时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I’m your therapist, Joan. | 我是你的心理医生 乔恩 |
[00:04] | My confidentiality protects your confidentiality. | 我的保密性会保证你的隐私不外泄 |
[00:07] | I have something called post-concussion syndrome. | 我得了脑震荡后综合征 |
[00:10] | The doctor is loathe to make any promises. | 医生无法作出任何承诺 |
[00:13] | Things could get worse before they get better. | 在情况好转之前可能会变得更糟 |
[00:14] | Hey, uh, my name’s Michael. | 你好 我叫迈克 |
[00:16] | A man approached me at a meeting yesterday. | 昨天在互助会上一个男人找上了我 |
[00:18] | Apparently, I-I helped him once when I described | 显然 我曾描述过我的工作是 |
[00:20] | how integral my work was to maintaining my sobriety. | 如何让我保持清醒的 那对他有所帮助 |
[00:23] | There’s this girl I know from the program. | 我在项目中认识了一个女孩 |
[00:25] | Last Tuesday, she didn’t show up to the 7:00 p.m. at St. Olaf’s. | 上周二 圣奥拉夫晚上七点的会她没出现 |
[00:29] | I reach out to her sponsor, and it turns out | 我联系了她的担保人 发现 |
[00:32] | she hadn’t even shown up to work. | 她也没去上班 |
[00:33] | I don’t know. I’m just worried about her. | 我说不好 我只是很担心她 |
[00:51] | Lock! | 夏洛克 |
[01:09] | 8:00 already? | 已经八点了吗 |
[01:10] | Actually, it’s 8:30. | 其实已经八点半了 |
[01:12] | You looked so peaceful in there, | 你在里面看着很平静 |
[01:13] | I thought I’d give you another 30 minutes. | 我想着再给你30分钟 |
[01:15] | So, what’s the verdict? | 结论是什么 |
[01:17] | Did it help? | 有帮助吗 |
[01:18] | I feel refreshed, reinvigorated. | 我觉得恢复了 振奋了 |
[01:21] | And I’m a little bit pruney. | 我皮肤有些泡皱了 |
[01:23] | But the headache I felt coming on has evaporated. | 但我之前的头疼消失了 |
[01:26] | Oh. Well, imagine how you would feel | 想象下你如果你买的是 |
[01:27] | if you bought a sensory deprivation tank | 本世纪制造的感觉剥夺舱 |
[01:30] | made in this century. | 会有什么感觉 |
[01:31] | The Victorians knew their spas, Watson. | 维多利亚时代的人很懂他们的水疗 华生 |
[01:34] | Yeah, well, they also paid money to watch men box kangaroos. | 他们也花钱看男人跟袋鼠拳击 |
[01:37] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[01:40] | Is that the girl that Michael asked you to look for? | 这是迈克让你找的那个女孩吗 |
[01:43] | Yeah. Polly Kenner. | 是的 波莉·肯纳 |
[01:46] | Dropped off the map several weeks ago. | 几周前消失了 |
[01:48] | But according to her family, she’s quite prone to disappearing. | 但按她家人所说 她经常消失 |
[01:50] | Heroin addict. | 海洛因毒瘾 |
[01:52] | Chronic relapses since she started the program. | 自从她开始戒毒 毒瘾经常慢性复发 |
[01:55] | In the past, when she’s fallen off the wagon, | 过去 她如果再次吸毒 |
[01:56] | she’s felt ashamed. | 她会觉得羞愧 |
[01:57] | And then when she’s felt ashamed… | 而当她觉得羞愧 |
[01:59] | She’s run away. | 她就会逃跑 |
[02:01] | Speaking of Michael, when are you going | 说到迈克 你打算 |
[02:02] | to introduce me to him? | 什么时候向他介绍我 |
[02:04] | You’re asking as if he and I were a couple. | 你这话问得好像我跟他是一对似的 |
[02:06] | We’re fellows in a recovery program. | 我们是一个复健项目的同伴 |
[02:09] | Well, it would be nice to put a face to the name. | 如果能把他的名字跟脸对上号就好了 |
[02:12] | He’s out of town on business at the moment. | 他现在去城外出差了 |
[02:14] | If you like, you can join me when I deliver | 如果你想 你可以等他回来后 |
[02:16] | a progress report when he gets back. | 去听我汇报我的进展 |
[02:18] | Hopefully today’s investigative efforts will bear more fruit. | 希望今天的调查结果能更有成效 |
[02:23] | Actually, you’re wanted on another case. | 其实 另一个案子也需要你 |
[02:26] | We both are. | 需要我们俩 |
[02:28] | Victim’s a therapist. | 受害人是个心理医生 |
[02:29] | Cleaning lady found the body a few hours ago. | 清洁工几个小时前发现的尸体 |
[02:32] | Assuming she’s finally stopped screaming, | 我想她应该终于止住尖叫了 |
[02:34] | she’s at the precinct giving a statement right now. | 她正在警局录证词 |
[02:37] | So what’s 91% of 4.7 liters? | 4.7升的91%是多少 |
[02:39] | Is it 4.1 or 4.3? | 是4.1还是4.3 |
[02:42] | I’m just trying to estimate how much of the victim’s | 我只是想估算一下能看到的 |
[02:44] | total blood volume is on display. | 被害人的总出血量 |
[02:47] | Over 50 stab wounds’ worth, | 有超过50处的刺伤 |
[02:49] | based on a preliminary count. | 根据初步计算 |
[02:50] | – I don’t see a knife. – Hasn’t turned up yet. | -我没看到有刀 -还没找到刀 |
[02:53] | We think the killer took it with him when he left. | 我们觉得凶手离开时把刀一并带走了 |
[02:56] | Any sign of a break-in? | 有任何闯入的迹象吗 |
[02:58] | No. To get into the building, | 没有 要想进这栋楼 |
[02:59] | you got to punch in a code. | 你需要输入一段密码 |
[03:00] | The killer either knew it or slipped in with someone who did. | 凶手要么知道密码 要么是跟在别人后面进来的 |
[03:03] | Before you ask about security cameras, | 在你问监控录像前我想说 |
[03:05] | this place doesn’t have any. | 这地方没有监控 |
[03:06] | The doctors here need to protect patient confidentiality. | 这里的医生需要保护病人的隐私 |
[03:09] | We got to figure the killer brought the knife, right? | 我们得认为刀是凶手带来的 对吧 |
[03:12] | I mean, could be premeditated, | 可能是有预谋的 |
[03:13] | but the murder itself seems frenzied, | 但这个案子本身看着有些狂乱 |
[03:15] | like whoever did it was in a rage. | 像是在怒火中下了杀手 |
[03:17] | So we could be looking for an unstable, violent individual | 所以我们要找一个不稳定的有暴力倾向的人 |
[03:20] | who was fixated on the victim, | 且对受害人 心理医生 |
[03:22] | a psychiatrist. | 很执着 |
[03:24] | I would remind everyone that the majority | 我需要提醒大家 大部分 |
[03:26] | of mentally ill people have no history of | 患有精神疾病的人没有暴力的 |
[03:28] | or propensity for violence. | 倾向或历史 |
[03:30] | But in this case… | 但这个案子中… |
[03:32] | Successful shrink in Manhattan– | 曼哈顿的成功心理医生 |
[03:33] | probably sees dozens of patients. | 大概看过很多病人 |
[03:35] | Makes for a big suspect pool. | 嫌疑人的范围很大 |
[03:42] | I can narrow it down by one. | 我可以去掉一个人的嫌疑 |
[03:46] | Me. | 我 |
[03:48] | This is Dr. Candace Reed. | 这是坎迪丝·里德医生 |
[03:50] | She used to be my therapist. | 她曾是我的心理医生 |
[04:07] | You’re certain you’re okay? | 你确定你没问题 |
[04:10] | Uh, yeah. | 是的 |
[04:11] | I’m okay. | 我没问题 |
[04:13] | I mean, she was in a different office when I was seeing her, | 我见她时她还在另一个办公室 |
[04:15] | but that was five years ago. | 但那是五年前的事了 |
[04:17] | Given your personal connection to the victim, | 考虑到你和受害者的私人关系 |
[04:19] | no one will fault you for stepping away. | 没有人会责怪你退出这个案子 |
[04:22] | My PCS doesn’t seem to be troubling me. | 我的脑震荡后综合征似乎没有影响我 |
[04:24] | I can work here without you. | 我可以自己在这里工作 |
[04:28] | Honestly, I didn’t really know her that well. | 说实话 我没有那么了解她 |
[04:30] | I mean, our relationship was designed to be one-sided. | 我们的关系就是被设计成单向的 |
[04:33] | She helped me figure out a bunch of things, and I’m grateful. | 她帮我想明白了很多事 我很感激 |
[04:35] | But I’m up for this. | 但我准备好了处理这个案子 |
[04:41] | Sherlock Holmes, Joan Watson, | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 乔恩·华生 |
[04:43] | this is Dr. Leo Demopoulos. | 这是里欧·泽莫普洛斯医生 |
[04:45] | He’s Dr. Reed’s partner in the practice. | 他是里德医生诊所的合伙人 |
[04:48] | Sorry for your loss. | 请节哀 |
[04:50] | I just can’t believe it. | 我只是无法相信 |
[04:52] | I offered to walk Candace out last night, | 我昨晚提出了送送坎迪丝 |
[04:53] | but she was catching up on billing. | 但她在忙着对账 |
[04:56] | Uh, what time was this? | 当时是几点 |
[04:57] | Was a little after 7:00. | 七点多一点 |
[04:59] | I had an 8:00 appointment at my home office in New Rochelle. | 我在新罗谢尔的家里有个八点的预约 |
[05:02] | When I left, everything was fine. | 我走的时候一切都还好 |
[05:04] | So do you know if she was expecting anyone last night? | 你知道她昨晚是否有在等人吗 |
[05:07] | Not that she mentioned. | 至少她没提过 |
[05:08] | Did you see anyone suspicious when you were leaving? | 你走的时候有没有看到任何可疑的人 |
[05:11] | No. | 没有 |
[05:12] | I took the elevator down with Len Martinez, | 我和莱恩·马丁内斯一起坐电梯下楼的 |
[05:15] | chiropractor who works on the fourth floor. | 他是在四楼工作的脊椎按摩师 |
[05:18] | The building’s usually pretty empty at that hour. | 楼里那时候通常没什么人了 |
[05:21] | – Oh, God. – What? | -天啊 -怎么了 |
[05:23] | If Candace had patients this morning, | 如果坎迪丝今早有病人 |
[05:25] | they’re going to start showing up. | 他们就快要来了 |
[05:28] | If you’ll excuse me, | 如果你们不介意的话 |
[05:28] | I need to make some calls, let them know what happened. | 我要打几个电话 告诉他们出了什么事 |
[05:31] | We can help you contact her patients. | 我们可以帮你联系她的病人们 |
[05:34] | Why would you want to… | 你们为什么想… |
[05:37] | Wait, do you think one of them did this? | 等等 你们觉得这是一个病人干的 |
[05:40] | Someone she was treating? | 她正在治疗的某个人 |
[05:41] | Well, the more we find out about the relationships in her life, | 我们对她生活中的人际关系越了解越好 |
[05:44] | personal or professional, the better. | 私人关系和职业关系都算 |
[05:48] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:48] | I have access to her patients’ names and numbers | 我有权限接触她的病人的名字和电话 |
[05:51] | because I’m her partner, | 是因为我是她的合伙人 |
[05:52] | but HIPAA privacy laws prevent me | 但医患关系隐私法不允许我 |
[05:54] | from sharing any of that information. | 分享任何信息 |
[05:57] | If you give me your card, I’ll let each one of them know | 如果你把名片给我 我会告诉他们 |
[05:58] | that you’d like to speak with them. | 你们想跟他们谈谈 |
[06:00] | Appreciate it. | 谢谢 |
[06:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[06:07] | I’ll contact the D.A.’s office about getting a court order. | 我去联系地检办公室申请法庭令 |
[06:11] | Meantime, we could try building our own patient list. | 同时我们可以试着建立自己的病人名单 |
[06:13] | Work backwards off Dr. Reed’s phone records and bank deposits, | 查查里德医生的通话记录和银行存款 |
[06:16] | see who was calling her and who was sending her checks. | 看看有谁给她打过电话寄过支票 |
[06:19] | I know she had a husband. Has anyone spoken to him yet? | 我知道她有个丈夫 有人跟他谈过吗 |
[06:22] | I was just on my way to see him now, if you want to join. | 我正要去见他 你也可以一起去 |
[06:26] | I’d like a little more time examining the scene. | 我想再检查一下犯罪现场 |
[06:28] | Let me know if you learn anything. | 如果有发现就告诉我 |
[06:32] | None of this makes any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[06:36] | Candace didn’t have an enemy in the world. | 坎迪丝根本没有仇人 |
[06:39] | Who would want to… | 谁会想要… |
[06:42] | Is that why you’re here? | 你们是因为这个来的吗 |
[06:44] | ‘Cause I’m the husband? | 因为我是她丈夫 |
[06:45] | Right now, we’re just here | 目前我们只是来 |
[06:46] | to notify you about your wife’s death. | 通知你妻子的死讯 |
[06:49] | And to tell you how sorry we are. | 并且告诉你我们有多遗憾 |
[06:52] | But if you want to tell us where you were last night… | 但如果你想告诉我们你昨晚在哪… |
[06:55] | My sister’s house. | 在我妹妹家 |
[06:57] | She lives in Stamford. | 她住在斯坦福 |
[07:00] | Her husband passed away last year. | 她丈夫去年去世了 |
[07:03] | Candace and I have been trying to be more present for her. | 坎迪丝和我想多陪陪她 |
[07:08] | Loss of a spouse, | 失去配偶 |
[07:10] | y-you see, is-is just… | 要知道 是… |
[07:15] | I, uh… | 我… |
[07:25] | I got home about an hour ago. | 我是大约一小时前回到家的 |
[07:28] | I can show you the train ticket if you want. | 如果你们需要 我可以给你们看车票 |
[07:31] | Maybe before we leave. | 我们走之前再看吧 |
[07:36] | I knew your wife. | 我认识你的妻子 |
[07:38] | I was one of her patients, five years ago. | 我是她五年前的病人 |
[07:40] | She was very helpful. | 她很有帮助 |
[07:42] | That sounds like her. | 听起来是她的作风 |
[07:44] | You were saying you can’t think of | 你说你想不到 |
[07:45] | anyone who would’ve wanted to hurt her. | 任何想伤害她的人 |
[07:47] | No. No one. | 对 没有人 |
[07:50] | What about her patients? | 那她的病人们呢 |
[07:52] | Did she have problems with any of them? | 她跟他们有没有过节 |
[07:54] | No. Not-not that she mentioned to me. | 没有 她没有跟我提过 |
[07:57] | I mean, even-even if she had, I couldn’t tell you much else. | 就算有 我也没什么其他的能告诉你们了 |
[07:59] | Now, is that because of confidentiality issues | 是因为医患保密原则 |
[08:01] | or did you two just not discuss her work? | 还是你们两个不讨论她的工作 |
[08:04] | No, no. We talked about it quite a lot, actually. | 不是 其实我们经常讨论 |
[08:09] | Well, psychiatrists are just like anyone else. | 精神科医生就和普通人一样 |
[08:11] | I mean, they have to talk about their work. | 他们也得讨论自己的工作 |
[08:14] | They just can’t name names. | 他们只是不能说名字 |
[08:15] | She would vent about affairs, | 她会表达一些情绪 对婚外情 |
[08:17] | divorces, the occasional fetish. | 离婚 偶尔还有恋物癖 |
[08:20] | One of her patient’s preferred sex object was a shoe. | 她的一位病人喜欢的性对象是一只鞋 |
[08:25] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[08:27] | Names aside, | 不说名字 |
[08:28] | did anyone ever make your wife uncomfortable? | 有没有人让你妻子觉得不舒服 |
[08:32] | There was this one guy. | 有这么一个人 |
[08:33] | I mean, h-he made me uncomfortable. | 他让我觉得不舒服 |
[08:36] | He kept bringing her gifts. | 他一直给她送礼物 |
[08:39] | What kind of gifts? | 什么样的礼物 |
[08:41] | Nothing romantic. | 不是浪漫的礼物 |
[08:42] | Just… knickknacks. | 就是各种小玩意 |
[08:46] | A book that he’d read that he thought she might like. | 他读到的一本他认为她会喜欢的书 |
[08:48] | The occasional coffee. | 偶尔还有咖啡 |
[08:50] | Candace said he had trust issues | 坎迪丝说他有信任问题 |
[08:51] | and that a strong transference was a sign of progress. | 强烈的移情反应是进步的表现 |
[08:55] | She never told me his name, | 她从没告诉过我他的名字 |
[08:56] | but I know he had a regular appointment. | 但我知道他有定期预约 |
[09:00] | 5:00 every Tuesday. | 每周二五点 |
[09:01] | – Yesterday was Monday. – I know. | -昨天是周一 -我知道 |
[09:04] | But this guy, um, he also had a bad habit | 但这个人 他还有个坏习惯 |
[09:07] | of showing up without an appointment. | 就是在没有预约的时候突然出现 |
[09:11] | What if that’s what happened yesterday? | 如果昨天也是这样呢 |
[09:13] | Candace asked him to leave | 坎迪丝让他离开 |
[09:15] | and he wouldn’t take no for an answer. | 但他不肯接受拒绝 |
[09:23] | I got your paper. | 我给你带了纸 |
[09:24] | Oh, excellent. | 很好 |
[09:26] | So, what do we think of the husband? | 她丈夫怎么样 |
[09:27] | Is he a grief-stricken widower or likely suspect? | 是极度悲伤的鳏夫还是可能的嫌疑人 |
[09:31] | The former. He has an alibi. | 前者 他有不在场证明 |
[09:32] | That’s a pity. I was looking forward to another go in my tank. | 真遗憾 我还想再进水箱睡一会呢 |
[09:35] | He told us that one of Dr. Reed’s patients | 他告诉我们里德医生的一位病人 |
[09:37] | seemed to have an unhealthy attachment to her. | 似乎对她有不健康的依恋 |
[09:38] | So Marcus and I thought he would be worth talking to. | 我和马库斯认为应该找他谈谈 |
[09:41] | Unfortunately, Dr. Reed never mentioned the guy by name, | 不幸的是里德医生没提过他的名字 |
[09:44] | just that she saw him every Tuesday. | 只说她每周二见他 |
[09:47] | Do you know what time? | 你知道时间吗 |
[09:48] | 5:00. Why? | 五点 怎么了 |
[09:53] | What is all this? | 这都是什么 |
[09:55] | It’s the reason I needed more paper. | 这是我需要更多纸的原因 |
[09:57] | Is the man in question a current or former patient? | 这位嫌疑人是现在的还是以前的病人 |
[09:59] | Current. | 现在的 |
[10:00] | Are these Dr. Reed’s patient files? | 这些是里德医生的患者档案吗 |
[10:03] | They are. Oh. | 是的 |
[10:06] | So I guess her partner changed his mind about sharing information. | 看来她的合伙人改变主意分享信息了 |
[10:09] | He did not. | 他没有 |
[10:11] | Well, there’s no way | 警察不可能 |
[10:11] | the police could’ve gotten a court order this quickly. | 这么快就申请到法庭令 |
[10:15] | Where did these come from? | 这些是哪来的 |
[10:17] | That backup hard drive. | 备用硬盘 |
[10:18] | I stole it from Dr. Reed’s office. | 我从里德医生办公室偷的 |
[10:21] | I know. It’s almost one tree’s worth of paper. | 我知道 造这些纸可能需要一棵树 |
[10:23] | But I worried that reading it on a computer | 但我担心在电脑上看这些 |
[10:25] | might trigger another headache. | 可能会触发头痛 |
[10:28] | Do you know how illegal it is for us to have this stuff? | 你知道我们拿着这些东西有多违法吗 |
[10:31] | Less illegal than stabbing a woman to death. | 不会超过把一个女人捅死 |
[10:33] | The primary reason | 精神疾病治疗记录 |
[10:34] | that psychiatric records are kept confidential | 被保密的最初原因 |
[10:36] | is that many self-described sane people are judgmental idiots. | 是由于很多自认为理智的人都是爱指手画脚的白痴 |
[10:40] | I myself am not. For example, | 我就不是 比如 |
[10:41] | I fully support this man’s quest | 我完全支持这个男人的追求 |
[10:43] | to have sex with as many shoes as possible. | 他想和尽可能多的鞋性交 |
[10:47] | Tuesdays at 5:00 is downstairs. | 周二五点的病人信息在楼下 |
[10:53] | Does that hard drive contain all of Dr. Reed’s patient files? | 那块硬盘里有里德医生所有的病人资料吗 |
[10:57] | Like, everyone she’s ever seen? | 她看过的所有病人 |
[10:58] | You’re wondering if it also contains your files. It does. | 你想知道里面有没有你的资料 有 |
[11:02] | But out of respect for your privacy, | 但出于对你隐私的尊重 |
[11:03] | I neither opened nor printed them. | 我没有打开也没有打印出来 |
[11:06] | Oh. So, my privacy you respect? | 所以我的隐私你就会尊重 |
[11:09] | Unlike Dr. Reed’s other patients, | 和里德医生其他的病人不同 |
[11:10] | I know where you were at the time of the murder. | 我知道案发时你在哪 |
[11:13] | Alfonse Kapoor, | 阿尔方索·卡普尔 |
[11:14] | on the other hand… | 就不一样了… |
[11:16] | Is that Mr. Tuesdays at 5:00 p.M.? What does it say? | 就是周二五点那个人吗 上面说了什么 |
[11:19] | Are you certain you wish to know? | 你确定你想知道吗 |
[11:20] | I mean, you’ve given me a great deal to think about. | 你给了我很多要思考的东西 |
[11:23] | Doctor-patient confidentiality exists for a reason. | 医患保密原则的存在是有原因的 |
[11:25] | It could be that even a stab-happy | 即使一个以捅人为乐的 |
[11:26] | psychopath deserves some sort of… | 精神病人也值得有一些… |
[11:32] | So, according to this, | 这上面说 |
[11:33] | he’s a partner at an accounting firm called Foster & Place. | 他是”福派会计事务所”的合伙人 |
[11:37] | He was required to see Dr. Reed | 他被要求去见里德医生 |
[11:38] | after he bit a colleague who argued with him. | 因为他咬了一位跟他争吵的同事 |
[11:41] | The doctor thought he had rage issues. | 医生认为他有愤怒管理问题 |
[11:46] | Mr. Kapoor? | 卡普尔先生 |
[11:48] | Hello. I’m Sherlock Holmes. This is Joan Watson. | 你好 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 这是乔恩·华生 |
[11:50] | We were hoping that you might have a word with us. | 我们希望你能和我们谈谈 |
[11:53] | About? | 谈什么 |
[11:55] | About Dr. Candace Reed. | 谈谈坎迪丝·里德医生 |
[11:57] | I-I… | 我… |
[11:59] | Do you want to close that? | 你能把门关上吗 |
[12:02] | Seeing a psychiatrist is a sign of weakness around here. | 看心理医生在这里是软弱的表现 |
[12:05] | If these guys smell blood, they pounce. | 如果这些人闻到血腥味 他们会扑上来 |
[12:07] | I hear some of them even bite. | 我听说他们有的人甚至会咬人 |
[12:11] | Did Sydney send you? | 是西德尼让你们来的吗 |
[12:13] | Sydney? | 西德尼 |
[12:14] | My boss. | 我的老板 |
[12:16] | He’s the only one who knows I’m in therapy. | 他是唯一知道我在参加心理治疗的人 |
[12:19] | Is there some problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[12:23] | Dr. Reed was murdered last night. | 里德医生昨晚被谋杀了 |
[12:27] | What? | 什么 |
[12:28] | We’re consultants with the NYPD. | 我们是纽约警局的顾问 |
[12:30] | The medical examiner thinks that she was killed | 法医认为她是昨晚 |
[12:32] | between the hours of 8:00 and 10:00 P.M. | 八点到十点间被杀的 |
[12:35] | Can you account for your whereabouts during that time? | 你能说明那个时间你在哪吗 |
[12:39] | Uh… Candace… is dead? | 坎迪丝死了 |
[12:42] | Most of her patients referred to her as “Dr. Reed.” | 大部分病人会称她为”里德医生” |
[12:45] | But, I mean, we understand | 但我们能理解 |
[12:46] | you feel that you had a special relationship? | 你觉得你们有特殊的关系 |
[12:51] | Mr. Kapoor? | 卡普尔先生 |
[12:53] | Could-could you tell us where you were last night? | 你能告诉我们你昨晚在哪吗 |
[12:56] | No. | 不 |
[12:57] | Uh, I mean… I mean, I was someplace. I just… | 我是说 我在某个地方 我只是… |
[13:04] | Is… is she real-really dead? | 她真的死了吗 |
[13:08] | I’m sorry. I’m just… I’m… | 抱歉 我只是… |
[13:10] | Um, I’m having a little trouble breathing. | 我有点喘不过气 |
[13:11] | I’m just… I’m just gonna get some air. | 我只是…我需要透透气 |
[13:18] | If it’s an act, it’s one of the best I’ve seen. | 如果这是演戏 那这是最棒的演技 |
[13:21] | He bit someone because they argued with him. | 他会因为别人跟他争吵而咬人 |
[13:25] | He’s obviously capable of violence when he’s angry. | 他显然能够因为愤怒而产生暴力举动 |
[13:28] | Sometimes people prone to rage– they just black out. | 有时有暴力倾向的人大脑会一片空白 |
[13:38] | You know, it’s understandable. | 其实 你那么想是可以理解的 |
[13:41] | You want to take a look at your file. | 你想看一眼你的档案 |
[13:43] | What? | 什么 |
[13:44] | The one that contains Dr. Reed’s notes on your sessions together. | 写着里德医生笔记的那份档案 |
[13:48] | You’ve been thinking about it. I can tell. | 你一直在考虑 我能看出来 |
[13:52] | Yeah. You respected her a great deal. | 对 你很尊重她 |
[13:54] | She’s gone, but her assessment of you remains, | 她死了 但她对你的评价还在 |
[13:56] | so, it’s natural that you want to take a peek. | 你想偷看是很正常的 |
[13:59] | I do not want to look at my own file. | 我不想看自己的档案 |
[14:01] | I won’t bring it up again, but I’d be remiss | 我不会再提 但我要是不提醒你 |
[14:03] | if I didn’t remind you that | 那就是我不负责了 |
[14:04] | denial can be a funny thing, you know? | 自我否认可以成为很微妙的事 知道吗 |
[14:08] | One never can tell what it’ll make one do. | 一个人永远不知道会被逼做出什么来 |
[14:21] | Mr. Kapoor, you awake? | 卡普尔先生 你醒了吗 |
[14:24] | They told me you spent the night here. | 他们告诉我你整晚都在这里 |
[14:29] | Guess we never did finish our talk. | 看来我们确实没谈完 |
[14:32] | No, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. | 不 我只是想确认你没事 |
[14:35] | You surprised me yesterday. | 你昨天让我很意外 |
[14:37] | If I’d have known you were gonna do that… | 如果我知道你要那么做… |
[14:41] | Candace… | 坎迪丝 |
[14:44] | Dr. Reed helped me so much. | 里德医生帮了我很多 |
[14:47] | I couldn’t imagine going on without her. | 我无法想象没有她 我要怎么继续 |
[14:50] | Well, one more floor up, and you wouldn’t be. | 再上一层楼 你就不用继续了 |
[14:55] | The second I jumped, | 我跳下去的那一瞬间 |
[14:58] | I realized that she had prepared me | 我意识到她已经帮我做好了 |
[15:00] | for every problem I have in my life. | 应对人生中一切问题的准备 |
[15:04] | Except falling three stories. | 除了掉下三层楼 |
[15:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:10] | Well, you’re gonna have a few more days | 你会有好几天时间 |
[15:11] | to firm up that perspective, because, | 来巩固这个想法了 因为 |
[15:13] | your doctors are placing you on a danger-to-self hold. | 医生把你归到了”对自己有危险”的看护类别中 |
[15:19] | You… you believe me now? | 你 你现在相信我了吗 |
[15:22] | That I didn’t… kill her? | 相信我没有杀她 |
[15:26] | I believed you before you jumped. | 你跳之前我就信了 |
[15:29] | Look… what I did… | 我做的那些事… |
[15:33] | People might think it was because I really did hurt Dr. Reed. | 人们可能会认为是因为我真的伤害了里德医生 |
[15:36] | I don’t want that. | 我不想那样 |
[15:38] | All I can tell you about that night is… | 关于那晚的事 我只能告诉你… |
[15:40] | that I was at a meeting | 我在一个会议上 |
[15:42] | that is covered by a non-disclosure agreement. | 其中的内容全处在保密协议下 |
[15:47] | And I know how that must sound, but… | 我知道这听起来像什么 但是… |
[15:50] | if the details get out, | 如果细节被泄露出去 |
[15:52] | a billion-dollar company’s stock goes in the toilet. | 价值十亿美元公司的股票就会变成垃圾 |
[15:57] | I could get sued. | 我可能会被起诉 |
[15:58] | My boss, Mr. Place, | 我的老板 普莱斯先生 |
[16:00] | is supposed to be coming here at 9:00 with some documents | 应该在九点来这里 拿着一些 |
[16:03] | that he wants me to look over. | 他想让我看一看的文件 |
[16:04] | Talk to him. | 去问他 |
[16:06] | He’ll tell you I’m telling the truth. | 他会告诉你我说的是实话 |
[16:09] | So you attempted suicide yesterday, | 所以 你昨天试图自杀 |
[16:11] | and your boss is bringing you work? | 而你的老板还要带工作来让你看 |
[16:20] | Mr. Place, I’m Sherlock Holmes. | 普莱斯先生 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[16:22] | I work with the police. | 我和警察一同工作 |
[16:24] | You might be aware | 你可能知道 |
[16:25] | I questioned your employee, Mr. Kapoor, yesterday | 我昨天询问了你的员工 卡普尔先生 |
[16:28] | regarding the murder of his therapist. | 关于他的心理医生被杀的事 |
[16:31] | Today, he told me I should talk to you | 今天 他让我来问你 |
[16:32] | about where he was two nights ago. | 两天之前他在哪里 |
[16:34] | You might not care | 你也许不在乎 |
[16:36] | that he tried to take his own life yesterday, but I do, | 他昨天想要自杀的事 但我在乎 |
[16:39] | so would you do us both the great favor | 所以你能不能帮一下我们 |
[16:41] | of confirming that he has an alibi? | 证实他的不在场证明 |
[16:45] | He was with me. | 他和我在一起 |
[16:48] | Where? | 在哪里 |
[16:50] | A meeting. | 一场会议上 |
[16:52] | We brokered a sit-down between the CEO of a prominent company | 我们做中介让一个知名公司的总裁 |
[16:56] | and a… and a certain Antiguan bank. | 和某个安提瓜银行会了个面 |
[16:59] | Antigua. Lovely. Known for its barely-legal tax shelters. | 安提瓜啊 他们几乎违法的避税手段很出名 |
[17:02] | I won’t be naming the CEO or the bank, | 我不会提总裁或是银行的名字 |
[17:05] | but I can arrange for the police to see security video | 但我可以安排让警方看看 |
[17:08] | of Alfonse coming and going. | 阿尔方索来去的安保视频 |
[17:10] | Well, that would do the trick. | 这样就可以了 |
[17:15] | I do care about him, you know. | 我挺关心他的 |
[17:19] | Alfonse. | 阿尔方索 |
[17:21] | He’s special. | 他很特别 |
[17:22] | Goes through a tax code like a fishmonger through a carp. | 看税码跟鱼贩子处理鱼似的 |
[17:29] | I cared about Candace, too. | 我也很在乎坎迪丝 |
[17:33] | You knew her? | 你认识她 |
[17:34] | I’m the one who referred Alfonse. | 就是我把阿尔方索介绍过去的 |
[17:36] | So she was your doctor, as well? | 所以她也是你的医生了 |
[17:38] | No, no, no, no. She was, uh, my tenant. | 不不不 她是我的租客 |
[17:42] | I own the building her offices are in. | 她办公室所在的楼是我的 |
[17:45] | When she applied for a lease, | 当她要租的时候 |
[17:47] | I found out she had a great reputation | 我发现她有很好的名声 |
[17:49] | and a long waiting list. | 和一份很长的等待名单 |
[17:50] | So in exchange for seeing Alfonse, | 所以作为给阿尔方索看诊的交换条件 |
[17:53] | I, uh, knocked a few months off her rent. | 我免了她几个月的租金 |
[17:56] | Very economical of you. | 你还真会节省 |
[17:58] | Are you talking to her partner? | 你和她的合伙人谈了吗 |
[18:01] | Dr. Demopoulos? | 泽莫普洛斯医生 |
[18:03] | Perhaps. Why? | 也许吧 为什么 |
[18:05] | Candace had to cover his rent a few times last year, | 坎迪丝前年帮他付过几次租金 |
[18:08] | and other tenants complained | 还有其他租客投诉说 |
[18:10] | that they could hear them arguing sometimes, and… | 有时可以听到他们在争吵 |
[18:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:16] | Alfonse isn’t your guy. | 阿尔方索不是你们要找的人 |
[18:19] | Maybe Dr. Demopoulos is. | 也许泽莫普洛斯医生是 |
[18:27] | Lin. | 玲 |
[18:29] | You said to come by today, remember? | 你说让我今天过来的 记得吗 |
[18:32] | The check for Dad’s services. | 支付爸爸的葬礼的支票 |
[18:34] | Oh, my God. Right, right. Come in. | 我的天 对 对 进来吧 |
[18:37] | Sherlock home? | 夏洛克在家吗 |
[18:38] | Uh, just me. | 只有我 |
[18:41] | New case? | 新案子吗 |
[18:43] | Yep. | 是的 |
[18:44] | Who was she? | 她是谁 |
[18:45] | My therapist. | 我的心理医生 |
[18:47] | Right. | 好吧 |
[18:52] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑呢 对吗 |
[18:54] | I wish I was. | 我倒希望是 |
[18:55] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[18:57] | I think I left my checkbook in the kitchen… | 我应该是把支票簿忘在厨房了 |
[19:00] | Joan. You just told me this woman was your therapist. | 乔恩 你刚跟我说这人是你的心理医生 |
[19:03] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[19:04] | Uh, yeah. I’m sorry, | 我没事 不好意思 |
[19:06] | I– you know I hadn’t seen her in a long ti– I’m fine. | 我很久没见她了 我没事 |
[19:08] | You don’t look fine. | 你看着可不像没事 |
[19:13] | I think I made a mistake this morning. | 我今早可能犯了个错误 |
[19:15] | I looked at something I shouldn’t have. | 我看了不该看的东西 |
[19:17] | Was it these pictures? | 是这些图片吗 |
[19:20] | I got access to her file on me, and… | 我拿到了我在她那里的资料 |
[19:24] | I read something that I wasn’t expecting. | 发现了一些出乎我意料的东西 |
[19:27] | What, did she think you were a serial killer or something? | 怎么 她觉得你是连环杀手什么的吗 |
[19:30] | She thought I would have been a good mother. | 她觉得我会是个好妈妈 |
[19:33] | So, your therapist, who you haven’t seen in years, | 你几年未见的心理医生 |
[19:36] | was killed, possibly by one of her patients. | 遇害了 凶手可能是她的某位患者 |
[19:39] | And Sherlock thought the quickest way to test that theory | 而夏洛克觉得要验证这一假设 |
[19:41] | was to steal a few thousand pages | 最快的办法就是去偷几千页 |
[19:43] | of extremely private medical information. | 非常隐私的医疗记录 |
[19:46] | He did not steal the pages, he stole her backup hard drive. | 他没偷文件 他偷了她的备份硬盘 |
[19:49] | – But yeah. – This morning, | -不过 没错 -今天上午 |
[19:50] | you decided to look at the notes she kept on you. | 你决定看看她关于你的记录 |
[19:53] | Listen, I know that I shouldn’t have done it. | 我知道我不该这么做 |
[19:54] | I just was curious, and I– | 我就是好奇 我 |
[19:55] | Joanie, sweetie, if they were notes on me, | 乔尼 亲爱的 我要是发现自己的记录 |
[19:57] | I would’ve read them at the crime scene. | 我肯定当场就读了 |
[20:00] | I just think it’s unfair. | 我就是觉得不公平 |
[20:01] | I mean, she wrote those notes for herself, not for me. | 她记笔记是给自己看 不是给我看的 |
[20:03] | – No. – What do you mean? | -不是的 -什么意思 |
[20:05] | I mean you’re not upset because you violated some sacred trust | 你不是因为自己破坏了和心理医生之间 |
[20:08] | between you and your psychiatrist. | 神圣的信任关系而生气 |
[20:10] | You’re upset because someone you liked and respected and admired– | 你生气是因为有一个你喜爱且敬仰的人 |
[20:14] | someone whose job it was to help people figure out their lives– | 某个负责帮助人们理清生活头绪的人 |
[20:16] | thought you should be a mommy. | 认为你应该当妈 |
[20:18] | – Okay? – What are you, my therapist now? | -好吗 -怎么 你现在成了我的心理医生了 |
[20:21] | Yes. For the duration of this visit, I am your therapist. | 对 这次来访期间 我就是你的心理医生 |
[20:25] | Would you like to lie down? | 你想躺下吗 |
[20:27] | Patient has strong maternal urges, | 患者有强烈的生育意愿 |
[20:28] | which she channels into her job | 她用工作转移自己的注意力 |
[20:30] | rather than facing her fears of actually becoming a mother? | 而不是直面她想要当母亲的焦虑感 |
[20:34] | You were a sober companion back then, right? | 你那时候是康戒陪护 对吧 |
[20:35] | You were helping addicts in recovery. | 你在帮助瘾君子戒毒 |
[20:38] | But this woman never told you she thought | 但她从未告诉你 她认为 |
[20:39] | you were channeling urges? | 你在以此转移注意力 |
[20:41] | Therapists don’t just come out and tell you what they think. | 心理医生不会直接告诉你他们的想法 |
[20:43] | They want to help you figure it out for yourself. | 他们想引导你自己想清楚 |
[20:45] | It’s more impactful that way. | 那样才更有效 |
[20:47] | She never asked you whether you wanted kids? | 她从没问过你想不想要孩子吗 |
[20:48] | She did, but that was in our getting-to-know-you phase. | 问过 但那是在刚开始了解我的阶段 |
[20:51] | I mean, it’s not the reason I started seeing her. | 我不是因为这个才去见她的 |
[20:53] | Well, what did you tell her? | 你是怎么跟她说的 |
[20:55] | I told her I hadn’t thought about it much. | 我说我没想过 |
[20:57] | – Was that because of Dad? – What do you mean? | -是因为爸爸的缘故吗 -什么意思 |
[21:00] | Was Dad one of the reasons why you didn’t think about it much? | 你没考虑过生孩子多少是因为爸爸吧 |
[21:03] | You knew there was a chance | 你明白你的孩子有可能 |
[21:04] | you could have a kid with schizophrenia. | 患上精神分裂症 |
[21:07] | You are my therapist today. | 你今天还真成了我的心理医生了 |
[21:09] | I worry about it whenever I think about kids. | 我一想到孩子就担心 |
[21:11] | How could we not? | 我们怎么可能不担心 |
[21:12] | I mean, that was part of it, yeah. | 那是一部分原因 |
[21:14] | But, also, I wasn’t seeing anyone back then. | 但是我当时也没有男朋友 |
[21:16] | I mean, kids weren’t really on the horizon. | 孩子的问题还没纳入考量 |
[21:18] | I mean, that was five years ago. | 那是五年前的事了 |
[21:20] | I mean, I don’t know. I guess just reading all that stuff | 我不知道 可能看那些东西 |
[21:23] | made me think that I missed out on something. | 让我觉得自己错过了什么 |
[21:27] | Oh, it’s Sherlock. He wants me to meet him. | 是夏洛克 他想让我去见他 |
[21:30] | Please bring a change of clothes… | 麻烦带件换洗衣服来 |
[21:33] | and a light snack. | 还有小点心 |
[21:35] | Too bad Dr. Reed isn’t here. | 里德医生不在真遗憾 |
[21:37] | She could see you already have a kid. | 不然她就能看到你已经有孩子了 |
[21:43] | Too soon. | 还没到开玩笑的时候 |
[21:45] | Yeah, too soon. | 是的 还没到 |
[21:55] | Dr. Demopoulos. | 泽莫普洛斯医生 |
[21:57] | Thank you for meeting with us. | 谢谢你能来 |
[21:58] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[22:00] | I was glad to hear from you, actually. | 其实挺高兴收到你们的消息的 |
[22:02] | I had some questions about how to proceed | 我有些疑问 一旦警方解封 |
[22:05] | once the police release this place as a crime scene. | 这个犯罪现场 之后该怎么处理 |
[22:08] | How to proceed? | 该怎么处理 |
[22:09] | With the, uh… | 就是 |
[22:12] | cleaning. | 怎么清理 |
[22:13] | I assume there are services for this sort of situation | 我猜应该有针对这类情况的清理服务 |
[22:17] | but I don’t know how to go about finding one. | 但我不知道该去哪儿找 |
[22:19] | I can provide you with several recipes for removing blood. | 我可以告诉你几种清理血迹的配方 |
[22:22] | Sadly, none of them can remove the stain | 可惜没人能清理掉杀手 |
[22:24] | of a murder from one’s soul. | 灵魂深处的污点 |
[22:26] | Would you say you and Dr. Reed had a good relationship? | 你认为你和里德医生的关系好吗 |
[22:29] | We were partners in a business. | 我们是生意伙伴 |
[22:31] | We had our ups and downs. Why? | 总会有起起伏伏 怎么了 |
[22:34] | It’s our understanding you were prone to loud arguments. | 据我们了解 你们很容易大吵大闹 |
[22:38] | – Prone? – It means in the habit of. | -容易 -就是习惯性的 |
[22:40] | I know what it means. | 我知道那词是什么意思 |
[22:42] | Are you here because you think I killed Candace? | 你们来找我是因为觉得我杀了坎迪丝 |
[22:44] | We know that she had to cover your rent on multiple occasions. | 我们知道她经常需要替你付房租 |
[22:48] | I was having cash flow problems. | 我的资金链出了点问题 |
[22:50] | She carried me for a few months. | 她替我付了几个月 |
[22:53] | Did it cause resentment? Yes. | 这是否会引发怨恨 是的 |
[22:55] | How could it not? | 怎么可能没有呢 |
[22:56] | You told us that you left here on 7 o’clock the night she was killed. | 你说她被杀当晚你七点就走了 |
[22:59] | You had an appointment in New Rochelle. | 你说你在新罗谢尔有约 |
[23:01] | Can you tell us who you were meeting? | 能告诉我们你要见谁吗 |
[23:03] | Surely, you have access to her bank records. | 你们肯定能查她的银行记录 |
[23:05] | You’ll see that I paid her everything I owed her, plus interest. | 你们会发现我欠她的连本带利都还清了 |
[23:08] | You’re evading, Doctor. | 你在回避问题 医生 |
[23:09] | Who was your appointment with two nights ago? | 两晚前你约的是谁 |
[23:11] | A patient. | 一个病人 |
[23:13] | Let me guess. This is where you tell us | 我猜猜 你准备告诉我们 |
[23:14] | that HIPAA privacy rules strictly forbid you? | 医患保密协定禁止你 |
[23:17] | from giving us that person’s name. | 告诉我们病人的名字 |
[23:19] | You know what? | 知道吗 |
[23:20] | I don’t have time for this. | 我没时间聊这个 |
[23:22] | I have to see a patient at Stuyvesant Memorial. | 我得去史岱文森纪念馆见个病人 |
[23:25] | That’s interesting, I just came from there. | 有意思 我刚从那里过来 |
[23:27] | Are you meeting with Alfonse Kapoor, | 你是要去见里德医生以前的病人 |
[23:28] | formerly treated by Dr. Reed? | 阿尔方索·卡普尔吗 |
[23:30] | I will talk to the patient | 我会和坎迪斯被杀那晚 |
[23:32] | I saw the night Candace was killed. | 我见面的病人谈谈 |
[23:34] | If he chooses to speak with you, he’ll be in touch. | 如果他愿意和你们谈谈 他会联系你们 |
[23:36] | In the meantime, I’ll thank you | 与此同时 我想请你们 |
[23:38] | to stay away from me and my practice. | 别打扰我 离开我的咨询室 |
[23:41] | Like you said, this is an active crime scene. | 你也说了 这里现在是案发现场 |
[23:43] | We’ll thank you to leave. | 我们请你先离开 |
[24:03] | Something in here you wanted to look at? | 这儿有什么你想看的东西吗 |
[24:05] | Something I wanted to return, actually. | 其实是我有东西要还回来 |
[24:07] | You got what you wanted from it. | 你拿到里面你想要的东西了 |
[24:09] | Now no one will ever know we had it. | 现在没人会知道我们拿走过它 |
[24:11] | It was plugged in under the desk. | 它原来被插在桌子下面 |
[24:15] | What did you think of Demopoulos? | 你觉得泽莫普洛斯的反应如何 |
[24:17] | I think he was afraid. | 我觉得他害怕了 |
[24:19] | But I would be, too, if someone just accused me | 但如果有人指控我杀了自己的合伙人 |
[24:20] | of killing my business partner. | 我也会害怕 |
[24:23] | Let’s just see if we hear from this patient | 我们就看看他说那晚见的那个病人 |
[24:25] | that he said he was meeting with. | 会不会联系我们吧 |
[24:33] | Fluorescent lights gave me a terrible headache yesterday. | 日光灯的强光昨天让我的头很疼 |
[24:35] | I’d like to avoid having another one. | 我不想再疼一次 |
[24:45] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:47] | Well, you said you wanted to put that back | 你说你想把它放回去 |
[24:48] | so that no one ever knew we took it. | 这样就没人知道我们拿走过它 |
[24:51] | But someone might already know. | 但有人可能已经知道了 |
[24:54] | I think that that is a listening device. | 我觉得那是个窃听器 |
[25:01] | If it’s still transmitting, | 如果它还在工作 |
[25:03] | and if someone’s listening, | 如果还有人在听 |
[25:06] | they will have heard every word we said. | 他们就已经听到我们刚才说的所有话了 |
[25:15] | Got it. I appreciate you taking the time. | 明白了 感谢你抽出时间帮忙 |
[25:17] | Yes, and good luck with the fish. | 好的 祝你处理鱼顺利 |
[25:20] | Okay, so that was Isaac Marlowe. | 好了 刚才那是艾萨克·马洛 |
[25:22] | The patient that Dr. Demopoulos said | 就是泽莫普洛斯医生说自己 |
[25:24] | he was with on Monday night. | 在周一晚上见的那位病人 |
[25:25] | Got fish problems, has he? | 他对鱼有问题是吧 |
[25:27] | Among many, many others. | 也有很多其他问题 |
[25:28] | But he backed the doctor’s story. | 但他证实了医生的话 |
[25:30] | He was with him in New Rochelle at the time of the murder. | 案发时他和医生在新罗谢尔 |
[25:32] | So Demopoulos is not our guy. | 泽莫普洛斯不是我们要找的人 |
[25:34] | Then we are truly nowhere. | 那我们真是毫无头绪了 |
[25:37] | What about that? | 窃听器呢 |
[25:39] | Not much of a lead, I’m afraid. | 恐怕也没什么线索 |
[25:41] | It’s just a Mic with a transmitter. | 就是一个收音器加发送器 |
[25:43] | It’s a common brand, it’s off the rack. | 普通的牌子 到处都买得到 |
[25:45] | And no fingerprints, nor any other way | 上面也没有指纹或是其他线索 |
[25:46] | to tell who planted it in Dr. Reed’s office. | 能告诉我们是谁把它放进了里德医生的办公室 |
[25:50] | In that case, I wish we’d never found it. | 这样的话 真希望我们没发现它 |
[25:52] | I’m gonna lose sleep knowing | 我肯定得失眠了 |
[25:53] | that someone might have a recording | 毕竟知道有人手上可能有 |
[25:55] | of us talking about stealing all this stuff. | 我们谈论偷了这些东西的录音 |
[25:58] | Well, I think you can rest easy. | 我觉得你大可放松 |
[26:00] | We turned it off hours ago, | 我们几小时前把它关了 |
[26:01] | and whoever planted it was no longer listening | 无论是谁放进去的都早已没在监听了 |
[26:03] | or has a very good reason for keeping mum. | 不然就是他有很好的理由要保持沉默 |
[26:07] | What makes you think so? | 你为什么这么想 |
[26:08] | Their deafening silence. | 他们的毫无作为 |
[26:10] | The dust we found on and around this device | 我们从窃听器周围的灰尘可以看出来 |
[26:13] | suggest it was in that light fixture for months. | 它已经在灯架上放了几个月了 |
[26:16] | That would mean that whoever put it there… | 这就意味着把它放到那里的人… |
[26:19] | Probably has a recording of Dr. Reed’s murder. | 很可能有里德医生被杀时的录音 |
[26:21] | And yet no such recording has found its way to the police. | 而还没有这样的录音被送到警方手里 |
[26:25] | You think that’s because whoever planted the bug | 你觉得是因为安插窃听器的人 |
[26:28] | killed Dr. Reed? | 就是杀害里德医生的凶手 |
[26:29] | That’s possible. | 有这个可能 |
[26:31] | Another reason is that it was put there in the service | 另一种可能是把它放在那的人 |
[26:33] | of another crime against Dr. Reed. | 也是为了对里德医生做出不法之事 |
[26:36] | And the perpetrator cannot share their recording | 而这个窃听者不能冒着暴露自己的风险 |
[26:38] | of her murder without exposing themselves. | 将关于她被害的录音传出去 |
[26:42] | Let’s think practically. | 我们从现实角度想想 |
[26:43] | Why would somebody bug a shrink’s office? | 为什么有人要窃听一个心理医生的办公室呢 |
[26:46] | Either to eavesdrop on her… | 要么是为了窃听她 |
[26:48] | Or one of her patients. | 要么是窃听她的病人 |
[26:53] | Yesterday, Dr. Reed’s husband said that some of her patients | 昨天里德医生的丈夫告诉我们 |
[26:56] | were going through divorces. | 她有些病人正在闹离婚 |
[26:59] | Maybe one of them had a spouse | 会不会是这些人中其中的一方 |
[27:00] | who wanted to listen for secrets about an affair, | 为了听另一半的出轨秘密 |
[27:03] | or a hidden bank account. | 或是秘密银行账户 |
[27:05] | You’re looking for these. | 你在找这些东西 |
[27:07] | I had the same thought earlier, | 我之前也这么想过 |
[27:09] | but both divorce proceedings were over months ago. | 但所有离婚咨询几个月前都结束了 |
[27:12] | So whatever Dr. Reed knew about them, | 无论里德医生掌握了他们的什么情况 |
[27:13] | seems unlikely she’d be killed over them now. | 都不太可能现在才被杀 |
[27:18] | Okay, um… what about our jumper? | 好吧 那个跳楼的人呢 |
[27:23] | Alfonse’s alibi checked out. | 阿尔方索的不在场证明是成立的 |
[27:25] | I’m not accusing him, | 我不是指他 |
[27:26] | I’m accusing the people he works for. | 我指的是他老板 |
[27:28] | They could be behind the bug and the murder. | 他们可能是窃听器和谋杀案的幕后黑手 |
[27:30] | I mean… Remember, we talked about these yesterday? | 记得我们昨天讨论过这些吗 |
[27:33] | There was stuff about his continuing efforts to win her over– | 上面写着他一直想要赢得她的芳心 |
[27:37] | his obsessive detailing of work minutiae? | 他执迷于描述自己的工作细节 |
[27:39] | What if the minutiae was sensitive financial information? | 如果这些细节是敏感的金融消息呢 |
[27:42] | Maybe he was trying to win her over by sharing it. | 也许他想通过分享这些信息赢得她的芳心 |
[27:45] | That could be dangerous. | 这样可能很危险 |
[27:47] | Foster & Place’s clients include | 福派会计事务所的一些客户 |
[27:49] | some of the darkest stars of the corporate universe. | 可是商界最黑的大户 |
[27:53] | The thing is, if they were worried about him, | 关键是 如果他们不放心他 |
[27:56] | why kill Dr. Reed? | 那为什么杀了里德医生 |
[27:57] | Wasn’t Alfonse the real problem? | 真正的目标不应该是阿尔方索吗 |
[28:00] | That depends on the perspective of the killer. | 那得看凶手是怎么想的了 |
[28:10] | Mr. Place. | 普莱斯先生 |
[28:12] | Thank you for seeing us on such short notice. | 多谢你愿意这么临时地见我们 |
[28:14] | Oh, don’t thank me. | 不用谢我 |
[28:15] | I would have asked you to make an appointment. | 我本来会要求你们提前预约的 |
[28:18] | Evidently my, uh, guard dog has a soft spot for… | 但是显然 我的看门狗心软了 |
[28:23] | What was it, the… the British accent? | 也许是因为你的英式口音吧 |
[28:25] | Well, probably, but don’t be too hard on Gina. | 可能吧 但别太责怪吉娜 |
[28:28] | We told her we’d come to level a murder accusation at you. | 我们告诉她 我们会指控你谋杀 |
[28:31] | I think she found that a little unsettling. | 我觉得她有点不安 |
[28:38] | Do you care to back up and explain yourself? | 你们介意说明来意吗 |
[28:41] | No. Not particularly. | 不 不太愿意 |
[28:43] | I think you’ve heard quite enough from us, recently. | 我认为这几天你应该听我们说的够多了 |
[28:46] | We’d like to hear what you have to say for a change. | 相反 我们想听听你怎么说 |
[28:49] | – What is that? – That’s a listening device | -那是什么 -那是个窃听器 |
[28:51] | we found in Dr. Reed’s office. | 我们在里德医生的办公室找到的 |
[28:53] | You own the building. | 这栋楼是你的 |
[28:55] | It would have been easy for you | 对你来说装这样的窃听器 |
[28:55] | to plant a bug like that. | 应该很容易 |
[28:57] | Why would I bug Candace’s office? | 我为什么要窃听坎迪丝的办公室 |
[29:00] | Perhaps you were worried about what Alfonse was telling her | 也许你担心在这些疗程中 |
[29:02] | during those sessions. | 阿尔方索都告诉了她什么 |
[29:04] | You didn’t want her to act | 你不想看到她利用 |
[29:05] | on any of the intelligence that he was sharing with her. | 那些他告诉她的消息 |
[29:08] | I mean, firms like this, they can be touchy about that. | 向你们这样的公司 应该对此很敏感 |
[29:11] | Based on everything I’ve heard, | 根据我听到的消息来判断 |
[29:13] | a crazy person murdered Candace. | 是一个疯子杀了坎迪丝 |
[29:15] | I mean, she was… | 我是说 她被 |
[29:17] | She was butchered. | 她被残忍的屠杀了 |
[29:19] | Things like that are tragically easy to fake. | 那种事是非常容易伪造的 |
[29:22] | All one needs to mimic the actions | 要模仿一个有暴力倾向的 |
[29:24] | of a violent psychopath | 精神病的行为 |
[29:26] | is a willing sociopath. | 只需要一个自愿的反社会变态 |
[29:27] | And there must be plenty of those here. | 这栋楼里应该有很多这样的人 |
[29:29] | We know that you were with Alfonse | 我们知道谋杀发生的当晚 |
[29:31] | at the time of the murder. | 你和阿尔方索在一起 |
[29:32] | You didn’t kill Dr. Reed, but maybe that’s because | 你没有亲手杀害里德医生 但也许是因为 |
[29:34] | you hired someone else to do it for you. | 你雇了人替你动手 |
[29:36] | Or maybe, just maybe, you’re not behind | 或者 只是假设 |
[29:39] | Dr. Reed’s violent murder, you just… | 你不是杀害里德医生的幕后主使 你只是 |
[29:41] | you just have a recording of it. | 你只是把这一切都录了下来 |
[29:43] | If that’s the case, then you can see how | 如果是这样的话 你应该明白 |
[29:45] | it would be in your best interest to share it with us. | 对你来说最有利的就是跟我们共享信息 |
[29:49] | I’ve never seen that before. | 我从没见过那个东西 |
[29:52] | No one here put it in Candace’s office. | 这里没人把它放在坎迪丝的办公室里 |
[29:57] | But… just for a second, let’s… | 但是 只是假设一下 |
[30:00] | let’s say they did. | 假设有人做了这件事 |
[30:04] | It would have picked up all kinds of conversations, right? | 那他应该听到了很多对话 对吧 |
[30:09] | Maybe even a couple of detectives | 甚至可能听到了一对侦探 |
[30:11] | talking about how they stole evidence | 谈论他们如何从犯罪现场 |
[30:15] | from the scene of a crime. | 偷走了证据的对话 |
[30:20] | I’m just speculating, but, um… | 我只是瞎猜的 但是 |
[30:24] | we might have arrived at an impasse. | 我们现在可能陷入了僵局 |
[30:28] | Beyond this, it’s possible there is only | 除此之外 也许只剩下 |
[30:30] | mutually assured destruction. | 对双方都不利的情形了 |
[30:33] | Well, you’re a partner in a multi-billion-dollar firm. | 你是一家价值数十亿美元企业的合伙人 |
[30:37] | You’re answerable to the board, shareholders. | 你要对董事会和股东负责 |
[30:40] | We’re just a couple of police consultants | 我们只是两个警方顾问 |
[30:43] | that color outside the lines. | 并不是警局的人 |
[30:45] | So while our, uh, destruction might be mutual, | 也许现在情形确实对双方都不利 |
[30:50] | it will by no means be equal. | 但严重程度却并非等价 |
[30:55] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[30:57] | Looks like we have a confession | 看起来我们 |
[30:58] | to make to our captain. | 要向警监做个坦白了 |
[31:01] | If-if I can produce a tape, | 如果我能提供录音带 |
[31:06] | you have to keep the firm out of it. | 那你们不能让公司牵扯进来 |
[31:09] | Can you agree to that? | 你们同意吗 |
[31:10] | We’ll do what we can. | 我们会尽我们所能 |
[31:13] | Give me until tomorrow morning. | 明早给你们消息 |
[31:19] | Lin? | 玲 |
[31:21] | Out here. | 在这里 |
[31:28] | So, what do you think, hmm? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[31:31] | I think that if you did not get | 我觉得如果这个地方 |
[31:32] | multiple bids on this place today, | 今天没有很多人竞标的话 |
[31:34] | then… it’s gotta be haunted. | 那它一定是闹鬼了 |
[31:38] | It’s not haunted, | 这里并没有闹鬼 |
[31:39] | just massively overpriced. | 只是太贵了 |
[31:42] | Today was open house number 16. | 今天是第16号房子的开放日 |
[31:45] | Truth is, I’m sort of getting used to not selling it. | 事实上 我有点习惯了卖不出去的情况 |
[31:47] | Means I get to enjoy the view that much longer. | 意味着我能继续欣赏这样的风景 |
[31:51] | It’s gorgeous. | 太美了 |
[31:53] | So what’s up? | 所以 找我有什么事 |
[31:58] | You know all that stuff you read yesterday, | 你还记得你昨天看的那些东西吗 |
[32:00] | the stuff your therapist wrote about you? | 你的心理医生写的关于你的那些东西 |
[32:02] | It really hurt you, didn’t it? | 那真的伤到你了 是吗 |
[32:08] | Oh, I don’t know if hurt is the right word. | 我不确定说”伤到”是否准确 |
[32:11] | But it surprised me. | 但我确实很震惊 |
[32:14] | I shouldn’t have joked about it. | 我不应该拿它开玩笑 |
[32:18] | Here’s the thing: | 我想说的是 |
[32:19] | your dead therapist was a quack. | 你那去世的心理医生是个骗子 |
[32:22] | I am so, so sorry for what happened to her, | 对于发生在她身上的事 我很遗憾 |
[32:24] | but she obviously didn’t get you. | 但是 显然她并不了解你 |
[32:27] | Lin, you read the same notes that I did. | 玲 我们看到的是一样的文件 |
[32:29] | She totally got me. | 她很了解我 |
[32:30] | She saw what everyone sees when they look at you. | 她看到的你跟其他人看到的一样 |
[32:32] | You’re smart, strong, | 你很聪明 坚强 |
[32:34] | funny, driven, | 也很有趣 努力 |
[32:35] | compassionate. | 充满热情 |
[32:37] | She added all that up, and, somehow, | 她把这些综合在一起 然后不知怎的 |
[32:39] | she came up with the one thing you’re not, a mom. | 她想出了一个你没有的角色 一位母亲 |
[32:43] | I’m sorry, but I think that stinks. | 不好意思 我觉得这太扯了 |
[32:47] | Everything she saw in you that matters, | 她在你身上看到的那些重要品质 |
[32:50] | all your best qualities, | 那些你拥有的美好品质 |
[32:52] | they’re not the things that would make you a great mother– | 它们并不会让你成为一个好妈妈 |
[32:56] | they’re the things that do make you a great detective. | 它们会让你成为一名优秀的侦探 |
[33:00] | A great friend. | 一个很好的朋友 |
[33:03] | A great sister. | 一个很棒的姐姐 |
[33:06] | I don’t care what you saw in that file. | 我不在乎你在那份文件里看到了什么 |
[33:08] | If it made you unhappy or feel incomplete somehow, | 如果那些东西让你不开心或者感到残缺 |
[33:11] | you’re crazy. | 那你肯定是疯了 |
[33:13] | You are the most | 你是我见过的 |
[33:15] | complete person I’ve ever met. | 最没有缺憾的人了 |
[33:23] | I-I may have had a glass of wine before you got here. | 可能你来之前我是喝了一杯红酒 |
[33:29] | Do you have one for me, too? | 能给我也来一杯吗 |
[34:00] | Looking for this? | 在找这个吗 |
[34:03] | Mr. Clay. | 克雷先生 |
[34:05] | You know who I am. | 你知道我是谁 |
[34:07] | I put a great deal of pressure on the managing partner | 我今天对一家实力非常强大的会计师事务所的 |
[34:11] | of a very powerful accounting firm today. | 管理合伙人施加了巨大的压力 |
[34:14] | You think I would’ve done so without identifying | 你觉得我这么做之前会不弄清 |
[34:15] | the firm’s fixer beforehand? | 这家事务所的清道夫是谁吗 |
[34:19] | So did Sydney Place | 所以西德尼·普莱斯 |
[34:21] | send you with a recording of Candace Reed’s murder? | 给了你一段坎迪丝·里德被杀时的录音吗 |
[34:23] | Or… did you come to fix me? | 还是你是来处理我这个麻烦的 |
[34:27] | Well, I don’t have a recording for you. | 我手上没有你要的录音 |
[34:30] | I do have… | 但我有 |
[34:32] | these. | 这个 |
[34:40] | Jane Austen On Ice. | 《冰上的简·奥斯汀》 |
[34:41] | It’s even worse than it sounds. | 表演本身比这名字更糟 |
[34:44] | But my baby girl loves to skate. | 但我女儿非常喜欢滑冰 |
[34:47] | Now you know where I was when Dr. Reed was killed. | 现在你知道里德医生被杀时我在哪了 |
[34:50] | So you’ve broken into my home | 所以你闯进我家 |
[34:52] | to confess that you’re a good father. | 就为了跟我坦诚你是位好父亲 |
[34:56] | Is that supposed to prove | 这能证明你的老板 |
[34:57] | that your boss wasn’t involved? ‘Cause, in my experience, | 并未牵涉其中吗 因为根据我的经验 |
[34:59] | a man like Sydney Place | 像西德尼·普莱斯这样的人 |
[35:01] | knows more than one goon. | 认识的清道夫绝对不止一个 |
[35:03] | If Sydney was involved, I would know it. | 如果西德尼和这案子有关 我肯定会知道的 |
[35:06] | Believe that. | 请相信这一点 |
[35:10] | Alfonse Kapoor was sharing corporate secrets | 阿尔方索·卡普尔和他的心理医生 |
[35:12] | with his therapist. | 分享了商业机密 |
[35:14] | If word got out that Foster & Place had a leak… | 如果福派会计事务所被传出走漏了商业机密 |
[35:17] | We’d be screwed. Obviously. | 那我们就完蛋了 很显然 |
[35:19] | That’s why we bugged her office. | 所以我们监听了她的办公室 |
[35:21] | But that’s all we did. | 但我们所做的仅此而已 |
[35:33] | Dr. Reed wasn’t acting on the tips Alfonse gave her, | 里德医生并没有利用阿尔方索告诉她的内幕消息 |
[35:36] | and she didn’t pass them on to her friends. | 她也没有把这些消息泄露给她的朋友们 |
[35:39] | There was no leak. | 机密并没有走漏出去 |
[35:41] | She took his secrets to her grave. | 她把这些机密带进了坟墓 |
[35:44] | Well, prove it. | 那就证明给我看 |
[35:45] | Provide me with an audio recording of her murder. | 把她被杀时的录音提供给我 |
[35:48] | I can’t. I destroyed it days ago. | 这我做不到 几天前我就把录音销毁了 |
[35:51] | You destroyed evidence of a murder. | 你销毁了一起谋杀案的证据 |
[35:53] | I destroyed evidence of my crime, | 我销毁了我自己监听她办公室的 |
[35:56] | bugging her office. | 违法犯罪证据 |
[35:59] | That’s the other reason I came here. | 这也是我来这里的另一个原因 |
[36:01] | To tell you there was nothing on the tape | 来告诉你录音里没有什么信息 |
[36:02] | that would help you identify the killer. | 能帮你确定凶手身份 |
[36:05] | So you listened to it? | 所以你听过那段录音了 |
[36:09] | And what did you hear? | 你听到了什么 |
[36:11] | I just told you– nothing that’s gonna help… | 我刚说了 没什么能帮你… |
[36:13] | I’ll be the judge of that. | 这点由我自己来判断 |
[36:15] | 30 minutes after her last patient left. | 送走最后一位病人三十分钟后 |
[36:17] | I think she was getting ready to go. | 我觉得她是准备好下班了 |
[36:20] | I heard a door open, | 我听到办公室的门打开了 |
[36:21] | and he was just on her. | 然后他就杀害了她 |
[36:24] | She couldn’t even scream. | 她甚至都来不及尖叫 |
[36:26] | She went fast, but… | 她当即就死了 但是 |
[36:28] | he just kept stabbing and stabbing. | 他依然不停地拿刀捅她 |
[36:33] | Never said anything? | 什么也没说吗 |
[36:34] | Oh, he did. At the end, after he was done. | 他说了 在最后他终于停手后 |
[36:37] | But it was just gibberish. | 但只是些胡言乱语 |
[36:42] | Sounded like… | 听起来像… |
[36:48] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[36:52] | You’re sure that’s what he said? | 你确定这是他说的原话吗 |
[36:53] | I probably listened to it a hundred times. | 我大概听了得有一百遍 |
[36:56] | That mean something to you? | 你明白这话的意思吗 |
[36:58] | It means three things, actually. | 这实际意味着三件事 |
[37:00] | One, you’re an imbecile, | 一 你是个蠢货 |
[37:02] | ’cause there was something important on that tape. | 因为录音里确实有重要信息 |
[37:04] | Two, I think I know who killed Dr. Reed. | 二 我应该知道是谁杀害了里德医生了 |
[37:08] | And what’s the third thing? | 那第三是什么 |
[37:10] | I can show you this now. | 我现在可以给你看这个了 |
[37:12] | I’ve been making a recording of our conversation. | 我把我们俩的对话都录下来了 |
[37:15] | Now, if you don’t leave my home, | 如果你现在不立即离开我家 |
[37:18] | it, too, will end in a murder. | 这段录音也会以谋杀收场 |
[37:23] | Just not mine. | 不过死的那个人不是我 |
[37:36] | Sorry, Alfonse, we’re gonna have to cut this session short. | 抱歉 阿尔方索 我们得打断这次治疗了 |
[37:39] | We got much to talk about. | 我们有很多事要聊聊 |
[37:41] | What is this? What’s going on? | 这是干什么 什么情况 |
[37:42] | This is what we call | 这就是我们所说的 |
[37:43] | questioning a suspect in a homicide. | 对谋杀案嫌犯进行质询 |
[37:45] | If you’ll excuse us? | 请你回避好吗 |
[37:54] | Oh, you might want to stay close. | 你最好别走太远 |
[37:55] | This man’s about to need a lot more therapy. | 这家伙之后将需要大量的心理治疗 |
[37:57] | I-I don’t understand. | 我 我不明白 |
[37:58] | Sydney told me that he spoke with you. | 西德尼跟我说他和你们聊过了 |
[38:00] | He told you where I was the other night. | 他跟你们说了我那晚的行踪 |
[38:03] | Is he watching? | 他在外面看吗 |
[38:05] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[38:05] | He’s very curious. | 他非常好奇 |
[38:07] | What? | 什么 |
[38:08] | Apologies, Alfonse. | 抱歉 阿尔方索 |
[38:09] | You’re not a suspect. | 你不是嫌疑人 |
[38:10] | Dr. Demopoulos is. | 泽莫普洛斯医生才是 |
[38:12] | This is not an interrogation, | 这不是一次审问 |
[38:13] | It’s a piece of theatre. | 而是一场戏 |
[38:15] | We want him to think that we think that you’re the killer. | 我们想让他认为我们觉得你是凶手 |
[38:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:20] | I will explain, I just need you to look afraid, | 我稍后解释 现在我需要你表现出害怕的样子 |
[38:21] | like I’m accusing you of something. | 仿佛我在指控你之类的 |
[38:28] | Last night, I was approached by | 昨晚 一位听见了案发过程的证人 |
[38:30] | an earwitness to the murder. | 找上了我 |
[38:32] | He didn’t want to reveal himself to the police, unfortunately, | 不幸的是他不愿向警方透露自己的身份 |
[38:35] | but he did tell me that he heard the killer say something. | 但他告诉我凶手说了一些话 |
[38:40] | It’s Greek. | 这是希腊语 |
[38:41] | It means memory eternal. | 它表示记忆永恒 |
[38:43] | It’s a phrase you might be familiar with if you grew up | 小时候经常参加传统希腊葬礼的人 |
[38:45] | going to Greek Orthodox funerals. | 会很熟悉这句话 |
[38:47] | As Dr. Demopoulos, being of Greek immigrant parents, | 泽莫普洛斯医生作为一个希腊移民的父母 |
[38:50] | often did. | 常会参加这种葬礼 |
[38:51] | S-So? That doesn’t prove anything. | 所以呢 这不能证明任何事 |
[38:53] | I said the same thing. | 我也是这么说的 |
[38:55] | But then, Mr. Holmes told me | 但后来福尔摩斯先生告诉我 |
[38:56] | you have a bad habit of sharing insider information | 你有个坏习惯 会跟你的心理医生 |
[38:59] | with your therapists. | 透露内部消息 |
[39:01] | Something to do with transference or something? | 好像是移情的一种方式什么的 |
[39:03] | How-how could you know about that? | 你怎么会知道这些 |
[39:05] | Suffice it to say, if I were you, | 这么说吧 如果我是你 |
[39:06] | I would stop going to see therapists | 我不会再见任何 |
[39:07] | who are in buildings owned by Sydney Place. | 在西德尼·普莱斯名下物业工作的心理医生 |
[39:11] | Anyway, the important thing is, | 不管怎样 重要的是 |
[39:13] | Demopoulos came to see you the other day. | 泽莫普洛斯那天来见了你 |
[39:15] | I assume that was not your first session with him? | 我猜那不是你跟他的第一次治疗吧 |
[39:18] | Uh, no. Uh, he and Dr. Reed used to cover each other’s patients. | 不是 他和里德医生经常替对方出诊 |
[39:22] | I saw him a couple of times last year when she was out of town. | 去年里德医生不在时我见过他几次 |
[39:25] | And you did what you always do, right? | 并且你延续了你的一贯作风 是吗 |
[39:28] | Talked about your job, shared information | 谈论你的工作 透漏一些 |
[39:30] | that could be used to profit on the stock market? | 可能被用来在股票市场获利的信息 |
[39:32] | See, he realized you were a golden goose. | 他发现了你是一只能下金蛋的鸡 |
[39:35] | And he wanted you all to himself. | 他想把你占为己有 |
[39:38] | No eye contact with the audience, please. | 请不要和观众有眼神交流 |
[39:40] | Ruins the illusion. | 会破坏效果 |
[39:44] | If everything that you’re saying is true, | 如果你说的都是真的 |
[39:45] | then why are we even doing this? Why don’t you just arrest him? | 那我们还演这些干什么 为什么不直接逮捕他 |
[39:48] | Because. | 因为 |
[39:48] | A couple nights ago, a man named Isaac Marlowe | 两天前 一个名叫艾萨克·马洛的男人 |
[39:51] | called Mr. Holmes and his partner to say | 打电话给福尔摩斯先生和他的搭档 |
[39:53] | he was with Dr. Demopoulos in New Rochelle | 说他在命案发生时 |
[39:55] | at the time of the murder. | 和泽莫普洛斯医生在新罗谢尔 |
[39:56] | Mr. Marlowe, as it turns out, is an investment banker. | 结果发现 马洛先生是一个投资银行家 |
[40:00] | We think he’s partners with the doctor. | 我们认为他在和医生合伙 |
[40:01] | but we can’t prove it, so we’re hoping | 但目前无法证实 所以我们希望 |
[40:03] | that this little performance will encourage the doctor | 这个小小的表演可以促使医生 |
[40:06] | to dig up evidence that we can use. | 去挖出一些我们可用的证据 |
[40:08] | The murder weapon, for example. | 比如说 凶器 |
[40:10] | What do-what do you mean? Why would he do that? | 我不明白 他为什么会那么做 |
[40:12] | Because. | 因为 |
[40:13] | You go down for Dr. Reed’s murder, | 如果你因为里德医生的凶案被捕了 |
[40:15] | you can’t be his meal ticket anymore. | 他就失去了摇钱树 |
[40:17] | You’d lose your job, go to prison. | 你会失去工作 坐牢 |
[40:19] | If he plants evidence on someone else, on the other hand, | 但如果他栽赃给另一个人 |
[40:22] | makes it look like that person killed her, you’re home free. | 使那人看起来像凶手 那你就自由了 |
[40:28] | Dr. Demopoulos is smart. | 泽莫普洛斯医生很聪明 |
[40:31] | You really think he’s gonna fall for this? | 你们真觉得他会上当吗 |
[40:34] | Mm. Why don’t you go and tell him this is gonna take | 不如你去告诉他我们还需要一会儿 |
[40:36] | a little longer and he should go on his way? | 让他先去做自己的事吧 |
[40:44] | I’m not a psychiatrist, Alfonse, but I do know the criminal mind. | 我不是心理医生 但是我了解犯罪心理 |
[40:47] | We’ll give him an hour before he entraps himself. | 不出一小时他就会自己掉入陷阱 |
[40:50] | Two, at the most. | 最多两小时 |
[40:53] | Yeah, Wednesday or Thursday. | 是的 周三或者周四 |
[40:55] | Either of those days should work for me. | 那两天我都没问题 |
[40:58] | Um, can I put you on hold? | 麻烦你稍等一下好吗 |
[41:00] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[41:08] | Hey, come on in. | 请进 |
[41:09] | Hey. Your partner home? | 你搭档在家吗 |
[41:10] | Yes and no. | 在也不在 |
[41:12] | He’s here, but he is floating in a metal box | 他在家 但他浮在一个 |
[41:14] | filled with saltwater. | 充满盐水的铁盒子里 |
[41:15] | Want me to get him for you? | 需要我把他叫出来吗 |
[41:17] | No, I just thought you’d both want to know it’s done. | 不用了 我只想告诉你们我们成功了 |
[41:19] | Dr. Demopoulos was arrested a little while ago. | 不久前泽莫普洛斯医生被捕了 |
[41:22] | So he went for the murder weapon. | 所以他去找凶器了 |
[41:24] | Straight from the hospital. | 离开医院后直奔凶器 |
[41:25] | Two plainclothes officers followed him | 两个便衣警察跟踪他到一个 |
[41:27] | to a dumpster a couple miles from his office building. | 距离他诊所大楼两英里外的垃圾桶 |
[41:30] | Caught him red-handed. | 抓了个现行 |
[41:31] | That’s fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[41:32] | I was headed to the precinct, | 如果你想一起审问他的话 |
[41:34] | if you want to join for the interrogation. | 我正要回警局 |
[41:36] | Do you need me? I just have, like, | 你需要我一起吗 大概还有一小时 |
[41:37] | an hour before I have to pull him out of the tank, | 我得把他从那个水箱里叫出来 |
[41:40] | and I just thought I’d take advantage of the time | 我想利用这段时间 |
[41:42] | to get some of my own work done. | 处理一些私人事务 |
[41:43] | Trust me, I get it. | 相信我 我懂的 |
[41:44] | I wish I could put him in a box sometimes. | 有时我也希望能把他放进一个盒子里 |
[41:47] | – I’ll see you later. – Okay. | -回头见 -好的 |
[41:50] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[41:54] | Hi. All right, thanks for holding. | 你好 不好意思久等了 |
[41:58] | Oh, we were talking about Wednesday or Thursday. | 我们刚才说到周三或周四 |
[42:00] | Uh, no, Tuesday won’t work. | 不 周二不行 |
[42:01] | I have an appointment with another attorney. | 我预约了另一个律师 |
[42:04] | Yes, I’m sure that Mr. Picard is the best, | 是的 我相信皮卡德先生是最出色的 |
[42:06] | but I want to do my due diligence. | 但我想要做到尽善尽美 |
[42:09] | If I decide to do this, I want to make sure I do it right. | 如果我要这么做 我想确保一切正确 |