时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:41] | You’re interrupting my preparations. | 你打断了我的准备 |
[00:43] | Too bad. The auditions are about to start. | 太遗憾了 试镜要开始了 |
[00:45] | You gotta get down here before these symphony people | 你必须马上过来 以免这些交响乐团的人 |
[00:47] | find out I can’t play the tuba. | 发现我不会演奏大号 |
[00:49] | Is our quarry there yet? | 我们的猎物到了吗 |
[00:50] | I’m looking at Mr. Marinko as we speak. | 我们说话这会 我正看着马林科先生呢 |
[00:52] | Does he have the stolen instrument with him? | 他身上有被偷的乐器吗 |
[00:54] | There’s a big lock on his case. | 他的箱子上有个大锁 |
[00:55] | It’s pretty weird if he’s just got any old flute. | 如果只是个旧笛子的话 还挺奇怪的 |
[00:57] | But if we’re right and he stole one | 但如果我们是对的 如果他偷了 |
[00:59] | that belonged to the greatest flautist of all time… | 有史以来最优秀的横笛演奏者的笛子… |
[01:01] | Oh, please. Jean Pierre Rampal was, at best, | 拜托 让-皮埃尔·郎帕尔最多 |
[01:04] | the third greatest flautist to ever purse his lips. | 也只能算世界第三好的横笛家 |
[01:06] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[01:07] | I’m telling you, we’ve got maybe an hour | 我跟你说 我们大概有一个小时 |
[01:09] | to steal this thing back for our client | 为我们的客户偷回这东西 |
[01:10] | before Marinko takes it home to Slovenia. | 在马林科带它回斯洛文尼亚之前 |
[01:13] | Fine. I’ll hurry. | 好吧 我会尽快 |
[01:16] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:16] | Uh, I’m David Horowitz. | 我是大卫・霍罗威茨 |
[01:18] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[01:19] | I’m looking for Sherlock Holmes, | 我找夏洛克・福尔摩斯 |
[01:21] | – the detective. – I also apologize. | -那个侦探 -我也不好意思 |
[01:22] | I don’t have time to talk to you at the moment. | 我目前没有时间跟您谈 |
[01:24] | Perhaps you could make an appointment. | 或许您能约个时间 |
[01:24] | No, Mr. Holmes, please. | 不 福尔摩斯先生 拜托 |
[01:26] | I just need a minute. | 我只需要一会儿 |
[01:27] | I think it might be a matter of life and death. | 我觉得这可能是性命攸关的事情 |
[01:33] | Uh, a couple of months ago, | 几个月前 |
[01:36] | my brother Norman passed away. | 我哥哥诺曼去世了 |
[01:39] | Um, they said it was an overdose. | 他们说是因为吸毒过量 |
[01:42] | You suspect foul play? | 你怀疑有问题 |
[01:43] | No, no. My brother was schizophrenic. | 不 我哥哥有精神分裂症 |
[01:46] | He took a lot of pills. | 他吃很多药 |
[01:47] | Not all of them were prescribed by doctors. | 并非所有药都开自医生 |
[01:50] | So many barbiturates in his system, | 他的体内有很多巴比妥酸盐 |
[01:51] | we think he probably just mixed up his meds. | 我们觉得他大概只是把药吃混了 |
[01:55] | No, I’m here because of something Norman wrote | 我来是因为诺曼在死前 |
[01:58] | before he died. | 写的一些东西 |
[01:59] | Matter of life and death, you said. | 你说了 性命攸关 |
[02:01] | Uh, about a year ago, I-I helped him get a job. | 大概一年前 我帮他找了份工作 |
[02:05] | I thought it would be good for him. | 我以为那会对他有帮助 |
[02:07] | He started writing obituaries for a small local paper. | 他开始给当地的一家小报社写讣告 |
[02:11] | He really liked it. | 他真的喜欢那份工作 |
[02:13] | In fact, he liked it so much, he wrote a bunch of obituaries | 实际上 他喜欢过头了 他甚至给很多 |
[02:16] | for people who hadn’t died yet. | 还没死的人写了讣告 |
[02:18] | Well, that’s normal practice in the newspaper business, isn’t it? | 在报纸行业 这是常规操作 不是吗 |
[02:21] | So they’re ready when the news breaks. | 这样有爆炸性新闻时 他们已有准备 |
[02:22] | Sure, they do it for politicians, celebrities, | 当然 他们为政客 名人这么做 |
[02:24] | but Norman did hundreds of write-ups | 但诺曼写了上百条讣告 |
[02:27] | for, like, random citizens. | 给普通市民 |
[02:29] | People he didn’t know. | 他不认识的人们 |
[02:30] | And all these obits included | 这些讣告还包括了 |
[02:32] | how and when they died. | 他们会在何时以及如何死去 |
[02:36] | The paper sent them all back. | 报纸把它们都送了回来 |
[02:38] | Well, you did say he was schizophrenic. | 你说过他有精神分裂 |
[02:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:41] | Norman was crazy. | 诺曼确实疯了 |
[02:43] | But not as crazy as this. | 但没有这事疯狂 |
[02:47] | In the time since he died, | 自他死后 |
[02:49] | Norman’s predictions have gone three for three. | 诺曼有三个预言全中了 |
[02:53] | He’s been right about everything: the dates… | 他什么都写对了 日期 |
[02:56] | The causes of death. | 死因 |
[03:02] | While I’m sure there’s a mundane explanation for all of this, | 我相信这一切肯定有个平常的解释 |
[03:04] | I confess to not seeing it yet. | 我承认我暂时还没看出来 |
[03:07] | That being said, | 话虽如此 |
[03:08] | you’ve come to the right place. | 你来对了地方 |
[03:10] | I’ll take your case. | 我会接下你的案子 |
[03:12] | Uh, no, I’m sorry. | 不 抱歉 |
[03:14] | I didn’t come to hire you. | 我不是来雇你的 |
[03:17] | I came to warn you. | 我是来警告你的 |
[03:19] | My brother predicted your death, too. | 我哥哥也预言了你的死亡 |
[03:22] | If he’s right again, | 如果他又对了 |
[03:25] | you’re gonna be killed three days from now. | 从现在起的三天后 你将被杀害 |
[03:34] | You must be Dr. Watson. | 你一定就是华生医生了 |
[03:35] | Please come in. I’m David Horowitz. | 请进 我是大卫・霍罗威茨 |
[03:37] | Uh, is it okay if I leave this here? | 我可以把它放在这里吗 |
[03:40] | Finally. There you are. | 你终于来了 |
[03:41] | There you are. You never showed. | 是你终于来了 你没出现 |
[03:43] | I had to grab this on my own. | 我必须自己拿下这个 |
[03:44] | Two ladies with bassoons tried to take my head off. | 两个吹低音管的姑娘差点把我头拧下来 |
[03:46] | I’m sorry. There’s no time for you to regale us, Watson. | 抱歉 没时间听你给我们讲故事 华生 |
[03:48] | According to Mr. Horowitz’s late brother, | 根据霍罗威茨先生已逝哥哥的话 |
[03:50] | I am to be gunned down in the street on Friday. | 我这周五会在街头被枪击毙 |
[03:54] | I’m so sorry about all of this. | 我对这一切感到很抱歉 |
[03:56] | There’s no need for apologies, Mrs. Horowitz. | 无需抱歉 霍罗威茨夫人 |
[03:58] | I’m not yet resigned to the fate | 我还没有向你大伯哥 |
[04:00] | that your brother-in-law foresaw. | 预见的命运低头 |
[04:02] | I’m sorry. I’m a little behind. | 不好意思 我有点没跟上 |
[04:04] | David’s brother was an obituary writer. | 大卫的哥哥生前是个讣告作者 |
[04:08] | He was a schizophrenic, | 他患有精神分裂症 |
[04:09] | and he made all sorts of uncanny predictions | 他做了很多难以解释的预测 |
[04:11] | about the deaths of strangers, including mine. | 关于陌生人的死亡 其中也包括我 |
[04:15] | Tell me more about Norman. | 再多跟我讲讲诺曼的事 |
[04:17] | He was always brilliant. | 他一直很有才华 |
[04:19] | Ever since we were kids. | 从我们孩提时就是了 |
[04:20] | He wrote a sci-fi novel in college. | 他上学期间写了一本科幻小说 |
[04:22] | There were publishers interested. | 当时有出版商感兴趣 |
[04:24] | But then… | 但之后… |
[04:26] | he started hearing voices. | 他开始有幻听 |
[04:29] | Luz was really great. | 小卢真的很好 |
[04:31] | Insisted we take him in. | 坚持要收留他 |
[04:32] | Helped him turn the basement into a little apartment. | 帮他把地下室改造成了一间小公寓 |
[04:35] | So you had intimate knowledge of his comings and goings. | 所以你们很了解他何时进出 |
[04:38] | Did he get out much? | 他经常出门吗 |
[04:39] | Oh, sure. He was pretty outgoing | 当然 作为一个得了这种病的人 |
[04:40] | for someone with his disease. | 他算是十分外向了 |
[04:42] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[04:44] | I’m hoping for a small social circle. | 我希望他的社交圈小一点 |
[04:46] | Most likely, that’s our pool of suspects. | 通常那就是我们的嫌疑人范围 |
[04:49] | You agree with David. | 你和大卫想的一样 |
[04:50] | You think someone is trying to make Norman | 你觉得是有人想让诺曼 |
[04:52] | look like some sort of prophet. | 看起来像是某种先知 |
[04:53] | It’s the only possibility. | 这是唯一的可能性 |
[04:55] | Your brother-in-law could not see the future. | 你丈夫的哥哥无法预见未来 |
[04:58] | Someone is killing the people whose deaths he predicted. | 有人在按他的预言杀那些人 |
[05:01] | When I found those last week, | 我上周找到那些东西的时候 |
[05:02] | the first two deaths had already happened. | 前两个人已经死了 |
[05:05] | I figured maybe it was just a crazy coincidence. | 我以为这只是个疯狂的巧合 |
[05:09] | But then, when this woman jumped off a building yesterday, | 但后来 昨天那个女人跳楼了 |
[05:13] | just the way he said she would, | 就像他说的那样 |
[05:14] | I thought I should find the next person he said was gonna die. | 我想我应该找到他预言的下一个人 |
[05:20] | I only wish I’d warned her, too. | 真希望我之前也能警告她 |
[05:22] | You did the right thing calling us. | 你找到我们是对的 |
[05:26] | I think there’s something you should see. | 我觉得有东西应该让你们看看 |
[05:31] | Sorry for the mess. | 抱歉这里这么乱 |
[05:33] | We just started going through it all. | 我们刚开始收拾 |
[05:36] | Norman’s room was always as cluttered as his mind. | 诺曼的房间总是跟他的思维一样混乱 |
[05:40] | Looks like your brother subscribed | 看起来你哥哥订阅了 |
[05:42] | to every science and technology journal out there. | 市面上所有的科技杂志 |
[05:44] | That was his thing. | 那是他的爱好 |
[05:46] | He was always reading, | 他总是在看书 |
[05:47] | coming up with weird theories to explain his disease. | 提出能解释他病情的奇怪理论 |
[05:50] | Well, that’s fairly typical. | 这很典型 |
[05:52] | In the 1950s, many schizophrenics | 20世纪50年代 很多精神分裂者 |
[05:54] | thought the Soviets were controlling their mind | 认为苏联政府控制了他们的思想 |
[05:56] | via radio waves. | 通过无线电波 |
[05:57] | In the ’90s, it was popular to blame aliens | 90年代他们通常怪罪于外星人 |
[06:00] | because the search for extraterrestrial life | 因为寻找外星生物 |
[06:02] | had become a popular subject. | 是当时流行的主题 |
[06:05] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[06:06] | For Norman, it was all explained by Simulation Theory. | 对诺曼来说 这可以用模拟论解释 |
[06:10] | I could be wrong, but I-I think that’s what this is all about. | 我也许是错的 但我觉得都是因为它 |
[06:14] | I’ve heard about that. | 我听过那个理论 |
[06:15] | God is a computer programmer or something? | 上帝是个程序员还是什么的 |
[06:17] | None of us is real. None of this is real. | 我们都不是真的 一切都不是真的 |
[06:20] | We’re all just strings of ones and zeros | 我们都只是一串1和0 |
[06:22] | on the hard drive of some superior intelligence. | 在某种高级智慧的硬盘上 |
[06:25] | He would talk about how we went from Pong | 他会谈论我们是如何在四十年里 |
[06:27] | to 3-D video games in just 40 years. | 从乒乓游戏发展到3D游戏的 |
[06:31] | If the trend holds, he’d say, it’s only a matter of time | 他说如果这样发展下去 很快 |
[06:34] | before we can’t tell the difference | 我们就无法分辨 |
[06:36] | between reality and virtual reality. | 现实和虚拟现实的差别了 |
[06:39] | Norman thought most of us were just | 诺曼认为我们大部分人都只是 |
[06:41] | background characters in a video game. | 电脑游戏中的背景角色 |
[06:43] | “Most of us”? | 大部分人 |
[06:45] | Well, not every character in a video game | 电脑游戏中不是所有角色 |
[06:47] | is the same, right? | 都一样 对吗 |
[06:48] | Some are just extras, they’re fillers, | 有些是附加角色 填补空缺 |
[06:50] | but some have powers. | 但有些人是有能力的 |
[06:52] | Norman thought he was special, | 诺曼认为他很特殊 |
[06:55] | like all these prophets before him. | 就像在他之前的那些先知一样 |
[06:57] | Nostradamus, Rasputin, | 诺斯特拉德马斯 拉斯普京 |
[07:01] | Norman Horowitz. | 诺曼·霍罗威茨 |
[07:02] | Yeah, they were all programmed differently | 对 他们被设定得有别于 |
[07:04] | than people like you and me. | 你和我这样的普通人 |
[07:06] | They could see flashes of the future. | 他们能看到未来的闪现 |
[07:08] | I told him it was crazy, but, you know, | 我跟他说这很荒唐 但你知道的 |
[07:10] | not an effective argument with him. | 跟他争吵没什么效果 |
[07:12] | The whole thing is absurd. | 这整件事都很荒唐 |
[07:14] | Well, in my experience, | 根据我的经验 |
[07:15] | the more absurd a belief, | 一种信仰越荒唐 |
[07:16] | the more dangerous its adherents tend to be. | 它的追随者就越危险 |
[07:19] | Norman would go to these, um… | 诺曼会去那些… |
[07:22] | Simulation Symposiums. | 模拟论研讨会 |
[07:25] | He met other people who liked to think about this stuff. | 他去见那些愿意思考这些的人 |
[07:27] | He talked to them online, went to meet-ups. | 他在网上跟他们聊天 参加见面会 |
[07:29] | We were happy he had friends. | 我们很高兴他能有朋友 |
[07:33] | He was excited his theories about prophets and schizophrenia | 他很高兴他关于先知和精神分裂的理论 |
[07:36] | were catching on with some of them. | 吸引了他们中的一些人 |
[07:38] | Perhaps one of them killed three innocent people | 也许他们中有人杀了三个无辜的人 |
[07:40] | to stir up interest in their theory. | 就为了激起他们的兴趣 |
[07:42] | I couldn’t tell you who. | 我没法告诉你们是谁 |
[07:44] | Norman knew we thought it was all nonsense. | 诺曼知道我们认为这都是胡扯 |
[07:46] | He never introduced us to his buddies. | 他从来不把我们介绍给他的朋友 |
[07:48] | This is weird. | 真奇怪 |
[07:50] | Looks like your brother kept a copy | 看起来你的哥哥留着一份 |
[07:51] | of correspondence with one of our old clients. | 跟我们的一位老客户的通信记录 |
[07:54] | Apparently another fan of Simulation Theory. | 显然他也是模拟论的粉丝 |
[07:57] | Would that be a certain billionaire that we saved | 是那个我们从机器地狱犬口中 |
[08:00] | from a robotic hellhound? | 救下的亿万富翁吗 |
[08:07] | Oh, you two look great. | 你们俩看起来不错 |
[08:09] | Thanks for seeing us, Mr. Baskerville. | 谢谢你能见我们 巴斯克维尔先生 |
[08:12] | Please, call me Henry. | 叫我亨利就行 |
[08:13] | I’m still alive because of you guys. | 因为你们我才能活到现在 |
[08:15] | So, to what do I owe the pleasure? | 是什么风把两位吹来了 |
[08:17] | Multiple homicides. | 多起谋杀案 |
[08:18] | I know you’re a busy man. | 我知道你很忙 |
[08:19] | You’ve got patents to poach and a tech empire to run. | 你有很多专利要剽窃 还有个科技帝国要运营 |
[08:22] | So I’ll be direct. | 所以我就直说了 |
[08:24] | What can you tell us about your relationship | 能跟我们说说你和一个 |
[08:26] | with a man named Norman Horowitz? | 叫诺曼·霍罗威茨的人的关系吗 |
[08:28] | This is someone I know? | 那是我认识的人吗 |
[08:30] | We found letters he wrote you. | 我们找到了他写给你的信 |
[08:31] | And you responded to one, thanking him for his kind words | 而你回了一封信 感谢他夸奖 |
[08:34] | about a talk you gave. | 你的一个演讲 |
[08:40] | Oh, yeah. That guy. | 对 那个人 |
[08:41] | He cornered me at an event that we sponsor. | 他在我们赞助的一场活动中堵住了我 |
[08:44] | To be honest, I think he might be a little nuts. | 说实话 我觉得他有点疯疯癫癫的 |
[08:46] | Well, he was schizophrenic. He passed away. | 他确实有精神分裂症 他已经死了 |
[08:48] | Before he died, | 在他死之前 |
[08:49] | he foretold a number of untimely deaths, | 他预言了几场过早的死亡 |
[08:52] | and his predictions keep coming true. | 而他的预言正在接连成真 |
[08:54] | Norman was obsessed | 诺曼痴迷于 |
[08:55] | with Simulation Theory. | 模拟论 |
[08:56] | He thought it explained psychic phenomena. | 他认为它能解释精神活动 |
[08:58] | We think somebody’s killing people, | 我们认为有人在杀人 |
[09:00] | carrying out a hoax, to prove that he was right. | 用骗局去证明他是对的 |
[09:04] | We think that the killer | 我们觉得凶手 |
[09:05] | also believes in Simulation Theory, | 也相信模拟论 |
[09:07] | and since you’re so plugged into that world, | 由于你跟那个世界联系密切 |
[09:09] | we think you can understand why we’d ask for your help. | 你应该能理解我们为什么找你帮忙 |
[09:13] | Well, actually, I don’t think I do. | 其实我并不理解 |
[09:14] | I mean, Simulation Theory isn’t just | 我是说 模拟论并不只是 |
[09:15] | some fringe thing for fanatics and cranks. | 狂热者和疯子的边缘理论 |
[09:17] | It’s probably the most logical explanation | 这可能是关于物质存在的 |
[09:19] | for existence ever devised. | 最有逻辑的解释 |
[09:21] | There’s Nobel winners who believe in this. | 还有诺贝尔奖得主相信这个理论 |
[09:23] | And at least one murderer. | 还有至少一个杀人犯 |
[09:25] | We think we’re looking for someone | 我们觉得我们在找一个 |
[09:26] | that Norman shared his predictions with, | 听诺曼分享了他的预言的人 |
[09:28] | and that person is now violently committed | 那个人犯下了暴力罪行 |
[09:30] | to changing the fundamental paradigm | 为了改变人们 |
[09:32] | through which existence is understood. | 理解物质存在的基本方式 |
[09:35] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:36] | Many people have been murdered in God’s name, | 很多人以上帝的名义被谋杀了 |
[09:38] | but this wouldn’t be the first time that an atheist | 但这不是第一次狂热分子 |
[09:40] | has killed to undermine religious faith. | 为破坏宗教信仰而杀人了 |
[09:43] | Our killer is a zealot, | 我们的凶手是个狂热信徒 |
[09:44] | but just not the kind we’re used to. | 但不是我们经常见到的那种 |
[09:47] | Well, if you’re right, | 如果你是对的 |
[09:47] | their plot’s gonna backfire big-time. | 他们的阴谋会铸成大错 |
[09:49] | Simulation Theory will take a hit if they get exposed. | 如果他们暴露了 模拟论会大受打击 |
[09:51] | If they get exposed. | 如果他们暴露的话 |
[09:53] | I imagine they plan to succeed. | 我想他们的计划是成功 |
[09:55] | And their chances will certainly improve | 如果他们成功划掉名单上下一个名字 |
[09:56] | if the next name on the list gets crossed off, ’cause it’s mine. | 他们的几率会更大 因为下一个是我 |
[10:00] | He wrote your obituary, too? | 他也写了你的死亡 |
[10:02] | – Did you know him? – No. | -你认识他吗 -不 |
[10:05] | He may have gotten my name from the phone book. | 他可能从电话本上看到了我的名字 |
[10:07] | But it’s more likely that he came across my name | 但他更有可能是在查你的资料时 |
[10:09] | when he was reading up on you. | 看到了我的名字 |
[10:11] | There was a lot of press | 很多媒体报道了 |
[10:12] | about the work we did for you. | 我们之前为你做的工作 |
[10:14] | Look, obviously, I want to be helpful. | 听着 我真的很想帮忙 |
[10:16] | And a lot of crazy people | 可惜有很多疯子 |
[10:17] | go to these Simulation Symposiums, unfortunately. | 去参加这些模拟论研讨会 |
[10:21] | Would it help if I gave you a list of their names? | 如果我给你份名单会有帮助吗 |
[10:25] | Thanks, Greg. | 谢了 格雷戈 |
[10:26] | This is kind of our no-fly list. | 这差不多是我们的黑名单了 |
[10:28] | People who got a little too aggressive | 都是这些年来想把点子卖给我的 |
[10:29] | trying to sell me their ideas over the years, | 行为有些过激的人 |
[10:30] | an ex or two who engaged in some light stalking. | 还有一两个喜欢跟踪我的前女友 |
[10:33] | It’s pretty much anyone and everyone | 基本上都是 |
[10:34] | that my security is supposed to watch out for. | 我的保镖会留意的人 |
[10:36] | Including the strange people you met at the Symposiums. | 包括你在研讨会上见到的那些怪人 |
[10:39] | Are those individuals clearly marked? | 那些人都标记清楚了吗 |
[10:41] | Yeah, I hate to say, there’s quite a few, | 对 我不想这么说 但人很多 |
[10:42] | but you’ll see who’s who in the notes. | 你们会在注释中看到谁是谁 |
[10:44] | Is there anything else I can do? | 我还能做什么吗 |
[10:45] | No, this is great. Thanks. | 不 这就很好了 谢谢 |
[10:47] | Uh, before you go, can I ask you one question? | 在你们走之前 我能问个问题吗 |
[10:49] | Do you know for sure | 你们确定 |
[10:51] | that those three people were murdered? | 那三个人是被谋杀的吗 |
[10:53] | The alternative is that Norman Horowitz could see the future. | 否则诺曼·霍罗威茨就能预见未来 |
[10:56] | Yeah, it is. | 没错 |
[11:00] | Will you let me know what you find? | 你们能让我知道结果吗 |
[11:07] | So, if you have a moment, | 如果你有空 |
[11:08] | there’s a plan I’d like to discuss. | 我想跟你讨论个计划 |
[11:11] | Actually, I’m a little ahead of you. | 其实我比你动作快 |
[11:13] | I think you should lie low. | 我觉得你应该低调 |
[11:13] | Stay here and go over the list that Baskerville gave us. | 待在这里研究巴斯克维尔给的名单 |
[11:16] | I looped Marcus in. | 我让马库斯加入了 |
[11:17] | He and I are gonna look into one of these deaths. | 我和他要去查其中一起命案 |
[11:19] | I think, if we solve one of them, we’ll solve them all. | 如果能解决一个 就能全部解决 |
[11:21] | That’s a reasonable assumption | 这是合理的假设 |
[11:23] | and an acceptable division of labor, | 也是合理的分工 |
[11:25] | but it’s not what I meant. | 但我不是这个意思 |
[11:26] | We need to talk about what happens after I die. | 我们要谈谈我死后的事 |
[11:30] | “The Last Will and Testament of Sherlock Holmes”? | 夏洛克・福尔摩斯的临终遗嘱 |
[11:33] | According to Mr. Horowitz, in three days’ time, | 根据霍罗威茨先生的说法 三天后 |
[11:36] | I am to be riddled with bullets by an unknown assailant | 我会在城里的某个未知地点被未知杀手 |
[11:39] | in an unnamed part of the city. | 开枪杀死 |
[11:41] | While I doubt that will happen, | 虽然我怀疑这会不会发生 |
[11:43] | reading it did remind me that you should have a copy | 但这提醒我应该给你一份 |
[11:45] | of the appropriate paperwork to ensure a smooth probate. | 正式文件以确保遗嘱认证顺利 |
[11:48] | You didn’t write all this up today. | 你不是今天才写的 |
[11:50] | No, I wrote it several years ago | 不 几年前我们正式搭档之后 |
[11:52] | when we formalized our partnership. | 我就写好了 |
[11:54] | I just didn’t give you a copy. | 我只是没有给你一份 |
[11:59] | Am I reading this right? | 我没看错吧 |
[12:01] | You left me everything? | 你把所有东西都留给我了 |
[12:03] | You’re surprised? | 你很惊讶吗 |
[12:06] | I guess I’m touched. | 我想我是感动了 |
[12:10] | There are some directives in the back | 后面有一些指令 |
[12:11] | that you should review. | 你应该看看 |
[12:16] | Instructions on what to do with your cerebellum? | 关于怎么处置你的小脑的指令 |
[12:19] | Mmm. Also my bees. | 还有我的蜜蜂 |
[12:21] | They will need a proper home. | 它们需要一个合适的家 |
[12:24] | Uh, it says here that I’m supposed to sell the brownstone | 这上面说我应该把褐石屋卖掉 |
[12:26] | if I can’t pay the taxes on your foreign equities. | 如果我交不起你国外股票的税金的话 |
[12:29] | This is a very valuable home. | 这是栋很值钱的房子 |
[12:31] | What kind of taxes are we talking about? | 我们说的到底是什么税 |
[12:32] | When I came of age, my father bequeathed me | 我到法定年龄的时候 我父亲给了我 |
[12:34] | some stocks which are traded on the Nikkei. | 一些日本的股票 |
[12:37] | The holdings were quite substantial then. | 当时它们很值钱 |
[12:38] | I suspect they still are. | 现在应该也还是 |
[12:39] | You suspect? Okay, I don’t mean to be crass, | 应该 好吧 我不想扫兴 |
[12:41] | but if you are murdered, | 但如果你被杀了 |
[12:43] | how many reasons will the police have to suspect me? | 警察会有多少个理由怀疑我 |
[12:45] | Feel free to check the balance on my brokerage account. | 尽管去查我经纪人账户的余额吧 |
[12:48] | The log-in should be in the appendix. | 附页上应该有登录信息 |
[12:59] | As for the threats that Baskerville identified, | 至于巴克斯维尔提供的威胁名单 |
[13:01] | I suppose I should prioritize the most recent incidents. | 我猜我应该优先处理最近的事件 |
[13:09] | Um, I think there’s a problem. | 我觉得这里有个问题 |
[13:16] | Did you type everything correctly? | 你都输对了吗 |
[13:18] | Yeah. There’s your name. | 这上面是你的名字 |
[13:18] | This is definitely your account. | 肯定是你的账户 |
[13:20] | Then I’ve been robbed. | 那我就是被打劫了 |
[13:24] | How offensive. | 太无礼了 |
[13:25] | You don’t seem that surprised. | 你看起来并不吃惊 |
[13:26] | No. I have an idea who did this. | 对 我知道是谁干的 |
[13:31] | Oh, it’s Marcus. He’s ready to meet up. | 是马库斯 他已经到了 |
[13:32] | I should go. | 我要走了 |
[13:33] | Did you decide which murder to solve? | 你想好先突破哪起杀人案了吗 |
[13:35] | Christina Dawson. | 克里斯蒂娜·道森 |
[13:36] | She’s the woman who supposedly jumped off her own roof. | 那个疑似从自家屋顶跳楼的女人 |
[13:39] | It’s the most violent and the most recent. | 这是最暴力也是最新的案子 |
[13:46] | I should have offered you something. | 我应该招待一下你们的 |
[13:48] | Do you need a drink or… | 需要喝点什么或者… |
[13:49] | No, no. We appreciate you taking the time to talk to us. | 不用了 我们很感谢你能抽出时间跟我们聊 |
[13:52] | It’s no problem. | 这没什么 |
[13:54] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[13:56] | planning Christina’s funeral. | 在策划克里斯蒂娜的葬礼 |
[13:58] | The cops who came out yesterday, | 昨天来的警察 |
[14:00] | they put down that your wife didn’t leave a note. | 他们的记录称你妻子没有留下遗言 |
[14:03] | No. Believe me, I’ve been looking for one. | 没有 相信我 我一直在找 |
[14:05] | Something to explain this. | 能解释她为什么这么做的东西 |
[14:07] | It makes no sense. | 这根本不合理 |
[14:09] | It sounds like you have doubts | 听起来你对发生的事 |
[14:09] | about what happened. | 持有疑虑 |
[14:11] | I don’t know. I… | 我也说不好 我… |
[14:13] | I never thought she would hurt herself. | 我从不觉得她会伤害自己 |
[14:16] | But that ledge up there on the roof, it’s tall, | 但那个屋顶上的平台很高 |
[14:18] | and I don’t know why she’d go up there in the first place. | 我都不知道她为什么要上那里去 |
[14:22] | I can’t see how this was an accident. | 我觉得这不是意外 |
[14:25] | Well, the file here says you were out of town | 文件上说你当时去出差了 |
[14:27] | on a business trip. | 不在市里 |
[14:28] | Can you think of anyone | 你能想到克里斯蒂娜 |
[14:29] | Christina had plans to see the night she died? | 死的那晚 她有计划去见谁吗 |
[14:32] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[14:34] | Do you think that… | 你觉得… |
[14:36] | Did those other cops miss something? | 那些警察漏掉了什么吗 |
[14:38] | Maybe not, but we want to take another look. | 或许没有 但我们想换个角度看看 |
[14:41] | There’s a coincidence we can’t really explain. | 有一些巧合我们解释不了 |
[14:45] | A few months ago, a disturbed man wrote some obituaries, | 几个月前 有个精神病人写下了一些讣告 |
[14:48] | predicting some people would die on certain days. | 预测一些人会在某天死去 |
[14:52] | He’s not a suspect. | 他不是嫌犯 |
[14:53] | He died a couple months ago. | 他几个月前就死了 |
[14:55] | His name was Norman Horowitz. | 他叫诺曼·霍罗威茨 |
[14:56] | Did you or your wife happen to know him? | 你或你妻子认识他吗 |
[14:59] | No, I… | 不认识 我… |
[15:01] | I-I don’t think so. | 据我所知不认识 |
[15:04] | Are you saying he knew Christina was gonna die? | 你是说他知道克里斯蒂娜会死 |
[15:07] | He predicted that she would take her own life | 他预测出她会在 |
[15:09] | on the day that she did. | 她死的那天自杀 |
[15:12] | It’s possible that someone else | 有可能有人 |
[15:15] | is making those predictions come true. | 在让这些预言成真 |
[15:18] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[15:21] | Do you think she was pushed? | 你们觉得她是被推下去的吗 |
[15:23] | We don’t know what to think yet. | 我们目前还无法定论 |
[15:24] | We’re just trying to get to the bottom of it. | 我们只是想查明真相 |
[15:26] | Would it be possible for you to take us to the roof | 你能不能带我们去屋顶 |
[15:28] | so we can take a look around? | 让我们四处看看呢 |
[15:34] | These are the keys, | 这是钥匙 |
[15:35] | but, uh, I’m sorry. | 但是 很抱歉 |
[15:37] | I can’t go up there. | 我没法上去 |
[15:39] | Not ever again. | 再也不会上去了 |
[15:52] | The file says she went over the side right over there. | 档案上说她去了那边 |
[15:58] | We should watch where we’re walking. | 我们应该注意地上 |
[16:00] | We’re leaving tracks. | 留下脚印了 |
[16:02] | It’s kind of hard not to. There’s soot everywhere. | 很难不留 这里到处是煤灰 |
[16:04] | We should get CSU up here to take pictures. | 我们应该找鉴证组来拍照 |
[16:06] | Yeah, we’re a day late on that. | 已经晚了 |
[16:08] | Looks like they did a square dance | 看起来他们在犯罪现场 |
[16:09] | all over the crime scene. | 大跳方块舞来着 |
[16:11] | Assuming this is a crime scene. | 如果这真是犯罪现场的话 |
[16:13] | Well, MLI and first responders | 法医和急救员 |
[16:15] | obviously did not think so. | 显然并没这么认为 |
[16:16] | Do we know what kind of shoes she was wearing? | 她那晚穿的什么鞋子 |
[16:19] | Uh, she was dressed for a night out. | 她打扮得像要外出 |
[16:21] | Had on, like, wedges, I guess you’d call them. | 穿的是…坡跟鞋 应该这么叫吧 |
[16:25] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那么 |
[16:28] | these are hers. | 这些脚印是她的 |
[16:30] | And then one of these other sets of prints | 那么其他脚印中有一组 |
[16:31] | has gotta be our killer’s. | 一定是凶手的 |
[16:34] | I’ll find out who worked the scene yesterday, | 我去查查昨天来过现场的工作人员 |
[16:36] | ask them what shoes they were wearing | 问问他们都穿了什么鞋 |
[16:37] | so we can eliminate them. | 好排除脚印 |
[16:41] | Actually, that might not be necessary. | 可能不用了 |
[16:43] | Check out that lounge area over there. | 看看那边的休息区 |
[16:44] | Looks like a community space, not just one person’s patio. | 应该是公用的 不是私人的露台 |
[16:47] | The building looks new. | 楼看起来很新 |
[16:48] | I mean, they might have security cameras up there. | 可能装了监控摄像头 |
[16:51] | If they do, one of them | 这样的话 可能有摄像头 |
[16:52] | might have caught the murder on tape. | 拍下了凶手 |
[16:57] | At the top here, | 这里 |
[16:58] | this is the edge she went over? | 她就是从这里跳下去的吗 |
[16:59] | Yeah. This is the angle from the building next door. | 是的 这是从隔壁楼的角度看到的 |
[17:01] | Whatever happened should be on here. | 无论发生了什么都应该被录下来了 |
[17:03] | Any luck, we’ll get a good look at the person’s face | 如果够幸运 我们能清楚看到这人的脸 |
[17:06] | who wanted the world to think that | 这个想让全世界觉得诺曼·霍罗威茨 |
[17:07] | Norman Horowitz was clairvoyant. | 有未卜先知的能力的人 |
[17:09] | Whoever it is, I doubt they’ll be a match for anyone | 无论是谁 我觉得都他都不会 |
[17:11] | on Baskerville’s list of suspects. | 在巴斯克维尔嫌犯名单上 |
[17:12] | You didn’t like any of them? | 没有让你有兴趣的人吗 |
[17:13] | None seemed capable of serial murder. | 他们看上去都不像是连环杀手 |
[17:15] | Serial onanism, on the other hand… | 倒是有连续不射的潜质 |
[17:20] | There. | 来了 |
[17:21] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[17:24] | I don’t see anyone up there with her. You? | 我没看到她周围有人 你们呢 |
[17:27] | Give it a second. | 等一下 |
[17:28] | If she knew the killer, | 如果她认识凶手 |
[17:29] | then he might have told her to meet him on the roof. | 那可能是他让她在屋顶见面 |
[17:43] | She really jumped. | 她真的跳下去了 |
[17:46] | Okay, if no one else is gonna say it, I will. | 好吧 如果没人说 那我来说 |
[17:49] | Norman Horowitz could see the future. | 诺曼·霍罗威茨能预见未来 |
[18:13] | You didn’t sleep. | 你没睡 |
[18:14] | I’m scheduled to be gunned down tomorrow. | 按计划 我明天就要被枪杀了 |
[18:16] | I thought solving this case | 我觉得解决这个案子 |
[18:18] | would be a better use of my time. | 才是好好利用我的时间 |
[18:19] | And it would have been, had I managed to do so. | 本可以是 如果我能破了案子的话 |
[18:22] | Still no idea how to explain Christina Dawson jumping? | 还是没法解释克里斯蒂娜为什么会跳下去 |
[18:25] | My favorite theory involves a sonic cannon. | 我最喜欢的解释是声波炮 |
[18:28] | The killer could have purloined one | 杀手可以从新泽西的 |
[18:29] | from the DARPA warehouse in New Jersey, | 国防部高级研究计划局仓库偷出来一架 |
[18:31] | and with certain modifications… | 并加以改装 |
[18:32] | Okay, let’s stop right there. | 行了 打住 |
[18:33] | If a sonic cannon is on your short list, | 如果声波炮都上了你的入围名单 |
[18:35] | then I think it’d just be easier to admit | 那我觉得还不如承认 |
[18:37] | that we’re living in a computer simulation | 我们生活在计算机虚拟世界 |
[18:38] | and that Norman Horowitz could see the future. | 而诺曼·霍罗威茨能预见未来呢 |
[18:42] | I confess, it’s not yet clear | 我承认目前还不清楚 |
[18:43] | how to apply Occam’s razor to this case. | 这件事要怎么用奥卡姆剃刀理论来解释 |
[18:45] | Neither of the other two deaths | 诺曼预测的另外两起死亡 |
[18:47] | that Norman predicted have offered | 都没有提供什么 |
[18:48] | any helpful handholds. I looked. | 有用的线索 我查过了 |
[18:50] | So nothing on Kamal Mehta, | 卡马尔·梅塔身上也没有线索吗 |
[18:52] | the guy who supposedly died of bone cancer? | 那个应该死于骨癌的人 |
[18:54] | In a hospice facility with no security cameras. | 临终关怀机构没有摄像头 |
[18:57] | Obviously, there wasn’t an autopsy. | 很显然 尸体也没有解剖 |
[19:00] | What about Patrick Chen, car crash guy? | 那帕特里克·陈呢 那个车祸死者呢 |
[19:02] | How many ways might one orchestrate | 要精心策划一起单车车祸 |
[19:04] | a single-vehicle car crash? | 能有多少种办法 |
[19:06] | The car was scrapped, so we’ll never know. | 他的车被报废了 我们无从得知了 |
[19:13] | Mr. Horowitz, we were just discussing your case. | 霍罗威茨先生 我们正在讨论你的案子 |
[19:16] | I’m sorry to call so early. | 很抱歉这么早打给你 |
[19:17] | I just… I need to know– | 我只是 我想知道 |
[19:18] | did you talk to a reporter about my brother? | 你有没有跟记者提起过我哥哥 |
[19:21] | No, of course not. Why? | 当然没有 怎么了 |
[19:22] | Because I’ve got six news vans parked in front of my house. | 因为我家门口停了六辆新闻车 |
[19:26] | Everyone wants to know about Norman. | 所有人都想知道诺曼的事 |
[19:31] | Friends say the troubled obituary writer | 朋友们说这个饱受困扰的讣告作家 |
[19:33] | claimed the visions came to him | 声称他能看到未来 |
[19:35] | because of how he was programmed. | 因为他与生俱来的设定 |
[19:37] | They say Horowitz himself grappled | 他们说霍罗威茨 |
[19:38] | for an understanding of his gift | 参透了自己的天赋 |
[19:40] | and thought something called Simulation Theory | 并认为某种叫”模拟理论”的东西 |
[19:42] | might hold the key. | 也许就是关键 |
[19:44] | It’s remarkable– every television journalist | 真是了不起 每个电视记者 |
[19:45] | applies an identical patina of smarm, no matter the story. | 无论他们报道什么 都用了同样的溢美之词 |
[19:49] | I’ll give this woman one thing– she’s got great sources. | 我得夸这个女人一点 她的线人很靠谱 |
[19:52] | Check it out. | 看看 |
[19:53] | They published a bunch of obits | 他们还报道了了一系列诺曼·霍罗威茨 |
[19:55] | that Norman Horowitz wrote so that viewers | 写的讣告 这样观众就能 |
[19:57] | can check if they’re next on the list. | 看看他们自己在不在名单上 |
[19:59] | It’s a Channel exclusive. | 这是独家报道 |
[20:00] | There must not be a single moral human | 在电视台工作的人 |
[20:02] | at that television station. | 一个有道德的都没有 |
[20:03] | Surely they must suspect that they’re promoting a killer | 他们肯定怀疑过自己是在鼓励一个凶手 |
[20:06] | and promulgating his beliefs. | 并宣扬他的信仰 |
[20:07] | Yeah, and getting a zillion clicks. | 对 还能有成千上万的点击量 |
[20:08] | I don’t recognize half the names on this list. | 这个名单中一半的名字我都不认识 |
[20:11] | That’s because you’ve never seen them before. | 那是因为你从来没见过他们 |
[20:12] | Neither of us has. | 我们俩都没见过 |
[20:14] | David didn’t provide them, | 大卫没有提供那些讣告 |
[20:15] | and those obituaries | 那些讣告也并不在 |
[20:16] | were not in Norman’s room. | 诺曼的房间里 |
[20:18] | Then he must have handed some of them | 那他一定在死前把其中一些讣告 |
[20:19] | to a friend before he died. | 给了一个朋友 |
[20:21] | “Friend” and “Coconspirator” | “朋友” 也是”同谋” |
[20:23] | are interchangeable in this case, I think. | 我觉得在这个案子中是一个意思 |
[20:25] | You look pleased. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[20:27] | Well, I’m mostly disgusted. | 我主要还是觉得恶心 |
[20:29] | But there’s every chance | 但是很有可能 |
[20:30] | that whoever leaked this information is our killer. | 泄露消息的人就是我们的凶手 |
[20:35] | Ms. Garrisi. | 格瑞西女士 |
[20:37] | Just the person I came to see. | 我就是来见你的 |
[20:38] | Uh, Sherlock Holmes. | 我叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[20:39] | I’m executive producer, BBC World News America. | 我是BBC世界新闻美国台的执行出品人 |
[20:41] | A pleasure. | 很高兴见到你 |
[20:43] | How can I help you? | 我可以帮你什么 |
[20:44] | Uh, could we speak in private? | 我们能私下谈谈吗 |
[20:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:53] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[20:55] | Can I first just say how much I love your show? | 首先我想说 我非常喜爱你们的节目 |
[20:58] | And I admire your work. | 我很欣赏你的工作 |
[21:00] | That’s why I’m here. | 这也是我来的原因 |
[21:01] | I saw the piece that you did on the prophet character, | 我看到了你对那个预言家的报道 |
[21:03] | Norman Horowitz. | 诺曼·霍罗威茨 |
[21:04] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[21:05] | We’re proud of that one. | 我们很引以为豪 |
[21:06] | You should be. Incredible get. | 应该的 非常出色 |
[21:09] | How did you come by it? | 你是怎么想到的 |
[21:10] | I mean, who sent you all those obituaries? | 是谁把讣告发给你的 |
[21:12] | You know I can’t reveal a source. | 你知道我不能泄露消息来源 |
[21:14] | Even to your new employer? | 即使跟新老板也不行吗 |
[21:17] | We’re always looking for fresh talent. | 我们一直在寻找新人才 |
[21:20] | You seem like you’re ready for a move up to the big leagues. | 你看起来准备好晋升到更大的团队了 |
[21:24] | I’ve just got to know, | 我得知道 |
[21:25] | how did you break that story? | 你是怎么发现这新闻的 |
[21:28] | – You’re not from the BBC. – I’m not? | -你不是BBC的人 -我不是吗 |
[21:31] | I’ve been working in this dump for eight years, | 我在这个垃圾堆里工作了八年 |
[21:33] | and I can’t even get on the anchor desk. | 连主播台都上不了 |
[21:34] | The BBC is about nine rungs up the ladder. | 想进BBC比登天还难 |
[21:38] | You’re either trying to sleep with me or… | 你是想睡我还是… |
[21:39] | I work with the NYPD. | 我和纽约警局一起办案 |
[21:40] | You’re in a position to aid our investigation. | 你可以协助我们的调查 |
[21:42] | By scrapping the Fourth Amendment and burning my source? | 要触犯第四修正案强迫我泄露消息来源吗 |
[21:44] | No, thanks. I have to get back to work. | 不了谢谢 我要回去工作了 |
[21:46] | I’ll make you a real offer. | 我给你开个真的条件 |
[21:48] | You must suspect the truth. | 你肯定也想知道真相 |
[21:49] | Someone’s killing people in order to make | 有人为了使霍罗威茨的预言成真 |
[21:51] | Horowitz’s predictions come true. | 而杀了很多人 |
[21:54] | He wanted an audience, | 他想要观众 |
[21:55] | and you gave him one. | 而你为他提供了观众 |
[21:57] | I thought you were gonna make me an offer, | 我还以为你是要给我提条件 |
[21:59] | not try to guilt-trip me. | 而不是想让我有罪恶感 |
[22:00] | Tell me who sent you the obituaries, | 告诉我是谁给你发的讣告 |
[22:02] | and I’ll be your next source. | 我就做你的下一个消息源 |
[22:04] | We’re gonna find this person– | 我们会找到这个人 |
[22:05] | a serial killer, mind you– and when we do, | 一个连环杀手 如果我们抓住他 |
[22:07] | that story can either go to you, | 这则新闻可以给你 |
[22:08] | or it can go to your competition. | 也可以给你的竞争对手 |
[22:11] | Sherlock says this reporter got the tip from an anonymous caller. | 夏洛克说这个记者的消息来源是一通匿名电话 |
[22:16] | Blocked number? | 虚拟号码吗 |
[22:17] | Burner. Guy disguised his voice, too. | 一次性电话 那人还伪装了自己的声音 |
[22:20] | Told her where to find the obits online. | 他告诉了她讣告在网上的位置 |
[22:22] | Didn’t give a name. | 没说名字 |
[22:23] | So, all of these obituaries Mr. Horowitz wrote, | 霍罗威茨先生写的所有讣告 |
[22:26] | they were already floating around on the Internet? | 之前就已经在网上流传开了吗 |
[22:29] | More like they were buried in a private chat room. | 其实是藏在了一个私人聊天室里 |
[22:32] | RealityIsnt.Net. | 真亦假网 |
[22:35] | “Dot net”? | 后缀是.net |
[22:37] | Haven’t heard that in a few years. | 很多年没听说过了 |
[22:38] | It’s not a real hangout for the cool kids. | 那些潮人确实不会上这网 |
[22:41] | I registered an account so I could take a look. | 为了登上去看看 我注册了账号 |
[22:43] | There’s 40 members, mostly anonymous. | 有40个成员 大多是匿名用户 |
[22:45] | They’re Simulation Theory believers | 他们都是模拟论的信徒 |
[22:47] | who like to speculate about whether the universe is real. | 喜欢思考宇宙究竟是不是真的 |
[22:50] | Couple days ago, a new user joined– | 几天前有个新用户加入了 |
[22:53] | “WokeBaeBae.” | “觉醒宝贝儿” |
[22:54] | First and only post they ever made | 他们发的唯一一则内容 |
[22:56] | was to upload all of Norman Horowitz’s predictions | 就是上传了诺曼·霍罗威茨 |
[22:59] | about who was gonna die. | 对于他人死亡的所有预测 |
[23:00] | They didn’t get any response. | 没有人回复他们 |
[23:02] | Nobody paid any attention until Channe 10 got the tip. | 直到10频道放出新闻才有人关注 |
[23:05] | Sounds like whoever posted this stuff | 听起来发出这些东西的人 |
[23:07] | decided to up the ante | 决定增加赌注 |
[23:09] | and make sure that the news spread. | 确保新闻发散 |
[23:12] | Any chatter on the site about who did this? | 那个网站上有人在聊是谁干的吗 |
[23:14] | Nobody knows. | 没人知道 |
[23:15] | They’re all guessing, pointing fingers. | 他们都在猜测 互相怀疑 |
[23:17] | Who runs the site? | 管理网站的人是谁 |
[23:19] | They gotta have the IP addresses of all the users. | 他们肯定有所有用户的IP地址 |
[23:22] | I’m checking the URL registry, | 我在URL地址登记处查过了 |
[23:24] | trying to I.D. the board’s moderator, | 想要确认版主的身份 |
[23:26] | “Commander Deez.” | “迪兹司令” |
[23:27] | That guy is on the top of my list. | 这个人是我的首要怀疑对象 |
[23:29] | He’s made 15,000 posts ranting about Simulation Theory. | 他发了一万五千条关于模拟论的内容 |
[23:34] | I’m wondering if he got tired | 我在想他是不是厌倦了 |
[23:35] | of preaching to his echo chamber. | 在他的回音室里传道 |
[23:37] | Maybe he decided to take his message to a wider audience. | 或许他决定把自己的信息带给更多的观众 |
[23:43] | Watson? | 华生 |
[23:44] | Yeah, I’m here. | 我在这 |
[23:51] | We’ve talked about this. | 我们说过这事了 |
[23:52] | You know I loathe orange highlighters. | 你知道我讨厌橙色荧光笔 |
[23:54] | So do I. Everyone does. | 我也是 所有人都讨厌 |
[23:55] | It’s extra motivation to solve this | 这也是在你被神经病枪杀前 |
[23:57] | so we can pull it all down | 我们破案的又一动机 |
[23:58] | before you’re shot to death by some lunatic. | 这样才能把这些都撤下来 |
[24:01] | So, you said Marcus was gonna hunt down | 你说马库斯准备去查 |
[24:03] | the message board moderator. | 那个聊天室的版主 |
[24:04] | I thought we’d get there faster by searching the Internet | 我觉得我们通过在网上找其他网站的 |
[24:06] | for other sites with accounts | 用相同用户名的用户 |
[24:08] | with the same username. | 会来得更快一点 |
[24:09] | Turns out there are hundreds of WokeBaeBaes out there, | 结果网上有上百个”觉醒宝贝儿” |
[24:11] | all posting up a storm. | 都在疯狂发帖 |
[24:12] | “The best lack all conviction, | “善者信念全无 |
[24:14] | while the worst are full of passionate intensity.” | 恶人激情澎湃” |
[24:17] | And Yeats never even saw the Internet. | 而叶芝都没见过互联网 |
[24:20] | I know it’s a slog, but maybe we find our killer | 我知道要查很久 但或许能就此找到凶手 |
[24:22] | because he always uses the same handle and semantics. | 因为他总是使用相同的一套语法和修辞 |
[24:26] | I mean, could be that one of these other BaeBaes is our guy | 可能这些”宝贝儿”中就有我们要找的人 |
[24:30] | and some review he wrote about | 而说不定他在哪写的评论 |
[24:31] | a corndog stand will give him away. | 就会暴露他的马脚 |
[24:38] | – Hello? – It’s him. | -你好 -是他 |
[24:39] | Mr. Holmes, would you like me | 福尔摩斯先生 在我们交货前 |
[24:40] | to secure the premises before we deliver? | 需要我确认一下住处的安全吗 |
[24:43] | No. Deliver what? | 不用 交什么货 |
[24:45] | Not real smart, you ask me. | 这可不明智 要我说的话 |
[24:46] | Keeping all this in a private home. | 把这些都放在自己家里 |
[24:50] | I hope you know what you’re doing. | 我希望你清楚自己在干什么 |
[24:51] | Sign here. | 在这签名 |
[24:54] | Is that gold in these boxes? | 那些盒子里都是黄金吗 |
[24:55] | Be back in a sec | 马上回来 |
[24:57] | with the rest. | 还有剩下的 |
[24:58] | There’s more? | 还有更多吗 |
[25:01] | There’s a lot more. | 还有好多啊 |
[25:03] | Well, I found the money that was stolen from me. | 我查到了我被偷走的钱 |
[25:05] | Well, that much I figured. | 我差不多猜到了 |
[25:07] | I never did trust my father’s estate attorney. | 我从来没信任过我父亲的财产律师 |
[25:09] | He’s not the kind of man who can be trusted. | 他不是那种能让人信任的人 |
[25:11] | Which, ironically, is a job requirement | 而讽刺的是 受人信任又正是 |
[25:12] | when representing Morland Holmes’s legal interests. | 他在代表莫兰德·福尔摩斯法律利益时的工作要求 |
[25:15] | So, your father’s lawyer embezzled everything in your trust? | 所以你父亲的律师挪用了你信托账户里的钱 |
[25:18] | He claims he didn’t, | 他声称自己没有 |
[25:19] | although he did confess to moving everything | 不过他确实承认在没有我许可的情况下 |
[25:20] | into vice stocks without my permission. | 用我的钱买进了罪恶股票 |
[25:22] | My inheritance was supporting | 我继承的遗产支持着 |
[25:23] | all kinds of immoral corporate slime. | 各种从事邪恶勾当的企业 |
[25:27] | Naturally, it grew substantially, | 因此赚了很多钱 |
[25:28] | though I suspect he was skimming off most of the gains. | 不过我还是怀疑他捞走了大部分的收益 |
[25:32] | So you called him on it, and then he was like, | 所以你联系他之后 他就说 |
[25:33] | “Gee, I’m sorry, I’ll just send you some gold”? | 天 抱歉 那我寄点金砖给你吧 |
[25:37] | He evinced a great affinity for his lower extremities | 我表明他的下肢可能不保后 |
[25:39] | when I suggested they might be at risk. | 他表现出了对自己下肢的极度疼惜 |
[25:42] | He promised I would be made whole within 12 hours. | 他承诺在12小时内把钱全部退回 |
[25:44] | I doubted he would be able to move | 我很怀疑他能在这么短的时间内 |
[25:45] | such a large amount of cash so quickly, | 动用这么多现金 |
[25:47] | but I see he was well motivated. | 但现在看来他还挺努力的 |
[25:52] | Got a lot of gold there, huh? | 你这儿有挺多金砖啊 |
[25:54] | Henry. How unexpected. | 亨利 真是意外 |
[25:56] | Uh, please. | 请进 |
[25:58] | Yeah, sorry to, uh, intrude. I just… | 好的 抱歉贸然打扰 我只是 |
[26:00] | – I had an update. – Oh, great. | -我有新消息了 -太好了 |
[26:01] | Yeah, some guy called me a couple hours ago. | 有个人几小时前打电话给我 |
[26:04] | Really weird. Like, changed his voice to sound like, you know, | 非常怪异 他把自己的声音伪装成了 |
[26:06] | Darth Vader or something, and he told me to put on Channe 10 | 达斯·维达什么的 他还让我看第十频道 |
[26:08] | ’cause they had a report. | 因为那频道正在播新闻 |
[26:09] | We saw it. Did he call your cell phone? | 我们看到了 他电话打到了你的手机上 |
[26:11] | Yeah, he did. | 是的 |
[26:13] | That’s his number on the top right there. | 最上面就是他的号码 |
[26:15] | It’s the same caller who leaked the story to the reporter. | 跟透露故事给记者的是同一个人 |
[26:18] | No doubt he’s hoping you’ll help boost his message, | 他肯定是想让你帮忙传播他的信息 |
[26:20] | drum up more interest in Norman Horowitz | 让模拟论信徒对诺曼·霍罗威茨这个人 |
[26:21] | amongst Simulation Theorists. | 产生更多兴趣 |
[26:23] | I do hope you won’t oblige. | 希望你不要顺其意 |
[26:25] | Wait a minute. Is that Christina Dawson, | 等一下 那是克里斯蒂娜·道森吗 |
[26:27] | the woman who died the other night? | 那天晚上死的女人 |
[26:29] | She’s alone, isn’t she? | 她是一个人 对吗 |
[26:30] | Sorry. You should not have seen that. | 抱歉 你不该看到这些 |
[26:32] | Yeah, okay, but she did jump, didn’t she? | 好吧 但她确实跳楼了 不是吗 |
[26:38] | – Norman Horowitz saw the future. – No, he did not. | -诺曼·霍罗威茨预见了未来 -不 他没有 |
[26:41] | There will be a logical explanation. | 肯定有符合逻辑的解释 |
[26:42] | The realm of what is possible is not infinite. | 事情的可能性不是无限的 |
[26:45] | Okay, well, I agree with you there, | 好吧 这一点我赞同 |
[26:47] | but do you think that you’re arguing against | 但你说这句话是为了反对模拟论 |
[26:48] | Simulation Theory or for it? | 还是支持模拟论 |
[26:50] | It’s Marcus. He’s got the name of the owner | 是马库斯 他查到 |
[26:52] | of that message board– Terry Weaver. | 那个留言板的主人了 泰瑞·韦弗 |
[26:55] | Wait, I know that name. | 等等 我听过那名字 |
[26:56] | That was on the list that I gave you, I’m sure. | 那名字在我给你的名单上 我可以肯定 |
[26:58] | He was also on a second list. | 他还在另一个名单上 |
[26:59] | Terry Weaver is one of the subjects | 泰瑞·韦弗还是其中一位 |
[27:00] | of Norman Horowitz’s obituaries. | 被诺曼·霍罗威茨写进讣告的人 |
[27:02] | Mr. Weaver is to be abducted | 韦弗先生将在三周后 |
[27:03] | and tortured to death in about three weeks time. | 被绑架然后折磨至死 |
[27:06] | I think the NYPD is gonna want to talk to him before then. | 纽约警局在那之前肯定想跟他谈谈 |
[27:11] | Mr. Weaver, open up! | 韦弗先生 开门 |
[27:12] | We know you’re home. We saw the curtains move. | 我们知道你在家 我们看到窗帘动了 |
[27:16] | Might have to come back with a warrant. | 可能得带个搜查令再来 |
[27:18] | Come on! We just want to talk! | 快点 我们只是想谈谈 |
[27:23] | We have to take the door– now. | 我们得门撞开 快 |
[27:27] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[27:28] | Who’s got a knife? | 谁有刀子 |
[27:30] | Don’t kick. | 别踢了 |
[27:32] | Hey, hey, hurry up! | 快 快点 |
[27:33] | We gotta cut him down. | 我们得把绳子割断 |
[27:36] | What’s going on, man? | 发生什么事了 |
[27:37] | – What was that about? – I’m gonna die. | -你那是干什么 -我要死了 |
[27:39] | Sure, if you hang yourself. | 当然了 你上吊了 |
[27:40] | I was just trying to take the easy way out, okay? | 我只是想死得没那么痛苦 好吗 |
[27:42] | 20 more seconds, it would have worked. | 再给我二十秒就成功了 |
[27:44] | If you hadn’t come in here… | 要不是你们闯进来… |
[27:45] | Hey, hey, if you’re asking me to apologize… | 你要是想让我为此道歉 |
[27:47] | No, I’m… I’m not. | 不 不是 |
[27:49] | We’re both just playing our roles. | 我们只是扮演自己的角色 |
[27:51] | It’s all part of the grand design. | 这都是宏大设计的一部分 |
[27:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[27:55] | I shouldn’t have bothered. | 我不该多此一举 |
[27:56] | Norman knew. | 诺曼早就知道 |
[27:58] | Norman knew everything. | 诺曼知道一切 |
[28:02] | Today wasn’t my day to die. | 今天还不是我的死期 |
[28:08] | It hurts talks. Why won’t you all leave me alone? | 我一说话就脖子疼 你们就不能放过我吗 |
[28:10] | Because I feel little sympathy for you, Mr. Weaver. | 因为我并不怎么同情你 韦弗先生 |
[28:13] | More suspicion. | 更多的是怀疑 |
[28:15] | Didn’t you tell them what happened? | 你没告诉他们发生了什么吗 |
[28:17] | We know you tried to hang yourself. | 我们知道你想上吊自杀 |
[28:19] | What we don’t know is whether you did it | 我们不知道的是你这么做 |
[28:20] | because you feared Norman’s prediction | 是因为你害怕诺曼的预测成真 |
[28:22] | about you being tortured would come true | 你被折磨致死 |
[28:24] | or because you heard the police banging on your door | 还是因为你听到警察在敲你家大门 |
[28:26] | and you knew it was over. | 知道一切都结束了 |
[28:27] | What was over? | 什么结束了 |
[28:29] | The hoax you’re perpetrating. | 你谋划的骗局 |
[28:30] | I think you and Norman hatched a plan. | 我认为你和诺曼想出了一个计划 |
[28:32] | Between his passing and yours, | 在他和你的死亡之间 |
[28:34] | you would leave a string of inexplicable deaths, | 你将留下一串难以解释的死亡 |
[28:36] | all in accordance with his prophecies. | 全部基于他的预言 |
[28:38] | Great way to recruit for your cause, right? | 很好的招募方式 对吗 |
[28:40] | Draw more folks to Simulation Theory? | 为模拟论吸引更多信徒 |
[28:42] | That’s crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[28:43] | I agree. | 我赞同 |
[28:44] | But “crazy” seems to be your whole purview. | 但”疯狂”似乎就是你的代名词 |
[28:46] | You have written endless screeds online | 你在网上发表了无数的文章 |
[28:48] | against religion, social structure, | 抨击宗教 社会结构 |
[28:50] | against latex paint. | 反对乳胶漆 |
[28:52] | Would it be worth it to kill a few people | 通过杀掉一些人 |
[28:54] | if it would make a few million question their faith? | 来让几百万人质疑自己的信仰 值得吗 |
[28:57] | Of course not. | 当然不值得 |
[28:58] | I’m a pacifist. | 我是个和平主义者 |
[29:00] | I don’t even play violent video games, because… | 我都不玩暴力游戏 因为… |
[29:02] | well, that’s… that’s exactly | 这个 这就是我 |
[29:04] | what I’m afraid they’re doing to us. | 害怕他们会对我们产生的影响 |
[29:08] | Who? | 谁们 |
[29:09] | Whoever is running this simulation | 那些运作我们这个 |
[29:11] | we’re all in. | 模拟世界的人 |
[29:12] | You and I, we’re just entertainment to them. | 你和我 我们只是他们的娱乐项目 |
[29:17] | My favorite video game is golf. | 我最爱玩的游戏是《高尔夫》 |
[29:19] | I play it all the time. | 我经常玩 |
[29:20] | My friends and I, we stream our sessions. | 我和我朋友会直播玩的过程 |
[29:23] | If you think the three people who died were killed, | 如果你认为那三个人是被杀的 |
[29:25] | I’ll bet there’s video out there that’ll alibi me | 我打赌你一定可以找到某个视频证明 |
[29:27] | for at least one of their deaths. | 其中一起案件我有不在场证明 |
[29:29] | Let’s say you’re telling the truth. | 就算你说的是实话 |
[29:30] | Keep going. | 继续说 |
[29:31] | Tell us who did it. | 告诉我们是谁干的 |
[29:34] | You own the site where the obituaries were uploaded. | 讣告上传的网站是你的 |
[29:36] | It should be a simple matter to see who posted them. | 要看到是谁发的应该很简单 |
[29:38] | I tried, okay? The account was new. | 我试过了 好吗 那账号是新的 |
[29:41] | WokeBaeBae? They used a VPN to mask their IP. | “觉醒宝贝儿” 他们用VPN隐藏了地址 |
[29:44] | I swear, I don’t know any more about it than you. | 我发誓 我了解的不比你们多 |
[29:47] | Well, you know more Simulation Theorists than we do, | 你比我们更了解模拟论信徒 |
[29:49] | so tell us– | 所以告诉我们 |
[29:50] | which one of them do you think is capable of this? | 他们中有谁能干出这种事 |
[29:53] | None of them. | 都没有 |
[29:54] | They’re my friends. | 他们都是我的朋友 |
[29:56] | But look, if… if Norman did set this up, | 但是 如果真是诺曼干的 |
[29:58] | maybe it was with his editor. | 也许是和他的编辑同谋 |
[30:00] | At the newspaper where he worked? | 在他任职的那家报社吗 |
[30:02] | No. I asked. He said it was a friend. | 不 我问过 他说是一个朋友 |
[30:03] | He wouldn’t tell me who. | 他不肯告诉我是谁 |
[30:04] | All I know is Norman was working on his masterpiece. | 我只知道诺曼在做他的杰作 |
[30:09] | A big book of predictions. | 一部关于预言的大作 |
[30:10] | He called it Visions. | 他称之为《天启》 |
[30:11] | He would talk about it, but he wouldn’t let anyone read it. | 他会谈论这书 但不让任何人读 |
[30:15] | One time, though, he let me sneak a peek at it | 不过有一次 他让我看了一小点 |
[30:17] | just for a second. | 就一下子 |
[30:19] | It was handwritten on black paper in white ink. | 那是用白墨水写在黑纸上的 |
[30:21] | It looked awesome. | 看起来特别棒 |
[30:23] | But he wouldn’t let anyone read it. | 但是他不让任何人读那书 |
[30:26] | He said his editor wanted him to keep it all hush-hush. | 他说编辑想让他完全保密 |
[30:29] | This guy was helping him polish it | 这个人在帮助他润色 |
[30:31] | and then get it published. | 然后再发行 |
[30:32] | Norman said the guy didn’t want | 诺曼说那人不想让别人 |
[30:33] | anyone seeing it till they were ready. | 在他们完全准备好之前看到它 |
[30:37] | I don’t know, maybe all this is happening now | 我不知道 也许现在发生这一切 |
[30:40] | because they finally were ready. | 是因为他们终于准备好了 |
[30:47] | Guess I’ll check the video golf alibi, | 我去查查那个高尔夫游戏的不在场证明 |
[30:49] | but do we really think that guy’s a killer? | 但我们真觉得这家伙是凶手吗 |
[30:51] | I suspect he’s not, | 我想他不是 |
[30:52] | but that book he mentioned is intriguing. | 但是他提到的这个书很有意思 |
[30:54] | Yeah, that mystery editor sounds exactly like | 对 那个神秘的编辑听起来正像是 |
[30:56] | the kind of paranoid wack job we’re looking for. | 我们要找的偏执怪胎 |
[30:59] | Assuming he’s real and not just a voice | 前提是他是真实的 而不是只存在于 |
[31:01] | in Norman’s head, that is. | 诺曼脑袋里的声音 |
[31:02] | David and his wife might have some idea | 大卫和他的妻子也许能知道 |
[31:04] | if he was working with someone. I’ll go see them. | 他与别人合作的线索 我去他们那里 |
[31:05] | You should go home with a police escort. | 你应该由警察护送回家 |
[31:07] | – What? – She’s right. | -什么 -她说得对 |
[31:09] | Nobody’s saying Norman really was programmed to see the future, | 没人说诺曼真的被设计成能看到未来 |
[31:12] | but until we find out | 但在我们找出 |
[31:13] | whoever’s killing people on his list, | 是谁在杀害他列表上的人之前 |
[31:16] | today’s a bad day for you to be on the street. | 今天你不适合独自上街 |
[31:19] | Fine. It’ll give me a chance to attend to that pile of gold | 好吧 倒是能给我时间整理下 |
[31:21] | we left in the kitchen. | 我们留在厨房的那堆金子 |
[31:27] | I’m still not seeing anything that looks like a manuscript. | 我还是没有看到任何像是手稿的东西 |
[31:29] | Me, neither. | 我也没有 |
[31:30] | I promise I’ll stop asking, | 我保证不会再问 |
[31:31] | but are you sure you can trust this Terry person? | 但你确定你能相信这个叫泰瑞的吗 |
[31:33] | I keep thinking, if Norman wrote a book, | 我一直在思考 如果诺曼写了本书 |
[31:35] | he would have told us. | 他会告诉我们的 |
[31:36] | Maybe, maybe not. | 也许 也许不会 |
[31:46] | I should have thought of that. | 我早该想到的 |
[31:46] | Norman was always telling us to shred our bills. | 诺曼老是告诉我们撕掉账单 |
[31:48] | He worried about identity theft. | 他担心会被盗窃身份 |
[31:52] | Black paper, white ink. | 黑纸 白字 |
[31:54] | Looks like he worried about people reading his book, too. | 看起来他也担心别人会读到他的书 |
[31:56] | – I’m sorry. – No, no, no. | -真抱歉 -不不不 |
[31:58] | It’s okay. I mean, it might not look like much, | 没关系 虽然看起来不算多 |
[32:00] | but it could give us an idea who he was working with. | 但也许能帮我们了解他在和谁合作 |
[32:12] | 20 minutes I’ve been waiting. | 我等了20分钟了 |
[32:14] | It’s impossible to get anyone on the phone | 想让美联储的人接电话 |
[32:16] | at the Federal Reserve. | 真是比上天还难 |
[32:17] | I don’t know why converting bullion to usable currency | 我不明白将金条转成货币 |
[32:20] | has to be so difficult. | 为什么这么困难 |
[32:22] | You know, I think Rumpelstiltskin used to say the same thing. | 我记得德国小矮妖也说过同样的话 |
[32:25] | Mock me all you want. | 随你怎么损我 |
[32:27] | I’m doing this for your golden years. | 我这是为你的退休着想 |
[32:29] | I thought I got it a lot sooner than that. | 我想我可能很快就能退休了 |
[32:32] | You’re due on a slab in the morgue in the next three hours | 你再过三个小时就要躺在停尸房了 |
[32:35] | if Norman Horowitz was right. | 如果诺曼·霍罗威茨没算错的话 |
[32:37] | Well, heaven forbid I draw my last breath listening to Muzak. | 请宽恕我在人生最后一刻听着缪扎克音乐 |
[32:42] | I think this is gonna make you feel better. | 我想这个能让你感受好一些 |
[32:45] | Did Norman list his murderous editor | 诺曼在感谢名单里 |
[32:47] | – in the acknowledgements? – No. | -提起他的杀人编辑了吗 -不 |
[32:48] | This is a page from Chapter One. | 这是第一章里的一页 |
[32:51] | Or at least it used to be. | 或者说曾经是 |
[32:52] | The left side is jagged. | 左边是参差不齐的 |
[32:53] | I think he ripped out the page | 我想他是从书上扯下来的 |
[32:55] | because the Chicago Cubs did not repeat. | 因为芝加哥小熊队没有再夺冠 |
[32:57] | In fact, none of the predictions on this page came true. | 实际上 这页上的预测都没成真 |
[33:00] | Well, that’s great. | 那挺好的 |
[33:02] | But it doesn’t get us any closer to identifying | 但这对我们找出 |
[33:04] | his murderous, book-editing accomplice. | 他嗜血的编辑同伙没有帮助 |
[33:07] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[33:08] | Hey, thought you and Joan would want to know, | 我猜你和乔恩会想知道 |
[33:10] | somebody just pulled a fire alarm at Grand Central Station. | 有人刚刚拉响了中央火车站的火警警报 |
[33:13] | Caused a panic. Everybody ran out of there. | 引起了慌乱 大家都逃离了车站 |
[33:15] | And you thought we’d want to know this because? | 你为什么觉得我们想知道这事 |
[33:17] | Guy who did it, his name’s Greg Haden. | 因为拉警报的人叫格雷戈·哈登 |
[33:19] | He says his boss put him up to it. | 他说是他老板让他干的 |
[33:21] | He works for your buddy, Henry Baskerville. | 而他老板是你的小伙伴亨利·巴斯克维尔 |
[33:26] | My lawyers don’t want me to talk to you, | 我的律师不希望我和你们说话 |
[33:28] | but, you know, I feel you deserve an explanation. | 但我觉得应该给你们个解释 |
[33:31] | Trust that sensation, Henry. | 相信你的直觉 亨利 |
[33:32] | We absolutely deserve to know what you’ve been up to. | 我们确实该知道你在计划什么 |
[33:34] | Did they tell you about Greg Haden? | 他们告诉你格雷戈·哈登的事了吗 |
[33:36] | Your head of security sent Grand Central Station into a panic. | 你的安保队长让纽约中央火车站陷入恐慌 |
[33:39] | He’s in lockup right now. | 他现在被关起来了 |
[33:40] | No, I know, I know. I’m working on it. | 不 我知道 我正在着手解决 |
[33:42] | I mean, they should be throwing him a parade. | 但他们应该给他办个派对犒劳他 |
[33:46] | He nixed a terrorist attack. | 他阻止了一场恐怖袭击 |
[33:48] | Or maybe just postponed it. | 或只是延迟了 |
[33:49] | We don’t really know. | 我们不会知道 |
[33:50] | We have to wait and see if the terrorists want to try again. | 只能等着看恐怖分子是否再次出击了 |
[33:53] | – You lost me. – Well, I sent him over there. | -你在说什么 -我派他去的车站 |
[33:55] | He pulled the alarm. He sent people running | 他拉响火警警报 让人们逃离 |
[33:57] | so they wouldn’t be a bunch of sitting ducks | 这样就不用坐以待毙 |
[33:59] | for psychos with assault rifles. | 等着某个疯子扫射人群了 |
[34:01] | To which psychos are you referring? | 你指的是哪个疯子 |
[34:04] | Well, the book doesn’t really say. | 书里并没有说 |
[34:09] | Here. | 给你们看 |
[34:12] | That’s Norman Horowitz’s book, Visions. | 那是诺曼·霍罗威茨的书《天启》 |
[34:14] | Yeah. You’ve heard of it? | 没错 你们听说过吗 |
[34:18] | Henry, were you helping Norman with this? | 亨利 是你在帮诺曼吗 |
[34:20] | Were you editing this book for him? | 你在帮他编辑这书吗 |
[34:22] | Oh, no, no, I just got this. | 不不 我刚得到 |
[34:24] | Yeah, no, it’s kind of a crazy story. | 这本书的内容挺疯狂的 |
[34:26] | I am, uh… I’m trying to find a publisher just to recoup my costs, | 我正尝试找个出版商 赚回买书的钱 |
[34:28] | but I mostly bought this as a public service. | 但我主要是为了公益才买的 |
[34:31] | You purchased it today? | 你今天买的吗 |
[34:33] | $4 million. I mean, I think I had to. | 四百万 我猜自己别无选择 |
[34:36] | Honestly, I think, uh, Norman’s brother was overwhelmed | 说真的 我觉得诺曼的弟弟对于 |
[34:38] | with the responsibility of having the future | 承担全人类未来的重大责任 |
[34:40] | laid out in front of him. | 有些不知所措 |
[34:41] | Can you change it? Should you change it? | 你能改变吗 你应该改变吗 |
[34:43] | He was thinking of burning this, which… | 他之前想把这个烧了 |
[34:45] | David Horowitz sold that to you? | 大卫·霍罗威茨卖给你的吗 |
[34:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[34:54] | Captain, you need to send a tactical unit | 警监 立即派一支作战小组 |
[34:55] | to David Horowitz’s home immediately. | 去大卫·霍罗威茨家 |
[35:01] | Sometimes when you leave in a hurry, | 有时候走得太急 |
[35:03] | you forget stuff. | 会落下重要东西 |
[35:05] | Well, that ought to slow them down. | 这应该能耽误他们一会儿 |
[35:06] | About time we caught a break. | 是时候我们走回运了 |
[35:08] | We were late. | 我们来迟了 |
[35:09] | David and his wife were gone by the time we got here. | 我们到达时大卫和他妻子已经离开了 |
[35:11] | Closets are empty. | 衣柜全空了 |
[35:13] | Took most of the family photos off the wall, too. | 墙上的家庭照片也基本没了 |
[35:15] | I don’t think they’re planning on coming back. | 我想他们不会回来了 |
[35:17] | How’d you figure these guys out? | 你怎么知道是他们 |
[35:19] | I didn’t. In fact, I helped them sell their load of nonsense. | 不 我其实还帮他们兜售了一堆无稽之谈 |
[35:22] | I don’t know about that. | 我怎么不知道这事 |
[35:24] | Didn’t you just prove Norman Horowitz | 你不是刚证明诺曼·霍罗威茨 |
[35:25] | was no visionary by living out the day? | 不是真正的预言家吗 |
[35:28] | This was never about tricking the public. | 这一切本意就不是为迷惑大众 |
[35:29] | The whole show was for an audience of one man– | 而是为了迷惑一个人 |
[35:31] | Henry Baskerville. | 亨利·巴克斯维尔 |
[35:32] | David sold him a load of magic beans with the help of | 在三起谋杀案和两个愚蠢侦探的帮助下 |
[35:34] | three murders and two unwitting detectives. | 大卫卖给了亨利许多魔法豆 |
[35:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[35:38] | Henry dropped our names in interviews a few years ago. | 几年前亨利在采访中透露了我们的名字 |
[35:41] | When David read about us, | 当大卫得知我们的存在时 |
[35:42] | he knew how he’d sell his brother’s book. | 他便知道该如何卖他哥哥的书了 |
[35:44] | It was the whole reason he came to us in the first place. | 这就是他当初来找我们的原因 |
[35:46] | He knew that we would go straight to Baskerville | 他知道我们会直奔巴克斯维尔 |
[35:47] | and prime the pump for him. | 并为他铺好前进的路 |
[35:50] | We were played for fools by a craven killer. | 我们被一个懦弱的凶手给耍了 |
[36:00] | That’s not a happy face. | 这不太像开心的表情 |
[36:01] | Talked to TSA, New Jersey State Police, | 我联系了运输安全局 新泽西州警 |
[36:04] | Homeland Security, everyone I could think of. | 国土安全局 所有我能想到的人 |
[36:06] | Nothing. | 一无所获 |
[36:07] | It’s been 48 hours. | 已经过去48小时了 |
[36:09] | If the Horowitzes were gonna pop up on the grid, | 如果霍罗威茨还在我们监控范围内 |
[36:11] | I tend to think they would have by now. | 我想他们应该露出行踪了 |
[36:13] | Every agency I talked to is going to the wall. | 所有我问过的机构都碰壁了 |
[36:16] | They know these two are persons of interest in three homicides. | 他们知道这两人是三起凶杀案的嫌疑人 |
[36:19] | Maybe we can add a fourth. | 也许是四起 |
[36:22] | No way to know whether Norman himself | 我们不清楚诺曼 |
[36:24] | got bumped off to get all this rolling. | 是否也是他们计划的一部分 |
[36:26] | I don’t know how much that’ll turn up the heat on the search, | 不知道这个是否能使调查有起色 |
[36:29] | but I’ll give it a shot. | 但我会尝试一下 |
[36:31] | I really thought we caught a break | 我们找到他们的护照时 |
[36:32] | when they forgot their passports. | 我还真以为我们走运了 |
[36:34] | I guess $4 million and a four-hour head start | 我猜四百万美金和四小时时间 |
[36:37] | was enough to get them out of Dodge. | 足够他们逃出我们的视线了 |
[36:40] | Anything from Sherlock or Joan? | 夏洛克和乔恩有消息吗 |
[36:42] | They got nothing. | 也没有 |
[36:43] | She said they’ll be here tomorrow, | 乔恩说他们明天过来 |
[36:44] | ready to get back on the horse. | 准备好重振旗鼓了 |
[36:47] | Good. | 很好 |
[36:48] | Bet he’ll be in a fun mood. | 我猜夏洛克肯定心情不错 |
[36:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:57] | It was the orange highlighter. | 都怪橙色荧光笔 |
[36:59] | It’s always bad luck. | 总会带来坏运气 |
[37:00] | It was sloth and stupidity | 怪我们的懒惰和愚蠢 |
[37:01] | and weakness and lack of imagination. | 还有懦弱 还有缺乏想象力 |
[37:03] | You’re really still blaming yourself? | 你真要怪你自己吗 |
[37:05] | I point the finger at guilty people all the time. | 我总是在指出有罪的人 |
[37:06] | No reason to stop today. | 今天也没理由停止 |
[37:08] | David Horowitz could have gotten | 不管有没有你 大卫·霍罗威茨 |
[37:09] | Baskerville’s attention with or without you. | 都可能引起巴克斯维尔的注意 |
[37:12] | We lent his brother’s prophecies | 我们给他哥哥的预言 |
[37:14] | an air of intrigue, credibility even. | 添加了阴谋的气息 甚至增添了可信性 |
[37:16] | Do you really think that if we hadn’t piqued Henry’s interest, | 你真觉得如果我们没有激起亨利的兴趣 |
[37:18] | he would have written a huge check | 他会开一张那么大额的支票 |
[37:20] | for a book of incoherent ramblings? | 买一本写满无稽之言的书吗 |
[37:22] | They might still turn up. | 他们还是可能会出现的 |
[37:23] | No. They’re gone. We lost. | 不 他们跑了 我们跟丢了 |
[37:33] | Where did this one come from? I’ve not seen this one. | 这张是哪来的 我没见过这张 |
[37:36] | Oh, David and Luz took most of their family photos | 大卫和小卢跑路时把家里大部分照片 |
[37:38] | when they ran, so Marcus had the guys | 都带走了 马库斯让人 |
[37:40] | grabbing every picture that was left. | 收集了剩下的其他照片 |
[37:42] | For BOLOs, things like that. | 以便留意之类的 |
[37:43] | I took a copy of everything home, | 我把所有都复印了一份回来 |
[37:45] | just in case they turned up and we had to build a case. | 以防他们出现 我们得立案什么的 |
[37:48] | Norman Horowitz was no visionary. | 诺曼·霍罗威茨不是先知 |
[37:50] | He didn’t have a clue about the future. | 他对未来根本一无所知 |
[37:52] | But you, Watson, you’re very prescient. | 但你 华生 你非常有预见性 |
[37:57] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[37:59] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in court. | 你说的任何话都可能在法庭上对你不利 |
[38:03] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[38:04] | If you can’t afford one, one will be appointed to you. | 如果你无法负担 我们将为你指派一位 |
[38:06] | They said you told them where to find us. | 他们说是你告诉他们去哪找我们的 |
[38:08] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[38:10] | How did you know where we were? | 你怎么知道我们在哪的 |
[38:12] | It came to me in a vision. | 我预见到的 |
[38:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[38:21] | That was a cute line back there, | 刚才那句台词不错 |
[38:22] | but you gotta tell me– | 但你得告诉我 |
[38:24] | how the hell did you know to search the hold of that boat? | 你到底怎么知道要搜索那艘船的货舱的 |
[38:26] | Actually, it really did come to me in a flash. | 其实真是一闪而过的念头 |
[38:28] | It was a picture that David left behind | 是大卫留下的一张照片 |
[38:30] | of him and his brother standing | 他和他哥哥 |
[38:31] | in front of a borrachero tree. | 站在一棵伯拉切罗树前 |
[38:33] | Beautiful plant with trumpet-shaped flowers. | 这种树挺漂亮 花是喇叭形的 |
[38:35] | Now, the borrachero only grows | 而伯拉切罗树只生长在 |
[38:38] | in a narrow band in Colombia and Venezuela. | 哥伦比亚和委内瑞拉一片很窄的区域 |
[38:41] | It’s highly illegal everywhere else | 在其他地方都是严重违法的 |
[38:42] | because its seeds are used to make scopolamine. | 因为它的种子会被用于制作莨菪碱 |
[38:45] | Hideous drug. | 一种很可怕的毒药 |
[38:47] | I read about this, they call it Devil’s Breath, right? | 我读过相关信息 叫恶魔之息 对吧 |
[38:49] | Blown into its victim’s face or sprinkled in their drink, | 吹到受害者脸上 或是洒在他们的饮料中 |
[38:53] | it is harder to trace and more powerful than Rohypnol. | 比洛喜普诺更强效 也更难追踪 |
[38:56] | Victims are rendered highly susceptible to suggestion. | 受害者将极易被各种建议洗脑 |
[39:00] | That’s how he did it. | 这就是他的作案手段 |
[39:02] | Now, the victims display few outward signs, | 受害者很少表现出外在迹象 |
[39:04] | but their central cortex is basically hijacked. | 但他们的脑皮层基本是被劫持了 |
[39:07] | In essence, they lose their free will. | 本质上来说 他们失去了自主意识 |
[39:10] | You can convince them to do anything. | 你可以说服他们做任何事 |
[39:13] | Even jump off a bloody building. | 甚至是从一栋该死的楼上跳下去 |
[39:15] | Now, the presence of the borrachero | 伯拉切罗树的存在 |
[39:17] | also suggested something else. | 还说明了一些其他事 |
[39:19] | An answer to the question of why | 能解答他们为何决定 |
[39:20] | they decided to leave without their passports. | 不带护照就逃跑 |
[39:23] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[39:24] | The tree is native to Colombia | 这种树是哥伦比亚的特产 |
[39:26] | and highly illegal in the States. | 在美国是严重违法的 |
[39:27] | Its presence in a Flushing backyard | 它出现在一家人的后院里 |
[39:29] | led me to question its origin. | 让我开始怀疑它的来源 |
[39:31] | Luz, the wife– she’s from Colombia. | 那个妻子小卢 她是哥伦比亚人 |
[39:35] | That’s where I started. | 那就是我的切入点 |
[39:35] | Took a closer look at her. | 我仔细查了查她 |
[39:36] | Turns out her brother is a crooked import-exporter. | 发现她哥哥是个不正当的进出口商 |
[39:40] | That’s his boat. | 那是他的船 |
[39:42] | It’s due to leave for Bogotá in two days’ time. | 两天后就将出港去波哥大 |
[39:45] | They were going to wait it out, and then just float away. | 他们将等它出港 然后就此逃匿 |
[39:48] | You don’t need a passport to be a stowaway. | 偷渡可不需要护照 |
[39:50] | They had $4 million to craft a new life in Bogotá, | 他们有四百万美金 能在波哥大创造新的人生 |
[39:53] | so why not start with new identities? | 那么何不从新的身份开始呢 |
[39:56] | I guess they’ll get a chance to do that anyway. | 我觉得他们不管怎样都会有新名字 |
[39:59] | Everybody gets a cool nickname in prison. | 每个人进了监狱都会有个很酷的昵称 |
[40:17] | My last will and testament, revised. | 我的临终遗嘱 修订版 |
[40:20] | This one’s a lot lighter. | 这份轻多了 |
[40:22] | My estate. | 我的遗产 |
[40:23] | You’ll be inheriting a lot less of it. | 你将继承的东西会少很多 |
[40:25] | You’ll still get the house, of course, and my brain. | 当然 你还是能继承房子 还有我的大脑 |
[40:29] | There’s always that. | 这倒是没变 |
[40:31] | Hope you’re not offended. | 希望没有冒犯到你 |
[40:34] | It’s your money. You can do what you want with it. | 钱是你的 你想怎么处理都行 |
[40:36] | Well, that’s just it, you see. | 这正是重点 明白吗 |
[40:38] | I never wanted any part of it. | 这些我从来都不想要 |
[40:39] | Everything my father had seemed ill-gotten, | 我父亲拥有的一切看起来都是非法的 |
[40:42] | dirty, so I turned my back on it. | 是肮脏的 所以我之前一直嗤之以鼻 |
[40:44] | But then, yesterday, seeing all that gold, | 但后来 昨天 看到那些金子 |
[40:48] | I realized how untenable that position is. | 我意识到那有多站不住脚 |
[40:51] | It would just sit in an account, | 它们就待在账户里 |
[40:53] | waiting to be transferred to you when I died, | 等我死后转到你名下 |
[40:56] | and then again sitting there waiting for you to die. | 然后再等到你去世 |
[41:01] | Gave it all away. | 我把它们都捐了 |
[41:04] | To who? | 捐给谁了 |
[41:06] | Charities. | 慈善机构 |
[41:08] | I borrowed quite liberally from your holiday giving list. | 我充分地借用了你的节日送礼清单 |
[41:13] | I’m proud of you. | 我很为你骄傲 |
[41:15] | I think you’ll be pleased with a new venture | 我觉得你会高兴 我们有新业务了 |
[41:16] | we’re funding for the NYPD. | 我们要资助纽约警局 |
[41:18] | Gun buy-back programs have reduced | 枪支回购项目 |
[41:20] | the number of firearms fatalities | 在试运行的地方 |
[41:22] | everywhere they’ve been attempted. | 都减少了因枪支而死亡的人数 |
[41:23] | I thought it fitting to make that donation in your name. | 我觉得用你的名字来捐助挺合适的 |
[41:27] | We’re buying a few thousand guns? | 我们要买几千把枪吗 |
[41:29] | With any luck, enough New Yorkers | 运气好的话 会有足够的纽约客 |
[41:30] | will decide to sell back their weapons | 将决定回售他们的武器 |
[41:32] | that we’ll be a little less busy in years to come. | 这样我们接下来几年都能轻松不少 |
[41:36] | Perhaps you’ll be able to relax in your dotage. | 也许等你老糊涂的时候就能休息了 |
[41:43] | There’s your inheritance, Watson. | 这就是你要继承的东西 华生 |