时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m Mycroft. | 我是麦考夫 |
[00:04] | Mycroft Holmes. | 麦考夫·福尔摩斯 |
[00:05] | I love you, brother. | 我爱你 弟弟 |
[00:07] | – What’s happened? – Mycroft died. | -怎么了 -麦考夫死了 |
[00:09] | – He’s faked his death before. I mean, maybe… – No. | -他以前就假死过 也许… -不 |
[00:12] | Several years ago, I anticipated that without Moriarty, | 几年前 我以为没有了莫里亚蒂 |
[00:15] | her group would fall apart. | 她的组织会分崩离析 |
[00:17] | I was mistaken. | 那是个错误 |
[00:17] | Someone else has taken over. | 有人篡位了 |
[00:19] | I did it for you, Sherlock. You and Joan. | 我是为了你 夏洛克 为了你和乔恩 |
[00:22] | It was the only way to guarantee they’d never harm you. | 只有这样才能保证他们不会伤害你们 |
[00:24] | So your only recourse was to become head of an organization | 所以你唯一的方式 就是成为一个为钱杀人的 |
[00:27] | which murders for profit. | 组织头目 |
[00:29] | How else would I dismantle it? | 不然我还能怎样让它解散 |
[00:44] | This looks wrong. | 看着不太对 |
[00:46] | We should have made a left at that last junction. | 我们上个岔路口应该走左边的 |
[00:48] | Says the guy who got us completely lost | 而说这话的人 上次带路时 |
[00:49] | the last time he navigated. | 就让我们迷路了 |
[00:51] | – I’m just saying. – Having a penis | -我只是说一下 -有小弟弟 |
[00:52] | doesn’t grant you an innate sense of direction. | 不代表你就天生有方向感 |
[00:55] | My girl parts say that we are almost there. | 我的小妹妹说我们就快到了 |
[01:01] | Ta-da. | 看吧 |
[01:15] | It’s locked. | 被锁上了 |
[01:32] | What the hell? | 什么情况 |
[01:38] | What the hell was that? | 那是什么情况 |
[01:40] | Should I go after him? | 要我去追他吗 |
[01:41] | Pretty sure we don’t want to catch up to him. | 我们肯定不想追上他 |
[01:44] | Look. | 看 |
[01:54] | Sherlock. | 夏洛克 |
[01:56] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[01:58] | Come in. | 请进 |
[02:01] | Apologies for the lateness of the hour. | 很抱歉我深夜造访 |
[02:05] | As I said when you called, | 你打电话时我说了 |
[02:07] | I felt compelled to see my only remaining son | 我觉得有必要尽快看到 |
[02:11] | as soon as possible. | 我唯一还活着的儿子 |
[02:14] | We have much to discuss. | 我们还有很多要谈的 |
[02:18] | This tortoise appears to be quite young. | 这只乌龟看着挺年轻的 |
[02:22] | Couldn’t be any more than, what, four? | 应该没有超过四岁吧 |
[02:25] | He’s seven, the best we can tell. | 我们认为他七岁了 |
[02:28] | Either way, he’ll outlive you and Joan by several decades. | 不管几岁 它都会比你和乔恩多活个几十年 |
[02:32] | Have arrangements been made? | 都安排好了吗 |
[02:34] | Yes, my former apprentice Kitty | 安排好了 我以前的学徒凯蒂 |
[02:37] | is going to take him when the time comes. | 到时候会接手它 |
[02:38] | Her son will inherit him after that, and so forth. | 之后再由她儿子继承 以此类推 |
[02:42] | Well, it’s wise to prepare for the worst. | 为最糟糕的情况早做准备是明智的 |
[02:46] | Although I’ll allow that some preparations are unreliable. | 不过我知道有些准备会不太可靠 |
[02:51] | My will states that Mycroft should deliver my eulogy. | 我的遗嘱上说应该由麦考夫为我念悼词 |
[02:56] | Now it seems that he’s been dead for the better part of a year | 现在 看起来他已经过世大半年了 |
[02:59] | and buried in some distant land. | 被埋在了某个遥远的地方 |
[03:01] | I always thought he would outlive us both. | 我一直以为他会比我们活得都久 |
[03:05] | The fact he has preceded both you and I to the grave | 而实际上他比你我都早进坟墓 |
[03:08] | despite our more dangerous paths, uh, | 尽管你我脚下的路更危险 |
[03:11] | speaks to the inherent injustice of the universe. | 要怪就怪宇宙固有的不公平 |
[03:14] | Or its love of irony. | 或是它对讽刺的喜爱吧 |
[03:17] | Speaking of danger, how goes your secret agenda? | 说到危险 你的秘密组织如何了 |
[03:21] | Well, for the last two years, I have made steady progress | 过去两年 我小有成效地稳步 |
[03:25] | in dismantling Moriarty’s network. | 废掉了一些莫里亚蒂的关系网 |
[03:27] | The disappearance of the solitary cyclist? | 那个独居精神医生的失踪 |
[03:30] | The incident at the priory school? | 在小学的那场意外 |
[03:32] | Among others. | 还有其它的一些 |
[03:34] | Sadly, I have been unable to foil | 很遗憾 我没能挫败 |
[03:36] | all of the network’s machinations. | 网络里的所有阴谋 |
[03:40] | I also had to drain some of the family finances | 我还不得不花光了家里的一些钱 |
[03:43] | to pay dividends to some of Moriarty’s shareholders | 以支付莫里亚蒂的一些股东的分红 |
[03:48] | so they won’t think that their enterprise is unraveling. | 好让他们不会觉得他们的企业在分崩离析 |
[03:51] | There’ll still be a sizeable sum when I’m done. | 但还有很大一部分需要我去处理 |
[03:54] | Which brings us back to the matter at hand. | 这就让我们回到了眼前的问题 |
[03:57] | I need to change my will. | 我得修改我的遗嘱 |
[04:00] | Mycroft was the sole heir. | 麦考夫曾是唯一继承人 |
[04:04] | New arrangements are required. | 现在需要新的安排 |
[04:10] | Uh, this colleague of mine– a… | 我的这个同事 |
[04:13] | body’s been found. | 发现里一具尸体 |
[04:14] | Well, I’ll go and… | 我走了… |
[04:16] | we’ll have plenty of time to talk. | 我们还有很多时间慢慢谈 |
[04:17] | I’m going to be in New York for at least a week. | 我要在纽约至少待一周 |
[04:20] | Well, if you need anything… | 如果你需要什么… |
[04:21] | I’ll be in touch. | 我会联系的 |
[04:23] | Look, you should know… | 听着 你应该知道 |
[04:29] | I discovered Mycroft was dead | 我发现麦考夫死了 |
[04:30] | because I was seeking him out to heal our rift. | 是因为我当时在找他 想弥补我们的间隙 |
[04:33] | Now I won’t have the chance. | 现在我没有机会了 |
[04:35] | But… | 但是… |
[04:36] | It made me realize that grudges are pointless | 这让我明白心怀怨念毫无意义 |
[04:41] | and that people who hold them are petty and small-minded. | 而心怀怨念的人也是小气的 鼠目寸光的 |
[04:48] | I am neither of those things. | 我二者皆不是 |
[04:54] | We’ll talk soon… | 我们很快会再聊聊的 |
[04:57] | Son. | 儿子 |
[05:04] | The three hipsters who found this place | 三个小年轻发现了这里 |
[05:07] | were doing something they call “Urban spelunking.” | 按他们的话说 他们当时在”都市冒险” |
[05:10] | Otherwise known as roof-and-tunnel hacking. | 还有个说法叫”非法入侵屋顶和隧道” |
[05:12] | The exploration of man-made structures, | 探索人造的建筑 |
[05:15] | typically abandoned ruins. | 特别是被遗弃的废墟 |
[05:18] | They thought no one had been in this fallout shelter for decades. | 他们以为已经几十年没有人来过这辐射避难所 |
[05:21] | Instead, they found all this. | 相反 他们发现了这个 |
[05:23] | The guy they saw run out of here | 他们看到从这里逃走的那个人 |
[05:25] | was wearing some sort of respirator, | 带着某种防毒面罩 |
[05:27] | so they couldn’t see his face. | 所以他们没看到他的脸 |
[05:28] | He got away clean. | 他干净利落地脱身了 |
[05:30] | Victim is a Jane Doe. | 被害人是具无名女尸 |
[05:32] | No I.D. She’s been dead a few days. | 没有身份证 已经死了几天了 |
[05:35] | I’m assuming the cause of death was one of these wounds, | 我猜测死因是这些伤口中的一个 |
[05:38] | but we won’t know for sure until the M.E. weighs in. | 但得等法医来确认 |
[05:41] | So, the man who fled was removing her internal organs | 所以逃走的那个人当时是在从她身上的 |
[05:44] | through this cut on her side? | 这个切口取出她的内脏器官 |
[05:46] | Yeah, intestines, stomach | 是的 肠子 胃 |
[05:48] | and liver are in these clay jars. | 和肝脏都在这些陶罐里 |
[05:51] | Now, when the spelunkers broke in, | 那些冒险者闯进来时 |
[05:53] | he was in the middle of pulling out her lungs, | 他正在取出她的肺 |
[05:56] | probably to go in this last jar. | 可能要放进最后一个罐子里 |
[05:59] | Obviously, the guy’s a sicko. | 显然 这家伙是个变态 |
[06:02] | We’re thinking serial. | 我们在考虑连环杀手 |
[06:03] | Well, that is an understandable, | 这么想可以理解 |
[06:05] | although mistaken, conclusion. | 但是个错误的结论 |
[06:09] | These mutilations | 这些破坏 |
[06:11] | were not performed to satisfy some dark impulses. | 不是为了满足某种黑暗的冲动 |
[06:14] | There is a more cogent scheme at work. | 还有一种更有说服力的工作计划 |
[06:17] | Note… | 注意… |
[06:18] | this tool. | 这件工具 |
[06:19] | Now, this is designed to remove a cadaver’s brain | 这是用来取出尸体的大脑的 |
[06:23] | through her nose. | 通过她的鼻子 |
[06:24] | Piece by piece. | 一点一点取出来 |
[06:26] | Then… | 然后… |
[06:27] | there are these items. | 还有这些东西 |
[06:28] | There’s honey. | 这是蜂蜜 |
[06:30] | There’s a particularly resinous Levantine wine. | 这是一种特别的树脂味黎凡特酒 |
[06:32] | There is balsam, cedar oil. | 还有香脂和香柏油 |
[06:35] | These are the ingredients | 这些是一个流传了千年的 |
[06:36] | in a millennia-old recipe | 配方中的原料 |
[06:38] | intended to transform this woman. | 用来转化这个女人 |
[06:40] | Given the level of craftsmanship, | 根据这种技术水平 |
[06:42] | I’d say our masked man was looking to turn her into a copy | 我会说那个戴面具的人想把她做成 |
[06:46] | of a priceless antiquity. | 一件无价的古董 |
[06:47] | In other words, a forgery. | 也就是一件赝品 |
[06:50] | What the hell kind of forgery can you make out of a person? | 你能把人做成什么赝品 |
[06:53] | To the best of my knowledge, only one. | 据我所知 只有一种 |
[06:56] | An Egyptian mummy. | 一个埃及木乃伊 |
[07:05] | To be honest, when I first heard your theory, | 说实话 我第一次听到你的理论时 |
[07:09] | I was skeptical. | 我很怀疑 |
[07:10] | Forging a mummy is ambitious. | 伪造木乃伊可非常耗时耗力 |
[07:12] | And yet it has been done. | 但还是有人做过这种事 |
[07:14] | Most recently at a museum in Pakistan, | 最近在巴基斯坦的一家博物馆 |
[07:16] | where they paid over $10 million for one | 他们花了一千多万美元买的木乃伊 |
[07:18] | which turned out to be a modern fake. | 被证明是现代仿品 |
[07:19] | The, uh, so-called Persian Princess. | 那个所谓的波斯公主 |
[07:22] | I said ambitious, not impossible. | 我说的是耗时耗力 不是不可能 |
[07:25] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[07:26] | Traffic was bad, but I was able to catch up. | 路上很堵 但我赶上了 |
[07:28] | Professor Hausmann, this is Joan Watson. | 豪斯曼教授 这位是乔恩·华生 |
[07:31] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[07:32] | The professor is one of the foremost experts | 教授是北美最杰出的 |
[07:34] | on Egyptian antiquities in North America. | 埃及文物专家之一 |
[07:36] | He authenticates artifacts for most | 他为东海岸的大部分 |
[07:38] | of the major museums on the East Coast. | 主要博物馆鉴定文物 |
[07:41] | Well, it’s nice to meet another Irregular. | 很高兴见到又一位非正规顾问 |
[07:43] | Uh, actually, he’s not one of my consultants. | 其实他不是我的顾问 |
[07:45] | He’s, uh, the captain’s. | 他是警监的顾问 |
[07:47] | He helped me out a few times in the Robbery Squad. | 他在劫案组帮过我几次 |
[07:49] | Antiquities theft, smuggling, that sort of thing. | 古董盗窃 走私之类的案子 |
[07:52] | Now that I’ve seen the evidence, | 在我看过证据之后 |
[07:53] | not only do I agree with your theory, | 我不光同意你的理论 |
[07:56] | I think I can tell you exactly whose mummy this was supposed to be. | 我想我还能告诉你这会是谁的木乃伊 |
[08:00] | You said your technicians found this amulet | 你说你们的技术人员在现场的 |
[08:03] | under the linens at the crime scene. | 床单下面发现了这个护身符 |
[08:05] | Note the cartouche. | 注意上面的装饰 |
[08:08] | This is a proper name. | 这是个专有名字 |
[08:10] | Sobekneferu. | 塞贝克涅弗鲁 |
[08:12] | You read hieroglyphics? | 你认识象形文字 |
[08:14] | He reads all sorts of things. | 他什么都认识 |
[08:16] | So, who’s this Sobekneferu? | 那么这个塞贝克涅弗鲁是谁 |
[08:18] | A historical rarity. | 一件历史珍品 |
[08:20] | A female pharaoh. | 一位女法老 |
[08:22] | She died under mysterious circumstances | 她在接近三十岁时 |
[08:25] | when she was in her late 20s. | 离奇死亡 |
[08:28] | Over 3,000 years ago. | 那是三千多年前 |
[08:29] | Her mummy was never found. | 她的木乃伊一直没有被发现 |
[08:31] | It would be worth… $100 million? | 这可能价值…一亿美元吧 |
[08:34] | To the right museum or private collector. | 如果找对了博物馆或者私人收藏家的话 |
[08:37] | The thing is, you said this was a homicide investigation. | 问题是 你说这是谋杀调查 |
[08:39] | I’m not sure that’s right. | 我不确定这对不对 |
[08:42] | We have a dead body. | 我们有一具尸体 |
[08:44] | We have a lot of wounds. | 有很多伤口 |
[08:46] | All of which could have been inflicted postmortem. | 那些都可能是死后造成的 |
[08:48] | The other case you mentioned, the Persian Princess– | 你提到的另一件案子 波斯公主 |
[08:51] | do you recall how the forgers procured her body? | 你记得伪造者是如何获得尸体的吗 |
[08:55] | Stole it from a hospital, by all accounts. | 据说是从医院里偷来的 |
[08:57] | She likely died in a traffic accident. | 她很可能死于交通事故 |
[08:59] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[09:01] | Your forger may have stolen this corpse as well. | 你们的伪造者也可能是偷来的尸体 |
[09:04] | Or bought it | 或者是买来的 |
[09:05] | from an unscrupulous funeral parlor. | 从哪个无耻的殡仪馆 |
[09:08] | In other words, while this may indeed be a forgery, | 也就是说 这也许的确是一起造假案 |
[09:13] | it may not be a murder. | 但不一定是谋杀案 |
[09:15] | It most assuredly was a bloody murder. | 这肯定是一场血腥的谋杀 |
[09:18] | The M.E. doesn’t even have a report yet. | 法医的报告还没出来 |
[09:21] | Don’t need one. | 不需要 |
[09:22] | In order to duplicate Sobekneferu, | 要复制塞贝克涅弗鲁 |
[09:26] | the forger would need a fresh kill, | 伪造者需要一场新鲜的杀戮 |
[09:28] | slain in a historically accurate way. | 完全像历史上一样杀人 |
[09:33] | I submit the Jane Doe was killed with one of these. | 我认为无名女尸是被这种东西杀死的 |
[09:37] | That’s a khopesh. | 这是一把寇派斯弯刀 |
[09:39] | It’s the preferred weapon of the ancient Egyptians. | 是古埃及人偏爱的武器 |
[09:42] | So, if I manage to adopt a baby, | 如果我真的能收养一个孩子 |
[09:44] | you know the box of swords has to go, right? | 你知道那箱刀剑必须得拿走 对吧 |
[09:47] | Note the shape of the blade. | 注意刀片的形状 |
[09:50] | Looks consistent with the wound on the victim’s leg. | 看上去和受害者腿上的伤口一致 |
[09:54] | She was killed by her nephew, by the way. | 顺便一提 她是被自己的侄子杀死的 |
[09:56] | Police haven’t even identified her yet. | 警方还没确定她的身份 |
[09:57] | Not Jane Doe. Sobekneferu. | 不是无名女尸 我是说塞贝克涅弗鲁 |
[10:00] | She was almost certainly done in by her brother’s son, | 几乎可以肯定她是被她兄长的儿子杀死的 |
[10:02] | Sobekhotep, and/or his allies. | 塞贝克侯特普和他的盟友 也可能他没亲自动手 |
[10:05] | He succeeded her to the throne, | 他继承了她的王位 |
[10:06] | and records written during his dynasty | 而在他的王朝期间撰写的历史 |
[10:07] | studiously avoid any mention of how she died. | 刻意避免了提到她的死因 |
[10:09] | That’s a sure sign that his regime was involved. | 这显然表明了他的政权曾牵涉其中 |
[10:12] | Only fair, I suppose, | 我觉得挺公平的 |
[10:13] | since she likely murdered his father | 毕竟她最初夺取政权时 |
[10:15] | to seize power in the first place. Anyway… | 很可能杀了他的父亲 总之 |
[10:24] | Speaking of fathers, how’s yours? | 说到父亲 你的父亲怎么样了 |
[10:27] | Good. | 挺好 |
[10:28] | That’s it? Just good? | 就这样吗 只是挺好 |
[10:30] | Mycroft’s death has changed things for the both of us. | 麦考夫的死对我们俩都有影响 |
[10:34] | While our, uh, hatchets have not yet been buried, | 虽然我们之间的战斧还没被掩埋 |
[10:38] | the holes are being dug. | 但是掩埋它们的洞已经在挖了 |
[10:40] | That’s great. I’m happy for you. | 那太好了 我为你感到高兴 |
[10:43] | How are you holding up? | 你还好吗 |
[10:45] | Me? | 我 |
[10:47] | Well, you and Mycroft were close for a time. | 你和麦考夫曾有一段时间非常亲密 |
[10:52] | Well, I’m definitely grieving. | 我当然为他伤心 |
[10:54] | But when Mycroft went into hiding, | 但他当初隐姓埋名之后 |
[10:56] | I knew that he’d never be a part of my life again, so… | 我就知道他再也不会走入我的生活了 所以 |
[10:59] | I guess, uh… | 我猜 |
[11:02] | I already came to terms with losing him. | 我已经做好失去他的准备了 |
[11:04] | If that makes any sense. | 如果那能说得通的话 |
[11:07] | So, where is Mycroft’s body now? | 所以 麦考夫的尸体现在在哪里 |
[11:08] | Was he buried? | 他下葬了吗 |
[11:10] | Uh, yes, in what, uh… | 是的 用的是… |
[11:13] | what turned out to be his last assumed name, | 他最后使用过的假名 |
[11:17] | in a cemetery, uh, | 被葬在一片墓地里 |
[11:19] | just outside Christchurch, New Zealand. | 就在新西兰基督城外围 |
[11:22] | Well, have you and your father talked about | 你和你父亲商量过吗 也许把他 |
[11:23] | maybe moving him closer to home? | 带到离家近一些的地方 |
[11:25] | Despite what the ancient Egyptians believe, | 不管古埃及人的信仰如何 |
[11:28] | Mycroft’s body will not provide | 麦考夫的身体不会在来世 |
[11:29] | a special conduit to him in the afterlife. | 给他提供一条特殊的中转道 |
[11:32] | Well, I just thought, if one of you wanted to visit him | 我只是觉得 这样你们想去看他的时候 |
[11:34] | without getting on a plane for 20 hours… | 就不用坐二十个小时的飞机了 |
[11:36] | I’ll mention it to my father. | 我会跟我父亲说的 |
[11:48] | That’s not bad. | 效果还不错 |
[11:51] | Bit jagged, but… | 有点参差不齐 但是 |
[11:54] | this particular khopesh hasn’t been | 这把特别的寇派斯弯刀 |
[11:55] | sharpened in some time. | 已经很久没有被磨利了 |
[11:57] | I expect the one used to kill Jane Doe | 我想用来杀死无名女尸的刀 |
[11:59] | was brand-new and razor sharp. | 是全新且异常锋利的 |
[12:01] | Wouldn’t he use an antique for authenticity’s sake? | 为了真实起见他会不会真的使用了古董 |
[12:04] | For authenticity’s sake, yes, | 为了真实起见 会 |
[12:06] | he would use a bronze khopesh, | 他会用一把青铜寇派斯弯刀 |
[12:07] | but bronze becomes brittle over time, | 但是青铜时间一长容易变脆 |
[12:10] | so a suitably old one | 所以一把真正古老的刀 |
[12:11] | would not be able to make a cut like this. | 是无法切出像这样的伤口的 |
[12:14] | I think the forger and the killer | 我觉得伪造者和凶手 |
[12:16] | are two different people. | 不是同一个人 |
[12:18] | As I’ve just demonstrated, | 正如我刚刚展示的那样 |
[12:20] | making a cut deep enough to sever the femoral artery | 使切口深到足以割断股动脉 |
[12:22] | requires skill and strength. | 需要技术和力量 |
[12:25] | But the postmortem incisions on the victim | 但是受害者身上死后的切口 |
[12:27] | were more tentative. | 显得不那么利落 |
[12:29] | They were much more sawing than slicing. | 比起切更像是在锯 |
[12:32] | Well, it takes a strong and steady hand | 就算使用锋利的手术刀 也需要 |
[12:33] | to make a clean incision even with a sharp scalpel, | 一双强壮而平稳的手才能切出清晰的切口 |
[12:36] | so if the postmortem cuts were uneven… | 所以如果死后的切口是不均匀的 |
[12:39] | We’re looking at the work of two individuals. | 那么这就是两个不同的人做的 |
[12:41] | One strong, one less so. | 一个强壮 另一个没那么壮 |
[12:44] | While we might not as of yet | 尽管我们现在 |
[12:46] | have a way to find the forger, | 还没办法找到那个伪造者 |
[12:48] | I think we might have a way to find the swordsman. | 但我觉得我们可能有办法找到这名剑客 |
[12:52] | Riposte. | 反击 |
[12:53] | Parry and riposte. | 防守 反击 |
[12:56] | All right, guys. | 好了 伙计们 |
[12:56] | You and your friends sure seem | 你和你的朋友们看起来 |
[12:57] | to know your way around ancient weapons. | 都很清楚如何使用古老武器 |
[13:00] | It’s a hobby. | 这是一种爱好 |
[13:02] | Reconstructing old fighting techniques. | 重建古老的战斗技巧 |
[13:04] | I mean, different weapons lend themselves to different techniques. | 不同的武器有不同的使用技巧 |
[13:07] | Only way to figure them out is to use them. | 要弄明白这些技巧 就必须亲自使用 |
[13:09] | Fight with them. | 亲自用它们战斗 |
[13:11] | Last night, a woman’s body was found. | 昨晚发现了一具女性尸体 |
[13:15] | We haven’t been able to identify her yet. | 我们还无法识别她的身份 |
[13:17] | But our consultant thinks she was killed | 但我们的顾问认为她 |
[13:19] | with a reproduction | 是被一种叫做寇派斯弯刀的 |
[13:20] | of a bronze sword called a khopesh. | 青铜复制品杀死的 |
[13:23] | The killer seemed to know what he was doing. | 凶手看起来很清楚自己在做什么 |
[13:25] | Well, lots of people play around with this stuff. | 很多人都在玩这种东西 |
[13:28] | I’ve got hundreds of students. | 我有上百名学生 |
[13:29] | Actually, we don’t think the person | 实际上 我们不认为 |
[13:31] | who did it was a student. | 这是学生做的 |
[13:32] | A bronze khopesh is a pretty specialized item. | 青铜寇派斯弯刀是一件非常特殊的物品 |
[13:34] | There’s only a few people who make them. | 只有少数人能够制作它们 |
[13:36] | So we made some calls. | 所以我们打了几个电话 |
[13:37] | Turns out a khopesh was shipped | 结果发现有一把寇派斯弯刀 |
[13:39] | to this address just last week. | 刚好在上周寄到了这个地址 |
[13:41] | Paid for on your company account. | 而且是用你们公司的账号支付的 |
[13:43] | I never ordered a khopesh. | 我从来没有订购过寇派斯弯刀 |
[13:45] | I don’t remember seeing one around the gym. | 我也不记得在体育馆周围见到过 |
[13:46] | But to answer the question I think you’re asking, | 但我要是没理解错的话 你想问的问题的答案是 |
[13:49] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没杀任何人 |
[13:51] | Truth is, based on the angle of the fatal blow, | 事实上 基于那致命一击的角度 |
[13:54] | you’re probably too tall to be the killer. | 你比凶手高多了 |
[13:56] | Your instructor, on the other hand… | 但是 你的教练 |
[13:59] | he’s about the right height, | 他正好和凶手差不多高 |
[14:00] | and he’s been listening to every word we’ve said. | 而且他一直在听我们说的每一句话 |
[14:03] | Sort of like his life depended on it. | 就好像跟他的命息息相关似的 |
[14:06] | Don’t! | 住手 |
[14:09] | Have you seen Raiders of the Lost Ark? | 你看过《夺宝奇兵》吗 |
[14:11] | Doesn’t go well for the guy with the sword. | 那个拿剑的下场可不太好 |
[14:14] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[14:21] | I want to cut a deal. | 我想接受认罪协议 |
[14:23] | That was fast. | 还真快 |
[14:24] | That’s how it works, right? | 大家都这样 对吗 |
[14:26] | When you kill someone for money? | 当你收钱杀了人的时候 |
[14:27] | You roll on whoever hired you, | 你把雇主供出来 |
[14:29] | and the police take it easy on you. | 警察就会给你轻判 |
[14:31] | If you tell us everything you know, | 如果你把你知道的都告诉我们 |
[14:33] | we’ll definitely put in a good word | 我们肯定会在地检那 |
[14:35] | with the district attorney. | 为你求情的 |
[14:38] | Okay, so yeah, I did it. | 好吧 是的 是我干的 |
[14:39] | I killed that girl with the khopesh. | 我用寇派斯弯刀杀了那个女的 |
[14:41] | Just like the others. | 和其他人一样 |
[14:43] | Others? | 其他人 |
[14:44] | I don’t know the real name of the guy who hired me. | 我不知道雇我的人的真名 |
[14:47] | Just, like, his code name. | 只知道他的代号 |
[14:48] | But I’ve killed three different people for him | 但是过去几年中 |
[14:50] | over the past couple years. | 我为他杀了三个人 |
[14:53] | We’re gonna want the names of the other victims, | 我们需要其他受害者的名字 |
[14:55] | not to mention your friend’s code name. | 当然还有你朋友的代号 |
[14:57] | It’s The Theban. | 他叫底比斯人 |
[14:59] | The Theban? | 底比斯人 |
[15:00] | All I know is he’s this master forger. | 我只知道他是个大师级的伪造者 |
[15:03] | Does all kinds of historic stuff, | 喜欢伪造文物 |
[15:04] | including mummies. | 包括木乃伊 |
[15:06] | And you provide the bodies he uses to make the mummies? | 而你向他提供用来制作木乃伊的尸体 |
[15:09] | You should know, I only did it because I have gambling debts. | 你要知道 我这么做只是因为我欠了赌债 |
[15:12] | My bookies were gonna kill me, so that’s… | 赌场收账的人要杀了我 所以… |
[15:14] | extenuating circumstances or whatever, right? | 这样能让我的罪名减轻吧 |
[15:17] | It’s practically self-defense. | 这算是自我保护 |
[15:18] | Uh, let’s keep talking about The Theban. | 我们还是继续聊那个底比斯人吧 |
[15:20] | Can you give us a description? | 能描述下他的长相吗 |
[15:22] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:23] | We never met in person. | 我们从未见过面 |
[15:24] | We used Zyngychat. | 我们都是通过聊天软件联系的 |
[15:26] | It’s one of those texting apps that deletes | 是个短信应用程序 |
[15:27] | the messages as soon as you read ’em. | 信息一旦已读就会立即被删除 |
[15:29] | Perfect for irresponsible teenagers and hired killers. | 非常适合不负责任的青少年和雇佣杀手 |
[15:32] | There was something different about this last job. | 上份工作有点不一样 |
[15:34] | The other two times, he gave me | 另外两次 他给了我 |
[15:35] | a detailed description of what he wanted– | 他想杀的人的具体描述 |
[15:37] | how old the target should be, male or female. | 目标有多大年纪 男或女 |
[15:40] | He wanted them short, | 他要目标个头矮小 |
[15:41] | no pacemakers or artificial hips, | 没有佩戴心脏起搏器或植入人工髋关节 |
[15:43] | Middle-Eastern– preferably Egyptian. | 中东人 最好是埃及人 |
[15:46] | To match the mummy he was making. | 以符合他要制作的木乃伊的特征 |
[15:48] | I’d look for someone who fit the bill | 我会去找符合该特征的人 |
[15:50] | and killed them the way The Theban wanted. | 按照底比斯人要求的方式杀死他们 |
[15:52] | This time, he already picked out his victim. | 这一次 他已经选好了要杀的目标 |
[15:54] | It was this girl named Mischa Farrell. | 是一个叫米莎·法瑞尔的女人 |
[15:56] | Graphic designer, late 20s, lived in Kip’s Bay. | 平面设计师 年近三十 住在基普斯湾 |
[15:58] | Anyway, I caught her on the way home | 有天晚上我在她从酒吧 |
[15:59] | from a club the other night. | 回家的路上抓住了她 |
[16:01] | Cut her right here. | 砍的她这里 |
[16:03] | Tucked her body away and told The Theban | 把她的尸体塞好然后跟底比斯人 |
[16:05] | where to pick her up. | 说了交货地点 |
[16:07] | So, we got a deal? | 可以了吗 |
[16:09] | Do I need to sign something? | 我需要签点什么吗 |
[16:10] | Show it to a lawyer? | 给律师看一下 |
[16:13] | Hey, I should probably have a lawyer, right? | 我该请个律师的 对吗 |
[16:19] | Never had a suspect who wanted | 真没遇过这么想配合 |
[16:21] | to cooperate so badly and knew so little. | 却又知道得这么少的嫌犯 |
[16:24] | Well, didn’t give us much about The Theban, | 没有供出多少底比斯人的信息 |
[16:26] | that’s for sure. | 这是肯定的 |
[16:27] | Not much, but perhaps enough. | 不多 但或许也够了 |
[16:29] | Mischa Farrell broke The Theban’s pattern | 米莎·法瑞尔不止一处 |
[16:31] | in more ways than one. Just look. | 打破了底比斯人的模式 看 |
[16:34] | Doesn’t exactly look Egyptian. | 看起来一点也不像埃及人 |
[16:35] | She might have some Middle-Eastern heritage, | 她可能有一点中东血统 |
[16:37] | but at least some of her ancestors hailed | 但她至少有些祖先 |
[16:39] | from less sunny climes. | 来自没那么多日晒的地方 |
[16:41] | Also, she was five-foot-six. | 还有 她身高一米六八 |
[16:42] | That’s a good deal taller | 这远高于 |
[16:43] | than your average ancient Egyptian woman. | 古埃及女性平均身高 |
[16:45] | But The Theban specifically ordered Blaine to kill her. | 但是底比斯人明确指定让布莱恩杀了她 |
[16:48] | Why do that if she didn’t fit his requirements? | 既然她不符合他的要求 为什么要杀了她 |
[16:50] | Well, what if her death was more | 如果她的死不止是 |
[16:52] | than just a step in creating an ersatz mummy? | 制作仿造木乃伊的某个步骤呢 |
[16:54] | What if it was a goal in and of itself? | 如果杀死受害者就是目标本身呢 |
[16:57] | You’re thinking, even though Blaine in there doesn’t know it, | 你想的是 就连里面的布莱恩也不知道 |
[17:00] | Mischa Farrell’s murder was a hit. | 杀害米莎·法瑞尔是特定的雇凶杀人 |
[17:02] | Figure out who wanted her dead, | 找出想让她死的人 |
[17:03] | and we may have our mummy maker. | 或许就能找到我们的木乃伊制造者了 |
[17:08] | Those are new. Are you reopening | 这些是新的 你是要重启 |
[17:10] | the investigation into the death of Sobekneferu? | 塞贝克涅弗鲁之死的调查吗 |
[17:13] | No, this is actually everything we know | 不 这其实是我们对米莎·法瑞尔 |
[17:15] | about Mischa Farrell. | 所了解的一切 |
[17:17] | Since we weren’t making any progress last night | 我们昨晚回顾的她的生平都是以英文记录的 |
[17:19] | reviewing the details of her life in English, | 没有取得任何进展 |
[17:24] | See if it opened up a new line of thought. | 看看能不能开启一条新思路 |
[17:26] | To review, | 回看她的一生 |
[17:27] | Mischa Farrell was a 29-year-old | 米莎·法瑞尔29岁 |
[17:29] | freelance book designer who did covers and layouts | 是从事书本设计的自由职业者 为美术书籍 |
[17:31] | for fine-art books, textbooks and auction catalogs. | 课本和拍卖目录设计封面和版式 |
[17:35] | Hmm. No apparent issues with drugs or alcohol. | 没有明显的毒瘾或酗酒史 |
[17:37] | Single. No evidence of domestic abuse. | 单身 未发现有家暴史 |
[17:39] | No priors, which is why her prints | 没有前科 所以她的指纹 |
[17:41] | weren’t in any of the databases. | 没有在任何数据库中 |
[17:44] | And while her profession does connect her to the art world, | 尽管她的职业确实和绘画领域有联系 |
[17:45] | there seems to be no reason on earth | 但看起来没有任何人 |
[17:47] | why anyone would want to kill her, | 有任何理由会想要杀她 |
[17:48] | so we must be missing something. | 所以我们肯定漏掉了什么 |
[17:51] | Uh, are these her bank statements? | 这些是她的银行存单吗 |
[17:52] | Yes. Marcus sent them over a few moments ago. | 是 马库斯刚刚发过来的 |
[17:54] | That was my next project. | 我就下来就会看它们 |
[17:56] | Looks like she hired a lawyer a little over a year ago. | 看起来她一年多以前雇了个律师 |
[18:00] | And then about five months later, | 然后大约五个月以后 |
[18:02] | she received a check for $75,000 from the same law firm. | 她收到了同一家事务所寄来的7万5千美金支票 |
[18:05] | Maybe it was a settlement. | 可能是和解费 |
[18:07] | Certainly merits a closer look. | 肯定值得再检查一下 |
[18:08] | Let me know if you find anything. | 有发现就告诉我 |
[18:09] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[18:10] | My father wants me to attend a meeting | 我父亲让我跟他和他的律师 |
[18:12] | with him and his attorneys. | 一起去开个会 |
[18:14] | I leave this in your capable hands. | 这里就交给能干的你了 |
[18:18] | Yes, that $75,000 came from me, and yes, it was a settlement. | 对 7万5是我给的 确实是和解费 |
[18:23] | But I never would have hurt Mischa. | 但我绝不会伤害米莎 |
[18:25] | I cared about her. | 我在乎她 |
[18:27] | More like you relentlessly sexually harassed her | 实情更像是她为你工作时 |
[18:29] | when she worked with you. | 你对她进行了无休止的性骚扰 |
[18:30] | We’ve seen the lawsuit, Mr. Venetto. | 我们看过案卷 维内托先生 |
[18:32] | We know that on multiple occasions | 我们知道你多次 |
[18:34] | you tried to pressure her | 想要强迫她 |
[18:35] | into sleeping with you. | 和你上床 |
[18:37] | Maybe you resented having to pay her out. | 可能你厌恶要拿钱打发她了 |
[18:39] | Maybe you just didn’t like being rejected. | 可能你只是不喜欢被拒绝 |
[18:41] | Either way, you decided | 无论是哪一个 |
[18:43] | she had to go. | 你决定让她消失 |
[18:47] | I was horrible to Mischa, and to other women, too, | 我对米莎很不好 对其他女人也是 |
[18:52] | but I had no reason to kill her. | 但我没有杀她的理由 |
[18:54] | If anything, I was grateful to her. | 要说有什么的话 我只觉得感激她 |
[18:56] | Her lawsuit made me take a hard look at myself, | 她的起诉让我认真地审视了自己 |
[18:59] | and I didn’t like what I saw. | 而我不喜欢我所看到的 |
[19:02] | That’s why I settled. | 所以我才选择了和解 |
[19:03] | Not just with her, but with the other women I’d harassed. | 不只是和她 也和其他我骚扰过的女人 |
[19:07] | Even the ones who hadn’t sued me. | 甚至那些还没有告我的人 |
[19:09] | If you’d like, | 如果你们需要 |
[19:10] | I’ll e-mail my attorneys right now, | 我现在就可以给我的律师发邮件 |
[19:12] | ask them to send you all of their records. | 让他们把所有的记录发给你 |
[19:17] | My e-mail address is at the bottom. | 我的邮箱地址在底下 |
[19:21] | Try to understand, I’ve had | 请你们理解 |
[19:23] | extensive counseling over the past year. | 过去的一年我做了很多咨询 |
[19:26] | I’ve changed how I conduct my business completely. | 我完全改变了经营的方式 |
[19:29] | You know Mischa was freelancing | 你知道米莎又在做我的 |
[19:31] | for me again, right? | 自由设计师了 对吧 |
[19:33] | Well, we saw a few checks. | 我们看到一些支票 |
[19:34] | We thought they might have been more payoffs. | 我们以为那可能是更多的赔偿费 |
[19:36] | She designed my last three auction catalogs. | 她设计了我之前的三套拍卖目录 |
[19:41] | Uh… ah, here. | 这里 |
[19:42] | See for yourself. | 你们自己看 |
[19:45] | Since she’s been back, | 自从她回来 |
[19:46] | everything’s been strictly professional between us. | 我们之间就只有工作关系了 |
[19:49] | Ask anyone. | 可以问任何人 |
[19:51] | Does the name “The Theban” mean anything to you? | “底比斯人”这个名字能让你想起什么吗 |
[19:54] | No. Should it? | 没有 应该有吗 |
[19:55] | That’s the person we think hired Mischa’s killer. | 我们认为就是他雇人杀了米莎 |
[19:58] | Can you think of anyone else | 你能想到别的什么人 |
[19:59] | who might have wanted to hurt Mischa? | 会想要伤害米莎吗 |
[20:00] | – You talked to Ricky? – Who? | -你们跟里奇谈过了吗 -谁 |
[20:02] | Mischa’s ex. | 米莎的前任 |
[20:03] | From what she told people around the office, | 从她对办公室的同事透露的情况来看 |
[20:05] | they had an ugly breakup. | 她们结束得很不愉快 |
[20:06] | Something about Ricky owing her money. | 好像是里奇欠她钱 |
[20:10] | I admit… | 我承认 |
[20:11] | I lashed out at Mischa after she dumped me. | 米莎甩了我之后我动怒了 |
[20:14] | She called our relationship “A failed experiment.” | 她把我们的感情称为”失败的实验” |
[20:18] | So I said some stupid things, | 所以我说了些傻话 |
[20:20] | but I never wanted her dead. | 但我从没想让她死 |
[20:22] | Truth is… | 事实是 |
[20:24] | I don’t think I ever stopped loving her. | 我觉得我一直都爱着她 |
[20:27] | Is that why you called her the day she disappeared? | 所以她失踪那天你才会给她打电话吗 |
[20:29] | Ricky, we got Mischa’s phone records. | 里奇 我们有米莎的通话记录 |
[20:33] | Mischa is the one who reached out to me. Okay? | 是米莎联系了我 好吗 |
[20:36] | Weeks ago. There was this book she was working on. | 几周前 她在忙一本书 |
[20:39] | She wanted me to consult on it. | 她想让我给点意见 |
[20:41] | She said she would forget all about the 20 grand. | 她说她会完全忘了两万块的事 |
[20:44] | I said yes. | 我同意了 |
[20:45] | Must have needed your help pretty badly | 愿意忘记这么大一笔债 |
[20:47] | to forgive a debt that big. | 肯定是很需要你的帮助吧 |
[20:49] | She needed someone who really knew brush strokes. | 她需要真正擅长辨别笔刷笔触的人 |
[20:52] | There was a trick I used to do when we were in grad school. | 我在读研时有个本事 |
[20:55] | In art classes, I could tell | 在绘画课上 我能通过笔刷的笔触 |
[20:57] | who painted what by the brush strokes. | 看出谁画了哪幅画 |
[20:59] | That’s what she wanted me to do for the book. | 她正是想要我为那本书这么做 |
[21:02] | Identify painters by their brush strokes? | 通过笔刷的笔触认出画家吗 |
[21:04] | One painter, actually. | 其实只是一名画家 |
[21:07] | The book is something she was writing herself. | 那本书是她自己在写的 |
[21:09] | Nonfiction. | 非小说类的 |
[21:11] | An exposé on this forger. | 一个揭露赝品真相的作品 |
[21:13] | Mischa called him “Van Faux.” | 米莎称他为”范·福欧” |
[21:16] | Van Faux. | 范·福欧 |
[21:18] | According to her, | 据她说 |
[21:19] | he is the world’s greatest living forger. | 他是这个世上活着的最出色的伪造者 |
[21:22] | He imitates the old masters: | 他模仿以前的大师 |
[21:24] | Rubens, Rembrandt, the Brueghels. | 鲁本斯 伦勃朗 布勒哲尔 |
[21:28] | Mischa claimed that van Faux’s fakes | 米莎说范·幅欧的赝品 |
[21:30] | are pretty much a part of every major collection | 几乎会出现在所有荷兰绘画作品的 |
[21:32] | of Dutch paintings, | 收藏品中 |
[21:34] | and no one knows it. | 而且没人知道 |
[21:35] | She was trying to identify every one. | 她想找出他的每一幅作品 |
[21:37] | That’s where I came in. | 所以找了我加入 |
[21:38] | I can spot his fakes sometimes by the brush stokes. | 我有时可以通过笔触效果来辨认他伪造的作品 |
[21:43] | Thing is… | 问题是 |
[21:44] | Mischa didn’t just want to identify van Faux’s work. | 米莎想做的不只是找出范·福欧的作品 |
[21:48] | She wanted to find out his real name. | 她还想查出他的真实姓名 |
[21:51] | Expose him to the world. | 把他曝光给世界 |
[21:53] | If Mischa found out who van Faux really is… | 如果米莎知道了范·福欧的真实身份 |
[21:57] | He might have killed her to protect his secrets. | 他可能会为了保密而杀了她 |
[22:05] | You’re upset. | 你不高兴 |
[22:07] | I’m disappointed. | 我很失望 |
[22:09] | I think you’re making a mistake | 我觉得你放弃接受遗产 |
[22:11] | passing up your inheritance. | 是个错误的决定 |
[22:12] | The truth is I would much rather | 事实上 我宁愿这些收入 |
[22:14] | the proceeds go to charity. | 都捐给慈善机构 |
[22:16] | I certainly don’t need the money. | 我不需要钱 |
[22:19] | All I require is… | 我只需要 |
[22:20] | “A loaf of bread and a clean collar.” | 一块面包和一件干净的衣服 |
[22:23] | As you’ve said many times before. | 你之前说过很多次了 |
[22:27] | Still I’m grateful that you took the time | 但我还是很感谢你 |
[22:30] | to join me today. | 愿意拨冗来见我 |
[22:32] | My inevitable passing is hardly my favorite subject, | 尽管处理身后事不是件高兴的事 |
[22:36] | but I’m glad your wishes will be met. | 但我很高兴你的愿望能够实现 |
[22:41] | Well, I’m sure you need to get back to your work. | 我知道你肯定要回去工作了 |
[22:44] | So… thank you for taking the time. | 所以 谢谢你抽时间过来 |
[22:47] | I’m just gonna wait till your car gets here, | 我陪你等到车来 |
[22:48] | if it’s all the same to you. | 如果你也愿意的话 |
[22:52] | Oh. Yeah, of course. | 当然好 |
[22:54] | Yes. | 当然 |
[23:05] | I assume from your texts these are the works | 根据你的短信 这些应该都是 |
[23:07] | of the elusive van Faux. | 神秘的范·福欧的作品吧 |
[23:10] | The ones that Mischa’s ex knew about, anyway. | 是米莎的前任认出来的那些 |
[23:13] | I can see why Mischa was fascinated by him. | 我能理解为什么米莎对他着迷 |
[23:15] | He’s really good. | 他真的很棒 |
[23:16] | He doesn’t just copy existing paintings. | 他不只伪造已有的画作 |
[23:18] | He paints brand-new ones | 他还能用不同的荷兰绘画大师 |
[23:20] | in the style of different Dutch old masters, | 画画的方式画出新的画作 |
[23:21] | and then passes them off as lost masterpieces. | 然后让这些画以遗失的杰作的名头出现 |
[23:24] | A not uncommon approach for forgers. | 这种手法对于伪造者来说并不罕见 |
[23:26] | It’s technically demanding, but… | 这需要高超的技术 |
[23:28] | makes spotting a forgery more difficult. | 也就让辨认伪造品更困难了 |
[23:30] | So, how’d it go with your father? | 和你父亲谈得怎么样 |
[23:32] | Aside from a slight disagreement regarding his estate, | 除了在继承他的财产上有一点分歧 |
[23:34] | we had a not unpleasant morning. | 我们这一上午说不上不愉快 |
[23:36] | Right up until the moment I realized he was being stalked. | 直到我发现他被跟踪了 |
[23:40] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[23:41] | When we left the meeting, I saw a man lingering nearby, | 我们离开的时候 我看到有人在附近晃悠 |
[23:44] | studying my father intently. | 一直盯着我父亲看 |
[23:46] | I believe he intended him ill. | 我觉得他想伤害他 |
[23:48] | Did you tell your father? | 你告诉你父亲了吗 |
[23:49] | Didn’t want to risk tipping my hand. | 我不想打草惊蛇 |
[23:51] | Finding and identifying this man will require a detective, | 找到这个人需要一位侦探 |
[23:54] | and while my father has a virtual Death Star | 虽然我父亲手下 |
[23:56] | at his disposal, I have little faith | 有个真实的死星军团 |
[23:59] | in the investigative arm of his group. | 但我不信任他手下的调查能力 |
[24:01] | So I trust you could do without me for a stretch. | 接下来一段时间你一个人应也没问题吧 |
[24:03] | Sure. | 当然 |
[24:04] | Gonna start an art project of my own. | 我要展开我自己的艺术项目了 |
[24:13] | Nice use of shading. | 阴影画得不错 |
[24:14] | Have you considered a career in art forgery? | 你有考虑过以伪造艺术品为生吗 |
[24:17] | This is merely a tool, | 这只是个工具 |
[24:19] | a visual aid I plan to forward to my contacts. | 是我用来展开调查的视觉辅助 |
[24:22] | How goes your investigation? | 你的调查有什么新进展吗 |
[24:23] | I’ve been looking into the provenances | 我在查米莎认为是范·福欧 |
[24:25] | of the paintings that Mischa thought | 伪造的那些作品 |
[24:27] | were forgeries by van Faux. | 都来自哪里 |
[24:29] | Most of them have histories that allegedly date back | 大部分画作据说都可以追溯到二战时期 |
[24:31] | to the Second World War, and then nothing. | 然后就没下文了 |
[24:33] | The histories of many European works of art | 很多欧洲艺术作品 |
[24:35] | were lost or destroyed during the war. | 都在战争中丢失或被毁了 |
[24:38] | Van Faux is no doubt aware of this | 范·福欧肯定知道这一点 |
[24:39] | and using it to his advantage. | 并且充分利用了这个条件 |
[24:41] | I thought the same thing, so instead of looking | 我也这么想 所以 |
[24:43] | at the paintings to try and find him, | 我不再试图通过画作本身找到他了 |
[24:45] | I started looking into the materials | 我开始调查 |
[24:46] | he would use to forge them. | 他用来伪造画作的材料了 |
[24:48] | Period-accurate paints, varnishes, brushes? | 能确定时间的颜料 画釉和刷子 |
[24:50] | Unfortunately, I struck out there, too. | 不幸的是 这条路也卡住了 |
[24:52] | I checked with all the companies that would make those materials, | 我查了能够制造这些材料的所有公司 |
[24:55] | but none of them points to van Faux. | 没有直接指向范·福欧的证据 |
[24:57] | There’s no regular buyers of the colors | 伦勃朗和鲁本斯常用的颜料 |
[24:58] | used by Rembrandt or Rubens, and no special requests | 没有长期买家 也没有发现购买 |
[25:01] | that would match a Vermeer or Brueghel. | 维梅尔和勃鲁盖尔常用颜料的人 |
[25:03] | What about canvases? | 画布呢 |
[25:05] | There are exactly five places | 只有五个地方生产 |
[25:06] | that make the reproductions | 用来重现17世纪画作 |
[25:07] | of the linen canvases used during the 17th century, | 所用的亚麻画布 |
[25:09] | but none of them seem to have any connection to van Faux. | 但没发现跟范·福欧有任何联系 |
[25:13] | Well, they wouldn’t. | 不会有关系的 |
[25:14] | Not if the canvases he’s using | 如果他用的画布 |
[25:16] | are actually from the 17th century. | 是17世纪的真品的话 |
[25:23] | So your theory is that van Faux has a time machine? | 所以你的理论是范·福欧有个时间机器 |
[25:27] | The frames around these paintings | 这些画作所用的画框 |
[25:28] | appear to be quite old. | 看起来都很有历史 |
[25:30] | Yeah, I noticed that, too. | 对 我也发现了 |
[25:31] | I just assumed he aged them. | 我觉得是他故意做旧的 |
[25:33] | Well, he could have. | 有可能 |
[25:34] | But why go to all the trouble? | 但何必这么麻烦呢 |
[25:35] | Why age new canvases and frames | 何必要费力做旧画布和画框 |
[25:37] | when you could just buy old ones? | 如果你可以轻易买到真的 |
[25:38] | What, you can buy frames and blank canvases | 怎么 你还能买到 |
[25:41] | from the 17th century? | 十七世纪的画布和画框 |
[25:42] | No, but you can buy lesser-known | 不能 但是不那么有名的 |
[25:44] | 17th century paintings for a few thousand dollars, | 十七世纪画作几千块钱还是能搞定的 |
[25:47] | frames and canvases included. | 包括画框和画布 |
[25:49] | So you think he buys old paintings, | 所以你认为他是买了古画 |
[25:50] | and then strips them or paints over them? | 然后把画布取下或者直接在上面作画 |
[25:52] | If anything, it would add to the authenticity | 这样甚至还能提高范·福欧 |
[25:54] | of van Faux’s work. | 作品的可信度 |
[25:55] | Old masters often reused frames and canvases. | 以前的大师经常重复使用画框和画布 |
[25:58] | So the question then becomes– | 所以现在问题就变成 |
[26:00] | who has been buying up all the least desirable | 谁一直在购买这些没人要的 |
[26:03] | Dutch paintings from the 1600s? | 十七世纪的荷兰画作 |
[26:09] | Class doesn’t start for another hour. | 绘画课一小时后才开始 |
[26:11] | We’re not here for a class, Mr. Wells. | 我们不是来上课的 韦尔斯先生 |
[26:14] | We’re here to talk to you about some paintings | 我们是来跟你谈谈 |
[26:16] | you recently bought that we think | 你最近买的一些画作的 |
[26:18] | you were gonna turn into forgeries. | 我们认为你会将其变为赝品 |
[26:19] | I’m Captain Gregson with the NYPD. | 我是纽约警局的格雷森警监 |
[26:21] | This is Detectives Bell, Lewis and Orosco. | 这位是贝尔警探 后面是路易斯和奥罗斯科 |
[26:25] | Would it help if I told you I have no idea | 如果我说我根本不知道你们在说什么 |
[26:27] | what you’re talking about? | 对你们会帮助吗 |
[26:28] | Not really. | 不会 |
[26:29] | We have a search warrant for this studio and your residence. | 我们有搜查令可以搜查这个画室和你的住所 |
[26:32] | If you’re working on any forged paintings | 如果你目前正在仿造任何画作 |
[26:34] | at the moment, pretty sure we’re gonna find them. | 我们肯定能找出来 |
[26:38] | Mischa told you about me, didn’t she? | 米莎告诉你们这事的 对不对 |
[26:40] | You admit to knowing Mischa Farrell? | 你承认自己认识米莎·法瑞尔吗 |
[26:42] | I have a feeling there’s no point in denying it. | 我感觉否认此事毫无意义 |
[26:45] | She didn’t tell us anything. | 她什么都没告诉我们 |
[26:47] | The work she was doing did help us find you, | 是她做的事情帮我们找到你的 |
[26:50] | which means you had her killed | 这也就意味着你让人杀了她 |
[26:52] | for nothing. | 根本没有意义 |
[26:54] | What? | 什么 |
[26:55] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[27:00] | Mischa’s dead? | 米莎死了 |
[27:02] | I’m curious, Mr. Wells. | 我很好奇 韦尔斯先生 |
[27:03] | Are paintings the only thing you forge, | 你只伪造画作吗 |
[27:06] | or do you also like to fake Egyptian antiquities? | 还是也喜欢伪造埃及古董 |
[27:09] | You admit you knew Mischa Farrell. | 你承认自己认识米莎·法瑞尔 |
[27:11] | We think you also knew she was getting closer | 我们认为你还知道她就快能证明 |
[27:13] | to proving you were the forger she called van Faux. | 你就是她称之为范·福欧的伪造者了 |
[27:16] | She’d identified dozens of your fakes. | 她认出了很多你伪造的赝品 |
[27:18] | She was a threat to you. | 她对你来说是个威胁 |
[27:20] | It’s true I knew about her research | 我确实知道她的研究 |
[27:22] | because she told me. | 因为是她告诉我的 |
[27:23] | She was determined to prove | 她决心要证明 |
[27:25] | I was the world’s greatest living forger, | 我是现世最厉害的伪造者 |
[27:27] | and she wouldn’t be dissuaded, | 而且她不肯轻易罢休 |
[27:29] | no matter how much I denied it. | 不管我怎么否认 |
[27:31] | But I would never have harmed her. | 但我永远都不会伤害她 |
[27:34] | Quite the contrary– I would have killed anybody | 恰恰相反 如果有人可能威胁到她 |
[27:36] | who I thought might be a threat to her. | 我甚至会杀了那个人 |
[27:38] | You admit you knew she was trying to expose you, | 你承认自己知道她想把你曝光 |
[27:41] | so why should we believe you’d want to protect her? | 那我们为什么要相信你会想保护她 |
[27:44] | Because that’s what fathers do. | 因为身为人父皆会如此 |
[27:48] | Mischa Farrell was my daughter. | 米莎·法瑞尔是我的女儿 |
[27:57] | I met Mischa’s mother at a Basquiat show | 我在纽约东村的巴斯奎特画展上 |
[27:59] | in the East Village. Back then, I was | 遇见了米莎的妈妈 当时 |
[28:02] | an up-and-coming painter on the local scene. | 我是当地一个小有名气的画家 |
[28:06] | She was the most beautiful thing | 而她是我见过的 |
[28:07] | I had ever laid eyes on, and… | 最漂亮的女人 |
[28:10] | we had a one-night stand. | 我们发生了一夜情 |
[28:12] | Mischa arrived nine months later. | 米莎九个月后出生了 |
[28:14] | We pulled Mischa’s birth certificate | 我们调取了米莎的出生证明 |
[28:16] | to check your story. | 来验证你的说法 |
[28:17] | You’re not on it. | 你的名字不在上面 |
[28:19] | Her mother’s decision, which I respected. | 这是她妈妈的决定 我很尊重 |
[28:22] | But I still wanted to do right by Mischa. | 但我还是想为米莎做正确的事情 |
[28:25] | So, when it became painfully clear that I would | 所以 当残酷的现实摆在我面前 |
[28:27] | never make a living as a legitimate artist, | 我发现自己永远不可能靠做合法的画家赚钱 |
[28:30] | I turned to forgery. | 我就转向了做赝品 |
[28:31] | I used the profits to pay Mischa’s child support. | 我用做赝品赚的钱付米莎的抚养费 |
[28:35] | Eventually, her mother trusted me enough | 最终 她妈妈足够信任我 |
[28:37] | to watch her after school and weekends. | 允许我在她周末和放学后照看她 |
[28:40] | She practically grew up in my studio. | 她几乎就是在我的画室长大的 |
[28:43] | And that’s how, as an adult, | 这就是为什么她长大以后 |
[28:44] | she came to recognize that your forgeries | 逐渐认出你伪造的画作 |
[28:45] | were being passed off as genuine old masters? | 被当做真品在流传 |
[28:48] | As a child, she had seen me paint them, | 她小时候看过我画那些画 |
[28:51] | and a few months ago, she confronted me. | 几个月前 她来找我对质 |
[28:53] | She was angry? | 她很生气吗 |
[28:55] | Quite the opposite. | 恰恰相反 |
[28:57] | She was proud of my work. | 她为我的作品而自豪 |
[28:59] | To her, I was every bit as good as the artists I imitated. | 在她眼里 我和那些我模仿的画家一样厉害 |
[29:04] | She wanted me to go public. | 她想让我为世人所知 |
[29:05] | She thought, if I cooperated with the authorities, | 她觉得如果我和官方合作 |
[29:08] | I’d be spared a prison sentence. | 我就不用坐牢 |
[29:10] | More importantly, I’d finally | 更重要的是 我的才华 |
[29:11] | be acknowledged for my talent. | 终于能够得到认可 |
[29:14] | Other admitted forgers have become | 其他被认可的伪造者 |
[29:16] | successful mainstream artists, you see. | 都成了成功的主流艺术家 |
[29:23] | But you refused? | 但你拒绝了 |
[29:25] | Unfortunately, she wasn’t the sort | 不幸的是 她不是那种 |
[29:27] | to take no for an answer. | 会接受拒绝的人 |
[29:29] | She set about trying to prove I was van Faux. | 她开始着手试图证明我就是范·福欧 |
[29:33] | I did everything I could to discourage her. | 我尽了全力阻止她 |
[29:35] | So you admit she was a threat and that you tried | 所以你承认她确实是个威胁 |
[29:38] | to shut her down to protect yourself. | 而且你试图阻止她来保护自己 |
[29:40] | I tried to protect her. | 我是想保护她 |
[29:43] | Few people understand how dangerous | 很少有人明白 |
[29:45] | the business of art can be. | 艺术这行当可以变得多危险 |
[29:48] | Criminals, oligarchs, despots, terrorists. | 罪犯 寡头 独裁者 恐怖分子 |
[29:51] | They all use art to move their dirty money | 他们都会用艺术品作掩护 |
[29:54] | from place to place. | 来转移他们手上的脏钱 |
[29:56] | Pay each other for guns, drugs, stolen goods. | 互相交易枪支 毒品和赃物 |
[30:00] | If Mischa had exposed you, | 如果米莎曝光了你 |
[30:02] | the collectors who own your forgeries | 拥有你伪造品的收藏家 |
[30:04] | would have lost millions. | 会损失上百万 |
[30:05] | Maybe one of them realized what she was trying to do, | 也许他们其中的一个发现了她想做什么 |
[30:09] | had her killed to keep her quiet. | 所以杀了她封口 |
[30:11] | I don’t deal directly | 我没有和那些 |
[30:12] | with any of the monsters who lurk | 在艺术界阴影下徘徊的禽兽们 |
[30:13] | in the art world shadows. | 做过直接的交易 |
[30:15] | But I know many by reputation. | 但是我听说过很多人 |
[30:19] | Perhaps, if you tell me more about her death, | 也许 如果你们告诉我更多她死亡的细节 |
[30:20] | I might be able to shed some light. | 我或许能提供些线索 |
[30:26] | Well, she was killed with a weapon called a khopesh. | 杀死她的是一种叫做寇派斯弯刀的武器 |
[30:29] | When we found her body, | 当我们找到她尸体的时候 |
[30:30] | someone was trying to turn it into a replica | 有人正想把她制作成 |
[30:33] | of an ancient mummy. | 一个古代木乃伊 |
[30:34] | The person we believe is responsible | 我们认为犯下这个罪行的人 |
[30:36] | is a forger known only as The Theban. | 是个被称为底比斯人的伪造者 |
[30:39] | I’ve heard of him. | 我听说过他 |
[30:40] | He forges Levantine antiquities. | 他伪造地中海东部的文物 |
[30:43] | The coffin of Mary Magdalene, the Akhenaten Papyrus, | 抹大拉的马利亚的棺材 阿赫那吞纸莎草 |
[30:47] | head of the Golden Calf. | 金牛犊的头 |
[30:48] | Those were all him. | 都是他的手笔 |
[30:50] | Do you know his real name? | 你知道他的真名吗 |
[30:52] | No one does. | 没人知道 |
[30:53] | But there is one thing, however, | 但有一件事 |
[30:55] | that sets The Theban apart from other forgers. | 底比斯人和其他伪造者有所不同 |
[30:58] | According to rumor, he has a way | 根据传言 他有一种特殊方法 |
[31:00] | to fool carbon-14 dating. | 能欺骗碳14年代测定 |
[31:02] | It’s how he makes his work seem suitably ancient. | 他以此来让他的作品看起来符合年代 |
[31:05] | If you can figure out | 如果你能查出 |
[31:06] | how he does that, it might lead you to him. | 他是怎么做到的 也许能顺着找到他 |
[31:11] | Rubbish. | 胡扯 |
[31:13] | There’s just no way to fake radio carbon dating. | 没有办法能够伪造碳同位素年代鉴定 |
[31:16] | The test measures the age of an object | 这测试是基于放射衰变率 |
[31:18] | based on the rate of radioactive decay. | 来测定物体的年龄 |
[31:20] | You can’t speed that rate up. | 你不可能加快衰变率 |
[31:21] | If you could, Chernobyl and Fukushima | 如果可以 切诺贝利和福岛 |
[31:23] | would’ve been cleaned up over night. | 一晚上就能清理干净了 |
[31:25] | That being said, | 话虽如此 |
[31:26] | it was clear that Mr. Wells thought | 很显然韦尔斯认为 |
[31:28] | what he was saying to be true. | 他所说的是真的 |
[31:29] | So I reached out to some contacts in the art world, | 所以我联络了一些艺术界的联系人 |
[31:31] | and a few of them had heard the same rumors. | 其中有一些人听说过同样的传言 |
[31:34] | That The Theban could somehow fool the test. | 说底比斯人有办法骗过测试 |
[31:37] | Which made us wonder– what if the rumors | 于是我们猜测 如果这个传言 |
[31:39] | were started by The Theban himself? | 是底比斯人自己放出来的呢 |
[31:41] | In other words, what if he was | 换句话说 如果他是在 |
[31:42] | propagating some nonsensical story | 传播某种荒谬的故事 |
[31:44] | in order to hide the truth about how he | 以此来隐藏背后他真正用来 |
[31:47] | was circumventing authentication? | 饶过验证的办法呢 |
[31:49] | He might not be able to bend | 他或许不能够扭曲 |
[31:50] | the rules of physics, | 物理的法则 |
[31:51] | but he could compromise the person who’s applying them. | 但他可以让使用它的人妥协 |
[31:55] | You think he uses a crooked authenticator? | 你认为他贿赂了鉴定者 |
[31:58] | We looked into the few known forgeries | 我们调查了几个已知 |
[31:59] | that had been connected to The Theban. | 和底比斯人有过接触的伪造品 |
[32:01] | In particular the three that Jasper mentioned. | 特别是贾斯帕提到过的那三个 |
[32:04] | The coffin of Mary Magdalene, | 抹大拉的马利亚的棺材 |
[32:05] | the Akhenaten Papyrus and the head of the Golden Calf. | 阿赫那吞纸莎草和金牛犊的头 |
[32:08] | All three were authenticated by the same person. | 所有三个都是同一个人鉴定的 |
[32:11] | Your friend, | 你的朋友 |
[32:12] | Professor Hausmann. | 豪斯曼教授 |
[32:13] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[32:15] | He tried to convince us that Mischa’s death | 他之前还想让我们相信米莎的死 |
[32:16] | wasn’t a murder, remember? | 不是谋杀 记得吗 |
[32:18] | Just like he would if he were | 如果他真和底比斯人有交易 |
[32:20] | in business with The Theban. | 他恰恰会这么做 |
[32:21] | Now, if he is on The Theban’s payroll, | 如果他确实收了底比斯人的钱 |
[32:23] | he’d be our best chance at locating him. | 他就是我们的最佳线索 |
[32:25] | I’ll call him right now. | 我现在就给他打电话 |
[32:27] | Tell him we need him to come in here | 告诉他我们需要他来这里 |
[32:29] | for another consult. | 再做一次顾问 |
[32:30] | No need. Marcus is already on it. | 不需要 马库斯已经去办了 |
[32:35] | We have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[32:36] | Hausmann is at St. Bede’s Hospital. | 豪斯曼进了圣比德医院 |
[32:39] | Someone shot him. | 有人枪击了他 |
[32:42] | Detective who caught the case | 接了案子的警探 |
[32:43] | just walked me through her notes. | 刚给我过了一遍她的记录 |
[32:45] | Hausmann was shot | 豪斯曼被枪击时 |
[32:46] | while walking his dog in Central Park | 正在中央公园遛狗 |
[32:48] | around 5:00 A.M. | 时间在早上五点左右 |
[32:49] | – No witnesses. – Gets worse. | -没有目击证人 -更糟 |
[32:51] | He died in surgery. | 他死在手术床上了 |
[32:54] | Gotta figure The Theban was the shooter, right? | 底比斯人一定就是凶手了 对吧 |
[32:56] | He was tying up loose ends. | 他在解决细枝末节 |
[32:57] | I’m not so sure The Theban did this. | 我不太肯定是底比斯人干的 |
[33:00] | They found extensive scarring in Hausmann’s lungs. | 他们在豪斯曼的肺里发现了大量淤痕 |
[33:02] | I saw this kind of damage | 我在做手术医师的时候 |
[33:03] | back when I was a surgeon– in a metalworker. | 见过这种类型的伤 在金属工人身上 |
[33:06] | There’s a couple things that could have caused it. | 有几个原因会造成这种情况 |
[33:07] | One of them is chronic potassium sulfide inhalation. | 其中一种就是长期吸入硫化钾 |
[33:11] | Potassium sulfide is used to patina bronze, | 硫化钾是用来做铜绿的 |
[33:13] | but it can also be used to artificially age | 但也可以用来人工改变 |
[33:15] | metallic objects to make them look ancient. | 金属物体的年龄 让它们看起来很古老 |
[33:18] | A burial mask of a forged mummy, for example. | 譬如一个假木乃伊的葬礼面具 |
[33:21] | Well, the people who found | 那些发现了 |
[33:22] | The Theban’s workshop said he was wearing a respirator, | 底比斯人工作室的人说他当时戴着面罩 |
[33:24] | so maybe he knew about the damage to his lungs | 也许他知道这些工作会损伤他的肺 |
[33:26] | and was taking precautions. | 所以采取了保护措施 |
[33:28] | Hausmann wasn’t working for The Theban. | 豪斯曼不是在为底比斯人工作 |
[33:30] | He was The Theban. | 他就是底比斯人 |
[33:33] | Say you’re right. | 假设你是对的 |
[33:34] | Who the hell killed him? | 那到底谁杀了他 |
[33:36] | Maybe what you said before was right– | 也许你之前说的是对的 |
[33:37] | The Theban was just a middleman. | 底比斯人只是一个中间人 |
[33:39] | So someone who owns a bunch of Jasper Wells’s forgeries | 一个拥有大量贾斯帕·韦尔斯的赝品的人 |
[33:42] | hired The Theban to arrange Mischa Farrell’s murder, | 雇了底比斯人来安排米莎·法瑞尔的谋杀 |
[33:44] | then killed him to make sure he never talked. | 然后杀了底比斯人来确保他不会泄露秘密 |
[33:46] | If that’s correct, that would greatly narrow | 如果真是如此 那会极大地 |
[33:48] | the parameters of our search. | 缩小我们的搜查范围 |
[33:50] | We’d be looking for someone who had a good deal to lose | 如果米莎公开她父亲的事情 |
[33:52] | if Mischa exposed her father’s fakes. | 凶手会有很多损失 |
[33:55] | And who had a relationship with The Theban. | 并且他与底比斯人也有合作关系 |
[33:57] | Speaking of identifying dangerous men, | 说到辨别危险人物 |
[33:59] | I’ve had some feedback on my art project. | 我自己的艺术项目上也有进展了 |
[34:01] | Gotta go. | 先走一步 |
[34:05] | What’s that about? | 那是什么情况 |
[34:07] | It’s family business. | 一些家庭事务 |
[34:09] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[34:12] | This is one of mine. | 这幅是我画的 |
[34:17] | This is real. | 这副是真迹 |
[34:22] | Keep going. | 继续 |
[34:23] | I’ll be right back. | 我一会儿就回来 |
[34:33] | Was CCS able to break into Hausmann’s phone? | 通讯组能破译豪斯曼的手机吗 |
[34:35] | The phone and more. | 手机 还有其他 |
[34:36] | They got access to his financials, | 他们查到了豪斯曼的经济状况 |
[34:38] | including an offshore account | 包括一个他为赝品生意 |
[34:39] | he used for his forgery business. | 开设的海外账户 |
[34:42] | No doubt about it– he was The Theban. | 毋庸置疑 他就是底比斯人 |
[34:44] | Few days before Mischa Farrell was killed, | 在米莎·法瑞尔被杀的前几天 |
[34:46] | he received 50 grand from someone else’s offshore account. | 他收到了从其他海外账户汇来的五万美金 |
[34:49] | Few hours later, he transferred that same amount | 几小时后 他把这五万美金转汇给了 |
[34:52] | to Blaine Geary. | 布莱恩·吉尔里 |
[34:53] | So he was just a middleman. | 所以他的确只是个中间人 |
[34:55] | How’s it going with Mr. Wells? | 韦尔斯先生进行得如何了 |
[34:57] | Find anyone who owns his forgeries | 能找到既拥有他的赝品 |
[34:59] | and might have a connection to The Theban? | 又与底比斯人有关系的人吗 |
[35:00] | Well, the overlap between collectors of Dutch old masters | 荷兰早期绘画大师作品的收藏家与 |
[35:03] | and collectors of Egyptian antiquities is virtually nil. | 埃及古董收藏家的交集几乎为零 |
[35:06] | And there’s no indication that the ones | 而且没有任何迹象表明 |
[35:08] | who bought fakes painted by Jasper have been trying to move them. | 购买贾斯帕赝品的人试图转移画作 |
[35:11] | So it makes me think we’re looking in the wrong place. | 所以我在想我们是不是找错地方了 |
[35:13] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[35:15] | The odds that someone | 在不知情的情况下 |
[35:16] | unknowingly bought a fake from one forger | 从一位伪造师那里买了赝品 |
[35:18] | and has a relationship with another are slim. | 并与另一位伪造师有联系的几率很小 |
[35:21] | Well, who else would have lost money | 如果米莎·法瑞尔公开她父亲的事 |
[35:23] | if Mischa Farrell exposed her dad? | 还有谁会受到经济损失 |
[35:25] | Jasper’s been telling me a little about how he does business. | 贾斯帕跟我说了一些他如何卖画的情况 |
[35:28] | He never deals directly with big collectors. | 他从不直接与收藏家交涉 |
[35:30] | Instead, he uses middlemen and cutouts. | 而是使用中间人和样品图册 |
[35:32] | You’re thinking the killer isn’t someone who bought Jasper’s fakes, | 你认为凶手不是买了贾斯帕赝品的人 |
[35:35] | but someone who helped sell them? | 而是帮助他卖画的人 |
[35:36] | Imagine you knowingly sold fakes to criminals. | 假设你故意卖赝品给罪犯 |
[35:39] | I mean, you’d be pretty nervous, too, | 如果你发现了米莎在写的书 |
[35:41] | if you found out about the book that Mischa was working on. | 你一定也很紧张 |
[35:43] | Yeah, one of your clients reads it, | 没错 如果你的客户读到了这书 |
[35:45] | you’re the one who could wind up dead. | 你就是倒霉的那个人 |
[35:46] | So you kill Mischa to make sure that never happens. | 所以你杀了米莎来确保这事永远不会发生 |
[35:49] | The kind of person you’re talking about | 你描述的这种人 |
[35:50] | would also be more likely to know The Theban. | 也很有可能知道底比斯人 |
[35:53] | Sounds to me like we should ask Jasper | 看上去我们需要向贾斯帕 |
[35:55] | if we could take a look at his contact list. | 要一份他的中间人联系方式了 |
[36:09] | How were you planning to kill my father? | 你打算怎么杀死我父亲 |
[36:10] | Heart attack or… something more creative? | 心脏病 还是其他更有创意的方法 |
[36:14] | You’re the son. | 你就是那个儿子 |
[36:16] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[36:18] | Fleeing is pointless. | 逃跑是没有意义的 |
[36:20] | The hotel exits have been secured by MI6. | 酒店的出口都有军情六处的人把守着 |
[36:23] | They helped me identify you. | 他们帮我确定了你的身份 |
[36:26] | Your name is Vanja Borozan. | 你的名字是万尼亚·博罗扎 |
[36:28] | You are a high-priced assassin. | 是个重金杀手 |
[36:31] | You’re a disciple of Daniel Gottlieb, | 丹尼尔·戈特里布是你师父 |
[36:33] | the killer known as “The Actuary.” | 人称”精算师”的杀手 |
[36:36] | And you just locked yourself in a room with me. | 而你刚把自己和我锁在了一个房间里 |
[36:40] | Well, as you can see, I’ve disabled your weapon. | 如你所见 我把你的武器都拆了 |
[36:43] | And I’m confident I would prevail in a physical confrontation. | 而且我有信心如果要肉搏我会占上风 |
[36:47] | I have other ways of eliminating a threat. | 我有别的方法来消除威胁 |
[36:50] | Yes, I’m well aware of your particular modus operandi. | 是的 我很了解你独特的手段 |
[36:54] | Like your mentor, you prefer your murders | 像你的导师一样 你擅长把谋杀 |
[36:56] | to look like accidents or natural causes. | 伪装成事故或者自然死亡 |
[37:01] | So, as long as I don’t let you approach me | 所以 只要我不让你 |
[37:02] | with a syringe or a banana peel, I should be just fine. | 拿着注射器或香蕉皮靠近我 我就没事 |
[37:07] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[37:08] | Well, for starters… | 首先 |
[37:11] | did you kill my brother? | 是不是你杀了我哥哥 |
[37:16] | Mycroft Holmes? | 麦考夫·福尔摩斯 |
[37:17] | There was an open contract out on him four years ago, | 四年前 一个法国的犯罪集团 |
[37:20] | offered by a French crime syndicate, | 开出了一份取他性命的公开悬赏 |
[37:23] | but no one collected on it. | 但没有人去领赏金 |
[37:25] | He died in a kitchen fire. | 他死于一场厨房火灾 |
[37:28] | My brother died in New Zealand last July. | 我哥哥是去年七月在新西兰去世的 |
[37:31] | They say it was natural causes. | 他们说是自然死亡 |
[37:34] | Last July, I was in a Chinese hospital | 去年七月 我正在中国的一家医院里 |
[37:36] | recovering from a car crash. | 调养车祸受的伤 |
[37:38] | Job gone wrong. | 工作出了岔子 |
[37:40] | Couldn’t move, let alone work. | 动都动不了 更别说工作了 |
[37:42] | I’ll see if my friends downstairs can verify that. | 我会问问楼下的朋友们能不能证实这点 |
[37:46] | In the meantime, who hired you to kill my father? | 与此同时 谁雇你来杀我父亲的 |
[37:55] | I can’t answer that. | 我不能回答 |
[37:56] | Oh, you will answer. | 你会回答的 |
[37:59] | Either to me or to the servants of the queen. | 要么告诉我 要么告诉女王的侍从们 |
[38:03] | No. No. | 不 |
[38:05] | No one’s getting anything else from me. | 谁也别想从我这里得到什么信息 |
[38:08] | I have family, too. | 我也有家人 |
[38:26] | Rubens, Brueghel the Younger, two van Dycks. | 鲁本斯 小勃鲁盖尔 两幅范·戴克 |
[38:29] | They should easily fetch ten million apiece | 只要找对买家 |
[38:32] | from the right buyer. | 每幅都能轻松卖到千万 |
[38:33] | All I want is five million | 而我只想要五百万 |
[38:34] | wired to my bank in Luxembourg. | 电汇到我在卢森堡的银行 |
[38:36] | But it has to be today. | 但必须今天就到账 |
[38:39] | You’re not usually in such a rush. | 你通常没这么着急的 |
[38:41] | I apologize, but recent events have convinced me | 抱歉 但最近的事让我觉得 |
[38:44] | it’s time to retire. | 是时候退休了 |
[38:46] | Think of this as a going-out-of-business sale. | 就把这当成关门大甩卖吧 |
[38:49] | So, are you interested? | 你有兴趣吗 |
[38:51] | Yes. | 有 |
[38:54] | Oh-six. Right. | 六 对 |
[38:56] | I need four paintings picked up at the address I gave you. | 会有四幅画送到我给你的那个地址 |
[39:00] | No billing on the delivery. | 交付时没有账单 |
[39:02] | I’ll pay cash. All right. | 我会付现金 好的 |
[39:03] | As soon as possible. | 尽快 |
[39:06] | You can cancel that order. | 你可以把那订单取消了 |
[39:10] | Unless, of course, you want to ask | 当然 除非你想 |
[39:11] | your delivery people to bring Mr. Wells’s paintings | 让给你送货的人把韦尔斯先生的画 |
[39:13] | straight to the 11th Precinct. | 直接送到11分局 |
[39:15] | What’s this? What… what’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 什么情况 |
[39:17] | What’s going on, Mr. Venetto, | 维内托先生 情况就是 |
[39:19] | is you’re about to be arrested. | 你要被捕了 |
[39:20] | – For what? – We were listening in on | -为什么 -我们监听了 |
[39:22] | the conversation you had with Jasper. | 你跟贾斯帕的谈话 |
[39:24] | You just agreed to buy four of his fakes. | 你刚同意买下他的四副赝品 |
[39:26] | There’s no crime in purchasing a few oil paintings | 买几幅模仿旧时荷兰大师的油画 |
[39:28] | done in the style of the old Dutch masters. | 可不算犯罪 |
[39:31] | Actually, there is– | 其实有罪可寻 |
[39:32] | once you try to pass them off to collectors | 如果你试图把它们当做历时三百年的大师作品 |
[39:34] | as 300-year-old masterpieces. | 传给收藏家们的话 |
[39:36] | But that’s not why we’re here. | 但这不是我们来的目的 |
[39:38] | We’re here because you solicited | 我们来这里 是因为你 |
[39:39] | the murder of Mischa Farrell. | 雇人杀了米莎·法瑞尔 |
[39:41] | Murder? | 杀人 |
[39:42] | Hands against the wall. | 手放到墙上 |
[39:46] | We got a surveillance warrant for your phone. | 我们有搜查令监控了你的手机 |
[39:50] | We know you just transferred $5 million to Mr. Wells | 我们知道你刚从黎巴嫩的一个离岸账户 |
[39:54] | from an offshore account based in Lebanon. | 给韦尔斯先生转了五百万美金 |
[39:57] | More importantly, we were able to match that account to the one | 更重要的是 我们查到那个账户 |
[39:59] | that was used to pay Hausmann to arrange Mischa’s murder. | 就是给豪斯曼付款好让他安排杀米莎的账户 |
[40:02] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[40:05] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:05] | You probably know him better as The Theban. | 可能说”底比斯人”你会更熟悉 |
[40:08] | See, you don’t sell many Egyptian antiquities, | 你看 你没有很多埃及古董能卖 |
[40:10] | but you do sell them. | 可你确实卖出去了 |
[40:11] | Gotta figure at least a few were forged by him. | 让人不得不认为 有一些是他伪造的 |
[40:14] | How else would you have known to ask him for help | 不然你怎么会知道 |
[40:16] | with your Mischa problem? | 让他去解决米莎这个麻烦呢 |
[40:17] | Of course, that left you with a Theban problem, | 当然 这样你就又有了一个底比斯人的麻烦 |
[40:19] | but you solved that one on your own. | 但这回你亲自解决了 |
[40:21] | You shot him while he was walking his dog. | 你在他遛狗的时候枪杀了他 |
[40:23] | Please, try to understand. | 拜托 请理解 |
[40:24] | Mischa’s book would have ruined me. | 米莎的书可能会毁了我 |
[40:26] | I’ve sold almost a hundred of her father’s paintings | 我这些年卖了近一百幅她父亲的作品 |
[40:29] | over the years– some of them to dangerous people. | 有的是卖给了很危险的人 |
[40:31] | I never wanted to hurt her. | 我从来没想要伤害她 |
[40:34] | You’re just another fraud. | 你只是另一个造假犯 |
[40:36] | In the end, Mischa exposed you, too. | 到最后 米莎把你也曝光了 |
[40:38] | Armand Venetto, you’re under arrest. | 阿曼德·维内托 你被捕了 |
[40:42] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[40:44] | Anything you say can be used against you in the court of law. | 你说的任何话都可能在法庭上用于指证你 |
[40:48] | You’re certain that he was planning to kill me? | 你确定他打算杀我 |
[40:51] | As certain as I can be. | 非常确定 |
[40:53] | Now, I have not been able to determine who he was working for. | 但我无法确定他是为谁工作的 |
[40:56] | I don’t know if you were targeted because of your day job | 我不知道你成为目标 是因为你正常的 |
[40:58] | as an international consultant | 作为国际顾问的工作 |
[41:00] | or because of your current position at the head | 还是因为你目前 |
[41:02] | of Moriarty’s organization. | 作为莫里亚蒂的组织头领的身份 |
[41:04] | But whoever hired him, they would likely try again. | 但不管是谁雇的他 他们很可能再度尝试 |
[41:10] | You should be prepared for more attempts on your life. | 你该准备好 可能有更多想要你命的行动 |
[41:14] | I’m afraid I was expecting this. | 恐怕我已经预料到了 |
[41:17] | There’s a certain inevitability to it. | 某种程度上这是必然的 |
[41:22] | One final problem to face. | 是要面对的最终问题 |
[41:25] | I didn’t expect it quite so soon. | 我没想到会来得这么快 |
[41:27] | You know who hired him? | 你知道是谁雇了他 |
[41:30] | I understand that her FBI handlers | 我知道她在联调局的上线 |
[41:32] | lost track of her some time ago. | 早前失去了她的线索 |
[41:34] | Of course, they’re reluctant to discuss details. I… | 当然 他们拒绝讨论详情… |
[41:37] | But I assumed she was regrouping, | 但我猜想她在重新组队 |
[41:39] | gathering her forces for the final struggle, | 召集力量面对最后的决战 |
[41:42] | but this would seem to indicate that I was wrong. | 但这会让我的猜想看起来似乎错了 |
[41:47] | But then I wouldn’t be the first Holmes man to underestimate her. | 但我也不是第一个低估她的福尔摩斯家的男人 |
[41:56] | She’s back, son. | 她回来了 儿子 |
[41:59] | And she wants what’s hers. | 她想拿回自己的东西 |
[42:05] | Moriarty. | 莫里亚蒂 |