时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – I did it. – Mr. Meers, to be clear | -是我干的 -米尔斯先生 我得说清楚 |
[00:05] | you’re confessing to killing Tim Bledsoe. | 你是在承认杀了蒂姆·布莱索 |
[00:07] | Tim Bledsoe was going to blow up the Bridgeport ferry | 如果你那天没打死蒂姆·布莱索 他本打算 |
[00:10] | the day after you shot him. | 在第二天炸了布里奇波特渡轮 |
[00:11] | I’m sorry, I-I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 对不起 我不明白你在说什么 |
[00:14] | Patrick Meers was not acting alone. | 帕特里克·米尔斯还有同伙 |
[00:15] | Someone, or some group, were pulling his strings. | 某个人或某个团伙在操纵他 |
[00:18] | Please. My family’s inside. | 拜托 我的家人在里面 |
[00:21] | You’re protecting someone. | 你在保护什么人 |
[00:22] | I wish I could help you, Joan. | 我真希望能帮到你 乔恩 |
[00:24] | That video game. | 那个电子游戏 |
[00:26] | Is that how you talk to them? | 你就是那么跟他们联系的吗 |
[00:28] | I need you to be brave now. | 我现在需要你勇敢起来 |
[00:30] | Can you be brave? | 你能勇敢起来吗 |
[00:36] | 告诉他们 乔恩·华生是个麻烦 | |
[00:41] | Ten years ago, my company wasn’t quite where it is today. | 十年前 我的公司跟今天不太一样 |
[00:45] | We weren’t the destination for e-mail, | 我们那时候还不是世界上五亿人口 |
[00:47] | search and social media for 500 million people worldwide. | 使用电子邮箱 搜索和社交媒体的最终选择 |
[00:50] | We were just a tiny start-up. | 我们不过是一家小小的创业公司 |
[00:52] | In a sweaty office in San Jose. | 在圣何塞的一间热得人浑身是汗的办公室里 |
[00:57] | 2433 Piedmont Street, Suite 3. | 地址是皮埃蒙特大街2433号3号间 |
[00:59] | I can still smell it. | 我现在都还能闻到当时的味道 |
[01:02] | And then, one day, Suite 2 becomes available. | 然后有一天 2号间可以用了 |
[01:05] | It’s bigger, it’s nicer, has more windows. | 那个房间更大 更好 有更多窗户 |
[01:08] | So, we decide to make the move. | 于是我们决定搬家 |
[01:11] | Trouble is, that means a new address. | 但问题是 这意味着要使用新地址 |
[01:13] | New letterhead, new envelopes, business cards. | 新信纸抬头 新信封和工作名片 |
[01:17] | We have to reach out to the post office, | 我们必须联系邮局 |
[01:19] | to our clients, our suppliers. | 联系我们的客户和供应商 |
[01:22] | Late one night, the janitor hears us talking about this | 有天晚上 门卫听到我们聊起这事 |
[01:26] | and he says, “Why don’t you just switch the numbers | 他说 你们为什么不把 |
[01:28] | on the doors?” | 门上的号码换一下 |
[01:33] | And that, folks, is the principle | 而这 各位 就是奥德克 |
[01:35] | on which Odker was built. | 最初的创造理念 |
[01:37] | Simple solutions for complicated problems. | 为复杂的问题提供简单的解决途径 |
[01:41] | That’s how a website that launched in an office park | 这也是为什么一个在办公园区推出的网站 |
[01:44] | became a multinational empire. | 能成为一个跨国大公司 |
[01:46] | Leonardo da Vinci said it best. | 列奥纳多·达·芬奇说得好 |
[01:48] | “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” | “最终极的繁复即是简洁” |
[01:53] | Tommyrot. | 胡说八道 |
[01:55] | What are you wearing? | 你穿的什么 |
[01:56] | That man is a legitimate genius. | 那个男人确实是个天才 |
[01:58] | He’s diminishing his intellectual sophistication | 但他讲这样一段鸡尾酒派对上的趣闻 |
[02:00] | for the sake of a cocktail party anecdote. | 是在削减他的智慧 |
[02:02] | It’s just naked pandering. | 这是赤裸裸地迎合 |
[02:05] | It’s a Tech Symposium, | 这是个科技研讨会 |
[02:06] | not a doctoral defense, | 不是博士答辩 |
[02:07] | and he’s one of the most successful people on the planet, | 而且他是这个星球上最成功的人士之一 |
[02:10] | so obviously, he’s doing something right. | 所以显然 他做的事情是正确的 |
[02:11] | Why are you interested in him? | 你为什么对他感兴趣 |
[02:13] | Because, apparently, he is interested in me. | 因为似乎 他对我感兴趣 |
[02:16] | Do you remember that gun buyback program | 你还记得在我离开纽约前 你以我的名义 |
[02:17] | you started in my name before I left New York? | 开启的枪支回购项目吗 |
[02:19] | Of course, why? | 当然 怎么了 |
[02:21] | He just made a huge donation. | 他刚捐了一大笔钱 |
[02:24] | – How huge? – Let’s just say that | -多大一笔 -这么说吧 |
[02:26] | the program should be in his name now. | 这个项目现在该归到他名下了 |
[02:29] | The money came with an invitation. | 随着这笔钱而来的还有一封邀请 |
[02:30] | He wants to meet tomorrow, | 他明天想见面 |
[02:31] | so I thought I’d get a handle on him. | 我就想着我得好好了解他一下 |
[02:34] | Oh, my napalm is done curing. | 我的凝固汽油已经加工好了 |
[02:35] | Good luck with your new suitor. | 祝你跟你的新追求者有好运 |
[02:37] | It’s not every day one attracts the fancy | 可不是每天都有人能吸引到 |
[02:38] | of the eighth richest man in America. | 美国第八富豪的 |
[02:41] | Uh, try not to burn the house down. | 你可别把房子烧了 |
[02:51] | Hello, Mr. 246. | 你好 246号先生 |
[02:53] | – Is there a Mrs. 246? – Hmm, pass. | -请问你有246号夫人吗 -这个过 |
[02:56] | I couldn’t date a guy who has nicer legs than I do. | 我不能跟腿比我还好看的人约会 |
[02:58] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[03:00] | Where’s Isabel? | 伊莎贝尔呢 |
[03:01] | I thought we would have seen her by now. | 我以为到现在早该看到她了 |
[03:02] | I know she was trying to finish in under two hours. | 我知道她想在两小时内跑完的 |
[03:05] | I guess it’s tougher out there than she would have thought. | 我猜可能比她想象中的难吧 |
[03:08] | There she is! | 她来了 |
[03:11] | You got this! | 你能行 |
[03:12] | God, she looks awful. | 天 她看着状态好差 |
[03:13] | We would, too, after ten miles of trail running | 我们也会这样 如果我们经历了16公里的 |
[03:15] | and obstacle courses. | 越野和阻碍路跑 |
[03:17] | Come on, girl! You’re so close! | 加油 姑娘 你快到了 |
[03:19] | Go, go, go, go, go! | 冲冲冲 |
[03:21] | What-what’s happening? Why is she stopping? | 怎么了 她怎么停下了 |
[03:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:27] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:30] | – Is she still breathing? – I don’t know. | -她还在呼吸吗 -我不知道 |
[04:06] | Her name is Isabel Perez, she’s 27. | 她叫伊莎贝尔·佩雷斯 27岁 |
[04:09] | was 27. | 生前27岁 |
[04:11] | We were roommates. | 我们是室友 |
[04:13] | Can you think of anyone who would have wanted to hurt her? | 你能想到有谁想伤害她吗 |
[04:17] | Isabel worked in admissions at this ritzy private school | 伊莎贝尔在特里贝克区的一家顶级私校 |
[04:19] | in Tribeca, Saint Mark’s. | 负责招生 圣马可学校 |
[04:21] | She always took a lot of flak when rejection letters came out. | 当学校拒信出来时 她总是受到很多抨击 |
[04:24] | Angry parents. | 那些愤怒的家长 |
[04:25] | She’d get these insane voice mails. | 她会收到很多疯狂的语音留言 |
[04:28] | There were a few threats. | 里面有的会威胁她 |
[04:30] | She ever report them? | 她从没报警过吗 |
[04:31] | I don’t know. I don’t think so. | 我不知道 我觉得没有 |
[04:35] | I’ll check with the school; they might have kept track. | 我会和学校核实 他们也许有记录 |
[04:37] | If you think of anything else, you call this number, okay? | 如果你想到什么 就给我打电话 |
[04:42] | I have to go walk the course now. | 我要去走一遍赛道 |
[04:44] | We have to find where Isabel was attacked | 如果我们想找到凶手 |
[04:46] | if we’re gonna find the person who did this. | 就得找到伊莎贝尔的遇刺地点 |
[04:47] | You have any friends here, someone to drive you home? | 你有朋友能送你回家吗 |
[04:49] | Yeah. | 有 |
[04:51] | All right. | 好 |
[04:52] | U-Um, Detective. | 警探 |
[04:54] | There is no course. | 没有赛道 |
[04:57] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[04:58] | This is an adventure race. | 这是探险越野赛 |
[04:59] | It means there’s no set route. | 也就是说没有固定赛道 |
[05:02] | There’s a bunch of checkpoints all over the forest. | 森林里有一些检查站 |
[05:04] | The runners all start together, | 所有选手一起出发 |
[05:05] | but then they can go to the checkpoints in whatever order they want, | 但他们可以以任意顺序前往检查站 |
[05:08] | as long as they get to all of them | 只要他们在到达终点之前 |
[05:09] | before they reach the finish line. | 去过所有检查站就行 |
[05:11] | You’re telling me every inch of this forest is fair game? | 你是说整片森林都是比赛的场地 |
[05:14] | I think I heard it’s something like 3,000 acres. | 我听说这里有12平方公里 |
[05:17] | Finding out where Isabel was attacked could take days. | 找到伊莎贝尔的遇刺地点可能要几天 |
[05:19] | Happened in the Southwest corner of the park | 案发地点是在公园的西南角 |
[05:21] | near the edge of Richmond Pond. | 在里士满池塘附近 |
[05:26] | You gonna tell me how you know | 你是直接告诉我你怎么知道 |
[05:28] | where this girl was stabbed or am I supposed to guess? | 那女孩的遇刺地点的 还是让我猜 |
[05:30] | I examined Miss Perez’s body | 在你和她朋友谈话的时候 |
[05:32] | while you were talking to her friend. | 我检查了佩雷斯小姐的尸体 |
[05:34] | There was a smear of marsh mud on her left leg. | 她的坐腿上有一块沼泽泥的污渍 |
[05:36] | There was mud all over her body. | 她身上到处都是泥 |
[05:38] | Yeah, but most of that mud had dried. | 没错 但大部分泥都干了 |
[05:41] | The marsh mud above her left ankle was still damp. | 她左脚踝上的沼泽泥还是湿的 |
[05:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:45] | There are several bodies of water in the Greenbelt, | 绿地公园里有好几处水体 |
[05:47] | but only one of them is surrounded by marshland. | 但只有一个被沼泽包围 |
[05:50] | Richmond Pond. | 里士满池塘 |
[05:54] | Given that the marsh mud was the freshest muck on her body… | 由于沼泽泥是她身上最新鲜的污渍… |
[05:58] | We can assume the area around the pond | 我们可以假设池塘附近 |
[06:01] | – is where the attack went down. – Yeah. | -就是她的遇刺地点 -没错 |
[06:03] | She had a six-inch blade in her back. | 她背上插了一把15厘米长的刀 |
[06:05] | She couldn’t have made it far in that condition. | 在那种情况下她没法走太远 |
[06:07] | I’m not sure how likely it is we’ll find | 我不确定我们有多大几率能找到 |
[06:09] | the exact scene of the stabbing, but… | 她遇刺的确切地点 但是… |
[06:12] | Who knows, maybe we’ll find a creepy shack | 谁知道呢 也许我们会找到一栋 |
[06:14] | with a door off its hinges. | 门坏了的恐怖小屋 |
[06:17] | Yeah. Maybe. | 对 有可能 |
[06:35] | Got metal pots, copper coiling, propane tanks. | 这里有金属罐 铜管 丙烷罐 |
[06:39] | Looks like a bootleg distillery to me. | 看起来像一个非法酿酒厂 |
[06:41] | What’s left of one, anyway. | 像非法酿酒厂室的残骸 |
[06:45] | Well, it’s certainly a crime scene, but… | 这里肯定是犯罪现场 但是… |
[06:48] | I don’t think it was where Isabel was stabbed. | 我觉得伊莎贝尔不是在这里遇刺的 |
[06:50] | – No? – No. | -不是吗 -不是 |
[06:52] | There’s two distinct sets of footprints. | 这里有两组明显的脚印 |
[06:55] | But neither one of them is | 但都太大了 |
[06:56] | small enough to be hers. | 不会是她的 |
[06:58] | I doubt she was ever in here. | 我怀疑她从没进来过 |
[07:01] | Then I wonder whose blood that is. | 那我想知道那是谁的血 |
[07:05] | Someone else’s. | 是别人的 |
[07:07] | The knife in her back pierced only muscle. | 她背上的刀在插在了肌肉上 |
[07:11] | Didn’t sever any major arteries; | 没有切断任何主动脉 |
[07:12] | that’s why she was able to escape and make it to the finish line | 所以她才能逃走并在失血过多死亡前 |
[07:16] | before succumbing to her wounds. | 坚持跑到终点 |
[07:17] | This spatter is more consistent with… | 这种喷溅形状更符合… |
[07:20] | a shooting. | 枪击 |
[07:21] | Judging by the amount of blood, I’d say a fatal one. | 根据出血量判断 我觉得是致命的 |
[07:24] | So, someone gets shot here making moonshine or whatever, | 所以有人在这里偷偷酿酒时被枪杀了 |
[07:28] | Isabel runs by during the race… | 而伊莎贝尔在比赛中经过这里… |
[07:30] | Becomes a witness that the killer feels compelled to deal with. | 她成了目击证人 凶手要解决她 |
[07:33] | But he doesn’t shoot her. | 但他没有朝她开枪 |
[07:35] | He stabs her. That make sense to you? | 他用刀捅了她 你觉得这样说得通吗 |
[07:38] | I think we have to identify the first victim | 我觉得只有查明第一位死者的身份 |
[07:39] | before we’ve got a chance at solving anything. | 我们才有机会解开谜团 |
[07:42] | Well, we have to find them before we can identify them. | 我们得先找到死者才能确认身份 |
[07:48] | Dredge the pond and you will. | 把池塘抽干就能找到了 |
[07:51] | These marks were made when the shooting victim | 这些痕迹是那位枪击案死者 |
[07:53] | was dragged out of here. | 被拖出来时留下的 |
[07:54] | The heels of his shoes made them | 他的鞋跟留下了这些痕迹 |
[07:56] | before he was dumped in the water. | 然后他被扔进了水里 |
[08:02] | Looks like he was weighed down | 看起来他是被绑上大石头 |
[08:03] | with some big rocks. | 沉下去的 |
[08:05] | I can see where they used to be. | 我能看到石头原来在哪 |
[08:06] | I’ll get the scuba team out here. | 我把潜水小队叫过来 |
[08:09] | From search to social media | 从搜索引擎到社交媒体 |
[08:12] | to scientific research, | 再到科学研究 |
[08:14] | Odker is more than just a company. | 奥德克不只是一家公司 |
[08:17] | – Odker is your solution. – Ms. Watson? | -奥德克是你的解决方案 -华生小姐 |
[08:20] | You should get going. | 你可以走了 |
[08:21] | No, I don’t understand. I had an appointment. | 我不明白 我有预约 |
[08:24] | Am I at the wrong office? | 我来错办公室了吗 |
[08:25] | Is this the online search office | 这里是网上搜索办公室 |
[08:26] | and I’m supposed to be at the social media headquarters? | 而我应该去社交媒体总部吗 |
[08:28] | Oh, no, there’s no confusion. | 不 你没弄错 |
[08:30] | Odin’s expecting you offsite. Clark will drive you. | 奥丁在外面等你 克拉克开车带你去 |
[08:34] | Drive me where? | 开车带我去哪 |
[08:46] | Ah, Ms. Watson. | 华生女士 |
[08:48] | Thank you so much for coming out. | 非常感谢你出来见我 |
[08:49] | It’s my pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[08:51] | Sorry about the field trip. | 抱歉让你出来跑一趟 |
[08:53] | It’s just the only time I get any bandwidth these days | 这些日子 我唯一的空闲时间 |
[08:56] | is during my archery | 就是射箭的时候 |
[08:58] | and I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to meet. | 但我不想错过碰面的机会 |
[09:01] | Bow and arrow. | 弓和箭 |
[09:02] | That’s pretty lo-fi for a high tech guy. | 对于一个高科技人士来说相当原始了 |
[09:04] | Exactly. It’s primal. | 确实 这些都是原始工具 |
[09:07] | It settles the mind. | 能够让心灵平静 |
[09:09] | Some place for it. | 这个地方很棒 |
[09:12] | I made a donation to the Parks Department last year | 我去年给公园管理部门捐款了 |
[09:14] | and this is their way of saying thank you, I guess. | 我猜这就是他们表达感谢的方式吧 |
[09:18] | They gave you a park? | 他们给了你一座公园 |
[09:19] | Oh, for-for one hour a day. | 只是每天一个小时的使用时间 |
[09:21] | I really am grateful. | 我真的很感谢 |
[09:23] | I mean, the money that you put into | 你向枪支回购项目投入的资金 |
[09:24] | the buyback program is gonna go a long way. | 将会对我们大有帮助 |
[09:27] | I’ll confess, I’m a little skeptical | 我必须承认 |
[09:29] | about the gun buyback initiative. | 我对枪支回购还有丝疑虑 |
[09:31] | Not the goal, of course. Just the efficacy of it. | 当然不是怀疑目的 只是有点担心效率 |
[09:33] | Jury’s out, I’d say. | 不过一切都还是未知数 |
[09:35] | So, the donation you made was just to find out if they work? | 所以你捐款的目的是想知道它是否有效 |
[09:39] | No, it was to buy an introduction. | 不 只是想认识你们 |
[09:41] | And maybe earn a small favor. | 或许还需要你们帮一个小忙 |
[09:46] | I, uh, I have a problem. | 我 我有个麻烦 |
[09:50] | It’s well below your pay grade, I’m sure, | 我知道这种事肯定不值得你们出手 |
[09:52] | but I’m told that you and your partner are the best. | 但我听说你和你的搭档是最棒的 |
[09:55] | I’d be in your debt | 如果你们愿意抽时间帮我 |
[09:57] | if you could make time to help. | 我欠你们一个人情 |
[10:01] | Last week, my sister received a couple of letters. | 上周 我妹妹收到了几封信 |
[10:04] | Someone threatened to kidnap her daughter | 有人威胁她 如果我们不给钱 |
[10:07] | if we didn’t pay up. | 就要绑架她女儿 |
[10:09] | At first, I thought this was some kind of cruel prank. | 起初 我们以为这只是个恶作剧 |
[10:11] | I mean, normally you have to actually kidnap someone | 一般来说 你得先绑架了一个人 |
[10:14] | before you demand a ransom, | 然后再索要赎金 |
[10:15] | but then these showed up. | 接着就出现了这个 |
[10:22] | Is this your niece? | 这是你侄女 |
[10:23] | Abigail. She’s 16. | 阿比盖尔 她16岁 |
[10:25] | Whoever sent this knows where she hangs out, | 寄来这些的人知道她平常去哪儿玩 |
[10:27] | who her friends are. | 她朋友是谁 |
[10:28] | I want you and your partner to find out who sent this. | 我希望你和你的搭档找出是谁寄了这些东西 |
[10:33] | I have to ask: Why us? | 我必须得问 为什么找我们 |
[10:35] | I’m sure you have people on your staff | 我敢肯定你手下 |
[10:36] | who can handle this. | 一定有能够处理这些事的人 |
[10:37] | Yes, I do have good people on the payroll, | 是的 我手下确实有一些很厉害的人 |
[10:39] | but that’s the problem– | 但是这就是问题所在 |
[10:40] | You see, I think these threats came from someone | 我认为这些威胁 |
[10:43] | who works for me. | 来自为我工作的人 |
[10:45] | What makes you think that? | 你为什么会这么想 |
[10:47] | One of the letters referenced Abigail going to an equestrian camp. | 涉及阿比盖尔的信中有一封提到了马术训练营 |
[10:50] | Thing is, she’s never been to one. | 问题是 她从来没有去过训练营 |
[10:51] | I was thinking of surprising her for her birthday, | 我本想把这个当作她的生日惊喜 |
[10:54] | and I mentioned it at a company dinner a couple of weeks ago. | 几周前我在公司的一次会餐中提到过 |
[10:57] | The only people that knew | 唯一知道 |
[10:59] | I was thinking of sending her to that camp | 我打算送她去训练营的人 |
[11:01] | are the Odker employees who were there that night. | 就是那天晚上出席的奥德克内部员工 |
[11:04] | And my head of security is one of them. | 而我的安全部门主管也是其中一员 |
[11:06] | So you need an outsider. | 所以你需要一个外部的人 |
[11:08] | My niece is in real danger. | 我侄女正处于危险中 |
[11:10] | Her mother’s a wreck. I won’t rest easy | 她妈妈状态很糟糕 |
[11:12] | until this is settled. | 这事不解决我就无法放心 |
[11:14] | Can you help me? | 你们能帮我吗 |
[11:20] | How did it go with your billionaire admirer? | 和你的亿万富翁仰慕者的会面如何 |
[11:22] | Our billionaire admirer. | 我们的亿万富翁仰慕者 |
[11:24] | It turns out | 事实上 |
[11:26] | he knows all about us, and he wants to use us | 他很了解我们 |
[11:28] | to look into kidnapping threats against his niece. | 而且他想让我们调查她侄女的绑架威胁案 |
[11:30] | So these are the letters that he got. | 这些是他收到的信 |
[11:33] | – What did you say? – I said yes. | -你怎么回答 -我答应了 |
[11:35] | I mean, after the check he gave our foundation, | 鉴于他为我们基金会提供的支票 |
[11:38] | this is sort of the least we could do, no? | 这是我们应该做的 不是吗 |
[11:39] | I loathe that expression. | 我厌恶这种说法 |
[11:40] | The least one could do is always nothing. | 最应该做的就是什么也不做 |
[11:43] | Abigail’s family tree | 阿比盖尔的族谱 |
[11:45] | makes her an easy target for lowlifes and miscreants. | 让她很容易成为街头混混的目标 |
[11:47] | Any threat against her is more likely a haphazard shakedown | 任何对她的威胁很大可能只是随机敲诈勒索 |
[11:50] | than a legitimate risk. | 并不会涉及生命危险 |
[11:51] | It hardly seems worthy of our time. | 根本不值得我们浪费时间 |
[11:53] | You seriously don’t want to help? | 你真的不想帮忙 |
[11:54] | I’d like to know why you do. | 我想知道你为什么答应 |
[11:56] | And before you say the donation, it was certainly generous, yes, | 先别说捐款 我承认他是很大方 |
[11:59] | but the whole reason it’s called charity | 但是之所以称之为慈善 |
[12:00] | is because it requires no recompense. | 就是因为它不要求任何回报 |
[12:02] | Well, I think a relationship with Odin could be a good thing. | 我觉得跟奥丁打好关系可能有好处 |
[12:05] | And before you say it, I am not talking about sex. | 在你说之前 我先声明我说的不是性关系 |
[12:08] | I was gonna say it. | 我确实打算那么说 |
[12:09] | I’m thinking about our work. | 我考虑的是我们的工作 |
[12:11] | I mean, the guy is sitting on the most extensive trove | 这个人坐拥世界上 |
[12:13] | of private user data in the world. | 最丰富的私人用户数据 |
[12:15] | I mean, you don’t think that would be a nice resource | 你不觉得这对侦探来说 |
[12:17] | for a couple of detectives? | 是很有用的资源吗 |
[12:19] | How do you suggest we proceed? | 你觉得我们应该怎么做 |
[12:21] | He’s gonna let us into his offices late tonight. | 今天晚上他会让我们进入他的办公室 |
[12:23] | He thinks the threats are coming from someone inside Odker. | 他觉得威胁信来自奥德克内部员工 |
[12:26] | With a little luck | 能接触到所有人的电脑 |
[12:27] | and access to everyone’s computers, | 再有点好运气 |
[12:29] | we should be able to find out who. | 我们应该能找出那个人 |
[12:36] | Were the divers successful? | 潜水员成功了吗 |
[12:37] | Twice as successful as we thought they’d be. | 比我们想的还要成功两倍 |
[12:39] | They found two bodies. | 他们发现了两具尸体 |
[12:41] | Want to meet me at the morgue? | 要来停尸间跟我会和吗 |
[12:44] | Meet John Doe. Late 40s. Gunshot victim. | 无名男尸 近50岁 中枪身亡 |
[12:46] | Water damage makes it hard to nail down | 尸体浸泡在水里 所以很难确定 |
[12:48] | exactly when it happened, | 具体的案发时间 |
[12:49] | but I’m guessing sometime early this morning. | 但我猜是今天清晨 |
[12:52] | Well, there’s not much tissue damage | 弹孔周围没有太多 |
[12:53] | around the entry wound. | 组织破损 |
[12:55] | Must have been from a small caliber round. | 一定是把小口径的枪 |
[12:57] | Fired from something weak. | 火力也很弱 |
[12:59] | How about a single-shot Remington derringer? | 一把单发的雷明顿短筒手枪怎么样 |
[13:02] | Scuba team found it in the pond next to the bodies. | 潜水队在池塘底尸体边上发现的 |
[13:05] | Only holds one shot. | 只能装一发子弹 |
[13:07] | One shot. All guns should be Remington derringers. | 一发 所有枪都该是雷明顿短筒手枪 |
[13:10] | A relic from the 19th century; won’t be easy to trace. | 来自19世纪的古董 可能很难查到源头 |
[13:12] | I’m hoping we have better luck with him. | 我希望确认他身份会容易些 |
[13:14] | They’re running his fingerprints and dental records– | 他们在搜索他的指纹和牙医记录 |
[13:15] | if they’re in the system, we’ll have his name in a few hours. | 如果系统里有 几小时后我们就能知道他的名字 |
[13:18] | Any luck IDing the second victim? | 知道第二名死者的身份吗 |
[13:20] | Actually, yeah. | 确实知道 |
[13:21] | According to his collar, his name is Truffles. | 根据他的名牌所写 他叫德菲斯 |
[13:26] | I’m confused. | 我糊涂了 |
[13:27] | Are you saying the person that killed this man | 你是说杀死这人的凶手 |
[13:29] | also killed this pig? | 还杀了这头猪 |
[13:31] | Hog, actually. | 准确来说是阉猪 |
[13:32] | And I had doubts myself until I saw photos | 在看到打捞行动的照片前 |
[13:35] | of the recovery operation. | 我也满是疑虑 |
[13:37] | Both bodies were weighed down the same way. | 两具尸体是以同样的方式沉底的 |
[13:39] | Same rope. Same knots. | 一样的绳子 一样的绳结 |
[13:40] | Same heavy rocks from the edge of the pond. | 池塘边的石块也是一样 |
[13:43] | – Any bullet holes in it? – Nope. | -它身上有弹孔吗 -没有 |
[13:45] | So his demise wasn’t caused by the derringer. | 所以它不是被短筒手枪所杀 |
[13:47] | How did it die? | 那它是怎么死的 |
[13:49] | Working on it. | 正在查 |
[13:50] | Uh, we’re a little outside my area of expertise. | 这有点超出我的专业范畴了 |
[13:53] | Mine, too. | 我也一样 |
[13:53] | But you and I have dissected enough animal cadavers | 但我们在医学院的时候都解剖过 |
[13:56] | in medical school. | 很多动物尸体 |
[13:57] | Dilated pupils like this in a mammal could mean | 哺乳动物像这样瞳孔发散可能说明 |
[13:59] | that it was fed something toxic. | 它被下了毒 |
[14:01] | Already sent a blood sample to the lab. | 我已经送了份血样到实验室 |
[14:03] | Say you’re right. | 假设你猜的没错 |
[14:04] | Why would someone want to poison a hog? | 为什么有人要毒死一头阉猪 |
[14:06] | And why hide its body? | 还把尸体藏起来 |
[14:09] | So, a man in a forest, | 所以树林里有个人 |
[14:10] | and his hog, | 和他的阉猪 |
[14:11] | both killed at the same time. | 同时被杀 |
[14:13] | Unless we’re looking at the fallout | 除非这是世界上最恶心的 |
[14:14] | from the world’s most nauseating love triangle, | 三角恋所产生的后果 |
[14:17] | we have three victims, | 否则我们就有了三名被害者 |
[14:18] | two murder weapons… | 两个凶器 |
[14:19] | And zero motive. | 而动机全无 |
[14:29] | We got an ID on the man they pulled from the pond. | 我们查到池塘里打捞出来的死者身份了 |
[14:32] | His name was Reginald Henderson. | 他名叫雷金纳德·亨德森 |
[14:34] | He went by “Renny.” He was a bartender in Brooklyn. | 大家都叫他雷尼 在布鲁克林做酒保 |
[14:36] | We’re pretty sure that he owned the illegal distillery | 我们很确定马库斯和夏洛克发现的非法酿酒厂 |
[14:39] | that Marcus and Sherlock found. | 就是属于他的 |
[14:41] | He had an old arrest for selling moonshine. | 他因出售私酿威士忌曾被捕过 |
[14:43] | That’s why his prints were in the system. | 所以系统里有他的指纹 |
[14:47] | This his pig? | 这是他的猪 |
[14:49] | Hog. | 是阉猪 |
[14:51] | But yes. They found this photo in the shack. | 没错 他们在棚屋里发现了这张照片 |
[14:55] | Killing the guy’s pet… | 杀死一个人的宠物 |
[14:57] | Man, that just seems… mean-spirited. | 真够卑鄙的 |
[15:00] | Sherlock and I don’t think it was done out of spite. | 夏洛克和我认为这不是出于恨意 |
[15:02] | We think it was part of a larger plot. | 而是更大阴谋的一部分 |
[15:04] | CSU found trace amounts of ricin | 鉴证组在棚屋的一些破碎器具上 |
[15:07] | in some of the broken equipment in the shack. | 发现了蓖麻毒素的痕迹 |
[15:09] | The lab confirmed that it was the same toxin | 实验室确定跟毒死德菲斯的 |
[15:11] | that killed Truffles. | 是相同的毒素 |
[15:14] | The hog. | 这头阉猪 |
[15:16] | If this adds up to a larger plot, | 如果这背后还有更大的阴谋 |
[15:18] | I’m not seeing it. | 我真没看出来 |
[15:20] | We got a runner with a knife in her back, | 一个后背被捅了一刀的赛跑选手 |
[15:22] | a dead bootlegger and a poisoned animal. | 一名被杀的私酿酒走私犯和一头被毒死的动物 |
[15:25] | What am I missing? | 我漏掉了什么吗 |
[15:26] | I think the key | 我觉得关键 |
[15:27] | is the order in which they died. | 在于他们死去的顺序 |
[15:28] | So first it was Truffles, | 首先是德菲斯 |
[15:29] | then the bootlegger, | 然后是私酿酒走私犯 |
[15:30] | and then the runner. | 再然后是赛跑选手 |
[15:31] | It all started when Renny started making ricin in his distillery. | 一切都源于雷尼在他的酿酒厂里制作蓖麻毒素 |
[15:35] | You think he’s the one | 你觉得毒死他宠物的东西 |
[15:36] | who made the stuff that killed his pet? | 就是他制作的 |
[15:39] | He had the expertise | 他有专业技能 |
[15:40] | and the equipment. | 和相关设备 |
[15:41] | And it’s easy to extract toxins | 而且如果你熟悉酿酒的话 |
[15:43] | from castor beans if you’re used to making alcohol. | 从蓖麻中提取毒素是很容易的 |
[15:46] | Now, the question is, | 现在的问题是 |
[15:47] | was he forced to make it, or… | 他是受人逼迫 还是 |
[15:49] | was he working with the killer before he died? | 他生前和凶手是同伙 |
[15:51] | Either way, the killer tests the stuff out on Truffles. | 不管哪种情况 凶手在德菲斯身上测试了毒素 |
[15:54] | Probably at gunpoint. | 可能是用枪胁迫的 |
[15:55] | When he sees it works, he shoots Renny. | 确认毒素有用后 他就杀了雷尼 |
[15:58] | And that’s when Isabel Perez jogs by, catches him in the act. | 伊莎贝尔·佩雷斯就在这时跑过 目睹了一切 |
[16:01] | He only had one round in his gun, | 他枪里只有一发子弹 |
[16:03] | and he had already fired it. | 而且已经用掉了 |
[16:04] | So he attacks her with a knife. | 于是他用刀袭击了她 |
[16:09] | Why the weird old gun? | 为什么用这把奇怪的老式手枪 |
[16:11] | Probably because he had a record and couldn’t buy a gun legally, | 可能因为他有犯罪记录 不能合法购入枪支 |
[16:14] | so he used a family heirloom. | 所以用了家传的枪 |
[16:15] | We looking at Renny’s friends and associates? | 嫌犯是雷尼的朋友或同事 |
[16:17] | Turns out he had a fight with his boss | 一个月前他与他工作所在的酒吧老板 |
[16:19] | at the bar he worked at a month ago. | 发生过打斗 |
[16:21] | Marcus is already on his way there. | 马库斯已经过去了 |
[16:31] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[16:35] | Yo, bartender. | 酒保 |
[16:36] | In a minute. | 等下 |
[16:46] | I need to talk to your boss, Bo Willoughby. | 我要找你老板 博·威洛比 |
[16:47] | Can you get him for me? | 能叫他出来下吗 |
[16:49] | Sorry, Bo’s not here. | 抱歉 博不在这 |
[16:50] | He called in earlier, said he was taking a trip. | 他之前打电话来说他要去旅行 |
[16:52] | Kind of a last-minute thing. | 临时决定的 |
[16:54] | Three weeks ago, | 三周前 |
[16:55] | Bo got into a fight with another one of the bartenders here, | 博和这里一个酒保打了起来 |
[16:58] | Renny Henderson. | 雷尼·亨德森 |
[16:59] | You know what it was about? Yeah. | 知道是为了什么事吗 |
[17:01] | They’d both been drinking. | 他们都喝了酒 |
[17:02] | They got a little annoyed with each other. | 有点互看不顺眼 |
[17:04] | – It was nothing. – I’m not so sure about that. | -没什么 -我看不一定吧 |
[17:07] | Renny’s the reason I’m here. | 我就是为了雷尼的事来的 |
[17:08] | He was murdered this morning. | 今早他被谋杀了 |
[17:10] | – What? – That’s why I need to know more | -什么 -所以我要了解 |
[17:12] | about the fight he had with Bo. | 更多他跟博打架的细节 |
[17:18] | You want me to shut this place down? | 你想我关闭这间酒吧吗 |
[17:20] | Wouldn’t be a problem. | 不是什么难事 |
[17:22] | I didn’t really know Renny. | 我和雷尼不太熟 |
[17:23] | We weren’t friends or anything. | 我们不是朋友 |
[17:25] | But I know he had a side business making moonshine. | 但我知道他搞了个副业私自酿酒 |
[17:27] | It was good stuff. Bo would let him sell it here, | 是好东西 博让他在这卖 |
[17:30] | and they would share the profits. | 利润两人分 |
[17:31] | Artisanal moonshine? | 手工私酿吗 |
[17:33] | That day that they fought, Renny was ticked. | 他们打架那天 雷尼喝高了 |
[17:36] | He said Bo was taking too big a cut. | 他说博分的太多 |
[17:38] | They started swinging, the next thing you know, | 他们开始动手 接下来 |
[17:40] | the customers are calling the cops. | 顾客报了警 |
[17:41] | They stay mad, or was it settled? | 他们和好了吗 |
[17:43] | Bo fired Renny. | 博把雷尼炒了 |
[17:45] | Renny said Bo had better watch his back. | 雷尼说博最好自己小心点 |
[17:46] | That was the last time I saw Renny. | 那是我最后一次见雷尼 |
[17:49] | You need anything else? | 还需要什么吗 |
[17:51] | Yeah. Bo’s number. | 博的电话 |
[17:56] | I just heard from Marcus. | 我刚收到马库斯的消息 |
[17:58] | Looks like Renny’s boss could be our guy. | 看上去雷尼的老板可能是我们要找的人 |
[18:00] | His name is Bo Willoughby. | 他叫博·威洛比 |
[18:01] | He’s putting out a Finest Message. | 马库斯在准备发布通缉令了 |
[18:04] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[18:05] | I mean, I can see it’s a wine bottle. | 我知道那是个酒瓶 |
[18:08] | Yeah, the, uh, floor of Renny’s shack | 对 雷尼小屋的地板上 |
[18:10] | was covered in glass. | 布满了玻璃渣 |
[18:12] | I was studying a crime scene photograph, | 我在研究一张犯罪现场照片 |
[18:14] | and I noticed that some shards in the corner really stood out. | 我发现角落里的一些碎片格外显眼 |
[18:17] | I sifted those chunks out | 我从鉴证组收集的证物中 |
[18:18] | of the rest of the pile that CSU collected, | 把这些碎片筛了出来 |
[18:20] | and I could see why. | 就知道了原因 |
[18:21] | They’re older. Decades older, in fact. | 它们旧一些 事实上比其它早了几十年 |
[18:23] | So it’s an antique wine bottle? | 所以这是个古董酒瓶 |
[18:26] | Well, most of one. | 大部分是 |
[18:27] | The section where the label would be is missing, | 标签部分不见了 |
[18:29] | hence the modeling clay. | 因此我用黏土做了模型 |
[18:31] | So the killer took the label. Why? | 这么说凶手拿走了标签 为什么 |
[18:33] | Well, I’m hoping that’s a question… | 希望这个问题 |
[18:36] | we’ll be able to ask him ourselves. | 我们能亲自问问他 |
[18:39] | – You found a print? – Yeah. | -你找到指纹了 -是的 |
[18:42] | I can already tell from the swirl pattern | 从漩涡图案来看 |
[18:43] | that it’s not Renny Henderson’s. | 我已经可以排除雷尼·亨德森了 |
[18:45] | You said Marcus believes Bo Willoughby is a suspect. | 你说马库斯觉得博·威洛比是嫌犯 |
[18:48] | Well, he would have given his fingerprints | 他申请酒类营业执照时 |
[18:49] | when he applied for a liquor license. | 应该留过指纹 |
[18:50] | So I’ll tell Marcus he needs to | 我去告诉马库斯他得 |
[18:52] | procure Bo’s application for comparison. | 调出博的申请作比对 |
[18:56] | In the meantime, you and I are due at Odker. | 与此同时 你和我应该去奥德克了 |
[19:02] | Joan, thanks so much for coming. | 乔恩 非常感谢你们过来 |
[19:04] | – You must be Sherlock. – Yes. | -你一定是夏洛克了 -是的 |
[19:06] | I understand we’re here | 我知道我们是来 |
[19:07] | to find a quisling in your organization. | 找出你组织中的叛徒的 |
[19:09] | Probably one of my guys in the coding lab. | 可能是我代码实验室里的一个人 |
[19:10] | I was toasting them when I made the comments | 威胁信件中说到了一些 |
[19:12] | that showed up in those threat letters. | 我和他们敬酒时说的话 |
[19:14] | If not, you can check my head of security. | 如果不是 你们可以查查我的安保主管 |
[19:17] | He’s up in the C-suite. Sims. | 他是公司决策层的 西姆斯 |
[19:18] | Name’s on the door. | 门上有名字 |
[19:19] | Probably best to be gone by 4:00. | 你们最好在四点前离开 |
[19:21] | We have early risers here. | 我们公司有早起的人 |
[19:23] | You’re not staying? | 你不留下吗 |
[19:24] | Oh. No. | 不了 |
[19:26] | My autobiography says that the secret of my success | 我的自传上说我的成功秘诀 |
[19:29] | is “a dedicated spirit”– truth is, | 是”一种奉献精神” 事实上 |
[19:32] | that just tested well in focus groups. | 那只对某种人群有效 |
[19:34] | My real secret is eight hours’ sleep, | 我真正的秘诀是八小时睡眠 |
[19:36] | every night, no excuses. | 每晚如此 没有例外 |
[19:39] | You do what you have to here. | 你们该做什么就做什么 |
[19:41] | Whatever it takes to keep Abigail safe. | 只要能保阿比盖尔的平安 |
[19:45] | All right, we’ll call you in the morning with an update. | 好 我们早上打给你汇报进展 |
[19:48] | Not too early. | 不会太早 |
[19:54] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[20:02] | So, Matthew Yang is using pirated software | 马修·杨在用盗版软件 |
[20:04] | to cheat at online chess, | 在网上象棋比赛中作弊 |
[20:06] | and he illegally downloaded the last Sharknado movie. | 而且他非法下载了最新的《鲨龙卷》 |
[20:10] | Other than that, he’s clean. | 除此之外 他没问题 |
[20:12] | I’m ready to call it. We’ve looked at everyone. | 我打算收工了 我们查看了所有人 |
[20:15] | I think we go to Odin, and we tell him | 我想我们去找奥丁 然后告诉他 |
[20:17] | that we need to look at the waitstaff at the restaurant | 我们需要查查他谈起自己侄女时 |
[20:18] | where he talked about his niece, | 那间餐厅的服务员 |
[20:19] | because I don’t think anyone here | 因为我觉得这些 |
[20:21] | where he works is behind the threats. | 为他工作的人都不是幕后黑手 |
[20:24] | You might be incorrect. | 你可能错了 |
[20:32] | When did you find all this? | 你什么时候找到这些的 |
[20:34] | While you were watching Sharknado. | 当你在看《鲨龙卷》时 |
[20:35] | These are poker chips from an illicit cardroom | 这些是非法牌局或赌场里 |
[20:38] | or casino, judging by the poor quality. | 使用的扑克筹码 看这质量就知道 |
[20:41] | The occupant of this desk, | 这张办公桌的主人 |
[20:42] | Blake Tofel, is swimming in debt. | 布莱克·托弗 深陷债务 |
[20:49] | He’s also written a lot of big checks, | 他还写了很多大额支票 |
[20:51] | and none of them have his name on it. | 而且没有一个有他的名字 |
[20:53] | Now, what is Cashew LTD? | 腰果有限公司是什么 |
[20:55] | It appears to be an “S” corp | 看起来是一家空壳公司 |
[20:56] | that Mr. Tofel uses to hide his illicit gambling from the IRS. | 托弗先生用来瞒骗国税局他的非法赌博 |
[21:00] | Oh, there is a recent debit here for 75 grand. | 最近一笔借方入账是七万五千美元 |
[21:03] | I mean, I know Odker pays well, but… | 我知道奥德克薪水不错 但是 |
[21:05] | Exactly. This book appears to tell the story | 没错 这本书似乎讲述了 |
[21:08] | of a man with a gambling addiction. | 一个赌博成瘾之人的故事 |
[21:10] | I don’t imagine there’s anything in there | 我猜里面没有写 |
[21:11] | about him threatening his boss’s niece | 关于他威胁自己老板的侄女 |
[21:13] | and demanding a ransom. | 还索要赎金的事吧 |
[21:14] | No, but we both know | 没有 但我们都知道 |
[21:16] | that addiction can be like an organism. | 赌瘾就像一个有机体 |
[21:18] | It can fight to stay alive. | 它会拼命求生 |
[21:19] | Easy to imagine that if he ran out of money, | 不难想象如果他没钱了 |
[21:21] | he might go to great lengths to get some more. | 他很可能会大费周折去弄钱 |
[21:23] | I’m not ready to go to Mr. Tofel’s employer yet, | 我还不打算去找托弗先生的老板 |
[21:25] | but I think he’s worth a closer look. | 但我觉得得好好查查这家伙 |
[21:37] | Marcus! | 马库斯 |
[21:38] | Hey. Sorry to bother you so early. | 抱歉这么早打扰你们 |
[21:40] | Nonsense. Watson and I are bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. | 没有的事 华生和我精神抖擞清醒着呢 |
[21:42] | We ran the fingerprint you found on that antique wine bottle | 我们查了之前你在古董酒瓶上找到的指纹 |
[21:45] | and got a match, but it’s not the one we were expecting. | 有个匹配的 但和我们想的完全不同 |
[21:48] | In fact, I think the whole investigation | 事实上 我觉得整个调查 |
[21:49] | is moving in a new direction. | 都有了新方向 |
[21:51] | It wasn’t Bo Willoughby’s? | 不是博·威洛比的 |
[21:52] | No. He’s innocent. | 不是 他是清白的 |
[21:53] | We caught up with him up at a bachelor party | 我们昨晚在长岛的一个单身派对上 |
[21:55] | late last night on Long Island. | 找到了他 |
[21:57] | He told us he’d been there all weekend. | 他说自己整个周末都在那 |
[21:59] | He can prove as much? | 他能证明吗 |
[22:00] | Six different ways. | 能用六种方法证明 |
[22:01] | He didn’t kill anyone. | 他没杀人 |
[22:02] | Not yesterday morning, anyway. | 至少昨天早上没有 |
[22:04] | But the print you found, | 但你找到的指纹 |
[22:05] | that’s our new angle. Belongs to a guy named Todd Harris. | 是我们的新方向 属于陶德·哈里斯 |
[22:09] | He’s a wine dealer. Sells high-end stuff all over town, | 他是个葡萄酒商 在城里销售高档酒 |
[22:12] | including to Bo Willoughby’s bar. | 包括博·威洛比的酒吧 |
[22:14] | It stands to reason he would’ve known Renny Henderson. | 他很可能认识雷尼·亨德森 |
[22:17] | How did Mr. Harris run afoul of the law? | 哈里斯先生犯什么法了 |
[22:18] | Why are his prints in the system? | 他的指纹为什么在系统里 |
[22:19] | He was arrested for assault when he was 18. | 他18岁时因伤害罪被捕 |
[22:21] | Broke the victim’s arm in two places. | 把受害者的胳膊打成了三截 |
[22:24] | Well, sounds like someone who would kill two people and a hog. | 听上去像是会手刃两人一猪的狠人 |
[22:27] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪里 |
[22:28] | Hard to say. None of his clients have seen him in two days, | 不好说 他的客户都两天没见他了 |
[22:31] | but he’s about to hear from the NYPD. | 但纽约警局正打算拜访他一下 |
[22:33] | I’ll let you know how it goes. | 有情况我通知你们 |
[22:43] | Mr. Harris, open up. This is the police. | 哈里斯先生 开门 我们是警察 |
[22:47] | We’d like to talk with you. | 我们想和你谈谈 |
[22:54] | Something’s wrong. | 有事不对劲 |
[22:57] | Mr. Harris. Police. | 哈里斯先生 警察 |
[23:02] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[23:07] | Mr. Harris? | 哈里斯先生 |
[23:17] | We’ve got movement down here. | 下面有情况 |
[23:26] | Police! Don’t move. | 警察 不许动 |
[23:29] | Oh, man. | 天哪 |
[23:32] | This is Major Case to Central. | 重案组呼叫中心 |
[23:34] | I need a bus at 589 Sumpter Avenue in Brooklyn. | 派一辆救护车到布鲁克林桑普特大道589号 |
[23:37] | I have a male, mid-40s, | 四十多岁男性 |
[23:39] | victim of an apparent gunshot wound to the neck. | 颈部受枪伤 |
[23:41] | Put a rush on it, Central. This guy’s lost a lot of blood. | 帮我加急处理 中心 这家伙失血过多 |
[23:53] | Mr. Harris? I’m Detective Bell. | 哈里斯先生 我是贝尔警探 |
[23:55] | This is my colleague, Joan Watson. | 这是我同事 乔恩·华生 |
[23:57] | We’re with the NYPD. | 我们是纽约警局的 |
[23:59] | Your doctor told us that you were shot in the mouth. | 你的医生说你的嘴部中枪 |
[24:02] | The bullet broke your mandible and exited through your neck. | 子弹打碎了你的下颌骨 从脖子穿出 |
[24:05] | You’re lucky to be alive. | 你能活着已经很幸运了 |
[24:06] | We know your jaw’s been wired shut, | 我们知道你的下巴被打碎了 |
[24:09] | but we brought this to help you answer some questions. | 但我们带了这个帮助你回答些问题 |
[24:13] | You can just type, | 你可以打字 |
[24:15] | and the program will do the talking for you. | 系统会替你说话 |
[24:18] | You saved my life. | 你救了我的命 |
[24:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:22] | I’m just glad we found you when we did. | 我只是庆幸及时找到了你 |
[24:24] | You lost a lot of blood. | 你流了很多血 |
[24:27] | And look, if you’re not up to this, | 如果你没有准备好 |
[24:28] | we can come back later. | 我们可以之后再来 |
[24:32] | No. I want to help. | 不用 我想帮忙 |
[24:34] | Tell us what happened. | 告诉我们发生了什么 |
[24:37] | I was in bed. Tuesday. | 我当时在床上 那是星期二 |
[24:39] | There was a sound. Someone in the house. | 突然有个声响 有人进了房子 |
[24:43] | Before I even got up, | 我都没来得及下床 |
[24:44] | there was a shape, a man, over me. | 就看到一个影子 一个男人 看着我 |
[24:48] | He hit me. I got knocked out. | 他打了我 我晕过去了 |
[24:51] | So you never saw his face? | 所以你没看到他的脸吗 |
[24:57] | I woke up a few minutes later. | 我几分钟后醒来 |
[24:59] | He tied me up, blindfolded. | 他把我绑了起来 蒙住了眼 |
[25:02] | We were in the basement. | 我们在地下室 |
[25:04] | I could hear him looking through my wine racks. | 我可以听到他翻找我的葡萄酒架 |
[25:06] | He was mad. He couldn’t find what he wanted. | 他很生气 他找不到他想要的 |
[25:10] | He talked to you? | 他跟你说话了吗 |
[25:12] | Yes, but I didn’t know his voice. | 是的 但我不认识他的声音 |
[25:15] | I didn’t know who he was. | 我不知道他是谁 |
[25:17] | He wanted my Baptiste. | 他想要我的巴普蒂斯特 |
[25:20] | Is that a wine? | 那是葡萄酒吗 |
[25:23] | Chateau Baptiste. It’s French merlot. | 巴普蒂斯特城堡 法国品牌 |
[25:27] | He wanted my Baptiste ’57. | 他想要我57年的巴普蒂斯特 |
[25:31] | He started yelling. “Where is it?” | 他开始喊叫”在哪里” |
[25:33] | I told him I had three bottles in a locked cabinet. | 我告诉他在锁上的柜子里有三瓶 |
[25:36] | We saw those cabinets down there. | 我们在那里看到了那些柜子 |
[25:38] | Is that where you keep the good stuff? | 你的好东西都放在那里吗 |
[25:43] | Looks like he left everything else in there. | 看起来他把其他的都留下了 |
[25:45] | So that was the only wine he wanted? | 所以他只想要那一种酒吗 |
[25:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:49] | He took it and put a gun in my mouth. | 他拿走后把枪放进我嘴里 |
[25:52] | When he shot, I thought I was dead. | 当他开枪后 我以为我死了 |
[25:55] | I don’t know when I woke up, but he was gone. | 我不知道我多久之后醒来的 但他走了 |
[25:59] | I was still tied up. | 我还被绑着 |
[26:01] | Everything hurt. | 全身都疼 |
[26:03] | It was torture. But then you found me. | 那简直是折磨 但你们找到了我 |
[26:06] | I can’t thank you enough. | 我太感谢你们了 |
[26:09] | Don’t thank us yet. We still need to find this guy. | 别急着谢我们 我们还没找到那人 |
[26:12] | And we will. | 但我们会的 |
[26:15] | Got to think that that guy was shot | 很有可能枪击那个人的 |
[26:17] | by the same person | 跟杀掉 |
[26:18] | who killed Renny Henderson and Isabel Perez. | 雷尼·亨德森和伊莎贝尔·佩雷斯的是同一人 |
[26:20] | Ballistics already confirmed that the bullet | 弹道检验已经证实了 |
[26:22] | that came out of his neck was fired | 从他脖子出来的子弹 |
[26:24] | from a Remington derringer. | 来自一把雷明顿短筒手枪 |
[26:25] | Thing is, if he got robbed on Tuesday night, | 问题是 如果他在星期二晚被打劫 |
[26:28] | that means he was the first victim. | 那就意味着他是第一个受害人 |
[26:29] | The other two got killed the next morning. | 其他两人是第二天早上被杀的 |
[26:31] | The antique bottle that Sherlock put together, | 夏洛克复原的那个古董瓶 |
[26:33] | it has to be the same bottle | 一定就是杀手 |
[26:35] | that the killer stole, right? | 偷走的那个 对吧 |
[26:36] | I mean, he wanted to lace it with the ricin that Renny made. | 他想要加入雷尼做的蓖麻毒蛋白 |
[26:39] | That’s why he took the label with him when he fled. | 所以他在逃跑时会拿走商标 |
[26:40] | He didn’t want anyone catching on. | 他不想要任何人了解真相 |
[26:42] | Question is, why did it have to be Chateau Baptiste ’57? | 问题是 为什么只要57年的巴普蒂斯特 |
[26:45] | Why not one of Harris’s other bottles? | 为什么哈里斯的其他酒不行 |
[26:47] | Think I should put it out to the media, | 我想我应该告诉媒体 |
[26:49] | ask them to alert all the bars and restaurants in the city. | 让他们警告城里所有的酒吧与餐馆 |
[26:51] | They need to hold off on serving any of the stuff | 他们应该暂时停止供应任何此类酒水 |
[26:53] | until we figure this out. | 直到我们调查清楚 |
[26:55] | No telling where the poisoned bottles might pop up, | 不知道有毒的酒会在哪里出现 |
[26:57] | so better safe than sorry. | 所以安全第一 |
[26:59] | I don’t think they’re gonna pop up just anywhere. | 我觉得它们不会再随便什么地方出现 |
[27:01] | I think I know exactly who the killer wants to poison. | 我想我知道杀手究竟想要毒谁 |
[27:06] | I’ll get a location on this guy. | 我去调查这个人目前所在 |
[27:07] | We can go alert him together. | 我们可以一起去警告他 |
[27:09] | I’ll let Sherlock know. | 我去告诉夏洛克 |
[27:13] | Watson, excellent timing. I have news. | 华生 正是时候 我有新消息 |
[27:15] | So do I. I’m at the hospital with Marcus right now. | 我也是 我现在和马库斯在医院 |
[27:18] | If you don’t mind, I’m in the middle of burglarizing | 如果你不介意 我正在进行盗窃 |
[27:20] | – a criminal’s lair, so… – What? | -一个罪犯的巢穴 所以 -什么 |
[27:22] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[27:23] | Banking associate of mine who traced | 我在银行的线人追踪到了 |
[27:25] | Tofel’s accounts found rent payments | 托弗的账户 发现他在特里贝克地区 |
[27:27] | for a walk-up in Tribeca. | 租了一个无电梯公寓 |
[27:28] | And you thought it’d be a good idea to break in there? | 然后你觉得闯进去是个好主意吗 |
[27:31] | Well, no, I thought I would find evidence | 不 我觉得我可以找到证据 |
[27:33] | that Tofel authored the letters threatening Odin’s niece, | 证明是托弗写的那封威胁要绑架奥丁侄女的信 |
[27:36] | but instead I found a private cardroom that he maintains. | 但我却找到了他运营的一个私人牌屋 |
[27:39] | That’s where the poker chips came from. | 就是那扑克筹码的源头 |
[27:41] | It seems he’s less degenerate gambler | 看起来他不太像是堕落的赌徒 |
[27:44] | and more poker host. | 更像是扑克主持 |
[27:45] | So there’s nothing to connect him to the letters? | 所以那里没有能将他与信联系起来的线索吗 |
[27:47] | No. In fact, I no longer think | 不 实际上 我不再认为 |
[27:49] | he had anything to do with it. | 他与那事有任何关系 |
[27:50] | It seems that his side business is doing quite well. | 看起来他的副业做得很不错 |
[27:52] | He’s actually up on the year. | 他今年甚至收益提高了 |
[27:54] | That sort of blows our motive. | 这就否定了我们认为的动机 |
[27:56] | The man writes | 这人为 |
[27:57] | dynamic programming algorithms for Odker. | 奥德克编写动态规划算法 |
[27:59] | We shouldn’t be surprised that blackjack | 我们不应该惊讶黑杰克 |
[28:01] | hasn’t proven so vexing as to bankrupt him. | 没有足够的能力让他破产 |
[28:04] | We’ll have to go back to the drawing board. | 我们得回去重新规划 |
[28:06] | Well, we’ll have to break the bad news to Odin later. | 我们得等下再告诉奥丁这个坏消息了 |
[28:08] | Right now we have to ruin a different rich guy’s day. | 现在我们要去毁掉另一个富人的一天 |
[28:11] | – You ever heard of Jason Wood? – No. | -你听说过詹森·伍德吗 -没有 |
[28:13] | Well, he’s the chief investment officer at Grant Capital, | 他是格兰特资本的投资总监 |
[28:15] | and I believe he is the target | 我认为他是这次 |
[28:17] | of this ricin wine plot. | 蓖麻毒蛋白毒酒的目标 |
[28:20] | It’s got to be one of these Occupy people, right? | 一定是那帮占领华尔街的人干的 |
[28:23] | None of them can stand the fact | 他们谁都受不了 |
[28:24] | that someone else has worked hard | 有人比他们努力 |
[28:26] | – and has more than they do. – H-Hon, slow down. | -赚得比他们多 -亲爱的 等一下 |
[28:28] | No one’s said a word yet about who wants to kill me or why. | 没人说到有人要杀我 或是为什么要杀我 |
[28:31] | To be honest, Mrs. Wood, | 说实话 伍德太太 |
[28:32] | we’re not ready to speculate about motive at all. | 我们根本没有做好推测动机的准备 |
[28:35] | Then why are you so sure Jason’s at risk? | 那你们为什么那么肯定杰森有危险 |
[28:38] | Because we already know the murder weapon they want to use. | 因为我们已经知道他们打算使用的凶器 |
[28:40] | It’s a bottle of Chateau Baptiste ’57. | 是一瓶1957年的巴普蒂斯特 |
[28:42] | – That’s my favorite wine. – We know. | -那是我最喜欢的红酒 -我们知道 |
[28:44] | In fact, anyone who’s searched you | 事实上 任何在网上查过你 |
[28:46] | or Chateau Baptiste online knows. | 或查过巴普蒂斯特酒的人都会知道 |
[28:48] | “For years, Mr. Wood has snapped up | “多年来 纽约只要出现 |
[28:50] | “every bottle of Baptiste ’57 | “巴普蒂斯特酒的拍卖 |
[28:52] | “that’s come up for auction in New York. | “伍德先生必然拍下 |
[28:53] | “And while other collectors | “当其它收藏者 |
[28:54] | “stash their prizes in the cellar, | “在酒窖里将其视若珍宝的时候 |
[28:56] | the banking superstar confesses he drinks every bottle.” | “这位银行业巨头承认自己已喝光了所有藏品” |
[28:59] | Whoever wants you dead, | 无论谁想要你死 |
[29:01] | we’re thinking they read this and a light bulb went off. | 我们认为他们读了这篇文章之后有了灵感 |
[29:05] | Someone’s out there poisoning Baptiste? | 有人在巴普蒂斯特里下毒 |
[29:07] | With ricin. | 用蓖麻毒素 |
[29:08] | It’s cost two people their lives so far. | 目前已导致两人丧命 |
[29:10] | Another man was shot through the neck. | 还有一个人被射穿了脖子 |
[29:13] | The killer seems hell-bent on getting a poisoned bottle | 凶手似乎一心要在你面前 |
[29:15] | of that particular vintage in front of you. | 摆一瓶有毒的葡萄酒 |
[29:18] | Do you have any idea who that might be? | 你能想到可能是谁吗 |
[29:20] | I mean, I help run one of the biggest hedge funds in the world. | 我帮忙运作世界上最大的对冲基金 |
[29:23] | People wanting me dead, it kind of comes with the job. | 有人想要我命 是这个职业注定的 |
[29:25] | Nobody stands out? | 没人有明显嫌疑吗 |
[29:27] | I get at least one death threat every quarter. | 我每刻钟都能收到至少一个死亡威胁 |
[29:29] | Two or three if we kick off a merger | 如果我们启动并购导致下岗的话 |
[29:31] | that leads to labor force contractions. | 那就每刻钟两到三起 |
[29:34] | You mean, when you cost thousands of people their jobs? | 你说的是几千人下岗的那种吗 |
[29:38] | You haven’t bought any Chateau Baptiste recently, have you? | 你最近没买过巴普蒂斯特吧 |
[29:41] | No. | 没有 |
[29:42] | But I was planning on it. | 但我打算买来着 |
[29:44] | There’s a wine auction in Chelsea tonight. | 切尔西今晚有一场红酒拍卖会 |
[29:45] | Corinna and I were gonna pick up a few bottles. | 我和科林娜要去买几瓶 |
[29:47] | I guess that’s out. We can nix the babysitter. | 看来是不行了 我们可以不用叫保姆了 |
[29:49] | On the contrary. | 正相反 |
[29:50] | We’d very much appreciate it | 我们非常希望 |
[29:51] | if the two of you would be our guests this evening. | 二位能够做我们的客人 |
[29:59] | I know Kevlar isn’t a breathable fabric, | 我知道凯芙拉纤维不透气 |
[30:01] | but if you could stop adjusting yourself, that’d be great. | 但如果你不动来动去就太好了 |
[30:04] | I can’t believe I agreed to this. | 真不敢相信我竟然同意了 |
[30:06] | I can’t believe you suggested it. | 更不敢相信你提出了这种建议 |
[30:08] | Relax. Tonight’s lot was checked and secured | 放松 拍卖公司两周之前 |
[30:10] | by the auction house two weeks ago. | 就排查了今晚的展台 |
[30:12] | Now, if this guy’s plan is gonna work, | 如果这个人想要得逞 |
[30:14] | he’s gonna have to slip his bottles into the mix tonight. | 他必须今晚把自己的酒混进来 |
[30:16] | But if you’re not here… we’ll miss our chance. | 但如果你不来的话 我们就没机会了 |
[30:20] | I don’t see anyone over there. | 我看那边没有人 |
[30:23] | We’re the only ones even going near the Baptiste lot. | 我们是唯一靠近了巴普蒂斯特展台的 |
[30:25] | No one’s even bidding. | 连出价的人都没有 |
[30:27] | Stop looking. Just give him privacy | 别看了 给他点空间 |
[30:28] | so he can slip in his poisoned bottles. | 好让他把酒瓶混进去 |
[30:31] | Once he makes his move, the police will jump on it. | 一旦他行动了 警方就会抓现行 |
[30:39] | Keith, you got eyes on the target? | 基斯 你看见目标了吗 |
[30:41] | We got a little group crowding our view of Lot 49. | 有一小撮人挡住了我们49号展台的视线 |
[30:44] | Give me the signal if you see action. | 如果你看到有人行动了给我个信号 |
[30:50] | You know, in my line of work, | 干我们这一行的 |
[30:51] | we try to minimize risk and exposure. | 我们试图把风险和曝光都降到最低 |
[30:54] | That’s exactly why we’re here. | 这正是我们来这里的原因 |
[30:56] | To get the guy who wants you dead off the street. | 抓住想害你性命的人 |
[30:58] | Minimize your risk. | 把你的风险最小化 |
[31:00] | They why do I feel like I have a giant bull’s-eye on my chest? | 那为什么我觉得我胸前挂了一个巨型靶心 |
[31:03] | Even if you did, | 就算你有靶心 |
[31:04] | the chances are he wouldn’t be able to hit it. | 他也没有击中的机会 |
[31:06] | We think he disposed of his only weapon in a pond. | 我们认为他已经把唯一的武器丢到池塘里了 |
[31:09] | Not to mention the fact that he’s gone to great lengths | 更不用说他已经远远地 |
[31:10] | not to shoot you. | 超出了射击范围 |
[31:12] | It suggests the appeal of this little scheme is anonymity. | 这说明这个小计划的吸引力就在于其匿名性 |
[31:15] | Wait. Wh-What do you mean? | 等一下 什么意思 |
[31:17] | He means that the killer probably doesn’t think | 他的意思是说凶手并不认为 |
[31:19] | he can shoot you and get away with it. | 开枪打你还能逃脱 |
[31:20] | Poisoning wine that you like, on the other hand, | 而在你喜欢的酒里面下毒的话 |
[31:22] | wine that anyone here tonight could have bought, | 而且还是今天在场的人都可能买的酒 |
[31:25] | it would have seemed more random. | 会让行凶看起来像随机案件 |
[31:26] | It would have made it more difficult for police to identify him. | 也会让警方难以查出他的身份 |
[31:29] | It also affords him time to get away. | 还能给他逃跑的时间 |
[31:31] | By the time you’re choking to death on your own vomit, | 你被自己呕吐物呛到窒息而死的时候 |
[31:33] | he could be on another continent. | 他可能已经逃到别的大陆了 |
[31:36] | Anyone ever tell you two your bedside manner sucks? | 有人说过你们对待病人的态度很差劲吗 |
[31:40] | Just look for people you recognize. | 找找你们能认出来的人 |
[31:42] | Employees. Corporate rivals. | 员工 商业对手 |
[31:44] | Any threats at all. | 任何威胁 |
[31:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[31:55] | Looks like we lost the signal from the cameras. | 看起来我们没有摄像头的信号了 |
[31:58] | We got to see the floor, man. | 我们得盯着场子 兄弟 |
[32:00] | How long will it take to get them back? | 大概要多久能恢复 |
[32:01] | I got to do this one at a time. | 我只能一次弄一个 |
[32:03] | This venue’s not a bank, you know? | 这里可不是银行 |
[32:04] | This is just a temporary setup for this event. | 这只是为了这次活动临时安装的 |
[32:06] | We’re wireless here. | 我们这是无线的 |
[32:07] | Well, if we can’t turn all the cameras back on at the same time, | 如果我们无法同时打开所有摄像头 |
[32:10] | how did they all go off at the same time? | 它们怎么能同时关闭呢 |
[32:12] | Well, the rest of the power’s still on, so, uh… | 其他电源都是开着的 所以… |
[32:15] | I don’t know, signal jammer? | 我不知道 或许是信号干扰 |
[32:19] | Radio check. Someone say “copy.” | 无线电检查 谁回复一下”收到” |
[32:21] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[32:22] | It is a jammer. | 就是干扰器 |
[32:35] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[32:36] | When we arrived here this evening, | 我们今晚到达这里时 |
[32:37] | I made small marks on the labels of the bottles of Baptiste ’57. | 我在57年的巴普蒂斯特瓶身的标签上都做了标记 |
[32:41] | When we passed by three minutes ago, | 三分钟前我们经过这里时 |
[32:42] | everything was as I had left it. | 一切都还和我布置的一样 |
[32:43] | Now two of the bottles are missing their marks. | 现在有两瓶酒的标记消失了 |
[32:47] | He must have made the switch. How did… | 他肯定掉包了 怎么… |
[32:49] | We have a problem. | 我们遇到问题了 |
[32:50] | All the cameras are down, and somebody jammed the signal. | 所有摄像头都不能用了 有人干扰了信号 |
[32:52] | It’s because they were ready to make the switch. | 因为他们准备好掉包了 |
[32:53] | Just a moment ago. | 就在刚刚 |
[32:55] | He’s still got to be here. | 他肯定还在这 |
[32:56] | I mean, this space is huge, | 这地方这么大 |
[32:58] | and with this crowd, he can’t just sprint for the exit. | 还有这么多人 他不可能直接逃离 |
[33:00] | Please lock the room down, now. | 立刻封锁大厅 |
[33:02] | We need to keep him here with us. | 我们需要把他留在这里 |
[33:03] | You want me to risk spooking the killer | 你想让我冒着打草惊蛇的风险 |
[33:04] | and then trap him in here with a hundred people? | 把杀手和上百人困在一起吗 |
[33:06] | Do you want to catch him or not? | 你到底想不想抓到他 |
[33:09] | Keith! Seal the exit. | 基斯 封锁出口 |
[33:12] | Ladies and gentlemen, I’m Detective Marcus Bell, NYPD. | 各位 我是纽约警局的马库斯·贝尔警探 |
[33:16] | Sorry to ruin your evening, but this is a police matter– | 抱歉打扰你们的夜晚 但这是警方事务 |
[33:19] | I need you all to remain calm. | 我需要你们都保持冷静 |
[33:21] | This room just became a crime scene. | 这个大厅刚刚成为了犯罪现场 |
[33:30] | Signal jammer that knocked out the security cameras, | 信号干扰器破坏了监控摄像头 |
[33:32] | it was in a potted plant. | 它被放在盆栽里 |
[33:33] | Killer smuggled it in, flipped it on | 杀手溜进来开启了它 |
[33:35] | when he was ready to make the swap. | 让他成功完成了掉包 |
[33:37] | Did CSU find any prints? | 鉴证组找到指纹了吗 |
[33:39] | No. They’re not optimistic we’ll be able to pull one | 没有 他们也不认为能在杀手下毒的酒里 |
[33:41] | off the poisoned bottles he planted, either. | 找到指纹 |
[33:43] | Any luck with the guests? | 宾客排查有结果吗 |
[33:44] | An impressive cross section of Manhattan’s elite. | 曼哈顿精英们的完美聚集 |
[33:46] | I reckon half of them are capable of homicide. | 我相信他们中一半人都有能力杀人 |
[33:49] | Nobody jumps out for the murders we’ve been looking into? | 我们在调查的谋杀没有明显嫌疑人吗 |
[33:51] | Jason and Corinna said they don’t recognize anyone here. | 詹森和科林娜说他们没认出任何人 |
[33:54] | Then we got nothing. We have to let these people go. | 我们一无所获 只能把这些人放走 |
[33:57] | I’m convinced the killer is in this room with us. | 我确信杀手一定在这个房间里 |
[34:00] | You might be right… | 你或许是对的 |
[34:01] | – Might? – I’m aware of your track record, | -或许 -我了解你的追踪记录 |
[34:03] | but knowing he’s here and proving it are two different things. | 但知道他在这里和证明他在这里是两码事 |
[34:05] | The folks in this room | 屋子里的人 |
[34:06] | have half the New York Bar Association on retainer. | 占据纽约酒吧联盟的半壁江山 |
[34:08] | I can’t detain them indefinitely | 我不能无限期地把他们留在这里 |
[34:10] | until we can tie someone to the crime. | 除非我们能把某人和罪行联系起来 |
[34:12] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:24] | Wait. | 等等 |
[34:26] | It’s him. | 就是他 |
[34:27] | I know you. | 我认得你 |
[34:28] | You’re the bartender, Colby, right? | 你是那个酒保 科尔比 |
[34:30] | Didn’t recognize you without the beard and the hat. | 没戴帽子和胡子 之前没认出你 |
[34:33] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[34:34] | I like wine. Is that a crime? | 我喜欢酒 这也是犯罪吗 |
[34:36] | No. But murder, conspiracy and animal cruelty are. | 不 但谋杀和阴谋还有虐待动物是犯罪 |
[34:39] | The knots on his shoes, they’re figure eight packer’s knots. | 他鞋带的打结方式 符合八封结的特征 |
[34:41] | Rarely seen outside the meat industry. | 在肉品工业外很少见到 |
[34:43] | Your father a butcher? | 你父亲是屠夫吗 |
[34:45] | They’re identical to the knots used to tie rocks | 把石头绑在雷尼·亨德森和猪身上 |
[34:47] | to Renny Henderson and his hog to make him sink in Richmond Pond. | 让他们沉入里士满池塘的就是这种结 |
[34:49] | They look like the bindings | 它们看着也像 |
[34:51] | that were around Todd Harris’s hands, too. | 用来绑陶德·哈里森双手的绳结 |
[34:53] | – You might as well have signed your crimes. – Come on. | -你还不如给自己的犯罪签上名呢 -拜托 |
[34:56] | You think I’m a criminal because of my shoelaces? | 你觉得我是罪犯 就因为我的鞋带 |
[34:58] | Actually, mate, knot forensics have been used | 哥们儿 其实结法学在很多案件中 |
[35:00] | to identify the culprits in many cases, | 都被用来认定罪犯身份 |
[35:02] | all of them prosecuted successfully, | 全都成功起诉 |
[35:04] | as I’m certain yours will be. | 我相信你的案子也会 |
[35:10] | So, this fella, | 这个家伙 |
[35:12] | he breaks into Todd Harris’s home, | 他闯入了陶德·哈里斯的家 |
[35:13] | steals his wine, shoots him, | 偷了他的酒 开枪打了他 |
[35:16] | takes the bottles to Renny Henderson. | 然后把瓶子带给雷尼·亨德森 |
[35:18] | Forces him to make ricin, | 逼着他制作蓖麻素 |
[35:19] | tests it on Renny’s pig, which kills the pig. | 先用雷尼的猪试验 害死了猪 |
[35:22] | He kills Renny, too. | 又把雷尼给杀了 |
[35:23] | Then he kills Isabel Perez to cover it up | 然后他又杀了伊莎贝尔·佩雷斯来掩盖真相 |
[35:25] | just so he could fail to poison his actual target. | 到最后他却没能毒到他的真正目标 |
[35:27] | He had a busy week. | 他这周很忙 |
[35:30] | Someone should have told this idiot | 有人应该告诉这个笨蛋 |
[35:31] | there are simpler ways to kill a man. | 有更简单的方法杀人 |
[35:34] | Maybe not if you’re hoping to get away with it. | 也许没有 如果你想逃脱制裁的话 |
[35:37] | His plan wasn’t complicated; | 他的计划并不复杂 |
[35:38] | it was deliberately designed to obscure his involvement. | 就是要故意设计来模糊他的参与行为 |
[35:41] | He would inevitably be the prime suspect | 他对伍德夫妇的任何直接攻击 |
[35:43] | in any direct attack on the Woods. | 都会让他不可避免地成为首要嫌疑人 |
[35:45] | – Why is that? – Because he’s been obsessed | -为什么 -因为他暗恋 |
[35:47] | with Corinna Wood for a long time. | 科林娜·伍德很久了 |
[35:49] | Ever since high school, in fact. | 从高中就开始了 |
[35:50] | They grew up in Montana together, | 他们在蒙大拿一起长大 |
[35:52] | and he followed her to New York. | 他又跟着她来到了纽约 |
[35:54] | He was arrested for stalking her. | 他曾因跟踪她而被捕 |
[35:55] | He served five years for that and an unrelated weapons charge. | 他因此事及一项不相干的武器指控而服刑了五年 |
[35:59] | You were right– | 你是对的 |
[36:00] | that’s why he couldn’t get his hands on a decent weapon. | 所以他不能用一件像样的武器 |
[36:03] | While he was inside, | 他在里面的时候 |
[36:04] | he read that Corinna had got married, | 在报上读到科琳娜结婚了 |
[36:06] | and that outraged him. | 那让他出离愤怒 |
[36:07] | She was his and his alone. | 她是他的 只属于他 |
[36:09] | But how was he gonna get rid of her interloping spouse? | 可他要如何除掉她那插足的配偶呢 |
[36:13] | Inspiration struck when he found out that Corinna’s new husband | 灵感出现了 他发现科琳娜的新任丈夫 |
[36:16] | had a taste for Chateau Baptiste ’57. | 喜欢57年的巴普蒂斯特 |
[36:18] | Well, if the wife knew the guy, | 如果那妻子认识他 |
[36:19] | how come she didn’t recognize him at the auction? | 她在拍卖会上怎么会没认出他来 |
[36:21] | Because the last time she saw him, he was 200 pounds heavier. | 因为她上次见他时 他比现在重两百磅 |
[36:25] | He lost all the weight in prison. | 他在监狱瘦了不少 |
[36:29] | Always inspiring to see a convict using their time productively. | 看到罪犯有效地利用时间总是令人振奋 |
[36:32] | Perhaps this time around, he’ll write the Great American Novel. | 也许这次他能写出伟大的美国小说呢 |
[36:35] | I suppose he’ll have the rest of his life to figure it out. | 我想他得花一辈子出去探究了 |
[36:44] | “When an archer misses the center of the target, | “射者发而不中 |
[36:46] | “he turns around and looks for the cause of his failure within himself.” | “反求诸己而已矣” |
[36:50] | I like Confucius as much as the next guy, | 我也很喜欢孔夫子 |
[36:52] | but sometimes the wind blows. | 只是有时候起风确实不能怪自己 |
[36:55] | If you have a moment, | 如果你有时间 |
[36:56] | we’d like to discuss the matter of your niece, Mr. Reichenbach. | 我们想谈谈你侄女的事 赖兴巴赫先生 |
[36:59] | Oh, you can call me Odin. All my friends do. | 你可以叫我奥丁 我朋友都这么叫我 |
[37:01] | I haven’t decided if we’re going to be friends. | 我还没想好我们会不会成为朋友 |
[37:04] | We came to tell you that Abigail is safe. | 我们是来告诉你阿比盖尔很安全的 |
[37:07] | Well, that is a relief. | 那我就放心了 |
[37:09] | So… who sent the kidnapping threats? | 那么…是谁发出的绑架威胁 |
[37:12] | There is no kidnapping threat. Never was. | 没有什么绑架威胁 从来没有 |
[37:15] | Watson and I vetted every Odker employee | 华生和我仔细查了你提供的名单上 |
[37:17] | on the list of suspects that you gave us. | 所有的奥德克员工 |
[37:19] | None of them sent any letters. | 他们都没发过任何信件 |
[37:21] | We visited your sister this morning– | 我们今早去拜访了你妹妹 |
[37:23] | we told her that we hit a wall and asked her | 我们称自己撞上了南墙 |
[37:25] | if she could think of anyone close to her | 问她是否能想到有什么亲近的人 |
[37:26] | that might have sent the threats. | 可能发出了那些威胁 |
[37:28] | Maybe they didn’t come from inside Odker after all. | 也许它们根本不是来自奥德克内部的 |
[37:31] | She had no idea what we were talking about. | 她完全不知道我们在说什么 |
[37:33] | Said she never received any threats. | 她说自己从未收到任何威胁 |
[37:35] | You sent us on a wild goose chase; we’d like to know why. | 你让我们白费力气 我们想知道为什么 |
[37:39] | It was a test. | 这是个测试 |
[37:40] | You passed. | 你们通过了 |
[37:42] | Our renown as detectives | 我们作为侦探的赫赫名声 |
[37:43] | is the reason you hired us in the first place. | 正是你一开始会雇用我们的原因 |
[37:46] | So testing our skills is completely unnecessary. | 所以测试我们的技能是完全没有必要的 |
[37:49] | It wasn’t your skills I was testing. | 我测试的不是你们的技能 |
[37:51] | It was the two of you. | 而是你们两个人 |
[37:54] | I told you my niece was in danger, | 我说我侄女有危险 |
[37:56] | and you did everything in your power to help her. | 你们尽了能力内的一切努力去帮她 |
[37:59] | Everything. Whether it was legal or not. | 一切 不管是否合法 |
[38:02] | You don’t know what steps we took. | 你并不知道我们采取了那些行动 |
[38:03] | I do. | 我知道 |
[38:04] | You solicited an illegal search of my employee’s bank records. | 你请求了一次对我员工银行记录的非法搜索 |
[38:08] | You broke into his home. | 你闯进了他家 |
[38:09] | You broke more than a dozen laws. | 你触犯了数十条法律 |
[38:11] | Don’t worry, you’ve nothing to fear from me. | 别担心 不用怕我 |
[38:13] | Right now, I’m on your side. | 现在 我是你们这边的 |
[38:15] | I’d do anything to protect an innocent person. | 我愿意做任何事去保护无辜的人 |
[38:18] | It’s an impulse I think we share with someone | 这是种动力 我想你们最近认识的一个人 |
[38:20] | you’ve apprehended recently. | 也有着相同的动力 |
[38:22] | Patrick Meers. | 帕特里克·米尔斯 |
[38:27] | We were looking for the people he was working for. | 我们在找他上头的人 |
[38:29] | You’re one of them, aren’t you? | 你是其中之一 对吧 |
[38:31] | You’ve been laboring under the misconception | 你们一直在做无用功 |
[38:33] | that Patrick is some sort of terrorist. | 因为你们误以为帕特里克是某种恐怖分子 |
[38:35] | That’s not true. In fact, I’d call him a patriot. | 不 事实上 我会称他为爱国者 |
[38:37] | The world could use more people like him. | 这世界需要更多像他那样的人 |
[38:39] | In fact, I’d like to think | 实际上 我认为 |
[38:41] | I’m looking at two of them right now. | 现在我面前就站着两位 |
[38:44] | Our friend was shot and almost killed, | 我们的朋友被枪击 还差点送了命 |
[38:46] | and you just admitted you were behind it. | 而你刚承认了你是幕后主使 |
[38:47] | I didn’t tell Patrick Meers to kill your captain. | 我没让米尔斯杀掉你们的警监 |
[38:50] | He made a mess. | 他搞砸了 |
[38:51] | He made his own decisions about cleaning it up | 他自作主张决定要抹除后患 |
[38:53] | and I am very sorry for it. | 我为此深表歉意 |
[38:55] | Sorry enough to admit your involvement to the NYPD? | 你的歉意足以让你去纽约警局承认自己涉事吗 |
[38:58] | All I did | 我所做的 |
[38:59] | was tell Patrick what I’d learned about Tim Bledsoe. | 只是把蒂姆·布莱索的事告诉了帕特里克 |
[39:03] | I had reason to believe that an army veteran | 我有理由相信一位退伍军人 |
[39:05] | with his psychological makeup | 以他的心理构成 |
[39:07] | would take steps to avoid a tragedy, and he did. | 会采取行动去避免惨案发生 他确实做了 |
[39:09] | What happened next was also tragic, but… | 接下来发生的事也很悲惨 但 |
[39:12] | …I am a practical man, | 我是个务实的人 |
[39:14] | and 200 lives were saved. | 有两百条性命得救了 |
[39:15] | I’d like to talk about that. | 我想聊聊这个 |
[39:18] | We speak with murderers on a regular basis, Mr. Reichenbach. | 我们经常跟杀人犯对话 赖兴巴赫先生 |
[39:21] | Do you imagine any of them | 你能想象他们有任何人 |
[39:22] | convinced us of their righteousness? | 曾用他们的正义成功说服我们吗 |
[39:25] | Perhaps you should consider the possibility | 也许你们该考虑下 |
[39:27] | that I am not the kind of man you deal with on a regular basis. | 也许我并不是你们经常对付的那种人 |