时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Shinwell, you were shot at. | 辛维尔 你中枪了 |
[00:04] | – Leave it alone. – We can’t just do nothing. | -别管了 -我们不能坐视不管 |
[00:06] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[00:07] | Ballistics came back on a slug, | 一枚子弹的弹道分析 |
[00:09] | and it was a match for bullets collected | 跟12年前一起未破的谋杀案中 |
[00:11] | from an unsolved murder case 12 years ago. | 现场发现的子弹吻合 |
[00:14] | Victim’s name is Jameel Clark. | 当时的受害者叫贾米尔·克拉克 |
[00:15] | You shot at Shinwell, because 12 years ago | 是你冲辛维尔开的枪 因为12年前 |
[00:17] | he murdered your brother. | 他杀了你哥哥 |
[00:19] | Tell me I’m wrong. | 告诉我我错了 |
[00:30] | Sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[00:31] | Why are you sorry? | 为什么遗憾 |
[00:32] | Well, you care about Shinwell. | 你在意辛维尔 |
[00:34] | You’ve been nothing but kind to him. | 你一直对他很好 |
[00:37] | Learning he’s not the man that you thought he was, | 发现他不是你以为的那样 |
[00:39] | it must be disappointing. | 一定很让你失望 |
[00:41] | And you believe everything that Damon Clark told you? | 而你相信达蒙·克拉克说的一切 |
[00:43] | There’s no possibility he was lying? | 就不可能是他在说谎吗 |
[00:44] | I saw no indication. | 我没发现说谎的迹象 |
[00:46] | And keep in mind, he didn’t come to me. | 记住 不是他来找我 |
[00:48] | I went to him. | 是我找的他 |
[00:49] | I was looking for confirmation of a theory | 我想确认我的一个假设 |
[00:50] | based on my interpretation of his brother’s case, | 关于他哥哥那起凶案 |
[00:52] | and the recent attempt on Shinwell’s life. | 以及最近有人想杀辛维尔的事 |
[00:55] | 12 years ago, Shinwell murdered Jameel Clark. | 12年前 辛维尔杀了贾米尔·克拉克 |
[00:57] | It’s the only thing that makes any sense. | 只有这样才说得通 |
[00:59] | Maybe. Or maybe there was another reason | 也许吧 也可能达蒙还有别的原因 |
[01:02] | that Damon wanted to hurt Shinwell. | 想伤害辛维尔 |
[01:04] | – Watson… – You said it yourself, | -华生 -你自己也说了 |
[01:06] | you went to Damon– maybe Damon told you what you wanted to hear. | 你去找的达蒙 或许达蒙只是说了你想听的 |
[01:09] | He told a completely different story 12 years ago. | 他12年前说的完全不一样 |
[01:11] | He said he didn’t see or hear anything | 他说他哥哥遇害那晚 |
[01:13] | the night his brother was killed. | 他什么也不曾听到或看到 |
[01:14] | He was in fear for his life. | 他当时担心自己的安危 |
[01:16] | He remains in fear for his life. | 他这辈子都在担惊受怕 |
[01:17] | I’m just saying there is no actual proof | 我只是觉得 并没有确凿的证据 |
[01:20] | that Shinwell pulled the trigger. | 能证明是辛维尔开的枪 |
[01:22] | So it’s Damon’s word against his. | 所以是达蒙和他各执一词 |
[01:23] | We don’t even know Damon at all. | 我们甚至都不了解达蒙 |
[01:26] | – Not like we know Shinwell. – Do we know him? | -不像我们了解辛维尔 -我们了解他吗 |
[01:29] | Damon Clark has agreed to give a statement | 达蒙·克拉克承诺今天下午 |
[01:30] | to Detective Guzman this afternoon. | 向古兹曼警探汇报 |
[01:33] | I recommend you join them. | 我建议你跟着听下 |
[01:34] | Hear his testimony firsthand, | 直接听听他的证词 |
[01:36] | look him in the eye when he tells his story. | 在他陈述时 直视他的眼睛 |
[01:38] | And then tell me if you’re not convinced. | 然后再来跟我说你不信他的话 |
[01:45] | Unit 1056, | 1056号仓库 |
[01:46] | Several dozen boxes, contents unknown. | 几个盒子 不知道装了什么 |
[01:48] | Bidding starts at $100. | 起拍价一百美金 |
[01:49] | – 100. – 400. | -一百 -四百 |
[01:51] | Why so aggressive? You got a tip? | 怎么这么拼 你知道什么内幕吗 |
[01:53] | – Counter or don’t, kid. – 600. | -出钱或闭嘴 小子 -六百 |
[01:55] | 600. Do I hear 700? | 六百 有人出价七百吗 |
[01:57] | 700. Got 700, now 800. | -七百 -七百了 该八百了 |
[01:59] | Who’s in for 800? | 有人出价八百吗 |
[02:00] | 700 going once. | 七百一次 |
[02:02] | – 700 going twice… – 1,000. | -七百两次 -一千 |
[02:04] | 1,000. Do we have 1,100? | 一千 有人出价一千一吗 |
[02:06] | Too rich for me. | 对我来说太贵了 |
[02:07] | Going once, going twice. | 一次 两次 |
[02:09] | Sold to Xavier for 1,000. | 泽维尔以一千美金拍下 |
[02:14] | You want to stick around, see what you missed out on? | 你要留下看看你错过了什么吗 |
[02:21] | Come on… | 不是吧 |
[02:24] | Waterford Crystal. | 瓦德福水晶 |
[02:28] | Midnight Ranger number one. | 午夜游侠第一期 |
[02:31] | You hit the jackpot, kid. | 你撞大运了 小子 |
[02:34] | Hey, check that cabinet, would you? | 看看那个柜子 好吗 |
[02:48] | You just bought that. | 这可算你买了 |
[02:49] | Yeah, well… You just bought that. | 好吧 这可算你买的 |
[03:07] | The guy who rented this unit | 租下这个仓库的人 |
[03:09] | stopped paying his bill a couple months ago. | 几个月前不再付租金了 |
[03:12] | Now we know why. | 现在我们知道为什么了 |
[03:14] | We think that’s him? | 我们认为那是他吗 |
[03:15] | The manager here’s pretty sure. | 这里的经理挺确定的 |
[03:17] | Thing is, when I ran the I.D. | 问题是 在我搜索ID时 |
[03:19] | the renter used on his application, | 发现他申请表上填的租户 |
[03:20] | it came back to a who died in a single-vehicle accident | 两年前就死于一场 |
[03:23] | two years ago. | 单车事故 |
[03:25] | So whoever that is, he didn’t want his real name | 所以不管是谁 他当时都没用真名 |
[03:27] | attached to this place. | 租下这里 |
[03:29] | So he’s not just a mummy, he’s a John Doe. | 所以他不仅是个木乃伊 还是个无名氏 |
[03:32] | The body was stuffed into that cabinet. | 尸体被塞入了那个柜子 |
[03:36] | It’s air-tight, which is why no one smelled him. | 柜子是密封的 所以没人闻到气味 |
[03:38] | I presume that you noticed | 我想你已经注意到了吧 |
[03:40] | the identical entry and exit wounds on his torso? | 他躯干上的入口伤和出口伤一致 |
[03:42] | Yeah, like he was stabbed clean through with something. | 是 看起来像是被什么东西刺穿了 |
[03:45] | With a sword, most likely. | 最有可能是被剑刺透 |
[03:47] | Easy to imagine a trove like this | 这种地方很可能有个 |
[03:48] | containing an antique one. | 那样的古董 |
[03:50] | The killer might have grabbed it in the heat of the moment. | 凶手可能在盛怒之下拿起了剑 |
[03:52] | Yeah, well, whatever it was, he took it with him. | 不管凶器是什么 他把它带走了 |
[03:55] | And yet it betrayed him. | 可它仍然暴露了他 |
[03:56] | Despite what the motion picture industry would have us believe, | 不管电影上怎么演的 |
[03:59] | it is not easy to pierce skin, ribs, and muscle | 事实是要想一下子刺穿皮肤 肋骨和肌肉 |
[04:03] | in a single thrust. | 是很难的 |
[04:05] | So we’re looking for someone with a lot of upper body strength. | 所以我们要找的这个人 上肢肌肉发达 |
[04:08] | I say we should go and look for a guy like that | 我会说我们该去监控里 |
[04:10] | on the security footage for this place, | 找找那样的人 |
[04:12] | only there isn’t any. | 然而这里没有监控 |
[04:13] | One of the downsides of keeping your stuff | 把东西存在最便宜的仓库里 |
[04:16] | in the cheapest storage facility in town. | 就有这种弊端 |
[04:18] | It’s an upside if you’re a thief. | 对小偷来说却是好事 |
[04:20] | Pretty sure this wasn’t a robbery. | 这应该不是抢劫案 |
[04:21] | According to the guys who found the body, | 据发现尸体的人说 |
[04:23] | the killer left a small fortune behind. | 凶手留下了一些钱 |
[04:25] | No, I wasn’t talking about our killer, | 不 我不是说凶手 |
[04:26] | I was alluding the the thefts | 我是在暗示我们的 |
[04:28] | committed by our victim, John Doe. | 无名受害人的盗窃行为 |
[04:30] | He keeps a small fortune in a facility without any cameras. | 他在一栋没有摄像头的楼里存了一批财产 |
[04:34] | He uses a stolen ID to rent a unit | 他用一个偷来的身份证明 |
[04:35] | in the furthest corner of the building. | 在这栋楼最远的角落租了间仓库 |
[04:38] | He’s a thief if ever there was one. | 如果有贼的话 他就是 |
[04:40] | There’s a good chance at least some of the owners | 很有可能有某位失主 |
[04:41] | filed police reports, right? | 报了警 对吗 |
[04:42] | Wrong. | 错 |
[04:44] | Unless the NYPD maintains a robbery squad in the hereafter. | 除非纽约警局有来世抢劫组 |
[04:47] | All of these items have been labeled | 这些东西都带有 |
[04:48] | with their owners’ real names. | 写着主人真名的标签 |
[04:50] | What do they have in common? | 他们有什么共同点 |
[04:51] | They’re dead. | 他们都死了 |
[04:53] | They all died of natural causes in and around New York | 他们都于两年内在纽约和周边 |
[04:55] | within the last two years. | 因自然原因死亡 |
[04:57] | Note, none of their obituaries | 注意 他们的讣告 |
[04:59] | have any mention of any heirs, | 都没有提到任何继承人 |
[05:01] | And they all contain the same phone number | 而且里面都有同一个电话号码 |
[05:03] | to call should the reader feel that he or she | 供那些认为自己有权继承 |
[05:06] | has a claim over the decedent’s estate. | 死者遗产的人拨打 |
[05:08] | That’s the Manhattan Public Administrator’s Office. | 那是曼哈顿公共遗产管理办公室的电话 |
[05:11] | They protect the assets of people who die with no will. | 他们保护那些没有遗嘱的人的遗产 |
[05:14] | You think our victim worked for them? | 你觉得死者在那里工作 |
[05:16] | Who better to steal from the dead than the person | 谁能比给死人做财产分类的人 |
[05:18] | charged with sorting through their possessions? | 偷东西更方便 |
[05:22] | That’s Travis? W-What happened to him? | 这是特拉维斯 他怎么了 |
[05:26] | What happened is he was murdered. | 他被人谋杀了 |
[05:27] | – What? – Mr. Salas, | -什么 -萨拉斯先生 |
[05:30] | your supervisor at the Public Administrator’s Office | 你在公共遗产管理办公室的主管 |
[05:32] | not only helped us to confirm that this was Travis Unger, | 不光帮我们确认了这是特拉维斯·昂格尔 |
[05:34] | but she also told us that the two of you were partners. | 她还告诉我们你们是搭档 |
[05:37] | Or at least you were until he disappeared two months ago. | 至少在他两个月前失踪前你们是搭档 |
[05:39] | His body was discovered in a storage unit in Canarsie. | 他的尸体是在卡纳西的一个仓库被发现的 |
[05:43] | The unit was filled with stolen items from dead people, | 那个仓库装满了从死人那里偷来的东西 |
[05:46] | specifically the dead people the two of you | 尤其是你们两个 |
[05:49] | were assigned to look into. | 负责调查的死人 |
[05:51] | The city requires P.A. investigators | 市里要求公共遗产管理调查员 |
[05:53] | to work in pairs to prevent theft. | 两人一组工作以防盗窃 |
[05:55] | So either you were asleep on the job, | 所以要么你在工作时睡了觉 |
[05:57] | or you were helping Travis. | 要么你在给特拉维斯帮忙 |
[05:58] | We’re thinking you were partners in work and crime, | 我们认为你们搭档工作和犯罪 |
[06:01] | only something went south. | 可是出了点问题 |
[06:03] | Maybe Travis was keeping more than his share? | 也许特拉维斯太贪心了 |
[06:04] | Wait, wait, wait. You’re right about Travis | 等等 你说特拉维斯偷东西 |
[06:06] | stealing from people, okay? | 这没错 好吗 |
[06:09] | He’d throw me a few hundred bucks every now and then | 他时不时给我几百块 |
[06:11] | to look the other way. | 让我睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[06:13] | I’d go watch a movie, and leave him in people’s places, | 我会去看个电影 让他一个人在别人家 |
[06:16] | but that was it. | 但仅此而已 |
[06:18] | I wasn’t his partner, and I didn’t kill him. | 我不是他的搭档 也没有杀他 |
[06:20] | I didn’t even know he was dead until you showed me these pictures. | 直到你给我看这些照片我才知道他死了 |
[06:22] | So you’re not a killer, and you’re not a thief. | 所以你不是凶手 你也不是贼 |
[06:24] | Just a guy who doesn’t mind a friend ripping off the dead. | 只是一个不在乎朋友偷死人东西的家伙 |
[06:27] | I-I know how that sounds, | 我知道这听起来不好 |
[06:30] | but the people you’re talking about, | 但你们所说的那些人 |
[06:32] | half the time the P.A.’s Office | 有一半时间公共遗产管理办公室 |
[06:34] | doesn’t find heirs for them. | 找不到他们的继承人 |
[06:35] | They sell their stuff, and the proceeds go to the state. | 他们的东西被卖掉 收益归政府所有 |
[06:40] | Travis always thought that was crazy. | 特拉维斯一直觉得这很疯狂 |
[06:42] | We do all the work, New York gets all the money. | 工作都是我们做 钱都归纽约 |
[06:44] | Admitting that you were profiting from his exploits | 你承认从他的行为中获利 |
[06:46] | doesn’t really make you any less of a suspect | 也无法减轻你在他的谋杀案中的 |
[06:48] | in his murder, so… | 嫌疑 所以… |
[06:51] | The first day Travis didn’t come into work was January 27. | 特拉维斯没去上班的第一天是1月27日 |
[06:55] | I remember because our boss called me, | 我记得这个是因为老板给我打了电话 |
[06:56] | wanted to know if I heard from him. | 想知道我有没有他的消息 |
[06:58] | – So? – So I was on a cruise with my wife. | -所以呢 -我那时跟我妻子在参加巡游 |
[07:02] | I had been there for almost a week. | 我去了大约一个星期 |
[07:04] | That means the last time Travis was seen alive, | 也就是说特拉维斯上次被人看到时 |
[07:07] | I was out on a boat in the middle of the Pacific. | 我正在太平洋上的一艘船上 |
[07:10] | I’m gonna need the name of the cruise line. | 我需要巡游航线的名字 |
[07:19] | You can start writing now. | 你现在就可以开始写了 |
[07:21] | Sorry, it’s just… | 抱歉 只是… |
[07:24] | I remember when my boss called, | 我想起来我老板打电话的时候 |
[07:27] | I wasn’t worried. | 我一点都不担心 |
[07:29] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[07:31] | Before he disappeared, | 在他失踪之前 |
[07:33] | Travis left me a message. | 特拉维斯给我留了言 |
[07:36] | Said he found something from our last clear-out | 说他在我们上次清理时发现了点东西 |
[07:37] | that was gonna make him rich. | 能让他变得富有 |
[07:39] | When he stopped coming into work, | 当他不再上班的时候 |
[07:40] | I figured it was because he was sitting on a beach somewhere | 我以为那是因为他坐在某片海滩上 |
[07:43] | drinking Mai tais. | 喝着鸡尾酒 |
[07:48] | Well, whatever he took… | 不管他拿走的是什么 |
[07:51] | maybe it was too hot to handle. | 也许是块烫手的山芋 |
[07:54] | Got him killed. | 导致他被谋杀了 |
[07:55] | You don’t know what it was? | 你不知道是什么 |
[07:56] | No. | 不知道 |
[07:58] | But I know it came from the home of the last heirless person | 但我知道它来自我们最后负责的那个 |
[08:02] | we were assigned to. | 没有继承人的死者 |
[08:05] | Guy’s name is Milton Barker. | 那人叫米尔顿·巴克尔 |
[08:08] | Whatever Travis didn’t take would have gotten boxed up | 特拉维斯没有拿走的东西会被打包 |
[08:10] | and sent to the warehouse. | 送去库房 |
[08:12] | Warehouse? | 库房 |
[08:13] | The P.A.’s warehouse. | 公共遗产管理办公室的库房 |
[08:15] | If you die without a will or heirs, | 如果你没有遗嘱和继承人 |
[08:18] | your stuff gets sent there while we investigate. | 你的东西在我们调查期间会被送去那里 |
[08:20] | Look at Milton Barker’s stuff. | 去查查米尔顿·巴克的东西 |
[08:23] | Maybe you could figure out what’s missing. | 也许你们能发现什么东西不见了 |
[08:26] | Am I the only one keeping an eye out | 只有我在留意 |
[08:28] | for the lost Ark of the Covenant? | 遗失的约柜的吗 |
[08:30] | Nah, that’s in a warehouse in Yemen. | 不 约柜在摩西的仓库里 |
[08:33] | I was joking. | 我开玩笑的 |
[08:34] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[08:36] | Crate 10997– last earthly possessions of Milton Barker. | 货箱10997 米尔顿·巴克尔生前最后的财产 |
[08:40] | Or at least the last earthly possessions | 或者至少是没被特拉维斯·昂格尔偷走的 |
[08:42] | that weren’t stolen by Travis Unger. | 生前最后的财产 |
[08:44] | Says here Mr. Barker was an insurance adjustor, | 这里说巴克先生是一名保险理赔员 |
[08:46] | died of a stroke, age 86, no known heirs. | 86岁死于中风 没有已知子女 |
[08:49] | So, how do you open this? | 所以 你怎么打开这个 |
[08:53] | I don’t. | 我可不开 |
[08:55] | So far, | 目前为止 |
[08:56] | I’d say the only thing missing is a tie to go with this shirt. | 要我说唯一丢的东西就是搭这衬衫的领带 |
[09:02] | Is that an antique? | 那是个古董吗 |
[09:03] | Easily. This is an 18th century sea chest. | 多半是 这是18世纪的航海箱 |
[09:07] | Sailors used to keep their personal effects inside. | 水手们用来装自己的私人物品 |
[09:09] | Judging by the look of this one, | 根据这个箱子的外表判断 |
[09:10] | it belonged to a person of quite some standing. | 它属于某个很有地位的人 |
[09:12] | Ship’s captain, perhaps. | 可能是船长 |
[09:32] | Emerson Barker. | 爱默生·巴克 |
[09:35] | No doubt an ancestor of Milton. | 毫无疑问是米尔顿的祖先 |
[09:44] | You smell something? | 你闻到什么了吗 |
[09:46] | It’s vanilla with an almond finish. | 香草带着杏仁的后味 |
[09:48] | The odor is created by the breakdown | 气味是由纤维素和木质素的 |
[09:50] | of cellulose and lignin, | 分解造成的 |
[09:51] | two of the components of paper. | 那是造纸的两种所需成分 |
[09:53] | It’s what gives old books their smell. | 就是它们让旧书有了独特的气味 |
[09:55] | And yet… | 然而 |
[09:57] | There’s no old book in there. | 这里没有旧书 |
[09:59] | Judging by its placement inside a captain’s chest, | 根据船长航海箱的布局来看 |
[10:02] | I’ll bet it was a captain’s log. | 我猜是船长日志 |
[10:05] | Might also be what Travis Unger stole. | 也可能是特拉维斯·昂格尔偷的东西 |
[10:08] | Okay. But if he thought Emerson Barker’s stuff was valuable, | 好吧 但如果他认为爱默生的东西很值钱 |
[10:10] | why not take it all? | 为什么不都拿走 |
[10:12] | Why just the log? | 为什么只拿日志 |
[10:16] | I had just fallen asleep | 我刚睡着 |
[10:18] | when their voices woke me up. | 他们的讲话声就把我吵醒了 |
[10:20] | Shinwell and my brother. | 辛维尔和我弟弟 |
[10:23] | They were laughing, I don’t know about what. | 他们在笑 我不知道笑什么 |
[10:25] | I heard the refrigerator door open, | 我听到冰箱门开了 |
[10:27] | and then all of a sudden… | 然后突然 |
[10:29] | three gunshots. | 三声枪响 |
[10:33] | Pop, pop, pop, like firecrackers. | 嘭 嘭 嘭 就像鞭炮 |
[10:36] | And I hid in my room | 我躲在我房间里 |
[10:38] | until I heard the front door close, | 直到我听到前门关上了 |
[10:40] | and I went out… | 然后我出去 |
[10:42] | and I saw Jameel on the kitchen floor. | 我看到贾米尔躺在厨房地上 |
[10:49] | Blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 |
[10:51] | And, uh, Shinwell was gone. | 辛维尔不在 |
[10:54] | I thought that maybe he had ran after the killer. | 我想着他可能是去追凶手了 |
[10:58] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[11:00] | him and Jameel were like brothers. | 他和贾米尔情同手足 |
[11:03] | But then I-I looked out the window and… | 可然后 我看向窗外 |
[11:07] | I saw him… | 我看到他在 |
[11:10] | walking. | 走路 |
[11:12] | Not running, walking. | 没有跑 在走 |
[11:15] | And he stopped to throw something in a garbage can, | 他停下来扔了个东西进垃圾箱 |
[11:17] | and then he just… | 然后他就 |
[11:20] | walked away. | 走开了 |
[11:23] | And I-I don’t know why, but I-I-I… | 我也不知道为什么 可我 |
[11:25] | I ran outside and, um, | 我跑出去 |
[11:28] | I went to the garbage can and I put my hand in it | 我跑到垃圾箱 把手伸进去 |
[11:31] | and then I-I reached around and… | 我摸了一会儿 然后 |
[11:34] | and that’s when I found it. | 我发现了它 |
[11:36] | Found what? | 发现了什么 |
[11:38] | The gun. | 枪 |
[11:41] | The gun he used to kill Jameel. | 他用来杀害贾米尔的枪 |
[11:43] | Only, instead of giving the gun to the authorities, you kept it. | 但是你没把枪上交有关部门 而是留下了它 |
[11:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:48] | Because I needed a gun. | 因为我需要一把枪 |
[11:50] | To do what? | 干什么 |
[11:52] | Kill Shinwell. | 杀了辛维尔 |
[11:55] | I heard he was going to be at the funeral, | 我听说他会去葬礼 |
[11:56] | so I brought it with me. | 所以我把枪带去了 |
[11:58] | I was gonna do it right there, | 我本来打算在那里动手的 |
[12:01] | right in front of Jameel. | 就在贾米尔面前 |
[12:03] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[12:09] | I was ten. | 我那时才10岁 |
[12:12] | I-I thought I was gonna get another chance, but then– | 我想我还有机会 可然后 |
[12:15] | but then Shinwell got sent upstate and that was that. | 然后辛维尔就被送到北边去了 就这样 |
[12:19] | Until a few nights ago. | 直到几天前 |
[12:20] | Yeah, I, uh, | 是的 我 |
[12:23] | I heard he got out and started rolling with SBK | 我听说他出来了 开始混SBK |
[12:25] | like nothing ever happened. | 就像一切都没发生过似的 |
[12:29] | I owed it to Jameel to try again. | 我欠贾米尔再试一次的机会 |
[12:31] | But I missed. | 但我没打中 |
[12:33] | And after that, I threw the gun into the East River. | 之后 我把枪扔进了东河 |
[12:39] | I guess I’m no killer. | 我猜我不是杀人的料吧 |
[12:42] | But Shinwell sure as hell is. | 但辛维尔一定是 |
[12:53] | Damon Clark’s story rang as true for you as it did for me. | 你跟我一样觉得戴蒙·克拉克的故事是真的 |
[12:56] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[12:58] | Pretty sure I’m the one who should be apologizing. | 很确定我才是应该要道歉的 |
[13:01] | I let a killer into our lives. | 我让一个杀手走进了我们的生活 |
[13:03] | It’s not like I haven’t exposed you to the occasional killer. | 就像我也把你暴露给了偶尔的杀手 |
[13:06] | What did Detective Guzman have to say? | 古兹曼警探说什么了 |
[13:08] | Not much, actually. | 没什么 其实 |
[13:09] | He doesn’t think the D.A. is gonna want to pursue it. | 他不认为地检会继续抓着不放 |
[13:13] | Damon is an unreliable witness, at best. | 戴蒙最多也就是个不可靠的证人 |
[13:15] | And Shinwell has proven himself to be a strong informant. | 而辛维尔已经证明了自己是个强有力的线人 |
[13:18] | So now what? | 所以现在怎么办 |
[13:20] | Now, we take a respite. | 现在 我们暂缓一下 |
[13:22] | There is a more recent murder demands our attention. | 现在有一个谋杀案需要我们调查一下 |
[13:24] | Oh, yeah, I got your text earlier. | 是的 我收到你先前发的短信了 |
[13:25] | So you think that Unger stole an old book | 你认为昂格尔从一个航海箱里 |
[13:27] | from a sea chest? | 偷走了一本旧书吗 |
[13:29] | Not a book, a captain’s log. | 不是书 是船长的日志 |
[13:31] | I initially thought the log to be that of Captain Emerson Barker, | 我一开始以为那本日志是爱默生·巴克船长的 |
[13:34] | the chest’s original owner. | 也就是箱子原本的主人 |
[13:35] | Only it wasn’t? | 但不是吗 |
[13:36] | A little research revealed that Captain Emerson Barker | 我调查了一下 原来爱默生·巴克船长 |
[13:38] | ran rum and sugar between the West Indies and New York | 曾在1692年到1705年间往返于 |
[13:41] | from 1692 to 1705. | 西印度群岛和纽约运送朗姆酒和糖 |
[13:43] | His tenure was notably uneventful, | 他在任期内的表现很平凡 |
[13:46] | and yet, every single one of his logbooks | 然而 他的每一本日志 |
[13:48] | ended up in the archives of the New York Public Library. | 最后都进了纽约公共图书馆的档案 |
[13:51] | Their collection covers his entire career. | 他们的藏品覆盖了他的整个职业生涯 |
[13:53] | That is, in fact, | 事实上 |
[13:54] | the only thing that is noteworthy about them. | 唯一值得注意的是 |
[13:56] | There aren’t any missing volumes. | 他们的收藏是完整的 |
[13:59] | So if you’re right that Travis Unger stole something | 所以 如果特拉维斯·昂格尔真的 |
[14:01] | from Barker’s chest, | 从巴克的箱子里偷了东西 |
[14:04] | it had to have been some other kind of book. | 那么肯定是别的什么书 |
[14:06] | No. I remain convinced it was a captain’s log. | 不 我仍然相信那是船长的日志 |
[14:09] | But you just said… | 可你刚刚却说 |
[14:09] | Come. | 过来 |
[14:12] | Pages from the logbooks of Captain Emerson Barker, | 这是爱默生·巴克船长日志里的内容 |
[14:15] | courtesy of the New York Public Library’s online archives. | 从纽约公共图书馆在线资源里找到的 |
[14:19] | Now, these entries | 这些条目 |
[14:21] | represent one week aboard Captain Emerson’s ship, | 记录了爱默生船长船上的一周 |
[14:24] | recorded in his own hand. | 他自己手写的 |
[14:25] | Now, he, like everyone else in Colonial times, | 他跟所有殖民时期的人一样 |
[14:27] | wrote with ink and quill. | 是用羽毛笔蘸墨水写的 |
[14:29] | Captain Barker would have had to mix fresh ink every day. | 巴克船长每天都要调墨水 |
[14:32] | Therefore, one would expect | 所以 可以得知 |
[14:34] | each entry to be slightly different | 每一个条目在阴影和一致性上 |
[14:37] | in shade and consistency. | 都会有一点点不一样 |
[14:38] | These all look the same. | 这些看上去都是一样的 |
[14:39] | That’s because three to four times a year, | 那是因为一年里有三到四次 |
[14:41] | Captain Barker used the same ink mixture | 巴克船长会用同样的墨水 |
[14:44] | to write several weeks’ worth of entries in a single day. | 在一天内写完几周的量 |
[14:47] | You think he was making them up? | 你认为他是编造的内容 |
[14:49] | Oh, I know he was. | 我很确定 |
[14:50] | I’ve compared his writings to the logs of other ships | 我拿同一时期在他周围的几艘船的日志 |
[14:53] | that were supposedly near his at the time of these entries. | 跟他写的内容比对了一下 |
[14:55] | And the weather data doesn’t match. Why? | 天气数据不一致 为什么呢 |
[14:57] | Because his data is fabricated. | 因为他的数据是编造的 |
[15:00] | Why would he do something like that? | 他为什么要那么做 |
[15:01] | Shortly before you returned, I discovered that | 在你回来前不久 我发现 |
[15:05] | his missing weeks overlap with attacks on ships at sea, | 他缺失的那几周 海上有不少船只都遭受了 |
[15:08] | by a pirate named “Black Peter”. | 一个叫黑彼得的海盗的袭击 |
[15:11] | Wait a second. Are you saying that Emerson Barker was a pirate? | 等等 你是说爱默生·巴克是海盗吗 |
[15:14] | More specifically, a part-time pirate. | 更准确地说 是兼职海盗 |
[15:17] | He and his crew led a double life. | 他和他的船员有双重身份 |
[15:19] | When they weren’t hauling their own cargo, | 当他们不运送自己的货物时 |
[15:20] | they were relieving other ships of theirs. | 就去别的船上抢 |
[15:22] | Quite clever, when you think about it. | 仔细想想 还真挺聪明的 |
[15:24] | Okay, say you’re right. | 好吧 假设你说得对 |
[15:25] | What does all this have to do with Travis Unger? | 那这跟特拉维斯·昂格尔有什么关系呢 |
[15:26] | A pirate captain is still a captain. | 海盗船长也是船长 |
[15:28] | Still needs to record weather conditions, | 还是要记录天气情况 |
[15:29] | latitude, longitude, profit shares. | 经纬度 利润分成 |
[15:32] | He still needs to keep a log. | 他还是需要记日志 |
[15:34] | So, you think that’s the book that Travis Unger stole. | 所以你认为特拉维斯·昂格尔偷的是那本日志 |
[15:36] | Throughout his career, | 在黑彼得的生涯里 |
[15:37] | Black Peter raided dozens of Spanish galleons | 他洗劫了几十艘满载黄金的 |
[15:40] | loaded with gold. | 西班牙大帆船 |
[15:41] | Lore has it he hid the booty in New York City. | 传说他把赃物藏在了纽约 |
[15:44] | No one knows what happened to it. | 可没人知道它们的下落 |
[15:46] | But it’s quite possible that he recorded its location | 但很有可能他把位置记录在了 |
[15:48] | in his secret logbook. | 那本秘密日志上 |
[15:51] | The same logbook our victim stole. | 也就是死者偷走的那本 |
[15:55] | Unger told his partner that he found something | 昂格尔跟他伙伴说他发现了一些东西 |
[15:57] | that was gonna make him rich. | 可以让他大发一笔 |
[15:59] | I’d say a treasure map fits the bill, wouldn’t you? | 我觉得藏宝图很符合描述 对吧 |
[16:13] | Pirate treasure in New York? | 藏在纽约的海盗宝藏 |
[16:16] | Piracy was actually a vital part of the Colonial economy. | 事实上 海盗是殖民经济重要的一部分 |
[16:18] | Many a privateer roamed Manhattan’s streets | 许多私掠船船员漫步在曼哈顿的街头 |
[16:20] | squandering their stolen doubloons on wine and wenches. | 把他们偷来的金币挥霍在酒和女人身上 |
[16:23] | And never a place to turn away a good customer, | 没有哪个地方会拒绝这么好的顾客 |
[16:25] | the city welcomed them with open arms. | 整个城市都非常欢迎他们 |
[16:27] | Much as they do the pirates that roam Wall Street today. | 就像现在华尔街上的海盗一样 |
[16:29] | Oh, well, let’s say this, Black Peter | 我们假设这个黑彼得 |
[16:32] | did bury some gold somewhere in the city. | 真的在市里某个地方藏了金子 |
[16:33] | Don’t you think someone would’ve found it by now? | 难道别人不会早就发现了吗 |
[16:35] | We did some research, and we’re pretty sure | 我们做了一些调查 我们非常确定 |
[16:38] | this is not about Black Peter’s personal treasure. | 这并不是为了黑彼得的私人宝藏 |
[16:40] | According to historical records, | 根据历史记录 |
[16:42] | Emerson Barker, AKA Black Peter, | 爱默生·巴克 也就是黑彼得 |
[16:44] | invested his loot into the South Sea Company, | 把他抢劫来的财富投资了南海公司 |
[16:47] | which famously went bankrupt in 1720. | 而这家公司在1720年破产了 |
[16:49] | But according to historians who are familiar with his exploits, | 但是据熟悉他伟绩的历史学家说 |
[16:51] | Black Peter also claimed to know | 黑彼得还声称他知道 |
[16:53] | the location of a different treasure, | 另一处宝藏的位置 |
[16:55] | a lost fortune he was never able to get his hands on. | 很大一笔他从没拿到的宝藏 |
[16:57] | Right now, we’re operating on the theory | 现在 我们的观点是 |
[16:59] | that the stolen logbook contains the location | 被偷走的那本日志上记录了 |
[17:01] | of that treasure. | 那笔宝藏的位置 |
[17:02] | So, what, we should put out a Finest Message for a giant “X”? | 那怎么着 难道我们要发公告 |
[17:05] | on a sidewalk? | 征集人行道上的大X吗 |
[17:06] | 50 paces from the old oak tree? | 距离老橡树五十步 |
[17:09] | Actually, we don’t think the treasure was buried. | 实际上 我们认为宝藏并没有埋在地下 |
[17:11] | We think it might be underwater. | 我们认为可能是在水底 |
[17:12] | I pulled Travis Unger’s credit records. | 我们调取了特拉维斯·昂格尔的信用卡记录 |
[17:15] | One of the last places he used his card was a bar | 他最后一次用卡的地方是在 |
[17:17] | called The Salty Bog. | 一个叫盐沼的酒吧 |
[17:19] | It’s near the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal, | 在布鲁克林南部海军码头附近 |
[17:21] | it’s a popular hangout for scuba divers | 那地方常客都是些潜水员 |
[17:23] | and marine salvagers. | 和打捞者 |
[17:24] | If Unger had discovered the location of the sunken treasure, | 如果昂格尔发现了沉没宝藏的地点 |
[17:27] | he would’ve needed help from someone with the right skills | 他会需要找一些懂得技巧 |
[17:29] | and resources to retrieve it. | 并且拥有资源的人去打捞 |
[17:31] | The bar would be a good place | 这酒吧就是个 |
[17:32] | to look for a partner. | 找合伙人的不错地方 |
[17:35] | A bartender at The Salty Bog told us | 盐沼酒吧的一个酒保告诉我们 |
[17:37] | Travis Unger came in a couple months ago, | 特拉维斯·昂格尔几个月前去过 |
[17:39] | looking for someone who could help him get to a ship | 要找一个能帮助他潜入一艘 |
[17:41] | at the bottom of the ocean. | 海底的沉船的人 |
[17:43] | He said he pointed Unger | 他说他把昂格尔 |
[17:44] | in your direction, Mr. Vestergaard. | 介绍给你了 韦斯特高先生 |
[17:46] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[17:47] | He said he had a logbook that belonged to Black Peter. | 他说他有一本黑彼得的航海日志 |
[17:50] | You know who that is? | 你知道那是谁吗 |
[17:51] | He said the logbook contained the location | 他说那本航海日志里 |
[17:53] | of a sunken Spanish galleon | 有一艘西班牙加利恩帆船 |
[17:55] | called the Santa Leticia in it. | 圣莱蒂西亚号的沉没地点 |
[17:57] | The Santa Leticia supposedly went down | 圣莱蒂西亚号沉没时 |
[17:58] | with a fortune of gold onboard. | 船上应该是载着一大笔金子 |
[18:00] | He wanted me to provide a ship and the labor to pull it up. | 他想让我提供船和人员拉它上来 |
[18:02] | Offered to split the take fifty-fifty. | 说可以和我平分 |
[18:05] | I told him I wasn’t interested. | 我告诉他我没兴趣 |
[18:06] | You’re an ardent treasure hunter. | 你可是个很热衷的宝藏猎人 |
[18:08] | According to an interview, | 根据一个采访说 |
[18:09] | you only operate your commercial salvage business | 你做打捞生意 |
[18:11] | to fund your expeditions. | 只是为了资助你的冒险 |
[18:12] | So why would you turn down | 那你为什么要拒绝 |
[18:13] | the lead to a potential fortune in gold? | 一个能发现金币财宝的机会呢 |
[18:17] | Something happened to this guy, right? | 这家伙出事了 对吧 |
[18:20] | Is that why you’re here? You think I did it? | 所以你们才来这里吗 你们认为是我干的 |
[18:23] | Travis Unger was murdered the day after the two of you met. | 特拉维斯·昂格尔在与你见面后就被杀了 |
[18:26] | Maybe you wanted Black Peter’s logbook, | 也许你想要黑彼得的航海日志 |
[18:28] | but you didn’t want to split the treasure. | 但你不想平分财宝 |
[18:30] | So you killed Travis and took the book. | 所以你杀了特拉维斯拿走日志 |
[18:32] | I mean, you are accustomed to looting the dead, after all. | 我是说 毕竟你已经习惯了打劫死人 |
[18:35] | No. | 不 |
[18:36] | No, you-you got the wrong guy. I didn’t kill anyone. | 你们搞错人了 我没杀人 |
[18:40] | Look, I turned him down | 我之所以拒绝他 |
[18:40] | because I already knew the location of the Santa Leticia. | 是因为我已经知道了圣莱蒂西亚号的位置 |
[18:45] | I first found out about the Santa Leticia in 2013 | 我第一次发现圣莱蒂西亚号是在2013年 |
[18:48] | when I was digging through some old files in Seville. | 当时我翻查了一些塞维利亚的老文件 |
[18:51] | It took me years, but I finally found her. | 花了我几年时间 但我终于找到她了 |
[18:54] | Very next day, I applied with the Admiralty Courts | 接下来 我向海事法院 |
[18:56] | for salvage title, which they granted. | 申请打捞权限 他们准许了 |
[18:58] | Over a year ago, long before I ever met Travis Unger. | 这是一年前的事 早在我见昂格尔之前 |
[19:02] | All right, well, we’re gonna have to verify this. | 好吧 我们要验证下这个事 |
[19:04] | Feel free. I’ll give you numbers of some of my investors, too. | 请便 我还会给你我投资者的电话 |
[19:07] | Investors? | 投资者 |
[19:08] | The Santa Leticia is in deep water, half a mile down. | 圣莱蒂西亚号在深海 半英里深 |
[19:12] | That kind of salvage job costs about a million dollars. | 这类打捞工作会花费上百万美元 |
[19:14] | I had already sold 50% of the treasure to my investors. | 我已经把一半的宝藏卖给投资者了 |
[19:17] | If I’d given him 50%, | 如果再给他一半 |
[19:19] | I would’ve been left with nothing. | 我就什么都没有了 |
[19:20] | And besides, there’s a DVD in the back of that file. | 而且 这文件后边有张DVD |
[19:23] | It shows video of us when we finally made it | 上边记录着我们两周前 |
[19:24] | to the Santa Leticia about two weeks ago. | 最终找到圣莱蒂西亚号的画面 |
[19:27] | It’s proof that somebody else | 它证明了有别人 |
[19:29] | ended up with Black Peter’s logbook. | 拿到了黑彼得的航海日志 |
[19:31] | Because when my crew and I got down there, | 因为当我的组员下去的时候 |
[19:33] | that ship had been picked clean. | 那船已经被掏空了 |
[19:35] | Based on the condition of the wreck, | 根据沉船的状态来看 |
[19:36] | someone beat us to the gold by days. | 有人比我们早几天拿到了金子 |
[19:39] | Weeks, at most. | 最多几周 |
[19:40] | So you think Travis Unger tried to partner with someone else. | 所以特拉维斯·昂格尔想要和别人搭档 |
[19:44] | That person killed him, took the book, | 那人杀了他 拿走了日志 |
[19:45] | and got to the Santa Leticia before you? | 然后在你之前找到了圣莱蒂西亚号 |
[19:47] | Yeah, you want to find who killed Travis Unger? | 你想找出是谁杀了特拉维斯·昂格尔 |
[19:49] | I’d start by finding the people who stole my treasure. | 要是我就去找出谁偷了我的宝藏 |
[19:54] | Thanks. That’ll do the trick. | 谢了 这样就行了 |
[19:56] | The National Weather Service says they’ll send us | 国家气象局说他们会发给我们 |
[19:58] | the last two months of satellite footage | 韦斯特高先生给我们的这个坐标 |
[20:00] | covering the coordinates Mr. Vestergaard gave us. | 过去两个月的卫星图像 |
[20:03] | Should be easy enough to spot a vessel | 应该很容易能找到 |
[20:04] | which anchored above the Santa Leticia | 在圣莱蒂西亚号上停了足够长时间 |
[20:06] | long enough to loot her. | 来洗劫它的船 |
[20:08] | Keep me posted, would you? | 随时告诉我进展 好吗 |
[20:10] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[20:12] | The respite I mentioned last night? | 我昨晚提过的暂缓 |
[20:13] | It’s over. | 现在不缓了 |
[20:27] | You know I don’t like it when you do this. | 你知道我不喜欢你这样 |
[20:28] | Nobody does. | 没人喜欢 |
[20:32] | What’s up? What did I do? | 又怎么了 我干了什么 |
[20:34] | Did I miss an appointment or something? | 我是错过了约定还是什么 |
[20:37] | I require information. | 我需要信息 |
[20:39] | About? | 关于什么的 |
[20:40] | A murder. | 一起谋杀案 |
[20:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[20:43] | I know you killed Jameel Clark. | 我知道你杀了贾米尔·克拉克 |
[20:48] | What I don’t know is why. | 我不知道的是为什么 |
[20:51] | I told you everything I know about what happened to Jameel. | 我把我知道的关于贾米尔的事都告诉你了 |
[20:54] | You told me everything you wanted me to know. | 你告诉了我你想让我知道的事 |
[20:56] | You left out the bits about shooting him in the back, | 你忽略了你从背后射杀他 |
[20:59] | dropping the weapon in a garbage can. | 把凶器扔到垃圾桶里的事 |
[21:02] | Believe it or not, I’m here because I want to help you. | 不管你信不信 我来这里是因为我想帮你 |
[21:07] | Do tell. | 请说 |
[21:09] | 12 years ago, you made a mistake. | 十二年前 你犯了个错误 |
[21:12] | Now obviously, you regret it. | 很显然你很后悔 |
[21:15] | Or you wouldn’t have become an informant for the department. | 否则你不会成为警局的线人 |
[21:18] | You wouldn’t have devoted yourself to dismantling SBK. | 不会致力于摧毁SBK |
[21:23] | You’re not the man you were. | 你已经不是过去的你了 |
[21:25] | That could not be more plain. | 这已经再明显不过了 |
[21:27] | But the truth must out. | 但你必须说出真相 |
[21:31] | So tell me what happened that night | 告诉我那天晚上发生了什么 |
[21:36] | What drove you to take Jameel’s life? | 是什么让你夺走了贾米尔的命 |
[21:39] | I loved Jameel. | 我爱贾米尔 |
[21:41] | Like he was a brother. | 他像是我的兄弟 |
[21:43] | So why did you shoot him three times in the back? | 那你为什么要在他背后连开三枪 |
[21:46] | You know what? I think you should leave. | 我觉得你该走了 |
[21:47] | You have a relationship with the police, | 你和警察以及地检有联系 |
[21:49] | and with the district attorney. | 你应该知道 |
[21:53] | You must realize that there’s a deal to be made if you confess. | 如果你坦白了 可以达成协议 |
[21:56] | There’s nothing to confess. | 没什么需要坦白的 |
[21:58] | So, if you don’t mind… | 如果你不介意 |
[22:01] | You’re making a mistake. | 你在犯错 |
[22:02] | No, the mistake is yours. | 不 是你犯错了 |
[22:04] | I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没杀人 |
[22:13] | It’s good luck you caught me. | 你们找到了我真是运气好 |
[22:15] | I was planning to set sail for Sardinia tomorrow morning. | 我本打算明天早上出航去撒丁岛 |
[22:18] | So… | 所以 |
[22:19] | how can I help the NYPD? | 我能帮纽约警局什么 |
[22:22] | Well, last month, a sunken treasure ship | 上个月 一艘名为圣莱蒂西亚号的 |
[22:24] | named the Santa Leticia was looted, | 宝藏船被洗劫一空 |
[22:26] | and satellite photos show your yacht, | 卫星照片显示了你的游艇 |
[22:29] | the Sea Unicorn, anchored at the coordinates | 海上独角兽号 在那个坐标点 |
[22:31] | for well over a week. | 停留了一个多星期 |
[22:33] | We know you consider yourself an amateur treasure hunter, | 我们知道你自认为是个业余寻宝人 |
[22:36] | and that you maintain a private collection of the things | 在你利雅得的家里 |
[22:38] | that you’ve found over the years at your home in Riyadh. | 收藏着你这些年找到的一些东西 |
[22:41] | So tell us, | 所以告诉我们 |
[22:42] | if we get a warrant to search your ship, | 如果我们拿到搜查证去搜查你的船 |
[22:44] | are we gonna find the Santa Leticia’s gold onboard? | 会在船上找到圣莱蒂西亚的金币吗 |
[22:48] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[22:53] | You don’t deny looting the treasure? | 你不否认拿走了宝藏 |
[22:55] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[22:56] | Would you like to see a sample? | 你们想看吗 |
[22:58] | Actually, that would be very helpful. | 那会对我们有很大帮助 |
[23:02] | I carry this one with me for good luck. | 我带着这枚当作好运符 |
[23:04] | It’s the first one found by my divers | 这是我的潜水员找到的第一枚 |
[23:06] | and very precious to me. | 对我来说很宝贵 |
[23:08] | But you’re more than welcome to come to the ship | 但是很欢迎你们来船上 |
[23:10] | to see the rest of the treasure. | 看剩下的宝藏 |
[23:11] | You don’t happen to have a logbook there | 你不会碰巧有一本 |
[23:12] | written by a man named Black Peter, do you? | 黑彼得的日志吧 |
[23:15] | It’s with the rest of the treasure. | 它和剩下的宝藏放在一起 |
[23:18] | You know Black Peter? | 你们知道黑彼得吗 |
[23:19] | He is one of my favorite pirates. | 他是我最喜欢的海盗之一 |
[23:22] | Mr. Al-Asmari, | 阿尔阿斯玛里先生 |
[23:23] | that logbook was once in the possession | 那本日志曾经属于 |
[23:26] | of a man by the name of Travis Unger. | 一个叫特拉维斯·昂格尔的人 |
[23:30] | He was looking for a partner to help retrieve the treasure. | 他之前在找愿意和他一起寻宝的人 |
[23:33] | He was offering a fifty-fifty split. | 他承诺对半分 |
[23:36] | But he was murdered. | 但是他被谋杀了 |
[23:40] | And now you’re admitting to having his book and the treasure. | 而现在你承认你拥有日志和宝藏 |
[23:44] | I’m sorry to hear that this man is dead, | 我很遗憾听到他死了 |
[23:47] | but I’ve never seen him before. | 但是我从没见过他 |
[23:50] | And I certainly would not have killed him | 而且我绝对没有通过杀了他 |
[23:51] | to find the location of Santa Leticia. | 来获得圣莱蒂西亚的地点 |
[23:53] | Why would I? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[23:55] | This is a million-dollar watch. | 这只手表价值百万 |
[23:57] | My shoes cost $5,000. | 我的鞋价值五千美元 |
[23:59] | I have more money than I know what to do with. | 我的钱多到我不知道怎么花了 |
[24:01] | I don’t need to steal or kill to get what I want. | 我不需要通过偷窃和杀人来得到我想要的 |
[24:04] | I’d have happily shared the treasure with this Travis Unger. | 我会很乐意和特拉维斯·昂格尔分享宝藏 |
[24:08] | He never approached me. | 他没有找过我 |
[24:10] | If you never met him, | 如果你从没见过他 |
[24:11] | where did you get Black Peter’s logbook? | 那你从哪儿得到黑彼得的日志的 |
[24:13] | I bought it. | 我买的 |
[24:14] | From? | 从谁那买的 |
[24:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:17] | I made the purchase on the Dark Web. | 我在暗网上买的 |
[24:19] | The seller wished to remain anonymous. | 卖家想保持匿名状态 |
[24:21] | I paid 25,000 American dollars. | 我付了两万五千美元 |
[24:23] | Travis Unger wanted 50% of a treasure worth millions. | 特拉维斯·昂格尔想要的是百万宝藏的一半 |
[24:26] | There’s no way he sold the logbook for $25,000. | 他不可能把日志只卖两万五千美元 |
[24:31] | You think I bought the logbook from the man who killed this man. | 你觉得我从凶手那里买到的日志 |
[24:37] | But the transaction was made entirely | 但交易全程都是 |
[24:39] | via screen names and encrypted e-mails. | 通过网名和加密的邮件 |
[24:43] | Do you at least remember his screen name? | 那你至少还记得他的网名吗 |
[24:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[24:47] | It was Kashgar. | 是喀什葛尔 |
[24:49] | Like the city on the Silk Road. | 跟丝绸之路上的那个城市名一样 |
[25:07] | Mason? | 梅森 |
[25:11] | I take it the partially melted statue of Coatlicue, | 我猜这个一部分融化了的科阿特立雕像 |
[25:13] | the Aztec earth goddess, | 阿兹台克人的大地女神 |
[25:14] | has something to do with the hunt for a Dark Web dealer | 和寻找暗网上那个把海盗日志 |
[25:16] | who sold a pirate’s logbook to a Saudi billionaire? | 卖给沙特亿万富翁的卖家有关系 |
[25:18] | His name is Kashgar, and Joan is totally catfishing him. | 他的名字是喀什葛尔 乔恩在钓他出来 |
[25:23] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[25:24] | I figure Kashgar either killed Travis Unger himself | 我猜喀什葛尔要么亲自杀了特拉维斯·昂格尔 |
[25:26] | or knows the person who did. | 要么知道是谁杀的 |
[25:27] | So I came up with a plan to identify him. | 所以我想了个找到他的方法 |
[25:29] | We bought that statue from Kashgar. | 那雕像是我们从喀什葛尔那里买的 |
[25:31] | Well, actually, not that statue. That’s a fake. | 实际上 不是那座 那是假的 |
[25:34] | We bought a real one though. It’s in the basement. | 但是我们买了真的 在地下室 |
[25:36] | I asked Mason to use one of the 3-D industrial printers | 我让梅森用他大学里的3D打印机 |
[25:38] | from his university to make a copy. | 做了个假的 |
[25:40] | Since when are you at university? | 你什么时候上大学了 |
[25:41] | Since I turned 15. Duh. | 从我满15之后 |
[25:43] | We melted one of the statue’s hands to try to convince Kashgar | 我们融化了雕像的一只手来让喀什葛尔相信 |
[25:46] | that he sold us a fake by accident. | 他不小心卖了个假的给我们 |
[25:48] | See? | 看 |
[25:51] | Why did you make a video? | 你为什么还做了个视频 |
[25:52] | ‘Cause we want Kashgar to watch it. | 因为我们想引诱喀什噶尔看 |
[25:54] | Which, according to this, he just did. | 根据记录 他刚刚看了 |
[25:57] | Mason embedded a Trojan horse in the video. | 梅森在视频中植入了木马 |
[25:59] | By watching it, Kashgar is giving us his IP address. | 喀什噶尔只要看了就会暴露IP地址 |
[26:01] | Got it. Now all I have to do is | 有了 现在我只需要 |
[26:04] | match the address to a name. And… | 将地址与名字对应上 然后 |
[26:08] | 结果 姓名 约翰·奈利根 地址 布鲁克林11235 指南路221号 | |
[26:08] | Bam. | 有了 |
[26:10] | John Neligan. | 约翰·奈利根 |
[26:11] | Excuse me. | 让一下 |
[26:18] | “John Neligan. | 约翰·奈利根 |
[26:19] | “Criminal sale of a controlled substance. | 非法销售管制药物 |
[26:21] | “Criminal possession of a weapon. | 非法持有武器 |
[26:22] | Assault in the first degree.” | 一级袭击罪 |
[26:29] | Hope! Grab me a beer, will ya? | 霍普 拿瓶啤酒给我 |
[26:32] | Get on the ground! Now! | 立刻跪下 |
[26:37] | My daughter’s back there. | 我女儿还在后面 |
[26:41] | I’m clean, man! | 我是清白的 |
[26:44] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[26:45] | This is a mistake, sweetheart. | 他们搞错了 亲爱的 |
[26:47] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[26:49] | Mr. Neligan, | 奈利根先生 |
[26:50] | Detective Bell, NYPD. | 我是贝尔警探 纽约警局的 |
[26:52] | Whatever tip you got, it’s bogus. | 不管你得到了什么线报 都是假的 |
[26:54] | I didn’t violate my parole. You can search the house. | 我没违反假释规定 你们可以搜房子 |
[26:56] | You won’t find anything that’s not supposed to be here. | 你们不会找到任何不应该出现的东西 |
[26:58] | Look, we know you’ve been trafficking in stolen goods, | 我们知道你一直非法交易失窃物品 |
[27:01] | Mr. Neligan, | 奈利根先生 |
[27:01] | including a valuable book you sold to a Saudi businessman. | 包括一本你卖给沙特商人的贵重的书 |
[27:05] | What? | 什么 |
[27:05] | Save it, okay? | 别装了 好吗 |
[27:07] | We know you’re Kashgar. | 我们知道你是喀什噶尔 |
[27:09] | I don’t know what you’re talkin’ about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[27:10] | Who the hell is Kashgar? | 喀什噶尔是谁啊 |
[27:12] | I am. | 是我 |
[27:13] | My dad didn’t do anything. It was me. | 我爸爸什么都没做 是我 |
[27:17] | I’m Kashgar. | 我是喀什噶尔 |
[27:28] | I came up with the whole Kashgar thing a year and a half ago. | 我一年半之前想出喀什噶尔这档子事的 |
[27:31] | It was a way to make money for college. | 为了赚钱上大学 |
[27:34] | Well, ever since my dad stopped dealing, money’s been tight. | 我爸不做交易后 我们家手头就很紧 |
[27:37] | Not that he gets why I even want to go to MIT. | 他根本不懂我为什么想去麻省理工 |
[27:40] | Do you understand that the crimes you committed are very serious? | 你知道自己犯的罪有多严重吗 |
[27:44] | Well, I wasn’t selling drugs or guns, like my dad used to. | 我又没有像我爸之前那样卖毒品和枪支 |
[27:47] | It was just a bunch of antiques. | 我只卖古董 |
[27:49] | We’re pretty sure a man was murdered | 我们确认因为其中一件古董 |
[27:50] | over one of those antiques. | 有个人被杀了 |
[27:51] | I told you, I don’t know anything about that. | 我说了 我根本不知道那件事 |
[27:54] | We’re fairly confident | 我们确信 |
[27:54] | that you didn’t murder the victim yourself. | 你没有亲自杀死受害人 |
[27:56] | He was run through with a sword. | 他是被剑捅死的 |
[27:58] | And that takes a strong and practiced arm. | 强壮且受过训练的人才能做到 |
[28:01] | I mean, your father could have done it. | 你爸爸有可能做到 |
[28:03] | No. That’s crazy. He doesn’t even own a sword. | 不可能 太荒唐了 他连剑都没有 |
[28:07] | I mean, I don’t think he owns a sword. | 他应该没有 |
[28:10] | Maybe you should just tell us how you came into possession | 要不然你还是告诉我们你怎么拿到 |
[28:13] | of Black Peter’s logbook. | 黑彼得的航海日志的吧 |
[28:14] | I never possessed it. | 我从没拿到过 |
[28:17] | I was a middleman. That’s all I ever am. | 我只是中间人 一直都是 |
[28:20] | People reach out to me online for help | 人们通过暗网交易 |
[28:22] | with Dark Web transactions, | 找我帮忙 |
[28:23] | usually because they can’t figure out how to do it themselves. | 通常因为他们自己不知道该怎么处理 |
[28:25] | But I never handle the merchandise | 但我从不亲自经手货物 |
[28:27] | or meet with the sellers. | 或者见卖家 |
[28:28] | So you just arrange the deals. | 所以你只是安排交易 |
[28:30] | A couple of months ago, this guy reached out to me. | 几个月前 有个人找到我 |
[28:33] | He said that he was a regular customer, | 他说自己是常客 |
[28:35] | but I didn’t recognize his screen name. | 但我没认出他的网名 |
[28:36] | That’s not unusual. | 这并不少见 |
[28:38] | The people that I deal with, | 我打交道的那些人 |
[28:39] | they change up their info all the time. | 经常改自己的资料 |
[28:41] | He said he wanted my help selling a book | 他说想让我帮忙卖本书 |
[28:42] | that used to belong to a pirate. | 那书以前是海盗的 |
[28:44] | So you put it on the market for him. | 所以你就帮他放上了黑市 |
[28:45] | No. Not exactly. | 不是 不是那样 |
[28:47] | He didn’t actually want me to auction it. | 他不想让我放上黑市拍卖 |
[28:48] | He wanted me to offer it directly | 他想让我直接卖给 |
[28:50] | to a guy named Farhan Al-Asmari. | 一个叫法罕·阿尔阿斯玛里的人 |
[28:52] | He said to set the price at 25 thou. | 他说定价两万五 |
[28:53] | Gave me the guy’s private e-mail address and everything. | 还给了我那个人的个人邮箱什么的 |
[28:55] | He specifically wanted the book sold to Al-Asmari? | 他特别要求卖给阿尔阿斯玛里 |
[28:59] | Did you think that was odd? | 你没觉得奇怪 |
[29:01] | No. | 没有 |
[29:02] | I get asked to help sell something, I do it. | 有人要我帮忙卖东西 我就卖 |
[29:04] | No questions. | 不问问题 |
[29:06] | The odd part was that he said I could keep all the money. | 真正奇怪的是他说钱全都给我 |
[29:10] | Said it was a bonus | 他说这是奖赏我 |
[29:10] | for all the work I’d done for him in the past. | 之前帮他做事 |
[29:12] | He didn’t end up making a penny. | 他最后一分钱没赚 |
[29:18] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[29:20] | Someone kills Travis Unger to get a pirate’s logbook, | 有人为了本海盗的日志杀了特拉维斯·昂格尔 |
[29:23] | and the only people it ends up helping | 最后帮到的只有两个人 |
[29:25] | are a 14-year-old girl and a Saudi billionaire. | 十四岁的女孩和沙特亿万富翁 |
[29:28] | And it doesn’t look like either one of them is our perp. | 而这两个人都不像我们要找的凶手 |
[29:31] | What if the point wasn’t to help anyone? | 如果目的不是为了帮别人呢 |
[29:32] | What if it was to harm? | 如果是为了伤害呢 |
[29:33] | Arranging for Hope Neligan | 安排霍普·奈利根 |
[29:35] | to pass Black Peter’s logbook to Al-Asmari | 将黑彼得的海航日志卖给阿尔阿斯玛里 |
[29:38] | didn’t just profit those two parties– | 不仅使这两方受益 |
[29:39] | it insured the utter failure of a third, Lars Vestergaard. | 还确保了第三方的失败 拉尔斯·韦斯特高 |
[29:42] | His expedition to the Santa Leticia was for nothing. | 他对圣莱蒂西亚号的探险一无所获 |
[29:45] | I mean, he didn’t just miss out on the treasure– | 他不仅错过了宝藏 |
[29:47] | he cost his investors millions. | 还浪费了投资人上百万资金 |
[29:49] | So what if the killer’s true goal was his ruination? | 万一凶手的真实目的就是破坏呢 |
[29:52] | I don’t know. | 我也说不准 |
[29:52] | That’s a long way to go to hurt a guy’s business. | 这样打击他的事业未免过于曲折了 |
[29:55] | We’ll talk to him again. | 再找他谈谈 |
[29:56] | If there’s someone out there who hates him enough | 如果有人极为恨他 不惜杀人 |
[29:58] | to commit a murder just to see him fail, | 来使他破产 |
[30:01] | he probably knows the person’s name, right? | 他很可能知道对方的名字 是吧 |
[30:05] | I admit, I had my issues with Lars Vestergaard, | 我承认和拉尔斯·韦斯特高有过节 |
[30:08] | but I didn’t do anything that would’ve harmed him | 但我没有做过任何可能伤害他 |
[30:10] | or his business. | 或他事业的行为 |
[30:12] | We know that, over the past ten years, | 我们知道 在过去十多年 |
[30:14] | you invested in a number of his expeditions, | 你给他的探险投入了大量资金 |
[30:16] | mostly to disappointing results. | 大多都有去无回 |
[30:18] | We also know you broke his nose | 我们还知道三个月前 |
[30:19] | at the Met three months ago. | 你在大都会歌剧院打断了他鼻子 |
[30:22] | During the first intermission of Der Freischutz. | 德国歌剧「自由射手」第一次幕间休息时 |
[30:24] | It’s a real shame to have missed the final two acts. | 错过最后两幕真是可惜 |
[30:27] | Mr. Jarman, you told police | 贾曼先生 你之前告诉警察 |
[30:28] | that you were upset over treasure hunting losses. | 你对寻宝行动的损失十分生气 |
[30:30] | You clearly have a grudge against the guy. | 显然你对那家伙有怨言 |
[30:32] | I had a grudge. | 有过怨言 |
[30:34] | Past tense. | 过去的事儿了 |
[30:35] | But the punch was the end of it. | 但揍了一拳 这事就结了 |
[30:37] | The truth is, I’m a different man today. | 事实是 我现在已经不一样了 |
[30:41] | Right after the… altercation, | 就在那次口角之后 |
[30:43] | my firm made me take a sabbatical | 我们公司逼我休假 |
[30:44] | to work on my anger issues. | 来处理我的愤怒管理问题 |
[30:47] | I spent the time off building houses in Haiti. | 我前往海地接受心理治疗 |
[30:50] | It was life-changing. | 彻底改变 |
[30:52] | I assume you got my name from Lars. | 我想是拉尔斯提供线索找我的吧 |
[30:54] | Did he also tell you about the pirates? | 他有说海盗的事儿吗 |
[30:57] | Pirates? | 海盗 |
[30:58] | Lars likes to wine and dine his investors on his salvage ship. | 拉尔斯希望在打捞船上宴请投资商 |
[31:03] | About a year ago, I was onboard late at night | 大概一年前一个晚上 我也在船上 |
[31:05] | when he was in port, and these men in masks, | 当时他在港口 五六个人 |
[31:08] | five or six of them, came roaring up in speedboats. | 戴着面罩 乘着快艇咆哮而来 |
[31:11] | They jumped on board and started wrecking his gear. | 他们跳上船破坏设备 |
[31:13] | By the time we got down to the deck, they’d already sped away. | 等我们赶到甲板时 他们已经跑了 |
[31:16] | But they did thousands of dollars worth of damage. | 但造成了几千美金的损失 |
[31:19] | According to Lars, it wasn’t the first time. | 据拉尔斯说 那已经不是第一次了 |
[31:21] | He called them pirates? | 他称他们为海盗吗 |
[31:23] | No, I did. | 不是他 是我 |
[31:25] | Because they were flying a pirate flag. | 因为他们悬了一面海盗旗 |
[31:27] | It had a skull and everything. | 旗上是骷髅头那套东西 |
[31:29] | But instead of the usual crossbones, | 但交叉的不是两块骨头 |
[31:31] | there were two scuba snorkels. | 而是两根潜水呼吸管 |
[31:34] | I don’t know. | 我也不清楚 |
[31:36] | Maybe they’re the people you’re trying to find. | 或许他们才是你们想找的人 |
[31:44] | So, what did Mr. Vestergaard have to say this time? | 这次韦斯特高先生说了什么 |
[31:46] | He confirmed Jarman’s story. | 他证实了贾曼的说法 |
[31:48] | He said that he’d been attacked on four occasions, | 他说被攻击过四次 |
[31:50] | and that it’s happened to other salvage firms, as well. | 其他打捞公司也遇到过 |
[31:53] | None of them reported the attacks | 他们都没有报告过 |
[31:54] | because they didn’t want to spook their investors. | 因为不想惊动投资商 |
[31:58] | So, what kind of pirates have a bone to pick | 什么样的海盗 |
[32:00] | with salvage operators? | 会找打捞人士的麻烦 |
[32:01] | He doesn’t know. | 他也不知道 |
[32:02] | Uh, were you able to find out where that flag came from? | 你找出旗子的所属了吗 |
[32:05] | I was. Unfortunately, uh, ISewYourCustomFlag.Com | 找到了 可惜是来自 |
[32:09] | is a small online shop, | 一家小型在线商铺 |
[32:10] | and the owner doesn’t sound especially organized, | 店主似乎没什么收拾 |
[32:12] | but she’s promised to let me know | 但她答应了 |
[32:13] | when she’s located the buyer’s name and address. | 确定买家姓名和地址就联系我 |
[32:17] | I found something upstairs | 我在楼上有发现 |
[32:18] | that I would like you to explain. | 希望你能解释一下 |
[32:23] | So, if you don’t mind… | 如果你不介意 |
[32:25] | You’re making a mistake. | 你这是在犯错 |
[32:26] | No, the mistake is yours. | 不 是你错了 |
[32:28] | I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没有杀人 |
[32:31] | When were you planning on telling me about this? | 你本来打算什么时候告诉我这事 |
[32:34] | I wasn’t, | 没这个打算 |
[32:34] | mostly because the recording was my backup plan. | 主要因为这段录音是我的后备计划 |
[32:36] | I thought that Shinwell might see the wisdom | 我以为辛维尔能够明智地 |
[32:38] | in turning himself in. | 选择自首 |
[32:39] | He did not. | 他没有 |
[32:42] | – You disapprove? – Of the timing, yeah. | -你不同意 -时机上不合适 |
[32:45] | He’s worked for months to embed himself in SBK. | 他费了几个月时间深入SBK |
[32:47] | An endeavor I cared more about | 要是不知道他是冷血杀手 |
[32:48] | before I knew he was a cold-blooded killer. | 我也会重视这一事实 |
[32:51] | You think we should look the other way? | 你认为我们该视而不见吗 |
[32:53] | SBK is a ruthless drug gang. | SBK是个残忍的贩毒团伙 |
[32:54] | There is no doubt they are the greater evil. | 毫无疑问他们更为罪大恶极 |
[32:56] | So why get a confession out of Shinwell now? | 那何必此时要求辛维尔认罪呢 |
[32:59] | Tell me, Watson, what did you think would happen | 华生你说说看 等辛维尔和古兹曼警探 |
[33:00] | when Shinwell and Detective Guzman | 终于向SBK发动进攻 |
[33:02] | finally bring the hammer down on SBK? | 接下来会发生什么 |
[33:04] | Do you think he would buy a little house here, settle down? | 你觉得他会买个小房子安定在这儿吗 |
[33:05] | Or do you think he would be whisked away | 还是会由证人保护行动 |
[33:07] | by Witness Security, never to be seen again? | 送去别的地方 再也见不着 |
[33:09] | That’s not what he wants. He wants to be with his daughter. | 他不想那样 他想和女儿在一起 |
[33:11] | That was never gonna happen. | 那不可能 |
[33:12] | Now that we know he killed Jameel Clark, | 现在又知道他杀了贾米尔·克拉克 |
[33:14] | it shouldn’t. | 也不该如此 |
[33:18] | As a physician, you pledge to do no harm, | 医生都保证不会伤害病人 |
[33:20] | but that’s not always possible. | 但不是总能如愿 |
[33:21] | Cutting into a patient does them harm. | 开刀会伤害病人 |
[33:23] | Medicines have side effects, sometimes terrible ones. | 药物有副作用 有时还是严重副作用 |
[33:25] | With chemotherapy, we actually give cancer patients poison, | 至于化疗 其实是给癌症病人上毒 |
[33:28] | hoping that it’ll kill more malignant cells | 希望杀死的癌细胞 |
[33:30] | than healthy ones. | 多于健康细胞 |
[33:31] | So, he’s the cure to cancer now, is he? | 所以他是用来治癌症的吗 |
[33:32] | He’s not the cure. A means to an end. | 他不是疗法 他是终结手段 |
[33:35] | A necessary evil? | 必要之恶吗 |
[33:36] | No, just a lesser one. | 不是 只是次恶 |
[33:38] | Several months ago, I destroyed evidence | 几个月前我破坏了 |
[33:40] | that would’ve violated his parole. | 会影响他保释的证据 |
[33:41] | It would’ve guaranteed his return to prison, | 本可能将他送回监狱 |
[33:43] | so thanks to me, a murderer now walks free. | 都是因为我 一个杀人犯逍遥法外了 |
[33:45] | So, if he kills again, | 所以 如果他再去杀人 |
[33:46] | it’s gonna be on my head, not yours. | 那这笔人命债就会记在我头上 而不是你 |
[33:48] | The man belongs behind bars. | 这家伙应该被关在监狱里 |
[33:54] | Speaking of murderers, | 说到谋杀犯 |
[33:55] | our seamstress has the name of the person | 我们的女裁缝找到了那位 |
[33:57] | who bought the pirate flag. | 海盗旗买主的名字 |
[34:00] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么跟你们说 |
[34:03] | I’m a marine archaeologist. | 我是一位海洋考古学家 |
[34:04] | I study pirates. | 我研究海盗 |
[34:06] | Doesn’t make me one. | 这并不意味我就是一位海盗 |
[34:08] | A flag just like this | 一面和这一模一样的旗帜 |
[34:09] | was commissioned by one of your students, Isaac Sheridan. | 被交给了你其中一位学生 艾萨克·谢里登 |
[34:12] | He admitted to committing several attacks | 他承认犯下了多起袭击 |
[34:14] | on treasure-hunting ships, | 寻宝船的罪行 |
[34:15] | including one owned by Lars Vestergaard. | 包括一艘属于拉尔斯·韦斯特高的船 |
[34:18] | According to Isaac, you instructed him | 根据艾萨克的证言 你详细指导了他 |
[34:20] | and several other students when to strike | 和另外几位学生何时对这些船只进行袭击 |
[34:22] | and what equipment to damage | 以及使用什么样的装备可以造成 |
[34:24] | in order to cripple those companies’ salvage capabilities. | 足够的伤害以瘫痪这些寻宝船的打捞功能 |
[34:26] | People like Lars Vestergaard | 拉尔斯·韦斯特高这类人 |
[34:28] | desecrate important archaeological sites | 为了他们个人的利益亵渎了很多 |
[34:31] | for their own profit. | 重要的考古遗址 |
[34:33] | Sabotaging their ships | 破坏他们的船只 |
[34:34] | was the only way to slow them down. | 是延缓他们这种破坏遗址行径的唯一方法 |
[34:36] | Until Travis Unger came along. | 直到特拉维斯·昂格尔出现 |
[34:38] | – Who? – Travis Unger. | -谁 -特拉维斯·昂格尔 |
[34:40] | He used to work for the Public Administrator’s Office. | 他曾在公共遗产管理办公室工作 |
[34:42] | A couple of months ago, he got his hands on a logbook | 几个月前 他弄到了一本日志 |
[34:45] | that contained the location of a sunken treasure galleon. | 上面记载有一艘满载宝藏的商船的沉没地点 |
[34:48] | And he approached Vestergaard about salvaging the wreck. | 然后他去找了拉尔斯·韦斯特高帮忙打捞残骸 |
[34:51] | Vestergaard turned him away because he’d filed a claim | 拉尔斯·韦斯特高拒绝了他因为一年多前 |
[34:53] | on the same ship over a year ago. | 他已经对同一艘船发起了打捞申请 |
[34:55] | You have the gear and the know-how | 你手头有设备也有足够的技术 |
[34:57] | to run the same kind of operation. | 去完成这种打捞行动 |
[34:59] | So we think that Unger came to you next | 所以我们认为昂格尔之后来找了你 |
[35:01] | to try to strike some kind of a deal. | 试图和你达成某种协议 |
[35:03] | You realized if you got to the treasure before Vestergaard, | 你意识到如果你能抢在韦斯特高之前完成打捞 |
[35:06] | you’d be able to preserve it and hurt his business. | 你就能保护这些文物并同时打击他的生意 |
[35:08] | Problem was, you couldn’t beat him to the wreck. | 问题是 你没法在出价上压过韦斯特高 |
[35:11] | And you couldn’t promise Unger the 50% split that he demanded. | 你没法向昂格尔许诺他要求的对半分成 |
[35:14] | Academia is loathe to authorize such expenditure | 学术界在没有经过冗长的审核前是不会批准 |
[35:17] | without tedious review. | 用于这种打捞行动的经费的 |
[35:18] | So you killed Unger and took the book. | 于是你杀害了昂格尔并夺走了他手上的日志 |
[35:21] | – What? – And then you arranged for it | -什么 -然后经过你的精心安排 |
[35:23] | to fall into the hands of Farhan Al-Asmari. | 这本日志落到了法罕·阿尔阿斯玛里手上 |
[35:26] | He keeps his hauls intact | 他把打捞到的文物完好无损地 |
[35:27] | in his own private museum, | 保存在他的私人博物馆里 |
[35:28] | and according to your own academic papers, | 而根据你自己撰写的学术论文 |
[35:30] | he’s given you access to his collection before. | 他以前就让你接触过他的藏品 |
[35:32] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[35:34] | Do I know Mr. Al-Asmari? Yes. | 我认识阿尔阿斯玛先生吗 没错 |
[35:37] | Did I take things with my students too far? | 我是不是在教唆学生这件事上越界了 |
[35:41] | No question. | 毫无疑问 |
[35:42] | But I’m telling you, none of us killed anyone. | 但我告诉你 我们没有杀害过任何人 |
[35:46] | – Professor… – No. I have a question now. | -教授 -不 现在我有个问题 |
[35:49] | What is the name of this sunken ship | 这艘据说让我痛下杀手的 |
[35:51] | that I supposedly killed over? | 沉船叫什么名字 |
[35:53] | The Santa Leticia. | 圣莱蒂西亚号 |
[35:55] | Well, I don’t know where you’re getting your facts, | 我不知道你们从哪得来的消息 |
[35:58] | but there wasn’t any treasure on the Santa Leticia. | 但圣莱蒂西亚号根本没有任何宝藏 |
[36:02] | There was. | 确实有 |
[36:03] | Mr. Al-Asmari pulled up millions in gold. | 阿尔阿斯玛先生打捞出了价值数百万的金子 |
[36:06] | He’s pretty proud of it, too. | 他相当引以为傲 |
[36:11] | No, this is impossible. | 不 这不可能 |
[36:13] | I’ve read everything that’s ever been written | 我读过所有关于圣莱蒂西亚号的 |
[36:15] | about the Santa Leticia, | 史料和文献 |
[36:17] | including the records in the Archives of the Indies in Seville, | 包括收藏在塞维利亚的印地档案 |
[36:20] | and there is not a document in recorded history | 没有任何史料文献记载中 |
[36:23] | that says it went down with gold on it. | 提到过这艘船是载着金子沉没的 |
[36:26] | Black Peter would disagree with you. | 黑彼得可不会赞同你的观点 |
[36:29] | Black Peter? | 黑彼得 |
[36:32] | The logbook you think I stole, it was his? | 你们认为我偷的那本日志 是他的吗 |
[36:36] | You said Lars filed a claim on the Santa Leticia | 你说拉尔斯在这本日志出现之前发起过 |
[36:40] | before the logbook surfaced. | 打捞圣莱蒂西亚号的申请 |
[36:42] | Yeah, we verified it. | 是的 这我们已经核实过了 |
[36:44] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[36:46] | He would’ve seen all the records I saw in Spain. | 我在西班牙看过的所有文献他也看过 |
[36:48] | Maybe he just had a hunch. | 或许他只是突然有了个预感 |
[36:51] | No, salvagers like him, | 不 他这样的专业打捞者 |
[36:53] | they don’t work off hunches. | 是不会仅凭预感就下手的 |
[36:55] | They need to know there’s gold | 他们需要确切知道像圣莱蒂西亚号 |
[36:57] | on a ship like the Santa Leticia | 这样的船上实实在在有金子 |
[36:58] | or they’ll have their investors to answer to. | 不然他们就没法向他们的投资人交代 |
[37:03] | I’ve got to make a call. Excuse me. | 我得打个电话 失陪 |
[37:07] | Yes, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[37:09] | So, we’re not liking the professor | 那么 看来这位教授不太可能是 |
[37:10] | for Travis Unger’s murder. Are you? | 杀了特拉维斯·昂格尔人了 对吗 |
[37:12] | Everything she said fairly reeked of the truth. | 她说的基本全是实话 |
[37:15] | Is that why you left to make a call? | 所以你才出来打电话吗 |
[37:16] | I believe she was also telling the truth | 我相信她认为拉尔斯·韦斯特高 |
[37:17] | when she said Lars Vestergaard had to have expected | 即使去打捞圣莱蒂西亚号 |
[37:20] | to find nothing when he mounted his expedition | 也会空手而归这件事 |
[37:22] | to the Santa Leticia. | 也说的是真话 |
[37:23] | But that doesn’t make any sense. | 但这说不通啊 |
[37:25] | Why go to the bottom of the ocean for nothing? | 为什么要费劲去海底捞一艘空船呢 |
[37:27] | ‘Cause I think in Vestergaard’s case, | 因为我觉得对韦斯特高来说 |
[37:29] | nothing would have been far more valuable to him than gold. | 什么都没有反而远比金子更有价值 |
[37:38] | Under the right circumstances, a producer could make more money | 在适当的情况下 一位制作人能从失败的节目中 |
[37:41] | with a flop than he could with a hit. | 盈利远高于广受欢迎的节目 |
[37:44] | He’s quite good, isn’t he? | 他相当有手腕 对吗 |
[37:46] | I’m more of a Chocolate Factory kind of guy. | 我更像是巧克力工厂管理者那种人 |
[37:49] | Someone want to tell me why you’re showing me a movie? | 有人能告诉我为什么给我播电影片段吗 |
[37:51] | Because you pulled off the same kind of scheme, | 因为你完成了和电影里同样的骗局 |
[37:54] | only instead of a musical about Nazis, | 只不过把描写纳粹的音乐剧 |
[37:57] | you convinced your investors to pay for an expedition | 换成了让投资人支付打捞一艘你以为 |
[37:59] | to a ship that you thought was empty. | 空无一物的沉船的经费 |
[38:01] | Why the hell would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做呢 |
[38:03] | I asked myself the same question when a marine archaeologist | 我也疑惑过 有位海洋考古学家 |
[38:06] | insisted that you couldn’t have believed | 坚称你不可能相信 |
[38:08] | there was treasure onboard. | 那船上有宝藏 |
[38:10] | I wondered, maybe your intention | 我在想 也许你的本意 |
[38:11] | wasn’t to plunder the Santa Leticia, | 并不是掏空圣莱蒂西亚号 |
[38:13] | but rather your investors’ pockets. | 而是掏空你投资商的口袋 |
[38:15] | So I contacted one that you’d worked with before, | 所以我联系了你之前合作过的那个人 |
[38:18] | Clarence Jarman. | 克拉伦斯·贾曼 |
[38:19] | He helped us track down the people who actually paid for you | 他帮我们找到了支付你经费 |
[38:22] | to go to the Santa Leticia. | 去圣莱蒂西亚号的那些人 |
[38:23] | Turns out there were a lot of them, | 结果发现给你钱的人还不少 |
[38:25] | more than anyone knew. | 超出所有人的想象 |
[38:26] | Just like the characters in the movie, | 就像电影里的那些角色 |
[38:28] | you oversold your shares in the Santa Leticia’s treasure. | 你超卖了圣莱蒂西亚号上那些宝藏中你的份额 |
[38:31] | You told us that you typically sell 50% of your profits | 你说过你通常会卖出一半的收益 |
[38:35] | to cover your expenses, | 来填补支出 |
[38:36] | but on this expedition you secretly sold | 但这次探险中你秘密卖出的数额 |
[38:38] | 1,000% of what you might find, | 是你们可能发现的价值的十倍 |
[38:42] | raking in a total of $15 million in sales. | 共计可达一千五百万 |
[38:45] | Your investors signed contracts that said | 你的投资商们签署的合同上说 |
[38:47] | if the salvage effort was a flop, they’d get nothing. | 如果打捞失败 他们什么也得不到 |
[38:50] | That meant that after the real costs | 这意味着 |
[38:52] | of the expedition were covered, | 扣除探险的真正开支后 |
[38:54] | you’d pocket almost $14 million in profit | 你的口袋里将有一千四百万盈利 |
[38:57] | and no one would be the wiser. | 没人能看出端倪 |
[38:58] | Seemed pretty foolproof, | 看起来万无一失 |
[39:00] | but then a few weeks before you set sail, | 但就在你准备出海前的几周 |
[39:02] | Travis Unger showed up with Black Peter’s logbook. | 特拉维斯·昂格尔带着黑彼得的日志本出现了 |
[39:05] | Suddenly there was evidence there really was gold | 突然有证据表明圣莱蒂西亚号上 |
[39:07] | aboard the Santa Leticia. | 真有金子了 |
[39:09] | If you got to the ship and the treasure was still there, | 如果你出海 而宝藏还在 |
[39:12] | you would’ve owed your investors ten times whatever it was worth. | 你就欠你的投资商超出宝藏价值十倍的钱 |
[39:16] | Find ten million in gold, for example, | 比如 如果发现一千万黄金 |
[39:17] | and you would’ve had to give them a hundred million. | 你就得付给他们一个亿 |
[39:20] | You couldn’t do that. | 你根本做不到 |
[39:21] | So you followed Unger to his storage unit, | 于是你跟踪昂格尔去了他的储藏间 |
[39:24] | killed him and took the logbook. | 杀了他并拿走了日志本 |
[39:25] | Now, you still needed to make the Santa Leticia’s gold disappear, | 然后你仍得让圣莱蒂西亚号的黄金消失 |
[39:28] | so you made sure the book ended up in the hands | 于是你确保日志本落入了 |
[39:30] | of Farhan Al-Asmari. | 法罕·阿尔阿斯玛里手中 |
[39:32] | He got to the treasure before you. Problem was solved. | 他在你之前拿到了宝藏 问题解决了 |
[39:36] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:38] | I may have oversold some shares, | 我也许的确超卖了一些分红 |
[39:41] | but I didn’t kill anyone. | 可我没杀人 |
[39:42] | Perhaps you’ll recognize this. | 也许你能认出这个 |
[39:45] | This is a still taken from a documentary film | 这是一部纪录片里的一张剧照 |
[39:47] | that you commissioned during one of your earliest treasure hunts. | 是你在早期的一次寻宝探险时筹拍的 |
[39:51] | The weapon is a Spanish sword called a navaja. | 武器是一把西班牙的剑 叫纳瓦哈 |
[39:54] | You recovered it from a shipwreck in the Caribbean. | 你从加勒比的一艘沉船里找到的 |
[39:56] | It’s different from a traditional sword | 它在刀片折叠处与传统剑不同 |
[39:57] | in that the blade folds, making it easy to conceal. | 使它更便于隐藏 |
[40:00] | So? | 所以呢 |
[40:01] | So Travis Unger was killed with a sword. | 所以特拉维斯·昂格尔是被一把剑所杀的 |
[40:04] | We’d like you to produce yours | 我们希望你提供你的剑 |
[40:05] | so we can compare it to the victim’s wounds. | 以便我们跟死者的伤口进行对比 |
[40:08] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:10] | I’ve lost it. | 我弄丢了 |
[40:13] | Actually, we think you did quite deliberately. | 其实我们觉得你是故意丢弃的 |
[40:15] | Coast Guard says that according to the transponder on your boat, | 海岸警卫队说根据你船上的发射应答器来看 |
[40:18] | you took her out the night of the murder. | 你在案发当晚将船开了出去 |
[40:20] | You went a half mile outside the harbor, then came right back. | 你驶出了港湾半里多 然后直接开了回来 |
[40:24] | Now, you’re the sunken treasure expert, Mr. Vestergaard. | 你是沉船宝藏的专家 韦斯特高先生 |
[40:27] | What do you think our divers will find | 你认为我们的潜水员 |
[40:28] | when they go to that spot? | 在那片区域会发现什么? |
[40:34] | Watson, I just left my meeting. | 华生 我刚开完会 |
[40:36] | I’m absolutely famished, so, um, | 我饿死了 所以 |
[40:38] | if you’d like me to bring home any food for you… | 要是你想让我帮你带点什么吃的回家… |
[40:43] | Did you think I wouldn’t notice? | 你真觉得我不会发现吗 |
[40:54] | You the one taught me how to coax a confession out of a suspect. | 是你教会我如何从嫌犯嘴里套出证词的 |
[41:00] | Isolate. Surprise. Build a rapport. | 将其孤立 出其不意 建立友善关系 |
[41:03] | – You didn’t think I knew what you were doing? – Shinwell… | -你以为我不知道你在干什么吗? -辛维尔 |
[41:07] | No, you gonna listen to me now. | 不 你现在得给我听好 |
[41:09] | You want to know who killed Jameel? | 你想知道谁杀了贾米尔吗? |
[41:12] | SBK killed Jameel. | SBK杀了他 |
[41:14] | Leadership cut a deal with a rival gang, | 头领跟一个敌对帮派达成了协议 |
[41:17] | and in exchange for a cease-fire, | 以换取永久停战 |
[41:19] | the gangs agreed to work together | 两个帮派同意共同合作 |
[41:21] | to raise the price of the drugs they were pushing. | 提升他们要推广的毒品的价格 |
[41:24] | Jameel’s death was a condition. | 贾米尔的死就是其中一个条件 |
[41:26] | He had taken up with the ex-girlfriend | 他抢了另外那个帮派 |
[41:27] | of one of the other gang’s lieutenants. | 一个高层人员的前女友 |
[41:29] | So he had to go. | 他必须消失 |
[41:34] | SBK asked a friend to do it… but they lied. | SBK找了个朋友去动手 但他们撒了谎 |
[41:38] | They told his friend that he was a traitor. | 他们告诉他朋友 说他是叛徒 |
[41:40] | They tricked him. | 他们耍了他 |
[41:42] | You looking for someone who killed one person. | 你要找一个杀了一个人的人 |
[41:43] | SBK kills dozens of people a year. | SBK每年会杀无数人 |
[41:46] | Their drugs ruin thousands of lives, | 他们的毒品会毁掉数千人的生活 |
[41:48] | but don’t nobody care. | 但没人在乎 |
[41:50] | They don’t get press. | 他们不会被报道 |
[41:51] | They’re not clever. They’re not fun. They’re just evil. | 他们不聪明 也不幽默 他们只是邪恶 |
[41:55] | Are you done? | 你说完了吗 |
[41:56] | No. | 没有 |
[41:58] | There’s something you need to know before I go. | 我走之前还有点事得让你知道 |
[42:03] | I’m-a take SBK down. | 我要摧毁SBK |
[42:06] | And anybody who get in my way… | 任何阻挡我的人 |
[42:09] | …gonna get hurt. | 都会受到伤害 |