, I just… | 好吧 我只是 |
[08:20] | I wanted to say sorry | 我想说对不起 |
[08:22] | for throwing those tampons on you | 在你爸爸去世前 |
[08:23] | before your dad died. | 朝你扔卫生棉条 |
[08:25] | I barely remember it. | 我都快不记得了 |
[08:26] | – Really? – No, I remember. | -真的吗 -假的 我记得 |
[08:29] | You know, I can’t think about anything worse than my dad dying. | 我能想到最糟糕的事就是我爸去世 |
[08:33] | That’s not a “just you” thing. | 那不是个”只有你这样”的事 |
[08:34] | When I told my dad what I did to you, | 当我告诉我爸我对你做了什么时 |
[08:36] | my dad said to me, | 我爸爸跟我说 |
[08:37] | “Leonard, is this who you really are? | “莱纳德 你就是这样的人吗 |
[08:40] | “Do you take on a persona at school, | “还是你在学校扮演 |
[08:42] | like how you think dudes should act?” | 你以为男人应有的样子呢” |
[08:44] | And my dad was totally right. | 我爸爸说得太对了 |
[08:45] | That’s… That’s what I did. | 我就是那么干的 |
[08:47] | So I just… | 所以我只是 |
[08:48] | I wanted to apologize. | 我想道歉 |
[08:51] | Yeah, you did it. | 好 你道过歉了 |
[08:52] | From now on, I’m gonna be the guy who I am inside, | 从现在开始 我要做那个真实的自己 |
[08:55] | you know, and not, not the other dude. | 你知道的 不是其他人 |
[09:13] | Hey, Tilda. | 蒂尔达 |
[09:16] | Good to have you back, buddy. | 欢迎回来 朋友 |
[09:18] | Jeremy wants you to know that he organized this. | 杰里米想让你知道他筹划了这个 |
[09:21] | N-no, no, no, I don’t. | 不 不 不 我没有 |
[09:23] | But you asked me to find a way to mention | 但让我想办法提起 |
[09:25] | the card was your idea. | 这张卡片是你的主意 |
[09:27] | I found a way. | 这就是我想的办法 |
[09:30] | It’s nice. | 这很好 |
[09:31] | I told you so. | 我跟你说过的 |
[09:33] | I thought it looked too much like a celebration. | 我觉得它看上去太像个庆祝会了 |
[09:35] | Tilda, guess what? | 蒂尔达 猜猜看 |
[09:37] | We’ve been practicing how to give our condolences, | 我们练习过如何表达我们的哀悼 |
[09:39] | am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[09:41] | Can we do that later? | 我们能等会儿再做这些吗 |
[09:42] | Okay. Sure. | 可以 当然 |
[09:44] | Matilda, have you been eating a lot of dairy products? | 玛蒂尔达 你吃了很多奶制品吗 |
[09:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:49] | That makes sense. | 原来如此 |
[09:50] | I find when I eat too much dairy, I smell. | 我发现我吃太多奶制品后就会发臭 |
[09:53] | Oh, my god, I smell? | 天呐 我臭吗 |
[09:55] | Yes, that’s why I brought it up. | 是啊 所以我才问你 |
[09:57] | But it’s okay, I’ll help. | 但没关系 我可以帮你 |
[10:01] | It is very sour. | 闻着有股酸味 |
[10:04] | I realize this is something I shouldn’t have brought up. | 也许我说了不该说的话了 |
[10:08] | I-I-I-I need to go shower. | 我…我要去洗个澡 |
[10:10] | I’ll come. | 我和你一起去 |
[10:12] | I won’t follow. | 我不会跟着的 |
[10:15] | Hey, Matilda, you’re back. | 玛蒂尔达 你回来了 |
[10:17] | I’m not being rude. | 我不是故意没礼貌的 |
[10:18] | She can’t talk. | 她没法说话 |
[10:19] | She smells like dairy. | 她身上有乳制品的味道 |
[10:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:27] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗 |
[10:28] | No. | 没有 |
[10:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:39] | So I guess this is how it’s gonna be, | 所以现在情况就是这样了 |
[10:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:45] | Yeah, I think… | 我想…是吧 |
[10:47] | I think this is how it’s gonna be for a bit. | 我觉得最近一段时间都会是这样了 |
[11:01] | It’s nice that he apologized. | 他能道歉还挺好的 |
[11:04] | I’m worried he thought his monologue was so beautiful | 我担心他觉得他的独白太动人 |
[11:06] | that it made me cry. | 把我感动哭了 |
[11:07] | But, like, he just kept bringing up dad | 但是 他总是提起爸爸 |
[11:09] | over and over and over like a psycho. | 一遍又一遍 像个疯子一样 |
[11:12] | I mean, normal people don’t bring it up. | 正常人不会提起这种事 |
[11:14] | Let’s change the subject. What did I miss? | 我们换个话题吧 我错过了什么 |
[11:17] | Tellulah’s been high off the drama. | 塔璐拉兴奋的不得了 |
[11:19] | You’re right, I have been. | 你说得对 确实 |
[11:22] | Literally everybody’s been asking me what type of cancer, | 每个人都在问我是哪种癌症 |
[11:24] | and I was too nervous to ask you, | 可我紧张得不敢问你 |
[11:25] | so I just said it started in the toe. | 所以我告诉他们是从脚趾开始扩散的 |
[11:28] | That’s what happened to Bob Marley. | 鲍勃·马利[雷鬼乐鼻祖]就是这样的 |
[11:31] | Also, Tellulah thinks Mr. Foster has a crush on her. | 还有 塔璐拉觉得福斯特老师喜欢她 |
[11:34] | I don’t think, I know. | 我不是觉得 我是知道 |
[11:37] | It’s beyond his control. | 这是他无法控制的 |
[11:40] | Can we just stay under these coats forever? | 我们能永远待在这些外套下面吗 |
[11:50] | – Hi, Mum. – Hello. | -妈妈 -好啊 |
[11:51] | The gardener stopped coming when dad died, | 爸爸去世后园丁就不来了 |
[11:53] | and I don’t have his number. | 我没有他的号码 |
[11:54] | I’m on the way to the gym. | 我正在去健身房的路上 |
[11:55] | I’ve just had my entire face lasered, but I don’t care. | 我刚刚做了整张脸的激光美容 但我不在乎 |
[11:58] | Should I just get a new gardener? He was a nice gardener. | 我该找个新园丁吗 他是个好园丁 |
[12:01] | I look like I’ve just put makeup on, no one cares. | 我看起来好像刚刚化了妆 但无人在意 |
[12:04] | I just look like I’ve been out in the sun. | 我看起来就像晒过太阳一样 |
[12:05] | That’s all. | 就是这样 |
[12:07] | It’s amazing what they can do with lasers. | 能用激光做出这种效果真是太棒了 |
[12:09] | I think I look exactly the same. | 我看起来完全没变样 |
[12:12] | Well, we’ll see. Are you well, darling? | 等着瞧吧 你还好吗 亲爱的 |
[12:18] | Holding down the fort. | 坚守阵地中 |
[12:20] | Well, don’t forget to enjoy yourself, | 别忘了好好享受 |
[12:21] | you are sacrificing a lot. | 你牺牲了很多 |
[12:23] | You don’t wanna end up all consumed by this | 你不想被这一切吞噬 |
[12:26] | and then you never get your own life. | 然后永远没法过自己的生活 |
[12:28] | Like your Uncle Chris. | 就像你的克里斯叔叔那样 |
[12:30] | He never thought he was good enough. | 他总认为自己不够好 |
[12:31] | Nothing happened for him. | 什么好事都轮不到他 |
[12:32] | – I think I’m good enough. – You are. | -我想我已经够好了 -就是啊 |
[12:34] | You’re the most amazing person. | 你是最棒的人 |
[12:38] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[12:40] | I’m getting a bit teary. | 我都要哭了 |
[12:43] | You’ve just always been really nice. | 你真的一直都很好 |
[12:46] | And I don’t wanna see people taking advantage of that | 我不想看别人利用你这点 |
[12:48] | and then you get left out of things. | 然后把你遗忘在一边 |
[12:50] | The old gay by the fire. | 壁炉边的老同性恋 |
[12:53] | How depressing. | 真郁闷 |
[12:54] | I have to go now, Mum. | 妈妈 我得挂了 |
[12:56] | I did it again. I said I wasn’t gonna do that. | 我又这样了 我说过我不会再这样的 |
[12:58] | I got serious. | 我入戏太深了 |
[13:00] | I’m not depressed or anything. | 我没有沮丧什么的 |
[13:01] | Well, good. You don’t have anything to be depressed about. | 很好 你没有什么可沮丧的 |
[13:04] | Thanks, mum. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[13:05] | I’m here now. I’m at the gym. | 我到了 我现在在健身房 |
[13:07] | There’s this instructor with the most incredible body. | 这有一个身材超级棒的教练 |
[13:10] | – Talk to you soon, darling. – Bye. | -下次再聊 亲爱的 -拜拜 |
[13:57] | Hello? | 你好 |
[13:58] | Hey, Nicholas, it’s Sam. | 尼古拉斯 我是萨姆 |
[14:02] | Matilda’s been very determined | 玛蒂尔达已经决定好 |
[14:04] | to apply to Juilliard, | 申请茱莉亚学院了 |
[14:05] | which is so exciting. | 太令人兴奋了 |
[14:07] | – Has she mentioned this to you? – Constantly. | -她跟你提过这个吗 -就没停过嘴 |
[14:09] | If she were to get into Juilliard, let’s say, | 如果她进了茱莉亚学院 |
[14:12] | but now with your loss and everything that’s going on, | 考虑到你的损失和发生的一切 |
[14:15] | I’m concerned we’re being too ambitious here. | 我担心我们太激进了 |
[14:16] | Yeah, I’d like to hear a lot from you about this, I promise, | 我很想听你的意见 我保证 |
[14:18] | it’s just that now is, like, not a good time. | 只是现在不是时候 |
[14:20] | Okay, no worries. | 好吧 别担心 |
[14:21] | It’s just with less than a year left, | 只是现在只剩下不到一年了 |
[14:23] | we need to put some structures in place, | 我们需要把事情安排好 |
[14:25] | but you’re busy now, so another time. | 但你现在很忙 所以改天吧 |
[14:28] | Yeah. No, but this sounds important. | 好的 不对 但这听起来很重要 |
[14:30] | Yeah, usually… | 没错 通常… |
[14:31] | Wait. Don’t you have to go now? | 等等 你不是要挂电话吗 |
[14:33] | Yeah, sorry, I gotta… I… | 是的 抱歉 我得… |
[14:34] | Okay, great. | 好吧 没问题 |
[14:36] | Bye. | 拜 |
[14:42] | No. No, Larry, not now, not now. | 不不 拉瑞 现在不行 |
[14:55] | How-how was it? | 怎么样 |
[14:57] | What is happening? | 怎么回事 |
[15:00] | Yeah, I… | 这个 我… |
[15:01] | I got locked out, and then I fell | 我被锁在门外了 然后我摔倒了 |
[15:03] | and then… this. | 然后就这样了 |
[15:05] | No! That looks broken. | 糟了 那看上去像骨折 |
[15:07] | Yeah. This? I think it might be, babe. | 什么 这个吗 我觉得有可能 宝贝 |
[15:08] | Genevieve, I need you. | 吉妮芙 我需要你 |
[15:09] | I cannot bear your mutation. | 我真受不了你的突变 |
[15:11] | I’ll pop it back in. | 我把它复位 |
[15:12] | You will do no such thing. | 你不能这么干 |
[15:13] | I can do it. I watched a video. | 我可以的 我看过视频 |
[15:14] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[15:15] | – Yes! Yes! – No, no. | -行 行 -不行 不行 |
[15:17] | Step back. | 后退 |
[15:18] | Why didn’t you go to the hospital? | 你为什么不去医院 |
[15:19] | I wanted to be here when you got home. | 我想等你们回家 |
[15:21] | Well, that was nice. | 真贴心 |
[15:22] | My one job. | 这是我唯一的工作 |
[15:23] | Also, misguided. | 但有些跑偏 |
[15:26] | Yeah. Yeah, it was. | 是啊 没错 |
[15:28] | Don’t worry. We’ll figure this out. | 别担心 我们会解决的 |
[15:29] | – When did this happen? – I don’t know. | -这是什么时候发生的 -我不知道 |
[15:31] | Somewhere between five minutes and three weeks ago. | 过去五分钟和过去三周之间吧 |
[15:33] | – How? – It doesn’t matter. | -怎么可能 -无所谓 |
[15:36] | My hands were, like, the only symmetrical thing about me. | 我的手 是我唯一互相对称的部位了 |
[15:39] | I want to help! | 我想帮忙 |
[15:40] | Get away, get away, get away. | 走开 走开 走开 |
[15:41] | I’ll get the First Aid kit. | 我去拿急救箱 |
[15:42] | Matilda, you are not a doctor. | 玛蒂尔达 你不是医生 |
[15:43] | You’ve never been a doctor. | 你从来不是医生 |
[15:44] | And you will never be a doctor. | 你也永远不会成为医生 |
[15:46] | You’re supposed to tell me I can be anything. | 你应该说我可以成为任何人 |
[15:48] | Everybody has their limits. | 所有人都有极限 |
[15:49] | Then we should go to the hospital. | 那我们应该去医院 |
[15:52] | None of us drive. | 我们都不会开车 |
[15:53] | I have been meaning to talk to you about that. | 我想跟你说说这事来着 |
[15:56] | You’re taking a picture? | 你在拍照吗 |
[15:57] | I’m-I’m ordering a car. | 我在叫车 |
[15:59] | You know, solving the problem. | 解决问题 |
[16:01] | Okay, well, would you maybe take a picture? | 好吧 那你能也拍个照吗 |
[16:04] | Yeah, sure. | 嗯 行 |
[16:09] | Leilani is, 28 minutes away. | 莱拉妮 要28分钟后到 |
[16:12] | Twenty-eight minutes away? Why do we live out here? | 28分钟 我们为什么住荒郊野外 |
[16:15] | I wish we lived in Paris. | 我希望我们住在巴黎 |
[16:16] | Where’s he going now? | 他现在要去哪 |
[16:17] | No one’s ever gonna love me like this. | 我这样没人会喜欢我了 |
[16:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:21] | Okay. Le-let’s distract you. | 好吧 我们来分散你的注意力 |
[16:23] | – Please. – We could tell you a story. | -拜托了 -我们可以给你讲个故事 |
[16:25] | Or would you prefer to tell us a story? | 或你更想给我们讲故事 |
[16:26] | Because you’re so self-involved. | 因为你总是以自我为中心 |
[16:28] | Why are you being so mean? | 你为什么这么刻薄 |
[16:29] | I’m trying to distract you. | 我是想分散你的注意力 |
[16:32] | – Thanks. – Nicholas, do you have your insurance card? | -谢了 -尼古拉斯 你有社保卡吗 |
[16:34] | I remember getting one. | 我记得办了 |
[16:35] | – Boy. – You’d have to take it with you. | -天哪 -你得把卡带着去医院 |
[16:37] | They expect me to know where that is? | 他们以为我知道卡在哪吗 |
[16:39] | Why else do you think they sent it? | 不然他们把卡寄来意义何在 |
[16:41] | Nicholas, story! | 尼古拉斯 讲故事 |
[16:43] | I have a story I was gonna tell anyway. | 反正我有个想讲的故事 |
[16:44] | I have story about Genevieve. | 关于吉妮芙的故事 |
[16:46] | – Sure. – Will we get a story about me afterwards? | -行 -之后能有个关于我的故事吗 |
[16:49] | No, I don’t… | 不 我不是… |
[16:51] | Maybe. Yeah, maybe. | 也许 也许可以 |
[16:52] | So, all right, so you were kids, right? | 好了 当时你们都还小 对吧 |
[16:55] | So far the facts check out. | 目前为止这点没错 |
[16:56] | And, like… I don’t know how much of this you remember. | 我不知道你还记得多少 |
[16:58] | Do you remember hating me? | 你记得你讨厌我吗 |
[16:59] | Yeah, ’cause you were coming here and stealing my dad. | 记得 因为你要过来偷走我爸 |
[17:02] | That is so unfair | 这话太不道义了 |
[17:03] | because you literally stole my dad. | 因为明明是你们偷走了我爸 |
[17:05] | He’s right. We did. | 他说得对 是我们偷了爸爸 |
[17:08] | So… | 所以 |
[17:09] | you were having this tantrum one day, I don’t know why, | 有一天你在发脾气 我不知道原因 |
[17:11] | I, like, took a bite of your sandwich or something. | 也许是我咬了一口你的三明治什么的 |
[17:13] | I don’t remember, but I do stand by my tantrum. | 我不记得 但我发脾气肯定有理 |
[17:16] | And that triggered Matilda having one of her meltdowns | 你的脾气导致了玛蒂尔达开始崩溃 |
[17:18] | about, oh, God knows what. | 关于天知道什么事情 |
[17:20] | I used to get upset out of empathy for Genevieve. | 我总是出于同情为吉妮芙生气 |
[17:22] | Thank you, Matilda. | 谢谢 玛蒂尔达 |
[17:24] | I love you both. | 我爱你们俩 |
[17:26] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[17:27] | We should ice it. | 我们该冰敷 |
[17:31] | Sorry, I just… I can’t remember | 抱歉 我只是 我记不得 |
[17:32] | where I’m at in this story. | 我的故事说到哪了 |
[17:33] | As usual, you’re remembering yourself as the hero in the story, | 和往常一样 你记得自己是故事的英雄 |
[17:36] | and everyone else as the villain. | 其他人都是恶棍 |
[17:37] | You were a villain child. | 你就是个恶棍小孩 |
[17:39] | You used to come into my room when I was napping, | 你以前总是在我睡觉时进我的房间 |
[17:40] | start crying, and then tell Dad that I hit you when I didn’t. | 开始大哭 并向爸爸告状我打你 但我并没有 |
[17:43] | – The ice tray is empty. – You always add 20 percent. | -冰盒空了 -你加油添醋了20% |
[17:45] | You exaggerate. | 你总是夸张 |
[17:46] | You always subtract 20 percent. | 你总是忽略20% |
[17:48] | You used to steal from me. | 你以前总偷我东西 |
[17:50] | You steal one puff pen… | 你偷了一支泡泡笔 |
[17:51] | We’re out of frozen peas. | 我们没有冷冻豆了 |
[17:54] | We’re not out, babe, we don’t buy them. | 我们不是没有了 宝贝 我们从来不买 |
[17:56] | I didn’t live this long and work this hard | 我活这么久 工作那么努力 |
[17:57] | to slum it with frozen vegetables. | 可不是为了吃冷冻蔬菜 |
[17:59] | Actually freezing vegetables | 其实冷冻蔬菜 |
[18:00] | preserves their nutritional content. | 保留了营养成分 |
[18:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:04] | Matilda, I don’t think we need ice. | 玛蒂尔达 我觉得我们不需要冰 |
[18:06] | Yes, we have to ice it. | 不 我们得冰敷 |
[18:07] | – We have to. – Am I pale? | -必须冰敷 -我看着苍白吗 |
[18:10] | Nicole Kidman is pale and you love her. | 妮可·基德曼还苍白呢 你不照样爱她 |
[18:11] | Spinach! | 菠菜 |
[18:13] | Okay, so Matilda’s meltdown | 好吧 玛蒂尔达的崩溃 |
[18:14] | triggers Genevieve having a second bigger tantrum this time | 引起了吉妮芙发第二轮更大的脾气 而这一次 |
[18:18] | about the fact that anytime Genevieve gets upset | 是关于吉妮芙随时都可能发脾气 |
[18:20] | Matilda gets more upset, | 而玛蒂尔达更加生气 |
[18:21] | so then Genevieve never gets any attention. | 这样吉妮芙就永远得不到关注了 |
[18:23] | Is this the only part of the story I’m in? | 这是我在故事里的唯一角色吗 |
[18:25] | Matilda, think you’ve forgotten your act of listening skills. | 玛蒂尔达 我想你忘了倾听技能 |
[18:27] | And I’d like to preface that I understand suicide isn’t funny, | 我想申明我明白自杀不好笑 |
[18:30] | and I know lisps aren’t funny, | 我也知道口齿不清不好笑 |
[18:31] | but then, because of Genevieve’s lisp, | 但因为吉妮芙的口齿不清 |
[18:33] | when she tried to announce that she’s gonna go and suicide, | 当她说自己要自杀时 |
[18:35] | it came out as “thuicide,” which is just… | 她说成了”痣杀” 于是就… |
[18:38] | I mean, that’s undeniably funny. | 那也太好笑了 |
[18:40] | I’m on the edge of my seat, | 我真是”紧张”得不行 |
[18:41] | waiting to hear what happens next. | 迫不及待听接下去会如何 |
[18:42] | So you flounce off in a tantrum, | 然后你气急败坏地离开 |
[18:44] | but I couldn’t go with you, | 但我不能跟你一起走 |
[18:44] | ’cause I had to help Matilda. | 因为我得帮助玛蒂尔达 |
[18:46] | This will help with the swelling. | 这能帮你消除肿胀 |
[18:48] | I’m sorry, honey, | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[18:49] | but I’m absolutely not putting that on my finger. | 但我绝对不会把这玩意放在我手指上 |
[18:52] | Then why did you have me make it? | 那你为什么让我弄 |
[18:53] | I don’t think I did. Did I? Did I? | 我没有啊 我有吗 有吗 |
[18:55] | Wait, wait. So you didn’t look for me | 等等 所以你没来找我 |
[18:57] | even though I was planning to suicide? | 尽管我打算自杀 |
[18:59] | – “Thuicide”? – You weren’t going to “thuicide.” | -是”痣杀” -你才不会”痣杀”呢 |
[19:01] | You don’t know that. | 你又不知道 |
[19:02] | You were always all talk. | 你总是只会说大话 |
[19:03] | What happens next? | 那接下去呢 |
[19:04] | Well, then I find Genevieve in the car, | 然后我发现吉妮芙在车里 |
[19:07] | all dramatic and dead-looking. | 戏精上身 还一脸死相 |
[19:08] | But you weren’t dead, were you, babe? | 但你没死 是吧 宝贝 |
[19:09] | Not physically. | 身体还没死 |
[19:10] | For some reason, you thought | 不知为何 你认为 |
[19:11] | that leaving the heater on in the car | 把车里的暖风开着 |
[19:13] | was a way to commit suicide. | 就能够自杀 |
[19:14] | – It works on dogs! – She’s right. | -狗狗这样就会死 -她说得对 |
[19:18] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[19:18] | And then you had this, like, suicide note in your hand. | 然后你手里拿着一封遗书 |
[19:22] | I did not have a suicide note in my hand. | 我手里没有遗书 |
[19:23] | Oh, my God, I’m so glad you don’t remember this. | 我的天 我好开心你不记得这些了 |
[19:26] | I’m just thrilled you don’t remember this. | 我很高兴你不记得这些了 |
[19:28] | You used to be fat, I remember that. | 你以前超胖 我记得这点 |
[19:30] | I found the suicide note this morning. | 今早我找到了这封遗书 |
[19:34] | It reads, “I tried to warn him, but he didn’t listen. | 上面写着 “我试图警告他 但他不肯听 |
[19:37] | “I don’t want this to hurt anybody, just Nicholas. | 我不想伤害别人 只想伤害尼古拉斯 |
[19:40] | Pet Winona goodbye for me.” | 替我摸摸威诺纳以示告别” |
[19:42] | And then it goes on to say, | 之后还写着 |
[19:43] | “Nicholas is a faggot.” | “尼古拉斯是个基佬” |
[19:45] | You can’t say that! | 你不能说这个 |
[19:46] | Well, it is pretty impressive I knew before you did. | 我比你还早知道了你的性取向 我真是厉害 |
[19:55] | Is Leilani close? | 莱拉妮快到了吗 |
[20:02] | She-she canceled. | 她取消了 |
[20:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:20] | L-lisps aren’t funny, | 口齿不清不好笑 |
[20:22] | Suicide isn’t funny, | 自杀不好笑 |
[20:23] | But her yelling that she wanted to commit “thuicide” is funny. | 但她喊着她想要”痣杀”就很好笑 |
[20:26] | Wait, your sister tried to kill herself? | 等等 你妹妹想自杀吗 |
[20:28] | Not recently. She was just being a dramatic little girl. | 不是最近 她小时候容易戏精上身 |
[20:32] | That’s pretty messed up. | 那真糟糕 |
[20:33] | Oh, no, I-I… | 不不 我… |
[20:34] | Oh, no, I just didn’t tell the story right. | 不是的 我只是讲得不对 |
[20:36] | It was funny. | 其实很有趣 |
[20:38] | Suicide is not very funny. | 自杀不有趣 |
[20:39] | No, but the story is. | 没错 但是这个故事很有趣 |
[20:42] | Wait. Let me tell it again. | 等等 我重新说一遍 |
[20:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:44] | So Genevieve is seven | 吉妮芙7岁 |
[20:45] | and I’m ten and Nicholas is 18. | 我10岁 尼古拉斯18岁 |
[20:48] | And Genevieve starts having another tantrum. | 然后吉妮芙又大发脾气 |