时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Oh, god. | 噢 天啊 |
[00:07] | It’s not your fault she’s dead. It’s mine. | 她的死是我的错 不是你的 |
[00:10] | I convinced her to stay because I didn’t want to be alone. | 我说服她留下 因为我不想孤单的一个人 |
[00:14] | You can probably make it back to the temple by nightfall. | 你在晚上之前就能到达寺庙 |
[00:25] | I’m sorry you had to see me like that. | 很抱歉让你看到我这个样子 |
[00:29] | Hello, Richard. | 你好 Richard |
[00:30] | – You? – Me. | – 你? – 就是我 |
[00:34] | I am very disappointed in all of you! | 我对你们很失望! |
[00:48] | So what were you doing in Australia? | 你去澳洲干嘛? |
[00:50] | – Business or pleasure? – Actually, I went on a walkabout. | – 出差还是观光? – 其实我是去徒步旅行 |
[00:52] | Welcome to Los Angeles. | 欢迎来到洛杉矶 |
[00:58] | – Bye, daddy. – Bye, sweetie. | – 拜 爸爸 – 拜 亲爱的 |
[01:43] | Oh, come on. | 哦 拜托 |
[02:15] | John? | John啊? |
[02:21] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[02:21] | Yeah. I’m fine. | 嗯 我还行 |
[02:23] | Oh. | 噢 |
[02:24] | Come on, let’s… let’s get you inside. | 来 让… 让我扶你进去 |
[02:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:30] | Well, how long will that take? | 那要多长时间? |
[02:33] | The wedding is in October. | 婚礼在十月举行 |
[02:35] | Look, I’m gonna just have to call you back. Yeah. | 呃 我回头再给你打 好 |
[02:39] | I am so sick of caterers | 我烦死这些酒会承办人 |
[02:43] | and bands | 和乐队了 |
[02:44] | and picking fabrics for chair backs. | 还有选椅子背的花色 |
[02:49] | What do you say we just… | 你觉得就请… |
[02:51] | get my parents and your dad | 我父母和你父亲 在拉斯维加斯 |
[02:55] | and do it shotgun style in Vegas? | 举办一个简单的婚礼 怎么样? |
[02:57] | No. You deserve better than that, Helen. | 不 Helen 你应该得到更好的 |
[03:01] | And we can do this. I know we can. | 我们能做到 我知道我们能 |
[03:06] | I like… | 我喜欢… |
[03:09] | this one. | 这个 |
[03:11] | – That one? – I meant this one. | – 那个? – 我是说这个 |
[03:14] | You are a very sweet man. | 你真贴心 |
[03:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:21] | So how was the conference? | 会议怎么样? |
[03:25] | Boring. | 无聊 |
[03:30] | Who’s, uh, who’s Dr. Jack Shephard? | 谁是Jack Shephard医生? |
[03:33] | Oh, I met him at lost luggage, | 噢 填报失表的时候 |
[03:35] | when I went to fill out the forms. | 在丢失行李处遇到的 |
[03:37] | He… he lost something, too. | 他… 他也丢了个东西 |
[03:39] | He’s a spinal surgeon? | 他是脊椎医生? |
[03:41] | Yeah. Nice guy. | 嗯 人很好 |
[03:42] | He offered me a free consult. | 他给了我一次免费询诊 |
[03:45] | You should call him. | 你应该给他打电话 |
[03:47] | Oh, he was just being polite, Helen. | 哦 Helen 他只是出于礼貌 |
[03:50] | So what? | 那又怎样? |
[03:52] | I mean… | 我是说… |
[03:54] | What are the odds of you just running into a spinal surgeon? | 你碰上一个脊椎医生 这多巧啊? |
[03:59] | I mean, who knows? | 我是说 谁能解释? |
[04:01] | Maybe it’s destiny. | 也许这就是命运 |
[04:05] | Maybe it is. | 没准儿是吧 |
[05:21] | All right, Richard. | 好吧 Richard |
[05:25] | Time to talk. | 是时候谈谈了 |
[06:08] | Welcome back, Colonel. | 欢迎回来 上校 |
[06:11] | Wow. | 哇 |
[06:13] | You got a nice tan in Australia. | 你在澳洲晒得不错 |
[06:16] | Did you miss us? | 想我们吗? |
[06:17] | Sure I did, Randy. | 当然想 Randy |
[06:19] | So… how was the conference, John? | 那么… John 会开得怎么样? |
[06:21] | Uh, it was okay. I didn’t really learn anything. | 噢 还行 我没学到什么东西 |
[06:24] | – No? – But, um, I made some good contacts, though. | – 没有? – 但是 呃 我认识了几个人 |
[06:27] | Really? That’s interesting. | 真的? 很有趣 |
[06:28] | See, uh, Ken Fisher called and said you had to cancel your lunch with him. | 是这样 Ken Fisher打电话说 你取消了跟他的午餐 |
[06:34] | Right, right. I was a little under the weather that day. | 是的 是的 我那天不太舒服 |
[06:37] | – Uh… probably jet lag. – Really? | – 哦… 可能是时差 – 真的吗? |
[06:40] | Cause then the seminar people called | 因为后来会议人员给我打电话 |
[06:42] | and said you hadn’t picked up your credentials. | 说你没有拿你的入场券 |
[06:44] | I did some checking, | 我查了一下 |
[06:45] | and it seems that you didn’t attend a single event. | 你好像什么活动都没参加 |
[06:48] | Since we sent you to Sydney on the company’s dime… | 我们是公费把你送去悉尼的… |
[06:51] | where the hell were you? | 你到底去哪了? |
[06:53] | Look, Randy, I’m really sorry. I’m… | Randy 我很抱歉 我… |
[06:55] | Why don’t we just call it my vacation week? | 为什么不把这当作假期呢? |
[06:58] | I thought you wanted that vacation week in October? | 我认为你想在10月份放假 |
[07:00] | You know, for your wedding. | 你知道的 为了你的婚礼 |
[07:01] | Please, Randy. I… I know I shouldn’t have lied. | 求你了 Randy 我… 我知道不应该说谎 |
[07:05] | But where I was… | 但是我去哪了… |
[07:10] | It’s personal, | 是个人隐私 |
[07:11] | and I… and I really don’t want to talk about it. | 而且我… 我真的不想说这件事 |
[07:13] | Okay, John. | 好吧 John |
[07:14] | Hey, you’re fired. | 嘿 你被解雇了 |
[07:27] | Thirsty? | 渴吗? |
[07:37] | Richard, I’m sorry I hit you in the throat | Richard 很抱歉我打了你的嗓喉咙 |
[07:38] | and dragged you off the beach, but I had to do something. | 还把你拉出沙滩 但我必须要做些什么 |
[07:41] | – What do you want? – What I’ve always wanted… | – 你想干嘛? – 我一直想… |
[07:45] | for you to come with me. | 让你跟我走 |
[07:48] | Why do you look like John Locke? | 为什么你这么像John Locke? |
[07:51] | I knew he’d get me access to Jacob, | 我知道他会带我找到Jacob |
[07:54] | because John’s a candidate, | 因为John是接班人 |
[07:57] | or at least he was a candidate. | 至少曾经是 |
[07:59] | What do you mean… | 你的意思是… |
[08:02] | What do you mean, “a candidate”? | 你说什么”接班人”? |
[08:05] | – Didn’t Jacob tell you any of this? – Any of what? | – Jacob没有告诉你这件事吗? – 告诉我什么? |
[08:09] | Oh, Richard, I’m sorry. | 哦 Richard 我很抱歉 |
[08:11] | You mean, you’ve been doing everything he told you | 你是指 你一直按照他的吩咐去做 |
[08:15] | all this time, and he never said why? | 而他却始终没有告诉你为什么? |
[08:19] | I would never have done that to you. | 我绝不会那样对你 |
[08:21] | I would never have kept you in the dark. | 我也绝不会对你有所隐瞒 |
[08:23] | And… and what would you have done? | 那… 你会怎么做? |
[08:24] | I would have treated you with respect. | 我会对你以礼相待 |
[08:28] | Come with me, | 跟我来 |
[08:30] | and I promise I’ll tell you everything. | 我保证会告诉你一切 |
[08:37] | No. | 不 |
[08:38] | Are you sure about that, Richard? | Richard 你确定吗? |
[08:41] | Because people seldom get a second chance. | 机不可失 失不再来 |
[08:44] | I’m not going anywhere with you. | 我不会跟你去任何地方 |
[08:50] | All right… | 那好吧… |
[09:01] | What? | 怎么了? |
[09:08] | I’ll be seeing you, Richard, sooner than you think. | 待会见 Richard 我去去就来 |
[09:40] | Am I interrupting? | 打扰你了吗? |
[09:44] | Tell me what happened to them. | 告诉我 他们发生了什么事 |
[09:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:48] | There’s a fairly reasonable chance that you won’t believe me. | 你有很合理的理由 质疑我所说的话 |
[09:59] | Try me. | 说来听听 |
[10:01] | John Locke killed them. | 是John Locke杀了他们 |
[10:04] | – All by himself? – Yes. | – 全是他一人所为吗? – 是的 |
[10:06] | He turned into a pillar of black smoke, | 他化作一股黑烟 |
[10:09] | and he killed them right before my eyes. | 就在我眼前 把他们全杀了 |
[10:11] | Did it kill Jacob as well? | Jacob也被杀了吗? |
[10:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:16] | Then where’s his body? | 那他的尸体在哪儿? |
[10:18] | Locke kicked him into the fire, and he burned away. | Locke将他踢入火堆 现在早已化成了灰烬 |
[10:38] | Locke… do you know why he carried Richard out into the jungle? | Locke… 你知道他为什么 将Richard带进丛林吗? |
[10:49] | He’s recruiting. | 他是在招募新人 |
[11:55] | Hello, James. | 你好啊 James |
[12:04] | I thought you were dead. | 我以为你死了呢 |
[12:07] | I am, | 是啊 |
[12:39] | here’s to bein’ dead. | 我就在这儿等死呢 |
[12:45] | You’re taking this extremely well. | 这样非常好啊 |
[12:49] | Taking what extremely well? | 什么非常好? |
[12:51] | That I’m here. | 我还活着站在这里啊 |
[12:52] | I don’t give a damn if you’re dead | 我才不在乎你是死是活 |
[12:56] | or time travelin’ or… | 你是时空旅行… |
[12:57] | the ghost of christmas past. | 或是被圣诞节幽灵带走 于我何干 |
[13:00] | All I care about is this whiskey. | 我只在意这杯威士忌 |
[13:03] | So bottom’s up, | 来 干完这杯 |
[13:06] | then get the hell out of my house. | 然后滚出我的屋子 |
[13:13] | This isn’t your house, James. | 这间屋子不是你的 James |
[13:16] | The hell it ain’t. | 不是我的又怎样 |
[13:19] | No. You just lived here for a while. | 不 你仅仅是在这儿住过一段时间 |
[13:22] | This was never your house. | 这屋子永远不会是你的 |
[13:27] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[13:30] | You sure as hell ain’t John Locke. | 你一定不是John Locke |
[13:33] | What makes you say that? | 为什么这么说? |
[13:34] | Cause Locke was scared, | 因为Locke很胆小 |
[13:37] | even when he was pretending he wasn’t. | 就算他佯装镇定 也一样 |
[13:41] | But you… | 但是你… |
[13:45] | You ain’t scared. | 你并不胆小 |
[13:53] | What if I told you I was the person who could answer | 如果我告诉你 我是唯一通晓玄机的人 |
[13:57] | the most important question in the world? | 又该怎么说呢? |
[14:07] | And what question is that? | 什么玄机? |
[14:11] | Why are you on this island? | 你为什么会在这所岛上? |
[14:15] | I’m on this island | 我会在这所岛上 |
[14:17] | because my plane crashed, | 是因为我乘坐的飞机坠毁了 |
[14:19] | ’cause my flight blew up, | 飞机在空中炸毁 |
[14:23] | because the helicopter I was on was ridin’ one too heavy. | 还有 我驾驶的直升机载荷过重 |
[14:26] | That’s not why you’re here. | 那不是你在这里的原因 |
[14:30] | And if you come with me… | 如果你愿意跟我来… |
[14:34] | I can prove it. | 我就能向你证实 |
[14:41] | Well, I guess I better put some pants on. | 好吧 我得先穿好裤子 |
[15:03] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:16] | Come on! | 靠! |
[15:17] | Aw, damn it! | 噢 去死吧! |
[15:26] | Dude? | 老兄? |
[15:27] | Dude! | 老兄! |
[15:33] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么? |
[15:35] | What am I doing? What the hell are you doing? | 我要干什么? 你他妈的要干什么? |
[15:37] | You ever park a car in your life? | 你这辈子停过车吗? |
[15:39] | You’re practically in my spot! | 你几乎占了我的车位! |
[15:40] | – I’m sorry. – Yeah. | – 我很抱歉 – 哼 |
[15:42] | But, you know, there’s a handicap spot right over here. | 但是 看 那边有一个残疾人专用停车位 |
[15:44] | Yeah. Yeah, okay. But I don’t have to park there. | 是 是有 但有谁规定我必须停在那了 |
[15:48] | I can park anywhere I want. | 我可以想停哪儿就停哪儿 |
[15:50] | You need to stay inside the lines. | 而你 只需要把车停在自己的车位里 |
[15:53] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[15:54] | They were supposed to reserve a spot for me. | 他们本该给我预留一个车位的 |
[15:56] | So, you know, I just parked here. | 可是 哎 所以我只能停这儿了 |
[16:01] | I haven’t seen you before. You work here? | 我从来没见过你 你在这个公司工作吗? |
[16:04] | Actually, I own the company. | 事实上 这是我的公司 |
[16:13] | Hugo Reyes. | 我是Hugo Reyes |
[16:16] | John Locke. | 我是John Locke |
[16:19] | Cool. What do you do here, John? | 好 你是做什么工作的 John? |
[16:20] | Uh, actually, nothing. My boss just fired me. | 呃 实际上 什么都不是 我的上司刚把我炒了 |
[16:24] | Oh? Who’s your boss? | 哦? 谁是你的上司? |
[16:26] | His name is Randy. | 他叫Randy |
[16:28] | – But, uh… – Randy Nations? | – 不过 呃… – 是Randy Nations? |
[16:30] | Yeah. Yes. | 对 就是他 |
[16:31] | Yeah, that guy is a huge douche. | 哦 那可是个十足的蠢货 |
[16:34] | You want me to talk to him for ya? | 想让我帮你向他求情吗? |
[16:35] | No, that’s okay. | 不 没关系的 |
[16:39] | Tell you what, John. | 听着 John |
[16:41] | I own a temp agency, too. | 我还有一个临时代理处 |
[16:43] | Call this number | 打这个电话 |
[16:46] | and tell them that Hugo said | 告诉他们 Hugo说了 |
[16:48] | to hook you up with a new job pronto. | 要给你安排一份新工作 马上 |
[16:54] | And chin up. | 打起精神来 |
[16:56] | Things are gonna work out. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[17:08] | He’s getting pretty ripe. | 他已经开始腐烂了 |
[17:16] | Where is everybody? | 人都去哪儿了? |
[17:17] | They left. They said they were going to the temple. | 走了 他们说要到寺庙那去 |
[17:20] | Right now it’s the safest place on the island. | 目前 那是岛上最安全的地方 |
[17:22] | – We should go there, too. – Are you all right? | – 我们也该去那儿 – 你还好吗? |
[17:30] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[17:33] | Come on, let’s get out of here. | 来吧 咱们离开这儿 |
[17:35] | What makes you think that I’m going with you? | 你凭什么认为 我会跟你走? |
[17:37] | Because you want to find Jin. | 因为你想要找到Jin |
[17:41] | What do you know about my husband? | 你知道他现在的情况? |
[17:44] | I know that if he’s on the island and he’s alive, | 我知道如果他还活着 还在这个岛上 |
[17:49] | then he’ll be at the temple. | 那他一定是在寺庙里 |
[17:54] | Let’s get moving. | 我们走吧 |
[17:57] | What about John? | John怎么办? |
[18:01] | We need to bury him. | 我们得把他埋了 |
[18:11] | What were you doing alone in that house, James? | 你一个人在那个房子里都干什么 James? |
[18:13] | Drinking. | 喝酒 |
[18:14] | – Where are the rest of your friends? – Some, temple, somewhere. | – 你其他朋友都哪儿去了? – 一些去了寺庙 一些 其它地方 |
[18:18] | Why aren’t you with them? | 你为什么不跟他们一起去呢? |
[18:21] | You know what? How about we just don’t talk? | 你猜怎么着? 咱们就安安静静的走 成吗? |
[18:24] | You got it. | 听你的 |
[18:30] | Who the hell is that? | 他是谁? |
[18:33] | You can see him? | 你能看见他? |
[18:34] | The kid? Hell, yeah, I can see him. | 那孩子? 靠 对 我当然看得见他 |
[18:36] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[19:01] | You know the rules. | 你知道规矩 |
[19:03] | You can’t kill him. | 你不能杀他 |
[19:08] | Don’t tell me what I can’t do. | 不要告诉我 什么不能做 |
[19:20] | Don’t tell me what I can’t do! | 不要告诉我 什么不能做! |
[19:28] | Locke! Locke! | Locke! Locke呀! |
[19:37] | Look, whoever you are, you got about 20 seconds, | 听着 不管你是谁 给你20秒钟 给我出来 |
[19:39] | and then I’m outta here! | 否则 我就走了! |
[19:46] | – Where is he? – What the hell are you doing here? | – 他呢? – 你在这儿干什么? |
[19:48] | – Where is he? – Locke? Ran off into the jungle after some kid. | – 他在哪儿? – Locke? 追着一个小孩进丛林里了 |
[19:51] | – We need to go, now. – Go where? | – 我们得马上走 现在 – 去哪? |
[19:53] | – To the temple. Let’s go. Let’s go. – You know what? | – 去寺庙 快走 快走 – 你知道吗? |
[19:56] | I’ve been to the temple. I think I’m sticking with Locke. | 我去过寺庙了 而现在 我要跟着Locke |
[19:58] | – That man is not John Locke. – I know. | – 他不是John Locke – 我知道 |
[20:01] | – Then why are you with him? – Because he’s got answers, | – 那你为什么还要和他在一起? – 因为他知道答案 |
[20:03] | says he knows why I’m on this island… | 他说他知道我来到这个岛上的真正原因… |
[20:05] | – unless you wanna tell me why I’m here, Richard. – Don’t be naive. | – 除非你愿意告诉我 Richard – 别天真了 |
[20:07] | – He’s not gonna tell you anything. He’s gonna kill you. – If he wanted to kill me, | – 他什么都不会告诉你的 他要杀了你 – 如果他要杀我 |
[20:10] | – he could’ve done it a dozen times already. – You don’t understand what you’re dealing with. | – 他都可以 杀死我十几次了 – 你不明白 |
[20:13] | He doesn’t just want you dead. He wants everyone dead… | 他不只想要你死 他要置每个人于死地… |
[20:15] | everyone you care about… all of them… and he won’t stop… | 你关心的每个人… 所有人… 他不会善罢甘休的… |
[20:26] | Who you talking to? | 你在和谁说话? |
[20:29] | Nobody. | 没人啊 |
[20:31] | You ever catch up with the kid? | 你追上那个孩子了吗? |
[20:32] | What kid? | 什么孩子? |
[20:36] | Right. | 好 |
[20:37] | Let’s get on with it, shall we? | 咱们上路吧 好吗? |
[20:39] | Yes, James. Les get on with it. | 好 James 咱们赶紧上路 |
[20:47] | What kind of animal would you describe yourself as? | 你会把自己描述为哪种动物? |
[20:53] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[20:55] | What kind of animal would you describe yourself as? | 你会把自己描述为哪种动物? |
[20:59] | Uh… I… I don’t know what that has to do with… | 呃… 我… 我不知道这跟我的工作有什么关系… |
[21:01] | Just say whatever comes to mind. | 想到什么就说什么 |
[21:06] | Would you describe yourself as a people person? | 你是不是想把自己 描述成人类个人? |
[21:13] | May I speak to your supervisor? | 我能不能找你的上司谈谈? |
[21:16] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[21:19] | I’ll go get her. | 我去找她 |
[21:28] | Good morning, Mr. Locke? | 早上好 Locke先生? |
[21:30] | Yeah. | 是 |
[21:31] | I’m Rose Nadler, the office supervisor. | 我是Rose Nadler 办公室主任 |
[21:34] | What can I do for you? | 有什么需要帮忙的? |
[21:35] | Uh, what you can do, Ms. Nadler, | 呃 Nadler女士 您能帮我的是 |
[21:37] | is to spare me the question about what kind of animal I am | 别让我回答 我是什么动物 这种问题 |
[21:40] | and hopefully place me in a job. | 并且希望您给我一份工作 |
[21:42] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[21:44] | What kind of placement are you looking for? | 你想做什么样的工作? |
[21:46] | Well, I see here | 我看到你们这儿 |
[21:47] | that you have a listing for a site coordinator. | 需要一个工地协调员 |
[21:50] | Construction site coordinator. | 建筑工地协调员 |
[21:52] | Uh, I’m not sure that’s a good match. | 呃 我不太确定这职位适合您 |
[21:55] | – Well, if experience is the issue, I have… – Experience isn’t the issue. | – 如果您关心的是工作经验的话 我有很多… – 工作经验不是问题 |
[22:00] | Look, Mr. Reyes told me | 瞧 Reyes先生告诉我 |
[22:03] | if I came down here, I would be taken care of. | 如果我过来 你们就会给我安排好 |
[22:06] | And Mr. Reyes is my boss, so if he said that, | Reyes先生是我的老板 如果他那样说 |
[22:09] | I can make it happen for you. | 我就会这样做 |
[22:11] | If you want to work construction, you got it. | 如果你想做建筑 你就做吧 |
[22:14] | – Thank you. – I’m not finished. | – 谢谢 – 我还没说完 |
[22:15] | I will send you down there tomorrow, | 明天我会让你到工地去 |
[22:18] | and then the day after, | 后天 |
[22:20] | you will be back in my office. | 你再来我的办公室 |
[22:24] | Look… | 听着… |
[22:25] | Mr. Locke, let’s try to be a little more realistic. | Locke先生 我们还是比较现实一点吧 |
[22:30] | And what do you know about realistic? | 你又对现实有多了解? |
[22:38] | I have cancer. | 我患了癌症 |
[22:40] | Terminal cancer. | 晚期 |
[22:44] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[22:45] | When the doctors first told me, | 当大夫第一次告诉我时 |
[22:47] | I had a hard time accepting it. | 我很难接受 |
[22:51] | But eventually, I got past the denial part | 但最终 我接受了事实 |
[22:55] | and I got back to living whatever life I’ve got left. | 并且我准备好好珍惜 剩下的一分一秒 |
[23:02] | So… | 所以… |
[23:04] | How about we find you a job | 要不我们帮你找一份 |
[23:06] | you can do? | 你适合的工作? |
[23:15] | Do you read? | 你看书么? |
[23:17] | Excuse me? | 你说啥? |
[23:18] | Books. You read books? | 你看不看书? |
[23:20] | Sure. Who doesn’t? | 当然 谁不看书? |
[23:23] | My favorite’s Steinbeck, “Of Mice and Men.” | 我最喜欢的是斯坦贝克的 “人与鼠” |
[23:27] | You know that one? | 你听说过么? |
[23:29] | Nope. A little after my time. | 没 跟我不是一个年代 |
[23:35] | It’s about these two guys, George and Lennie. | 讲的是两个人George和Lennie |
[23:38] | Lennie’s kind of slow, | Lennie反应有点慢 |
[23:40] | causing George problems. | 会给George惹麻烦 |
[23:43] | So George walks him out in the woods, | 所以George带他走进森林 |
[23:46] | tells him to look out yonder and picture | 叫他朝那边看 并且描绘说 |
[23:48] | the pretty little house they’re gonna live in one day. | 他们将来要在那儿 住漂亮的小房子 |
[23:51] | and he shoots Lennie in the back of the head. | 之后他朝Lennie脑袋后面开了一枪 |
[23:53] | Well, that doesn’t sound like a happy ending. | 好吧 听起来不是个大团圆结局 |
[23:56] | It isn’t. | 的确 |
[24:04] | – What’s on your mind, James? – I’m wondering what would happen to you | – 你在想什么呢 James? – 我在寻思如果我朝你 |
[24:06] | if I put a bullet in your head. | 脑袋后面开一枪 你会怎么样 |
[24:10] | Mm. Why don’t we find out? | 嗯 要不我们试试? |
[24:18] | What are you? | 你到底是什么东西? |
[24:22] | What I am is trapped. | 我是个被困住的人 |
[24:25] | and I’ve been trapped for so long | 被困住了很长一段时间 |
[24:27] | that I don’t even remember what it feels like to be free. | 以至于 我都忘了自由的感觉 |
[24:32] | Maybe you can understand that. | 也许你能理解 |
[24:35] | But before I was trapped, I was a man, James, just like you. | 我被困之前 我是一个普通人 像你一样 James |
[24:39] | I have a hard time believing that. | 我才不信 |
[24:41] | Well, you can believe whatever you want, but that’s the truth. | 好吧 随你信不信 但那是事实 |
[24:44] | I know what it’s like to feel joy, | 我知道什么是 快乐 |
[24:48] | to feel pain, anger, fear… | 痛苦 愤怒 恐惧… |
[24:51] | to experience betrayal. | 什么是被背叛的滋味 |
[24:54] | I know what it’s like to lose someone you love. | 我也知道 失去深爱之人的感觉 |
[25:02] | If you wanna shoot me, shoot me. | 如果你要开枪 就动手吧 |
[25:04] | But you’re so close, James. | 但是你已经离得很近了 James |
[25:08] | It would be such a shame to turn back now. | 现在回头 太可惜了 |
[25:37] | Why did you have to bring him to the statue in the first place? | 为什么一开始 你们要把他带到雕像那儿去? |
[25:39] | Because the people there | 因为那儿的人们 |
[25:41] | need to see the face of what they’re up against. | 需要知道他们的敌人长什么样 |
[25:43] | And what’s to stop what they’re up against | 那又怎么样能阻止他们的敌人 |
[25:45] | from changing his face? | 变模样呢? |
[25:47] | He can’t. Not anymore. | 他现在变不了了 |
[25:50] | He’s stuck this way. | 这条路他走不通了 |
[26:41] | Does anyone want to say anything? | 有没有人想说些什么? |
[26:47] | Didn’t any of you know him? | 都没人认识他吗? |
[26:54] | All right, I knew him. | 好吧 我认识他 |
[27:00] | John Locke was a… | John Locke是一位… |
[27:10] | a believer. He was a man of faith. | 信徒 他有自己的信仰 |
[27:13] | He was… | 他… |
[27:15] | a much better man… | 我永远成为不了… |
[27:20] | than I will ever be… | 他那样的人… |
[27:25] | And I’m very sorry I murdered him. | 我非常抱歉 杀害了他 |
[27:41] | This is the weirdest damn funeral | 这鬼葬礼是我参加过的 |
[27:42] | I’ve ever been to. | 最诡异的了 |
[28:35] | Hello. Dr. Shephard’s office. | 你好 Shephard医生办公室 |
[28:37] | Hello? | 喂? |
[28:39] | Can I help you? | 需要找谁? |
[28:41] | No. No, you can’t. | 不 我谁都不找 |
[28:45] | Who was that on the phone? | 你在跟谁打电话? |
[28:46] | Mm, no one. | 呃 没人 |
[28:49] | No one? | 没人? |
[28:50] | John, I just heard you talking on the phone. | John 我刚才确实听到你在讲电话 |
[28:55] | I was, uh, | 我 呃 |
[28:57] | I was calling Dr. Shephard. | 我刚才是打给Shephard医生的 |
[29:03] | Well, good for you. when are you gonna see him? | 好啊 不错啊 你准备什么时候去见他? |
[29:06] | I’m not gonna see him. | 我不打算见他 |
[29:09] | – Well, I… I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t you want… – I got fired, Helen. | – 呃 我… 不懂 你为什么不打算… – 我被解雇了 Helen |
[29:20] | Coming! | 来了! |
[29:22] | Ma’am? Oceanic courier. | 女士? 我是大洋航空快件员 |
[29:25] | I’m delivering your lost luggage. | 这是之前我们弄丢的行李 |
[29:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[29:31] | Sign here to accept the delivery. | 麻烦您在这签个字 |
[29:37] | – Thanks. – Okay, thanks. | – 谢谢 – 好的 谢谢 |
[29:47] | Okay, John. | 好吧 John |
[29:51] | Now talk to me. | 现在跟我谈谈吧 |
[29:54] | How did you get fired? | 你为什么被解雇了? |
[29:59] | I lied to Randy. I didn’t go to the conference in Sydney. | 我跟Randy撒谎了 我没去参加悉尼的会议 |
[30:03] | What? | 什么? |
[30:06] | Open the case, Helen. | Helen 把箱子打开 |
[30:35] | W… What are these for? | 这… 这些是干嘛的? |
[30:37] | My walkabout. | 我的徒步旅行 |
[30:39] | Your… y… your what? | 你… 你… 的什么? |
[30:41] | My walkabout. | 徒步旅行 |
[30:43] | An adventure in the outback | 内地的一次冒险 |
[30:45] | Man against nature. | 在野外生存 |
[30:48] | But they wouldn’t let me go. | 但他们不让我去 |
[30:51] | And… and I sat there yelling at them, | 所以… 我坐着向他们喊 |
[30:53] | shouting at them, | 对着他们吼 |
[30:55] | that they couldn’t tell me what I can’t do. | 别跟我说 什么事情我做不了 |
[30:59] | But they were right. | 可他们说得对 |
[31:06] | I’m sick of imagining | 我受够了想象 |
[31:08] | what my life could be out of this chair, Helen, | 能站起来之后的生活 Helen |
[31:11] | what it would be like to… | 受够了想象… |
[31:14] | walk down the aisle with you, | 能站起来和你结婚 |
[31:17] | ’cause it’s not gonna happen. | 因为这根本不可能发生 |
[31:23] | So if you need me to see more doctors, | 但如果你想让我多看几个医生 |
[31:25] | if, uh… have more consults, | 呃… 多咨询几次 |
[31:27] | if you need me to get out of this chair, | 如果你想要我站起来 |
[31:29] | I don’t blame you. | 我不会怪你 |
[31:32] | But I don’t want you to spend your life | 可我不希望你用尽一生 |
[31:33] | waiting for a miracle, Helen, because… | 来等待这个奇迹 Helen 因为… |
[31:37] | there is no such thing. | 根本就没有奇迹 |
[31:53] | There are miracles, John. | 奇迹是有的 John |
[31:58] | And the only thing… | 可我唯一… |
[32:02] | I was ever waitin’ for… | 在等待的… |
[32:07] | was you. | 就是你 |
[32:38] | Nice view. | 景色不错 |
[32:40] | Now what? | 接下来呢? |
[32:43] | Now we go down. | 现在我们下去 |
[32:46] | Down where? | 下去哪儿? |
[32:50] | Down there. | 下去那儿 |
[32:54] | No offense, but you already died, | 无意冒犯 你是已经死了 |
[32:56] | so it’s great that this is not a big deal for you. | 你当然不觉得有什么大不了 |
[32:58] | But if you think I’m climbin’ down there first, | 可你要是认为 我会先下去 |
[33:00] | you are off your damn nut. | 你就真他妈疯了 |
[33:02] | It’s no problem. I’ll go first. | 没关系 我先下去 |
[33:22] | You comin’, James? | 你下来吗 James? |
[34:10] | James! | James啊! |
[34:13] | Locke! | Locke啊! |
[34:18] | Jump. I got you. come on! | 跳呀 抓住我 快点! |
[34:21] | Come on, I got you! come on! | 快点 抓住我! 快点! |
[34:24] | Come on! | 快点! |
[34:25] | Uhh! Come on! | 呃! 快点! |
[34:28] | Aah! Look out! | 啊! 小心! |
[35:08] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方? |
[35:32] | What the hell’s that all about? | 这究竟是怎么回事? |
[35:33] | Inside joke. | 天大的笑话 |
[35:36] | So this is what you wanted me to see… | 这就是你想让我看的… |
[35:39] | a hole in the cliff with some rocks on the cale? | 悬崖壁洞里 天平上摆着的几块石头? |
[35:42] | That’s why I’m here? | 这就是我会在岛上的原因? |
[35:47] | No. | 不是 |
[36:02] | That’s why you’re here. | 那才是你会在岛上的原因 |
[36:10] | That, James, is why you’re all here. | James 那就是你们会在岛上的原因 |
[36:32] | All right, dig it out. Come on. All the way. | 好的 做到位 加油 保持这样 |
[36:34] | No cheatin’. Come on, now. Come on, all the way. | 不要作弊 快点 加油 保持这样 |
[36:38] | You can catch ’em. You can catch ’em. | 你们可以赶上 你们可以赶上 |
[36:40] | Come on, dig it out. | 加油 做到位 |
[36:44] | Bring it in now. Bring it in all the way. | 现在冲刺 保持冲刺状态 |
[36:46] | Good job. Good job. | 好样的 好样的 |
[36:53] | All right, everyone! | 好了 同学们! |
[36:56] | Please open your textbooks to chapter four. | 请把课本翻到第四章 |
[36:58] | Today we are going to talk about… | 今天我们要讲… |
[37:02] | the human reproductive system. | 人类的生殖系统 |
[37:10] | Do you know where the teach… | 你知道教… |
[37:11] | Excuse me. Can you tell me where the teachers’ lounge is? | 不好意思 能告诉我教师休息室在哪儿吗? |
[37:14] | – Yeah, it’s over there. – thank you. | – 嗯 就在那儿 – 谢谢 |
[37:21] | All right, people, I know I sound like a broken record, | 好了 大家 我知道我像个跳线的唱片喋喋不休 |
[37:23] | but how many times do we have to go over this? | 可我还要再说多少次才行? |
[37:25] | If you have the last cup of coffee, | 如果谁喝完最后一杯咖啡 |
[37:28] | you remove the filter | 请把滤纸拿下来 |
[37:30] | and throw it away. | 丢掉 |
[37:33] | Fear not. I will make a fresh pot. | 别担心 我会煮一壶新的 |
[37:35] | Actually, I was just hoping for some earl grey. | 其实我只想喝点伯爵红茶 |
[37:38] | Tea? | 茶? |
[37:40] | Now there’s a gentleman’s drink. | 现在总算有人要绅士饮品了 |
[37:42] | I don’t believe we’ve met. Ben Linus. European history. | 我们好像还没见过 我叫Ben Linus 教欧洲历史 |
[37:46] | – John Locke. Substitute. – Well, welcome. | – 我叫John Locke 是代课教师 – 嗯 欢迎你 |
[38:05] | Who wrote all this? | 这些都是谁写的? |
[38:07] | His name was Jacob. | 一个曾叫”Jacob”的人 |
[38:09] | “Was” Jacob? | 曾叫”Jacob”? |
[38:12] | He died yesterday. | 他昨天死了 |
[38:21] | You don’t seem too upset about it. | 你看起来倒不是太难过 |
[38:24] | I’m not. | 我不难过 |
[38:28] | Why are all the names crossed out? | 为什么这些名字都被划掉了? |
[38:31] | They’re not all crossed out. | 没有都划掉 |
[38:34] | “Shephard.” | “Shephard”没划掉 |
[38:38] | That’d be Jack Shephard? | 是指Jack Shephard? |
[38:48] | And he’s not the only one. | 不只他 |
[38:55] | “Reyes.” | “Reyes.”也没 |
[38:57] | that’s Hugo, right? | 就是Hugo 对吧? |
[39:01] | – What’s the 8 about? – Jacob had a thing for numbers. | – 这个8是什么意思? – Jacob对数字很痴迷 |
[39:07] | “16. Jarrah.” | 有”16 Jarrah” |
[39:13] | “42. Kwon.” | 有”42 Kwon” |
[39:14] | I don’t know if it’s Sun or if it’s Jin. | 我不知道指的是Sun还是Jin |
[39:21] | Here. | 这儿 |
[39:24] | “4. Locke.” | 还有”4 Locke” |
[39:26] | I think both know him. | 我想我们俩都认识他 |
[39:35] | Last but not least… | 最后同样重要的… |
[39:39] | “number 15. Ford.” | “15号 Ford” |
[39:45] | That would be you. | 就是你 |
[39:47] | Why would he write my name on this wall? | 他把我名字写在这面墙上干嘛? |
[39:48] | – I never even met the guy. – Oh, no, I’m sure you did meet Jacob. | – 我又没见过他 – 哦 不 你肯定见过他 |
[39:58] | At some point in your life, James, | 就在你生命的某个重要时刻 James |
[39:59] | probably when you were young, | 很可能在你还很小 |
[40:01] | when you were miserable and vulnerable, he came to you. | 很可怜 很脆弱的时候 他找过你 |
[40:05] | He manipulated you, | 他操纵着你 |
[40:06] | pulled your strings like you were a puppet. | 把你当成木偶那样操纵 |
[40:09] | And as a result, choices that you thought you made | 结果 你以为是你自己做的那些选择 |
[40:12] | were never really choices at all. | 事实上根本就不是选择 |
[40:15] | He was pushing you, James. | 他在逼迫你 James |
[40:18] | Pushing you… | 逼迫你… |
[40:20] | to the island. | 来到这个岛上 |
[40:25] | Why the hell would he do that? | 那他究竟为什么要这么做? |
[40:26] | Because you’re a candidate. | 因为你是接班人之一 |
[40:29] | Candidate for what? | 什么的接班人? |
[40:32] | He thought he was the protector of this place. | 他认为自己是这个地方的守护者 |
[40:34] | And you, James, have been nominated… | 而你 James 已经被提名… |
[40:38] | to take over that job. | 来接手那份使命 |
[40:40] | What does that mean? | 那意味着什么? |
[40:41] | It means you’ve got three choices. | 意味着你有三个选择 |
[40:43] | First, you can do nothing and… | 第一个选择 你可以什么都不做… |
[40:49] | see how all this plays out. | 静观其变 |
[40:53] | And possibly, | 这样很可能 |
[40:55] | your name… | 你的名字… |
[40:57] | will get crossed out. | 就会被划掉 |
[41:02] | Second option, | 第二个选择就是 |
[41:04] | you can accept the job, | 你可以接下这份使命 |
[41:05] | become the new Jacob and protect the island. | 成为新的Jacob 来守护这个岛 |
[41:09] | Protect it from what? | 守护它什么? |
[41:11] | From nothing, James. | 没有什么 James |
[41:13] | That’s the joke. | 这就是那个天大的笑话 |
[41:14] | There’s nothing to protect it from. | 根本没什么好守护的 |
[41:17] | It’s just a damn island. | 就是个破岛而已 |
[41:19] | And it will be perfectly fine without Jacob or you | 没有Jacob或你 或其他任何被他荒废生命的人 |
[41:22] | or any of the other people whose lives he wasted. | 这岛都会好好的 继续存在 |
[41:31] | You said there were three choices. | 你说了有三个选择 |
[41:34] | The third choice, James, is that we just go. | 第三个 James 就是我们离开 |
[41:38] | We just get the hell off this island | 只要我们离开这个岛 |
[41:42] | and we never look back. | 永远地忘掉它 |
[41:45] | And how do we do that? | 那怎么才能做到? |
[41:49] | Together. | 我们一起 |
[42:00] | So what do you say, James? | 你说呢 James? |
[42:04] | Are you ready to go home? | 准备好回家了吗? |