时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | ‘It always starts with a body. | 案件总是从一具尸体开始 |
[00:08] | ‘Then come the questions. | 然后就有了问题 |
[00:13] | ‘That’s where I come in. | 这时我就出场了 |
[00:15] | ‘Jolliphant’s the name. | 我叫朱利芬特 |
[00:17] | ‘Detective Superintendent Jolyon Jolliphant. | 朱利恩·朱利芬特警司 |
[00:22] | ‘ “Jolly” for short.’ | 一般喊我”老朱” |
[00:27] | 肯尼斯·塞勒斯 饰演 朱利恩·朱利芬特警司 | |
[00:31] | 理查德·利昂库特 饰演 史蒂夫·钱斯督察 | |
[00:34] | 泰德·皮克斯基 饰演 威尔金斯警长 | |
[01:08] | Now, you do remember | 你记得吧 |
[01:09] | you very kindly promised to give Raph your vote | 你曾好心保证过 会在即将到来的选举中 |
[01:12] | in the upcoming elections. | 投拉夫一票 |
[01:23] | 失落男孩大军 被诅咒的伙伴们 雅士帮今晚邀请你出席 请着正装 | |
[01:32] | I mean, we will know if he comes up short, | 如果他的票数不够 我们肯定会知道 |
[01:36] | and if by some unhappy circumstance he should come up short… | 如果他的票数很不幸的不够 |
[01:40] | ..There will be remonstrances… | 就要有人吃罚酒了 |
[01:43] | and likely worse. | 很可能还会更糟 |
[01:51] | That’s the slate. Yes? | 事情就是这样 知道了吧 |
[01:57] | Chin-chin! | 干杯 |
[02:43] | ‘Constable Banks? Cut along to old Ma Peggoty’s | 班克斯警员 去趟玛·佩格蒂那里 |
[02:46] | ‘and see if you can’t sort out these young tearaways.’ | 好好收拾一下这些小流氓 |
[02:49] | ‘Yes, Sarge.’ | 是 警长 |
[02:50] | ‘Now… I’m sure what happened to DCI Blaze will be on your mind. | 我知道你肯定还想着布雷兹高级督察的事 |
[02:55] | ‘A good copper, gunned down in the line of duty.’ | 好警察 因公殉职 死在枪口下 |
[03:18] | ‘But you can rely on this. | 但相信我 |
[03:20] | ‘When it comes to one of our own, we leave no stone unturned.’ | 死的是我们自己人 我们一定不遗余力 |
[03:25] | ‘No, Sarge.’ | 是 警长 |
[03:26] | ‘Meantime, the best you and me can do | 现在 我们能做的 |
[03:29] | ‘is stick to our duties and do ’em to the best of our ability.’ | 就是恪尽职守 认真负责 |
[04:27] | Well, well, well. | 哎呀呀 |
[04:29] | I say, you fellows. | 各位 |
[04:32] | Here’s sport. | 有的玩了 |
[04:55] | ‘Every barrel has its bad apples. | 每个桶里都有烂苹果 |
[04:58] | ‘But in my book, there are very few creatures on this Earth | 但在我看来 这世上没有什么 |
[05:01] | ‘lower than a bent copper. | 比黑警更低劣的 |
[05:03] | ‘Now, I don’t know what led him down that path, | 我不知道他怎么会走上了这条路 |
[05:05] | but whatever it was, | 但不管因为什么 |
[05:07] | ‘death has a way of wiping a man’s slate clean in this world. | 死亡能让人在这世上的一切一笔勾销 |
[05:13] | ‘I can’t speak as to the next.’ | 别人怎么想我就不知道了 |
[05:19] | Kettle on? | 烧水泡茶啊 |
[05:47] | ‘The finding of this board | 本委员会经调查认定 |
[05:49] | ‘is that the tragic events of last December, | 去年12月发生的悲剧 |
[05:52] | ‘which led to the shooting of DI Thursday | 以及瑟斯戴督察的中枪 |
[05:54] | ‘and the arrest of DS Morse, | 和摩斯警员的被捕 |
[05:57] | ‘were due solely to a mental breakdown ‘suffered by ACC Clive Deare. | 完全归咎于克莱夫·迪尔助理警察局长的精神崩溃 |
[06:03] | ‘We are also of a view that | 我们还认为 |
[06:05] | ‘further investigation into other extraneous matters | 对其他无关事件的进一步调查 |
[06:08] | ‘would NOT be in the national interest. | 对国家无益 |
[06:12] | ‘To which end, all investigative materials relating to | 因此 所有布伦纳姆谷男童院的 |
[06:16] | ‘Blenheim Vale Boys’ Home | 相关调查资料 |
[06:18] | ‘are to be sealed for 50 years.’ | 都将被封存50年 |
[06:28] | – Morning, Morse. – Good morning, Mrs Thursday. | -早啊 摩斯 -早 瑟斯戴太太 |
[06:32] | There’s tea in the pot if you want to go through. | 要进去坐坐吗 壶里还有茶呢 |
[06:34] | Ah, no time this morning, I’m afraid. | 今早没时间啊 |
[06:36] | Fred tells me Jim Strange has asked you to be best man | 弗莱德跟我说吉姆·斯特兰奇请你做伴郎了 |
[06:39] | for him and Joan’s… | 给他和琼的… |
[06:41] | Yes. Yes, that’s right. | 是啊 没错 |
[06:43] | It’ll mean a lot to him. | 那肯定对他意义重大 |
[06:45] | Well, to both of them, I’m sure. | 对他们都是 |
[06:48] | – Sam settling back in all right? – Morse. | -萨姆还适应吗 -摩斯 |
[06:53] | – Morning, Sir. – Much in? | -早 长官 -有情况吗 |
[06:58] | Local beat man found him on his rounds | 本地巡警巡逻时发现的 |
[07:00] | not long after six. | 刚过六点的时候 |
[07:02] | – Anything to say who he was? – Dosser, by the looks of him. | -有任何身份证明吗 -看样子是个流浪汉 |
[07:06] | They hang out here and the wasteland by the old Kemble Theatre. | 他们通常待在这里或坎布剧院附近的荒地 |
[07:12] | – Morning, Doctor. – Chief Inspector. | -早 医生 -高级督察 |
[07:15] | Much to go on? | 能看出什么吗 |
[07:17] | Male, late 50s, early 60s, | 男性 60岁上下 |
[07:20] | most likely not in the best of health, | 健康状况应该不太好 |
[07:22] | multiple injuries, looks like he took a serious beating. | 多处伤势 看来是被狠狠地打了一顿 |
[07:26] | What’s with all the, uh, blood? | 怎么那么多血 |
[07:28] | Someone stuck a broken bottle in his neck. | 有人把一个碎瓶子扎进了他的脖子里 |
[07:31] | Whether that’s what did for him, | 至于这是不是他的死因 |
[07:33] | or he was already on his way out… | 还是说他当时已经不行了 |
[07:35] | I’m afraid I won’t be able to express an opinion | 我恐怕得等到尸检过后 |
[07:37] | until after the postmortem. | 才能给出结论 |
[07:40] | Shall we say two o’clock? | 两点见吧 |
[07:47] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[07:54] | It’s £20. | 这是20镑 |
[07:55] | What’s left of it. Burnt. | 20镑的残片 烧残了 |
[07:58] | That’s a lot of money. Can’t see him doing that. | 这可不是小数 他不会干这种事吧 |
[08:01] | Maybe that’s what he fell out with his mates over. | 或许他就是因为这个跟人起了争执 |
[08:05] | See if you can run his pals to ground, find out what they got. | 去找找他的朋友 看他们知道什么 |
[08:10] | Jim, you take me back to the station. | 吉姆 送我回警局 |
[08:35] | Fear not, for behold, I give you good tidings of great joy.” | 别怕 看啊 我带来了好消息 |
[08:40] | The results are in… | 结果出来了 |
[08:42] | Mr President. | 主席先生 |
[08:46] | – A vagrant? – Kicked to death… | -流浪汉 -被踢打致死 |
[08:48] | or stabbed with a broken bottle, | 死因也可能是被碎瓶子插脖子 |
[08:51] | according to Doctor DeBryn. | 德布林医生这么说 |
[08:53] | I dunno what the world’s coming to. | 真不知道这世界是怎么了 |
[08:57] | Most days, I barely recognise it at all. | 很多时候 我觉得它已经面目全非 |
[08:59] | No, Sir. | 是啊 长官 |
[09:02] | Criminal damage… cars smashed and stolen, | 刑事毁坏 车辆被砸被盗 |
[09:06] | violence between gangs of young men on Carfax in broad daylight, | 年轻人拉帮结派 光天化日在卡费斯街斗殴 |
[09:11] | wanton lawlessness. | 简直无法无天 |
[09:13] | This is Oxford! It’s not New York. | 这里可是牛津 不是纽约 |
[09:17] | No, Sir. | 是啊 长官 |
[09:18] | Have you thought any more about Carshall? | 你考虑卡歇尔的事了吗 |
[09:21] | Yes, Sir. | 是的 长官 |
[09:23] | I’ve decided to put in for it. | 我决定申请了 |
[09:26] | It’ll mean a move, but… that could be good for the family. | 那样我们就得搬家 但那对我们家或许有好处 |
[09:30] | Joan’ll be settled, and… | 琼也安家了 |
[09:33] | ..I’d like to see Sam properly back on his feet. | 我想帮萨姆好好重新振作起来 |
[09:35] | I’m sure. | 当然 |
[09:37] | How’s he readjusting to civilian life? | 他回归社会还适应吗 |
[09:40] | Pretty well, Sir. Thank you. All things considered. | 总得来说 还挺好的 长官 谢谢 |
[10:47] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:51] | I’m the police. | 我是警察 |
[10:54] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[10:57] | It’s all right, no need to be scared. | 没事 不用害怕 |
[11:01] | I’d just like to talk to you. | 我只想跟你谈谈 |
[11:04] | – Devils? – “In the shape of men.” | -魔鬼 -“人形魔鬼” |
[11:07] | – The hell she mean by that? – Oh, I don’t know. She was terrified. | -这是什么意思 -我不知道 她吓坏了 |
[11:10] | She said they looked like Fred Astaire, | 她说他们像弗莱德·阿斯泰尔 |
[11:11] | only their faces were wrong. | 但面孔不对 |
[11:13] | Four or five of them. | 四五个人 |
[11:14] | That’s what I’m to report to Mr Bright, is it? | 要我这么跟布莱特先生报告吗 |
[11:16] | Case like that, she’s drunk from dusk till dawn, | 这种人 从早到晚都醉醺醺的 |
[11:19] | it’s hard to know what she’s seen. | 谁知道她看到了什么 |
[11:21] | Any of them have a name for him? | 有谁知道他叫什么吗 |
[11:23] | Hugh or Hughie, no surname. | 休或休伊 不知道姓氏 |
[11:25] | I wouldn’t put your hopes in getting to the bottom of it. | 别太指望能查出什么 |
[11:28] | These types blow into town without a trace | 这些人悄无声息地来 |
[11:30] | and blow out again just the same. | 悄无声息地去 |
[11:32] | Unreliable witnesses at best. | 说是不可靠证人都算轻了 |
[11:34] | And that’s if you can ever find ’em again. | 如果你还能再找到人的话 |
[11:36] | Er, anything further on | 布伦达·刘易斯 |
[11:37] | Brenda Lewis’ time at Landesman’s? | 在兰德斯曼公司工作期间的情况还有进展吗 |
[11:39] | There was a Missing Persons case, in her name in ’63 | 63年有一宗她的失踪报告 |
[11:42] | but closed shortly afterwards. | 但不久就结案了 |
[11:44] | She worked directly for Joe Landesman as his personal secretary. | 她直接在乔·兰德斯曼手底下做私人秘书 |
[11:46] | Nothing more from Ronnie Box, I don’t suppose? | 罗尼·鲍克斯那边也没有新消息吧 |
[11:48] | – Weren’t expecting anything, were we? – You never know with Box. | -会有新消息吗 -鲍克斯这人不好说 |
[11:51] | I wouldn’t put it past him to keep something up his sleeve | 我看他完全可能藏着一手 |
[11:53] | till he’s worked out whether it plays to his advantage. | 等着看能不能拿来换取利益 |
[11:56] | Might be worth giving him another tickle, | 或许可以再去找找他 |
[11:57] | see if we can jog his memory. | 看他会不会想起什么 |
[11:59] | Thursday. | 瑟斯戴 |
[12:05] | Maybe we should cool it for a bit. | 或许我们该低调一阵 |
[12:09] | – “Cool it”? – The police… | -“低调” -警察 |
[12:12] | Aren’t going to bother themselves | 才不会为个臭老头子 |
[12:13] | too much over some filthy old man. | 大动干戈呢 |
[12:16] | You know, if I didn’t know better, Archie-boy… | 要不是我知道 阿奇 |
[12:21] | ..I’d say you were losing your nerve. | 我会以为你是吓破胆了 |
[12:23] | No, no. It… It’s not like that, Raph. | 不 不是那样的 拉夫 |
[12:25] | I do hope not. | 希望不是 |
[12:28] | – You got rid of it yet? – No. | -你处理好了吗 -没有 |
[12:30] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[12:40] | So… cause of death was finally exsanguination. | 最终死因是失血过多 |
[12:45] | The jagged end of the bottle punctured his left carotid artery | 碎瓶子尖利的边扎破了他的左颈动脉 |
[12:50] | and jugular vein. | 和颈静脉 |
[12:52] | Half a dozen wounds. | 身上有六七处伤 |
[12:55] | One hesitates to say frenzied, | 虽然不敢说是疯狂施暴 |
[12:57] | but it certainly wasn’t just an unlucky blow. | 但也绝对不是不小心打了一拳 |
[13:00] | When you say “finally”? | 你说”最终”的意思是… |
[13:03] | He was already in a pretty poor state. | 他的状况本就很糟了 |
[13:05] | Ruptured spleen. A number of cracked ribs. | 脾破裂 肋骨多处骨折 |
[13:08] | Fractured humerus. Liver laceration which… | 肱骨骨折 肝撕裂伤 |
[13:12] | could have proved fatal if left unattended. | 如果不治疗 就可能致命 |
[13:15] | That was all from the beating? | 都是殴打所致吗 |
[13:16] | Oh, yes. Three or four assailants, I’d have said. | 是的 我觉得有三四个袭击者 |
[13:20] | Multiple contusions and abrasions. | 多处挫伤和擦伤 |
[13:23] | I’ve put his bits and pieces on the side. | 我把他的私人物品放旁边了 |
[13:32] | Kept his wedding ring. | 还留着婚戒 |
[13:34] | Must’ve meant something to him. | 肯定对他很有意义 |
[13:37] | Else he’d have pawned it long since | 不然他早就当掉 |
[13:38] | and chucked the proceeds down his neck. | 换酒喝了 |
[13:43] | Kiddies. | 孩子 |
[13:45] | Probably in their 30s by now. | 现在大概30多了 |
[13:47] | Not much to show for a life. | 一辈子就这么点东西 |
[13:49] | We enter the world with nothing and leave with much the same. | 我们生不带来 死不带走 |
[13:53] | Kings and beggars both. | 不论是国王还是乞丐 |
[13:56] | The rich man at his table… | 富人死在桌边 |
[13:59] | ..Poor man kicked and stabbed to death. | 穷人被踢打捅死 |
[14:01] | – Where was the beret? – In the coat. | -贝雷帽是放在哪的 -大衣里 |
[14:10] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[14:12] | Ex-soldier, as it turns out. | 是个退伍军人 |
[14:15] | Limehouse Rifles. My old unit. | 莱姆豪斯步枪队 我以前的部队 |
[14:18] | Much in over lunch? | 中午有什么事吗 |
[14:19] | Trying to work my way through the motors | 我在努力调查昨晚在宽街上 |
[14:20] | that got vandalised on the Broad last night. | 被人砸坏的那些车 |
[14:23] | Turns out the sports car that got pinched | 被偷的那辆跑车 |
[14:25] | belongs to the Lady Mayoress. So… | 属于市长女士 |
[14:28] | And we’ve got a missing person. | 还有起失踪案 |
[14:30] | Locals are short-handed, so they’ve asked us to deal. | 本地警方人手不够 就拜托我们了 |
[14:32] | – Where’s this? – Out Slepe way. | -在哪 -在斯利普那边 |
[14:55] | Afternoon, I’m, er, Detective Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley. | 下午好 我是泰晤士河谷警局的摩斯警长 |
[14:59] | – Miss Baynard, would it be? – Freya. | -贝纳德小姐吗 -芙蕾雅 |
[15:02] | You reported a Paul Baynard missing, is that right? | 你报案说保罗·贝纳德失踪了 对吗 |
[15:05] | My dad. He locked up after work, | 我爸 他工作完后锁了门 |
[15:08] | and then went on his bike about eight thirty. | 然后大概八点半骑摩托出门了 |
[15:11] | I thought he was going to The Wheatsheaf in the village, | 我以为他是要去村里的麦捆酒吧 |
[15:12] | – about three miles. – And when did you expect him back? | -离这里就三英里 -他本该什么时候回来 |
[15:15] | Chucking out time. | 关门的时候 |
[15:17] | Is there anyone you can think of | 他会不会是去谁家住了 |
[15:19] | that he might’ve gone to stay with? | 你能想到什么人吗 |
[15:21] | No. | 没有 |
[15:24] | It’s just us. | 就只有我们 |
[15:28] | What does he do? | 他是干什么的 |
[15:30] | Illustrator. Book covers, magazines. | 插画师 图书封面 杂志 |
[15:33] | How has he seemed recently? | 他最近看起来怎么样 |
[15:35] | Er, hard to tell. He doesn’t say much. | 不好说 他不怎么说这些 |
[15:40] | Anything been troubling him? | 他有什么烦恼吗 |
[15:43] | I wouldn’t have said. | 应该没有 |
[15:45] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[15:47] | You think something bad has happened? | 你觉得他是出事了吗 |
[15:51] | People disappear for many reasons, Miss Baynard, | 人们失踪的原因有很多 贝纳德小姐 |
[15:53] | not all of them sinister. | 并不都是可怕的原因 |
[15:55] | Sometimes, people just need to step away. | 有时 有些人就是想离开一阵 |
[15:59] | To be honest, we very rarely consider someone | 老实说 我们一般不会轻易认定 |
[16:01] | to be a missing person | 某人失踪了 |
[16:02] | unless they’ve been gone for at least a week. | 除非他们已失踪一周 |
[16:04] | It’s just the two of you, you said? | 你说就你们俩吗 |
[16:07] | Mum died. | 我妈死了 |
[16:09] | When I was young. | 我当时还小 |
[16:14] | Do you have a photograph of him? | 你有他的照片吗 |
[16:19] | Ordinarily, he’s quite camera-shy… | 他一般都不愿照相 |
[16:23] | ..But he needed it as a study for a painting, so… | 但他为设计一幅画拍了这张 |
[16:27] | Half a face do you? | 半张脸可以吗 |
[17:21] | Anything further on Mickey Flood? | 米奇·弗拉德有新进展吗 |
[17:23] | Nothing outside this protection racket warrant down the Smoke. | 没别的了 就是斯莫克的敲诈保护费逮捕令 |
[17:27] | Well, tearing a man’s tongue out and nailing it to the floor? | 把人的舌头扯下来钉在地上啊 |
[17:29] | There’s got to be more to it that. | 肯定没这么简单 |
[17:30] | If I might have your attention. | 请大家注意 |
[17:37] | Reports are coming in… | 我们接到报案 |
[17:39] | ..That the body of a uniformed constable | 有一位普通民众发现了 |
[17:42] | has been discovered by a member of the public. | 一具警员的尸体 |
[17:44] | I’m on my way to Division… | 我马上就去警部 |
[17:47] | ..But if it’s foul play… | 但如果是谋杀 |
[17:50] | ..I want whoever’s behind it on the charge sheet inside 24 hours. | 我要幕后黑手在24小时内被起诉 |
[18:15] | First impressions, Doctor? | 初步判断 医生 |
[18:18] | Injuries are consistent with a fall from a great height. | 从伤势看 符合高处坠楼 |
[18:22] | Neck’s broken, but whether that was before or after he fell, | 脖子断了 但是不是坠落造成的 |
[18:26] | I’m afraid I can’t say just yet. | 现在还不能确定 |
[18:29] | What about the when of it? | 死亡时间呢 |
[18:31] | Five past twelve, according to his wristwatch. Face is smashed. | 看他的腕表是12点5分 表面砸碎了 |
[18:35] | Rigor would suggest six to nine hours or thereabouts. So… | 尸僵表明已死亡六到九个小时 所以… |
[18:39] | it’s about the right window, time-wise. | 时间上对得上 |
[18:42] | Cause? | 死因呢 |
[18:43] | Most probably the broken neck… | 八成是脖子折断 |
[18:48] | ..But just feeling his skull, | 但摸他的头骨 |
[18:49] | I’d say that’s very likely badly fractured. | 感觉碎裂严重 |
[18:52] | Doubtless, there’ll also be a panoply of internal injuries. | 而且肯定还有各种内伤 |
[18:56] | The nails of his left hand, they’re quite badly torn. | 他左手的指甲严重撕裂 |
[19:00] | So you think he clawed at whatever window he’s come through? | 你是觉得他狠狠地抓过他摔出来的那扇窗 |
[19:03] | Strewth! Pushed, then. | 天啊 那是被推下来的咯 |
[19:06] | Not a conclusion I’d leap to necessarily, Sergeant. | 我未必会下这样的结论 警长 |
[19:10] | Many set on self-slaughter change their mind at the last. | 很多自杀的人会在最后时刻改主意 |
[19:14] | Often, sadly, to no avail. | 很遗憾 往往已经没用了 |
[19:16] | I found a set of car keys in his pockets. | 我在他兜里发现了一串钥匙 |
[19:21] | No notebook or warrant card. | 没有笔记本或警察证 |
[19:25] | Face doesn’t ring a bell. | 这脸我没印象 |
[19:27] | If he’s out of Castle Gate, he’s well off his beat. | 如果他是城堡门的 可走太远了 |
[19:30] | CM824 CM-824? | |
[19:33] | That’s not a Thames Valley number, is it? | 那不是泰晤士河谷的警号吧 |
[19:38] | See if you can get a steer on that collar number. | 去查查他的警号 |
[19:41] | And a statement from whoever found him. | 去给发现他的人录口供 |
[19:45] | Have a look at that car, see who it belongs to. | 去看看那辆车 查查是谁的 |
[19:56] | He looks familiar. | 他有些眼熟 |
[20:00] | Sure I’ve seen him somewhere before. | 我肯定见过他 |
[20:04] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[20:05] | He’s come in here after some bugger up to no good, or what? | 他是跟着哪个鸡鸣狗盗之徒过来的吗 |
[20:10] | Five past midnight. | 午夜过五分啊 |
[20:12] | Could just as easily have been a midnight rendezvous. | 也可能是午夜约会 |
[20:16] | Someone he knew, then. | 那就是熟人了 |
[20:21] | You and Jim finish up here. | 你和吉姆在这里收尾 |
[20:22] | I’ll report to Mr Bright when he gets back from Division. | 等布莱特先生从警部回来 我就向他报告 |
[21:38] | – Anything? – Well, a couple of cigarette butts. | -有什么发现吗 -就是几根烟蒂 |
[21:40] | Empty packet of Old Soldiers, and the wrapper of a prophylactic. | 一包空的老士兵和避孕套包装袋 |
[21:44] | Midnight, the stars, and you, eh? | 午夜 星空 美女吗 |
[21:47] | It’s always been a popular spot for toms. | 很多男人都喜欢这地方 |
[21:53] | – What about this? – Dumped. | -这车呢 -抛在这里的 |
[21:55] | It’s the Lady Mayoress’s motor, | 是市长女士的车 |
[21:56] | nicked the night before last off the Broad. | 前天晚上在宽街上被盗 |
[22:00] | I was thinking, maybe he saw whoever dumped it, | 我在想 或许他撞见了丢车的人 |
[22:02] | – and chased ’em inside the factory. – Damage? | -于是追进了工厂里 -有损坏 |
[22:05] | Can’t imagine the thief’d | 那个偷车贼 |
[22:06] | want to be driving it around in that state. | 不会想开着这样的车到处跑吧 |
[22:08] | If it were me, I’d have dumped it the night it was stolen. | 如果是我 就会在被盗当晚丢弃 |
[22:11] | – Any keys? – Could be anywhere. | -发现钥匙了吗 -谁知道在哪 |
[22:14] | I’ve a unit coming out to pick it up, if you wanna wait. | 如果你愿意等 我会叫人来拖走 |
[22:17] | Said to the old man I’d see him back at the station. | 我跟老爷子约好回警局见了 |
[22:52] | Hello there. I’m Detective Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley, | 你好 我是泰晤士河谷警局的摩斯警长 |
[22:55] | Miss… Hatch. | 哈奇小姐 |
[22:56] | I wonder if you could tell me which lender last borrowed this? | 能不能告诉我最后借阅这本书的是谁 |
[23:00] | Just For Jolly. | 《寻欢作乐》 |
[23:01] | It should’ve been returned on the 1st of July. | 本该是7月1日归还的 |
[23:05] | Yes, of course. | 是啊 |
[23:08] | In fact, I remember him. | 我还记得这人呢 |
[23:10] | It was, er, late opening. | 当时挺晚了 |
[23:13] | He was the last one in here. Mister… | 他是最后走的 他是… |
[23:16] | Ah, yes, here we are. | 是 在这里呢 |
[23:18] | – Mr Astin. – Astin? | -阿斯丁先生 -阿斯丁 |
[23:21] | David Astin. Six Kent Finn novels. | 大卫·阿斯丁 六本肯特·芬恩的小说 |
[23:25] | I remember saying to him, “You must be a fan, then.” | 我记得我还跟他说 “你肯定是书迷吧” |
[23:29] | Would you have an address for him? | 你有他的地址吗 |
[23:41] | Bye now. I say, I say, I say. | 再见 哎呀呀 |
[23:43] | “What can I do for you, then, sir?” He asked him knowingly. | “您需要点什么 先生” 他明知故问道 |
[23:47] | I’m not… I’m not buying. | 我不是来买东西的 |
[23:49] | “You say that now, sir. But wait till you’ve sampled my wares,” | “你现在这么说 先生 但试试我的商品再说吧” |
[23:52] | said Simple Simon to the Pieman. | 简单西蒙对卖馅饼的人说 |
[23:54] | Laughter is the best medicine. | 欢笑才是最好的良药 |
[23:57] | Sorry, do you mind turning that off? I’m on police business. | 抱歉 你可以关掉吗 我是为警方事务而来 |
[24:01] | I’m Detective Sergeant Morse. Thames Valley. | 我是泰晤士河谷警局的摩斯警长 |
[24:03] | I was given this address for a David Astin. | 我得知一位大卫·阿斯丁的地址是这里 |
[24:05] | Does he live here? | 他住在这里吗 |
[24:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:09] | Well, then, I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news. | 那我可能有坏消息 |
[24:12] | His body was found earlier this morning, out by Cowley. | 他的尸体今早在考利被发现了 |
[24:18] | Oh, brilliant. Oh, well done! | 厉害 太漂亮了 |
[24:21] | You nearly had me there for a minute. | 你刚刚差点唬住我 |
[24:23] | I’m sorry, it’s not a laughing matter. | 抱歉 这不是玩笑 |
[24:24] | Who put you up to it? It’s Ray, isn’t it? | 是谁让你来的 雷吗 |
[24:27] | Ray? | 雷 |
[24:28] | My brother, in case he didn’t mention. | 我兄弟 他没说吗 |
[24:30] | No, honestly, I’m here about David Astin. | 不 我真是为大卫·阿斯丁而来 |
[24:33] | There’s only one problem with that, see. | 但有个问题 |
[24:36] | I’m David Astin. | 我就是大卫·阿斯丁 |
[25:02] | ..Going through it… | 正在查看 |
[25:04] | Still no word on his collar number. | 这个警号还是没消息 |
[25:05] | I put a call in to the Yard. | 我联系了伦敦警视厅 |
[25:07] | But they’re turning out from all over. | 但大家都来了 |
[25:09] | Some of them have cancelled leave. | 有些人取消了休假 |
[25:10] | Others have refused to go home. | 有些人不肯回家 |
[25:12] | No stone unturned, I suppose. Not for one of our own. | 不遗余力嘛 为了我们自己人 |
[25:17] | – An actor? – Yes, Sir. | -演员 -对 先生 |
[25:20] | He’s in this Jolly For Short programme on the television. | 他是电视剧《警司老朱》里的 |
[25:23] | He plays a young PC, Constable Banks. | 饰演一名年轻警员 班克斯警员 |
[25:27] | They do most of it at Associated Midland Studios. | 主要是在联合米德兰制片厂拍摄 |
[25:29] | Then, what’s he doing here? | 那他怎么会在这里 |
[25:31] | They film some of the outside bits in town | 部分外景他们就在这里拍摄 |
[25:33] | and then put them into the rest of it, so it’s all one thing. | 然后跟其他的剪辑到一起 浑然一体 |
[25:37] | I spoke to the people who make it. | 我联系了制片人员 |
[25:38] | They said he was “called” yesterday, whatever that means, | 他们说他昨天有”安排” 谁知道什么意思 |
[25:42] | but not used. They’re back here again today. | 但他没上场 他们今天还会再来 |
[25:45] | And this Constable Banks is… is part of it? | 这个班克斯警员也是参与人员吗 |
[25:50] | Banks is the part he’s playing, Sir. | 班克斯是他扮演的角色 长官 |
[25:52] | His real name is Raymond Swann. | 他真名叫雷蒙德·斯旺 |
[25:58] | He must’ve borrowed my library card. | 他肯定是借了我的借书卡 |
[26:02] | I probably haven’t used it since I was a kid. | 我大概长大后就没用过了 |
[26:06] | A fall, you say? | 坠楼吗 |
[26:08] | Then at least it would’ve been quick. | 那至少他很快就去了 |
[26:11] | But I don’t understand how… | 但我不懂 |
[26:13] | Some sort of accident? | 是事故吗 |
[26:15] | – Did he live here? – No. No, he’s got a place in Jericho. | -他住在这里吗 -不 他在杰里科有住处 |
[26:20] | You wouldn’t have a set of keys, would you? | 你有那里的钥匙吗 |
[26:22] | Yeah. He gave me a spare, in case of emergencies. | 有 他给了我备用的 以防万一 |
[26:27] | What car did he drive? | 他开什么车 |
[26:28] | Little Fiat. | 菲亚特的小车 |
[26:30] | He bought it with the first money he made off Jolly. | 他用拍《老朱》挣来的第一笔钱买的 |
[26:34] | “Repeats”, they call it? They pay you every time it’s on. | 是叫”重播费”吗 每次播放都有钱拿 |
[26:38] | Is it popular, this programme? | 这个剧很受欢迎吗 |
[26:41] | Oh, yeah. Must’ve been going… five years, now. | 是的 都拍了五年了好像 |
[26:45] | But I think, last time I saw him, | 但我最后见他时 |
[26:48] | he said they’re finishing it after this lot. | 他好像说 这季拍完后要取消了 |
[26:51] | That must’ve come as a blow. How did he take it? | 这肯定是个打击吧 他还接受得了吗 |
[26:55] | “An actor’s life,” He said. | “演员的命” 他说 |
[26:57] | And it was Raymond Swann, you said. Not Astin? | 你说他叫雷蒙德·斯旺 不是阿斯丁吗 |
[27:02] | It was his acting name. For the union. | 那是他的艺名 在工会登记的名字 |
[27:05] | There was already a Raymond Astin. It’s one of their rules. | 已经有个人叫雷蒙德·阿斯丁了 这是他们的规矩 |
[27:08] | You can’t have two actors with the same name. | 演员不能重名 |
[27:12] | I’d like to see him. | 我想见见他 |
[27:14] | – Say my goodbyes. – Yes. Course. | -跟他道别 -当然了 |
[27:17] | ‘Tell you the truth, Jolly,’ | 老实说 老朱 |
[27:19] | I don’t know how much change I’ve got left in me. | 我不知道我还能不能改变 |
[27:21] | I’m not so young as I was. | 我可不年轻了 |
[27:23] | Away with you. You’ll see me out. | 得了吧 我肯定比你早退休 |
[27:26] | I’ve been talking to Marge about packing it in. | 我常跟玛姬商量不干了 |
[27:28] | Maybe going down Minehead way. Open a guest house. | 或许去迈恩海德那边 开家客栈 |
[27:32] | Sunset over the bay… | 看看海湾的日落 |
[27:33] | Cut! Cut! Sorry, sorry! Plane! | 停 停 抱歉 飞机声 |
[27:37] | Are you going to be doing that pipe business over my line? Only… | 我念台词时你要磕烟斗吗 就是… |
[27:48] | Mike Gatwood, producer. | 迈克·加特伍德 制片人 |
[27:50] | Studio rang to say you were coming. | 制片厂打电话说你们会来 |
[27:52] | I haven’t divulged the news yet to the cast and crew, but, erm, | 我还没跟卡司和剧组透露这个消息 |
[27:56] | if there’s anything I can do. | 但如果我能帮上忙 尽管说 |
[27:58] | Mr Swann was “called” yesterday, I understand. | 据我所知 斯旺先生昨天有”安排” |
[28:02] | Yes, yes, he was. | 是的 没错 |
[28:03] | Er, he spent most of the day on the minibus, though. | 但他几乎一整天都在小巴里 |
[28:06] | – Why was that? – Well, it’s not unusual. | -为什么 -这也是常事 |
[28:08] | He only had two lines, they were in the last scene of the day. | 他只有两句台词 还是在当天最后一场戏里 |
[28:11] | So we cut one for time, | 有一句因为时间关系被坎了 |
[28:13] | and then Ted, er, Sergeant Wilkins, | 泰德 威尔金斯警长 |
[28:16] | he thought the other one was something | 他觉得另一句 |
[28:18] | his character was more likely to say, so… | 更适合由他的角色来说 |
[28:21] | – And the minibus went back where? – Went back to the studio. | -那小巴回到哪去了 -回制片厂了 |
[28:24] | And who’d have been on that with Mr Swann, the other actors? | 车上除了斯旺先生还有谁 其他演员吗 |
[28:27] | No, no, they have private cars. | 不 他们有自己的车 |
[28:29] | Take them back home, or to their digs. | 送他们回家 或去他们的住处 |
[28:31] | Kenny – Superintendent Jolliphant – | 肯尼 朱利芬特警司 |
[28:33] | he’s staying in town at the moment, | 他目前住在镇上 |
[28:34] | because he’s doing a thriller at the Oxford Empire. | 因为他要在牛津帝国剧院演一出惊悚剧 |
[28:38] | We’ll need to speak to those of the cast who were here yesterday | 我们需要跟昨天在这里的卡司谈谈 |
[28:41] | and anyone else who had anything to do with him. | 还有其他所有跟他有过接触的人 |
[28:44] | Oh, well, that’s… that’s difficult today. | 这…今天恐怕不行 |
[28:46] | Er, but we start rehearsals tomorrow for the next episode, | 但我们明天开始为下一集彩排 |
[28:49] | if you want to come by then. We’re in Pool Moor Hall. | 你们到时来吧 我们会在塘沼大厅 |
[28:52] | It’s a little church hall that we use in Summertown. | 是一个教堂大厅 我们在萨默敦租用的 |
[28:56] | Mike! Mike, please! | 迈克 迈克 快来 |
[28:58] | That is me being summoned. So, erm, see you on the green! | 他们叫我了 我们回头见 |
[29:04] | It’s a rum caper. | 这叫什么 |
[29:07] | Sit in a bus all day and not get used. | 在小巴里坐一天 也没上场 |
[29:09] | Wanted to do that, he could’ve joined the real police. | 他想干这个 不如去做真警察 |
[29:12] | I’ve got the keys to his flat and car if you want to take a look. | 我拿到了他公寓和车的钥匙 你要看看吗 |
[29:15] | No, you’re all right. Win’s doing something. | 不 你去吧 温要做饭 |
[29:18] | Jim’s family’s coming over. | 吉姆一家要过来 |
[29:20] | Well, just his gran. That’s all he’s got. | 其实就他奶奶 他就这个亲人了 |
[29:23] | She had the raising of him, apparently. | 据说是她养大了他 |
[29:25] | You work with someone seven years. | 跟一个人共事七年了 |
[29:27] | Things you don’t know about people. | 居然什么都不知道 |
[29:29] | Let me know if you find anything. | 有发现告诉我 |
[30:08] | “Play Dead.” | 《装死》 |
[30:48] | Lovely carrots, eh, Gran? | 胡萝卜真好吃 是吧 奶奶 |
[30:51] | Lovely carrots, Mrs Thursday. | 胡萝卜很好吃 瑟斯戴太太 |
[30:53] | Best call me Win, Jim, seeing as we’re going to be family. | 叫我温吧 吉姆 我们都要成一家人了 |
[31:05] | No Sam tonight, then? | 萨姆今晚不在吗 |
[31:06] | – No, he had to go out. – Oh, did he? | -不在 他有事出去了 -是吗 |
[31:15] | Oh, we, uh, found that nicked car belonging to the Lady Mayoress. | 我们找到了市长女士被偷的车 |
[31:19] | Morse said. | 摩斯说了 |
[31:20] | He found this Kent Finn book underneath it, apparently. | 他说在车底下发现了一本肯特·芬恩的书 |
[31:23] | So it must’ve been dumped after Swann hit the deck. | 那车肯定是斯旺落地后被弃的 |
[31:26] | I’ve put the smokes and the fag packet | 我把他在工厂捡到的 |
[31:28] | he picked up in the factory into Forensics. | 烟和包装盒送去鉴定了 |
[31:30] | And the wrapper for the, um… | 还有包装袋… |
[31:35] | Wossname. | 那个啥的 |
[31:36] | They were hopeful they might be able to get some dabs off that. | 他们觉得应该能发现指纹 |
[31:39] | Well, then. | 好啊 |
[31:56] | I’ve got it. | 我去 |
[32:05] | All right, come on. Come here, that’s it. | 好了 来吧 来 |
[32:08] | – Here we go. – Oh, do you want me to, er… | -来 -要不要我… |
[32:11] | Er, no. No, you’re, you’re all right, Jim. I’ve got him. | 不用 不用了 吉姆 我扶他 |
[32:14] | You go on and… have your tea. | 你去…吃饭吧 |
[32:16] | Come on, up you get. | 来吧 起来吧 |
[32:17] | That’s it. That’s it. | 好了 好了 |
[32:20] | I’m all right. I tripped. | 我没事 我绊倒了 |
[32:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:25] | It’s easily done. Up the stairs. Come on. | 是容易绊倒 上楼吧 走 |
[32:28] | You go and sleep it off. | 你去睡一觉就好 |
[32:33] | – Morse! – Mrs Thursday. | -摩斯 -瑟斯戴太太 |
[32:35] | Come in, he won’t be a minute. | 进来吧 他就来 |
[32:43] | You wanna end up like that? | 你想落得那个下场吗 |
[32:45] | That’s the way you’re going, | 你这么下去 |
[32:46] | you carry on the way you are. Then what? | 就是在往那个方向发展 然后呢 |
[32:53] | Ah, Morse. Uh, I… | 摩斯 我… |
[32:58] | ‘And what put you onto it, Sir?’ | 你是怎么发现的 长官 |
[32:59] | As a matter of fact, it was something Sergeant Wilkins said. | 事实上 是因为威尔金斯警长的一句话 |
[33:03] | We were talking about the tearaways | 我们之前聊起骚扰 |
[33:04] | who’ve been troubling Ma Peggoty recently and you said… | 玛·佩格蒂的那些小流氓时 你说… |
[33:08] | “The devil makes work for idle hands.” | “闲人找麻烦” |
[33:10] | And it was “hands” that got me thinking… | 这话让我联想到 |
[33:14] | of the Ormolu clock found at the scene of Eduardo Sanchez’s murder, | 在爱德华多·桑切斯凶杀现场发现的镀金钟 |
[33:18] | the hands forever stilled at ten twenty eight. | 指针定格在了10:28 |
[33:22] | Only trouble is, the postmortem… | 问题是 尸检显示 |
[33:32] | Obviously, given what’s happened, | 不用说 鉴于发生的事 |
[33:33] | we’re keen to understand Mr Swann’s recent mental state, | 我们很想了解斯旺先生最近的精神状态 |
[33:37] | particularly in the days leading up to his decease. | 尤其是他死前几天的状态 |
[33:40] | Is there anyone on the programme he was particularly friends with? | 制作组有哪个人跟他关系特别好吗 |
[33:42] | Someone in the cast or crew, perhaps? | 卡司或剧组的某个人 |
[33:45] | Well, I really didn’t know him well enough to say. | 我对他并没那么了解 说不好 |
[33:48] | So, you weren’t on set the last time he was there? | 他最后来片场时 你没在吗 |
[33:51] | No, no, no, no, ‘fraid not. | 没在 |
[33:53] | I… I popped by the day before, just to… just to look in. | 我前一天来过 就来看看 |
[33:56] | Do you remember seeing him then? | 你当时见过他吗 |
[34:00] | Well, I mean, there were a number of uniformed extras at lunch. | 午餐时有不少没穿制服的群演 |
[34:02] | He might’ve been one of them. | 他可能也在其中 |
[34:05] | Oh, no, as a matter of fact, | 不 对了 |
[34:07] | there was a bit of a contretemps around the catering truck. | 当时在餐车周围发生了点事故 |
[34:10] | What was that? | 什么事 |
[34:11] | Well, a couple of passing derelicts were helping themselves, | 有几个路过的流浪汉自己去拿东西吃了 |
[34:14] | you know, stuffing their pockets with rolls, biscuits, all sorts. | 往兜里揣肉卷 饼干什么的 |
[34:18] | Mike knows. Mike! | 迈克知道 迈克 |
[34:20] | I was just telling the police about the beggars, | 我正跟警察说乞丐的事呢 |
[34:21] | coming along and helping themselves to grub. | 就是自己跑来拿吃的那些 |
[34:23] | Oh, God! I mean, they’re like wasps at a picnic. | 天啊 他们简直像野餐时的黄蜂 |
[34:25] | No-one begrudges anyone a bit of food, | 拿点吃的其实没什么 |
[34:27] | but you’ve gotta watch ’em, | 但得盯住他们 |
[34:29] | otherwise they’re in and out of production | 不然他们在场地里乱跑 |
[34:30] | and in artistes’ caravans | 进入演员的拖车 |
[34:31] | quicker than you can say knife. | 你都来不及喊”有刀” |
[34:37] | I can’t say that I knew him terribly well. | 我不怎么了解他 |
[34:39] | I don’t think we had many scenes together. | 我们好像没多少对手戏 |
[34:41] | Teddy had more to do with him. | 泰德跟他合作更多 |
[34:43] | And what about the day before last? | 前天呢 |
[34:45] | He was “called”, but not used. | 他有”安排” 却没上场 |
[34:46] | Did you see him or speak to him? | 你见过他 跟他说过话吗 |
[34:49] | I may have over lunch next to the chuck wagon, | 午餐时我可能在流动餐车旁跟他说过话 |
[34:52] | but I don’t know whether anyone’s mentioned, | 但不知道有没有人说过这件事 |
[34:54] | I’m rehearsing a play for the Oxford Empire at the moment. | 我目前在牛津帝国剧院为一部剧彩排 |
[34:57] | Play Dead, would that be? | 《装死》 是吗 |
[34:59] | That’s the one! It’s rather a neat little thriller, actually. | 就是这部 挺不错的一部惊悚剧 |
[35:02] | I play this writer whose young, beautiful wife gets bumped off. | 我饰演一位作家 他年轻美丽的妻子遭人杀害 |
[35:06] | And all the way through, you don’t know whether it’s me or not. | 整场戏中 你一直在猜测是不是我干的 |
[35:10] | And is it you? | 是你吗 |
[35:11] | Ah, you’ll have to come and see to find out, won’t you. | 你得来看才能知道了 是吧 |
[35:14] | No, seriously, do let me know if you want some tickets for yourselves | 不 说真的 如果你们想要票 一定跟我说 |
[35:19] | or maybe just to raffle off for charity. Or both! | 送人也行 或者都需要也行 |
[35:22] | We like to do our bit for the police, | 我们乐意为警察做点什么 |
[35:23] | because they’re always so good for us… | 因为他们一向帮我们… |
[35:25] | You were saying… about Raymond Swann. | 你刚刚说到 雷蒙德·斯旺 |
[35:28] | Yes, well, erm, when I’m not being used, | 对了 我不上场时 |
[35:31] | I’m in my caravan, learning my lines, | 我就会在拖车里背台词 |
[35:33] | because we go up next week and I’m… I’m still on the book. | 因为我们下周就演了 我还没脱稿 |
[35:35] | Small wonder, really, | 这也难怪 |
[35:37] | the way they chop and change the lines on this. | 他们一直把台词改来改去 |
[35:40] | It’s a miracle I can keep anything in my head at all. | 我能记住任何台词都是奇迹了 |
[35:46] | I was telling Raymond only the other day, | 我前两天还跟雷蒙德说 |
[35:49] | your public are everything. | 观众是你的一切 |
[35:52] | He’d been recognised, you see. First time for all of us. | 他被人认出来了 我们都有第一次 |
[35:55] | It could happen anywhere, in the butcher’s or the baker’s, | 可能发生在任何地方 肉店 面包店 |
[35:58] | just be queueing up, like an ordinary person, | 或者是像普通人那样排队的时候 |
[36:02] | and then you hear the whispers from members of the public | 然后你听到旁边的路人喃喃低语 |
[36:04] | from the back of the queue… | 从队伍后面传来 |
[36:06] | “Is it him?” You know. | “是他吗” |
[36:07] | And it’ll rattle down the line like a cane fire. | 接着就像甘蔗着火一样一路传开 |
[36:10] | – Is that right? – Ciggie? | -是吗 -抽烟吗 |
[36:12] | Er, I won’t, thank you, sir, and nor will he. | 不了 谢谢 先生 他也不抽 |
[36:16] | Then one of them will pluck up the courage to ask, “Is it you?” | 然后其中一个人鼓起勇气问 “是你吗” |
[36:20] | And I’ll say, “Who?” | 我就说”谁” |
[36:22] | And they’ll say, “Him. Off the telly.” | 他们就说”他 电视上那个” |
[36:25] | I’ve told my wife to put that on my gravestone: | 我叫我妻子在我墓碑上写 |
[36:27] | Ted Pickersgill – “Him off the telly.” | 泰德·皮克斯基 “他 电视上那个” |
[36:32] | Of course… | 当然 |
[36:34] | none of us are in the same league as Kenny in that regard. | 在这方面 我们都不能跟肯尼比 |
[36:38] | And about Raymond Swann? | 雷蒙德·斯旺呢 |
[36:41] | Nice enough lad. | 好小伙儿 |
[36:42] | Very much wanted to get ahead. | 很想出人头地 |
[36:45] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[36:46] | A word in the right ear to the right person… | 如果有人向哪个大人物说了句好话 |
[36:50] | In this game, it’s never what you know. | 干这行 重要的不是本事 |
[36:52] | I suppose… | 我想… |
[36:55] | some are born to starring roles | 有些人天生就是可以 |
[36:56] | in new plays at the Oxford Empire, | 做牛津帝国剧院新剧的主演 |
[37:00] | and some are born for a kick in the teeth. | 而有些人只能遭受重创 |
[37:05] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[37:09] | I’m surprised nobody’s told you. | 居然没人告诉你们吗 |
[37:12] | I’ve been written out of this little extravaganza. | 我的角色被砍了 |
[37:16] | We understood the programme was coming to an end? | 据我们所知 节目要取消了 |
[37:19] | I’m coming to an end… | 是我要被砍了 |
[37:21] | ..Halfway through the run. | 剧才到一半 |
[37:23] | And it’s not just my post-bag. | 我不仅仅可惜粉丝来信 |
[37:26] | I get more fan mail than anyone else round here. | 我收到的粉丝来信是这里最多的 |
[37:28] | – Except Kenny, of course. – Is that right? | -当然 要次于肯尼 -是吗 |
[37:31] | People like old Sergeant Wilkins. | 大家喜欢老威尔金斯警长 |
[37:34] | He reminds them of the way things used to be… | 他让大家回忆起以前的日子 |
[37:37] | before the war. | 战前的 |
[37:39] | Then it all went to pot. | 然后一切都衰落了 |
[37:42] | Quite literally, in some cases. | 有些人是真衰落[大麻] |
[37:50] | None of them seem to know Swann well. | 他们似乎都不怎么了解斯旺 |
[37:52] | Or will admit to it, at least. | 至少是不肯承认 |
[37:53] | You think he was trying to mark our card | 你觉得他提到大麻时 |
[37:55] | with that look he gave to DI Chance when he mentioned the pot? | 瞅了一眼钱斯督察是想引起我们的注意吗 |
[37:57] | I noticed he was smoking Old Soldiers himself. | 我发现他抽的就是老士兵 |
[38:00] | Just like the butts you found at Cresswell’s old biscuit factory. | 你在废弃科莱斯维饼干厂发现的烟蒂就是那个牌子 |
[38:02] | I’m sure he’s not the only man in Oxford smokes them. | 他肯定不是牛津唯一抽这个牌子的人 |
[38:05] | Maybe not. But he’s the only one we’ve met so far | 或许吧 但他是我们目前唯一知道 |
[38:07] | who knew Raymond Swann. | 认识雷蒙德·斯旺的人 |
[38:33] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[38:35] | Nothing on him to say who he was, before you ask. | 不用问了 他身上没有任何身份证明 |
[38:38] | His name is Paul Baynard. He’s an artist. | 他是保罗·贝纳德 艺术家 |
[38:41] | Does the covers of those Jolliphant books. | 给朱利芬特小说画封面 |
[38:43] | He went missing three days ago. | 他三天前失踪的 |
[38:45] | That would certainly agree with my initial findings. | 那倒是符合我的初步发现 |
[38:48] | Body’s been immersed about that long. | 尸体已经泡了差不多这么久了 |
[38:53] | Not a bad spot to fetch up, is it? | 死在这里也不坏嘛 |
[38:56] | Laid out by Capability Brown. | 能人布朗设计的景观 |
[38:59] | That’s some kind of faith, don’t you think? | 真的很有信念 是吧 |
[39:02] | All that work in anticipation of… | 努力工作 期待一个 |
[39:04] | something you’ll never live to see in all its glory. | 你生前来不及看到的美景 |
[39:09] | Any idea yet as to cause of death? | 知道死因了吗 |
[39:12] | Won’t be able to give you a definitive answer until after the PM. But… | 尸检之前是无法下任何确凿结论的 但是… |
[39:16] | there’s a number of obvious injuries. | 有一些很明显的伤势 |
[39:18] | Lacerations and contusions in the main, | 主要是撕裂伤和挫伤 |
[39:21] | though, we’ve one broken arm and a sizeable head wound. | 但还有一支手臂骨折 头上也有个大伤口 |
[39:25] | – None of which immediately suggests drowning. – Right. | -都不会让人立刻联想到溺亡 -嗯 |
[39:29] | So injuries consistent with a road traffic collision, then? | 伤势符合撞车吗 |
[39:32] | If he was riding a motorcycle, say? | 如果他当时正骑着摩托的话 |
[39:35] | – Was he riding a motorcycle? – Last time he was seen living. | -他骑摩托了吗 -生前最后被见到时骑了 |
[39:41] | Right, we’ll get a team out, get the lake dragged. | 好 我们派人来 捞下湖 |
[39:44] | Tomorrow do you? For the postmortem. | 明天来吧 听尸检结果 |
[39:47] | Yeah, of course. Whatever you think best. | 当然 听你的 |
[40:28] | Afternoon, it’s Detective Chief Inspector Thursday, Thames Valley. | 下午好 我是泰晤士河谷警局的高级督察瑟斯戴 |
[40:32] | I believe someone from the Regimental Association office | 我的警长之前跟军团协会办公室的什么人 |
[40:35] | spoke to my sergeant earlier. | 联系过了 |
[40:37] | It’s in connection with identifying a body. | 是为了确认一具尸体的身份 |
[40:42] | Someone who may possibly have served with the regiment. | 此人可能曾在军团服役 |
[40:49] | Thank you for the tea. | 谢谢你的茶 |
[40:51] | I’m very sorry to have to ask, | 很抱歉提出 |
[40:52] | but we will need somebody to identify the body. | 但我们需要有人去认尸 |
[40:54] | Yes, of course. I’ll do it. | 当然 我去 |
[40:57] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[40:58] | Look, this isn’t the first parent I’ve lost. I know the ropes. | 我不是第一次失去父母了 我知道规矩 |
[41:02] | The police. The postmortem. The registrar. The undertaker. | 警察 尸检 死亡登记 殡葬承办人 |
[41:06] | The endless bloody forms. | 没完没了的表格 |
[41:10] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[41:12] | She killed herself. | 她自杀了 |
[41:14] | HE was in no state to do anything. | 他当时根本什么都做不了 |
[41:18] | I’m sorry. That shouldn’t have fallen on you. | 我很遗憾 那不该由你来承担 |
[41:24] | Was there anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[41:28] | Actually… yes. | 其实…有 |
[41:32] | Do you know much about his paintings? | 你对他的画很了解吗 |
[41:34] | Some. Like what? | 了解一点吧 比如什么 |
[41:37] | Like what was his inspiration for the images? | 比如 他的画的灵感何来 |
[41:41] | He liked to draw on life wherever possible. | 如果可以的话 他更喜欢临摹 |
[41:44] | Hence all the props. | 所以这么多道具 |
[41:47] | And what about the places that feature in the background | 部分封面画背景里出现的 |
[41:49] | of some of the covers? | 地点呢 |
[41:52] | If a real place was featured in the story, | 如果故事里提到了某个真实地点 |
[41:54] | Dad liked to include it. | 爸爸就会画进去 |
[41:56] | I think St Pancras Hotel got mentioned in one. | 好像有一本里提到了圣潘克雷斯酒店 |
[41:59] | And if the location was fictitious? | 如果地点是虚构的呢 |
[42:01] | He’d base it on somewhere he knew or had been. | 他会以他知道或去过的地方为基础创作 |
[42:09] | What about this one, for example? | 比如这个呢 |
[42:13] | “Jolly Bad Business.” | 《一桩坏事》 |
[42:15] | What’s that building based on? | 那栋建筑的灵感来自哪 |
[42:17] | Well, it always seemed to me a bit creepy. | 我一直觉得它很瘆人 |
[42:20] | I did ask him about it a few times, | 我还问过他几次 |
[42:22] | but it’s one of the many things I could never get out of him. | 但这是我问不出结果的事之一 |
[42:27] | And the model? Who’s she? | 模特呢 她是谁 |
[42:29] | I don’t know. They came and went. But that one…? | 我不知道 他们来来去去 但是她… |
[42:34] | Like I say, I couldn’t get him to talk about it, | 我说了 他怎么都不肯说 |
[42:36] | and I didn’t want to push… | 我也不想逼他 |
[42:38] | – He could be tricky. – Could he? How so? | -他有时挺麻烦 -是吗 怎么说 |
[42:42] | He had an extreme personality. | 他的个性很极端 |
[42:45] | He was either madly up | 他要么兴奋的发狂 |
[42:47] | or so gripped by despair, he could barely get out of bed. | 要么就特别绝望 都起不来床 |
[42:51] | Was he always like that? | 他一直是这样吗 |
[42:53] | He was all right when I was a girl, at least not so bad. | 我小时候他还好 至少没那么严重 |
[42:58] | I suppose he took a turn for the worst about ten years ago. | 他大概是十年前变得严重了 |
[43:01] | He was drinking a lot. | 他大量酗酒 |
[43:02] | Some private members’ place in town. | 常去镇上的会员酒吧 |
[43:06] | Don’t suppose you know where? | 你知道是哪吗 |
[43:07] | Not sure. The Downspout, I think. | 不确定 好像是落水管酒吧 |
[43:11] | He’d finish work, get on his bike, | 他画完画 就骑上车 |
[43:13] | and then I might not see him for a day or two. | 然后我就一两天见不到他 |
[43:14] | He’d be off on a bender. | 他会去喝个烂醉 |
[43:16] | But then something changed. | 但后来发生了变化 |
[43:18] | Something took hold of him. | 有什么占据了他 |
[43:20] | Some sort of scare or fright. | 似乎是某种恐惧 |
[43:23] | And he was never quite the same after that. | 后来他就变了个人 |
[43:26] | In what way? | 怎么说 |
[43:30] | He started hating the phone ringing out of hours. | 他开始讨厌非工作时间响起的电话 |
[43:33] | Even in hours, he was none so keen. | 即便是工作时间他也不太高兴 |
[43:35] | He didn’t like to hear footsteps on the gravel after dark. | 天黑后 他讨厌听到石子路上的脚步声 |
[43:38] | It was like something or someone was after him. | 就好像有什么东西或人在追着他 |
[43:43] | What someone? Did he say? | 什么人 他说过吗 |
[43:44] | I don’t know. He wouldn’t talk about it. | 我不知道 他不肯说 |
[43:48] | I don’t know if he had any real cause to be scared, | 我不知道他是不是真有理由害怕 |
[43:50] | or if it was all in his imagination, but… | 还是说都只是他的想象 但是… |
[43:52] | real or imagined, the past ten years, he’s been… | 不管是真的还是假的 这十年来他… |
[43:57] | ..I suppose haunted is the word. | 可以说是心神不宁 |
[45:08] | You don’t think about something for long enough… | 有些事你很久不去想 |
[45:12] | ..You think you’ve forgotten. | 你会以为你已经忘了 |
[45:31] | What’s all this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[45:34] | The Superintendent Jolliphant books. | 朱利芬特警司探案集 |
[45:37] | I think the artist who illustrated the covers, Paul Baynard, | 给封面作画的艺术家 保罗·贝纳德 |
[45:40] | was trying to say something. | 好像是想表达什么 |
[45:41] | Baynard? That’s your body out the lake, innit? | 贝纳德 湖里捞出的尸体吧 |
[45:43] | Yeah. It was his habit to draw from life | 对 他习惯把书中 |
[45:45] | anywhere that was mentioned in the books, but, erm, | 提到的地方临摹下来 但是 |
[45:48] | but if a place was made-up, | 但如果是虚构的地方 |
[45:50] | he would base it on somewhere he knew. | 他就会以他知道的地方为蓝本 |
[45:51] | Where does that look like to you? | 你觉得那像什么地方 |
[45:54] | Now, I’ve read this book. | 我读了这本书 |
[45:56] | Nowhere described in it bears any resemblance to Blenheim Vale. | 里面没有任何像布伦纳姆谷的地方 |
[45:59] | So why’d he use it? | 那他为什么用它 |
[46:01] | Well, I think he knew something about Blenheim Vale. | 我觉得他是布伦纳姆谷的知情人 |
[46:03] | About the disappearance of Brenda Lewis, | 也知道布伦达·刘易斯失踪的内情 |
[46:05] | maybe even about Peter Williams. | 或许还知道彼得·威廉姆斯 |
[46:07] | Williams? | 威廉姆斯 |
[46:08] | I think we need to get a dog team out there. Diggers, even. | 我觉得我们该派警犬队去 甚至是挖地 |
[46:12] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[46:18] | Sir? | 长官 |
[46:26] | You think I’m going to get the say-so from upstairs | 你觉得上面会同意 |
[46:28] | for something like that | 这种事 |
[46:29] | off the back of a bunch of paintings used on paperback novels? | 就因为几张简装小说的封面画吗 |
[46:32] | – There’s more than that. – Look… | -不止如此 -听着 |
[46:35] | ..If Paul Baynard thought he had a line on a missing person, | 如果保罗·贝纳德觉得自己知道失踪人口的线索 |
[46:38] | why go to all the trouble of putting clues in paintings? | 何必这么大费周章把线索画到画里 |
[46:40] | Why not just come forward to the police? | 为何不直接向警察报告 |
[46:42] | Because he was afraid. | 因为他害怕 |
[46:44] | Look, in 1963, he was a member of The Downspout Club. | 1963年 他是落水管俱乐部的会员 |
[46:46] | – Had been for years. – So? | -还是老会员 -怎么了 |
[46:48] | So was everyone else involved with Blenheim Vale. | 其他跟布伦纳姆谷相关的人也都是 |
[46:50] | Joe Landesman. Assistant Chief Constable Clive Deare. | 乔·兰德斯曼 助理警察局长克莱夫·迪尔 |
[46:53] | If he was drinking with… | 如果他跟他们一起喝酒… |
[46:54] | I don’t care how pissed a man gets, he’s not gonna confess | 不管一个人醉到什么程度 他绝不会招认 |
[46:57] | to doing away with someone and burying a body in Blenheim Vale. | 自己杀了个人还埋在了布伦纳姆谷 |
[47:00] | Well, at the same time, Baynard got a new model. | 就在那时 贝纳德换了个模特 |
[47:03] | She’s on the cover of Just For Jolly and Jolly Bad Business, | 《寻欢作乐》和《一桩坏事》上都有她 |
[47:06] | published in ’64. | 是64年出版的 |
[47:07] | Take a look at the initials. | 看看首字母缩写 |
[47:14] | BL Bl. | |
[47:17] | So you think Baynard’s model is Brenda. | 你觉得贝纳德的模特是布伦达 |
[47:20] | Andrew Lewis’s mother? | 安德鲁·刘易斯的母亲 |
[47:22] | Well, look, there is a similarity, look! | 看 还有几分相似 看 |
[47:25] | Brenda Lewis was working direct for Joe Landesman | 布伦达·刘易斯直接在乔·兰德斯曼手下 |
[47:27] | as his personal secretary. | 做私人秘书 |
[47:29] | Let’s say she finds out something she shouldn’t have. | 假如她发现了不该发现的事 |
[47:31] | She lets slip her suspicions to Paul Baynard. | 她向保罗·贝纳德透露了自己的怀疑 |
[47:34] | And then, unwittingly, or in his cups, | 然后 他不经意间 或是因为喝多了 |
[47:37] | he mentions it at The Downspout Club. | 在落水管俱乐部里提起了这事 |
[47:39] | Maybe even to Clive Deare? He’s a high-ranking police officer. | 甚至是告诉了克莱夫·迪尔 他当时是警察高官 |
[47:41] | Exit Brenda Lewis. | 布伦达·刘易斯死了 |
[47:43] | And Baynard gets leant on to keep his mouth shut. | 贝纳德被施压要把嘴闭紧 |
[47:45] | But instead, he starts alluding to what he knows | 但他选择把自己知道的事 |
[47:48] | in the paintings that he makes for these Jolliphant books. | 暗藏在这些为朱利芬特系列画的画里 |
[47:52] | It’s JUST about possible, I suppose. | 勉强是有这个可能吧 |
[47:58] | But do you really wanna go over all that again? | 你真想重提这件事吗 |
[48:01] | Blenheim Vale nearly did for the pair of us last time. | 我们俩上次差点死在布伦纳姆谷 |
[48:04] | – We solved it. – Not all of it. | -我们结案了 -没完全结案 |
[48:07] | We didn’t get Joe Landesman. | 我们没抓到乔·兰德斯曼 |
[48:09] | Landesman is long gone. | 兰德斯曼早死了 |
[48:11] | And even if he wasn’t, it’s history. | 即便他没死 也是过去了 |
[48:13] | Somebody gave Andrew Lewis a hot shot | 有人给安德鲁·刘易斯注射了毒品 |
[48:15] | and then dumped his body at Beaumont College. | 然后把他的尸体丢到了博蒙特学院 |
[48:18] | Now, that’s not history. That’s last month. | 那可不是过去 是上个月 |
[48:19] | – And it’s on our ground. – It’s not mine. | -还是我们的地盘 -不是我的 |
[48:24] | Not any more. | 以后不是了 |
[48:29] | I’ve applied for a transfer. | 我已经申请调离了 |
[48:32] | Carshall. It’s a superintendency. | 卡歇尔 警司职位 |
[48:36] | I can’t take you with me. I’d like to, but I can’t. | 我不能带你一起走 我想 但不行 |
[48:41] | So, there it is. | 就是这样 |
[48:46] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[48:49] | Look, it’s… it’s not how I wanted to tell you. | 听着 我并不想这样告诉你 |
[48:53] | I’ve gotta think of Win, Joanie, getting Sam back up on his feet. | 我得为温 琼考虑 我得帮萨姆重新振作 |
[48:57] | No, of course. Of course. I understand. | 不 当然了 我理解 |
[49:01] | Two years, three at most. I’m done. Out. | 至多两三年 我就退休了 |
[49:05] | I can’t be doing with all this Blenheim Vale all over again. | 我不能再把布伦纳姆谷的事又提起来 |
[49:10] | Not now. | 现在不行 |
[49:12] | And nor should you. You’ve gotta let it go. | 你也不该掺和 你得放手了 |
[49:16] | – I can’t. – Why not? | -我做不到 -为什么 |
[49:18] | We did our bit. And then some. | 我们尽职了 说得上鞠躬尽瘁了 |
[49:20] | Why should you risk your neck? | 为什么你要去冒险 |
[49:22] | Cos somebody has to. | 因为总得有人去 |
[49:28] | Well, let it be some other bugger. | 那就让其他人去吧 |
[49:30] | Just not us. Not this time. | 不是我们 这次不了 |
[49:50] | – What ho! – What ho! | -好啊 -好啊 |
[49:53] | Why the long face, Archie, old bean? | 干吗拉个脸 阿奇老弟 |
[49:55] | You’ll put me off my stroke. | 你要害我打偏了 |
[49:57] | The car’s been found. | 车被发现了 |
[49:58] | We know. It was in the p-p-p-papers. | 我们知道 报上写了 |
[50:02] | Perhaps you should have p-parked it more c-c-c-carefully. | 或许你停的时候该更小心点 |
[50:05] | And a-a-a body. | 还有一具尸体 |
[50:07] | That was also in the p-p-p-papers. | 这个报上也写了 |
[50:09] | No. A-A-A different one. | 不 是另一具 |
[50:14] | Well, that’s unfortunate. | 那真是不幸 |
[50:16] | But nothing to do with us, officer. | 但跟我们无关 警官 |
[50:18] | Right? We all know the tune. | 是吧 我们都知道怎么说 |
[50:21] | Nothing to do with us, officer. | 但跟我们无关 警官 |
[50:26] | Buck up, you corks! | 振作起来 一群怂包 |
[50:29] | I feel an evening’s entertainment coming on. | 我觉得该去进行晚间娱乐了 |
[50:38] | So, what happened to you the other night? | 你那天晚上是怎么回事 |
[50:42] | Don’t you start. I’ve already copped an earful off the old man. | 你就别说了 老爷子已经训过我了 |
[50:45] | Well, you can’t blame him. | 这也难怪嘛 |
[50:48] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么 |
[50:50] | Oh, it’s just some old tat I found in my room. | 就是我在我房间里发现的一堆旧物 |
[50:53] | Gonna see if there’s anything worth keeping | 我丢之前想看看 |
[50:54] | before chucking it in the bin. | 有没有什么值钱玩意 |
[50:55] | – Is there? – Not so far. | -有吗 -目前没有 |
[51:03] | Feels small. | 好小啊 |
[51:05] | – Don’t you think? – What does? | -不是吗 -什么 |
[51:08] | This house. | 这栋房子 |
[51:10] | When we were kids, it felt… | 我们小时候 |
[51:13] | ..Different, somehow. | 它似乎不一样 |
[51:15] | – WE were different. – Yeah. | -是我们变了 -是啊 |
[51:19] | I really thought that this was all there was. | 我当时真以为这就是一切 |
[51:22] | All there was in the world. | 这世上的一切 |
[51:26] | Then you realise it’s all just lies. | 然后你发现一切都是谎言 |
[51:30] | What is? | 什么 |
[51:32] | Everything. School. Papers. | 一切 学校 报纸 |
[51:36] | The telly. | 电视 |
[51:37] | Sunday Night At The London Palladium. | 伦敦帕拉丁剧院的周日晚间表演 |
[51:40] | Thank Your Lucky Stars. | 《多么万幸》 |
[51:43] | “Join the Army. See the world.” | “加入军队 看看世界” |
[51:51] | And then you realise it’s all just about killing. | 然后你发现就只有杀戮 |
[51:53] | That’s just the hangover talking. | 你只是宿醉了 |
[51:56] | Right. | 好吗 |
[51:58] | Put your boots on. | 穿上鞋 |
[52:00] | Get yourself some fresh air. Come on, it’ll make you feel better. | 去喘喘气 走吧 你会好受些的 |
[52:05] | There’s a 99 in it. | 请你吃东西 |
[52:15] | Go better with a pint, wouldn’t it? | 就着酒下肚更好吧 |
[52:21] | Used to come here when we first left London. | 我们刚离开伦敦时 我常过来 |
[52:25] | Sunday after tea. Ice cream, and a feed of the ducks. | 周日晚饭过后 冰淇淋 喂喂鸭子 |
[52:33] | Don’t suppose there’ll be much of this at Carshall. | 在卡歇尔不会有这种日子了 |
[52:38] | New town? | 新镇 |
[52:41] | Who am I kidding? I’m too old for a new town. | 我骗谁呢 我太老了 去什么新镇 |
[52:44] | They’ll be lucky to have you. | 有你是他们的幸运 |
[52:47] | Starting over at my time of life? Must want my brains testing. | 我这个年纪重新开始 我肯定是疯了 |
[52:54] | – When’re you off? – After Joan’s wedding. | -什么时候走 -琼的婚礼后 |
[53:00] | Well, it’s the right thing. | 这是正确的选择 |
[53:02] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[53:06] | I’ve never run away from a fight yet. | 我从未逃离过战斗 |
[53:08] | What do you mean? You’re not running away from one now. | 你说什么呢 你现在也没有啊 |
[53:11] | It’s like you said, you’ve done your time. | 就像你说的 你都尽过职了 |
[53:13] | You’ve the family to think of. | 你还得考虑家人 |
[53:16] | It’s like the war at the end. | 这就像战争的最后 |
[53:19] | When we knew we’d got ’em licked, and they knew it, too. | 我们知道他们输定了 他们也知道 |
[53:23] | I lost three of my lads those last few days. | 我有三个战友就是死在最后三天 |
[53:25] | Fellas I’d been with from the off. | 都是跟我一起从军的 |
[53:27] | Can still see ’em… young, still. | 现在还记得他们 年轻的样子 |
[53:30] | Younger than you, younger than Sam, even. | 比你都年轻 比萨姆还年轻 |
[53:34] | Get through all that… | 撑过了那么多 |
[53:37] | ..Only to catch a packet at the finish. | 却在终点线前倒下 |
[53:41] | Doesn’t seem right, somehow. | 就是让人觉得不对 |
[53:44] | Insult to injury. | 雪上加霜 |
[53:52] | Was there anything from your old regiment on our vagrant soldier? | 你的旧部那边有那个流浪汉士兵的消息吗 |
[53:58] | Sellers his name was, Hugh Sellers. | 他叫塞勒斯 休·塞勒斯 |
[54:01] | Hanging round the legion kitchen on the cadge from time to time. | 时不时去军团厨房讨吃的 |
[54:04] | – Somebody recognised him. – Family? | -有人认出了他 -家人呢 |
[54:07] | Looking into it. Shouldn’t think the parents are still about. | 在查呢 他父母肯定是不在了 |
[54:10] | But wife? Kids, maybe? | 但或许还有妻子孩子 |
[54:13] | Like to let ’em know, if I could. | 如果可以 我想去通知他们 |
[54:16] | Get justice for him. | 为他讨回公道 |
[54:19] | And what about Andrew Lewis? | 安德鲁·刘易斯呢 |
[54:22] | Don’t you think he deserves justice, too? | 你不觉得他也该得到公道吗 |
[54:25] | Look, I wasn’t the first person | 我可不是第一个 |
[54:27] | to go nosing around The Downspout Club. | 去落水管俱乐部调查的人 |
[54:30] | Somebody had been there before me. | 有人在我之前去过 |
[54:35] | Did Andrew Lewis give you a photograph of his mother | 安德鲁·刘易斯是否给过你一张他母亲的照片 |
[54:37] | to help with your inquiries? | 好协助你的调查 |
[54:44] | Would’ve been useful | 我们要是之前 |
[54:45] | to have had our noses across it before now, Ronnie. | 就能看到会很有帮助的 罗尼 |
[54:48] | You never asked. | 是你们没问 |
[54:50] | He was my client, Fred, | 他可是我的客户 弗莱德 |
[54:52] | long before he ever became your body in Beaumont College. | 早在他变成你们在博蒙特学院发现的尸体前 |
[54:55] | And did The Downspout Club feature in your investigation? | 你在调查期间查到过落水管俱乐部吗 |
[54:58] | I heard somebody’s been following in my footsteps. | 我是听说有人在沿着我的脚步调查 |
[55:00] | Yeah… | 对 |
[55:02] | Joe Landesman was a member. And others. | 乔·兰德斯曼曾是那里的会员 还有其他人 |
[55:05] | – Why? – What about Paul Baynard? | -怎么了 -保罗·贝纳德呢 |
[55:07] | Doesn’t ring a bell. Who’s he? | 没印象 他是谁 |
[55:09] | He’s an artist. | 一个画家 |
[55:11] | Killed this week in a road accident. | 这周因道路事故丧命 |
[55:13] | Seems increasingly likely he has some connection to Brenda Lewis. | 他跟布伦达·刘易斯有关联的可能性似乎越来越高了 |
[55:18] | Then, his death wasn’t an accident. | 那他的死就不是事故 |
[55:21] | What’ve you heard, Ron? | 你听说什么了 罗 |
[55:25] | Rumour. Whispers in the dark. | 传言 只言片语 |
[55:28] | It’s like trying to catch wood smoke. | 就像烟一样难以捕捉 |
[55:31] | One minute, you think you’ve got hold of something, | 前一刻你以为自己发现了什么 |
[55:32] | only to have it come apart in your hands. | 紧接着却扑了个空 |
[55:34] | – Big picture? – Can’t say. | -大致上呢 -说不准 |
[55:36] | But there’s bits of London caught up in it. | 但跟伦敦有点关系 |
[55:39] | Big time. | 很有关系 |
[55:40] | Your old nark who copped it up here. | 你那个死在这里的老线人 |
[55:42] | Mickey Flood? What’s he to do with any of this? | 米奇·弗拉德 跟他有什么关系 |
[55:46] | Nobody’s talking… | 没人肯说 |
[55:48] | But word is he tumbled to | 但据说 他卷入了什么 |
[55:49] | some bit of villainy connects here and there. | 牵连甚广的阴谋当中 |
[55:52] | And that’s what cost him. | 所以才没了命 |
[55:53] | And that’s somehow connected to Brenda Lewis? | 这跟布伦达·刘易斯也有关系吗 |
[55:59] | Who was Mickey running with down the Smoke, Ron? | 米奇在斯莫克跟谁混 罗 |
[56:02] | At the time of his decease, | 他死的时候 |
[56:03] | there was a warrant out for him on a protection racket. | 因收保护费遭到通缉 |
[56:06] | That was never Mick. | 米奇才不做这个 |
[56:07] | All I hear, the past few years, he’s been perched on a stool, | 我只听说 这几年来 他就在迪安街 |
[56:11] | the landing of some Dean Street walk-up, | 某条路上待着 |
[56:13] | minding the punters behave themselves. | 看着嫖客不乱来 |
[56:15] | Money for jam. | 挣点小钱 |
[56:17] | And just the cushy number | 这对于米奇·弗拉德 |
[56:18] | for a broke-down, busted old lag like Mickey Flood. | 这种老胳膊老腿来说 也是个好差事 |
[56:21] | Hard to reconcile that with whatever he did to get him | 这跟导致他被钉在地上 拔出舌头的事 |
[56:23] | nailed to the floor and his tongue cut out. | 很难联系起来 |
[56:26] | Ain’t it just. | 太对了 |
[56:32] | Better? | 好点了吗 |
[56:33] | Mm, much. | 好多了 |
[56:44] | So… | 那么… |
[56:46] | Was it bad over there? | 那里很糟吗 |
[56:49] | No, not really. | 也没有 |
[56:52] | Boring more than anything. | 更多是无聊 |
[56:55] | We were worried sick. | 我们都担心死了 |
[57:01] | So what’re you gonna do with yourself? Get pissed every day? | 你打算做什么啊 就成天喝个烂醉吗 |
[57:06] | Just need to get away from it all for a bit, you know. | 就是想远离一切一阵子 |
[57:11] | Go somewhere, somewhere hot, preferably. | 去个别的地方 最好是暖和的地方 |
[57:19] | So, you and Jim Strange. | 你和吉姆·斯特兰奇啊 |
[57:21] | What about me and Jim? | 我和吉姆怎么了 |
[57:23] | I dunno. I just… | 我不知道 我… |
[57:26] | never thought… you two. | 没想到 你们俩 |
[57:31] | Love finds you when you least expect it. | 爱会在出其不意的时候出现 |
[57:35] | It is love, then? | 那么你们是爱咯 |
[57:38] | What sorta question’s that? | 这是什么意思 |
[57:42] | He looks after me. | 他照顾我 |
[57:45] | I know he’d never hurt me, and he makes me feel safe. | 我知道他绝不会伤害我 他让我有安全感 |
[57:48] | My tin hat made me feel safe, but that wasn’t love. | 我的安全帽让我有安全感 但那不叫爱 |
[57:56] | I’ve seen how short life can be, Joanie. | 我见识过生命苦短 琼 |
[58:00] | One moment you’re there, and then the next… | 前一刻人还在 转眼间 |
[58:05] | Don’t waste a second on regret. | 别用遗憾浪费青春 |
[58:11] | If what Flood knew has a bearing on Brenda Lewis, | 如果弗拉德掌握的消息跟布伦达·刘易斯有关 |
[58:13] | that means there’s definitely a London connection | 那么布伦纳姆谷和彼得·威廉姆斯的遭遇 |
[58:15] | between Blenheim Vale and what happened to Peter Williams. | 肯定都跟伦敦有联系 |
[58:19] | Landesman? | 兰德斯曼吗 |
[58:22] | Except no-one’s seen sight nor sound of that bastard in six years. | 但已经六年没人见过那个混蛋了 |
[58:25] | I really think we need to | 我真的认为我们得 |
[58:26] | get troops on the ground at Blenheim Vale. | 派人去布伦纳姆谷 |
[58:29] | Forensics. | 鉴证组 |
[58:31] | What d’you think you’re gonna find, after all this time? | 都这么久了 你觉得你能发现什么 |
[58:35] | His body. | 他的尸体 |
[58:41] | I give the go-ahead on that kind of operation… | 我如果批准这样的行动 |
[58:45] | ..That could mean my move to Carshall, the superintendency. | 我的卡歇尔调任 警司职位 |
[58:50] | All of it. | 就都悬了 |
[58:52] | I’m not asking you to give the go-ahead. | 我没想让你批准 |
[58:54] | You’ve Hugh Sellers’ family to track down, haven’t you? | 你不是还得去找休·塞勒斯的家人吗 |
[58:57] | And what happened to Raymond Swann to get to the bottom of. | 还要查清雷蒙德·斯旺的事 |
[58:59] | If you’re off doing that, it’s just my neck on the line. | 如果你去干那个了 要担风险的就只有我了 |
[59:13] | – So, who’s for a drink? – Not tonight, thank you, Dickie. | -谁去喝酒 -今晚不了 谢谢 理查 |
[59:16] | I’d love to, but I promised Anne I wouldn’t be too late, | 我很想去 但我向安保证了不会太晚回去 |
[59:19] | and I’ve got to get the last act of Play Dead under my belt. | 我还得把《装死》最后的部分背下来 |
[59:22] | Are you doing a play, Kenny? | 你要演剧吗 肯尼 |
[59:24] | Don’t think we’ve heard about this. | 我们都没听说啊 |
[59:25] | Don’t. He only does it to get a rise. | 别 他就是想秀一把 |
[1:00:48] | Oxford two-nine-four-seven. | 牛津2947 |
[1:00:50] | ‘Morse.’ | 摩斯 |
[1:00:54] | Miss Thursday? | 瑟斯戴小姐 |
[1:00:57] | – ‘I…’ – Is everything all right? | -我 -你没事吧 |
[1:00:59] | ‘Yes.’ | 嗯 |
[1:01:01] | ‘I just… | 我就是… |
[1:01:03] | ‘I was…’ | 我… |
[1:01:06] | ‘We never had that drink.’ | 我们说好的酒还没喝呢 |
[1:01:09] | No, erm… | 是啊 |
[1:01:11] | No, we-we never did. | 我们还没喝呢 |
[1:01:14] | ‘I’m stopping by The Eagle And Child tomorrow. | 我明天会去一趟鹰崽酒吧 |
[1:01:18] | ‘Around six?’ | 大概六点吧 |
[1:01:20] | Well, I’ll see you there. | 那么到时见了 |
[1:01:23] | ‘Yes.’ | 好 |
[1:03:22] | Bright. | 布莱特 |
[1:03:38] | Christ Almighty, what the hell’ve you done, matey? | 老天爷 你干了什么 伙计 |
[1:03:41] | – Balloon’s gone up. – Morse! | -这下严重了 -摩斯 |
[1:03:43] | Morning, Sir. | 早 长官 |
[1:03:44] | Who ordered all this? | 这是谁下的令 |
[1:03:46] | – I did. – On what grounds? | -是我 -什么理由 |
[1:03:48] | I believe there’s a body buried here. | 我认为有具尸体埋在这里 |
[1:03:51] | – What’s this? A tip-off, or…? – Not exactly, Sir. | -为什么 线报吗 -不是 长官 |
[1:03:53] | There’s an artist, Paul Baynard. | 有个画家 保罗·贝纳德 |
[1:03:56] | I think he’s left visual clues in his paintings | 我认为他在画里留下了线索 |
[1:03:58] | as to the location of the gravesite. | 指示了埋葬的地点 |
[1:04:01] | – Paintings. – Used also on the cover of paperback novels. | -画 -也被用作简装小说的封面 |
[1:04:05] | Did you know about this, Thursday? | 你知道这事吗 瑟斯戴 |
[1:04:09] | Certainly, Sir. | 当然 长官 |
[1:04:11] | I have orders from Division to see this business stopped | 我接到了警部的命令 阻止此事 |
[1:04:14] | and the excavation closed down at once. | 立刻停止挖掘 |
[1:04:24] | But they’re not here… | 但他们可没在这里 |
[1:04:28] | ..And I am. | 我在 |
[1:04:32] | I can buy you until the end of the day. | 我可以替你拖到今天晚上 |
[1:04:35] | After which, I fear we shall all swing together. | 之后 我们就要一起倒霉了 |
[1:04:40] | – Will that be enough? – Yes, Sir. Thank you, Sir. | -这够了吗 -是 长官 谢谢长官 |
[1:04:42] | Very well. Carry on. | 很好 继续吧 |
[1:04:53] | You sure about this, Sir? | 你确定吗 长官 |
[1:04:55] | It’s not as if they can threaten me with dismissal, is it? | 他们又不能威胁解雇我 是吧 |
[1:05:01] | I once made a very grave mistake that left Morse in prison, | 我曾犯下了严重错误 导致摩斯入狱 |
[1:05:06] | and you fighting for your life. | 让你命悬一线 |
[1:05:09] | I’ll be damned if I’m about to repeat it. | 我绝不会再重复这样的错误 |
[1:05:18] | Well… | 好吧 |
[1:05:20] | you’ve burned your bridges this time, matey, and no mistake. | 你这次是没后路了 伙计 相信我 |
[1:05:22] | There’s something here. I know there is. | 这里肯定有东西 我知道有 |
[1:05:25] | There better be. For your sake. | 最好有 为了你 |
[1:05:28] | There better be. | 最好有 |
[1:05:42] | Forensics from the Raymond Swann murder site. | 雷蒙德·斯旺凶案现场的鉴证结果 |
[1:05:46] | No dabs on the johnny wrapper. Bog standard on the snout. | 避孕套外包装上没有指纹 烟也很普通 |
[1:05:51] | – Any luck at Blenheim Vale? – Ah, not yet. | -布伦纳姆谷有发现吗 -还没有 |
[1:05:53] | But there’s only so much staring at the mud a man can do. | 但盯着泥巴看总会厌烦的 |
[1:05:56] | If there’s something there, they’ll find it. | 如果有东西 他们会找到的 |
[1:05:57] | But there’s something I wanted to show you. It’s a mask. | 但我想给你看样东西 是个面具 |
[1:06:00] | This piece was found by Hugh Sellers’ body. | 这一块是在休·塞勒斯尸体旁发现的 |
[1:06:03] | This piece was found in the woods | 这一块是在保罗·贝纳德 |
[1:06:04] | by where Paul Baynard was fished up. | 被沉尸的湖边的树林旁找到的 |
[1:06:07] | Same people involved in both deaths? | 有人跟两起凶案都有关 |
[1:06:08] | Now the woman who saw Hugh Sellers’ attackers, | 看见袭击休·塞勒斯的人的那个女人 |
[1:06:10] | said their faces were “wrong”. | 说他们的脸”不对劲” |
[1:06:12] | “Like devils.” The masks. | “就像魔鬼” 是指面具 |
[1:06:15] | Very likely the same crowd | 可能就是这群人 |
[1:06:16] | caught up in this gang fight on Port Meadow. | 在草地港跟人聚众斗殴 |
[1:06:19] | Both of these men were killed the same night | 他们都是死在了 |
[1:06:20] | that the Lady Mayoress’ car was stolen from the Broad, right? | 市长女士的车在宽街失窃的那晚 是吧 |
[1:06:23] | It’s her motor Raymond Swann’s Jolly book was under. | 雷蒙德·斯旺的侦探小说就在她的车下 |
[1:06:25] | So, they’ve what? | 那是怎么 |
[1:06:27] | Done for Sellers, then mowed Baynard down | 他们先打死了塞勒斯 又开着偷的车 |
[1:06:29] | on some joyride in the country in the stolen car. | 在乡间兜风时撞倒了贝纳德吗 |
[1:06:32] | Then dumped his body in the lake on the Shifford estate. | 然后把他的尸体丢到了谢福德庄园的湖里 |
[1:06:34] | Next night, they’ve thrown Swann off the car park? | 第二天晚上 他们又把斯旺从停车场丢了下去 |
[1:06:37] | I don’t see how that follows, unless they’re maniacs. | 我觉得这说不通 除非他们就是疯子 |
[1:06:40] | Well, whoever they are, | 不管他们是谁 |
[1:06:41] | none of this gets us any closer to finding them. | 这些并不能让我们离找到他们更近一步 |
[1:06:43] | It might. I think I know where this mask may have come from. | 或许能 我可能知道这面具是哪来的 |
[1:06:48] | – Anywhere else local knock those out? – No. | -本地还有别家店做这个吗 -没有 |
[1:06:52] | It’s my stock. No doubt. | 就是我的货 毫无疑问 |
[1:06:55] | Is this to do with what happened to Ray? | 这跟雷的事有关吗 |
[1:06:57] | No, it may be useful in connection to another case. | 不 它可能是另一宗案子的线索 |
[1:06:59] | You sold many lately? | 你近来卖过很多这个吗 |
[1:07:05] | Well, Mr Astin? | 阿斯丁先生 |
[1:07:07] | There’s a fella comes in. | 有个人来过 |
[1:07:08] | Regular. Young. Posh. Student, I suppose. | 经常来 年轻 有钱 好像是学生 |
[1:07:12] | – He’s had a bunch of ’em off me. – How many’s a bunch? | -他跟我买过好几个 -多少是几个 |
[1:07:15] | Four. A while back. | 四个 有一阵子了 |
[1:07:17] | Then this week, he had another one off me | 然后这周 他把服装送回来时 |
[1:07:20] | when he brought the outfits back. | 又买了一个 |
[1:07:21] | – What outfits? – Fancy dress. | -什么服装 -戏服 |
[1:07:23] | – We had words, actually. – Really, about what? | -我们还争执了一番 -是吗 为什么 |
[1:07:26] | The state of the gear. | 因为衣服的状态 |
[1:07:27] | I mean, I always take a deposit to cover wear and tear, | 我一向会收押金 以防衣服有损坏 |
[1:07:30] | – but these were a write-off. – In what way? | -但这次是直接抵了 -怎么了 |
[1:07:32] | Torn. Muddy. Oil. | 撕裂 泥土 油渍 |
[1:07:35] | And a couple of the shirts were covered in blood. | 几件衬衫上还有血迹 |
[1:07:37] | – I just didn’t think… – When was this? | -但我没想到… -这是什么时候 |
[1:07:40] | Tuesday, was it? Yes. Tuesday. | 是周二吗 对 周二 |
[1:07:43] | – Do you have a name for him? – No. He paid the excess in cash. | -你知道名字吗 -不知道 他付了现金 |
[1:07:47] | But this was in one of the pockets. | 但其中一个兜里发现了这个 |
[1:07:51] | I don’t know if it’s him. | 我不知道是不是他 |
[1:07:53] | “Ormsby Gore.” | “奥姆斯比-戈尔” |
[1:08:08] | Good afternoon, gentlemen. Thames Valley Police. | 下午好 先生们 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[1:08:11] | Which one of you is Mr Ormsby-Gore? | 你们哪位是奥姆斯比-戈尔先生 |
[1:08:15] | MISTER Ormsby-Gore? | 奥姆斯比-戈尔”先生”吗 |
[1:08:21] | I’m afraid there’s no such person. | 恐怕没有这个人 |
[1:08:24] | Might you mean LORD Ormsby-Gore? | 你是问奥姆斯比-戈尔勋爵吧 |
[1:08:29] | – And who might you be, sir? – Viscount Henley. | -你是谁呢 先生 -亨利子爵 |
[1:08:33] | That’s Lord Freddie Mulcaster. | 这是弗莱德·穆卡斯特勋爵 |
[1:08:34] | And the Honourable Henry Brockhurst. | 还有亨利·布罗赫斯阁下 |
[1:08:37] | The Debonairs… presumably. | 你们就是雅士帮吧 |
[1:08:41] | Who’s this, Raph? | 这是谁 拉夫 |
[1:08:43] | Er, police, Arch. Nothing to worry about. | 警察 阿奇 没什么好担心的 |
[1:08:46] | Lord Ormsby-Gore. | 奥姆斯比-戈尔勋爵 |
[1:08:48] | There are matters I must put to you | 有些事我需要带你回警局 |
[1:08:50] | under caution at the police station. | 向你宣读权利后询问你 |
[1:08:52] | The same goes for the rest of you. | 你们也都是 |
[1:08:53] | Now, see here, my good man. | 听着 好伙计 |
[1:08:56] | I’m sure you’re a fine, dedicated public servant, | 我相信你是一个尽忠职守的公仆 |
[1:08:59] | and all the rest of it. | 什么的 |
[1:09:00] | I’m not your man, good or otherwise. | 我可不是你的伙计 |
[1:09:03] | I’m the Queen’s man, and I’m here to see her peace is kept. | 我是女王的手下 我要为她守护安宁 |
[1:09:07] | Look, my, my father I-I-is, is in the Cabinet, | 我父亲是内阁成员 |
[1:09:11] | and… and… and your Chief Constable shoots on our estate. | 你们警察局长还在我们家的地上打猎呢 |
[1:09:14] | The Shifford estate, would that be? | 是谢福德庄园吗 |
[1:09:15] | Held by the Ormsby-Gores, | 属于奥姆斯比-戈尔家 |
[1:09:17] | lake and grounds landscaped by Capability Brown. | 湖和园林由能人布朗设计 |
[1:09:20] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[1:09:21] | From where we pulled the body of a motorcyclist. | 我们在那里发现了一名摩托驾驶员的尸体 |
[1:09:26] | You can’t imagine this is going to go well for you? | 你们不会以为你们会有好果子吃吧 |
[1:09:29] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:09:32] | All right, let’s be having ’em. | 好的 抓走他们吧 |
[1:09:34] | – Get your hands off me! – Get off me! | -放开我 -放开我 |
[1:09:37] | Nobody says anything without a lawyer! | 律师到之前 谁都别说话 |
[1:09:39] | Archie? You keep your mouth shut. You hear me? | 阿奇 你把嘴闭紧 听到了吗 |
[1:09:41] | They’ve got nothing. | 他们什么证据都没有 |
[1:09:46] | They’re refusing to talk until their solicitors are present. | 他们不肯在律师到场前说话 |
[1:09:49] | And they’re coming up from London, so it could be a long wait. | 律师要从伦敦过来 得好等了 |
[1:09:53] | Well, it won’t surprise you to learn | 你应该不会意外 |
[1:09:54] | I’ve already had the Chief Constable on the telephone. | 警察局长已经把电话打到我这里了 |
[1:09:59] | – You’re certain about these boys? – It doesn’t look good, Sir. | -你确定是他们吗 -可能性很高 长官 |
[1:10:03] | We can very likely place them at all three scenes of crime. | 我们几乎可以确定他们去过三个犯罪现场 |
[1:10:05] | We’ve bits of mask they bought | 我们在休·塞勒斯 |
[1:10:07] | found at the scene of Hugh Sellers’ murder | 凶案现场发现了他们买的面具的碎片 |
[1:10:09] | and also where Paul Baynard’s body was dumped. | 保罗·贝纳德弃尸处也有面具碎片 |
[1:10:11] | And the car was found at the same factory | 那辆车也是在雷蒙德·斯旺 |
[1:10:13] | that Raymond Swann took a dive off. | 坠楼的工厂发现的 |
[1:10:17] | Sorry to interrupt, Sir, | 抱歉 长官 |
[1:10:18] | but there’s been a development at Blenheim Vale. | 但布伦纳姆谷那边有情况 |
[1:10:25] | You’d better get out there. | 你快去吧 |
[1:10:27] | Me and Jim can deal with these tripe hounds. | 我和吉姆可以对付这些混蛋 |
[1:10:56] | – Doctor? – Morse. It’s a man. | -医生 -摩斯 是个人 |
[1:11:00] | From the state of the corpus, | 从尸体状况来看 |
[1:11:02] | I’d estimate he’s been here five to ten years. | 我估计他已经在这里躺了五到十年了 |
[1:11:05] | Single hole in the back of the cranium. No exit wound. | 头骨后方有一个孔 没有出口伤 |
[1:11:09] | And we may have a bullet, or what’s left of it, | 我们可能会发现子弹 或子弹残片 |
[1:11:12] | still left inside the skull. | 还留在头骨里 |
[1:11:18] | You know, you were right, Morse. | 你是对的 摩斯 |
[1:11:21] | You said we’d find remains here and we did. | 你说我们会在这里发现尸体 我们就发现了 |
[1:11:26] | They can’t close it down. | 他们别想阻止了 |
[1:11:29] | Not now there’s a body. | 现在有尸体了 |
[1:11:34] | – There’s somewhere I need to be. – Oh, your, um, motorcyclist. | -我还得赶去个地方 -对了 那个摩托驾驶员 |
[1:11:38] | I was wrong. | 我之前错了 |
[1:11:40] | He was still alive when they put him in the water. | 他被丢进水里时还活着 |
[1:11:43] | Drowned. | 溺毙 |
[1:11:51] | Look, I really don’t have anything to say to you people. | 听着 我真的没什么好跟你们说的 |
[1:11:58] | – Beneath you, are we? – Pretty much. | -我们不配 是吗 -差不多吧 |
[1:12:02] | A man should know his place… | 一个人该知道自己的位置 |
[1:12:05] | ..Don’t you think? | 不是吗 |
[1:12:09] | I think over-privileged, entitled, arrogant young men | 我觉得自以为是 傲慢自大的特权少年 |
[1:12:12] | who run around hurting innocent people | 到处伤害无辜 |
[1:12:13] | and never believe they’re gonna have to answer for any of it | 还相信自己绝不需要承担责任 |
[1:12:16] | can always be relied on | 他们肯定会 |
[1:12:17] | to turn on each another like rats in a sack. | 像袋子里的老鼠一样彼此出卖 |
[1:12:22] | They’ll give me you… | 他们会向我出卖你 |
[1:12:25] | ..Or you’ll give me them. | 不然就是你会出卖他们 |
[1:12:27] | But the longer you leave it, the worse it’ll get. | 但你等得越久 结果越糟 |
[1:12:50] | ‘Who set fire to the £20 note?’ | 那20镑是谁烧的 |
[1:12:52] | Money to burn, that the joke? | 有钱可烧 是这意思吗 |
[1:12:55] | People with everything, taunting a man who has nothing. | 拥有一切的人捉弄一个一无所有的人 |
[1:12:59] | Who stuck him? Who killed Hugh Sellers? | 是谁刺了他 是谁杀了休·塞勒斯 |
[1:13:03] | Nobody. | 没人 |
[1:13:04] | He didn’t bleed to death of his own account, did he? | 他总不会是自己流血至死的吧 |
[1:13:07] | One of you broke a bottle and stabbed him in the neck with it. | 你们中有个人打碎了个瓶子 拿它扎了他的脖子 |
[1:13:09] | – No. – You went out with the sole intention | -不 -你们最初的目标 |
[1:13:12] | of doing someone serious harm. | 就是狠狠地伤害一个人 |
[1:13:15] | For kicks, was it? | 为了好玩 是吗 |
[1:13:17] | Look, the old man may have been pushed around a bit, | 听着 那个老头可能被推搡了几下 |
[1:13:21] | but he was alive and well when we left. | 但我们走时 他还活得好好的 |
[1:13:24] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[1:13:53] | Evening. What’s the trouble? | 晚上好 有什么问题 |
[1:13:56] | – “Officer.” – Sorry? | -“警官” -什么 |
[1:13:59] | “What’s the trouble, officer?” | “有什么问题 警官” |
[1:14:02] | Good manners don’t cost nothing, do they? | 有点礼貌没害处 是吧 |
[1:14:04] | Bit of respect… for the uniform. | 对警察有点尊重吧 |
[1:14:07] | I’m “Job.” And I’m in a bit of a hurry. | 我也是 而且我赶时间 |
[1:14:09] | Oh, that’s funny. | 有意思了 |
[1:14:10] | Cos I’ve got all the time in the world. | 因为我可完全不急呢 |
[1:14:13] | Licence and insurance documents. | 出示驾照和保险 |
[1:14:16] | Come on, come on. Let’s be having you. | 快点 拿出来 |
[1:14:19] | You’re in a hurry, aren’t you? | 你不是赶时间吗 |
[1:14:20] | I don’t keep them in the car. Why’ve you stopped me? | 我没放在车里 你们为什么拦我 |
[1:14:22] | You have a, er… defective brake light. | 你的…刹车灯坏了 |
[1:14:26] | Well, it was all right this morning. | 今早还好好的呢 |
[1:14:28] | What the hell do you think you’re doing?! | 你这他妈是干什么 |
[1:14:29] | There’s no call for profanity. Or belligerence. | 没必要说脏话 或这么激动 |
[1:14:34] | Wait a minute. Have you been drinking? | 等等 你喝酒了吗 |
[1:14:36] | – I can smell it on your breath. – No, you can’t. | -我能闻到你嘴里的酒气 -你胡说 |
[1:14:38] | And your aggressive demeanour leads me to believe | 你过激的行为让我认为 |
[1:14:40] | your ability to drive may be impaired | 你可能因饮酒 |
[1:14:42] | through the consumption of alcohol. Adams! | 而无法好好驾驶 亚当斯 |
[1:14:46] | Is this a joke? | 这是开玩笑吗 |
[1:14:48] | Are you refusing to comply with the instruction? | 你是不肯服从指示吗 |
[1:14:51] | One long, steady blow. | 均匀长长地吹一口 |
[1:14:58] | That’s it. See? | 这就对了 是吧 |
[1:15:00] | Doing what you’re told’s not so hard, is it? | 服从命令没那么难吧 |
[1:15:04] | You want to get used to it. Better for you in the long run. | 你最好习惯这样 长远来说对你有好处 |
[1:15:07] | Better for everybody. | 对大家都好 |
[1:15:13] | It’s Stevens, isn’t it? From County? Before the merger. | 史蒂文斯 是吧 合并前是郡警局的 |
[1:15:18] | Well. | 哎呀 |
[1:15:21] | – What a memory you’ve got. – Yeah. It’s Morse. | -记性真好 -对 我是摩斯 |
[1:15:24] | From Cowley. I’ve just come from Blenheim Vale. | 考利的 我刚从布伦纳姆谷来 |
[1:15:26] | Oh, we know. | 我们知道 |
[1:15:31] | You’re not Traffic at all, are you? What is this? | 你根本不是交警吧 这是干什么 |
[1:15:36] | This? | 这 |
[1:15:38] | This is as polite as it gets. | 这是最礼貌的表示了 |
[1:15:41] | We’ll be seeing you… city man. | 回头见了 市里人 |
[1:16:07] | Excuse me, was there a brunette here, blue eyes? | 不好意思 之前有个棕发蓝眼的姑娘来过吗 |
[1:16:10] | Yeah. She left about 40 minutes ago. | 对 她大概40分钟前就走了 |
[1:16:14] | – Have you got a phone I can use? – Yeah, it’s on the bar. | -你们有电话可以借我吗 -嗯 吧台上有 |
[1:16:41] | Did you up, did she? Pretty little thing. Brunette. | 放了你鸽子吗 她真漂亮 棕发美女 |
[1:16:47] | Baby blues. That the frail? | 蓝眼睛 我见犹怜 |
[1:16:51] | Oh, is there any word on what happened to poor old Ray yet? | 雷的事有消息了吗 |
[1:16:55] | Er, no. No, not yet. | 没有 还没有 |
[1:16:57] | I’ve just been doing a bit of press. Oxford Mail. | 我刚刚在接受采访 《牛津邮报》 |
[1:17:00] | Little piece they’re doing. “Farewell, My Jolly.” | 他们要做一篇报道 《再见老朱》 |
[1:17:04] | Oh, anyway… can’t stop. Got to get up to town for an audition. | 反正 不能久留 我还得去镇上试镜 |
[1:17:09] | Cowardy Custard at The Mermaid. | 《美人鱼》里的胆小鬼 |
[1:17:16] | Evening, Morse. You with Jim? | 晚上好 摩斯 跟吉姆一起来的吗 |
[1:17:20] | Joan Thursday was in earlier. | 琼·瑟斯戴刚刚来过 |
[1:17:22] | Drink? | 喝吗 |
[1:17:26] | Who was driving? | 是谁开的车 |
[1:17:27] | Brockhurst. | 布罗赫斯 |
[1:17:31] | ‘It wasn’t his fault.’ | 不能怪他 |
[1:17:34] | ‘The guy on the bike didn’t have his light on.’ | 是骑摩托的人没开灯 |
[1:17:41] | – Whose idea was it to dump the body on the Shifford estate? – Archie’s. | -是谁提出把尸体丢到谢福德庄园 -阿奇 |
[1:17:48] | His family’s away for a couple of months. We thought by then… | 他家人这几个月出门了 我们觉得到时候… |
[1:17:53] | All the fuss would’ve died down, | 一切风波肯定都平息了 |
[1:17:55] | and you could find a more permanent location for the body. | 你们可以找个更长久的地方埋尸 |
[1:17:58] | Look, this is all conjecture. | 听着 这都是猜测 |
[1:18:01] | If you had anything like evidence, you’d charge me. | 如果你们有证据 肯定起诉我了 |
[1:18:03] | We’ve got pieces of one of your masks found at Littlemore, | 我们在利特莫发现了一块面具碎片 |
[1:18:06] | that’s something, I suppose. | 这算是证据吧 |
[1:18:08] | And I don’t care how careful you were, | 不管你们多小心 |
[1:18:10] | Forensics’ll find your fingerprints all over the car. | 鉴证组肯定会在车上和摩托车上 |
[1:18:13] | And the motorbike. | 发现你们的指纹 |
[1:18:15] | Why’d you do for Swann? | 你们为什么杀斯旺 |
[1:18:18] | D’you think he was a real copper? | 是把他当真警察了吗 |
[1:18:22] | Who’s… Who’s Swann? | 谁…斯旺是谁 |
[1:18:24] | Where you left the car. | 你们弃车的地方 |
[1:18:31] | Wait a minute. All-All-All I did was-was dump the car. | 等等 我只是去弃车 |
[1:18:34] | Sure, I-I-I saw the guy off the television. | 是 我在电视上见过他 |
[1:18:37] | But he was leaving when I arrived. | 但我到时 他正要走 |
[1:18:43] | I’ve just come from seeing Kenneth – sorry, | 我刚去看了肯尼斯 抱歉 |
[1:18:45] | “Call me Kenny” – Prior at the Oxford Empire. | 是”叫我肯尼”·普莱尔 在牛津帝国剧院的演出 |
[1:18:47] | Did Ted Pickersgill this morning – Sgt Wilkins – this morning. | 今早还采访了泰德·皮克斯基 威尔金斯警长 |
[1:18:52] | And just finished now with young Narcissus. DI Chance. | 刚刚采访完了小自恋狂 钱斯督察 |
[1:18:56] | Thought he was gonna make a move on Joan, | 还以为他会去向琼献殷勤 |
[1:18:58] | but thankfully she left. | 幸好她走了 |
[1:18:59] | Not long before you arrived, actually. | 你没过多久就到了 |
[1:19:05] | – What do you make to them? – Actors. | -你怎么看他们 -演员嘛 |
[1:19:09] | Pickersgill’s a grumpy sod. | 皮克斯基脾气真坏 |
[1:19:12] | But I suppose it’s Jolliphant makes it. Avuncular, that voice. | 但毕竟朱利芬特才是角儿 声音很慈祥 |
[1:19:16] | You’d never know he was from “Oop North”, would you? | 完全听不出是个北方人 是吧 |
[1:19:19] | Who is, Kenneth Prior? | 谁 肯尼斯·普莱尔吗 |
[1:19:21] | That’s the RADA for you, dear. | 皇家戏剧艺术学院的功劳 |
[1:19:22] | Marvellous what they can do with “electrocution” lessons. | 他们的”电击”课真是有奇效 |
[1:19:26] | Do you want a programme? He signed it. I’ve no use. | 你要节目单吗 他签名了 我又不需要 |
[1:19:31] | And it’s not Kenneth Prior. Least, it wasn’t. | 而且他不叫肯尼斯·普莱尔 原本不是 |
[1:19:34] | There was already another actor in the union with the same name. | 在他之前工会里就有叫这个的演员了 |
[1:19:39] | What, he changed it? Like Raymond Swann? | 他改过 就像雷蒙德·斯旺那样 |
[1:19:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:19:43] | He could’ve changed his first name, but… | 他完全可以改名字 但是… |
[1:19:46] | maybe he didn’t want to be confused with Peter. | 可能是不想跟彼得搞混吧 |
[1:19:49] | – Peter who? – Sellers. | -彼得什么 -塞勒斯 |
[1:20:13] | Hugh Sellers was your older brother. | 休·塞勒斯是你哥哥 |
[1:20:19] | I don’t suppose I’d seen him since before the war. | 我大概战前就跟他失联了 |
[1:20:24] | – He tracked you down. – No, no, it wasn’t like that. Just… | -他找到了你 -不 不是那样的 |
[1:20:29] | ..The Convergence Of The Twain. | 机缘巧合 |
[1:20:33] | He came along to the set | 他跟其他 |
[1:20:35] | along with all the rest of his tatterdemalion crowd, | 流浪汉一起来过片场 |
[1:20:38] | scavenging the bins, helping themselves. | 搜垃圾桶 翻吃的 |
[1:20:49] | I was hoping that he wouldn’t recognise me, but… of course… | 我还希望他不会认出我 但…果然… |
[1:20:54] | What did he want? | 他想要什么 |
[1:20:57] | I don’t know. I don’t think he knew. | 我不知道 他可能也不知道 |
[1:21:01] | Money… in the first instance. | 首先是钱 |
[1:21:05] | – How much? – £100. | -多少钱 -一百镑 |
[1:21:08] | But I… I knew that wouldn’t be the end of it. | 但我知道这事没个完 |
[1:21:10] | But it wasn’t even the money. It was the risk. | 但并不是因为钱 而是风险 |
[1:21:15] | The risk? | 风险 |
[1:21:17] | Of it coming out. That we were… erm… | 曝光的风险 我们是… |
[1:21:20] | can you imagine if the press had got hold of it, | 你能想象 如果媒体发现了 |
[1:21:23] | the field day they would have had? | 他们会怎样狂欢一场吗 |
[1:21:25] | “The… The… brother of television’s Superintendent Jolliphant | 电视上的朱利芬特警司 |
[1:21:29] | “Is a tramp!” | 有个流浪汉哥哥 |
[1:21:31] | I had to think of the show. | 我得为电视剧考虑 |
[1:21:33] | The show was ending. | 电视剧要取消了 |
[1:21:35] | You were thinking of yourself. | 你只是为自己考虑 |
[1:21:38] | You arranged a meeting? | 你跟他约了见面 |
[1:21:41] | Yes. I said that we could meet and I would give him the money | 对 我说我们可以见面 我会给他钱 |
[1:21:45] | on the strict understanding | 但他必须答应 |
[1:21:46] | that he didn’t come to the set to get it. | 不会来片场拿 |
[1:21:50] | I had the money on me. I wasn’t going there to… | 我拿了钱 我没想去… |
[1:21:54] | But when I saw him, he was already… | 但我看见他时 他已经… |
[1:22:00] | Well, you could have called an ambulance, even then. | 即便那时 你完全可以叫救护车 |
[1:22:02] | You could have saved him. | 你可以救他的 |
[1:22:08] | He’d always been… A bit of a… | 他一直…是个… |
[1:22:12] | ..A weight. | 负担 |
[1:22:20] | So you found a way to be rid of him. | 你发现了摆脱他的办法 |
[1:22:22] | And you took it. | 就抓住了机会 |
[1:22:27] | And what about Swann? | 那斯旺呢 |
[1:22:30] | He’d seen us together, earlier that day. | 他那天早些时候见过我们在一起 |
[1:22:33] | I’m not quite sure that he realised exactly what he’d seen. | 我不知道他是不是明白自己看到了什么 |
[1:22:38] | But he knew instinctively… | 但他直觉地知道 |
[1:22:41] | that it was something that could be used to his advantage. | 这是他可以用来谋利的事 |
[1:22:45] | So he tried to blackmail you? | 所以他勒索了你 |
[1:22:48] | He said that he’d read in the papers that | 他说他在报纸上看到 |
[1:22:50] | a tramp had been found dead. | 发现了一具流浪汉的尸体 |
[1:22:52] | And, “Wasn’t that a coincidence?” | “多巧啊” |
[1:22:53] | given the commotion that we’d had over lunch. | 我们之前午餐时才出过事 |
[1:22:56] | And did I think that he should mention it to the police | 还问我他是不是该跟警察说 |
[1:23:00] | that they’d been there. | 他们去过那里 |
[1:23:04] | Well, I said I couldn’t discuss it there and then, | 我说我当时没法谈这件事 |
[1:23:07] | but if he cared to go to the factory where I parked up | 但如果他愿意去我结束舞台剧彩排后 |
[1:23:09] | after rehearsals for the play, then we… | 停车的那个工厂 那我们… |
[1:23:13] | ..We could talk about it then. | 我们可以谈谈 |
[1:23:52] | I wondered… if I’d been recognised. | 我还想 是不是有人认出了我 |
[1:23:56] | That’s the thing about being on the television, you see. | 上电视的问题就在这里 |
[1:24:00] | They may not know your name, but… | 他们可能不知道你叫什么 |
[1:24:04] | ..People always know your face. | 但他们都认识你的脸 |
[1:24:12] | Charlie and I had our problems, but… | 查理和我虽然也有矛盾 |
[1:24:14] | to be that ashamed of your own flesh and blood. | 但居然这么以自己的亲手足为耻 |
[1:24:17] | He was afraid, I suppose. | 他是害怕吧 |
[1:24:19] | That he’d lose all that he’d built up | 如果他被跟一个流浪汉联系起来 |
[1:24:20] | if his name was associated with a tramp. | 会失去自己建立的一切 |
[1:24:23] | But murder? | 杀人啊 |
[1:24:25] | Who’s to say what anyone would do, | 如果自己看重的东西受到威胁 |
[1:24:26] | if what they value was threatened? | 谁知道每个人能干出什么事呢 |
[1:24:31] | Word just through from Blenheim Vale. They’ve found another one. | 布伦纳姆谷那边来消息了 又发现一具尸体 |
[1:24:41] | Adult female. Somewhere between her late 20s and 50. | 成年女性 年龄在将近30到50之间 |
[1:24:48] | Most likely mid-30s. | 八成是35左右 |
[1:24:50] | And, like the male, shot in the back of the head. | 跟那男人一样 是脑后中了一枪 |
[1:24:56] | – Brenda Lewis. – I’ll need dental records to confirm. | -布伦达·刘易斯 -我需要牙科记录才能确认 |
[1:25:01] | However, I do have a match with the man we found. | 但是 我们发现的男人有匹配了 |
[1:25:05] | It’s Josiah Landesman. | 是乔萨亚·兰德斯曼 |
[1:25:11] | What went on here? | 这里发生了什么 |
[1:25:13] | Whatever it was, this time we get to the bottom of it. | 不管是什么事 这次我们要查个水落石出 |
[1:25:18] | – And Division? – Can’t bury it twice. | -警部呢 -别想再掩盖一次了 |
[1:25:25] | We’ll have the truth… | 我们要查清真相 |
[1:25:29] | ..Whatever the cost. | 不论付出什么代价 |
[1:25:37] | I thought we were done with all this. | 我以为这些事早结束了 |
[1:25:40] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[1:25:46] | You have to get him away from this. | 你得让他远离这一切 |
[1:25:48] | I had a run-in yesterday with the dregs from County. | 我昨天碰到了两个郡警渣滓 |
[1:25:52] | Whatever we find here’s not gonna be forgiven. | 我们的发现不会被原谅的 |
[1:25:55] | Stick him on secondment somewhere. | 把他借调去别处 |
[1:25:57] | You know Jim. He’s a good man. | 你了解吉姆 他是个好小伙 |
[1:25:59] | – He won’t go. – Well, give him no choice. | -他不会走的 -那就别让他有的选 |
[1:26:03] | It’s not just him you have to think about, not any more. | 你不仅仅要为他考虑 以后不是了 |
[1:26:06] | What was it you said, “They come at you through what you love”? | 你怎么说的来着”他们用你爱的东西威胁你” |
[1:26:09] | You have to keep them safe now. All of them. | 你要保护他们 所有人 |
[1:27:13] | – ‘It’s me.’ – I gathered as much. | -是我 -我听出来了 |
[1:27:17] | ‘I had a visitor after you and Morse left. | 你和摩斯走后 有人来找过我 |
[1:27:21] | ‘Looks like the two of you | 看来你们两个 |
[1:27:22] | have being asking the wrong questions.’ | 问了不该问的问题 |
[1:27:25] | – Where are you, Ronnie? – Gone. | -你在哪 罗尼 -走了 |
[1:27:29] | ‘Come in.’ | 回来吧 |
[1:27:31] | With your help, we can take this lot, | 有你的帮助 我们能把他们一网打尽 |
[1:27:34] | – ‘whoever they are.’ – Not these. | -不管他们是谁 -他们不行 |
[1:27:44] | This isn’t Jago and the Four Winds. This is big time. | 这次不是贾格和四风了 这次是大事 |
[1:27:47] | ‘You take this on, you won’t come out of it. | 你敢去碰 就别想活下来 |
[1:27:50] | ‘You, nor Morse, neither. | 你 摩斯 都是 |
[1:27:53] | – ‘Drop it.’ – I can’t. | -放弃吧 -我不能 |
[1:27:57] | Then I’m talking to a dead man. | 那你死定了 |
[1:28:01] | ‘Final call for Union Air Flight 714 to Johannesburg.’ | 飞往约翰内斯堡的联合航空714号航班最后登机通告 |
[1:28:06] | I’ve gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[1:28:07] | ‘Don’t join the dots on this one.’ | 别把这事拼凑起来 |
[1:28:10] | You won’t like the picture. | 你不会喜欢那幅图景 |
[1:29:01] | Wotcha. | 好啊 |