Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第16集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 10, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第16集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:03] Subject is a 54-year-old Caucasian male, 对象是名五十四岁白种人男性
[00:07] moderately overweight. 中度超重
[00:09] The hair on the left side of the head is matted with blood, 头部左侧的头发沾染了血迹
[00:11] but there are no apparent external wounds. 但没有明显的外部伤口
[00:14] Because he was stabbed through the ear. 因为他是从耳部被刺的
[00:18] Ice pick? 碎冰锥
[00:19] Stiletto knife. 雕刻刀
[00:20] The assailant was right-handed, shorter than the victim, 攻击者惯用右手 比受害者矮
[00:23] probably a woman. 可能是个女人
[00:25] The victim knew her 受害者认识她
[00:26] or was at least comfortable enough with her 或者最起码和她一起很放松
[00:28] to let his guard down. 因此放松了警惕
[00:30] You here for a reason or just to show off? 你是有事相求还是来显摆的
[00:33] I’m here about the Gupta case. 我是为了盖普达案子来的
[00:35] Watson and I believe we’ve identified 华生和我认为我们找出了
[00:36] the individual who murdered him. 那个谋杀他的人
[00:39] Trouble is, the DNA evidence doesn’t match our suspect. 问题是 DNA证据与我们的嫌犯不符
[00:43] Or anyone else in Mr. Gupta’s life. 也不是其他任何与盖普达先生相关的人
[00:46] There’s no way anyone but the killer left that sample. 除了杀手 别人不可能留下那个样本
[00:49] I agree. It’s the only thing that makes sense. 我同意 那是唯一合理的解释
[00:51] So I did a little digging and I found the DNA’s source. 所以我做了些调查 发现了DNA的源头
[00:55] Great. 太好了
[00:56] Who was it? 是谁的
[00:56] You. 你的
[00:58] You are the killer, according to the evidence. 你就是杀手 按证据来看的话
[01:03] Got a sample of your DNA from a discarded water bottle. 我从你丢弃的水瓶上提取了DNA样本
[01:06] An outside lab compared that to the test results 一家外围实验室将测试结果
[01:08] from the sample found on the body. 与在尸体上找到的样本做了比对
[01:11] Perfect match. 完全吻合
[01:17] I contaminated the sample with my own DNA. 我自己的DNA污染了样本
[01:20] Obviously it was a mistake. 显然是个疏忽
[01:21] These things happen from time to time. 这种事偶尔会发生
[01:23] Never on my watch. 我这里绝对不会
[01:26] Can you still close the case? 你还能结案吗
[01:28] We have enough evidence to put the true culprit away for life. 我们有足够的证据让真凶被终身监禁
[01:32] But the contaminated DNA test 但是受污染的DNA测试
[01:33] will complicate things for the prosecutor. 会给检察官那里添麻烦
[01:36] They’re gonna want me to testify, explain what happened. 他们会让我出庭作证 解释这事
[01:42] Thanks for letting me know. 谢谢你通知我了
[01:46] You still on for chess this Thursday? 这周四还要下棋吗
[01:49] Been brushing up on my Dvoretsky. 我一直在练德沃列茨基棋局
[01:52] You’re gonna have your hands full. 你估计要棋逢对手了
[01:54] Looking forward to it. 十分期待
[02:39] Mister, you okay?! 先生 你没事吧
[02:40] Oh, no, no, no, no. 不不不
[02:42] Mister. 先生
[03:01] Nice place. 好地方
[03:02] It’s a grotesquery. 这就是个怪物
[03:04] It’s an edifice to its owner’s wealth. 是这里的主人用财富堆砌起来的
[03:07] It’s a brag made of brick, stone and drywall. 是用砖块 石头和石膏板构成的炫耀
[03:10] My late father built it. 是我先父盖的
[03:13] After he plowed over two farms and a school. 在他拆掉两座农场和一座学校之后
[03:17] He named it Baskerville Hall. 他称其为巴斯克维尔大厅
[03:19] Small wonder that your father and mine were friends. 难怪你我的父亲是朋友呢
[03:21] Sherlock Holmes. 夏洛克·福尔摩斯
[03:22] Henry. 亨利
[03:23] And you must be Miss Watson. 你一定是华生小姐了
[03:24] Yes. Hi. 是的 你好
[03:26] He sends his condolences, my father. 我父亲向您表示哀悼
[03:28] I appreciate that. 我很感激
[03:29] You said that you had some concerns over your brother’s death. 你说你对你哥哥的死有些疑虑
[03:32] I read about what happened. 我读到了事情经过
[03:33] According to the news, it was an accident. 据新闻所说 那是场意外
[03:35] The coroner’s report said he was running, 验尸官报告说他当时在跑步
[03:37] slipped off an embankment and got hit by a truck. 滑落路堤然后被车撞了
[03:40] You sound skeptical. 你听起来有些质疑
[03:42] Charles ran in Central Park every day. 查尔斯每天都在中央公园跑步
[03:43] He knew those trails backwards and forwards. 他对那条路了如指掌
[03:45] He wouldn’t run near the top of an embankment like that, 他不会那么靠近路堤跑步的
[03:47] let alone accidentally falling into traffic. 更别说不小心掉下去被车撞了
[03:50] So you think he was pushed. 所以你认为他是被推下去的
[03:51] All I know is my family has a lot of money. 我只知道我家有很多钱
[03:54] And where there’s money… 而哪里有钱
[03:55] There’s motive for murder. 哪里就有谋杀动机
[03:58] Who stands to inherit in the event of Charles’s death? 谁会在查尔斯死后继承遗产
[04:02] I do. 是我
[04:03] But I loved Charles. 但是我爱查尔斯
[04:05] And I already have more money than I know what to do with. 而我的钱早已经多得不知道怎么花了
[04:07] I think this may be about his business. 我想这可能跟他的生意有关
[04:10] He was a venture capitalist. 他是个风险投资人
[04:11] He invested in tech start-ups, and he was uncompromising 他投资新兴科技 并且在事关
[04:15] when it came to the companies he backed. 他所投资的公司时 态度很强硬
[04:16] I’m sure he made enemies. 我相信他树立了不少敌人
[04:19] Are you thinking of anyone specific? 你能想到具体的人吗
[04:21] No. I just think it’s the best place to start. 没有 但我觉得是个好的开始
[04:23] Understood. 明白了
[04:25] But any talk of motive is premature at this point. 但目前任何对于动机的揣测都言之过早
[04:27] We would start by establishing the facts of the case. 我们应该开始寻找案件中的事实
[04:31] So you’ll look into it? 所以你会调查了
[04:34] We’ll examine the scene of Charles’s death. 我们会调查查尔斯死亡的现场
[04:36] But not because of your connection to my father. 但不是因为你和我父亲的关系
[04:38] If anything, we’re gonna have to look past that. 或者说 我们完全忽视掉这一点好了
[04:41] I’ll pay you whatever you need. 我会付给你想要的金额
[04:43] My thoughts exactly. 我也是这么想的
[04:44] We’ll be in touch. 我们再联络
[04:57] Henry Baskerville’s wrong. 亨利·巴斯克维尔错了
[05:00] His brother wasn’t pushed, he was chased. 他弟弟没有被推下去 而是被追的
[05:03] Looks like he ran straight through these bushes. 看起来他径直穿越了这些树丛
[05:05] He must’ve been scraped up pretty badly, 他肯定被刮得很惨
[05:07] but he never slowed down. 但他没有慢下来
[05:09] Adrenaline narrows the field of vision. 肾上腺素会让视野变小
[05:12] Hence the term “A blind panic.” 所以才有了”盲目恐慌”一词
[05:14] It was night. 事发在晚上
[05:15] Charles was fleeing a relentless pursuer. 查尔斯在逃离无情的追踪者
[05:18] He was running at full speed and he glanced behind him 他全速奔跑并且不时地向后看
[05:21] at whoever was chasing him. 看追他的那个人
[05:23] He wouldn’t have seen the embankment 他没能看到路堤
[05:24] until it was too late. 直到一切都太晚了
[05:26] The question is: who was chasing him? 问题是 谁在追他
[05:28] Ground’s frozen; has been for some time. 地面都冻住了 有一段时间了
[05:32] So no footprints. 也就是没有脚印
[05:34] But… notice how these branches are broken twice. 不过 这些树枝都被折断了两次
[05:39] Once by Charles, 一次是被查尔斯
[05:40] once by his pursuer. 另一次是追他的人
[05:43] Whoever was chasing him was big. 不管是谁在追他 身形很高大
[05:46] Several inches wider than Charles. 比查尔斯宽几厘米
[05:48] Ran with a low stance. 跑步时重心很低
[06:06] What is it? 怎么了
[06:08] Someone else. 还有一个人
[06:10] A third party. 有个第三方
[06:12] Forced their way through here from just behind this tree. 从这棵树后面穿过了这里
[06:16] Headed south. 往南去了
[06:18] Away from Charles and whoever was chasing him. 逃离了查尔斯和追他的人
[06:24] Judging by the degree of browning on the breaking points of this twig, 根据这根枝条断裂处的变色程度
[06:27] I’d say that both paths 我敢说这两条路
[06:28] were created at roughly the same time. 几乎是同时出现的
[06:31] So maybe a witness. 也许是个目击者
[06:32] Saw something, ran. 看到些东西 然后跑了
[06:35] What was he doing here, alone in the middle of the night 大冬天的深更半夜他一个人
[06:37] in the dead of winter? 在这里干什么
[06:40] He was drinking. 他在喝酒
[06:43] Fortified wine of the cheapest variety. 最便宜的那种烈酒
[06:53] It’s from a liquor store just half a mile south of here. 是从南边八百米处的那家小酒馆买的
[06:56] Time-stamped an hour before Charles’s death. 时间是在查尔斯死前一个小时
[06:59] Should be more than enough for you to track down our witness. 应该足够你去追查我们的目击者了
[07:02] Me? 我
[07:03] Where you going? 你要去哪
[07:05] It’s the first Thursday of the month. 今天是这个月第一个周四
[07:08] Wait, you’re leaving to go play chess? 等等 你是要去下象棋吗
[07:17] Hey, spare a little change? 能给点零钱吗
[07:20] Hey, s-spare some change for an Iraq vet? 能给伊拉克老兵一点零钱吗
[07:22] Here you go. 给你
[07:25] I’d like to ask you a few questions. 我想问你几个问题
[07:27] Pretty lady gives me a 20, she can do whatever she wants. 漂亮姑娘给我二十块 想要什么都行
[07:30] You bought a bottle of fortified wine 你几天前晚上
[07:31] from BRN Liquor a few nights ago. 在BRN酒馆买了一瓶烈酒
[07:34] They gave me your name, said you were a regular, 他们给了我你的名字 说你是常客
[07:36] told me that you work this area. 告诉我你在这片工作
[07:38] They treat me okay. 他们对我还不错
[07:39] They don’t act like I got the plague or nothing. 没把我当成麻烦之类的
[07:42] You brought the bottle to the park, 你把那瓶酒带到公园去了
[07:43] and then you saw something that scared you, and you ran away. 然后你看到一些很恐怖的东西 你就跑了
[07:49] I don’t want to talk to you anymore. 我不想再跟你谈了
[07:51] Hey, I just want to know what you saw. 我只是想知道你看到了什么
[07:53] No, y-you’re from the hospital. 不 你是从医院来的
[07:55] Y-You just want me to say something crazy 你只想让我说一些疯话
[07:56] so you can take me away. 这样你就可以把我带走了
[07:58] Y-You want me to take my meds. 你想让我吃药
[07:59] No, I just want to know what you saw. 不 我只想知道你看到了什么
[08:01] And I want to help you find a place to stay tonight. 而且我想帮你找个今晚住的地方
[08:03] Here, you can take the money either way. 给 不管怎样你都可以拿着这钱
[08:09] There was this guy. 当时有个人
[08:10] H-He was running, he was afraid. 他在跑 他很害怕
[08:13] Did you see who was chasing him? 你看到是谁在追他了吗
[08:15] It wasn’t a who, it was a what. 不是谁 是什么
[08:19] What do you mean? 什么意思
[08:20] It was an animal. 那是个动物
[08:22] Big like a… like a bear or like a giant wolf. 很大 像熊或者巨狼一样
[08:27] It had this-this crazy growl like… 它在疯狂地嚎叫…
[08:34] And it was glowing. 而且它在发光
[08:36] Like a lantern. 像灯笼一样
[08:39] It was glowing? 它在发光
[08:45] Checkmate. 将军
[08:47] The usual. 一如既往
[08:49] Actually, Eugene, your play has been distinctly subpar today. 尤金 你今天明显发挥失常
[08:52] Are you aware that our average game 你知道我们的棋局
[08:54] lasts approximately 46 moves? 平均要下46步吗
[08:56] I don’t really keep track. 我可没数过
[08:58] It speaks to your skill. 这说明了你的水平
[09:00] And yet, today we’ve played four games of 但今天我们下的四局棋
[09:01] 21, 33, 28 and 19 moves. 分别是21 33 28和19步
[09:05] Add that to your rather sleepy disposition, 再加上你昏昏欲睡的状态
[09:06] your work on the Gupta case, and, uh… 你在盖普达案子上的事 还有…
[09:10] I must say, I’m concerned. 我必须得说 我很担心
[09:13] I’m fine. 我没事
[09:16] Two months ago, a bomb went off in this facility 两个月前 一颗炸弹在这栋楼里爆炸
[09:18] and a close friend of yours was killed in the blast. 而你的一位好友在爆炸中丧生
[09:21] You yourself were nearly killed. 你自己也差点没命
[09:24] I can only imagine the trepidation you must feel 我只能想象你来这里工作
[09:26] coming to work here. 一定觉得很恐慌
[09:27] It’s a small wonder you’ve started 你在工作时
[09:28] taking anti-anxiety medication while at work. 服用抗焦虑药物也就不足为奇了
[09:37] Lot of people take anti-anxiety meds. 很多人都吃抗焦虑药
[09:38] That may be, but based on my observations, 也许是 但根据我的观察
[09:41] you’re taking an unusually large dose, 你服用了很大的剂量
[09:43] enough to produce mild cognitive impairment. 足够产生轻微的认知力损伤
[09:45] 19 moves, Eugene. 19步 尤金
[09:47] And you missed an obvious avenue of escape. 而且你错过了一条明显的出路
[09:50] I’m sorry I’m not giving good chess. 很抱歉我棋艺不精
[09:53] Like you said, I have a lot on my mind. 如你所说 我脑子里有很多事
[09:55] Yeah, and yet you’re not in therapy. 对 但你没有参加心理治疗
[09:57] You’re just self-medicating. 你只是自己吃药
[09:58] I’m fine. 我没事
[10:02] Lunch break’s over. I should get back to it. 午休结束了 我该回去了
[10:04] You’ve got another 13 minutes. 你还有13分钟
[10:05] Yeah, well, maybe I’ve taken enough beatings for one day. 没错 也许我今天已经输够了
[10:09] Thanks for the games. 多谢你跟我下棋
[10:27] What’s all that? 那都是什么
[10:28] Case materials. 案件材料
[10:30] Those are old cases. What are they doing back up here? 都是陈年旧案 你弄过来干什么
[10:33] I expected you home hours ago. 我都等你一个多小时了
[10:34] Were you not able to find the man who witnessed 你没能找到那个目睹了
[10:35] Charles Baskerville’s run through the woods? 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔在树林里奔跑的人吗
[10:38] I found him. 我找到他了
[10:40] Helped him find a shelter. 给他找了个收容所
[10:41] He was homeless. 他是个流浪汉
[10:42] Did he see who was chasing Charles? 他看到是谁在追查尔斯了吗
[10:47] Sort of. 算是吧
[10:50] Giant, glowing wolf. 发光的巨狼
[10:52] Or a very small bear. 或者是个小熊
[10:55] Like I said, the guy was off his meds, 我说过了 那家伙停了药
[10:57] he was drunk. I mean… 当时还喝醉了
[11:00] Why do you look like you’re taking this seriously? 你为什么一副把这事当真了的表情
[11:02] Because it is, in its way, 因为这就是真的
[11:04] a confirmation that Charles was chased to his death. 这样就能确定查尔斯是被追赶致死的
[11:06] By a giant four-legged animal 被一头巨大的四脚动物追
[11:08] that was lit up like a lantern. 身体还像灯笼一样发着光
[11:10] As you said, 如你所说
[11:11] the man you spoke with was in an altered state– 你找到的那个人当时处于迷离状态
[11:13] maybe two– 没吃药还醉酒
[11:14] but he was there and he did see something. 但他当时在场也的确目睹了经过
[11:17] What if Charles’s pursuer was just a large man 有没有可能追查尔斯的是个身材高大
[11:20] in bulky, light-reflecting winter gear? 穿着笨重 反光冬装的人
[11:22] Oh, you have a very large man in mind? 你想到哪个高个子了吗
[11:25] While you were out, 你不在家的时候
[11:26] Henry Baskerville gave me access 亨利·巴斯克维尔把他哥哥的
[11:27] to his brother’s social media account. 社交网络账号给我了
[11:30] As you know, it’s common for such accounts to become memorials 你也知道 通常情况下如果用户死亡
[11:32] in the event of their user’s death. 这些账号就会成为纪念主页
[11:35] I wanted to see who had visited Charles’s page 我想看看哪些人访问过查尔斯的页面
[11:37] and who’d left their condolences, and I discovered this. 哪些人留下了吊唁 然后我发现了这个
[11:43] It’s a messaging app. 这是消息应用
[11:45] There are two distinct inboxes– 有两个不同的收件箱
[11:47] one for friends and one for messages from strangers. 一个是好友的留言 另一个是陌生人的消息
[11:50] There’s no evidence that Charles ever accessed either of them. 没有证据表明查尔斯查看过它们
[11:53] But the second inbox drew my attention. 但这第二个收件箱引起了我的注意
[11:57] “You’re committing crimes against nature. “你的罪行违反了自然规律
[11:59] You will reap the whirlwind.” 总有一天你会自食其果”
[12:02] These are death threats. 这些都是死亡威胁
[12:03] All left by the same anonymous user. 都是同一个匿名用户的留言
[12:06] He apparently took issue with Charles’s biotech ventures 他明显不同意查尔斯对其公司下设机构
[12:09] under the aegis of one of his companies, baskerville Genetics. 巴斯克维尔基因公司进行生物技术投资
[12:13] Producers of such horrors as drought-resistant rice 这种恐怖的机构会研制出抗旱的大米
[12:15] and improved-yield cotton. 高品质的棉花
[12:18] And you couldn’t find him. 但你查不出这人的身份
[12:19] He’s proven quite adept at concealing his identity. 他很擅长隐藏身份
[12:22] But he did let slip one telling personal detail. 但他却露出了能暴露个人信息的破绽
[12:27] “Pray we never meet in person. “祈祷咱们不会在现实中碰面吧
[12:29] I’m twice your size.” 我身材可比你大两倍”
[12:33] You really think that someone killed Charles 你们真的认为有人因为我们的工作
[12:36] because of the work we were doing? 而杀死了查尔斯
[12:38] The work you do is controversial. 你们的工作本来就饱受争议
[12:40] Well, it shouldn’t be. 不该有这么大的争议
[12:42] As you can see, the genetically modified organisms we create 你们也看到了 我们生产的转基因生物
[12:45] are harmless. 是无害的
[12:47] Pest-resistant potatoes. 抗虫害的土豆
[12:49] Hens that can produce more eggs. 产蛋更多的母鸡
[12:51] The fact remains, 尽管事实如此
[12:52] Charles Baskerville received death threats 但查尔斯还是因为与这家实验室的关系
[12:53] over his association with this lab, and then died. 收到了死亡威胁 随后就死了
[12:56] Well, we all receive threats. 我们都会收到死亡威胁
[12:58] It’s a hazard of the trade. 这是这项事业的风险所在
[13:00] One of the people who sent threats to Charles stood out. 给查尔斯发死亡威胁的人中有一个比较特别
[13:03] The way he described himself 他对自己的描述
[13:04] fit the physical description of our killer. 符合本案凶手的特征
[13:06] We thought if he threatened anyone else here, 我们觉得如果他曾威胁过这里其他人
[13:08] we might be able to identify him. 我们就可能找到他
[13:10] If I could see the notes in question… 能让我看看这些威胁留言吗…
[13:13] Sherlock has them on his phone. 夏洛克的手机上有
[13:24] That is not a pest-resistant potato. 这可不是抗虫害土豆
[13:27] No, that’s Cornwall. 没错 它叫康沃尔
[13:29] He’s a very special dog. 是只很特别的狗
[13:31] I can tell. 看得出来
[13:34] Oh, my God. 天啊
[13:37] It’s glowing. 它会发光
[13:40] Is he also modified to account for his whereabouts 能否说明一下
[13:42] the night Charles Baskerville was murdered? 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔死亡当晚它的下落
[13:52] Good boy. 好样的
[13:53] Technically, Cornwall’s a chimera. 严格说来 康沃尔是个多种基因嵌合体
[13:56] An animal with genetic material from two different species. 它身上有两种不同物种的遗传基因
[13:58] In his case, we introduced 在它身上 我们采用了
[14:00] jellyfish DNA to make his skin bioluminescent. 水母的DNA 令它的皮肤能够生物性发光
[14:03] He seems very sweet. 它看起来很乖
[14:04] He is. 是的
[14:06] And he loved Charles. 他也很喜欢查尔斯
[14:07] They used to throw that ball around all the time. 他们俩经常一起玩掷球
[14:11] As for Cornwall’s whereabouts the night Charles died, 至于查尔斯死亡当晚康沃尔的去向
[14:14] he’s never left the lab. 它从未离开过实验室
[14:15] How can you be certain? 你为何如此确定
[14:17] We monitor him constantly. 我们一直在监视它
[14:19] The jellyfish DNA is an experiment. 运用水母的DNA是项实验
[14:22] If he stays healthy, 如果它能保持健康稳定
[14:23] that means we can introduce genetic code 那就意味着我们可以运用基因序列
[14:25] for resisting cancer 来治疗癌症
[14:26] or enhancing motor skills, controlling blood sugar. 或增强运动技巧 控制血糖
[14:29] You name it. 用途应有尽有
[14:30] Well, he could be the “GMO-trocity” 它可能就是引发死亡威胁的
[14:32] that triggered the threats. 所谓”基因改造生物暴行”
[14:34] People who send those kinds of messages 发送那种信息的人
[14:36] aren’t particularly discerning in their judgments. 不见得有那么高的辨别能力
[14:39] “GMO-trocity”? “基因改造生物暴行”
[14:40] The person you’re looking for used 这字眼出自
[14:41] that exact term? 你们要找的那个人之口
[14:43] Multiple times a message. 每条信息中都运用过多次
[14:45] Yes, I received similar threats. 没错 我也收到过类似的威胁
[14:47] Dozens a week. 每星期几十次
[14:48] Actually, our security people are looking into it. 事实上 我们的保安人员正在调查这事
[14:51] I’ll call them. 我打电话问问他们
[14:52] I hope by now 希望目前
[14:53] they’ve managed to locate the sender. 他们已经找到发信人了
[14:59] Mr. Selden, we work with the police. 塞尔登先生 我们是警察局的
[15:00] Please answer the door. 请您把门打开
[15:02] I can hear you breathing. Open up. 我能听见你的呼吸声 开门
[15:04] Or would you prefer we spoke with your probation officer? 还是你想让我去找你的缓刑官谈谈
[15:16] What do you want? 你们想怎样
[15:20] I heard about Charles Baskerville’s 我在新闻上听到
[15:22] little accident on the news. 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的小意外了
[15:26] Couldn’t have happened to a nicer perverter of science. 发生在他这科学败类身上真是罪有应得
[15:29] Actually, 事实上
[15:30] we don’t think it was an accident. 我们不认为那是意外
[15:32] Not exactly. 不完全是
[15:33] We think someone was chasing him the night that he died. 我们认为他死的那晚有人在追他
[15:36] And you thought that I…? 而你们觉得是我…
[15:39] Baskerville was offed Sunday night, right? 巴斯克维尔是在周日晚上死的 对吧
[15:42] Just after 9:00. 刚过九点
[15:43] I was at a comedy club with my sister. 我当时跟我妹妹在一家喜剧俱乐部
[15:46] Big mistake. 真不应该去
[15:48] Every bozo that got onstage 每个上台表演的蠢货
[15:50] made me the centerpiece of their routines. 都拿我来取笑
[15:54] Fat shaming is the last acceptable prejudice in America. 嘲笑胖人是美国人唯一能容忍的偏见了
[15:59] We found you through your posts on anti-GMO web sites. 我们发现你在反对转基因生物的网站上发过帖
[16:02] We know that you communicate with a lot of people 我们知道你和一群跟你观点相同的人
[16:04] who share your outlook. 经常联系
[16:06] Do you think any of them ever threatened Charles Baskerville? 你觉得他们中有人威胁过查尔斯·巴斯克维尔吗
[16:09] Nah. The people on those sites are mostly whiners and posers. 没有 网站上那些人都只是发发牢骚
[16:13] Unlike you? 不像你
[16:15] I put myself out there. 我勇敢地站了出来
[16:17] GMOs are a threat to human existence. 转基因生物对人类的生存会产生威胁
[16:20] Modified foods can make us sick. 转基因食物会让我们生病
[16:23] Modified diseases could wipe us out. 转基因类的疾病会让我们灭绝
[16:27] I tell the people making the stuff what’s what. 我告诉那些从事这方面工作的人他们在做什么
[16:29] So you’ve sent threats to people 这么说你不光是给
[16:31] other than the employees of Baskerville Genetics? 巴斯克维尔基因公司的员工发过威胁信
[16:34] Take a look at my research on the table. 看看我放在桌子上的研究
[16:37] Go ahead. 随便看
[16:42] You think they’re the only ones creating abominations? 你觉得只有他们在制造这些恶心的东西吗
[16:49] This is a chicken? 这是只鸡吗
[16:51] Engineered to be 被改造成没毛的
[16:52] featherless for easier processing. 这样处理起来比较简单
[16:55] You could’ve eaten one of those and not even known it. 你们可能就吃过这种鸡却完全不知道
[16:59] Hey, you should take a look at this. 你应该看看这个
[17:07] What precisely is this? 这是什么
[17:09] A war dog. 战争狗
[17:10] Made for the U.S. Military. 为美国军方打造的
[17:12] It’s supposed to be stronger, 它应该比普通的狗
[17:14] smarter and faster than a normal dog. 更强壮 更聪明也更快
[17:17] And willing to kill on command. 而且接到命令后能够杀人
[17:21] But, hey, let them 不过 就让他们
[17:22] keep telling you how harmless GMOs are. 继续告诉你转基因生物是无害的吧
[17:27] Oh, I’ll admit Charles and I had our disagreements. 我承认查尔斯和我有些不同的看法
[17:31] He underbid you 在一些很有价值的
[17:32] on several valuable contracts. 合同上他都出价比你低
[17:34] Beat you to market with drought-resistant rice 在抗旱水稻的市场上他也胜过了你
[17:36] and stole a dozen of your employees. 而且他还挖走了你的十几名员工
[17:38] Then he got hit by a truck– karma. 然后他就被撞死了 报应
[17:40] I’m still not sure why I’m here. 我还是不知道叫我来这干什么
[17:42] The department’s decided to reopen the investigation 警方决定重新调查
[17:44] into Charles Baskerville’s death. 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的死因
[17:46] We now have reason to believe he was murdered. 我们现在有理由相信他是被谋杀的
[17:49] You think I did it? 你们觉得是我干的吗
[17:51] A witness told us 一名目击者说
[17:51] that Charles was chased down by some sort of strange animal. 当时查尔斯正被一只很奇怪的动物追赶
[17:56] It might even be as strange as this. 可能就像这只这么奇怪
[18:03] You think I sicced one of these on him? 你们觉得是我让这玩意去咬他的吗
[18:05] And being accused of murder is humorous why? 你为什么觉得被指控谋杀很好笑呢
[18:08] Because this animal doesn’t exist. 因为这种动物根本不存在
[18:11] We have evidence that your company 我们有证据显示你的公司
[18:12] has been developing these so-called war dogs 为美国军方制造了这种所谓的
[18:15] for the U.S. Military. 战争狗
[18:17] According to public records, the U.S. Army Research 根据公开的记录 美国陆军研究实验室
[18:20] Laboratory gave you $5 million in preliminary development funds 给了你们五百万美元作为一项名为
[18:23] for something they call “An enhanced canine asset.” “增强型犬类项目”的初步研发基金
[18:26] They did, but that picture’s a mock-up. 是的 不过这张图片只是个模型
[18:29] It’s concept art from our proposal, 是我们提案中的一个概念模型
[18:31] the one that got us that grant. 帮我们争取到了拨款
[18:33] So you’re saying you never actually developed these dogs? 你是说你们从没研发过这种狗吗
[18:35] The Army wanted the animals to be fast, strong, smart, 军方想让这种动物能快速 强壮而且聪明
[18:38] practically wanted them to talk. 甚至想让它们说话
[18:40] It was too much. 要求太多了
[18:41] We tried a dozen different approaches, 我们试过很多种不同的方法
[18:43] but every attempt ended up either stillborn or nonviable. 不过每次这种动物要么胎死腹中要么就夭折了
[18:46] Got any way to prove that? 有什么能证明的吗
[18:48] Call the ARL. 给陆军研究实验室打电话
[18:49] When they saw our results, they cut off our funding. 他们看过我们的成果后 就切断了基金
[18:51] Point is, I can’t kill anyone 关键是 我不可能用一种
[18:53] with a super dog that doesn’t exist. 不存在的超级狗去杀人
[18:59] Look, you want to identify people who wanted Charles dead? 你们想知道哪些人想要查尔斯死吗
[19:01] Easy– make a list of everyone he ever patent-jacked. 很简单 列出所有被他专利侵犯过的人
[19:07] You know about the patent-jacking, right? 你们知道什么是专利侵犯吧
[19:10] Patent-jacking? 专利侵犯
[19:11] A neologism for the hijacking of patents. 指侵犯别人专利的新词
[19:14] Or so I infer. 我是这么认为的
[19:16] Charles Baskerville had it down to an art form. 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔的招数很高明
[19:18] Now say you’re a start-up with a brilliant idea but no money. 假如你是个创业者 有个好创意但没钱
[19:21] He’d give you working capital in exchange 他会给你营运资本 条件是
[19:23] for shares in the company and seats on your board. 他入股你的公司并且加入董事会
[19:26] But once he had a controlling interest, bang. 但他一旦得到了控股权 砰
[19:29] He’d liquidate the company and sell off its assets. 他会把公司清算 然后把资产卖掉
[19:32] Mostly to himself. 大部分都是卖给他自己
[19:34] And most especially the patents. 而且大部分都是专利
[19:36] He stole the hopes and dreams of dozens of brilliant inventors. 他偷走了许多杰出发明家的希望和梦想
[19:40] If you really think someone sent a monster after him, 如果你们真的认为有人放怪物去杀他
[19:44] I’d start with them. 我觉得应该先查查那些人
[19:48] Corporate records of 公司记录显示
[19:48] Charles Baskerville’s meetings with more than 查尔斯·巴斯克维尔跟超过三十个
[19:50] 30 of his alleged patent-jacking victims. 专利侵犯的受害者见过面
[19:53] We do not want for suspects. 我们可不希望有这么多嫌疑犯
[19:56] I’m surprised Henry didn’t mention 我很意外亨利之前居然没提过
[19:58] this patent-jacking before. 专利侵犯的事
[19:59] Well, it’s possible he wasn’t aware. 很可能他不知道
[20:01] Some people have a way of blinding themselves 有些人对于他们爱的人
[20:03] to the faults of those that they love or admire. 或崇拜的人的缺点都会视而不见
[20:06] Did you know that American icon 你知道吗 美国的标志人物
[20:08] Thomas Edison used similar techniques 托马斯·爱迪生用过同样的手段
[20:10] to acquire many of his patents? 来得到他的很多专利
[20:12] He would invite young inventors 他邀请一些年轻的发明家
[20:13] to show him their creations, 向他展示他们的创造
[20:15] and then he would have his employees 然后他就让他的员工们
[20:16] reverse-engineer their work and then patent the results. 反向推理出原理 然后将结果申请专利
[20:20] The real inventors wouldn’t see a penny. 而真正的发明者一分钱都拿不到
[20:22] I get it now. 我现在知道了
[20:23] Yeah. The only thing Edison didn’t patent was patent-jacking. 爱迪生唯一没申请的专利就是专利侵犯
[20:26] No, I’m not talking about that; I’m talking about 不 我没说这个 我说的是
[20:28] all this stuff that you’ve been reading. 你一直在研究的东西
[20:29] Our recent cases– Hawes. 我们最近的案子 霍伊斯
[20:32] Yeah, he’s been struggling. 他最近比较困扰
[20:34] That Gupta thing. 盖普达的事
[20:36] The contaminated DNA. 被污染的DNA
[20:38] I wanted to make certain that there weren’t other mistakes. 我想确认没有其他错误
[20:41] And? 然后呢
[20:43] I found some typos. 我找到些错别字
[20:44] His reports have been more perfunctory of late. 他的报告最近比较潦草
[20:47] That’s it? 就这些吗
[20:49] For now. 目前只有这些
[20:53] After everything that happened, he was prescribed 因为发生的事 医生给他开了
[20:54] certain medications, and I fear he’s been misusing them. 特定药物 我担心他在乱吃
[20:57] That’s why you left yesterday to talk to him. 所以你昨天离开了 你去找他谈了
[21:00] How’d it go? 怎么样
[21:00] Poorly. 不太好
[21:02] Is there anything you want me to…? 你想让我去…
[21:03] No, I think I know what I need to do next. 不 我知道我接下来该怎么做
[21:11] Find something? 有发现吗
[21:13] I think Henry did know about his brother’s patent-jacking. 我认为亨利知道他哥哥侵犯专利的事
[21:15] These are minutes from a meeting that Charles had 这是查尔斯
[21:18] with one of those companies he screwed over. 和一家被他摧毁的公司的会议记录
[21:20] Henry was in attendance. 亨利有出席
[21:24] If he was present at other meetings with other victims, 如果他也在其他受害者的会议上出席过
[21:27] that would suggest he was an active participant 那就说明他积极参与了
[21:31] in his brother’s crime. 他哥哥的罪行
[21:32] If Charles really was killed over patent-jacking, 如果查尔斯真是因为专利侵犯而杀的
[21:34] Henry could be a target, too. 亨利也可能是凶手的目标
[21:37] Charles didn’t do anything wrong. 查尔斯没做错什么
[21:39] The owners of the start-ups he liquidated 他清算的新公司的所有者
[21:41] were well compensated. 拿了很高的补偿金
[21:42] Did they want more than that? 他们会想要更多吗
[21:44] Maybe, but I can’t see any of them 也许 可我看不出有谁
[21:45] being angry enough to commit murder. 气愤到要去行凶
[21:47] Imagine you’re one of the inventors that Charles fleeced. 设想你是一个被查尔斯敲诈的投资人
[21:50] Imagine watching him make millions from your brainchild, 设想你看着他用你的发明赚了几百万
[21:52] while you’re forced to walk away 而你被迫退出
[21:54] with $100,000 and a hearty handshake. 只给你十万块和一次亲切的握手
[21:56] I’ll take a look at my notes 你提到的会议
[21:58] from the meetings you mentioned, okay? 我会仔细看我的笔记的 好吗
[22:00] See if anyone stands out, but that’s the best I can… 看有谁有嫌疑 但我只能做…
[22:04] Henry? 亨利
[22:06] Sorry. 不好意思
[22:07] Thought I saw something in my backyard. 我觉得我在院子里看到了什么东西
[22:11] What the hell? 什么鬼
[22:13] Something wrong? 怎么了
[22:16] There’s something out there. 外面有东西
[22:18] It’s glowing. 它在发光
[22:20] Henry, stay away from the windows. 亨利 别靠近窗户
[22:22] What the hell’s going on? 这他妈是怎么回事
[22:23] We’re not sure, but whatever it is, we think it chased Charles 还不清楚 但不管是什么 我们认为
[22:26] into traffic the other night. 就是它追着查尔斯出车祸的
[22:27] Just don’t let it get anywhere near you. 别让它靠近你
[22:29] We’re calling the police. 我们叫警察了
[22:32] Can-can you describe what you saw? 能描述下你看到的东西吗
[22:34] Uh, I… I-I don’t know. 我不知道
[22:36] Uh, it’s an animal, uh, it’s on four legs. 是个动物 它四脚着地
[22:40] Oh, my God. 天啊
[22:41] It’s in the house. 它在房子里
[22:44] Henry, what’s that noise? 亨利 那是什么声音
[22:46] It-it’s the animal, it’s the thing. 是那个动物 那个东西
[22:49] Tell me the cops are coming. 告诉我警察快来了
[22:50] Henry, be quiet. 亨利 别出声
[22:51] It’s in the damn house. 他妈的就在房子里
[22:59] It’s breaking down the door. 它要破门而入了
[23:05] Henry, I think I might know what’s attacking you. 亨利 我想我知道袭击你的是什么了
[23:07] I need you to go outside, go to your swimming pool. 赶紧出去 去你的游泳池
[23:09] Keep the swimming pool between you and it. 去游泳池对面
[23:12] But… 可…
[23:13] The swimming pool. Now, Henry! 去游泳池 赶紧 亨利
[23:15] Police are on their way. 警察在路上了
[23:22] We’re consultants with the NYPD. 我们是纽约警察局的顾问
[23:24] Captain Gregson called about us. 格雷森警监叫我们来的
[23:25] I have no idea what it is. 我完全不知道这是什么
[23:26] I’ve never seen anything like it before. 我以前从没见过这样的东西
[23:28] Excuse me. 打扰了
[23:29] Hey. Are you okay? 你没事吧
[23:30] Yes, thanks to your partner. 没事 多亏你的搭档
[23:32] You said to keep the pool between me and it. 你说让我去游泳池对面
[23:34] How did you know it would try to run across the tarp? 你怎么知道它会试图从防水布上跑过去
[23:40] Only slightly less outrageous 只比发光的猛犬
[23:42] than a glowing mastiff, wouldn’t you agree? 略逊一点 你觉得呢
[23:56] Just when you think you’ve seen everything. 我还以为这世上没有我没见过的东西了呢
[23:59] You said it was based on one of the patents 你说这是基于查尔斯·巴斯克维尔
[24:01] Charles Baskerville looted? 掠夺的一项专利
[24:03] Several, actually. 事实上 是好几项专利
[24:05] From multiple sources. 有多处来源
[24:06] That’s one of the reasons I wasn’t able 所以我之前没能
[24:07] to work out its true nature sooner. 尽快搞清它的本质
[24:10] Yeah, about that. 说到这个
[24:11] The distinctive growl I heard over the phone, 我在电话那端听到的独特的咆哮
[24:13] that was the first clue, 那是第一条线索
[24:14] and that comes from these high-efficiency hybrid engines 那是由德文希尔机器人公司研制的
[24:18] developed by Devonshire Robotics. 高效混合动力引擎
[24:21] The vague dog-like appearance is 貌似狗的模糊外形
[24:22] due to this reinforced frame– 是因为有这个加固支架
[24:23] that was patented by a different company. 这是另一家公司的专利
[24:25] A third company developed these terrain-adaptive legs. 第三家公司研发了这些适应地形的腿
[24:28] So on, so forth. 如此等等
[24:30] Charles only held on 查尔斯自己只持有
[24:31] to biotech and genetic engineering patents for himself. 生物科技和基因工程的专利
[24:34] The rest he sold off. 他把其他的卖了
[24:35] So someone bought his stolen patents 所以有人买了他偷的专利
[24:38] and made a Terminator. 然后造出了一个终结者
[24:40] Sherlock shared what we know 夏洛克和一个
[24:41] with a friend who works in 自动化和人工智能业的朋友
[24:42] automation and artificial intelligence. 分享了我们知道的信息
[24:45] She confirmed that it employs 她证实了它运用的是
[24:46] fire-and-forget targeting, like a missile. 针对目标即发即弃的功能 跟导弹一样
[24:48] An operator pilots it until it acquires 有人操控它
[24:51] a visual lock on its target, 直到它锁定目标
[24:53] at which point it can be ordered to eliminate that target 然后就可以直接除掉那个目标
[24:56] without any further input. 而无需进一步命令
[24:57] That’s why it fell into the covered pool. 所以它才掉入了被盖着的泳池
[24:59] It was target-fixated on Henry. 它被设定的目标是亨利
[25:01] It charged at him full-speed, 它全速冲向他
[25:03] didn’t realize the tarp wasn’t solid ground. 没有发现防水布下是空的
[25:05] I don’t see any guns. 我没看到任何武器
[25:07] How did it expect to kill him once it caught him? 这东西抓住他后怎么杀人
[25:10] It tore through a solid oak door with its front legs. 它的前腿撕裂了实心橡木门
[25:13] It was gonna stomp him to death? 它要踩死他吗
[25:15] Do we know whose idea it was 知道是谁的主意
[25:17] to build this thing? 建造这个东西吗
[25:19] We can guess who paid for it, right? 我们能猜到谁资助的 不是吗
[25:20] The military, same as with those genetically-engineered war dogs? 军方 就像基因改造过的战争狗一样
[25:24] Unfortunately, they haven’t returned our calls. 遗憾的是 他们并没有回电话
[25:26] As far as the actual manufacturer, 至于实际制造商
[25:28] we’ve got calls into Devonshire Robotics 我们已经打电话给了德文希尔机器人公司
[25:30] and the other plundered firms. 以及其他被偷的公司
[25:32] And hopefully one of them will be able to tell us 希望其中有人可以告诉我们
[25:34] who acquired their patents. 谁得到了他们的专利
[25:38] Welcome to Stapleton Innovations. 欢迎来到斯泰普顿创新公司
[25:41] I’m Rodger Stapleton. 我是罗杰·斯泰普顿
[25:42] Yeah, Detective Bell. 我是贝尔警探
[25:44] This is Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson. 这是夏洛克·福尔摩斯和乔恩·华生
[25:45] They consult for the department. 他们是警局的顾问
[25:47] Like to ask you a few questions about this. 希望能询问你几个关于这东西的问题
[25:53] Where’d you find it? 你们在哪里发现它的
[25:54] At the home of the man it tried to maul last night. 在它昨晚试图袭击的人家里
[25:56] We were hoping you could explain how it got there. 我们希望你能解释它怎么出现在那里的
[26:05] We shot this a few months ago. 这是我们几个月前拍的
[26:07] I think it’ll help explain a few things about the Gus machine. 我想这有助于解释格斯机器人的事
[26:11] You named your killer robot Gus? 你把你的杀人机器命名为格斯
[26:13] Oh, it wasn’t designed to kill. 它被设计出来的本意并不是杀人
[26:15] It’s supposed to carry gear for the infantry, like a pack mule. 它本应为步兵团携带装备 像驼骡一样
[26:19] And yet we’re investigating two different attacks by your mule, 但我们却在调查两起你的骡子实施的袭击
[26:22] one of them fatal. 其中一起还是致命的
[26:23] Someone obviously used 显然有人利用了
[26:25] one of the Guses in a way that was off-spec. 众多格斯中不合格的一只
[26:27] “One of the Guses”? 众多格斯中的一只
[26:29] We’ve built a total of ten Gus robots. 我们一共制造了十只格斯机器人
[26:32] The one used in the attacks has to be Gus Five. 被用作袭击的应该是格斯五号
[26:35] And how can you be certain? 你怎么能确定
[26:37] Because Gus Five is… was missing. 因为格斯五号失踪了
[26:40] About six weeks ago, we shipped Gus Five 六周前我们运送格斯五号
[26:43] to the Army Research Lab’s proving grounds in Maryland. 到陆军研究实验室位于马里兰的试验基地
[26:46] They said he never arrived. 对方说它没有送到
[26:48] Did you call the police? 你们报警了吗
[26:50] The ARL ordered us not to. 陆军研究实验室命令我们不准报警
[26:52] The entire project is classified. 整个研究项目是高度机密
[26:54] They assigned the case 他们把案件上报给了
[26:55] to the Defense Criminal Investigation Service. 国防刑事调查机构
[26:58] Some agents came and conducted interviews, 有几个探员来问过一些情况
[27:00] but that was the last we heard from them. 然后就没有消息了
[27:02] And you’re sure it was stolen in transit? 你们确定是在运输途中被偷的吗
[27:04] Well, we haven’t ruled anything out. 目前我们还没有排除任何可能性
[27:06] Could have been taken by someone here. 可能被公司里的人偷走了
[27:08] It also could have been someone at the shipping company 也可能被运输公司的人
[27:10] or the testing facility. 或者试验机构的人偷走了
[27:12] Or maybe it wasn’t an inside job at all. 也有可能根本不是内部作案
[27:14] Can you think of anyone in Stapleton Innovations 你能想到斯泰普顿创新公司里有人
[27:16] who might have motive to kill Charles and Henry Baskerville? 有杀害查尔斯和亨利的动机吗
[27:21] Actually, I can. 事实上 还真有
[27:24] Me. 就是我
[27:26] Did Henry tell you about the Baskerville trust? 亨利告诉过你巴斯克维尔信托金吗
[27:30] He did not. 没有
[27:32] You know each other? 你们认识吗
[27:35] The trust is where Charles got most of his money, 查尔斯的大部分财产都是从信托中得到的
[27:38] from the estate of Hugo Baskerville, 也就是雨果·巴斯克维尔的地产
[27:40] the rail baron. 那个铁路男爵
[27:42] It passes, 它会原封不动地
[27:42] intact, to the oldest surviving heir. 传给活着的继承人中年龄最大的
[27:45] That was Charles, now it’s Henry. 之前是查尔斯 现在则是亨利
[27:49] I’m their cousin. 我是他们的表弟
[27:51] So you’re next in line. 所以你是下一个
[27:52] Next and last, as far as anyone knows. 下一个 也是目前所知的最后一个
[27:57] But I loved Charles, same goes for Henry. 但我很爱查尔斯和亨利
[28:00] I wouldn’t hurt them, not for anything. 我不会为了任何事伤害他们
[28:02] Can you tell us where you were last night and Sunday evening? 你能告诉我们昨天和周日晚上你在哪里吗
[28:06] Montana. 蒙大拿
[28:07] I got back this morning. 我今天早上才回来
[28:08] Charles’s funeral is tomorrow. 明天是查尔斯的葬礼
[28:11] I go on a grouse hunting trip every year with my friends. 我每年都和朋友一起参加松鸡狩猎旅行
[28:14] They’ll tell you, I was there the whole week. 他们会告诉你 我一整周都待在那里
[28:16] The Baskerville trust seems like a strong motive for murder. 巴斯克维尔信托是谋杀的一个强大动机
[28:19] Yeah, but Stapleton’s alibi seemed pretty solid, 不过斯泰普顿的不在场证明貌似很可靠
[28:22] unless you think he could’ve remote-controlled 除非你认为他能从蒙大拿
[28:23] Gus Five from Montana. 远程操控格斯五号
[28:25] Anything’s possible. 任何事都有可能
[28:26] Well, maybe we should look at the Army Research Lab. 或许我们应该调查陆军研究实验室
[28:28] Could be someone there up to no good. 有可能是那里的人图谋不轨
[28:30] I don’t think we’ll have to go that far afield. 我觉得我们不需要去那么远
[28:36] It’s a nice smoking area. 这个吸烟区不错
[28:37] You want to tell us what you’re looking for? 你要告诉我们你在找什么吗
[28:40] Looking for someone. 找一个人
[28:41] The individual who smokes this brand of cigarette. 吸这个牌子的香烟的人
[28:44] Who? 是谁
[28:45] You didn’t smell it on him during the meeting? 开会的时候你没在他身上闻到吗
[28:49] Mr. Barrymore. 巴里摩尔先生
[28:50] So nice of you to join us. 欢迎加入我们
[28:52] Your arrival in this area was inevitable 在紧张的会议之后
[28:54] after such a stressful meeting. 你必然会来这里
[28:56] Uh, something wrong? 有什么问题吗
[28:57] Well, it was clear that you were hiding something from us. 很明显你对我们有所隐瞒
[29:00] Specifically, you seemed uncomfortable 具体来说 你老板提供不在场证明时
[29:02] when your boss was providing his alibi. 你似乎有些不自然
[29:04] So I’d like to know why. 我想知道为什么
[29:06] You withhold information on a murder case, Mr. Barrymore, 你隐瞒了一些关于谋杀案的信息 先生
[29:09] that’s felony obstruction. 这可是严重妨碍司法
[29:12] Look, Rodger was lying through his teeth, all right? 罗杰完全是在说谎 好吗
[29:14] He wasn’t in Montana. 他根本不在蒙大拿
[29:16] How do you know? 你怎么知道的
[29:17] It’s an open secret at the company 公司里的人都知道
[29:19] that his hunting trips are BS. 他所谓的狩猎旅行都是幌子
[29:20] He lies to his wife about them, and we all have to cover. 他欺骗他的妻子 而我们都要帮忙打掩护
[29:24] Is there a mistress? 他有情妇吗
[29:26] More like a series of professional arrangements. 更像是一系列专职人员
[29:29] He goes whoring. 他嫖妓
[29:31] I ran into him at a strip club in Manhattan once 我在曼哈顿的一家脱衣舞俱乐部撞见过他
[29:33] when he was supposed to be hunting elk in Colorado. 而他本该在科罗拉多州捕猎麋鹿的
[29:35] He was with this girl, really expensive-looking. 当时跟他一起的那个姑娘 看起来非常贵
[29:38] He invited me to sit with him. We had drinks. 他邀请我跟他一起坐 我们喝了几杯
[29:40] I even walked him back to his hotel. 我还送他回了酒店
[29:42] Do you remember where this was in Manhattan? 你还记得是在曼哈顿什么地方吗
[29:45] It’s some fancy place. 是个很华丽的地方
[29:47] Uh, the Undershaw? 好像是安德肖
[29:49] That’s less than a mile from where Charles Baskerville died. 那里离查尔斯被害的地方不到一英里
[30:03] If you’re here for another match… 你要是想再下一局…
[30:05] I’m not. 不是
[30:08] No new homicide victims since yesterday, 昨天到现在没有新的凶案被害人
[30:10] so you’re not here for a body. 所以你不是来找尸体的
[30:13] No, I’m here for you. 对 我是来找你的
[30:16] Look… 听着
[30:18] I told you yesterday… 我昨天跟你说了
[30:19] You’re not fine, Eugene. 你并不好 尤金
[30:21] I know. 我知道的
[30:23] And I know ’cause I’ve been where you are. 因为我跟你有过类似的经历
[30:26] -I’m an addict now? -No. -我还吸毒了 -不
[30:32] See, there was this woman, once upon a time, right? 曾经有一个女人 好吧
[30:36] And to me, uh… 对我来说…
[30:39] to me, she was the woman, you know? 她就是命中注定的那个 你明白吗
[30:42] And she died. 后来她死了
[30:45] Well, I thought she did. 我以为她死了
[30:50] And I lost myself. 我迷失了自我
[30:54] Yeah, the pain was, um… 没错 那种伤痛非常…
[30:57] it was very intense, so I began to self-medicate, 非常剧烈 于是我开始给自己用药
[31:01] and then my work began to suffer, 然后我的工作也开始受到影响
[31:02] and I-I made these small mistakes. 我开始犯各种小错
[31:04] Small errors at first, and then much larger ones. 一开始是小错 后来逐渐变成大错
[31:09] And eventually my own ineptitude was so apparent that… 最终 我的不称职已经明显到了
[31:12] I couldn’t deny it. 我无法否认的程度
[31:15] And my self-esteem shattered. 我的自尊彻底没了
[31:17] And then I just, I fell into this spiral of… 于是我掉进了漩涡
[31:21] self-pity, addiction and-and despair. 自怨自艾 吸毒成瘾 万念俱灰
[31:24] I… I don’t know 我不知道
[31:26] whether you’re an addict or not. 你是否吸毒
[31:27] Uh, I don’t think you are. 我觉得你没有
[31:30] But you’re not well. 但你肯定不好
[31:35] I’m hurting. 我很受伤
[31:38] But I’ll manage. 但我能挺过来
[31:40] I am managing. 我正在努力挺过来
[31:44] You just… 你…
[31:46] You’re standing on a precipice… 你正站在悬崖边
[31:49] and I cannot watch you tumble over it, mate. 我不能眼看着你摔下去 伙计
[31:55] I refuse to. 我不会袖手旁观的
[31:59] All right? 好吗
[32:06] Your signature on room service receipts. 你在客房服务清单上的签名
[32:09] Testimony from hotel staff confirming you were a guest. 酒店员工的证词证明你曾是那里的客人
[32:13] And final receipt charged to Stapleton Innovations. 这是记在斯泰普顿公司账上的最终账单
[32:16] You already admitted you had motive to kill the Baskervilles. 你已经承认你有动机杀害巴斯克维尔了
[32:20] To top it off, the department’s computer experts confirmed 此外 部门的计算机专家确认
[32:23] that your activation codes 你的激活码
[32:24] were used to trigger the Gus robot 曾激活过格斯机器人
[32:26] when it attacked Charles and Henry. 就在查尔斯和亨利遇袭时
[32:28] It’s not looking good for you, Mr. Stapleton. 这对你来说可不妙 斯泰普顿先生
[32:31] You might think about cutting a deal with the D.A. 你最好考虑下跟地检达成协议吧
[32:35] I didn’t do it. 不是我干的
[32:36] That’s not what the evidence says. 证据显示可不是这样
[32:37] The evidence is wrong. 证据错了
[32:39] I already told you. 我已经说过了
[32:40] I loved Charles. I love Henry. 我爱查尔斯 我也爱亨利
[32:44] And my activation codes aren’t much of a secret. 我的激活码也不是什么秘密
[32:46] I use them in front of my employees all the time. 我经常当着我员工的面使用
[32:48] And, yes, I may not have been in Montana, 对 我也许没去蒙大拿
[32:51] but I wasn’t alone either. 可我也并非独自一人
[32:53] I was with a friend at the time of Charles’s death. 查尔斯死时 我跟一个朋友在一起
[32:56] I was with another friend on the night that Henry was attacked. 亨利遇袭时我跟另一个朋友在一起
[33:02] I’m happy to have them confirm my story. 我很乐意请她们来证实我的说法
[33:05] I’m guessing when you say “Friend,” 我想你说的”朋友”
[33:07] you mean prostitute. 指的是妓女吧
[33:08] If you paid them for their company, 要是你付了钱
[33:10] they’re not gonna be the most credible witnesses. 她们可不会是最可靠的证人
[33:13] You want proof that I didn’t try to kill my cousins 你想证明我没有为了继承巴斯克维尔信托金
[33:16] to inherit the Baskerville trust? 而试图谋杀我表亲是吧
[33:18] Fine. I have a perfect way to do that. 行 我有个好方法
[33:22] We’re listening. 我们听着呢
[33:24] I’ll punch him in the face. 我会狠揍他的脸
[33:26] -Or you. -Rodger… -或者打你 -罗杰
[33:27] No. Either way, it’s assault on a police officer– a felony. 不 不管打谁 这是袭警 是重罪
[33:31] Four witnesses– there’s no way I dodge a conviction. 有四名证人 我不可能不被定罪
[33:34] And it would prove you’re innocence how? 这怎么能证明你是无辜的
[33:38] The terms of Hugo Baskerville’s will are very clear. 雨果·巴斯克维尔遗嘱的条款非常清楚
[33:41] No one guilty of a felony can inherit the trust. 有任何重罪都不得继承信托金
[33:45] I’m convicted of assault, I’ll be disinherited. 我要是袭了警 就没有继承权了
[33:50] So how ’bout it? 这样如何
[33:57] Hold on to your hat. 坐稳了
[33:59] Rodger Stapleton’s friends backed up his alibi. 罗杰·斯泰普顿的朋友证实了他不在现场
[34:03] And were they both ladies of the night? 她们都是风尘女郎吗
[34:05] Yes. 对
[34:05] Stapleton was paying for their services the two nights in question. 斯泰普顿那两晚都买了她们的服务
[34:10] It’s hard to imagine he’s not paying them again now. 他现在多半又在给她们钱吧
[34:13] You seem determined to keep him as a suspect. 你好像铁了心要把他列为嫌疑人
[34:16] It was hard to buy anything he was selling today. 他今天说的一切都很难让人相信
[34:18] Even that offer to plead guilty to a felony. 就算他主动提出要被判重罪
[34:21] Maybe he thought it was worth sacrificing his inheritance 也许他觉得牺牲继承权来逃避谋杀罪
[34:23] to avoid a murder conviction. 还是很值得的
[34:25] It’s possible. 有可能
[34:26] But if the evidence is telling us a different story, 但如果证据说的是另一回事
[34:28] perhaps we should listen. 也许我们该相信证据
[34:30] You have a better suspect in the Baskerville family tree? 巴斯克维尔家族里 你有更好的嫌疑人吗
[34:32] Hypothetically, thousands. And none. 假想的话有数千个 实际一个都没有
[34:36] Even if we’re wrong about the murderer, 就算我们想错了凶手
[34:38] we could be right about the motive. 在动机方面我们仍可能是对的
[34:41] Killing Henry and Charles 杀害亨利和查尔斯
[34:42] and framing Rodger with one of his robots 并用罗杰的机器人来陷害他
[34:43] clears the way for another claimant to the trust. 能帮信托的另一个排队者扫清障碍
[34:46] Okay, so who’s next in line? 好吧 下一个继承人是谁
[34:49] At first glance, no one. 乍看之下 没人了
[34:52] It appears the Baskerville men, 看起来巴斯克维尔家的男人
[34:53] apart from Hugo himself, struggle with infertility. 包括雨果在内 都有不育症
[34:57] Henry and Charles have no children. 亨利和查尔斯没有子嗣
[34:59] Rodger Stapleton has no legitimate offspring. 罗杰·斯泰普顿没有合法子女
[35:01] And as far as I can tell, no by-blows from his wenching. 据我目前来看 他在外嫖妓也没有私生子
[35:04] There’s also been a fair share of bad luck. 他们家族的人运气也不太好
[35:07] Henry and Charles’s sister Clara died of cancer in her teens. 亨利和查尔斯的妹妹克拉拉十多岁就死于了癌症
[35:10] Their first cousin was killed in Afghanistan, 他们的大表弟在阿富汗遇难了
[35:13] and Rodger’s older brother Ike 罗杰的兄长艾克
[35:14] died in a car crash in Australia. 在澳大利亚死于一场车祸
[35:16] So after Charles’s death, 所以查尔斯死后
[35:18] the only living heirs are Rodger and Henry. 活着的继承者就只剩罗杰和亨利了
[35:20] The only known living heirs. 这只是我们知道的活着的继承者
[35:23] I reviewed Hugo Baskerville’s will. 我又看了雨果·巴斯克维尔的遗嘱
[35:25] For a man of his time, 作为他那个时代的人
[35:26] he was remarkably enlightened about bastards. 他对私生子的态度可是非常开放的
[35:28] He allowed that a lovechild could inherit, 他允许私生子来继承
[35:30] provided there were no legitimate heirs remaining. 这证明没有合法继续人了
[35:33] So while the many branches of this tree might appear barren, 虽然这棵家族树的多个分枝都无法生育
[35:38] who’s to say that some unknown cross-pollination 可谁又能说某些异体授粉的枝桠上
[35:40] has not borne fruit? 就没结出果实呢
[35:42] If that’s true, 如果真是这样
[35:43] all we have to do is look through… 我们要做的就是彻查…
[35:47] 120 years of birth records to find a new suspect. 120年间的出生记录 好找到新的嫌疑人
[35:50] We could spend the next few months doing genealogical research, 我们可以花上几个月来研究家谱
[35:53] but I think there might be a more expeditious way 但我觉得可能有更快捷的方式
[35:55] to identify the murderous Baskerville heir. 找出这个凶残的巴斯克维尔继承人
[36:02] I don’t know. 我不知道
[36:02] I suppose there could be another heir, 可能还有别的继承人吧
[36:04] but he or she could’ve been born anywhere in the world, 但他或她可能出生在这世上的任何地方
[36:07] at any time in the last century 在这个世纪的任何时间
[36:09] to any one of several dozen people. 可能是好几打人中的任意一个
[36:11] True, but I believe there’s a way to find our needle 对 但我相信有办法
[36:14] without searching a world full of haystacks. 不用搜遍整片大海就能找到我们的针
[36:18] All you need to do is murder your cousin, Rodger Stapleton. 你要做的就是杀了你的表弟 罗杰·斯泰普顿
[36:46] It’s, like, 100 degrees in here. 这里得有100度吧
[36:48] It’s precisely 95 degrees. 准确地说是95度
[36:51] Ideal for yoga and tortoises. 对瑜伽和乌龟来说都是理想温度
[36:54] I thought it best not to overtax the furnace. 我想着最好别让火炉负担太重
[36:57] Yeah, well, as long as you don’t set all those papers on fire. 只要你不把那些纸都点着了就行
[36:59] Reexamining the evidence 重新检查证据
[37:01] will not help events progress any faster. 也无法加快事情的进展
[37:04] So no news. 所以就是没新消息
[37:06] Nothing as of yet. 暂时没有
[37:09] You know, it’s been five days since Henry killed Rodger. 亨利杀了罗杰已经五天了
[37:13] I’m well aware, thank you. 我很清楚 谢谢提醒
[37:15] What about Hawes? Have you heard from him? 霍伊斯呢 有他的消息吗
[37:21] Finally. 终于来了
[37:23] It appears our endgame has begun. 看来咱们要进入尾声了
[37:25] My Australian birth certificate, 我的澳洲出生证明
[37:29] listing my father as Ike Stapleton. 登记着我的父亲是艾克·斯泰普顿
[37:33] You’ll forgive my skepticism, 抱歉我有点多疑
[37:35] but no one in the family has had any contact with Ike Stapleton 可自从他1972年离开了美国
[37:38] since he left the U.S. In 1972. 这家族里就没人跟他联系过
[37:41] He died when I was five. Car crash. 我五岁的时候他就去世了 车祸
[37:45] My mom says he was a bit of a hippie. 我母亲说他有点像嬉皮士
[37:48] They weren’t together long, but she says I have his chin. 他们在一起并没多久 但她说我下巴很像他
[37:51] I don’t hear an Australian accent. 我没听出你有澳洲口音
[37:53] I lost it. 我已经丢掉乡音了
[37:54] Years ago, when I moved to L.A. for college. 很多年前 我去洛杉矶上大学的时候
[37:59] Look, I know I don’t look much like a Baskerville, 我知道我长得不太像巴斯克维尔家的人
[38:02] and I know I kind of just came out of nowhere, 我也知道我像是凭空冒出来的
[38:05] but I’m happy to take a DNA test if you’d like. 可我很乐意接受DNA鉴定
[38:09] Did Rodger know that you were his niece when he hired you? 罗杰雇你的时候知道你是他侄女吗
[38:13] Of course. 当然
[38:16] If you won’t take my word for it… 要是你不肯信我
[38:20] take his. 那就信他
[38:25] This is… e-mail correspondence between you and Mr. Stapleton? 这是你和斯泰普顿先生之间的邮件往来
[38:28] Uncle Rodger tracked me down when I was in college. 我上大学的时候罗杰叔叔找到了我
[38:31] We exchanged the occasional e-mail over the years, 多年来 我们时不时会互通邮件
[38:34] and when I got my masters in robotics, 后来我拿到了机器人学的硕士学位
[38:35] he offered me a job. 他就给了我一份工作
[38:37] He never mentioned any of this to me. 他从没跟我提起过这些
[38:39] Or to the Baskervilles. 也没跟巴斯克维尔家的人提过
[38:40] And he never mentioned the Baskervilles to me. 他也没跟我提过巴斯克维尔家的人
[38:43] Not once. 一次都没有
[38:44] I only found out about the trust last week 我也是因为上周警察来找了我
[38:46] when the police came to see him. 才知道了信托金的事
[38:48] You know, all this time, 知道吗 一直以来
[38:49] I thought he tracked me down 我以为他找我
[38:51] to make up for the way he treated my father, 是为了弥补当年对我父亲的不周
[38:53] but now I wonder if he was setting me up. 但我现在怀疑他是为了陷害我
[38:57] Setting you up? 陷害你
[38:59] I would have made a good patsy 他杀了他的表兄
[39:00] for when he killed his cousins, don’t you think? 我会是个理想的替罪羊 不是吗
[39:05] What was that? 什么声音
[39:06] I have some guests. 我有几位客人
[39:12] Good show, Miss Lyons. 很棒的表演 莱昂斯小姐
[39:14] Quite clever of you to posit that Rodger wanted to frame you, 你很聪明 说罗杰想陷害你
[39:17] when in fact, you framed Rodger. 而实际上 是你陷害了罗杰
[39:21] Oh, that’s right. 没错
[39:21] You thought he was dead, didn’t you? 你以为他死了 对吗
[39:22] Murdered by Henry here. 被亨利杀死的
[39:24] Conveniently making you the heir to the Baskerville trust. 自然就让你成了巴斯克维尔信托金的继承人
[39:28] Well, it was in all the papers. 所有报纸上都是这么写的
[39:30] But you of all people should know 但你最应该明白
[39:31] not to believe everything you read. 不要相信读到的任何信息
[39:33] The e-mails she just handed over were forgeries, right? 她刚提供的邮件是伪造的 对吧
[39:36] I sure as hell didn’t write them. 我绝对没写过那些
[39:40] You tricked me. 你们给我下了套
[39:41] We created a vacuum, and the heir rushed in. 我们设了个陷阱 继承人就自己闯进来了
[39:43] Or more specifically, the heiress. 或者更准确地说 是女继承人
[39:46] We recorded your meeting with Miss Chambers. 我们记录了你跟钱伯斯小姐的会面
[39:49] It doesn’t prove that you sent Gus Five 并不能证明你派了格斯五号
[39:50] after the Baskerville brothers, 去追踪巴斯克维尔兄弟
[39:51] but it should be enough 但应该足够
[39:53] for police to get a warrant to search your home and car. 让警方申请搜查令去查你的家和车了
[39:55] Your plan was elaborate and quite some time in the making, 你的计划很详尽 而且酝酿了很长时间
[39:58] so it’s hard to believe there isn’t some evidence to be found. 很难相信一点证据都找不到
[40:03] It’s true, 是真的
[40:04] she does have your brother’s chin. 她的下巴的确很像你哥哥
[40:30] Eugene. Come in. 尤金 请进
[40:38] I, um… 我…
[40:40] came by to give you these. 我来给你这些
[40:46] Files on your fellow M.Es? 你的法医同事的档案
[40:48] The three most likely to put up with your, uh, visits. 三个最有可能容忍你拜访的人
[40:52] Pick one, and I will warn the unlucky winner what to expect. 挑一个吧 我会提醒这倒霉蛋做好准备的
[40:57] So you’re going somewhere. 你要离开吗
[41:00] You were right. 你是对的
[41:02] As usual. 一如既往
[41:03] I’ve been struggling. 我在挣扎
[41:05] I told the M.E. what’s been going on, 我跟法医的头说了大致情况
[41:07] and, uh, we decided it might be best for me to take medical leave 我们都觉得我最好先休一阵子病假
[41:10] till I can get my head straight. 直到我能整理好情绪
[41:12] Until then, call me the P.T.S.D.M.E. 在那之前 叫我应激障碍法医吧
[41:17] Well, you’ll be back. 你会回来的
[41:18] Maybe a month or two. 也许一两个月
[41:21] Maybe never. 也许永远不会了
[41:23] I get, uh, offers all the time to run my own morgue. 我一直接到邀请让我掌管自己的验尸所
[41:26] Smaller cities, mostly. 大部分是小城市
[41:28] Portsmouth, Tucson, 朴茨茅斯 图森
[41:30] Boise. 博伊西
[41:31] More pay, less stress. 挣得更多 压力更小
[41:34] Fewer memories. 回忆也更少
[41:37] Well, any one of them’s going to be lucky to have you. 你去任意一家都是他们的幸运
[41:41] I’m just thinking it over so far. 我目前还在考虑
[41:44] I’ll keep you posted. 有进展再告诉你
[41:46] But, in case I decide to move on… 不过 以防我决定开始新生活
[41:50] …thank you. 先谢谢你
[41:52] For bullying some sense into me. 谢谢你强行让我恢复了一些理智
[41:56] What are bullies for? 不就为了这个吗
基本演绎法

Post navigation

Previous Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第15集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第18集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme