时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | – Did they tell you how long? – Six months. At most. | -他们告诉你还剩多长时间了吗 -最多六个月 |
[00:04] | – Probably. – And where is Maya? | -很可能 -马娅在哪 |
[00:06] | I told ya I was seeing Kat tonight. | 我告诉你我今晚要跟凯特约会了 |
[00:07] | – Well, you can’t be here. I’m busy. – Handyman? | -你们不能待在这里 我很忙 -那个修理工 |
[00:09] | – I wanted sex. It’s just not worth all the… – Sorry. | -我想做爱 但那不值得这些… -抱歉 |
[00:14] | I’ve been driven out of my flat, | 我被赶出了公寓 |
[00:15] | and I know that if I stay here, | 我知道如果我待在这 |
[00:16] | I am going to drink some of that wine. | 就一定会喝点酒 |
[00:19] | 20 years ago, I had an affair…with Helen, | 20年前 我和海伦有过一段外遇 |
[00:23] | and I thought, “What good would it do to tell you?” | 我就想 “告诉你又有什么好处呢” |
[00:26] | You haven’t noticed the ring, have you? | 你没注意到戒指 对吧 |
[00:27] | Just step back completely, | 完全离开我们的生活 |
[00:28] | and when you do, I’ll persuade Hannah it’s for the best, | 同时 我也会劝汉娜接受 这样处理最好 |
[00:30] | get her to make no more demands on you ever. | 让她不再缠着你 |
[00:32] | – I’m her dad. – Mate, she’s got a dad. | -我是她爸爸 -兄弟 她已经有爸爸了 |
[00:34] | – This is Gaby. – I’m his girlfriend. | -这是盖比 -我是他女朋友 |
[00:36] | Right! | 好吧 |
[00:37] | Don’t fall off the wagon, because Maya needs you. | 别戒了酒又犯 因为马娅需要你 |
[00:40] | I can’t imagine what problem your wife has with me, but… | 我无法想象你妻子跟我有什么过节 但是… |
[00:43] | – She’s dead. – I beg your pardon? | -她死了 -什么 |
[00:46] | Someone told me about your wife. I’m sorry. | 有人告诉我你妻子的事了 我很遗憾 |
[00:48] | Everyone makes mistakes. Right? | 每个人都会犯错 对吗 |
[00:51] | We should go out. | 我们应该出去玩玩 |
[00:52] | Give it a go, like exposure therapy. | 试一试情境暴露疗法什么的 |
[00:55] | You’re my student. | 你是我的学生 |
[00:57] | Yeah, I know. I mean as a mate. | 我知道 当我是你的朋友 |
[00:59] | I deserve some love, some kindness. | 我理应被爱 被体贴对待 |
[01:03] | We love each other! | 我们彼此相爱 |
[01:05] | Don’t we? | 不是吗 |
[01:10] | I don’t know if I do any more. | 我不确定我还爱不爱你 |
[01:16] | I don’t know if I do. | 我不确定 |
[01:22] | You don’t love me? | 你不爱我了 |
[01:29] | – Because of Helen? – No. | -因为海伦 -不 |
[01:31] | It was a long time ago, and I didn’t tell you | 都过了这么多年了 我没告诉你 |
[01:33] | because it meant nothing! | 是因为那根本没什么 |
[01:35] | – I was trying to protect you… – Stop it. | -我是想保护你 -别说了 |
[01:36] | I’ve never done anything like that before or since… | 我只出过那一次轨 |
[01:39] | – Henry, please listen to me… – And despite all that, | -亨利 求你听我说… -就算我出轨 |
[01:41] | all our time together, | 我们一起过了一辈子 |
[01:42] | you’ve just now decided you don’t love me any more?! | 你就这样决定不再爱我了 |
[01:45] | – Look, I’m just trying to… – Interesting! | -我是想… -有意思 |
[01:47] | Really interesting. | 可真有意思 |
[01:48] | Yes, it’s hard for both of us, but we do love each other, | 没错 对我俩都是考验 但我们彼此相爱 |
[01:52] | and whatever happens, | 不管发生什么 |
[01:53] | we are going to do it together, all right?! | 我们都会一起面对 好吗 |
[01:56] | That’s exactly what I want, | 我就想这样 |
[01:58] | that we work through this together. | 我们一起面对 |
[02:10] | I don’t want to hear it. | 我不想听 |
[02:19] | You can understand my difficulty. | 你理解我的困境 |
[02:22] | That’s why I came to you. | 所以我来找你 |
[02:24] | – It’s a moral question. – Indeed. | -这是个道德问题 -是啊 |
[02:29] | I told him maybe I didn’t love him any more, | 我告诉他我可能不再爱他了 |
[02:32] | but he just stopped me talking. | 但他打断了我 |
[02:34] | Said he didn’t want to hear it. | 说他不想听 |
[02:36] | Just walked away. | 径直走开了 |
[02:38] | And given what’s going on, maybe he’s right. | 考虑到情况 也许他说得对 |
[02:43] | Maybe it’s selfish. | 也许是很自私 |
[02:46] | Six months? | 六个月 |
[02:48] | Apparently. | 是的 |
[02:53] | Maybe I should keep my feelings to myself, | 也许我应该把情绪藏在心里 |
[02:55] | but I hoped, | 但我本来是希望 |
[02:59] | if we talked, that he’d understand, | 我们聊过之后他就会懂 |
[03:01] | that we could work it out somehow and things could change. | 我们可以把这个结解开 我们的生活能有所改变 |
[03:06] | I conduct a lot of weddings here. | 我在这里结合过很多对新人 |
[03:09] | I talk to the couples about the commitment | 我跟他们说 |
[03:11] | they’re making to each other. | 他们即将许下的承诺 |
[03:14] | We discuss the qualities that might be important. | 我们会谈到重要的品质 |
[03:17] | Support, honesty, respect. | 支持 诚实 尊重 |
[03:21] | We talk about the flexibility a lifetime together requires. | 我们谈到一起白头所需要的灵活性 |
[03:25] | As we seek to live authentic lives, | 我们想活得真实 |
[03:30] | we must allow the space for authenticity in others. | 就要给他人真实生活的空间 |
[03:34] | But it won’t be perfect. | 但不会是完美的 |
[03:36] | Our lives are a process. | 我们的生活是一个过程 |
[03:42] | Please…don’t. | 求你不要 |
[03:46] | You try. | 你尝试 |
[03:48] | Fail. | 失败 |
[03:49] | Fail again. | 再失败 |
[03:51] | Fail better. | 但有所收获 |
[03:53] | People change. | 人会改变 |
[03:55] | And grow. | 会成长 |
[03:57] | A good marriage will allow for that. | 好的婚姻应该给成长留有空间 |
[04:02] | Maybe you could talk to him. | 你能不能跟他谈谈 |
[04:04] | No. | 不 |
[04:07] | I think that’s something you have to do yourself. | 你得自己来 |
[04:10] | All he has to do is…listen. | 他只需要…倾听 |
[04:14] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:16] | Well… | 那… |
[04:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:23] | Of course. | 没事 |
[04:27] | Storm tonight. | 今晚有风暴 |
[04:29] | What? | 什么 |
[04:31] | On the weather forecast. | 天气预报说的 |
[04:34] | They said there’ll be a storm. | 说今晚有风暴 |
[05:22] | – I want to talk about Personal Independence Payment. – PIP? | -我想问下个人独立生活津贴的问题 -津贴 |
[05:24] | Yes, PIP. I tried calling, but… | 对 津贴 我打过电话但是… |
[05:26] | PIP isn’t anything to do with me. | 这种津贴不该来问我 |
[05:27] | Yeah, I know, but I thought… | 对 我知道 但我想着… |
[05:28] | I agreed to meet about your benefits… | 我们约好面谈你的福利 |
[05:30] | Look, they said I needed an assessment, | 他们说要对我做评估 |
[05:32] | so I go all the way there to this room, in front of this man, | 我就大老远赶到那里 面对着他 |
[05:34] | who seems friendly, but… | 他看似和善 但我… |
[05:35] | – There’s nothing I can do. – Listen, | -我无能为力 -听着 |
[05:37] | I’ve put together all my medical notes, | 我把我的医疗记录全都整理好交上去 |
[05:39] | and I don’t think he’s even looked at them. | 我觉得他连看都没看 |
[05:42] | Right? And I’m telling him about | 我给他讲了 |
[05:43] | all the things that I can and can’t do, | 我能做什么 不能做什么 |
[05:45] | and he makes me feel like I’m lying, | 他的反应像我在说谎一样 |
[05:47] | but I’m not. I’m telling the truth | 但我没有 我确实 |
[05:48] | about needing help with food and personal care and… | 需要人帮忙买菜做饭 照顾孩子 |
[05:52] | And by the end of it, I’ve lost my money. | 结果到头来 他把我的津贴取消了 |
[05:55] | The money that I’ve had for years… | 我领这津贴都领了好几年了 |
[05:56] | – Criteria have changed. – I haven’t changed! | -标准变了 -我没变 |
[05:58] | – The criteria… – Actually, I have. | -标准… -其实我变了 |
[06:00] | Right? It’s got worse. I get loads of bad days recently. | 情况恶化了 我最近经常难受 |
[06:03] | And I’ve got arthritis in my hand from using it too much, | 这只手因为用得太频繁 得了关节炎 |
[06:05] | which gets worse and worse. | 而且愈发严重 |
[06:06] | So, yeah, the criteria have changed, and I want to know why. | 是啊 标准是变了 我想知道为什么 |
[06:10] | That’s not my… | 那不是我… |
[06:10] | It’s those without any voice that have been hit | 财政紧缩首当其冲的 |
[06:13] | by the brunt of austerity! | 就是那些无法发声的人 |
[06:14] | Poor people, disabled people… | 穷人 残障人士 |
[06:15] | – Hannah, I think maybe that’s enough… – It hurts! | -汉娜 别再说了… -很疼 |
[06:20] | It’s not just my arm. | 不仅是我的胳膊 |
[06:23] | Right? It affects the whole side of my body. | 我这边身子都疼 |
[06:27] | It affects the way I walk and the way I sleep. | 我走路睡觉都疼 |
[06:34] | I just need to speak to a human being. | 我需要跟个活人谈一谈 |
[06:39] | I’m not begging. | 我这不是在乞求 |
[06:42] | That is my money that I’m entitled to, | 那是我应得的钱 |
[06:45] | to allow me to live my life like anyone else… | 有了它我就能像其他人一样正常生活 |
[06:47] | If you don’t leave, I’ll have to call someone. | 不离开的话我要叫人了 |
[06:58] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[07:06] | Why didn’t you back me up? | 你为什么不帮我说话 |
[07:08] | I didn’t have a problem with the pencils. | 我跟那些铅笔没过节 |
[07:10] | I’m being serious! You were on her side. | 我是认真的 你帮她了 |
[07:12] | A hand on my lap, trying to silence me! | 把手放在我大腿上想让我闭嘴 |
[07:16] | I just didn’t think it would help. | 我觉得帮你说话也没用 |
[07:17] | “Hannah, maybe that’s enough.” It’s not nearly enough! | “汉娜 别再说了” 远远不够 |
[07:19] | This isn’t activism, this is my life! | 这不是激进行动 这是我的生活 |
[07:22] | We’re getting married, and I need you to understand this, | 我们要结婚了 你要明白 |
[07:24] | and more than that, I need you to share it with me. | 不仅是明白 还得跟我共同承担 |
[07:27] | Right, you’re not. | 但你没有 |
[07:28] | I want passion and outrage, not embarrassment! | 我要激情和愤慨 而不是尴尬 |
[07:32] | It’s not my fault. | 不是我的错 |
[07:35] | Come on, let’s just… | 走吧 我们… |
[07:36] | Don’t come home. | 别回家来 |
[07:39] | What? | 什么 |
[07:41] | Stay at your parents’. | 在你父母家过夜吧 |
[07:43] | We haven’t had any time apart since the baby arrived, | 孩子出生以后我们还没分开过 |
[07:45] | and I used to get it, but now you’re always around, for some reason. | 我本来有自己的时间 但你不知为何总黏着我 |
[07:48] | Paternity leave? | 父亲假 |
[07:51] | Are we OK? | 没事吧 |
[07:54] | – You still want to…? – What? | -你还想… -什么 |
[07:56] | God, yes, Liam! I still want to get married. | 天啊 当然了 利亚姆 我还想结婚 |
[07:58] | I just need some space, OK? | 我就是需要点空间 好吗 |
[08:01] | Just say yes! | 快答应啊 |
[08:05] | – Two pillars. – What? | -两根柱子 -什么 |
[08:07] | It’s what they say a good relationship is – | 人们说一段良好关系是两根柱子 |
[08:08] | two pillars holding up a roof, | 撑着一片屋顶 |
[08:11] | and if they’re too far apart, the roof falls down… | 两根柱子离得太远 屋顶会塌 |
[08:16] | …but it’s the same if they’re too close together. | 但离得太近一样会塌 |
[08:19] | Bang. | 砰 |
[08:22] | Just say yes. | 快答应啊 |
[08:25] | Yes. | 好 |
[08:41] | – Get what you needed? – Just extra clothes. | -拿到你需要的了吗 -就是几件衣服 |
[08:44] | So, it’s my birthday tomorrow. | 明天是我生日 |
[08:47] | – I know. – I’ll be 16. | -我知道 -我要16岁了 |
[08:49] | I’m aware of that. | 我知道 |
[08:50] | I thought I might have a party? | 我想着 办场派对 |
[08:52] | Here? | 在这办 |
[08:53] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:58] | Right. | 嗯 |
[09:00] | Well, firstly, well done for asking. | 首先 你能开口问这很好 |
[09:04] | – That’s considerate. – Patronising. | -很贴心 -看不起我 |
[09:07] | But I’m afraid, since you arrived, | 但自从你住到我家 |
[09:11] | I’m forever tidying this flat | 我就不停闲地收拾屋子 |
[09:15] | – and I don’t want a bunch… – Wouldn’t be a bunch. | -我不想让一群… -不会是”一群”的 |
[09:18] | Maybe you wouldn’t invite a bunch, | 可能你确实不会请一群 |
[09:20] | but you put it on Insta-thing… | 但是你一把消息发到图什么网站上 |
[09:22] | Instagram. It’s called Instagram. | 图享网 它叫图享网 |
[09:23] | That’s not a thing you can’t know. | 你不可能连这个都不知道 |
[09:24] | You put it on there, anyone could turn up. | 你发了消息 什么人都可能会来 |
[09:26] | My Instagram’s private. | 我的图享网是私密状态 |
[09:30] | We’ll do something else. | 我们做点别的庆祝 |
[09:33] | Like what? | 比如 |
[09:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:38] | … A cake! | 蛋糕 |
[09:42] | OK, I’ll go out instead, then. Tonight. | 好吧 那我今晚出去 |
[09:45] | – Kat offered, so… – Out? | -凯特提了出去玩 所以… -出去玩 |
[09:47] | Yeah, you know what going out is, right? | 是啊 你知道出去玩是什么意思吧 |
[09:48] | You’ve at least seen other people do it. | 你至少见过其他人出去玩吧 |
[09:54] | You’re not old enough. | 你还没到年龄 |
[09:56] | That’s my problem. | 那是我的问题 |
[09:58] | If I really can’t have a party, I’ve got no choice. | 要是我不能办派对 就没得选了 |
[10:01] | Fine. | 好啊 |
[10:04] | Go out. | 出去玩吧 |
[10:06] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[10:20] | Private medicine’s a different world, isn’t it? | 走私人医保完全不一样 对吧 |
[10:22] | Yes, well, let’s not get into all that. | 没错 我们别谈公保私保的事 |
[10:25] | I have to pay the bills, and I’m not charging you. | 我得付账单 但我不收你的钱 |
[10:28] | It’s none of your business. | 你不用担心这个 |
[10:31] | You know, when I told this man the bad news, | 我告诉他这个噩耗的时候 |
[10:35] | his first thought was of you. | 他的第一反应是你 |
[10:38] | He said, “What about Gail? | 他说”那盖尔怎么办 |
[10:40] | “We won’t tell Gail until we have all the facts. | 等我们完全了解情况了再告诉她吧 |
[10:43] | “Not fair otherwise.” | 不然不公平” |
[10:44] | But you have the facts now? | 但现在你们都了解了 |
[10:46] | Gail, take it from me, | 盖尔 我敢说 |
[10:49] | I’ve never seen anyone handle it so well… | 我从没见过谁应对得如此冷静的 |
[10:52] | Robert, stop being so damn sentimental | 罗伯特 别煽情了 |
[10:54] | and tell her what she needs to know. | 告诉她她要知道什么吧 |
[10:55] | His spirit’s not dimmed, then? | 看来他的精气神儿还在啊 |
[10:58] | Thought that might be a silver lining. | 这算是不幸中的一线希望了 |
[11:01] | Well, we’ll need to gather how far it’s spread. | 我们得弄清扩散到什么程度了 |
[11:03] | That will give us a sense of what treatment we should use | 这样才能知道往后应该用什么疗法 |
[11:06] | going forward, and the prognosis… | 至于预后… |
[11:08] | Henry said six months. | 亨利说六个月 |
[11:10] | Yes, it’s not resectable, | 对 他的病灶不能动手术切除 |
[11:12] | which means certain options are no longer possible. | 也就是说有些疗法我们没法用 |
[11:15] | So, we’ll be looking at a course of chemotherapy. | 所以我们要进行化疗 |
[11:17] | – But it won’t go into remission? – Unlikely. | -但是病情不会缓和 -不太可能 |
[11:22] | Chemotherapy can be hard, of course, | 化疗会很痛苦 当然 |
[11:25] | but, with luck, there will be a longer survival. | 但是运气好的话 能延长一些存活时间 |
[11:27] | A year maybe. | 也许一年 |
[11:29] | And when it takes over, | 等癌症无法控制 |
[11:33] | what happens then? | 会怎样 |
[11:34] | Well, it depends… | 要看情况 |
[11:36] | Vomiting, pain, weight loss, fatigue, depression. | 呕吐 疼痛 消瘦 疲惫 抑郁 |
[11:40] | I’ll become very weak indeed. | 我会变得非常虚弱 |
[11:43] | We’ll get someone in to help. | 我们到时找人来帮忙 |
[11:45] | I’m sure the children will do a bit. | 孩子们肯定会尽一份力的 |
[11:48] | It doesn’t need to all be down to you. | 不会让你一个人承担所有的 |
[11:50] | But most of it will be. | 但大多数都会 |
[11:50] | Well, yes, probably. | 对 很可能 |
[11:54] | But I mean… Well… | 但是… |
[11:58] | I mean, that’s what we signed up for, isn’t it? | 我们当初发的誓就是这样对吧 |
[12:01] | When we got married. | 我们结婚的时候 |
[12:05] | Sickness and health. | 无论疾病死亡 |
[12:07] | Yes? | 对不对 |
[12:17] | You don’t know how lucky you are to have each other. | 你不知道你们彼此支持有多幸运 |
[12:21] | Going through something like this, it…it’s everything. | 经历这种事 有人陪伴非常重要 |
[12:28] | I suppose, essentially, it’s about duplicity. | 我认为重要的是二重性 |
[12:32] | Everybody is duplicitous for Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚认为所有人都具有这种特点 |
[12:36] | God or kings. Peasants. Men. Women. | 无论是神 国王 农民 男人 女人 |
[12:41] | As the witches say in Macbeth, | 《麦克白》的三女巫唱 |
[12:43] | “Fair is foul, | “美即丑恶 |
[12:44] | and foul is fair.” And that idea drives them… | 丑即美”这一概念让它们… |
[12:48] | – Stop. – ..to commit the… | -停 -做出… |
[12:50] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[12:52] | We’re going to finish there for today. | 我们今天的课就上到这里了 |
[12:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[13:02] | 10 10. | |
[13:02] | 11 12 11. 12. | |
[13:05] | 13 14 13. 14. | |
[13:07] | 15 16 15. 16. | |
[13:08] | 17 18 17. 18. | |
[13:11] | 19 20 19. 20. | |
[13:14] | …booked for half seven, but we’ll start with cocktails. | 定的是七点半 但我们先喝鸡尾酒 |
[13:18] | So, as soon as the kids are vaguely asleep | 只要孩子们快要睡着了 |
[13:20] | and you’re sure your man’s not going to have a breakdown | 你确定把家里交给你丈夫 |
[13:22] | being on his own, get over there. | 他不会崩溃掉 就赶紧过来 |
[13:25] | Good session today. | 今天大家练得不错 |
[13:27] | Yeah, you work us hard. That’s why we’re here! | 是啊 你严格要求 所以我们才来上你的课 |
[13:30] | You, um… You going out tonight? | 你们今晚要出去玩吗 |
[13:34] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:35] | – Dinner, drinks… – Cos I’ve got a spare night tonight. | -吃晚餐 喝酒 -因为我今晚有空 |
[13:39] | Perhaps… Could I come along? | 也许…我可以一起去 |
[13:43] | – Of course! – Yeah. | -当然了 -好 |
[13:44] | We’d love that! | 我们很开心 |
[13:46] | – It’s Gallini’s at seven. – All right, then. | -7点在葛里尼酒吧 -好的 |
[13:50] | See you there. | 到时见 |
[13:51] | See you there! | 到时见 |
[13:52] | Bye. See you later! | 再见 过会儿见 |
[14:23] | So, come, come. | 请进 |
[14:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:32] | Time. | 时间 |
[14:34] | It’s all we’ve got. | 我们只有时间 |
[14:36] | It heals…eventually. | 最终会抚慰你的悲痛的 |
[14:41] | I’m sure it doesn’t feel like that at the moment, but… | 你现在肯定不觉得 但是… |
[14:44] | Anyway… | 不管怎样 |
[14:45] | Sit, sit, sit, please. | 快请坐 |
[14:47] | Things are ticking over nicely here. | 一切都在有条不紊地进行 |
[14:49] | The upshot of attention to Kelly after her death, | 凯莉去世后引起人们的注意 |
[14:51] | you know, it’s really really… | 这非常… |
[14:56] | I mean the fact it meant more readers are discovering her work. | 这意味着她的作品被更多读者发现 |
[15:01] | I’m… I’m not here about any of that. | 我不是为这事来的 |
[15:05] | Look, it’s her laptop. | 我是为她的笔记本电脑 |
[15:07] | Her… | 她的… |
[15:09] | Her work laptop. | 工作电脑 |
[15:11] | Right. | 嗯 |
[15:13] | See, after she died, you took it | 她去世后 你取走了这电脑 |
[15:16] | to make sure you had everything that she’d done, | 为了拿到 |
[15:19] | that it was complete. | 她已经完成的研究 |
[15:21] | Yes. | 没错 |
[15:23] | And I…I wanted to have a look myself, | 我想看一看 |
[15:25] | but I couldn’t get in. | 但我打不开 |
[15:29] | There’s a… There’s a password. | 有密码 |
[15:32] | So, presumably you must have it, if you took the work off. | 你拿到了她的研究 应该也有密码吧 |
[15:36] | In terms of anything unfinished, | 她未完成的工作 |
[15:38] | I’m really happy to send it over. | 我非常愿意发给你 |
[15:40] | I mean, there’s nothing… | 没什么… |
[15:42] | Do you…? Do you have the password? | 你有她的密码吗 |
[15:45] | We-we… Yes. | 我们…有 |
[15:49] | What is it? | 密码是什么 |
[15:53] | David… | 大卫 |
[15:56] | – …this is awkward. – What? | -这好尴尬 -什么 |
[16:03] | Kelly worked very closely with us. | 凯莉跟我们紧密合作 |
[16:05] | We… We picked up her first submission. | 她发表的第一篇文章是我们选的 |
[16:08] | There…there was a lot of trust there. | 我们非常信任彼此 |
[16:11] | And as with many writers, she left instructions | 跟很多其他作家一样 她留下了 |
[16:13] | as to what should happen in the event of her death, | 如何处理身后事的指示 |
[16:15] | and that included that we remove all the work off her laptop, | 其中包括把她的所有作品从电脑里转移走 |
[16:17] | but, er, not give anyone the password. | 但是不能给其他人密码 |
[16:22] | Even me? | 连我都不行 |
[16:24] | I’m afraid we can’t go against her wishes. | 我们恐怕不能违背她的意愿 |
[16:30] | What didn’t she want me to see? | 她有什么不想让我看到的 |
[16:33] | We got the relevant files. Anything else wasn’t… | 我们拿到了相关的文件 其他的不… |
[16:35] | Wait, wait. What else? | 等等 什么其他的 |
[16:43] | She was loved by everyone here | 这里每个人都爱她 |
[16:46] | and her readers. | 她的读者也爱她 |
[16:50] | David… | 大卫 |
[16:54] | …she adored you, I promise. | 她深爱你 我保证 |
[16:59] | Maybe just… | 也许就… |
[17:02] | ..Trust her. | 相信她吧 |
[17:06] | David… | 大卫 |
[17:27] | – Hello. – It’s Kat. | -你好 -我是凯特 |
[17:33] | You don’t have to take your shoes off. | 不用脱鞋 |
[17:34] | – Oh, right, thanks. – Just stay there, on the mat. | -好 谢谢 -站着别动 站在地垫上 |
[17:37] | It’s Kat! | 凯特来了 |
[17:41] | – You want to know where we’re going? – No. | -你想知道我们要去哪吗 -不想 |
[17:43] | Vanilla. Maya’s never been there before. | 香草 玛雅从来没去过 |
[17:46] | Is… Is Vanilla a club? | 香草是夜店吗 |
[17:48] | It’s for girls, you know? | 只有女孩能进 你知道吗 |
[17:51] | Not really. | 不知道 |
[17:52] | Are you going out, too? | 你也要出门吗 |
[17:55] | – No. – You’re dressed up. | -不 -你都打扮好了 |
[17:56] | No, I’m not. | 不 我没有 |
[17:57] | – Why are you dressed up? – Very funny. | -你为什么打扮 -真有意思 |
[17:59] | Wait there, please. | 等一下 |
[18:06] | Do you want me to open that now? | 你要我现在拆吗 |
[18:08] | Up to you. | 依你 |
[18:09] | Right, then. | 那好 |
[18:11] | But it would be polite. | 但你现在拆开会比较礼貌 |
[18:19] | 你现在可以合法地离家自立 退学 骑轻型摩托车 但你敢做以上任一 我就杀了你 | |
[18:29] | Mum? | 妈妈 |
[18:31] | Has she even texted, or anything? | 她发过短信什么的吗 |
[18:34] | Open the present. | 拆礼物吧 |
[18:48] | Oh, my God, mate. | 天啊 姐们 |
[18:50] | That’s really expensive. | 那超贵的 |
[18:56] | It was my mother’s. Your grandmother’s. | 以前是我妈妈的 你姥姥的 |
[19:01] | Thanks, yeah? | 谢了 |
[19:04] | Look… | 听着 |
[19:06] | You’ll lose it. | 你会弄丢的 |
[19:08] | Give it to me and you can have it to look at when you like. | 交给我 你想看看的时候再给你 |
[19:23] | Bye. | 再见 |
[19:24] | Happy birthday to you… | 祝你生日快乐 |
[19:26] | Yeah, thanks. | 谢了 |
[19:52] | 我想了解关于她的真相 如果你知道… 请原谅我提出了这个奇怪的请求 | |
[20:23] | 德里枫叶餐馆 不寻常的一天 我晚到10分钟 塞拉 吻你 没问题 过会儿见 吻你 | |
[20:38] | – How was it? – Yeah, good. We went to the park. | -怎么样 -很棒 我们去了公园 |
[20:41] | We looked at some squirrels, and I told her how cars work. | 看了会儿小松鼠 我给她讲了汽车的原理 |
[20:46] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[20:47] | Yeah! Just a weird email from the guy upstairs. | 没事 就是楼上那个家伙发的奇怪的邮件 |
[20:52] | His… His wife died. | 他妻子去世了 |
[20:56] | Liam not back? | 利亚姆没回来 |
[20:57] | He’s at work. | 他在工作 |
[21:00] | Actually, no. He’s… He’s at his parents’. | 不 其实他在他父母家 |
[21:04] | I needed some space, if I’m honest. | 我需要点空间 实话说 |
[21:06] | Doghouse. What happened? | 被冷落了 怎么了 |
[21:08] | No, no, nothing. | 没什么 |
[21:09] | I’m just not used to him being around all the time, so it’s… | 我就是不习惯他一直都在 所以… |
[21:13] | Yeah, my mum and dad argue a lot. | 我爸妈总吵架 |
[21:16] | They love each other, but it’s Vietnam half the time. | 他们彼此相爱 但家里有一半时间都像越战一样 |
[21:18] | Me and my sister are like, “Duck for cover! Napalm! Pfft!” | 我和我妹妹说”躲避找掩护 凝固汽油弹” |
[21:23] | Napalm? | 凝固汽油弹 |
[21:27] | She’s been hitting herself in the face. | 她一直都在打自己的脸 |
[21:29] | Is that normal? | 这正常吗 |
[21:31] | She can’t believe her dad does napalm jokes. | 她就是不敢相信她爸竟然开凝固汽油弹的玩笑 |
[21:34] | Well, she better get used to it. | 那她最好赶紧适应 |
[21:40] | Do you…want to stay for a cup of tea or whatever? | 你想坐一会儿喝杯茶什么的吗 |
[21:45] | – I don’t drink tea. – Whatever, then. | -我不喝茶 -无所谓 |
[21:49] | It’s not Mastermind, Andy. You don’t have to. | 这又不是玩珠玑妙算游戏 安迪 你不用紧张 |
[21:52] | – I was just being polite. – Yeah. Coke? | -我就是出于礼貌问问 -好 可乐行吗 |
[21:56] | Sure. | 行 |
[21:59] | That’s it. | 那就可乐 |
[22:04] | – Coke. – Thanks. | -可乐 -谢谢 |
[22:06] | You’re lucky. | 你真走运 |
[22:07] | I hate fizzy drinks, but… | 我不喜欢带气的饮料但是… |
[22:10] | ..Liam says they’re his guilty pleasure. | 利亚姆说可乐是他罪恶的快感 |
[22:17] | I like your flat. | 我喜欢你家 |
[22:20] | Landlady keeps the rent low, for some reason. | 女房东收的租金一直不高 由于某种原因 |
[22:23] | – Yeah, she’s all right, your landlady. – You met her? | -是啊 你的女房东人很好 -你们见过 |
[22:25] | Yeah, we got talking one time. | 对 有次聊过天 |
[22:27] | She’s nice, but, I don’t know, something’s not right, is it? | 她人很好 但我说不好 有些事不太对劲 |
[22:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:54] | Oh, shit! What are you…? | 该死 你干什么 |
[22:56] | You’re wearing your best shirt! | 你穿了最好的那件衬衫 |
[22:58] | Very nice. Just one question. | 真好 就一个问题 |
[23:01] | What are you hoping will happen tonight? | 你盼着今晚会发生什么 |
[23:03] | That this girl will jump into bed with you and do things? | 那个女孩会跳上你的床 |
[23:07] | Cos, look, I love you, but you are not | 因为 听着 我是很爱你 但你不算 |
[23:09] | experienced, to put it mildly, | 经验丰富 委婉点说的话 |
[23:11] | And we both know that you are missing me and using her. | 我们都清楚 你思念我 你在利用她 |
[23:15] | Not good at all. | 这一点也不好 |
[23:16] | What’s on the laptop? | 电脑里有什么 |
[23:19] | – Good evening. – Yeah, I’m meeting a friend. | -晚上好 -我约了朋友 |
[23:22] | – He’s right there. – Yes, right over there. | -他在那 -那边请 |
[23:33] | Please… | 请坐 |
[23:36] | – This… Is this, too formal? – No, no, it’s great. | -是不是太正式了 -没有 很好 |
[23:40] | I’m paying anyway, so I didn’t want you to have to worry about… | 反正是我付钱 所以你无需担心… |
[23:44] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[23:46] | Right, good. | 好 |
[23:48] | Look, I might not have much money, | 我可能不算有钱 |
[23:49] | but it’s a point of principle for me. Pay my way. | 但这是我的原则 我付我自己的 |
[23:52] | Yes. Quite right. | 好 你说得对 |
[23:54] | – Anything to drink? – Yes, yes. Would you like to…? | -想喝点什么吗 -对 你想… |
[23:59] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[24:00] | – Don’t worry about it. It’s fine. It’s fine. – All right. | -别担心 没事的 -好了 |
[24:04] | I’m very clumsy. | 我笨手笨脚的 |
[24:06] | Yes, please. | 好 |
[24:07] | Yes, we would definitely like some drinks. | 我们当然想点酒水 |
[24:10] | – Yes? – Yeah. | -对吧 -对 |
[24:26] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[24:27] | Moving my stuff into the spare room. | 把我的东西放到空房 |
[24:30] | Where? | 哪里 |
[24:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:36] | You’re not sleeping in here any more? | 你以后不睡卧室了 |
[24:39] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[24:40] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[24:42] | Throwing a few things away, too. | 还要扔几件东西 |
[24:44] | I gave you this. | 这是我送你的 |
[24:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[24:47] | No, no, no, I’m not playing games! | 不不不 别闹 |
[24:51] | Neither am I. | 我没有 |
[24:52] | I tried to talk to you, you didn’t want to hear it. | 我想跟你好好谈一谈 可你不想听 |
[24:55] | – Well, all right, let’s talk now. – All right. | -好吧 我们现在谈 -好 |
[24:57] | I’ll tell you everything, on one condition. | 我告诉你一切 有一个条件 |
[25:00] | – So complicated! – That when I’m talking, | -这么复杂 -我说话的时候 |
[25:01] | You don’t. You listen… | 你不许说 你好好听着 |
[25:03] | Listening was my job, really. | 倾听 我以前就是干这个的 真的 |
[25:05] | The right answer is just to say, “Of course. | 正确的回答应该是”当然了 |
[25:07] | “Of course I’ll listen.” | 我当然会好好听着” |
[25:09] | If you can’t give me that reassurance… | 如果你不能保证做到 |
[25:11] | Of course I’ll listen. | 我当然会好好听着 |
[25:16] | Right. | 好 |
[25:24] | You know I crashed into Dawn and we went for lunch. | 你知道我碰见了多恩 我们一起去吃了午餐 |
[25:27] | – Dawn, yes. – Well, she’d last seen me so long ago, | -多恩 是啊 -她好长时间没见到我了 |
[25:30] | and she was surprised. | 她很惊讶 |
[25:33] | And eventually she told me | 最后她告诉我 |
[25:35] | that I seemed like a shadow of the person she knew at school. | 我像完全变了个人 再不是上学时她认识的我 |
[25:38] | – I see. – That at school I’d been very extrovert, | -嗯 -我上学时非常外向 |
[25:43] | and now, well… | 现在… |
[25:46] | She also watched us together | 她还观察我俩在一起的时候 |
[25:49] | and noticed how much you talked over me. | 注意到你屡屡打断我说话 |
[25:52] | How you didn’t listen. | 你不听 |
[25:54] | – How you mocked me. – Mocked you? | -你嘲笑我 -嘲笑你 |
[25:56] | Made fun of me all the time – yes, in a way that’s funny, | 总拿我开玩笑 从某种程度上来说是很有趣 |
[25:59] | – but that undermines me. – Not sure what gave her the right… | -但那削弱了我 -她怎么有资格… |
[26:01] | I know, and I’m not… | 我知道 我不… |
[26:04] | I’m not saying she’s right about everything… | 我不是说 她事事都说得对 |
[26:06] | – Good! – ..But the problem was that once she’d said it… | -好 -但问题在于她一说到这些 |
[26:10] | ..I realised it was true. | 我发现的确是这样 |
[26:13] | You do do those things…all the time. | 你的确一直都那样做 |
[26:17] | I see. | 嗯 |
[26:18] | And it went further. | 还没完 |
[26:20] | She reminded me of the ambition I had. | 她让我想起了我曾有的抱负 |
[26:22] | The things I wanted to do. | 我曾经想做的事 |
[26:24] | – No-one’s stopped you. – She said, at school, | -没人拦你 -她说 上学时 |
[26:25] | everyone looked up to me because I was funny. | 大家都仰慕我 因为我很风趣 |
[26:28] | She said extrovert. | 她说外向 |
[26:30] | Outrageous. | 大胆 |
[26:32] | You’d hardly call me that now. | 你现在都不怎么那样形容我 |
[26:35] | Well, you were young. | 你确实年轻过 |
[26:38] | Yes, but what I’ve realised is | 对 但我发现 |
[26:41] | – I met you at that time and… – We got on fantastically. | -我那时遇见了你 -我们一拍即合 |
[26:44] | – Henry… – Love at first sight. | -亨利 -一见钟情 |
[26:45] | ..I don’t want to be cruel in any of this… | 我不是故意想残忍 |
[26:47] | Right, because it’s feeling cruel. | 嗯 因为感觉很残忍 |
[26:48] | ..But I have to be honest with you. | 但我必须跟你坦白 |
[26:51] | Yes, we got on, we fell in love or whatever you want to call it… | 是 我们一拍即合 一见钟情 随你怎么说 |
[26:56] | ..But I was 22, | 但我当时才22岁 |
[26:58] | and now I’m wondering whether I made a mistake. | 我现在在想 当时是不是犯了个错 |
[27:01] | Whether you weren’t supposed to be “The one”… | 你也许并非我的那个真命天子 |
[27:05] | ..You were supposed to be “The first”. | 你是我的初恋 |
[27:11] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I-I… | 很抱歉 我… |
[27:14] | I’m going to die, Gail. | 我要死了 盖尔 |
[27:16] | – I’m dying. – I know. Of course. | -我要死了 -我知道 |
[27:18] | Then stop talking. Stop saying all of this. | 那别说了 别说这些了 |
[27:21] | Yes, I was going to do that, to not say anything, | 是啊 我本来什么都不想说 |
[27:24] | but then you told me you slept with another woman for two years | 但你告诉我你跟另一个女人有染 两年 |
[27:27] | and kept it from me, | 还瞒着我 |
[27:28] | and told our children and did what you liked, | 告诉孩子们 自己为所欲为 |
[27:31] | And I realised, Henry, | 我发现 亨利 |
[27:32] | you’ve always done what you liked our whole lives, | 我们这辈子 你一直都为所欲为 |
[27:35] | and I haven’t! I haven’t, Henry, and you never noticed! | 我却没有 亨利 而且你从来都没注意到 |
[27:40] | So maybe now I’m allowed to say it | 也许我现在能说出来 |
[27:42] | and maybe it’s up to you to find a way to handle it! | 而你要想办法解决 |
[27:47] | Be sure. | 你可要想好了 |
[27:50] | – What? – Be sure of what you’re doing, saying. | -什么 -你可要想好了再做 再说 |
[27:54] | Because already you’ve said things you can’t undo. | 因为你说出去的话已经收不回了 |
[27:57] | I have a feeling there’s no going back from some of this. | 我觉得有些事已经回不去了 |
[28:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:03] | There’s a whole part of me you’ve never seen. | 我有一面你从来没见过 |
[28:11] | So, what’s on the laptop? | 电脑里有什么 |
[28:12] | You’re thinking she was seeing someone else? | 你觉得她出轨了 |
[28:15] | Well, we were… | 我们… |
[28:17] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:19] | Can you imagine her doing something like that? | 你能想象她做出这种事吗 |
[28:29] | Let’s not… Let’s not talk about her. | 我们别谈她了 |
[28:32] | Well, look, you can if you want. | 你想谈的话就谈啊 |
[28:34] | We can’t pretend it’s not what you’re thinking about all the time. | 你一直都想着这件事 我们没法假装不是 |
[28:38] | It’s ok. | 没事的 |
[28:40] | Go on. | 说吧 |
[28:41] | You met at school. | 你们是同学 |
[28:42] | You… | 你… |
[28:44] | You’re kind. | 你真善良 |
[28:47] | Yes, we met at school. | 对 我们是同学 |
[28:50] | No, you know, we just stayed together. | 我们一起住 |
[28:54] | In her 20s, she taught and wrote a novel, | 她20岁的时候 教课 写了一本小说 |
[28:58] | and then two more. | 然后又写了两本 |
[29:00] | And they weren’t…bestsellers, | 并不是畅销书 |
[29:03] | but, you know, they were good. | 但很精彩 |
[29:06] | And then sometimes, recently, | 然后最近 |
[29:08] | she taught creative writing at the university. | 她在大学教创意写作 |
[29:11] | And, I don’t know, we were just… | 我说不好 我们… |
[29:15] | ..We were just happy, you know? | 我们就是很幸福 |
[29:25] | Sob story leading to physical contact. Good! | 悲伤的故事引发身体接触 妙 |
[29:31] | You said… | 你说… |
[29:34] | I got the impression that you’d lost someone. | 我觉得你好像失去过谁 |
[29:38] | My mum, when I was a kid. | 我妈妈 我小时候 |
[29:40] | And then my dad, three years ago now. | 然后我爸爸也没了 三年前 |
[29:43] | I’m really sorry. | 节哀 |
[29:46] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[29:48] | Good thing is, now I can do what I want. | 好处是 我现在想干什么就干什么 |
[29:51] | No disapproval. | 没人反对 |
[29:53] | I’m free. | 我自由了 |
[29:57] | Why are you interested in me? | 你为什么对我感兴趣 |
[30:01] | What? | 什么 |
[30:02] | Well, I’m in mourning for my wife. | 我在为我妻子哀悼 |
[30:05] | I can’t imagine I’m the ideal partner… | 我不能想象我是理想对象… |
[30:07] | Who said I was interested? | 谁说我感兴趣了 |
[30:10] | Well, you are here. | 你今天来了不是吗 |
[30:17] | Right, what is going on with these emails? | 你怎么总收到邮件 |
[30:19] | Are you organising something? | 你在组织什么吗 |
[30:20] | No. Since I couldn’t get into her laptop, | 没有 既然我登不进去她的电脑 |
[30:23] | I emailed everyone and asked them about it. | 我就发了邮件问所有人 |
[30:27] | Everyone? | 所有人 |
[30:28] | I told them that Kelly had another phone, | 我告诉他们 凯莉还有一部手机 |
[30:31] | that she’d had been hiding something from me, | 她一直都有事瞒着我 |
[30:34] | and I want to know what it is. | 我想知道是什么事 |
[30:36] | And…and what are they saying? | 他们怎么说 |
[30:39] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[30:41] | Just that they’re sorry, you know? | 就是安慰我 |
[30:43] | It’s all pity. | 表示遗憾 |
[30:46] | Always pity. | 总是表示遗憾 |
[30:49] | And I don’t… | 我不… |
[30:55] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:21] | No… | 不 |
[31:22] | Just in case. | 以防万一 |
[31:25] | Enjoy! | 好好玩吧 |
[32:01] | Anna! | 安娜 |
[32:07] | Belle, actually. | 是贝尔 |
[32:09] | Yes, so I gather. | 是啊 |
[32:13] | What’s that about, then? | 怎么回事 |
[32:15] | – It’s my name. – Yeah, but not for years. Not since… | -我叫贝尔 -对 但你最近才改 |
[32:17] | Not since you – Exactly! Think of it as my maiden name. | 离婚之后才改 没错 把它当成我的婚前名 |
[32:22] | Well, this is an unwelcome coincidence. | 真不巧 |
[32:26] | Not for me. | 我不觉得 |
[32:28] | So, you’re out, then, with… | 你今晚出来玩 跟… |
[32:32] | With friends. | 跟朋友 |
[32:33] | Having fun. | 开心一下 |
[32:36] | Well, speaking of which, | 说到这个 |
[32:38] | Kayleigh, can I get another one of those, please, and, | 凯蕾 再来一杯一样的 |
[32:41] | what do you want? | 你想喝什么 |
[32:43] | I don’t know why I’m asking! | 我不知道我为什么要问 |
[32:45] | And a large glass of Pinot, please. | 一大杯皮诺酒 |
[32:47] | Yes, of course. | 好的 |
[32:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:53] | So… | 那么… |
[32:55] | …we need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[32:58] | What about? | 谈什么 |
[32:59] | Well, it’s a proper conversation. | 这是正式谈话 |
[33:12] | Won’t bite. | 喝吧 酒又不咬人 |
[33:22] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[33:37] | You look better than ever. | 你的气色比以前好了 |
[33:41] | I’ve missed you. | 我很想你 |
[33:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:54] | Maya? | 马娅 |
[33:55] | – Hey, I need picking up! It’s just… – What? | -我需要你来接我… -什么 |
[33:58] | I need you to come and get me from… | 你来接我 |
[34:00] | Maya? | 马娅 |
[34:05] | I need to go. | 我得走了 |
[34:06] | – Sure, but what about our chat? – Fine. | -好 那我们的谈话呢 -好吧 |
[34:10] | We’ll meet Friday. Here. Ten o’clock. | 我们周五十点在这里见 |
[34:12] | Good. | 好 |
[34:20] | I have two questions to ask you about all of this. | 我有两个问题要问你 |
[34:22] | Well, thank you for structuring this conversation in advance. | 感谢你提前规划好了要谈什么 |
[34:25] | Do you want to talk or not? | 你到底想不想谈 |
[34:30] | Firstly, even if everything you’re saying is true, | 首先 就算你说的都是真的 |
[34:32] | do you think that would have been my intention | 你觉得我是故意那样的吗 |
[34:34] | to do whatever you’re saying, to limit you, to not listen? | 限制你 不听你讲 |
[34:38] | That would never have been what I wanted. Yes? | 我绝对不想这样 对吧 |
[34:41] | Perhaps you weren’t consciously aware of it, no. | 也许你没意识到 |
[34:43] | All right. Good. That’s a start. | 好 很棒 这是个很好的开端 |
[34:46] | Which brings us on to the second question. | 那么就来到第二个问题 |
[34:48] | You could have raised this at any point in the last 50 years. | 过去的50年间 你本来随时都可以跟我提 |
[34:51] | Instead, you’re doing it when I’ve got six months to live. | 但你提的时间恰恰是我只有六个月可活了 |
[34:54] | You’re saying it’s my fault, | 你说这是我的错 |
[34:55] | but if you never told me, how can I know?! | 但你从来没说过 那我怎么知道 |
[34:58] | I often ask if you’re happy, | 我总问你幸福吗 |
[35:00] | and you’ve always, until yesterday, said yes. | 你也总是回答幸福 直到昨天 |
[35:04] | So, to put this entirely on me, out of the blue, is unfair. | 所以把这些唐突地归咎于我并不公平 |
[35:08] | Do you accept even a little bit of that? | 你觉得我说得有哪怕一点点道理吗 |
[35:10] | I understand what you’re saying. | 我理解你的意思 |
[35:12] | It’s true, I didn’t know until now. | 没错 我现在才知道 |
[35:23] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[35:26] | When I first met you, you were out there! | 我初遇你的时候 你风风火火 |
[35:30] | Protesting, outspoken. | 抗议 直率 |
[35:33] | Those hippy dresses. | 穿着嬉皮士裙子 |
[35:36] | When I came in through the French windows | 当我从落地窗进来 |
[35:37] | and saw you for the first time, I was speechless! | 第一次见到你时 我震惊到说不出话 |
[35:41] | And since then, I have never asked you | 从那以后 我从来没阻止过你 |
[35:43] | to be anyone other than yourself. | 做自己 |
[35:46] | Have I? | 对吧 |
[35:51] | I used to see this a lot with my patients, | 我的病人这样我见得多了 |
[35:54] | when there was a couple | 一对夫妻 |
[35:55] | and they were facing something – cancer, disease – | 面对着考验 癌症 疾病 |
[35:58] | the one who was going to do the caring would often look, | 照顾病人的那一方 |
[36:00] | subconsciously, for an escape route… | 总会无意识地寻找逃跑路线 |
[36:02] | No! It’s got nothing to do with that! | 不 这跟那个无关 |
[36:06] | I… | 我… |
[36:07] | You’ve said it wasn’t your intention, | 你说你不是故意的 |
[36:09] | that I should have told you. | 我应该早点告诉你 |
[36:11] | But you still did it, Henry! | 但你依然在这样做 亨利 |
[36:13] | You laughed at me, lessened me. | 你嘲笑我 贬低我 |
[36:15] | All the time! | 一直都是 |
[36:19] | What do you want, then? | 那你想怎样 |
[36:21] | Me to be completely different? | 让我完全改变 |
[36:23] | To stop making jokes? | 不再开玩笑 |
[36:25] | To stop being the person I am? | 不再做我自己 |
[36:27] | Yes, exactly! | 没错就是这样 |
[36:29] | You have to change. | 你必须改变 |
[36:47] | Can’t you speak on the phone? | 你们不能打电话吗 |
[36:49] | He said he’d rather talk in person. | 他说他想当面说 |
[36:52] | Do you want me to come in with you? | 你想让我跟你进去吗 |
[36:54] | No. | 不 |
[36:56] | Can you wait? | 你能在车里等吗 |
[36:59] | Yeah. Yeah, course. | 好 没问题 |
[37:24] | Yeah, eventually, I want to start my own business, | 最终我想自己创业 |
[37:26] | doing events, weddings, birthday parties. | 办活动 办婚礼 办生日聚会 |
[37:28] | What would it be called, your business? | 那你的公司叫什么 |
[37:29] | – I don’t… It doesn’t matter. – No, it does, I mean… | -我不…无所谓 -不 有所谓 |
[37:32] | – Taylor Made. – Taylor Made? | -泰勒制造 -泰勒制造 |
[37:33] | Yes, because Taylor’s my surname. | 对 因为我姓泰勒 |
[37:35] | But, obviously, you’ll be taking his name after you get married? | 但你们结婚以后 你不是要改姓他的姓吗 |
[37:37] | No way! His surname’s Banner! | 不可能 他姓班纳 |
[37:39] | – So? – Hannah Banner? | -那又怎样 -汉娜·班纳 |
[37:41] | Hannah Banner! | 汉娜·班纳 |
[37:44] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[37:45] | Yeah, I mean, you can marry me if you want. | 你想的话 可以嫁给我 |
[37:47] | Hannah Danso – much better. | 汉娜·丹索 好听多了 |
[37:51] | I mean, what do you want to do? | 我是问你想干什么 |
[37:54] | Right! | 这样啊 |
[37:55] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:56] | I just don’t want to feel like I’m stuck with anything. | 我就是不想感觉自己被困住 |
[38:00] | Be free. | 想自由自在 |
[38:01] | You’re stuck to one thing. | 你被一样东西困住了 |
[38:04] | Gaby? | 盖比 |
[38:05] | No, me and Gaby, we’re… | 不 我和盖比 我们… |
[38:07] | – Not serious? – No, we… | -不是认真的 -不 我们… |
[38:10] | We’ve known each other since college, | 我们是大学时认识的 |
[38:12] | and when I got back, we started seeing each other. | 我回去之后 我们就开始约会 |
[38:15] | Why did she come to the pub? | 她那晚为什么来酒吧了 |
[38:18] | Honestly? | 要我说实话吗 |
[38:19] | She was jealous, I think. | 她应该是嫉妒 |
[38:22] | – She says I talk about you too much. – Do you? | -她说我总是提你 -是吗 |
[38:25] | – No. Why would I? – Why would you? | -没有 我为什么会那样 -你为什么会那样 |
[38:28] | Gaby’s moving away, actually. | 盖比要搬走了 |
[38:31] | – Far away, or…? – Leeds. | -搬到很远还是… -搬到利兹 |
[38:32] | She’s got a job there. | 她在那找了份工作 |
[38:33] | She wants me to come, too. | 她想让我一起去 |
[38:36] | I’m thinking about it. | 我在考虑 |
[38:38] | Right. | 嗯 |
[38:39] | It’s not far. I’ll still visit Evie, no problem. | 不远 我还会来看伊薇 这不成问题 |
[38:42] | Yeah. No. Completely. | 是啊 完全没问题 |
[38:49] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[38:54] | What did you see in me that night? | 你那晚看上我什么了 |
[38:58] | I just wondered. | 我就是很好奇 |
[38:58] | Really good hair. | 非常漂亮的头发 |
[39:00] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[39:03] | You were wearing these killer boots. | 你穿着让人无法抗拒的靴子 |
[39:04] | They’re really good boots. | 是啊 真的很漂亮 |
[39:07] | And when I first spoke to you, you laughed | 我跟你搭话的时候 你笑了 |
[39:09] | and put your hand on me. | 把手放在我身上 |
[39:10] | Not on my arm or shoulder. | 不是放在我胳膊或者肩膀上 |
[39:12] | You reached over and touched me | 你伸手抚摸我 |
[39:15] | on my side, like this. | 把手放在我的腰上 这样 |
[39:20] | It was really close. | 真的很亲密 |
[39:23] | And you made me laugh. | 你逗我笑 |
[39:26] | You still do. | 现在也是 |
[39:26] | I’m very funny. | 我很风趣 |
[39:29] | What about me? | 那你看上我什么了 |
[39:32] | You were hot. | 你很性感 |
[39:33] | Is that it? | 就这样 |
[39:35] | Well, yeah. I mean, I didn’t know you then. | 是啊 我那时还不认识你 |
[39:39] | You know me now. | 你现在认识了 |
[39:49] | I’m just going to go and check on Evie. | 我去看看伊薇 |
[40:03] | I want to come in. | 我想进去 |
[40:04] | 10.50. | 十镑半 |
[40:10] | I’m… I’m not gay. I’m not gay. | 我不是同性恋 |
[40:14] | – Does it matter? – Not to me. | -有关系吗 -我无所谓 |
[40:18] | Right. Good. | 好 |
[40:57] | Well, you don’t in any way look like you should be here. | 你绝对不像应该来这的人 |
[41:00] | Where’s Maya? | 马娅在哪 |
[41:02] | Yeah. She’s… Look, I don’t know! She got all pissy. | 她…我不知道 她生气了 |
[41:05] | Thought I was dancing with someone else, | 她以为我跟别人跳舞了 |
[41:06] | But it’s like, “Calm down, yeah? I really wasn’t.” | 但我说”你冷静 我真没有” |
[41:09] | – Right, so where is she now? – She went. | -好 那她现在在哪 -她走了 |
[41:11] | Look, I tried to stop her, | 我拦她了 |
[41:12] | but you know what she’s like when she gets an idea in her head. | 但你知道她这人有多犟 |
[41:14] | She told me not to follow, so I’m like, “Fine!” | 她告诉我别跟着她 所以我就”好啊” |
[41:31] | I can’t believe you’re going to throw this away. | 我不敢相信 你竟然要把它扔掉 |
[41:33] | It’s our honeymoon. | 是我们度蜜月时买的 |
[41:34] | You said she looked like me. | 你说她像我 |
[41:36] | What? | 什么 |
[41:37] | We were sitting drinking hot chocolate, | 我们坐着喝热巧克力 |
[41:40] | and you went and found it on the counter and you bought it. | 你走过去在柜台上看到了它 就买下了 |
[41:43] | And you said that woman standing there, she looked like me. | 你说站在水晶球里的女人像我 |
[41:47] | Well, she did. Exactly. | 没错 确实像 |
[41:49] | Even then, when I think about it… | 我想起来 |
[41:52] | ..When you said she looked like me, you were laughing. | 你说她像我的时候 你在笑 |
[41:57] | You said she looked like me because she had a red face. | 你说她像我是因为她脸红 |
[42:00] | And you were laughing at me because I had a red face then. | 你笑我是因为我当时脸红了 |
[42:04] | You did. It was funny. | 的确是 很有意思 |
[42:06] | Yes, but, Henry, don’t you see that’s the difference? | 是啊 但亨利你没发现这就是差异吗 |
[42:09] | This thing that you think is romantic, | 你觉得浪漫的这件事 |
[42:12] | that signifies our marriage, is in fact a token, | 代表着我们的婚姻的事 其实是一个象征 |
[42:16] | a perfect illustration of a moment when you were laughing at me, | 是你嘲笑我 让我出糗的 |
[42:20] | making me ridiculous! | 完美示例 |
[42:22] | Well, you’re not throwing it away. | 你不许扔掉它 |
[42:27] | So, given complete freedom, what would you do? | 如果你有百分百的自由 你要做什么 |
[42:29] | – I don’t know! – Oh, come on, imagine I’m not here, | -我不知道 -拜托 想象一下我不在了 |
[42:31] | which will be a reality very soon, what then? | 我很快就真的不在了 你要怎么办 |
[42:34] | What do you want to do that you feel you can’t? | 你想做什么你不能做的事 |
[42:35] | – I’ve just told you! – But surely that’s the point. | -我刚刚说了 -但重点不就在这吗 |
[42:37] | We can’t change the past, | 我们改变不了过去 |
[42:39] | so unless this is an exercise in making me feel guilty, | 所以除非你是在练习让我愧疚 |
[42:41] | what we are surely talking about is what we do now. Yes? | 我们说的不就是现在要怎么办吗 对吧 |
[42:45] | Sometimes you don’t seem to have any love for me at all. | 有时你似乎一点都不爱我 |
[42:47] | – What?! – Even the way you just phrased that question | -什么 -就连你刚刚问问题的方式 |
[42:50] | sounded more like an accusation. | 都更像是指责 |
[42:52] | Well, I’m sorry the way I speak doesn’t match your standard. | 我很遗憾我的说话方式达不到你的标准 |
[42:54] | Don’t get defensive. | 别辩解 |
[42:55] | Well, how do you expect me to behave? | 那你想让我怎么做 |
[42:58] | Actually, I think I’ve done rather well tonight. | 我觉得自己今晚做得挺好的 |
[43:00] | I haven’t walked out, I haven’t got angry, | 我没一走了之 我没生气 |
[43:02] | even though you’ve destroyed our past, | 就算你毁了我们的过去 |
[43:04] | our marriage, my personality… | 我们的婚姻 我的人格 |
[43:05] | I’m just telling you the truth. | 我就是在跟你说实话 |
[43:07] | What do you want me to do when I’m feeling this? | 我就是有这种感觉 你要我怎么做 |
[43:09] | I want you to think, Gail. | 你好好想想 盖尔 |
[43:10] | I want you to put our whole lives in perspective, | 你想想我们的生活 |
[43:12] | and then, if you’re not happy now, | 然后如果你现在不幸福 |
[43:13] | all I’m asking is that you decide what you do want instead. | 那你来决定你想做什么 |
[43:16] | – How can I, when I don’t know who I am? – Stop making excuses! | -连自己是谁都不知道怎么决定 -别找借口了 |
[43:20] | Be practical about it. We’ve already established | 实际一点吧 我们已经确认过 |
[43:22] | it would never be my intention to do what you’re saying. | 我不是故意像你说的那样的 |
[43:24] | Yes, but I think subconsciously… | 对 但我觉得潜意识中 |
[43:26] | …it absolutely was. | 你绝对是的 |
[43:26] | Subconsciously! | 潜意识 |
[43:27] | Well, that’s very hard to prove | 那很难证实 |
[43:28] | either way and very hard to blame me for, I’d say. | 而且很难怪在我头上 |
[43:29] | Yes, using me to prop you up, serving you your whole life – | 利用我支持你 一辈子伺候你 |
[43:34] | a servant, a pet, a slave to your ego | 仆人 宠物 你的自我的奴隶 |
[43:37] | rather than, for a second, | 一点都没想过 |
[43:39] | thinking about how you might find out what I want! | 你如何能发现我想要什么 |
[43:41] | I don’t mean this to sound as critical as it undoubtedly will, | 我知道接下来的话不好听 但我不是故意的 |
[43:44] | but this whole conversation reminds me of talking to Jon or Rachel | 但今天的对话让我想到乔恩和瑞秋15岁的时候 |
[43:47] | when they were 15 years old and going round in circles and… | 我跟他们谈 来回绕圈子 |
[44:02] | I think you did know, Henry. | 你肯定知道 亨利 |
[44:03] | On some level, I think you did. | 在某些层面上 你知道 |
[44:06] | And when you had the affair with Helen, | 你出轨跟海伦在一起 |
[44:08] | you did it because she was exciting | 是因为她很刺激 |
[44:10] | and I was not, and you knew that. | 我平平淡淡 你知道的 |
[44:13] | And instead of talking to me about it, | 你没有跟我说起你想要刺激 |
[44:15] | you just found it elsewhere, | 而是在其他地方找到了 |
[44:17] | because you wanted me to stay small | 因为你想让我继续渺小 |
[44:19] | and predictable and mum | 老实 做孩子的妈妈 |
[44:21] | and good old, funny old Gail! | 做那个无趣的老盖尔 |
[44:25] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[44:27] | ..You knew exactly what you were doing. | 你对自己的行为一清二楚 |
[44:36] | I don’t believe a word of it. | 我一个字都不相信 |
[44:42] | Where are you going now? | 你要去哪 |
[44:52] | All the information you need is in the files. | 你需要的信息都在文件里 |
[44:56] | – Bills, contact numbers. – What are you talking about? | -账单 联系人电话 -你在说什么 |
[44:59] | I’ll take my phone, I’ll be fine, | 我带着手机 我会没事的 |
[45:02] | but I won’t tell you where I am. | 但我不告诉你我在哪 |
[45:03] | – You’re leaving? – What does it look like? | -你要走了 -不然呢 |
[45:05] | You’re making yourself look completely ridiculous. | 你真荒唐 |
[45:24] | Thank God! | 谢天谢地 |
[45:27] | I thought you might have gone home to bed! | 我还以为你回家睡觉了呢 |
[45:28] | I’ve been searching Manchester all night. | 我今晚找遍了曼彻斯特 |
[45:31] | – What are you doing here? – You called me. | -你在这干什么 -你给我打了电话 |
[45:33] | Yeah, I wanted a lift. | 对 我想让你载我回家 |
[45:34] | You hung up! | 你挂断了 |
[45:36] | My phone ran out of credit. | 我手机欠费了 |
[45:38] | I don’t have any money or savings left. | 我没钱了 |
[45:42] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[45:44] | With effort. | 费了好大力气 |
[45:47] | And asking people. | 还有四处问人 |
[45:49] | I went to your club. | 我去了你的夜店 |
[45:51] | Met your friends. They said you got angry with them. | 见到了你的朋友 他们说你生他们的气了 |
[45:55] | They didn’t know why. | 他们不知道为什么 |
[45:58] | When I went home today, it wasn’t for clothes. | 我今天回家不是为了拿衣服 |
[46:01] | I thought there might be some change in the sofa. | 我想着沙发里也许有点零钱 |
[46:05] | But I’d forgotten. | 但我忘了 |
[46:08] | I hadn’t thought that it’d still be there, on the carpet. | 我忘了地毯上依然有… |
[46:13] | What? You mean the… | 什么 你指的是… |
[46:14] | About ten minutes before it happened, she called me. | 出事前大概10分钟 她喊我 |
[46:16] | She was like, “Maya?” | 她喊”马娅” |
[46:19] | Then she called me again and she was angry. | 然后又喊了我一声 她生气了 |
[46:23] | I’d always ignore it cos it just meant that she was drunk | 我总是忽略掉 因为她就是喝醉了 |
[46:25] | and wanted someone to shout at. | 想找个人吼一吼 |
[46:29] | – She blamed me for everything. – I know. | -她把一切都怪在我头上 -我知道 |
[46:33] | Then, about ten minutes later, there was this…screaming. | 过了10分钟左右 她尖叫起来 |
[46:38] | But I still didn’t go out. | 我还是没出去 |
[46:40] | Just stayed in my room, put my headphones on. | 待在我自己的房间里 戴上耳机 |
[46:45] | Then the screaming stopped. | 然后尖叫声停了 |
[46:48] | Like, suddenly. | 戛然而止 |
[46:52] | That’s when I went to go see. | 我出去看看情况 |
[46:54] | – Maya… – She was sat there on the floor, | -马娅… -她坐在地上 |
[46:56] | staring at me, | 瞪着我 |
[46:59] | blood everywhere. | 血到处都是 |
[47:00] | This smashed glass. | 玻璃碎片 |
[47:03] | She’d cut her arm, maybe twice. | 她割腕了 可能割了两次 |
[47:08] | Then she saw me… | 她看到了我 |
[47:11] | ..And she cut her arm again. | 又开始割腕 |
[47:15] | Just…looking at me. | 盯着我 |
[47:22] | I got my phone and called the ambulance. | 我拿了手机叫救护车 |
[47:24] | They were amazed by how calm I was. | 他们很惊讶我那么镇定 |
[47:27] | She’s ill. | 她病了 |
[47:27] | She’s feeling what she’s feeling, and she hates me. | 她就是恨我 |
[47:36] | Yeah, she’s ill. You don’t have an excuse. | 是啊 她是病了 你没有借口 |
[47:40] | What do you…? I don’t hate you! | 你说什么 我不恨你 |
[47:42] | Then why have you been so fucking horrible? | 那你为什么那么可怕 |
[47:48] | You could’ve asked me for money. | 你本可以来管我要钱的 |
[47:49] | You could’ve offered. | 你本可以主动给我的 |
[47:55] | I just… I didn’t think that you’d… | 我就是…我没想到你… |
[48:01] | I don’t mean to be… | 我不是故意… |
[48:16] | I’ve got problems of my own, but I know… | 我有自己的问题 但我知道… |
[48:19] | ..I know I’m the grown-up. | 我才是成年人 |
[48:24] | You have to promise me. | 你得答应我 |
[48:29] | What? | 什么 |
[48:30] | Whatever happens, whatever I do, | 不管发生什么 不管我做什么 |
[48:33] | you’ll be there to look after me, | 你都会照顾我 |
[48:35] | to fucking…love me, | 爱我 |
[48:37] | because I don’t have anyone else. Literally no-one. | 因为我没有别人了 真的没有别人了 |
[48:43] | I might be 16, but that’s still a child, | 我也许满16岁了 但16岁也还是孩子 |
[48:46] | so you have to promise me, | 所以你得答应我 |
[48:48] | from now on, I come first. | 从现在起 我是最重要的 |
[48:55] | Jesus, what are you staring at? It’s a simple… | 天啊 你看什么 这么简单 |
[48:57] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[49:05] | Ok. | 好 |
[49:12] | Ok. | 好 |
[49:19] | – Where are you going? – Home. | -你要去哪 -回家 |
[49:23] | Home? | 回家 |
[49:25] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[49:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[49:30] | But it’s your birthday. | 但今天你过生日 |
[49:59] | It, er… It wasn’t him. | 不是他 |
[50:01] | He was just someone she contacted for research. | 他就是她为了研究联系的一个人 |
[50:07] | As someone who’d been cheating on their partner, | 她在写一本书 |
[50:10] | for a book she was writing. | 其中提到的出轨的人 |
[50:13] | While they were talking, Kelly admitted that she’d done it. | 他们交谈的时候 凯莉承认她做了 |
[50:19] | Been unfaithful. | 她出轨了 |
[50:23] | And that’s all he knew. | 他只知道这些 |
[50:31] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[50:36] | So it, erm… | 所以… |
[50:38] | Our marriage was just… | 我们的婚姻… |
[50:45] | She was in Liverpool, right? | 她当时在利物浦对吧 |
[50:47] | And there was this man, he rushed past her | 有一个男的从她身边掠过 |
[50:51] | and he knocked her and she fell to the ground | 撞倒了她 |
[50:54] | and she hit her head. | 她磕到了头 |
[50:58] | And then, within five minutes, she died. | 没到五分钟她就死了 |
[51:01] | And I…I couldn’t understand | 我不明白 |
[51:04] | why she was there in the first place. | 她为什么要去利物浦 |
[51:08] | And now I know. | 现在我知道了 |
[51:17] | I know that this might sound, er, strange, | 我知道这也许听起来奇怪 |
[51:22] | but…I really don’t care any more. | 但我再也不在乎了 |
[51:40] | I remember this wonderful production | 我记得曼彻斯特皇家交易戏院的 |
[51:41] | of Doll’s House at the Exchange. | 《玩偶之家》 太精彩了 |
[51:43] | – Stop it. – The big exit of the persecuted woman. | -别说了 -受迫害女性的一条出路 |
[51:46] | It wasn’t bad apart from the costumes, | 那场戏除了服饰以外 其他的并不算糟糕 |
[51:48] | but I think this is more dramatic. | 但我觉得今天这更戏剧化 |
[51:50] | Amazing performance, Gail! | 演技绝了 盖尔 |
[51:52] | A grand gesture! | 精心布置这么一出 |
[51:54] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[51:55] | You’re really going to go? | 你真准备走了 |
[51:56] | It feels like I’ve been in the dark so long. | 我浑浑噩噩太久了 |
[52:00] | I’ve no idea what that means. | 我不知道你什么意思 |
[52:06] | Go on, then. | 那你走吧 |
[52:08] | I’m not chasing after you. | 我不会追你的 |
[52:12] | Good. | 好 |
[52:23] | – Hope everything’s OK with Gaby in Leeds. – Yeah, thanks. | -希望盖比在利兹顺顺利利的 -谢谢 |
[52:27] | You really think you’ll go? | 你真要去吗 |
[52:28] | Yeah, yeah… I don’t know. | 嗯 我不知道 |
[52:35] | It’s good you stayed tonight. | 你今晚来陪我真好 |
[52:37] | – Yeah. Yeah, it’s been fun. – Yeah. Yeah. | -是啊 我聊得很开心 -嗯 |
[52:40] | Look, I was… I was wondering, | 我在想… |
[52:45] | Going on holiday? | 要去度假吗 |
[52:46] | Well, not exactly, but away. | 不是 但我要出门 |
[52:48] | I told him I needed space. He can’t know you’re here! | 我告诉他我需要空间 不能让他知道你在这 |
[52:52] | Gail! | 盖尔 |
[53:02] | I just put the bins out. | 我刚刚把垃圾桶放出去 |
[53:04] | I know you said you wanted to be alone, but… Here. | 我知道你说你想一个人静静 但是… 给 |
[53:12] | Sorry, I… | 抱歉 我… |
[53:14] | I can be passionate. | 我也可以有情调 |
[53:17] | That’s sweet. | 真贴心 |
[53:18] | Gail? | 盖尔 |
[53:26] | It’s not fair, Gail! | 这不公平 盖尔 |
[53:48] | Please. | 求你了 |
[56:56] | Night-night. Night-night. | 晚安 晚安 |
[58:00] | Please. | 求你了 |