时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I have saved hundreds of lives. | 我救了上百条性命 |
[00:05] | What on earth makes you think that we would ever consider | 你到底为什么会认为 |
[00:08] | joining your stable of executioners? | 我们会想加入你那群刽子手们 |
[00:10] | Next time I get another 80/20 call, | 下次我再遇到二八概率事件 |
[00:12] | I’ll send it your way. | 我找你 |
[00:13] | It’ll be your decision. | 你来决定 |
[00:14] | Call it a trust-building exercise. | 就当这是建立信任的训练 |
[00:17] | Two weeks ago, a man named Parker Landis was driving home, | 两周前 一个叫帕克・兰迪斯的人开车回家 |
[00:20] | and he was rear-ended. | 遇上了追尾 |
[00:21] | Then the guy shot him, and then fled. | 然后那人开枪杀了他逃了 |
[00:23] | Landis was plotting a mass poisoning. | 兰迪斯在计划大规模下毒吗 |
[00:25] | But he was killed before he could go through with it. | 但他在下毒前就被杀了 |
[00:27] | Do you think Odin Reichenbach is responsible? | 你觉得是奥丁・赖兴巴赫干的 |
[00:29] | Joan Watson has been poking around. | 乔恩・华生一直在四处打探 |
[00:31] | She reached out to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. | 她联系了马里科帕县警长办公室 |
[00:34] | – Would you like me to…? – No. | -要不要我去… -不 |
[00:38] | No, I think I’ll handle this one myself. | 不 这件事还是我自己来处理吧 |
[00:46] | You need to run faster. | 你得跑得更快 |
[00:51] | Faster. | 再快点 |
[00:52] | The angle is more critical than the speed. | 角度比速度更重要 |
[00:55] | Now! | 现在 |
[00:59] | Theory confirmed. | 我们的推测得到了证实 |
[01:02] | You can inform Professor Soames that the track star, | 你可以通知索姆斯教授 是田径明星 |
[01:04] | Mr. Gilchrest, gained access to her office, | 吉尔克里斯特先生 潜入了她的办公室 |
[01:06] | photographed the final exam, | 拍下了期末试卷 |
[01:07] | and then sold it to other students on campus. | 然后卖给了校园里的其他学生 |
[01:09] | I’ll get right on it, after I have my turn. | 我会的 等我先试完 |
[01:16] | What just happened? | 发生了什么 |
[01:22] | I’m locked out. You? | 我手机被锁了 你呢 |
[01:33] | Had a feeling it was you. | 我就觉得会是你 |
[01:35] | Sorry about that. But given your tendency | 抱歉 但考虑到你们总是试图 |
[01:37] | to try and record our private conversations… | 录下我们的私人对话 |
[01:39] | How’d you do it? Signal jammer? | 你怎么做到的 信号干扰器吗 |
[01:41] | Remote access device? | 还是远程访问设备 |
[01:42] | Whatever it is, I’m sure it’s trademarked Odker technology… | 不管是什么 我肯定商标标了奥德克科技 |
[01:45] | I would trademark it | 我会给它贴商标 |
[01:46] | if I wanted anyone to know I had it. | 如果我想让人知道我有这个设备的话 |
[01:49] | I’m here because I know that Joan reached out | 我来是因为我知道乔恩联系了 |
[01:52] | to the Maricopa Sheriff’s Department | 马里科帕县警长办公室 |
[01:54] | about the death of Parker Landis. | 打探帕克・兰迪斯之死 |
[01:56] | If that’s a look of admonishment, | 如果那表情是想警告我什么 |
[01:58] | look in the mirror. | 那你先照照镜子 |
[01:59] | You tried to bring S.I.S. into our little debate. | 你想叫秘密情报局加入我们的争辩 |
[02:02] | Got friends there as well, have you? | 你在那里也有朋友 是吧 |
[02:03] | You think I only try and stop killers on American soil? | 你以为我只试图阻止美国土地上的杀手们吗 |
[02:07] | S.I.S. won’t be helping you. | 秘密情报局不会帮你的 |
[02:09] | Neither will Mossad, nor Interpol, | 以色列的摩萨德和国际刑警也不会 |
[02:10] | nor any other global law enforcement | 更没有其他任何执法机构 |
[02:12] | or intelligence agency you might draw upon. | 或情报机构可以让你利用 |
[02:15] | Though many of them hold the two of you in high esteem, | 尽管他们中的很多很高看你俩 |
[02:18] | they value my friendship even more. | 但他们更看重跟我的关系 |
[02:21] | You came here to make more threats. | 你来这里是进一步威胁我们吗 |
[02:23] | Not at all. I’m here to fulfill a promise. | 并非如此 我是来守诺的 |
[02:27] | I brought a present. Shall we open it together? | 我带了份礼物 我们一起打开吧 |
[02:31] | “Wesley Conrad.” | 维斯利・康拉德 |
[02:35] | So this is a dossier on someone you’ve marked for execution. | 这是你标记为要干掉的人的档案 |
[02:38] | It’s more than that. | 远不止如此 |
[02:40] | It’s one last attempt to see if we could all work together. | 这是看看我们到底能不能合作的最后一次尝试 |
[02:43] | When last we spoke, | 我们上次聊的时候 |
[02:44] | I promised that when I next had a case | 我保证 等我下次有案子 |
[02:46] | I wasn’t 100% certain of, | 我不是百分百确定时 |
[02:48] | I’d bring it to you and Joan for review. | 我会让你和乔恩来检查 |
[02:50] | I’m only, say, | 我只有八成的把握 |
[02:51] | 80% certain that Wesley Conrad needs to go. | 维斯利・康拉德可能需要被干掉 |
[02:54] | Well, I hadn’t considered that a serious offer. | 我没想过你那提议是当真的 |
[02:56] | You knew I was trying to record you. | 你当时知道我在试图录下你说的话 |
[02:58] | I did. But I meant every word. | 我知道 但我每个字都是认真的 |
[03:01] | You said you were only 80% sure of this guy. | 你说你只有八成确认这人有问题 |
[03:03] | So, odds are, we’ll prove you right. | 所以很大的几率是我们会证明你是对的 |
[03:05] | And then we’ll be complicit in what comes next. | 然后我们会再一起调查下一个 |
[03:08] | If you don’t want to look into this, | 如果你们不想查这个 |
[03:09] | I can take it to someone I know sees things my way. | 我可以把它送到跟我志同道合的人手中 |
[03:11] | Problem solved. Mr. Conrad doesn’t hurt anyone, | 问题解决了 康拉德先生不会伤害到任何人 |
[03:14] | and I’ll know that you and I | 我也知道了你们和我 |
[03:16] | will never be friends. | 永远不可能成为朋友 |
[03:18] | But I think you’ll say yes. | 但我觉得你们会答应 |
[03:20] | It’s too good an opportunity to prove me wrong. | 这是一个能证明我错了的大好机会 |
[03:22] | Show me the faults in my methods. | 指出我的方式中的问题 |
[03:24] | What makes you so sure this guy is so dangerous? | 你为什么这么肯定这人很危险 |
[03:26] | Mr. Conrad has a podcast on historical mysteries. | 康拉德先生主持了一个讲历史谜团的播客 |
[03:31] | He believes that a British filmmaker named Bertram Iwan | 他认为一个叫伯特拉姆・伊万的英国电影制片人 |
[03:35] | has plagiarized one of his shows and used it as the basis | 剽窃了他的一期节目 并以它为基础 |
[03:38] | for his latest documentary, The Devil’s Foot. | 制作了他最新的纪录片《恶魔之足》 |
[03:42] | On social media, | 在社交媒体上 |
[03:43] | Mr. Conrad has made it clear he is furious. | 康拉德先生明确表达了他很生气 |
[03:46] | Mr. Iwan, meanwhile, is set to appear in Manhattan | 与此同时 伊万先生计划在三天后 |
[03:49] | in three days’ time for a screening | 现身曼哈顿 参加一场 |
[03:52] | of The Devil’s Foot, Q&A to follow. | 《恶魔之足》的放映会和之后的问答会 |
[03:55] | So naturally you think he’s going to shoot up a cinema? | 所以你自然觉得他会在电影院里开枪 |
[03:58] | What I think’s irrelevant. His life is in your hands now. | 我怎么想不重要 他的命如今握在你手里 |
[04:02] | Do your own research. | 你们自己去调查吧 |
[04:03] | And then you tell me… | 然后告诉我 |
[04:06] | is it better to eliminate Conrad | 是除掉康拉德更好 |
[04:08] | or risk him killing dozens of people? | 还是冒险让他杀掉几十人更好 |
[04:14] | Murder. That’s what we’re all here for, right? | 凶杀案 我们都是为此聚集在这里的 |
[04:18] | Well, over the next two hours, we’ll walk to the sites | 接下来的两个小时里 我们会步行至 |
[04:21] | of some of New York City’s most infamous murders. | 纽约城一些最臭名昭著的凶杀案现场 |
[04:23] | We’ll show you the Big Apple’s rotten core, | 我们会让你们看到纽约的腐败面 |
[04:25] | and maybe we’ll find some surprises along the way. | 也许还能在路上发现一些惊喜 |
[04:30] | Now stay together. We don’t want to lose anyone. | 现在跟紧点 我们可不想失去任何人 |
[04:32] | Again. | 再次失去 |
[04:35] | Now for our first stop. | 这是我们的第一站 |
[04:37] | 18 years ago, | 十八年前 |
[04:38] | a beautiful Broadway star named Autumn Cleary | 一位名叫奥特姆·克里利的百老汇明星 |
[04:41] | was found strangled in this very courtyard. | 被勒杀的尸体在这里被人们发现 |
[04:45] | The crime was never solved, but the suspects | 案子一直没破 但嫌疑人 |
[04:47] | were a who’s-who of the theater world. | 就是戏剧世界的名人录 |
[04:49] | So let me tell you her story. | 让我来给你们讲讲她的故事 |
[04:51] | And who knows, maybe one of you will solve her murder. | 谁知道呢 也许你们中有人能破她的案子 |
[04:56] | It was August 20, 2001. | 那是2001年8月20日 |
[05:00] | There was an unusual chill in the air the night that Autumn died. | 奥特姆死的那晚异常寒冷 |
[05:05] | Sorry, excuse me for a second. | 抱歉 等我一下 |
[05:07] | Looks like we have some stragglers. | 看起来有人掉队了 |
[05:11] | Excuse me? | 不好意思 |
[05:13] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[05:15] | Taking a few pictures with “Autumn” here. | 跟奥特姆合几张影 |
[05:17] | What? | 什么 |
[05:18] | Your partner. She was gonna jump out | 你的搭档 她会跳出来 |
[05:19] | and scare us or something, right? | 吓唬我们之类的 对吧 |
[05:22] | You said there’d be surprises. | 你说会有惊喜 |
[05:25] | I’ve never seen that person before. | 我从没见过这个人 |
[05:27] | She’s not a part of the tour. | 她不是旅程的一部分 |
[05:28] | – Yeah, right. – I’m serious. | -对 没错 -我说真的 |
[05:31] | All right. Enough. You’re scaring my girl. | 好吧 够了 你吓到我女朋友了 |
[05:35] | Look up and show her it’s all an act. | 抬头让她看看你是假装的 |
[05:39] | I’m talking to you. | 我跟你说话呢 |
[05:49] | According to that, | 那上面说 |
[05:50] | Wesley Conrad’s plagiarized podcast | 维斯利·康拉德的抄袭播客 |
[05:53] | covered an obscure bit of local history | 讲述了一个英格兰康沃尔的 |
[05:55] | from Cornwall, England. | 当地传说 |
[05:57] | In 1910, whilst playing cards, | 1910年 有四兄妹在打牌时 |
[06:00] | four siblings saw a strange “Beast” at the window. | 看到窗外有奇怪的”野兽” |
[06:03] | One of the siblings, a man named Mortimer Tregannis, | 其中一个叫莫蒂默·特雷加尼斯的兄弟 |
[06:05] | went to investigate, | 出去查看 |
[06:06] | found nothing, and then went home. | 他一无所获 然后就回家了 |
[06:08] | After which, some “Unknown force” | 在那之后 某种”未知力量” |
[06:11] | drove two of his brothers mad and killed his sister. | 逼疯了他的两个兄弟并杀了他的姐妹 |
[06:15] | Locals blamed the Devil himself. | 当地人怪罪于”魔鬼” |
[06:16] | In his podcast, | 康拉德在他的播客中 |
[06:18] | Conrad proposed a new theory to explain events. | 提出了一种新理论来解释这些事件 |
[06:22] | He believed there was no beast. | 他认为根本没有野兽 |
[06:24] | Tregannis made it up. Why? | 是特雷加尼斯编造的 为什么呢 |
[06:26] | Because, before he left the card game that night, | 因为那天晚上他在离开牌局前 |
[06:28] | he threw the root of a rare, poisonous plant into the fireplace, | 往壁炉里扔了罕见的有毒植物的根 |
[06:32] | filling the room with toxins | 让屋子里充满毒气 |
[06:34] | in an attempt to kill his siblings | 试图杀了他的兄弟姐妹 |
[06:35] | and claim the family fortune. | 霸占家族的财产 |
[06:38] | So, Iwan’s documentary is based on the same theory. | 伊万的纪录片也是基于这个理论的 |
[06:42] | Conrad sued Iwan. | 康拉德起诉了伊万 |
[06:44] | But his lawsuit is floundering. | 但他的诉讼很不顺利 |
[06:47] | Well, it looks like he’s threatened Iwan online | 看起来他在网上恐吓了伊万 |
[06:49] | dozens of times. | 几十次 |
[06:51] | “You stole my life’s work. | “你偷了我的毕生心血” |
[06:53] | You deserve what’s coming to you.” | “你罪有应得” |
[06:55] | He also did a search for the layout of the theater | 他还搜索过电影院的设计图 |
[06:58] | where Iwan is supposed to have his screening for his documentary. | 伊万本来要在那里放映他的纪录片 |
[07:01] | He also researched a variety of firearms. | 他还搜索过各种武器 |
[07:03] | There’s no evidence he actually bought one. | 没有证据表明他真的买了 |
[07:05] | Perhaps that’s why Odin is only 80% sure | 也许这就是奥丁为什么只有八成确定 |
[07:07] | there’s going to be a mass shooting in the offing. | 附近会发生大规模枪击事件 |
[07:10] | Wesley Conrad made a very big cash withdrawal | 维斯利·康拉德几周前从银行 |
[07:12] | from his bank a few weeks ago. | 取出了大笔现金 |
[07:15] | Right before he took a trip to Vermont. | 就在他去佛蒙特州之前 |
[07:18] | A state notorious for its lax gun laws. | 这个州以枪支管理不严出名 |
[07:22] | I’m afraid that so far I’m inclined to agree with Odin. | 恐怕目前我倾向于赞同奥丁的看法 |
[07:26] | Wesley Conrad bears looking into. | 维斯利·康拉德值得调查 |
[07:32] | Oh, it’s Marcus. He wants to see us at the morgue. | 是马库斯 他想跟我们在验尸房会合 |
[07:34] | Should I tell him no? | 我该拒绝他吗 |
[07:36] | No. | 不 |
[07:38] | Bertram Iwan is not due in New York | 伯特拉姆·伊万在三天之内 |
[07:39] | for almost another three days. | 不会给纽约造成麻烦 |
[07:41] | I’m already formulating a plan. In the meantime, | 我已经在制定计划了 与此同时 |
[07:44] | actual murders must not wait. | 真正的谋杀不能等 |
[07:49] | Right now, she’s a Jane Doe. | 目前她还是无名氏 |
[07:50] | We know she was zapped with a stun gun. | 我们知道她被电击枪击中过 |
[07:52] | You can see the marks on her shoulder right there. | 可以看到她肩上的痕迹 |
[07:55] | After that, she was smothered, probably with a pillow. | 然后她被闷死了 可能是用枕头 |
[07:58] | Not the sort of thing you expect to find | 这可不是在空地上 |
[07:59] | lying around in a courtyard. | 随处能找到的东西 |
[08:00] | She was killed someplace else, then dumped there. | 她是在别处被杀然后抛尸在那里的 |
[08:03] | Just like Autumn Cleary 18 years ago. | 就像十八年前的奥特姆·克里利一样 |
[08:06] | You think these cases are connected. | 你认为这两件案子有联系 |
[08:07] | Autumn Cleary was strangled, not smothered. | 奥特姆·克里利是被勒死而不是闷死 |
[08:09] | It’s still technically asphyxiation. | 但依然属于窒息而死 |
[08:11] | Both victims were attractive young women, | 两名受害者都是年轻漂亮的女人 |
[08:13] | both were killed someplace else | 都是在别处被杀 |
[08:15] | and then left in that courtyard. | 然后移尸到空地上 |
[08:16] | Could be the same killer. Or a copycat. | 可能是同一个凶手 或是模仿者 |
[08:18] | Or it could just be a coincidence. | 也可能只是个巧合 |
[08:20] | It’s no coincidence. | 这不是巧合 |
[08:22] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[08:24] | The carpet fibers found on Jane Doe. | 在无名氏身上找到的地毯纤维 |
[08:25] | If memory serves, there were green carpet fibers | 如果没记错的话 绿色的地毯纤维 |
[08:27] | found on Autumn Cleary’s body in 2001. | 也出现在2001年奥特姆·克里利的尸体上 |
[08:30] | You’re thinking they were killed in the same place? | 你觉得她们是在同一个地方被杀的 |
[08:33] | If they were, it stands to reason | 如果真是的话 那就有理由认为 |
[08:35] | they were killed by the same person. | 她们是被同一个人杀死的 |
[08:36] | Jane Doe’s murder may be fresher, | 无名女尸的被害时间虽然更近 |
[08:38] | but her anonymity is a problem. | 但不知道她的身份是个问题 |
[08:40] | We can’t identify the person who wanted her dead | 我们没办法找出谁想杀了他 |
[08:42] | until we can identify her. | 除非能确定她的身份 |
[08:44] | Luckily, investigators have been poring over | 幸运的是 奥特姆·克里利的案子 |
[08:46] | Autumn Cleary’s case for years. | 已经调查多年了 |
[08:48] | I think there’s even a list of suspects. | 我想甚至还有嫌疑犯的名单 |
[08:50] | So we look at them and see | 所以我们查查那些嫌疑人 |
[08:51] | if we can connect anyone to Jane Doe. | 看能不能把任何人和无名女尸案联系起来 |
[08:53] | Any luck, we might be able to close both cases at once. | 运气好的话 也许能把两起案子一起结了 |
[09:00] | That’s impressive. | 效率很高啊 |
[09:01] | Well, it’s like you said, there’s 18 years of research | 就像你说的 奥特姆·克里利被杀一案 |
[09:03] | into Autumn Cleary’s murder. | 人们已经研究了18年 |
[09:05] | And not just by the NYPD. | 不仅仅是纽约警局 |
[09:07] | True crime writers, investigative journalists. | 真实犯罪作家 调查记者 |
[09:09] | There was even a 48 Hours. | 甚至有”48小时”节目报道过 |
[09:11] | How about you? Did you find what you were looking for? | 你呢 你找到你要找的东西了吗 |
[09:13] | There was indeed a gun show in Vermont on the weekend | 维斯利·康拉德去佛蒙特州的那个周末 |
[09:16] | of Wesley Conrad’s visit. | 确实有一场枪械展 |
[09:18] | So he could’ve bought a gun. | 所以他是可以买把枪的 |
[09:19] | Given Vermont’s gun laws, he could’ve bought an arsenal. | 佛蒙特州的枪支法不严 他想买个军火库都行 |
[09:22] | I think we have to assume he has the means | 我觉得我们得假设他有办法 |
[09:24] | to carry out an attack. | 进行袭击 |
[09:26] | So what now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[09:28] | According to his teaching schedule, | 根据他的教学计划 |
[09:29] | he’s in the middle of a lecture right now. | 他现在正在讲课 |
[09:30] | I plan to visit him presently. | 我打算现在就去找他 |
[09:32] | So, are these the people | 这些就是最有可能 |
[09:33] | most likely to have killed Autumn Cleary in 2001? | 在2001年谋杀奥特姆·克里利的人吗 |
[09:38] | Dustin Turco was an obsessed fan. | 达斯汀·德科是名狂热粉丝 |
[09:40] | She got a restraining order | 她在被杀前一个月 |
[09:41] | against him a month before she was killed. | 申请了一张对他的限制令 |
[09:43] | Why the cross? | 那为什么划掉 |
[09:44] | Well, he was five-one | 他1米54 |
[09:45] | and had brittle bone disease. | 而且有脆骨病 |
[09:46] | I don’t think he had the size or the strength to strangle anyone. | 我认为他没有足够的体型和力量去勒死任何人 |
[09:49] | Her ex-boyfriend from high school– he came to New York | 她高中的前男友 他来纽约 |
[09:51] | to win her back. She wasn’t interested. | 要把她追回来 她没有答应 |
[09:55] | He was calling her and e-mailing after she died. | 她死后 他还在给她打电话和发邮件 |
[09:59] | It certainly appears that he thought she was still alive. | 这显然意味着他觉得她还活着 |
[10:01] | The director of the show she was in– | 她一场表演的导演 |
[10:03] | they fought constantly. | 他们经常吵架 |
[10:05] | He threatened to kill her once, but he’s got a rock-solid alibi. | 他威胁过说要杀了她 但他有确凿的不在场证明 |
[10:07] | So that leaves us with her suspected lover | 这样就剩下她的地下情人 |
[10:10] | and her understudy. | 以及她的替角了 |
[10:15] | It’s the lover. Hampton Vanderwey. | 是情人干的 汉普顿·范德维 |
[10:18] | Note the cuff links. | 注意袖扣 |
[10:20] | Very distinctive. | 非常有特色 |
[10:22] | Judging from the fact that he’s wearing them | 从他每张照片里 |
[10:23] | in almost every photograph here, | 都戴着这副袖扣来看 |
[10:25] | something of an affectation. | 是用来装模作样的 |
[10:27] | They’re diamond shaped. | 它们是菱形的 |
[10:29] | And there were scrape marks on the side of Autumn’s neck. | 就是奥特姆的脖子侧面的刮痕 |
[10:32] | If he had her in a choke hold… | 如果她被他锁喉了 |
[10:33] | It would’ve left marks of a similar size and shape | 就会留下和他最喜欢的装饰品 |
[10:36] | to his favorite accessory. | 类似形状和大小的痕迹 |
[10:38] | Well, I have a potential mass murderer to interview. | 我还有个潜在的大规模谋杀犯要问询 |
[10:41] | But it looks like you’ve found your man. | 但看起来你找到你要的凶手了 |
[10:50] | Wesley Conrad. Might I have a word? | 维斯利·康拉德 能借一步说话吗 |
[10:54] | You’re English. | 你是英国人 |
[10:55] | I am. | 是的 |
[10:56] | You work for Bertram Iwan? | 你为伯特拉姆·伊万工作吗 |
[10:58] | No. But he is the reason I’d like to talk to you. | 不 但他是我想和你谈谈的原因 |
[11:00] | I think I might be able to help you with the lawsuit | 我想我也许可以帮你处理 |
[11:02] | you filed against him. | 你向他提起的诉讼 |
[11:06] | You’re a private investigator? | 你是个私家侦探 |
[11:09] | I prefer “Consulting detective,” But yes. | 我更喜欢”顾问侦探” 不过是的 |
[11:12] | I was very impressed with your work | 你对于恶魔之足的难题的解答 |
[11:13] | on the Devil’s Foot conundrum. | 给我留下了很深的印象 |
[11:15] | Your theory that Mortimer Tregannis | 你认为莫蒂默·特雷加尼斯 |
[11:17] | poisoned his siblings with a toxic plant | 用从他姐姐的未婚夫那里偷来的有毒植物 |
[11:18] | stolen from his sister’s fiancé was very persuasive. | 毒死了他的手足 很有说服力 |
[11:21] | So persuasive, Iwan stole it to make his documentary. | 太有说服力了以至于伊万剽窃来拍了纪录片 |
[11:24] | Some big studio already bought the rights | 某个大工作室已经买下了版权 |
[11:27] | so they can turn it into a feature. | 他们要把它改成一部故事片 |
[11:28] | As if plagiarizing me weren’t bad enough, | 就好像抄袭我还不够恶劣 |
[11:30] | now he’s gonna make millions. | 现在他还能赚上数百万 |
[11:33] | A gross injustice. | 严重地不公平 |
[11:35] | And that’s precisely why I wanted to see you. | 这也正是我想见你的原因 |
[11:37] | You said you wanted to help with my lawsuit. | 你说你想帮我的案子 |
[11:40] | I-I don’t think there’s anything left to do. | 我觉得没什么可做的了 |
[11:41] | I hired lawyers in the U.S. and the U.K. | 我在美国和英国聘请了律师 |
[11:44] | I sued in both places, filed restraining orders. | 我在两国都提起诉讼 提交了限制令 |
[11:46] | I had to move back in with my parents | 为了能负担费用 |
[11:48] | so I could pay for it all. | 我不得不搬回我父母家住 |
[11:50] | Nothing worked. | 没有一点用 |
[11:52] | Now, I-I can’t afford to chase it anymore. | 现在我没钱继续告他了 |
[11:55] | Well, justice can be slippery. | 司法可能很复杂难懂 |
[11:57] | Why don’t you let me help you grasp it? | 不如让我帮帮你吧 |
[11:59] | This is a law firm I’ve done | 这是一家我在过去几年 |
[12:00] | plenty of work with over the years. | 合作过不少次的律师事务所 |
[12:02] | They’ve got offices in London, New York, Hong Kong. | 他们在伦敦 纽约 香港都有办事处 |
[12:05] | I persuaded them to take on your case on a commission-only basis. | 我说服了他们接你的案子但只收佣金 |
[12:09] | You’d pay nothing until you win. | 打赢官司前你不用付任何钱 |
[12:11] | If you’re interested. | 如果你感兴趣的话 |
[12:16] | Hampton’s father gave him those cuff links. | 那对袖扣是汉普顿的父亲给他的 |
[12:19] | He was a son of a bitch, too. | 那家伙也是个混球 |
[12:22] | You think Hampton murdered Autumn Cleary, | 你们觉得汉普顿杀了奥特姆·克里利 |
[12:25] | and because you think he murdered Autumn Cleary, | 而且正因如此 你们认为 |
[12:27] | you also think he murdered the woman you found last night? | 他也杀了你们昨晚发现的那个女人 |
[12:31] | There’s just one problem. | 只有一个问题 |
[12:33] | Your husband’s been dead for ten years. We know. | 你丈夫去世十年了 我们知道 |
[12:36] | We found out right before we called you. | 就在打电话给你前得知的 |
[12:39] | If you knew he was dead, why call at all? | 如果你们都知道他死了 何必还打电话 |
[12:41] | Because if we’re right about him killing Autumn Cleary, | 因为如果他确实杀了奥特姆·克里利 |
[12:43] | it’s possible he didn’t act alone. | 也许他不是单独作案 |
[12:45] | And maybe the person that helped him | 可能是当初帮过他的同伙 |
[12:47] | committed the murder last night. | 昨晚实施了谋杀 |
[12:49] | We were hoping that you could point us | 我们希望你能给我们 |
[12:51] | in someone’s direction. | 指一些方向 |
[12:57] | First things first. | 首先我想说 |
[12:58] | My husband absolutely murdered Autumn Cleary. | 绝对是我丈夫杀了奥特姆·克里利 |
[13:02] | He confessed to you at some point? | 他向你承认过吗 |
[13:05] | No. | 当然不是 |
[13:06] | But I knew he was seeing her. | 但我知道他们俩有婚外情 |
[13:08] | And I knew, | 而且 |
[13:10] | better than anyone, | 我比任何人都清楚 |
[13:11] | that he was a violent man. | 他非常暴力 |
[13:14] | He’d been abusing me for years. | 多年以来他一直对我家暴 |
[13:16] | We’re sorry to hear that. | 真抱歉 |
[13:18] | You know, he owned properties all around the city, right? | 你们知道他在市内有很多房产吧 |
[13:22] | His name is still on the buildings. | 他的名字现在仍在很多建筑上 |
[13:24] | “Vanderwey this, Vanderwey that.” | 范德维这个 范德维那个 |
[13:26] | Turns out, there was one building | 其实之前有一栋楼 |
[13:29] | he didn’t put his name on. | 他没以自己命名 |
[13:32] | I only found out about it | 直到他死后 |
[13:33] | after he died. | 我才知道 |
[13:34] | He kept an apartment there. | 他在那里留了间公寓 |
[13:36] | A place to stash his mistresses. | 用来金屋藏娇 |
[13:39] | The building bordered the courtyard | 那栋楼就在奥特姆·克里利的尸体 |
[13:43] | where Autumn Cleary’s body was found. | 被发现的空地旁边 |
[13:47] | Both bodies, now. | 现在是两具尸体了 |
[13:49] | If you thought your husband killed Autumn, | 如果你觉得你丈夫杀了奥特姆 |
[13:50] | why didn’t you say anything to the police? | 为什么没告诉警方 |
[13:53] | He was dead. | 他都死了 |
[13:55] | I-I didn’t want my children growing up | 我不想我的孩子们 |
[13:58] | thinking their father was a murderer. | 带着父亲是凶手的认知长大 |
[14:01] | So I-I kept it to myself. | 所以我就没说 |
[14:03] | I got rid of the building as soon as I could. | 只是尽快卖掉了那栋楼 |
[14:07] | The children are grown now. | 他们都已长大成人 |
[14:08] | If the truth finally has to come out, | 如果真相现在公布天下 |
[14:10] | then so be it. | 也无所谓了 |
[14:11] | I’m just sorry it won’t help | 我只是很抱歉 |
[14:13] | find the person who murdered that poor woman last night. | 无法帮你们找到昨晚杀了那可怜女人的人 |
[14:18] | Actually, I’m not so sure it won’t. | 事实上 你也许能帮到我们 |
[14:21] | Before you sold the building, did you ever go there? | 在你卖掉那栋楼前 你去过吗 |
[14:23] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:24] | There were inspections, tenant association meetings. | 要进行检查 跟租户协会见面 |
[14:28] | Did you ever go inside the apartment | 那你去过你丈夫私留的 |
[14:29] | that your husband kept? | 那间公寓吗 |
[14:32] | I did. | 去过 |
[14:34] | I couldn’t help myself. | 我情不自禁 |
[14:36] | Morbid curiosity, I guess. | 大概是变态的好奇心吧 |
[14:38] | And do you happen to remember | 那你记不记得 |
[14:40] | if there was any green carpeting inside? | 屋内有任何绿色的地毯 |
[14:44] | Wall-to-wall. Why? | 整屋都是 怎么了 |
[14:45] | Because carpet fibers that color were found | 因为奥特姆和无名女尸上都发现了 |
[14:47] | on Autumn’s body and the body of our Jane Doe. | 那种颜色的地毯纤维 |
[14:51] | We’re gonna want the address of that building. | 请告诉我们那栋楼的地址 |
[14:54] | Okay, so Mrs. Vanderwey said the apartment | 范德维太太说我们要找的 |
[14:56] | we’re looking for is the last one on the right. | 那间公寓是右边最后一间 |
[15:01] | Hey. You almost here? | 喂 你快到了吗 |
[15:03] | I am here, in a manner of speaking. | 某种意义上来说 我已经到了 |
[15:05] | I’m in the courtyard where Autumn Cleary and Jane Doe were found. | 我就站在奥特姆和无名女尸被发现的空地上 |
[15:08] | I wanted to see it for myself. | 我想亲自来看看 |
[15:10] | And? | 然后呢 |
[15:11] | Well, it’s strange. | 挺奇怪的 |
[15:12] | While the building you’re in does border this area, | 你们所在的大楼的确紧挨着这地方 |
[15:14] | there’s no direct access. | 但并没有直接通道 |
[15:16] | To get here, both Jane Doe’s killer and Hampton Vanderwey | 如果要过来 无名女的凶手和汉普顿·范德维 |
[15:19] | would’ve had to carry their victims almost a block. | 都需要把尸体搬运差不多一个街区的距离 |
[15:21] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[15:23] | Yeah, I’m positive. So the question is, | 确定 所以问题是 |
[15:25] | why would not one but two killers | 为何不止一个而是两个凶手 |
[15:27] | want to take such a risk? | 都愿意冒此风险 |
[15:28] | All right, I-I got to go. | 好了 我得挂了 |
[15:30] | Meet us upstairs when you’re done. | 你完事了上来找我们 |
[15:34] | Uh, who is it? | 谁啊 |
[15:35] | Police, ma’am. We’d like to talk to you. | 我们是警察 女士 想跟你谈谈 |
[15:42] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[15:42] | I’m Detective Bell, | 我是贝尔警探 |
[15:43] | this is my colleague Joan Watson. | 这是我的同事乔恩·华生 |
[15:45] | Did you hear about the body that was found outside | 你听说昨晚楼外 |
[15:47] | the building last night? | 发现尸体的事了吗 |
[15:48] | Body? No. Someone died? | 尸体 没有 有人死了吗 |
[15:51] | Actually, someone was killed. | 其实是被谋杀了 |
[15:52] | We have reason to believe that they may have been | 我们有理由相信他们昨晚 |
[15:54] | inside your apartment last night. | 可能在你的公寓待过 |
[15:59] | You know her. | 你认识她 |
[16:00] | Kamile. She’d been staying here. | 是卡米拉 她之前在这里住过 |
[16:03] | I didn’t really know her. | 我跟她不是很熟 |
[16:05] | She was staying in your apartment, | 她住在你家 |
[16:06] | and you didn’t know her? | 你却跟她不熟 |
[16:08] | This isn’t my apartment. | 这不是我家 |
[16:09] | And there are many of us here. 20, at least. | 这里住了很多人 至少二十个 |
[16:13] | It’s hard to keep track of one another. | 很难特别留意到谁 |
[16:15] | Come. I’ll show you. | 请进 我带你们看看 |
[16:20] | What is this place? | 这里是干什么的 |
[16:22] | It’s a model apartment. | 这是家模特公寓 |
[16:24] | It’s where models come and live | 给到纽约来工作的模特 |
[16:26] | when they come to New York to work. | 住的地方 |
[16:28] | Is that right? | 没错吧 |
[16:29] | Kamile arrived last week. | 卡米拉是上周来的 |
[16:31] | She was doing a show for a designer friend, Octavian. | 她来给一个叫奥克缇维安的设计师朋友走秀 |
[16:35] | We’re gonna need his contact details, if you have them. | 如果你知道的话 把他的联系方式给我们 |
[16:37] | The hell did you come from? | 你从哪冒出来的 |
[16:38] | I thought you were in the courtyard. | 你不是在空地那边吗 |
[16:39] | I was. | 之前是在那 |
[16:40] | And then I was here. | 然后就来这了 |
[16:42] | Probably easier to show you than explain. | 可能直接把路指给你们更好理解 |
[16:58] | Is that an elevator? | 这是部电梯吗 |
[17:00] | I found a secret entrance in the courtyard. | 我在空地那边发现了一个秘密入口 |
[17:03] | That led to a corridor, which led to this. | 进去后是条走廊 尽头就是这部电梯 |
[17:05] | I wager Hampton Vanderwey had it built | 我赌汉普顿·范德维当初修建了这东西 |
[17:07] | so he could meet his mistresses up here without being seen. | 好让自己在这里和情人私会 |
[17:09] | It also has to be the way he got Autumn’s body | 2001年他肯定也是通过这里将奥特姆的尸体 |
[17:11] | into the courtyard in 2001. | 转移到空地去的 |
[17:13] | And how the person who killed Kamile | 昨晚杀害卡米拉的凶手 |
[17:15] | got her body out of here last night. | 应该也是如此 |
[17:17] | Well, that’s two mysteries solved. | 这样的话 两个谜题解开了 |
[17:19] | I’d say the next one was: who knew it was still here? | 下一步我想知道 谁知道电梯的存在 |
[17:28] | Fibers taken from the carpet were consistent | 地毯上的纤维与奥特姆·克里利 |
[17:30] | with the ones found on Autumn Cleary and our former Jane Doe. | 和之前的无名女尸身上的一致 |
[17:34] | Her name is Kamile Volodka. | 她叫卡米拉·沃拉卡 |
[17:36] | Born in Lithuania, she came here when she was 15. | 立陶宛出生 十五岁来到这里 |
[17:39] | She was sponsored by her sister, Regina, | 由她姐姐雷吉娜赞助 |
[17:41] | who’s also a model. | 姐姐也是个模特 |
[17:43] | No other family in the U.S. | 在美国没有别的家人 |
[17:44] | We’ve been trying to track Regina down, | 我们一直在查雷吉娜的下落 |
[17:46] | but so far, we’re not having much luck. | 但目前为止还没有消息 |
[17:48] | What about the other women staying at the apartment? | 公寓其他人呢 |
[17:50] | We like any of them for what happened to Kamile? | 有值得怀疑的对象吗 |
[17:52] | Sherlock and I are about to start interviews, | 夏洛克和我准备问讯她们 |
[17:53] | but, for what it’s worth, | 但不管怎样 |
[17:55] | they all seemed pretty surprised | 当她们看到秘密升降梯时 |
[17:56] | when they saw the hidden elevator car. | 都表现得很吃惊 |
[17:58] | I don’t think any of them knew it was there. | 我觉得她们都不知道那里有电梯 |
[18:00] | I’m more interested in speaking to the building’s owner. | 我更想找这栋楼的楼主聊聊 |
[18:02] | Right. You figure whoever bought the place from Erika Vanderwey | 你觉得从艾瑞卡·范德维那买下那栋楼的人 |
[18:06] | found out about it? | 知道这部电梯 |
[18:07] | And they used it to move Kamile’s body? | 并借此转移了卡米拉的尸体 |
[18:09] | Problem is, the building’s held by a shell company. | 问题是 那栋楼的所有者是一家空壳公司 |
[18:11] | Joan’s at the City Register’s Office, | 乔恩现在在市登记处 |
[18:13] | trying to find out more, but I don’t think the owner | 想查到更多线索 但我觉得该楼主 |
[18:15] | wanted it to be easy for people to track him down. | 并不想自己被轻易追查到 |
[18:17] | That makes sense, right? | 合情合理吧 |
[18:19] | The city considers model apartments unlicensed hotels. | 市局认为模特公寓是无执照经营的酒店 |
[18:23] | Inspectors have been cracking down. | 稽查人员一直在查处这些地方 |
[18:24] | They should. The models’ agents book the apartments | 这是应该的 模特经纪订下这些公寓 |
[18:27] | as short-term housing while they’re in town for work, | 作为模特来这工作的短期住所 |
[18:29] | and then deduct the rent from their paychecks. | 然后从她们的工资中扣除房租 |
[18:31] | Up-and-coming models don’t make that much, | 新人模特赚的不多 |
[18:34] | so the rent eats up a lot of their pay. | 于是工资大部分都抵扣了房租 |
[18:35] | Maybe Kamile had had enough. | 或许卡米拉受够了 |
[18:37] | She found out who owned the building | 她查出了楼主的身份 |
[18:39] | and threatened to expose them for what they were doing. | 并威胁说要举报他们 |
[18:42] | Got herself killed for the trouble. | 惹祸上身被杀 |
[18:43] | If that’s the case, | 如果是这样 |
[18:45] | maybe she told one of the girls what she was doing. | 或许她跟其中一个模特说过她的计划 |
[18:48] | – It’s possible. – But? | -有这个可能 -但是 |
[18:50] | The models may all live together, | 这些模特虽然住在一起 |
[18:52] | but as far as we can tell, | 但据我们所知 |
[18:53] | they barely know each other. | 她们彼此也不太熟 |
[18:54] | I’m not sure any of them even knew Kamile was missing. | 她们可能都没人知道卡米拉失踪了 |
[19:03] | You have to understand, | 你得理解 |
[19:05] | girls move in and out of apartments like ours every day, | 这里每天都有我们这样的女孩进进出出 |
[19:08] | and no one spends much time in them. | 没人会特别留意谁 |
[19:10] | Most of us are either working or out on the town. | 我们多数人不是在工作就是在外面玩 |
[19:13] | The apartment was quite well-populated when we arrived. | 我们去的时候 公寓里人可不少 |
[19:16] | A group of us had a break between a show and a reception. | 我们几个在一场走秀和招待会之间有一些休息时间 |
[19:19] | We decided to go home to change outfits, | 我们决定回家换套衣服 |
[19:21] | make an entrance together. | 到时候一起入场 |
[19:23] | The M.E. thinks Kamile was strangled the day before yesterday, | 法医认为卡米拉是前天下午三点到六点间 |
[19:26] | between 3:00 and 6:00 in the afternoon. | 被人勒死的 |
[19:28] | Some of the other models told us you were all at a show? | 有些模特说你们当时都在走秀 |
[19:32] | Kamile skipped it. She didn’t say why. | 卡米拉没去 她没有说原因 |
[19:34] | We understand the two of you weren’t particularly close, | 我们知道你们并不熟 |
[19:37] | but had you noticed any unsavory characters in her life? | 但你是否知道她的生活中有没有什么讨厌的人 |
[19:40] | We’re models. Almost everyone we meet is unsavory. | 我们是模特 遇到的人几乎都很讨厌 |
[19:45] | I did overhear her talking on the phone a few days ago. | 不过几天前我无意听到她在讲电话 |
[19:48] | It sounded like someone was asking her for money. | 听起来像是有人在找她要钱 |
[19:50] | She said something like, | 她好像说 |
[19:52] | “I just gave you $1,000. | “我刚给了你一千块 |
[19:54] | Why do you need more so soon?” | 怎么这么快又要” |
[19:56] | There was a back-and-forth, | 他们讨价还价了一番 |
[19:57] | then Kamile agreed to send whoever it was $500. | 然后卡米拉同意给那个人五百 |
[20:03] | Hard to imagine $500 was worth killing over. | 很难相信会有人为了五百块杀人 |
[20:07] | In my country, people kill for much less. | 在我们国家 为了更少钱杀人的都有 |
[20:10] | I’m sorry. That’s all I know. | 抱歉 我只知道这么多了 |
[20:15] | Augustina? No last name, | 奥古斯蒂娜 没有姓氏 |
[20:17] | just Augustina, you’re next. | 只有名字的奥古斯蒂娜 该你了 |
[20:19] | Detective Bell? | 贝尔警探吗 |
[20:20] | Yeah? | 是我 |
[20:21] | If these interviews are about the Jane Doe | 如果今天的讯问是关于 |
[20:23] | who was found two nights ago, | 你们两天前晚上发现的无名女尸 |
[20:25] | you might want to talk to my client first. | 那你们应该先跟我的客户谈谈 |
[20:26] | Which one is she? | 哪位是你的客户 |
[20:28] | Not she. He. | 不是模特 是他 |
[20:31] | His name is Peyton Trask. | 他叫佩顿・崔斯克 |
[20:33] | He owns the building where the victim was staying. | 受害者住的那栋楼是他的 |
[20:35] | We understand you’ve been looking for him. | 我们听说你们在找他 |
[20:38] | First off, we’d like to set the record straight. | 首先 我们想先说清楚 |
[20:40] | Mr. Trask is a hedge fund manager | 崔斯克先生作为一名对冲基金经理 |
[20:43] | who bought that building as an investment. | 买那栋楼是为了做投资 |
[20:45] | He hardly ever goes there. | 他很少去那里 |
[20:47] | He never meets his residents. | 也从来不跟住户见面 |
[20:49] | He definitely never interacted with Ms. Volodka. | 他绝对从来没有见过沃拉卡小姐 |
[20:52] | So he had no motive to kill her. | 所以他没有杀人的动机 |
[20:54] | If Mr. Trask wants to set anything straight, | 如果崔斯克先生想把事情说清楚 |
[20:57] | he’s gonna have to actually talk. | 他最好亲自说出口 |
[21:00] | You might think it’s in your best interest | 也许你认为保持沉默 |
[21:01] | to stay silent, Mr. Trask, | 是最好的方法 崔斯克先生 |
[21:02] | but your anxiety speaks volumes. | 但是你的焦虑已经替你说出口了 |
[21:05] | You’re clearly holding something back. | 你肯定隐瞒了什么 |
[21:06] | – I-I didn’t kill her, okay? – Peyton. | -我没有杀她 -佩顿 |
[21:09] | But I did move the body. | 但是我挪动了尸体 |
[21:11] | I went to check on the apartment around 9:00, | 那晚九点左右我去检查公寓 |
[21:13] | when I thought it would be empty. | 我还以为公寓里没人 |
[21:14] | That’s when I found her. | 然后就发现了她 |
[21:17] | She was already dead. | 她当时已经死了 |
[21:18] | What do you mean, “check on the apartment”? | 检查公寓是什么意思 |
[21:21] | – He means he was on the hunt for lingerie. – What? | -他的意思是他去那里偷内衣 -什么 |
[21:24] | Several of the models in the apartment reported | 有好几个模特说 |
[21:26] | their undergarments missing. | 她们的内衣丢了 |
[21:27] | From the way you sat down, | 从你的坐姿看 |
[21:28] | it’s clear you’re wearing a thong under your trousers. | 很显然你西裤里穿的是丁字裤 |
[21:31] | One of theirs, no? | 应该是她们的 对吗 |
[21:32] | You have an underwear fetish? | 你有内衣癖 |
[21:36] | Maybe Kamile Volodka walked in on your little panty raid. | 也许卡米拉・沃拉卡不小心碰到你在偷内衣 |
[21:39] | You killed her so no one else would find out. | 你杀了她灭口 |
[21:41] | No. You’ve got it all wrong. | 不 你们弄错了 |
[21:44] | Not the… underwear part. | 偷内衣的事没错 |
[21:46] | Th-The part where I’m some sort of killer. | 关于我是杀手的事 |
[21:49] | I took the elevator up to the apartment, | 我乘电梯进了公寓 |
[21:50] | and she was there, already dead. | 她在那儿 已经死了 |
[21:52] | There wasn’t a mark on her, so I figured she OD’d. | 她身上没有痕迹 所以我以为她吸毒过量了 |
[21:55] | I know I should’ve called the police, | 我知道我应该报警 |
[21:56] | but I didn’t want housing inspectors crawling up my butt, | 但我不想让调查房屋的人来烦我 |
[21:58] | so I moved her outside. | 所以我把尸体搬到了外面 |
[22:01] | I assume you have a time of death by now. | 我想你们现在应该有死亡时间了吧 |
[22:03] | Let’s just say we’d be curious to know | 所以我们很好奇 |
[22:04] | where Mr. Trask was two days ago | 两天前下午三点到六点 |
[22:07] | between the hours of 3:00 p.M. and 6:00 p.M. | 崔斯克先生在哪儿 |
[22:10] | I was at my firm until a little after 7:00. | 我在公司一直待到七点多 |
[22:12] | Dozens of people can place me there, I swear. | 很多人能为我作证 我发誓 |
[22:16] | I made a mistake, okay? | 我犯了个错误 |
[22:18] | A lot of mistakes, but I-I swear I didn’t hurt that girl. | 很多错误 但我发誓我没有伤害那个女孩 |
[22:24] | If it helps, I can give you her phone. | 如果有用的话 我可以把她的手机给你们 |
[22:26] | You have her phone? | 你有她的手机 |
[22:28] | It was in her pocket. | 在她的口袋里 |
[22:29] | I took it out and took it home and put it in my trash. | 我带回家扔在了我的垃圾桶里 |
[22:32] | Garbage pickup where I live isn’t until Friday, | 我住的地方周五才收垃圾 |
[22:34] | so if you want it, it’s yours. | 如果你们想要 可以拿走 |
[22:40] | I’m sorry. You said you found me | 不好意思 你是说你们 |
[22:41] | through Kamile Volodka’s phone? | 通过卡米拉・沃拉卡的手机找到的我 |
[22:43] | We haven’t been able to unlock it yet, | 我们还没有解锁手机 |
[22:45] | but her calendar app was set to send alerts | 但是她的日程软件 |
[22:48] | through the lock screen. | 跳出了日程提醒 |
[22:49] | According to what we saw, | 从提醒看 |
[22:50] | you met with Kamile the day she was killed. | 卡米拉被杀的那天跟你见过面 |
[22:53] | That was the day she died? | 她是那天死的吗 |
[22:55] | Was she a friend of yours? | 她是你的朋友吗 |
[22:56] | Actually, I’d never met her before. | 实际上 在那之前我从来没见过她 |
[22:59] | You’re familiar with the work we do here? | 你们了解这里的工作吗 |
[23:01] | You’re a charity | 你们是帮助人们戒毒的 |
[23:02] | who helps people get off drugs. | 一个慈善机构 |
[23:04] | Was Kamile someone you were treating? | 卡米拉是你们的病人吗 |
[23:06] | No. Her sister was. Regina. | 不是 是她姐姐 雷吉娜 |
[23:11] | We’ve been trying to get in touch with Regina. | 我们一直想联络上雷吉娜 |
[23:13] | If you have any information… | 如果你有任何消息 |
[23:15] | I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[23:16] | but Regina died from a heroin overdose almost ten months ago. | 雷吉娜十个月前海洛因服用过量去世了 |
[23:21] | Kamile and Regina, | 卡米拉和雷吉娜 |
[23:23] | they fell out of touch when Regina’s addiction got really bad. | 她们在雷吉娜的毒瘾加重时断了联系 |
[23:26] | By the time Regina died, they hadn’t spoken in months. | 雷吉娜死的时候 她们已经几个月没说话了 |
[23:30] | Kamile was carrying a lot of guilt around. | 卡米拉一直很内疚 |
[23:34] | She took a modeling job in New York | 她接了纽约的模特工作 |
[23:35] | just so she could meet with me. | 就是为了和我见面 |
[23:37] | She wanted to know if there was anything | 她想知道她还能做什么 |
[23:39] | she could’ve done to save her sister. | 来帮助她姐姐 |
[23:41] | I told her the truth. | 我告诉了她真相 |
[23:44] | Opiate addiction is a monster. | 阿片类毒瘾是个怪兽 |
[23:47] | And sometimes, no matter what we do, | 有时候 不管我们做什么 |
[23:50] | we’re gonna lose the person we care about. | 我们最终都会失去我们爱的人 |
[23:52] | Did Kamile seem troubled that day? | 卡米拉那天看起来像是有麻烦的样子吗 |
[23:55] | Any concerns she might be in danger? | 有没有在担心什么 |
[23:58] | No. | 没有 |
[24:00] | Did you notice anyone suspicious in the restaurant? | 餐馆里有可疑的人吗 |
[24:02] | Was anyone following her? | 有人在跟踪她吗 |
[24:03] | I noticed a few men checking her out. | 我注意到有几个男人在打量她 |
[24:06] | She was beautiful, | 她很漂亮 |
[24:08] | but none of them seemed threatening. | 但他们看起来都不危险 |
[24:12] | If you’d like, I can give you Regina’s case file. | 如果你们想要 我可以提供雷吉娜案子的档案 |
[24:15] | I went over it with Kamile, | 我和卡米拉一起看过 |
[24:17] | but I’m afraid that’s all I’ve got. | 但恐怕我能做的也就只有这些了 |
[24:19] | I’m sorry I can’t be more help. | 很抱歉帮不了更多了 |
[24:28] | Hey, how you doing? | 你好 |
[24:29] | – Oh, can I help you? – Yeah, I’m with the gas company. | -有什么事吗 -我是煤气公司的 |
[24:31] | We got a report of a leak in the area. | 我们收到报告说这附近有泄漏 |
[24:33] | I’m afraid I’m gonna have to check your house. | 恐怕我得检查你的房子 |
[24:35] | Oh, do you have to do it right now? | 一定得现在查吗 |
[24:36] | Yeah, I’m afraid so. We-we get some buildups, | 恐怕是的 如果积攒起来 |
[24:39] | there’s a spark in the wrong place, | 又碰巧遇到了火花 |
[24:41] | real bad things can happen, you know? | 那就要出大事了 知道吗 |
[24:42] | – Well, we don’t want that. – No. All right. | -我们可不想那又 -没错 好吧 |
[24:50] | Yeah, I’m gonna start down here, if that’s okay with you. | 我从这下边开始了 如果你同意的话 |
[24:53] | Sure. Whatever you need. | 可以 你随意 |
[24:55] | What’s all this for? | 这些都是做什么的 |
[24:57] | Oh. Are you familiar with podcasts? | 你听说过播客吗 |
[25:00] | My son does one. He records it down here. | 我儿子有一个 他就在这下边录音 |
[25:03] | All right. What’s it about? | 是吗 关于什么的 |
[25:05] | Um, historical mysteries, strange occurrences. | 历史迷踪 奇闻异事 |
[25:09] | He can explain it better than me. | 他能解释得比我清楚 |
[25:11] | He should be back from teaching in an hour or so | 他差不多还有一小时就教书回来了 |
[25:13] | if you’re curious. | 如果你感兴趣的话 |
[25:15] | No, I-I think I’ll be out of your hair by then. | 不了 我想到时候我已经完事了 |
[25:21] | I’m sorry, could I trouble you for a glass of water? | 抱歉 能麻烦你给我倒杯水吗 |
[25:23] | Of course. I’ll be right back. | 当然 我马上回来 |
[25:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:55] | Pretty sure that bag was not that heavy when you left. | 我可以肯定你走的时候那包没那么重 |
[25:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:58] | It wasn’t holding a pistol | 我走的时候 |
[25:59] | and several boxes of ammunition when I left. | 这里没装着手枪还有多盒子弹 |
[26:02] | You found that at Wesley Conrad’s parents’ house? | 你在维斯利・康拉德的父母家找到的吗 |
[26:05] | The pistol itself is quite new. | 手枪还很新 |
[26:07] | I assume he got it during his trip to Vermont. | 我猜是他去佛蒙特州时买的 |
[26:11] | So what do you think? Was Odin right about him? | 所以你怎么想 奥丁对他的看法是对的吗 |
[26:13] | It’s certainly possible that Conrad has murder on his mind. | 康拉德想要谋杀的可能性很大 |
[26:16] | – If he does, minds can be changed. – Sherlock… | -如是如此 想法也可以改变 -夏洛克 |
[26:18] | Taking his gun away from him is only part of my plan. | 从他手边拿走枪只是我计划的一部分 |
[26:21] | I’m not finished with him yet, not by any means. | 我和他还没完 还差得远 |
[26:24] | The file you got on Kamile Volodka’s sister, | 你拿到的关于卡米拉・沃拉卡姐姐的档案 |
[26:26] | anything useful in it? | 有什么有用的吗 |
[26:28] | Yes and no. The file itself tells a pretty familiar story. | 有也没有 文件本身讲的事情很老套 |
[26:32] | Regina wanted to quit heroin, but it was hard. | 雷吉娜想要戒掉海洛因 但太难了 |
[26:35] | She relapsed more than once. Still, it got me thinking, | 她复吸了很多次 但这让我思考 |
[26:38] | the social worker who oversaw her case | 管理她案子的社工 |
[26:40] | said that Kamile felt a lot of guilt | 说卡米拉对于发生在雷吉娜身上的事 |
[26:42] | about what happened to Regina. | 有很深的愧疚感 |
[26:43] | So maybe that’s what drove her to go and find the person | 或许这就是为什么她会去查那个 |
[26:45] | who sold the drugs to Regina that killed her. | 卖毒品给雷吉娜并害死她的人 |
[26:47] | And that person realized that she was onto them. | 而那个人意识到她在找他们 |
[26:50] | They went to the model apartment and killed her. | 他们就去模特公寓杀了她 |
[26:52] | Regina was arrested for possession once. | 雷吉娜因为携带被逮捕过一次 |
[26:54] | I asked Marcus to get anything the police had on her. | 我让马库斯去找出警察有关她的所有资料 |
[26:56] | I was hoping she told the police where she got her drugs. | 我本希望她告诉了警察从哪里获取的毒品 |
[26:59] | – And? – The arrest report was a bust. | -结果呢 -逮捕记录是个哑弹 |
[27:01] | Nothing jumped out. | 没有任何突出点 |
[27:04] | Coroner’s report on her overdose, on the other hand, take a look. | 至于法医对于她过量的报告 看一眼吧 |
[27:07] | I think you’ll come to the same conclusion that I did. | 我想你会得出和我一样的结论 |
[27:09] | Regina Volodka was murdered ten months ago, | 雷吉娜・沃拉卡十个月前被谋杀 |
[27:12] | probably by the same person | 很可能是同一个 |
[27:13] | who killed her sister two nights ago. | 在两天前杀了她妹妹的人下的手 |
[27:21] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道能说什么 |
[27:22] | I stand by my work. | 我坚守我的观点 |
[27:23] | Regina Volodka’s death was accidental. She OD’d. | 雷吉娜・沃拉卡死亡是意外 她吸毒过量了 |
[27:28] | You didn’t make note of these two marks in your report. | 你在报告里没有提到这两个伤痕 |
[27:31] | I’m assuming you missed them? | 我猜测你是没看到 |
[27:34] | Honestly, I don’t remember. | 说实话 我不记得了 |
[27:37] | She was dead for two days before her body was found. | 她死了两天后尸体才被找到 |
[27:40] | Given the level of livor mortis, | 根据尸斑的发展 |
[27:42] | these could be anything. | 这些可能是任何东西造成的 |
[27:43] | Bruises or bug bites or a dozen other things. | 外伤 虫咬或是数十种其他东西 |
[27:46] | See, we don’t agree. | 你看 我们不这么认为 |
[27:49] | Given the size and spacing, we think those are burn marks | 根据大小和间隔 我们认为这是烧伤 |
[27:52] | – left by a stun gun. – She was subdued, | -由电击枪留下的 -她被控制住了 |
[27:55] | and then someone else injected her with a fatal dose of heroin. | 然后有人给她注射了致死量的海洛因 |
[27:58] | This was a murder and you missed it. | 这是谋杀 你失误了 |
[28:01] | According to your report, | 根据你的报告 |
[28:02] | there was only a single needle stick on Regina, | 雷吉娜身上只有一个针眼 |
[28:04] | so she wasn’t using much before she died, if at all. | 所以她死前即便用过 也没有过度 |
[28:07] | There were no works found with the body, | 尸体周围没有发现工具 |
[28:09] | and based on blood pooling, | 而且根据血迹 |
[28:10] | she was moved a few hours after she died. | 她在死亡几小时后被移动过 |
[28:13] | You missed that, too. | 你也错过了这个细节 |
[28:14] | The person that killed Regina Volodka got away. | 杀了雷吉娜・沃拉卡的人跑掉了 |
[28:17] | And now it looks like he’s killed her sister | 现在看起来他又来杀了她的妹妹 |
[28:20] | for good measure. | 完成了全套 |
[28:21] | What? | 什么 |
[28:23] | She was attacked with a stun gun a few days ago, | 她几天前被电击枪袭击 |
[28:26] | then suffocated. | 然后窒息而死 |
[28:28] | The burn marks do look like a match. | 烧伤痕迹看起来是匹配的 |
[28:30] | Do you remember anything else | 你还记得任何关于 |
[28:31] | from the morning you autopsied Regina? | 你尸检雷吉娜那天早上的事吗 |
[28:33] | Anything that might point us in someone’s direction? | 任何能帮助我们指认出某人的信息 |
[28:36] | No, I can’t help you. | 没有 我帮不到你们 |
[28:39] | But I might know someone who can. | 不过 我可能知道有个人能帮忙 |
[28:42] | Last month, a private detective came to see me, Baxter Lim. | 上个月一个私家侦探来找我 巴克斯特·利姆 |
[28:46] | He was asking about Regina Volodka. | 他来问雷吉娜·沃拉卡的事 |
[28:48] | He wanted a copy of my report. | 想要一份我的报告 |
[28:50] | I assumed it was just an insurance thing, but… | 我以为是保险之类的事情 |
[28:53] | But maybe Kamile was the one who hired him. | 不过也许雇他的人是卡米拉 |
[28:56] | She suspected foul play. | 她怀疑是谋杀 |
[28:58] | If Baxter saw what you saw in these pictures, | 如果巴克斯特注意到你们在照片中注意到的 |
[29:01] | if he had information from the sister that you didn’t, | 如果他从妹妹那里知道了你们不知道的事 |
[29:04] | it’s possible he’s already on someone’s trail. | 他很可能已经盯上某个人了 |
[29:09] | Baxter Lim’s office address is 1128 1/2. | 巴克斯特·利姆的办公室在附1128号 |
[29:12] | Home is 1128. | 家在1128号 |
[29:14] | I’m guessing that’s the office back there. | 估计后面那个就是办公室 |
[29:17] | CCS says, according to Kamile Volodka’s Venmo account, | 通信组说 根据卡米拉·沃拉卡的出让账户 |
[29:20] | she sent Baxter Lim $500 a few days before she died. | 她遇害前几天给巴克斯特转了五百块钱 |
[29:24] | One of the models told you she overheard a call | 一个模特跟你说过 她听到过卡米拉 |
[29:26] | between Kamile and someone who was asking for $500, right? | 跟某人通话 那人向她要500块钱 |
[29:30] | Guessing I was right about her hiring this guy | 看来我认为她雇了这个人 |
[29:32] | to look into her sister’s death. | 调查她姐姐的死因 这想法是对的 |
[29:36] | Baxter Lim? NYPD. | 巴克斯特·利姆 纽约警局 |
[29:39] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[29:43] | Those are corpse flies. | 是尸蝇 |
[29:54] | Baxter Lim? | 巴克斯特·利姆 |
[29:59] | He’s been dead at least a day, maybe two. | 他已经死了至少一两天了 |
[30:04] | Stun gun burns. | 电击枪灼痕 |
[30:09] | You’re cutting it fine, aren’t you? | 你时间把握得很准啊 |
[30:12] | Less than five hours before Bertram Iwan screens his documentary. | 离伯特拉姆·伊万放映纪录片不到五小时了 |
[30:16] | What’s the verdict? | 有什么结论吗 |
[30:22] | This for me? | 这是给我的吗 |
[30:23] | It’s safe. Your henchmen already checked it out. | 很安全 你的手下已经检查过了 |
[30:27] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[30:29] | It’s a gun. Recently procured by Wesley Conrad. | 是一把枪 维斯利·康拉德最近买的 |
[30:33] | I took a saw to it. | 我看了一眼 |
[30:35] | I don’t suppose you took a saw to him, as well, did you? | 你不是跑到他那去了吧 |
[30:38] | You were right to come to me. | 你来找我就对了 |
[30:40] | I’ll handle this from here. | 接下来就交给我吧 |
[30:41] | No, I didn’t come here to seal Conrad’s fate. | 不 我不是来决定康拉德命运的 |
[30:44] | I came here to let you know | 我是来告诉你 |
[30:46] | that the situation is in hand. | 一切尽在掌握 |
[30:48] | Obviously, my intel was right. He’s planning a shooting. | 显然我的情报是对的 他在策划枪击 |
[30:52] | Maybe. Maybe not. | 也许吧 也许不是 |
[30:55] | If he is, there are ways of stopping him | 即便是 阻止他的方法有很多 |
[30:57] | which do not entail his murder. | 不用杀了他 |
[30:59] | Do you honestly think that this | 你真的认为 |
[31:02] | is going to guarantee he won’t hurt anyone? | 这就能保证他不会伤害任何人 |
[31:04] | He could have more guns. | 他可能有更多的枪 |
[31:06] | And if he doesn’t– this isn’t England– | 如果他没有的话 这不是英国 |
[31:08] | he could already have another one. | 他可能已经又搞一把了 |
[31:10] | I paid him a visit. | 我去找过他 |
[31:11] | I put him in touch with a law firm who are going to help him | 我让他联系了一家律师事务所 |
[31:13] | resolve his grievances without violence. | 会帮他以非暴力的方式解决他的不满 |
[31:16] | They report that he called and sounded encouraged. | 他们反馈 他打了电话 信心满满 |
[31:20] | According to his e-mails, he’s already tried lawyers | 根据他的邮件 他跟几个律师联系过 |
[31:22] | and they always let him down. | 但他们让他失望了 |
[31:23] | You’re referring to old data. | 你说的是旧数据 |
[31:25] | I’m bringing you new data. | 我给你带来的是新数据 |
[31:28] | Would you consider it? | 你要考虑一下吗 |
[31:31] | Well, that is a shame. | 那太可惜了 |
[31:34] | I must admit, you do have a knack | 我必须承认 你在识别 |
[31:36] | for identifying people who may pose a threat. | 可能构成威胁的人方面很有一套 |
[31:38] | – “May”? – Not everyone who gets angry commits a murder. | -“可能” -不是所有生气的人都会杀人 |
[31:41] | Not everyone who buys a gun commits a murder, | 不是所有买了枪的人就会杀人 |
[31:42] | even though it might feel like it sometimes. | 即便有时候看起来是这样 |
[31:44] | – Sherlock… – I agree | -夏洛克 -我同意 |
[31:45] | Conrad may still be dangerous, | 康拉德可能仍然很危险 |
[31:47] | so I shared my concerns with the police | 所以我把我的担忧告诉了警察 |
[31:49] | and with the company providing security at the theater tonight. | 也告诉了今晚负责剧院安保的公司 |
[31:52] | If he comes within 100 yards of the place, he will be stopped. | 只要他出现在100码的范围内就拦住他 |
[31:54] | Say you’re right. | 就算你是对的 |
[31:55] | Tonight, Bertram Iwan is safe. | 今晚 伯特拉姆·伊万安全了 |
[31:58] | What about tomorrow? Or the day after that? | 那明天呢 或者后天呢 |
[32:00] | I’ll keep an eye on Conrad. | 我会盯着康拉德的 |
[32:01] | I could give you the names of 100 would-be killers right now. | 我现在就能给你一百个潜在凶手的名字 |
[32:05] | Are you going to keep an eye on them as well? | 你能也盯着他们吗 |
[32:07] | That’s more than I could handle. | 那确实超出了我的能力 |
[32:09] | That’s more than anyone could handle. | 任何人都应付不来 |
[32:11] | Except, perhaps, a billionaire tech mogul | 不过 也许一个身家十亿 |
[32:14] | with the resources of a small country. | 资源量堪比一个小王国的科技巨头能做到 |
[32:17] | You want me to change my ways. | 你想让我改变我的方式 |
[32:21] | Find a way to babysit these people. | 想办法像保姆一样照顾这些人 |
[32:23] | Protect them from themselves. | 保护他们不受自己的伤害 |
[32:25] | What you’re talking about, | 你说的那些 |
[32:27] | engaging them the way that you just engaged Conrad, | 像你接触康拉德那样去接触他们 |
[32:30] | observing them for years, | 观察他们数年时间 |
[32:32] | it would require much more manpower. | 那需要更多的人力 |
[32:34] | There would be more risk of exposure… | 还可能有曝光的风险 |
[32:36] | Killing people’s easier, is it? | 直接杀人更简单 对吧 |
[32:38] | Oh, well, I suppose that makes it all right. | 看来那就让一切都没问题了 |
[32:47] | Sherlock. | 夏洛克 |
[32:49] | Let’s say I would consider revising | 假设我愿意考虑 |
[32:52] | the way I do things… | 修改我做事的方式 |
[32:56] | you and Joan would help? | 你和乔恩会帮忙吗 |
[32:58] | Call us. Find out. | 打给我们自己看结果吧 |
[33:06] | Hey, how’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[33:07] | With Odin Reichenbach? Difficult to say. | 跟奥丁·赖兴巴赫吗 难说 |
[33:09] | Wesley Conrad? So far, so good. | 维斯利·康拉德嘛 目前还行 |
[33:11] | So he stayed away from the screening tonight? | 所以他今晚不会去放映会 |
[33:13] | I’ve had eyes on his parents’ home | 我昨天就找人盯着他父母家了 |
[33:14] | since yesterday; he’s still there. | 他现在还在那里 |
[33:16] | Bertram Iwan, meanwhile, | 与此同时 伯特拉姆·伊万 |
[33:18] | is just wrapping up his Q&A, | 正在准备他的问答环节 |
[33:19] | should be on a plane back to London by midnight. | 应该在午夜前就会乘飞机回到伦敦 |
[33:22] | What’s all this? | 这些都是什么 |
[33:23] | These are screenshots and photos taken by Baxter Lim. | 都是巴克斯特·利姆拍的照片或截图 |
[33:26] | – The late private detective? – Yeah. | -最近的那名私家侦探 -是的 |
[33:28] | So Marcus and I are now pretty sure | 我和马库斯都非常肯定 |
[33:30] | that he and Kamile were killed | 他和卡米拉是因为 |
[33:31] | because they were looking into what happened to Regina. | 调查发生在雷吉娜身上的事而被杀的 |
[33:33] | We wanted to take a look at his notes on the case. | 我们想看一下他对案件做的笔记 |
[33:36] | But the killer absconded with them. | 但凶手逃跑时把它们带走了 |
[33:38] | Along with Baxter’s phone and hard drive. | 还带走了巴克斯特的手机和硬盘 |
[33:41] | And yet you have all these. They’re from the cloud? | 但你弄到了这些 是从云端下载的吗 |
[33:42] | Yeah. Well, there are thousands of them. | 是的 有几千张 |
[33:44] | I hit “print all” an hour ago. | 我一小时前就开始打印了 |
[33:45] | I’ve just been separating the ones | 我在分类拣选那些 |
[33:47] | that I think might have something to do with | 我认为可能与他对雷吉娜的调查 |
[33:49] | his investigation into Regina. | 有关的照片 |
[33:52] | A bar where she worked. | 她工作过的酒吧 |
[33:53] | The nonprofit where she got her counseling. | 她去咨询的非盈利组织 |
[33:56] | And the place she was found. | 她被发现的地方 |
[33:58] | This one’s interesting. | 这张很有意思 |
[33:59] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[34:00] | Photo of her with some character from a theme park? | 她和主题公园里的卡通角色拍的照片吗 |
[34:03] | Note the caption. | 注意看标题 |
[34:04] | “Pandasalt, titan of the turntables, | “熊猫盐 打碟巨星 |
[34:06] | attacks the scene.” | 震撼全场” |
[34:08] | He’s a DJ? | 他是个DJ |
[34:10] | More than a few of them have taken to wearing masks recently. | 最近他们中有很多人都开始戴面具 |
[34:13] | Anonymity has become hip. | 匿名成为了潮流 |
[34:16] | As you said, that appears to be from the Internet. | 如你所说 这张照片应该来源于网络 |
[34:19] | The rest seem to be taken by Lim himself. | 其他的应该是林自己拍的 |
[34:21] | You think the two of them were dating? | 你觉得他们俩在约会 |
[34:23] | Well, that would explain why Lim was looking into him. | 这也能解释林为什么会调查他 |
[34:25] | Unfortunately, Pandasalt’s name | 可惜的是 熊猫盐的真名 |
[34:28] | is as big a mystery as his face. | 和他的真容一样是个谜 |
[34:29] | Absolutely no one knows who he is. | 显然没有人知道他是谁 |
[34:53] | What’s going on in here? | 这是在干什么 |
[34:54] | Watson, MC Autocat. | 华生 这是MC自动猫 |
[34:56] | Autocat… | 自动猫 |
[34:57] | …Watson. | 这是华生 |
[34:59] | Like Pandasalt, Autocat is an EDM artist | 和熊猫盐一样 自动猫也是保持匿名的 |
[35:02] | who prefers to remain anonymous. | 精通电子舞曲的艺术家 |
[35:03] | She’s also a trained musicologist | 她还是一名专业的音乐学者 |
[35:05] | and she’s helping me identify Pandasalt | 她正在通过播放风格相似的已知歌手的音乐 |
[35:07] | by playing known artists with similar styles. | 来帮我确认熊猫盐的身份 |
[35:11] | You think one of them is Pandasalt? | 你觉得这其中有人是熊猫盐 |
[35:13] | Well, so far, we’ve reviewed some promising candidates. | 目前我们已经筛选了不少有前途的候选人 |
[35:18] | Wait, I know this song. | 等等 我对这首歌有印象 |
[35:20] | I was listening to some of, uh, Pandasalt’s music last night. | 我昨晚在听熊猫盐的歌 |
[35:25] | It sounds like one of his songs. | 这听起来很像他的一首歌 |
[35:27] | Something about trash, or something. | 一首关于垃圾还是什么的 |
[35:32] | ♪ Trash panda ♪ | ♪ 垃圾熊猫 ♪ |
[35:34] | ♪ I got rights… ♪ | ♪ 我有权 ♪ |
[35:36] | Yep, almost exactly the same. | 好了 几乎完全一样 |
[35:43] | It’s a Long Island DJ called Amos Deukmejian. | 这是个叫阿摩司·德克梅吉恩的长岛DJ |
[35:46] | I’d say we have our panda, wouldn’t you? | 我觉得我们已经找到了”熊猫” |
[35:51] | I am Pandasalt. | 我是熊猫盐 |
[35:52] | And Regina and I were together for a while, | 雷吉娜和我曾经在一起过一段时间 |
[35:54] | but if you think I would ever hurt her… | 但如果你们觉得我会伤害她… |
[35:59] | I didn’t even know she was dead until you told me. | 要不是你们告诉我 我都不知道她死了 |
[36:04] | “My girlfriend drives me crazy and sometimes | “我女朋友把我搞疯了 有时候 |
[36:06] | I want to kill her.” | 我都想杀了她” |
[36:07] | You posted that, right? | 这是你发的吧 |
[36:09] | Yes, but I-I wasn’t… being literal. | 是 但我不是… 认真的 |
[36:13] | Regina had problems; she was a heroin addict. | 雷吉娜有问题 她海洛因成瘾 |
[36:16] | A fact her killer took full advantage of ten months ago; | 这也是杀她的凶手十个月前充分利用的一点 |
[36:18] | made her death look like an OD. | 把她的死伪造得像吸毒过量 |
[36:20] | What, you think I’m the only one who knew that she was on drugs? | 你们觉得我是唯一一个知道她吸毒的人吗 |
[36:23] | We think you’re the only person | 我们认为你是唯一一个 |
[36:24] | who ever talked about killing her. | 说过要杀了她的人 |
[36:27] | Ten months ago, I wasn’t even in the country. | 十个月前 我甚至都不在国内 |
[36:29] | I was, I was halfway through a ten-week tour | 我正在一段为期十周的 |
[36:32] | – of South America. – We’re aware. | -南美巡演的途中 -我们知道 |
[36:34] | We have a picture of you playing in Brazil | 我们有在雷吉娜死亡当晚 |
[36:36] | the night that Regina died. | 你在巴西表演的照片 |
[36:38] | So what are we even doing here? | 那我们在这干什么 |
[36:40] | Did you forget you perform in a mask? | 你忘了你表演时戴着面具吗 |
[36:42] | Could have been anyone in those pictures. | 那些照片拍到的可能是任何人 |
[36:46] | I have friends in Brazil. | 我在巴西有朋友 |
[36:47] | Reach out to them, they’ll tell you. | 你和他们联系 他们会告诉你的 |
[36:49] | I was hanging out with them backstage that night without the mask. | 那晚我没戴面具和他们在后台一起玩 |
[36:53] | They can probably even send you pictures. | 他们也许还能给你们发些照片 |
[36:54] | – Names and numbers. – No. | -名字和电话 -不 |
[36:57] | No, first you tell me where my daughter is. | 不 除非你们先告诉我我女儿在哪里 |
[36:59] | Why would we know where your daughter is? | 我们为什么会知道你女儿在哪 |
[37:01] | Regina’s daughter, whatever. | 那就算是雷吉娜的女儿吧 |
[37:05] | A few months before the Brazil show, I was in Lima. | 巴西巡演的几个月前 我在利马 |
[37:07] | Regina called me, said that she’d gotten clean | 雷吉娜打电话给我 说她戒干净了 |
[37:10] | and that she was pregnant. | 她还怀孕了 |
[37:12] | She said it was a girl and that it was mine. | 她说是个女孩 还是我的孩子 |
[37:15] | The M.E. who performed Regina’s autopsy missed a few things; | 检查雷吉娜尸体的法医错过了一些细节 |
[37:18] | maybe she missed that Regina was pregnant when she died. | 或许她也没发现雷吉娜死时怀有身孕 |
[37:21] | No, you don’t get it. She’d already had the baby by then. | 不 你没明白 她那时候已经生了 |
[37:23] | Back up a second. | 等一等 |
[37:24] | You said she called you in Lima, told you she was pregnant… | 你说你在利马时她给你打电话说自己怀孕了 |
[37:26] | Yeah, she said she didn’t need anything, | 对 她说她什么都不需要 |
[37:28] | she just wanted me to know. | 她只是想让我知情 |
[37:30] | She said she was thinking of giving | 她说她考虑把孩子 |
[37:31] | the baby to some private adoption agency. | 交给某个私人收养机构 |
[37:33] | That probably explains where your daughter is now. Doesn’t it? | 这也许能说明你女儿现在的下落 不是吗 |
[37:36] | No, no, ’cause I talked her out of it. | 不 我已经劝说她放弃了 |
[37:38] | I told her I’d be there for her and give her child support. | 我说我会陪着她 给她赡养费 |
[37:41] | Anything she wanted. She said she’d think about it. | 她要什么都行 她说她会考虑 |
[37:43] | Then, | 然后 |
[37:44] | when I was in Brazil, Regina called me again. | 我在巴西时 雷吉娜又打给了我 |
[37:47] | She said she was at the hospital. | 她说她在医院 |
[37:49] | She’d just had the baby. | 她刚生了 |
[37:50] | She told me she’d changed her mind. | 她说她改主意了 |
[37:53] | She told the adoption agency she was going to keep it. | 她跟收养机构说了她会留下孩子 |
[37:57] | She said she’d call me if she ever needed anything. | 她说如果有需要会给我打电话 |
[38:01] | Give us a minute, would you? | 我们失陪一下 |
[38:11] | Assuming everything he says is true, he was in Brazil | 假设他说的都是真的 |
[38:14] | the same day that Regina called to say she’d had her baby. | 雷吉娜打电话说生了孩子那天他在巴西 |
[38:16] | Based on our timeline, that’s the same day she died. | 根据我们的时间线来看 她就是那天死的 |
[38:19] | That would mean she was killed not long after she delivered. | 那说明她在生产后不久就被杀了 |
[38:22] | More specifically, it was not long after she told | 更确切地说 是在她告诉收养机构 |
[38:24] | the adoption agency she was keeping the baby. | 她要留下孩子后不久 |
[38:26] | We never had a motive for Regina’s death. | 我们一直没找到雷吉娜遇害的动机 |
[38:28] | Perhaps now we do. | 现在也许有了 |
[38:30] | Whoever killed her wanted her baby. | 杀她的人是想要她的孩子 |
[38:32] | So this wouldn’t just be a string of homicides. | 所以这不仅是一连串的杀人案 |
[38:34] | Could be a kidnapping, too. | 可能还是一起绑架案 |
[38:41] | Pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[38:45] | I don’t even know what to say to that. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[38:47] | You think she was lying to him? | 你觉得她是在骗他 |
[38:50] | My guess is, she was trying to get money out of him. | 我的猜想是 她想诈他的钱 |
[38:52] | The first time she called, she said she didn’t want anything. | 她第一次打电话时说了 什么也不想要 |
[38:55] | She’d already lined up a private adoption. | 她已经在一家收养机构排队了 |
[38:57] | In my experience, addicts make great con artists. | 根据我的经验 瘾君子能成为很棒的骗术大师 |
[39:02] | Maybe she was setting the table. | 也许她是在布局 |
[39:03] | The request for money was going to come later. | 稍后就会提出要钱 |
[39:06] | In your notes in the file that you gave to my partner, | 你给我搭档的资料里有笔记说 |
[39:08] | you said you last saw Regina in October. | 你最后一次见雷吉娜是在十月 |
[39:10] | Her second phone call to her ex-boyfriend, | 她第二次给她男友打电话 |
[39:13] | in which she told him she’d just given birth, | 说她刚生了孩子 |
[39:15] | came in November. | 是十一月的事 |
[39:16] | Exactly. You don’t think I would notice | 没错 你们觉得我不会注意到 |
[39:18] | that she was eight months pregnant? | 她已经怀孕八个月了吗 |
[39:22] | What? | 怎么了 |
[39:23] | Regina’s ex let us look at his phone records. | 雷吉娜的前任让我们看了他的通话记录 |
[39:26] | We were able to verify that she did give him a call | 我们能确认她在十一月中旬 |
[39:29] | in the middle of November. | 确实给他打过一个电话 |
[39:30] | When we looked for the corresponding call in her records, | 我们在她的通话记录里查找了相应电话 |
[39:33] | the cell tower data put her in the vicinity of a hospital. | 发射塔的数据定位到她在一家医院附近 |
[39:36] | We went there. They confirmed that | 我们去了 他们确认 |
[39:37] | Regina gave birth to a baby girl that night. | 雷吉娜那晚生下了一个女孩 |
[39:40] | They also gave us access | 他们还让我们 |
[39:41] | to their security camera footage. | 查看了他们的监控录像 |
[39:44] | This is a picture of you picking her | 这是你去医院 |
[39:46] | and her baby up at the hospital, | 接她和孩子的画面 |
[39:47] | after they were discharged. | 就在她们被准许出院后 |
[39:49] | You were acting as a go-between for her | 你在扮演她和收养机构之间的 |
[39:51] | and an adoption agency, just like you have | 中间人 你之前也这样帮过 |
[39:53] | for other pregnant addicts who came here for help. | 其他怀孕的吸毒人员 |
[39:56] | You’re smiling in that photograph. | 画面上的你在笑 |
[39:58] | I assume she hadn’t yet told you she was going to keep the baby. | 我想她当时还没告诉你她决定留下孩子 |
[40:00] | When she did, you obviously didn’t want to lose your cut | 当她告诉你后 你显然不想失去你的分成 |
[40:03] | of the fee the adoptive parents agreed to pay Regina and the agency. | 毕竟收养父母答应付给雷吉娜和收养机构钱 |
[40:07] | So, you killed her. | 所以你杀了她 |
[40:09] | Pumped her full of heroin, | 给她体内注满了海洛因 |
[40:10] | left her body somewhere you knew it would be found. | 把她的尸体留在你知道会被发现的地方 |
[40:15] | All three of you sound like you’re on drugs. | 你们三个听起来都像嗑药了 |
[40:18] | You should take one of our brochures. | 你们该拿一份我们的传单 |
[40:20] | Think about getting some help. | 考虑下寻求帮助 |
[40:21] | Oh, we’ve got some help. | 我们已经有人帮忙了 |
[40:23] | Our colleagues are searching your home as we speak. | 我们说话这会 我们的同事正在搜查你家 |
[40:26] | They’re looking for the stun gun you used on Regina, | 他们在找你用在雷吉娜和她妹妹 |
[40:29] | her sister and Baxter Lim. | 以及巴克斯特·利姆身上的电击枪 |
[40:32] | Judging by that look, I think they’re gonna find it. | 看你的表情 我觉得他们会找到的 |
[40:49] | Odin Reichenbach wants to see us. | 奥丁·赖兴巴赫想见我们 |
[40:56] | Well, I expected to hear from you. | 我正等着你联系呢 |
[40:58] | But not so soon. | 但没想到会这么快 |
[41:00] | Have you thought about the revisions we discussed? | 你考虑过我们商量过的修改方案了吗 |
[41:04] | Wesley Conrad– I’ve got an update. | 维斯利·康拉德 我有更新情况 |
[41:07] | Well, the screening of Iwan’s documentary | 伊万的纪录片的放映 |
[41:09] | went off without a hitch. | 顺利结束了 |
[41:10] | We confirmed this morning that he got home safely to London. | 我们今早确认他安全回到了伦敦的家中 |
[41:13] | He’s not in any danger from Conrad. | 康拉德对他没有危害 |
[41:15] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[41:16] | Wesley Conrad killed himself this afternoon. | 维斯利·康拉德今天下午自杀了 |
[41:19] | Right after he murdered both his parents. | 在他杀了他父母之后 |
[41:25] | 突发新闻 迪马斯公园发生杀人后自杀事件 | |
[41:26] | He used a butcher knife from their kitchen. | 他用了他们厨房里的一把切肉刀 |
[41:29] | Seems you should have taken that from the house as well. | 看来你应该把它也从那房子里带走的 |
[41:32] | I was wrong to assign him to you. | 我就不该把他指派给你们 |
[41:34] | I should have gone with my gut, | 我就该听从自己的直觉 |
[41:35] | done things the way I always do them. | 做我一直会做的事 |
[41:38] | And now, thanks to the three of us, | 现在 因为我们三个 |
[41:41] | two innocent people are dead. | 两个无辜的人死了 |
[41:43] | There was nothing in the data you gave us | 你给我们的数据里 |
[41:45] | that suggested a problem between him and his parents. | 没有线索表明他和自己的父母有矛盾 |
[41:48] | No, but it did say that he’s a killer and I was right about that. | 对 但里面确实说了他是杀手 我判断对了 |
[41:54] | You asked me if I’d been thinking about | 你问我是否考虑过 |
[41:55] | changing the way I do things. | 改变我做事的方式 |
[41:57] | I was. And I’ve decided… | 我考虑了 而我决定… |
[41:59] | I’m not changing a thing. | 我不会做出任何改变 |
[42:02] | Now… get out. | 现在 滚出去 |