时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Still don’t understand why you wouldn’t let Lin sell this place. | 我还是不明白你为什么不让琳把这房子卖掉 |
[00:05] | This was more than just our home for six years. | 这里可不单是我们住了六年的家 |
[00:07] | This was our laboratory. | 这还曾是我们的实验室 |
[00:08] | Our sanctum sanctorum. | 我们的圣所 |
[00:09] | So when are you gonna tell Sherlock? | 所以你准备什么时候告诉夏洛克 |
[00:11] | – Tell him what? – That you aren’t happy in London. | -告诉他什么 -你在伦敦过得不快乐 |
[00:13] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[00:14] | I know you want her here. I want her here, too. | 我知道你想她留在这 我也想 |
[00:17] | It doesn’t mean that she belongs here. | 但这不代表她属于这里 |
[00:19] | Don’t pack. Stay. | 别收拾了 留下吧 |
[00:20] | It could be good for you. | 这样也许对你有好处 |
[00:21] | You said in London that you missed it here. | 你在伦敦时说过你想念这里 |
[00:23] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[00:24] | I could stay, too. | 我也可以留下 |
[00:25] | I’m here to surrender myself. | 我是来自首的 |
[00:26] | My name is Sherlock Holmes. | 我叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[00:28] | I’m wanted for the murder of Michael Rowan. | 我是迈克·罗温被杀一案的通缉犯 |
[00:36] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[00:39] | I’m Assistant Director Eagen. | 我是助理局长伊根 |
[00:41] | Yes, I, uh… I am aware. | 是的 我知道 |
[00:44] | I did, after all, request you, specifically. | 毕竟 是我特别要求你来的 |
[00:46] | Ten hours ago, I might add. | 应该说 是十小时前了 |
[00:48] | I was beginning to think your underlings | 我都开始怀疑你的属下 |
[00:49] | hadn’t delivered my message. | 没有帮我传消息了 |
[00:51] | You’re lucky I’m here at all. | 我能来就算你走运了 |
[00:53] | Confessed killers don’t usually get to demand an audience | 认罪的杀人犯们一般没机会要求 |
[00:56] | with the head of the New York field office. | 让纽约外勤办公室的头来当观众 |
[00:59] | And yet, you came. | 但你还是来了 |
[01:01] | Mr. Holmes, you’re wanted for the murder of Michael Rowan. | 福尔摩斯先生 你因迈克·罗温一案被通缉 |
[01:05] | As I understand it, | 据我所知 |
[01:06] | you understood you’d be arrested for that murder, | 你知道只要你再次踏入美国境内 |
[01:08] | should you ever step foot in the United States again. | 就会因这个案子而被捕 |
[01:11] | So this is how it’s gonna go. | 所以接下来是这样 |
[01:13] | You said you had a statement | 你说你有话说 |
[01:15] | that you could only deliver to me? | 但只对我说 |
[01:17] | Let’s have it. | 咱们开始吧 |
[01:19] | Then we’ll get you downstairs for processing, | 然后我们会送你去楼下开始流程 |
[01:21] | and you can call an attorney. | 你可以叫律师 |
[01:23] | No. | 不用了 |
[01:24] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[01:26] | Shortly before you came in, | 在你来之前不久 |
[01:27] | the electromagnetic whine in that camera stopped. | 那个摄像头里的电磁鸣叫声停了 |
[01:31] | I can also tell that there’s no one behind that mirror. | 我也知道没人在那面镜子后面 |
[01:34] | The fact that you’ve ensured our privacy tells me | 从你保证了我们的隐私这点看 |
[01:36] | that you know I am Morland Holmes’s son. | 你知道我是莫兰德·福尔摩斯的儿子 |
[01:40] | – Why would that matter? – One of the side effects | -这又怎么了 -过去一年 |
[01:42] | of spending the last year in proximity to my father | 在我父亲身边的副作用之一是 |
[01:45] | is that I became more aware of his business dealings. | 我更了解他的生意往来了 |
[01:48] | For instance, I learned that he once bribed | 例如 我知道了他曾贿赂过 |
[01:51] | an assistant director of the FBI. | 联邦调查局里的一位助理局长 |
[01:55] | In exchange for his generosity, | 作为对他的慷慨的回礼 |
[01:57] | you agreed not to look into an illicit real estate deal | 你同意不去调查一处违法不动产交易 |
[02:00] | which had come up in an unrelated investigation. | 而这场交易被卷入了一起无关的调查里 |
[02:03] | I’m sure that your superiors | 我相信你的上司 |
[02:05] | would be interested to know that. | 会很想知道这些 |
[02:07] | And they would easily find proof of the transaction | 而且他们会很容易找到交易证据 |
[02:09] | should they receive a tip. | 如果他们接到别人线报的话 |
[02:13] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[02:14] | A personal matter requires that I stay in New York for a while. | 我因个人事务需要留在纽约一段时间 |
[02:19] | The charges against me need to go away. | 我身上的指控必须消失 |
[02:21] | So in a moment, you’re going to walk out of the room, | 所以很快 你就要走出这个房间 |
[02:23] | and you’re going to release me on my own recognizance. | 然后让我在自己的担保下被放走 |
[02:26] | The FBI will then issue a statement | 联调局接着要发出一份声明 |
[02:28] | saying it made a mistake. | 说自己搞错了 |
[02:30] | You’ve realized | 你们发现 |
[02:31] | that I provided a false confession | 我当时提供的是一份虚假的认罪 |
[02:34] | in a misguided attempt to protect my partner, | 为了保护我的搭档 |
[02:37] | who is also innocent. | 而她同样也是无辜的 |
[02:39] | In particular, you will ensure that the NYPD | 另外 你要确保纽约警局 |
[02:43] | appreciates the gravity of your error. | 知道你们错误的严重性 |
[02:45] | Any shadow of suspicion over myself or Ms. Watson | 任何对我本人或华生小姐的怀疑 |
[02:49] | must be gone. | 都必须消除 |
[02:51] | You do know you’d be exposing | 你知道你这也是在 |
[02:52] | your father to criminal charges, too. | 揭露你父亲的罪证吧 |
[02:55] | He can take it. | 他受得了 |
[02:57] | Can you? | 你行吗 |
[03:06] | This is a nightmare. | 这简直是噩梦 |
[03:08] | I have a buyer flying in from Abu Dhabi today. | 我有个买家今天要从阿联酋飞来 |
[03:11] | That’s a 14-hour flight. | 14小时的长途飞行 |
[03:12] | I can’t exactly tell him to turn around. | 我不能叫他转身回家 |
[03:14] | He’s three-quarters of the way here. | 他还差四分之一就到这里了 |
[03:15] | Mr. Balfour, I swear, nothing like this | 巴尔福先生 我发誓 这种事 |
[03:17] | has ever happened before. | 从未发生过 |
[03:18] | And how does that help me? | 这话能帮到我什么 |
[03:20] | I paid your people to move the sculpture | 我花钱让你们把这雕像 |
[03:22] | from my storage unit into the showroom | 从我的仓库搬到陈列室 |
[03:24] | so I could present it to my buyer. | 这样我可以给我的买家看 |
[03:26] | That is an original Lance Petra. | 那可是原版的兰斯·派特拉 |
[03:29] | Do you have any idea how much it’s worth? | 你知道这值多少钱吗 |
[03:32] | Nothing. | 不值钱 |
[03:34] | Nothing is what it’s worth now. | 它现在一文不值了 |
[03:35] | Meanwhile, the fuel that my buyer is burning coming here | 同时 我的买家来这里要花的油钱 |
[03:38] | costs more than what you make in a year. | 比你一年赚的都多 |
[03:41] | I wanted to go to the Harlem storage place, but no. | 我本想去哈莱姆仓库的 但是不行 |
[03:44] | The buyer needed to be near the airport. | 买家要求离机场近一点 |
[03:47] | 14-hour flight, and he can’t just drive into the city. | 飞了14个小时 他不能再开车进城 |
[03:50] | Call your boss! | 给你的老板打电话 |
[03:51] | I have been trying, but he hasn’t answered. | 我一直在打 但他没接 |
[03:53] | I will try him again right now. | 我现在再打一个 |
[03:54] | First thing that you tell him when he picks up? | 等他接电话你要说的第一件事 |
[03:57] | Your insurance here better be astronomical. | 就是你们的保险金额最好是天文数字 |
[04:19] | Virgil? | 维吉尔 |
[04:59] | “Virgil Gwinn.” | 维吉尔·戈文 |
[05:02] | He was our New York site manager. | 他是我们在纽约的现场经理 |
[05:05] | And you’re his boss? | 你是他的老板吗 |
[05:07] | I oversee all of Krypsona’s locations | 我统管科瑞普索纳 |
[05:09] | in Europe and the U.S. | 欧洲和美国的所有仓库 |
[05:14] | You sure it’s him? | 你确定这是他吗 |
[05:15] | A scar on his hand. | 他手上有一道伤疤 |
[05:17] | Loading dock incident some months ago. | 是几个月前卸货时受的伤 |
[05:21] | So if this was an accident, it’s not the facility’s first. | 所以如果这是意外 那不是仓库第一次出事 |
[05:25] | Have I done something to offend you, Mr. Holmes? | 我冒犯到你了吗 福尔摩斯先生 |
[05:27] | You said on the phone that you required assistance | 你在电话里说你有个麻烦 |
[05:29] | with a problem. | 需要帮助 |
[05:31] | I wouldn’t be here at all | 如果不是你跟我父亲有交情 |
[05:32] | were it not for your relationship with my father. | 我根本不会出现在这里 |
[05:34] | Had you mentioned that your problem was a corpse, | 如果你当时提到你的麻烦是一具尸体 |
[05:38] | I would have said, “No. Call the police.” | 我会跟你说”不 快报警” |
[05:42] | You’re familiar with the nature of our business? | 你了解我们这行的本质吗 |
[05:44] | Yeah. Krypsona is a storage facility for the rich and shady. | 知道 科瑞普索纳是富人和罪犯的仓库 |
[05:48] | You qualify as a foreign-trade zone, | 这里的认证是对外贸易区 |
[05:50] | meaning as long as the items | 也就是说只要货物 |
[05:51] | coming into the country remain here, | 进入美国后一直待在这里 |
[05:54] | they are considered outside the purview of U.S. Customs, | 它们就不受美国海关的监管 |
[05:57] | subject to neither inspection nor import tax. | 不用检查也不用交进口税 |
[06:00] | And such a designation attracts a clientele of art smugglers, | 这种地方吸引了各种艺术品走私贩 |
[06:03] | tax evaders and money launderers. | 逃税和洗钱的人 |
[06:05] | Our clients have secrets. | 我们的客户有秘密 |
[06:08] | We offer discretion. | 我们保护他们周全 |
[06:11] | And should this turn into a homicide investigation, | 如果这种周全要变成凶案调查 |
[06:13] | you might prefer to give them a heads-up, would you? | 你最好提前提醒他们 不是吗 |
[06:22] | Didn’t your security system capture what happened? | 你们的监控系统拍到什么了吗 |
[06:25] | Uh, we looked when the body was found. | 我们发现尸体就去看了监控录像 |
[06:28] | Our system was shut off for some reason last night. | 昨晚系统因为某些原因关闭了 |
[06:33] | You didn’t think that was worth mentioning? | 你不觉得这种事值得提一下吗 |
[06:34] | Well, I was hoping it wasn’t related. | 我本希望这两件事无关 |
[06:37] | Virgil Gwinn was probably hoping not to be murdered. | 维吉尔·戈文还希望自己不被谋杀呢 |
[06:40] | Murdered. You’re certain? | 谋杀 你确定吗 |
[06:48] | Wool, matching that of Gwinn’s suit. | 羊毛 跟戈文的西服匹配 |
[06:52] | Whatever happened last night, it didn’t start in here. | 不管昨晚发生了什么 都不是从这里开始的 |
[07:33] | That is a dental crown | 这是个牙冠 |
[07:35] | belonging to Mr. Gwinn. | 是戈文先生的 |
[07:41] | He was attacked here, | 他是在这里遇袭的 |
[07:43] | and then carried into the showroom, | 然后被带到展示厅 |
[07:44] | where his death was staged to look like an accident. | 在那里 他的死被布置成了一场意外 |
[07:47] | Do you plan to treat my clients as suspects? | 你想把我的客户当成嫌疑犯吗 |
[07:50] | Everyone’s a suspect. Your employees are suspect. | 所有人都有嫌疑 你的员工也有嫌疑 |
[07:52] | You’re a suspect. | 你也有嫌疑 |
[07:54] | Wha… I called you. | 什么…是我给你打的电话 |
[07:56] | You wouldn’t be the first killer | 以前也有凶手叫我来 |
[07:56] | to bring me in out of pure swank. | 只是单纯地为了炫耀 |
[07:58] | A retired colorman once did so | 一位退休的染色师就这么做过 |
[08:00] | after asphyxiating his wife and her lover. | 他让他妻子和她的情人窒息而亡 |
[08:02] | I found them in a well in his garden. | 我在他花园的井里找到了他们 |
[08:04] | That being said, on a fundamental level, | 话虽这么说 但从基本层面来讲 |
[08:06] | Krypsona is a facility where valuables are stored, | 科瑞普索纳是存放贵重物品的地方 |
[08:08] | and Mr. Gwinn was charged with protecting them. | 而戈文先生的责任是保护它们 |
[08:11] | And I’m sure the NYPD | 我相信纽约警局 |
[08:12] | will want to determine if anything is missing, | 会想要确认有没有东西遗失 |
[08:14] | in case he was killed during a theft. | 以防他是在行窃事件中死亡的 |
[08:16] | You’re contacting them now? | 你在联系他们吗 |
[08:18] | No. I’m contacting my partner. | 不 我在联系我的搭档 |
[08:20] | She’ll call them. | 她会给他们打电话的 |
[08:22] | As far as anyone need know, you called looking for me, | 如果有人问 你就说你打电话找我 |
[08:25] | but you found her instead, all right? | 但你只找到了她 好吗 |
[08:28] | And I suppose they’ll want a list of our clients’ names? | 我想他们会让我提供客户名单吧 |
[08:31] | – Yeah. – Well, I can’t give them one. | -对 -我不能给 |
[08:33] | I’m contractually forbidden. | 合同禁止我这样做 |
[08:35] | Well, in that case, you’ll be given a court order, | 那样你就会收到法院的命令 |
[08:37] | absolving you of any need for confidentiality. | 你就不用保密了 |
[08:39] | Now, before the police get here, | 在警察来之前 |
[08:40] | I need copies of all of this facility’s security video. | 我需要这里全部的监控录像 |
[08:44] | The killer might have avoided the cameras last night, | 凶手也许昨晚躲过了摄像头 |
[08:47] | but who knows what I’ll find on previous days? | 但万一我能在以前的录像里找到什么呢 |
[09:03] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[09:04] | Up here! | 我在楼上 |
[09:15] | All the furniture’s back. | 所有家具都回来了 |
[09:17] | While you and Marcus were at Krypsona, | 你和马库斯在科瑞普索纳的时候 |
[09:18] | I took the liberty of having our things delivered from storage. | 我让仓库把我们的东西送回来了 |
[09:21] | I was only gone a few hours. | 我只去了几个小时 |
[09:22] | You think I would hire slow movers? | 你觉得我会找动作慢的搬家工吗 |
[09:25] | My only quibble is damage to some of the cables. | 只有一些线缆受损了 |
[09:28] | Our belongings are the tools of our trade, Watson. | 我们的财产就是我们干活的工具 华生 |
[09:30] | We need them to do our work. | 我们需要它们才能工作 |
[09:32] | Because, apparently, we’re taking cases now. | 显然我们现在开始接案子了 |
[09:34] | A dead body came over our transom. | 一具尸体出现在我们面前 |
[09:36] | I decided not to throw it back. | 我不能置之不理 |
[09:39] | Speaking of which… | 说到这个… |
[09:40] | It’s like you said. | 就像你说的那样 |
[09:41] | Virgil Gwinn’s death looks like a homicide. | 维吉尔·戈文的死看起来像谋杀 |
[09:43] | Eugene thinks that his neck was broken | 尤金认为他被雕像砸中之前 |
[09:46] | before he was crushed under the sculpture. | 脖子就已经断了 |
[09:48] | The killer wanted it to look like an accident. | 凶手想让这看起来像意外 |
[09:50] | And Krypsona’s shadowy client list? | 那科瑞普索纳见不得人的客户名单呢 |
[09:51] | Marcus got a court order. They handed it over. | 马库斯拿到了法院命令 他们提供了名单 |
[09:54] | So he’s been calling each of the clients | 所以他给所有客户都打了电话 |
[09:55] | to see if police can inspect their units. | 问他们能不能让警察搜查仓库 |
[09:57] | So far, no one is cooperating. | 目前没人愿意配合 |
[09:59] | As predicted. | 不出所料 |
[10:00] | He also posted unis at the facility. | 他还让警员把守仓库 |
[10:03] | So if anyone tries to get into their unit without the police, | 如果有人想逃过警方进入仓库 |
[10:05] | they’ll be stopped and we’ll hear about it. | 他们就会被拦下来 我们会得到消息 |
[10:07] | How about you? | 你这边怎么样 |
[10:08] | Anything interesting in the footage? | 录像有什么有意思的吗 |
[10:10] | Many things. Or rather, many non-things. | 有很多情况 但都没什么意思 |
[10:13] | The night of Gwinn’s murder is not the first time | 戈文死的那天晚上不是第一次 |
[10:15] | someone tampered with the security system at Krypsona. | 有人篡改科瑞普索纳的监控系统 |
[10:18] | I’ve found gaps in the footage going back over a year. | 我发现过去一年的录像里有时间间隔 |
[10:20] | So we’re looking at a string of break-ins. | 所以这是一系列非法闯入 |
[10:22] | Last night was the first time they caught on? | 昨晚是他们第一次被抓到 |
[10:24] | It’s got to be an inside job, right? | 这应该是内部作案 对吧 |
[10:25] | That’s how they’re turning off the cameras. | 所以他们才能关掉摄像头 |
[10:27] | Either that, or the killer was a professional | 要么是内部作案 要么就是凶手很专业 |
[10:28] | with the right expertise. | 有专业技术 |
[10:29] | I’m still reviewing the footage, so… | 我还在看录像 所以… |
[10:31] | It’s too soon to say. | 现在还不好说 |
[10:35] | So, now can we talk about why | 我们现在能谈谈你为什么 |
[10:36] | you didn’t get on a plane to London yesterday? | 昨天没有坐飞机回伦敦吗 |
[10:39] | Change of heart. | 我改变主意了 |
[10:40] | I thought you and I both agreed | 我以为我们已经说好了 |
[10:41] | that you can’t stay here. The FBI… | 你不能留在这里 联调局… |
[10:43] | They’re already aware of my presence. | 他们已经知道我在这里了 |
[10:46] | Turned myself in yesterday. | 我昨天去自首了 |
[10:50] | Wha…? | 什么… |
[10:52] | What if your plan backfired? | 如果你的计划失败了呢 |
[10:54] | – What if they arrested you? – They didn’t. | -如果他们逮捕你呢 -他们没有 |
[10:56] | – Why risk it? – Because questions still remain | -为什么要冒险 -因为警监的事 |
[10:58] | about what happened to the captain. | 还有很多疑问 |
[11:00] | Patrick Meers was not acting alone. | 帕特里克·米尔斯还有同伙 |
[11:01] | Someone or some group were pulling his strings. | 某个人或某个团伙在操纵他 |
[11:04] | We both know I can’t return to London | 我们都知道他们还逍遥法外 |
[11:06] | with things as they are, | 我就不能回伦敦 |
[11:07] | and we can’t investigate properly with me slinking about. | 我不能偷偷摸摸地进行调查 |
[11:12] | What’s the latest on the captain? | 警监现在怎么样 |
[11:13] | He’s stable. | 情况稳定了 |
[11:15] | I mean, he still has to be intubated, though, | 他还是得插着管子 |
[11:17] | so they’re keeping him sedated. | 所以他们给他用了镇静剂 |
[11:23] | It’s Marcus. One of Krypsona’s clients | 是马库斯 科瑞普索纳的一位客户 |
[11:25] | has agreed to let the police inspect his unit. | 同意让警方检查他的仓库 |
[11:28] | I’ve been invited to join. | 他邀请我去参加 |
[11:30] | We appreciate you helping us out, Mr. Cutler. | 我们很感激你的协助 卡特勒先生 |
[11:36] | Seems like a lot of the renters here aren’t keen | 这里的租客们看起来都不是很想 |
[11:38] | on the police looking through their stuff. | 让警察看他们的东西 |
[11:40] | I have got nothing to hide, Detective. | 我没什么好隐瞒的 警探 |
[11:43] | Can I ask why | 我能问问你为什么 |
[11:44] | you keep your coins in a foreign trade zone? | 要把你的硬币放在对外贸易区吗 |
[11:46] | I picked most of them up in other countries, | 它们大部分都是我从国外买来的 |
[11:49] | and they’re worth a lot of money. | 而且它们很值钱 |
[11:51] | Most of them are gold. | 大部分都是金的 |
[11:52] | If I never bring them through Customs, | 如果我不把它们带进海关 |
[11:54] | then I don’t have to declare them. | 我就不用申报它们 |
[11:56] | It’s perfectly legal. | 这是完全合法的 |
[11:58] | I-I’m not a criminal. I’m just cheap. | 我不是罪犯 我只是想省钱 |
[12:01] | And it’s just as easy to admire them here as it is at home. | 而且在这里欣赏它们就像在家一样容易 |
[12:06] | Some of the locks have been picked on these cases. | 这些柜子上的某些锁被撬开过 |
[12:09] | You can see the scratches. | 能看到痕迹 |
[12:15] | Over here, too. | 这里也是 |
[12:17] | Someone pried these open. | 有人把它们撬开过 |
[12:19] | Probably with a screwdriver. | 也许是用螺丝刀 |
[12:20] | Got to think the perp was our doer, right? | 这个罪犯可能是我们的凶手 对吗 |
[12:22] | He was ripping off these storage units | 他在这些仓库里翻箱倒柜时 |
[12:24] | when the site manager caught him in the act. | 被现场经理抓了个现行 |
[12:26] | Do us a favor, Mr. Cutler, | 帮我们个忙 卡特勒先生 |
[12:28] | and write us up a list of everything you find missing. | 给我们写一份遗失物品清单 |
[12:31] | I’d be happy to, except so far, everything’s here. | 我很乐意 但是目前为止什么都没丢 |
[12:35] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[12:36] | I’ll have to go through it all, | 我得仔细检查一遍 |
[12:37] | but from what I can see, nothing’s missing. | 但据我目前来看 什么都没丢 |
[12:41] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这没道理啊 |
[12:42] | I mean, even if you don’t know anything about coins, | 就算你对硬币一无所知 |
[12:44] | you can see that these are worth stealing. | 你也能看出来它们值得偷 |
[12:46] | And given the number of locks that were picked, | 再加上被撬开的锁的数量 |
[12:48] | whoever broke in here stuck around for a while. | 进来的人在这里待了很久 |
[12:51] | So why go through all that trouble and not take anything? | 为什么费这么大劲却什么都不拿呢 |
[13:07] | Thanks for the lift. | 多谢你送我回来 |
[13:09] | Yeah. Hey, any chance you have a printer set up inside? | 没事 你那里有打印机吗 |
[13:14] | Supposed to meet Chantal at a comedy club in 20 minutes, | 我二十分钟后要去喜剧俱乐部见香特尔 |
[13:17] | and I forgot to print our tickets off the website. | 但我忘记从网站上打印我们的票了 |
[13:19] | It’d save me from stop somewhere else and miss half the show. | 这样我就不用找地方打印 错过半场表演了 |
[13:23] | Um, well, just tell me the site’s address, | 把网站地址告诉我 |
[13:25] | and I’ll print them out. You can wait here. | 我进屋给你打印 你可以在这等 |
[13:26] | I would, but it’s probably gonna take me a dozen tries | 我是可以在这等 但我大概需要好几回 |
[13:29] | to remember my password. | 才能试对密码 |
[13:31] | I could just come inside and do it. | 我可以直接进去打印 |
[13:37] | Joan. | 乔恩 |
[13:40] | I know he’s here. | 我知道他在这里 |
[13:44] | I hope you brought some food, Watson. | 我希望你买了吃的 华生 |
[13:45] | No food. | 没有吃的 |
[13:47] | Just company. | 只有同伴 |
[13:48] | He knew you were here. | 他知道你在这里 |
[13:52] | I realize this puts you in an awkward spot, Marcus. | 我知道这让你的处境很尴尬 马库斯 |
[13:59] | It’s been a year, man. | 已经一年了 哥们 |
[14:01] | You really gonna leave me hanging? | 你真打算就让我那么杵着吗 |
[14:05] | You knew I was here the whole time, didn’t you? | 你一直都知道我在这里 对吧 |
[14:08] | It was the captain. | 出事的可是警监 |
[14:09] | I knew you’d come. | 我知道你会来 |
[14:09] | I was counting on it. | 我就盼着呢 |
[14:11] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[14:13] | I was disappointed to hear about the Marshals, | 法警署的事没成我很失望 |
[14:15] | but I do understand. | 但我理解 |
[14:17] | Be grateful. | 知足吧 |
[14:19] | If I was a federal officer right now, | 如果我是联邦警察 |
[14:20] | I’d have to arrest you. | 现在就得逮捕你 |
[14:21] | On that count, you won’t be abetting a fugitive for too long. | 说到这个 你不会再教唆逃犯太久了 |
[14:25] | Wheels are in motion to clear me in the eyes of the law. | 帮我正名的行动正在进行中 |
[14:28] | Do I even want to know? | 我想知道吗 |
[14:29] | Probably never. | 也许永远不 |
[14:31] | Then what? You back? | 然后怎样 你们就回来吗 |
[14:33] | We haven’t talked about that yet. | 我们还没讨论过这个 |
[14:35] | We were only planning | 我们本打算只解决 |
[14:35] | to see this Patrick Meers thing through. | 帕特里克·米尔斯的事情 |
[14:37] | This just came up. | 然后又来了这个 |
[14:39] | Watson texted me about the storage unit you examined. | 华生给我发了信息 关于你检查的一个仓库 |
[14:42] | The man’s coin collection was rifled but not robbed? | 有人的钱币收藏被翻了个遍 却没被偷 |
[14:46] | I think I have an explanation. | 我想我知道为什么 |
[14:48] | You’ll recall I discovered gaps in the security footage | 你还记得我们从科瑞普索纳收到的监控录像 |
[14:51] | that we received from Krypsona. | 时间上有间隙吧 |
[14:53] | Well, I’ve since discovered a related pattern elsewhere | 我由此发现了一些与受害者 |
[14:58] | in the financial records of our flattened victim. | 财务状况的相关联系 |
[15:02] | Well, according to these, | 根据这些文件 |
[15:03] | Virgil Gwinn bought a lake house in Saskatchewan last year. | 维吉尔·戈文去年在萨斯喀彻温省买了一栋湖滨小屋 |
[15:07] | And then this year, he bought a $100,000 Tesla | 然后今年又买了一辆十万美金的特斯拉 |
[15:10] | and a luxury cruise. | 还有一艘豪华邮轮 |
[15:11] | Note the dates. | 注意下日期 |
[15:13] | Each of his extravagant purchases | 他的每次大笔支出 |
[15:15] | was made shortly after one of the gaps in the footage. | 都发生在监控录像坏掉不久后 |
[15:17] | So every time the cameras went off, Virgil got richer. | 所以每次监控录像坏掉后 维吉尔都发了财 |
[15:20] | He was the one disabling the security system | 是他弄坏了监控系统 |
[15:22] | because he was stealing from people’s units. | 因为他在偷别人仓库里的东西 |
[15:24] | Not exactly. | 也不完全是 |
[15:25] | I don’t think he was stealing objects. | 我觉得他没偷东西 |
[15:26] | I think he was after information. | 而是在寻找信息 |
[15:29] | Krypsona caters to clients with secrets. | 科瑞普索纳服务于有秘密的客户 |
[15:31] | If secrets were all an intruder was after, | 如果侵入者是在寻找秘密 |
[15:34] | then it would explain why none | 那就能解释为什么 |
[15:36] | of Edward Cutler’s coins were taken. | 爱德华·卡特勒的钱币没被偷 |
[15:38] | You think Virgil was going | 你觉得维吉尔在 |
[15:39] | through people’s units to see what they were hiding. | 翻别人的仓库 看他们藏了什么 |
[15:42] | If he found a good secret, he’d use it to shake down the client? | 如果他找到值钱的秘密 就用这个勒索客户 |
[15:45] | Yeah. He was a blackmailer. | 没错 他是个勒索者 |
[15:47] | And if I’m right, he was killed by one of his victims. | 如果我没弄错 他是被自己的一个勒索对象杀害的 |
[16:00] | Hey. Ready to go? | 准备走了吗 |
[16:03] | So that’s Captain Dwyer? | 那就是德怀尔警监吗 |
[16:05] | Strange seeing someone else in that office. | 看到别人在那间办公室好奇怪 |
[16:08] | He’s the C.O. at the 12th. | 他是12分局的指挥官 |
[16:09] | He’s going to cover both squads– | 他要管理两个分局 |
[16:10] | half tour here, half tour there– | 半数时间在这 半数时间在那 |
[16:12] | until we know more about Captain Gregson. | 直到格雷森警监有进一步消息 |
[16:14] | He’s getting briefed on all our open cases. | 他要了解我们所有正在调查的案子 |
[16:16] | Pretty sure you and I are next. | 我很肯定咱俩就是下一个 |
[16:18] | Do we know anything about him? | 我们知道他的什么事吗 |
[16:20] | I hear he’s a good boss. | 我听说他是个好老板 |
[16:21] | You don’t get tapped in a situation like this if you aren’t. | 如果能力不够也不会在这种时候临危受命 |
[16:24] | When I texted my buddy at the 12th, | 我发信息问我12分局的哥们时 |
[16:26] | all he said was that Dwyer doesn’t mince words. | 他只说德怀尔说话不装腔作势 |
[16:29] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[16:30] | Guess we’re about to find out. | 我猜很快就会知道了 |
[16:33] | Detective Bell, you’re up. | 贝尔警探 到你了 |
[16:34] | Uh, Captain Dwyer, this is Joan Watson. | 德怀尔警监 这是乔恩·华生 |
[16:37] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:38] | I forget. You the one who murdered that guy, | 我忘了 是你杀了那个家伙 |
[16:40] | or was it your partner? | 还是你搭档 |
[16:42] | Between us, I don’t care. | 就咱俩间说说 我不在乎 |
[16:43] | The guy was a twist. I’m glad he’s dead. | 那家伙是个变态 我很高兴他死了 |
[16:45] | – Thanks. – I’ve been on the job 40 years. | -谢谢 -我干这工作四十年了 |
[16:46] | You’re my first consulting detective. | 你是我遇见的第一个顾问侦探 |
[16:49] | I think it’s nuts, by the way, | 顺便说下 我觉得这太蠢了 |
[16:50] | working cases with civilians, | 和平民一起办案 |
[16:51] | but this isn’t my house; it’s Tommy’s, | 但这不是我的局子 是汤米的 |
[16:53] | and it isn’t like there’s any arguing | 而且跟你争这事 |
[16:55] | with your results, am I right? | 也没个结果 对不对 |
[16:58] | Shall we? | 我们进去吧 |
[17:00] | Uh, actually, Captain, we set everything up | 实际上 警监 我们在会议室 |
[17:02] | in the conference room for you. | 安排好一切了 |
[17:04] | “Set everything up”? | 安排好一切了 |
[17:12] | What the hell is all this? | 这都是些什么 |
[17:14] | You asked for a briefing on the case. | 你要这个案子的简报 |
[17:15] | Yeah, briefing. | 是的 简报 |
[17:17] | – This look brief to you? – No, but… | -这对你来说很”简”吗 -不 但是 |
[17:18] | Look, I’m a 30,000-foot guy. | 听着 我是个看大局的人[三万英尺] |
[17:20] | I only need details when I need them. | 我只在需要的时候才会需要细节 |
[17:22] | Right now I’m running two squads instead of one. | 现在 我负责的是两个队而不是一个队 |
[17:25] | It’s a homicide. You got a handle on it? | 这是一起谋杀案 你有什么想法吗 |
[17:27] | Early days, but we think so. | 言之尚早 但我们有些想法 |
[17:29] | Good. Let me know if that changes. | 很好 如果有变化请通知我 |
[17:31] | Otherwise, Tommy trusts you. | 否则 汤米信任你 |
[17:32] | That’s good enough for me. | 我觉得这就够了 |
[17:47] | First impressions of our interim captain? | 对临时警监的第一印象怎么样 |
[17:50] | It’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[17:51] | The meeting was so quick. | 见面很快就结束了 |
[17:54] | So did he grasp why we suspect Virgil Gwinn was murdered | 所以他知道为什么我们怀疑维吉尔·戈文是被 |
[17:56] | by one of Krypsona’s clientele? | 科瑞普索纳的一个客户谋杀了吗 |
[17:58] | Actually, we never got that far. | 事实上 我们没能解释那么多 |
[18:00] | Something about Captain Dwyer being a 30,000-foot guy. | 德怀尔警监是个三万英尺高的人 |
[18:03] | – What does that mean? – I think it’s supposed to mean | -那是什么意思 -我觉得应该是说 |
[18:05] | the view from an airplane, | 从飞机向下看 |
[18:06] | but he may as well have been on one, he sped by so fast. | 但他就跟坐飞机一样 速度太快了 |
[18:10] | But he said he trusts us. | 但他说他信任我们 |
[18:12] | Well, then I suppose he’ll do. | 好吧 那我想他还行 |
[18:13] | So I’ve managed to eliminate | 所以我成功排除了 |
[18:15] | all but one of these individuals as a suspect. | 除了一个人以外的其他所有嫌疑人 |
[18:18] | Noam Alsberg is, according to my source, | 据我的消息来源 诺姆·阿尔斯伯格 |
[18:20] | a money launderer for a Serbian gang, | 是塞尔维亚黑帮的洗钱人 |
[18:22] | and they are in the habit of disappearing their victims. | 他们有让受害者消失的习惯 |
[18:25] | So they wouldn’t have left Virgil’s body to be found. | 所以他们不会让人找到维吉尔的尸体 |
[18:27] | These three are cooperating with the investigation, | 这三个人都配合了调查 |
[18:30] | so it’s unlikely they’ve got anything to hide worth blackmailing. | 所以他们不太可能有什么会被勒索的秘密 |
[18:33] | These two may well have something to hide, | 这两个人很可能有所隐藏 |
[18:36] | but they are Krypsona’s newest clients. | 但他们是科瑞普索纳最新的客户 |
[18:38] | I didn’t find any gaps in the security footage | 我在监控录像中没有发现 |
[18:40] | between the time they moved in | 从他们搬进来 |
[18:42] | and the time of the murder. | 到谋杀发生的时间之间有漏洞 |
[18:43] | Meaning Virgil hadn’t gotten around to searching their units | 也就是说维吉尔还没来得及 |
[18:45] | in order to blackmail them. | 搜查他们的仓库来勒索他们 |
[18:47] | You said you eliminated all but one. | 你说你只剩一名嫌疑人 |
[18:49] | Aura Swenson, heiress to the Swenson Construction fortune, | 奥拉·斯文森 斯文森建筑公司的女继承人 |
[18:52] | but money’s not the only thing in her inheritance. | 但钱不是她继承的唯一遗产 |
[18:56] | Her father, Harold Swenson, | 她的父亲 哈罗德·斯文森 |
[18:59] | built one of the world’s largest construction companies | 创建了世界上最大的建筑公司之一 |
[19:01] | by doing business primarily in Africa and the Middle East. | 主要在非洲和中东开展业务 |
[19:02] | 纽约账簿 埃塞俄比亚政府雇佣美国公司承包建筑工程 | |
[19:04] | His vocation allowed him to indulge his avocation: | 他的职业使他能够满足他的业余爱好 |
[19:07] | everywhere he built roads and bridges, | 无论他在哪里修建道路和桥梁 |
[19:09] | he procured religious artifacts. | 他都收宗教文物 |
[19:11] | I remember hearing about this. | 我记得听说过这件事 |
[19:12] | He wanted to build a museum focusing on the religions | 他想建一个以这个地区的宗教 |
[19:15] | that came out of the region, | 为中心的博物馆 |
[19:16] | but he died before he had the chance. | 但他在有机会之前就死了 |
[19:18] | His daughter has decided to carry on her father’s dream. | 他的女儿决定继承她父亲的梦想 |
[19:22] | Says here the dad got in trouble with the Feds about ten years back. | 这里说联调局大约十年前找过她父亲的麻烦 |
[19:26] | He was caught importing looted antiquities, | 他们抓到他进口非法文物 |
[19:28] | got off with a… | 但最终 |
[19:29] | slap on the wrist and a minor fine. | 只是略施小惩 罚了一点钱 |
[19:31] | Afterwards, he claimed to stay on the straight and narrow. | 后来 他声称自己一直走的是正道 |
[19:34] | So you think his collection | 所以你认为他的收藏 |
[19:35] | is being kept in his daughter’s unit. | 放在他女儿的仓库里 |
[19:37] | But if it’s so squeaky clean, | 但如果它真的来路那么干净 |
[19:39] | then why is it in a foreign trade zone, | 那为什么在对外贸易区呢 |
[19:41] | and why won’t he cooperate with the murder investigation? | 他又为什么不肯配合谋杀案的调查呢 |
[19:44] | If the Swenson family is still in possession of looted goods, | 如果斯文森家族仍然拥有抢来的文物 |
[19:47] | it would count as a second offense. | 这将算作再犯 |
[19:49] | She could get prison time. | 她可能会坐牢 |
[19:50] | Secret worthy of blackmail and, by extension, murder. | 值得敲诈的秘密 衍生产物就是谋杀 |
[19:53] | Well, we can’t prove any of this without access to her unit. | 如果不能进她的仓库 我们就无法证明这一点 |
[19:56] | And these articles aren’t going to get us a search warrant. | 这些文章无法帮我们申请到搜查令 |
[19:58] | I could talk to Captain Dwyer, | 我可以跟德怀尔警监谈谈 |
[20:00] | try to put some pressure on Aura Swenson, | 试着给奥拉·斯文森施压 |
[20:02] | but I’m not liking our chances. | 但机会不大 |
[20:03] | There might be another way we could test the theory. | 也许还有另一种方法可以检验这个理论 |
[20:05] | According to these articles, she engaged an appraiser | 根据这些文章 她聘请了一位鉴定人 |
[20:08] | to inventory her father’s collection. | 清点她父亲的藏品 |
[20:11] | The appraiser’s website, however… | 然而 评估师的网站 |
[20:15] | …fails to list her as a client. | 没有把她列为客户之一 |
[20:17] | That’s a curious omission, isn’t it, | 这是个很奇怪的遗漏 不是吗 |
[20:19] | given the notoriety of the Swenson name? | 毕竟斯文森名声在外 |
[20:21] | So you think he’s distancing himself from her for a reason. | 所以你认为他出于某种原因在跟她保持距离 |
[20:25] | Well, she likely won’t cooperate. | 她可能不会合作 |
[20:28] | Perhaps the appraiser will. | 也许鉴定人会的 |
[20:36] | Detective Bell? | 贝尔警探 |
[20:38] | Hi. And Miss Watson. Hello. | 你好 还有华生小姐 你好 |
[20:41] | You said on the phone that | 你们之前在电话里说 |
[20:42] | you wanted to talk about the Swenson collection? | 想谈谈斯文森的藏品是吗 |
[20:44] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[20:45] | Go ahead and come back into my office with me. | 跟我去后面的办公室吧 |
[20:48] | I just want to be clear right out of the gate | 我只想开门见山地先说明白 |
[20:50] | that I wanted no part of that mess. | 我可没想参与那烂摊子 |
[20:52] | When you say “mess,” Mr. Florenti, | 你说的”烂摊子” 弗洛伦蒂先生 |
[20:54] | are you talking about looted antiquities | 你是指被掠夺的文物 |
[20:56] | or the murder of Virgil Gwinn? | 还是维吉尔·戈文的谋杀案 |
[20:58] | Wait, murder? | 等等 谋杀 |
[21:01] | Virgil, the site manager at Krypsona? He’s dead? | 维吉尔 科瑞普索纳的现场经理 他死了 |
[21:04] | You knew him? | 你认识他吗 |
[21:05] | To say hello. | 打过招呼 |
[21:07] | I-I couldn’t remove anything from the building, | 我不能把东西移出这幢楼 |
[21:09] | so I had to examine the collection there. | 所以只能在那检验藏品 |
[21:11] | We have reason to believe that his murder | 我们有理由相信他的凶案 |
[21:13] | and the collection are related. | 与藏品之间有关联 |
[21:15] | We were hoping that you can confirm | 我们希望你能帮我们确认 |
[21:17] | that some of the Swenson antiquities | 斯文森的部份文物 |
[21:19] | were smuggled into the country illegally. | 是非法偷渡进国内的 |
[21:21] | Are you saying you think Aura Swenson killed him? | 你是说你们怀疑奥拉·斯文森杀了他 |
[21:24] | If we were thinking that, | 如果我们确实有这个想法 |
[21:26] | would we be off base? | 会很离谱吗 |
[21:28] | You asked if I saw looted antiquities. | 你们之前问我是否看到了掠夺的文物 |
[21:31] | Yeah, I did. | 没错 我看到了 |
[21:33] | That’s what I wanted no part of. | 所以我才不想牵扯进去 |
[21:34] | A lot of the Swenson collection comes from a border territory | 斯文森的很多藏品来自于埃塞俄比亚和它的邻居 |
[21:38] | between Ethiopia and its neighbor, Eritrea. | 厄立特里亚交界的地区 |
[21:41] | I worked in that region for years, | 我曾在那里工作过多年 |
[21:42] | so Aura hired me for my expertise. | 所以奥拉看中了我的专业知识 |
[21:45] | Eritrea used to be part of Ethiopia, | 厄立特里亚以前属于埃塞俄比亚 |
[21:47] | but they declared independence 25 years ago, | 但25年他们宣布了国家独立 |
[21:49] | and the two countries have been at war ever since. | 自那以后两个国家一直处于交战状态 |
[21:52] | There hasn’t been any | 那个时候 |
[21:53] | government-sanctioned archaeology | 那片地区还没有什么 |
[21:55] | in the region during that time, so… | 政府批准的考古项目 所以 |
[21:57] | when I saw that Harold Swenson | 当我看到哈罗德·斯文森 |
[21:59] | had brought in pieces less than five years ago… | 在过去五年内买进了藏品时 |
[22:02] | You knew they had to have been looted. | 你知道那些肯定是被掠夺的 |
[22:04] | I don’t think Aura knew. | 我觉得奥拉不知道 |
[22:05] | She just inherited everything from her dad. | 她只是继承了父亲的一切 |
[22:07] | But when I told her, she offered to pay me | 但当我告诉她时 她提出雇我 |
[22:10] | to forge papers of provenance. | 伪造发源地的证件 |
[22:12] | She wanted you to cover up her father’s crimes. | 她想掩盖自己父亲的罪行 |
[22:15] | I told her I wouldn’t, | 我告诉她我不会这么做 |
[22:16] | and she was furious. | 她大为光火 |
[22:18] | I quit on the spot. | 我当场就辞职了 |
[22:21] | Would you be willing to tell a judge everything you just told us? | 你是否愿意把刚才说的一切告诉法官 |
[22:24] | It could help police secure a search warrant. | 这能帮我们拿到搜查令 |
[22:26] | – Of course. – Actually, | -当然 -其实 |
[22:29] | looks like we won’t need a warrant. | 看起来我们不需要搜查令了 |
[22:31] | Aura Swenson’s lawyer just called the precinct. | 奥拉·斯文森的律师刚给局里打了电话 |
[22:33] | They’ve agreed to give us full access to her unit. | 他们同意让我们彻底检查她的仓库 |
[22:38] | So you’re admitting | 所以你是承认 |
[22:40] | to everything your appraiser told us? | 你鉴定师所告诉我们的一切都属实吗 |
[22:41] | That several of these items are missing the paperwork | 有几样物品确实缺少 |
[22:44] | needed to bring them legally into the U.S.? | 合法进入美国的正当文件 |
[22:46] | All right, you realize you’re confessing to a federal crime, | 好 你知道自己是在承认犯下了联邦罪 |
[22:48] | and confirming a motive to kill Virgil Gwinn? | 并且承认你有杀死维吉尔·戈文的动机吗 |
[22:50] | What motive is that? | 什么动机 |
[22:52] | We think Virgil Gwinn knew you had looted items in here, | 我们认为维吉尔·戈文知道你有被掠夺的文物 |
[22:55] | items you could go to prison for, | 能让你坐牢的文物 |
[22:56] | and that he was blackmailing you to keep it secret. | 他在以保密为由要挟你 |
[23:00] | We can’t speak to anything that transpired | 我们无法供述这个男人 |
[23:03] | between this man and Aura’s father. | 和奥拉父亲间发生的事 |
[23:05] | It’s possible Harold was being blackmailed, | 有可能哈罗德被要挟过 |
[23:08] | but this is the first we’re hearing of it. | 但这是我们第一次听说此事 |
[23:09] | The fact is, I let you in here to prove | 事实上 我让你们调查这里 |
[23:11] | that I wasn’t committing any crime. | 就是为了证明我没有犯罪 |
[23:13] | And since that’s the case, | 而且正因如此 |
[23:14] | there’s nothing that I could be blackmailed over, either. | 我也没有可被人要挟的把柄 |
[23:18] | I’m confused. | 我不明白 |
[23:19] | How could your father have been susceptible to blackmail, | 为什么你父亲可能被勒索 |
[23:21] | but not you? | 而你不会 |
[23:22] | You just said that the looted items are still here. | 你刚也说了被掠夺的文物还在这里 |
[23:24] | Because we finalized a deal with the Ethiopian government | 因为我们今早和埃塞俄比亚政府签订了协议 |
[23:28] | this morning that obviates any crimes on Ms. Swenson’s part. | 赦免斯文森小姐的所有罪行 |
[23:32] | Care to explain how a deal with a foreign country | 你能解释下为什么和国外政府的协议 |
[23:34] | saves you from facing charges on U.S. soil? | 能帮你免遭美国境内的起诉吗 |
[23:37] | A few months ago, the U.N. brokered a peace deal | 几个月前 联合国在埃塞俄比亚和厄立特里亚间 |
[23:40] | between Ethiopia and Eritrea, | 促成了和平协议 |
[23:41] | ending a lengthy conflict. With the fighting over, | 终结了长久的冲突 现在战争结束了 |
[23:45] | Ethiopia now has a chance to repair its infrastructure. | 埃塞俄比亚有机会重建它的基建设施了 |
[23:48] | Which just happens to be your family’s line of work. | 而这刚好是你家族的经营范围 |
[23:52] | In exchange for Swenson Construction’s generous assistance | 为换取斯文森建筑公司的慷慨援助 |
[23:56] | building new housing, parks and power plants, | 建设新房屋 公园及能源厂 |
[24:00] | Ethiopia has agreed to donate any and all items | 埃塞俄比亚同意将所有 |
[24:02] | that might have been looted to the Swensons’ museum. | 可能被掠夺的文物捐赠给斯文森博物馆 |
[24:05] | And since none of the items | 而因为这里的物品 |
[24:06] | in here have left the foreign trade zone… | 自始自终没离开过自贸区 |
[24:09] | Technically, none of these items have been smuggled | 严格来说 这里的所有物品都不是 |
[24:11] | into the country illegally. | 非法走私进来的 |
[24:12] | So this deal makes it legal? | 所以这协议让它们合法化了 |
[24:14] | And since this deal has been in the works for weeks, | 而既然协议已经进行几个星期了 |
[24:18] | Ms. Swenson had no motive to kill any blackmailer. | 斯文森女士没有动机去杀什么敲诈者 |
[24:28] | That’s the first time I’ve heard of a country giving an alibi. | 这还是第一次我看到一个国家给出不在场证明 |
[24:32] | This all looks legit, but I’m no expert, | 这些看起来都很正规 但我不是专家 |
[24:34] | and there’s a lot of inventory in there. | 而且那里面有很多物品 |
[24:36] | It’d be nice to know if this really means there’s nothing | 最好能搞清楚是不是真的没有什么 |
[24:38] | Ms. Swenson could’ve been blackmailed over. | 会导致斯文森女士杀死敲诈者的 |
[24:40] | I’ll call the department’s art expert, | 我去通知艺术专家部门 |
[24:42] | ask him to help us go through it. | 让他们帮我们看一看 |
[24:44] | We should also make sure this really came | 我们还要确认这个是真的 |
[24:45] | from the Ethiopian government. | 来自埃塞俄比亚政府 |
[24:47] | I’ll call Sherlock and ask him to swing by the consulate. | 我打电话给夏洛克 让他去一趟领事馆 |
[24:53] | Eagen. | 我是伊根 |
[24:54] | Assistant Director, it’s Sherlock Holmes. | 助理局长 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[24:56] | You shouldn’t be calling me. | 你不该给我打电话 |
[24:58] | I wouldn’t be if my situation was resolved. | 如果我的情况解决了就不会打给你了 |
[25:00] | I’m working on it. | 我正在办呢 |
[25:01] | Well, work faster. | 那加快速度 |
[25:02] | I’m not sure how much longer | 我不知道我还能 |
[25:03] | I can be trusted to keep your secret. | 保守你的秘密多久 |
[25:05] | 24 hours, and it’ll be done. | 24小时 然后就完事了 |
[25:08] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[25:10] | Hello. Um, my name’s Sherlock Holmes. | 你好 我名叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[25:12] | I’ve got an appointment to speak with consul. Isn’t that her? | 我预约了见领事 那不就是她吗 |
[25:15] | Mr. Holmes, I recognize the name. | 福尔摩斯先生 我知道这名字 |
[25:17] | I’m sorry, but the consul has been called to the U.N. | 很抱歉 但是领事被召去联合国了 |
[25:19] | She’ll have to reschedule. | 她需要重新安排时间 |
[25:21] | Is everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[25:22] | This went out to the press an hour ago. | 这个一小时前发给了媒体 |
[25:24] | It should explain everything. | 应该能够解释一切 |
[25:47] | Hey. How did it go with the Ethiopian consul? | 和埃塞俄比亚领事谈的如何 |
[25:51] | She wasn’t able to speak. | 她没法与我谈话 |
[25:52] | She was called away on urgent business. | 她因为紧急事宜被叫走了 |
[25:54] | Her prime minister just pulled out | 她的首相刚退出了 |
[25:55] | of a peace deal with Eritrea. | 与厄立特里亚国的和平契约 |
[25:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:59] | That means something to you? | 这让你想到了什么吗 |
[26:00] | Yeah. I was about to call you. | 是啊 我正想打给你呢 |
[26:02] | I think I may know why they pulled out | 我想我或许知道他们为什么退出 |
[26:04] | of the peace deal, and if I’m right, | 和平协议了 而且如果我没猜错 |
[26:05] | it might tell us why Virgil Gwinn was murdered. | 或许还能告诉我们维吉尔·戈文为什么被杀了 |
[26:08] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[26:09] | The Swenson collection included a journal | 斯文森的收藏里有一本日记 |
[26:11] | written by an archaeologist in 1928. | 是一名考古学家在1923年写的 |
[26:14] | So there is this one entry: he and his team are digging in | 这里有一条记录 他的队伍在挖掘 |
[26:17] | what is now the disputed area between | 现在位于埃塞俄比亚与厄立特里亚之间的 |
[26:20] | Ethiopia and Eritrea. | 一个争议地区 |
[26:22] | So he wrote that they came across “bitumen seepage” | 他写下他们遇到了”沥青渗流” |
[26:25] | and the “odor of methane gas.” | 还有”沼气的怪味” |
[26:28] | You’re thinking antiquities aren’t the only thing | 你认为古董并不是那个值得为之杀人的地区中 |
[26:29] | people dig for in that region worth killing over. | 人们唯一在挖掘的东西 |
[26:32] | Bitumen and methane are indicators of fossil fuels. | 沥青和沼气意味着化石燃料 |
[26:35] | So what if Virgil went digging for dirt | 所以如果维吉尔是去挖 |
[26:37] | in Swenson’s collection, and instead | 斯文森收藏品里的赃物 但却 |
[26:39] | struck oil? | 撞上了石油呢 |
[26:50] | Where did you get this. | 你们从哪里搞到这个的 |
[26:52] | That’s funny, we were gonna anask you the same thing. | 有意思 我们正想问你同样的事 |
[26:56] | That is a copy of a page from an archaeologist’s journal. | 这是一本考古学家日记中复制出来的 |
[26:59] | We got it from Aura Swenson. | 我们是从奥拉·斯文森那里弄来的 |
[27:00] | It was in her father’s collection of antiquities. | 就在她父亲的古董收藏之中 |
[27:03] | Now, the archaeologist described | 这位考古学家写到 |
[27:04] | what he thought could be oil along the border | 他认为可能有石油蕴藏在 |
[27:07] | between your country and Eritrea. | 你的国家与厄立特里亚的边境中 |
[27:09] | An area which, up until yesterday, | 那个地方 直到今天 |
[27:12] | your country agreed to hand over to Eritrea | 你的国家同意作为和平协议 |
[27:14] | as part of a peace deal. | 转让给厄立特里亚 |
[27:16] | We can’t help thinking it’s all related, | 我们很难不去设想这一切都有关联 |
[27:18] | this info about the oil | 这个关于石油的信息 |
[27:20] | and your prime minister suddenly refusing to give up the land. | 还有你的首相突然拒绝交出土地 |
[27:24] | I must admit, I am a bit puzzled. | 我必须承认 我有些困惑 |
[27:28] | Why are the affairs of two African nations | 为什么两个非洲国家之间的关系 |
[27:30] | of any concern to the NYPD? | 会需要纽约警察来关心 |
[27:33] | Because they’re relevant to a homicide investigation. | 因为它们与一起凶杀案有关联 |
[27:36] | We’re looking into the murder of a man named Virgil Gwinn. | 我们正在调查维吉尔·戈文的凶杀案 |
[27:39] | Maybe you’ve heard of him? | 也许你听说过他 |
[27:41] | Well, we think Mr. Gwinn came across that journal | 我们认为戈文先生在一个 |
[27:44] | in a storage unit where the Swensons’ collection is held. | 斯文森存储藏品的仓库找到了那本日记 |
[27:47] | We also think he tried to sell the information in it | 我们还认为他想要卖掉其中的信息 |
[27:49] | to your country. | 给你的国家 |
[27:51] | Maybe you liked the information but not the price. | 或许你喜欢那信息但不喜欢价格 |
[27:54] | So you took it and you had him killed instead. | 所以你就拿走了信息并杀了他 |
[27:59] | I believe this conversation just ended. | 我认为这场对话结束了 |
[28:04] | You probably don’t want word of oil in the region | 你大概不想让关于国内有石油的消息 |
[28:07] | getting around, right? | 传播开来 对吧 |
[28:09] | For example, I’m thinking Eritrea | 比如 我认为厄立特里亚 |
[28:11] | would be very interested to hear about it. | 会非常想要听听这信息 |
[28:13] | Their consulate’s just down the street, isn’t it? | 他们的领事馆就在街那头 对吗 |
[28:18] | In truth, you’re only partly right about what you have said. | 实际上 你说的只有一部分是对的 |
[28:24] | My country was alerted to the possibility of oil in the region, | 我的国家确实得知境内可能有石油 |
[28:28] | and that is why we rejected the peace deal. | 这也是为什么我们拒绝了和平协议 |
[28:31] | As I understand it, | 据我所知 |
[28:33] | our prime minister received a copy of this same | 我们的首相从高层生意伙伴那里 |
[28:36] | journal directly from a high-level business associate, but… | 收到了与这完全相同的复印件 但是… |
[28:41] | where that man acquired it, | 那个人是怎么弄来的 |
[28:44] | or whether he knew your murder victim, | 或者他是否认识你们的死者 |
[28:47] | I cannot say. | 我无法确定 |
[28:49] | Obviously, you’ve heard of the Swenson family | 你显然听说过斯文森家族 |
[28:51] | and you know about the agreement to donate antiquities to them | 也知道捐古董给他们 |
[28:54] | in exchange for help from their construction company. | 以换取他们建筑公司援助的协议 |
[28:57] | Yes, but I was unaware of any connection | 没错 但我不知道斯文森家族的藏品 |
[29:00] | between the Swensons’ collection and this information. | 和这些信息之间有任何关联 |
[29:03] | What I can say with great certainty | 我能够确定的是 |
[29:07] | is that no one from my government ordered any murder. | 我国政府没有人策划任何谋杀 |
[29:12] | We’ll need the name of your Prime Minister’s business associate. | 我们需要贵国总理那位商业伙伴的名字 |
[29:18] | I can give you that, | 没问题 |
[29:20] | as long as you’ll agree not to divulge what you know to Eritrea. | 只要你们答应不跟厄立特里亚分享这些信息 |
[29:32] | She gave us the name of a prominent Ethiopian businessman. | 她给了我们一个著名的埃塞俄比亚商人的名字 |
[29:35] | Apparently, he’s the one who passed the info | 显然就是他把日记里的信息 |
[29:37] | in the journal on to their Prime Minister. | 交给了他们的总理 |
[29:39] | Well, that’s progress. | 也算进展了 |
[29:41] | You seem troubled. | 你们看起来很困扰 |
[29:42] | The consul doesn’t seem to think | 那位领事似乎觉得 |
[29:44] | there’s a connection between the information | 她国政府得到的信息 |
[29:45] | reaching her government and Virgil Gwinn’s murder. | 和维吉尔·戈文的死毫无关系 |
[29:47] | Her ignorance of such matters doesn’t disprove them. | 她对此事不知情并不能证明它不存在 |
[29:50] | Well, I looked into where the journal came from. | 我查了一下日记的来源 |
[29:52] | It’s been sitting in the Swenson collection, | 过去十年 它一直在 |
[29:54] | gathering dust, for a decade. | 斯文森家族的藏品里积灰 |
[29:56] | Before then, Harold Swenson bought it | 那之前 这本日记在意大利 |
[29:58] | from a private collector in Italy, | 一位私人收藏家手中收藏了75年 |
[30:00] | who had been holding onto it for 75 years. | 然后被哈罗德·斯文森买了过来 |
[30:02] | So we agree, the timing, probably not a coincidence. | 所以我们同意这个时机可能并非巧合 |
[30:06] | So what’s troubling? | 那困扰你们的是什么 |
[30:07] | Well, after hearing what she said, | 听完她的话 |
[30:08] | we don’t think Virgil’s the one who sold it. | 我们觉得这信息不是来自维吉尔 |
[30:10] | We’ve been through his life. | 我们查了他的所有经历 |
[30:12] | He wasn’t a traveler. He didn’t have foreign friends. | 他不四处旅行 也没有外国朋友 |
[30:14] | Mostly, he stuck to the people he grew up with. | 交往的基本都是跟他一起长大的朋友 |
[30:17] | He didn’t strike us as the type who was rubbing elbows | 他不像是那种和埃塞俄比亚 |
[30:19] | with high-level Ethiopian businessmen. | 商界高层有交集的人 |
[30:21] | You’re right, he probably wasn’t. | 你说的对 他可能不是 |
[30:23] | So why don’t you seem troubled? | 那你为何不觉得困扰 |
[30:25] | Because I can’t help remembering, | 因为我记得 |
[30:26] | you’ve already met someone | 你们已经见过一个人 |
[30:28] | connected to Virgil’s place of work, | 他跟维吉尔的公司有关联 |
[30:29] | with access to the Swensons’ collection, | 能够接触到斯文森家族藏品 |
[30:31] | and the proper contacts in Ethiopia. | 又在埃塞俄比亚认识有地位的人 |
[30:35] | You think I killed Virgil Gwinn? | 你们觉得是我杀了维吉尔·戈文 |
[30:38] | I told you, I barely knew him. | 我说过了 我和他并不熟 |
[30:40] | You did, but we’re guessing you said that | 你是说过 但我们猜是因为 |
[30:43] | because you realized that we might see the two of you | 你知道我们可能在科瑞普索纳的 |
[30:45] | on Krypsona’s surveillance video. | 监控录像上看到了你们俩 |
[30:47] | Now, we looked at the footage pretty closely. | 我们已经仔细查看过录像了 |
[30:49] | We couldn’t make out what you were saying, | 虽然无法得知你俩的谈话内容 |
[30:51] | but that’s mostly because you and Virgil | 但主要是因为你和维吉尔 |
[30:53] | would go into Ms. Swenson’s unit whenever you talked, | 在谈话时总是去斯文森女士的仓库 |
[30:56] | presumably because there were no cameras in there. | 想必是因为那里面没有摄像头 |
[30:59] | You’re imagining things. | 你们真是有想象力 |
[31:01] | Are we? | 是吗 |
[31:02] | ‘Cause if so, our imaginations are pretty thorough. | 如果是想象 我们的想象还挺周密的 |
[31:05] | Here’s how we figure it went down. | 我们觉得事情发展是这样的 |
[31:06] | You discovered the archaeologist’s journal | 你在处理斯文森家族藏品期间 |
[31:09] | while you were working on the Swensons’ collection, | 发现了那位考古学家的日记 |
[31:11] | you saw the info about oil, and decided to sell it to Ethiopia. | 看到了石油的事 决定将信息卖给埃塞俄比亚 |
[31:14] | You mentioned you lived there. | 你说过你曾在那住过 |
[31:16] | We checked, and some of the work you did | 我们查了 你的部分工作 |
[31:17] | was directly for the Ethiopian government, | 直接跟埃塞俄比亚政府相关 |
[31:19] | so you would’ve known the right people to get the information to. | 所以你会知道该把这则信息告诉谁 |
[31:22] | Then along comes Virgil Gwinn. | 然后就是维吉尔·戈文 |
[31:24] | Thanks to Krypsona’s cameras, he had eyes on everything there. | 因为科瑞普索纳的摄像头 他对那里一览无余 |
[31:27] | He must have caught you sneaking that journal out | 他肯定是看到你偷偷带出那本日记 |
[31:29] | and back in, had at least a sense of what you were doing, | 又还回去 至少察觉出了你的勾当 |
[31:32] | and demanded a cut. | 然后想分一杯羹 |
[31:33] | But you weren’t down for being blackmailed. | 但你不接受敲诈 |
[31:36] | So you arranged to meet him at Krypsona. | 于是安排跟他在科瑞普索纳见面 |
[31:38] | You made sure he disabled the cameras | 你确保他关掉了摄像头 |
[31:40] | and erased any proof of what you’d done, | 并删除了你所作所为的所有证据 |
[31:43] | and then you killed him. | 然后你杀了他 |
[31:47] | I already told you, I quit working | 我已经说过了 几周前我就辞职 |
[31:49] | for Aura Swenson weeks ago. | 不为奥拉·斯文森工作了 |
[31:51] | I didn’t even have access to the building anymore. | 我都没有权限进那栋大楼了 |
[31:53] | Virgil could have let you in. | 可能是维吉尔让你进去的 |
[31:55] | Or you could have used your own key card. | 或者你可能用了自己的门禁卡 |
[31:57] | According to Krypsona’s records, you never turned it in. | 根据科瑞普索纳的记录 你一直没有上交 |
[32:02] | I guess I threw it out. | 我可能是扔了 |
[32:06] | Look… | 听着 |
[32:09] | now that you have laid it all out, | 现在你们都摊牌了 |
[32:10] | I guess I understand why you suspect me. | 我也理解你们为何怀疑我 |
[32:12] | But you’re suggesting I would sabotage a peace deal | 但你们觉得我会因为一己私利 |
[32:17] | for personal profit? | 破坏一项和平协议 |
[32:21] | Tens of thousands of people have already died | 埃塞俄比亚和厄立特里亚之间的冲突 |
[32:23] | in the fighting between Ethiopia and Eritrea. | 已经牺牲了成千上万的人 |
[32:26] | What you are accusing me of is inhuman. | 你们对我的指控太没人性了 |
[32:32] | Virgil was killed three nights ago, right? | 维吉尔是三天前晚上被杀的 对吧 |
[32:35] | – Tuesday? – That’s right. | -星期二 -没错 |
[32:37] | I was at the Amore Opera with some friends. | 我和几个朋友在爱慕歌剧院 |
[32:39] | La Traviata. | 看《茶花女》 |
[32:41] | We even went out for drinks afterward. | 之后我们甚至出去喝了几杯 |
[32:44] | I’m sure you’ll want their names. | 你肯定会想要他们的名字 |
[32:51] | Marcus called. Florenti’s alibi checked out. | 马库斯打来了 弗洛伦蒂的不在场证明查实了 |
[32:54] | Plus, we can’t find any connection between | 而且 我们找不到他和 |
[32:56] | him and the business associate | 提供了日记的商业伙伴有任何联系 |
[32:58] | who supplied the journal, or any communication | 也找不到他和他在埃塞俄比亚的联系人 |
[33:00] | between Florenti and his contacts in Ethiopia. | 有过任何接触 |
[33:03] | As far as we can tell, he hasn’t even set foot | 据我们目前所知 他甚至没去过 |
[33:05] | in an Ethiopian restaurant. | 埃塞俄比亚的任何餐厅 |
[33:06] | You and Marcus looked him in the eye. | 你和马库斯曾直视他的眼睛 |
[33:08] | Are you convinced of his guilt? | 你们觉得他有罪吗? |
[33:10] | Honestly, when he gave us his alibi, | 说实话 他给出不在场证明的时候 |
[33:12] | it felt like he was taunting us. | 感觉他是在奚落我们 |
[33:13] | Well, his alibi certainly doesn’t clear him. | 他不在场当然不能说明他无罪 |
[33:15] | His Ethiopian contacts could have sent someone to kill Gwinn. | 他在埃塞俄比亚的联系人也许派人去杀了戈文 |
[33:19] | Mm, a hit man. | 雇佣杀手 |
[33:20] | So, I reached out to some friends at the State Department | 所以我联系了国务院和国际刑警那边的 |
[33:22] | and at Interpol, requesting the names | 几个朋友 让他们给我 |
[33:24] | of any international “fixers” with ties to Ethiopia. | 跟埃塞俄比亚有关联的国际”清道夫”的名字 |
[33:28] | I’ve also written to my father. | 我还给我父亲写了信 |
[33:29] | He’s the head of a global crime syndicate, | 他是个国际犯罪集团的头目 |
[33:31] | so he might have some insights. | 可能会有一些想法 |
[33:33] | I’m just awaiting responses. | 我还在等回复 |
[33:35] | Speaking of your father, | 说到你父亲 |
[33:36] | have you heard from his pal, the assistant director? | 他的助理局长朋友有消息吗 |
[33:39] | I spoke to him yesterday. | 我昨天跟他谈过了 |
[33:41] | He assures me that my exculpation is imminent. | 他跟我保证马上就能为我脱罪 |
[33:46] | So, it occurs to me | 所以 我想到 |
[33:48] | that you and I should talk about the future. | 我们该谈谈未来的事 |
[33:52] | Specifically, our plans beyond the resolution | 具体来说 是我们在破了 |
[33:55] | of the Patrick Meers case. | 帕特里克·米尔斯一案之后的计划 |
[33:57] | Well, I just assumed we’d return to London. | 我还以为我们会回伦敦 |
[33:59] | Yeah, we might, but we wouldn’t have to. | 也许会 但不是必须了 |
[34:05] | I mean, we could, | 我们也可以 |
[34:07] | if we so choose, resume our work at the 11th. | 如果我们想选 也可以继续在11分局工作 |
[34:12] | You said that staying in London was important to you. | 你说过留在伦敦对你来说很重要 |
[34:14] | Yeah, it was, but I’d be lying if I said | 当时是的 但我要是说留在这里 |
[34:17] | that being here didn’t stir up certain feelings. | 并没有勾起什么感觉 那我就是在说谎 |
[34:22] | Anyway, when my name is cleared, I can travel as I please. | 总之 等我洗清了罪名 我想去哪都行 |
[34:26] | Our consultancy could become bicontinental. | 我们的顾问事业可以在两大洲开展 |
[34:29] | You mean work with the NYPD and Scotland Yard? | 你是说同时为纽约警局和苏格兰场工作 |
[34:32] | We have the means. | 我们有门道 |
[34:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:41] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[34:42] | Oh, I’m just being selfish. | 我真自私 |
[34:44] | I want it all. | 鱼和熊掌想要兼得 |
[34:48] | Always do. | 一如既往 |
[34:53] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 早上见 |
[35:12] | What is that? | 什么鬼 |
[35:13] | Eritrean national anthem. | 厄立特里亚国歌 |
[35:16] | It’s quite rousing, isn’t it? | 很令人振奋 对吧 |
[35:17] | Oh, obviously it was to me. | 对我来说显然够振奋 |
[35:20] | Heard back from my father. | 我父亲回复了 |
[35:23] | Well, I take it he had some thoughts | 看来他对埃塞俄比亚的雇佣杀手的身份 |
[35:26] | on the hit man from Ethiopia. | 有点想法 |
[35:30] | He had a good deal more to offer than that. | 他提供的远不止那些 |
[35:31] | He proposed an entirely different theory of the crime. | 他提出了一个完全不同的犯罪理论 |
[35:34] | A theory so depraved, it took him to think of it. | 非常恶劣的想法 让他都犹豫了 |
[35:39] | I’m listening. | 我听着呢 |
[35:40] | Ethiopia is not the only nation to benefit | 埃塞俄比亚不是唯一 |
[35:43] | from learning about the oil. | 会从石油信息中获益的国家 |
[35:48] | Eritrea? | 厄立特里亚 |
[35:51] | Okay, explain that. If Ethiopia holds onto the land, | 那你说说 如果埃塞俄比亚守住土地 |
[35:53] | they get the oil. | 他们就能得到石油 |
[35:54] | Wouldn’t Eritrea be the losers in all this? | 那厄立特里亚不就成了输家吗 |
[35:56] | Its citizens, perhaps, but not its leaders. | 他们的人民也许输了 但领袖不会 |
[36:01] | Since declaring independence 25 years ago, | 自从他们25年前宣布了独立 |
[36:03] | Eritrea has suffered under a single despotic regime | 厄立特里亚一直饱受专制政权之苦 |
[36:06] | accused of numerous human rights violations. | 有无数侵犯人权的指控 |
[36:09] | The government has repeatedly postponed national elections, | 政府反复推迟国内大选 |
[36:12] | using the perpetual war with Ethiopia as an excuse. | 利用跟埃塞俄比亚无休止的战争做为借口 |
[36:15] | So, they need to keep the war going | 所以他们需要保持战争继续 |
[36:17] | in order to stay in power. | 好守住他们的权力 |
[36:19] | Should they be so unlucky as for peace to break out, | 要是不幸出现了和平 |
[36:22] | the regime’s ouster would be all but guaranteed. | 政权被推翻将成为必然 |
[36:26] | So, you think the reason why we haven’t been able | 所以你觉得我们之所以找不到 |
[36:29] | to find the hit man the Ethiopian government hired | 埃塞俄比亚政府雇佣的杀手 |
[36:32] | is because Florenti didn’t sell the information to Ethiopia; | 是因为弗罗伦蒂并没把消息卖给埃塞俄比亚 |
[36:37] | he sold it to Eritrea. | 而是卖给了厄立特里亚 |
[36:39] | From there, it was a simple matter | 从那里很容易就能查到 |
[36:41] | of identifying the global security firm | 厄立特里亚政府雇用的 |
[36:43] | the Eritrean government employed. | 国际安保公司 |
[36:44] | And that led me to the name of a hired assassin, | 我由此找到了一个雇佣杀手的名字 |
[36:47] | who was in New York at the time of the murder. | 谋杀当时他就在纽约 |
[36:51] | So now what do we do? | 那我们现在怎么做 |
[36:52] | You do nothing. | 你什么也不用做 |
[36:54] | I’ve already made arrangements for Mr. Florenti’s undoing. | 我已经安排好了弗洛伦蒂先生的失败 |
[37:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:13] | Mr. Florenti, please come in. | 弗洛伦蒂先生 请进 |
[37:15] | I’m looking for Mr. Al-Maliki? | 我找阿尔马利基先生 |
[37:20] | He asked me to inspect some Iraqi artifacts. | 他让我来检查一些伊拉克的物件 |
[37:24] | It is a beautiful city, isn’t it? | 真是个美丽的城市 对吧 |
[37:30] | It’s home. | 这是家乡 |
[37:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:33] | Sorry about the deception. | 抱歉骗了你 |
[37:36] | There is no Mr. Maliki. I’m the one who called. | 没有马利基先生 是我打的电话 |
[37:39] | I work with the police. | 我是警方的人 |
[37:43] | You people still think I killed Virgil Gwinn? | 你们还是觉得我杀了维吉尔·戈文 |
[37:45] | As a matter of fact, I’m quite sure that you didn’t. | 实际上 我很确定不是你 |
[37:48] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[37:50] | This man did. | 是这个人干的 |
[37:52] | His name is Gavin Lund. | 他叫加文·隆德 |
[37:54] | The Eritrean government hired him to kill Gwinn | 厄立特里亚政府雇他杀了戈文 |
[37:57] | – after you told them Gwinn was a threat. – Here we go. | -因为你告诉他们戈文是个威胁 -果然 |
[38:01] | Gwinn knew about the journal entry you had discovered, | 戈文知道你发现的日记 |
[38:03] | which meant he could expose their plan | 也就是说他可能会暴露 |
[38:05] | to perpetuate war with Ethiopia. | 他们要跟埃塞俄比亚打持久战的计划 |
[38:07] | I was quite sure you’d recognize Lund | 我很确定如果你亲自把门禁卡给了隆德 |
[38:09] | if you had given him your key card in person. | 你肯定能认出他来 |
[38:12] | That’s how he gained access to Krypsona, is it not? | 他就是那样进入科瑞普索纳的 对吧 |
[38:15] | Once and for all, no, I do not recognize this man. | 最后再说一次 我不认识这个人 |
[38:19] | And I don’t have any idea what you could poss… | 我也不知道你是什么意… |
[38:23] | – What the hell was that? – Those are bullets. | -那是什么鬼 -子弹 |
[38:27] | Mr. Lund just tried to kill you. | 隆德先生刚想杀了你 |
[38:29] | What? | 什么 |
[38:31] | Yeah, he’s perched on that balcony over there. | 是的 他栖身在那边那个阳台上 |
[38:37] | I made sure that he knew about our meeting | 我确保了让他知道我们的会面 |
[38:40] | and that you intended to give a full confession. | 以及你打算全盘招供 |
[38:42] | Are you insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[38:45] | You should know, my father owns this apartment. | 你该知道 这公寓是我父亲的 |
[38:47] | Those windows are bulletproof. | 那些玻璃都是防弹的 |
[38:49] | Well, bullet-resistant. | 防弹玻璃 |
[38:51] | It’s hard to tell how many rounds they will withstand | 很难说它们被射穿前 |
[38:53] | before they start getting through. | 还能抵挡几轮 |
[38:57] | So, what are your options? | 所以 你有哪些选择 |
[38:58] | You could get outside and make a run for it. | 你可以出去玩命逃跑 |
[39:00] | Oh, I don’t think that’s wise. He’s got a clear line of sight | 这可不明智 从那阳台到大楼入口 |
[39:02] | from that balcony to the building’s entrance. | 他的射击范围内可没什么阻碍 |
[39:04] | You could stay inside, wait it out. | 你也可以留在室内静等 |
[39:07] | But I don’t think that’s going to work, either, | 但我觉得这也不是办法 |
[39:08] | ’cause he’s a pro. | 因为他是专业的 |
[39:13] | I also gave him every detail of your life, | 我还把你生活的所有细节都给他了 |
[39:14] | – so, eventually, he’s gonna find you. – What?! | -所以他早晚会找到你 -什么 |
[39:17] | Fortunately, I have a way to guarantee | 幸运的是 我有个办法能保证 |
[39:19] | safe passage to the police, | 把你安全交到警察手里 |
[39:21] | where, if you agree, you’ll give a full confession. | 如果你同意 等到了那边你就要全盘招供 |
[39:34] | Fine. Fine. I’ll do whatever you say. | 行行行 我都听你的 |
[39:36] | Just-just get me out of here. | 赶紧把我弄出这里 |
[39:45] | I see you’re still alive, | 你还活着 |
[39:46] | so I take it everything worked out. | 看来一切都解决好了 |
[39:48] | Yes. Sebastian Florenti is at the precinct confessing. | 是的 弗洛伦蒂正在局里招供 |
[39:50] | He confirmed my deduction as to the hit man’s identity. | 他证实了我对雇佣杀手身份的推测 |
[39:53] | He and Gavin Lund did meet. | 他和加文·隆德确实见过 |
[39:55] | But Florenti didn’t suspect | 但弗洛伦蒂并没怀疑 |
[39:56] | that the shooter was just your friend? | 枪手可能是你朋友 |
[39:58] | No. Lund is presently in Hamburg. | 没有 隆德此刻在汉堡 |
[40:01] | Interpol has issued a notice to have him picked up. | 国际刑警发布了对他的通缉令 |
[40:04] | So, I’ve been e-mailing with Kitty, | 我一直在跟凯蒂邮件联系 |
[40:06] | and since it looks like we’re gonna be here a while, | 既然看来我们还得在这里待一阵子 |
[40:07] | I asked her to send some things for me. | 我请她帮我寄了点东西过来 |
[40:10] | Do you want anything from your place? | 你有什么要寄的吗 |
[40:19] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[40:20] | No. | 有事 |
[40:37] | I told you to make things right. | 我让你把事情做好 |
[40:39] | Oh, I see you got my text. | 看来你收到我的短信了 |
[40:41] | According to this, a convicted killer | 这上面说 一个被定罪的杀人犯 |
[40:43] | named Santos Oliva left a letter | 叫桑托斯·奥利瓦的 他留了封信 |
[40:44] | confessing to Michael Rowan’s murder, | 承认杀了迈克·罗温 |
[40:46] | and then he hanged himself in his cell. | 然后在牢里上吊自尽了 |
[40:48] | Yeah, Oliva fit the bill. | 是的 奥利瓦符合要求 |
[40:50] | He was in the right area the night Rowan died, | 罗温死的那晚 他在合适的区域 |
[40:52] | and he had the right sheet; he’d killed before. | 他也有匹配的被单 他以前也杀过人 |
[40:55] | – He didn’t kill Michael Rowan. – Are you sure about that? | -他没杀迈克·罗温 -你确定吗 |
[40:57] | I thought all you knew was that it wasn’t you and Miss Watson. | 你不是只能确定不是你和华生女士干的吗 |
[41:00] | Are you saying you know more? | 你是说你还知道更多情况吗 |
[41:02] | This is not what we discussed. | 我们之前商量的不是这样 |
[41:04] | What did you think was gonna happen? | 你以为会发生什么 |
[41:06] | Clearing your name was one thing, | 帮你洗清罪名是一回事 |
[41:08] | but both of you, no. | 但要帮你俩都洗清 不行 |
[41:09] | I had to put the blame someplace. | 我总得找人担责 |
[41:12] | Oh, and by the way, Oliva wasn’t the only one | 顺便一说 奥利瓦不是唯一 |
[41:15] | who wrote a confession. | 写下了自白信的人 |
[41:17] | I’ve written one as well. | 我也写了一封 |
[41:19] | In it, I admit I took a bribe from Morland Holmes. | 我在信里承认收了莫兰德·福尔摩斯的贿赂 |
[41:23] | A fact others can easily verify, as you pointed out. | 这是很容易证明的事实 如你所说 |
[41:26] | Only, according to my letter, that bribe was in exchange | 只不过 根据我信里所说 他行贿的目的 |
[41:30] | for clearing Michael Rowan’s real killer… | 是要帮真正杀了迈克·罗温的人脱罪 |
[41:33] | Joan Watson. | 乔恩·华生 |
[41:36] | Now, you contact me again | 听好了 你再敢联系我 |
[41:40] | or tell anyone what you know, | 或者把你知道的事告诉任何人 |
[41:43] | my letter goes public. | 我的信就会公开 |
[41:51] | Oh, almost forgot. | 差点忘了 |
[41:54] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |