时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Detective Marcus Bell? | 马库斯·贝尔探员 |
[00:03] | Deputy Strider Lincoln, U.S. Marshals Service. | 执行警官斯崔德·林肯 美国法警署的 |
[00:05] | My bosses hear good things about you. | 我的上司听说了很多关于你的好事 |
[00:06] | They’d like you to consider putting in an application. | 他们希望你能考虑提交一份申请 |
[00:09] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[00:10] | You’re too good a detective. | 你当警探屈才了 |
[00:12] | So I want something better for you. | 所以我想让你拥有更好的事业 |
[00:13] | Something… Something more. | 更大…更好的机会 |
[00:14] | If you decide to see this thing through, | 如果你想去做 |
[00:17] | I’d be so proud of you. | 我会非常为你骄傲 |
[00:19] | I put in my application to the Marshals Service. | 我会申请加入法警署 |
[00:22] | I report to training at Glynco in six months. | 我会在六个月内去格林科进行培训 |
[00:25] | Six months notice. | 提前六个月通知 |
[00:27] | That’s more than fair. | 很公平了 |
[00:35] | Detective Grimes. | 格兰姆斯警探 |
[00:37] | Holmes. | 福尔摩斯 |
[00:42] | – Didn’t know you were into scuba. – I’m not. | -不知道你还喜欢水肺潜水 -我不喜欢 |
[00:45] | I needed this equipment to check on some pig carcasses | 我需要这个设备去检查我之前 |
[00:47] | I submerged in several bodies of water outside the city. | 埋在城外水里的几头猪的尸体 |
[00:50] | I’m doing an experiment in taphonomy. | 我在做一个埋葬学的实验 |
[00:52] | It’s the study of how organisms decay. | 研究器官是如何腐烂的 |
[00:55] | I didn’t hurt any of the pigs. | 我没有伤害任何一头猪 |
[00:56] | They were dead when I got them, in case you were wondering. | 以免你好奇 它们到我手上的时候已经死了 |
[01:01] | I have to go to work. | 我得去工作了 |
[01:03] | We’ll talk soon, okay? | 我们回头再聊 好吧 |
[01:18] | Returning to the scene of the crime? | 回来案发现场吗 |
[01:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[01:22] | Crossed paths with Detective Grimes downstairs. | 我跟格兰姆斯警探在楼下遇上了 |
[01:25] | Yeah, well, I had dinner with him last night, | 是的 我昨晚和他吃了晚饭 |
[01:26] | and one thing led to another. | 自然而然发展到了另一件事 |
[01:28] | “One thing” often does. | 事情真是经常如此发展 |
[01:30] | Need I remind you we had plans for that man? | 需要我提醒你 我们对那人有别的计划吗 |
[01:33] | – No. – So you do realize | -不用 -所以你知道 |
[01:34] | how sleeping with him could affect those plans? | 跟他睡觉可能会影响到这些计划吧 |
[01:37] | – Sure, but… – No buts. | -知道 但是… -没有但是 |
[01:38] | I thought you weren’t even into Grimes. | 我以为你根本不喜欢格兰姆斯 |
[01:40] | I’m not. | 我不喜欢 |
[01:41] | Then what’s the big deal? | 那你反应这么大干什么 |
[01:42] | The big deal is that you have effectively taken a player | 反应大是因为你已经有效地 |
[01:45] | off the board, so we should have discussed it first. | 让一位玩家出局了 我们应该先讨论的 |
[01:47] | I’m not gonna call you every time I’m gonna have sex. | 我可不会每次跟人上床前都给你打电话 |
[01:49] | If you’re worrying about inconveniencing me, don’t. | 如果你担心打电话会打扰我 不需要 |
[01:51] | What’s one phone call every two to three years? | 每两三年打一个的电话算什么 |
[01:54] | The other day, I thought we agreed | 那天 我以为我们达成一致了 |
[01:55] | that Lena Romero was our top choice. | 莉娜·罗梅罗是我们的最佳选择 |
[01:57] | We did. In point of fact, I was planning to bring her | 是的 实际上 我本来计划 |
[01:59] | to the captain’s attention this morning. | 今早跟警监提她的 |
[02:01] | With your approval, of course. | 当然 是要在你同意之后 |
[02:04] | Sure. | 好的 |
[02:05] | Excellent. | 极好 |
[02:06] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[02:07] | just do your best not to sleep with her. | 尽量努力不要跟她睡了 |
[02:12] | The last time I saw Irma | 我最后一次见到厄玛 |
[02:13] | was just after 6:00 last night. | 是昨晚六点刚过的时候 |
[02:16] | My girls have been threatened before, | 我的小可爱们以前被威胁过 |
[02:18] | but I never thought anybody would kidnap one. | 但我从来没想过有人会绑架它们 |
[02:20] | Now, just so we’re clear, ma’am, | 我们想先确认 女士 |
[02:22] | Irma is one of your chickens? | 厄玛是你的一只鸡 |
[02:24] | Some people didn’t like that we were here. | 有些人不喜欢我们在这里 |
[02:26] | They said this was a community garden, | 他们说这是个社区花园 |
[02:27] | not a community farm, but I told them– | 不是社区农场 但我跟他们说 |
[02:30] | the commercial egg farming industry is a mess. | 商业鸡蛋养殖行业一团糟 |
[02:33] | The way they treat their chickens… | 他们对待鸡的态度 |
[02:35] | It’s a disgrace. If I’m going to eat eggs, | 糟糕到丢人 如果我要继续吃鸡蛋 |
[02:37] | I want to know they came from chickens that were loved. | 我希望知道它们来自被人爱护的鸡 |
[02:40] | Chickens that were happy. | 幸福快乐的鸡 |
[02:42] | I’m assuming the threats you mentioned | 我想你提到的威胁 |
[02:43] | came from your neighbors. | 来自你的邻居们 |
[02:44] | One neighbor, really. | 其实就一个邻居 |
[02:45] | And it wasn’t a threat so much as a complaint. | 也不算威胁 就是抱怨 |
[02:48] | Mr. Bembenek. That’s his plot over there. | 贝贝克先生 那边是他的地皮 |
[02:52] | He thought the girls were noisy. | 他觉得母鸡们太吵了 |
[02:55] | If he is the one who has Irma, | 如果是他带走了厄玛 |
[02:56] | I don’t even want to press charges. | 我都不想起诉 |
[02:58] | – I just want her back. – Ma’am, when we pulled up, | -我只想要回它 -女士 我们停车的时候 |
[03:00] | you offered some water from your apartment. | 你说要去公寓给我们倒点水来着 |
[03:02] | Can we still take you up on that? | 能麻烦您去一趟吗 |
[03:04] | Of course. | 当然 |
[03:05] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[03:08] | I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you found Irma. | 我有个大胆的假设 你找到厄玛了 |
[03:10] | Yeah. Someone cut her head off. | 是的 有人把它的头砍了 |
[03:13] | 11 George to Central. | 11局乔治呼叫中心 |
[03:15] | Be advised we have the victim of a homicide at this location. | 通知 我们这里有个凶杀案的死者 |
[03:18] | Please have a patrol supervisor and the squad respond. | 请派巡逻管理员和小队来 |
[03:21] | 11 George, copy that. | 11局乔治 收到 |
[03:22] | You called in the squad for a chicken? | 你为了一只鸡叫了一队人来 |
[03:26] | She’s not the only one missing her head. | 不只是那只鸡少了它的头 |
[04:04] | Victim’s name was Gabriel Rojas. | 死者叫加布里埃尔·罗哈斯 |
[04:06] | How do we know? | 我们怎么知道的 |
[04:07] | His wallet was in his pocket. | 他的口袋里有他的钱包 |
[04:09] | He was a professor of religion | 他是一名宗教教授 |
[04:11] | at Jackson Heights Community College. | 来自杰克逊高地社区大学 |
[04:13] | It’s a city job, so they had his fingerprints on file. | 这是城市工作 所以他的指纹有记录 |
[04:16] | Good thing, too. ‘Cause whoever cut off his head | 这也是好事 因为把他的头砍掉的人 |
[04:18] | took it with them when they were done. | 在结束之后把头带走了 |
[04:20] | Says the cause of death is unknown. | 这上面说死因未知 |
[04:22] | Lack of blood loss indicates | 失血量不大说明 |
[04:23] | he was killed before he was decapitated. | 他在被斩首之前就死了 |
[04:25] | Negative tox screen and | 毒理检测呈阴性 |
[04:27] | the absence of any other wounds makes me think | 也没有其他伤口 这让我觉得 |
[04:29] | head trauma, probably bullet or blunt object. | 致命伤在头部 可能是枪伤或钝器击伤 |
[04:32] | We won’t know for sure | 我们没法确定 |
[04:33] | until the head turns up. | 除非那颗头出现 |
[04:34] | If it turns up. | 如果会出现的话 |
[04:36] | You said the murder appeared occult in nature. | 你说这起谋杀有些神秘 |
[04:38] | Medicolegal investigator spotted this | 法医调查员在达到现场时 |
[04:41] | jammed into the stump | 发现这个 |
[04:42] | when she reported to the scene. | 插在尸体上 |
[04:43] | It’s a chicken head. | 这是个鸡头 |
[04:45] | There were also some melted candles around the body. | 尸体周围还有一些融化的蜡烛 |
[04:48] | Does that mean necessarily that the killer | 这是不是能说明凶手 |
[04:50] | was performing some sort of ritual? | 在进行某种宗教仪式 |
[04:52] | No, but it’s weird. | 不一定 但反正很奇怪 |
[04:54] | The killer was, in all likelihood, performing a ritual. | 凶手很可能确实是在进行某种仪式 |
[04:57] | The ritual of obfuscation. Criminals have, for centuries, | 迷惑仪式 几个世纪以来罪犯们 |
[05:00] | used occult rites and symbols to distract | 会用各种神秘的仪式和符号 |
[05:02] | law enforcement from the true nature of their crimes. | 让执法部门混淆他们罪行的本质 |
[05:04] | I myself worked a string of murders in Brixton | 我自己在布里斯顿破过一系列谋杀案 |
[05:06] | where four vagrants, poisoned with strychnine, | 四个流浪汉被马钱子碱毒死 |
[05:08] | were found with Communion wafers | 他们的额头上 |
[05:10] | nailed to their foreheads. | 都钉着圣餐饼 |
[05:11] | So, while the police rounded up the local Satanists, | 所以警察把当地的撒旦崇拜者都集中了起来 |
[05:14] | I realized that the actual killer was a vicar’s wife | 而我发现真正的凶手是一位牧师的妻子 |
[05:16] | who had taken out insurance policies on the lot of them. | 她给他们买了保险 |
[05:19] | I don’t know. Richard Ramirez drew pentagrams | 我说不好 理查德·拉米雷兹会在 |
[05:21] | on all of his victims’ houses, | 受害者的房子上画五角星 |
[05:22] | and he wasn’t trying to obfuscate anything. | 他可没想混淆什么 |
[05:25] | So, where is the chicken’s body? | 鸡的身子在哪 |
[05:27] | Lab. | 实验室 |
[05:28] | It put up a fight before it died. | 它临死前反抗过 |
[05:29] | There was blood on its talons | 它的爪子里有血迹 |
[05:30] | that we think came from the killer. | 我们觉得是凶手的 |
[05:32] | Any luck, his DNA is in the system. | 幸运的话 系统里会有他的DNA |
[05:38] | Captain says there’s someone at the precinct | 警监说有人去了局里 |
[05:40] | who’s pretty sure this was a legit occult murder. | 说很确定这是一起神秘谋杀事件 |
[05:43] | Painted face, stovepipe hat? | 大花脸 大礼帽 |
[05:45] | String of shrunken heads around his neck? | 脖子上挂着一串萎缩的动物头吗 |
[05:47] | No. Guy isn’t a witch doctor. | 不 那家伙不是巫医 |
[05:49] | He’s a New York City councilman. | 他是纽约市议员 |
[05:53] | I appreciate you taking the time to meet me. | 谢谢你们抽时间见我 |
[05:57] | Gabriel was a good man, a good friend. | 加布里埃尔是个好人 好朋友 |
[06:02] | When my chief of staff told me how he died, | 我的幕僚长告诉我他的死讯时 |
[06:05] | I realized that I had to speak to someone. | 我意识到我得找人谈谈 |
[06:08] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[06:09] | Well, the captain was telling me you already know | 警监告诉我你们已经知道了 |
[06:11] | that Gabriel was a professor of religion, | 加布里埃尔是宗教学教授 |
[06:14] | but has anyone spoken to you about his other… | 但有没有人跟你们说过他的另一份 |
[06:17] | job? | 工作 |
[06:20] | He was an expert in the occult. | 他是神秘学的专家 |
[06:22] | He wrote extensively on | 他的著作涉及 |
[06:25] | different arcane religions. | 各种不同的神秘宗教 |
[06:27] | Uh, Satanism, | 撒旦教 |
[06:29] | Santeria, Wicca. | 萨泰里阿教 威卡教 |
[06:31] | Whenever the police or FBI | 每当警察或者联调局 |
[06:34] | came across a case that had occult elements, | 遇到带有神秘元素的案件 |
[06:37] | they would ask for his help. | 他们就会寻求他的帮助 |
[06:38] | He was able to identify, for example, | 比如他曾辨认出了 |
[06:41] | that a series of pet mutilations in Illinois | 伊利诺伊州的一系列宠物虐杀事件 |
[06:44] | were the work of someone who had read | 是有人读了撒旦教教义 |
[06:46] | a passage in a Satanic text, | 里面的一段文字 |
[06:48] | and he traced it to the man | 他追踪到了那个 |
[06:50] | who had harmed the animals. | 伤害动物的人 |
[06:51] | Another time, he was asked | 还有一次 他被请去 |
[06:57] | into the back of a woman who was murdered. | 背上刻着的记号 |
[07:01] | The message that he revealed | 他解读出的信息 |
[07:03] | led to the killer, and he was arrested. | 指向了凶手 凶手被绳之以法 |
[07:06] | Obviously, you have not had a need | 显然你们11分局此前 |
[07:08] | for his expertise here in the 11th. | 没有对他专业技术的需求 |
[07:11] | No. This is our first occult killing. | 对 这是我们的第一起神秘学谋杀案 |
[07:14] | It’s my 20th. | 这是我的第20起 |
[07:16] | In my experience, Councilman, the occult is used, | 根据我的经验 议员 神秘学 |
[07:18] | more often than not, to distract law enforcement. | 通常是被用来迷惑执法部门的 |
[07:20] | The criminals who implement it | 罪犯加入这些元素 |
[07:22] | want us to look one way | 是想把我们指向 |
[07:23] | while they shuffle off in another. | 错误的方向 |
[07:26] | In my experience, occult crimes equal | 根据我的经验 神秘的犯罪等于 |
[07:29] | occult criminals. | 神秘的罪犯 |
[07:30] | They truly believe in what they’re doing. | 他们真的相信自己所做的事 |
[07:32] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:35] | Two years ago, a grave was desecrated | 两年前 我辖区里的一个公墓 |
[07:39] | in a cemetery in my district. | 有人亵渎坟墓 |
[07:41] | Someone broke into a crypt and stole the skull of a man | 有人闯入墓室偷出了一个人的头骨 |
[07:44] | who had died a few years earlier. | 那人死于几年前 |
[07:46] | That was how I met Gabriel. | 我就是这么认识加布里埃尔的 |
[07:48] | I was referred to him. | 有人给我推荐了他 |
[07:50] | He thought it was a practitioner of something called… | 他认为那是一种叫作… |
[07:54] | Palo Mayombe. | 帕罗·梅姆的仪式 |
[07:55] | It’s a black magic offshoot of Santeria. | 这是萨泰里阿教的一种黑魔法 |
[07:57] | Notable for its pantheon of colorful spirits | 特点是它供奉各种神灵 |
[07:59] | and a belief that certain vessels– | 并相信特定的容器 |
[08:01] | human bones, in particular– contain special powers. | 尤其是人骨 包含特殊的力量 |
[08:06] | I’d never heard of it. | 我之前从没听说过 |
[08:07] | Neither had the police. | 警方也一样 |
[08:08] | But they asked around, and they discovered | 但他们四处走访了一下 然后发现 |
[08:10] | that a young man who lived nearby had once | 住在附近的一个年轻人曾经 |
[08:12] | claimed that it was his religion. | 声称那是他的宗教 |
[08:14] | They went to his house. | 他们去了他家 |
[08:16] | They found the skull in an iron cauldron in the basement. | 在地下室的一个铁锅里找到了头骨 |
[08:20] | Thanks to Gabriel, the man is in prison, | 多亏了加布里埃尔 那个人进了监狱 |
[08:22] | but what if he had followers? | 但如果他有追随者呢 |
[08:25] | What if they killed Gabriel to avenge him? | 如果他们出于报复杀了他呢 |
[08:31] | So, who’s up for a trip to see the guy | 谁想去看看那个两年前 |
[08:33] | who stole the skull two years ago? | 偷了头骨的家伙 |
[08:35] | – Watson is. – I am? | -华生想去 -我想吗 |
[08:37] | Yeah. I’m gonna pay a visit | 对 我要去拜访一下 |
[08:38] | to Jackson Heights Community College, | 杰克逊高地社区大学 |
[08:39] | see if someone there can point us in the direction | 看看那里有没有人能给我们指出 |
[08:41] | of a suspect less absurd than the disciple | 一个比在监狱里的盗墓者 |
[08:43] | of an imprisoned grave robber. | 更靠谱的嫌疑人 |
[08:45] | But first, I have to talk to the captain. | 但首先 我要跟警监谈谈 |
[08:52] | Do you have a moment? | 你有时间吗 |
[08:53] | – Sure. – Yeah. Um… | -当然 -好 |
[08:56] | Would you agree I’m an excellent judge of character? | 你同意我是个不错的性格评价者吗 |
[08:59] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:00] | Well, I recently had the pleasure | 我最近很荣幸地 |
[09:01] | of making the acquaintance of a Lena Romero. | 认识了一位莉娜·罗梅罗 |
[09:03] | She’s a detective out of the 116th. | 她是116分局的警探 |
[09:05] | Now, as it turns out, she’s quite keen on a transfer | 现在她很想调到 |
[09:08] | here to Major Cases. | 重案组来 |
[09:09] | That’s great, but we don’t have any openings right now. | 很好 但我们现在没有空缺的职位 |
[09:12] | But you will. In just a few short months, | 但很快就有了 就在几个月之后 |
[09:15] | Marcus will be leaving us for the U.S. Marshals. | 马库斯要去法警署了 |
[09:16] | And you’ve been looking for someone to replace him? | 你在找人代替他吗 |
[09:19] | Well, not just me. Watson, too. | 不只是我 还有华生 |
[09:21] | She actually liked a detective named Grimes, | 其实她喜欢一位叫格兰姆斯的警探 |
[09:23] | but he fell out of contention late last night. | 但他昨晚失去了竞争资格 |
[09:25] | Now, during the course of her ten-year career, | 在她十年的职业生涯中 |
[09:27] | Detective Romero has been awarded seven | 罗梅罗警探赢得了七次 |
[09:29] | Excellent Police Duty Medals, | 优秀警官奖 |
[09:31] | five Meritorious Police Duty Medals. | 五次功勋警官奖 |
[09:33] | She’s made over 350 arrests. | 她完成了超过350次逮捕 |
[09:34] | Cut the crap, okay? | 不用说了 好吗 |
[09:36] | You’re not looking for the best cop for me. | 你不是在给我找最好的警察 |
[09:37] | You’re looking for the best cop for you. | 是在给你找最好的警察 |
[09:40] | Someone that’ll work with you guys the way Marcus has. | 一个能像马库斯一样跟你们共事的人 |
[09:43] | Watson and I feel that, in order to do our best work, | 我和华生觉得 为了把工作做到最好 |
[09:45] | the chemistry needs to be right. | 默契非常重要 |
[09:46] | I think it’s less about chemistry | 我觉得重要的不是默契 |
[09:47] | and more about a willingness to work | 是跟两个平民 |
[09:49] | with a couple of civilians. | 一起工作的意愿 |
[09:51] | Wouldn’t both be nice? | 两者兼备岂不更好吗 |
[09:54] | What’s wrong with the detectives that work here already? | 已经在这里工作的警探有什么不好 |
[09:57] | Nothing. They are, without doubt, the best of the best. | 没什么 毫无疑问 他们都是最棒的 |
[10:00] | They’re reflections of their captain in every way. | 他们在各方面都跟他们的警监一样 |
[10:02] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[10:04] | You annoy a lot of them. | 他们很多人都很烦你 |
[10:05] | I annoy a lot of them. | 他们很多人都很烦我 |
[10:13] | Who is he again? | 再说一遍他是谁 |
[10:15] | Gabriel Rojas. | 加布里埃尔·罗哈斯 |
[10:16] | He testified at your trial. | 他在你的庭审上作证了 |
[10:18] | He’s the one who told police about Palo Mayombe. | 是他跟警察说了帕罗·梅姆的事 |
[10:21] | Now, thanks to him, they were able to figure out | 多亏了他 警察才能查到 |
[10:22] | that you were the one who stole the skull | 是你从墓室里偷出了 |
[10:24] | from that crypt. | 那颗头骨 |
[10:26] | Oh, yeah. | 对 |
[10:27] | I think he had a mustache back then. | 他那时候好像留着胡子 |
[10:30] | You said someone cut his head off? | 你说有人把他的头砍了 |
[10:32] | You can understand why we wanted to talk to you, right? | 你明白我们为什么想跟你谈吧 |
[10:35] | No. Not really. | 不 不太明白 |
[10:37] | Two years ago, you stole a skull. | 两年前你偷了一颗头骨 |
[10:39] | Now this guy is missing his head. | 现在这个人的脑袋没了 |
[10:41] | You think I killed him? | 你们觉得是我杀了他 |
[10:42] | What, you think I got, like, | 怎么 你们觉得我有 |
[10:44] | teleportation powers or something? | 瞬间移动的特异功能吗 |
[10:46] | No. We don’t think you’re the killer, | 不 我们不认为你是凶手 |
[10:48] | but maybe you know the person who is. | 但也许你知道凶手是谁 |
[10:50] | Maybe you had followers | 也许你有追随者 |
[10:51] | back when you were practicing Palo Mayombe | 在你当年实施帕罗·梅姆的时候 |
[10:53] | and they didn’t like what happened to you. | 而他们不喜欢你的遭遇 |
[10:56] | “Followers”? | 追随者 |
[10:57] | Shoot. I didn’t even have any friends. | 得了吧 我连朋友都没有 |
[10:59] | That’s the whole reason why I did it. | 所以我才会做那些事 |
[11:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[11:03] | I had bullies, okay? | 有人欺负我 好吗 |
[11:05] | Guys beat me up at school like every day. | 学校里每天都有人打我 |
[11:08] | I wanted it to stop. | 我想让一切停下来 |
[11:09] | You thought performing some ritual | 你以为表演一些宗教仪式 |
[11:11] | was gonna make them leave you alone? | 就能让他们放过你 |
[11:13] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:14] | But not the way you guys are thinking. | 但不是你们想的那样 |
[11:16] | I never even believed in Palo Mayombe. | 我根本没信过帕罗·梅姆 |
[11:18] | It was just this freaky thing my Cuban grandmother | 那只是我的古巴奶奶 |
[11:20] | used to tell me stories of. Scary stories. | 给我讲的故事 恐怖故事 |
[11:23] | I thought that if people thought | 我以为如果人们觉得 |
[11:24] | I can curse them or something, | 我能诅咒他们之类的 |
[11:25] | then maybe they’d leave me alone. | 也许他们就会放过我 |
[11:28] | I told them I took the skull. | 我告诉他们我把头骨拿走了 |
[11:30] | I wanted them to know. | 我想让他们知道 |
[11:31] | It didn’t work out. | 但是没用 |
[11:33] | I got beat up more, and then I got arrested. | 我被打得更厉害 然后就被捕了 |
[11:38] | Look, I’m sorry this man is dead, | 我很遗憾这个男人死了 |
[11:40] | but I had nothing to do with it. | 但我跟这件事毫无关系 |
[11:54] | How went your visit with the high priest of Palo Mayombe? | 跟帕罗·梅姆的大祭司谈得如何 |
[11:58] | Poorly. Marcus and I don’t | 不尽如意 马库斯和我 |
[11:59] | think he had anything to do with the murder. | 都不认为他和这起谋杀案有关 |
[12:01] | How’d it go at the community college? | 社区大学那边怎么样 |
[12:03] | Also poorly. All I learned was that Professor Rojas | 也不如意 我只发现了罗哈斯教授 |
[12:06] | was beloved by students and faculty alike. | 深受学生和教员们的爱戴 |
[12:09] | According to them, he didn’t have an enemy in the world, | 据他们所说 他在这世上没有任何仇人 |
[12:12] | supernatural or otherwise. | 超自然的或别的都没有 |
[12:13] | Marcus reached out to a few other | 马库斯联系了全国各地的 |
[12:15] | occult experts around the country, | 一些神秘学专家 |
[12:16] | but none of them knew | 但是没人清楚 |
[12:17] | what to make of the killer’s M.O. | 这个凶手的作案手法 |
[12:18] | They thought that he could be | 他们觉得他可能是在 |
[12:19] | performing some kind of a ritual. | 进行某种仪式 |
[12:22] | Or he could just be a nutter. | 也可能他只是疯了 |
[12:25] | How’d it go with the captain? | 跟警监谈得如何 |
[12:27] | He’s agreed to meet with Detective Romero. | 他同意和罗梅罗警探见面 |
[12:29] | – Well, that’s great. – We’ll see. | -那太好了 -再说吧 |
[12:30] | If she presents as impressively to him | 如果她的表现让他和我们一样 |
[12:32] | as she did to us, then we’re in good shape. | 印象深刻 那就好说了 |
[12:34] | And if she doesn’t? | 如果她表现不好呢 |
[12:36] | I suppose I’ll have little choice but to sabotage | 那我想我别无选择 只能去破坏 |
[12:37] | Marcus’s training with the Marshals. | 马库斯在法警那边的训练了 |
[12:39] | You’re joking, right? | 你在开玩笑 对吧 |
[12:40] | Probably. | 也许吧 |
[12:43] | What the hell was that? | 什么情况 |
[12:55] | Anything? | 有发现吗 |
[12:56] | No. They ran away. | 没有 他们跑了 |
[13:00] | Too much to hope | 不能寄希望于 |
[13:00] | we were the random targets of | 我们只是一些被人遗忘的 |
[13:02] | some oblivious young vandal? | 年轻野蛮人的随机目标吧 |
[13:03] | Yeah, definitely. | 当然 |
[13:07] | 去找维加神父 他知道是谁 杀了加布里埃尔·罗哈斯 | |
[13:18] | Father Vega. | 维加神父 |
[13:20] | I’m Joan Watson. This is Sherlock, my partner. | 我是乔恩·华生 这位是我的搭档夏洛克 |
[13:22] | We work with the NYPD. | 我们和纽约警局共事 |
[13:24] | We’re investigating the murder of Gabriel Rojas. | 我们在调查加布里埃尔·罗哈斯的谋杀案 |
[13:28] | You knew him? | 你认识他吗 |
[13:30] | Gabriel was one of my parishioners. | 加布里埃尔曾是我的一名教区居民 |
[13:32] | He was also my friend. | 也曾是我的朋友 |
[13:34] | Do you know the particulars of his murder? | 你知道他的谋杀案很特别吗 |
[13:37] | I know they took his head. | 我知道他们拿走了他的头部 |
[13:39] | They said so on the news. | 新闻上是这么说的 |
[13:40] | There is a rumor going around the church | 教堂四周有一些传闻 |
[13:42] | that says this had something to do with a case | 说这跟他几年前协助警方办的 |
[13:44] | he assisted the police with several years ago? | 一个案子有关 |
[13:47] | Cerio Cristobal. | 塞里奥·克里斯托瓦尔 |
[13:49] | The kid who took the skull from the crypt. | 从教堂地下室拿走头骨的那个孩子 |
[13:50] | Yes, I believe that is the name. Why? | 是的 我记得是这个名字 怎么了 |
[13:54] | Well, we were hoping that you could provide us | 我们希望你能够给我们提供 |
[13:55] | with an alternate theory. | 另一个版本的故事 |
[13:57] | Me? | 我 |
[13:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[13:59] | Someone… | 有人 |
[14:01] | threw this through our window last night. | 昨晚把这个扔进了我们的窗户 |
[14:08] | I’m sorry, I do not know who killed Gabriel. | 我很抱歉 但我不知道是谁杀了加布里埃尔 |
[14:11] | But I do know who the person who wrote this note | 不过我的确知道写这些话的人 |
[14:13] | thinks is responsible. | 认为谁该为此负责 |
[14:17] | The name is on the bottle. | 名字就在酒瓶上 |
[14:21] | Champerico Rum? | 钱佩里科朗姆酒 |
[14:28] | Gabriel, like myself, | 加布里埃尔和我一样 |
[14:29] | is originally from Guatemala. | 来自危地马拉 |
[14:32] | Champerico Rum has a distillery and | 钱佩里科朗姆酒公司在那里 |
[14:34] | a bottling plant there. | 有一家酿酒厂和装瓶厂 |
[14:36] | Provides many jobs, | 提供了许多工作 |
[14:37] | but the conditions are very bad. | 但是工作环境非常槽糕 |
[14:39] | Workers who have tried to unionize | 想要加入工会的工人们 |
[14:41] | are targeted by the MAGL. | 都被MAGL当作目标了 |
[14:44] | Movimiento Armado para una Guatemala Libre. | 全称是危地马拉自由武装运动组织 |
[14:46] | It’s a paramilitary group. | 这是个非法军事组织 |
[14:48] | “Armed Movement for a Free Guatemala.” | 为危地马拉自由而战的武装运动 |
[14:50] | Some workers have been beaten by their soldiers. | 有些工人们曾经被他们的士兵们殴打 |
[14:52] | Others have been killed. | 甚至有些人被杀害 |
[14:55] | Now, why would a paramilitary group care if | 为什么一个非法军事组织会关心 |
[14:57] | Champerico workers are trying to unionize? | 钱佩里科的工人们是否想加入工会呢 |
[14:59] | That is a good question. | 这是个好问题 |
[15:01] | The prevailing theory is that | 最普遍的说法是 |
[15:03] | MAGL has an arrangement with Champerico Rum. | MAGL和钱佩里科朗姆酒公司达成了协议 |
[15:07] | They are paid to terrorize the workers. | 他们被雇来恐吓工人 |
[15:10] | Not an uncommon practice in that part of the world. | 这在那种地方并不少见 |
[15:13] | Whatever the price, I’m sure it’s far less | 不管他们出价多少 我肯定那远远不够 |
[15:14] | than allowing a union to form. | 去成立一个工会 |
[15:16] | So, why would Champerico have wanted to kill Gabriel? | 所以 钱佩里科为什么想杀加布里埃尔 |
[15:19] | Gabriel had a nephew who worked at the plant. | 加布里埃尔有个侄子在工厂工作 |
[15:21] | Ivan. When Ivan tried to organize a walkout, | 他叫伊凡 他曾想组织一次罢工 |
[15:24] | MAGL soldiers dragged him from his home, | MAGL的士兵们把他从家里拖出来 |
[15:26] | drove away in a car. | 开车带走了 |
[15:27] | He has not been heard from again. | 从此杳无音讯 |
[15:31] | Gabriel, he stayed in touch | 加布里埃尔 他和他的朋友们 |
[15:32] | with his friends, one of them a woman. | 保持着联系 其中一个是个女性 |
[15:36] | Valentina Duran. | 叫瓦伦蒂娜·杜兰 |
[15:37] | She was exceptionally bright, exceptionally strong. | 她格外聪慧 也格外强壮 |
[15:39] | She, like Ivan, worked at the Champerico plant. | 她和伊凡一样在钱佩里科的工厂工作 |
[15:42] | And like Ivan, she was determined to see a union form. | 而且她也和伊凡一样 决心看到工会的成立 |
[15:46] | Gabriel and I put her in contact | 加布里埃尔和我帮她联系上了 |
[15:47] | with an American group, | 一个美国组织 |
[15:50] | a federation of unions who does work | 一个工会联合会 |
[15:52] | to organize labor in other countries. | 主要负责组织国外务工事宜 |
[15:54] | Two weeks ago, she came here to meet with them | 两周前 她来这里见他们 |
[15:58] | and promptly disappeared. | 随后马上就消失了 |
[16:01] | So you think | 所以你认为 |
[16:02] | whoever threw that bottle | 扔这个瓶子的人 |
[16:03] | believes that Champerico was responsible. | 觉得那个钱佩里科和这件事有关 |
[16:06] | Gabriel and I certainly found it suspicious. | 加布里埃尔和我自然觉得很可疑 |
[16:10] | The police looked into Valentina’s disappearance | 警察调查了瓦伦蒂娜的失踪 |
[16:13] | but came up with very little. | 但没有什么发现 |
[16:15] | Gabriel, as you know, has some experience | 你们也知道 加布里埃尔有一些 |
[16:17] | with criminal investigation. | 犯罪调查的经验 |
[16:18] | He decided to look into the matter himself. | 他决定自己调查这件事 |
[16:21] | Perhaps he came too close to the truth. | 或许他离真相太近了 |
[16:27] | Detective Romero? | 罗梅罗警探 |
[16:29] | Captain Tom Gregson. | 我是汤姆·格雷森警监 |
[16:30] | – Good to meet you. – Likewise. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[16:32] | Come on. We’ll talk in my office. | 来吧 去我办公室谈 |
[16:39] | Please. | 请 |
[16:41] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[16:46] | I, um… I have to admit, | 我得承认 |
[16:48] | when Sherlock and Joan approached me, | 夏洛克和乔恩来找我时 |
[16:50] | I thought it was a joke. | 我还以为他们在开玩笑 |
[16:52] | Two civilians headhunting for Major Case. | 两个平民帮重案组当猎头 |
[16:56] | But then I looked into them and saw the work | 但我仔细查了他们 看到了他们 |
[16:59] | they’ve done here. I was impressed. | 在这里的工作 我被折服了 |
[17:01] | Well, obviously, they felt the same way about you, | 很明显 他们对你也有同样的感觉 |
[17:03] | or you wouldn’t be sitting in that chair. | 不然你就不会坐在那把椅子上了 |
[17:05] | You did some really good work at the 116. | 你在116分局的表现非常出色 |
[17:08] | Why do you want to leave? | 为什么想离开 |
[17:10] | It’s less about leaving there | 重点不是我想离开那里 |
[17:11] | and more about wanting to come here. | 而是我想来这里 |
[17:13] | The work that gets done here, it’s… | 这里的工作 |
[17:15] | some of the most important in the city. | 是本市最为重要的工作之一 |
[17:17] | I want to be a part of it. | 我想参与其中 |
[17:18] | You like the limelight, Romero? | 你喜欢受人瞩目吗 罗梅罗 |
[17:22] | No, sir. It-it’s not like that. | 不 长官 不是那样的 |
[17:24] | I’m not looking to shine my star. | 我并不是想自己出风头 |
[17:26] | I want to challenge myself. | 我想挑战自己 |
[17:28] | I want to help people. | 我想帮助他人 |
[17:30] | Speaking of helping– | 说到帮助 |
[17:31] | how much did Joan and Sherlock tell you about | 乔恩和夏洛克跟你说了多少 |
[17:33] | what they do here? | 关于他们在这里的工作 |
[17:34] | They broke it all down. | 全都说清楚了 |
[17:36] | They said they’re only here by your good graces | 他们说他们是受你青睐才来的这里 |
[17:37] | and they lend a hand when you ask them to. | 你需要时他们就过来帮忙 |
[17:40] | So they made it clear that if this were to work out, | 所以他们说清楚了如果你来这里工作 |
[17:42] | – you work for me, not for them. – Crystal. | -是给我办事 而不是他们 -说得非常明白 |
[17:45] | They’re good– I can tell– but they are… | 他们很能干 我看得出来 但他们 |
[17:48] | they aren’t sworn members of this department. | 并不算这个部门的正式成员 |
[17:51] | Your old C.O., | 你之前的领导 |
[17:52] | Moira Baker, and I– we came on the job together. | 莫伊拉·贝克 我们共事过 |
[17:56] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[17:58] | I’m gonna be talking to her about you, | 我会跟她聊下你 |
[18:00] | and if she likes you as much as Joan and Sherlock, | 如果她也和乔恩和夏洛克一样喜欢你 |
[18:02] | who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[18:04] | Maybe you got a future here. | 或许你在这里能有不错的发展 |
[18:09] | Is there a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[18:11] | No. | 没有 |
[18:12] | It’s just that if you’re gonna be talking to Lieutenant Baker, | 只是如果你要跟贝克中校聊聊的话 |
[18:16] | then there is something you should know. | 有件事你应该知道 |
[18:18] | Something I didn’t tell Sherlock and Joan. | 有件事我没告诉夏洛克和乔恩 |
[18:23] | That’s Valentina’s passport photo. | 这是瓦伦蒂娜的护照照片 |
[18:25] | I gave it to the other police, | 我把照片给了另一位警官 |
[18:26] | but I thought you might want it, too. | 但我觉得你们也可能想要 |
[18:28] | You’re the one who reported her missing, right? | 是你报案她失踪了 对吗 |
[18:30] | My group had arranged all her travel to New York. | 我的组织已经安排了她去纽约的所有行程 |
[18:33] | We were supposed to meet at our headquarters | 我们本该在她到纽约后的第二天 |
[18:34] | the day after she arrived. | 在总部碰头 |
[18:36] | When she didn’t show, | 但她没出现 |
[18:37] | I called the hotel. | 我打给了酒店 |
[18:38] | They told me she never checked in. | 他们说她一直没有入住 |
[18:39] | That’s when I called the police. | 于是我就报了警 |
[18:41] | It’s our understanding that your group | 据我们所知你的组织 |
[18:43] | helps workers unionize in other countries. | 帮助国外工人组织工会 |
[18:45] | Valentina was coming here so that we could help her strategize. | 瓦伦蒂娜是来这里让我们帮她制定策略的 |
[18:48] | The way Champerico treats its workers is unconscionable. | 钱佩里科对待员工的方式是不合理的 |
[18:51] | We wanted things to change. | 我们想改变那种状况 |
[18:52] | I have to admit, I’m a little surprised | 不得不承认 我有点惊讶 |
[18:54] | an American labor group would be so interested | 一个美国劳工组织会对 |
[18:56] | in helping workers unionize in other countries. | 帮助国外劳工组织工会这么感兴趣 |
[18:59] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[19:00] | Maybe because so many American jobs | 或许因为很多美国的就业机会 |
[19:02] | have gone to other countries. | 都流失到国外去了 |
[19:05] | Respectfully, that’s a very old-school way of looking at it. | 无意冒犯 这种看法已经过时了 |
[19:06] | Most of us get that those jobs are gone. | 我们都明白 那些工作已经没有了 |
[19:08] | They’re not coming back. | 不会再有了 |
[19:10] | Business globalization is here to stay. | 而企业经营全球化趋势不会变 |
[19:11] | The way to fight it is labor globalization. | 对抗它的办法就是劳动全球化 |
[19:15] | That means pushing to improve conditions everywhere, | 这意味着全球都需要改善用工环境 |
[19:17] | not just in the U.S. | 而不仅是美国 |
[19:18] | When wages in other countries go up, | 当国外工资上涨 |
[19:20] | job migration is less attractive to the big companies. | 大型企业对工作迁移的兴趣就会降低 |
[19:23] | More work stays here. | 就会为国内创造更多就业机会 |
[19:25] | Ultimately, are we serving our own self-interests? | 从根本上说 我们是在为自己的利益服务吗 |
[19:28] | Yeah. But in the meantime, we get to give help | 是的 但同时 我们也帮助了 |
[19:30] | to a lot of people who need it. | 很多需要帮助的人 |
[19:32] | In Valentina’s case, we were too late. | 对瓦伦蒂娜来说 我们就出现得太迟了 |
[19:36] | Champerico has committed crimes in New York before, okay? | 钱佩里科之前就在纽约犯过案啊 |
[19:40] | Like what? | 犯过什么案 |
[19:41] | Remember last year, | 还记得去年吗 |
[19:42] | when that grassroots group was pushing the city council | 民间组织推动市参议会 |
[19:45] | to increase the excise tax on alcohol? | 增收酒类的营业税 |
[19:47] | Yes. That money was supposed to | 记得 那笔钱要用于 |
[19:48] | go to addiction-focused health care and recovery support. | 酒精成瘾的医疗和康复项目 |
[19:51] | In the end, the tax was voted down, | 最后这项税的实施被否决了 |
[19:53] | but for months before, the people fighting for that tax | 但几个月前 那些支持增税的人们 |
[19:55] | got hundreds of threatening phone calls. | 接到了几百通恐吓电话 |
[19:58] | “I know where you live.” | “我知道你住在哪里” |
[19:59] | “I know where your children go to school.” | “我知道你孩子上学要走哪条路” |
[20:00] | A few reported being followed by a car with tinted windows. | 还有人报案说被一辆深色玻璃的车跟踪 |
[20:03] | One woman managed to write down a license plate. | 一个女人记下了车牌号 |
[20:06] | Guess who the police were able to trace it back to. | 猜猜警方根据车牌查到了谁 |
[20:08] | Champerico. | 钱佩里科 |
[20:09] | They said the car was stolen. | 他们说那辆车被偷了 |
[20:11] | The police couldn’t prove they were lying, | 警察无法证明他们在撒谎 |
[20:12] | so they had to drop it. | 最后只好作罢 |
[20:13] | Okay, but the tax you’re talking about | 好吧 但是你说的那项税 |
[20:15] | would have affected all alcohol beverage companies, | 会影响到所有酒类供应商 |
[20:18] | not just Champerico, | 不只是钱佩里科 |
[20:19] | so why would they have taken it so personally? | 为什么他们要如此针锋相对 |
[20:20] | They’re smaller. Family-owned. | 他们规模更小 是家庭企业 |
[20:23] | The tax would have hurt them more than the big conglomerates, | 那项税对他们的影响比对大公司的影响更大 |
[20:25] | so they did what they had to. | 所以他们采取了必要措施 |
[20:28] | Just like they did with Valentina. | 就像他们对瓦伦蒂娜做的一样 |
[20:34] | That one’s one of my favorites. | 那一幅是我的最爱 |
[20:37] | It’s from 1963. | 是1963年的 |
[20:39] | Back then, these were posted all over the city. | 当时这些海报贴的满城都是 |
[20:44] | Few years later, my dad passed away. | 几年之后我父亲去世了 |
[20:46] | My mom told marketing to take the devil | 我母亲让市场部的人 |
[20:49] | out of all of our ads. | 把海报上的魔鬼通通去掉了 |
[20:51] | – “Sacrilegious,” She said. – That’s a shame. | -她说这是”亵渎神明” -真遗憾 |
[20:54] | Seems like a good marriage between pitchman and product. | 听起来是商人和产品间的一段美好姻缘 |
[20:57] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[20:58] | Thank you for taking the time to meet with me. | 谢谢您抽空见我 |
[21:00] | When Morland Holmes asks you to take a meeting, | 如果莫兰德·福尔摩斯让你安排会面 |
[21:02] | you take a meeting. | 你就得安排会面 |
[21:03] | About that. Uh, the e-mail you received | 说到这个 您收到的邮件 |
[21:05] | didn’t actually come from my father. | 其实不是我父亲发的 |
[21:06] | I hacked his account. The message was from me. | 我黑了他的账号 那条消息是我发的 |
[21:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:12] | My father’s name holds weight with all the wrong | 我父亲的名字对于坏人们来说 |
[21:14] | kinds of people. I’m not saying that you were one of them, | 总是很有分量 我不是说您也是其中一员 |
[21:15] | of course, but as the owner of a company with profits | 但当然 您作为一家去年盈利 |
[21:18] | in excess of a billion dollars last year, | 超过十亿的公司的老板 |
[21:19] | seemed like a safe bet. | 我这么做会保险一点 |
[21:20] | The truth is, Mr. Treadwell, | 崔德威尔先生 实情是 |
[21:22] | I’m here to discuss the disappearance | 我要跟您讨论一个女人失踪的事 |
[21:23] | of a woman named Valentina Duran. | 她叫瓦伦蒂娜·杜兰 |
[21:27] | I’m sorry. I don’t know that name. | 不好意思 我没听过这名字 |
[21:29] | Next, you’ll be telling me that you don’t pay paramilitaries | 接下来你就会告诉我你没有雇民兵 |
[21:32] | to crush the labor movement at your distillery in Guatemala. | 去打压你在危地马拉的酿酒厂发生的工人运动 |
[21:40] | Nancy, would you get security in here, please? | 南希 你能把保安叫来吗 |
[21:43] | Right away, Mr. Treadwell. | 马上来 崔德威尔先生 |
[21:44] | Now, if I were you, | 现在 如果我是你 |
[21:46] | I’d leave before they get here. | 我会在他们来之前离开这 |
[21:48] | Actually, I was hoping to meet some of your henchmen. | 其实我还挺想见见你的打手 |
[21:50] | I was wondering if one of them was the person | 我在想他们中会不会就有人 |
[21:52] | who cut Gabriel Rojas’s head off. | 砍下了加布埃里尔·罗哈斯的头 |
[21:54] | What? | 什么 |
[21:55] | Gabriel Rojas. | 加布埃里尔·罗哈斯 |
[21:57] | He was decapitated two nights ago. | 他两天前的晚上被砍头了 |
[21:59] | Left in a garden. | 还被丢在了一个花园里 |
[22:01] | The guy on the news? | 新闻上说的那个人吗 |
[22:02] | Yeah. He was investigating | 对 他正在调查 |
[22:03] | the disappearance of Valentina Duran. | 瓦伦蒂娜·杜兰的失踪 |
[22:07] | Um, Nancy, forget security. | 南希 别叫保安了 |
[22:10] | Everything’s fine in here. | 这里没事 |
[22:11] | Understood. | 收到 |
[22:13] | You think we beheaded someone | 你觉得就因为有人调查瓦伦蒂娜·杜兰的事 |
[22:15] | because he was looking into what happened to Valentina Duran. | 我们就把他的头给砍了 |
[22:18] | So the name rings a bell, does it? | 所以你确实听说过这个名字吧 |
[22:21] | Oh, you’ve got a problem. | 你犯了个错误 |
[22:23] | We didn’t have anything to do with what happened to Ms. Duran. | 我们和杜兰小姐的事一点关系都没有 |
[22:27] | And I can prove it. | 而且我能证明这一点 |
[22:32] | Hey, I was just about to call you. | 我正准备打给你 |
[22:34] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -对 |
[22:35] | Marcus and I just wrapped up with the woman | 马库斯和我刚刚对那个上报了瓦伦蒂娜·杜兰 |
[22:37] | who reported Valentina Duran’s disappearance. | 失踪一事的女人做完了问讯 |
[22:39] | I think Gabriel Rojas was right | 我觉得加布里埃尔·罗哈斯 |
[22:40] | to think that Champerico was behind it. | 关于钱佩里科是幕后主使的猜想是对的 |
[22:42] | Yeah, of course he was. | 是的 他就是对的 |
[22:44] | Only one problem. | 但有一个问题 |
[22:45] | Champerico didn’t kill her. | 钱佩里科没有杀她 |
[22:48] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[22:49] | Yeah, I’m positive. I just watched her take out her rubbish. | 对 我很确定 我刚看着她倒了垃圾 |
[22:57] | I live here with five other women from my country. | 我和五个国内的女同胞一起住在这里 |
[23:01] | They have jobs. | 她们都有工作 |
[23:02] | I’m still looking. I have faith. | 我还在找 我有信心 |
[23:04] | My English is good, and I’m a hard worker. | 我英语好 又很勤劳 |
[23:06] | You ran away when you got to New York. Why? | 你到纽约以后就逃跑了 为什么 |
[23:08] | Two months ago, I learned I was pregnant. | 两个月前我发现自己怀孕了 |
[23:11] | The father and I decided | 孩子的父亲和我决定 |
[23:12] | the best thing for our child was for me | 为了孩子好 |
[23:14] | to leave Guatemala and never go back. | 我最好离开危地马拉 永不回去 |
[23:16] | There, I was the target of many threats. | 在那里 我受到了很多威胁 |
[23:19] | I was followed wherever I went. | 不管我去哪儿 都有人跟着 |
[23:21] | We both knew it was only a matter of time | 我们都清楚 |
[23:23] | before the MAGL soldiers came for me, so… | MAGL的人找上我只是时间问题 |
[23:26] | we made a plan. | 所以我们想出了个计划 |
[23:28] | I would take advantage of my trip to New York. | 我可以利用这次纽约行 |
[23:31] | I would come here, and I would disappear. | 我来到这里 然后就此消失 |
[23:34] | Champerico would never know what happened to me. | 钱佩里科永远不会知道我发生了什么 |
[23:37] | Well, I’m sorry to say that Champerico knows exactly | 很遗憾 钱佩里科对你的情况了若指掌 |
[23:39] | what happened to you– ’cause they’re the ones | 因为正是他们 |
[23:40] | who gave me this address. | 给了我你的地址 |
[23:42] | – What? – Their surveillance was not limited to Guatemala, | -什么 -他们的监视范围不只在危地马拉 |
[23:45] | so the second you arrived at JFK, | 你一到肯尼迪机场 |
[23:47] | their people were watching you. | 他们的人就盯上你了 |
[23:49] | If it’s any consolation, | 也许这会让你好受点 |
[23:51] | they seemed to be very pleased | 他们对你决定消失这件事 |
[23:52] | that you decided to disappear yourself. | 感到很满意 |
[23:54] | You seem to have saved them the trouble. | 你为他们省了不少麻烦 |
[23:56] | We know you were friends | 我们知道 |
[23:57] | with the nephew of a man named Gabriel Rojas. | 你和加布里埃尔·罗哈斯的侄子是朋友 |
[24:00] | Were you aware that he was killed the other night? | 你知道他被杀了吗 |
[24:04] | Of course she was. | 她当然知道 |
[24:04] | She’s the one who threw the bottle through our window. | 就是她朝我们窗户扔的瓶子 |
[24:07] | This writing is a match | 那上面的笔迹 |
[24:08] | for the message we received. | 和我们收到的一样 |
[24:10] | It’s yours, isn’t it? | 是你写的 对吗 |
[24:12] | How did you know where we lived? | 你怎么知道我们住在哪儿 |
[24:13] | When Gabriel had died, I looked for more news on my phone. | 加布里埃尔死之后 我用手机看了很多新闻 |
[24:17] | Beneath one of the articles, in the comments section, | 其中一篇文章的评论区里 |
[24:21] | one of Gabriel’s students said | 加布里埃尔的一个学生说 |
[24:23] | there was a detective named Sherlock Holmes | 一个叫夏洛克·福尔摩斯的侦探 |
[24:25] | who had given his business card. | 给了他名片 |
[24:27] | Our address isn’t on my business card. | 我们的地址不在我的名片上 |
[24:28] | I did a search for your name. | 我搜了你的名字 |
[24:30] | I found your address on a Web site | 在一个网站上 |
[24:32] | for something called, uh… | 找到了你的地址 |
[24:34] | Esoopi? | 网址是Esoopi |
[24:35] | The Empire State Order of Private Investigators. | 帝国私人侦探社 |
[24:38] | Our address is on their Web site? | 我们的地址在他们网站上 |
[24:39] | So you sent us to Father Vega because you knew | 所以你让我们去找维加神父 |
[24:42] | he would tell us about Champerico. | 因为你知道他会告诉我们钱佩里科的事 |
[24:44] | You think they were behind Gabriel’s murder. Why? | 你觉得是他们杀了加布里埃尔 为什么 |
[24:47] | Three days ago, Gabriel found me. | 三天前 加布里埃尔找到了我 |
[24:49] | I begged him to forgive me | 我求他原谅我 |
[24:51] | for abandoning our cause, but… | 放弃了我们的大业 但是 |
[24:53] | he said he understood. | 他说他理解 |
[24:55] | He told me he would keep my secret. | 他说他会为我保密 |
[24:58] | He was a very good man. | 他是个很好的人 |
[24:59] | Now, we thought that Champerico Rum was behind Gabriel’s murder | 我们认为钱佩里科朗姆酒的人杀了加布里埃尔 |
[25:03] | because he was investigating your disappearance. | 是因为他在调查你失踪的事 |
[25:05] | They didn’t want him exposing what they had done, | 而钱佩里科不想让他揭露出他们做了什么 |
[25:07] | except they hadn’t done anything. | 但是他们什么也没做 |
[25:09] | They knew you were alive this whole time, | 他们一直都知道你活着 |
[25:11] | so why would they have killed Gabriel? | 既然如此 他们为什么要杀了加布里埃尔 |
[25:13] | Because I gave him something. | 因为我给了他一些东西 |
[25:17] | Something very dangerous. | 一些很危险的东西 |
[25:22] | On the left, soldiers of the MAGL. | 左边 是MAGL的士兵 |
[25:24] | On the right, men working private security | 右边 是危地马拉市 |
[25:26] | for the Champerico management in Guatemala City. | 钱佩里科集团的私人保安 |
[25:29] | Look at the tattoos. | 看他们的纹身 |
[25:30] | Here and here. | 这里和这里 |
[25:33] | They are the same man. | 他们是同一批人 |
[25:35] | The other workers at the plant and I, | 我和种植园里其他的工人 |
[25:37] | we pooled our money and hired a detective. | 一起凑钱请了个侦探 |
[25:40] | We asked him to help us prove | 我们请他帮我们证明 |
[25:41] | there is a link between Champerico | MAGL和钱佩里科 |
[25:43] | and the MAGL. | 之间有联系 |
[25:45] | He took the pictures on the right. | 右边的照片是他拍的 |
[25:47] | When we compared them to the pictures | 我们拿这些照片 |
[25:49] | we already had of the soldiers, | 和我们拍的士兵的照片进行了对比 |
[25:51] | we found many similarities. | 我们发现了许多相似之处 |
[25:53] | Whenever our people are hurt or killed by the MAGL, | 当有人被MAGL的人伤害时 |
[25:57] | Champerico says it’s a coincidence. | 钱佩里科总说是个巧合 |
[26:02] | But these photos show the soldiers | 但这些照片却能证实 |
[26:04] | are on the company’s payroll. | 这些士兵是在钱佩里科集团领工资的 |
[26:06] | They work as bodyguards. | 他们是集团的保镖 |
[26:08] | I believe you, but unfortunately, | 我相信你 但是很遗憾 |
[26:10] | the quality of many of these photographs is poor. | 这些照片的像素太模糊 |
[26:13] | Even if it weren’t, Champerico could say | 就算照片清楚 钱佩里科也可以说 |
[26:15] | that these men hid the fact that they were soldiers. | 是这些人隐瞒了他们的士兵身份 |
[26:17] | Gabriel said the same thing. | 加布里埃尔也是这么说的 |
[26:20] | But before he left, | 但他离开前 |
[26:21] | he asked me to send these to him. | 让我把这些照片发给他 |
[26:23] | He said he would keep studying them, | 他说他会继续研究 |
[26:25] | see if he could find anything useful. | 看能不能找到些有用的东西 |
[26:28] | The next day, he was murdered. | 第二天 他就被谋杀了 |
[26:32] | That can’t be just a coincidence. | 那不可能只是巧合 |
[26:36] | Moira. | 莫伊拉 |
[26:40] | I am… I’m so sorry I’m late. | 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[26:42] | Forget it. I know how the job is. | 没事 我知道你的工作什么样 |
[26:44] | Oh, I thought you would have blocked it out by now. | 我还以为你早该把那些都忘了呢 |
[26:48] | So… | 所以 |
[26:50] | how’s private security treating you? | 私人保安的工作怎么样 |
[26:52] | Well, I’m expensing this Pinot in the middle of the day. | 我在大白天喝皮诺酒 |
[26:55] | Does that answer your question? | 你觉得呢 |
[26:57] | Greener pastures, Tommy. | 绿色农业 汤米 |
[26:59] | You should think about it. | 你应该考虑下 |
[27:00] | I get to take my pension, salary’s great, | 我能拿养老金 工资很不错 |
[27:03] | and I finally leave work at work. | 并且我终于可以在工作期间离开了 |
[27:06] | Do me a favor– don’t ever mention that to my wife. | 帮我个忙 别跟我妻子提起这事 |
[27:11] | So, what’s up? Why’d you want to see me? | 所以怎么了 你为什么想见我 |
[27:13] | Lena Romero. | 莉娜·罗梅罗 |
[27:16] | Thinking about her for Major Case? | 想让她进重案组吗 |
[27:18] | That’s terrific. | 很棒 |
[27:20] | – So, she’s got your mark? – Absolutely. | -所以你推荐她吗 -当然 |
[27:22] | But you already knew that, so why are you here? | 但你早就知道了 所以为什么还来 |
[27:26] | You’ve seen her annual evaluations, | 你看过她的年度评估了 |
[27:28] | and I could’ve given you the thumbs-up on the phone. | 我完全可以在电话里给推荐 |
[27:30] | There was an incident she told me about. | 她告诉了我一件事 |
[27:32] | Happened when she was first starting out. | 发生在她最开始入行的时候 |
[27:34] | She and her partner pulled over someone on an open warrant. | 她和搭档拦下了一个公开通缉令上的人 |
[27:37] | The partner thought he saw the guy go for a gun, | 搭档以为他看到了那人去拿枪 |
[27:39] | so he opened fire. | 所以他就开火了 |
[27:40] | Turned out there was no gun. | 结果发现没有枪 |
[27:42] | So he planted one from his own glove box. | 所以他自己放了一支进去 |
[27:47] | And Romero went along with it. | 而罗梅罗没有阻止 |
[27:49] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[27:52] | She was still green. | 她那时还是新手 |
[27:54] | Tough spot to be in. | 那是个两难的抉择 |
[27:55] | But she came clean. | 但她主动来交待了 |
[27:57] | A week later. | 一周后才去交待的 |
[27:58] | Still, she got in front of it. | 依然 她站了出来 |
[27:59] | And I notice she told you about it too. | 我看到她也告诉你了 |
[28:01] | Yeah, she did. | 是的 没错 |
[28:03] | And believe me… | 相信我 |
[28:05] | that means something. | 这是个好举动 |
[28:07] | But I gotta know– was this an isolated case? | 但我必须知道 这是特例吗 |
[28:10] | Or were there other incidents like that? | 还是说有其他类似的事件 |
[28:14] | Lena’s creative. | 莉娜很有创造力 |
[28:15] | That’s part of why she closes so many cases. | 她能结那么多案子也跟这有关 |
[28:20] | But she keeps her nose clean. | 但她一直很清醒 |
[28:20] | She knows where the line is. | 她知道底线在哪 |
[28:23] | “Creative.” | “有创造力” |
[28:26] | What exactly is that supposed to mean? | 这具体该怎么理解 |
[28:35] | And you’ve turned all the pictures upside down. | 你把所有照片都颠倒过来了 |
[28:38] | I thought we needed a new perspective. | 我觉得我们需要个新视角 |
[28:40] | Because bats have solved so many homicides. | 因为蝙蝠解决了很多谋杀案是吗 |
[28:43] | I have another idea. | 我有另一个想法 |
[28:45] | Maybe we’re not seeing anything | 也许我们在这些照片中 |
[28:46] | in these pictures worth killing over | 找不到值得杀人的动机 |
[28:47] | because there is nothing | 是因为这里没有任何 |
[28:48] | worth killing over in these pictures. | 值得杀人的东西在里边 |
[28:50] | I must concede that is a distinct possibility. | 我必须认同很有这个可能 |
[28:53] | If there’s any great secret that Champerico Rum | 如果有什么重大机密 让钱佩里科朗姆酒 |
[28:55] | wants to keep under wraps, I can’t imagine what it is yet. | 想要将其保护起来 我还想不出是什么 |
[28:58] | Could be you’re right. | 你可能是对的 |
[29:01] | Maybe we’re looking at this whole thing | 也许我们看待这个事件的角度 |
[29:02] | from the wrong angle. | 是错误的 |
[29:05] | Maybe we’re overlooking the most obvious suspect. | 也许我们忽略了最明显的嫌犯 |
[29:07] | Valentina Duran. | 瓦伦蒂娜·杜兰 |
[29:09] | Think about it– she’s been living in hiding. | 想一想 她一直在隐居 |
[29:10] | Maybe she panicked when Gabriel found her, | 也许加布里埃尔找到她时她慌了 |
[29:12] | and then killed him, and then dumped him in that garden. | 因此杀了他 然后将尸体丢入了花园 |
[29:15] | If she killed him, | 如果她杀了他 |
[29:15] | why did she throw a bottle through our window? | 为什么她要从我们窗口扔瓶子近来 |
[29:17] | Maybe she wanted Champerico to take the blame | 也许她想让钱佩里科背黑锅 |
[29:20] | and she knew that Father Vega would point us | 她知道维加神父会将我们指向 |
[29:22] | in their direction and not hers. | 他们的方向 而不是她 |
[29:25] | Or maybe I need sleep. | 或者是我需要睡眠了 |
[29:27] | That seems more likely. | 这似乎更有可能 |
[29:29] | All right, let’s just call it a night. | 好吧 今晚就到这里 |
[29:31] | And we’ll just look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow. | 明天咱们用全新的眼光来看看这案子 |
[29:38] | This is how a bat would look at the problem. | 这是蝙蝠看问题的情景 |
[29:48] | Marcus, it’s late. You’re either calling | 马库斯 这么晚了 你打电话来 |
[29:49] | with very good news or very bad news. | 不是有非常好就是有非常坏的消息 |
[29:51] | I guess that sort of depends. | 我想这要看情况了 |
[29:52] | Gabriel Rojas’s head just turned up. | 加布里埃尔·罗哈斯的头刚出现了 |
[29:55] | Thought you and Joan would want to come see it. | 你和乔恩可能会想来看看 |
[29:58] | Some homeless people sleep here | 有些流浪汉会在不太冷的时候 |
[30:00] | when it’s not too cold. | 睡在这里 |
[30:01] | One of them found this and freaked. | 他们其中一个发现了这个 吓坏了 |
[30:04] | Which is understandable, of course. | 当然是可以理解的 |
[30:06] | Looks like our killer was performing some kind of ritual. | 看起来我们的凶手在进行某种仪式 |
[30:10] | Or they’re just trying to distract us again. | 或者是他们又想分散我们的焦点了 |
[30:15] | He looks different without the toupee, huh? | 他不戴假发看起来不太一样 是吧 |
[30:18] | So that is him? | 那真是他吗 |
[30:19] | Councilman Ledesma. | 莱德斯马议员 |
[30:21] | Captain gave him a call as a courtesy, | 警监出于礼节通知了他 |
[30:22] | and he came right over. | 然后他就立刻赶过来了 |
[30:24] | But I bet he’ll be gone | 但我打赌他会在 |
[30:24] | by the time the news vans get here. | 那些记者车队赶来前离开这里 |
[30:26] | You know how politicians are. | 你知道政客的 |
[30:28] | He won’t want any of the cameras seeing his bald spot. | 他可不想让任何镜头拍到他的秃头 |
[30:31] | Well, one already did. | 已经有一个拍到了 |
[30:33] | And it’s going to help us prove that he killed Gabriel Rojas. | 并且会帮我们证实他杀了加布里埃尔·罗哈斯 |
[30:47] | Detective. | 警探 |
[30:48] | I came straight over when I got your message. | 我接到消息就赶来了 |
[30:50] | This is Maxine, my chief of staff. | 这是玛克辛 我的幕僚长 |
[30:52] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[30:53] | You said that there was news about Gabriel’s case? | 你说是有关于加布里埃尔案件的新进展 |
[30:56] | A lot of news, actually. | 其实是很多新进展 |
[30:58] | But I think it’s best if Maxine wait out here. | 但我想玛克辛最好留在这里 |
[31:00] | Some of what we have to show you… | 有些图片非常的 |
[31:01] | it’s pretty graphic. | 具有冲击性 |
[31:03] | Some might call it hair-raising. | 有人可能会用毛骨悚然来形容 |
[31:05] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:14] | Councilman. I don’t know how much you paid for your toupee, | 议员 我不知道你在假发上花了多少钱 |
[31:16] | but I just wanted to assure you it was worth it. | 但我只想告诉你这钱花得值 |
[31:19] | Um… thank you? | 我该说谢谢吗 |
[31:22] | When you sat here the other day, | 你那天来这里时 |
[31:24] | your hairpiece had me fooled. | 你的假发骗了我 |
[31:26] | If it hadn’t, I would have realized | 如果不是它 我会更早发现 |
[31:27] | that you murdered Gabriel Rojas much sooner. | 是你杀了加布里埃尔·罗哈斯 |
[31:30] | What? | 什么 |
[31:31] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么情况 |
[31:33] | The day before he died, | 加布里埃尔在被杀的前一天 |
[31:34] | Gabriel received a collection of photos. | 收到了一系列照片 |
[31:36] | They were gathered from workers | 是由危地马拉的 |
[31:38] | in Guatemala from a rum plant. | 一个朗姆酒厂的工人们收集的 |
[31:40] | Now, they believe that their employer was in bed | 这些工人认为他们的老板 |
[31:43] | with a paramilitary group. | 和一个非法军事组织勾结 |
[31:44] | Now, the person who gave him the photos | 而给罗哈斯照片的人 |
[31:46] | thinks he was killed over them. | 认为他是因为照片而被杀的 |
[31:48] | That seemed unlikely. | 这不太可能 |
[31:50] | We studied them for hours, | 我们研究了这些照片很久 |
[31:51] | and we could find little that would hurt the rum company. | 没发现任何对朗姆酒厂有威胁的东西 |
[31:53] | But when we saw you in your natural state last night, | 但昨晚见识了你不戴假发的样子后 |
[31:56] | we realized that there were some images | 我们意识到确实有些照片 |
[31:57] | that could be harmful to you. | 可能对你有威胁 |
[31:59] | Now, the person who took these photos | 拍摄这些照片的人 |
[32:01] | was focusing on the bodyguard, | 重点关注的是保镖 |
[32:02] | but they could not help but catch | 但他们也意外地拍到了 |
[32:04] | the meeting that was going on | 保镖老板 |
[32:05] | between the bodyguard’s employer and this man. | 和这个男人之间的会议 |
[32:10] | The first man, a member of Champerico’s upper management | 第一个带着手提箱的男人 |
[32:13] | in Guatemala, arrives with this briefcase, | 是危地马拉钱佩里科的上层管理人员 |
[32:16] | but when the meeting concludes, | 但当会议结束时 |
[32:18] | the briefcase leaves with this man. | 手提箱却在这个男人手里 |
[32:20] | And you think I am that man? | 你们认为这个男人是我 |
[32:22] | We looked at your social media. | 我们查看了你的社交网站 |
[32:24] | We know you and your wife took a trip to Guatemala last year, | 发现你和你妻子去年去危地马拉旅游了 |
[32:27] | and the dates coincide with the day | 而旅游的日期 |
[32:29] | these picture were taken. | 刚好与照片拍摄时间重合 |
[32:31] | But that’s not the only interesting thing about the timing. | 这不是唯一凑巧的地方 |
[32:33] | The New York City Council | 当时纽约市议会 |
[32:34] | was about to vote on an alcohol tax | 正准备对征收酒税的议案投票 |
[32:37] | that was gonna hurt Champerico’s business. | 如果通过将影响钱佩里科的生意 |
[32:39] | You were one of the most outspoken opponents of the tax, | 你是当时对征税最公开的反对者 |
[32:42] | weren’t you, Councilman? | 不是吗 议员 |
[32:43] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[32:46] | Did I go to Guatemala? Yes. | 我去危地马拉了吗 没错 |
[32:49] | But are you really under the impression that I was the only man | 但你们真的认为我是全国唯一一个 |
[32:51] | with a bald spot in the entire country? | 头上有斑凸的人吗 |
[32:53] | Hair loss patterns are hardly fingerprints, | 斑秃不能与指纹相提并论 |
[32:55] | but they are very distinctive. | 但它们仍然非常独特 |
[32:57] | And yours is a match for the one in that photograph. | 你的斑秃与照片中此人的斑秃一致 |
[33:01] | Your friend, Gabriel Rojas, recognized it, too. | 你的朋友加布里埃尔·哈里斯也发现了 |
[33:05] | He saw what we saw: | 他发现了我们发现的东西 |
[33:06] | you taking a bribe. | 你在受贿 |
[33:07] | He blamed Champerico for the death of his nephew, | 他责怪钱佩里科害死了他的侄子 |
[33:09] | and he confronted you. | 于是去找你对质了 |
[33:11] | When you couldn’t convince him | 当你无法说服他 |
[33:12] | that the man in these pictures wasn’t you, you killed him. | 照片里的男人不是你时 你就把他杀了 |
[33:15] | You hit him in the head with something heavy. | 你用重物击中了他的头部 |
[33:17] | We’re not sure where you decapitated him, | 我们不确定你在哪里斩首了他 |
[33:19] | but you took his body to a place you knew: | 但是你把他的身体带去了你熟悉的地方 |
[33:21] | a community garden | 你选区中央的 |
[33:23] | in the heart of your district. | 社区花园 |
[33:24] | Chicken head and a few candles later, | 布置了鸡头和一些蜡烛 |
[33:26] | and you had a scene that fit the story | 你创造了一个 |
[33:28] | that you planned to tell the next day: | 符合你编的故事的场景 |
[33:30] | Gabriel was done in by an occult killer, | 加布里埃尔被一个邪教信徒所杀 |
[33:32] | not a crooked politician. | 而非一个腐败的官员 |
[33:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:40] | Let’s pretend for a second that that is me. | 暂且假设这个人是我 |
[33:43] | You have no proof that there’s any money in that briefcase. | 你们没有证据证明手提箱里装的是钱 |
[33:46] | If I didn’t take a bribe, I have no motive to kill Gabriel. | 如果我没有受贿 就没理由杀加布里埃尔 |
[33:49] | You’re right, we can’t prove | 你是对的 我们无法证明 |
[33:50] | that there was money in that briefcase. | 手提箱里装的是钱 |
[33:53] | But luckily, we don’t have to. | 但幸运的是 我们也不需这么做 |
[33:56] | So, the dead chicken scratched its killer before it died. | 那只鸡在死之前划伤了杀它的人 |
[33:59] | His blood was on her talons. | 凶手的血迹留在了它爪子上 |
[34:01] | We’re certain that when we test it against yours, | 我们很确信和你的血对比后 |
[34:03] | it’ll be a match. | 会是一致的 |
[34:05] | You might not find these pictures very compelling, | 也许你不觉得这些照片有说服力 |
[34:08] | but a judge sure did. | 但法官觉得足够了 |
[34:10] | This is a warrant to compel a DNA sample from you. | 这是一张强迫你提供DNA样本的许可证 |
[34:24] | Wanted to see me? | 你要见我 |
[34:24] | Yeah. Close the door, would you? | 是的 把门关上 |
[34:27] | I want to talk to you about Lena Romero. | 我想和你谈谈莉娜·罗梅罗 |
[34:31] | I’m not gonna be bringing her here when Marcus leaves. | 马库斯走后我不打算招她进来 |
[34:36] | Your meeting went poorly? | 面试不尽如人意吗 |
[34:38] | No. She did great. | 不 她表现很好 |
[34:39] | She’s smart, capable, resourceful. | 聪明 能干 足智多谋 |
[34:41] | She’s the real deal. | 非常优秀 |
[34:43] | So I don’t understand. | 那我不明白了 |
[34:45] | Her old C.O. Called her “Creative.” | 她的前上司 称她非常”有创造力” |
[34:49] | You know what that’s code for. | 你知道这是什么意思 |
[34:51] | You’ve heard it enough. | 这词我们很熟悉了 |
[34:52] | It’s the word that cops tend to use when they talk about you and Joan. | 正是警察用来形容你和乔恩的 |
[34:55] | You two want to search someplace without a warrant, | 当你俩想非法搜查某处时 |
[34:58] | you do it. | 你们直接就会去 |
[34:59] | And then, if you need to, | 然后 有必要的话 |
[35:01] | you claim that you heard someone yelling for help from inside. | 你们会声称听到了屋里有人求救 |
[35:05] | You want the cops to look at someone, | 你们想让警察调查某人 |
[35:07] | but you don’t have cause? | 却又没有正当理由时 |
[35:09] | You call in an anonymous tip. | 就打一个匿名举报电话 |
[35:11] | You’re angry. | 你生气了 |
[35:12] | You did a lot of research about Romero. | 你对罗梅罗做了很多背景调查 |
[35:15] | You honestly gonna tell me you didn’t know this about her? | 你想告诉我你没发现她的这些技俩吗 |
[35:18] | I didn’t view it as a negative. | 我不觉得这是个减分项 |
[35:20] | Of course you didn’t. | 你当然不觉得 |
[35:22] | She’s a kindred spirit. | 她和你是一路人 |
[35:24] | Which is exactly what you and Joan don’t need. | 但这正是你和乔恩最不需要的 |
[35:27] | You think it was an accident, | 你以为六年前 |
[35:29] | me hooking you up with Marcus six years ago? | 我让马库斯和你搭档是无缘无故的吗 |
[35:31] | I knew you just like I knew him. | 我了解你 也了解他 |
[35:33] | He knew where the lines were. | 他知道底线是什么 |
[35:34] | He wasn’t gonna let you hurt yourself or me. | 他不会让你伤害自己或者我 |
[35:38] | Oh, he was my babysitter. | 他是我的保姆 |
[35:40] | Yeah, he was. | 是的 |
[35:42] | But luckily for both of us, it turned into something | 但幸运的是 最后的结果超出了这个范畴 |
[35:45] | more than that, something special. | 你们配合得非常默契 |
[35:47] | Lightning struck. | 擦出了火花 |
[35:48] | Now the question is– can it strike again? | 问题是 这次还能擦出火花吗 |
[35:52] | ‘Cause if it can’t, I don’t know how much longer | 因为如果不行 我不知道 |
[35:55] | you, me and Joan have together. | 你我和乔恩还剩多少时间 |
[35:57] | I love what you did for him. | 我很感激你为马库斯做的一切 |
[35:59] | Getting him a shot with the Marshals. | 为他争取了进法警署的机会 |
[36:00] | He deserves it. | 他值得拥有 |
[36:02] | But replacing him, it isn’t gonna be easy. | 但想找人顶他的位置 那可不容易 |
[36:08] | We’re gonna have to try harder than this. | 我们还需要再加把劲 |
[36:11] | For both of our sakes. | 为了大家好 |
[36:19] | No, we don’t want to be taken off the registry. | 不 我们不是想退出 |
[36:21] | We just don’t want our home address listed. | 只是不想把家庭地址公开 |
[36:25] | It’s gonna take a week? Why? | 需要一周时间 为什么 |
[36:29] | Okay, you know what? I-I’ll… I’ll call. | 好吧 我再联系你们 |
[36:31] | I’ll call back. Thanks. | 我回头打给你们 谢谢 |
[36:41] | I wanted to give you this. | 我想把这个给你 |
[36:43] | It’s money for the window I broke. | 是打破窗户的钱 |
[36:45] | If it isn’t enough, let me know. | 如果不够的话告诉我 |
[36:47] | I’ll pay you when I have the difference. | 等我有钱了再给你们 |
[36:48] | – Honestly… – I insist. | -说真的 -我坚持要给 |
[36:50] | After all you did for Gabriel… | 你们为加布里埃尔做了那么多 |
[36:53] | it’s the least I can do. | 这是我最起码能做的 |
[36:56] | I’m glad that you came. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[36:57] | I was gonna actually come and see you tomorrow. | 其实我打算明天去看你 |
[37:00] | Please. | 请进 |
[37:06] | So, I’ve been doing, uh, a lot of research lately | 最近我做了不少研究 |
[37:09] | on good products for newborns. | 关于新生儿适用的好产品 |
[37:10] | So I went out today and picked up a few items | 所以今天我出去买了一些东西 |
[37:13] | that I think you’ll need. | 我想你会用得上 |
[37:15] | No, I… I can’t. | 不 我不能收 |
[37:18] | Please. Now it’s my turn to insist. | 收下吧 这回轮到我坚持了 |
[37:30] | Hope that’s not evidence you’re destroying. | 希望你不是在销毁证据 |
[37:33] | Well, in a manner of speaking, it is. | 从某方面来说 是的 |
[37:35] | Evidence of a bad idea. | 一个错误想法的证据 |
[37:39] | Couldn’t help but notice you and the captain talking earlier. | 我注意到你和警监之前在谈话 |
[37:42] | Everything okay? | 没什么事吧 |
[37:44] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[37:46] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[37:48] | Quite. | 非常确定 |
[37:49] | Well, listen. Chantal’s working late. | 听着 香特尔要加班 |
[37:51] | I was gonna grab a bite at Carnahan’s. | 我打算去卡纳汉餐馆 |
[37:53] | – Any interest? – Home of the Shamrock Poppers. | -有兴趣吗 -三叶草芳香剂之家 |
[37:56] | Yeah, deep-fried jalapeños and cheese | 是啊 炸墨西哥辣椒和奶酪 |
[37:58] | rolled in green bread crumbs. | 卷在绿色的面包屑里 |
[38:01] | You a fan? | 爱吃吗 |
[38:01] | I’d sooner eat a pig carcass rotting in a shallow pond. | 我宁可吃一头腐烂在浅水池里的死猪 |
[38:05] | And I could, ’cause I’ve got access to several. | 而且我能吃到 因为我之前弄到了好几头 |
[38:09] | Well, come on. | 来吧 |
[38:10] | First round of Poppers is on me. | 第一轮芳香剂我请客 |
[38:13] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[38:17] | Uh, we should hurry up if, uh, you want to get a table. | 我们该走了 不然没有座位了 |
[38:20] | Not according to my watch. | 我不这么认为 |
[38:22] | You and me? | 你和我 |
[38:23] | Still got plenty of time. | 我们还有很多时间呢 |
[38:33] | You’re not wearing a watch. | 你没戴手表 |
[38:35] | Man, you really are a master of observation. | 哥们儿 你可真是观察界的大师 |