时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | ‘At The Jolly Rajah, | 快乐王公餐馆 |
[00:03] | ‘we use only the freshest spices, the choicest meat | 我们只选最新鲜的香料 最上等的肉 |
[00:06] | ‘and the highest quality vegetables, | 最好的蔬菜 |
[00:07] | ‘to bring you the very best of Indian cuisine. | 为您带来最美味的印度佳肴 |
[00:10] | ‘From a romantic dinner to a full wedding reception, | 无论是浪漫晚餐 还是盛大婚宴 |
[00:13] | ‘The Jolly Rajah, | 快乐王公餐馆 |
[00:14] | ‘only two minutes’ walk from this cinema.’ | 距本剧院只有两分钟脚程 |
[00:25] | ‘For a better Oxford, and a better Britain, | 为了更好的牛津 更好的不列颠 |
[00:28] | ‘this Thursday, 18th June, vote Conservative | 6月18日本周四 投票给保守党 |
[00:32] | ‘because a vote for the Conservative Party | 因为投给保守党的一票 |
[00:34] | ‘is a vote for a better tomorrow.’ | 就是投给更好明天的一票 |
[00:49] | Adam, “Danger Man”, Sloane! | “危险人物”亚当·斯隆 |
[00:56] | And all the way from Africa… | 从非洲远道而来 |
[01:00] | it’s Johnny Simba! | 约翰尼·辛巴 |
[01:29] | ‘How is she, Doctor?’ | 她怎么样了 医生 |
[01:30] | Perhaps better than one might expect. | 或许比想象得要好些 |
[01:32] | There will be good days. | 会有情况比较好的日子 |
[01:34] | ‘It’s no accident that | 我用”入侵”这个词 |
[01:35] | I use the word “invasion” advisedly.’ | 是经过了慎重考虑 仔细挑选 |
[01:38] | Because it contains the word “Asian”. | 因为这个词里就包含了”亚裔” |
[01:42] | Since the war, we have been literally swamped | 战后 我们国家涌入了 |
[01:46] | with a tidal wave of people | 一大批人 |
[01:48] | from our former territories and colonies. | 他们来自我们的前领土和殖民地 |
[01:50] | But we left! We gave them their countries back! | 但我们都走了 我们都把他们的国家还给他们了 |
[01:54] | ‘If the British Movement is about one thing, | 如果说不列颠运动是为了什么 |
[01:56] | ‘it’s about British jobs for British workers.’ | 那就是让英国工人能做上英国工作 |
[01:58] | Yes! | 对 |
[01:59] | ‘British homes for British families! | 英国家庭能住上英国房子 |
[02:02] | ‘And British hospitals for British patients!’ | 英国医院收治英国病人 |
[02:05] | Yes! | 对 |
[02:06] | ‘It’s not the colour of your passport | 并不是你护照的颜色 |
[02:08] | that makes you British. | 决定了你是英国人 |
[02:09] | – ‘It’s the colour of your skin!’ – ‘Yes!’ | -而是你皮肤的颜色 -对 |
[02:20] | Don’t let the food get cold, eh? | 别让食物凉了 |
[02:27] | Salim! | 萨利姆 |
[02:34] | ‘Et Voila! | 美食完成 |
[02:35] | ‘Tournedos Rossini, | 罗西尼牛排 |
[02:36] | finished in a madeira demi-glace sauce. | 最后浇上马德拉半冰沙司 |
[02:39] | ‘Together with a glass of rose… | 再陪一杯玫瑰红酒 |
[02:42] | ‘Very sexy. | 非常性感 |
[02:43] | ‘This is Oberon Prince wishing you, “Bon appetit”.’ | 我是欧博朗·普林斯 祝您好胃口 |
[03:08] | Where you going? | 你们去哪 |
[03:11] | Where are you going? | 你们想去哪 |
[03:14] | Come on! | 来啊 |
[03:55] | Of all the opera houses in all of Venice, hey? | 威尼斯那么多歌剧院 偏偏… |
[03:59] | – Do you believe in sin? – No. | -你相信罪孽吗 -不 |
[04:02] | Damnation? | 诅咒呢 |
[04:03] | It’s a bit late for that, isn’t it? | 现在想那个晚了吧 |
[04:06] | ‘Morse, come and meet my wife.’ | 摩斯 来见见我妻子 |
[04:11] | ‘Some things are unforgivable, though, don’t you think?’ | 但有些事是不可原谅的 不是吗 |
[04:15] | ‘Honestly, if I wasn’t such a trusting soul, | 说真的 要不是我容易轻信 |
[04:17] | ‘I’d think she’d taken a lover. | 我会以为她有情人了 |
[04:21] | ‘But you wouldn’t do that to me. Would you, darling?’ | 但你不会那么对我 是吧 亲爱的 |
[04:30] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[04:42] | Right, well, we’ll be in touch. | 好 我们再联系 |
[04:44] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[05:14] | Sod it. | 去他的 |
[05:17] | Jolly Rajah. Silver service. | 快乐王公餐馆 优质服务 |
[05:20] | A chicken vindaloo, pilau rice… | 鸡肉咖喱 肉饭 |
[05:24] | So, er… one lamb bhuna. | 好 羔羊烩咖喱 |
[05:27] | I’m sorry, chicken, er, jalfrezi, yeah. No? | 对不起 是鸡肉…什锦咖喱 不对吗 |
[05:34] | That’ll do, lads. Old style wrestling. | 这就对了 各位 老式摔跤 |
[05:39] | Dad? Dad? Let me. | 爸爸 我来吧 |
[05:41] | – I… I’ve got it. – No, no, it’s all right. | -我行的 -不 没事 |
[05:43] | You just, er… just take a minute. | 你…去休息一下吧 |
[05:48] | – Yeah? – Yes, yes. | -行吧 -嗯 |
[05:50] | Yes, sir. | 你好 先生 |
[05:51] | ‘You’ll be at it for most of the afternoon.’ | 你要耗掉大半个下午了 |
[05:52] | – ‘You won’t be the only one!’ – ‘Oh, you saucy beggar!’ | -我又不只见你 -你真坏 |
[06:05] | – How is he? – Confused, Uncle. | -他怎么样了 -糊涂 叔叔 |
[06:08] | He keeps laying and relaying table four. | 他一遍遍地摆4号桌 |
[06:11] | I left a message for Farook. | 我给法鲁克留了消息 |
[06:13] | You don’t think it could be a stroke | 会不会是中风 |
[06:15] | or something, do you? | 还是什么的 |
[06:16] | Your brother, Farook, will know. | 你哥哥法鲁克肯定知道 |
[06:17] | Aziz, that’s the last of the night. | 阿齐兹 那是今晚最后的订单了 |
[06:20] | Five drops, and then home. | 五单 然后就回来 |
[06:31] | Excuse me… Boys. | 不好意思 小伙子们 |
[06:33] | – Boys! – Yeah. | -小伙子们 -嗯 |
[06:34] | It’s my wine, you buffoon. | 那是我的酒 你们这些傻瓜 |
[06:41] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[06:45] | You all right, Dad? | 你还好吗 爸爸 |
[06:48] | It’s Farook. | 是法鲁克 |
[06:49] | Yes, I know who you are. | 嗯 我知道你是谁 |
[06:52] | What do you want? | 你有什么事 |
[07:08] | Mendip Gardens West. | 曼迪普花园西 |
[07:19] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[07:41] | Delivery! | 送外卖 |
[07:44] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[07:47] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[07:58] | Joan, erm… said to send her best. | 琼 让我代她问好 |
[08:03] | – Her secondment’s going well? – Very well. | -她的借调还顺利吗 -很顺利 |
[08:07] | There is talk of her staying there permanently. | 她可能会留在那里 |
[08:11] | They all fly the nest. | 他们都离巢了 |
[08:15] | We had a letter from Sam. | 我们还收到了萨姆的信 |
[08:17] | Belfast, he’s off to. | 他去了贝尔法斯特 |
[08:20] | Seeing the world. | 看世界去了 |
[08:22] | – Morse. – Ah, morning, sir. | -摩斯 -早 长官 |
[08:23] | Anything in? | 有情况吗 |
[08:32] | Mrs Radowicz? Detective Chief Inspector Thursday. | 拉多维奇太太 我是瑟斯戴高级督察 |
[08:35] | My Sergeant, DS Morse. | 这是我的警长 摩斯警长 |
[08:37] | We’ve met before, I believe. Couple of years ago. | 我们几年前见过吧 |
[08:39] | – You ran a hairdressers. – Salon. | -您当时开了家理发店 -是美发厅 |
[08:42] | I still do. | 现在也是 |
[08:44] | – What’s all this about? – It’s about your son, Gary. | -怎么回事 -是您儿子 盖瑞 |
[08:46] | – Is he home? – No. No, he’s not. He’s at school. | -他在家吗 -不 他在学校 |
[08:49] | What do you want him for? | 你们找他干什么 |
[08:50] | Can you account for his movements last night? | 您能说说他昨晚在哪吗 |
[08:53] | He was here. Home with me. | 他在家 跟我在一起 |
[08:55] | – You’re sure about that? – Quite sure, thank you. | -你确定吗 -很确定 谢谢 |
[08:57] | We have an eyewitness | 我们有目击证人 |
[08:58] | placing him at the scene of an assault last night. | 证明他昨晚出现在一起袭击案现场 |
[09:01] | Like to look at his room, if you don’t mind? | 我们想看看他的房间 如果您不介意 |
[09:03] | I do mind. You wanna poke about in my house, | 我介意 你们想来我家里打探 |
[09:05] | you’ll want a warrant, won’t you? | 就得拿出搜查令来 |
[09:07] | And until you’ve got one, you know what you can do. | 如果你们拿不出 那就好自为之吧 |
[09:12] | – This is our country. – Yes! | -这是我们的国家 -对 |
[09:13] | – Yours and mine. – Yes! | -你们的 和我的 -对 |
[09:15] | – Let’s take it back. – Yes! | -我们夺回它吧 -说得好 |
[09:20] | – Mr Gorman. – And you are? | -高曼先生 -你是 |
[09:22] | Police. | 警察 |
[09:25] | It’s all right, Nige. | 没事 奈吉 |
[09:26] | I’m always happy to help Her Majesty’s Constabulary. | 我一向乐意帮助女王陛下的警察 |
[09:28] | I’m sure Her Majesty’s very grateful, sir. | 女王陛下一定很感激 先生 |
[09:31] | We’ve got a question about one of your supporters. | 我们想打听你的一位支持者 |
[09:33] | Young man called Gary Radowicz. | 一个叫盖瑞·拉多维奇的小伙子 |
[09:34] | Also calls himself Rogers. | 也自称罗杰斯 |
[09:36] | Doesn’t ring a bell. | 没印象 |
[09:38] | He was at the talk that you gave on Monday night. | 他来听了你周一晚的讲话 |
[09:40] | Was he? I really couldn’t say. | 是吗 那我不清楚 |
[09:43] | I don’t know each and every one of those | 我并不认识每一个 |
[09:44] | sympathetic to the cause, you understand. | 支持我们大业的人 |
[09:46] | There was a lot of people there. | 当时来了很多人 |
[09:47] | A lot of people are very concerned | 很多人都对国家的状况 |
[09:48] | about the state of our country. | 非常担忧 |
[09:49] | Well, we’re very concerned about young Pakistani lads | 我们担心的是巴基斯坦小伙子 |
[09:52] | getting knifed on the street. | 在街头被人捅伤 |
[09:55] | Terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[09:56] | But… I can’t say that I’m surprised. | 但…我并不意外 |
[09:59] | You cram all of these incompatible cultures | 把那么多不相容的文化 |
[10:02] | together on one small island, | 挤在一座小岛上 |
[10:04] | of course it’s gonna lead to blood, and worse. | 当然会导致流血 甚至更糟 |
[10:07] | Sounds like a threat, Mr Gorman. | 这听上去像是威胁 高曼先生 |
[10:08] | It’s just an observation. | 只是我的看法 |
[10:10] | If the police can’t keep the streets safe | 如果警方不能保证街头的安全 |
[10:12] | and defend the indigenous population against outsiders, | 保护本土居民 抵抗外来者 |
[10:15] | well… ..No wonder people take it into their own hands. | 那…就难怪人们会自行解决问题 |
[10:20] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a seat to win. | 失陪了 我还要赢得席位呢 |
[10:29] | Ah, Thursday. | 瑟斯戴 |
[10:30] | Morning, sir. | 早 长官 |
[10:31] | – Morse. – Sir. | -摩斯 -长官 |
[10:34] | Division have been asking about this Jakobsson case, | 警部在询问雅各布森的案子 |
[10:36] | the cook at the working men’s club. | 那个工人俱乐部的厨子 |
[10:38] | We’ve got two women who’ve positively identified him | 已有两名女性指认 |
[10:41] | as the man who’s been exposing himself along the river. | 他就是在河边露阴的人 |
[10:43] | But beyond that… | 但除此之外 |
[10:44] | Random attacks, as far as we can make out. | 就目前看来 似乎是随机袭击 |
[10:45] | Robbery doesn’t appear to have been a motive. | 貌似并非是抢劫 |
[10:47] | – What about last night’s stabbing? – We’ve got a name. | -那昨晚的刺伤案呢 -我们有嫌疑人了 |
[10:49] | Juvenile. 15 years old. Gerwazy Radowicz. | 未成年 15岁 盖瓦奇·拉多维奇 |
[10:53] | What’s that? Polish, is it? | 那是…波兰名字吗 |
[10:54] | On his father’s side. AKA, Gary Rogers. | 他父亲是波兰人 他也叫盖瑞·罗杰斯 |
[10:57] | He runs with this racialist crowd. | 他跟一个种族主义群体混 |
[10:58] | You’re bringing him in, presumably. | 你要带他来问话吧 |
[11:00] | If we can find him. At school, according to his mother. | 如果能找到他的话 他母亲说他在学校 |
[11:03] | Though, if he was involved last night, | 但他昨晚如果真涉案了 |
[11:05] | I’d be surprised if he turned up for assembly, | 他应该不会去参加早会了 |
[11:06] | but we’ll take a look. | 但我们会去找 |
[11:08] | I see, well, keep me apprised of any developments. | 好 有任何进展都告诉我 |
[11:10] | The last thing we need | 我们可绝不希望 |
[11:11] | is a public order issue in Election Week. | 竞选周发生什么骚乱 |
[11:14] | Sorry to interrupt, sir. | 抱歉打断 长官 |
[11:15] | Couldn’t do us a favour, could you, matey? | 能帮个忙吗 伙计 |
[11:16] | I’ve got court in an hour. | 我一小时后要上庭 |
[11:18] | What’s this? More about last night? | 怎么 又是昨晚那事吗 |
[11:19] | No, sir. Something else. | 不 长官 是别的 |
[11:20] | Missing person, according to Uniform. | 巡警说是失踪人口案 |
[11:22] | I see. Very well. Carry on. | 好 那好 继续吧 |
[11:26] | – I’ll take the school, if you want to… – Sir. | -我去学校 你去… -是 长官 |
[11:33] | – Good afternoon, Mrs…? – Her name is Aziz. | -下午好 您是… -她姓阿齐兹 |
[11:36] | She doesn’t speak English. That’s why I’m here. | 她不会英语 所以我陪她来了 |
[11:38] | Mrs Sardar. Nuha Sardar. | 萨达太太 奴哈·萨达 |
[11:40] | Detective Sergeant Morse. | 摩斯警长 |
[11:41] | A missing persons case, my colleague said. | 我同事说是失踪人口案 |
[11:43] | Mrs Aziz’s husband. | 是阿齐兹太太的丈夫 |
[11:45] | He delivers food for my father-in-law’s restaurant. | 他为我公公的餐馆送餐 |
[11:47] | The Jolly Rajah? | 快乐王公餐馆 |
[11:48] | He left the restaurant just after 11 last night | 他昨晚11点刚过离开了餐馆 |
[11:50] | with his final delivery run, and never came home. | 做最后一轮送餐 但再就没回来 |
[11:52] | And how had he been lately? Anything worrying him? | 他最近状态怎么样 有什么烦心事吗 |
[11:55] | – She said he’d not been himself. – In what way? | -她说他近来不在状态 -怎么说 |
[11:58] | He had something on his mind, | 他似乎有心事 |
[11:59] | but couldn’t tell her what it was? | 但又不能跟她说 |
[12:04] | So this is his final list of deliveries? | 这是他的最后一轮送餐 |
[12:06] | – Yes. – Just four addresses? | -是的 -就四个地址吗 |
[12:08] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[12:09] | Nobody called to say | 也没人来电 |
[12:10] | their take-away hadn’t been delivered? | 说他们的餐没送到吗 |
[12:12] | – No. – Right. | -没有 -好 |
[12:15] | – Has Mr Aziz been with you long? – A couple of years. | -阿齐兹先生跟你们做很久了吗 -有几年了 |
[12:19] | – Was he a reliable driver? – Usually. | -他车技还可靠吗 -一般是的 |
[12:24] | His wife said he seemed to have something on his mind. | 他妻子说他似乎有什么心事 |
[12:26] | I wondered, is there anything | 不知餐馆这边 |
[12:27] | that had been troubling him at work? | 是否有什么令他担心的事 |
[12:29] | No. | 没有 |
[12:31] | I mean, he did say that he might wish to speak with me, | 他的确说有事想跟我说 |
[12:34] | but I’m afraid I just put him off. | 但我一直没给他机会 |
[12:36] | Any idea what that might’ve been about? | 知道他是想说什么事吗 |
[12:38] | Money. | 钱吧 |
[12:40] | See, his mother-in-law’s coming to live with him later this month. | 他岳母本月稍后会搬来跟他住 |
[12:43] | And I suppose he thought he might get a raise out of me. | 他应该是想跟我申请加薪 |
[12:49] | Can I ask who’s responsible for taking these orders? | 可以问问是谁负责接单吗 |
[12:51] | Would you like to see a menu? | 你想看看菜单吗 |
[12:54] | Perhaps a drink while you’re waiting? | 或许等待的时候喝点什么 |
[12:56] | Oh, all right. All right. | 好了 好了 |
[13:03] | I’m sorry, my brother is, er… | 抱歉 我哥哥… |
[13:05] | is not quite as in command of his faculties as we’re used to. | 脑筋不像以前那么灵光了 |
[13:09] | He’s overworked. | 他太过劳了 |
[13:12] | Ah, I see, I was just… | 我懂了 我… |
[13:15] | ..Trying to find out how the orders were dispatched. | 只是想知道这些订单怎样配送 |
[13:17] | How the route is arrived at? | 怎样规划送餐路线 |
[13:19] | Oh, right, I see. Um, well… | 这个啊 |
[13:22] | The orders are all bundled together | 订单都攒着一起 |
[13:24] | and sent out hourly, more or less. | 差不多是每小时一送 |
[13:27] | Right… But I mean, the nearest first, presumably? | 嗯 但应该是最近的最先送吧 |
[13:31] | I believe so. | 应该是的 |
[13:33] | This is all organised by my brother and Mr Aziz. | 这都是我哥哥和阿齐兹先生打理的 |
[13:36] | I just take care of the kitchen. | 我只负责厨房 |
[13:40] | ‘Good afternoon, sir. | 下午好 先生 |
[13:41] | ‘Did you order an Indian takeaway yesterday evening?’ | 你昨天晚上订印度菜外卖了吗 |
[13:46] | Good afternoon. Detective Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley. | 早上好 摩斯警长 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[13:48] | You ordered a takeaway from The Jolly Rajah last night? | 你昨晚从快乐王公餐馆叫外卖了吗 |
[15:09] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[15:12] | Hello? The police… | 有人吗 警察 |
[15:25] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:22] | Doctor. What have we got? | 医生 什么情况 |
[16:24] | The cause of death would appear to be a cleaver | 死因似乎是被切肉刀 |
[16:27] | blow to the back of the skull. | 插进了后脑 |
[16:30] | No defensive wounds. | 没有防御伤 |
[16:31] | Blood splatter on the wall, | 墙上有血溅 |
[16:33] | and what looks to be a print on the door frame. | 门框上似乎还有指纹 |
[16:37] | That be the weapon? | 那是武器吗 |
[16:39] | I can’t say exactly | 我不能确定 |
[16:41] | until I see what comes back from the lab. | 得等实验室的化验结果 |
[16:44] | That’s the bloke who delivered my curry last night. | 那是昨晚给我送咖喱的人 |
[16:47] | About what time? | 几点 |
[16:49] | Um… around 11? | 11点左右吧 |
[16:51] | Whose place is this? | 这是谁的家 |
[16:52] | It’s a man called, erm, Oberon Prince. | 屋主叫…欧博朗·普林斯 |
[16:56] | He’s a cook, according to the porter. | 门房说他是个厨师 |
[16:57] | Yeah. He’s off the telly. | 对 还上了电视 |
[16:59] | He’s got a recipes and reviews column | 他每周六给《牛津邮报》 |
[17:01] | in the Oxford Mail every Saturday. | 写食谱和食评 |
[17:03] | So where is he? | 他人呢 |
[17:06] | Just a few questions. | 问几个问题 |
[17:07] | Do you know Mr Prince in number ten? | 你认识10号的普林斯先生吗 |
[17:10] | We’ve said “Hello” once or twice. He’s friendly enough. | 我们打过一两次招呼 他挺友好的 |
[17:12] | – Have you lived here long? – 18 months. | -你在这里住很久了吗 -18个月 |
[17:14] | It’s my dad’s place. One of ’em. | 是我爸爸的住处 其中之一 |
[17:17] | I’m going through a divorce. | 我在办离婚 |
[17:19] | He doesn’t use it much, so I… | 他不怎么住这里 所以 |
[17:21] | So you didn’t see or hear anything unusual last night? | 你昨晚并没看到或听到任何异常吗 |
[17:24] | No. | 没有 |
[17:25] | Well, thank you very much, Miss Trent. | 非常感谢 谭特小姐 |
[17:30] | Oberon Prince. | 欧博朗·普林斯 |
[17:32] | I’ve only met him a couple of times. | 我只见过他几次 |
[17:34] | He files his copy by post, | 他的文案都是寄过来的 |
[17:35] | always well in advance of his deadline. | 而且总是远远早于截稿日期 |
[17:38] | Turns up at the Christmas party once in a while. | 偶尔会去参加一次圣诞派对 |
[17:40] | Family? | 家人呢 |
[17:41] | Has a wife, I think. Or had been. | 好像有个妻子吧 或者离婚了 |
[17:45] | Rosemary, possibly. One of the herbs. | 可能是叫萝丝玛丽[迷迭香] 反正是种香料 |
[17:47] | And this is the only address you have for him? | 这是你知道的他的唯一地址吗 |
[17:49] | Far as I know. | 据我所知是的 |
[17:51] | There might be a holiday home in Greece. | 在希腊可能还有栋度假宅 |
[17:54] | I can look into it for you. Can I get a quote? | 我可以替你们查 能评论一句吗 |
[17:57] | All right, we’re keeping an open mind. | 好吧 我们暂不会下定论 |
[18:00] | We welcome the chance to speak to him | 我们希望能跟他谈谈 |
[18:02] | and urge him to contact us at the earliest opportunity. | 并敦促他尽快联系我们 |
[18:05] | Well, I’ve an inquest to attend once I’m done here, | 我离开这里还得去出席一场死因调查 |
[18:09] | but I’ll see it makes the late edition. | 但我会确保这则消息登上晚报 |
[18:12] | – Anyone we know? – Farmer out towards Wytham. | -是我们认识的人吗 -维泽姆附近的一个农民 |
[18:15] | Drowned in the pigswill. | 淹死在了泔水里 |
[18:17] | You know, this is the sixth freak accident | 这是我几个月来参加的 |
[18:19] | I’ve attended in as many months. | 第六起意外事故调查了 |
[18:22] | All relatively healthy. | 都是挺健康的人 |
[18:23] | All in their 30s or 40s. All single. | 都是三四十岁 都是单身 |
[18:26] | Half a dozen in half a year? | 半年里有六个 |
[18:28] | Hardly what you’d call an epidemic. | 也算不上很多吧 |
[18:30] | Well, you know best, I’m sure. | 你肯定最了解了 |
[18:35] | See you later. | 回见 |
[18:45] | Sir. The food for the | 长官 他送货单上 |
[18:46] | third delivery on his list is still in his car. | 第三个地址的食物还在他车上 |
[18:49] | – How’s that? – It’s, er, 14 Mendip Gardens West. | -是哪 -曼迪普花园西14号 |
[18:52] | Nah, there’s a Mendip Gardens North | 不对 有曼迪普花园北 |
[18:54] | and a Mendip Gardens South, | 曼迪普花园南 |
[18:55] | but no West. Nor East, for that matter. | 但没有西 也没有东 |
[18:57] | Could the restaurant have taken it down wrong? | 会不会是餐馆记错了 |
[18:59] | Well, it’s possible. | 是可能 |
[19:00] | The proprietor’s an, erm, Uqbah Sardar. | 店主名叫乌克巴·萨达 |
[19:03] | According to his brother, | 据他弟弟说 |
[19:04] | he’s been a little off his game recently. | 他近来脑筋不灵光了 |
[19:06] | You’d have thought if someone’s supper didn’t turn up, | 按说某人的晚餐没到 |
[19:08] | they might’ve rung to complain. | 那人会打电话抱怨呢 |
[19:10] | Yeah, that’s what I thought, but apparently not. | 我也这么想 但并没人去电话 |
[19:11] | I’d better report back to Mr Bright. | 我得去向布莱特先生报告了 |
[19:13] | Can you and Jim finish up here? | 你和吉姆可以在这里收尾吗 |
[19:15] | Get out a ports and airports, | 向港口和机场发消息 |
[19:16] | and see that Prince’s photograph is circulated. | 确保普林斯的照片被发给各个地方 |
[19:19] | Sir. | 是 长官 |
[19:20] | Oh, erm, sir, Miss Frazil’s freak accidents, | 长官 弗雷泽小姐说的那些意外事故 |
[19:22] | you don’t think there’s anything in that? | 会不会有什么蹊跷 |
[19:24] | Besides a few thousand on the circulation? | 这种事多了去了 |
[19:26] | You know what the press is like. | 你也知道媒体的德行 |
[19:31] | Porter’d clocked Aziz’s car this morning. | 门房今早注意到了阿齐兹的车 |
[19:34] | He keeps a list of those cars | 他会记录所有 |
[19:35] | he sees that don’t have a right to park here, | 他认为不该停在这儿的车 |
[19:37] | as some of the residents can get quite beady. | 因为有些住户计较这个 |
[19:39] | And what did he say about him, Prince? | 他怎么说他呢 普林斯 |
[19:41] | Lived here about six years. No trouble. | 在这里住六年了 没什么麻烦 |
[19:44] | Last saw him yesterday morning | 最后见他是昨天早上 |
[19:45] | when he took him up his post. | 给他送邮件的时候 |
[19:47] | Very popular with the ladies. | 很受女士欢迎 |
[19:49] | So, Prince orders a take-away | 普林斯叫了外卖 |
[19:52] | and then kills the delivery driver? | 然后却杀了送餐员吗 |
[19:55] | Or maybe he was on a promise last night | 或是他昨晚有艳遇 |
[19:57] | and never came home? | 根本没回家 |
[19:58] | Mr Aziz was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. | 阿齐兹先生只是不巧碰上了 |
[20:00] | Perhaps he stumbled upon a burglary or something? | 或许他是撞破了一场入室盗窃 |
[20:03] | Anything’s possible, matey. | 一切皆有可能 伙计 |
[20:05] | ‘..Death of an employee | …一家颇受欢迎的 |
[20:07] | ‘of a popular Oxford restaurant, The Jolly Rajah. | 牛津餐馆 快乐王公餐馆的一名雇员死亡 |
[20:09] | ‘The victim, who is yet to be identified, | 死者身份尚未确认 |
[20:11] | ‘is believed to be a driver at the restaurant.’ | 但据信是餐馆的司机 |
[20:13] | A stabbing last night, and now this. | 昨晚的刺伤事件 又出了这事 |
[20:16] | – Connected, do you think? – Nothing to say so, sir. | -有关吗 -并无这样的证据 长官 |
[20:19] | Both victims are Pakistani, aren’t they? | 两名受害人都是巴基斯坦人 是吧 |
[20:21] | Yes, sir. But that’s as far as it goes. | 对 长官 但别无更多关联了 |
[20:23] | Well, that’s far enough. | 那也是个关联了 |
[20:24] | Division will be monitoring this situation very carefully. | 警部会密切关注进展 |
[20:27] | Was the victim known to this Prince character? | 这个普林斯认识被害人吗 |
[20:29] | Not as we’ve been able to establish yet, sir. | 我们目前还未能确认 长官 |
[20:32] | Morse and me are gonna brace ’em down the restaurant, | 摩斯和我要去趟餐馆 |
[20:34] | see if there’s anything there. | 看能不能发现什么 |
[20:36] | He orders an Indian meal, | 他叫了印度菜 |
[20:37] | and then butchers the man who delivers it? | 然后却杀了送餐的人吗 |
[20:38] | What is he? A lunatic of some sort? | 怎么 他是个疯子吗 |
[20:40] | Food critic, sir. | 是美食评论家 长官 |
[20:43] | Even so. | 即便如此 |
[20:44] | Taking an axe to someone’s head | 拿斧子劈人脑袋 |
[20:46] | goes beyond expressing dissatisfaction with the service, | 这肯定不止是因为对服务不满意了 |
[20:49] | wouldn’t you say? | 不是吗 |
[20:50] | He’s had some sort of emotional breakdown, maybe? | 或许他是情绪崩溃了吗 |
[20:52] | If it was him. | 如果是他的话 |
[20:54] | Well, if it wasn’t, you’d imagine he’d come forward | 如果不是 那他一听说自己的公寓 |
[20:56] | as soon as he hears | 变成了杀人现场 |
[20:57] | his flat’s been turned into a slaughterhouse. | 按说就该马上站出来呢 |
[21:00] | Gary? | 盖瑞 |
[21:01] | ‘Reports of violence in the city over the last 24 hours, | 过去24小时内 市内发生多起暴力事件 |
[21:04] | ‘as police are appealing for witnesses to the stabbing, | 两个敌对帮派的冲突导致一人被刺伤 |
[21:07] | ‘following a clash between rival gangs. | 警方呼吁目击者站出来 |
[21:10] | ‘A young Asian teenager was rushed to hospital, | 该事件导致一名亚裔少年入院 |
[21:12] | ‘having been pursued with friends | 他和朋友受到了一群 |
[21:14] | by a white gang of youths. | 白人青年追赶 |
[21:16] | ‘In other news, well-known television chef | 另一则新闻 知名电视厨师 |
[21:18] | ‘and restaurant critic, Oberon Prince, | 和餐馆评论家 欧博朗·普林斯 |
[21:20] | ‘has been reported missing…’ | 据报失踪… |
[21:30] | Good afternoon, Mrs Sardar. Might we come in? | 下午好 萨达太太 我们能进去吗 |
[21:32] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[21:39] | It’s the police. | 是警察 |
[21:42] | About Mr Aziz. | 是为了阿齐兹先生的事 |
[21:44] | Detective Chief Inspector Thursday, Thames Valley. | 瑟斯戴高级督察 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[21:46] | I believe you met my colleague earlier. | 你之前见过我的同事了吧 |
[21:48] | Yes. Yes, of course. My nephews, Dr Farook Sardar | 是的 当然 我的侄子 法鲁克·萨达医生 |
[21:52] | and his young brother, Salim. | 和他弟弟萨利姆 |
[21:54] | – You found him? – We did, sir. | -你们找到他了 -是的 先生 |
[21:56] | And I’m sorry to say it’s not good news, he’s deceased. | 很遗憾 是坏消息 他死了 |
[21:59] | And it wasn’t a natural death. | 而且不是自然死亡 |
[22:03] | What? Another attack? | 什么 又是袭击吗 |
[22:07] | Well, we can’t speculate at this stage, sir. | 我们现在还不能乱猜测 先生 |
[22:10] | His car was found outside a block of flats called Tiffin Court. | 他的车在蒂芬院的公寓楼外停着 |
[22:13] | Do you know it? | 你们知道那里吗 |
[22:16] | – No. – I’ve never heard of it. | -不 -没听说过 |
[22:18] | Did Mr Aziz have any enemies, as far as you know? | 阿齐兹先生有敌人吗 据你们所知 |
[22:21] | No, he was… mildest of men. | 没有 他特别温和 |
[22:23] | No trouble with any of the customers, nothing like that? | 没有跟哪个客人有过矛盾什么的吗 |
[22:26] | No, he saw nothing of the customers, | 没有 他不会见到客人 |
[22:28] | only walking through the restaurant from the kitchen | 他出了厨房直接穿过餐馆 |
[22:31] | to do his deliveries. | 去送餐 |
[22:32] | And we need to speak to your brother, sir. | 我们得找您哥哥谈谈 先生 |
[22:34] | Uqbah, is it? | 乌克巴 是吗 |
[22:35] | Er, about a couple of orders he took. | 关于他接的一两个单 |
[22:37] | The addresses appear to have been taken down wrongly. | 记下的地址似乎不对 |
[22:39] | I’m afraid my father’s not well, Chief Inspector. | 我父亲状态不太好 高级督察 |
[22:42] | Recently, he’s been… having trouble with his memory, | 他近来老出现记忆问题 |
[22:45] | – his reading and writing skills. – Well, how’s that? | -读写能力也有退步 -怎么说 |
[22:48] | – Well… – For a few months, | -嗯… -这几个月来 |
[22:49] | there’s been, ah… discrepancies when cashing up. | 账目有些对不上 |
[22:52] | He’s been charging people twice over for dishes on their bill, | 他会跟客人结两次账 |
[22:54] | or… not ringing it up at all. | 或是干脆忘了 |
[22:57] | How long as he been like this? | 他这样多久了 |
[22:59] | It has got worse over the last year. | 去年来越来越严重了 |
[23:01] | We’ve been trying to talk to him about doing less, | 我们一直想劝他少做点 |
[23:03] | retiring, even, but… he won’t hear of it. | 甚至退休 但他不肯听 |
[23:06] | It would be helpful if we could see | 如果能给我们提供一份 |
[23:07] | a list of the customers | 昨天到店的客人名单 |
[23:08] | – that did come in last night. – Certainly. | -会很有帮助 -没问题 |
[23:10] | All the information’s at The Rajah. | 这些信息都在餐馆 |
[23:13] | Ah, er, when you’re ready, we might go to the restaurant. | 那等你们方便 我们就去趟餐馆吧 |
[23:18] | Did you have many bookings? | 点餐的人多吗 |
[23:19] | I suppose three-quarters of the cover’s early in the evening. | 晚上前半段能挣四分之三的服务费吧 |
[23:22] | Was there any trouble between Mr Aziz | 阿齐兹先生跟其他客人 |
[23:24] | and any of the other customers? | 是否有任何矛盾 |
[23:26] | No. There was quite a rowdy table, but… | 没有 有一桌挺吵 但… |
[23:29] | they had nothing to do with Mr Aziz. | 他们跟阿齐兹先生无关 |
[23:31] | Wrestlers, I think. | 好像是摔跤手 |
[23:32] | – Had they booked? – No, but they’ve been in before. | -他们预约了吗 -没 但他们来过 |
[23:35] | Always late. | 总是很晚 |
[23:35] | What time did you close up last night? | 你们昨晚几点关的门 |
[23:37] | I closed the kitchen at 11. | 我11点关了厨房 |
[23:39] | My brother had a bit of a turn. | 我哥哥恍惚了一下 |
[23:41] | So we called Farook and he took him home. | 我们就叫法鲁克来带他回家了 |
[23:44] | And then Salim followed on in his car, | 萨利姆也开车跟着走了 |
[23:45] | and I… shut up the restaurant at, er, just after 12. | 我就在12点刚过时关了餐馆 |
[23:49] | So you were alone? | 所以就你一个人了 |
[23:51] | Would that be usual? | 那是常事吗 |
[23:53] | First in, last out. Chef’s lot. | 第一个来 最后一个走 厨师就这样 |
[23:57] | Ah, the counterfoils, | 这是票根 |
[23:58] | for the credit card and the cheques. | 信用卡和支票的 |
[24:00] | Which were the addresses you were having trouble with? | 你们说记错的是哪个地址 |
[24:02] | Tiffin Court, it was 10, not 1C. | 蒂芬院是10号 不是1C |
[24:04] | And, er, Mendip Gardens West. | 还有曼迪普花园西 |
[24:07] | Maybe my brother wrote it down wrongly. | 可能是我哥哥写错了 |
[24:10] | Well… thank you for your assistance. | 谢谢你们的协助 |
[24:13] | We’ll return these as soon as possible. | 我们会尽快归还回来 |
[24:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:29] | ‘I won’t be long.’ | 我看看 不会太久 |
[25:07] | ‘Sir.’ | 长官 |
[25:09] | – I’m sorry, who are you? – I’m his wife. | -抱歉 你是哪位 -我是他妻子 |
[25:12] | Well, his first wife. | 他的第一任妻子 |
[25:13] | Rosemary Prince. | 萝丝玛丽·普林斯 |
[25:15] | I believe you’re looking for my husband. | 你们在找我丈夫吧 |
[25:18] | So I’m sorry, what is it you’re doing here? | 抱歉 你来这里做什么 |
[25:20] | Well, I was concerned. | 我担心啊 |
[25:22] | I hoped he might have turned up, come back, | 我希望他能出现 回来 |
[25:24] | then all this could be explained. | 解释清楚这一切 |
[25:27] | And when did you see him last, Mr Prince? | 你最后见他是什么时候 普林斯太太 |
[25:29] | I haven’t seen him for a while. | 我好一阵没见过他了 |
[25:31] | But we speak… on the telephone, every week. | 但我们会通电话 每周都通 |
[25:35] | Do you mind if I… | 你介意我… |
[25:37] | I know it’s a little early, but to steady my nerves. | 我知道还早 但我需要安安神 |
[25:39] | Have you any idea where he might be? | 你知道他可能在哪吗 |
[25:41] | There’s talk of a place in Greece. | 据说他在希腊有栋房子 |
[25:43] | And a suitcase of his appears to be missing. | 而且他的一个箱子似乎不见了 |
[25:45] | Well, he does have a little place there. | 他是在那里有栋房子 |
[25:49] | Well, who was he? | 那人是谁 |
[25:50] | He was a delivery man… | 是个送餐员 |
[25:52] | from a restaurant called The Jolly Rajah. | 是快乐王公餐馆的 |
[25:55] | Did he ever mentioned a man called Aziz? Iqbal Aziz? | 他提过一个叫阿齐兹的人吗 伊克巴·阿齐兹 |
[25:59] | No. Never. | 没有 从没有 |
[26:00] | Does that seem in keeping to you? | 你觉得这有什么不对吗 |
[26:02] | That he would order food to be delivered. | 他叫外卖 |
[26:04] | Indian, certainly. | 印度菜是不奇怪 |
[26:06] | We never touched it on the programme. | 我们在节目上从不做那个 |
[26:08] | – Sorry, the programme? – “Et Voila”. | -抱歉 什么节目 -《美食完成》 |
[26:11] | We started together. On the television. | 那是我们一起办的 电视节目 |
[26:13] | It was my Johnnie to his Fanny. | 我们是一对好搭档 |
[26:15] | Oh, it was 15 years ago, nigh on. | 都15年前了 |
[26:18] | The Dark Ages. | 黑暗时代啊 |
[26:19] | Most people had barely heard of vinaigrette, huh! | 大部分人还不知道什么叫香醋色拉调味汁 |
[26:23] | Look… | 听着 |
[26:24] | whatever you think he’s done, you’re quite wrong. | 不管你们以为他做了什么 你们错了 |
[26:29] | Only he has his faults, but this is far beyond his scope. | 他是有不好 但他绝不会做出这种事 |
[26:32] | It’s way too grotesque. | 太可怕了 |
[26:35] | If you don’t mind me asking, what happened between you? | 如果您不介意我问 你们之间发生了什么 |
[26:38] | Oh, it was my fault. | 是我的错 |
[26:40] | I never cared for the sticky side of married life. | 我一向不喜欢婚姻生活的那种甜腻 |
[26:44] | We looked at other couples, | 我们看其他夫妇 |
[26:45] | they might’ve had the physical side, | 他们可能肉体相互吸引 |
[26:48] | but most of them could barely stand | 但大部分时候 |
[26:49] | the sight of each other half the time. | 却无法忍受彼此 |
[26:50] | We had something they could only dream of… | 我们有他们求而不得的东西 |
[26:54] | companionship. | 相伴 |
[26:56] | And he was the most tremendous fun. | 而且他特别风趣 |
[27:00] | Right up until the sixth whisky sour. | 直到他喝下第六杯威士忌酸酒 |
[27:03] | Then things could turn a little… ugly. | 情况就会变得…不堪 |
[27:05] | So what, he drank? | 怎么 他酗酒吗 |
[27:08] | He drank. He gambled. But I never stopped loving him. | 他喝酒 赌博 但我从未停止爱他 |
[27:11] | Was he ever violent? | 他对你动过粗吗 |
[27:15] | On occasion. | 偶尔吧 |
[27:16] | But I don’t believe | 但我不认为 |
[27:17] | he’s capable of anything that happened here. | 他能干出发生在这里的那种事 |
[27:23] | I can’t. It’s not the best time. | 我不能 现在不方便 |
[27:25] | I can’t talk now. | 我现在不方便说话 |
[27:28] | I agree, there’s a lot to discuss. | 对 是很需要商量 |
[27:31] | I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 |
[27:33] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:35] | Who was that? | 谁啊 |
[27:38] | Wrong number. | 打错了 |
[28:09] | You don’t think we could’ve got it wrong, do you? | 你说不会是我们搞错了吧 |
[28:14] | I know, but… | 我知道 就是… |
[28:15] | two murders… | 两起凶杀 |
[28:17] | ..Molly Andrews, Tony Jakobsson… | 茉莉·安德鲁斯 托尼·雅各布森 |
[28:20] | on the same stretch of Tow path? | 都发生在曳船路的同一段 |
[28:23] | For fear of sounding like a broken record, | 虽然这可能让我听上去像复读机 |
[28:24] | I think a man getting his throat cut, | 我认为一个男人被割喉 |
[28:27] | is a world apart from a woman having her neck broken. | 跟一个女人被扭断脖子相去甚远 |
[28:31] | We’ve got who killed Molly Andrews | 我们抓到了杀害茉莉·安德鲁斯 |
[28:33] | and Naomi Benford, | 和娜奥米·本福德的凶手 |
[28:34] | he’s on remand in Farnleigh. | 他在法穆利羁押候审了 |
[28:36] | Unless you wanted to drop all charges | 除非你想撤销一切指控 |
[28:38] | and have him back out on the street. | 把他放回街上 |
[28:43] | How’d you make out at Prince’s flat? | 你在普林斯公寓有什么发现 |
[28:46] | Met his wife. Well, his first wife. | 遇到了他妻子 第一任妻子 |
[28:48] | Still seems to carry something of a torch for him. | 似乎还对他余情未了 |
[28:50] | What was she doing there? | 她去那儿干什么 |
[28:51] | Same as us, wants to know where Prince is. | 跟我们一样 想知道普林斯在哪 |
[28:53] | – Shed any light? – No. | -她知道什么吗 -不 |
[28:54] | But I did turn this up. | 但我找到了这个 |
[29:01] | Gambler. | 赌徒 |
[29:02] | Something of a drinker, too, and violent with it. | 还爱喝酒 酒后会变得暴力 |
[29:07] | Nothing from Ports and Airports | 港口和机场没有消息 |
[29:08] | on flight manifests or passenger lists. | 飞机货单和旅客名单都没有发现 |
[29:11] | If he’s already gone, | 如果他已经跑了 |
[29:11] | he’s done it under a different name. | 肯定是用了化名 |
[29:13] | But he’s from the television, isn’t he? | 但他是电视名人 对吧 |
[29:15] | Be difficult for someone like that | 我觉得这样的人 |
[29:17] | to slip out of the country unnoticed, I’d have thought. | 应该很难偷偷溜出国 而不被发现 |
[29:19] | Unless he’s changed his appearance, maybe? | 除非他改变了容貌 |
[29:21] | Anything from Forensics | 鉴证人员关于 |
[29:22] | on the bloody thumb print found at Tiffin Court? | 蒂芬院的血拇指印有发现吗 |
[29:25] | No match for Oberon Prince. | 不属于欧博朗·普林斯 |
[29:26] | What about the Greek end, that place he’s got out there? | 希腊那边呢 他在那边的房子 |
[29:29] | Vrakonisi? | 龙之岛吗 |
[29:30] | Locals have been up to the villa, but no sign of life. | 本地人去别墅看了 但没发现有人 |
[29:34] | – You, ah, seen the latest? – Oh, yeah. | -你看最新一期了吗 -看了 |
[29:41] | Still think it wasn’t him? | 还认为不是他吗 |
[30:29] | Morse, it’s been too long! | 摩斯 好久不见 |
[30:31] | I’ve been wandering the Mediterranean | 我一直在地中海 |
[30:33] | with my, how do you say it, “My cap in my hand”? | 怎么说的来着 毕恭毕敬地 |
[30:35] | My beggar’s bowl. | 端着我的要饭碗 |
[30:37] | Begging bowl. | 乞讨碗 |
[30:38] | All in a good cause, I assure you. | 不过都是在做好事 我保证 |
[30:40] | Seeking donations for my family’s charitable foundation. | 为我家族的慈善基金拉捐赠 |
[30:43] | The only relief I got was that Steve was there, making a picture. | 唯一的欣慰是史蒂夫在那儿拍电影 |
[30:47] | Steve who? | 哪个史蒂夫 |
[30:48] | McQueen. | 麦奎因呗 |
[30:50] | Yes, it’s funny. | 说来讽刺 |
[30:51] | The only real person, out of any of them, should be an actor. | 唯一实在的人 竟是一名演员 |
[30:54] | But I have been unforgivably neglectful, | 但我近来太疏远了 真是不该 |
[30:56] | and that’s why I’m here. | 所以今天我来了 |
[30:58] | To rectify matters and deserve your forgiveness. | 叙叙旧 好配得上你的宽恕 |
[31:00] | – There’s nothing needs forgiving. – You’re very kind. | -没什么好宽恕的 -你真是大度 |
[31:03] | But one should keep the friendships that matter | 但人应该与值得交往的朋友 |
[31:04] | in good repair, don’t you think? | 保持交好 你说呢 |
[31:06] | I’ve never… | 我从没… |
[31:07] | I’ve never really thought about it that way. | 我从没那么想过 |
[31:10] | I left messages at your work before we went away. | 我们走之前给你办公室留了言 |
[31:14] | Come for supper tomorrow. | 明晚来吃晚餐吧 |
[31:16] | Violetta has forsaken me once again. | 维奥莱塔又抛弃了我 |
[31:19] | I’m in need of good company. | 我正需要个好伴儿 |
[31:22] | Well, I can’t promise that. | 这我保证不了 |
[31:24] | Well, you sell yourself too short. | 你太轻看自己了 |
[31:26] | Now, a drink, I think. | 那我们喝一杯吧 |
[31:28] | I took the liberty. | 我擅自选了酒 |
[31:30] | What is this we’re listening to? | 我们在听什么 |
[31:32] | La Cura Per L’Amore. Tregola. | 《爱情解药》 特戈拉的 |
[31:36] | Well, in that case, “Due bicchieri”. | 既然如此 “来两杯”[意大利语] |
[31:43] | The police have gone. | 警察走了 |
[31:45] | There’s nobody here… only me. | 这里没人了 只有我 |
[31:50] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[31:53] | Why don’t you come round and keep me company? | 不如你过来陪陪我吧 |
[33:17] | Miss! Bridget, isn’t it? | 小姐 布莉姬特 对吧 |
[33:19] | Come, come out of the rain. | 来 过来躲雨 |
[33:25] | You wanna be careful walking along at night like this. | 你走这种夜路可得当心 |
[33:28] | – It’s not safe. – I don’t have far to go. | -不安全 -离我家不远 |
[33:31] | Takes me back to my days on the beat. Well, on Nights. | 让我想起当年做巡警的时候 夜巡的时候 |
[33:36] | I used to like Nights. | 我以前喜欢上夜班 |
[33:38] | Especially after a bit of rain. | 尤其是下过一点小雨后 |
[33:42] | Win told me all about the wrestling. | 温跟我说了看摔跤的事 |
[33:43] | Yeah! We had a great time. | 没错 我们很开心 |
[33:46] | I’m all right from here, Mr Thursday. | 这儿就行了 瑟斯戴先生 |
[33:49] | All right, then. You mind how you go. | 行吧 路上小心 |
[34:25] | You were in India, Mrs Bright said. | 布莱特太太说你以前去过印度 |
[34:27] | Yes, yes. Before the war. | 是的 战前 |
[34:30] | – Whereabouts? – Here and there. | -去哪了 -不少地方 |
[34:31] | Calcutta, Pankot, Chandrapore. | 加尔各答 潘考特 昌德拉普 |
[34:35] | – And yourself? – Oxford, born and bred. | -你呢 -牛津土生土长 |
[34:39] | Yes, well… | 好吧 |
[34:42] | ..I was very sad to go. | 我离开时很伤心 |
[34:44] | We both were. | 我们都是 |
[34:47] | – Goodnight, sir. – Ah, goodnight. | -晚安 先生 -晚安 |
[35:01] | He’s very handsome, don’t you think? | 他很帅气 对吧 |
[35:03] | Yes. Very handsome, I’m sure. | 是的 非常帅气 |
[35:09] | Are you jealous, Puli? | 你嫉妒吗 普利 |
[35:16] | Desperately. | 非常嫉妒 |
[35:20] | He says I’m doing much better. | 他说我好多了 |
[35:24] | Good. | 那就好 |
[35:26] | See, I told you. | 瞧 我说了 |
[35:30] | You have to have… faith. | 你得相信 |
[35:45] | What’s he doing? | 他在干嘛 |
[35:51] | Looking for Ammi. | 找婆婆吗 |
[35:53] | Sleepwalking. | 梦游 |
[35:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:57] | I thought Farook could give him something. | 我想让法鲁克给他点药吃 |
[36:07] | You were late tonight, from the restaurant. | 你今晚从餐馆回来得挺晚 |
[36:12] | Stock take. | 盘点库存 |
[37:04] | – And when did you see him last? – When he went to bed. | -你最后一次看见他是什么时候 -他去睡觉时 |
[37:07] | What time was that? | 那是几点 |
[37:08] | About ten o’clock. | 大概10点 |
[37:10] | We heard him walking about afterwards. | 我们后来听见他走动 |
[37:13] | And how did he seem? | 他状态怎么样 |
[37:14] | He had been very anxious. About what happened to Mr Aziz. | 他一直很焦虑 因为阿齐兹先生的遭遇 |
[37:18] | What happened? You were meant to be looking after him. | 怎么回事 你们本该看好他的 |
[37:21] | – I’ve told him. – You don’t tell me anything. | -我已经说了 -你无权呵斥我 |
[37:24] | We will get a description circulated to all patrol cars | 我们会把描述发给所有巡逻车 |
[37:27] | and beat officers. | 和巡警们 |
[37:28] | Try not to worry. | 别担心 |
[37:31] | What about the Oberon Prince case, Morse? | 欧博朗·普林斯的案子怎么样了 摩斯 |
[37:33] | – Anything on the ports and airports? – Nothing, sir. | -港口和机场有消息吗 -没有 长官 |
[37:36] | Sir… | 长官 |
[37:39] | He was at the restaurant that night. | 他那晚在餐馆 |
[37:41] | Which restaurant? | 哪家餐馆 |
[37:42] | Jolly Rajah. | 快乐王公餐馆 |
[37:43] | Who was? Prince? | 谁在 普林斯吗 |
[37:44] | Well, that can’t be right. | 那不对吧 |
[37:46] | Moniker here on his credit card slip says different, matey. | 他信用卡账单上的签名能证明 伙计 |
[37:49] | But if he’d already eaten at the restaurant, | 但如果他已经在餐馆吃了 |
[37:50] | why would he order a takeaway? | 干吗还点外卖 |
[37:54] | Yes. Yes, he was here. | 对 他来过 |
[37:57] | In fact, he had words with that rowdy table I was telling you about. | 事实上 他还跟我说的挺吵的那桌起了争执 |
[38:01] | – Party of eight. – Mr Nayle, was that? | -八人桌 -内尔先生 是吗 |
[38:05] | Yeah, that sounds about right. | 对 是这样 |
[38:16] | – ‘Still no sign of Gary. – ‘And Prince?’ | -还是不见盖瑞 -普林斯呢 |
[38:20] | ‘Maybe Stanley Nayles’ boys can shed some light.’ | 或许斯坦利·内尔的人能告诉我们 |
[38:33] | – How’s Mrs Aziz? – Terrible. | -阿齐兹太太怎样了 -很不好 |
[38:36] | I gave her something to help her sleep. | 我给了她东西帮她入眠 |
[38:38] | Her kids are with her. | 她的孩子都陪着她 |
[38:39] | This country, it’s not a place for us. | 这个国家 根本不适合我们 |
[38:43] | – They don’t want us here. – You shouldn’t talk like that. | -他们不想要我们 -你不该那么说话 |
[38:45] | This is our home now. | 这里是我们的家了 |
[38:48] | You heard there was a stabbing. | 你听说刺伤案的事了吧 |
[38:50] | One of our young men on the street. | 我们一位同胞小伙子 在街头被刺 |
[38:52] | That’s our home. | 这就是我们的家 |
[38:54] | – That’s how welcome we are. – Did you help the police? | -我们就是这么受欢迎 -你帮助警察了吗 |
[38:58] | I think so. | 应该帮到了 |
[38:59] | They were asking about a man called, er, Oberon Prince. | 他们问起了一个 欧博朗·普林斯 |
[39:03] | I know him. He’s off the television, he’s a chef. | 我认识他 他是电视上的厨师 |
[39:07] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[39:08] | That’s who Mr Aziz was delivering to at Tiffin Court. | 那是阿齐兹先生去蒂芬院送餐的对象 |
[39:12] | And they think he did it, this Prince? | 他们觉得是他吗 是普林斯干的 |
[39:15] | He’s gone missing, apparently. | 据说他失踪了 |
[39:20] | If he tries to turn that into a Half-Nelson, | 如果他想顺势反抑颈 |
[39:22] | you know what to do, drop it right down… | 你清楚怎么办 把他摔下去 |
[39:23] | Stanley Nayle? | 斯坦利·内尔 |
[39:26] | Yes, gents. | 是我 先生们 |
[39:26] | DCI Thursday, DS Morse, Thames Valley. | 瑟斯戴高级督察 摩斯警长 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[39:29] | You ate in The Jolly Rajah in Oxford on Monday night. | 你们周一晚上去牛津的快乐王公餐馆吃饭了 |
[39:32] | Yeah, after we’d finished at the venue. | 是的 在比赛结束后 |
[39:34] | We heard you had words with another patron. | 我们听说 你们跟一位客人起了争执 |
[39:36] | A man called Oberon Prince. | 他叫欧博朗·普林斯 |
[39:39] | He was taking the mickey. | 他当时在喝酒 |
[39:41] | I told him to knock it off, but he was drunk, you know. | 我叫他别说了 但他喝醉了 |
[39:44] | – He got a bit lippy with us. – So what did you say? | -对我们出言不逊 -你说了什么 |
[39:47] | Don’t know. I suppose I just said, | 记不得了 大概就是 |
[39:50] | “Knock it off, mate,” Or summat like that. | “行了 伙计”之类的吧 |
[39:52] | You know, nothing heavy. | 没说什么过分的 |
[39:53] | – So you didn’t threaten him? – No. | -你没威胁他 -没有 |
[39:55] | That’s not Bobby’s part, in the ring or out. | 鲍比不这么做 不管是在场上还是场下 |
[39:57] | And when you left the restaurant, where d’you go? | 你们离开餐馆后呢 去了哪 |
[40:00] | Well, it was getting late by then. | 当时已经挺晚了 |
[40:01] | Most of us just went back to our digs. | 我们大部分人就回家了 |
[40:03] | – Where would that be? – We’re all over. | -那是哪里 -我们不住一起 |
[40:05] | Ones and twos. Couple of us here, couple there. | 三三两两 几个住这儿 几个住那儿 |
[40:08] | Not everyone’s keen on having… | 并不是所有人都喜欢 |
[40:11] | ..Wrestlers under their roof. | 租给摔跤手 |
[40:13] | You said “most” of you? Some of you didn’t, presumably? | “大部分人”吗 那么是有人没回家吗 |
[40:16] | Well, I think a couple of the lads went to | 好像有几个人去了个 |
[40:17] | a drinker we sometimes go to. | 我们有时会去的酒吧 |
[40:20] | Adam and the Noble Brothers. | 亚当和诺博兄弟 |
[40:21] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[40:22] | Adam, “Dangerman”, Sloane. | “危险人物”亚当·斯隆 |
[40:25] | – And where’s he? – He tops the bill, | -他在哪 -他是头牌 |
[40:27] | so he’s not with us tonight. | 所以他今晚不来 |
[40:28] | Stan, our gaffer, wanted him to rest up. | 我们头儿 斯坦 要他好好休息 |
[40:31] | Well, we’ll need addresses for their lodgings. | 我们需要他们住处的地址 |
[40:33] | Well, I’ll have to check my paperwork. | 我得去翻档案 |
[40:35] | All right if I phone it through? | 我可以打电话通知你们吗 |
[40:36] | Look, there’s some B&Bs we use on a semi-regular, | 我们有些还算固定会去的小旅馆 |
[40:39] | whenever we’re in town, | 我们在城里时会去住 |
[40:41] | but I’ll have to check and see who was where. | 但我得查查看谁都在哪 |
[40:43] | Some of the lads double up, but… | 有些人会合住 但 |
[40:44] | I will have a look, let you know, yeah? | 我还得查查 然后告诉你们 |
[40:52] | – You ever go to the wrestling? – What do you think? | -你去看过摔跤吗 -你觉得呢 |
[40:58] | “Faces and heels.” | “英雄和反派” |
[41:00] | That’s what the Yanks call ’em. | 美国人就那么说 |
[41:03] | Like the white hats and the black in the cowboy pictures. | 就像牛仔电影里的白帽和黑帽 |
[41:07] | Good guys and villains. | 好人和恶人 |
[41:10] | Just like the opera. | 就像歌剧那样 |
[41:14] | It’s the “face” in a bout the punters can root for. | 下注者会为”英雄”呐喊 |
[41:17] | The “heel” gives ’em someone to boo. | 然后嘘”反派” |
[41:21] | Sir. Morse. | 长官 摩斯 |
[41:23] | Your warrant came through for Mrs Radowicz’s. | 拉多维奇太太家的搜查令来了 |
[41:35] | He’s entitled to his opinion, the same as anybody else. | 他有权有自己的看法 跟其他人一样 |
[41:38] | They’re just not like us. | 他们跟我们不一样 |
[41:39] | In what way are they not like us, Mrs Radowicz? | 他们怎么跟我们不一样了 拉多维奇太太 |
[41:42] | All ways. | 哪都不一样 |
[41:43] | They don’t talk the way we do | 他们说话方式跟我们不一样 |
[41:45] | and they make a noise till all hours, | 他们从早到晚吵吵闹闹 |
[41:46] | coming and going, and their food smells funny. | 来来去去 他们的食物也一股怪味儿 |
[41:50] | – Their food smells funny? – Well, it does! | -食物有怪味儿 -就是有嘛 |
[41:53] | But you wouldn’t know about that because people like you | 但你不会知道 因为你这样的人 |
[41:55] | don’t have to live on the same street as them. | 不用跟他们住一条街 |
[41:57] | Look, do you want to see your Gary get into even more trouble | 你希望你家盖瑞惹上更多麻烦 |
[41:59] | and end up in Borstal? | 进少年犯感化院吗 |
[42:03] | – Shh, stay there! – ‘Mum?’ | -别动 -妈妈 |
[42:20] | – Smoke? – No. | -抽烟吗 -不 |
[42:23] | Before we start, | 我们开始前 |
[42:25] | we’ve got witnesses can put you at the scene | 我们有目击证人证明你在案发时 |
[42:28] | at the time in question, | 就在现场 |
[42:29] | so, before you answer, you might like to think about that. | 所以 你回答前 最好想想这个 |
[42:32] | I wasn’t there. I don’t care what anybody says. | 我没在 我不管别人怎么说 |
[42:35] | Who else was there, Gary? | 还有谁在 盖瑞 |
[42:36] | I wouldn’t know, would I? Seeing as I wasn’t there. | 我怎么知道 我又不在 |
[42:38] | Look, it’s easy to follow the pack. | 谁都会随大流 |
[42:42] | Older boys, men, you wanna fit in, | 你想融入那些年长的人 成年人 |
[42:44] | be one of the lads. | 成为其中一份子 |
[42:47] | Tell us about Martin Gorman. | 跟我们说说马丁·高曼 |
[42:49] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[42:50] | – Well, you like him. – I’m not a queer. | -你喜欢他 -我又不是基佬 |
[42:53] | I mean… you admire him, then. | 那…你崇敬他 |
[42:55] | – He talks sense. – About what? | -他说话有理 -什么话 |
[42:58] | About the foreigners. Immigration. | 关于外国人的话 移民的话 |
[43:01] | The blacks. Pakis. | 黑人 巴基斯坦人 |
[43:03] | Coming over here, taking all the jobs and the houses and that. | 跑来我们这里 夺走工作和住房 |
[43:06] | What, you don’t care for them? | 怎么 你不喜欢他们吗 |
[43:07] | I don’t care for people ruining my country, no. | 我的确不喜欢有人毁掉我的国家 |
[43:09] | Is that why you stuck a knife in one of the Asian lads? | 所以你才拿刀捅了一个亚裔男孩吗 |
[43:11] | I didn’t stab anyone. | 我没捅谁 |
[43:15] | Gary Rogers. | 盖瑞·罗杰斯 |
[43:17] | What’s that about? | 为什么改名 |
[43:19] | You wanna go round my school with a Polish name. | 你倒是顶着个波兰名字去上学 |
[43:21] | – See what it gets you. – You were bullied? | -看看是什么境遇 -你被霸凌了吗 |
[43:25] | Gerwazy Radowicz. | 盖瓦奇·拉多维奇 |
[43:28] | You had that hanging round your neck, | 如果你有这样的累赘 |
[43:29] | you’d call yourself Gary Rogers an’ all. | 也会喊自己盖瑞·罗杰斯 |
[43:31] | I’m British… not Polish. | 我是英国人 不是波兰人 |
[43:34] | How’d your parents feel about that? | 你父母对此怎么看 |
[43:36] | What I call myself is none of her business. | 我管自己叫什么不关她的事 |
[43:37] | And your father? | 你父亲呢 |
[43:39] | Died. When I was five. | 死了 我五岁时 |
[43:41] | – Sorry. – There’s no need. | -我很遗憾 -不必 |
[43:43] | – He’s nothing to me. – He should be. | -他对我什么都不是 -那可不该 |
[43:46] | – Why? – He’s your father. | -为什么 -他是你父亲 |
[43:49] | You never knew him. | 你又不认识他 |
[43:50] | She only took up with him for the money she could screw out of him. | 她跟他结婚也只是为了榨他的钱 |
[43:53] | Look… | 听着 |
[43:55] | I didn’t stab anyone. I wasn’t there, | 我没捅谁 我当时不在 |
[43:58] | and you can’t put a knife in my hand. | 你不能把刀栽在我手里 |
[44:00] | No, we can’t. | 是啊 |
[44:02] | But we do have a group of Asian lads, | 但我们有一群亚裔青年 |
[44:03] | who can pick you out of a line-up, | 能在列队指认时指认你 |
[44:04] | and they will pick you out, Gary. | 他们会指认你的 盖瑞 |
[44:09] | Sir? | 长官 |
[44:19] | But I thought this boy had been recognised. | 但这小子不都被认出来了吗 |
[44:21] | Well, no, the eyewitness who named him | 之前指认了他的目击证人 |
[44:23] | now isn’t sure it was Gary after all. | 现在又不确定是盖瑞了 |
[44:25] | They’ve withdrawn their earlier statement. | 他们撤回了之前的口供 |
[44:27] | Someone put the frighteners on, you think? | 是有人吓唬他们了吗 |
[44:29] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[44:30] | But whatever the cause, we’ve had to let him go. | 不管为什么 我们只能放了他 |
[44:32] | Sarge, the Sardar family are asking for an update. | 警长 萨达家来问进展了 |
[44:34] | I’d better get that. | 我去接一下 |
[44:37] | Never the buggers that load the gun, is it? | 从不是给枪上子弹的混蛋 |
[44:41] | – How’s that? – Always the ones that pull the trigger. | -什么 -总是扣扳机的那个 |
[44:44] | That tripe-hound, Gorman’s every bit as responsible | 那混蛋高曼 对刺伤的事 |
[44:48] | for the stabbing as the boy was, | 跟那孩子一样负有责任 |
[44:49] | filling his head full of rubbish. | 给他脑子里灌毒水 |
[44:51] | But nothing ever sticks to those bastards. | 但那些混蛋你抓不着 |
[44:54] | British Movement. He’s a movement, all right. | 不列颠运动 他真是能运动 |
[44:56] | May have been Gorman who put the knife into his hand, | 或许是高曼把刀塞进了他手里 |
[44:58] | but it was Gary that stuck it into another human being. | 但是盖瑞把刀捅进了另一个人身体里 |
[45:01] | – A boy not so different from himself. – Different enough. | -一个跟他没多大不同的男孩 -够不同了 |
[45:06] | Boy doesn’t know what he is yet. | 那男孩还不了解自己 |
[45:08] | Whether he’s coming or going. | 不知道何去何从 |
[45:11] | English, Polish, growing up for the most part without a father. | 英国人 波兰人 从小没了父亲 |
[45:14] | – Everybody has a choice. – Do they? | -每个人都能选择 -是吗 |
[45:18] | I just hope the lad sees sense about Gorman and his kind. | 我只希望那孩子能看清高曼他们那帮人 |
[45:21] | Got time for a pint? | 有时间喝杯酒吗 |
[45:24] | No, I can’t, not tonight. | 不行 今晚不行 |
[45:25] | No? Date, is it? | 是吗 有约啊 |
[45:28] | I’ll see you tomorrow, then. | 那明天见了 |
[45:58] | Morse, good to see you! | 摩斯 见到你真好 |
[46:01] | – Hello. – Welcome. | -你好 -欢迎 |
[46:03] | Ludo? | 鲁多 |
[46:06] | I spoke prematurely. La bella signora has returned to me. | 我话说早了 我美丽的夫人又回到了我身边 |
[46:11] | Perhaps you should think of flying a flag. | 或许你该升个旗 |
[46:14] | Hello again. | 又见了 |
[46:15] | Hello. | 你好 |
[46:17] | To indicate that she is in residence, yes? | 以表明她在这里 是吗 |
[46:19] | – Like Her Majesty. – Exactly that. | -就像女王陛下 -对 |
[46:23] | You’ve been in Monaco, Ludo says. | 鲁多说你去了摩纳哥 |
[46:25] | Monaco. Antibes. | 摩纳哥 昂蒂布 |
[46:27] | Right. | 嗯 |
[46:29] | Well, look, I’ve no wish to intrude upon a happy reunion, so I’ll… | 我不想打扰你们开心重聚 那我… |
[46:31] | Nonsense, we’re delighted to see you, aren’t we? | 别傻了 我们很高兴见到你 是吧 |
[46:34] | Of course. | 当然 |
[46:36] | What would you like to drink? | 你要喝什么 |
[46:42] | Whatever’s going. | 有什么喝什么 |
[46:44] | You shoot? | 你打猎吗 |
[46:46] | – Birds? – No. People. | -鸟吗 -不 人 |
[46:50] | It’s a little early for game, isn’t it? | 现在打猎有点早吧 |
[46:52] | Come. Come. | 来吧 |
[46:53] | Pull! | 发 |
[46:58] | Did you see, darling? | 看到了吗 亲爱的 |
[47:00] | – Did you see that wonderful shot? – I saw. | -看到他的神枪法了吗 -看到了 |
[47:03] | How is the world of criminality? | 犯罪世界如何了 |
[47:05] | I read in the press about Oberon Prince. Can that be right? | 我在报上读到了欧博朗·普林斯的事 是真的吗 |
[47:08] | – Yeah. Do you know him? – Slightly. | -是 你认识他吗 -算是吧 |
[47:10] | All right, I suppose. He’s no Robert Danvers. | 他还好吧 比不上罗伯特·丹佛斯 |
[47:14] | – What’s this? – Someone was murdered. | -怎么回事 -有人被杀了 |
[47:16] | This Prince fellow is suspect. | 这个普林斯是个嫌疑人 |
[47:18] | Will you catch him? | 你能抓到他吗 |
[47:20] | I expect so. Sooner or later. | 应该能 迟早吧 |
[47:23] | What a blood-soaked life you lead. | 你的生活真是充满鲜血 |
[47:25] | Pull! | 发 |
[47:28] | Yeah it’s that, all right. | 是吧 |
[47:30] | No matter how many cases you solve or bad people you put away, | 不管你破多少案子 把多少坏人关起来 |
[47:32] | there’s always another one standing right behind them. | 他们之后总会有更多 |
[47:34] | There speaks a devil sick of sin. | 听上去像厌倦了罪孽的魔鬼 |
[47:36] | I just wonder if I’ve stayed too long at the fair. | 我就是觉得我是不是干太久了 |
[47:39] | Why do it, if you hate it so much? | 如果你那么不喜欢 为什么还做 |
[47:43] | I suppose because I’m no good at anything else. | 或许是因为我不擅长别的 |
[47:47] | And because the dead deserve justice. | 也因为死者该得到公道 |
[47:51] | There’s a delivery man’s lost his life | 那个死掉的送餐员 |
[47:53] | and a… A woman left a widow. | 和他留下的寡妇 |
[47:56] | Life, death, rich, poor. | 生 死 富 穷 |
[47:58] | It’s all a roll of the dice, Morse. | 都是运气 摩斯 |
[47:59] | There’s no reason to any of it. | 根本毫无道理 |
[48:01] | They’re not responsible. | 那不是他们的责任 |
[48:03] | Some people are just unlucky. | 有些人只是不走运 |
[48:06] | Pull! | 发 |
[48:10] | ‘Britain already is part | 英国本就是 |
[48:13] | ‘of the European Trade Association. | 欧洲贸易协会的成员 |
[48:16] | – ‘We have applied for membership…’ – All right? | -我们申请… -还好吗 |
[48:22] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[48:25] | Yeah, I’m gonna take a turn round the block. | 我要去街区里绕一圈 |
[48:29] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[48:30] | Just, er… | 就是… |
[48:33] | Just work. | 就是公事 |
[48:36] | I’m here, you know, if you want to talk about anything. | 我在这儿 如果你想谈谈的话 |
[48:43] | Whatever it is, you’ll put it right. | 不管是什么 你肯定能解决 |
[48:46] | It’s what you do. | 你就做这个 |
[49:05] | I owe you an explanation. | 我欠你个解释 |
[49:13] | “No questions”, wasn’t it? | “不问问题” 不是吗 |
[49:17] | A mere “Goodbye” might have been polite, | 道个别或许会更礼貌些 |
[49:20] | but nobody died. | 但又没死人 |
[49:22] | You don’t owe me anything. | 你不欠我什么 |
[49:24] | Can I see you? | 我能见你吗 |
[49:33] | I don’t think so. | 还是算了 |
[49:38] | He’s a friend. | 他是我朋友 |
[49:43] | Affairs with married women? | 跟已婚女人出轨 |
[49:45] | I’m sorry, it’s just not my… not my scene. | 抱歉 那不是…我不做这种事 |
[49:48] | I thought we’d crack open the Margeaux. | 我们不如开瓶玛尔戈红葡萄酒 |
[49:52] | I’ll leave you to it. | 我不打扰你了 |
[49:55] | It’ll have to be another time, I’m afraid. Work. | 只能下次了 我还有公事 |
[49:59] | You approve? Violetta. | 你还喜欢吗 维奥莱塔 |
[50:02] | Yeah, you’re a lucky man. | 当然 你真幸运 |
[50:04] | Yes, I am. God knows what I did to deserve her. | 是啊 天知道我怎么会配得上她 |
[50:08] | If I lost her, I don’t know what I’d do. | 如果我失去了她 我会不知如何是好 |
[50:09] | Then don’t. | 那就别失去她 |
[50:11] | No. I don’t intend to. | 是啊 我也不想失去她 |
[50:15] | We’ll go out. | 我们再出去吧 |
[50:17] | Tannheuser at Covent Garden. | 科芬园的谭霍泽 |
[50:19] | Look, you can’t be running around London getting drunk with me. | 你不能跟我一起满伦敦买醉 |
[50:22] | Your wife’s back now. Take her. | 你妻子不是回来了 带她去吧 |
[50:26] | Violetta hates the opera. | 维奥莱塔讨厌歌剧 |
[50:28] | Next week! | 下周吧 |
[50:29] | Let’s do it, come on! Best seats in the house! | 我们去吧 剧院里最好的座位 |
[50:46] | Sir? | 长官 |
[51:17] | Mr Sardar? | 萨达先生 |
[51:19] | We’ve been looking for you. | 我们一直在找你 |
[51:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[51:24] | I… I must go… home. | 我得回家 |
[51:28] | Course, you do. | 当然了 |
[51:31] | Come on. You’re drenched through. | 来吧 你都湿透了 |
[51:34] | There you are. | 来吧 |
[51:37] | You’re lucky we got a report about your wanderings. | 幸好 有人看到你报了案 |
[51:41] | Anyway… | 好了 |
[51:43] | I forget things. | 我会忘事 |
[51:49] | Well, I’m… I’m sure we all do that. | 那…是难免的吧 |
[51:55] | I’ll go into a room and I can’t remember what I’ve come in for. | 我会走进房间 然后忘记我进来干什么 |
[51:58] | Or I’ll put my pipe down, and… | 或是放下了烟斗 |
[52:02] | damn me if I can remember where I left it. | 就再也想不起是放哪了 |
[52:05] | It’s more than that, I can’t remember… | 不止那样 我会忘记 |
[52:09] | ..Words. | 词语 |
[52:11] | I… | 我… |
[52:12] | You know, conversations I had five minutes ago. | 忘记我五分钟前才说过的话 |
[52:16] | Well, your eldest son’s a doctor, isn’t he? | 你的长子不是医生吗 |
[52:20] | – Overwork, he says. – Well, there you are, then. | -他说是疲劳过度 -这不就是了 |
[52:25] | I feel like I’m… | 我觉得我在… |
[52:29] | ..Fading. | 消逝 |
[52:31] | Like there’s a darkness on the edge of sight… | 就好像地平线边缘有一抹黑暗 |
[52:35] | ..Slowly creeping in. | 在慢慢靠近 |
[52:39] | And the more… you look | 你越是拿眼角 |
[52:43] | out of the corner of your eye… | 去瞟它 |
[52:49] | ..The more it slips out of view. | 你越是看不到 |
[52:54] | But I know it’s there. | 但我知道它在 |
[53:01] | Come on, let’s get you inside. | 走吧 我们送你进去 |
[53:03] | He had been taking money, I think. | 我觉得他一直在偷钱 |
[53:08] | Who had? | 谁 |
[53:11] | Mr Aziz. | 阿齐兹先生 |
[53:15] | Skimming, you call it now. | 所谓的揩油 |
[53:16] | Everyone thought it was me forgetting, | 大家都以为是我忘事 |
[53:19] | but it was him. | 但其实是他 |
[53:21] | Not enough to stand out, but… | 虽然不足以让人警觉 但 |
[53:25] | ..Over a long period of time. | 经过很长一段时间就… |
[53:29] | You should’ve said. | 你早该说出来 |
[53:33] | I should’ve paid him more. | 我早该给他加薪 |
[53:41] | So, all that about Uqbah coming up short | 之前说餐馆晚上结账时 |
[53:43] | when they cashed up of an evening in the restaurant | 发现乌克巴少收了钱 |
[53:46] | was likely down to Mr Aziz having his fingers in the till. | 但其实可能是阿齐兹先生在偷钱 |
[53:50] | I’ve run a registration check on cars parked illegally | 我查了违规停在蒂芬院外的 |
[53:53] | – outside Tiffin Court. – Where’s this come from? | -车牌的注册人 -哪来的消息 |
[53:55] | The porter, Mr Comer. | 门房 科莫先生 |
[53:57] | We got a few frequent customers. | 有几个人常去 |
[53:59] | The most regular, a cream Mercedes. | 最常去的 是一辆奶白的奔驰 |
[54:01] | Saturday and Wednesdays, roughly the same time. | 周六和周三 差不多是同一个时间 |
[54:04] | Any idea who it belongs to? | 知道是谁的吗 |
[54:22] | I really don’t know what I can do for you. | 我不知道我还能帮你们什么 |
[54:24] | Dr Sardar. | 萨达医生 |
[54:26] | You on a house call? | 你来上门看诊吗 |
[54:28] | If you forgive me, my private life is none of your concern. | 请原谅 我的私生活跟你们无关 |
[54:30] | It is if it has anything to do with what happened to Mr Aziz | 如果跟那晚10号公寓里 阿齐兹先生被杀有关 |
[54:33] | in flat ten the other night. | 那就跟我们有关了 |
[54:35] | Why don’t you sit down? And you, Miss Trent. | 你坐下吧 你也是 谭特小姐 |
[54:39] | We really don’t know anything about that. | 我们真不知道那事 |
[54:41] | Really, we don’t! | 真不知道 |
[54:42] | So, were you here on Monday night, Doctor? | 那你周一晚上来这里了吗 医生 |
[54:45] | We can easily find out if your car was. | 我们很好查你的车在不在 |
[54:47] | He was gone by 11. | 他11点就走了 |
[54:49] | Did you see anyone loitering about the place? | 你是否看到任何人在附近逗留 |
[54:51] | No. Look, I have not broken the law. | 没有 我又没犯法 |
[54:54] | You denied ever having heard about Tiffin Court. | 你可是否认了知道蒂芬院 |
[54:56] | Why do that, unless you had something to hide? | 你要不是有事想隐瞒 为何要撒谎 |
[54:58] | What should I have said? | 我还能说什么 |
[55:00] | Me and Ilsa know nothing about what happened to poor Mr Aziz. | 我和伊尔莎完全不了解阿齐兹先生的事 |
[55:03] | OK? Just a coincidence. | 好吗 只是个巧合 |
[55:05] | So what is it that you didn’t want us to know? | 那你是不希望我们知道什么 |
[55:09] | I know Prince. | 我认识普林斯 |
[55:10] | – I’ve seen him once or twice, we play cards together. – Where? | -我见过他一两次 跟他玩过牌 -在哪 |
[55:13] | Here and there. It’s nothing regular. | 这里那里 并没有固定安排 |
[55:18] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I really do have patients to see. | 失陪了 我还得去看病人 |
[55:20] | There’s nothing else I can tell you right now. | 我现在也再说不出别的什么了 |
[55:23] | So if I may? | 我可以走了吗 |
[55:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[55:30] | For now. | 暂时没事了 |
[55:34] | We know where to find you. | 我们知道去哪找你 |
[55:44] | Where did you two meet? | 你俩怎么认识的 |
[55:46] | My father runs a floating poker game. | 我父亲会组织牌局 |
[55:48] | High stakes for local business types. | 高赌注 找本地商人 |
[55:50] | Who’s your father? | 你父亲是谁 |
[55:52] | Look, my father’s got nothing to do with this. | 我父亲跟此事无关 |
[55:55] | – I’d as soon as not say. – We can easily find out. | -我不太想说 -这很好查 |
[56:00] | That’s my dad there. | 那就是我爸 |
[56:02] | Did Oberon Prince ever play at your father’s poker game? | 欧博朗·普林斯参加过你爸的牌局吗 |
[56:06] | I think he was a regular, yeah. | 他好像是个常客 |
[56:08] | Not much of a card player, though, Dad said. | 但爸爸说他牌技一般 |
[56:10] | Which made him the perfect addition. | 所以他能来正好了 |
[56:35] | What you do. | 你的工作 |
[56:38] | The people you meet, they’ve done bad things. | 你结识的人 他们都做了坏事 |
[56:40] | Mm, some. | 有些人吧 |
[56:41] | You forgive them? | 你原谅他们吗 |
[56:43] | I’m not very good at forgiveness. | 我不太擅长原谅 |
[56:47] | Would you forgive me if I did something bad? | 如果我做了坏事你会原谅我吗 |
[56:52] | That depends what it was. | 那要看是什么事了 |
[56:55] | And if there was contrition. | 以及你是否悔悟 |
[56:57] | Genuine contrition. | 真心悔悟 |
[56:59] | How would you know if it was genuine? | 你怎么能知道我是不是真心 |
[57:02] | Do you want to get something off your chest? | 你有话想一吐为快吗 |
[57:06] | Because if you wanna confess, | 如果你想忏悔 |
[57:07] | I’m sure there’s 100 churches in this city. | 这城市里有上百座教堂呢 |
[57:09] | 139, I counted them. | 139座 我数过了 |
[57:13] | I don’t want to confess. | 我不想忏悔 |
[57:15] | I just want to know that you’d forgive me. | 我只想知道你会原谅我 |
[57:41] | ‘Morse? It’s me. | 摩斯 是我 |
[57:46] | ‘Morse?’ | 摩斯 |
[57:57] | Mind out! | 小心 |
[58:08] | ‘A police murder investigation is continuing | 警方仍在调查 |
[58:11] | ‘into the death of a Pakistani delivery driver | 巴基斯坦送餐员死在 |
[58:13] | ‘who was found dead in the home of television chef | 电视厨师和著名美食评论家 |
[58:16] | ‘and renowned food critic Oberon Prince. | 欧博朗·普林斯家中的案子 |
[58:19] | ‘The chef has not been seen since the night of the murder. | 这位厨师自凶案当晚 就再未出现 |
[58:22] | ‘In other news, | 另一则消息 |
[58:23] | ‘the victim of what is believed to be a racist attack | 一起种族歧视袭击案的受害者 |
[58:27] | ‘is still critically ill in hospital | 仍情况危急 在医院接受救治 |
[58:30] | ‘The teenager was with a group of friends in the city | 这位少年跟一群朋友在市区里 |
[58:32] | ‘when they were…’ | 遭到… |
[58:54] | You came. | 你来了 |
[58:56] | Where does he think you are? | 他以为你在哪 |
[58:58] | Seeing a girlfriend. | 去见个姐妹了 |
[59:02] | The lies come easy once they start, don’t they? | 撒过一次谎 便张口就来了 是吗 |
[59:05] | They do when it matters. | 重要的时候是的 |
[59:07] | What was it that couldn’t wait? You said it was important. | 是什么事等不及了 你说是要紧事 |
[59:10] | – I needed to see you. Alone. – Why? | -我需要单独见你 -为什么 |
[59:15] | To see if I still felt the same. | 我想看看我是否还有之前那样的感觉 |
[59:18] | Look… | 听着 |
[59:21] | ..If you’re unhappy… | 如果你不幸福 |
[59:23] | ..You should just make a clean break of it. | 你应该干脆利落地做个了断 |
[59:25] | I’m not unhappy. | 我没有不幸福 |
[59:28] | I’m afraid. | 我是怕 |
[59:31] | Of what? | 怕什么 |
[59:35] | Letting something slip through my fingers. | 怕错过 |
[59:40] | Something good. | 错过美好的东西 |
[59:55] | Venice was Venice. | 在威尼斯时是一回事 |
[59:57] | You… | 你 |
[59:58] | You stepped out of your life for a minute | 你暂时离开了你的生活 |
[1:00:00] | and found yourself in mine. | 步入了我的生活 |
[1:00:02] | And it was wonderful. | 那很美妙 |
[1:00:03] | But it wasn’t real. | 但那不是真的 |
[1:00:06] | It was for me. | 对我来说是真的 |
[1:00:16] | Tell me you don’t want me. | 你能说你不想要我吗 |
[1:00:18] | I don’t want you. | 我不想要你 |
[1:00:20] | Tell me again. | 再说一遍 |
[1:00:25] | I can’t save you. | 我无法拯救你 |
[1:00:33] | Then no-one can. | 那就没人能了 |
[1:01:22] | You started smoking? | 你还抽起烟了 |
[1:01:25] | It’s a dirty habit. | 这是个恶心的习惯 |
[1:01:26] | I married who you wanted me to marry, | 我嫁给了你想要我嫁的人 |
[1:01:28] | look how that worked out. | 结果呢 |
[1:01:30] | I’m not gonna live like a nun. | 我不会活得像个修女 |
[1:01:32] | You’re not gonna live like a slut neither! | 你也不能活得像个荡妇 |
[1:01:35] | I hear things, Ilsa. | 我能听到一些事 伊尔莎 |
[1:01:36] | – I don’t care what you hear. – I can see that. | -我才不在乎你都听到什么了 -我看出来了 |
[1:01:39] | Look, I’ve got a reputation to maintain. | 我还得维护我的名声 |
[1:01:43] | What with the election and everything. | 因为选举什么的 |
[1:01:45] | Don’t you think about that? | 你就不想想吗 |
[1:01:46] | How’d you think it’s gonna look | 你到处招蜂引蝶 |
[1:01:47] | if you’re carrying on with all and sundry? | 别人会怎么想 |
[1:01:49] | If you’ve just come round to bawl at me, I’m going to bed. | 如果你是专程来吼我 那我去睡了 |
[1:01:52] | You can let yourself out. | 你自己出去吧 |
[1:02:09] | No, here! | 不 这边 |
[1:02:38] | It was a private game between friends. | 就是朋友间的私下牌局 |
[1:02:40] | Was Oberon Prince amongst them? | 欧博朗·普林斯也参加了吗 |
[1:02:42] | From time to time. | 时不时吧 |
[1:02:43] | Oberon’s a heavy roller, he’ll bet on anything, | 欧博朗很好赌 他什么都赌 |
[1:02:46] | anywhere, any time. | 随时随地 |
[1:02:47] | He’ll bet on two flies crawling up the wall. | 他能拿两只爬墙的苍蝇赌 |
[1:02:49] | Chaps like him, it’s a disease. | 对于他那样的人 就是种病 |
[1:02:51] | You play with the Sardar family, I believe. | 你还跟萨达家赌吧 |
[1:02:54] | Pakistanis. | 巴基斯坦人 |
[1:02:55] | So, your prejudice ends at the poker table. | 看来你的偏见不会带上牌桌 |
[1:02:58] | I’ll take cash off anybody who’s got it. | 谁有钱我就赚谁的 |
[1:03:00] | Black, brown, yellow. | 黑人 南亚 东亚 |
[1:03:02] | There’s an old saying… “money has no smell”. | 有句老话 “钱没有味儿” |
[1:03:05] | What, everyone’s equal before the cards? | 纸牌面前人人平等吗 |
[1:03:07] | Well, that’s the nature of chance. | 运气就是如此 |
[1:03:10] | Still, not something I imagine you’d want widely known, is it? | 但这也不会是你希望人尽皆知的事吧 |
[1:03:16] | Well, it’s not your place to blab, is it? | 反正你也不能多嘴 是吧 |
[1:03:19] | When did you see him last? Prince. | 你最后见他是什么时候 普林斯 |
[1:03:21] | Well, we were supposed to play last Saturday, | 我们上周六本约好一起打 |
[1:03:23] | but what with… this… | 但因为…这事 |
[1:03:25] | the game got bumped. | 牌局被推掉了 |
[1:03:27] | The previous week, he’d hosted the game at his place, | 上一周 他是在他家主持的牌局 |
[1:03:29] | but I was busy with the election campaign, | 但我忙于竞选宣传 |
[1:03:31] | so I missed it. | 就没去 |
[1:03:32] | Although I heard from a friend of friend that he won big. | 但我听一个朋友的朋友说 他赢大了 |
[1:03:36] | Cleaned out one of our tinted types. | 从一个有色人手里赢了一大笔 |
[1:03:38] | Who? | 谁 |
[1:03:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:03:40] | Like I said, I wasn’t there. | 我说了 我没去 |
[1:03:41] | I want a list of your regular players. | 我要一张你常规玩家的名单 |
[1:03:44] | I’m sure you do! | 当然了 |
[1:03:46] | Look… these are wealthy individuals. | 这些都是有钱人 |
[1:03:49] | – They buy and sell people like you. – Really? | -他们拿你们这样的人当商品 -是吗 |
[1:03:52] | I can’t imagine it would do your election campaign much good | 我想如果被人知道你私下里喜欢跟 |
[1:03:55] | if it got out that in your private life, | 巴基斯坦人打牌 |
[1:03:56] | you enjoy play cards with Pakistanis. | 对你的选举肯定不利吧 |
[1:04:00] | You’re bluffing. You’re a copper. | 你在唬人 你可是警察 |
[1:04:02] | It’s beyond your remit. | 你不能这么做 |
[1:04:03] | Indiscretion is second nature to me, Mr Gorman. | 我这人就是嘴巴不严 高曼先生 |
[1:04:06] | Especially when speaking to members | 尤其是在跟媒体人 |
[1:04:07] | of the Fourth Estate, I assure you. | 说话的时候 相信我 |
[1:04:09] | – I don’t believe you. – You should, Mr Gorman. | -我不信 -你该信 高曼先生 |
[1:04:12] | We’re the police, we don’t bluff. | 我们可是警察 我们不唬人 |
[1:04:15] | He’d better come up with that list of names and addresses. | 他最好拿出那份名单和地址 |
[1:04:18] | While we’re waiting, we might get something | 等待期间 普林斯公寓的 |
[1:04:20] | from the poker chips and playing cards in Prince’s flat. | 扑克筹码和牌里或许有线索 |
[1:04:23] | Well, there’s more than one way to skin a donkey. | 达到目的的方法不止一种 |
[1:04:27] | Gorman’s daughter? You must be mad. | 高曼的女儿 你疯了吧 |
[1:04:30] | – Or in love. – Oh, please! Love? | -或是陷入爱河了 -得了 爱 |
[1:04:33] | You think love’ll save you from her father’s thugs? | 你觉得爱能让你避免被她父亲的暴徒打死吗 |
[1:04:36] | Wake up, Farook! | 醒醒吧 法鲁克 |
[1:04:37] | This place is finished for the likes of us. | 我们在这地方待不下去了 |
[1:04:40] | – Yeah, not for me. – No. No. Of course not for you | -对我可不是 -是啊 当然了 |
[1:04:44] | You’re the Great British doctor. | 你是了不起的英国医生 |
[1:04:46] | – Come on. – Don’t kid yourself. | -得了 -少自欺欺人了 |
[1:04:48] | They tolerate you. | 他们容忍你 |
[1:04:50] | Because you’re useful. | 因为你有用 |
[1:04:52] | That’s what… that’s what they mean by “tolerance”, right? | 那就是”容忍”的意思吧 |
[1:04:55] | Putting up with something they’d sooner not. | 忍耐他们并不想忍的东西 |
[1:04:58] | I don’t want to be tolerated. | 我不想被”容忍” |
[1:05:00] | I want to belong. | 我想有归属感 |
[1:05:01] | – Salim… – I’m getting out. | -萨利姆 -我要走了 |
[1:05:05] | Going home. | 回家去 |
[1:05:06] | Home? | 回家 |
[1:05:10] | To Bengal? | 孟加拉吗 |
[1:05:12] | And you call ME mad?! | 你还说我疯了 |
[1:05:14] | I’ve been talking to Cousin Arik. | 我跟阿里克表亲聊过 |
[1:05:15] | Oh, Cousin Arik the Nationalist? | 那个民族主义者吗 |
[1:05:17] | We could be part of something. All of us. | 我们可以找到归宿 我们所有人 |
[1:05:20] | Something good. Something new. | 好归宿 新归宿 |
[1:05:25] | What does Nuha think about this? | 奴哈怎么想 |
[1:05:27] | She’ll follow her husband, in all things. | 她会听从丈夫的安排 所有事都该如此 |
[1:05:31] | – You mean you haven’t told her. – No. He hasn’t. | -你是说你还没告诉她 -对 他没有 |
[1:05:36] | Is that’s what these late-night calls have been about? | 这就是你打的那些深夜电话吗 |
[1:05:39] | We’re not talking about this now. | 我们现在不谈这个 |
[1:05:45] | I won’t go back. | 我绝不回去 |
[1:05:47] | This is my home now and I won’t be driven out. | 这里现在是我家了 我不会被人赶走 |
[1:05:49] | – Should tell him, not me. – He’s YOUR brother! | -你去跟他说 别跟我说 -他是你弟弟 |
[1:05:52] | And he’s your husband. | 他是你丈夫 |
[1:06:05] | Is this all? | 没别的了吗 |
[1:06:06] | Enough, isn’t it? | 够多了吧 |
[1:06:08] | An elegant sufficiency, thank you. | 的确不少了 谢谢 |
[1:06:11] | Insofar as we appear to have one torso, | 目前 似乎是发现了一具躯干 |
[1:06:14] | together with both legs and arms, | 以及四肢 |
[1:06:18] | but we are deficient to the tune of one head. | 但少了一颗头 |
[1:06:21] | And the mountain range one might expect to find, | 以及如地质学家笑话里说的 |
[1:06:25] | as the old geographers’ joke has it, | 那在伦敦人手里 |
[1:06:28] | at the end of a cockney’s wristies. | 竖立起的山峦 |
[1:06:34] | His ‘andies, Sergeant. | 他的生殖器 警长 |
[1:06:38] | I’ll know better once I’ve got him laid out. | 等我把他铺开 就能了解更多了 |
[1:06:41] | But in the inside compartment in the suitcase, | 但在箱子的内格里 |
[1:06:45] | there’s a BEA airline ticket and a passport. | 有张英国欧洲航空公司的机票和一本护照 |
[1:06:49] | In the name of Oberon Prince. | 姓名是欧博朗·普林斯 |
[1:06:54] | If there’s nothing else, Doctor, | 如果没别的事了 医生 |
[1:06:55] | I think we’ll leave you to your jigsaw and move upwind. | 我们就留下你来做拼图 然后去上风处了 |
[1:06:58] | By all means. Shall we say two o’clock? | 请便 那2点见吧 |
[1:07:04] | How can someone do that to another human being? | 怎么能有人对另一个人做出那种事 |
[1:07:06] | He’s already done the worst thing. | 他已经做了最坏的事 |
[1:07:08] | That might turn our stomachs, but the victim’s long past caring. | 那虽然让我们恶心 但被害人是不会在意了 |
[1:07:13] | So what do we imagine has taken place? | 那我们现在猜测是怎么回事 |
[1:07:15] | Delivery man stumbles up on something, | 送餐人撞上了什么事 |
[1:07:18] | then whoever killed Oberon Prince had to silence him? | 然后杀了欧博朗·普林斯的人便连他一起杀了 |
[1:07:20] | Possibly, sir. | 有可能 长官 |
[1:07:21] | I don’t think he stumbled on anything, sir. | 我觉得他没撞上任何事 长官 |
[1:07:24] | – I think Mr Aziz was sent there. – How’s that? | -我觉得阿齐兹先生是被有意派去 -怎么说 |
[1:07:27] | Well, I suspect someone sent him | 我猜测有人有意让他 |
[1:07:28] | on a wild goose chase on his third delivery. | 送不出第三笔订单 |
[1:07:30] | – Mendip Gardens West? – Yeah. | -曼迪普花园西 -对 |
[1:07:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:07:33] | Well, if I was killing two people, | 如果我想杀俩人 |
[1:07:35] | it would be easier to deal with them separately. Don’t you think? | 分开对付他们不是更容易吗 |
[1:07:37] | So, whoever it is kills Prince, waits for Aziz to arrive, | 那么杀了普林斯的人 留下等着阿齐兹到来 |
[1:07:40] | then does for him? | 然后再杀了他吗 |
[1:07:41] | Assuming whoever it was wanted both of them dead. | 如果那个凶手的确是想杀他们两人 |
[1:07:44] | Two birds? | 一石二鸟 |
[1:07:56] | In the flat, I asked you if he’d ever mentioned a Mr Aziz. | 在公寓时 我问你他是否提过一位阿齐兹先生 |
[1:07:59] | Now, in light of these recent developments, | 鉴于最新的进展 |
[1:08:01] | I’d like to know if he knew anyone of that name. | 我要问下他是否认识任何姓这个的人 |
[1:08:04] | No. | 不认识 |
[1:08:05] | If he did, he never mentioned anything to me. | 如果认识的话 他也从没和我说过 |
[1:08:08] | Did your husband have any enemies that you are aware of, Mrs Prince? | 你知道你丈夫有什么仇人吗 普林斯太太 |
[1:08:13] | I mean, he might’ve given the odd bad review | 他或许写过一些很差的评论 |
[1:08:15] | that some restauranteur took exception to. | 让某个餐厅老板不满了 |
[1:08:18] | He could be quite difficult, if the mood took him. | 他情绪不好时 会很难相处 |
[1:08:22] | But nothing to warrant something like this. | 但这都不足以引来杀身之祸 |
[1:08:26] | You’re definitely sure it’s Oberon you’ve found? | 你确定找到的是欧博朗吗 |
[1:08:29] | You couldn’t be mistaken? | 你们没弄错吗 |
[1:08:30] | Well, we’ve strong reason to believe it is. | 我们有强烈理由认为是他 |
[1:08:33] | Did he have any distinguishing features, Mrs Prince? | 他有什么显著特征吗 普林斯太太 |
[1:08:35] | He had a… a port-wine birthmark on his left thigh. | 他左大腿上有一块酒红色的胎记 |
[1:08:43] | Is it that bad? | 有那么糟吗 |
[1:08:44] | I’m very sorry. | 我深感抱歉 |
[1:08:46] | No. Thank you. | 不 谢谢你 |
[1:08:49] | Somehow I always knew he’d come back to me in the end. | 不知为何 我一直认为他最终会回到我身边 |
[1:08:53] | One way or another. | 不管怎样 |
[1:08:56] | Not so much dismembered as butchered and jointed. | 与其说是肢解 不如说是砍了之后又拼接起来 |
[1:09:00] | With a rudimentary proficiency and no small amount of luck. | 刀工一般 但运气不错 |
[1:09:05] | – Where? – At the flat, presumably. | -在哪里做的 -大概在公寓吧 |
[1:09:08] | Place would’ve looked like a slaughterhouse, wouldn’t it? | 那样的话 那里不该满地鲜血吗 |
[1:09:11] | – The bathroom? – Well, of course, | -浴室呢 -不用说 |
[1:09:12] | that’s the traditional locus, for obvious reasons. | 那显然是通常会选择的碎尸地点 |
[1:09:17] | I’d be very surprised if Scene Of Crime | 要是犯罪现场调查员不能在 |
[1:09:19] | didn’t get a result from the U-bend of the bath. | 浴室下水管里检测到血的话 我会非常意外 |
[1:09:22] | – How long would it take? – Oh, not that long. | -碎尸要多长时间 -不会太久 |
[1:09:25] | Provided you’ve a decent knife and a passable bone-saw. | 如果你有一把好刀和合格的骨锯 |
[1:09:30] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[1:09:31] | Duxbury’s. The undertakers. | 达斯伯里殡仪馆 |
[1:09:32] | Here about a car crash. | 来接车祸死者 |
[1:09:34] | Female. Whittaker. | 女的 名叫惠特克 |
[1:09:36] | Ah, yes, drawer six. | 没错 在6号抽屉 |
[1:09:38] | I’ll show you. Excuse me. | 我带你去 失陪一下 |
[1:09:52] | Hey, can I have a word? | 我能和你聊两句吗 |
[1:09:55] | The court’s been in touch. | 法庭联系了我们 |
[1:09:56] | About Molly. The trial. | 关于茉莉案的庭审 |
[1:09:58] | Early in the new year they’re saying? | 他们说会在年初 |
[1:10:00] | Yeah, that sounds about right. | 是的 没错 |
[1:10:01] | What if they want me to testify, you think? | 要是他们让我出庭作证呢 |
[1:10:03] | Only as to what you know. | 就按你知道的说吧 |
[1:10:05] | Look, I don’t know what’s going on, | 我不知道怎么回事 |
[1:10:07] | but your guvnor’s following me around. | 但你们头儿一直在跟踪我 |
[1:10:12] | – No, you’re imagining things. – I was at the picture house, Monday. | -没有 你想多了 -周一我去电影院 |
[1:10:15] | He was there. I’ve seen him watching my work too. | 他也在那儿 我还见过他监视我工作 |
[1:10:19] | I’ve spoken to a solicitor. It’s harassment. | 我已经找律师谈过了 这算是骚扰 |
[1:10:22] | I don’t want to make any trouble… | 我不想找麻烦 |
[1:10:25] | ..but unless he lays off, I’ll have to talk to his superiors. | 但除非他打住 否则我要去找他上级了 |
[1:10:28] | Make a complaint. | 提出投诉 |
[1:10:34] | Oi, love! Why don’t you go home?! | 亲爱的 你怎么不回家去 |
[1:10:37] | ‘Police investigating the stabbing of an Oxford teenager | 调查一名牛津少年被刺案的警方 |
[1:10:40] | ‘have now launched a murder investigation | 在男孩于医院逝世后 |
[1:10:42] | ‘following the death of the boy in hospital. | 开始将此案作为凶杀调查 |
[1:10:44] | ‘He had been admitted after a racist attack…’ | 少年是因一起种种族歧视袭击入院… |
[1:10:46] | I don’t believe it! He’s done it again! | 难以置信 他又赢了 |
[1:10:51] | Another win. | 又赢了一把 |
[1:10:54] | Gary! What are you doing here? Come ‘ere. | 盖瑞 你怎么来了 快过来 |
[1:10:59] | Make yourself useful. I’m out of smokes. | 帮帮忙 我烟抽完了 |
[1:11:03] | Nip along and get me a packet of Guardsmen | 跑去给我买包”卫兵” |
[1:11:04] | and some Slim Panatellas, will you? | 还有几根细雪茄 好吗 |
[1:11:06] | I’ll give you the money when you get back. | 等你回来我再给你钱 |
[1:11:12] | He’s a good lad. | 他是个好孩子 |
[1:11:13] | Drinks! | 喝酒 |
[1:11:15] | Oh, no, no, no! | 不不不 |
[1:11:21] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:11:25] | So, you were made by Carl Sturgis at the picture house on Monday. | 你周一在电影院被卡尔·斯特吉斯发现了 |
[1:11:34] | I fancied an evening at the flicks. | 我晚上想看看电影 |
[1:11:36] | X-rated smut? | 限制级影片吗 |
[1:11:38] | Since when did you become part of the plastic mac brigade? | 你什么时候成了雨衣跟踪狂了 |
[1:11:41] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[1:11:45] | I just wanna be sure. | 我只是想确认一下 |
[1:11:47] | Sure of what? | 确认什么 |
[1:11:50] | That we were right about Molly Andrews. | 茉莉·安德鲁斯的案子我们没弄错 |
[1:11:56] | Well… Sturgis is threatening to make a complaint. | 斯特吉斯现在威胁要投诉 |
[1:12:00] | – He won’t. – What if he does? | -他不会的 -如果他真去了呢 |
[1:12:02] | Let him. | 让他去吧 |
[1:12:03] | I know you wanted it to be him… | 我知道你希望凶手是他 |
[1:12:06] | ..but you’re obsessing about the wrong man. | 但你盯错了人 |
[1:12:07] | – You’ve gotta let it drop. – Who do you think you’re talking to? | -你必须停手 -你以为你在和谁说话 |
[1:12:38] | No, wait! | 不 等等 |
[1:13:10] | Mrs Radowicz? | 拉多维奇太太 |
[1:13:11] | What is it now? More lies about my Gary? | 现在又怎么了 还要冤枉我家盖瑞什么 |
[1:13:32] | He’s… he’s cold… | 他好冷 |
[1:13:34] | Why is he so cold? | 他怎么这么冷 |
[1:13:37] | You… you need to warm him up. | 你得让他暖和起来 |
[1:13:40] | Fetch him a blanket! | 给他拿条毯子 |
[1:13:42] | Why… why don’t you give him a blanket? | 你干吗不给他拿条毯子 |
[1:13:46] | He’ll wake up. | 他还能醒过来 |
[1:13:48] | Wake up! Wake up, wake up! | 醒来 快醒来 快醒来 |
[1:13:50] | – Mrs Radowicz… – No! | -拉多维奇太太 -不 |
[1:13:54] | You did this. | 是你 |
[1:13:56] | You did this! You killed him! | 是你 是你害死了他 |
[1:14:00] | Who did this? | 是谁干的 |
[1:14:03] | Who hurt my boy? | 谁害死了我儿子 |
[1:14:11] | I hate them! | 我恨他们 |
[1:14:14] | I hate them all. I hope they die screaming! | 我恨他们所有人 我希望他们哀嚎着死去 |
[1:14:19] | WPC Jarvis will see you home. | 贾维斯女警员会送你回去 |
[1:14:22] | My sincere condolences. | 请接受我诚挚的哀悼 |
[1:14:40] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[1:14:41] | Thought you’d want to know soon as… | 我想你会想马上知道 |
[1:14:43] | There’s a match come through on the thumbprint | 欧博朗·普林斯公寓的指纹 |
[1:14:45] | at Oberon Prince’s flat. | 找到匹配了 |
[1:14:49] | So you were at the Town Hall, | 你去了市政厅 |
[1:14:51] | you did your wrestling, | 你摔完跤后 |
[1:14:53] | then you went out for something to eat. | 就出去吃东西 |
[1:14:55] | – Remember? – Yeah, I remember. | -记得吗 -嗯 我记得 |
[1:14:56] | – An Indian restaurant. – Yeah. | -去了一家印度餐馆 -对 |
[1:14:59] | I said I remember. | 我说了我记得 |
[1:15:01] | ‘There was a bit of an argument with one of the other diners. | 你和另外一位食客争吵了几句 |
[1:15:04] | ‘You remember that? | 你记得吗 |
[1:15:05] | – ‘Vaguely.’ – ‘Man called Oberon Prince?’ | -依稀记得 -那人叫欧博朗·普林斯 |
[1:15:07] | – If you say so. – Where d’you go after the restaurant? | -你说是就是吧 -离开餐馆后你去哪了 |
[1:15:10] | – Back to my digs. – Anyone vouch for you? | -回我住处了 -有人能作证吗 |
[1:15:13] | Yeah. I were bunking in with Johnny Simba. | 有 我和约翰尼·辛巴睡上下铺 |
[1:15:17] | Right, that’s interesting, because according to this, | 这就奇怪了 因为根据口供 |
[1:15:19] | Mr Simba was sharing with the Singh brothers, | 辛巴先生是和辛兄弟睡上下铺 |
[1:15:21] | and you had a single occupancy. | 你单独睡一间房 |
[1:15:24] | Right, well, it changes. | 我们经常换 |
[1:15:26] | We stay in so many places, it’s hard to keep track. | 我们在很多地方住过 记不清了 |
[1:15:29] | But you just went straight back to your digs. | 但你直接就回住处了 |
[1:15:31] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[1:15:32] | Well, I wonder if you can tell us, then, | 那你能否告诉我们 |
[1:15:34] | how your bloody thumb print left an impression on a door frame | 蒂芬院公寓楼内的一个门框上怎么会有 |
[1:15:38] | in a block of flats called Tiffin Court. | 你沾了血的拇指纹 |
[1:15:40] | A flat where we found a man dead, murdered. | 我们在那公寓里发现了一个被杀的男人 |
[1:15:42] | I don’t know anything about it. | 我对此毫不知情 |
[1:15:44] | Well, we know that you were there. | 我们知道你去过那里 |
[1:15:47] | So why don’t you just tell us? | 不如你从实招来吧 |
[1:15:50] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:15:51] | ‘Well… | 当时 |
[1:15:54] | ‘Oberon were drunk, | 欧博朗喝醉了 |
[1:15:56] | ‘and he’d been hassling the lads, but…’ | 还找我们几个的麻烦 |
[1:16:04] | ‘I could see it were a front.’ | 但我能看出他只是在装 |
[1:16:14] | You got somewhere? | 你有住处吗 |
[1:16:17] | – Just like that? – Why not? | -就这样 -有何不可 |
[1:16:20] | I knew him from off the telly. My mum likes his programmes. | 我在电视上见过他 我妈喜欢看他的节目 |
[1:16:24] | He gave me his address and I said I’d drop by later. | 他给了我他的地址 我说我晚点会过去 |
[1:16:26] | Your mates, the other wrestlers, | 你那些哥们 其他摔跤手 |
[1:16:28] | they know about your… preference? | 他们知道你的…偏好吗 |
[1:16:30] | Some. | 有些知道 |
[1:16:32] | Nobody cares. | 没人在乎 |
[1:16:34] | I don’t know about the last time you looked, | 我不知道你看的摔跤什么样 |
[1:16:36] | but we get paid to roll about with blokes | 但我们的工作就是穿着内裤 |
[1:16:37] | wearing only our underpants. | 跟男人滚来滚去 |
[1:16:40] | Wrestling’s just another part of show business, that’s all I’m saying. | 我就是说 摔跤也是一种娱乐业 |
[1:16:43] | So long as you bring the crowds in, | 只要能吸引观众 |
[1:16:44] | nobody cares what you get up to in your private life. | 没人在乎你私底下做些什么 |
[1:16:46] | So what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[1:16:49] | Right, well, | 是这样的 |
[1:16:51] | me and a couple of the lads went to the drinker for an hour or so. | 我和几个兄弟去酒吧里喝了一小时左右 |
[1:16:55] | I got to his flat about one-ish. | 我到他公寓时大概凌晨1点 |
[1:16:57] | Only, I couldn’t get a reply out his flat. | 但是我按他门铃没人回应 |
[1:17:00] | So, I buzzed a few more until somebody answered the door. | 于是我又按了几家门铃 直到有人给我开门 |
[1:17:03] | He said there’d be a key under the mat if I were late, | 他说我如果去得晚 门垫下有把钥匙 |
[1:17:06] | and that I should let myself in. | 我自己进去就行 |
[1:17:13] | ‘There was somebody there. I could hear ’em. | 当时屋里有人 我能听见声音 |
[1:17:17] | ‘Sounded like… I don’t know… ..somebody sawing wood.’ | 听起来就像…我说不好 有人在锯木头 |
[1:17:21] | But you didn’t see anyone? | 但你没看到任何人 |
[1:17:23] | ‘Apart from the dead guy on the floor, no. | 没有 除了地上的死人 |
[1:17:27] | ‘I wasn’t gonna hang around and make introductions.’ | 我可不打算留在那儿 等着互相介绍 |
[1:17:32] | – So what happened to the knife? – I got rid of it. | -那把刀呢 -我丢掉了 |
[1:17:35] | Where? | 丢哪了 |
[1:17:36] | I stuck it down a drain. | 我丢进下水道了 |
[1:17:47] | It’s where Sloan said it was. | 刀就在斯隆说的地方 |
[1:17:48] | It’s the killer’s, then. | 那刀就是凶手的 |
[1:17:50] | That was the telephone exchange. | 电话局刚才打来 |
[1:17:52] | They’ve run down numbers that called the restaurant. | 他们查了打给餐馆的电话 |
[1:17:54] | And two came from the same telephone. | 有两通来自同一个号码 |
[1:18:08] | Order two takeaways from The Jolly Rajah… | 打电话去快乐王公餐馆点两份外卖 |
[1:18:10] | only 20 yards from the phone box? | 而电话亭离餐馆只有20码 |
[1:18:14] | Why two calls? | 为什么打两通电话 |
[1:18:17] | Well, the first is to the bogus address at Mendip Gardens West. | 第一通是曼迪普花园西那个假地址 |
[1:18:20] | The second to Oberon Prince’s flat at Tiffin Court. | 第二通是欧博朗·普林斯在蒂芬院的公寓 |
[1:18:22] | Which means whoever made the calls needed to buy themselves time. | 也就是说打电话的人需要给自己争取时间 |
[1:18:25] | Yeah, they needed to keep Mr Aziz distracted | 对 那人需要拖住阿齐兹先生 |
[1:18:27] | while they got to Tiffin Court first. | 好抢先赶到蒂芬院 |
[1:18:30] | We’ll get forensics out. | 我们叫鉴证人员来 |
[1:18:31] | Needle in a haystack after four days, | 已经过去四天了 希望不大 |
[1:18:33] | but we might get lucky. | 但没准会走运 |
[1:18:34] | Having a take-away delivered to Tiffin Court, but… | 点外卖送去蒂芬院 |
[1:18:37] | it’s not much of a plan | 但这算不上什么好计划 |
[1:18:38] | given that Prince had already dined at the restaurant. | 毕竟普林斯已经在餐馆吃过晚餐了 |
[1:18:40] | You’re right, it’s not much of a plan | 你说得对 是计划得不周全 |
[1:18:41] | but our killer didn’t know he HAD dined at the restaurant. | 但凶手不知道他已经在餐馆吃过了 |
[1:18:43] | How come? | 为什么 |
[1:18:44] | Because the chief stoker never leaves the engine room. | 因为司炉长从不离开锅炉房 |
[1:18:57] | Rafig. | 拉斐格 |
[1:19:04] | Evening, Mr Sardar. Could you come with us, please? | 晚上好 萨达先生 你能跟我们走一趟吗 |
[1:19:07] | I can’t leave the restaurant in the middle of service. | 我不能丢下营业中的餐馆不管 |
[1:19:09] | I’m afraid you’re gonna have to, sir. | 恐怕你别无选择 先生 |
[1:19:22] | You were the only person on the staff who didn’t realise | 你是唯一一个不知道普林斯先生 |
[1:19:26] | that Mr Prince had already been in the restaurant that evening. | 那晚已经在餐馆用过餐的餐馆员工 |
[1:19:29] | You ordered Mr Aziz to deliver a take-away | 你叫阿齐兹先生送外卖给他 |
[1:19:31] | to a man who’d already eaten with you. | 但他已经在你们餐馆吃过了 |
[1:19:33] | We’ve also recovered the knife you killed Prince with. | 我们还找到了你杀普林斯用的那把刀 |
[1:19:37] | How much were you into him for? | 你欠了他多少钱 |
[1:19:42] | £13,000. | 一万三千镑 |
[1:19:47] | I tried to keep away… | 我也想戒掉 |
[1:19:50] | but the cards get into your skin. | 但牌瘾就是心魔 |
[1:19:54] | – I broke the golden rule… – Don’t chase your losses. | -我违反了第一大忌 -输了钱想翻盘 |
[1:19:59] | Next time, the hand will be better. | 下一局手气会更好 |
[1:20:02] | You always think your luck will turn. | 赌徒总以为会转运 |
[1:20:05] | And there’s nobody in your family | 你家里就没人 |
[1:20:06] | that could’ve loaned that to you? | 能借这笔钱给你吗 |
[1:20:08] | Loaned? | 借 |
[1:20:10] | That was mine by right. | 那笔钱本就该属于我 |
[1:20:13] | My half of the business. What should have been my half. | 那生意有一半是我的 本该是我的 |
[1:20:16] | The profits. | 那些利润 |
[1:20:18] | If my brother had remembered our agreement. | 如果我哥哥记得我们当初的协议 |
[1:20:23] | All I wanted was my fair share, | 我不过是想要我该得的那一份 |
[1:20:24] | 50-50, that is what we agreed. | 五五分成 我们当初说好的 |
[1:20:27] | But your brother went back on his word. | 但你哥哥食言了 |
[1:20:31] | He said, “Don’t worry yourself with overheads and loans | 他说 “你就别操心日常开支 贷款 |
[1:20:35] | “and credit and debit and… | 和钱的问题了 |
[1:20:38] | “Just concentrate on the cooking, leave the worrying to me.” | 你只管专心做菜 我来操心就好” |
[1:20:42] | You felt cheated? | 你觉得自己被欺骗了 |
[1:20:45] | I WAS cheated. | 我的确被欺骗了 |
[1:20:48] | He said he couldn’t remember our arrangement. | 他说他不记得我们的协议 |
[1:20:54] | He said, “Don’t worry, you will be sorted out, | 他说 “别担心 你会得到帮助 |
[1:20:58] | “you will be looked after.” | 和照顾” |
[1:20:59] | My nephews? | 我的侄子们 |
[1:21:01] | Taking care of their uncle? | 照顾他们叔叔 |
[1:21:04] | Like I am some beggar man? | 好像我是乞丐一样 |
[1:21:07] | So you began stealing from the restaurant | 所以你开始偷餐厅的钱 |
[1:21:09] | in order to pay your debt to Oberon Prince. | 用来还你欠欧博朗·普林斯的债 |
[1:21:11] | It wasn’t that your brother was losing his faculties | 不是你哥哥脑筋不灵光了 |
[1:21:14] | and getting the sums wrong, you were stealing from him. | 把账算错了 是你偷了他的钱 |
[1:21:16] | What was it, Mr Aziz discovered you? | 你是被阿齐兹先生发现了吗 |
[1:21:18] | He saw me. | 他看见我了 |
[1:21:20] | Did he blackmail you? | 他勒索你了吗 |
[1:21:23] | No. | 没有 |
[1:21:27] | He gave me a chance to come clean and tell Uqbah, or he would. | 他给我机会主动向乌克巴坦白 否则他就去说 |
[1:21:31] | So you came up with a plan to solve all your problems. | 于是你想出个计划 一次解决你所有问题 |
[1:21:36] | Two birds with one stone. | 一石二鸟 |
[1:21:39] | ‘You kill Oberon Prince, which eradicates your debt, | 你杀了欧博朗·普林斯 解决了你的债务 |
[1:21:42] | ‘and you frame him for killing Aziz. | 你还陷害他杀了阿齐兹 |
[1:21:44] | ‘So your brother never discovers that you were stealing from him.’ | 这样你哥就永远不会知道你偷了他的钱 |
[1:21:49] | You think it’s going to be easy to do this… to someone. | 我本以为对别人痛下杀手很容易 |
[1:21:53] | It is easy in your head. | 在脑海里演练时挺容易的 |
[1:21:55] | ‘But with another human being… | 但真的面对另一个人时 |
[1:22:00] | ‘it is not easy.’ | 一点都不容易 |
[1:22:02] | ‘No.’ | 不 |
[1:22:07] | One minute, they are a living, breathing creature… and… | 前一秒 他们还是活生生的有呼吸的人 |
[1:22:13] | and then they’re just meat and bones. | 下一秒他们就变成一团肉和骨头 |
[1:22:19] | It’s a bad thing I have done. | 我所做的事很坏 |
[1:22:21] | A wicked thing. | 很邪恶 |
[1:22:24] | And I feel ashamed for it. | 我为此感到羞愧 |
[1:22:28] | It is one thing to know yourself to be weak… | 知道自己软弱是一回事 |
[1:22:32] | I am a gambler. I am a thief. | 我是个赌徒 是个小偷 |
[1:22:37] | but it is another thing when the people you love… | 但你爱的人知道了你的真面目 |
[1:22:41] | know what you are. | 又是另一回事 |
[1:22:43] | I gave in to temptation. | 我没抵住诱惑 |
[1:22:49] | How could I ever look them in the eye again? | 我以后还怎么能直视他们双眼 |
[1:22:55] | I had no choice. | 我当时别无选择 |
[1:23:00] | What could I do? | 我还有什么办法 |
[1:23:12] | Look… | 听着 |
[1:23:14] | What you said earlier… | 你之前说的话 |
[1:23:16] | – I was speaking out of turn. – No, no. | -是我出格了 -不 |
[1:23:19] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说得对 |
[1:23:22] | All this with Carl Sturgis. | 对卡尔·斯特吉斯执着 |
[1:23:27] | You just get obsessed sometimes. | 人有时会钻牛角尖 |
[1:23:31] | I’ll let it go. | 我再不提了 |
[1:23:41] | All well, is it? | 一切都好吧 |
[1:23:44] | With you? | 我是说你 |
[1:23:48] | Always. | 当然 |
[1:23:51] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[1:23:59] | ‘For a better Oxford and a better Britain… | 为了更好的牛津 更好的不列颠 |
[1:24:02] | ‘vote Archibald-Lake. Vote Conservative. | 请投给阿奇伯德-莱克 投给保守党 |
[1:24:06] | ‘A vote for the Conservative Party | 投给保守党的一票 |
[1:24:08] | is a vote for a better tomorrow.’ | 就是投给更好明天的一票 |
[1:24:10] | Whatever the result tonight, | 不管今晚结果如何 |
[1:24:12] | you can see what happens when you mix their culture and ours. | 你们都看到了他们和我们的文化混合的结果 |
[1:24:17] | Not 24 hours since, we lost a foot soldier. | 不到24小时前 我们失去了一名士兵 |
[1:24:23] | A good patriate. | 一名真正的爱国者 |
[1:24:25] | – Young Gary Rogers. – Radowicz! | -年轻的盖瑞·罗杰斯 -是拉多维奇 |
[1:24:32] | Gerwazy Radowicz. | 盖瓦奇·拉多维奇 |
[1:24:39] | Mrs Radowicz… | 拉多维奇太太 |
[1:24:46] | He was my boy. | 他是我儿子 |
[1:24:53] | You killed him. Just as much as they did. | 你害死了他 你跟他们一样有责任 |
[1:24:58] | Filling his head with all this. | 给他灌输这些念头 |
[1:25:04] | We all did. | 我们都有责任 |
[1:25:23] | My only brother stealing from me. | 我唯一的弟弟竟然偷我的钱 |
[1:25:28] | And killing… poor Mr Aziz. | 还杀了可怜的阿齐兹先生 |
[1:25:33] | – If only I had… – It’ll be all right, Baba. | -要是我能早点… -会没事的 爸爸 |
[1:25:37] | It’ll be all right. | 会没事的 |
[1:25:45] | I’ll make sure he’s looked after. He can come and live with us. | 我会确保他得到照顾 他可以来和我们住 |
[1:25:49] | Us? | 我们 |
[1:25:51] | Me and Ilsa. We’re getting married. | 我和伊尔莎 我们要结婚了 |
[1:25:56] | So, when you leave… | 所以等你们走了… |
[1:25:59] | We’re staying. | 我们不走 |
[1:26:02] | All this anger, all the violence, and all this hatred? | 这一切的愤怒 暴力和仇恨 |
[1:26:08] | In the end, it defeats only itself. | 最终只会打垮他们自己 |
[1:26:10] | And burns itself out like a stubble fire. | 在烈火中自我毁灭 |
[1:26:15] | We’ll see Baba’s looked after between the both of us, | 我们会一起照顾好爸爸 |
[1:26:17] | and Salim will take over the restaurant. | 萨利姆会接管餐厅 |
[1:26:20] | With my help. | 我会帮他 |
[1:26:22] | A good husband always listens to his wife. | 称职的丈夫总会听妻子的话 |
[1:26:25] | As you’ll find out. | 你将来就知道了 |
[1:27:51] | ‘Ten o’clock. | 10点整 |
[1:27:52] | ‘The polling stations have just closed, | 投票站刚刚关闭 |
[1:27:54] | ‘and if the exit polls are to be believed, | 如果出口民调可信 |
[1:27:56] | ‘we are in for a very tight night, | 今晚选情将非常激烈 |
[1:27:58] | and a remarkably close contest…’ | 这场竞争势均力敌 |