时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Admit men into our women’s college, | 允许男性进入我们女子学院 |
[00:52] | you would invite the wolf inside the citadel. | 就是引狼入室 |
[00:54] | We cannot underestimate this. | 我们绝不能低估此事 |
[00:57] | The barbarian is at the gate! | 野蛮人已攻到门口 |
[00:59] | Within this college we are safe, we are free. | 我们在学院内是安全 自由的 |
[01:02] | Beyond the pale, we are neither of these things. | 而离开这里 我们就既不安全也不自由 |
[01:05] | We are prey. | 我们是猎物 |
[01:09] | Broken neck. | 脖子断了 |
[01:11] | There are wounds adjacent to the jugular. | 颈静脉附近有伤口 |
[01:15] | Bruising at the trauma site | 创口处有淤青 |
[01:17] | suggests the attacker sucked, | 表明袭击者吸了 |
[01:20] | or attempted to suck, her blood. | 至少企图吸她的血 |
[01:23] | Still think we got him? | 还觉得我们已经抓住他了吗 |
[01:26] | It doesn’t mean… | 那未必代表… |
[01:26] | It means maybe you’re not as smart as you like to give out. | 这代表或许你没你吹得那么聪明 |
[01:30] | We’ve got a passer-by who heard someone whistling | 有名路人昨晚听到曳船路上 |
[01:32] | along the towpath last night. | 有人吹口哨 |
[01:34] | Antonio, would that be? | 是《安东尼奥》吗 |
[01:36] | *Oh, oh, Antonio He’s gone away…* | *安东尼奥 他跑掉啦* |
[01:40] | That’s right. Why? | 对 你怎么知道 |
[01:47] | – In here! – Carl Sturgis… | -这里 -卡尔·斯特吉斯 |
[01:49] | I’m arresting you for the murder of Bridget Mulcahy. | 我以杀害布莉姬特·穆卡尼的罪名逮捕你 |
[01:54] | Examination of the ladder upon which he stood | 经检验 他所站的梯子 |
[01:57] | shows that it was old and in poor repair. | 已经老旧失修 |
[02:02] | There are no suspicious circumstances pertaining. | 并不存在可疑情况 |
[02:07] | And accordingly, I record a verdict | 因此 我将此案裁定为 |
[02:10] | of death by misadventure. | 不幸意外致死 |
[02:15] | *Ave Maria* | *万福玛利亚* |
[02:24] | *Gratia plena* | *你充满圣宠* |
[02:31] | *Maria, gratia plena…* | *万福玛利亚 你充满圣宠* |
[02:39] | It’s not helpful to reopen the debate. | 重启辩论不会有帮助 |
[02:42] | They’re just requesting that we speak to the student body. | 他们只是要求我们跟全体学生谈谈 |
[02:44] | I just don’t understand why they’re asking us again. | 我不懂他们为什么又提出来 |
[02:47] | Of the nearly 40 colleges in Oxford, | 牛津有近40所学院 |
[02:50] | only five are open to women. | 只有5所对女性开放 |
[02:52] | Five! | 5所啊 |
[02:53] | And yet, the faculty are once again entertaining the idea | 可教员们又开始提出 |
[02:56] | that Lady Matilda’s should open its doors to men. | 玛蒂尔达夫人学院应该招收男生 |
[02:58] | I say, no! | 我拒绝 |
[02:59] | – No, no. – Maggie… | -不要 -玛格 |
[03:01] | No! I’m sorry, Warden… | 不行 对不起 学监 |
[03:03] | this is a place of women. | 这是女人的地方 |
[03:06] | And its precincts should remain inviolate. | 其地界不应被侵犯 |
[03:09] | It’s just a straw poll, Mags, of the student body. | 只是针对学生的非正式民调 玛格 |
[03:11] | – Advisory at best. – Advisory? | -至多只是个参考 -参考 |
[03:14] | Well, this is my advice. Drop the idea. | 那我的参考意见是 别想了 |
[03:17] | Because, I promise you, | 因为我保证 |
[03:18] | I will fight any attempt to make this college coeducational. | 我会努力抵制一切把这里变成男女混校的企图 |
[03:21] | I will fight it to my last breath! | 我会抵抗到死 |
[03:27] | *Ave Maria.* | *万福玛利亚* |
[03:40] | There were grounds to believe | 我们当时有理由相信 |
[03:41] | that the person responsible for the murder at Corax House | 在柯拉克斯楼犯下命案的人 |
[03:45] | also killed the barmaid, | 也杀害了酒吧女招待 |
[03:47] | Molly Andrews, on the towpath at New Year, | 茉莉·安德鲁斯 她于新年死在了曳船路上 |
[03:50] | as both women were known to that individual. | 因为两个女人都认识此人 |
[03:55] | It was the flasher that threw us off the scent. | 暴露狂让我们受到了干扰 |
[03:58] | Tony Jakobssen. | 托尼·雅各布森 |
[04:00] | He had his throat cut. Completely different MO. | 他是被割喉 手法完全不同 |
[04:04] | Of course, it’s now clear that Jakobssen was got rid of | 当然 雅各布森被杀 |
[04:06] | because he’d strayed on to the killer’s hunting ground. | 是因为他误入了凶手的猎杀场 |
[04:09] | It’s all very well the Yard picking over our work | 伦敦警视厅事后对我们的工作说三道四 |
[04:12] | with the benefit of hindsight. | 当然轻松 |
[04:14] | The important thing is Carl Sturgis | 但重要的是 卡尔·斯特吉斯 |
[04:16] | is on remand at Farnleigh Prison, awaiting trial. | 已在法穆利监狱 羁押候审 |
[04:21] | He can do no further harm. That’s what matters. | 他再不能伤人了 这才是关键 |
[04:24] | We got him in the end. | 我们还是抓住他了 |
[04:27] | We would have got him a deal sooner if we’d been listened to. | 如果我们的意见早些被采纳 也能更早抓到他 |
[04:30] | Morse meant well, of course, and his record speaks for itself. | 摩斯当然是好意 他过去的成绩是他最好的证明 |
[04:34] | I’m not suggesting any repercussions for him. | 我不是说他应受到责罚 |
[04:36] | Not for a moment, no. But… | 绝不是 但是 |
[04:39] | we invested too much faith in his abilities. | 我们对他的能力太过信任了 |
[04:43] | Backed his instincts too wholeheartedly. | 太相信他的直觉了 |
[04:47] | We gave him his head. Overindulged him. | 我们让他太飘飘然 太惯着他了 |
[04:51] | And he was wrong. | 但他错了 |
[04:55] | And it was a week before he was due to walk me down the aisle. | 我们本来还有一周就要结婚了 |
[04:58] | The past year, it’s all he talked about. | 去年一年 他张口闭口都是这个 |
[05:03] | It was no-one’s fault. | 不能怪谁 |
[05:05] | That’s what the inquest said. | 死因调查是这个结论 |
[05:06] | But I can’t help but blame myself. | 但我还是忍不住怪自己 |
[05:08] | – How’s that? – Money. | -怎么说 -钱 |
[05:11] | We’ve never been well-off, but he did want to make it nice. | 我们一向不宽裕 但他想好好办 |
[05:14] | The wedding. | 我们的婚礼 |
[05:15] | He was working all the hours. | 他加班加点 |
[05:17] | Sold his big car for something smaller. | 还卖了他的大车 换了辆小的 |
[05:20] | He even cashed in a couple of life policies he had. | 甚至还卖了他的几份人寿保险 |
[05:24] | He was alone when the accident happened, is that right? | 事故发生时 他是独自一人 是吧 |
[05:27] | Yeah. The pulley went on the block and tackle. | 对 滑轮组的滑轮掉了 |
[05:31] | Dad had been saying it needed replacing, but… | 他一直说该换了 |
[05:35] | ..Just never got around to it. | 就是没来得及 |
[05:37] | These, er… freak accidents of yours. | 你的这些意外事故 |
[05:41] | I’ve taken a look. There’s nothing there, as far as I can see. | 我看了 但我看不出有什么问题 |
[05:44] | No grounds for opening an investigation, leastways. | 更没必要展开调查了 |
[05:47] | Really? | 是吗 |
[05:48] | None of the deceased were known to each another. | 死者相互之间并不认识 |
[05:49] | And there’s nothing that links them. | 也完全没什么能把他们联系起来 |
[05:51] | Well, I’d like to keep at it. | 我想继续查 |
[05:53] | Not really our place to go looking for work, is it? | 我们不该去找事做 是吧 |
[05:55] | Not when there’s real cases going begging. | 现在还有真正的案子需要查呢 |
[05:57] | Well, I think these are real cases. | 我觉得这就是真案子 |
[05:59] | Then we’ll have to disagree. | 那我们就有分歧了 |
[06:01] | We all make mistakes sometimes, get things wrong. | 我们都有犯错的时候 |
[06:04] | – Even you. – Is that right? | -你也一样 -是吗 |
[06:06] | There’s no shame in it. | 这又不丢人 |
[06:08] | It just makes us be double sure of a thing next time. | 下次我们就得反复确认了 |
[06:13] | How did you know about the song Antonio? | 你怎么会知道那首歌《安东尼奥》 |
[06:15] | How did you know that’s what the passer-by would have heard? | 你怎么知道路人听到的会是那首歌 |
[06:17] | Because that’s what I heard when I followed Sturgis. | 因为我跟踪斯特吉斯时 就听到了这首歌 |
[06:19] | – That’s what he was whistling? – That’s what I heard. | -他吹了这首歌吗 -我听到的是 |
[06:21] | That’s not the same thing. | 那不一样 |
[06:22] | I lost sight of him, I heard the whistling. | 我跟丢了他 然后就听到了口哨声 |
[06:24] | – So, it could have been someone else. – No, it couldn’t. | -那也可能是别人 -不会的 |
[06:27] | We have four people who can stand him alibi | 他女友被杀那晚 |
[06:30] | the night his girlfriend was killed. | 有四个人能为他作证 |
[06:31] | Four people can put him at that New Year’s Eve party | 四个人确认他参加了新年派对 |
[06:34] | – until the early hours of the morning. – They said they did. | -直到凌晨才走 -他们是这么说 |
[06:35] | Not to mention the taxi driver | 更别提那个送他回了家 |
[06:37] | that dropped him off and picked him out of a line-up. | 并且在列队指认时指认了他的出租车司机 |
[06:40] | – It’s past debate now. – Is it? | -这已经没必要再讨论了 -是吗 |
[06:43] | Then, how could he be in two places at once? | 那他怎么可能同时身处两处 |
[06:45] | – It was him. – Why, because you say so? | -就是他 -为什么 因为你这么说吗 |
[06:47] | – That’s right. – All right. Well, what about evidence? | -没错 -好 那证据呢 |
[06:50] | What about Molly Andrews’ crucifix, for example? | 那茉莉·安德鲁斯的十字架呢 |
[06:53] | We’ve turned his place upside down and we couldn’t find a thing. | 我们把他家翻了个底朝天 都找不到那个 |
[06:55] | Not a thing! | 什么都没找到 |
[06:56] | It’s Sturgis. He’s been charged. And there’s an end of it. | 就是斯特吉斯 他已被起诉 就这样了 |
[06:59] | Well, I hope you’re right. Really, I do. | 我希望你是对的 真心的 |
[07:01] | But I think a jury are gonna want more than your gut | 但等上了庭 陪审团会需要更多证据 |
[07:03] | when it comes to court. | 而不止是你的直觉 |
[07:04] | And I’m not wrong. These freak accidents, they are connected. | 我没错 这些意外事故是有关联的 |
[07:29] | About time. | 可算来了 |
[07:50] | I don’t think I’ll ever quite get used to this place. | 我觉得我无法习惯这地方 |
[07:52] | It’s not as if I can come to your house. He might drop by. | 我也不能去你家 他可能会去呢 |
[07:57] | Five months. She should be back soon, shouldn’t she, your friend? | 五个月 她应该快回来了吧 你的朋友 |
[08:00] | New Year sometime. | 新年左右 |
[08:03] | – What does she do again? – She’s a dancer. | -她做什么的来着 -舞者 |
[08:06] | Where? | 在哪跳舞 |
[08:08] | Some discotheque in Beirut. Why? | 贝鲁特[黎巴嫩]的一家迪斯科舞厅 怎么 |
[08:10] | Does it matter? | 重要吗 |
[08:12] | No. I don’t suppose so. | 不 不重要吧 |
[08:15] | Come in, number 23, your time is up. | 回来吧 23号 你的时间到了 |
[08:19] | – What’s that? – Oh, nothing. | -什么意思 -没什么 |
[08:20] | It’s something they say on the boating lake | 就是在湖上划船到时间时 |
[08:22] | when you’ve had your hour. | 他们说的话 |
[08:25] | – You know how it works. – Yeah… | -你清楚规矩 -嗯 |
[08:29] | Ludo and I might be away. | 鲁多和我可能要离开 |
[08:31] | Did I say? | 我说了吗 |
[08:32] | For Christmas. | 过圣诞节 |
[08:34] | Cortina d’Ampezzo. | 科蒂纳丹佩佐[意大利] |
[08:37] | Skiing… | 滑雪 |
[08:39] | Nice. | 不错啊 |
[08:42] | It won’t always be this way. | 不会总是这样 |
[08:44] | Well, we will have to tell him sooner or later. | 我们迟早得告诉他 |
[08:48] | The longer it goes on… | 瞒得越久 |
[08:50] | It would kill him. | 他会痛苦得要死 |
[08:51] | We’re all adults. | 我们都是成年人了 |
[08:54] | These things happen. | 这种事时有发生 |
[08:57] | It’s nobody’s fault. | 不怪任何人 |
[08:59] | It’s funny. | 有意思 |
[09:01] | I think it’s you he’d mind losing… | 我觉得他会介意失去你 |
[09:04] | far more than me. | 远比失去我更介意 |
[10:09] | I’m sure you’ll have made plans of your own, | 我知道你肯定也计划好了 |
[10:11] | but you’re very welcome to have Christmas lunch here with us. | 但欢迎你来跟我们吃圣诞午餐 |
[10:14] | Oh, you’re here, are you? I didn’t hear you come in. | 你来了 我没听到你进来 |
[10:17] | Joan should be home. | 琼应该会回家 |
[10:18] | Thursday. | 瑟斯戴 |
[10:19] | – ‘There’s another body.’ – When? | -又发现了新尸体 -什么时候 |
[10:22] | You know, it’s nothing extravagant. | 也不会很铺张 |
[10:23] | – Where? – Just enough food for everybody. | -在哪 -但会够大家吃 |
[10:26] | And the children get out a game or two for after the Queen, | 看完女王的圣诞演讲 孩子们玩玩游戏 |
[10:30] | – and Fred has a doze in front of the big film. – Right. | -弗莱德看着电影打个瞌睡 -好 |
[10:33] | – We’ve got to go. – I haven’t done your sandwiches. | -我们得走了 -我还没给你做三明治呢 |
[10:35] | – They’ll have to keep. – Mrs Thursday. | -等不及了 -瑟斯戴太太 再见 |
[10:39] | There’s been another one along the towpath. | 曳船路上又死一个 |
[10:45] | Sir. Morse. | 长官 摩斯 |
[10:48] | A cyclist found her about an hour and a half ago. | 大概一个半小时前被骑自行车的人发现 |
[10:52] | Undergrad from Lady Matilda’s it looks to be. | 似乎是玛蒂尔达夫人学院的大学生 |
[10:55] | Name of Petra Cornwell. | 名叫佩特拉·康维尔 |
[10:58] | 19. | 19岁 |
[10:59] | Her digs are a quarter of a mile up the towpath. | 她的住处距曳船路只有一英里 |
[11:04] | Anything from witnesses, passers-by? | 有目击者或路人看到什么吗 |
[11:06] | Nobody’s come forward as yet. | 暂时还没人站出来 |
[11:09] | Nobody heard the whistling or…? | 没人听到口哨声 |
[11:11] | As I say, it’s too early. | 我说了 现在还太早 |
[11:17] | Doctor… | 医生 |
[11:18] | Time of death between eight to 12 hours. | 死亡时间 晚8点到12点 |
[11:23] | At first glance, cause of death would appear to be asphyxia | 乍看来 死因是窒息 |
[11:27] | by means of manual strangulation. | 掐死的 |
[11:31] | Not like the last one, then? | 那跟上一个不一样咯 |
[11:34] | – Well… – No blood, no blood drinking. | -这… -没有血迹 没有吸血 |
[11:38] | That’s something, isn’t it? I mean, that’s something. | 这能说明点问题吧 是吧 |
[11:41] | – Let’s not. – How’s that? Let’s not what? | -别这样 -什么 别怎么样 |
[11:46] | – Oh, it doesn’t matter. – No, no. | -算了 -不 别算了 |
[11:48] | Let’s not what? | 别怎么样 |
[11:49] | Let’s not clutch at straws to save our blushes. | 我们别为了保住面子而乱抓救命稻草 |
[11:52] | Three women, one man. | 三个女人 一个凶手 |
[11:53] | It’s the same killer for all. | 她们是一个人杀的 |
[11:55] | Whoever killed Molly Andrews killed this young woman. | 杀茉莉·安德鲁斯的人 也杀了这个姑娘 |
[11:57] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[11:59] | You’d like that to be true, wouldn’t you? | 你当然希望是这样 是吧 |
[12:01] | Show me up. | 让我难堪 |
[12:02] | “The old man’s losing his touch.” Is that it? | “老爷子宝刀已老” 是吗 |
[12:03] | – I didn’t… I didn’t say that. – You don’t need to. | -我没那么说 -你不用说 |
[12:06] | But before you get all high and mighty, | 但你别急着摆架子 |
[12:08] | let’s not forget you had all this down for Naomi Kane’s killer. | 可别忘了 你还当这是杀娜奥米的人干的 |
[12:11] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[12:13] | But if we’re being honest about it, | 但如果我们真要说实话 |
[12:15] | when it comes to something like this, | 在这样的事上 |
[12:16] | you’ve never really had that much touch to lose, have you? | 你的宝刀本来也不是很锋利吧 |
[12:18] | – Morse… – Well, it’s true. | -摩斯 -本来就是 |
[12:19] | This is what I get, is it? | 这就是对我的报答吗 |
[12:21] | I’ve stuck my neck out for you more than you know. | 我多少次替你担风险 |
[12:23] | Yes, of course you have. Who wouldn’t? | 你当然会那么做了 怎么不会呢 |
[12:25] | I mean, bank robberies, car thieves, yeah, there’s no-one better. | 银行抢劫 偷车 你当然是最好的 |
[12:29] | But if it’s something that demands | 但如果案子需要 |
[12:30] | a bit of intellect or finesse, then… | 更多巧思和谋略 那… |
[12:31] | You arrogant, conceited… | 你个自大狂妄… |
[12:33] | Gentlemen! | 先生们 |
[12:35] | You will conduct yourselves with decorum and the solemnity | 请你们拿出与场合相符的 |
[12:38] | appropriate to this situation | 礼仪和庄重 |
[12:40] | or you will find some other place to stand! | 否则就去别的地方站着 |
[12:43] | If you want to carry on like that, | 你们要再这么下去 |
[12:45] | you find yourself another pathologist. | 就另找个病理学家来 |
[12:48] | – Am I understood? – Max, I’m sorry, I… | -听懂了吗 -麦克斯 对不起 |
[12:50] | Am I understood?! | 听懂了吗 |
[12:57] | Then we shall say two o’clock. | 那2点见吧 |
[13:08] | That’s the face we want to show the world now, is it? | 我们现在就这样了吗 |
[13:11] | Washing out our dirty smalls | 当着受尊敬的 |
[13:13] | in front of respected friends and colleagues. | 朋友和同事为私事吵架斗嘴 |
[13:16] | God almighty, what’s the matter with you? | 老天爷 你们俩怎么回事 |
[13:20] | Well… | 好了 |
[13:22] | I hope you’re both pleased with yourselves. | 希望你们都开心了 |
[13:33] | I’ll put in for a transfer as soon as this is over. | 等此事结束 我就会申请调离 |
[13:36] | Banbury or Kidlington. | 班伯里或基灵顿 |
[13:37] | I think we’ve taken it as far as we can, you and I. | 我觉得我们的路已经走到头了 |
[13:39] | Yeah, I think that’s about right. For the best. | 对 我也觉得 这样最好 |
[13:41] | You said McNutt’s at Kidlington. | 你说麦克纳特在基灵顿 |
[13:42] | Maybe you could put in a good word for me. | 或许你可以替我说句好话 |
[13:43] | Oh, my word’s good enough for that, then? | 这时候又看重我的话了 |
[13:45] | If you want to be on your way, don’t stay on my account. | 你想走 别为我留下 |
[13:48] | I’m not. I’m staying for her. And for the rest of them. | 不是为你 是为她 为她们所有人 |
[13:50] | But don’t worry, as soon as this is over, I’ll be gone. | 别担心 等这事结束 我就走 |
[13:53] | Fair enough. | 好啊 |
[13:54] | I’ll get a patrol car back to the nick, report to Mr Bright. | 我会坐巡逻车回警局 向布莱特先生报告 |
[13:58] | You can talk to her college. Right? | 你去她学院找人谈话吧 |
[14:17] | – Dr Byrne? – Yes? | -伯恩博士吗 -是 |
[14:19] | Detective Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley. | 摩斯警长 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[14:21] | I have it from the Admissions Officer | 我在招生办打听到 |
[14:23] | that you are tutor to a Petra Cornwell. | 你是佩特拉·康维尔的导师 |
[14:25] | I am. | 是的 |
[14:28] | What? What is it? | 怎么了 |
[14:32] | – I am sorry. – Are you? | -我很遗憾 -是吗 |
[14:35] | Then why can’t you stop it? | 那你怎么不能阻止他 |
[14:36] | – Well, we try. – Well, try harder! | -我们尽力了 -那再努力点 |
[14:40] | These are your friends doing this. | 凶手就是你的朋友 |
[14:41] | Your brothers, fathers. | 你的兄弟 父亲 |
[14:44] | She was just lovely. | 她是那么好 |
[14:47] | Beautiful and clever… | 美丽 聪明 |
[14:51] | and kind. Just… | 善良 |
[14:54] | Just lovely. I… | 她那么好 |
[14:57] | – I don’t know what to say. – Maggie? | -我不知道该说什么 -玛格 |
[15:00] | Love, what’s wrong? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[15:05] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:08] | It’s the police, there’s… | 他是警察 |
[15:11] | – I’m sorry, I can’t say it. – It’s all right. | -对不起 我说不出口 -没事 |
[15:13] | I’m afraid an undergrad has been found on the towpath | 我们在草地港桥下的曳船路上 |
[15:15] | beneath the Port Meadow bridge. | 发现了一名学生的尸体 |
[15:17] | It’s Petra. | 是佩特拉 |
[15:19] | Petra Cornwell? | 佩特拉·康维尔吗 |
[15:23] | Wait a minute, I thought you’d caught the Towpath Killer. | 等等 你们不是抓到曳船路杀手了吗 |
[15:26] | He’s in prison, isn’t he? | 他不是在监狱里吗 |
[15:30] | Four victims across the last 11 months. | 11个月来 共有四人遇害 |
[15:33] | The first, Molly Andrews, was found here on New Year’s Eve. | 第一个 茉莉·安德鲁斯 新年时死在这里 |
[15:38] | The second, whom we now believe to have been killed | 第二名 我们现在认为他被杀 |
[15:40] | because he was queering the Towpath Killer’s pitch, | 是因为侵入了曳船路杀手的地盘 |
[15:43] | was Tony Jakobssen, a cook from the working men’s club. | 死者是托尼·雅各布森 工人俱乐部的厨师 |
[15:47] | Third… | 第三名 |
[15:48] | was Bridget Mulcahy at the end of June. | 是布莉姬特·穆卡尼 在6月末 |
[15:51] | She was killed here, | 她死在这里 |
[15:54] | on the way home from her boyfriend’s. | 当时正从男友家回家 |
[15:55] | So far, she’s the only one with this blood drinking business. | 到目前 只有她被吸血了 |
[15:58] | Now we’ve got this undergraduate from Lady Matilda’s, | 现在又添一名玛蒂尔达夫人学院的大学生 |
[16:01] | Petra Cornwell. | 佩特拉·康维尔 |
[16:02] | – No blood business there? – No, sir. | -没有吸血吗 -没有 长官 |
[16:05] | Untouched, in that regard. | 也没被碰过 |
[16:12] | – She lived in digs? – Yes. | -她住在寓所 -是的 |
[16:14] | With two other girls, I think. | 好像跟另外两个女孩同住 |
[16:17] | What’s this? | 这怎么回事 |
[16:19] | The faculty has decided to hold a referendum. | 教员们决定举行全体投票 |
[16:21] | Whether Lady Matilda’s should admit men to college. | 决定玛蒂尔达夫人学院是否该收男生 |
[16:24] | – Will it pass? – Over my dead body. | -会通过吗 -除非我死了 |
[16:26] | Sorry, that was a dreadful choice of words. | 抱歉 这话说得太不合适了 |
[16:28] | I will need to speak to her flatmates. | 我需要找她室友谈谈 |
[16:30] | Of course. | 好 |
[16:32] | Did she have any enemies? Any that you know of? | 她是否有任何敌人 就你们所知 |
[16:35] | She was a pretty 19-year-old woman with a happy disposition | 她是个性格开朗乐观的19岁漂亮女孩 |
[16:39] | and not a malicious thought in her head. | 从没有过一丝邪恶念头 |
[16:41] | Does that invite enemies? | 那怎么会招来敌人 |
[16:43] | It certainly invites attention | 但会招来关注 |
[16:45] | of a kind that isn’t necessarily welcome. | 未必是好事的那种 |
[16:47] | Sorry, how’s that? | 怎么说 |
[16:48] | Petra made a formal complaint last month | 佩特拉上月正式投诉了 |
[16:51] | about a Fellow at Corax House. | 柯拉克斯楼的一名研究员 |
[16:53] | It’s a scientific department attached to Cardinal College. | 那是主教学院的附属科研部 |
[16:55] | Yes, I know it. What was the nature of the complaint? | 我知道 是什么样的投诉 |
[16:58] | And about whom? | 投诉了谁 |
[17:00] | I was just helping her down from a ladder. | 我只是在帮她下梯子 |
[17:03] | She said you grabbed her breast and made a lude comment. | 她说你抓了她的胸 还说了下流的话 |
[17:05] | It was just a misunderstanding. | 只是个误会 |
[17:08] | She had big knockers, you know, proper Hindenburgs. | 她的胸很大 简直赶上兴登堡飞艇了 |
[17:12] | Anyway, she span around on this ladder | 反正 她在梯子上打了个滑 |
[17:14] | and one of those things collided with my hand. | 其中一边胸撞在了我手上 |
[17:16] | And all I said was, so as not to embarrass her, | 我是怕她尴尬 才说了一句 |
[17:18] | I just made light of it, I said, | 开玩笑的话 |
[17:20] | “Well, you don’t get many of those to the pound, do you, love?” | “难得有过磅的 是吧 亲爱的” |
[17:22] | And that didn’t improve the situation? | 这没能让情况好转吗 |
[17:24] | Oh, did it buggery. | 可不是 |
[17:26] | It was a joke, man. | 我就是开个玩笑 |
[17:28] | Only, she didn’t see the funny side, did she, | 但她并不觉得好笑 |
[17:29] | and made a mountain out of a molehill? | 就小题大做了一番 |
[17:31] | But what do you expect? These bloody Matildabeests! | 但也难怪了 这些玛蒂尔达兽 |
[17:34] | The stuff they fill their heads with these days, | 如今给她们灌输的念头 |
[17:37] | card-carrying members of the comfy shoe brigade, | 穿软鞋的持证会员 |
[17:39] | that’s what they are. | 就是这样 |
[17:40] | And where were you last night, for the record? | 那你昨晚在哪 就问一句 |
[17:42] | Well, I wasn’t on the towpath giving Petra Cornwell what for, | 我可没去曳船路上杀佩特拉·康维尔 |
[17:45] | I can tell you that. | 这我可以告诉你 |
[17:46] | It’s awful what happened to her. Truly. | 她的事的确很可怕 |
[17:48] | I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. But… | 我都不会希望我最恨的敌人遭此惨剧 |
[17:51] | ..Nothing to do with me. | 但跟我无关 |
[17:54] | Sir… | 长官 |
[17:57] | Sturgis’ lawyers have called for the case to be dismissed | 斯特吉斯的律师已要求撤销此案 |
[18:00] | and for his immediate release. | 并立刻释放他 |
[18:03] | Neither Division nor the Crown will oppose the request. | 警部和检察官都不会反对他的要求 |
[18:07] | Today… | 还是今天 |
[18:09] | ..Of all days. | 偏偏是今天 |
[18:12] | Sir? | 长官 |
[18:16] | My wife returns from the United States. | 我妻子今天从美国回来 |
[18:21] | Any news on how the treatment went, sir? | 治疗的进展有消息吗 先生 |
[18:23] | Well, it was experimental, but, er… | 是实验性治疗 但是 |
[18:27] | ..We’re hopeful. | 我们抱有希望 |
[18:33] | It is him, sir. | 就是他 长官 |
[18:34] | That’s not how Division sees it. | 警部不这么认为 |
[18:37] | We have to face the facts, Thursday. We got it wrong. | 我们得面对事实 瑟斯戴 我们错了 |
[18:40] | Desperately, hideously so. | 大错特错 |
[18:42] | We got it wrong, and the Towpath Killer remains at large. | 我们错了 而曳船路杀手仍逍遥法外 |
[18:49] | I’ve lost my job, my livelihood. | 我失去了工作 生计 |
[18:51] | My name’s been dragged through the mud. | 我的名声被毁 |
[18:52] | The police knew I hadn’t done it, | 警察知道不是我 |
[18:53] | but went through with this charade. | 可他们还是这么做了 |
[18:55] | Do you mean to take action against them? | 你打算对他们提起诉讼吗 |
[18:57] | I’ve spoken to my solicitor, Mr Vholes. | 我已跟律师 沃尔斯先生商量过 |
[18:58] | He’s advised me that I am reserving my position. | 他建议我不要透露打算 |
[19:00] | And what makes me sick | 让我生气的是 |
[19:02] | is that, while they had me locked up in prison, | 他们把我关在监狱期间 |
[19:03] | the real Towpath Killer has been free to strike again. | 真正的曳船路杀手逍遥法外 又再度杀人 |
[19:06] | And that’s unforgivable. | 那才是不可原谅的 |
[19:09] | I just hope they catch him this time. | 我希望他们这次抓住他 |
[19:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:16] | – He’s not wrong. – But you were. | -他没说错 -但你错了 |
[19:19] | The boyfriend of the first victim? | 第一名受害人的男友 |
[19:21] | He always seemed too obvious to me. | 我一直觉得他太明显了 |
[19:23] | Mm, and he had an alibi. | 而且他还有不在场证明 |
[19:25] | So, I’ve been told, your freak accidents, | 我被告知 你那些意外事故 |
[19:27] | it’s a no-go, I’m afraid. | 恐怕不会调查了 |
[19:28] | That people have accidents, people die. | 人们会出事故 并因此而死 |
[19:30] | What do you want me to say? | 你指望我说什么 |
[19:31] | I don’t know, that I’m not going mad. | 我不知道 我没疯吗 |
[19:33] | That there’s something to my story. That you haven’t given up. | 我不是在捕风捉影 而且你不会放弃 |
[19:35] | Have you… | 你… |
[19:37] | given up? | 放弃了吗 |
[19:39] | Well, I don’t think you’re going mad. | 我没觉得你疯了 |
[19:40] | Well, that’s a relief. Because I think I’ve found more. | 那就好 因为我可能找到了更多案子 |
[19:45] | So, I started to wonder | 我开始想 |
[19:47] | if it was something just happening here in Oxford, | 这是只发生在牛津 |
[19:48] | or if there was something further afield. | 还是在别处也有 |
[19:51] | And? | 然后呢 |
[19:51] | And I turned up nearly a dozen fatal accidents | 去年里 在多弗和尤托克西特 |
[19:55] | in Dover and Uttoxeter in the past year. | 发生了近一打致命事故 |
[19:58] | Off your patch. But I thought it might be worth a look. | 不在你辖区 但我觉得值得一看 |
[20:02] | This is Oxford, though. | 这是在牛津 |
[20:04] | I was at the inquest. A Mr and Mrs Jones. | 我去参加死因调查了 琼斯先生和太太 |
[20:07] | They’d only had the balcony painted a week or two before. | 他们之前一两周才漆过阳台 |
[20:11] | – Did anybody see him fall? – The wife. | -有人看到他坠落吗 -妻子看到了 |
[20:14] | She was crossing to the car, just below. | 她在楼下 正往车那边走 |
[20:16] | He came out onto the balcony to wave her off. | 他走出阳台来 向她挥手告别 |
[20:19] | It gave way. | 阳台就塌了 |
[20:20] | Insurance found the bolts had rusted through. | 保险公司发现 螺栓锈透了 |
[20:23] | But they had no reason to think it wasn’t an accident? | 但他们并无理由认为不是事故 |
[20:26] | Well, I can’t imagine they would have paid out otherwise. | 否则他们也不会付钱了 |
[20:28] | Oh, why? Did she get much? | 怎么 她拿了很大一笔吗 |
[20:30] | He left her looked after. | 他给她留了不少 |
[20:31] | But it’d be a different story if it had been her who fell. | 但如果是她摔下去 可就完全不一样了 |
[20:34] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[20:35] | Their son had got into debt, | 他们的儿子欠了债 |
[20:36] | so she sold her life policy without telling her husband. | 所以她卖了自己的人寿保险 而没告诉丈夫 |
[20:41] | Right. And if she’d gone off the balcony, | 好吧 如果是她摔下了阳台 |
[20:43] | then Mr Jones wouldn’t have earnt a thing? | 琼斯先生就什么都拿不到了 |
[20:45] | Not a sou. | 一分没有 |
[20:48] | Right. | 好吧 |
[21:03] | Miss Tate? | 塔特小姐 |
[21:05] | I wondered if I might talk to you for a moment? | 可以跟你说句话吗 |
[21:15] | I went to the working men’s club. | 我去了工人俱乐部 |
[21:17] | – They said you were no longer there. – I couldn’t. | -他们说你不在那儿做了 -我做不到 |
[21:20] | Not after everything. | 因为发生了那么多事 |
[21:22] | You were very brave. | 你很勇敢 |
[21:25] | – I’m bad luck. – No, I’m sure that’s not the case. | -我就是厄运 -肯定不是的 |
[21:29] | I wondered if I might have a word with you. | 我可以跟你谈谈吗 |
[21:33] | Yeah. | 好 |
[21:44] | I just wanted to ask you | 我就想问你 |
[21:46] | about what happened with molly Andrews on the towpath at New Year. | 茉莉·安德鲁斯新年在曳船路上的遭遇 |
[21:50] | You didn’t see anything… No. | -你没看到… -没 |
[21:51] | ..With Tony? | …托尼出事吗 |
[21:53] | No. | 没 |
[21:54] | I said. | 我说了 |
[21:57] | I just want to put all that behind me. | 我只想把一切抛在身后 |
[21:58] | What about the second girl? | 那第二个姑娘呢 |
[22:00] | Bridget Mulcahy. Did you see anything? | 布莉姬特·穆卡尼 你看到什么了吗 |
[22:02] | – Anything at all? – I just… | -什么都行 -我… |
[22:05] | I just want to be left alone. | 我只想不被打扰 |
[22:07] | Please. | 求你 |
[22:13] | Another girl was killed on the towpath last night. | 昨晚又有个女孩在曳船路上被杀 |
[22:19] | – Did you see something? – There’s nothing I can tell you. | -你看到什么了吗 -我没什么可跟你说 |
[22:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:24] | OK, I’m sorry to have troubled you. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[22:28] | – What’s in there? – Nothing. | -那里面是什么 -没什么 |
[22:32] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[22:34] | Please, don’t! Don’t go in there, please! | 求你 别 别进去 |
[22:36] | – Please, don’t… – It’s all right. It’s all right. | -别 -没事的 |
[22:41] | What is it? Is that what you see? | 是什么 是你看到的吗 |
[22:47] | I thought, if I get it out… | 我以为 如果我发泄出来 |
[22:50] | ..Out of my head, it would stop. | 把它从我脑子里赶走 就会停下 |
[22:54] | But it hasn’t. | 但没有停下 |
[23:00] | And what’s the tinfoil for? | 锡纸是干什么的 |
[23:04] | To keep it trapped. | 困住它 |
[23:06] | It? | 它 |
[23:10] | Him. | 他 |
[23:20] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[23:24] | He comes when I’m not looking. | 我不注意时他就会出现 |
[23:27] | I can smell him first. | 我先会闻到他 |
[23:30] | Like a… | 一种 |
[23:32] | ..A burning smell. | 烧焦味儿 |
[23:34] | Then I catch him out of the corner of my eye. | 然后我会在眼角瞄到他 |
[23:37] | But if you turn too quick, he disappears. | 但如果你转头太快 他就会消失 |
[23:40] | I know he’s not there. | 我知道他不在 |
[23:43] | He can’t be. | 他不可能在 |
[23:44] | But he must be, mustn’t he, if I can see him? | 但他肯定在 是吧 我能看到他 |
[23:47] | Why, can you see him now? | 你现在就能看到他吗 |
[23:52] | Miss Tate, there’s nobody there. | 塔特小姐 这里没人 |
[23:55] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[23:56] | It’s all right, it’s all right, it’s OK. | 没事 |
[23:58] | Come on, there’s nobody there. | 这里没人 |
[23:59] | There’s nobody there. | 这里没人 |
[24:02] | There’s nobody there. | 这里没人 |
[24:05] | I’m really concerned about your wellbeing. | 我真的很担心你的安康 |
[24:08] | I don’t think you should be here alone. | 我觉得你不该一个人住这儿 |
[24:10] | Is there anybody I can call? | 我能替你联系谁吗 |
[24:12] | A family member or…? | 家人或… |
[24:13] | No, no, no. | 不不 |
[24:15] | No, there’s nobody. | 我没人 |
[24:18] | Please, don’t tell anyone about this. | 求你别告诉别人 |
[24:22] | I don’t want doctors. | 我不想看医生 |
[24:25] | They’ve put me away before. | 他们曾把我送进精神病院 |
[24:26] | And I know what those places are like. | 我知道那种地方什么样 |
[24:30] | Please… | 求你 |
[24:39] | There, now. There. | 好了 |
[24:44] | Get out of it! Before you get my toe up your arse. | 快走 要不我踢你 |
[24:46] | Gertcha! | 快走 |
[24:49] | All right, all right. | 好了 |
[24:50] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[24:51] | I grew up in a big pub. Huge. | 我在一个很大的酒馆里长大 |
[24:54] | On the corner of the street. Four floors. | 在街道的拐角处 四层楼 |
[24:57] | On Sundays, in the afternoons, after closing… | 周日下午关门后 |
[25:00] | ..Cousin Kevin would have us all play hide and seek. | 我的表兄凯文会带我们玩捉迷藏 |
[25:03] | Only, I like necks, he called it. | 但他管那个叫”我喜欢脖子” |
[25:06] | Cos if he got you, | 如果他逮到你 |
[25:08] | he’d hold you down and pin a big, fat, wet raspberry on your neck. | 就把你摁在地上 在你脖子上留一颗大”草莓” |
[25:11] | Making out it was all a big joke and a game. | 他把那当做是一场游戏 |
[25:14] | I don’t think it was altogether. | 但我觉得根本不是 |
[25:16] | A game. | 游戏 |
[25:18] | Not to him. | 对他不是 |
[25:20] | He’d count to 100 | 他会数到100 |
[25:21] | and we’d all run off and find somewhere to hide. | 我们都跑开 找个地方躲起来 |
[25:26] | I hid in my aunt’s wardrobe once | 我有次藏在了我姨妈的衣柜里 |
[25:27] | and it was all fur coats and that. | 里面都是毛皮大衣什么的 |
[25:31] | Stoles, you call them? | 是叫披肩吗 |
[25:33] | Things made out to look like foxes or some other animal. | 那些做得像狐狸和其他动物的东西 |
[25:37] | Their paws hanging down and glass eyes on wire. | 它们的爪子垂着 还有玻璃眼睛 |
[25:43] | There was this handbag smell, all stale. | 那里有股手提包的霉味儿 |
[25:48] | Perfume and lipstick and old sweets, | 还有香水 口红和放了很久的糖 |
[25:52] | all mixed up with mints and cigarettes. | 混合着薄荷糖和烟的气味 |
[25:57] | Hello? | 谁啊 |
[25:58] | Let me out! | 放我出去 |
[26:00] | Somebody must have shut the door and turned the key. | 肯定是有人关上了柜门 上了锁 |
[26:05] | I couldn’t… | 我无法 |
[26:07] | And I screamed and screamed and screamed, till I was gasping. | 我一直尖叫 直到我喘不过气来 |
[26:14] | I must have inhaled a feather or some fur, cos… | 我肯定是吸入了羽毛或毛皮 |
[26:19] | ..I sucked it in gasping. | 我把它吸了进去 喘着粗气 |
[26:23] | I couldn’t breathe. | 我无法呼吸了 |
[26:29] | The next thing, I… | 紧接着 |
[26:33] | ..I wake up in my bed and it’s gone teatime. | 我就在床上醒来 都过晚饭时间了 |
[26:37] | I could hear them in the bar downstairs opening up. | 我能听到他们在楼下酒吧开业 |
[26:42] | I must have fainted or… | 我肯定是晕了过去 |
[26:45] | ..Had one of my turns that I have. | 恍惚了 |
[26:49] | And where is he now? | 他现在在哪 |
[26:50] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[26:52] | Dead. | 死了 |
[26:55] | They all died. | 他们都死了 |
[26:58] | There was a fire. | 因为一场火灾 |
[27:00] | I was the only one to get out. | 只有我逃出来了 |
[27:03] | A fireman found me, but… | 一个消防员找到了我 |
[27:06] | ..Everyone else died. | 但其他人都死了 |
[27:16] | There… | 好了 |
[27:17] | There now. | 好了 |
[27:21] | Oh, I’m happy to be home! | 回家好开心 |
[27:24] | I have missed you, Puli… | 我好想你 普利 |
[27:27] | so much. | 好想你啊 |
[27:28] | And I you, my dear. And I you. | 我也想你 亲爱的 |
[27:31] | Was it very bloody? | 非常可怕吗 |
[27:35] | Desperately. | 是啊 |
[27:37] | But Dr Schneider says the indications are good. | 但施耐德医生说 现在状况不错 |
[27:39] | The X-rays show shrinkage in both lungs. | X光片显示两肺叶肿瘤都缩小了 |
[27:42] | He’s hopeful the treatment may have triggered… | 他认为治疗可能让病情进入了 |
[27:45] | ..Some kind of remission. | 缓和期 |
[27:47] | That’s wonderful news, my dear. | 那太好了 亲爱的 |
[27:49] | Just… Just wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[28:25] | Fred… | 弗莱德 |
[28:32] | I warned her. | 我警告过她 |
[28:33] | That’s the thing of it. I warned her. | 关键就是 我警告过她 |
[28:36] | Warned who? | 警告过谁 |
[28:38] | Bridget. | 布莉姬特 |
[28:43] | A day or two before it happened, I was, er… | 事情发生一两天前 我… |
[28:46] | down the towpath. | 去过曳船路 |
[28:47] | She was gonna meet her boyfriend. | 她正要去见男友 |
[28:50] | I got talking to her. | 我跟她聊了聊 |
[28:54] | I told her she shouldn’t be walking on her own down there. | 我说她不该独自一人在那儿走 |
[29:01] | I should’ve stuck to my guns from the off. | 我一开始就该坚持直觉 |
[29:05] | Well, why didn’t you? | 那你怎么没呢 |
[29:10] | People thought different. | 别人不赞同 |
[29:12] | What people? | 什么人 |
[29:17] | Sorry, I should have called. | 抱歉 我该先打个电话来 |
[29:19] | Not at all, not at all. Is everything all right? | 没事 没事 一切都好吗 |
[29:22] | Yes. | 都好 |
[29:24] | – Do you have something to drink? – Of course. | -你有酒吗 -当然 |
[29:26] | – Wine or…? – Whisky, if you’ve got it. | -红酒还是 -威士忌 如果你有 |
[29:28] | Yes. | 好 |
[29:30] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么 |
[29:34] | That’s work. | 工作 |
[29:36] | It looks very gruesome. | 好可怕 |
[29:38] | A catalogue of bizarre accidents? | 都是奇怪意外吗 |
[29:40] | Well, maybe, maybe not. | 也许是 也许不是 |
[29:42] | If they’re not accidents, | 如果不是意外 |
[29:43] | then we’ve something sinister on our hands. | 那这事就很邪恶了 |
[29:46] | So, what is it, what’s wrong? | 怎么了 有什么事吗 |
[29:52] | You’re my friend, aren’t you? | 你是我的朋友吧 |
[29:54] | I mean, I like to think so. | 我是把你当朋友 |
[29:56] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[29:58] | Advice. | 建议 |
[30:01] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[30:02] | My wife. | 我妻子 |
[30:04] | It’s mad, I know. | 我知道这很疯狂 |
[30:05] | But she’s… | 但她 |
[30:06] | These past few months… | 这几个月以来 |
[30:09] | I think she’s seeing someone. | 我觉得她跟别人好人上了 |
[30:10] | Someone else. | 其他人 |
[30:14] | What gives you reason to think that? | 你为什么会这么想 |
[30:18] | She’s been… | 她一直… |
[30:19] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[30:21] | But since we got back from Monte, something’s changed. | 但自我们从蒙特回来 事情就变了 |
[30:26] | But you were in Antibes over the summer. How was that? | 不过你们夏天去了昂蒂布 那时怎么样 |
[30:30] | Twin beds. | 双床房 |
[30:31] | She says I snore. I don’t snore. | 她说我打鼾 我才不打鼾 |
[30:33] | Well, have you spoken to her about it? | 你跟她谈过了吗 |
[30:36] | I’m afraid. | 我害怕 |
[30:37] | What does one say? | 我该怎么开口 |
[30:41] | Oh, I’m afraid I’m… | 恐怕我… |
[30:44] | I’m the last person you should ask about this. | 是最不够格回答这个问题的人了 |
[30:51] | I’m sure it’ll be all right. | 我相信会没事的 |
[30:53] | Give her some time to think about things. | 给她点时间好好想想 |
[30:55] | You know, give her some space. | 给她点空间 |
[30:56] | Yes. Yes, perhaps you’re right. | 对 对 你说得对 |
[31:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:02] | You’re a good friend, Morse. | 你是个好朋友 摩斯 |
[31:21] | Carry on, girls. | 加油 姑娘们 |
[31:23] | A few more laps. | 还有几圈 |
[31:56] | It looks like I might’ve got you out on a wild goose chase, matey. | 看来我是让你白跑一趟了 伙计 |
[31:59] | Accident, right, Doc? | 是意外吧 医生 |
[32:01] | It looks that way. | 看起来是 |
[32:03] | She’s come up the library ladder | 她爬上了书房的梯子 |
[32:06] | for something to the top of the bookcase. | 想拿书架顶端的东西 |
[32:08] | She’s reached for whatever she’s reached for. | 她伸手去够她想拿的东西 |
[32:13] | The ladder’s slipped. | 梯子滑了 |
[32:15] | And she’s fallen and struck her head on the bust. | 她摔倒 头撞到了雕塑 |
[32:19] | Just a freak accident. | 只是个意外事故 |
[32:22] | I noticed the brake on the casters… | 我注意到脚轮的手刹 |
[32:26] | ..Appeared somewhat unreliable. | 似乎不太牢靠 |
[32:31] | Right. | 嗯 |
[32:33] | Time of death? | 死亡时间 |
[32:34] | About midnight. | 大约半夜 |
[32:40] | And everything was just as you found it, was it? | 一切都跟你发现时一样 对吧 |
[32:42] | – Exactly as you found it? – Yeah. | -完全没动过 -对 |
[32:45] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[32:53] | Does she have any family that we can inform? | 她有家人我们能通知吗 |
[32:56] | Both her parents are gone, and, erm… | 她父母都去世了 |
[32:58] | ..She was an only child. Unmarried. | 她是独生女 未婚 |
[33:00] | So, I believe she’d made provision | 她应该是做了安排 |
[33:02] | for her estate to come to the college. | 把遗产留给了学院 |
[33:04] | There won’t be much. | 那应该没几个钱 |
[33:05] | Her house is heavily mortgaged, | 她房子的抵押贷款数额很大 |
[33:07] | and whatever insurance and savings she had | 她不多的保险和存款 |
[33:09] | went on the deposit. | 也都交首付了 |
[33:10] | How’s that? | 怎么回事 |
[33:12] | She redeemed a couple of policies, | 她赎回了一些保险 |
[33:14] | life and annuity, | 人寿和养老金 |
[33:15] | to make what she had to put down on the house. | 来填补她之前买房子时的花费 |
[33:17] | Is there any news on Petra? | 佩特拉有新消息吗 |
[33:20] | Oh, I’m afraid not. | 恐怕没有 |
[33:22] | Well, whoever he is, he’s taken his last Matildabeest. | 无论他是谁 他别想再杀一个玛蒂尔达兽了 |
[33:26] | If you can’t keep us safe, the village will defend itself. | 如果你无法保护我们 学院会保护自己 |
[33:29] | Er, I wouldn’t advise taking matters into your own hands. | 我不建议你们自己解决这事 |
[33:32] | We’ll do whatever we have to. | 我们会不惜一切代价 |
[33:33] | But I swear, no more of us will die! | 但我发誓 我们的人再不会死了 |
[33:38] | Morse! | 摩斯 |
[33:42] | What’s all this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[33:45] | There’s, erm… There’s been an accident. | 发生了意外 |
[33:47] | Er, a fatal accident. | 致命意外 |
[33:50] | What are you doing here? | 你们在这儿做什么 |
[33:51] | We have an appointment with the Bursar | 我们跟财务主管约好了 |
[33:53] | to discuss a charity concert for Ludo’s foundation. | 商量鲁多基金会的慈善晚会 |
[33:56] | But perhaps this isn’t the best time. | 但现在或许不是时候 |
[33:59] | Sir. This is Detective Chief Inspector Thursday. | 长官 这是瑟斯戴高级督察 |
[34:02] | – This is Mr and Mrs Talenti. – Ludo, please. | -这是特兰提夫妇 -叫我鲁多 |
[34:05] | Ludo? | 鲁多 |
[34:06] | – That’s right. – What, like the game? | -没错 -像那个棋盘游戏吗 |
[34:09] | It’s short for Ludovico. But, yes, exactly that. | 是鲁多维科的简称 不过的确和那个一样 |
[34:12] | And what are they to do with here? | 他们和案子有什么关系 |
[34:15] | Nothing, sir. Mr and Mrs Talenti are just friends of mine. | 没有 长官 特兰提夫妇是我的朋友 |
[34:17] | They’re here to see the Bursar. | 他们来找财务主管 |
[34:19] | Well, if you’ll excuse us. | 我们要先走一步了 |
[34:21] | Detective Chief Inspector. Morse. | 高级督察 摩斯 |
[34:23] | – It was lovely to meet you. – Madam. | -认识你很高兴 -再见 女士 |
[34:30] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[34:32] | An accident, apparently. | 据说是意外 |
[34:35] | She fell from a ladder whilst reaching for a book. | 她够书的时候不小心从梯子上摔下 |
[34:38] | – So, where does “apparently” come in? – The lights were off. | -那为什么说”据说” -灯关着 |
[34:40] | Hard to find a book in the dark, I would have thought. | 一片漆黑的不好找书吧 |
[34:43] | You think someone turned them off after she’d fallen? | 你觉得有人在她摔下来后把灯关了 |
[34:45] | No, I think it’s one of Dorothea Frazil’s freak accidents. | 不 我觉得这是多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽的那种意外 |
[34:48] | We’ve been through that. There’s nothing there. | 我们已经讨论过这个了 那没有调查价值 |
[34:51] | Just as likely, whoever found the body, | 完全可能是发现尸体的人 |
[34:53] | or whichever uniform was first on scene. | 或最先到达现场的巡警关的 |
[34:56] | Not that you’d get them to admit it. But it happens. | 你别指望他们会承认 但的确有可能 |
[34:58] | – Well, it shouldn’t. – Well, it does. | -不该有这种可能 -就是有 |
[35:00] | You can’t build a case that someone’s going round Oxford | 你不能因为有一盏灯没有开 |
[35:02] | killing random strangers | 就认定有人 |
[35:04] | out of one light switch not being on. | 在牛津郡随意杀人 |
[35:08] | Anything from the towpath? | 曳船路有什么发现吗 |
[35:11] | No. | 没有 |
[35:15] | Matter of fact, I think we’ve probably got enough bodies on that. | 事实上 我觉得这案子我们人手够了 |
[35:18] | I spoke to McNutt. | 我问过麦克纳特 |
[35:20] | He’s got a spot on his firm that comes free after Christmas. | 他的小组圣诞节后就会有职位空出来 |
[35:22] | Wait… | 等等 |
[35:24] | You’re taking me off the towpath case? | 你不让我参与曳船路的案子了 |
[35:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:28] | Well… | 好吧 |
[35:29] | – Well, there we are. – Right, well, you can’t. | -就这样了 -你不能这么做 |
[35:32] | If you want to catch him, then you need me. | 如果你想抓住他 你就需要我 |
[35:34] | I need someone I can stand on. | 我需要一个我能依靠的人 |
[35:35] | I’m a bagman, not a yes man. | 我是副手 不是无条件服从的人 |
[35:38] | I’m here to keep you on the straight and narrow, | 我有责任确保你走对了路 |
[35:40] | and tell you when I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. | 如果我认为你走错路了 我就得说出来 |
[35:42] | That’s my job. | 那是我的工作 |
[35:43] | Not any more. I’m appointing Siddle bagman. | 今后不是了 我要任命希德尔做我的副手 |
[35:47] | You’re off, I need to get someone else housebroken. | 你既然要走 我得赶紧再训练个人出来 |
[35:50] | – No time like the present. – Right. | -事不宜迟 -好 |
[36:08] | Misanthrope. | 厌世者 |
[36:09] | 30 across, 11 letters. | 第30行 11个字母 |
[36:11] | “Like Scrooge he rouses phantom’s ire.” | “他像守财奴斯克鲁奇一样令幽灵愤怒” |
[36:14] | I was saving that. | 我本想留到最后呢 |
[36:15] | No, you weren’t. You were stuck. | 才不是 你卡住了 |
[36:19] | Anything more from the bundle I gave you? | 我给你的资料有什么新发现吗 |
[36:23] | Well, I’ve been going through Dover and Uttoxeter. | 我翻看了多弗和尤托克西特的案子 |
[36:26] | But I’ve just come from Lady Matilda’s. | 但是我刚去过玛蒂尔达夫人学院 |
[36:28] | I think we’ve got another one. | 可能又出现了一名被害人 |
[36:29] | Dr Nancy Deveen, fallen from a ladder. | 南茜·迪威恩博士 从梯子上摔下来 |
[36:34] | That pub fire I called you about. | 我打电话和你说的那场酒吧火灾 |
[36:37] | Did you get anything? | 你查到什么了吗 |
[36:38] | Er, nothing that mentioned a Jenny Tate. | 没有提到珍妮·塔特的 |
[36:39] | I did find a report from 1949. | 我倒是找到了一则1949年的报道 |
[36:43] | The Wolf’s Head in Watlington. | 沃特林顿的狼头酒吧 |
[36:45] | Three children, two girls and a boy, | 三个孩子 两个女孩和一个男孩 |
[36:47] | orphans, living with an aunt, an uncle and a cousin. | 都是孤儿 跟他们的姨妈姨夫和表兄住在一起 |
[36:50] | – And what happened? – All killed, bar one of the little girls. | -然后呢 -全死了 除了一个小女孩 |
[36:54] | Phyllis Linden. | 菲莉丝·林顿 |
[36:56] | Suspicion was that she had set the fire. | 有人怀疑是她放的火 |
[36:58] | Charges were never brought. | 没有对她提起指控 |
[36:59] | But she was found to be severely disturbed and put away. | 但她被认为精神有严重问题 入院了 |
[37:06] | Well, she could have changed her name, I suppose. | 她也可能改名换姓了 是吧 |
[37:08] | Wouldn’t you? | 换你不会吗 |
[37:10] | Anyway, it’s all in there. Everything I could find. | 不管怎样 我能找到的都在这里了 |
[37:12] | Now, if you’ll excuse me… | 失陪了 |
[37:15] | ..I’d better get over to Lady M’s. | 我得赶紧去玛蒂尔达夫人学院了 |
[37:17] | – Right. – Keep me posted. | -好 -有消息就通知我 |
[37:18] | I will. Thank you for this. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[37:43] | – Come on! – Come on, ladies! | -出来吧 -出来吧 姑娘们 |
[37:45] | Murderer! Bastard! | 杀人凶手 混蛋 |
[37:48] | Don’t let him get away! | 别让他跑了 |
[38:29] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[38:30] | A man called Clemens, sir. David Clemens. | 他叫克莱门斯 长官 大卫·克莱门斯 |
[38:33] | He works at the Morris plant. A keep fit fanatic. | 他在莫里斯工厂工作 狂热的健身迷 |
[38:35] | Clemens… Why does that name seem familiar? | 克莱门斯 为什么这名字这么熟悉 |
[38:38] | He found the first body. Or so he claims. | 是他发现了第一具尸体 至少他是这么说的 |
[38:41] | Molly Andrews, the barmaid. | 那个女招待 茉莉·安德鲁斯 |
[38:43] | His flat is a virtual museum to the crime. | 他的公寓简直是本案的博物馆 |
[38:45] | Newspaper cuttings all over the place. | 到处都是剪报 |
[38:52] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[38:55] | In a coma. | 还在昏迷中 |
[38:58] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[39:01] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[39:04] | No. I don’t know. | 不 我也不知道 |
[39:08] | It’s all just… | 这一切都… |
[39:13] | I was fine and then… | 本来一切都好 然后 |
[39:16] | That whistle. | 他吹的歌 |
[39:18] | It must have been the last thing Petra heard. | 肯定是佩特拉最后听到的声音 |
[39:22] | *Now a ghost wheels her barrow…* | *鬼魂推着她的车…* |
[39:31] | It’s just horrible. | 真是太可怕了 |
[39:37] | Well, we did it, matey. | 我们成功了 伙计 |
[39:41] | I think “we” is stretching it. | “我们”有点言过其实了 |
[39:43] | Whoever did it, it’s done. | 不管谁做到的 一切都结束了 |
[39:44] | “In Dublin’s fair city.” | “在都柏林的集市” |
[39:46] | That’s what Clemens was whistling, according to Dr Byrne. | 伯恩博士说这是克莱门斯吹的歌 |
[39:49] | Molly Malone, not Antonio. | 《茉莉·马龙》 不是《安东尼奥》 |
[39:50] | Why do you think that is? | 你觉得这是为什么 |
[39:51] | Oh, no, no. Oh, no, you bloody don’t! | 不不不不 你别这样 |
[39:54] | If he was whistling something else, | 如果他吹了别的歌 |
[39:56] | it’s because he changed his tune. | 只是因为他换了一首歌 |
[39:58] | Just go home and get some sleep, all right? | 回家睡觉吧 好吗 |
[40:09] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[40:10] | ‘It’s Ludo. | 是鲁多 |
[40:11] | ‘I need your help.’ | 我需要你帮忙 |
[40:13] | Why, what is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[40:15] | ‘I’ve booked a table at Augusto’s for one tomorrow. | 我定了奥古斯托餐厅 明天1点 |
[40:18] | ‘I’ll see you there.’ | 到时见 |
[40:20] | Right. | 好 |
[40:22] | Right. | 行 |
[40:23] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[41:17] | I see you were on the George Fontayne case. | 乔治·方廷案是你负责的 |
[41:19] | A boy went missing from Pierton in 1949. | 一个1949年在皮尔顿失踪的男孩 |
[41:25] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[41:26] | We did a review of it for County ten years on in ’59. | 1959年 我们为郡警局做了十年复审 |
[41:30] | Kidnapping, it was assumed, | 猜想是绑架 |
[41:32] | though no note ever came and the kid was never found. | 但没有勒索条 孩子也没找到 |
[41:34] | Anyone suspect? | 有嫌犯吗 |
[41:36] | The usual. Child molesters and the like. | 就那些人 儿童猥亵犯之类的 |
[41:38] | We pulled them in again during the review, | 我们复审时又把他们抓来了 |
[41:40] | but it didn’t go anywhere. | 但没查到什么 |
[41:42] | What do you think happened? | 你觉得发生了什么 |
[41:44] | Somebody took him, most likely. | 很可能是有人掳走了他 |
[41:46] | Or he drowned. Lots of waterways round there. | 或是他溺水了 那附近有很多河流 |
[41:49] | And he liked to play out. | 而且他喜欢出去玩 |
[41:50] | The canals and rivers were dragged at the time, | 我们当时也搜查了河道与河流 |
[41:52] | but without success. | 但没找到 |
[41:54] | – What’s your interest? – Just something I’m looking at. | -你问这干嘛 -就是看看 |
[41:59] | I thought you’d be down the pub with the rest. | 我以为你会和其他人去酒吧 |
[42:01] | Lukewarm draught and a handful of backside from the typing pool? | 温热的扎啤 再摸摸打字员的屁股 |
[42:03] | – No, thanks. – Let them enjoy themselves. | -算了吧 -让他们开心一把吧 |
[42:06] | – We got our man. – WE didn’t get him. | -我们抓到人了 -不是我们抓到的 |
[42:09] | I don’t think there’s anything to celebrate. | 我觉得根本没什么可庆祝 |
[42:12] | But I’m sure they’ll be rutting in the streets by daybreak. | 但到天亮时他们肯定会在街上发情 |
[42:13] | They don’t need any encouragement from me. | 这无需我的帮助 |
[42:15] | Maybe the way they let off steam is a bit loud, a bit vulgar, | 也许他们解压的方式有些吵闹 粗鲁 |
[42:18] | but at least you can tell they’re alive. | 但至少这证明他们还活着 |
[42:20] | You stand there and you look down your nose at everyone. | 你高高在上 不屑地看着所有人 |
[42:24] | – You’re no better than any of them. – I didn’t say that I was. | -你并不比他们好 -我也没这么说 |
[42:26] | You don’t have to. It’s the way you carry yourself. | 你不用说 你这副臭脸就足矣 |
[42:28] | Nobody’s good enough. | 谁你都看不上 |
[42:32] | No, there was one person. | 不 原本有一个人 |
[42:34] | But he lost his way. | 但他迷失了方向 |
[42:38] | You’ve leave outstanding. | 你已经干得很好了 |
[42:40] | Upstairs would like you to take it before you go. | 上头希望你能见好就收 |
[42:42] | You don’t have to come back in. | 你不必再回来了 |
[42:46] | You should’ve appointed Strange bagman. | 你应该让斯特兰奇做副手 |
[42:48] | You think I didn’t ask? | 你以为我没问过吗 |
[43:33] | What a very smart man I married. | 我真是嫁了个帅小伙 |
[43:36] | You look terribly dashing. | 你看上去好精神 |
[43:38] | My dear, you were never lovelier. | 亲爱的 你才是前所未有的美丽 |
[43:40] | Oh, I think I was. | 我看是人老珠黄了吧 |
[43:41] | Not to me. | 我可不觉得 |
[43:43] | And I should know. | 这我该最清楚了 |
[43:45] | Shall you be long? | 你会去很久吗 |
[43:47] | Just trot up to Division. | 就是去警部一趟 |
[43:50] | A statement to the press. | 给媒体发表个声明 |
[43:51] | Back in time for the six o’clock news, | 回家看6点新闻 |
[43:53] | and a lime juice and gin. | 喝一杯杜松子酒配青柠 |
[43:56] | I’m very proud of you, Puli. | 我很为你骄傲 普利 |
[43:59] | I thought I might buy a tree | 我想着去买棵树 |
[44:01] | and get our Christmas decorations up. | 把圣诞装饰都挂上 |
[44:04] | I don’t want you going up into the attic. | 我不希望你去阁楼 |
[44:05] | There’s no need. | 没这必要 |
[44:06] | – I had Robin do it for me. – Robin? | -我让罗宾帮忙了 -罗宾 |
[44:09] | That nice young man with the faith healers. | 跟信仰治疗师一起来的小伙子 |
[44:12] | He even tested the lights, and they’re working. | 他还测试了彩灯 都还能用 |
[44:14] | Oh, well, if Robin thinks so. | 那好 既然罗宾都说了 |
[44:17] | Then I shall nip out to Richardson’s | 然后我去趟理察森超市 |
[44:18] | and fetch you something special for your supper. | 买点特别的给你做顿晚餐 |
[44:20] | Now, you’re not to go to any fuss on my account. | 你不用为了我大动干戈 |
[44:24] | You’ve taken care of me so well this past year, | 过去这一年你如此精心地照料我 |
[44:26] | these past years. | 过去这几年 |
[44:29] | You’ve always looked after me. | 你一直照顾我 |
[44:32] | And I always shall. | 我还会继续照顾你 |
[44:45] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[44:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:48] | What is it? What’s wrong? | 怎么了 怎么回事 |
[44:51] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[44:52] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[44:53] | I ordered champagne. | 我点了香槟 |
[44:55] | I hope that’s all right. | 我希望没关系 |
[44:57] | A toast, I think. | 干一杯吧 |
[45:00] | What shall we drink to? Friendship? | 我们该说什么祝酒词 敬友谊 |
[45:03] | Love? | 爱情 |
[45:04] | Fidelity? | 忠贞不渝 |
[45:05] | – Ludo… – Quite right. | -鲁多 -抱歉 |
[45:08] | How remiss of me. | 我疏忽了 |
[45:10] | Of course, we should drink to you. | 当然了 我们应该敬你 |
[45:12] | A rose between two thorns. | 两刺之间的玫瑰 |
[45:15] | My darling wife. | 我亲爱的妻子 |
[45:19] | You’re not drinking. | 你没喝 |
[45:21] | What’s, erm…? | 怎么… |
[45:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[45:25] | There’s no getting anything past you, is there? | 什么都逃不过你的法眼 对吧 |
[45:29] | I was visiting a friend at the Swedish embassy. | 我之前去瑞典大使馆见朋友 |
[45:32] | He had to take a meeting with the Minister of Meatballs, | 他当时要跟肉球大臣开会 |
[45:35] | or whatever it might be, | 还是什么大臣 |
[45:37] | so I thought, as I had time to kill, I would call you. | 所以我想着 反正要打发时间 不如打给你 |
[45:42] | I wanted to thank you for your recent advice. | 我想感谢你最近给我的意见 |
[45:45] | But I’m afraid I told a white lie. | 但恐怕我撒了个善意的谎言 |
[45:48] | – Oh, yes? – I told the officer at Castle Gate | -是吗 -我告诉城堡门的警官 |
[45:52] | that I was a Swedish policeman | 我是瑞典警察 |
[45:55] | who needed to speak to you as a matter of some urgency. | 我有急事要找你 |
[45:59] | They gave me a number where I could reach you. | 他们给了我个能联系到你的号码 |
[46:03] | Only, I was puzzled… | 但让我不解的是 |
[46:06] | ..Because it was a number I recognised. | 那个号码我认得 |
[46:16] | Pronto? Hello? | 喂 |
[46:18] | Who is this? | 谁啊 |
[46:20] | What… | 为什么 |
[46:21] | was my wife doing at the end of a telephone number | 妻子会接听 我以为能联系到你的 |
[46:25] | where I believed I could find you… | 属于我认识的地址的 |
[46:29] | ..And at an address known to me? | 电话号码 |
[46:33] | What was it you said? | 你怎么说的来着 |
[46:36] | “I’m sure it’ll be all right. | “我相信会没事的 |
[46:38] | “Just give her space.” | 给她点空间” |
[46:41] | So thoughtful. | 好周到 |
[46:44] | Such concern. | 好体贴 |
[46:46] | What a friend. | 好个朋友 |
[46:48] | What a pal. | 好个哥们 |
[46:50] | We didn’t mean to hurt you. | 我们没想伤害你 |
[46:52] | Oh, well, that’s all right, then. | 那就没关系了 |
[46:54] | I mean, if you’d meant it, that would be different, but… | 如果你是有意的 那就不一样了 但 |
[46:57] | – These things, they happen. – Not to me. | -这种事也时有发生 -不会发生在我身上 |
[47:00] | The heart decides. | 心会做出决定 |
[47:04] | Does it? | 是吗 |
[47:06] | I am sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[47:07] | No. | 不 |
[47:09] | You’re not. | 你不抱歉 |
[47:14] | He knows now. | 他知道了 |
[47:15] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[47:19] | You can come with me. | 你可以跟我走了 |
[47:21] | It’s finished. | 结束了 |
[47:41] | She is used to the finest, Morse. | 她习惯了最好的生活 摩斯 |
[47:45] | A policeman? | 警察 |
[47:51] | Please… | 拜托了 |
[47:56] | I don’t love you. | 我不爱你 |
[47:59] | I don’t feel anything for you. I never did. | 我对你毫无感觉 从来没有过 |
[48:03] | It was a mistake. | 那只是个错误 |
[48:08] | And there we are. | 听到了吧 |
[48:24] | It’s for the best, my love. | 这样最好 亲爱的 |
[49:08] | Detective Chief Inspector Thursday, please. | 请接瑟斯戴高级督察 |
[49:11] | Dorothea Frazil of the Oxford Mail. | 《牛津邮报》的多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽 |
[49:15] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[49:16] | It’s Dorothea. | 是多蕾茜娅 |
[49:18] | Look, erm, if this has come through to you already, | 如果你已经听到此事了 |
[49:21] | you know what I’m calling about. | 那你清楚我为什么打来 |
[49:23] | If not… | 如果没有 |
[49:25] | ..I thought you’d want to hear it from me first. | 你最好先从我这里听到 |
[49:35] | Right. | 好 |
[49:40] | A wonderful, marvellous spectacle, | 真是美妙精彩的奇景 |
[49:43] | the elephant covered in paint. | 大象一身油彩 |
[49:45] | My wife holding its tether, | 我妻子拉着它的缰绳 |
[49:47] | absolutely drenched from head to toe | 被象鼻子喷出的水 |
[49:49] | with water from its trunk, you see? | 从头到脚地淋透了 |
[49:50] | If I might speak to you a moment, sir? | 可以跟您说句话吗 长官 |
[49:52] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[49:55] | In your office, perhaps. | 去您办公室吧 |
[49:57] | Really? | 是吗 |
[49:59] | Well, yes. | 好吧 |
[50:01] | Yes. | 好 |
[50:02] | Yes, of course, if you, er… if you think that’s best. | 好 如果你觉得有必要 |
[50:05] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[50:08] | Drink, hm? | 喝一杯吗 |
[50:10] | Why not? | 好啊 |
[50:11] | You know, I always took a dim view of | 我一向不喜欢 |
[50:14] | officers who took a drink during the working day. | 工作日大白天喝酒的警官 |
[50:16] | But the older I get, | 但我年纪越大 |
[50:18] | I can see it’s a practice not without… | 越明白这也是… |
[50:19] | It’s your wife, sir. | 是您妻子 长官 |
[50:25] | Dorothea Frazil just telephoned my office. | 多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽刚打去了我办公室 |
[50:28] | There’s been an accident. | 出了事故 |
[50:30] | – What? – Your wife, sir. | -什么 -您妻子 长官 |
[50:33] | Yes, I know, my wife, Mrs Bright. | 我知道 布莱特太太 |
[50:35] | What? What are you saying? | 怎么 她怎么了 |
[50:38] | I’m very sorry, sir. | 我很遗憾 长官 |
[50:43] | She seems to have been hanging Christmas decorations. | 她似乎是在挂圣诞装饰 |
[50:45] | She, er… | 她… |
[50:48] | ..Looks to have taken a shock, sir. | 看来是被击了 长官 |
[50:50] | An electric shock. | 电击 |
[50:55] | It’s fatal, sir. | 她死了 长官 |
[51:00] | But… | 但… |
[51:03] | No, you see, I was only… | 不可能 我才… |
[51:05] | with her at home not an hour since. | 我不到一小时前还在家见过她 |
[51:08] | – There must be some sort of… – I’m very sorry, sir. | -肯定是… -我很抱歉 长官 |
[51:10] | No, she’ll be at home, you see. She’ll… | 不 她在家呢 |
[51:13] | I can soon straighten this out. | 我很快就能澄清 |
[51:22] | It just takes her a while to get to the phone, you see. | 她接电话需要点时间 |
[51:24] | – Sir… – It’s quite a way from, er… | -长官 -挺远的 |
[51:27] | from one part of the house to the hall. | 从家里一个地方走到门廊 |
[51:28] | That’s where we keep the, erm… | 我们把电话放在了 |
[51:31] | the instrument. | 那里 |
[51:32] | Of course, she may have gone upstairs. | 当然了 她可能上楼去了 |
[51:33] | Yes, well, I’ll call back. | 我待会儿再打吧 |
[51:35] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[51:37] | I’ll call back. | 我待会儿再打 |
[51:38] | I wouldn’t want her to, er… | 我可不希望她 |
[51:44] | I’ll try her again in a few moments. She’ll be there then. | 我稍后再打 她就会接了 |
[51:47] | She’s not near the phone, you see. That’s… | 她不在电话旁 所以… |
[51:52] | That’s what it is. | 所以才没接 |
[52:02] | He’s in a terrible state. | 他状态很糟 |
[52:04] | Oh, I’m not surprised. | 当然了 |
[52:06] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[52:07] | You’ve heard. | 你听说了 |
[52:09] | Some fault with the wiring, so far as we can make out. | 看起来似乎是电线出了问题 |
[52:15] | – Just a… – What, a freak accident? | -就是… -意外事故吗 |
[52:17] | Don’t start that nonsense again. Have some respect. | 你别又扯那些不着边际的 放尊重点 |
[52:20] | – It’s not nonsense. – I’ve looked at it. | -不是不着边际 -我看过了 |
[52:22] | It’s nothing. There was nothing there. | 根本毫无案子可查 |
[52:24] | There was only nothing there | 之所以没有 |
[52:25] | because we didn’t know the why of it. | 是因为我们之前不明白为什么 |
[52:27] | I didn’t know the why of it. | 我之前不明白为什么 |
[52:29] | But now I do. At least, I think I do. | 但我现在明白了 至少我觉得是 |
[52:31] | You’re not dragging Mrs Bright into it. | 你别想把布莱特太太扯进来 |
[52:33] | I’m telling you. | 听好了 |
[52:34] | If you want to run with this rubbish, | 如果你非要坚持 |
[52:36] | do it on McNutt’s meter. | 去麦克纳特那儿查 |
[52:37] | You’re done here. Go home. | 你在这儿结束了 回家吧 |
[52:46] | So… | 那么 |
[52:47] | What’s the caper? | 怎么回事 |
[52:50] | Right. | 好吧 |
[52:52] | Let’s say you have an insurance policy | 如果你买了保险 |
[52:54] | worth, I don’t know, £10,000, | 价值 比方说一万镑 |
[52:56] | which they’ll pay to your | 你死后 |
[52:57] | nearest and dearest upon your decease. | 保险金会被支付给你的近亲 |
[52:59] | Yeah, yeah, I’ve got one. | 对 我就有 |
[53:00] | Well, you have to in this game, don’t you? | 干这个必须买啊 |
[53:02] | Never know what’s going to happen. | 谁知道会出什么事 |
[53:03] | Cover your funeral, what have you. | 至少能支付个葬礼 |
[53:05] | So, you pay off the policy | 多年来 |
[53:05] | over so many weeks, over so many years, | 你一直坚持支付保险 |
[53:07] | – and then when you… – Bingo! | -然后你… -升天 |
[53:09] | Break out the best bitter and the ham sandwiches. | 拿出最好的酒和三明治 |
[53:13] | But let’s say you wanted a smaller sum in a rush. | 但如果你急着要一小笔钱呢 |
[53:16] | £3,000, say. | 比如三千镑 |
[53:18] | All you’ve paid in to the policy so far | 你目前为止支付的保险金 |
[53:20] | isn’t gonna come near. | 远远不够 |
[53:21] | So, my company comes along, gives you the £3,000, | 所以 我公司来了 给你那三千镑 |
[53:24] | which is more than you’d get | 这比你直接 |
[53:25] | if you were to simply redeem the policy. | 赎回保险能拿的钱多 |
[53:27] | I give you the money, you give me the policy, | 我给你钱 你给我保险 |
[53:30] | I continue paying the premiums, | 我继续付保险费 |
[53:32] | – and then, when you die… – You get the £10,000. | -等你死了 -你拿到那一万镑 |
[53:34] | – Yep. – It sounds harmless. | -对 -似乎没什么 |
[53:36] | It is, if I’m willing to let you | 是啊 如果我乐意 |
[53:37] | live out your three score and ten. | 让你安享晚年 |
[53:39] | But what if I want a quicker return? | 但如果我想要更快的回报呢 |
[53:41] | Let’s say I buy for 3,000, | 假如 我买三千 |
[53:44] | and then, a year later, I cash in for ten. | 一年后 拿到一万赔偿 |
[53:47] | But you can’t cash in. | 但你不能啊 |
[53:48] | Unless the original holder of the policy… | 除非保险的原始投保人 |
[53:51] | can be persuaded to die. | 被”劝”死了 |
[53:55] | Or helped on their way. | 或是有人”帮”了他们一把 |
[53:56] | What do we usually ask in these situations? | 这种情况下我们一般问什么 |
[53:58] | Who benefits? Who gets the money? | 谁受益 谁得到钱 |
[54:00] | Exactly. The husband kills the wife, claims the insurance. | 没错 丈夫杀妻 拿保险金 |
[54:03] | Or the wife kills the husband. | 或妻子杀丈夫 |
[54:04] | But what if they’re complete strangers? | 但如果完全是陌生人呢 |
[54:06] | They’ve had the barest of contact. | 接触也很有限 |
[54:09] | So, someone’s going around buying life insurance policies | 所以有人在到处买人寿保险 |
[54:13] | and collecting on them | 然后去拿保险金 |
[54:14] | by making sure the sellers die in what, | 此人的办法是确保买家死于 |
[54:17] | to all intents and purposes, look like freak accidents? | 看似的意外事故 |
[54:22] | So, who’s behind it? | 那是谁在搞鬼 |
[54:24] | Well, I don’t know. Not yet. | 我还不知道呢 |
[54:26] | How do you want to play it? | 你想怎么办 |
[54:28] | Well, I have to take a run out to Watlington | 我得去趟沃特林顿 |
[54:31] | on another matter. | 有别的事 |
[54:32] | But I have a bundle of these case files in my car. | 但我车里有一堆此类案子的案卷 |
[54:34] | And it’s been happening elsewhere. | 而且在其他地方也有 |
[54:35] | There was a cluster in, erm, in Leicester over the summer. | 夏季莱斯特发生了一系列此类事件 |
[54:39] | – You want to split? – Yeah. | -分头行动 -好 |
[54:40] | What we’re trying to establish | 我们想确认的是 |
[54:41] | is if the deceased has sold a life insurance policy. | 死者是否曾卖过人寿保险 |
[54:45] | Then we can work our way backwards. | 然后就可以倒查了 |
[54:47] | I’ll meet you at the end of the day | 今天结束时 |
[54:48] | at a place called Aspen Park Drive. | 我们去阿斯彭园道见 |
[54:50] | It’s the closest location of these freak accidents. | 是距离最近的一起事故的地点 |
[54:54] | Oh, and, Strange… | 斯特兰奇 |
[54:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[55:17] | Oh, I remember Joe and Bess. | 我记得乔和贝丝 |
[55:19] | They had the tenancy of the Wolf just before me. | 他们是我之前的狼头酒吧租户 |
[55:22] | Died in that terrible fire. | 因大火死了 |
[55:23] | I did the odd stint behind the bar for them when I was young. | 我年轻时 还偶尔在酒吧给他们打过工 |
[55:26] | And what about the children that were here, orphans? | 那住在这里的孩子呢 那些孤儿 |
[55:28] | Bess’ sister’s kids, the Lindens? | 贝丝妹妹的孩子吧 林顿兄妹 |
[55:31] | Sweet, they were. | 他们真可爱 |
[55:32] | The little girls, Phyllis and Doris. | 两个小女孩 菲莉丝和多莉丝 |
[55:34] | I were never too keen on the boy, mind. | 但我一向不太喜欢那男孩 |
[55:36] | – Johnny, would that be? – That’s right. | -约翰尼吗 -对 |
[55:38] | – I didn’t shed any tears over him. – Really? How come? | -我可没为他流泪 -是吗 怎么说 |
[55:40] | Oh, I don’t know. Some kids… | 说不好 有些孩子… |
[55:41] | I don’t know, you can’t put your finger on it, but… | 你说不上来 但 |
[55:45] | he had a nasty streak. | 他很讨厌 |
[55:46] | Did he? In what way? | 是吗 哪方面 |
[55:48] | Cruel to animals. | 虐待动物 |
[55:50] | Pets. | 宠物 |
[55:51] | He blinded Joe’s dog with lye. | 他用碱液弄瞎了乔的狗 |
[55:53] | Nobody could prove anything, but that was the talk. | 没人能证明什么 但大家都这么说 |
[55:56] | I always thought it was the Sturgis side coming through. | 我一直觉得是从斯特吉斯那边遗传来的 |
[55:59] | – Sturgis? – Their maternal grandfather. | -斯特吉斯 -他们的外祖父 |
[56:01] | Old Noah Sturgis. A bargee. | 诺亚·斯特吉斯 驳船船员 |
[56:04] | About as nasty a piece of work as you could wish to meet. | 是你能认识的最讨厌的人了 |
[56:06] | And Johnny was every inch his grandson. | 约翰尼真不愧是他外孙 |
[56:45] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[56:53] | Anybody home? | 有人在吗 |
[56:54] | Yes. | 在 |
[56:55] | What do you think you’re doing coming into my house? | 你怎么就这么进我家来了 |
[56:57] | – Well, the door was open. – So what? | -门开着呢 -那又如何 |
[56:59] | That doesn’t give you the right to go prowling round. | 那不代表你有权进来转悠 |
[57:01] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[57:03] | Mr Sturgis, isn’t it? | 是斯特吉斯先生吧 |
[57:07] | Detective Sergeant Strange. Thames Valley. | 斯特兰奇警长 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[57:09] | What do you want? | 干什么 |
[57:11] | I’m clear of the towpath killings. Hadn’t you heard? | 我被排除了曳船路凶案的嫌疑 你没听说吗 |
[57:13] | – This is harassment. – I’m not here about that. | -这是骚扰 -我不是为那个而来 |
[57:16] | This is, er… another matter. | 是另一件事 |
[57:18] | I’d no thought to find you here. | 没想到会在这里找到你 |
[57:21] | You’ve, er… moved, then? | 你…搬家了吗 |
[57:25] | – Is this your place, is it? – I’m looking after it. | -这是你家吗 -我在帮忙打理 |
[57:28] | For who? | 替谁 |
[57:29] | A family friend. | 家族的朋友 |
[57:31] | The kettle’s on. | 我烧水了 |
[57:33] | Can I offer you a drink? Tea or…? | 你要喝点什么吗 茶 |
[57:36] | If you’re having one. | 如果你也喝的话 |
[57:37] | I never drink tea. | 我从不喝茶 |
[57:39] | Coffee man, are you? | 你喜欢咖啡 是吗 |
[57:41] | After my own heart. | 我也是 |
[57:43] | – Milk and two, if there’s one going. – Sure. | -如果有的话 牛奶 两块糖 -好 |
[57:45] | I won’t be a minute. | 就来 |
[57:49] | So, what’s this about? | 是怎么回事 |
[57:51] | There was a fella that lived here. | 这里之前住了个人 |
[57:55] | Fell off the roof. | 摔下了屋顶 |
[57:57] | Freak accident. | 意外事故 |
[57:59] | We’re, er… | 我们… |
[58:01] | ..Looking into it. | 在调查 |
[58:03] | Trying to trace any members of his family. | 想追查他的家庭成员 |
[58:06] | I don’t know about that. | 那我不知道了 |
[58:10] | Funny that it should be you living here. | 真巧偏偏是你住在这儿 |
[58:18] | Just, er… | 是… |
[58:19] | Just you, is it… | 只有你 |
[58:21] | – ..On the premises? – Yeah. | -住这儿吗 -对 |
[58:24] | Just me. | 就我 |
[59:05] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[59:45] | It’s all right. You’re safe now. | 没事 你安全了 |
[1:00:07] | Jim! | 吉姆 |
[1:00:08] | Jim! | 吉姆 |
[1:00:12] | – Are you all right? – Get after him. | -你没事吧 -去追他 |
[1:00:15] | – Where is he? Which way? – Downstairs. | -他在哪 他去哪边了 -楼下 |
[1:00:18] | It’s all right, miss. | 没事 小姐 |
[1:00:19] | He’ll get him. | 他能抓到他 |
[1:01:40] | – How is he? – He’ll come through, sir. | -他怎么样了 -他能撑过来 长官 |
[1:01:54] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[1:01:57] | Don’t do anything by halves, your boys, do they? | 你们下手还真是彻底啊 |
[1:02:01] | If a thing’s worth doing… | 如果值得拼搏… |
[1:02:03] | But I’d sooner he was alive. | 但我更希望他活下来 |
[1:02:07] | – Morse? – With the girl. | -摩斯呢 -陪着姑娘呢 |
[1:02:10] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[1:02:12] | Physically, she’s lost a little blood. | 身体上 她稍有失血 |
[1:02:15] | There are bite marks to her inner forearm. | 她内前臂上有咬痕 |
[1:02:18] | But thankfully, he’d not much there to get his teeth into. | 但幸好 那里没什么可给他咬 |
[1:02:22] | Mentally… | 心理上 |
[1:02:24] | ..I don’t think she had far to fall. | 我觉得她本来状态就已经很差了 |
[1:02:33] | – He said he was hungry. – I know. | -他说他饿了 -我知道 |
[1:02:34] | But that’s finished now. | 但那都结束了 |
[1:02:36] | The ambulance men will look after you. | 救护人员会照顾你 |
[1:02:38] | What, a hospital? I don’t want to go to a hospital! | 医院吗 我不想去医院 |
[1:02:39] | No, no, come on. It’s not that kind of hospital. | 不 别这样 不是那样的医院 |
[1:02:44] | He’s gone. It’s done. | 他死了 结束了 |
[1:02:48] | You’re going to be all right. | 你会没事了 |
[1:02:54] | – You found her. – Strange found her. | -你发现了她 -是斯特兰奇 |
[1:02:56] | – But you put him on to the place. – No, it was blind luck. | -但是你叫他来的 -碰巧了 |
[1:03:01] | What was Sturgis doing here? | 斯特吉斯怎么会在这里 |
[1:03:02] | – The undertakers that he works for. – Duxbury’s? | -他工作的殡仪馆 -达斯伯里 |
[1:03:05] | The man who owns the place, a man called Aspen. | 这里的房主 叫阿斯彭 |
[1:03:07] | Duxbury’s looked after the funeral arrangements. | 是达斯伯里负责了他的葬礼 |
[1:03:09] | I imagine he died intestate | 我猜他死时没留遗嘱 |
[1:03:10] | and the solicitors are trying to trace any living relatives. | 律师便去找他的在世亲戚了 |
[1:03:13] | So, Sturgis found himself a cosy little bolthole. | 于是斯特吉斯白捡了个好住处 |
[1:03:16] | Well, not so cosy. | 也没那么好 |
[1:03:48] | Remember those cats going missing from the start of the year… | 还记得年初开始失踪的猫吗 |
[1:03:52] | ..And turning up disembowelled? | 被开膛破肚后丢掉 |
[1:03:57] | So, that was him. | 是他啊 |
[1:04:01] | Then he moved on to people. | 然后他开始对人下手了 |
[1:04:03] | Molly Andrews. | 茉莉·安德鲁斯 |
[1:04:05] | Tony Jakobssen. | 托尼·雅各布森 |
[1:04:08] | Bridget Mulcahy. | 布莉姬特·穆卡尼 |
[1:04:13] | Yes? | 是不是 |
[1:04:15] | Yeah, it was him. | 对 是他 |
[1:04:32] | – That could be Molly’s crucifix… – Yeah, it could be. | -那可能是茉莉的十字架 -是可能 |
[1:04:36] | It’s like she was the practice piece. | 她就像是练习 |
[1:04:39] | He got bolder with Tony and… | 到了托尼时 他更大胆了 |
[1:04:41] | ..And more depraved with Bridget. | 到布莉姬特时 更恶劣了 |
[1:04:45] | But he didn’t kill them all. Not the last one. Not Petra. | 但并不全是他杀的 最后一个 佩特拉不是 |
[1:04:49] | So, that fella in a coma in the hospital, | 那么医院里的那个昏迷病人 |
[1:04:51] | the one that attacked Dr Byrne… | 袭击了伯恩博士的 |
[1:04:52] | Clemens. | 克莱门斯 |
[1:04:54] | A copycat? | 模仿犯吗 |
[1:04:56] | Maybe finding Molly Andrews’ body… | 或许发现茉莉·安德鲁斯的尸体 |
[1:04:58] | sparked something latent in him. | 激活了他隐藏的欲望 |
[1:05:02] | I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[1:05:17] | So, who was he, Carl Sturgis? | 他是什么人 卡尔·斯特吉斯 |
[1:05:21] | I think he was Jenny’s brother Johnny Linden. | 我认为他是珍妮的哥哥 约翰尼·林顿 |
[1:05:25] | There was a fire in the pub when they were children | 他们还小时 他们住的酒吧发生了火灾 |
[1:05:28] | in which Johnny supposedly perished. | 约翰尼按说是烧死在那里了 |
[1:05:32] | Jenny, or Phyllis as she was then, got the blame. | 珍妮 她本名是菲莉丝 为此背锅 |
[1:05:35] | But I think the real culprit was Johnny. | 但我觉得真正的凶犯是约翰尼 |
[1:05:37] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:05:38] | Well, they seem to have been tormented | 他们似乎遭到了他们的表兄 |
[1:05:39] | by their older cousin Kevin. | 凯文的折磨 |
[1:05:42] | But to be honest, I think Johnny was already pretty damaged. | 但其实 我觉得约翰尼本就有问题了 |
[1:05:45] | He seemed to have a taste for cruelty to animals, | 他似乎喜欢虐待动物 |
[1:05:47] | which I think graduated to other prey. | 之后渐渐发展成其他猎物 |
[1:05:51] | George Fontayne. | 乔治·方廷 |
[1:05:53] | I think he killed him, | 我觉得他杀了他 |
[1:05:55] | then set fire to the pub to cover his tracks. | 然后烧了酒吧 来掩盖罪行 |
[1:05:59] | And these visions Jenny had of what happened on the towpath, | 珍妮看到的关于曳船路的幻象 |
[1:06:03] | – how do they fit in? – I don’t know. | -又是怎么回事 -我不知道 |
[1:06:05] | Maybe she had a mental connection with her brother. | 或许她跟她哥哥有心灵连接 |
[1:06:08] | Hello, Phyl. | 你好啊 菲莉 |
[1:06:11] | You don’t remember me. | 你不记得我了 |
[1:06:13] | I’d know you anywhere. | 但我总能认出你 |
[1:06:16] | I looked for you so long. | 我找了你好久 |
[1:06:19] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[1:06:20] | Have I changed so much? | 我变了那么多吗 |
[1:06:22] | It’s me, sis. | 是我 妹妹 |
[1:06:24] | It’s Johnny. | 我是约翰尼 |
[1:06:26] | Maybe it was a way of manifesting bad memories. | 也许是一种重现可怕记忆的方式 |
[1:06:29] | She may have seen more than she realised as a little girl. | 她小时候看到的也许比她意识到的要多 |
[1:06:32] | Yeah, she may. | 或许吧 |
[1:06:35] | But it’s all theory, isn’t it? | 但这都是推测 不是吗 |
[1:06:36] | Plus gut feeling and a hunch. | 再加上直觉和预感 |
[1:06:51] | What was it that brought you here? | 你怎么会想到来这里 |
[1:06:55] | You don’t want to know. Strange’ll tell you. | 你并不想听 斯特兰奇会告诉你 |
[1:07:02] | When do you start at Kidlington? | 你什么时候去基灵顿报到 |
[1:07:05] | The New Year, 4th of Jan. | 新年 1月4号 |
[1:07:09] | Like you said, it’s for the best. | 像你说的 这样最好 |
[1:07:23] | Siddle. | 希德尔 |
[1:08:19] | The inquest into the death of Pippa Tetbury, aged 23, | 对居住在威特尼斯坦布尔路15号 23岁的 |
[1:08:23] | of 15 Stamboul Lane, Witney, | 皮帕·泰特伯里的死因调查 |
[1:08:25] | today recorded a verdict of misadventure. | 今天判定为不幸意外 |
[1:08:27] | The coroner reached the conclusion that somehow Miss Tetbury, | 死因裁判官得出结论 泰特伯里小姐 |
[1:08:30] | a dancer lately returned from Beirut, | 这位最近从贝鲁特返乡的舞者 |
[1:08:33] | had pulled down a wall-mounted electrical heater into the bath… | 不知怎么将壁挂电热器拽进了浴缸 |
[1:08:35] | She should be back soon, shouldn’t she, your friend? | 她应该快回来了吧 你的朋友 |
[1:08:38] | The New Year sometime. | 新年左右 |
[1:08:41] | What does she do again? | 她做什么的来着 |
[1:08:42] | She’s a dancer. | 舞者 |
[1:08:44] | Where? | 在哪跳舞 |
[1:08:46] | Some discotheque in Beirut. Why? | 贝鲁特的一家迪斯科舞厅 怎么 |
[1:08:48] | What does it matter? | 重要吗 |
[1:09:16] | “The sum of £2,500 | 共计2500镑 |
[1:09:18] | “Was transferred today into your bank account, | 今天已转入你银行账户 |
[1:09:21] | “Being the full settlement hitherto agreed | 这是双方达成一致的 |
[1:09:24] | “For the acquisition of your life policy.” | 你的人寿保险购买金 |
[1:10:08] | – I need to talk to you, sir. – About what? | -我得和你谈谈 长官 -谈什么 |
[1:10:11] | – Mrs Bright. – What about her? | -布莱特太太 -她怎么了 |
[1:10:13] | It’s about these freak accidents of Dorothea Frazil’s. | 是关于多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽的那些意外事故 |
[1:10:15] | – Not that again! – I think I’ve got to the bottom of it. | -别又提这个 -我想我已经查出真相了 |
[1:10:17] | – I think it’s to do with life insurance. – What?! | -我认为和人寿保险有关 -什么 |
[1:10:20] | Ah, Morse, good heavens. | 摩斯 老天 |
[1:10:22] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:10:22] | We’re losing you to Kidlington, I understand. | 我听说你要去基灵顿了 |
[1:10:26] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[1:10:29] | Yes, sir. Yes. | 没错 长官 |
[1:10:33] | My… My deepest condolences, sir. | 您节哀顺变 长官 |
[1:10:35] | Yes, well… | 嗯 |
[1:10:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:10:38] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[1:10:40] | That’s tremendously…kind of you. | 你…真好 |
[1:10:43] | I was only saying to DCI Thursday | 我刚刚还跟瑟斯戴高级督察说 |
[1:10:45] | how awfully kind everyone has been. I, er… | 所有人都很关心我 |
[1:10:48] | I really didn’t expect… | 我真没料到… |
[1:10:51] | – Yeah. – I don’t think it was an accident, sir. | -嗯 -我觉得这并非意外 长官 |
[1:10:56] | What’s this? What wasn’t an accident? | 你在说什么 什么不是意外 |
[1:10:59] | Nothing, sir. | 没什么 长官 |
[1:11:00] | Did your wife get rid of any of her financial assets lately, | 您太太最近有没有卖过她的金融资产 |
[1:11:05] | specifically her life insurance? | 特别是她的人寿保险 |
[1:11:07] | Because if she did… | 如果她卖掉了 |
[1:11:09] | I fear whoever bought it from her | 恐怕买下她保险的人 |
[1:11:10] | may have had a hand in her death. | 与她的死有关 |
[1:11:14] | What? | 什么 |
[1:11:15] | What do you mean? What…? | 你什么意思 |
[1:11:18] | What does he mean, Thursday? Do you know what he’s talking about? | 他什么意思 瑟斯戴 你知道他在说什么吗 |
[1:11:20] | Not exactly, sir. | 不知道 长官 |
[1:11:21] | – Morse… – I think she may have been killed. | -摩斯 -她也许是被杀害了 |
[1:11:25] | I think she may have been murdered, sir. | 她也许是被谋杀了 长官 |
[1:11:31] | How dare you? | 你好大的胆 |
[1:11:35] | What is this? | 这算什么 |
[1:11:38] | How dare you? You come in here… | 你怎么敢 你就这么走进来… |
[1:11:40] | He’s wrong, sir. Of course he is. | 他弄错了 长官 他当然弄错了 |
[1:11:42] | Are you gone mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[1:11:44] | Why would you say such a cruel and wicked thing? | 你为什么要说这种残忍邪恶的话 |
[1:11:46] | Because I believe it to be true, sir. | 因为我相信这是真的 长官 |
[1:11:51] | Get out. | 出去 |
[1:11:53] | Get out of my station. You’ve no business here. | 滚出我的警局 你跟这里没关系了 |
[1:11:56] | Go on, get out! | 快点 滚出去 |
[1:11:58] | I don’t want you here. Murdered… | 我不想在这里看到你 谋杀 |
[1:12:00] | It was an accident. | 那是场意外 |
[1:12:02] | An accident! | 意外 |
[1:12:03] | I never heard anything so grotesque. | 我从未听过如此荒诞可笑的话 |
[1:12:05] | – Thursday, get him out! – Sir. | -瑟斯戴 赶他出去 -长官 |
[1:12:21] | You have to be in the right, don’t you? | 你非得占理 对吗 |
[1:12:23] | Have to have the last word. | 非得争辩到底 |
[1:12:24] | What’s the matter with you? | 你有什么毛病 |
[1:12:25] | You want to take a look at yourself. | 你最好审视一下自己 |
[1:12:27] | I want to take a look at myself? | 我最好审视一下自己 |
[1:12:28] | If you had your mind on the job and not this flighty piece, | 如果你的心思在工作上而不是那个轻浮的女人上 |
[1:12:31] | you might not be in such a mess. | 你也许就不会弄得如此狼狈 |
[1:12:32] | Sorry, what flighty piece? | 什么轻浮的女人 |
[1:12:33] | I saw you together in the summer. | 夏天时我看到你们在一起了 |
[1:12:35] | Parked down by the canal. | 把车停在运河边 |
[1:12:36] | I ran the registration. | 我查了车牌 |
[1:12:38] | The car’s in her husband’s name. Talenti. | 那辆车在她丈夫名下 特兰提 |
[1:12:40] | Well, | 好吧 |
[1:12:42] | you had no right to do that. | 你没权利这么做 |
[1:12:44] | Maybe not. But nor had you. | 我或许没有 但你也没有 |
[1:13:02] | They come easy, don’t they, the lies, once they start? | 撒过一次谎 便张口就来了 是吗 |
[1:13:06] | I’m afraid. | 我是怕 |
[1:13:08] | I can’t save you. | 我无法拯救你 |
[1:13:14] | Then no-one can. | 那就没人能了 |
[1:13:29] | The results are in. | 结果出来了 |
[1:13:30] | The barbarian is denied the citadel. | 野蛮人被拒之门外了 |
[1:13:34] | You kept them out, Maggie. | 是你拦住了他们 玛格 |
[1:13:35] | We kept them out. | 是我们拦住了他们 |
[1:13:37] | But for how long? | 但能坚持多久呢 |
[1:13:39] | One day at a time. | 慢慢来吧 |
[1:13:41] | I’ll see you in the New Year. | 新年再见 |
[1:14:04] | Why don’t you call him? | 你为什么不叫他来 |
[1:14:12] | He’ll be with his people, I expect. | 他应该和同事在一起吧 |
[1:14:37] | Well, good heavens. This is a surprise. | 天呐 真没想到 |
[1:14:41] | Well, I just thought I’d see how you were, sir. | 我只是想来看看你怎么样了 长官 |
[1:14:44] | Christmas and all. | 圣诞节嘛 |
[1:14:46] | I’ve… never gone in for it much, myself. | 我其实一向不怎么看重这个 |
[1:14:53] | Carrie did. Mrs Bright. But, erm… | 卡丽看重这个 布莱特太太 但… |
[1:14:56] | You should’ve come to us, sir. You’d be more than welcome. | 那您该来我们家 长官 我们非常欢迎 |
[1:14:59] | Yes, you did offer. And, er… | 没错 你的确邀请我了 |
[1:15:02] | And it was very kind of you, but I couldn’t… | 很感谢你这么做 但我无法… |
[1:15:05] | face people, I suppose. | 面对别人吧 |
[1:15:09] | Drink? | 喝一杯吗 |
[1:15:11] | – Please. – Yeah. | -好的 -好 |
[1:15:19] | I, er, went by Morse’s. | 我路过了摩斯家 |
[1:15:22] | Oh, doing your rounds? How is he? | 轮流拜访吗 他怎么样 |
[1:15:24] | No reply. The place in darkness. | 没人应门 也没亮灯 |
[1:15:27] | Well, if you do see him… | 如果你见到他… |
[1:15:30] | Well, you’ll know what to say. | 你知道该说些什么 |
[1:15:32] | I wasn’t at my best when I last saw him. | 我上次见到他时 状态不好 |
[1:15:35] | Understandable, sir. | 可以理解 长官 |
[1:15:36] | Even so. | 尽管如此 |
[1:15:38] | He’s been very good with me the past five years, | 这五年来 他和我一直相处融洽 |
[1:15:41] | one way and another. | 总的说来吧 |
[1:15:44] | We didn’t get off to the best of starts, | 我们一开始时虽然不太对付 |
[1:15:46] | but I like to think I’ve… | 但我认为我… |
[1:15:48] | ..I’ve unbent somewhat. | 我已经缓和了许多 |
[1:15:52] | He was right, you know? | 你知道吗 他说的对 |
[1:15:55] | We did redeem our life insurance policies, both of us, | 我们的确赎回了寿险保单 我和我太太都是 |
[1:15:58] | so we could afford the trip to America. | 这才有足够的钱去美国 |
[1:16:01] | I won’t have any of the rest of it, but, erm… | 其他的事我不相信 但… |
[1:16:07] | No, he was right about that. | 关于这一点他是对的 |
[1:16:22] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:16:24] | It’s for our Joan. Forwarded. | 是给我们琼的 转寄了过来 |
[1:16:26] | But I’ve opened them, in case they’re important. | 但我打开看了 以免是什么重要物品 |
[1:16:29] | It’s from Morse. | 是摩斯寄来的 |
[1:16:32] | There’s a letter. | 有封信 |
[1:16:35] | Go on, then. | 你读吧 |
[1:16:37] | “Dear Miss Thursday… | 亲爱的瑟斯戴小姐 |
[1:16:40] | “..Contained herein | 随信附上的是 |
[1:16:41] | “are materials that I ask you bring to the attention of your father. | 我想拜托你交给你父亲看的材料 |
[1:16:46] | “All he needs to understand is here enclosed. | 他需要了解的情况都在这里 |
[1:16:56] | “To my lasting regret we parted on poor terms. | 很遗憾我与他分别时不是很愉快 |
[1:17:03] | “The fault was mine entirely. | 这都是我的错 |
[1:17:06] | “He has ever been…” | 他一直… |
[1:17:08] | I can’t. | 我读不下去了 |
[1:17:16] | “He has ever been the best and wisest of men… | 他一直是我认识的最优秀 最睿智的人 |
[1:17:21] | “..And a better friend to me than I could have wished for or deserved. | 是我配不上 三生有幸才会拥有的好朋友 |
[1:17:26] | “I let him down. | 我让他失望了 |
[1:17:30] | “I am sorry to presume upon you… | 我很抱歉要你代为转达 |
[1:17:33] | “..But I’ve burnt all my bridges… | 但我已自断了后路 |
[1:17:36] | “..And you are the last and only person I can think of | 而你是我唯一能想到 |
[1:17:40] | “Who might extend to me the benefit of the doubt. | 还会给我一点信任的人 |
[1:17:44] | “Please forgive my brevity, | 请原谅我的信如此简练 |
[1:17:46] | “I have to make the boat train to Venice. | 我还得坐海陆联运列车去威尼斯 |
[1:17:49] | “There’s never the time to say all that one would wish. | 想说的话总是没时间说完 |
[1:17:52] | “As you will no doubt hear, | 你肯定会听说 |
[1:17:54] | “I have made an appalling mess of things. | 我把事情弄得一团糟 |
[1:17:57] | “Much of it I can’t put right. | 许多事我无法改变 |
[1:18:00] | “But I should have failed even further | 但如果我不尽我所能 |
[1:18:01] | “Were I not to try to retrieve what I can | 去挽回我所造成的局面 |
[1:18:03] | “from a situation wholly of my own making. | 便是更大的失败 |
[1:18:11] | “Should I fall short… | 要是我功亏一篑 |
[1:18:13] | “..And things end badly… | 一切以悲剧收场 |
[1:18:16] | “..Please believe me to have been… | 请相信我始终是… |
[1:18:19] | “..yours, always. | 你忠诚的朋友 |
[1:18:23] | “Morse.” | 摩斯 |
[1:18:28] | My father took me there when I was a girl. | 我父亲在我小时候带我去过那里 |
[1:18:31] | And I go back every New Year’s Eve to remember him. | 我每年新年都会回去缅怀他 |
[1:18:35] | It is my pilgrimage. | 那是我的朝圣之路 |
[1:18:44] | – Do you believe in sin? – No. | -你相信罪孽吗 -不 |
[1:18:47] | Damnation? | 诅咒呢 |
[1:18:49] | It’s a bit late for that, isn’t it? | 现在想那个晚了吧 |
[1:19:35] | Violetta… | 维奥莱塔 |
[1:19:37] | Come on. | 跟我来 |
[1:19:41] | – What do you want? – What do I want? | -你想干什么 -我想干什么 |
[1:19:42] | I want an explanation, Senora Talenti. | 我想要一个解释 特兰提夫人 |
[1:19:46] | If that’s even your real name. | 如果那真是你的名字 |
[1:19:48] | I mean, I know your presence wasn’t required | 我知道这些意外事故 |
[1:19:50] | to stand up all of these freak accidents in every particular. | 并非每一件都需要你出面 |
[1:19:55] | – What do you want me to say? – I want you to say… | -你想让我说什么 -我想听你说… |
[1:19:59] | that you’re sorry. | 你很抱歉 |
[1:20:00] | – That’s what I want you to say. – Of course I’m sorry. | -我就想听你说这个 -我当然很抱歉 |
[1:20:03] | I tried to tell you so many times. I told you I was afraid. | 我曾好多次想告诉你 我说过我害怕 |
[1:20:06] | You remember, in the car, | 你还记得吗 在车里 |
[1:20:07] | when you met me that first time in Oxford? | 你第一次在牛津跟我私会时 |
[1:20:08] | No, you didn’t say that. You didn’t. | 不 你没那么说 |
[1:20:11] | You said that you were scared of losing something good. | 你说你怕失去美好的东西 |
[1:20:13] | I was frightened to tell you the truth. | 我不敢告诉你真相 |
[1:20:15] | How could I? The terrible things he made me do. | 我怎么能说 他逼我做的那些可怕的事 |
[1:20:18] | – Oh, come on, spare me. – You don’t understand, I had to! | -得了 少来了 -不懂 我必须那么做 |
[1:20:20] | He would have killed me if I hadn’t gone along with it. | 我如果不配合 他会杀了我 |
[1:20:25] | – Morse… – No, don’t. Don’t do that. | -摩斯 -不 你别 |
[1:20:28] | It’s done. | 结束了 |
[1:20:30] | That’s finished. That’s over. | 那都完了 过去了 |
[1:20:32] | If it was ever even true to begin with. | 如果曾经有过哪怕一分真 |
[1:20:37] | Anyway, I’m here to take you both in. | 不管怎样 我是来抓你们的 |
[1:20:42] | It’s Ludo you want. | 你要的是鲁多 |
[1:20:45] | I can give him to you. | 我可以让你抓到他 |
[1:20:47] | And I will. | 我帮你 |
[1:20:49] | But if I do that, you have to give me 24 hours | 但如果我那么做了 你得给我24小时 |
[1:20:51] | before you come after me. | 然后再来抓我 |
[1:20:55] | If we ever meant anything to one another. | 如果我们曾对彼此有过任何意义 |
[1:23:06] | Well, well. What a pleasant surprise. | 真是个美妙的惊喜 |
[1:23:10] | How was it to be Morse? Was she to betray me with a kiss? | 是怎么回事 摩斯 她以一吻背叛了我吗 |
[1:23:15] | 24 hours, wasn’t that your squalid little bargain? | 24小时 那是你们肮脏的小交易吧 |
[1:23:18] | Her price for selling me out. | 她出卖我的价格 |
[1:23:20] | – What have you done to her? – Oh, please. Such drama. | -你把她怎么了 -拜托 这么夸张 |
[1:23:23] | Fear not, she’ll be along. | 别担心 她就来 |
[1:23:25] | We wouldn’t want her to miss the end. | 我们可不希望她错过结局 |
[1:23:27] | This is the end. I’m here to take you in. | 这就是结局 我来抓你回去 |
[1:23:29] | Aren’t you forgetting something? | 你忘了什么吧 |
[1:23:31] | We are beyond your jurisdiction. | 我们不在你的辖区内 |
[1:23:33] | Well, you can tell that to the Italian police | 你跟意大利警察说去吧 |
[1:23:35] | while I’m organising your extradition. | 我会安排你被引渡回去 |
[1:23:37] | – Tell them what, exactly? – About the people that you’ve killed. | -跟他们说什么呢 -你杀的那些人 |
[1:23:40] | I’ve killed no-one. My hands are innocent of blood. | 我没杀谁 我的手上没沾血 |
[1:23:43] | Spotless. | 一点没有 |
[1:23:44] | Just like my conscience. | 我的良心也一样清白 |
[1:23:47] | Buying the life insurance policies was my little wheeze, certainly. | 我的确买了人寿保险 |
[1:23:50] | But it was fate that spun the wheel… | 但是命运转动了轮盘 |
[1:23:52] | with a little help from my glamorous assistant. | 而我美丽的助手也帮了忙 |
[1:23:55] | We all have our entrances and our exits, Morse. | 我们都有出场和退场 摩斯 |
[1:23:58] | Our parts to play. | 我们要扮演的角色 |
[1:24:01] | Even you. | 你也是 |
[1:24:04] | – Why, what was my part? – You were my useful idiot. | -是吗 我演了什么 -我有用的白痴 |
[1:24:09] | – My pet policeman. – Right, enough, enough! | -被我耍弄的警察 -够了 |
[1:24:12] | Do you want to see her alive again, or don’t you? | 你还想见到活着的她吧 |
[1:24:28] | I gave them a chance. All of them. | 我给过他们机会 他们所有人 |
[1:24:30] | If the glazier had maintained his pulley. | 如果那个玻璃匠注意维修他的轮滑组 |
[1:24:33] | If Aspen had taken better care of his ladder. | 如果阿斯彭好好保养了他的梯子 |
[1:24:35] | And Mrs Bright? | 布莱特太太呢 |
[1:24:36] | As a matter of fact, I quite liked her. | 事实上 我还挺喜欢她 |
[1:24:39] | – You knew her? – Of course. | -你认识她 -当然 |
[1:24:41] | I had to be on the inside to gain access to their decorations. | 我得进入他们家 才能动手脚 |
[1:24:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:24:47] | Rest. | 休息吧 |
[1:24:49] | It’s 50-50, Morse. | 是赌运气 摩斯 |
[1:24:51] | Always. | 一向都是 |
[1:24:53] | Oh, they’re closing the cemetery. | 他们要关闭公墓了 |
[1:24:55] | And there we are, right on cue. | 来了 时间正好 |
[1:25:12] | Violetta? | 维奥莱塔 |
[1:25:14] | You really don’t have a clue, do you? | 你真是什么都不明白 是吧 |
[1:25:16] | She’s a fraud, Morse. | 她是个骗子 摩斯 |
[1:25:19] | Every word she’s ever told you was a lie. | 她跟你说的每句话都是谎言 |
[1:25:22] | When I found her, she was 15, | 我发现她时 她才15岁 |
[1:25:23] | living barefoot on the backstreets of Naples. | 赤脚生活在那不勒斯的后街小巷 |
[1:25:27] | I’ve given her the world. | 我给了她整个世界 |
[1:25:29] | You don’t even know her real name. | 而你都不知道她的真名 |
[1:25:35] | Put the gun down, Morse. On the floor. | 放下枪 摩斯 放地上 |
[1:25:36] | Put it down. | 放下 |
[1:25:39] | – You won’t do it. – Once, perhaps, you would have been right. | -你不会的 -或许曾经不会 |
[1:25:42] | You were meant to be my creature, not hers. | 你本该是我的玩物 不是她的 |
[1:25:45] | And then you went and spoiled it all, didn’t you, my darling? | 可你非要毁了一切 是吧 亲爱的 |
[1:25:50] | Put the gun down. | 放下枪 |
[1:25:55] | Please… | 求你 |
[1:26:00] | All right. | 好 |
[1:26:03] | All right. | 好 |
[1:26:16] | Just let her go. | 放她走吧 |
[1:26:22] | Come on, if we’re going to get the last boat. | 快走吧 如果我们还想赶上最后一趟船 |
[1:26:24] | I should have done for you in England, | 我在英国就该杀了你 |
[1:26:26] | but she convinced me that a dead policeman | 但她说服我 杀警察 |
[1:26:27] | wasn’t in our best interests. | 对我们不会有好处 |
[1:26:29] | You said we were going to let him go. It was just a warning. | 你说你会放了他 就警告他一下 |
[1:26:32] | That was the promise, that was the plan. | 你是这么说的 这是我们的计划 |
[1:26:44] | Plans change. | 计划有变 |
[1:26:46] | No! | 不 |
[1:26:56] | Violetta… | 维奥莱塔 |
[1:27:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:27:05] | I’m so sorry… | 真对不起 |
[1:27:16] | Drop it. | 放下 |
[1:28:03] | I’ve done terrible things. | 我干了坏事 |
[1:28:07] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓了 |
[1:28:08] | Nothing matters. | 都无所谓了 |
[1:28:12] | It was true. | 是真的 |
[1:28:14] | Us. | 我们 |
[1:28:17] | Always. | 一直都是 |
[1:28:24] | Ti amo. | 我爱你 |