时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – If you’re looking for Sherlock, he’s downstairs. – Okay. | -如果你想找夏洛克 他在楼下 -好的 |
[00:04] | His name is Harlan Emple. | 他叫哈伦·安普尔 |
[00:06] | He is the Rachel P. Hanson Professor | 他是个教授 |
[00:07] | for Applied Mathematics at Columbia University. | 在哥伦比亚大学教应用数学 |
[00:10] | What I don’t get is why he isn’t wearing a shirt. | 我不明白的是他为什么光着上身 |
[00:13] | Every great thinker has a process, Watson. | 每一位伟大的智者都有自己的习惯 华生 |
[00:14] | In Harlan’s case, he doesn’t like anything | 对哈伦来说 他不喜欢任何东西 |
[00:16] | to come between him and the numbers. | 挡在他和数字之间 |
[00:18] | If I wanted a distraction, Watson, | 如果我需要分散注意力的话 华生 |
[00:20] | I’d pay another visit to Athena | 我就会再去找雅典娜 |
[00:21] | and thrust myself into work more aerobic | 全力专注于某种床上有氧运动 |
[00:23] | than crime scene reconstruction. | 而不是进行犯罪现场重建调查 |
[00:25] | One of them led a killer into this very apartment. | 她们其中一个让凶手进入了这间公寓 |
[00:29] | He was never identified. | 他的身份一直是迷 |
[00:30] | Justice is like an orgasm. | 正义就像性高潮 |
[00:31] | It can never come too late. | 你永远不会嫌来得太晚 |
[00:41] | Watson, wake up. | 华生 醒醒 |
[00:44] | Who the hell are you? | 你他妈是谁 |
[00:46] | What do you mean, who am I? | 你什么意思 我是谁 |
[00:48] | Is there something wrong with the image? | 画面出现什么问题了吗 |
[00:49] | I mean, who is this stranger in my bedroom | 我是说我卧室里的这个 |
[00:51] | with your face strapped to his face? | 脸上缠了你的脸的陌生人是谁 |
[00:53] | It’s Wiggins. | 这是威金斯 |
[00:56] | I needed to speak with you, | 我需要和你谈谈 |
[00:57] | and you’ve obviously turned off your phone. | 而你显然把手机关了 |
[00:59] | So you let a stranger into our house? | 于是你就让一个陌生人进了咱家 |
[01:01] | He’s not a stranger. He’s done the odd task for me | 他不是陌生人 他经常帮我 |
[01:03] | from time to time. Thought you two had met. | 做一些奇怪的任务 你俩应该见过 |
[01:05] | Perhaps you don’t recognize him because his face is covered. | 可能因为他脸遮着 所以你没认出来他 |
[01:08] | And why does he keep waving his hands around like that? | 为什么他一直那样挥舞着手 |
[01:10] | He likes to pantomime as his client speaks. | 他喜欢在客户说话时表演哑剧 |
[01:13] | I’m not the only person he surrogates for, you see. | 要知道 我不是他代理过的唯一一个 |
[01:15] | He thinks it helps sell the illusion. | 他觉得这样能让一切更可信 |
[01:18] | Uh, what is so important, anyway? | 算了 什么事这么重要 |
[01:19] | I thought you were working on a cold case with Athena. | 我以为你和雅典娜在查一起旧案 |
[01:22] | I was. We finished. | 是的 我们完事了 |
[01:23] | Hi, Joan. | 乔恩 |
[01:25] | With her help, I solved | 在她的帮助下 我解决了 |
[01:26] | the 1926 case of Fitzroy McPherson, | 1926年菲茨罗·麦克弗森的案子 |
[01:28] | a scientist found dead | 一个被发现死于 |
[01:30] | in his apartment in Sheepshead Bay. | 自己在羊头湾的公寓的科学家 |
[01:32] | You may recall that the police | 你可能还记得 警察以为 |
[01:33] | thought he’d been beaten to death | 他是被打死的 |
[01:34] | because of the welts on his back. | 因为他后背上的鞭痕 |
[01:36] | Oh, yeah, I remember you showing me the photos. | 是的 我记得你给我看过照片 |
[01:38] | I thought I recognized the welts from somewhere, | 我当时就觉得我在哪见过那鞭痕 |
[01:40] | but I was never able to place them until now. | 但直到现在才对上号 |
[01:42] | They’re the marks of a lion’s mane jellyfish. | 那是狮鬃水母的痕迹 |
[01:45] | Sheepshead Bay is right by the beach. | 羊头湾就在沙滩旁边 |
[01:47] | He must have gone swimming that day. | 他那天肯定去游泳了 |
[01:49] | Between the fact that he made it home | 他在死于毒素前 |
[01:50] | before succumbing to the toxins | 成功回到了家 |
[01:52] | and the fact that lion’s mane stings | 而狮鬃水母通常被认为 |
[01:53] | aren’t typically fatal, | 没那么致命 |
[01:55] | no one, myself included, had made the connection. | 所以包括我在内 没有任何人将二者联系起来 |
[01:58] | I’m confused. What part of the crime scene | 我有些糊涂了 你需要雅典娜 |
[02:00] | did you need Athena to reenact? | 重演哪段犯罪现场 |
[02:01] | We didn’t reenact anything. We just had sex. | 我们什么都没重演 我们就是做了爱 |
[02:05] | I was having trouble jogging my memory, | 我在回忆上遇到了些问题 |
[02:06] | and I needed a potent distraction. | 我需要个有效的分神 |
[02:08] | Athena provided one. | 雅典娜做到了 |
[02:09] | Okay, so you woke me up because…? | 好吧 所以你叫醒我是因为什么 |
[02:12] | You remember my friend, Harlan Emple, | 你记得我的朋友哈伦·安普尔吗 |
[02:14] | brilliant mathematician? | 那个优秀的数学家 |
[02:15] | He likes to work in a state of undress? | 他喜欢在裸体的状态下工作 |
[02:17] | Yeah, of course I remember Harlan. What about him? | 是的 我当然记得哈伦 他怎么了 |
[02:19] | Well, he just called, and he would like to hire us. | 他刚才来电了 他想雇佣我们 |
[02:23] | Really appreciate you guys coming. | 真的很感谢你们能来 |
[02:25] | I-I didn’t know who else to call. | 我不知道还能打给谁 |
[02:28] | It’s Lily. | 是关于莉莉 |
[02:30] | – Of course it is. – Who’s Lily? | -当然是她 -谁是莉莉 |
[02:31] | She’s one of my doctoral students. | 她是我带的一个博士生 |
[02:33] | She was supposed to make the oral defense | 她今早应该为她的论文进行 |
[02:34] | for her thesis this morning, but she never showed up. | 口头答辩的 但她一直没出现 |
[02:37] | And I tried calling her, and she’s not answering. | 我给她打了电话 但她没接 |
[02:39] | This morning. | 今早 |
[02:40] | So that can’t be more than, what, a couple of hours ago? | 所以不可能超过几个小时吧 |
[02:43] | Did you try her family or friends? | 你联系过她家人和朋友吗 |
[02:45] | I-I know she has a roommate, | 我知道她有个室友 |
[02:47] | and, uh, her family is somewhere in California, | 她家人在加州某处 |
[02:50] | but I don’t know them. | 但我不认识他们 |
[02:52] | I just called you. | 我只给你们打了电话 |
[02:54] | Because there could be plenty of explanations. | 这可能有很多种解释 |
[02:56] | Family emergency. | 家里的急事 |
[02:57] | Or just that a thesis defense is a lot of pressure. | 或者论文答辩压力太大 |
[02:59] | Maybe she got cold feet. | 或许她临阵退缩了 |
[03:00] | She would have called me | 如果她不能来 |
[03:02] | if she couldn’t make it. | 她会给我打电话 |
[03:03] | And Lily does not get cold feet. | 而且莉莉不会临阵退缩 |
[03:05] | I mean, not that I would know. | 我是说 起码据我所知不会 |
[03:08] | I mean, not literally. | 不是真的… |
[03:11] | You know what I mean. | 你明白我的意思 |
[03:11] | Look, something happened to her. I’m sure of it. | 听着 她遇到了什么事 我很肯定 |
[03:13] | Yet you called us, not the police. | 但你叫来了我们 而不是警察 |
[03:15] | So there’s something you’re not telling us, Harlan. | 所以有什么你没跟我们说 哈伦 |
[03:19] | If I’m right, | 如果我没猜错 |
[03:21] | and if something has happened to Lily, | 如果莉莉真的出事了 |
[03:24] | there’s a pretty good chance that I’m gonna be a suspect. | 有很大可能我会是嫌疑人 |
[04:01] | That’s Lily. | 那就是莉莉 |
[04:03] | Wait, you know, I think there’s a better one. | 等下 我觉得有一张更好的 |
[04:05] | You’re pretty familiar with her social media. | 你很熟悉她的社交媒体 |
[04:07] | Is she your girlfriend? | 她是你的女朋友吗 |
[04:08] | If only she were his girlfriend. | 如果是他女朋友就好了 |
[04:11] | There’s a reason I haven’t made a move. | 我一直按兵不动是有原因的 |
[04:12] | Myriad reasons, endless reasons. | 各种原因 无尽的原因 |
[04:14] | Someone want to catch me up? | 我错过了什么吗 |
[04:17] | I have been advising Lily | 我已经指导莉莉 |
[04:18] | for a couple of years. | 几年时间了 |
[04:19] | We’ve spent a lot of time together. | 我们在一起度过了很多时光 |
[04:21] | And yes… | 没错… |
[04:24] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[04:25] | Like, like her like her. | 就是喜欢她的那种喜欢 |
[04:27] | But you never told her. | 但你一直没告诉她 |
[04:29] | I’m her supervisor. | 我是她的导师 |
[04:31] | It’s not appropriate. | 这样不合适 |
[04:34] | Besides, the university forbids faculty-student relationships. | 而且学校禁止师生恋 |
[04:37] | So now you think other people have become aware | 所以现在你觉得人们已经知道了 |
[04:40] | that you’re attracted to her, and this will make you a suspect | 你喜欢她 如果她受到伤害 |
[04:43] | if she comes to some harm? | 你就会变成嫌疑犯 |
[04:44] | I got a warning from the Dean of Mathematics | 几周前数学系的主任 |
[04:46] | a couple weeks ago. | 警告过我 |
[04:47] | Apparently, some students and faculty | 显然 有些学生和教员 |
[04:50] | had taken notice and complained. | 注意到并投诉了我们 |
[04:52] | So you’re worried that if something’s happened to her, | 所以你担心如果她出事了 |
[04:54] | that people are gonna think you’re responsible. | 人们会觉得你有责任 |
[04:56] | Look, I don’t want to make this seem like it’s all about me. | 听着 我不想让这看起来都关于我 |
[05:00] | The most important thing to me is that Lily is okay. | 对我来说最重要的是莉莉没事 |
[05:02] | I care about her. | 我关心她 |
[05:04] | But I’m also not an idiot. | 但我也不是白痴 |
[05:07] | I know how this could look. | 我知道这看起来是什么样 |
[05:08] | I get slapped on the wrist for taking an interest in her, | 我因为喜欢她而受到了一些惩罚 |
[05:12] | and then she disappears. | 然后她就失踪了 |
[05:13] | We’ll talk to her roommate and her family, | 我们会去跟她的室友和家人谈谈 |
[05:15] | but to be honest, she could be safe and sound. | 但说实话 她可能什么事都没有 |
[05:17] | But if something has happened, | 但如果出事了 |
[05:19] | and from what you’re describing, | 根据你的描述 |
[05:20] | I don’t think anyone is gonna suspect you of hurting her. | 我觉得没人会怀疑你伤害了她 |
[05:30] | Harlan Emple? | 哈伦·安普尔吗 |
[05:32] | I’m Agent Polk. This is Agent Spinoza. | 我是波尔克探员 这是斯宾诺沙探员 |
[05:34] | We’re with the FBI. | 我们是联调局的 |
[05:35] | We need to speak to you about one of your students, | 我们要跟你谈谈你的一个学生 |
[05:37] | Lily Zavala. | 莉莉·萨瓦拉 |
[05:40] | Is she all right? | 她没事吧 |
[05:41] | Miss Zavala was kidnapped. | 萨瓦拉小姐被绑架了 |
[05:43] | We’d like to ask you some questions. | 我们要问你几个问题 |
[05:47] | My boss talked to your captain, | 我的上司跟你们的警监聊过了 |
[05:49] | said I should bring you up to speed. | 告诉我要让你们了解进展 |
[05:50] | Far as we can tell, Miss Zavala was last seen | 据我们所知 萨瓦拉小姐最后被人看到 |
[05:53] | leaving the campus library around 11:00, night before last. | 是前天晚上十一点离开学校的图书馆 |
[05:56] | Her apartment’s only a few blocks away, | 她的公寓就在几个街区之外 |
[05:57] | at 108th and Amsterdam, | 在阿姆斯特丹街108号 |
[05:58] | but it doesn’t look like she ever made it home. | 但她好像一直没有回家 |
[06:01] | This morning, her parents got a call from the kidnappers, | 今天早上 她父母接到绑匪的电话 |
[06:03] | demanding half a million dollars | 让他们拿50万美元 |
[06:04] | in exchange for her return. | 把她赎回去 |
[06:06] | That’s when we were notified. | 我们就是那时接到案子的 |
[06:08] | Does her family have that kind of money? | 她家有那么多钱吗 |
[06:10] | Mom owns a successful software company, | 她妈妈有一家成功的软件公司 |
[06:12] | so the parents are ready to pay. | 所以她父母已经准备交钱了 |
[06:13] | Our counterparts in San Jose are set up there, | 我们圣何塞的同事已经准备好了 |
[06:16] | awaiting instructions from the kidnappers. | 正在等绑匪的指示 |
[06:18] | Meantime, we’re doing our best to find Miss Zavala. | 同时我们也在尽力寻找萨瓦拉小姐 |
[06:20] | So I take it you became interested in Harlan | 所以我猜你们是在去过学校之后 |
[06:22] | after you visited the school? | 才盯上哈伦的 |
[06:23] | And I take it you’re aware | 而我猜你们知道 |
[06:24] | of Mr. Emple’s fixation on the victim? | 安普尔先生对受害人的痴迷 |
[06:26] | “Fixation” is a rather loaded word. | “痴迷”是个很重的词 |
[06:28] | Is it wrong in this case? | 在这个案子中这样描述有错吗 |
[06:29] | Well, it is if you’re suggesting that he could do her harm. | 如果你是在说他可能伤害她 那就错了 |
[06:32] | The captain vouched for us. | 警监替我们作了担保 |
[06:33] | I, in turn, can vouch for Harlan. | 我可以给哈伦作担保 |
[06:35] | He wouldn’t hurt a fly. | 他连一只苍蝇都不会伤害 |
[06:36] | Well, the dean we spoke to cited multiple reports | 系主任跟我们说他收到多份报告 |
[06:39] | of Mr. Emple’s inappropriate behavior. | 投诉安普尔先生的不当行为 |
[06:42] | Showing Miss Zavala favoritism in class, | 在课堂上表现出对萨瓦拉小姐的偏爱 |
[06:44] | giving her gifts. | 给她送礼物 |
[06:45] | One student even used the term “Longing looks” | 一个学生甚至用了”渴望的眼神” |
[06:48] | if you don’t like “Fixation” | 如果你不喜欢”痴迷”这个词 |
[06:49] | how does “Obsession” strike you? | 那你觉得”执念”怎么样 |
[06:54] | I understand you wanting to help your friend, | 我理解你想帮助你的朋友 |
[06:55] | but we have a responsibility to investigate every lead. | 但我们有责任调查每一条线索 |
[06:58] | If Mr. Emple is innocent, he’s got nothing to worry about. | 如果安普尔先生是无辜的 他就不用怕 |
[07:02] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, my partner’s waiting. | 现在请恕我失陪 我的搭档在等我 |
[07:11] | Harlan’s fear of getting himself in trouble | 哈伦担心惹麻烦 |
[07:12] | is the very thing that has made him appear suspicious. | 正是让他看起来可疑的原因 |
[07:15] | I don’t think it’s fair. | 我觉得这不公平 |
[07:16] | He did not kidnap her. | 他没有绑架她 |
[07:18] | But if she disappeared between the library and her apartment, | 如果她是在图书馆和公寓之间失踪的 |
[07:20] | I’m sure that the FBI is definitely canvassing that area. | 我敢肯定联调局肯定在搜查那一片 |
[07:23] | I think we should, too. | 我觉得我们也应该去 |
[07:24] | Maybe we’ll find something they missed. | 也许能找到他们遗漏的东西 |
[07:25] | You go. I’d like to stay here. | 你去吧 我想待在这里 |
[07:27] | Obviously, the Bureau is barking | 显然联调局找错了人 |
[07:28] | up the wrong tree with Harlan, | 一直盯着哈伦不放 |
[07:29] | but they are several hours ahead of us in their investigation, | 但他们比我们早几个小时开始调查 |
[07:32] | so I’d like to find out what they know. | 我想看看他们都知道什么 |
[07:36] | Sorry. Like I already told the FBI guys, | 抱歉 我已经跟联调局的人说过了 |
[07:38] | our cameras haven’t worked here in ages. | 我们的摄像头很久没有工作过了 |
[07:40] | I think the owner just likes them there for show. | 我觉得主人就是把它们当成摆设 |
[07:42] | What about someone who was working here | 那前天晚上十一点左右 |
[07:43] | around 11:00 two nights ago– maybe they saw something? | 上班的人呢 他们看到什么了吗 |
[07:45] | We close by 10:00, so by 11:00, everyone who works here is gone. | 我们十点关门 所以十一点早就没人了 |
[07:50] | I told you to stop emptying your toilet in our toilet! | 我说了别在我们的厕所清理你的马桶 |
[07:54] | Was there anything else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[07:56] | No. | 没了 |
[07:57] | You’ve been really helpful. Thanks. | 你帮了大忙 谢谢 |
[08:03] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[08:04] | Sir, do you live in your car? | 先生 你住在车里吗 |
[08:06] | Hey, look, it’s parked legally. | 听着 我是合法停车 |
[08:07] | Alternate side isn’t until tomorrow. | 明天才需要调转方向 |
[08:08] | No, no, no, I’m not hassling you. | 不 我不是来找你麻烦的 |
[08:10] | A woman was kidnapped in this area | 两天前的晚上大约十一点 |
[08:12] | two nights ago, around 11:00. | 有个女人在这里被绑架了 |
[08:13] | I was just looking for anyone who might have seen something. | 我只是在找可能目击了这件事的人 |
[08:16] | Oh, well, then no, I don’t live in the car, | 这样啊 那不是 我不住车里 |
[08:18] | and I wasn’t around then, | 而且我那时候也不在这里 |
[08:20] | but I did have a guest booked that night. | 但我那天晚上有客人订了车 |
[08:22] | He might have seen something. | 他可能看到了什么 |
[08:23] | You had a guest? | 你有个客人 |
[08:24] | I’m sorry, people pay you to sleep in your car? | 抱歉 人们给你钱然后睡在你车里 |
[08:27] | Yeah, it’s called AwayKay Mobile. It’s part of the app. | 对 这叫”移动旅馆” 是手机应用 |
[08:29] | You know, like you’d rent out an apartment for the night, | 就像你去租一晚公寓一样 |
[08:32] | only this is a lot cheaper. | 只是这样便宜很多 |
[08:35] | It’s totally legal, | 这是完全合法的 |
[08:36] | as long as I obey the parking laws and keep it clean. | 只要我遵守停车规则并保证卫生 |
[08:38] | Okay, so you were parked here two night ago, | 好吧 所以你前天晚上停在这里 |
[08:40] | and someone was sleeping here. | 而且有人睡在车里 |
[08:41] | Do you mind giving me their information? | 你能给我他们的信息吗 |
[08:43] | Oh, yeah, sure, totally. Um, I-I just… | 好 当然 可以 我只是… |
[08:45] | gotta make a quick phone call first, okay? | 先让我打个电话 好吗 |
[08:49] | Hey, Tori. Hey, hey, it’s Eli. | 托里 我是伊莱 |
[08:51] | Yeah, just wanted to let you know | 对 我只是通知你 |
[08:52] | your AwayKay Mobile is ready for check-in. | 你的移动旅馆已经可以入住了 |
[09:00] | How’s Harlan holding up? | 哈伦怎么样了 |
[09:02] | As well as can be expected. | 跟预想的一样好 |
[09:04] | Hasn’t been arrested yet. | 还没有被逮捕 |
[09:05] | Anything come of your lead– | 你的线索呢 |
[09:07] | the man who spent a night in a minivan? | 那个在小货车里过夜的男人 |
[09:09] | He saw a woman matching Lily’s description | 他看到一个符合莉莉特征的女人 |
[09:11] | being forced into a car by a man. | 被一个男人塞进车里 |
[09:13] | He didn’t come forward sooner | 他没有上前去看 |
[09:14] | because he thought it was just a domestic spat. | 因为他以为那是夫妻吵架 |
[09:18] | Also, he was in the city, | 而且他那时在城里 |
[09:19] | spending as little money as possible, | 想尽可能少花钱 |
[09:21] | because he was cheating on his wife. | 因为他在背着他妻子偷情 |
[09:22] | Did our frugal philanderer get a look at the kidnapper’s face? | 节俭的风流男子看到绑匪的脸了吗 |
[09:25] | No, it was too dark, but he did describe the car– | 不 当时太黑了 但他描述了车 |
[09:27] | a blue Toyota with a white door panel. | 一辆有白色车门的蓝色丰田车 |
[09:29] | I passed the information on to Agent Polk. | 我把这条信息告诉了波尔克探员 |
[09:31] | Now, the kidnapper and Harlan’s body type do not match, | 绑匪和哈伦的体型并不符合 |
[09:34] | but Agent Polk did not seem to care. | 但波尔克探员好像并不在意 |
[09:36] | Of course he didn’t. | 他当然不在意 |
[09:37] | Harlan could have hired someone | 哈伦可以雇一个人 |
[09:38] | to abduct Lily for him. | 替他绑架莉莉 |
[09:42] | You seem annoyed by him. | 你看起来像是在生他的气 |
[09:44] | Agent Polk’s just doing his job. | 波尔克探员只是在做他的工作 |
[09:46] | Not him. By Harlan. | 不是他 是哈伦 |
[09:47] | I noticed yesterday at the apartment. | 我昨天在公寓注意到了 |
[09:49] | It’s almost like you blame him | 你好像在责怪他 |
[09:51] | for making himself a suspect. | 让自己变成了嫌疑犯 |
[09:52] | For two years, I’ve listened to him whine about Lily. | 两年来 我一直听他抱怨莉莉的事 |
[09:55] | I suggested that he break the school rules | 我建议他打破学校的规矩 |
[09:58] | if he really cares about her that much. | 如果他真的那么在乎她的话 |
[09:59] | Or resign his position, | 或者辞职 |
[10:00] | find a job elsewhere. | 去别的地方找个工作 |
[10:01] | Or just forget about her, move on. | 或者就把她忘了 向前看 |
[10:03] | At the very least, I urged him to find out where he stands. | 至少我让他尽快认清自己的立场 |
[10:06] | But he wouldn’t do that. | 但他不愿意那么做 |
[10:07] | No. I think, on some level, | 对 我觉得在某种程度上 |
[10:09] | he likes having his affections set on the unattainable. | 他想让自己喜欢的人遥不可及 |
[10:12] | It’s safer. | 这样更安全 |
[10:13] | As long as he loves someone that he can’t have, | 只要他一直爱着一个无法拥有的人 |
[10:15] | then he never has to put himself at risk. | 那他就永远不用冒险 |
[10:20] | It’s Marcus. | 是马库斯 |
[10:21] | A vehicle matching the description of the kidnapper | 一辆符合绑匪特征的车 |
[10:23] | was spotted outside an abandoned school. | 停在一所废弃学校外面 |
[10:34] | Feds led the way in 30 minutes ago. | 联调局的人半小时前到的 |
[10:37] | Miss Zavala? | 萨瓦拉小姐呢 |
[10:38] | I’m told there’s evidence she was being held here, | 我听说证据表明她曾被关在这里 |
[10:40] | but she isn’t here anymore. | 但她现在不在这里了 |
[10:41] | Any idea where they took her | 知道他们带她去哪了吗 |
[10:42] | or if she’s alive? | 或者她还活着吗 |
[10:44] | I’m about to head in myself. | 我也正要亲自去看看 |
[10:46] | I heard one more thing. | 我还听说了一件事 |
[10:47] | Feds found a body in there. | 联调局在里面发现一具尸体 |
[10:58] | His name is James Cantrell. | 他叫吉姆斯·坎特里尔 |
[11:01] | Ex-con, goes by Jimmy. | 有前科 俗称吉米 |
[11:03] | Spent three years in Otisville for armed robbery. | 因持枪抢劫在奥蒂斯维尔蹲了三年 |
[11:06] | Well, he fits the description of the kidnapper | 他符合移动旅馆的客人 |
[11:08] | that the AwayKay witness gave us. | 告诉我们的绑匪特征 |
[11:10] | I’m gonna go out on a limb and say | 我要冒险推测 |
[11:11] | we’re looking at the murder weapon. | 眼前这个就是凶器 |
[11:13] | Probably means this wasn’t planned. | 也许说明这不是计划好的 |
[11:15] | We think Mr. Cantrell had an accomplice. | 我们认为坎特里尔先生有同伙 |
[11:17] | Could be things went south between them. | 可能是他们闹翻了 |
[11:19] | What about the Toyota parked outside? | 停在外面的那辆丰田呢 |
[11:20] | Any idea who owns it? | 知道车是谁的吗 |
[11:22] | I ran the registration. | 我查了注册信息 |
[11:23] | It was reported stolen a week ago. | 一周前那辆车被上报失窃 |
[11:25] | So far, looks like a dead end. | 目前看起来是个死胡同 |
[11:27] | You said there was evidence | 你说有证据表明 |
[11:28] | that Lily Zavala was held here. | 莉莉·萨瓦拉曾被关在这里 |
[11:30] | In here. | 这边 |
[11:36] | It looks like Miss Zavala was tied up over there. | 看起来萨瓦拉小姐被绑在这里 |
[11:40] | There’s duct tape on the legs of the chair. | 椅子腿上有胶带的痕迹 |
[11:47] | Those are from Lily’s glasses. | 那是莉莉的眼镜 |
[11:49] | I recognize them from the photos. | 我在照片里看到过 |
[11:53] | We got scuff marks from shoe heels | 我们看到鞋跟的痕迹 |
[11:55] | leading out the door. | 通向门口 |
[11:56] | Figure she put up a fight on her way out. | 认为她在出去的时候挣扎过 |
[11:58] | Hopefully, whoever has her will still make contact | 但愿绑架她的人还会联系她的家人 |
[12:00] | with the ransom instructions. | 下达关于赎金的指示 |
[12:02] | I’m not so sure they will. | 我觉得他们不会了 |
[12:04] | What, you think she’s already dead? | 什么 你觉得她已经死了吗 |
[12:06] | No, I didn’t say that. | 不 我没那么说 |
[12:08] | But I’m starting to doubt whether this was ever about ransom. | 但我开始怀疑这是不是为了赎金 |
[12:11] | I know from conversations with Harlan | 我从跟哈伦的对话中得知 |
[12:13] | that this is the particular energy drink | 这是萨瓦拉小姐 |
[12:15] | that Miss Zavala likes to keep her mind sharp | 在思考特别困难的方程式时 |
[12:17] | when she’s working on particularly difficult equations. | 专门用来保持敏锐头脑的能量饮料 |
[12:21] | So? | 所以呢 |
[12:22] | Kidnappers bring their victims | 绑匪总是会满足 |
[12:23] | special food requests all the time. | 他们的受害者的特殊食物需求 |
[12:25] | Helps keep them compliant. | 这样他们就会更加顺从 |
[12:26] | But there’s also this packet | 但是还有这个 |
[12:28] | for a scientific calculator. | 科学计算器的包装 |
[12:32] | I don’t think they were just holding her here. | 我不认为他们只是让她待在这里 |
[12:33] | I think they had her doing mathematics. | 我觉得他们在让她做一些算数 |
[12:36] | Maybe they took her | 也许他们绑走她 |
[12:36] | because they want her to work on a problem for them. | 是为了让她帮助他们解决问题 |
[12:39] | Well, if they did, | 如果真是如此 |
[12:40] | there’s much less chance they’ll let her go free | 等她完成工作之后 他们就更不可能会放她走了 |
[12:41] | when she’s finished– ransom or no. | 无论有没有赎金 |
[12:43] | Even if she hasn’t seen the kidnappers’ faces, | 就算她不知道绑匪的长相 |
[12:45] | she could tell us what kind of work they had her doing. | 她也能告诉我们他们让她做了什么 |
[12:48] | And that could help us identify them. | 而那会帮助我们确定绑匪的身份 |
[12:49] | Or, at the very least, | 又或者 至少 |
[12:50] | thwart whatever plans they have | 不管他们对她提供的数据 |
[12:52] | for the data she was providing. | 有什么计划 |
[12:53] | Meaning, if she is still alive right now, | 意思是 如果她现在还活着 |
[12:55] | as soon as she’s done with what they need her to do… | 只要她完成了他们需要她做的工作 |
[12:58] | There’s every chance she’s a dead woman. | 那她基本上必死无疑 |
[13:04] | Lily was kidnapped so she could do math? | 莉莉是因为数学好才被绑架的 |
[13:07] | At the moment, it’s just a theory. | 目前为止 这只是个猜测 |
[13:09] | But how else to explain the items we found at the scene? | 但除此之外无法解释我们在现场找到的那些东西 |
[13:12] | Don’t get me wrong– it makes sense. | 别误会 这很合理 |
[13:14] | Lily is a genius. | 莉莉是个天才 |
[13:15] | But if the people who took her only wanted her for math, | 但如果那些绑走她的人只想要她的数学能力 |
[13:19] | then what’s up with the ransom demand? | 那为什么还要求赎金呢 |
[13:21] | Well, I have a theory about that, as well. | 我对此也有个猜想 |
[13:22] | But first– do you recall her | 但首先 你回忆一下 |
[13:23] | ever mentioning a man named Jimmy Cantrell? | 她有没有提过一个叫做吉米·坎特里尔的男人 |
[13:26] | No. | 没有 |
[13:27] | He’s the man who was killed. | 他就是那个死者 |
[13:29] | The FBI found a burner phone in his pocket. | 联调局在他的口袋里找到了一部一次性手机 |
[13:31] | It’s the same phone used to contact Lily’s parents. | 跟用来联系莉莉父母的是同一部 |
[13:34] | So, that’s why his partner killed him? | 所以 这就是他搭档杀害他的原因 |
[13:36] | He was just tying up a loose end? | 他只是在进行收尾工作 |
[13:37] | No, I think it’s more complicated than that. | 不 我觉得要更复杂一些 |
[13:39] | I think Jimmy went off-script. | 我认为吉米没按计划行事 |
[13:42] | He and his partner | 他和他的搭档 |
[13:43] | kidnapped Lily to apply her to a problem | 绑架莉莉来帮他们解决 |
[13:45] | that involved complicated mathematics. | 一个涉及复杂算数的问题 |
[13:47] | Nothing more, nothing less. | 仅此而已 |
[13:49] | I submit that, subsequently, | 但是后来 我认为 |
[13:51] | Jimmy discovered that Lily came from a wealthy family. | 吉米得知莉莉出生在一个富裕家庭 |
[13:55] | How? | 他是怎么知道的 |
[13:56] | Well, it’s possible she told him herself | 很有可能是她为了赎回自由时 |
[13:57] | in a bid to buy her freedom, | 自己告诉他的 |
[13:59] | or perhaps her social media had indications. | 又或者是通过她的社交媒体了解到的 |
[14:01] | In any event, | 不管怎样 |
[14:02] | they now had a second way to profit from her abduction. | 他们现在从她的绑架中又多了一种受益的方法 |
[14:06] | He made the ransom demand without telling his partner. | 他在没有告知同伴的情况下打电话要求赎金 |
[14:09] | And then his partner found out about it and killed him. | 然后他的搭档发现了 于是就杀了他 |
[14:12] | There was ample evidence that | 有充分的证据表明 |
[14:13] | the murder was not premeditated. | 那不是有预谋的谋杀 |
[14:15] | If Jimmy was a loose end, | 如果杀死吉米是为了善后 |
[14:16] | why not kill him elsewhere, | 为什么不在别的地方杀了他 |
[14:18] | and with a weapon more traditional | 为什么不用一个比生锈的灭火器 |
[14:19] | than a rusty fire extinguisher? | 更传统的武器 |
[14:21] | Also, since his demise, Lily’s parents have received | 还有 在他死掉之后 莉莉的父母 |
[14:24] | no additional instructions. | 没有再收到进一步的指示 |
[14:26] | Okay, but why wouldn’t the partner want the ransom money? | 好吧 但是他搭档为什么不想要赎金 |
[14:30] | Well, I imagine he stands to profit more | 我想他会从莉莉的工作中 |
[14:31] | from the work that Lily is doing. | 获益更多 |
[14:33] | We won’t know until we catch him. | 我们只有抓到他才能得知了 |
[14:40] | Do you think that she saw it? | 你觉得她看见了吗 |
[14:43] | This jackass getting his head bashed in? | 这个混蛋把他的头打得稀烂 |
[14:46] | Oh, well, that’s difficult to say. | 这很难说 |
[14:48] | She was being held in an adjoining room. | 毕竟她就被关在隔壁房间 |
[14:51] | You’re upset. | 你很失落 |
[14:54] | Look, look, if you… | 如果你 |
[14:54] | if you need to disrobe, feel free. | 如果你需要脱衣服 请自便 |
[14:57] | You’re in a safe place. | 你很安全 |
[14:57] | Just-just mind the furniture. | 只是注意点家具 |
[14:59] | No, I only get naked for math. | 不 我只为数学而裸 |
[15:02] | This, this… this is the opposite of math. | 这 这与数学全然相反 |
[15:05] | This doesn’t make any sense. | 这完全没有道理 |
[15:08] | Kidnapping someone like Lily, | 绑架像莉莉这样的人 |
[15:11] | putting her through all that… | 让她经历这一切 |
[15:15] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[15:17] | What if the FBI thinks that I’m the partner? | 如果联调局认为我就是那个同伙怎么办 |
[15:19] | Well, the thought did cross their mind, | 他们的确有过这个想法 |
[15:21] | but I was quick to point out that your mathematics skills | 但我很快就指出你的数学能力 |
[15:23] | far exceed Lily’s. | 远超莉莉 |
[15:25] | There isn’t a problem that exists | 没有什么问题 |
[15:26] | that you couldn’t tackle on your own. | 是你不能自行解决的 |
[15:29] | In the meantime, | 同时 |
[15:29] | Joan and one of our colleagues are meeting | 乔恩和我们的一位同事正在 |
[15:31] | with Jimmy Cantrell’s parole officer. | 和吉米·坎特里尔假释官会面 |
[15:34] | With any luck, we’ll find the name of the partner | 幸运的话 我们会在已知涉案人员的名单上 |
[15:36] | on a list of known associates. | 找到这个同伙 |
[15:41] | Guess I was wrong about Jimmy. | 看来我对吉米的判断有误 |
[15:43] | He did have brains. | 他的确有脑子 |
[15:45] | I can see ’em all over his shirt. | 我能看到它们布满了他的衬衣 |
[15:46] | How long were you his parole officer? | 你当他的假释官有多久了 |
[15:48] | Little over six months. | 六个月多一点 |
[15:50] | I told him, just like I tell all my guys, | 我跟他说 就像我告诉所有我负责的人那样 |
[15:52] | keep your nose clean, you’ll be fine. | 洁身自爱 你就会安然无恙 |
[15:54] | Obviously, Jimmy didn’t listen. | 很显然 吉米没有听我的话 |
[15:55] | And now his nose is at the back of his skull. | 而现在他的鼻子跑到了他的头骨后面 |
[15:59] | This is everything I got on him. | 这是我掌握的所有关于他的信息 |
[16:01] | It’s not a lot, huh? | 并不多啊 |
[16:02] | Like I said, only had him for six months. | 如我所说 我只负责了他六个月 |
[16:04] | Do you know if he was hanging out | 你知道他有没有和什么 |
[16:05] | with some people that he shouldn’t have? | 不应该来往的人来往 |
[16:08] | Far as I could tell, he was on the straight and narrow. | 据我所知 他很安分守己 |
[16:10] | No drinking, no drugs. | 不酗酒 不吸毒 |
[16:12] | Only problem he had was finding work, | 他唯一的问题就是没找着工作 |
[16:14] | but that’s par for the course with these guys. | 但现在的人都有这个困扰 |
[16:15] | What about Jimmy’s two brothers? | 那吉米的两个兄弟呢 |
[16:17] | Says here they were his codefendants | 这上面说他因抢劫酒类商店入狱 |
[16:19] | in the liquor store robbery he went to prison for. | 他们是共同被告人 |
[16:21] | Mmm, Conrad and Geno. | 康拉德和基诺 |
[16:22] | They’re both still locked up. | 他们还在牢里 |
[16:24] | Jimmy was just their wheelman, so he got a shorter sentence. | 吉米只是给他们开车的人 所以他的刑期短点 |
[16:27] | Obviously, neither one of them did this kidnapping with him. | 很明显 他们都不能和他一起参与绑架 |
[16:29] | Can you think of any reason why he would have needed help | 你知道为什么他会需要一位 |
[16:32] | from an applied mathematician? | 应用数学家的帮助吗 |
[16:34] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:34] | Someone asked him what two plus two was. | 有人问他二加二等于几了呗 |
[16:40] | Jimmy was a simple guy. | 吉米是个简单的人 |
[16:42] | Abducting this girl and putting her to work | 绑架这个女的还逼她 |
[16:44] | on some mystery math problem? | 解什么神秘的数学难题 |
[16:46] | It doesn’t sound simple; it sounds complicated. | 这听起来并不简单 听起来很复杂 |
[16:48] | I gotta think it was the partner’s idea. | 我觉得这是他同伙的主意 |
[16:52] | You see the business card I stapled to the folder? | 看见我钉在文件夹上的名片了吗 |
[16:56] | “Marvin Hathaway.” | “马文·哈撒韦” |
[16:57] | Jimmy’s landlord. You should call him. | 吉米的房东 你应该打给他 |
[16:59] | Ask him to let you into Jimmy’s apartment. | 要他让你进去吉米的公寓 |
[17:02] | That was the last place I saw Jimmy. | 那是我最后看见吉米的地方 |
[17:03] | Popped in on him three days ago. | 我三天前去看过他 |
[17:05] | Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but who knows? | 看起来没什么不寻常的 但谁知道呢 |
[17:08] | Maybe you’ll see something I missed. | 或许你们能发现我没发觉的东西 |
[17:10] | I didn’t have any complaints against Jimmy. | 我对吉米没什么意见 |
[17:13] | I’d even go so far as to say he was a good tenant, | 我甚至觉得他是个不错的租户 |
[17:16] | if he didn’t owe me three months back rent. | 如果他没欠我三个月的房租的话 |
[17:20] | I guess I can kiss that good-bye. | 我想这钱是要不回来了 |
[17:29] | I see why Jimmy was behind on his rent. | 我知道为什么吉米交不起房租了 |
[17:31] | He was a betting man. | 他爱赌博 |
[17:33] | These numbers are the lines he was getting from his bookie. | 这些数字是他从赌博经纪人那得来的 |
[17:35] | I’m guessing these X’s are games that didn’t go his way. | 我猜这些”x”代表结果与预期不符的比赛 |
[17:39] | If they are, | 如果是这样 |
[17:40] | then he was as habitual a loser | 那他的赌运 |
[17:41] | as he was a gambler. | 也和他本人一样衰了 |
[17:43] | That son of a bitch. | 这个混球 |
[17:45] | He told me he was sending the money home to his mother. | 他跟我说他把钱寄回家给他妈了 |
[17:48] | If you find any here, does it go to pay the people he owed? | 如果你们找出了钱 能用来还他欠的债吗 |
[17:51] | I think maybe you should wait outside, Mr. Hathaway. | 我觉得或许你应该在外面等着 哈撒韦先生 |
[17:53] | We’ll find you when we’re done. | 我们完事后会去找你的 |
[17:58] | What do you make of these? | 你们觉得这是什么 |
[18:01] | Ink stains? | 墨渍 |
[18:03] | Look how they’re all clustered. | 看这些墨渍全都在一起 |
[18:05] | The spacing is even, but the pattern is always different. | 间隔一样大 但图案都不一样 |
[18:09] | Bingo. | 宾果 |
[18:11] | Literally. | 字面意思 |
[18:13] | These are made by a bingo dauber, | 这些是宾果画笔的印子 |
[18:16] | a pen used to mark bingo cards. | 用来画宾果卡的笔 |
[18:17] | And they were created when an especially damp dauber | 这些墨渍是一支宾果画笔 |
[18:20] | bled through a set of cards. | 画在一套卡片上时留下的 |
[18:21] | So Jimmy wasn’t just placing sports bets. | 所以吉米下的不仅仅是体育赛事赌注 |
[18:23] | He was spending time in a bingo parlor? | 他还玩宾果 |
[18:23] | 在5×5的方格纸上进行 最先在纸上集满五条横线、直线或对角线者胜利 | |
[18:26] | There’s a lot of math in bookmaking, right? | 宾果游戏需要大量数学计算 对吗 |
[18:27] | So maybe Jimmy’s bookie was his partner. | 所以或许吉米的经纪人就是他的同伙 |
[18:30] | He needed a mathematician for something complicated, | 他需要一位数学家负责复杂的运算 |
[18:33] | so Jimmy kidnapped Lily for him. | 所以吉米为他绑架了莉莉 |
[18:35] | Could be. | 可能 |
[18:36] | But there are hundreds of bookies in the New York area. | 但纽约地区有几百名赌博经纪人 |
[18:39] | We’ve got no indication which one he was using. | 我们猜不出他用的是谁 |
[18:41] | Actually, I think you’re wrong about that. | 事实上 我觉得你错了 |
[18:48] | N36 N-36. | |
[18:50] | N36 N-three-six. | |
[18:53] | I30 I-30. | |
[18:56] | I30 I-three-zero. | |
[18:57] | Sylvia Kozar. | 西尔维娅·科扎 |
[18:59] | Detective Bell. You remember me? | 我是贝尔警探 还记得我吗 |
[19:02] | I used to work Vice. | 之前我是副警探 |
[19:03] | Arrested your son a few years back. | 几年前抓过你儿子 |
[19:05] | He was collecting for you. | 他那时在给你收钱 |
[19:07] | Broke the arm of a guy who owed you money. | 弄断了一个欠你钱的人的胳膊 |
[19:09] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[19:10] | Sylvia may not look it, | 西尔维娅可能看起来不像 |
[19:12] | but she’s one of the baddest bookmakers in the city. | 但她是城里最厉害的博彩业者 |
[19:14] | She’s been at it a long time. | 她从事这行很长时间了 |
[19:16] | I’m just the humble owner of a bingo parlor. | 我只是一个卑微的宾果游戏商店店主 |
[19:19] | You want to play, Detective? | 想下注吗 警探 |
[19:20] | First card’s on me. | 第一张卡免费 |
[19:22] | No. We want to know about Jimmy Cantrell. | 不了 我们想了解下吉米··坎特里尔 |
[19:24] | We think that, in addition to playing bingo here, | 我们认为 他除了在这玩宾果外 |
[19:26] | he also placed bets with you. | 还在你这下注 |
[19:28] | – I never heard of him. – A few nights ago, | -没听说过这个人 -几晚前 |
[19:31] | Jimmy kidnapped a woman named Lily Zavala. | 吉米绑架了一个叫莉莉·萨瓦拉的女人 |
[19:33] | She was a mathematician. | 她是个数学家 |
[19:34] | When my colleague wondered | 我的同事猜测 |
[19:35] | if it might have something to do with bookmaking, | 这可能和下注有关 |
[19:37] | I thought of you. | 我就想到你了 |
[19:39] | Maybe you made him a deal. | 或许你跟他做了笔交易 |
[19:40] | He kidnaps someone | 他绑来一个人 |
[19:42] | who can help you set better lines on games, | 能帮你在游戏中更好地排线 |
[19:44] | you forgive his debt. | 他欠你的钱就不用还了 |
[19:45] | I told you when you arrested my son: I’m no bookie. | 你逮捕我儿子时我就说了 我不是经纪人 |
[19:49] | No, you’re a bingo queen. | 不 你是宾果女王 |
[19:51] | The thing is, a mathematician could be equally helpful to you | 问题是 数学家在这个领域 |
[19:54] | in that capacity, ’cause you cheat. | 会对你相当有帮助 因为你出老千 |
[19:57] | I’ve been looking at your blower, | 我一直在看你的摇奖机 |
[19:58] | and I have yet to see a number six or 29. | 还没看到数字6或29 |
[20:01] | Perhaps that’s not the extent of your chicanery. | 或许这不是你的诡计中的一部分 |
[20:03] | The arrangement of the numbers on the bingo cards | 你可以操纵宾果卡上的数字组合 |
[20:05] | can be manipulated to favor the house. | 以此来为自己盈利 |
[20:06] | It’s not easy, ’cause places like this are highly regulated, | 这并不容易 因为这种地方的监管很严 |
[20:09] | and inspectors are trained to look for such things. | 警探们都受训来识别这种骗术 |
[20:10] | But who knows? | 但谁知道呢 |
[20:11] | With the help of a genius mathematician… | 有了天才数学家的帮助 |
[20:14] | Sylvia… | 西尔维娅 |
[20:15] | if I stop the game right now and check the machine, | 如果我现在叫停比赛检查机器 |
[20:18] | am I gonna find two balls missing? | 我会发现有两个球消失了吗 |
[20:20] | ‘Cause I don’t see that going over too well with your patrons. | 因为在我看来你的顾客们运气并不好 |
[20:23] | Yeah, could be enough to shut this whole place down. | 是啊 可能足够让这里关张了 |
[20:27] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[20:28] | I know Jimmy. | 我认识吉米 |
[20:30] | But I don’t know anything about any kidnapping. | 但我对绑架的事一无所知 |
[20:33] | And if he said different, he’s lying to you. | 如果他说事实相反 那他就在撒谎 |
[20:35] | Jimmy’s dead. | 吉米死了 |
[20:37] | Someone bashed his skull in last night. | 昨晚有人敲碎了他的头骨 |
[20:39] | We think the person who put him up to the kidnapping | 我们认为让他犯下绑架案的人 |
[20:41] | is the one who did it. | 就是凶手 |
[20:42] | Yeah, well, I don’t need any mathematician. | 我不需要什么数学家 |
[20:45] | Why would I? | 我为什么需要 |
[20:46] | I set my own lines. I always have. | 我向来都有自己的方式 |
[20:49] | And those cards are legit. | 那些卡也没问题 |
[20:51] | I don’t know, Sylvia. | 我不确定 西尔维娅 |
[20:53] | Based on the notes Jimmy was keeping, | 根据吉米留下的记录 |
[20:55] | he was into you for at least five grand. | 他至少欠你五千美金 |
[20:57] | Try ten. | 你应该猜一万 |
[20:59] | But we were square. | 但我们算清账了 |
[21:00] | He paid me off in full the other day. | 他那天全款付清了 |
[21:03] | You see those cameras? | 你看到那些摄像机了吗 |
[21:05] | They run 24-7. | 它们全天候开着 |
[21:07] | I’ll show you. He walked in here, and he handed me an envelope. | 我给你看 他走进来给了我一个信封 |
[21:11] | Say we believe you. | 假设我们相信你 |
[21:13] | Did Jimmy mention how he got the ten grand? | 吉米有提到他怎么搞到了一万美金吗 |
[21:15] | He said he was hired to do some work. | 他说他接了个工作 |
[21:18] | He was paid in advance. | 提前预支了工资 |
[21:19] | Maybe the work was to get the girl. | 可能工作就是要绑架那个女孩 |
[21:22] | But whoever hired him… | 但雇佣他的人 |
[21:24] | wasn’t me. | 可不是我 |
[21:27] | Look, I-I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[21:28] | We had a lead, and then we didn’t. | 我们有了线索 但又断了 |
[21:32] | Yes, of course. I’ll keep you apprised. | 当然 我会随时汇报 |
[21:33] | Yes. Okay. | 好 好 |
[21:35] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[21:38] | Harlan again? | 又是哈伦吗 |
[21:39] | Six calls in less than an hour. | 不到一小时内已经六通电话了 |
[21:41] | He’s worried about Lily. | 他担心莉莉 |
[21:42] | I’m worried about Lily. Been 72 hours, | 我也担心莉莉 已经72小时了 |
[21:44] | and we’re officially out of suspects. | 而我们也彻底没了嫌疑人 |
[21:46] | Have you heard anything else from the FBI? | 联调局还有消息吗 |
[21:48] | Only that Harlan is still a person of interest. | 只说哈伦还是重要涉案人员 |
[21:50] | I thought they agreed with you | 我以为他们同意你说的 |
[21:51] | that Lily was being forced to do math. | 莉莉被逼着做数学的情况 |
[21:53] | Harlan doesn’t need help doing math. | 哈伦做数学不需要帮助 |
[21:54] | No, but perhaps he takes perverse pleasure | 对 但可能他通过 |
[21:57] | in watching her slave over a particularly difficult problem. | 看着她绞尽脑汁破题来给自己变态的快感吧 |
[22:00] | Perhaps he gave her those items | 他给她那些东西 |
[22:01] | because he’s the mathematical equivalent of a sadist. | 可能就是因为他是数学界的虐待狂 |
[22:03] | – Is that what they think? – I don’t know what they think. | -他们那么想吗 -我不知道他们怎么想 |
[22:08] | You know, I was thinking about what you said last night. | 我在想你昨晚说的话 |
[22:11] | About how Harlan chose to fall in love with Lily | 你说哈伦选择爱上莉莉 |
[22:14] | because she was unattainable. | 是因为她遥不可及 |
[22:16] | Because it was safer. | 因为那样更安全 |
[22:18] | How is that different from what you do with Moriarty? | 这和你跟莫里亚蒂的事有什么区别 |
[22:20] | – Excuse me? – You can’t be with her, | -你说什么 -你不能和她在一起 |
[22:22] | but you haven’t let her go. | 但你还没有放手让她离去 |
[22:23] | Is that because it’s safer? | 是因为这样更安全吗 |
[22:25] | Are you comparing my relationship with Moriarty | 你是在拿我和莫里亚蒂的关系 |
[22:27] | to Harlan’s relationship with Lily? | 与哈伦和莉莉的关系相比吗 |
[22:28] | Yeah. Because of what you said last night. | 是 因为你昨晚说的话 |
[22:30] | And because I think you’re lonely. | 也因为我觉得你很孤独 |
[22:32] | I have for a while now. | 这样的感觉我有一段时间了 |
[22:34] | Lonely? | 孤独 |
[22:35] | You’re forgetting I called you yesterday from Athena’s bedroom. | 你忘了我昨天从雅典娜的卧房给你打电话了吗 |
[22:37] | I’m not talking about sex. | 我不是说性关系 |
[22:38] | I’m talking about a relationship– a real one. | 我是说真正的关系 |
[22:40] | You think you’re annoyed with Harlan? Try being me. | 你觉得哈伦惹你心烦吗 你跟我互换试试 |
[22:42] | You’re annoyed with me? | 我惹你心烦了吗 |
[22:43] | Yeah, I am. | 是 |
[22:45] | I have been since you broke up with Fiona. | 你和菲奥娜分手后就一直让我心烦 |
[22:46] | She was great. You really liked her. | 她很好 你很喜欢她 |
[22:48] | Watson. And you know why you broke up with her? | 华生 你知道你为什么和她分手吗 |
[22:50] | Because she’s not Moriarty. | 因为她不是莫里亚蒂 |
[22:52] | Harlan is not the only one | 哈伦并不是唯一一个 |
[22:54] | who needs to get out of his own way. | 需要跳出他的常规的人 |
[22:55] | Neither of you has to be alone. | 你们两个都没必要孤身一人 |
[22:59] | You’ll be surprised to learn there have been zero | 你一定会惊奇地发现 |
[23:00] | leads since your last call. | 上次打电话之后没有任何进展 |
[23:02] | Actually, I have a lead. | 其实我有个线索 |
[23:04] | Big one. | 一个大线索 |
[23:05] | It’s Lily. | 是莉莉 |
[23:07] | She isn’t missing anymore. | 她现身了 |
[23:09] | She’s here with me. | 她在我这里 |
[23:11] | She escaped. | 她逃了出来 |
[23:15] | Are you sure you’re up for this? | 你确定你愿意继续吗 |
[23:18] | Between the E.R. Docs and the Feds last night, | 昨晚先是急诊医生又是联调局探员 |
[23:20] | I’m not sure you got much sleep. | 你肯定没怎么睡吧 |
[23:24] | We know you’ve been through a lot. | 我们知道你经历了很多 |
[23:25] | We can talk later if you want. | 你想的话 我们可以晚点再聊 |
[23:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:29] | But I’d rather be helpful right now. | 但我更想现在帮上忙 |
[23:32] | Besides, Harlan says that | 而且 哈伦说 |
[23:34] | if anyone’s gonna get whoever did this, | 如果有人能抓到凶手 |
[23:35] | it’s you guys. | 那一定是你们 |
[23:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[23:38] | What can you tell us about them? | 你能描述一下他们吗 |
[23:39] | Well, I’m pretty sure there were only two of them. | 我很确定就只有两个人 |
[23:42] | They wore masks, so I never saw their faces. | 他们戴了面罩 我没看到他们的脸 |
[23:45] | But I could tell one was older than the other. | 但我知道有一个人年龄比另一个大 |
[23:49] | Does he look familiar? | 这个人你见过吗 |
[23:52] | Only because the FBI showed me the same photo. | 见过 因为联调局给我看了张一样的照片 |
[23:54] | They say they think he’s the one who grabbed me. | 他们认为是这个人劫持了我 |
[23:57] | That he’s dead now. | 但现在死了 |
[23:59] | Jimmy Cantrell. | 吉米·坎特里尔 |
[24:00] | Does that name sound familiar? | 这名字有听过吗 |
[24:05] | He put a hood over my head, | 他把我头罩住了 |
[24:07] | and he kept it on until we got to this abandoned school. | 一直到那所废弃学校才脱下来 |
[24:12] | The older guy was already there. | 年纪大的那个人已经在那里等了 |
[24:14] | He gave me supplies. | 给了我食物 |
[24:16] | He told me what he wanted me to do | 告诉我他想让我做什么 |
[24:17] | and that he was gonna let me go when it was done. | 说事成之后就会放我走 |
[24:20] | Do you think the older man was the boss? | 你觉得年长的那个是老大吗 |
[24:22] | It felt that way. | 感觉是 |
[24:24] | I… I think the other guy | 我觉得 另一个人在那里 |
[24:26] | was there mostly just to keep an eye on me. | 主要是为了监视我 |
[24:29] | At one point, the older guy came back, | 有一次 年长的那个回来 |
[24:32] | and he was very mad at the other one. | 朝另一个人发了大火 |
[24:36] | So they went to the hall. | 然后他们去了大厅 |
[24:37] | I-I couldn’t hear what they were fighting about. | 我听不清他们在吵什么 |
[24:41] | But then there were these loud noises. | 但是突然有很嘈杂的噪音 |
[24:45] | And then it went silent. | 后来又一片寂静 |
[24:47] | And then just the older guy came back. | 最后只有年长的那个人回来了 |
[24:49] | He put the hood back on me, | 把我的头罩住 |
[24:50] | and then he forced me into the trunk of a car. | 逼我进入汽车后备箱 |
[24:52] | What about where he took you next? | 后来他把你带去哪里了 |
[24:54] | Anything you can tell us? | 有什么能告诉我们的吗 |
[24:56] | It was a basement. | 是个地下室 |
[24:57] | We went down a flight of stairs. | 我们下了楼梯 |
[24:59] | He made me get back to work. | 他让我继续工作 |
[25:02] | When I was finished, he put the hood back on | 完成后 他又把我的头罩住 |
[25:04] | and put me back in the trunk of his car. | 把我塞进汽车后备箱 |
[25:07] | Only this time, I… | 只是这次 我 |
[25:10] | I felt a shovel next to me. | 我感觉旁边有个铲子 |
[25:14] | And I realized that he was gonna kill me. | 我意识到他要杀了我 |
[25:18] | So, how did you escape? | 那你怎么逃走的 |
[25:20] | I used the edge of the shovel | 我用铲子的边缘 |
[25:21] | to cut the tape around my wrists. | 把绑着我的绳子割断了 |
[25:23] | And I got the hood off, | 把头罩拿下来 |
[25:24] | and the trunk had one of these glow-in-the-dark handles inside. | 后备箱里有个荧光把手 |
[25:29] | So, eventually, I just felt the car stop | 最后 我发现车停下来了 |
[25:31] | at a light or something, and… | 可能是等红绿灯 |
[25:33] | I just made a break for it. | 我就逃出来了 |
[25:36] | I just ran. | 一直跑 |
[25:37] | So, why did you go to Harlan’s? | 你为什么去找哈伦 |
[25:39] | Why not go to the police or go home? | 为什么不去报警 或者回家 |
[25:41] | I was too afraid to go back home. | 我不敢回家 |
[25:43] | And I thought I needed to warn Harlan. | 而且我觉得需要警告哈伦 |
[25:45] | I thought he might be next. | 他可能会是下一个 |
[25:46] | Why would Harlan be next? | 为什么 |
[25:48] | Because that math they had me working on– it was his. | 因为他们让我算的东西 其实是他的工作 |
[25:52] | They wanted me to make changes to it. | 他们想让我修改一下 |
[25:55] | Is there a way that I could | 我能不能 |
[25:56] | print out some maps? | 打印点地图出来 |
[25:59] | This is a FEMA flood map. | 这是应急管理局洪水地图 |
[26:02] | Kidnappers were making you redraw flood zones? | 绑架者让你重画洪水区域吗 |
[26:05] | Care to let the rest of us in? | 能解释下吗 |
[26:07] | Uh, sure. | 当然 |
[26:08] | FEMA, the federal government, | 应急管理局是个联邦机构 |
[26:10] | is in charge of determining the risk of flooding | 主要负责评估全国范围内的 |
[26:12] | for everywhere in the country. | 洪灾风险 |
[26:14] | And maps like this break the flood risks down into zones. | 这些地图是把洪灾风险细化到每个区域 |
[26:17] | Red is the highest risk, orange is second, and so on. | 红色表示风险最高 橙色其次 以此类推 |
[26:21] | They’re used to plan emergency responses | 这些地图通常用来安排应急预案 |
[26:23] | and to say who needs flood insurance, and how much. | 以及哪些人需要洪灾保险 需要多少 |
[26:25] | But with climate change and rising sea levels, | 但由于气候变化和海平面上升 |
[26:28] | FEMA has been redoing all the old maps. | 应急管理局最近在重制以前的地图 |
[26:30] | And you were involved in that work? | 而你参与过那项工作 |
[26:32] | Uh, I was– three years ago. | 三年前参与过 |
[26:35] | There is a staggering amount of data | 这些地图所涉及到的数据 |
[26:36] | that goes into these maps. | 极其庞大 |
[26:38] | And a lot of it comes down to statistical analysis, | 很多都需要统计分析 |
[26:41] | the likelihood of X event happening in Y number of years. | X事件在经过Y年之后发生的可能性 |
[26:44] | It takes forever. | 算不完的 |
[26:46] | I mean, I heard from a colleague recently | 我最近听一个同事说 |
[26:48] | that the maps we were working on back then | 我们当时研究的地图 |
[26:50] | are just entering the public review phase now. | 最近才进入公开审核阶段 |
[26:52] | So your maps aren’t official yet? | 所以你的地图还不是正式的 |
[26:54] | No. | 对 |
[26:55] | And your captors wanted you to | 而绑架你的人希望 |
[26:57] | change the math that Harlan was doing | 你把哈伦的算法改一下 |
[26:59] | in order to make the maps look different. | 进而改变这些地图的样子 |
[27:01] | Could you show us what that would look like? | 能给我们看看改完之后的样子吗 |
[27:02] | These maps show what Brooklyn flood zones look like now, | 地图上布鲁克林洪水区目前是这样子的 |
[27:05] | which is how they’ve looked, like, since the ’80s. | 从上世纪八十年代开始就这样了 |
[27:08] | So, if the work Harlan did becomes official, | 如果哈伦的研究正式通过了 |
[27:11] | then this red zone would come all the way out here. | 这些红色区域会延伸到这里 |
[27:18] | And how did your kidnapper want the flood zone to look | 绑架者要你改完后 |
[27:21] | using the math he made you do? | 洪水区是什么样的 |
[27:37] | He wanted you to move the projected flood waters | 他想让你把洪水区 |
[27:40] | to a different neighborhood– on paper, at least. | 挪到旁边的区域 至少从地图上展现成这样 |
[27:44] | So, if Mr. Emple did the math the first time, | 如果说最初是安普尔计算的 |
[27:48] | why didn’t they just take you? | 为什么不直接绑架他就好了 |
[27:49] | Best guess– I was one of a group of experts | 最有可能的是 我只是这个项目 |
[27:52] | working on the project. | 专家组的其中一员 |
[27:54] | My name wasn’t on it. | 上面也没署我的名字 |
[27:55] | Why take Lily? From what you’ve told us, | 为什么绑架莉莉 据你所言 |
[27:57] | she wasn’t involved at all. | 她根本没参与 |
[27:58] | Well, I’ve been wondering about that, too. | 我也一直在想这个问题 |
[28:00] | I went to the Floodplain Coordinator’s Office a few weeks ago. | 几周前 我去过泛滥平原协调官的办公室 |
[28:04] | I wanted to see the math behind the maps. | 我想看看这些地图的算法 |
[28:06] | Harlan had talked about it in class, | 哈伦曾经在课上提起过 |
[28:09] | about the work he did, and I wanted to study it. | 他的工作 我想研究一下 |
[28:12] | They copied my I.D. when I was there. | 我去的时候 他们复印了我的身份证 |
[28:14] | What I don’t get is, why would someone want to mess | 我不明白的是 为什么有人要修改 |
[28:17] | with flood maps in the first place? | 洪水风险地图 |
[28:19] | The area the new map puts at a higher risk | 新地图把一个 |
[28:21] | is some of the hottest real estate in the city. | 非常抢手的地段放到了危险区域 |
[28:24] | Which also makes it subject to the highest insurance premiums. | 同时也让那里的保险费涨到了天际 |
[28:27] | Now, you said that this map is used | 你说这张地图是用来 |
[28:29] | to set insurance requirements, right? | 评定保险需求的 是吗 |
[28:32] | So, if this map became official, | 所以 如果这张地图经过官方认证 |
[28:34] | it would make it really good for anyone | 那对于向这个地区 |
[28:36] | selling flood insurance to this neighborhood. | 销售保险的人来说不是很好吗 |
[28:43] | You’re right. If FEMA adopted this map, | 没错 如果应急管理局采用这地图 |
[28:46] | it would be really good for me. | 对我来说确实会更好 |
[28:48] | Assuming I don’t care if the homes and businesses | 假设我不关心我一半客户的 |
[28:50] | of half my clients are underwater in ten years. | 家和办公室十年内会沉入水下的话 |
[28:54] | And my clients will tell you– I do care. | 而我的客户会告诉你 我在乎 |
[28:56] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[28:58] | But if you were behind Lily Zavala’s kidnapping, | 可如果你是绑架莉莉·萨瓦拉的幕后主使 |
[29:00] | you made her generate that map, | 就是你让她做了那张地图 |
[29:02] | so you’d know the projections are false. | 所以你知道预测是错误的 |
[29:04] | We looked into who makes money selling insurance | 我们调查了在那个地区售卖保险的人 |
[29:06] | to that specific neighborhood affected by that map. | 谁会因为这张地图而获利 |
[29:09] | Your name keeps coming up. | 你的名字出现了很多次 |
[29:11] | It even says it over there: “Adam Braun, | 甚至这上面都写了 “亚当·布劳恩 |
[29:13] | leading independent agent four years in a row.” | 连续四年最佳独立代理人” |
[29:17] | Yeah, no one comes close to the volume you do. | 没人比你的名声更响亮 |
[29:19] | And if that area becomes a high-risk zone, | 如果那个地方成为高风险区 |
[29:21] | flood insurance would become mandatory for everyone in it. | 就会强制所有人上洪水保险 |
[29:24] | You’d be looking at commissions on hundreds of new policies. | 你将迎来数百项新政策的佣金 |
[29:27] | That’s over six figures a year. | 那可是每年超过六位数的金额 |
[29:29] | Easy money. | 轻松致富 |
[29:31] | You think worse of me than I thought. | 没想到你们把我想的这么坏 |
[29:33] | If you’re suggesting I committed a kidnapping and a murder | 如果你们认为我犯下绑架与谋杀罪 |
[29:36] | just so I could change a flood map, | 仅仅是为了改变一张洪水地图 |
[29:39] | you have to believe I’m some kind of psychopath. | 那你们一定是把我当成神经病了 |
[29:41] | Prove us wrong. | 证明我们是错的 |
[29:42] | We’re pretty sure Lily’s kidnapper | 我们很肯定莉莉的绑架者 |
[29:45] | killed his accomplice sometime early yesterday afternoon. | 在昨天上午杀死了他的同伙 |
[29:48] | Can you tell us where you were? | 你能告诉我们你在哪里吗 |
[29:49] | I was here, working. | 我就在这里 工作 |
[29:50] | Can anyone corroborate that? | 有人能证实吗 |
[29:53] | No. | 没有 |
[29:54] | But let me show you something. | 但是我可以给你看些东西 |
[30:03] | It’s a site for selling boats. | 这是个卖船的网站 |
[30:05] | Yeah, but this sailboat, this beautiful lady, | 是 但这艘船 这美丽的女士 |
[30:07] | is the Maria Madera, my baby. | 是玛丽亚·马德拉 我的宝贝 |
[30:09] | My wife is strongly encouraging me to sell her. | 我的妻子强烈建议我卖了她 |
[30:13] | Upkeep is too high. | 维护费太贵了 |
[30:14] | All the maintenance, | 那些保养 |
[30:16] | slip fees, registration– | 船税 注册费 |
[30:17] | it’s thousands of bucks a year. | 一年就要花好几千 |
[30:19] | So, even though I love this boat, | 所以 虽然我爱这艘船 |
[30:22] | I’m doing what my wife says. | 我还是要遵照妻子的意见 |
[30:23] | You have a point here, Mr. Braun? | 你想表达什么 布劳恩先生 |
[30:26] | Take a look at when I posted the listing. | 看看我是什么时候挂牌的 |
[30:29] | It’s two nights ago. | 两天前 |
[30:31] | That’s during the time you said this girl was being held, right? | 就是你说这女孩被绑架的时间 对吗 |
[30:37] | If I was in the middle of doing this, | 如果我当时正在做这件事 |
[30:40] | you think I’d be saying good-bye to my baby? | 你觉得我会和我的宝贝说再见吗 |
[30:42] | Don’t you think I’d tell my wife, | 你不觉得我会告诉我妻子 |
[30:44] | “Don’t worry, things are looking up. | “别担心 一切都在好转 |
[30:45] | We can afford it”? | 我们能负担得起了” |
[30:47] | Because I promise you, if my ship was coming in, | 我向你保证 如果我有大笔资金进账 |
[30:50] | my sailboat would not be going out. | 我的帆船就绝不会出售 |
[30:57] | Harlan, what is it? | 哈伦 怎么了 |
[30:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[31:00] | For what? | 谢什么 |
[31:02] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[31:04] | Harlan, you hired us to find Lily. | 哈伦 你雇我们找到莉莉 |
[31:06] | – We didn’t. She escaped. – No, I know. | -我们没有 她自己逃出来的 -我知道 |
[31:08] | I just… it’s… I-I finally did it. | 只是 我终于做到了 |
[31:11] | Did what? | 做到了什么 |
[31:12] | Told her– how I really feel about her. | 告诉她 我对她的感觉 |
[31:15] | I-I was nervous, but I was… | 我很紧张 但我终于… |
[31:16] | I was thinking about you the whole time, | 我脑子里一直在想着你 |
[31:18] | about how you would tell me to just do something. | 想着你会告诉我要行动起来 |
[31:20] | Why were you nervous? | 你紧张什么 |
[31:21] | Why do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[31:22] | It was obvious that your feelings for her | 很显然你对她的感觉 |
[31:24] | were going to be reciprocated when she went to study | 会收到回报 她可是去研究了 |
[31:26] | the work you did for FEMA. | 你在联邦应急管理局的工作 |
[31:27] | She didn’t go there because she liked mathematics. | 她去那里可不是因为喜欢数学 |
[31:29] | She went there because she liked you. | 她去那里是因为她喜欢你 |
[31:34] | Yeah, obviously. | 是啊 很明显 |
[31:36] | Went right over your head, didn’t it? | 想岔了 是吧 |
[31:38] | Yeah, way over. | 是啊 差远了 |
[31:40] | Cut me a little bit of slack. | 放我一马吧 |
[31:42] | You know, me and social cues are like… | 你知道的 我和社交行为就像是… |
[31:45] | relativity and quantum mechanics. | 现实与量子力学 |
[31:50] | Point is, you were right the whole time. | 重点是 你一直都是对的 |
[31:51] | I just needed to act. | 我只需要行动起来 |
[31:54] | Last couple of days… | 过去这几天 |
[31:55] | almost losing her… | 差点失去她 |
[31:58] | put everything into perspective. | 让一切都明朗起来了 |
[32:00] | What about your job? | 那你的工作呢 |
[32:01] | Oh, we talked about that, and, um, you know, | 我们谈过了 你知道 |
[32:03] | we’re just gonna hold off a little longer, | 我们会推迟一阵子 |
[32:04] | just till Lily gets her doctorate. | 直到莉莉拿到博士学位 |
[32:06] | Um, after that, the university can’t fire me for dating her, | 然后学校就不能因为我们约会而开除我了 |
[32:10] | ’cause we will be peers. | 因为我们是平等级别了 |
[32:12] | Sort of. I mean, I’ll still be way better at math, | 基本上平等 我的数学还是更好 |
[32:14] | but, um, you know, she won’t be my student anymore. | 但是 她就不再是我的学生了 |
[32:17] | Very happy for you, Harlan. | 真为你感到高兴 哈伦 |
[32:19] | Are you? | 真的吗 |
[32:21] | ‘Cause you don’t look happy. | 因为你看起来不怎么高兴 |
[32:24] | Respectfully, you just caught me in the middle of some work. | 说实话 你正好打断了我的工作 |
[32:26] | Lily may be safe, but the man | 莉莉是安全了 但劫持她的男人 |
[32:27] | who was holding her is still unaccounted for. | 仍然还没有找到 |
[32:28] | And, as you said, you and social cues… | 而且就像你说的那样 你和那些社交提示 |
[32:31] | Totally get it. I just, um… | 完全理解 我只是… |
[32:32] | If you’re thinking of hugging me again, don’t do that. | 如果你还想再抱我一次 别那么做 |
[32:35] | Right. | 好吧 |
[32:37] | Sorry. I will go. | 抱歉 我就走 |
[32:39] | But, um… | 但… |
[32:41] | thank you again. | 再次感谢 |
[32:44] | Never been this happy. | 我从没这么开心过 |
[32:46] | It’s because of you. | 多亏了你 |
[32:50] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:58] | I got your text. | 我收到你的短信了 |
[33:00] | Neither you nor Marcus is liking | 你和马库斯都不觉得 |
[33:01] | the insurance agent for Lily’s co-kidnapper? | 那个保险推销员是绑架莉莉的同伙 |
[33:04] | No. Everything he told us panned out. | 对 他和我们说的都证实了 |
[33:06] | As far as I can tell, no one else stood to profit | 在我看来 那片区域里没有其他人 |
[33:09] | from an increased danger of flooding in that neighborhood. | 能因洪水风险的增长而获利 |
[33:12] | So I’ve been looking at Lily’s map with fresh eyes, | 所以我换了种角度看莉莉的地图 |
[33:14] | shifting my focus from areas where the flood risk increased | 将我的注意力从洪水风险增长的区域 |
[33:18] | to areas where it decreased. | 转移到降低的区域 |
[33:19] | Could be the point of the map wasn’t to make | 有可能这张地图不打算 |
[33:21] | this part of Brooklyn higher risk, | 将布鲁克林这片区域划为高风险区 |
[33:23] | but to keep this part lower risk. | 而是要保证这片区域为更低风险区 |
[33:26] | Okay, but most of the land in that area is industrial, | 好吧 但那片区域大部分都是工业区 |
[33:28] | so the insurance rates would already | 那里的保费 |
[33:31] | be pretty low, wouldn’t they? | 不是本来就很低吗 |
[33:32] | Yeah, but flood maps don’t just dictate insurance rates. | 对 但洪水图不止决定了保费高低 |
[33:35] | They dictate zoning and development standards, as well. | 它们还影响着土地规划和开发标准 |
[33:38] | So, if you own land in that area and you want to develop… | 如果你在那片区域有地 你又想开发它们 |
[33:41] | Higher insurance rates and flood risk | 高额的保费和洪水风险 |
[33:43] | could make new construction untenable. | 可能会让新工程难以推进 |
[33:45] | We need to find out who owns property | 我们得查出都有谁拥有 |
[33:47] | in that part of the city. | 那片区域的地产 |
[33:48] | I’m awaiting a list from the City Register’s Office. | 我还在等市登记处发来的名单 |
[33:50] | Any luck, we’ll have it soon. | 走运的话很快就能收到了 |
[33:54] | So, um… | 所以… |
[33:57] | what makes you think I’m lonely? | 你为什么觉得我很孤独 |
[34:01] | Last night, you said you thought I was lonely. | 昨晚你说你觉得我很孤独 |
[34:04] | Wh-Why did you say that? | 你为什么那么说 |
[34:09] | There was a time when you were with Fiona | 你当初和菲欧娜在一起的时候 |
[34:10] | when you were different. | 你的状态不一样 |
[34:13] | Happier somehow. | 更开心一点 |
[34:14] | I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[34:16] | It’s hard to explain. | 很难解释 |
[34:18] | Harlan came around. | 哈伦来过了 |
[34:20] | He, um, wanted to tell me | 他是想告诉我 |
[34:22] | he finally let Lily know how he felt about her. | 他终于让莉莉知道了他对她的感受 |
[34:25] | And? | 然后呢 |
[34:27] | The feeling was mutual. | 他们互相喜欢 |
[34:29] | He was practically aglow. | 他整个人都神采飞扬 |
[34:34] | I felt a little envious. | 我觉得有点嫉妒 |
[34:37] | Just a smidge. | 就那么一点点 |
[34:39] | So it, uh, just… | 所以就… |
[34:40] | made me think about what you said. | 让我想到了你说的话 |
[34:43] | It’s not bad that you felt that way. It’s natural. | 你有这种感觉没什么 很正常 |
[34:46] | But there’s no need to be envious. | 但没必要嫉妒 |
[34:47] | You can have everything he has. | 他有的你都能有 |
[34:49] | Well, that’s just it, you see. | 就是这一点 你看 |
[34:51] | I’m-I’m… not sure I can. | 我不确定自己可以 |
[34:56] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[34:59] | I mean, every potential romantic partner I have | 我的每一个潜在暧昧对象 |
[35:02] | pales in comparison to Moriarty. | 都比不上莫里亚蒂 |
[35:07] | That might sound strange, | 听上去可能有点奇怪 |
[35:08] | given what we know about her, but… | 考虑到我们对她的了解 但… |
[35:11] | I’m a strange bloke, aren’t I? | 我就是个奇怪的人吧 |
[35:16] | She fit. | 她很合适 |
[35:19] | And I fear that… | 我也担心… |
[35:22] | what we had can’t be replicated. | 我们曾拥有的感觉无法重现 |
[35:25] | Probably can’t. | 可能不行 |
[35:26] | But that’s okay. | 但没关系 |
[35:30] | I mean, falling in love with someone | 爱上一个人 |
[35:31] | is not supposed to be the same experience every time. | 不需要每次都是相同的体验 |
[35:36] | Someone else will be someone else. | 每个人都是独特的 |
[35:39] | Suppose you’re going to suggest I try online dating next. | 估计你要建议我下次试试网恋 |
[35:42] | Would that be so bad? | 那又有什么不行 |
[35:45] | Try something else. | 试点新东西 |
[35:47] | Such as? | 比如 |
[35:48] | You’re the one who loves experiments, so experiment. | 你喜欢做实验 就去实验吧 |
[36:05] | City Register’s Office. | 市登记处 |
[36:06] | Yep. The list of every owner of property in the area | 是的 这是那片区域里所有 |
[36:09] | that would have been positively affected | 可能受莉莉版的地图影响 |
[36:11] | by Lily’s version of the map. | 而获利的地产产权人 |
[36:13] | I recognize one of the names. | 我认得其中一个名字 |
[36:15] | I don’t. | 我不认得 |
[36:16] | You’re right, you don’t, | 没错 你不认得 |
[36:18] | but if I’m right | 但如果我是对的 |
[36:19] | we’ve already met Lily’s kidnapper. | 我们已经见过莉莉的绑匪了 |
[36:27] | Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. Hathaway. | 抱歉让您等了这么久 哈撒韦先生 |
[36:29] | Detective Bell. | 贝尔警探 |
[36:30] | We met when you let us into Jimmy Cantrell’s apartment. | 上次见面您让我们进了吉米·坎特里尔的公寓 |
[36:32] | Right. I got a call. | 是的 我接到了电话 |
[36:34] | They, uh, said you did find some of Jimmy’s assets. | 他们说你们找到了吉米的一些财产 |
[36:37] | Something that can cover his back rent? | 有些能抵押他欠下的租金 |
[36:39] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[36:40] | We’ll go over everything in here. | 我们在里面慢慢谈 |
[36:45] | Have a seat, Mr. Hathaway. | 请坐 哈撒韦先生 |
[36:48] | What is this? | 这是干什么 |
[36:50] | Well, that phone call you received was a lie. | 你接到的电话是个幌子 |
[36:52] | We’ve been executing a search warrant | 我们带着搜查令对您名下的 |
[36:54] | on some properties you own. | 一些房产进行了搜查 |
[36:55] | We didn’t want you to know, | 我们不想让你知道 |
[36:56] | so we invited you down here, made you wait. | 就邀请你过来这里等着 |
[37:01] | Why were you searching my properties? | 你们为什么要搜查我的房子 |
[37:03] | To see which one you moved Lily Zavala to | 看看你把吉米·坎特里尔杀了后 |
[37:05] | after you killed Jimmy Cantrell. | 把莉莉·萨瓦拉转移到了哪一处 |
[37:07] | Lily’s kidnapper made her generate | 莉莉的绑架犯强迫她绘制一张 |
[37:09] | a false flood map for part of Brooklyn. | 布鲁克林部分片区的虚假洪水风险评估地图 |
[37:12] | This is a list of property owners who would benefit | 这张表记录着那些一旦假地图被采用后 |
[37:16] | if that map were adopted. | 会获利的业主名字 |
[37:17] | Now, your company’s name is on that list. | 你公司的名字也赫然在册 |
[37:19] | I recognized it from when Jimmy’s parole officer | 当吉米的假释官把你的联系信息给我们时 |
[37:21] | gave us your contact information. | 我认出了你的公司名 |
[37:24] | You own a large parcel of land in Red Hook. | 你在红钩区拥有一大片地 |
[37:26] | A rep from the Department of City Planning told us | 市规划局的代表告诉我们 |
[37:29] | that the tech company Odker is considering buying that land from you | 奥德克技术公司想从你手里买那块地 |
[37:32] | to make it the site for their new headquarters. | 作为他们的新大本营 |
[37:34] | It’s all in the early stages, | 这一切都还在最初商讨阶段 |
[37:36] | but you stood to make millions. | 但你眼看着就要赚大钱了 |
[37:38] | That is, until FEMA released their new flood maps | 直到联邦应急管理局上个月公示了 |
[37:40] | for community review last month. | 新的洪水风险评估地图 |
[37:42] | Your property was suddenly gonna be in a high-risk zone, | 一夜之间你的土地被列为洪涝高风险地区 |
[37:45] | which not only meant the site | 这不仅意味着 |
[37:47] | would be subject to higher insurance rates, | 今后要上缴高额的保险费用 |
[37:49] | it represented an actual high risk of flood damage. | 更代表你的地盘实际发生洪水灾害几率很高 |
[37:52] | You knew that if that map became official, | 你知道一旦这张地图正式启用 |
[37:55] | Odker would probably back out of the deal. | 奥德克很可能取消购买计划 |
[37:57] | But you also knew that FEMA allows the public | 但你也知道联邦应急管理局 |
[37:59] | to appeal the maps by submitting revised data. | 在公示期间接受修改数据 |
[38:03] | So you reached out to an ex-con you knew– | 所以你联系到了前科犯 |
[38:06] | Jimmy Cantrell. | 吉米·坎特里尔 |
[38:07] | Together, you kidnapped Lily | 你们一起绑架了莉莉 |
[38:09] | and forced her to fake the math you needed | 并迫使她修改数据 |
[38:10] | to put your property back in a low-risk zone. | 把你名下的土地变成低风险区域 |
[38:13] | Asking for ransom was never part of the plan. | 赎金并不是计划的一部分 |
[38:16] | Jimmy came up with that on his own. | 那是吉米自己想出来的 |
[38:17] | If he hadn’t, you probably could have finished with Lily | 如果他没有这么做 你也许可以拿到假地图 |
[38:19] | and then killed her before anyone realized that she was abducted. | 并在没人发现莉莉失踪前杀了她 |
[38:23] | You caved in his skull. | 你砸了吉米的脑袋 |
[38:25] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[38:27] | How do I even know this Lily girl that…? | 我怎么会知道这个叫莉莉的姑娘 |
[38:29] | She mentioned she’d been to the city’s Floodplain Office | 她说自己曾去过市洪泛区办事处 |
[38:32] | to look at some of the work behind the real maps. | 查找一些真地图的数据 |
[38:35] | We showed your photo around. Someone recognized you. | 我们给工作人员看了你的照片 有人认出你 |
[38:38] | He said that you had been in the same day as Lily. | 他说你和莉莉是同一天到办事处的 |
[38:40] | You were upset about the new maps. | 你对新的地图很不满意 |
[38:41] | We’re guessing that you overheard her talking about them. | 我们猜测你无意中听到了莉莉谈论新地图的事 |
[38:44] | A little while ago, our guys found what we were looking for | 不久前 我们的人在你名下楼房的地下室内 |
[38:47] | in the basement of one of your buildings. | 发现了我们寻找的东西 |
[38:49] | You tried to clean it up, | 你试图清理现场 |
[38:50] | but you missed a couple hairs. | 但你漏了几根头发 |
[38:52] | DNA will take a while to come back, | DNA检测还要等一会儿 |
[38:53] | but they’re a visual match for Lily’s. | 但看起来那就是莉莉的头发 |
[38:56] | “A visual match”? | “看起来是” |
[38:59] | Do you know how many people | 你知道每天有多少人 |
[39:00] | come and go through my buildings? | 进出我的大楼吗 |
[39:03] | And even if this hair is from the kidnapped girl, | 就算头发真的属于被绑架的女孩 |
[39:06] | you said Jimmy was involved. | 你们也说了吉米参与了绑架 |
[39:08] | So, he has her hair on him, | 他身上沾了她的头发 |
[39:10] | I walk through his apartment the other day… | 那天我又在他的公寓里走过 |
[39:14] | what do the lawyers call that? “Transfer”? | 律师术语怎么说来着 “转移” |
[39:16] | It’s true. | 没错 |
[39:18] | Your lawyer could try that argument in front of a jury. | 你的律师可以试着在陪审团前这样辩护 |
[39:20] | But our guys also found a fresh stain on the floor. | 但我们的人还在地板上找到了一块新鲜的污渍 |
[39:23] | We didn’t need DNA to identify it. | 我们不需要DNA就知道这是谁的 |
[39:26] | Its smell is pretty distinct. | 气味非常独特 |
[39:28] | It’s Biorade energy drink. | 是佰欧瑞能量饮料 |
[39:31] | Kiwi-flavored. | 猕猴桃味道 |
[39:33] | The kind you brought Lily to help her work. | 你买给莉莉帮助她工作的那种 |
[39:37] | So you tell us, Mr. Hathaway, | 所以 哈撒韦先生 |
[39:39] | still want to take your chances with a jury? | 你还想在陪审团前赌一把吗 |
[39:51] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[39:55] | Did I, uh, miss a text from you? | 我漏看了你的短信吗 |
[39:58] | No, just thought I’d pop by. | 不是 我只是想过来看看 |
[40:00] | Well, your timing is perfect. | 时间正巧 |
[40:03] | I just got off work. | 我刚下班 |
[40:05] | Need help with a case? | 有案子需要帮助吗 |
[40:06] | Uh, no, actually just finished one. | 不 我刚结了一个案子 |
[40:09] | My docket is clear. | 现在没有别的案子 |
[40:12] | Well, then you must be looking for… | 那你肯定是来找… |
[40:14] | How did you put it the other day? | 你那天怎么说来着 |
[40:16] | “A potent distraction”? | “有效的分神” |
[40:19] | Uh, no, I was actually wondering if I might, uh, | 不 事实上我在想能不能 |
[40:23] | take you to dinner. | 带你去吃晚餐 |
[40:25] | W-Would that be strange? | 那样会很奇怪吗 |
[40:28] | No. | 不会 |
[40:30] | It’s just that you usually only call me | 只是通常你只在需要我 |
[40:32] | when you have to work on a weird experiment. | 帮忙协助奇怪的实验时才联系我 |
[40:35] | Well, it’s funny you should use that word. | 真有趣 你用到了实验这个词 |
[40:36] | ‘Cause, actually, tonight, the experiment would be… us. | 因为今晚 我们就是实验的对象 |
[40:43] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[40:45] | you’ve been more than a helper to me over the years. | 这些年来你不仅仅是我的帮手 |
[40:47] | Y-You’ve been a… a friend, and, um… | 你还是我的朋友 |
[40:51] | it just occurred to me that you might be more. | 我在想我们的关系能否更进一步 |
[40:55] | Obviously, I-I, uh… | 很显然 |
[40:56] | I-I can’t be certain, and, um, I’d just… | 我不太确定 我只是 |
[40:59] | I-I’d hate to jeopardize the relationship that we already have, | 我不希望破坏我们现在的关系 |
[41:03] | but I just thought I-I’d be remiss if I didn’t… | 但如果我不尝试一下 |
[41:07] | at least explore it. | 那就是我失职了 |
[41:11] | Well… | 好吧 |
[41:13] | I love a good experiment. | 我喜欢好的实验 |