时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Have you heard anything about my friend? | 你有任何关于我朋友的进展吗 |
[00:04] | There have been no new leads | 波莉·肯纳的失踪案 |
[00:05] | in the disappearance of Polly Kenner. | 没有任何新进展 |
[00:07] | There is nothing I can do to get his attention. | 我做什么也无法引起他的注意 |
[00:09] | If I need to get louder, I’ll get louder. | 如果我得弄出更大动静 那我就去做 |
[00:12] | A woman was murdered two nights ago in Brooklyn. | 两天前在布鲁克林有一个女人被谋杀了 |
[00:15] | The earrings that she was wearing were Polly’s. | 她戴的耳环曾经是波莉的 |
[00:17] | Do you have any idea who did it? | 你有想法会是谁干的吗 |
[00:19] | Yeah, he did it. | 没错 是他干的 |
[00:21] | Not a doubt in my mind. | 我深信不疑 |
[00:22] | Your blood pressure and heart rate are way up. | 你的血压和心率高得离谱 |
[00:24] | You’re not just suffering from PCS. | 你不仅有脑震荡后综合征 |
[00:25] | This is clinical fatigue now. | 现在这是临床疲劳 |
[00:27] | So, I’m going to go away for a while, | 所以我要离开一阵子 |
[00:29] | but I’ll be back. | 不过我会回来的 |
[00:30] | While I’m away, | 我不在的时候 |
[00:31] | you have my word, I won’t hurt anyone. | 我跟你保证 我不会伤害任何人 |
[00:34] | My car’s here. | 我的车到了 |
[00:36] | Taking a break from everything is smart. | 放个假远离一切是明智之举 |
[00:38] | It’s what your doctor wanted. | 这也是你的医生所希望的 |
[00:39] | You’ll be back soon enough. You’ll be better. | 你很快就会回来 你会好转 |
[00:55] | Watson! | 华生 |
[00:59] | I have returned. | 我回来了 |
[01:00] | Am I crazy, or did you say | 我疯了吗 还是你说的是 |
[01:01] | you were gonna come back on Friday? | 你周五才会回来 |
[01:04] | I did… | 我是说了 |
[01:05] | but some sore feelings developed between me | 但我跟当地警方发展出了一种 |
[01:06] | – and the local constabulary. – Why would…? | -痛苦的感情 -为什么… |
[01:12] | You got involved in a case, didn’t you? | 你被卷进一起案子里了 是不是 |
[01:14] | As you know, | 如你所知 |
[01:15] | I spent the bulk of the last three months in my cabin, | 过去的三个月我一直把自己关在小屋里 |
[01:17] | cut off from the outside world. | 完全与世隔绝 |
[01:19] | So, when word reached me | 所以 当我知道 |
[01:20] | that renowned trapper Ragnar Hagerstrom | 著名的陷阱人拉格纳·海格斯通 |
[01:21] | had been killed by a pack of black bears | 被一群黑熊杀死 |
[01:23] | just miles from my mountainside retreat… | 就在我住的山腹几里地外 |
[01:25] | You weren’t supposed to do any work. | 你不该做任何工作的 |
[01:27] | I realize that, but… | 我知道 但是… |
[01:28] | No work. That was the deal. | 不工作 当时说好了的 |
[01:29] | As I told you when we last corresponded, | 我们上次通话时 我跟你说了 |
[01:31] | I haven’t experienced a headache in over a month. | 我过去一个月里都没出现过头痛 |
[01:34] | My sleep patterns have returned to normal. | 我的睡眠习惯回归了正常 |
[01:35] | Well, my normal. | 起码是我的正常 |
[01:37] | I still have to follow up with Dr. Hanson, | 我还是必须跟汉森医生进行后续跟进 |
[01:39] | but all indications are that | 但这一切都表明 |
[01:40] | my post-concussion syndrome is in abatement. | 我的脑震荡后综合征有所缓解了 |
[01:42] | Now, would you like to hear about | 现在 你想不想听听 |
[01:44] | one scorned woman’s attempt to frame an innocent black bear | 一个被鄙视的女人试图陷害一头无辜的黑熊 |
[01:47] | or… not? | 也可能…不想听 |
[01:49] | And why do you keep looking over there? | 而且你为什么一直看那边 |
[01:54] | I have a houseguest. | 我有一位客人来家里小住 |
[01:57] | You’ve taken a lover in my absence. That’s excellent. | 你在我不在时有了一位爱人 真好 |
[01:59] | I can’t wait to meet him. Or her. | 我真是迫不及待想见他 或她 |
[02:01] | Or is it them? | 还是他们 |
[02:03] | No, I have not taken a lover. | 不是 我没有找爱人 |
[02:06] | So, why are you so determined | 那你为什么这么决意 |
[02:07] | to stop me from going downstairs? | 要阻止我去楼下 |
[02:08] | Hey, Joan, I hope you don’t mind, | 乔恩 希望你不介意 |
[02:10] | but I’m starving, so I dug through your fridge. | 但我太饿了 所以我翻了你的冰箱 |
[02:14] | Hi. I’m Kelsey. | 你好 我是凯尔希 |
[02:17] | Kelsey, this is Sherlock, my partner. | 凯尔西 这是夏洛克 我的搭档 |
[02:19] | Oh. I don’t recall seeing his name in the paperwork. | 我不记得在文件中见过他的名字 |
[02:22] | What paperwork? | 什么文件 |
[02:24] | He is not my partner partner. | 他不是我的伴侣那种搭档 |
[02:25] | – He is my business partner. – What paperwork? | -他是我的工作搭档 -什么文件 |
[02:29] | The application she filled out to adopt my baby. | 她填写的领养我孩子的申请 |
[02:32] | No… Kelsey just got in about 20 minutes before you did, | 不 凯尔希只比你早20分钟进来 |
[02:34] | so why don’t I take you upstairs, | 我先带你去楼上吧 |
[02:36] | and then you can get settled. | 你先安顿下来 |
[02:38] | We’ll talk. | 我们稍后再谈 |
[02:53] | How’s it going, Professor? | 怎么样 教授 |
[02:56] | How long are you gonna keep calling me that? | 你还要继续这么叫我多久 |
[02:59] | Haven’t decided yet… Professor. | 还没决定好呢 教授 |
[03:03] | Can I at least take off the dunce cap? | 那我至少能摘掉这个蠢帽子了吗 |
[03:05] | Hey, who signed off on this concrete | 那天晚上谁签字同意 |
[03:07] | being poured the other night? | 浇灌这块水泥的 |
[03:10] | I did. | 我 |
[03:11] | And who forgot to ask me if we’d finished | 又是谁忘了问我 我们是不是 |
[03:13] | putting in all the piping? | 已经装完了所有管道 |
[03:14] | Me. | 也是我 |
[03:15] | Then no, you can’t take off the cap. | 那就不行 你不能摘掉那顶帽子 |
[03:25] | Are you gonna watch me pull up every slab? | 你是要看着我吊起每块水泥吗 |
[03:27] | Just the first. Making sure you still know | 就看第一块 确保你还知道 |
[03:29] | how to operate a chain hoist. | 怎么操作链式起重机 |
[03:41] | Happy? | 满意了吗 |
[03:43] | What did I do now? | 我又怎么了 |
[03:46] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[03:47] | That’s a person, Fred. | 那是个人 弗雷德 |
[03:49] | Two arms with… | 两只手和… |
[03:50] | guts in the middle. | 中间是器官 |
[03:52] | And those are the legs. | 而那些是腿 |
[03:54] | Somebody got buried here. | 有人被埋在了这里 |
[03:56] | And you just cut ’em into pieces. | 而你刚把这人切成块了 |
[04:11] | I’d ask for an update on the search for Michael Rowan, | 我本想问迈克·罗温的搜查进展 |
[04:13] | but your data speaks for itself. | 但你的数据已经表明了一切 |
[04:15] | No activity on his credit cards or cell phone. | 他的信用卡和手机都没用过 |
[04:18] | Since we spoke last weekend, | 我们上周末说过话后 |
[04:19] | his e-mail account remains a ghost town. | 他的邮箱也不再用了 |
[04:21] | I take it our friends at the Bureau | 我想我们在警局的朋友 |
[04:22] | are still sending you missing persons alerts. | 还在给你发失踪人员提醒 |
[04:24] | Yeah, every day someone goes missing, | 是的 每天有人失踪 |
[04:25] | I get a notice on my phone. | 我手机上就会收到提醒 |
[04:27] | I thought we were onto something when a woman | 前几天我本来以为我们有线索了 |
[04:28] | who looked a little like Maddie Williams | 有个长得有点像麦迪·威廉姆斯的女人 |
[04:29] | disappeared in Fresno the other day. | 在弗雷斯诺市失踪了 |
[04:31] | I almost called you, | 我差点就要打给你了 |
[04:32] | but then she turned up safe and sound a couple hours later. | 但几小时后她安然无恙地出现了 |
[04:34] | Would appear that Michael has gone dormant. | 看来迈克真的进入休眠状态了 |
[04:37] | That’s one possibility. | 这是一种可能性 |
[04:38] | Another is that he’s gotten so good at killing | 也有可能是他的杀人技术太好 |
[04:40] | that no one in law enforcement even notices anymore. | 执法部门甚至注意不到他了 |
[04:42] | As we discussed before I took my leave of absence, | 在我离开之前我们讨论过 |
[04:45] | he seemed to mean it when he said he would restrain himself. | 他说要克制自己时听起来像是认真的 |
[04:48] | He also said he’d be back, so… | 他也说了他会回来 所以… |
[04:49] | – we have to believe he meant that, too. – Thank you. | -我们得相信那句也是认真的 -谢谢你 |
[04:51] | For tending to this while I was gone. | 在我离开时还想着这些 |
[04:53] | Couldn’t have taken the time I needed | 如果不是知道你还在掌舵 |
[04:54] | without knowing that you were still at the helm. | 我就没法花时间进行我需要的休息 |
[04:57] | I wasn’t the only one looking for Michael. | 不是只有我在找迈克 |
[04:59] | You’re the only one who mattered. | 重要的只有你 |
[05:03] | Is there a corresponding wall of evidence | 有没有一面类似的证据墙 |
[05:05] | which traces your search for a baby? | 是你用来找一个孩子的 |
[05:08] | I’m sorry about that. | 那事我很抱歉 |
[05:09] | I did not mean to spring Kelsey on you. | 我没想让你撞见凯尔希的 |
[05:11] | My attorney didn’t even tell me about it till yesterday. | 我的律师昨天才告诉我这事 |
[05:13] | Your attorney? | 你的律师 |
[05:15] | Yeah, I hired him a few weeks before you left. | 对 你走之前几周我雇了他 |
[05:17] | Listen, I was gonna talk to you about it, | 听着 我本来想跟你说的 |
[05:19] | but you were going through so much with your PCS, and I… | 但你的病已经够折腾你了 而我… |
[05:21] | Watson, you don’t owe me an explanation. | 华生 你不欠我一个解释 |
[05:22] | She’s going to be here for a few more days only, okay? | 她只会在这里再待几天 好吗 |
[05:25] | Then she goes back to school in Philadelphia. | 然后她就回费城上学了 |
[05:26] | She’s here to meet with me | 她是来见我 |
[05:27] | and a couple of other prospective parents before she goes back. | 和另外几对有意向的父母的 |
[05:31] | It’s Marcus. | 是马库斯 |
[05:34] | I know you just got back, | 我知道你刚回来 |
[05:35] | but how do you feel about a trip to the morgue? | 但你觉得去一趟验尸房怎么样 |
[05:39] | Meet Jane Doe. | 来见见无名女尸 |
[05:41] | Construction crew found her in a concrete floor | 建筑工人今早切割混凝土底板时 |
[05:43] | they were cutting into pieces this morning. | 发现她在里面 |
[05:45] | As I noted, the saw they were using | 他们使用的电锯 |
[05:47] | cut her just below the shoulders | 切断了她的肩膀以下 |
[05:49] | and right above the knees. | 还有膝盖以上 |
[05:51] | No concrete in her throat or lungs, | 她的喉咙和肺里没有混凝土 |
[05:53] | so she was dead before she went into the cement. | 所以她在被放进水泥之前就死了 |
[05:55] | These ligature marks– cause of death strangulation? | 这些绳子的痕迹 死因是勒杀吗 |
[05:58] | Yeah. As confirmed by a fractured larynx. | 对 断裂的喉骨证明了这一点 |
[06:00] | Time of death’s between 6:00 p.m. and midnight | 死亡时间是晚上六点到午夜间 |
[06:02] | two nights ago. | 两天以前 |
[06:03] | Makes sense. The floor she was in | 说得通 埋着她的那块水泥地 |
[06:05] | was poured two nights ago. | 是两天前的夜里浇筑的 |
[06:06] | Any security cameras at the work site? | 工地有监控摄像头吗 |
[06:09] | No. | 没有 |
[06:09] | And it’s a small crew– eight guys total. | 而且工人团队很小 只有八个人 |
[06:12] | Alibis for the first six have already checked out, | 前六个的不在场证明已经确认了 |
[06:14] | and I’m expecting the remaining two to go the same way. | 我估计剩下的两个也一样 |
[06:16] | Says here that you found a nylon fiber in her teeth. | 这里说你在她的牙齿里发现了尼龙纤维 |
[06:19] | God bless man-made fibers | 上帝保佑人造纤维 |
[06:20] | and the manufacturers who register them. | 和注册它们的生产厂家 |
[06:22] | The lab says that the fiber | 实验室说那种纤维 |
[06:24] | came from the seat belt of a late-model Japanese sedan. | 来自一辆新型日本轿车的安全带 |
[06:27] | Unfortunately, the seat belt is used | 不幸的是 这种安全带 |
[06:29] | in cars made by multiple companies. | 有好几个厂家的车都在用 |
[06:31] | Stands to reason it was the murder weapon. | 认为它是凶器是有道理的 |
[06:32] | These ligature marks are approximately 48 millimeters across. | 这些勒痕大约有48毫米宽 |
[06:35] | That is standard width for a seat belt. | 这是安全带的标准宽度 |
[06:38] | Personal effects? | 有随身物品吗 |
[06:39] | Help yourself. | 自己看吧 |
[06:41] | I checked with Missing Persons. | 我查了失踪人口 |
[06:42] | She doesn’t match any reports. | 她跟所有报案都不匹配 |
[06:44] | No hits on her fingerprints, either. | 她的指纹也没有吻合的结果 |
[06:47] | Who needs fingerprints when you got one of these? | 都有这个了还要指纹干什么 |
[06:50] | What, a rubber bracelet? | 什么 一个橡胶手环 |
[06:52] | It’s a smart rubber bracelet. | 这是个智能橡胶手环 |
[06:54] | Do you have a scalpel? | 你有解剖刀吗 |
[06:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:01] | Companies with restricted areas sometimes use RF chips | 有限制区域的公司有时会用 |
[07:05] | embedded in bracelets | 植入手环的无线电芯片 |
[07:06] | instead of the traditional plastic access cards. | 代替传统的塑料通行卡 |
[07:10] | So… | 所以… |
[07:12] | This should help us identify her employers, | 这应该能帮我们查出她的雇主 |
[07:14] | and that, in turn, | 然后反过来 |
[07:15] | should help us identify her. | 就可以帮我们确认她的身份 |
[07:18] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[07:20] | Poor Lauren. | 可怜的劳伦 |
[07:21] | You said somebody killed her? | 你说有人杀了她 |
[07:23] | Strangled her. | 勒死了她 |
[07:24] | She didn’t have any I.D. on her, | 她身上没有身份证件 |
[07:26] | but the RF chip in her bracelet | 但她手环里的无线电芯片 |
[07:28] | told us she worked here at Pathas Global. | 告诉我们她在派瑟斯国际工作 |
[07:31] | Or at least she did | 至少在你上周 |
[07:32] | until you suspended her without pay last week. | 让她停薪停职前她还在这里工作 |
[07:35] | She was very talented, but she and Pathas | 她很有才华 但事实证明 |
[07:38] | were proving not to be a good fit. | 她和派瑟斯不太合得来 |
[07:39] | That said, I’m sure HR still has all her information. | 我确定人力部还有她所有的信息 |
[07:42] | I’ll ask somebody to bring it up. | 我让人送上来 |
[07:43] | Actually, we’ve already been to HR. | 其实我们已经去过人力部了 |
[07:45] | Got everything we need. | 拿到了我们需要的一切 |
[07:47] | Well, I’m confused. | 我不明白了 |
[07:49] | Why did you need to speak with me? | 你们为什么还要跟我谈 |
[07:51] | You said Lauren Wexler and Pathas weren’t a good fit. | 你说劳伦·韦斯勒和派瑟斯合不来 |
[07:53] | But… | 但是… |
[07:54] | you are Pathas, Mr. Salinger. | 你就是派瑟斯 塞林杰先生 |
[07:55] | It says so right there. | 上面写着呢 |
[08:00] | Oh, you think I had something to do with this? | 你们觉得我跟这事有关 |
[08:03] | Listen, I suspended Lauren. | 听着 我让劳伦停职了 |
[08:04] | Why would I also kill her? | 我为什么还要杀了她 |
[08:06] | Why would you call her an “incompetent bitch” | 你上个月为什么在会议厅叫她 |
[08:08] | on a convention floor last month? | “没本事的贱人” |
[08:10] | Oh… I wouldn’t have taken you | 我觉得你不像是 |
[08:12] | for a fan of tech industry gossip sites. | 科技产业八卦网站的粉丝 |
[08:15] | You were overheard saying that you would end her. | 有人听到你说你要了结她 |
[08:17] | Now she’s dead. | 现在她死了 |
[08:18] | If you thought the gossip sites were hard on you before… | 如果你觉得八卦网站之前对你不友好 |
[08:20] | I wasn’t talking about ending her. | 我不是在说了结她 |
[08:23] | Okay, I was talking | 好吗 我是在说 |
[08:25] | about ending her work on MERMA. | 结束她对默玛的工作 |
[08:28] | What’s MERMA? | 默玛是什么 |
[08:29] | MERMA is an acronym. | 默玛是个首字母缩略词 |
[08:32] | Marine Ecosystem Renewal and Maintenance Apparatus. | 全称是海洋生态恢复和维护装置 |
[08:35] | This thing glides across the surface of a body of water, | 这东西会在水体表面滑行 |
[08:38] | neutralizing pollutants and removing toxins. | 中和污染物并消除毒素 |
[08:41] | It’s like a Roomba the size of a Fiat, | 它就像是一辆车那么大的扫地机器人 |
[08:44] | only instead of cleaning floors, this thing cleans oceans. | 但它不扫地 它扫的是海洋 |
[08:47] | Now, Lauren, was supposed to be one of the finest | 劳伦应该是国内最好的 |
[08:50] | clean-tech engineers in the country. | 清洁科技工程师之一 |
[08:52] | I brought her here to spearhead that project. | 我让她来给这个项目打头阵 |
[08:55] | That was two years ago, | 那是两年前 |
[08:56] | and you want to know how many MERMAs | 你想知道从那时到现在我们造出了 |
[08:58] | we’ve built since then? | 多少台默玛吗 |
[09:01] | Zero. | 一台都没有 |
[09:02] | Hence your frustration with Ms. Wexler. | 所以你对韦斯勒女士很失望 |
[09:04] | At the start, | 一开始 |
[09:05] | she was relentless. | 她不眠不休 |
[09:07] | She did over a year of field research. | 她做了一年多的实地调研 |
[09:09] | She traveled all around the globe | 她到全球各地 |
[09:11] | commissioning prototypes. | 调试原型机 |
[09:13] | But then, about six months ago, | 但后来 大概六个月前 |
[09:14] | she comes in here, tells me the thing won’t work. | 她走进来告诉我这东西行不通 |
[09:17] | Project’s a loser. | 这个项目失败了 |
[09:18] | And I told her that was unacceptable, | 而我告诉她这是不能接受的 |
[09:20] | and I sent her back to the drawing board. | 然后我让她回到了制图板前 |
[09:22] | And when her attitude didn’t improve, | 而她的态度并没有改善 |
[09:24] | I benched her, but… | 于是我让她停职了 但是… |
[09:25] | that is all I did. | 我做的只有这些 |
[09:27] | Can you account for your whereabouts | 你能说明两天前的晚上 |
[09:28] | 6:00 P.M. and 12:00 midnight two nights ago? | 六点到午夜十二点的行踪吗 |
[09:32] | Is that when Lauren was killed? | 劳伦就是那时候遇害的吗 |
[09:33] | Just answer the question, Mr. Salinger. | 回答问题就行 塞林杰先生 |
[09:36] | Two nights ago, I was at a yoga retreat in San Francisco. | 两天前的晚上我在旧金山参加瑜伽修行 |
[09:40] | A bunch of us were. | 我们一群人都在那里 |
[09:41] | We just flew back on the corporate jet this morning. | 我们今早才坐公司的飞机回来 |
[09:43] | In fact, I will get you my pilot’s information. | 我会给你飞行员的联系方式 |
[09:46] | Hell, I will get you my yogi’s information. | 我还会给你我的瑜伽老师的联系方式 |
[09:50] | Hey, just out of curiosity, | 好奇地问一句 |
[09:53] | has your investigation brought you into contact | 你们的调查有没有让你们联系上 |
[09:55] | with a man named Troy? | 一个叫特洛伊的人 |
[09:58] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[10:00] | few weeks ago, on a day when Lauren | 几周前 有一天劳拉 |
[10:03] | actually bothered to show up for a meeting, | 终于肯费心来参加一场会议了 |
[10:06] | she stepped outside to take a call | 她出去接了个电话 |
[10:07] | from someone by that name. | 打电话的人叫那个名字 |
[10:10] | I couldn’t make out exactly what she was saying, but… | 我不知道她到底在说什么 但是 |
[10:13] | it was obviously an argument. | 那很明显是一场争吵 |
[10:15] | Did your eavesdropping happen to register Troy’s last name? | 你有没有偷听到特洛伊姓什么 |
[10:18] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:20] | Troy– all I got. | 特洛伊 我只知道这个 |
[10:32] | I, uh, just got off the phone with Mr. Salinger’s pilot. | 我刚跟塞林杰先生的飞行员打过电话 |
[10:35] | His alibi checks out. | 他的不在场证明确认了 |
[10:37] | Where’s Joan? | 乔恩呢 |
[10:38] | She had to go home to check on a houseguest. | 她得回家去看一个暂住的客人 |
[10:40] | You guys have someone staying with you at your place? | 你们让别人住在家里了 |
[10:42] | Like, on purpose? | 主动邀请的吗 |
[10:45] | Did Lauren Wexler’s cell phone company divulge her records? | 劳伦·韦斯勒的通话记录来了吗 |
[10:47] | No. Shouldn’t be long. | 没有 应该快了 |
[10:49] | Unless Troy was using a burner when he called her, | 除非特洛伊用的是一次性手机 |
[10:53] | should be able to work backwards to his subscriber information. | 否则应该能反查到他的用户信息 |
[10:57] | You look good, man. | 你看起来不错 伙计 |
[10:59] | I mean, you know, | 我是说 你知道的 |
[11:01] | compared to the last time I saw you. | 跟我上次看到你的时候相比 |
[11:03] | It was difficult being away. | 离开很不容易 |
[11:04] | But I hear the department has done adequate work in my absence. | 但我听说我不在时局里也做得很称职 |
[11:07] | Yeah, well, we are the police. | 我们可是警察 |
[11:10] | They don’t call us “New York’s most adequate” for nothing. | “纽约最称职的人”不是白叫的 |
[11:13] | What is all this stuff anyway? | 这些都是什么东西 |
[11:16] | It’s the contents of Lauren Wexler’s work space at Pathas. | 这是劳伦·韦斯勒在派瑟斯的东西 |
[11:19] | I had Mr. Salinger send it over. | 我让塞林杰先生送过来的 |
[11:21] | Did her drinking bird tell you much about who killed her? | 她的喝水鸟有没有告诉你是谁杀了她 |
[11:25] | No. | 没有 |
[11:26] | But this leaflet did. | 但这张传单说了 |
[11:28] | “Home care instructions for sutures, stitches and staples.” | 伤口缝合的家庭护理说明 |
[11:32] | According to the receipt on the back, she received stitches | 根据后面的收据 她上个月 |
[11:35] | at an urgent care facility | 在费什基尔的一家紧急护理机构 |
[11:36] | last month in Fishkill. | 做了伤口缝合 |
[11:38] | That’s nowhere near her residence. | 那里离她家可不近 |
[11:40] | Or the Pathas offices. | 离派瑟斯的办公室也不近 |
[11:41] | So, what was she doing there? | 所以她去那里干什么 |
[11:43] | What, she was buying a hoodie? | 怎么 她是去买卫衣的吗 |
[11:46] | No. Have a look at the left sleeve. | 不 看看左边袖子 |
[11:52] | You know this isn’t blood, right? | 你知道这不是血吧 |
[11:53] | – It’s red paint. – It’s not red. | -这是红油漆 -那不是红 |
[11:55] | It’s Farmhouse Wagon Sienna. | 那是农舍马车牌赭色油漆 |
[11:57] | Now, there are only three homes in the area surrounding | 在那家紧急护理机构附近 |
[12:00] | the urgent care clinic which have elements | 只有三户人家的房子 |
[12:02] | painted that precise color. | 有那种颜色 |
[12:04] | And out of those three, | 在这三户人家里 |
[12:06] | only this one is owned | 只有这座房子的主人 |
[12:08] | by Troy Roselli. | 叫特洛伊·罗塞利 |
[12:14] | You can tell Ms. Wexler’s cell phone company | 你可以告诉韦斯勒女士的电话公司 |
[12:16] | they can keep her records. | 他们可以留着她的通话记录了 |
[12:17] | I’m going to tell Watson | 我去告诉华生 |
[12:18] | to meet us in Fishkill. | 跟我们在费什基尔会合 |
[12:23] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[12:24] | Troy Roselli? | 特洛伊·罗塞利 |
[12:26] | Detective Marcus Bell. | 马库斯·贝尔探员 |
[12:27] | My colleagues and I want to talk to you about Lauren Wexler. | 我们想跟您谈谈劳伦·韦斯勒 |
[12:30] | – Who? – We believe she paid a visit here last month. | -谁 -我们了解到她上个月来过这里 |
[12:33] | Soon followed by a trip to the emergency care clinic. | 之后不久就进了紧急护理诊所 |
[12:36] | Uh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:38] | Never heard of her. | 我没听说过这么个人 |
[12:39] | See you had your garage door painted recently. | 你的车库门最近新刷过 |
[12:41] | It’s nice. I like it. | 挺漂亮的 我喜欢 |
[12:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:45] | You wouldn’t happen to have a | 你不会刚巧有一辆 |
[12:46] | late-model Japanese sedan in there, would you? | 新款的日本轿车在里面吧 |
[12:49] | No, I, uh… I don’t own a car. | 不 我没车 |
[12:51] | You mind showing us? | 介意让我们看看吗 |
[12:53] | No. | 没问题 |
[12:55] | Let me, uh, just throw on some clothes. | 我先去穿点衣服 |
[13:02] | Well, he’s obviously lying about not knowing Lauren Wexler. | 他说不认识劳伦·韦斯勒显然是在撒谎 |
[13:05] | And about not having anything in his garage. | 说没车也是个谎言 |
[13:10] | Back door just opened. He’s running. | 后门刚开了 他跑了 |
[13:17] | And there goes the towel. | 浴巾掉了 |
[13:19] | Stop right there! | 站住 |
[13:21] | I’ll call local PD for backup. | 我去打给当地警局请求支援 |
[13:23] | You two wait here. | 你俩在这等着 |
[13:25] | Well, should we help him or…? | 我们要去帮他吗 还是… |
[13:27] | Well, normally I would, but you saw the towel drop. | 通常我会的 不过你看他浴巾都掉了 |
[13:29] | Mr. Roselli couldn’t be more unarmed. | 罗塞利先生可以说是身无寸铁 |
[13:31] | Unless you think he’s got a weapon up his… | 除非你觉得他还有武器藏在… |
[13:32] | Let’s just go look at the garage. | 我们去车库看看吧 |
[13:38] | I wanted you to know that I am happy for you. | 我希望你知道我是为你开心的 |
[13:43] | Your decision to become a parent– I support it. | 你做了为人母的决定 我支持你 |
[13:49] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[13:50] | – Why wouldn’t I? – Are you forgetting | -为什么不 -你忘了吗 |
[13:51] | I was in the room with you when you told a pregnant woman | 之前你跟一个孕妇说 生产是唯一 |
[13:53] | that procreation was the only act | 比手淫更有效的自慰行为时 |
[13:55] | more masturbatory than masturbation? | 我可也在场 |
[13:58] | She was a murder suspect, and besides, you’re adopting. | 她可是凶杀嫌疑犯 再说你只是要领养 |
[14:02] | You started looking for somewhere to live? | 你开始找新住处了吗 |
[14:04] | What? No. Why? | 什么 没有 怎么这么问 |
[14:06] | Well, there’s not an adoption agency on the planet that would | 世界上没有一家领养机构 |
[14:09] | hand an infant to a woman who lives with a heroin addict. | 会把婴儿交给一个跟瘾君子住一起的女人 |
[14:11] | You are in recovery. | 你已经在康复了 |
[14:12] | – Watson. – You know what? | -华生 -跟你说吧 |
[14:13] | Look, I already spoke to my attorney, | 我已经跟我的律师谈过了 |
[14:15] | and he knows that if my lifestyle is a deal breaker, | 他知道如果我的生活方式会坏事 |
[14:18] | then I’m not going to adopt. | 我是不会去领养的 |
[14:20] | Anyway, I think the bigger question is | 我觉得重点是 |
[14:22] | how are you going to feel about having a kid around? | 你对身边有个孩子这事作何感想 |
[14:24] | I mean, I would not expect you to co-parent or anything. | 我不会指望你跟我一起抚养他什么的 |
[14:27] | The baby would be my responsibility. | 孩子是我的责任 |
[14:29] | You said that about Clyde. | 你当初也是这么说克莱德的 |
[14:32] | I am not talking about a tortoise here. | 我现在说的可不是一只乌龟 |
[14:36] | For you, Watson… | 华生 为了你 |
[14:38] | I’d make adjustments. | 我愿意做出一些调整 |
[14:41] | Always. | 一直如是 |
[15:07] | Am I crazy, or is that a MERMA? | 是我眼花 还是这真是个默玛 |
[15:09] | The supposedly impossible-to-build ocean cleaner? | 那个本该不可能造就的海洋清洁装置 |
[15:13] | Without question. | 毋庸置疑 |
[15:19] | I’m beginning to think that Lauren Wexler | 我开始觉得劳伦·韦斯勒 |
[15:21] | wasn’t so incompetent after all. | 并不是那么没本事了 |
[15:25] | No, she wasn’t incompetent. | 她不是没本事 |
[15:28] | She was a thief. | 她是个贼 |
[15:40] | Look, when you guys came into my door, I swear to God, | 你们出现在我家门口时 我对天发誓 |
[15:43] | I had no idea Lauren was dead. | 我对劳伦的死一无所知 |
[15:45] | Well, someone at her office overheard you two | 她的同事说听到了你俩 |
[15:47] | arguing over the phone a few weeks ago. | 几周前在电话里有过争吵 |
[15:49] | Look, I’m not saying I liked Lauren. | 我不是说我喜欢劳伦 |
[15:52] | I’m just saying I wouldn’t have hurt her. | 我只是说我没有伤害她 |
[15:53] | You already lied to us once today, Mr. Roselli. | 你今天已经骗过我们一次了 罗塞利先生 |
[15:55] | You told us there was nothing in your garage. | 你说你的车库里没有东西 |
[15:58] | So, why should we believe you now? | 所以我们现在凭什么相信你 |
[16:00] | I lied for the same reason I ran away. Okay? | 我撒谎跟逃跑是同一个理由 好吗 |
[16:04] | That. The MERMA. | 都是因为那个东西 默玛 |
[16:07] | Wish I’d never even heard of the stupid thing. | 真希望我没听说过这破玩意儿 |
[16:09] | You’re an engineer. | 你是个工程师 |
[16:10] | You were helping Lauren build it, right? | 你在帮劳伦造它 对吧 |
[16:12] | Yes. I was out of work when she reached out to me. | 对 她来找我的时候我正好没工作 |
[16:15] | I needed the money. | 我需要钱 |
[16:16] | That trip to the emergency care clinic– | 她去紧急护理诊所 |
[16:18] | she cut her hand when we were replacing a propeller blade. | 是因为我们在换推进器叶片的时候她割了手 |
[16:20] | You were aware the plans she gave you were stolen? | 你清楚她给你的设计图是偷的吧 |
[16:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:25] | Lauren told me she took a job at Pathas | 劳伦告诉我她在派瑟斯谋了一份工作 |
[16:27] | because she believed in the MERMA. | 因为她相信默玛这事能成 |
[16:28] | She knew oil companies would pay through the nose | 她知道石油公司会砸大把的钱 |
[16:31] | to clean up spills. | 来清理漏油 |
[16:33] | But then, about a year into the project, | 然而计划开始一年后 |
[16:34] | the guy who owns the company, Salinger, | 那个公司的头头 塞林杰 |
[16:37] | he decides to open-source all the tech. | 决定把所有技术开源 |
[16:40] | So the companies you’re referring to | 所以你提到的这些石油公司 |
[16:41] | would be able to build their own MERMA vehicles. | 将能造出他们自有的默玛装置 |
[16:44] | Companies, governments. | 不管是公司 还是政府 |
[16:46] | Anyone who wanted to help clean up the ocean. | 任何想要清洁海洋的人都行 |
[16:48] | Pathas wouldn’t make a dime. | 派瑟斯将分文不赚 |
[16:49] | Lauren freaked. | 劳伦吓坏了 |
[16:51] | She had points in the project. | 她本来对这计划有所图 |
[16:53] | So she stole all the plans, started working with you. | 所以她偷了图纸 开始跟你合作 |
[16:55] | She was gonna beat Pathas to the market. | 她想在市场上打败派瑟斯 |
[16:57] | What about the lawsuits that would follow? | 你们就没想过接下来会吃官司吗 |
[16:59] | She thought we could change the tech just enough | 她盘算着 我们也许能改进技术 |
[17:01] | to make it hard for Pathas to build a case. | 让派瑟斯无法立案 |
[17:05] | Maybe Salinger found out about what we were doing, | 或许塞林杰发现了我们在做什么 |
[17:07] | killed her ’cause he was so ticked. | 大发雷霆而把她杀了 |
[17:10] | Actually, Mr. Salinger has an alibi | 事实上 塞林杰先生有 |
[17:12] | for the time of the murder. | 案发当时的不在场证明 |
[17:13] | – He didn’t do it. – Well, then maybe it was | -凶手不是他 -那或许是 |
[17:15] | one of the other people Lauren stole from. | 被劳伦窃取过成果的其他人 |
[17:16] | What other people? | 什么其他人 |
[17:18] | The idea of the MERMA came from Pathas, but… | 默玛的创意是派瑟斯的 |
[17:21] | the tech came from inventors from all over the world. | 但技术却是来自世界各地的发明家 |
[17:24] | Mr. Salinger said something | 塞林格先生提到过 |
[17:25] | about Lauren traveling a lot, | 劳伦经常出差 |
[17:27] | commissioning pitches from people. | 征集各种创意 |
[17:29] | Yeah, different engineers | 是的 本该由不同的工程师 |
[17:30] | were supposed to work on different components. | 研发不同的组件 |
[17:32] | In the end, she poached the best ideas she heard. | 最后 她挖走了最优秀的创意 |
[17:34] | How would those people have found out | 这些人是怎么发现 |
[17:36] | you guys built your own MERMA? | 你们在造自己的默玛的 |
[17:40] | I guess it could’ve been during a test drive. | 可能是在试航的时候 |
[17:43] | That prototype you saw, it’s fully functional. | 你看到的那个原型机 功能已经很完备了 |
[17:46] | Lauren took it out on the Hudson a few times | 有几次劳伦把它开到了哈德逊河上 |
[17:47] | to put it through the paces. | 进行测试 |
[17:49] | Maybe the wrong person saw her do it. | 或许被不该看见的人看见了 |
[18:02] | I’m sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[18:03] | Feels like I spend half my life in the bathroom these days. | 感觉这几天我一半的时间都在上厕所 |
[18:06] | Well, you’re pregnant, | 你怀孕了 |
[18:07] | so it sort of comes with the territory. | 这样是正常的 |
[18:10] | I was telling you about Brody, right? | 我刚说到布洛迪了 对吗 |
[18:12] | – Yeah. The father. – Yes. | -对 孩子的父亲 -对 |
[18:15] | He’s a very sweet guy. | 他人很好 |
[18:16] | Very cute. | 很帅 |
[18:18] | No interest in being a dad, but… | 一点也不想当爸爸 但是… |
[18:21] | Hey, just so you know, | 我只想告诉你 |
[18:23] | um, what happened… | 发生了这种事 |
[18:25] | it’s not like me at all. | 这根本不是我的作风 |
[18:27] | I don’t sleep around. | 我不滥交 |
[18:29] | Honestly, it’s really none of my business. | 老实说 这并不关我的事 |
[18:31] | I know, but it’s important to me. | 我知道 但这对我很重要 |
[18:33] | Because I was raised a certain way, | 因为我的家教就是如此 |
[18:35] | and I didn’t even date until I got to college, so… | 我上大学前都没有约会过 所以… |
[18:38] | if things work out between you and me, | 如果你领养了我的孩子 |
[18:40] | I just want you to be able to tell people | 我只希望你能告诉大家 |
[18:41] | that the biological mom wasn’t a slut. | 孩子的生母不是荡妇 |
[18:45] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[18:48] | So, your parents sound pretty conservative. | 这么说 你父母听起来很保守 |
[18:51] | How did they take it when you told them | 那他们是什么反应 |
[18:52] | that you were gonna give the baby up for adoption? | 当你说你要把孩子送去领养 |
[18:54] | They practically threw a party. | 他们差点想开派对庆祝了 |
[18:58] | Ladies, here you go. | 女士们 你们的餐点到了 |
[19:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:01] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[19:05] | So, you swear you and your partner never slept together? | 你发誓你和你的搭档没睡过 |
[19:07] | No. Never. | 从来没有 |
[19:09] | And you’re not a lesbian? | 你也不是同性恋 |
[19:11] | – No. – Sorry, it’s just– | -不是 -抱歉 只是… |
[19:13] | he’s hot, you’re hot. | 他帅你美 |
[19:14] | You’d make a great couple. | 你们很般配 |
[19:17] | You would be surprised how often we don’t hear that. | 你会很惊讶这话有多罕见 |
[19:20] | In the form you filled out for your attorney, | 你给你的律师填的表格 |
[19:22] | it said that you used to be a doctor. | 上面说你以前是医生 |
[19:25] | Mm-hmm. Well, technically, um, I still am a doctor. | 准确地说 我现在也还是医生 |
[19:28] | Well… | 那… |
[19:29] | how did your parents take it | 你的父母是什么反应 |
[19:30] | when you told them you were giving that up | 当你说你要放弃当医生 |
[19:32] | – to be a detective? – Um, you know, | -转行去做侦探 -就是… |
[19:33] | it took them some time to adjust. | 他们花了点时间去消化 |
[19:35] | I’ll bet it did. | 那是自然 |
[19:37] | All the time you put in, | 你投入的那些时间 |
[19:38] | all the money they put in, God… | 还有他们投入的那些金钱 天 |
[19:42] | I couldn’t do that. | 我可做不到 |
[19:43] | Not ever. | 永远做不到 |
[19:45] | I’m sorry if that sounds judgmental, but… | 如果听起来是在评判你 我很抱歉 但… |
[19:48] | judging you is kind of the whole point of this trip. | 我们见面的重点某种程度上就是要评判你 |
[19:51] | It’s okay. I mean, you have to go through your process, right? | 没关系 你有你要完成的过程 对吧 |
[19:57] | Am I crazy, or did I see a bunch of beehives on your roof? | 是我疯了 还是你屋顶上真的有一片蜂箱 |
[20:06] | How was your breakfast? | 早餐吃得怎么样 |
[20:08] | I cannot remember the last time | 我已经记不起上次和一个20出头的 |
[20:09] | I was so intimidated by a 20-year-old. | 年轻人这么亲密接触是什么时候了 |
[20:12] | She kept calling my situation unconventional. | 她不停地说我很不走寻常路 |
[20:15] | I’ve had more than one career. | 我从事过不止一种职业 |
[20:16] | I live with my business partner. | 我和我的工作搭档住在一起 |
[20:18] | Conventional is the enemy of interesting. | 寻常是有趣的敌人 |
[20:20] | I don’t think she sees it that way. | 我觉得她不是这个意思 |
[20:22] | Were you jogging? | 你去跑步了吗 |
[20:23] | My PCS may be in remission, | 我的脑震荡后综合征可能快好了 |
[20:24] | but I have no intention of ditching the regimen I adopted | 但我不想抛弃我已经习惯的养生法 |
[20:26] | to treat it. Speaking of which, would it have | 去治疗它 说到这个 |
[20:28] | killed you to change the water in | 我不在的时候 |
[20:30] | my sensory deprivation tank while I was away? | 你给我的感觉剥夺舱缸换换水能死吗 |
[20:32] | Oh, how’d it go with Troy Roselli last night? | 昨晚和特洛伊·罗塞利进展如何 |
[20:34] | – Did he confess? – Only to being | -他认罪了吗 -他只是 |
[20:35] | an accessory to intellectual theft. | 剽窃知识产权贼的帮凶 |
[20:37] | He has an alibi for the night | 劳伦·韦斯勒被杀那晚 |
[20:39] | Lauren Wexler was murdered. | 他有不在场证明 |
[20:41] | So we’re back to square one. | 那我们又回到起点了 |
[20:43] | Hardly. | 也不尽然 |
[20:44] | He thought that in her fervor to build MERMA, | 他认为 以她建造默玛的热情度 |
[20:48] | she stole not only from Pathas | 她不只从派瑟斯盗取了概念 |
[20:50] | but also from inventors all across the globe. | 还盗取了世界各地发明家的研究成果 |
[20:54] | He thought perhaps one of them discovered | 他觉得也许是她在哈德逊河上 |
[20:55] | her betrayal when she began testing | 给她的原型机试航时 |
[20:57] | her prototype in the Hudson River. | 被其中某人发现了 |
[21:00] | She kept a video log. | 她保留了一份视频日志 |
[21:01] | Quite extensive ones. | 挺长的 |
[21:04] | And do they show anyone spying on her? | 里面有拍到谁在监视她吗 |
[21:06] | As it turns out, someone thought | 事实证明 有人觉得 |
[21:09] | she was the one doing the spying. | 她才是监视的那个人 |
[21:12] | How many times I gotta tell you, | 我要跟你说多少次 |
[21:14] | you can’t be here. | 你不能待在这里 |
[21:15] | How far am I from your construction site? | 我现在离你的建筑工地有多远 |
[21:18] | A thousand feet? | 300多米 |
[21:19] | I’m not bothering anyone, | 我没有打扰到任何人 |
[21:20] | and the last time I checked, the Hudson River | 据我了解 哈德逊河 |
[21:22] | was public property. | 是公共财产 |
[21:23] | Then do us both a favor and jump in. | 那帮我们一个忙 你跳下去吧 |
[21:26] | ‘Cause the land you’re standing on is private property. | 因为你站的地方是私有土地 |
[21:28] | Look, every time you come out here, | 听着 每次你来这里 |
[21:29] | my bosses are gonna make me chase you away. | 我的老板们都要我把你赶走 |
[21:31] | – I’m not going anywhere. – Lady… | -我哪里都不会去的 -女士 |
[21:34] | these guys, they don’t mess around. | 这些人 他们不是开玩笑的 |
[21:36] | Okay, next time, they won’t send a guard. | 下次他们就不会再叫保安出来了 |
[21:38] | They’ll send one of their people, | 他们会派一个他们的人 |
[21:39] | and it won’t turn out well for you– trust me. | 对你来说绝不是一件好事 相信我 |
[21:41] | Now, when she continues to ignore him, he goes away. | 而当她继续无视他时 他就离开了 |
[21:46] | But I have a theory as to why his employers were so troubled. | 但我有个理论解释他的雇主们为何如此紧张 |
[21:50] | These are the results of Ms. Wexler’s tests. | 这是韦斯勒女士的检测结果 |
[21:53] | Levels of heavy metals– lead, arsenic, | 重金属含量 铅 砷 |
[21:55] | cadmium, copper– | 镉 铜 |
[21:56] | well above EPA levels. | 都超过了环保署的指标 |
[21:58] | So, you think the people behind the construction site | 所以你觉得这些工地背后的人 |
[22:00] | were dumping waste into the river. | 在往河里倒废料 |
[22:03] | Are you sure these results are accurate? | 你确定这些检测结果准确吗 |
[22:05] | I’m not, so I’m about to bring them | 我不确定 所以我要把它们交给 |
[22:06] | to my Irregular Gay. | 我的非常规同性恋[盖伊] |
[22:08] | That didn’t sound right. | 听起来不大对 |
[22:09] | She’s not my irregular gay. | 她不是我的非常规同性恋 |
[22:10] | Her name is Gay, and she is an Irregular. | 她的名字叫盖伊 她是非常规军 |
[22:13] | I know. I introduced her to you. | 我知道 她是我介绍给你的 |
[22:15] | But this is about water pollution. | 但这是水污染 |
[22:17] | She’s a geologist. | 她是个地质学家 |
[22:18] | But her subspeciality is hydrogeology. | 但她的次要研究方向是水文地质学 |
[22:20] | Now, unfortunately, these videos | 不幸的是 这些视频 |
[22:22] | never captured the site in question | 都没有拍摄到问题工地 |
[22:23] | or any of its signage, so I thought, | 或其标志 所以我想 |
[22:25] | while I’m with Gay, you could visit | 我去找盖伊的时候 你可以去一趟 |
[22:27] | the Dutchess County Department of Buildings and Safety, | 达切斯郡建筑安全局 |
[22:29] | because the site in question would’ve | 因为问题工地应该会 |
[22:30] | had to log paperwork with them. | 在他们那里有备案 |
[22:34] | Let’s see. | 来看看 |
[22:35] | Parcel FN10970-1B, | FN10970-1B包裹 |
[22:41] | lot 993482, | 993482号 |
[22:45] | east bank of the river. | 河东岸 |
[22:47] | Says here that permit was issued to Topaz Valley Industries. | 这里说执照登记在黄玉谷工业公司的名下 |
[22:51] | Any chance I could get a copy? | 我能取一份拷贝吗 |
[22:53] | – Sure. – Thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[22:57] | Did you know that you’re the second person | 你知道你是最近第二个 |
[23:00] | to ask about that parcel recently? | 问起那份包裹的人吗 |
[23:02] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[23:03] | Another woman came in last week. | 上周还有一个女人来过 |
[23:07] | Her name wasn’t Lauren Wexler, by any chance, was it? | 她的名字不会是劳伦·韦斯勒吧 |
[23:10] | Sounds right. | 听起来像 |
[23:11] | But my boss is the one who ended up helping her. | 但最后是我上司帮她的 |
[23:14] | Mr. Pickering? | 皮克令先生 |
[23:17] | Do you remember the woman that came in to ask | 你还记得那个来问 |
[23:19] | about the construction going on by the river? | 河边工地的女人吗 |
[23:21] | Her name was Lauren, right? | 她的名字叫劳伦对吧 |
[23:23] | That’s right. | 对 |
[23:24] | Something I can help you with? | 有什么我可以帮你的吗 |
[23:25] | I work with the police. | 我是跟警方合作的 |
[23:27] | Ms. Wexler was murdered a few days ago. | 韦斯勒女士几天前被杀了 |
[23:29] | – Oh, my. – We think it might have | -天啊 -我们认为这可能 |
[23:31] | something to do with the company that you issued this permit to. | 跟你们颁发许可证的这家企业有关 |
[23:35] | Did she say why | 她有提到 |
[23:36] | she was looking into them? | 她为什么想查他们吗 |
[23:37] | Marjorie, would you mind helping | 玛卓瑞 你介意帮一下 |
[23:39] | this gentleman over here, please? | 那边那位先生吗 |
[23:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:47] | Look, I’ll tell you everything I know, | 我会告诉你我知道的一切 |
[23:48] | but please, you just gotta keep my name out of it. | 但是拜托不要提到我的名字 |
[23:52] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[23:53] | When Ms. Wexler came in, I told her | 那天韦斯勒女士来的时候 我告诉过她 |
[23:55] | she has to be careful. | 她一定要小心 |
[23:57] | Topaz Valley Industries is dangerous. | 黄玉谷工业公司很危险 |
[24:00] | What do you mean? | 此话怎讲 |
[24:01] | Approving construction permits takes time. | 批准施工许可需要时间 |
[24:03] | We were only a few months into our process. | 我们才开始办理几个月 |
[24:05] | I was leaving the office one night, | 有天晚上我正要离开办公室 |
[24:07] | and a man in a ski mask put a gun | 一个戴着滑雪面具的男人 |
[24:10] | to the back of my head. | 用枪抵在我的脑后 |
[24:11] | He told me the permit | 说黄玉谷工业公司的许可证 |
[24:12] | for Topaz Valley had to be issued | 必须要在这周内签发 |
[24:14] | by the end of the week, or he’d be back. | 不然的话他就会回来 |
[24:16] | I came in the next morning, | 我第二天上班的时候 |
[24:18] | and I forced the permit through. | 就强行批准了 |
[24:21] | Look, you work with the police, | 你是跟警方合作的 |
[24:22] | so I probably don’t have to tell you this. | 所以我或许不应该跟你说这些 |
[24:24] | Organized crime and the construction business, | 犯罪集团和建筑业 |
[24:27] | they got a funny way of going together sometimes. | 他们有时会有一些有意思的合作 |
[24:30] | Hey, are you still at Gay’s office? | 你还在盖伊的办公室吗 |
[24:32] | No, I’m at the site where Lauren Wexler | 不 我在劳伦·韦斯勒 |
[24:33] | was testing her MERMA. | 测试默玛的工地 |
[24:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:36] | Gay took one look at the data | 盖伊看了看数据 |
[24:37] | and said she needed to do some on-site testing. | 说她需要一些实地检测 |
[24:39] | Once we’re done, we have to go directly to the precinct. | 我们测好了就直接去分局 |
[24:42] | Even if there are heavy metals in the water, | 即使水里有重金属 |
[24:43] | we can’t prove they came from the construction site. | 我们也不能证明是从工地来的 |
[24:45] | Funny thing about that construction site. | 那工地很奇怪 |
[24:47] | It’s abandoned. | 已经废弃了 |
[24:48] | The work has moved on without building a thing. | 什么都没建造出来就撤了 |
[24:50] | That doesn’t make any sense. I just spoke to someone | 这说不通 我刚跟人谈过 |
[24:52] | who said the people who own the land threatened to kill him | 他说土地所有者还派人威胁要杀他 |
[24:54] | unless he issued a construction permit. | 除非他签发施工许可证 |
[24:56] | Yeah, it was a cover. | 那是个幌子 |
[24:57] | It was a reason for their trucks to be there. | 是为了把他们的卡车停在那儿 |
[24:59] | They never did any construction. | 他们根本没施工 |
[25:01] | Nor did they dump anything in the river. | 也没有往河里倒任何东西 |
[25:02] | In fact, quite the opposite. They took something out. | 正相反 他们从河里拿走了一些东西 |
[25:04] | They were siphoning sand. | 他们从河里提取了沙子 |
[25:06] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[25:07] | I’m talking about one of | 我说的是地球上 |
[25:08] | the most in-demand natural resources on the planet. | 最抢手的一种自然资源 |
[25:11] | Sand is an essential ingredient in concrete, | 沙子对于混凝土 |
[25:14] | detergent, silicon chips, | 洗涤剂 硅晶片都是必不可少的 |
[25:16] | but its supply is finite. | 但市场上的沙子是有限的 |
[25:18] | So those in the business of sand are always looking | 所以身在相关行业的人 |
[25:20] | for new ways and new places to extract it. | 总在寻找新的方法 新的地方来获得沙子 |
[25:23] | You think that’s why Lauren Wexler was killed? | 你觉得劳伦·韦斯勒是因为这个被杀的 |
[25:25] | She figured out what Topaz Valley was doing? | 她发现了黄玉谷工业公司在做什么 |
[25:27] | I do. I also think it’s the reason | 是的 我还觉得如果我们不尽快采取行动 |
[25:29] | that hundreds more might die if we don’t act quickly. | 还会有数百人可能会因此而死 |
[25:31] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:32] | I mean the men who were working here | 从河床提取沙子的人 |
[25:34] | siphoned enough sand from the riverbed | 由于提取过量 |
[25:36] | to destabilize the support piers | 使得我面前这座桥的 |
[25:38] | on the bridge that I’m looking at. | 桥梁支墩变得不稳定了 |
[25:40] | Gay thinks it’s on the verge of collapse. | 盖伊认为它已经在倒塌的边缘了 |
[25:51] | I sure as hell wouldn’t want to drink it, but how does this | 我绝对不会喝它 但这东西 |
[25:53] | prove that Maracott Bridge is about to collapse? | 要如何证明马拉科特大桥将要倒塌 |
[25:56] | That sample, taken today from the water | 那个样品 是今天从桥下获取的 |
[25:58] | beneath the bridge, shows, amongst other things, | 先不说其他的 这个样品显示水里 |
[26:00] | an excess of limestone. | 含有过量的石灰石 |
[26:02] | Why is that important? | 为什么这很重要 |
[26:03] | Because limestone is the material | 因为石灰石 |
[26:05] | which the bridge support pylons are made of. | 是桥梁支墩的主要材料 |
[26:07] | High concentrations of it indicates | 高浓度的石灰石 |
[26:09] | that the support pylons are eroding. | 说明桥梁支墩被侵蚀了 |
[26:11] | Hold up. I thought we were | 等一下 我们不是在说沙子吗 |
[26:12] | talking about sand, not limestone. | 跟石灰石有什么关系 |
[26:15] | We are. The extraction of the sand | 是的 对沙子的提取 |
[26:16] | is what caused the erosion. | 是侵蚀发生的原因 |
[26:18] | Here. I made a model on my computer. | 这里 我在电脑上做了模型 |
[26:21] | I think this will help. | 我觉得应该有帮助 |
[26:25] | Tons of sand got siphoned off the east bank here, | 东岸被提取了大量沙子 |
[26:29] | reducing its size. | 导致河岸面积减少 |
[26:31] | Now, that, in turn, made the river wider, | 但反过来 也让河流变宽了 |
[26:33] | which means more and more water is flowing | 这说明越来越多的河水 |
[26:35] | through this part of it at faster speeds. | 正在快速流经这个地方 |
[26:37] | Now, if the guys doing the siphoning | 如果提取沙子的人 |
[26:39] | had just stopped there, | 就此停手 |
[26:40] | maybe we’re not having this conversation, | 那我们现在的对话可能就不会发生了 |
[26:42] | but if I’m right, they got greedy. | 但如果我是对的 他们变得贪婪了 |
[26:45] | They started using hoses | 他们开始使用管道 |
[26:46] | to extract sand from the bottom of the river, too. | 来提取河底的沙子 |
[26:48] | That’s why the woman who was murdered | 所以那个被杀的女士 |
[26:50] | found such high concentrations of heavy metals. | 在水里发现了高浓度的重金属 |
[26:53] | Sand acts as a natural barrier | 沙子是地壳 |
[26:55] | against heavy metals in the earth’s crust. | 抵抗重金属的天然屏障 |
[26:58] | You remove the sand, and… | 你拿走沙子 那么 |
[26:59] | You get more of them seeping into the water. | 重金属就会快速渗进水中 |
[27:01] | Meanwhile, the sand protecting this limestone pylon is gone, | 同时 保护石灰石支墩的沙子没有了 |
[27:06] | and the water moving past it is going faster and faster. | 流过这里的河水速度越来越快 |
[27:09] | Eventually, gravity takes over, and then… | 最终 地心引力发生作用 然后 |
[27:15] | Hmm. I’ll call the state police | 我马上通知州警 |
[27:16] | and the Department of Transportation | 和交通部门 |
[27:17] | and get them on this right away. | 让他们立刻行动起来 |
[27:19] | In the meantime, I’d like to get someone | 同时 带黄玉谷工业公司的人 |
[27:21] | from Topaz Valley Industries in here. | 来局里问话 |
[27:23] | That’s easier said than done. | 说起来容易 |
[27:24] | It’s a shell corporation. | 那是个空壳公司 |
[27:26] | The man I spoke to at | 达奇斯县建筑与安全部 |
[27:27] | the Department of Building and Safety in Dutchess County | 跟我谈话的人 |
[27:29] | thought it was a front for organized crime. | 认为那是为了给犯罪集团打掩护 |
[27:32] | I suspected as much. | 我也这么认为 |
[27:33] | More specifically, I suspected an Indian group– | 更具体点 我怀疑一个印度集团 |
[27:35] | recently expanded their operations stateside. | 最近正在美国境内扩展势力 |
[27:38] | The Sand Mafia. | 沙子黑手党 |
[27:40] | The Sand Mafia? | 沙子黑手党 |
[27:41] | That’s seriously what they call themselves? | 这真是他们给自己起的名字吗 |
[27:43] | It’s a name they were given | 他们在印度被这么称呼 |
[27:44] | in India, where their activities | 因为他们近些年在印度 |
[27:46] | have resulted in hundreds of murders in recent years. | 犯下了数百起谋杀案 |
[27:48] | Now, they’re made up of many different factions, | 跟美国黑帮不同 |
[27:50] | not unlike the American Mob, but only one of those factions | 他们由很多派别组成 |
[27:53] | has a representative here in New York. | 但只有一个帮派在纽约有个代表 |
[27:58] | You think this is the guy who killed Lauren Wexler? | 你认为这个人杀了劳伦·韦斯勒 |
[28:00] | His name is Vikrant Jindal. | 他的名字是维克兰特·金达尔 |
[28:02] | Now, I doubt that he did the deed himself. | 我觉得他不是亲自动的手 |
[28:04] | In India, he was notorious for a very particular | 在印度 他因为独特的杀人方法 |
[28:06] | method of murder. | 而臭名昭著 |
[28:09] | – Are those drill holes? – Yeah. | -那是钻孔吗 -是 |
[28:11] | From his signature tool, a power drill. | 那是他作案的标志工具 电钻 |
[28:13] | Now, lucky for us, | 幸运的是 |
[28:14] | Mr. Jindal is also particular about his eating habits. | 金达尔先生对于饮食也很挑剔 |
[28:17] | I have it on good authority that he eats lunch | 我有可靠的消息来源 |
[28:19] | every single day at his brother’s restaurant. | 说他每天都会在他兄弟的餐馆吃饭 |
[28:21] | So… | 所以 |
[28:22] | you fancy a curry? | 你们想吃咖喱吗 |
[28:29] | Mr. Jindal, enjoying your aloo matar, I hope, | 金达尔先生 咖哩土豆烩青豆应该很好吃吧 |
[28:32] | lest the chef’s skull | 否则主厨的头盖骨 |
[28:33] | soon resemble a colander. | 应该已经变成筛子了吧 |
[28:36] | Before you sic your henchmen on us, | 在你让手下动手前 |
[28:37] | let me introduce my colleagues. | 请容我介绍我的同事 |
[28:38] | This is Detective Bell. | 这是贝尔警探 |
[28:40] | This is Joan Watson. | 这是乔恩·华生 |
[28:41] | My name’s Sherlock Holmes. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[28:43] | We were hoping that you might discuss | 我们希望你能谈谈 |
[28:45] | the murder of Lauren Wexler with us. | 劳伦·韦斯勒被杀一事 |
[28:48] | Am I supposed to know that name? | 我应该知道这个名字吗 |
[28:50] | She spent a lot of time | 她花了很多时间 |
[28:51] | around your construction site near the Maracott Bridge. | 在你马拉科特大桥的工地附近 |
[28:54] | We think she realized that all the sand removal you were doing | 我们认为她可能发现你做的除沙工程 |
[28:57] | was gonna bring the bridge down, | 最终会毁掉大桥 |
[28:59] | so you had her killed. | 所以你派人杀了她 |
[29:01] | Sorry, I don’t know this woman. | 抱歉 我不认识这个女人 |
[29:04] | And none of the work we did would have affected that bridge. | 而且我们做的工作对大桥也没有影响 |
[29:07] | Just like the work | 就像你的组织 |
[29:08] | your organization did in New Delhi last year | 前年在新德里的工程 |
[29:10] | didn’t affect this bridge. | 也没有影响这座桥一样吗 |
[29:16] | This is New York, not New Delhi. | 这里是纽约 不是新德里 |
[29:18] | We would never allow something like that to happen here. | 我们绝不会让那种事发生在这里 |
[29:21] | Is that supposed to mean that you value American lives | 这意思是你把美国人的命 |
[29:23] | more than you value Indian ones? | 看得比印度人的命更重吗 |
[29:25] | What I value is the American dollar. | 我看重的是美元 |
[29:28] | There are more regulations here and more risk of lawsuits. | 这里的规定更多 吃官司的风险也更大 |
[29:31] | We tread more carefully in this country. | 在这个国家我们更小心谨慎 |
[29:33] | Now, before we bought the land | 在我们买下 |
[29:35] | that you’re referring to, | 你提到的那片土地之前 |
[29:36] | we agreed to pay for impact testing, | 我们同意付钱做冲击测试 |
[29:38] | performed by the Department of Building and Safety | 是达奇斯县的建筑与安全局 |
[29:41] | in Dutchess County. | 进行的测试 |
[29:43] | We told them | 我们跟他们说了 |
[29:44] | we were going to extract the sand, | 我们会提取沙子 |
[29:46] | and we were given a report that guaranteed us | 而我们收到报告 向我们保证 |
[29:49] | there wasn’t going to be any danger to the bridge. | 不会对大桥造成任何影响 |
[29:52] | I was at that department this morning. | 我今早就在局里 |
[29:53] | There were no such reports issued. | 没有报告提到过这种事 |
[29:55] | Then you didn’t look hard enough. | 那说明你看得不够仔细 |
[29:56] | Give my men | 给我的人 |
[29:57] | your e-mail addresses. | 你的电子邮件地址 |
[29:59] | You’ll have copies from my attorney within the hour. | 你会在一小时内收到我律师发的复印件 |
[30:06] | How’d it go with Dr. Hanson? | 汉森医生怎么说 |
[30:08] | He agrees I’m much improved | 他认同我在休息了几个月后 |
[30:09] | after taking the last few months off, | 整体有不少好转 |
[30:11] | although he insists I remain vigilant. | 但他坚持让我保持警惕 |
[30:13] | Most of my hobbies remain off the menu, | 我大部分爱好依然被禁止 |
[30:15] | including some sex acts. | 包括一些性爱行为 |
[30:17] | Is that the paperwork from Vikrant Jindal’s attorney? | 这是维克兰特·金达尔律师发来的文件吗 |
[30:19] | Yeah, he e-mailed a zip file | 是的 他发来了一个压缩文件 |
[30:21] | right after you left for your appointment. | 就在你去赴约之后 |
[30:23] | – And? – It’s like he said. | -然后呢 -就像他说的 |
[30:24] | He told Dutchess County they were going to extract the sand. | 他告诉了达奇斯县他们要提取沙子 |
[30:27] | Could be a forgery. | 也许是伪造的 |
[30:28] | I don’t know. Looks legit. | 我不知道 看起来没问题 |
[30:29] | But I am going to go to the Building | 不过我明天要去一趟 |
[30:30] | and Safety Department tomorrow to make sure. | 建筑与安全局 再次确认下 |
[30:32] | In the meantime, I sent a copy to Gay. | 我还发给了盖伊一份复印件 |
[30:34] | She took one look, and she said the inspector | 她看了一眼 说那个检查员 |
[30:36] | who allegedly signed off on all this work, a Romeo Garza, | 据说是签了这里所有文件的罗密欧·加尔萨 |
[30:40] | was either terminally stupid | 要么就是极度的愚蠢 |
[30:42] | or he wanted that bridge to come down. | 要么就是他想让大桥倒塌 |
[30:44] | And why would he want that? | 他为什么会想要那样 |
[30:46] | I don’t know. Maybe he’s a very patient terrorist. | 不知道 也许他是个很有耐心的恐怖分子 |
[30:49] | Until we can get in a room with him, | 在能与他同处一屋审讯之前 |
[30:50] | I’m gonna assume that Jindal’s men | 我会先假设是金达尔的手下 |
[30:51] | forced him to write that report | 强迫他签署的报告 |
[30:53] | just like they forced his boss | 就像他们强迫他老板 |
[30:54] | to approve that permit. | 签发许可一样 |
[30:56] | Marcus went to pick him up a little while ago. | 马库斯不久前去接他了 |
[30:57] | He’s gonna call us when they’re both at the precinct. | 等他们到了局里会给我们打电话 |
[30:59] | Is that Kelsey downstairs, is it? | 楼下那是凯尔西吗 |
[31:01] | Yeah, she said she had midterms. | 是的 她说要进行期中考试 |
[31:02] | She wanted a quiet place to study. | 她想要一个安静的地方学习 |
[31:04] | Either that, or she’s already decided | 要么是这样 要么就是她已经认为 |
[31:05] | I would make a terrible mother | 我会成为一个糟糕的母亲了 |
[31:07] | and she does not want to look me in the eye again | 所以她不想在明天离开之前 |
[31:08] | before she leaves tomorrow. | 再看到我的脸 |
[31:11] | I’ll try not to disturb her when I make my supper. | 我做晚饭的时候会尽量不打扰到她 |
[31:18] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[31:19] | Hi. | 你好 |
[31:26] | Do you need me to study someplace else or…? | 你想让我去别的地方学习吗 还是… |
[31:28] | No. | 不 |
[31:29] | I was, uh, hoping we might talk. | 我是想跟你谈谈 |
[31:33] | Sure. | 当然 |
[31:42] | Watson was saying that you might have some concerns | 华生说你或许对我们的生活安排 |
[31:45] | about our living arrangement, so, uh, | 有那么一些担忧 所以… |
[31:48] | I was thinking perhaps I could allay them. | 我是想来安抚你一下 |
[31:52] | I wouldn’t say I have concerns. | 我不能说是担忧 |
[31:54] | It’s just… A lot to think about. | 只是 有很多要考虑的 |
[31:58] | So that’s what I’m doing– I’m thinking about it. | 所以这就是我在做的 我在考虑 |
[32:00] | She told me that you were aware of my-my personal history. | 她说你了解我的个人历史 |
[32:03] | You know I’m a recovering addict. | 你知道我是个恢复中的吸毒者 |
[32:06] | Doesn’t concern you? | 这会让你担心吗 |
[32:07] | Should it? | 我该担心吗 |
[32:09] | I want you to know that… | 我想让你知道 |
[32:12] | if you deem Watson the best candidate to raise your child, | 如果你觉得华生是抚养你孩子的最佳候选人 |
[32:15] | and if you decide to give her that gift, | 如果你决定给她这个礼物 |
[32:18] | I could leave. | 我可以离开 |
[32:20] | Wait, what do you mean, you could leave? | 等等 你说你可以离开是什么意思 |
[32:21] | I mean I could go away. | 我是说我可以走 |
[32:23] | We wouldn’t have to share a home. | 我们不需要共住一屋 |
[32:26] | I know for a fact that’s not what she wants. | 我很清楚这不是她想要的 |
[32:29] | You know, what we want and what we need | 你知道 我们想要的和我们需要的 |
[32:30] | are very often mutually exclusive. | 经常会互相排斥 |
[32:33] | You think Joan needs to be a mom? | 你觉得乔恩需要成为母亲吗 |
[32:36] | I think that when she told me of her plan the other day, | 我觉得她那天告诉我她的计划时 |
[32:39] | I was very surprised. | 我很意外 |
[32:43] | But when you know her as well as I do, | 但当你像我这么了解她之后 |
[32:46] | it makes sense her being a parent. | 她成为人母是很正常的事 |
[32:50] | The child that she raises will be very, very lucky. | 被她抚养大的孩子将会非常幸运 |
[32:54] | So, you think she could do it? Be a mom? | 所以你认为她能做好 做个妈妈 |
[32:58] | I think she could do anything. | 我认为她任何事都能做好 |
[33:09] | Something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[33:12] | No, um, just a… | 不 只是… |
[33:14] | a colleague of ours was supposed to find a suspect. | 我的同事本该去找一个嫌疑犯 |
[33:18] | And he couldn’t find him? | 他没找到他吗 |
[33:19] | He could. | 找到了 |
[33:21] | Just not in the, uh, condition that we anticipated. | 只是情况有些出乎意料 |
[33:26] | I count at least five drill holes, | 至少有五个钻孔 |
[33:29] | just like that picture you showed us at the precinct. | 跟你在警局给我看的照片一样 |
[33:31] | Vikrant Jindal might as well have signed his name. | 维克兰特·金达尔还能再明显一点吗 |
[33:35] | Romeo Garza had to have been | 罗密欧·加尔萨肯定与 |
[33:37] | in cahoots with the Sand Mafia, right? | 沙子黑手党勾结了 是吧 |
[33:39] | Jindal killed him ’cause he was a loose end. | 金尔达杀了他因为他是个不稳定因素 |
[33:42] | Yeah, that’s… | 是的 这正是… |
[33:43] | precisely what we’re meant to believe. | 我们应该相信的故事版本 |
[33:46] | “Meant to”? | “应该” |
[33:47] | Vikrant Jindal may be as large an odorous piece | 维克兰特·金达尔也许是我见过的 |
[33:49] | of human excrement as I’ve ever encountered, | 最无耻的跟屎一样的烂人 |
[33:51] | but I can tell you with virtual certainty | 但我可以肯定地告诉你 |
[33:53] | he didn’t kill this man. | 他没有杀这个人 |
[33:55] | He’s being framed. | 他被陷害了 |
[34:05] | This fits Vikrant Jindal’s M.O. to a T. | 这跟维克兰特·金达尔的作案手法非常一致 |
[34:07] | – What makes you think he didn’t do it? – His love of cows. | -你为什么认为不是他 -他对牛的热爱 |
[34:10] | When I visited Jindal at his brother’s restaurant, | 我去他兄弟的餐馆找他时 |
[34:13] | there was a Vaishnava puja shrine. | 那里有一个毗湿奴派礼拜神殿 |
[34:15] | Vaishnava is a particularly devout Hindu sect | 毗湿奴派是印度教派中 |
[34:18] | that hold cows to be sacred. | 对牛极其崇拜的一支 |
[34:20] | Also of note, neither Jindal | 另外我注意到 |
[34:21] | nor any of his associates | 金达尔或他的同伙 |
[34:23] | wore leather shoes or belts. | 都不穿皮鞋或佩戴皮带 |
[34:25] | And beef was conspicuously absent from the menu. | 餐馆中的菜单上也没有牛肉 |
[34:28] | Okay, but the killer didn’t drill holes in a Guernsey. | 好吧 但凶手可没在根西牛身上钻孔 |
[34:30] | He did it to a person. | 而是在一个人身上钻孔了 |
[34:31] | A person whose wrists were first bound… | 一个手腕被绑住的人 |
[34:36] | with a leather belt. | 用的是皮带 |
[34:38] | A devout Vaishnava would never even touch such an item. | 一个虔诚的毗湿奴教徒绝不会碰这种东西 |
[34:41] | Back in India, | 在印度时 |
[34:42] | Jindal always used rope | 金达尔一直使用绳索 |
[34:44] | or fabric to tie his victim’s wrists. | 或者布料来绑住受害者的手腕 |
[34:46] | All right, maybe he went with something that was on hand. | 好吧 可能他就是用了手边的东西 |
[34:50] | Maybe one of the victim’s belts. | 比如说受害者的皮带 |
[34:51] | A possibility I considered until I looked at the size. | 我考虑过 直到我看到皮带的尺寸 |
[34:54] | It’s too large to have belonged to Mr. Garza. | 这条皮带对于加尔萨先生来说太大了 |
[34:57] | I think the killer brought it with him | 我认为凶手是带着皮带来的 |
[34:58] | as he did the drill for his skull. | 还有他行凶用的钻头 |
[34:59] | Okay, say you’re right. | 假设你是对的 |
[35:00] | Where does this leave us? | 那现在是什么情况 |
[35:02] | Jindal’s attorney sent us paperwork | 金达尔的律师给我们发了一些文件 |
[35:03] | that seems to support his story. | 看上去能证实他的说法 |
[35:06] | Topaz Valley Industries | 黄玉谷工业公司 |
[35:07] | asked for and received a permit to extract the sand | 申请并获得了在马拉科特大桥附近 |
[35:10] | in the vicinity of the Maracott Bridge. | 挖掘沙子的许可证 |
[35:12] | However, when I compared them to samples of handwriting | 但是 当我对比了 |
[35:14] | found at Mr. Garza’s home, it was obvious | 在加尔萨先生家中找到的笔迹后 |
[35:17] | they were not a match for the signatures that we received on the paper. | 很明显与我们收到的许可证上的笔迹不一致 |
[35:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:22] | So the Sand Mafia forged the paperwork. | 所以沙子黑手党伪造了文件 |
[35:24] | Well, that’s another possibility, | 也有这个可能 |
[35:26] | but why would they kill someone so brazenly? | 可他们为何如此明目张胆的杀人 |
[35:27] | Why not just dispose of the body where we would never find it? | 为何不直接抛尸到我们永远找不到的地方 |
[35:30] | Okay, say you’re right. | 假设你是对的 |
[35:31] | The Sand Mafia didn’t forge the paperwork, | 沙子黑手党没有伪造文件 |
[35:33] | and they didn’t kill Romeo Garza. | 他们也没有谋杀罗密欧·加尔萨 |
[35:35] | Who did? | 那是谁干的 |
[35:36] | And why did they want Topaz Valley to think their sand mining | 还有他们为什么希望黄玉谷公司认为 |
[35:39] | wouldn’t affect the Maracott Bridge? | 自己的采沙行为不会影响马拉科特大桥 |
[35:45] | What? | 你想到什么了 |
[35:46] | If the Sand Mafia didn’t kill this man | 如果沙子黑手党没有谋杀这个人 |
[35:48] | and they didn’t forge the signatures, | 也没有伪造签名 |
[35:50] | what else didn’t they do? | 还有什么别的事情他们没有做 |
[35:53] | This is horrible. | 这太可怕了 |
[35:54] | Romeo was a wonderful man. | 罗密欧是个很好的人 |
[35:56] | You say this is connected to the work done by Topaz Valley Industries. | 你们说这个与黄玉谷工业公司有关 |
[36:00] | You think it might be the same man | 你们认为可能是同一个人 |
[36:02] | that threatened to kill me if I didn’t approve their permit? | 威胁我让我通过他们的许可证 |
[36:05] | We would have thought it was the same man… | 我们本会认为是同一个人 |
[36:07] | if that man actually existed. | 如果那个人真的存在的话 |
[36:09] | What? | 什么 |
[36:11] | Last night, after Mr. Garza was killed, | 昨晚 在加尔萨先生遇害后 |
[36:12] | it seemed easier to come up with reasons that | 我们不难想到 |
[36:15] | the people behind Topaz Valley Industries wouldn’t have done it | 黄玉谷工业公司背后的人 |
[36:18] | than reasons that they would. | 不杀他比杀他更有理由 |
[36:19] | I wondered, if they didn’t forge his signature | 我在想 如果他们没有 |
[36:21] | on the report that we received | 伪造文件上的签名 |
[36:22] | and they didn’t murder him, | 也没有谋杀他 |
[36:24] | perhaps, despite the story that you told my partner, | 那么 尽管你跟我的搭档是那么说的 |
[36:27] | they didn’t put a gun to your head, either. | 但他们也许并没有拿枪威胁过你 |
[36:28] | Why would I make up something like that? | 我为什么要编造那种事 |
[36:30] | Probably because you didn’t want us to realize | 也许你不想让我们发现 |
[36:32] | how many different crimes you had committed. | 你犯下的其他案子 |
[36:35] | Let’s start with the first. | 从头说起吧 |
[36:36] | We talked to some of your colleagues | 今天早些时候 |
[36:37] | at, uh, your company this morning, | 我们跟你的一些同事聊了聊 |
[36:39] | and they shared with us a rumor that you get kickbacks | 他们告诉我们 |
[36:42] | from a company called Siwanoy Concrete. | 你在从西瓦诺混凝土公司拿回扣 |
[36:45] | What? | 什么 |
[36:46] | I thought it was strange how often you accepted Siwanoy’s bids | 我之前就奇怪你接了这么多 |
[36:48] | for construction jobs around the county, | 西瓦诺的建筑订单 |
[36:50] | especially when there were competing bids that were lower. | 尤其是他们的竞标价有时候明明更低 |
[36:55] | One wonders | 有人会好奇 |
[36:56] | how much of a windfall you would receive | 塌桥改造的工程 |
[36:57] | for the reconstruction of a collapsed bridge. | 能让你从中捞到多少好处 |
[36:59] | Now, hold on just a second here. | 等一下 |
[37:01] | We think that when you received the permit request | 我们认为当你收到黄玉谷工业公司的 |
[37:04] | from Topaz Valley | 许可请求 |
[37:05] | to siphon sand near the Maracott Bridge, | 要在马拉科特大桥附近采沙时 |
[37:07] | you looked into them. | 你查了他们 |
[37:08] | Eventually, you realized that it was a front | 最终 你意识到那是为了 |
[37:10] | for Vikrant Jindal and his men. | 给维克兰特·金达尔和他的人打掩护 |
[37:12] | More importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[37:13] | you realized that if they actually carried out the work | 你发现如果他们真的开始进行 |
[37:15] | they were proposing, | 他们请求的工程 |
[37:16] | there was an excellent chance that over time | 那么很有可能假以时日 |
[37:18] | that bridge would collapse. | 那桥会坍塌 |
[37:21] | So you forged a report saying the exact opposite, | 所以你伪造了一份报告提出了相反建议 |
[37:23] | and then you signed Romeo’s name to it. | 然后你签上了罗密欧的名字 |
[37:25] | Lauren Wexler realized the bridge was in danger, right? | 劳伦·韦斯勒意识到那桥有危险了 对吗 |
[37:28] | That day she came to your offices, | 那天她去你办公室 |
[37:30] | she tried to warn you, so you killed her. | 是想警告你 于是你杀了她 |
[37:32] | You knew that if we talked to Vikrant Jindal, | 你知道如果我们找维克兰特·金达尔谈过 |
[37:35] | he would give us the report that had Romeo’s name on it. | 他会给我们那份有罗密欧签名的报告 |
[37:38] | Then Romeo would tell us that he didn’t write a word of it. | 那么罗密欧就会告诉我们他没签过 |
[37:42] | So you killed him, too. | 于是你把他也杀了 |
[37:43] | Made it look like it was Jindal’s people | 让现场看起来像是金达尔的人干的 |
[37:44] | so we would go after them and not you. | 这样我们就会去找他 而不是你 |
[37:47] | I think I’d like to talk to my lawyer now. | 我现在想见我的律师了 |
[37:50] | Sure. No problem. | 当然 没问题 |
[37:52] | When he gets here, we can show him this. | 等他来了 我们可以给他看这个 |
[37:55] | A warrant to search your car. | 搜你车的搜查令 |
[37:58] | We’re especially interested in your seat belts. | 我们对你的安全带尤其有兴趣 |
[38:00] | We know that Lauren Wexler was strangled with one | 我们知道劳伦·韦斯勒是被一条 |
[38:02] | from a late-model Japanese sedan. | 新型日本车的安全带勒死的 |
[38:04] | You drive a 2014 Nissan Altima, don’t you? | 你开的是2014款的尼桑阿蒂玛 对吧 |
[38:08] | We appreciate you driving it here, by the way. | 对了 很感谢你把它开了过来 |
[38:10] | Saved CSU a lot of time. | 帮鉴证组省了不少时间 |
[38:11] | By now, they’ve probably | 这会他们可能 |
[38:13] | finished taking swabs for Ms. Wexler’s | 已经采集完韦斯勒女士的 |
[38:16] | skin cells and saliva. | 皮肤和唾液样本了 |
[38:18] | Detective Bell is going to read you your rights now. | 贝尔警探现在会宣读你的权力 |
[38:25] | Kelsey, your rideshare is here. | 凯尔希 你的顺风车来了 |
[38:27] | Be right down. | 马上下来 |
[38:31] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[38:35] | Yeah, it’s just hormones. | 没事 荷尔蒙作祟而已 |
[38:38] | Here you go. | 来 |
[38:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:44] | I’m sorry. Uh, that was a lie. | 抱歉 我骗了你 |
[38:47] | I can’t give you my baby. | 我不能把宝宝给你 |
[38:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:53] | I mean, I knew there were no guarantees. | 我早就清楚这事说不准 |
[38:55] | You’re meeting with other parents. | 你还在跟其他家长见面 |
[38:56] | Maybe you’ll find the right match. | 也许能找到更合适的 |
[38:57] | No, no. I-I’m sorry. | 不 对不起 |
[38:58] | It’s just… I should have been more clear. | 只是…我该说得更清楚的 |
[39:01] | I can’t give you my baby, because… | 我不能把宝宝给你 是因为… |
[39:05] | I’m keeping it. | 我要留下他 |
[39:08] | I’m not visiting with any other parents. | 我没有跟其他家长见面 |
[39:11] | I’m going back to Philadelphia. | 我会回费城 |
[39:17] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[39:18] | Come here. Sit down. | 来 坐 |
[39:19] | I-I’ll cancel your ride. | 我先取消你的车 |
[39:27] | I’m sorry. I know this is crazy. | 抱歉 我知道这很疯狂 |
[39:31] | No, it is not crazy. | 不 这不疯狂 |
[39:33] | It’s your baby. | 那是你的宝宝 |
[39:38] | You know this is all your fault, right? | 你知道这都是你的错吧 |
[39:42] | I’ve never met anyone like you. | 我从没见过像你这样的人 |
[39:44] | Like, it’s inspiring. | 你很能激励人 |
[39:50] | Until I got pregnant, | 在我怀孕之前 |
[39:53] | I could have told you exactly what the next 20 years | 我本可以告诉你 我人生接下来20年 |
[39:56] | of my life looked like. | 会是什么样的 |
[39:59] | You know, like, I was on a track. | 感觉我本来在一条既定的道路上 |
[40:01] | Then I peed on a stick one morning, | 然后某天早上我在一根塑料棒上尿了尿 |
[40:04] | and all of a sudden, | 突然间 |
[40:06] | I wasn’t just off the track. | 我就脱离轨道了 |
[40:08] | I mean, the track was gone. | 那条既定的道路不见了 |
[40:11] | And giving up the baby was supposed to fix all of that. | 放弃宝宝本该能解决一切问题 |
[40:16] | Then I spent a couple of days here with you, and… | 然后我在这里跟你待了几天 |
[40:22] | I don’t know, it got me thinking, | 我说不好 让我开始思考 |
[40:25] | “Why can’t I do everything I ever wanted | 我为什么不能做自己想做的事 |
[40:27] | and be a mom?” | 同时又做个妈妈 |
[40:31] | It-it sounds so lame when I say it. | 我这么说出来听起来真逊 |
[40:35] | But then Sherlock came to talk to me last night, | 但昨晚夏洛克跟我谈了谈 |
[40:39] | and he told me that you can do anything. | 他说你可以做成任何事 |
[40:42] | And I believe him. | 我相信他 |
[40:46] | I don’t know, I guess I just want people | 我说不好 可能我只是希望 |
[40:48] | to say the same thing about me. | 别人也能对我有这种评价吧 |
[40:52] | I want my son to be able to say it. | 我想让我的儿子能说出这种话 |
[40:59] | He’s kicking. | 他在踢我 |
[41:03] | He’s probably saying, | 他可能在说 |
[41:04] | “You’re crazy. Let me stay here with Joan”” | “你疯了 让我跟乔恩待在一起” |
[41:08] | No. | 不 |
[41:12] | He’s probably just really happy. | 他可能只是真的很开心 |
[41:17] | You should be, too. | 你也应该开心 |
[41:22] | Do you want to feel it? | 你想感受一下吗 |
[41:35] | I’ve never understood | 我从来就没明白 |
[41:36] | the idea that a sad motion picture | 悲伤的电影 |
[41:37] | could be helpful to a sad person. | 怎么能帮到悲伤的人 |
[41:40] | You don’t have to understand it. | 你不需要明白 |
[41:41] | You just have to watch it. | 看就行了 |
[41:44] | She isn’t wrong, you know. | 她没说错 |
[41:46] | Kelsey. | 凯尔希 |
[41:50] | You are inspiring. | 你很能激励人 |
[41:54] | To the right person. | 对正确的人来说 |
[41:56] | I guess I’ll have to work on that. | 看来我得改改了 |