时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Me and Paige… | 我和佩吉 |
[00:04] | we started seeing each other about a year ago. | 我们是大约一年前开始约会的 |
[00:07] | I have MS. | 我得了多发性硬化病 |
[00:09] | I was diagnosed two months ago. | 两个月前确诊的 |
[00:10] | I’ve been worried about what I’ll do to the rest of your life. | 我很担心会对你的后半生造成什么影响 |
[00:13] | My first thought is, I don’t care, | 我的第一个念头是 我不在乎 |
[00:14] | I love her, I want to be with her. | 我爱她 我想跟她在一起 |
[00:16] | She’s gonna need a lot of help. | 她会需要很多帮助 |
[00:18] | Well… she’s worth it. | 她值得 |
[00:25] | Let’s see. | 咱们看看 |
[00:27] | “You… | 「你 |
[00:29] | can light up a room”? | 能照亮整个房间」 |
[00:31] | That’s not a fortune! | 这可不没预言什么命运 |
[00:33] | Eh, I know. They’re all like that now. | 我知道 它们现在都这样 |
[00:34] | They’re compliment cookies. | 它们都变成了好话饼干 |
[00:36] | Course, I’m gonna think about this much differently | 但要是有一天你真着了火 |
[00:38] | if you get lit on fire someday. So be careful. | 我就不会这么想了 所以请千万小心 |
[00:41] | Maybe we ought to switch it up next week. | 咱们下周或许该换个别的吃 |
[00:44] | No false advertising when it comes to pizza. | 披萨可不会有这种虚假广告 |
[00:49] | “Good test results will soon be yours”” | 「你将得到一份不错的检测结果」 |
[00:55] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[00:58] | It says “You’re a joy to know.” | 其实是「你是一个开心果」 |
[01:00] | I hope you’re not this gullible when it comes to interrogations. | 我希望你在审讯犯人时不会也这么好骗 |
[01:03] | There aren’t many suspects I like as much as I do you. | 并没有犯人能像你这么让我喜爱 |
[01:08] | You’ll call me tomorrow when the lab results come in? | 明天检测结果出来了 你会给我打电话吧 |
[01:10] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[01:12] | All right. | 好的 |
[01:14] | But I can tell you… | 但我可以告诉你 |
[01:15] | I feel really good. | 我感觉很好 |
[01:18] | You feel good to me, too. | 你也让我感觉很好 |
[01:22] | Don’t work too late. | 别工作太晚 |
[01:30] | Excuse me. Hi. | 打扰了 你好 |
[01:32] | We haven’t been formally introduced. I’m Paige Cowan. | 我们还没正式认识 我是佩吉·考恩 |
[01:35] | I’ve seen you around here, and wanted to come say hi. | 我看到你在这里 想着过来打声招呼 |
[01:38] | Yeah, you’re the captain’s, uh, girlfriend. | 你是警监的 女友 |
[01:40] | Yeah, uh, Sherlock Holmes. Delighted. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 很高兴认识你 |
[01:43] | Sorry to interrupt whatever you’re doing. | 抱歉打扰了你手头上的工作 |
[01:45] | Oh, no. No need to apologize. I’m just, um… | 不不 不用道歉 我只是… |
[01:48] | I was just aping the expression | 我只是在模仿一个人的表情 |
[01:50] | of notorious horse thief, Wyatt Feldon. | 臭名昭著的盗马贼 怀亚特·费尔顿 |
[01:52] | It’s an experiment to see how long I have to maintain his countenance | 这是个实验 看看我保持他的表情多久 |
[01:55] | before it affects my mood and, uh, mindset. | 会影响到我的情绪和心态 |
[02:00] | Uh, you were a police officer once. | 你也曾是一名警官 |
[02:02] | Do you retain any of your training, | 你会保持你以前的一些训练吗 |
[02:03] | or did you block it all out | 还是抛开了所有往事 |
[02:04] | because it ended in scandal? | 毕竟它曾以丑闻终结 |
[02:09] | Mm. Maybe this wasn’t such a great idea. | 或许这不是个好主意 |
[02:11] | Maybe what wasn’t such a good idea? | 什么不是个好主意 |
[02:15] | Well, I hear you wear a couple of hats. | 我听说你身兼数职 |
[02:18] | You consult here, and you take private clients. | 你在这里做顾问 同时接私活 |
[02:21] | I would like to hire you, | 我想雇佣你 |
[02:22] | and I’d like you to keep it between us. | 并希望只有你我两人知道 |
[03:01] | Hey. It’s not what it looks like. | 不是你想的那样 |
[03:42] | Please tell me there is not a body in that bag. | 千万别告诉我袋子里是尸体 |
[03:46] | Deduction is your stock and trade, Watson. | 推理可是你谋生的本钱 华生 |
[03:48] | Have some pride. | 多点自信 |
[03:49] | Okay. Two bodies? | 好吧 两具尸体 |
[03:51] | Medical bills and insurance claims. | 医疗帐单和保险索赔单 |
[03:53] | Pilfered from the office of Dr. Jonas Kiel, | 从乔纳斯·基尔医生的办公室偷的 |
[03:55] | neurologist with a private practice uptown. | 他是个在富人区有私人诊所的神经科医师 |
[03:57] | Oh, yeah. I would’ve totally figured that out. | 真是我自己就能想出来的答案 |
[03:59] | The doctor treats Paige, the captain’s girlfriend, | 这个医生在给警监的女友 佩吉治病 |
[04:01] | for her relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis. | 治疗她的复发缓解型多发性硬化症 |
[04:04] | She’s come to suspect that some of his support staff | 她怀疑他的一些手下 |
[04:06] | are engaged in criminal malfeasance. | 以权谋私 非法行事 |
[04:09] | That sounds troubling. And kind of vague. | 听起来很麻烦 而且很含糊 |
[04:11] | Yeah, well, some of the ladies that work on the front desk | 在前台工作的几位女士 |
[04:13] | have upgraded their clothing and their jewelry lately, | 最近衣着和首饰都升了一个档次 |
[04:15] | and they’ve been in the habit of accidentally | 而且她们最近都经常不小心 |
[04:17] | running off extra copies of Paige’s prescriptions. | 多复印了佩吉的处方 |
[04:19] | So, she asked you to look into it? | 所以她请你去查查吗 |
[04:21] | Yeah, well, she wanted peace of mind. | 是的 她想要个心安 |
[04:23] | I-I’d ask you not to alert the captain. | 希望你别告诉警监 |
[04:25] | I know it’s delicate, but… | 我知道这事要慎重 但… |
[04:26] | No, no. I get it. I mean, he’d charge right at it. | 我明白 不然他会马上自己去处理 |
[04:29] | I left a considerably lighter footprint. | 我去的时候特别小心谨慎 |
[04:31] | This turned out not to be necessary. | 后来发现完全没必要 |
[04:33] | The doctor’s alarm system is archaic, | 医生的警报系统很老 |
[04:35] | and there were no cameras to record me | 也没有监控镜头能拍下我 |
[04:36] | making copies of all his patients’ | 复印他所有病人的 |
[04:39] | billing and insurance information. | 账单和保险信息 |
[04:41] | So we get to audit his practice. | 所以我们要查他的诊所的帐 |
[04:45] | Not exactly what I had in mind for today. | 跟我对今天的预想可不太一样 |
[04:49] | I’m gonna get some coffee. | 我要去喝杯咖啡 |
[04:50] | No. Get dressed. | 不 去换衣服 |
[04:51] | Or… get undressed. Your choice. | 或者把衣服脱了 随你 |
[04:54] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[04:55] | Marcus has requested our presence at a clothing optional retreat. | 马库斯让我们去一个裸体聚会现场 |
[05:00] | It’s for a case, right? | 是为了案子 对吧 |
[05:10] | Thanks, Ms. Murphy. | 谢谢 墨菲女士 |
[05:12] | I think you’ll be a little more comfortable this way. | 我觉得这样你可能会舒服一些 |
[05:14] | I think you’ll be more comfortable. | 我觉得是你们会舒服一些吧 |
[05:16] | But if’s fine. | 但没关系 |
[05:18] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[05:18] | The victim, he wasn’t carrying ID. | 受害者 他身上没有身份证明 |
[05:21] | Obviously, We’re assuming he was a guest here at the retreat, | 我们认为他是来参加聚会的客人 |
[05:24] | – but we don’t really…- His name is Kenneth Tolan. | -但我们真的… -他叫肯尼斯·托兰 |
[05:27] | Did you know him well? | 你跟他很熟吗 |
[05:29] | Eh, Kenny’s been coming here to Maple Grove | 肯尼自从我接管这里后 |
[05:31] | since before I took over running the place, so… | 就一直来枫园参加聚会 所以… |
[05:34] | probably ’09 I guess. | 我们大概是2009年认识的 |
[05:35] | Can you think of anyone who would’ve done this to him? | 你能想到有任何人会杀他吗 |
[05:37] | Was he on anyone’s bad side? | 他有没有跟谁不和 |
[05:39] | Never. | 没有 |
[05:40] | Kenny was a sweetheart. | 肯尼是个好人 |
[05:43] | This was just terrible, | 这只是运气不好 |
[05:45] | terrible luck. | 非常不好 |
[05:47] | The guy who took that woman, | 新闻上那个女人 |
[05:49] | from the news. That’s who did this. | 绑她的人 是他干的 |
[05:52] | You’re talking about the housewife in Long Island taken last week? | 你是说上周在长岛被绑架的家庭主妇吗 |
[05:54] | Uh, Beth Stone? | 贝丝·斯通 |
[05:55] | Yeah. That’s the one. | 对 就是她 |
[05:58] | All over the TV. Here. | 电视上到处都是 看 |
[06:02] | Kenny sent that last night. | 肯尼昨晚发出来的 |
[06:04] | Probably right before they shot him. | 也许就在他们杀了他之前 |
[06:06] | “Am I crazy, or is this the kidnapped lady?” | “是我疯了 还是这就是那个被绑架的女人” |
[06:10] | He’s not crazy. It’s definitely Beth Stone. | 他没疯 这绝对是贝丝·斯通 |
[06:12] | Did you mention this when you called 911? | 你报警时提到这个了吗 |
[06:14] | I didn’t notice the message until after. | 我后来才注意到那条短信 |
[06:16] | That music you can hear. I think it was coming from the cabin. | 那段音乐 我觉得是屋子里传来的 |
[06:20] | Kenny probably got curious, or maybe he saw a light was on. | 肯尼可能很好奇 或者他看到了灯光 |
[06:23] | The place has been under renovation for two years. | 那地方这两年都在维修 |
[06:26] | Nobody should’ve been in there. | 里面不应该有人 |
[06:27] | Well, nobody’s there now. | 现在里面没人了 |
[06:29] | The killer took Mrs. Stone and cleared out. | 凶手带走了斯通太太并清理了现场 |
[06:31] | – Ma’am. – I’ll be right back. | -太太 -我马上回来 |
[06:34] | The smell of ammonia is still quite noxious, even from here. | 氨气味还是很浓 在这都能闻到 |
[06:37] | Yeah. CSU says every surface in there was scrubbed. | 对 鉴证组说所有表面都被擦拭过 |
[06:39] | Rain last night’s gonna make it hard | 昨晚的雨也让外面的取证 |
[06:41] | to find anything useful out here, too. | 变得很困难 |
[06:43] | If it can be done, I will see it done. | 如果能取证 我会留下来做完 |
[06:44] | Why don’t you two go to Long Island, | 你们俩去长岛吧 |
[06:46] | check in with the, uh, local investigation | 去看看当地警方 |
[06:47] | into Mrs. Stone’s disappearance. | 对斯通太太失踪案的调查 |
[06:50] | Mr. Stone, just for the record, | 斯通先生 以供记录 |
[06:52] | that is your wife, isn’t it? | 这是你的妻子吧 |
[06:54] | Yeah. That’s Beth. Definitely. | 对 就是贝丝 绝对是 |
[06:58] | You mind if I, uh… | 能不能让我… |
[07:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:02] | Here you go. | 给你们 |
[07:04] | Initial file from six days ago is on top for you. | 六天前的原始档案帮你们放在最上面了 |
[07:06] | Mr. Stone, he, uh… he called in the disappearance. | 斯通先生上报了失踪 |
[07:09] | Mrs. Stone, she ran some down here, | 斯通太太到这里 |
[07:11] | brought some paperwork for him because he was sick. | 给他拿一些文件 因为他病了 |
[07:13] | And she… she didn’t come home. | 但她却没有回家 |
[07:14] | You guys have been busy. | 你们做了不少工作 |
[07:16] | Yeah, well, the file weighs plenty, | 对 卷宗很重 |
[07:17] | I just wish there was more in it for you guys. | 我希望里面有对你们有用的信息 |
[07:19] | We got interviews of friends, family, | 我们走访了亲戚朋友 |
[07:21] | most of the workers here, | 这里的大部分员工 |
[07:23] | all of her social media’s here, | 这里有她所有的社交媒体 |
[07:24] | and everything we asked for about the, uh… | 还有我们问的所有… |
[07:26] | about the business. | 生意上的事 |
[07:27] | Nothing unusual in all that? | 没有任何异常吗 |
[07:30] | No. | 没有 |
[07:33] | Hey, the good news is, is that she’s alive, right? | 好消息是她还活着 对吗 |
[07:35] | When we didn’t hear any news about a ransom, | 我们一直没收到索取赎金的消息 |
[07:37] | we started to think maybe a serial killer. | 所以我们开始认为也许是连环杀手 |
[07:39] | You know, someone who’d just take her and… | 也许是有人把她绑走 然后… |
[07:43] | throw her away. | 又把她抛尸了 |
[07:44] | You know, I… I don’t understand why this is happening to us. | 我不明白我们为什么会遇上这种事 |
[07:47] | We… we live a normal life. | 我们过着普通的生活 |
[07:49] | Small, quiet, we do our work and we go home, that’s it. | 渺小而平静 上班然后回家 仅此而已 |
[07:53] | You own this place, right? | 这是你的公司 对吗 |
[07:54] | Used to. Uh, banks own most of it, now. | 曾经是 现在银行拥有大部分股权 |
[07:57] | Beth and I bought it when we got married. | 我们结婚时买下了它 |
[08:00] | Spent most of my inheritance on it, | 我继承的遗产大部分都花在买它 |
[08:01] | fixing the place up, and now, ten years later, | 和装修上了 现在十年过去了 |
[08:04] | everything’s out of date again. | 所有东西又过时了 |
[08:06] | You guys do post-production for movies? | 你们给电影做后期 |
[08:09] | Local commercials, um, we do color-correction, | 主要是当地广告 我们做颜色修改 |
[08:12] | we rent out editing suites. | 我们出租编辑套件 |
[08:13] | I mean, it’s made us broke, | 这让我们破了产 |
[08:15] | but it hasn’t made us any, like, any enemies. | 但并没给我们招来敌人 |
[08:17] | Everybody we spoke to, they like these folks. | 我们问过的每个人都喜欢他们 |
[08:19] | That’s why we think it was a stranger who scooped her up. | 所以我们认为是陌生人把她绑走了 |
[08:21] | It has to be. | 一定是这样的 |
[08:22] | I-I don’t know anybody as tall as the guy that took her. | 我不认识谁符合绑她的男人的身高 |
[08:26] | The security cameras got everything out back. | 监控拍下了后面发生的一切 |
[08:28] | Did you guys see the footage? | 你们看过监控了吗 |
[08:29] | Just the clip from the news. | 只看了新闻里的剪辑 |
[08:31] | We’d love to take a closer look. | 我们非常希望更近距离看一下 |
[08:33] | I didn’t even think to check these until the next day. | 我直到第二天才想起来查看这些 |
[08:36] | We have the gun pegged as a snub-nosed .22 revolver. | 我们找到了被打歪了的0.22口径左轮手枪 |
[08:38] | Well, that would match the slugs | 那就和我们刚从肯尼斯·托兰的骨头里 |
[08:39] | we just pulled out of Kenneth Tolan’s skull. | 取出的子弹壳相符了 |
[08:42] | This the only angle? | 这是唯一的拍摄角度吗 |
[08:43] | Yeah. We never do get to see the guy’s face. | 是的 我们一直没机会看清这家伙的脸 |
[08:46] | – Oh. Can you freeze it, please? – Yeah. | -你能暂停一下吗 -好 |
[08:49] | What? You catch a reflection or something? | 怎么了 你发现了倒影还是什么 |
[08:51] | No. I don’t think we’re going to be able | 不 我不认为我们能 |
[08:53] | to identify the kidnapper from this angle, | 从这个角度确定绑匪身份 |
[08:54] | but the van… | 但这个面包车 |
[08:57] | The roof… What is that? | 车顶那里 那是什么 |
[08:59] | That thing that looks kind of lumpy there? | 那有点高低不平的一块吗 |
[09:00] | That… you know, I’ve… | 那个 知道吗 我 |
[09:02] | I’ve watched this a thousand times | 我已经看了无数遍了 |
[09:03] | and I always thought it was a shadow | 我一直以为那是块阴影 |
[09:06] | or a smudge on the lens. | 或者是镜头前的污点 |
[09:07] | It’s not. It’s fresh paint over an area that’s been welded. | 不是 那是在焊接处新涂的油漆 |
[09:10] | They had to seal the roof after they removed | 他们必须在卸下可拆式卫星天线后 |
[09:12] | the retractable satellite mast. | 封好车顶 |
[09:14] | This used to be a TV news van. | 这以前是一辆电视新闻面包车 |
[09:16] | Might be able to track it through secondary sales market. | 说不定能在二手市场找到它 |
[09:19] | Where’s the nearest DMV? | 最近的车管局在哪 |
[09:23] | There you are. | 你在这啊 |
[09:25] | Did you get my texts? | 你收到我的短信了吗 |
[09:26] | Marcus is, uh, following up a vehicular lead in New Jersey. | 马库斯顺着车辆线索去了新泽西 |
[09:29] | I would have responded with an update of my own if I had one. | 如果我也有进展我就回你了 |
[09:33] | So no luck at Maple Grove? | 所以枫园那边没有收获吗 |
[09:35] | We wasted a considerable amount of time | 我们浪费了大量时间跟着泥地靴子印 |
[09:36] | tracking a boot print in the mud to a camper who had an alibi. | 找到了一个露营者结果有不在场证明 |
[09:39] | I have photographs if you’d like to see | 我有照片 如果你想看 |
[09:41] | what an 85-year-old man wearing only hiking boots looks like. | 一个85岁的人只穿了靴子是什么样的 |
[09:44] | Uh, I’m good. Maybe later. | 不用了 也许待会看 |
[09:46] | Why don’t you, uh, update me on that Paige thing? | 要不跟我说说佩吉的事有什么进展吧 |
[09:49] | Well, relatively speaking, | 好吧 相对而言 |
[09:50] | it’s a little short on dead nudists and missing women. | 这比裸死的人和失踪的女人要好说一点 |
[09:52] | The scheme here was quite mundane. | 这种诡计非常简单 |
[09:54] | Cataloging it is thin gruel for a mind as lithe as my own. | 分类对我这种敏捷的头脑不过小事一桩 |
[09:58] | So, Paige was right, | 所以 佩吉是对的 |
[10:00] | her doctor’s running a scam? | 她的医生在搞诈骗 |
[10:01] | No, not her doctor. Three of his clerical staff | 不 不是医生 是他的三个文员 |
[10:03] | are double billing insurance companies for prescriptions | 在对保险公司开出处方的双倍价格 |
[10:05] | that they claim are filled on site. | 他们声称是现场填报的 |
[10:07] | Fortunately, Dr. Kiel seems to have been kept in the dark, | 幸运的是 基尔医生似乎毫不知情 |
[10:10] | so I don’t think he’s going to be indicted | 所以我认为等到酿成大祸的时候 |
[10:11] | when, uh, when it hits the fan. | 他不会被起诉 |
[10:18] | Something’s bothering you. | 你有烦心事 |
[10:20] | No. I’m just bored. | 不 我只是无聊 |
[10:21] | No, that’s a different look. | 不 无聊不是这种表情 |
[10:23] | I am troubled. | 我很困扰 |
[10:25] | In order to do this audit, I’ve had to look at Paige’s file. | 为了完成这个审计 我不得已看了佩吉的档案 |
[10:31] | All right. What am I looking for? | 好吧 我要看什么 |
[10:33] | Method of payment. | 支付方式 |
[10:36] | Her insurance lapsed. | 她的保单失效了 |
[10:37] | She was kicked off her plan earlier this year. | 她今年早些时候被终止了医保 |
[10:40] | Last month, she bounced two checks to Dr. Kiel. | 上个月 她给基尔医生的两张支票被拒付了 |
[10:42] | Of late, she’s been charging her treatments to a credit card. | 近来 她在用信用卡支付治疗 |
[10:46] | Teriflunomide. | 多发性硬化症 |
[10:49] | She has to have it, but it is expensive. | 她必须要治 但是非常昂贵 |
[10:51] | Hmm. Non-negotiable in every sense. | 无论如何都没有讨价还价的余地 |
[10:53] | So now you see the two parts to my malaise. | 所以你现在知道我的两处不适了 |
[10:56] | Drudgery and sympathy. | 单调乏味还有同情心泛滥 |
[10:57] | I assume you took the case pro bono | 我猜你接这活是无偿的 |
[10:58] | considering she is the captain’s girlfriend. | 毕竟她是警监的女友 |
[11:00] | I insisted. | 是我坚持的 |
[11:01] | Well, at least you can feel good about helping her out. | 那你至少可以因为帮助她而感觉好一些 |
[11:04] | Well, there you go then. | 那么 归你了 |
[11:06] | Wouldn’t want to monopolize all the good feelings. | 不能独占良好的感觉 |
[11:11] | Captain, any potential witnesses | 警监 在范戴克街或者理查德街 |
[11:13] | on Van Dyke or Richards Street? | 有什么可能的目击者吗 |
[11:15] | Not that I can see, it’s a ghost town over here. | 我没找到 这里是个鬼城 |
[11:17] | Nothing but warehouses and vacants. | 除了仓库和空房什么都没有 |
[11:19] | Congratulations, Marcus, | 恭喜你 马库斯 |
[11:21] | looks like you had the world’s first satisfactory trip | 看来你是世上头一位去车管局 |
[11:22] | to the Department of Motor Vehicles. | 还能满意而归的人 |
[11:24] | Was not expecting them to help you find the van so quickly. | 真没想到他们能这么快帮你找到这车 |
[11:27] | Actually, the sales records were a bust. | 实际上 销售记录完全没用 |
[11:30] | Paperwork might be filed, | 文件可能有 |
[11:31] | but it hasn’t been put in the system yet. | 但还没有归类到系统中 |
[11:32] | So how did you come to invite us here? | 那你怎么找到这里的 |
[11:34] | I found an online classified | 我在网上看到了一个分类广告 |
[11:36] | hawking an old news van for sale in Camden, New Jersey. | 想在新泽西的卡姆登卖一辆老新闻车 |
[11:42] | Did you call the seller? | 你给卖家打电话了吗 |
[11:44] | That was a dead end, too. | 那条线索也是断的 |
[11:45] | Our guy did the deal over e-mail. | 这家伙人通过电子邮件交易 |
[11:47] | Transfer of title was under a fake name. | 转账名称是个假名 |
[11:50] | Oh, so how’d you track the van down? | 那你是怎么找到车的 |
[11:52] | Via the EZ Pass, I imagine, yeah? | 我猜是通过快速通行卡吧 |
[11:55] | I had the MTA ping it as soon as I saw the ad. | 我看到广告就立刻让纽约交管局定位了 |
[11:57] | It was listed along with new tires and low mileage. | 它跟新轮胎和低英里数被列在一起的 |
[12:00] | This close to the highway, transponders like that one | 这里离公路很近 这种转发器 |
[12:03] | work as well as LoJack. | 能当做定位系统用 |
[12:04] | I spread the canvas out a little wider, | 我把范围又扩大了一些 |
[12:06] | but I don’t think we’re gonna find anyone that saw anything. | 但我觉得我们找不到什么目击者 |
[12:09] | Department hasn’t sent a car out this way | 消防局没有向这边派过车 |
[12:11] | for any vehicle fires. | 没有车辆起火警报 |
[12:13] | So no one saw him torch the van. | 所以没人看到他烧车 |
[12:16] | It was raining the night of the murder. | 杀人那晚下着雨 |
[12:17] | Probably not a lot of foot traffic out here | 这边估计也没有多少行人 |
[12:19] | if he ditched it after he shot Kenneth Tolan. | 如果他是在枪击肯尼斯·托兰后遗弃的话 |
[12:21] | I think they might’ve divested themselves of the van | 我想他们可能是在绑架斯通女士不久后 |
[12:23] | shortly after abducting Mrs. Stone. | 就将车抛弃掉了 |
[12:26] | The wealth of needles back here suggests that an addict | 这里遍布的针头说明有一位瘾君子 |
[12:28] | camped out here for about five days. | 在这里扎营了大概五天 |
[12:30] | Then he’s way ahead of us. | 那他早无迹可寻了 |
[12:32] | Maybe not. | 也许不是 |
[12:34] | You don’t think there’s fingerprints on this thing? | 你不会认为这上边能有指纹吧 |
[12:38] | Maybe digital ones. | 也许有数码的 |
[12:42] | This SIM is from a disposable phone. | 这张卡来自一部一次性手机 |
[12:44] | Was only used three times. | 之前只用了三次 |
[12:46] | All three calls were made the day | 所有三通电话都是在 |
[12:47] | after your wife was taken. | 你妻子那天被绑后打出的 |
[12:49] | All three were to your cell phone. | 所有三次都是打给你手机的 |
[12:51] | You didn’t tell anyone that the kidnappers made contact. | 你没提过绑匪联络过你 |
[12:54] | Normally, that would look bad for you, | 通常情况下 这会让你陷入麻烦 |
[12:56] | but you’ve been an open book with the Nassau County PD, | 但你很一直配合纳苏县警局的工作 |
[12:59] | so we have to ask… | 所以我们要问问… |
[13:02] | were you told not to say anything? | 你是不是被指令不要说出来 |
[13:04] | It’s a simple question, Mr. Stone. | 这是个简单的问题 斯通先生 |
[13:05] | Is this a ransom situation? | 这是绑架勒索吗 |
[13:08] | – We can’t be having this conversation. – Cops… | -我们不能谈论这些 -警察 |
[13:11] | reporters, everybody watching your interviews on the news, | 记者 所有人都看着你在新闻中受采访 |
[13:14] | you let them all think this was done by some crazy person. | 你让他们所有人认为这是某个疯子干的 |
[13:17] | There’s been a lot of time and energy put into profiling this guy | 为了分析这个人 耗费了不少时间和人力 |
[13:20] | that could’ve been better spent finding your wife. | 这些本来能更好地用来寻找你妻子 |
[13:22] | What choice did I have? | 我能怎么办 |
[13:25] | He said if I came forward, that… | 他说如果我说出来 那… |
[13:27] | that I would never see her again. | 那我就再也见不到她了 |
[13:28] | Well, you didn’t go to the police. We came to you. | 但你没找警察 是我们找上你的 |
[13:30] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[13:32] | There’s nothing that I could say that will help you. | 没有什么我能说的可以帮助你们 |
[13:35] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[13:35] | Why don’t you take a break from deciding | 不如你别费心纠结 |
[13:37] | what the police need to know and just tell us everything? | 警察需要知道什么了吧 告诉我们一切就好 |
[13:39] | We can keep this out of the media. | 我们可以不告诉媒体 |
[13:43] | He… his voice was disguised. | 他 他的声音做过伪装 |
[13:44] | That’s-that’s it. That’s… | 只有这个 就是… |
[13:46] | look, there’s still time to get him what he wants. | 你看 还有时间满足他想要的 |
[13:49] | I-I can, I can handle this. | 我可 我可以处理这事 |
[13:50] | You have time to get him what? | 你有时间满足他的什么需求 |
[13:52] | How did he disguise his voice? | 他是怎么伪装声音的 |
[13:55] | Wh-What timetable did he give you? | 他给了你多少时间 |
[13:59] | Were you allowed to speak to your wife? | 他允许你和你妻子说话吗 |
[14:01] | We’re not gonna do this right now. | 现在不说这些了 |
[14:04] | I’d like you to leave my house, please. | 我希望你们离开我家 请吧 |
[14:11] | Mr. Stone, I’ve worked dozens of kidnap cases. | 斯通先生 我处理过很多绑架案件 |
[14:14] | I’m not asking you to rely on my, uh, | 我不是要求您完全只依赖于我的 |
[14:16] | experience and judgment alone. | 经验和判断 |
[14:18] | By now, you must have researched how often these, uh, | 到现在 你一定也调查过有多少这种案件 |
[14:21] | come to a happy conclusion. | 最终能皆大欢喜的 |
[14:22] | I just do what I’m told. | 我只是照着指令做 |
[14:24] | Every additional hour that Beth is held, | 贝丝被关押的每一个小时 |
[14:26] | the chances increase that she will observe something | 都会增加她观察到某些东西的机会 |
[14:28] | which will help her to identify her abductor, | 也许能帮助她指认绑架者 |
[14:31] | so the chances decrease that he will allow her | 所以他让她活着出来说话的几率 |
[14:33] | to live to tell the tale. | 也会随之减少 |
[14:35] | It’s already been a week. | 这已经过去一周了 |
[14:37] | If you ever see your wife alive again, | 如果你还能再见到你妻子的话 |
[14:39] | it will almost certainly be because we found her. | 那几乎可以肯定是因为我们找到了她 |
[14:43] | Then good luck to us all. | 那就祝我们大家都好运吧 |
[14:59] | – How’s that looking? – The cyan values | -怎么样 -青色值 |
[15:01] | are turned up too high. Everyone looks like a Smurf. | 调得太过了 看上去像蓝精灵似的 |
[15:03] | Dennis Karig, | 丹尼斯·凯里格 |
[15:04] | you’re Aaron Stone’s second-in-command, are you not? | 你是亚伦·斯通的副手 对吧 |
[15:07] | Yeah. Who are you? | 对 你是谁 |
[15:08] | I’m Sherlock Holmes. | 我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[15:09] | I’d like a word. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[15:10] | So, the guy who took Beth, he did it for money? | 绑架贝丝的那人 是为了要钱吗 |
[15:12] | Well, yes, money is one possibility… | 是的 要钱是一种可能 |
[15:15] | but he may have another type of ransom in mind. | 但他可能是要另一种形式的赎金 |
[15:17] | I mean, I can’t tell you because your employer won’t tell us. | 我没法告诉你 因为你老板不告诉我 |
[15:19] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:20] | Well, he’s not cooperating with us. | 他不跟我们合作 |
[15:22] | So, my colleagues and I are… | 所以 我的同事和我都在 |
[15:25] | asking around in the hope that he confided | 四处打听 希望他把一些事 |
[15:27] | some salient detail to someone close to him. | 跟他亲近的人说过 |
[15:29] | I’m his best friend and he hasn’t told me a thing. | 我是他最好的朋友 可他什么都没跟我说过 |
[15:32] | That’s unfortunate. | 真不幸 |
[15:34] | I mean, he thinks he’s playing it safe | 他觉得服从绑匪的命令 |
[15:36] | by following instructions. | 是在保护他妻子 |
[15:38] | Beth could be killed, | 无论他付不付赎金 |
[15:39] | whether he pays the ransom or not. | 贝丝都有可能会被杀死 |
[15:41] | It’s possible that… | 有可能 |
[15:43] | that might not bother him as much as it would you. | 你会比他更上心这件事 |
[15:46] | What the hell is that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[15:47] | We learned from his financials | 我们从他的经济方面了解到 |
[15:49] | that he recently consulted a divorce attorney. | 他最近正在咨询离婚律师 |
[15:51] | The invoice references analysis | 发票上写着是为了分析 |
[15:52] | of a prenuptial agreement, so… | 婚前协议 所以 |
[15:54] | I mean, I’m trying to decide whether I’m being impeded | 我是在想到底是谁在阻碍我 |
[15:56] | by a fearful imbecile or by someone | 是一个可怕的蠢货 还是一个 |
[15:59] | who wishes to save on alimony. | 不想付赡养费的人 |
[16:01] | You think he wants the kidnapper to kill her? | 你觉得他想让绑匪杀了她吗 |
[16:04] | No. | 不 |
[16:06] | No way. | 绝不可能 |
[16:09] | Have Aaron and Beth had a rough go at it lately? | 亚伦和贝丝最近吵得很凶吗 |
[16:12] | Yes, they fight about this place, | 是的 他们为了这个地方吵架 |
[16:14] | the money it loses. | 赔了很多钱 |
[16:15] | And just a few weeks ago, they sent out invites | 但在几周前 他们还发出了 |
[16:17] | to an anniversary party next month. | 下个月的婚姻周年派对邀请 |
[16:30] | 贝丝和亚伦 结婚十周年派对 | |
[16:33] | Ten years is tin, not diamonds. | 结婚十年是锡婚 不是水晶婚 |
[16:36] | This is Beth’s handwriting, not Aaron’s. | 这是贝丝手写的 不是亚伦写的 |
[16:39] | Perhaps she’s still in love and he isn’t. | 可能她还爱着他 但他不爱了 |
[16:41] | Look… | 听我说 |
[16:42] | if this is really a kidnap for ransom, | 如果这次绑架真是为了赎金 |
[16:45] | I am sure Aaron is scrambling like crazy | 我敢肯定亚伦一定在 |
[16:47] | to get the money together. | 想尽一切办法凑钱 |
[16:49] | He probably would have sold this place by now | 如果不是这个地方全被抵押出去了 |
[16:50] | if it wasn’t mortgaged to the hilt. | 他可能早就把这里卖了 |
[16:52] | He’d do anything for Beth. | 他会为了贝丝不惜一切 |
[16:55] | If you say so. | 好吧 |
[17:01] | Just so you know, I’m… I’m gonna tell Aaron | 那个 我会告诉亚伦 |
[17:03] | that you and your friends are here snooping around. | 你和你的朋友在四处打探 |
[17:05] | Yes, you do what you feel you must. | 好的 你觉得该怎么做就怎么做吧 |
[17:08] | But… she’s your friend, too, no? | 不过 她也是你的朋友 对吧 |
[17:10] | So, please, ask yourself: | 所以 你问问自己 |
[17:11] | is Aaron really acting in her best interest? | 亚伦这么做真是为了她好吗 |
[17:17] | Thanks very much. | 谢谢 |
[17:20] | This is Bruce Daniels. | 这位是布鲁斯·丹尼尔斯 |
[17:21] | He produces local commercials. | 他是本地的广告商 |
[17:24] | You are close to Aaron Stone? | 你跟亚伦·斯通熟吗 |
[17:25] | No, no, no, I’m just here a lot. | 不 不熟 我只是经常来这 |
[17:27] | I rent out an editing bay whenever I need one. | 我有需要的时候会在这租一间剪接房 |
[17:29] | I just told her a couple weeks ago, | 我刚刚跟她说几周前 |
[17:31] | I was cutting 30 seconds | 我在给「舒适时间床垫」 |
[17:32] | for Comfort Time Mattress. | 剪一段半分钟的片子 |
[17:33] | They got a new location over on Brand. | 他们在布兰德找了一个新地方 |
[17:35] | I overheard Aaron in Bay Three | 我不小心听到亚伦在三号房里 |
[17:37] | really screaming on the phone, | 对着电话大喊大叫 |
[17:38] | which is weird for him. | 他从来不这样 |
[17:40] | Right, but you didn’t know | 是的 可你不知道 |
[17:41] | – what he was referring to. – No, but it sounded like | -他在说什么 -是的 不过听上去像是 |
[17:43] | he couldn’t agree with somebody about what to do | 他跟另一个人关于一段30年的电影片段 |
[17:45] | with this 30-year-old film footage they had processed. | 该怎么处理的意见不统一 |
[17:48] | There was something pretty heavy | 应该是这段八毫米的电影胶片中 |
[17:50] | on this eight millimeter film strip, I guess. | 有一些内容非常重要 |
[17:53] | Right, and then you overheard Aaron saying that he was ready | 好 然后你听到亚伦说他准备 |
[17:55] | to show it to the guy who was in it and that the guy would pay. | 给视频里面的人看 而那人就会付钱 |
[17:58] | You think it was blackmail material? | 你觉得这是用来勒索的 |
[18:00] | It was two days before the kidnapping. | 就发生在绑架前两天 |
[18:03] | That’s all you know? | 你就知道这么多了吗 |
[18:04] | Yeah, I mind my own business. | 是 我不管闲事 |
[18:06] | Hey, listen, is that accent legit? | 你那是平时的正常口音吗 |
[18:09] | ‘Cause I could get you some work in radio. | 我能给你在电台找份工作 |
[18:11] | I got a jewelry store looking for a touch of class. | 有家珠宝店想增添点品味 |
[18:14] | It pays. | 他们付钱 |
[18:16] | Uh, pass. | 不用了 |
[18:18] | All right, well… | 好吧 |
[18:19] | in case you change your mind. | 万一你改变主意的话 |
[18:21] | Beth always seemed real nice. | 贝丝看上去人很好 |
[18:23] | I hope you guys find her. | 希望你们能找到她 |
[18:28] | Well, uh, it would be nice to… | 如果能看到他争执的 |
[18:31] | get a look at that eight-millimeter film | 那卷八毫米胶片 |
[18:33] | he was yelling about. | 就太好了 |
[18:36] | I doubt we’ll get a warrant on hearsay evidence. | 我们怕是没法凭道听途说的证据申请到搜查令 |
[18:39] | Yeah, I doubt it, too. | 怕是不行 |
[18:42] | Uh, Marcus is going to be interviewing | 马库斯要再询问 |
[18:45] | the equipment manager for a few more minutes. | 设备经理一会儿 |
[18:48] | Yeah, why don’t you join him? | 要不你去跟他一起吧 |
[18:49] | It would be good if that interview wasn’t rushed. | 如果能慢慢来就再好不过了 |
[19:05] | I don’t think this is gonna work– | 我觉得这不行 |
[19:06] | we’re gonna have to go through everything | 我们得逐一看过 |
[19:07] | on this drive one file at a time. | 这硬盘上的所有文件 |
[19:09] | And spend seven times as long watching | 还要花7倍的时间看 |
[19:11] | B-roll of sandwich shop commercials? I think not. | 三明治店广告的备用带吗 不行 |
[19:14] | Say we’re right. | 假设我们是对的 |
[19:16] | Aaron found a piece of film that is blackmail-worthy. | 亚伦发现了胶片里有值得拿来勒索的内容 |
[19:19] | Only the person he was trying to extort | 只是他试图敲诈的人 |
[19:21] | turned the tables on him and kidnapped Beth. | 夺回主动权绑架了贝丝 |
[19:23] | If the footage is here, I’m gonna miss it. | 如果画面在这 我肯定看不到了 |
[19:25] | After I have an epileptic fit. | 因为我要癫痫发作了 |
[19:27] | You find this uncomfortable because your retinas | 你觉得这种不适是因为你的视网膜 |
[19:29] | are bouncing between three different screens at once. | 同时徘徊于三块屏幕之间 |
[19:31] | So? You’re covering four. | 所以呢 你还同时看四块呢 |
[19:33] | No. I’m staring at a fixed point past the screens, | 不 我盯着屏幕外的一个定点 |
[19:36] | letting my peripheral vision | 让我的余光 |
[19:37] | alert me to anything suspicious. | 提醒我有没有什么可疑的 |
[19:39] | You could’ve mentioned this technique 15 minutes ago. | 你15分钟前就该告诉我这个技巧 |
[19:42] | – Screen six. There it was. – There what was? | -六号屏幕 在那 -什么在那 |
[19:45] | You used to be such a patient person. | 你以前多耐心 |
[19:49] | So, pay no attention to the young man | 别看着想要罚球的 |
[19:50] | attempting the free throw. | 年轻人 |
[19:51] | Look at the two figures in the deep background. | 看看背景深处的两个人 |
[19:56] | Oh, there’s no way he lived through that. | 他不可能活下来 |
[19:57] | This video features the same teenager | 这段视频里的年轻人 |
[19:59] | as several that preceded it. | 在这一刀之后又挨了几刀 |
[20:01] | Obviously, his family brought in their old film | 显然 他的家人把他们这段老胶片 |
[20:04] | to Stone Post for digitization. | 带到斯通后期来电子化 |
[20:07] | So I doubt they knew what they had. | 我觉得他们并不知道自己拍到了什么 |
[20:08] | Aaron obviously did. | 亚伦显然知道 |
[20:10] | Seems like he’s blown it up to get a better look. | 看起来他放大了看仔细 |
[20:12] | He’s looped it, zoomed in. Very presentational. | 他做了循环播放 放大 很有展示性 |
[20:15] | Maybe he did it to show the killer. | 或许他是为了给杀手看 |
[20:18] | If he figured out who it was, | 如果他知道了这是谁 |
[20:20] | this would definitely be blackmail-worthy. | 那肯定值得勒索 |
[20:23] | All the signs indicate that Aaron did determine who it was. | 所有的现象表明亚伦的确发现了是谁 |
[20:27] | But how? All we have is a face in the crowd | 但怎么会 我们只有一段30年前的胶片里 |
[20:29] | of a 30-year-old snippet of film. | 人群中的一张脸 |
[20:31] | So I’m at a loss as to where to begin. | 我对于从哪开始毫无头绪 |
[20:36] | The victim’s name is Quentin Latham, | 被害者叫昆汀·莱瑟姆 |
[20:37] | and I think the guy stabbing him is one of the Dinacios. | 我觉得捅他的人是迪纳西奥家族的一员 |
[20:41] | The crime family. | 黑帮世家 |
[20:43] | This is the victim. No question. | 这是受害者 毫无疑问 |
[20:45] | Quentin Latham was a big union leader. | 昆汀·莱瑟姆是出名的工会领袖 |
[20:47] | A reformer. He clashed with the Mob. | 一名改革家 他和黑帮有冲突 |
[20:49] | And then he took an eight-inch buck knife to the solar plexus. | 然后他被八英寸的猎鹿刀直捅腹腔神经丛 |
[20:52] | Well, they didn’t know that back then. | 他们那时候还不知道 |
[20:54] | He just fell off the map in 1987. | 他1987年消失了 |
[20:57] | Two years later, his bones showed up in a box | 两年后 他的尸骨出现在 |
[20:59] | outside the Local 127. | 蓝领工会外的箱子里 |
[21:01] | All the big families denied it, but the message was clear. | 大家族都否认了 但信息却很清楚 |
[21:06] | What? | 什么 |
[21:06] | You’re always keen to hear stories | 你总喜欢听我说 |
[21:08] | about my unusual childhood, | 我不同寻常的童年 |
[21:09] | but I didn’t think I had anything on you. | 但我对你一无所知 |
[21:11] | Who follows Mafia exploits | 谁会在小学的时候 |
[21:12] | with such zeal in grade school? | 就如此热衷于黑帮劣迹啊 |
[21:14] | Well, I also collected stickers. | 我还收集贴纸呢 |
[21:16] | All right, so… | 好了 那么… |
[21:18] | Here we go. | 找到了 |
[21:19] | 前进资产公司 皮特·迪纳西奥 | |
[21:20] | This is the same guy in that home video, right? | 这就是那个家庭录像上的人 对吧 |
[21:21] | Peter Dinacio? | 皮特·迪纳西奥 |
[21:22] | He’s Micki the Don’s nephew. | 他是黑帮老大米奇的侄子 |
[21:25] | This Web site fairly reeks | 这个网站明显散发着 |
[21:26] | of a boiler room pumping and dumping penny stocks. | 拉高股价出货的恶臭 |
[21:29] | The SEC has been after him for years. | 证交会查了他好几年 |
[21:30] | I remember reading something about it in the paper last year. | 我记得去年在报纸上看过一篇文章 |
[21:33] | He’s been really hard to catch, but he’s going down today. | 一直抓不到他 但现在他逃不了了 |
[21:36] | I cannot believe we solved Quentin Latham. | 真不敢相信我们解决了昆汀·莱瑟姆的案子 |
[21:39] | – The captain is gonna freak. – Going to have to hear about | -警监肯定会很吃惊 -我只能听你转述 |
[21:41] | this “Freaking” secondhand. | 他有多「吃惊」了 |
[21:42] | I promised Paige I would meet her and review my findings. | 我答应了佩吉要跟她面谈我调查的结果 |
[21:45] | – Are you sure? – Quite. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[21:46] | Your childhood fetish | 你的童年爱好 |
[21:47] | is bearing fruit, Watson– go and enjoy it. | 终于开花结果了 华生 好好享受吧 |
[21:54] | So, as you can see, Emily Berkus was the mastermind. | 如你所见 艾米丽·博克斯是幕后主使 |
[21:56] | Started double filing | 去年十月开始重复提交 |
[21:57] | those depakote prescriptions last October. | 这些丙戊酸钠处方 |
[21:59] | Ariana Rodriguez joined in the fun | 亚丽安娜·罗德里格斯在几个月后 |
[22:01] | a couple of months later, | 也参与其中 |
[22:02] | and promptly expanded the insurance fraud | 并将单胺氧化酶抑制剂也加入了 |
[22:04] | to include the, uh, MAOI inhibitors. | 保险诈骗的范围内 |
[22:07] | Well, that explains her diamond tennis bracelet. | 那就能解释她的钻石手链是哪来的了 |
[22:09] | Your instincts are quite keen. | 你的直觉很准 |
[22:11] | I can see why the captain likes you. | 我明白警监为什么会喜欢你了 |
[22:13] | So now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[22:14] | Now, I send this file– | 我会将这份文件 |
[22:17] | anonymously, of course– to a friend of a friend | 匿名寄给一个朋友的朋友 |
[22:20] | at the DOJ’s Health Care Fraud Unit. | 他在司法部的医疗欺诈部门工作 |
[22:22] | Justice should be swift. | 正义会得到伸张 |
[22:24] | I do believe your doctor will be spared, as I said. | 我认为你的医生应该会没事 |
[22:27] | There is no hint of evidence that he was aware. | 没有证据表明他知道此事 |
[22:30] | Good. I’m glad. | 那就好 |
[22:32] | Because it’s easier for him to find | 因为他再找一个 |
[22:34] | some honest people to work the front desk | 诚实的前台 |
[22:35] | than it is for me to find a new neurologist. | 比我再找一个神经科医生要容易得多 |
[22:39] | Well, I think that concludes our business. | 那我们的业务就结束了 |
[22:40] | I-I would like to ask you… | 我想问问你 |
[22:43] | what are your intentions towards the captain? | 你对警监有什么打算 |
[22:45] | Oh, I’m gonna tell him all of this. | 我会把一切都告诉他 |
[22:47] | I just didn’t want to put him in a spot in case I was wrong. | 只是不想在事情还没确定之前把他卷进来 |
[22:49] | I meant more broadly in terms of your future together. | 我是说你们的未来 |
[22:52] | What are your intentions? | 你有什么打算 |
[22:54] | Are you asking me if I’m gonna make an honest man of him? | 你是在问我会不会跟他结婚吗 |
[22:57] | Is he aware you’re going broke? | 他知不知道你就要破产了 |
[23:01] | I’m not going broke. | 我没有破产 |
[23:02] | Your billing files suggest otherwise. | 你的账单可不是这样显示的 |
[23:04] | I was just wondering, | 我只是想知道 |
[23:05] | is the captain going to come to your aid? | 警监会帮助你吗 |
[23:09] | I think we’re done here. | 我们没什么好说的了 |
[23:10] | All I wish to know… | 我只是想知道… |
[23:11] | If you’re asking me whether I’m gonna | 如果你是想问我会不会 |
[23:12] | bilk Tommy for money, I’m not. | 骗汤米的钱 我不会 |
[23:15] | I know you said you wanted to do this job pro bono, | 我知道你说过你是无偿服务 |
[23:17] | but you can expect a check in the mail. | 但我会给你支票 |
[23:19] | You earned it. You did the work. | 你应得的 毕竟你完成了工作 |
[23:23] | Tommy was right about you. | 汤米说的没错 |
[23:24] | You’re very good… at the work. | 你非常擅长…你的工作 |
[23:30] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[23:31] | I know my damn rights. | 我知道我的权利 |
[23:34] | I want to know why you’re here. | 我想知道你们为什么来 |
[23:35] | Well, a lot of answers to that question, Mr. Dinacio. | 这问题有很多答案 迪纳西奥先生 |
[23:39] | You’ve been awfully busy. | 你可是个大忙人 |
[23:40] | We know that almost 30 years ago, | 我们知道大概30年前 |
[23:42] | you stabbed Quentin Latham. | 你捅死了昆汀·莱瑟姆 |
[23:43] | We also want to talk to you about the kidnapping | 我们还想跟你谈谈 |
[23:45] | of Beth Stone, | 贝丝·斯通的绑架案 |
[23:46] | the shooting of Kenneth Tolan at Maple Grove Campground, | 肯尼斯·托兰在枫园营地被枪杀一案 |
[23:48] | and why you think… | 以及你为什么认为… |
[23:49] | Hold on, hon. | 等等 亲爱的 |
[23:50] | Back up. Look, I don’t know anything about Beth Stone | 往后倒一点 我不知道什么贝丝·斯通 |
[23:52] | or any campground, but I think I do know | 也不知道什么营地 但我应该知道 |
[23:55] | how you got confused about Latham. | 你们为什么把莱瑟姆的事搞错了 |
[23:57] | Well, you’ll have all the time in the world | 你有的是时间 |
[23:59] | to explain it to us. Come on. | 向我们解释 走吧 |
[24:01] | You don’t get it. Before you take me downtown, | 你不明白 你带我走之前 |
[24:03] | there’s something I got to show you. Please. | 我有东西要给你们看 拜托了 |
[24:06] | Incredible, isn’t it? | 很不可思议吧 |
[24:08] | It’s just the best. | 简直太棒了 |
[24:11] | Guys, come on. | 拜托 |
[24:13] | That’s not me. | 那不是我 |
[24:14] | Mr. Dinacio, | 迪纳西奥先生 |
[24:16] | are you trying to set up an insanity plea? | 你是想以精神失常作为申诉理由吗 |
[24:19] | About a month ago, these two guys– Aaron and Dennis– | 大概一个月前 亚伦和丹尼斯 |
[24:21] | they came in here, they were looking for an angel investor. | 他们来到这里 寻找天使投资人 |
[24:24] | Aaron Stone and Dennis Karig | 斯通后期制作公司的 |
[24:26] | of Stone Post Production? | 亚伦·斯通和丹尼斯·凯里格吗 |
[24:28] | Yeah. Shame about Aaron’s wife, | 是的 亚伦妻子的事真是遗憾 |
[24:31] | but I’ve been keeping a good thought. | 但我一直希望她能没事 |
[24:32] | They wanted start-up money? | 他们来申请启动资金吗 |
[24:34] | Not exactly our bag. | 他们不算我们的目标客户 |
[24:36] | But they were maxed out with the banks, | 可他们已经从银行那借不出钱了 |
[24:38] | they’re looking for 800 grand at any rate I name. | 他们想要八十万 不介意利率 |
[24:40] | I said I’d take the meeting. | 我答应跟他们见一面 |
[24:42] | What was the money for? | 他们要用钱做什么 |
[24:44] | For this, for what you’re looking at. | 做这个 你眼前的这段视频 |
[24:45] | CGI, baby. | 电脑图像合成 |
[24:47] | These two… they had this app or whatever. | 这两个人 他们好像有个应用程序 |
[24:49] | They said it makes it so you could do Titanic on your laptop. | 他们说能用这程序在电脑上做出泰坦尼克特效 |
[24:52] | I wasn’t buying it. | 我当时还不相信 |
[24:54] | So, you expect us to believe that this footage | 所以 你是想让我们相信 |
[24:56] | of you killing Quentin Latham is fake, | 这段你刺杀昆汀·莱瑟姆的视频是假的 |
[24:58] | that this is some sort of audition reel | 这是他们为了说服你 |
[25:00] | to convince you to invest in their CGI company? | 投资电脑图像合成公司而制作的样片 |
[25:03] | They said I could pick anything. | 他们说我可以随意选 |
[25:05] | I knew my uncles would get a kick out of this. | 我知道我叔叔很喜欢这样的 |
[25:08] | Look, you don’t have to believe me. | 你们可以不相信我 |
[25:09] | I got plenty to back me up in that drawer there. | 但我抽屉里的东西足以证明我的清白 |
[25:12] | Go ahead. | 打开吧 |
[25:20] | They changed our faces later. | 他们之后还替换了我们的面部 |
[25:21] | The whole thing took, like, an hour. | 整个过程也就花了一小时吧 |
[25:23] | Those guys are geniuses, I’m telling you. | 我跟你们说 那俩家伙真是天才 |
[25:25] | Thank my lucky stars they came to me. | 感谢老天让他们找到了我 |
[25:28] | We’re all gonna be worth about a gazillion dollars. | 我们肯定会大捞一笔的 |
[25:36] | Uncuff him. | 给他解拷 |
[25:39] | This might explain why someone would ransom the wife | 这也许能解释清 为什么一个身无分文的人 |
[25:43] | of a man who is flat broke. | 能赎回自己的妻子 |
[25:45] | Kidnapper could have been after this software? | 绑架者的目的难道是这软件 |
[25:48] | Or a cut of the profits. | 或是利益分成 |
[25:51] | Did you tell a lot of people in your family about this program? | 你跟家族里的很多人提过这个项目吗 |
[25:53] | I told you, that’s who it was for. | 我说了 目的就是让大家都看到 |
[25:55] | How many people actually saw it? | 有多少人看过这段视频 |
[25:58] | They showed some people. | 他们给一部分人看过 |
[25:59] | Those people showed some other people. | 那部分人再展示给其他人 |
[26:01] | I guess you could say it went viral. | 基本上已经传开了 |
[26:03] | But, you know, only in our thing. | 但也只是在我们的圈子内 |
[26:06] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[26:08] | Only in his thing. | 只在他们圈子内 |
[26:10] | That means our list of suspects just grew | 这就意味着 我们的嫌疑人名单 |
[26:12] | by only a few hundred mobsters. | 又多了几百个流氓 |
[26:36] | Was that “Gimme Some Lovin'”? | 是「给我一点爱」吗 |
[26:38] | Good ear. | 听力不错 |
[26:40] | This might be the most disturbing way | 这可能是你用过的 |
[26:43] | you’ve ever woken me up. | 最闹心的叫醒方式了 |
[26:45] | You know Steve Winwood wrote that song | 你知道史蒂夫·温伍德创作这首歌时 |
[26:46] | at the tender age of 18? | 只有十八岁吗 |
[26:48] | That’s neat… I guess. | 那应该很棒吧 |
[26:50] | I didn’t know you were a fan. | 我不知道你还对他感兴趣 |
[26:51] | Oh, I do appreciate his oeuvre, but that’s not the reason | 我是很喜欢他的歌 但还不足以成为 |
[26:53] | for my pop music reveille. | 我的流行音乐起床曲 |
[26:56] | I’ve had a breakthrough in the case. | 我找到这案子的突破口了 |
[26:59] | Can you not do that? I have a system! | 能别乱翻吗 我都排好序了 |
[27:01] | Slumbering under a pile of aged Mafiosos? | 你居然睡在一群上了岁数的黑手党下面 |
[27:04] | These are suspects. | 他们都是嫌疑人 |
[27:05] | They are all innocent | 他们都没有 |
[27:06] | of kidnap and murder. | 绑架和谋杀 |
[27:08] | At least in the respective cases of Beth Stone and Kenneth Tolan. | 至少不是贝丝·斯通和肯尼斯·托兰案嫌疑人 |
[27:11] | Today, we turn our sights on Dennis Karig. | 今天 我们要把目光转向丹尼斯·凯里格 |
[27:16] | Aaron’s partner? | 亚伦的合伙人吗 |
[27:17] | His friend and employee. | 他的朋友兼雇员 |
[27:18] | I told you last night, the current theory | 我昨晚跟你说了 现有思路是 |
[27:20] | is that Beth was abducted | 贝丝是因凯里格写的 |
[27:22] | over CGI software written by Karig. | 电脑图像合成软件而被绑架 |
[27:26] | He did not need to abduct his friend’s wife | 他没必要绑架他朋友的妻子 |
[27:27] | to get his hands on it. | 把自己牵扯进来 |
[27:28] | It’s sitting on his computer. | 软件就在他电脑里 |
[27:29] | His computer at work. | 工作用的电脑 |
[27:32] | That’s an important distinction. | 这是有很大区别的 |
[27:34] | Have a look at the employee contract | 你看斯通后期制作公司的 |
[27:35] | 《劳动合同》 姓名 丹尼斯·凯里格 斯通后期制作公司 | |
[27:35] | from Stone Post Productions. | 劳动合同 |
[27:37] | Just give me the highlights. | 直接说重点就得了 |
[27:39] | I pulled that from the hard drive we got at Stone Post. | 这合同就在斯通后期制作公司的硬盘里 |
[27:41] | It’s fairly standard in that it lays legal claim | 合同条款中规定 合同签署人 |
[27:43] | to the work product and intellectual property | 在使用工作成果和知识产权时 |
[27:45] | generated by the undersigned employee. | 要依法进行请求 |
[27:48] | So Karig’s software developed on the job does not belong to him. | 这么说 凯里格为公司研发的软件不属于他 |
[27:50] | It belongs to Aaron Stone. | 而属于亚伦·斯通 |
[27:52] | What if Mr. Karig was having trouble | 会不会是凯里格先生 |
[27:54] | motivating his friend to share in the expected proceeds? | 在跟他朋友谈分成的时候谈崩了 |
[27:57] | That’s a possible motive, but you seem pretty certain. | 那只是一个可能 但你看起来很肯定 |
[28:00] | Because of Mr. Karig’s taste in music. | 因为凯里格先生的音乐品味 |
[28:02] | He’s an avid curator of play lists, | 他喜欢在音乐网站分享 |
[28:05] | which he shares via streaming services. | 他创设的播放列表 |
[28:07] | He relies heavily on the work of Steve Winwood. | 他很喜欢史提夫·温伍德的作品 |
[28:10] | Hence the little concert. | 刚才的小型音乐会原来是因为这个 |
[28:11] | Think about it. You might recall | 好好想想 你也许还记得 |
[28:14] | where you’ve heard another one of his songs very recently. | 你最近在哪听过他的另一首歌 |
[28:24] | So who’s Karig working with? | 所以凯里格和谁合作 |
[28:26] | Where’d he find the big goon | 他从哪儿找来的大个子打手 |
[28:27] | that stuck Beth in the van? | 和他一起把贝丝装进了货车里 |
[28:29] | Actually, I don’t think the goon was that big after all. | 实际上 我认为那个打手并没有那么大 |
[28:32] | Maybe we have different ideas of big, but this guy… | 也许我们对大小看法不同 但这个人 |
[28:38] | …is Karig. Of course. | 当然是凯里格 |
[28:41] | He wrote cutting-edge software that manipulates pixels. | 他编写改变像素的尖端软件 |
[28:44] | We’ve been looking at his handiwork this whole time. | 我们一直在找他的作品 |
[28:46] | So he stretches himself a foot taller, | 所以他可以轻易把自己拉长 |
[28:48] | adds 40 pounds, no problem. | 并增加40磅 |
[28:50] | Oh, maybe one problem. | 也许有一个问题 |
[28:51] | He altered his size, but not his shape. Look. | 他改变了体重 但没变体型 看这里 |
[28:56] | The kidnapper has sloped shoulders. | 绑架者是斜肩 |
[28:58] | They’re hunched just like Dennis Karig’s. | 形状和丹尼斯·凯里格的一样 |
[29:01] | It’s not proof, but it’s a start. | 虽然不算证据 但也是个开始 |
[29:03] | We should have CCS have a look at this. | 我们应该让鉴证科仔细鉴定这个 |
[29:05] | They might be able to tell the file’s been tweaked. | 他们应该能证明视频被调整过 |
[29:07] | We could try, but that would take time, | 我们可以 但那需要很长时间 |
[29:10] | and we have a missing woman out there. | 而现在我们还有个失踪的女人没有找到 |
[29:12] | We told the captain that we should hit Karig with this | 我们告诉警监应该尽快 |
[29:14] | as soon as possible. | 用这个证据试探凯里格 |
[29:20] | Yeah. Well, thanks for the heads up. We’ll be ready. | 好的 谢谢提醒 我们会准备的 |
[29:23] | That was Gleason. | 是格里森 |
[29:24] | He and Crawford just scooped up Dennis Karig. | 他和克劳福德正要去找丹尼斯·凯里格 |
[29:26] | They’re on their way. | 他们在路上了 |
[29:27] | Excellent. Uh, do you have a moment? | 很好 你有时间吗 |
[29:30] | Something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[29:31] | I want to talk to you about your personal life, | 我想跟你谈谈你的私人生活 |
[29:33] | specifically, uh, your relationship with Paige. | 主要是你和佩吉的关系 |
[29:36] | Well, I don’t really want to do that right now. | 我现在不太想谈 |
[29:39] | Are you aware she’s in dire financial straits? | 你知道她现在正面临严峻的财政危机吗 |
[29:42] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[29:43] | Well, the trouble stems from her, uh… her condition, | 麻烦起源于她的身体状况 |
[29:45] | or rather, the expensive treatments it requires. | 更确切的说 是因为昂贵的医疗费用 |
[29:48] | You weren’t aware? | 你不知道吗 |
[29:49] | Of course I was aware. How are you aware? | 我当然知道 你是怎么知道的 |
[29:51] | I’ve had occasion to get to know her a bit better recently. | 最近我有了了解她的机会 |
[29:55] | I think you should propose marriage. | 我觉得你应该求婚 |
[29:59] | – Excuse me? – The sooner you pop the question, | -再说一遍 -你越早求婚 |
[30:01] | the sooner her treatments will be covered | 她的治疗费用 |
[30:02] | by the city’s health plan. | 就能越早用医保支付 |
[30:05] | I think the time might have come for a new Mrs. Gregson. | 我觉得是时候有新的格雷森夫人了 |
[30:07] | I-I think I just got whiplash. | 我觉得我被吓到了 |
[30:10] | When I split with the last Mrs. Gregson, | 当我和上一个格雷森夫人分开时 |
[30:12] | you told me to consider myself lucky. | 你告诉我应该感到幸运 |
[30:15] | You compared marriage to, uh, poison, | 你认为婚姻是毒药 |
[30:17] | – I think it was? – Yeah. | -我没记错吧 -没错 |
[30:20] | Well, despite the abject failure of your first nuptials, | 尽管你上段婚姻失败了 |
[30:23] | you don’t have any such misgivings | 但你对婚姻制度的看法 |
[30:24] | about the institution, do you? | 和我并不一样 对吧 |
[30:25] | So it would not be a violation of your personal ethics. | 所以结婚并不会违反你的道德准则 |
[30:28] | should I phrase it like that when I get down on my knee? | 我应该单膝下跪说这些吗 |
[30:30] | I’m not making this recommendation on romantic grounds. | 我并不是基于感情原因推荐的 |
[30:34] | Open enrollment ends this week, | 开放登记这周就要结束了 |
[30:35] | and I realize I should be the last | 我觉得我应该是你认识的人中 |
[30:36] | of your acquaintances to suggest marriage, | 最后一个建议你结婚的 |
[30:38] | not the first, but there it is. | 而不是第一个 但情况就是这样 |
[30:40] | You think you’re the first? You’re not. | 你觉得你是第一个 你不是 |
[30:43] | We’re adults. We got a great thing going. | 我们是成年人了 我们进展很好 |
[30:46] | Everyone wants me to marry her. | 大家都想让我们结婚 |
[30:48] | Yeah, but, you know, their rationale is misguided, | 但是 他们的理由是错误的 |
[30:50] | and mine’s, you know… | 而我的 你知道的 |
[30:52] | Gaming the insurance industry’s what marriage is for, right? | 结婚就是为了钻保险业的空子 对吧 |
[30:56] | When things first got serious, | 当事情最初变得严重的时候 |
[30:58] | we talked about marriage, okay? | 我们讨论过婚姻 |
[31:00] | – She’s in your camp. – She’s opposed? | -她和你的想法一样 -她反对吗 |
[31:02] | Very. She had a bad trip the first time around. | 很反对 她上段婚姻并不幸福 |
[31:06] | And you’re not opposed? | 而你并不反对 |
[31:08] | No. | 不反对 |
[31:11] | It’s what I want. | 我想结婚 |
[31:17] | Listen, whatever’s going on with Paige’s finances, | 不管佩吉的财务状况有什么问题 |
[31:19] | we’re just gonna have to figure it out another way. | 我们得想别的方法解决 |
[31:22] | All right? Gregson. | 好吗 我是格雷森 |
[31:29] | Just because this guy had hunched shoulders like me? | 就因为这个人跟我一样有斜肩 |
[31:31] | I mean, he could be anybody who works a desk job. | 他可能是任何一个坐办公室的人 |
[31:33] | Sitting ruins your posture. | 长期坐着会毁了你的仪态 |
[31:35] | Maybe we’ll get around to talking | 也许我们会和其他 |
[31:37] | to all office workers everywhere, | 办公室工作者谈谈 |
[31:38] | but we’re starting with you. | 但我们要从你开始 |
[31:39] | You failed to mention you are proficient in creating | 上次我们谈话的时候 |
[31:42] | computer-generated imagery last time we spoke, Mr. Karig. | 你没有提及自己精通视频制作 凯里格先生 |
[31:45] | I didn’t think you’d come to hear about my hobbies. | 我觉得你们来找我不是为了问我的爱好 |
[31:49] | Look, if someone messed with the security tape, | 如果有人处理过监控视频 |
[31:52] | they could’ve made the kidnapper look like anyone. | 他们可以把绑匪的脸修改成任何人 |
[31:54] | Yeah. You’re a technical genius, Mr. Karig. | 是啊 你是一个技术天才 凯里格先生 |
[31:56] | No one here is accusing you of creative brilliance. | 没人指责你的聪明才智 |
[31:59] | This is crazy. I told you, | 这太疯狂了 我说了 |
[32:00] | I was home when this happened. | 这事发生时我在家 |
[32:02] | When she was taken or when Kenneth Tolan got shot? | 她被绑架时 还是肯尼斯·托兰中枪时 |
[32:05] | Both. | 都是 |
[32:07] | Both times. | 两次都在家 |
[32:10] | I was alone because I live alone. That’s not a crime. | 我当时一个人是因为我一个人住 这不算犯罪 |
[32:12] | It’s not much of an alibi either. | 也不算不在场证明 |
[32:14] | But let’s forget about that for the moment | 不过我们暂时不谈这事 |
[32:16] | and focus on your taste in firearms. | 来说说你对武器的品味 |
[32:18] | You purchased a .22-caliber revolver last month. | 你上月购买了一只点22口径的左轮手枪 |
[32:21] | Just like the one there. | 就像图片上的这只 |
[32:23] | Must’ve been around the time you hatched your plan. | 肯定是那个时候你密谋出了计划 |
[32:25] | The day you realized that Aaron was gonna make a bundle | 那天你发现亚伦会靠你的成果赚得盆满钵满 |
[32:28] | off your work and pay you peanuts. | 而你只能得到一点钱 |
[32:30] | No. Th-That’s not true. | 不 不是那样 |
[32:31] | We’re still negotiating my compensation. | 我们还在协商我的报酬 |
[32:33] | Is that what you call kidnapping his wife? | 通过绑架他的妻子来协商 |
[32:35] | Can we just stop and think about this? | 我们能先停下来思考一下吗 |
[32:36] | How stupid would I have to be to try to abduct someone | 我是有多蠢 绑架一个认识我的人 |
[32:39] | who knows me without wearing a mask? | 还不戴面具 |
[32:41] | She’d be able to identify me. | 她能认出我的 |
[32:43] | Not if you kill her once you get what you want. | 如果你在如愿以偿后杀掉她就没事了 |
[32:46] | It’s what you do, right? | 这是你的本行 对吧 |
[32:47] | Get rid of all the evidence, | 抹除所有证据 |
[32:48] | disguise your voice, you burn the van, | 伪装自己的声音 烧掉了货车 |
[32:50] | kill the witness, bleach the cabin. | 杀掉证人 清扫小屋 |
[32:52] | You’re a real thorough guy. Tell you what though… | 你还真是做事周密 不过我告诉你 |
[32:55] | Karig hasn’t cracked, has he? | 凯里格还没招 是吧 |
[32:57] | – Not yet. – Good. | -没有 -很好 |
[32:58] | We don’t need a false confession to explain at trial. | 我们不需要在审判时用伪供 |
[33:01] | Detective Bell, Mr. Holmes, would you step out, please? | 贝尔警探 福尔摩斯先生 二位请出来吧 |
[33:06] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[33:07] | Beth Stone just wandered into a diner down in Great Kills Park, | 贝丝·斯通刚在绝杀公园的一家餐厅被发现 |
[33:10] | couple miles from that nudist resort where they had her. | 离他们绑架她的裸体度假村几英里远 |
[33:12] | “They”? | 「他们」 |
[33:13] | The kidnappers. | 绑匪们 |
[33:14] | She says there were two of them. | 她说有两个人 |
[33:16] | Karig doesn’t fit either description. | 凯里格不符合任一描述 |
[33:18] | Not even close. | 相差十万八千里 |
[33:21] | Like I said, there were two of them. | 我说了 有两个人 |
[33:23] | Rashad. I-I think that was the little one. | 拉沙德 应该是那个小个子 |
[33:26] | And-and Ali is the one who took me. | 阿里是那个绑架我的 |
[33:30] | They didn’t… they didn’t use their names in front of me, | 他们 他们没有在我面前说对方的名字 |
[33:32] | but I heard them whispering in their language. | 但我听见他们用自己的语言耳语 |
[33:34] | I had a roommate once who was Pakistani. | 我以前有个舍友是巴基斯坦人 |
[33:36] | I think that’s what they were. | 他们应该是从那边来的 |
[33:39] | You’re doing great, honey. | 你做得很好 亲爱的 |
[33:41] | So, we’ve got Rashad and Ali? | 所以名字是拉沙德和阿里吗 |
[33:44] | Ali’s the one who shot that man at the cabin. | 阿里在小屋里开枪打了那个人 |
[33:46] | And then he took me to this tent back in those woods. | 然后他把我带到了后面树林的一个帐篷里 |
[33:50] | Rashad was-was very angry, | 拉沙德很生气 |
[33:52] | and he took over watching me all the time. | 他一直看着我 |
[33:54] | Except sometimes he’d leave the tent | 除了有时候他离开帐篷 |
[33:56] | to-to go out and smoke a cigarette. | 出去吸根烟 |
[33:58] | That’s when I’d work on my ropes. | 我就是趁那个时候弄绳子的 |
[34:00] | They-they had my wrists tied | 他们把我的手绑在 |
[34:02] | to a-a stake in the ground, like this. | 一个地桩上 像这样 |
[34:07] | So the last time he went out for a smoke, | 所以他最后一次出去吸烟时 |
[34:10] | I got out and I just took off. | 我弄开绳子逃掉了 |
[34:14] | I couldn’t see. It was so dark. | 我什么都看不见 太黑了 |
[34:16] | And branches kept cutting me, | 树枝不停刮着我 |
[34:18] | but I knew I had to keep running. | 但我知道自己不能停下来 |
[34:20] | Mr. Stone, when they called you, what did they want? | 斯通先生 他们联系你时提了什么要求 |
[34:23] | $3 million. | 三百万 |
[34:24] | Said it had to be in cash, nonsequential bills. | 他们说必须是现金 不连号的 |
[34:27] | I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you before. I… | 很抱歉之前没告诉你们 我… |
[34:31] | I was doing what they said. | 我只是在照他们的指示做 |
[34:34] | I was doing everything I could to get that money. | 我尽了全力筹集现金 |
[34:37] | I know you were. I know. | 我知道你尽力了 我知道 |
[34:40] | We need to get over to that tent where you were kept, | 我们得去你被关押的帐篷看看 |
[34:43] | go over it before it rains. | 在下雨之前过去 |
[34:45] | They’re gonna take you to the hospital, get you checked out. | 他们会送你去医院 给你做检查 |
[34:47] | Would it be all right if we came by | 我们到时能过去 |
[34:48] | and asked a few more questions? | 再问一些问题吗 |
[34:51] | Whatever you need. | 我会尽量配合 |
[34:59] | Campsite’s this way. | 营地在这边 |
[35:01] | Yeah. And you’re welcome to inspect it. | 欢迎你去搜查 |
[35:02] | I’m sure Mrs. Stone’s done a really good job | 我敢肯定斯通夫人已经 |
[35:04] | of sprinkling bread crumbs there. | 在那里撒了面包屑 |
[35:05] | You might find the remnants of a chapati | 你也许会找到恰巴堤薄饼的碎屑 |
[35:07] | to support her absurd fiction. | 来支撑她的荒诞虚构 |
[35:09] | You think she’s lying about something? | 你觉得她在某些事上撒谎了吗 |
[35:10] | I think she’s lying about everything. | 我觉得她从头到尾都在撒谎 |
[35:12] | I’m still quite certain | 我仍然相当确定 |
[35:13] | Dennis Karig is the man we saw in that video. | 丹尼斯·凯里格是我们在视频里看到的那个人 |
[35:15] | She’s covering for him. | 她在为他打掩护 |
[35:16] | And why would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[35:17] | ‘Cause he’s covering for her. | 因为他也在为她打掩护 |
[35:20] | She kidnapped herself. | 她绑架了自己 |
[35:29] | Something’s been gnawing at me. | 有东西一直在困扰着我 |
[35:32] | You know, Beth Stone’s imaginary bogeymen | 你知道吗 贝丝·斯通想象出来的绑匪 |
[35:34] | aren’t properly represented here. | 并没有被恰当地描述 |
[35:36] | The co-captains of the Karachi Dragons | 卡拉奇龙族的副队们 |
[35:38] | are as likely as any Pakistanis to have been involved, | 很可能与任何巴基斯坦人有牵连 |
[35:41] | so I thought they could stand in for now. | 所以我觉得他们可以暂时作为替身 |
[35:43] | You can stop mocking her story. She’s lying. | 你可以停止嘲笑她编的故事了 她在撒谎 |
[35:45] | – I’m sold. – And yet you won’t join me in pouring scorn | -我相信你 -但你仍然没有和我一起 |
[35:47] | on her racist tale of woe. | 对她这个不幸的种族主义故事嗤之以鼻 |
[35:50] | Well, there could be a lot of reasons | 关于贝丝为什么要给凯里格打掩护 |
[35:51] | why Beth is covering for Karig and not in on it. | 可能有很多她并不参与其中的原因 |
[35:55] | he could have something on her. | 他手上可能有她的把柄 |
[35:57] | Maybe it’s Stockholm syndrome. | 也许是斯德哥尔摩综合症 |
[35:59] | Maybe. But I think I’ve devised a better theory. | 也许 但我觉得我想出了一个更好的理论 |
[36:02] | You’ll recall that Aaron Stone recently visited a family lawyer | 你还记得亚伦·斯通最近去拜访了一位家庭律师 |
[36:06] | and that he and Beth are set to | 还有他和贝丝要庆祝 |
[36:07] | celebrate their tenth anniversary. | 他们结婚十周年的事吗 |
[36:09] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[36:10] | But while I’m not privy to the details | 尽管我不知道 |
[36:12] | of their prenuptial agreement, | 他们婚前协议的细节 |
[36:13] | I’d not at all be surprised if it were about to lapse. | 但如果协议失效我一点都不会惊讶 |
[36:17] | So, if Aaron was considering a divorce, | 那么 如果亚伦考虑要离婚 |
[36:19] | Beth had financial motive, just like Karig did. | 贝丝有经济上的动机 就像凯里格一样 |
[36:22] | Instead of getting a fraction of their estate, | 与其各自拿到属于他们的一小部分 |
[36:25] | she could be in line for as much as half. | 她可以与之联合获取多达一半的份额 |
[36:28] | But everyone thinks that this CGI software | 但所有人都认为这个计算机影像编辑软件 |
[36:30] | is worth tens of millions. | 价值数千万美元 |
[36:32] | So why ask for a lousy $3 million to split? | 为什么他们只索取仅仅三百万美元呢 |
[36:35] | Because Aaron couldn’t pay it. | 因为亚伦付不起 |
[36:36] | The point is not to score a ransom. | 重点并不是获取赎金 |
[36:38] | It’s to shame Aaron into running out the clock | 而是迫使亚伦对废除他们的婚前协议 |
[36:41] | on their prenuptial agreement. | 感到羞愧 |
[36:44] | I guess it would be pretty awful | 我猜如果他在她经历了 |
[36:45] | if he left her after she’d been through | 如此可怕的磨难之后还弃她而去 |
[36:48] | this horrible ordeal. | 那场面一定相当难看 |
[36:49] | Social suicide. | 无异于社交自杀 |
[36:51] | It’s a good theory. | 这是个好理论 |
[36:53] | It’s just a theory. | 只是个理论而已 |
[36:55] | Married couples, Watson. | 夫妻啊 华生 |
[36:57] | How often have their messes robbed you of your precious sleep? | 他们的破事打扰你的宝贵睡眠多少次了 |
[37:00] | And to think, | 想一想 |
[37:01] | I recently suggested that the captain join their ranks. | 我最近还建议警监加入他们的行列 |
[37:07] | You what? | 你什么 |
[37:08] | I suggested he tie the knot. | 我建议他结婚 |
[37:12] | I-I thought it a solution to Paige’s insurance problems. | 我觉得这是个解决佩吉保险问题的方案 |
[37:16] | Right, come on. Let’s have it. | 好了 来吧 我们来击个球 |
[37:18] | And, remember, it’s cricket. So arm straight. | 记住 这是板球 所以手臂伸直了 |
[37:20] | I-In a minute. I’m still trying to picture you arguing | 等等 我仍在试图想象 |
[37:23] | in favor of marriage. | 你主张结婚的画面 |
[37:24] | Yes, I know. I have spoken out against it in the past. | 是的 我知道 我过去公开反对结婚 |
[37:27] | Only if you count calling it a fiendish plot | 除非你算上把婚姻称为 |
[37:29] | to subvert human biology, independence, and happiness. | 颠覆人类生理 独立自主以及快乐的险恶阴谋 |
[37:31] | Yeah, exactly. | 是的 完全正确 |
[37:32] | But in this rare case, | 但在这个罕见的情况下 |
[37:34] | it might be mutually beneficial– | 婚姻也许是互惠互利的 |
[37:35] | good for his health and hers. | 对他们俩的健康都好 |
[37:37] | Studies have shown that there are health benefits | 研究表明对于一个处于 |
[37:39] | for men who reside in a state of sexless antagonism | 无性对立状态的男人来说 找一位人生伴侣 |
[37:41] | with a life partner. | 对他的健康是有益的 |
[37:43] | Then you’ll live to be 100. | 那你一定会活到100岁 |
[37:52] | Her breasts, Watson. | 她的胸部 华生 |
[37:53] | What do Paige’s breasts have to do with anything? | 佩吉的胸部和这事有什么关系 |
[37:55] | No, not-not Paige’s. Beth Stone’s. | 不 不是佩吉的 是贝丝·斯通的 |
[37:58] | You saw them earlier. | 你早先见过 |
[37:59] | I wasn’t really looking at them. | 我并没有注意它们 |
[38:00] | Well, you should have. | 你应该好好看看 |
[38:01] | They’re her undoing. | 它们是她失败的原因 |
[38:04] | We wanted to speak to you ’cause we didn’t find | 因为我们在绝杀公园没有找到任何物证 |
[38:06] | any physical evidence in Great Kills Park. | 所以想跟你们聊聊 |
[38:09] | Nothing to suggest anyone other than Beth | 没有任何东西表明除了贝丝以外 |
[38:12] | made camp in those woods. | 有任何人在树林里露营过 |
[38:14] | – I don’t understand. – Before she was abducted, | -我不明白 -在她被绑架前 |
[38:16] | you were considering divorce, Mr. Stone. | 你当时在考虑离婚 斯通先生 |
[38:19] | I would file right away. | 换我的话 我会立即提交 |
[38:20] | No. No, that is not true. I w… I was not… | 不 这并不属实 我没有 |
[38:23] | We know you saw a lawyer about your prenup. | 我们知道你为了婚前协议的事找了律师 |
[38:25] | We don’t know when it expires, | 我们不知道什么时候过期 |
[38:27] | but ten years is a nice round number. | 但十年是个挺完满的数字 |
[38:29] | Your upcoming anniversary was the motivation | 你们即将到来的结婚纪念日 |
[38:31] | for this entire charade, was it not? | 就是这整个事件的动机 对吗 |
[38:32] | What are you talking about? | 你们说什么呢 |
[38:34] | We’re talking about you trying to guilt your husband | 我们在说你想让你丈夫内疚 |
[38:36] | into sticking around long enough for the prenup to lapse. | 好撑到婚前协议失效 |
[38:39] | That’s insane. | 这简直疯了 |
[38:41] | Aaron and I love each other. | 亚伦和我彼此相爱 |
[38:44] | Even if we didn’t, | 就算我们不爱了 |
[38:46] | we’re broke. | 我们也已经破产了 |
[38:47] | What’s the difference between five percent of nothing | 反正也没财产可分 分5%和分更多 |
[38:49] | and… A whole lot more of nothing? | 又有什么区别呢 |
[38:52] | But it wouldn’t be nothing. | 但并非没钱可分 |
[38:53] | It would be a fair share of your assets, | 你们将平分你的财产 |
[38:56] | including the rights to Dennis Karig’s software. | 包括对丹尼斯·凯里格的软件的所有权 |
[38:59] | And that’s a pretty substantial motive to… | 这可是非常实质性的动机了 |
[39:01] | buy yourself some time, earn a little sympathy… | 所以你要为自己争取时间 赢得一点同情 |
[39:04] | Maybe you were hoping that faking your own kidnapping | 也许你希望伪造自己被绑架 |
[39:06] | would save your marriage. | 能挽救你的婚姻 |
[39:08] | Maybe you really do love him. | 也许你真的爱他 |
[39:09] | But we think that it was about the money. | 但我们认为你是为了钱 |
[39:11] | You and Dennis were greedy, so you struck a deal. | 你和丹尼斯很贪婪 所以你们达成了协议 |
[39:13] | I can’t believe you people. I was taken. | 真不敢相信你们居然这样 我被绑架了 |
[39:16] | Yes, by two Pakistani men. | 对 绑匪是两个巴基斯坦人 |
[39:18] | We’ve heard your, bigoted fantasia. | 我们已经听过你的偏执幻想了 |
[39:22] | Do these look fake to you? | 这看着像假的吗 |
[39:24] | No. But they were self-inflicted. | 不假 但那是你自己造成的 |
[39:25] | As was your suntan. Which has faded. | 你晒黑的肤色也是一样 已经有点褪色了 |
[39:27] | It was positively glowing on the news yesterday. | 昨天在电视新闻上可非常显眼 |
[39:30] | Your arms were covered, your face was muddied, | 你的胳膊被包裹着 脸上有很多泥 |
[39:32] | but this area was exposed. | 但这块区域却是暴露在外的 |
[39:34] | You told us you were locked in a cabin until just a few days ago. | 你说你几天前还被锁在一间小屋里 |
[39:37] | And then, in the middle of the night, you were taken to a tent. | 然后那天半夜 你被带到了一个帐篷 |
[39:40] | So tell us, when exactly did you find time to sunbathe? | 那么请说说 你什么时候去做的日光浴呢 |
[39:43] | I think it was between visits from your co-conspirator, Mr. Karig. | 我觉得是在你跟共谋者凯里格见面的间歇吧 |
[39:47] | Mr. Stone, if you want to step outside for a minute, | 斯通先生 不如你先出去待会吧 |
[39:50] | we’re gonna invite an assistant district attorney | 我们要邀请一位地检官 |
[39:53] | to sit in that chair. | 坐坐您的位子 |
[39:55] | You didn’t pull the trigger which killed Kenneth Tolan, | 杀了肯尼斯·托兰的扳机并不是你扣的 |
[39:58] | so you get first crack at a plea deal. | 所以你有机会达成认罪协议 |
[40:01] | It’s time to betray your other partner. | 是时候背叛你的另一名同伙了 |
[40:09] | They’ll be done in 20 minutes. | 他们还有二十分钟就能完事 |
[40:11] | Have a car ready to transport her to Central Booking, and then… | 安排一辆车送她去中央拘留所 然后… |
[40:19] | Did I forget a lunch? | 我忘了午饭有约了吗 |
[40:20] | No, I arranged one for you. | 不是 是我帮你安排的 |
[40:21] | Come here. | 过来 |
[40:24] | You did what? | 你做了什么 |
[40:25] | I, um… I, uh… | 我… |
[40:27] | I took the liberty of talking to Paige. | 我自作主张找了佩吉 |
[40:28] | We, um… we discussed her reservations about marriage. | 我们聊了她对婚姻的保留态度 |
[40:35] | Look, I don’t know why you’ve decided to get in the middle of this, | 我不知道你为什么要掺和这事 |
[40:38] | – but, I got to say… – I managed to lower her defenses. | -但我得说… -我让她卸下心防了 |
[40:43] | I’ve taken it as far as I can. | 我已经尽量去促成了 |
[40:44] | But at some point in the process, | 但到了程序的某个阶段 |
[40:45] | your absence became… | 你的缺席就让我… |
[40:47] | quite limiting. | 无能为力了 |
[40:49] | What process? | 什么程序 |
[40:50] | She told me about the weekend getaway you have planned. | 她跟我说了你计划的那个短假周末 |
[40:54] | Sounds like a excellent opportunity to… | 听起来是个绝佳的 |
[40:58] | elope. | 私奔的机会 |
[41:00] | And, if you do… | 如果你真要做的话 |
[41:12] | All this to fake out an insurance company? | 就为了骗保险公司吗 |
[41:14] | Yeah, well I mean, no, | 对 也不对 |
[41:16] | it’s not about that anymore, not entirely | 现在已经不关乎那个了 不算是 |
[41:18] | Then what is it about? | 那关乎什么 |
[41:20] | You said it was what you wanted, | 你说过这就是你想要的 |
[41:28] | Where did you get those? | 这些是哪来的 |
[41:30] | Are they hot? | 是偷的吗 |
[41:32] | If-if you’re concerned about provenance, you should just, uh… | 要是你担心它们的出处 那就… |
[41:34] | just focus on those ones. | 那就重点看这几个吧 |
[42:00] | So? | 所以 |
[42:05] | So… | 所以 |