英文名称:Everyone Says I Love You
年代:1996
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | [ translation & synchronization: loco-whopper ] | [ 中文翻译、字幕同步:疯狂弥天大幌 ] |
[00:30] | 《人人都说我爱你》 | |
[00:38] | Just you… | 只有你… |
[00:41] | just me. | 只有我。 |
[00:44] | Let’s find a cosy spot… | 让我们去寻找个没人会发觉的… |
[00:48] | where no one can see. | 安逸舒适的小窝。 |
[00:51] | Just us… | 只有我们… |
[00:55] | just we. | 只有我们。 |
[00:58] | We’ve missed an awful lot… | 我们已经错过了许多… |
[01:02] | what bliss it’ll be! | 幸福将临的时刻! |
[01:06] | Oh gee! | 噢,天呐! |
[01:09] | What are your charms for? | 你的魅力为谁而展示? |
[01:13] | What are my arms for? | 我的双臂为谁而打开? |
[01:16] | Use your imagination! | 发挥你的想象力! |
[01:24] | Just you… | 只有你… |
[01:28] | just me. | 只有我。 |
[01:30] | We’ll tie a lover’s knot… | 我们要打一个同心结, |
[01:34] | just say you love me. | 就说你爱我。 |
[01:52] | Just he… | 只有他… |
[01:55] | just she. | 只有她, |
[01:58] | And what a perfect plot… | 多么完美的计划, |
[02:02] | just say you love me. | 就说你爱我。 |
[02:06] | Oh gee! | 噢,天呐! |
[02:07] | Oh my! | 噢,天! |
[02:09] | It’s finally springtime… | 春天终于来临, |
[02:13] | birds-on-the-wing time… | 小鸟展翅高飞, |
[02:16] | and what a lovely day for love. | 多么可爱的一天,心中充满爱意。 |
[02:20] | Just me… | 只有我… |
[02:21] | just you. | 只有你。 |
[02:23] | Just you… | 只有你… |
[02:25] | just me. | 只有我。 |
[02:26] | A bit of paradise… | 仿佛置身天堂, |
[02:29] | right here for us two. | 只有你我两人。 |
[02:33] | Just you… | 只有你… |
[02:37] | Just me. | 只有我。 |
[02:40] | Let’s find a cosy spot… | 让我们去寻找个没人会发觉的… |
[02:43] | where no one can see. | 安逸舒适的小窝。 |
[02:47] | Just us… | 只有我们… |
[02:49] | just the two of us… | 只有我们两个, |
[02:51] | just we… | 只有我们… |
[02:52] | mighty few of us. | 我们个别几人。 |
[02:54] | We’ve missed an awful lot… | 我们已经错过了许多… |
[02:57] | what bliss it’ll be! | 幸福将临的时刻! |
[03:16] | Just you… | 只有你… |
[03:20] | just me. | 只有我。 |
[03:23] | We’ll tie a lover’s knot… | 我们要打一个同心结, |
[03:28] | just say you love me. | 就说你爱我。 |
[03:34] | That’s my sister Skylar and her boyfriend Holden. | 那就是我姐姐丝凯拉 和她的男朋友霍尔登。 |
[03:37] | And that’s me. | 那个是我。 |
[03:38] | I am Djuna: D-J-U-N-A. | 噢,我叫朱娜:D-J-U-N-A。 |
[03:41] | Everyone calls me DJ. | 大伙儿都叫我DJ。 |
[03:44] | I’m gonna level with you. | 我跟你们实话实说: |
[03:46] | We’re not the typical family from a musical comedy. | 我们不属于那种你在音乐喜剧中 会看到的典型的家庭。 |
[03:49] | For one thing, we got dough. | 一则我们很有钱, |
[03:51] | And we live on Park Avenue in a penthouse apartment. | 我们住在派克大街【纽约豪华大街】 的一所大公寓里,带阁楼的顶层公寓。 |
[03:56] | Dad’s a lawyer. I mean, I call him ‘Dad’, but really he’s ‘Stepdad.’ | 老爸是名律师。我是说我叫他老爸, 但实际上他只是我的继父。 |
[04:01] | Because there’s original Dad, right…? | 因为你看我也有生父,对吧? |
[04:03] | who married Mom, and they had me. | 他和我妈妈结了婚,生下了我。 |
[04:05] | And then there’s Stepdad, who had 2 kids with his first wife… | 至于我继父,他和他第一任妻子 生有两个孩子…… |
[04:09] | Okay, look, maybe this is getting confusing for you. | 好吧,你看,也许我已经把你们 绕得有点糊涂了。 |
[04:12] | You see, there are Lane and Laura. | 看到没有,那边是莲恩和劳拉, |
[04:14] | My half-sisters. They are great. | 她们是我同母异父的妹妹, 她们真的很不错。 |
[04:17] | A little twitty at times, but… | 尽管时不时地斗斗嘴,但是… |
[04:19] | we love each other and have a million laughs together. | 我们彼此相爱,一同度过了 许多充满欢笑的时光。 |
[04:23] | And my stepbrother Scott, who’s very smart… | 当然还有和我没有血缘关系的哥哥 斯科特,他人很聪明, |
[04:25] | but he’s in trouble with the family because he’s a Republican… | 但是目前他和整个家庭格格不入, 因为他成了保守的共和派, 《全国评论》 |
[04:30] | which made my stepfather have a stroke, since we’re Democrats. | 那引起了我继父的心脏病发作, 因为我们都属于自由的民主派。 |
[04:34] | How do you expect people on welfare to develop initiative? | 你怎么能指望那帮依靠福利 领着救济的家伙们会有什么动力? |
[04:39] | You mean someone who can’t work should just be discarded? | 你什么意思?那些出于某种原因 不能工作的的人就应该被弃之不顾? |
[04:43] | Welfare does not work. It’s the same liberal fantasy world… | 福利政策根本行不通, 就像那些不允许在学校里进行祈祷… |
[04:47] | as not allowing school prayer and coddling criminals. | 以及对罪犯姑息纵容的政策一样, 它只存在于自由派的幻想世界中。 |
[04:51] | I can’t believe I’m having this talk with my own son. | 我无法相信这是和我自己儿子之间的谈话, 我的亲生骨肉,真是难以置信。 |
[04:55] | Unless Republican pods in the basement took over your body. | 莫非你已经被共和派的胡言乱语 完全控制而变成了个白痴。 |
[04:58] | Not pods, Dad. | 我可不是白痴,老爸。 |
[05:00] | Ideas. Virile, modern ideas. | 我有思想,阳刚的、现代的思想。 |
[05:03] | A strong America. The right to bear arms. | 一个强大的美国,拥有携带武器的权利。 |
[05:06] | Arms? Guns? | 武器?你什么意…枪械吗? |
[05:07] | Are you crazy? What’s up with you? I just don’t understand you! | 你疯了吗?你究竟怎么回事? 我再也没法理解你了! |
[05:12] | Relax. | 轻松点,鲍勃! |
[05:13] | Excuse me. Steffi, bring down a copy of my will and an eraser. | 等等…等等,抱歉。 斯蒂菲, 拿份我遗嘱的副本来,还有字迹修正液,行吗? |
[05:19] | If Dad’s a Liberal Democrat, then Mom’s even more extreme. | 如果老爸只是个自由民主派的话, 那么我不得不说我老妈做得更过分, |
[05:24] | She’s a guilty Liberal Democrat. | 她是个深感内疚的自由民主派。 |
[05:26] | He grew up poor and knows what it’s like to work like a dog. | 你看,我老爸出生贫寒,他知道 像条狗一样玩命工作是怎么感觉, |
[05:30] | Mom came from money and luxury and… | 而我老妈家境富裕阔绰… |
[05:32] | spends all her time doing volunteer work for everybody. | 你知道,她把她的所有时间花在了, 你知道,给其他人做义工上面了。 |
[05:36] | She’s with the Civil Liberties Union and Save the Whales… | 我是说,你看,她参加了“全美公民 自由联合会”,还有“救鲸组织”, |
[05:41] | and raises dough for the Whitney museum and the hospital… | 她为“惠特尼博物馆”以及 “雷诺克斯山医院”筹措资金。 |
[05:45] | and she’s always doing something… | 你知道,她总是忙这忙那, |
[05:47] | Iike throwing some chic soiree to help the N. Y. Philharmonic. | 比如说举办个别致的社交晚会啥的, 来帮助“纽约交响乐团”。 |
[06:57] | Lane and Laura go to Nightingale, a ritzy school on 92nd street. | 莲恩和劳拉上的是“南丁格尔”, 一所位于东92大街的贵族学校。 |
[07:01] | White truffles are so much better… | 白块菌比黑块菌… |
[07:04] | Better than dark truffles. | 美味得多。比其它调味品…… |
[07:06] | My God! | 噢,老天! |
[07:07] | My God, there he is! | 噢,老天,他又来了! |
[07:09] | – He’s so gorgeous. – Who is he? | – 他太帅了。 – 他是谁? |
[07:11] | We don’t know. We always see him round here. | 我们也不太知道, 只是瞧着他老在这一带出没。 |
[07:15] | She’s in love from afar. | 她默默地爱上他了,隔着老远。 |
[07:17] | We’ll find a way to get her to meet him. | 那么我们总可找个法子让她和他碰上。 |
[07:19] | Please, no humiliating schemes. | 拜托,别想自讨没趣的歪招了。 |
[07:24] | My mom is in with a patient. | 各位,我老妈在里面,和个病人在一起。 |
[07:26] | Claire’s their best friend. Her mom’s a shrink. | 克莱尔是她俩的死党,她妈妈是个 心理医生,在“中央公园”西边开了家诊所。 |
[07:30] | Years ago, Claire drilled a hole in the wall. | 几年前,克莱尔在墙上秘密地凿了个孔, |
[07:33] | We get our kicks after school by tuning in on her clientele. | 你知道,有时放学后,我们就去 偷窥她的病人找点乐子。 |
[07:39] | I’ve been having these fantasies about… | 我经常有那些幻想… |
[07:43] | other men and… | 和其他男人…呃… |
[07:46] | it makes me feel… | 你知道,这让我感觉… |
[07:48] | bad, and… | 很糟,有种…呃… |
[07:50] | guilty. | 你知道,负罪感。 |
[07:52] | I had that elevator dream… | 噢,我又做了那个电梯… |
[07:55] | again… | 的梦, |
[07:57] | and… | 呃… |
[07:58] | I’m in the elevator and… | 我梦见在电梯里, |
[08:01] | it just keeps going up and up… | 它一直往上开,不停地开啊… |
[08:04] | and up. | 开。 |
[08:07] | Now you must meet Grandpa. | 你也应该认识一下我爷爷, |
[08:09] | 88 years old. | 他88岁了。 |
[08:12] | Found him at Grand Central. He thought he was in the park. | 在“中央车站”找到他的。 他以为自己在植物园里。 |
[08:16] | You must watch him. | 你一定要盯牢他。 |
[08:18] | Last year he wandered out in a towel… | 去年有一次他从浴室里裹着条毛巾就跑了出来, |
[08:21] | and got in line in Times Square. | 到“时代广场”排起了队。 |
[08:24] | We sent Frieda to get him back. | 我们不得不让弗里达去把他领回来。 |
[08:26] | She’s our maid. I think she was Hitler’s maid at Berchtesgaden. | 噢,她是我们的女管家。我个人倒认为不如叫她是 希特勒在“贝希特斯加登别墅”的女管家。 |
[08:31] | But she’s the only one who can handle Grandpa. | 但是她是唯一一个能搞定爷爷的人。 |
[08:35] | I found your arch supports… | 你看,我在炖菜锅里发现了… |
[08:37] | in the stew. How did they get there? | 你的足拱撑。它们怎么会跑到那里面去的? 【~!・#¥%…―*(德语)】 |
[08:42] | Finally, there’s my dad, who lives in Paris, but visits a lot. | 最后介绍下我老爸,他住在巴黎, 但他经常来看我们。 |
[08:47] | He and my stepdad are great friends. | 他和我继父是好朋友。 |
[08:49] | I think he still loves Mom, though they’ve been divorced for years. | 如果你问我,我要说他依然迷恋着我老妈, 尽管他们已经离婚好多年了。 |
[08:54] | They’re all friends, and they come to each other with their problems. | 他们之间都算朋友,如果有了什么困难, 他们都会相互交流一下。 |
[08:58] | I can’t believe it. Giselle left me. | 真难以置信,吉塞尔离开了我! |
[09:01] | Look at this face. | 瞧瞧这张脸,瞧瞧这张脸! |
[09:02] | She suddenly left me with my best friend. | 她突然间就离开了我, 和我最好的朋友在一起了…… |
[09:05] | No warning? | 事先没有什么预兆吗? |
[09:06] | Nothing. The two of them… Did you ever see anyone so…? | 啥都没有!他们两个… 看看这个,你们以前有没有碰到过…… |
[09:09] | I’m so distraught, over this, I can’t tell you. | 你知道这都快让我发狂了, 我不知道该怎么说! |
[09:12] | I’ll kill myself. | 我要…你知道…我要去自杀。 |
[09:14] | I’ll go back to Paris and jump off the Eiffel Tower. I’ll be dead. | 这就是为什么…我要…我要回到巴黎去, 从埃菲尔铁塔上一跃而下,一下就死翘翘了。 |
[09:17] | If I get the Concorde, I could be dead 3 hours earlier. | 实际上要是我坐上架“协和”飞机, 我可以提前三个小时死,真是太好了。 |
[09:22] | Or, wait a minute… | 或者,等一下, |
[09:23] | with the time change… | 考虑到时差因素… |
[09:25] | I could be alive 6 hours in New York, but dead 3 hours in Paris. | – 我可以在纽约多活六个小时,而在巴黎早死三个小时。 – 冷静,冷静点。你先坐下行吗?放松点! |
[09:29] | I could get things done, and also be dead. | 我可以料理好一切,然后再去死。 |
[09:31] | You didn’t see the signs. She must have given you some signs. | 不,等等!你没觉察出某些迹象吗? 她肯定向你露出些迹象了,乔,我是说…… |
[09:35] | You think I’m an idiot? | 什么迹象?你什么意…你以为我是傻子吗? |
[09:37] | What kind of signs? Finding his photo in her underwear drawer? | 什么…什么样的迹象,你以为她会给我? 我在她的内衣抽屉里发现他的照片? |
[09:41] | Or saying his name as she climaxed? | 还是我们做爱达到高潮时她会念叨他的名字? |
[09:44] | – I don’t mean that. – No, that’s what happened. | – 不,我不是这个意思。 – 别价,的确这些都发生过。 |
[09:47] | I just couldn’t put it together. | – 什么?!乔,噢,我的天呐! – 我只是没有料到,我只是没有把这些联系起来。 |
[09:49] | I’m glad you didn’t marry her. I told you, ‘Don’t do it.’ | 你知道,我真的很高兴你没有和她结婚。 还记得吗?我跟你说过“别结婚”。 |
[09:53] | I’d have been happy to. | 我真的很想结婚。 |
[09:54] | I’m really glad. Want some wine or something? | 我是说我真的很高兴。 你要不要喝点什么?要不要来点儿酒? |
[09:58] | Anything. I must have a drink. | 什么都行,我是要喝点什么。 |
[10:00] | You know what’s sad? | 你知道…你知道最糟的是什么吗? |
[10:02] | I thought everything was going well, that things were… | 我以为一切都会好起来, 我以为一切都会…你知道…… |
[10:05] | You always pick the wrong women. | 是啊,你总是选错女人。 |
[10:08] | – I picked you. – We got divorced. | – 嘿,我选过你。 – 没错,我们离婚了。 |
[10:11] | You were impossible to live with. | 对,那是因为没法和你共同生活。 |
[10:13] | I was impossible? I love this! | 没法和我共同生活?说得真是太好了! |
[10:16] | You couldn’t decide whether to be a psychoanalyst or a writer. | 你自己连想要做个心理医生 还是做个作家都考虑不清楚。 |
[10:20] | So I compromised. I became a writer and a patient. | 是啊,所以我折中了一下, 我成了一个看心理医生的作家。 |
[10:23] | Wail find you someone. We know a lot of people. | 你知道我们可以帮你找个女人。我们有… 我们认识不少人。我们能给他找个合适的…? |
[10:27] | I’ve been trying since we got divorced to find him someone. | 自从我们离婚后我就一直试着 给他找个合适的女人, |
[10:30] | Someone to match his personality. | 一个和他的个性相配的人。 |
[10:33] | Honey, bring another glass! | 可是我开始…亲爱的,再拿个杯子过来! |
[10:36] | I’m wondering if the world female population isn’t too limited. | 我现在开始怀疑地球上 女性人口是否太有限了。 |
[10:40] | – Thank you! – Well, I mean… | – 多谢了! – 呃,我是说…… |
[10:41] | – You’ve had rotten luck. – No, he hasn’t. | – 你的运气糟到极点,就这问题! – 不,不是的。 |
[10:44] | He makes rotten choices. | 是他的辨别力有问题,总是选错人。 |
[10:46] | But does he want to spend his golden years with someone? | 问题是,他究竟愿不愿意在他的 黄金年龄和另一个人生活在一起? |
[10:50] | Why my golden years? | 为什么说是我的黄金年龄? |
[10:52] | You must think about those things. | 是的,你应该考虑一下这些事情了。 |
[10:55] | Men age different to women. 2 more years, lilt look like your son. | 男人和女人变老的速度不同。再过两年,你会变得… 你知道…我会看上去象你的儿子,就是这样。 |
[10:59] | That was so mean! | 噢,你太恶劣了! |
[11:01] | Don’t you laugh. | – 有什么好笑的! – 别说我的黄金年龄什么的! |
[11:03] | – That’s not funny. – She’s got me in a home already. | – 一点都不好笑。 – 她已经给我找了个家了。 |
[11:06] | Look, what about Madeline, after me? | 那么那个马德琳怎么样?在我之后找的那个? |
[11:10] | She was an archaeologist. She was fabulous. | 马德琳很好…马德琳是个考古学家, 她很棒…你知道…她太不可思议了。 |
[11:13] | She was a nymphomaniac. | 马德琳是个性欲狂。 |
[11:15] | Okay, she had a problem with fidelity. | 是的,好吧,她的忠贞度是存在些问题, |
[11:17] | I didn’t happen to see it. But she was brilliant. | 你知道,我碰巧没看到这一点。 但是她是个出色的女人。 |
[11:20] | What about Carol? What was her last name? | 那个卡罗尔怎么样?还记得她吗? 她叫什么来着?她的姓是…… |
[11:23] | Carol was a poet and a member of Mensa. | 卡罗尔是个诗人, 她是“门萨俱乐部”的成员。所以…… |
[11:26] | She was a heroin addict. | 她打海洛因上瘾。 |
[11:27] | Yes, but I thought it was insulin! | 没错,她同时又打海洛因上瘾了。 可是我以为那是胰岛素,我怎么会知道! |
[11:31] | You know what the problem is? | 你知道…你知道你的问题在哪儿吗? |
[11:32] | This is the problem! | 他本人就是个问题! |
[11:34] | Listen. He’s still in love with you. I always said this. | 听着…听着,他还爱着你, 我一直是这样认为的。 |
[11:37] | Who can blame him? Of course he is. | 我是说这也不能怪他。当然他还爱着你。 |
[11:40] | – Come here, my two men. – That’s the problem. | – 过来…过来,我的两个男人。 – 这就是症结所在。 |
[11:43] | I’m pining after Giselle. | “两个男人”?我是为吉塞尔感到难过。 |
[11:45] | Wail find someone. | 我们会给你找个人,我们会给你找个 相当正常的人, |
[11:47] | I don’t know if we will. | – 我不知道我们能否找个人, – 你真的会爱上她的。 |
[11:49] | – We will. I know. – This is the problem. | – 我们会的,我知道。 – 问题就在这里。 |
[11:57] | What’s all the secrecy? Why Harry Winston’s? | 什么事鬼鬼祟祟的? 为什么约我来“哈里・温斯顿珠宝店”? |
[12:00] | I want you to help me pick an engagement ring for Skylar. | 听着,我想让你帮我挑一下 给丝凯拉的订婚戒指。 |
[12:04] | Congratulations. | – 祝贺你啊! – 是的,谢谢! |
[12:07] | You want an engagement ring. | 你想要个订婚戒指,是吗? |
[12:10] | Right, we’re getting married. Or I am, not to her. | 是的,我们要结婚了。 呃…我要结婚了,不是和她。 |
[12:13] | I see. What size did you have in mind? | 知道了。那么你想要多大尺寸的戒指呢? |
[12:17] | What size? | 多大尺寸? |
[12:20] | Well, I know she’s not huge. | 噢…呃…你知道,她不很胖, |
[12:23] | She’s not bony, either. | 当然她也不很瘦。她的肉…… |
[12:25] | – Something simple but elegant? – That’s it. | – 要简约而雅致的? – 就是这样的。 |
[12:28] | Simple but elegant. Exactly. I told you he was the guy. | “简约而雅致”,正是! 我告诉过你他是专家。 |
[12:31] | Like this one. | 比如说这个? |
[12:33] | God, that’s beautiful. | 噢,天呐,这太漂亮了! |
[12:35] | It’s perfect. | 太完美了! |
[12:36] | It’s the most beautiful ring I ever saw. | 这是我见过的最漂亮的戒指。 |
[12:40] | What would that cost? I like it. | 那么我要付多少钱呢?我很喜欢。 |
[12:42] | $55,000. | 五万五。 |
[12:44] | $55,000, you said? | 你是说五万五美元? |
[12:46] | Let me take it off then, because I don’t think… | 呃…我还是把它摘下来吧, 因为我不认为… |
[12:51] | Actually, as I look at it… | 实际上当我再看一眼时,它真的与… |
[12:54] | it’s not to Skylar’s taste. It’s tacky. | 丝凯拉的品味不符,有点俗气。 |
[12:57] | She’s not a Mafia bride. Help me. | 我是说,她可不是黑手党的新娘。 你能不能帮我出点主意? |
[12:59] | Here’s a lovely one. | 这个也很可爱。 |
[13:01] | That is pretty. | – 这个…这个很漂亮。 – 也很简约。呃…我不知…… |
[13:05] | What’ll it cost me? $1,500? $2,000? | 这个要多少钱?一千五?两千? |
[13:08] | $8,000. | – 八千。 – 八千美元? |
[13:10] | It’s more in the ballpark, in the right neighbourhood. | – 这个还差不多,在可接受范围内。 – 是的,在可接受范围内。 |
[13:15] | – Not my neighbourhood, but… – It’s a better neighbourhood. | – 尽管不是我可接受的范围,但是…… – 更加可接受点了。 |
[13:18] | What the hell, right? We’re getting married. | 怎么了嘛?怎么了嘛?嗯? 我们要结婚了啊! |
[13:21] | Let’s do it. | – 你想要吗? – 下个决心吧。 |
[13:22] | I think it’s an absolutely exquisite ring. | – 你知道,它很雅致。 – 我想它绝对是一枚雅致的戒指。 |
[13:26] | My baby don’t care for rings… | 我的女孩不在乎什么戒指, |
[13:29] | or other expensive things. | 或其它的贵重物品。 |
[13:32] | My baby just cares for me. | 我的女孩只在乎我。 |
[13:37] | My baby don’t go for… | 我的女孩不喜欢… |
[13:40] | big Rolls-Royces. | 豪华的劳斯莱斯车。 |
[13:43] | There’s sometimes a doubt about her choices. | 她的选择有时令人感到困惑。 |
[13:49] | My baby don’t care to own… | 我的女孩不在乎拥有什么… |
[13:52] | some 14-carat stone. | 14克拉的钻石。 |
[13:56] | She’s sensible as can be. | 她明智而又通情达理。 |
[14:02] | My baby don’t care who knows it. | 我的女孩不在乎人们怎么看。 |
[14:08] | My baby just cares for me. | 我的女孩只在乎我。 |
[14:14] | He’s so happy since the day… | 他如此幸福,自从他… |
[14:17] | he fell in love in a real big way. | 深陷情网,全身心投入。 |
[14:20] | And the big surprise is someone loves him too. | 有人会爱上他,也颇让人感到意外。 |
[14:26] | It’s difficult for us to see… | 旁人很难猜透, |
[14:29] | just what she could possibly see in he. | 她究竟看上了他哪一点。 |
[14:32] | But it simply goes to prove what love can do. | 但这也正好说明,爱情的作用。 |
[14:39] | His baby don’t care for shows. | 他的女孩不在乎打扮, |
[14:42] | His baby don’t care for clothes. | 他的女孩不在乎穿着。 |
[14:45] | My baby just cares for me! | 我的女孩只在乎我! |
[14:48] | Nobody else will do! | 其他人不会这么做! |
[14:51] | His baby don’t care for furs and laces. | 他的女孩不在乎毛皮衣料和精美织物, |
[14:57] | His baby don’t care for races… | 他的女孩不在乎去看跑马比赛… |
[15:01] | or high-toned places. | 或高档场所。 |
[15:03] | – My baby’s not much for sports… – Gets out of sorts. | – 我的女孩对体育没太大兴趣, – 不正常。 |
[15:07] | Like running round tennis courts. | 例如网球比赛。 |
[15:10] | I must say I’m glad that she… | 说心里话我很高兴… |
[15:14] | He’s glad to say that she… | 他很高兴… |
[15:16] | has made such a fine selection. | 她有着明智的选择。 |
[15:22] | My baby just cares for me! | 我的女孩只在乎我! |
[16:12] | My baby just cares for me! | 我的女孩只在乎我! |
[16:15] | His baby just cares for… | 他的女孩只在乎…… |
[16:17] | My baby just cares for me! | 我的女孩只在乎我! |
[16:26] | Mrs Holden Spence. | “霍尔登・思朋斯夫人”, |
[16:28] | Skylar Spence. I love it. | “丝凯拉・思朋斯”。我喜欢它的发音。 |
[16:31] | He’s taking her to Le Cirque tonight. | 知道吗?他今晚带她去“圆环饭店”用的晚餐。 |
[16:33] | – No kidding? – I think he’s going to propose. | – 带她去“圆环饭店”啦?真的吗? – 我想他会向她求婚吧。 |
[16:36] | And I introduced them. | – 听着,不是说我吹嘘,是我介绍他们认识的。 – 是啊,“介绍他们认识”, |
[16:39] | We’ve heard it, Dad. | 早听你吹过了,爸。 |
[16:40] | I did. He came to work at our law firm. | 确实是我!真的是我!他来我们律师行工作, |
[16:43] | The first day I said: | 他来的第一天站在那儿,我就对自己说: |
[16:45] | ‘This kid’s great. His feet are on the ground. He’s perfect for her.’ | “这孩子很棒,给人脚踏实地的感觉。 他和她太般配了。” |
[16:49] | Frieda, the pasta has no sauce. | 弗里达,面条里怎么没放酱? |
[16:51] | Bavarian pasta doesn’t need sauce. | 这是巴伐利亚面条,不需要搁任何酱! |
[16:53] | Italian pasta needs sauce. The italians were weak. | 意大利面条才需要搁酱。 意大利人都是衰人! |
[16:56] | Fine. Give me some pepper. | 好吧,行了,给我来点胡椒粉,可以吗? |
[16:59] | Your solution to rampant crime is just to let criminals go free? | 我无法理解你们!你们遏制犯罪的办法 难道就是让罪犯逍遥法外吗? |
[17:03] | No. Charles Ferry deserves a parole. | – 不,查尔斯・费里应该获得假释。 – 这…这怎么回事? |
[17:06] | You want someone like this out on the streets? | 开玩笑吧?你希望像他这样的人 在大街上晃悠? |
[17:10] | Armed robbery, assault, attempted escape. | “持枪抢劫、袭击…用致命武器袭击、企图越狱。” |
[17:14] | – He was an abused child. – Have some compassion. | – 他从小受尽虐待。 – 有点同情心吧。 |
[17:17] | He went to prison for life because of his horrible childhood. | 他这辈子大部分时间都呆在监狱里, 就因为他有一个可怕的童年, |
[17:21] | Something you know nothing about. | 一个你所无法想象的童年。 |
[17:23] | – Then one mistake… – Are you kidding? | – 然后一个错误接着另一个错误…… – “一个错误接着…”,开玩笑! |
[17:25] | A bad trial, corrupt judges… | 不公正的审判,腐败的法官…… |
[17:27] | Calm down, both of you. | 镇静,你们都镇静点! |
[17:29] | – I don’t want to discuss this. – I can’t listen to this. | – 我不想和你再争论下去了。 – 我也听不下去了,一派胡言! |
[17:32] | – I need my wallet. – Where’re you going? | – 我的皮夹子呢? – 你要去哪儿? |
[17:34] | The Polo Grounds. Giants and Cardinals are playing. | 去“马球球场”。有场“巨人队【纽约】” 和“红雀队【圣路易】”的比赛。 |
[17:37] | You can’t go out. If you want to take a walk, go with Frieda. | 不…不,老爸,你不能出去。 如果你想出去走一走,一定要让弗里达陪着。 |
[17:42] | But they’re playing today, Labour Day. | 可是今天就有比赛啊,你看今天是“劳工日”。 |
[17:44] | It’s June, Grandpa. | 现在才六月份,老爷爷!【“劳工日”在九月】 |
[17:46] | The Polo Grounds closed years ago. | “马球球场”几年前就关闭了。 |
[17:49] | – Rained out? – Take him for a short walk. | – 因下雨取消比赛啦? – 弗里达,带他去散会儿步。 |
[17:51] | No, I’m not going with Frieda. | – 让他去呼吸点新鲜空气。 – 不,我不想和弗里达一起去。 |
[17:54] | No, no, not with her. I don’t need a German Shepherd. | 不,不,不和她一起去。 我可不需要一条德国牧羊犬! |
[17:58] | Take a nice walk. | 好好散步去吧。 |
[17:59] | You know what the kids say? | 你知道孩子们会怎么说? |
[18:02] | They think Holden’s giving a surprise to Skylar tonight. | 他们认为今晚霍尔登会给 丝凯拉一点小的惊喜。 |
[18:05] | If you keep gossiping about it, it won’t be a surprise. | 是啊,要是你再这样八卦下去, 就不会有什么惊喜了。 |
[18:09] | I told you not to tell. | 我让你别说的。 |
[18:10] | I’m going out. If Minnie calls, tell her I’m at the Polo Grounds. | 我走了啊。要是明妮打电话来, 告诉她我去“马球球场”了。 |
[18:14] | Minnie’s been dead 20 years. | – 快点,去吧! – 明妮死了有20年了,爷爷。 |
[18:17] | I’m not arguing that. But if she calls, i’ll be home later. | 我不想和你争,我只是说要是明妮 打电话来,告诉她晚些时候我在家。 |
[18:21] | 21 is too young to get married. | 你们看,21岁结婚太早了。 |
[18:24] | If this was anyone but Holden, i’d be against it. | 但是…这如果不是霍尔登的话, 我会全力反对。 |
[18:27] | No way I’m getting married till I’m 35. | 我35岁之前是不会结婚的, |
[18:30] | Then I’ll probably live with a woman. | 之后也许我会找个女的生活在一起。 |
[18:32] | Why do you make these jokes? | 噢,为什么你老开这种玩笑? |
[18:34] | You like Holden, right? | 你喜欢霍尔登,对吗? |
[18:35] | The problem is Skylar. She’s a romantic twit. | 是啊,是啊。你看,我不是说霍尔登有问题, 是丝凯拉有问题,她是个浪漫的傻瓜。 |
[18:40] | Holden’s not romantic enough for her. | 是啊,她的问题是霍尔登对她来说,不够浪漫。 |
[18:42] | So what? She’s going to marry him, right? | 那又怎么样?那又怎么样? 她还是会和他结婚,不是吗? |
[18:45] | I hope so. I want her room when she does. | 我希望如此。她结婚后我想住她的房间。 |
[18:47] | She should leap at this guy. | 不,我是认真的。我是说我看不出任何理由 她为什么不欣然接受他。 |
[18:50] | Skylar suffers from white knight syndrome. | 丝凯拉患有“白马王子综合症”。 |
[18:52] | Since her hormones kicked in, she’s hoped for some… | 自从她开始有了荷尔蒙,知道吗? 她就一直在等某个…我不知道… |
[18:56] | charismatic guy to sweep her off her feet. | 某个富于魅力的男孩,好让她一见倾心。 |
[18:59] | So Holden is that young Lochinvar, all right? | 好吧,好吧,那么霍尔登就是那位“年轻的洛金瓦”,不行吗? 【沃尔特・司各特的叙事诗《玛密恩(Marmion)》中的年轻骑士】 |
[19:02] | He’s a young schnook. | 他是那位“年轻的呆瓜”。 |
[19:03] | He’s a schnook, but he’s a loveable schnook. | 好吧,他是个“呆瓜”,但他是个 “可爱的呆瓜”。他很不错!而你的…… |
[19:07] | What an endorsement! I’m never bringing a guy home. | 这算什么认可! 我永远也不会带个男孩子回家。 |
[19:11] | In the first place, he’s not a schnook. | 首先,他根本不是个呆瓜。 |
[19:28] | I’m a dreamer… | 我是个梦想家, |
[19:32] | aren’t we all? | 我们不都是吗? |
[19:37] | Just a dreamer… | 只是个梦想家, |
[19:41] | aren’t we all? | 我们不都是吗? |
[19:45] | In my dreams, each night it seems… | 在我梦中,仿佛每晚… |
[19:53] | my sweetheart comes to call. | 我的爱人都来看我。 |
[20:03] | He’s so charming, strong and tall. | 他那么的迷人、强壮和高大, |
[20:12] | It’s alarming howl fall. | 令我担心不能自拔。 |
[20:19] | He’s ideal. | 他很完美, |
[20:23] | But then he isn’t real and I’m a fool. | 但是他并不真实,所以我是个傻瓜。 |
[20:32] | But aren’t we all? | 可是我们不都是吗? |
[20:46] | Can I tell you how I see us? | 我在想我能否告诉你我的打算? |
[20:48] | How? | 怎样打算? |
[20:49] | We get married and we live by my parents in Sharon. | 我们结婚,然后我们搬去沙伦, 和我父母住在一起。 |
[20:53] | I could never leave New York. | 噢,我可不想离开纽约。 |
[20:56] | We leave my parents in Sharon, right? We live in New York. | 对了,我把我父母留在沙伦, 当然我们要在纽约生活。 |
[20:59] | It’s just that we may want more space if we have 4 kids. | 因为将来我们也许要有套很大的房子, 如果我们有四个孩子的话。 |
[21:03] | I want two children. | 我想要两个孩子。 |
[21:06] | Two is perfect. | 两个孩子,两个最好了! |
[21:08] | Two is perfect for me… | 对我来说,两个恰到好处, |
[21:10] | because four is… | 因为你看四个的话就… |
[21:11] | really a lot and… | 真的有点多了,嗯… |
[21:13] | you’ll stay at home… | 你看你和孩子们呆在家里…… |
[21:15] | No, I’ll be working. | 不,我要工作。 |
[21:17] | When not working full-time. You’ll have a career. Journalism. | 我是说在你没做全职工作的时候。 当然你会有个全职的工作,搞新闻。 |
[21:22] | Architecture. | 搞建筑。 |
[21:24] | Architecture? Since when? | 搞建筑?什么时候你想搞建筑? |
[21:27] | I don’t know, just some thoughts I’ve had. | 我不知道,只是现在我有这样的想法。 |
[21:30] | I mean, you majored in journalism, but… | 想法?我是说你学的是新闻,但是…… |
[21:33] | The important thing is… | 重要的是…关键是我认为… |
[21:35] | that we agree on just about everything, it seems. | 看起来我们对每一件事的观点都完全一致。 |
[21:39] | Shall I bring the dessert, sir? | 要我上甜点了吗,先生? |
[21:41] | It’s time for dessert? Yes, it is. | 噢,甜点,该上甜点了。好的,上吧。 |
[21:45] | Excuse me a second. I’ll just tend to a small matter. | 原谅我失陪片刻, 有件小事要处理一下。 |
[21:49] | It’s ready, just as you wished. | 按您吩咐,已经准备好了,思朋斯先生。 |
[21:51] | Think it’ll work? | – 你认为这能行吗? – 希望能行。 |
[21:53] | That’s perfect, Umberto. | 噢,太完美了!完美之极,恩伯托。 |
[21:55] | Glad you like it, sir. | 很高兴您喜欢,先生。 |
[21:57] | Let me show you my end of the deal. | 给你看一下我最后的筹码。 |
[22:00] | That’s a honey, huh? | 可爱之极,嗯?瞧瞧! |
[22:01] | Set me back a bit, I don’t mind saying. | 我是下了狠心的,跟你实说了吧。 |
[22:04] | I’m sure. A brilliant idea. Very romantic. | 当然。很棒的主意,我要说,非常浪漫。 |
[22:08] | That’s the kind of guy I am. | 对的,我就是个浪漫的人。 |
[22:10] | I can see that. | 可以看出来。 |
[22:11] | Here we go. I’m just going to lay that right there. | 这儿,我要把戒指…放在这儿。 |
[22:14] | Will that knock her socks off? | – 会让她大吃一惊的,是吗? – 当然,先生。 |
[22:17] | Shall we? | 现在上吗? |
[22:18] | Go ahead. I’m relying on you. | 上吧,看你的了,恩伯托。 |
[22:20] | Good luck. | 祝您好运,先生! |
[22:23] | Everything okay? | 没什么事吧? |
[22:25] | No problem. | 都搞定了。 |
[22:26] | – Shall we order dessert? – I did. | – 我们要份甜食吗? – 我已经要了。 |
[22:28] | You did? | 你要了? |
[22:29] | You like take-charge guys, and I’m coming through for you. | 我知道你喜欢擅作主张的家伙, 所以这次我就替你作主了。 |
[22:32] | It’s not like you. | 哦,这可不象你。 |
[22:34] | Anything for you. Umberto, will you do the honours? | – 尝尝吧。恩伯托,麻烦你把它…打开好吗? – 遵命,先生。 |
[22:39] | My God, it’s delicious! | 噢,天呐,太好吃了! |
[22:41] | Peach, my favourite flavour. | 桃子,我最喜欢的味道。 |
[22:44] | – It’s delicious. – What are you doing? Stop! | – 太美味了。你想干嘛? – 你在干嘛?你在…快停下! |
[22:48] | – Where’s the rest of it? – What? | – 甜食的其它部分呢? – 你什么意思? |
[22:49] | The cream and the cherry! | 通常放的搅打奶油和樱桃到哪儿去了? |
[22:52] | – I ate them. – You ate the ring? | – 我吃掉了。 – 你把戒指吃掉啦? |
[22:54] | What? | 什么戒指? |
[22:55] | – I bought you a diamond ring. – You did? | – 亲爱的,我给你买了个钻石戒指。 – 是吗? |
[22:57] | At Harry Winston’s. | 我去“哈里・温斯顿”买的。 |
[22:58] | Where is it? | 在哪儿呢? |
[23:00] | It was on the dessert. | 我把它放在冰淇淋果冻里了。 |
[23:01] | Why? | 为什么啊? |
[23:02] | – I thought it’d be romantic! – To put a ring on ice cream? | – 我以为那会很浪漫! – 你以为把戒指放在冰淇淋里会很浪漫? |
[23:06] | It wasn’t my idea, it was DJ’s. | 嘿,这不是我的主意,这是DJ的主意。 |
[23:09] | She said it would give it dramatic flair. | 她说这会带来戏剧性的效果,真不敢相信! |
[23:12] | I ate a diamond ring? | 我把钻戒吃下去啦? |
[23:14] | I turn round for 2 seconds and $8,000 goes down your throat. | 我才转身两秒钟,你就把八千块钱 吞下去了,太难相信了! |
[23:18] | Oh, my God! | 我吞掉了…噢,上帝啊! |
[23:19] | Stay calm. | 镇静,镇静,保持镇静! |
[23:21] | How big was it? | 噢,上帝啊,它有多大? |
[23:22] | It was a big rock. | 它很别致,相信我,有颗大的钻石。 |
[23:24] | – I swallowed what, a carat? – A karat-and-a-half. | – 我吞掉了什么?一克拉还是二克拉? – 一点五克拉。 |
[23:27] | – You’d like two carrots? – I’m dying! | – 你想来两根胡萝卜吗,女士? – 我要死了! |
[23:29] | – You’re not. – Something wrong, sir? | – 你不会死的,你不会死。 – 出了什么事吗,先生? |
[23:31] | Just swallowed a little jewelry, it’s all right. | 她只是把一件小珠宝吞了下去,没事的。 |
[23:35] | – How could you? – Enjoy your dinner. | – 你怎么能这样? – 吃你们的饭吧。 |
[23:36] | How could I? Most people look at their food before plunging into it. | 我怎么能这样?亲爱的,大部分人 开吃之前都会看一下他们的食物。 |
[23:41] | Let me check your mouth. | 让我看看你的嘴里。 |
[23:44] | This isn’t much of a problem. | 我想它不会给你造成什么危害。 |
[23:46] | It’s in an accessible place. | 你可以看到,它很大,在够得着的地方。 |
[23:49] | It’s an absolutely beautiful ring. | 这绝对是枚漂亮的戒指,单粒钻石,够经典! |
[23:52] | A brilliant choice. | 完美的选择!祝贺你! |
[23:54] | Congratulations, girl. | 噢,祝贺你,姑娘! |
[23:56] | It is beautiful. | 它太美了。 |
[23:58] | Look, she got engaged. | 凯蒂,凯蒂快看,她订婚了! |
[24:00] | What is it, two karats? | 那么它有多大?两克拉? |
[24:03] | One-and-a-half. | 不,一点五克拉。 |
[24:04] | White gold? | 噢,人造白金的吗? |
[24:05] | Solid platinum. | 不,十足铂白金的。 |
[24:06] | That’s good. | 铂白金的?不错。 |
[24:07] | – Harry Winston’s. – How much? | – 在“哈里・温斯顿”买的。 – 噢,你付了多少? |
[24:09] | 8,000. | 八千。 |
[24:10] | I can get the same ring for you for 6 from my brother-in-law. | 八千?六千我就可以从我妹夫的店里 给你拿个同样的戒指。 |
[24:14] | – You’re paying for the name. – He’s a wonderful man. | – 你把钱都付给店名了。 – 我太为你高兴了,他是个出色的男人。 |
[24:18] | Am I going to scar? | 我会落下疤痕吗? |
[24:20] | Doctors look at X-rays but they seldom grin. | 医生看X光片,但他们很少笑。 |
[24:24] | I’m always on the outside… | 我通常是在外面… |
[24:27] | looking in. | 往里瞧。 |
[24:29] | Maybe that’s why I see the funny side… | 也许这就是为何我觉得可笑, |
[24:33] | When I see a fallen brother take a bride. | 当我看到个倒霉的兄弟要娶新娘。 |
[24:38] | Weddings make a lot of people sad. | 婚礼令许多人忧伤。 |
[24:42] | But if you’re not the groom… | 但如果你不是那个新郎, |
[24:45] | you’re not so bad. | 你就不会感到太绝望。 |
[24:49] | Another bride, another groom… | 又一位新娘,又一个新郎, |
[24:53] | another sunny honeymoon. | 又一个充满阳光的蜜月。 |
[24:57] | Another season… | 又一个时机, |
[24:59] | another reason… | 又一个缘由, |
[25:01] | for making whoopee. | 来喧闹疯狂。 |
[25:05] | A lot of shoes… | 有好多鞋子, |
[25:08] | a lot of rice… | 有好多谷子, |
[25:10] | the groom is nervous… | 新郎神经紧张, |
[25:12] | he answers twice. | 他回答了两次【“我愿意”?】。 |
[25:14] | It’s really killing… | 搞得如此喧闹疯狂, |
[25:16] | that’s he’s so willing… | 实在是有违… |
[25:18] | to make whoopee. | 他的愿望。 |
[25:22] | Picture a little love nest… | 想象一个爱的小巢, |
[25:26] | down where the roses cling… | 现在周围缀满了玫瑰。 |
[25:30] | picture the same sweet love nest… | 就想象这个甜蜜的爱的小巢, |
[25:34] | think what a year can bring. | 一年后的情景。 |
[25:38] | He’s washing dishes… | 他会清洗锅碗瓢盘… |
[25:40] | and baby clothes… | 和婴儿的衣服, |
[25:42] | he’s so ambitious… | 他甚至接受挑战, |
[25:44] | he even sews. | 来穿针引线。 |
[25:46] | But don’t forget folks… | 但是别忘了,各位, |
[25:49] | that’s what you get, folks… | 喧闹疯狂之后,各位, |
[25:51] | for making whoopee. | 所产生的结果。 |
[25:52] | Just for making whoopee. | 所产生的结果。 |
[26:40] | He’s washing dishes… | 他会清洗锅碗瓢盘… |
[26:42] | and baby clothes… | 和婴儿的衣服, |
[26:44] | he’s so ambitious… | 他甚至接受挑战, |
[26:46] | he even sews. | 来穿针引线。 |
[26:48] | But don’t forget folks… | 但是别忘了,各位, |
[26:52] | that’s what you get, folks… | 所产生的结果,各位…… |
[27:11] | Summer came, and Lane and Laura got jobs at the Met… | 夏天来了,莲恩和劳拉在 “大都会博物馆”打工, |
[27:15] | and spent weekends at the beach. | 周末则去海边度假。 |
[27:18] | Mom organised a petition for Charles Ferry’s parole. | 老妈组织了些艺术家和作家, 为查尔斯・费里的假释而四处请愿。 |
[27:23] | Her new pet cause. | 这成了她新近热衷的事业。 |
[27:24] | She even visited the prison and was appalled by the conditions. | 她甚至访问了监狱, 并对里面的条件深感震惊。 |
[27:28] | What we need are open prisons. | 我们需要的是开放性的监狱。 |
[27:31] | Space where the damaged human spirit can heal. | 空间,有更大的空间, 以治愈精神受到创伤的人们。 |
[27:36] | Give them an opportunity to decorate their own cells… | 我呼吁给他们机会, 让他们参与装饰自己的牢房, |
[27:41] | with their own personal decorators. | 用他们个人自己的装饰品。 |
[27:44] | And better cuisine. | 有更好的伙食, |
[27:46] | European menus. | 用欧洲食谱。 |
[27:48] | As for me, over the years I was used to splitting summers up… | 至于我,你知道,这些年来, 我习惯了将夏日一分为二: |
[27:52] | July with Mom in New York, and August with Dad in Europe. | 七月和老妈呆在纽约, 八月和老爸呆在欧洲。 |
[27:56] | Usually it was Paris, but this time he took me to Venice. | 通常是在巴黎, 但这一次,他带我去了威尼斯。 |
[27:59] | I think he wanted to get over memories of losing Giselle. | 我想他还在想把吉塞尔踹了他 这件事,尽快从他记忆里抹去。 |
[28:03] | All I can say is if we’re talking about romantic cities… | 我想要说的是, 要是谈起浪漫的城市, |
[28:07] | they’ve got the most gorgeous guys there… | 那么这里有最帅的男孩, |
[28:10] | and they can’t keep their hands off you. It’s great. | 他们总是对你爱抚有加。 这感觉太好了! |
[28:13] | The first week was just heaven for me. Having a ball… | 一开始的整个星期对我来说, 简直象在天堂――我纵情狂欢, |
[28:18] | sailing on gondolas. | 坐在“贡多拉”上四处漫游。 |
[28:20] | But Dad just seemed to hang around the hotel. | 然而老爸,他只是一个人闷在旅馆里。 |
[28:23] | Giselle was still haunting him. | 吉塞尔依然在困扰着他。 |
[28:26] | I’m through with love. | 我的爱完结了, |
[28:29] | I’ll never fall again. | 再也不会堕入情网。 |
[28:32] | Said ‘adieu’ to love. | 和爱说“再会”, |
[28:36] | Don’t ever call again. | 再也不会呼唤。 |
[28:39] | For I must have you or no-one. | 因为我必须拥有你,不会再有其他人, |
[28:47] | And so I’m through with love. | 因此我的爱已经彻底完结。 |
[28:54] | I’ve locked my heart… | 我紧锁心扉, |
[28:57] | I’ll keep my feelings there. | 把我的感情深埋在那儿。 |
[29:01] | I’ve stocked my heart… | 贮藏于我心中的, |
[29:05] | with icy frigid air. | 只有冰冷彻骨的空气。 |
[29:08] | And I mean to fall for no-one… | 我不想再爱上任何人, |
[29:17] | because I’m through with love. | 因为我的爱已经彻底完结。 |
[29:23] | I feel so guilty. | 我只是觉得有负罪感。 |
[29:25] | – You should have fun. – I am. | – 你应该玩得开心。 – 是很开心。 |
[29:28] | I still can’t figure out what went wrong with Giselle. | 我仍然想不通我和吉塞尔 究竟哪儿出了岔子。 |
[29:31] | I always thought she was a little flighty. | 你知道吗?我一直认为她有点水性杨花。 |
[29:34] | Want a drink? I’ll have a beer. | 有点水性杨花?是啊。 你要喝点什么吗?我要来杯啤酒。 |
[29:36] | A Bellini. | 好的,一杯贝利尼香槟。 |
[29:39] | Let me give you this advice. | 你看,我这样给你点忠告吧。 |
[29:41] | When a relationship breaks up, and I hope they don’t… | 在现实中,当一段感情破裂时, 当然我不希望它发生, |
[29:46] | Better to be the leaver than the leavee, ’cause the leaver leaves. | 你最好是那个“离开者”而不是那个 “被离开者”,因为“离开者”离开, |
[29:50] | But the leavee is left. | 你明白我的意思吧? 而“被离开者”被离开。 |
[29:52] | It’s terrible. | 这太糟了。 |
[29:53] | The worst that happens to the leaver is a little survivor guilt. | 你看,“离开者”大不了只会有一点 成为幸存者的负罪感。 |
[29:57] | Survivor guilt is the worst thing that should ever happen to you. | 你最好最多也只有这样的幸存者的负罪感。 |
[30:01] | Tomorrow i’ll spend with you. | 好吧。明天我会一直陪着你。 |
[30:04] | It’s not necessary, really. | 明天…没有必要,真的。 |
[30:06] | Don’t turn round. That couple! | 噢…噢,别转身!就是那一对夫妇! |
[30:09] | – Don’t turn round. – Who? | – 别转身。 – 谁? |
[30:11] | I told you about her. I saw her check in the other day. | 我和你谈起过她, 前几天我看见她来这儿的。 |
[30:14] | She’s lovely, but I think she’s married. | 她真的很招人爱,但是我想她结婚了。 |
[30:17] | Isn’t she? | 她…她可爱吗? |
[30:19] | Oh, my God! | 噢,天呐! |
[30:20] | Beautiful, right? | 很漂亮,是吗? |
[30:21] | I know who she is. | 我知道她是谁。 |
[30:23] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑! |
[30:24] | Why didn’t I think of it? She’s perfect for you. | 不,我怎么把她给忘了? 她对你再合适不过了。 |
[30:28] | How can she be? She’s married. | 合适?她怎么可能再合适不过了?她结婚了。 |
[30:30] | Not happily married. You’d love her. | 不,她的婚姻并不如意。你会爱上她的。 |
[30:33] | Who is she? How’d you know her? | 那么告诉我,她究竟是谁? 你怎么会认识她的? |
[30:36] | My friend’s mother’s her shrink. I know everything about her. | 我朋友的妈妈是她的心理医生, 我了解她的方方面面。 |
[30:40] | – What’s her name? – I don’t know. | – 你开玩笑?她叫什么? – 我不知道。 |
[30:42] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思,你不知道? |
[30:43] | What’s wrong with you? Stop teasing me. | – 你怎么回事?别再逗我了。她是谁?快告诉我! – 我没逗你。 |
[30:47] | She’s an art historian, and she’s here to see the Tintorettos. | 她是研究艺术史的,她来这里 是为了看丁托列托的画。 |
[30:51] | Know what I’m thinking? | 知道我在想什么吗? |
[30:53] | You’ve got that look on your face. | – 瞧你一脸坏样。 – 真是天赐良机。 |
[30:56] | She jogs every morning. You can bump into her. | 她每天早晨都一个人去慢跑, 你也可以去,然后撞上她。 |
[31:00] | No thanks. She’s married. | 不了,多谢!她是个结了婚的女人。 |
[31:03] | I’m telling you, not happily married. | 我跟你说了,她的婚姻并不如意。 |
[31:07] | Complete mismatch. The guy is some actor. | 完全不般配,男的是个什么演员。 |
[31:10] | He won’t interfere tomorrow, he sleeps late. No problem. | 总之,他明天不会打搅到你,因为他睡得很晚。 所以你不会有什么问题。 |
[31:15] | You can meet her. She’ll be alone. I know it for a fact. | 你可以遇见她,她绝对是一个人。 我完全可以肯定,绝对完美。 |
[31:19] | I’m out of shape. I can’t jog. | 我体能不行了,慢跑不了。我做不了。 |
[31:22] | I haven’t touched my treadmill in weeks. | 你看,有多个星期没碰我的跑步机了, |
[31:26] | 572 weeks, that’s 11 years. | 572个星期,也就是说11年了。 我会喘不上气。 |
[31:29] | Stop looking at me like that. I won’t do it. | 别那样瞧着我,我不会干的。 |
[31:32] | We’re going to get you some jogging clothes. Tomorrow… | 我要给你去弄套慢跑服,然后明早… |
[31:34] | She is really something. | 她真的…她真的令人难忘。 |
[31:37] | You’re going to jog. | 你就去跑步。 |
[32:27] | Sorry, are you okay? | – 对不起! – 对不起,你没事吧? |
[32:29] | Yes, are you all right? | – 没事,你也没事吧? – 没事。 |
[32:32] | Do you know where the Hotel Gritti is? | 你知不知道“格利第旅馆”怎么走? |
[32:35] | I think it’s that way. | 呃…我想你应该往回跑。 |
[32:37] | Over there? Because I… jogging in Venice is so… | 在那儿吗?因为我…当你在 威尼斯慢跑时,仿佛一切都象…… |
[32:42] | Labyrinthine. | 迷宫似的。 |
[32:44] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[32:45] | Yes, I’m fine. You must keep in shape. I jog every day. You? | 没事,我很好。我们得保持体形, 所以我每天慢跑。你呢? |
[32:50] | I do. | 是的,我也是。 |
[32:51] | You’re American? | – 你是美国人? – 是的。 |
[32:54] | It’s a great country. | – 一个伟大的国家,不是吗? – 美丽的国家。 |
[32:56] | The mountains and the prairies… | – 山川和牧场… – 噢…对,美国。 |
[32:59] | the oceans, you know, white foam and everything… | 还有大海,你知道, 白色的浪花等等…… |
[33:04] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧?你没事吧? |
[33:07] | – Sit down. – No, I’m okay. | – 坐下来。 – 不,我没事。 |
[33:10] | Just a chest pain radiating down my arm, but… | 我没事,只是感到胸口有点疼, 并向我的胳膊蔓延,但是…… |
[33:15] | That’s your heart. | 你心脏不好。 |
[33:16] | No, it’s stress. I get it every other day. | 不,我是太紧张了,每隔几天我就会紧张。 |
[33:20] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[33:22] | Here you are. | 芳,你在这儿呐。 |
[33:24] | I was giving him directions. You okay? | 我在给他指路。你没事吧? |
[33:27] | You wanted to do 3 miles. | 快跑,你不是要跑三英里吗?快点! |
[33:30] | You okay? | 你还好吧? |
[33:31] | – Yes, I’m fine. – Just breathe. Breathe. | – 是的,我没事。 – 呼吸,保持呼吸。 |
[33:37] | I nearly died. Couldn’t breathe. Then her husband showed up. | 先是我几乎倒毙,我喘不上气。 接着是他丈夫出现了。 |
[33:41] | Her husband came? That’s rare. | 他丈夫出现了,哈?这可很稀罕。 |
[33:44] | So is coronary thrombosis in our family. | 稀罕?我们家族有冠状动脉血栓的也很稀罕。 |
[33:47] | Did you get her name? | 噢,你知道她名字啦? |
[33:49] | Von. Vonnie. | 芳,芳妮。 |
[33:51] | She’s passionate about Tintoretto. She’s writing a book about him. | 听着,她狂迷丁托列托, 她正在写一本有关他的书。 |
[33:56] | She’s obviously here to visit the Scuola Grande di San Rocco. | 显然她来这儿是为了访问“圣・罗可大学院”。 |
[33:59] | I don’t know what this means. Why all these art books? | 我不明白你为什么跟我扯这些。 为什么给我这些艺术书籍? |
[34:02] | She’ll be at the Scuola. He won’t. They have nothing in common. | 她会去那所“学院”,而他不会去。 他们没有共同语言。 |
[34:06] | You bump into her. The groundwork’s been laid. You say… | 你会再次和她相遇。 既然地基已经奠好,所以你说: |
[34:10] | ‘Didn’t we meet jogging?’ | “你好,我们慢跑时见过面,是吗?” |
[34:12] | ‘The guy with the stroke.’ She’ll remember. | 噢,是啊:“我就是那天突发 心脏病的家伙。”她肯定没忘掉。 |
[34:15] | Then you impress her with your knowledge of her favourite painter. | 然后,你的有关她最喜欢画家的 渊博学识,会给她留下深刻的印象。 |
[34:18] | You’re kidding. | 嘿,你逗我玩哪! |
[34:20] | My art knowledge is limited to Kirk Douglas as Van Gogh. | 我的…我的有关艺术的知识仅限于 柯克・道格拉斯扮演了文森特・梵高。 |
[34:24] | What do I know about this? | 我怎么会了解这些玩意儿? |
[34:26] | Trust me. Before we leave Venice, your lips will be pressed to hers. | 相信我吧,老爸:在我们离开威尼斯之前, 你的嘴唇会贴住她的嘴唇。 |
[34:31] | Unfortunately I left my Chapstick in New York. | 好啊,可惜我把我的唇膏忘在纽约了。 |
[34:37] | What is this? | 这什么意思? |
[34:39] | ‘The rapidity of his brush strokes…’ | “他笔触的运速……” |
[34:42] | ‘Chiaroscuro.’ | “明暗配合。” |
[34:44] | ‘Outbursts of colour.’ | “色彩的喷发。” |
[34:46] | I told Dad everything I knew about Von. | 我将我所知道的有关芳的一切都告诉了老爸, |
[34:49] | He studied his Tintoretto book. | 而他加紧研究他的有关丁托列托的书。 |
[34:51] | I told him her likes, her dislikes, her deepest feelings… | 我告诉他她喜欢什么,厌恶什么, 她最深处的情感…… |
[34:55] | everything from her passion for Bora-Bora and Mahler’s 4th… | 她的一切,从她对波拉-波拉【太平洋小岛】 以及马勒第四交响曲的热爱, |
[34:59] | to her favourite flower, the African Daisy. | 到她最喜欢的花――非洲雏菊。 |
[35:01] | I mean, everything. | 我是说,一切的一切。 |
[35:03] | When he went to the museum that day… | 当他那天下午在“丁托列托博物馆”现身时, |
[35:06] | he could’ve given a course on the subject. | 他俨然可以就这个专题开门课了。 |
[35:09] | Hello again. | – 又见面了。 – 嗨! |
[35:12] | Goodness! | 天呐! |
[35:14] | You lived. How are you? I was concerned. | 你活着,你怎么样啊?我当时很担心。 |
[35:16] | No, no, I was fine. I went back to the hotel and… | 不,不,我很好。你知道, 我直接就回了旅馆,然后… |
[35:21] | had the concierge oil my pacemaker and, you know, I… | 让门房给我的心脏起搏器上了点油, 你知道,我…我…… |
[35:25] | Incidentally, my name’s Joe Berlin. | 顺便介绍一下,我叫乔・柏林。 |
[35:27] | Vonnie Sydell. | 芳妮・塞代尔。 |
[35:28] | A funny coincidence. I see you here, two New Yorkers… | 是啊,这样的巧合真有意思。 我们在这儿相见,两个纽约人… |
[35:33] | jogging in Venice and we bump into each other. | 在威尼斯慢跑,我们不期而遇,这…… |
[35:36] | How’d you know I was a New Yorker? | 你怎么知道我是纽约人? |
[35:37] | No, I didn’t. I just assumed… | 不,我并不知道。我只是, 你知道,瞎猜了一下…… |
[35:41] | But you’re completely correct to ask that question. | 但是你问的这个问题绝对有道理, |
[35:45] | It’s a good question. You shouldn’t be ashamed of it. | 你问得很好,你知道, 你不应该觉得不好意思。 |
[35:48] | I live on 84th and Riverside. Where in New York do you live? | 我在84大街和里弗赛德住。 你在纽约住哪儿? |
[35:51] | In Paris. I was a New Yorker but I settled in Paris. | 我住巴黎。我以前在纽约, 但现在我在巴黎定居。 |
[35:56] | But I come back to New York all the time. I love it there. | 但是我经常回纽约,因为我喜欢那儿。 |
[36:00] | What brings you here? | 你为什么来这里? |
[36:02] | I wouldn’t come to Venice without checking out the Tintorettos. | 到威尼斯后不可能 不来参观丁托列托的画, |
[36:06] | Because he’s my favourite master in the world. | 因为他是这个世界上我最喜欢的大师。 |
[36:10] | I just adore his work. I’m crazy about it. | 我是说我崇拜他的作品,为之疯狂。 |
[36:13] | He was a deep genius. | 他是个深邃的天才。 |
[36:14] | The deepest. | 最深邃的。 |
[36:16] | The rapidity of his brush strokes… | 他笔触的运速… |
[36:20] | Chiaroscuro… | 明暗配合… |
[36:22] | Outbursts of colour… | 色彩的喷发… |
[36:23] | His capacity for controlled gesture… | 他对内敛姿态的表现能力…… |
[36:27] | Born in 1519, only to die again in 1594… | 生于1519年,一直活到了1594年, |
[36:31] | but that’s the way it happens to most of us. | 但是我们大部分人也都终有一死。 |
[36:35] | You have a real appreciation of his work. | 那么你真的非常欣赏他的作品。 |
[36:38] | How could I not appreciate a man who was short in stature… | 我怎么可能不欣赏一个尽管个子不高, |
[36:43] | but with a proud and obstinate nature… | 但却有着尊严和顽强秉性的人? |
[36:46] | who painted outside the… | 他创作了16世纪… |
[36:48] | the academic conventions of 16th century Venice? | 威尼斯学院会堂的外壁。 |
[36:54] | What do you do? | 你做什么工作,柏林先生? |
[36:55] | Call me Joe. | 你可以叫我乔。 |
[36:57] | I’m a writer. A novelist, mostly. | 我…我…是个作家,主要是写小说。 |
[37:00] | Joe Berlin… | 乔・柏林…… |
[37:01] | I saw one of your books. | 我看过你的一本书。 |
[37:03] | I remember it had a very sexy cover. | 是的,我想起来了,它有个非常迷人的封面。 |
[37:07] | It was at the stalls on 5th Avenue, the 99 cent bin. | 那是在第5大街的摊子上, 一个专卖99美分一本的箱子里。 |
[37:11] | You know, probably the get-acquainted price. | 噢,你知道,也许那是让人熟悉的价格。 |
[37:14] | They’ll do that. | 有时他们会那样做。 |
[37:15] | In the United States I’m considered controversial… | 你看,在美国对我的作品总是评价不一, |
[37:18] | but in Paris, where they have an ear for literature… | 但是在巴黎,你知道,那里的人们 有更好的文学修养, |
[37:22] | they were quick to recognise the genius of… | 你知道,他们能一眼认出谁是天才,譬如说… |
[37:25] | Poe and Faulkner and myself. | 坡和福克纳,还有我。 |
[37:29] | Basically, you see, I’m a simple guy. | 从本质上说,你看,我是个相当简单的人。 |
[37:33] | My idea is just to live in Paris and maybe… | 我只是想在巴黎生活,也许… |
[37:36] | you know, fall in love and… | 你知道,爱上什么人, |
[37:39] | take walks… | 一起在雨中… |
[37:41] | in the rain and… | 散散步, |
[37:44] | Listen to music like… | 一起听听音乐,比如… |
[37:46] | particularly maybe Mahler’s 4th. | 特别是比如说马勒的第四交响曲。 |
[37:50] | This could be me talking. | 这简直像是出自我口! |
[37:52] | Could it? | 是吗? |
[37:53] | Mahler’s 4th, no question. | – 马勒的第四彻底征服了我。 – 噢…是的,马勒的第四,毫无疑问。 |
[37:56] | See, I’m not a… | 你看,我不是一个…呃… |
[37:59] | what you’d call a technology guy. | 人们怎么说来着,喜欢当代技术的人。 |
[38:01] | I hate it. | 我讨厌当代技术。 |
[38:02] | I know, I can tell. | 我知道,我一眼就看出来了。 |
[38:04] | I still work on… | 我…呃…我仍然用… |
[38:06] | one of those old-fashioned portable typewriters… | 那种非常老式的、非便携式的打字机…… |
[38:11] | So you haven’t succumbed to the computer age? | 你是说你也没有向计算机时代屈服? |
[38:15] | I like the simple life. I like to sit at home in Paris and write… | 你知道我喜欢简单的生活。 我喜欢坐在巴黎的家中写作, |
[38:20] | maybe visit New York a certain amount, and in summer… | 也许时不时地访问下纽约, 而在夏天… |
[38:24] | maybe spend some time… | 也许找个… |
[38:26] | someplace romantic, like… | 浪漫的地方度假,比如说… |
[38:28] | Bora-Bora. | 波拉-波拉。 |
[38:31] | I love Bora-Bora. Since I first went, I still think about it. | 我热爱波拉-波拉。自从我第一次 去过以后,就无法从我心头抹去。 |
[38:35] | Naturally, it’s beautiful. | 那是自然,它太美了。 |
[38:38] | At night, the stars are so luminous you can practically read by them. | 在夜晚,星星如此明亮, 你甚至可以在星空下…… |
[38:42] | Read by them, yes. | – 星空下阅读。 – 星空下阅读,对! |
[38:45] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[38:47] | You got a…a little… | 你有点…你的眼中… |
[38:48] | mist appeared in your eye then. | 怎么有点湿润了? |
[38:51] | I thought you were going to cry, I swear. | 我想你是不是要哭了,我肯定,你要哭了。 |
[38:55] | No, I’m okay. | 不,我…我还好。 |
[38:57] | Is something wrong? | – 你肯定吗?有什么不对劲吗? – 不,呃…… |
[39:00] | What’s wrong? | 有什么不对吗?你没事吧? |
[39:02] | Nothing’s wrong. Something’s exactly so right. | – 没什么不对,只是有些事情太对了。 – 是吗? |
[39:06] | Wait here. I’ll be right back. | 呆在这儿等一秒钟,我马上回来。 |
[39:16] | All my life… | 我的一生… |
[39:23] | I’ve been waiting for you. | 都在等待你的出现, |
[39:29] | My wonderful one. | 我的知己。 |
[39:32] | I’ve begun living. | 我已经开始生活。 |
[39:40] | All my life… | 我的一生… |
[39:47] | All my love… | 我所有的爱… |
[39:54] | has been waiting for you. | 都在等待你的出现。 |
[40:00] | My life is sublime… | 我的生活因此升华, |
[40:04] | now that I’m giving… | 因为我要献给你… |
[40:12] | All my love… | 我所有的爱… |
[40:17] | I got you a present. | 我给你件礼物。 |
[40:19] | An African Daisy. My favourite. | 非洲雏菊,这是我最喜欢的花! |
[40:22] | What are you doing tonight? | 你看,今晚你有什么打算? |
[40:25] | I think Greg and I have plans. | 我想格雷格和我有安排。 |
[40:30] | How’d it go? | 嘿,进展如何? |
[40:31] | She was great. Whatever you told me was right on the money. | 她很棒,绝对棒!你跟我说的 都千真万确,很好… |
[40:35] | I feel guilty. | 我感到内疚。 |
[40:37] | Why? | 为什么? |
[40:38] | Because I made her cry. She said she felt close to me. | 为什么?因为,你知道,我让她流泪了。 她说她感觉和我很近。 |
[40:42] | So? You’ve established a beachhead. Now win the battle. | 这么说你已经攻占了滩头阵地, 那么接下来就赢得整个战役吧。 |
[40:46] | Remember to blow between her shoulder blades. She goes crazy. | 噢,别忘了往她的背部吹气, 两肩胛之间,那会令她如醉如痴。 |
[40:51] | I won’t do it. What’s between her and her shrink is private. | 嘿,我不会这么做的。她和她 心理医生之间的谈话都是隐私,你知道。 |
[40:56] | Are you going to give me a map of her erogenous zones? | 你想干嘛?给我一份她全身 性感部位的示意图? |
[40:59] | Are you seeing her tonight? | 爸,你今晚一定要去见她! |
[41:01] | No. She’s married. | 不!她有家室。 |
[41:03] | Listen, I don’t know Bora-Bora from Walla-walla. | 听着,那不是真实的我,我根本分不清 波拉-波拉还是沃拉-沃拉【美国城市】。 |
[41:07] | What do I know about Tintoretto? | 我也不知道什么丁托列托! |
[41:10] | I can’t tell the difference between chiaroscuro and spaghetti sauce. | 我不知道“明暗配合”和 “赛格雷多面酱”有什么区别。这简直是…… |
[41:14] | Remember to blow between her shoulder blades. | 千万别忘了往她肩胛之间吹气。 |
[41:16] | I won’t do it. Plus, I use a word processor, not a typewriter. | 我不会往她肩胛之间吹气,你知道。 再说,我用的是文字处理软件,而不是打字机。 |
[41:22] | I hope you have something great to wear. There’s a party tonight. | 噢,对了,我希望你能穿得好一点, 因为今晚有个晚会。 |
[41:26] | Party? | 晚会? |
[41:28] | I want to introduce you to someone. | 我想让你认识个人。 |
[41:33] | Dad… | 爸, |
[41:36] | this is Alberto. | 这是阿尔贝托。 |
[41:38] | Nice to meet you. | – 你好。 – 认识你很高兴。 |
[41:40] | Hello. Who are all these people? | 这些都是什么人? |
[41:42] | Venetians. Friends, guests in town. | 威尼斯人,朋友,城里的客人。 |
[41:46] | Enjoying your stay in Venice? | 你喜欢威尼斯吗? |
[41:48] | It’s the best. She’ll tell you. | 太喜欢了,最奇妙的城市。不信你问她。 |
[41:51] | Dad, you should be the first to know. | 爸,我想让你见一下阿尔贝托, 因为我希望你第一个知道: |
[41:55] | We’re getting married. | 我们要结婚了。 |
[41:57] | Wonderful. Tell me what century and i’ll rent a tux. | 太好了。告诉我那会在哪一个世纪, 到时候我会租一套完美的正式的晚礼服。 |
[42:00] | This January. | 就在一月份。 |
[42:02] | Pardon me? | 你说什么? |
[42:03] | This January. | 就在一月份。 |
[42:04] | You’re joking. | 一月份?开玩笑?当然你是开玩笑。 |
[42:07] | I’m in love with Djuna. | 我爱上了朱娜。 |
[42:09] | We all love her, because she’s adorable, but you are… | 我们都爱这个小姑娘, 因为她很可爱,但是你…… |
[42:13] | This is a jest. | 这一定是个玩笑。 |
[42:15] | January 15th, to be exact. | 准确地说,定在一月十五号。 |
[42:18] | It’s his mother’s birthday. | 那是他妈妈的生日。 |
[42:20] | A joke, am I right? | 一个玩笑,开个玩笑,我没错吧? |
[42:22] | Not at all. | 不是玩笑。 |
[42:24] | Excuse me a second. | 原谅我失陪一会儿。 |
[42:26] | Come. I want to talk a minute. | 过来,到这边来,我想和你谈谈, 就一会儿,就一秒钟。 |
[42:29] | – What are you talking about? – Sorry. | – 到这边来,就一分钟。你在说什么啊? – 抱歉。 |
[42:33] | Tell me it’s a joke, or there’ll be carnage. | 告诉我这只是个玩笑, 否则的话那会是场大灾难。 |
[42:36] | We’re crazy about each other. | 我们互相迷恋着对方。 |
[42:38] | How can you be…? You met this guy 5 days ago. | 你怎么可能迷恋…? 你五天之前才认识的这个家伙。 |
[42:43] | So? | 那又怎样? |
[42:44] | Are you having a breakdown? | 什么怎样,你脑子进水了吗? |
[42:46] | Why, because I’m in love? | 为什么啊?就因为我恋爱了? |
[42:47] | What do you mean, in love? What does he do? | 你什么意思,恋爱了? 他…他…是干什么的啊? |
[42:50] | He’s a gondolier. | 他是“贡多拉”的船夫。 |
[42:52] | One of the guys with a striped shirt and a hat? | 不用,谢谢!他是那种身穿 条纹衬衣、头戴帽子的家伙吗? |
[42:55] | No hat. | 没有帽子。 |
[42:57] | – What do you mean? – He doesn’t wear a hat. | – 你什么意思,没有帽子? – 意思就是他不戴帽子。 |
[42:59] | This is crazy! What are you gonna… | 你简直疯了!你看,你…你…… |
[43:03] | Talk to me. You’re talking about getting married? | 跟我谈谈,你想怎么样? 你想说服我同意和个船夫结婚? |
[43:06] | That’s insanity! | 这太疯狂了! |
[43:07] | Why? | 为什么说疯狂? |
[43:08] | ‘Cause you’re going to school, to Columbia. | 因为你还要上学,你还要 回去上哥伦比亚大学。 |
[43:11] | You’re going to major in journalism or law, not rowing. | 你要…你要学新闻或者法律专业, 你知道,而不是什么划船。 |
[43:15] | People have dropped out of Columbia before. | 以前也有人放弃过哥伦比亚大学,有过先例。 |
[43:19] | You’re not going to run off with a guy you just met… | 你不应该被一个认识 才一个星期的家伙拐跑… |
[43:23] | and who’s a gondolier. | 而且他还是个划“贡多拉”的。 |
[43:24] | He’s a poet. | 他是个诗人。 |
[43:26] | A poet? | 他是个诗人? |
[43:27] | Know what rhymes with gondolier? No Lira. Okay? | 那么好吧,我来告诉你和“贡多拉”同韵的 是哪个词――“没里拉”。知道不? |
[43:31] | So forget it. | – 天哪,老爸! – 所以说你别做梦了! |
[43:40] | Hello again. God, what a coincidence. | – 嗨! – 嗨!又见面了!上帝啊,真太巧了! |
[43:44] | This is Joe, Greg. | 这是…呃…乔・格雷格。 |
[43:46] | How are you? | – 嗨! – 嗨,你好! |
[43:49] | – The one with the heart attack? – That was me. | – 你是今天早上那个心脏……? – 就是我。 |
[43:52] | Is Bernardo Bertolucci here? | 你见到贝尔纳多・贝尔托鲁奇在里面吗? |
[43:54] | – I wouldn’t recognise him. – I have to meet him. | – 我没认出他来。里面太疯狂了。 – 我必须见他一面。 |
[43:57] | Mind if I go on? | 我先上去了。你想和他谈谈吗, 要是我找到他的话? |
[44:00] | – It’s a madhouse. – I’ll get you a drink. | – 里面太疯狂了。 – 我会给你拿点喝的下来。 |
[44:03] | – Incredible. – Is it? | – 太难以置信了,我是说…… – 是吗? |
[44:05] | Have you seen this place? | 你参观过这个地方吗?我正想回家了。 |
[44:08] | It’s unbelievable. | 太奇妙了。 |
[44:10] | The whole thing is like an old palazzo. | 你看,这整个建筑就像一座古老的宫殿, |
[44:14] | And it’s really beautiful. But it’s frantic in there. | 真的非常非常美。 但是,你知道,里面真的很疯狂。 |
[44:19] | You look great. | 嘿,你看上去很棒。 |
[44:21] | Don’t say that. | 哦,你不应该说这样的话。 |
[44:23] | Why? | 为什么? |
[44:25] | I can’t take a compliment. | 嗯…我不喜欢别人恭维我。 |
[44:27] | You’re terrific. Why not? I’m sorry. | 你真的很棒。为什么不让恭维? 对不起。我…… |
[44:30] | No, it’s my problem. | 不,这是我的问题。 |
[44:33] | Why? Does it make you feel guilty? | 为什么?难道会让你感到不好意思? |
[44:35] | Maybe. I don’t know. You’ve got all the answers. | 呃…也许,我不知道。 你好像对我了如指掌,不是吗? |
[44:39] | I think it makes you feel guilty. | 不,我想你可能会感到不好意思。 |
[44:41] | You must have fantasies of… | 我想你可能会幻想… |
[44:44] | maybe someone coming along that… | 遇见个什么人…… |
[44:47] | You probably have dreams about boats… | 你也许经常梦见小船… |
[44:51] | or ships maybe, or even… | 或许是大船,也许甚至是… |
[44:54] | an elevator that… | 你知道,比如说一个电梯… |
[44:57] | You’re on an elevator that goes higher and higher to the top floor. | 你坐在电梯里,电梯越开越高,到达了顶层, |
[45:01] | And then it doesn’t stop, it just goes… | 但是它没有停下来,它还在一直开… |
[45:04] | through the roof and… | 穿过了屋顶,然后… |
[45:06] | it sort of flies you over the ocean… | 它仿佛带着你飞跃重洋…… |
[45:11] | I think I’m going to faint. | 我想我有点头晕, |
[45:13] | I do. | 头很晕。 |
[45:15] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[45:17] | I’m a little overwhelmed and… | 没事,我有点受不了了… |
[45:22] | I’m glad you’re leaving tomorrow. | 我很高兴你明天就要离开了。 |
[45:47] | Next morning, we left Venice. | 第二天一早,我们离开了威尼斯。 |
[45:49] | Dad flew to Paris, I went to New York. | 老爸飞去巴黎,我回到纽约。 |
[45:53] | I couldn’t wait to tell Mom about marrying Alberto. | 我迫不及待想告诉老妈 我要和阿尔贝托结婚了。 |
[45:56] | He was so beautiful, so sensitive. | 他太帅了,又那么细致入微。 |
[45:59] | My plan was to leave Columbia and go to Italy after the fall. | 我的计划是秋季学期之后,我就从 哥伦比亚大学退学,然后搬到意大利去住。 |
[46:05] | Excuse me, that’s mine. | 对不起,这是我的。 |
[46:07] | I’m sorry. | 不,这是…噢,是的,对不起。 |
[46:10] | I’m sorry. It’s not mine. | 噢,天呐!对不起,这不是我的。 |
[46:12] | We both shop at ‘Hunting World.’ | 没事。可能我们都是在“狩猎天地”买的。 |
[46:15] | That’s where I got it. | 我就是在那儿买的。 |
[46:16] | Now I know it’s mine. | 噢,天呐!现在我确定这是我的了。 |
[46:18] | I’ll give you a hand. | – 没事,我帮你捡。 – 谢谢。 |
[46:20] | Bra, underwear. | 你的胸衣…内衣。 |
[46:24] | Petrarch’s sonnets. | 彼特拉克的商籁诗。 |
[46:25] | What do you do? | 你是干什么的? |
[46:26] | Depends on the guy. | 呃…那得看我遇见什么人了。 |
[46:28] | No, just kidding. | 不,开个玩笑。 |
[46:30] | I work for the Columbian drug cartel. | 我实际上…我呃…我为哥伦比亚大毒枭工作。 |
[46:34] | I gift-wrap the cocaine. | 是的,我把可卡因包装成礼品。 |
[46:36] | Why am I so nervous? I study at Columbia. | 我为什么这么紧张? 我是哥伦比亚大学的学生。 |
[46:40] | Is that right? My uncle teaches there. | 是吗?我叔叔在那儿教书。 |
[46:42] | Math department. I’m Ken Grisley. | – 真的? – 真的,数学系。我叫肯・格雷斯利。 |
[46:46] | Djuna Berlin. | 朱娜・柏林。 |
[46:49] | Do I want to spend my life making pasta and riding in gondolas? | 我真的希望将我的余生在烹饪意大利面食 和坐着“贡多拉”出行中度过吗? |
[46:54] | The truth is, those canals are awfully polluted. | 说老实话,那些运河污染得特严重。 |
[46:57] | Alberto was cute, but Ken was… | 我想说阿尔贝托是很可爱,但是肯更… |
[47:01] | hot. | 性感。 |
[47:04] | Cuddle up… | 紧紧依偎… |
[47:05] | a little closer. | 更加靠近, |
[47:08] | Lovely mine. | 我可爱的人。 |
[47:13] | Cuddle up… | 紧紧依偎… |
[47:15] | and be my little clinging vine. | 就像小鸟依人。 |
[47:22] | Like to feel your cheeks so rosy. | 我喜欢爱抚你艳若玫瑰的脸颊, |
[47:26] | Like to make you comfy-cosy. | 我喜欢让你安逸舒适, |
[47:31] | ‘Cause I love you from head to toesy. | 因为我爱你,从头顶到脚趾, |
[47:36] | Lovely mine. | 我可爱的人。 |
[48:23] | While i’d been away, an awful lot had happened. | 在我离开期间,发生了许多事情。 |
[48:26] | Mom bought Skylar a drop-dead wedding dress. | 老妈给丝凯拉买了件羡慕死人的婚礼服。 |
[48:29] | Holden’s father and my father made friends. | 霍尔登的父亲和我继父成了朋友。 |
[48:32] | They discovered a common interest – horse racing. | 他们发现了一个共同的爱好――赛马。 |
[48:35] | So they chipped in and bought a thoroughbred. | 所以他们合资买了一匹纯种马。 |
[48:38] | And Lane and Laura had a great summer at the beach. | 莲恩和劳拉在海滩上玩得很快活。 |
[48:41] | But one hot weekend, with everyone else out of New York… | 但是就在这个炎热的周末, 当所有的纽约人都已经外出的时候, |
[48:45] | they found themselves in town. | 她们却留在了城里。 |
[49:07] | We’re probably the only ones in the city. | 那么我们大概是这周末 留在城里的唯一的人了。 |
[49:10] | We usually go to Southampton, but we have tickets to a show. | 我们通常去南安普敦【长岛】, 但是这周末我们买好了一场演出的票。 |
[49:14] | I love the city when it’s empty. | 我喜欢城里空空荡荡的感觉。 |
[49:18] | Me too. | 我也是。 |
[49:20] | Me too. | 我也是。 |
[49:22] | To make a long story short, they’ve all become close. | 长话短说,他们成了朋友。 |
[49:26] | His name, if you can believe it, is Jeffrey Vandermost. | 他的名字,如果你敢相信的话, 叫杰弗里・凡德摩斯特。 |
[49:30] | He’s heir to the Vandermost millions. | 他是富翁凡德摩斯特的后裔。 |
[49:32] | They both love him and one of them’ll have a broken heart. | 她们俩同时都爱上了他, 其中一个注定会伤心欲绝。 |