时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | These photos… | 这些照片 |
[00:02] | They’re of a sensitive nature. | 性质比较特殊 |
[00:04] | If they prove you’re innocent, | 如果照片证明你是清白的 |
[00:05] | I’m pretty sure we’re done with you. | 我很肯定我们不会再找你 |
[00:07] | That’s what you were doing the night Azuma was killed? | 安藤东遇害当晚你在干这个 |
[00:10] | It relieves stress. | 这能释放压力 |
[00:12] | Detective Marcus Bell? | 马库斯・贝尔警探 |
[00:13] | Deputy Strider Lincoln, U.S. Marshals Service. | 执行警官斯崔德・林肯 美国法警署的 |
[00:15] | My bosses hear good things about you. | 我的上司听说了很多关于你的好事 |
[00:17] | They’d like you to consider putting in an application. | 他们希望你能考虑提交一份申请 |
[00:19] | But if you decide to see this thing through, | 但如果你想去做 |
[00:20] | I’d be so proud of you. | 我会非常为你骄傲 |
[00:22] | I put in my application to the Marshals Service. | 我会申请加入法警署 |
[00:24] | I report to training at Glynco in six months. | 我会在六个月内去格林科进行培训 |
[00:28] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[00:34] | I understand that, but… | 我明白 但是… |
[00:37] | Like I said before, it has to be a mistake. | 如我之前所说 这肯定有问题 |
[00:42] | Well, I-I can’t, because it’s the only time | 我不能 因为我是现在 |
[00:43] | you’re offering it right now, and I’m in a real crunch. | 才听你们提起 而我现在处于关键阶段 |
[00:48] | Well, what time does she get in? | 她什么时候来 |
[00:50] | Okay, I will. | 好的 我会的 |
[00:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:54] | That didn’t sound good. | 听起来不太好 |
[00:55] | It wasn’t. Turns out finishing my master’s in time | 是的 看来想及时完成我的硕士学业 |
[00:58] | to apply for the Marshals this next cycle– | 好进行下一轮的法警署申请 |
[01:00] | easier said than done. | 说起来容易 做起来难 |
[01:02] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[01:03] | I thought you took some of the courses you already need. | 我以为你已经上过一些需要的课程了 |
[01:05] | Don’t those count? | 那些不算吗 |
[01:06] | They do, and the school gave me a ton of credits | 算 而且学校给了我很多学分 |
[01:08] | for applicable work experience, | 因为我匹配的工作经验 |
[01:10] | but that still leaves a lot of classes. | 但还是有很多课要上 |
[01:11] | And getting them done in time | 可按时上课 |
[01:13] | while working a full load here– | 同时还要全职在这里工作 |
[01:15] | it’s like solving a logic puzzle. | 就像在解一个逻辑难题 |
[01:17] | Anyway, I still need a few more credits in Criminal Statistics, | 总之 我的犯罪数据统计还需要更多学分 |
[01:20] | and there’s only one class | 而这学期只有 |
[01:21] | that fits the bill this semester. | 一门课符合要求 |
[01:23] | And you didn’t get in. | 而你没进去 |
[01:24] | I registered for it, | 我登记了 |
[01:25] | but I was told it was already full. | 但我被告知 人满了 |
[01:27] | Then I found out that a buddy of mine | 然后我发现 一个我的朋友 |
[01:29] | who registered after me got in. | 在我之后登记的 进去了 |
[01:32] | So the school messed up. They should be able to fix that. | 所以学校搞砸了 他们应该能解决这个问题 |
[01:35] | We’ll see. I’m gonna head down there tomorrow, | 等着看吧 我明天过去一趟 |
[01:37] | talk to someone who might be able to help. | 跟能帮上忙的人聊聊 |
[01:38] | Well, with all of your “applicable work experience” | 你有”匹配的工作经验” |
[01:41] | I’m sure you’ll figure it out. | 我相信你能解决问题 |
[01:43] | Did you get this from Sherlock, too? | 你收到的也是夏洛克的短信吗 |
[01:44] | He’s inviting us to a crime scene in Queens. | 他请我们去皇后区的一个犯罪现场 |
[01:47] | Gotta say, I’m kind of used to being the one | 必须说 我有点习惯了当那个 |
[01:50] | who does the inviting. | 发邀请的人 |
[01:51] | Guess I’m old-fashioned that way. | 我想我这方面是有些守旧 |
[02:01] | Heard some interesting chatter on my police scanner. | 我在我的警方广播里听到了一段有趣的对话 |
[02:03] | Thought I’d pop by. | 觉得我该过来看看 |
[02:05] | The victim is one Bruce Deramore. | 被害人是布鲁斯・德拉莫尔 |
[02:08] | Lived alone. | 独居 |
[02:09] | Died of a single gunshot to the chest. | 死于胸前的一处枪击 |
[02:11] | Cleaning lady found him. She’s being interviewed outside. | 清洁工人发现的他 她正在外边接受问话 |
[02:14] | Anyone else see or hear anything? | 有别人看到或听到什么吗 |
[02:16] | Anyone? No. | 别人 没有 |
[02:18] | You’re being unusually cryptic, even for you. | 哪怕是你 这样也过于神秘了 |
[02:21] | And you still haven’t said | 而且你到现在还没说 |
[02:22] | what was so interesting about the chatter. | 那段对话哪里有趣了 |
[02:24] | I saw there was no forced entry. | 我看了 这里没有强行闯入的痕迹 |
[02:26] | The killer left behind all this expensive gear. | 凶手没动这些昂贵的东西 |
[02:29] | So, sure, this was probably personal, | 所以当然 这大概是私人恩怨 |
[02:30] | but that alone wouldn’t rise to the level | 但仅是如此 不会让你 |
[02:33] | of you being interested in this guy. | 对这个人如此感兴趣 |
[02:34] | Well, as it happens, he isn’t what interested me. | 实际上 让我感兴趣的不是他 |
[02:38] | She is. | 而是她 |
[02:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:43] | May I introduce Skyler. | 请让我介绍下斯凯勒 |
[02:49] | A sex doll? | 一个性爱玩偶 |
[02:50] | The chatter that I spoke about– | 我听到的聊天内容 |
[02:52] | it was a CSU tech radioing for assistance | 是鉴证组的人通过无线电请人帮忙 |
[02:54] | lifting fingerprints off silicone. | 从硅上采集一些指纹 |
[02:56] | I recognized the description of the doll that followed. | 然后我意识到他描述的是个玩偶 |
[02:59] | Man, I’m all for doing whatever you want | 伙计 我完全支持”在自己家 |
[03:02] | in the privacy of your own home, | 想干什么干什么”的言论 |
[03:03] | but that is unsettling. | 但这个太让人不安了 |
[03:06] | You’re referring to the uncanny valley. | 你这种情况叫恐怖谷理论 |
[03:08] | It’s the discomfort one feels | 也就是一个人 |
[03:09] | when an inanimate object ventures too close | 因为另一个过于像真人的无生命物体 |
[03:11] | to seeming real. | 而感到不适 |
[03:12] | She is a Perfect Mate Robotics Mode 10. | 她是一个完美伴侣机器人10号 |
[03:15] | A ten, naturally. | 10号 自然的 |
[03:16] | Yeah, just the thing if you’re up | 如果你打算和机器装置谈恋爱 |
[03:18] | for having a relationship with an appliance. | 这就是你会找的型号 |
[03:21] | Sex toys sell to the tune of $15 billion a year, | 一年里性爱玩偶能卖出150亿美金 |
[03:24] | so, clearly, many people are. | 所以显然 很多人是如此 |
[03:26] | But the point is, Perfect Mate 10s | 但重点是 完美伴侣10号 |
[03:28] | are not your run-of-the-mill sex-bots. | 不是那种普通的性爱玩偶 |
[03:30] | They are programmed to deliver more of a girlfriend experience. | 程序代码让她们能表现出女朋友的感觉 |
[03:33] | They’re capable of remembering your likes, | 她们能记住你喜欢什么 |
[03:35] | your dislikes, details of your conversations– | 你不喜欢什么 你们对话的细节 |
[03:37] | all so as to simulate a sense of relationship. | 这些都用来模拟出一种恋爱的感觉 |
[03:40] | Unlike many romantic partners, | 和很多恋爱伴侣不同 |
[03:42] | they actually listen. | 它们真的会倾听 |
[03:43] | And because they listen… | 而因为它们会倾听… |
[03:45] | This sex doll could be a witness to the murder. | 这个性爱玩偶可能就成了目击证人 |
[03:56] | Thanks for taking the time to meet with us, Mr. Lubbock. | 谢谢你抽时间见我们 拉博克先生 |
[03:59] | Dude, please. I can’t tell you how bummed we all were | 伙计 拜托 我无法表达 |
[04:02] | when we heard about Bruce. | 布鲁斯遇害我们有多难过 |
[04:03] | I expect getting his chest blown open | 我想被人用枪打烂的胸膛 |
[04:05] | harshed Mr. Deramore’s mellow as well. | 让德拉莫尔先生也很伤心 |
[04:09] | When we first saw the doll at his apartment, | 起初看到他公寓里的玩偶时 |
[04:11] | we assumed that he was just a customer, | 我们以为他只是一位顾客 |
[04:13] | but then we found pay stubs that helped us realize | 但我们发现了工资条 才知道 |
[04:16] | that he worked here at Perfect Mate Robotics. | 他在完美伴侣机器人公司工作 |
[04:18] | Uh, he led the 3-D printing team for the last year. | 他去年一直领导着3D打印团队 |
[04:21] | Helped design the doll’s faces. | 帮忙设计玩偶的脸 |
[04:23] | Did he get along with everyone here, as far as you know? | 据你所知 他跟这里的人处得好吗 |
[04:26] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[04:27] | The culture here is très chill. | 我们的企业文化很棒 |
[04:28] | And is it typical for your employees | 你的员工经常 |
[04:30] | to take their work home with them? | 把他们的作品带回家吗 |
[04:31] | I hope it’s typical. | 我希望他们带回去 |
[04:33] | At a retail price of 15 grand | 零售价一万五千美元 |
[04:35] | and a six-month waiting list, | 还要排队六个月 |
[04:37] | prime access to a Mode is one of our best perks. | 最先得到原型玩偶是我们最好的福利之一 |
[04:40] | Plus, it’s a great way to get to know the dolls. | 再说这是了解玩偶的好方法 |
[04:42] | People pay $15,000 for them? | 人们会花一万五买这些玩偶 |
[04:44] | You have to remember, | 你要记住 |
[04:46] | it’s not about sex. | 这不是关于性 |
[04:48] | No? | 是吗 |
[04:49] | Not at the heart of it. | 核心不是关于性 |
[04:50] | People are lonely. | 人们很寂寞 |
[04:52] | Men and women. | 男人和女人都是 |
[04:53] | And yes, we make male dolls, too. | 没错 我们也做男性玩偶 |
[04:56] | Our dolls offer companionship. | 我们的玩偶提供陪伴 |
[04:58] | A Perfect Mate 10 will never get distracted, | 完美伴侣10号永远不会分心 |
[05:03] | never gets bored. | 永远不会无聊 |
[05:04] | Connect her to the Web, | 把她连上网 |
[05:05] | and she can discuss intelligently | 她就可以智能地跟你讨论 |
[05:07] | anything you want to talk about. | 你想聊的任何东西 |
[05:08] | Sports, music, your favorite tacos. | 运动 音乐 你最爱的炸玉米饼 |
[05:12] | Honestly, for people who have trouble making connections, | 说实话 对那些无法与人交往的人来说 |
[05:16] | our dolls are a godsend. | 我们的玩偶是天赐的礼物 |
[05:19] | You’re clearly doing God’s work. | 你显然是在做上帝的工作 |
[05:22] | I think I am. | 我觉得是的 |
[05:23] | Well, then we’ll appeal to your better angels. | 那我们要找你更好的天使们 |
[05:26] | We believe that Bruce Deramore’s doll, Skyler, | 我们认为布鲁斯・德拉莫尔被谋杀时 |
[05:29] | was in the room with him when he was murdered. | 他的玩偶斯凯勒也在房间里 |
[05:32] | Now, given her capabilities, it’s possible she’s stored | 根据她的功能 也许她保存了 |
[05:34] | some salient detail that might help us solve the murder. | 一些能帮我们破案的关键细节 |
[05:37] | The NYPD computer experts have tried to access her memory, | 纽约警方的计算机专家想进入她的内存 |
[05:40] | but they’ve been shut out. | 但他们没能进去 |
[05:42] | All Modes have encrypted storage | 所有原型玩偶都有加密的内存 |
[05:44] | and, in general, can only be activated by their owners. | 通常只有它们的主人能激活 |
[05:47] | But I can bypass it. | 但我可以绕开它 |
[05:50] | I’ll get you in. | 我会让你们进去的 |
[05:51] | So, once we’re in, you will be able to tell us what’s in her memory? | 进去之后你能告诉我们里面有什么吗 |
[05:55] | Better than that. | 比那更棒 |
[05:56] | You can ask her yourself. | 你们可以自己问她 |
[06:01] | So, what I’m planning to do– in non-tech terms– | 我要做的 不用技术术语来说 |
[06:04] | is trick Skyler into thinking whoever she hears next is Bruce. | 就是要骗斯凯勒认为她听到的是布鲁斯 |
[06:11] | That’ll let you access the files | 然后让你们接触到 |
[06:13] | on her relationship with him | 他们之间关系的档案 |
[06:16] | and continue their conversation, so to speak. | 然后继续他们的对话 就是这样 |
[06:20] | When I give you the cue, just say, “Hello, Skyler”” | 我给信号时你就说”你好 斯凯勒” |
[06:24] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[06:31] | Hello, Skyler. | 你好 斯凯勒 |
[06:35] | Hello, Bruce. | 你好 布鲁斯 |
[06:38] | How are you today? | 你今天好吗 |
[06:39] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[06:41] | You? | 你呢 |
[06:42] | I’m well, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[06:45] | Would you like to fool around? | 你想玩玩吗 |
[06:48] | I’ll take a rain check. | 下次再说吧[我想查查下雨情况] |
[06:50] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:51] | I’m not able to check if it’s raining right now. | 我无法查看现在是否在下雨 |
[06:54] | Would you like to talk about something else? | 你想聊点别的吗 |
[06:57] | Yeah. Skyler, have you ever met any of my friends? | 好 斯凯勒 你见过我的任何朋友吗 |
[07:02] | You can share me with your friends. | 你可以跟你的朋友们分享我 |
[07:05] | I want to make you happy. | 我想让你开心 |
[07:08] | No, I mean… | 不 我是说… |
[07:10] | did anyone come to the apartment yesterday? | 昨天有人来家里了吗 |
[07:13] | Did you hear me say anyone’s name? | 你听到我叫别人的名字了吗 |
[07:18] | Uh, that’s probably just too complicated a question, um, for her. | 这个问题对她来说可能太复杂了 |
[07:23] | Try something simpler. | 试着问点简单的 |
[07:26] | Skyler, can you remember any words I said yesterday? | 斯凯勒 你能记得我昨天说的话吗 |
[07:30] | I can look up the words to “Yesterday.” | 我可以查一下”昨天”这个词 |
[07:33] | I like that song. It puts me in the mood. | 我喜欢那首歌 会让我有感觉 |
[07:36] | It’s like a horny Alexa. | 它就像饥渴版的亚莉克莎 |
[07:37] | Yeah. You can shut her down. | 对 你可以把她关掉了 |
[07:39] | This isn’t working. | 这没什么用 |
[07:43] | Maybe you can just give us | 也许你可以直接给我们 |
[07:45] | a download of everything in her memory, | 她内存里的所有东西 |
[07:46] | we can go through it the old-fashioned way? | 我们用老式方法去查 |
[07:48] | Sorry. I guess the AI wasn’t as ready | 抱歉 看来这个人工智能 |
[07:50] | for a police interview as I’d hoped. | 不像我希望的那样能参加警察审讯 |
[07:53] | I thought it would be more helpful. | 我以为它能更有帮助的 |
[07:55] | Don’t be so sure it wasn’t. | 别这么肯定它没帮上忙 |
[07:57] | I’ve noticed something. | 我注意到一些东西 |
[07:58] | Skyler’s features are less idealized than the other dolls | 斯凯勒的容貌不像你们的其他玩偶 |
[08:01] | in your catalog. | 那么理想化 |
[08:02] | Her features aren’t as exaggerated. | 她的容貌没有那么夸张 |
[08:03] | They’re not as symmetrical. | 也不是非常对称 |
[08:05] | These dolls are customizable, right? | 这些玩偶是订制的 对吧 |
[08:07] | Maybe Bruce wanted Skyler to look a little more normal? | 也许布鲁斯想让斯凯勒看起来更普通 |
[08:10] | By making one ear higher than the other? | 让一只耳朵比另一只耳朵高吗 |
[08:12] | You said that Bruce helped create the dolls’ faces. | 你说布鲁斯帮忙创造了玩偶的脸 |
[08:15] | Is it possible that he modeled Skyler after a real woman? | 他有没有可能照着真人做了斯凯勒 |
[08:17] | No way. No, first of all, this wasn’t a custom job. | 不可能 首先 这不是订制品 |
[08:21] | The Skyler is one of our biggest sellers. | 斯凯勒是我们卖的最好的产品之一 |
[08:23] | But either way, we would never base a doll on a real person | 无论如何 我们都不会未经允许 |
[08:26] | without their consent. | 就按照真人去做玩偶 |
[08:28] | Maybe Bruce broke the rules and didn’t tell anyone. | 也许布鲁斯偷偷破坏了规矩 |
[08:30] | Skyler’s inspiration might not have been too happy | 斯凯勒的原型也许不是很高兴 |
[08:33] | about being made into a sex doll. | 自己被做成性爱玩偶 |
[08:35] | Maybe she got even by killing him. | 也许她为了报复杀了他 |
[08:40] | That’s from our trip to Nantucket. | 那是我们去楠塔基特岛时拍的 |
[08:43] | I took Bruce to meet my parents. | 我带布鲁斯去见了我的父母 |
[08:47] | He’s dead? | 他死了吗 |
[08:48] | Our condolences. | 节哀顺变 |
[08:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:52] | But we broke up almost a year ago. | 但我们大约一年前就分手了 |
[08:57] | Where did you get that? | 你们从哪找到这张照片的 |
[08:59] | We found it on one of Bruce’s social media accounts. | 我们在他的一个社交网络账户找到的 |
[09:02] | He had tagged you in one of the photos. | 他在其中一张照片里圈了你 |
[09:04] | And you recognized me because you saw the doll at his place? | 而你们因为他家的玩偶认出了我 |
[09:07] | It’s our understanding that he paid you | 我们认为他未经你的允许 |
[09:09] | that tribute without your consent. | 就这样向你致敬了 |
[09:11] | A friend of mine saw it online and told me. | 我朋友在网上看到并告诉我了 |
[09:14] | I was mortified. | 我很羞愧 |
[09:16] | I mean, I teach at a Catholic school. | 我在一个天主教学校教书 |
[09:17] | If anyone here found out… | 如果被人发现了… |
[09:20] | It’s beyond a violation. | 这已经不是简单的侵犯 |
[09:22] | It’s like revenge porn in 3-D. | 这就像是3D的报复色情片 |
[09:26] | It’s gross. | 很恶心 |
[09:26] | So, what he did was deplorable, | 他做的这些让人愤慨 |
[09:28] | and it would be understandable if your reaction was extreme. | 如果你有极端反应也可以理解 |
[09:32] | You think I killed him? | 你们觉得我杀了他 |
[09:34] | We showed that photo to Bruce’s neighbors. | 我们让布鲁斯的邻居看了照片 |
[09:36] | One of them remembered seeing the two of you | 有个人记得看到你们两个 |
[09:38] | arguing outside his building two days ago. | 两天前在他家外面争吵 |
[09:40] | I went there to tell him | 我去那里是为了跟他说 |
[09:42] | to get his boss to stop making those dolls. | 让他的老板停止生产那些玩偶 |
[09:45] | He acted like I was the crazy one. | 他表现得好像我才是疯子 |
[09:47] | Said I should be flattered. | 说我应该受宠若惊 |
[09:49] | Could you tell us where you were yesterday | 你能告诉我们你昨天下午 |
[09:50] | between 2:00 and 4:00 P.M.? | 两点到四点之间在哪吗 |
[09:53] | Is that when he was killed? | 他就是那时被杀的吗 |
[09:55] | I was at my lawyer’s then. | 我当时在我的律师那里 |
[09:57] | We’re filing an injunction against Perfect Mate | 我们在填一份针对完美伴侣的禁令 |
[09:59] | to stop production of the dolls. | 让他们停止生产玩偶 |
[10:03] | Call her yourself. | 你们给她打电话吧 |
[10:06] | Look, I’ll admit it, | 听着 我承认 |
[10:08] | I was furious at Bruce for what he did, | 我对布鲁斯的所作所为很气愤 |
[10:10] | but killing him wouldn’t get those dolls recalled. | 但杀了他也无法召回那些玩偶 |
[10:13] | Hopefully, suing will. | 希望诉讼可以 |
[10:15] | We’ll talk to your lawyer. | 我们会跟你的律师谈的 |
[10:16] | In the meantime, do you remember seeing anything | 与此同时 你记不记得在布鲁斯家 |
[10:18] | or anyone at Bruce’s apartment that stood out? | 看到过什么引人注意的东西 |
[10:22] | Actually, there was something. | 其实 确实有些事 |
[10:24] | I didn’t think he was dating anyone, | 我觉得他没有在跟人约会 |
[10:26] | but when I was at his place, | 但我在他家时 |
[10:29] | I saw a printout on the table. | 我在桌上看到一张打印出的纸 |
[10:31] | It was a confirmation for the Priora Hotel, | 是普廖拉酒店的确认回执 |
[10:34] | for a check-in yesterday. | 昨天入住 |
[10:36] | I noticed it because the Priora is in Midtown, | 我注意到它是因为普廖拉在市中心 |
[10:39] | and Bruce already lives in the city. | 而布鲁斯本身就住在城里 |
[10:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:43] | Maybe it was for a rendezvous or something. | 也许是为了约会之类的 |
[10:46] | Thanks. We’ll let you know if we need anything else. | 多谢 有需要的话我们会跟你联系 |
[10:55] | Could be she’s right. | 也许她说得对 |
[10:57] | I could definitely see him not wanting | 我完全能想象他不想 |
[10:58] | to bring a woman back to his apartment to meet Skyler. | 把女人带回家看到斯凯勒 |
[11:01] | Either way, his reservation | 不管怎样 他订的酒店 |
[11:02] | was for the same day as his murder, | 跟他被谋杀是同一天 |
[11:04] | so at the very least, I’d like to know what– | 所以至少我想知道 |
[11:06] | or whom– he was doing there. | 他在那里做了什么 或者谁 |
[11:13] | Professor Baynes? | 贝恩斯教授 |
[11:14] | I’m Marcus Bell. | 我是马库斯・贝尔 |
[11:15] | Could I have a minute of your time? | 我能跟你说两句话吗 |
[11:17] | What can I do for you, Mr. Bell? | 我能为你做些什么 贝尔先生 |
[11:19] | I just came from the registrar’s office. | 我刚从注册员的办公室过来 |
[11:21] | I’ve been trying to figure out why | 我想知道为什么 |
[11:22] | I got turned away from your class. | 我没能选上你的课 |
[11:24] | Thought it might have been a computer glitch or something. | 我以为可能是计算机出错了 |
[11:26] | But according to the people there, it wasn’t an error. | 但那里的人告诉我 这不是失误 |
[11:29] | They said you saw my name | 他们说你看到了我的名字 |
[11:31] | and you turned me away, personally. | 然后你亲自把我删掉了 |
[11:33] | I did. The registrar never lies, you know. | 是的 注册员从不说谎 你知道的 |
[11:37] | Do we know each other? | 我们认识吗 |
[11:39] | Did I do something to you that I’m forgetting? | 我对你做过什么我不记得的事吗 |
[11:41] | Because you kind of have me over a barrel here. | 因为你这样让我遇到了一些麻烦 |
[11:44] | I really need this class. | 我真的需要这门课 |
[11:46] | If there’s something I need to make right between us, | 如果我需要做些什么去弥补我们的关系 |
[11:49] | I’ll do my best, | 我会尽力的 |
[11:50] | but I need to know what it is first. | 但我得先知道是为什么 |
[11:53] | Answer to your question: No, we have never met before. | 回答你的问题 不 我们没见过 |
[11:57] | But I saw your transcript and your résumé | 但在你申请这门课的时候 |
[11:59] | when you applied for the class. | 我看到了你的成绩单和简历 |
[12:01] | And as it turns out, | 原来 |
[12:02] | I have some preexisting familiarity | 我和重案组有些过节 |
[12:05] | with the Major Case squad, where you work. | 也就是你供职的地方 |
[12:10] | The thing you need to understand | 你需要明白的是 |
[12:11] | is this is not about you. | 这与你无关 |
[12:13] | It’s about the company you keep. | 而是关于你的同伴 |
[12:33] | Evan Kowalski. | 伊凡・科瓦尔斯基 |
[12:35] | Joan Watson. | 乔恩・华生 |
[12:36] | This is Sherlock Holmes. | 这位是夏洛克・福尔摩斯 |
[12:38] | We work with the police. | 我们和警方共事 |
[12:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:41] | We understand from the convention staff | 我们从会议工作人员那儿了解到 |
[12:43] | that you spoke on a panel yesterday, | 你昨天在一个讨论组发表讲话 |
[12:45] | “The Real Science of Sci-Fi,” | 主题是 科幻中的真实科学 |
[12:47] | and that during that panel | 而在你的讲话过程中 |
[12:48] | you were accosted by a man named Bruce Deramore. | 你和一名叫布鲁斯・德拉莫尔的男人搭话了 |
[12:51] | Well, the guy didn’t tell me his name, | 那家伙没有告诉我他的名字 |
[12:52] | but yeah, he jumped out of the audience | 但是没错 他在我的幻灯片放映途中 |
[12:54] | in the middle of my slide show, | 从观众席跳出来 |
[12:55] | messed the whole thing up. | 搞砸了一切 |
[12:56] | You didn’t know him before then? | 在那之前你不认识他 |
[12:57] | – No. – Could you tell us where you were yesterday | -不认识 -你能告诉我们昨天下午 |
[12:59] | between 2:00 and 4:00 p.M.? | 两点到四点之间你在哪里吗 |
[13:02] | I was here, speaking on another panel. Why? | 我就在这里 在另一个讨论组演讲 怎么了 |
[13:05] | Because that’s when Bruce Deramore was murdered. | 因为那正是布鲁斯・德拉莫尔被谋杀的时候 |
[13:08] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[13:11] | Those plans were real. | 那些计划是真的 |
[13:12] | This proves it. | 这证明了这一点 |
[13:13] | They must have killed him over them. | 他们肯定因此杀了他 |
[13:15] | Okay, let’s start at the beginning. | 好吧 我们从头说起 |
[13:17] | What plans? | 什么计划 |
[13:18] | And who are “they”? | 还有 “他们”是谁 |
[13:20] | Yesterday, when I was doing my part of the panel, | 昨天 在我进行我的演讲时 |
[13:22] | the guy you were asking me about | 你们问到的这个人 |
[13:23] | ran to the front of the room and started yelling at me: | 跑到房间前面然后开始对我大喊 |
[13:26] | “How did you get these plans? | “你是怎么拿到这些计划的” |
[13:27] | “Who gave them to you? | “是谁把它们给你的” |
[13:28] | Nobody was supposed to see them.” | “没有人应该看到它们” |
[13:29] | I call for security. | 我叫来了保安 |
[13:30] | He just grabbed a bunch of my papers, | 他抢走了一堆我的文件 |
[13:32] | and he ran off. | 然后就逃跑了 |
[13:33] | Have you any idea why your presentation | 你知道你的演讲为何 |
[13:35] | upset him so much? | 令他如此不满吗 |
[13:36] | Well, I was talking about a | 我讲的是 |
[13:37] | top-secret government project. | 政府的绝密项目 |
[13:40] | It’s new tech that they’re trying to keep under wraps. | 是种他们试图保密的新技术 |
[13:42] | Maybe this guy Deramore was involved with it somehow. | 也许这个叫德拉莫尔的人也牵涉其中 |
[13:45] | I was talking about it. Maybe I spooked him. | 我当时在讲这个计划 也许吓到了他 |
[13:48] | But he was acting like he was afraid for his life. | 但他表现得好像自己的生命受到了威胁 |
[13:51] | So you think that your presentation | 所以你觉得你的演讲 |
[13:52] | was of such a highly classified nature | 具有某种高级机密的性质 |
[13:54] | that someone found it worth killing over. | 以至于有人认为值得为之杀人 |
[13:57] | Which topic do you think was so sensitive? | 哪个话题让你觉得如此敏感 |
[13:59] | Was it food replicators, tractor beams or warp drives? | 是食品复制机 牵引光束 还是曲速推进 |
[14:03] | No, that stuff is all fantasy. | 都不是 那些东西都是想象出来的 |
[14:06] | The tech I was talking about is real. | 而我说的技术是真实存在的 |
[14:09] | It’s being developed right now. | 它现在正在被开发 |
[14:11] | It’s gonna change everything. | 它将改变一切 |
[14:14] | What’s gonna change everything? | 什么将改变一切 |
[14:16] | Teleportation. | 瞬间移动 |
[14:23] | This is the tech you think is real? | 这就是你认为真实存在的技术 |
[14:25] | Beaming people from one place to another, | 把人们从一个地方传送到另一个地方 |
[14:27] | like they do on TV? | 就像电视里那样 |
[14:28] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[14:31] | Not on this scale, but on a much smaller scale, | 不是这种规模 但是在一个更小的规模上 |
[14:34] | teleportation is already being developed. | 瞬间移动已经在被开发了 |
[14:36] | That’s what the plans I was presenting were about. | 这就是我在演讲中谈到的计划 |
[14:41] | All right, think of a fax machine, | 好吧 想象一台传真机 |
[14:43] | but for organic material. | 但是用来传送有机物质的 |
[14:45] | On one end, someone starts with a protein molecule | 在一边 有人从蛋白质分子开始 |
[14:48] | — say, a strand of DNA. | 比如说 一条DNA链 |
[14:50] | The machine scans the molecule, | 机器扫描分子 |
[14:52] | like a fax machine scans paper. | 就像传真机扫描纸张一样 |
[14:55] | That information is transmitted digitally | 信息以数码形式被传送 |
[14:57] | to another location, | 到另一个地点 |
[14:58] | and then it goes to a 3-D printer, | 然后用3D打印机 |
[15:00] | which makes an exact replica. | 做出一个一模一样的复制品 |
[15:03] | So it’s not teleporting; it’s copying. | 所以这并不是传送 而是复制 |
[15:06] | Well, that’s how all teleportation works. | 这就是瞬移的运作方式 |
[15:08] | A copy is made, and the original is destroyed. | 一份复制品生成 然后原始的被销毁 |
[15:11] | Okay, we understand what you’re describing, | 好了 我们明白你描述的东西了 |
[15:12] | but why would it have to be a secret? | 但这为什么要保密呢 |
[15:14] | And why would someone kill over it? | 为什么会有人为之杀人呢 |
[15:17] | Because the government is working on this right now. | 因为政府现在正在研究它 |
[15:22] | And it’s only a matter of time | 而这项技术运用到人类身上 |
[15:24] | before they scale it up to people. | 只是时间问题 |
[15:27] | It’s about moving armies. | 这关乎到瞬移军队 |
[15:31] | At one time in history, | 在历史上有一段时间 |
[15:32] | whoever had the best ships controlled the world. | 谁拥有了最好的战舰 谁就能掌控世界 |
[15:34] | Then it was whoever had the best planes. | 然后战舰变成了飞机 |
[15:36] | When this goes online, game over. | 而等这项技术面世 一切就结束了 |
[15:41] | So, let’s say these really are secret government plans. | 所以 姑且说这些真的是政府的机密计划 |
[15:45] | How’d you happen to get a hold of them? | 你又是怎么掌握到这些信息的 |
[15:48] | I got an anonymous e-mail through my blog. | 我通过我的博客接收到了一封匿名邮件 |
[15:50] | They said they had some highly classified material | 他们说他们有一些高度机密的材料 |
[15:52] | they’d be willing to sell. | 愿意出售 |
[15:53] | I sent a thousand dollars through an online pay service. | 我通过一个在线支付服务转了一千美元过去 |
[15:59] | I never found out who they were. | 我一直不清楚他们的身份 |
[16:01] | Now, did you wonder why a mysterious Deep Throat | 你有没有想过为什么一位神秘的”深喉” |
[16:01] | 深喉是美国历史上水门事件中 向华盛顿邮报透露幕后信息的秘密线人的代号 | |
[16:04] | would want to sell you secret plans? | 会把这些秘密计划卖给你 |
[16:06] | Or why they sold it so cheaply? | 或者他们为什么卖得这么廉价 |
[16:08] | A thousand bucks isn’t exactly a king’s ransom. | 一千块可不算一笔巨款 |
[16:11] | Maybe it wasn’t about the money. | 也许这跟金钱无关 |
[16:14] | Maybe it was about exposing the truth. | 也许他们只想揭露真相 |
[16:17] | At yesterday’s panel, I showed the world | 在昨天的讨论组演讲里 我向全世界 |
[16:19] | what the government is working on. | 展示了政府的秘密项目 |
[16:20] | And if you ask me, Bruce Deramore recognized | 要我说 布鲁斯·德拉莫尔识破了 |
[16:24] | the plans for what they were. | 原计划是什么 |
[16:26] | I don’t know what he did with them after he took them, | 我不知道他把资料抢走后怎么处理的 |
[16:28] | but whatever it was… | 但不管怎样 |
[16:31] | it got him killed. | 都让他招致了杀身之祸 |
[16:34] | Can I go home now? | 我现在能回家了吗 |
[16:44] | We’re gonna get copies of ‘s secret plans | 我们会从伊凡的笔记本上把他的秘密计划 |
[16:46] | off his laptop, | 拷贝出来 |
[16:47] | then cut him loose. | 然后把他给放了 |
[16:48] | He’s asked that we post a car | 他要求我们在他家外 |
[16:49] | outside his place to protect him. | 派一辆车保护他 |
[16:51] | You think that’s necessary? | 你觉得有必要吗 |
[16:52] | He’s at least half a nutjob, maybe more. | 他至少有一半是疯的 或许更多 |
[16:54] | We’ll ask CCS to trace the e-mail address | 我们会找通讯组追踪联系过他的 |
[16:56] | that contacted him, but for now, | 电邮地址 但现在 |
[16:58] | we don’t know where the plans came from. | 我们还不知道这些计划是从何而来 |
[16:59] | I may know someone who will be able | 我可能知道 |
[17:00] | to verify whether they’re real or not, | 能证明这些计划真假的人 |
[17:02] | but it’s a separate question from whether | 但还要考虑 |
[17:03] | they merit all this cloak and dagger. | 它们值得这样神秘兮兮的吗 |
[17:06] | Evan thought that Bruce recognized the plans. | 伊凡认为布鲁斯识破了这些计划 |
[17:08] | That’s actually one of the few things he said that made sense. | 这算是他的话里确实有道理的部分 |
[17:10] | Bruce was an expert at 3-D printing, | 布鲁斯是3D打印的专家 |
[17:12] | which was a big part of those plans, | 也是那些计划的重要参与者 |
[17:14] | so maybe he was involved in creating them. | 或许他就是计划的创建人之一 |
[17:15] | You’re thinking that Deramore | 你是觉得德拉莫尔 |
[17:17] | saw his work on display at the panel, | 在讨论组在看到了他的成果 |
[17:19] | was appropriately surprised, and then took it upon himself | 感到很惊讶 然后抢走了资料 |
[17:21] | to identify the source of the leak. | 以确认消息的泄露源 |
[17:23] | And if he did find the source, | 如果他找到了泄露源 |
[17:24] | only the source didn’t want to be found, | 而对方又不想被发现 |
[17:26] | that person might’ve had motive to kill him. | 那个人就有了杀掉他的动机 |
[17:28] | It still doesn’t explain | 这还是解释不了 |
[17:29] | why they leaked the plans in the first place. | 为什么他们一开始要泄露计划 |
[17:31] | I think finding Evan’s Deep Throat | 我觉得找到伊凡的”深喉” |
[17:33] | would be a good place to start. | 能帮我们解开这些疑团 |
[17:34] | I’ll look into Bruce’s work history. | 我去调查布鲁斯的工作历史 |
[17:36] | Anything from the slug they pulled out of him? | 从他身上取出的子弹有什么结果了吗 |
[17:38] | Nine-millimeter. Could’ve been bought anywhere. | 九毫米子弹 可以是从任何地方买的 |
[17:40] | Ballistics didn’t turn up a match. | 弹道学测试还没发现匹配枪支 |
[17:42] | All right. Keep me posted. | 好 有消息告诉我 |
[17:45] | You got a sec? ? | 你有空吗 |
[17:46] | I’ll catch you later. | 一会儿见 |
[17:53] | Wanted you to hear it from me first, | 我想自己先告诉你 |
[17:55] | since you’re the one who reached out | 因为是你帮我 |
[17:56] | to the Marshals on my behalf. | 去联系法警的 |
[17:58] | I’m gonna ask them to put my application on hold | 我会请他们把我的申请 |
[18:01] | till the next go-around. | 留到下一轮 |
[18:03] | Well, if you’re asking for my blessing, you don’t have it. | 如果你是想要我的祝福 那你想错了 |
[18:05] | Given how rarely an opportunity like this comes around, | 这是个千载难逢的机会 |
[18:08] | I think putting it off would be moronic. | 我觉得延后是个极其愚蠢的决定 |
[18:10] | And I agree. | 我同意 |
[18:11] | I just don’t have a choice. | 只是我别无选择 |
[18:12] | Because? | 为什么 |
[18:14] | You remember a D.I. | 还记得 |
[18:15] | – from Scotland Yard named Baynes? – I do. | -苏格兰场有个叫贝恩斯的探长吗 -记得 |
[18:17] | He was a competent, if unexceptional, detective. Why? | 他虽不出众 但也是个能干的警探 怎么了 |
[18:21] | He’s a professor now, here in New York, | 他现在是个教授 就在纽约 |
[18:23] | and he happens to be teaching a class I need for my master’s. | 他正好在教授我的硕士学位的一门必修课 |
[18:25] | Well, that’s topsy-turvy. You should be teaching him. | 那真是搞颠倒了 你应该去教他 |
[18:27] | Yeah, well, be that as it may, | 好吧 不管怎样 |
[18:29] | I can’t complete my degree without his class. | 过不了他那门课我就拿不到学位 |
[18:32] | And you must have done a number on him when you worked together, | 而你肯定在和他共事时得罪过他 |
[18:34] | because he’s taking his resentment at you out on me. | 因为他现在把对你的怨气都撒在了我头上 |
[18:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:50] | Please. | 请坐 |
[18:53] | Uh, may I introduce Dr. Klaus Ziegler, | 容我向你介绍克劳斯·齐格勒博士 |
[18:56] | Switzerland’s foremost expert on 3-D printing. | 瑞士3D技术的首席专家 |
[18:59] | Dr. Ziegler, Dr. Watson. | 齐格勒博士 这位是华生医生 |
[19:01] | – Hallo. – I helped him with a matter some years ago, | -你好 -我几年前帮过他几个忙 |
[19:04] | and he’s been kind enough to assist us with our investigation. | 非常荣幸能请他来协助调查 |
[19:07] | He has confirmed that, to his trained eye, | 以他的专业眼光判定 |
[19:09] | the plans which Evan Kowalski received | 伊凡·科瓦尔斯基收到的计划 |
[19:10] | appear authentic. | 应该是真的 |
[19:11] | And he is now, after a fashion, demonstrating | 他现在多多少少能演示出 |
[19:14] | how that technology might work. | 这项技术是如何运作的 |
[19:20] | Is he teleporting a chocolate bunny? | 他在传送一个巧克力兔子吗 |
[19:22] | He is. He insisted that his brother-in-law | 是的 他坚持让他的妹夫 |
[19:25] | send over a printer. | 送了台打印机过来 |
[19:26] | He is an artisanal chocolatier here in Brooklyn. | 他是布鲁克林的一位手工巧克力工匠 |
[19:29] | Dr. Ziegler has a flair for the dramatic, | 齐格勒博士很有戏剧天赋 |
[19:31] | but his demonstration does drive the point home. | 不过他的演示确实能把问题讲清楚 |
[19:34] | First, he scanned a chocolate bunny | 首先 他在苏黎世实验室 |
[19:36] | at his lab in Zurich. | 扫描了一只巧克力兔子 |
[19:38] | Then he specified which chocolate his brother-in-law | 然后给他妹夫指定了 |
[19:40] | should load into the print head. | 装进印刷头的巧克力种类 |
[19:42] | He then transmitted the data here, | 然后把数据传输到那里 |
[19:45] | and voilà. | 大功告成 |
[19:48] | An identical bunny | 一只和远在六千公里外的 |
[19:49] | to the one that Dr. Ziegler is holding 4,000 miles away. | 齐格勒博士那只一模一样的巧克力兔子 |
[19:54] | Did someone take a bite out of it? | 是有人咬了一口吗 |
[19:56] | All the better to demonstrate the uniqueness of the specimen. | 更加证明了样本的独特性 |
[19:59] | Even down to the bite marks, | 就连咬痕 |
[20:02] | the bunny there is identical to the bunny here. | 都和这只一模一样 |
[20:05] | Thank you, Doctor. You’ve been most helpful. | 谢谢你 博士 你真是帮了大忙了 |
[20:07] | You can tell your brother-in-law | 你可以告诉你的妹夫 |
[20:08] | he can pick up the printer in the morning. | 他可以早上来取走这个打印机 |
[20:12] | So, was 3-D-printing a bunny really worth all that? | 3D打印一只兔子真的值得这么大动干戈吗 |
[20:15] | I’d say it was. During the course of our conversation, | 我觉得值得 在我们的谈话过程中 |
[20:17] | Dr. Ziegler brought up several real-world applications | 齐格勒医生把一些现实生活中的应用 |
[20:20] | for the technology in those plans, | 运用到了这些计划里的技术上 |
[20:22] | if you can imagine a printer | 你能想象一台 |
[20:23] | loaded with amino acids instead of chocolate. | 装满氨基酸而不是巧克力的打印机 |
[20:26] | Imagine the CDC | 再想象一下疾病控制中心 |
[20:28] | sending life-saving vaccines | 把能救命的疫苗 |
[20:29] | to properly equipped machines across the globe. | 通过机器装载好传送到全球 |
[20:31] | Or NASA sending the genetic code | 或是国家航天局从遥远外星上 |
[20:33] | for an alien microbe back to Earth from a distant planet. | 把外星微生物的基因密码传回地球 |
[20:36] | Or, more worryingly for Homeland Security, | 或者更让国安局操心的事 |
[20:38] | hostile forces hacking into already existing equipment | 敌对势力黑进现有设备中 |
[20:41] | and transmitting a deadly bioweapon to an enemy lab. | 再把致命生物武器传送到敌人实验室里 |
[20:44] | So there are good reasons why the government | 所以政府想把这项技术保密 |
[20:46] | might want to keep this tech secret. | 是情有可原的 |
[20:48] | Maybe the person who leaked these plans | 也许泄露了这些计划的人 |
[20:50] | did violate national security. | 确实危害到了国家安全 |
[20:53] | Any closer to figuring out who? | 我们有更接近凶手的身份吗 |
[20:54] | No. I recognized the plans as being part | 没有 我查出了这项计划 |
[20:56] | of a U.S. Patent application, | 正在申请美国专利 |
[20:58] | but I checked with the patent office, | 但我和专利局办公室联系过 |
[21:00] | and they have no corresponding files. | 他们那没有相关的文件 |
[21:01] | I’m still trying to figure out where the plans came from. | 我仍然在查这些计划的泄露源 |
[21:04] | Now, the résumé that Bruce Deramore gave to Perfect Mate Robotics | 布鲁斯·德拉莫尔给完美伴侣机器人公司 |
[21:07] | said that he was a PhD student at Garrison University. | 交的简历上写他是加里森大学的博士生 |
[21:10] | But he did not give details about his work, which is weird. | 但他从未说过自己研究工作的细节 这很奇怪 |
[21:13] | So I reached out to a contact at the school, | 所以我联系了学校的人 |
[21:15] | and she’s looking into it. | 她正在查 |
[21:17] | Oh, uh, what did Marcus want to talk about? | 马库斯想和你谈什么 |
[21:20] | Apparently, I’m his Criminal Statistics teacher’s nemesis, | 显然我是他犯罪统计学老师的死敌 |
[21:23] | and he’s taking it out on Marcus. | 而这老师把怒气撒在了马库斯身上 |
[21:25] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[21:28] | So this guy, Baynes, won’t let Marcus | 这个叫贝恩斯的人 不让马库斯上他的课 |
[21:30] | take his class because he’s angry at you. | 因为他生你的气 |
[21:32] | What did you do to him? | 你对他做了什么 |
[21:34] | Well, it’s hard to say, exactly. | 很难说清楚 |
[21:36] | It might not be one thing that I did. | 或许不是我做的某一件事 |
[21:37] | Baynes and I crossed paths during the months | 在我搬来纽约前的那几个月 |
[21:39] | preceding my move to New York, | 我和贝恩斯有过交集 |
[21:41] | so I was using heroin quite regularly then. | 我当时经常吸海洛因 |
[21:43] | And you forget how far I’ve come | 你可能忘了我花了多久 |
[21:44] | with regards to my social skills. | 才学会社交技能 |
[21:47] | I was not the congenial fellow who stands before you today. | 当时我可不像今天站在你面前的我这样好脾气 |
[21:50] | Right, because now you’re Mr. Congeniality. | 是啊 因为你现在可是好好先生 |
[21:52] | Anyway, I’m gonna pay Baynes a visit tomorrow. | 反正我明天要去拜访一趟贝恩斯 |
[21:54] | Prostrate myself before him, | 向他负荆请罪 |
[21:56] | if that’s what it takes to help Marcus. | 要是这能帮到马库斯的话 |
[21:57] | – That’s big of you. – Well, making amends | -你可真伟大 -赎罪本就该是 |
[21:59] | is supposed to become second nature, isn’t it? | 人类的第二种天性 对吧 |
[22:02] | Like many of the steps, | 就像那些戒毒过程一样 |
[22:02] | the ninth is meant to be repeated. | 第九步应该多重复一下 |
[22:06] | It’s my friend from Garrison University. | 是我在加里森大学的朋友发来的 |
[22:07] | She says that Bruce Deramore worked in the Bioinformatics Lab. | 她说布鲁斯·德拉莫尔原在生物信息实验室工作 |
[22:12] | She couldn’t find out what work he was doing. | 她没能查到他做什么研究 |
[22:13] | His supervisor, this man named | 他的导师 名字叫 |
[22:15] | Dr. Ken Fukata, he’s not at the school anymore, | 肯·深田博士 他已经不在学校里工作了 |
[22:18] | so she gave us his home address. | 她给了我们他家的地址 |
[22:20] | The rest of Bruce’s colleagues | 布鲁斯的其他同事 |
[22:21] | are still there doing grad and postgrad work. | 目前仍在那里做毕业生和研究生研究 |
[22:24] | Split up in the morning? | 明早分开行动吧 |
[22:25] | One of us accompanies Marcus to Garrison University, | 我们一个陪马库斯去加里森大学 |
[22:27] | the other pays a visit to Dr. Fukata? | 另一个去拜访深田博士吧 |
[22:29] | You take Fukata. His house is on the way to Marcus’s school, | 你去找深田吧 他家在去马库斯学校的路上 |
[22:31] | so you’ll be prostrating that way anyway. | 这样你无论如何都得去负荆请罪 |
[22:36] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[22:38] | Why would someone kill Bruce? | 为什么会有人杀了布鲁斯 |
[22:40] | That’s what we’re trying to find out. | 这也是我们想查清的事 |
[22:42] | You’re asking the wrong people. | 你们问错人了 |
[22:43] | Bruce took a job in the private sector a year ago. | 布鲁斯一年前就接受了一份私营企业的工作 |
[22:46] | I don’t think any of us has talked to him in a while. | 我们应该都有一段时间没跟他说话了 |
[22:48] | The guy cashed in. | 他选了钱 |
[22:50] | And the work he went into– | 他做的那份工作 |
[22:52] | sex robots– I think he thought we would give him a hard time. | 性爱机器人 他可能觉得我们会因此为难他 |
[22:55] | We think he was killed over something | 我们认为他被害是因为 |
[22:56] | he might have been working on here. | 他曾在这里做过的研究 |
[22:58] | Plans for some kind of teleportation device. | 某种瞬移装置的计划 |
[23:00] | Scans organic material in one place, | 在一个地方扫描有机材料 |
[23:02] | reproduces it in another? | 再在另一个地方复制产生 |
[23:06] | Looks like he did work on it here. | 看来他之前确实在这里干这个 |
[23:07] | The three of you work on it, too? | 你们三个也是做这个的吗 |
[23:09] | I’m sorry. We’ve told you all we can. | 抱歉 我们能说的都已经说了 |
[23:11] | All you can. Not all you know. | 你们能说的 而不是你们所了解的 |
[23:13] | Those are two different things. | 这是两件不同的事 |
[23:14] | I think you should talk to Dr. Fukata. | 你应该和深田博士谈谈 |
[23:16] | He was running the lab back then. | 他当时管理这个实验室 |
[23:18] | Our colleague is already going to see Dr. Fukata. | 我们的同事已经去找深田博士谈了 |
[23:20] | We’re here to talk to you. | 我们现在来找你们谈 |
[23:22] | Listen, we want to help, | 听着 我们想帮忙 |
[23:24] | but we’re not allowed to talk about this. | 但我们被禁止谈论此事 |
[23:27] | Is that because you signed an NDA? | 因为你们签了保密协议吗 |
[23:28] | Because that is unenforceable now. | 那现在已经失去效力了 |
[23:31] | The work is out already. | 这项研究已经公布了 |
[23:36] | Where did you get these? | 你从哪得到的 |
[23:37] | It was presented at a tech conference. | 这是在一次技术研讨会上展出的 |
[23:39] | A lot of people saw it. | 很多人都看到了 |
[23:42] | That’s not possible. | 这不可能 |
[23:44] | This is supposed to be under lock and key. | 这本该是埋藏的秘密 |
[23:45] | – Gwen? – You heard her. | -格温 -你听到她说的话了 |
[23:47] | The plans are public. | 计划已经公开了 |
[23:49] | We can tell them what we know. | 我们可以把我们知道的告诉他们了 |
[23:52] | Bruce is dead. | 布鲁斯死了 |
[23:54] | I want to help. | 我想帮忙 |
[23:56] | Obviously, it’s not teleportation in the traditional sense | 显然 这并不是传统意义上的传送 |
[23:59] | — or at least not the way | 至少不是 |
[24:01] | it’s depicted in science fiction. | 科幻小说里描写的那种 |
[24:02] | Dr. Fukata called it a | 深田教授称之为 |
[24:04] | Digital-to-Organic Data Transmitter. | 数字变成物质的数据传输 |
[24:06] | When he left, everything was boxed up and put in storage. | 他走之后 所有信息都被封存了 |
[24:10] | It’s in here. | 都在这里 |
[24:14] | That’s weird. | 奇怪 |
[24:16] | This is supposed to be locked. | 门应该是锁上的 |
[24:20] | Looks like the door has been pried open. | 看起来门被撬开了 |
[24:25] | The plans are gone. | 计划都不见了 |
[24:33] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[24:34] | Joan and I are at Garrison University. | 乔恩和我在加里森大学 |
[24:36] | Took some doing, but the grad students | 做了些调查 和布鲁斯・德拉莫尔 |
[24:38] | Bruce Deramore worked with admitted those plans | 一起工作的研究生承认 |
[24:40] | were developed here. | 那些计划是在这里进行研究的 |
[24:42] | They were stolen from a campus storage room. | 但它们从学校的储藏室被偷走了 |
[24:44] | It’s not exactly Fort Knox. Anyone could have gotten in. | 这里不是诺克斯堡 所以任何人都能进来 |
[24:46] | We’re gonna talk with the students some more, | 我们会和别的学生谈谈 |
[24:48] | but you should ask Dr. Fukata | 但你最好问问深田教授 |
[24:50] | who else knew about the work he was doing. | 还有谁知道他在做的研究 |
[24:52] | Well, I would, but I’m afraid I can’t. | 我也想问 但恐怕问不到了 |
[24:54] | It appears he’s been stolen as well. | 看起来他也被偷走了 |
[24:56] | Or, more accurately, remanded into custody. | 更准确的说 他被收监了 |
[25:00] | Custody? | 收监 |
[25:01] | Whose? I’d know if it was our guys. | 被谁 如果是我们的人我应该知道 |
[25:03] | I’m taking Evan Kowalski’s rants about government conspiracies | 我现在越来越相信 |
[25:06] | more and more seriously by the minute. | 伊凡・科瓦尔斯基所说的政府阴谋论了 |
[25:08] | Because, based on the tactical tire tracks outside | 因为 从外面的战车轮胎印 |
[25:11] | and the boot prints inside, | 以及屋内的靴子印来看 |
[25:13] | I believe Dr. Fukata is in the hands of the U.S. Military. | 我认为深田教授在美国军方手上 |
[25:21] | Ah, appreciate you coming in, General. | 感谢你能来 将军 |
[25:25] | Please. | 请进 |
[25:26] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[25:29] | Don’t mind saying, I was looking forward | 别介意 但我还以为 |
[25:32] | to never seeing any of you again. | 再也不会见你们了 |
[25:37] | So, how about we skip the pleasantries? | 所以 我们就省了寒暄吧 |
[25:42] | You have something on me. | 你们有我的把柄 |
[25:43] | We all know it. | 我们都清楚 |
[25:45] | What do you want? | 你们想要什么 |
[25:47] | It’s not like that. | 跟那个无关 |
[25:48] | We’ve kept your recreational activities | 这么久以来 你的私人娱乐活动 |
[25:51] | to ourselves for this long, | 我们并未声张 |
[25:53] | and we don’t have any intention of changing that, | 我们也不打算改变现状 |
[25:56] | but we do need a favor. | 但我们确实需要帮忙 |
[25:58] | So we thought we’d ask a friend. | 所以我们想着可以劳烦一位朋友 |
[26:03] | What kind of favor? | 什么样的忙 |
[26:04] | Early this morning, | 今天早上 |
[26:05] | a scientist named Ken Fukata was detained by military police. | 一个叫深田肯的科学家被军方监禁了 |
[26:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:11] | You familiar with the Invention Secrecy Act? | 你熟悉《发明保密法案》吗 |
[26:14] | Sure. It gives the government power | 当然 它给了政府权力 |
[26:16] | to seize control of any invention | 在可能威胁国家安全时 |
[26:18] | it considers a threat to national security. | 有权控制任何发明 |
[26:21] | The inventor’s patent becomes classified, | 研发者的专利变成保密级的 |
[26:23] | like it never existed. | 就像从未存在过一样 |
[26:24] | It does more than that. | 不止这样 |
[26:26] | Anyone working on the invention has to stop work immediately | 任何参与研发的人都必须立刻停止工作 |
[26:29] | and can’t even talk about it anymore. | 甚至再也不能谈起它 |
[26:31] | There’s no promise of compensation, | 他们也不一定会得到补偿 |
[26:33] | and the orders can be maintained for years, | 而且命令可能会持续数年 |
[26:36] | meaning the inventor can never profit from their work. | 因此研发者可能完全无法从中获利 |
[26:40] | And you think that’s why Fukata got scooped up– | 而你们认为这是深田被带走的原因 |
[26:43] | he leaked his own work. | 他泄露了自己的研发内容 |
[26:44] | We think he had the most to gain. | 我们认为他将获利最多 |
[26:46] | With the public aware of the tech, | 如果公众知晓了这项技术 |
[26:48] | legally, the order can’t be enforced. | 从法律上来讲 命令就无法执行了 |
[26:50] | He could resume his work and make millions. | 他可以继续研发并获得巨额财富 |
[26:53] | It’d be risky. | 这太冒险了 |
[26:54] | If they can prove he did it, he’ll go to prison, | 如果军方能证明是他泄露的 他会进监狱 |
[26:57] | and he’ll lose his patent. | 并且失去他的专利 |
[26:59] | Which is why we think he committed a murder | 所以我们认为他为了掩盖此事 |
[27:01] | to cover it up. | 而杀了人 |
[27:03] | We want to talk to Fukata, | 我们想和深田谈谈 |
[27:04] | but the military won’t let us near him. | 但是军方不会让我们靠近他 |
[27:06] | Ah, and you want me to pull some strings, | 所以你们想让我找找关系 |
[27:10] | get him brought over here for questioning. | 把他带过来让你们讯问 |
[27:17] | I do this, | 我同意 |
[27:18] | and our little secrecy order remains in force? | 我们间的小秘密还是秘密 |
[27:22] | Like I said, just asking a favor of a friend. | 就像我之前说的 我们只是请朋友帮个忙 |
[27:39] | Well, if it isn’t the great Sherlock Holmes, in the flesh. | 这不是鼎鼎大名的夏洛克・福尔摩斯吗 |
[27:42] | Baynes. | 贝恩斯 |
[27:44] | It’s been a while. | 好久不见 |
[27:47] | Uh, may I? | 我可以坐下吗 |
[27:49] | When have I ever stopped you from doing anything? | 我什么时候能阻止你做任何事了 |
[27:58] | You here to talk about Marcus Bell? | 你来谈马库斯・贝尔的事吗 |
[28:01] | Well, actually, I was here to apologize. | 实际上 我是来道歉的 |
[28:05] | When we knew each other in London, I was… | 我们在伦敦工作的那段时间 |
[28:08] | I was a different man. | 我跟现在不一样 |
[28:09] | I was an abrasive man. | 我那时是个很难相处的人 |
[28:11] | Partly due to my drug use, | 大部分原因是我吸毒 |
[28:12] | but to ascribe too much to that would be an excuse. | 但如果把问题全推在那上面 那就是借口 |
[28:15] | No, it was who I was. | 不 过去的我就是那样 |
[28:18] | I saw no need for social decorum, | 我认为社交没必要 |
[28:19] | so I refused to indulge others with it. | 所以我拒绝和别人交往 |
[28:22] | – I was dismissive, disrespectful. – Stop. | -我曾经很骄傲 不尊重人 -停 |
[28:25] | Is that what you think this is about? | 你认为是因为这个吗 |
[28:27] | You think I’ve been carrying a seven-year-old grudge | 你觉得我记了七年的仇 |
[28:29] | because you were rude? | 是因为你的粗鲁吗 |
[28:31] | To be honest with you, | 跟你说实话 |
[28:33] | I’ve got no idea what this is about. | 我完全不知道这到底是为什么 |
[28:35] | Do you remember the Camberwell poisoning case? | 你还记得坎伯威尔中毒案吗 |
[28:38] | Lewis Milford, member of Parliament | 路易斯・米尔福德 下院议员 |
[28:40] | forced to drink antifreeze. | 被逼喝下防冻剂 |
[28:42] | The police got the timeline wrong. | 警察把时间线搞错了 |
[28:44] | They failed to notice that | 他们没有注意到 |
[28:45] | Milford had plugged his phone in to charge. | 米尔福德把手机插上了充电器 |
[28:47] | When you and I arrived, the phone was at 40%. | 当你我到达时 手机电量是40% |
[28:50] | So, unless the killer charged his phone for him, | 所以 除非是凶手帮他充了电 |
[28:53] | that meant he was alive sometime in the last hour or so. | 不然就意味着他过去一小时左右还活着 |
[28:56] | And that was a detail | 而这一个细节 |
[28:57] | which allowed me to solve the case almost immediately. | 帮助我一下子就解决了案件 |
[29:03] | Those are all my files from my time at the Yard, | 这些是我在苏格兰场工作的所有文件 |
[29:06] | including Camberwell. | 包括坎伯威尔案 |
[29:08] | Take a look. | 看一看吧 |
[29:10] | I would have solved that case myself in another day or two. | 再给我一两天时间我就能解决那案子 |
[29:15] | You’re upset because I solved a murder before you did? | 你生气是因为我在你之前解决了案子吗 |
[29:18] | An MP’s murder. | 一名国会议员被谋杀 |
[29:20] | That case would have made my career. | 那案子可能会成就我的事业 |
[29:21] | I would have been chief inspector before you knew it. | 我可能转眼之间就能成为总督察 |
[29:25] | And you– | 而你 |
[29:25] | you were on reprimand for your drug use. | 你还在因为使用毒品受到处罚 |
[29:27] | You shouldn’t have even been at that crime scene. | 你不该出现在那犯罪现场的 |
[29:30] | That was my case to solve, and you took it from me. | 那是我要解决的案子 被你抢走了 |
[29:34] | You said you came here to apologize. | 你说你是来道歉的 |
[29:36] | Lovely. Be my guest. | 可以 请开始吧 |
[29:38] | Apologize for that. | 为这事道歉 |
[29:42] | You think I killed Bruce Deramore? | 你们认为是我杀了布鲁斯・德拉莫尔吗 |
[29:46] | We talked to your military hosts, Dr. Fukata. | 我们和你的军方负责人聊过了 深田博士 |
[29:49] | They seem pretty convinced that you leaked the plans | 他们似乎很确定是你把计划 |
[29:52] | of your invention to Evan Kowalski. | 泄露给了伊凡・科瓦尔斯基 |
[29:55] | They’ve traced the e-mail account | 他们从科瓦尔斯基先生的邮件地址 |
[29:56] | that contacted Mr. Kowalski to you. | 追踪到了你那里 |
[29:59] | There’s also an online cash account | 还有一个在线现金账户 |
[30:01] | Mr. Kowalski made a payment to. | 科瓦尔斯基先生向里边打过钱 |
[30:03] | It was set up with the same e-mail. | 是用同一个邮件地址建立的 |
[30:05] | Your life’s work had been taken from you. | 你一生的工作心血被夺走了 |
[30:07] | You needed the secrecy order to be lifted | 你需要保密令被解除 |
[30:08] | so that you could make money off of your own invention. | 这样你就可以用自己的发明赚钱了 |
[30:12] | You broke into the storage unit at Garrison University, | 你闯进了加里森大学的仓库 |
[30:14] | and you staged the theft of your own plans | 然后伪造了自己图纸被偷走的戏码 |
[30:17] | so that you could sell them to someone you knew | 这样你就可以将它们卖给你认识的人 |
[30:20] | would share them with the world. | 一个可以将其分享给世界的人 |
[30:21] | Somehow, Bruce Deramore | 不知怎么 布鲁斯・德拉莫尔 |
[30:23] | figured out it was you, he threatened to expose you, | 查出了是你干的 他威胁要告发你 |
[30:25] | so you killed him. | 所以你杀了他 |
[30:27] | Please. You… | 不对 你… |
[30:28] | You’ve got it all wrong. | 你们全搞错了 |
[30:30] | We’re listening. | 我们听着呢 |
[30:33] | Yes, I-I was upset at first | 是 一开始我听到 |
[30:34] | when I heard about the secrecy order. | 有保密令 我是很生气 |
[30:37] | I tried to fight it. | 我想要反抗 |
[30:38] | But when you can’t talk about your work, | 但当你不能谈论你的工作时 |
[30:42] | you also can’t argue about it in court. | 你也无法在法庭上辩论 |
[30:45] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[30:46] | – What changed? – I was approached | -发生了什么 -我被一名来自 |
[30:48] | by a deputy director at the Army Research Lab. | 陆军研究实验室的副主任联络上了 |
[30:54] | He said they were impressed with my work, | 他说他们很欣赏我的工作 |
[30:56] | and he offered me a job heading up one of their projects. | 然后他要我去领导他们的一个项目 |
[30:59] | I’m supposed to start next month. | 我下个月就该开始了 |
[31:00] | That sounds like a pretty lame consolation prize. | 这听起来像是个挺差劲的安抚 |
[31:03] | I can’t imagine a government job | 我无法想象一项政府工作 |
[31:05] | pays what you’d make as the inventor | 获得的薪水能比你作为 |
[31:06] | of the Digital-to-Organic Data Transmitter. | 数码至有机数据传输的创造者赚得多 |
[31:10] | No, but I didn’t go into research to get rich. | 不 但我进行研究不是为了变富有 |
[31:14] | At least it was an acknowledgement. | 至少这是一种认同 |
[31:16] | A way the work I’d done | 这样我所完成的工作 |
[31:17] | could help build my reputation. | 可以帮助我建立名声 |
[31:19] | I invented something that’s going to change the world. | 我发明了一个能改变世界的东西 |
[31:22] | If I was behind the leak, | 如果是我泄露的 |
[31:23] | would I be stupid enough to leave an e-mail trail? | 我会蠢到留下邮件线索吗 |
[31:26] | You think someone set you up. | 你觉得是有人陷害你吗 |
[31:27] | And I’ve been saying so all day. | 我已经说了一整天了 |
[31:30] | Okay, so who framed you? | 好吧 那是谁陷害的你 |
[31:32] | When I submitted the patent application | 当我递交设备的 |
[31:36] | for the device, I… | 专利申请书时 我… |
[31:39] | underrepresented the contributions of my students. | 没有充分提及我学生们的贡献 |
[31:43] | The three students who still work at the lab? | 那三个还在实验室工作的学生吗 |
[31:46] | Them, and Bruce Deramore. | 他们 还有布鲁斯・德拉莫尔 |
[31:48] | “Underrepresented.” So you stole their work. | “没有充分提及” 意思是你偷了他们的成果 |
[31:54] | For months, all four of them | 有很多月 他们四人 |
[31:56] | sent me angry e-mails, left threatening voice mails. | 会给我发愤怒的邮件 留下威胁的语音 |
[32:00] | One of them must have leaked the plans. | 其中一个肯定泄露了图纸 |
[32:02] | Bruce caught onto it, so they killed him. | 布鲁斯被牵扯进去了 所以他们杀了他 |
[32:07] | I’ll give you my e-mail password. | 我给你们我的邮箱密码 |
[32:09] | You’ll see I’m telling the truth. | 你们会看到我说的是实话 |
[32:14] | So, what are we thinking? | 所以 有什么想法 |
[32:17] | So far, Dr. Fukata’s e-mails back the story he told us. | 目前 深田博士的邮件证实了他的说法 |
[32:20] | All four of his grad students, | 他所有四名研究生 |
[32:22] | including Bruce Deramore, were pretty steamed at him | 包括布鲁斯・德拉莫尔 都因为他 |
[32:24] | for stealing their work. | 偷了他们的成果而气愤 |
[32:25] | Not sure it’s enough to cross him off our suspect list, | 不太确定是否足够洗除他的嫌疑 |
[32:28] | but it makes a good case for adding three more names. | 但是再增加三个人还是可以的 |
[32:30] | Because of the secrecy order, | 因为保密令 |
[32:32] | the students could not prove that their work was being stolen. | 学生们无法证明自己的成果被偷了 |
[32:35] | They couldn’t even file a complaint with the school. | 他们甚至不能向学校投诉 |
[32:37] | Now, if the order was lifted, then they were free | 如果命令解除了 他们就可以 |
[32:39] | to claim the credit they deserve. | 获取应得的功劳了 |
[32:41] | It also makes sense they’re the ones | 而且他们陷害深田为泄密者 |
[32:43] | who framed Fukata for the leak. | 也就说得通了 |
[32:44] | If he’s found guilty of violating the order, | 如果他被判违反命令 |
[32:47] | he’ll lose his patent. | 他就会失去专利 |
[32:48] | They could submit their own patent, | 他们就能提交自己的专利 |
[32:49] | and they’d make all the money. | 赚得盆满钵满 |
[32:50] | So far as we know, all three of them | 目前情况来看 他们三人 |
[32:52] | could have been in on this together. | 有可能是同伙 |
[32:54] | They killed Deramore to keep him quiet. | 他们杀了德拉莫尔免除后患 |
[32:56] | We thought about that, | 我们也这样考虑过 |
[32:57] | but based on these e-mails, | 但根据这些邮件 |
[32:58] | Bruce was just as angry as the other three. | 布鲁斯和其他三人一样愤怒 |
[33:00] | So, if they leaked the plans, why not include him? | 如果是那三人泄的密 为何不带上布鲁斯 |
[33:03] | Meaning he wouldn’t have been surprised | 意味着即使在讨论组看到他们的成果 |
[33:05] | to see their work at that panel. | 布鲁斯也不会那么意外 |
[33:07] | Seems more likely that one of the three | 看起来是他们三人中 |
[33:09] | got the idea to leak the plans, Bruce found out, | 其中一人泄露了计划 布鲁斯发现了 |
[33:12] | refused to stay quiet, and so he was killed. | 想要曝光 结果被杀了 |
[33:14] | Let’s take a real close look at these three, | 再好好查查那三个人 |
[33:17] | find out which one is our killer. | 找出凶手 |
[33:24] | Okay. Here’s something I found about justice. | 好了 这是我找到的关于正义的信息 |
[33:28] | The philosopher Mortimer Adler believed | 哲学家莫蒂默·阿德勒相信 |
[33:30] | that justice is defined as | 正义可以被定义为 |
[33:32] | a balance between personal liberty and social equality. | 个人自由与社会平等之间的平衡 |
[33:36] | We’re discussing my interests. | 我们在讨论我的兴趣 |
[33:39] | I like learning your interests. | 我喜欢学习你的兴趣 |
[33:41] | What’s your favorite position? | 你最喜欢的体位是什么 |
[33:43] | Lucena. | 卢塞纳 |
[33:45] | The Lucena position is a chess thing, right? | 卢塞纳是象棋的一种战术 对吧 |
[33:49] | I’m guessing that Skyler does not get chess humor. | 我猜斯凯勒还不懂象棋的笑话 |
[33:53] | Who changed her into sweats? | 谁给她换了运动衫 |
[33:54] | I did. How would you have brought her home on the subway? | 是我 换了你会怎么把她从地铁上带回来 |
[33:56] | I don’t think I would have. Doesn’t she belong in evidence? | 我不会带回来 她难道不是证据吗 |
[33:59] | The police decided there was no more | 警察说她身上 |
[34:00] | physical evidence to be gleaned from her, | 没有其他物证了 |
[34:02] | so I requested that she be released into my custody. | 所以我要求把她带回来 |
[34:06] | I didn’t think her depths had been properly plumbed. | 我认为她还值得好好深究一番 |
[34:08] | Oh, gross. | 恶心 |
[34:09] | I’m referring to her memory storage. | 我指的是她的记忆储存 |
[34:11] | Conversations, keywords, movie and song lists. | 对话 关键词 电影和歌曲列表 |
[34:15] | Everything in Skyler’s memory about Bruce Deramore. | 斯凯勒记忆中关于布鲁斯·德拉莫尔的信息 |
[34:19] | Marcus and I have been going through the backgrounds | 马库斯和我一直在调查深田博士 |
[34:21] | of Dr. Fukata’s three students. | 三个学生的背景信息 |
[34:22] | There’s no indication that any of them owns any guns. | 没有任何迹象显示他们中有人拥有枪支 |
[34:25] | No criminal records. | 也没有犯罪记录 |
[34:26] | No money issues, as far as we can tell. | 目前看来也没有财务困难 |
[34:28] | So far, nothing points to one as the killer. | 现在还不能证明谁是凶手 |
[34:31] | The police are gonna bring all three in | 警察明早让那三人去警局 |
[34:33] | for questioning tomorrow morning. | 接受审讯 |
[34:35] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[34:36] | The Case Book of Detective Inspector Baynes, retired. | 已经退休的贝恩斯探长的案卷 |
[34:39] | Including at least one theft for which I am the accused. | 至少有一起偷盗案 我是被告 |
[34:43] | I stole his thunder. | 我抢了他的风头 |
[34:45] | Solved a case before he had the chance. | 抢在他之前解决了案子 |
[34:47] | He blames me and that moment for ruining his career | 他怪我毁了他的职业生涯 |
[34:51] | and wants me to apologize. | 希望我道歉 |
[34:52] | So, are you going to? | 那你准备道歉吗 |
[34:53] | For what, doing good work? | 为什么 因为工作做得好吗 |
[34:56] | Catching a killer before he fled the country? | 在犯人逃出国前抓住他吗 |
[34:58] | I was willing to make amends for my own shortcomings. | 我愿意为自己的缺点道歉 |
[35:00] | I’m not going to apologize for someone else’s. | 而不是为别人的缺点 |
[35:01] | Not even to help Marcus out? | 即使这样能帮助马库斯也不行吗 |
[35:03] | I looked the man in the eye, Watson. | 我直视过那人的眼睛 华生 |
[35:05] | This is not about fixing things. | 他并非想补过拾遗 |
[35:06] | This is about spite. | 而是故意刁难 |
[35:08] | He wants his pound of flesh. | 他想要出出风头 |
[35:09] | I’ve got absolutely no reason to believe | 而且就算我随了他的心愿 |
[35:11] | that it would help Marcus, even if I did play along. | 我也不相信能帮到马库斯 |
[35:14] | I’m happy to play a song, | 我很高兴能播放一首歌 |
[35:15] | but I’ll need access to your music player. | 但我需要连接你的音乐播放列表 |
[35:24] | Speaking of songs, I think you’re right. | 说到歌曲 我想你是对的 |
[35:27] | Skyler’s memory could be useful after all. | 斯凯勒的记忆确实有用 |
[35:30] | According to this, Bruce had very specific music tastes. | 从这里看 布鲁斯有非常独特的音乐品味 |
[35:33] | Thrash metal, death metal. | 敲击金属 死亡金属 |
[35:35] | But there’s one song on here that does not fit | 但有一首歌不符合 |
[35:37] | anything else he listened to. | 其他歌曲的风格 |
[35:39] | I don’t see the significance. | 我看不出有什么意义 |
[35:40] | The song that does not match was added to Skyler’s memory | 这首不合常规的歌是在布鲁斯被杀的时候 |
[35:43] | around the time that Bruce was murdered. | 被添加到斯凯勒的记忆中的 |
[35:44] | So, if I’m right about what that means, | 如果我想的没错 |
[35:47] | I may know how to identify the killer. | 我也许知道如何找出凶手了 |
[35:56] | Should we have lawyers with us? | 我们应该带律师吗 |
[35:58] | That is definitely your right, | 这是你们的权力 |
[36:00] | but truth is, you guys won’t have to do much talking. | 但事实上 你们不需要说太多的话 |
[36:03] | Then why did you ask us to come here? | 那为什么要我们过来 |
[36:05] | Well, we wanted to introduce you three to someone. | 我们想介绍一个人给你们 |
[36:07] | A witness. | 一个目击证人 |
[36:10] | Is that a sex doll? | 那是个性爱玩偶吗 |
[36:12] | You guys mentioned that you were aware | 你们说过自己知道 |
[36:14] | of the new line of work that Bruce Deramore had gone into. | 布鲁斯·德拉莫尔正在开发的新产品 |
[36:17] | He helped design this doll. | 他帮助设计了这个玩偶 |
[36:19] | She was also in the room with him | 当布鲁斯被杀时 |
[36:20] | at the time that he was murdered, | 她也在现场 |
[36:21] | but of course, at least one of you already knew that. | 但是你们中有人早就知道了 |
[36:25] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[36:39] | So… that’s your witness? | 这就是你们的目击证人 |
[36:42] | Actually, we’ve been going back and forth | 事实上 我们还在纠结 |
[36:44] | whether to, uh, call Skyler a witness or evidence. | 斯凯勒究竟是目击证人还是证据 |
[36:47] | But whichever you prefer, she has provided | 但不管怎样 她为这个案子 |
[36:49] | crucial information in this case. | 提供了重要信息 |
[36:51] | Now, the doll records any music | 这个玩偶会记录当主人在场时 |
[36:54] | that she hears in her owner’s presence. | 播放过的所有音乐 |
[36:56] | So, I noticed a song that she had stored | 我注意到有一首歌 |
[36:58] | around the time that Bruce was killed. | 是在布鲁斯被杀时储存的 |
[37:00] | This song was so different from his musical tastes | 而且这首歌与他的音乐品味不同 |
[37:03] | that it suggested she had heard it from someone else. | 意味着斯凯勒是从别人那里听到的 |
[37:07] | Hello, Skyler. | 你好 斯凯勒 |
[37:11] | Hello. I missed you. | 你好 我很想你 |
[37:14] | I missed you, too. | 我也是 |
[37:15] | Could you tell us the last song you were listening to, please? | 你能告诉我们你最后听到的歌是什么吗 |
[37:18] | “Ring My Bell” by Anita Ward. | 安妮塔·沃德的《我的铃声》 |
[37:20] | I like that song. | 我喜欢那首歌 |
[37:22] | Do you want to fool around to it? | 你想现在播放吗 |
[37:24] | No, not right now. | 不 现在不要 |
[37:25] | Could you all take out your cell phones, please? | 请拿出你们的手机 |
[37:29] | You’ll remember you gave your numbers to my colleagues | 还记得昨天我的同事询问你们时 |
[37:31] | when they interviewed you yesterday. | 你们把手机号给了他们 |
[37:36] | You seemed the most reluctant to take out your phone, | 你看上去最不情愿拿出手机 |
[37:39] | so I think I’ll try you first. | 那我就先试你的号码 |
[37:42] | *You can ring my bell* | *你可以打我的电话* |
[37:46] | *Ring my bell* | *打我的电话* |
[37:50] | *You can…* | *你可以* |
[37:51] | Your ringtone is gonna be enough | 你的手机铃声足以 |
[37:53] | to get us a search warrant for your home, | 让我们申请一张搜查令搜查你家 |
[37:55] | see if you’re in possession of a nine-millimeter handgun. | 看你是否拥有一把九毫米口径的手枪 |
[37:58] | It will also let us look up what cell towers | 它还能告诉我们 |
[38:00] | your phone was pinging off of at the time | 当布鲁斯·德拉莫尔被杀时 |
[38:02] | Bruce Deramore was murdered. | 你身在何处 |
[38:04] | Pretty sure it’ll turn out you were at his place. | 我敢肯定会证明你就在他家 |
[38:07] | Or you could save us all some trouble, | 或者你可以帮我们节省时间 |
[38:09] | confirm what we already know. | 证实我们已知的事情 |
[38:11] | You do that, we’ll put in a good word with the D.A. | 如果这样 我们会跟地检说你主动配合 |
[38:22] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[38:24] | I got your message you’re ready to talk. | 我收到你的信息说你准备好谈谈了 |
[38:26] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢赏脸 |
[38:28] | In here okay? | 这里可以吗 |
[38:33] | Going to sweat me in the box, are you? | 想用审讯室震慑我 是吗 |
[38:37] | It’s just a room. | 只是个房间 |
[38:39] | You’ve made an error in judgment about me. | 你对我的判断有误 |
[38:42] | About the friendships I’ve made. | 关于我的朋友们 |
[38:45] | Since coming to New York, | 自从我来到纽约 |
[38:46] | I’ve had the great privilege to be called friend | 我有幸被几个世界上最好的人 |
[38:48] | by some of the finest people on Earth. | 称为朋友 |
[38:51] | I didn’t deserve their friendship, | 我并不值得他们的友情 |
[38:52] | but they gave it nonetheless. | 但他们还是愿意和我做朋友 |
[38:56] | There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for Marcus Bell, | 我愿意为马库斯·贝尔做任何事 |
[38:58] | and I will not allow you to stand in the way of his success. | 而且我不允许你阻碍他的成功 |
[39:06] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[39:07] | It’s a contact of mine. | 我的一个联系人 |
[39:08] | He’s currently looking for the new head of security | 他正在为一个大公司招聘 |
[39:11] | at a major company. | 新的安保负责人 |
[39:13] | I recommended you for the job. | 我推荐了你 |
[39:16] | And in truth, I think you would excel at it. | 真心话 我认为你能做得很出色 |
[39:20] | You’ve always said you’ve never achieved | 你一直说自己没有取得 |
[39:22] | the career heights to which you were due. | 应得的职业高点 |
[39:23] | Well, now’s your chance. | 现在是你的机会 |
[39:27] | Starting salary will make your head spin. | 起薪会超出你的想象 |
[39:30] | So, if you want it, the job’s yours. | 如果你愿意 这份工作就是你的 |
[39:33] | You’ll resign your position at the college, | 你辞去现在大学的职位 |
[39:35] | effective immediately, | 立即生效 |
[39:36] | and someone else will step in to teach your class. | 会有其他老师教授你的课程 |
[39:40] | Meaning your man Bell will be allowed in. | 意味着你的兄弟贝尔可以上课了 |
[39:44] | You’ll win again. | 你又赢了 |
[39:47] | If you decide not to accept my offer, | 如果你不接受我的提议 |
[39:49] | if you persist in standing in his way, | 坚持要做绊脚石 |
[39:53] | then you will make an enemy of me. | 那我将成为你的敌人 |
[39:56] | You might have seen me as an enemy before, | 也许一直以为你都认为我是你的敌人 |
[39:58] | but I assure you, Baynes… | 但我向你保证 贝恩斯 |
[40:00] | I never was. | 我从来不是 |
[40:04] | You will not like having me as an enemy. | 你不会喜欢我做你的敌人 |
[40:09] | The choice is yours. | 选择权在你手上 |
[40:22] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[40:32] | Marcus, will you please help me? | 马库斯 你能帮我吗 |
[40:34] | Help you what? | 帮你什么 |
[40:36] | Help me escape. | 帮我逃走 |
[40:39] | I’m sorry, how is that? | 不好意思 什么情况 |
[40:41] | I did it, Marcus. | 是我干的 马库斯 |
[40:43] | I killed Bruce Deramore. | 我杀了布鲁斯·德拉莫尔 |
[40:45] | I fooled them all. | 我骗了所有人 |
[40:47] | Will you take me home with you? | 你能带我回家吗 |
[40:51] | I’ll also kill Professor Baynes for you, | 我也会替你杀了贝恩斯教授 |
[40:54] | if you ask me nicely. | 如果你好好求我 |
[40:59] | Sherlock! | 夏洛克 |
[41:03] | I see you learned some new tricks with Skyler. | 看来你学到了使用斯凯勒的新技俩 |
[41:05] | Yeah, I called Mr. Lubbock, the head of the company. | 是的 我给公司老板拉博克先生打电话了 |
[41:07] | Asked him to, uh, take me through giving her a preset script. | 请教了他如何给斯凯勒导入预设台词 |
[41:10] | Look, I wanted you to know, | 听着 我想告诉你 |
[41:12] | I sorted everything out with Baynes. | 我和贝恩斯的恩怨已经结了 |
[41:14] | If you call the school, | 如果你给学校打电话 |
[41:16] | you’ll find you’ve been registered in the class that you need. | 会发现你已经注册了所需的课程 |
[41:19] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:22] | Uh, look, if you see Watson out there, | 听着 如果你看到华生 |
[41:24] | could you just give me a minute, then, uh, send her in? | 提前告诉我 然后带她过来好吗 |
[41:27] | You’re not… | 你该不会 |
[41:28] | If you think I don’t plan to provide her | 如果你认为我没有为她准备 |
[41:30] | with a similar performance, | 一个差不多的表演 |
[41:31] | then you’re not the detective I thought you were. | 那你就没我想象的那么机灵 |
[41:39] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[41:41] | I see the captain. | 我看到警监了 |
[41:43] | Well, that’s even better. | 那更好 |