时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously on Elementary… | 《福尔摩斯: 演绎法》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | The depravity and atrocity numeration test. | 堕落和残暴度计量测试 |
[00:05] | Someone is using the DANTE survey | 有人在利用但丁问卷 |
[00:07] | to identify and recruit psychopaths. | 找出并招募精神变态者 |
[00:09] | Several years ago, | 几年前 |
[00:10] | I anticipated that, without Moriarty, | 我以为没有了莫里亚蒂 |
[00:12] | her group would fall apart. | 她的组织会分崩离析 |
[00:14] | I was mistaken. | 我错了 |
[00:15] | Someone else has taken over. | 有人篡位了 |
[00:16] | Who is Joshua Vikner? | 乔舒亚·维克尼尔是谁 |
[00:18] | Economics professor. | 经济学教授 |
[00:19] | I’m quite certain Professor Vikner | 我非常确信维克尼尔教授 |
[00:20] | is the heir to Jamie Moriarty’s fetid throne. | 是婕米·莫里亚蒂血腥王座的继承人 |
[00:23] | You found me. | 你找到了我 |
[00:24] | But I want you to know I bear you no ill will. | 但我希望你知道 我对你没有恶意 |
[00:26] | Nor does anyone I oversee. | 任何我监管的人对你都没恶意 |
[00:27] | You’re untouchable. | 你是碰不得的 |
[00:29] | Jamie made it clear that you were not to be harmed. | 婕米下过令 你不能受到伤害 |
[00:31] | Apologies for the subterfuge. | 抱歉我找了个借口 |
[00:32] | I thought perhaps we were being watched. | 我觉得我们可能被监视了 |
[00:34] | There’s a light on in the McGuiness’s apartment, | 对面麦克吉尼斯家的灯 |
[00:36] | across the way. | 还亮着 |
[00:37] | They’re out of town. | 他们出城了 |
[00:39] | Turns out I’m not paranoid. | 原来我没有多疑 |
[00:54] | You’re not breathing. | 你没在呼吸 |
[00:56] | That’s because I’m a little nervous. | 那是因为我有点紧张 |
[00:58] | You needn’t be. | 你不用紧张 |
[01:00] | This device is not on a timer. | 那东西不是由计时器控制的 |
[01:02] | It’s designed to be detonated remotely, | 它被设计成了远程控制 |
[01:03] | and since no one saw us enter, | 而且没人看到我们进来 |
[01:06] | we’re quite safe. | 我们很安全 |
[01:08] | That’s funny, I don’t feel “quite safe.” | 呵呵 我怎么不觉得”很安全” |
[01:16] | You know who’s good with bombs? | 你知道谁擅长拆弹吗 |
[01:17] | The bomb squad. That’s who we should call. | 拆弹小队 也是我们现在该叫的人 |
[01:19] | We should not. Beckoning the police | 不行 把警察引来 |
[01:21] | would put the lives of our neighbors at risk. | 会让我们的邻居们有生命危险 |
[01:23] | Not to mention our many belongings. | 更别提咱家里这么多东西了 |
[01:25] | We would also forfeit the opportunity to gather any clues | 同时我们也就没机会收集 |
[01:27] | about the individual who wants us dead. | 想杀我们的人留下的线索了 |
[01:29] | You say that like we don’t know who did this. | 你说得好像我们不知道是谁干的似的 |
[01:31] | Vikner did this obviously. | 显然是维克尼尔做的 |
[01:33] | He planted the same kind of bomb | 他炸你父亲办公室时 |
[01:34] | that blew up your father’s office. | 用的是同一种炸药 |
[01:36] | Just a few hours ago, he had a witness killed inside | 几个小时前 他刚让人在警局里 |
[01:39] | a police precinct. | 杀了个证人 |
[01:40] | He did, but I think we can rely on one thing, | 没错 但我觉得我们可以指望一件事 |
[01:43] | and that is that he fears Moriarty. | 就是他对莫里亚蒂的恐惧 |
[01:45] | He has repeatedly implied | 他一直在反复暗示 |
[01:46] | that he runs her organization through her good graces. | 他是在她的恩赐下运营她的组织的 |
[01:49] | So? | 所以呢 |
[01:49] | So, she has but one rule: | 所以 她只提出了一条要求 |
[01:51] | You and I are untouchable. | 你和我是碰不得的 |
[01:57] | What just happened? | 刚发生了什么 |
[01:58] | I just disarmed the bomb. | 我拆了炸弹 |
[02:00] | But you didn’t pick a wire, it was just… | 可你也没选线啊 你只是… |
[02:01] | Despite the plots of the many movies that you tell me are good, | 先不说你觉得很棒的许多电影情节 |
[02:04] | which are in fact not good, | 其实都不咋地 |
[02:06] | bomb-makers don’t build tests of electrical engineering skill, | 制造炸弹的人做的不是电气工程能力测试仪 |
[02:08] | they build devices that go bang. | 他们做的是会炸的设备 |
[02:11] | The simpler the device, | 设备越简单 |
[02:12] | the more likely it is to explode. | 就越有可能爆炸 |
[02:14] | This one would have had the person across the street | 这个可以让街那头的那人 |
[02:16] | seen us enter. | 看到我们进来 |
[02:16] | Speaking of our would-be murderer, | 说到要杀我们的人 |
[02:18] | let’s go introduce ourselves. | 咱们去拜访一下他吧 |
[02:37] | Did we just set off the alarm? | 我们是触发警报了吗 |
[02:39] | It appears we did. | 显然是的 |
[02:41] | So you’re wrong. | 所以你搞错了 |
[02:44] | The person who planted the bomb wasn’t watching us from here. | 安置炸弹的人不是从这里监视我们的 |
[02:47] | Someone was. | 有人在这待过 |
[02:48] | I smell fresh cigarette smoke, | 我闻到了新鲜的烟味 |
[02:50] | and every shade is drawn is except for that one. | 所有窗户都被拉上了 除了那扇 |
[02:52] | Can you imagine a better view | 你能想到有比这里 |
[02:52] | of our front door than from here? | 更容易看到我们前门的地方吗 |
[02:55] | What kind of bomber turns the alarm on before he leaves? | 什么样的炸弹手会在离开前把警报打开 |
[02:58] | You’re assuming he has left. | 你推测他已经走了 |
[02:59] | It’s possible he found a way in | 或许他发现了 |
[03:00] | that was not protected by a sensor. | 一条没有感应器保护的路进来 |
[03:06] | There’s no one here, we should go. | 这里没人 咱们走吧 |
[03:08] | And we have about 15 seconds | 我们还有15秒 |
[03:09] | before that alarm goes from beeping to blaring. | 警铃就要由滴声变成轰鸣了 |
[03:16] | You just defused a bomb two minutes ago, | 你两分钟前刚拆掉一个炸弹 |
[03:18] | don’t look so impressed. | 别显得那么惊讶 |
[03:19] | This is Joe and Colleen’s place. | 这是乔和科琳的家 |
[03:22] | I fed their fish last year when they went on that cruise. | 他们去年出去度假时我帮他们喂鱼来着 |
[03:24] | Not the sort of information I retain. | 不是那种我能记住的信息 |
[03:26] | Yeah, well, one of us has to. | 对 但咱俩总得有人记住 |
[03:28] | We’re here. | 既然来了 |
[03:29] | We may as well take a look around. | 不妨四处看下 |
[03:32] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[03:33] | Colleen and Joe have been out of town for the last few days. | 科琳和乔前几天出城了 |
[03:36] | He just texted me, | 他刚发短信给我 |
[03:37] | and they did not hire a house sitter. | 说他们没雇人看房 |
[03:39] | Yet someone sat right there, | 但有人就坐在这里 |
[03:41] | watching our home. | 监视着我们的房子 |
[03:42] | Someone who smokes clove cigarettes. | 一个吸丁香烟的人 |
[03:44] | That’s fresh? | 刚抽过的 |
[03:46] | You want to tell me again why you think | 你想再解释下你为什么觉得 |
[03:48] | the person who just tried to kill us | 这个刚刚想杀死我们的人 |
[03:49] | does not work for Joshua Vikner? | 不为乔舒亚·维克尼尔工作吗 |
[03:51] | Taking our lives would cost Vikner his own; you know this. | 杀了我们 维克尼尔自己也会性命不保 |
[03:53] | I mean, I get that there’s a rule against hurting us, | 我知道有规定不许伤害我们 |
[03:55] | but there are also rules against extortion, | 但也有规定不许勒索 |
[03:57] | war profiteering, and murder. | 发战争财还有谋杀啊 |
[03:58] | I mean, if he’s willing to break those… | 如果他能违反那些规则 |
[03:59] | If he crosses his predecessor, | 如果他忤逆自己的上层 |
[04:01] | there is a 100% chance he will be exsanguinated. | 他百分之百会被除掉 |
[04:04] | The odds that we will dig up proof against him | 我们找出对他不利的证据的几率 |
[04:07] | are, in his estimation, much less daunting. | 在他看来 更具威胁 |
[04:10] | You think someone’s trying to frame him? | 你觉得有人想陷害他 |
[04:12] | Not just someone… | 不是普通人 |
[04:13] | someone inside his organization. | 而是他组织里的人 |
[04:15] | The police know nothing of Joshua Vikner, | 警察一点都不了解乔舒亚·维克尼尔 |
[04:17] | he’s not a suspect in the bombing of my father’s office, | 他不是我父亲办公室被炸案的嫌疑人 |
[04:19] | and yet someone left the exact same device in our home. | 但却有人在我们家放置了完全一样的炸弹 |
[04:23] | Why? For whose benefit? | 为什么 为了谁 |
[04:27] | Moriarty’s. | 莫里亚蒂 |
[04:28] | Someone hopes to incite her to Vikner’s destruction. | 有人想煽动她除掉维克尼尔 |
[04:32] | They failed. | 但失败了 |
[04:33] | But we now know that there is dissention in the ranks. | 但我们现在知道了组织中有人对他不满 |
[04:37] | We can use that to our advantage. | 我们可以利用这一点 |
[04:39] | How? | 怎么利用 |
[04:40] | We find the dissenter. | 我们找出反对者 |
[04:41] | Propose an alliance. | 提出联手 |
[04:43] | With the person who just tried to blow us up? | 和想把我们炸死的人联手 |
[04:45] | The enemy of my enemy, Watson. | 敌人的敌人就是我的朋友 华生 |
[04:52] | Marcus, hey. It’s late, what’s up? | 马库斯 这么晚有什么事 |
[04:54] | Hey, is Sherlock with you? | 夏洛克和你在一起吗 |
[04:55] | We’re both here. | 我们都在 |
[04:56] | You know a Christopher Gray, | 你认识一个叫克里斯托弗·格雷的吗 |
[04:57] | the head of your dad’s security detail? | 你父亲的安保队长 |
[04:59] | Yes. | 认识 |
[05:00] | Did either of you see him tonight? | 你们今晚看见他了吗 |
[05:02] | No, why? | 没有 为什么 |
[05:02] | Couple of hours ago, he was found unconscious on a sidewalk, | 几小时前 他被发现晕倒在路边 |
[05:05] | just a few blocks from your place. | 离你们家只有几个街区 |
[05:07] | Someone busted him up pretty good, | 有人狠狠打了他 |
[05:09] | so I called. | 所以我打过来问问 |
[05:10] | You think he was mugged? | 你认为是抢劫吗 |
[05:11] | No, in addition to his wallet and watch, | 不 他身上除了钱包和手表 |
[05:13] | he had an unregistered nine millimeter on him. | 还有一把未登记的9毫米口径手枪 |
[05:15] | Not sure how it ties to everything else we’ve seen lately, | 不确定这和我们最近看到的事有什么关系 |
[05:18] | but I’m gonna go talk to the guy. | 但我会过去跟他谈谈 |
[05:19] | He’s at St. Bede’s. Thought you might want to join. | 他在圣彼得医院 也许你们想一起去 |
[05:22] | We’ll see you shortly. | 等会见 |
[05:25] | The high pressure system in the northwest | 西北方向的高压系统 |
[05:27] | is causing all of this… | 造成了 |
[05:34] | I’m supposed to watch that. | 我应该接着看 |
[05:35] | The concussion. | 脑震荡 |
[05:37] | They don’t want me falling asleep. | 他们不想让我睡着 |
[05:38] | Well, don’t worry, Mr. Gray, this conversation will be | 不用担心 格雷先生 我们的对话 |
[05:40] | just as stimulating as the weather report. | 将会和天气预报一样刺激 |
[05:43] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[05:44] | The man who put you here, he broke your clavicle, | 那个把你打进医院的人 弄断了你的锁骨 |
[05:46] | your parietal bone, two of your ribs. | 顶骨 还有两根肋骨 |
[05:47] | We want to find him. | 我们想找到他 |
[05:49] | I don’t remember anything since this morning. | 今早之后的事我都不记得了 |
[05:51] | I can’t help. | 帮不了你们 |
[05:53] | Well, it says here that you have suffered | 这上面说你的头部 |
[05:54] | a significant head trauma, | 受到了严重的创伤 |
[05:56] | so that is possible, but I doubt it. | 虽然这有可能 但我很怀疑 |
[05:58] | You were encamped in our neighbor’s apartment this evening; | 你今晚曾在我们邻居的公寓里扎营 |
[06:00] | you were spying on us. | 你在监视我们 |
[06:01] | For a moment, we thought you also put a bomb in our home, | 有一瞬间 我们还以为你在我们家里放了炸弹 |
[06:04] | but then another more likely scenario presented itself, | 但之后出现了更加可能的状况 |
[06:07] | one that would account for your many injuries. | 并且可能是造成你伤成这样的原因 |
[06:09] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[06:11] | I can’t follow a word you’re saying. | 你说的我一个字也听不懂 |
[06:13] | I want you to leave. | 你们走吧 |
[06:15] | You’ve been making eye contact since we walked in. | 我们一进来你就与我们四目相对 |
[06:19] | Your heart rate is going up; you’re lying. | 你的心跳正在加速 你在撒谎 |
[06:21] | We’re pretty sure you don’t need to. | 我们非常确定你不需要这么做 |
[06:23] | You’ve been spying on us for Morland. | 你在替莫兰德监视我们 |
[06:24] | He knows we’ve been keeping things from him. | 他知道我们有事隐瞒着他 |
[06:26] | The identity of his enemy, for example. | 譬如他敌人的身份 |
[06:28] | You found an empty apartment, you set up shop. | 你找到间闲置的公寓 开了个店 |
[06:30] | But tonight you saw a man breaking into our house. | 但今晚你看到一个人闯进我们的家 |
[06:33] | When he left, you approached him, there was a fight. | 当他离开时 你找上了他 然后发生了打斗 |
[06:35] | He put you here. | 他把你送进了这里 |
[06:36] | We came to thank you for saving our lives. | 我们是来感谢你救了我们性命的 |
[06:39] | So just drop the charade… | 所以就别再打哑谜了 |
[06:40] | and tell us what transpired tonight. | 告诉我们今晚发生了什么 |
[06:42] | I’m sorry… | 很抱歉 |
[06:44] | but I don’t answer to you. | 但我不听令于你 |
[06:48] | I answer to your father. | 我只听你父亲的 |
[06:51] | Can I help you, Mr. Gray? | 有什么能帮忙的吗 格雷先生 |
[06:53] | I don’t know who these people are. | 我不认识这些人 |
[06:55] | They’re bothering me. | 他们在骚扰我 |
[06:56] | I’ll call security. | 我去叫保安 |
[06:57] | No, there’s no need. | 不用 不需要了 |
[06:58] | Please, take good care of him. | 请照顾好他 谢谢 |
[07:00] | He’s confused, but he’s a good man. | 他有些糊涂 但他是个好人 |
[07:05] | You should stay here. Marcus will be here soon. | 你应该待在这 马库斯很快就来了 |
[07:07] | It’ll be conspicuous if we’re both absent. | 咱们俩都不在就太明显了 |
[07:09] | Where you going? | 你要去哪 |
[07:10] | There’s a church under renovation | 有一座正在翻修的教堂 |
[07:11] | around the corner from us on Quay. | 就在我们那里的拐角码头处 |
[07:13] | That’s where they picked him up. | 那就是他们找到他的地方 |
[07:14] | He had plaster dust on the shoulder of his coat. | 他外衣的肩膀上有石灰粉 |
[07:17] | Perhaps that’s where he sustained the injuries | 或许他就是在那里受到了 |
[07:18] | from our would-be bomber. | 我们炸弹嫌疑人的攻击 |
[07:20] | I’ll see if I can pick up the trail there. | 我去看看能不能在那里找到线索 |
[08:14] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我做的 |
[08:18] | I need to speak to my son alone. | 我需要和我儿子单独谈谈 |
[08:31] | Mr. Gray filled you in, did he? | 格雷先生跟你说了 是不是 |
[08:32] | As I understand it, you should send him a gift. | 据我的理解 你应该给他送点礼物 |
[08:38] | So I assume this is the man who he stopped | 那么我猜这就是他阻止的那个 |
[08:39] | from detonating 15 gallons of acetone peroxide solution | 想要在你最没价值的地产中 |
[08:43] | inside your least valuable real estate holding. | 引爆十五加仑过氧化丙酮溶液的人了 |
[08:47] | The point, I believe, was to kill you. | 我想目标是要杀死你 |
[08:51] | There was a chase. | 当时发生了追逐 |
[08:53] | The assassin tried to lose Mr. Gray by ducking in here. | 刺客想要躲在这里甩掉格雷先生 |
[08:56] | Blows were exchanged. | 互相殴打了一番 |
[08:58] | And then bullets. | 然后开了枪 |
[09:00] | Why did you come here? | 你为什么要来这里 |
[09:02] | It was on my way. | 我顺道经过 |
[09:03] | Where? | 去哪 |
[09:05] | To you. | 去你那 |
[09:06] | I wanted to talk. | 我想谈谈 |
[09:08] | If you’re here looking for identification, | 如果你是来找身份证明的 |
[09:09] | you won’t find any. | 你什么都找不到 |
[09:11] | I just wanted to see his face before my men dispose of him. | 我只是想在我手下处理掉之前看看他的脸 |
[09:16] | Although, I confess I don’t know what I thought I could tell | 不过 我承认我不知道光看着他 |
[09:18] | by looking at him. | 能看出什么名堂来 |
[09:20] | He’s of Iranian descent, between 37 and 42 years old. | 他有伊朗血统 37-42岁之间 |
[09:23] | He’s on blood pressure medication and he enjoys racket sports. | 他正在服用血压药物并且喜欢球拍运动 |
[09:26] | I could tell you a lot about him, | 我可以告诉你他很多事 |
[09:28] | but the most important thing | 但最重要的事 |
[09:29] | is that he did not work for the same person | 是他并非为那个曾经炸掉 |
[09:31] | who had your office bombed. | 你办公室的人工作 |
[09:32] | You just said he planted the same kind of device. | 你刚说他放置了相同的装置 |
[09:35] | And with very good reason. | 还有一个非常合理的理由 |
[09:37] | One I’m not inclined to disclose at the moment. | 这个理由我现在不想公开 |
[09:40] | Have it your way. | 那随你便吧 |
[09:42] | If I had a white flag, I would wave it. | 如果我有白旗 我早摇了 |
[09:45] | That’s what I was coming to tell you. | 这就是我来要告诉你的 |
[09:47] | I was wrong the other night. | 那晚是我错了 |
[09:49] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[09:50] | I didn’t know what I was up against; I do now. | 我不知道我在对抗什么 现在我知道了 |
[09:53] | And I’ve decided not to waste what remains of my life | 而我不想耗费我的余生 |
[09:56] | on some mad scramble for vengeance. | 去为了复仇而征战 |
[09:59] | You expect me to believe that your bloodlust has waned? | 你想让我相信你的杀戮欲已经消逝了吗 |
[10:02] | I still want justice for Sabine. | 我依旧想为萨宾报仇 |
[10:06] | But there is a price I am not willing to pay. | 但也有我不想付出的代价 |
[10:11] | I will not lose my son. | 我不想失去我的儿子 |
[10:17] | I want to help you. | 我想帮助你 |
[10:19] | You bested the head of this organization once before. | 你曾战胜过这组织的头目 |
[10:22] | I will give anything in my power to help you do it again. | 我将倾力配合你再次战胜他 |
[10:26] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[10:28] | We’ll do it your way. | 这次听你的 |
[10:29] | Well, I know where to find you, | 如果我需要你的帮助 |
[10:31] | should I decide I need your help. | 我会找你的 |
[10:44] | Sherlock? | 夏洛克 |
[10:45] | In here. | 我在 |
[10:50] | You know what? I’d really like to get rid of that. | 这东西怎么还不扔掉 |
[10:53] | Promise I’ll clean my room as soon as I’ve done my homework. | 我查完资料就收拾屋子 |
[10:57] | You found the bomber? | 找到放置炸弹的人了吗 |
[10:59] | Before and after his meeting with Mr. Gray. | 与格雷见面前后的对比照 |
[11:01] | As you can see, | 正如你看到的 |
[11:02] | facial recognition software provided a match. | 面部识别软件找到了匹配的照片 |
[11:04] | He didn’t maintain a social media presence of his own. | 他自己不玩社交网络 |
[11:07] | But according to his bowling friends, | 但根据他保龄球友的照片 |
[11:09] | his name is Nasim Behzadi. | 他叫纳西姆·巴扎迪 |
[11:11] | He was a driver for Iran’s U.N. Mission. | 他是伊朗驻联合国代表团的司机 |
[11:14] | Do you think he was taking orders from someone in Tehran? | 你认为指使他的人在德黑兰吗 |
[11:16] | I think they came from someone more local. | 我觉得这人就在美国 |
[11:17] | 伊朗伊斯兰共和国常驻联合国代表团 佐雅·哈什米 | |
[11:19] | Iran has a woman working at their U.N. Mission? | 伊朗驻联合国代表团有女性工作人员 |
[11:21] | Zoya Hashemi. | 佐雅·哈什米 |
[11:22] | She’s the second in command there. | 她是代表团的二把手 |
[11:24] | He was her personal driver. | 纳西姆是她的私人司机 |
[11:26] | And she was responsible for bringing him to the U.S. | 是她把他带来美国的 |
[11:29] | For her to get that job in that government, | 她在政界地位这么高 |
[11:30] | she must be very smart and very well-connected. | 一定很精明且人脉广泛 |
[11:33] | It would make her an ideal spoke in Vikner’s | 因此 她成为了维克尼尔 |
[11:35] | wheels-within-wheels outfit, don’t you think? | 复杂组织的理想发言人 你觉得呢 |
[11:37] | Why do you think she tired to frame him for killing us? | 那她为什么要把杀我们的罪过栽赃给他 |
[11:41] | You think she wanted to take over the group? | 难道她想在组织里篡权吗 |
[11:42] | Perhaps she grew tired of participating | 也许她已经厌倦了受他摆布 |
[11:44] | in the cancerous web of blackmail, | 参与敲诈勒索 造市 |
[11:47] | market manipulation and homicide that he maintains. | 这些毫无创意的恶心循环 |
[11:50] | The precise motive for her attempt on our life | 至于她究竟为什么想取你我性命 |
[11:52] | can only be guessed at, | 就只能靠猜了 |
[11:54] | but I think she sent Mr. Behzadi and his bomb. | 但我觉得巴扎迪和炸弹都是她所为 |
[11:58] | So, naturally, we should befriend this lady. | 这么说 我们还要感谢这位女士 |
[12:00] | I’d like her to understand there are other ways | 我想让她知道 |
[12:01] | to deal with a problem like Professor Vikner. | 还有其他方法可以对付维克尼尔教授 |
[12:05] | Perhaps she can provide the means. | 也许可以借她之手 |
[12:07] | So how do we get to her? | 那我们该如何接近她 |
[12:08] | We can’t just stroll into the U.N. and introduce ourselves. | 总不能大摇大摆走进联合国总部然后自我推荐吧 |
[12:10] | My father offered his assistance. | 我父亲说他能帮忙 |
[12:12] | I think we should accept. | 我觉得我们应该接受 |
[12:13] | You’re kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[12:14] | He said he’s willing to put his quest for retribution on hold. | 他说他愿意把报仇的事暂缓 |
[12:18] | You believed him? | 你相信他吗 |
[12:20] | We’re gonna need some help | 不过我们确实需要一些帮助 |
[12:21] | if we’re to turn Ms. Hashemi. | 才能搞定哈什米小姐 |
[12:39] | This professor– | 这位教授… |
[12:41] | what’s he like in person? | 他是个什么样的人 |
[12:44] | I’m sure you’ve been painting a portrait of evil | 自从萨宾去世后 |
[12:46] | in your mind’s eye since Sabine’s death, | 你脑海中凶手的形象一定是个恶魔 |
[12:48] | but it’s really not like that. | 但他并不是那样的人 |
[12:51] | A closer approximate would be Great Uncle Willard as a younger man. | 大概和威拉德伯祖父年轻时差不多 |
[12:58] | You haven’t said very much, Joan. | 你怎么一言不发 华生 |
[13:01] | You still don’t trust me, do you? | 你依然不相信我 对吧 |
[13:03] | No, I don’t. | 是的 我不信 |
[13:05] | So do you think your contacts in the region are sufficient | 你觉得你在这个地方的影响 |
[13:07] | to motivate Ms. Hashemi to help us? | 能说服哈什米小姐帮我们吗 |
[13:10] | This woman was willing to kill you | 这个女人为了扳倒维克尼尔 |
[13:13] | just to provoke Vikner’s removal. | 不惜杀掉你们 |
[13:15] | I don’t think that motivation will be the problem. | 我觉得动机不成问题 |
[13:19] | The method you’re proposing… | 你提议的方法… |
[13:23] | that’s where we may run into trouble. | 才可能是问题所在 |
[13:45] | I was told Rixar Energy was only sending | 我得到的消息是雷克萨能源 |
[13:47] | two representatives today. | 只派两个人来参加会面 |
[13:50] | Forgive us, Ms. Hashemi. | 抱歉 哈什米小姐 |
[13:52] | My old friend George may have given you | 可能是我的老朋友乔治 |
[13:54] | some inaccurate information about our party. | 报错了我们此行的人数 |
[13:58] | I do hope we can still meet privately. | 我还是希望能和您单独谈谈 |
[14:21] | No reason for pretense, I suppose. | 我想也没必要伪装了 |
[14:24] | We know you’re not religious. | 我们知道你不信教 |
[14:26] | We’ve been looking into you. | 我们调查过你 |
[14:27] | What else have you learned? | 你们还了解我哪些事 |
[14:29] | You’re a murderous hag. | 你是个蓄意谋杀的老巫婆 |
[14:32] | Oh, good. | 哦 太好了 |
[14:32] | We’re going to be direct. | 我们要直话直说了 |
[14:35] | In that case, I suppose I should start | 这样的话 我想我应该先为 |
[14:36] | by apologizing for having | 在你家安装炸弹 |
[14:38] | a bomb placed in your home. | 而向你道歉 |
[14:39] | So you don’t deny it? | 所以你不否认 |
[14:41] | I don’t have to, Ms. Watson. | 没必要 华生小姐 |
[14:42] | Such are the legal privileges my position affords me. | 这是我的地位提供给我的法律特权 |
[14:46] | You came here under false pretenses. | 你们带着伪装来到这里 |
[14:48] | There’s no more need for lies. | 现在没必要再说慌了 |
[14:50] | You want to talk about Joshua Vikner, correct? | 你们想谈谈乔舒亚·维克尼尔 对吗 |
[14:53] | So talk. | 那么谈吧 |
[14:54] | We know why you tried to kill us, Ms. Hashemi. | 我们知道你为什么要杀我们 哈什米女士 |
[14:56] | The professor was a poor choice to head up your cabal. | 要实施你的阴谋 教授不是个好的选择 |
[14:59] | He’s reckless, undisciplined. | 他冲动 不守规矩 |
[15:02] | We need a scalpel in that position, | 我们在那个位置需要的是细腻的手术刀 |
[15:04] | not a hammer. | 而不是莽撞的锤子 |
[15:07] | And your skirmishes with him | 而你和他的小冲突 |
[15:08] | have drawn too much attention. | 引来了太多的关注 |
[15:10] | Are you tying to tell me you’re going to help me kill him? | 你是想说你要帮我杀了他吗 |
[15:12] | Murder’s not on the table, I’m afraid. | 谋杀恐怕不可能 |
[15:15] | We don’t just want the head of the snake. | 我们不止想要蛇头 |
[15:17] | We want the whole slithering mass. | 我们要整个扭动的身体 |
[15:19] | We want to roll up your entire organization. | 我们要端了你的整个组织 |
[15:22] | Help us. | 帮帮我们 |
[15:23] | Tell us everything you know, | 告诉我们你知道的 |
[15:24] | and I will personally guarantee your safety. | 我将以个人名义保护你的安全 |
[15:29] | You think you can just roll up | 你觉得你能端了 |
[15:31] | what remains of Moriarty’s legacy? | 莫里亚蒂遗留下来的一切 |
[15:33] | As I should’ve done long ago. | 这是我老早就该做的 |
[15:36] | If that’s your plan, dear, | 如果那是你的计划 亲爱的 |
[15:40] | there’s something you should see. | 那么你得看看这个 |
[15:55] | Do you know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[15:56] | Looks like you’re tracking votes | 看起来你在追踪 |
[15:58] | from U.N. Members. | 联合国成员国的投票 |
[15:59] | Yes, but there’s much more to it than that. | 是的 但背后还有更多 |
[16:02] | Everything in English is for my staff’s consumption. | 所有用英语写的都是给我员工的消费 |
[16:05] | Everything in red is for me. | 所有红色的部分是给我的 |
[16:07] | The Persian script is in code. | 波斯语是加了密的 |
[16:09] | You won’t crack it. | 你解不了 |
[16:11] | The point is | 关键是 |
[16:12] | I want you to notice the amount of red notations. | 我想让你们注意到红色记号的数量 |
[16:15] | They represent recent activity | 它们代表了最近 |
[16:18] | of another global organization. | 另一家国际化组织的行为 |
[16:20] | You expect us to believe that your group is active | 你想让我们相信你的团队 |
[16:23] | in almost half the countries in the world? | 在全球近一半的国家中都很活跃 |
[16:25] | Sometimes it’s just an operative. | 有时只是一个工作人员 |
[16:27] | Sometimes it’s a mid-level bureaucrat | 有时是去敲诈一个 |
[16:29] | being blackmailed, or a financier. | 中层官员 或者资本家 |
[16:30] | In certain domains, | 在特定领域 |
[16:33] | there’s much more. | 这种情况更多 |
[16:35] | The point is | 关键是 |
[16:36] | you can’t just hope to roll up | 你不能只是希望端掉 |
[16:39] | a network as large as this. | 一家如此巨大的关系网 |
[16:41] | Now, perhaps you see | 现在 也许你知道 |
[16:42] | why I’ve acted the way I have. | 我为何有先前的举动了 |
[16:44] | Framing the professor with your deaths was my only chance. | 用你的死嫁祸给教授是我唯一的机会 |
[16:48] | I couldn’t risk another. | 我不能拿其他的冒险 |
[16:50] | Who said you have a choice? | 谁说你有选择权 |
[16:52] | We can expose you to the Iranian government. | 我们可以把你交给伊朗政府 |
[16:55] | Mr. Holmes, there at least a dozen names | 福尔摩斯先生 展板上至少有十几个名字 |
[16:57] | on that board that I fear more than my government. | 比我的政府更令我害怕 |
[16:59] | I have a family. | 我有家人 |
[17:01] | And Joshua Vikner will defend his position | 而乔舒亚·维克尼尔将会为了实现目的 |
[17:04] | as furiously as he fought to acquire it. | 激进地抗争以捍卫立场 |
[17:06] | We thought he just took over– who’d he have to fight? | 我们以为他只是接管 他要和谁抗争 |
[17:10] | If you won’t help us, maybe they will. | 如果你不能帮我们 也许他们会 |
[17:12] | You’re assuming they’re still alive. | 前提是他们还活着 |
[17:14] | As a matter of fact, he is. | 事实上 他确实活着 |
[17:18] | When Moriarty was captured… | 当莫里亚蒂被捕时 |
[17:21] | those with the most influence in the group realized | 跟随组织里最高层的人意识到 |
[17:24] | that we couldn’t continue on without a leader. | 他们没有领导就没法继续 |
[17:27] | We were, as you said, | 正如你所说 |
[17:28] | the snake, and we were eating our own tail. | 我们是蛇 而我们在自吞其尾 |
[17:30] | Certain candidates emerged– Vikner among them. | 某些候选人冒了出来 其中就有维克尼尔 |
[17:33] | But others, like myself, | 可是其他人 比如我 |
[17:35] | advocated for an individual outside the group. | 支持一个组织之外的人 |
[17:38] | A man we’d long admired. | 一个我们仰慕已久的人 |
[17:41] | A legend. | 一个传奇 |
[17:43] | He’d spent a lifetime playing dice with the globe, | 他毕生都在和世界打赌 |
[17:45] | and had profited immensely. | 从中获利巨大 |
[17:47] | He still does. | 他现在依旧如此 |
[17:50] | She’s talking about you. | 她说的是你 |
[17:52] | They wanted you to lead them. | 他们希望你来领导他们 |
[17:55] | Tell me you don’t see | 你敢说你看不出 |
[17:57] | art in what we do. | 我们工作的艺术性吗 |
[17:59] | Tell me | 你敢说 |
[18:00] | you couldn’t have perfected it. | 你不会想要完善它吗 |
[18:02] | That’s why Vikner tried to have him killed | 所以维克尼尔之前才想杀了他 |
[18:03] | back then — because he was in the way? | 因为他碍事了吗 |
[18:05] | He had to go. | 他必须死 |
[18:06] | Only he didn’t go. | 然而他没有死 |
[18:07] | He was only wounded. | 他只是受伤了 |
[18:08] | He lost a lover as well. | 他还失去了他的爱人 |
[18:10] | It gave Vikner the time he needed | 这让维克尼尔有时间 |
[18:12] | to solidify his position. | 来巩固他的位置 |
[18:15] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:17] | You wish my help. | 你希望得到我的帮助 |
[18:18] | But you’re living proof of what happens | 但你就是他感到权力受到威胁的后果的 |
[18:20] | when he perceives a threat to his power. | 活生生的证明 |
[18:31] | Are you smiling? | 你是在笑吗 |
[18:32] | How often do you learn so much so quickly? | 能有多少机会在短时间内了解这么多事 |
[18:34] | It’s invigorating. | 简直令人心旷神怡 |
[18:35] | Taken in total, the situation is quite daunting. | 总的来说 情势很艰巨 |
[18:37] | But we can crawl before we must run. | 但我们在忙起来之前还可以再缓一缓 |
[18:40] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[18:40] | Ms. Hashemi, she had the right idea. | 哈什米女士 她是对的 |
[18:42] | I object to her choice of targets, obviously, | 当然 我反对她选的目标 |
[18:45] | but it makes sense. | 但的确有道理 |
[18:46] | What does? | 什么有道理 |
[18:47] | We want to defeat Joshua Vikner. | 我们想要打败乔舒亚·维克尼尔 |
[18:49] | A way to do so has just been made quite plain. | 办法其实很简单 |
[18:51] | We’re gonna frame him for murder. | 我们诬陷他杀人 |
[19:12] | I think I found something. | 我想我发现了一些东西 |
[19:15] | Lance Chapel. | 兰斯·查普尔 |
[19:16] | Psycho Cinco. | 精神病五号 |
[19:18] | I’ve repeatedly asked you not to call him that. | 我说了好几次了 别那么叫他 |
[19:20] | It’s late. | 熬很晚了 |
[19:21] | I can call the crazy people whatever I want. | 我想叫这些疯子什么就叫什么 |
[19:23] | December 16 of 2012, | 2012年12月16日 |
[19:25] | there was a suspicious fire in his apartment building. | 他的公寓楼起火了 感觉很可疑 |
[19:28] | An old married couple was killed. | 一对老夫妇死于火灾 |
[19:29] | He was questioned because they had gotten into an argument | 他因几天前与他们吵架 |
[19:31] | a few days before. | 而被警方质询 |
[19:32] | Says here the Hofmanns were difficult tenants… | 这里写到霍夫曼夫妇是很难搞的租客 |
[19:34] | nosy, the keepers of dozens of cats. | 好管闲事 养了一大堆猫 |
[19:37] | Got into arguments with lots of their neighbors. | 经常和他们的邻居吵架 |
[19:39] | Right, but how many of them | 对 但你认为他们中有多少人 |
[19:40] | do you suppose took the DANTE survey in 2015, | 在2015年做过但丁问卷 |
[19:43] | and got outed as a psychopath? | 被识别出是精神变态者呢 |
[19:45] | Says here he was in a conference in Tokyo | 这里写说他十六号夜里 |
[19:47] | on the night of the 16th. | 在东京参会 |
[19:48] | We made those calendars | 我们做的日历表 |
[19:49] | based on where the Internet said Vikner had been. | 是网上查的维克尼尔的所在位置 |
[19:51] | – So? – So the Internet is not always right. | -所以呢 -网上的信息不一定是对的 |
[19:54] | It says here that photos were taken. | 这上面写说当时还拍了照片 |
[19:56] | This is your handwriting. | 是你自己写的 |
[19:57] | You can’t frame him for the fire. | 你不能诬陷他纵火 |
[19:59] | Maybe if we were not limiting ourselves to crimes | 如果我们查找的犯罪不仅限于 |
[20:02] | we think were committed by the DANTE psychos… | 但丁问卷筛选出来的精神变态者实施的 |
[20:04] | Do you disagree with the notion that they committed heinous acts | 难道你不同意这些人在被但丁问卷筛选出来前 |
[20:07] | before they were identified by the survey? | 就做过令人发指的行为吗 |
[20:08] | Of course not, I just accused Chapel of arson. | 当然同意 我刚说了我认为是查普尔纵火的 |
[20:11] | We now know that four of these people are dead, | 现在我们知道这些人里有四个已经死了 |
[20:12] | and two of them are already in prison. | 两个已经入狱了 |
[20:14] | Their fates are sealed. | 他们命数已定 |
[20:17] | We stick to the psychopaths. | 我们继续查这些变态 |
[20:25] | Do you think Morland would’ve said yes | 你觉得莫兰德会答应 |
[20:27] | to the offer to take over the group? | 接受领导那个组织的邀请吗 |
[20:29] | No. | 不 |
[20:31] | There’s no denying that over his long and storied career, | 不可否认 在他漫长著名的职业生涯里 |
[20:33] | my father has facilitated business deals | 我父亲为了简化生意流程 |
[20:35] | where death was a likely outcome for someone, somewhere. | 可能会在某地害死某人 |
[20:39] | But Vikner and his people, | 但维克尼尔和他的人 |
[20:40] | they pursue death as a business deal. | 是把死亡作为生意的 |
[20:42] | It’s a difference of kind, not of degree. | 这不一样 不是一个等级的 |
[20:46] | It makes the murder of Sabine Raoult all the more pointless. | 这让萨宾·拉乌尔死得更没意义了 |
[20:49] | My father was never a threat | 我的父亲从来不是维克尼尔 |
[20:52] | to Vikner’s ascendency… | 权势路途的阻碍 |
[20:57] | Did you find something? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[20:59] | Where’s the calendar for 2013? | 2013年的日历在哪 |
[21:02] | Kitchen– I brought it down there when I made my dinner. | 在厨房 我做晚饭时拿过去的 |
[21:11] | What is it? | 你想到什么了 |
[21:12] | Arthur Tetch, | 亚瑟·特彻 |
[21:13] | one of our two incarcerated psychopaths. | 两位被关起来的精神变态者其中之一 |
[21:15] | On April 3, 2013, | 在2014年4月3日 |
[21:17] | a young woman from his neighborhood went missing– | 他邻居的一位年轻女性失踪了 |
[21:19] | Autumn Dunbar. | 名叫奥特姆·邓巴 |
[21:21] | Two weeks later, she was found, | 两周后 她被砍成碎片的尸体 |
[21:23] | miles away, slashed to ribbons | 在几英里外的哈莱姆区中的 |
[21:24] | in a parking structure in Harlem. | 一个立体停车场里被发现了 |
[21:27] | It was obvious to the police that she’d been held somewhere. | 警察理所当然地认为她被监禁在某处 |
[21:29] | Tortured. | 饱受折磨 |
[21:31] | The theory was that she had escaped, | 警察的理论是她逃出来了 |
[21:33] | only to be pursued and then killed by her captor. | 但还是被劫走她的人追上并杀害了 |
[21:36] | Note the bit about her clothes. | 注意一下她的衣服 |
[21:37] | CSU found traces of sodium borate. | 犯罪现场调查小组发现了硼酸钠的痕迹 |
[21:40] | Aka borax, a component in many detergents. | 也就是硼砂 一种很多洗涤剂里都有的成分 |
[21:43] | So the police thought that she’d been held in a room | 所以警察认为她是被关在了一间 |
[21:45] | which contained cleaning supplies. | 储存有清洁用品的屋子里 |
[21:47] | But borax is also a preservative used in… | 但硼砂同时也是一种防腐剂 用在 |
[21:50] | Taxidermy, which is how Arthur Tetch made his living. | 动物标本剥制术 正是亚瑟·特彻的工作 |
[21:54] | He had a store in Harlem. | 他在哈莱姆区有一家店 |
[21:55] | Yeah, he moved not one month after Autumn’s murder. | 是的 奥特姆被害不到一个月他就搬走了 |
[21:58] | Perhaps to put some distance | 也许他是想让自己 |
[22:00] | between himself and the place that he held her. | 和他监禁她的地方保持点距离 |
[22:01] | Some more good news. | 还有更多好消息 |
[22:03] | Joshua Vikner was in New York the night she went missing | 她失踪那晚乔舒亚·维克尼尔在纽约 |
[22:06] | and the night her throat was slashed. | 她被杀的那晚也在 |
[22:08] | Okay, so we have a murder that we’re pretty sure | 好的 那么我们就有一件相当确定 |
[22:10] | was committed by Arthur Tetch and it fits our timetable. | 是由亚瑟·特彻犯下的命案并且时间也对的上 |
[22:12] | How are we gonna pin that to Viktor? | 我们如何把这案子和维克多联系起来呢 |
[22:13] | Produce a murder weapon. | 弄一把凶器出来 |
[22:15] | You seriously think that Tetch held onto that knife he used? | 你不会真认为特彻还留着那把刀吧 |
[22:17] | No, you misunderstand. | 不 你理解错了 |
[22:19] | We literally produce a murder weapon. | 我们如字面意思所说真的弄一把凶器出来 |
[22:21] | The right kind of blade | 一把能在任何一家五金店 |
[22:22] | can be procured at any hardware store. | 买到的符合犯罪现场调查结果的刀刃 |
[22:24] | Samples of Autumn Dunbar’s blood | 奥特姆 ·邓巴的血液样本 |
[22:26] | were preserved at several crime labs. | 被保存在好几个犯罪实验室里 |
[22:28] | I’ll find out which one has the weakest security, | 我会找出安保最薄弱的那间实验室 |
[22:30] | and I’ll pay them a visit before morning. | 然后天亮前去造访一番 |
[22:32] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[22:33] | We just stash the knife at Vikner’s office | 我们把刀藏在维克尼尔办公室里 |
[22:34] | and then call a tip in to the police? | 再打电话告诉警察吗 |
[22:36] | Too suspicious. | 太惹人怀疑了 |
[22:38] | I want the murder weapon to speak for itself. | 我想让凶器能不言而喻的指出凶手 |
[22:39] | As well as Autumn Dunbar’s blood, | 如同奥特姆·邓巴的血液一样 |
[22:41] | I want some evidence which ties it directly to Vikner. | 我需要一些能直接联系到维克尼尔的证据 |
[22:44] | Okay, so how are you gonna get that? | 好吧 那你准备怎么拿到这个证据 |
[22:45] | I’m not. You are. | 不是我 是你 |
[22:49] | Our world only gets more dangerous; it’s a fact. | 我们的世界只会变得更危险 事实如此 |
[22:53] | But that danger forces us to think, | 但这些危险迫使我们去思考 |
[22:55] | to look for new ways to organize ourselves. | 去寻找新的方法来规划自身 |
[22:58] | In the case of South Sudan, | 就南苏丹而言 |
[23:00] | attacks on hospitals and food banks | 对医院和食品库的攻击 |
[23:03] | have driven population groups | 把居民都逐离出了 |
[23:05] | out of city centers. | 市中心区域 |
[23:07] | I see that someone’s forgotten my rule | 看来有人忘了我定的 |
[23:09] | about phones in the classroom. | 不准在教室里使用手机的规矩 |
[23:19] | I think you want to take this. | 我觉得你会想接这个电话的 |
[23:23] | Excuse me a moment, will you? | 不好意思失陪一下 |
[23:25] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[23:45] | Hello? | 你好 |
[23:46] | Professor Vikner, this is Morland Holmes. | 维克尼尔教授 我是莫兰德·福尔摩斯 |
[23:51] | Mr. Holmes, this is an honor. | 福尔摩斯先生 真是荣幸 |
[23:54] | I’ve followed your career with great… | 我一直关注着你的事业 |
[23:56] | This conversation is not being recorded, if that’s of concern. | 我们的通话没有被录音 如果你担心的话 |
[24:01] | Why would you record a conversation | 你为什么要录一段和一位 |
[24:02] | with a perfect stranger? | 完全陌生的人的对话呢 |
[24:04] | You prefer we speak in hypotheticals. | 你喜欢用假定的形式来交谈 |
[24:06] | Very well. | 那好吧 |
[24:08] | Hypothetically, I’ve called to take you up on your offer. | 假设 我打来是要来接受你的提议的 |
[24:12] | What offer? | 什么提议 |
[24:14] | The one you proposed to my son the other day. | 你那天给我儿子的提议 |
[24:17] | You thought a peace could be brokered between us. | 你认为我们之间能达成一个和平协议 |
[24:20] | Your son said that was quite impossible. | 你儿子说这完全不可能 |
[24:23] | He was mistaken. | 他错了 |
[24:25] | It’s been known to happen. | 这事众所周知终归是会发生的 |
[24:27] | Well, not the way I’ve heard it. | 我听到的版本可不一样 |
[24:30] | I’m afraid the offer you’re referring to | 你说的这个提议恐怕 |
[24:32] | is no longer on the table. | 已经过了时效了 |
[24:34] | And why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[24:35] | These past few months, you’ve raised a ruckus, | 过去这几个月 你引起了一场骚动 |
[24:37] | I’ve had to raise one in return. | 我只能也用一场骚动来回击 |
[24:40] | I’ve finally drawn the attention of the people I oversee. | 我终于引起了我监视的人的注意 |
[24:43] | Some want it to stop. | 有人认为应该停止 |
[24:44] | More than a few think I’ve gone too easy on you. | 还有人认为我对你下手太轻了 |
[24:48] | Mm, they should visit my New York office. | 他们应该拜访我在纽约的办公室 |
[24:51] | At this point, I can think of only one thing | 从当前状态来看 |
[24:54] | that will guarantee peace. | 我能想到的可以确保和平的唯一方法 |
[24:57] | Your head on a pike. | 就是你的死亡 |
[24:59] | Hypothetically speaking, of course. | 当然只是个假设 |
[25:01] | Of course. | 当然 |
[25:03] | If you’re prepared to make that kind of sacrifice | 但如果你打算为了你的生意 |
[25:05] | for the sake of your business, your family, your legacy, | 你的家庭和你的遗产做出牺牲 |
[25:08] | you let me know. | 请让我知道 |
[25:10] | I’ll send a car. | 我会派辆车 |
[25:11] | We’ll work out the details face-to-face. | 我们可以当面解决细节问题 |
[25:21] | Are you sure you don’t want to stay? | 你确定你要走 |
[25:26] | You may learn something. | 也许你能学到些什么 |
[25:45] | Gonna do Vikner’s work for him, and jump? | 你要帮维克尼尔 自己跳下去吗 |
[25:50] | Despite how you might feel, that actually went quite well. | 不管你怎么想 事情进展得很顺利 |
[25:52] | We should have what we need. | 我们应该获得了我们需要的 |
[25:54] | Vikner’s fingerprints. | 维克尼尔的指纹 |
[25:56] | On the phone Watson gave him. | 在华生给他的手机上 |
[25:58] | She coated it with a special residue this morning– | 今天早上她在上面涂满了 |
[26:00] | a concoction of my own design, | 一种我设计的特殊成分 |
[26:01] | to make sure that they stuck. | 来确保指纹不会消失 |
[26:03] | We’ll then transfer them to the knife we procured, | 然后我们把它和奥特姆 ·邓巴的血 |
[26:05] | along with some of Autumn Dunbar’s blood. | 一起转移到我们找来的刀上 |
[26:07] | Then send it to your friends at the police department. | 然后拿给你在警局的朋友 |
[26:10] | No, lying to the captain is one thing. | 不 对警监撒谎是一回事 |
[26:13] | Making him complicit in a frame-up is quite another. | 让他参与陷害是另一回事 |
[26:16] | We’ll be sending the knife to the FBI. | 我们会把刀给联调局 |
[26:19] | Watson has an acquaintance there, | 华生认识一位 |
[26:20] | an agent by the name of Burke. | 名叫博克的探员 |
[26:22] | He’s a good man, but he’s not a bridge that we can’t burn. | 他是个好人 但他不是纯洁无暇的人 |
[26:25] | And as luck would have it, at the time of her disappearance, | 幸运的是 在她失踪的时候 |
[26:27] | Autumn Dunbar was working as a window clerk | 奥特姆 ·邓巴是在美国邮政局 |
[26:30] | for the United States Postal Service. | 工作的一名柜台职员 |
[26:31] | That makes her case federal. | 这让她的案子成为了联邦案件 |
[26:34] | I’m sure the Bureau will be quite happy with the new lead. | 我相信联调局一定会很高兴获得新的线索 |
[26:38] | I appreciate what you’re doing. | 我很感谢你所做的 |
[26:40] | I know how you work. | 我知道你的工作方式 |
[26:42] | Falsifying evidence can’t sit well with you. | 伪造证据不是你喜欢的 |
[26:45] | Desperate times. | 非常时期 |
[26:47] | Sometimes you have to bite the orange in order to peel it. | 有些时候为了剥橘皮你得用牙咬 |
[26:51] | Our plan’s not what’s troubling you though, is it? | 但让你心烦的不是我们的计划吧 |
[26:56] | It’s really something, | 这确实是大事 |
[26:58] | realizing that you are, for all appearances, | 意识到自己居然 |
[27:03] | the kind of man who would accept the leadership position | 可能成为那样一个组织的 |
[27:06] | in a group like that. | 领导人 |
[27:09] | I’ve always blamed myself | 因为萨宾的事 |
[27:10] | for what happened to Sabine. | 我一直责怪自己 |
[27:12] | I was sure I’d done something | 我一直确信是我做了什么 |
[27:15] | to upset a competitor | 激怒了我的对手 |
[27:17] | or acted too aggressively in a negotiation, | 或者我在谈判中太有攻击性 |
[27:19] | angered the wrong dictator or CEO. | 惹到了不该惹的独裁者或者总裁 |
[27:23] | I’d stay up at night, struggling to put a finger on it, | 为此我整夜睡不着 |
[27:27] | to figure out exactly what I’d done wrong. | 想知道我到底做错了什么 |
[27:30] | Right, ’cause it wasn’t one thing, was it? | 因为不是一件事 对吧 |
[27:32] | It was everything. | 而是所有的一切 |
[27:34] | Your life’s work. | 是你的整个职业生涯 |
[27:43] | You would have been a spectacular failure, by the way. | 顺便说一下 你会彻底失败 |
[27:47] | You don’t have the stuff to be an evil mastermind. | 你不具备成为邪恶头目的特质 |
[27:57] | Anything? | 有进展吗 |
[27:58] | I’m being taken to Gary right now. | 我正要去见加里 |
[28:00] | I assumed he would only contact you | 我猜应该是抓到了嫌疑犯 |
[28:01] | after a suspect was apprehended, | 所以他才联系你 |
[28:03] | but there’s been no mention of Vikner’s arrest in the news. | 但并没有关于维克尼尔被捕的新闻 |
[28:05] | I don’t think they’ve arrested him yet. | 我不认为他们已经逮捕了他 |
[28:07] | He just said there was a new development | 他是说他想谈谈 |
[28:08] | he wanted to talk about. | 新的进展 |
[28:09] | You’re sure that he believed you when you said | 你确定他相信你 |
[28:10] | we found the knife at the bottom of an elevator shaft? | 我们在电梯井下找到了刀 |
[28:12] | In the parking structure where Autumn Dunbar was killed. | 就在奥特姆 ·邓巴被杀的停车场 |
[28:14] | Yes, I’m sure. | 是 我确定 |
[28:16] | He said he’d put a rush on it at the lab. | 他说他会让实验室优先处理 |
[28:17] | I’ll be in touch. | 稍后联系 |
[28:21] | Joan… sorry for the wait. | 乔恩 让你久等了 |
[28:23] | No problem. What’s up? | 没问题 怎么了 |
[28:25] | Can we talk in my office? | 在我办公室里谈吧 |
[28:26] | Sure. | 当然 |
[28:30] | So, uh… | 是这样 |
[28:33] | the knife that you brought us– you were right, | 你给我们的刀 你是对的 |
[28:36] | the blood is a match for Autumn Dunbar. | 血液跟奥特姆 ·邓巴吻合 |
[28:39] | And we were able to lift a clean set of prints | 我们能提取到一组清晰的指纹 |
[28:41] | that matches the suspect you like, Joshua Vikner. | 跟你希望的嫌犯吻合 乔舒亚·维克尼尔 |
[28:45] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[28:46] | You said your partner took this case because he was bored? | 你说你搭档接这案子是因为他无聊 |
[28:50] | It happens sometimes. | 有时候会这样 |
[28:52] | Did either one of you tell anyone else | 你们有告诉其他人 |
[28:54] | about finding the knife? | 发现刀的事吗 |
[28:55] | No. Why? What’s going on? | 没有 怎么了 |
[28:57] | Well, a few hours ago, we went to look for Vikner, | 几小时前 我们去找维克尼尔 |
[29:00] | and he’s gone. | 他已经走了 |
[29:02] | He’s not at his house, not at his office. | 他不在家 也不在办公室 |
[29:04] | He hasn’t shown up for classes today. | 他今天也没去上课 |
[29:06] | His friends, his colleagues, they haven’t heard from him. | 他的朋友 同事都没他的消息 |
[29:08] | His phone’s off, his credit cards haven’t been used. | 他手机关了机 信用卡也没用过 |
[29:12] | So we’ve got a three-year-old cold case here, | 我们有了一桩三年前的悬案的线索 |
[29:16] | and this guy chooses this exact moment to go off the grid? | 而这人恰在这时消失了 |
[29:20] | You think someone tipped him off. | 你觉得有人给他透了口风 |
[29:22] | Joan, if you didn’t tell anyone, | 乔恩 如果你们没告诉别人 |
[29:24] | I wonder if somebody inside the Bureau tipped him off. | 我怀疑是局里的人给他报了信 |
[29:28] | Now, we’ll take it from here, | 接下来就让我们接手吧 |
[29:31] | but in the meantime, do me a favor. | 但与此同时 帮我个忙 |
[29:33] | Please be careful. | 务必小心 |
[29:36] | I’m worried there’s more to this guy than meets the eye. | 我觉得这人不只我们看到的这么简单 |
[29:48] | Sir? | 先生 |
[29:50] | Your son just called on the secure line. | 您儿子刚打到了安全线路上 |
[29:52] | He’s coming over. | 他过来了 |
[29:55] | Did he say why? | 他说原因了吗 |
[29:56] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[29:57] | But he did say we should bring on more people | 但他说我们接下来几小时 |
[29:58] | for the next few hours. | 该多叫些人来 |
[30:01] | He also suggested that we ready your plane. | 他还建议我们准备好您的飞机 |
[30:05] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[30:18] | If I had raised an optimist, you’d be here crowing. | 如果我养育了一个乐天派 你就该来吹嘘了 |
[30:23] | Vikner’s on the run. | 维克尼尔跑了 |
[30:24] | I’m not an optimist. | 我不是乐天派 |
[30:26] | Neither are you. | 你也不是 |
[30:28] | I see both sides. | 我会看到事情的两面 |
[30:31] | Clearly Vikner’s FBI sources have convinced him | 显然维克尼尔在联调局的线人说服了他 |
[30:34] | that the threat you posed was serious– | 你造成的威胁很严重 |
[30:37] | upending one’s life, becoming a fugitive– | 身背命案 成为逃犯 |
[30:40] | drastic steps for a public figure. | 作为公众人物也太激进了 |
[30:42] | It was necessary. | 这是必要的 |
[30:43] | He won’t easily shrug off Autumn Dunbar’s murder, | 他无法轻易摆脱奥特姆 ·邓巴的命案 |
[30:45] | and this will do little to quiet the dissent in his ranks. | 这对压制组织内反对他的人也毫无裨益 |
[30:48] | And that’s the end of the good news. | 好消息就到此为止了 |
[30:50] | Now he’s a wounded animal, striking out from the shadows. | 他现在是头受伤的野兽 被淘汰出局了 |
[30:57] | He’ll have to show strength, make an example of you. | 他得展示力量 拿你开刀 |
[31:01] | Not me. Perhaps you should return to London, | 不是我 也许你该搬回伦敦 |
[31:04] | where you’re better protected. | 你在那能得到更好的保护 |
[31:05] | Isn’t that what he’d expect? | 这不正顺了他的意吗 |
[31:07] | Well, if you prefer, | 如果你愿意 |
[31:08] | there’s whatever Greek island Mycroft is languishing on. | 这就是麦考夫该笑的时候了 |
[31:10] | I always imagined that you had a secret lair | 我总想象着你会在火山下安个秘密巢穴 |
[31:12] | beneath a volcano for such an occasion. | 以应对这样的情况 |
[31:15] | I’ll be gone in the morning. | 我早上就走 |
[31:16] | This matter will be resolved. | 这事会解决的 |
[31:17] | Watson and I will see to it. | 我和华生会搞定 |
[31:18] | Of that I have no doubt. | 这我毫不怀疑 |
[31:20] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢你 儿子 |
[31:41] | It’s Morland Holmes. | 我是莫兰德·福尔摩斯 |
[31:44] | The other day, you made me an offer. | 那天你有个提议 |
[31:48] | I’ve decided to accept it. | 我决定接受 |
[31:53] | Here you are. | 你在这儿呢 |
[31:55] | You disappeared on me. | 你跟我玩失踪 |
[31:57] | Vanishing men. It’s an epidemic. | 消失的人 这很流行 |
[31:59] | I think I passed out around 4:00. | 我好像四点左右就睡过去了 |
[32:01] | Last thing I remember, you were looking at Vikner’s financials. | 最后的印象是你在查维克尼尔的财务记录 |
[32:04] | A dry well. | 死路一条 |
[32:05] | He must be using some heretofore unidentified slush fund | 他肯定用了某些迄今还未被发现的行贿基金 |
[32:08] | to finance his flight from justice. | 来支撑他逃离法网 |
[32:10] | While you slept, I discarded several | 你睡觉的时候 我排除了一些 |
[32:12] | other possible ways to locate him. | 其他可能找到他的方式 |
[32:14] | No clues in his books about where he’d go? | 他的书里没留下线索说他会去哪吗 |
[32:16] | His case studies draw extensively from field research, | 他的案例研究很大程度借鉴了实地调研 |
[32:18] | but he’s too well-traveled to pin down, | 但他太常出行 很难锁定 |
[32:21] | not even to a favorite continent. | 甚至无法确定他喜欢哪个大洲 |
[32:23] | The next notion I entertained hinged on the hope | 然后我又希望 |
[32:26] | that he still maintains an interest in his biological daughter. | 他对他的亲生女儿还有兴趣 |
[32:29] | Tell me you weren’t thinking about | 告诉我你不是在考虑 |
[32:30] | kidnapping her to lure him out of hiding. | 要绑架她引他出来 |
[32:32] | I didn’t think about it for very long. | 我只是闪了下念头 |
[32:34] | Look, Vikner is a wanted man now. | 听着 维克尼尔现在是通缉犯了 |
[32:35] | He can’t operate the way he used to. | 他不能按以前的方式行事了 |
[32:37] | Maybe that has to be enough this time. | 也许这次这样就够了 |
[32:39] | Do you think this group can’t be run from somewhere else? | 你觉得这组织在别的地方就不能操控吗 |
[32:41] | Do you think he’s less dangerous now he’s on the run? | 你觉得他目前在逃就没那么危险了吗 |
[32:43] | Of course not, I just don’t want to keep lying to our friends. | 当然不是 我只是不想一直欺骗我们的朋友们 |
[32:46] | We can’t afford to worry about the authorities. | 我们无力分心去担心当局干涉了 |
[32:48] | You saw how big this network is. | 你也看到这网络有多庞大了 |
[32:50] | How do you really think this ends? | 你觉得这事到底会怎么了结 |
[32:57] | Mr. Gray. | 加里先生 |
[32:58] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[33:02] | What are you doing out of the hospital? | 你怎么从医院出来了 |
[33:04] | You should still be under observation. | 你应该还在观察期 |
[33:05] | Oh, I’m fine. I’ll be fine. | 我没事 没事的 |
[33:07] | I’m looking for your father. | 我在找你父亲 |
[33:09] | I haven’t been able to track him down anywhere. | 我到处都找不到他 |
[33:12] | He’s travelling today. | 他今天出远门了 |
[33:14] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么认为 |
[33:17] | I got this letter by courier, just a little while ago, | 有人给我送来了这封信 就刚才 |
[33:20] | and the man who delivered it to me | 送信的那人说 |
[33:22] | said that he stood by and watched your father write it. | 他在你父亲身旁看着他写的 |
[33:25] | You seem upset. | 你看起来很心烦 |
[33:27] | I’ve been the head of his security detail for 20 years. | 我做他安保团队的头儿已经20年了 |
[33:31] | He just terminated my employment, | 他刚把我解雇了 |
[33:33] | and I don’t understand why. | 我不明白为什么 |
[33:34] | If it’s about the other night, I-I | 如果是因为那天晚上的事 我… |
[33:36] | was following orders. | 我那是在执行命令 |
[33:38] | He told you to shoot that man? | 他让你枪杀那人的 |
[33:39] | No, I-I-I had to defend myself. | 不 我得自卫 |
[33:41] | If it upset him… | 如果这令他不高兴了… |
[33:42] | It doesn’t appear that you did. | 好像不是 |
[33:44] | 一千万解雇金还是很慷慨了 不是吗 拢10 million severance is quite generous, isn’t it? | |
[33:47] | It was too generous. | 太慷慨了 |
[33:49] | Your father has already been very good to me, to my family. | 你父亲一直对我和我的家人很好 |
[33:52] | Whatever I did, I want to apologize. | 不管我做了什么 我想道歉 |
[33:55] | I want to make a case for keeping the other men on. | 我想让其他人都留下 |
[33:58] | The other men? | 其他人 |
[33:59] | He terminated his entire team this morning. | 今早他解雇了他的整个团队 |
[34:03] | He said he didn’t need us any longer. | 他说他不再需要我们了 |
[34:05] | He said the danger had passed. | 他说危险已经过去了 |
[34:13] | You asked how this ends. | 你问这事会怎么了结 |
[34:14] | I think my father has a solution in mind. | 我想我父亲有想法了 |
[34:17] | He’s giving himself up to Vikner. | 他要把自己交给维克尼尔 |
[34:54] | Thank you for coming, Mr. Holmes. | 谢谢你过来 福尔摩斯先生 |
[34:56] | I promise this won’t take long at all. | 我保证不会太久的 |
[35:07] | No, you’re not listening to me! | 不 你没听我说 |
[35:08] | I… | 我 |
[35:11] | No luck at Zoya Hashemi’s office? | 佐雅·哈什米办公室那边没收获吗 |
[35:12] | I’d hoped to use every ounce of leverage we have | 我倒是想用上所以筹码 |
[35:14] | to get her to look into Vikner’s possible whereabouts, | 让她查查维克尼尔可能的藏身地 |
[35:16] | but her people won’t even connect me. | 可她的人根本不肯帮我接通 |
[35:18] | I tried to call Morland’s London office. | 我试着打给莫兰德伦敦的办公室 |
[35:19] | They claim they can’t reach him. | 他们说联系不上他 |
[35:21] | We can’t be sure he’s giving himself up. | 我们不能确定他要去自投罗网 |
[35:22] | If there’s another reason for him severing ties | 要是还有其他理由能解释 |
[35:24] | with his entire security team, I’d like to hear it. | 他解散了整个团队 我洗耳恭听 |
[35:29] | Gary? | 加里 |
[35:30] | We got a hit on Vikner’s cell phone. | 我们查到了维克尼尔的手机 |
[35:33] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑 |
[35:33] | Right now, it’s pinging three towers in Yonkers. | 现在洋克市的三个信号塔都有他的信号 |
[35:36] | Looks like he’s holed up in an abandoned power plant | 看起来他在一个废弃的发电厂里 |
[35:38] | at Ravine and Glenwood. | 在拉维尼和格伦伍德之间 |
[35:40] | I’ve got a SWAT unit en route. | 有一队特警队在路上了 |
[35:41] | We’ll meet you there, just tell your guys be careful. | 我们在那边汇合 让你的人小心 |
[35:43] | He could have a hostage with him. | 他可能有人质 |
[35:52] | This is an active scene, you two got to stay back. | 这是行动现场 你们得退后 |
[35:53] | Agent Burke! | 博克特工 |
[35:54] | You can’t be here. | 你们不能待在这儿 |
[35:55] | Joan Watson. | 乔恩·华生 |
[35:55] | This is Sherlock Holmes, we’re with the NYPD. | 这是夏洛克·福尔摩斯 我们是纽约警局的 |
[35:57] | It’s all right, they’re with me. | 没关系 他们跟我一起的 |
[36:00] | We’re just arriving. | 我们刚到 |
[36:01] | We’re still sweeping the facility. | 还在清扫大楼 |
[36:03] | I don’t see any vehicles. | 我没看到任何车辆 |
[36:04] | We think Vikner took off. | 我们认为维克尼尔跑了 |
[36:06] | His phone’s still pinging. | 他的手机还在发射信号 |
[36:08] | It’s hard to get an accurate read. | 很难读出准确位置 |
[36:09] | This concrete, | 这栋建筑 |
[36:10] | it’s playing havoc with all our signals. | 会破坏所有信号 |
[36:13] | Why would this guy drag us out here, Joan? | 这人为什么把我们引来这里 华生 |
[36:16] | You said you thought he might have a hostage. | 你说你觉得他可能有人质 |
[36:18] | Another girl or what? | 还有个女孩还是怎么的 |
[36:19] | …ody here. | …这里 |
[36:21] | Say again, team leader. | 再说一次 领队 |
[36:23] | I said, we got a body here. | 我说这里发现具尸体 |
[36:26] | Let’s get inside. | 咱们进去吧 |
[36:42] | What do we got? | 什么情况 |
[36:49] | Is it self-inflicted? | 这是自己造成的吗 |
[36:51] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得不是 |
[36:52] | There’s no gun. | 没有枪 |
[37:24] | They stay here even during winter, do they not? | 它们就算冬天也会待在这里 是吧 |
[37:28] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[37:29] | The bees. | 我是说蜜蜂 |
[37:31] | This is their home… | 这是它们的家 |
[37:33] | rain or shine. | 无论晴雨 |
[37:36] | Yes, let’s talk about bees, | 好 咱们说说蜜蜂吧 |
[37:38] | instead of the execution you just carried out in Yonkers. | 别提你在洋克市执行的处决了 |
[37:45] | I didn’t lay a finger on Professor Vikner. | 我没碰过维克尼尔教授 |
[37:48] | Who did? | 那是谁干的 |
[37:50] | Associates of a new friend. | 一个新朋友的朋友 |
[37:53] | Ms. Hashemi. | 哈什米女士 |
[37:58] | After our meeting the other day, she contacted me, | 我们那天见面后 她联系了我 |
[38:01] | and said she wanted to offer her assistance, after all. | 说她想帮忙 |
[38:06] | We wanted her help in putting Vikner in prison. | 我们想让她帮忙把维克尼尔送进监狱 |
[38:08] | She had a different plan. | 她有个不同的计划 |
[38:10] | So she baited the trap, she drew him out, | 于是她布置了陷阱 把他引了出来 |
[38:12] | and now she ascends to his throne. | 现在她快接近他的王座了 |
[38:14] | Actually, Ms. Hashemi | 其实 哈什米女士 |
[38:17] | is not taking Vikner’s place. | 不会取代维克尼尔的位置 |
[38:22] | I am. | 是我 |
[38:23] | What? | 什么 |
[38:24] | Her idea. | 她的主意 |
[38:26] | That Vikner goes away | 维克尼尔消失 |
[38:27] | and she gets what she’s wanted for several years. | 而她能得到她觊觎了多年的东西 |
[38:32] | A steadier hand at the wheel of the group. | 组织里一个更坚定的领导 |
[38:35] | You know, you haven’t told a joke | 我认识你四十年了 |
[38:36] | in the four decades I’ve known you. | 都没听你说过笑话 |
[38:38] | Better late than never, I suppose. | 算是虽晚不迟吧 |
[38:40] | I did it for you, Sherlock. | 我是为了你 夏洛克 |
[38:43] | You and Joan. | 为了你和乔恩 |
[38:46] | It was the only way to guarantee they’d never harm you. | 只有这样才能保证他们不会伤害你们 |
[38:48] | Well, there’s a rule in place established by the group’s founder. | 组织的建立者立了一条规矩 |
[38:52] | Didn’t stop a bomb | 并没能阻止 |
[38:53] | from appearing at your house the other night, did it? | 那晚你的办公室出现炸弹 不是吗 |
[38:56] | I told you. | 我说过了 |
[38:58] | I will not lose my son. | 我不要失去我的儿子 |
[39:02] | So, you’re only recourse was to become | 所以你唯一的方式 |
[39:03] | head of an organization which murders for profit. | 就是成为一个为钱杀人的组织的头目 |
[39:06] | How else would I dismantle it? | 不然我还能怎样 |
[39:11] | Ms. Hashemi was right. | 哈什米女士是对的 |
[39:13] | The group is virtually impervious to threats from the outside… | 这组织不会受到外界威胁的影响 |
[39:18] | but a threat from the inside, on the other hand… | 但内部威胁却能动摇它 |
[39:22] | What you’re describing would be suicide. | 你说的那相当于自杀 |
[39:24] | I should be returning to London this evening. | 我今晚该回伦敦了 |
[39:29] | The group will no longer have a presence in New York. | 组织将不再出现在纽约 |
[39:33] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[39:39] | What is it about you and I, | 我们到底怎么了 |
[39:42] | that we do so much harm to the ones we allege to care about? | 总是对我们关心的人造成这么多伤害 |
[39:51] | I know about Irene Adler now. | 我知道艾琳·艾德勒的事了 |
[39:54] | Ms. Hashemi explained. | 哈什米女士向我解释了 |
[39:56] | For years, you blamed yourself for her death. | 多少年来 你为她的死而自责 |
[39:59] | You never questioned it… | 你从未质疑过 |
[40:02] | and the case could be made that your brother | 也可以认为你哥哥遭到流放 |
[40:04] | is in banishment because of you. | 是因为你 |
[40:06] | Do you have a point? | 你想说什么 |
[40:09] | Being loved by you is a dangerous thing, Sherlock. | 被你所爱是很危险的 夏洛克 |
[40:13] | Probably why I’m still alive. | 也许这就是我还活着的原因 |
[40:17] | Men like us… | 我们这样的人 |
[40:19] | we’re not meant to make such connections. | 我们不该有太多牵挂 |
[40:21] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[40:24] | Ask yourself: | 问问你自己 |
[40:26] | who do you love more than any other in the world? | 这世上你最爱谁 |
[40:31] | What do you think will happen if you stay with her? | 如果你继续跟她待在一起 你觉得会怎样 |
[40:47] | Got your message. | 收到你的短信了 |
[40:50] | Why are we at your father’s safe house? | 我们来你父亲的安全屋干什么 |
[40:53] | ‘Cause I was notified earlier on | 因为我早前得到通知 |
[40:55] | that it is now my safe house. | 这里现在是我的安全屋了 |
[40:57] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[40:59] | Before my father left New York, | 我父亲离开纽约前 |
[41:00] | he gave up several of his properties. | 他放弃了好几处房产 |
[41:02] | Some to charity. | 有的给了慈善机构 |
[41:03] | This one… to me. | 这里给了我 |
[41:08] | Hmm, are we moving? | 我们要搬家吗 |
[41:09] | I’m not. | 我不搬 |
[41:10] | Thought you might like it. | 我觉得你可能会喜欢 |
[41:14] | You’re offering me my own place? | 你要给我提供自己住的地方 |
[41:18] | Does this have anything to do with all that junk | 这跟你父亲那晚 |
[41:20] | that your father said to you the other night? | 对你说的那些废话有关吗 |
[41:22] | If by “Junk” you mean his belief | 如果你说的”废话”是指 |
[41:23] | that I’m a cancer to my friends and colleagues, | 我对我的朋友和同事来说如同癌症 |
[41:25] | then yes, that junk. | 那么是的 就是那些废话 |
[41:27] | What’s next? | 然后呢 |
[41:28] | Different precincts? | 你要去另一个分局吗 |
[41:30] | Or are you thinking about leaving New York entirely? | 还是你打算永远离开纽约 |
[41:32] | Maybe we shouldn’t even be on the same continent. | 也许我们都不该待在同一个大洲 |
[41:34] | You jest, but there is a case to be made. | 你在开玩笑 不过确实有道理 |
[41:36] | You are not your father; you never will be. | 你不是你父亲 你也永远不会是他 |
[41:38] | If he thinks he needs to be alone for the rest of his life, | 如果他觉得自己下半辈子要孤身一人 |
[41:40] | that is his problem. | 那是他的问题 |
[41:45] | So, do you suppose your sister will help us sell this place? | 你觉得你妹妹能帮我们卖掉这里吗 |
[41:48] | That’s a good question. | 这是个好问题 |
[41:49] | We can ask her over dinner. | 我们吃饭的时候可以问问她 |
[41:52] | We should ask Marcus to join, too. | 我们该把马库斯也叫上 |
[41:53] | What does he know about real estate? | 他懂什么房地产的事 |
[41:55] | Probably nothing, | 可能并不懂 |
[41:57] | but he’s single and so is Lin. | 但他是单身 玲也是 |
[42:02] | And to think that my father thought | 我父亲居然还觉得 |
[42:03] | that I was the greatest threat to our circle of friends. | 我对自己的朋友圈是最大的威胁 |
[42:07] | Well, what’s the worst thing that could happen? | 最坏还能怎样 |