时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I know you killed Jameel Clark. | 我知道你杀了贾米尔·克拉克 |
[00:04] | He’s worked for months to embed himself in SBK. | 他费了几个月时间深入SBK |
[00:06] | An endeavor I cared more about | 要是不知道他是冷血杀手 |
[00:07] | before I knew he was a cold-blooded killer. | 我也会重视这一事实 |
[00:09] | SBK is a ruthless drug gang. | SBK是个残忍的贩毒团伙 |
[00:12] | You want to know who killed Jameel? | 你想知道谁杀了贾米尔吗? |
[00:14] | SBK killed Jameel. | SBK杀了他 |
[00:15] | You’re looking for someone who killed one person. | 你要找一个杀了一个人的人 |
[00:17] | SBK kills dozens of people a year. | SBK每年会杀无数人 |
[00:20] | I’m gonna take SBK down. | 我要摧毁SBK |
[00:21] | And anybody who get in my way… | 任何阻挡我的人 |
[00:24] | …gonna get hurt. | 都会受到伤害 |
[00:26] | It’s of the highest importance in the art of detection | 侦探艺术中最重要的一点是 |
[00:28] | to be able to recognize, out of a number of facts, | 要能在众多事实中辨认出 |
[00:30] | which are incidental and which are vital. | 哪些是次要的 哪些是真正重要的 |
[00:33] | In this case, the key to the whole matter | 在这个案子中 揭秘整件事的钥匙 |
[00:35] | can be looked for in the scrap of paper | 可以在一个已故男人手里的 |
[00:37] | in the dead man’s hand. | 碎纸屑中找到 |
[00:39] | That little “12” in the corner | 角落那个小小的「12」 |
[00:40] | matches the numbers in your checkbook. | 跟你的支票本上的数字相符 |
[00:42] | You wrote that. | 你写的那张支票 |
[00:43] | More importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[00:45] | you wrote this, | 你还写了这个 |
[00:46] | the rest of the letter the victim was holding. | 这封信剩下的部分在受害人手里 |
[00:49] | We found the shredded pieces of your missive | 我们找到了你的信件的碎片 |
[00:51] | in New York’s Sunset Park recycling facility. | 就在纽约日落公园的回收设施中 |
[00:54] | My partner spent most of last night reconstructing it. | 我的搭档昨晚大部分时间都在拼它 |
[00:57] | I like puzzles. | 我喜欢拼图 |
[00:59] | It’s an offer to pay | 信中提议 |
[01:00] | William Kirwin for his silence. | 给威廉姆·柯文封口费 |
[01:02] | And a pretty flirty one, at that. | 而且还写得挺轻浮的 |
[01:05] | We figure Kirwin witnessed you two breaking into the home | 我们认为柯文看到你俩闯进了 |
[01:08] | of your neighbor, Mr. Acton, | 你们的邻居 阿克顿先生家 |
[01:10] | while he was doing his security patrol. | 当时柯文在巡逻 |
[01:12] | And, instead of calling it in, | 但他没有直接报警 |
[01:14] | he asked for a payout. | 而是要了封口费 |
[01:16] | So you lured him to your home and shot him. | 所以你们把他骗到家里 枪杀了他 |
[01:18] | And tried to make it look like he was killed | 并试图把一切布置得像是他因为 |
[01:20] | interrupting another break-in. | 打断了一场入室抢劫而被杀 |
[01:24] | Alex shot him. | 埃里克斯开的枪 |
[01:26] | Give me a deal and I’ll give you the gun. | 给我协议 我就告诉你们枪在哪儿 |
[01:28] | June, what the hell? | 琼 你搞什么 |
[01:38] | 辛维尔 需要见面 很重要 | |
[01:40] | That business was a bad one. | 刚才那交易可不怎么样 |
[01:44] | Something amiss? | 有什么不对吗 |
[01:46] | Oh, no, um, it’s just my mom, | 没 只是我妈 |
[01:47] | reminding me about, uh, coffee tomorrow. | 提醒我明天一起喝咖啡 |
[01:58] | Test, test. | 测试 |
[02:12] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:14] | You got this. | 你没问题的 |
[03:08] | Got you. | 抓到你了 |
[03:23] | That is curious. | 这很不寻常 |
[03:24] | Marcus said the victim had a paintball gun on her. | 马库斯说受害人身上有彩弹枪 |
[03:27] | Which is odd in itself. | 这也很不寻常 |
[03:29] | I was commenting on the nature of the paint. | 但我说的是这颜料的质地 |
[03:32] | Paintball pellets are filled with water-soluble dyes. | 彩弹里装的是水溶性颜料 |
[03:35] | They create bright stains, | 它们会形成明亮的印迹 |
[03:36] | but they’re still easy to wash off skin and clothes. | 但还是很容易就能从衣服或皮肤上洗掉 |
[03:39] | But none of this dye came off on my finger. | 但这些染料都没从我的手指上脱落 |
[03:41] | This is Disperse Red 9. | 这个是分散红9号 |
[03:44] | That’s the stuff in dye packs that banks use | 这是银行遭遇抢劫时 |
[03:46] | when they’re being robbed, right? | 为做记号会使用的那种染料包吧 |
[03:48] | This is the very opposite of washable. | 这种染料非常难洗 |
[03:50] | Anything hit by one of these pellets | 任何被这种彩弹打到的印迹 |
[03:51] | would be stained for days, if not weeks. | 就算用不了几周 起码也几天消不了 |
[03:54] | Doesn’t sound like something you could buy commercially. | 听着不像是市面上能随便买到的 |
[03:57] | Maybe a custom order? | 或许是专门定制的 |
[03:58] | As I said, curious. | 如我所说 不寻常 |
[04:03] | Body’s through here. Ready to take a look? | 尸体在这边 要过来看看吗 |
[04:09] | Unis found her after responding to a shots fired. | 警察在接到枪响报案后 发现了她 |
[04:12] | She took a shotgun blast to the chest, | 她胸前中了一枪 |
[04:15] | close range. | 近距离开的枪 |
[04:16] | Buckshot? | 大号铅弹 |
[04:17] | Double-aught. Shooter meant business. | 双当量 凶手是认真的 |
[04:20] | No ID on the body, probably taken by the killer, | 尸体上没有身份证明 可能被凶手拿走了 |
[04:23] | so for now, she’s a Jane Doe. | 所以目前来说 她是个无名氏 |
[04:27] | So… | 所以 |
[04:28] | these are spent paintball casings. | 这些是用过的彩弹弹壳 |
[04:31] | She fired a paintball gun at someone. | 她冲某人打了彩弹 |
[04:33] | Then her target returned fire with a shotgun. | 然后她打的那人冲她回了真枪实弹 |
[04:36] | It’s a pity the killer also took her body camera | 很遗憾 凶手把她身上的摄像机拿走了 |
[04:38] | or we could’ve actually seen what happened. | 不然我们就能看到到底发生了什么 |
[04:40] | How do you know she was wearing a body camera? | 你怎么知道她戴了随身摄像机 |
[04:43] | This indentation here, | 这里的凹痕 |
[04:44] | it’s the exact size and shape | 和当下流行的夹子式 |
[04:46] | of a popular body camera clip-on mount. | 随身摄像机的大小形状完全相符 |
[04:49] | Also, this is the charger for such a device. | 另外 这是这类设备的充电器 |
[04:52] | Well, if you’re right, got to think the killer | 如果你是对的 不得不考虑是凶手 |
[04:53] | didn’t want to leave behind video of what he’d done. | 不想留下记录了他行为的视频 |
[04:56] | There’s more. | 不止如此 |
[04:58] | The victim’s shirt has absorbed the blood unevenly. | 受害者衬衫上的血液吸收不均匀 |
[05:00] | It’s more soaked in areas of excessive wear. | 过度磨损的地方血液更多 |
[05:03] | And the wear pattern is distinctive. | 而这种穿着模式很特殊 |
[05:07] | Sort of like a vest. | 有点像背心 |
[05:08] | I submit the one which once abraded the shirt | 我认为磨损衬衫的 |
[05:11] | was of the bulletproof-variety. | 是防弹背心 |
[05:14] | It also appears she often wore a shoulder holster, | 她好像还经常戴着挂肩枪套 |
[05:16] | and note her hairstyle– it’s off the neck, | 注意她的发型 盘在脖子以上 |
[05:18] | and she’s not wearing any earrings. | 而且她没有戴耳环 |
[05:21] | You know what? Her fingernails were cut short | 你们看 她的指甲很短 |
[05:22] | and painted a neutral color; | 而且涂着无色指甲油 |
[05:24] | tactical boots; she’s law enforcement. | 还有战术皮靴 她是执法人员 |
[05:26] | Active, too, or why keep up the grooming standard? | 而且是在职的 否则为何要遵守着装规定 |
[05:29] | The FBI’s NGI database has the fingerprints | 联调局的数据库中 |
[05:31] | of anyone who’s ever applied for a job in law enforcement, | 有所有应聘过执法部门的人员指纹 |
[05:33] | so it shouldn’t take long to get a match. | 所以应该很快就能找到匹配 |
[05:35] | I’ll get someone on it. | 我去找人做 |
[05:37] | I should get going, too. | 我也该走了 |
[05:38] | Let me know if you get a positive ID. | 查出身份的话告诉我 |
[05:49] | Yeah, it’s her. | 对 就是她 |
[05:52] | It’s Chief Vlasik. | 是弗拉西克局长 |
[05:55] | Sorry for your loss. | 深表遗憾 |
[05:58] | Any idea what a small-town New Jersey police chief | 新泽西一个小镇的警察局长 |
[06:01] | is doing running around New York | 为什么会拿着一把彩弹枪 |
[06:02] | with a paintball gun? | 在纽约乱跑 |
[06:03] | None. | 不知道 |
[06:05] | Choice of weaponry aside, | 先不说她的武器 |
[06:07] | can you think of anyone who would’ve wanted her dead? | 你能想到有谁想让她死吗 |
[06:09] | No. Nanette was good people. | 没有 纳内特是个好人 |
[06:12] | Everyone liked her. | 大家都喜欢她 |
[06:13] | Any chance this was about police business? | 这有没有可能跟警察工作有关 |
[06:16] | It’s hard see how. | 很难看出联系 |
[06:17] | She’s out of her jurisdiction, | 她不在她的辖区 |
[06:18] | no gun, no vest, no backup. | 没有枪 没有防弹背心和后援 |
[06:22] | Cypress Grove is a quiet town. | 柏树林是个安静的小镇 |
[06:24] | She spent most of her time writing speeding tickets. | 她的大部分工作就是开超速罚单 |
[06:26] | How did she seem at the office yesterday? | 她昨天在办公室表现如何 |
[06:29] | I hadn’t seen her in a couple weeks. | 我已经几周没见她了 |
[06:31] | As far as I knew, she was on vacation with the kids, | 据我所知 她和孩子们在度假 |
[06:34] | visiting family in California. | 在加利福尼亚探亲 |
[06:36] | Called her sister on the way here, | 我在来的路上给她妹妹打了电话 |
[06:37] | the kids are safe in San Diego, but her sister told me | 孩子们在圣地亚哥很安全 但她妹妹告诉我 |
[06:40] | they all thought the chief was still in Cypress Grove, working. | 他们都以为局长还在柏树林镇工作 |
[06:44] | So she sent her children away | 那就是她把孩子们送走了 |
[06:45] | and then she lied to them and you | 然后跟他们和你谎报了 |
[06:47] | about what she was up to. | 她的去处 |
[06:49] | Was she behaving erratically in the days leading up to her… | 她在休假之前那几天 |
[06:52] | supposed vacation? | 有什么不寻常的表现吗 |
[06:54] | Did you notice any atypical behavior? | 你注意到了任何异常行为吗 |
[06:56] | A few weeks ago, she, uh, spent an afternoon with her lawyer, | 几周前 她跟她的律师待了一下午 |
[06:59] | going over some documents. | 在看一些文件 |
[07:00] | When I asked what it was about, she dodged the question. | 当我问起的时候 她回避了问题 |
[07:03] | But she seemed… | 但她看起来… |
[07:04] | I don’t know… excited. | 我不知道 有点兴奋 |
[07:08] | That’s all I got. | 我只知道这些 |
[07:15] | You came. | 你来了 |
[07:17] | Your text said it was important. | 你的短信说这事很重要 |
[07:20] | About me and Sherlock… | 关于我和夏洛克… |
[07:22] | If you brought me here to apologize, you can save it. | 如果你叫我来是为了道歉 那不必了 |
[07:25] | I know who you are, now. I know what you are. | 我现在知道你是谁 也知道你是什么人了 |
[07:27] | I’m only here because i’m a consultant for the police, | 我来这只是因为我是警方的顾问 |
[07:30] | and you’re an informant inside a gang, that’s it. | 而你是黑帮内部的线人 仅此而已 |
[07:34] | Then I’ll get to it. | 那我就直说吧 |
[07:35] | I’m hitting a roadblock. | 我遇到了障碍 |
[07:37] | I got a whole lot of evidence | 我收集到大把证据 |
[07:38] | against SBK’s rank and file. | 能指证SBK的普通成员 |
[07:41] | But nothing on the leadership, | 但没有关于领导者的证据 |
[07:43] | the big rollers, ’cause I have no access. | 我无法接近那些领头的 |
[07:47] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:48] | They got me reporting to a lieutenant, | 他们让我向一个副官汇报 |
[07:50] | G-Knot. | G点 |
[07:52] | Real name, DaMarco Bridger. | 真名叫达马科·布里吉尔 |
[07:55] | He won’t let his people | 他不让他的人 |
[07:56] | meet with leadership directly, | 直接跟领导见面 |
[07:58] | you got to report to him. | 必须向他汇报 |
[08:00] | So I need him gone. | 所以我需要他消失 |
[08:02] | Not gone-gone, but I need him put away. | 不是死了那种消失 但我需要把他赶走 |
[08:06] | If police move on an SBK lieutenant, | 如果警方对SBK的副官下手 |
[08:10] | they might start to worry they’ve been compromised. | 他们可能会觉得自己被盯上了 |
[08:13] | They would… if you take him out on gang business. | 如果你因为帮派的事抓他 他们确实会怀疑 |
[08:16] | Thing is, he got a side job. | 关键是他还有份兼职 |
[08:18] | Low-rent murder for hire. | 他是个廉价杀手 |
[08:20] | I heard a guy had him strangle his ex-wife, | 我听说有人雇他勒死了自己的前妻 |
[08:23] | and another guy | 还有另一个人 |
[08:24] | had him run over his business partner, | 雇他撞死了自己的生意合伙人 |
[08:26] | and the police didn’t look at him in either case. | 而这两个案子警察都没查到他 |
[08:31] | But you’re hoping I could tie him to one or the other. | 但你想让我把他跟这两个案子联系起来 |
[08:34] | If you take Bridger off the streets, | 如果你把布里吉尔弄走 |
[08:38] | then I have a direct line to the top dogs at SBK. | 那我就能直接跟SBK的领导联络 |
[08:41] | And I can take them down for good. | 然后我就能彻底铲除他们 |
[08:46] | We got these from Nanette Vlasik’s lawyer. | 纳内特·弗拉西克的律师给了我们这些 |
[08:48] | A contract between Chief Vlasik and your production company | 一份弗拉西克局长和你们制片公司 |
[08:51] | for her to participate on a game show? | 签订的参加游戏节目的合同 |
[08:53] | Uh, Moving Targets isn’t a game show, | 「移动标靶」不是游戏节目 |
[08:54] | it’s a competition reality series. | 是竞技真人秀 |
[08:56] | The term “reality television” | 「真人电视」这个词 |
[08:58] | is practically Orwellian, isn’t it? | 其实是很讽刺的 不是吗 |
[09:00] | I mean, you take would-be actors, | 你们找些想当演员的人 |
[09:02] | you put them in manufactured situations | 把他们放进设计好的情境里 |
[09:04] | and then you carefully shape a narrative | 然后你们从几百小时的录像中 |
[09:06] | from hundreds of hours of footage, | 仔细地塑造一个故事 |
[09:08] | all to create such groundbreaking fare | 一切都是为了取得突破性的业绩 |
[09:10] | as Lil’ Catwalk, | 比如「利尔猫步」 |
[09:12] | Dog Lawyers, | 「小狗律师」 |
[09:13] | and That’s Nasty. | 以及「真讨厌」 |
[09:15] | You’re entitled to your opinion. | 你有权持有自己的看法 |
[09:17] | So, from the title of your show and the custom paintballs | 根据你们节目的名称以及在犯罪现场 |
[09:20] | found at the crime scene, | 发现的定制彩弹 |
[09:21] | I’m guessing it’s some kind of people-hunting-people, | 我猜这是个互相追捕杀人的游戏吧 |
[09:23] | Most Dangerous Game kind of thing? | 就像「最危险的游戏」那样 |
[09:25] | Yeah, it’s basically hide-and-seek. | 是的 就类似捉迷藏 |
[09:27] | We started with 30 contestants, | 一开始有30个参赛者 |
[09:28] | we give them each the name of a rival and a paintball gun, | 我们给他们每人一个对手的名字和一把彩弹枪 |
[09:31] | we told them to hunt down, shoot their target, | 让他们追捕各自的对手 然后击中他们 |
[09:34] | while avoiding whoever might be hunting them. | 同时还要避免被别人追杀 |
[09:36] | Yeah, the Disperse Red 9, that was my idea. | 对 用分散红9号是我的主意 |
[09:38] | Wanted to make sure if someone got shot, | 如果有人被射中 |
[09:39] | they couldn’t just wash away the evidence. | 要确保他们没办法洗去证据 |
[09:41] | I recorded a segment about it, if you guys want to see it. | 如果你们想看的话 我还录了一段 |
[09:44] | Jake isn’t just a producer on the show, he’s also the host. | 杰克不仅是节目的制片人 也是主持人 |
[09:46] | So I’m guessing when someone eliminates a competitor, | 那么我猜 如果有选手消灭了一个对手 |
[09:49] | they take on that person’s target? | 他就将接手这名对手原本的目标 |
[09:51] | Yeah, and on and on until there’s only one contestant left. | 是的 这样一直持续下去直到只剩一个人 |
[09:54] | Last one standing gets $1 million. | 撑到最后的人可以获得一百万奖金 |
[09:57] | Well, we’re pretty sure Nanette Vlasik was wearing a body camera | 我们很确定纳内特·弗拉西克被杀时 |
[10:00] | when she was shot, but it’s missing. | 戴着随身摄像机 但却找不到了 |
[10:02] | I don’t suppose there was also a film crew recording last night? | 我想昨晚应该没有摄制组录像吧 |
[10:05] | No, unlike your average competition show, | 没有 不像普通的比赛节目 |
[10:07] | we don’t- we don’t have any film crews. | 我们没有 我们没有任何摄制组 |
[10:08] | The competitors, | 选手们 |
[10:09] | they shoot their own footage using the body cameras. | 通过自己身上的摄像机来拍摄 |
[10:11] | “Reality unfettered,” that’s our catchphrase. | 「现实无限制」 这是我们的口号 |
[10:13] | We give them cell phones | 我们给了他们手机 |
[10:15] | for emergency contact, but otherwise, | 用于紧急联系 但除此之外 |
[10:18] | they’re on their own. | 他们就只能靠自己了 |
[10:19] | So how was Vlasik doing on the show? | 弗拉西克在节目中表现得怎么样 |
[10:21] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:22] | Really good. With her police training, | 非常好 她受过警察的专业训练 |
[10:24] | she’d already eliminated three other contestants. | 她已经干掉了三名选手 |
[10:26] | Now, she was, she was looking like one of our favorites. | 她算是 算是最受喜爱的选手之一 |
[10:29] | A million dollars is a pretty strong motive for murder. | 一百万足以让人起杀机了 |
[10:32] | Are you suggesting that Chief Vlasik’s last target | 你是说弗拉西克局长最后的目标 |
[10:35] | is a likely person to have killed her? | 可能就是杀她的凶手 |
[10:37] | She tags him with a paintball, | 她用彩弹打中了他 |
[10:38] | he murders her to avoid elimination. | 而他杀了她从而避免被淘汰 |
[10:41] | So who was Chief Vlasik hunting? | 所以弗拉西克局长追捕的是谁呢 |
[10:44] | This is Nanette’s current target, | 这是纳内特现在的目标 |
[10:45] | Dr. Charles Eriyo. | 查尔斯·伊力欧医生 |
[10:47] | He’s an ER resident at Chandler Memorial. | 他是钱德勒医院的急诊医生 |
[10:50] | He’s also a vegetarian, a church-goer, | 他也是个素食主义者 信教 |
[10:52] | and he volunteers with the homeless in his free time. | 还会在空闲时间志愿帮助无家可归的人 |
[10:54] | We call contestants like him “Dudleys,” | 我们称他这种人是「达德利」 |
[10:57] | as in Dudley Do-Right. | 「铁骑惊魂」里的那个人物 |
[10:59] | Yeah, it’s hard to imagine him doing what you think he did. | 是的 很难想象他能做出你们想的那种事 |
[11:01] | But we’ll give you whatever we have on him. | 不过我们会把他所有的资料发给你们 |
[11:17] | How is Shinwell? | 辛维尔怎么样 |
[11:19] | – Excuse me? – Shinwell. | -什么 -辛维尔 |
[11:22] | Shinwell Johnson. Sleepy-eyed gang informant, | 辛维尔·约翰逊 睡眼惺忪的帮派卧底 |
[11:25] | chess aficionado, murderer– ring any bells? | 国际象棋迷 谋杀犯 想起来了吗 |
[11:27] | You saw the text I got last night. | 你看到昨晚我收到的短信了 |
[11:29] | I did not. | 没有 |
[11:31] | You and your mother typically caffeinate | 你和你母亲通常去 |
[11:33] | at a coffee shop in Manhattan. | 曼哈顿的咖啡店喝咖啡 |
[11:34] | You and Shinwell, on the other hand, | 然而你和辛维尔 |
[11:36] | like to meet at a coffee bar in Bergen Beach. | 则喜欢去卑尔根海滩的咖啡吧 |
[11:38] | The shop’s signature blend has a high percentage of Sumatran beans, | 那家店的招牌是使用大量苏门答腊咖啡豆 |
[11:41] | and that distinctive, pervasive scent wafted my way | 而你一脱下大衣 这种独特的气味 |
[11:44] | as soon as you took off your coat. | 就扑面而来了 |
[11:48] | He said it was important. | 他说有重要的事 |
[11:50] | I’m not a child. | 我不是小孩子 |
[11:52] | You needn’t keep such appointments from me. | 你不需要瞒着我这种事 |
[11:53] | A street gang needs dismantling, | 要打垮这个帮派组织 |
[11:55] | and he is, for better or worse, the best way to do that. | 不管怎样 他的确是最佳人选 |
[11:58] | I’ve come to terms with the situation. | 为此我愿意让步 |
[12:04] | So how’s it going here? | 这边怎么样 |
[12:05] | Did the police find that doctor you texted me about? | 你短信告诉我的那个医生 警方找到他了吗 |
[12:08] | No. Dr. Eriyo is not answering the phone | 没有 伊力欧医生不接电话 |
[12:10] | given to him by the producers of the show | 就是他和弗拉西克局长参与的那个节目的 |
[12:12] | that he and Chief Vlasik were participating in. | 剧目组发给他们的手机 |
[12:15] | And as it turns out, | 原来 |
[12:16] | he’s quite skilled at hiding in an open environment. | 他很擅长在开放环境中隐藏自己 |
[12:19] | That is not surprising, | 鉴于我对他的一些发现 |
[12:20] | given what I uncovered about him. | 这也并不奇怪 |
[12:26] | All this on Dr. Eriyo? | 这都是关于伊力欧医生的 |
[12:28] | Turned out to be a bit of a mystery in his own right. | 他自己其实就挺神秘的 |
[12:30] | His official record is laudable. | 他的官方记录很优秀 |
[12:33] | He grew up in a Ugandan refugee camp. | 他从小在乌干达的难民营长大 |
[12:35] | He came to the U.S. when he was 19, | 19岁时由于一个教会组织的赞助 |
[12:37] | thanks to a church group sponsorship. | 来到了美国 |
[12:39] | Summa cum laude at university, | 以最优异的成绩从大学毕业 |
[12:41] | then went on to medical school, | 然后去了医学院 |
[12:43] | where he graduated top of his class. | 并以班里第一名的成绩毕业 |
[12:45] | He now specializes in emergency medicine | 他现在专攻急诊医学 |
[12:48] | at one of New York’s top teaching hospitals. | 在纽约最顶尖的一所教学医院任职 |
[12:51] | I’m sensing a “but.” | 应该还有个「但是」 |
[12:52] | Well, it’s all built on a lie. | 这都是建立在谎言上的 |
[12:55] | The producers of Moving Targets provided us | 「移动标靶」 的制作人给我们提供了 |
[12:56] | with all of the footage they had on Dr. Eriyo. | 所有关于伊力欧医生的影像资料 |
[12:59] | Not just gameplay, but also video from a meet and greet, | 不仅是游戏环节 还有见面欢迎会的 |
[13:04] | where the players went over the rules, | 所有的玩家一起了解规则 |
[13:05] | got to meet one another. There was also this. | 互相见个面 还有这个 |
[13:09] | Ms. Wyngold wanted them all to look their best, | 薇恩格德女士想让他们更加上镜 |
[13:11] | so she gave them makeovers– | 所以她给他们化妆 |
[13:13] | haircuts, new clothes, that kind of thing. | 剪头发 新衣服 这一套事情 |
[13:14] | This is from Dr. Eriyo’s wardrobe fitting. | 这是伊力欧医生试衣服的画面 |
[13:20] | Those scars, they look decorative. | 那些伤疤 看起来是装饰用的 |
[13:22] | Ritual scarification, whilst on the wane, | 祭祀仪式 虽然已逐渐衰落 |
[13:24] | is still practiced by some rural African populations. | 但有些非洲村落仍在沿用 |
[13:27] | These scars identify Dr. Eriyo | 这些伤疤证明伊力欧医生 |
[13:29] | as a member of the Karamojong tribe. | 是卡拉莫乔部落的一员 |
[13:31] | But there are other scars as well. | 但上边还有其他疤痕 |
[13:35] | Old bullet wounds. | 老枪伤 |
[13:37] | This long one is from a panga. | 这个长的来自非洲大砍刀 |
[13:41] | It’s an East African machete. | 是东非的一种大砍刀 |
[13:43] | A curious collection of damage, for sure. | 绝对是一种很不寻常的伤痕 |
[13:46] | The last time it was described | 上一次这些疤痕被描述出来 |
[13:48] | was 15 years ago, on this wanted poster. | 是十五年前 这份通缉令上 |
[13:52] | “Akello Akeny, A.K.A. The Ghost of Gulu.” | 「阿凯拉·阿科尼 又名古卢幽灵」 |
[13:57] | Same facial features, | 同样的面部特征 |
[13:59] | same list of scars. | 同样的伤疤列表 |
[14:01] | He and Dr. Eriyo are the same person. | 他和伊力欧医生是同一个人 |
[14:03] | We thought we were looking for a sore loser on a game show. | 我们以为在找一个游戏真人秀上的愤恨失败者 |
[14:06] | It turns out our quarry used to be a child soldier | 结果我们的猎物曾经是名童兵 |
[14:09] | in a rebel militia called Heaven’s Shining Army. | 在天堂闪耀武装反抗组织中服役 |
[14:12] | Whilst he was almost certainly an unwilling conscript, | 虽然他肯定是违背意愿被征召的 |
[14:15] | he did lead a death squad responsible for hundreds | 但他确实带领了一个死亡小队 |
[14:18] | of murders in and around the Ugandan city of Gulu. | 在乌干达的古卢屠杀了数百人 |
[14:22] | I mean, in all our years together, Watson, | 华生 我们一起这么多年 |
[14:24] | we may never have seen a more accomplished killer. | 可能从没遇见过这么娴熟的杀手 |
[14:34] | A reality show managed to cast a war criminal | 一个真人秀居然请了一个战争罪犯 |
[14:37] | as one of their contestants? | 来当他们的参赛者 |
[14:39] | Well, it’s more complicated than that. | 比这个更复杂些 |
[14:41] | Akeny was a child soldier, | 阿科尼曾经是童兵 |
[14:43] | so, obviously there’s a great deal of coercion, et cetera, | 所以他们的行为显然有很大一部分 |
[14:46] | involved in their actions. | 强迫因素之类的 |
[14:47] | Unlike the many Nazis who came here | 不像很多在二战后 |
[14:49] | after the Second World War, | 来到这里的纳粹 |
[14:50] | he is no longer wanted for the crimes | 他不再因为在乌干达犯下的罪行 |
[14:52] | he committed in Uganda. | 而受到通缉了 |
[14:53] | It turns out the Ugandan government | 原来乌干达政府 |
[14:55] | recently signed a treaty | 最近与阿科尼的军队 |
[14:56] | with Akello’s militia that included an amnesty clause. | 签了份条约 其中包括大赦条款 |
[15:00] | So as far as they’re concerned, he’s free and clear, | 所以对于他们来说 他是自由且干净的 |
[15:02] | and they don’t want him back. | 他们也不想让他回去 |
[15:04] | You issue a want card? | 你发通缉卡了吗 |
[15:05] | I also had TARU ping the cell phone | 我还让技术部门追踪「移动标靶」 |
[15:07] | the Moving Targets gave him, but there was no signal. | 给他的手机 但没找到信号 |
[15:10] | The last time it connected to a tower was near Chelsea Piers. | 最后一次与通讯塔连接是在切尔西码头 |
[15:13] | You think he threw it in the Hudson River? | 你觉得他把它扔进哈德逊河了吗 |
[15:15] | So… | 所以… |
[15:17] | anyone know how to catch a ghost? | 有人知道怎么抓住一只鬼吗 |
[15:19] | I have a notion. | 我有个想法 |
[15:22] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[15:25] | All right, great job, guys. | 好了 干得好 各位 |
[15:27] | Left to right, split stretch. | 从左到右 劈叉拉伸 |
[15:30] | Ten times, let’s go. | 十次 开始吧 |
[15:32] | Bo, same direction as everyone else. | 波 和别人一个方向 |
[15:35] | Detective Acosta… | 阿克斯塔警探 |
[15:36] | Oh, you Wendell’s mom? | 你是温德尔的妈妈吗 |
[15:38] | Uh, I’m Joan Watson. | 我是乔恩·华生 |
[15:40] | I work as a consultant for Captain Gregson at the 11th. | 我在11警区给格雷森警监当顾问 |
[15:43] | I’m sorry to bother you on your day off. | 很抱歉在你放假的时候打扰你 |
[15:44] | You caught the Veah Hayes murder case, right? | 你是负责维雅·海耶斯谋杀案的对吧 |
[15:47] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[15:48] | I may have a lead. | 我可能有个线索 |
[15:50] | First guys on the scene thought it was an attempted rape. | 首先到现场的人认为是强奸未遂 |
[15:54] | She fought back, attacker strangled her. | 她反抗了 袭击者掐死了她 |
[15:57] | My bosses pushed it as a serial. | 我上头将这认作是连环谋杀 |
[15:59] | Tried to connect it to that case in Kissena Park– | 想跟辛纳公园那起案子联系起来 |
[16:02] | the jogger– but I wasn’t so sure. | 那个跑步的 但我不是很确定 |
[16:04] | Looks like you talked to the ex-husband a few times? | 看起来你和那个前夫谈了几次 |
[16:06] | Yeah. Ezra Hayes. | 是的 伊斯拉·海耶斯 |
[16:08] | Veah was suing him for unpaid alimony. | 维雅以不付赡养费为由起诉他 |
[16:10] | But the night of the murder, | 但谋杀案当晚 |
[16:10] | Ezra was working in one of his bodegas across town. | 伊斯拉在城对面他的一家酒吧里工作 |
[16:14] | And he wasn’t a match for the trace DNA evidence | 而且他与我们在维雅指甲下找到的 |
[16:15] | we found under Veah’s fingernails. | DNA证据不相符 |
[16:17] | No match, no witnesses, no prints, | 没有匹配 没有目击者 没有指纹 |
[16:19] | case went cold. | 这案子断了 |
[16:20] | So what’s your lead? | 所以你的线索是什么 |
[16:22] | I got an anonymous tip | 我收到一份匿名消息 |
[16:23] | that Ezra Hayes hired an SBK lieutenant | 伊斯拉·海耶斯雇佣了一名SBK副官 |
[16:26] | named DaMarco Bridger | 叫达马科·布里吉尔 |
[16:27] | to kill his ex-wife. | 来杀死他的前妻 |
[16:29] | If you check Bridges’ DNA, | 如果你检查布里吉尔的DNA |
[16:30] | I’m pretty sure it’ll match. | 我肯定能匹配上 |
[16:32] | It’s gonna take more than a tip to get a warrant. | 单靠小道消息可搞不来搜查令 |
[16:34] | The M.E. Who autopsied Veah | 给维纳做尸检的验尸官 |
[16:35] | found traces of wood dust in the wounds on her neck. | 在她脖子上的伤口里找到了木屑 |
[16:38] | He thought it might transfers from the work gloves | 他认为那可能是从凶手戴着的 |
[16:40] | – that the killer wore. – I looked into that. | -工作手套上掉的 -我查过这线索 |
[16:42] | The dust was from a high-end hardwood called “IPE” | 木屑是来自于一种高端硬木 叫「重蚁木」 |
[16:45] | I checked with everyone in the area that sells | 我检查了那片区域里所有售卖 |
[16:46] | or installs the stuff, but didn’t turn up any suspects. | 或安装这种东西的人 但没有找到嫌疑人 |
[16:49] | You were on the right track. You just needed Bridger’s name. | 你调查方向没错 你只需要布里吉尔这名字 |
[16:53] | So, yesterday I went to his mother’s house in New Rochelle. | 昨天我去了他母亲在新罗谢尔的家 |
[16:57] | Take a look at her front porch. | 看看她的前廊 |
[17:00] | The wood. It’s ipe, isn’t it? | 木头 这是重蚁木 对吧 |
[17:02] | I knocked on her door, | 我敲了她家的门 |
[17:03] | I told her I liked her deck. | 告诉她我喜欢她的木台 |
[17:05] | When I said I might be interested in hiring her carpenter, | 当我说到我或许有兴趣雇她的木匠时 |
[17:07] | she said that her son DaMarco installed it himself. | 她说是她儿子达马科自己装的 |
[17:10] | He did the work two years ago, | 他两年前做的 |
[17:11] | right around the time that Veah was murdered. | 就在维雅被杀的那段时间 |
[17:13] | That should be enough to get a warrant, right? | 这应该足够签发一张搜查令了吧 |
[17:17] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[17:19] | I’ll see you later. | 晚点见 |
[17:24] | All is well with Chantal? | 香特尔一切都好吗 |
[17:26] | She started physical therapy today. | 她今天开始做理疗 |
[17:28] | I asked her to call me and let me know how it went. | 我让她打电话给我 告诉我进展如何 |
[17:30] | And? | 然后呢 |
[17:32] | She crushed it. | 她搞砸了 |
[17:34] | Any sign of our target? | 发现我们的目标了吗 |
[17:36] | As a matter of fact, there is. | 其实就在那 |
[17:38] | I thought it best to wait for you. | 我觉得最好等你来 |
[17:40] | So now that you’re back… | 既然你来了… |
[17:58] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:00] | He’s the police. | 他是警察 |
[18:02] | We know that you’re a contestant on Moving Targets, | 我们知道你是「移动标靶」的一名参赛者 |
[18:04] | but the game is over, | 但你的游戏结束了 |
[18:06] | and I really must insist you come with us. | 而我必须坚持请你跟我们走一趟 |
[18:09] | Okay… so the selfie I took outside this place | 好吧…我刚在外面拍的自拍 |
[18:12] | is spreading on social media– 200 shares already. | 在社交媒体上传播开了 已经有两百个分享了 |
[18:16] | If that Dr. Eriyo– Akello– whoever, | 如果那个伊力欧医生还是阿凯拉什么的 |
[18:19] | is still trying to tag me, | 仍然想要捉到我 |
[18:20] | this should get his attention. | 这应该能引起他的注意 |
[18:24] | I’ve got to ask, how did you find me? | 我必须问问你是怎么找到我的 |
[18:27] | The producers of Moving Targets | 「移动标靶」的制片人 |
[18:28] | provided us with your body-camera footage. | 给我们提供了你的随身摄像机的影像 |
[18:30] | Most of which could only have been shot | 大多数影像都是通过 |
[18:32] | through the semi-translucent eye hole of an oversized mask. | 一个超大面具的半透明眼孔拍摄的 |
[18:36] | I knew I couldn’t count | 我知道我不能指望 |
[18:37] | on winning a million bucks on a game show, | 在一场竞技节目里赢下一百万元 |
[18:38] | so, you know, I kept my day job. | 所以我仍然正常上班 |
[18:43] | Well, I’d like to thank you again for cooperating so readily. | 我想再次感谢你的大力配合 |
[18:46] | Please. Costumed character helps catch killer? | 拜托 卡通人偶帮着抓了杀人犯 |
[18:48] | I mean, that story’s practically guaranteed to go viral. | 这故事绝对能疯传 |
[18:52] | I mean, that’s the reason | 这就是为什么 |
[18:53] | why I went on Moving Targets in the first place, | 我一开始会参加「移动标靶」 |
[18:56] | to try and break out as an actor. | 想要一夜爆红当个演员 |
[19:02] | It seems like your would-be shooter has arrived. | 看来你的潜在射手到了 |
[19:05] | Hold it right there. | 站那别动 |
[19:08] | Excuse me. | 我先走了 |
[19:14] | It’s a, it’s a toy. | 这是个玩具 |
[19:20] | Armed with a paintball gun and wearing a body camera, | 装备着一把彩弹枪 戴着随身摄像机 |
[19:22] | just like our victim. | 和我们的受害人一样 |
[19:25] | Dr. Eriyo, we’ve been expecting you. | 伊力欧医生 我们等你很久了 |
[19:28] | Or do you prefer Akello? | 还是你更喜欢被称为阿凯拉 |
[19:36] | It’s true, I have done terrible things in my life. | 我这一生确实干过可怕的事 |
[19:41] | So you can confirm you were the Ghost of Gulu? | 所以你能确认你就是古卢幽灵吗 |
[19:44] | Much to my shame. | 我很惭愧 |
[19:46] | But you must understand, | 但你必须理解 |
[19:48] | Heaven’s Shining Army kidnapped me | 天堂闪耀武装在我还是个孩子时 |
[19:49] | when I was just a boy. | 就绑架了我 |
[19:51] | I was told if I did not follow orders, | 我被告知如果我不听从命令 |
[19:53] | my father would be killed, | 我父亲就会被杀害 |
[19:54] | and my mother and sister suffer even worse fates. | 而我母亲和妹妹下场会更惨 |
[19:58] | The only way I was able to escape | 我能逃脱的唯一办法 |
[19:59] | was to fake my own death. | 就是伪造我自己的死 |
[20:02] | I got away. | 我逃脱了 |
[20:04] | I made a new life. | 我开始了新生活 |
[20:06] | I don’t think that’d be much comfort | 我不认为对你的受害人的家人来说 |
[20:07] | to your victims’ families. | 这会是个安慰 |
[20:09] | Nothing I do will ever make up for my crimes, | 我做什么都无法弥补我的罪孽 |
[20:12] | but that won’t stop me from trying. | 但那不会阻止我努力 |
[20:14] | It’s the reason I went into emergency medicine. | 这就是我选择急救医疗的原因 |
[20:17] | I’ll spend the rest of my life trying to help | 我会用余生来帮助别人 |
[20:19] | more people than I harmed. | 多过我伤害的人 |
[20:21] | It’s the only way I can justify | 这是我唯一能平衡 |
[20:23] | all the blessings I’ve received. | 我收到的所有祝福的方式 |
[20:26] | A man who deserves none. | 我是个不配得到祝福的人 |
[20:28] | In the interviews you did for Moving Targets, | 在你为「移动标靶」所做的采访中 |
[20:30] | you said that if you won, | 你说如果你赢了 |
[20:31] | you were planning on giving the million dollars to charity? | 你打算将所有钱都捐给慈善组织 |
[20:34] | I only signed up for the show as a way | 我参加节目只是为了 |
[20:36] | to help the people of my homeland. | 帮助我家乡的人民 |
[20:39] | To bring attention to those who are suffering. | 为那些正在受苦的人赢得关注 |
[20:42] | Were I to win, I’d hoped to open a free clinic in Gulu. | 如果我赢了 我希望在古卢开一家免费诊所 |
[20:46] | Sounds very important to you. | 听起来对你非常重要 |
[20:49] | Was it important enough to kill another competitor | 是否重要到要杀了另一名竞争者 |
[20:52] | to guarantee your victory? | 来保证你的胜利 |
[20:54] | I know why you’d ask such a thing, | 我知道你为什么这么问 |
[20:56] | but at this point in my life, | 但在我人生的这个阶段 |
[20:58] | I could never bring myself | 任何情况下 |
[20:59] | to kill another human being under any circumstances. | 我都不可能再去杀一个人 |
[21:03] | Certainly not over a game. | 当然更不可能为了一场游戏 |
[21:05] | Check the footage from my body camera. | 你们可以查我的随身摄影机 |
[21:07] | It will show you I had nothing to do | 视频会告诉你们 |
[21:08] | with Nanette’s death. | 我跟纳内特的死没关系 |
[21:09] | Actually, we already checked. | 实际上 我们已经查了 |
[21:12] | At the time of Nanette Vlasik’s death, | 纳内特死的时候 |
[21:14] | your camera was recording footage | 你的摄影机在时代广场附近 |
[21:15] | of different costumed characters around Times Square. | 录一个穿着卡通服的人 |
[21:18] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[21:20] | I was looking for my next target in the game. | 我在找游戏里的下一个目标 |
[21:22] | Problem is, | 问题是 |
[21:23] | whoever was wearing that camera never spoke, | 戴着摄影机的人没有说话 |
[21:26] | never turned it on themselves, | 也没拿镜头对着自己 |
[21:27] | never filmed any reflective surfaces. | 也没有录到任何反射面 |
[21:29] | Could’ve been anyone carrying it around. | 所以有可能是别人拿着摄影机到处走 |
[21:31] | Did you talk to anyone | 那天晚上 没有录像的时候 |
[21:33] | when the camera wasn’t rolling that night? | 你有和别人说过话吗 |
[21:35] | Anyone who might remember you? | 有人可能记得你吗 |
[21:39] | These last few weeks, I took up old habits. | 最近几个星期 我又重拾了过去的习惯 |
[21:42] | Talk to no one, avoid cameras. | 不和人交谈 躲避摄像头 |
[21:44] | I even threw away my phone so I couldn’t be tracked. | 为了不被追踪 我还扔掉了我的手机 |
[21:47] | I used all of my tricks, | 我用尽了浑身解数 |
[21:49] | both during the game, and before it started. | 无论是游戏中 还是在游戏开始前 |
[21:53] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:54] | They held a get-together for us, a week before the game began. | 游戏开始前一周 他们把我们召集到了一起 |
[21:58] | Yes, we’re aware. | 是 我们知道 |
[22:00] | They filmed the gathering | 他们录下了一段集体录像 |
[22:01] | to help build their narratives. | 来做宣传片 |
[22:02] | This person hates that person. | 这个人恨另一个人 |
[22:04] | This man is attracted to that woman, the usual nonsense, | 这个男人喜欢那个女人 常见的套路 |
[22:07] | but I used it as a way to evaluate my competition, | 但是我借此来评估我的对手 |
[22:11] | to identify the best players in the game, | 来确定游戏里最好的选手 |
[22:13] | including Nanette Vlasik. | 包括纳内特·弗拉西克 |
[22:15] | You realize you’re admitting you considered her a threat. | 你应该知道你这是承认把她当作了威胁 |
[22:18] | I’ll admit to more than that. | 我还可以承认更多 |
[22:21] | I stalked her. | 我跟踪了她 |
[22:22] | Over the next week, I followed all the players | 接下来的一周 我跟踪了所有 |
[22:25] | I thought were threats. | 我认为是威胁的选手 |
[22:27] | Filmed them. Studied their habits. | 录了视频 研究他们的习惯 |
[22:29] | The same way I would research my targets back in Gulu. | 就像以前我在古鲁研究我的目标一样 |
[22:33] | I knew what people ate for lunch, who they were dating. | 我知道他们午餐吃什么 他们和谁约会 |
[22:36] | With Nanette Vlasik, | 至于纳内特·弗拉西克 |
[22:38] | I saw how much she loved her children, | 我看到了她对孩子的爱 |
[22:39] | how dedicated she was to her job. | 以及对工作的热忱 |
[22:42] | But I also saw something I could not explain. | 但我还看到了一些我无法解释的事 |
[22:45] | And now, you tell me she’s dead. | 现在 你们告诉我她死了 |
[22:48] | What did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[22:50] | One morning, she went into a strip club. | 一天早晨 她走进了一家脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[22:53] | She seemed nervous– evasive, even. | 她看起来有点紧张 甚至躲躲闪闪的 |
[22:55] | She was inside for only a few minutes, | 她只进去了几分钟 |
[22:57] | then she came out and quickly drove away. | 然后很快就出来开车走了 |
[23:00] | It was odd. | 很奇怪 |
[23:02] | I took pictures of the entire incident | 我用远程相机 |
[23:04] | with a telephoto camera. | 拍下了整个过程 |
[23:06] | So now you don’t like Akello for the murder? | 所以现在你觉得阿凯拉不是凶手 |
[23:09] | While his body camera footage is hardly an alibi, | 虽然他随身摄像机的录像不算不在场证明 |
[23:11] | it does suggest his innocence. | 但也算表明了他的清白 |
[23:14] | And then, there are these photos he took. | 而且还有他拍的这些照片 |
[23:19] | The Glitter House? | 艳屋 |
[23:21] | That’s a place in Paterson, New Jersey. | 这是新泽西州帕特森市的一个地方 |
[23:23] | You know it? | 你知道 |
[23:24] | By reputation. | 听说过 |
[23:25] | All of it bad. | 没什么好话 |
[23:27] | Note the envelope in Chief Vlasik’s hand | 注意看弗拉西克局长 |
[23:29] | as she emerges. | 离开时手里的信封 |
[23:30] | It’s about the length and width of U.S. Currency. | 符合美元纸钞的长度和宽度 |
[23:32] | If those are hundreds, we’re talking at least a few grand. | 如果那是百元钞票 那这些至少有上千美元 |
[23:36] | The Glitter House is a mob front. | 艳屋是一个帮派的据点 |
[23:37] | If Nanette Vlasik is walking out of there | 如果纳内特·弗拉西克 |
[23:39] | with money in her hand… | 拿着钱从这里走出来 |
[23:40] | It could mean she was on the take. | 这说明她可能是收受贿赂了 |
[23:42] | It could mean more than that. | 甚至更严重 |
[23:44] | Our suspect pool isn’t just a bunch of people | 现在我们的嫌疑人范围 |
[23:46] | playing a game anymore. | 不只是玩游戏的那些人了 |
[23:48] | It’s the Jersey mob, too. | 还有新泽西的帮派人员 |
[23:58] | Doesn’t look good, does it? | 看起来不太好 对吧 |
[24:00] | Chief Vlasik coming out of your place | 弗拉西克局长从你的地方出来 |
[24:02] | with an envelope like that? | 手里拿着这样的信封 |
[24:04] | Could be a stack of napkins in there. | 里面可能是一叠纸巾 |
[24:06] | You don’t know. | 你们也不知道 |
[24:07] | We don’t. | 我们确实不知道 |
[24:09] | But say she was in your pocket, | 假设她是你的人 |
[24:10] | and say the two of you had a falling out. | 假设你们俩闹崩了 |
[24:13] | She wouldn’t be the first of your associates | 她不会是你第一个 |
[24:14] | to come to a bad end in a deserted location. | 横尸野外的对手 |
[24:17] | Almudgy Mancuso was bludgeoned to death | 阿尔曼吉·曼库索头部重创 |
[24:19] | in an upstate fishing cabin,Leo tuna Town | 死在北部里奥金枪鱼镇的垂钓小屋 |
[24:20] | Divino was shot in a vacant Newark warehouse, | 迪维诺被枪杀于纽瓦克空荡的仓库 |
[24:24] | and your brother-in-law Milo Spitz | 你妹夫迈洛·施皮茨 |
[24:26] | was found dead in his car at South Mountain Reservation. | 在南山自然保护区被发现死于自己的车里 |
[24:29] | Milo committed suicide. | 迈洛是自杀的 |
[24:31] | He was stabbed 16 times. | 他被捅了16次 |
[24:33] | Hardest he ever worked in his life. | 他一生最努力的一次 |
[24:35] | You can see how, from our perspective, | 你应该明白为什么我们认为 |
[24:37] | Nanette Vlasik’s death fits a certain pattern. | 纳内特·弗拉西克的死符合某种特定模式 |
[24:41] | Well, you’ve obviously done your homework on me, | 你们确实做足了功课 |
[24:43] | so I’m figuring you know why I need this cane. | 那你们应该知道我为什么需要手杖了 |
[24:47] | You were shot. Theoretically, by a rival, | 你中枪了 理论上应该是被一个对手 |
[24:49] | and no one was ever arrested. | 但没人因此被捕 |
[24:51] | And since then, I’ve kept my guard up. | 从那时起 我就提高了自己的警惕 |
[24:53] | I asked Chief Vlasik to put patrol cars outside my house, | 我让弗拉西克局长在我家外安排巡逻 |
[24:56] | make sure my kids get to school safe, | 确保我的孩子能安全上学 |
[24:59] | let me know if there’s anyone suspicious in town. | 镇上来了什么可疑的人告诉我一声 |
[25:01] | That kind of thing. | 这种事情 |
[25:03] | You co-opted the Cypress Grove Police | 你笼络柏树林镇警方 |
[25:04] | and turned them into your own private security force. | 把他们变成了你的私人警卫队 |
[25:09] | Okay, everyone, take five. | 好了 各位 休息五分钟 |
[25:11] | Let’s go. | 去吧 |
[25:13] | You too, guys. | 你们也是 |
[25:18] | Few months back, | 几个月前 |
[25:20] | Nanette went through a rough time. | 纳内特经历了一段困难时期 |
[25:22] | Death in the family, I think. | 应该是亲人去世 |
[25:24] | Instead of mourning, she throws herself into her work. | 她没有整日哀痛 而是将自己埋进了工作 |
[25:26] | Starts pulling late hours at the office, | 开始在办公室里加夜班 |
[25:29] | taking out-of-town meetings. | 参加城外的会议 |
[25:31] | She even screened my calls a few times. | 她有几次甚至屏蔽了我的电话 |
[25:33] | When I told her I didn’t like that, | 我告诉她我不喜欢这样 |
[25:34] | she said she was working on a case. | 她说自己在忙一个案子 |
[25:36] | Something big, She said. | 是个大案子 |
[25:37] | Then, about a month ago, | 然后一个月前 |
[25:39] | she asked me for a favor. | 她让我帮个忙 |
[25:41] | She asked me to introduce her to a friend of mine, | 她让我把她介绍给我的一个朋友 |
[25:43] | a guy who works at a big national bank. | 那人在一家大型国家银行工作 |
[25:46] | He handles my more delicate transactions. | 他处理我的一些更谨慎的交易 |
[25:48] | Your money launderer, she wanted to meet him. | 给你洗钱的人 她想见他 |
[25:51] | I can’t give you my friend’s name. | 我不能告诉你这位朋友的名字 |
[25:53] | But I can ask him what he and Nanette talked about. | 但我可以问下他和纳内特谈了什么 |
[25:55] | ‘Cause if she was into something so big | 因为如果不是参与了一件很重大的事情 |
[25:56] | she needed help from a guy like him? | 她怎么会需要这种人的帮助 |
[25:59] | That’s the kind of thing that can get a person shot. | 这才是会让人吃枪子的事 |
[26:11] | Courtesy of Detective Acosta. | 阿克斯塔警探的谢礼 |
[26:13] | He stopped by while you were in the shower. | 你洗澡时他送过来的 |
[26:16] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[26:17] | He wanted you to know that an SBK member named DaMarco Bridger | 他想告诉你一个SBK成员达马科·布里吉尔 |
[26:20] | had been arrested, so… | 已经被捕了 所以 |
[26:23] | I take it that brings to a conclusion | 看来你和辛维尔 |
[26:24] | your recent business with Shinwell? | 最近的合作结束了吧 |
[26:28] | Yeah. It does. | 是的 |
[26:30] | Because Acosta was not the only detective | 因为阿克斯塔不是唯一一个 |
[26:31] | who came bearing gifts. | 带着礼物前来的警探 |
[26:36] | So Marcus brought these over. | 马库斯送来了这个 |
[26:38] | He got them from Phil Righetti, | 他从菲尔·里盖蒂那拿到的 |
[26:39] | who got them from his money launderer, | 而菲尔是从给他洗钱的人那拿到的 |
[26:41] | who says they’re copies of everything | 那人说这是所有 |
[26:42] | Nanette Vlasik asked him for. | 纳内特·弗拉西克让他做的事 |
[26:44] | Bank statements? | 银行对账单 |
[26:45] | From dozens of accounts and | 这是全国各地 |
[26:46] | from to high-ranking police officers all over the country. | 众多高层警官的银行对账单 |
[26:50] | Wait, Nanette Vlasik asked Righetti’s banker | 等等 纳内特·弗拉西克让里盖蒂的会计 |
[26:53] | to look into cops? | 查警察的账户 |
[26:54] | With good reason, apparently. | 显然是有充足的理由 |
[26:56] | He claims that each of these account holders, | 他说这些账户的所有人 |
[26:58] | most of them police chiefs or county sheriffs, | 大部分都是警察局长或者郡警长 |
[27:01] | received large wire transfers | 他们从同一个离岸银行账户 |
[27:03] | from the same offshore bank account. | 收到了大量的电汇 |
[27:05] | They were taking bribes. | 他们在受贿 |
[27:06] | Not dissimilar to what happened | 与弗拉西克和里盖蒂之间 |
[27:07] | between Vlasik and Righetti, | 发生的事并无不同 |
[27:09] | but on a massive scale. | 但规模更大 |
[27:12] | Okay, so who would bribe dozens of police chiefs and sheriffs? | 好吧 有谁会向这些警察局长和警长行贿 |
[27:16] | A drug gang? A foreign government? | 毒帮 他国政府 |
[27:18] | It’s not clear. What’s also not clear | 不清楚 还有一件事不清楚 |
[27:20] | is what Vlasik did with the information, if anything. | 就是弗拉西克拿这些情报干什么去了 |
[27:23] | But it stands to reason she made some powerful enemies. | 不过这也证实她树了很多有权势的敌人 |
[27:26] | I’m hoping that the answer lies somewhere within. | 我希望答案在这个范围里面 |
[27:29] | So is there a particular stack that takes your fancy? | 所以这堆文件让你感兴趣了吗 |
[27:40] | Do you anticipate hearing from him again in the future? | 你估计他以后还会联系你吗 |
[27:43] | Who, Acosta? | 谁 阿克斯塔吗 |
[27:45] | Shinwell. | 辛维尔 |
[27:48] | I don’t know, maybe. | 不知道 也许吧 |
[27:51] | I thought you said you’d come to terms with everything. | 你不是说你已经与这一切妥协了吗 |
[27:53] | I did. | 没错 |
[27:54] | So what’s the problem? | 那还有什么问题 |
[27:58] | There are times that I fear you still see him | 我有时会担心你还将他视作 |
[28:00] | as a surgical patient, | 外科病人 |
[28:02] | who, with your assistance, can survive, and even thrive. | 在你的帮助下 他能活下来 甚至成长 |
[28:06] | Yet, despite your ministrations, he’s not reformed one iota. | 然而尽管你倾力协助 他仍然没有改过自新 |
[28:10] | He still resorts to violence and deception | 他仍将暴力和欺骗 |
[28:11] | as his first instincts. | 当做自己的第一本能 |
[28:14] | Even his crusade to topple SBK is motivated purely by revenge. | 甚至他意图推翻SBK的行为都是复仇驱使的 |
[28:18] | Isn’t that all that matters? | 这不就是最重要的吗 |
[28:20] | Putting an end to SBK? | 推翻SBK |
[28:21] | Not to me. | 对我来说不是 |
[28:24] | You are accustomed to helping people who want to help themselves. | 你习惯了帮助那些想帮助自己的人 |
[28:28] | He’s different. | 他不一样 |
[28:30] | Doesn’t want to help himself, he just wants to hurt others. | 他不想帮助自己 他只想伤害别人 |
[28:35] | I’ve become quite certain that in the end, | 我现在变得非常确定 到最后 |
[28:38] | he’ll hurt you, as well. | 他也会伤害你 |
[28:42] | You know, you make him sound like a lost cause. | 你把他说得好像是无可救药了 |
[28:45] | Some people might’ve said you were a lost cause once. | 有人可能曾经也说过你无可救药 |
[28:48] | Well, I may still be. | 或许我现在仍是 |
[28:51] | One of the reasons I work so hard not to lose myself | 我那么努力不要迷失自我的原因之一 |
[28:54] | is ’cause I fear I would also lose you. | 是怕我也会失去你 |
[29:00] | Do you think Shinwell is putting forth a similar effort? | 你觉得辛维尔也在做同样的事吗 |
[29:07] | You know, if we’re gonna stay up all night, | 如果我们要熬夜的话 |
[29:08] | I’m gonna need coffee. | 我得准备咖啡 |
[29:39] | You’re sleeping. | 你在睡觉 |
[29:41] | You never sleep. | 你从来不睡 |
[29:42] | I rarely sleep. There is a difference. | 很少睡 还是有区别的 |
[29:47] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[29:50] | I, uh… | 我 |
[29:52] | I realized late last night, | 昨晚后半夜我意识到 |
[29:53] | that while the members of law enforcement | 尽管这些证词中 |
[29:56] | identified in these statements | 指认出的执法人员 |
[29:58] | had motive to kill Nanette Vlasik, | 有动机杀死纳内特·弗拉西克 |
[30:00] | very few of them had the opportunity. | 但其实没几个有机会 |
[30:02] | So I began to suspect that, uh, | 所以我开始怀疑 |
[30:05] | the killer might be at the other end | 杀手或许是她所发现交易的 |
[30:06] | of the transactions she uncovered. | 另外一方 |
[30:08] | So you think it’s whoever’s behind the bribes. | 所以你认为是行贿的人 |
[30:11] | Unfortunately, Righetti’s banker was unable to identify | 可惜里盖蒂的银行负责人无法确认 |
[30:14] | the initiating party, | 主动方的身份 |
[30:15] | so I wondered if our old hacker friend, | 所以我在想我们的黑客老朋友 |
[30:17] | “Sucking Chest Wound,” might fare any better. | 「前胸开洞」也许能有更好的表现 |
[30:21] | He was able to trace the payments | 他追踪到了 |
[30:26] | to Alpha Hawk Firearms, | 给阿尔法鹰工业公司的款项 |
[30:28] | which is a Connecticut company which manufactures, | 该公司位于康涅狄格州 |
[30:30] | among other killing machines, | 为军警队伍 |
[30:32] | 阿尔法鹰工业公司 执法机关配枪 | |
[30:32] | pistols for the military and law enforcement. | 生产手枪 |
[30:35] | Now, in what is unlikely to be a coincidence, | 有件事应该不是巧合 |
[30:38] | all of the individuals who received Alpha Hawk’s payments | 所有接受了阿尔法鹰工业公司付款的个人 |
[30:41] | went on to choose that company’s pistols | 后来都选择了该公司生产的手枪 |
[30:43] | as their department’s sidearm of choice. | 作为其部门的配置 |
[30:46] | That would mean a small-town police chief from New Jersey | 也就是说新泽西州一位小镇的警察局长 |
[30:49] | was taking on a weapons company that was bribing cops | 在调查一家行贿警方以助于销售的 |
[30:51] | to buy their products. | 武器公司 |
[30:52] | That would’ve been way above her pay grade, wouldn’t it? | 那似乎不在她的权限范围内吧 |
[30:54] | I wondered the same thing. | 我也这么想 |
[30:56] | Then I remembered what Righetti said | 然后我想起里盖蒂说过 |
[30:58] | about Vlasik’s recent hardship. | 弗拉西克最近很痛苦 |
[31:02] | What, the death in her family? | 怎么 家人过世的事吗 |
[31:03] | Not her family, precisely. | 准确来说不是她的家人 |
[31:05] | In February, one of her oldest friends was shot to death | 她在艾奥瓦州的一位老友在二月时 |
[31:08] | by her husband in a murder/suicide in Iowa. | 被其丈夫一枪毙命 该丈夫随后自杀 |
[31:12] | This says that her husband had a history of mental illness. | 上面说她丈夫有精神疾病史 |
[31:15] | Bipolar. | 双相情感障碍 |
[31:16] | Now, according to Vlasik’s social media, | 根据弗拉西克的社交账号 |
[31:19] | she became quite obsessed with the recent federal law | 她十分关注最近计划出台的一条联邦法 |
[31:23] | which eased restrictions on gun purchases | 关于放宽精神病人的 |
[31:24] | by the mentally ill. | 枪支购买限制 |
[31:27] | She felt that it enabled, or at the very least emboldened, | 她认为该法案助长了 起码是鼓励了 |
[31:30] | her friend’s husband. | 老友丈夫的行为 |
[31:33] | Let me guess, Alpha Hawk lobbied for the bill. | 我猜猜看 阿尔法鹰为法案进行了游说 |
[31:35] | Specifically, their CEO, | 准确说来是他们的执行总裁 |
[31:38] | Clint Washburn. | 克林特·瓦施伯恩 |
[31:40] | So you think he’s the one who bribed all those police chiefs | 你认为是他贿赂了那些警察局长 |
[31:43] | to buy his guns. | 采购自己的枪支 |
[31:44] | He found out that Vlasik was looking into him | 他发现弗拉西克在查自己 |
[31:46] | and then had someone kill her? | 就派人杀了她 |
[31:48] | Hope to know more shortly. | 希望很快就能弄明白 |
[31:49] | I’m due at the station to speak with Mr. Washburn. | 我该去警局跟瓦施伯恩先生谈话了 |
[31:53] | I’ll get dressed. | 我去换衣服 |
[31:54] | No. | 不必 |
[31:56] | After you dozed off last night, | 你昨晚睡着之后 |
[31:58] | you received a text message from Shinwell. | 辛维尔给你发了一条短信 |
[32:01] | Apparently, your recent business is not finished after all. | 显然你最近的任务根本没有处理完 |
[32:07] | Come in. | 请进 |
[32:11] | What’s all this? | 这是干什么 |
[32:13] | Moving day. | 乔迁日 |
[32:15] | DaMarco Bridger got arrested. | 达马科·布里吉尔被捕 |
[32:18] | SBK leadership offered me his territory. | SBK领导层叫我负责他的地盘 |
[32:22] | That means I’m moving back to the old neighborhood. | 所以我要搬回自己的老巢了 |
[32:25] | You could’ve told me all this over the phone. | 这些可以在电话上说的 |
[32:28] | You’re right, I could’ve. | 没错 是可以 |
[32:30] | But I wanted to give you something. | 但我有东西想给你 |
[32:41] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[32:43] | My confession. | 我的供认状 |
[32:45] | For killing Jameel. | 承认杀了贾米尔 |
[32:48] | That is everything that happened that night | 交代了当晚发生的全部情况 |
[32:50] | and everything that I did. | 和我做的一切 |
[32:53] | I don’t understand, why are you giving this to me? | 我不明白 为什么要给我 |
[32:56] | Because his family deserves to know the truth | 因为他的家人应该知道 |
[32:59] | about what happened. | 发生了什么 |
[33:01] | And me, | 而我 |
[33:03] | I deserve what’s coming. | 我应该承担后果 |
[33:06] | And you think that needs to happen soon, | 如果你认为我该尽快担责 |
[33:08] | you give that to the people you work with, | 那就交给你的工作伙伴们吧 |
[33:10] | and they know where to find me. | 他们知道上哪儿找我 |
[33:12] | But I’m telling you, Doc, I’m close. | 但我跟你说 医生 我很接近了 |
[33:14] | Couple more months and this’ll all be over. | 再几个月这一切就都会结束 |
[33:18] | SBK and their top brass | SBK及其高层 |
[33:21] | will go away forever. | 就会永远消失 |
[33:25] | If I give this to the police, you’re going away, too. | 如果我把这份文件交给警方 你也会进监狱的 |
[33:29] | I didn’t do all this because | 我所做的这一切并不是为了 |
[33:30] | I wanted to get away with what I did. | 想逃脱自己曾经犯下的罪行 |
[33:33] | I did it because I was trying to make up for it. | 我这么做是因为我想对此做出补偿 |
[33:44] | I’ll be in touch. | 我会再联系你的 |
[33:56] | I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[33:57] | I’ve never seen this woman before in my life. | 我这辈子从没见过这个女人 |
[34:00] | Mr. Washburn, | 瓦施伯恩先生 |
[34:01] | you make your money manufacturing a product | 你通过制造每年导致 |
[34:03] | which kills tens of thousands of Americans every year, | 成千上万美国人死亡的武器产品大发横财 |
[34:05] | so you’ll understand if we don’t | 所以如果我们不相信你的话 |
[34:07] | readily take you at your word. | 也望你稍加谅解 |
[34:08] | I’m not denying the things you say she found. | 我并不否认你们说的她的这些发现 |
[34:10] | These bank transfers, I authorized all of them. | 这些银行汇款 都是由我授权的 |
[34:13] | But she never approached me with them. | 但她从未拿着这些证据来找过我 |
[34:16] | And, even if she had, it wouldn’t have mattered. | 而且即使她来找我了 也没什么大不了的 |
[34:18] | Chief Vlasik uncovered evidence | 弗拉西克局长发现了 |
[34:20] | that you and your company had bribed | 你和你的公司对全国范围内 |
[34:22] | dozens of cops across the country. | 数十位警察行贿的证据 |
[34:23] | You really expect us to believe you think that’s no big deal? | 你真指望我们相信你觉得这没什么大不了吗 |
[34:26] | It isn’t a big deal | 真没什么大不了 |
[34:27] | because she wasn’t the first one to figure out what I was doing. | 因为她并不是第一个发现我在干什么的人 |
[34:31] | I’ve already agreed to plead guilty to all of this. | 我已经同意承认所有这些罪行了 |
[34:35] | I beg your pardon? | 什么 |
[34:37] | The U.S. Attorney’s office caught onto me, | 联邦检察官办公室大约三年前 |
[34:39] | like, three years ago, | 就抓住我的小辫子了 |
[34:41] | and they found a lot more cases than she did. | 而且他们查到的行贿案件比她要多得多 |
[34:43] | – Okay? – We didn’t find any prior arrests | -明白吗 -我们在系统里对你进行查询时 |
[34:46] | when we ran your name through the system. | 没有找到任何逮捕记录 |
[34:48] | Of course you didn’t. | 你们当然找不到 |
[34:49] | I have powerful friends. | 我有很多位高权重的朋友 |
[34:52] | The U.S. Attorney’s office did me the courtesy | 联邦检察官办公室对我很客气 |
[34:54] | of keeping this investigation under the radar. | 整个调查是全程私下进行的 |
[34:57] | They presented me with their findings months ago, | 他们几个月前就把他们查到的证据给我看了 |
[35:00] | my attorney’s been working on | 在那之后 我的律师就一直致力于 |
[35:02] | a plea deal ever since. | 和检方达成认罪协议 |
[35:03] | If you don’t believe me, call him. | 如果你们不相信我 打电话跟他核实吧 |
[35:04] | The final details are almost done, | 最终协议细节基本已经敲定了 |
[35:06] | I agreed to a… | 我同意支付 |
[35:08] | $10 million fine, no jail time, | 一千万美元的罚金 不用坐牢 |
[35:10] | I step down as CEO of Alpha Hawk | 辞去阿尔法鹰工业公司CEO的职务 |
[35:13] | and start my retirement. | 开始享受退休生活 |
[35:15] | Presumably with a severance package | 我猜离职补偿款 |
[35:16] | worth far more than the fine you’re being assessed. | 远比你要支付的罚金多得多 |
[35:22] | You think I had this woman killed | 你们认为我为了逃脱罪责 |
[35:23] | to get away with something, | 杀害了这个女人 |
[35:24] | but that’s crazy. | 但这太荒谬了 |
[35:27] | I already got away with it. | 因为我已经逃脱罪责了 |
[35:29] | I hate to say it, | 虽然我很不愿意承认 |
[35:30] | but Washburn’s plea deal checks out. | 但瓦施伯恩的认罪协议经查属实 |
[35:32] | The U.S. Attorney’s office agreed to a fine | 联邦检察官办公室同意在交纳罚金的前提下 |
[35:34] | with no jail time. | 免除他应服的刑期 |
[35:36] | There anything interesting in the case file? | 卷宗里有什么有趣的发现吗 |
[35:38] | Well, Washburn was right, | 瓦施伯恩说得没错 |
[35:39] | they identified many more cases of bribery than Vlasik. | 检方查出的行贿案件远比弗拉西克要多 |
[35:43] | How many more? | 多到什么程度 |
[35:45] | Multiply by ten. | 十倍吧 |
[35:47] | In the plea deal, do you see any evidence | 你有没有在认罪协议中看到任何 |
[35:49] | that the government confronted the policemen involved? | 关于政府方出面与涉案警察对质的记录 |
[35:51] | No, looks like they wanted to | 没有 看起来他们想 |
[35:53] | secure Washburn’s cooperation first, | 优先确保瓦施伯恩配合进行调查 |
[35:55] | and kept everything under wraps. | 以及本案的调查工作处于保密状态 |
[35:57] | – Why, is that important? – Extremely. | -怎么 这很重要吗 -至关重要 |
[36:00] | In fact, you could say that the secrecy around the case | 甚至可以说正是这个案子的严格保密 |
[36:03] | led to Vlasik’s murder. | 导致了弗拉西克的遇害 |
[36:05] | Had the killer known | 如果凶手事先知道 |
[36:06] | that the federal government already knew his secrets, | 联邦政府对他的这些秘密了若指掌 |
[36:08] | he would’ve had no reason to kill her. | 他根本就没理由去杀害她 |
[36:10] | Are you saying you know who killed her? | 你是说你知道杀害她的真凶了吗 |
[36:13] | I have a likely suspect. | 我找到了一位非常有嫌疑的人 |
[36:16] | Apart from his surprise appearance in the case file, | 除了他在卷宗中的突然出现 |
[36:20] | we have not a shred of evidence against him. | 我们没有丝毫证据表明是他下的杀手 |
[36:24] | But I think I know where we could find some. | 但我觉得我知道去哪能找到点证据 |
[36:33] | I don’t understand, | 我不明白 |
[36:34] | you want us to help you arrest Dr. Eriyo again? | 你想让我们协助你们再次逮捕伊力欧医生吗 |
[36:38] | When I called the other day to see if you’d found him, | 我那天打电话来问你们有没有找到他的时候 |
[36:39] | you said you’d released him. | 你说你们已经把他释放了 |
[36:41] | We didn’t have enough evidence to hold him. | 我们当时没有足够的证据对他进行拘留 |
[36:43] | Nor did we have the right motive. | 也没有找到合理的作案动机 |
[36:45] | At the time of his questioning, | 在审问他的时候 |
[36:46] | we thought he’d killed Nanette Vlasik | 我们认为他是因为「移动标靶」真人秀的 |
[36:48] | because of Moving Targets’ million-dollar prize, | 百万美元奖金而对纳内特·弗拉西克痛下杀手 |
[36:51] | but he argued quite effectively that that wasn’t the case. | 但他相当有理有据地指出了并非如此 |
[36:54] | Well, if it wasn’t for the money, | 如果不是为了钱 |
[36:56] | then why did he kill Nanette? | 那他为什么要杀害纳内特 |
[36:58] | To avoid being tried for war crimes in Uganda. | 为了避免在乌干达因战争罪受审 |
[37:01] | Dr. Eriyo’s real name is Akello Akeny. | 伊力欧医生真名叫阿凯拉·阿科尼 |
[37:04] | We believe that Nanette had uncovered a crime | 我们认为纳内特发现了一起 |
[37:07] | that he committed | 他犯下的罪案 |
[37:08] | that, if exposed, | 如果事情败露 |
[37:09] | would’ve triggered his extradition and possible execution. | 就会导致他被引渡并面临可能被判死刑的命运 |
[37:12] | Nanette Vlasik was investigating a gun company | 纳内特·弗拉西克在调查一家叫 |
[37:15] | called “Alpha Hawk.” | 「阿尔法鹰」的枪支制造企业 |
[37:16] | She was looking for evidence that they’d been bribing cops. | 她生前在搜寻这家企业向警察行贿的证据 |
[37:19] | She found it, and a whole lot more. | 她成功了 并查到了背后更大的黑幕 |
[37:22] | Alpha Hawk has also been engaging | 阿尔法鹰公司私下里还从事 |
[37:24] | in illegal weapons sales. | 非法武器销售 |
[37:26] | One of their customers was Heaven’s Shining Army, | 他们的其中一个客户就是天堂闪耀武装 |
[37:29] | a rebel group in Uganda that Akeny used to be a part of. | 是阿科尼以前所在的一个乌干达反抗组织 |
[37:32] | Now, he helped arrange the sale. | 他帮忙安排了交易 |
[37:34] | And that’s a violation of a treaty the group signed | 这违反了这个组织和乌干达政府 |
[37:36] | with the Ugandan government. | 签订的协议 |
[37:38] | Chief Vlasik really had it in for Alpha Hawk. | 弗拉西克局长对阿尔法鹰很不满 |
[37:41] | We think she entered your competition | 我们认为她参加你的比赛 |
[37:43] | to get closer to Akeny | 是为了接近阿科尼 |
[37:44] | and gather more evidence against him. | 并收集对他不利的证据 |
[37:47] | What she didn’t realize was | 她却没意识到 |
[37:48] | he was scouting his opponents | 他在比赛开始前 |
[37:50] | before the game even started. | 就在监视他的对手了 |
[37:51] | We figured he found out what she was up to, | 我们认为他发现了她的目的 |
[37:54] | lured her to that abandoned building, and killed her. | 引诱她到了那栋废弃大楼 然后杀了她 |
[37:57] | Problem is, | 问题是 |
[37:58] | we got plenty of motive, we got no proof. | 动机充分 却没有证据 |
[38:00] | What we really want is the murder weapon. | 我们真正要的是凶器 |
[38:03] | I don’t see how we can help you with that. | 我不知道怎么能帮到你们 |
[38:05] | Right now, Akeny is back at his house. | 现在 阿科尼在他家里 |
[38:08] | We think he’s got the weapon there, | 我们认为那里有武器 |
[38:09] | but if we show up at his door, | 但如果我们出现在他门口 |
[38:11] | things could get ugly. | 情况可能难以控制 |
[38:12] | We’d prefer to avoid a gun battle. | 我们想避免枪战 |
[38:15] | You want us to lure him here. | 你们想让我们引诱他来这里 |
[38:16] | Well, we thought you could call | 我们觉得你们可以打电话 |
[38:18] | and say that, because the game’s been called off, | 就说因为比赛取消 |
[38:20] | you’re gonna divide the million dollars | 你们要将一百万美金 |
[38:22] | among the top-ranking contestants. | 分给排名高的参赛者 |
[38:24] | You just need him to come fill out some paperwork. | 需要他过来填一些文件 |
[38:26] | Once he’s in custody, | 等拘留了他 |
[38:28] | we can search his place for the shotgun | 我们就能搜查他的家 |
[38:30] | used to killed Chief Vlasik. | 找用来杀弗拉西克局长的那把散弹枪 |
[38:31] | We find it, case closed. | 找到枪 就结案 |
[38:35] | Okay, but it’s late. | 好 但现在很晚了 |
[38:36] | I-It’ll seem suspicious if we ask him to come now. | 如果现在叫他过来会显得很可疑 |
[38:38] | First thing in the morning okay? | 明天一早行吗 |
[38:40] | Works for us. | 可以 |
[39:17] | Police! Put the gun down! | 警察 放下枪 |
[39:20] | Put your hands up! | 举起手来 |
[39:22] | Turn around, put your hands behind your head. | 转过去 手放在脑后 |
[39:32] | Jake Bozeman, you’re under arrest | 杰克·波兹曼 你被捕了 |
[39:35] | for the murder of Nanette Vlasik. | 罪名是谋杀纳内特·弗拉西克 |
[39:45] | You lied to me. | 你们骗了我 |
[39:47] | Dr. Eriyo, or Akeny, whatever you want to call him, | 伊力欧医生 或者阿科尼 不管怎么称呼 |
[39:51] | he didn’t broker a deal between Alpha Hawk and some rebel group. | 他没有为阿尔法鹰和反抗组织的交易做中间人 |
[39:54] | You’re right, we lied; we thought it might tempt you | 没错 我们骗了你 我们觉得这样可能 |
[39:56] | to plant the gun you used to kill Vlasik | 能引诱你把杀弗拉西克用的枪 |
[39:58] | somewhere that might link back to him. | 放在可能追查到他的地方 |
[40:00] | But, hey, you know | 但是 你懂的 |
[40:01] | the cops don’t have to tell the truth to suspects, don’t you? | 警察没必要告诉嫌犯实情 对吧 |
[40:05] | We didn’t realize when we first met you | 第一次见到你时 我们没意识到 |
[40:07] | that, prior to your career in television, | 在从事电视工作之前 |
[40:08] | you spent 15 years as a Texas Ranger. | 你做了15年的德州骑警 |
[40:11] | 杰克·波兹曼 骑警 | |
[40:13] | I assume it was that background that helped you win the job | 我想是你的背景帮你拿到了 |
[40:15] | as host on “Moving Targets”. | 「移动标靶」节目主持人的工作 |
[40:17] | Before you put in your papers in Texas, | 你从德州辞职前 |
[40:19] | one of your last assignments | 最后有个任务 |
[40:21] | was to serve on the panel that chooses the gear | 是参加为州警 |
[40:23] | for all of the state police, correct? | 选择装备的讨论组 对吧 |
[40:26] | It’s public record. | 这是公开记录 |
[40:27] | What’s not public record, yet, | 公开记录里没有的是 |
[40:29] | is that while you were on that panel, | 当你在那个讨论组的时候 |
[40:30] | the CEO of Alpha Hawk Industries, Clint Washburn, | 阿尔法鹰工业公司的总裁克林特·瓦施伯恩 |
[40:34] | paid you hundreds of thousands of dollars | 给了你几十万美金 |
[40:36] | to convince you to buy pistols from his company, | 来说服你买他们公司的手枪 |
[40:38] | and his company alone. | 而且只从他们公司买 |
[40:39] | You pocketed enough money | 你攒了足够的钱 |
[40:40] | to quit the Rangers and roll the dice at a TV career. | 辞了骑警的工作 到电视界碰运气 |
[40:43] | But you knew that if the truth ever came out, | 但你知道如果真相大白 |
[40:46] | you’d be looking at some serious prison time. | 你将会入狱很多年 |
[40:48] | We’re guessing you found out about Vlasik’s investigation | 我们猜测当你帮制片人调查她的背景时 |
[40:50] | into Alpha Hawk when you helped the producers vet her for the show. | 发现了弗拉西克在调查阿尔法鹰 |
[40:55] | Are we right about that, | 我们说得对吗 |
[40:56] | or did you find out some other way? | 还是你通过别的方法发现的 |
[40:59] | The saddest thing is, | 最可悲的是 |
[41:00] | if you had known the U.S. Attorney’s office was onto you, | 如果你知道联邦检察官办公室盯上了你 |
[41:03] | you might’ve let her live. | 你可能会放过她 |
[41:05] | Since you didn’t, you brought a shotgun to a paintball fight. | 但你并不知道 所以带了散弹枪到彩弹对战场 |
[41:12] | I’d like a lawyer now. | 我需要律师 |
[41:19] | Guy like that, | 像那样的人 |
[41:21] | using the job to line his own pockets, | 利用职务之便谋取私利 |
[41:22] | I almost wish he hadn’t put down his gun tonight. | 我都有点希望他今晚没放下枪了 |
[41:25] | Might wish that himself soon enough. | 也许很快他也会这样希望的 |
[41:27] | He’s a former lawman and a TV personality; | 他是前执法人员和电视名人 |
[41:30] | prison will not be pleasant. | 监狱不会让他好过的 |
[41:32] | 辛维尔 尽快来我这里 | |
[41:48] | Shinwell? | 辛维尔 |
[41:54] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[42:01] | Shinwell! | 辛维尔 |