时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Now entertain conjecture of a time | 现在 一天正来到这样一个时分 |
[00:08] | When creeping murmur and the poring dark | 这一片昏黑的宇宙 |
[00:12] | Fills the wide vessel of the universe. | 充满了令人不安的嘁嘁促促的嘈杂声 |
[00:16] | From camp to camp, | 在这无边的黑暗中 |
[00:18] | through the foul womb of night, | 双方的阵地 营帐接着营帐 |
[00:21] | The hum of either army stilly sounds. | 传播着轻轻的声响 |
[00:26] | That the fixèd sentinels almost receive | 那站岗的哨兵 几乎各自听得见 |
[00:29] | The secret whispers of each other’s watch. | 对方在私下用耳语把口令传授 |
[00:32] | Fire answers fire, | 火光遥对着火光 |
[00:36] | and through their paly flames | 在那惨淡的照明下 |
[00:38] | Each battle sees the other’s umbered face. | 彼此都望见了对方昏沉沉的脸 |
[00:50] | Sechs, zwei, vier… | [德语]六 二 四 |
[00:56] | Acht, sechs, zwei. | 八 六 二 |
[01:08] | Room service. | 客房服务 |
[01:09] | Come in. | 请进 |
[01:11] | Oh, just put it over there, please. | 放在那里就行 谢谢 |
[01:41] | Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. | 女士们先生们 请就坐 |
[01:44] | The recording of Jeux Sans Frontières | 《国家之间》的录制 |
[01:46] | will commence shortly. | 即将开始 |
[01:49] | VT roll to record. | 开始录影 |
[01:51] | Recording. | 录影开始 |
[01:52] | – Right then, good luck, everyone. – Ten, nine, | -好 大家好运 -十 九 |
[01:54] | Julian set? | 朱利安准备好了吗 |
[01:54] | Eight, seven, six, | 八 七 六 |
[01:57] | five, four, three, | 五 四 三 |
[02:01] | two, one. | 二 一 |
[02:04] | Cue Julian. | 切朱利安 |
[02:05] | Bienvenue! Wilkommen! | 欢迎[法语] 欢迎[德语] |
[02:07] | Benvenuto and welcome | 欢迎[意大利语] 欢迎 |
[02:09] | to this British heat of Jeux Sans Frontières! | 欢迎收看英国版《国家之间》 |
[02:12] | This week we are coming to you from Oxford, England, | 我们在英格兰牛津为您带来本周节目 |
[02:15] | the famous city of dreaming spires, | 这里是著名的梦幻尖塔之城 |
[02:17] | and a renowned seat of learning | 知名学术中心 |
[02:19] | for nigh on a thousand years. | 历史悠久 |
[02:25] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[02:31] | Expecting rain, Mr. Mullion? | 担心下雨吗 马里恩先生 |
[02:33] | You know me, sir. | 你了解我 先生 |
[02:34] | Never without my brolly, rain or shine. | 不管晴雨 时刻带伞 |
[02:36] | How’s Winston? | 温斯顿怎么样了 |
[02:38] | Slowing up a bit, sir. | 有点迟缓了 先生 |
[02:40] | Getting old, I expect. | 老了吧 |
[02:41] | Know how he feels. | 我感同身受 |
[03:19] | And here come the teams. | 欢迎各国参赛队 |
[03:21] | The French team from Saint-Josse-du-Bois, | 来自圣乔德布的法国队 |
[03:23] | a little ville in the Pas-de-Calais. | 那是加莱海峡省的一个小城镇 |
[03:26] | Great Britain, represented by Oxford, of course. | 来自牛津的英国代表队 |
[03:29] | Competitors from all walks of life. | 参赛选手来自各行各业 |
[03:31] | I’m told we even have a British bobby | 我听说他们之中还有一位 |
[03:33] | amongst their number. | 英国警察 |
[03:35] | Oh, dear, the British team is down. | 天啊 英国队摔倒一位 |
[03:37] | Looks like he sprained an ankle. | 他似乎扭伤了脚踝 |
[03:39] | What a time to get an injury, | 现在真不是受伤的时候 |
[03:40] | just before the fun’s about to start. | 欢乐正要开始呢 |
[03:44] | All the way from Maienfeld, we have the Swiss. | 还有迈恩菲尔德远道而来瑞士队 |
[03:47] | CH there. | 身着字母CH |
[03:48] | And last, but by no means least, | 最后 同样重要的 |
[03:50] | Deutschland– the Germans, | 德国队 |
[03:52] | bringing up the rear. | 末位出场 |
[03:54] | Well, there we have it, | 好了 |
[03:55] | all the teams ready and under starters’ orders. | 各队已就绪 只等发令 |
[04:02] | And they’re off. | 比赛开始 |
[04:04] | There they go, the giants racing along the track. | 巨人们在赛道上奔驰 |
[04:07] | Over the hurdles and to the far end. | 翻过障碍 冲向终点 |
[04:09] | where they must collect the bones of an Englishman | 他们要从一位队友那里 拿走一根 |
[04:11] | from one of their teammates. | 英国人的骨头 |
[04:13] | And Great Britain already surging ahead there. | 英国一马当先 |
[04:15] | He’s already got his bones, | 他拿到骨头了 |
[04:17] | and he is off. | 他出发了 |
[04:18] | Oh, he has collided with Belgium. | 他撞倒了比利时 |
[04:21] | Belgium is down! | 比利时倒下了 |
[04:23] | And Great Britain isn’t even pausing for breath. | 英国完全没打算停下歇口气 |
[04:25] | He has got the finish line surely in his sights. | 他直奔终点去了 |
[04:48] | Help! | 救命 |
[04:50] | But it is our late substitution from Great Britain | 是英国队后换上的替补队员 |
[04:53] | who has come in first. | 第一个过线 |
[04:54] | Well done, Great Britain. | 好样的 英国队 |
[04:56] | Well done, everyone. | 大家都好样的 |
[05:02] | How about that, then, matey? | 怎么样 伙计 |
[05:06] | Well done. | 你真棒 |
[05:08] | I owe you one. | 我欠你个人情 |
[05:08] | You owe me more than one. | 不止一个了 |
[05:10] | How’s the ankle? | 脚踝怎么样了 |
[05:12] | I’ll live. | 死不了 |
[05:13] | Well, that was all rather marvelous, I must say. | 刚刚可真棒 |
[05:19] | What’s wrong with the German? | 那个德国的怎么了 |
[05:21] | Passed out, probably. | 昏倒了吧 |
[05:22] | It gets bloody hot in those suits. | 那衣服里可热了 |
[05:24] | You’re telling me! | 还用你说 |
[05:25] | Help, help, please help! | 救命 救命啊 |
[05:28] | Why don’t you see what that is? | 你去看看怎么回事吧 |
[05:29] | Doctor! Find a Doctor! | 医生 找个医生来 |
[05:32] | Please! | 救命 |
[05:34] | – Steven! – Let me through! | -史蒂文 -让我过去 |
[05:34] | Let me through! Thank you. | 让我过去 谢谢 |
[05:36] | It’s all right, it’s all right, it’s all right, | 没事 没事 |
[05:38] | – I’m a doctor. – Help me, please! | -我是医生 -帮帮我 |
[05:39] | Stand back, give him room. | 退后 给他让地方 |
[05:40] | Right. | 好 |
[05:41] | What’s happening with him? | 他是怎么了 |
[05:43] | What’s the matter with him? | 他是怎么回事 |
[05:45] | Please help me! | 帮帮我 |
[05:48] | Ambulance– now! | 快叫救护车 |
[05:59] | Police! | 警察 |
[06:22] | Thursday household. | 瑟斯戴家 |
[06:24] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[06:24] | Entry just below the sternum, no exit. | 从胸骨下方射入 无射出伤 |
[06:27] | And there is a considerable loss of blood. | 大量失血 |
[06:28] | So there should be two units of O-neg on standby. | 需要准备两个单位的O阴型血 |
[06:31] | And Mr. Urquhart’s on his way from the JR. | 厄克特先生正从JR赶来 |
[06:33] | No debate. | 没得商量 |
[06:34] | He’s the best PT man in the country. | 他是全国最好的儿科医生 |
[06:36] | Be in theater, four minutes, go! | 快进手术室 四分钟 快去 |
[06:38] | Go! | 快去 |
[06:47] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[06:49] | I am afraid one of the competitors | 恐怕有一位参赛者 |
[06:52] | has unfortunately been taken ill. | 不幸抱恙 |
[06:56] | I am sorry to say that today’s tournament has… | 很遗憾 今天的锦标赛… |
[06:58] | Sir. | 长官 |
[07:01] | Do we know who he is? | 知道他的身份吗 |
[07:03] | One of the West German team. | 西德队员 |
[07:05] | I’ve got Fancy and Trewlove talking to the coach | 范西和楚拉夫在找教练问话 |
[07:07] | for furthers and betters. | 打听更多消息 |
[07:08] | Four shots. | 四枪 |
[07:09] | Three to the back, one to the side. | 后背三枪 侧面一枪 |
[07:11] | I’m no expert, but looks to have been pretty close range. | 我不是专家 但看上去是近距射击 |
[07:14] | Somebody wasn’t messing. | 真是专业 |
[07:15] | There was a fifth round. | 还有第五发子弹 |
[07:17] | Looks to have struck a little boy in the crowd. | 似乎击中了人群中的一个小男孩 |
[07:20] | Dr. DeBryn’s gone with him to Cowley General. | 德布林医生跟他去了考利综合医院 |
[07:23] | Must have passed right through the giant’s costume. | 肯定是穿透了巨人服装 |
[07:25] | We’d have heard it, wouldn’t we? | 那我们该听到啊 |
[07:26] | Not if the weapon was silenced. | 除非用了消音器 |
[07:28] | This is just a bit of silly fun. | 这不过是一场游戏 |
[07:30] | Why on Earth would people have guns? | 怎么会有人带枪 |
[07:33] | Did anyone collide with anyone before he fell? | 他摔倒前撞到过谁吗 |
[07:35] | Everyone was running into everyone else, it looked like. | 当时似乎大家都撞到一起了 |
[07:40] | The plucky Belgian is down, and the Briton pulls in front. | 勇敢的比利时摔倒了 英国直冲向前 |
[07:45] | And there goes the German, | 德国倒下了 |
[07:47] | – There. – Goodness gracious me… | -那里 -老天爷 |
[07:49] | Take it back. | 倒回去 |
[07:50] | VT back to 5:21:30. | 录像倒回至5:21:30 |
[07:54] | And play. | 播放 |
[07:56] | And the Briton pulls in front. | 英国直冲向前 |
[07:59] | And there goes the German, goodness gracious me… | 德国倒下了 老天爷 |
[08:02] | Who’s the Swiss? | 瑞士是谁 |
[08:05] | Chap called Werfeli, Matthias Werfeli, | 维法利 马赛亚斯·维法利 |
[08:07] | cried off this morning– feeling unwell, apparently. | 今早请了假 说是不舒服 |
[08:11] | Looks like they played a sub for the giants race. | 他们在巨人赛找了替补 |
[08:13] | Who’s the sub? | 替补是谁 |
[08:13] | Nobody seems to know. | 好像没人知道 |
[08:15] | But that’s hardly surprising, | 但这并不意外 |
[08:16] | given the size of the team. | 毕竟队员众多 |
[08:18] | Everyone took him for a bona fide, | 大家都当他是正经选手 |
[08:19] | as he had the right tracksuit. | 因为他穿的队服没问题 |
[08:21] | Only nobody’s seen him since the race. | 但赛后就没人见过他了 |
[08:23] | Dead man’s a Karl Pfuscher, sir, | 死者叫卡尔·弗舍 长官 |
[08:26] | according to the team coach. | 德国队教练说的 |
[08:27] | Some sort of postal clerk in Werfen, Bavaria. | 是巴伐利亚维尔芬的一个邮政人员 |
[08:30] | Only moved there about what, three months ago? | 是大概三个月前才搬过去 |
[08:33] | – From where? – Strasbourg. | -原本在哪 -斯特拉斯堡[法国] |
[08:34] | He’d been working as a translator for the Council of Europe. | 他一直在为欧洲理事会做翻译 |
[08:37] | Next of kin? | 亲属呢 |
[08:38] | We’re looking into it, sir. | 我们还在查 长官 |
[08:40] | I’ll dig out this Werfeli, see what his story is. | 我去找到这个维法利 看他怎么说 |
[08:42] | Where are the Swiss team staying? | 瑞士队住在哪 |
[08:44] | The Amber Lodge. | 安伯旅馆 |
[08:46] | You think he’s in on it? | 他也是一伙的吗 |
[08:47] | Well, I think it’s a long way to come | 大老远来了 |
[08:48] | and not take part in the games. | 却不参加比赛吗 |
[09:19] | I’ll take it from here, thank you. | 我自己就行 谢谢 |
[10:05] | So this is Werfeli? | 这是维法利吗 |
[10:08] | A Swiss national. | 瑞士人 |
[10:10] | Whoever shot the West German and the little boy | 枪击了西德队员和小男孩的人 |
[10:11] | was masquerading as this man. | 装成了此人 |
[10:14] | Strangled. | 勒毙 |
[10:16] | Last six hours. | 六小时内 |
[10:18] | Taken from behind. | 从后面被偷袭 |
[10:19] | Some kind of wire garrote | 我猜是 |
[10:21] | would be my best opinion. | 铁丝绞索 |
[10:23] | Know more once I’ve got him unzipped. | 尸检过后能知道更多 |
[10:26] | Shall we say 3:00? | 3点吧 |
[10:30] | So someone killed him | 有人杀了他 |
[10:32] | to take his place in the giant race? | 好取代他去参加巨人赛 |
[10:35] | Seems a lot of trouble to go to. | 太大费周章了吧 |
[10:38] | Why not just do the German at his hotel, | 何不直接去旅馆杀了德国人 |
[10:40] | same as he’s done this fella? | 就像对他一样 |
[10:42] | Perhaps Pfuscher knew his killer? | 会不会弗舍认识凶手 |
[10:44] | Maybe he was already in fear of his life and on guard. | 或许他已对安全有忧虑 所以很警惕 |
[10:48] | Somebody comes all the way to Oxford to bump him off? | 有人大老远来到牛津杀他吗 |
[10:50] | In front of a couple of thousand people? | 还当着上千人的面 |
[10:53] | And the telly? | 还有电视呢 |
[10:55] | It doesn’t make sense. | 毫无道理 |
[10:57] | Well, may be it was the only way | 或许凶手只有这样 |
[10:59] | that the killer could get to Pfuscher. | 才能杀掉弗舍 |
[11:04] | You better go over to Pfuscher’s hotel now | 你最好赶紧去弗舍的旅馆 |
[11:06] | to get some real leads. | 找到点真正的线索 |
[12:55] | – Girlfriend? – My guess. | -女友吗 -我猜是 |
[12:58] | I’ve asked for a list of everyone staying in the hotel. | 我已要了一份所有旅馆宾客的名单 |
[13:00] | Danulka’s not a German name. | 丹奴卡可不是德国名字 |
[13:03] | From where, then? | 那是哪的 |
[13:03] | I think the church in the background | 我认为背景里的教堂 |
[13:05] | is Saint Vitus Cathedral, Prague. | 是布拉格的圣维特大教堂 |
[13:07] | Czech, then? | 捷克人咯 |
[13:09] | Mm, I’ve been through Pfuscher’s hotel telephone records. | 我查了弗舍旅馆的电话记录 |
[13:11] | He made two calls when he got here, | 他留宿期间打了两通电话 |
[13:13] | one 11:45 the night he arrived. | 一通是他到达当晚的11:45 |
[13:15] | Oxford code, just rings and rings. | 牛津电话 但没人接 |
[13:18] | And the other? | 另一通呢 |
[13:19] | 20 past four yesterday afternoon | 昨天下午4:20 |
[13:21] | to the porter’s lodge at Beaufort. | 打给博福尔的门房小屋 |
[13:25] | Division have been notified. | 警部已接到通知 |
[13:27] | They are liaising with Interpol. | 他们在跟国际刑警联络 |
[13:29] | One foreign national shot dead by another. | 一名外国人被另一名击毙 |
[13:33] | The last thing we need is an international incident. | 我们可不想发生国际事件 |
[13:35] | I’d say we got one, sir, whether we like it or not. | 恐怕已经发生了 长官 不管我们想不想 |
[13:38] | This is a family game show in Oxford, | 这是牛津的家庭游戏节目 |
[13:40] | not the Mexico Olympics. | 又不是墨西哥奥运会 |
[13:42] | What’s the news on the child? | 孩子怎么样了 |
[13:44] | Open order. | 尚不明朗 |
[13:47] | The next 48 hours should tell. | 接下来48小时会很关键 |
[13:58] | Mrs. McLean? | 麦克林太太 |
[14:00] | Detective Chief Inspector Thursday, | 瑟斯戴高级督察 |
[14:02] | Detective Sergeant Morse. | 摩斯警长 |
[14:04] | – Zoe. – How is he? | -佐伊 -他怎么样了 |
[14:07] | They said he wouldn’t’ve made it | 他们说他能活到现在 |
[14:08] | if he hadn’t been seen to by the doctor in the ambulance. | 多亏在救护车上那位医生的努力 |
[14:11] | Dr. DeBryn. | 德布林医生 |
[14:14] | Have you got who did it? | 你们抓到凶手了吗 |
[14:16] | No, not yet. | 还没有 |
[14:17] | It wasn’t intentional, as far as we know. | 就我们看来 并非针对他 |
[14:20] | But how could this happen to my boy? | 但我儿子怎么会遭遇这种事 |
[14:23] | We don’t know, yet. | 我们尚不清楚 |
[14:25] | But we’ll get to the bottom of this. | 但我们必会查清真相 |
[14:28] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[14:50] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:52] | Whose number is this? | 这是谁的号码 |
[15:15] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[15:17] | May I help you? | 需要我帮助你们吗 |
[15:23] | About this little boy, is it? | 是那个小男孩的事吗 |
[15:25] | I don’t know what the world’s coming to. | 真不知这世界是怎么了 |
[15:27] | Rack and ruin, like as not. | 我看是要分崩离析了 |
[15:29] | I mean, on a Sunday, too. | 今天还是周日呢 |
[15:32] | We had ballroom practice booked for 3:00. | 我们本来定了3点的舞蹈练习 |
[15:35] | Crime waits for no man. | 犯罪不等人 |
[15:36] | Well, that’s something I won’t miss. | 这我肯定不会怀念 |
[15:40] | We’d best be off. | 我们走吧 |
[15:43] | No sandwich today? | 今天没有三明治吗 |
[15:44] | Sunday? | 周日啊 |
[15:45] | We’ll have a roast at the Lamb and Flag. | 我们去羊旗酒吧吃烤肉 |
[15:48] | Come home safe. | 平安回家 |
[15:50] | Righto. | 好 |
[16:06] | It’s gone. | 没了 |
[16:08] | All of it. | 都没了 |
[16:10] | Special Branch came in the early hours. | 政治保安处一早来过 |
[16:14] | Whatever it is, it’s out of our hands. | 不管是怎么回事 现在由不得我们了 |
[16:17] | Perhaps it’s for the best. | 或许这也好 |
[16:18] | – Best for whom? – All right, Morse. | -对谁好 -好了 摩斯 |
[16:20] | I don’t care for it any more than you, | 我不比你喜欢这样 |
[16:22] | but such are our orders, and it behooves us to follow them. | 但我们得到了命令 就理应遵守 |
[16:26] | All of us. | 所有人都是 |
[16:30] | Two men are murdered on our ground, and that’s it? | 两个人在我们辖区被杀 这就完了 |
[16:33] | That’s it. | 是啊 |
[16:35] | And what about the little boy? | 那个小男孩呢 |
[16:40] | Go home. | 回家吧 |
[16:43] | It’s Sunday. | 今天是周日 |
[16:56] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[17:07] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[17:10] | A D-notice, if you please. | 噤声令呢 |
[17:11] | I haven’t had one of those slapped on me since the war. | 战后我就没遇到过了 |
[17:14] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[17:15] | Your guess is as good as mine. | 我也不知道 |
[17:17] | We’re out of the picture, truly. | 我们被踢出局了 真的 |
[17:18] | Special Branch. | 政治保安处 |
[17:20] | National security, then. | 那是国家安全问题了 |
[17:21] | Oh, the Greater Good, I don’t doubt. | 肯定是为了大局 |
[17:25] | Did your photographer take any photographs? | 你的摄影师拍到照片了吗 |
[17:27] | Some. | 拍了些 |
[17:28] | – What’re you looking for? – The teams. | -你想要什么 -各参赛队 |
[17:31] | I’ll drop them by the office first thing. | 我明天一早给你送去 |
[17:33] | Could you mark it just for me? | 可以标记为只给我吗 |
[17:36] | Also, if there’s anything in the archive | 此外 档案馆里任何德国人 |
[17:38] | on a Karl Pfuscher, German. | 卡尔·弗舍的资料也都要 |
[17:41] | – Should there be? – Oh, I don’t know. | -会有吗 -我不知道 |
[17:44] | Isn’t your girl a photographer? | 你女友不也是摄影师吗 |
[17:50] | She asked me to sign a book for her. | 她还找我给她买的书签名 |
[17:52] | Seems nice. | 人不错 |
[17:54] | Which book? | 什么书 |
[17:55] | My Time in Korea. | 《我的朝鲜战争经历》 |
[17:58] | Which I can only say | 这让我觉得 |
[17:59] | shows excellent taste and discernment. | 她非常有眼光和鉴赏力 |
[18:05] | You’re not going to let this go, are you? | 你不打算放弃此事 是吧 |
[18:17] | Thank you for coming in. | 谢谢你来 |
[18:19] | Any news on the boy, McLean? | 那男孩有消息吗 麦克林 |
[18:22] | I just spoke to the cutter. | 我刚问过主刀 |
[18:24] | We were at Bart’s together. | 我们曾是圣巴塞洛缪医院的同僚 |
[18:26] | Best pediatric thoracic man in the country. | 全国最好的儿科胸腔医生 |
[18:30] | He’s hopeful, but the boy’s not out of the woods yet. | 他认为希望很大 但男孩还没完全脱离险境 |
[18:34] | I spoke to his mother. | 我跟他妈妈说过话了 |
[18:35] | She said you saved his life. | 她说你救了他的命 |
[18:37] | Oh, I don’t know about that. | 这我不知道了 |
[18:38] | She does, so does the surgeon. | 她知道 主刀医生也知道 |
[18:40] | Well, made a change to work on a live patient, I suppose. | 能面对一次活着的病人倒也新鲜 |
[18:44] | But I wouldn’t want to make a habit of it. | 但我并不想把这变成习惯 |
[18:47] | Each to their own. | 人各有志吧 |
[18:49] | – So. – So Pfuscher. | -那么 -那么 弗舍 |
[18:51] | I was here working on him when they rolled in. | 他们来时 我正在尸检 |
[18:54] | Credentials and paperwork all in order. | 一切文件证明都没问题 |
[18:56] | They’ve taken both bodies | 他们把两具尸体都拿走了 |
[18:58] | and my notes. | 还有我的笔记 |
[19:01] | But not my brain. | 但没拿走我的脑子 |
[19:03] | Same weapon? | 凶器一样吗 |
[19:04] | The bullets I dug out of Pfuscher | 我从弗舍身上挖出的子弹 |
[19:07] | were a match for those that the surgeon removed | 匹配外科医生从小史蒂文·麦克林身上 |
[19:09] | from little Steven McLean. | 挖出的子弹 |
[19:11] | Right– and the Swiss, Werfeli? | 好 瑞士人维法利呢 |
[19:14] | Whoever killed him knew exactly what they were about. | 杀他的人非常专业 |
[19:18] | Right. | 好 |
[19:20] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[19:21] | Well, it looks as if Pfuscher did a bit of shopping | 弗舍来到牛津后 似乎进行了 |
[19:24] | when he got here. | 一番购物 |
[19:25] | Amongst his personal effects, | 他的私人物品包括 |
[19:27] | there was a receipt for a picture and a clock. | 一张收据 是一幅画和一台钟 |
[19:31] | There was nothing like that in his digs. | 他住处并没有那样的东西 |
[19:34] | Any idea where he bought them? | 知道他是在哪买的吗 |
[19:35] | Afraid not. | 恐怕不知道 |
[19:37] | Fiver for the picture, tenner on the carriage clock. | 画五镑 旅行钟十镑 |
[19:40] | No furthers and betters on either. | 两者都不清楚详情 |
[19:44] | But his teeth I do recall. | 但我记得他的牙 |
[19:46] | He wore an upper denture. | 他戴了上假牙 |
[19:48] | There’s nothing unusual in that, is there? | 这没什么奇怪吧 |
[19:50] | No, but you said he was Bavarian, didn’t you? | 对 可你不是说他是巴伐利亚人吗 |
[19:53] | Well, the last time I looked, Bavaria was in West Germany. | 据我所知 巴伐利亚在西德 |
[19:58] | The workmanship on the dentures | 而看假牙的工艺 |
[19:59] | suggests they were made | 应该是在 |
[20:00] | on the other side of the wall. | 柏林墙另一边制造 |
[20:03] | In the Russian sector? | 苏联那边吗 |
[20:04] | Yes. | 对 |
[20:06] | East Germany to you and me. | 我们所知的东德 |
[20:30] | I thought you had to work. | 我以为你要去工作 |
[20:33] | Clearly. | 看出来了 |
[20:36] | Are you going somewhere? | 你要去哪吗 |
[20:37] | Just tidying. | 就是收拾东西 |
[20:45] | It’s a little late for a spring clean. | 现在做春季扫除有点晚吧 |
[20:47] | Well, you don’t have to be a policeman all the time. | 你不用总做个警察 |
[20:50] | Sometimes things are just what they look like. | 有时事情是很单纯的 |
[20:59] | I thought we could get lunch. | 我想约你一起吃午饭 |
[21:01] | A pub lunch, maybe. | 去酒吧 |
[21:06] | Why, what would you like to do? | 怎么了 你想做什么 |
[21:08] | Something I’ve never done before. | 我没做过的事 |
[22:09] | It’s pretty. | 真美 |
[22:11] | Prettier in summer. | 夏季时更美 |
[22:14] | Sun’s gone already. | 太阳走远了 |
[22:16] | Year’s turned. | 时节变了 |
[22:18] | Pretty soon it will be bonfires and hoarfrost. | 很快就到点篝火 落白霜的时候了 |
[22:20] | Mist’ll rise. | 雾气升腾 |
[22:23] | Winter is on its way. | 冬季降临 |
[22:26] | I wasn’t ready. | 我没准备好 |
[22:27] | That’s the point. | 就要这样 |
[22:32] | You ran into Dorothea. | 你遇到多蕾茜娅了 |
[22:33] | – She signed my book. – So she said. | -她给我买的书签了名 -我听她说了 |
[22:34] | – Have you read it? – No. | -你读过了吗 -没有 |
[22:36] | You should– it’s a classic. | 你该看看 很经典 |
[22:39] | Is that what you want? | 你想要那个吗 |
[22:41] | Something like that? | 写书 |
[22:44] | I’m not that good a writer. | 我文笔没那么好 |
[22:46] | That’s why I’ve got this. | 所以我有这个 |
[22:49] | A picture is worth a thousand words, right? | 一张照片抵千言 是吧 |
[22:51] | Well, depends on the words. | 要看是什么言了 |
[23:22] | No, all right. | 不 好 |
[23:24] | All right, I’d just need it | 好 我只需要 |
[23:26] | back in the account this side of Christmas. | 圣诞节前把钱收回来 |
[23:30] | Anyway, Charlie, I mustn’t dawdle. | 好 查理 我得走了 |
[23:32] | Morse has just turned up. | 摩斯刚来了 |
[23:34] | – Morning, Morse. – Mrs. Thursday. | -早 摩斯 -瑟斯戴太太 |
[23:36] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[23:38] | Yep, cheerio, then. | 再见了 |
[23:40] | Give my best to Paulette and Carol. | 代我向宝莱特和凯洛尔问好 |
[23:45] | What was all that about? | 怎么回事 |
[23:48] | Oh, he just rang for a chat, that’s all. | 他就是打来聊聊 |
[23:52] | You remember my brother. | 你记得我弟弟吧 |
[23:53] | Carol sent her best, apparently. | 凯洛尔要我代为问好 |
[23:56] | Ta. | 谢谢 |
[23:58] | Come home safe. | 平安回家 |
[23:59] | Righto. | 好 |
[24:03] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[24:05] | There, there, that’s a good boy. | 好了 真乖 |
[24:08] | Usual? | 老样子吗 |
[24:09] | Yeah, and a quarter of navy, too. | 再来点切丝烟丝 |
[24:11] | You been in the wars, Elsie? | 你怎么了 艾茜 |
[24:14] | Walked into a door, silly moo. | 撞到了门上 傻婆娘 |
[24:16] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[24:17] | I’ve told her to go more careful. | 我叫她多小心了 |
[24:33] | This is everything we have on file for Karl Pfuscher. | 这是我们所有关于卡尔·弗舍的资料 |
[24:36] | If you have any information for the press, | 如果你有任何能登报的消息 |
[24:38] | please let me know first. | 请先告诉我 |
[25:35] | University of Oxford. | 牛津大学 |
[25:36] | Good morning, this is Detective Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley. | 早上好 我是摩斯警长 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[25:39] | I’m trying to reach a Dr. Schneider. | 我想联系一位施耐德博士 |
[25:43] | I’m shocked. | 我好震惊 |
[25:44] | Shocked. | 太震惊了 |
[25:46] | That’s simply terrible. | 真是可怕 |
[25:47] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[25:48] | Have you heard from Herr Pfuscher recently? | 你近来有弗舍先生的消息吗 |
[25:53] | Not in a few months. | 好几个月没有了 |
[25:55] | He was in Strasbourg, you know, | 他去了斯特拉斯堡 |
[25:57] | at the Council of Europe, | 欧洲理事会 |
[25:59] | working as a senior translator. | 做高级翻译 |
[26:00] | He didn’t call you Friday afternoon? | 他周五下午没联系你吗 |
[26:03] | Around 4:30? | 大概4:30 |
[26:04] | No. | 没 |
[26:06] | No, he didn’t. | 没有 |
[26:08] | How had he seemed in his letters? | 看他的信感觉他怎么样 |
[26:09] | Was there anything troubling him? | 他是否有什么烦恼 |
[26:12] | No. | 没有 |
[26:13] | No, he was happy. | 他很开心 |
[26:15] | He had met a young woman and was very much in love. | 他认识了个姑娘 疯狂地爱她 |
[26:17] | Was this Danulka? | 丹奴卡吗 |
[26:19] | That’s right. | 对 |
[26:20] | You wouldn’t know her surname? | 你知道她的姓氏吗 |
[26:22] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不知道 |
[26:24] | But she was Czech, though, right? | 但她是捷克人 是吧 |
[26:26] | Yes. | 对 |
[26:27] | They met when she came to Strasbourg | 她作为贸易代表团的一员去了 |
[26:28] | as part of a trade delegation. | 斯特拉斯堡 他们才相识 |
[26:31] | Karl wrote to me | 卡尔给我写信 |
[26:32] | that they hoped to marry in the summer. | 说他们想夏季结婚 |
[26:35] | Now, I know he’d recently moved to Bavaria, | 我知道他近来搬去了巴伐利亚 |
[26:38] | but where was he from originally? | 但他原本是哪里人 |
[26:42] | Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. | 柏林普伦茨劳贝格区 |
[26:44] | It’s on the other side of the wall now, alas. | 可惜现在在柏林墙另一边了 |
[26:48] | Was there anyone else in Oxford | 他当时在牛津还有 |
[26:49] | he was close to at the time? | 其他好友吗 |
[26:51] | He had a girl in Headington. | 他在海丁顿有个女友 |
[26:54] | On Sebastopol Terrace. | 在塞巴斯特普台 |
[26:56] | What number? | 几号 |
[26:58] | I’m afraid I never met her. | 我恐怕没见过她 |
[27:01] | Samantha was her name. | 只知道她叫萨曼莎 |
[27:03] | Smith… or Samantha Jones | 史密斯 或者琼斯 |
[27:06] | or Brown or something. | 还是布朗什么的 |
[27:10] | And he was good friends | 当然 他还跟 |
[27:11] | with Professor Richmond, of course. | 里士满教授是好朋友 |
[27:13] | Alexander Richmond? | 亚历山大·里士满吗 |
[27:15] | That’s right. | 对 |
[27:17] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[27:22] | Excuse me, sir, | 不好意思 先生 |
[27:22] | I’m looking for Professor Richmond’s rooms. | 我找里士满教授的办公室 |
[27:25] | – Stair J, sir. – Thank you. | -J楼 先生 -谢谢 |
[27:26] | Someone called the gatehouse Friday afternoon. | 周五下午有人给门房打过电话 |
[27:28] | A Karl Pfuscher. | 卡尔·弗舍 |
[27:30] | I would like to know who he was calling to speak to. | 我想知道他打来找谁 |
[27:32] | What time, sir? | 几点 先生 |
[27:33] | It was about 20 past four. | 大概4:20 |
[27:35] | I will check the duty log, sir. | 我去查值班日志 先生 |
[27:36] | Perfect, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[27:42] | Come. | 进 |
[27:46] | Professor Richmond. | 里士满教授 |
[27:49] | It’s, um… | 你是… |
[27:50] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[27:51] | Of course. | 对了 |
[27:53] | Good heavens. | 老天爷 |
[27:55] | Didn’t you partner me at the Traveler’s once? | 你有次做过我的桥牌同伴吧 |
[27:57] | – Once, yes. – Yes. | -对 有一次 -对 |
[27:59] | Not a bad dummy. | 你打得不赖 |
[28:01] | Lost the Grand Slam in the final rubber, I remember. | 我记得就是最后一轮功亏一篑 |
[28:05] | The bid was four, no trump, | 叫4 无将 |
[28:06] | and you answered aces, wasn’t it? | 你答了A 是吧 |
[28:09] | I couldn’t say. | 我记不得了 |
[28:11] | Yes. | 没错 |
[28:11] | Your mistake, you see. | 你搞错了 |
[28:13] | Four no trump is not always Blackwood. | 4 无将并不一定是黑木 |
[28:17] | Well. | 好啊 |
[28:18] | This is a pleasant surprise. | 真是意外之喜 |
[28:20] | Sherry? | 雪利酒 |
[28:21] | I won’t, actually– I’m here on official business. | 不了 我是为公务而来 |
[28:24] | I’m with Thames Valley Police, | 我是泰晤士河谷警局的 |
[28:25] | a detective sergeant. | 警长 |
[28:28] | Oh, I see. | 这样啊 |
[28:29] | I wanted to ask you about Karl Pfuscher. | 我想问你卡尔·弗舍的事 |
[28:31] | A German student. | 一名德国学生 |
[28:33] | He came up in ’58. | 他是1958年的学生 |
[28:34] | Oh, you flatter me. | 你高看我了 |
[28:36] | I’m lucky if I can remember last term, | 我能记得上学期就不错了 |
[28:37] | never mind the best part of ten years ago. | 更别提这都差不多十年了 |
[28:40] | Well, you remembered me. | 可你记得我 |
[28:42] | I remembered the game. | 我记得牌局 |
[28:45] | Well, I can show you a photograph. | 我可以给你看张照片 |
[28:49] | Perhaps that would help. | 或许有帮助 |
[28:56] | No. | 不 |
[28:57] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不记得 |
[28:59] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[28:59] | Um, what is all this about? | 这是为什么事 |
[29:02] | Well, if you don’t remember, it doesn’t matter much. | 如果你不记得了 那也不重要了 |
[29:06] | Sorry to have troubled you. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[29:14] | I have checked the duty log for Friday, sir. | 我查过了周五的值班日志 先生 |
[29:17] | No messages that afternoon. | 那天下午没有留言 |
[29:20] | Well, thank you. | 那谢谢了 |
[29:22] | Thank you for checking. | 谢谢你帮我查 |
[29:23] | Not at all, sir. | 不客气 先生 |
[29:25] | Anything we can do to help the boys in blue. | 我们总会尽力帮助警方 |
[29:37] | Morse– hello? | 摩斯 喂 |
[29:38] | You’ve been asking about Karl Pfuscher. | 你在打听卡尔·弗舍的事 |
[29:41] | Who is this? | 你是谁 |
[29:41] | I might be able to help you | 如果你愿来伦敦 |
[29:42] | if you fancy a trip to London. | 我或许能帮忙 |
[29:44] | Help me how? | 怎么帮我 |
[29:45] | Museum tube, 6:00. | 博物馆地铁 6点 |
[29:48] | You got that? | 记下了吗 |
[29:51] | Yes, I’ve got that. | 记下了 |
[29:54] | Oh, and wear an evening suit. | 穿晚礼服 |
[29:56] | What? | 什么 |
[29:59] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:03] | Hello? | 喂 |
[30:19] | Tickets… thank you. | 票 谢谢 |
[30:21] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[30:28] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:35] | Morse, isn’t it? | 摩斯 是吧 |
[30:38] | Singleton. | 辛格顿 |
[30:43] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[30:45] | I told you, I’m Singleton. | 我说了 辛格顿 |
[30:46] | Is that your real name? | 那是你的真名吗 |
[30:48] | If you were important enough to lie to, | 如果你重要到要被欺骗 |
[30:50] | you’d probably be dead already. | 你大概早死了 |
[30:51] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[30:52] | 芬尼克斯 暮光香露香水 | |
[30:52] | You like music, don’t you? | 你喜欢音乐 是吧 |
[30:58] | 战争博物馆 遭纵火 | |
[31:09] | What’s with all the pantomime? | 这套哑剧是什么意思 |
[31:11] | Pantomime? | 哑剧 |
[31:11] | Bringing me down to London, all this. | 叫我来伦敦 这一套 |
[31:14] | Two old friends going to see a concert? | 两个老友去看音乐会 |
[31:16] | But we’re not old friends. | 但我们不是老友 |
[31:18] | And we are not going to see a concert. | 我们也不是去看音乐会 |
[31:30] | Are we being followed? | 我们被跟踪了吗 |
[31:32] | Spot of supper, don’t you think? | 活动一下正好吃晚餐 |
[31:54] | With Special Branch | 因为政治保安处 |
[31:55] | having taken the international business off our hands, | 接手了国际事件 |
[31:58] | we can turn our attention back | 我们可以把注意力转回到 |
[32:01] | on this Ames character. | 这个埃姆斯身上了 |
[32:04] | What’s the latest development? | 最新进展是什么 |
[32:06] | Nothing much to add since the last briefing, sir. | 自上次报告后并无新情况 长官 |
[32:09] | Jim? | 吉姆 |
[32:09] | We’ve braced all potential associates | 我们找过了所有可能同伙 |
[32:11] | and regular informants, sir, | 和常用线人 长官 |
[32:13] | particularly amongst the colored community, | 尤其是有色人种群体的 |
[32:15] | but so far there hasn’t been a peep. | 但到目前毫无消息 |
[32:18] | Where’s Morse in all this? | 摩斯呢 |
[32:19] | He generally has something useful to contribute. | 他一般都能贡献点什么 |
[32:21] | Pursuing inquiries, sir. | 去进行调查了 长官 |
[32:23] | Good God! | 老天 |
[32:24] | It’s a machete-wielding West Indian | 我们要找的是一个挥砍刀的 |
[32:27] | with a distinctive facial scar we’re trying to find. | 西印度群岛人 脸上还有明显伤疤 |
[32:30] | In Oxford! | 在牛津 |
[32:31] | Its not the Scarlet Pimpernel. | 又不是什么神秘人物 |
[32:33] | No, sir. | 是 长官 |
[32:33] | We must redouble our efforts. | 我们得加倍努力 |
[32:34] | All of us. | 所有人 |
[32:35] | Division want him found, and sooner rather than later. | 警部要求尽快找到他 |
[32:38] | Certainly not before another piece of his bloody handiwork | 绝不能让他的又一个受害人 |
[32:41] | ends up on Dr. DeBryn’s mortuary table. | 躺在德布林医生的停尸间里 |
[32:45] | Very well, carry on. | 好 继续吧 |
[33:07] | I bear grave news. | 我有坏消息 |
[33:09] | The chicken pie is off. | 鸡肉派没了 |
[33:12] | I call that a very bad show. | 真是太糟糕了 |
[33:13] | Morse, | 摩斯 |
[33:14] | Louis. | 路易 |
[33:16] | Louis, Morse. | 路易 摩斯 |
[33:17] | You’ve 30 seconds to tell me | 给你们30秒告诉我 |
[33:18] | who you are and what you want, | 你们是谁 找我干什么 |
[33:19] | or else I’m leaving. | 否则我就走了 |
[33:21] | We’re wardens in ordinary | 我们只是普通看守 |
[33:22] | attached to St. Peter ad vincula. | 在圣彼得镣铐工作 |
[33:24] | St. Peter in Chains. | 圣彼得镣铐 |
[33:27] | That’s the chapel at the Tower. | 那是伦敦塔的礼拜堂 |
[33:28] | Thomas More was buried there. | 托马斯·摩尔葬在那里 |
[33:30] | Oh, yes. | 对 |
[33:31] | Thomas Cromwell, Anne Boleyn, | 还有托马斯·克伦威尔 安·博林 |
[33:33] | Lady Jane Grey. | 简·格雷夫人 |
[33:35] | The lopped heads of old England. | 英国旧时代的无头鬼 |
[33:38] | Traitors all. | 都是叛徒 |
[33:40] | If you know that much, you know it’s a Royal Peculiar. | 如果你知道这些 也该知道那是皇家教堂 |
[33:43] | Please. | 请坐 |
[33:45] | So you answer only to the crown. | 就是说你们直接效忠王室 |
[33:47] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[33:53] | So what do you want? | 你们想干什么 |
[33:54] | To help– what else? | 帮忙 还能是什么 |
[33:56] | With what? | 帮什么 |
[33:58] | Pfuscher. | 弗舍 |
[34:00] | And what’s in it for you? | 对你有什么好处 |
[34:01] | You should take a look at Sebastian Fenix. | 你该查查塞巴斯蒂安·芬尼克斯 |
[34:03] | The parfumier? | 那个香水师吗 |
[34:04] | Oh, the world-famous multi-millionaire parfumier, | 闻名世界的百万富翁香水师 |
[34:07] | playboy, and philanthropist. | 花花公子 慈善家 |
[34:09] | Why don’t you take a look at him? | 你怎么不去查他 |
[34:09] | You’re the policeman. | 你是警察 |
[34:11] | Every game must be played according to its rules. | 游戏都得按规矩玩 |
[34:18] | Is what happened to Pfuscher | 弗舍的事是否 |
[34:19] | in some way connected to Fenix? | 跟芬尼克斯有关 |
[34:22] | He acted as interpreter to Fenix for a while. | 他为芬尼克斯做了一阵翻译 |
[34:27] | Fenix has a factory north of Oxford. | 芬尼克斯在北牛津有家工厂 |
[34:30] | We’d be very interested in anything you might pick up. | 你如果发现了什么 我们会很想知道 |
[34:33] | Particularly anything being made in laboratory four. | 尤其是4号实验室里制作的东西 |
[34:36] | Why don’t you take a look? | 你怎么不去看 |
[34:38] | Do you love your country? | 你爱你的国家吗 |
[34:38] | Do you still beat your wife? | 你还打你妻子吗 |
[34:41] | We’re on the side of the angels. | 我们是好人 |
[34:42] | Quite literally. | 一点不夸张 |
[34:44] | I’m not a spy. | 我不是间谍 |
[34:45] | – Neither are we. – Then what are you? | -我们也不是 -那你们是什么人 |
[34:46] | Keepers of the secret flame. | 秘密火焰的守护者 |
[34:49] | Guardians of the realm. | 王国的守卫 |
[34:51] | Britain’s last line of defense. | 不列颠的最后防线 |
[34:55] | So why me? | 为什么找我 |
[34:56] | You’re a policeman. | 你是警察 |
[34:57] | You can legitimately look into matters | 你能合法地调查 |
[34:59] | beyond our sphere of influence. | 我们触及不到的事 |
[35:01] | And you can just as legitimately | 如果出了岔子 |
[35:03] | wipe your hands of it | 你们也能合法地 |
[35:04] | if anything goes wrong. | 洗脱干系 |
[35:06] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[35:09] | Enjoy your potted shrimp. | 慢慢享用你们的虾盅吧 |
[35:12] | It’s entirely your decision, but this may prove instructive. | 决定权完全在你 但这可能对你有启示作用 |
[35:17] | Our parfumier is quite photogenic. | 这位香水师很上相 |
[35:22] | Burn it when you’re done. | 看完烧掉 |
[35:25] | We have copies. | 我们有副本 |
[36:18] | Early for you, Mr. Thursday. | 您来得好早 瑟斯戴先生 |
[36:20] | Early bird, Else, catches the worm. | 早起鸟 艾茜 才能捉到虫 |
[36:23] | Your eye’s on the mend. | 你的眼睛好些了 |
[36:25] | Pound of best rump, that cost me. | 为了给她敷眼 买了块好臀肉呢 |
[36:28] | Money well spent. | 那这钱花对地方了 |
[36:31] | You want to watch where you’re going in the future. | 你今后走路可小心点 |
[36:33] | What I told her– kettle. | 我也是这么说 水开了 |
[36:39] | Not the first time, is it? | 不是第一次了吧 |
[36:42] | She’s clumsy, what can you do? | 她就是笨手笨脚 没办法 |
[36:46] | I’d hate for it to be anything else, Joe. | 我可不希望是有什么别的 乔 |
[36:49] | Any man’d raise a hand to a woman | 动手打女人的男人 |
[36:50] | is about as low as it gets, in my book. | 在我看来是最下作的了 |
[36:53] | Goes on between a husband and wife’s their business. | 夫妻之间的事与外人无关 |
[36:55] | Till it becomes mine. | 直到发展成我管的那种事 |
[37:06] | Sir. | 长官 |
[37:08] | Anything in? | 有情况吗 |
[37:10] | Pretty quiet as it goes. | 挺平静的 |
[37:12] | Couple of car thefts. | 一两起盗车 |
[37:13] | Indecent exposure on Catte Street. | 卡特街有人露阴 |
[37:17] | Oh, and a Dr. Schneider called. | 有位施耐德博士来电 |
[37:22] | It slipped my mind, | 我忘了 |
[37:24] | Karl did ask something | 卡尔是问过一件事 |
[37:25] | which I thought a little strange. | 我当时觉得挺奇怪 |
[37:27] | In one of his last letters, | 他最新的一封信里 |
[37:29] | he asked if I had any information | 向我打听了一位 |
[37:30] | about our old language tutor. | 我们的老英语老师 |
[37:32] | Your language tutor? | 英语老师 |
[37:34] | Yes, when we came to Oxford, | 对 我们来牛津时 |
[37:35] | we both had lessons to improve our English | 都曾修了课增进我们的英语 |
[37:37] | with a Miss Bagshot. | 是位巴格肖小姐 |
[37:40] | It was recommended by the college for all foreign students. | 学院向所有外籍生都推荐了她 |
[37:43] | Did he say why he wanted to speak with her? | 他是否说过找她什么事 |
[37:46] | No, only that she had been on his mind lately. | 没有 只说他最近想起了她 |
[37:50] | I found her address and telephone number | 我查到了她的地址和电话号码 |
[37:51] | and sent it to Karl. | 就寄给了卡尔 |
[37:54] | Did he ever mention Sebastian Fenix? | 他提过一位塞巴斯蒂安·芬尼克斯吗 |
[37:57] | The parfumier? | 那位香水师 |
[37:59] | No, never. | 从没 |
[38:00] | Not to me, at least. | 至少没对我提过 |
[38:15] | – Miss Bagshot? – Yes? | -巴格肖小姐 -是 |
[38:17] | So… what do you want, Detective…? | 你有什么事 警探 |
[38:21] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[38:22] | I believe you knew Karl Pfuscher. | 你应该认识卡尔·弗舍 |
[38:24] | I’d be interested in anything you could tell me about him. | 我想听你说说他 什么都行 |
[38:26] | Pfuscher, Pfuscher– that’s what, German? | 弗舍 德国人吗 |
[38:30] | He came up in ’58, to Beaufort. | 他1958年进入博福尔 |
[38:32] | Ah, I have had a lot of pupils over the years. | 我这些年来有过不少学生 |
[38:37] | He’s the one on the right. | 他是右边那个 |
[38:41] | Oh, yes, I believe he came to me for a while. | 对 他是做过我一阵学生 |
[38:45] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[38:46] | He was killed. | 他被杀了 |
[38:48] | In Oxford, Saturday. | 在牛津 周六 |
[38:50] | Murdered. | 他杀 |
[38:51] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[38:53] | But I hadn’t seen him in seven, eight years. | 但我七八年没见过他了 |
[39:00] | Do you recognize anyone in this photograph? | 你认得这张照片里的任何人吗 |
[39:04] | – Am I likely to? – You tell me. | -我会认得吗 -你说呢 |
[39:09] | No, no one there I know. | 不 不认识谁 |
[39:11] | Really? | 是吗 |
[39:12] | I don’t know what you could possibly expect me to tell you. | 我不知道你还指望我说什么 |
[39:15] | You could tell me why | 你可以告诉我为什么 |
[39:16] | he called you the evening he came to England. | 他来英国当晚就给你打了电话 |
[39:18] | I wasn’t aware he had. | 我不知道他打过 |
[39:19] | I have his hotel bill. | 我有他的旅馆账单 |
[39:22] | He was on the line for three minutes. | 他打了三分钟电话 |
[39:24] | Long time to listen to a ringing telephone. | 如果没人接 这时间也太久了 |
[39:29] | You’re either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. | 你不是特别勇敢 就是特别蠢 |
[39:33] | You look like a decent enough young man, | 你似乎是个好小伙 |
[39:35] | so perhaps it’s the former, | 所以或许是前者 |
[39:37] | but you really are involving yourself | 但你真的在插手 |
[39:39] | in matters way above your pay grade. | 远高于你级别的事 |
[39:42] | What matters? | 什么事 |
[39:43] | Leave it to Special Branch. | 就交给政治保安处吧 |
[39:45] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[39:47] | You can’t be that naïve. | 你不会那么天真吧 |
[39:50] | The world is divided in two. | 世界一分为二 |
[39:52] | Freedom on one side, the Russians on the other, | 一边是自由 一边是苏联 |
[39:54] | and a bloody great wall down the middle, | 一堵高墙竖立在中央 |
[39:55] | separating the two of them. | 把它们分隔开 |
[39:58] | There’s a war of shadows. | 这是场影子战争 |
[40:00] | There’s a little boy, Steve McLean. | 有个小男孩 史蒂文·麦克林 |
[40:03] | Six years old. | 六岁 |
[40:04] | He’s been caught in the crossfire of whatever this is. | 他被不管这是什么的交火击中了 |
[40:08] | He’s in Cowley General recovering from gunshot wounds. | 他受了枪伤 在考利综合医院救治 |
[40:12] | I will get to the bottom of this. | 这事我一定查到底 |
[40:14] | For his sake. | 为了他 |
[40:17] | You’ve wandered into no-man’s-land, Mr. Morse. | 你闯入了无人区 摩斯先生 |
[40:21] | Take my advice. | 听我一句 |
[40:23] | Retrace your steps, go back, | 原路返回 |
[40:25] | while you still can. | 趁你还有机会 |
[40:27] | What if I’m already too far in? | 如果我已经走太远了呢 |
[40:30] | Then I’ll light a candle for you. | 那我为你点蜡烛祈祷 |
[40:43] | I don’t want to have to raise my voice in front of the men, | 我也不想当着手下们叫嚷 |
[40:47] | but this station is currently under review. | 但本警局目前在受到检视 |
[40:50] | They wouldn’t simply shut Cowley down, though, would they, sir? | 他们不会直接关闭考利警局吧 长官 |
[40:53] | Results, Thursday, results. | 成果 瑟斯戴 都看那个 |
[40:56] | We shall live or die by our achievements. | 决定我们存亡的将是我们的成就 |
[41:00] | Or the lack of them. | 或我们的失利 |
[41:04] | To be honest, sir, | 老实说 长官 |
[41:07] | I’m not sure I’ve got the miles left in me | 我不知道我是否还有精力 |
[41:09] | to start over at a new nick. | 去新警局重新开始 |
[41:13] | Particularly if it meant a new governor. | 尤其是如果要换新长官 |
[41:19] | Sorry to interrupt, sir, | 抱歉打扰 长官 |
[41:20] | but there’s a report just through | 但刚接到报告 |
[41:21] | that the Hope and Anchor on Shadforth Street | 沙德福街的望锚酒吧 |
[41:23] | has been turned over. | 遭到了打劫 |
[41:25] | Mob-handed, according to initial reports. | 据初步报告 似乎是黑帮所为 |
[41:27] | That’s Eddie Nero’s boozer. | 那是埃迪·尼罗的酒铺 |
[41:38] | Trewlove. | 楚拉夫 |
[41:39] | A number of cars arrived at about 1:00, sir. | 几辆车大概1点开了过来 长官 |
[41:41] | We’ve got a partial index from a passer-by. | 一位路人记下了部分车牌 |
[41:43] | Good work, Constable. | 好样的 警员 |
[41:45] | Well, this is a right mess. | 还真是乱 |
[41:51] | Looks like a proper carve-up. | 看来被砸得很彻底 |
[41:56] | Nobody saw anything, I suppose. | 是不是没人看到什么 |
[41:58] | Not according to the landlord, sir. | 店主说是没有 长官 |
[42:00] | I can put the squeeze on. | 我可以施施压 |
[42:03] | Forget it, Sergeant, it’s Summertown. | 算了 警长 这可是萨默敦 |
[42:09] | Welcome to Fenix Industries. | 欢迎来到芬尼克斯工业 |
[42:31] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[42:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:19] | Remarkable creatures. | 了不起的生灵 |
[43:24] | Erpetoichthys horrida. | 学名是erpetoichthys horrida |
[43:26] | Commonly known as the estuarine snakefish. | 俗称河口带鱼 |
[43:29] | They secrete a lethal toxin | 它们能分泌一种毒素 |
[43:31] | from glands on the base of the spines on their dorsal fin | 毒素来自背鳍椎骨根部的腺体 |
[43:34] | which stick up when disturbed. | 它会在被扰动时凸起 |
[43:36] | Or threatened. | 或是受到威胁时 |
[43:38] | Goes by the name of Tiddles, presumably. | 名叫胖嘟嘟吗 |
[43:43] | That’s an unusual pet. | 很不寻常的宠物 |
[43:45] | I’m attracted to unusual things. | 我喜欢不寻常的东西 |
[43:47] | Can I have Miss Borgia to fix you a drink? | 需要我让波吉亚小姐给你调杯酒吗 |
[43:50] | She mixes a martini to die for. | 她调的马丁尼让人欲罢不能 |
[43:52] | I’m sure, but no, thank you. | 我相信 但不必了 谢谢 |
[43:54] | What is it you do here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[43:55] | I’m curious. | 我很想知道 |
[43:56] | A fatal flaw in cats, Mr. Morse. | 猫的致命弱点 摩斯先生 |
[44:00] | We make perfume. | 我们制造香水 |
[44:05] | And an awful lot of money. | 还能挣很多钱 |
[44:07] | Dollars and scents. | 美元和香气 |
[44:08] | It’s easy to mock, | 随你调笑 |
[44:09] | but to make great perfume takes genius | 但要制作好香水需要天才 |
[44:11] | and a nose that would shame | 还需要比得过 |
[44:12] | the greatest sommelier in the world. | 最好的酒侍的鼻子 |
[44:16] | Thankfully, I possess both. | 幸好 我两样都有 |
[44:18] | And no end of modesty. | 还有无尽的谦虚 |
[44:20] | A much over-prized virtue. | 过誉的美德 |
[44:22] | Come, let me show you. | 来 我带你看 |
[44:26] | Fenix Industries has many interests. | 芬尼克斯工业有很多业务 |
[44:30] | The company began as a Venetian perfume house in the 13th century. | 公司最初是13世纪威尼斯的一家香水坊 |
[44:35] | Our world-famous fragrances | 我们闻名世界的香水 |
[44:36] | remain a source of great pride | 一直令我们非常骄傲 |
[44:38] | and no little income, | 收入也颇丰 |
[44:40] | but since the war, Fenix has diversified into many fields. | 但战后 芬尼克斯已拓展至多个领域 |
[44:45] | Such as? | 比如 |
[44:46] | One half of this facility | 设施内一半 |
[44:47] | is a pharmaceutical research laboratory, | 是制药研究实验室 |
[44:51] | specializing in bacteriological | 专攻细菌 |
[44:53] | and virological research. | 和病毒研究 |
[44:55] | Tuberculosis bovina. | 牛肺结核病 |
[44:58] | Foot and mouth. | 口蹄疫 |
[45:00] | But that’s nothing you couldn’t have | 但这样的信息 |
[45:01] | ascertained with a single phone call to the right ministry. | 你问对了部门也能知道 |
[45:04] | So what do you really want to know? | 所以你究竟想知道什么 |
[45:06] | What you were doing with Karl Pfuscher in Geneva? | 你跟卡尔·弗舍去日内瓦做什么 |
[45:09] | Business. | 生意 |
[45:11] | Our usual translator was indisposed. | 我们常用的翻译不适 |
[45:13] | We had a narrow window of opportunity to conduct our dealings. | 而我们完成生意的时机非常短暂 |
[45:16] | Karl was free, came highly recommended, | 卡尔有时间 还备受推荐 |
[45:18] | and was well rewarded for his time. | 也受到了颇为丰厚的报酬 |
[45:21] | And when was this? | 这是什么时候 |
[45:22] | A couple of days last autumn. | 去年秋天的几天 |
[45:27] | Have you seen him since? | 你此后还见过他吗 |
[45:29] | No– why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[45:30] | What’s your interest? | 你为什么问 |
[45:30] | Someone pumped four rounds of ammunition into him | 有人上周六在近距离冲他 |
[45:32] | this Saturday at close range | 开了四枪 |
[45:33] | with a silenced automatic pistol. | 用的是消音自动手枪 |
[45:36] | Not now, thank you. | 现在不行 谢谢 |
[45:38] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[45:40] | And you imagine, somehow, | 你认为 这可能 |
[45:42] | that Fenix Industries had something to do with that? | 跟芬尼克斯工业有关吗 |
[45:46] | Alas, I fear I must disappoint your expectations. | 我恐怕得让你失望了 |
[45:48] | I’m a scientist, yes, but not a mad one. | 我是个科学家 但不是疯狂科学家 |
[45:53] | We shall have to take your word for that. | 我们只能相信你一言了 |
[45:56] | For the moment, at least. | 暂时是的 |
[45:57] | I would be delighted | 我很乐意 |
[45:58] | to give you a complete tour of the facility, | 带你参观整个设施 |
[46:00] | just to show you we have no secrets to hide, | 让你看到我们并无秘密 |
[46:03] | no dark agenda for world domination. | 没有统治世界的秘密企图 |
[46:05] | But I am pressed for time, and it will have to wait. | 但我赶时间 只能改日了 |
[46:09] | Make an appointment with Miss Borgia. | 跟波吉亚小姐预个约吧 |
[46:11] | I’d be more than happy to oblige. | 我到时会乐意奉陪 |
[46:22] | Until then, | 在此之前 |
[46:24] | a bottle of my latest creation. | 送您一瓶我的最新创造 |
[46:27] | Vespertine. | 暮光香露 |
[46:29] | By way of a souvenir of your visit. | 算是你此行的纪念品 |
[46:32] | Give it to your girlfriend, or someone you love. | 送给女友 或你爱的人 |
[46:35] | I’m sure I could find room for it in the evidence store. | 我相信我能在证据室找到地方存放它 |
[46:38] | Evidence of what? | 什么的证据 |
[46:39] | Your genius. | 你的天才 |
[46:41] | What else? | 还能是什么 |
[46:42] | Life is not a paperback, Mr. Morse. | 生活不是平装书 摩斯先生 |
[46:46] | For a policeman with an overdeveloped sense of right and wrong, | 对于正义感过于强烈的警察 |
[46:49] | it’s a bad film with an unhappy ending. | 生活只会是悲伤结局的无聊电影 |
[46:53] | One in which the villain gets the girl, | 在其中 坏人会得到女人 |
[46:55] | and the money, and the world entire. | 钱 和整个世界 |
[46:58] | And the hero? | 那英雄呢 |
[46:59] | There’s your mistake. | 你这就错了 |
[47:01] | Conscience is a negotiable commodity. | 良心是可讨价还价的商品 |
[47:03] | There are no heroes. | 这世上没有英雄 |
[47:04] | No white hats, no black hats. | 没有白帽 没有黑帽 |
[47:07] | Just shades of green. | 只有绿色 |
[47:09] | Money. | 绿色的钱 |
[47:11] | That’s the true universal panacea. | 那才是真正的万金油 |
[47:14] | Good for anything that ails you. | 能治好你的一切忧伤 |
[47:21] | Wiedersehen. | 再见[德语] |
[47:32] | This way Mr. Morse. | 这边请 摩斯先生 |
[47:46] | Thought you might be in the mood to talk. | 你或许会想谈谈 |
[47:48] | Now you have had a clear-up. | 清理过之后 |
[47:50] | To you? | 跟你谈吗 |
[47:52] | Think on. | 拉倒吧 |
[47:54] | The bookie’s last week, now your boozer? | 上周是赌注登记处 现在又是酒铺 |
[47:56] | All I hear, since that lorry load of Kilorran | 今年夏季那一货车的基洛兰威士忌 |
[47:58] | was knocked off this summer, | 被劫后 我听说 |
[48:00] | arse has fallen out of the hijack business, too. | 敲诈的生意也不好做了 |
[48:03] | Someone’s beating you to the punch week-in, week-out. | 有人每周都比你抢先 |
[48:05] | Know a lot, don’t you? | 知道不少啊 |
[48:07] | Who’s putting the squeeze on, Eddie? | 是谁在施压 埃迪 |
[48:08] | You think I knew that I would be here? | 你觉得我如果知道 还会坐在这儿吗 |
[48:11] | I’d hope you’d come and have a quiet word with us | 我希望你冲动行事之前 |
[48:13] | before you did anything rash. | 能先跟我们平静谈谈 |
[48:15] | You don’t want to be going | 你最好别 |
[48:16] | taking the law into your own hands, Eddie. | 自己私下动手 埃迪 |
[48:19] | That’s Mr. Nero to you, boy. | 你要叫尼罗先生 小子 |
[48:22] | Do I have to teach you some manners? | 要我教你礼貌吗 |
[48:24] | You want some n’all? | 你想尝尝厉害吗 |
[48:25] | – Any time, any place. – All right. | -随时随地奉陪 -行了 |
[48:27] | All right. | 行了 |
[48:30] | We’re here after doing you a favor, Eddie. | 我们是想帮你 埃迪 |
[48:32] | But things can always change. | 但情况也可以变化 |
[48:34] | What favor? | 帮什么 |
[48:37] | This turns into a proper Watney Street knees-up, | 这如果变成一场黑帮大战 |
[48:40] | it’s only a matter of time | 那迟早 |
[48:40] | before some innocent bystander cops it. | 会有无辜路人因此受伤 |
[48:42] | I can’t have that on the street. | 这我不能允许 |
[48:45] | You want whoever’s at it out of your hair, | 你希望那个在逼近的人不再找你麻烦 |
[48:47] | we want them banged up. | 我们也想抓到那人 |
[48:50] | – I’m no grass. – I know. | -我不会告密 -我知道 |
[48:53] | Honor amongst. | 盗亦有道 |
[48:55] | But this ain’t grassing. | 但这不是告密 |
[48:58] | Whatever you got, the smallest thing. | 不管你知道什么 哪怕最微不足道的事 |
[49:05] | Some bastard’s got the nerve to call me chicken. | 有混蛋敢说我是胆小鬼[鸡] |
[49:08] | Here! | 给 |
[49:09] | Whoever it is had better pray it’s you finds that ’em first. | 不管是谁 那人最好祈祷是你们先抓到他 |
[49:17] | Black cockerel? | 黑公鸡 |
[49:20] | We’ve seen that before. | 我们见过 |
[49:22] | The Lloyd Collins killing, sir. | 劳埃德·柯林斯的案子 长官 |
[49:24] | Part of this hijack gang, wasn’t he? | 他是劫车团伙的成员吧 |
[49:26] | That made off with a lorry load of whisky | 在沃丁顿道口劫走了 |
[49:27] | from Waddington Junction, that’s right, sir. | 一货车威士忌 没错 长官 |
[49:30] | Suspicion was he’d been murdered by one of his accomplices. | 我们怀疑他是被自己同伙所杀 |
[49:33] | Some voodoo connection. | 跟巫毒有关 |
[49:34] | Ames? | 埃姆斯吗 |
[49:36] | You think he’s behind this turf war with Eddie Nero? | 你认为是他在跟埃迪·尼罗抢地盘 |
[49:38] | Certainly looks that way, sir. | 看来是 长官 |
[49:40] | Does Nero know? | 尼罗知道吗 |
[49:41] | There’d be a lot more blood on the streets if he did. | 如果他知道 那该有更多人流血街头 |
[49:48] | Anything for me? | 有我什么消息吗 |
[49:49] | Some mob smashed up the Hope and Anchor. | 有人砸了望锚酒吧 |
[49:51] | Eddie Nero’s place? | 埃迪·尼罗的地方 |
[49:52] | Jim and the old man’s in with Mr. Bright now. | 吉姆和老爷子在跟布莱特先生汇报 |
[49:54] | Oh, a Dr. Schneider | 一位施耐德博士 |
[49:56] | dropped off a sketchbook of Karl Pfuscher’s | 送来了一本卡尔·弗舍的素描本 |
[49:57] | that he held on to from their undergrad days. | 说是当年他们上学时的 |
[50:00] | Said some Samantha girl could be in there. | 说那个萨曼莎姑娘可能在里面 |
[50:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[50:05] | Where’d you get to? | 你去哪了 |
[50:06] | I was at the break-ins in the Oxpens. | 我去查看了牛圈区的入室案 |
[50:08] | What break-ins? | 什么入室案 |
[50:09] | It’s in the log book. | 日志簿里有 |
[50:12] | Shirl. | 雪莉 |
[50:14] | Sir, do you have a moment? | 长官 您有时间吗 |
[50:15] | Of course, Constable. | 当然 警员 |
[50:17] | Uh, come through. | 过来吧 |
[50:18] | Don’t go disappearing off. | 你别玩消失 |
[50:19] | I could do with the benefit of your wisdom on Eddie Nero. | 我需要你帮忙参谋埃迪·尼罗的事 |
[50:47] | He had a girl in Headington, | 他在海丁顿有个女友 |
[50:51] | on Sebastopol Terrace. | 在塞巴斯特普台 |
[50:56] | I’ve just come from Dozier’s Newsagents, sir. | 我刚从道齐尔报刊店来 长官 |
[50:59] | Mrs. Dozier has been taken by ambulance to Cowley General. | 道齐尔太太被救护车送去了考利综合医院 |
[51:02] | She’s pretty badly hurt. | 她伤得很重 |
[51:04] | Both Mr. And Mrs. Dozier say she had a fall down the stairs. | 道齐尔先生和太太都说她摔下了楼梯 |
[51:09] | You believe them? | 你相信他们吗 |
[51:11] | It’s possible. | 是有可能 |
[51:13] | The carpet’s worn through to the floorboards at the top. | 楼梯顶端的地毯磨穿了 |
[51:15] | But to fall onto both sides of her face at once? | 但难道会同时摔到两边脸吗 |
[51:19] | I just thought you should know. | 我就觉得该告诉您 |
[51:22] | All right, Constable, good work– carry on. | 好 警员 做得好 去吧 |
[51:39] | Where’s Morse? | 摩斯呢 |
[51:40] | Just gone out. | 刚出去了 |
[51:41] | Out where? | 去哪了 |
[51:42] | Overnight break-ins, he said. | 他说去查夜间闯入案了 |
[53:28] | He was on that Swiss team photograph I showed you. | 他在我给你看的瑞士队照片里 |
[53:31] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[53:33] | Not a Swiss. | 不是瑞士人 |
[53:35] | Pavel Mikhailovich Zorkin, KGB. | 帕沃·米凯拉维奇·佐靳 克格勃 |
[53:44] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方 |
[53:45] | Who lives here? | 谁住这里 |
[53:46] | Nobody– it’s a safe house. | 没人住 这是安全屋 |
[53:49] | Could have fooled me. | 骗到我了 |
[53:50] | Well, I did warn you not to get involved. | 我叫你别插手了 |
[53:52] | Listen, if I fill you in on some of it, | 如果我告诉你一些情况 |
[53:54] | will you leave it all alone? | 你能不能别再插手了 |
[53:56] | Well, I think I’ve got some of it already. | 我想我已经查到一些了 |
[53:59] | Karl Pfuscher was a British asset, | 卡尔·弗舍是英国线人 |
[54:00] | recruited by Alexander Richmond, is that right? | 被亚历山大·里士满招募 对吗 |
[54:03] | Mm, Alex has always had a good nose. | 亚历克斯一向会挑 |
[54:04] | A good eye, too. | 看人很准 |
[54:06] | Fancied you for a while. | 还曾看上过你 |
[54:08] | I was Pfuscher’s handler for several years. | 我做了弗舍接头人好多年 |
[54:10] | Ran him in and out of East Germany. | 带他进出东德 |
[54:13] | Four years ago, he was betrayed. | 四年前 他遭到背叛 |
[54:16] | By who? | 谁 |
[54:17] | Well, your guess is as good as mine. | 我也不知道 |
[54:18] | The other side rolled up half our network. | 另一边挖出了我们半个网络 |
[54:21] | I barely got out alive. | 我也是勉强逃过一劫 |
[54:24] | We lost a lot of good people. | 我们失去了很多好人 |
[54:26] | Locals, in the main. | 主要是本地人 |
[54:27] | Liquidated. | 被清算了 |
[54:29] | We took Karl Pfuscher to have been amongst them. | 我们还以为卡尔·弗舍也是 |
[54:31] | Only he wasn’t dead. | 但他没死 |
[54:33] | No– perhaps it would have been better if he had been. | 对 或许他死了还更好 |
[54:36] | Because the Russians got him? | 因为苏联人抓走了他吗 |
[54:38] | Turned him. | 让他叛变了 |
[54:39] | Double agent. | 双面间谍 |
[54:41] | I dread to think what secrets he gave up. | 我都不敢去想 他供出了什么秘密 |
[54:45] | He disappeared for a while. | 他消失了一阵 |
[54:47] | During which time, he fell in love with a Czech girl. | 期间 还爱上了个捷克姑娘 |
[54:50] | Danulka. | 丹奴卡 |
[54:51] | Mm, she died two months ago, | 她两个月前死了 |
[54:53] | when the Red tanks rolled into Prague. | 华沙条约组织军队入侵捷克斯洛伐克时死的 |
[54:56] | Pfuscher got in contact again. | 弗舍又联系了我 |
[54:59] | Said he wanted to come in, | 说他想投诚 |
[55:01] | and moreover, he said he had treasure. | 而且 他说他带了好东西 |
[55:03] | What treasure? | 什么好东西 |
[55:05] | Well, since ’51, all eyes have been on Cambridge, | 1951年后 大家都盯着剑桥 |
[55:09] | but Pfuscher came into information | 但弗舍得到消息 |
[55:11] | that the Soviets were running an active cell | 苏联自30年代早期就在牛津 |
[55:13] | out of Oxford since the early ’30s. | 一直有一个间谍组织 |
[55:18] | Codename “News.” | 代号”新闻” |
[55:22] | And Pfuscher knew who was in this cell? | 弗舍知道成员有谁吗 |
[55:24] | Mm, he was going to tell me the list of names | 他还说周六晚 比赛结束后 |
[55:25] | on Saturday night, after the games. | 要把名单告诉我 |
[55:28] | That’s why he got himself onto the team. | 所以他才想办法挤进参赛队 |
[55:30] | God knows how many they’ve recruited, | 天知道他们招募了多少人 |
[55:32] | but there have been rumors for some time | 但早有谣传说 |
[55:36] | that HMG has been penetrated to cabinet level, | 英王政府早已被渗透至内阁 |
[55:39] | maybe even beyond. | 甚至更高 |
[55:41] | – No, I don’t believe that. – Well, you may not, | -我不相信 -你可能不信 |
[55:43] | but our friends on the continent seriously think so. | 但我们欧洲的盟友可是非常信 |
[55:47] | Why do you think de Gaulle is so determined | 你以为戴高乐为什么那么不想 |
[55:49] | to keep us out of the European Community? | 让我们加入欧洲共同市场 |
[55:52] | “Buy British, Get Boris.” | “买英国 送苏联” |
[55:57] | So where does Fenix fit into this? | 那芬尼克斯跟此事有什么关系 |
[56:01] | – Fenix? – Mm, Fenix Industries. | -芬尼克斯 -芬尼克斯工业 |
[56:03] | Pfuscher was working as a translator for him | 弗舍曾在日内瓦的什么生意上 |
[56:06] | – on some deal out of Geneva. – No. | -为他工作 -不 |
[56:08] | He’s got nothing to do with it, as far as I know. | 据我所知他跟此事无关 |
[56:11] | Right. | 好吧 |
[56:14] | Well, would he have known who was in this Oxford cell? | 他会知道牛津小组里有谁吗 |
[56:17] | If I’d thought that, | 如果我那么认为 |
[56:18] | it wouldn’t have been him I shot. | 我打死的就不会是他了 |
[56:21] | No, he’s just a killer. | 不 他只是杀手 |
[56:25] | No, Karl was the only one who knew. | 不 只有卡尔才知道 |
[56:29] | So what now? | 现在怎么办 |
[56:30] | Perhaps you’ll realize why you really ought to stay out of it. | 或许你这下明白你为什么应该回避了 |
[56:34] | Well, you know I have a duty to report what’s happened here. | 我有责任上报这里发生的事 |
[56:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[56:37] | We all have a duty. | 我们都有责任 |
[56:39] | Your duty was to mind your Ps and Qs | 你的责任就是乖乖地去 |
[56:41] | and report back to Special Branch. | 向政治保安处汇报 |
[56:44] | That was your duty. | 那才是你的责任 |
[56:45] | Yes, but a little boy has been shot. | 是 但有个小男孩中了枪 |
[56:47] | Recompense will be made. | 会有赔偿的 |
[56:49] | He’ll recover, he’ll get over it. | 他恢复过来 忘记这事 |
[56:52] | Just as I’m sure you will. | 我相信你也会 |
[56:56] | You don’t want to go back to jail, do you? | 你不想回去坐牢吧 |
[57:00] | Or worse. | 或是更糟 |
[57:02] | Look, by the time your colleagues get here, | 等你同事赶到时 |
[57:06] | they won’t find anything. | 他们什么都不会发现 |
[57:08] | Not him, not me. | 他 或是我 |
[57:10] | Do you honestly think that they’re going to believe | 你真认为他们会相信 |
[57:12] | that a retired civil servant who takes in language students | 一位教英语的退休公务员 |
[57:15] | goes around shooting Russian thugs? | 还到处开枪打死苏联暴徒吗 |
[57:24] | We’re closed. | 我们关门了 |
[57:29] | You’ve been asking after me. | 你一直在打听我 |
[57:34] | Who’s that? | 谁 |
[57:36] | You had some bad luck, mister. | 你很不走运 先生 |
[57:39] | Your boy– Flynn, was it? | 你的手下 弗林 是吗 |
[57:45] | You got some neck, I’ll give you that. | 你挺大胆 这我承认 |
[57:47] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[57:48] | Ames– Cromwell Ames. | 埃姆斯 克伦威尔·埃姆斯 |
[57:52] | What do you want, Mr. Ames? | 你想要什么 埃姆斯先生 |
[57:54] | Everything. | 一切 |
[57:57] | Protection, girls, numbers, the gym. | 保护费 妓女 赌博 拳馆 |
[58:02] | All of it. | 所有一切 |
[58:05] | You can keep the car ringing. | 盗车留给你好了 |
[58:08] | That’s very generous. | 你好慷慨 |
[58:09] | Every dog has his day. | 人总有时来运转的一天 |
[58:11] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[58:12] | You think too small. | 你思维太局限 |
[58:15] | This is my town now. | 这里是我的了 |
[58:18] | I am serving you notice of eviction. | 我在给你下达驱逐令 |
[58:28] | You walk into my place, alone… | 你一个人走进我的地盘来 |
[58:32] | No. | 不 |
[58:33] | Never alone. | 我从不是一个人 |
[58:36] | The devil walks with me. | 魔鬼与我同行 |
[58:40] | My name is Crowmell Ames. | 我叫克伦威尔·埃姆斯 |
[58:43] | And I am come to set a fire upon the king. | 我要来火烧国王 |
[58:52] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[58:57] | I tripped. | 我绊倒了 |
[58:58] | The lino rucked up at the top of the stairs. | 楼梯顶的地毯打皱了 |
[59:01] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[59:03] | And the next time? | 那下次呢 |
[59:05] | He has to kill you before I do something, is that right? | 他要杀了你我才能做点什么吗 |
[59:09] | Is there anyone you can go to? | 你能去投奔谁吗 |
[59:11] | Family? You can’t go home. | 家人 你不能回家 |
[59:13] | I can’t leave him. | 我不能离开他 |
[59:15] | Been together nearly 40 years. | 我们在一起将近40年了 |
[59:18] | He wouldn’t know how to boil an egg. | 他连鸡蛋都不会煮 |
[59:40] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[59:43] | What happened to you? | 你是怎么了 |
[59:45] | Karl Pfuscher was, well, not friends exactly, | 卡尔·弗舍是…算不上朋友 |
[59:48] | but he was certainly very well acquainted | 但他跟博福尔的教授 |
[59:50] | with Alexander Richmond, a professor at Beaufort. | 亚历山大·里士满非常熟 |
[59:53] | Who is he? | 那是谁 |
[59:54] | He’s just an English don. | 他只是个英语老师 |
[59:56] | I attended one or two of his lectures. | 我还听过他一两次讲座 |
[59:58] | He asked me to partner him at bridge. | 他曾叫我做他桥牌的同伴 |
[1:00:00] | And afterwards, we had a very odd supper. | 之后 我们吃了顿很奇怪的晚餐 |
[1:00:03] | Odd in what way? | 怎么奇怪 |
[1:00:03] | Well, it was just the two of us. | 当时只有我们俩 |
[1:00:06] | He asked me about my feelings about the country. | 他问我对国家的看法 |
[1:00:09] | Whether I’d consider working for the Foreign Office. | 以及我愿不愿意为外交部工作 |
[1:00:14] | Gossip was, he was some sort of talent-spotter. | 据传 他是个人才猎头 |
[1:00:17] | For who? | 给谁工作 |
[1:00:20] | It’s not our case. | 那不是我们的案子 |
[1:00:23] | Look. | 听着 |
[1:00:25] | Say it’s on the level. | 就算真是这样 |
[1:00:26] | The Russian killed the Swiss to get to Pfuscher. | 是苏联人杀了瑞士人好杀弗舍 |
[1:00:28] | Your guardian angel kills the Russian. | 而你的守护天使杀了苏联人 |
[1:00:31] | The circle’s closed. | 已经闭环了 |
[1:00:35] | And what about the little boy? | 那个小男孩呢 |
[1:00:37] | Does he not matter? | 他就不重要吗 |
[1:00:38] | Of course he matters. | 他当然重要 |
[1:00:40] | You want to do right by him, make sure he’s safe, | 你想保护他 确保他的安全 |
[1:00:43] | you keep him as far away from all this as you can. | 你就要让他尽量远离这一切 |
[1:00:46] | There are still two murders on our ground. | 我们这里现在还有两名杀人犯 |
[1:00:50] | Pfuscher was killed for what he knew. | 弗舍因情报被杀 |
[1:00:52] | Chasing down communist spies? | 追捕共产党间谍 |
[1:00:54] | We’re meat-and-two-veg coppers, not Dangerman. | 我们是普通警察 不是密探 |
[1:00:57] | Leave the Do or Die to Special Branch. | 生死游戏留给政治保安处 |
[1:00:59] | We’re not paid to risk our necks the way you’ve been. | 我们拿的工资不需要你那么拼命 |
[1:01:08] | Got a girl now, haven’t you? | 你不是有女朋友了吗 |
[1:01:11] | Win was saying– Joan mentioned it. | 温说的 琼提到过 |
[1:01:16] | You’re no use to her a dead hero. | 你要是个牺牲英雄对她可没用 |
[1:02:39] | Join you? | 我能坐吗 |
[1:02:42] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[1:02:44] | Can I get you a drink? | 要喝点什么 |
[1:02:45] | Uh, I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[1:02:47] | Sure? | 真的 |
[1:02:50] | Thought I might find you here. | 我猜到你可能在这里 |
[1:02:54] | Claudine rang. | 克劳汀来电了 |
[1:02:58] | Did she? | 是吗 |
[1:03:01] | She told me to tell you, “Vietnam.” | 她让我告诉你”越南” |
[1:03:08] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:03:10] | You didn’t know. | 你不知道 |
[1:03:13] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:03:14] | Was she? | 那她呢 |
[1:03:19] | You liked her? | 你喜欢她 |
[1:03:21] | You know me. | 你了解我 |
[1:03:23] | Easy come, easy go. | 来得快 去得快 |
[1:03:26] | Have you eaten? | 你吃饭了吗 |
[1:03:28] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:03:30] | Today? | 今天吃了吗 |
[1:03:32] | When did you last eat? | 你上次吃饭是什么时候 |
[1:03:34] | I had planned to get something with Claudine, but… | 我本想跟克劳汀一起吃 但 |
[1:03:37] | Doesn’t matter. | 算了吧 |
[1:03:39] | You shouldn’t drink on an empty stomach. | 你不该空腹喝酒 |
[1:03:42] | That’s exactly when you should drink. | 这时才最该喝酒 |
[1:03:45] | Drown your sorrows? | 借酒消愁吗[淹死难过] |
[1:03:49] | Just marinate them a little. | 只是浸泡一下 |
[1:03:52] | It’s what they’re for, isn’t it? | 酒不就干这个吗 |
[1:03:53] | Sorrows? | 消愁 |
[1:03:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:04:00] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:04:02] | I thought you were keeping me company. | 我以为你要陪我呢 |
[1:04:04] | Not like this. | 你这样我才不要 |
[1:04:06] | Do you want me to call Jim Strange? | 要我打给吉姆·斯特兰奇吗 |
[1:04:07] | Make sure you get home? | 确保你安全到家 |
[1:04:08] | No. | 不用 |
[1:04:10] | No. | 不用 |
[1:04:13] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:04:25] | How’s it going with you and Jim? | 你和吉姆住得怎么样了 |
[1:04:28] | Well, it’s hardly The Yellow House. | 反正不是梵高和高更的黄房子 |
[1:04:31] | But it means we can both put something aside. | 但这样我们都能存钱 |
[1:04:35] | I should have enough for a deposit this time next year. | 明年这时我应该能付定金了 |
[1:04:38] | A man of property. | 有房的男人 |
[1:04:40] | Yeah, I suppose. | 或许吧 |
[1:04:44] | Didn’t Jane Austen have something to say about | 简·奥斯汀不是评论过 |
[1:04:45] | a single man in possession of a good fortune? | 单身有钱的男人吗 |
[1:04:49] | Oh, I doubt it will be Netherfield Park. | 应该不会像宾利先生的庄园那么气派 |
[1:04:59] | You didn’t need to walk me back, you know. | 你并不用送我回家 |
[1:05:01] | Old habits. | 积习难改 |
[1:05:08] | Do you want to come in? | 你想进来吗 |
[1:05:12] | For coffee? | 喝咖啡吗 |
[1:05:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:05:21] | I don’t go much for coffee. | 我不怎么喜欢咖啡 |
[1:05:26] | Besides… | 而且 |
[1:05:27] | Besides? | 而且 |
[1:05:29] | I have got things to do. | 我还有事 |
[1:05:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:05:42] | Well, good night, then. | 那晚安了 |
[1:05:51] | – What? – Is that Vespertine? | -怎么了 -那是暮光香露吗 |
[1:05:54] | Mum got me a bottle for my birthday. | 妈妈送了我一瓶做生日礼物 |
[1:05:59] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[1:08:47] | Hop in. | 上来 |
[1:08:59] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[1:09:00] | You wanted to know what was in lab four? | 你们想知道4号实验室里有什么 |
[1:09:05] | Ambergris. | 龙涎香 |
[1:09:06] | Secreted in the guts of sperm whales. | 是抹香鲸的肠道分泌物 |
[1:09:09] | It’s used in perfume? | 做香水的吗 |
[1:09:10] | As a fixative, that’s right. | 做固定剂 对 |
[1:09:11] | Traps aroma on the skin for long periods. | 能让香气长久留在皮肤上 |
[1:09:14] | Rare as hens’ teeth. | 非常罕见 |
[1:09:16] | And worth its weight in gold, quite literally. | 而且与黄金等重 不夸张 |
[1:09:18] | However, | 但是 |
[1:09:20] | fresh stuff is virtually useless to parfumiers. | 新鲜的对香水师毫无用处 |
[1:09:23] | It takes 20 years of immersion in the sea | 要在海水里浸泡20年 |
[1:09:25] | to produce the white, high-end stuff. | 才能制造出白色的珍品 |
[1:09:28] | So he’s curing his own, so what? | 所以他在自己制备龙涎香 那又如何 |
[1:09:29] | We had thought as much, but we couldn’t prove it. | 我们也这么猜 但无法证明 |
[1:09:31] | Until now. | 直到现在 |
[1:09:32] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:09:34] | So how’s he coming by so much raw ambergris? | 他是怎么得到这么多原始龙涎香 |
[1:09:37] | Well, that’s where Pfuscher came in. | 这就是弗舍的作用了 |
[1:09:39] | He was the translator for the deal that Fenix struck | 他在日内瓦作为翻译帮助芬尼克斯达成了 |
[1:09:42] | with Russian Baltic whalers in Geneva. | 与苏联波罗的海捕鲸队的协议 |
[1:09:45] | As you know, that sort of trade with the Soviets | 你也知道 这样跟苏联做交易 |
[1:09:47] | is strictly verboten. | 是完全被禁止的 |
[1:09:48] | He couldn’t keep a financial contract like that under wraps. | 他无法隐瞒那样的金钱交易 |
[1:09:51] | Indeed not. | 没错 |
[1:09:52] | The factory was also doing work for the chemical warfare boys | 工厂还在协助国防部绝密科研实验室 |
[1:09:55] | at Porton Down. | 研究化武 |
[1:09:56] | Always something new out of Porton, the scamps. | 他们那边总能发明新东西 |
[1:09:58] | So what you are saying is, | 你是说 |
[1:10:00] | he’s buying raw ambergris | 他在拿机密科学情报 |
[1:10:03] | with confidential scientific information? | 换取原始龙涎香吗 |
[1:10:07] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[1:10:08] | Because Pfuscher told us so. | 因为弗舍跟我们说了 |
[1:10:11] | We were as doubtful as you. | 我们本来跟你一样不信 |
[1:10:13] | He visited Fenix’s factory on the Friday night before the games | 他在比赛前的周五晚 去了芬尼克斯工厂 |
[1:10:17] | to prove his story. | 以证明他的说法 |
[1:10:18] | Well, he wasn’t as lucky as you, though. | 但他不像你那么走运 |
[1:10:20] | No. | 是啊 |
[1:10:20] | Came up empty-handed and had to make a run for it. | 空手而归 不得不逃跑 |
[1:10:24] | But now you’ve proved he was telling the truth, | 但你现在证明了他的说法 |
[1:10:27] | we can do something about it. | 我们可以采取行动了 |
[1:10:28] | Well, yes, arrest him, presumably. | 逮捕他吧 |
[1:10:31] | Nothing so heavy-handed. | 不会这么重拳出击 |
[1:10:33] | Well, I suppose you deserve your quid pro quo. | 看来你也该获得回报了 |
[1:10:36] | For services rendered. | 感谢你的服务 |
[1:10:42] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[1:11:50] | Sechs, zwei, vier. | 六 二 四 |
[1:11:55] | Eins, sieben, | 一 七 |
[1:11:57] | zwei, fünf, acht. | 二 五 八 |
[1:12:02] | Neun, sechs, zwei. | 九 六 二 |
[1:12:34] | Vier, zwei, sechs. | 四 二 六 |
[1:12:39] | Acht, fünf, zwei, neun. | 八 五 二 九 |
[1:12:44] | Creepy. | 可怕 |
[1:12:46] | It’s a numbers station. | 是数字电台 |
[1:12:48] | A which? | 什么 |
[1:12:48] | A numbers station. | 数字电台 |
[1:12:49] | It’s a device used to send coded information | 用以向在他国工作的 |
[1:12:51] | to intelligence officers working in foreign countries. | 情报人员发送加密信息 |
[1:12:54] | The sort of thing we used to broadcast | 战时我们曾用来 |
[1:12:55] | to the Resistance during the war. | 向抵抗组织发信息 |
[1:12:58] | “The geese fly south tonight,” | “今晚鹅往南飞” |
[1:12:59] | “Uncle Pierre has a blue hat.” | “皮埃尔叔叔戴蓝帽” |
[1:13:00] | Rubbish mostly, but in amongst the dross | 大多是废话 但其中 |
[1:13:02] | would be key phrases that meant something to specific groups. | 藏着对特定人有特别意义的关键词句 |
[1:13:07] | An instruction to blow a railway, | 指示他们炸铁路 |
[1:13:10] | or bring down telegraph poles. | 或毁掉电报杆 |
[1:13:12] | Mm, it’s the same idea. | 就是这样 |
[1:13:14] | We used to listen in on them in Signals. | 以前在通讯兵团 我们会监听这个 |
[1:13:15] | Suppose none of it means anything, does it, | 那么除非你有密钥 |
[1:13:17] | unless you’ve got the key? | 也听不懂了 |
[1:13:18] | That’s about the size of it. | 差不多 |
[1:13:20] | So what’s it doing here? | 这里怎么会有 |
[1:13:21] | It’s a hotline, presumably. | 应该是个热线 |
[1:13:24] | For the spy cell, codename News. | 指示代号新闻的间谍组织 |
[1:13:27] | Vier… | 四 |
[1:13:28] | Did you speak to the council? | 你找市议会了吗 |
[1:13:30] | Yeah, they weren’t best pleased | 嗯 他们可不高兴 |
[1:13:32] | to be got out of their bed, I can tell you. | 大早上被叫起来 |
[1:13:33] | Right, but who is it down to? | 但这里属于谁 |
[1:13:35] | Most of it’s given over to Beaufort College dons. | 大部分送给了博福尔的老师 |
[1:13:38] | – This particular strip’s held in the name of… – Ranunculus. | -而这里具体是… -毛茛科 |
[1:13:41] | Is it Alexander Richmond? | 是亚历山大·里士满吗 |
[1:13:42] | Alexander Richmond, that’s right. | 亚历山大·里士满 没错 |
[1:13:44] | Want me to notify Special Branch? | 要我通知政治保安处吗 |
[1:13:46] | Yeah, I think you’d better. | 最好去吧 |
[1:13:47] | Wait, wait, wait, Special Branch? | 等等 政治保安处 |
[1:13:49] | Yeah, we can hand him over to them, by all means, | 我们当然可以把他交给他们 |
[1:13:51] | but he still has two murders | 但他还要交待两起凶杀 |
[1:13:53] | and a wounded boy to answer for. | 和一个男孩受伤的事 |
[1:13:56] | It’s us that should arrest him, not Special branch. | 应该是我们去逮捕他 不是政治保安处 |
[1:14:04] | Is Professor Richmond in his rooms? | 里士满教授在办公室吗 |
[1:14:06] | I couldn’t say, sir. | 我不知道 先生 |
[1:14:13] | Professor Richmond. | 里士满教授 |
[1:14:15] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[1:14:15] | This is my colleague, Detective Chief Inspector Thursday. | 我的同事 瑟斯戴高级督察 |
[1:14:17] | Oh, yes. | 好 |
[1:14:19] | Uh, this about that German, still? | 还是为了那个德国人吗 |
[1:14:20] | Karl Pfuscher, that’s right. | 卡尔·弗舍 没错 |
[1:14:22] | The man you recruited to the intelligence services | 他还是大学生时 被你招募 |
[1:14:24] | while he was an undergraduate. | 成为情报人员的那个 |
[1:14:26] | I heard the stories. | 我听说过这种传闻 |
[1:14:27] | We’ve had it confirmed. | 我们已得到了确认 |
[1:14:28] | By whom? | 谁确认的 |
[1:14:29] | Millie Bagshot. | 米莉·巴格肖特 |
[1:14:31] | Not like Millie to be, uh, so indiscreet. | 米莉不该这么不谨慎 |
[1:14:35] | Well, I may have done my little bit | 我可能在战前战后 |
[1:14:37] | before and just after the war, | 做过一些工作 |
[1:14:39] | but it was only spotting useful prospects. | 但不过是挖掘可用人才 |
[1:14:43] | No harm in that. | 没什么不好 |
[1:14:44] | There wouldn’t’ve been, if that’s all it was. | 如果仅此而已 那是没不好 |
[1:14:46] | But some years earlier, | 但几年前 |
[1:14:47] | you’d been recruited yourself, by the Soviets. | 你也被苏联招募了 |
[1:14:51] | Every undergrad that you recruited, | 你招募的所有学生 |
[1:14:53] | you sold out to the Russians. | 都被你出卖给了苏联人 |
[1:14:55] | There’s no point denying it to us. | 别对我们否认了 |
[1:14:57] | Special Branch are on their way. | 政治保安处就来 |
[1:14:58] | Now, we know you didn’t do it alone. | 我们知道你不是单独行事 |
[1:15:00] | Who else was in on it with you? | 还有谁跟你一起 |
[1:15:03] | If you’ll excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[1:15:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:15:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:15:44] | What’re you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[1:15:45] | There’s a body over at Dozier’s Newsagents, sir. | 道齐尔报刊店发现一具尸体 长官 |
[1:15:47] | Strange has already gone over there. | 斯特兰奇已经过去了 |
[1:15:49] | – Has anyone come past you? – No. | -有人经过你吗 -没有 |
[1:15:51] | Only the old bloke with a bowler and a brolly. | 除了那个戴礼帽拿伞的老头 |
[1:15:53] | Guard Richmond’s stairwell. | 守住里士满的楼梯 |
[1:15:55] | – No one out or in. – Sir. | -不许人进出 -是 长官 |
[1:16:00] | Mr. Mullion! | 马里恩先生 |
[1:16:02] | Mr. Mullion! | 马里恩先生 |
[1:16:05] | We need to you to call an ambulance for Professor Richmond. | 我们需要你为里士满教授叫辆救护车 |
[1:16:07] | He’s been shot in the shoulder. | 他被人打中了肩膀 |
[1:16:09] | The shoulder? | 肩膀 |
[1:16:10] | I’ll take that, if you don’t mind. | 给我吧 可以吗 |
[1:16:11] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[1:16:18] | Canny. | 真聪明 |
[1:16:22] | Single shot. | 一发子弹 |
[1:16:23] | All you need, if you know what you’re doing. | 只要下手有数 一发足矣 |
[1:16:26] | And, of course, you knew exactly what you were doing. | 当然了 你下手非常有数 |
[1:16:30] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[1:16:31] | I don’t doubt it. | 我毫不怀疑 |
[1:16:32] | The gentlemen are all well and good, | 绅士们是很好 |
[1:16:34] | but if you want something doing… | 但你想办成事 |
[1:16:37] | It’s the little people every time. | 总是得靠小人物 |
[1:16:39] | “The meek shall inherit the Earth,” that it? | “温柔的人必承受地土” 是吗 |
[1:16:39] | 《马太福音》5:5 非原文 | |
[1:16:41] | That’s right, sir. | 没错 先生 |
[1:16:42] | And you won’t even notice. | 你根本不会发现 |
[1:16:44] | That’s the thing about us. | 我们就是这样 |
[1:16:46] | Nobody pays us any attention because we don’t matter. | 没人注意我们 因为我们不重要 |
[1:16:50] | Alex was a good comrade, | 亚历克斯是位好同志 |
[1:16:52] | but he couldn’t be allowed to talk. | 但不能让他开口 |
[1:16:55] | He knew that. | 他也知道 |
[1:16:56] | He knew when he picked up that telephone. | 他接电话时就清楚自己的命运 |
[1:16:57] | Who are you trying to protect? | 你想保护谁 |
[1:17:00] | They’ll get it out of you. | 他们肯定能问出来 |
[1:17:03] | Expect they will, sir. | 或许吧 先生 |
[1:17:06] | In time. | 假以时日 |
[1:17:08] | But by then, it won’t matter. | 等到时 也无所谓了 |
[1:17:19] | Do svedaniya, tovarishch. | 再见了 同志[俄语] |
[1:17:24] | You finish up here. | 你在这里收尾 |
[1:17:25] | I’ll get over to Strange at the newsagent. | 我去报刊店找斯特兰奇 |
[1:17:28] | I saw that one coming. | 我早料到了 |
[1:17:30] | I tried to warn her. | 我还想提醒她 |
[1:17:31] | I’ll make sure the bastard gets what he deserves. | 我一定让那混蛋付出代价 |
[1:18:13] | Broken neck. | 脖子断了 |
[1:18:15] | What’s with the trousers? | 裤子怎么回事 |
[1:18:17] | Belt’s about halfway up the stairs. | 皮带在楼梯一半处 |
[1:18:21] | He’d taken it off for some reason. | 他不知为何解下了它 |
[1:18:29] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[1:18:30] | Parlor. | 客厅 |
[1:18:41] | No, no. You’re all right, don’t get up. | 不 没事 不用起来 |
[1:18:43] | You sit there. | 坐着吧 |
[1:18:49] | She said anything? | 她说什么了吗 |
[1:18:51] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 |
[1:18:59] | – I… – Wait a minute. | -我 -等等 |
[1:19:03] | You’ve had a shock. | 你受惊了 |
[1:19:07] | You don’t need to say anything. | 你什么都不用说 |
[1:19:10] | “Not obliged” is the formal words. | 这叫”沉默权” |
[1:19:13] | But then, I haven’t asked you anything yet. | 不过 我还没问什么呢 |
[1:19:17] | Do you mind? | 介意吗 |
[1:19:20] | I like the smell. | 我喜欢那味儿 |
[1:19:22] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[1:19:24] | My father used to enjoy a quiet pipe. | 我父亲以前就喜欢静静抽一口 |
[1:19:27] | After tea. | 吃完晚饭后 |
[1:19:33] | Outside, is it? Your necessary? | 你家厕所在外面吧 |
[1:19:36] | Up the yard. | 院子里 |
[1:19:38] | Yeah, thought as much. | 我猜到了 |
[1:19:39] | Same as when I was a boy. | 跟我小时候一样 |
[1:19:43] | Only then it was one for every eight houses. | 但当时是八栋房子共用 |
[1:19:47] | 20 families. | 20户家庭 |
[1:19:49] | Lodgers, callers. | 房客 访客 |
[1:19:51] | A soul was lucky to get a look in. | 能逮着机会上算走运了 |
[1:19:58] | See… | 你瞧 |
[1:20:02] | This is how it is, Elsie. | 情况是这样 艾茜 |
[1:20:04] | The way I read it. | 我是这么看 |
[1:20:06] | Joe gets taken short. | 乔突然想解手 |
[1:20:09] | “Martyr to his innards,” As he used to tell me. | 就像他说的 “被肚子牵着走” |
[1:20:12] | So he’s got taken short, | 他突然想解手 |
[1:20:15] | and in his rush to get downstairs, | 一边急着往楼下冲 |
[1:20:17] | he’s unfastens his belt, goes arse over tit. | 一边解开了皮带 结果摔了下去 |
[1:20:20] | You said yourself, | 你也说过 |
[1:20:22] | that lino at the top was worn through. | 顶层的地毯磨穿了 |
[1:20:27] | That sound about right to you? | 你觉得差不多是这样吧 |
[1:20:32] | Not how he’d like to have gone, I’m sure, | 他肯定也不希望是如此下场 |
[1:20:34] | but nobody gets to choose. | 但没人能选 |
[1:20:37] | Same with husbands and wives. | 就像结婚 |
[1:20:40] | Some get lucky. | 有些人走运 |
[1:20:42] | Some don’t. | 有些人不走运 |
[1:20:45] | But what happened was an accident. | 但这件事 是一起事故 |
[1:20:50] | You understand me? | 你明白吗 |
[1:21:09] | I thought this was Special Branch now. | 这不是政治保安处的案子了吗 |
[1:21:10] | It is, I’m just tying up loose ends. | 是的 我只是在收尾 |
[1:21:14] | Karl Pfuscher booked a second room, | 卡尔·弗舍以萨曼莎·史密斯的名字 |
[1:21:16] | under the name Samantha Smith. | 还订了另一个房间 |
[1:21:18] | I found it in the hotel guest list. | 我在旅馆宾客名单上发现了 |
[1:21:20] | So? | 那又如何 |
[1:21:21] | So Dr. Schneider thought | 施耐德博士以为 |
[1:21:23] | Samantha Smith was a girlfriend from Sebastopol Terrace, | 萨曼莎·史密斯是他住在塞巴斯特普台的女友 |
[1:21:26] | but the only connection he had to that place | 但他那个地方对他来说 |
[1:21:29] | was as a safe house. | 只是安全屋 |
[1:21:31] | Why would he book two rooms? | 他为何要订两个房间 |
[1:21:33] | Because he knew somebody was trying to kill him, | 因为他知道会有人想杀他 |
[1:21:35] | and he didn’t want whatever he knew to die with him. | 他不希望他知道的事随他埋葬 |
[1:21:38] | What he knew about what? | 他知道什么 |
[1:21:42] | It will be in here. | 肯定在这里 |
[1:21:45] | Not in his own room. | 不是在他自己房间里 |
[1:21:47] | But what? | 但是什么呢 |
[1:21:49] | Something that couldn’t be moved by the cleaners. | 清洁工不会清扫走的东西 |
[1:21:53] | “Earth has not anything to show more fair.” | “世间再无如此美景” |
[1:22:00] | “Composed upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802.” | 《威斯敏斯特桥上有感》1802年9月3日 |
[1:22:04] | Pfuscher had it bookmarked | 弗舍房间里的诗集 |
[1:22:06] | in his room with a picture of his girlfriend. | 用女友照片做书签夹在这页 |
[1:22:09] | 9302 “9302.” | |
[1:22:13] | He had a receipt for a picture in his personal effects. | 私人物品里还有一张画的收据 |
[1:22:16] | What time do you make it? | 你说现在几点 |
[1:22:18] | What? | 什么 |
[1:22:21] | Just gone ten– why? | 刚过10点 怎么了 |
[1:22:23] | The clock’s stopped. | 钟停了 |
[1:22:31] | Well done. | 好样的 |
[1:22:33] | What? | 什么 |
[1:22:33] | It’s not stopped. | 不是停了 |
[1:22:34] | It’s exactly the right time it is supposed to be. | 是有意调到了这个时间 |
[1:22:37] | The same time as Big Ben in the picture. | 跟画里的大本钟时间一致 |
[1:22:40] | Right, Operation News. | 好 新闻行动 |
[1:22:42] | That means there’s four of them. | 他们一共四人 |
[1:22:44] | Four of what? | 四个什么 |
[1:22:45] | Four agents in the cell. | 组织一共四名间谍 |
[1:22:47] | Richmond was obsessed with bridge. | 里士满痴迷于桥牌 |
[1:22:50] | It’s a game for four players, | 那是四人参加的牌局 |
[1:22:52] | each consisting of two pairs playing at partners, | 有两组同伴 |
[1:22:55] | sat at north, south, east, and west. | 分别坐在东南西北 |
[1:22:58] | N-s-e-w. | 北 南 东 西 |
[1:23:00] | Or in this case, N-E-W-S. | 换下首字母顺序就是… |
[1:23:03] | News. | 新闻 |
[1:23:10] | Right, so, if Richmond and Mullion are north and south, | 好 如果里士满和马里恩是北和南 |
[1:23:15] | who’s east and west? | 东和西是谁 |
[1:24:03] | Why would you do that? You’re not God. | 你为什么要这么做 你不是上帝 |
[1:24:05] | God was out– he left me in charge. | 上帝不在 让我负责了 |
[1:24:07] | And what about justice? | 那司法正义呢 |
[1:24:08] | Well, maybe that’s what Joe Dozier got. | 或许乔·道齐尔就是被天降正义了 |
[1:24:10] | What, rough justice? | 大致正义吗 |
[1:24:12] | – Natural justice. – And the law? | -是天道 -那法律呢 |
[1:24:14] | He’d’ve killed her. | 他早晚会害死她 |
[1:24:15] | No, you don’t know that. | 你不能确定 |
[1:24:16] | Yes, I do, and so do you. | 我确定 你也知道 |
[1:24:17] | Maybe, but it’s not your decision to make. | 或许吧 但那不是你该做的决定 |
[1:24:20] | This isn’t the way. | 不该这么办事 |
[1:24:21] | Well, it’s my way. | 我就这么办事 |
[1:24:22] | And I am too set in my ways to change now. | 我现在已经改不过来了 |
[1:24:26] | I’m calling time. | 我要到此为止了 |
[1:24:29] | Putting my papers in. | 提交辞呈 |
[1:24:33] | I wanted you to be the first. | 我想先告诉你 |
[1:24:35] | All this with the cloak-and-dagger mob? | 这些神神秘秘 |
[1:24:37] | It’s not my idea of coppering. | 根本不是我想做的警务工作 |
[1:24:39] | This is my bread and butter. | 这才是我的工作 |
[1:24:43] | Least I did this right. | 至少这事我没做错 |
[1:24:47] | Come, I’ll buy you a drink. | 走吧 我请你喝一杯 |
[1:24:52] | No, it’s, just, um… | 不了 |
[1:24:55] | I’ll just make sure she’s all right first. | 我要先确保她没事 |
[1:25:00] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:25:24] | That’s the last of us. | 我们都完事了 |
[1:25:30] | How long were you married for? | 你们结婚多久了 |
[1:25:31] | 36 years. | 36年 |
[1:25:34] | So that would have been, what, ’32? | 那么是1932年结的婚 |
[1:25:37] | ’31. | 1931年 |
[1:25:40] | Where did you meet? | 你们在哪相识 |
[1:25:41] | Soup kitchen. | 施粥场 |
[1:25:43] | The Depression. | 大萧条 |
[1:25:44] | Hard times. | 艰难时代 |
[1:25:46] | And when did you get the shop? | 你们什么时候开的店 |
[1:25:48] | A few years later. | 几年后 |
[1:25:50] | And would you and Mr. Dozier consider yourselves | 你和道齐尔先生自认为是 |
[1:25:53] | tobacconists or newsagents? | 烟草店还是报刊店 |
[1:25:59] | Oh, tobacconists. | 烟草店 |
[1:26:01] | Really? | 是吗 |
[1:26:04] | Not NEWS agents? | 不是新闻特工吗 |
[1:26:11] | They must have laughed about that one. | 他们肯定笑过这文字游戏多高明 |
[1:26:14] | No more dead drops and lonely park benches. | 不需要情报投递和公园长凳接头 |
[1:26:20] | Mullion would come in here every day and buy a paper, | 马里恩每天来卖报纸 |
[1:26:22] | pass across the latest, from Richmond to Moscow. | 把里士满的最新情报传递给莫斯科 |
[1:26:25] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[1:26:28] | Richmond’s dead. | 里士满死了 |
[1:26:31] | Special Branch have Mullion. | 马里恩被政治保安处带走了 |
[1:26:34] | Pfuscher came over with a microfilm. | 弗舍带了微缩胶卷来 |
[1:26:36] | Classified personnel files. | 机密人员档案 |
[1:26:39] | Communist Party cards. | 共产党证 |
[1:26:42] | Richmond’s name was on it. | 有里士满的名字 |
[1:26:43] | Mullion’s, yours, your late husband. | 还有马里恩 你 和你去世的丈夫 |
[1:26:50] | How long have you been a member of the party? | 你做党员多久了 |
[1:26:53] | Joe was already a member when I met him. | 我认识乔时 他已经是党员了 |
[1:26:57] | Local CP was the only place you could get a hot meal. | 只有本地党部有热饭吃 |
[1:27:00] | You came in with empty stomachs, and they fed you revolution. | 你空着肚子去 他们喂给你革命 |
[1:27:03] | You’ve no idea. | 你什么都不懂 |
[1:27:06] | You’ve never gone without. | 你没挨过饿 |
[1:27:09] | People were dying. | 人们都要死了 |
[1:27:11] | Families thrown out on the street, | 一个个家庭被赶到街上 |
[1:27:12] | ’cause they couldn’t pay their rent. | 因为他们交不起房租 |
[1:27:15] | Men and women doing for themselves and their kiddies, | 男人女人因为吃不起饭 |
[1:27:18] | on account of they couldn’t afford to feed ’em. | 带着孩子自杀 |
[1:27:21] | It wasn’t about revolution. | 才不是为了什么革命 |
[1:27:24] | Well, not at the start. | 至少起初不是 |
[1:27:26] | Well, then, what was it about? | 那是什么 |
[1:27:28] | Fairness. | 公平 |
[1:27:30] | An equal share. | 平等分享 |
[1:27:32] | CP did more for the likes of us | 共产党为我们这些人做的 |
[1:27:35] | than any rich bastard. | 远超过那些富人混蛋 |
[1:27:38] | Ruling class? | 统治阶级 |
[1:27:39] | Rule is right, | 的确是统治 |
[1:27:40] | and with an iron fist. | 铁腕统治 |
[1:27:43] | I remember Churchill turning the troops on the miners. | 我还记得丘吉尔动用军队镇压威尔士罢工矿工 |
[1:27:48] | We believed, me and Joe, in a better world. | 我和乔 我们相信一个更好的世界 |
[1:27:53] | But it didn’t come fast enough? | 但来得不够快吗 |
[1:27:59] | When did the violence start? | 他什么时候开始了家暴 |
[1:28:01] | With the drink. | 因为酗酒 |
[1:28:04] | A liability for a spy, I suppose. | 对间谍是个危险因素吧 |
[1:28:06] | He lost his way. | 他迷失了方向 |
[1:28:08] | But you didn’t. | 你没有 |
[1:28:08] | No. | 对 |
[1:28:10] | I still believe. | 我依然相信 |
[1:28:13] | Mullion said if you want something doing, | 马里恩说 如果你想办成事 |
[1:28:15] | you have to leave it to the little people. | 总是得靠小人物 |
[1:28:17] | Well, each according to their gifts. | 个人自有所长 |
[1:28:19] | Hmm, yeah, I don’t doubt it. | 这我不怀疑 |
[1:28:21] | You may have just have been a small cog in a big wheel, | 你或许是大机器里的小零件 |
[1:28:24] | but because of your actions, people died. | 但因为你的行为 有人死了 |
[1:28:29] | Innocent people, just like you. | 无辜者 跟你一样 |
[1:28:31] | Germans, Czechs, Russians. | 德国人 捷克人 苏联人 |
[1:28:34] | Who didn’t agree with your principles. | 不认同你原则的人 |
[1:28:37] | It’s war. | 这是战争 |
[1:28:38] | I’d do it again, without a second thought. | 我毫不后悔 绝不犹豫 |
[1:28:43] | Well, that’s why you’ll lose. | 所以你会输 |
[1:29:42] | Nurse. | 护士 |
[1:29:43] | Nurse! | 护士 |
[1:29:55] | I got you a pint. | 我给你叫了一杯 |
[1:29:55] | I can see– cheers. | 是啊 谢谢 |
[1:30:03] | What you were saying earlier. | 你之前说的 |
[1:30:06] | You’re not really thinking of… | 你不是真想… |
[1:30:07] | What, turning in the tin star? | 上交警徽吗 |
[1:30:10] | Hanging the Winchester over the fireplace? | 把枪挂在壁炉上 |
[1:30:13] | Win’d like me to. | 温希望我退 |
[1:30:16] | While I can still turn a turn or two around the floor. | 趁我还能跳得动舞 |
[1:30:20] | We’ve got a bit put by– not a lot, but enough. | 我们存了些钱 不多 但足够了 |
[1:30:24] | Sam’s in the army, Joan’s making her way. | 萨姆参军了 琼也独立生活了 |
[1:30:27] | I’d sooner she was settled, | 我更希望她安定下来 |
[1:30:28] | but I won’t hold my breath. | 但我不抱希望 |
[1:30:32] | I’ve had my go– it’s your time now. | 我的时代过去了 轮到你了 |
[1:30:36] | I’m not ready. | 我还没准备好 |
[1:30:37] | You’ve always been ready. | 你一直都准备好了 |
[1:30:40] | You just needed someone to tell you, is all. | 你只是需要个人来告诉你 |
[1:30:48] | When will you leave? | 你什么时候走 |
[1:30:50] | End of the year seems about right. | 年底差不多 |
[1:30:53] | See what’s what with the station. | 看看警局的情况 |
[1:30:54] | Get the new man in, whoever he might be. | 等新领导到来 |
[1:30:57] | New year, new leaf. | 新年新气象 |
[1:31:00] | Chin up. | 振作起来 |
[1:31:02] | These are the good days, the ones to look back on. | 现在是好时光 值得回味 |
[1:31:04] | You got some good mates. | 你有好朋友 |
[1:31:06] | Strange, Mr. Bright, | 斯特兰奇 布莱特先生 |
[1:31:08] | Fancy. | 范西 |
[1:31:10] | Trewlove’s promising. | 楚拉夫很有前途 |
[1:31:13] | A woman in C.I.D., imagine that. | 女人进入刑事调查部 想想看 |
[1:31:17] | Mm, imagine. | 说得是 |
[1:31:17] | Trust me, people come and go. | 相信我 人来来去去 |
[1:31:20] | Go, mostly. | 多是去 |
[1:31:21] | Slip away and go their own separate. | 转眼离开 各奔前程 |
[1:31:26] | You need to make the most of them while they’re here. | 你要趁他们在时多珍惜 |
[1:31:29] | That reminds me, Win’s expecting me. | 提醒我了 温还等着呢 |
[1:31:31] | We’re tripping the light this evening. | 我们今晚要练舞 |
[1:31:33] | Semis. | 为半决赛做准备 |
[1:31:34] | One for the road? | 喝一杯上路 |
[1:31:35] | Oh, I can’t. | 不能啊 |
[1:31:36] | No, of course. | 当然 |
[1:31:38] | Next time. | 下次吧 |
[1:31:43] | Take my advice, | 听我一句 |
[1:31:45] | you’ll get back to that girl of yours. | 你还能找回你那个女友 |