时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | And now, returning to competition after some years away, | 现在 有请时隔多年再次参赛 |
[00:13] | all the way from the Stuart Hargreaves Dance Studio | 从比斯特的斯图尔特·哈格雷夫斯舞蹈室 |
[00:16] | in Bicester, | 远道而来的 |
[00:17] | couple number seven, | 7号搭档 |
[00:18] | Frederick and Winifred Thursday. | 弗莱德里克和温妮弗雷德·瑟斯戴 |
[00:27] | Here’s looking at you. | 看看你啊 |
[00:45] | The motion before this house is, | 本场动议 |
[00:47] | “This House believes in an end to immigration | “协会认为 移民应当结束 |
[00:50] | and the repatriation of all settled immigrants | 所有已定居移民应被遣返 |
[00:54] | to their ancestral lands.” | 回到其祖先土地” |
[01:05] | This motion is not about the color of one’s skin. | 此项动议并非针对肤色 |
[01:10] | It is about national resources | 而是国家资源 |
[01:12] | stretched to breaking point | 已难以为继 |
[01:15] | by an influx of immigrants | 这是因为大量移民 |
[01:17] | to this green and pleasant land. | 涌入了这片绿色美好的土地 |
[01:32] | It is well to be careful | 我们需要小心 |
[01:33] | who we designate an immigrant. | 把谁认定为移民 |
[01:36] | The black man has been here a lot longer than the Angle, | 黑人在这里的历史要早于盎格鲁人 |
[01:39] | the Saxon, the Jute, | 萨克逊人 朱特人 |
[01:43] | the Norman, the Huguenot. | 诺曼人 胡格诺派教徒 |
[01:46] | Long before many of your forefathers | 早在你们的先祖 |
[01:47] | walked this green and pleasant land, | 踏上这片绿色美好的土地之前 |
[01:51] | it was the Nubian | 是努比亚人 |
[01:52] | who stood watch on Hadrian’s Wall. | 在哈德良长城上驻守 |
[01:54] | Now, the motion before this esteemed house | 向尊敬的协会提出的动议 |
[01:56] | calls for “All settled immigrants | 是”所有已定居移民 |
[01:58] | to return to their ancestral lands.” | 应被遣返回到其祖先土地” |
[02:01] | So, that being the case, I have to say… | 如果是这样 那我得说 |
[02:05] | “After you.” | “你先请” |
[02:42] | 喀布尔 蒙斯 索姆 杰布佳法隘口 梅杰兹平原 朗斯达山 滑铁卢 | |
[03:05] | The Regiment. | 敬军团 |
[03:06] | The Regiment. | 敬军团 |
[03:37] | White enough now, eh? | 够白了吧 |
[03:42] | She’s with me, she’s with me! | 她跟我一起的 |
[03:45] | That’s what you get. | 你活该 |
[03:47] | You are mad. | 你疯了 |
[03:49] | Do you want to get arrested? | 你想被捕吗 |
[03:50] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[03:51] | What am I going to do with you? | 我要拿你怎么办 |
[03:52] | What are you gonna do with me? | 你要拿我怎么办 |
[03:59] | Regional quarters, | 拿下了地区四分之一决赛 |
[04:01] | semifinals next, Fred. | 接下来就是半决赛了 弗莱德 |
[04:04] | Don’t put them there. | 别挂那里 |
[04:05] | I won’t put them there. | 那好吧 |
[04:07] | When’s that? | 那是什么时候 |
[04:10] | September. | 九月 |
[04:12] | And we’ll need to “look to” if we want to make the finals. | 如果我们想进入决赛可得好好花心思了 |
[04:15] | Well, it’s finding time. | 时间不好找啊 |
[04:16] | You’ll have time, won’t you? | 你肯定能抽出时间来 |
[04:19] | You’ve done your bit, Fred. | 你已经尽职了 弗莱德 |
[04:20] | And more. | 还不止 |
[04:22] | If anyone deserves a rest. | 如果说有谁该歇歇了 |
[05:38] | Right, right, left, right. | 一二一 一二一 |
[05:44] | Ah, Thursday. | 瑟斯戴 |
[05:47] | Sir. | 长官 |
[05:48] | As you were, as you were. | 稍息 |
[05:49] | I want three volunteers | 我需要三名志愿者 |
[05:50] | to escort a civilian party up to High Wood at 1100. | 11点送几个平民去高林地 |
[05:54] | They’re from some fashion magazine, I believe. | 是个什么时尚杂志的人 |
[05:56] | – I’ll do it, sir. – Very well. | -我去吧 长官 -那好 |
[05:58] | Pick two other men from your section. | 再选两个你们班的人 |
[06:00] | Carry on, Corporal Thursday. | 去吧 瑟斯戴一等兵 |
[06:04] | 廉姆·弗林 已故 已知同伙 埃迪·尼罗 | |
[06:04] | 克伦威尔·埃姆斯 有什么联系 毒品 枪支 酒精 | |
[06:17] | Anything? | 有新情况吗 |
[06:19] | All quiet on the Western. | 西线无战事 |
[06:21] | The word is out for Cromwell Ames | 从这里到伯明翰 所有地方 |
[06:22] | from here to Brum and all points else. | 都知道克伦威尔·埃姆斯了 |
[06:24] | Not a peep, | 但毫无发现 |
[06:25] | not a whisper. | 毫无消息 |
[06:26] | – What about Eddie Nero? – Lying low. | -那埃迪·尼罗呢 -很低调 |
[06:29] | If there is a turf war, it’s gone underground. | 如果真有地盘战 那也转入地下了 |
[06:31] | Lull before the storm, maybe? | 或许是暴风雨前的平静 |
[06:37] | Hey, what happened to you this morning? | 你今早去哪了 |
[06:39] | That’s the third day in a row | 已经是连续三天 |
[06:40] | Strange has brought me in. | 斯特兰奇去接我了 |
[06:41] | Oh, something come up. | 我临时有事 |
[06:43] | Everything all right, though, is it? | 你没什么事吧 |
[06:44] | Oh, yeah, fine. | 当然 |
[06:46] | Lunch? | 那午饭呢 |
[06:47] | I can’t today, I’ve got statements to take from this | 今天不行 我要给辩论协会外 |
[06:49] | fracas outside the debating society. | 发生的骚动事件录口供 |
[06:53] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[06:53] | Well, fair enough. | 也是 |
[07:07] | Corporal Thursday! | 瑟斯戴一等兵 |
[07:10] | What is that long-haired poof doing on my parade ground? | 那长发娘炮为什么来我的练兵场 |
[07:12] | He’s got a pass, sir. | 他有通行证 长官 |
[07:14] | What bloody pass? | 什么通行证 |
[07:16] | Oh, my eye! | 老天爷 |
[07:17] | Would you look at that? | 看看啊 |
[07:22] | At about 3:00 in the afternoon, | 大概下午3点 |
[07:24] | the right horn of the Zulu impi | 祖鲁战士右翼一支 |
[07:26] | debouched from a dry stream bed | 从干涸溪床冲出 |
[07:28] | west of Colonel Stewart’s position | 他们位于斯图尔特上校西边 |
[07:30] | and made a sustained attack upon the laager | 并对营地进行了持续约有 |
[07:33] | lasting the best part of an hour, | 一小时的进攻 |
[07:34] | before being repulsed | 然后在 |
[07:36] | by Lieutenant Burnaby’s bayonet charge. | 伯纳比中尉的刺刀下被击退 |
[07:42] | Your attention, gentlemen, | 先生们 请注意了 |
[07:44] | if you would. | 拜托 |
[07:45] | This is for your benefit. | 你们需要了解这些 |
[07:59] | Now, I’ve been given to understand | 我被告知 |
[08:01] | that some sort of private area would be desirable, | 你们需要一处私密的地方 |
[08:03] | to serve as a makeshift dressing room. | 做临时更衣室 |
[08:05] | Just somewhere for the girls to get changed, | 只需要有地方让姑娘们换衣服 |
[08:06] | and do their hair and make-up. | 并做发型和化妆 |
[08:07] | I believe H Three, | 我相信H3 |
[08:08] | one of the buildings we use for exercises, should suffice. | 我们的一栋演习大楼应该能满足要求 |
[08:11] | It’s fairly spartan, | 比较简陋 |
[08:12] | but the best we can do, I’m afraid. | 但我们条件毕竟有限 |
[08:14] | Well, I imagine you’re keen | 你们肯定急着 |
[08:16] | to get on with your picture taking. | 想开始照片拍摄 |
[08:18] | Cool. | 谢了 |
[08:20] | Come on, girls, not here, get back in. | 来吧 姑娘们 不是这里 回车上去 |
[08:23] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:27] | Yes, Jean, lovely. | 珍 很好 |
[08:31] | Great, all right. | 太棒了 好 |
[08:32] | Give me something more now. | 再投入点 |
[08:35] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[08:40] | Canny good skive is this Corps. | 还真是清闲差事 |
[08:42] | Stood watching tarts slip in and out their clobber. | 站在这里看骚娘们换衣服 |
[08:46] | So, gan on, | 说吧 |
[08:47] | which one do you fancy best? | 你最喜欢哪个 |
[08:49] | I’ve got my eye on that one on the tank. | 我看上坦克上那个了 |
[08:52] | Jean, her name is. | 她叫珍 |
[08:53] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[08:54] | She does that perfume ad, | 她拍过那个香水广告 |
[08:55] | what is it… Vespertine. | 叫什么…暮光香露 |
[08:57] | All right! What are you horrible lot staring at? | 好 你们几个臭小子看什么呢 |
[08:59] | You never seen a woman before? | 没见过女人吗 |
[09:01] | Oh, not like that, Color. | 没见过那样的 长官 |
[09:02] | Eyes front. | 目视前方 |
[09:03] | I know what your lot are like. | 我清楚你们这些人什么样 |
[09:05] | What are my lot like, Color? | 我们这些人什么样 长官 |
[09:07] | Just keep your dirty heathen mind above the equator, | 你肮脏的异教徒心思别打什么歪主意 |
[09:09] | or you’ll have my sticky end. | 否则我叫你好看 |
[09:11] | Beautiful. All right, Jean, that’s great, love. | 真美 好 珍 太棒了 |
[09:15] | Next change, please. | 换下一套 |
[09:16] | – Give her a hand? – Yep. | -帮她一下 -好 |
[09:19] | Howay. | 走 |
[09:22] | Do you always work with that photographer? | 你一直跟那个摄影师合作吗 |
[09:24] | Thankfully, not always. | 幸好 不总是 |
[09:27] | It must be interesting, seeing the world | 肯定很有趣吧 到处见识世界 |
[09:29] | and getting paid for it. | 还能以此赚钱 |
[09:30] | It’s no different to you. | 跟你没什么不同 |
[09:32] | Oh, we’re off to Germany in a couple of days. | 我们几天后就要去德国了 |
[09:34] | It’s the first time I’ve been out of the country. | 我第一次出国呢 |
[09:38] | Well. | 好啊 |
[09:40] | It’s all shooting, right? | 不都是开枪[拍摄]吗 |
[09:46] | You are sweet, soldier boy. | 你真是个好兵哥哥 |
[09:58] | No. | 不 |
[10:00] | I know what you want. | 我清楚你想要什么 |
[10:02] | But I’m spoken for. | 但我有主了 |
[10:16] | So, Mr. Hutchens. | 哈钦斯先生 |
[10:19] | You were part of this Reception Committee | 你是昨晚袭击了 |
[10:21] | that assaulted Lady Bayswater last night. | 贝斯沃特夫人的人之一 |
[10:24] | Her sort deserve all they get. | 她这种人活该 |
[10:26] | – Her sort? – She’s a fascist. | -她这种人 -她是个法西斯 |
[10:28] | Isn’t that just everybody who disagrees with you? | 所有跟你意见不同的人都是吧 |
[10:30] | Charity Mudford was interned in Holloway during the war | 查莱蒂·慕德福德曾在战时被拘禁在霍洛威监狱 |
[10:33] | under Defense Regulation 18B. | 依据是《国防法规》18B |
[10:36] | You’ve heard of her old man, presumably? | 你们知道她丈夫吧 |
[10:40] | The late viscount, the Lord Bayswater? | 过世子爵 贝斯沃特子爵 |
[10:42] | Leading light in the British Union of Fascists. | 英国法西斯联盟的领军人物 |
[10:46] | For Christ’s sake, Hitler danced at their wedding. | 老天爷啊 希特勒在他们的婚礼上跳了舞 |
[10:49] | I think she qualifies. | 她绝对算得上了 |
[10:52] | Yes, super. | 太好了 |
[10:56] | Okay, one more. | 再来一张 |
[10:59] | Think of Warren Beatty. | 想着影星沃伦·比蒂 |
[11:01] | Fabulous. | 太好了 |
[11:02] | Right, that’s us finishing. | 好 我们收工了 |
[11:03] | Very good, sir. | 那好 先生 |
[11:05] | – Got everything you need? – Yes, thanks. | -都拍好了吗 -是的 谢谢 |
[11:06] | Just pack up and be on our way. | 我们收拾好就走 |
[11:08] | Collier. | 考里尔 |
[11:14] | Well done, Jean, you were wonderful. | 好样的 珍 你太棒了 |
[11:16] | All right, come on Suki, make yourself useful. | 好 苏琪 别傻站着 |
[11:26] | Le flic. | 警察 |
[11:28] | Move, stupid, you’re in the sun. | 让让 傻瓜 你挡太阳了 |
[11:35] | Is that better? | 好点了吗 |
[11:40] | I got lunch. | 我带了午餐来 |
[11:48] | What have you been doing? | 你都做什么了 |
[11:49] | I told you, I got lunch. | 我说了 我准备了午餐 |
[11:51] | – What else? – Like what? | -还有呢 -比如什么 |
[11:53] | Like work? | 工作 |
[11:55] | Some story the Agency want me to cover. | 通讯社要我负责一篇报道 |
[11:57] | Some coiffeur. | 一个美发师 |
[11:59] | Oh, I though you didn’t do fashion. | 我以为你不做时尚报道呢 |
[12:01] | I don’t. | 对 |
[12:18] | Right, girls… | 好 姑娘们 |
[12:20] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[12:21] | Just a minute. | 稍等 |
[12:23] | Sorry, Corp. | 抱歉 一等兵 |
[12:24] | Call of nature. | 三急 |
[12:47] | Now what? | 又怎么了 |
[13:06] | – Everything all right? – Yes. | -没事吧 -嗯 |
[13:07] | Sorry, we’re just waiting on Jean. | 抱歉 我们在等珍 |
[13:09] | She forgot something. | 她落东西了 |
[13:10] | I said I’d pick her up here on the way out. | 我们说好出来时 在这里接她 |
[13:13] | Maybe she misunderstood and went back to the village. | 或许她理解错了 回了村子 |
[13:22] | Jean? | 珍 |
[13:24] | Jean! | 珍 |
[13:27] | Got something. | 有发现 |
[13:30] | Here! | 这里 |
[13:52] | Miss Ward? | 沃德小姐 |
[13:54] | Jean? | 珍 |
[14:16] | The body of a young woman | 一名年轻女子的尸体 |
[14:17] | has been discovered on Ministry of Defense land. | 在国防部领地内被发现 |
[14:20] | Details are thin, | 细节尚不清楚 |
[14:21] | but she appears to have been a civilian. | 但似乎是一位平民 |
[14:23] | Right, sir. | 好 长官 |
[14:24] | Whereabouts is this? | 这是哪的事 |
[14:25] | The army barracks up at High Wood. | 高林地的兵营 |
[14:30] | Your son’s there, isn’t he? | 你儿子就在那里 是吧 |
[14:32] | – Yes, sir. – In light of which, | -对 长官 -鉴于此 |
[14:34] | I think, given the potential delicacy of the situation, | 考虑到此事可能的敏感性 |
[14:40] | it would be best to confine your | 你在行动上的参与 |
[14:41] | operational involvement to a more managerial role | 最好更多限于管理 |
[14:45] | here at the station. | 在警局指挥 |
[14:47] | Of course, sir. | 当然 长官 |
[14:49] | Morse knows him, doesn’t he? | 摩斯认识他吧 |
[14:50] | Your son? | 你儿子 |
[14:52] | But he’s not family. | 但他不是亲属 |
[14:52] | I see no reason to keep him from the investigation. | 他没道理不参与调查 |
[14:56] | It will be all right, I’m sure. | 肯定会没事的 |
[15:29] | This is Murder Town, Chief Superintendent. | 这是谋杀镇 高级警司 |
[15:32] | It’s used by the regiment for exercises. | 是军团做演习用的 |
[15:34] | House-to-house fighting, sniping, | 逐户推进 狙击 |
[15:36] | that kind of thing. | 之类的 |
[15:37] | The police, Colonel. | 警方来了 上校 |
[15:42] | Colonel Champion, C.O. | 我是常佩恩上校 指挥官 |
[15:44] | My 2IC, Major Coward. | 我的副指挥 考沃德少校 |
[15:46] | Chief Superintendent Bright, Thames Valley. | 布莱特高级警司 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[15:47] | Detective Sergeants Strange and Morse, | 斯特兰奇和摩斯警长 |
[15:50] | and Detective Constable Fancy. | 以及范西警员 |
[15:52] | Now, obviously, this is your show, | 当然了 此事由你们主持 |
[15:54] | but please bear in mind this is still an operational barracks, | 但请记住 这里仍是有驻军的兵营 |
[15:56] | for the next 48 hours at least. | 至少接下来48小时里还是 |
[15:58] | 48 hours? | 48小时 |
[16:00] | We’re readying for deployment. | 我们在准备调派 |
[16:01] | In two days we leave for Germany, | 两天后 我们就要去德国了 |
[16:03] | and the regiment as many of us have known | 而我们很多人所熟知 |
[16:05] | and loved it will cease to exist. | 热爱的军团将不复存在 |
[16:07] | Now, there are live-firing areas | 营区内有实弹射击场 |
[16:09] | and final exercises still in progress, | 还有仍在进行的最后演习 |
[16:11] | so your men should not wander unattended. | 你的手下可不要乱闯 |
[16:13] | Understood. | 知道了 |
[16:14] | Excellent, shall we? | 太好了 我们走吧 |
[16:18] | Now the girl’s body was found in H5, | 姑娘的尸体是在H5被发现 |
[16:21] | the building just down here. | 就在这边 |
[16:34] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[16:35] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[16:37] | Do we have a name for her? | 知道她的姓名了吗 |
[16:39] | Jean Ward, according to the photographer. | 珍·沃德 摄影师说的 |
[16:42] | Died within the last four hours. | 死亡时间不到4小时 |
[16:44] | So far as I can tell, | 据我观察 |
[16:46] | we have a single stab wound through the back. | 背后中了一刀 |
[16:48] | Most likely penetrated the heart. | 很可能刺穿了心脏 |
[16:51] | No sign she attempted to defend herself. | 并无迹象表明她曾企图自卫 |
[16:54] | Taken unawares, then? | 那就是被偷袭了 |
[16:56] | What had she lost? | 她落下什么了 |
[16:57] | Did she say? | 她说了吗 |
[16:58] | A purse. | 钱包 |
[17:00] | I found it in the woods. | 我在林子里找到了 |
[17:01] | Whereupon I split the search party | 于是我便让搜索队分头找 |
[17:03] | to cover more ground, | 好覆盖更多地方 |
[17:04] | with orders to rendezvous here at 1630. | 并要求大家16:30回来汇合 |
[17:07] | – Well, we will need to speak to all of them. – Of course. | -我们需要跟他们所有人谈话 -当然 |
[17:09] | We’ve set aside one of the classrooms in the study block. | 我们已腾出了教学区的一间教室 |
[17:12] | Who found the body? | 是谁发现了尸体 |
[17:13] | Oh. That was Lance Corporal Thursday. | 是瑟斯戴一等兵 |
[17:34] | What’s all this about, Major Coward? | 这怎么回事 考沃德少校 |
[17:36] | Police. | 警察 |
[17:37] | What are they doing on the base? | 他们为什么会来基地 |
[17:39] | Policing. | 做警务 |
[17:42] | Left, right, left, right… | 一二一 一二一 |
[17:46] | What happened to you last night? | 你昨晚去哪了 |
[17:48] | You never came home. | 你没回家 |
[17:50] | This Frenchie piece, is it? | 是那个法国小妞吧 |
[17:52] | What’s her line, then? | 她干什么的 |
[17:54] | Photojournalist. | 摄影记者 |
[17:56] | – Figures. – How’s that? | -猜到了 -怎么说 |
[17:58] | Well, let’s face it, with you, | 承认吧 就你 |
[17:59] | it was never going to be Doreen from the corner shop, was it? | 总不会找街角小店的普通店员 |
[18:02] | Bit of all right, is she? | 她还挺好吗 |
[18:04] | Yeah, I suppose. | 挺好吧 |
[18:05] | It’s just a girl. | 就是个姑娘 |
[18:06] | Just a girl? | 就是个姑娘 |
[18:07] | Ought to leave some for the rest of us. | 给我们其他人留点机会啊 |
[18:09] | Claudine? | 克劳汀 |
[18:11] | That blondie one? | 那个金发女孩 |
[18:12] | Way you’ve been filling your dance-card lately, | 看你近来这忙活劲儿 |
[18:14] | you’d think rationing was coming in. | 还以为是要定量配给了 |
[18:15] | She’s good company. | 她是很好的陪伴 |
[18:18] | So. | 那么 |
[18:19] | How’re we gonna run this without the old man? | 没有老爷子在我们怎么做 |
[18:21] | You’re senior. | 你资质更老 |
[18:22] | Who would you like to see first? | 你想先见谁 |
[18:29] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[18:43] | It looks to be a cap badge. | 似乎是帽徽 |
[18:46] | One of the squaddies, then, sir? | 是哪个二等兵吗 长官 |
[18:51] | After we split up, I came down to the washhouse. | 分头找后 我去了厕所 |
[18:55] | I thought maybe she might’ve had to use the ladies’. | 我想着 她或许去厕所了 |
[18:58] | I called for her, but there was nobody there. | 我喊了她 但那里没人 |
[19:01] | So I made my way back to Murder Town. | 我就回了谋杀镇 |
[19:07] | I worked my way back to the tank park, | 我从坦克场往回走 |
[19:09] | thought we could’ve missed her in the woods. | 想着或许是在林子里跟她错开了 |
[19:11] | They’re big enough, like. | 毕竟那里很大 |
[19:14] | She could’ve gone down to her original rendezvous. | 她可能是回了原本约定的地点 |
[19:17] | – But I didn’t see anything. – Right. | -但我什么都没看到 -好 |
[19:19] | I don’t know what else I can tell you. | 我也不知道我还能说什么 |
[19:21] | I should’ve been watching her. | 我本应该看好她 |
[19:22] | You haven’t got eyes in your arse. | 你身后又没长眼睛 |
[19:24] | All right, that’ll be it for now. | 好了 就这样吧 |
[19:26] | Do you want to whistle up an escort? | 你去叫人来护送他 |
[19:28] | Maybe you could? | 你可以去吗 |
[19:32] | Two minutes. | 两分钟 |
[19:40] | Right, so if there’s anything you’ve left out, | 好 如果你还有什么没说 |
[19:42] | now will be the time. | 现在赶紧说吧 |
[19:43] | She was in my care. | 她是我负责照顾的人 |
[19:46] | – If I’d done my job… – Sam, | -我要是尽到了职责 -萨姆 |
[19:47] | things happen. | 坏事难免 |
[19:49] | The only person responsible for this is whoever did it. | 唯一该负责的人 就是凶手 |
[19:51] | You’ve been around Dad too long; it’s rubbing off. | 你跟爸爸处了太久 被他影响了 |
[19:57] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:00] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[20:02] | Well, how do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[20:04] | Any messages for them? | 要给他们带口信吗 |
[20:05] | Just tell them I’m all right. | 就告诉他们我很好 |
[20:06] | If that’s allowed. | 如果可以的话 |
[20:08] | And Joanie, if you see her. | 还有琼 如果你看到她的话 |
[20:18] | Well, there’s not much more | 天快黑了 |
[20:19] | we can do with the light that’s left. | 我们也做不了太多了 |
[20:21] | We’ll have a full team out first thing. Fingertip search. | 明天一早就派足人手过来 仔细搜索 |
[20:24] | Sergeant Major Davies? | 戴维斯军士长 |
[20:25] | I need this area secured until 0430. | 4:30前 这里要戒严 |
[20:28] | Nobody in or out without my authorization. | 没有我的许可 任何人不得进出 |
[20:31] | Very good, sir. | 好 长官 |
[20:34] | And had you photographed her before? | 你以前给她拍过照吗 |
[20:37] | A few times over the years. | 这些年来有几次吧 |
[20:39] | Actually, I got her started. | 其实 是我帮她出了道 |
[20:41] | We did a campaign for the Egg Marketing Board. | 我们为鸡蛋营销部拍了一组广告 |
[20:44] | She was the soft boiled girl. | 她是溏心蛋女孩 |
[20:47] | Your relationship | 但你们的关系 |
[20:49] | was purely professional though? | 是完全专业的吗 |
[20:52] | We saw each other at parties, | 我们会在派对 |
[20:54] | gallery openings, things like that. | 画廊开幕 那种场合碰到 |
[20:57] | What DS Morse is asking is, | 摩斯警长的意思是 |
[20:58] | were you knocking her off? | 你们在上床吗 |
[21:00] | No, no. | 没有 |
[21:02] | I mean… not lately. | 最近没了 |
[21:05] | We had a brief number, but strictly casual. | 我们有过很短的一段 就是玩玩 |
[21:07] | What was she like… | 她是什么样的人 |
[21:09] | in her personality? | 个性方面 |
[21:11] | Nice. | 很和善 |
[21:13] | Crazy. | 疯狂 |
[21:14] | Mixed up, I suppose. | 挺迷乱的吧 |
[21:15] | About what? | 为什么事 |
[21:17] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[21:19] | What about boyfriends? | 男友呢 |
[21:20] | She’d a few, but nobody serious. | 她有过几个 但没有认真谈的 |
[21:23] | Any connection to Oxford? | 跟牛津有什么联系吗 |
[21:25] | Her stepmother has a place out this way, I believe. | 她继母好像在这里有房子 |
[21:27] | Stepmother? | 继母 |
[21:28] | It’s not something she liked to talk about. | 她不喜欢说这个 |
[21:30] | I mean, | 毕竟 |
[21:31] | Jean Ward was just her working name. | 珍·沃德只是她的艺名 |
[21:34] | She was the Right Honorable Moira Creighton-Ward. | 她是尊敬的莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德 |
[21:41] | The daughter of Lord Bayswater and his first wife. | 贝斯沃特子爵和第一任妻子的女儿 |
[21:44] | Charity Mudford is her stepmother. | 她继母是查莱蒂·慕德福德 |
[22:05] | Drummer Hawkins. | 鼓手霍金斯 |
[22:07] | The boy that saved the colors at Mboto Gorge. | 在安博塔峡谷拯救了大军的男孩 |
[22:10] | That’s his actual drum. | 那就是他当年用的鼓 |
[22:12] | Victoria Cross. | 维多利亚十字勋章 |
[22:13] | Posthumous. | 死后封的 |
[22:16] | His parents’ pride, I’m sure. | 肯定让他父母骄傲 |
[22:18] | Well, the regiment’s, certainly. | 至少让军团骄傲 |
[22:20] | You’re with the police? | 你是警察吗 |
[22:22] | Yes, Detective Sergeant Morse, Thames Valley. | 是的 摩斯警长 泰晤士河谷警局 |
[22:25] | Dr. Laidlaw. | 雷德劳博士 |
[22:26] | On secondment from Lonsdale. | 朗斯代尔借调来的 |
[22:28] | I lecture on military history. | 我做军事历史讲座 |
[22:29] | I’m also writing a history of the regiment. | 我还在撰写军团历史 |
[22:32] | Is there any news? | 有什么消息吗 |
[22:34] | I’m afraid I’m not at liberty to say. | 我恐怕不能说 |
[22:36] | But I’m sure you’ll hear about it soon enough. | 但我相信你很快就会听说了 |
[22:46] | Her stepmother’s Lady Bayswater. | 她继母是贝斯沃特夫人 |
[22:50] | Charity Mudford? | 查莱蒂·慕德福德吗 |
[22:53] | I saw her at the debating society yesterday. | 我昨天在辩论协会看见她了 |
[22:56] | What do you make to her? | 你怎么看她 |
[23:00] | Well, she’s got guts, I’ll give her that. | 我至少能说她胆子挺大 |
[23:02] | When you know everyone in the room | 当你知道一屋子的人 |
[23:03] | would like to have seen you hanged, | 都希望你被绞死 |
[23:05] | it takes a certain amount of sangfroid to smile back. | 还能报以微笑 那可需要足够沉着 |
[23:08] | Or just a brass neck. | 或是够厚颜无耻 |
[23:10] | It’s a wonder she can show her face at all. | 她居然还有脸来 |
[23:11] | Well, she seems pretty unrepentant. | 她似乎毫不后悔 |
[23:13] | Defiant, even. | 甚至挑衅 |
[23:16] | Did Hitler really dance at their wedding, do you think? | 希特勒真去她婚礼上跳舞了吗 |
[23:18] | Unlikely. | 不太可能 |
[23:20] | But they did stop off at Berchtesgaden | 但他们度蜜月回来时 |
[23:20] | 德国城市 建有希特勒的高山庄园 | |
[23:22] | for a few days on their way back from their honeymoon. | 曾在贝希特斯加登短暂停留 |
[23:25] | Why did she come back to England? | 她为何要回英国来 |
[23:26] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[23:28] | Maybe we all come home in the end. | 或许人都会落叶归根 |
[23:34] | Did you see Sam? | 你看见萨姆了吗 |
[23:39] | He’s going to be fine. | 他不会有事的 |
[23:41] | He’s in the clear. | 他没嫌疑[安全] |
[23:43] | Comes to the army, nobody’s ever in the clear. | 在军队里 没有人是安全的 |
[23:46] | Only the dead. | 除了死人 |
[23:56] | He’s got you now, Johnny. | 他制住你了 约翰尼 |
[23:58] | Says you, Mungo, says you. | 那是你说的 蒙戈 |
[24:00] | But yon’s a canny bugger, he always has been. | 但约翰一向非常狡猾 |
[24:02] | See, Mungo, I do have a natural advantage. | 你瞧 蒙戈 我还有个天生优势 |
[24:05] | And what might that be, Colonel? | 什么优势 上校 |
[24:07] | Billiards is a game for gentleman. | 台球是一项绅士运动 |
[24:12] | There’s fighting talk, make no mistake. | 这可是战斗宣言 |
[24:19] | What did I tell you? | 我说什么来着 |
[24:22] | Never trust a bloody Englishman. | 绝不要相信英格兰人 |
[24:27] | Not too late tonight, Mungo, eh? | 今晚别玩太晚 蒙戈 |
[24:30] | Heavy day tomorrow, | 明天还有很多事 |
[24:32] | what with this girl on top of all. | 再加上这姑娘的事 |
[24:34] | Right you are, Johnny. | 好 约翰尼 |
[24:39] | Night, Mac. | 晚安 麦克 |
[24:41] | Johnny. | 约翰尼 |
[24:43] | You’ll take a dram for the road? | 喝一杯上路啊 |
[24:45] | I’m done, Mac. | 我不喝了 麦克 |
[24:47] | You’re poor company, Mungo. | 你真不是个好酒伴 蒙戈 |
[24:49] | Very poor. | 太不好了 |
[24:50] | You never used to be such a dull companion. | 你以前可没这么无聊 |
[24:55] | Well, go if you’re going. | 你要走就走吧 |
[24:59] | Prisoner and escort, is that it? | 囚犯和护卫吗 |
[25:02] | Go to your bed, man. | 回去睡觉吧 |
[25:04] | You’ve not the tits for a wet-nurse. | 你不是干奶妈的料 |
[25:08] | I’m for a turn round the square. | 我要去广场上转一圈 |
[25:13] | Get some air. | 呼吸呼吸空气 |
[25:22] | Did you see him? | 你见到他了吗 |
[25:26] | No. | 没有 |
[25:29] | No, it has to be played by the book. | 没有 必须按规矩来 |
[25:31] | How d’you mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:33] | Mr. Bright wants me to | 布莱特先生要我 |
[25:35] | take a back seat, seeing as it’s family. | 在后方指挥 毕竟是家人 |
[25:38] | But Morse saw him. | 但摩斯见到他了 |
[25:39] | Said he’s doing all right. | 说他挺好的 |
[25:42] | I should let Joan know. | 我该去告诉琼 |
[25:43] | Oh, there’s no point in worrying her without cause. | 不用没必要地让她担心 |
[25:48] | It won’t be anything to do with Sam. | 肯定不会跟萨姆有任何关系 |
[26:09] | Single stab wound. | 一处刀伤 |
[26:11] | From behind. | 背后进入 |
[26:12] | Through the intercostal region | 穿透第四和 |
[26:14] | between the fourth and fifth rib. | 第五根肋骨之间 |
[26:17] | Pierced the posterior heart. | 从后面穿透心脏 |
[26:19] | Penetrated to a depth of six-and-a-quarter inches, | 刺入6.25英寸深 |
[26:23] | but there’s no impression | 但伤口处的皮肤上 |
[26:25] | of a guard on the skin about the wound, | 并无刀柄的印记 |
[26:28] | so it’s unlikely it was driven all the way in. | 所以应该是没完全插进去 |
[26:31] | A bayonet? | 会是刺刀吗 |
[26:32] | That’s certainly possible. | 是可能 |
[26:33] | But there’s nothing else? | 但没别的了吗 |
[26:34] | No funny business or… | 没什么不道德的… |
[26:37] | There doesn’t appear to be a sexual element, no. | 似乎并无性因素 |
[26:40] | But these bottles of Dexedrine and Seconal | 但她手提包里发现了迪西卷 |
[26:43] | were in her handbag. | 和速可眠 |
[26:44] | Non-lethal quantities of both in her bloodstream. | 她的血液里并未检出两者的致死剂量 |
[26:48] | De rigeur in the modeling business, I believe. | 似乎是模特界的常规操作 |
[26:51] | Amphetamines for weight loss. | 苯丙胺用于减肥 |
[26:54] | And the barbiturates? | 巴比土酸盐呢 |
[26:55] | Take the edge off the day. | 消除紧张 |
[26:57] | Cumulative effect is to leave one numb. | 积累起来 会使人麻木 |
[27:00] | To what? | 对什么 |
[27:01] | Life. | 对生活 |
[27:14] | Where’s your other beret, Private Oswald? | 你的另一顶贝雷帽呢 奥斯瓦德二等兵 |
[27:16] | I don’t know, sir. | 我不知道 长官 |
[27:17] | When did you see it last? | 你最后见到是什么时候 |
[27:18] | I can’t remember, sir. | 我不记得了 长官 |
[27:20] | Up at High Wood, I think. | 应该是在高林地 |
[27:21] | We’re searching the area this morning. | 我们今早要去那里搜查 |
[27:23] | If it’s up there, we’ll find it. | 如果在那里 我们就能找到 |
[27:37] | Lost your cap badge, Corporal. | 帽徽不见了 一等兵 |
[27:39] | Yes, sir. | 对 长官 |
[27:40] | Couple of days ago. | 两天前了 |
[27:42] | I was going to put in a chitty to the QM, | 我本打算向军需官申请 |
[27:44] | but with the deployment, it slipped my mind. | 但因为调派的事 我就忘了 |
[28:16] | To what do I owe the pleasure? | 有何贵干 |
[28:21] | I’m afraid I have some very bad news. | 我恐怕有坏消息 |
[28:23] | It concerns your stepdaughter, Moira Creighton-Ward. | 事关你的继女 莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德 |
[28:29] | Ah, I see. | 这样啊 |
[28:32] | Drugs, is it? | 毒品吗 |
[28:34] | She does have a problem. | 她是有这问题 |
[28:36] | No, madam. | 不是 夫人 |
[28:38] | Suicide, then? | 那是自杀吗 |
[28:40] | Why would you think that? | 您为什么会这么想 |
[28:41] | Well, she’d attempted it before. | 她以前试过 |
[28:44] | It’s how her mother went. | 她母亲就这么死的 |
[28:45] | No, madam, she was murdered. | 不 夫人 她是被谋杀了 |
[28:49] | How? | 怎么会 |
[28:50] | She was stabbed. | 她被捅死了 |
[28:55] | When did you last see her? | 您最后见她是什么时候 |
[28:59] | Oh, uh, not for some years. | 好多年没见了 |
[29:01] | Things had never been very good between us, | 我们从来就不怎么和睦 |
[29:04] | but she kept up a pretense of civility | 但她会为了她父亲 |
[29:06] | for her father’s sake. | 假装礼貌 |
[29:07] | But after Paddy died, I, I didn’t really hear from her. | 但帕蒂死后 我就跟她失去了联络 |
[29:12] | What was she like? | 她什么样 |
[29:14] | Oh, quite mad. | 挺疯癫的 |
[29:16] | Like her mother. | 就像她母亲 |
[29:17] | She ran up huge debts, Bixby’s club, | 她债台高筑 比克斯比的赌场 |
[29:21] | Berkeley Square, | 伯克利广场 |
[29:22] | expected her father to cover them, | 还指望她父亲替她付钱 |
[29:24] | which he did. | 他也确实付了 |
[29:26] | And what about men? | 那男人呢 |
[29:27] | Did she have a boyfriend? | 她有男友吗 |
[29:29] | Oh, yes. | 有 |
[29:31] | Yes, she’d been engaged. | 她还订过婚 |
[29:33] | In the manner of the public convenience at Victoria Station. | 但那就像维多利亚车站的公共厕所 |
[29:37] | Often, and for short periods. | 人来人往 从不长久 |
[29:40] | It was all attention seeking. | 都是为了博取关注 |
[29:42] | She’d pick up with some wholly unsuitable prospect | 她会跟完全不合适的人 |
[29:45] | for a couple of months, and then drop him. | 纠缠几个月 然后就甩了他 |
[29:48] | Unsuitable in what way? | 怎么不合适了 |
[29:50] | Non-U types. | 不入流的 |
[29:52] | Jews, blacks, Americans. | 犹太人 黑人 美国人 |
[29:55] | Anything to annoy her father. | 只为让她父亲生气 |
[29:58] | And you, presumably. | 也让您生气吧 |
[29:59] | I could hardly care less what she did. | 我才不在乎她做什么 |
[30:04] | But I knew | 但我早知道 |
[30:06] | if she carried on, in this way, | 如果她老这么下去 |
[30:09] | she’d come to a bad end. | 肯定不会有好结果 |
[30:12] | Right, general search, | 好 常规搜索 |
[30:15] | moving line abreast through the wood. | 并排穿过林地 |
[30:16] | You’re to be on the lookout in particular for an army beret, | 尤其要留意一顶军队贝雷帽 |
[30:19] | like this, | 就像这个 |
[30:20] | either with or without a cap badge. | 可能有 也可能没有帽徽 |
[30:23] | Right? | 好吗 |
[30:24] | About your business. | 去吧 |
[30:28] | – Keep an eye. – Of course. | -盯着点 -好 |
[30:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[30:35] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[30:38] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[30:40] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[30:42] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[31:03] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[31:04] | Matey. | 伙计 |
[31:05] | How’d the postmortem go? | 尸检怎么样 |
[31:07] | Single stab wound. | 一处刀伤 |
[31:08] | Bayonet, possibly. | 可能是刺刀 |
[31:10] | There’s a quantity of uppers and downers in her system, | 她体内有一定量的兴奋剂和安眠药 |
[31:11] | which is par for the course in the circles in which she moved, | 据德布林医生说 这是她那个圈子的 |
[31:14] | according to Dr. DeBryn. | 常规操作 |
[31:15] | You? | 你们呢 |
[31:17] | We’ve a Private Oswald. | 奥斯瓦德二等兵 |
[31:18] | Says he lost his beret up here yesterday. | 说他昨天把贝雷帽丢在这里了 |
[31:21] | Right. | 好吧 |
[31:22] | So if we find it, and it doesn’t have a cap badge? | 如果我们找到它 发现帽徽不见了 |
[31:24] | Sam Thursday’s lost a cap badge too. | 萨姆·瑟斯戴的帽徽也丢了 |
[31:29] | You! In the bloody field! | 你 野地上的 |
[31:31] | Yes, you! | 就是你 |
[31:32] | Stand still! Don’t move! | 别动 一动别动 |
[31:34] | What is it? What is wrong? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[31:35] | He’s in a minefield. | 他走进了地雷区 |
[31:36] | He’s what? | 什么 |
[31:38] | Fancy, stay still! | 范西 别动 |
[31:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:41] | Stay completely still! | 一动别动 |
[31:42] | A soldier will come and fetch you. | 会有士兵过去接你 |
[31:48] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[31:51] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[31:54] | You can’t call me a racialist, | 你不能说我是种族主义者 |
[31:56] | not by any stretch of the imagination. | 这太荒谬了 |
[31:58] | I went to see Sammy Davis Jr. in Golden Boy | 我三个月前还去了伦敦帕拉丁剧院 |
[32:01] | at the Palladium only three months back. | 看黑人歌手小萨米·戴维斯的《黄金男孩》 |
[32:02] | So I think that speaks volumes. | 我觉得这很能说明问题 |
[32:05] | Then why not take the sign down? | 那为何不拿掉牌子 |
[32:06] | If it were up to me, I would. | 如果我能决定 我会的 |
[32:08] | It’s your salon, Mrs. Radowicz. | 这是你的沙龙 拉多维奇太太 |
[32:10] | It’s not as if I have anything against them personally. | 我个人对他们又没什么看法 |
[32:13] | I don’t. | 我真没有 |
[32:15] | I’ve always gone out of my way to treat them like equals. | 我一直努力地平等对待他们 |
[32:18] | It’s my customers. | 是我的客人 |
[32:20] | They won’t have it. | 她们不乐意 |
[32:22] | What is it they don’t like? | 她们不满意哪点 |
[32:24] | Towels, for one. | 首先是毛巾 |
[32:26] | Towels? | 毛巾 |
[32:27] | They don’t like using the same towels. | 她们不喜欢跟他们共用毛巾 |
[32:31] | I’ve told them | 我都说了 |
[32:32] | all the towels are sent away for a boil wash, | 所有毛巾都会送去煮洗 |
[32:34] | but it cuts very little ice. | 但这没什么用 |
[32:37] | Then there’s the combs. | 还有梳子 |
[32:39] | I can’t send them away for a boil wash. | 那个又不能送去煮洗 |
[32:41] | Someone said I should buy a sterilizer, | 有人叫我买消毒器 |
[32:43] | but this is a hair salon, not an operating theater. | 但这里是美发厅 又不是手术室 |
[32:47] | Well, at least your customers | 至少您的客人 |
[32:49] | wouldn’t have to worry about curlers. | 不用担心卷发器[黑人自来卷] |
[32:51] | No. | 是啊 |
[32:52] | Every cloud. | 总有那一线光明嘛 |
[33:00] | It’s all right, you’re perfectly safe. | 没事 你很安全 |
[33:02] | Nothing to worry about. | 不必担心 |
[33:03] | Whatever you say. | 听你的 |
[33:04] | Just follow on behind Private Jones. | 跟着琼斯二等兵就好 |
[33:06] | Watch where he puts his feet, see you do the same. | 走他踩过的地方 |
[33:10] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[33:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:13] | What do you think you’re doing going out into the field? | 你为什么要跑到野地里去 |
[33:16] | Time and a place, matey. Give the lad a break. | 注意时间地点 伙计 让他喘口气吧 |
[33:18] | I thought I saw something. | 我好像看到了什么 |
[33:19] | What do you mean, you thought you saw something? | 什么意思 看到什么了 |
[33:20] | Out in the field. | 在野地里 |
[33:26] | That’s what I went in there for. | 我去拿这个了 |
[33:28] | There’s a name inside. | 里面有名字 |
[33:31] | It’s blood. | 是血迹 |
[33:44] | Right, so tell us when you last remember having your beret. | 据你回忆 最后见到你的贝雷帽是什么时候 |
[33:47] | I can’t say, sir. | 我说不好 长官 |
[33:48] | Yesterday afternoon, I reckon. | 昨天下午吧 |
[33:50] | Right. | 好 |
[33:52] | You were late for the transport back to the front gate. | 准备开车回前门时 你没按时回来 |
[33:55] | I, uh, got taken short | 我突然尿急 |
[33:57] | and went into the woods to relieve myself. | 就跑去了林子里解手 |
[34:00] | And did you have your beret then? | 那时贝雷帽还在吗 |
[34:02] | I don’t know, sir. It was hot. | 我不知道 长官 天挺热 |
[34:04] | We’d been moving stuff for the photographer, | 我们又为那摄影师搬这搬那 |
[34:07] | rails of clothes. | 他们的衣服 |
[34:09] | I must’ve stuck it in my pocket for a second. | 我肯定是塞兜里了 |
[34:11] | Maybe it came out of my pocket | 可能我回车上去时 |
[34:13] | on the way back to the vehicle. | 帽子掉出来了 |
[34:15] | With everything that went on, | 因为发生了那么多事 |
[34:16] | I didn’t miss it till later. | 我过后才发现没了 |
[34:18] | You didn’t see Miss Ward in the woods? | 你在林子里没看见沃德小姐吗 |
[34:20] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 |
[34:21] | – What about anybody else? – No, sir. | -那别人呢 -没有 长官 |
[34:24] | There was nobody out there that I saw. | 我没看到别人 |
[34:26] | You were part of the search party that went to look for her? | 你也参加了去找她的搜索队 |
[34:29] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[34:31] | Me and Corporal Thursday, | 我和瑟斯戴一等兵 |
[34:32] | Geordie, Sergeant Major Davies. And Mister Carmichael. | 乔迪 戴维斯军士长 卡尔迈克先生 |
[34:37] | – You didn’t see her then? – No, sir. | -你那时没看到她 -没 长官 |
[34:39] | It was Corporal Thursday that found her. | 是瑟斯戴一等兵发现了她 |
[34:41] | Eventually. | 那是最终 |
[34:43] | Maybe she had got lost, as everyone thought. | 或许她是像大家想的那样迷路了 |
[34:47] | – Maybe you found her first. – I didn’t. | -但你先发现了她 -我没有 |
[34:49] | You sure you didn’t try it on with her? | 你确定你没企图泡她吗 |
[34:51] | No, sir. | 没 长官 |
[34:52] | She wasn’t interested, maybe. That it? | 她不感兴趣 是吗 |
[34:54] | She scream? | 她叫了起来 |
[34:56] | Call out? | 大喊 |
[34:57] | Everyone out looking for her, | 大家都在找她 |
[34:58] | it wouldn’t take long before they found you. | 很快就会发现你 |
[35:00] | You had to shut her up. | 你只能让她闭嘴 |
[35:00] | No. | 不是的 |
[35:03] | It wasn’t like that. | 不是那样的 |
[35:03] | She give you the glad eye? | 她对你抛媚眼了吗 |
[35:05] | Lead you up the garden path, then change her mind? | 引你上钩 然后又突然变卦 |
[35:07] | – That how it was? – No. | -是吗 -不是的 |
[35:13] | It was just a kiss. | 只是一吻 |
[35:15] | Just a kiss. | 只是一吻 |
[35:16] | Where was this? | 在什么地方 |
[35:18] | In the woods. | 在林子里 |
[35:20] | When I went for a jimmy. | 我去解手的时候 |
[35:22] | She said she was trying to find Murder Town | 她说她想去谋杀镇 |
[35:24] | and had lost her way. | 但迷路了 |
[35:25] | We had a couple of words, | 我们说了一两句话 |
[35:27] | and I said I’d see her back | 我说我完事了 |
[35:28] | once I’d done my business. | 就送她回去 |
[35:30] | She gave me a peck, and then something spooked her. | 她就轻轻吻了我一下 然后她被什么吓到了 |
[35:34] | What was it, what spooked her? | 什么 是什么吓到了她 |
[35:36] | I don’t know, there was a noise, a twig cracking. | 我不知道 有个声响 树枝断裂的声音 |
[35:40] | But you couldn’t see anybody else there? | 但你并没看到人 |
[35:42] | No. | 没有 |
[35:43] | But she was keen to make the bus. | 但她急着回车上 |
[35:45] | I pointed her in the right direction. | 我就给她指了方向 |
[35:46] | She set off, I had a pee, and I made my way back. | 她走了 我撒了个尿就回去了 |
[35:49] | I swear, I never touched her. | 我发誓 我没碰她 |
[36:00] | Ossie? | 奥西 |
[36:01] | As you were, Corporal. | 别插手 一等兵 |
[36:02] | I didn’t do it, Corp. | 我没做 一等兵 |
[36:04] | You gotta tell ’em. | 你得告诉他们 |
[36:05] | Corp, I didn’t do it. | 一等兵 我没做 |
[36:15] | It’s a bad business, Johnny. | 这可不妙 约翰尼 |
[36:17] | It’s bad for morale on the eve of deployment. | 调派在即 这不利于士气 |
[36:20] | Well, maybe that’s a blessing, Jack. | 或许这正好 杰克 |
[36:22] | Germany. | 德国 |
[36:23] | The men’ll have more important things to worry about. | 他们还要考虑更要紧的事 |
[36:26] | More important than the honor of the regiment? | 比军团荣誉更重要吗 |
[36:28] | This time tomorrow, there won’t be a regiment, Mungo’s right. | 明天这时 军团就不存在了 蒙戈说得对 |
[36:31] | We’ll be out of here, and on our way. | 我们要离开了 |
[36:33] | A good soldier never looks back, Jack, you know that. | 好士兵不回头看 杰克 你清楚的 |
[36:36] | And the poor wee laddie with the police? | 被警察抓走的那个可怜虫呢 |
[36:39] | Private Oswald? | 奥斯瓦德二等兵 |
[36:42] | No man left behind, Johnny. | 不丢下战友 约翰尼 |
[36:48] | 专访: 社交宠儿 莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德的最新订婚 | |
[36:48] | 莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德 在王室夏季派对上魅力不凡 | |
[36:48] | 克雷顿-沃德被拍到 离开奥德维奇商场 | |
[36:48] | 名媛克雷顿-沃德被 哀悼母亲悲剧离世 | |
[36:48] | 克雷顿-沃德 疯狂月光派对 | |
[36:49] | So it’s his beret, no question. | 的确是他的贝雷帽 |
[36:52] | Without a cap badge and bloodied, | 没有帽徽 还沾了血 |
[36:55] | as if it’d been used to wipe the blade clean. | 就像是被用来擦过刀刃 |
[36:58] | But no sign of the weapon as yet? | 但尚未发现凶器 |
[37:00] | He’d have to be some kind of idiot | 他得是多傻 |
[37:01] | to tie himself to the crime like that. | 留下这样跟自己相关的罪证 |
[37:03] | Or he panicked. | 或是慌了 |
[37:04] | But say he’s telling the truth. | 但如果他说的是实话 |
[37:06] | Say he lost his beret in the woods, | 如果他是在林子里丢了贝雷帽 |
[37:08] | and somebody else picked it up. | 有人捡了起来呢 |
[37:10] | All rather fortuitous, wouldn’t you say? | 太巧合了吧 |
[37:12] | Perhaps, but it’s not impossible, sir. | 或许吧 但并非不可能 长官 |
[37:13] | Look, matey, I know it’s no locked-room mystery, | 伙计 我知道这不是密室谜团 |
[37:15] | but sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. | 但有时 最简单的答案就是正确的 |
[37:18] | What’ve you got against it being him? | 你有什么不是他的证明 |
[37:19] | Nothing, I’m just trying to keep an open mind. | 没有 我只是想保持开阔思路 |
[37:22] | It is the job, isn’t it? | 这是我们职责所在嘛 |
[37:23] | You don’t think Oswald did it? | 你觉得不是奥斯瓦德 |
[37:25] | Something spooked her in the woods. | 她在林子里被什么吓到了 |
[37:26] | If you’re taking Oswald’s word for it. | 如果你相信奥斯瓦德的话 |
[37:28] | Of course he’s going to say that. | 他当然要那么说 |
[37:29] | He’s got nothing else, has he? | 他没别的招了 |
[37:30] | But what if somebody else was there? | 但如果林子里真的还有别人呢 |
[37:31] | – Who? – I don’t know. | -谁 -我不知道 |
[37:33] | But someone that she knew, or knew her. | 但是她认识 或认识她的人 |
[37:35] | Or recognized her at least. | 或是至少认得她 |
[37:36] | – From where? – Pin-up, wasn’t she? | -怎么认识的 -她不是拍海报的吗 |
[37:38] | A model. | 模特 |
[37:39] | Well, maybe someone saw her in the papers? | 会不会是有人在报上见过她 |
[37:41] | She’d have been pretty hard to miss. | 应该没法不注意她 |
[37:43] | Outside of her work, | 除了工作 |
[37:43] | she was well known in society circles, | 她还是上流社会的名人 |
[37:45] | and always in the gossip columns. | 而且总出现在八卦专栏 |
[37:46] | If anyone on that base knew her, | 如果基地有人认识她 |
[37:48] | it’s far more likely to have been someone of her own class. | 更可能是跟她属于一个阶级的人 |
[37:51] | An officer, then. | 那么是军官咯 |
[37:52] | That was the base. | 基地打来的 |
[37:53] | There’s been a development. | 有新进展 |
[38:00] | Right, left, right, left… | 一二一 一二一 |
[38:15] | This was found where? | 是在哪发现的 |
[38:17] | Stuffed down a drain in the washhouse. | 塞在洗衣房一条下水道里了 |
[38:19] | Shortly after 1400, by a cleaning party. | 清洁组14点刚过时发现的 |
[38:22] | Which consisted of whom? | 都有谁 |
[38:25] | Lance Corporal Thursday and Private Collier. | 瑟斯戴一等兵和考里尔二等兵 |
[38:29] | Um, right, and who has access to the washhouse, generally? | 好吧 一般都谁能进入洗衣房 |
[38:32] | Well, it’s designated for the use of other ranks, | 虽然是给普通士兵使用的 |
[38:34] | but anyone on the base could stop off there. | 但基地任何人都可能进去 |
[38:36] | And could anyone have been there | 拍摄期间 |
[38:37] | during this photographic shoot? | 会有人去过那里吗 |
[38:39] | Unlikely. | 不太可能 |
[38:41] | Most of the base is down here at HQ, | 基地大部分人都在总部 |
[38:42] | preparing for deployment. | 为调派做准备 |
[38:44] | Where is it in relation to Murder Town? | 它距离谋杀镇多远 |
[38:47] | Uh, ten-, 15-minute walk. | 走要10到15分钟吧 |
[38:49] | A seven-minute run. | 跑的话7分钟 |
[38:51] | You have to pass it on the way back | 从高林地回兵营 |
[38:53] | from High Wood to barracks. | 必须路过那里 |
[38:54] | Right. | 好 |
[38:55] | Well, we’ll take a run out there later. | 那我们稍后去看看 |
[38:57] | But first, I’d like to speak to this cleaning party. | 但首先 我要跟清洁组谈谈 |
[39:03] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:04] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:07] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:09] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:11] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:13] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:15] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:17] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[39:21] | Heads up! | 注意了 |
[39:26] | As you were. | 稍息 |
[39:28] | Private Collier, | 考里尔二等兵 |
[39:29] | I understand it was you who found the bayonet. | 是你发现了刺刀 |
[39:31] | Yes, Colonel. | 是 上校 |
[39:33] | The water wouldn’t drain away, so Sam and me… | 水流不下去 我和萨姆 |
[39:35] | Lance Corporal Thursday, Colonel– | 是瑟斯戴一等兵 上校 |
[39:37] | we got the grate up. | 我们就掀开了格栅 |
[39:39] | I had a rummage, like, and there it was. | 我摸了摸 就发现了它 |
[39:41] | Any questions? | 有什么问题吗 |
[39:42] | Did either of you come by the washhouse | 沃德小姐失踪的下午 |
[39:43] | the afternoon Miss Ward went missing? | 你俩有谁去过洗衣房吗 |
[39:45] | Private Oswald did, sir, aye. | 奥斯瓦德二等兵去过 长官 |
[39:48] | Only to see if the girl had gone there, mind. | 只是去看那姑娘是不是去那里了 |
[39:50] | Me and Ossie split up, sir, | 我和奥西分头找了 长官 |
[39:51] | while the Thursday was away fetching Lt. Carmichael. | 瑟斯戴去找卡尔迈克少尉了 |
[39:54] | I stopped by the washhouse too. | 我也去过洗衣房 |
[39:56] | On my way to raise the alarm, just in case. | 回去报信的路上 以防她在那里 |
[39:58] | Did you see anybody? | 你看到人了吗 |
[40:01] | No. | 没有 |
[40:02] | I gave the place a quick shufti | 我就在那里看了一下 |
[40:03] | and then made my way back to base. | 然后就回基地了 |
[40:10] | Any of them could have put it there. | 可能是他们任何人放的 |
[40:12] | Including Private Oswald. | 包括奥斯瓦德二等兵 |
[40:16] | He’s admitted to snogging her in the woods, | 他承认了在林子里亲了她 |
[40:18] | maybe that’s as much as he can admit to himself. | 或许他不敢承认更多了 |
[40:21] | It’s Oswald’s beret we’ve found covered in blood. | 我们发现沾着血的也是奥斯瓦德的贝雷帽 |
[40:24] | If it turns out this bayonet’s got his dabs on it…? | 如果刺刀上有他的指纹 |
[40:26] | If. | 如果 |
[40:28] | Short of a signed confession, what more do you want? | 除了签字招认 你还想要什么 |
[40:30] | You can’t win ’em all, matey. | 你不可能每次都对 伙计 |
[40:33] | Look, there’s only two people missing cap badges, | 一共就两个人丢了帽徽 |
[40:37] | and one of ’em’s Sam Thursday. | 其中一个是萨姆·瑟斯戴 |
[40:38] | There’s no way it was him. | 不可能是他吧 |
[40:40] | You didn’t think he was a bit cagey? | 你不觉得他有点躲闪吗 |
[40:42] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[40:44] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[40:46] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[40:48] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[40:53] | The sign on this door | 门上的这块牌子 |
[40:57] | says, “No Coloureds”! | “有色人种禁入” |
[40:59] | This is the language | 这种话就是 |
[41:01] | of segregation. | 种族隔离 |
[41:03] | – Yes! – Of apartheid. | -对 -种族隔离制度 |
[41:04] | It is bigotry. | 是偏见 |
[41:06] | Now the world knows what happens | 世界已经知道 当一群人 |
[41:08] | when one group of human beings | 认定另一群人 |
[41:10] | decides another group is something less. | 为劣等时 会发生什么 |
[41:13] | But make no mistake, my brothers and sisters, | 别搞错了 我的兄弟姐妹们 |
[41:18] | the road that starts with exclusion | 从排他出发的道路 |
[41:22] | ends at the crematorium. | 通向焚尸炉 |
[41:38] | I’ve asked around if anybody from the barracks | 我到处问是否有兵营的人 |
[41:40] | has been out to the washhouse. | 去过洗衣房 |
[41:42] | They’re not putting their hands up to it. | 他们可没举手承认 |
[41:44] | Right. | 好吧 |
[41:45] | Strange’s just finishing up with the C.O. | 斯特兰奇在跟指挥官收尾 |
[41:48] | What’s all that? | 那些是什么 |
[41:50] | It’s everything I could find on Moira Creighton-Ward | 我在新闻档案里找到的所有关于 |
[41:51] | from the press archive. | 莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德的报道 |
[41:53] | Seems a lot of palaver to go through | 为了丢弃凶器 |
[41:55] | to get rid of it. | 这么麻烦 |
[41:57] | If it is the murder weapon, | 如果它真是凶器 |
[41:59] | then why not just bury it in the woods? | 何不埋在林子里 |
[42:02] | Be the devil’s own job to find it out there, | 想在那里找到根本不可能 |
[42:04] | even with a mine-detector. | 哪怕是拿着地雷探测器 |
[42:06] | Place must be alive with shrapnel and spent rounds. | 那里肯定满是弹片和弹壳 |
[42:11] | I said it seems a daft place | 我说把凶器 |
[42:13] | to hide a murder weapon. | 藏在那里好傻 |
[42:15] | The washhouse. | 洗衣房 |
[42:18] | Unless whoever put it there wanted it to be found. | 除非放在那里的人 就希望它被找到 |
[42:22] | – That’s interesting. – What? | -有意思 -怎么了 |
[42:24] | Lady Bayswater said her step-daughter was engaged | 贝斯沃特夫人形容她继女的订婚 |
[42:26] | “Often, and for short periods.” | “人来人往 从不长久” |
[42:28] | Look, “Announcements.” | 看”宣告” |
[42:37] | Hello. | 你好 |
[42:40] | Detective Sergeant Morse, isn’t it? | 摩斯警长 是吧 |
[42:42] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[42:43] | Dr. Laidlaw, this is Detective Sergeant Strange. | 雷德劳博士 这是斯特兰奇警长 |
[42:45] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[42:47] | Toy soldiers, Doctor? | 玩具兵 博士 |
[42:49] | Wargaming. | 是战争博弈 |
[42:50] | It’s instructive for officers to replay famous battles. | 让军官们重演著名战役有教育意义 |
[42:53] | I’m sure. | 当然了 |
[42:55] | What’s today? | 今天是什么 |
[42:56] | The Battle of Cannae. | 坎尼会战 |
[42:57] | Second Punic War. | 第二次布匿克战争 |
[42:59] | Are you familiar? | 你熟悉吗 |
[43:01] | He will be, I expect. | 他应该知道 |
[43:04] | It’s just a treat. | 就是让大家乐乐 |
[43:05] | The regiment moving out. | 军团要走了 |
[43:07] | All feels rather end of term. | 感觉就像期末 |
[43:10] | We wanted to talk to you | 我们想问问你 |
[43:11] | about the girl that was killed here. | 那个死在这里的女孩的事 |
[43:15] | I understood you arrested one of the privates for it. | 我知道你们逮捕了一个二等兵 |
[43:17] | He’s helping us with our inquiries. | 他在协助我们的调查 |
[43:21] | I’m not sure what I can tell you. | 我不知道我还能说什么 |
[43:22] | I didn’t see her. | 我没看到她 |
[43:24] | Was Jean something, wasn’t it? | 叫珍什么的吧 |
[43:26] | No, no, her name was Moira Creighton-Ward. | 不不 她叫莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德 |
[43:29] | I believe you were engaged to be married. | 你们曾订过婚吧 |
[43:33] | Ten years ago. | 十年前了 |
[43:37] | Wait a minute, you’re… | 等一下 |
[43:38] | You’re saying the girl up at High Wood, | 你是说 高林地的那个女孩 |
[43:39] | That was… that was Moira? | 那是莫伊拉吗 |
[43:43] | Good God. | 老天爷 |
[43:48] | When did you see her last? | 你最后见她是什么时候 |
[43:52] | Oh, not since she quit her degree. | 自她辍学就没再见过了 |
[43:54] | You never wondered what happened to her? | 你就没想过她后来怎么了吗 |
[43:56] | It was one mad term. | 那就是一个疯狂的学期 |
[43:58] | We were very young. | 我们都还很年轻 |
[44:00] | In any case, it would never have worked out. | 而且 我们本来也不会修成正果 |
[44:02] | Why, why not? | 为什么 怎么说 |
[44:04] | Oh, I suppose because I was always a rather dull academic, | 因为我本就是个无聊的学者 |
[44:06] | and Moira was… wild. | 而莫伊拉很…狂野 |
[44:10] | Where were you between 4:00 and 6:00 yesterday afternoon? | 你昨天下午4点到6点间人在哪 |
[44:15] | I was here. | 我在这里 |
[44:17] | Trying to complete my regimental history | 在完成军团历史的编纂 |
[44:19] | in order to present it to the C.O. | 我想在明天的降旗仪式上 |
[44:20] | at the flag lowering ceremony tomorrow. | 把它呈给指挥官 |
[44:24] | Anyone vouch for your whereabouts? | 有人能为你的所在做证明吗 |
[44:27] | I saw Col. McDuff in the Officers’ Mess | 我大概5点在军官食堂见到了 |
[44:29] | at around 5:00. | 麦克达夫中校 |
[44:32] | Look. | 听着 |
[44:33] | Really. | 真的 |
[44:34] | I am very happily married with two children of my own. | 我现在婚姻美满 还有两个孩子 |
[44:37] | So you see, if I’d married Moira, | 如果我娶了莫伊拉 |
[44:39] | I would never have met my wife. | 就不可能认识我妻子 |
[44:42] | You can’t hold onto people. | 你不能对人念念不忘 |
[44:54] | All done? | 没事了吗 |
[44:55] | For now. | 暂时吧 |
[44:57] | I want to get this bayonet back | 我要把刺刀拿回去 |
[44:58] | so forensics can take a look at it. | 让鉴证查查 |
[45:00] | Have another word with Private Oswald, | 再跟奥斯瓦德二等兵谈谈 |
[45:01] | see what he’s got to say about it. | 看他要怎么说 |
[45:03] | Right, well, I’ll take one last look around here. | 我再在这里最后看一次 |
[45:04] | See if this Colonel McDuff can confirm Laidlaw’s alibi. | 看麦克达夫中校是否能证实雷德劳的不在场证明 |
[45:07] | I’ll see you back at the station. | 回警局见 |
[45:12] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[45:14] | I thought you had your man. | 我以为你们抓到人了 |
[45:17] | No, he’s not been charged yet. | 不 他还没被起诉呢 |
[45:18] | So what’s this? | 那这是在干什么 |
[45:19] | You’re still looking for proof? | 找证据吗 |
[45:21] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[45:22] | You? | 你呢 |
[45:25] | What was it you didn’t tell me, Sam? | 你有什么没告诉我 萨姆 |
[45:28] | She kissed me. | 她吻了我 |
[45:29] | When I walked her back to Murder Town. | 我送她回谋杀镇的时候 |
[45:35] | Just a kiss or… something else? | 就只有一吻吗 还是有别的 |
[45:38] | Just a kiss. But it was my fault. | 只有一吻 但都怪我 |
[45:40] | I should’ve been watching her. | 我本该看好她 |
[45:42] | And now Ossie’s in the frame. | 现在奥西背锅了 |
[45:45] | He didn’t do it, Morse. | 不是他干的 摩斯 |
[45:46] | Right. | 好 |
[45:48] | Whatever happened, I’ll get to the bottom of it. | 不管发生了什么 我都会查清 |
[45:51] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[46:00] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[46:02] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[46:04] | Integration for the nation! | 民族融合 振兴国家 |
[46:07] | Stop her. | 拦住她 |
[49:01] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[49:01] | You’d better come, sir. | 您快来 长官 |
[49:07] | I found this bastard creeping about behind the lines. | 我发现这混蛋在后院鬼鬼祟祟 |
[49:10] | Easy, Jack, easy. | 别激动 杰克 |
[49:11] | There’s a good chap. | 行了 |
[49:13] | He’s one of ours. | 他是我们的人 |
[49:15] | One of ours? | 我们的人 |
[49:17] | He disnae know the password. | 他不知道口令 |
[49:19] | Colonel McDuff! | 麦克达夫中校 |
[49:23] | You will release the prisoner into my charge, unharmed. | 马上把囚犯交给我 不要伤害他 |
[49:27] | That’s an order! | 这是命令 |
[49:30] | Colonel. | 是 上校 |
[49:31] | Your dagger, Jack. | 匕首给我 杰克 |
[49:34] | Jack! | 杰克 |
[49:41] | Major Coward, escort Colonel McDuff to his quarters. | 考沃德少校 护送麦克达夫中校回房 |
[49:44] | Yes, Colonel. | 是 上校 |
[49:45] | Come on, Jack. | 走吧 杰克 |
[49:55] | If you’ve ever wondered what a hero looks like, | 如果你曾思索过英雄是什么样 |
[49:58] | you just met one. | 那你刚刚见到了一个 |
[50:02] | Colonel McDuff is the bravest man I ever saw. | 麦克达夫中校是我见过最勇敢的人 |
[50:07] | What’s the matter with him? | 他是怎么了 |
[50:11] | Korea. | 朝鲜 |
[50:12] | Imjin River. | 临津江 |
[50:15] | 4,000 of ours against 27,000 of theirs. | 我们四千人对阵他们两万七千人 |
[50:18] | It’s a night action, | 夜间行动 |
[50:20] | Close quarters, wave after wave. | 短兵相接 一波接一波 |
[50:23] | A third of the battalion were killed or wounded, | 全营三分之一死伤 |
[50:25] | including Mad Jack McDuff, who took a mortar round. | 包括疯杰克·麦克达夫 他被迫击炮击中了 |
[50:32] | When the order came to fall back, | 撤退命令下达时 |
[50:35] | he stayed behind. | 他留下了 |
[50:37] | Give the rest of us a chance. | 给了我们其他人一线生机 |
[50:39] | Then two years in a Chinese prison camp. | 之后在中国战俘营待了两年 |
[50:42] | If he drinks too much and sleeps with the light on, | 如果他喝多了 或是睡觉不关灯 |
[50:45] | then so be it. | 那又如何 |
[50:46] | He’s earned the right. | 他赢得了这个权利 |
[50:47] | – Yeah, but all the same. – No, Sergeant Morse. | -但不论如何 -不 摩斯警长 |
[50:49] | There’s no “all the same” about it. | 没什么”不论如何”可言 |
[50:52] | The regiment takes care of its own. | 军团会照顾自己人 |
[51:00] | *Dool for the order sent our lads to the Border* | *一道军令把战士送往边疆* |
[51:11] | *The English for ance by guile won the day* | *英国靠谋略赢得了战役* |
[51:22] | *The Flowers of the Forest* | *森林之花* |
[51:28] | *That fought aye the foremost* | *为战而开* |
[51:36] | *The prime of our land…* | *美丽的土地* |
[51:46] | All right, Bennett, get yourself a brew. | 好了 贝内特 去泡杯茶吧 |
[51:47] | I’ll take it from here. | 这里交给我了 |
[51:49] | Sir. | 是 长官 |
[51:55] | Well. | 好啊 |
[51:57] | First things first. | 首先 |
[51:59] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[52:01] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[52:07] | Division are looking for scalps. | 警部想要人头 |
[52:09] | They want to make an example. | 杀鸡儆猴 |
[52:12] | Everyone there’s going to be charged. | 在场的每个人都会被起诉 |
[52:13] | No one meant for it to get out of hand. | 没人想让事态失控 |
[52:15] | Nobody ever does. | 一向如此 |
[52:17] | Then the next thing is to get you out of here. | 接下来 就是让你离开这里 |
[52:19] | Aren’t you going to charge me? | 你不打算起诉我吗 |
[52:20] | I was there. | 我也在场 |
[52:21] | No. | 不 |
[52:22] | You weren’t. | 你不在场 |
[52:24] | And you haven’t been here, neither. | 你也没来过这里 |
[52:26] | I’ve given my name and address. | 我都说出姓名和住址了 |
[52:28] | You let me worry about that. | 这你交给我吧 |
[52:34] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[52:57] | All right? | 你还好吗 |
[52:59] | I couldn’t see you before. I… | 我之前不能来见你 |
[53:01] | I wanted to, | 我也想 |
[53:02] | but it had to be by the book, | 但必须按规矩来 |
[53:03] | being family. | 因为我是亲属 |
[53:05] | Your mum’s been worried half out of her mind. | 你妈妈都担心坏了 |
[53:08] | They arrested Ossie Oswald. | 他们逮捕了奥西·奥斯瓦德 |
[53:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[53:11] | He didn’t do it, Dad. | 不是他干的 爸爸 |
[53:13] | Well, it was him or you, Sam. | 不是他就是你 萨姆 |
[53:14] | And I know it wasn’t you. | 我知道不是你 |
[53:16] | Ossie’s a good bloke. | 奥西是个好人 |
[53:18] | You want to know how many good blokes I’ve nicked? | 你想知道我抓过多少”好人”吗 |
[53:21] | Good or bad don’t come into it. | 这跟好坏无关 |
[53:23] | We just follow the evidence. | 我们只跟随证据 |
[53:24] | He’s in my section. | 他是我们班的 |
[53:26] | I know him. | 我了解他 |
[53:28] | If you won’t do anything about it, I will. | 如果你不想点什么办法 我会去想 |
[53:30] | No. You’re gonna keep your head down, your nose clean, | 不 你要低头做人 别去惹事 |
[53:32] | and in a couple of days, | 再过两天 |
[53:33] | you’re going to ship over to Germany | 你就要出发去德国 |
[53:34] | and leave all this behind. | 把这一切抛在脑后 |
[53:36] | I’m not a kid anymore, Dad. | 我不是个孩子了 爸爸 |
[53:37] | – I know that. – You know… | -我知道 -你知道 |
[53:41] | when I was at school, | 我上学的时候 |
[53:42] | I used to get it in the playground, | 会在操场上被人喊 |
[53:44] | ACAB A.C.A.B. | |
[53:47] | All Coppers Are Bastards. | 警察都是混蛋 |
[53:50] | “Not my dad,” I’d say. | 我会说 “我爸才不是” |
[53:52] | “He’s one of the good ones.” | “他是好人” |
[53:54] | Times I’d get a thumping. | 有时我会因此被打 |
[53:57] | You never said. | 你从没说过 |
[53:58] | No. | 是啊 |
[54:00] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[54:02] | Because I was frightened of what you might do to them. | 因为我怕你会对他们做什么 |
[54:07] | Give Mum my love. | 代我向妈妈问好 |
[54:08] | – Sam… – One of the good ones. | -萨姆 -是个好人 |
[54:11] | I really believed that. | 我真这么认为 |
[54:13] | Are you one of the good ones? | 你是好人吗 |
[54:32] | Thanks for the lift, there was no need. | 谢谢你送我 你不用这么麻烦 |
[54:37] | Maybe we should go for a drink. | 或许我们该去喝一杯 |
[54:40] | You know, when you’re feeling up for it. | 如果你想去的话 |
[54:44] | You’re persistent, aren’t you? | 你还真是坚持不懈 |
[54:46] | Faint heart never won fair lady. | 懦弱难得美人心 |
[54:50] | You don’t even know me. | 你都不了解我 |
[54:51] | I’d love to, though. | 我很想了解你 |
[54:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[54:57] | What? | 什么 |
[54:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[54:59] | – Cold feet? – No. | -怕了 -没有 |
[55:00] | No, no, no, no, | 没有 |
[55:01] | just surprised, is all. | 就是意外 |
[55:05] | I’d take advantage if I were you. | 你可得好好利用机会 |
[55:08] | Oh, Shirl. | 雪莉 |
[55:11] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[55:12] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[55:17] | I’ll see you at work. | 警局见了 |
[55:20] | Sure. | 好 |
[55:34] | Sam’s out of the firing line. | 萨姆不会有事了 |
[55:36] | He’s off the hook, you don’t have to worry. | 他已经没嫌疑了 你不用担心了 |
[55:40] | I knew he’d be right. | 我就知道他不会有事 |
[55:42] | He’s a good boy. | 他是个好孩子 |
[55:44] | Not a boy anymore. | 不是孩子了 |
[55:46] | He’s a man now, his own man. | 他是个大人了 有主意了 |
[55:50] | He’s got responsibilities. | 他有责任了 |
[55:52] | You’d be proud of him. | 你肯定会为他骄傲 |
[55:53] | Oh, I’m always proud of him. | 我一向为他骄傲 |
[55:55] | They grow up so quick. | 他们长大得好快 |
[55:58] | One day the biggest decision in the world | 前一天 最重要的决定 |
[55:59] | is wafer or cornet, and the next, it’s… | 还是早餐吃什么 转眼间 |
[56:02] | life or death. | 就成了生死 |
[56:05] | Shame we can’t all get together for a nice tea, | 真可惜我们不能一起喝杯茶 |
[56:07] | you know, all four of us, | 我们四个人 |
[56:09] | before he goes off to Germany. | 在他去德国之前 |
[56:11] | Well, there’s plenty of time for that when he gets back. | 等他回来有的是时间 |
[56:13] | Nine months? | 九个月呢 |
[56:15] | You could always get the coach down there, see him. | 你完全可以坐车过去看他 |
[56:19] | All that way? | 那么远 |
[56:20] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[56:21] | Else fly. | 要么就飞过去 |
[56:23] | What would I want with flying? | 我怎么会想飞 |
[56:26] | And anyway, what do you mean “you could”? | 而且什么叫”你可以” |
[56:29] | You mean “we could.” | 是”我们可以” |
[56:30] | It’s not as if you shan’t have time. | 你又不会没时间 |
[56:32] | What about work? | 那工作呢 |
[56:35] | What about it? | 工作怎么了 |
[56:36] | You’ll have done with it by then. | 你到时该退下来了 |
[56:43] | You’re not changing your mind, are you? | 你不是要改主意了吧 |
[56:46] | No, no, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[56:48] | Morse’ll be all right, | 摩斯不会有事 |
[56:49] | If that’s what you’re fretting about. | 如果你在担心这个 |
[56:51] | Yeah, I know he will. | 我知道 |
[56:55] | This last go round, he’s doing well. | 这次的案子 他就表现得很不错 |
[57:00] | Well, then. | 那就行了 |
[57:01] | Remember what we said… | 记得我们怎么说的 |
[57:04] | …you only get one life. | 人生只有一回 |
[57:13] | Love and rain. | 爱和雨 |
[57:16] | How English. | 真英国 |
[57:20] | I don’t think we can claim it all for ourselves. | 我们不能自己独占吧 |
[57:24] | People have been doing this since there’s been people. | 从有人开始 人们就在这么做了 |
[57:27] | Before, even. | 甚至在那之前 |
[57:29] | Back when we were… whatever we were. | 在我们…谁知道是什么的时候 |
[57:34] | Quel philosophe. | 好个哲学家 |
[57:38] | They probably lay on branches, | 他们可能躺在树枝上 |
[57:41] | wrapped in each other’s arms, | 彼此拥抱 |
[57:43] | staring out at thunderheads breaking over the savannah. | 凝视着在大草原上爆开的雷暴云砧 |
[57:49] | Safe in that one, brief moment | 有那么片刻的安全 |
[57:54] | from the vast awfulness of it all. | 远离了一切的不好 |
[57:57] | If he was as gloomy as you, | 如果他像你一样阴郁 |
[57:59] | I hope she kicked him out of the tree. | 那我希望她把他踹下了树 |
[58:01] | Gloomy? | 阴郁 |
[58:02] | Yes, my God, some men… | 是啊 天啊 有些男人 |
[58:04] | – Some men? – …so gloomy after. | -有些男人 -事后好阴郁 |
[58:06] | Of course, that’s the part you hear. | 你当然就听到这个部分 |
[58:11] | Seriously, why do you do that? Like someone died. | 真的 你为什么要那样 像有人死了 |
[58:14] | In my case, someone usually has. | 就我而言 一般确实有人死了 |
[58:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[58:21] | They say you’re never so alive | 人说临近死亡时 |
[58:22] | as when you’re close to death. | 才最鲜活 |
[58:23] | Well, maybe the reverse is also true. | 或许反过来也是真的 |
[58:25] | Jesus, it’s just sex. | 天啊 只是性而已 |
[58:29] | It’s not love. | 不是爱 |
[58:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[58:38] | It’s good to be clear. | 说清楚就好 |
[58:45] | Just one day, you’ll be gone, right? | 有一天 你会离开 是吗 |
[58:49] | I suppose I’ll miss you, that’s all. | 我大概会想念你吧 |
[58:53] | We said no regrets. | 我们说好不会后悔 |
[58:56] | How French. | 好法国 |
[58:58] | Dégagé! | 走开 |
[59:09] | Again? | 再来吗 |
[59:11] | Oui. | 好 |
[59:30] | Left, right, left, right! | 一二一 一二一 |
[59:31] | Left, right, left, right. Left, right, left, right! | 一二一 一二一 |
[59:34] | Left, right, left, right. Left, right, left, right! | 一二一 一二一 |
[59:40] | Steady, halt! | 立定 |
[59:56] | Anything further on this soldier we’ve got in custody? | 我们羁押的这个士兵还有进展吗 |
[59:59] | Yes, sir. | 有 长官 |
[1:00:00] | Strange put it to him | 斯特兰奇告诉他 |
[1:00:01] | that we’ve recovered what looks to be the murder weapon. | 我们找到了疑似凶器 |
[1:00:05] | Rattled him, apparently. | 似乎吓到了他 |
[1:00:07] | Oh, in what way? | 怎么说 |
[1:00:08] | He went back on his original statement, | 他修改了原始口供 |
[1:00:10] | said that after the initial kiss, | 说最初那一吻后 |
[1:00:13] | she suddenly pulled away from him and gave him a slap. | 她突然推开了他 还扇了他一巴掌 |
[1:00:20] | Was there anything else, sir? | 还有别的事吗 长官 |
[1:00:22] | Actually there… there was one thing. | 其实 是有件事 |
[1:00:26] | I was talking to Mrs. Bright last night | 我昨晚跟布莱特太太谈起了 |
[1:00:28] | about Charity Mudford. | 查莱蒂·慕德福德 |
[1:00:30] | She told me she’d heard a rumor | 她说她听说过一个传闻 |
[1:00:32] | doing the rounds in Mayfair in the late ’30s | 那是她30年代在梅菲尔活动时听说的 |
[1:00:35] | Lord Bayswater | 贝斯沃特子爵 |
[1:00:37] | wasn’t Moira Creighton-Ward’s father at all. | 其实并非莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德的父亲 |
[1:00:49] | She say who was? | 她说谁是了吗 |
[1:00:52] | The gossip was some | 传言是 |
[1:00:54] | young officer in the South Oxfordshires. | 南牛津郡的一个年轻军官 |
[1:00:57] | I’d imagine Lady Bayswater might have an idea. | 贝斯沃特夫人可能知道吧 |
[1:01:01] | All come to her now, I suppose. | 看来都要归她了 |
[1:01:05] | What will? | 什么 |
[1:01:06] | The estate Moira inherited from her mother, | 莫伊拉自母亲那里继承来的遗产 |
[1:01:10] | the first Lady Bayswater. | 也就是第一任贝斯沃特夫人 |
[1:01:11] | She was the money, apparently. | 她据说出身富贵 |
[1:01:13] | No other living relatives. | 没有在世亲戚了 |
[1:01:14] | When probate goes through, | 等遗嘱认证完成 |
[1:01:17] | Charity Mudford will be a very rich widow indeed. | 查莱蒂·慕德福德就是个富豪寡妇了 |
[1:01:24] | Died between midnight and 2:00. | 午夜到凌晨2点间死亡 |
[1:01:26] | Single shot, | 一枪毙命 |
[1:01:28] | entering the head just beneath the orbit of the right eye | 子弹从右眼眼眶下进入 |
[1:01:32] | and exiting along the lambdoid suture. | 从人字缝射出 |
[1:01:36] | Nine millimeter. | 9毫米口径 |
[1:01:38] | Cartridge just there. | 弹壳在那里 |
[1:01:41] | Automatic pistol by the look of things. | 看来是自动手枪 |
[1:01:54] | Who found him? | 谁发现了他 |
[1:01:56] | Sergeant Major Davies | 戴维斯军士长 |
[1:01:57] | had what’s left of C Company out for a run first thing. | 他今天一早带剩下的C连出来晨跑 |
[1:02:00] | I’ve ordered an inventory of all sidearms on the base | 我已下令清点基地所有配枪了 |
[1:02:03] | to see if there are any unaccounted for. | 看是否有遗失 |
[1:02:05] | Is that likely? | 有可能吗 |
[1:02:07] | All firearms are kept securely | 所有武器都安全地 |
[1:02:08] | under lock and key in the armory, | 锁在军械库里 |
[1:02:10] | but any of us would have to | 如果需要取枪 |
[1:02:11] | sign for them in the guard room, | 得在卫兵室签字 |
[1:02:12] | and there’s been no withdrawal. | 而并没有人去取枪 |
[1:02:14] | At least not last night, in any event. | 至少昨晚没有 |
[1:02:17] | When, then? | 那什么时候有过 |
[1:02:18] | Two days ago. | 两天前 |
[1:02:19] | Colonel McDuff | 麦克达夫中校 |
[1:02:20] | withdrew a sidearm for a session on the target range. | 取枪去靶场练习了 |
[1:02:24] | A Browning L9A1. | 一把布朗宁L9A1 |
[1:02:26] | Nine millimeter? | 9毫米吗 |
[1:02:27] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:02:28] | And where is it now? | 枪现在在哪 |
[1:02:30] | It hasn’t yet been signed back in. | 尚未签回 |
[1:02:37] | It’ll be about this photographer laddie | 是为了死在谋杀镇的那个 |
[1:02:39] | up at Murder Town, would it? | 摄影师 对吗 |
[1:02:40] | More or less. | 差不多吧 |
[1:02:41] | I wanted to talk to you about Doctor Laidlaw. | 我想问问你雷德劳博士 |
[1:02:45] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[1:02:46] | He says saw you in the officers’ mess | 他说珍·沃德被杀那晚 |
[1:02:48] | the afternoon Jean Ward was killed. | 他在军官食堂见到过你 |
[1:02:49] | Can you confirm that? | 你是否可以确认 |
[1:02:51] | About 5:00, would it be? | 大概5点吗 |
[1:02:53] | Around then. | 差不多 |
[1:02:56] | Aye, that sounds about right. | 应该没错 |
[1:02:57] | – You remember him. – Aye. | -你记得他 -对 |
[1:02:58] | He usually drops in about then. | 他一般都那时去 |
[1:03:00] | He thinks I’m a soft touch. | 他觉得我心软 |
[1:03:02] | – How’s that? – Rules of the mess. | -怎么说 -食堂规矩 |
[1:03:04] | Guests can’t sign for their own drinks. | 外来人员不能自己取酒 |
[1:03:07] | And I’m not one to see a man go thirsty. | 而我可不会看着人口渴 |
[1:03:09] | Now if that’s all? | 没别的事了吧 |
[1:03:10] | No. Not quite. | 还没完事 |
[1:03:11] | You signed out a Browning L9A1 from the armory two days ago. | 你两天前从军械库签出了一把布朗宁L9A1 |
[1:03:15] | Aye, what of it? | 对 怎么了 |
[1:03:16] | – Where is it? – It’s back in the armory. | -枪在哪 -送回军械库了 |
[1:03:19] | I signed it in straight after practice. | 我练习结束后就签回了 |
[1:03:21] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[1:03:22] | Well, I’m sure I did. | 我确定我有 |
[1:03:24] | I remember taking it back. | 我记得我送了回去 |
[1:03:26] | I signed it out, signed it in. | 我签出 又签回了 |
[1:03:28] | Same as always, swear to God. | 跟往常一样 我发誓 |
[1:03:29] | Maybe you thought you did. | 或许你以为你签回了 |
[1:03:30] | But if you had, | 但如果你真签回了 |
[1:03:32] | then it would be there, wouldn’t it? | 那枪就该在库里 是吧 |
[1:03:37] | You can’t think | 你不会认为 |
[1:03:38] | I had anything to do with that photographer, | 我跟那摄影师的事有关吧 |
[1:03:40] | or this wee lassie. | 还有那小姑娘 |
[1:03:43] | You said yourself, I’ve an alibi. | 你自己也说了 我有不在场证明 |
[1:03:46] | Laidlaw saw me. | 雷德劳看到我了 |
[1:03:46] | Maybe he was mistaken. | 或许他看错了 |
[1:03:48] | No. | 不 |
[1:03:49] | No, I saw him. | 我看到他了 |
[1:03:51] | I swear it. | 我发誓 |
[1:03:51] | The same way you swore | 就像你发誓 |
[1:03:52] | you put the pistol back in the armory? | 你把枪还回了军械库吗 |
[1:03:56] | What exactly were you doing | 昨晚你为什么 |
[1:03:58] | creeping around the barracks last night? | 会在兵营周围鬼鬼祟祟 |
[1:04:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:04:06] | Gentlemen, if you’ve a moment? | 先生们 可以打扰一下吗 |
[1:04:13] | Sometimes the men come through the wire, | 有时士兵会穿铁丝网进出 |
[1:04:15] | if they’ve been out on a late pass, | 如果他们晚归超时 |
[1:04:17] | missed the last bus, | 错过了最后一班车 |
[1:04:19] | rather than finding themselves on a charge. | 又不想被训诫 |
[1:04:22] | We repair any breeches we find, | 我们发现了破口肯定会修 |
[1:04:24] | but it’s a large perimeter and pretty porous. | 但这里毕竟太大 豁口太多 |
[1:04:28] | You put a sentry on this, | 可以派人守着吗 |
[1:04:29] | until we’ve got forensics out? | 直到我们叫来鉴证科 |
[1:04:31] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[1:04:41] | Looks like it puts Private Oswald in the clear, at any rate. | 这下奥斯瓦德二等兵是洗脱嫌疑了 |
[1:04:47] | For this, but not for Moira Creighton-Ward. | 这事不是他 但莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德还不好说 |
[1:04:50] | You’ve changed your tune. | 你怎么改变口气了 |
[1:04:52] | I told you, I’m just trying to keep an open mind. | 我说了 我只是想保持开阔思路 |
[1:04:55] | Two killers on the base? | 基地里有两个杀人犯吗 |
[1:04:57] | They’re connected, surely. | 肯定有关联吧 |
[1:04:59] | Maybe, maybe not. | 或许有 或许没有 |
[1:05:01] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[1:05:04] | Farridge was at the protest too. | 法利奇也参加了抗议 |
[1:05:10] | So Farridge was in with these “Make Love Not War” types? | 法利奇也是这些”做爱不作战”的人之一吗 |
[1:05:14] | Hard to see how he’d find anyone | 他在基地应该 |
[1:05:16] | sympathetic to that on the base. | 找不到什么共鸣 |
[1:05:17] | Well, maybe he didn’t. | 或许是没有 |
[1:05:18] | Maybe he found someone who felt the exact opposite. | 或许他遇到了正好持相反观点的人 |
[1:05:20] | Wandering round that late at night? | 那么晚到处乱跑吗 |
[1:05:22] | Perhaps it was Moira Creighton-Ward’s killer. | 或许是杀莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德的凶手 |
[1:05:25] | Going back to the scene of the crime? | 回到犯罪现场吗 |
[1:05:27] | Could’ve had unfinished business up there. | 会不会还有没做完的事 |
[1:05:30] | Something he’d forgotten. | 他落下了什么东西 |
[1:05:31] | Something he’d left behind could incriminate him. | 落下了什么能定他罪的东西 |
[1:05:33] | Okay, if it wasn’t Private Oswald, | 好吧 如果不是奥斯瓦德二等兵 |
[1:05:34] | – then who? – That leaves Private Collier, | -那是谁 -只剩考里尔二等兵 |
[1:05:37] | who found the murder weapon in the washhouse; | 他在洗衣房发现了凶器 |
[1:05:38] | Lieutenant Carmichael, who ordered the wash-house swabbed; | 卡尔迈克少尉 他下令去清洗洗衣房 |
[1:05:41] | and Sergeant Major Davies, | 还有戴维斯军士长 |
[1:05:42] | who set Collier and Sam to cleaning. | 是他让考里尔和萨姆去清洁 |
[1:05:44] | What about this run-in you had with McDuff? | 那你和麦克达夫的冲突呢 |
[1:05:47] | Oh, he’s a law unto himself, | 他有自己的一套 |
[1:05:48] | but he’s held in high regard by the rest of the officers. | 但其他军官都对他非常敬仰 |
[1:05:50] | Something of a regimental hero, by all accounts. | 大家都赞他是军团英雄 |
[1:05:52] | Think they’re protecting him? | 他们会在保护他吗 |
[1:05:54] | I think that when he had his knife in my back, | 我觉得 他拿刀抵着我后背时 |
[1:05:55] | its point was somewhere between my fourth and fifth ribs. | 正好是在我第四和第五根肋骨之间 |
[1:05:58] | Same as Moira? | 跟莫伊拉一样吗 |
[1:05:59] | Mm, same as Moira, but it is textbook. | 是啊 但这是教科书手法 |
[1:06:01] | They taught us that much in Signals. | 在通讯兵团也这么教过我们 |
[1:06:03] | And he’d signed out this Browning nine-mil that’s still missing. | 而且他签出的这把布朗宁9毫米还下落不明 |
[1:06:05] | Yes, but Laidlaw can stand alibi | 是 但雷德劳能给他作证 |
[1:06:07] | for the time of Moira’s killing. | 莫伊拉被杀时他不在场 |
[1:06:08] | He says he saw him in the officers’ mess. | 他说他在军官食堂看到他了 |
[1:06:10] | What if McDuff didn’t kill the girl | 如果麦克达夫没杀那姑娘 |
[1:06:12] | but did kill Farridge? | 但杀了法利奇呢 |
[1:06:13] | Two murders, two killers, | 两桩凶案 两个凶手 |
[1:06:15] | two different motives. | 两种动机 |
[1:06:16] | Division are after an answer on Private Oswald. | 警部在追问奥斯瓦德二等兵的事 |
[1:06:19] | We must charge him by the end of the day or release. | 今天结束前 我们不起诉 就得释放他 |
[1:06:21] | It’s under review, sir. | 还在考虑 长官 |
[1:06:22] | What with the killing of this photographer, Farridge, | 因为这个摄影师 法利奇的被杀 |
[1:06:26] | it looks like the killer could still be on the base. | 看来凶手可能还在基地 |
[1:06:28] | Fresh off the telex. | 电传刚收到的 |
[1:06:29] | From Dr. DeBryn on the bayonet. | 德布林医生发来的刺刀的情况 |
[1:06:32] | – Thank you. – Sir. | -谢谢 -长官 |
[1:06:33] | Ah, Constable Trewlove… | 楚拉夫警员 |
[1:06:34] | Good heavens, what happened to you? | 老天爷 你是怎么了 |
[1:06:37] | Yesterday’s public disorder, sir. | 昨天的公众骚乱 长官 |
[1:06:40] | Well, bruised or not, | 不管有没有带伤 |
[1:06:41] | your ready smile brightens our drab walls | 你总挂在嘴边的笑容为这单调的警局 |
[1:06:44] | with much needed vim and youthful freshness. | 带来了非常可贵的活力和青春气息 |
[1:06:46] | Wouldn’t you say so, Fancy? | 是不是 范西 |
[1:06:48] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:06:51] | There’s a blood match | 血迹匹配确认了 |
[1:06:53] | on the weapon used to kill Moira Creighton-Ward. | 刺刀是杀害莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德的凶器 |
[1:06:55] | But it’s not a regulation army bayonet. | 但这并非标配军队刺刀 |
[1:06:57] | No? What then? | 是吗 那是什么 |
[1:06:58] | According to Dr. DeBryn, | 德布林医生说 |
[1:06:59] | it was made for the K98 rifle. | 是K98来复枪的刺刀 |
[1:07:01] | – Standard Wehrmacht issue. – German? | -国防军标配 -德国的 |
[1:07:05] | Well, her stepmother’s certainly got German connections. | 她继母可是跟德国有联系 |
[1:07:12] | In and out each other’s beds, | 据布莱特太太说 |
[1:07:13] | and at it like knives, according to Mrs. Bright. | 他们分分合合 吵得不可开交 |
[1:07:17] | No wonder the upper classes are obsessed with pedigree. | 怪不得上流社会那么看重血统 |
[1:07:23] | Lady Bayswater. | 贝斯沃特夫人 |
[1:07:24] | We’re rather hoping you can help us. | 我们想请您帮忙 |
[1:07:26] | We’ve come into certain information | 我们得到了一些信息 |
[1:07:27] | that raises questions about your stepdaughter’s parentage. | 不得不对您继女的出身提出质疑 |
[1:07:30] | Policeman. | 警察 |
[1:07:32] | What a grubby trade you practice. | 你们的工作真是肮脏 |
[1:07:35] | Were my husband alive, | 我丈夫如果还活着 |
[1:07:37] | you wouldn’t dare ask such a thing. | 你才不敢问这种话 |
[1:07:39] | It may have a bearing on her death. | 这可能跟她的死有关 |
[1:07:42] | What utter nonsense. | 纯属胡扯 |
[1:07:44] | This is nothing short of persecution. | 这就是迫害 |
[1:07:46] | Persecution? | 迫害 |
[1:07:48] | Spare me. | 少来了 |
[1:07:49] | You got off light. | 你算是罚得轻了 |
[1:07:50] | Your husband should have hanged along with Spode and Webley | 你丈夫就该跟斯波德和韦伯利那些 |
[1:07:53] | and the rest of his fascist shower. | 法西斯党一起绞死 |
[1:07:55] | You’ve got the nerve to have something like that on display? | 你还有胆子摆出那样的东西 |
[1:07:58] | I can’t change the past. | 我不能改变过去 |
[1:08:00] | If Winston hadn’t been so eager for office, | 要不是温斯顿一心想当首相 |
[1:08:04] | all the unpleasantness might have been avoided. | 那一切不愉快本可避免 |
[1:08:07] | My husband had Hitler’s ear. | 我丈夫当时能对希特勒进言 |
[1:08:11] | We could have persuaded him. | 我们本可说服他 |
[1:08:14] | Softened his resolve. | 劝他回心转意 |
[1:08:16] | He wasn’t immune to reason. | 他并非不讲理的人 |
[1:08:18] | Charming conversationalist, no doubt. | 肯定非常健谈 |
[1:08:19] | Actually, he was a very good mimic. | 其实 他很会模仿人 |
[1:08:23] | Terribly witty. | 特别风趣 |
[1:08:24] | Sir, is it time for that telephone call? | 长官 您该去打那通电话了吧 |
[1:08:27] | To the station? | 给警局 |
[1:08:28] | I can take it from here. | 接下来交给我吧 |
[1:08:33] | The unpleasantness, | 那些你所谓的 |
[1:08:36] | as you call it, | 不愉快 |
[1:08:38] | cost me six years of my life, | 耗费了我六年人生 |
[1:08:42] | and untold millions a great deal more. | 和数百万人的生命 |
[1:08:51] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[1:08:56] | Now, I understand, as Moira’s sole living relative, | 据我所知 作为莫伊拉唯一幸存的亲属 |
[1:09:00] | you stand to inherit the entirety of her estate. | 您将继承她的所有遗产 |
[1:09:03] | What are you insinuating? | 你什么意思 |
[1:09:05] | Money is a very powerful motivator. | 钱是很强大的动机 |
[1:09:07] | To the common vulgarity. | 对普通俗人 |
[1:09:09] | Now, is that all? | 没别的事了吧 |
[1:09:10] | Not quite. | 还没完事 |
[1:09:12] | It’s been suggested Moira’s father | 有人说 莫伊拉的生父 |
[1:09:14] | was an officer in the South Oxfordshire Regiment. | 是南牛津郡军团的一位军官 |
[1:09:16] | If you know who that was, | 如果你知道是谁 |
[1:09:17] | I’d like to hear it. | 请告诉我 |
[1:09:19] | Why should I tell you people anything? | 我为什么要告诉你们任何事 |
[1:09:22] | Another time, another place, | 换了别的时代 别的地方 |
[1:09:24] | I could have had both of you shot. | 我完全可以让人枪毙你们 |
[1:09:27] | Just like that, a snap of my fingers. | 只需轻轻一弹指 |
[1:09:30] | Well, that was then, this is now. | 那是当时 现在是现在 |
[1:09:33] | If you’d like to see a penny of your stepdaughter’s inheritance, | 如果你还想拿到一分你继女的遗产 |
[1:09:35] | you will cooperate with us fully. | 就要完全配合我们 |
[1:09:37] | Is that clear? | 明白了吗 |
[1:09:43] | You’ve been with her long? | 你跟她很久了吗 |
[1:09:45] | 20-odd years. | 20多年了 |
[1:09:48] | Admirer of her husband, were you? | 崇敬她丈夫吗 |
[1:09:51] | No man is a hero to his valet, sir. | 贴身男仆眼里没有英雄 先生 |
[1:09:54] | It’s a job, like anything else. | 这只是份工作 |
[1:09:56] | What was Moira like? | 莫伊拉是什么样的人 |
[1:09:59] | An unhappy girl. | 不开心的姑娘 |
[1:10:01] | She suffered terribly at boarding school. | 她在寄宿学校吃了不少苦 |
[1:10:03] | Over her father. | 因为她父亲 |
[1:10:05] | That was here in Oxfordshire, funny enough. | 还是在牛津郡呢 |
[1:10:07] | There any talk about who her real father was? | 关于她生父是谁 是否有传闻 |
[1:10:10] | Her “real” father? | “生父” |
[1:10:13] | I always took it to be Lord Bayswater, sir. | 我一向认为是贝斯沃特子爵 先生 |
[1:10:17] | It’s an awful thing. | 太可怕了 |
[1:10:18] | I was very fond of her. | 我非常喜欢她 |
[1:10:20] | In my way. | 以我的方式 |
[1:10:22] | What way was that, Mr. Barker? | 什么意思 巴克先生 |
[1:10:25] | One that knows its place and proper station, Chief Inspector. | 清楚自己身份的方式 高级督察 |
[1:10:28] | But there was no love lost between her and her stepmother? | 但她和她继母相看两厌吗 |
[1:10:31] | I’m afraid I couldn’t speak to that, sir. | 这我恐怕不便说 先生 |
[1:10:33] | But you could speak as to her whereabouts | 但你知道 |
[1:10:36] | on the afternoon following her appearance | 她出席辩论协会那天 |
[1:10:38] | at the Debating Society. | 下午去了哪吗 |
[1:10:41] | She was here, sir. | 她就在家 先生 |
[1:10:42] | You can vouch for that? | 你能作证吗 |
[1:10:44] | I had some small errands to run in town for an hour or two, | 我进城办事 去了一两小时 |
[1:10:47] | but she was here when I left, | 但我走时她在这里 |
[1:10:50] | and upon my return. | 我回来时也是 |
[1:10:54] | Moira’s grandfather was commanding officer | 莫伊拉的外祖父30年代曾是 |
[1:10:55] | in the South Oxfordshire Regiment in the ’30s. | 南牛津郡军团的指挥官 |
[1:10:58] | Two of his favorites were regular houseguests here– | 他的两名爱将经常来这里作客 |
[1:11:00] | Mungo Coward and Johnny Champion. | 蒙戈·考沃德和约翰尼·常佩恩 |
[1:11:03] | Major Coward and Colonel Champion? | 考沃德少校和常佩恩上校 |
[1:11:05] | She thought it could be either of them. | 她觉得可能是他们俩中的一个 |
[1:11:08] | Maybe the girl had heard the rumors | 或许那姑娘也听说了传闻 |
[1:11:10] | and took it upon herself | 便自行决定 |
[1:11:11] | to confront the man she believed to be her father. | 去质问她认为是她父亲的人 |
[1:11:13] | But which of them? | 但是谁呢 |
[1:11:15] | The regiment leaves for Germany this evening. | 军团今晚就要出发去德国了 |
[1:11:16] | Now unless we can identify him, | 如果我们不能确认他的身份 |
[1:11:18] | Moira’s killer, whoever it is, leaves with them. | 杀伊莫拉的凶手 不管是谁 也会离开 |
[1:11:40] | I’ve been given to understand | 据我所知 |
[1:11:41] | that you and Major Coward were regular guests | 你和考沃德少校曾经常光顾 |
[1:11:44] | at Colonel Proserpine’s family estate, | 普罗西潘上校家 |
[1:11:47] | where his daughter Eleanor was often staying. | 他女儿埃莉诺也常住在那里 |
[1:11:50] | I can imagine what this is about. | 我知道这是为什么事 |
[1:11:53] | The question you’re here to ask, | 你们来问的问题 |
[1:11:54] | I can’t answer, as I simply don’t know. | 我无法回答 我真的不知道 |
[1:11:56] | You admit to a… | 你是承认跟 |
[1:11:57] | closeness with Moira Creighton-Ward’s mother, then? | 莫伊拉·克雷顿-沃德的母亲关系亲密吗 |
[1:12:01] | And you, Major? | 你呢 少校 |
[1:12:03] | Mungo was only ever a friend to Eleanor. | 蒙戈从来都只是埃莉诺的朋友 |
[1:12:05] | A good friend to her | 好朋友 |
[1:12:07] | and a brother officer to me. | 也是我的好战友 |
[1:12:10] | But you knew about their relationship? | 但你知道他们的恋情 |
[1:12:12] | Eleanor was a wonderful girl. | 埃莉诺是个好姑娘 |
[1:12:14] | We all know what Paddy Creighton-Ward was. | 我们都清楚帕蒂·克雷顿-沃德是什么货色 |
[1:12:16] | He took no pains to hide his adultery with Charity Mudford. | 他毫不掩饰他跟查莱蒂·慕德福德的私通 |
[1:12:20] | No pains? | 掩饰 |
[1:12:21] | He was brazen about it. | 他简直招摇过市 |
[1:12:22] | All London knew what they were up to. | 全伦敦都清楚他们的勾当 |
[1:12:24] | Yes but was he still sleeping with his wife? | 但他还跟他妻子行房事吗 |
[1:12:27] | It wasn’t something we discussed. | 我们不会谈论这些 |
[1:12:30] | We had our time, | 我们有过一段 |
[1:12:32] | and then Eleanor said | 但埃莉诺后来说 |
[1:12:34] | it might be best not to see each other again. | 我们最好还是不要再见面了 |
[1:12:37] | So she ended our relationship | 所以她结束了我们的关系 |
[1:12:41] | Anyway, seven, eight months later, | 反正 七八个月后 |
[1:12:43] | I saw it in the papers. | 我看到了报纸 |
[1:12:45] | “The Gift of a Daughter.” | “天赐之女” |
[1:12:46] | But did she make contact with you? | 但她联系过你吗 |
[1:12:48] | Moira? No. | 莫伊拉吗 没 |
[1:12:50] | So, you’d no idea it was her when she came to the base? | 所以你也不知道来基地的是她 |
[1:12:52] | No. | 不知道 |
[1:12:54] | I suppose if she’d used her real name, | 如果她用了真名 |
[1:12:56] | I might have thought something of it. | 我可能还会有些想法 |
[1:12:58] | Moira, you see, is my mother’s name. | 莫伊拉是我母亲的名字 |
[1:13:01] | Well, surely that was a sign that she was your daughter. | 那肯定说明她确实是你女儿啊 |
[1:13:03] | It could have been. | 是可能 |
[1:13:04] | But it could just as easily’ve | 但也完全可能是 |
[1:13:05] | been Paddy Creighton-Ward’s idea of a joke. | 帕蒂·克雷顿-沃德开的玩笑 |
[1:13:09] | “Let him wonder.” | “让他想去吧” |
[1:13:12] | I’ll never know. | 我永远无法得知了 |
[1:13:23] | No surprises as to cause of death. | 死因毫无悬念 |
[1:13:26] | But the cartridge is unusual. | 但子弹很不寻常 |
[1:13:28] | If you find anything like it on the base, | 如果你能在基地找到 |
[1:13:30] | I’d be surprised. | 我会很诧异 |
[1:13:31] | Head stamp gives us date, lot number, | 标记只有日期 没有编号 |
[1:13:33] | as well as the case metal code. | 还有弹壳金属码 |
[1:13:35] | 44 44. | |
[1:13:36] | 1944 to be precise. | 是1944年 |
[1:13:38] | German military. | 德军 |
[1:13:42] | A K98 bayonet and a pistol, both used by the Wehrmacht. | K98刺刀和手枪 都是德国国防军装备 |
[1:13:46] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:13:48] | Souvenir, perhaps? | 纪念品吗 |
[1:13:50] | The spoils of war? | 战利品 |
[1:13:52] | It wasn’t unknown for soldiers | 士兵的确会 |
[1:13:54] | to relieve prisoners and the dead of their arms. | 拿走战俘和死去士兵的武器 |
[1:14:07] | Mr. Barker, what can I do for you? | 巴克先生 有什么事吗 |
[1:14:11] | I didn’t say anything when you came. | 你去时 我没说什么 |
[1:14:13] | It seemed like a betrayal. | 感觉是背叛 |
[1:14:15] | But she wrote to me. | 但她会给我写信 |
[1:14:17] | Moira. | 莫伊拉 |
[1:14:18] | Had done since she was at boarding school. | 从她在寄宿学校时就开始了 |
[1:14:23] | That’s the last. | 这是最后一封 |
[1:14:25] | Last few months, she’s been happy. | 这几个月来 她很开心 |
[1:14:28] | She met someone. | 她认识了一个人 |
[1:14:30] | I don’t know if there’s nothing more to it than… | 我不知道那是否只是 |
[1:14:34] | hero worship, I suppose. | 英雄崇拜 |
[1:14:37] | But he’d certainly made an impression on her. | 但他绝对令她颇受打动 |
[1:14:39] | Who had? | 谁 |
[1:15:08] | Marcus? | 马库斯 |
[1:15:12] | Marcus Williams? | 马库斯·威廉姆斯 |
[1:15:15] | Marcus X. | 是马库斯·X |
[1:15:17] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[1:15:18] | The X represents my true name, | X代表了我的真名 |
[1:15:21] | my ancestral African name. | 我非洲祖先的名字 |
[1:15:24] | Well, since we’re all on first name terms. | 既然我们都直呼其名了 |
[1:15:27] | Fred, do you? | 弗莱德 |
[1:15:28] | This is Morse. | 这是摩斯 |
[1:15:30] | Police? | 警察吗 |
[1:15:31] | We’d like to talk to you about Jean Ward. | 我们想问问你珍·沃德的事 |
[1:15:46] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[1:15:47] | You were involved. | 你俩有染 |
[1:15:49] | Politically? | 政治上 |
[1:15:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:15:51] | She was looking for a cause. | 她想找一个事业 |
[1:15:53] | Something to believe in. | 找一个信仰 |
[1:15:55] | Something or someone? | 还是想找一个人 |
[1:15:56] | Sometimes it’s the same thing. | 有时两者没有区别 |
[1:15:58] | That’s as far as it went. | 但也仅此而已 |
[1:16:00] | Where were you | 沃德小姐 |
[1:16:00] | when Miss Ward was at the barracks? | 去兵营时 你在哪 |
[1:16:03] | Here, and later at a protest | 这里 之后去参加了抗议 |
[1:16:07] | outside a hair salon in East Cowley | 在东考利一家美发厅外 |
[1:16:08] | that operates a color bar. | 那里执行了种族隔离 |
[1:16:10] | I have at least 20 witnesses can vouch for my movements. | 至少20名证人能证明我的行踪 |
[1:16:13] | You know a man called Farridge? | 你认识一个叫法利奇的人吗 |
[1:16:14] | A photographer. | 摄影师 |
[1:16:16] | Yeah, I know him. | 是的 |
[1:16:18] | He does pictures. | 他拍照片 |
[1:16:19] | Chronicles the struggle. | 记录我们的斗争 |
[1:16:21] | When did you see him last? | 你最后见他是什么时候 |
[1:16:23] | After Jean died. | 珍死后 |
[1:16:25] | He came by to tell me– why? | 他来告诉我 怎么了 |
[1:16:26] | Somebody shot him, | 有人打死了他 |
[1:16:28] | last night, up at High Wood. | 昨晚 在高林地 |
[1:16:35] | Well, you… | 你… |
[1:16:36] | you can’t pin that one on me. | 这你不能赖我 |
[1:16:40] | I was in a cell, | 我当时在牢房里 |
[1:16:41] | at Cowley police station until first thing. | 在考利警局 今早才出来 |
[1:16:46] | Any idea why he went back up to the barracks? | 知道他为何会回兵营吗 |
[1:16:51] | Uh, he’d called | 他来电 |
[1:16:53] | to say that one of you had arrested a brother for it. | 说你们逮捕了一名黑人 |
[1:16:59] | Maybe he had other ideas. | 或许他不认同 |
[1:17:00] | And Jean? | 那珍呢 |
[1:17:02] | Can you think of anyone who would wish her harm? | 你能想到任何会想伤害她的人吗 |
[1:17:07] | It wasn’t easy for her, being her father’s daughter. | 作为她父亲的女儿 她很不容易 |
[1:17:11] | But she’d put all that behind her. | 但她把那些都抛下了 |
[1:17:14] | Changed her name and started over. | 改了名字 重新开始 |
[1:17:16] | Something you had in common. | 你也是 |
[1:17:19] | She was a beautiful soul. | 她是个美丽的灵魂 |
[1:17:21] | Had she lived, her future would have been | 如果她没死 她未来的光明 |
[1:17:23] | as bright as her past was… shadowed. | 不会输于她过往的阴影 |
[1:17:28] | I’d have seen to it. | 我会确保的 |
[1:17:34] | What do you make to him? | 你怎么看他 |
[1:17:36] | Could he be right about Farridge? | 他对法利奇的想法会是对的吗 |
[1:17:38] | “The Convergence of the Twain.” | “二者的辐合” |
[1:17:39] | He goes to find out what happened to Jean Ward | 他想去查明珍·沃德之死的真相 |
[1:17:41] | and gets more than he bargained for. | 却出了意外 |
[1:17:43] | Happenstance, then? | 巧合吗 |
[1:17:44] | Could Champion be lying? | 常佩恩会是在撒谎吗 |
[1:17:46] | Maybe Jean contacted him, told him she was coming. | 或许珍联系了他 告诉他她要去了 |
[1:17:49] | It’s hell of a leap from that | 即便如此 |
[1:17:50] | to killing someone you believe to be your own daughter. | 他怎么就会下手杀可能是亲生女儿的人 |
[1:17:52] | It’s unlikely, I’d’ve thought. | 感觉不太可能 |
[1:17:54] | Double-check Williams’ alibi | 核查珍被杀期间 |
[1:17:56] | for the time of Jean’s killing. | 威廉姆斯的不在场证明 |
[1:17:57] | And take a run down to the hairdressers. | 去一趟美发厅 |
[1:17:59] | See if we can dig anything else up there. | 看在那里还能否有什么发现 |
[1:18:01] | I’ll walk back to the nick, | 我走回警局 |
[1:18:03] | see what Mr. Bright wants to do with Private Oswald. | 看布莱特先生想怎么处置奥斯瓦德二等兵 |
[1:18:10] | Is this the man you saw leading the protest? | 这是你看到带领抗议的人吗 |
[1:18:13] | To tell you the truth, dear, I couldn’t swear to it. | 老实说 亲爱的 我不敢确定 |
[1:18:16] | I’m sure their mothers can tell them apart, but, uh, | 他们的母亲肯定能分辨出来 但 |
[1:18:19] | don’t ask me, dear, ’cause I’d be at a loss. | 别问我 我是分不出 |
[1:18:23] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[1:18:27] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[1:18:28] | She’s very popular. | 她很受欢迎 |
[1:18:30] | The face that launched a thousand snips. | 吸引了无数顾客的脸 |
[1:18:33] | But I’m afraid she’s spoken for, | 但她恐怕有主了 |
[1:18:36] | if you had any designs of your own. | 如果你有什么想法的话 |
[1:18:38] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:18:40] | I’ve a gentleman buys all the blow-ups of her off me when I’m done. | 有位先生会买下所有我不再用的她的照片 |
[1:18:44] | None of the other girls, just her. | 不要其他姑娘 就要她 |
[1:18:47] | I must’ve let him have half a dozen | 我这两年卖给他 |
[1:18:48] | the last couple of years. | 大概有六张了 |
[1:18:50] | He just comes in every month or two, | 他每隔一两个月就来 |
[1:18:52] | and I put them by for him. | 我会替他留着 |
[1:18:54] | Takes all sorts, I suppose. | 什么人都有吧 |
[1:18:56] | When it comes to men, dear, it doesn’t do to judge. | 对于男人 亲爱的 不该乱评判 |
[1:18:59] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么 |
[1:19:00] | I couldn’t tell you, I’m afraid. | 我恐怕不知道 |
[1:19:06] | He wouldn’t wear glasses by any chance? | 他会不会戴眼镜 |
[1:19:24] | I was hoping to find Dr. Laidlaw. | 我想找雷德劳博士 |
[1:19:27] | You and me both. | 我也找他 |
[1:19:30] | He must be up at the camp playing soldiers. | 他肯定在军营扮士兵呢 |
[1:19:31] | Have you got a permit for that? | 你有持枪执照吗 |
[1:19:33] | I wouldn’t have, would I? | 我当然没有 |
[1:19:33] | – Well, then put it down. – It’s not mine. | -那就放下 -这不是我的 |
[1:19:35] | It’s his. | 是他的 |
[1:19:37] | He collects this crap. | 他收集这些破烂 |
[1:19:38] | Got all sorts. | 什么都有 |
[1:19:40] | Pistols, rifles, swords, flags. | 手枪 来复枪 剑 旗 |
[1:19:42] | He’ll buy anything, as long as it’s Third Reich. | 第三帝国的东西 他都买 |
[1:19:45] | I mean, Jesus, look at this. | 老天爷 看啊 |
[1:19:48] | It’s Kriegsmarine. | 德国海军 |
[1:19:51] | I mean! | 真是的 |
[1:19:53] | But wait, that is nothing. | 等等 那还不算什么 |
[1:19:57] | He showed me this last week. | 他上周给我看了这个 |
[1:20:01] | SS. | 党卫军 |
[1:20:06] | He reckons it came out of the Führerbunker. | 他认为这来自元首地堡 |
[1:20:08] | Got it with a couple of suicide pills. | 还一同买了几片自杀药片 |
[1:20:11] | Cyanide. | 氰化物 |
[1:20:12] | Kinky, eh? | 重口吧 |
[1:20:13] | He’s your tutor? | 他是你的导师吗 |
[1:20:16] | When he bothers to turn up. | 他愿意来时 |
[1:20:18] | What do you know about him? | 你对他有什么了解 |
[1:20:20] | Beside his interest in Nazi regalia? | 除了他喜欢纳粹的东西吗 |
[1:20:22] | I mean is he married, single? | 他结婚了吗 还是单身 |
[1:20:24] | Yeah, he’s married. | 他是结婚了 |
[1:20:26] | Some model, he says. | 他说是跟个模特 |
[1:20:29] | How’s that? | 是吗 |
[1:20:31] | Got a couple of kids together, place in North Oxford. | 还生了几个孩子 住在北牛津 |
[1:20:35] | A model? | 模特 |
[1:20:38] | Yeah, fashion. | 对 时尚界的 |
[1:20:39] | Clothes horse, jet set, apparently. | 衣服架子 还挺富有 |
[1:20:42] | Why she never turns up to College do’s, | 所以她从不参加学院活动 |
[1:20:44] | though how a stiff like him | 但他那种书呆子 |
[1:20:45] | could keep hold of something like that… | 怎么能泡上那样的女人 |
[1:20:46] | He won’t be coming in today. | 他今天不会来了 |
[1:20:49] | – He might. – He won’t… | -他还是可能来的 -不会了 |
[1:20:50] | go on, get out, before I run you in. | 走吧 别让我赶你 |
[1:20:51] | Take it easy. | 别激动 |
[1:20:52] | You don’t have to come over all heavy, man. | 不用对我那么凶 |
[1:21:42] | C.I.D., DS Strange. | 刑事调查部 斯特兰奇警长 |
[1:21:44] | Is he in? | 他在吗 |
[1:21:46] | He’s in with Mr. Bright. | 他在跟布莱特先生说话 |
[1:21:48] | Trying to decide if we’re charging Oswald. | 在决定是否要起诉奥斯瓦德 |
[1:21:50] | Tell them not to bother. | 告诉他不必了 |
[1:21:51] | He didn’t do it, it’s a frame up. | 不是他 他被陷害了 |
[1:21:54] | Who did then? | 那是谁 |
[1:21:59] | Today, as we take leave of this place, | 今天 我们离开这里时 |
[1:22:03] | we remember old comrades. | 要缅怀曾经的战友 |
[1:22:06] | We remember their faces, | 我们缅怀他们的面庞 |
[1:22:09] | their names, and their sacrifice. | 他们的名字 他们的牺牲 |
[1:22:13] | They were the regiment, | 他们曾是军团 |
[1:22:16] | as you are now the regiment. | 就像如今 你们是军团 |
[1:22:33] | “The sand of the desert is sodden red, | “沙漠的沙子被浸染得鲜红 |
[1:22:38] | “Red with the wreck of a square that broke, | 红色的残骸是破碎的营地 |
[1:22:43] | “The Gatling’s jammed and the Colonel’s dead, | 机枪卡住 上校阵亡 |
[1:22:56] | “And the regiment blind with dust and smoke. | 军团在尘埃烟雾中 不见五指 |
[1:23:06] | “The river of death has brimmed his banks, | 死亡之河溢上河岸 |
[1:23:16] | “And England’s far, and Honour a name, | 英格兰远在天边 荣誉只是虚名 |
[1:23:25] | “…the voice of a schoolboy rallies the ranks. | 年轻的声音 鼓舞着战士们 |
[1:23:31] | “‘Play up! | 加油 |
[1:23:33] | “‘Play up! | 加油 |
[1:23:36] | and play the game!”‘ | 加油奋进” |
[1:23:38] | In our hearts, | 我们心中 |
[1:23:39] | we ever remember the South Oxfordshires motto. | 将永远铭记 南牛津郡军团的口号 |
[1:24:01] | Give it up! | 投降吧 |
[1:24:02] | It’s finished! | 结束了 |
[1:24:05] | I would have given her the world. | 我本会给她一切 |
[1:24:08] | That she could choose a man like that. | 她偏偏选择那样的男人 |
[1:24:10] | “Marcus X,” A known criminal. | “马库斯·X” 一个罪犯 |
[1:24:13] | That’s what you didn’t like about him? | 你是不喜欢他这点吗 |
[1:24:15] | You could’ve chosen anyone, | 你可以选择任何人 |
[1:24:16] | but you chose to frame Private Oswald. | 可你偏偏陷害了奥斯瓦德二等兵 |
[1:24:18] | What does it matter? | 有什么关系 |
[1:24:20] | They’re all the same. | 他们都一样 |
[1:24:21] | Bloody savages. Animals. | 野蛮人 禽兽 |
[1:24:24] | I saw him kissing her in the woods. | 我看到他在林子里吻她 |
[1:24:27] | You saw her kissing him! | 是她吻了他 |
[1:24:29] | I know what I saw! | 我清楚我看到了什么 |
[1:24:32] | She was drugged up. | 她服了太多药 |
[1:24:33] | She didn’t knew what she was doing half the time. | 半数时间都浑浑噩噩 |
[1:24:37] | Did you see her belt him? | 你看到她打他了吗 |
[1:24:40] | What? | 什么 |
[1:24:41] | She slapped him. | 她扇了他一巴掌 |
[1:24:43] | Same way I think she slapped you when you confronted her. | 我觉得你找上她时 她也扇了你 |
[1:24:48] | She knocked your specs off. | 她打落了你的眼镜 |
[1:24:50] | – Moira. – Oh, leave me alone. | -莫伊拉 -别烦我 |
[1:24:52] | – You came… – Get off me! | -你来… -放开我 |
[1:24:55] | Hit you so hard it dislodged the screw from the arm. | 打得那么狠 甚至打落了眼镜腿上的螺钉 |
[1:25:00] | You bodged it together with a running repair, | 你临时修复了一下 |
[1:25:02] | but if somebody found that screw, | 但如果有人发现了那枚螺钉 |
[1:25:04] | it could tie you to Jean’s murder. | 就可能发现你是凶手 |
[1:25:08] | You came up here last night looking to find it, | 你昨晚过来 想找到螺钉 |
[1:25:10] | only you ran into Farridge. | 但却碰到了法利奇 |
[1:25:14] | Maybe he recognized you, so you killed him. | 可能他认出了你 你就杀了他 |
[1:25:20] | He deserved it. | 他活该 |
[1:25:21] | He’s part of that Marxist shower with Williams. | 他也是威廉姆斯的那群马克斯主义者 |
[1:25:24] | Well, he won’t be pointing his camera at anone else. | 他再别想把镜头对准谁 |
[1:25:27] | Persecuting people, ah! | 迫害谁了 |
[1:26:01] | Now, then, Mr. Laidlaw, | 好啊 雷德劳先生 |
[1:26:04] | what’s all this shooting? | 为什么乱开枪 |
[1:26:06] | Dr. Laidlaw. | 是雷德劳博士 |
[1:27:31] | Easy, Jack, easy. | 没事 杰克 |
[1:27:33] | Medics on their way. | 医护人员就到 |
[1:27:36] | They’ll not take the regiment… | 他们别想战胜军团… |
[1:27:40] | Do ye see them, Mungo? | 你看到他们了吗 蒙戈 |
[1:27:43] | All my bright boys. | 我的好战友们 |
[1:27:45] | I see them, Jack. | 我看到了 杰克 |
[1:27:50] | The Colors, man. | 军旗 |
[1:27:54] | Look to the Colors. | 照顾好军旗 |
[1:27:58] | Save the Colors. | 保护军旗 |
[1:28:12] | Oh, my laddie. | 好伙计 |
[1:28:15] | My bonnie brave laddie. | 我勇敢的好伙计 |
[1:28:39] | Mustn’t do it, Corp. | 别 一等兵 |
[1:28:50] | Off, then. | 你要走了 |
[1:28:54] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[1:28:56] | It was done. | 是有人做到了 |
[1:28:58] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[1:28:59] | Go and join your mates. | 去找你的战友吧 |
[1:29:01] | And make sure you write your mother. | 你一定要给你妈写信 |
[1:29:06] | Unless they changed King’s Regs, | 除非是规矩改了 |
[1:29:07] | you don’t salute NCOs. | 敬礼应该仅对高级军官 |
[1:29:09] | I’m not. | 没错 |
[1:29:13] | Dismiss, son. | 解散 儿子 |
[1:29:43] | That’s that, then, Colonel. | 那么结束了 上校 |
[1:29:46] | Parade’s End. | 列队结束 |
[1:29:47] | Her regimental record unblemished. | 军团记录未被玷污 |
[1:29:50] | Honor preserved, thanks to you and your men. | 荣誉未受损害 多亏你和你的手下 |
[1:29:53] | My boy’ll be sorry to see it go. | 我儿子会感到遗憾的 |
[1:29:56] | Ah, it’s just a name. | 只是个名字 |
[1:29:58] | Names change. | 名字会变 |
[1:29:59] | That’s true enough. | 这是不假 |
[1:30:01] | We began the year as City Police, | 我们今年年初时是市警局 |
[1:30:03] | and we’ll end it as Thames Valley. | 今年结束时就是泰晤士河谷警局了 |
[1:30:05] | It’s people make something what it is, | 一件东西的性质由人决定 |
[1:30:07] | not the name it’s called by. | 不是名字 |
[1:30:10] | And as long as the Colors remain, | 只要军旗还在 |
[1:30:13] | and there’s one man left to see they don’t fall to shame, | 只要还有人去确保它不被玷污 |
[1:30:16] | a regiment never truly dies. | 军团就不会真的消亡 |
[1:30:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:30:23] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[1:30:33] | Over 20 years since I was on a barrack square. | 我都20多年没来营房了 |
[1:30:38] | Could’ve been yesterday. | 简直恍如昨日 |
[1:30:42] | Nothing changes, they all look the same, | 什么都没变 看上去还是一样 |
[1:30:44] | Sound the same, smell the same. | 声音还是一样 气味还是一样 |
[1:30:48] | “Today we have naming of parts. | “今天 我们学习部件名称 |
[1:30:55] | “Yesterday we had daily cleaning. | 昨天 我们进行了每日打扫 |
[1:31:00] | “And tomorrow morning, | 明天早上 |
[1:31:03] | “We shall have what to do after firing. | 打靶练习之后 还有其他任务 |
[1:31:09] | “But today… | 但今天 |
[1:31:13] | Today we have naming of parts.” | 今天 我们学习部件名称” |
[1:31:27] | What do you reckon to Laidlaw, then? | 你怎么看雷德劳 |
[1:31:29] | I think he couldn’t let her go. | 他无法放下她 |
[1:31:31] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:31:32] | That’ll do it, every time. | 这总是令人疯狂 |
[1:31:35] | How’s your head? | 你脑袋怎么样了 |
[1:31:36] | Ringing. | 耳鸣 |
[1:31:38] | If you will get yourself shot at. | 挨枪子就是这样 |
[1:31:43] | You did all right. | 你表现不错 |
[1:31:47] | Knew you would. | 我就知道 |
[1:31:51] | Do you want to drive? | 你开车啊 |
[1:31:52] | Come on, then. | 来吧 |