时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | You work for Sherlock. | 你是为夏洛克工作的 |
[00:06] | I don’t work for anyone. I’m his new partner. | 我不为任何人工作 我是他的新搭档 |
[00:09] | The training I’m attempting to provide her | 我现在给她提供的训练 |
[00:10] | is an attempt to channel certain residual feelings | 是想利用她身为受害人的感受 |
[00:12] | that she has into a productive skill. | 打造成有助于破案的技能 |
[00:14] | You think that Kitty needs help above and beyond my mentorship. | 你觉得凯蒂需要的帮助是我的教导提供不了的 |
[00:17] | She’s a rape victim. | 她是强奸案受害者 |
[00:18] | She was kept and tortured. | 她被软禁 被虐待过 |
[00:19] | Her name is Melanie Vilkas. Take a look at her back. | 死者名叫梅勒妮·威卡斯 看看她的后背 |
[00:22] | They’re the same markings that are on Kitty’s back. | 跟凯蒂背上的标记一样 |
[00:25] | The man who hurt her is here in New York. | 伤害过她的那个人来纽约了 |
[00:27] | This is why I became a detective– | 这就是我当侦探的原因 |
[00:29] | to hunt this man. I’m ready. | 为了抓这个人 我准备好了 |
[00:31] | You’re going to die tonight, quite horribly. | 今晚你会死得很惨 |
[00:37] | You must understand. | 你要明白 |
[00:39] | You will always… | 你一直都会是… |
[00:42] | be my friend. | 我的朋友 |
[00:43] | – Captain? – We got him. | -警监 -我们抓到他了 |
[00:45] | The doctor said it was some kind of corrosive. | 医生说是某种腐蚀剂 |
[00:48] | He’s gonna wake up after a few hours, | 他会在几小时后醒过来 |
[00:50] | and I’m gonna ask him who did this to him. | 我会问他是谁对他做了这些 |
[00:52] | I’m gonna have to go after them. | 我到时必须追捕他们 |
[00:53] | Do you think I did the right thing? | 你觉得我这么做是对的吗 |
[00:55] | I think you do not have the stain of a murder upon you. | 我觉得你不是个会取人性命的凶手 |
[00:57] | Do you know what I haven’t said to anyone | 你知道有句什么话 |
[00:59] | in a really long time? | 我很久没对别人说过了吗 |
[01:01] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:11] | Thought you had a funeral to go to this morning. | 我以为你今早要参加一个葬礼 |
[01:13] | I do. | 确实如此 |
[01:14] | Old friend of yours, right? | 你的一个老朋友 是吗 |
[01:16] | Old colleague, actually. | 实际上是一个老同事 |
[01:17] | Cy Durning. | 赛扬·杜宁 |
[01:20] | Prosecuted many of the cases I lent a hand in | 我在苏格兰场当顾问时调查的很多案子 |
[01:22] | when I consulted at Scotland Yard. | 都是他负责起诉的 |
[01:25] | Good man. | 他是个好人 |
[01:26] | Better barrister. | 更是个好律师 |
[01:29] | Condolences. | 节哀 |
[01:32] | If he’s British, how come the funeral’s in New York? | 如果他是英国人 为什么葬礼会在纽约 |
[01:35] | Wife’s American. | 他妻子是美国人 |
[01:37] | They retired to New Jersey last year. | 他们去年退休 住在新泽西州 |
[01:39] | He dropped dead of a heart attack three days ago. | 三天前他死于心脏病 |
[01:42] | Still, kinder fate than that of Gunther Klecko’s business partner, | 不过 比冈瑟·克莱科合作伙伴的命运好点 |
[01:46] | Yeah? | 是吧 |
[01:48] | Yeah. We think he shot the guy to death. | 是啊 我们认为他开枪杀了那家伙 |
[01:51] | In a warehouse that they co-own. | 在一家他们共有的仓库里 |
[01:52] | Watson texted me from the scene. | 华生在现场给我发了短信 |
[01:55] | Police have been searching for hours, | 警察已经搜寻了几个小时 |
[01:56] | still can’t find a murder weapon. | 仍未找到凶器 |
[01:58] | We don’t find it, a jury might actually believe the story | 要是找不到凶器 陪审团就有可能相信 |
[02:01] | he’s peddling about “Some black guy” | 他说的关于什么黑人 |
[02:03] | killing the partner then fleeing. | 杀害他的搭档然后逃逸的鬼话 |
[02:05] | Would’ve been nice to have a chance to lean on him. | 有办法诈诈他就好了 |
[02:07] | Look at the guy– he’s actually sweating. | 看那家伙 他在冒汗 |
[02:09] | But he asked for a lawyer as soon as he got here. | 但他一到这里 就要求了律师 |
[02:11] | Are you familiar with the Freedom Arms .22 caliber | 你熟悉自由臂制造的.22口径的 |
[02:14] | belt buckle handgun? | 袖珍手枪吗 |
[02:16] | It’s one of the, uh, tiniest pistols on the market. | 是市面上最小型的手枪之一 |
[02:20] | You think we’re having a hard time finding the gun | 你认为我们在仓库的搜索这么困难 |
[02:21] | at the warehouse because it’s small? | 是因为手枪很小吗 |
[02:23] | I don’t think it’s at the warehouse. | 我不认为手枪在仓库 |
[02:25] | And I don’t think he’s sweating because he’s nervous. | 我也不认为他出汗是因为紧张 |
[02:31] | Wait, are you saying | 等等 你是说 |
[02:32] | he put the gun… | 他把枪… |
[02:33] | You don’t need an interrogation to prove that he’s guilty. | 你不用审讯就能证明他有罪 |
[02:36] | You, uh, just need a pair of these. | 你只是需要一双手套 |
[02:49] | God, we thank you for | 上帝 我们感谢您 |
[02:51] | the life that you give us. | 赐予我们的生活 |
[02:54] | It is full of work and of responsibility, | 它充满了努力 责任 |
[02:58] | of sorrow and of joy. | 悲伤和快乐 |
[03:02] | Today, we thank you for Cy Durning, | 今天 我们替赛扬·杜宁感谢 |
[03:06] | for what he has given and received. | 他曾收获的一切 |
[03:10] | Help us in our mourning | 帮助悲痛的我们 |
[03:12] | and teach us to live for the living, | 让我们知道如何生活 |
[03:14] | in the time we still have left to us. | 在我们仅剩的时间中 |
[03:20] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:09] | Sherlock T. Ainsworth. | 夏洛克·T·安思沃斯 |
[04:12] | Husband, father and devoted chimney sweep. | 一位丈夫 父亲 献身于扫烟囱事业 |
[04:17] | I sent you to this cemetery three years ago | 三年前我将你送至这片公墓 |
[04:19] | to visit the graves of some of New York’s | 来拜访几位纽约 |
[04:20] | most infamous murder victims, | 最臭名昭著的凶案的受害人 |
[04:22] | and you returned with selfies | 结果你回来的时候带着自拍 |
[04:23] | taken in front of the grave of a man | 摄于一个从梯子上 |
[04:25] | who died falling off a ladder. | 跌落而死的人的墓前 |
[04:27] | I thought it’s funny, | 我觉得挺有意思 |
[04:28] | you two having the same weird name. | 你俩有同一个怪名字 |
[04:30] | You’re hardly in a position to mock other people’s names. | 你可没什么资格嘲笑别人的名字 |
[04:32] | Or are you no longer going by Kitty? | 难道你已经不叫凯蒂[同猫咪]了 |
[04:35] | Changed your hair. | 你换发型了 |
[04:37] | Lose a bet? | 打赌输了吗 |
[04:39] | You believe Cy Durning was murdered? | 你认为赛扬·杜宁是被谋杀的 |
[04:42] | I do. | 没错 |
[04:44] | If I’m right, he won’t be the last. | 如果我是对的 那他不会是最后一个 |
[05:23] | I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[05:24] | In the study. | 我在书房 |
[05:27] | You were right about Gunther Klecko’s gun. | 冈瑟·克莱科的枪被你说中了 |
[05:29] | It was right where you said it would be. | 就在你说的那个地方 |
[05:30] | I’ve never seen so many cops so unhappy | 我从没见过那么多警察 |
[05:32] | about finding a murder weapon. | 在找到谋杀凶器时那么不开心 |
[05:35] | Watson, you remember Kitty. | 华生 你还记得凯蒂吧 |
[05:41] | Kitty, oh, my God, what are you doing here? | 凯蒂 天啊 你怎么来了 |
[05:45] | I’m still not a hugger, Watson. | 我还是不喜欢拥抱 华生 |
[05:47] | Why didn’t you tell me she was coming? | 你怎么没告诉我她要来 |
[05:48] | She didn’t tell anyone she was coming. | 她没跟任何人说她要来 |
[05:50] | She wanted to keep her whereabouts a secret. | 她想让自己的行踪保密 |
[05:52] | Why? What’s going on? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[05:55] | She thinks that my former colleague, Cy Durning, was murdered. | 她认为我的前同事赛扬·杜宁是被谋杀的 |
[05:58] | She also thinks that she and I might be next. | 她还认为接下来就是我和她 |
[06:03] | His name’s Eli Kotite. He’s American. | 他叫伊莱·柯泰特 美国人 |
[06:05] | He’s a bond trader here in New York. | 他是纽约的债券交易人 |
[06:08] | About three and a half years ago, | 大约三年半前 |
[06:09] | he was in London on business and he struck a jogger with his car | 他去伦敦出差 开车撞了一个跑步的人 |
[06:13] | and then fled the scene. | 然后逃离了现场 |
[06:14] | Seven years prior to that, that same woman that he hit | 而在那之前七年 他撞的那个女人 |
[06:18] | had been wounded in the London Underground bombings. | 在伦敦地铁爆炸案中受了伤 |
[06:20] | After almost losing her leg, | 在差点失去她的腿之后 |
[06:21] | she’d recovered to the point where she could run marathons; | 她恢复到了能跑马拉松的程度 |
[06:23] | her death at the hands of a careless motorist | 被一个粗心的司机撞死 |
[06:26] | seemed especially cruel, | 显得太残酷了 |
[06:28] | so the search to identify him | 因此对他身份的调查 |
[06:29] | became this cause célèbre. | 引起了广泛关注 |
[06:31] | Sherlock had started training me to be a detective | 夏洛克恰好在那几周前开始训练我 |
[06:32] | just a few weeks earlier; he thought I could help. | 做一个侦探 他觉得我能帮上忙 |
[06:34] | He called it “A case on training wheels.” | 他称之为「练手的案子」 |
[06:36] | Took me about a week, | 花了我大约一周的时间 |
[06:37] | but I found a trail that led right to Kotite. | 但我找到了一条线索直接指向柯泰特 |
[06:40] | He was in London on his trip. | 他当时在伦敦出差 |
[06:42] | Got pissed in some pub | 在某个酒吧被惹怒了 |
[06:43] | and then forgot what side of the road he was supposed to be on. | 然后忘了他应该走路的哪边 |
[06:45] | We took everything that we had to Scotland Yard. | 我们把搜集到的证据给了苏格兰场 |
[06:47] | When the case went to trial, we both testified. | 当案子上庭的时候 我们都去作证了 |
[06:51] | Kotite was found guilty, | 柯泰特被判有罪 |
[06:52] | sentenced to four years in prison. | 入狱服刑四年 |
[06:54] | He got out two months ago– good behavior. | 他两个月前因为表现良好出狱了 |
[06:56] | And that’s when it started happening. | 一切就是从那时开始的 |
[06:58] | What started happening? | 开始了什么 |
[06:59] | The barrister who defended him committed suicide. | 给他辩护的律师自杀了 |
[07:03] | Couple of weeks later, the magistrate who presided over the trial | 几周后 主持庭审的法官 |
[07:07] | was killed in a car accident. | 在车祸中身亡 |
[07:08] | Then, three days ago, Cy Durning, who prosecuted him, | 然后 三天前 起诉他的赛扬·杜宁 |
[07:11] | dropped dead of an apparent heart attack in New Jersey. | 在新泽西因心脏病而死 |
[07:14] | First two cases didn’t make the American papers, | 前两个案子没有上美国的报纸 |
[07:16] | or I might’ve spotted the pattern. | 否则我可能已经注意到这种模式了 |
[07:18] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[07:19] | You think that this guy Kotite killed three people | 你觉得这个柯泰特杀了三个人 |
[07:22] | and then managed to make it look like something else each time? | 然后每次都设法布置得不像是谋杀 |
[07:24] | The killer is almost certainly not Kotite. | 凶手几乎可以确定不是柯泰特 |
[07:27] | He’s a paraplegic. Well, he is now. | 他瘫痪了 现在瘫痪了 |
[07:30] | If you have to spend time in a British prison, | 如果你要在英国蹲监狱 |
[07:32] | it’s best not to be an American. | 你最好别是美国人 |
[07:34] | Even better to not be an American who’s killed a Brit. | 而且最好别是杀了英国人的美国人 |
[07:36] | He was beaten early in his incarceration by two other inmates, | 他早些时候在牢里被两个室友打了 |
[07:39] | and that left him wheelchair-bound. | 然后就坐上了轮椅 |
[07:41] | Now, if Kitty is right about these recent deaths, | 如果凯蒂对这些死亡的看法没错 |
[07:43] | and there’s more to them than meets the eye, | 它们的真相不只是我们看到的那样 |
[07:45] | it’s likely that he’s hired someone to do the killing for him. | 那他可能是雇了个人为他杀人 |
[07:48] | Just as it’s likely there are more deaths to come. | 而且可能还会有新的死者 |
[07:50] | Ours, for example, seeing as we’re the ones who put him away. | 比如我们 因为是我们抓到他的 |
[07:53] | I mean, I get why he’d be motivated | 我明白他想杀这些 |
[07:55] | to pick off people that were involved in his trial, | 参与了他的审判的人的动机 |
[07:58] | but according to these articles, | 但根据这些文章 |
[08:00] | the first death was ruled a suicide, | 第一起死亡被认定为自杀 |
[08:01] | and the second was ruled an accident. | 而第二起被认定为意外 |
[08:03] | No evidence of foul play in either. | 两次都没有谋杀的证据 |
[08:06] | What if the killer is that good? | 如果凶手真有那么厉害呢 |
[08:08] | We won’t know unless we look into it. | 我们只有调查了才会知道 |
[08:10] | Two of the cases are not only cold, | 这两起案子不仅已经结案 |
[08:12] | they’re also thousands of miles away. | 而且发生在几千公里外 |
[08:14] | That leaves Cy Durning, | 只剩了赛扬·杜宁的案子 |
[08:15] | who did us the favor of dying in New Jersey. | 他帮了我们 死在了新泽西州 |
[08:18] | The captain has contacts there. | 警监在那里有联系人 |
[08:19] | So while you and Kitty ask him for help | 所以你和凯蒂去请他帮忙 |
[08:21] | in gathering materials, | 搜集情报 |
[08:22] | I’m going to look into Kotite’s recent activities. | 而我要去调查一下柯泰特的近期活动 |
[08:30] | You want me and Kitty to talk to the captain? | 你想让我和凯蒂去找警监 |
[08:33] | Is that a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[08:34] | Yeah, Watson. Problem? | 是啊 华生 有问题吗 |
[08:36] | You didn’t just leave New York two years ago, you fled. | 你两年前不是简单离开了纽约 你是逃走的 |
[08:38] | You dunked some guy’s head in a vat of acid. | 你把某个男人的头浸泡在一个酸桶里 |
[08:40] | Del Gruner wasn’t a “Guy”, he was a monster. | 戴尔·格鲁纳不是随便一个男人 他是禽兽 |
[08:43] | All things considered, I’d say he got off easy. | 考虑到他做的那些事 我会说太便宜他了 |
[08:45] | All I’m saying is the captain knew it was you. | 我只想说警监知道是你 |
[08:47] | He suspected. | 他是怀疑 |
[08:48] | Gruner never said a word about who marked him. | 格鲁纳从没说过是谁把他毁了容 |
[08:51] | Obviously, he didn’t want to reveal his true connection to Kitty. | 显然 他不想暴露他和凯蒂的真实关系 |
[08:54] | You really think that’s gonna matter to the captain? | 你真觉得这就能让警监改变看法 |
[08:57] | I wrote him a letter. | 我给他写过一封信 |
[08:59] | The captain, after I got back. | 给警监 在我回来后 |
[09:01] | I didn’t confess to anything– | 我没有承认任何事 |
[09:03] | I knew that would put him in a spot– | 我知道那会让他为难 |
[09:04] | I just… apologized if I disappointed him. | 我只是 向他道歉如果令他失望了 |
[09:08] | We’re square. | 我们和解了 |
[09:11] | You heard her. They’re square. | 你听到了 他们和解了 |
[09:16] | You’re sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[09:18] | Pretty sure. | 非常确定 |
[09:20] | What do you mean, you’re pretty sure? | 什么叫非常确定 |
[09:21] | I mean, I’m reasonably certain he won’t try to charge me | 我是说 我有理由相信他不会 |
[09:24] | with a two-year-old crime. | 为了一起两年前的旧案而起诉我 |
[09:28] | 60/40. | 六成把握 |
[09:30] | Ish. | 左右吧 |
[09:37] | Are you kidding me? | 你逗我呢吧 |
[09:42] | How come no one told me you were coming? | 怎么没人告诉我你要来了 |
[09:48] | It’s sort of a long story, actually. | 要讲起来挺复杂的 其实 |
[09:50] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[09:52] | I could use your help. | 我需要你的帮忙 |
[09:54] | Okay, come on. | 好吧 来 |
[09:56] | We’ll talk in my office. | 去我办公室聊 |
[10:00] | Must’ve been one hell of a letter. | 那封信肯定写得特别好 |
[10:02] | Yep. | 是的 |
[10:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:04] | Two M.E.S in London and one in New Jersey | 伦敦的两位法医 新泽西的一位 |
[10:06] | missing three murders? | 弄错了三起谋杀案 |
[10:08] | Odds seem pretty slim. | 概率看着挺小 |
[10:09] | No one would be happier if I’m wrong, but if I’m right | 我错了当然最好 但如果我是对的 |
[10:12] | and an assassin has made his way from England to America, | 有一个杀手从英国来到了美国 |
[10:15] | then Sherlock and I could be in danger. | 那夏洛克和我可能就有危险了 |
[10:20] | I’ll make some calls. | 我去打几通电话 |
[10:22] | You’ll have all the help you need from the police in Jersey. | 你们会得到新泽西州警力的全力支持 |
[10:25] | But first, | 但首先 |
[10:26] | I’m gonna go find Marcus. | 我要找到马库斯 |
[10:29] | I know he’s gonna want to say hi to you. | 我知道他会想见你的 |
[10:36] | So, what’ve you been up to the last two years? | 所以你这两年在干什么呢 |
[10:39] | Bit of this, bit of that. | 东干干 西干干 |
[10:43] | There’s a group in London that fights human trafficking. | 伦敦有一个组织与人口贩卖做斗争 |
[10:46] | I started working for them as an investigator. | 我开始为他们工作 做调查员 |
[10:49] | I look for girls who’ve been sold into the sex trade, | 我调查可能被卖去性交易的女孩 |
[10:52] | I find them, and I bring them home to their families. | 找到她们 然后把她们送回家 |
[10:55] | That’s amazing. | 很了不起 |
[10:57] | Oh, I take on the occasional private client as well. | 我有时还接私人业务 |
[11:01] | so, what room does Sherlock have you set up in at the brownstone? | 所以 夏洛克把你安排在褐石屋哪间房了 |
[11:05] | I’m not staying at the brownstone. | 我不住褐石屋 |
[11:08] | You’re not? | 是吗 |
[11:09] | I didn’t want to put you lot out. | 我不想给你们添太多麻烦 |
[11:11] | I mean, you do remember how many spare rooms we have there, right? | 你肯定记得我们有多少空余的房间吧 |
[11:15] | So, where are you staying? | 那你住在哪里呢 |
[11:17] | Friend’s. | 朋友家 |
[11:18] | Oh, which friend? | 哪个朋友 |
[11:21] | I have to go. | 我要走了 |
[11:23] | What, now? | 什么 现在吗 |
[11:24] | Something’s come up. It can’t wait. | 出了点事 等不了 |
[11:25] | The captain just said he was gonna come back with Marcus. | 警监刚说他要找马库斯过来 |
[11:28] | Just give him my best, will you? | 代我向他问好 好吗 |
[11:53] | Mr. Kotite. | 柯泰特先生 |
[11:56] | And you are? | 你是 |
[11:57] | I’m surprised you don’t remember me. Sherlock Holmes. | 我很惊讶你不记得我了 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[12:01] | You’re the detective | 你是三年前 |
[12:02] | who meddled in my case in London three years ago. | 在伦敦插手我案子的侦探 |
[12:04] | It’s a case that deserved meddling. | 那是个值得插手的案子 |
[12:06] | You hit a woman with your car, and then sped off, | 你用车撞了一个女人 然后疾驰而去 |
[12:09] | and left her to die in the street. | 留她一人死在街上 |
[12:11] | I don’t know how you got in here, | 我不知道你是怎么进来的 |
[12:12] | but this is a private club, so… | 但这是个私人俱乐部 所以 |
[12:13] | Of which my father is a very influential member– | 家父正好是个非常有影响力的会员 |
[12:16] | has been most of his life. | 他大半辈子都是 |
[12:17] | He also heads up an extremely powerful, evil cabal. | 他还是一个极其势力邪恶的政党集团的负责人 |
[12:21] | I can do no wrong within these walls. | 我在这里可以为所欲为 |
[12:23] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[12:24] | This morning, I attended the funeral | 今早 我参加了 |
[12:26] | of a mutual acquaintance, Cy Durning. | 我们共同的朋友 赛扬·杜宁的葬礼 |
[12:29] | Imagine my surprise to find out | 想象一下我有多吃惊吧 |
[12:30] | he’s the third person involved in your prosecution | 我发现他是跟你的案子有关的人中 |
[12:34] | to recently die. | 死的第三个了 |
[12:35] | What can I say? Dreams really do come true. | 我能说什么呢 梦想真有成真的时候 |
[12:38] | Especially when they’re entrusted to high-priced assassins. | 特别是有人找了高级杀手 |
[12:41] | Excuse me. You and I must be reading different newspapers. | 不好意思 我们看的肯定不是一样的报纸 |
[12:43] | It’s my understanding that there’s been one suicide, | 我看到的是 他们一个死于自杀 |
[12:46] | one car accident, one heart attack. | 一个出了车祸 还有一个是心脏病犯了 |
[12:49] | Certainly made to look that way. | 肯定都是被伪装成那样的 |
[12:52] | When my case went to trial, | 当年我的案子庭审的时候 |
[12:54] | my defense attorney, Tom Saunders, | 我的辩护律师 汤姆·桑德斯 |
[12:56] | revealed himself to be inept. | 显得非常无能 |
[12:59] | The judge who oversaw the whole thing | 负责判案的法官 |
[13:01] | couldn’t have been more biased, and your buddy, | 简直不能更有偏见了 而你的朋友 |
[13:03] | Mr. Durning, took advantage of the situation | 杜宁先生 利用了那次机会 |
[13:06] | to raise his own political profile. | 来提升自己的政治形象 |
[13:09] | Thanks to them, I’m gonna spend the rest of my life in this chair. | 拜他们所赐 我下半辈子都得坐轮椅了 |
[13:12] | If you’re saying that there’s some confusion | 如果你对他们的死 |
[13:14] | about the true causes of their deaths… | 有什么怀疑的话 |
[13:18] | I suggest you consider karma. | 我建议你考虑下是报应 |
[13:29] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[13:32] | Mr. Kotite’s difficult to read. | 很难看透柯泰特先生 |
[13:34] | Name me a sociopath who isn’t. | 不过哪个反社会者不是这样呢 |
[13:36] | He was aware of the three deaths, | 他知道他们三个人死了 |
[13:38] | but did not take responsibility. | 但不承认他有责任 |
[13:39] | So, we’re still not sure we’re looking at three murders. | 也就是说我们仍没有这三起谋杀案的头绪 |
[13:43] | Is this all that you and Kitty managed to find | 这就是你和凯蒂找到的 |
[13:44] | regarding Cy Durning’s passing? | 所有关于杜宁的资料吗 |
[13:46] | No one in Jersey thought there was foul play, remember? | 新泽西的人都觉得这案子没问题 |
[13:48] | So that means no case file, no CSU reports. | 所有并没有案卷 物证报告什么的 |
[13:51] | None of the usual haystacks to search for needles. | 连海都没有 怎么捞针 |
[13:54] | No, but funny you should mention needles. | 是的 不过说到针 |
[13:56] | These were taken by the medicolegal investigator | 这些照片是在杜宁的尸体被从家里运走前 |
[13:59] | before Durning’s body was removed from his home. | 由法医学的调查员拍的 |
[14:01] | Look at his shoelaces. | 看他的鞋带 |
[14:02] | On the right shoe, the knot begins | 右边的这只 打结处 |
[14:04] | with the outside lace being fed under the inside one. | 是从外面穿到里面的 |
[14:06] | On the left shoe, | 而左边这只 |
[14:07] | it’s the opposite. | 完全相反 |
[14:09] | The knots are mirror images of each other. | 两只鞋的结是镜像对称的 |
[14:10] | So, that could mean… | 所以 有可能说明 |
[14:11] | One of his shoes was tied for him? | 有一只是别人给他系的 |
[14:13] | It’s just a theory, but it’s possible | 这是个猜想 但有可能 |
[14:15] | somebody subdued him, took off one of his shoes, | 有人迫使他脱下了鞋 |
[14:16] | injected something between his toes | 然后向他脚趾里注射了什么东西 |
[14:18] | to cause a heart attack, and then put the shoe back on. | 从而引发了心脏病 然后再把鞋给他穿上 |
[14:21] | The M.E. classified the death as natural, | 法医判定是自然死亡 |
[14:24] | and did not mention any puncture wounds in her report. | 而且报告里也没有提到有刺伤 |
[14:27] | Yeah, it’s possible she could’ve missed it, | 是的 有可能是她漏掉了 |
[14:28] | but the only way to know for sure is to exhume the body. | 但唯一的办法就是把尸体挖出来 |
[14:32] | I’ll reach out to the captain. | 我去联系警监 |
[14:33] | I already did. He said no. | 我已经试过了 他说不行 |
[14:34] | He doesn’t think there’s enough evidence | 他说这些证据 |
[14:35] | to even broach the subject with his family. | 都不够跟死者家属提起这种要求 |
[14:38] | Well, then we’ll find some. | 那我们就继续找 |
[14:45] | Does Kitty seem a little off to you? | 你不觉得凯蒂有点奇怪吗 |
[14:46] | A little, I don’t know, | 我也说不好 有点 |
[14:48] | tightly wound? | 很紧张 |
[14:49] | Good detectives should be tightly wound, | 好的侦探就该时刻紧张 |
[14:50] | especially one whose life may be in danger. | 特别是当她觉得自己有危险的时候 |
[14:54] | Uh, well, today, after the captain said | 今天 警监说了要帮我们 |
[14:55] | he was gonna help us, she took off. | 但是她突然就走了 |
[14:57] | She didn’t even wait to say hi to Marcus. | 甚至都没等到跟马库斯打招呼 |
[14:58] | Did she also neglect to wipe her feet | 她进警局时是不是 |
[15:00] | when she entered the precinct? | 也忘了擦鞋 |
[15:01] | I am serious. | 我是认真的 |
[15:03] | It’s why you’re serious that puzzles me. | 我不解的是你为什么这么当真 |
[15:06] | Well, the last time we saw Kitty, she lied to us. | 上次我们见到凯蒂时 她骗了我们 |
[15:08] | She said she was going back to London, | 她说她要回伦敦去 |
[15:10] | but actually she was here in New York, hunting Del Gruner. | 可其实她来了纽约 追捕戴尔·格鲁纳 |
[15:12] | She almost killed him. | 她差点杀死他 |
[15:13] | You think she might be stalking new prey? | 你觉得她现在又在追捕坏人吗 |
[15:15] | I don’t know what she’s doing, but it’d be nice to know | 我不知道她在做什么 但最好确定 |
[15:17] | we’re not being manipulated again. | 我们没有又一次被耍了 |
[15:18] | I mean, what do you know about what she’s been | 你知道她过去两年里 |
[15:19] | up to the last two years? | 做了什么吗 |
[15:21] | Nothing. | 一无所知 |
[15:22] | What do you mean, “Nothing”? | 什么叫「一无所知」 |
[15:24] | I mean nothing. | 就是一无所知 |
[15:25] | How could you not know anything? | 你怎么可能一无所知呢 |
[15:26] | She was your friend. | 她是你朋友 |
[15:27] | She was my protege. | 她是我的门徒 |
[15:28] | Her departure from my life was only a matter of time. | 她离我而去是早晚的事 |
[15:31] | I’m just saying. | 我就随便一说 |
[15:32] | She’s a detective now, Watson, | 她已经是个侦探了 华生 |
[15:34] | so she’s one of us. | 是我们自己人 |
[15:36] | She needs our help, we give it to her. | 她需要我们的帮忙 我们就给她 |
[15:38] | It’s as simple as that. | 就这么简单 |
[15:51] | Captain? | 警监 |
[15:51] | I’m starting to think you and Kitty are right about | 我开始认同你和凯蒂说的 |
[15:53] | there being more to Cy Durning’s death than meets the eye. | 赛扬·杜宁的死没有表面那么简单了 |
[15:56] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[15:57] | How fast can you get to Green-Wood Cemetery? | 你最快什么时候能赶来绿林墓地 |
[16:00] | I don’t understand. I thought you said | 我不明白 你不是说 |
[16:01] | there wasn’t enough evidence to even broach an exhumation. | 没有足够的证据申请尸体挖掘吗 |
[16:04] | There wasn’t. We didn’t do this. | 是没有 这不是我们做的 |
[16:08] | Last night, some person or persons | 昨晚 某个人或某些人 |
[16:10] | broke into the cemetery, dug up Mr. Durning’s coffin, | 闯入墓地 挖出了杜宁先生的棺材 |
[16:14] | and set what was left of him on fire. | 然后放火烧了他的遗骸 |
[16:17] | Pretty sure if there was any evidence here that proved | 可以肯定如果这里有什么证据能证明 |
[16:19] | he was murdered, it’s gone now. | 他是被谋杀的 现在也没了 |
[16:29] | We can try to run some tests, but I’m not optimistic. | 我们可以试着做些测试 但我觉得不乐观 |
[16:33] | There’s probably not enough of the scene left | 可能没留下足够的线索 |
[16:34] | to help track down whoever did this. | 能帮助我们追查是谁干的 |
[16:38] | Digging up a grave at this time of year | 在这个季节挖坟 |
[16:40] | would’ve been quite a slog, even with that backhoe. | 肯定要花不少时间 即便是有铲土机 |
[16:43] | The ground is so hard, it would’ve taken at least an hour, | 土地这么硬 怎么也得花一个小时 |
[16:45] | and you’re saying no one saw anything? | 但你却说没有目击证人 |
[16:47] | Groundskeepers are from Laos. | 场地管理员是老挝人 |
[16:50] | They said they didn’t see anybody suspicious last night. | 他们说昨晚没看到有可疑的人 |
[16:52] | Said the fire was already out when they got back this morning. | 还说等他们早上回来的时候火已经灭了 |
[16:56] | Sherlock talked to Eli Kotite yesterday. | 夏洛克昨天和伊莱·柯泰特谈过 |
[16:58] | That’s got to be why this happened. | 肯定是因此才发生了这种事 |
[16:59] | He got spooked, sent his guy here to clean up. | 他慌了 派他的人来清理 |
[17:02] | Now any evidence that Cy Durning’s death | 现在任何能证明赛扬·杜宁的死 |
[17:03] | wasn’t natural is gone. | 是非自然死亡的证据都没了 |
[17:05] | So is any doubt I had about Kotite’s guilt. | 我之前对柯泰特有罪的疑虑也没了 |
[17:07] | You’ll have the full weight of the department behind you now. | 现在你们将得到警局的全力支持 |
[17:09] | And I’ll reach out to our friends across the pond, too. | 我也会联络对岸的朋友们 |
[17:12] | I suppose that’s something. | 这还真是不错 |
[17:14] | Actually, there might be something else. | 其实 可能还有别的线索 |
[17:16] | If I’m right, | 如果我没猜错 |
[17:17] | Eli Kotite’s errand boy dyes his hair. | 伊莱·柯泰特的跑腿小弟染过头发 |
[17:21] | These hairs are freshly shed. | 这些头发是新脱落的 |
[17:22] | He must’ve banged his head on the roof in the dark. | 他肯定是在黑夜里用头撞到了车顶 |
[17:24] | Or maybe one of the workers did. | 也可能是某个工人 |
[17:27] | Well, you said they were Asian. | 你说他们是亚洲人 |
[17:29] | These appear to be Caucasoid. | 而这些看起来是白种人的 |
[17:31] | You can see they’re naturally gray | 可以看到根部天然的灰色 |
[17:32] | at the root and then dyed red. | 然后染成了红色 |
[17:35] | I submit that Kotite’s henchman isn’t just homicidal, he’s vain. | 我认为柯泰特的手下不止凶残 还很自负 |
[17:39] | Probably not enough usable DNA here. | 这里的DNA可能不太够 |
[17:41] | I mean, there’s nothing left of the follicle for a good sample. | 我是说 这毛囊不够提取样本的 |
[17:45] | Agreed. If we can’t identify our suspect through a database, | 同意 如果我们不能从数据库中查找嫌犯 |
[17:48] | we will have to pick up a trail elsewhere. | 那我们就要在别处寻找线索了 |
[17:51] | All right, so, we’ll finish processing the scene here. | 好吧 我们会完成对这个现场的取证 |
[17:54] | – Where do you want to start? – At the scene of the crime | -你想从哪里开始 -从一个没人认为 |
[17:56] | no one thought was a crime, Cy Durning’s home. | 犯过罪的犯罪现场开始 赛扬·杜宁的家 |
[17:59] | All right. I’ll have Marcus meet you there. | 好 我让马库斯在那里见你 |
[18:00] | I’ll reach out to the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office, | 我会联络卑尔根县的警长办公室 |
[18:02] | have them send a CSU team. | 让他们派出鉴证组 |
[18:04] | Maybe you two want to go talk | 或许你们俩应该去和 |
[18:06] | to the M.E. Out in Paramus, tell her to wake up. | 帕拉莫斯的验尸官谈谈 叫她清醒下 |
[18:10] | She missed a murder here. | 她可能弄错了一起谋杀案 |
[18:15] | So, as you can see, there was significant amounts | 可以看到 在杜宁先生的动脉里 |
[18:17] | of plaque in Mr. Durning’s arteries. | 有很大量的血小板 |
[18:20] | A heart attack was a long time coming. | 心脏病发是迟早的事 |
[18:22] | That doesn’t necessarily mean | 这不一定意味着 |
[18:23] | the cause of death was… | 死亡原因就是… |
[18:24] | Cause was a massive myocardial infarction. | 原因是心肌梗塞 |
[18:27] | His heart was in tatters, and it’s all there in the report. | 他的心脏早不行了 报告里都写了 |
[18:30] | I only mean that you can’t be sure | 我只是说你不能确定 |
[18:32] | what specifically brought on the attack. | 是什么引起了病发 |
[18:34] | How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? | 笔头上能容下多少个跳舞的天使呢 |
[18:37] | Which artery gave out, which clot formed when, | 哪根动脉不行了 哪个凝块什么时候形成的 |
[18:39] | it’s hard to say. | 都很难说清 |
[18:40] | There’s a reason we have a box to tick | 这就是为什么有那么个选项 |
[18:42] | that just says “Natural causes.” | 只写着「自然原因死亡」 |
[18:44] | If you ticked the right box, then why was his corpse dug up | 如果你选对了 那为什么他的尸体今早 |
[18:47] | and burnt early this morning? | 被挖出后烧了呢 |
[18:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:51] | Maybe someone really hated him, wanted to hurt his family. | 也许有人特恨他 想让他的家人痛苦 |
[18:54] | All I can tell you is when I examined Mr. Durning, | 我只能告诉你 我检验杜宁先生时 |
[18:57] | there were no signs of foul play. | 没发现任何谋杀的痕迹 |
[19:00] | I don’t agree. This little mark here | 我不同意 这里的小痕迹 |
[19:02] | between his second and third toe on his right foot | 在他右脚第二和第三指头间的 |
[19:04] | looks like the site of a hypodermic injection. | 看起来像是皮下注射的位置 |
[19:08] | Looks more like a flea bite to me. | 在我看来更像是跳蚤咬的 |
[19:10] | Oh, that would’ve been one nasty flea. | 那还真是个讨厌的跳蚤 |
[19:12] | And it would’ve had to have bitten him under his shoe, | 它还必须进入鞋里去咬他 |
[19:14] | which he decided | 那鞋还是他 |
[19:14] | to tie left-handed for the first time in his life. | 人生中第一次决定用左手系的 |
[19:17] | There are no visible effects you would expect to see | 没有任何应该出现的可见反应能表明 |
[19:19] | if he were poisoned. | 他是被毒害的 |
[19:21] | The lungs, kidneys, sclera– | 他的肺 肾脏 巩膜 |
[19:23] | they were all normal. | 都是正常的 |
[19:24] | I don’t know what you think he was injected with. | 我不知道你们觉得他被注射了什么 |
[19:26] | Well, that’s the problem. | 这就是问题 |
[19:27] | We’ll never know because you didn’t order | 我们永远都没法知道了 因为你没有 |
[19:28] | a full toxicology report. | 做全套毒理学检查报告 |
[19:31] | You didn’t even order a basic panel. | 你连基本的检查都没做 |
[19:32] | Mr. Durning’s arteries made him a candidate for a double bypass. | 杜宁先生的动脉必须做两个心脏搭桥 |
[19:36] | He was overweight, he was 72 years old. | 他72岁了 而且超重 |
[19:38] | And now he’s a briquette. | 如今他成了煤块 |
[19:41] | You’ve seen my report, ladies. | 女士们 你们看到我的报告了 |
[19:42] | I have nothing to add. | 我没什么要补充的 |
[19:45] | Maybe you just need to think a bit harder. | 或许你只是需要再好好想想 |
[19:50] | Kitty. | 凯蒂 |
[19:52] | I need to get back to work. | 我要继续工作了 |
[20:03] | She didn’t miss that injection mark, she was lying. | 她没漏掉那个针孔 她在撒谎 |
[20:06] | Obviously. | 很显然 |
[20:07] | She barely looked either of us in the eye the whole time. | 她一直不敢看我们的眼睛 |
[20:09] | She had her arms crossed, | 她双臂交叉 |
[20:10] | she had her torso faced towards the door. | 将身体面对着门 |
[20:12] | Yeah, she wanted us out of there. | 对 她想让我们出去 |
[20:14] | She got what she wanted. | 她得到她想要的了 |
[20:15] | You should’ve let me give her a shoeing. | 你应该让我好好揍她一顿的 |
[20:17] | You really think that would’ve helped? | 你真觉得那会有帮助吗 |
[20:19] | Wouldn’t have hurt. | 没坏处 |
[20:20] | Well, me. | 对我 |
[20:23] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[20:25] | I’m fine. Why? | 没事啊 怎么了 |
[20:27] | Well, you look tired. | 你看上去很累 |
[20:29] | It’s just jet lag. | 只是时差 |
[20:30] | Yeah, now whose arms are folded? | 现在谁的手臂交叉了 |
[20:32] | It’s cold out here, Watson. | 华生 这里很冷 |
[20:40] | Another errand? | 又要跑腿吗 |
[20:42] | Let me know when you hear from Sherlock, will you? | 你有夏洛克的消息通知我 好吗 |
[20:47] | Well, none of this makes any sense. | 这一切都说不通 |
[20:50] | If Cy was murdered, how is it nobody noticed it? | 如果赛扬是被谋杀的 怎么会没人察觉 |
[20:53] | Our colleagues are looking into that as we speak. | 我们的同事现在正在调查 |
[20:55] | You said you remembered the Kotite case. | 你说你记得柯泰特的案子 |
[20:58] | Oh, it got a lot of attention. | 当时轰动不小 |
[21:00] | After all was said and done, all he got was four years. | 尽了一切努力 他却只被判四年 |
[21:03] | I mean, who would kill three people | 谁会为判了四年刑 |
[21:05] | over a four-year sentence? | 杀三个人 |
[21:08] | The last couple of months, | 在过去的几个月 |
[21:09] | did you or your husband notice anything unusual? | 你或你的丈夫有注意到什么不寻常的事吗 |
[21:12] | Hang-up phone calls threatening messages, | 无声电话 威胁信息 |
[21:14] | – that sort of thing? – No. | -诸如此类的事 -没有 |
[21:16] | I… Years ago, when Cy was still working, | 我 很多年前赛扬还在工作的时候 |
[21:19] | there was harassment like that. | 有过这样的骚扰 |
[21:21] | People were not happy that they or their loved ones | 人们因为自己或者爱的人 |
[21:23] | were going to prison. | 要入狱而怀恨在心 |
[21:24] | It was one of the reasons why we retired here, | 这也是为什么我们退休后会来这里 |
[21:26] | to get away from that. | 为了远离那些事 |
[21:29] | I thought we had. | 我以为我们远离了 |
[21:31] | The day that Cy died, | 赛扬死的那天 |
[21:33] | what do you remember about the day? | 你记得那天发生了什么事吗 |
[21:35] | Um, I went out to do some grocery shopping. | 我去采办杂货 |
[21:39] | When I came back, I found him. | 我回来的时候 发现了他 |
[21:41] | He was on the floor there. | 他就在那边的地上 |
[21:48] | He was so cold. | 他是那么冰冷 |
[21:51] | Uh, they said that he died right after I left. | 他们说我离开之后他就死了 |
[21:56] | I keep thinking, if I hadn’t been in such a rush, | 我一直在想 如果我不是走得那么急 |
[21:59] | I could’ve been there for him. | 我本可以陪着他的 |
[22:00] | I could’ve called the paramedics. | 我本可以叫急救的 |
[22:02] | But if what you’re saying is true… | 但如果你们说的是真的 |
[22:05] | The person who did this | 杀了他的人 |
[22:06] | might’ve been waiting for you to leave that day. | 那天可能等着你离开 |
[22:08] | Um, did you happen to notice anyone strange in the area? | 你有没有在这一带看到过什么奇怪的人 |
[22:11] | That day, I… | 那天 我 |
[22:14] | It-It’s something of a blur, honestly. | 说实话 一片模糊 |
[22:18] | There is some evidence which suggests, | 有一些证据显示 |
[22:20] | uh, the person we’re looking for | 我们要找的人 |
[22:21] | may have short, cropped hair. | 可能留着短发 |
[22:24] | Dyed red. | 染成了红色 |
[22:25] | Might be a bit older. | 可能有些年纪 |
[22:28] | Yes, I… | 有 我 |
[22:29] | A man just like that was standing right outside, | 有一个那样的男人就站在外面 |
[22:31] | there on the sidewalk. | 在那边的人行道上 |
[22:34] | He smiled at me as I drove away. | 我开车离开的时候他对我微笑 |
[22:36] | And what else do you remember about him? | 你还记得关于他的什么别的细节吗 |
[22:40] | How sure are we this is our guy? | 我们有多确定他就是凶手 |
[22:41] | Mrs. Durning said that’s who she saw | 杜宁太太说这就是她丈夫心脏病发前 |
[22:43] | when she left the house right before | 她离开家的时候 |
[22:44] | her husband’s heart attack. | 看到的人 |
[22:45] | She also remembered he was carrying a briefcase. | 她还记得他当时拿着一个公文包 |
[22:47] | Good bet it contained a hypodermic needle | 有可能里面放着皮下注射器 |
[22:49] | and whatever tools he needed to break into the Durning home. | 以及他用来闯入杜宁家的工具 |
[22:51] | Local PD are circulating the sketch, | 当地警方在分发这张素描 |
[22:53] | but we’re gonna take it over | 但我们会亲自带着它 |
[22:54] | to the morgue in Paramus personally, | 去帕拉莫斯的停尸房 |
[22:56] | see if anyone there saw this guy | 看看有没有人见过这个人 |
[22:57] | make contact with the M.E. who missed the murder. | 和没发现谋杀的法医有过联系 |
[23:00] | I’ve been trying to get a warrant | 我已经试着申请了 |
[23:01] | for Kotite’s phone records. | 对柯泰特通话记录的查询许可 |
[23:03] | I’m hoping we can track this guy down from the call | 希望我们能通过电话追踪到这个人 |
[23:06] | that Kotite must’ve made after you goosed him | 柯泰特肯定在你昨天突然现身俱乐部质问他后 |
[23:08] | at his club yesterday. | 给这个人打了电话 |
[23:09] | A warrant would be worthwhile, but I can guarantee you | 许可值得申请 但我能向你保证 |
[23:11] | that he did not call his assassin after I left. | 他没有在我离开后给杀手打电话 |
[23:14] | Obviously, he told the guy to go down to the cemetery | 显然是他让那个人去墓地 |
[23:16] | to clean his mess up. | 帮他绝除后患 |
[23:17] | He did. I just don’t think he did it over the phone. | 是的 只是我不认为他是通过电话下令的 |
[23:20] | The assassin was at the club, you see. | 杀手也在那个俱乐部里 |
[23:22] | I passed him on my way out. | 我离开时从他身边经过了 |
[23:23] | He didn’t seem suspicious at first, but after Mrs. Durning | 他起初并不可疑 但在杜宁太太 |
[23:26] | began to describing the man that she saw, | 开始描述她看见的那个人时 |
[23:28] | I realized I’d seen him as well. | 我意识到我也见过他 |
[23:30] | Drew that sketch myself. | 那张素描就是我自己画的 |
[23:50] | Hello? | 喂 |
[23:52] | No, it’s okay. It’s only half past 8:00 here. | 不 没事 这里现在才八点半 |
[23:57] | I told you, I’m not sure when I’ll be back. | 我说了 我不确定什么时候会回去 |
[23:59] | This will take as long as it takes. | 这事会花一段时间 |
[24:39] | Margaret, stop! | 玛格丽特 住手 |
[24:40] | You got my text. | 你收到我的短信了 |
[24:41] | Yes, I did. | 是的 收到了 |
[24:43] | Watson, this is Margaret. | 华生 这是玛格丽特 |
[24:46] | – You know this woman? – Yeah, she’s my friend. | -你认识这个女人 -对 她是我朋友 |
[24:48] | A very nosy friend, but she is a friend nonetheless. | 一位爱管闲事的朋友 但毕竟还是朋友 |
[24:51] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:52] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:53] | I-I thought you broke in. | 我以为你是闯进来 |
[24:54] | I thought you were trying to take him. | 我以为你是来带走他的 |
[24:56] | – Take who? – Her baby. | -带走谁 -她的孩子 |
[24:59] | I’m his nanny. | 我是他的保姆 |
[25:11] | His name’s Archie. | 他叫阿奇 |
[25:13] | His father and I went to university together. | 他父亲和我一起上的大学 |
[25:16] | Or at least we did before I… | 至少之前是 在我… |
[25:18] | you know, before I had my troubles. | 在我遇到麻烦之前 |
[25:21] | I just bumped into him when I got back to London. | 我回伦敦时与他偶遇了 |
[25:23] | It was… it was really nice, wasn’t it? | 那真是非常美好 对吧 |
[25:26] | Then we were together for a while, | 然后我们在一起了一段时间 |
[25:28] | and then we weren’t, then we were. | 接着又分分合合 |
[25:31] | Archie was a surprise. | 阿奇是个意外 |
[25:33] | But the best one I’ve ever had. | 但是我经历过的最好的意外 |
[25:35] | His dad and I are on different paths now, | 他爸爸和我如今分道扬镳了 |
[25:37] | but when it comes to Archie, he’s been great. | 但至于阿奇 他真的很棒 |
[25:39] | He’s so… supportive, and he’s so present. | 他是很坚实的后盾 是一份礼物 |
[25:43] | Between him and Margaret, I have everything I need. | 有他和玛格丽特在 我就有了一切 |
[25:46] | He’s beautiful. | 他很漂亮 |
[25:47] | Yes, he is. | 对 确实 |
[25:49] | He’s also very needy. | 他还非常贪嘴 |
[25:50] | When he’s hungry, he won’t let anyone feed him, | 他饿的时候只让他妈妈喂 |
[25:52] | apart from his mum. | 其他任何人都不行 |
[25:53] | Will you, you little monkey? | 对吧 你这小皮猴 |
[25:55] | So that’s why you’ve been sneaking off the last few days. | 这就是你这几天经常偷溜的原因吗 |
[25:58] | Yeah, it’s also why I’ve not been getting much sleep. | 对 这也是我没怎么睡觉的原因 |
[26:00] | He’s teething and so on. | 他在长牙什么的 |
[26:03] | I would say he’s the fussiest man I’ve ever met, | 我会说他是我见过最难对付的人 |
[26:05] | but we both know I’d be lying. | 但我们都知道我在撒谎 |
[26:06] | Do you mind? | 你介意我抱抱吗 |
[26:08] | No. | 当然不会 |
[26:10] | What do you say, Archie? | 你怎么说 阿奇 |
[26:11] | You stay agreeable for your Aunty Watson? | 你喜欢华生阿姨吗 |
[26:19] | Well, you’ve done it now, you’ve made my list of sitters. | 你做到了 你进入了我的保姆名单 |
[26:24] | “Aunty Watson.” I like it. | 「华生阿姨」 我喜欢这称呼 |
[26:26] | You know Sherlock used to call me that? | 你知道夏洛克过去也常这么叫我吗 |
[26:28] | Of course, I was “The Anti-Watson.” | 当然 我是「反华生」[同音梗] |
[26:31] | I mean, after everything you’ve been through, | 你经历了那么多 |
[26:33] | I mean, you’re a mom now, it’s amazing. | 现在你成了一位母亲 这很了不起 |
[26:36] | So why wouldn’t you, uh, tell us about Archie? | 你为什么不告诉我们阿奇的事呢 |
[26:38] | Why keep him a secret? | 为什么把他当秘密 |
[26:40] | I know what you two are like. | 我了解你们俩是什么样的人 |
[26:42] | You’re going after a man who’s financed three murders. | 你们在追捕一个花钱制造了三起谋杀的人 |
[26:45] | The second you found out I had a baby on board, | 你们要是发现我有孩子 |
[26:47] | you would’ve benched me. | 就会不让我插手了 |
[26:48] | – No. – “No”? | -不对 -「不对」 |
[26:49] | No, there’s more to it than that, I can tell. | 不对 还有别的原因 我能看出来 |
[26:55] | After all this is over, | 等这所有事结束 |
[26:56] | after we prove Kotite’s guilty, um… | 等我们证明了柯泰特有罪 |
[26:59] | I’m quitting. | 我就退出 |
[27:01] | Quitting? | 退出 |
[27:02] | Being a detective. | 不再做侦探了 |
[27:04] | I’m gonna stay on with the group I told you about, | 我会待在我告诉过你的那个组织 |
[27:05] | but strictly as a counselor. | 但是只做顾问 |
[27:09] | I just don’t know how Sherlock’s gonna take it. | 我只是不知道夏洛克会怎么想 |
[27:11] | Wait, you don’t think he’d be happy for you? | 你觉得他不会为你感到高兴 |
[27:13] | He dedicated a year of his life to me. | 他为我牺牲了一年的时间 |
[27:15] | He-he taught me, | 全心全意地教我 |
[27:17] | and he gave me structure, he gave me purpose. | 教会我如何行事 给了我目标 |
[27:20] | This thing we do, this isn’t just a job to him, | 我们做的这些 对他来说不只是工作 |
[27:22] | it’s-it’s… it’s something much more, | 是 是有更深的意义 |
[27:24] | and I’m just gonna turn my back on it. | 但我却要离开了 |
[27:27] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[27:29] | I’m scared he’s gonna be disappointed. | 我害怕会让他失望 |
[27:32] | I mean, I understand why you’d be nervous, but respectfully, | 我懂你的担忧 但是说实话 |
[27:35] | I think you’re selling him short. | 我觉得你小看他了 |
[27:38] | I mean, he deserves to know that you’re happy. | 他应该知道你很幸福 |
[27:43] | Right? | 对吧 |
[27:55] | Dr. Wilkerson, I’m Detective Bell. | 威尔克森医生 我是贝尔警探 |
[27:57] | You already know my colleagues. | 你已经见过我的同事了 |
[28:00] | Why am I looking at a picture of a man | 为什么让我看 |
[28:02] | who was shot to death? | 一张被谋杀的人的照片 |
[28:04] | Oh, she does recognize a murder when she sees one. | 原来她是能认得谋杀的呢 |
[28:07] | We thought you were gonna say | 我们还以为你会说 |
[28:07] | we’re looking at the work of the world’s biggest flea. | 我们正在看世界上最大的跳蚤的杰作呢 |
[28:11] | I owe you a Coke, Watson. | 欠你一瓶可乐 华生 |
[28:12] | Does that man look familiar to you? | 你认识那个男人吗 |
[28:15] | No. | 不认识 |
[28:16] | So you’ve never seen him before? | 所以你从来没见过他 |
[28:18] | No. | 没见过 |
[28:19] | You’re positive? | 你确定 |
[28:21] | Does “No” Mean the same thing | 「不」在纽约和新泽西 |
[28:23] | in New York that it means in New Jersey? | 难道不是同一个意思吗 |
[28:25] | Just answer the question. | 回答问题 |
[28:28] | I’ve never seen that man before. | 我之前从没见过那个人 |
[28:30] | Well, that’s funny because Detective Bell | 这就有趣了 因为贝尔警探 |
[28:31] | met a witness last night | 昨晚见了一个证人 |
[28:33] | that says that that man paid a visit to your morgue last week. | 他说上周那个人去了你的停尸房 |
[28:37] | He talked to you for a while. | 和你谈了一段时间 |
[28:38] | Our witness couldn’t make out the details, | 我们的证人没给出更多细节 |
[28:40] | but if we had to guess, | 但我们猜 |
[28:42] | he was offering you money to help him cover up | 他是去给你钱的 |
[28:44] | the murder of Cy Durning. | 让你掩饰赛扬·杜宁的谋杀 |
[28:45] | Have you ever heard of a man named Eli Kotite? | 你听过伊莱·柯泰特这个名字吗 |
[28:48] | No. | 没有 |
[28:50] | Is he the man in the sketch? | 他是画上那个人吗 |
[28:52] | No, he’s the man behind the man in the sketch. | 不 他是那个人的幕后之人 |
[28:55] | See, Mr. Kotite had an ax to grind with Cy Durning. | 柯泰特先生和赛扬·杜宁有仇 |
[28:58] | He paid the killer, the killer paid you. | 他找了杀手 然后杀手贿赂了你 |
[29:00] | When Cy Durning turned up on your autopsy table, | 当赛扬·杜宁出现在你的解剖台上时 |
[29:03] | you looked the other way. | 你装没看到 |
[29:04] | Took what should’ve been a homicide | 然后把谋杀案 |
[29:06] | and called it a natural death. | 当作了自然死亡 |
[29:09] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[29:12] | You’re a terrible person, Dr. Wilkerson. | 你是个很糟的人 威尔克森医生 |
[29:14] | But you’re not the most terrible, | 但你还不是最坏的 |
[29:16] | at least not in this case. | 至少这个案子中不是 |
[29:17] | We want Kotite and his assassin. | 我们想抓到柯泰特和他的杀手 |
[29:19] | You tell Detective Bell here | 你告诉贝尔警探你知道的 |
[29:20] | everything you know about them, and who knows? | 关于他们的所有的事 |
[29:22] | You might dodge a prison sentence. | 也许你能避免牢狱之灾 |
[29:25] | No. | 不 |
[29:26] | There is no witness. You’re making him up. | 并没有证人 你们在瞎编 |
[29:30] | The day you met with the man in the sketch, | 你和画上的人见面的那天 |
[29:32] | you had a coffee stain on your lab coat, right here. | 你的实验服上有块咖啡污渍 就在这儿 |
[29:36] | Does that sound like a detail we made up? | 这像是我们瞎编的吗 |
[29:38] | Are you arresting me? | 你要逮捕我吗 |
[29:40] | No, not yet. | 不 不是现在 |
[29:41] | Then I’m leaving. | 那我要走了 |
[29:43] | You should know, Dr. Wilkerson, we are seeking a warrant | 你应该知道 威尔克森医生 现在 |
[29:46] | for your financial records as we speak. | 我们的人正在申请搜查证 |
[29:48] | If there’s a money trail between you and Eli Kotite, | 如果在你和伊莱·柯泰特之间有金钱往来 |
[29:50] | we will find it. | 我们会发现的 |
[29:52] | If you’re lucky, we’ll get it | 如果你够幸运 |
[29:53] | before he has his man pay you a second visit. | 我们会在他的人再次拜访你之前找到 |
[30:05] | You’re quite certain this is everything? | 你确定这是所有的了 |
[30:07] | Everything so far. | 目前为止的所有 |
[30:08] | The captain has just sent through some additional bank records. | 警监又多发来了一些银行记录 |
[30:11] | Good. ‘Cause if there’s any proof in these documents | 很好 因为如果这些文件中真的有 |
[30:14] | that Dr. Wilkerson took a bribe from Eli Kotite, | 威尔克森医生收了伊莱·柯泰特钱的证据 |
[30:16] | it’s doing a good job of hiding itself. | 那它藏得很好 |
[30:21] | She’ll be back soon. | 她马上回来 |
[30:23] | Watson, with the food. | 华生 带着吃的 |
[30:24] | You keep looking at your watch. | 你一直在看时间 |
[30:27] | I’m not hungry, actually. | 其实我不太饿 |
[30:29] | Wouldn’t know it from the amount of food you ordered. | 从你点的食物的量来看不是这样 |
[30:31] | Who needs pizza and pasta? | 谁会同时要披萨和意面啊 |
[30:34] | Here we are. | 找到了 |
[30:36] | Found something? | 发现什么了 |
[30:40] | Dr. Wilkerson received | 威尔克森医生收到了 |
[30:41] | a $50,000 wire transfer from a Caymanian bank | 开曼一家银行发出的五万美金汇款 |
[30:45] | not 12 hours after she signed Cy Durning’s autopsy report. | 就在她签署赛扬·杜宁尸检报告后不到半天 |
[30:50] | You think that account belongs to Eli Kotite? | 你觉得是伊莱·柯泰特的账户转出的 |
[30:52] | I think that, like many slimy bond traders before him, | 我认为他和其他恶心的证券交易员一样 |
[30:55] | he has multiple off-shore accounts in the Caymans. | 在开曼群岛有多个离岸账户 |
[30:58] | And while their laws make the Swiss look like chatterboxes, | 尽管他们的法律让瑞士人满口废话 |
[31:02] | I think I know a way to prove that this one’s his. | 我有办法证明这个就是他的账户 |
[31:07] | You say you’re not waiting for Watson, | 你说自己没在等华生 |
[31:08] | but that is the third time | 但这已经是 |
[31:10] | you’ve checked your watch in the last 30 minutes. | 半小时内你第三次看时间了 |
[31:12] | And now that you’re standing close to me, | 加上你现在离我很近 |
[31:14] | I can tell that your heart is virtually pounding, | 我听得出来你心跳很猛 |
[31:16] | so is something amiss? | 出什么事了吗 |
[31:20] | The truth is, I’ve asked someone to meet me here. | 事实是 我叫了某人来这儿见面 |
[31:24] | That’s why I’ve ordered extra food. | 所以我多点了吃的 |
[31:26] | Who? | 谁 |
[31:28] | Someone I want you to meet. | 我想让你见的一个人 |
[31:30] | Someone important. | 重要的人 |
[31:38] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉迟到了 |
[31:40] | The first Verdammt taxi that came | 来的第一辆破计程车 |
[31:42] | couldn’t accommodate the car seat. | 没法调车座 |
[31:45] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[31:47] | Kitty’s been expecting you. | 凯蒂一直在等你 |
[31:50] | It’s not Margaret I wanted you to meet. | 我想让你见的不是玛格丽特 |
[31:54] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[32:02] | This is Archie, my son. | 这是阿奇 我儿子 |
[32:12] | This, uh… I… | 这…我 |
[32:15] | Sorry, uh… | 抱歉 |
[32:16] | Excuse me one moment. | 失陪 |
[32:26] | Sherlock Holmes. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[32:27] | Mr. Holmes, this is Eli Kotite. | 福尔摩斯先生 我是伊莱·柯泰特 |
[32:30] | Mr. Kotite, would you believe I was just talking about you? | 柯泰特先生 我们正说到你呢 |
[32:35] | I think we should meet again. | 我们该再见一面 |
[32:36] | In person. | 面对面 |
[32:37] | Already in the works, actually. | 我已经在忙这事了 |
[32:39] | In fact, a large contingent of police and I | 我和一大队警察 |
[32:41] | should be knocking on your door at about 9:45 in the morning. | 将在明早九点三刻登门拜访 |
[32:45] | I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[32:47] | The bribe that you wired to the medical examiner in New Jersey | 你从大开曼岛汇给新泽西那位法医的 |
[32:49] | originated in Grand Cayman. | 贿赂金 |
[32:51] | Now, you might be expecting | 你或许指望 |
[32:52] | that corrupt isle to keep your secrets, | 那片腐败的小岛能帮你保守秘密 |
[32:53] | but you forget who my father is, again. | 但你又一次忘记了我父亲的身份 |
[32:56] | When the banks open, the truth will out, | 等到银行开业 真相水落石出 |
[32:57] | and then your fate will be sealed. | 你就逃不掉了 |
[32:59] | The truth is that I had nothing to do with those murders. | 真相就是我和那些凶案没有关系 |
[33:03] | You agree the deaths were not divine providence? | 你同意他们的死亡不是老天安排的了 |
[33:05] | As a matter of fact, I do. | 我确实同意 |
[33:07] | That’s why I’m calling. | 所以我才打给你 |
[33:10] | I think I may even know who’s behind them. | 我觉得我甚至知道是谁干的了 |
[33:12] | Well, then, don’t keep me in suspense. | 那就别卖关子了 |
[33:15] | This line may not be secure. | 这条线路恐怕不安全 |
[33:17] | Can you meet me at the club in 30 minutes? | 你能半小时后到俱乐部见我吗 |
[33:20] | I could, but I’d rather not. | 能是能 但我不想 |
[33:25] | Meet me. | 来见我 |
[33:26] | If I can’t convince you I’m onto something, | 如果我说服不了你 |
[33:28] | you have my word, I’ll answer every question you have, | 我向你保证 我将有问必答 |
[33:33] | without my lawyers present. | 律师不会在场 |
[33:35] | All right, 30 minutes. | 好吧 半小时 |
[33:39] | Sherlock… | 夏洛克 |
[33:41] | I’ll be back, shortly. | 很快回来 |
[33:50] | Glenn? | 格伦 |
[33:53] | Need something, sir? | 有事吗 先生 |
[33:54] | Bring the car around. I’ll meet you downstairs. | 备车 楼下见 |
[34:49] | I don’t think there will be more questions, | 应该没有更多问题了 |
[34:50] | but if any come up, I’ll be in touch. | 但如果有新情况 我会联系你 |
[34:56] | In fact, there should be many more questions. | 还有很多问题 |
[34:58] | Especially regarding the nine millimeter found | 尤其是柯泰特先生身上那只 |
[35:00] | on Mr. Kotite’s person. | 九毫米口径的手枪 |
[35:01] | I get it, okay? You don’t think this was a suicide, but… | 我明白 你认为不是自杀 可是 |
[35:04] | If he wanted to kill himself, | 如果真打算自杀 |
[35:05] | he had a much easier way tucked in his trousers. | 掏枪不是更容易 |
[35:07] | All due respect, I don’t think | 恕我直言 |
[35:08] | there’s any way to prove that shooting yourself | 没有办法证明朝自己开枪 |
[35:10] | is easier than jumping off a building. | 就比跳楼容易 |
[35:12] | Isn’t this just a “Different strokes for different folks” | 这难道不是所谓的 |
[35:14] | kind of deal? | 「因人而异」吗 |
[35:15] | If he really was the architect of three murders | 如果他真是三起凶案的幕后黑手 |
[35:16] | and he killed himself, capital. | 然后又自杀了 那很好 |
[35:19] | But I spoke to him just moments before he died, | 但他死前不久我们还说过话 |
[35:21] | and I’m not convinced. | 我很怀疑 |
[35:22] | He told you the real killer was out there? | 他说真凶还逍遥法外 |
[35:24] | It’s not what he said, it’s how he said it. | 不是他说了什么 而是他说的方式 |
[35:26] | The timbre of his voice was even, | 语气平和 |
[35:28] | the pace was steady, unrushed. | 语速徐徐不急 |
[35:30] | I believe that he believed in his innocence. | 我想他确实坚信自己无辜 |
[35:34] | All right, devil’s advocate here. | 好吧 那我来唱唱反调 |
[35:35] | Killing yourself is a pretty strong indicator | 自杀很能说明 |
[35:37] | of poor mental health. | 不良的精神状况 |
[35:38] | He wanted to meet in person | 他想亲自和你会面 |
[35:39] | because he thought someone might be listening in on the call. | 是因为他觉得或许有人在监听他的电话 |
[35:41] | He’s apparently been carrying a gun in his belt. | 很显然他腰间带了一把枪 |
[35:44] | Agreed, all consistent with clinical paranoia. | 同意 都符合偏执妄想症的临床表征 |
[35:46] | Right, so is it really that crazy to think | 对啊 所以我们认为这家伙 |
[35:48] | that the guy was just having a breakdown? | 只是精神崩溃了的想法就真那么疯狂吗 |
[35:50] | He got his vengeance, | 他如愿完成了复仇 |
[35:51] | and he didn’t want to face the consequences. | 但又不想承担由此带来的后果 |
[35:54] | What am I missing? | 我有漏掉什么吗 |
[35:57] | Look, if you need me, I’ll be at the precinct. | 听着 如果你需要我 我在局里 |
[36:01] | Kitty. | 凯蒂 |
[36:02] | We’re pretty sure we just found our fourth murder | 我们相当确定刚找到了第四起 |
[36:04] | that’s been disguised as something else. | 被精心伪装的谋杀案 |
[36:06] | Marcus and I were just discussing that possibility. | 马库斯和我刚还在讨论这种情况的可能性 |
[36:08] | What did you and Watson find? | 你和华生找到了什么线索 |
[36:10] | It’s what we didn’t find that’s important. | 重点是我们没找到什么 |
[36:11] | It’s raining now, but the balcony’s railing | 现在在下雨 但阳台的金属围栏却覆盖着 |
[36:13] | was covered in this thin layer of soot. | 一层薄薄的烟尘 |
[36:16] | But the thing is, there weren’t any smudges. | 问题是我们却没在他身上找到任何污迹 |
[36:18] | Mr. Kotite is paralyzed from the waist down, | 柯泰特先生下半身瘫痪 |
[36:20] | and his hands are clean. | 而他的手却是干净的 |
[36:21] | I’m assuming the railing is at least three and a half feet high? | 我猜围栏至少有一米高吧 |
[36:24] | Yeah, this one’s nearly four. | 是的 差不多1米2的样子 |
[36:25] | So how did he put himself over without leaving any marks? | 那么他是如何越过围栏却没留下任何痕迹的呢 |
[36:28] | There’s nothing on the balcony he could’ve grabbed hold of. | 阳台上没有其他能让他抓扶的东西了 |
[36:31] | Watson and I are pretty sure that someone threw him off. | 华生和我相当确定是有人把他扔了下去 |
[36:36] | So, summing up, we’re wrong about everything. | 那么 总结一下 我们的猜测全错了 |
[36:39] | Eli Kotite was not the financier | 伊莱·柯泰特并不是三起 |
[36:41] | of three carefully concealed murders, | 精心掩盖的谋杀案的幕后出资人 |
[36:42] | he was next in line. | 他是凶手的下一个目标 |
[36:44] | Maybe the assassin he hired realized | 也许是他雇佣的那位杀手意识到 |
[36:46] | we were onto him and got nervous. | 我们盯上他了 然后慌了手脚 |
[36:48] | Killed Kotite to tie up a loose end. | 杀掉柯泰特是为了绝后患 |
[36:50] | Killers that meticulous, they don’t get nervous. | 手法如此细致的杀手 是不会紧张的 |
[36:52] | And as I said before, | 而且如我之前所说 |
[36:53] | I believe that Kotite was telling the truth | 我相信柯泰特说的那番关于 |
[36:55] | when he said someone else was responsible. | 凶手另有其人的话是实话 |
[36:56] | Shame we didn’t get to show him your sketch. | 可惜我们现在不能把疑犯素描给他看了 |
[36:58] | We could’ve got a name to go with the face. | 我们本来有可能从中得到一个名字的 |
[37:00] | 34,000 police officers scoured the city for this man– | 34000名警官在全市搜捕这个人 |
[37:03] | not a nibble. | 却一无所获 |
[37:03] | Whoever he is, he’s elusive. | 不管他是谁 这个人很难找 |
[37:05] | A mouse in a wall is elusive. | 墙里的老鼠才叫难找 |
[37:06] | This man’s more like a goryo, | 这家伙更像是个出自 |
[37:08] | sprung from Japanese folklore. | 日本民间传说的鬼怪 |
[37:10] | Ghosts? Seriously? | 鬼怪 认真的吗 |
[37:11] | Well, whoever he is, he was able to toss a man off a building | 不管他是谁 他能在不留下挫伤 |
[37:13] | without leaving subdermal bruising, | 自卫伤痕 或者任何皮下伤痕的情况下 |
[37:15] | defensive wounds, or any sign of a hypodermic injection. | 把一个成年男人从楼上扔出去 |
[37:18] | He didn’t leave a trace of himself | 他也没在门厅的安保摄像头里 |
[37:19] | on the lobby security camera either. | 留下任何踪迹 |
[37:21] | And it’s pretty interesting | 而且就在柯泰特从楼上 |
[37:22] | that their system suffered a glitch | 一头栽下去前20分钟 安保系统 |
[37:24] | 20 minutes before Kotite took a header. | 恰巧就出现了故障 这事相当值得推敲 |
[37:27] | Again, I offer the possibility of a killer ghost. | 所以我再提一次这位杀手是鬼怪的可能性 |
[37:29] | Actually, I think whatever happened to | 实际上 我觉得监控视频出的故障 |
[37:30] | that surveillance video is our best clue. | 是我们最好的线索 |
[37:33] | It’s an expensive system, | 那是个很昂贵的系统 |
[37:34] | so whoever knocked out those cameras | 所以不管是谁瘫痪了那些摄像头 |
[37:36] | had to have a certain level of technical sophistication. | 必定是拥有相当程度的技术水平的 |
[37:38] | That’s interesting, | 很有意思 |
[37:39] | but I don’t see how that helps with where to look for a culprit. | 但我看不出这对于寻找一位罪犯有什么帮助 |
[37:51] | I think I’ll start the search in our library. | 我想我会从我们的档案室开始搜索 |
[37:53] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[37:55] | Go. Get her somewhere safe, somewhere off the grid. | 快走 带她去个安全的别人找不到的地方 |
[38:00] | What, you think they’re looking for me? | 怎么 你觉得他们是在找我吗 |
[38:01] | I think that they’re government agents, | 我觉得他们是政府特工 |
[38:02] | and they managed to violate our home | 而且他们在没有触发任何警报的情况下 |
[38:04] | without triggering any of the alarms, | 就设法进入了我们的居所 |
[38:05] | and that suggests a certain level | 这表明了相当程度的 |
[38:07] | of technical sophistication, don’t you? | 技术水平 你说对吗 |
[38:09] | Wait, you think the government is behind everything? | 等等 你觉得这一切的幕后黑手是政府吗 |
[38:11] | There’s a way to find out. | 有一个办法可以弄清楚 |
[38:31] | Who’s in charge here? | 这里谁负责 |
[38:33] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[38:36] | Just the man I’ve been looking for. | 我一直在找你呢 |
[38:39] | I could say the same thing. | 彼此彼此 |
[38:46] | I’m Anson Gephardt. I work for the Defense Intelligence Agency. | 我是安森·格普哈特 国防情报局的 |
[38:49] | I’m here to place you under arrest. | 我是来逮捕你的 |
[38:51] | On what grounds? | 什么罪名 |
[38:53] | All will be made clear, Mr. Holmes. | 都会告诉你的 福尔摩斯先生 |
[38:55] | Just do yourself a favor, don’t resist. | 帮你自己一个忙 别反抗 |