时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – 9-1-1. What’s your emergency? – It’s my wife. She’s not breathing. | – 9-1-1. 您有什么紧急事件? – 我太太…她停止呼吸了… |
[00:06] | – Does she have a pulse? – No, and… | – 她还有脉膊吗? – 没有,而且… |
[00:09] | there’s all this blood! | 到处都是血! |
[00:10] | – Sir, what is your name? – Kevin. Kevin O’Neil. | – 先生,你叫什么名字? – 凯文 凯文・欧尼尔 |
[00:13] | Please, help me! | 求求你帮帮我! |
[00:22] | Murder near Malibu. | 马里布发生杀人案件 |
[00:23] | Caitlin O’Neil, 34, | 凯特琳・欧尼尔,34岁 |
[00:25] | was found dead in her mansion swimming pool. | 被发现死于自家豪宅的游泳池内 |
[00:28] | Police have always focused on one suspect, Kevin O’Neil, the victim’s own husband. | 警方现正锁定唯一的嫌犯 凯文・欧尼尔,死者的丈夫 |
[00:32] | Now live, you’re watching as LAPD units move in to arrest O’Neil in his home. | 现在实况为您转播的是警方进入 欧尼尔的豪宅逮捕他的过程 |
[00:37] | A stunningly quick arrest in a case that has shocked the city of Los Angeles, | 这次闪电似的逮补行动震惊了整个洛城 |
[00:41] | today on “American Crime.” | 欢迎收看今天的【美国罪案】 |
[00:44] | That’s right, sweetheart. Keep it up. The meter’s running. | 没错,继续说吧,甜心 |
[00:47] | We’re suing you for defamation now. | 我们即将告你“诽谤”了 |
[00:49] | A week ago, O’Neil hired the law firm of TNT&G, headed by attorneys | 上周欧尼尔雇用了TNT&G律师事务所为他辩护 |
[00:54] | Ron Trott and Tom Nicholson. Trott, the master of media spin, and Nicholson, the | 创始人荣恩・特洛特是控制媒体的高手 |
[00:58] | all-american face of “not guilty,” live for this kind of high profile murder case. | 他的伙伴汤姆・尼可森则是“无罪”的代名词 他们正是为了这种高关注度的案件而存在的 |
[01:02] | She keeps saying I did it like it’s true. Why is she doing that? | 她一直说成好像真的是我杀的 她为什么要这样? |
[01:05] | Because it’s her act. It’s what gets her ratings. | 她只是在演戏 这样才能有高收视率 |
[01:07] | And you’re a great news hook, Kevin. | 你是她用来吸引观众的诱饵,凯文 |
[01:08] | O’Neil allegedly beat his wife to death and threw her in the pool to wash away evidence. | 欧尼尔被控杀死他太太后 将她丢入游泳池以掩灭证据 |
[01:13] | Everybody thinks the husband killed the wife. | 大家都认为是先生杀了太太 |
[01:16] | Ron, please. | 荣恩,拜托 |
[01:18] | Mr. O’Neil, as your lawyers, we want this. We want a trial. | 欧尼尔先生,做为你的律师,我们想要这个 我们想要一个审判 |
[01:22] | And you’re innocent, and when we win, everybody’s gonna know that. | 你是清白的 当我们胜诉时,全世界都会知道 |
[01:25] | Police say he bludgeoned her with a golf club, | 警方指称他用高尔夫球杆重击她致死 |
[01:27] | but so far, the murder weapon has not been found. | 但目前为止,凶器还未被找到 |
[01:31] | Tom, wait. So I’m being arrested for sure? | 汤姆,等等,所以我一定会被逮补? |
[01:32] | I though the D.A. said I could turn myself in if I was being charged. | 我以为检查官说我可以自首 |
[01:35] | He lied, Kevin. They do that. | 他说谎了,凯文 他们常做这种事 |
[01:38] | You’re the district attorney. If we can’t trust your word, just tell me. | 你是地方检查官,如果你说的话不算数的话 你直接告诉我 |
[01:42] | You agreed that he could turn himself in on monday | 你对我的委托人说他可以在星期一去自首 |
[01:44] | and that he would be released until trial. | 而他在开庭审判前将不会被拘留 |
[01:47] | That agreement was with his old lawyers, Luther. | 那项协议是跟他的原律师说的,路瑟 |
[01:50] | Once he hired the great Ron Trott, all deals are off. | 一旦他雇用了伟大的荣恩・特劳特 之前的协议都不算数了 |
[01:53] | Ron gets no breaks from me or this office ever. | 荣恩永远别想从我这里得到任何好处 |
[02:00] | D.A. set us up. | 检查官陷害我们 |
[02:04] | It’s friday. They arrest you now, they can hold you all weekend without bail. | 今天是星期五 他们现在逮捕你的话 你得要到星期一才能交保释放 |
[02:08] | Monday, after you’ve spent two nights in jail and you look like crap, | 在牢里过了两晚的你看起来会非常憔悴 |
[02:12] | they perp walk you into court. | 他们再把你拖拉进法庭 |
[02:14] | Nothing says “guilty” to potential jurors like a mug shot and an orange jumpsuit. | 任何人看到穿着橘色牢服、如此蜡遢的你 直觉都会认为你有罪的 |
[02:18] | Alden, what are your contacts downtown saying? | 雅登,你城中的消息怎么样? |
[02:20] | This is all a media play. | 这根本就是在利用媒体 |
[02:22] | The D.A. put out a press release before the warrant was even signed. | 检查官在还没签拘捕证前就已经发布新闻稿了 |
[02:26] | Nice. | 棒极了 |
[02:28] | Police and media vans are arriving simultaneously to the O’Neil house. | 警方和媒体的车子同时到达了欧尼尔的豪宅 |
[02:32] | Things have got to be tense inside, where Kevin is meeting with his attorneys. | 房子里现在一定处于紧张的状态 欧尼尔现在正和他的律师们会面 |
[02:37] | Okay, the D.A. screwed us. What are we gonna do about it? | 好,检查官害了我们,我们现在怎么办? |
[02:43] | Get Kevin out the back. We surrender him before they arrest him. | 把凯文从后面带出去,我们在他们进来逮捕前自首 |
[02:46] | Nice. There’s nothing illegal about it. | 不错,这样做可不违法 |
[02:47] | A guy’s got a right to turn himself in anytime he wants. | 一个人随时都有自首的权利 |
[02:49] | Great way to get him shot. | 警方有可能开枪射他 |
[02:50] | If Kevin stays here, we’ll be giving the D.A. just what he wants– | 如果凯文留在这里的话,我们等于 双手奉上检查官最想要的– |
[02:53] | photos of Kevin looking guilty as hell. | 凯文看来“有罪”的照片 |
[02:55] | I’m not saying run him to Mexico. I’m saying surrender him to face the charges. | 我不是说带他逃到墨西哥 我是说带他去自首 |
[02:58] | Yeah, they see us, and this becomes a high-speed chase, prime time. | 没错,但他们发现我们的话 这就变成一起高速追捕案了 |
[03:01] | we will not get a fair jury. | 我们不会得到一个公平的陪审团 |
[03:02] | – So don’t drive fast. – What? | – 那就别开那么快 – 什么? |
[03:04] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[03:06] | The D.A.’s playing hardball, partly because this case has gotten a lot of press. | 检查官故意为难我们 少部份是因为现在媒体闹得沸沸扬扬的 |
[03:09] | Mostly because he’s an ass. | 不过最主要是因为他就是个贱人 |
[03:11] | Turning you in would give us a better chance of getting you bail. | 你去自首的话有比较大的机会可以交保 |
[03:13] | What we need to do is turn you in someplace quiet with no cameras, no press. | 我们现在需要找到一个 安静、没有媒体的地方让你去自首 |
[03:17] | Does Malibu have a substation? | 马里布有分局吗? |
[03:19] | Yeah, a nice one. I handled one of Downey’s rearrests there. | 有一个不错的 我曾在丹尼被捕时去过那边 |
[03:21] | I don’t want Kevin dragged out in front of his neighbors. | 我不想让邻居看到凯文被抓出去的样子 |
[03:24] | He’s still gotta live here when this is over. | 这案子结束后他还得住在这里 |
[03:27] | Daddy, who’s there? | 爹地,这些人是谁? |
[03:28] | – Grace. – Grace, | – 葛蕾丝 – 葛蕾丝 |
[03:31] | look, your daddy and I have to go somewhere. | 听好,我和你爸爸要去一个地方 |
[03:32] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[03:33] | Nothing. We’re taking care of it, okay? | 没事的,交给我们就好了 |
[03:35] | I don’t want her to see her father in handcuffs. Get him out of here! | 我不想让她看到她爸爸被戴上手铐 把他带走 |
[03:40] | Pull the car around the back. | 把车开到后面来 |
[03:42] | Baby, I have to go in a second, but– | 宝贝,我待会就要走了,不过– |
[03:43] | Kevin, go now. | 凯文,快走吧 |
[03:45] | We gotta go. come on. We gotta go. | 我们该走了 快呀,我们该走了 |
[03:48] | Go ahead. | 走吧 |
[03:53] | – What if the police see us? – They better not. | – 警察看到我们的话怎么办? – 最好是不要 |
[03:55] | The minute you go over that wall, they’re gonna say you’re a fugitive. | 一旦你越过那道墙,你就成为逃犯了 |
[03:58] | Look, don’t worry about it. | 听好,别担心这个 |
[04:00] | You’re only a fugitive if we don’t turn you in. | 你不去自首的话才算是个逃犯 |
[04:03] | All right? | 好吗? |
[04:05] | You good? | 没事吧 |
[04:07] | – Um, yeah. – Let’s do this. | – 嗯,没事 – 我们走吧 |
[04:19] | It’s okay. It’s our ride. Come on. | 没关系,是我们的车子 |
[04:21] | Hurry up, we gotta get to the sheriff’s station. | 开快点,我们要到警局 |
[04:31] | Detective Franklin, are you here to arrest him? | 法兰克林警探,你是来逮捕他的吗? |
[04:39] | Free air, and it buys us time while Kevin’s turning himself in. | 新鲜空气,而且我们又可以拖延点时间 |
[04:46] | Franklin, you the lead detective on this? | 法兰克林,你是这次的负责刑事吗? |
[04:49] | Yeah. you got a problem with that? | 是的 有什么问题吗? |
[04:50] | No, but Ron’s gonna make a statement first. Is that a problem for you? | 没有 不过荣恩想先发表一些声明 如果你不介意的话 |
[04:58] | I am outraged and disgusted that the D.A. continues to persecute my client. | 我对检查官对我的委托人的为难及迫害 感到非常的愤怒及厌恶 |
[05:03] | Trials are supposed to be conducted in courtrooms before juries. | 审判应该是在陪审团的陪同下 在法院里进行的 |
[05:07] | This is trial by TV. | 现在这像是在电视上进行审判 |
[05:10] | This was an accident, and Grace asked me if I killed mommy. | 这是件意外 连葛蕾丝都问我是不是我杀了妈咪 |
[05:13] | You got any idea how that feels? | 你知道那是什么感受吗? |
[05:15] | She’s heard it on the TV. | 她从电视上听来的 |
[05:17] | And I try to– I keep her away from it, | 我试过了– 我尽力让她不要听到这些话 |
[05:19] | but it’s on all the time, everywhere. It’s a nightmare, but I can’t wake up. | 可是这新闻整天都在播 这就像是个无法醒来的恶梦 |
[05:23] | I mean, who’s gonna raise Grace if–if I go to prison? | 如果我– 我被关起来的话 谁要抚养葛蕾丝长大呢? |
[05:26] | Hey, you are not going to prison. All right? | 你不会被关的,听到吗? |
[05:28] | We’re going to win this. | 我们会胜利的 |
[05:30] | I’ve watched the D.A. since day one. | 我从第一天就关注着检查官 |
[05:32] | The press leaks, the rumors, what he just tried to pull– | 漏出的新闻稿、谣言、他搞了很多小手段 |
[05:34] | they don’t do that if they have a good case. | 他有把握赢的话就不会做这些事的 |
[05:36] | They do it if they have a bad case. | 只有在没把握的时候才会这样 |
[05:38] | I am not gonna let them convict you for something you didn’t do. | 我不会让他们把无辜的你关进牢里的 |
[05:47] | The D.A. doesn’t want to try him on the facts. | 检查官不想用证据来审判他 |
[05:49] | He wants to lynch him in the media. | 而是想利用媒体来私刑处决他 |
[05:51] | They were married almost ten years. | 他们结婚接近十年了 |
[05:53] | They had a beautiful daughter Grace. | 他们有个美丽的女儿葛蕾丝 |
[05:55] | Kevin loved his wife. He did not kill her. | 凯文爱他的太太 他并没有杀她 |
[06:02] | This is my client, Kevin O’Neil. There is a warrant out for his arrest. | 这是我的委托人凯文・欧尼尔 现在他正被通缉中 |
[06:05] | You either book him in now or you turn him loose. Either way, | 你要嘛现在拘留他要嘛放了他 |
[06:08] | you write this down– he’s here voluntarily and he’s… | 不管怎样,他是自愿来这里的 |
[06:11] | innocent. | 而且,他是无辜的 |
[06:12] | Kevin O’Neil is 100% innocent. | 凯文・欧尼尔是百分之分无辜的 |
[06:15] | Listen to me. Not “not guilty.” | 听清楚了,不是“无罪” |
[06:18] | Innocent. | 是“无辜” |
[06:19] | In fact, he’s so eager to fight these charges, | 而且,他相当愿意证明自己的清白 |
[06:21] | he just turned himself in to the sheriff’s office in Malibu. | 他刚才已经在马里布警局自首了 |
[06:27] | Show’s over. | 好戏结束了 |
[06:30] | No comment at this time. | 无可奉告 |
[06:31] | We beat ’em on the arrest. Now we just got to beat ’em at trial. | 我们在拘捕上赢过他们 现在只要在法院上赢他们 |
[06:57] | Transcript: RaceMan – Synchro: jh26 | 片名:《金牌律师》 |
[07:11] | All I’m saying is that there are as many reasons to love someone | 我想说的是,爱一个人的理由有很多 |
[07:13] | as there are reasons to kill them. | 想杀一个人的理由也有很多 |
[07:16] | Ron’s wife ends up dead. He’s probably good for it, right? | 荣恩的太太死了,那对她来说大概是件好事吧 |
[07:19] | Kevin? No way. | 凯文?不可能 |
[07:20] | The man’s not angry enough. | 他还没气到那种地步 |
[07:25] | That’s funny about my wife, Tom, but, um… | 你开我太太的玩笑可以,汤姆 |
[07:27] | I wouldn’t mention it in your closing. | 但我不会把它拿来做你的结辩 |
[07:30] | – So you’re sure Kevin’s innocent? – Does it matter to you if he is? | – 你确定凯文是无辜的? – 他无辜的对你有关系吗? |
[07:33] | No, but I know it matters to you, and you’re the one trying the case. | 没有,但我知道对你有关系 而你才是这件案子的律师 |
[07:36] | You do better when you think they’re innocent. It’s a weakness. | 你相信他们是无辜时你的表现才会好 这是你的弱点 |
[07:38] | Yes, Ron. I am sure he’s innocent. | 是的,荣恩,我确定他是无辜的 |
[07:41] | Great. Tom’s first chair, front man, | 很好,汤姆,你来做主律师 |
[07:43] | the good-looking, all-american face of “not guilty.” | 你漂亮的脸蛋是“无罪”的代名词 |
[07:46] | Alden takes the physical evidence. | 雅登负责物证 |
[07:47] | Nobody does scientific testimony like you or scares experts more. | 而你负责提供科学上的证据 |
[07:50] | I’ll hire Dr. Palermo to do our accident re-creation. | 我会雇用帕勒摩医师来帮我重建意外现场 |
[07:53] | What? the man’s a genius. | 怎么?他是个天才 |
[07:55] | That’s his problem, he’s too smart. Can’t talk to juries. | 他的问题就是他太聪明了 他不懂怎么跟陪审团讲话 |
[07:57] | I’ll take charge of Palermo, remake him. I’ve done it with enough boyfriends. | 我负责教他,改造他 我已经改造过好几个男朋友了 |
[08:01] | Luther, get inside the D.A.’s head. You know how these guys think. | 路瑟,你负责推敲检查官的思想 |
[08:04] | Figure out what he’s gonna prove and tear it up. | 想想他会用什么战术,然后一一想出反驳的方法 |
[08:06] | I’ll keep spinning. Biggest media case we’ve had in years. | 而我就继续跟媒体玩 这是近几年来我们碰过最大的媒体案件了 |
[08:11] | Be nice to win it. | 赢的话对我们有好处 |
[08:14] | Bail, not jail, | 交保,而非监牢 |
[08:15] | is what attorney Ron Trott seeks today in a downtown L.A. courtroom. | 这是荣恩・特劳特今天在洛城法院所诉求的 |
[08:20] | This isn’t my suit. | 这不是我的西装 |
[08:22] | Yours are too nice. | 你的西装太高级了 |
[08:23] | We don’t want people thinking you’re rich. | 我们不想让别人觉得你那么有钱 |
[08:25] | Here, put these on. | 戴上这个 |
[08:26] | – I haven’t worn those in years. – Cover up those bags under your eyes. | – 我好久没戴眼镜了 – 这可以帮你遮住你的眼袋 |
[08:32] | Better. | 好多了 |
[08:33] | When we walk into that courtroom, | 我们走进法庭时 |
[08:35] | make sure you look the judge in the eye– not to the side, | 记得你一定要直视着法官的眼睛 |
[08:38] | not down, in the eye. | 不能旁视,不能往下,要直视眼睛 |
[08:41] | And when the judge asks how you plead, you’re gonna say loudly | 当法官问你怎么辩称时,你要大声的 |
[08:46] | and with sincerity… | 诚恳的说… |
[08:47] | Not guilty. | 无罪 |
[08:48] | I’m shocked the judge gave O’Neil bail. | 我对法官允许欧尼尔交保感到震惊 |
[08:50] | That man is a dangerous, cold-blooded killer. | 他是个危险的、冷血的杀人凶手 |
[08:53] | I just hope he doesn’t flee before trial. | 我希望他不要在开庭前就先畏罪潜逃了 |
[08:54] | It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he left the jurisdiction. | 如果他逃出管辖区我也不惊讶 |
[08:57] | Again. | 再一次 |
[08:58] | Losing my wife was a nightmare. So was being… | 失去我的太太是个梦魇 |
[09:01] | wrongly accused of causing her death. Now that I’m free on bail, | 被指控为杀她的凶手更是如此 现在我已经交保 |
[09:03] | – I wanna be with my daughter– – Grace. Say “Grace.” More personal. | – 我只想陪着我的女儿 – 葛蕾丝,说葛蕾丝,这样比较亲蜜 |
[09:06] | Grace, right. Does this have to be word for word? | 葛蕾丝,对,我一定要一字不漏的照说吗? |
[09:11] | Look, you’re the defendant in a high profile murder case. | 你现在是这件谋杀案的辩方 |
[09:13] | We don’t get to trial for months, which means you’re gonna be under | 离开庭审判还有几个月 |
[09:16] | a microscope and analyzed 24 hours a day until then. You know why? entertainment. | 就是说你会24小时被放在显微镜下分析 你知道为什么吗?娱乐 |
[09:20] | Right now, your guilt or innocence is determined by a 60-second video byte on CNN. | 现在你有罪于否取决于 CNN 上一段60秒的新闻播报 |
[09:31] | Losing my wife was a nightmare. So was being wrongly accused of causing her death. | 失去我的太太是个梦魇 被指控为杀她的凶手更是如此 |
[09:36] | And now that I’m free on bail, I want to be with my daughter Grace. | 现在我已经交保 我只想陪着我的女儿葛蕾丝 |
[09:39] | I look forward to proving my innocence at trial. | 我真心期盼在法庭上证明我的清白 |
[09:42] | I can’t go back to jail, okay. I can’t. They’re animals in there. | 我不能再回去监狱了 里面都是些禽兽 |
[09:46] | I never appreciated being free before– | 我从来没有珍惜自由的可贵… |
[09:47] | You’re not free. Your jail has just gotten bigger. | 你还没自由 你只是进到了大一点的监狱 |
[09:50] | I’ve filed an in liminemotion with the court. | 我刚才已经向法院提出申请 |
[09:52] | It puts the cops on notice that you’re invoking your right | 所有警察将被通知你自行放弃 |
[09:53] | not to be interviewed except with an attorney present. | 你必需有律师在场才能被面谈的权利 |
[09:56] | It’s as close to a restraining order as I can get on them. | 这是我能做到让他们不来烦你的最大程度了 |
[09:58] | As for the press, your neighbors– | 致于媒体,你的邻居– |
[10:00] | Talk to no one, trust no one, | 不要和任何人说话,不要相信任何人 |
[10:01] | assume they all wanna sell your story to the tabloids or the D.A. because they do. | 把他们想像成只想把你的秘密 出卖给八卦新闻或检查官的人 |
[10:06] | Our decoy mercedes is leaving the courthouse now. | 我们的假轿车刚离开法院 |
[10:09] | It’ll draw most of the media away, but not all of it, | 大部份的媒体都会被骗得跟去,但不是全部 |
[10:11] | so take side streets. | 所以我们还是走小路 |
[10:12] | No freeways. | 别走高速公路 |
[10:13] | The trial isn’t for weeks. | 还有几个礼拜才开庭 |
[10:15] | What am I supposed to do, hide in my house? | 我这期间做什么?躲在房子里? |
[10:16] | Pretty much, yeah. That’s your schedule. | 基本上是这样 这是你的行程 |
[10:18] | We can’t afford to risk you being ambushed by a reporter or set up by the cops. | 我们不能冒险你被记者或是警察围住 |
[10:22] | I don’t want you getting convicted because you said or did something stupid | 我不想要你因为自己说了或做了 什么愚蠢的事而被判罪 |
[10:24] | – before the trial. – Take my daughter to church, | 带我女儿上教堂 |
[10:27] | visit my wife’s grave– you gonna take photos of that? | 到我太太的坟前凭吊– 你们要拍照吗? |
[10:29] | No, but some media will probably be following you, | 不,但有些媒体大概会跟着你 |
[10:31] | and they may grab a shot. Let’s hope so. | 他们大概会拍些照,希望如此 |
[10:33] | I don’t need you to tell me to spend time with Grace or visit my wife, | 我不需要你来告诉我陪我的女儿和凭吊我的太太 |
[10:35] | and I am not using my daughter or my wife’s grave as a prop! | 我不会拿我女儿和太太来做道具 |
[10:39] | I’m not asking you to. | 我不是在求你 |
[10:40] | I’m a trial lawyer, Kevin, not a publicist, | 我是个律师,凯文,不是个公关 |
[10:42] | and i’ve been trying cases a long time. I know what works. | 我审判案子很久了,我知道什么对你有帮助 |
[10:45] | When I started, it was about knowing the law. | 开始的时候,我只知道法律 |
[10:47] | Now it’s about knowing the law and the press. | 现在我知道法律和媒体 |
[10:50] | The jury that’s going to decide your case, they’re out there and they’re watching. | 这件案子的陪审团,他们也是平常人 他们也在看电视 |
[10:53] | We want to give them images of you as the grieving husband, | 我们要给他们一个“悲伤的丈夫”的形象 |
[10:57] | not a worried defendant. | 而不是“烦恼的被告”的形象 |
[11:00] | If this offends you, I’m sorry. | 如果这冒犯到你的话,我很抱歉 |
[11:02] | You hired us to win your case. This is what we do. | 你雇用我们来帮你打胜官司 这些就是我们做的事 |
[11:06] | Now that I’m free on bail, I want to be with my daughter Grace. | 现在我已经交保 我只想陪着我的女儿葛蕾丝 |
[11:09] | I look forward to proving my innocence at trial. | 我真心期盼在法庭上证明我的清白 |
[11:11] | Oh, please. You can see Ron Trott’s lips moving. | 拜托,你几乎可以看到荣恩的嘴唇也在跟着动 |
[11:14] | How does he get his hand that far up a guy’s ass? | 他怎么能把他的委托人控制得那么死死的 |
[11:18] | If you’re just joining us, we’re listening to Kevin O’Neil from earlier today. | 刚加入的观众们,刚才我们看到的是 凯文・欧尼尔的今早的发言 |
[11:22] | Does he sound believable to you? | 他听起来诚恳吗? |
[11:26] | At trial, both sides tell the jury a story. | 审判中,控辩双手各自向陪审团陈述一个故事 |
[11:29] | The best story wins, the one the jury thinks is based on the facts. | 能让陪审团相信是事实的故事会获胜 |
[11:32] | The D.A. can prove that Kevin had opportunity, means, access, motive– | 检方可以证明凯文有机会、方法、门路、动机– |
[11:39] | her money. | 她的钱 |
[11:40] | The D.A.’s got the bomb– a husband. | 检查官还有个非常有利的事实…他是先生 |
[11:43] | Everybody knows the husband did it. | 大家都认为是先生杀的 |
[11:44] | “Husband kills wife for money.” | “先生杀死太太谋财害命” |
[11:46] | Not a bad story. | 不错的故事 |
[11:47] | I mean, a jury can follow that story. | 大部份的陪审团都能接受这种故事 |
[11:50] | What’s our story? | 那我们的辩称呢? |
[11:52] | What do we tell the jury to convince them that he didn’t do it? | 我们怎么说服陪审团他没有杀她? |
[11:55] | And don’t say accident. | 别说是“意外” |
[11:57] | Kevin wasn’t outside when it happened, all right. | 事情发生时凯文并不在外面 |
[12:00] | He thinks she must have slipped coming out of the pool, hit her head. | 他觉得她是从游泳池出来时滑倒并撞到头 |
[12:03] | She had five head lacerations, Tom. | 她的头骨有五道裂痕 |
[12:05] | She fell down five times? | 她滑倒五次? |
[12:06] | That’s not a story. That’s a confession. | 那根本就不是辩称,那是招供 |
[12:09] | I’m not afraid to go with accident if it’s the truth. | 我是不反对“意外”这个说法 |
[12:11] | Accident is what my daughter says when she gets caught hitting my son. | “意外”是当我女儿被抓到打我儿子时说的话 |
[12:15] | “Sorry, daddy, that was an accident.” | “对不起,爹地,那是个意外” |
[12:17] | If he had a good story, he wouldn’t need us, right? | 如果他有更好的说词他就不用我们了吧 |
[12:20] | He could use any law firm. | 他可以随便找一家律师事务所 |
[12:22] | If we’re going with accident, our accident re-creation had better be great. | 如果我们要辩称是意外的话 我们的“意外重现”必须做得非常好 |
[12:26] | It will be. It’s what I do. | 会的,那是我的专长 |
[12:39] | Did you get it this time, doctor? | 你全都补捉到了吗,医师? |
[12:41] | Possibly. | 应该是 |
[12:42] | Let’s rewind the motion capture. | 我们把影像补捉倒回去看看 |
[12:46] | This last take was the best. | 最后这一次做得好极了 |
[12:50] | So, Dr. Palermo, she falls, strikes her head, tries to stand… | 所以,帕勒摩医师 她滑倒,撞到头,试着爬起来 |
[12:54] | falls, strikes her head again, then falls into the pool. | 又再滑倒,再次撞到头,然后掉进泳池里 |
[12:57] | That might be what happened. | 应该就是这样子 |
[12:59] | – “Might”? – Ron– | – “应该”? – 荣恩– |
[13:01] | That’s the best you can do, “might”? | “应该?”是你能做到最好的吗? |
[13:02] | Well, I could be 100% sure with exact measurements of the spatter size. | 如果我有血渍飞溅的精确量度的话 我可以百分之百肯定 |
[13:06] | We don’t have them. | 我们没有那种资料 |
[13:07] | We’re the defense. | 我们是被告 |
[13:08] | We only get to the crime scene after the cops are done picking through it | 我们只有在警方搜集完证据并且清理完毕后 |
[13:12] | and cleaning it up. We’re stuck with what they bother to get us. | 才能进入犯罪现场 我们剩的只有他们愿意给我们的 |
[13:15] | Yes, but abyssus abyssum invocat. | 是的,但是 (拉丁文) |
[13:17] | “One missed step leads to another.” | “一步错,步步错” |
[13:22] | Yeah, let’s avoid latin with the jury. | 对了,对陪审团讲话时不要说拉丁文 |
[13:24] | There was blood spatter here and here where she could’ve fallen. | 这边和这边的血渍都可能是 她跌倒撞到时留下的 |
[13:27] | Unfortunately, autopsy photos show that she had five head lacerations– | 不幸的是,解剖报告上说她头骨有五道裂痕 |
[13:32] | Five lacerations? | 五道裂痕? |
[13:33] | She banged herself five times? | 她跌倒五次? |
[13:34] | Actually, they’re called hematoma laceriduras. | 其实,正确的词是血肿裂痕 |
[13:36] | What? What is that? Is that a word? | 什么?那是什么?有这种字吗? |
[13:37] | Does that mean she fell? | 那表示她跌倒吗? |
[13:39] | Ron. go away. | 荣恩,走开 |
[13:44] | Get him a haircut at least. | 至少带他去剪个头发 |
[13:49] | The D.A. has dumped a ton of discovery on us, | 检查官丢了一堆资料给我们 |
[13:51] | but he doesn’t have to tell us what any of it is, | 但他并没告诉我们里面有什么 |
[13:53] | and we don’t have time to read it all. | 我们也没时间全部看完 |
[13:54] | So we are going to scan every page of every document from the discovery boxes. | 所以我们现在要把所有的文件扫进电脑里 |
[14:00] | Then run a word search looking for documents relevant to the case. | 进行文字分析,找出和案件有关的关键字 |
[14:03] | Right now,we are looking at motive– | 现在,我们需要一个动机 |
[14:06] | any motive, every motive. | 任何动机,所有动机 |
[14:09] | Key words, people. | 关键字,各位 |
[14:11] | Scan every page for key words that could prove or disprove motive. | 扫描所有的文件,找出可能的动机 |
[14:16] | Look for what the D.A. buried but does not want us to find. | 找出检查官藏在里面不想让我们找到的东西 |
[14:19] | Be careful. Don’t miss anything. | 小心,什么都别漏了 |
[14:22] | Because if you miss anything, it could cost our client everything. | 因为如果你漏了一个小东西,我们可能全盘皆输 |
[14:30] | I lost a 6-iron a year ago. | 我一年前丢了一枝六号铁杆 |
[14:33] | The cops took my clubs the night she died, but that one was missing. | 警察在案发当晚把我的球具拿走了 但他们没看到那枝球杆 |
[14:37] | Explains why they’re saying it’s the murder weapon. | 所以他们才觉得那是凶器 |
[14:39] | Let’s take a break, eat something. now, come on. We got you some more food. | 我们休息一下吧,吃点东西 来吧,我们买了些吃的 |
[14:42] | I’ll eat with you, and then we’ll go over the timeline. | 我跟你一起吃,然后我们再复习一下时间 |
[14:44] | You know, I just– | 你知道,我想继续… |
[14:45] | I wanna do this now before my daughter gets home from school, okay? | 我想在我女儿放学回来前结束,好吗? |
[14:51] | Okay, so after I put Grace to bed, | 我把葛蕾丝哄睡了后 |
[14:54] | I started to make dinner. | 我开始做晚餐 |
[14:55] | Okay, you turned on the oven. | 好,所以你开了烤箱 |
[14:57] | Now do you rememberturning it off? | 你记得你关了烤箱吗? |
[15:01] | – What? – The oven. I was asking you– | – 什么? – 烤箱,你记得你关了吗? |
[15:05] | You know what? We can do this later. | 你知道吗,我们可以晚点再继续 |
[15:06] | No, no. I’m okay. It’s just…. | 不,不,我没事,我只是… |
[15:09] | seeing her picture still… | 看到她的照片时还是… |
[15:11] | you know… | 你知道… |
[15:13] | Uh, we went outside. | 嗯,我们到院子去 |
[15:15] | Um, Caitlin and I swam, we made love | 我们一起游泳,然后做爱 |
[15:19] | we stayed out there for a while and then, uh… | 我们在外面留了一段时间,然后… |
[15:23] | I came in to check on Grace. | 我进来看看葛蕾丝 |
[15:24] | Kevin, any of your family or friends coming to the trial? | 凯文,你有任何亲友会来法庭吗? |
[15:27] | Ron, we’re in the middle of something here. | 荣恩,我们正讨论到一半 |
[15:29] | I know, but a big case like this, the court only reserves the defendant five seats. | 我知道,但这种大案子法院只保留五个位子给被告 |
[15:33] | No, nobody’s coming. | 不,没有人会来 |
[15:35] | Since I got charged, nobody wants to have anything to do with me. | 自从我被控告后,没人想跟我扯上任何关系 |
[15:38] | Too bad. Could’ve helped with jury sympathy. | 真糟,不然可以拉点同情心 |
[15:40] | No chance, huh? | 一点机会都没有吗? |
[15:42] | Dominick Dunne called looking for a seat. I’ll give him one of ours. | 多明尼克・丹说他想来参观这个审判 我把一个座位给他好了 |
[15:44] | Great. Kevin, you wanna go upstairs, uh, | 很好,凯文,你上楼去吧 |
[15:47] | take a shower, get something to eat then? Thanks. | 冲个澡,吃点东西…谢了 |
[15:52] | Wait– wait a minute, you hate Dominick Dunne. | 等等– 等一等,你很讨厌多明尼克・丹 |
[15:54] | Yeah, because he writes terrible things about me, | 对呀,因为他每次都把我写得很不堪 |
[15:56] | and those things get us a lot of work, not to mention our own table at the Ivy. | 不过那些文章倒是帮我们带来不少工作 |
[16:00] | – So how’s Kevin doing? – Not great, Ron. | – 凯文怎么样? – 不太好,荣恩 |
[16:02] | The guy can’t pay his bills because the court froze his assets. | 他的财产被冻结,现在连帐单都付不起 |
[16:04] | I got a paralegal picking up Grace from school | 我请了个助手去接葛蕾丝放学 |
[16:06] | because the press is there waiting for him. The guy’s already in prison. | 因为媒体肯定在那边等凯文 他现在跟被关在监狱里没有两样 |
[16:09] | Is he gonna crack? They crack sometimes, you know. | 他会被击垮吗?他们常常会被击垮,你知道的 |
[16:11] | I know. Look, don’t worry. You handle Dominick. I’ll handle Kevin. | 我知道,别担心 你去管好多明尼克,我会照顾凯文 |
[16:19] | Mr. Walsh… | 华许先生… |
[16:20] | Luther Graves. | 路瑟・格雷夫 |
[16:21] | So you’re the O’Neils’ business manager. Kevin speaks so highly of you. | 你就是欧尼尔的商务经理 凯文说了你很多好话 |
[16:25] | Really? | 是吗? |
[16:27] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Graves. | 很高兴认识你,格雷夫先生 |
[16:28] | Oh, that’s my father. You can call me Luther. | 那感觉像在叫我父亲 你叫我路瑟就好了 |
[16:30] | So tell me. Tell me about these ugly rumors | 那么告诉我吧 告诉我那些不利的流言 |
[16:33] | – I’m hearing. – What ugly rumors? | 什么不利的流言 |
[16:35] | The D.A. is telling people Kevin had a financial motive to kill Caitlin. | 检查官现在告诉大家 凯文是为了谋财才杀死凯特琳的 |
[16:38] | Is that true? | 是这样的吗? |
[16:40] | It’s hard to answer. The O’Neils had a very complex family will. | 很难说 欧尼尔的家族遗嘱非常的复杂 |
[16:43] | Well, I’m very, very good at complex, | 没关系,我喜欢复杂的东西 |
[16:46] | and I’m a fast learner, too, so… | 我学的也很快,所以… |
[16:49] | Why don’t you just give it a try | 你不妨试试看 |
[16:51] | and explain it to me? | 解释给我听 |
[16:53] | This way. | 这边请 |
[17:02] | We found this during your key word search of their financial documents. | 我们在那些财务文件里找到这些字眼 |
[17:06] | “sperm” and “semen”? | “精子”和“精液”? |
[17:07] | Why the hell are those words coming up in a financial document search? | 这些字怎么会出现在财政文件的搜寻里? |
[17:10] | The D.A. buried it. They were in a pathology report on Caitlin O’Neil. | 检查官故意藏起来的 这些字是在凯特琳的解剖书里 |
[17:14] | Where’d you find this report? | 你在哪找到这份报告的 |
[17:15] | In the discovery the D.A. gave us, stuck in the O’Neils’ old bank statements. | 就在检查官丢给我们的资料里 夹在一堆欧尼尔的银行财务文件中 |
[17:19] | A path report buried in old bank statements? | 解剖书夹在银行文件中? |
[17:22] | It’s not good for us. | 听起来不太妙 |
[17:24] | No. | 没错 |
[17:25] | It’s not good for us at all. | 对我们非常不利 |
[17:29] | You gave “no comment” to “the New York Times”? | 你对【纽约时报】说“无可奉告”? |
[17:32] | Well, i’d rather spend my time trying cases than hanging out with reporters. | 我宁愿把我的时间花在案件上 而不是跟记者闲聊 |
[17:36] | Ugh, math. | 呃,数学 |
[17:37] | – No jury appeal. – You wanted to see us? | – 没有陪审团的上诉 – 你找我们? |
[17:39] | We need to talkabout motive. | 我们需要谈一下动机 |
[17:42] | According to the business manager and the discovery we went through, | 根据商务经理和检查官给的文件显示 |
[17:45] | when Caitlin died, all their money went to their daughter. | 凯特琳死后,所有的财产归于他们的女儿 |
[17:48] | Kevin didn’t get anything. | 凯文什么都得不到 |
[17:49] | I love it. They can’t prove motive. Take it off the board. | 那好极了,他们没办法证明动机 |
[17:51] | – Nice. – Not so fast. | – 太好了 – 别高兴得太早 |
[17:52] | I said they couldn’t prove money was a motive. | 我说他们没办法证明金钱是动机 |
[17:54] | I didn’t say they couldn’t prove motive at all. | 我并没有说他们不能找到别的动机 |
[17:58] | Path analysis report of Caitlin. It was hidden in the discovery. | 这是凯特琳的解剖报告 藏在那些文件里 |
[18:01] | It turns out it was Kevin’s sperm inside her the night she died. | 她死的那晚阴道里有凯文的精子 |
[18:04] | – That’s no surprise. – It wasn’t all Kevin’s sperm. | – 那没什么奇怪呀 – 不完全是凯文的精子 |
[18:07] | There was somebody else’s, too. | 还有另一个男人的 |
[18:10] | How could you not know she was banging another guy, Tom? | 你怎么会不知道她还跟别的男人上床,汤姆? |
[18:13] | Kevin didn’t tell me. Maybe he didn’t know. | 凯文没告诉我,也许他不知道 |
[18:14] | Didn’t know? Your wife’s banging another guy, you know. Trust me. | 不知道?你太太跟别的男人上床 你会知道的 相信我 |
[18:17] | Kevin found out his wife was cheating on him. | “凯文发现他太太背叛他” |
[18:19] | The D.A.’s gonna say that’s why he killed her. | 检查官会说这是他杀死她的原因 |
[18:23] | It was never about money. | 从头到尾根本就和金钱没关系 |
[18:26] | Stormer was going with jealousy all the time. | 史多摩从一开始就打算以嫉妒为动机 |
[18:29] | Yeah, and counting the arrest,that makes twice he screwed us. | 包括逮捕事件在内,这是他第二次陷害我们了 |
[18:33] | “Jealous husband kills wife in rage.” | 【嫉妒的丈夫愤怒中杀死妻子】 |
[18:37] | Now that’s a story. | 这才是一个故事 |
[18:43] | Don’t you go speech lesson me. Did you know about the affair or not? | 你别跟我拐弯抹角 你知不知道她有外遇? |
[18:46] | Listen, I loved her, all right? She swore she wouldn’t see him again. | 我爱她,好吗?她说她不会再跟那男人见面 |
[18:49] | – Who is he? – A man she works with. | – 那男人是谁? – 她的同事 |
[18:50] | I thought it was over. She told me it was. | 我以为已经结束了 她告诉我已经结束了 |
[18:52] | The guy was in New York the night she died, all right? We already checked it out. | 那个男人案发当晚人在纽约 我们已经查过了 |
[18:55] | They must have made love that morning before he left. | 那他们一定是在那天早上做爱的 |
[18:57] | Ever talk to the other guy or threaten him? | 你曾经跟那男人谈过话或是威胁过他吗? |
[18:59] | I never threatened him. Never. | 我从没有威胁过他 从没有 |
[19:02] | We might be okay then. | 那我们情况不算太坏 |
[19:03] | We stipulate to the affair, we keep the other guy off the stand. | 我们自己承认知道妻子的外遇 别让那个男人出庭做证 |
[19:06] | The D.A. has no evidence that Kevin was ever jealous enough to kill over this. | 检查官没有证据证明凯文 嫉妒到想杀了他太太 |
[19:09] | They don’t need it. The jury will fill in the blanks for them. | 他不需要证明 陪审团自己会想像 |
[19:11] | I didn’t kill her, all right! | 我没有杀她! |
[19:12] | I can’t prove this. I can’t prove anything, but I didn’t do this! | 我没办法证明,但我真的没杀她! |
[19:18] | I want proof that you loved her, understand? | 我想要证明你爱她,懂吗? |
[19:22] | Cards, letters, receipts that you sent her flowers, gifts. | 卡片、情书、买花的收据、礼物 |
[19:26] | The more intimate, the more personal, the better. | 越私人、越亲蜜的、越好 |
[19:29] | We need to let people know that jealousy wasn’t the motive. | 我们要让人们知道嫉妒并不是动机 |
[19:31] | You knew she was unfaithful, but you were committed to making the marriage work. | 你以前就知道她的不忠 但你仍然努力试着挽救这场婚姻 |
[19:34] | Why do I have to say anything? | 为什么要我来说明这些? |
[19:36] | Why? Because the D.A. will. It’s bad! | 为什么?因为你不说的话检查官会说 这对你没好处 |
[19:40] | So we wanna get in front of it, spin it, make it work for us. | 所以我们要抢先一步承认 把媒体转往我们的方向,帮我们的忙 |
[19:43] | Make sure we got a focus group watching me on “American Crime.” | 我上【美国罪案】时记得找一群模拟观众 |
[19:46] | Focus groups are how we test our trial theories. | 模拟观众是我们用来测试辩论战术的 |
[19:48] | I wanna see how the jealousy thing might play with potential jurors. | 我想看看潜在的陪审团员 对嫉妒杀人有什么看法 |
[19:55] | Wh–why… | 为…为什么 |
[19:56] | Yeah, why does he have to be such a jerk about it? | 对呀,为什么他一定要用这种态度讲话? |
[19:58] | Look, if I got charged, I’d hire Ron, | 听着,如果今天换成是我被告 我也会雇用荣恩为我辩护 |
[20:01] | and that’s the nicest thing a lawyer can say about anybody. | 那是一个律师对任何人能给的最好的称赞了 |
[20:04] | – Then why doesn’t he try the case? – Do you like him? | – 那为何他自己不做主律师? – 你喜欢他吗? |
[20:08] | Neither do juries. | 陪审团也不喜欢 |
[20:10] | Look, he’s better in small doses. A little bit of Ron goes a long way. | 他只需要在在适当的时候 给予适当的帮助就好的 |
[20:13] | Today, our guest is Ron Trott, founder of the defense firm TNT&G, | 今天我们的特别来宾是荣恩・特劳特 TNT&G律师事务所的创始人 |
[20:18] | an all-star lineup of top trial lawyers and pretty good-sized egos, right, Ron? | 事务所里的律师全都是业界顶尖 并且非常自大傲慢的,对吧 |
[20:23] | Trial lawyers, Tv hosts, we all got big egos, right, Suzanne? | 辩护律师和节目主持人都是蛮自大傲慢的 不是吗,苏珊? |
[20:27] | Not as big as yours, Ron. | 还是比不上您,荣恩 |
[20:30] | Look at that. The focus group is loving him. | 看,那群模拟观众爱死他了 |
[20:34] | So this is your first big media case in a long time. | 这是你近年来最高曝光率的案件 |
[20:37] | Can you win it? | 你有把握胜诉吗? |
[20:38] | We better. The man is innocent. | 我们最好能赢,因为他是无辜的 |
[20:39] | – Aren’t all your clients innocent? – No, some of them are guilty. | – 你的客户不是每个都无辜的吗? – 不,有些是有罪的 |
[20:43] | That’s what keeps me up at night on this case. | 这就是为什么这件案子让我睡不好觉 |
[20:45] | He didn’t do it. | 他并没有杀她 |
[20:47] | He had no motive. | 他没有动机 |
[20:48] | The D.A. knows money wasn’t the motive. | 检查官知道金钱不是动机 |
[20:50] | That’s why he’s gonna talk about sex and jealousy. | 所以他会以外遇和嫉妒来攻击我的客户 |
[20:52] | And you know this how? | 你怎么知道? |
[20:53] | ‘Cause you can read their minds? | 难道你知道他们在想什么? |
[20:54] | Caitlin had affairs, but my client knew all about that. | 凯特琳有外遇,而且我的委托人也知道这件事 |
[20:57] | What affairs are you talking about? | 什么外遇? |
[20:59] | Caitlin caused pain in their marriage. Kevin knew that. | 凯特琳对他们的婚姻造成了伤害 凯文是知道的 |
[21:03] | We wanna try this case on the facts that have to do with guilt or innocence. | 我们只想根据实质的证据来辩护这件案子 |
[21:06] | – It’s not about personal issues. – What issues are you talking about? | – 我们不想讨论私人问题 – 你所谓的私人问题是? |
[21:09] | Private issues having nothing to do with this case. | 就是与这案子完全无关的私人问题 |
[21:11] | Private issues? Ron, it’s a murder case! | 私人问题? 荣恩,这是件谋杀案! |
[21:13] | Maybe we can sell this to a jury after all. | 也许陪审团真的会信我们这一套 |
[21:15] | Tell the jury consultant to pick jurors who get what we’re putting out there. | 告诉陪审团顾问选人时要选能相信 我们这套论点的人 |
[21:19] | Which is what, exactly? | 究竟是什么论点? |
[21:20] | That a man can know his wife cheated on him and still not kill her. | 一个男人是有可能在知道 妻子背叛他时不杀害她 |
[21:25] | It had to come out. | 这迟早会上台面的 |
[21:27] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[21:28] | Now Grace is gonna know her mom had an affair, her dead mom. | 现在葛蕾丝也知道她妈妈有外遇 她死去的妈妈 |
[21:31] | – Why did that have to come out? – If we talk about it first, | – 为什么我们一定要说出来呢? – 因为我们先说的话 |
[21:34] | it proves we weren’t afraid of it, that we weren’t hiding it. | 就证明我们并不害怕,也不想隐瞒这件事实 |
[21:36] | It’s just the way juries think. | 陪审团也这么想的 |
[21:39] | Look at Ron. He’s loving it. | 看看荣恩,他正乐在其中 |
[21:42] | The man’s just doing his job, Kevin. | 他只是在做他的工作 |
[21:44] | He’s doing it for you. | 他是为了你才做的 他喜欢这样做吗?是的,他喜欢 因为这是他的专长 |
[21:45] | Does he like it? Yeah, he likes that he’s good at it. | 他是为了你才做的 他喜欢这样做吗?是的,他喜欢 因为这是他的专长 |
[21:47] | You ever go to a great doctor? Those guys are the same way. | 你去看过名医吗?他们也是一样 |
[21:50] | You depend on them to save your life. You don’t pay them to be your friend. | 你得依赖他们救你 你不是付钱让他们做你的朋友的 |
[21:53] | Listen, he’s talking about my wife, her lover, okay? | 你听,他在讲我太太,和她的爱人 |
[21:56] | I would’ve done anything to keep this quiet,to keep Grace from knowing. | 我会不顾一切把这些掩埋起来 不让葛蕾丝知道 |
[22:00] | I told you, we were having problems in our marriage, okay? | 我告诉过你,我们的婚姻有问题 |
[22:02] | But we were working them out. I’m not ashamed of that. | 但我们在尝试着解决它 我并不觉得这有什么可耻的 |
[22:04] | Kevin, that’s all Ron’s trying to tell the jury, all right? | 凯文,那正是荣恩试着告诉陪审团的 |
[22:06] | Now you need him. | 你现在需要他 |
[22:09] | Like a guy with cancer needs a doctor, you need him. | 就像癌症病人需要医生一样 |
[22:16] | And as much as the D.A. wants to besmirch her character, we won’t do it. | 不管检查官多么想败坏她的名誉 我们绝不会照做 |
[22:21] | Kevin loved his wife,period, no matter what she did. | 凯文爱着他太太,不管她做了什么 |
[22:25] | And what do you do for a living, sir? | 你的职业是什么,先生? |
[22:27] | I’m an engineer by training, uh, aerospace. But I’m not working right now. | 我是个工程师…航太方面的 不过现在待业中 |
[22:32] | – Married? – I’m divorced. | – 结婚了吗? – 离婚了 |
[22:35] | – Get rid of him. – No. | – 砍掉他 – 不 |
[22:37] | We’re paying Miranda a lot to do our jury consulting. | 我们付米兰达很多钱来帮我们选陪审员 |
[22:39] | – Why don’t you listen to her? – I only have one strike left. | – 你为何不听她的 – 我别无选择了 |
[22:42] | Use it on this guy. We’ll never win the case with him on the panel. | 选他的话,我们输定的 |
[22:44] | No, I say leave him. | 不,我还是要留他 |
[22:49] | We did some surveillance, took some photos this guy is bad for us. | 我们调查过他,也拍了一些照片 这个人对我们有百害而无一利 |
[22:53] | Too smart, too analytical, too conservative, no empathy, and he’s divorced. | 太聪明,太理智,太保守 不带感情,而且他离过婚 |
[22:58] | He’ll resent Kevin | 他会恨凯文的 |
[22:59] | because he probably wishes he could’ve killed his ex-wife to get her money. | 因为他大概后悔自己没杀了前妻拿她的钱 |
[23:02] | She said, “pick hispanic women.” Does he look like an hispanic woman? | 她说“选拉丁美洲裔女人” 他看起来像拉丁美洲裔女人吗? |
[23:05] | What? | 什么? 选陪审团有时候必须要带点偏见的 |
[23:05] | Picking a jury is kind of politically incorrect. | 什么? 选陪审团有时候必须要带点偏见的 |
[23:08] | Hispanic women, especially older ones, empathy levels are off the charts on this one. | 拉丁美洲裔女人,尤其是老一点的 对这类型的案子充满了同情心 |
[23:12] | Kevin is being blamed for doing something he didn’t do. | 凯文现在为了他根本没做的事情而被告 |
[23:14] | Stormer’s already knocked all the hispanic women off the panel. | 史托摩已经把所有拉丁美洲裔的女人剔除了 |
[23:17] | Now this guy could work for us. | 这个人也许帮得了我们 |
[23:18] | Our whole case is based on a head wound, and everything is just noise. | 这整件案子的重点是头部的重伤 其它的只是花边 |
[23:21] | Now a smart guy like this has a better chance of following what we have to say | 这个聪明的男人比较能了解我们的思路 |
[23:24] | and convincing the others on how to vote. | 也较有能力说服其它的陪审员 |
[23:28] | Your honor… | 法官大人 |
[23:30] | the defense accepts juror number three. | 辩方接受三号陪审员 |
[23:37] | And they say I’ve got the biggest ego. | 他们还说我自大呢… |
[23:39] | This is your guy, Tom. If he reams us, it’s on you. | 他是你选的,汤姆 到时候他背叛我们的话,别怪别人 |
[23:42] | Thanks, Ron. That helps a lot. | 谢了,荣恩 |
[23:44] | This is not a good panel for you guys. | 这个陪审团对你们不太好 |
[23:49] | Again, doctor, if you could just focus on the initial trauma. | 医师,你能不能把重点集中在最初的伤口 |
[23:53] | The initial head trauma, quite possibly eliciting secondary splintering– | 原发性的撞伤极有可能导致继发性的骨头碎裂 |
[23:56] | – Doctor, could you simplify this? – Which part? | – 医师,你能不能再简化点? – 哪一部份? |
[24:00] | All of it. | 全部 |
[24:02] | Wait… “secondary splintering”? That’s new. What does that mean? | 等等…“继发性骨质碎裂?”那是什么意思? |
[24:05] | That two hematomas can cause the appearance of five lacerations. | 这两处撞伤可能导致 你现在所看到的五处裂痕 |
[24:08] | How? | 怎么说? |
[24:09] | – The–the physical composition of bone… – Simpler. | – 骨头的物理成份… – 简单点 |
[24:12] | – Skulls are matrixed bone… – Simpler! | – 头骨是以矩阵型组成… – 再简单点! |
[24:14] | If you drop a watermelon once, it cracks all over like you dropped it a lot of times. | 一颗西瓜摔在地上时它会裂成无数碎片 就好像被了摔了很多次一样 |
[24:32] | – How’d the final pretrial hearing go? – Good. | – 最后一次的开庭前审讯结果如何? – 很好 |
[24:35] | How’d Palermo do with the mock jury panels? | 帕勒摩在模拟审判中表现得怎么样? |
[24:37] | Not great. I’m getting him there, Ron. | 还是差强人意 不过我尽力在训练他了 |
[24:40] | Today, for the first time, he told me two head blows can cause five lacerations, | 今天是他第一次告诉我 两处头骨重挫是有可能导致五处裂痕的 |
[24:44] | which explains our accident theory. | 正好解释了我们的意外论 |
[24:46] | You’re kidding? That’s great! So how’d we do? Give me results. | 那太好了!结果呢?判决怎么样? |
[24:48] | We tried our case using the accident theory six times. | 我们用意外论进行了六次模拟审判 |
[24:50] | Yeah? And so? | 结果呢? |
[24:52] | 0-for-6.We lost every time. | 六次都输了 |
[24:57] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[24:59] | I only gotta win once with a real jury. | 我们只要在真的审判时赢一次就够了 |
[25:03] | Right? | 对吧? |
[25:10] | Finally, the day of judgment arrives for Kevin O’Neil, | 凯文・欧尼尔的开庭日子终于到来 |
[25:13] | and we’re hearing reports that the murder weapon, | 我们得到消息指出凶器– |
[25:16] | a golf club, has been found. | 一枝高尔夫球杆,已经被找到了 |
[25:19] | No comment yet from the defense on this bombshell. | 辩方律师还未给我们任何答覆 |
[25:25] | Any comment on the golf club they found? | 你们对那枝高尔夫球杆有什么看法? |
[25:40] | Luther says it’s not true. The D.A. swears it’s a rumor. | 路瑟说那不是真的 检查官也承认那只是谣言 |
[25:42] | They don’t have the club, but who knows? | 他们应该没有那枝球杆 不过谁知道呢? |
[25:44] | But so what if they do have it? It wouldn’t matter. I didn’t do it. | 就算他们有球杆又怎样? 我没杀人就是没杀人 |
[25:46] | We know, Kevin. We know. | 我们知道,凯文 我们知道 |
[25:48] | Look, take notes. The jury likes to see that you’re listening. And look confident. | 听好,记笔记 陪审团想看到你专心的样子 表现出有自信的样子 |
[25:51] | If we look like winners, the jury thinks we’re winning. | 如果我们看起来像胜券在望的话 他们真的会以为我们很有把握 |
[25:53] | When the judge comes in and we all rise, help us kick our table up a couple of inches. | 当法官进来,我们起立时 帮忙我们把桌子往前推一点 |
[25:56] | It gives us a better sight line with the jury. | 这让我们更容易和陪审团视线交集 |
[25:59] | Hey, every little bit helps. | 任何一点小事都有帮助的 |
[26:01] | You are our shadow jury. | 你是我们的模拟陪审团 |
[26:03] | You’re being paid to watch the case live from beginning to end | 我们付钱请你们来参与这件案子 |
[26:06] | as it comes in, just like the real jury. | 请你们把自己当成是真的陪审团 |
[26:09] | We’ll follow what they think, and make adjustments to what we do in court. | 我们会根据你们的想法 调整我们在庭上的表现 |
[26:13] | – Which side are we on, anyway? – Doesn’t matter. | – 我们到底是帮哪一边? – 那不重要 |
[26:15] | Watch the closed-circuit coverage, then we’ll talk about the evidence | 仔细看闭路电视,然后我们再讨论证据 |
[26:18] | and what you would like to see if you were the jury in court. Okay? | 接着告诉我如果你们是真的陪审团的话 你们会想再知道什么,看到什么 |
[26:23] | Are the people ready to proceed? | 控方准备好了吗? |
[26:26] | Your honor, the people call lead detective Joe Franklin to the stand. | 法官大人,控方传乔・法兰克林上台作证 |
[26:30] | Detective Franklin,you may approach. | 法兰克林警探,请上台 |
[26:34] | And what did you find when you got to the house? | 你进房子后看到了什么? |
[26:36] | Blood was everywhere. In the pool, outside the pool… | 到处都是血 泳池里,泳池外… |
[26:39] | Where he hit her, | 她的头 |
[26:41] | on the steps, on the pool tile… | 阶梯上、泳池旁的瓷砖上… |
[26:44] | everywhere. | 到处都是 |
[26:45] | It was one of the worst beatings I ever saw. | 这是我所看过最残忍的行凶手法 |
[26:48] | Her head was almost caved in. | 她的头几乎凹进去了 |
[26:51] | Your friend hates our guts. | 你的朋友恨死我们了 |
[26:59] | Now Kevin talked to you the night his wife died. | 案发当晚凯文有和你说话吧 |
[27:03] | He didn’t have to, but he did, right? | 他不需要,但他还是说了,对吧? |
[27:05] | He told me what he said happened. | 他告诉我他认为发生了什么事 |
[27:08] | And you checked it all out to make sure it was true. | 而你也根据他所说的一一去查证 证明他没说谎 |
[27:10] | To the degree that I could, yeah. | 我尽我所能的做了,是的 |
[27:12] | Right, because that’s your job, to find the truth. | 是的,因为那是你的工作 是找出真相 |
[27:15] | So you asked his little girl if he came into kiss her good night, | 所以你问他女儿他是否有有亲吻她晚安 |
[27:17] | and then you checked the oven to make sure it was warm, | 然后你又检查了烤箱看看是否还是温的 |
[27:19] | proving that he made dinner, and then later you verified | 证实他的确做了晚餐 |
[27:22] | how much he was in love with his wife, how close they were. | 稍后你更进一步求证他是如何爱着他太太 他们是如何亲蜜 |
[27:25] | Objection, compound. | 抗议 |
[27:26] | Actually, his objection ought to be facts not in evidence, | 事实上他抗议的是非证据的事实 |
[27:28] | because this witness didn’t do any of these things, not one. | 因为这位证人完全没有做我上述 所说的事情 一件都没有 |
[27:31] | – Your honor– – hey, | – 法官大人 – 喂 |
[27:32] | if you want me to break it down and go over every little thing he didn’t do. | 如果你想要我把所有他该做却没做 的小事一一列出的话 |
[27:35] | No problem. We got time. | 我没问题 我有的是时间 |
[27:37] | Why don’t we just stipulate that he didn’t do the things | 不如我们就把你刚才问他的… |
[27:39] | you just asked him about and call it even? | 那些他该做却没做的事情全部当成事实 此话题到此为止,如何? |
[27:41] | Fair enough. No further questions. | 很公平,我没问题了 |
[27:45] | I just have one follow-up, detective. | 我还有一个问题,警探 |
[27:46] | Was there a shred of evidence that anyone else was responsible for this murder? | 你在现场有发现任何证据显示 凶手可能另有其人吗? |
[27:51] | No. | 没有 |
[27:52] | From the moment I got there and saw him covered in his wife’s blood, | 从我到达现场发现他全身沾满 他太太的血液时 |
[27:56] | he was our only suspect. | 他就成了我们唯一的嫌犯 |
[28:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[28:05] | The shadow jury trusts Tom more than Stormer. | 模拟陪审团现在比较偏向汤姆这一边 |
[28:07] | But Kevin looks cold. They don’t like him. | 但凯文看起来太冷淡了 他们不喜欢这样 |
[28:09] | – Warm him up. – Got it. | – 让他表现得可亲点 – 了解 |
[28:11] | How they liking the D.A.’s case so far? | 他们觉得检查官的表现怎么 |
[28:15] | Even though they like Tom more, most of them like the D.A.’s case better. | 虽然他们现在比较喜欢汤姆 但大部份人还是觉得检查官最后会胜诉 |
[28:19] | The others haven’t decided, but they’re following it. | 其余的人还没决定,他们大概会被牵着走 |
[28:22] | Sure, why not? It’s a good story. | 是呀,可想而知 这是个好故事 |
[28:32] | Smile. Warm, not smug. The jury ain’t feeling you right now. | 微笑,带点感情,但不要太热情 陪审团现在感觉不到你 |
[28:37] | D.A.’s theory is coming in strong. | 控方的论点十分有力 |
[28:43] | He approached her from behind,then attacked her with a club. | 他从后面走近她,然后用球杆重击她 |
[28:46] | As our reenactment shows, the first blow sent her to the ground. He kept hitting her. | 从我们的现场重建影片可以看出 第一下重击让她倒下,接着他再持续打她 |
[28:52] | Then he dumped her body in the pool, probably to wash evidence away. | 之后他把她的尸体丢进泳池里 也许是为了洗刷证据 |
[28:57] | You can see what a violent, bloody, horrific attack this was. It was just horrible. | 你可以看出这是一件多么暴力、血腥 恐布的攻击事件 实在太恐怖了 |
[29:07] | Thank you, doctor. No further questions. | 谢谢你,医师。我没问题了 |
[29:09] | They’re ready to convict him right now off that demonstration. | 他们看了这段表演后已经准备好判他罪了 |
[29:17] | You’re the first defense witness, so be strong in there. | 你是辩方的第一位证人 表现得坚强点 |
[29:21] | Look, I’ve handled a lot of expert witnesses, | 我跟无数位专家证人合作过 |
[29:23] | and of all of them, you’ve been my favorite. | 你是我最喜欢的一位 |
[29:26] | Really? Ms. Tuller… | 真的吗?塔乐小姐… |
[29:28] | Are you married? | 你结婚了吗? |
[29:30] | Um, I wear it in trial. | 嗯,我开庭时会戴着这个 |
[29:32] | I think it gives jurors more confidence in me if they think I’m married. | 我觉得让陪审团认为我已婚的话 会给予他们较多的信心 |
[29:37] | Just be yourself in there. | 做平常的自己就好了 |
[29:39] | Only much, much simpler. | 只是尽量简化,再简化 |
[29:42] | And follow my lead. Answer my questions precisely, all right? | 跟着我的步调走 直接了当回答我的问题 了解吗? |
[29:48] | So we can see the victim tripped, | 我们可以看到被害者滑倒 |
[29:50] | hit her head here at this precise angle. | 以这个角度撞击到她的头部 |
[29:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[29:54] | Then, disoriented, she stumbled and struck her head again. | 在慌乱中她试着爬起来 不料再度失足,再次撞击到头部 |
[29:57] | These two falls led to a series of splintering cracks, | 这两次的撞击导致一连串的裂痕 |
[30:00] | which appeared as five head lacerations. Like, if you dropped a watermelon once, | 变成我们现在看到的五处裂痕 就好像…一个西瓜掉到地上 |
[30:05] | it would cause a lot of cracks, as if it had been dropped more than once. | 它会有无数个裂痕 就好像被摔了不止一次似的 |
[30:08] | Am I getting it right, doctor? | 我说的正确吗,医师? |
[30:10] | Yes. | 正确 |
[30:12] | And your re-creation approximated the actual forensic evidence almost perfectly. | 您的“现场重连”也符合了我们法学的报告 |
[30:17] | Yes. | 没错 |
[30:18] | So it’s not real hard to explain. She falls, | 所以这不难解释 她摔倒 |
[30:21] | hits her head once, then again, | 撞到头部 爬起来,再撞一次 |
[30:23] | then falls into the pool. | 最后掉到泳池里 |
[30:24] | – That’s what the evidence shows. – Thank you, Dr. Palermo. | – 证据是如此显示的 – 谢谢你,帕勒摩医师 |
[30:28] | Oh, sorry, one last thing. | 对不起,最后一个问题 |
[30:30] | Would you say the wounds in Caitlin’s skull were more consistent with a blow | 你认为凯特琳的伤口像是 被高尔夫球杆敲击的 |
[30:34] | from a golf club or contact with a hard surface, say the edge of a pool? | 或像是撞到一片平坦的坚硬表面 例如游泳池的边缘? |
[30:39] | Well, contact with the edge of a pool. | 比较像撞到游泳池的边缘 |
[30:41] | A golf club would have left more concave and–and deeper patterns. | 高尔夫球杆会留下比较深刻、较明显的形状 |
[30:45] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢你 我没问题了 |
[30:50] | Great job. | 做得好 |
[30:52] | Let me ask you about the murder weapon. | 我问问你有关凶器的问题 |
[30:55] | – They found his golf club. – Hold on. | – 他们找到高尔夫球杆了 – 等等 |
[31:00] | Did you know the defendant claims to have lost this golf club? | 你知道被告宣称他遗失了他的球杆吗? |
[31:03] | Objection! Sidebar. | 抗议!请求上前 |
[31:05] | Sorry. Excuse me, you honor, I didn’t say it was this 6-iron. | 抱歉,法官大人 我说错了 这并不是用来做凶器的那根六号铁杆 |
[31:08] | We are not introducing this 6-iron. | 我们并不是拿这根铁杆来做呈堂证物 |
[31:09] | This is just a piece of demonstrative evidence for the jury, an example of the | 我只是拿它来做示范… |
[31:13] | club type we think was used. We still haven’t found the actual murder weapon. | 示范我们觉得有可能是凶器的器具 但我们还没找到真的凶器 |
[31:16] | Though the defense does seem awfully worried that we did, don’t they? | 不过当我拿出这根铁杆时 辩方看起来似乎十分担心 |
[31:21] | – Why is that? – Objection overruled. | – 为什么呢? – 抗议无效 |
[31:23] | The wounds in Caitlin’s skull were caused when Kevin O’Neil smashed her head | 凯特琳头骨的伤是凯文拿这根东西 |
[31:28] | with this. | 用力敲击她的头部而造成的 |
[31:30] | Once… | 一下… |
[31:32] | twice… | 两下… |
[31:35] | three times… | 三下… |
[31:38] | four times… | 四下… |
[31:42] | five times. | 五下 |
[31:46] | As I said, in my opinion, they were most likely caused by a fall, | 以我专业的看法,那些伤口是摔倒而造成的 |
[31:50] | not by that or any other golf club. | 不是以高尔夫球杆敲击而成 |
[31:52] | Yes, we know. | 是的,我们知道 |
[31:53] | You’re being paid by the defense to say that. | 是辩方律师付你钱来说那些话的 |
[31:56] | You can stop now. | 你可以停止了 |
[32:11] | We’re losing. | 我们输了 |
[32:12] | Are you telling me the shadow jury isn’t buying accident at all? | 你是说模拟陪审团都不相信 我们的意外论吗? |
[32:15] | According to the jury consultant, a few jurors are open to it, | 陪审团顾问说有少数几位 呈开放的态度 |
[32:18] | but the rest of them believe the police couldn’t be so wrong about everything. | 但其它的人都认为警方不可能错得这么离谱 |
[32:20] | They will, when they see this. | 他们会的,当他们看到这个的时候 |
[32:24] | In Strickland’s video, did you notice there was no umbrella? | 在史崔克兰的影片中 你有没有发现遮阳伞不见了? |
[32:30] | It was there the night Caitlin died. | 凯特琳死的当晚遮阳伞是在的 |
[32:36] | So where is it now? | 那它现在在哪? |
[32:37] | If Kevin beat her, there would be blood on the umbrella. | 如果是凯文打的话,伞上应该会有血迹 |
[32:40] | Son of a bitch. They’re right. | 狗娘养的 他们说的没错 |
[32:42] | They’re covering up evidence or they lost it. | 他们不是掩灭证据就是遗失了证物 |
[32:44] | We got to go back at their reenactment hard. | 我们应该抓住这点强力反击 |
[32:45] | We can’t. We’d be calling the D.A. and the cops liars for hiding evidence. | 不行 我们会变成在指责检警双方 说谎或掩灭证据 |
[32:49] | The jury will not like it. | 陪审团不会喜欢这样的 |
[32:50] | Here’s what the jury doesn’t like– Kevin– | 你知道陪审团不喜欢什么吗– 不喜欢凯文 |
[32:52] | and it’s because of the D.A.’s reenactment. That thing was a bloodbath. | 全都是因为这部影片的关系 内容太血腥了 |
[32:55] | It made me wanna convict him myself. | 连我自己都想判他罪了 |
[32:57] | But how do you know Stormer’s not sandbagging us again? | 你怎么知道这不是另一个陷阱? |
[32:59] | For all we know, the prosecution left out the umbrella to set a trap for us. | 有可能他们故意把遮阳伞藏起来 设下一个陷阱让我们去踩 |
[33:03] | Plus, to prove that they left it out, you know what I’m gonna have to do, | 而且,要证明他们遗失物证的话 你知道我必须做的是什么 |
[33:06] | and I’m gonna have to do it in court in front of the jury. | 而且我还得在法庭上、在陪审团前做 |
[33:08] | We get this wrong, we could end up convicting our own guy. | 做得不好的话,我们可能弄巧成拙 |
[33:11] | It’s way too risky. We started with accident. That’s our story. | 风险太大了 我们还是继续朝意外论发展下去 |
[33:14] | – We are sticking with it. – We’re losing with that! | – 不要改变战术了 – 意外论会让我们输掉的 |
[33:17] | Look, maybe juries don’t love me, but I know how they think. | 听着,也许陪审团不喜欢我 但我知道他们的思路 |
[33:19] | We need to give them something they can use to acquit our guy. | 我们需要提供一些什么… 一些让他们能无罪释放凯文的理由 |
[33:22] | If they want blood, let’s give them blood. | 如果他们想看血的话 就让他们看吧 |
[33:30] | You’re all sure about this? | 你们都确定要这么做吗? |
[33:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:38] | If they want blood, let’s give ’em blood. | 他们想看血,我们就给他血 |
[33:46] | Your honor, at this time, the defense calls its last witness. | 法官大人 辩方传最后的证人 |
[33:49] | We call the D.A.’s lead detective, Joe Franklin. | 我们传呼检方的警探,乔・法兰克林 |
[33:54] | Let me ask you something… | 我问你… |
[33:56] | You helped Dr. Strickland prepare his video presentation, | 你帮助史崔克兰医师拍摄那部影片 |
[33:59] | helped him re-create the scene of the crime. | 也帮助他现场重建 |
[34:04] | Do you see anything in this picture that’s not in evidence inventory? | 在这张照片里,你看到什么东西 不在呈堂证物里吗? |
[34:08] | No. | 没有 |
[34:10] | You see the umbrella right here beside the patio table? | 你看到这矮桌旁边的遮阳伞吗? |
[34:13] | That umbrella was there the night Caitlin O’Neil died. | 凯特琳・欧尼尔死亡当晚 这把伞是在案发现场的 |
[34:16] | If it’s in the photo, it was there that night. Yes. | 如果它在照片里,那它当晚是在现场没错 |
[34:20] | Yeah, so where is the umbrella now? | 没错,那请问这把伞现在在哪里呢? |
[34:25] | It’s a 5-word question, detective. | 这是一个很简单的问题,警探 |
[34:28] | Where is the umbrella now? | 这把伞现在在哪里? |
[34:30] | – I don’t know where it is. – You don’t know? | – 我不知道它在哪里 – 你不知道? |
[34:32] | You’re in charge of maintaining the evidence. | 是你负责保管现场的证物的 |
[34:36] | Let me help you. | 我来帮你 |
[34:55] | Does this look like the umbrella? | 这把伞看起来像照片里那把吗? |
[34:57] | – I guess. – You guess? | – 大概吧 – 大概? |
[34:59] | It is the exact model the O’Neils bought just last year. | 这和去年欧尼尔买的那把是同一型号 |
[35:02] | We have the receipt to prove it, your honor. Defense exhibit 288b. | 我们有收据可以证明,法官大人 辩方物证 288b |
[35:06] | I want the witness to help me demonstrate a point. | 我想请证人帮我们做个示范 |
[35:08] | Why this witness? Sidebar, your honor. | 为何要请这位证人?法官大人,请求上前 |
[35:10] | For the record, this was cleared with the court ex parte, but hey, if Mr. Stormer | 我呈清一下,我们已经向法院单方面申请 并获准能传呼这位证人 |
[35:14] | wants to object to his lead detective trying to get to the truth of this thing… | 但如果检方想抗议本案的主探长 帮忙追查事件的真相的话… |
[35:18] | I didn’t object. I asked for a sidebar. But we can proceed. | 我没有抗议,我只是请求上前谈话 但我们可以继续 |
[35:22] | Stand here on this marked spot. | 请站在这一点 |
[35:30] | Let the record reflect that it’s 5 feet from the umbrella. | 请记录下来,此点和遮阳伞之间 正好五尺的距离 |
[35:33] | 5 feet is the distance you estimated that Caitlin was standing from the patio table. | 你预占凯特琳当时所站的位置 距离矮桌也正是五尺的距离 |
[35:38] | As well as the umbrella you forgot to put in your video, isn’t it? | 当然也跟你影片里忘记拍摄的阳伞 一样的距离 |
[35:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:41] | Let the record reflect he’s holding the 6-iron the D.A. claims is the murder weapon. | 请记录下来证人手上所拿的六号铁杆 是检方所宣称的凶器 |
[35:46] | Swing the club like you were striking Caitlin O’Neil. | 用力挥杆,想像你在攻击凯特琳・欧尼尔 |
[35:49] | Just do it however you think it happened. | 照你想像中当时发生的情形挥杆 |
[35:52] | Come on, detective. We’re trying to kill somebody here. | 拜托,警探,我们现在在试着杀人 |
[35:55] | At least swing it as hard as you did in the D.A.’s reenactment. | 至少你该挥得和你影片里一样用力吧 |
[36:01] | Stop. | 停 |
[36:06] | Now that was one hit. | 那是一下 |
[36:10] | Not five. One. | 不是五下,是一下 |
[36:13] | Members of the jury… | 陪审团的女士先生们… |
[36:16] | Look at the umbrella. | 请看这把伞 |
[36:18] | Let the record reflect the umbrella is bloodstained, | 请记录下来这把伞上沾上了血 |
[36:21] | spattered. | 溅满血滴 |
[36:24] | If Kevin O’Neil killed his wife | 如果凯文如你所说杀了他太太的话 |
[36:26] | the way you say he did, | |
[36:27] | then the umbrella would have been more red than that one. | 那照片里的伞应该会比现场这把还红才对 |
[36:30] | And if my client’s wife slipped and fell accidentally, | 但如果凯特琳是意外摔倒的话 |
[36:34] | there wouldn’t be any blood on that umbrella at all. | 那么伞上就不会有任何血液 |
[36:37] | I can’t say. | 我没办法肯定的说 |
[36:38] | Well, neither can we, | 我们也不行 |
[36:40] | because the umbrella isn’t here, because you didn’t want to know the truth! | 因为那把伞不在这里 因为你不想要我们知道事实真相 |
[36:43] | Your honor, objection. Argumentative. Move to strike. | 法官大人,抗议,太具争议性 请求暂停审判 |
[36:46] | Caitlin O’Neil slipped and fell. | 凯特琳・欧尼尔失足跌倒 |
[36:49] | She was not murdered. | 她并不是被谋杀的 |
[36:51] | – Your honor, objection! – The defense rests. | – 法官大人,抗议! – 辩方无问题了 |
[36:57] | He couldn’t stand the idea that his wife made love to another man. | 他无法忍受他太太和别的男人上床 |
[37:02] | So he took a golf club to her head to make sure it would never happen again. | 所以他拿了高尔夫球杆用力敲击她的头部 让她永远无法再背叛他 |
[37:08] | – He’s keying in on seven and ten. – He thinks one of them will be foreman, | – 他说是七号或十号 – 他觉得他们两人其中一个是陪审团主席 |
[37:12] | thinks they’ll break the others in deliberations. | 他们将会主导整个判决的方向 |
[37:14] | While his little girl slept in the house, he killed her mother. | 趁他女儿在房间熟睡时,他杀了她的妈妈 |
[37:19] | That is who Kevin O’Neil is. | 这就是凯文・欧尼尔的真面目 |
[37:26] | People think that jurors can be manipulated by the lawyers, the TV. | 人们觉得陪审团可以被律师、媒体 引导或影响 |
[37:31] | You know what? | 你们知道吗? |
[37:33] | They can be. | 他们可以的 |
[37:35] | That’s the kind of world that we live in now. | 那就是我们所生存的这个世界 |
[37:37] | But what if it were you on trial? | 但如果今天换成你被审判呢? |
[37:39] | What if you were sitting right here where my client is now? | 如果今天坐在那个位子上的是你呢? |
[37:41] | You’d want a lawyer fighting for you, | 你也会想要一位好律师帮你辩护 |
[37:43] | and you’d want a jury who cared enough about the evidence | 你也会想要一个重视证据的陪审团 |
[37:47] | and made sure to bring back the right verdict. | 让他们给你一个正确、公平的裁决 |
[37:51] | They don’t have a murder weapon. | 他们并没有杀人凶器 |
[37:53] | Why? | 为什么? |
[37:55] | Because there was no murder. | 因为根本没有人被杀 |
[37:57] | They don’t have a motive. | 他们没有动机 |
[37:59] | Why? | 为什么? |
[38:01] | Because he loved his wife. | 因为他爱他太太 |
[38:04] | They don’t have the umbrella. Why? | 他们没有那把遮阳伞 为什么 |
[38:07] | Because it didn’t fit their story, so they lost it. | 因为那不符合他们编出来的故事 所以他们弄丢了它 |
[38:10] | But that umbrella | 可是那把伞 |
[38:12] | was our whole story. | 才是我们的重点 |
[38:14] | Now what I want | 现在我希望你们能根据事实和证据 |
[38:16] | is for you to bring back a verdict based on the facts, | 做出一个正确的判决 |
[38:18] | period. | 就这样 |
[38:20] | Do that, | 只要这么做 |
[38:22] | and Kevin O’Neil walks out of here the same way he walked in here… | 凯文欧尼尔将会走出这个法庭 和他走进来的时候一样 |
[38:28] | an innocent man. | 是一个无辜的人 |
[38:38] | Ron told me that if they find me guilty, they’d cart me off to jail immediately. | 荣恩说如果我被判有罪的话 他们会立刻把我关进监狱 |
[38:43] | So… | 所以…我写了这封信给我女儿 |
[38:45] | I wrote this letter to my daughter, | |
[38:48] | trying to explain to her why I won’t be coming home. | 告诉她为何爸爸不回家了 |
[38:53] | Will you make sure she gets that? | 你能帮我交给她吗? |
[39:00] | We’re not losing. | 我们还没输 |
[39:10] | What the hell is taking so long, huh? It’s been four days. | 为什么这么慢?已经四天了 |
[39:16] | I should’ve bumped that juror. | 我不应该选那个人的 |
[39:18] | Ron was right. He was absolutely right. | 荣恩没错 他完全没错 |
[39:21] | Look, you don’t need to stay here, Alden. | 你不需要留在这里,雅登 |
[39:23] | I just wanna make sure you don’t hurt yourself. | 我只想确定你不会伤了你自己 |
[39:26] | Nice. | 谢了 |
[39:27] | I swear, this is the last trial I’m going to do. | 我发誉,这是我最后一个案件了 |
[39:29] | You say that every time, but you live for it. | 你每次都这么说,但其实你是为此而活 |
[39:33] | That moment right before the verdict… | 为了判决下来前的前一瞬间… |
[39:36] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[39:40] | Hey, Alden, Tom. | 雅登,汤姆 |
[39:42] | Tom, you okay? | 汤姆,你还好吗? |
[39:48] | They’re back. | 他们回来了 |
[39:53] | The parties will rise. | 控辩双方请起立 |
[39:59] | The court has received a note. | 法院已经收到判决了 |
[40:01] | Will the foreman please identify himself? | 请陪审团主席站起来 |
[40:11] | Have you reached a verdict? | 你们达成判决了吗? |
[40:13] | We have, your honor. | 是的,法官大人 |
[40:17] | The clerk will record the verdict. | 请书记员记录下判决 |
[40:20] | “In the matter of the people vs. Kevin O’Neil, | “凯文・欧尼尔杀人岸件” |
[40:23] | “C-A-C-R-0-6-0-7-8-2-1, | |
[40:27] | “on the charge of murder in the first degree”… | “被告以一级谋杀之名被控” |
[40:32] | How say you? | 你们的裁决是? |
[40:36] | We, the jury… | 我们,陪审团全体… |
[40:39] | find the defendant… | 判定被告… |
[40:43] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[40:44] | – Oh! – Oh, god! | – 噢! – 噢,天啊! |
[41:06] | Kevin… | 凯文… |
[41:08] | You take this. | 这个你拿回去 |
[41:09] | And you go home and you hug your daughter, all right? | 你现在回家,去拥抱你女儿,知道吗? |
[41:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:19] | If you’re just joining us, we have the privilege of having Ron Trott with us, | 那些刚加入我们的观众 我们很荣幸请到了荣恩・克劳特来到节目 |
[41:23] | off his unexpected victory in the Kevin O’Neil case. | 他刚刚才打赢了凯文・欧尼尔的官司 |
[41:26] | – So, Ron, are you surprised you won? – Great to be back on your show, Suzanne. | – 荣恩,你对你的胜利感到意外吗? – 很高兴再上这个节目,苏珊 |
[41:31] | Like I always say, if you got the right lawyer with you, | 如我所说的,如果你有好的律师的话 |
[41:34] | we’ve got the greatest legal system in the world. | 你等于有了世界上最好的司法系统 【凯特琳的死因】 |
[41:46] | I’m gonna get dinner, honey. | 我去拿晚餐,亲爱的 |
[42:28] | Transcript: RaceMan – Synchro: jh26 |