时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Every story has a beginning. | 每个故事都有个开端 |
[00:25] | Before the gates of Troy. | 在特洛伊的门前 |
[00:28] | In a certain house at Ithaca. | 在伊萨卡岛的某栋房子里 |
[00:31] | Upon the road to Thebes. | 前往底比斯的路上 |
[00:34] | But no matter where it starts, | 但不管故事从哪里开始 |
[00:37] | every story has its hero. | 每个故事都有主角[英雄] |
[00:42] | As often as not, | 而且往往 |
[00:44] | a young man on a journey from innocence to experience. | 是一个年轻人 在从天真走向老练 |
[00:52] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[01:45] | Ah, Alistair. | 阿利斯特 |
[01:46] | Might I have a moment? | 可以跟你说句话吗 |
[01:48] | If it’s about this evening, Master, | 如果是为今晚的事 院长 |
[01:50] | I believe I’ve made my views clear. | 我想我已经把话说得很明白了 |
[01:52] | Alistair, I do understand… | 阿利斯特 我能理解… |
[03:40] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[03:45] | Right… | 好 |
[03:47] | Booth Hill. | 布斯山 |
[04:51] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[04:55] | Witnesses? | 有目击者吗 |
[04:55] | Woman over the way heard a squeal of brakes. | 住那边的女人听到一声尖利的刹车声 |
[04:58] | Time she got to the window, the car was gone. | 等她走到窗口 车已经走了 |
[05:00] | When was this? | 那是什么时候 |
[05:01] | About half an hour since. | 大概半小时前 |
[05:03] | Just before 8:00. | 就在8点前不久 |
[05:05] | Nothing they could do. | 他们救不了他了 |
[05:06] | Already gone by the time they got here. | 他们到时已经死了 |
[05:08] | No identification. | 不知道身份 |
[05:09] | Have to wait on next of kin coming forward, I suppose. | 只能等亲属来认领了 |
[05:12] | How was he found? | 他被发现时什么样 |
[05:14] | The body. | 尸体 |
[05:16] | Where was it? | 在哪 |
[05:17] | Oh, up against the curb there. | 靠着那边的马路牙子 |
[05:19] | That’s what’s done for him, according to the ambulance boys. | 急救人员说 他就是被路牙子磕死了 |
[05:23] | Head’s a terrible mess. | 脑袋都开瓢了 |
[05:27] | What about debris? | 那撞击碎片呢 |
[05:30] | Something like this, | 发生这种事 |
[05:31] | you’d expect there to be glass | 应该会落下风挡 |
[05:33] | from the windscreen or headlamps. | 或车头灯的玻璃 |
[05:37] | Not always. | 也不是总有 |
[05:38] | Depends where it’s caught him, | 得看他是撞在哪上了 |
[05:40] | how fast they were going. | 还有车速多快 |
[05:42] | Comes to traffic accidents, | 对于交通事故 |
[05:43] | rhyme and reason are out the window, matey. | 可没那么多道理可言 伙计 |
[06:15] | All aboard! | 全体上车 |
[06:36] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[06:36] | Morning, sir. | 早 长官 |
[06:37] | Buses have called a strike. | 公共汽车罢工了 |
[06:38] | I said we’d drop her at the bank. | 我答应送她去银行 |
[06:41] | Come on, Joan, don’t dawdle. | 来吧 琼 别磨蹭 |
[06:47] | Morning. | 早 |
[06:48] | Morning. | 早 |
[07:04] | Haven’t seen you about for a while. | 好久没见你来了 |
[07:06] | Uh, no. | 是啊 |
[07:07] | No, I’ve been on General Duties. | 是啊 我一直在做普通警务 |
[07:10] | Where’s Peter, then, this morning? | 那彼得今早怎么没来 |
[07:13] | Sgt. Jakes? | 杰克斯警长吗 |
[07:14] | He’s got court. | 他要上庭 |
[07:15] | Don’t give much away, do you? | 你真是话少啊 |
[07:19] | Don’t think I’m meant to, am I? | 我也不好多说嘛 |
[07:21] | Work, you know. | 工作的事 |
[07:23] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[07:26] | Is he still with that Sandra? | 他还跟那个桑德拉在一起吗 |
[07:28] | Who? Jakes? | 谁 杰克斯吗 |
[07:29] | Never mind. | 当我没说 |
[07:30] | All out of Navy Cut, would you believe? | 切丝烟丝没了 能相信吗 |
[07:32] | Had to make do with Ribbon. | 只好买了烟带 |
[07:35] | “Never mind” what? | 当你没说什么 |
[07:37] | Work. | 工作 |
[07:38] | If you must know, I was asking about work. | 如果你非要问 我问他工作上的事来着 |
[07:41] | Only he’s the same as you. | 但他跟你一样 |
[07:42] | Like trying to get blood out of a stone. | 简直像想从石头里挤出血来 |
[07:44] | Quite right. | 这就对了 |
[07:45] | Any case, I wouldn’t have thought you’d time to sit gassing. | 再说 你怎么还有闲心坐在这里闲聊 |
[07:47] | You can walk from here, can’t you? | 你不能从这里走去银行吗 |
[07:48] | Save us going round the one-way. | 省得我们绕单行道了 |
[07:51] | Right, well… | 好吧 |
[07:53] | Thanks for half a lift. | 谢谢你送我一半路 |
[07:55] | Uh-uh, nicely, please, if you want picking up. | 你可客气着点 如果你还想我们来接你 |
[08:00] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[08:05] | Anything in last night? | 昨晚有什么事吗 |
[08:06] | A truck containing £10,000 worth of cigarettes | 一辆装载了价值一万镑的香烟的货车 |
[08:09] | was stolen from outside a transport stop | 于昨天在宝特利路的 |
[08:11] | on the Botley Road last night. | 一休息站外被盗 |
[08:14] | We’ve been asked to be on the lookout. | 我们被要求注意该车辆 |
[08:15] | Right, sir. | 是 长官 |
[08:17] | Anything else? | 还有吗 |
[08:19] | Oh, actually, there was one other thing. | 其实 还真有件事 |
[08:22] | Morse’s results came back from the range. | 摩斯的射击成绩出来了 |
[08:27] | Sergeant’s exams coming up, hasn’t he? | 他的警长考试就要到了 是吧 |
[08:29] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[08:30] | Next week. | 就下周 |
[08:31] | Won’t count towards his mark, of course, | 当然了 射击成绩是不会算进去的 |
[08:33] | but the chief constable sets great store by such things. | 但警察局长很看重这些事 |
[08:38] | No one come forward to claim him? | 没人来认领尸体吗 |
[08:41] | Not yet. | 暂时还没有 |
[08:42] | I’ve bagged his personal effects, | 我已收好了他的私人物品 |
[08:45] | but I wouldn’t get your hopes up. | 但别抱期望 |
[08:47] | Just the usual: | 就是些平常的东西 |
[08:49] | specs, smoker’s bits and bobs, keys, wallet. | 眼镜 烟什么的 钥匙 钱包 |
[08:54] | Somebody saw the accident, did they? | 有人看到了车祸吗 |
[08:56] | Heard. Why? | 是听到的 怎么了 |
[08:58] | Case like this, I’d normally expect to find | 这样的案件 按说我会发现 |
[09:00] | some injury to the lower limbs. | 下肢受伤 |
[09:03] | Point of impact | 在撞击点处 |
[09:04] | where the body’s come into contact with the vehicle. | 尸体跟车接触的地方 |
[09:07] | Outside of the head injury, there’s not a mark on him. | 但除了头部的伤 他身上什么伤都没有 |
[09:12] | Could’ve been a glancing blow, I suppose. | 也可能是侧击吧 |
[09:14] | Tossed him into the air, | 把他撞飞了起来 |
[09:16] | and the curb’s done the rest. | 然后路牙子了结了他 |
[09:24] | Uniform brought it in about an hour ago. | 巡警大概一小时前送来的 |
[09:26] | In the next street to that hit and run. | 在肇事逃逸地点的隔壁街上 |
[09:28] | Open. | 就在地上摆着 |
[09:28] | Anything to say it’s the victim’s? | 能表明是死者的吗 |
[09:30] | Just essays, unmarked, on the Trachiniae. | 只有关于《特拉奇尼埃》的未批改的论文 |
[09:34] | It’s a tragedy by Sophocles. | 是索福克勒斯写的悲剧 |
[09:38] | I took it the owner of the case must be a Greats don, | 我猜公文包的主人肯定是文学人文老师 |
[09:40] | so I rang around the colleges. | 所以我给各个学院打了 |
[09:42] | The names on the essays match certain undergrads at Badeley College | 论文上的名字与贝德利学院的一些学生吻合 |
[09:45] | being tutored by a Professor Coke Norris. | 他们的导师是科克·诺里斯教授 |
[09:47] | Might be his bag, doesn’t mean to say he’s the victim. | 可能是他的公文包 但死者未必是他 |
[09:49] | There’s no answer on his home number | 他的家庭电话没人接 |
[09:51] | and according to the porter, | 而门房说 |
[09:52] | he hasn’t turned in for work this morning. | 他今早也没去上班 |
[09:53] | What about the driver? | 那肇事司机呢 |
[09:55] | The car that hit him must have been damaged. | 撞他的车肯定有所损坏 |
[09:57] | Uniform are having a word with the local garages, | 巡警去找本地各个汽修店了 |
[09:59] | but without a description of the vehicle involved? | 但如果不知道涉事车辆的任何信息 |
[10:01] | All right, press on. | 好吧 继续查 |
[10:04] | Oh, the results came through from the range. | 你的射击成绩出来了 |
[10:06] | Where did you learn to shoot like that? | 这么好的枪法在哪学的 |
[10:09] | Army, I suppose. | 军队吧 |
[10:10] | Thought you were in Signals. | 你不是通讯兵吗 |
[10:11] | Mr. Bright’s very keen, in any event. | 反正 布莱特先生很高兴 |
[10:13] | Asked after your sergeants’ exam next week. | 还问起了你下周的警长考试 |
[10:16] | I told him you were on top of your Fittons. | 我说你把考纲背得滚瓜烂熟了 |
[10:17] | You are, aren’t you? | 你是吧 |
[10:19] | I think so. | 差不多吧 |
[10:19] | Think? You’d better be. | 差不多 你最好背熟了 |
[10:21] | I don’t want you treading water | 我可不希望你再在 |
[10:22] | on General Duties another 12 months. | 普通警务浪费12个月的时间 |
[10:24] | Morning, sir. | 早 长官 |
[10:25] | You’re on this hit-and-run, aren’t you? | 你在负责这宗肇事逃逸 是吗 |
[10:27] | Woman at the front desk, | 前台来了个女人 |
[10:28] | come in to report her husband missing. | 报案说她丈夫失踪了 |
[10:30] | A Mrs. Coke Norris. | 科克·诺里斯太太 |
[10:43] | He was supposed to meet me, you see. | 他本该来接我的 |
[10:45] | Where was this? | 在哪 |
[10:45] | The station. | 车站 |
[10:46] | I’ve been visiting our daughter. | 我去看我们女儿了 |
[10:48] | Anyway, I waited and waited, but… | 反正 我等了好久 但… |
[10:50] | Mrs. Coke Norris… | 科克·诺里斯太太 |
[10:51] | He’s always so very good like that. | 他一向守约的 |
[10:52] | If he says he’s going to be somewhere, | 他如果说会去什么地方 |
[10:53] | then he invariably is. | 就一定会去 |
[10:55] | Mrs. Coke Norris, | 科克·诺里斯太太 |
[10:57] | I’m afraid to say I may have some | 我恐怕有 |
[10:58] | very bad news for you. | 很糟糕的消息要告诉你 |
[11:05] | Last night, I was called to attend a road accident. | 我昨晚被叫去接警一起交通事故 |
[11:12] | We’ll need you to make a formal identification, but… | 我们还需要您去正式认尸 但是 |
[11:19] | I have strong reason to believe | 我有强烈理由相信 |
[11:20] | that the man who lost his life last night was your husband. | 昨晚丧生的男子就是您丈夫 |
[11:31] | Is there someone that we can notify? | 需要我们通知谁吗 |
[11:33] | Your daughter, perhaps? | 比如您女儿 |
[11:44] | Six, five, four, | 六 五 四 |
[11:47] | three, two, one! | 三 二 一 |
[11:50] | Ready or not, here I come! | 不管你们准备好没 我来了 |
[12:20] | Alistair was a much-valued colleague, | 阿利斯特是位备受尊敬的同事 |
[12:22] | held in great affection by all who knew him. | 所有认识他的人都很喜欢他 |
[12:25] | Mrs. Coke Norris gave me to understand | 科克·诺里斯太太告诉我 |
[12:27] | that he was due to attend a meeting here yesterday evening. | 他昨晚本该来这里参加一场会议 |
[12:30] | Yes. Yes, indeed. | 是的 |
[12:32] | You weren’t concerned when he didn’t arrive? | 他没来时 您就不担心吗 |
[12:34] | No. | 不 |
[12:35] | I mean, it was just… | 其实就是 |
[12:38] | College business. | 学院事务 |
[12:39] | General housekeeping. | 一般的校务问题 |
[12:41] | How’s she taken it? | 她接受得怎么样 |
[12:43] | As well as to be expected. | 也就是那样吧 |
[12:45] | Were they married long, do you know? | 他们结婚很久了吗 |
[12:48] | 20 years or so. | 20年了吧 |
[12:50] | Happily? | 幸福吗 |
[12:53] | Yes, yes. | 是的 |
[12:56] | There was the daughter, of course. | 不过他们的女儿 |
[12:57] | Audrey. | 奥黛丽 |
[12:58] | I imagine that kind of thing | 发生了那样的事 |
[12:59] | must put a strain on any marriage. | 对任何婚姻肯定都是个考验 |
[13:02] | There was an accident. | 发生了事故 |
[13:03] | Five, six years ago. | 五六年前吧 |
[13:05] | Left her a cabbage. | 她成了植物人 |
[13:07] | She’s in a private hospital or clinic in London. | 她在伦敦一家私人医院还是诊所的 |
[13:11] | They keep a flat there, I believe, so Millie can visit. | 他们好像在那里有间公寓 米莉好去看她 |
[13:15] | I’d like to take a look at professor Coke Norris’s rooms. | 我想看看科克·诺里斯教授的办公室 |
[13:19] | His rooms? | 办公室 |
[13:20] | Unless you’ve any objection. | 除非你反对 |
[13:22] | No, no, of course not. | 不 当然不 |
[13:25] | I just can’t see what bearing his rooms | 我就是不懂他的办公室 |
[13:27] | might have on a traffic accident. | 会跟他的车祸有什么关系 |
[13:29] | Just a question of us being thorough in our inquiries, Master. | 我们的调查必须彻底 院长 |
[13:41] | Something I can do for you? | 有事吗 |
[13:43] | DC Morse, City Police. | 摩斯警员 市警局 |
[13:46] | How do you do? | 你好啊 |
[13:48] | Ian Kern. | 伊恩·科恩 |
[13:49] | I’m a friend of Alistair’s. | 我是阿利斯特的朋友 |
[13:51] | I was. | 生前的朋友 |
[13:56] | I lent him an old Baedeker’s last year. | 我去年借了他本旧旅行指南 |
[13:59] | Southern Italy. | 南意大利的 |
[14:00] | It had some sentimental value. | 因为有纪念价值 |
[14:01] | I didn’t want it getting… | 我不想… |
[14:03] | Well, don’t let me stop you. | 那别因为我停下啊 |
[14:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:08] | This is just awful. | 这太可怕了 |
[14:10] | Awful! | 可怕 |
[14:12] | Is there any news as to the driver? | 肇事司机有消息了吗 |
[14:16] | Not yet, I’m afraid. | 还没有呢 |
[14:19] | What was he like? | 他什么样 |
[14:21] | Prickly. | 易怒 |
[14:23] | Generous. | 慷慨 |
[14:24] | Kind. | 和气 |
[14:27] | Mostly kind. | 大多时候挺和气 |
[14:29] | I shall miss him. | 我会想他的 |
[14:33] | What about Mrs. Coke Norris? | 那科克·诺里斯太太呢 |
[14:35] | What do you make to her? | 你怎么看她 |
[14:36] | Millicent likes a project. | 米莉森喜欢找事做 |
[14:38] | Two years ago, we had starving Africans. | 两年前是饥饿的非洲人 |
[14:41] | Last year, it was the plight of the Red Indian. | 去年是印第安人的灾祸 |
[14:44] | And this? | 今年呢 |
[14:45] | You’re looking at it, God help me. | 正是本人 老天保佑 |
[14:48] | She thinks I need mothering. | 她觉得我需要母爱般的呵护 |
[14:49] | No outlet for the maternal instinct. | 母性本能无处宣泄 |
[14:52] | Every other day, it’s cakes or casseroles. | 每隔一天就送蛋糕或砂锅菜来 |
[14:55] | Some might pay good money to be cosseted like that. | 有人还希望被那样宠着呢 |
[14:57] | Would they, though? | 是吗 |
[14:59] | I don’t doubt she means well, | 我并不怀疑她本意是好的 |
[15:00] | but if it hadn’t been forAlistair, | 但要不是顾及阿利斯特的面子 |
[15:01] | I’d have told her where to get off. | 我早叫她滚远点了 |
[15:03] | Did he have any enemies that you can think of? | 你觉得他有什么敌人吗 |
[15:05] | Enemies? | 敌人 |
[15:07] | Good heavens, no. | 老天啊 没有 |
[15:10] | No, not enemies, I wouldn’t have said. | 倒不是敌人吧 |
[15:12] | What, then? | 那是什么 |
[15:15] | Al had been a Conchie. | 阿利是个拒服兵役者 |
[15:17] | In the last show. | 在上次战争里 |
[15:17] | I mean, he did his bit. | 他当然也尽力了 |
[15:19] | On the ambulances. | 做救护 |
[15:21] | But some people still held it against him. | 但有些人还是以此记恨他 |
[15:26] | Eureka! | 找到了 |
[15:28] | Well, unless there was anything else, | 如果没别的事了 |
[15:31] | I’ll leave you to your… | 我就不打扰你… |
[15:49] | Booth Hill? | 布斯山 |
[15:51] | What makes you ask? | 你为什么问起 |
[15:52] | It’s come up in connection with a case. | 跟一件案子有关 |
[15:54] | We’ve been reporting on it for about the last 18 months. | 我们这18个月一直在做相关报道 |
[15:57] | With the Oxpens being cleared, | 因为牛圈区被清空 |
[15:59] | the Council needs new housing stock. | 市议会需要建新住宅 |
[16:01] | Thanks, Bradley. | 谢谢 布拉德利 |
[16:02] | The Housing Department’s been in negotiations | 房屋部一直在跟贝德利学院 |
[16:05] | with Badeley College to acquire Booth Hill. | 协商购买布斯山的事宜 |
[16:08] | Badeley? | 贝德利学院 |
[16:09] | They own the land. | 那块地是他们的 |
[16:10] | Not been very popular with the Rural England Brigade, | 当地农民自然并不高兴 |
[16:13] | but most objections have been dealt with one way or another. | 但大部分反对声音都被想方设法解决了 |
[16:16] | A couple of tenant farmers have been encouraged to move on. | 几户佃农受到”鼓励” 搬走了 |
[16:19] | Strong-arm stuff? | 强迫吗 |
[16:20] | Nothing anyone’s prepared to talk about. | 反正没人愿意说 |
[16:25] | Any idea where a Professor Coke Norris might fit into this? | 知道科克·诺里斯教授可能跟此事有什么关系吗 |
[16:28] | None, why? | 不知道 怎么了 |
[16:29] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[16:31] | He was a Classics don at Badeley. | 他是贝德利学院的一位古典文学老师 |
[16:34] | Killed in a hit-and-run last night. | 昨晚死于一起肇事逃逸 |
[16:35] | He’d been reading your article on Booth Hill. | 他一直在读你关于布斯山的报道 |
[16:38] | One or two new faces hanging about recently. | 近来有一两个新面孔常出现 |
[16:40] | London types. | 伦敦人 |
[16:42] | Only you didn’t get it off me, right? | 但你可不是听我说的 好吗 |
[16:45] | You hear anything more on that, you let me know, all right? | 你再听到什么其他事 就告诉我 好吗 |
[16:49] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[16:50] | Morse. | 摩斯 |
[16:55] | Good man, Albert. | 好人啊 艾伯特 |
[16:56] | Reliable. | 可靠 |
[16:58] | Ten-bob a time, I expect he is. | 一次十镑 当然可靠了 |
[17:01] | Any copper’s only as good as the intelligence he’s got coming in. | 警察的能力受限于他能得到多少情报 |
[17:03] | What did they teach you at Carshall? | 卡歇尔都教你什么了 |
[17:05] | I don’t remember anything in Judges’ Rules | 我可不记得法律里说 |
[17:07] | about paying for information. | 能花钱买情报 |
[17:09] | Got something new to think about, then, haven’t you? | 那这下你学到了 是吧 |
[17:13] | Morry. | 莫里 |
[17:15] | How’s show business? | 娱乐生意如何 |
[17:18] | No business like it, Mr. Thursday. | 是最棒的生意 瑟斯戴先生 |
[17:20] | Can I get you a drink? | 来杯酒吗 |
[17:21] | We’re not stopping, thanks all the same. | 我们不多留 还是谢了 |
[17:23] | We just dropped by for a quick hello with Charlie | 我们想来跟查理打个招呼 |
[17:26] | if he’s about. | 如果他在的话 |
[17:27] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[17:28] | No, he’s… | 不 他… |
[17:30] | Oh, we’ve come all this way. | 我们远道而来的 |
[17:31] | What time’s he due, then? | 那他什么时候来 |
[17:34] | See, I heard he’d decided to call time | 我听说他决定要退出 |
[17:35] | on the nightclub business. | 夜店生意了 |
[17:37] | Word is somebody gave him “what for.” | 据说是有人让他萌生了退意 |
[17:40] | Have I got that right? | 是这样吗 |
[17:41] | He’s, uh, signed the place over to me. | 他要把这里交给我了 |
[17:44] | I’m running it now. | 现在就是我在经营 |
[17:45] | You’re pulling my leg. | 你开玩笑呢 |
[17:47] | I wouldn’t leave you to run a whelk-stall. | 我连个小摊都不会让你经营 |
[17:50] | Twenty Guards, would you, Sasha. | 来包警卫烟 萨沙 |
[17:51] | Straight. | 真的 |
[17:52] | As God’s my judge. | 苍天可鉴 |
[17:53] | Yeah, but he’s not, though, is he? | 是啊 可老天才不管你呢 是吧 |
[17:55] | So what do you know about this lorry load of snout | 关于昨晚被盗的那车烟 |
[17:57] | knocked off last night? | 你知道什么 |
[17:58] | Is there something you want? | 你有事吗 |
[18:03] | I don’t know nothing about that. | 我什么都不知道 |
[18:05] | Don’t kid a kidder, Morry. | 别跟我来这套 莫里 |
[18:07] | You’re a front man. | 你就是个门面 |
[18:09] | Near-beer, blue jokes, and totting up the night’s take. | 喝点酒 讲点荤段子 打烊时再点个钱 |
[18:11] | That’s your forte. | 那才是你擅长的 |
[18:13] | So who’s in the big chair now, eh? | 现在坐老板椅的是谁了 |
[18:15] | Hello, Fred. | 你好啊 弗莱德 |
[18:20] | Vic. | 维克 |
[18:21] | Long time. | 好久不见 |
[18:22] | Ain’t it just. | 可不是呢 |
[18:23] | – Keeping well? – Mustn’t grumble. | -还好吗 -没什么可抱怨的 |
[18:25] | Family? | 家人呢 |
[18:25] | What’s this, then? | 怎么回事 |
[18:26] | Things got a bit too lively for you Mile End? | 在迈尔安德区混不下去了吗 |
[18:29] | Nah. | 不是 |
[18:30] | Retired, ain’t I? | 我退休了啊 |
[18:31] | All got it coming, Fred. | 每个人都逃不过 弗莱德 |
[18:33] | Even you. | 你也是 |
[18:36] | This place’ll see me out. | 我就在这儿安享晚年了 |
[18:38] | Well, | 哎呦 |
[18:41] | look what the dog brought in. | 看看是谁来了 |
[18:44] | You remember my Vince? | 记得我家文斯吗 |
[18:46] | Fred Thursday, look. | 弗莱德·瑟斯戴 看啊 |
[18:48] | Blimey, you still at it? | 天啊 你还在干呢 |
[18:49] | Thought they’d put you out to grass after Carter. | 还以为卡特的事后 他们让你退休了呢 |
[18:52] | That’s the word in town, anyway. | 至少传言是如此 |
[18:54] | Fred Thursday: | 弗莱德·瑟斯戴 |
[18:56] | Went milky and run off, crying to the sticks. | 哭哭啼啼地跑了 |
[19:01] | Who’s this, then? | 这是谁 |
[19:02] | Never you mind who he is. | 你别管他是谁 |
[19:04] | Vince… | 文斯 |
[19:07] | Kids, Fred. | 小孩子 弗莱德 |
[19:09] | All piss and vinegar. | 就是精神头足 |
[19:10] | What can you do? | 没办法 |
[19:11] | Same ourselves, once. | 我们曾经也是 |
[19:12] | Here’s how it is. | 我们这么办 |
[19:14] | You round up your boys and get off my patch | 你叫上你的手下 滚出我的地盘 |
[19:16] | and we’ll leave it at that. | 我们就算到此为止 |
[19:17] | Might put the fear of God into the locals, | 你或许能唬住本地人 |
[19:19] | but this is me. | 但我是我 |
[19:22] | First and final. | 这是第一次也是最后一次警告 |
[19:24] | Workhouse rules, Fred. | 生存法则 弗莱德 |
[19:26] | Last man standing. | 笑到最后… |
[19:29] | So be it. | 那好吧 |
[19:39] | You think you’ve found somewhere decent, | 你以为你找到了个好地方 |
[19:40] | someplace the rot hasn’t got to yet, | 还没被腐蚀到的地方 |
[19:42] | but it creeps in. | 可它还是会偷偷渗进来 |
[19:44] | They want to come that game here? | 他们想来这里搞事情 |
[19:45] | Over my dead body. | 除非我死了 |
[19:47] | Who’s Carter? | 卡特是谁 |
[19:51] | You stay away from this place and Vic Kasper, all right? | 你离这地方和维克·卡斯帕远点 知道了吗 |
[19:55] | Just stick to that hit-and-run | 查你的肇事逃逸 |
[19:57] | and boning up for your sergeants’. | 准备你的警长考试 |
[19:58] | Leave this to me, understood? | 这事交给我 明白了吗 |
[20:04] | Here he is, sir. | 他来了 长官 |
[20:07] | Ah, Morse. | 摩斯 |
[20:09] | Your sister… Joyce, is it?… | 你妹妹 乔伊丝 是吧 |
[20:11] | called while you were out. | 你不在时来了电话 |
[20:13] | It’s your father. | 是你父亲 |
[20:14] | He’s all right, just taken poorly. | 他没事 就是病倒了 |
[20:17] | His heart, she said. | 她说是心脏问题 |
[20:18] | You’re to telephone home. | 要你给家里打个电话 |
[20:21] | – Thank you, sir. – And of course, | -谢谢 长官 -当然了 |
[20:22] | if you need a couple of days compassionate leave. | 如果你需要请几天私事假… |
[20:24] | I’m sure it won’t come to that. | 应该不至于的 |
[20:26] | Hope for the best. | 保持希望 |
[20:27] | That’s the ticket. | 就该如此 |
[20:30] | Well. | 好吧 |
[20:30] | Sir. | 长官 |
[20:34] | He suffers with angina. | 他有心绞痛 |
[20:36] | Has done for years. | 好多年了 |
[20:37] | I’m sure they’re making more of it than there is. | 他们肯定是夸大其词了 |
[20:39] | Well, you won’t know until you talk to them, will you? | 你得问过他们才能知道了 是吧 |
[20:41] | If you’re needed, you must go. | 如果他们需要你 你就该去 |
[20:43] | Sgt. Jakes back and forth to court, | 杰克斯警长还要上庭 |
[20:45] | I don’t want to leave you a man down in the middle of all this. | 我不想在这当口让你再缺人手 |
[20:47] | You let me worry about that. | 那个我来解决 |
[20:52] | Actually, sir, there is someone I suppose you could look to. | 其实 长官 有个人或许能帮上你 |
[20:55] | I won’t forget this. | 我不会忘恩的 |
[20:57] | It’s only acting detective constable. | 只是代理警员而已 |
[20:59] | It’s not permanent. | 又不是永久性的 |
[21:00] | Little acorns, matey. | 千里之行嘛 伙计 |
[21:03] | See if you can get anywhere with this car. | 看你能不能查到这辆车 |
[21:05] | Keep checking the garages. | 继续去各个汽修店查 |
[21:06] | Righto. | 好 |
[21:08] | Well, I hope your old man’s, uh… | 希望你老爸… |
[21:11] | Well, you know. | 你懂的 |
[21:37] | Joyce said she’d telephoned. | 乔伊丝说要打电话的 |
[21:40] | Hello, Gwen. | 你好 格温 |
[21:42] | I suppose you’d better come in. | 你快进来吧 |
[21:44] | Your old room’s full of lumber. | 你的旧房间堆满了木柴 |
[21:48] | I’ll be all right on the couch. | 我睡沙发就行 |
[21:49] | I’ve aired the bed in the spare. | 我在客房里铺了床 |
[21:51] | I won’t have it said we couldn’t put you up. | 我可不要人说我们没好好招待你 |
[21:55] | Hello, stranger. | 你好 陌生人 |
[21:56] | Hello, Joycie. | 你好 乔伊丝 |
[21:57] | You’ve lost weight. | 你瘦了 |
[21:58] | Are they not looking after you down there? | 他们没好好照顾你吗 |
[22:00] | Oh, you know. | 你知道的 |
[22:02] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[22:04] | Sis? | 妹妹 |
[22:12] | There was no need for you to come up. | 你不用跑来的 |
[22:15] | I told Joyce not to fuss. | 我叫乔伊丝不必大惊小怪了 |
[22:22] | How do you feel? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[22:24] | Just a bad turn. | 就不舒服了一下 |
[22:26] | I’m right now. | 我现在没事了 |
[22:36] | Can I get you anything? | 需要我给你拿点什么吗 |
[22:42] | There’s a three-year-old, | 有匹三岁的马 |
[22:44] | “Rowsby Woof,” | “暴吠” |
[22:46] | running in the 2:15 at Catterick. | 2:15在卡特里克跑 |
[22:49] | You could put five-bob on for us. | 你可以给我下五镑的注 |
[22:54] | I’d phone it through, only she won’t let me. | 我想打电话下注 但她不许 |
[23:37] | Penny for them. | 想啥呢 |
[23:47] | Dad? | 孩儿他爸 |
[23:52] | Work. | 工作的事 |
[23:54] | What work? | 什么事 |
[23:57] | Mickey Carter, if you must know. | 米奇·卡特 如果你非要问 |
[24:01] | Don’t dwell, Fred. | 别老想了 弗莱德 |
[24:08] | No. | 是啊 |
[24:17] | Thought you’d taken the pledge. | 你不是戒了吗 |
[24:18] | I fell amongst thieves. | 近墨者黑啊 |
[24:20] | Goes with the job, I suppose. | 也算工作需要吧 |
[24:22] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[24:24] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[24:31] | Why did you go back? | 你为什么回去了 |
[24:33] | To Oxford. | 回牛津 |
[24:36] | A policeman goes where he’s sent. | 警察去哪要听安排的 |
[24:39] | When I told Pop, he just said, | 我告诉爸爸时 他只说 |
[24:42] | “Proverbs 26:11.” | 《箴言篇》26:11 |
[24:51] | I thought maybe… | 我还想是不是… |
[24:55] | Well… | 那个… |
[24:58] | I’ve many faults, God knows, | 天知道我有很多缺点 |
[25:01] | but I try to draw the line at masochism. | 但我尽量不做个受虐狂 |
[25:05] | Besides, traditionally, | 再说 一般来讲 |
[25:06] | it’s the killer that returns to the scene of the crime, not the… | 都是凶手返回犯罪现场 而不是… |
[25:13] | whatever I was. | 不管我是什么 |
[25:31] | I’ll telephone. | 我会打电话的 |
[25:34] | No need. | 不用 |
[25:35] | Not on my account. | 不用为我 |
[25:37] | Long distance. | 还长途的 |
[25:46] | Police still? | 还是警察吗 |
[25:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:52] | Never liked the police. | 一向不喜欢警察 |
[26:03] | Well, I’d better be off. | 我得走了 |
[26:04] | You’re not, you know. | 你不是的 |
[26:06] | A disappointment. | 你不是个失望 |
[26:08] | He’s proud of you. | 他为你骄傲的 |
[26:09] | In his way. | 以他自己的方式 |
[26:11] | It’s just… | 他就是… |
[26:13] | You remind him of your mother. | 你让他想起你母亲 |
[26:20] | Will you let me know how he is? | 他有什么情况你都要告诉我 |
[26:23] | If I need to come back. | 如果需要我回来 |
[26:25] | Or…? | 或是… |
[26:31] | Since when do we do that? | 我们什么时候还做这个了 |
[26:32] | You looked like you could do with it. | 你似乎挺需要的 |
[26:52] | Who? | 谁 |
[26:53] | Vic Kasper, sir. | 维克·卡斯帕 长官 |
[26:54] | Retired, he says. | 他说是退休了 |
[26:56] | Taken over the Moonlight Rooms. | 接手了月光酒吧 |
[26:57] | Gone legit. | 做正经生意了 |
[26:58] | Any truth in it? | 是真的吗 |
[27:01] | Faces like Vic Kasper don’t retire, sir. | 维克·卡斯帕这样的人不会退休 长官 |
[27:03] | I spoke to a colleague at the Yard. | 我问过了一位伦敦警察厅的同事 |
[27:05] | He says Kasper’s recently become persona non | 他说卡斯帕最近跟西德·弗莱彻 |
[27:07] | with Sid and Gerald Fletcher. | 和杰拉德·弗莱彻交了恶 |
[27:09] | You think he’s come here looking for a soft touch. | 你认为他是希望这里能更好混 |
[27:14] | More likely he’s come here to keep breathing. | 更可能是为了生存下来 |
[27:30] | What are you doing out here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[27:31] | It’s perishing. | 冷死了 |
[27:33] | Making plans. | 做打算呢 |
[27:34] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[27:36] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:39] | You happy? | 你开心吗 |
[27:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
[27:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:42] | You like the house? | 你喜欢这房子吗 |
[27:44] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[27:45] | I want you to be happy. | 我希望你开心 |
[27:48] | You make me a king. | 你让我觉得像个国王 |
[27:51] | You and me, Cyn. | 你和我 辛 |
[27:53] | All the way. | 直到永远 |
[28:00] | Oh, you stupid… | 你这傻瓜… |
[28:41] | Oxford 38802. | 牛津38802 |
[28:43] | Good afternoon, this is Detective Constable Morse, | 下午好 我是摩斯警员 |
[28:45] | City Police. | 市警局 |
[28:46] | Could you give me your address, please? | 能告诉我你的地址吗 |
[28:48] | The address? | 地址 |
[28:48] | What do you want the address for? | 你要我的地址干什么 |
[28:50] | I’m trying to trace someone at this number | 我在找一个用这个电话号码的 |
[28:52] | with the initials “J.V.” | 姓名缩写是JV的人 |
[29:04] | Operations Room? | 控制室 |
[29:05] | Could you get me a reverse trace on Oxford 38802? | 能帮我反向追踪电话牛津38802的地址吗 |
[29:10] | Hello, matey! | 你好 伙计 |
[29:11] | Wasn’t expecting you back so soon. | 没想到你这么快就回来了 |
[29:14] | All, uh…? | 都还… |
[29:16] | Yep, fine. | 嗯 还好 |
[29:18] | I don’t suppose you’d any luck with the garages? | 你在汽修店查到什么线索了吗 |
[29:20] | I did a ring around | 我给电话簿上 |
[29:20] | of pretty much every garage in the book, actually. | 几乎所有汽修店都打了电话 |
[29:23] | Got a list of all vehicles booked in for body repair | 记录了案发以来所有预定了车身维修的 |
[29:25] | since it happened. | 车辆的信息 |
[29:26] | Quite a long list as it turns out, | 但这份清单很长 |
[29:28] | but it paid dividends. | 不过还是有收获的 |
[29:31] | There was a Bentley | 有辆宾利 |
[29:32] | booked in at a dealership in Kidlington yesterday. | 昨天预约送修一家基灵顿的车行 |
[29:35] | Cracked windscreen. | 挡风玻璃碎了 |
[29:37] | Owner Mr. Jolyon Frobisher. | 车主是乔里恩·弗罗比舍先生 |
[29:42] | The master at Badeley? | 贝德利学院的院长 |
[29:45] | Piece of cake, this detecting lark. | 做侦探 小菜一碟嘛 |
[29:47] | Don’t know what you make all that fuss about. | 不知道你们为什么那么当回事 |
[29:57] | Dr. Frobisher? | 弗罗比舍博士 |
[29:59] | Dorothea Frazil, Oxford Mail. | 多蕾茜娅·弗雷泽 《牛津邮报》 |
[30:01] | I wondered if, as master of Badeley, | 不知作为贝德利学院的院长 |
[30:04] | you’d any comment to make in response | 您对我们近期的布斯山报道 |
[30:06] | to our recent article on Booth Hill. | 可有什么评论 |
[30:08] | On the record, | 我正式声明 |
[30:09] | obviously I’m very concerned by such allegations. | 这样的指控当然令我颇为关注 |
[30:13] | And off the record, Dr. Frobisher? | 那您私下的想法呢 弗罗比舍博士 |
[30:18] | I think those who make | 我认为那些 |
[30:20] | irresponsible allegations in print | 报道不负责任指控的人 |
[30:23] | should take very great care. | 要非常小心了 |
[30:27] | I can’t, Mr. Thursday. | 我不能 瑟斯戴先生 |
[30:29] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[30:30] | It’s more than my life. | 这是要我命的事 |
[30:32] | Fair enough, Morry. | 也是 莫里 |
[30:33] | We’d better get him back, then, Sergeant Jakes. | 那我们送他回去吧 杰克斯警长 |
[30:35] | It’s not going to look very good if Kasper sees us drop him off | 如果卡斯帕看到我们送他到月光酒吧 |
[30:38] | outside the Moonlight Rooms, sir. | 可不太好啊 长官 |
[30:41] | Someone might take him for a grass, you mean? | 你是说可能会有人当他是告密鬼吗 |
[30:43] | Think he’s been running his mouth off? | 认为他多嘴了 |
[30:45] | But I ain’t! | 但我没有 |
[30:53] | Look, Vic came in as a sleeping partner with Charlie | 好吧 维克是作为查理的匿名合伙人加入的 |
[30:57] | about two years ago. | 那是大概两年前 |
[30:59] | That’s all I know. | 我就知道这么多 |
[31:00] | Charlie was happy with that? | 查理满意这个安排吗 |
[31:02] | You don’t say no to Vic Kasper. | 你无法拒绝维克·卡斯帕 |
[31:05] | Go on, then. | 走吧 |
[31:07] | You can get the bus back. | 你可以坐公共汽车回去 |
[31:28] | Oh, Millie. | 米莉 |
[31:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[31:31] | I thought the porter must have it wrong. | 我以为是门房弄错了 |
[31:33] | The master insisted. | 院长坚持的 |
[31:37] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[31:40] | Rather at sixes and sevens, I’m afraid. | 还很不知所措 |
[31:43] | Trying to organize the funeral, | 我在安排葬礼 |
[31:44] | but I imagine I’m making the most frightful hash of it. | 但我肯定是弄得一团糟 |
[31:46] | Oh, Millie. | 米莉 |
[31:48] | It really is too bad. | 真是太遗憾了 |
[31:50] | I can’t bear to see you like this. | 我不忍心见你这个样子 |
[31:52] | I’m all right, really. | 我没事 真的 |
[31:54] | Nonsense. | 别傻了 |
[31:55] | You’ve looked after me in so many ways. | 你以前那么关照我 |
[31:58] | All those wonderful meals you’ve prepared. | 给我准备了那么多丰盛的晚餐 |
[32:00] | So…Listen. | 所以 |
[32:02] | I’m going to come over and help tidy Al’s things. | 我会过去帮忙整理阿利的东西 |
[32:05] | His things? | 他的东西 |
[32:06] | His papers? | 他的论文 |
[32:07] | Essays? | 文章 |
[32:08] | Whatever else needs taking care of. | 任何其他需要处理的东西 |
[32:11] | If he was anything like me, | 他如果像我一样 |
[32:12] | there may well be books from the college library need returning. | 可能还有需要还给学院图书馆的书 |
[32:17] | So, how’s that sound? | 听起来怎么样 |
[32:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[32:22] | Oh, that would be most terribly kind. | 那真是太感谢了 |
[32:23] | Not at all. | 没事 |
[32:26] | Many hands, eh? | 多个帮手 不是吗 |
[32:27] | Two heads better than one. | 人多智广 |
[32:34] | DC Morse, City Police. | 摩斯警员 市警局 |
[32:36] | I spoke to someone on the telephone here | 我和一个住这儿的人通过电话 |
[32:37] | about an hour ago. | 大概一小时前 |
[32:38] | Would that have been you, Miss…? | 是你吗 小姐您叫… |
[32:40] | Vallens. Judy. | 瓦伦斯 朱蒂 |
[32:42] | No, I’ve only been in about 20 minutes. | 不是 我回家才20分钟 |
[32:46] | Any idea why Professor Coke Norris | 是否知道科克·诺里斯教授 |
[32:48] | might’ve come to have your initials and telephone number | 怎么会有写着你姓名缩写和电话号码的 |
[32:50] | written in a matchbook, Miss Vallens? | 纸板火柴 瓦伦斯小姐 |
[32:52] | None. | 不知道 |
[32:54] | I see him every now and then at lectures, | 我有时会在讲座上看到他 |
[32:55] | but that’s it. | 但再就没别的了 |
[33:00] | You’re a student at which college? | 你是哪所学院的学生 |
[33:02] | I’m a Matildabeeste. | 我是个玛蒂尔达兽 |
[33:04] | Lady Matilda’s. | 玛蒂尔达夫人学院 |
[33:09] | What about the matchbook? | 那纸板火柴呢 |
[33:10] | Do you recognize that? | 你认得吗 |
[33:24] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[33:26] | Those. | 那个 |
[33:28] | Yes, I’m sorry. | 是啊 抱歉 |
[33:31] | That would be my flat-mate, Georgina Bannard. | 那是我的室友 乔治娜·班纳德的 |
[33:34] | She gets them from work. | 她在工作的地方拿的 |
[33:37] | Where’s that? | 那是哪里 |
[33:38] | Some club off the Broad. | 宽街附近的某个夜店 |
[33:42] | The Moonlight Rooms? | 月光酒吧吗 |
[33:47] | What does she do there? | 她在那里做什么 |
[33:49] | Cigarette girl. | 卖烟女郎 |
[33:56] | Is she at home? | 她在家吗 |
[33:59] | I’d like to speak with her. | 我想找她谈谈 |
[34:03] | When I got back from college, all her stuff was gone. | 我从学院回来时 她的东西都不在了 |
[34:10] | Have you roomed together long? | 你们合租很久了吗 |
[34:12] | Eight or nine months. | 八九个月吧 |
[34:16] | Might she have a boyfriend she’s gone to stay with? | 她会是去跟哪个男友住了吗 |
[34:18] | Nobody steady, I don’t think. | 她好像没有固定的男友 |
[34:20] | What about family? | 家人呢 |
[34:22] | In the West Country somewhere. | 在西部什么地方 |
[34:24] | You wouldn’t happen to have a photograph, by any chance? | 你不会刚好有她的照片吧 |
[34:26] | No, why would I? | 没有 我怎么会有 |
[34:29] | We’re not close. | 我们关系没那么好 |
[34:32] | You seem very nervous, Miss Vallens, | 你似乎很紧张 瓦伦斯小姐 |
[34:34] | if you don’t mind my saying so. | 如果你不介意我这么说的话 |
[34:37] | Is there something worrying you? | 你在为什么事担心吗 |
[34:39] | Besides coming home to find that Gina’s cleared out | 除了回到家发现乔娜跑了 |
[34:42] | and landed me with the rent, | 剩我一个人交租 |
[34:44] | then you showing up 20 minutes later? | 而警察20分钟后就来敲门吗 |
[34:52] | Well, if | 那如果 |
[34:55] | if she does happen to get in touch, | 她跟你联系了 |
[34:58] | could you ask her to call me? | 可以叫她给我打电话吗 |
[35:01] | She’s not in any trouble. | 她没惹什么麻烦 |
[35:02] | I’d just like to speak with her. | 我就是想跟她说话 |
[35:14] | Did your husband ever talk about a Judy Vallens? | 你丈夫提过一位朱蒂·瓦伦斯吗 |
[35:18] | She’s an undergrad at Lady Matilda’s. | 她是玛蒂尔达夫人学院的一位学生 |
[35:21] | No. | 没有 |
[35:23] | How about Georgina Bannard? | 那乔治娜·班纳德呢 |
[35:26] | If you entertain any suspicion of impropriety | 如果你是在怀疑我丈夫 |
[35:28] | between my husband and these young women you mentioned, | 跟你提到的这两位年轻女子有什么越轨行为 |
[35:32] | I believe I can set your mind at rest. | 我可以让你安心了 |
[35:38] | After Audrey’s accident… | 自从奥黛丽的事故… |
[35:43] | How to put it… | 怎么说呢 |
[35:45] | Alistair lost all interest in, and indeed facility for, | 阿利斯特就失去了行房的兴趣 |
[35:49] | physical intimacy. | 和能力 |
[35:50] | Completely. | 完全丧失了 |
[35:53] | He used to ride to hounds, you see. | 他以前会骑马打猎 |
[35:56] | When Audrey was 12, | 奥黛丽12岁时 |
[35:57] | he took her out with the Alvescot Hunt. | 他带她去参加了奥维斯科狩猎 |
[36:00] | Meant to be her blooding. | 本是想让她长长见识 |
[36:03] | Only there was… | 但是… |
[36:06] | Alistair said that a snipe | 阿利斯特说有个狙击手 |
[36:08] | broke cover right in front of her mount | 就在她马前从藏身处跳了出来 |
[36:09] | and she was thrown, and… | 她被甩下了马 |
[36:14] | Al felt himself responsible, you see. | 阿利觉得是他的错 |
[36:16] | He wasn’t, of course. | 但当然不是了 |
[36:18] | But… | 可… |
[36:24] | She’s in some sort of clinic, I understand. | 据我所知 她在一个诊所里 |
[36:27] | In London. | 在伦敦 |
[36:28] | She needs constant specialist care. | 她需要一直接受特护 |
[36:35] | Did your husband ever mention Booth Hill, Mrs. Coke Norris? | 你丈夫是否提过布斯山 科克·诺里斯太太 |
[36:39] | Well, for the past year or so, he’d talked of little else. | 这一年来 他张口闭口就是那个 |
[36:43] | Really? | 是吗 |
[36:44] | Why? What was his interest? | 为什么 他为何感兴趣 |
[36:46] | Booth Hill was originally owned by Alistair’s family. | 布斯山原本属于阿利斯特的家族 |
[36:51] | They gifted it to Badeley College | 他们赠给了贝德利学院 |
[36:53] | after the Great War | 那是在一战之后 |
[36:54] | as a way of avoiding death duties. | 以此来逃避遗产税 |
[36:57] | Land rich, cash poor. | 有土地 没现金 |
[37:00] | So where did he stand on this proposed development? | 那他对建设提议的看法是什么 |
[37:03] | He felt it went against the spirit | 他觉得这有违 |
[37:05] | in which the gift had been given. | 当初赠送的精神 |
[37:06] | Not that anyone seemed to care very much. | 不过其他人似乎并不在乎 |
[37:09] | Except for Ian, of course. | 当然 除了伊恩 |
[37:11] | Ian? | 伊恩 |
[37:12] | Dr. Kern. | 科恩博士 |
[37:13] | Everyone else was more concerned | 其他人都更在乎 |
[37:15] | with what they were going to make out of it personally. | 他们自己能从中得的利 |
[37:18] | All the senior fellows stand to gain a considerable windfall. | 所有高级研究员都能得到一笔不菲的意外之财 |
[37:22] | Including your husband. | 包括你丈夫 |
[37:23] | Alistair wouldn’t have taken it. | 阿利斯特不会要的 |
[37:25] | As a point of principle. | 那是原则问题 |
[37:28] | Not that I imagine Jolyon Frobisher | 不过我猜乔里恩·弗罗比舍 |
[37:30] | will feel such an offer need be made now. | 现在肯定觉得可以省下这笔钱了 |
[37:36] | The sale was formally approved, I understand, | 据我所知 这笔买卖正是在 |
[37:38] | at a meeting the evening Professor Coke Norris died. | 科克·诺里斯教授死的那晚的一场会议上通过的 |
[37:42] | That’s rather more at stake | 这事的分量 |
[37:44] | than the “General Housekeeping” you led me to believe. | 可比你说的”一般校务”要重大得多 |
[37:47] | I said it was college business, which it is. | 我说了是学院事务 它就是 |
[37:50] | Might Professor Coke Norris have carried the day | 如果科克·诺里斯教授当时能提出反对 |
[37:52] | if he’d spoken against? | 他会扭转局势吗 |
[37:53] | He would not. | 不会的 |
[37:55] | The land has been in college ownership for nearly 50 years. | 土地已在学院名下近50年了 |
[37:58] | It’s ours to dispose of as we think best. | 我们有权按自己的意思处置它 |
[38:01] | Why? Is the college short of funds? | 为什么 学院缺钱吗 |
[38:04] | Management of the land | 打理土地 |
[38:05] | has been a constant drain on resources. | 一直在压榨学院的资源 |
[38:07] | The decision was as much about what the college stood to save | 这个决定不但是为了给学院挣钱 |
[38:10] | by letting it go as about what it might gain. | 也是要给学院省钱 |
[38:13] | Your vehicle has been booked in the garage | 你的车因为挡风玻璃破碎 |
[38:14] | with a broken windscreen. | 预约送修了 |
[38:16] | How did that happen? | 那是怎么回事 |
[38:17] | I came out one morning, and there it was. | 我一天早上出来 它就那样了 |
[38:19] | Vandals, I suppose. | 有人搞破坏吧 |
[38:21] | Or some drunken undergraduate prank. | 或是喝醉的学生恶作剧 |
[38:23] | Or some of your late tenant farmers | 或是你的一些老佃农 |
[38:26] | expressing displeasure at being driven off their land? | 在表达被赶出他们的土地的不满 |
[38:29] | Their land? | 他们的土地 |
[38:31] | What are you, some sort of socialist? | 你是社会主义者吗 |
[38:35] | Booth Hill is our land, for the moment. | 布斯山现在是我们的土地 |
[38:38] | How did you know about my car? | 你怎么知道我车的事的 |
[38:40] | When investigating a hit-and-run, | 我们在调查一起肇事逃逸 |
[38:41] | it’s procedure to compile a list of all vehicles | 正常流程就是查出事发后 |
[38:44] | booked in for bodywork or windscreen repairs post facto. | 所有预约送修车身或挡风玻璃的车辆 |
[38:47] | Post facto? Indeed. | 还事发后呢 |
[38:48] | After the fact. | 在事情发生后 |
[38:49] | I know what it means. | 我知道是什么意思 |
[38:52] | Well, then, you’ll have no objection | 那你应该不会介意 |
[38:53] | to one of my colleagues taking a look at your vehicle? | 让我的一名同事看看你的车 |
[38:57] | None. | 不介意 |
[38:59] | Unfortunately, it’s presently on loan to my brother. | 不巧的是 我现在把车借给我弟弟了 |
[39:03] | Where might I find your brother? | 我去哪能找到你弟弟 |
[39:06] | On the continent somewhere. | 在欧洲什么地方 |
[39:08] | He’s decided to drive down to Monte for a few weeks. | 他决定开车去蒙特几周 |
[39:12] | Of course, as soon as he returns, I’ll let you know. | 当然 他一回来 我就通知你 |
[39:18] | I’ll look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[39:20] | Coke Norris was meant to speak against the sale of Booth Hill | 科克·诺里斯本打算在学院辩论上 |
[39:23] | at a college debate, | 反对出售布斯山 |
[39:24] | only he was killed by a hit-and-run driver on the way in. | 但他去的路上却因肇事逃逸丧命 |
[39:26] | The ayes carried the day. | 于是提议通过了 |
[39:28] | That’s the Moonlight Rooms motif, isn’t it? | 那不是月光酒吧的标志吗 |
[39:29] | I’m hoping they may shed some light | 我希望他们能知道 |
[39:31] | on the disappearance of this Georgina Bannard. | 关于乔治娜·班纳德失踪的事 |
[39:33] | I told you, I don’t want you getting involved with that lot. | 我说了 我不希望你跟他们扯上关系 |
[39:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[39:36] | Because Y’s not a Zed. | 不为什么 |
[39:41] | Do you mean because of Carter? | 是因为卡特吗 |
[39:45] | Well, do you have any objection to me going to the town hall? | 那你反对我去市政厅吗 |
[39:48] | I’ve a meeting booked with Mark Carlisle, | 我跟马克·卡莱尔约了见面 |
[39:50] | the senior planning officer. | 他是高级规划主管 |
[39:51] | Talk to who you want. | 你找谁谈都行 |
[39:52] | You just keep away from Vic Kasper. | 但你离维克·卡斯帕远点 |
[39:58] | Anyway, how’d you make out at home? | 好了 你家里怎么样了 |
[39:59] | Your father on the mend? | 你父亲好点了吗 |
[40:04] | Seems to be. | 好像是的 |
[40:13] | What’s that, then? A lager beer, is it? | 那是什么 陈贮啤酒吗 |
[40:15] | Double Diamond. | 双菱啤酒 |
[40:18] | Works wonders. | 有神效 |
[40:19] | The wonder is anyone buys the stuff. | 真正神奇的是有人信这些 |
[40:21] | Pour me one while you’re there. | 顺便给我倒一杯 |
[40:23] | Pour it yourself. | 自己倒 |
[40:31] | You’d pour him one. | 你都给他倒 |
[40:35] | Yeah, I would. | 当然了 |
[40:40] | Has he said anything? | 他说什么了吗 |
[40:45] | He thinks you’re gonna land him in it. | 他觉得你会拖累他 |
[40:47] | That copper was talking to Morry about a lorry-load of smokes. | 那个警察之前在问莫里一车烟的事 |
[40:51] | If he wanted to retire, | 如果他想退休 |
[40:53] | he should’ve bought a bungalow and moved to Margate. | 他就该买栋小屋 搬去马尔盖特 |
[40:59] | It’s disgusting the way he’s carrying on. | 他现在这么干真不像话 |
[41:01] | – He’s earned it. – He’s gone soft. | -这是他应得的 -他心变软了 |
[41:03] | He’s more of a man than you’ll ever be. | 他是你永远比不上的男人 |
[41:09] | Thorpey on the phone, Vin. | 索皮来电话 文 |
[41:19] | Don’t mess it up for him. | 别给他添乱 |
[41:21] | It’s what he wants. | 这是他想要的 |
[41:24] | What about what I want? | 那我想要的怎么办 |
[41:27] | What do you want, Vince? | 你想要什么 文斯 |
[42:07] | Badeley stands to make quite a lot of money, I’d imagine. | 贝德利学院应该能挣一大笔吧 |
[42:09] | The recompense is proportionate, | 赔偿金是合理的 |
[42:11] | but our overriding impulse is one of social conscience. | 但我们的主要考虑是社会公德 |
[42:14] | Have you seen some of the housing at the Oxpens? | 你看到牛圈区一些房屋的状况了吗 |
[42:17] | Yes indeed. | 是啊 |
[42:18] | Then you know. | 那你就知道 |
[42:20] | The place is a midden. | 那里破败不堪 |
[42:22] | People need somewhere decent to live. | 人们需要个好地方住 |
[42:24] | Hot water. | 有热水 |
[42:25] | Indoor plumbing. | 有室内管道系统 |
[42:27] | This new development will be light, | 这片新住宅区会轻便 |
[42:30] | clean, airy. | 干净 通风 |
[42:33] | You’ve seen the papers, presumably. | 你应该看过报纸了吧 |
[42:35] | The Mail? | 《邮报》 |
[42:37] | The story about the tenant farmers being driven off the land. | 关于佃农被赶出土地的报道 |
[42:39] | I sincerely hope you’re not suggesting | 我真心希望你不是想说 |
[42:41] | the council would have anything to do with such a thing. | 市议会会跟那种事有关 |
[42:43] | Someone was very keen to have them off the land. | 有人很希望他们离开那里 |
[42:46] | If they’re to be believed. | 如果事实真如此的话 |
[42:48] | Money in the air. | 这事关钱 |
[42:50] | They could just be laying the groundwork | 他们也可能只是在为 |
[42:52] | to bring a suit at some point down the road. | 将来提起诉讼打铺垫 |
[42:53] | For what? | 什么诉讼 |
[42:54] | Compensation? | 赔偿金 |
[42:56] | Loss of earnings? | 收入损失 |
[42:57] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[42:59] | Simple, everyday country folk? | 简单普通的乡下人吗 |
[43:01] | I wouldn’t trust half of ’em as far as I could spit. | 有一半的人我都信不过 |
[43:10] | The kids haven’t seen it? | 孩子们没看到吧 |
[43:11] | Think I’m stupid? | 当我傻啊 |
[43:14] | Who sent it? | 谁寄的 |
[43:20] | Is that why you were about Mickey Carter the other night? | 所以你那晚才提起了米奇·卡特吗 |
[43:25] | I thought we’d left all this behind. | 我以为那些都过去了 |
[43:45] | Evening, officer. | 晚上好 警官 |
[43:47] | What can I get you? | 你需要点什么 |
[43:48] | I’m looking for a Georgina Bannard. | 我找一位乔治娜·班纳德 |
[43:50] | I believe she works here as a cigarette girl. | 她应该是这里的卖烟女郎 |
[43:53] | Don’t ring a bell. | 没印象 |
[43:54] | They come and go. | 她们来来去去的 |
[43:55] | Stick around and enjoy the show. | 别走 留下看表演吧 |
[43:57] | Anything he wants, on the house. | 他要的东西都免单 |
[44:03] | Ladies and gentlemen, would you please put your hands together | 女士们先生们 麻烦大家鼓掌 |
[44:07] | and give a Moonlight Rooms welcome to Miss Lila Pilgrim. | 以月光酒吧的热情欢迎莱拉·皮尔格姆小姐 |
[45:22] | What’s your game? | 你干什么 |
[45:23] | Can’t you see a girl’s getting changed? | 看不到姑娘家换衣服呢 |
[45:25] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[45:26] | I just wanted to ask if any of you know a girl | 我只想问你们是否认识一个 |
[45:28] | called Georgina Bannard. | 乔治娜·班纳德 |
[45:30] | Lost something? | 丢东西了吗 |
[45:32] | “Artists only,” can’t you read? | “仅限艺人” 不识字吗 |
[45:34] | No customers back here. | 客人不许来这儿 |
[45:36] | Want me to tell you twice? | 要我说两遍吗 |
[45:37] | It’s all right, Vince. | 没事 文斯 |
[45:39] | I’ve got it. | 交给我吧 |
[45:41] | Do you want to come through? | 你过来吧 |
[45:47] | I’m sorry, Miss. | 抱歉 小姐 |
[45:57] | Drink? | 喝一杯吗 |
[45:58] | No, thank you, Miss… | 不了 谢谢 小姐是… |
[46:01] | Riley. | 莱利 |
[46:02] | Cynthia. | 辛西娅 |
[46:03] | Call me Cyn. | 喊我辛就行 |
[46:06] | So where do you fit into this set-up, Miss Riley? | 你在这里是干什么的 莱利小姐 |
[46:11] | Hostess. | 老板娘 |
[46:13] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[46:16] | I doubt it. | 我看你不懂 |
[46:17] | Morry said you were looking for someone. | 莫里说你在找人 |
[46:20] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[46:22] | Georgina Bannard. | 乔治娜·班纳德 |
[46:23] | She works here as a cigarette girl. | 她在这里做卖烟女郎 |
[46:25] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[46:27] | Well, does she or doesn’t she? | 她是不是这里的卖烟女郎 |
[46:30] | Not here, ducky. | 不是在这里 |
[46:33] | Look, you seem like a nice bloke, | 你看上去人不错 |
[46:35] | but having coppers about makes the clientele jumpy. | 但有警察在 会让客人们紧张 |
[46:39] | So whatever you’re about, please, just drop it. | 不管你是为了什么事 到此为止吧 |
[46:44] | Walk away. | 转身走开吧 |
[46:45] | Or what? | 不然呢 |
[47:47] | Yours, I believe. | 你的吧 |
[47:48] | What’s your game? | 你想干什么 |
[47:48] | Vince… | 文斯 |
[47:49] | You send this to my home? | 你把这寄去我家 |
[47:51] | My home?! | 我家 |
[47:53] | Not me, Fred, you got it all wrong. | 不是我 弗莱德 你搞错了 |
[47:55] | You want to watch it. | 你给我小心点 |
[47:56] | Coming in here, throwing your weight about? | 跑进来发威 |
[47:57] | You’ll go the same way as your boy Carter. | 小心跟你的卡特一个下场 |
[48:02] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[48:03] | Sir. | 长官 |
[48:04] | You heard. | 你听到了 |
[48:06] | I don’t think I did. | 我没听清 |
[48:07] | Why don’t you come out from behind your mates | 要不你从你哥们身后站出来 |
[48:09] | and tell me again. | 再跟我说一遍吧 |
[48:10] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[48:13] | Get out, now. | 快出去 |
[48:14] | Morse, see her back. | 摩斯 送她回去 |
[48:21] | Now, where were we? | 我们说到哪了 |
[48:22] | Sit down, boy. | 坐下 小子 |
[48:26] | You gonna let him come in like that? | 你就允许他那么冲进来 |
[48:28] | Sit… down. | 坐下 |
[48:33] | You come near my family again, | 你再敢靠近我的家人 |
[48:35] | you’ll be needing a wreath, not me. | 会需要花圈的就是你 不是我 |
[49:06] | Who’s there? | 谁啊 |
[49:26] | You won’t say anything? | 你不会说什么吧 |
[49:29] | About Peter. | 关于彼得 |
[49:31] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[49:31] | It’s not easy meeting blokes. | 认识男人并不容易 |
[49:33] | With Dad. | 因为我爸的关系 |
[49:35] | No one’s… | 没人… |
[49:36] | Oh, God… | 天啊 |
[49:37] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[49:41] | Well, he can’t dance, I know that much. | 他不会跳舞 这我知道了 |
[49:47] | Nobody’s ever good enough. | 没人能入他眼 |
[49:49] | I’m sure he’s just got your best interests at heart. | 他肯定只是关心你 |
[49:54] | That’s very square. | 太老套了吧 |
[49:57] | Thought I’d be all right with a copper. | 我还以为找个警察他就称意了 |
[50:00] | Well, there are coppers and there are coppers. | 警察和警察还不一样呢 |
[50:02] | And what sort are you? | 那你是哪种 |
[50:05] | I’m the sort that see young ladies safely home. | 我是送年轻姑娘安全回家的那种 |
[50:09] | Go on. | 快去吧 |
[50:10] | I’ll wait until you get inside. | 我等你进门再走 |
[50:14] | Don’t say anything, will you? | 你不会说吧 |
[50:15] | No. | 不会 |
[50:17] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[50:23] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[50:25] | Night. | 晚安 |
[50:48] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[50:51] | – They didn’t…? – No. | -他们没… -没 |
[50:52] | Just put the frighteners on. | 就是吓了吓她 |
[50:58] | Everyone’s a critic. | 读者太难满足了 |
[51:01] | Any idea what was behind it? | 知道是为什么吗 |
[51:02] | Oh, they were quite specific. | 他们说得可清楚了 |
[51:05] | I’m to lay off any further stories about Booth Hill | 我要是知道好歹 就停止一切 |
[51:07] | if I know what’s good for me, | 关于布斯山的报道 |
[51:09] | which, alas, was a lesson I never took to. | 可惜 我从不吸取这个教训 |
[51:14] | I put the master of Badeley rather on the spot yesterday. | 我昨天让贝德利学院的院长很下不来台 |
[51:17] | He marked my dance card in no uncertain terms. | 他很明确地警告了我 |
[51:20] | Frobisher threatened you? | 弗罗比舍威胁了你 |
[51:22] | Bit heavy-handed for academics, I’d have thought. | 搞学术的下手不该这么重啊 |
[51:24] | I don’t expect they did their own dirty work. | 他们应该不是自己出手 |
[51:27] | All I’ve managed to glean, | 我只听出来 |
[51:28] | there seems to be some vague London connection. | 这事似乎跟伦敦有点联系 |
[51:30] | London? | 伦敦 |
[51:31] | I’ve picked up the name Fletcher once or twice. | 我听到了弗莱彻这名字一两次 |
[51:33] | Sid maybe, if that means anything. | 可能是西德 你们知道什么吗 |
[51:35] | It might. | 可能吧 |
[51:37] | Get a decent look at whoever it was? | 看清那人的样子了吗 |
[51:39] | It was dark. | 很黑 |
[51:40] | But there were two of them. | 但一共有两个人 |
[51:42] | I’ve given a description to Constable Strange. | 我已经向斯特兰奇警员描述过了 |
[51:47] | Unless there was anything else? | 没别的事了吧 |
[51:50] | I’ve got a leader to write. | 我还要写社评呢 |
[51:58] | You deny you threatened her? | 你否认威胁了她吗 |
[52:00] | Young man, that’s a grossly impertinent question. | 年轻人 这问题太无礼了 |
[52:03] | Condescend to me, Master, | 你再对我居高临下 院长 |
[52:05] | and I’ll frog-march you across that quad, | 我就押着你穿过院子 |
[52:07] | down the High and into Cowley police station! | 沿着主街一直走进考利警局 |
[52:09] | In handcuffs! | 铐着手铐 |
[52:10] | Do you understand? | 你懂吗 |
[52:13] | Did you threaten her? | 你威胁她了吗 |
[52:16] | I refute the allegation utterly, | 我完全否认这指控 |
[52:19] | as I do her previous farrago | 对她之前登的那些 |
[52:20] | of printed untruths and half-baked innuendo. | 虚假的愚蠢暗示我也全盘否认 |
[52:23] | Refute all you please. | 随你怎么否认 |
[52:26] | If I find out you had anything to do with what happened last night, | 如果我发现你跟昨晚的事有半点关系 |
[52:30] | I’ll bring the roof down on your head. | 我就让你吃不了兜着走 |
[52:51] | A complaint has been made | 贝德利学院的院长 |
[52:54] | by the master of Badeley College | 提出了投诉 |
[52:56] | about Morse. | 是针对摩斯的 |
[52:58] | He more or less accused him of being behind this incident | 他基本上指责他制造了昨晚《邮报》 |
[53:01] | at the Mail last night. | 发生的事 |
[53:02] | The paper’s been investigating links between Booth Hill | 报社一直在调查布斯山和一些 |
[53:04] | and certain figures in the London underworld, sir. | 伦敦黑帮人士之间的联系 长官 |
[53:07] | The Fletcher brothers. | 弗莱彻兄弟 |
[53:08] | But not this Kasper character you’re so keen on. | 但不是你很在意的这个卡斯帕 |
[53:11] | Vic Kasper and the Fletchers are known associates, sir. | 维克·卡斯帕和弗莱彻兄弟是同伙 长官 |
[53:14] | Former known associates, as I understand it. | 据我所知 那是以前了 |
[53:17] | The chief constable doesn’t want the master troubled again. | 警察局长不希望院长再被打扰 |
[53:22] | The development of Booth Hill is an integral part | 布斯山住宅区是市议会 |
[53:24] | of the council’s housing scheme. | 房屋规划的重要部分 |
[53:27] | Frobisher complains to the mayor, | 弗罗比舍向市长投诉 |
[53:28] | the mayor complains to the chief constable… | 市长向警察局长投诉 |
[53:31] | Well, we wouldn’t want murder standing in the way of profit. | 我们可不希望谋杀影响了牟利 |
[53:33] | Murder? | 谋杀 |
[53:34] | There’s nothing to suggest | 并无证据表明 |
[53:35] | that what happened to Professor Coke Norris | 科克·诺里斯教授的遭遇 |
[53:37] | was anything more than a tragic accident. | 并非只是简单的悲剧事故 |
[53:40] | Look, I don’t want this animus between Kasper and yourself | 我不希望你和卡斯帕之间的敌意 |
[53:42] | turning into some kind of private vendetta. | 变成私人复仇 |
[53:45] | This is Oxford, not the Wild West. | 这里是牛津 不是狂野西部 |
[53:46] | I know my duty, sir. | 我清楚我的职责 长官 |
[53:47] | See you remember it. | 你可别忘了 |
[53:49] | I’m thinking of you, Thursday. | 我是在为你着想 瑟斯戴 |
[53:50] | I’ve seen too many a good officer | 我见过太多好警察 |
[53:52] | lose his way over some personal feud. | 因为个人恩怨而迷失方向 |
[53:55] | Believe me, such things never end well. | 相信我 这种事从没有好结果 |
[53:59] | Sorry to interrupt, sir, but we’ve got a report come in | 抱歉打扰 长官 但我们接到报案 |
[54:02] | of a young woman’s body being found. | 称发现了一具年轻女尸 |
[54:04] | Looks like foul play. | 似乎是凶杀 |
[54:07] | Who found the body? | 谁发现了尸体 |
[54:08] | Courting couple, sir. | 恋爱情侣 长官 |
[54:10] | Quite a popular locale for it. | 这里是个”情人巷” |
[54:12] | Even in this weather? | 哪怕是这个天气吗 |
[54:13] | When the blood’s up, matey. | 热血一涌上来 伙计 |
[54:15] | Big with the local Toms, too, sir, for what it’s worth. | 本地的嫖客也喜欢来这里 长官 就说一句 |
[54:18] | Anything to say who she was? | 有表明她身份的东西吗 |
[54:20] | This was all she had in her pocket, I’m afraid. | 她兜里只有这个 |
[54:23] | Back of the head, point blank. | 脑后 近距离开枪 |
[54:26] | A couple of days ago, by the look of things. | 看来是已经死了两天了 |
[54:27] | A couple of days? You’re sure? | 两天吗 你确定 |
[54:29] | Sure? | 确定 |
[54:30] | If it is this Bannard girl, | 如果这是班纳德 |
[54:31] | her flatmate said she saw her only yesterday. | 她室友可是说昨天还见过她 |
[54:33] | Put it this way, Morse: | 这么说吧 摩斯 |
[54:34] | either I’m a home office pathologist | 要么我这位有多年经验的 |
[54:37] | of some years standing | 内政部病理学家 |
[54:39] | who’s suddenly taken leave of his senses, | 突然脑筋不灵光了 |
[54:42] | or she’s a liar. | 要么就是她撒谎 |
[54:43] | Frankly, I know where I’d put my sixpence. | 老实说 我知道我赌哪个 |
[54:48] | It’s the only photograph I have of us. | 这是我唯一一张我们的照片 |
[54:50] | Of Georgina. | 乔治娜的照片 |
[54:51] | I didn’t find it until after Constable Morse had left. | 摩斯警员走了之后我才找出来的 |
[54:53] | It’d fallen down the back of the fridge. | 掉到冰箱后面了 |
[54:57] | It’s not her, is it? | 不是她吧 |
[55:01] | I’m very sorry, Miss Vallens. | 我很遗憾 瓦伦斯小姐 |
[55:03] | My God… | 天啊 |
[55:08] | So when did you last see her? | 你最后见到她到底是什么时候 |
[55:11] | She was still working at the Moonlight Rooms, wasn’t she? | 她不是还在月光酒吧工作吗 |
[55:19] | You’re like a bad penny, Fred. | 你就像甩不掉的麻烦 弗莱德 |
[55:22] | See you brought your friends. | 你还带朋友来了 |
[55:24] | Safety in numbers, eh? | 人多安全吗 |
[55:25] | Get a brew on, Cyn. | 去煮壶茶 辛 |
[55:27] | Or do you want a man’s drink? | 还是你们要真男人的饮品 |
[55:28] | You know this girl? | 认识这姑娘吗 |
[55:31] | Should I? | 我该认识吗 |
[55:32] | She worked at the Moonlight Rooms. | 她在月光酒吧工作 |
[55:33] | I don’t get involved in the staff. | 我不管员工的事 |
[55:35] | That’s Cyn’s side. | 那是辛负责 |
[55:37] | Looker, though. | 挺好看的 |
[55:43] | You involved in this business with Coke Norris, Vic? | 你跟科克·诺里斯的事有关吗 维克 |
[55:47] | Coke Norris? | 科克·诺里斯 |
[55:48] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[55:49] | What’s this all about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[55:52] | The girl I was asking you about the other night. | 我那晚上问你的那个姑娘 |
[55:54] | Georgina Bannard. | 乔治娜·班纳德 |
[55:58] | How long had she worked at the club? | 她在夜店工作多久了 |
[56:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[56:01] | She was there when I arrived. | 我到时她已经在了 |
[56:03] | Never had any trouble with her. | 我跟她没有过任何麻烦 |
[56:05] | She’s good little worker. | 她挺勤奋的 |
[56:06] | Well, she’s a dead little worker now. | 她现在死了 |
[56:09] | They found her body this morning. | 她的尸体今早被发现了 |
[56:11] | Somebody had put a bullet in the back of her skull. | 有人一枪崩了她的后脑 |
[56:16] | That’s too bad. | 太可惜了 |
[56:19] | What did you say her name was? | 你说她叫什么 |
[56:21] | Georgina Bannard. | 乔治娜·班纳德 |
[56:23] | No. | 不 |
[56:25] | She called herself something else. | 她自称叫什么别的 |
[56:28] | Judy. | 朱蒂 |
[56:29] | That was it, yeah. | 没错 |
[56:31] | Judy Vallens. | 朱蒂·瓦伦斯 |
[56:33] | If it’s any use. | 不知对你有用没有 |
[56:36] | She used different names depending how the mood took her. | 她随心情用不同的名字 |
[56:39] | The mood? | 心情 |
[56:41] | She got caught up with people when she was younger. | 她年轻些时认识了些坏人 |
[56:43] | People who took advantage. | 他们利用她 |
[56:46] | Men. | 男人 |
[56:47] | You know? | 知道吧 |
[56:48] | Ended up with a record. | 结果她留了案底 |
[56:50] | She was a known prostitute? | 她是个有案底的妓女吗 |
[56:52] | Was she involved with Professor Coke Norris in that capacity? | 她跟科克·诺里斯教授有这方面的瓜葛吗 |
[56:58] | A while ago, she was sent to meet this man | 前一阵 她被派去贝斯沃特的一栋 |
[57:00] | in a mews in Bayswater. | 马厩改造房接客 |
[57:02] | Sent by whom? | 谁派她去的 |
[57:03] | Someone from where she worked. | 她工作的地方的什么人 |
[57:05] | She had to collect a key from a cubbyhole at Badeley. | 她还得去贝德利学院一间储藏室拿房钥匙 |
[57:08] | Whose cubbyhole? | 谁的储藏室 |
[57:09] | The master’s. | 院长的 |
[57:10] | Frobisher’s? | 弗罗比舍 |
[57:12] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[57:14] | Because I was with her when she picked it up. | 因为她去取钥匙时 我也在 |
[57:18] | How was that? | 怎么会 |
[57:23] | You were… | 你们是… |
[57:27] | particular friends, would it be? | 很好的朋友 是吗 |
[57:34] | You wouldn’t be the first | 你不会是第一个 |
[57:35] | to have their head turned by a working girl. | 迷上妓女的姑娘了 |
[57:39] | So I went with her to London. | 我就陪她去了伦敦 |
[57:41] | I kept out of the way, and the man arrived. | 我躲远了 然后那男人来了 |
[57:45] | It turned out that he was to do with the town hall. | 原来他是市政厅的人 |
[57:48] | He’d had a lot to drink, and he started talking… | 他喝了很多酒 就开始侃侃而谈 |
[57:50] | well, bragging… | 吹嘘 |
[57:52] | about some deal the council had going. | 市议会的一笔买卖 |
[57:55] | Booth Hill. | 布斯山 |
[57:56] | He said that he stood to make a packet, | 他说他能挣一大笔 |
[57:58] | only there was a don at the college | 但学院有个老师 |
[58:00] | trying to stop it going through. | 想阻止交易 |
[58:01] | Professor Coke Norris. | 科克·诺里斯教授 |
[58:02] | See, that was the weird thing. | 那就是奇怪之处 |
[58:04] | That’s what I couldn’t understand. | 那就是我无法理解的 |
[58:05] | You see, it was Coke Norris’s flat we were in. | 我们就是在科克·诺里斯的公寓 |
[58:07] | How could you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[58:08] | There were photos there, | 那里有照片 |
[58:09] | of him and his wife and their daughter. | 他和他妻子 女儿的照片 |
[58:13] | But from the way that this man was talking, | 但看这人说话的样子 |
[58:17] | it sounded as if he had it in for the professor. | 他似乎对教授很敌视 |
[58:19] | I mean, really had it in. | 非常敌视 |
[58:21] | You tried to warn Coke Norris, | 你想提醒科克·诺里斯 |
[58:23] | so you wrote your number down on a matchbook | 便把号码写在了一个纸板火柴上 |
[58:25] | and slipped it to him, asked him to call you. | 然后悄悄塞给他 让他打电话给你 |
[58:28] | Did he? | 他打了吗 |
[58:29] | He dropped by our flat on the way home from college, | 他从学院回家的路上来了趟我们的公寓 |
[58:32] | the day he got knocked down. | 就在他出车祸那天 |
[58:34] | I told him what I’d heard. | 我把我听到的都告诉他了 |
[58:36] | This man from the town hall. | 那个市政厅的人 |
[58:38] | Did he have a name? | 他叫什么 |
[58:40] | Carlisle. | 卡莱尔 |
[58:45] | Sexual favors? | 性受贿 |
[58:47] | That’s a scandalous allegation. | 那是造谣诽谤 |
[58:50] | In return for what? | 为了什么 |
[58:51] | Making sure the purchase of Booth Hill from Badeley | 确保从贝德利学院收购布斯山 |
[58:53] | goes through without a hitch | 能顺利进行 |
[58:55] | and seeing the construction contract | 而建筑合同也能花落 |
[58:57] | is awarded to the right bidder. | 定好的竞标者 |
[59:00] | Who is she, | 她是谁 |
[59:01] | this girl I’m supposed to have been carrying on with? | 你们说跟我有染的女孩 |
[59:03] | You’d have known her as Judy Vallens. | 你以为她叫朱蒂·瓦伦斯 |
[59:05] | Her real name was Georgina Bannard. | 但她真名是乔治娜·班纳德 |
[59:07] | You met her in a flat in Bayswater a couple of months ago. | 几个月前 你在贝斯沃特的一间公寓见到了她 |
[59:11] | We found her body this morning. | 我们今早发现了她的尸体 |
[59:14] | She’d been shot in the back of the head. | 她被从脑后开了一枪 |
[59:18] | The people you’ve got yourself involved with | 你打交道的那群人 |
[59:19] | are very dangerous individuals, Mr. Carlisle. | 都非常危险 卡莱尔先生 |
[59:22] | I’d urge you to cooperate with our inquiries. | 我建议你配合我们的调查 |
[59:24] | We can protect you. | 我们能够保护你 |
[59:27] | I don’t need protecting. | 我不需要保护 |
[59:29] | I’ve done nothing wrong. | 我没做错什么 |
[59:33] | Unless you’re here to charge me with something, | 除非你们要起诉我 |
[59:34] | I’ve nothing else to say. | 我没什么别的可说了 |
[59:38] | I’d have a good think about that if I were you. | 我要是你的话 就好好想想 |
[59:40] | A short spell inside’s better than eternity in a wooden box. | 蹲几年监狱可比长眠于棺材里好 |
[59:45] | You know where to reach us if you change your mind. | 如果你改了主意 你知道怎么联系我们 |
[59:49] | This flat of yours in London, Mrs. Coke Norris. | 你在伦敦的公寓 科克·诺里斯太太 |
[59:52] | Unless you’ve any objection, | 你不介意的话 |
[59:53] | I’d like to send Constable Morse to take a look. | 我想派摩斯警员去看看 |
[59:56] | Oh, no, of course not. | 当然不介意 |
[59:58] | But Alistair hasn’t been there in weeks. | 但阿利斯特好几周没去过那儿了 |
[1:00:01] | No? | 是吗 |
[1:00:02] | When was he last there? | 他最后一次去是什么时候 |
[1:00:04] | We went to the Proms in September. | 我们九月份去古典音乐节的时候 |
[1:00:06] | Really? | 是吗 |
[1:00:07] | What was the program? | 演奏的是什么曲目 |
[1:00:09] | The Haffner and Mahler 4. | 《哈夫纳交响曲》 还有《马勒第四交响曲》 |
[1:00:12] | Is it important? | 这重要吗 |
[1:00:13] | Only insofar as I wanted to go, but without success. | 就是我也想去 但没去成 |
[1:00:18] | Well, you missed out. | 那太可惜了 |
[1:00:19] | It was quite wonderful. | 演出相当精彩 |
[1:00:21] | We stayed up for the weekend, saw Audrey, | 我们在那儿过了周末 去看了奥黛丽 |
[1:00:23] | caught the first train back early on Monday morning. | 周一一早搭首班火车回来的 |
[1:00:26] | How often do you visit your daughter? | 你多久去看一次女儿 |
[1:00:29] | Every week, if I can. | 每周都去 如果可以的话 |
[1:00:30] | Would that be on the same day each week, or different days? | 每周都是同一天吗 还是不同的日子 |
[1:00:32] | The same day. | 同一天 |
[1:00:33] | So someone watching your movements | 也就是说 如果有人观察你的行程 |
[1:00:35] | would be able to make a pretty good guess | 能够很轻易地猜到 |
[1:00:36] | as to when your husband might be alone. | 你丈夫什么时候会独自一人 |
[1:00:39] | I suppose they could, yes. | 我想是的 |
[1:02:26] | Mrs. Carter? | 卡特太太吗 |
[1:02:29] | Mrs. Wilkins, I see. | 威尔金斯太太啊 |
[1:02:32] | But I am right in thinking that you were a Mrs. Carter? | 但您的确曾是卡特太太 对吗 |
[1:02:34] | He looked out for us after Mickey was killed. | 米奇被杀后 他很照顾我们 |
[1:02:36] | Inspector Thursday did? | 瑟斯戴督察吗 |
[1:02:37] | He sent me money at the end of each month. | 他每个月底都给我寄钱 |
[1:02:40] | Right up to when I got married again. | 直到我再婚 |
[1:02:43] | He’d taken Mickey under his wing, see. | 他一直很保护米奇 |
[1:02:45] | From a young constable. | 从他还是年轻警员时就开始了 |
[1:02:48] | Only that night, | 但那天晚上 |
[1:02:51] | Mickey went to see this informant by himself. | 米奇独自一人去见个线人 |
[1:02:55] | Turned out he’d been set up. | 结果他上当了 |
[1:02:57] | Meant to have only been a beating, everyone said, | 大家都说 原本只是想揍他一顿 |
[1:03:00] | but whoever it was went too far. | 但不管那人是谁 下狠手了 |
[1:03:05] | Mr. Thursday blamed himself. | 瑟斯戴先生很自责 |
[1:03:08] | I told him there was no need, but he wouldn’t have it. | 我和他说他不用自责 但他听不进去 |
[1:03:15] | Then when nobody got charged | 后来没人被起诉 |
[1:03:16] | and they started saying what they did about Mickey, | 他们开始吹嘘是怎么对米奇的 |
[1:03:21] | things got bad. | 情况变得很糟 |
[1:03:24] | Fred had a young family himself. | 弗莱德的孩子还小 |
[1:03:26] | He had to look out for them, make sure they were kept safe. | 他得照顾他们 确保他们的安全 |
[1:04:16] | You enjoying that sandwich? | 三明治好吃吗 |
[1:04:22] | It’s all right. | 还行吧 |
[1:04:25] | Do you come here often? | 你经常来这儿吗 |
[1:04:30] | Joan, isn’t it? | 你叫琼 对吗 |
[1:04:34] | Who wants to know? | 是谁想知道 |
[1:04:38] | You’re from down the Moonlight. | 你是月光酒吧的 |
[1:04:41] | Yeah, that’s right. | 没错 |
[1:04:44] | Vince. | 我叫文斯 |
[1:04:49] | You give a little message to your old man for me. | 替我给你爸捎个口信 |
[1:04:53] | You tell him… | 告诉他… |
[1:04:53] | If you’ve got something to say to my Dad, | 你要是有话想跟我爸说 |
[1:04:56] | you can tell him yourself, | 就自己跟他说去 |
[1:04:58] | if you can find the guts. | 如果你有种的话 |
[1:05:14] | Ah, matey. | 伙计 |
[1:05:15] | That envelope you had in London. | 你在伦敦找到的信封 |
[1:05:16] | Forensics confirms it was Coke Norris’s handwriting. | 鉴定人员确认了是科克·诺里斯的笔迹 |
[1:05:19] | Sent last post the night he died. | 他死的那晚随最后一批邮件寄出 |
[1:05:21] | Right, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[1:05:23] | Looks like Miss Vallens is on the level, sir. | 看来瓦伦斯小姐说的是真的 长官 |
[1:05:26] | Georgina Bannard had a string | 乔治娜·班纳德以她的名字 |
[1:05:27] | of soliciting convictions to her name. | 犯下了一系列卖淫罪 |
[1:05:29] | I say “her name.” Truth is, | 但其实不是”她”的名字 |
[1:05:30] | she gave a different alias every time she got nicked. | 每次她被捕都用不同的假名 |
[1:05:33] | Marion Childs. | 玛丽昂·查尔兹 |
[1:05:34] | June Buckridge. | 琼恩·巴克里奇 |
[1:05:35] | Betty Brinker. | 贝蒂·布林克 |
[1:05:37] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:05:38] | Well, I’d better let Mr. Bright know where we are. | 我去告诉布莱特先生我们的进展 |
[1:05:46] | You didn’t tell him? | 你没告诉他吗 |
[1:05:48] | The old man. | 老爷子 |
[1:05:50] | About the other night, with Joanie at the Moonlight. | 有关那晚和琼在月光酒吧的事 |
[1:05:53] | I would’ve. | 换我就会说 |
[1:05:54] | If it was you. | 如果是你的话 |
[1:05:58] | No, you wouldn’t. | 不 你不会的 |
[1:06:01] | Look, you’ve got your sergeants’ coming up tomorrow. | 你明天就要参加警长考试了 |
[1:06:06] | What if I could get you a look at the exam paper? | 如果我能让你看看考卷呢 |
[1:06:09] | If you don’t pass, | 如果你考不过 |
[1:06:10] | you’ll be stuck on General Inquiries for another year. | 就还得再做一年普通警务 |
[1:06:13] | That what you want? | 你想那样吗 |
[1:06:16] | I’m trying to do you a favor. | 我是想帮你 |
[1:06:18] | No. | 不 |
[1:06:20] | You’re trying to buy me off. | 你是想收买我 |
[1:06:24] | If you want to do me a favor…? | 如果你真想帮我的话 |
[1:06:28] | Don’t mess her about. | 别玩弄她 |
[1:06:31] | All right? | 好吗 |
[1:06:53] | Yeah, that’s my scrawl. | 没错 是我写的 |
[1:06:55] | I picked him up from Wolsey Gardens. | 他在沃尔西花园上了车 |
[1:06:59] | Old boy, 50s. | 老头 50多岁 |
[1:07:00] | Don, I took him for. | 我看像个老师 |
[1:07:03] | How come? | 怎么说 |
[1:07:04] | On account of the briefcase. | 因为他的公文包 |
[1:07:06] | I remember him because he give me a ten-bob tip. | 我记得他 因为他给了我十镑的小费 |
[1:07:11] | What time was this? | 几点的事 |
[1:07:13] | Around half-7:00. | 7:30左右 |
[1:07:17] | Where did you take him? | 你送他去了哪 |
[1:07:18] | Station. | 火车站 |
[1:07:20] | Wait and return. | 等了会儿 又返程了 |
[1:07:21] | I took it he must’ve been meeting someone, | 我还以为他肯定是去接人 |
[1:07:23] | only he wasn’t in there five minutes. | 可他在里面才待了不到五分钟 |
[1:07:32] | There you are, sir. | 给你 先生 |
[1:07:33] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[1:08:01] | 385… | 385号 |
[1:08:03] | One moment. | 稍等一下 |
[1:08:10] | Here we are, sir. | 给你 先生 |
[1:08:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:08:14] | I thought we had Professor Coke Norris’s briefcase? | 我们不是拿到科克·诺里斯教授的公文包了吗 |
[1:08:17] | So did whoever killed him, sir. | 杀他的人也以为 长官 |
[1:08:18] | But there were two: | 但有两个公文包 |
[1:08:19] | the one found in the next street to where he was run over | 一个在他被撞的隔壁街上找到 |
[1:08:22] | and this. | 还有这个 |
[1:08:22] | Where did you come by it? | 你从哪拿到的 |
[1:08:23] | In the left luggage office at the station, sir. | 火车站的行李寄存处 长官 |
[1:08:26] | That’s what the raffle ticket was for. | 那张券就是用来取包的 |
[1:08:28] | He got a taxi there on the way to Badeley College. | 他在去贝德利学院的路上 坐出租车去了那儿 |
[1:08:30] | He goes into the station with the first briefcase, | 他带着第一个公文包进了站 |
[1:08:33] | leaves this one inside, | 把这个包留在那儿 |
[1:08:34] | then comes out carrying the same one he went in with. | 然后带着和进去时一样的包出来 |
[1:08:36] | No one watching him’s any the wiser. | 看到他的人丝毫没察觉 |
[1:08:38] | So what’s in it? | 那里面装了什么 |
[1:08:39] | I haven’t had a chance to examine it in detail, sir, | 我还没来得及仔细查看里面的内容 长官 |
[1:08:41] | but it appears to be a list of financial transactions. | 但看上去像是一份资金流水 |
[1:08:44] | Specifically, every bribe and back-hander | 具体说 是每一笔科克·诺里斯 |
[1:08:46] | that Coke Norris was able to uncover | 发现的贝德利学院 |
[1:08:48] | between Badeley College and the council. | 和市议会间的受贿和回扣记录 |
[1:08:50] | The council? | 市议会 |
[1:08:52] | I thought I’d made Division’s views on this quite clear. | 我不是明确传达过警部的想法了吗 |
[1:08:55] | I haven’t had a chance to put Morse in the picture as yet, sir. | 我还没来得及告诉摩斯 长官 |
[1:08:58] | Then let me save you the trouble. | 那让我替你说吧 |
[1:08:59] | How the council and the college conduct their business | 市议会和学院之前如何进行交易 |
[1:09:02] | is a matter for them. | 是他们的事 |
[1:09:03] | Even if it involves corrupt practices? | 哪怕此事涉及腐败行为 |
[1:09:06] | You’ve said yourself | 你自己说的 |
[1:09:08] | you don’t have time to examine this dossier in detail. | 你还没来得及细看这份资料 |
[1:09:12] | What at first glance may appear suspect | 初看可疑的事 |
[1:09:14] | might turn out on further examination to be quite innocent. | 仔细调查后 可能并无不妥 |
[1:09:18] | Well, I’m sure the master at Badeley | 那贝德利学院的院长 |
[1:09:19] | will be able to clear up any misunderstandings. | 肯定能够澄清任何误会 |
[1:09:20] | The master at Badeley | 贝德利学院的院长 |
[1:09:22] | is not to be troubled further, | 不可再被打扰 |
[1:09:23] | and that is my final word on the subject! | 这事就这么定了 |
[1:09:28] | Coke Norris may have been on to something | 科克·诺里斯可能发现了 |
[1:09:30] | between the council and the college, | 市议会和学院之间的勾当 |
[1:09:32] | but there’s nothing in here | 但这里面并没有 |
[1:09:33] | which ties the deal up with Kasper. | 卡斯帕和交易有关的证据 |
[1:09:35] | He’s involved. | 他肯定有份 |
[1:09:37] | Don’t you worry about that. | 你就相信吧 |
[1:09:38] | He’s in it up to his neck. | 他绝对有份 |
[1:09:41] | “Hast seen the white whale?” | “看到过白鲸吗” |
[1:09:48] | My Joan say what she was doing | 琼说了她那晚 |
[1:09:49] | at the Moonlight the other night? | 怎么会在月光酒吧吗 |
[1:09:54] | Clerks’ night out. | 银行职员聚会 |
[1:09:56] | Girls from the bank. | 她跟女同事一起去的 |
[1:09:57] | How come you were there? | 你怎么也去了 |
[1:10:00] | I was working on the case. | 我去查案的 |
[1:10:03] | Looking for Georgina Bannard. | 我在找乔治娜·班纳德 |
[1:10:05] | After I told you to steer clear? | 我都叫你别去了 |
[1:10:08] | Look, I don’t need protecting, sir. | 我不需要保护 长官 |
[1:10:10] | Don’t you? | 是吗 |
[1:10:11] | No. | 对 |
[1:10:14] | I won’t end up like Mickey Carter. | 我不会落得米奇·卡特的下场 |
[1:10:17] | What would you know about it? | 你知道什么 |
[1:10:24] | I saw his widow. | 我见过他的寡妇了 |
[1:10:28] | You did what? | 你什么 |
[1:10:29] | Yeah, when I was in London. | 对 去伦敦的时候 |
[1:10:30] | Going behind my back? | 背着我这么干 |
[1:10:32] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[1:10:33] | Doing my job. | 我是尽职 |
[1:10:34] | Your job’s what I say it is. | 你的职责是听我命令 |
[1:10:36] | You’d no business! | 那不关你事 |
[1:10:37] | If it has a bearing on the case, then it is my business. | 如果跟案子有关 就是我的事 |
[1:10:41] | You weren’t going to tell me. | 你是不会告诉我的 |
[1:10:46] | Was it Vic Kasper? | 是维克·卡斯帕吗 |
[1:10:51] | Couldn’t prove it. | 无法证明 |
[1:10:54] | Investigation started turning up Mickey’d been on the take. | 调查开始指向米奇也受贿了 |
[1:10:58] | He hadn’t, of course. | 他当然没有 |
[1:10:58] | It was a fit-up, but the brass didn’t want to know. | 就是陷害 但上头不想听 |
[1:11:03] | Brushed it under the carpet. | 都掩盖起来了 |
[1:11:06] | You wouldn’t let that go. | 以你的个性不会放手的 |
[1:11:09] | Oh, I let it go, all right. | 我是放手了 |
[1:11:13] | To my shame. | 这令我羞愧 |
[1:11:16] | I walked away and let them bury Mickey Carter’s good name | 我撒手了 任由他们把米奇·卡特的清名 |
[1:11:19] | along with his body. | 随他一起埋葬 |
[1:11:24] | They come at you through what you care about. | 他们拿你在乎的东西威胁你 |
[1:11:28] | That’s why you moved to Oxford. | 所以你才搬来了牛津 |
[1:11:31] | More or less. | 差不多吧 |
[1:11:34] | But this is where it stops. | 但要到此为止了 |
[1:11:44] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[1:11:48] | It wasn’t the army. | 不是在军队 |
[1:11:50] | Where I learned to shoot. | 我学开枪的地方 |
[1:11:52] | When I was 12. | 我12岁时 |
[1:11:55] | The first Christmas after my mother… | 我母亲去世后的第一个圣诞节 |
[1:12:02] | My father bought me a pistol. | 我父亲给我买了把手枪 |
[1:12:07] | Used to take me out on the common. | 他会带我去公有地 |
[1:12:09] | After rabbits. | 打兔子 |
[1:12:16] | Make a man. | 培养我成为男人 |
[1:12:36] | How are you settling in? | 安顿得还好吗 |
[1:12:38] | A rather unpleasant feeling of dead man’s shoes. | 接替死人的位置感觉不那么好 |
[1:12:42] | Just boxing up the last of Al’s stuff. | 正在收拾阿利最后的一些东西 |
[1:12:44] | Do you have a minute? | 你有时间吗 |
[1:12:45] | Actually, I’m a bit pushed for time. | 其实 我有点着急 |
[1:12:48] | I’ve said I’ll take Millie to the undertakers. | 我答应送米莉去殡仪馆了 |
[1:12:53] | Have you any idea how the master may have come by the key | 你是否知道院长怎么会有科克·诺里斯教授 |
[1:12:56] | to Professor Coke Norris’s flat in London? | 在伦敦的公寓的钥匙 |
[1:13:02] | Dr. Kern? | 科恩博士 |
[1:13:04] | It’s just college gossip. | 这只是学院闲话 |
[1:13:08] | Some time ago, | 一段时间之前 |
[1:13:09] | Alistair loaned Frobisher the key to their London flat. | 阿利斯特把伦敦公寓的钥匙借给了弗罗比舍 |
[1:13:13] | He had some symposium to attend. | 他需要去参加一个什么讨论会 |
[1:13:15] | But the master took advantage, somewhat. | 但院长却利用了这机会 |
[1:13:20] | He had a second key cut. | 他复刻了一把钥匙 |
[1:13:23] | And made it available to those fellows | 还借给了那些需要 |
[1:13:25] | who needed a place to stay in London. | 在伦敦借住的研究员 |
[1:13:27] | Married fellows? | 已婚的吗 |
[1:13:29] | Well, I suppose | 我想 |
[1:13:30] | intimate knowledge of his colleagues’ affairs | 能掌握同事的小秘密 |
[1:13:32] | wouldn’t do the master any harm | 对院长总是没坏处 |
[1:13:33] | when it came to a vote on Booth Hill. | 尤其是在布斯山投票的事上 |
[1:13:35] | Blackmail, you mean? | 你是说勒索吗 |
[1:13:36] | A way of persuading any waverers | 可以以此来说服那些 |
[1:13:39] | sympathetic to Coke Norris’s cause, wouldn’t you think? | 因同情科克·诺里斯初衷而举棋未定的人吧 |
[1:13:48] | Come on, Morry. | 快点 莫里 |
[1:13:59] | You’re not gonna throw something at me again, are you? | 你不会又冲我丢东西吧 |
[1:14:03] | Flag of truce. | 休战 |
[1:14:05] | I’m offering a ceasefire. | 我要提出停火 |
[1:14:07] | What ceasefire? | 停什么火 |
[1:14:08] | 48 hours’ head start. | 给你48小时 |
[1:14:10] | Chance to wind things up and be on your way | 打点好一切 在我们找上你前 |
[1:14:11] | before we come after you. | 离开这里 |
[1:14:13] | Come after me for what? | 我做什么了 |
[1:14:14] | I told you, I’m retired. | 我说了 我都退休了 |
[1:14:16] | We’ve got Coke Norris’s briefcase, Vic. | 我们找到了科克·诺里斯的公文包 维克 |
[1:14:19] | It’s all there in black and white. | 一切都白纸黑字写着 |
[1:14:20] | Every bent deal you put together | 为了拿到布斯山建筑合同 |
[1:14:22] | to land the building contract for Booth Hill. | 你做的每一笔违法交易 |
[1:14:26] | You been on the funny fags? | 你是抽大烟了吗 |
[1:14:27] | I don’t want anyone else getting hurt, | 我不希望其他人受伤 |
[1:14:29] | so that’s the offer. | 所以这是我的提议 |
[1:14:31] | Take it or leave it. | 过这村没这店 |
[1:14:33] | Can I open the box? | 能揭晓答案了吗 |
[1:14:36] | Serious, Fred, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 弗莱德 我真不明白你在说什么 |
[1:14:39] | But I tell you this: I’m going nowhere. | 但我告诉你 我哪都不会去的 |
[1:14:55] | Your Joan not spoke to you yet? | 你家琼还没跟你说吗 |
[1:14:59] | What about my Joan? | 我家琼怎么了 |
[1:15:00] | Guess not. | 看来是没有 |
[1:15:03] | She was down here the other night with that copper. | 她那天晚上跟那个警察来了这里 |
[1:15:06] | What copper? | 什么警察 |
[1:15:08] | That boy of yours. | 你的一个手下 |
[1:15:10] | Made a nice couple, I thought. | 我还觉得他俩挺登对 |
[1:15:14] | You what? | 什么 |
[1:15:15] | You talking about Morse? | 你说摩斯吗 |
[1:15:17] | Must weigh on a father, that kind of responsibility. | 对一个父亲是不小的重担吧 那样的责任 |
[1:15:20] | She’s a good-looking girl. | 她还是个漂亮的姑娘 |
[1:15:23] | Be a tragedy. | 要出事可就太悲剧了 |
[1:15:26] | But you can’t be there to watch them all the time, can you? | 但你总不可能时刻看着他们 是吧 |
[1:15:31] | These papers you got on Booth Hill. | 你手里关于布斯山的文件 |
[1:15:34] | I want them today. | 今天就给我 |
[1:15:39] | That’s how things are gonna go from here on, Fred. | 今后的事情就是这样了 弗莱德 |
[1:15:45] | Better get used to it. | 你还是习惯了吧 |
[1:16:15] | I want a word with you. | 我有话跟你说 |
[1:16:16] | In private. | 私下说 |
[1:16:17] | Sorry, sir. | 抱歉 长官 |
[1:16:18] | Morse’s sister. | 摩斯的妹妹 |
[1:16:28] | Joycie? | 乔伊丝 |
[1:16:35] | Calm down. | 冷静点 |
[1:16:36] | I’ll be there as soon as I can. | 我尽快过去 |
[1:16:41] | Got your ticket? | 拿票了吧 |
[1:16:42] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:16:42] | I’m so sorry about this. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:16:44] | Probably just another false alarm. | 可能又是假警报 |
[1:16:46] | Family. | 家人嘛 |
[1:16:47] | A man only gets one father. | 人只有一个父亲 |
[1:16:49] | We’ll manage. | 我们能行的 |
[1:16:52] | What was it you wanted to talk to me about? | 你之前想跟我说什么来着 |
[1:16:55] | It’ll keep. | 不急 |
[1:16:59] | I know you went out with Joan the other night. | 我知道你那晚跟琼出去了 |
[1:17:03] | Be good to her. | 好好待她 |
[1:17:14] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:17:25] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[1:17:26] | The way you went out of here this morning, | 你今早出去时那么着急 |
[1:17:27] | I didn’t even get a chance to do your sandwiches. | 我都没来得及给你做三明治 |
[1:17:30] | Have you got time now? | 你现在有时间了吗 |
[1:17:32] | No, I just popped back to get my pipe. | 不 我就是回来拿烟斗的 |
[1:17:35] | Left it in the shed. | 落在棚屋里了 |
[1:17:37] | I’ll do you a quick round. | 我快点给你做一个 |
[1:18:22] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[1:18:31] | I can’t believe how many of these | 真不敢相信阿利斯特 |
[1:18:33] | Alistair’s had out of the library. | 借走了多少图书馆的书 |
[1:18:35] | Not the Agamemnon, though. | 那本《阿伽门农》不是 |
[1:18:37] | That was a present | 这是礼物 |
[1:18:38] | from Andrew Maidenhead, the junior man before you. | 安德鲁·梅登海德 你之前的初级研究员送的 |
[1:18:41] | My young admirer, | 我的小仰慕者 |
[1:18:43] | if you can believe such a thing. | 如果你相信还会有这种事的话 |
[1:18:45] | Why wouldn’t I? | 我怎么会不相信呢 |
[1:18:47] | He was a sweet boy, but in the end | 他挺不错的 但最后 |
[1:18:48] | I had to have Alistair talk to the master about it. | 我不得不让阿利斯特找院长说说他 |
[1:18:51] | Good heavens! | 老天爷 |
[1:18:52] | Let me help. | 让我帮你吧 |
[1:18:53] | No, no, I’m fine. | 不 我没事 |
[1:18:59] | You’ve got to give them what they want. | 你只能满足他们的要求 |
[1:19:02] | Start down that road, there’s no end to it. | 要是走上那条路就没有尽头了 |
[1:19:05] | This is Joan they’re threatening. | 他们是在威胁琼啊 |
[1:19:09] | I won’t let anything happen. | 我不会允许她出事的 |
[1:19:12] | You’ve got my word. | 我保证 |
[1:19:15] | All right? | 好吗 |
[1:19:38] | Something from Companies House for Morse | 工商部寄给摩斯的 |
[1:19:40] | found its way onto my desk. | 不知怎么到我桌上了 |
[1:19:42] | Marked urgent. | 标着急件 |
[1:19:43] | Afraid his father’s taken a turn for the worse, sir. | 他父亲的情况突然恶化了 长官 |
[1:19:46] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[1:19:46] | Where the hell is everyone? | 人都哪去了 |
[1:20:58] | Two bob a packet and you’re laughing. | 一包两镑 你能笑得合不拢嘴 |
[1:21:00] | It’s easy money. | 多好赚 |
[1:21:04] | Where’s Vic? | 维克呢 |
[1:21:06] | Just me. | 只有我在 |
[1:21:09] | It’s the Engineer I’m here for, not the Oily Rag. | 我要的是工程师 不是他的油抹布 |
[1:21:14] | If you ain’t got what I told you to get, | 如果你没拿我要的东西来 |
[1:21:16] | you’re here for nothing. | 你就白来了 |
[1:21:18] | Where’s the papers? | 文件呢 |
[1:21:20] | In safekeeping. | 安全保管好了 |
[1:21:22] | Fetch him now. | 去叫他来 |
[1:21:30] | You think you’re walking out of here? | 你觉得你还能走出去吗 |
[1:21:32] | I know you’re not. | 我知道你走不出去了 |
[1:21:33] | Nor is your old man. | 你老爸也走不出去了 |
[1:21:35] | After that, I don’t much care. | 那之后的事 我不在乎 |
[1:21:44] | Fred? | 弗莱德 |
[1:21:45] | Told you to clear out, Vic. | 叫你走的 维克 |
[1:21:47] | Now it’s this. | 现在只能如此了 |
[1:21:48] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[1:21:50] | – What for? – How about Coke Norris? | -这是为了什么 -科克·诺里斯 |
[1:21:52] | No? | 不吗 |
[1:21:53] | All right. | 好啊 |
[1:21:55] | Try the young girl we found with a bullet in her skull. | 那我们发现的那个脑后中了一枪的年轻姑娘呢 |
[1:21:58] | I’m retired, I told you. | 我退休了 我说了 |
[1:22:00] | Carter, then. | 那就卡特 |
[1:22:02] | We can agree on Carter. | 卡特你总没有异议了 |
[1:22:04] | All’s fair, Fred. | 江湖规矩 弗莱德 |
[1:22:05] | Water under. | 那都过去了 |
[1:22:07] | Threatening my Joan? | 威胁我家琼 |
[1:22:10] | Water under? | 也是过去吗 |
[1:22:11] | That’s none of mine. | 那不是我干的 |
[1:22:13] | Bad luck for you, then. | 那你倒霉了 |
[1:22:14] | Sir! | 长官 |
[1:22:16] | Don’t! He’s telling the truth. | 别 他说的是实话 |
[1:22:17] | Stay out of this, Morse. | 别插手 摩斯 |
[1:22:19] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[1:22:21] | Someone with some sense. | 可算来了个明理的 |
[1:22:23] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[1:22:24] | The papers? | 文件吗 |
[1:22:25] | After a fashion. | 算是吧 |
[1:22:27] | These are the articles of association for Landesman Construction. | 这是兰德斯曼建设公司的公司章程 |
[1:22:30] | Hold on… | 等等 |
[1:22:34] | Four shareholders. | 四位股东 |
[1:22:35] | Equal partners. | 平等合伙人 |
[1:22:36] | Sid and Gerald Fletcher, | 西德和杰拉德·弗莱彻 |
[1:22:37] | your son Vince, | 你儿子文斯 |
[1:22:38] | and Cynthia Riley. | 和辛西娅·莱利 |
[1:22:40] | What? | 什么 |
[1:22:41] | I don’t know nothing about this, Vic. | 我可不知道有这回事 维克 |
[1:22:43] | Vince, tell him. | 文斯 说啊 |
[1:22:46] | She don’t, Dad. | 她不知道 爸爸 |
[1:22:48] | Cyn’s been loyal. | 辛很忠诚 |
[1:22:52] | I put it in her name as a surprise for you. | 我加了她的名字想给你个惊喜 |
[1:22:55] | Oh, you would have been surprised. | 你本来的确会很意外的 |
[1:22:57] | Your son’s put together a firm with the Fletchers | 你儿子跟弗莱彻兄弟合伙成立了公司 |
[1:22:59] | to build houses on Booth Hill. | 要在布斯山盖房子 |
[1:23:01] | No law against it. | 并不违法 |
[1:23:02] | No, but there is a law against bribing public officials. | 是 但贿赂公职官员可就违法了 |
[1:23:08] | Checks to the sum of £6,000 | 由兰德斯曼建设公司 |
[1:23:10] | drawn against the account of Landesman Construction | 开出的总额六千镑的支票 |
[1:23:13] | have been cashed over the past 12 months | 在过去12个月里分次兑现 |
[1:23:15] | by Mark Carlisle, | 兑现人是马克·卡莱尔 |
[1:23:16] | senior planning officer in the Housing Department. | 房屋部的高级规划主管 |
[1:23:21] | It’s between me and the boy, Fred. | 这是我和他之间的事 弗莱德 |
[1:23:23] | You let me straighten him out. | 你让我教训他吧 |
[1:23:25] | Can’t do it, Vic. | 不行 维克 |
[1:23:26] | Police! | 警察 |
[1:23:27] | – Drop the guns. – Nobody move! | -枪放下 -都别动 |
[1:23:29] | Guns down! | 放下枪 |
[1:23:41] | All in order, Thursday? | 一切都好吗 瑟斯戴 |
[1:23:44] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[1:23:46] | All in order. | 一切都好 |
[1:23:48] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[1:23:52] | Vince Kasper, | 文斯·卡斯帕 |
[1:23:52] | I am arresting you for conspiring to bribe a public official. | 我要逮捕你 罪名是贿赂公职官员 |
[1:23:56] | You don’t have to say anything, | 你有权保持沉默 |
[1:23:57] | but anything you do say may be written down | 但你所说的一切可能会被记录下来 |
[1:23:58] | and can be given in evidence against you. | 作为呈堂证供 |
[1:24:02] | Strange. | 斯特兰奇 |
[1:24:06] | We’ll also need you to come down to the station | 我们也需要你去趟警局 |
[1:24:08] | for questioning, Miss Riley. | 接受询问 莱利小姐 |
[1:24:10] | Go back to London, Mr. Kasper. | 回伦敦去吧 卡斯帕先生 |
[1:24:12] | Oxford’s not for you. | 牛津不适合你 |
[1:24:19] | Workhouse Rules. | 生存法则 |
[1:24:39] | I put you on a train. | 我都送你上车了 |
[1:24:43] | I got off. | 我下车了 |
[1:24:50] | So if it wasn’t Vince or Vic | 如果不是文斯或维克 |
[1:24:52] | who did for Coke Norris and the girl, | 杀了科克·诺里斯和那姑娘 |
[1:24:54] | we’re back to where we started. | 那我们又回到原点了 |
[1:24:56] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:24:57] | Exactly where we started. | 最初的原点 |
[1:25:11] | Mrs. Coke Norris? | 科克·诺里斯太太 |
[1:25:15] | Oh, Inspector. | 督察 |
[1:25:17] | Constable Morse. | 摩斯警员 |
[1:25:18] | The front door was already open. | 前门是开的 |
[1:25:20] | Come in. | 请进 |
[1:25:21] | Do. | 来吧 |
[1:25:22] | One or two questions we need to put to you | 我们需要问你一两个问题 |
[1:25:24] | about your husband’s death. | 是关于你丈夫之死的 |
[1:25:26] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[1:25:26] | Please. | 请吧 |
[1:25:28] | The morning of the day he was killed, | 他被杀那天早上 |
[1:25:30] | you took a train to London. | 你坐了火车去伦敦 |
[1:25:32] | The 10:40. | 10:40那班 |
[1:25:33] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[1:25:34] | And the day you came back, | 你回来那天 |
[1:25:35] | what train did you catch? | 坐的哪班火车 |
[1:25:37] | The 9:50. | 9:50那班 |
[1:25:39] | So you’d have left your flat at what time? | 那你是几点离开了公寓 |
[1:25:41] | About half-past 9:00? | 9:30左右吗 |
[1:25:43] | Around that, yes. | 差不多吧 |
[1:25:44] | After the first post? | 在第一批邮件到之后吗 |
[1:25:46] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[1:25:49] | When I visited your London flat, | 我去你伦敦公寓时 |
[1:25:50] | I found a letter addressed to your husband on the mat. | 我在脚垫上发现了一封寄给你丈夫的信 |
[1:25:53] | It would have arrived that morning. | 信该是那天早上到的 |
[1:25:55] | I’m curious, | 我很好奇 |
[1:25:56] | why didn’t you bring it back to Oxford with you for him? | 你怎么没替他把信拿回牛津 |
[1:25:59] | Isn’t the truth of it | 其实 |
[1:26:00] | that you caught the train up to London, | 你搭火车去了伦敦 |
[1:26:02] | but returned to Oxford later that same day | 但当天晚些时候 又开停在 |
[1:26:04] | in the car kept at your mews flat? | 马厩改造房公寓的车回了伦敦 是吧 |
[1:26:06] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[1:26:07] | That’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[1:26:09] | How could I? | 我怎么可能 |
[1:26:10] | I don’t even drive. | 我都不会开车 |
[1:26:11] | No, you don’t have a license. | 不对 你是没有驾照 |
[1:26:14] | But you did drive an ambulance in the war. | 但你在战时开过救护车 |
[1:26:18] | You think I ran Alistair over? | 你觉得是我撞了阿利斯特吗 |
[1:26:19] | No. | 不 |
[1:26:21] | You knew your husband was going to Badeley College that evening, | 你知道你丈夫那晚要去贝德利学院 |
[1:26:24] | so you followed him. | 所以你跟踪了他 |
[1:26:26] | You lured him into the car under some pretext or other, | 你用某种借口把他引上了车 |
[1:26:29] | you drove him out of town to some private place, | 你开车带他去了城外一个僻静的地方 |
[1:26:32] | where you stalled the car | 你有意让车失速 |
[1:26:33] | or otherwise engineered a mechanical fault. | 或制造了什么其他机械故障 |
[1:26:37] | We are ridiculously late! | 我们严重迟到了 |
[1:26:41] | You got him back into the car, | 你又把他拖回车上 |
[1:26:42] | then found a quiet street in Oxford, | 然后在牛津找到了一条安静的街道 |
[1:26:44] | where you dumped his body | 丢下他的尸体 |
[1:26:45] | to be taken for the victim of a hit-and-run. | 好让人以为他遭遇了肇事逃逸 |
[1:26:49] | The squeal of brakes was a nice touch. | 刹车声很聪明 |
[1:26:52] | But you almost ruined it. | 但你差点露馅 |
[1:26:55] | You dumped his body, but in your haste, | 你弃了尸 可因为着急 |
[1:26:56] | you’d overlooked his briefcase | 你忘了他的公文包 |
[1:26:57] | and driven back with it to London. | 结果带着它开车回了伦敦 |
[1:26:59] | So you took an early train back to Oxford | 你只好乘早班车回牛津 |
[1:27:01] | and left it in the street. | 把包丢在街上 |
[1:27:03] | That’s why you missed the first post. | 所以你才没收到第一批邮件 |
[1:27:04] | You’d left before it arrived. | 因为你在信到前就走了 |
[1:27:07] | Why would I hurt Alistair? | 你为什么要伤害阿利斯特 |
[1:27:10] | Because you’d become infatuated with Ian Kern | 因为你对伊恩·科恩产生了 |
[1:27:12] | to the point of obsession. | 执迷的迷恋 |
[1:27:13] | In your head, you’d created the fantasy of a future together. | 你臆想出了 你们共谱未来的幻想 |
[1:27:18] | When the land sale arose, | 卖地的事 |
[1:27:19] | you saw a way of financing that delusion. | 被你当成了实现幻想的资本 |
[1:27:23] | As a junior fellow, | 作为初级研究员 |
[1:27:24] | Dr. Kern stood to gain nothing from the deal. | 科恩博士不会因交易受益 |
[1:27:26] | But what if he were to become a senior? | 但如果他成为高级研究员的话 |
[1:27:27] | Professor Coke Norris confided every detail | 科克·诺里斯教授把他的打算 |
[1:27:30] | of his campaign to you, didn’t he? | 全都告诉你了 是吧 |
[1:27:32] | We were of one mind. | 我们同心同德 |
[1:27:33] | Even so, you must have been alarmed | 即便如此 当你听说有个学生 |
[1:27:34] | when he told you of a pupil | 掌握了关键信息 |
[1:27:36] | who had vital information | 可能足以阻止 |
[1:27:37] | whereby the land sale might be derailed. | 土地出售时 肯定担心了起来 |
[1:27:41] | You followed Judy vallens, found out where she lived, | 你跟踪了朱蒂·瓦伦斯到了她的住处 |
[1:27:45] | but you made the same error that we did | 但你跟我们犯了同样的错误 |
[1:27:47] | and mistook her flatmate Georgina Bannard | 错把她的室友乔治娜·班纳德 |
[1:27:49] | for Miss vallens. | 当成了瓦伦斯小姐 |
[1:27:52] | You shot her in the head. | 你一枪打中了她的脑袋 |
[1:27:55] | You shot her and returned to her flat for her clothes | 你打死她后 又回她公寓拿走她的衣服 |
[1:27:57] | to create the impression that she’d gone away. | 好制造她离开的假象 |
[1:28:00] | Where’s your evidence for any of this charade? | 你这些胡乱猜测有任何证据吗 |
[1:28:02] | You told me that the last time your husband was in London | 你跟我说 你丈夫上次去伦敦是去看 |
[1:28:04] | was for a Prom. | 音乐节 |
[1:28:06] | The Haffner and the Mahler Four. | 《哈夫纳交响曲》和《马勒第四交响曲》 |
[1:28:08] | That concert took place on Friday the 3rd of September, | 那场音乐会是9月3日周五的 |
[1:28:11] | the same weekend your car was in for its annual service. | 那个周末 你们的车送去进行了年度养护 |
[1:28:14] | The car was returned from a garage in Mayfair | 梅菲尔一家汽修店完成养护后 |
[1:28:16] | on the Monday morning where, according to you, | 于周一早上把车送了回来 而据你说 |
[1:28:18] | it has been parked outside of your mews ever since. | 车此后就一直停在你们公寓外 |
[1:28:21] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[1:28:22] | Right. | 是啊 |
[1:28:24] | So how do you explain the difference in mileage | 那么你如何解释 养护后 |
[1:28:27] | between the total written down in the log book | 记录里记载的总里程数 |
[1:28:29] | after its service and its current total? | 和目前总里程数的差异 |
[1:28:32] | A distance of 120-odd miles, | 差了120多英里 |
[1:28:34] | roughly that of a round-trip from London to Oxford. | 正好差不多是伦敦往返牛津的距离 |
[1:28:37] | If you transported your husband in the car, | 如果你用车运过你丈夫的尸体 |
[1:28:39] | there will be evidence. | 肯定会留下证据 |
[1:28:41] | A spot of blood on the carpet. | 血迹会留在地毯上 |
[1:28:43] | In the crack between the seat and the backrest. | 座位和靠背缝里 |
[1:28:46] | Mrs. Coke Norris, you’ve killed two people, | 科克·诺里斯太太 你杀了两个人 |
[1:28:48] | all for some delusional fantasy of a romance | 就因为对一个人的幻想恋情 |
[1:28:51] | with someone who finds your attentions oppressive. | 而此人其实对你的关注感到厌烦 |
[1:28:54] | Ian loved me. | 伊恩是爱我的 |
[1:28:56] | He did. | 真的 |
[1:28:59] | I know he did. | 我知道他爱我 |
[1:29:00] | He just needed time. | 他只是需要时间 |
[1:29:01] | Perhaps you’d like to get your coat. | 或许你该去拿下大衣 |
[1:29:05] | Actually, I think I should like to sit down for a minute. | 其实 我想坐一会儿 |
[1:29:12] | Sir. | 长官 |
[1:29:17] | Where’s Dr. Kern? | 科恩博士呢 |
[1:29:20] | Mrs. Coke Norris? | 科克·诺里斯太太 |
[1:29:26] | In the study. | 在书房 |
[1:29:30] | After all I’d done. | 我做了那么多 |
[1:29:32] | After all I’d done. | 我做了那么多 |
[1:29:33] | Call an ambulance. | 叫救护车 |
[1:29:42] | This is DC Morse, Oxford Police. | 我是摩斯警员 牛津市警局 |
[1:30:00] | I need an ambulance… | 我需要辆救护车 |
[1:30:13] | Morse? | 摩斯 |
[1:30:25] | All right. Watch yourself on these steps. | 小心台阶 |
[1:30:29] | I’ve made as best a running repair as I can, | 我已经尽力简易缝合了 |
[1:30:32] | but you really need to go to Casualty. | 但你真得去急诊看看 |
[1:30:35] | I don’t have time. | 我没时间 |
[1:31:39] | The doctor said we should talk to you. | 医生叫我们跟你说话 |
[1:33:41] | Anything you need? | 你需要什么吗 |
[1:33:46] | I’ll be back in a few days. | 我过几天回去 |
[1:34:18] | It’s a pity you didn’t come and see me a bit sooner. | 可惜你没早点来见我 |
[1:34:21] | The leg will mend, | 腿伤会好的 |
[1:34:23] | but in middle age you may well find yourself saddled with a limp. | 但到了中年你可能会跛脚 |
[1:34:26] | Nothing serious. | 倒不严重 |
[1:34:28] | Just if you’re overtired or the weather turns. | 就是太累或变天时会有影响 |