Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

基本演绎法(Elementary)第5季第4集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 10, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 基本演绎法(Elementary)第5季第4集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:06] You got about ten seconds to reach a point with this 你有十秒钟解释清楚这些
[00:09] before this water ends up on your head. 否则这水就要扣你头上了
[00:11] Describe the image I just put on the cabinet over there. 描述一下我刚放在柜子上的图
[00:13] And I’m not allowed to move? 而我不能动吗
[00:15] You can, but remember 你可以动 但是记住
[00:16] Mr. Enriquez specifically stated 恩奎斯先生特别说了
[00:18] that he was walking the punch bowl to the band shell, 他当时端着酒钵走向演奏台
[00:20] about to set it thereupon, 就在他要放下时
[00:22] at the moment he heard the gunshots. 他听到了枪声
[00:23] Also remember there was no evidence of spilled sangria– 另外记住 地上没有洒出来的酒
[00:26] as would happen if someone in your position abruptly turned– 如果有人像你这样 突然转身
[00:29] found at the scene. 现场就该有洒出来的酒
[00:32] There’s no way Enriquez saw the shooter. 恩奎斯不可能看见开枪的人
[00:34] His statement’s a lie. 他的证词是假的
[00:35] Think he’s covering for someone? 觉得他是在替谁打掩护吗
[00:37] If by “someone” you mean “himself.” 如果你说的「谁」是指他自己的话
[00:39] In the course of your investigation you discovered 在你调查的过程中 你发现
[00:41] that the victim was a wanted wildlife trafficker. 被害人是个被通缉的野生动物贩子
[00:43] Wanted, most notably, for smuggling 特别是被通缉的原因 是从厄瓜多尔
[00:45] rare Galápagos iguanas out of Ecuador. 走私珍稀动物加拉帕戈斯鬣蜥
[00:47] Mr. Enriquez is from Ecuador. 恩奎斯先生就来自厄瓜多尔
[00:50] And in these photographs, from the day of the murder, 在这些案发当天的照片中
[00:53] I saw multiple scars on his arms 我看到他手臂上有多处伤痕
[00:55] consistent with those of Galápagos iguana bites. 符合加拉帕戈斯鬣蜥的咬痕
[00:58] Trust me when I say I know of what I speak. 相信我 我知道自己在说什么
[01:01] You think this was some kind of business dispute? 你认为这是某种生意上的争执
[01:04] I think that in light of Mr. Enriquez’s false statement 我认为鉴于恩奎斯先生的假供词
[01:05] he’s worth a second look. 值得再查查他
[01:12] A poop emoji? 一个便便的表情
[01:14] Oh, I thought it was ice cream. 我还以为是冰淇凌
[01:21] That’s Deputy Chief Prosky, isn’t it? 那是普罗斯基副局长吧
[01:24] That’s him. 是他
[01:25] He’s the captain’s boss, isn’t he? 他是警监的上司吧
[01:26] Is there a… Problem? 有什么问题吗
[01:28] Technically, he’s the captain’s boss’ boss, 严格说来 他是警监的上司的上司
[01:31] which means he’s my boss’ boss’ boss, 也就是我上司的上司的上司
[01:33] which means I’m gonna mind my own business. 也就意味着我决定不多管闲事
[01:36] But thanks, now that I know you think something’s wrong, 但多谢了 现在我知道你觉得有地方不对
[01:39] I’m gonna be worrying, too. I’m gonna go spill this out. 我也会开始担心了 我去把这个倒了
[01:43] You should take down your “ice cream” before Prosky sees it. 你最好在普罗斯基看到前 拿走你的「冰淇凌」
[01:53] No, no, no, no, I’m not calming down! 不不不 我不要冷静
[01:56] Our place is trashed! 我们的地方被毁了
[01:57] Len, keep your voice down. Let her talk. 伦恩 声音小点 让她说
[01:59] We’ll take care of everything, I promise. 我们会处理所有的事 我保证
[02:01] It’s in your contract. 合同里都写了
[02:02] I told you we did not need renters, okay? 我说过我们不需要房客
[02:03] We should have paid for a house sitter. 我们花钱是找人看家的
[02:05] AwayKay carries insurance for just such situations. 空房乐租为这种情况上了保险
[02:08] Guests we paired you with did all this damage, 我们介绍的客人造成了这些损害
[02:11] – so we’ll cover all the costs. – Oh, really? -因此我们会负责全部赔偿 -真的吗
[02:13] You see this rug? It’s an antique. 看见这地毯没 这是古董
[02:15] Are they gonna give me 50 grand for it? 他们会为它赔我五万美金吗
[02:16] No, that’s what I thought. Look, I’m calling the cops, 不会 我也是这么想的 我要报警了
[02:18] because this is vandalism. 这是肆意破坏他人财产
[02:20] AwayKaying is against the co-op charter. They could throw us out. 空房乐租和公司章程冲突 咱们会被开除
[02:22] – And you knew that? – It was 11 grand a month, Len. -你早就知道 -房租每月过万啊 伦恩
[02:26] Now, what the hell? 什么东西
[02:29] What the hell is this, a fireplace poker or something? 这是什么鬼 壁炉棍子 还是什么
[02:31] What were they doing in here? 他们在这里干了什么
[02:32] Wait, before you pull that out, 等等 在你把那东西拿出来前
[02:34] let me get a photo for the insurance. 先让我拍照张相以便保险索赔
[02:35] That’s in there pretty tight. 还挺牢
[02:37] Len, will you stop it? 伦恩 你够了吧
[02:38] You’re gonna break the wall. Now, honey, could you get my tools? -墙要碎了 -亲爱的 能帮我拿工具吗
[02:41] What is in there? 那里面到底有什么啊
[02:43] You’re not getting that out of the wall, so… 你不能把它拔出墙 所以…
[02:46] Len, stop it! 伦恩 住手
[02:49] Stop it, please. 住手 求你了
[03:35] Pretty sure we solved all those cases. 我很确定那些案子都解决了
[03:37] You are right, we did. 没错 是解决了
[03:39] So, why the trip down memory lane? 所以这往事重温是什么意思
[03:42] Last night while I was at the precinct I observed the captain 昨晚我在局里的时候 我发现警监
[03:44] in a closed-door meeting with a superior officer. 跟他的上司在关着门开会
[03:47] I could see they were reviewing a number of closed cases. 我看到他们在重新过一些结案的案子
[03:50] I checked the file room to see which files had been pulled, 我去档案室查了下被取出的档案
[03:52] and voilà– our cases. 看看 是咱们的案子
[03:55] Or, rather, a curious number of them. 或者说 是不少咱们的案子
[03:58] Okay. 好吧
[03:59] I’m attempting to determine 我很想知道
[04:01] why they were looking at these particular files 他们为什么在看这些档案
[04:03] and what they were discussing. 以及他们在讨论什么
[04:04] Are we in hot water again? Has Internal Affairs 咱们又遇上麻烦了吗 还是内务部
[04:07] turned its Orwellian eye on us once more? 再一次把它严格的目光投向了我们
[04:10] So what if they have? 如果真是如此呢
[04:11] We’ve weathered the storm before. 咱们以前经历过这种事
[04:13] It’s not like we’ve broken any rules lately. 我们最近又没有违反什么规定
[04:15] – Well, any more than usual. – It’s true. -没比以往违规的次数多 -确实如此
[04:17] But wouldn’t you rather know what kind of attack 但你难道不想知道我们遇上了什么
[04:18] we have to defend ourselves against? 需要自己抵挡的攻击吗
[04:20] It could also be nothing. 也可能什么事都没有
[04:22] How could it be nothing? 怎么可能没事
[04:23] Just because those weren’t in the file room 它们不在档案室
[04:25] doesn’t mean that they’re the ones that they’re looking at. 并不意味着警监他们看的就是这些
[04:28] And whatever it is, the captain’s got our back. 不管怎么回事 警监会支持我们
[04:30] So if it’s something he thinks that we need to know, 如果这事他觉得咱们该知道
[04:33] he’ll tell us. 他会告诉咱们
[04:34] I’m gonna make some breakfast. Do you want anything? 我要做早饭了 你吃什么吗
[04:37] It’s Marcus. 是马库斯
[04:38] Hello? 喂
[04:41] Yes, we’ll be right there. 好的 我们马上过去
[04:42] Well, at least we know we haven’t been benched just yet. 起码我们刚知道了 我们还没被禁用
[04:45] Make it breakfast to go, Watson. 做点能带在路上吃的早餐吧 华生
[04:53] Victim’s name is Russell Cole. 被害人叫罗素·科尔
[04:55] He owned this apartment. Super found him. 这间公寓是他的 临时工发现的他
[04:58] Mr. Cole worked for Barrett White Capital, 科尔先生在巴瑞特·怀特公司工作
[05:00] an investment firm. 一家投资公司
[05:01] He was a quant– quantitative analyst. Deep math guy. 他是一位定量分析师 搞数学的
[05:05] They use complicated formulas to analyze companies 他们用复杂的公式分析公司
[05:07] and then make investment recommendations. 然后作出投资建议
[05:11] No sign of forced entry. 没有闯入痕迹
[05:12] Looks like there was a struggle, though. 但是看起来有过打斗
[05:15] So, no one saw or heard anything. 所以没人看到或听到什么
[05:17] Well, the folks next door had some noisy AwayKayers. 隔壁的人把房子租给了吵闹的空房租客
[05:20] They’d moved on, 他们搬走了
[05:20] but the other neighbors didn’t know that, 但其他邻居不知道
[05:22] so a few extra crashes and bangs were just ignored. 所以额外的打砸声被忽略了
[05:25] Plus everyone thought Cole was out of town. 再说所有人都以为科尔出城了
[05:27] They said they hadn’t seen him in weeks. 他们说已经几周没见过他了
[05:29] Overnight bag by the door is full of clothes. 门口的行李包里都是衣服
[05:31] He must have just come home. 他肯定是刚回家
[05:33] Anyway, nobody shows up planning to commit a murder 不管怎样 不会有人计划用壁炉火钩
[05:36] with a fireplace poker, 实施谋杀的
[05:37] so I’m thinking this wasn’t premeditated. 所以我觉得这不是预谋好的
[05:40] Cole let the person in, 科尔让这个人进了门
[05:41] so maybe they knew each other and for whatever reason, 也许他们互相认识 出于一些原因
[05:44] things turned ugly. 情况失控了
[05:45] You’re incorrect. 你错了
[05:48] About it not being premeditated. 关于没有预谋这点
[05:52] The killer came armed with this. 凶手是带着这个来的
[05:56] It’s a textured grip, so it might be hard to get prints, 枪把手有纹理 也许很难提取指纹
[05:58] but it’s worth a try. 但值得一试
[06:00] Magazine isn’t seated properly. 弹夹没有上好
[06:02] That weapon would have failed to fire. 凶器可能是没能开火
[06:06] Well, how’d you know to look under there? 你怎么知道要看那下面
[06:08] As you said, no one plans to commit a murder this way, 如你所说 没人会计划这样实施谋杀
[06:10] and yet the specificity of the crime suggests it was planned. 但犯罪的明确性表示这就是计划好的
[06:13] And that raises another possible scenario: 这就提出了另一种可能性
[06:15] the killer came better armed. 凶手是带着凶器来的
[06:17] A fight ensued, he or she was disarmed 发生打斗之后 他或她被缴械了
[06:20] before grabbing the poker to finish the job. 然后拿起火钳完成了谋杀
[06:23] What specificity? 什么明确性
[06:24] Timing of the attack. 袭击发生的时间
[06:26] Just as Mr. Cole gets home. 就在科尔先生回家的时候
[06:28] Plus the fact that, by appearances, 再加上看起来唯一失踪的东西
[06:30] the only other thing missing is his laptop. 就是他的笔记本电脑
[06:34] This bag is dusty, bleached by the sun, 这个包上都是灰 被太阳晒褪色了
[06:37] apart from this area here. 除了这个区域
[06:39] Now, this bag comes with a removable laptop sleeve. 这个包有一个装可移动电脑的兜
[06:42] It sits right there. So, if his laptop is missing, 就在这里 所以如果电脑不见了
[06:45] perhaps the killer has it. 也许是被凶手拿走了
[06:47] Well, we haven’t found it yet. 我们还没找到它
[06:51] Captain wants me to stop by for a word, 警监想让我过去聊几句
[06:53] as one does when one wants to discuss nothing. 通常一个人如果没什么要讨论的就会这么说
[06:57] Cole was a Wall Street analyst. 科尔是华尔街的分析师
[06:59] His laptop could have contained a lot of things worth killing over– 他电脑里可能有很多值得杀人的东西
[07:01] insider information, proof of a financial crime. 内部信息 金融犯罪的证据
[07:04] Well, you go talk to the captain, 你去跟警监谈
[07:06] we’ll go to Cole’s office, 我们去科尔的办公室
[07:07] see if we can find out what he was working on. 看看能不能查出他在做什么
[07:10] Oh, my God. 我的天啊
[07:14] This is horrible. 这太可怕了
[07:16] Were you and Mr. Cole close? 你跟科尔先生很熟吗
[07:18] Oh, Russell didn’t just work for me. 罗素不光是为我工作
[07:21] He was family. 他如同我的家人
[07:22] He started here right out of school. 他一毕业就来这里工作了
[07:24] Can you think of any reason 你能想到任何
[07:26] someone might have wanted to kill him? 会让人想杀他的原因吗
[07:28] I… I mean, people get angry at us all the time. 人们经常会对我们不满
[07:31] Threaten us. 威胁我们
[07:32] We give a company a poor rating, millions of dollars disappear. 如果我们给一家公司评级很低 数百万就没了
[07:36] But… nothing like this. 但没有这样的情况
[07:38] Was there anything that Russell was working on in particular 罗素最近的工作有没有什么特殊的
[07:40] that might have aroused threats? 可能会让他受到威胁
[07:42] I’m sorry, you seem pretty sure he was killed because of work. 抱歉 你们看起来很肯定他是因工作而死
[07:45] Is there a reason? 有理由吗
[07:47] We think a laptop was taken from his apartment. 我们觉得他的电脑被人拿走了
[07:49] Could be whatever he had on it 也许电脑里的东西
[07:51] is what the person was after. 就是凶手的目的
[07:53] Well, the truth is 其实
[07:54] I have no idea what he was working on. 我完全不知道他在做什么
[07:56] Russell specialized in tech, medicine, I.T., aerospace, 罗素的专长是科技 医药 信息技术 航空
[08:01] but as to what he was into at any given moment, I… 但关于他目前在做什么 我…
[08:07] He was my mad genius. 他是我的疯狂天才
[08:09] He’d beat the bushes on his own, 他会独自披荆斩棘
[08:10] look for opportunities no one else saw. 寻求其他人看不到的机会
[08:12] Go off somewhere private, 去隐秘的地方
[08:14] deep dive into a company’s numbers. 深入挖掘一家公司的数据
[08:16] I gave him a long leash 我给他很大的权限
[08:18] because he always came back with gold. 因为他总能带回金子
[08:20] Was he on one of these deep dives the last few weeks? 他前几周是不是去挖掘数据了
[08:23] His neighbors said he hadn’t been home. 他的邻居说他一直不在家
[08:26] Any idea where he went? 你知道他去哪了吗
[08:28] No clue. 不知道
[08:31] Oh. My wife is gonna be devastated. 我妻子一定会很伤心
[08:34] Is that her? 那是她吗
[08:36] Laurie. She won a trip to Maui in some charity thing. 劳丽 她在某个慈善活动中赢了毛伊岛之旅
[08:40] She took a girlfriend. 她带了一个女性朋友去
[08:41] I want to help any way I can. What do you need? 我想尽我所能帮忙 你们需要什么
[08:44] Well, we’d like to go through Mr. Cole’s office, 我们想检查一下科尔先生的办公室
[08:46] see if can figure out what he’s been working on. 看看能不能查出他在做什么
[08:48] We’d also like access to his e-mails and correspondence 我们还想看看他的电子邮件和信件
[08:51] so we could look for any threats. 看看有没有人威胁他
[08:53] I’ll walk you over there myself. 我亲自带你们过去
[08:59] Come in. 进来
[09:01] Sit down. 坐吧
[09:04] Should I be concerned? 我该担心吗
[09:05] Relax. I had a hunch you picked up a vibe last night 放松 我觉得你昨晚肯定察觉到了
[09:09] and I didn’t want you in your head about it. 我不希望你一直乱想
[09:10] The meeting that you saw– it wasn’t, uh, what you think. 你昨晚看到的会面 不是你想的那样
[09:14] Well, I haven’t decided what I think, but go on. 我还没决定好该怎么想 但请继续
[09:17] Did you ever hear of, uh, Medal Day? 你听说过表彰日吗
[09:20] Annual NYPD tradition. 纽约警局的年度传统
[09:22] The, uh, mayor and the police commissioner give out medals 市长和警长为英勇杰出的警官
[09:24] to officers for valor, distinguished service. 颁发奖章
[09:26] Not to mention purple shields 还会给因公负伤的警察
[09:27] for those injured in the line of duty. 颁发紫盾
[09:29] They also give out something called a unit citation 他们还会给做出模范工作的小队
[09:32] to squads that have done exemplary work, 颁发一种叫小组嘉奖的东西
[09:34] and this year they’re giving one out to Major Case. 今年他们准备给重案组一个名额
[09:39] The ceremony’s in a few days. 典礼过几天举行
[09:40] Well, that’s well deserved. Congratulations. 这是你们应得的 恭喜
[09:43] I wasn’t gonna say anything to you and Joan 我没有告诉你和乔恩
[09:44] because it still might not happen, 是因为这事还不确定
[09:46] but civilian employees are included in the award, 但平民顾问是包括在奖项里的
[09:50] and I want your names on the list. 我想把你们的名字也放到名单里
[09:53] It isn’t money or anything, 没有钱什么的
[09:55] you’d just be part of the department’s official record 你只是会被写入警局的官方记录
[09:57] and you’d each get a certificate. 然后每人获得一个奖状
[09:59] Something to hang on the wall. 可以用来装饰墙壁
[10:01] I see. 我知道了
[10:02] I have been getting some resistance. 我受到了一些阻力
[10:06] I thought you should know about it. 我想应该告诉你
[10:13] Mrs. Barrett. 巴瑞特夫人
[10:16] I don’t mean to startle you. I’m Joan Watson. 我无意惊吓您 我是乔恩·华生
[10:17] I work with the police. 我是警方的顾问
[10:19] I’m investigating the murder of Russell Cole. 我在调查罗素·科尔谋杀案
[10:23] Yes, my husband told me. 是的 我丈夫告诉我了
[10:25] Your husband has a photo in his office of you at a luau. 你丈夫办公室有张你在烤猪野宴上的照片
[10:29] I noticed there was something blocking the lens in one corner. 我注意到镜头一角被什么东西挡住了
[10:33] I had an idea what it was, so I looked into it. 我大概知道那是什么 所以我查了查
[10:35] That picture was taken on Russell’s phone. 照片是用罗素的手机拍的
[10:37] His case was broken, 他的手机壳裂了
[10:38] and a piece of plastic was sticking out over the camera. 塑料碎片凸出来挡住了镜头
[10:42] Police thought it had been damaged during the murder. 警方本以为那是在谋杀过程中被摔裂的
[10:44] But then I remembered seeing a picture at his place 但我记起在他家里看到一张照片
[10:47] with the same obstruction. 上面有着同样的异物
[10:50] So the case had been broken for some time. 所以那手机壳已经裂了一段时间了
[10:52] Russell was the friend you took to Maui. 罗素就是你带去毛伊岛的那个朋友
[10:54] You were having an affair. 你们俩有婚外情
[10:55] And considering your husband has a memento from the trip, 而鉴于你丈夫还留着旅行的纪念品
[10:58] I’m guessing he doesn’t know. 我猜他还不知道
[10:59] No, he-he doesn’t. 对 他不知道
[11:01] And I swear, I had nothing to do with what happened to Russell. 我发誓 罗素的事和我没关系
[11:05] I’m a wreck about it. 我非常伤心
[11:07] Right now you’re not a suspect. 目前你并不是嫌疑人
[11:08] But I need some information from you 但我需要你提供些信息
[11:11] We’re trying to find out 我们正在试图找出
[11:12] where Russell had been staying the last few weeks. 罗素最近几周待在了哪里
[11:14] Police checked his car and his credit cards. 警察检查了他的车和他的信用卡
[11:16] They’re pretty sure that he didn’t drive too far outside the city. 他们确定他没有开车出城太远
[11:19] Now, you went all the way to Maui with him. 你和他去过毛伊岛
[11:21] So I thought maybe he’d taken you to the place 所以我想也许他带你去过他
[11:23] where he does his deep dives. 做深挖数据的地方
[11:27] He has a… 他有一个…
[11:28] a cabin near Bear Mountain. 小屋 在熊山附近
[11:31] It’s about an hour upstate. 往北部一小时的路程
[11:38] Copious amounts of poison ivy around. 这周围有大量的毒藤
[11:41] Watch your step. 看着点路
[11:42] How’d you get here before us? 你是怎么比我们先到的
[11:44] You’ll recall I know the owner of a helicopter company. 你应该记得我认识一家直升飞机公司的老板
[11:46] There was one going this way. 有一架要飞向这边
[11:48] I hitched a ride. 我就搭了个顺风机
[11:49] – You been inside? – No. -你进去过了吗 -没有
[11:51] I just got here a short while ago. 我刚到这里没多久
[11:53] Plenty to keep me occupied out here. 这里吸引我关注的东西挺多的
[11:56] So, only one vehicle has left recent tire tracks. 那么 只有一辆车最近留下了轮胎印
[11:59] The tread matches that of Russell Cole’s. 胎面与罗素·科尔的吻合
[12:01] And, likewise, the only recent footprints are his. 同样的 最近的足迹也是他的
[12:04] So he was here, and he didn’t have any visitors. 所以他的确来过这里 并且他没有访客
[12:07] Guess he didn’t like mixing business with pleasure. 看来他不想把生意和享乐混在一起
[12:09] I mean, besides sleeping with the boss’ wife. 我是说 除了睡老板的老婆
[12:31] I’m no expert, but this doesn’t look financial. 我不是专家 但这看起来不是金融资料
[12:34] More like science. 更像是科学
[12:36] Stuff about masses and radii 是关于质量和半径
[12:39] and reflection coefficients. 还有反射系数的
[12:41] You’re right. 你说得对
[12:43] These are physics equations. 这些是物理公式
[12:45] Astronomy, to be exact. 其实是天文学
[12:54] Okay, so Cole was up here stargazing. 好吧 所以科尔是来这里看星星的
[12:56] What does any of this have to do with Wall Street? 这些和华尔街有什么关系
[12:59] That’s difficult to say. 很难说
[13:01] But I do think I understand what he was killed over. 但我想我知道他是为什么被杀的了
[13:04] Nothing less than the fate of life on Earth. 没什么比地球上生命的未来更重要
[13:13] So, all these dots are asteroids? 所以 这些点都是小行星
[13:17] An approximation of them, yes. 它们的近似点 没错
[13:18] Not all asteroids in existence, of course. 当然 不是所有现存的小行星
[13:20] Obviously, there are hundreds of millions of those. 显然的 它们数以万亿计
[13:22] These are the 5,000 or so 这里有五千个左右
[13:24] that NASA has deemed potentially hazardous, 是航天局定性为有危险性的
[13:26] those whose orbits intersect with the Earth’s 它们的轨道和地球的轨道相交
[13:29] and therefore pose a threat of cataclysmic collision. 因此有着导致大灾难的可能性
[13:32] Such a collision wiped out the dinosaurs, 同样的碰撞曾灭绝了恐龙
[13:34] along with most other life at the time. 以及同时期大部分其他生物
[13:36] Any one of these dots could represent the next such event, 这里任何一个点都能导致那样的事件
[13:39] which would be the last event in human history. 也将是人类历史上最后一个事件
[13:42] But there are only 5,000 of them, 但那里只有五千个
[13:44] so that’s reassuring. 还挺让人「放心」的
[13:46] Emphasis on “potentially” hazardous. 重点在于「可能」的大灾难
[13:48] But brace yourself, because that existential knot of terror 但是坐稳了 因为你肚子里感觉到的
[13:51] you’re feeling in your stomach is about to grow tighter. 那股存在主义恐惧感将会更加强烈
[13:53] A week ago, Cole submitted a paper to a science blog, 一星期前 科尔提了篇论文给个科学博客
[13:56] saying that he believed the whole way 说他相信我们看待
[13:58] we’re looking for asteroids is wrong. 小行星的方式是错的
[14:00] “Miscalculating Near-Earth Asteroids 「对近地球小行星的错误计算
[14:02] and the Threat to Human Existence”? 以及人类灭亡危机」
[14:04] He wrote that scientists have detected thousands of 他写到科学家在过去几年
[14:06] new asteroids in the last few years. 发现了上千个新的小行星
[14:09] But according to him, 但据他说
[14:10] our measurements of their sizes are useless. 我们对它们大小的测量完全错误
[14:12] And when it comes to protecting the human race 当涉及到保护人类种族
[14:14] from an extinction-level impact, obviously size matters. 不被大冲撞毁灭 显然大小很重要
[14:17] It’s not just enough to know that an asteroid is there. 只知道小行星在那是不够的
[14:20] We need to know which ones are the big ones. 我们还需要知道哪一个是大个的
[14:22] So that, what, Bruce Willis can go nuke it? 然后呢 叫布鲁斯·威利斯去炸了吗
[14:25] Surprisingly, yes. We’ve been reading up 出奇的 没错 我们今天看到了
[14:27] on this stuff today– there are proposals in the works 这篇文章 有份请求中的提案
[14:30] to send rockets to asteroids, 想送火箭上小行星
[14:32] to nudge them or even blow them up. 去推动甚至炸掉它们
[14:34] So was Cole right? 那科尔说得对吗
[14:35] Are we measuring them wrong? 测量方法真的不正确吗
[14:37] No idea. 不知道
[14:38] Do we have any idea why a Wall Street guy 我们知道这个在华尔街工作的人
[14:41] was studying this stuff in the first place? 为什么要研究这事吗
[14:43] – We don’t. – So where does all this put us? -不知道 -那我们现在有什么结论
[14:46] Sounds like you’re not even sure this is what got him killed, 你们好像都不确定他是因为这事被杀的
[14:48] let alone why. 更不用说具体原因了
[14:50] The technical minutiae of the paper are beyond my expertise. 论文里的技术细节超出了我的知识范围
[14:53] I’m at something of a loss. 我有些看不懂
[14:55] – But…? – Well, there’s an expert -但是 -有个这方面的专家
[14:57] in the field I consult from time to time. 我有时会向他请教
[14:59] But doing so is never really my first choice. 不过这一般不是我的首选项
[15:02] Well, I’m gonna make it easy for you. Do it. 那我帮你做决定 去找他
[15:04] And not just to solve this murder. 而且这不光是为了破谋杀案
[15:06] If the world is coming to an end, 如果世界真要灭亡了
[15:09] I want to know about it. 我想提前知道
[15:12] 纽约科学中心 朱利斯·肯特 宇宙大使
[15:13] We scientists estimate that our universe 科学家估计我们的宇宙
[15:15] is 14 billion years old. 已经有一百四十亿年了
[15:18] Ever wonder how we know? 想知道我们是怎么估计的吗
[15:20] Actually, in a number of ways. 其实 有很多方法
[15:22] One of them is by measuring the radiation that’s left over… 其中一种方法是测量残余的辐射
[15:25] Julius Kent, Ambassador to the Cosmos. 朱利斯·肯特 宇宙大使
[15:27] 纽约科学中心 朱利斯·肯特 宇宙大使
[15:27] – He’s on TV all the time. He’s famous. – Yep. -他经常上电视 是个名人 -是的
[15:29] Celebrity astronomer. Because apparently the world 著名的天文学家 因为很显然
[15:31] needs science explained to it with jazz hands. 人们需要用通俗的话来理解科学
[15:35] We were at boarding school together. 我们以前是寄宿学校的同学
[15:37] He was every bit the blowhard then that he is now. 他当时和现在一样很能吹
[15:39] Ten years ago, he helped me time a break-in to coincide 十年前 他帮我计算了太阳耀斑的时间
[15:41] with a solar flare. 好让我闯入到一个地方
[15:43] The radio interference enabled me to avoid detection. 无线电干扰可以使探测器探测不到我
[15:45] – It was good. – So why didn’t you want to call him? -干得很漂亮 -那你为什么不愿意找他
[15:48] Because every time I ask for his help, he gloats. 因为每次找他帮忙 他都会沾沾自喜
[15:50] Oh, how did that conversation with Gregson go? 对了 跟格雷森谈得怎么样
[15:52] – Are we fired again? – The opposite, of sorts. -我们又被开除了吗 -恰恰相反
[15:55] The Major Case Squad is receiving a commendation, 重案组要获得嘉奖
[15:57] and he’s lobbying to have us included. 他在努力把我们也加入到名单中
[16:00] Thanks to our habit of keeping our names out 由于我们有习惯不把名字留在官方报告中
[16:01] of official reports, or at least minimizing our roles, 即使有也把我们的贡献说得很小
[16:04] he’s having trouble convincing the honor committee. 所以他很难说服荣誉委员会的人
[16:07] Well, however it goes down, 无论结果怎样
[16:09] it’s nice that he’s sticking his neck out for us. 他愿意替我们出头就很让人感动
[16:11] I’d rather he didn’t. 我倒是希望他没这么做
[16:12] I eschew such recognition, Watson. You know that. 你知道我不喜欢这种嘉奖 华生
[16:16] I’ve reminded the captain of such, but he’s persisting. 我跟警监说了 可他不听
[16:18] – So I initiated other steps. – Other steps? -所以我就用了其他方法 -其他方法
[16:21] You know what you could do? You could just say thank you, 你知道还能怎么做吗 你可以说声谢谢就好
[16:23] like a normal human being. 正常人都会这么做
[16:25] Sherlock. 夏洛克
[16:27] And this must be Joan. 这位一定就是乔恩了
[16:29] It’s a pleasure. Sherlock never said 很荣幸见到你 夏洛克从没说过
[16:30] that you two knew each other. 你们俩是朋友
[16:32] Yes. I’m not surprised. 是的 我不感到意外
[16:33] My very existence seems to embarrass him. 认识我好像让他很掉价似的
[16:36] You know, if it weren’t for me, our friend Sherlock 要是没有我的话 我们的这位朋友
[16:38] would still think that the Sun revolves around the Earth. 还以为太阳是绕着地球转呢
[16:40] I was eight when I made that mistake. 我犯这个错的时候才八岁
[16:41] You chose to wear that vest this morning. 可你竟然到现在还在穿这种马甲
[16:44] It was a gift from a fan. 这是粉丝送的
[16:46] How could I resist? 我怎么能拒绝呢
[16:47] With self-respect. 你有自尊啊
[16:49] So, Russell Cole and his Asteroid Admonition. 罗素·科尔和他的小行星警告
[16:53] Sherlock said that you were already aware of his paper? 夏洛克说你已经看过他的论文了
[16:56] It made quite a splash in my circles. 在我们的圈子了激起了不小的风波
[16:57] Come, I’ll explain it to you. 来吧 我解释给你们听
[17:00] In layman’s terms, of course. 当然了 用大白话
[17:08] So, in a nutshell, 简单来说
[17:10] asteroids are warmed by the Sun. 小行星是由太阳提供热量的
[17:14] They’re very hard to see by conventional means, 用常规方法我们很难观察它们
[17:16] so instead we look for their heat, using infrared. 所以我们通过红外线来寻找它们的热量
[17:19] And, theoretically, we can tell the difference 理论上来说 我们可以分辨出
[17:21] between a large warm object and a small one, 大小不同的热物体
[17:24] i.e., the size of the asteroid. 也就是小行星的大小
[17:26] Makes sense so far. 目前还能听懂
[17:27] But according to Russell Cole, 但是根据罗素·科尔的说法
[17:29] this fails to take into account what the asteroids 这种方法是无效的 因为没有考虑组成
[17:30] are actually made of. Some are mostly carbon, 小行星的物质成分 主要是碳
[17:33] others more iron, many even contain platinum and gold. 还有铁 甚至还含有铂和金
[17:36] Which means that some asteroids have dull, dark surfaces 也就是说有的小行星外表是暗的
[17:40] and others have light, shiny ones. 而另一些是亮的
[17:43] And I’m sure even Sherlock can tell us 我相信就连夏洛克都能
[17:45] the effect that that would have. 说出这会有什么影响
[17:47] Dark surfaces get hotter than light ones. 深色的表面会吸收更多的热量
[17:49] Which, if Cole is right, 所以 如果他是正确的
[17:51] means that we’ve been seeing asteroid sizes all wrong. 也就意味着我们测量小行星大小的方法全错了
[17:54] Was he right? 那他正确吗
[17:55] No one knows. 没人知道
[17:57] Cole was a fine mathematician, 科尔是个优秀的数学家
[17:58] but astrophysics wasn’t really his field. 但天体物理学不是他的专业
[18:01] His paper was rife with errors 他的论文里有很多错误
[18:02] and incomplete work. 而且有些工作还没完成
[18:04] It’ll take the community months to reach a consensus. 我们圈子要花几个月的时间才能得出结论
[18:06] I’ll help, of course. 当然 我会提供帮助
[18:08] The world will sleep easier. 这世界可以放心点了
[18:10] Cole mentioned in his paper that he was working on a solution. 科尔在论文里说他正在研究一个解决方案
[18:13] Can you think of anyone who would want to stop him? 你能想出有什么人想要阻止他吗
[18:16] Well, naturally. Anyone whose livelihood depends on 很容易啊 那些依靠用现有方法
[18:18] the current methods of determining asteroid size. 测量小行星大小吃饭的人
[18:21] Because of Cole’s paper, 因为科尔的论文
[18:22] NASA’s already shelved one proposal. 美国宇航局已经搁置了一项提案
[18:24] An orbiting infrared telescope called Piazzi. 一个名为皮亚齐的绕轨道运行的红外线望远镜
[18:27] And much of the equipment would have been bought 而许多小设备会从
[18:28] from small private companies. 小型私人公司那里采购
[18:30] Those companies have just lost their prime source of income. 这些公司会失去他们的主要收入来源
[18:33] Maybe someone associated with them killed Cole in anger. 可能跟他们有关系的人很生气 杀了科尔
[18:36] So how much money are we talking about? 这项目会涉及多少钱
[18:37] The total budget for Piazzi? 皮亚齐项目的总共预算吗
[18:40] Around $500 million. 大约五亿美元
[18:44] You really thought the Sun revolved around the Earth? 你以前真的以为太阳绕着地球转吗
[18:46] I was eight. 我当时才八岁
[18:48] It’s Marcus. 是马库斯
[18:50] Hey. We’re both here. 我们都在
[18:51] Just got a message about a call that came in. 刚看到留言说有一通电话
[18:54] A waitress up in New City recognized Cole on the news. 新城餐馆的一名女服务生在新闻里认出了科尔
[18:56] Said he was in her diner a bunch of times 说他在过去的几周
[18:58] over the last few weeks. 去了她的餐馆几次
[19:00] That’s a long drive from his cabin for coffee, no? 从他的小屋过去喝咖啡也太远了吧
[19:03] It’s halfway between here and Bear Mountain. 在这里和熊山的中间
[19:04] Maybe he was meeting someone? 或许他去见什么人
[19:06] That’s as good a guess as any. 也只能这么怀疑了
[19:07] All she told the detective who talked to her 她跟接电话的警探说
[19:09] was she thought Cole behaved strangely. 她觉得科尔举止很奇怪
[19:11] I figure it’s worth a drive to check it out. 我觉得有必要开车去看看
[19:13] Watson will join you presently. 华生马上跟你一起去
[19:16] – Just me? – A waitress who may -只有我吗 -一个可能看到了
[19:18] have seen Cole leave his cabin for meals– 科尔离开小屋去吃饭的女服务员
[19:19] both of us checking that out seems a little excessive. 我俩都去可能有点多余
[19:22] Thanks to Julius, we now have a concrete theory of motive. 由于朱利斯 我们现在有了确凿的动机
[19:24] A dozen companies lost millions upon the death of Piazzi. 皮亚齐项目流产导致了很多公司亏损百万
[19:28] One of us should stay behind and start combing through them. 我们中的一个应该留下来调查这些公司
[19:30] You could work in the car, you know. 你可以在车里工作的
[19:31] I also have an appointment to keep here in the city. 我在城里还有件事要办
[19:37] That’s him. 就是他
[19:38] Came in once every two or three days, 每两三天就来一次
[19:40] always right between lunch and dinner. 总在午餐和晚餐之间
[19:42] Did you ever see him meet with anyone while he was here? 你有见过他在这里见什么人吗
[19:44] He always ate alone, didn’t talk to anyone. 他总是一个人吃饭 没跟别人说过话
[19:46] When you called, you mentioned some kind of strange behavior. 你打来的时候说有些奇怪的行为
[19:49] Can you tell us what you meant? 能说说是什么意思吗
[19:50] It might be nothing. 可能没什么
[19:52] But I saw he was murdered. 但我看新闻说他被杀了
[19:53] And you know what the news always says– 你知道新闻里总说的
[19:55] see something, say something. 看到任何事都要说
[19:57] He always had a laptop with him, but he never used it in here. 他总带着电脑 但他在这里从来不用
[20:00] After he’d eat, he’d take it out there to the parking lot. 他吃完就会拿到停车场里
[20:05] He’d do a little work on it, 在那里用一会电脑
[20:06] just standing over there, by the wall, 就站在那墙边
[20:09] and then get in his car and go. 然后开车离开
[20:11] Customers work in here all the time. We encourage it. 顾客总在这里工作 我们也很支持
[20:14] Why’d he need to go outside? 为什么他要走到外面去
[20:17] Maybe Cole was looking for a Wi-Fi signal. 可能科尔在找无线信号
[20:19] Could have been hacking into a business, 可能是在黑入某个公司
[20:22] maybe one inside this building. 可能那栋楼里的一家
[20:26] I don’t think that’s it. 我觉得不是
[20:32] Is that a thumb drive? 这是U盘吗
[20:34] Looks like someone drilled a hole 看上去有人凿了一个洞
[20:35] so they could bury it in the mortar. 以便他们埋在墙里
[20:37] I think it’s a dead drop. 我觉得这是个秘密情报传送点
[20:40] I’ve seen it done like this before. It’s so two parties 我以前看到过 这样双方就能
[20:42] can exchange data without leaving a trail online. 在网上不留痕迹地交换数据
[20:45] I don’t think Cole was out here looking for a signal. 科尔应该不是来找信号的
[20:46] I think he was plugging his laptop into that 他是把电脑插入这里
[20:49] to get information on and off of it. 上传下载信息
[20:52] I think I’ve got some tools in my car. 我的车里有工具
[20:55] Thank you for seeing me. 感谢你来见我
[20:57] Do I address you by the full “Deputy Chief Prosky”? 我该称你为「普罗斯基副局长」
[20:59] – or just “Chief Prosky”? – Come on. -还是「普罗斯基局长」 -拜托
[21:02] After all Tommy Gregson has told me about you and your partner, 听汤米·格雷森说了你和你的搭档的那些事迹
[21:05] you can call me anything you want. 你怎么称呼我都行
[21:08] What can I do for you? 我能如何帮你
[21:10] Um, I’d like to talk to you 我想谈谈
[21:11] about your conversations with Captain Gregson, 关于你跟格雷森警监之间的谈话
[21:13] and about Medal Day. 还有表彰日的事
[21:15] – Fire away. – Well, first of all, -说吧 -首先
[21:17] I would like to say, that, uh, I have the greatest respect 我想说我对于警方
[21:20] for the men and women in blue, and commendations for service 有着崇高的敬意 而对其服务的表彰
[21:22] are not something I take lightly. 我也决不会视同儿戏
[21:25] No argument here. 无可争议
[21:27] But, um… 但是
[21:28] …if you don’t mind, Mr. Holmes, uh, 如果你不介意的话 福尔摩斯先生
[21:31] let me jump in here. 容我插嘴一句
[21:33] It sounds like you know that 听起来你知道
[21:34] Tommy has put us in a tough spot. 汤米让我们处境尴尬
[21:37] Now, under perfect circumstances, 在正常情况下
[21:39] including you in a Unit Citation would be, uh… 把你们加入「小组嘉奖」是
[21:43] Well, unorthodox. 不正规的
[21:46] And on top of that, you and Ms. Watson 除此之外 你和华生女士
[21:49] have had your share of, uh, controversy, 还有一些争议
[21:52] to say the least. 至少这么说
[21:54] The Honor Committee 然而荣誉委员会
[21:55] is not saying no, yet, 并不是要拒绝
[21:58] but we may not be able to square it. 只是我们可能没法表彰你们
[22:01] I think you’ll be relieved by what I have to say. 你听到我要说的话应该会如释重负的
[22:05] Respectfully, I’d like to bow out of consideration. 我希望退出你们的考量范围
[22:09] I tried to persuade the captain 我试图劝服警监
[22:10] to rescind his request, but, uh, to no avail. 撤销他的请求 但无果
[22:12] So instead, I, um, I’ve compiled a list of technicalities, 所以我整理了一张细则表
[22:17] which, I think, the department could invoke. 我觉得警局能加以利用
[22:19] Any one of them 其中任何一条
[22:20] should compel the captain to withdraw, 都能逼警监撤回申请
[22:22] whilst keeping me out of it, 既能让我不用参与其中
[22:24] and allowing you to tell him that you did your best. 也能让你告诉他你尽力了
[22:28] Uh, boy… 天啊
[22:31] You and your partner need to get straight what it is you want. 你和你的搭档得商量好你们到底想怎样
[22:35] I beg your pardon? 您什么意思
[22:36] Your partner. 你的搭档
[22:37] She was all for it when she was in here. 她来这里的时候对此很积极
[22:39] – My partner. – Yeah. -我的搭档 -没错
[22:41] – Was here. – Yeah. -她来过这里 -没错
[22:46] This is everything you found on the thumb drive? 你们在U盘上找到的就是这些了吗
[22:49] These messages, plus multiple drafts of Russell Cole’s paper. 这些消息 还有多份罗素·科尔论文草稿
[22:52] He didn’t write it by himself, he had a partner who helped. 他不是自己写的 他有个帮手帮他
[22:54] They went over every detail together, word by word. 他们逐字逐句商量了所有的细节
[22:57] This partner have a name? 这个帮手的名字呢
[22:59] They didn’t use names when they communicated, 他们交流的时候没用名字
[23:01] which makes sense, they were already using a dead drop 也说得通 他们已经用了情报秘密传递点
[23:03] to keep their partnership a secret. 来保密他们的合作
[23:05] Here’s what I don’t get. 我不明白的是
[23:07] You talked to someone who said 你跟一个说这篇论文
[23:08] that that paper was full of sloppy work. 漏洞百出的人谈过
[23:10] Now, we find out two people 而我们现在却发现有两个人
[23:11] went over it with a fine-tooth comb. 非常仔细地检查过这文章
[23:13] Well, that’s the thing, it looks like 问题就在这 由此看来
[23:15] all these mistakes were deliberate. 那些错误都是故意写出来的
[23:17] They wanted it to take months 他们想让相关领域专家
[23:18] for experts in the field to untangle. 花费数月时间来解决疑问
[23:21] The paper was designed to kill the Piazzi telescope project. 这篇文章就是故意写来搞垮皮亚齐观测计划的
[23:24] The one that’s worth half a billion dollars. 就是那个价值五亿美元的计划
[23:27] Cole’s partner was the instigator. 科尔的同伙就是背后的煽动者
[23:29] He promised to pay Cole big time for publishing the paper. 他许诺出大价钱让科尔发表文章
[23:32] But check out the last couple of messages. 但你看最后几条信息
[23:33] 两倍太多了 但我明白你的意思了 我们可以再商量 你可以回来了 周一晚七点 你公寓
[23:35] He was upping the price. 他要加价
[23:37] Cole wanted more money. 科尔想要更多的钱
[23:39] The partner agreed to talk about it, 他同伙答应可以商量
[23:40] and told him to come back into the city. 并让他回到城里来
[23:42] They were gonna meet at Cole’s apartment two nights ago. 他们打算两天前夜里在科尔的公寓见面
[23:45] The night Cole was murdered. 就是科尔被杀的那晚
[23:47] We’ve been thinking someone who was hurt 我们之前以为科尔的文章伤到了什么人
[23:49] by Cole’s paper killed him in anger, 这个人出于愤怒杀死了科尔
[23:50] but it turns out, he may have been killed 但由此来看 他可能
[23:53] by whoever hired him to write it. 死在雇他写文章的人手里
[24:02] Is this how you people conduct your business? 你们这儿的人都是这么办事的吗
[24:05] You lie to someone who does nothing but cooperate. 居然骗一个全力配合的人
[24:07] – Lure me here under false pretenses. – We told you -假借名义把我骗到这里 -我们说的是
[24:10] we had some questions about the case, we’re asking them. 我们对案子有疑问 我们现在就在提出疑问
[24:12] You didn’t tell me I was a suspect. 你可没说我是嫌疑人
[24:15] I loved Russell like a brother. 我把罗素当成兄弟
[24:17] Why would I have killed him? 我怎么会杀他
[24:18] The paper Cole published was hand-crafted 科尔发表文章的目的
[24:20] to kill a NASA project. 是为了搞垮某个宇航局计划
[24:22] It cost multiple private companies millions. 这会给很多私人企业造成上百万损失
[24:24] We think it was market manipulation. 我们认为这是市场操控
[24:26] You said yourself how your quants can destroy a company, 你说过你们的数据分析能搞垮一家公司
[24:30] and you were in the perfect position to conspire with Cole. 而你所处的位置恰好可以跟科尔共谋
[24:32] Based on our research, the likely target 根据我们的研究 被攻击目标可能是
[24:34] was a telescope manufacturer named Cygnus Optics. 一家叫天鹅座光学设备公司的望远镜生产商
[24:38] Their value’s plummeted 他们的估值
[24:39] as a result of the shelving of the Piazzi project, 由于皮亚齐观测计划的搁置而下滑
[24:42] creating an ideal investment opportunity. 从而出现了完美的投资机会
[24:44] One that you have taken advantage of. 所以你就抓住了这个机会
[24:45] 证监会表格 股权收买证书
[24:47] Knowing the company to be fundamentally sound, 你知道这家公司的经济基础稳固
[24:48] you’ll be confident that its value will recover. 能让你确信它的估值一定会恢复
[24:52] Once the paper was published, 文章发表后
[24:53] you told Cole to lie low. 你让科尔低调行事
[24:55] You wanted him to stay in his cabin, 你希望他待在自己的小屋里
[24:57] supposedly working on a solution, 找所谓的解决方案
[24:58] so that he would be unavailable 这样他就不会在危害发生时
[24:59] to answer questions while the damage took hold. 接受别人的问询了
[25:02] Then Cole got greedy. 可后来科尔变得贪婪了
[25:04] Asked for a bigger cut. 想要更多的分成
[25:05] Told him to come back to his apartment, where you killed him. 你让他回到自己公寓来 在那里杀了他
[25:08] You took his laptop, so no one would find 你拿走了他的电脑 这样就不会有人发现
[25:10] the messages you’d been trading. 你们俩之间的通信往来
[25:12] And we figure you would have picked up the thumb drive 我们觉得你最终也会铲掉
[25:14] in New City eventually, but who knows? 新城餐馆墙上的闪存口 可谁知道呢
[25:15] It was well hidden. 它隐藏地那么好
[25:17] Probably, you just figured no one would find it. 可能你觉得不会被人发现吧
[25:20] You’re right about one thing. 你们说对了一件事
[25:23] I invested in Cygnus Optics. 我投资了天鹅座光学设备公司
[25:25] You would have, too, 都暴跌成那样了
[25:26] after the nosedive it took. 换你 你也会投资的
[25:28] But I didn’t know anything about Russell writing a phony paper. 但我完全不知道罗素写假文章的事
[25:34] He was killed on Monday night, right? What time? 他是周一晚上被杀的吧 几点
[25:37] M.E. puts it between 7:00 and 9:00. 法医推断在七点至九点之间
[25:40] I had a dinner. 我当时正在吃晚餐
[25:41] We were going over a new IPO. 商量新公司首轮公开募股的事
[25:42] A dozen witnesses can put me there. 十几个人都能帮我证明
[25:45] You don’t believe me 我说我在意罗素
[25:46] when I say I cared about Russell. 你们并不相信我
[25:49] You think I only care about money. 你们觉得我只在乎钱
[25:51] So fine, let’s talk about money. 那好 我们就来聊聊钱
[25:54] I told you before, he was my golden goose. 我之前说过 他是我的摇钱树
[25:57] Look at my annual reports over the last eight years. 你们看看过去八年的年度报告
[25:59] They’re all on file with the SEC. 在证监会就能查到
[26:01] Count up how much money he was worth to me over time. 你们就知道他对我来说有多大价值了
[26:05] You said Russell wanted his partner to pay him double? 你们说罗素想让同伙给他两倍价钱
[26:08] I would have given him ten times what he was asking… 20. 我愿意出价十倍 二十倍
[26:12] It would have been easy. 完全不是问题
[26:14] You want to arrest me? Fine. 你们想逮捕我 好啊
[26:16] But you’re gonna embarrass yourselves. 但你们最后肯定会自取其辱
[26:18] You’ve got the wrong guy. 你们抓错人了
[26:26] – Cutting Cole’s boss loose? – For now. -放走了科尔的老板 -暂时而已
[26:28] We’re not liking him as much as we did an hour ago. 我们没有一小时前对他那么感兴趣了
[26:31] He gave us an alibi, I’m gonna check it out. 他提供了不在场证明 我去核实一下
[26:33] Are we still thinking this is all about tanking 你们现在仍然觉得这事的目的
[26:35] a telescope company? 是为了搞垮一家天文设备公司吗
[26:36] Cygnus Optics is still our best theory, 天鹅座光学设备公司仍然是最有可能的原因
[26:38] but if Mitch Barrett didn’t have anything to do with it, 但如果米其·巴瑞特与此无关
[26:40] we have to find out who else had reason to hurt them. 我们就要找出其他想要破坏这家公司的人
[26:42] One project’s $500 million loss 这五亿的损失
[26:44] could be another’s gain. 可能会落入别人腰包
[26:46] Now, whilst researching the information 在调查朱利斯·肯特
[26:47] that Julius Kent gave us, 提供的信息时
[26:49] I identified somebody who could speak to 我找到了一位
[26:51] all the asteroid-hunting projects 能对所有在审的小行星探索计划
[26:52] in consideration… 负责的人…
[26:54] Congresswoman Kristen Salazar, 女议员克莉丝汀·萨拉查
[26:55] from New York’s 31st District. 纽约第31区的
[26:57] She sits on the House subcommittee 她是白宫空间和科学基金会的
[26:58] for space and science funding. 小组成员
[27:00] Turns out she’s in her Manhattan office all this week. 我发现她这一周都在她曼哈顿的办公室里
[27:03] You’re thinking talk to her, 你想跟她谈谈
[27:04] see if any other suspects jump out. 看是否能找到别的嫌疑人
[27:07] When I attempted to contact her 今天早些时候
[27:08] several times earlier in the day, 我多次尝试跟她取得联系
[27:09] my calls went unreturned. 可她却没有回复
[27:10] So I asked Julius to try and leverage his celebrity, 因此我请朱利斯用他的名人效应试试看
[27:13] see if he could get her attention. 看能否得到她的注意
[27:15] And she made space in her schedule 她直接把会面时间安排在了
[27:16] first thing tomorrow. 明天一早
[27:19] I’m sorry to keep you waiting. 抱歉让你们久等了
[27:20] I was on a call. 我刚刚在打电话
[27:22] It’s always a madhouse around here. 这儿一向乱糟糟的
[27:24] Of course. 没关系
[27:24] I see you’ve already met my science advisor, Grant, 看来你们已经见过我的科学顾问了 格兰特
[27:27] which is good because he’s the expert on all this. 他在这些方面是专家
[27:29] Everyone, please. 大家请坐
[27:31] I’m sure you heard that we are investigating 你们应该听说了我们正在调查
[27:33] – the murder of Russell Cole? – Of course. -罗素·科尔的谋杀案 -当然
[27:35] He wrote the paper that forced us to mothball Piazzi. 他的文章让我们被迫将皮亚齐束之高阁了
[27:39] It’s simply tragic. 太不幸了
[27:40] And whether his assertions turn out to be right or wrong, 无论科尔的断言是对是错
[27:42] clearly Mr. Cole had a singular mind. 他显然天资过人
[27:45] In ways that you may be unaware. 你们可能没察觉到
[27:47] We’ve discovered evidence that 我们有证据证明
[27:48] Mr. Cole undermined Piazzi… intentionally. 科尔先生是故意暗中破坏皮亚齐的
[27:51] So we’d like to know who profits from his actions. 所以我们想知道谁能从他的行为中获益
[27:56] I don’t understand. 我不明白
[27:57] Are you saying we were played? 你是说我们被摆了一道吗
[27:59] In so many words. 可以这么说
[28:00] The $500 million that would have gone to Piazzi, 那笔本应属于皮亚齐项目的五亿资金
[28:03] is it going to be allocated to a different project? 会被重新分配给其他项目吗
[28:06] No, no, the money doesn’t go anywhere, 不会 那笔钱哪都不会去
[28:07] it just doesn’t get allocated. 不会被重新分配
[28:09] But I think you’re missing the bigger picture. 我觉得你们忽略了大局
[28:12] That paper hurt all asteroid-hunting projects equally. 那篇文章对所有小行星探索项目都造成了冲击
[28:15] Obviously, there are competing projects 当然 有些竞争项目
[28:17] that would have loved to cut ahead, 肯定想快人一步
[28:19] but they all rely on the same principles 但这都是基于同一个前提的
[28:21] that Cole’s paper attacked. 那就是受到了科尔文章的影响
[28:23] They all failed to take into account 他们都没有考虑
[28:24] what asteroids are made of. 小行星的成分
[28:26] According to his paper, everyone is making the same mistake, 根据他的文章 所有人都在犯同一个错误
[28:29] so all proposed projects are on an indefinite hold. 因此所有拟定项目都被无限期推迟了
[28:33] I mean, if what you’re saying is true, 如果你们说的是真的
[28:35] Russell Cole has done something catastrophic. 罗素·科尔做出的事就是灾难性的
[28:38] Whatever his motives, 不管他的动机是什么
[28:39] his paper raised real, legitimate questions. 他的文章提出了真实合理的问题
[28:42] We can’t un-ring that bell now. 我们现在无法重新启动
[28:44] We’ve gotta let the peer review play out. 得等同业互查结束
[28:46] And government funding doesn’t come easily, 政府资金也不是那么容易拿到的
[28:49] especially not for space research. 尤其是太空研究
[28:51] Even if the experts decide that he was wrong, 即便专家断定他是错的
[28:54] it could take a decade to get asteroid research back on track. 要让小行星研究重回正轨也要近十年
[29:15] Contemplating the mysteries of the universe? 在思索宇宙的种种奥秘吗
[29:17] Just one, actually. 只是一种奥秘
[29:19] I’ve developed a new theory of the crime, 我对这个案子有了新的理论
[29:21] which I’m liking more and more. 而且我越来越喜欢这个理论了
[29:29] Why do you smell like a banana muffin? 你身上为什么一股香蕉松饼的味道
[29:32] Oh, its a paste of oatmeal, 燕麦粥糊
[29:34] baking soda, banana peel, and goldenseal root. 小苏打 香蕉皮还有黄莲根
[29:36] It’s a homemade anti-itch remedy. 自制止痒药
[29:38] I seem to be developing a rash. 我好像起疹子了
[29:39] Well, you must have touched some poison ivy 你在科尔的小屋那边
[29:41] when you were up at Cole’s cabin. 肯定碰到了什么有毒的常春藤
[29:42] I most certainly did not. 肯定没有
[29:43] You were walking around outside before we arrived. 我们到那儿之前你在小屋外面查看来着
[29:46] I’m the foremost expert on poisonous plants 我应该是你见过的最顶尖的
[29:47] you’ll likely ever meet. 有毒植物专家
[29:48] I did not touch poison ivy. 我没有碰毒藤
[29:50] Proof is in the oatmeal. 燕麦粥作何解释
[29:52] So what’s your theory? 那你的理论是什么
[29:54] Since leaving Congresswoman Salazar’s office, 离开萨拉查议员女士的办公室后
[29:56] I’ve been thinking about what she and Mr. Huber told us. 我一直在想她和胡贝尔先生告诉我们的事
[29:59] That the effect of Cole’s paper 科尔发表的文章
[30:00] was to delay the hunt for asteroids 能够将寻找小行星的研究
[30:02] for as much as a decade. 推迟十年
[30:05] I started wondering if that was the point. 我开始考虑会不会目的就在于此
[30:08] So you think someone wants us all to be killed 所以你觉得有人想让我们
[30:10] by a giant rock? 都被一块大石头杀死吗
[30:11] My theory is much more out there, 我的理论不止于此
[30:13] so to speak. 可以这么说
[30:15] I’m all ears. 洗耳恭听
[30:17] What if what was bad for asteroid hunting 如果对寻找小行星有害的事
[30:20] was good for asteroid mining? 对开采小行星有益呢
[30:23] Excuse me? 什么
[30:25] There’s gold in them there rocks, Watson. 这些石头上有金子 华生
[30:27] Platinum, too. Lots of it. Just as Julius said. 还有铂金 很多 正如朱利斯所说
[30:30] Yeah, but nobody’s gonna be able to fly a ship 是的 但在大概2020年之前
[30:32] to an asteroid until sometime in the 2020s. 没人能把飞船开上小行星
[30:35] A crucial element to my theory. Come on. 这是我理论的关键部分 过来
[30:44] “Michael Hines, CEO Aurum Aeronautics. 迈克尔·海恩斯 金航执行总裁
[30:47] Barbara Torrissi, CEO Exterral Dynamics.” 芭芭拉·托雷西 外部动力执行总裁
[30:49] I thought everyone was hurt equally by Cole’s paper. 大家被科尔文章影响的程度不是一样的吗
[30:52] I no longer think that’s true. 我不那么认为了
[30:54] Combined, those four companies 这四家公司加起来
[30:56] are investing billions towards 投资了数十亿资金
[30:58] the long-term prospects for asteroid mining. 在小行星采矿勘察的长期研究上
[31:01] The world’s governments are also investing 各国政府也在注资
[31:03] in missions to asteroids, 研究小行星
[31:04] which greatly reduces the cost to those companies. 这大大降低了这些公司的资金压力
[31:07] Governments, however– 然而政府
[31:09] they’re driven only by their fear of asteroid impact. 他们只是出于害怕小行星撞击地球
[31:12] NASA, for example, cares only about saving the human race, 例如美国宇航局 只关心拯救人类
[31:15] not about mining for rare metals. 而不是开发稀有金属
[31:17] And the truth is the chances that anything really bad 事实上 我们目前
[31:21] is going to hit us anytime soon is infinitesimal. 被撞击的可能性非常小
[31:25] The last extinction-level impact was 66 million years ago. 上次灭绝级的撞击是在660万年前
[31:28] Even an event that would be locally devastating– 即便是地区性的毁灭
[31:31] the loss of a city, for example– 比如一座城市
[31:32] that only comes along every 5,000 years. 也是5000年一遇
[31:34] Decade here or there, meaningless. 相比之下 十年毫无意义
[31:38] So you think experts are mapping out asteroids too quickly. 所以你认为专家们标记小行星的速度太快了
[31:40] If they finish, 一旦他们完成
[31:41] and it turns out the world is safe for the foreseeable future, 政府发现在可预见的未来里地球都是安全的
[31:44] the governments will cut off the funding. 就会中断他们的资金
[31:45] Which gets one or more of these CEO’s 这就给了这些执行总裁们
[31:48] motive to slow things down. 推迟研究的动机
[31:49] Cole’s paper creates a fog of uncertainty, 科尔的文章营造了不确定的气氛
[31:52] humanity’s fear of the unknown is prolonged, 延长了人类对未知事物的恐惧
[31:54] and they get to ride that rocket of terror 而他们得以搭乘恐惧的火箭
[31:56] to their gold mine in the sky. 前往他们天空中的金矿
[31:58] You’re right. 你说的没错
[31:59] It’s out there. But it makes sense. 那是在外太空 但确实说得通
[32:01] As long as whoever it is doesn’t mind rolling the dice. 只要这些人不介意赌一把运气
[32:04] If we’re all wiped out by an asteroid in the next few years, 如果我们在未来几年都被小行星从地球上抹去
[32:06] they’re gonna feel pretty silly. 他们肯定会觉得相当可笑
[32:08] I’m certain that they’re certain the odds are in their favor. 我很确定他们确信这几率对他们有利
[32:11] Oh, speaking of being blindsided, 说到被蒙蔽
[32:12] I had a meeting with Deputy Chief Prosky yesterday. 我昨天和普罗斯基副局长见了个面
[32:16] You’ve known about the unit citation for weeks– 你已经知道这个小组嘉奖的事好几周了
[32:18] why didn’t you say anything? 你怎么完全没提过
[32:19] Well, because I knew you’d be against it. 因为我知道你一定会反对
[32:21] So you knew I’d object… 所以你知道我会反对
[32:24] yet you conspired with the Honor Committee’s inquiry nonetheless. 但你还是密谋接受了荣誉委员会的询问
[32:27] And this is why I did not bring it up. 这就是我不跟你说的原因
[32:30] I want to show you something. 我想给你看点东西
[32:38] I didn’t conspire. 我并没有密谋
[32:39] The Honor Committee called about a week ago. 大约一周前荣誉委员会打电话过来
[32:40] You weren’t here. I went to Prosky’s office, 你当时不在家 我去了普罗斯基的办公室
[32:42] answered some questions. That’s it. 回答了一些问题 就这样而已
[32:44] What’s this? 这是什么
[32:47] It’s your one-year sobriety chip. 这是你的戒毒一年徽章
[32:48] Yeah, and what’s this? 没错 那这个呢
[32:49] Also my one-year sobriety chip. 也是我的戒毒一年徽章
[32:51] One is my first one-year chip, 一个是我第一年的徽章
[32:52] the other is my second one-year chip. 另一个是我第二年的徽章
[32:54] – So? – So they’re indistinguishable. -所以呢 -它们没有任何区别
[32:57] These awards, these ribbons, trinkets, 这些奖项 这些绶带 这些饰品
[32:59] they’re-they’re just symbols; they don’t matter. 它们只是象征而已 无关紧要
[33:02] Not really. 没什么重要的
[33:04] The work we do does. 我们所做的工作
[33:05] The work is all that matters. 这些工作才是真正重要的
[33:08] If symbols matter so little to you, 如果这些象征对你来说如此没意义
[33:10] why are you so against accepting a certificate? 你为什么非要反对接受一份证书呢
[33:12] Captain Gregson wants to do something nice for us. 格雷森警监想为我们做点什么
[33:14] He’s also our friend. 他同时也是我们的朋友
[33:15] I appreciate it. 我很感激
[33:16] I’d like to let him. So where’s the harm? 我想让他这么做 这有什么不好呢
[33:18] It’s the camel’s nose in the tent, Watson. 这就好比伸进帐篷里的骆驼鼻子 华生
[33:21] – What? – It’s a slippery slope. -什么 -就是得寸进尺
[33:22] I saw it during my time at Scotland Yard. 我在苏格兰场的时候经历过
[33:26] The reason I refused to accept any official police credit 我拒绝接受任何警方官方嘉奖的原因
[33:29] is that once I allow it, 就是我一旦允许其发生了
[33:30] there’s no official line as to where it stops. 这事就没有个头了
[33:32] And then soon I begin to eclipse the whole department. 接着不久我就会开始让整个警局黯然失色
[33:35] And-and resentment and its inevitable harm 而由此引发的愤懑及其对合作关系
[33:37] to working relationships quickly follows. 所带来的不可避免的伤害很快就会接踵而至
[33:40] So you don’t want to accept any credit 所以你不想接受任何嘉奖
[33:43] because the truth is you deserve too much credit. 是因为实际上你值得太多赞誉
[33:48] The work we do is too important to jeopardize. 我们所做的工作太重要了不能被任何因素危及
[33:55] I give up. I’m going to bed. 我放弃了 我去睡觉了
[34:08] I assume that’s not you bringing me breakfast in bed. 我想你这不是给我带的枕边早餐
[34:11] I thought you might need some of my remedy– I was wrong. 我本以为你可能也需要我的配方 我错了
[34:15] So you checked me for poison ivy in my sleep? 所以我睡觉的时候你给我做了毒藤检测吗
[34:18] That is not creepy. 还真是一点都不变态呢
[34:19] I had no need to look anywhere other than your arms. 我并不需要看除你胳膊以外的其他部位
[34:21] You appear to have been unexposed. 你看起来未接触到毒素
[34:22] My own rash, however, has spread. 我自己身上的皮疹则扩散了
[34:24] You still sure you didn’t touch any? 你仍然确定你没碰到任何毒藤吗
[34:26] I am. 我确定
[34:27] Then how could you have a rash? 那你怎么会起皮疹的
[34:29] I continued working after you went to bed last night, 你昨晚睡了之后我继续进行了调查
[34:31] poring over information on the four asteroid mining companies. 仔细查看了四家小行星采矿公司的资料
[34:34] I believe I’ve not only identified a suspect, 我相信我不仅确定了一位嫌疑人
[34:37] but also the explanation for my rash. 而且也找到了我起皮疹的原因
[34:40] I maintain I did not come into contact with poison ivy– 我坚持认为我没有接触过毒藤
[34:42] but you and I have come into contact with Russell Cole’s killer. 但你和我已经见过杀害罗素·科尔的凶手了
[34:59] Marcus just called. 马库斯刚打电话来了
[35:01] The police got permission to go ahead. 警方已经获准进行搜查
[35:02] So we should head out soon. 所以我们也该快点出发了
[35:07] I also heard from the deputy chief’s office. 我还收到了副局长办公室的消息
[35:10] They’re including us in Medal Day. 他们把我们加入表彰日名单了
[35:15] The captain is gonna go on behalf of the squad, 警监将代表整个小队参加典礼
[35:17] and then he’s gonna bring back the certificates 然后他会把荣誉证书带回局里
[35:20] to hand out at the station. 进行分发
[35:23] What would you do, Watson, 你会怎么做 华生
[35:24] if you knew the world was ending in, say, 如果你知道世界末日即将在 比如说
[35:26] one month’s time? 一个月内来临
[35:29] Indulge me. 说来听听
[35:30] An asteroid 20 miles wide 假设一颗直径32公里的小行星
[35:31] is hurtling towards us as we speak. 在我们说话这会正朝我们飞来
[35:34] You made your point last night, okay? 你昨晚已经表明了你的观点 好吗
[35:36] We would both continue doing our jobs to the very end. 我们会一直工作到最后一刻
[35:38] The work we do is important. 我们做的工作很重要
[35:40] I think I could have done a better job 我觉得我本该更好地解释
[35:41] explaining why it’s important. 这为什么很重要
[35:44] At least explaining why it’s important… to me. 至少向我自己解释这为什么很重要
[35:50] When you and I first started… 我俩当初刚开始合作的时候
[35:53] I quickly recognized your merits, 我很快就发现了你的优点
[35:54] both as a detective in your own right… 不仅是作为一位天生的侦探
[35:58] and in that you facilitated my own process. 还有你对我工作过程的助益
[36:02] I’m better at the work I do because of you. 我因你的存在而得以更好地工作
[36:08] But over the years… 但这么多年来
[36:09] the relative importance of those two values has flipped. 这两点价值相对的重要性翻转了
[36:14] I now value the work that we do, first and foremost, 我现在首要珍视的是我们所做的工作
[36:17] because I do it with you. 因为这些工作是我们一起完成的
[36:24] So if at times I seem overprotective 所以如果有时候我过于保护
[36:26] of the system that we’ve built, 我们所建立的这个合作体系
[36:28] if I worry that the resentments of others might disrupt it… 如果我担心其他人的愤懑可能会对其产生影响
[36:33] I have good reason. 我是有充分理由的
[36:38] Those chips you showed me last night… 你昨晚给我看的那些徽章
[36:42] you don’t accept them for yourself. 你并不是为了你自己而接受的
[36:44] You accept them because you’re part of a group. 你接受它们是因为你是一个团体中的一员
[36:46] You accept them because… 你接受它们是因为
[36:49] the work you did to stand up at a meeting inspires others. 你在互助会上所做的一切鼓舞了其他人
[36:55] It’s bigger than you. 这远比你个人重要
[36:56] Or us. 或者我们
[37:01] So you show up. 所以你在颁奖现场出现了
[37:06] I’m gonna go get ready. 我去准备一下
[37:21] Hello? 有人在吗
[37:22] Mr. Huber. 胡贝尔先生
[37:23] Thank you for coming. 谢谢你过来
[37:25] Mr. Holmes, Miss Watson. 福尔摩斯先生 华生女士
[37:27] I got a call from Julius Kent. 我接到了朱利斯·肯特的电话
[37:28] Are you meeting him here, too? 你们也是来这里见他的吗
[37:29] We asked Julius to invite you here. 是我们让朱利斯邀请你来的
[37:31] We’d seen how much influence he has, 我们已经见识了他的影响力
[37:32] so we knew you’d come. 所以我们知道你一定会来
[37:34] It’s so police could search your office, 这样警方就能去搜查你的办公室了
[37:36] with Congresswoman Salazar’s permission, of course. 当然 是议员女士萨拉查批准的
[37:39] Why do the police want to search my office? 警察为什么要搜查我的办公室
[37:41] Why not just ask? I’d have let them. 怎么不直接跟我说 我会同意的
[37:43] You’re confident you have nothing to fear because you think 你很自信 觉得没什么可怕的
[37:45] there’s no evidence there of you having murdered Russell Cole. 因为你觉得没有证据能证明你杀了罗素·科尔
[37:48] You are wrong. 你错了
[37:50] You think I killed Russell Cole? 你们觉得我杀了罗素·科尔
[37:52] We do. 是的
[37:53] After the two of you wrote that paper together. 就在你们一起写了那篇文章后
[37:58] That makes no sense. 简直胡扯
[37:58] What possible reason would I have 我有什么理由
[38:00] to sabotage the funding I helped get? 要破坏我帮忙一起赚来的资金
[38:02] You’re referring to the funding for asteroid hunting. 你说的是探索小行星的资金
[38:05] As it happens, we’ve shifted our focus 然而 我们把注意力
[38:06] more towards asteroid mining. 更多地转向了开采小行星
[38:08] While looking into the companies involved in that, 在调查涉事公司的时候
[38:10] a familiar name kept recurring. 一个熟悉的名字一直跳出来
[38:12] Prior to your current job with Ms. Salazar, 在你跟着萨拉查女士开始现在这份工作前
[38:14] you were a lobbyist with deep ties to those companies. 你是个与那些公司有着深厚联系的说客
[38:17] We believe it was in that capacity 我们相信就是在那时候
[38:19] that you first met Mr. Cole. 你第一次见到了科尔先生
[38:22] He conducted an analysis of one of your clients. 他对你的一名客户做了分析
[38:24] His calendar showed a number of dinner dates 他的日程表显示你们曾多次
[38:26] between the two of you. 共进晚餐
[38:27] You also helped get legislation passed 你还帮忙通过了立法
[38:29] giving those companies the right to mine asteroids. 让那些公司有权去开采小行星
[38:32] And based on your social media photos, 据你的社交媒体照片显示
[38:34] you spend way too much money for a public servant. 你为一名公务员花了大把的钱
[38:37] Which indicates that your former employers are paying you 这表明你的前雇主在花钱让你
[38:39] to make sure that government decisions go their way. 确保政府决策会按照他的意思来
[38:42] And most recently, that included you 而最近 要确保如此就包括了
[38:45] killing Russell Cole. 得杀死罗素·科尔
[38:48] You people are crazy. 你们都疯了
[38:50] Do you have even a shred of proof to support any of this? 你们有哪怕一丝证据能证明这些吗
[38:54] That brings us to the search currently underway at your office. 所以才有了现在正在进行的对你办公室的搜查
[38:56] At some point after the crime, 犯罪后的某个时间
[38:58] you brought Russell Cole’s laptop there. 你把罗素·科尔的笔记本电脑带了过去
[39:01] The case was covered in urushiol. 外壳上沾了漆酚
[39:03] It’s the oil which comes from poison ivy leaves. 是来自有毒的常春藤叶中的一种油
[39:06] You’d be surprised at how easily that oil transfers 你绝对想不到那种油从一个地方
[39:08] from one surface to another. 沾到另一个地方有多容易
[39:09] For example, you put the case on your couch. 比如 你把电脑放在了你的沙发上
[39:11] I sat there, and my skin reacted to the toxins. 我坐了沙发 我的皮肤就有了中毒反应
[39:15] I… I don’t know what you’re talking about. 我不知道你在说什么
[39:17] I don’t have poison ivy. 我没有有毒的常春藤
[39:19] Assuming that’s true, 假设是真的
[39:20] it is possible that you are in the 20% of people 有可能你属于那20%
[39:23] who are not sensitive to it. 对它不敏感的人群
[39:24] Either way, police are taking your couch to the lab 不管怎样 警方正把你的沙发送去实验室
[39:27] to collect oil samples. 采集油渍样本
[39:28] They’re also showing your photograph 他们还会拿着你的照片
[39:30] around a diner in New City. 去新城的一家餐厅找目击证人
[39:32] I think it’s only a matter of time before you’re recognized. 我觉得你被认出来只是时间问题
[39:35] If you want to cooperate, 如果你想合作
[39:36] and share the names of the people who hired you 并说出雇你去勾结科尔的人的名字
[39:38] to conspire with Cole, now is your chance. 现在就是你的机会
[39:41] In case you’re wondering, 以防你不知道
[39:42] urushiol contains DNA. 漆酚里会有DNA
[39:44] So a definitive match between the oil on your couch 所以要确认你沙发上的油
[39:46] and the plants at Cole’s cabin 和科尔的小屋那边的植物绝对吻合
[39:48] will be attainable. 是完全可行的
[39:49] I should say, might be. 应该说是有可能
[39:51] I’m not sure of the odds, but… 我不知道概率有多大 不过
[39:53] I think they’re better than an asteroid showing up 我觉得会比小行星出现
[39:55] to put you out of your misery. 将你拉出困局的可能性大
[40:07] I’ve been a cop more than 30 years now. 我当警察三十多年了
[40:10] I’ve seen this city go through its share of ups and down. 我目睹过这个城市的起起落落
[40:14] Crime rates rise and fall. 犯罪率起起伏伏
[40:17] People get along or they don’t. 人际关系时好时坏
[40:19] These days, you watch the news and it can feel like 近来 你看新闻的时候就会觉得
[40:22] everything’s falling apart. 一切都在分崩离析
[40:25] And I don’t mean just here. 我说的不只是这里
[40:27] Bad stuff happening all over– 到处都在发生不好的事
[40:30] cops getting killed. 时常有警察被杀
[40:33] Makes it tough some mornings to want to get out of bed. 有时候早上起床都会是种挣扎
[40:36] Not that the bad guys will ever take a day off. 然而坏人却没有休息的时候
[40:40] Now I don’t say all this to bring everybody down, 我说这些不是想让大家觉得丧气
[40:42] I say all this because I want you to know 我说这些是想让你们知道
[40:45] what gets me out of bed in the morning. 是什么让我早上有起床的动力
[40:48] What gets me back here, at work, 是什么让我每天回来这里
[40:51] doing the job, every day. 做我的工作
[40:55] You guys do. 是你们
[40:58] All of you. 你们所有人
[41:00] This squad is the finest group of men and women 这个小队的成员都是人中龙凤
[41:04] I’ve ever had the honor to serve with. 我无比有幸才能跟你们共事
[41:06] And that’s not just a line. 这不只是恭维
[41:09] It’s what our clearance rate says. 而是我们的破案率显示的结果
[41:12] That’s why it was important for me 所以你们今天能受到认可
[41:15] that you all got recognized today. 对我来说非常重要
[41:17] Because the extraordinary work you do, 因为你们所做的无与伦比的工作
[41:20] day in, day out, it… 日复一日
[41:24] it amazes me. 让我钦佩
[41:26] This team, this family– 这个团队 这个大家庭
[41:31] you guys are what keep me going. 你们是我前进的动力
[41:34] So, do me a favor, would you? 所以 帮我个忙好吗
[41:36] Give yourselves a hand? 给你们自己鼓掌喝彩吧
基本演绎法

Post navigation

Previous Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第5季第3集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第5季第6集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme