时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Sherlock! I’m heading to the precinct. | 夏洛克 我要去警局了 |
[00:09] | Watson, you know Everyone. | 华生 你认识人人[大家]吧 |
[00:12] | Actually, I don’t know anyone. | 我一个都不认识 |
[00:14] | No, I mean Everyone with a capital “E.” | 不 我是指那个”人人” |
[00:16] | The hacker collective. | 黑客组织 |
[00:17] | These are six of their members. | 这是其中的六位成员 |
[00:20] | And what are they doing in our living room? | 他们来我们这里做什么 |
[00:22] | They’ve come to help with your clothing drive | 他们是来帮你给流浪者之家 |
[00:24] | for Haven for the Homeless. | 捐衣服的 |
[00:25] | I’ve just helped them out of a spot of bother with the NSA, | 我帮他们解决了国安局那边的一个麻烦 |
[00:28] | and they owe me. | 所以他们欠我个人情 |
[00:31] | That’s really great, but… | 这样挺好 不过 |
[00:35] | Um, what are they doing? | 他们在干什么 |
[00:37] | They are giving you their clothing. | 他们要把自己的衣服给你 |
[00:40] | When they help me, they collect payment | 我们找他们帮忙时 他们的条件是 |
[00:41] | by asking me to humiliate myself, | 让我自己出丑 |
[00:43] | so fair’s fair, is it not? | 所以 以其人之道还治其人之身嘛 |
[00:48] | Okay, all of this is gonna have to be washed. | 好吧 但这些衣服都得洗一遍 |
[00:51] | Yup. | 好 |
[00:53] | Does your charity require undergarments? | 你们的慈善会需要内衣吗 |
[00:57] | Better safe than sorry, no? | 问问总比不问好 是吧 |
[01:00] | Got one more batch for you. | 又给你拿来一批 |
[01:02] | Oh, great. You can just put it right there. Thanks. | 太好了 放那儿就行 谢了 |
[01:05] | Who knew cops could be so generous? | 谁能想到警察们能这么大方呢 |
[01:08] | This is the fourth clothing drive | 这是我在这四年里的 |
[01:09] | I’ve done here in four years, | 第四次组织捐衣服了 |
[01:10] | and the donations go up every year. | 而且每一次收到的衣服都比前一次多 |
[01:12] | Oh, parking’s all set for your friend, by the way. | 对了 停车场也给你朋友准备好了 |
[01:14] | I just hope she brought a big enough car. | 但愿她开的车能装得下 |
[01:18] | Are those bullet holes? | 这些是枪眼吗 |
[01:20] | Yeah, that used to belong to Sherlock. | 是的 是夏洛克的 |
[01:22] | Funny, you not telling me he was dead. | 真有意思 你没跟我说他死过啊 |
[01:25] | No one shot him. | 他没中枪 |
[01:26] | I think he was using that in an experiment. | 我想他是用来做实验的 |
[01:28] | He proved tweed isn’t bulletproof. He must be proud. | 他证明了花呢挡不了子弹 他一定很骄傲吧 |
[01:32] | Oh, Tammy! | 塔米 |
[01:36] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[01:38] | Joan. | 乔恩 |
[01:43] | Good to see you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[01:45] | Sorry, but someone wrote us a check today– | 抱歉失态了 今天有人给了张支票 |
[01:47] | a big one. | 数额很大的支票 |
[01:49] | Five zeroes big. | 有五个零呢 |
[01:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:51] | Really. And it is all thanks to you. | 真的 这都是你的功劳 |
[01:54] | What are you talking about? | 这是什么意思 |
[01:55] | The guy who wrote the check, | 开支票的那个人 |
[01:57] | the guy who just guaranteed | 那个确保了 |
[01:58] | we can keep Haven up and running | 流浪者之家 |
[01:59] | for at least the next five years, | 至少能再经营五年的人 |
[02:01] | he is a friend of yours. | 他是你的一个朋友 |
[02:04] | Who? | 谁 |
[02:04] | Morland Holmes. | 莫兰德·福尔摩斯 |
[02:07] | He… he is a friend of yours, right? | 他 他是你的朋友吧 |
[02:11] | Yeah, that’s a good question. | 这是个好问题 |
[02:15] | You’re the new guy. | 你是新来的 |
[02:16] | And for the new guy, every day here starts the same way. | 而新来的人 每天的开始都是一样的 |
[02:20] | At least in the winter. | 至少冬天是这样 |
[02:23] | Attention, all bums, this is your 6:00 A.M. wake-up call! | 起来了 流浪汉们 已经六点了 |
[02:27] | Time to hit the road! | 该去工作了 |
[02:30] | See, they like the warm air | 你看 他们很喜欢 |
[02:31] | that comes out of this grate, | 这个壁炉散发出的热气 |
[02:33] | but can’t have a bunch of homeless out front | 不过客人们就要来了 |
[02:36] | when the customers start to show. | 不能让流浪汉待在门前 |
[02:38] | Should I go back inside, maybe get them some of the day-olds? | 我要不要去拿些隔夜的食物给他们 |
[02:40] | What, you want to encourage them? | 怎么 你还想鼓励他们常来吗 |
[02:42] | Hey, buddy. | 伙计 |
[02:44] | You deaf? | 你聋了吗 |
[02:45] | You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here. | 虽然你不用回家 但你也不能待在这里 |
[02:50] | You got five seconds, then I’m gonna tear that blanket off. | 给你五秒钟 否则我就要把毯子掀开了 |
[02:53] | I don’t think it’s a blanket. | 那好像不是毯子 |
[02:55] | It’s, like, attached to him, see? | 好像是 穿在他身上的 |
[02:58] | I think it’s a cape. | 应该是个披风 |
[03:14] | Meet the Midnight Ranger. | 这位是午夜游侠 |
[03:16] | M.E. puts the time of death around 11:00 last night. | 法医说死亡时间大约是昨晚十一点 |
[03:19] | Body was found a little before 6:00 this morning. | 尸体是今早将近六点时被发现的 |
[03:21] | Took someone seven hours | 一个穿成这样的人死了 |
[03:23] | to find a dead body dressed like this? | 居然过了七小时才有人发现 |
[03:26] | Well, either his cape fell over him when he fell, | 要么他倒下的时候被披风裹住了 |
[03:28] | or the person who shot him tucked him in. | 要么就是杀他的人给他盖上的 |
[03:31] | To anyone who walked by, | 对过往的行人来说 |
[03:32] | he just looked like a homeless guy trying to stay warm. | 他看上去就像个盖着东西的流浪汉 |
[03:34] | Believe it or not, | 信不信由你 |
[03:35] | he wasn’t coming home from a costume party. | 他可不是在从化装舞会回家的路上 |
[03:37] | These were his work clothes– sort of. | 这就是他的工作服 算是吧 |
[03:39] | He walked a beat in Greenpoint almost every night. | 他每天晚上都在绿点区巡逻 |
[03:43] | Real-life superhero. | 现实世界的超级英雄 |
[03:46] | One of a subculture of ordinary men and women | 这是一种亚文化 一群普通的人 |
[03:49] | who don costumes to perform acts of public service. | 穿着奇装异服去为社会做贡献 |
[03:53] | I’m familiar with the phenomenon, | 我很了解这种现象 |
[03:55] | though I’ve never delved too deeply | 尽管我没有深入研究过 |
[03:56] | into the affairs of the heroes who operate in New York. | 在纽约行侠仗义的英雄的事迹 |
[04:00] | They mostly just scold litterbugs | 他们通常只是骂一下乱丢垃圾的人 |
[04:01] | and help little old ladies across the street. | 或者扶老太太过马路 |
[04:03] | Mm, some of them fight crime, too. | 有些人也在打击犯罪 |
[04:05] | The Midnight Ranger liked to hassle street level drug dealers. | 午夜游侠喜欢去找街头毒贩的麻烦 |
[04:08] | Even chased down a purse-snatcher or two. | 甚至还抓过几个扒手 |
[04:10] | Well, obviously he got in over his head last night. | 很显然他昨天晚上惹错人了 |
[04:13] | Or someone came looking for him. | 或者是别人找上了门 |
[04:15] | The shooter used armor-piercing rounds. | 枪手用的是穿甲弹 |
[04:17] | Considering the Midnight Ranger wore armor, | 考虑到午夜游侠穿着防弹衣 |
[04:19] | it’s possible he was targeted. | 所以很有能他是被人盯上了 |
[04:20] | Maybe by someone he tangled with in the past. | 可能是他以前惹过的什么人 |
[04:23] | You keep using his hero name, the Midnight Ranger. | 你一直用午夜游侠这个名字称呼他 |
[04:26] | That’s ’cause I have to. | 我也没办法 |
[04:27] | There wasn’t any I.D. on the body. | 他身上没有任何身份证件 |
[04:29] | That’s why I called, thought maybe you could help | 所以我才找了你们 想着你们或许能 |
[04:30] | figure out his secret identity. | 查出他的秘密身份 |
[04:34] | This is an impressive suit. | 这衣服很不错 |
[04:37] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[04:38] | If you look closely, you’ll see the button holes, | 如果你仔细看 可以看到纽扣眼 |
[04:41] | which attach the cape to the shoulder armor, | 可以把披风扣到肩甲上 |
[04:43] | are tailor-made. | 这是裁缝定制的 |
[04:44] | Not homemade or factory made. | 不是自制也不是工厂批量生产 |
[04:46] | They’re straight-cut and hand sewn by an expert. | 这种直裁和手工是出自专业之手 |
[04:49] | Now, given that the Midnight Ranger’s territory | 考虑到午夜游侠的领地 |
[04:51] | was Greenpoint, | 在绿点区 |
[04:53] | perhaps you should visit some of the | 也许你该去拜访一些 |
[04:54] | neighborhood tailors, dry cleaners. | 街坊裁缝 干洗店员 |
[04:56] | There might be a seamstress or a seamster | 说不定有哪个裁缝 |
[04:58] | who knows his real identity. | 知道他的真实身份 |
[05:00] | Watson and I, meanwhile, | 与此同时 华生和我 |
[05:01] | will adjourn to the New York offices of Superlative Comics. | 将前往无极动漫公司纽约办公室 |
[05:05] | What for? | 去干什么 |
[05:06] | Well, unlike his civic-minded brethren, | 不同于他那些热心公益的兄弟们 |
[05:08] | our victim did not come up with his own | 我们的受害者没想出他自己的 |
[05:11] | superhero name and costume. | 超级英雄名字和制服 |
[05:13] | Rather, he assumed the identity | 相反 他采用了 |
[05:14] | of a character owned and copyrighted by Superlative. | 无极旗下享有版权的人物 |
[05:18] | I know. I used to read the Midnight Ranger when I was a kid. | 我知道 我小时候读过《午夜游侠》 |
[05:21] | Do you seriously think this guy got gunned down | 你真觉得这个人 |
[05:24] | by an angry comic book company? | 是被一家愤怒的动漫公司给杀的 |
[05:25] | No, but Superlative were none too happy | 不 但无极也不会很高兴 |
[05:28] | about the infringement, | 被人侵权 |
[05:29] | and they’ve been trying to find out the Midnight Ranger’s identity | 他们也在查午夜游侠的身份 |
[05:31] | for well over a year. | 查了一年多了 |
[05:34] | So they might know more about him than we do. | 所以他们应该知道的比我们多 |
[05:37] | Well, it makes a certain amount of sense | 我们的无名氏模仿的是午夜游侠 |
[05:38] | that our John Doe would emulate the Midnight Ranger, | 而不是无极系列的其他英雄 |
[05:40] | as opposed to other heroes in the Superlative library. | 还是很有道理的 |
[05:43] | The Ranger has no real superpowers. | 游侠没有真正的超能力 |
[05:46] | He is simply an Olympic-level athlete | 他只是个奥林匹克级别的运动员 |
[05:47] | with an obscenely high IQ | 外加拥有超高智商 |
[05:49] | who, for some reason, remains oblivious | 这个人 不知为何 一直无视着 |
[05:50] | to the lure of the Olympic games and the Nobel Prize. | 奥林匹克竞赛和诺贝尔奖的诱惑 |
[05:53] | He didn’t dedicate himself to crime-fighting, however, | 但他起初并没献身于抓捕罪犯 |
[05:56] | until his fiancée, Rebecca Rogers, was murdered by… | 直到她的未婚妻 瑞贝卡·罗杰斯被杀 |
[05:58] | You really think I don’t know the origin | 你真觉得我不知道 |
[06:00] | of the Midnight Ranger? | 午夜游侠的起源吗 |
[06:02] | My brother was a geek, remember? | 我哥是个宅男 记得吗 |
[06:04] | I know the origins of all of the Superlative heroes. | 我知道所有无极英雄的故事起源 |
[06:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:08] | Really. | 真的 |
[06:11] | Exposed to theta radiation by his scientist parents. | 被科学家父母的Θ射线辐射了 |
[06:15] | Stung by a radioactive scorpion. | 被一只放射性毒蝎蛰了 |
[06:18] | Uh, nuclear power plant explosion. | 受了核电站爆炸的影响 |
[06:21] | In what universe are these people not all dead from cancer? | 这些人怎么会没死于癌症 |
[06:23] | When’s the last time you heard from your father? | 你最近一次和你父亲联系是什么时候 |
[06:25] | It’s been a few months. Why? | 几个月前 怎么了 |
[06:26] | Miss Watson. | 华生小姐 |
[06:28] | Uh, Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[06:30] | Al Baxter. I edit the Midnight Ranger book. | 我是阿尔·巴克斯特 《午夜游侠》的编辑 |
[06:33] | I was told you have questions about him. | 我听说你们想咨询一下他的事 |
[06:35] | We do have questions, just not about your Ranger. | 我们确实有事咨询 不过不是你的游侠 |
[06:38] | The flesh and blood Midnight Ranger was shot dead last night. | 有个真人版午夜游侠昨晚被枪杀了 |
[06:41] | Unfortunately, the bullets used were not radioactive, | 不幸的是 子弹不是放射性的 |
[06:43] | so he’ll be remaining quite dead. | 所以他变不了身 死透了 |
[06:47] | I got no idea who this guy is. | 我不认识这个人 |
[06:49] | You got any idea who this guy is? | 你知道他是谁吗 |
[06:51] | I knew something like this would happen. | 我就知道会有这种事发生 |
[06:53] | As soon as this idiot started operating a couple years back, | 这个蠢货几年前刚开始行动时 |
[06:56] | I said to my guys, | 我就跟我手下人说 |
[06:57] | we got two possible outcomes: | 只有两种可能: |
[07:00] | he hurts someone | 要么他伤害别人 |
[07:01] | or someone hurts him. | 要么他被人伤害 |
[07:02] | Either way, it gets us all the wrong headlines. | 不管哪种情况 报道都对我们不利 |
[07:04] | At the worst possible time. | 何况现在是非常时期 |
[07:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:07] | We sent our lawyers after the real Ranger | 我们在真人版游侠出现后请了律师 |
[07:09] | because we had to protect our licensing deals. | 因为我们必须要保护我们的授权协议 |
[07:11] | But now we’re in talks with a studio | 可现在我们在和一个工作室商量 |
[07:14] | about a major motion picture. | 合作一部电影 |
[07:16] | So we finally get our slice of that superhero movie cake, | 所以我们终于分到了超级英雄电影的一杯羹 |
[07:19] | made from layers of money. | 白花花的银子来了 |
[07:21] | For a character whose book is hardly selling? | 凭一个不怎么卖得动的动漫人物吗 |
[07:23] | This is a reimagining. | 我们有再创造 |
[07:25] | A new Midnight Ranger, relevant to today’s society. | 一个全新的午夜游侠 和今日社会息息相关 |
[07:28] | Sandy means darker, more violent. | 桑迪的意思是更黑暗 更暴力 |
[07:30] | Could the death of the real Ranger affect the deal? | 真人版游侠死了会影响协议吗 |
[07:32] | It can’t help. | 肯定没有促进作用 |
[07:34] | But on the plus side, | 但从好的方面想 |
[07:35] | the picture wouldn’t be in theaters for at least a couple more years. | 电影几年后才会上映 |
[07:39] | Any luck, | 走运的话 |
[07:40] | this real Ranger mishegas will be squarely in our rearview mirror. | 这个真人游侠烂摊子不会影响我们 |
[07:44] | You said you wanted everything our investigators turned up. | 你说你要我们的调查员发现的全部信息 |
[07:47] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[07:48] | But I’ll tell you right now, it isn’t much. | 可我要告诉你 没什么用 |
[07:51] | Your dead guy’s real superpower, turns out, | 死者真正的超能力其实是 |
[07:52] | was being able to run faster than people trying to serve him papers. | 能跑得比给他送法律文书的人快 |
[07:56] | We got some blurry pictures, | 我们拿到了几张模糊图像 |
[07:58] | an idea of where his regular patrol was, that’s it. | 大致能知道他的常规巡逻路线 仅此而已 |
[08:01] | We’ll take whatever you’ve got. | 你们有什么我们都要 |
[08:04] | Yeah, that’s my stitching. | 没错 那是我的针脚 |
[08:07] | I’d like to show you a picture of the man who got killed. | 我要给你看张被害者的照片 |
[08:09] | You won’t see anything graphic, just the face. | 你不会看到血淋淋的场景 只有他的脸 |
[08:12] | That be okay? | 可以吗 |
[08:14] | All right. Yeah. | 好吧 可以 |
[08:21] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[08:23] | That’s definitely him. | 绝对是他 |
[08:24] | Do you know his name? | 你知道他叫什么吗 |
[08:27] | You know, there used to be a lot of crime in this neighborhood. | 这个小区之前发生了很多案子 |
[08:30] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[08:32] | Back in 2010, we were held up twice in the same month. | 2010年 我们一个月就被抢了两次 |
[08:37] | Twice. By the same guy. | 两次 都是同一个人 |
[08:39] | Cops never caught him. | 警察一直没抓住他 |
[08:44] | I never saw the Ranger in action. | 我从没看见过游侠行动 |
[08:45] | I mean, it’s not like he drove around is a Midnight Mobile. | 他又不会骑个午夜摩托到处巡逻 |
[08:49] | But I’m telling you, | 但我跟你说 |
[08:50] | last couple of years, things got better. | 最近几年 情况好多了 |
[08:53] | People felt safer. | 人们更有安全感了 |
[08:55] | He didn’t want anybody to know his real name, | 他不想让任何人知道他的真实姓名 |
[08:56] | so, uh, why should I tell you? | 所以 我为什么要告诉你呢 |
[08:59] | Because you don’t want the person who did this | 因为你不想让做出这种事的凶手 |
[09:01] | to get away with murder. | 逍遥法外 |
[09:09] | His name was Danny. Danny Dalton. | 他的名字是丹尼 丹尼·道尔顿 |
[09:12] | That’s the real Midnight Ranger’s name. | 那是真正的午夜游侠的名字 |
[09:16] | I mean, the real real one, the original, | 我说的是真的那个 原版的 |
[09:18] | the one from the comics. | 漫画里的那个 |
[09:20] | He might as well have told you his name was Bruce Wayne. | 他还不如跟你说他叫布鲁斯·韦恩呢 |
[09:23] | Well, I’m sorry, but that’s… | 抱歉 但… |
[09:25] | that’s the only name he ever gave me. | 那是他唯一告诉过我的名字 |
[09:35] | Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[09:39] | Joan. | 乔恩 |
[09:41] | To what do I owe the pleasure? | 你怎么大驾光临了 |
[09:42] | I came to say thank you. | 我来谢谢你 |
[09:44] | Unless there’s another Morland Holmes | 除非还有另一个莫兰德·福尔摩斯 |
[09:45] | who donated $250,000 to Haven for the Homeless yesterday. | 昨天向流浪者之家捐了25万美金 |
[10:02] | I must confess, I was motivated in part | 我必须承认 有一部分原因是 |
[10:04] | by the American tax system. | 我想利用捐赠来避免纳税 |
[10:06] | It was a good year. | 今年赚得不少 |
[10:08] | The money had to go somewhere, | 钱总要给出去 |
[10:09] | and your charity seemed a better final destination | 感觉把钱给你的慈善机构 |
[10:12] | than the government. | 比给政府好 |
[10:14] | You want something. | 你想要什么 |
[10:15] | I was going to wait a decent interval between the donation | 我本想等捐赠的事过去了 |
[10:18] | and asking for your help, | 再找你帮忙的 |
[10:19] | but, in fact, I’m in need of an investigator. | 但 事实上 我需要一个调查员 |
[10:22] | You have in-house investigators. | 你的公司有自己的调查员 |
[10:23] | I do. | 是 |
[10:24] | But it’s the sanctity of my house that I’m worried about. | 但我担心的正是我公司员工的忠诚 |
[10:29] | What’s the problem? | 出了什么问题 |
[10:30] | Please. | 请坐 |
[10:39] | As you may or may not know, | 或许你已经听说了 |
[10:42] | oil has been discovered in the Colombian jungle. | 哥伦比亚丛林中发现了石油 |
[10:44] | A group of Chinese investors | 一群中国投资者 |
[10:46] | hired me to broker a deal with the Colombian government | 雇我去和哥伦比亚政府谈协议 |
[10:49] | to allow for the construction of several refineries. | 允许他们建立一些炼油厂 |
[10:51] | After a year of painstaking work, | 我一年里费尽心思谈成此事 |
[10:54] | one of my competitors swooped in | 但我的一个竞争对手却突然趁虚而入 |
[10:57] | and closed the deal in a weekend. | 一周内就达成了交易 |
[11:00] | And you think someone here helped them undercut you. | 你觉得这里有人帮他们破坏了你的交易 |
[11:02] | I had a team of ten assisting me with the negotiations. | 有十个人在帮助我进行谈判 |
[11:06] | Each person had access to technical specifications, | 每个人都能接触到技术条件 |
[11:10] | cost projections, any number of things | 成本预测以及其他 |
[11:11] | that would make it simple for a competitor to beat our numbers. | 能帮助我的竞争对手战胜我的文件 |
[11:17] | Does anyone jump out at you? | 你有怀疑谁吗 |
[11:20] | They’re a good group. | 他们是个不错的团队 |
[11:22] | Each person was vetted meticulously | 他们来这里工作之前 |
[11:24] | before they came to work here. | 我仔细审查过他们每个人 |
[11:28] | Isn’t it possible that your competitor | 有没有可能你的竞争对手 |
[11:29] | just did a better job than you? | 就是比你强呢 |
[11:31] | It is. | 有可能 |
[11:33] | In fact, nothing would make me happier | 事实上 如果能确定这十个人是可信的 |
[11:35] | than knowing that I can trust the ten individuals in question. | 那我将非常开心 |
[11:40] | Why me? | 为什么找我 |
[11:41] | Why not ask Sherlock for help? | 为什么不找夏洛克帮忙呢 |
[11:43] | Sherlock and I are not on the best of terms at present. | 夏洛克和我现在的关系不太好 |
[11:49] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑一下的 |
[11:52] | If it’s a problem… | 如果你不愿接受… |
[11:54] | I do understand. | 我也理解 |
[11:56] | It’s pretty hard to say no to someone | 要拒绝一个刚给我在乎的慈善机构 |
[11:57] | who just donated a quarter of a million dollars | 捐赠了25万美金的人 |
[11:59] | to a charity I care about. | 还是挺难的 |
[12:02] | Well, that was the whole point, right? | 那才是重点 不是吗 |
[12:16] | What’s all that? | 那都是什么啊 |
[12:17] | I wondered if some enlightenment might be found | 我在想能否在虚构的 |
[12:19] | in the fictional universe | 午夜游侠的世界中 |
[12:20] | our Midnight Ranger took inspiration from. | 获得一些灵感 |
[12:23] | So I reached out to the Midnight Ranger fan community, | 所以我找到了午夜游侠的粉丝社团 |
[12:25] | and, with their help, I managed to procure the comic’s entire run. | 在他们的帮助下 我成功获得了漫画的全集 |
[12:29] | There has to be, what, 600 issues? | 肯定得有600册吧 |
[12:31] | 648, to be precise. | 准确来说是648册 |
[12:33] | Having read the bulk of them, I confess I do see the appeal. | 我读了大半 我承认确实挺吸引人的 |
[12:38] | If you strip away the silly outfits, square jaws | 如果你忽略那些愚蠢的服装 方下巴 |
[12:40] | and skull-sized breasts, | 和像头那么大的胸部的话 |
[12:42] | there is a cardinal devotion to justice. | 核心是在讲要追求公正 |
[12:44] | The attention to continuity, however, is laughable. | 然而剧情如此没有连续性 实在太可笑了 |
[12:48] | This is the tenth issue from the 1940s, | 这是19世纪40年代出的第十版 |
[12:51] | and you took it out of its bag. | 你居然把它从保护袋中拿出来了 |
[12:53] | Yes. How else was I going to read it? | 对 不然我怎么看啊 |
[12:58] | And you did all this why? | 你为什么要做这些 |
[13:00] | Over the course of the 80 years of his derring-do, | 因为他八十年来的行为都过于大胆 |
[13:03] | the Midnight Ranger has died | 午夜游侠死过 |
[13:05] | five times. | 五次 |
[13:07] | It occurred to me that our Ranger might have been killed | 这让我想到我们的游侠可能是有偏执的粉丝 |
[13:09] | by an obsessed fan attempting to recreate a particular death. | 想用杀人来还原某次特定的死亡事件 |
[13:13] | And? | 然后呢 |
[13:14] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[13:15] | the deaths in the comics involved being sent back in time, | 漫画里的死亡包括穿越回过去 |
[13:17] | buried deep underground, | 深埋地底 |
[13:18] | made microscopic, impersonated by an alien | 变小 被外星人冒充 |
[13:20] | and– my particular favorite demise– | 还有我个人最喜欢的死亡方式 |
[13:22] | pushed over a waterfall, locked in the embrace of his nemesis. | 被从瀑布上推下去 被他的复仇女神囚禁 |
[13:26] | In comparison, armor-piercing bullets seem passe. | 相比之下 穿甲弹感觉有些过时了 |
[13:30] | Speaking of super villains, | 说到超级坏人 |
[13:31] | you asked about my father today | 今天你问到我父亲的事 |
[13:32] | and then you disappeared for an hour. | 然后你就消失了一个小时 |
[13:33] | Why do I sense a connection? | 为什么我觉得这两件事有点联系呢 |
[13:35] | Well, because there is one. | 因为的确有联系 |
[13:37] | He thinks that one of his people | 他认为他的团队里 |
[13:39] | is selling company secrets to a rival. | 有人向对头公司倒卖公司机密 |
[13:41] | He asked me to look into it. | 他让我去查查看 |
[13:42] | Only you? | 只让你去吗 |
[13:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:44] | He said that you two were on the outs. | 他说你俩现在关系不太好 |
[13:45] | Look, I told him that I’d have to talk to you about it | 我告诉他了 我答应之前 |
[13:47] | before I agreed to help. | 要跟你商量一下 |
[13:53] | Hello? | 你好 |
[13:54] | Is this Sherlock Holmes? | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯吗 |
[13:56] | Who’s this? | 你是谁 |
[13:57] | Someone who can tell you the Midnight Ranger’s real name. | 一个能告诉你午夜游侠真实姓名的人 |
[14:03] | Sorry, you’ll have to be more specific. | 抱歉 你需要说得更详细些 |
[14:05] | Do you mean the Midnight Ranger from the comic books | 你是说漫画里的那个午夜游侠 |
[14:07] | or-or the one who died in Greenpoint yesterday? | 还是昨天绿点区死的那个 |
[14:10] | The one who was murdered. | 被谋杀的那个 |
[14:13] | Would you do me the favor of telling me your name? | 你能告诉我你的名字吗 |
[14:15] | I want to talk in person. | 我想要面谈 |
[14:18] | Time and a place? | 时间和地点呢 |
[14:19] | Now. | 现在 |
[14:21] | I’m on your roof. | 我就在你家屋顶 |
[14:32] | I’m the Standard-Bearer. | 我是扛旗侠 |
[14:36] | I’m here to help. | 特来帮忙 |
[14:51] | You’re staring. | 你在盯着我看 |
[14:52] | Observation must be one of your superhuman abilities. | 洞察力一定是你的超能力之一 |
[14:56] | I’ve had masked visitors before, | 我之前也有过戴面具的来访者 |
[14:57] | but they came either to kill me or have sex with me. | 但他们不是来杀我就是来跟我滚床单的 |
[15:00] | On one memorable occasion, both, | 有那么一次是两者都有 |
[15:02] | but you are my first superhero. | 但你是我遇到的第一个超级英雄 |
[15:04] | You do make quite an entrance. | 你的出场方式确实让人印象深刻 |
[15:05] | The roof– I assume you wanted | 屋顶 我猜你是想 |
[15:08] | to establish your hero credentials. | 确立你的英雄身份 |
[15:10] | Lend more weight to your words. | 让你说的话更有分量一些 |
[15:12] | You don’t want people seeing me ringing your doorbell. | 你不会想让别人看到我按你门铃的 |
[15:14] | An association between us could place you in danger. | 我们之间的联系会让你陷入危险 |
[15:19] | Your enemies are legion, I take it. | 我想是因为你树敌众多吧 |
[15:23] | You know you’re gonna have to take that off | 你知道你必须把那东西摘下来 |
[15:26] | to drink that, right? | 才能喝水 对吧 |
[15:29] | It’s imperative for my safety | 这是不可避免的 为了我的安全 |
[15:31] | and that of my loved ones that… | 还有我所爱之人的… |
[15:32] | One should never confuse need with fetish. | 你不该把需要和迷信搞混 |
[15:35] | You got onto our roof via the fire escape next door. | 你通过隔壁的逃生梯上了我们屋顶 |
[15:38] | Your particular musculature and ability to make that entrance | 你特别的肌肉和展现如此出场的能力 |
[15:41] | indicate expertise in free running. | 表明你是自由跑方面的专家 |
[15:43] | But a slight hunch | 但是略有驼背 |
[15:44] | speaks to a job which involves frequent bending from the waist. | 说明你的工作需要频繁的弯腰 |
[15:46] | You smell of organic compounds redolent of printing solvents. | 你身上散发着印刷溶剂的化合物味道 |
[15:49] | You work in a print shop, probably in Astoria, | 你在印刷店工作 很可能在阿斯托里亚 |
[15:51] | where, according to the Internet, | 那里 根据网上所说 |
[15:52] | the Standard-Bearer walks a beat. | 是扛旗侠出没的地方 |
[15:54] | Long story short, your secret identity is, | 长话短说 你的秘密身份 |
[15:56] | here, purely notional. | 在这里 完全没意义 |
[15:58] | So take off the mask. | 所以 摘掉你的面具 |
[16:01] | Please? | 谢谢 |
[16:11] | How’d you do all that? | 你是怎么知道这些的 |
[16:13] | I was bitten by a radioactive detective. | 我被一个有辐射的侦探咬了 |
[16:15] | How did you get my number and address? | 你怎么知道我的电话号码和地址的 |
[16:18] | There’s… awareness of you in the community. | 你在圈子里…挺有名气 |
[16:24] | The community? | 圈子 |
[16:27] | The hero community. | 超级英雄的圈子 |
[16:30] | One of your business cards got around. | 你的一张名片被传开了 |
[16:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:35] | You’re someone to call on as a last resort. | 你是作为最后手段可以求助的人 |
[16:38] | You’re with the police, but you’re not police. | 你跟警察合作 但不是警察 |
[16:41] | Most of us don’t like cops. | 我们多数人不喜欢警察 |
[16:43] | Depending on the neighborhood, | 主要取决于街区 |
[16:45] | they can’t be trusted to look out for the little guy. | 不能信任他们可以保护小人物 |
[16:48] | That’s why we do what we do. | 所以我们才投身这个事业 |
[16:51] | So, you said you could tell us the Midnight Ranger’s real name. | 你说你能告诉我们午夜游侠的真实姓名 |
[16:57] | It’s Mike Stratton. | 是迈克·斯特拉顿 |
[17:02] | He was a friend. | 他是我的朋友 |
[17:12] | Do you know who killed him? | 你知道是谁杀了他吗 |
[17:14] | No. | 不知道 |
[17:16] | But if it’s someone he crossed paths with before, | 但如果是某个之前和他有过交集的人 |
[17:19] | the name will be in his war journals. | 那名字一定会出现在他的战争手记中 |
[17:22] | They’re a log of | 那手记里记录了 |
[17:23] | everything he did as the Midnight Ranger. | 所有他作为午夜游侠所做的事情 |
[17:26] | You’ll find them at his headquarters. | 你们可以在他的总部找到它 |
[17:38] | I imagine this is what it feels like | 我想这应该就是 |
[17:40] | the first time one steps into the Batcave. | 第一次踏入蝙蝠洞的感觉了 |
[17:57] | This must be Mike Stratton’s war journals. | 这一定就是迈克·斯特拉顿的战争手记了 |
[18:03] | Last night, you asked if I had a problem | 昨晚 你问我是否介意 |
[18:04] | with you assisting my father. I do. | 你协助我父亲 我介意 |
[18:07] | Something happen between you two? | 你俩之间发生了什么吗 |
[18:10] | Apart from my entire life? Yeah. | 除了我这一生吗 对 |
[18:13] | I briefly applied myself | 我短暂调查了 |
[18:14] | to the shooting which left him half-stomached. | 打掉他半个胃的枪击事件 |
[18:17] | With no small amount of finesse, | 耗费了一番精力之后 |
[18:19] | I was able to identify the triggerman, | 我设法找到了枪手 |
[18:21] | a mercenary named Ruslan Krasnov. | 一个名叫鲁斯兰·卡斯诺夫的雇佣兵 |
[18:24] | I gave my father his name. | 我把他的名字给了我父亲 |
[18:26] | I told him to tread carefully. He ignored that warning. | 我叫他小心处理 他无视了警告 |
[18:29] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[18:31] | Several weeks ago, Ruslan Krasnov | 几星期前 鲁斯兰·卡斯诺夫 |
[18:32] | went missing from a Russian prison. | 从俄罗斯监狱中消失了 |
[18:36] | What, you think your father busted him out? | 怎么 你觉得是你父亲弄他出来的 |
[18:37] | It was the very definition of foolhardy. | 这就是所谓的有勇无谋 |
[18:40] | He may have placed himself in danger, and if he’s in danger, | 他让自己身处危险之中 而如果他有危险 |
[18:42] | so is everyone in his orbit. | 他身边的人也一样会有 |
[18:43] | My advice is stay out of his orbit. | 我的建议是远离他身边 |
[18:45] | What’d you find? | 你找到了什么 |
[18:46] | It’s a check made out to Mike Stratton for $1,000. | 是一张写给斯特拉顿的一千元支票 |
[18:49] | Okay, so someone wrote him a check for $1,000. | 所以有人给他开了张一千元支票 |
[18:51] | It’s not the amount that’s interesting, | 有趣的不是金钱数量 |
[18:53] | it’s the name on the check. | 而是支票上的名字 |
[19:03] | Mr. Baxter. | 巴克斯特先生 |
[19:05] | You’ll be pleased to hear we’ve identified the Midnight Ranger. | 好消息 我们知道午夜游侠的身份了 |
[19:08] | Turns out he was in your check register all along. | 原来他一直就在你的支票簿中 |
[19:13] | Please have a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[19:21] | Mike was my friend. | 迈克是我朋友 |
[19:23] | Yesterday, you and Mr. Eichorn made him sound like an enemy. | 昨天你和艾可恩先生把他说得像个敌人 |
[19:26] | He was Superlative’s enemy, not mine. | 他是无极的敌人 不是我的 |
[19:30] | Mike approached me | 迈克大概 |
[19:31] | a little over two years ago | 两年多前找到了我 |
[19:32] | and asked my permission to wear the Midnight Ranger costume | 想要我允许他穿上午夜游侠的制服 |
[19:34] | to… fight crime. | 去 打击犯罪 |
[19:37] | ‘Cause that’s what you do when you want to assume | 当你想要假扮一个有版权的超级英雄时 |
[19:38] | the mantle of a copyrighted superhero, | 当然会这么做了 |
[19:40] | you go to the editor of that hero’s comic book? | 你是那个英雄漫画的编辑 |
[19:44] | Well, I’m not just the editor. | 我不止是编辑 |
[19:45] | My grandfather was Morty Stiller. | 我祖父是莫蒂·斯蒂勒 |
[19:47] | Morty Stiller, the creator of the Midnight Ranger? | 莫蒂·斯蒂勒 午夜游侠的创作人 |
[19:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:50] | Here was a guy who was everything my grandfather | 他满足了我祖父 |
[19:53] | wanted the Midnight Ranger to be, you know? | 对午夜游侠的所有期望 |
[19:54] | He was, um, brave and honorable and decent. | 他很勇敢 高贵 正派 |
[19:57] | Someone who just wanted to make the world better. | 是一个想努力改变世界的人 |
[20:00] | The whole thing was just so, um… | 所有这些都很… |
[20:02] | Romantic? | 浪漫 |
[20:04] | Yeah, I guess. | 我想是这样的 |
[20:05] | My grandfather would have loved it. | 我祖父一定会喜欢的 |
[20:07] | A real Midnight Ranger | 一位真正的午夜游侠 |
[20:08] | helping real people. | 在现实生活中帮助人们 |
[20:10] | So, I… I gave him my blessing. | 所以 我祝福了他 |
[20:13] | So this was written less than a week ago. | 也就是说这支票写了还不到一周 |
[20:15] | Right, well, the first time we met, | 对 我们俩第一次见面时 |
[20:16] | I told him I had one condition– | 我告诉他我只有一个条件 |
[20:18] | that he needed to take steps to protect himself. | 那就是要他采取措施保护自己 |
[20:20] | So I gave him some money to buy body armor. | 所以我给了他些钱买防弹衣 |
[20:23] | After that, | 在那之后 |
[20:24] | I’d send him a little something whenever I could, | 我一有机会就给他点什么 |
[20:26] | you know, just to keep him safe. | 确保他能安全 |
[20:29] | Look, I… | 听我说… |
[20:32] | really wanted to tell you guys | 我昨天就很想把这些 |
[20:34] | about this yesterday, but you have to understand, | 告诉你们 但你一定要理解 |
[20:38] | if Sandy finds out that I did this… | 如果这事被桑迪发现了… |
[20:40] | You’ll lose your job? | 你会丢了工作 |
[20:41] | Well, more than that. | 不止是丢了工作 |
[20:43] | Working here at Superlative, | 能在无极动漫公司工作 |
[20:46] | it’s, like, my last connection to this character. | 就像是我跟漫画角色 |
[20:51] | And my grandfather. | 和祖父之间的最后一丝联系 |
[20:55] | Hey, if it’ll help, | 如果对你有帮助的话 |
[20:57] | I will give you access to my e-mail accounts. | 我可以把我的电子邮箱账号给你 |
[20:59] | Yes. | 就这么办 |
[21:00] | And then you can look at | 这样你就能看到 |
[21:03] | all of my correspondence with Mike, and you’ll see. | 我和迈克之间的全部通信 你就会明白 |
[21:07] | He was my friend. | 他确实是我朋友 |
[21:14] | – Hey. – Hey. Thanks. | -嗨 -嗨 谢了 |
[21:17] | So, scale of one to ten, how crazy? | 从一到十划分等级 有多疯狂 |
[21:22] | Not crazy. | 不疯狂 |
[21:24] | I mean, not exactly. | 不算疯狂 |
[21:25] | I mean, everything was very organized. | 一切都显得有条不紊 |
[21:27] | He kept notes like a cop would. | 他的笔记记得像个警察一样 |
[21:29] | You said he worked as a security guard? | 你说他曾经当过保安 |
[21:31] | Part-time– | 兼职的 |
[21:31] | he was going to school to become a social worker. | 他本打算去学校当个社工 |
[21:34] | Guess do-gooding at night wasn’t enough for the guy. | 可能是光在晚上做善事满足不了他吧 |
[21:38] | Is that from the lab? | 这是实验室给出的报告吗 |
[21:39] | Yeah, the trace evidence unit | 对 经痕迹鉴证科鉴定 |
[21:41] | I.D.’d a piece of fabric found at the scene | 现场发现的一块布料 |
[21:43] | as a flap torn from a pouch on a tactical belt. | 是从战术腰带的腰包上扯下来的 |
[21:46] | Makes sense– the victim was wearing one. | 说得通 受害者就系着一条这样的腰带 |
[21:48] | He was, but his belt was intact. | 的确 但他的腰带完好无损 |
[21:52] | You think the killer was wearing a tactical belt, too? | 你觉得凶手也系着一条战术腰带 |
[21:54] | There was a struggle before Mike Stratton was shot. | 迈克·斯特拉顿中枪前发生过打斗 |
[21:56] | Maybe he tore that off. | 没准是他扯下来的 |
[22:00] | Hey, there’s something you two need to see. | 你俩快来看看这个 |
[22:11] | This happened in Greenpoint | 这是几小时前 |
[22:12] | just a couple of hours ago. | 发生在绿点区的 |
[22:13] | This guy stole a lady’s purse, | 这家伙偷了一位女士的钱包 |
[22:15] | and this guy chased him down and got it back. | 然后这个人就追到小偷并拿回了钱包 |
[22:19] | “The Midnight Ranger Lives.” | “午夜游侠还活着” |
[22:23] | Obviously, some new nut-job | 很显然 有些傻瓜 |
[22:25] | just got himself a costume and decided to pick up | 穿了件制服 打算去完成 |
[22:28] | where Mike Stratton left off. | 迈克·斯特拉顿未完成的事业 |
[22:32] | Who you calling? | 你打给谁 |
[22:33] | Sherlock. | 夏洛克 |
[22:35] | I think I might know who the new Midnight Ranger is. | 我可能知道这个新的午夜游侠是谁了 |
[22:37] | And if I’m right… | 如果我没猜错… |
[22:40] | he might have killed the old one. | 可能就是他杀了之前的那个 |
[22:55] | How’d you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[22:57] | I used everything I know about you | 我用尽对你的所有了解 |
[22:58] | to find out the one thing I didn’t. | 发现了你不为人知的一面 |
[23:00] | Nice to meet you, Ben. | 你好 本 |
[23:03] | Why are you here? | 你来这干什么 |
[23:04] | My partner and I are investigating the possibility | 我和搭档正在调查迈克·斯特拉顿 |
[23:06] | that Mike Stratton was murdered by a fellow superhero. | 被另一个超级英雄所杀的可能性 |
[23:10] | What? | 你说什么 |
[23:11] | It seems the killer left a piece of a tactical belt at the scene. | 凶手似乎把战术腰带的一片布料留在了现场 |
[23:15] | Would it surprise you to know | 我说出来你会意外吗 |
[23:16] | that it’s the same brand of belt | 那布料跟你扮演扛旗侠时 |
[23:17] | that you wear as the Standard-Bearer? | 所用的腰带是同一个牌子 |
[23:21] | Lots of heroes have that belt. | 很多英雄都有那种腰带 |
[23:24] | Well, let’s say that’s true. | 即便如此 |
[23:25] | How many do you suppose want to be the new Midnight Ranger? | 那些英雄中又有几个人想成为新任午夜游侠呢 |
[23:34] | I have to admit, Ben, looks good on you. | 不得不承认 本 你穿着挺帅 |
[23:45] | I was trying to honor Mike. | 我是想纪念迈克 |
[23:48] | I wanted to show the person who killed him | 我想让杀死迈克的凶手知道 |
[23:50] | that the Midnight Ranger will never die. | 午夜游侠是不朽的 |
[23:52] | Not him, not the things he stands for. | 他是不朽的 他所代表的精神也不朽 |
[23:54] | It’s just funny | 有意思 |
[23:55] | how you had your own Midnight Ranger costume all ready to go. | 你这么快就置办好了自己的午夜游侠制服 |
[23:58] | I didn’t have it “ready to go.” | 我不是刚刚置办好的 |
[24:00] | I had this costume for years. | 这衣服我几年前就有了 |
[24:03] | I bought it to go | 我买它是为了 |
[24:04] | to a comic book convention. | 要参加漫展 |
[24:05] | I have costumes of all my favorite heroes. | 我喜欢的英雄我都有制服 |
[24:07] | The Midnight Ranger’s your absolute favorite, is he not? | 午夜游侠是你最喜欢的 对吧 |
[24:11] | The first thing I noticed at the print shop was your name. | 在印刷店的时候 我首先注意到了你的名字 |
[24:13] | Ben Garrett. | 本·格兰特 |
[24:14] | It reminded me of, uh, Benji Garrett. | 这名字让我想起了 本吉·格兰特 |
[24:17] | A frequent contributor to the letters column | 这个名字经常出现在2003-2009年 |
[24:19] | in the Midnight Ranger comic between 2003 and 2009. | 午夜游侠漫画的读者来信板块 |
[24:22] | My partner’s suspicion that you killed Mike Stratton | 我搭档怀疑你杀死了斯特拉顿的推断 |
[24:25] | suddenly made a little more sense. | 突然就有了点道理 |
[24:27] | What are you talking about? | 我不懂你在说什么 |
[24:29] | Benji mostly heaped praise on the comic, | 本吉通常对漫画赞口不绝 |
[24:31] | but then in 2007, the Midnight Ranger was revamped. | 但在2007年 午夜游侠被改编了 |
[24:34] | He became, uh, more brooding, | 变得 更加阴郁 |
[24:37] | more bloodthirsty. | 更加嗜血 |
[24:39] | Certain elements of his backstory, his origin story, | 他的背景以及原版故事 |
[24:41] | were– I believe the term is– retconned. | 我想应该是叫”被反转”了吧 |
[24:44] | Benji didn’t like the changes. | 本吉不喜欢这些改变 |
[24:46] | His letters to Superlative | 他写给无极公司的信 |
[24:47] | became more and more impassioned, | 变得越来越激愤 |
[24:49] | until he finally told them | 最后他终于告诉他们 |
[24:50] | that he was never gonna buy another one of their comics. | 他再也不会买无极的漫画了 |
[24:53] | What they did was wrong. | 他们做的是错的 |
[24:54] | Someone had to tell them so. | 必须有人告诉他们 |
[24:56] | Maybe you didn’t like | 也许你不喜欢 |
[24:56] | what Mike was doing with the Midnight Ranger. | 迈克对午夜游侠做的事 |
[24:59] | Maybe you decided to tell him so. | 也许你也决定告诉他 |
[25:01] | Can you tell us your whereabouts | 你能告诉我们 |
[25:02] | between 10:00 p.m. and midnight two nights ago? | 两天前晚上十点到午夜你的行踪吗 |
[25:06] | I was on patrol. | 我在巡逻 |
[25:08] | Did anyone see you? | 有人看见你吗 |
[25:12] | If I killed Mike, | 如果是我杀了迈克 |
[25:14] | why would I have come to you the other night? | 为什么我那天晚上还要来找你们 |
[25:16] | Why would I tell you who he was, where he lived? | 为什么我还要告诉你们他是谁 住在哪 |
[25:19] | Because you knew | 因为你知道 |
[25:20] | we’d identify him eventually. | 我们早晚都会查出来他是谁 |
[25:21] | You wanted to present yourself as a friend. | 你想要让自己看起来像他的朋友 |
[25:23] | I was a friend! I… | 我就是他朋友 我 |
[25:28] | A year ago, I was… | 一年前 我 |
[25:30] | different… | 与现在 |
[25:32] | than I am now. | 很不同 |
[25:33] | I… didn’t like myself. | 我厌恶自己 |
[25:36] | I didn’t like the world I lived in. | 我厌恶这个世界 |
[25:38] | The news was on. | 当时在播放新闻 |
[25:40] | A girl had been assaulted in Greenpoint. | 有个女孩在绿点区被袭击了 |
[25:43] | The police only had sketches, and then all of a sudden, | 警察只有疑犯素描图 然后突然 |
[25:48] | I mean, right there on my screen… | 我的屏幕上 |
[25:52] | is the Midnight Ranger. | 出现了午夜游侠 |
[25:57] | They were talking to him because he was putting up flyers. | 他在那发传单 所以警察找他谈话 |
[26:01] | They thought it was funny, but if they had just listened… | 他们觉得这很搞笑 但他们要是听了 |
[26:06] | I looked at him and I thought, | 看着他 我就想 |
[26:10] | why can’t I try to be like that? | 为什么我不能像他那样 |
[26:14] | In the end, I got a message to him. | 最后 我发了条信息给他 |
[26:16] | I said… | 我说 |
[26:18] | I-I want to be a hero. | 我想成为一个英雄 |
[26:21] | “So be a hero,” He said. | 那就成为英雄吧 他说 |
[26:31] | I couldn’t have hurt Mike. | 我不可能伤害迈克 |
[26:38] | He saved my life. | 他拯救了我 |
[26:48] | I’ll apply for a warrant to search his apartment, | 我去申请搜查令搜他的公寓 |
[26:50] | see if we can find a tactical belt with a flap torn off. | 看看能否找到条撕坏的战术腰带 |
[26:55] | What’d you think? | 你怎么看 |
[26:57] | I think I liked him as a suspect a lot more five minutes ago. | 我觉得我对他的怀疑比五分钟前少了很多 |
[27:01] | Did you identify any other suspects | 你从迈克·斯特拉顿的战争手记里 |
[27:03] | from Mike Stratton’s war journals? | 发现其他的嫌疑人了吗 |
[27:05] | Um, there was one name that popped up | 还有一个名字出现在 |
[27:08] | in more recent entries– a Renny Molina. | 近期的记录上 伦尼·莫利纳 |
[27:11] | He’s a drug dealer that set up shop | 他是个毒贩 最近几个月 |
[27:12] | in Greenpoint Park a few months ago. | 在绿点公园做生意 |
[27:15] | Mike was hassling him on a regular basis, | 迈克经常去找他的麻烦 |
[27:17] | interfering with drug deals. | 妨碍毒品交易 |
[27:19] | Told him to get out of the park. | 让他离开公园 |
[27:22] | There was an entry from last week | 上周有一条记录 |
[27:23] | that said things finally got physical between them. | 写着他们终于交锋了 |
[27:25] | Physical how? | 怎么交锋 |
[27:26] | It wasn’t clear. | 不清楚 |
[27:27] | He didn’t document his failures | 他不像记录胜利那样 |
[27:29] | with as much detail as his victories. | 对自己的失败做详细记录 |
[27:31] | First thing tomorrow, we’ll pay Mr. Molina a visit. | 明早第一件事 我们去拜访下莫利纳先生 |
[27:33] | Actually, I can’t. | 事实上 我去不了 |
[27:34] | I have an appointment with your father. | 我跟你父亲约了要见面 |
[27:37] | He sent over some materials, I want to return them in person. | 他送来了一些材料 我想亲自送回去 |
[27:40] | You decided to heed my advice. | 你决定采纳我的建议 |
[27:42] | We’ve got enough going on; he can find his mole himself. | 我们的事情够多了 他自己去找内鬼吧 |
[27:52] | It’s dangerous counting your money in this park. | 在这个公园数钱可不安全 |
[27:54] | Hear there are drug dealers about. | 听说这儿有毒贩 |
[27:57] | Do tell. | 说吧 |
[27:59] | Mr. Molina, I, uh… I work with the police. | 莫利纳先生 我与警方合作 |
[28:03] | The Midnight Ranger was something of a… tormentor to you. | 午夜游侠似乎给你带来了不少麻烦 |
[28:08] | Interfering with your business, | 妨碍你的生意 |
[28:09] | even called the police on a few occasions, | 甚至有几次叫来了警察 |
[28:11] | causing you to run away. | 逼得你逃跑 |
[28:12] | The last time he came here, | 上次他来这儿 |
[28:14] | he was the one who ran away, okay? | 他才是逃跑的那个 好吗 |
[28:16] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[28:18] | Was that, by any chance, the night of the 12th? | 那天是否正好是12号的晚上 |
[28:21] | ‘Cause he wrote about it. | 因为他在日志中提及了 |
[28:22] | He said there was a confrontation, | 他说你们之间发生了交锋 |
[28:23] | which resulted in the loss of a piece of equipment. | 导致了他一部分装备的丢失 |
[28:26] | I’m thinking perhaps you stole his belt. | 我在想也许是你偷了他的腰带 |
[28:29] | His belt? | 他的腰带 |
[28:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:30] | Well, there was a piece of one found at the scene of his murder. | 在他的死亡现场发现了腰带的一部分布料 |
[28:34] | Maybe you stole his, he replaced it, | 也许你偷了他的 他换了一个 |
[28:36] | and then, for some reason, | 之后 出于某种原因 |
[28:37] | you had the original on you the night you shot him. | 你对他开枪那晚系着他之前的腰带 |
[28:41] | You’re crazy, man. | 你疯了 伙计 |
[28:42] | I got nothing to say to you. | 我对你无话可说 |
[28:46] | Hello? Captain? | 喂 警监 |
[28:49] | Yeah. Yeah, I found him. Yeah. | 是的 我找到他了 是的 |
[28:52] | No, he doesn’t want to cooperate. | 不 他不肯合作 |
[28:55] | I know. Yeah. | 我明白 好的 |
[28:58] | At the precinct? | 在警局吗 |
[28:59] | Yeah. Okay. | 好 没问题 |
[29:01] | Well, he says it’s going to take at least ten men. | 他说至少要十个人才能拿下他 |
[29:04] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[29:05] | What? Now he’s saying, | 什么 他现在说 |
[29:06] | “Why don’t you come here yourself?” | “有种你自己过来啊” |
[29:08] | Hey, man. | 喂 伙计 |
[29:08] | Yeah. Hold on. | 对 稍等 |
[29:10] | Yeah, hold on, I’m gonna have to call you back. | 等等 我回头打给你 |
[29:12] | This is the equipment I took. | 这就是我拿走的东西 |
[29:13] | Fool dropped it after I popped him right here. | 我撞见那个蠢货的时候他掉在地上的 |
[29:15] | And I warned him, yo. | 我警告过他 |
[29:16] | I told him to get out of my face, | 让他滚蛋 |
[29:17] | – but he wouldn’t listen. – No. | -可他不听 -对 |
[29:18] | So when he took off, I kept it, | 所以他走后 我就留着了 |
[29:20] | as, you know, a trophy. | 你懂的 就像个战利品 |
[29:23] | It’s a burner. | 用不了 |
[29:24] | Got some access code, man, so you can’t… | 需要锁屏密码 你没法… |
[29:29] | How’d you do that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[29:31] | So, I suppose you are gonna tell me | 我想你会告诉我 |
[29:32] | that you were here the night of the murder, aren’t you? | 凶案发生那晚你在这里吧 |
[29:35] | Actually, I won’t, ’cause I wasn’t. | 不 我没在 |
[29:36] | I was in the E.R. on Chambers Street | 我跟我女儿和外孙 |
[29:38] | with my girl and her kid. | 在钱伯斯街的急诊室 |
[29:39] | She thought he got into my stash, | 应该是他进了我的储藏室 |
[29:41] | eaten something he shouldn’t have. | 吃了些不该吃的东西 |
[29:42] | Turned out to be nothing, but we were there all night. | 检查结果没事 但我们整晚都在那边 |
[29:46] | Well, this has been very helpful. | 这些信息非常有用 |
[29:48] | I think I know who I need to speak with next. | 我应该知道接下来要找谁了 |
[29:50] | Yo, but-but what about with the captain, all that stuff? | 那警监那边怎么办 |
[29:53] | Is that for real? | 是来真的吗 |
[29:55] | If I were you, I’d leave here, don’t come back. | 如果我是你 我会离开这里再也不回来 |
[29:58] | I’m gonna keep this. Thank you. | 这个我留下了 谢了 |
[30:03] | I confess, I didn’t expect to hear back from you so soon. | 我承认 我没想到你这么快就来回复我了 |
[30:06] | Did you review the materials I sent? | 我寄的东西你看了吗 |
[30:08] | I did. | 看了 |
[30:09] | Every report, every file, every e-mail. | 每份报告 文档和邮件都看了 |
[30:11] | And? | 结果呢 |
[30:14] | First, I’d like to talk to you about Ruslan Krasnov. | 首先 我想跟你谈谈鲁斯兰·卡斯诺夫 |
[30:18] | Perhaps we should speak in my office. | 还是去我办公室说吧 |
[30:35] | I didn’t realize you were aware of Mr. Krasnov. | 我没想到你知道卡斯诺夫的事 |
[30:38] | I wasn’t, not until yesterday. | 本来不知道 直到昨天 |
[30:41] | So, two years ago, | 那么 两年前 |
[30:42] | he was the one who actually pulled the trigger, right? | 他是开枪的人 对吗 |
[30:44] | He killed Sabine? | 他杀了萨宾 |
[30:46] | If my son is to be believed, yes. | 如果我儿子可信的话 那么是的 |
[30:48] | According to Sherlock, you paid someone | 据夏洛克所说 你贿赂了某人 |
[30:49] | to break him out of a Russian prison, | 帮他从俄罗斯的监狱越狱了 |
[30:52] | presumably to torture him, | 估计是要给他用刑吧 |
[30:53] | make him give you the name of the person who hired him. | 让他告诉你谁是幕后主使 |
[30:56] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[30:58] | So he’s wrong? | 那么他说错了 |
[30:59] | You had nothing to do with Krasnov escaping? | 你跟卡斯诺夫的逃跑没有关系 |
[31:03] | I did not. | 是的 |
[31:06] | Your son thinks we should stay away from you. | 你儿子认为我们该离你远点 |
[31:11] | That you put everyone around you in danger. | 你会让身边的每个人都身陷险境 |
[31:12] | Respectfully, Joan, | 我没别的意思 乔恩 |
[31:14] | I didn’t hire you to lecture me on things that don’t concern you. | 可我不是雇你来教我一些与你无关的事的 |
[31:18] | Actually, you didn’t hire me. | 其实 你并没雇我 |
[31:21] | You gave a bunch of money to a cause | 你为了一个根本不在乎的理由 |
[31:22] | that you don’t give a damn about | 花了大把的钱 |
[31:23] | because you thought I would be indebted to you. | 因为你觉得我会感激你 |
[31:27] | We deserve to know– | 我们有权利知道 |
[31:28] | are you starting a war with someone? | 你是要跟什么人开战吗 |
[31:30] | Were my negotiations with the Colombians | 我跟哥伦比亚人的谈判 |
[31:32] | undermined by someone in my company or weren’t they? | 到底是不是被我公司的人破坏的 |
[31:37] | No. | 不 |
[31:39] | There’s no mole here. | 这里没有内鬼 |
[31:40] | At least, there’s nothing in the material | 至少 你给我的那些资料 |
[31:42] | that you gave me that points to one. | 没有指出什么人 |
[31:44] | As far as I could tell, you were just outmaneuvered. | 目前我知道的就是 你被打败了 |
[31:48] | That can happen, you know. | 这是有可能的 |
[31:51] | You can lose. | 你也可能会输的 |
[31:57] | Sherlock Holmes, | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 |
[31:58] | meet Sergeant Black from the 7-4. | 这位是7-4局的布莱克警佐 |
[32:00] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[32:07] | this is the number of your desk phone, correct? | 这是你的座机号码 对吗 |
[32:11] | Yeah, yeah. Why? | 对 是的 怎么了 |
[32:13] | Uh, you hear about the Midnight Ranger murder? | 你知道午夜游侠谋杀案吗 |
[32:16] | Yeah, the guy in the cape. | 知道 那个穿披风的家伙 |
[32:17] | Heard he got shot the other night. | 听说他那晚被枪杀了 |
[32:19] | That was his phone. | 那是他的电话 |
[32:20] | He used it to alert police | 他用它来提醒警察 |
[32:22] | to street crimes he couldn’t handle alone. | 帮忙解决他无法独自解决的犯罪 |
[32:24] | If you look at the log here, | 看看这里的通话记录 |
[32:26] | there are exactly 37 calls to the police, | 有37通是打给警察的 |
[32:29] | one from them. | 有1通是警察打来的 |
[32:30] | Specifically from you. | 具体来说就是你 |
[32:34] | What? | 什么 |
[32:35] | Yeah, this would’ve been a week ago today, | 对 应该是上周的今天 |
[32:37] | little after 11:00 p.M. | 晚上十一点刚过 |
[32:40] | I remember now. | 我想起来了 |
[32:42] | The Green Goblin was trying to help Skeletor bust out of his cell. | 绿魔想帮骷髅王越狱 |
[32:46] | I couldn’t get the Midnight signal up, | 我收不到午夜的信号 |
[32:48] | so I just, I called the Ranger direct. | 所以我直接打给了游侠 |
[32:50] | You already confirmed this is your number. | 你已经确认了这就是你的号码 |
[32:53] | Is this guy for real? | 这人是说真的吗 |
[32:54] | We just want to know if you knew him. | 我们只想知道你是否认识他 |
[32:56] | You know, he kept a low profile, | 你也知道 他一直很低调 |
[32:58] | so anyone who can share information with us… | 所以任何能跟我们分享信息的人… |
[32:59] | Isn’t in this room. | 都不在这里 |
[33:00] | Look, excuse me. I got some real work to do. | 不好意思 我还有正事要做 |
[33:02] | Oh, well, perhaps you’d like us | 好吧 也许你希望我们 |
[33:03] | to assume that you were sharing information with him. | 假设你在跟他共享信息 |
[33:06] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[33:07] | You’re a sergeant, you’re often desk-bound. | 你是警佐 经常需要坐办公桌 |
[33:09] | Difficult to effect any real change, | 很难发生什么真正的变化 |
[33:11] | though not for the Midnight Ranger. | 但对午夜游侠来说却不是这样 |
[33:12] | Perhaps you thought an alliance with him was an attractive idea. | 也许你觉得跟他结盟是个诱人的想法 |
[33:14] | Look, no one is accusing you of anything, okay? | 听着 没人指控你做了任何事 好吗 |
[33:17] | We just want to know if you knew Mike Stratton. | 我们只想知道你是否认识迈克·斯特拉顿 |
[33:20] | You do know him. | 你果然认识他 |
[33:22] | No, no. But I know that name. | 不 但我知道那个名字 |
[33:24] | About a week ago, they brought a guy in, | 大约一周前 他们带回来个人 |
[33:26] | 10:30 at night, passed out behind the wheel of his car. | 晚上十点半 醉倒在他的车轮后了 |
[33:28] | It was parked, but it was still a DWI. | 车是停着的 但还是算醉驾 |
[33:32] | He used my phone to call his friend for bail, | 他用我的电话找他朋友来保释他 |
[33:34] | and his friend’s name was Stratton. | 他朋友就叫斯特拉顿 |
[33:37] | You remember the name of the guy who got collared? | 你还记得被抓的那人叫什么吗 |
[33:40] | Uh, Baxter. Baxter something. | 巴克斯特什么的 |
[33:42] | Al Baxter? | 阿尔·巴克斯特 |
[33:42] | Yeah. You should talk to him. | 对 你们该找他问问 |
[33:44] | We did, twice. | 我们问过了 两次 |
[33:45] | You ask him about his gun? | 你们问他枪的事了吗 |
[33:46] | We weren’t aware he owned one. | 我们并不知道他有枪 |
[33:48] | He had a permit to carry a .45 right in his wallet. | 他有持枪许可证 他钱包里就有把.45 |
[33:51] | What kind of gun was used in the homicide? | 凶案中用的是什么枪 |
[33:53] | .45 A .45. | |
[34:00] | I heard about the second Midnight Ranger a little while ago. | 我不久前听说了第二个午夜游侠的事 |
[34:03] | Please tell me there’s not a third. | 别告诉我又有第三个了 |
[34:05] | Actually, Mr. Eichorn, | 实际上 艾可恩先生 |
[34:06] | we’re here to speak with Al Baxter. | 我们是来找阿尔·巴克斯特的 |
[34:08] | Is he around? | 他在吗 |
[34:09] | No, he’s… working from home. | 不在 他今天在家办公 |
[34:12] | You hesitated. Why? | 你犹豫了 为什么 |
[34:14] | “Working from home” is usually code | “在家办公”通常相当于 |
[34:16] | for “Too hungover to come into the office.” | “宿醉太严重 没法来上班了” |
[34:19] | Why do you want to talk to him? | 你们找他有什么事 |
[34:21] | God hates the Midnight Ranger. | 上帝讨厌午夜游侠 |
[34:24] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[34:25] | He just does. | 他就是讨厌 |
[34:28] | So the fact that a trusted employee | 所以 一个靠谱的员工 |
[34:30] | shot a man dressed up as the Midnight Ranger | 枪杀了一个装扮成午夜游侠的人 |
[34:32] | doesn’t seem strange to you? Why is that? | 你竟不觉得奇怪 为什么 |
[34:34] | Because Al Baxter is the angriest guy I know. | 因为巴克斯特是我认识的最愤怒的人了 |
[34:37] | I didn’t hire him by choice. | 我可不是自愿雇的他 |
[34:39] | It was the publisher’s idea. | 是出版商的主意 |
[34:41] | She thought it would be fun | 她觉得如果 |
[34:42] | bringing in the grandson of the Ranger’s creator | 让游侠的创造者的孙子来编辑游侠的漫画 |
[34:45] | to edit the Ranger comic. | 一定会很有意思 |
[34:46] | Course, she didn’t have to work with him every day. | 她当然那么想 她又不用每天跟他共事 |
[34:49] | She didn’t have to put up with his crap. | 她又不用忍受他的各种破事 |
[34:50] | Define “Crap.” | 具体说说”破事” |
[34:52] | Back in the ’40s, | 40年代的时候 |
[34:53] | Superlative basically screwed Morty Stiller | 无极公司基本是从莫蒂·斯蒂勒手里 |
[34:56] | out of his rights to the character. | 把这个人物的所有权抢了过来 |
[34:58] | That’s how the companies did business in those days, | 现在的公司都是这么做生意的 |
[35:00] | but Baxter never shut up about it. | 但巴克斯特从没停止过唠叨 |
[35:03] | Always complaining about | 他总是在抱怨 |
[35:04] | how rich he and his family should be, | 说他和他的家庭本该多么富有 |
[35:06] | how the rest of us wouldn’t even be here without his granddad. | 要是没有他爷爷 我们都不会有现在 |
[35:09] | No one in the bullpen could stand him. | 公司里没人受得了他 |
[35:13] | Well, we found multiple indications | 我们发现很多迹象表明 |
[35:14] | that Mike Stratton could stand him, | 迈克·斯特拉顿就能忍受他 |
[35:17] | and the two of them were, in fact, good friends. | 他们实际上还是好友 |
[35:20] | Baxter probably loved | 那家伙在给公司找麻烦 |
[35:21] | that the guy was causing headaches for the company. | 巴克斯特可能很高兴吧 |
[35:24] | Then why shoot him? | 那为什么要枪杀他 |
[35:25] | Maybe he wanted to screw up the Midnight Ranger movie deal. | 也许他想破坏午夜游侠的电影项目 |
[35:29] | A week ago, Baxter found out | 一周前 巴克斯特发现 |
[35:31] | that everyone from editorial | 编辑部的所有人 |
[35:32] | was having dinner with the studio execs. | 都在跟工作室的执行官们聚餐 |
[35:35] | Everyone except him. | 除了他 |
[35:36] | So he wasn’t invited? | 他没被邀请吗 |
[35:38] | Last thing we needed was him crying into his coffee | 我们最不需要的就是他在餐桌上哭诉 |
[35:41] | about how he should be getting his cut. | 说他本该拿到多少分成之类的 |
[35:44] | He threw a tantrum. He stormed out of here. | 他怒了 气冲冲地走了 |
[35:47] | Probably went straight to a bar. | 也许直接去了哪家酒吧 |
[35:49] | Was this, by any chance, the night of the 13th? | 这事有可能是13号晚上发生的吗 |
[35:52] | Sounds right. | 好像是 |
[35:53] | Same night he got that DWI. | 就是他被罚醉驾的那晚 |
[35:55] | The point is, the Stratton kid, | 重点是 那个叫斯特拉顿的小子 |
[35:57] | the real Ranger, | 真正的游侠 |
[35:58] | he got killed a stone’s throw from the restaurant. | 他就在餐厅外一箭之地被杀的 |
[36:00] | What restaurant? | 什么餐厅 |
[36:01] | The one we took the movie guys to. | 就是我们带拍电影那群人去的那家 |
[36:03] | Zona Rosa. | 索娜罗莎 |
[36:04] | I didn’t realize how close we were | 我本来不知道我们离得那么近 |
[36:06] | until I saw it in the paper the other day. | 直到那天在报纸上看到了新闻 |
[36:08] | So you’re saying the dinner took place | 所以你是说 聚餐和斯特拉顿遇害 |
[36:09] | the same night Mike Stratton was killed? | 是同一晚发生的 |
[36:11] | Same night. And less than 500 feet away. | 同一晚 不到150米 |
[36:13] | So what are the chances that, uh, | 那么巴克斯特先生虽然有宿醉 |
[36:15] | Mr. Baxter comes in today, despite his hangover? | 但有多大可能他今天会来上班 |
[36:19] | Depends how drunk he got. | 那得看他醉到什么程度了 |
[36:21] | But he might still come in? | 但他还是有可能来的 |
[36:22] | Sure. Why? | 当然 怎么了 |
[36:33] | What the hell did you do that for? | 你那是干什么 |
[36:35] | Quickest way to evacuate your offices | 这是清空你们的办公室 |
[36:37] | and draw the authorities to the building. | 并把警方引过来的最快方式 |
[36:39] | If Mr. Baxter decides to come to work today, | 要是巴克斯特先生今天决定来上班 |
[36:41] | we don’t want you and your staff being here. | 我们不希望你和你的员工在场 |
[36:43] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[36:44] | I don’t think he planned to kill Mike Stratton the other night. | 我觉得他那晚并没打算杀迈克·斯特拉顿 |
[36:46] | I think he planned to kill everyone except for Mike Stratton. | 他应该打算杀了除斯特拉顿之外的所有人 |
[36:56] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[36:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[36:58] | Is anyone in there? | 有人在吗 |
[37:01] | Been here for almost an hour now. | 我已经待了快一小时了 |
[37:11] | Marcus? | 马库斯吗 |
[37:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:13] | I’ll tell the captain it’s time. | 我去告诉警监是时候了 |
[37:24] | Oh, Mr. Holmes. | 福尔摩斯先生 |
[37:27] | Mr. Baxter, have a seat. | 巴克斯特先生 请坐 |
[37:31] | Your captain called me here. | 你们警监叫我来的 |
[37:34] | They said that they identified a suspect in Mike’s murder– | 他们说找到了一个杀害迈克的嫌疑人 |
[37:37] | someone I may or may not recognize. | 我也许能认出来 |
[37:39] | So my colleague, Detective Bell, | 我的同事 贝尔警探 |
[37:42] | just found a virtual arsenal in the basement of your home. | 在你家的地下室发现了不少枪械 |
[37:47] | Wh-What are you…? Wait, is this a trick? | 你这是…等等 这是个陷阱吗 |
[37:49] | Did you bring me here so that you could search my place? Why? | 你们把我叫来是为了去搜我家吗 为什么 |
[37:53] | Yeah, I got some guns. | 对 我的确有几把枪 |
[37:56] | So what? They’re all registered. | 那又怎么了 都是注册过的 |
[37:59] | I ask you, is there anything more quintessentially American | 我问你 还有事什么能比 |
[38:02] | than being gunned down in a place | 在一个本该安全的地方被枪杀 |
[38:03] | that you’re meant to feel safe? | 更有美国特色吗 |
[38:06] | Sometimes I think it should be on U.S. Currency. | 有时我都觉得这事该印在美国钞票上了 |
[38:09] | Most of your ilk do themselves in. | 你的多数同僚都会选择自首 |
[38:12] | Of course, that is after the deed has been done. | 当然 都是在壮举完成后 |
[38:16] | But you were stopped before you could even get started, | 但你还没开始就被阻止了 |
[38:18] | weren’t you? | 不是吗 |
[38:19] | Foiled by a caped crusader. | 被一个穿披风的圣骑士阻止了 |
[38:22] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[38:24] | You and Mike Stratton were in communication; | 你和迈克·斯特拉顿有来往 |
[38:26] | that’s not in question. | 这是毫无疑问的 |
[38:27] | And at some point, perhaps whilst drunk, | 在某个时刻 也许是醉了 |
[38:31] | you made the depths of your hatred for Superlative Comics | 你让自己对超级英雄漫画的憎恨 |
[38:34] | frighteningly and abundantly clear. | 无比清晰地浮现了出来 |
[38:36] | I’m not sure whether you told him that you intended to | 我不知道你是否告诉了他 |
[38:38] | shoot as many of your coworkers as you possibly could, | 你打算尽可能多地打死你的同事们 |
[38:42] | but you did give him cause for concern. | 但你反正给了他担心的理由 |
[38:44] | He knew about the dinner you had been excluded from. | 他知道你被排挤在外的那次聚餐了 |
[38:46] | He went there to make sure you didn’t do anything stupid. | 他去了那里 确保你不会干什么蠢事 |
[38:51] | So imagine his horror when you arrive armed to the teeth. | 想象下他看到你全副武装地抵达时有多惊恐吧 |
[38:57] | You got quite an imagination; you should work in comics. | 你很有想象力 真该去画漫画 |
[39:01] | This was found near his body. | 这是在他尸体附近发现的 |
[39:04] | At first, we thought it was torn | 起初 我们以为是从 |
[39:06] | from the belt of another hero. | 另一个英雄的腰带上扯下来的 |
[39:09] | But it wasn’t. | 但并不是 |
[39:10] | Tactical belts aren’t made for do-gooding, | 战术腰带不是给见义勇为的英雄用的 |
[39:11] | they’re made for people with guns. | 是给带枪的人用的 |
[39:13] | They’re meant to carry extra ammunition. | 他们会携带额外的军火 |
[39:15] | Before you shot Mike, there was a struggle, | 你射杀迈克前 曾有过打斗 |
[39:17] | and he ripped this from your belt. | 他从你的皮带上扯下了这个 |
[39:19] | It was a coincidence, an armored man being shot | 真是个巧合 一个穿了防弹衣的人 |
[39:21] | by armor-piercing bullets. | 被穿甲弹射杀了 |
[39:22] | They weren’t meant for him. | 本来不是为他准备的 |
[39:24] | No. They were meant for your tormentors | 不是 本来是要对付你在无极动漫公司的 |
[39:27] | at Superlative Comics. | 那些眼中钉的 |
[39:29] | You wanted to be able to shoot through furniture, | 你想射穿办公室里的桌椅 |
[39:31] | you wanted to be able to shoot through other people, | 射穿其他人 |
[39:33] | through anything and everything that stood between you and them. | 射穿任何阻挡在你和他们之间的一切 |
[39:38] | I think you’ve told me precisely two things that were true. | 我想你已经告诉了我两个事实 |
[39:42] | One, that you admired and appreciated | 第一 你敬重并欣赏 |
[39:45] | Mike’s dedication to the Midnight Ranger’s ideals, | 迈克在午夜游侠的理念上的付出 |
[39:48] | and secondly, that Mike was your friend. | 第二 迈克是你朋友 |
[39:53] | So why don’t you do the right thing now. | 所以 不如你现在做件正确的事吧 |
[39:55] | Why don’t you make it clear that your friend | 证明你的朋友并没像个傻子一样 |
[39:59] | didn’t die a silly man in a silly costume. | 死在一套愚蠢的道具服里吧 |
[40:04] | And make it clear that he died a hero. | 证明他是像英雄般死去的吧 |
[40:10] | I… | 我… |
[40:11] | I never shot anybody before. | 我以前从没开枪打过人 |
[40:16] | I saw Mike laying there, | 我看到迈克躺在那里 |
[40:18] | I realized I couldn’t do that to anybody else. | 突然意识到我没法对任何人做这种事 |
[40:25] | What’s all that? | 那都是什么 |
[40:27] | It’s a little light reading | 一些休闲读物 |
[40:27] | for our friend Ben Garrett, | 给我们的朋友本·格兰特的 |
[40:29] | aka Benji Garrett, aka The Standard-Bearer, | 也就是本吉·格兰特 扛旗侠 |
[40:31] | aka the new Midnight Ranger. | 新的午夜游侠 |
[40:33] | I e-mailed him about the resolution of our case. | 我给他发邮件说明了案子的结局 |
[40:35] | Despite Mike Stratton’s murder, | 虽然迈克·斯特拉顿被杀了 |
[40:37] | he’s still intent on remaining a hero. | 他还是想继续做个英雄 |
[40:39] | And you thought since you can’t change his mind… | 而你觉得既然没办法改变他的想法… |
[40:42] | I would loan him some materials | 我会借他些东西 |
[40:43] | that might hone his observational skills, | 也许能磨练他的观察能力 |
[40:45] | help him know a threat when he sees one. | 帮他识别出威胁 |
[40:48] | That’s sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[40:50] | Makes me want to buy you a cape. | 我都想给你买个披风了 |
[40:53] | All right, I’m going out for a little while. | 好了 我要出去一会 |
[40:54] | Being fitted for your own costume? | 去试穿你自己的超级英雄制服吗 |
[40:56] | I’m having dinner with a friend. | 我要跟一个朋友去吃饭 |
[40:58] | See you later. | 回见 |
[41:13] | Emil Kurtz? | 埃米尔·库尔茨 |
[41:16] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[41:18] | We have a friend in common: Morland Holmes. | 我们有个共同的朋友 莫兰德·福尔摩斯 |
[41:20] | Oh. Well, nice to meet you. | 好吧 很高兴认识你 |
[41:21] | Morland asked me to find a mole in his office. | 莫兰德让我查他团队里的内鬼 |
[41:24] | Someone who undermined a deal to build refineries in Colombia. | 一个破坏了哥伦比亚炼油厂交易的人 |
[41:28] | In other words, he asked me to find you. | 换句话说 他让我找出你 |
[41:32] | What? | 什么 |
[41:33] | You collect jazz records. | 你喜欢收集爵士唱片 |
[41:34] | A week before Morland’s deal fell apart, | 莫兰德的生意告吹前一周 |
[41:37] | you sent a few very long e-mails | 你给一个叫”乙烯基场43″的人 |
[41:39] | to someone named VinylVenue43. | 发了封很长的邮件 |
[41:41] | He was offering to sell you some rare albums; | 他提出要卖给你一些稀有专辑 |
[41:43] | you wanted a better deal. | 你还希望能便宜点 |
[41:45] | Do you know what a Vigenere cipher is? | 你知道维吉尼亚密码吗 |
[41:48] | It’s a form of encryption | 是一种加密术 |
[41:49] | that allows a person to hide messages | 能让人在普通文本中 |
[41:51] | inside regular texts. | 隐藏信息 |
[41:53] | You weren’t looking to buy any records. | 你并非想买什么唱片 |
[41:56] | You were sharing information with the competition. | 你是在跟竞争对手分享信息 |
[42:01] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[42:03] | Same thing that VinylVenue43 did. | 跟乙烯基场43一样 |
[42:08] | A mole inside Morland Holmes’ office. | 我要一个在莫兰德团队里的内鬼 |