时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[00:13] | It’s a fine automobile, Alfredo. | 这车不错 阿弗雷多 |
[00:16] | Fine? | 不错 |
[00:17] | Sunsets are fine. Puppies are fine. | 落日可以叫不错 小狗可以叫不错 |
[00:19] | This car is exquisite. | 这车可是精品 |
[00:20] | Six-piston GT-R, slotted brake kit, | 六活塞的超级赛车 开槽式制动设备 |
[00:23] | 5.4-liter supercharged V8. | 机械增压的5.4升V8引擎 |
[00:25] | Not to mention the unbeatable | 更不要提我为它设计的 |
[00:26] | security system I designed for it. | 无敌的安保系统了 |
[00:28] | “Fine.” | 居然只说”不错” |
[00:29] | Well, it’s just not what I expected. | 好吧 只是跟我期待的不太一样 |
[00:31] | That’s all. I mean, you said we’d be touring | 仅此而已 你说我们会开着 |
[00:32] | in the most revolutionary car out there. | 当下最革新的车去兜风 |
[00:35] | You think some other car is more revolutionary? | 你觉得还有别的车比这个更革新 |
[00:38] | I don’t think it’s a matter of opinion. | 我觉得这不是谁怎么看的问题 |
[00:41] | Charles Duryea’s 1893 Motor Wagon | 查尔斯·达里埃的1893式小货车 |
[00:43] | represented the greatest single advancement | 已经代表了汽车工艺史上 |
[00:45] | in the history of motor craft. | 最伟大的一次进步 |
[00:46] | Fine, have it your way. | 好吧 随你怎么说 |
[00:48] | Oh, man. | 天 |
[00:51] | Well, my spirits have been elevated as you intended. | 如你所愿 我现在已经振奋起来了 |
[00:53] | The setting is just right, and I’m as ready as I’ll ever be | 环境恰到好处 我准备好 |
[00:56] | to entertain whatever request | 考虑你的任何请求了 |
[00:58] | you’ve been working up the gumption to voice. | 毕竟你鼓足勇气才来说的 |
[01:01] | Okay, smart guy. | 好吧 聪明鬼 |
[01:05] | I need you to help me steal $100,000. | 我需要你帮我偷十万美金 |
[01:15] | How’d you get the keys to the bio lab? | 你怎么拿到生物实验室的钥匙的 |
[01:17] | My best friend’s a T.A. in the department. | 我最好的朋友是院里的助教 |
[01:19] | Is it cool that we’re in here? | 我们在这里没问题吗 |
[01:20] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[01:22] | Seriously, is it? | 真没事吗 |
[01:24] | Maybe you should stop asking so many questions, huh? | 或许你该别再问这么多问题了 |
[01:29] | Maybe I should stop asking so many questions. | 或许我该别再问这么多问题了 |
[01:38] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[01:40] | Is that a rat? | 那是老鼠吗 |
[01:43] | They’re all over the place. | 到处都是老鼠 |
[01:48] | They’re coming from back there. | 它们是从那后面来的 |
[01:53] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[01:55] | I don’t know, but it’s-it’s awful. | 我不知道 但看着很糟 |
[01:57] | I was talking about the sound. | 我是说那个声音 |
[02:26] | Victim’s name is Noah Fogel. | 被害者名叫诺亚·福格尔 |
[02:29] | He was a biology professor. | 他是个生物教授 |
[02:31] | Couple of students found his body last night, | 昨天晚上两个学生发现了他的尸体 |
[02:33] | but decomp suggests he’s been dead | 但从尸体腐烂程度看 他已经死了 |
[02:34] | four or five days. | 四到五天 |
[02:36] | How has he been lying here that long? | 他怎么会在这里躺了这么久 |
[02:37] | This campus is very busy. | 这个大学非常繁忙 |
[02:39] | Usually, but everybody was on midterm break last week. | 平时是 但上周大家都在放期中假 |
[02:42] | Nobody around to find Dr. Fogel. | 没有人来找过福格尔博士 |
[02:45] | Except his rats, that is. | 除了他的老鼠 |
[02:46] | Looks like he collapsed into the cages, | 看着像是他倒在了笼子上 |
[02:49] | knocked them over, the rats got out. | 把它们打翻 老鼠跑了出来 |
[02:51] | And they repaid the favor by eating the guy. | 而它们通过吃掉这家伙 还了这人情 |
[02:54] | So, what makes you think this was a murder? | 是什么让你觉得这是凶杀案 |
[02:56] | Dr. Fogel wasn’t the only casualty. | 福格尔博士不是唯一的伤亡人员 |
[02:58] | CSU found four dead rats in and around his stomach. | 犯罪现场组在他的胃部附近发现了四只死老鼠 |
[03:04] | So he ate something that was poisoned, | 所以他吃了什么有毒的东西 |
[03:05] | and then those rats ate him? | 然后那几只老鼠又吃了他 |
[03:09] | Hopefully the lab will be able | 希望实验室能 |
[03:10] | to tell us what was in his system. | 告诉我们他身体里的是什么 |
[03:16] | – I think it was thallium. – What? | -我觉得是铊 -什么 |
[03:18] | It’s a soft metal. It’s odorless, | 一种软金属 无香 |
[03:20] | colorless, tasteless, but extremely toxic. | 无色 无味 但剧毒 |
[03:22] | What makes you think that’s what we’re looking at here? | 什么让你觉得铊就是我们要找的 |
[03:24] | High doses of thallium | 高剂量的铊 |
[03:26] | cause hair loss, which would explain this. | 会导致脱发 也就能解释这个了 |
[03:31] | Well, if you’re right, the question is– | 如果你是对的 那么问题是 |
[03:32] | what did this guy eat that was laced with the stuff? | 这家伙吃了什么被掺杂了那玩意儿的东西 |
[03:35] | Maybe those live rats will be able to tell us. | 希望这些还活着的老鼠能告诉我们 |
[03:38] | If we compare their droppings | 如果我们把它们接下来几天的排泄物 |
[03:39] | in the next few days to what’s inside the dead ones, | 跟那些死老鼠体内的进行对比 |
[03:41] | we might be able to identify what item of food was poisoned. | 也许能识别出什么食物被下毒了 |
[03:45] | Disgusting, but I get how it could lead us | 恶心 但我明白这将如何带我们 |
[03:47] | to the person who did the poisoning. | 找到那个下毒的人 |
[03:50] | So, how do we take a bunch of rats into evidence? | 我们要怎么把一群老鼠收为证据 |
[03:53] | We don’t. | 不用 |
[03:55] | Animal control will come get them. | 动物控制中心会来领走它们 |
[03:57] | Standard procedure for any animals | 这是处理任何牵扯进调查的动物的 |
[03:58] | involved in an investigation. | 标准程序 |
[04:01] | Guess I should warn them | 我想我应该警告他们 |
[04:02] | these guys have a taste for human flesh. | 这些家伙尝过人肉味 |
[04:08] | Noah kept to himself really. | 诺亚真的是独来独往 |
[04:10] | He was studying the effects of pesticides on small mammals. | 他在研究杀虫剂对小型哺乳类动物的影响 |
[04:14] | That’s why he had so many rats in the lab. | 这就是为什么他实验室里有那么多老鼠 |
[04:17] | He also taught a section | 他每学期还教 |
[04:18] | of undergrad biology every semester. | 大学生物的一章 |
[04:22] | But his real passion was research. | 但他真正热爱的是调研 |
[04:24] | He hated teaching almost as much as his students hated him. | 他讨厌教学的程度快赶上他的学生讨厌他了 |
[04:28] | They hated him? | 他们讨厌他 |
[04:30] | Noah was tough. | 诺亚非常严格 |
[04:32] | They called him “No A” behind his back. | 他们背后叫他”不给A” |
[04:36] | He sank a lot of GPAs over the years. | 他这么多年来拉低了很多人的绩点 |
[04:38] | It’s hard to imagine anyone would kill him over a C-plus. | 很难想象有人会为了个C加的成绩杀了他 |
[04:42] | Can you get us a list of the kids | 能给我们一份他过去几年 |
[04:44] | that he taught the last few years? | 教过的孩子的名单吗 |
[04:46] | – Sure. – What about Dr. Fogel’s personal life? | -当然 -那福格尔博士的个人生活呢 |
[04:49] | You said he kept to himself. | 你说了他独来独往 |
[04:51] | He pretty much lived his whole life | 他基本上全部的生活 |
[04:52] | inside this building. | 都在这栋建筑里 |
[04:54] | Perhaps his drug dealer delivered. | 也许他的毒贩子送货上门了 |
[04:56] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[04:57] | Amphetamine, by the looks of it. | 安非他明 看起来是 |
[04:59] | It appears that Dr. Fogel’s rise to the top | 看起来福格尔先生的最好状态 |
[05:01] | was not entirely self-propelled. | 不是只靠自己就能达到的 |
[05:04] | There are 49 here. | 这里有49片 |
[05:05] | I’d wager there were an even 50 | 我敢打赌他买这些的时候 |
[05:06] | when he bought them– likely the same day | 里面是50片整 可能就在同一天 |
[05:08] | he bought this newspaper. They were inside it. | 他还买了这份报纸 药在报纸里面 |
[05:12] | This is from last Thursday, right around the time he died. | 这是上周四的 大约就是他死的时候 |
[05:15] | Perhaps he was poisoned by a bad batch of speed. | 也许他是被一片有问题的兴奋剂毒死的 |
[05:19] | Any idea who his dealer was? | 知道他的毒贩是谁吗 |
[05:21] | No. Like I said, I hardly ever saw him with anyone. | 不 我说了 我很少看见他跟别人在一起 |
[05:25] | Might I suggest a good old-fashioned witch hunt? | 我能提议来一场老式的巫师捕猎吗 |
[05:31] | Richie Esposito, I’m Captain Gregson. | 里奇·埃斯波西托 我是格雷森警监 |
[05:34] | This is Detective Bell. | 这位是贝尔警探 |
[05:36] | Thanks for coming in. | 感谢你能过来 |
[05:38] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:39] | What am I doing here? | 为什么找我来 |
[05:41] | Come on, Richie. | 得了吧 里奇 |
[05:42] | You can’t be too surprised. | 你不至于太吃惊吧 |
[05:43] | You’ve been selling amphetamine and weed | 你已经卖了两年的安非他明和大麻 |
[05:45] | to college kids for two years. | 给大学生了 |
[05:47] | Who told you that? | 谁说的 |
[05:48] | Pretty much everyone. | 差不多人人都这么说 |
[05:50] | I walked around campus today. Every kid I talked to | 我今天在校园里走了走 我问过的 |
[05:52] | said you were the guy to go to | 所有孩子都说你就是那个 |
[05:54] | for study buddies with a witch on ’em. | 卖印着巫师的学习助手药片的人 |
[05:57] | That’s the downside to good branding. | 这就是好品牌的负面效果 |
[05:59] | You made a name for yourself. | 你让自己出名了 |
[06:03] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[06:04] | Wherever you got those pills, they came from me. | 不管你的药片是从哪来的 是我卖的 |
[06:06] | But this is nuts. | 但这太疯狂了 |
[06:08] | You said this is Major Cases, right? | 你说这是重案组 是吧 |
[06:09] | And you’re a captain? | 而你是警监对吗 |
[06:12] | I’m just a guy who deals | 我只是一个在学生会 |
[06:13] | a little speed at the student union. | 卖点兴奋剂的人 |
[06:14] | Don’t sell yourself short, Richie. | 别妄自菲薄 里奇 |
[06:16] | You’re also a murder suspect. | 你还是个谋杀案嫌疑人 |
[06:19] | What? | 什么 |
[06:20] | Noah Fogel’s dead. | 诺亚·福格尔死了 |
[06:22] | Poisoned. | 被毒死的 |
[06:23] | We know he was one of your clients. | 我们知道他是你的客户之一 |
[06:26] | You sold those pills | 你在他死亡前夜 |
[06:27] | to Noah right before he died, didn’t you? | 把那些药卖给了他 对吗 |
[06:30] | What’s the lab gonna tell us | 关于药片里的成分 |
[06:31] | about what’s in them? | 实验室会怎么说 |
[06:33] | Nothing. My stuff is clean. | 没什么 我的药是干净的 |
[06:34] | But as far as Noah goes, he was a great customer. | 但诺亚是位很棒的顾客 |
[06:37] | He paid up front, on time, and never caused any trouble. | 他会先付钱 很准时 而且从不惹麻烦 |
[06:41] | I was making a killing off that guy, | 我从他身上赚了不少 |
[06:42] | especially lately. | 尤其是最近 |
[06:43] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[06:44] | He was buying more pills than ever. | 他比平时买得更多 |
[06:46] | He said, uh, he was staying up late working on some… | 他说他在熬夜做什么… |
[06:49] | secret project. | 秘密项目 |
[06:54] | You need to find out what it was. | 你们得弄清楚那是什么 |
[06:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:56] | Because he said it was | 因为他说那将是 |
[06:58] | going to be the death of him. | 他的死亡 |
[07:01] | I thought he was joking, but… | 我以为他在开玩笑 但是… |
[07:03] | I don’t know– maybe it was. | 我不知道 也许是真的 |
[07:05] | You think someone killed him over his research? | 你觉得有人因为他的研究杀了他 |
[07:07] | All I know is he’s dead and I didn’t do it. | 我只知道他死了 不是我干的 |
[07:13] | Figure out what he was working on, | 查清楚他在研究什么 |
[07:14] | maybe you’ll find the person who did. | 也许你们就能找到凶手 |
[07:19] | That “safest rides in New York” sign | 那个”纽约最安全的车”的标志 |
[07:21] | looks like it was painted by a child. | 看起来就像小孩子涂的 |
[07:23] | Have you considered the possibility that the owner | 你有没有考虑过 |
[07:24] | of this establishment hasn’t paid you | 这个老板没给你钱 |
[07:26] | because he’s an imbecile and simply forgot? | 可能只是因为他很蠢或者只是忘了 |
[07:28] | No, it’s ’cause he’s a piece of garbage. | 不 是因为他是个混蛋 |
[07:30] | I told you it took me a month | 我跟你说了 我花了一个月 |
[07:31] | to install security systems in every car in his fleet. | 给他车队里的所有车装了安保系统 |
[07:34] | And you haven’t been paid for parts or labor? | 而你还没收到零件费或者劳务费 |
[07:36] | 98 G’s. | 九万八 |
[07:37] | Owner said I did shoddy work, refused to pay. | 老板说我干得很烂 拒绝付钱 |
[07:41] | You ever know me to do shoddy work? | 你什么时候见我干得烂过 |
[07:44] | Owner keeps a lot of cash in a safe inside. | 老板在店里的保险箱里放了很多现金 |
[07:47] | I’m only gonna take what I’m owed. | 我只拿他欠我的钱 |
[07:48] | Obviously, the alarm system’s not a problem, | 显然报警系统不是问题 |
[07:50] | but I’m no expert when it comes to cracking safes. | 但我不是开保险箱的专家 |
[07:53] | His is in a wall. | 他的保险箱在墙里 |
[07:54] | It’s got a dial combination. | 是键盘密码锁 |
[07:56] | Think you can crack it? | 你觉得你能打开吗 |
[07:58] | As I told you before, planning the perfect crime | 我跟你说过 计划完美的犯罪 |
[08:01] | is child’s play compared to unraveling one. | 跟破解犯罪比起来是小儿科 |
[08:03] | But I’m just… I’m not seeing the whole picture. | 但我只是…我看不到全局 |
[08:06] | Oh, place backs up into a warehouse. | 这地方后面是个仓库 |
[08:08] | There is nobody there after 6:00. | 六点以后就没有人了 |
[08:08] | No, that’s not what I meant. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[08:10] | I’ve heard no mention of a civil lawsuit, | 我没有听你说到民事诉讼 |
[08:12] | claims court, Better Business Bureau. | 法庭索赔还有商业改善局 |
[08:15] | There are any number of non-felonious ways | 有很多不需要犯法的方式 |
[08:17] | that you could make yourself whole. | 可以让你挽回损失 |
[08:19] | Your willingness to stoop to theft | 你自甘堕落去偷窃的意愿 |
[08:21] | suggests a dire crisis, so… what’s going on? | 说明你遇到了财务危机 怎么了 |
[08:27] | It’s my brother. | 是我哥哥 |
[08:28] | Dante? | 但丁 |
[08:30] | He put you up to this? | 他让你这么做的吗 |
[08:31] | No, he doesn’t know anything about it. | 不 他完全不知道这事 |
[08:34] | His silk screen company went belly-up. | 他的丝印厂要破产了 |
[08:36] | He owes his business partners 85 grand. | 他欠他的合伙人八万五 |
[08:40] | If he doesn’t pay in three days, it’s kneecaps– at least. | 如果他三天内不还 最少得失去膝盖骨 |
[08:44] | Well, the good news is they could never break his spine, | 好消息是他们没法打断他的脊梁骨 |
[08:46] | ’cause we both know he hasn’t got one. | 因为我们都知道他没有 |
[08:47] | – Sherlock. – Come to think of it, he hasn’t got a heart, either. | -夏洛克 -仔细想来 他也没有心 |
[08:50] | If he’s in trouble, he no doubt deserves it. | 如果他有麻烦了 那肯定是活该 |
[08:53] | He deserves more. | 他活该遇到更多麻烦 |
[08:55] | I’m not going to help him. | 我不会帮他的 |
[08:57] | But you’re not helping him; you’re helping me. | 但你不是在帮他 你是在帮我 |
[08:58] | It’s my money, and I want it back. | 这是我的钱 我想拿回来 |
[09:01] | – You in or out? – Out. | -你到底加不加入 -不加入 |
[09:04] | You serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[09:05] | When am I not? | 我什么时候不认真过 |
[09:22] | What is that sound? | 那是什么声音啊 |
[09:24] | Mating calls of the Serengeti. | 塞伦盖蒂平原的求偶呼唤 |
[09:27] | A number of studies have concluded | 一些研究表明 |
[09:28] | that exposure to nature sounds | 聆听自然的声音 |
[09:30] | can reduce stress and improve focus. | 可以消除紧张集中注意力 |
[09:32] | Yeah, I think they were talking about, like, rain | 好吧 我觉得他们说的是雨声 |
[09:34] | or ocean waves, not horny wildebeests. | 或者海浪声 而不是饥渴的角马 |
[09:40] | What’s all this? | 这些都是什么 |
[09:41] | This is every bit of research | 这是福格尔博士实验室里 |
[09:42] | that was available at Dr. Fogel’s lab. | 能找到的所有研究结果 |
[09:44] | I had it sent over when Marcus | 马库斯说他的毒贩线索断了 |
[09:45] | said his drug dealer was a dead end. | 我就让人把这些送过来了 |
[09:47] | Got the same message. | 我也收到了相同的信息 |
[09:49] | Guy was a sleaze, but the speed he sold | 那家伙是很卑鄙 但他卖的兴奋剂 |
[09:52] | tested negative for thallium. | 没有检测出铊的成分 |
[09:53] | So, you see anything worth killing over? | 你发现什么值得杀人的东西了吗 |
[09:55] | So far, nothing that might pertain to | 目前没有找到跟那个毒贩所说的 |
[09:58] | the secret project the drug dealer was alluding to. | 秘密项目有关的任何东西 |
[10:01] | It’s hard to imagine the news that pesticides | 很难想象杀虫剂不该 |
[10:03] | should not be injected directly into rat brains | 被直接注入老鼠的大脑里这种消息 |
[10:06] | would shock the world. | 会震惊世界 |
[10:08] | Everything okay with Alfredo? | 阿弗雷多还好吗 |
[10:09] | As a matter of fact, no. | 其实不好 |
[10:11] | He is, uh, quite keen on burglarizing | 他很想去偷 |
[10:13] | a used car dealership, and he asked me to help. | 一个二手车经销商 而且让我去帮忙 |
[10:16] | What? | 什么 |
[10:17] | I-I’ve no qualms in committing the crime. | 我对实施这次犯罪倒没有良心不安 |
[10:19] | The, uh, proprietor owes him money. | 毕竟那个老板欠了他的钱 |
[10:22] | The problem is he revealed the heist | 问题是他说这次偷窃的动机 |
[10:24] | is to benefit his brother, Dante, | 是为了帮他哥哥但丁 |
[10:26] | who’s fallen on hard times. | 他遇到了麻烦 |
[10:28] | – So…? – So, Dante’s a cancer, | -所以呢 -但丁就像癌症 |
[10:31] | and he deserves hard times. | 他活该遇到麻烦 |
[10:32] | He deserves more, actually. | 其实他应该遇到更多麻烦 |
[10:33] | – You know him? – I know his story. | -你认识他吗 -我知道他的故事 |
[10:36] | Growing up, Alfredo’s parents were often absent, | 成长过程中 阿弗雷多的父母总不在 |
[10:38] | so there was little to prevent Dante | 所以没有人能够阻止但丁 |
[10:40] | from dragging his younger brother | 拉着他的弟弟 |
[10:41] | into his burgeoning criminal career. | 加入他蓬勃发展的犯罪事业 |
[10:43] | Alfredo’s first fight, his first shoplift, | 阿弗雷多第一次打架 第一次偷东西 |
[10:46] | his introduction to heroin– all Dante’s handiwork. | 第一次吸毒 都是拜但丁所赐 |
[10:49] | Alfredo asked you for a favor, you said no, | 阿弗雷多让你帮忙 你拒绝了 |
[10:52] | so why are you still angry? | 那你为什么还在生气 |
[10:53] | ‘Cause after I turned him down, he had the temerity | 因为在我拒绝他之后 他鲁莽地说 |
[10:55] | to say that was what he expected. | 他预料到我会这么做 |
[10:58] | That I have no idea what it means to be a good brother. | 因为我不知道该怎么当个好弟弟 |
[11:01] | He knows about Mycroft? | 他知道麦考夫吗 |
[11:02] | Well, he used to be my sponsor. | 他曾经是我的担保人 |
[11:04] | He remains one of my closest confidants, | 他至今仍我最亲近的朋友之一 |
[11:06] | so yes, he knows all about my brother. | 所以没错 他知道我哥哥的所有事 |
[11:08] | I’m confused. | 我迷糊了 |
[11:09] | Are you mad at Alfredo right now or Mycroft? | 你是气阿弗雷多还是气麦考夫 |
[11:12] | Because I thought you made peace | 我以为你很久之前 |
[11:13] | with what he did a long time ago. | 就对麦考夫的事释怀了 |
[11:15] | Uh, respectfully, Watson, I just… I need | 无意冒犯 华生 我需要 |
[11:16] | peace and quiet to finish this work, so… | 安静平和地完成这项工作 所以… |
[11:19] | I’ll let you know if I find anything | 如果我发现了杀害诺亚·福格尔的 |
[11:20] | that might lead us to Noah Fogel’s killer. | 凶手的线索 我会告诉你的 |
[11:29] | The sex scandal that rocked the statehouse | 震撼了议会大楼的性丑闻 |
[11:32] | took another turn Monday, | 周一出现了新反转 |
[11:34] | when the lieutenant governor’s office | 副州长办公室 |
[11:35] | disclosed misappropriated funds. | 公开了被挪用的基金 |
[11:38] | These knuckleheads in Albany can’t keep it | 奥尔巴尼的那些蠢货就是管不住 |
[11:40] | in their pants, Piper. | 自己的下半身 派珀 |
[12:28] | What the…? | 什么… |
[12:36] | Hey, boss, it’s Wade. I’m sorry to call so late. | 老板 我是韦德 抱歉这么晚打给你 |
[12:38] | You know them lab rats the cops brought over? | 你知道警察拿来的那些实验室老鼠吗 |
[12:41] | Yeah, the ones from the crime scene. | 对 就是犯罪现场的那些老鼠 |
[12:44] | Somebody just stole them all. | 有人刚把它们都偷走了 |
[12:47] | The rats were right here when I went out to see who was | 我出去看是谁在放烟火时 |
[12:50] | – setting off the fireworks. – What about the gray van you saw | -老鼠还在这里 -你看到的那辆 |
[12:53] | pulling away from the building? | 从楼前开走的灰色货车呢 |
[12:54] | – Did you see the driver? – Sorry. | -你看到司机了吗 -抱歉 |
[12:57] | It was dark. I was far away. | 天太黑了 我离得很远 |
[12:59] | I think the license plate started with a “T” or “L.” | 我觉得车牌是T还是L开头的 |
[13:04] | You have security cameras? | 你们有安保摄像头吗 |
[13:05] | Nah. There’s barely enough money here | 没有 这里几乎都没有足够的钱 |
[13:07] | to feed the animals. | 喂这些动物 |
[13:08] | What’s so important about these rats? | 那些老鼠为什么那么重要 |
[13:10] | It’s not like they’re witnesses, right? | 它们又不是目击证人 对吗 |
[13:12] | Well, we think the person | 我们认为偷走老鼠的人 |
[13:13] | who stole the rats might be our killer, | 可能就是我们要找的凶手 |
[13:14] | so we’re hoping to find something here | 所以我们希望在这里找到一些 |
[13:15] | that would lead us to him. | 能让我们找到他的线索 |
[13:17] | Her. | 是女的 |
[13:19] | I found this in the parking lot. | 我在停车场发现了这个 |
[13:20] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[13:22] | It’s the edge of a shirt cuff. | 是衬衫袖口的碎片 |
[13:23] | Given the button and the floral detailing, | 根据扣子和图案来看 |
[13:25] | I’d say it belonged to a woman’s blouse. | 我会说这属于一件女士上衣 |
[13:27] | Note the distinct aroma. | 注意那独特的香味 |
[13:29] | Fireworks. | 是烟火 |
[13:31] | Black powder, antimony trisulfide | 黑火药 三硫化二锑 |
[13:32] | and dextrin, to be precise. | 准确地说 还有糊精 |
[13:34] | The thief lit a dozen Roman candles, | 小偷点了十几根罗马烟火筒 |
[13:36] | but I think this is the one that | 但我觉得这个才是 |
[13:37] | gave her some problems. As you can see, it misfired, | 让她惹上麻烦的那个 你看 这个走火了 |
[13:39] | exploding from here rather than at the top. | 从这里爆了 而不是顶部 |
[13:42] | Now, if I’m right, the woman who lit it was struck | 如果我没猜错 点燃它的女人 |
[13:45] | by a flaming substance which burns at 600 degrees centigrade. | 被一种燃烧时可达600摄氏度的物质击中了 |
[13:47] | – Ouch. – Indeed. | -听着都疼 -是的 |
[13:49] | And the odds are quite good that after | 而且很有可能 |
[13:51] | absconding with the rats, the thief went | 小偷带着老鼠潜逃后 |
[13:53] | to the nearest hospital for treatment. | 去了最近的医院接受治疗 |
[13:55] | And if she did… | 如果确实如此… |
[13:56] | We can identify her. | 我们就能把她揪出来了 |
[13:59] | So you still have all your fingers. | 你的手指还在 |
[14:01] | You’re very lucky. | 真幸运 |
[14:02] | Firework accidents can be very serious. | 烟火造成的意外可以想当严重 |
[14:05] | I told you, I burnt myself cooking. | 我说过了 我是做饭时烫伤的 |
[14:08] | I don’t know anything about any animal shelter getting robbed. | 我不知道什么动物收容所被偷的事 |
[14:10] | Stop. | 够了 |
[14:11] | Okay, we already confirmed | 我们已经确认 |
[14:13] | that you rented a gray van yesterday, | 你昨天租了一辆灰色货车 |
[14:14] | same kind that was seen peeling away from the shelter. | 跟在收容所被看到逃走的车辆一致 |
[14:17] | I’m curious– did you set the rodents you stole free, | 我很好奇 你把你偷的那些啮齿动物放了吗 |
[14:20] | or… did you murder them as well? | 还是…你把它们也弄死了 |
[14:23] | – What? – We know you took Noah Fogel’s rats | -什么 -我们知道你偷了诺亚·福格尔的老鼠 |
[14:26] | so we wouldn’t figure out how you poisoned him. | 好让我们无法判断你是如何给他下毒的 |
[14:29] | What we don’t know is what you had against him. | 我们不知道的是你对他有什么不满 |
[14:32] | No. No way. | 不 不可能 |
[14:36] | I did steal the rats. Okay, you got me. | 我确实偷了老鼠 没错 你们抓到我了 |
[14:38] | But I had nothing to do with Noah’s death. | 可我跟他的死没有关系 |
[14:40] | You could see how that would be hard for us to believe? | 你能明白这对我们来说有多难相信吧 |
[14:43] | I’m a geneticist. | 我是个遗传学家 |
[14:44] | I was in Iowa last week for a conference. | 我上周在艾奥瓦州开会 |
[14:46] | I got back yesterday morning. | 昨天早上才回来 |
[14:48] | I wasn’t even here when Noah died. | 诺亚死的时候我根本不在这里 |
[14:50] | Our lab found thallium | 我们的实验室 |
[14:51] | in a carton of milk at Noah’s house. | 在诺亚家的一盒牛奶中发现了铊 |
[14:53] | You could have dosed it before you left. | 你可能是在离开前下的毒 |
[14:55] | No. You can have my fingerprints, my DNA. | 不 你们可以采集我的指纹 DNA |
[14:57] | I will give you whatever you want. | 你们要什么我都配合 |
[15:00] | How about… | 不如… |
[15:01] | a reason that you would have stolen dozens of lab rats, | 说说你偷十几只老鼠的原因吧 |
[15:04] | if not to cover up the murder? | 如果不是为了掩盖谋杀的话 |
[15:08] | Is $5 million a good enough reason? | 五百万这个原因够吗 |
[15:12] | I was trying to win the Galahad Prize. | 我是想赢得加拉德奖 |
[15:15] | As in the Galahad Institute. | 就是加拉德研究所举办的那个 |
[15:18] | It’s a nonprofit. | 是非营利性的 |
[15:19] | They’re trying to find a cure for aging. | 他们想找出对抗衰老的手段 |
[15:22] | They offered five million bucks | 他们提供五百万美金 |
[15:23] | to the first person who could | 给第一个 |
[15:24] | genetically alter a rat to double its life span. | 能通过基因改造让老鼠寿命翻倍的人 |
[15:27] | How is creating a bunch of geriatric rats | 造出一堆老年大老鼠 |
[15:30] | gonna stop humans from aging? | 怎么能阻止人类衰老 |
[15:32] | First, you work toward everlasting rats, | 首先 目标是造出不死的老鼠 |
[15:34] | then pigs and dogs, | 然后是猪和狗 |
[15:36] | then monkeys and apes, and one day… | 然后是猴子和猿 然后总有一天… |
[15:38] | Everlasting us. | 将有不死的我们 |
[15:39] | The Galahad Prize was supposed to | 加拉德奖旨在 |
[15:40] | inspire people to take the first steps. | 激励人们迈出第一步 |
[15:43] | Noah Fogel had taken quite a few. | 诺亚·福格尔已经迈了好几步了 |
[15:45] | One of his rats lived to the age of six last month. | 他的一只老鼠上个月满了六岁 |
[15:48] | That is close to hitting the benchmark. | 这很接近基准线了 |
[15:50] | When I heard Noah was dead, I called around | 我听说诺亚死后 就四处打电话 |
[15:52] | to see what happened to his animals. | 想知道他的动物们怎么样了 |
[15:53] | I thought, if I could reverse-engineer his process… | 我想着 如果我能反向进行他的过程 |
[15:58] | …I might win the five million myself, | 我自己也许能赢到那五百万 |
[16:00] | but I didn’t kill him. | 可我没杀他 |
[16:09] | I know we can’t rule her out completely, | 我知道我们还不能彻底排除她的嫌疑 |
[16:11] | – but I don’t think she did it. – I don’t think so, either. | -但我不觉得是她干的 -我也一样 |
[16:14] | But it’s easy to imagine | 但不难想象 |
[16:14] | someone like her did. | 是某个跟她有同样目的的人干的 |
[16:16] | If winning the Galahad Prize was the secret project | 如果赢得加拉德奖 就是福格尔先生 |
[16:18] | that Mr. Fogel was involved in, | 参与的秘密项目 |
[16:19] | then their pool of contestants | 那么选手池里的人 |
[16:22] | could easily double as our pool of suspects. | 能轻松让我们的嫌疑人数量翻倍 |
[16:24] | The institute she mentioned is worth visiting. | 她提到的那个研究所值得去拜访一下 |
[16:26] | Find out who else is competing for the money. | 看看还有谁在竞争那些奖金 |
[16:28] | All right. You guys go. | 好 你们去吧 |
[16:29] | I’ll look into her story, see if it holds water. | 我去查查她的说辞 看是否站得住脚 |
[16:31] | I’ll call you if I find anything. | 有发现打给你们 |
[16:36] | “Named after Sir Galahad, the famed Arthurian knight | “以加拉德爵士 著名的亚瑟王骑士命名 |
[16:39] | “who gained immortality by touching the Holy Grail, | “他摸到圣杯 获得了永生 |
[16:41] | “the Galahad Institute was established in 1991 | “加拉德研究所成立于1991年 |
[16:44] | “by Dudley Becket, philanthropist, scholar | “创始人达德利·贝克特是慈善家 学者 |
[16:46] | “and heir to the celebrated Becket Medicated Powder Company.” | “也是著名的贝克特药粉公司的继承人” |
[16:50] | Their best-selling product is rectal cream. | 他们最畅销的产品是直肠霜 |
[16:52] | I’m not sure who’s celebrating them. | 真不知道谁会为这东西庆祝 |
[16:54] | Well, if it’s not you, you should count yourself lucky. | 如果不是你 算你走运 |
[16:57] | “For more than 25 years, the Galahad Institute | “25年多来 加拉德研究所 |
[17:00] | “has supported research | “一直致力于赞助 |
[17:01] | “to improve the human mind, body and soul. | “提高人类思维 身体和灵魂的研究 |
[17:04] | “From innovative hypnotherapy techniques | “从创新的催眠科技 |
[17:06] | “to cutting-edge anti-aging science, | “到尖端抗衰老科学 |
[17:08] | “the institute plans to someday | “本研究所计划终有一天 |
[17:11] | “free mankind from the tyranny of death.” | “能让人类摆脱死亡的残酷” |
[17:14] | A perfectly admirable quest | 非常令人敬佩的愿景 |
[17:15] | made to sound like a delusion of grandeur | 不过像是一位蹩脚的文案的 |
[17:17] | by an incompetent copywriter. | 夸大妄想 |
[17:23] | Last night, you asked | 昨晚 你问我 |
[17:24] | if I still harbored ill feelings towards my brother. | 是不是还记恨我哥 |
[17:28] | I do. | 是的 |
[17:31] | A bunch of French mobsters wanted to kill him. | 一群法国暴徒想杀了他 |
[17:34] | Did he solve the problem the way you would have? | 他用你想要的方式解决问题了吗 |
[17:36] | No, but you’ve got to get over it. | 没有 但你得慢慢接受 |
[17:41] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:42] | Couple of months ago, during my sabbatical in Vermont, | 几个月前 我在佛蒙特州休假时 |
[17:45] | I read a story in a French newspaper | 在法国报纸上看到一篇报道 |
[17:47] | about a particularly nasty drug war in Andorra. | 关于在安道尔一场非常恶劣的毒品战争 |
[17:49] | The leadership of Le Milieu | “中间人”的领导层 |
[17:51] | was completely wiped out by the Sicilian Mafia. | 被西西里黑手党彻底消灭了 |
[17:54] | Are you saying that all the people | 你是说所有 |
[17:56] | that wanted to kill Mycroft | 想杀麦考夫的人 |
[17:57] | – are dead? – As French doornails. | -都死了 -和那些死了的法国人一样 |
[17:59] | Did a bit of digging. | 做了点调查 |
[18:00] | There is no longer any threat against him. | 现在他没有任何威胁了 |
[18:03] | There is also no chance that he’s | 而且他也不可能 |
[18:05] | unaware of this development. | 不知道这件事的进展 |
[18:06] | He could be sitting here with us now | 如果他愿意 |
[18:08] | at this very moment if he so chose. | 此刻他完全可以和我们一起坐在这里 |
[18:10] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么没告诉我 |
[18:11] | I suppose I was angry. | 我可能是有点生气 |
[18:13] | A little embarrassed. | 有点尴尬 |
[18:14] | My brother no longer has a price on his head, | 我哥哥不再被人追杀了 |
[18:16] | and I had to learn about that from a newspaper. | 我还得看新闻才知道 |
[18:19] | Did you reach out to him? | 你联系过他吗 |
[18:20] | Why would I? | 我为什么要联系他 |
[18:21] | Because he’s your brother. | 因为他是你哥哥 |
[18:23] | The dissolution of our relationship | 我们断绝关系 |
[18:25] | is a mess entirely of his making. | 完全是他惹出来的 |
[18:28] | Reestablishing communication | 重新建立联系 |
[18:29] | is his responsibility. | 是他的责任 |
[18:30] | Are you seriously keeping score? | 你还真要计分吗 |
[18:31] | It doesn’t matter who calls who first. | 谁先打电话不重要 |
[18:33] | You get to see your brother again. | 你又可以见到你哥哥了 |
[18:34] | You’re taking his side– understandably. | 你在替他说话 可以理解 |
[18:37] | Perhaps if I’d have given you three and a half orgasms, | 或许我要是给了你三个半高潮 |
[18:39] | you’d see things my way. | 你也会偏向我了 |
[18:40] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[18:42] | Mr. Holmes. Ms. Watson. | 福尔摩斯先生 华生女士 |
[18:44] | I’m Hunter Becket. | 我是亨特·贝克特 |
[18:45] | This way, please. | 这边请 |
[18:50] | Dad, these are the police consultants. | 爸 这些是警察顾问 |
[18:52] | Mr. Holmes, Ms. Watson, | 福尔摩斯先生 华生女士 |
[18:54] | this is my father Dudley. | 这是我父亲达德利 |
[18:55] | He’s the real brains around here. | 他才是这里的主脑 |
[18:58] | Well, if I’m the brains, then, uh, | 如果我是主脑 那么 |
[19:00] | Hunter is the brawn. | 亨特就是我的左膀右臂 |
[19:02] | He’s the one who’s kept the Galahad Institute | 正是他在我手术后 |
[19:05] | pushing forward since my surgery. | 推进了加拉德研究所的发展 |
[19:08] | Titanium. | 钛 |
[19:09] | Last year. My joints are the only part of me | 去年 我的关节是我浑身上下 |
[19:11] | the worms don’t get to eat. | 唯一一处不会被虫啃噬的部位 |
[19:13] | That’s assuming the worms get any of you. | 你是说你们中有人会被虫吃了 |
[19:14] | The whole point of this place is to extend | 这个地方的意义就在于 |
[19:16] | life indefinitely, is it not? | 无限延长生命 对吗 |
[19:18] | Don’t think we’re gonna get there in my lifetime. | 我这辈子是不可能达成这个目标了 |
[19:21] | Maybe Hunter’s. But yes, | 或许亨特能 但是的 |
[19:23] | one day, the research we fund, the scientists we support, | 总有一天 我们投资的研究 赞助的科学家 |
[19:27] | it’s going to change life on this planet. | 将改变这个星球上的生命 |
[19:30] | Actually, we’re here to talk about | 事实上 我们是来和你谈谈 |
[19:31] | one of your scientists. | 你们的一位科学家的 |
[19:33] | Are you aware of what happened to Noah Fogel? | 你知道诺亚·福格尔的事吗 |
[19:35] | It’s tragic. He was such a smart guy. | 是个悲剧 他很聪明 |
[19:37] | I can’t tell you how much | 我都无法形容我之前有多想 |
[19:39] | I wanted to write a check for $5 million to that man. | 给那人写一张五百万的支票 |
[19:42] | He was close. | 他就差一点了 |
[19:44] | We’re exploring the possibility | 我们推测出 |
[19:45] | that one of his competitors killed him. | 他可能是被一个竞争者所杀 |
[19:48] | They wanted to buy time | 他们想争取时间 |
[19:50] | so they could get the $5 million. | 好得到那五百万 |
[19:52] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[19:53] | The entire point of this contest is to preserve life. | 这个竞赛的意义就在于维系生命 |
[19:56] | To think that someone would kill over it… | 要认为会有人为了这去杀人… |
[19:57] | Have you talked to his partner? | 你们和他的搭档聊过了吗 |
[19:58] | We weren’t aware he had a partner. | 我们不知道他还有个搭档 |
[20:00] | Elijah Robinson. | 伊莱加·罗宾逊 |
[20:01] | Brilliant geneticist, but, uh… | 杰出的遗传学家 但是他… |
[20:04] | troubled. | 有点问题 |
[20:06] | He had a chaired position at one of those | 他在牛津或剑桥 |
[20:08] | Oxbridge places, right? They gave him the boot. | 担任过主席 对吗 然后被解雇了 |
[20:11] | He slept with a student and beat up her boyfriend. | 他和一名学生上了床 揍了她的男友 |
[20:14] | Nobody we spoke to mentioned Elijah. | 和我们聊过的人都没提起过伊莱加 |
[20:17] | Are you sure they were working together? | 你确定他们一起工作吗 |
[20:19] | Well, I couldn’t speak to how they divvied up their research, | 我也不知道他们在研究上是怎么分工的 |
[20:22] | but, uh, they cosigned | 但他们共同签署了 |
[20:24] | their grant requests and status reports. | 拨款申请和工作进度汇报 |
[20:27] | So you think that Elijah is the person we should be looking for? | 所以你觉得伊莱加是我们该找的人 |
[20:31] | Like I said, he’s troubled. | 如我所说 他有点问题 |
[20:33] | I don’t suppose you’d have his address on file, would you? | 我猜你们的档案中没有他的地址吧 |
[20:39] | Seems a little excessive, don’t you think? | 有点过了 你不觉得吗 |
[20:41] | Mr. Robinson’s a research biologist, not a commando. | 罗宾逊先生是生物研究员 不是突击队的 |
[20:44] | He’s a person of interest in a homicide. | 他是一起杀人案中的嫌疑人 |
[20:46] | In a poisoning. | 毒杀案 |
[20:48] | I mean, as long as we turn down the tea service, | 只要不接受端茶送水 |
[20:50] | I think we’ll be fine. | 我想我们不会有事的 |
[20:51] | Mr. Robinson has three semiautomatic rifles registered to his name | 罗宾逊先生名下有三支半自动步枪 |
[20:55] | and two priors for violent assault. | 之前还有两次暴力伤人记录 |
[20:57] | So last time, he used poison. | 所以上一次他用了毒药 |
[20:58] | This time, he might use his Smith & Wesson. | 这次 他可能会用他的史密斯维森枪 |
[21:02] | Marcus, we found him. | 马库斯 我们找到他了 |
[21:04] | Looks like he’s been dead over a week. | 看起来他已经死了一周多了 |
[21:06] | Yeah, smells like it, too. | 是啊 闻起来也像 |
[21:08] | That would mean he died before Professor Fogel. | 那就是说他在福格尔教授之前就死了 |
[21:11] | Doesn’t mean he isn’t our poisoner. | 不能说明他不是下毒的人 |
[21:13] | Given his own murder, though, | 但考虑到他自己也被杀了 |
[21:14] | his culpability does seem less likely. | 他的嫌疑确实降低了 |
[21:20] | Hmm. Someone hit him with something heavy. | 有人用很重的东西打了他 |
[21:22] | I can feel a major fracture between his spine | 我能摸到枕骨和脊椎间 |
[21:26] | and occipital bone. | 有一个大裂痕 |
[21:28] | Probably what killed him. | 应该就是他的死因了 |
[21:29] | That may be, but I don’t think that was | 可能是 但我不认为 |
[21:31] | the killer’s plan. | 这是凶手本来的计划 |
[21:33] | I think he had an entirely different modus in mind. | 我认为他原本计划的方法完全不同 |
[21:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[21:38] | This. | 这个 |
[21:43] | Is that paint? | 这是油漆吗 |
[21:44] | Pigment, actually. | 其实是颜料 |
[21:46] | Prussian blue, to be exact. | 普鲁士蓝 准确地说 |
[21:48] | Which also doubles as the antidote for Thallium poisoning. | 同时也是铊中毒的解毒剂 |
[21:51] | You saying, if Noah Fogel | 你是说 如果诺亚·福格尔 |
[21:52] | got to an art store in time, | 能及时赶到艺术用品店 |
[21:54] | he could’ve saved himself? | 他本可以拯救自己吗 |
[21:55] | Prussian blue is an ion exchange material. | 普鲁士蓝是离子置换材料 |
[21:58] | You swallow it, it pulls the toxin | 吞下去 它会从你的身体里 |
[22:00] | out of your system so you expel it. | 吸取毒素 从而给你祛毒 |
[22:02] | I submit the killer brought it with him as a safety precaution. | 我想凶手带了它来是为了安全起见 |
[22:05] | His original plan was to lace Elijah’s milk | 他本来的计划是给伊莱加的牛奶里下毒 |
[22:08] | as he did with Dr. Fogel. | 就像他对福格尔医生做的一样 |
[22:10] | The Prussian blue was in case he exposed himself. | 普鲁士蓝是为了以防万一他自己也沾上毒素 |
[22:12] | So he broke in, he’s in here | 所以他闯了进来 |
[22:14] | monkeying with the milk when Elijah | 正在捣鼓牛奶的时候 |
[22:16] | comes home from the grocery store. | 伊莱加从杂货店回来了 |
[22:18] | And then they fought to the death. | 然后他们打斗至死 |
[22:25] | At some point, I’d say Elijah was felled with a… | 某种程度上 我会认为伊莱加 |
[22:28] | a blow from perhaps this rolling pin. | 是被这个擀面杖打倒的 |
[22:31] | Which is a weapon of convenience. | 只是顺手拿起的武器 |
[22:32] | I mean, we can, uh, test it for prints, | 我们可以…验一下指纹 |
[22:34] | but it’s likely the killer wore gloves to handle the poison. | 但凶手有可能戴了手套来操作毒药 |
[22:37] | Well, then he should’ve done a better job | 这样的话 他应该在离开之前 |
[22:39] | cleaning up before he left. | 更认真地清理这里 |
[22:40] | This is not pigment. | 这个不是颜料 |
[22:42] | It’s dried blood. | 是干掉的血 |
[22:44] | You think it’s from the killer? | 你觉得是凶手的吗 |
[22:45] | Well, it didn’t come from Elijah. | 反正不是伊莱加的 |
[22:47] | Even with the decomp, I can tell he doesn’t have any open wounds. | 就算腐烂成这样 我也看得出来他没有伤口 |
[22:50] | The fight didn’t leave him bleeding. | 打斗并没有让他流血 |
[22:51] | The killer must have gotten cut. | 凶手肯定被割破了 |
[22:53] | Well, if you’re right, | 如果你是对的 |
[22:56] | let’s hope he’s in the system. | 希望他在系统里 |
[23:01] | Hey, Captain. | 警监 |
[23:03] | Sorry to catch you on your way out, | 抱歉在你要出去时拦住你 |
[23:04] | but you know that blood we found at Elijah Robinson’s house? | 你知道我们在伊莱加·罗宾逊的家找到的血吧 |
[23:07] | – Yeah. – Well, we got a hit. | -知道 -比对有结果了 |
[23:09] | I’m pretty sure you’re gonna want to see it. | 你肯定会想看看 |
[23:13] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[23:14] | No, I had the lab double-check. | 不 我让实验室再次确认了 |
[23:16] | She’s a perfect match for the blood. | 她和血迹完全相符 |
[23:18] | A 15-year-old girl? | 一个十五岁的女孩吗 |
[23:20] | Her name’s Lacey Evans. | 她名叫蕾西·埃文斯 |
[23:21] | She’s a freshman at Saint Matthew’s Academy. | 她是圣马修高中的一年级生 |
[23:23] | She’s on the honor roll. | 她是荣誉学生 |
[23:24] | She does field hockey. | 她打曲棍球 |
[23:26] | And now she’s a suspect in two murders. | 而现在她成了两起谋杀案的嫌疑人 |
[23:31] | Mom, where’d you put my field hockey stuff? | 妈 你把我的曲棍球装备放哪了 |
[23:38] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:40] | Why would you think that was my blood? | 你们为什么认为那是我的血 |
[23:44] | Well, when your father was stationed in Riyadh, | 你爸爸在利雅得服役时 |
[23:46] | everyone in your family got put into the Army’s | 你们全家的DNA都被录入了军队DNA库 |
[23:48] | DNA registry in case of a kidnapping. | 以防有绑架案发生 |
[23:50] | That’s why your DNA’s in the system. | 所以你的DNA才会在系统里 |
[23:52] | What we don’t know is why | 我们不知道的是 |
[23:54] | it was in the home of a murder victim. | 为什么它会出现在凶案死者的家里 |
[23:58] | Say something, honey. | 说点什么 亲爱的 |
[23:59] | Please. | 拜托 |
[24:02] | Look, we don’t think you did it. | 听着 我们不觉得是你干的 |
[24:03] | Okay? Elijah Robinson was twice your size. | 好吗 伊莱加·罗宾逊个头比你大两倍 |
[24:06] | It’s hard to imagine you’re the one who bashed in his skull. | 很难想象是你打了他的头 |
[24:09] | But you were there, right? | 但你确实在那里 对吧 |
[24:11] | You saw who did? | 看到凶手了吗 |
[24:12] | No. | 没有 |
[24:14] | But… | 但是 |
[24:15] | I did know Elijah. | 我确实认识伊莱加 |
[24:17] | How? | 怎么认识的 |
[24:18] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[24:21] | Can you tell us | 你能告诉我们 |
[24:22] | how your blood got on the door to his refrigerator? | 你的血是怎么跑到他的冰箱门上的吗 |
[24:25] | That is where he was storing it. | 那就是他存放的地方 |
[24:28] | My blood, I mean. | 我是说我的血 |
[24:30] | Uh, I-I was selling it to him. | 我在卖血给他 |
[24:32] | That’s how I knew him. | 所以我才会认识他 |
[24:33] | What do you mean, you were selling your blood to him? | 你卖血给他是什么意思 |
[24:36] | Last year, my friend Jenna told me | 去年我朋友詹娜告诉我 |
[24:38] | that her uncle would pay cash for it. | 她叔叔出钱收血 |
[24:41] | A hundred bucks every donation. | 每次一百块 |
[24:44] | Sounded sketchy, but she said that Elijah– | 听起来不靠谱 但她说伊莱加 |
[24:48] | that’s her uncle– | 也就是她叔叔 |
[24:50] | he knew what he was doing. | 他知道自己在做什么 |
[24:52] | She said it would be safe and clean. | 她说保证过程安全干净 |
[24:53] | What exactly did he want with your blood? | 他想用你的血来做什么呢 |
[24:56] | He was selling it. | 他在卖血 |
[24:59] | Mine and Jenna’s. | 我和詹娜的血 |
[25:02] | To, like, old people. | 卖给上年纪的人 |
[25:05] | They-they’d inject blood | 他们注射青少年的血 |
[25:07] | from teenagers to feel young. | 让自己感觉更年轻 |
[25:10] | I’ve heard about this. | 我听说过这种事 |
[25:11] | There’s a growing market for young blood. | 年轻的血液目前在市面上很有市场 |
[25:13] | But it is unregulated. | 但属于无监管状态 |
[25:14] | Probably how Elijah was paying his bills. | 伊莱加可能就是这样还清账单的 |
[25:17] | Mom… | 妈… |
[25:18] | I stopped doing it, okay? | 我已经没那么做了 好吗 |
[25:20] | If I hadn’t, maybe I’d be dead, too. | 不然的话 可能我也死了 |
[25:23] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[25:25] | This one time, | 有一次 |
[25:27] | Jenna and I showed up at Elijah’s house, and… | 我和詹娜去了伊莱加家 |
[25:30] | he was fighting outside with some guy. | 而他在外面和别人打架 |
[25:33] | They were, like, pushing and shoving. | 他们互相推搡 |
[25:35] | It was, like, a legit fight. | 感觉是真打起来了 |
[25:36] | When was this? | 是什么时候的事 |
[25:38] | Few months ago. | 几个月前 |
[25:39] | It totally freaked us out. | 我们真的被吓到了 |
[25:40] | That’s when we stopped going. | 从那以后我们就没再去了 |
[25:43] | Who was this guy? | 那个人是谁 |
[25:45] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:47] | But I got the whole thing on my phone. | 但我手机上有完整视频 |
[25:51] | I can send you the video if you want. | 如果你们想要 我可以发给你们 |
[25:56] | There was $114,000 in the safe. | 保险箱里有十一万四千块 |
[25:58] | I didn’t heed your advice. I took it all. | 我没听你的建议 我都拿了 |
[26:01] | Donated the, uh, remainder to charity. | 把多余的都给捐了 |
[26:04] | I didn’t ask you to rob the dealership by yourself. | 我没让你自己一个人去抢劫那家店 |
[26:07] | I didn’t think you were gonna help at all. | 我还以为你根本不会帮忙 |
[26:08] | Well, I reconsidered. | 我重新考虑过了 |
[26:10] | Dante may not have cared | 但丁可能不在乎 |
[26:11] | that you would’ve ended up in prison again, but… | 你又会锒铛入狱 |
[26:15] | I would have. | 但我在乎 |
[26:17] | You didn’t rob anyone. | 你没有打劫任何人 |
[26:19] | I just told you I did. | 我说了我干了 |
[26:20] | I was your sponsor for two years. | 我当了你两年的担保人 |
[26:22] | I can tell when you’re lying. | 你说谎我能看出来 |
[26:24] | This is your money. | 这是你自己的钱 |
[26:25] | Does its provenance really matter? | 这笔钱的来源真的重要吗 |
[26:26] | You wanted to help your brother. | 你想帮助你兄弟 |
[26:28] | Now you can. | 现在你可以了 |
[26:32] | Thanks, but no, thanks. | 谢了 但还是不用了 |
[26:36] | If I’ve wounded your pride in some way, | 如果我不小心伤害了你的自尊 |
[26:38] | just consider it payment for services rendered. | 就把它当做你的酬金吧 |
[26:40] | You’ve lent me your expertise on many of my cases. | 你在我的案子上给了我很多专业知识的帮助 |
[26:42] | It’s not about pride, okay? | 这和自尊无关 |
[26:45] | It’s about you, | 是因为你 |
[26:45] | how you treat people who make mistakes. | 你对待犯错的人的态度 |
[26:50] | How many second and third chances have you gotten? | 你得到过多少次改过自新的机会 |
[26:52] | Plenty, right? | 很多次吧 |
[26:53] | Now, how often do you give ’em? | 但你给过别人多少次这种机会 |
[26:54] | I’ve forgiven many people their sins | 这么多年来 |
[26:55] | – over the years. – Is that right? | -我原谅过很多人的罪恶 -是吗 |
[26:57] | – Yeah. – ‘Cause I haven’t seen it. | -是的 -我可没见过 |
[26:59] | I mean, don’t get me wrong. | 别理解错我的意思 |
[27:00] | If it was someone from the program | 如果是戒毒项目里的人 |
[27:02] | and they were going through the steps | 正在经历戒毒的阶段 |
[27:03] | and they asked for forgiveness, | 而他们请求获得原谅 |
[27:04] | you’d give it in a second, but come on, man, | 你可能会给机会 但承认吧 |
[27:05] | my brother, yours, it’s like… you want them to find | 对于我哥和你哥 就好像你想要他们 |
[27:08] | the deepest hole they can and jump in. | 堕入他们最为痛苦的深渊 |
[27:10] | Let’s leave my brother out of this. | 别扯上我哥 |
[27:12] | I’d love to, but he’s obviously part of the problem. | 我也不想 但很明显他就是问题的一部分 |
[27:16] | You hold grudges. | 你心怀怨恨 |
[27:19] | It’s not good. | 这样不好 |
[27:23] | Just take the check, Alfredo. | 收下支票吧 阿弗雷多 |
[27:28] | You know, it’s funny– you can, um… | 说来搞笑 你可以… |
[27:31] | you can be really generous when you want to be. | 只要你愿意 你就能非常大度慷慨 |
[27:33] | You should think about | 你应该考虑 |
[27:34] | being that way more often. | 多往那个方向靠靠 |
[27:37] | Looks good on you. | 对你来说比较好 |
[27:45] | You’re still watching that video | 你还在看那段蕾西·埃文斯 |
[27:46] | that Lacey Evans gave us? | 给我们的录像 |
[27:47] | I told you, you can’t see the guy’s face | 我跟你说了 你没法看到 |
[27:48] | who’s fighting with Elijah Robinson. | 和伊莱加·罗宾逊打架的人的正脸 |
[27:50] | Marcus and I went over it a hundred times. | 马库斯和我看过上百次了 |
[27:52] | Well, I’m at 203. You can join me for 204. | 我在看203次 你可以陪我一起看204次 |
[27:55] | What did you do to it? When we watched it, | 你对它做了什么 我们看的时候 |
[27:57] | there was this weird pink tint. | 画面带着诡异的粉色色调 |
[27:59] | Yes, Miss Evans ran her | 是的 埃文斯小姐 |
[28:00] | little Zapruder film through this | 用了一个叫”温和玫瑰”的奇特滤镜 |
[28:01] | grotesque filter called “Cozy Rosy.” | 来拍她的小电影 |
[28:04] | I couldn’t bear it, so I corrected the chroma scheme. | 我受不了 就调整了色度方案 |
[28:06] | I’ve been trying to read the late Mr. Robinson’s lips, | 我在试着读罗宾逊先生的唇语 |
[28:09] | but the shaky camera work has made it a little bit difficult. | 但摇晃的摄像头增加了难度 |
[28:12] | I was wondering why he kept saying, | 我本来不解他为什么一直 |
[28:15] | “You go,” to his assailant. | 对他的对手说”你去” |
[28:17] | But then I realized he wasn’t saying, “You go.” | 然后我意识到他不是在说”你去” |
[28:19] | He was saying, “Hugo.” | 他说的是”雨果” |
[28:21] | He knew his attacker, and his name is Hugo. | 他认识袭击者 名字叫雨果 |
[28:23] | Unfortunately, that’s not enough to identify him. | 不幸的是 仅凭这些无法认定他的身份 |
[28:25] | – We do need more. – You can stop. | -我们还需要更多 -可以停了 |
[28:29] | He works at Burrito Land. | 他在卷饼天地工作 |
[28:31] | It’s a fast food chain. You would hate it. | 是个快餐连锁店 你肯定不喜欢 |
[28:33] | Um, I couldn’t tell the color of his shirt | 我之前看不出他衬衣的颜色 |
[28:35] | when everything was pink, but now that | 全部都是粉色的 但现在 |
[28:36] | you got rid of the filter, I can see | 你去掉了滤镜 我可以看到 |
[28:38] | that the stripes on his shirt are mauve and orange. | 他衬衣上的条纹是淡紫色和橙色的 |
[28:41] | Nobody would put those two colors together | 没人会把这两种颜色放一起 |
[28:42] | except Burrito Land. | 只有卷饼天地 |
[28:45] | I mean, there can’t be that many | 那里肯定不会有很多 |
[28:46] | employees there named Hugo, right? | 叫雨果的员工 对吧 |
[28:52] | Mr. Irving, I’m Captain Gregson. | 欧文先生 我是格雷森警监 |
[28:54] | – This is Detective Bell. – I don’t care who you are. | -这是贝尔警探 -我不在乎你们是谁 |
[28:56] | I just want you to tell me what I’m doing here. | 我只想知道找我来这里干什么 |
[28:59] | Noah Fogel and Elijah Robinson | 诺亚·福格尔和伊莱加·罗宾逊 |
[29:03] | were both found dead this week, and we think you killed them. | 两人这周都死了 我们认为是你杀的 |
[29:05] | They’re dead? | 他们死了 |
[29:09] | Both of them? | 两个都死了 |
[29:10] | You’re going to tell us you didn’t know? | 你是想告诉我们你不知道吗 |
[29:13] | I didn’t. | 我真不知道 |
[29:15] | But I can tell you it’s a good thing. | 但我能告诉你这是件好事 |
[29:17] | A blessing, in fact. | 可以说是一件喜事 |
[29:19] | You shouldn’t arrest whoever did it. | 你们不该逮捕干这事的人 |
[29:20] | You should thank them. | 你们应该感谢他们 |
[29:21] | How is that? | 怎么说 |
[29:23] | There’s a natural order to the world. | 这个世界有它自己的规则 |
[29:26] | A way things are meant to be. | 有些事情是注定的 |
[29:30] | Noah Fogel and Elijah Robinson were interfering with that. | 诺亚·福格尔和伊莱加·罗宾逊在干涉这一点 |
[29:35] | The work they were doing, trying to subvert nature… | 他们在干的事 想颠覆自然 |
[29:40] | …it was depraved. | 那是堕落的 |
[29:43] | I tried to warn them, both of them, | 我试着警告过他们 两个都是 |
[29:46] | but they didn’t stop. | 但他们没有停手 |
[29:48] | So you stopped them? | 所以你阻止了他们 |
[29:49] | No. | 不 |
[29:51] | Wouldn’t be the first time | 这也不是第一次 |
[29:52] | you went after scientists, Hugo. | 你把科学家当做目标了 雨果 |
[29:54] | You did 23 months upstate not long ago | 你之前蹲过23个月的牢 |
[29:58] | for sending fake anthrax to stem cell researchers. | 因为给干细胞研究学者寄了假的炭疽 |
[30:02] | We have video evidence | 我们有视频证据 |
[30:03] | that you knew where Elijah Robinson lived. | 证明你知道伊莱加·罗宾逊的住处 |
[30:06] | All that makes you a pretty strong suspect. | 这一切都让你成为了有力的嫌疑犯 |
[30:08] | And in a way, I’m flattered. | 某方面来看 我受宠若惊 |
[30:10] | It would make me a hero. | 这会让我成为英雄 |
[30:13] | But I didn’t do it. | 但不是我干的 |
[30:14] | Elijah Robinson was beaten to death Saturday before last. | 伊莱加·罗宾逊是上上周六被打死的 |
[30:18] | We know because he had a grocery receipt in his pocket. | 我们是从他兜里的收据推测出来的 |
[30:21] | Can you account for your whereabouts on the 17th? | 你能说一下你17号在哪里吗 |
[30:24] | Saturdays, I always work a double shift. | 每个星期六 我都会两班倒 |
[30:28] | There are cameras at the restaurant. | 餐厅里有摄像头 |
[30:29] | If you check ’em, you’ll see. | 你们检查一下就会知道了 |
[30:32] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没杀人 |
[30:49] | “When anxious, uneasy | “当焦虑 不安 |
[30:50] | “and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, | 还有坏想法来了的时候 我会去海边 |
[30:54] | “and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, | “大海会用它广阔的声音淹灭它们 |
[30:59] | “cleanses me with its noise | 用它的声响清洗我 |
[31:01] | “and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me | “并将我内心所有的 |
[31:04] | that is bewildered and confused.” | “困惑与混乱奏出旋律” |
[31:09] | It’s also good for swimming. | 也可以在里边游泳 |
[31:13] | I was quoting Rainer Maria Rilke, | 我是在引用赖内·马利亚·里尔克的话 |
[31:15] | the German poet. | 德国诗人 |
[31:16] | He was consumed by a need to understand | 他被自己的执迷所吞没 |
[31:18] | the, uh, fundamental essence of the world. | 想要去理解世界的本质 |
[31:21] | And himself. | 还有他自己 |
[31:24] | Think I would’ve gotten on quite well with him. | 我觉得我能和他相处得不错 |
[31:28] | Said you wanted to talk, so talk. | 你说你想谈谈 谈吧 |
[31:31] | You said earlier that, um, | 你之前说过 |
[31:33] | you know, forgiveness should be encouraged. | 宽容应该受到鼓励 |
[31:36] | Well, I’d ask that you forgive me now. | 我现在想让你原谅我 |
[31:39] | ‘Cause I went to see your brother | 因为我之前 |
[31:40] | earlier on. | 去看了你哥哥 |
[31:42] | I gave him the check that I tried to give you. | 我把要给你的支票给了他 |
[31:44] | Sherlock, that’s not what I wanted… | 夏洛克 这不是我想要的 |
[31:45] | No, I told him exactly what I thought of him. | 不 我跟他说了我对他的看法 |
[31:48] | That his treatment of you | 他这些年来 |
[31:48] | over the years was reprehensible, and… | 对待你的态度应受到谴责 然后… |
[31:52] | and then I forgave him. | 然后我原谅他了 |
[31:57] | How’d it feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[31:59] | Well, it was more of a practice run than anything else. | 这其实更像是一次练习 |
[32:02] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[32:03] | I reached out to this banker I know | 我联系了认识的一个 |
[32:05] | in the Cayman Islands. | 开曼群岛的银行老板 |
[32:08] | I’m reasonably sure that he’s | 我有理由相信他就是 |
[32:09] | facilitated Mycroft’s life on the lam. | 帮助麦考夫逃亡生活的人 |
[32:12] | And it might take some time, but, uh, | 或许需要一些时间 但是… |
[32:15] | I think he can connect me with Mycroft. | 我觉得他能帮我和麦考夫联系上 |
[32:20] | You know, it’s hard to pinpoint the exact moment | 虽然很难找出我开始 |
[32:22] | that my resentment towards my brother began. | 痛恨我哥哥的绝对时间点 |
[32:26] | But if I had to bet, I’d say… | 但要我说的话 我觉得… |
[32:28] | sometime in the days or weeks following my birth. | 大概是在我出生后的几天或是几周内 |
[32:34] | He has this tremendous capacity for joy, | 他能够容下相当多的快乐 |
[32:37] | and I just… | 而我就… |
[32:44] | He has wronged me. | 他背叛了我 |
[32:48] | But I-I will… | 但是我会… |
[32:51] | I will forgive him. | 我会原谅他 |
[32:55] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[32:57] | Well, then perhaps he’ll forgive me. | 然后也许他也会原谅我 |
[33:03] | And then I’ll have my brother back. | 然后我就能和我哥重归于好了 |
[33:20] | You look repulsed, and there’s tarragon in the air. | 你看上去一脸嫌弃 空气里还有龙蒿的味道 |
[33:22] | Are you back on that cleanse? | 你又在用那个排毒法了吗 |
[33:23] | I like this tea. I’m repulsed by this. | 我喜欢这个茶 让我感到恶心的是这个 |
[33:26] | I printed out a bunch of posts | 我从雨果·欧文最爱的留言板上 |
[33:27] | from Hugo Irving’s favorite message boards. | 打印出了一些帖子 |
[33:30] | He hasn’t cracked yet? | 他还没开口 |
[33:31] | He’s not going to. | 他不会说的 |
[33:32] | His alibi checked out. | 他的不在场证明没问题 |
[33:33] | But I read the interview transcript, | 但我看了审讯记录 |
[33:35] | and he said something to the captain and Marcus | 他对警监和马库斯说的一些话 |
[33:37] | that made me think. | 引起了我的注意 |
[33:38] | He told them that killing Fogel | 他说杀死福格尔 |
[33:40] | and Robinson would have made him a hero. | 和罗宾逊会使他成为英雄 |
[33:42] | Which made me wonder– a hero to who? | 这不禁让我疑惑 对谁来说是英雄 |
[33:44] | Who… who cheers a couple of scientists getting killed? | 谁会为两个科学家的死而庆祝 |
[33:46] | If such creatures exist, surely they exist online. | 如果有这样的人 他们一定在网络上 |
[33:49] | Hugo’s made tracks all over the Dark Web. | 雨果的足迹遍布暗网 |
[33:51] | Especially in a few anti-science, | 尤其是在一些反科学 |
[33:53] | fundamentalist chat rooms. | 基要主义者的聊天室 |
[33:55] | So, you think we had the wrong man | 所以你认为我们抓错了人 |
[33:56] | but the right motive? | 但作案动机是对的 |
[33:59] | It’s a worthy theory. | 这是个值得考虑的理论 |
[34:00] | I’ll help you test it. | 我会帮你证明是否正确 |
[34:01] | As long as you leave that wretched brew behind. | 只要你把那杯难闻的茶倒了 |
[34:07] | Watson. | 华生 |
[34:11] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[34:12] | Am I dreaming, or… | 我在做梦吗 还是 |
[34:14] | did you just wake me up with no theatrics? | 你居然没加戏剧效果来叫醒我 |
[34:17] | Well, you were quite understanding of the extra sleep | 在我得脑震荡后综合征时 |
[34:19] | I required during my bout with PCS. | 你对我需要更多睡眠表示理解 |
[34:20] | I thought I’d return the favor… once. | 我想报答你 一次 |
[34:24] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[34:26] | – Plup. – Plup? | -普拉普 -普拉普 |
[34:29] | After you went to bed, I dug through the ramblings | 在你睡觉后 我翻遍了 |
[34:32] | of several dozen discussion board denizens, | 好几十个讨论板块的闲扯 |
[34:34] | and I came across a friend of Hugo’s | 然后发现了雨果的一个朋友 |
[34:36] | who calls himself Plup. | 自称为普拉普 |
[34:37] | His posts were very troubling. | 他的帖子非常可疑 |
[34:40] | – How so? – Well, he knows things | -为什么 -他知道一些 |
[34:41] | about the Galahad Prize that he shouldn’t know. | 他不该知道的关于加拉德奖的消息 |
[34:43] | Names of the geneticists, addresses of their laboratories, | 遗传学家的名字 他们实验室的地址 |
[34:46] | statistics from their progress reports. | 他们进度报告的数据 |
[34:47] | And he’s been giving this information out on the boards? | 他还在留言板上公布这些信息吗 |
[34:50] | Freely and abundantly. | 免费而且大量 |
[34:51] | To Hugo, to various crackpots, | 给雨果和其他许多疯子 |
[34:54] | offering all of them sensitive data | 提供参与加拉德奖竞赛者的 |
[34:57] | on those who chase the Galahad Prize, | 敏感数据 |
[34:59] | and urging them to act on it violently. | 并催促他们激烈地展开行动 |
[35:02] | Have a look for yourself. | 你自己看吧 |
[35:05] | “You should pull this guy’s eyes out | “你应该把他的眼睛挖出来 |
[35:06] | and introduce them to his…” | 并放到他的…” |
[35:10] | Sounds like Noah Fogel got off easy | 看起来诺亚·福格尔死得还算轻松 |
[35:11] | swallowing thallium and getting eaten by rats. | 毕竟他只食用了铊并被老鼠啃咬 |
[35:14] | The point is it was Plup | 重点是 正是普拉普 |
[35:16] | who told Hugo where to find Elijah Robinson. | 告诉雨果在哪里可以找到伊莱加·罗宾逊 |
[35:19] | He was sabotaging the competition. | 他在破坏比赛 |
[35:21] | More precisely, he was provoking others to do it for him. | 更准确地说 他在挑衅别人替他做这事 |
[35:24] | And when they failed to act, | 而当这些人未能采取行动时 |
[35:25] | he took matters into his own hands. | 他就亲自上阵了 |
[35:27] | Are you saying that Noah Fogel and Elijah Robinson | 你是说诺亚·福格尔和伊莱加·罗宾逊 |
[35:29] | were killed by some anonymous discussion board troll? | 是被同一个留言板的匿名挑衅者杀死的吗 |
[35:32] | Troll, yes. Anonymous, no. Not anymore. | 挑衅者 是的 匿名 不再是了 |
[35:35] | The person who tried to sabotage the Galahad Prize | 试图破坏加拉德奖比赛的人 |
[35:38] | is one of the men who organized it. | 正是组织者之一 |
[35:43] | This guy you went and talked to the other day– | 前几天你们去找的那个人 |
[35:45] | – you think he’s the killer? – Yeah. | -你认为他是凶手吗 -是的 |
[35:47] | Hunter Becket killed | 亨特·贝克特杀了 |
[35:48] | Noah Fogel and Elijah Robinson. | 诺亚·福格尔和伊莱加·罗宾逊 |
[35:50] | But not for lack of trying to delegate their deaths. | 但不是因为他没有尝试把杀人的差事分配出去 |
[35:53] | Hunter uses the screen name Plup on fundamentalist message boards. | 亨特在基要主义者留言板使用了网名普拉普 |
[35:58] | And most of the people on there think | 留言板上的大部分人认为 |
[35:59] | that Western medicine is an affront to God. | 西医是对上帝的冒犯 |
[36:02] | So the idea that someone would alter DNA to extend human life, | 所以让人通过改变DNA来延长人的生命这种想法 |
[36:05] | they would do almost anything to stop that. | 会让他们不顾一切地去阻止 |
[36:07] | Except, to their minimal credit, murdering scientists. | 只不过 他们做不到谋杀科学家 |
[36:10] | Now, you can see here quite clearly | 你可以清楚地从这里看到 |
[36:13] | that Hunter’s Plup alter ego | 亨特的普拉普身份 |
[36:15] | is trying to rally these zealots into doing his dirty work for him. | 试图召集这些狂热分子替他杀人 |
[36:18] | When they balked, he did it himself. | 当他们拒绝后 亨特便亲自动手了 |
[36:21] | What I can see is this Plup guy has a lot of | 我只看到这个普拉普拥有很多 |
[36:23] | sensitive information about the inner workings of Galahad. | 加拉德奖比赛的内部敏感信息 |
[36:27] | How do you know he wasn’t some hacker who broke into their servers? | 你怎么知道他不是侵入他们服务器的黑客呢 |
[36:31] | Their servers are nigh impenetrable. | 他们的服务器几乎是不可逾越的 |
[36:33] | We reached out to some hacker acquaintances. | 我们联系了几个认识的黑客 |
[36:35] | They didn’t see how anyone could break into Galahad’s network. | 他们不认为有人可以黑进加拉德的网络 |
[36:38] | Plup is a leaker, not a hacker. | 普拉普是一个泄密者 不是黑客 |
[36:41] | The Galahad Institute has, what, 30 employees? | 加拉德研究所大概有三十个员工吧 |
[36:44] | What makes you so sure Hunter’s our guy? | 你怎么知道亨特就是我们要找的人呢 |
[36:47] | Look at the time stamps on the posts from Plup. | 注意一下普拉普帖子上的时间戳 |
[36:50] | Every one of them is between four thirty and five in the morning. | 每个帖子都是在早上四点半到五点之间发布的 |
[36:53] | Yeah, he’s an early riser. | 没错 他起得很早 |
[36:55] | Yep. Hunter Becket goes… | 亨特·贝克特每天早上 |
[36:58] | sculling every morning at sunrise on the Hudson. | 都会在日出时分去哈德逊河练习双桨赛艇 |
[37:01] | His social media posts are awash with his rowing exploits. | 他社交网络上发的全是他划船的内容 |
[37:04] | It’s not just the timing of the messages | 不只是发帖的时间 |
[37:06] | that points to Hunter. | 指向了亨特 |
[37:07] | It’s his motive also. | 还有他的动机 |
[37:09] | If no one collects the prize, he keeps the $5 million. | 如果没人获奖 他就能留下五百万 |
[37:12] | But he’s the one hosting the contest, | 可比赛就是他办的 |
[37:14] | and he’s already filthy rich. | 而且他已经富得流油了 |
[37:16] | Not quite as well-off as he once was. | 不比曾经了 |
[37:18] | Before his father drank the anti-aging Kool-Aid, | 在他老爸沉迷于抗衰老的饮料之前 |
[37:20] | Hunter was in line to inherit | 亨特本将继承 |
[37:21] | the Becket Medicated Powder fortune. | 贝克特药粉公司的财富 |
[37:24] | But then his father emptied the family piggy bank into his institute. | 但他父亲为了机构 掏空了家里的存钱罐 |
[37:28] | The old man still calls all the shots. | 一切还是老头子说了算 |
[37:30] | So now this guy’s a trust fund brat | 所以这家伙成了信托金少爷 |
[37:32] | with no trust fund. | 背后却根本没有信托金 |
[37:34] | And much as he would like to, | 尽管达德利·贝克特绞尽脑汁 |
[37:35] | Dudley Becket is not going to beat death. | 他还是无法战胜死亡 |
[37:38] | When he dies, Hunter will take control of Galahad, | 等他死了 亨特将掌管加拉哈德 |
[37:42] | and then he can eliminate the prize | 然后他就能取消奖金 |
[37:44] | and reclaim his inheritance. | 重获他的遗产了 |
[37:45] | Noah and Elijah were getting close to doubling | 诺亚和伊莱加很快就能 |
[37:48] | the life span of a rat, so they had to go. | 让一只老鼠的寿命翻倍了 所以他们得死 |
[37:50] | Even if you’re right, we can’t arrest somebody | 即便你们是对的 我们也不能 |
[37:52] | for weird screen names and their rowing schedule. | 因为奇怪的网名和划船时间表去抓人 |
[37:55] | Yeah, CSU didn’t find anything useful at either crime scene, | 是啊 鉴证组在整个犯罪现场一无所获 |
[37:58] | so how are we supposed to nail this guy? | 我们要怎么钉死这家伙 |
[38:01] | Well, it’s funny you should mention nails. | 有意思 你提到了钉子[同指甲] |
[38:05] | This is a joke, right? | 你们在开玩笑吧 |
[38:07] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没杀人 |
[38:09] | You didn’t want to, | 你原本没想杀人 |
[38:10] | but Noah and Elijah were getting close | 但诺亚和伊莱加很快就要 |
[38:12] | to taking a big bite out of your inheritance. | 从你的遗产中狠狠分走一杯羹了 |
[38:14] | You’re not a scientist, but you know a bit about | 你不是科学家 但你对药粉 |
[38:16] | powders– thallium, for example. | 还是略有所知 比如铊 |
[38:19] | The first time you tried to use it to poison someone | 你第一次尝试用它给人下毒 |
[38:21] | didn’t go quite according to plan. | 没能完全按照计划进行 |
[38:22] | You were caught in the act of | 你试图给伊莱加的牛奶下药时 |
[38:23] | trying to dose Elijah Robinson’s milk, | 被抓了现行 |
[38:24] | so you hit him with a rolling pin instead. | 于是你转而用一根擀面杖打了他 |
[38:27] | Dr. Fogel’s murder went much more smoothly. | 杀害福格尔医生时就顺利多了 |
[38:32] | Dad, this is nonsense. | 爸 这太扯了 |
[38:33] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[38:35] | We identified a chemical plant in Manila | 我们在马尼拉找到了一家化学工厂 |
[38:37] | that does business with Becket Medicated Powder. | 是跟贝克特药粉公司合作的 |
[38:39] | They process and store elemental thallium. | 他们加工并储存铊元素 |
[38:43] | They’re going through their shipping records for us. | 他们此刻正在帮我们查出货记录 |
[38:45] | What are the odds you had a package of thallium | 你觉得过去几个月 |
[38:47] | sent to yourself sometime in the past couple months? | 你订购过铊的几率有多大 |
[38:49] | No, this must be some kind of mistake. | 不 肯定是搞错了 |
[38:51] | No, I’m sorry, the only mistake was made by him. | 抱歉 唯一的错误是他造成的 |
[38:55] | The first time we met, I couldn’t help but notice | 我们第一次见面时 我不由注意到 |
[38:57] | you kept picking your fingernails all the way through our conversation. | 你在我们谈话期间 一直在搓你的指甲 |
[39:00] | Two of them were still bleeding. | 有两个指甲还在流血 |
[39:01] | You’d obviously just clipped them. | 显然是刚剪的 |
[39:03] | I was wondering, why did he clip them so low? | 我当时就在想 他为什么剪得这么短 |
[39:06] | It was only when you became a suspect that that made sense. | 唯一的合理解释是 你是嫌疑人 |
[39:08] | We found a pigment called Prussian blue | 我们在伊莱加的厨房台面上 |
[39:11] | on Elijah Robinson’s kitchen counter. | 发现了一种叫普鲁士蓝的颜料 |
[39:14] | It’s an antidote for thallium poisoning. | 那是铊毒的一种解药 |
[39:16] | You brought some with you when you went to the house. | 你去他家时随身带了些 |
[39:18] | We think you spilled it when the two of you fought. | 我们认为是你们打斗时洒了出来 |
[39:20] | Anyone working with thallium | 任何跟铊打交道的人 |
[39:22] | would keep Prussian blue nearby. | 周围都会备着普鲁士蓝 |
[39:24] | At some point during your preparation to kill two people, | 在你准备杀掉两个人的过程中 |
[39:27] | you got it under your fingernails. | 你的指甲中沾到了这种蓝色颜料 |
[39:28] | It was still there when we came to talk to you the other day, | 我们那天去找你谈话时 颜色还没褪 |
[39:30] | so you clipped your nails before you greeted us. Look. | 所以你在迎接我们之前剪了指甲 看 |
[39:36] | We found those in the trash. | 我们在垃圾里发现了这些 |
[39:40] | A DNA test will prove they’re yours, won’t it? | DNA检测将证明那是你的 对吧 |
[39:45] | Son, is this true? | 儿子 是真的吗 |
[39:47] | Did you kill those men? | 你杀了那两个人吗 |
[40:00] | Hey, I just heard from Marcus. | 我刚收到马库斯的消息 |
[40:02] | Hunter’s lawyers are already talking | 亨特的律师已经在跟地检谈了 |
[40:03] | to the D.A. about making a plea deal. | 想达成认罪协议 |
[40:08] | What’s happened? | 怎么了 |
[40:13] | So, uh, yesterday, I reached out to a… | 昨天 我联系了一个… |
[40:16] | a banker in the Cayman Islands. | 一个开曼群岛的银行老板 |
[40:19] | I felt… I felt quite certain that he’d be able to help me… | 我…我很确定他能帮我… |
[40:23] | locate Mycroft, and, uh… | 找到麦考夫… |
[40:27] | I was right. | 我猜对了 |
[40:28] | That’s great. Where is he? | 这是好事啊 他在哪 |
[40:33] | Leffen Trust Hospital? | 莱芬信托医院 |
[40:35] | It’s in, uh… | 在… |
[40:36] | Timaru, on the east coast of New Zealand. | 提马鲁 新西兰东海岸 |
[40:48] | When did this happen? | 这是什么时候的事 |
[40:52] | Nearly ten months ago. | 差不多十个月前 |
[40:57] | Apparently, an intracranial hemorrhage is, um… | 显然 颅内出血… |
[41:02] | not unheard of in, uh, leukemia survivors. | 对于白血病幸存者来说也不是没发生过 |
[41:09] | They say it was, uh, instantaneous. | 他们说是瞬间发生的 |
[41:11] | One minute, he-he was all right, and the next minute, he wasn’t. | 前一秒他还好好的 下一秒就不行了 |
[41:17] | So… he-he wouldn’t have suffered before he died. | 所以…他死前应该没糟什么罪 |
[41:24] | He’s faked his death before. I mean, maybe… | 他以前就假死过 也许… |
[41:26] | No. | 不 |
[41:33] | No. | 不是的 |