Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

摩斯探长前传(Endeavour)第4季第4集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 10, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 摩斯探长前传(Endeavour)第4季第4集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:48] The Soviet Union has warned the United States 苏联已警告美国
[00:51] that an attack on Cuba 袭击古巴
[00:52] or on Soviet ships carrying supplies to the island 或向古巴运输补给的苏联船只
[00:56] would mean war. 将是战争行为
[00:58] In a statement from Moscow, 在莫斯科发表的声明中
[01:00] the Russian foreign minister, Mr. Gromyko, 苏联外交部长 葛罗米柯先生
[01:02] said any such attack made by the United States 说美国若发起任何此类袭击
[01:06] would plunge the world into 就将把世界推向
[01:07] the disaster of a universal world war 全球热核武战争的
[01:10] with the use of thermonuclear weapons. 灾难之中
[01:56] And when he opened the seventh seal, 羔羊揭开第七印的时候
[01:58] there was a silence in Heaven about the space of half an hour. 天上寂静约有二刻
[02:03] And I saw the angels that stood before God; 我看见那站在上帝面前的七位天使
[02:07] and to them were given the seven trumpets. 有七枝号赐给他们
[03:53] I’ve been asked to convey 我被要求转达
[03:54] the chief constable’s appreciation 警察局长对瑟斯戴督察
[03:56] to Detective Inspector Thursday for the admirable way 这几周来 暂代任职时的可敬表现
[03:59] he’s held the fort these past weeks. 表示感激
[04:01] Well, on behalf of the whole station, sir, 我想代表整个警局 长官
[04:03] if I might just say, 说一句
[04:04] welcome back. 欢迎回来
[04:08] All right, carry on. 好了 继续吧
[04:09] Anything pressing that requires my immediate attention? 有什么需要我立刻关注的紧急情况吗
[04:13] One or two burglaries outstanding in the Oxpens area, sir. 牛圈区有一两起未结的入室盗窃 长官
[04:16] Kids, probably, by the mess. 翻得很乱 八成是孩子
[04:18] Just through from the Information Room, sir. 情报室刚来消息 长官
[04:20] Body’s been found at Bramford Mere. 布兰姆福德沼泽发现了一具尸体
[04:22] Bramford, you say? 布兰姆福德吗
[04:23] Bramford Mere. 布兰姆福德沼泽
[04:25] That’s county ground, isn’t it? 那是郡警局的地盘吧
[04:26] Yeah, Division would like us to deal. 对 但警部要我们去处理
[04:28] Laxman went missing out that way. 拉克斯曼就是在那边失踪的
[04:30] Who’s this? 谁
[04:33] Before your time, sir. 您来之前了 长官
[04:34] Five years back– Matthew Laxman. 五年前 马修·拉克斯曼
[04:38] A botanist. 一个植物学家
[04:39] Went missing from his rooms at Wolsey during the long vac. 长假期间 从他沃尔西学院的办公室失踪
[04:43] Last sighting was from a hitchhiker, Nigel Warren. 最后是被一名搭车人 奈吉·沃伦见到
[04:47] Laxman told him he was heading out Bramford way, 拉克斯曼对他说是要去布兰姆福德那边
[04:49] but his car was never recovered. 但他的车从未被找到
[04:51] Foul play, you think? 你认为是他杀吗
[04:52] It wasn’t my case, sir. 当时不是我的案子 长官
[04:53] County investigation for the most part. 主要是由郡警局调查的
[04:55] But my old bagman, DS Lott, 但我以前的副手 洛特警长
[04:57] liaised with them from the City end. 在市警局这边跟他们联络
[04:59] And he might not have been as thorough as he could’ve been. 他可能并没有查得很彻底
[05:02] And you’d like to set things right. 你想纠正错误
[05:05] Well, there we are. 那好吧
[05:06] Not half an hour in the station, 回警局还不到半小时
[05:07] and all back to normal. 就又一切如常了
[05:09] Carry on. 继续吧
[05:31] – Morning. – Constable. -早 -警员
[05:32] Archaeological dig, sir, out of Courtenay College. 考古挖掘 长官 考特尼学院的人
[05:35] Turned up a hand. 发现了一只手
[05:37] Belongs to the fellow in this trench. 属于这个坑里的人
[05:38] Morning, Doctor. 早 医生
[05:39] Inspector. 督察
[05:41] Gentlemen. 先生们
[05:42] What have you got? 什么情况
[05:43] Male. 男性
[05:44] Age as yet undetermined. 年龄尚未确定
[05:46] Remains somewhat compressed, but remarkably well preserved 虽然稍有挤压 但保存得相当好
[05:50] due to the acidity of the soil. 这是因为土壤的酸性
[05:52] Any chance it could be Laxman? 会不会是拉克斯曼
[05:53] I’m afraid time of death 恐怕死亡时间
[05:54] rather mitigates against that possibility. 基本排除了这一可能性
[05:57] Time of death? 死亡时间
[05:59] 2,000 years ago. 两千年前
[06:01] 2,000 years? 两千年
[06:02] Yes, give or take a couple of hundred years. 对 可能差个几百年
[06:05] We’ll have trouble notifying his next of kin. 通知他的亲属可困难了
[06:07] Poor chap does seem to have had rather a grim time of it. 而且可怜人似乎死得很惨
[06:10] There’s trauma to the skull. 头骨有创伤
[06:12] An ax, perhaps, or a rock– fatal by itself. 可能是斧子 或石头 足以致命
[06:16] But we also have a garrote, tightened by means of a stick. 但还发现了绞刑具 用一根棍子收紧绞索
[06:20] And finally, his throat has been laid open 最后 他的喉咙也被割开
[06:23] with a very sharp blade, right to left. 用的是利刃 从右到左
[06:26] Torture, possibly. 可能是酷刑
[06:27] – Or ritual. – How’s that? -或仪式 -怎么说
[06:28] Well, prevailing school of thought is 一般认为
[06:30] that places like this, bodies of water, 这样的地方 水体附近
[06:32] held a supernatural significance 对古代人拥有
[06:34] to ancient peoples. 超自然的意义
[06:35] They were seen as a gateway from one world to another. 它们被视为两个世界间的大门
[06:37] Could have been an offering, 可能是献祭
[06:38] made to whatever deities they worshipped. 献给他们所崇拜的神祇
[06:40] Human sacrifice, you mean? 人祭吗
[06:42] Hmm, popular with the druids. 德鲁伊人很喜欢
[06:44] – And what’s that? – What? -那是什么 -什么
[06:46] There. 那里
[06:54] Inspector? 督察
[07:11] Matthew had a pair quite similar. 马修就有副类似的
[07:12] It’s possible they’re his. 这可能是他的
[07:14] Where did you find them? 你在哪找到的
[07:15] Out at Bramford Mere. 布兰姆福德沼泽附近
[07:17] Isn’t that where he told the hitchhiker he was going? 他不就跟搭车人说他要去那里吗
[07:19] Bramford Village was the destination. 他要去的是布兰姆福德村
[07:22] The mere is about a mile or so outside. 沼泽在村外约一英里处
[07:25] Did he have any business out there, 他去那边有什么事吗
[07:27] – do you know? – No. -你知道吗 -不知道
[07:28] And you were out of town, 他失踪的时候
[07:30] at the time of his disappearance, yes? 你不在城里 是吧
[07:32] I did tell the police all of this at the time. 我当时把这些都告诉警方了
[07:34] We do like to be thorough. 我们想彻底一些
[07:36] To which end, I must ask… 所以 我必须问
[07:38] There was the suggestion that your marriage 当时有人表示你们的婚姻
[07:40] wasn’t altogether happy. 并不幸福
[07:45] Matthew was, um… 马修他…
[07:48] Passionate. 很有激情
[07:48] Driven, I suppose, in his work, in politics. 很有冲劲 工作上 政治上
[07:51] He had a temper in drink. 他酒后会发脾气
[07:56] Sometimes 有时
[07:58] I felt there was a side to his life 我觉得他生活中
[07:59] I never really knew at all. 有我从不了解的一面
[08:02] You should speak to Donald. 你们该去找唐纳德
[08:04] Professor Bagley at Wolsey. 沃尔西的巴格利教授
[08:05] He probably knew Matthew better than anyone. 他可能比任何人都更了解马修
[08:09] Thank you, that will be all for now. 谢谢 暂时这样吧
[08:53] Professor Bagley? 巴格利教授
[08:58] Yes, he came by my rooms here, 对 他来过我的办公室
[09:00] as he did most mornings, about 11:00. 他大多数早上都会来 11点时
[09:04] We had a glass of sherry and caught up on the gossip. 我们喝了杯雪利酒 聊了聊闲话
[09:08] After Anne, my wife, died, he was a good friend. 安 我妻子死后 他很够朋友
[09:13] Have you any idea what he might have been doing 你是否知道 他去布兰姆福德沼泽
[09:15] out at Bramford Mere? 可能是为什么事
[09:17] About his work, I should imagine. 应该是跟他的工作有关吧
[09:19] Have you talked to Alison? 你们跟艾莉森谈过吗
[09:21] Mrs. Laxman? 拉克斯曼太太吗
[09:22] We’ve just come from there now. 我们刚从那儿来
[09:23] Wonderful girl. 好姑娘
[09:25] These last years have been very hard for her. 这几年来她非常艰难
[09:28] Not knowing if he was alive or dead. 甚至不知道他是生是死
[09:33] Thank you, Professor. 谢谢 教授
[09:40] And the first angel sounded, 第一位天使吹号
[09:43] and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, 就有雹子与火掺着血
[09:47] and they were cast upon the Earth: 丢在地上
[09:49] and the third part of trees was burnt up, 地的三分之一和树的三分之一被烧了
[09:51] and all green grass was burnt up. 一切的青草也被烧了
[09:54] Nigel Warren? 奈吉·沃伦
[09:55] City Police. 市警局
[09:58] About five years ago, 大概五年前
[09:59] you hitched a lift off Dr. Matthew Laxman, 你搭了一位马修·拉克斯曼博士的车
[10:02] going out Bramford way. 他往布兰姆福德那边去
[10:04] I gave a statement at the time. 我当时做口供了
[10:05] To County, yes, not to us. 是对郡警局 不是对我们
[10:07] We are reviewing the case. 我们要重审此案
[10:08] Well, then, you’ll know I had an alibi. 那你们就知道我有不在场证明
[10:11] Did Laxman say anything about going to Bramford Mere? 拉克斯曼是否提到过要去布兰姆福德沼泽
[10:14] I thought he just said to Bramford. 他好像只是说去布兰姆福德
[10:16] He was in a pretty bad mood. 他当时心情很差
[10:17] I think some woman had got his back up. 好像被哪个女人惹怒了
[10:19] Did he say who? 他说是谁了吗
[10:21] His wife, I took it. 我猜是他妻子
[10:23] Right. 好
[10:24] Well, if anything else comes back to you, 如果你再记起什么
[10:26] we’re at Cowley Nick. 我们在考利警局
[10:27] Right. 好
[10:36] Get hold of a copy of the missing person’s poster 去找一份失踪启示
[10:38] and have a patrol car run you out to Bramford. 叫辆巡逻车送你去布兰姆福德
[10:41] Ask around. 打听一下
[10:42] See if you can jog any memories. 看能不能激起谁的回忆
[10:45] What? 怎么了
[10:47] Well… 嗯…
[10:48] We’re going to a lot of trouble over a pair of glasses, aren’t we? 我们为了一副眼镜这么大动干戈 是不是
[10:52] I mean if it had been Laxman’s body in the mere, 如果沼泽地发现的是拉克斯曼的尸体还行
[10:54] but it wasn’t. 但不是他
[10:56] Five years. 五年了
[10:58] If there was anything to be found, 如果真能找到什么
[10:59] County would have found it. 郡警局早找到了
[11:01] County couldn’t find their arse with both hands and a map. 郡警局双手拿着地图都找不到自己的屁股
[11:05] This time, we’re going to make sure it gets done right. 这次 我们要确保这案子妥当查好
[11:09] Meet me at the church around 5:00. 5点左右去教堂跟我碰面
[11:42] Thanks. 谢谢
[12:15] There you go, then, Seth. 给你 赛斯
[12:16] On tick, is it? 赊账 是吧
[12:17] Yeah, thank you. 对 谢谢
[12:18] See you on Saturday, shall we? 那周六见了
[12:20] I will try. 我尽量
[12:22] – Afternoon. – Afternoon. -下午好 -下午好
[12:27] Good afternoon, I’m Detective Constable Morse. 下午好 我是摩斯警员
[12:29] City Police. 市警局
[12:30] Oh, you’re a long way out then, aren’t you, my dear? 那你可走了挺远 亲爱的
[12:32] I’m looking into the disappearance of a Dr. Matthew Laxman. 我在调查一位马修·拉克斯曼博士的失踪
[12:35] He went missing from the area around five years ago. 他大概五年前在这一带失踪
[12:37] Yep, I remember. 我记得
[12:39] I told the police at the time I hadn’t seen him. 我当时跟警方说了 我没见过他
[12:41] Well, I just wondered if 我就是想问问
[12:43] you might’ve remembered anything in the meantime? 你此后是否回忆起了什么事
[12:46] No, sorry. 没有 抱歉
[12:50] Right. 好吧
[12:51] Well, thank you. 谢谢了
[12:56] What’s with the Morris Men? 那些跳莫里斯舞的人怎么回事
[12:58] They’re practicing their figures for Saturday. 在为周六练阵型
[13:00] Second Harvest– the Balance of the Year. 第二次收割 昼夜平分日
[13:02] – Autumnal equinox. – That’s right. -秋分 -没错
[13:04] Day and night. 日和夜
[13:05] Light and dark in perfect harmony. 光和暗完美和谐
[13:09] Well, thanks again. 再次感谢
[13:11] Not at all, my dear. 不客气 亲爱的
[13:12] Goddess bless thee. 女神保佑你
[13:39] – Hello. – No. -你好 -不
[13:55] Excuse me. 不好意思
[14:34] Hello. 你好
[14:34] I’m Detective Constable Morse, City Police, Miss… 我是摩斯警员 市警局 小姐是…
[14:37] Mrs. Levin– Ros. 是莱文太太 萝丝
[14:40] How do you do? 你好吗
[14:40] Oh, very well, thank you. 很好 谢谢
[14:43] I’m looking into the disappearance of a Dr. Matthew Laxman. 我在调查马修·拉克斯曼博士的失踪案
[14:46] He went missing about five years ago… 他大概五年前失踪的
[14:48] Oh, well, we’ve not been in the area very long. 我们并没搬来那么久
[14:51] Jon, my husband, works at the power plant. 乔恩 我丈夫 在电站工作
[14:54] Right– American? 好吧 美国人吗
[14:56] Omaha, Nebraska. 内布拉斯加州奥马哈
[14:58] And what do you make of it, Bramford? 你觉得这里怎么样 布兰姆福德
[15:00] Yeah, uh… 嗯
[15:02] Kind of quaint. 挺古雅的
[15:04] And the people seem nice, if a little strange. 人看上去不错 就是有点怪
[15:13] You should talk to Dowsable. 你该去找道瑟伯
[15:14] Uh, Miss Chattox. 查多克斯小姐
[15:16] She’s a house in the woods, 她在林子里有间房子
[15:17] at the bottom of the valley. 在山谷谷底
[15:22] Right. 好吧
[15:24] Well, thank you for your help. 多谢帮忙
[15:25] Yeah, you’re welcome. 不客气
[15:26] Good luck with everything. 祝你一切顺利
[16:11] Hello? 有人吗
[16:13] Miss Chattox? 查多克斯小姐
[16:20] Hello? 有人吗
[16:28] Hello? 有人吗
[16:30] – My name is… – Morse. -我叫 -摩斯
[16:32] That’s your name, isn’t it? 你叫这个 是吧
[16:35] Morse. 摩斯
[16:37] I’ve been expecting you. 我一直在等你
[16:41] You know you really oughtn’t go around pointing guns at people. 你真的不该随便拿枪指人
[16:44] I get all sorts coming here. 来这里的人各式各样
[16:45] Surveyors, water people, 测量员 水利局
[16:48] them buggers from the power station. 还有电站的混蛋
[16:50] Besides, you was trespassing. 再说 是你擅闯
[16:52] I thought you were expecting me. 你不是说你在等我吗
[16:54] What do you want coming here, 你为什么要跑到这里来
[16:56] troubling a poor defenseless old woman? 打扰一个可怜无助的老太婆
[16:58] You didn’t seem particularly defenseless 在我看来 你似乎也
[17:00] from where I was standing. 没那么无助
[17:01] I don’t know what you’re bothering me for. 我不知道你为什么要来打扰我
[17:03] I told that other policeman, the one that come before. 我跟之前来的那个警察都说了
[17:07] I never saw that Dr. Laxman. 我没见过那个拉克斯曼博士
[17:10] Well, that was County– I’m City. 那是郡警局 我是市警局的
[17:14] It was five years ago this weekend. 那是五年前的这个周末
[17:15] I know when he went. 我知道他什么时候失踪的
[17:17] The balance of the year, when the veil is thinnest. 昼夜平分日 帷幕最薄
[17:20] The veil? 帷幕
[17:21] Between the world of day and night. 阴阳界之间的帷幕
[17:25] The equinox is science, Miss Chattox. 昼夜平分日是有科学道理的 查多克斯小姐
[17:27] It’s not superstition. 不是迷信
[17:28] In any event, sometimes people remember things they forget. 总之 人们有时会又想起自己遗忘的事
[17:31] I don’t. 我不会
[17:32] Well, then, I’ve had a wasted journey. 那好吧 我白跑一趟了
[17:37] Good afternoon. 再见了
[17:38] The American girl sent you. 是那美国姑娘叫你来的
[17:42] You want to keep an eye on that one. 你可要小心她
[17:45] Darkness presses in close upon her. 黑暗在逼近她
[17:49] There are signs, if you know how to read them. 如果你会看 是有迹象的
[17:53] A lamb with two heads was born in the spring. 春天时 降生了一只双头羔羊
[17:58] You ask my grandson Seth if you don’t believe me. 你要不信 去问我孙子赛斯
[19:05] April 11, Joan’s birthday. 4月11日 琼的生日
[19:10] “Agnes Chattox, 艾格妮丝·查多克斯
[19:12] “April the 11th, 1623- 1623年4月11日生
[19:14] September 22, 1645, 1645年9月22日卒
[19:17] Spinster of This Parish.” 教区老处女
[19:19] I think I just met one of her relatives out in the woods. 我刚还在林子里遇见了一个她的亲戚呢
[19:21] Local wise woman– 本地女巫[聪明女人]
[19:23] or not. 也或者没那么聪明
[19:24] She were hanged. 她被绞死的
[19:27] Agnes. 艾格妮丝
[19:28] Tested and hanged. 测试后被绞死的
[19:30] For what? 因为什么
[19:30] Consorting with an imp. 与小鬼媾和
[19:32] And all other manner of black deviltries besides. 还做了各种其他邪恶的坏事
[19:36] Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. 行邪术的女人 不可容她存活
[19:38] Is that right, Mr…? 是吗 先生是…
[19:40] Zebulon Sadler. 扎比朗·萨德勒
[19:42] Sexton of All Souls. 教堂司事
[19:44] So you’ve found him, then, have you? 你们找到他了吗
[19:47] Him who’s been missing since ’62? 那个1962年就失踪的男人
[19:49] That’s why all your people’s all over the mere, isn’t it? 你们的人就是为这个去了沼泽吧
[19:51] – I don’t suppose you remember seeing him, do you? – No. -你不记得见过他吧 -不
[19:54] You won’t find anybody hereabouts as did. 你在这里不会找到见过他的人
[19:56] Why’s that? 为什么
[19:57] Because he never came here. 因为他没来过
[20:01] You seem very certain. 你好肯定
[20:02] Of course I’m certain– it was Harvest Weekend. 当然肯定 那是收割周末
[20:04] An outsider’d stand out like a sore thumb. 如果有外人来 肯定很显眼
[20:08] That’ll be the power plant. 那是电站
[20:10] They test their alarm bells every day about the same time. 他们每天大概同一时间测试警报
[20:13] Now, if you’ll excuse me, I got a burial to see to. 失陪了 我还得去打理一场葬礼
[20:27] I see you’ve met our sexton. 你们见过我们教堂司事了
[20:29] Curling your hair with tales of 他又说些魔鬼行走人间的话
[20:31] the devil walking abroad, was he? 让你们汗毛直竖了吧
[20:32] Something like that. 差不多吧
[20:34] He can lay it on a bit thick. 他有时是会比较夸张
[20:35] Particularly with strangers. 尤其是对陌生人
[20:38] Dr. Berger– Tristan. 博杰医生 崔斯坦
[20:40] D.I. Thursday. 瑟斯戴督察
[20:41] I’m the local sawbones. 我是本地医生
[20:43] I’ve a surgery in King’s Abbot, but I live here in Bramford. 我在金亚伯有间诊疗室 但我住在布兰姆福德
[20:46] You’re looking for that chap that went missing? 你们在找那个失踪者吧
[20:49] Laxman. 拉克斯曼
[20:49] You recollect anything? 你记得什么吗
[20:51] No, I’m afraid not. 恐怕不
[20:52] I was away that weekend. 我那周末没在
[20:54] Symposium in the Midlands. 去中部地区开讨论会了
[20:56] I could ask my sister, Selina. 我可以去问问我妹妹 瑟琳娜
[20:58] She keeps house for me at The Grange. 她帮我打理在格兰奇的房子
[21:01] Where can I reach you, if… 我要怎么找你们 如果我…
[21:03] Cowley Station. 考利警局
[21:05] Well, then, we won’t keep you. 那我们不耽搁你了
[21:07] Not at all, it was very good to meet you. 哪里 认识你们很高兴
[21:26] How was your day? 你今天过得如何
[21:28] Oh, it was an endless social whirl. 没完没了地跟人社交呢
[21:31] You’ll read all about it in next month’s Harper’s. 下个月的《哈泼杂志》会详尽刊载
[21:33] If you want to meet people, 如果你想认识人
[21:34] you’ve got to go into the village. 就得进村去
[21:35] You got to talk to them. 跟他们说话
[21:36] I don’t like the way some of them look at me. 我不喜欢他们一些人看我的眼神
[21:39] Well, try Oxford, then. 那就去牛津试试
[21:42] A policeman came by. 有个警察来过
[21:44] That broke the monotony. 这倒是打破了单调
[21:46] A cop? 警察
[21:48] What did he want? 他有什么事
[21:48] Someone went missing near here. 有人在这一带失踪了
[21:50] A botanist. 一个植物学家
[21:52] When was this? 什么时候的事
[21:52] Oh, years ago. 好几年前了
[21:54] Before we came here. 我们来之前
[22:32] I knew there was something not right about the Laxman case. 我就知道拉克斯曼案不对劲
[22:35] Right from the off– felt it in my water. 从一开始就感觉到了
[22:38] What about County– anything of any use there? 郡警局那边呢 有可用的线索吗
[22:42] Well I’ve been through County case files. 我翻看了郡警局的案卷
[22:44] It appears to have been a textbook investigation. 似乎是很规范的调查
[22:46] Well, that should tell you something from the start. 那就足以说明问题了
[22:49] Since when have County done a textbook anything? 郡警局什么时候讲求规范了
[22:51] There is one oddity. 但有一点挺奇怪
[22:53] They didn’t speak to anyone at Bramford Power Station. 他们完全没找布兰姆福德电站的人谈
[22:56] It’s just four miles up the road from where Laxman disappeared. 距拉克斯曼失踪地沿路只有四英里
[22:59] Huge staff. 人员众多
[23:00] 700 potential eyewitnesses, 七百名潜在目击证人
[23:01] and County didn’t speak to one of them. 郡警局完全没找过任何人问话
[23:03] See what you can dig out. 你去查查看
[23:04] Sir. 是 长官
[23:05] Goodnight, Mrs. Thursday. 晚安 瑟斯戴太太
[23:09] Win? 温
[23:10] Morse is going. 摩斯要走了
[23:15] She gets lost in her programs. 她看节目会很投入
[23:19] Tell me how you make out. 查到什么告诉我
[23:20] There was one more thing. 还有件事
[23:22] It’s, um, the autumnal equinox this weekend. 本周末是秋分
[23:25] I know because Bramford village 我之所以知道 是因为布兰姆福德村
[23:26] – make a big song and dance about it. – And? -对此很看重 会大肆庆祝 -怎么
[23:28] It was the autumnal equinox five years ago 拉克斯曼五年前失踪时
[23:30] when Laxman disappeared. 也正值秋分
[23:31] What’re you saying, they’re somehow connected? 怎么 这还有联系吗
[23:34] I don’t know, but it is curious. 我不知道 但挺奇怪的
[23:46] What’s the matter that you can’t say cheerio to Morse? 你是怎么了 都不能跟摩斯道个别吗
[23:51] Win? 温
[23:54] Winifred. 温妮弗雷德
[23:55] What’s going on? 你是怎么了
[23:59] I thought he was fond of her. 我还以为他喜欢她呢
[24:02] In his way. 以他的方式
[24:04] Police. 警察啊
[24:06] When it comes to murder, you can find a needle in a haystack, 发生了凶案 你能做到大海捞针
[24:09] but when it’s about your own daughter… 可事关你自己的女儿
[24:12] The pair of you’. 你们俩
[24:25] Police. 警察
[24:26] If you could pull over by the barrier. 请在栏杆前停下
[24:44] Do you have an appointment? 你是否有预约
[24:45] – No. – Then, I’m sorry, sir. -没有 -那抱歉 先生
[24:46] There’s no unauthorized access to the site. 电站禁止未授权访问
[24:51] This warrant card is my authority. 这张警察证就是我的授权
[24:54] Up to the gate, sir. 能到大门 先生
[24:55] Beyond that, you’ll need to make an appointment. 要再进里面 就需要预约
[24:57] With whom? 跟谁
[24:57] The appropriate ministry. 相关部门
[25:01] Turn the car around, sir. 调转车头吧 先生
[25:08] Look, in the last two hours, 这两小时里
[25:10] I have spoken to the Atomic Energy Authority, 我先找了原子能管理局
[25:12] who have referred me to the M.O.D. 他们让我去找国防部
[25:14] The M.O.D. have referred me 国防部又让我找
[25:15] to the permanent undersecretary’s office, 常务副部长办公室
[25:17] who have now referred me to you. 他们又让我来找你
[25:18] I just want to know how I get access 我只想知道要如何进入
[25:21] to Bramford Power Station. 布兰姆福德电站
[25:28] Right, well, thank you for nothing. 好吧 多谢你没帮忙了
[25:48] Rodents. 老鼠
[25:50] According to Dr. DeBryn. 德布林医生说的
[25:52] The specs. 眼镜
[25:56] The rats have had a nibble, haven’t they? 老鼠啃过了
[25:59] Anyway, you haven’t forgotten about tonight? 对了 今晚的事你没忘吧
[26:02] We’re counting on you. 我们指望你了
[26:04] Okay, ladies and gentlemen, 好了 女士们先生们
[26:06] – ready for the next question, – Thanks. -准备回答下个问题 -谢谢
[26:07] so get those thinking caps on, please. 开动脑筋吧
[26:09] Which famous film star, once married to Conrad Hilton, 哪位著名影星 是康拉德·希尔顿的前妻
[26:14] married her fifth husband in March of last year? 去年3月与第五任丈夫结婚了
[26:19] Elizabeth Taylor? 伊丽莎白·泰勒吗
[26:20] She’s been hitched tons. 她结过好几次婚了
[26:22] Zsa Zsa Gabor. 莎莎·嘉宝
[26:23] That’s it. 就是她
[26:24] Sport, now. 体育类
[26:25] Which player on the winning side 哪位获胜队的球手
[26:28] scored in both the semifinal and the final… 踢进了半决赛和决赛…
[26:36] Frank Saul, eh? 弗兰克·索尔
[26:37] Who’d’ve thought? 真没想到
[26:39] Chip? 薯条
[26:40] No, thank you. 不了 谢谢
[26:46] Listen, I’ve been meaning to say. 我一直想说
[26:48] Mate of mine in London’s starting a new unit. 我伦敦一个朋友要组建新队伍
[26:51] Asked me if I could recommend a good bagman. 问我能不能推荐个好副手
[26:53] Thought maybe after that knockback with your sergeant’s… 或许经过了你警长考试的那次挫折后…
[26:55] It were more than a knockback. 可不是一般的挫折
[26:57] Well, there you go. 就是啊
[26:59] If your face don’t fit, matey. 既然这里不留爷…
[27:02] Be automatic promotion. 能自动晋升
[27:03] More money. 涨工资
[27:04] London weighting. 还有伦敦的生活补贴
[27:06] It’s a solid offer. 好机会
[27:09] It’s a D.I. Craddock, Tintagel House. 克莱多克督察 廷杰戈堂
[27:11] We were at Hendon together. 我们是亨顿警校同学
[27:13] You should give him a call. 你该给他打个电话
[27:18] See you tomorrow. 明天见
[27:19] Good night. 晚安
[28:26] Little toerags. 小混蛋
[28:28] Sorry, matey. 真遗憾 伙计
[28:29] Oh, it’s one of those things. 就是倒霉嘛
[28:31] We see it enough. 我们不常见到
[28:32] Yeah, but you’re one of our own. 是啊 但你可是我们自己人
[28:34] Well, you can’t stay on here with it like this, can you? 乱成这样你也没法住了
[28:36] You’re welcome to doss at mine till you get yourself straight. 你收拾好之前 可以去我家住
[28:38] Oh, no. 不了
[28:40] Thank you, thanks. 谢谢你
[28:41] I’d sooner make a start. 我还是尽快开始收拾吧
[28:43] Right. 好吧
[28:45] Well, the offer’s there. 反正我的提议有效
[28:48] Chin up, matey. 振作点 伙计
[28:49] Shir. 雪莉
[28:51] Morse. 摩斯
[28:55] Strange said they made a right mess of things. 斯特兰奇说他们把家里都翻乱了
[28:57] Oh, it’s nothing, really. 没关系的
[28:59] Anything to go on? 有什么线索吗
[29:00] Scene of Crime have dusted for prints, 犯罪现场调查员已查了指纹
[29:01] so we’ll just have to wait and see. 只能等了
[29:05] Miss Berger called the station– from Bramford. 博杰小姐从布兰姆福德打电话去了警局
[29:07] The GP’s sister. 那个医生的妹妹
[29:22] Miss Berger? 博杰小姐
[29:23] – Yes. – D.I. Thursday, D.C. Morse. -对 -瑟斯戴督察 摩斯警员
[29:25] I believe you rang the station. 你给警局打过电话吧
[29:31] It was a Friday. 那是个周五
[29:32] I’d been into town to return my books to Boots 我去城里还书
[29:35] and to take in the matinée at the cinema. 还去电影院看了个日场
[29:38] On the way back to Bramford, 回布兰姆福德的路上
[29:39] the bus was held up a moment 公共汽车被耽搁了一会儿
[29:41] by a milk herd being brought back from pasture. 因为赶上了一群从草场回来的奶牛
[29:44] And that’s when I noticed it. 这时我就注意到了
[29:46] Noticed what? 注意到什么
[29:48] The car. 车
[29:49] A black Morris Oxford. 一辆黑色莫里斯牛津
[29:51] It had come off the road. 它冲出了大道
[29:52] Where was this? 是在哪
[29:53] About four miles out of the village. 距村子四英里处
[29:55] A couple of miles before the turnoff for the power station. 距去电站的岔路口还有两英里
[29:58] What time was this? 这是什么时间
[30:00] About 6:00? 大概6点吧
[30:02] Perhaps a little later. 也可能是过了6点
[30:05] I suppose I just put it out of my head. 我就是忘记这回事了
[30:08] Didn’t think any more about it. 再没去多想过了
[30:09] You didn’t notice it on the way into town? 你进城时没注意到它在吗
[30:11] No. 没有
[30:13] But the bus had to take a detour on the way in 但因为有棵树倒了 公共汽车进城时
[30:15] on account of a tree being down. 不得不绕了路
[30:17] How come you’ve remembered it now? 你怎么现在突然记起了
[30:19] Well, Tristan said the police were in the village 崔斯坦说警察来了村里
[30:20] asking questions, and… 问问题
[30:25] Hello again. 又见了
[30:26] Just popped home for some lunch. 我就回家来吃点午饭
[30:28] – I’m not interrupting? – Not at all, sir. -我没有打扰你们吧 -没有 先生
[30:31] Right. 好吧
[30:33] Well, I’ll leave you to it. 那你们继续吧
[30:37] Why didn’t you report it at the time, 拉克斯曼博士失踪的时候
[30:39] when Dr. Laxman went missing? 你为什么没上报呢
[30:41] I don’t suppose I put two and two together at all. 我当时没把这些事联系起来
[30:43] But I certainly don’t remember any mention of a car 但也我不记得警察第一次来询问时
[30:46] the first time the police came round. 提到过车的事
[30:47] You’re sure it was a Friday, then? 你确定是周五吗
[30:50] I thought so. 我想是的
[30:52] Of course, I… 当然 我
[30:54] I might be mistaken about when I saw it. 我也可能会弄错时间
[30:57] I seem to think it was early autumn. 我觉得好像是初秋的时候
[31:00] Certainly before I heard anything about Dr. Laxman. 绝对是在我听说拉克斯曼博士失踪的事之前
[31:02] What was the film that you saw? 你当时看的是什么电影
[31:05] You said you took in a matinee at the cinema. 你说你去电影院看了个日场
[31:08] It was five years ago now. 那都是五年前的事了
[31:11] Um, I think it was the one about 好像是那部讲
[31:13] the borstal boy who becomes a runner. 一名少年犯成为赛跑运动员的影片
[31:18] All right, thank you, Miss Berger. 好 谢谢你 博杰小姐
[31:20] That’s been most useful. 你提供了很大帮助
[31:24] They seemed nice, didn’t they? 他们看起来很友善 是吧
[31:25] Yes. 对
[31:27] I left some tongue in the fridge. 我在冰箱里留了一些舌头
[31:28] Did you see? 你看见了吗
[31:29] Yes, I did. 看见了
[31:31] Did you have some? 你吃了点没
[31:32] Yes. 吃了
[31:33] Was it nice? 还好吃吗
[31:36] It was, quite. 很不错
[31:37] Good– you’re not angry? 那就好 你没生气吧
[31:39] Good heavens, no. 当然没有
[31:41] You’re just doing your duty. 你只是在尽自己的责任
[31:43] I’m very proud of you. 我为你感到骄傲
[31:49] When will you be back? 你什么时候回来
[31:50] Late, I should think. 应该会比较晚
[31:51] Don’t wait up. 不用等我了
[32:24] Do you think it was Laxman’s car? 你觉得那是拉克斯曼的车吗
[32:28] Ask around the garages hereabouts. 在附近的汽修店打听一下
[32:31] See if anyone brought a Morris in for repair. 问问是否有人去修过一辆莫里斯
[32:33] Would think they would have been spoken to at the time, 按说他们当时应该接受过问话了
[32:35] wouldn’t you? 不是吗
[32:38] County. 郡警局
[32:39] If she even saw what she saw. 如果她所言非虚的话
[32:45] Laxman was anti-nuclear? 拉克斯曼是反核人士
[32:47] You think he had something to do with the power station? 你觉得他的事和电站有关吗
[32:51] Well, not necessarily. 不一定
[32:53] But it’s such a huge staff, 但那么多员工
[32:54] someone might have seen something. 也许有人看到了什么
[32:57] Problem is, I can’t get access to the site. 问题是 我无法进去调查
[32:59] Well, I’m due to go out there, interview the director, 我正准备去那里 采访主管
[33:01] chap called Elliott Blake. 艾略特·布雷克
[33:03] How’s that? 采访什么
[33:04] Their new reactor, Bramford B– 他们的新核反应堆 布兰姆福德B
[33:07] also known as “Goldenrod”– 代号”麒麟草”
[33:08] becomes operational this weekend. 这周末开始正式运转
[33:10] We’ve been invited to bang the drum. 我们被邀请去呐喊助威
[33:12] By whom? 谁邀请的
[33:13] Blake himself. 布雷克本人
[33:14] He’s the darling of the atomic industry, 他是原子工业的宠儿
[33:16] but there’s a lot of bad feeling about 但很多人不赞同他们
[33:18] their plans to flood the valley for a reservoir. 淹没山谷做水库的计划
[33:22] How are you with a camera? 你会用照相机吗
[33:26] Night, then. 晚安了
[33:27] Can we give you a lift? 要我们送你回去吗
[33:28] No, a patrol car can run me. 不用 我坐巡逻车回去
[33:32] What’s all this? 这些是什么
[33:33] From Morse’s place. 都是摩斯家的东西
[33:35] Scene of Crime are done with it. 犯罪现场调查员检查完了
[33:37] Wondered if he might want some of it back. 或许有些东西他还会想拿回去
[33:38] Anything? 查到什么没有
[33:40] Clean as a whistle. 毫无发现
[33:41] The only prints they turned up are his. 他们只查到他自己的指纹
[34:03] You all right, sir? 没事吧 长官
[34:09] Fine. 没事
[34:13] Fine. 没事
[34:44] Dorothea Frazil, Oxford Mail. 多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽 《牛津邮报》
[34:46] I’ve an appointment with Mr. Blake. 我和布雷克先生有约
[34:48] My photographer, Snappy Jenkins. 这是我的摄影师 斯奈皮·詹金斯
[34:51] Wait there. 在这儿等着
[34:52] Thank you. 谢谢
[34:55] Snappy? 斯奈皮
[34:56] Well, you can be. 你有时就是
[35:03] Elliott Blake, director of operations. 我是艾略特·布雷克 运营主管
[35:05] Welcome to Bramford. 欢迎来到布兰姆福德
[35:06] Thank you. 谢谢
[35:07] This is your photographer, is it? 这是你的摄影师吗
[35:10] For today. 仅限今天
[35:11] But the rest of the time, 但其余时候
[35:12] he works for the City Police. 他在市警局工作
[35:15] Detective Constable Morse. 我是摩斯警员
[35:18] He tried to get on to the site to see you. 他一直想进站见你
[35:19] Without success. 却屡屡受挫
[35:20] I was told someone from Oxford City Police had been by. 是有人告诉我牛津市警局来人找过我
[35:23] – That was you, I take it. – Yes, that was me. -那就是你咯 -没错 是我
[35:25] A Dr. Matthew Laxman who worked at the Botanic Gardens, 有一位在植物园工作的马修·拉克斯曼博士
[35:28] he went missing from the area around five years ago. 五年前在这附近失踪了
[35:31] Yes, I remember. 对 我有印象
[35:33] Though what has that to do with the station? 但这和电站有什么关系
[35:34] It appears some of our colleagues at County 我们在郡警局的同事
[35:36] failed to question anyone on the site. 当时似乎并未来电站做过问询
[35:38] Do you remember Matthew Laxman visiting the station? 你是否记得马修·拉克斯曼来过电站
[35:41] Well, we work very closely with many scientific departments, 我们跟很多科学部门密切合作过
[35:44] but I can’t recall ever receiving 但我并不记得接待过
[35:46] a delegation from the Botanic Gardens. 来自植物园的代表团
[35:50] But you’re welcome to join Miss Frazil for the tour. 但欢迎你跟弗雷泽小姐一起来参观
[36:46] Bramford has been in operation since shortly after the war. 布兰姆福德是在战后不久投入运营的
[36:49] Early work here 这里的早期工作
[36:50] helped Britain take its rightful place at the atomic table. 让英国在原子能领域获得了应有的地位
[36:54] Keeping up with Uncle Sam. 跟上美国的步伐
[36:55] And Uncle Joe. 还有苏联
[36:58] Please put these on. 请戴上这个
[36:59] What is it? 是什么
[37:00] Film badge dosimeter. 照射量测定软片
[37:01] It’s purely a precaution, but safety is our priority. 纯属预防措施 但安全是我们的首要考虑
[37:05] What does it measure? 测量什么的
[37:06] Cumulative radiation dose. 积累辐射量
[37:08] Should there be any exposure, the film will darken. But 如果遭到辐射 软片会变黑
[37:12] don’t worry. 但别担心
[37:13] That won’t happen. 不会发生那种事的
[37:16] Well, that’s put my mind at rest. 那我就安心了
[37:22] I suppose Morse told you. 是摩斯告诉你的吧
[37:25] I asked him not to say anything. 我叫他别说了
[37:27] He gave me his word. 他还保证了
[37:29] He kept it. 他没食言
[37:31] I told you not to look for me. 我叫你别找我了
[37:34] You’re my daughter. 你是我女儿
[37:36] Of course I’m going to look for you. 我当然要找你
[37:40] I didn’t come here to row. 我不是来吵架的
[37:42] Good. 好
[37:59] Nice place. 地方不错
[38:00] It’s all right. 还好吧
[38:02] What’re you doing for work? 你在做什么工作
[38:05] A boutique in Leamington. 利明顿一家精品店
[38:07] Oh, and what’s this? Afternoon off? 那现在是下午休假吗
[38:09] Half-day closing. 关店半日
[38:20] Who is he? 那男人是谁
[38:23] Why has there always got to be a he? 为什么肯定得有个男人
[38:25] Unless you’ve started smoking Weights. 这烟难道是你的
[38:27] Is this what we raised you to? 我们就把你养成了这样吗
[38:28] Some bloke’s fancy piece? 给男人做小老婆
[38:30] He’s nice. 他人不错
[38:31] Married? Kids? 有老婆 有孩子了
[38:33] He’s going to leave her. 他会离开她的
[38:34] That what he told you? 他跟你说的吗
[38:35] I thought that you said you didn’t come here for a row. 你不是说你不是来吵架的吗
[38:38] Come home. 回家去
[38:43] This building houses our new fast breeder reactor, 这栋楼里是我们的新快中子增殖反应堆
[38:46] Goldenrod. 麒麟草
[38:48] It’s due to join the National Grid this weekend. 本周末就将加入国家电网
[38:57] So who was he, this Dr. Laxman? 他是什么人 这个拉克斯曼博士
[38:59] He was a friend of Professor Bagley. 他是巴格利教授的朋友
[39:01] Do you know him? 你认识他吗
[39:01] Bramford probably wouldn’t have existed without him. 没有他 可能就不会有布兰姆福德
[39:04] Professor Bagley proved vital to Britain’s efforts 巴格利教授对于英国发展自己的
[39:07] in developing its own nuclear capability. 核能力至关重要
[39:11] Before he lost his way, of course. 当然了 是在他迷失方向之前
[39:12] How’s that? 怎么说
[39:14] His wife was with him at Woomera and the Montebello Islands 他妻子随他一起去了乌梅洛和蒙特贝洛岛
[39:14] 均在澳大利亚 英国核试验对澳大利亚的残留影响极大
[39:18] for the first British nuclear tests. 观看英国首次核试验
[39:20] Later, she developed a particularly aggressive leukemia. 之后 她患上了一种恶性白血病
[39:24] And Bagley blamed himself. 巴格利感到自责
[39:26] When she died, 她死后
[39:27] he recanted his admiration for atomic energy. 他不再支持核能源了
[39:31] Disavowed his achievements. 否认了自己的成就
[39:33] That’s understandable, in the circumstances. 考虑到他的情况 这情有可原
[39:36] Perhaps, but… 或许吧 但是
[39:38] You can’t disinvent the wheel. 你无法撤销轮子的发明
[39:40] Please. 请
[39:45] Let me show you the control room. 我带你们去控制室
[39:51] How’s Mum? 妈妈怎么样了
[39:58] Half out of her mind with worry. 担心得要疯了
[40:01] You could’ve called, just to… set her mind at rest. 你就不能打个电话 让她安下心来
[40:04] I couldn’t. 我不能
[40:06] She’d have got around me. 她会说服我回去的
[40:07] Would that have been the end of the world? 那就那么糟吗
[40:08] See? 看
[40:10] That’s why I had to go. 所以我才必须走
[40:13] If I come home, 如果我回家
[40:15] what then? 然后呢
[40:18] Back to the 9:00 to 5:00? 回去朝九晚五吗
[40:20] Tea in front of the telly? 在电视机前吃晚饭
[40:22] The Saturday dates with some nice boy 周六找个绝不会把手
[40:24] who won’t try and put his hand up my skirt? 伸进我裙子里的好男孩约会
[40:26] – Joan… – Is-is that what you want me to be? -琼 -你是希望我变成那样吗
[40:30] The engagement party? 订婚派对
[40:32] Uncle Charlie’s blue jokes at the wedding? 查理叔叔在婚礼上讲黄段子
[40:34] Two-up, two-down on some new estate, 在新小区买栋上下各两间屋的房子
[40:36] every house the same, with a pram in the hall? 左邻右舍都一模一样 走廊里还有辆婴儿车
[40:38] Why not? 有什么不好
[40:40] We’d have been glad of something like that, 我们当年要有那条件会乐坏的
[40:41] your mother and me. 我和你妈
[40:43] You’re too young to remember, but… 你太小不会记得 但是
[40:45] Our first two years of married life 我们刚结婚的头两年
[40:47] after I’d come back from the war, 战后 我刚回来时
[40:48] we lived with your nan and granddad over the ironmongers’. 我们跟你爷爷奶奶一起住在五金店楼上
[40:52] Moved into the prefab, we thought we’d won the pools. 搬进预制房屋时 简直感觉像中了大奖
[40:55] I’m not you and mum. 我不是你和妈妈
[41:00] And it’s not your life, it’s mine. 这不是你的人生 是我的
[41:10] I’m her father. 我是她父亲
[41:13] Ray. 雷
[41:22] Pleased to meet you. 认识你很高兴
[41:27] You want me to come back? 要我待会儿再来吗
[41:28] Take no notice, he’s just leaving. 不必 他就走了
[41:31] I’m not done here. 我没完事呢
[41:32] Oh, I think you are, mate. 我看你是没事了 伙计
[41:48] Is this really what you want? 这真是你想要的吗
[41:53] Well. 好吧
[41:57] You’ve made your bed. 路是你自己选的
[42:11] And the radioactive material… 那些辐射材料
[42:13] Is it safe? 安全吗
[42:14] Perfectly. 非常安全
[42:15] There’s more radioactivity comes down the Thames from Oxford 牛津医院流入泰晤士河的辐射
[42:18] due to the hospitals than comes out of Bramford. 都比布兰姆福德发出得多
[42:22] Goldenrod is controlled by a computer, 麒麟草是由一台电脑控制
[42:25] thus removing the risk of human error. 这就排除了人为错误的风险
[42:28] The latest Joint Computing Nexus model. 最新的共享超级计算机
[42:32] Presumably there’s a human failsafe, beyond the computer. 但还有电脑之外的手动故障保险措施吧
[42:36] Dr. Levin, this is Miss Frazil of the Oxford Mail 莱文博士 这是《牛津邮报》的弗雷泽小姐
[42:38] and, uh, Detective Constable Morse of the City Police. 和市警局的摩斯警员
[42:41] I’m been giving them a tour of the facility. 我在带他们参观电站
[42:43] Perhaps you could allay their fears. 或许你可以安抚他们的担忧
[42:46] Of course, of course– well, uh, well, naturally, 没问题 当然了
[42:48] we do retain a human failsafe, 我们还有手动故障保险措施
[42:51] based on the, uh, the SCRAM system. 是基于紧急停堆系统
[42:54] Don’t be alarmed, it’s just a test. 别担心 只是测试
[42:57] Well, I have a few questions 我还有些问题
[42:59] about Goldenrod’s contribution to the arms race, Mr. Blake. 是关于麒麟草对军备战的影响 布雷克先生
[43:01] I’m sure Morse will excuse us. 摩斯不会介意我们失陪吧
[43:04] Oh, Dr. Levin will be happy to answer 莱文博士会乐意回答
[43:06] any further questions you may have. 你任何的其他问题
[43:08] And if you could dig out those visitors’ books, 麻烦你找一下访客名册
[43:10] I’d appreciate it. 多谢了
[43:12] Of course. As Miss Frazil said, 当然 像弗雷泽小姐说的
[43:15] we’ve nothing to hide. 我们无可隐瞒
[43:34] Hello, Ray. 你好 雷
[43:37] Now look, mate. 听着 伙计
[43:38] I’m not your mate– get up’. 我不是你的伙计 起来
[43:41] I’ll have the bloody law on you. 我要报警抓你
[43:42] I am the law. 我就是警察
[43:43] Detective Inspector Fred Thursday. 弗莱德·瑟斯戴督察
[43:47] 589LFT 5-8-9, Lima, Foxtrot, Tango.
[43:50] In five minutes, 五分钟内
[43:51] I’ll know everything there is to know about you, 我就能了解你的一切
[43:53] from your home address to your inside leg. 从你的家庭住址 到你的裤长
[43:54] Yeah, I’ll report you’. 那我去举报你
[43:55] No, you won’t’. 你不会的
[43:57] You come near her again, I’ll fit you up for a nonse 你再敢靠近她 我就给你按个莫须有的罪名
[43:59] and have you in chokey so fast, 你还来不及搞清楚怎么回事
[44:01] you’ll wonder what’s hit you. 就被关进监狱
[44:02] You can’t do that. 你不能那么做
[44:02] Watch me. 等着瞧
[44:42] I met your wife the other day. 我前两天见过你妻子
[44:44] Regarding a Matthew Laxman. 事关一位马修·拉克斯曼
[44:47] Yes, yes, she said. 是的 她说了
[44:49] But I’m-I’m sure she told you 但她也跟你说了吧
[44:50] we’ve, uh, we’ve not been in England that long. 我们来英国没那么久
[44:54] And how are you finding it? 你觉得这里怎么样
[44:57] There’s a lot of misunderstanding amongst the public 公众对原子能有很多
[44:59] when it comes to atomic energy. 误解
[45:01] On the one hand, 一方面
[45:02] the plant has turned Bramford into a bit of a boomtown. 电站让布兰姆福德发展了起来
[45:05] On the other, a cow’s milk turns bad, 另一方面 谁家奶牛的奶变质了
[45:08] or a bad harvest… 或哪年收成不好了
[45:09] The plant gets the blame. 电站就会背锅
[45:11] Oh, it’s just ignorance. 只是无知罢了
[45:12] So you wouldn’t call Professor Bagley ignorant, presumably. 你不会说巴格利教授无知吧
[45:16] You know Donald? 你认识唐纳德
[45:17] Yes, I’ve met him– do you? 是 我见过他 你呢
[45:19] Sure, sure. 当然
[45:20] Prometheus Unbound was required reading for any physics major. 《解放了的普罗米修斯》可是物理专业必读书
[45:23] He’s been a hero to me for as long as I can recall. 他一直都是我的英雄
[45:26] I saw him whenever I came to England. 我以前每次来英国都去看他
[45:28] In fact, I wouldn’t be here without him. 没有他 我也不会在这里
[45:31] How’s that? 怎么说
[45:32] Oh, he gave me a reference. 是他给了我推荐
[45:34] The name Donald Bagley still opens doors at Bramford. 唐纳德·巴格利的大名仍能在布兰姆福德敲开大门
[45:38] When were you in England? 你都什么时候来过英国
[45:40] You said you visited Professor Bagley. 你说你”以前”去看过巴格利教授
[45:41] Yeah, uh, winter of ’59, uh, fall of ’62, 1959年冬 1962年秋
[45:45] and again in ’65. 还有1965年秋
[45:47] Fall ’62– September? 1962年秋 9月吗
[45:50] It’s just, earlier, you said that you… 但是你之前说…
[45:51] Oh, uh, I was talking about Ros and me. 我是指我和萝丝
[45:53] As husband and wife. 作为夫妻
[45:54] We weren’t in England then. 我们当时还没搬来英国
[45:56] So you could have been here when Laxman disappeared. 所以拉克斯曼失踪时 你可能就在这里
[45:59] Yeah, yeah, sure. 可能吧
[46:01] I’d, I’d have to check my diary, but, uh… 我得去查查我的日志了
[46:03] Like I said, I never met the guy. 我说了 我没见过他
[46:12] I’m going away at the weekend. 我周末要出门
[46:15] Might not be back for some time. 可能要走好一阵
[46:16] I wonder, could I leave one or two things with you, 不知我可否留一两样东西给你
[46:20] for safekeeping? 代为保管
[46:21] Of course. 当然
[46:23] Is everything all right, Donald? 一切都好吗 唐纳德
[46:25] Oh, yes. 当然
[46:27] It will be. 会好的
[46:34] Just drop me here. 我就在这里下
[46:35] Are you sure? 你确定吗
[46:37] Oh, I need some fresh air. 我需要呼吸新鲜空气
[46:41] All well? 一切都好吗
[46:43] You seem a little out of sorts. 你有点不知所措
[46:45] My flat was burgled. 我公寓被入室盗窃了
[46:48] Bad luck. 真倒霉
[46:50] Maybe. 或许吧
[46:53] Or maybe someone’s trying to tell me something. 也或许是有人在向我发出信号
[46:56] Like what? 什么信号
[46:58] Go west, young man. 去西部吧 小伙子
[46:58] 出处有争议 但指的是美国西部拓荒
[47:02] Or south. 或南下
[47:04] London, maybe. 或许去伦敦
[47:06] A man might lose himself there. 人可能会在那里迷失
[47:09] You want to be lost? 你想迷失[滚蛋]吗
[47:11] Well, might as well make it official. 何不正式滚蛋呢
[47:19] There’s a job in the offing. 有份工作邀约
[47:25] What’s this? 怎么回事
[47:27] Girl trouble? 姑娘烦恼吗
[47:30] I haven’t got a girl. 我没有姑娘
[47:33] Maybe that’s the trouble. 或许那就是烦恼所在
[47:39] Thanks. 谢谢你了
[50:01] Why didn’t you say that Dr. Laxman had come here? 你怎么不说拉克斯曼博士来过
[50:05] I got enough trouble without being tied up in all that. 我麻烦够多了 可不想扯上那事
[50:09] They want me gone, don’t they? 他们要我搬走 不是吗
[50:12] Who? 谁
[50:12] The power station people. 电站的人
[50:15] They want me gone so they can flood all this 他们要我搬走 好把这里淹了
[50:18] and turn it into a reservoir. 变成水库
[50:21] Well, I won’t go. 我不走
[50:22] And they can’t make me. 他们别想逼我
[50:24] Well, what did he want, Dr. Laxman? 他找你什么事 拉克斯曼博士
[50:29] I can’t remember. 我不记得了
[50:31] Something to do with the Bram, maybe, 跟布兰姆有关吧
[50:33] the stream that runs through the valley? 流过山谷的小溪
[50:37] So why did he end up with a tarot card in his pocket? 他兜里怎么会揣了张塔罗牌
[50:44] I did a reading for him and he took it. 我给他算了命 他就拿走了
[50:49] That doesn’t sound a particularly nice thing to do. 那听上去不太礼貌啊
[50:52] He wasn’t nice. 他并不礼貌
[50:53] So what, he just did it out of mischief? 所以他是为了捣乱那么做的吗
[50:57] Or spite. 或出于恶意
[50:58] Perhaps he didn’t like what the cards had to say. 或许他不喜欢牌的结果
[51:03] Maybe he spoiled the pack 或许他动牌
[51:04] because he thought he could change his future. 是因为他自以为能改变未来
[51:07] Why, what did they predict? 怎么了 牌算出什么了
[51:09] That a woman would bring him to ruin. 一个女人会给他带来灾难
[51:15] I could do a reading for you, if you like. 我也可以给你算命 如果你愿意
[51:18] Oh, no, you’re all right– thank you. 不用了 谢谢
[51:20] You came here seeking answers, didn’t you? 你不是来寻求答案的吗
[51:31] Now, first, you must ask a question of the cards. 首先 你得问牌个问题
[51:39] Will I find out what happened to Dr. Laxman? 我能查明拉克斯曼博士的遭遇吗
[51:44] The first card stands for yourself. 第一张牌代表你自己
[51:49] No, it’s not a bad card. 不 这牌不坏
[51:51] Ruled by Uranus, the Fool 愚人牌对应天王星
[51:53] is a symbol of the soul’s journey. 象征了灵魂的旅程
[51:56] It stands for change. 代表了改变
[51:58] What can you tell me about Bramford Mere? 关于布兰姆福德沼泽你都知道什么
[52:01] There are things in the world older than you know. 这世上有比你所知更古老的东西
[52:06] We come and go, but the land endures. 我们来来去去 但土地会保留下来
[52:12] Behind you… 你后面
[52:15] Oh, the Lovers inverted. 是恋人逆位
[52:16] You’ve been unlucky in love. 你的爱情之路一直不顺
[52:18] Who hasn’t? 谁不是呢
[52:21] There’s a maize field about a mile east of here. 这里往东一英里处有片玉米田
[52:24] Who does it belong to? 那是谁的
[52:25] Zebulon Sadler– he lives down the lane. 扎比朗·萨德勒 他住在路那边
[52:27] Now, before you… 你前面是
[52:30] Judgment. 审判
[52:31] The heart of the matter– 最关键的
[52:34] The Tower struck down. 雷劈高塔
[52:37] Crossed by… 同时还有
[52:42] Don’t tell me. 我猜猜
[52:45] I’m going on a long journey. 我要踏上远行了
[52:47] By sea perhaps. 或许还是出海
[52:49] Where I’ll meet a tall, dark stranger. 然后在那里遇见高大神秘的人
[52:51] Your question will find its answer, 你的问题自会有解答
[52:53] but it may not be the one you seek. 但未必是你想要的那个
[52:56] And for Capricorns, tomorrow will be Saturday. 对于摩羯座的人 明天是周六
[52:59] Thank you for your time. 谢谢你抽时间
[53:03] You are going on a journey. 你是要踏上行程
[53:07] Death waits at the end. 终点有死亡
[53:10] But not for you. 但不是你的死
[53:43] Mr. Sadler? 萨德勒先生
[54:25] One of my boys saw it early Sunday morning. 我一个小工周六清早看到的
[54:28] We towed it back to the barn with the tractor. 我们用拖拉机拖回了谷仓
[54:30] We were going to sell the parts off. 我们本打算拆了卖零件
[54:32] And then the balloon went up. 但之后出事了
[54:34] It was his, wasn’t it? 是他的 对吧
[54:35] Dr. Laxman’s. 拉克斯曼博士的
[54:38] So you put it in the barn, 所以你就把它放在谷仓里
[54:39] covered it in tarpaulin, and it’s been there ever since. 用防水布盖上 再就没动过
[54:41] Well, we didn’t want people thinking 我们不希望大家以为
[54:42] that we had anything to do with what happened to him. 我们跟他的事有关
[54:45] We just found the car. 我们只是发现了他的车
[54:53] What’s that when it’s at home? 那是什么玩意
[54:54] “Meter Survey Radiac No. 2.” 辐射测量仪2型
[54:57] Geiger counter. 盖革计数器
[54:58] What, for radiation and whatnot? 什么 测辐射的吗
[55:00] And whatnot, yes. 对
[55:02] And this. 还有这个
[55:06] There’s a scarecrow in your field wearing Dr. Laxman’s jacket. 你地里有个稻草人穿着拉克斯曼博士的衣服
[55:09] That’s what I came to see you about. 我就是为这事来找你
[55:11] Care to explain? 要解释一下吗
[55:12] I don’t know anything about that. 那我可不知道
[55:13] It wasn’t in his car? 没在他车里吗
[55:15] No. 没
[55:16] I don’t know where it came from. 我不知道是哪来的
[55:20] Well, I think we’d best carry this on down the station. 我们最好还是去警局说吧
[55:23] Sergeant. 警长
[55:27] Oh, and there was this. 还有这个
[55:28] It’s a film badge dosimeter. 是照射量测定软片
[55:30] From Laxman’s jacket. 在拉克斯曼外套里发现的
[55:34] I went to Leamington. 我去过利明顿了
[55:45] You should have said something. 你怎么不说
[55:49] What could I have said? 我还能说什么
[55:50] That you’d seen her. 你见到她了
[55:51] That she was all right. 她没事
[55:56] It wasn’t my place. 轮不到我说
[55:56] It wasn’t your place to go looking for her, 那也轮不到你去找她
[55:58] but you still did, didn’t you? 你不还是去了吗
[56:04] Well. 好吧
[56:10] Maybe we both had a wasted trip. 或许我们都白跑了一趟
[56:21] I found this in Laxman’s glovebox. 我在拉克斯曼的杂物箱里发现了这个
[56:27] The Grange. 格兰奇
[56:28] That’s Dr. Berger’s address. 那是博杰博士的地址
[56:30] He was away that weekend, wasn’t he? 他不是说那周末出去了吗
[56:32] You’d better go and find out what’s what. 你最好去查个明白
[57:01] I’ve only got Tristan by way of male company, 我从来只有崔斯坦一个男人作伴
[57:04] and he’s my brother. 他是我哥哥
[57:06] So we had lunch. 所以我们吃了午饭
[57:09] – You knew he was married? – No. -你知道他已经结婚了吗 -不知道
[57:11] No, not then. 当时不知道
[57:13] I think he mentioned it the second time I saw him. 好像是我们第二次见时他才提
[57:17] But he and his wife weren’t happy with each other. 但他和他妻子并不幸福
[57:19] She’d found somebody else. 她也有别人了
[57:22] Anyway I’d told him I usually go to the cinema, 反正 我告诉他 我一般会去看电影
[57:24] so we went together. 我们就一起去了
[57:27] I let him kiss me, 我让他吻我
[57:30] and we arranged to meet again the following Friday. 我们说好下周五再见面
[57:32] Here? 在这里吗
[57:33] That’s right. 对
[57:34] Tristan was away for the weekend at a symposium. 崔斯坦周末会参加讨论会 所以不在
[57:37] I offered to cook supper. 我说会给他做晚饭
[57:38] Why on earth didn’t you mention this before? 你之前为什么不说
[57:41] People talk. 人们会说闲话
[57:42] Especially in Bramford. 尤其是在布兰姆福德
[57:43] – So he came then? – Yes. -所以他来过 -对
[57:45] We ate, and he must have left about 10:00. 我们吃了饭 他大概10点离开的
[57:51] That night? 当晚吗
[57:54] On Saturday morning. 周六早上
[57:58] So all of that business about seeing his car on the Friday, 所以你说什么周五看到过他的车
[58:01] what was that? 那算什么
[58:02] I saw it early on the Sunday morning 我周日清早看到的
[58:04] when I went to pick up Tristan from the station. 我当时去车站接崔斯坦
[58:32] Friend of Miss Berger’s, is it? 博杰小姐的朋友 是吗
[58:35] I’m sorry? 什么
[58:38] What’s your business up here? 你来这里干什么
[58:40] Police business. 警方事务
[58:42] – Yours? – I saw the car. -你呢 -我看到了车
[58:43] Seth Chattox. 赛斯·查多克斯
[58:44] I’m just down the lane a ways. 就住在这条路那边
[58:45] I keep an eye out for her if Dr. Berger’s working late. 博杰博士晚归时 我会替她多留意
[58:48] Is that right? 是吗
[58:49] Have you known them long? 你认识他们很久了吗
[58:50] Oh, ever since they moved here. 自他们搬来就认识了
[58:52] Eight years ago now, I think. 八年了吧
[58:55] Was it you I saw with another fella on the road 我前两天是看到你跟另一个家伙
[58:57] by the lower pasture the other day? 在草地坡下吗
[58:59] He had a hat on. 他戴了帽子
[59:00] Yes, that’s right. 是我
[59:01] What were you doing there? 你们去那里干什么
[59:02] There was a sighting of a car, went missing five years ago. 有人曾看到一辆车 五年前失踪了
[59:05] It belonged to a Dr. Matthew Laxman. 是马修·拉克斯曼博士的
[59:09] I don’t suppose you saw it. 你没看到过吗
[59:10] No. 没有
[59:11] Can’t say as I did. 没看到过
[59:14] Is that what all the police are doing down by the mere? 沼泽那边那么多警察就是为了这个吗
[59:17] Looking for him? 找他
[59:18] Yes, that’s right. 没错
[59:21] Well, good luck with it. 那祝你们好运了
[59:26] Away, Kip. 走吧 基普
[1:00:11] 11:00 a.m., eighth floor, Tintagel House. 上午11点 九楼 廷杰戈堂
[1:00:16] Thank you, sir. 谢谢 长官
[1:00:18] Look forward to meeting you. 期待跟你见面
[1:00:21] Thank you. 谢谢
[1:00:34] Fetched you a rabbit, Gammer. 给你抓了只兔子 奶奶
[1:00:36] Put it in the kitchen. 放厨房里
[1:00:37] There’s tea in the pot. 壶里有茶
[1:00:39] Aye. 好
[1:00:40] I saw that copper you said about. 我看到你说的那个警察了
[1:00:42] – Morse. – Where’s this? -摩斯 -在哪
[1:00:44] By the Grange. 格兰奇附近
[1:00:45] You want to keep clear of the Bergers. 你最好离博杰兄妹远点
[1:00:48] Him and her both. 他和她都是
[1:00:52] There’s nothing for the likes of us up there. 那里没有属于我们的东西
[1:00:57] Hear me? 听到了吗
[1:01:00] I’ll chop you some logs. 我给你劈点柴
[1:01:08] I’m afraid I’ve no idea what Matthew would have wanted 我恐怕真不知道马修为何要拿
[1:01:12] with a Geiger counter. 盖革计数器
[1:01:14] Really? 是吗
[1:01:15] He never discussed it with you? 他没跟你说过吗
[1:01:19] He never mentioned the power station? 他没提过电站吗
[1:01:21] He wouldn’t have. 他不会提的
[1:01:22] He knew better. 他清楚不该提
[1:01:24] Having been midwife to the devil, 我做了魔鬼的接生婆
[1:01:27] Bramford’s rather a sore point with me. 布兰姆福德是我的痛处
[1:01:31] Progress, sir. 进步啊 先生
[1:01:33] Oh, yes? You think so? 是吗 你这么认为吗
[1:01:35] Well, I suppose I did too. 我想我也曾这么认为吧
[1:01:39] Can I offer you a sherry? 要来点雪利酒吗
[1:01:42] No, thank you, sir. 不了 谢谢 先生
[1:01:43] That’s all I came to ask. 我就是来问这个
[1:01:45] I best get home. 我得回家了
[1:01:47] Are you married, Inspector? 你结婚了吗 督察
[1:01:49] Yes, sir– 26 years. 是的 26年了
[1:01:52] Same as Anne and me. 我和安也是
[1:01:59] Well, goodnight then, sir. 那祝您晚安了 先生
[1:02:04] Goodnight. 晚安
[1:02:14] Home. 我回来了
[1:02:15] Fred. 弗莱德
[1:02:17] Joan’s rang. 琼来电话了
[1:02:18] She’s all right. 她没事
[1:02:19] She said she’s fine 她说她没事
[1:02:21] and she’s settled and everything’s all right. 她安顿下来了 一切都好
[1:02:23] She didn’t say where, 她没说在哪
[1:02:25] and I didn’t ask about coming home, 我也没要她回家
[1:02:27] ’cause I didn’t want to push it, 因为我不想逼她
[1:02:29] but she said she’d ring again next week. 但她说她下周会再来电话
[1:02:33] That’s a relief, eh? 这就放心了 是吧
[1:02:36] Yeah. 是啊
[1:02:38] Yeah, that’s, uh… 是啊 是…
[1:02:41] yeah. 是啊
[1:02:42] I’m going to have a Mackesons to celebrate. 我要来瓶啤酒庆祝
[1:03:02] Evening, sir. 晚上好 长官
[1:03:03] I wonder if you had a moment. 不知您是否有空
[1:03:07] It’s about my sergeant’s exam. 是关于我的警长考试
[1:03:10] I’ve been thinking about what you said. 我考虑了您说的话
[1:03:13] About me leaving Oxford. 关于我离开牛津
[1:03:15] You’re right. 您是对的
[1:03:16] There’s nothing to keep me here. 我在这里并无牵挂
[1:03:17] No family. 没有家人
[1:03:22] I’ve been offered to join a new unit. 我受邀加入一个新小队
[1:03:25] In London. 在伦敦
[1:03:29] It means rank. 能直接晋升
[1:03:32] Well… 好吧
[1:03:38] It goes without saying we should miss your abilities. But 不用说 我们会遗憾失去你这样的能人
[1:03:43] you must do what you think right. 但你得选择自己认为对的路
[1:03:44] For an officer of your talent to remain a detective constable 你这样优秀的警官一直只做警员
[1:03:47] would be a waste of material. 实在是浪费人才
[1:03:50] Believe me, Morse, I’ve seen it all too often. 相信我 摩斯 这种事我见太多了
[1:03:53] Better men passed over in favor of mediocrity 才干被庸人取代
[1:03:56] because they weren’t clubbable. 只因他们不够圆滑
[1:04:00] So you think I should take it? 所以您觉得我该接受吗
[1:04:01] That’s a matter entirely for you. 这完全是你的决定
[1:04:04] You’ll forgive the presumption, 原谅我这样认为
[1:04:05] you’re a man, I think, more used to putting 但我觉得你是个总先考虑他人
[1:04:07] the concerns of others before himself. 后考虑自己的人
[1:04:11] Perhaps, in this instance, you should consider 或许这次 你该考虑
[1:04:13] what’s in your own best interest. 怎样对你才最好
[1:04:51] Hello. 你好
[1:04:53] Hello. 你好
[1:04:59] Do you want to come in? 你想进来吗
[1:05:01] Yeah. 好
[1:05:36] It’s not how I imagined. 跟我想得不太一样
[1:05:46] Where is he? 他在哪
[1:05:48] – Where is he?’ – No, it wasn’t his fault. -他在哪 -不 不怪他
[1:05:50] – It was me. – Don’t say that. -是我的错 -别那么说
[1:05:51] Morse, please, it was me. 摩斯 拜托 是怪我
[1:05:53] I provoked him. 是我激他了
[1:06:02] He’s, um, 他…
[1:06:05] given me a couple of weeks to get out of the flat. 给了我两周时间搬出公寓
[1:06:11] You should go home. 你该回家
[1:06:14] I can’t. 我不能
[1:06:15] Of course you can. 你当然能
[1:06:16] I can’t. 我不能
[1:06:20] I’ve made such a mess. 我做错太多
[1:06:25] I don’t know what to do. 我不知道要怎么办了
[1:06:33] Marry me. 嫁给我
[1:06:50] Morse, I… 摩斯 我
[1:06:54] I don’t want your pity. 我不要你的怜悯
[1:07:02] Never mind what Dad would say. 更别提爸爸会说什么了
[1:07:25] I’ve been offered a job in London. 我受邀去伦敦工作了
[1:07:27] The Met… uh, Tintagel House. 伦敦警察厅 廷杰戈堂
[1:07:30] Got to meet a detective inspector over there on Monday, 我周一要过去见一位督察
[1:07:33] but it’s just a formality. 但那只是走过场
[1:07:41] London? 伦敦
[1:07:48] How did Dad take it? 爸爸怎么想的
[1:07:54] I’ll drop him a line. 我回头再告诉他
[1:08:11] Well, if you’re… 如果你…
[1:08:13] if you’re not going to go home… 如果你不回家
[1:08:22] Just take this. 拿着这个
[1:08:24] No, I can’t take all that. 不 我不能要
[1:08:25] You might need it. 你可能会需要
[1:08:26] Please, just take it. 拜托 拿着吧
[1:08:34] You’ll get it back. 会还你的
[1:08:47] It could be work. 可能是工作的事
[1:08:49] It wouldn’t be anything else. 不可能是别的事
[1:09:04] Morse. 摩斯
[1:09:05] Evening, matey. 晚上好 伙计
[1:09:07] It’s Jim. 是吉姆
[1:09:08] There has been a development. 有新情况
[1:09:09] Can you just wait a minute? 可以等一下吗
[1:09:11] Where are you going? 你去哪
[1:09:14] To get my things. 去收拾东西
[1:09:17] You’re not going back to him? 你不会回到他身边吧
[1:09:24] The Met? 伦敦警察厅
[1:09:31] Save a world for me. 别忘了给我留个世界
[1:09:48] Morse? 摩斯
[1:09:53] That badge you found? 你找到的软片
[1:09:54] The dosimeter? 照射量测定软片
[1:09:55] We’ve had it developed. 我们送去检测了
[1:09:57] The lab says it’s been exposed to a high dose of radiation. 实验室说它接触了大量辐射
[1:10:01] Did Laxman go to the power station? 拉克斯曼去过电站吗
[1:10:03] The director of operations said no. 运营主管说没有
[1:10:08] All right, Mr. Sadler. 好吧 萨德勒先生
[1:10:10] Tell them the same as you told me. 就照你和我说的告诉他们
[1:10:13] About the coat. 关于那件外套
[1:10:15] I got it off Seth Chattox, didn’t I? 我是从赛斯·查多克斯那里拿的
[1:10:18] Why didn’t you say so in the first place? 你一开始为什么不说
[1:10:20] I didn’t want to get him into trouble. 我不想给他惹麻烦
[1:10:22] But if it’s this dead fella’s jacket, 但如果这是死人的夹克
[1:10:23] well that’s different, isn’t it? 那就不一样了 是吧
[1:10:25] I ain’t going to get done for murder on nobody’s account. 我可不想替别人顶杀人罪
[1:10:28] Where? 在哪
[1:10:29] Where was this? 这事发生在哪
[1:10:30] Down Bramford Mere by the water there. 布兰姆福德沼泽的水边
[1:11:25] Start digging here. 把这里挖开
[1:11:30] Looks like we’ve found Dr. Laxman. 看来我们找到拉克斯曼博士了
[1:11:36] What the bloody hell’s this now? 这又是怎么了
[1:11:39] It’s the autumnal equinox. 是秋分日
[1:11:41] They’ve asked if they can come and observe the sunrise. 他们问能否过来看日出
[1:11:43] Just keep them away from here. 别让他们来这里
[1:11:45] We’ll go and have a talk with this shepherd. 我们去找那个牧羊人谈谈
[1:12:01] May their union be fruitful, 愿他们的结合硕果累累
[1:12:04] ensure a bounteous harvest, 确保大丰收
[1:12:06] and bless us with all good things 并保佑我们来年
[1:12:09] throughout the coming year. 万事如意
[1:12:42] Sergeant? 警长
[1:12:46] What were you doing with Laxman’s jacket? 你为什么会有拉克斯曼的外套
[1:12:48] I found it. 是我找到的
[1:12:49] Under a hedge up by woods, by the Americans’ cottage. 在林子旁的树篱下 美国夫妻的农舍附近
[1:12:52] So why didn’t you report it at the time? 你当时为什么不上报
[1:12:54] I find all sorts up the woods. 我能在林子里找到各种东西
[1:12:56] I didn’t know anyone was missing when I picked it up. 我捡到它时 并不知道有人失踪了
[1:12:59] No I-I’d have kept it for myself only it was… 不 我本想留着自己穿 但是…
[1:13:02] didn’t fit, it was too small for me. 我穿不上 太小了
[1:13:05] I was after taking up the church jumble, 我本打算拿去捐给教堂
[1:13:07] only I run into Zebulon and 但我碰到了扎比朗
[1:13:09] he thought it’d might do for Old Job, his scarecrow. 他觉得那外套正好能套他的稻草人
[1:13:13] Where did you find Sadler? 你是在哪看到萨德勒的
[1:13:15] Oh didn’t he say? By Bramford Mere. 他没说吗 在布兰姆福德沼泽
[1:13:17] And what were you doing there that time in the morning? 你一早去那儿干什么
[1:13:19] I was after a ewe that got loose. 我在追一只逃跑的母羊
[1:13:21] They like it down the mere for the clover, 它们喜欢去沼泽边吃三叶草
[1:13:23] only you got to watch ’em with it. 你得看住它们
[1:13:24] – Don’t do ’em no good. – Was she down there? -那对它们没好处 -它确实在那里吗
[1:13:26] The ewe? 那只母羊
[1:13:28] No. 不在
[1:13:29] We must’ve missed the bugger in the dark. 肯定是黑暗中没看到它
[1:13:31] By the time we got to the top field, there she was. 等我回到坡顶 发现它就在那里
[1:13:34] Innocent as you please. 一脸无辜
[1:13:48] Is it him? 是他吗
[1:13:49] Oh, certainly. 肯定是
[1:13:51] I could recite his dental records from memory. 我都能背出他的齿科记录
[1:13:53] It’s Matthew Laxman, no question. 毫无疑问 就是马修·拉克斯曼
[1:13:56] – Cause? – There’s a wound to the skull, -死因呢 -头骨有一处伤痕
[1:13:58] not unlike that on the other one you pulled out of the bog. 和你们从沼泽挖出来的另一个人很像
[1:14:01] Now, at some point, 他曾经
[1:14:02] he was exposed to a fairly large dose of radiation. 接触了大量的辐射
[1:14:05] Enough to be fatal? 足以致死吗
[1:14:07] Enough that I’ll be ordering him a lead-lined coffin. 足以让我为他订一副铅内衬棺材了
[1:14:10] The ground readings are abnormally high. 土壤辐射读数异常高
[1:14:22] Mrs. Levin. 莱文太太
[1:14:24] City Police. 市警局
[1:14:25] We were hoping to have a word with your husband. 我们想和你丈夫聊两句
[1:14:27] You missed him. 他刚走
[1:14:29] – They went to the plant about an hour ago. – They? -他们大概一小时前去电站了 -他们
[1:14:32] A white-haired gentleman and a tall man with a beard. 一位白发先生 还有一个高个大胡子
[1:14:36] Jon said they were colleagues. 乔恩说他们是过去的同事
[1:14:42] Very early for the emergency drill. 紧急演习有点太早了吧
[1:15:17] Has Dr. Levin checked in? 莱文博士到了吗
[1:15:18] About an hour ago. 大概一小时前
[1:15:19] Who was in the car with him? 他车里还有谁
[1:15:20] A Professor Bagley and a Dr. Warren, the professor’s colleagues. 巴格利教授和他的同事沃伦博士
[1:15:23] Where’s Mr. Blake? 布雷克先生呢
[1:15:24] He’s in the control room. This is a drill. 他在控制室 这是演习
[1:15:26] This isn’t a drill, it’s for real. 这不是演习 是真的
[1:15:27] – Open the gate. – I can’t let you through, sir. -快开门 -我不能放你进去 长官
[1:15:29] I’m not asking, 这不是请求
[1:15:30] I’m ordering. 这是命令
[1:15:32] This could be sabotage. 可能是有人搞破坏
[1:15:34] Now what’s it to be? 你怎么说
[1:15:38] Right, sir. 好 长官
[1:15:38] Lend us your sidearm. 把你的配枪借给我们
[1:15:41] Help with the evacuation. Good work, Sergeant. 帮忙疏散人员 好样的 小队长
[1:15:56] And the second angel sounded, 第二位天使吹号
[1:15:58] and as though it were a great mountain burning with fire, 就有彷佛火烧着的大山
[1:16:03] it was cast into the sea: 扔在海中
[1:16:04] and the third part of the sea became blood. 海的三分之一变成血
[1:16:04] Please, think about what you’re doing. 求你了 想想你在做什么
[1:16:08] Believe me, Blake, I’ve thought of nothing else for years. 相信我 布雷克 这些年我就没想过别的
[1:16:11] Don, please. 唐 求你
[1:16:15] You’re a physicist. 你是个物理学家
[1:16:16] Physics. 物理
[1:16:18] Science. 科学
[1:16:19] We’re just children playing with matches. 我们只是玩火柴的孩子
[1:16:21] And for what? 为了什么
[1:16:22] To find more efficient ways 只为找到更高效的方式
[1:16:23] of turning our fellow human beings into ash? 把其他人类变成灰烬吗
[1:16:26] That’s what this is really about, huh? 这才是你们的真正目的吧
[1:16:28] Don, please. 唐 求你
[1:16:29] Goldenrod, harvesting plutonium. 麒麟草 收集钚
[1:16:31] Professor Bagley? It’s Detective Constable Morse. 巴格利教授 我是摩斯警员
[1:16:33] I’m unarmed, I’m unarmed. 我没带武器
[1:16:35] Put your weapon down. 放下你的武器
[1:16:37] He’s trying to purge the cooling ponds. 他想放干冷却池
[1:16:40] Tell him why. 告诉他为什么
[1:16:42] There was a leak. 发生了泄露
[1:16:43] Six years ago. 六年前
[1:16:47] Tell him. 告诉他
[1:16:47] Tell him’. 告诉他
[1:16:48] A leak of radioactive material 布兰姆福德A
[1:16:50] from the cooling ponds at Bramford A, 发生了放射性物质泄露
[1:16:52] where spent uranium rods were stored. 那里存放了废铀棒
[1:16:54] – So what happened? – Human error. -怎么回事 -人为错误
[1:16:55] Instead of drawing water, 本想抽水
[1:16:57] hundreds of thousands of gallons were purged from the ponds. 却把几十万加仑的水放入池塘
[1:17:00] And entered the groundwater. 流入了地下水
[1:17:01] And he’s doing the same thing now. 他现在还想做一样的事
[1:17:04] They tried to hush it up, of course. 他们当然企图隐瞒
[1:17:05] But Matthew Laxman 但马修·拉克斯曼
[1:17:06] had been monitoring the area around Bramford for years. 监控布兰姆福德一带好多年了
[1:17:09] He threatened the status quo, so he had to be silenced. 他威胁到了他们 才被灭口
[1:17:12] They buried the truth about that leak, 他们掩盖了那次泄露
[1:17:14] but they won’t bury this one. 但这次他们休想
[1:17:16] You’re wrong– Laxman wasn’t killed by anyone here. 你错了 拉克斯曼并非被这里的人所杀
[1:17:18] – He’s lying, Donald; they’re all liars. – No. -他撒谎 唐纳德 他们都撒谎 -不
[1:17:20] – Then who? – I don’t know. -那是谁 -我不知道
[1:17:22] But I want justice for Laxman just as much as you do. 但我跟你一样想为拉克斯曼伸张正义
[1:17:24] Please, just think about what you’re doing. 拜托 好好想想你在干什么
[1:17:26] – This is justice for Matt. – No, it’s not’. -这就是为马修伸张正义 -不是的
[1:17:28] – I was with him the day he went missing. – Professor, it’s not. -他失踪那天我们在一起 -教授 不是的
[1:17:30] – He went down to the mere to take readings… – Put your weapon down. -他去沼泽测量读数 -放下武器
[1:17:32] …and said he’d pick me up later. 他说稍后再来接我
[1:17:34] – But he never made it back. – All right. -但他再没回来 -好了
[1:17:35] Because these bastards killed him. 因为这些混蛋杀了他
[1:17:37] And you’re protecting them. 你还保护他们
[1:17:39] But we will have justice. 但我们终将获得正义
[1:17:41] An eye for an eye. 以眼还眼
[1:17:43] Don’t try anything. 别想耍花招
[1:17:48] You watched your wife die, Professor. 你眼看你妻子死去 教授
[1:17:50] You really mean to poison the land 你真要毒害这片土地
[1:17:53] and condemn hundreds, maybe thousands, to the same fate? 让数百甚至数千人遭受同样的命运吗
[1:17:56] Don’t listen to him, Donald. 别听他的 唐纳德
[1:17:58] The world will take what happens here as a warning, 世界会把这里发生的事当做警告
[1:18:01] and step back from the brink. 从边缘退回来
[1:18:02] Maybe. 或许吧
[1:18:03] But people will still die. 但人还是会死的
[1:18:06] Old, young, men, women, and children. 老人 年轻人 男人 女人 孩子
[1:18:09] All of them loved by someone. 他们都是别人所爱之人
[1:18:13] Same as you loved your wife. 就像你爱你妻子那样
[1:18:15] Same as I love mine. 就像我爱我妻子那样
[1:18:18] I’d like to go home to her right now, if I’m honest. 老实说 我现在真想回家找她
[1:18:21] Walk away and leave you to it. 离开这里 随你怎样
[1:18:27] But I can’t. 但我不能
[1:18:34] So… 所以
[1:18:38] If you really want to go through with it… 如果你真想那么做
[1:18:44] you’re going to have to shoot me. 你得先打死我
[1:18:48] I’ll do it. 我会下手的
[1:18:52] Maybe. 或许吧
[1:18:55] But I’m hoping you’re the Donald Bagley 但我希望你还是那个
[1:18:57] who had dedicated the last 20 years of his life to peace. 将这20年人生都献给了和平的唐纳德·巴格利
[1:19:12] I’m sorry. 对不起
[1:19:15] – Levin, can you stop it? – Get away from there, Doctor’. -莱文 你能阻止吗 -快走开 博士
[1:19:17] Judas. 叛徒
[1:19:19] I believed in you. 我相信了你
[1:19:20] You think I’ve come this far? 你觉得我会在这里放弃吗
[1:19:23] I’m the failsafe. 我就是保险措施
[1:19:25] Remember? 记得吗
[1:19:29] Shoot me… 你开枪
[1:19:31] Everybody dies. 大家都死
[1:20:34] Stop– stop. 站住
[1:20:36] Out of my way. 让开
[1:20:44] You’re done. 你完了
[1:20:45] Now, 好了
[1:20:47] we all walk out of here nice and quietly. 我们都平静地好好走出这里吧
[1:21:49] The country owes you a debt. 国家欠你的
[1:21:51] If the reactor had gone into… 如果反应堆真的…
[1:21:53] Sergeant’. Can’t you keep that animal quiet? 小队长 不能让它闭嘴吗
[1:21:57] Oh, it’s all right, sir. 没事 先生
[1:21:58] He’s a bit like our chief superintendent, I expect. 它应该是像我们高级警司
[1:22:01] Bark worse than his bite. 叫声大 不咬人
[1:22:03] Sir. 先生
[1:22:06] Right. 好了
[1:22:08] Back to the nick? 回警局吗
[1:22:11] Morse? 摩斯
[1:22:55] Can I take a look at your crook, please, Mr. Chattox? 能看看你的手杖吗 查多克斯先生
[1:23:02] First time I met you, your dog was chewing this. 我第一次遇见你时 你的狗在咬它
[1:23:05] Well, it’s a habit. 是啊 它的习惯
[1:23:07] I’ve tried to break him of it, but… 我试过让它改 但…
[1:23:08] We pulled a pair of spectacles from Bramford Mere 我们在布兰姆福德沼泽发现了一副眼镜
[1:23:12] chewed the same way. 有一样的咬痕
[1:23:16] Dr. Laxman’s glasses. 拉克斯曼博士的眼镜
[1:23:20] Is that right? 是吗
[1:23:21] You were in love with Selina Berger. 你爱着瑟琳娜·博杰
[1:23:25] Minute I saw her. 一见钟情
[1:23:28] She’d come up ahead of her brother, 她在她哥哥之前到来
[1:23:29] to get the place ready for him, and… 收拾好屋子等着他
[1:23:33] Well, she seemed lonely. 她看上去很孤独
[1:23:36] A man gets an idea. 人就起了念头
[1:23:41] I mean, she had her brother. 她有她哥哥
[1:23:42] But a brother’s not a husband, is it, so… 但哥哥不是丈夫 是吧
[1:23:46] I asked her to marry me. 我就向她求婚了
[1:23:47] And she turned you down. 但她拒绝了你
[1:23:49] It was her right. 她有这权利
[1:23:50] But she didn’t turn down Matthew Laxman. 但她并未拒绝马修·拉克斯曼
[1:23:53] You were jealous. 你嫉妒了
[1:23:54] Not like that. 不是那样的
[1:23:57] I just wanted her to be happy, but… 我只是希望她幸福 但是
[1:24:00] Laxman was a wrong ‘un, I could see that from the off. 拉克斯曼不是合适的人 我第一眼就看出来了
[1:24:02] And she deserved better. 她该找个更好的
[1:24:03] You thought she deserved you. 你觉得她该跟你吗
[1:24:05] Oh, well, I would have looked after her. 我就能照顾好她
[1:24:07] I don’t doubt it. 这我相信
[1:24:10] Quick with a backhander, he was. 打人的时候出手挺快
[1:24:15] But that’s not a man. 但那不叫男人
[1:24:17] Not to my way of thinking. 在我看来不是
[1:24:18] So you came across his car, 你看到了他的车
[1:24:20] after he’d been run off the road. 在他冲出道路之后
[1:24:25] Because that’s the way you take your sheep to the top field. 因为你就走那条路带羊群上坡顶
[1:24:27] I offered to help him, too. 我还提出帮助他
[1:24:29] I went to get my car to tow him out. 我去开车 把他拖出来
[1:24:32] By the time I got back, 可我回来时
[1:24:33] he was still wild about being run off the road by the plant truck. 他还在为被电站卡车赶下路的事喋喋不休
[1:24:36] Effing and Jeffing he was. 骂骂咧咧
[1:24:39] Starts trying to tell me how to tie a bowline. 还开始教我怎么绑绳子
[1:24:42] How I was doing it all wrong. 说我做得不对
[1:24:43] Me. 我
[1:24:44] I said, “I don’t need no advice from you on tying knots.” 我说 “我不需要你教我怎么打绳结”
[1:24:47] He said, “That’s not what I heard.” 他说 “我听说可不是这样”
[1:24:49] I said to him, I said, “What’s that supposed to mean?” 我说 “你这话什么意思”
[1:24:51] And he said, “I’ll tell you this… 他说 “告诉你吧
[1:24:54] You don’t know what you’re missing.” 你不知道自己错过了什么”
[1:24:59] One punch. 一拳
[1:25:03] That’s all it was, just one. 真的 就一拳
[1:25:06] So you buried his body at Bramford Mere. 于是你把他的尸体埋在了布兰姆福德沼泽
[1:25:13] If I hadn’t gone to help him, he’d still be alive. 如果我没去帮他 他也不会死
[1:25:50] Turn of the year. 昼夜时长的分界点
[1:25:57] I don’t suppose you’d give me a minute to do for Kip, would you? 你们能给我点时间安顿基普吗
[1:26:01] He won’t understand not seeing me. 它见不到我肯定犯糊涂
[1:26:06] We’ll look to it. 我们会照顾它
[1:26:11] Hard. 很难受
[1:26:13] To leave the land. 离开这片土地
[1:26:27] Better to die under an open sky than prison. 死在天空下总比死在监狱里好
[1:26:34] Some men aren’t born for walls. 有些男人不适合被困于墙内
[1:27:17] Joan rang. 琼来电话了
[1:27:19] I think that’s all her mother wanted, really. 我觉得她妈妈也只求这个
[1:27:24] Just to hear her voice. 听到她的声音
[1:27:26] Know she was all right. 知道她没事
[1:27:33] No, thanks. 不了 谢谢
[1:27:38] I’ll see you Monday, then. 那周一见了
[1:27:49] Monday, Morse. 周一见 摩斯
[1:27:51] Handshakes are for goodbye. 握手是道别
[1:28:11] “A small fire in a storage area was quickly contained “布兰姆福德仓库区的一场小火灾
[1:28:14] “by Bramford’s own fire brigade, 被站内消防队迅速扑灭
[1:28:17] “with the site suffering only the most minor damage. 电站遭受的损失也很小
[1:28:20] “No members of staff were injured, 员工无人受伤
[1:28:23] and there was never at any time a danger to the public.” 公众也完全不曾遭到威胁”
[1:28:28] And they all lived happily ever after. 大家都能幸福到永久
[1:28:30] It’s in the Mail, Thursday. 《邮报》报了 瑟斯戴
[1:28:32] I hope you wouldn’t gainsay Miss Frazil. 你不会反对弗雷泽小姐的话吧
[1:28:34] More than my life’s worth, sir. 绝对不敢 长官
[1:28:37] There was one more thing. 还有件事
[1:28:41] I have today received a letter. 我今天收到了一封信
[1:28:57] Morse. 摩斯
[1:29:33] It was a bad fall. 重重地摔了一跤
[1:29:35] Will she be all right? 她会没事吧
[1:29:37] Well, we’ve given her something to help her sleep. 我们给了她药让她入眠
[1:29:39] That’s all. 仅此而已
[1:29:45] Just one of those things. 就是意外
[1:29:47] Mother Nature. 人生无常
[1:29:49] Still, she’s young, and fit. 但她还年轻 身体健康
[1:29:53] Give it a month or two. 再过一两个月
[1:29:53] I’m sure you’ll be able to try again. 你们肯定还能再次尝试
[1:29:56] Better luck next time, hmm? 下次好运了
[1:30:48] “Dear Chief Superintendent Bright, “亲爱的高级警司布莱特
[1:30:52] “I am instructed to inform you that Her Majesty the Queen 我受命通知你 女王陛下
[1:30:55] “has graciously approved the award of the George Medal 已恩准将乔治勋章
[1:30:59] “to our trusted and well-beloved subject 授予我们可靠可敬的子民
[1:31:01] “Detective Chief Inspector Frederick Albert Thursday 高级督察弗莱德里克·艾伯特·瑟斯戴
[1:31:06] “for special services in defense of the realm. 感激他为保卫祖国做出的特别贡献
[1:31:10] “Given the circumstances, details pertaining to the award 鉴于情况特别 授奖的细节
[1:31:13] “will be neither cited in the Gazette 并不会在《公报》刊登
[1:31:15] “nor entered into the public record. 也不会写入公开记录
[1:31:19] “I am further instructed to inform you 此外 我还受命通知你
[1:31:22] “that Her Majesty the Queen has also graciously approved 女王陛下还恩准了
[1:31:25] “the award of the George Medal 将乔治勋章
[1:31:27] “to our trusted well-beloved subject 授予我们可靠可敬的子民
[1:31:30] “Detective Sergeant Endeavour Morse 英戴弗·摩斯警长
[1:31:35] for special services in defense of the realm.” 感激他为保卫祖国做出的特别贡献”
摩斯探长前传

Post navigation

Previous Post: 摩斯探长前传(Endeavour)第4季第3集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 摩斯探长前传(Endeavour)第5季第1集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme