时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | If you have a moment, we’d like to discuss | 如果你有时间 我们想谈谈 |
[00:03] | the matter of your niece, Mr. Reichenbach. | 你侄女的事 赖兴巴赫先生 |
[00:05] | Well, you can call me Odin, all my friends do. | 你可以叫我奥丁 我朋友都这么叫我 |
[00:06] | I haven’t decided if we’re going to be friends. | 我还没想好我们会不会成为朋友 |
[00:08] | You sent us on a wild goose chase, we’d like to know why. | 你让我们白费力气 我们想知道为什么 |
[00:10] | It was a test. | 这是个测试 |
[00:12] | You passed. | 你们通过了 |
[00:13] | Testing our skills is completely unnecessary. | 测试我们的技能是完全没有必要的 |
[00:15] | It wasn’t your skills I was testing. | 我测试的不是你们的技能 |
[00:17] | It was the two of you. | 而是你们两个人 |
[00:18] | Our friend was shot and almost killed | 我们的朋友被枪击 还差点送了命 |
[00:20] | and you just admitted you were behind it. | 而你刚承认了你是幕后主使 |
[00:22] | All I did was tell Patrick | 我所做的只是把 |
[00:24] | what I’d learned about Tim Bledsoe. | 蒂姆·布莱索的事告诉了帕特里克 |
[00:26] | We speak with murderers on a regular basis, | 我们经常跟杀人犯对话 |
[00:28] | Mr. Reichenbach, do you imagine any of them | 赖兴巴赫先生 你能想象他们有任何人 |
[00:30] | convinced us of their righteousness? | 曾用他们的正义成功说服我们吗 |
[00:32] | Perhaps you should consider the possibility that I am not | 也许你们该考虑下 可能我并不是 |
[00:35] | the kind of man you deal with on a regular basis. | 你们经常对付的那种人 |
[00:41] | You remember Wade Allen Haines? | 你还记得韦德·艾伦·海恩斯吗 |
[00:44] | School shooter in Iowa. | 艾奥瓦州校园枪击案的枪手 |
[00:46] | All over the news three years ago. | 三年前新闻上全是他 |
[00:47] | You never should have known his name. | 你们本不该知道他的名字 |
[00:49] | No one should know. | 谁都不该知道 |
[00:51] | He killed 17 of his classmates. | 他杀了17个同学 |
[00:54] | Now, afterwards, it came out | 之后 发现原来 |
[00:55] | that he’d been hinting about it for weeks. | 他的预谋其实好几周都有迹可循 |
[00:57] | On videos posted on my platform. | 就在我的平台发布的视频里 |
[01:01] | You feel guilty because your company didn’t stop the attack? | 你心怀愧疚 因为你的公司没能阻止凶手 |
[01:04] | No, I-I feel guilty | 不 我心怀愧疚 |
[01:05] | because I had no idea it was gonna happen. | 是因为我完全不知道会发生这种事 |
[01:08] | I watch the news every day, soaking it in | 我每天都看新闻 沉浸其中 |
[01:10] | and then finally I broke our Terms of Service. | 最终我违反了我们自己的服务条款 |
[01:14] | I dug into the boy’s OdkerMail, | 我翻看了那孩子的奥德克信箱 |
[01:16] | his cloud files. | 他的云文件 |
[01:17] | All the signs had been there. | 一切迹象都在里面 |
[01:19] | On my servers. | 就在我的服务器里 |
[01:21] | I decided then and there | 我当时就决定 |
[01:23] | this is never gonna happen again. | 这类事情绝不会再发生 |
[01:25] | And I started looking for the next shooter… | 于是我开始寻找下一个枪手 |
[01:27] | The same day. | 就从那一天开始 |
[01:29] | And your search engines, your e-mail servers, | 然后你的搜索引擎 你的邮箱服务器 |
[01:32] | social media platforms, they all gather information | 社交媒体平台 它们都在从你的用户那里 |
[01:35] | from your users to sell to advertisers. | 收集信息卖给广告商 |
[01:36] | Tweaking our code to identify people planning a crime… | 稍改下我们的代码 用以鉴定密谋犯罪的人 |
[01:41] | wasn’t hard at all. | 这件事并不难 |
[01:43] | The next question became: | 那么下一个问题就是 |
[01:46] | what do you do with that information? | 要怎么处理这些情报 |
[01:47] | Tim Bledsoe and the ferry; | 蒂姆·布莱索和那个渡轮 |
[01:48] | that wasn’t the first time you acted? | 那不是你第一次行动了 |
[01:50] | There are three girls living in Tempe | 有三个住在坦佩的女孩 |
[01:53] | who would have been drowned by their father. | 差点被她们的父亲淹死 |
[01:54] | 50 Kentucky schoolchildren | 50个肯塔基州的学生 |
[01:56] | who would have gone off a bridge | 差点被他们计划自杀的公交司机 |
[01:57] | with their suicidal bus driver. | 带着从桥上冲下去 |
[02:00] | An Ohio church bake sale spared | 俄亥俄州一家教堂的烘培售卖 |
[02:02] | from a drive-by shooting. | 躲过了一场驾车式枪击 |
[02:04] | I have saved hundreds of lives. | 我救了上百条性命 |
[02:07] | But you’ve turned people like Patrick Meers into murderers. | 但你也让帕特里克·米尔斯那样的人成了杀人犯 |
[02:10] | You nudge them to take out potential killers. | 你怂恿他们除掉潜在杀手 |
[02:13] | Why not just tell the authorities? | 为什么不告诉政府 |
[02:14] | Oh, he can’t do that. | 他不能说 |
[02:16] | Could never reveal that he violated his users’ privacy. | 绝不能暴露他在侵害他用户的隐私 |
[02:18] | No, ’cause he’d lose his business, his fortune. | 否则他会失去他的生意 财产 |
[02:22] | Possibly his freedom. | 甚至是他的自由 |
[02:24] | What on earth makes you think that we would ever consider | 你到底为什么会认为 |
[02:28] | joining your stable of executioners? | 我们会想加入你那群刽子手们 |
[02:30] | Well, that’s… That’s not what I’m proposing. | 我不是想让你们那样 |
[02:34] | Meers was a hammer. | 米尔斯如同锤子 |
[02:36] | What I need now is a scalpel. | 而我现在需要的是手术刀 |
[02:37] | You two understand the criminal mind. | 你们两位理解罪犯在想什么 |
[02:40] | I need you to help me refine my system. | 我需要你们帮我改进我的系统 |
[02:42] | Together, we could avert so many tragedies. | 我们一起能避免无数的悲剧 |
[02:46] | I don’t expect an answer right now, | 我没指望现在就得到你们的答复 |
[02:48] | but sleep on it. | 但好好想想 |
[02:50] | Maybe you’ll wake up thinking, | 或许你们早晨醒来时会想 |
[02:51] | “Might be nice to help prevent some murders for a change.” | 帮忙预防一些凶杀案或许是件好事 |
[02:57] | Thanks for coming so fast. | 感谢你这么就来了 |
[02:59] | Of course. Anything change while I was on my way over? | 应该的 我来的路上有什么变化吗 |
[03:02] | Did Davis call, tell you where he is? | 戴维斯有打电话来告诉你他在哪吗 |
[03:03] | I am telling you, Marcus, something is wrong. | 我说真的 马库斯 哪里不对劲 |
[03:07] | NYPD looks out for its own; we’re gonna find him. | 纽约警察会照顾自己人 我们会找到他的 |
[03:09] | Medical retirees included. | 包括医疗退休人员 |
[03:12] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见他是什么时候 |
[03:13] | Last night. | 昨天晚上 |
[03:15] | I was going to bed, Davis stayed up late | 我去睡觉了 戴维斯熬夜 |
[03:17] | in the garage working on one of his projects. | 为他的一个项目在车库工作 |
[03:20] | When I woke up, he was gone. | 等我醒来 他就不见了 |
[03:22] | Did you call his work? | 你给他上班的地方打电话了吗 |
[03:23] | They said they haven’t seen him. | 他们说没见到他 |
[03:24] | When I tried his cell, | 我也打过他的手机 |
[03:25] | I heard a buzzing in his gym bag. | 我听到他的健身包里有震动声 |
[03:27] | It was his phone. | 就是他的手机 |
[03:28] | He left it behind. | 他没带手机 |
[03:30] | Last time I talked to him, | 我上次跟他聊的时候 |
[03:31] | he seemed good. | 他似乎还挺好的 |
[03:33] | Has he had any setbacks? | 他有遇到什么挫折吗 |
[03:34] | No. | 没有 |
[03:36] | But you know how it is with PTSD. | 但你也了解创伤后应激障碍 |
[03:38] | Some good days, some bad. | 时好时坏 |
[03:40] | The last couple weeks, uh, I don’t know. | 最近几周 我说不好 |
[03:43] | I guess they were harder. | 我觉得症状加重了 |
[03:45] | Work had him stressed, | 他工作压力很大 |
[03:46] | he was having trouble sleeping… | 他一直睡不着觉 |
[03:50] | Marcus, what if he decided he couldn’t take it anymore? | 马库斯 如果他觉得无法承受了呢 |
[03:54] | Are any of his guns missing? | 他的枪丢了吗 |
[03:56] | He doesn’t have any, not anymore. | 他没有枪 现在没有了 |
[03:58] | He sold them all when he got his medical discharge. | 他因病退伍的时候把枪全卖了 |
[04:02] | You said he was working in the garage last night. | 你说他昨晚在车库干活 |
[04:05] | Would you show me? | 能带我去看看吗 |
[04:08] | He sells this stuff, right? | 他做这种东西拿来卖 对吧 |
[04:10] | His new job doesn’t pay much. | 他的新工作工资不高 |
[04:11] | And he still has to see so many doctors | 而且他因为受了伤 |
[04:13] | because of his injury. | 还要看很多医生 |
[04:15] | Some are in-network, but a lot of ’em aren’t. | 有些是网上的医生 但很多不是 |
[04:17] | The bills have really piled up. | 花销真的很大 |
[04:21] | You said Davis sold all his guns? | 你说戴维斯把枪都卖了 |
[04:24] | After he got shot, he couldn’t stand the sight of ’em. | 在他中枪后 他就没法直视它们 |
[04:26] | Hasn’t touched one since. | 从那之后就没摸过枪了 |
[04:29] | I don’t know about that, Carla. | 我不知道 卡拉 |
[04:32] | These are parts to a bolt-action rifle. | 这些是杆栓式步枪的零件 |
[04:35] | Looks like Davis changed the stock, | 看起来戴维斯换掉了把手 |
[04:37] | mounted a scope. | 装上了目镜 |
[04:38] | He was turning it into a sniper rifle. | 他要把它变成狙击步枪 |
[04:41] | I don’t see it here. | 而我在这里并没看到 |
[04:43] | Thing is, a sniper rifle isn’t the kind of weapon | 问题是 狙击步枪不是那种 |
[04:45] | you use to commit suicide. | 用来自杀的武器 |
[04:47] | It’s the kind of thing you use to kill someone else. | 而是用来杀人的武器 |
[04:58] | All right. | 好了 |
[05:00] | So, we’ve got new phones. | 我们有了新手机 |
[05:02] | How’s it going in here? | 你这边情况如何 |
[05:03] | Uh, I’m done. | 我弄完了 |
[05:04] | If Odin Reichenbach’s methods weren’t so extreme, | 如果奥丁·赖兴巴赫的方法不那么极端 |
[05:07] | I wouldn’t have had to destroy | 我就不用毁掉所有 |
[05:07] | all of our electronics which run Odker software. | 运行过奥德克软件的电子设备了 |
[05:10] | And the captain would not have almost died | 警监也不用差点死于 |
[05:12] | from multiple gunshot wounds. Just so we’re clear, | 多处枪伤了 先说清楚 |
[05:14] | we are not working with this guy, right? | 我们不是在跟这家伙合作 对吧 |
[05:16] | No. | 不是 |
[05:18] | He may not kill for money, but he’s still a killer. | 他也许不是为钱杀人 但他依然是凶手 |
[05:21] | Good, I thought maybe you were buying into | 很好 我以为你也许被他的推销腔 |
[05:22] | his little sales pitch. | 给收买了 |
[05:24] | Ah, course not. | 当然没有 |
[05:26] | I mean, in theory, it’s ridiculous | 理论上说 这太荒唐了 |
[05:28] | and in practice, I myself would be dead. | 而从实际上说 我自己本可能会死 |
[05:30] | I’ve seriously considered murder on at least two occasions. | 我至少有两次认真考虑过要杀人 |
[05:34] | So, by Odin’s standards, | 所以根据奥丁的标准 |
[05:35] | I should have been executed just in case. | 我本该被处决了 以防万一 |
[05:37] | I can’t believe he thinks the best way to prevent crime | 真不敢相信他认为预防犯罪的最好方法 |
[05:39] | is to monitor what people say and look at on the Internet. | 就是监控人们在网上说什么看什么 |
[05:42] | I mean, no one’s on their best behavior online. | 没人会在网上表现出最好的一面 |
[05:44] | I mean, my mother has threatened people | 我妈还在餐厅点评网站上 |
[05:46] | on restaurant review sites. | 威胁过别人呢 |
[05:48] | So we’re agreed he must be stopped | 所以我们同意 必须阻止他 |
[05:49] | lest his next victim be your mother? | 以防你母亲是下一个受害者 |
[05:52] | But how do you stop a man | 但你要怎么阻止一个 |
[05:54] | who has enmeshed himself in the World Wide Web | 像漏斗蜘蛛一样潜伏于互联网上的 |
[05:55] | like a funnel spider? | 家伙呢 |
[05:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:58] | I think this is too big for the NYPD. | 我觉得这案子对纽约警局来说太大了 |
[06:00] | I agree, they lack the resources | 我同意 他们缺少资源 |
[06:02] | and the jurisdiction to take on | 和司法管辖权来调查 |
[06:03] | a global corporation like Odker. | 奥德克这样的跨国公司 |
[06:05] | Which is another reason we mustn’t tell | 这就是我们不能告诉马库斯和警监的 |
[06:07] | Marcus or the Captain; they can’t know. | 另一个原因 他们不能知道这些 |
[06:09] | Not yet. | 现在还不能 |
[06:10] | If word gets out, Reichenbach will know within hours. | 如果走漏了风声 赖兴巴赫很快就会知道 |
[06:13] | I don’t want him on the defensive; he could lash out, | 我不想让他站上辩护席 他会发动攻势 |
[06:15] | hurt someone else. | 伤害别人 |
[06:16] | Or destroy all trace of his operation. | 或者毁掉所有行动痕迹 |
[06:19] | So who do we take this to? | 那我们该去找谁 |
[06:20] | I mean, the FBI are not exactly our friends right now. | 联调局现在不是我们的朋友 |
[06:23] | The NSA is the only agency with the technical wherewithal | 国安局是唯一一个有技术手段 |
[06:26] | to untangle this knot. | 解决这个问题的机构 |
[06:28] | Agent McNally. | 麦克纳利探员 |
[06:29] | I’m going to go and see him… alone. | 我要去见他 自己去 |
[06:32] | You should help Marcus. | 你应该去帮马库斯 |
[06:33] | So he doesn’t suspect anything’s wrong. | 这样他就不会起疑心 |
[06:35] | He needs help? Since when? | 他需要帮助吗 什么时候的事 |
[06:37] | Uh, since before I did this. | 在我做这件事之前 |
[06:39] | He texted. | 他发短信来 |
[06:41] | He needs help with his own future crime. | 他需要有人帮忙解决即将发生的犯罪 |
[06:43] | A former ESU sniper is at large with a rifle. | 一位退役狙击手正带着步枪逍遥法外 |
[06:48] | I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[06:49] | I don’t know what Davis would be up to with that rifle, | 我不知道戴维斯会用那把步枪做什么 |
[06:52] | but the guy I know is not a killer. | 但我认识的那个人不是杀手 |
[06:54] | So far, everyone here has said the same thing. | 目前所有人都是这么说的 |
[06:56] | Davis didn’t have a beef with anyone. | 戴维斯跟任何人都没有冲突 |
[06:57] | Definitely not anyone here. | 至少是这里的任何人 |
[06:59] | The way you said “here,” | 你说了”这里” |
[07:01] | did he have an issue with someone someplace else? | 他在别的地方跟人有冲突吗 |
[07:04] | It’s probably nothing, | 也许不是什么大事 |
[07:05] | but I heard him on the phone with someone last week. | 但我上周听到他跟人打电话 |
[07:07] | He was pissed. | 他很生气 |
[07:08] | Said stuff like, “I cut that footage, | 说什么”我把录像剪掉了 |
[07:10] | I want my money, you don’t want to mess with me.” | 把我的钱给我 别惹我” |
[07:13] | I’m confused. | 我不明白 |
[07:13] | Davis is a video technician; he doesn’t cut footage, | 戴维斯是视频技术员 他不剪录像 |
[07:17] | he just keeps your gear running, right? | 他只是维护设备运行 对吗 |
[07:18] | Right. He isn’t an editor, | 对 他不是编辑 |
[07:20] | but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t used our editing bays. | 但那不意味着他不会剪辑视频 |
[07:22] | We mostly do commercials here, | 我们通常在这里做广告 |
[07:24] | but we all have our little passion projects. | 但我们也有很多小创意项目 |
[07:26] | Documentaries, movie shorts, stuff like that. | 纪录片 微电影之类的 |
[07:28] | I know Davis put in a lot of time over the last few months. | 我知道戴维斯前几个月投入了很多时间 |
[07:32] | Do you know what he was working on? | 你知道他在做什么吗 |
[07:34] | Whenever I asked him about it, he got all squirrely. | 我每次问他的时候 他都闪烁其词 |
[07:36] | I didn’t push it. | 我没有逼问他 |
[07:37] | If he was editing something here, | 如果他在这里剪辑视频 |
[07:39] | would he keep the files on his work computer? | 他会把文件存在他的工作电脑上吗 |
[07:41] | Probably. | 有可能 |
[07:42] | Video files are huge, | 视频文件很大 |
[07:43] | and I never saw him lugging around a portable hard drive. | 我从来没见过他带着移动硬盘 |
[07:46] | So… | 所以 |
[07:48] | Only thing… | 唯一的问题是 |
[07:49] | our computers are password-protected. | 我们的电脑有密码保护 |
[07:52] | My boss can bypass it, but he’s on a plane right now. | 我老板可以绕过它 但他现在在飞机上 |
[07:54] | I won’t be able to reach him until noon. | 我要到中午才能联系到他 |
[07:57] | By any chance, did he make everyone | 他有没有让所有人 |
[07:58] | change their passwords at set intervals? | 按设定的时间间隔更改密码 |
[08:00] | Yeah, every 30 days; it’s a pain, why? | 有 每30天一次 很麻烦 怎么了 |
[08:04] | Changing passwords too often | 经常更改密码 |
[08:05] | can actually compromise security. | 实际上反而会危及安全 |
[08:07] | People can’t remember them, so… | 人们不记得密码 所以 |
[08:10] | they write them down. | 他们会把它们写下来 |
[08:13] | You know what, you said these files would be huge, right? | 你说这些文件会很大 对吧 |
[08:16] | So… | 所以 |
[08:17] | If we reorder Davis’s files | 如果我们把戴维斯的文件 |
[08:19] | according to size… | 按照文件大小重新排序 |
[08:22] | “Old receipts.” | 旧收据 |
[08:23] | Three terabytes? | 3TB这么大吗 |
[08:25] | That’s a little big for paperwork. | 这对书面文件来说有点太大了吧 |
[08:27] | Yeah, let’s take a look. | 是的 我们来看看 |
[08:31] | Okay, so now I understand why he wanted to keep this a secret. | 现在我明白他为什么想保密了 |
[08:35] | Like that? | 像那样 |
[08:35] | Oh, yeah, oh. | 对 爽 |
[08:39] | Right, that’s everything I have on Odin Reichenbach | 好吧 这就是所有我对奥丁·赖兴巴赫 |
[08:42] | – and his extrajudicial killings. – In longhand? | -以及他的法外谋杀的了解 -手写的 |
[08:46] | Well, I thought about typing it out and e-mailing it, | 我想把它打出来然后用电子邮件发送 |
[08:47] | but given the circumstances… Yeah. | 但鉴于当时的情况 是的 |
[08:49] | It’s fine, I get it. | 没事 我懂 |
[08:51] | Nice penmanship. | 书法不错 |
[08:52] | He showed every indication of expanding his program, | 他表示得很清楚 他想将项目扩大 |
[08:55] | so he needs to be stopped. | 所以得阻止他 |
[08:57] | Given his area of operations | 考虑到他的业务范围 |
[08:59] | is essentially the entire Internet, | 基本上涵盖了整个互联网 |
[09:01] | I thought the NSA would be best equipped to put an end to it. | 我认为国安局最能胜任终结此事 |
[09:04] | Then again, given the state of this office, | 但是 考虑到这间办公室的状况 |
[09:06] | perhaps the Agency’s fallen on hard times. | 也许中情局正处于艰难时期 |
[09:08] | It’s just OPSEC. | 只是出于行动安全考虑 |
[09:09] | We’re changing cover offices in a few days. | 我们每隔几天就要换伪装办公室 |
[09:11] | You know what bugs me about all this? | 你知道这一切让我恼火的是什么吗 |
[09:13] | I mean, he just came out and said it. | 他就那么说出来了 |
[09:15] | I mean, he’s got to be pretty damn sure | 他一定非常确定 |
[09:16] | you can’t do anything about this. | 你对此无能为力 |
[09:17] | I don’t think his confidence is entirely misplaced. | 我不觉得他是盲目自信 |
[09:20] | It’s unlikely the NYPD could touch him. | 纽约警局几乎不可能动他 |
[09:23] | I thought about giving this all to a reporter, | 我想过把这一切交给一个记者 |
[09:26] | but given the fealty the press has shown | 但考虑到媒体对他们的 |
[09:27] | their new media conquerors, | 新媒体征服者展现出的忠诚 |
[09:28] | I worried that any report | 我担心任何报道 |
[09:30] | would be summarily crushed | 都会很快被辟谣 |
[09:31] | or spun or just dismissed as fake news. | 或屏蔽或者以捏造假新闻的形式被驳回 |
[09:35] | So you darkened my door. | 所以你就来让我背黑锅了 |
[09:36] | The man is using the Internet | 这个人用网络 |
[09:37] | to select American citizens for execution. | 选择美国公民来处决 |
[09:41] | If you can find evidence of that, | 如果你能找到证据 |
[09:42] | perhaps you’ll see fit to bring in the FBI. | 也许你会觉得有必要联络联调局 |
[09:46] | All right, I’ll run it up the flagpole, | 好吧 我把它放在公告上 |
[09:47] | see if the bosses salute. | 看看大佬们是否回应 |
[09:51] | Oh, and, Holmes… | 还有 福尔摩斯… |
[09:54] | if we do run with this… | 如果我们真这样做了… |
[09:56] | you’re gonna owe us. | 算你欠我们的 |
[10:01] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[10:02] | You think Davis Whitmark wants to kill me? | 你认为戴维斯·威马克想杀了我 |
[10:04] | We know he was angry with you | 我们知道他很生你的气 |
[10:06] | and we know why. | 我们也知道原因 |
[10:07] | We searched his computer and found | 我们搜索了他的电脑 |
[10:09] | a bunch of hard-core bondage videos he worked on. | 发现了他制作的一系列重口味捆绑视频 |
[10:12] | The credits at the end said that he produced them | 最后的字幕说那是 |
[10:13] | for your online porn company. | 他为你的在线色情公司制作的 |
[10:16] | We also found a balance sheet… | 我们还发现了一份资产负债表… |
[10:19] | that said that you stiffed him on his last batch of videos. | 上面说你没付他最后一批视频的钱 |
[10:22] | You owe him 50 grand. | 你欠他5万 |
[10:24] | Bad news for Davis was | 对戴维斯来说 坏消息是 |
[10:25] | he couldn’t exactly take you to court, | 他不能把你告到法庭上 |
[10:28] | because then these would come out. | 因为这样这些就会公诸于世 |
[10:32] | So, that is a scar from an old bullet wound, | 那是个旧子弹留下的疤痕 |
[10:34] | from when he was an ESU cop. | 是他当紧急勤务警察时留下的 |
[10:37] | So he wasn’t just producing the videos, | 所以他不仅仅是制作视频 |
[10:38] | he was also the leading man. | 他也是里面的主角 |
[10:43] | I did owe Davis 50 grand. | 我的确欠过戴维斯5万 |
[10:46] | Emphasis on “did.” | 强调一下”欠过” |
[10:47] | I’m producing a new kink site, | 我正在制作一个新的网站 |
[10:49] | and I needed the money to secure my servers. | 我需要钱来保护我的服务器 |
[10:51] | So I kept delaying his payments. | 所以我一直拖延他的付款 |
[10:53] | Eventually he got sick of it. | 最后他厌倦了 |
[10:54] | He threatened you? | 他威胁你 |
[10:55] | Yeah, but not with a bullet. | 是的 但不是用子弹 |
[10:58] | He said if I didn’t pay up, | 他说如果我不付钱 |
[11:00] | he’d put the word out to my other content providers, | 他会告诉我的其他内容提供商 |
[11:02] | tell them I couldn’t be trusted. | 说我不可信 |
[11:04] | So I cut a deal with him. | 所以我和他达成了协议 |
[11:06] | What kind of deal? | 什么交易 |
[11:08] | I offered him a share in my new site. | 我向他提供了我新网站的股份 |
[11:10] | He took it. | 他接受了 |
[11:11] | He knew that, once we were up and running, | 他知道一旦我们开始运营 |
[11:13] | he’d get annual payouts that’ll be worth | 他每年的收益 |
[11:14] | two, three times what I owed him. | 将是我欠他的两三倍 |
[11:17] | And he was satisfied with that? | 他对此很满意吗 |
[11:18] | He couldn’t sign the papers fast enough. | 他迫不及待地签了合约 |
[11:21] | He even left me a voice mail the other day | 前几天他甚至给我留了一通留言 |
[11:23] | thanking me. | 感谢我 |
[11:26] | Juliana, hey, it’s me. | 朱丽安娜 是我 |
[11:28] | I got all the paperwork in the mail, | 我收到了你寄来的所有文件 |
[11:30] | and-and I just wanted to let you know | 只想跟你说 |
[11:31] | how grateful I am for making me a part of this. | 我很感激你能让我参与这项目 |
[11:34] | We’ll talk soon. | 我们回头再聊 |
[11:37] | Davis is smart. | 戴维斯是聪明人 |
[11:39] | He knows he won’t get a cent if I’m not alive to launch. | 他明白如果没有我来启动项目 他一分钱也拿不到 |
[11:43] | So, whoever it is he’s looking to kill, | 所以不管他要杀的人是谁 |
[11:45] | I guarantee you it isn’t me. | 我向你们保证不是我 |
[12:07] | Anyone home? | 有人在家吗 |
[12:12] | Tell me you didn’t wear that to your meeting with Agent McNally. | 告诉我你没戴着这玩意去见麦克纳利探员 |
[12:16] | I didn’t, but that would have been good. | 当然没有 不过也许戴上是个好主意 |
[12:20] | You gonna tell me how it went? | 要告诉我进展如何吗 |
[12:22] | As well as can be expected. | 和预期的一样好 |
[12:24] | Which means he’ll get back to us. | 也就是说他会再联系我们 |
[12:25] | In the meantime, I’ve turned my attention | 与此同时 我看了看 |
[12:27] | to Marcus’s missing friend. | 马库斯失踪朋友的案子 |
[12:28] | Oh, you got the files I sent you. | 你看到我发给你的文件了 |
[12:30] | The collected cinematic works of Davis Whitmark, | 戴维斯·威马克的影片合集 |
[12:33] | and the voice mail he left his would-be partner in porn. | 和他给他将来色情片合作伙伴的语音留言 |
[12:36] | And? | 然后呢 |
[12:37] | I saw no indication in any of the films that I’ve watched | 我在影片中没发现有任何迹象表明 |
[12:39] | that he was at odds with a fellow performer, | 他和表演同伴有矛盾 |
[12:41] | despite the many thrashings. | 尽管其中有很多鞭打的动作 |
[12:44] | Of much more interest to me was the voice mail. | 更让我感兴趣的是语音留言 |
[12:46] | I think it may contain a clue as to Mr. Whitmark’s | 我觉得其中可能包含了关于威马克先生 |
[12:49] | current whereabouts. | 现在位置的线索 |
[12:56] | Are those pigeons? | 那是鸽子吗 |
[12:57] | A densely packed mass of roosting pigeons, | 准确来说 是一大群 |
[13:00] | to be exact. | 栖息的鸽子 |
[13:01] | When I noticed them in the background, | 我在背景里注意到它们后 |
[13:02] | I transferred the recording to tape | 就把录音转到了磁带上 |
[13:04] | so I could isolate and amplify what I was hearing. | 以便我将听到的声音分离及放大 |
[13:07] | Judging by the amount of wind I had to filter, | 从不得不过滤掉的风声来判断 |
[13:09] | I believe that the pigeons were in a rooftop coop, | 我相信那些鸽子在一个屋顶的笼子里 |
[13:12] | and Mr. Whitmark was only a few feet away | 而威马克先生打那通电话时 |
[13:14] | when he placed the call. | 离笼子只有数米远 |
[13:15] | So you think he was on the rooftop scouting for a sniper nest. | 所以你认为他当时正在屋顶勘查狙击的地点 |
[13:20] | According to the cell phone data that Marcus procured, | 根据马库斯获取的手机信号 |
[13:22] | the call was made near a cell phone tower in the East Village. | 那通电话是东村的一座信号塔附近打出来的 |
[13:25] | Happily, there is only one rooftop coop in that entire area. | 好消息是 在那片区域只有一个屋顶鸽子笼 |
[13:31] | For the record, I’ve advised Mr. Whitmark not to talk. | 以便记录 我已经建议威马克先生不作回应 |
[13:34] | Unfortunately, he doesn’t seem inclined to listen. | 但遗憾的是 他不愿听取我的建议 |
[13:37] | How much does Carla know? | 卡拉知道多少 |
[13:39] | She knows what happened today. | 她知道今天发生的事情 |
[13:41] | We found you with a sniper rifle. | 我们找到你时你持有狙击枪 |
[13:43] | You hadn’t hurt anyone, surrendered peacefully. | 你没有伤害任何人 配合地投降了 |
[13:46] | Everything else, you can tell her yourself. | 其它的事 你可以自己告诉她 |
[13:49] | Those-those videos I made, those movies, | 我参与的那些视频 那些影片 |
[13:53] | they were just for the money. | 只是为了赚钱 |
[13:55] | A guy at the place I work, | 我公司的一个同事 |
[13:56] | he’s been editing for Juliana for years. | 他帮朱丽安娜做剪辑好些年了 |
[13:58] | And when he told me what she paid for content, I just… | 当他告诉我她为内容付的报酬时 我就… |
[14:03] | I love my wife. | 我很爱我妻子 |
[14:05] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[14:07] | I want to help, | 我想帮你 |
[14:08] | but first we got to talk about today. | 但我们得先谈谈今天的事 |
[14:11] | What were you doing up on that roof? | 你在那屋顶上做什么 |
[14:15] | I got a call about a week back. | 一周前我接到一通电话 |
[14:18] | Number blocked, voice disguised. | 无法追踪的号码 声音也被处理过 |
[14:20] | Whoever it was, they’d seen my videos, | 不管是谁 那人看过我的视频 |
[14:22] | they knew it was me under the mask. | 也知道面具背后的人是我 |
[14:25] | They said that if I didn’t follow orders, | 他们说如果我不听从指示 |
[14:26] | Carla would find out everything. | 卡拉就会知道一切 |
[14:28] | I thought they were gonna ask for money. | 我原以为他们只是想要钱 |
[14:31] | Instead, | 可是 |
[14:32] | they gave me the name of a hotel. | 他们却给了我一间酒店的名字 |
[14:34] | The Warford. | 沃福德酒店 |
[14:35] | And a room number, 706. | 以及一个房间号 706 |
[14:37] | The Warford is across the street | 我们找到你的地方 |
[14:39] | from where we found you. | 街对面就是沃福德酒店 |
[14:40] | The person who called, | 打电话给你的人 |
[14:41] | they wanted you to kill someone who was staying there? | 他们要你枪杀一名酒店的客人吗 |
[14:43] | No, see, that’s the crazy part. | 不 这才是疯狂的部分 |
[14:45] | They just wanted me to shoot out the windows, | 他们只想要我打破房间窗户 |
[14:47] | scare whoever was in 706. | 吓一下住在706房间的人 |
[14:50] | – Look, I know how that sounds. – Do you? | -我知道这听起来像什么 -是吗 |
[14:52] | It sounds like a guy who doesn’t want to cop | 听上去像是我不愿承认 |
[14:54] | to planning to kill someone, but I’m telling you, | 预谋杀人 但是我得告诉你 |
[14:57] | if that’s what they wanted, I would’ve come to you. | 如果他们是想杀人 我肯定就来找你们了 |
[15:03] | Yes, hello? Hello. | 喂 你好 |
[15:04] | I’ve got a question about one of your guests. | 我想问问你们一位客人的情况 |
[15:06] | I know I haven’t been myself lately, | 我知道我最近有点反常 |
[15:10] | but come on, I’m no killer. | 但是拜托 我不是凶手 |
[15:17] | Who were you supposed to scare? | 你要吓的人是谁 |
[15:20] | They didn’t say. | 他们没说 |
[15:22] | They just said they wanted me up on that roof. | 只告诉我要待在那个屋顶上 |
[15:25] | They said there’d be a disposable phone waiting for me, | 他们会准备一个一次性手机放在那 |
[15:27] | and they’d call me when it was time to shoot. | 到该开枪时他们会打给我 |
[15:30] | I was still waiting for their signal when you showed. | 你们出现时我还在等候他们的指示呢 |
[15:35] | Do you have a minute? | 能出来一下吗 |
[15:39] | So, Sherlock called the hotel. | 夏洛克打给了酒店 |
[15:41] | The room Davis was supposed to shoot at | 戴维斯的目标房间 |
[15:43] | was rented by a private security firm: A.S. Safeguard. | 是由一家名叫AS保障的私人安保公司租下的 |
[15:46] | He’s on with them now. | 公司负责人就在电话上 |
[15:48] | Uh, Mr. Smith, could you just say that again, please? | 史密斯先生 能请你再说一遍吗 |
[15:52] | I said that my team reserved that room last week. | 我说我的团队上周租下了那间房 |
[15:56] | We were situating a client | 我们安排了一位 |
[15:57] | who recently had an attempt made on his life. | 最近受到生命威胁的客户住在那 |
[15:59] | And your men, they would keep the blinds drawn | 你的手下们通常会拉下窗帘 |
[16:01] | and keep the client away from the windows? | 让客户远离窗户 对吧 |
[16:03] | They’re ex-military. That’s S.O.P. | 他们都是退役军人 这是标准的操作流程 |
[16:05] | If the window were to be shattered by, um, | 如果有个狙击手的步枪射出了一颗子弹 |
[16:07] | a bullet from a sniper’s rifle, | 将这间房的窗户打碎 |
[16:09] | perhaps that would flush them out? | 他们应该会蜂拥而出吧 |
[16:11] | Is that what was going on today across the street? | 你说的是今天街对面发生的事吧 |
[16:14] | The police find a sniper? | 警方找到狙击手了吗 |
[16:15] | Your men noticed? | 你的人注意到了 |
[16:16] | They didn’t like it. | 他们感觉到了危险 |
[16:18] | They called to say | 他们打来说 |
[16:18] | that they’re moving the client to a safe house in the Bronx. | 要把客户转移到布朗克斯的一个安全屋去 |
[16:21] | So they left. | 所以他们离开了 |
[16:22] | I need you to call them right away. | 你现在马上给他们打电话 |
[16:41] | Yeah, these are my guys. Gabe and Josh. | 对 他们是我的人 加布和乔什 |
[16:44] | And the third victim is your client? | 第三名受害者是你的客户吗 |
[16:50] | Yeah, that’s Baron Wright. | 是的 拜伦·赖特 |
[16:51] | He’s a middleweight boxer. | 他是个中量级拳击手 |
[16:53] | Was. | 生前是 |
[16:54] | We know. He was in the news a few months ago. | 我们知道 他几个月前上了新闻 |
[16:57] | There were rumors he was using steroids. | 有传言说他在服用类固醇 |
[16:59] | The state commissioner was looking into him. | 州主任在调查他 |
[17:00] | Some of the guys he beat in the ring weren’t too happy | 有些被他在拳击场上击败的人 |
[17:02] | to hear that he might have been cheating. | 听到他可能在赛事中作弊可不太高兴 |
[17:04] | They made threats in the media. | 他们在媒体上发表了一些威胁言论 |
[17:05] | Is that why he hired you? | 这就是他雇你们的原因吗 |
[17:07] | Sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[17:09] | A couple weeks ago, Baron came home | 几周前 拜伦回到家 |
[17:10] | to find a guy in a ski mask in his house. | 发现家中闯入了一个戴着滑雪面罩的人 |
[17:13] | He was messing with these, | 他在翻找 |
[17:14] | these pills that Baron was taking, | 拜伦服用的药物 |
[17:15] | trying to swap new ones in for old. | 试图掉包他的药 |
[17:18] | Soon as he saw Baron, he-he dropped all the pills | 他看到拜伦后 立即扔掉了所有药 |
[17:20] | and ducked out a window. | 从窗户逃走了 |
[17:22] | The guy was trying to poison Baron? | 他是想给拜伦下毒吗 |
[17:24] | Yeah. The thing is that the Yonkers Police Department– | 但问题是杨克斯警局 |
[17:26] | they tested the pills, there was nothing toxic. | 化验了药的成分 没有发现有毒物质 |
[17:28] | It was just a sedative. | 只是镇静剂而已 |
[17:30] | All it would have done was put Baron to sleep. | 最多只能使拜伦入睡 |
[17:33] | So, are these the pills the intruder was trying to replace? | 所以 这些就是闯入者想掉包的药吗 |
[17:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:37] | Yeah, he had to take one of those twice a day. | 他每天服两次 每次一颗 |
[17:39] | Do you know what for? | 你知道这是什么药吗 |
[17:40] | Something to do with his pancreas. | 好像是治疗胰腺的 |
[17:41] | He was ill? | 他生病了 |
[17:42] | He didn’t look it, but, I mean, who knows? | 看起来不像 但谁知道呢 |
[17:45] | Maybe that was just the pills doing their job. | 或许只是因为药物起了作用 |
[17:46] | Or maybe his pancreas was fine, | 或者也许他的胰腺没有问题 |
[17:48] | and these are just the steroids | 这些药只是大家以为 |
[17:49] | – everyone thought he was taking. – No. | -他在服用的镇静剂而已 -不 |
[17:51] | The kid swore up and down that he was clean, | 那孩子反复强调他没有服用违禁药 |
[17:53] | and I believed him. | 我相信他 |
[17:55] | Hey, you want a second opinion, check with the Yonkers PD. | 想求证 去问问杨克斯警局 |
[17:58] | I’m sure they asked him a lot more questions | 关于这些药 他们肯定比我们 |
[17:59] | about those pills than we did. | 问得详细 |
[18:03] | Okay, so, just got off the phone | 好吧 我刚和 |
[18:05] | with the detective who caught the burglary | 逮捕闯入拜伦·赖特家的盗贼的警探 |
[18:07] | at Baron Wright’s residence. | 通完电话 |
[18:09] | He sent me these. | 他给我发了这些 |
[18:11] | This is one of Baron’s pills. | 这是拜伦的药 |
[18:12] | 杨克斯警局 证据 | |
[18:12] | Apparently it’s a treatment for something called | 显然这是一种用于治疗 |
[18:14] | exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, | 胰腺外分泌机能不全的药物 |
[18:16] | Or E.P.I. You familiar? | 简称EPI 听说过吗 |
[18:18] | It’s an enzyme deficiency. | 这是一种酶缺乏症 |
[18:20] | People who have it have a hard time digesting. | 患者会出现消化不良症状 |
[18:22] | Baron got diagnosed a little over a year ago. | 拜伦是一年多前确诊的 |
[18:24] | He told the police it was some cutting-edge treatment | 他告诉警方这是一种还在试验阶段的 |
[18:27] | still in trial. | 前沿疗法 |
[18:28] | His endocrinologist got him in. | 他的内分泌医师介绍他加入的 |
[18:30] | This, on the other hand, is one of the pills | 而这个 是闯入者 |
[18:32] | the intruder was trying to plant in Baron’s vial. | 试图放入拜伦的药瓶中的药 |
[18:35] | The sedative. | 是镇静剂 |
[18:36] | Well, obviously, they look exactly the same. | 很明显 它们在外观上是一样的 |
[18:38] | That might be a good thing… | 这可能是件好事 |
[18:39] | Baron said these were in trial, right? | 拜伦说这些药还在试验阶段 对吗 |
[18:41] | So most people have no idea what they look like. | 所以大部分人不知道药长什么样 |
[18:44] | But the person who made this one obviously did. | 但很明显制作这个药的人知道 |
[18:47] | You think it was somebody involved in the trial? | 你觉得嫌犯和这个试验有关 |
[18:49] | Could be. | 可能是 |
[18:50] | Or it could be someone from his endocrinologist’s office. | 也可能是他的内分泌医师办公室的某个人 |
[18:56] | Miss Watson, Mr. Holmes, I’m Tessa. | 华生小姐 福尔摩斯先生 我是泰莎 |
[18:57] | Dr. Burgess is with a patient, but he shouldn’t be long. | 伯吉斯医生现在正在看病 但应该就快结束了 |
[19:00] | – What’s that buzzing? – Buzzing? | -那个杂音是什么 -杂音 |
[19:02] | – I don’t hear anything. – Well, you’re not pregnant. | -我没听到什么声音 -你没怀孕 |
[19:04] | Your hearing is heightened when you’re pregnant. | 怀孕会提高人的听觉敏感度 |
[19:06] | – Are you pregnant? – You really don’t hear that? | -你怀孕了吗 -你真的没听到吗 |
[19:08] | Uh, hey, you can’t go in there. | 你不能进去 |
[19:12] | Excuse me, sir, sir. | 不好意思 先生 先生 |
[19:15] | Sir… | 先生 |
[19:20] | – Dr. Burgess, I presume. – What the…? | -你就是伯吉斯医生吧 -搞什么 |
[19:23] | You shouldn’t be in here. | 你不应该闯进来 |
[19:24] | You shouldn’t be destroying your files on Baron Wright. | 你不该摧毁拜伦·赖特的档案 |
[19:26] | That is what you’re attempting, isn’t it? | 这就是你此刻正尝试要做的事吧 |
[19:27] | Don’t just stand there, Tessa, call security. | 别傻站在那 泰莎 叫保安 |
[19:31] | I see you cut your hand recently; that’s interesting. | 我看到你的手最近划伤了 很有意思 |
[19:33] | Someone broke into Baron’s house two weeks ago | 两周前闯入拜伦家中的人 |
[19:35] | and cut their hand on a broken pane of glass | 破窗逃走时 |
[19:37] | when they were climbing out the window. | 手被一块碎玻璃划伤了 |
[19:38] | We’ll leave, Dr. Burgess. | 我们会走的 伯吉斯医生 |
[19:40] | You can expect a visit from our colleagues shortly. | 我们的同事很快就会来拜访你 |
[19:42] | You can also expect a court order for your DNA. | 他们还会带来一张获取你DNA的法院命令 |
[19:45] | Did you come here because you think I broke into his house | 你们来是因为你们觉得是我闯入了他家 |
[19:48] | or because you think I shot him? | 还是因为你们觉得是我开枪打死了他 |
[19:50] | Perhaps you did both. | 或许两者皆有 |
[19:51] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[19:53] | If you’ll let me, I can prove it. | 如果可以的话 我能证明 |
[19:56] | First of all, I’m sorry. | 首先 我很抱歉 |
[19:59] | I’ve been on edge ever since I heard what happened to Baron. | 自从我听说拜伦出事后我就坐立不安 |
[20:02] | When Tessa told me | 当泰莎告诉我 |
[20:03] | there were police consultants here to see me… | 有警局顾问来见我… |
[20:05] | Can you prove you didn’t kill him? | 你能证明你没杀他吗 |
[20:08] | I wasn’t shredding his file. | 我不是在销毁他的病历 |
[20:12] | I was shredding this. | 我是在销毁这个 |
[20:14] | It’s a paper I was writing about him. | 是我写的关于他的论文 |
[20:18] | When he first came to see me, | 他刚开始来见我时 |
[20:19] | it was for treatment for a condition | 是为了治疗一种 |
[20:21] | known as exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. | 叫做胰腺外分泌功能不全的症状 |
[20:24] | E.P.I. We’re aware. | EPI 我们知道 |
[20:25] | I couldn’t help being struck by his muscle mass and definition. | 我很惊讶他的肌肉重量和比例 |
[20:29] | Uh, most people with E.P.I. don’t look like that. | 多数EPI患者看上去不会像那样 |
[20:33] | Most people in comic books don’t look like that. | 多数漫画人物也不会像那样 |
[20:35] | I started thinking his symptoms and his physique were both due | 我开始觉得他的症状和体格是由于 |
[20:39] | to an undiagnosed mutation, uh, something similar | 一种未知的突变造成的 类似于 |
[20:42] | to a condition called Dunnigan-type lipodystrophy. | 邓尼根型脂肪代谢障碍 |
[20:45] | That’s a mutation that inhibits the body’s ability to produce fat. | 一种阻碍身体产生脂肪的突变 |
[20:49] | It can damage the liver, | 它可能损害肝脏 |
[20:52] | but some athletes seem to benefit from it. | 但有些运动员似乎从中受益 |
[20:54] | It makes them leaner, stronger. | 突变使他们脂肪更少 更强壮 |
[20:57] | Baron’s condition was even more unique. | 拜伦的情况更加独特 |
[21:00] | There were more beneficial effects, fewer harmful ones. | 他从中受益更多 受损更少 |
[21:04] | I was trying to understand its mechanism. | 我想试图搞清楚突变的机理 |
[21:06] | I wanted to synthesize it… | 我想人工合成 |
[21:08] | You mean monetize it. | 你是说把它变现 |
[21:10] | A pill that reduces body fat but increases muscle growth | 一种减少脂肪但增加肌肉生长的药 |
[21:13] | would be worth millions. | 可以值几百万 |
[21:14] | Possibly billions. | 甚至几亿 |
[21:15] | I didn’t tell Baron. | 我没有告诉拜伦 |
[21:17] | I-I didn’t even identify him in my paper, | 我甚至没在论文中指名道姓 |
[21:20] | just called him Patient X. | 只称他为病人X |
[21:22] | Unfortunately, my research required | 很不幸 我的研究需要 |
[21:24] | a constant supply of blood | 持续的血液样本 |
[21:26] | and tissue samples. | 和组织样本 |
[21:28] | I lied to Baron. | 我骗了拜伦 |
[21:29] | Told him I needed them to monitor his condition, | 说我需要这些样本监控他的身体状况 |
[21:32] | but eventually he got tired of me sticking him. | 但最终他厌倦了我总是抽血取样 |
[21:35] | He stopped coming in. | 他不来了 |
[21:37] | Your golden goose flew the coop. | 你下金蛋的鹅逃了 |
[21:38] | I tried to make do with what I had, | 我试着利用剩下的样品 |
[21:41] | but eventually I used up my stockpile. | 但最终弹尽粮绝 |
[21:43] | I needed more samples. | 我需要更多样本 |
[21:45] | So you made up some pills that looked like the ones | 所以你制造了与他正在服用的药物 |
[21:47] | he was taking and then you broke into his house. | 外观相同的胶囊并闯入他家 |
[21:50] | You were gonna sedate him and then take what you needed | 你打算让他昏迷然后趁他无意识时 |
[21:52] | while he was unconscious. | 获取你要的样本 |
[21:53] | He caught me in the act. | 他抓了我个现行 |
[21:56] | I ran. | 我跑了 |
[21:58] | That was the last time I saw him. | 那是我最后一次见他 |
[22:02] | But it’s like you said. He was my golden goose. | 但像你说的 他是我下金蛋的鹅 |
[22:04] | I never would have killed him. | 我绝不会杀了他 |
[22:06] | Perhaps you identified a family member with the same mutation. | 也许你查到了一位有相同突变的家庭成员 |
[22:09] | You worried that Baron would realize you were the one | 你担心拜伦会发现是你想要 |
[22:11] | trying to poison him, and so you killed him. | 毒死他 于是你杀了他 |
[22:13] | No. There are no family members. | 不 没有家庭成员 |
[22:16] | I’m pretty sure I saw in the news | 我很确定我在新闻里看到 |
[22:17] | that he’s survived by his mother. | 他有一个母亲 |
[22:18] | He was. His adoptive mother. | 是的 养母 |
[22:22] | Baron’s parents were undocumented immigrants. | 拜伦的亲生父母是未做登记的移民 |
[22:24] | They died in a car crash when he was an infant. | 他们在拜伦是婴儿时就车祸去世了 |
[22:28] | Tessa’s great with research, | 泰莎做调查很有一手 |
[22:30] | so I asked her to look for more family. | 所以我让她去找别的家庭成员 |
[22:33] | I lied to her, told her | 我骗她 告诉她 |
[22:34] | it was about “refining Baron’s treatment.” | 是为了改进拜伦的治疗方案 |
[22:38] | She couldn’t find a single relative. | 她没找到任何亲戚 |
[22:40] | Baron was the end of the line. | 拜伦是他家的最后一员 |
[22:44] | Look, I’m not the only doctor he ever saw. | 听着 我不是他看的唯一一个医生 |
[22:47] | He dealt with digestive problems his whole life. | 他这辈子都有消化方面的问题 |
[22:50] | Maybe someone else treated him, | 也许别人治疗他后 |
[22:52] | figured out the same thing I did. | 和我一样发现了突变 |
[22:54] | Uh, maybe they were able to synthesize the mutation. | 也许他们有能力合成突变 |
[22:58] | If they did, Baron would’ve been expendable. | 如果是这样 拜伦就不再重要了 |
[23:01] | More than that. He would have been a liability. | 不止如此 他还会成为一个累赘 |
[23:04] | He could have sued them if he realized what they had done. | 如果他意识到对方的行径 可以反过来起诉 |
[23:13] | I see you’ve made yourself at home. | 我看你没把自己当外人啊 |
[23:15] | You know, I don’t know what this is, | 我不知道这是什么 |
[23:16] | the spread in the jar marked “protein.” | 在标有”蛋白质”的罐子里 |
[23:19] | It’s good. It’s crunchy. | 很好吃 脆脆的 |
[23:20] | Usually, when someone calls and asks to meet me at my home, | 通常有人致电想在我家与我见面时 |
[23:22] | they wait outside. | 他们会在外面等 |
[23:25] | It’s bugs, isn’t it? | 是虫子 对吧 |
[23:30] | You don’t want me lingering right in front of your front door. | 你不会想让我在你前门外徘徊的 |
[23:32] | Lot of the traffic cameras and dash cams run on Odker software. | 奥德克软件掌握太多交通监控和行车记录仪 |
[23:36] | Neither of us wants Odin Reichenbach | 我们都不希望奥丁·赖兴巴赫 |
[23:37] | finding out this meeting is happening. | 发现咱俩有过这次会面 |
[23:39] | Your superiors found the material I gave you interesting? | 你上级觉得我给你的材料有点意思吗 |
[23:41] | Well, they found it informative, thought-provoking. | 他们觉得很有启发 引人深思 |
[23:44] | They didn’t find it actionable. | 但他们觉得不太能采取行动 |
[23:46] | We need a smoking gun or, ideally, a confession. | 我们需要确凿的证据 最好是供认 |
[23:49] | I mean, if you’d been able to record everything, | 如果你能把一切录下来 |
[23:51] | then we’d have something. | 那我们就有证据了 |
[23:52] | Had I known that Watson and I were going to meet | 如果我事先知道华生和我要去见 |
[23:54] | with the architect of multiple murders, | 多起凶案的始作俑者 |
[23:55] | I would have made the appropriate arrangements. | 我本会做好合适的安排 |
[23:58] | Set another meeting. | 再安排一次会面 |
[23:59] | I mean, he’s expecting a response, right? | 他也等着你们的回复 对吧 |
[24:02] | Draw him out. Get him to talk about all the people he’s killed | 引蛇出洞 让他谈谈为了大局着想 |
[24:05] | in the name of the greater good. | 他所杀死的那些人 |
[24:06] | There’s zero chance I’ll be able to record our next meeting. | 下一次会面我不可能录下任何东西 |
[24:08] | He’ll be on guard. They will check me for a wire, | 他会有所防备 他们会检查我是否带了监听 |
[24:11] | confiscate my phone. | 没收我的手机 |
[24:12] | So? I mean, there’s a reason you contacted the NSA. | 所以呢 你联系国安局肯定有原因 |
[24:15] | We’ll take care of the recording. | 我们会搞定录音的事 |
[24:17] | You want to tell me how the NSA’s gonna do that? | 你要告诉我国安局要怎么录音吗 |
[24:19] | Well, a minute ago, you wouldn’t even tell me | 一分钟前 你都没打算告诉我 |
[24:21] | if I was eating crickets, so, no. | 我是不是在吃蟋蟀 所以不 |
[24:22] | There are some things that need to remain secret, | 有些东西需要保持机密 |
[24:24] | but, rest assured, we’ll get him on tape | 但是请放心 我们会录下对话 |
[24:26] | if you can get him talking. | 如果你能让他开口的话 |
[24:28] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[24:31] | I still can’t believe my boy is gone. | 我还是无法相信我的孩子死了 |
[24:33] | We’re very sorry for your loss. | 我们对你的损失深表遗憾 |
[24:36] | When those other fighters started threatening him, I was afraid. | 当其他那些斗士开始威胁他时 我很害怕 |
[24:40] | But I never thought it would go this far. | 但我从没想到会走到这一步 |
[24:42] | Actually, Mrs. Wright, the two boxers who made threats | 其实赖特女士 威胁你儿子的两个拳击手 |
[24:45] | against your son provided alibis and took polygraphs. | 都提供了不在场证明并且做了测谎 |
[24:48] | Both passed. | 并且都通过了 |
[24:50] | We think Baron’s death | 我们认为拜伦的死 |
[24:51] | has more to do with his medical condition. | 更可能与他的身体状况有关 |
[24:54] | That’s why we asked you to bring | 所以我们才会叫你带来 |
[24:55] | his old medical records when we called. | 他以往的医疗记录 |
[24:58] | Is that them? | 这些就是吗 |
[25:00] | Well, I’ll tell you right now, | 我现在就可以告诉你 |
[25:02] | there’s less here than should be. | 这里的少了许多 |
[25:04] | I think some of ’em might’ve gone missing | 我想这里有一些是在 |
[25:06] | during the break-in. | 闯入时丢失了 |
[25:07] | Ugh, they made a mess. | 他们弄得一团糟 |
[25:09] | Somebody broke into your house? | 有人闯入了你的家吗 |
[25:11] | Yesterday. I’m guessing it was kids. | 昨天 我猜是小孩们 |
[25:13] | Real thieves would have figured out where I hide the jewelry, | 真正的盗贼会找出我藏珠宝的地方 |
[25:16] | or at least managed to take a TV off the wall. | 或者最起码把电视从墙上拿走 |
[25:18] | But they did take some of Baron’s medical records. | 但他们确实拿走了一些拜伦的医疗记录 |
[25:21] | A few photo albums and scrapbooks are missing, too. | 一些相簿和剪贴簿也不见了 |
[25:25] | I-I called the police, they said they’d look into it, | 我通知了警察 他们说会调查 |
[25:28] | but you know. Nothing worth any money was taken. | 但你知道的 没有什么值钱的被拿走 |
[25:31] | Can I ask what was in the scrapbooks? | 我能问问剪贴簿里是些什么吗 |
[25:33] | Pictures of Baron, mostly. | 大多是拜伦的照片 |
[25:35] | From when he was a boy. | 他还是婴儿时候的照片 |
[25:38] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[25:41] | No, I appreciate it. | 不 我很感激 |
[25:43] | Any new developments, just give us a call. | 有任何进展 就给我们打电话吧 |
[25:45] | All right. | 好 |
[25:47] | So, do the Newark police have any idea | 所以纽瓦克警局调查出了 |
[25:49] | who broke into Mrs. Wright’s house? | 是谁闯进了拜伦女士家吗 |
[25:51] | None. | 没有 |
[25:52] | It’s got to be the same person who killed Baron, right? | 肯定是杀了拜伦的那个人 对吧 |
[25:55] | Maybe Dr. Burgess was right. | 也许伯吉斯医生是对的 |
[25:56] | The killer is one of Baron’s old doctors. | 凶手是拜伦以前的医生 |
[25:58] | He stole Baron’s medical records | 他偷走了拜伦的医疗记录 |
[26:00] | so there’d be no link back to him. | 这样就不会有线索指向他 |
[26:01] | Well, say that’s true. Why would he also want | 且说是这样 为什么他还要 |
[26:03] | a bunch of Baron’s childhood photos? | 一堆拜伦儿童时代的照片 |
[26:06] | Not a clue. | 没有头绪 |
[26:14] | Hey, you got time for an update on the Baron Wright case? | 你有时间听一听拜伦·赖特案子的进展吗 |
[26:16] | Pat on the back. | 拍你后背 |
[26:18] | Pat on the back? | 拍我后背 |
[26:19] | Sounds like you got a break. | 听起来你有了突破 |
[26:20] | You’re looking for approval, so pat on the back. | 你想要赞扬 所以我拍拍你的后背 |
[26:24] | Well, it turns out, Mrs. Wright had copies of the pictures | 调查发现 赖特女士留有 |
[26:26] | that were in the albums that got stolen. | 被偷相簿中照片的副本 |
[26:28] | She had them scanned and uploaded to her computer | 她几年前将它们扫描并上传到了 |
[26:31] | a few years ago. | 电脑中 |
[26:31] | I went through ’em and found these. | 我查看了一遍找到了这个 |
[26:34] | Guy on the right | 右边的男人 |
[26:35] | is Baron Wright’s biological father. | 是拜伦·赖特的生父 |
[26:37] | We think the others are Baron’s uncles. | 我们认为另几个是拜伦的叔叔们 |
[26:39] | Mrs. Wright got these when she adopted him, | 赖特女士在领养他时拿到这些的 |
[26:41] | along with some of his late parents’ other belongings. | 还有一些他去世父母的其他物品 |
[26:45] | Strong-looking guys. | 都是强壮的家伙 |
[26:46] | Just like Baron. We think that’s the reason | 就和拜伦一样 我们认为这就是 |
[26:48] | the originals were stolen. | 原版被偷的原因 |
[26:51] | Explain that? | 解释一下 |
[26:52] | Say the person who broke into Mrs. Wright’s house | 假设闯入赖特女士家的人 |
[26:54] | is the guy who killed Baron. | 就是杀死拜伦的人 |
[26:56] | He stole a bunch of Baron’s medical records. | 他偷走了一些拜伦的医疗记录 |
[26:58] | That fits with the idea that one of his other doctors found a way | 这符合是他的其他医生找到方法 |
[27:01] | to make money off the mutation he had. | 通过他所拥有的突变来赚钱的猜想 |
[27:03] | The one that burns fat and builds muscle. | 燃烧脂肪建立肌肉那个 |
[27:05] | If that’s a mutation you can buy, I’ll take a double. | 如果这种突变能买 我来两份 |
[27:09] | Assuming you’re right, and some doctor did the burglary, | 假设你是对的 某个医生进行了偷窃 |
[27:11] | he stole these so he could track down new test subjects, right? | 他偷走那些是为了找到新的测试对象 对吗 |
[27:14] | Actually, we think he did it so no one else | 实际上 我们认为他这么做是让别人 |
[27:16] | could track down more test subjects. | 无法找到更多的测试对象 |
[27:18] | If we’re right, he already got | 如果我们推断正确 他已经从 |
[27:19] | what he wanted from Baron’s blood and tissue. | 拜伦的血液和组织中得到了他想要的 |
[27:22] | He doesn’t need more. | 他不需要更多了 |
[27:23] | Long as no one else can track down | 只要没有别人能找到 |
[27:24] | another member of Baron’s family, he’s in the clear. | 拜伦家族的其他成员 他就很安全 |
[27:27] | He’ll get his product on the market first. | 他的产品会是第一个上市的 |
[27:29] | Don’t tell me we have to wait for that to happen | 别告诉我 我们得等这产品推出后 |
[27:30] | before we can arrest somebody. | 才能去逮捕某人 |
[27:32] | Joan has a lot of friends in the medical community. | 乔恩在医疗界有不少朋友 |
[27:35] | She’s reaching out, | 她去联络了 |
[27:35] | seeing if anyone can point us in a direction. | 看看能不能找到人帮我们指明方向 |
[27:38] | We get any hits, we’ll let you know. | 我们有任何线索就告诉你 |
[27:44] | I don’t know where you got this coffee from, but it is amazing. | 我不知道你这咖啡哪弄的 可真是美味 |
[27:48] | I didn’t realize you had company. | 我不知道你有客人 |
[27:49] | Watson, this is my friend Cassina. | 华生 这是我的朋友卡西娜 |
[27:52] | She brought us the coffee. | 她给咱们带的咖啡 |
[27:53] | – Nice to meet you. – You, too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[27:55] | Coffee is Cassina’s business, you see. | 卡西娜是做咖啡生意的 |
[27:57] | She travels the world, identifying, importing, | 她全世界旅行 鉴别 进口 |
[27:59] | and then reselling only the finest, most exotic beans. | 然后只卖最好最有情调的咖啡豆 |
[28:02] | The ones that you’re drinking are Vietnamese. | 你喝的那个是越南货 |
[28:04] | The coffee berries are fed to weasels, | 咖啡果被喂给鼬鼠 |
[28:06] | who then regurgitate the beans, and the acid | 它们反刍豆子 然后用 |
[28:08] | in their stomachs removes the bean’s more bitter properties, | 胃中的酸液移除豆子中的苦味 |
[28:11] | allowing that unique, chocolaty flavor to emerge. | 让那独特的巧克力口味可以显现 |
[28:15] | You know what? This stuff is so good, | 跟你说 这东西太好喝了 |
[28:17] | I don’t care how much weasel puke is in it. | 我根本不在乎里边有多少鼬鼠口水 |
[28:19] | Are you and Marcus any closer to identifying | 你和马库斯确认了哪个医学专家 |
[28:21] | any medical expert | 能够因为 |
[28:23] | who could profit from Baron Wright’s mutation? | 拜伦·赖特的突变而受益吗 |
[28:25] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[28:28] | I think I might have identified another, | 我认为我可能找到了 |
[28:29] | far simpler way that someone | 另一种更简单的方法 |
[28:31] | could have profited from his death. | 能让人因为他的死而受益 |
[28:32] | Sherlock called me | 夏洛克打给我 |
[28:34] | because he could tell these were coffee groves. | 因为他能认出来这些是咖啡树 |
[28:36] | He wanted me to take a look and see if I could identify | 他想让我也瞧瞧 看看能否确认 |
[28:39] | the foliage and location, which I did. | 植物的种类和地点 我看出来了 |
[28:41] | These trees are on the slopes of Volcan Acatenango in Guatemala. | 这些树生长在危地马拉雅克提尼瓜火山山坡上 |
[28:45] | They’re an ultra-rare variety | 它们是一种非常稀有的品种 |
[28:47] | called Ethiopian Gesha. | 叫做埃塞俄比亚瑰夏 |
[28:49] | Gesha trees produce incredible beans. | 瑰夏树能结出非常棒的豆子 |
[28:51] | Floral, rich. | 花香味 很浓厚 |
[28:53] | But they’re hard to grow, | 但它们很难生长 |
[28:54] | and they only thrive in certain microclimates. | 而且它们只在特定的微气候下生长 |
[28:57] | Now, back when these pictures were taken, | 拍摄这些照片的时候 |
[28:59] | the trees had just been planted. | 这些树刚刚被栽下 |
[29:01] | Now they’re at full yield. | 现在它们已经满产了 |
[29:03] | If they were ever harvested, | 要是收获了的话 |
[29:04] | their beans would be worth over $500 a pound. | 这些豆子每磅值500美元 |
[29:07] | – A pound? – The grove you’re looking at would, in theory, | -每磅 -理论上 你看到的这片林子 |
[29:10] | make millions every year. | 每年能赚几百万 |
[29:12] | I don’t understand. If the beans are so valuable, | 我不明白 如果豆子这么值钱 |
[29:15] | then why aren’t they being harvested? | 为什么还没采摘呢 |
[29:17] | Sad story. After Cassina confirmed the grove’s location, | 很不幸 卡西娜确认林子的地点之后 |
[29:21] | I discovered the land | 我发现这片地 |
[29:22] | was once owned by a family by the name of Bautista. | 曾经属于一个叫保蒂斯塔的家族 |
[29:24] | In 2016, | 2016年 |
[29:26] | right before they were gonna bring their beans to market, | 就在他们打算把豆子推向市场前 |
[29:28] | an earthquake destroyed their home, | 他们的家被地震毁了 |
[29:30] | killed the whole family. | 全家人都丧生了 |
[29:31] | Their estate went into probate, | 他们的遗产走了遗嘱认证程序 |
[29:32] | and no one has come forward to claim it since. | 但是至今没有人前来认领 |
[29:36] | So you think | 所以你认为 |
[29:37] | if Baron had figured this out, he would have claimed it. | 如果拜伦发现了这点 他可以认领 |
[29:41] | If that’s the case, he might not have been killed by a doctor | 如果是这样的话 他可能不是被医生杀害的 |
[29:44] | but by a fellow heir | 而是被一个 |
[29:45] | who didn’t want to share the family fortune. | 不想分家产的继承人杀的 |
[29:47] | The Guatemalan consulate | 危地马拉领事馆已经同意 |
[29:49] | has agreed to help us round up any wayward Bautistas. | 帮我们召集任何难搞的保蒂斯塔家族成员 |
[29:51] | They’re gonna send someone to the precinct shortly. | 他们很快会派人去分局 |
[29:54] | unfortunately, you’re gonna have to go without me. | 不幸的是 我不能跟你一起去了 |
[29:56] | – Why? – Well, our new friend, | -为什么 -我们的新朋友 |
[29:58] | with the bow and arrow, he’s agreed to another meeting. | 弓箭双全的那位 他同意再见一面 |
[30:11] | Mr. Reichenbach. | 赖兴巴赫先生 |
[30:13] | I trust your security detail | 我相信你的保安 |
[30:14] | told you I passed my colonoscopy. | 应该告诉你我的结肠镜检查合格了 |
[30:18] | Clark is thorough, isn’t he? | 克拉克很细致 是吧 |
[30:19] | I’m sure you understand the need for discretion. | 我相信你明白谨慎的必要性 |
[30:22] | It’s ironic, isn’t it, that you insist on the very thing | 很讽刺的是 你所坚持的事 |
[30:25] | that you seek to deny your customers: privacy. | 正是你否认客户的依据 隐私 |
[30:27] | You don’t sound like a man who’s about to say yes to my offer. | 听上去你不打算同意我的提议 |
[30:31] | You referenced some of your | 那天 你提到了自己的 |
[30:32] | “successes” the other day. | 一些”成就” |
[30:34] | Tragedies averted because of your intervention. | 你的介入避免了各种悲剧的发生 |
[30:37] | The details you gave me were more than enough | 你告诉我的细节 |
[30:40] | to identify some of those would-be culprits. | 足以找出一些嫌疑犯 |
[30:42] | How did I do? | 我做得怎么样 |
[30:44] | You had two notable successes. | 你有两个显著的成就 |
[30:48] | The girls in Tempe and the churchgoers in Ohio. | 坦佩的女孩和俄亥俄州的教徒 |
[30:51] | Their lives were probably worth the deaths | 他们的性命 |
[30:52] | of two would-be killers, yes. | 抵得上两个嫌疑犯 |
[30:54] | But the school bus driver in Kentucky? | 但是肯塔基州的校车司机 |
[30:58] | To borrow a term from your tech company, there were bugs. | 用你们科技公司的术语来说 有漏洞 |
[31:01] | Maybe you were looking at the wrong piece of code. | 也许你看错了代码 |
[31:05] | You said you had a woman killed | 你说你让一个女人被杀 |
[31:06] | because she threatened to drive her bus off a bridge. | 因为她威胁说要开车坠桥 |
[31:09] | I assume that was Ruthie Deller? | 我猜这个人是茹西·戴勒 |
[31:11] | Her execution was disguised to look like | 她的死刑伪装成了 |
[31:14] | a home invasion gone wrong. | 入室抢劫的样子 |
[31:15] | Rabid dogs aren’t “executed,” they’re put down. | 疯狗是不会有”死刑”的 而是被捕杀 |
[31:20] | Most of Ruthie’s online footprint had been scrubbed, | 茹西的大部分上网记录都被抹去了 |
[31:22] | but I’ve got some friends who are very good at unscrubbing. | 不过我有一些很擅长恢复的朋友 |
[31:24] | They found her blog, where she fantasized about killing herself | 他们发现了她的博客 她在博文里幻想自己 |
[31:27] | and all of her young passengers. | 带着她的小乘客们一起寻死 |
[31:29] | Exactly. She had to go. | 是的 必须把她除掉 |
[31:31] | Did she? Over the last four years, | 是吗 在过去的四年里 |
[31:35] | Ruthie repeated the same escalating cycle of rage | 茹西总是在快过生日的时候 |
[31:38] | and suicidal depression online, | 在网上重复着同样的 |
[31:41] | always as her birthday approached. | 愤怒和自杀式抑郁症的升级循环 |
[31:43] | And then, when her birthday passed, | 然后 生日一过 |
[31:45] | her mood always improved, always. | 她的情绪又改善了 总是如此 |
[31:48] | But you still had her killed a day before her 53rd birthday. | 可你还是在她53岁生日之前杀了她 |
[31:52] | All those children. | 那么多孩子 |
[31:54] | Her life wasn’t worth the risk. | 不值得为她的生命冒这个险 |
[31:56] | Risk implies odds. Odds imply a lack of certainty. | 风险意味着几率 几率意味着缺乏确定性 |
[32:00] | You started as an engineer. | 你是工程师出身 |
[32:01] | So assign a number to your conviction | 所以 你认定茹西会杀人的几率是多少 |
[32:03] | that Ruthie would have killed. | 你说一个数字 |
[32:05] | Give me a percentage. | 给我个百分数 |
[32:08] | Call it 80%. | 80%吧 |
[32:09] | Well, there’s your bug. | 这就是你的漏洞 |
[32:10] | At those odds, a fifth of the people that you’ve had killed | 在这些几率中 有五分之一的可能 |
[32:13] | could have been innocent. | 你杀的人是无辜的 |
[32:15] | This your way of saying you’re not interested in helping? | 你这是在说你不想帮忙了 |
[32:17] | On the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[32:19] | Watson and I are very interested. | 我和华生很感兴趣 |
[32:23] | But it would have to be on our terms. | 不过得按我们的条件来 |
[32:25] | We would vet every single case to 100% certainty | 我们要审核每一个案子直到完全确定 |
[32:29] | before you did the irrevocable. | 之后你才能做出不可挽回的决定 |
[32:30] | What if your target acts | 如果在你们审核的过程中 |
[32:32] | while you’re still vetting? | 目标就采取行动了怎么办 |
[32:34] | That could happen, yes. | 确实会有这种可能 |
[32:37] | But your default position cannot be | 但你的默认立场不能是 |
[32:40] | “kill away.” | “赶尽杀绝” |
[32:49] | All right, fine. | 那好吧 |
[32:53] | How about this? | 这样如何 |
[32:56] | Next time I get another 80/20 call, I’ll send it your way. | 下次我再遇到二八概率事件 我找你 |
[33:00] | It’ll be your decision. | 你来决定 |
[33:01] | Call it a trust-building exercise. | 就当这是建立信任的训练 |
[33:05] | How’s that sound? | 这样如何 |
[33:07] | Like a step in the right direction. | 像是朝正确的方向迈进了一步 |
[33:20] | We appreciate you making the time to come see us, Ms. Duarte. | 感谢您抽空见我们 杜阿尔特女士 |
[33:23] | I’m sure you’re busy at the consulate. | 您在领事馆的工作肯定很忙 |
[33:25] | Uh, I brought you everything I could find on the Bautista estate. | 我带来了所有能找到的关于保蒂斯塔房产的文件 |
[33:28] | Mr. Holmes said he believed the man whose murder | 福尔摩斯先生说他判断你们在调查的案件中 |
[33:31] | you’ve been investigating was an heir? | 被害人是一名继承人 |
[33:33] | We think the person responsible may have been another heir. | 我们认为杀手或许是另一名继承人 |
[33:36] | Well, if that’s the case, | 如果是这样的话 |
[33:37] | I’m afraid I won’t be much help to you. | 恐怕我帮不上你们什么忙 |
[33:40] | The Guatemalan government | 危地马拉政府 |
[33:41] | has been looking for heirs to the estate for years. | 这些年来一直在寻找房产的继承人 |
[33:43] | We haven’t had any luck. | 但从未有幸找到 |
[33:49] | This man? | 这个人 |
[33:50] | The one Mr. Holmes said was Baron Wright’s father? | 福尔摩斯先生说他是拜伦·怀特的父亲 |
[33:54] | I can confirm he was a Bautista. | 我能确认他就是保蒂斯塔家族的人 |
[33:57] | Lorenzo. | 洛伦佐 |
[33:58] | Uh, he grew estranged from his family | 他在90年代后期和他家人关系不合 |
[34:00] | in the late ’90s and moved away. | 并且搬走了 |
[34:02] | He must have come here, met his wife, had Baron, | 他肯定来到这里遇见了他妻子 又生了拜伦 |
[34:05] | and then died in that car crash. | 最后死于车祸 |
[34:07] | Uh, we would require Baron’s DNA to confirm it, | 我们需要拜伦的DNA来确认这点 |
[34:09] | but, yes, I imagine you’re right. | 但我想你们是对的 |
[34:14] | It’s sad, but I think we almost found him last year. | 说来难过 但我们去年几乎找到他了 |
[34:19] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[34:20] | You’ll see in the file. | 你会在文件里看到 |
[34:23] | 13 months ago, a medical researcher from New York | 13个月前 一名纽约的医药研究员 |
[34:26] | contacted our probate office | 联系了我们的遗产承办处 |
[34:28] | for information on the Bautistas. | 想了解保蒂斯塔家族的信息 |
[34:30] | She had a patient with a rare disorder | 她有一名患者患有一种罕见的疾病 |
[34:33] | and said she’d found an article in an old medical journal | 她还声称自己在一本旧医疗期刊上读到一篇 |
[34:35] | from our country. | 来自我国的文章 |
[34:37] | It suggested that members of the Bautista family | 文章表明保蒂斯塔家族的成员 |
[34:40] | had the same condition. | 患有同种疾病 |
[34:42] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[34:44] | the researcher said she couldn’t share the patient’s name. | 研究者说她不能透露患者的名字 |
[34:47] | HIPAA laws. | 因为医患保密协议 |
[34:48] | But it had to be Baron, don’t you think? | 但肯定是拜伦 对吗 |
[34:51] | I-I don’t suppose your people explained | 我猜你们的人没有说明 |
[34:53] | that he might be an heir to an estate worth millions. | 他可能是一处价值百万的地产的继承人 |
[34:56] | Of course. But she said she would speak with him. | 当然 但她说会和他谈谈 |
[34:59] | But he must not have believed he was a Bautista. | 但他肯定不相信自己是保蒂斯塔家的人 |
[35:03] | Why else would he not have contacted us? | 否则他为什么不联系我们呢 |
[35:12] | I’m pretty sure I know where | 我非常确定该去哪 |
[35:13] | to find the other heir to the Bautista estate. | 找另一个保蒂斯塔地产的继承人了 |
[35:15] | Say the word, and I’ll send a car for him right now. | 直说 我现在就派车去找他 |
[35:18] | You can’t arrest him, assuming it is a him. | 你无法逮捕他 如果确实是个他的话 |
[35:20] | If I’m right, he or she hasn’t been born yet. | 如果我是对的 他或是她 还没出生 |
[35:30] | You remember my colleague Ms. Watson? | 你还记得我的同事华生女士吗 |
[35:32] | You said on the phone | 你们在电话上说 |
[35:33] | you had more questions about Dr. Burgess, | 你们还有关于伯吉斯医生的问题要问 |
[35:35] | but I don’t know what else I can tell you. | 但我不知道我还能告诉你们什么 |
[35:38] | He was at the office when Baron Wright was killed. | 拜伦·怀特被杀的那晚他在办公室 |
[35:41] | But you weren’t. | 但你不在 |
[35:42] | No. I had terrible morning sickness. I was out all day. | 对 我的孕吐很严重 我一天都在外面 |
[35:45] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[35:46] | Let’s cut the crap. | 我们直说了吧 |
[35:48] | We’re not here to talk about Dr. Burgess. | 我们不是来讨论伯吉斯医生的 |
[35:50] | We’re here to give you a chance to confess | 我们是要给你机会坦白 |
[35:53] | to the murder of Baron Wright. | 对拜伦·怀特的谋杀 |
[35:55] | The sooner you do that, | 你越早坦白 |
[35:56] | the better it’s gonna be for you and your baby. | 对你和你的孩子越有利 |
[35:58] | You think I killed Baron? Seriously? | 你们觉得我杀了拜伦 真的吗 |
[36:01] | It’s the 21st century. | 现在是21世纪了 |
[36:02] | Pregnant women can do all sorts of things. | 孕妇什么事都能做 |
[36:04] | Including go to the gun range. | 包括去靶场 |
[36:07] | We spoke to the manager at the one closest to your house. | 我们和离你家最近的靶场经理聊过 |
[36:10] | He says that you’ve been there a lot lately, | 他说你最近经常去那里 |
[36:13] | practicing with an AR-15 like this one. | 用一支像这样的AR-15步枪练习 |
[36:16] | Before you started working for Dr. Burgess, | 在你和伯吉斯医生共事之前 |
[36:18] | you were in the Army for six years, right? | 你在军队待了六年 对吗 |
[36:20] | So? | 所以呢 |
[36:21] | So we’re guessing that’s where | 我们猜测就是那时开始 |
[36:23] | you got to be so proficient with firearms. | 你变得非常精通枪械 |
[36:25] | It’s probably also where you learned about sniper nests, | 你应该也是在那时学到射击巢的知识 |
[36:28] | like the one you scouted for my friend Davis Whitmark. | 比如你用来侦查我朋友戴维斯·威马克的那座 |
[36:31] | We know that Dr. Burgess | 我们知道伯吉斯医生 |
[36:33] | was his endocrinologist, too. | 也是他的内分泌医生 |
[36:35] | He needed regular follow-ups after losing his adrenal gland | 他几年前在执行任务期间失去肾上腺后 |
[36:38] | in the line of duty a few years ago. | 需要医生定时回访 |
[36:41] | Not sure exactly when you saw one of his bondage videos, | 不太确定你是什么时候看到他的性虐视频的 |
[36:44] | but you did, and you recognized his scar. | 但你看到了 你还认出了他的伤疤 |
[36:47] | You realized that Baron was an heir | 你还在一年多前发现了 |
[36:49] | to the Bautista estate a little over a year ago. | 拜伦是保蒂斯塔地产的继承人 |
[36:52] | Now, his trainer said that’s around the time you started dating. | 并且他的教练说那时候你们刚开始约会 |
[36:55] | We went on like two dates. | 我们就约过两次会 |
[36:57] | I think it was more than that. | 我觉得不止 |
[36:59] | Either way, you made the most of them. | 不管怎样 你都充分利用了 |
[37:01] | Dr. Burgess will testify that he prescribed you hormone pills | 伯吉斯医生会作证他给你开了荷尔蒙药物 |
[37:04] | to help you get pregnant. | 用来帮助你受孕 |
[37:05] | You told him you were using a sperm donor. | 你告诉他你使用了他人的捐精 |
[37:08] | Which, in a way, you were, | 虽然在某种程度上确实是这样 |
[37:09] | because that’s all Baron ever was to you. | 因为那都是拜伦捐给你的 |
[37:11] | Once you reached your third trimester, | 一旦你到达了第三妊娠期 |
[37:13] | you could be all but assured your pregnancy would go the distance. | 你会不惜一切代价确保你的怀孕没有白费 |
[37:16] | You had the baby you needed to claim the Bautista estate. | 你有能助你拿下保蒂斯塔财产的孩子 |
[37:19] | What you didn’t need was the father. | 你不需要的是孩子的父亲 |
[37:22] | So you decided to kill him. | 所以你决定杀了他 |
[37:24] | Unlucky for you, Dr. Burgess broke into | 但算你倒霉 伯吉斯医生在同一时间 |
[37:26] | Baron’s house around the same time. | 闯入了拜伦家 |
[37:28] | Baron got scared and went into hiding. | 拜伦害怕了 躲了起来 |
[37:30] | We’re guessing he told you what was going on | 我们猜想他跟你说了情况 |
[37:33] | because he didn’t want you to worry. | 因为他不想让你担心 |
[37:34] | But you did. | 但你还是很担心 |
[37:36] | Not about him, but about your plan. | 不是担心他 而是担心你的计划 |
[37:38] | You needed him dead, and now he was holed up | 你得让他死 而现在他在沃福德酒店 |
[37:40] | with a security team at the Warford Hotel. | 被一支安保小队保护着 |
[37:43] | So you blackmailed Davis. | 所以你勒索了戴维斯 |
[37:45] | Got him up on that roof across the way | 让他爬上了对面的屋顶 |
[37:46] | to shoot at Baron’s window. | 朝拜伦的窗户开枪 |
[37:49] | We arrested him before that could happen, | 我们在他动手前就逮捕了他 |
[37:50] | but the commotion was enough to get him | 但骚乱已经足以让他 |
[37:52] | and his guards on the move. | 和他的保安采取行动了 |
[37:54] | You followed them and then you gunned them all down. | 你跟踪了他们 然后开枪把他们都干倒了 |
[37:57] | All that was left was to go to his mother’s house | 剩下的就是去他母亲家 |
[37:59] | and find anything you could steal that could help prove | 看看能不能偷点什么 好帮你向危地马拉政府 |
[38:02] | to the Guatemalan government that he was a Bautista. | 证明他是保蒂斯塔家的人 |
[38:07] | I don’t feel good. I… | 我不太舒服 |
[38:09] | think I need to go to the hospital. | 我觉得我得去医院 |
[38:11] | But first I would like to point out | 但首先 我想指出 |
[38:13] | that everything you’ve just said is circumstantial. | 你刚才说的一切都是推测 |
[38:16] | My baby? | 我的孩子 |
[38:18] | He isn’t even Baron’s. | 他根本不是拜伦的 |
[38:20] | This is a court order for a paternity test. | 这是法院要求做亲子鉴定的命令 |
[38:23] | Pretty sure it’s gonna say the opposite. | 我相信结果会跟你说的相反 |
[38:25] | If it does, that’ll be circumstantial, too. | 如果相反 那也是推测 |
[38:28] | But I think it’s gonna go a hell of a long way with a jury. | 但我觉得在陪审团面前能起到很大作用了 |
[38:35] | Next time I get another 80/20 call, I’ll send it your way. | 下次我再遇到二八概率事件 我找你 |
[38:39] | It’ll be your decision. | 你来决定 |
[38:41] | Call it a trust-building exercise. | 就当这是建立信任的训练 |
[38:44] | We got everything. | 需要的都有了 |
[38:46] | And we’re gonna start a case. You need to be patient. | 我们会立案 你得有耐心 |
[38:48] | Investigations of this size | 这种规模的调查 |
[38:50] | and of someone of this stature, they take time. | 而且对象是地位这么高的人 得花点时间 |
[38:52] | There’s nothing more for you to do. | 没什么需要你做的了 |
[38:56] | Well, in that case, I have one question. | 这样的话 我有一个问题 |
[39:01] | Did you become a member of Reichenbach’s cabal | 你加入赖兴巴赫的小集团 |
[39:03] | before I came to see you, or after? | 是我去找你之前还是之后的事 |
[39:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[39:07] | The recording. | 录音 |
[39:08] | It couldn’t be any clearer. | 简直不能更清晰了 |
[39:11] | It was windy that day on the pier. | 那天码头上风很大 |
[39:14] | I don’t care what kind of covert listening device | 我不关国安局声称 |
[39:16] | the NSA alleges to have. | 有什么秘密录音的设备 |
[39:18] | The only way you could make a recording that clear | 要想弄到这么清晰的录音 |
[39:21] | is with a wire, and I certainly wasn’t wearing one. | 只能通过窃听器 而我当时显然没戴 |
[39:24] | I think you’ve been eating too much bug paste. | 我觉得你吃虫子饼吃多了 |
[39:27] | Is the entire NSA in Odin’s pocket, or is it just you? | 是整个国安局都是奥丁的人 还是只有你 |
[39:37] | Come to that, has it? | 得用上那个了 是吧 |
[39:40] | It was always a matter of time, wasn’t it? | 一直就只是时间问题 不是吗 |
[39:44] | Agreeing to help you investigate our mutual friend | 同意帮你调查我们共同的朋友 |
[39:48] | was his idea. | 是他的主意 |
[39:50] | He thought it’d slow you down, | 他觉得能拖慢的你进度 |
[39:52] | give him more time to polish a new recruitment pitch. | 能帮他争取时间去进行新的招募 |
[39:56] | I’d be flattered if I was you. | 我要是你就会受宠若惊 |
[39:58] | Yeah, well, you’re not me, are you? | 好吧 但你不是我 对吧 |
[40:01] | I know that, because I’m not a murderous traitor. | 因为我不是个杀人的卖国贼 |
[40:04] | Traitor? | 卖国贼 |
[40:06] | Well, what’s a little murder | 如果能阻止下一次911事件 |
[40:07] | if you can stop the next 9/11? | 区区杀个人又算什么 |
[40:09] | You do see why that would be of interest to me, don’t you? | 你能明白我为什么会感兴趣吧 |
[40:13] | Well, if you are gonna shoot me, | 如果你要开枪打我 |
[40:15] | I’d just ask that you get on with it. | 我请你痛快点动手 |
[40:19] | This isn’t for you. | 这不是为你准备的 |
[40:22] | This is. | 这个才是 |
[40:26] | This is everything I’ve put together on you | 这是我整理出的 |
[40:27] | over the past couple of years. Open it up. | 过去几年你的记录 打开看看 |
[40:29] | You’ll see a lot of familiar names. | 你会看到很多熟悉的名字 |
[40:32] | Captain Thomas Gregson, | 托马斯·格雷森警监 |
[40:34] | his daughter Hannah, his wife Paige. | 他的女儿汉娜 他的妻子佩吉 |
[40:37] | Detective Marcus Bell, his girlfriend Chantal. | 马库斯·贝尔警探 他的女友香特尔 |
[40:40] | Kitty Winter, her son Archie. | 凯蒂·温特 她儿子阿奇 |
[40:44] | Let’s see, there’s someone I’m forgetting, isn’t there? | 来看看 还有个人我忘了 对吧 |
[40:47] | – Is there? – Yeah. | -有吗 -对 |
[40:50] | Dr. Joan Watson. | 乔恩·华生医生 |
[40:52] | It’d be a shame if something happened to her. | 要是她出什么事就太可惜了 |
[40:54] | Maybe a botched home invasion | 比如一次搞砸的 |
[40:56] | like the one that killed that bus driver? | 像杀死巴士司机那样的入室抢劫 |
[40:59] | Maybe something messier. | 或者更糟一点的 |
[41:09] | Our friend doesn’t want to hurt any of you, | 我们的朋友不想伤害你们任何人 |
[41:10] | but I think it’s important you realize he could hurt all of you. | 但我觉得有必要让你意识到他可以伤害任何人 |
[41:13] | Don’t get in his way. | 别挡他的道 |
[41:15] | You’ll live longer. More importantly, | 你就能活得更久 更重要的是 |
[41:17] | so will all of your friends. | 你那些朋友也能活得更久 |
[41:25] | How’d it go with McNally? | 跟麦克纳利谈得如何 |
[41:29] | I think you’re making a mistake. | 我觉得你犯了个错误 |
[41:31] | I know this guy better than you do. | 我比你了解这家伙 |
[41:34] | In all the ways that matter, Agent McNally, | 麦克纳利探员 在所以重要的方面 |
[41:37] | I think I know him better. | 我觉得我更了解他 |
[41:39] | He’s not gonna let this go. | 这件事他不会罢休的 |
[41:40] | I told you, I don’t want him to let it go, him or his partner. | 我说过了 我不希望他或他的搭档罢休 |
[41:45] | I want them to join us. | 我想让他们加入我们 |
[41:49] | Right now I’m managing a lawsuit | 现在我在处理一起诉讼 |
[41:51] | from five of my competitors over hardware patents, | 我的五个竞争对手在起诉关于硬件专利的事 |
[41:54] | I’m battling the Chinese government’s illegitimate restrictions | 我在跟中国政府对我们亚洲市场搜索引擎的 |
[41:57] | on our Asian market search engines, | 非法限制作斗争 |
[41:59] | and I’m fighting two branches of the U.S. military | 我还在跟美国军方的两个分支作斗争 |
[42:02] | about jurisdiction over land on Mars. | 关于火星领土管辖权的事 |
[42:06] | I can handle Sherlock Holmes. | 我能应付夏洛克福尔摩斯 |
[42:13] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[42:15] | The NSA has opened a case. | 国安局立案了 |
[42:18] | We’re going to have to be patient. | 我们得耐心 |
[42:20] | An investigation of this size | 对地位这么高的人 |
[42:22] | against someone of this stature takes time. | 展开这么大规模的调查 得花点时间 |
[42:25] | So there’s nothing more for us to do. | 没有什么需要我们做的了 |