时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[00:07] | Shut the door, would you? | 关上门 好吗 |
[00:12] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[00:16] | My sister is a big reader. | 我妹妹很喜欢读书 |
[00:18] | She’s always got a book in her hands. | 她手里总是会拿本书 |
[00:20] | Most of it’s crap– the kind of books, you know, | 大多时候都是垃圾 就是那种 |
[00:22] | you buy at the airport and leave on the plane. | 你在机场买了然后丢在飞机上那种 |
[00:24] | Anyway… for the last couple of months, | 总之 最近几个月里 |
[00:26] | she has been hounding me to read this. | 她一直缠着让我读这本书 |
[00:30] | The Heart Bled Blue. | 《蓝血之心》 |
[00:31] | You ever heard of it? | 你听说过吗 |
[00:32] | No. | 没有 |
[00:33] | Does the author’s name ring a bell? | 作者这名字有印象吗 |
[00:36] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[00:38] | Because it’s about two detectives. | 因为这书写的是两名侦探 |
[00:40] | One is a beautiful Chinese-American woman. | 一名是美丽的美籍华人女子 |
[00:43] | The other, her partner, is a guy from London. | 另一名 她的搭档 是个伦敦来的人 |
[00:46] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[00:48] | They live together. | 他们住在一起 |
[00:49] | They consult for the NYPD. | 他们给纽约警署当顾问 |
[00:51] | Their names aren’t Holmes and Watson, | 他们的名字不是福尔摩斯和华生 |
[00:53] | but still. | 但也很明显了 |
[00:55] | You may not know Grover Ogden, | 你也许不认识格罗佛·欧格登 |
[00:57] | but he seems to know a lot about you. | 但他好像很了解你 |
[01:16] | I’m not paying your guys to sit around, Vince. | 我付钱不是让你们来闲坐着的 文森 |
[01:18] | What’s the holdup? | 为什么停工了 |
[01:20] | Couldn’t get the chipper going when we got here. | 我们来的时候碎木机就没法用 |
[01:21] | I think it’s jammed. | 我想是卡住了 |
[01:23] | It was fine yesterday. | 昨天还能用的 |
[01:25] | Repair guy’s on his way. | 修理工在路上了 |
[01:27] | How long are we talking? | 我们要等多久 |
[01:29] | Hour? | 一小时 |
[01:30] | Maybe two? | 也许俩小时 |
[01:31] | I got ten more plots to clear | 我还要清理十块地皮 |
[01:32] | before I can stop pouring foundations. | 才能完成地基的浇注 |
[01:35] | Where’s the jam? | 是哪里卡住了 |
[01:36] | Probably somewhere between the drum and the cutter knives. | 估计是在桶和切割刀之间的某个地方 |
[01:48] | I got it! | 我摸到了 |
[01:50] | Start it up. | 开动吧 |
[01:55] | Shut it down! | 关掉 |
[01:56] | Right now! | 快关掉 |
[01:57] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[01:57] | Look. | 你看 |
[02:17] | Believe it or not, this used to be an FBI agent. | 信不信由你 这可曾经是个联调局探员 |
[02:19] | Or, at least, that’s what the badge says. | 起码警徽上是这么说的 |
[02:22] | Lab is running the DNA to make sure. | 实验室正在化验DNA进行确认 |
[02:25] | Special Agent Robert Underhill, retired. | 探员罗伯特·安德希尔 已退休 |
[02:28] | His car was found about 200 yards from the scene. | 他的车在犯罪现场二百码外被找到了 |
[02:31] | I reached out to the Bureau’s New York office; | 我联络了联调局的纽约办公室 |
[02:32] | they’re standing by to help, but… | 他们可以随时提供帮助 但是 |
[02:34] | since Underhill was officially a civilian, | 由于安德希尔严格来说是平民 |
[02:37] | it’s our case. | 这是我们的案子了 |
[02:39] | No Joan today? | 今天没带乔恩吗 |
[02:41] | She’s going to join us later. | 她晚点会加入我们 |
[02:43] | So what else do we know about Special Agent Underhill? | 那么关于安德希尔探员我们还知道些什么 |
[02:45] | An exemplary 34-year career, | 规矩的三十四年职业生涯 |
[02:48] | well-liked by his colleagues. | 很受同事喜欢 |
[02:49] | He and his wife Sheila moved to Kauai, 2012. | 他和他的妻子茜拉2012年搬到了考艾岛 |
[02:53] | They moved back to New York about seven months ago. | 大约七个月前搬回了纽约 |
[02:55] | Well, assuming this is Special Agent Underhill, | 假设这就是安德希尔探员 |
[02:58] | he would’ve been dead before he went into the wood chipper. | 他可能在被送进碎木机之前就死了 |
[03:01] | The killer would’ve had to dismember him | 凶手需要将他肢解后 |
[03:02] | in order to get him through the infeed chute. | 才能把他放入进料槽 |
[03:04] | Right, so CSU examined all the chain saws | 是的 犯罪现场调查小组检查了 |
[03:06] | that were used at the site, | 场地里用过的所有电锯 |
[03:07] | and found one with some blood between the teeth. | 找到了一把锯齿上有些血迹的 |
[03:10] | They think someone used it and then cleaned it last night. | 他们认为昨晚有人用后清洗过了 |
[03:13] | Oleoresin capsicum. | 辣椒精油 |
[03:14] | More commonly known as… pepper spray. | 更被人熟知的名字是 防狼喷雾 |
[03:17] | We should alert the M.E. That this bag | 我们应该告诉验尸员 这袋子里 |
[03:19] | contains at least part of the face. | 至少装有一部分的脸 |
[03:22] | I’m sure he’ll appreciate that. | 他肯定会很感激的 |
[03:23] | So the bootprint found next to his car | 在他车旁发现的鞋印 |
[03:26] | suggests he drove there himself. | 说明他是一个人来的 |
[03:28] | Pepper spray, it’s a close-range weapon. | 防狼喷雾 是近身武器 |
[03:30] | Whoever deployed it would have had to have been close to him. | 不管是谁用 都必须离他很近 |
[03:33] | You think he was invited to the scene, knew his attacker. | 你认为他是受邀去的 认识袭击他的人吗 |
[03:37] | The agent was a large man– at least 220 pounds. | 这探员体型挺大的 最少有220磅 |
[03:39] | So if I was going to turn him into pulp, | 所以我要是想把他碾成浆糊 |
[03:41] | I’d want him as close to that wood chipper as possible. | 我肯定会想让他离那碎木机越近越好 |
[03:44] | You said his wife’s name was Sheila? | 你说她的妻子叫茜拉 |
[03:47] | We should talk to her, | 我们应该和她谈谈 |
[03:48] | see if she knows her way around a chain saw. | 看看她知不知道怎么用电锯 |
[03:51] | What makes you think she did this? | 你为什么觉得是她干的 |
[03:53] | Well, his personal effects are here. | 他的私人物品都在 |
[03:54] | I see the remains of a wallet, watch… | 我看到了钱包的残骸 手表 |
[03:57] | there’s no wedding ring. | 但没有结婚戒指 |
[03:59] | And this bag, amongst the skin and bones, | 而这包里 在皮肤与骨头之中 |
[04:02] | has flecks of latex and foil. | 有细小的乳胶和箔纸 |
[04:05] | Looks like he was carrying | 看来他身上 |
[04:06] | at least one wrapped condom with him. | 带着至少一只没拆的避孕套 |
[04:09] | So he may not have been ready for a fight, but… | 所以他也许没准备打架 但… |
[04:12] | he was ready for fun. | 他准备找点乐子 |
[04:15] | Bob wasn’t cheating on me. | 鲍勃没有外遇 |
[04:17] | At least, not with another woman. | 至少不是跟另一个女人 |
[04:20] | The only affair he ever had was with his job. | 他唯一的外遇就是他的工作 |
[04:23] | It was our understanding your husband retired in 2012. | 我们以为你丈夫2012年已经退休了 |
[04:27] | He did. We sold our house and moved to Kauai. | 没错 我们卖了房子搬到了考艾岛 |
[04:30] | Then he got restless. | 然后他开始失眠了 |
[04:32] | Missed his work, missed the city. | 想念他的工作 想念纽约 |
[04:34] | I could tell he wasn’t happy, so I agreed to move back. | 我能看出他不开心 所以我同意搬回来 |
[04:38] | Respectfully, Mrs. Underhill, | 无意冒犯 安德希尔夫人 |
[04:40] | we found evidence that he may have still been restless: | 我们发现他可能依然无法安眠 |
[04:43] | the remains of two unused prophylactics. | 有两只没拆封的避孕套 |
[04:47] | We separated six months ago. | 我们六个月前分居了 |
[04:49] | It was amicable. | 是和平分手 |
[04:51] | We stayed in touch. | 我们还保持着联系 |
[04:53] | So you separated but didn’t divorce. | 所以你们分居了但没有离婚 |
[04:55] | I’m guessing that means you’re still his primary beneficiary. | 我猜那意味着你还是他的第一受益人 |
[04:58] | You’d have been entitled to his pension, his life insurance… | 你可以拿到他的养老金 他的人寿保险 |
[05:01] | I had dinner at my daughter’s house in New Jersey last night. | 我昨晚在新泽西我女儿家吃饭 |
[05:05] | Drank half a bottle of rosé, | 喝了半瓶桃红葡萄酒 |
[05:06] | spent the night in the guest room. | 在客房睡了一夜 |
[05:08] | Can anyone other than your daughter confirm that? | 除了你女儿还有人能证明这一点吗 |
[05:11] | I took a train back to the city this morning. | 我今早坐火车回的纽约 |
[05:14] | There should be a record of my ticket purchase and… | 应该会有我的购票记录 还有… |
[05:17] | security footage from stations. | 火车站的安保录像 |
[05:20] | All right, we’ll look into it. | 好吧 我们会去查的 |
[05:21] | In the meantime, can you think of anyone | 与此同时 你能想到 |
[05:23] | who would’ve wanted to hurt your husband? | 有谁会想要伤害你丈夫吗 |
[05:26] | After we moved back to New York, | 我们搬回纽约后 |
[05:28] | Bob started looking into some of his old cases. | 鲍勃开始查他的一些旧案子 |
[05:31] | Ones that he never solved. | 那些他一直没破的案子 |
[05:33] | He asked a friend at the Bureau for copies of a bunch of files. | 他向局里的朋友要了一堆档案的复印件 |
[05:36] | The last time we spoke, | 上次我们联系的时候 |
[05:39] | he said he thought one of those cases | 他说他觉得其中一个案子 |
[05:40] | was finally going to crack. | 终于要破了 |
[05:42] | He was closing in on someone. | 他锁定了一个人 |
[05:43] | Who? | 谁 |
[05:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:47] | Out of respect, he kept shop talk to a minimum | 出于尊重 我们分居后 |
[05:49] | after we separated. | 他尽量不跟我聊工作的事 |
[05:52] | But I’m sure if you go to his apartment, | 但我相信如果你们去他的公寓 |
[05:54] | you’ll find all the files. | 你们会找到那些文档的 |
[05:57] | They may tell you everything you need to know. | 它们也许能告诉你们一切 |
[06:06] | Joanie. | 小乔 |
[06:07] | My gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[06:08] | It’s been months. | 几个月没见了 |
[06:10] | You look beautiful. | 你看起来很美 |
[06:12] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 爸爸 |
[06:13] | Or should I call you Grover Ogden? | 还是我该叫你格罗佛·欧格登 |
[06:17] | What were you thinking? | 你是怎么想的 |
[06:19] | I was honoring you. | 我那是在赞美你 |
[06:21] | The choices you make, the work you do. | 你做的选择 你做的工作 |
[06:23] | I think it’s wonderful. | 我觉得很棒 |
[06:24] | Really? | 是吗 |
[06:25] | So that’s why you didn’t ask my permission. | 所以你没有征求我的同意 |
[06:27] | That’s why you used a pseudonym. | 所以你用了笔名 |
[06:29] | Because you knew how honored I would be. | 因为你知道我会觉得多荣耀 |
[06:31] | Did you even read the book? | 你看过那本书了吗 |
[06:32] | Of course I read the book. | 我当然看过了 |
[06:33] | And? | 然后呢 |
[06:34] | It’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[06:35] | Sherlock and I do not run around with guns | 我和夏洛克不会带着枪走来走去 |
[06:37] | and we don’t get into kung fu fights with criminals | 我们也不会跟犯罪分子用功夫搏斗 |
[06:39] | and we sure as hell do not sleep together. | 而且我们绝对没有上床 |
[06:42] | Well, sex sells, Joanie. | 床戏是卖点 小乔 |
[06:43] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[06:45] | So how did you know that that was me? | 你怎么知道是我写的 |
[06:47] | Grover Ogden? We lived on Ogden Avenue. | 格罗佛·欧格登 我们在欧格登大街住过 |
[06:49] | Grover was our dog. | 格罗佛是我们的狗 |
[06:49] | And by the way, that is how you make a porn name, | 顺便一提 那是黄片演员取艺名的方法 |
[06:52] | not a pen name! | 不是取笔名的方法 |
[06:53] | Okay, look, I owed my publishers a book. | 好吧 听着 我欠我的出版商一本书 |
[06:56] | I was blocked. I’ve never been blocked like this before. | 我写不出来了 我从没这样过 |
[06:58] | I was going crazy. | 我要疯了 |
[06:59] | So your mother comes home from seeing you in the city, | 然后你妈妈从城里看你回来 |
[07:02] | and she tells me about this case you’re working on, | 她给我讲了你们破的那些案子 |
[07:04] | – so… – Did she know about this? | -所以… -她知道这事吗 |
[07:05] | No. I’m just telling you how it all happened. | 不 我只是在告诉你这是怎么发生的 |
[07:07] | I don’t care how it happened. I just want it to go away. | 我不在乎它怎么发生的 我只想让它消失 |
[07:11] | Well, what does that mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[07:12] | The Heart Bled Blue didn’t get the e-book treatment, | 《蓝血之心》没有电子书特惠 |
[07:15] | which is good, for both of us, | 这对我们俩来说都是好事 |
[07:16] | because I spent almost $4,000 last night | 因为昨晚我花了大约四千美元 |
[07:19] | trying to find all the hard copies I could find online. | 买了我在网上能找到的所有实体书 |
[07:21] | You’re gonna contact your publisher | 你得联系你的出版商 |
[07:23] | and you’re gonna track down the rest. | 追踪剩下的那些 |
[07:24] | You can’t be serious. | 你一定是开玩笑的 |
[07:28] | Did Sherlock read the book? | 夏洛克看过了吗 |
[07:30] | What does that have to do with anything? | 和那有什么关系 |
[07:32] | Well, you gave your opinion. I’d like to know his. | 你说了你的意见 我想听听他的 |
[07:34] | Okay, first, you are not friends. | 首先 你跟他不是朋友 |
[07:37] | You met him once, at Aunt Vivian’s funeral. | 你只在薇薇安姨妈的葬礼上见过他一次 |
[07:40] | Second, he is never gonna find out about this. | 其次 他绝不会发现这件事 |
[07:42] | He is the most private person that I know. | 他是我知道的最注重隐私的人 |
[07:43] | He would freak if he found out. | 如果他发现这事肯定会发飙 |
[07:47] | Call your publisher, dad. | 给你的出版社打电话 老爸 |
[07:49] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[08:12] | Typically, I’m averse to color coordination, | 一般来说 我反对色彩协调 |
[08:14] | but I dare say it brightens the place up. | 但我不得不承认这确实让屋子明亮了许多 |
[08:17] | What is all this? | 这些都是什么 |
[08:18] | The case files of the late Bob Underhill. | 去世的鲍勃·安德希尔的案件卷宗 |
[08:20] | You got my texts? | 你收到我的短信了 |
[08:21] | Murdered FBI agent fed through a wood chipper. | 被害的联调局探员被塞进了碎木机 |
[08:24] | His wife thought it was over one of his unsolved cases. | 他妻子认为死因是一件未解决的旧案 |
[08:26] | Marcus and I went to his apartment | 马库斯和我去了他的公寓 |
[08:28] | and discovered he had been revisiting three of them. | 发现他重新研究了其中的三件案子 |
[08:31] | I made copies of his files and assigned each case its own room. | 我复印了他的卷宗 每间屋里贴了一件案子 |
[08:34] | As you can see, | 如你所见 |
[08:35] | the library tells the tale of a hate crime, | 这些文献是关于一件仇恨犯罪的案件 |
[08:38] | a church burnt to the ground in 1981. | 1981年一间教堂被烧毁 |
[08:40] | The arsonist, never identified. | 纵火犯人一直没能抓捕归案 |
[08:43] | You think that’s who killed Underhill? | 你认为这是杀死安德希尔的凶手吗 |
[08:44] | I do not. | 非也 |
[08:46] | Thanks in no small part | 感谢已故探员的 |
[08:47] | to the late agent’s meticulous notes, | 一丝不苟的记录 |
[08:49] | I identified the guilty party. | 我辨认出了犯人 |
[08:51] | He died in 1982. | 他在1982年就死了 |
[08:53] | This case took longer to solve, but not much. | 这件案子花了我稍微多一点的时间来解决 |
[08:57] | Two-man bank robbery from 1997. | 1997年的双人银行劫案 |
[09:00] | As it turns out, both parties went to jail | 结果发现 这两个人在早期 |
[09:03] | for unrelated crimes in the early aughts. | 因为一些不相关的罪名进了监狱 |
[09:05] | Both parties remain incarcerated, | 他们现在还待在监狱里 |
[09:07] | so they’re not our killers either. | 所以他们也不是我们要找的凶手 |
[09:09] | Finally, the case of a serial poisoner | 最后 是一起连环投毒案 |
[09:11] | who took six lives between 2008 and 2012. | 2008年到2012年间凶手毒杀了六条人命 |
[09:15] | I realized that the culprit was, in fact, | 我发现投毒凶手 实际上 |
[09:17] | the brother of one of Underhill’s original suspects. | 是安德希尔最初一位嫌疑人的兄弟 |
[09:19] | The only problem, he’s in the Navy | 唯一的问题是 他是海军 |
[09:21] | and he was on an aircraft carrier in the Arabian Sea last night. | 昨晚他在阿拉伯海的一艘航空母舰上 |
[09:24] | So you took the three cases | 所以你拿了这个人 |
[09:26] | this guy couldn’t crack over an entire career | 整个职业生涯都无法解决的三个案子 |
[09:29] | and you solved them in a few hours. | 然后只花了几小时就解决了 |
[09:32] | Bad news is his wife was wrong. | 坏消息是他妻子错了 |
[09:33] | Underhill’s old cases had nothing to do with his murder. | 安德希尔的旧案和他的谋杀没有任何关系 |
[09:36] | Actually, I think one of them did. | 实际上 我认为确实和其中一件有关 |
[09:38] | I asked the captain | 我问了警监 |
[09:39] | to find out if Underhill had requested any other case files, | 安德希尔是否还领走了其他的案件卷宗 |
[09:42] | and it turns out he had. | 结果还真有 |
[09:46] | Mina Davenport. | 米娜·达文波特 |
[09:47] | Oh, you’re familiar with the case? | 你知道这案子吗 |
[09:48] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:49] | She was kidnapped in 2004. | 她在2004年被绑架 |
[09:51] | The guy who took her kept her in a basement. | 绑架她的男人把她囚禁在了地下室 |
[09:53] | Ten years later, she escaped and came home- | 十年后 她逃了出来并回到了家中 |
[09:54] | it was a huge story. | 这可是大新闻 |
[09:56] | Are you saying that Underhill worked her abduction in ’04? | 你是说04年是安德希尔处理的她的绑架案吗 |
[09:58] | He did. And again in 2015. | 没错 而且2015年也是他处理的 |
[10:01] | He asked for and received copies of her case file | 他申请并收到了一份关于她案子的卷宗 |
[10:04] | just a few months ago. | 就在几个月前 |
[10:05] | Curious, then, that they were not amongst | 很奇怪 那些文件 |
[10:07] | his many other materials. | 并不在他的物品中 |
[10:09] | Well, Mina’s kidnapper was never found. | 米娜的绑架者一直没被找到 |
[10:10] | You think that’s who Underhill was closing in on? | 你觉得安德希尔要查出他是谁了吗 |
[10:12] | I think the absence of the files the agent requested | 我觉得这个卷宗的缺失 |
[10:15] | is very suspicious. | 非常可疑 |
[10:16] | Perhaps the killer removed them from his person last night. | 也许昨晚凶手从他身上拿走了它们 |
[10:19] | Perhaps, post-mulching, | 也许 在案发后 |
[10:20] | he used his keys to access his apartment. | 凶手用他的钥匙进入了他的公寓 |
[10:23] | Either way, it could mean | 无论如何 这都说明 |
[10:25] | that Mina’s abductor committed a murder | 米娜的绑架者昨晚犯下了谋杀罪 |
[10:27] | less than 20 miles from her home last night. | 就在离她家不到三公里的地方 |
[10:33] | It’s hard to explain, | 很难描述 |
[10:35] | losing your only child when she’s ten, | 在你孩子十岁时失去了她 |
[10:38] | and then getting her back at 20. | 然后在她二十岁时又找回了她 |
[10:41] | People tend to think about the ten years you lost, | 人们往往会考虑你失去的这十年时光 |
[10:44] | but we could only think about the future; | 但我们能想到的只有未来 |
[10:47] | all the time we were gonna have together after all. | 我们能和她共度的未来时光 |
[10:52] | It was a gift. | 这是份礼物 |
[10:54] | But we knew there was a catch, | 但我们知道还有一个问题 |
[10:56] | that the monster who had taken Mina was still out there. | 绑架了米娜的那个魔鬼还逍遥法外 |
[11:00] | Like I said, | 如我所说 |
[11:01] | we can’t be sure he’s the one who killed Bob Underhill. | 我们不能确定他就是杀死鲍勃·安德希尔的人 |
[11:04] | We wanted to know if you’ve seen anything | 我们想知道你们最近是否 |
[11:06] | out of the ordinary lately, | 看到过任何异常的情况 |
[11:07] | any strange faces or vehicles? | 任何陌生的面孔或者车辆 |
[11:10] | No. | 没有 |
[11:11] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[11:12] | What about Mina? | 米娜呢 |
[11:14] | If she had, she would’ve told us. | 如果有的话 她会告诉我们的 |
[11:16] | Is she here? | 她在家吗 |
[11:17] | She’s upstairs with her tutor. | 她和家教在楼上 |
[11:19] | She’s working on her GED. | 她正在准备普通教育水平考试 |
[11:21] | I mean, if it’s all the same to you, | 如果可以的话 |
[11:21] | I’d rather not bring her into this. | 我想还是不要把她牵扯进来了 |
[11:24] | If we’re right, Mr. Davenport, | 达文波特先生 如果我们判断没错的话 |
[11:26] | she may be at the very center of it. | 她可能就是整件事情的核心 |
[11:28] | Well, if you’re right. | 前提是你们没判断错 |
[11:29] | If you’re not, you could just upset her. | 如果你们错了 可能会刺激到她 |
[11:32] | You could set her back months. | 她又会变回几个月前的样子 |
[11:33] | We’ve worked so hard to make her feel safe, | 我们费尽心思才让她有了安全感 |
[11:36] | to help her find some peace. | 让她内心平静下来 |
[11:38] | After she first got away, | 她刚逃出来的时候 |
[11:41] | she wouldn’t let anyone touch her, | 她不准任何人碰她 |
[11:42] | not for weeks. | 持续了好几周 |
[11:44] | Now she’ll let me hold her hand again. | 可现在她已经愿意让我牵她的手了 |
[11:45] | She’ll let me hug her. | 还允许我抱她 |
[11:49] | What about Bob Underhill? | 那鲍勃·安德希尔呢 |
[11:50] | Had you heard from him lately? | 你们最近有他的消息吗 |
[11:53] | I wish we had. | 我还希望有呢 |
[11:58] | Look, a… after this happened, | 那件事发生之后 |
[11:59] | I-I… | 我 |
[12:02] | I-I could hardly function. | 我整个人都快废掉了 |
[12:04] | I was the one who was supposed | 那天应该是我 |
[12:05] | to pick Mina up from school that day; | 去接米娜放学的 |
[12:07] | I-I was the one who let the meeting run long, I… | 可我让会议持续了很长时间 |
[12:09] | I mean, it was my fault that she tried to walk home and… | 是因为我的错 她才自己走路回家 |
[12:14] | When I could do nothing, | 在我什么都做不了的时候 |
[12:17] | Agent Underhill did everything. | 安德希尔探员做了一切 |
[12:20] | He was… | 他… |
[12:21] | he was our rock. | 他是我们的英雄 |
[12:24] | We knew that Mina was able to help the FBI | 我们知道米娜当时帮助联调局 |
[12:26] | generate a sketch of her captor. | 画出了绑匪的肖像 |
[12:28] | She even provided a first name: Keith. | 她甚至还提供了一个名字 基斯 |
[12:31] | In the months since her return, | 在她回来后的这几个月 |
[12:33] | has she remembered any other salient details? | 她有没有记起一些比较特别的细节呢 |
[12:36] | Anything that might help us identify him? | 任何能帮助我们确认绑匪身份的事 |
[12:39] | I’m sorry. No. | 很抱歉 没有 |
[12:40] | Mom… Dad… | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[12:45] | Is everything okay? | 出什么事了吗 |
[12:47] | It’s all right, sweetie. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[12:48] | We’ll be done in here | 我们很快就聊完了 |
[12:50] | in just a minute. | 就几分钟 |
[12:57] | Davenports may not have seen Keith around, | 达文波特家的人也许没见过基斯出现 |
[12:59] | but that doesn’t mean we can’t circulate his sketch. | 但我们可以把他的肖像发出去 |
[13:02] | Even if he didn’t kill Underhill, | 就算他没有杀安德希尔 |
[13:03] | he’s still worth finding. | 他还是值得一找的 |
[13:04] | Assuming a figment of someone’s imagination can be found. | 前提是我们能找到别人虚构出来的人 |
[13:07] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[13:09] | That man did not kill Agent Underhill, | 那个人没有杀安德希尔探员 |
[13:11] | nor did he kidnap that young woman. | 也没有绑架那个女孩 |
[13:13] | The description she gave is entirely fictional. | 她给出的描述完全是虚构的 |
[13:15] | Hold up– are you calling Mina Davenport a liar? | 等等 你是说米娜·达文波特说谎了吗 |
[13:17] | No, I’m calling that young girl a liar. | 不 我是说那个女孩说谎了 |
[13:20] | She’s not Mina Davenport. | 她不是米娜·达文波特 |
[13:21] | She’s an imposter. | 她是个冒名顶替的 |
[13:28] | The old proverb says the eyes are the window to the soul. | 老话说眼睛是心灵的窗户 |
[13:32] | In this case, it’s the ears. | 这次 耳朵成了心灵的窗户 |
[13:36] | Note, in each image, | 注意看这两张图片中 |
[13:38] | the depth of the triangular fossa | 三角窝的深度 |
[13:40] | and the degree of attachment of the lobule. | 还有这个叶状耳钉的角度 |
[13:43] | These are the ears of two different people. | 这是两个不同人的耳朵 |
[13:46] | They don’t look that different to me. | 我觉得没什么不一样 |
[13:48] | Watson? | 华生 |
[13:49] | He’s right. | 他是对的 |
[13:50] | The architecture of the second ear is all wrong. | 第二张图片中的人的耳朵是不对的 |
[13:52] | Mina Davenport disappeared when she was ten years old. | 米娜·达文波特在她十岁时失踪了 |
[13:55] | She grew; she changed. Her body changed. | 后来她长大了 身体发生了一些变化 |
[13:57] | But not her ears. | 但是耳朵不会 |
[13:58] | They grow as kids get older, | 小孩长大时耳朵也会长 |
[14:00] | but they don’t change shape. | 但形状是不会变的 |
[14:02] | Basically, this girl | 总之 这个小女孩 |
[14:03] | could not have grown up to become this girl. | 不可能长成这个女孩 |
[14:06] | We no longer think that Agent Underhill | 我们不再认为安德希尔探员 |
[14:08] | was onto Mina Davenport’s abductor. | 在追查米娜·达文波特的绑架者了 |
[14:10] | We believe he was onto her imposter. | 我们认为他在追查她的冒名顶替者 |
[14:13] | Because of ears. | 就因为耳朵 |
[14:14] | Six months ago, | 半年前 |
[14:15] | the first pictures of Miracle Mina | 米娜奇迹般回来的照片 |
[14:17] | were released by her family to the press. | 由她的家人发布给了媒体 |
[14:20] | Two weeks later, Agent Underhill | 两周之后 安德希尔探员 |
[14:22] | requested copies of any and all files | 申请查阅了2004年 |
[14:23] | pertaining to her disappearance in 2004. | 她失踪时的所有相关文件 |
[14:26] | Now, perhaps he noticed the same discrepancy I did. | 可能他也像我一样看出了其中的差别 |
[14:28] | Perhaps it was something else. | 也可能是因为别的事 |
[14:31] | Either way, I believe that he suspected | 无论怎样 我觉得他当时是怀疑 |
[14:33] | this girl had taken the place of the real Mina. | 这个女孩顶替了真正的米娜 |
[14:37] | Presumably to avail herself of the Davenports’ vast wealth. | 有可能是为了达文波特家的万贯家财 |
[14:40] | The girl you’re saying isn’t Mina, | 你说不是米娜的这个女孩 |
[14:42] | she passed a DNA test. | 之前通过了DNA鉴定 |
[14:44] | Tell me that wasn’t in Underhill’s files? | 安德希尔的文件里没有记载吗 |
[14:46] | It was. | 有 |
[14:47] | Her DNA was a perfect match | 她的DNA跟2004年 |
[14:49] | for the sample taken from Mina’s toothbrush in 2004. | 从米娜牙刷上采集的样本完全匹配 |
[14:52] | Funny thing about that toothbrush. | 那个牙刷有点意思 |
[14:53] | It disappeared around the same time as the test. | 就在做鉴定的那段时间 它消失了 |
[14:56] | The private lab which compared the two samples | 对比两份样本的私人实验室 |
[14:59] | chalked it up to human error. | 将其归结为人为失误 |
[15:00] | We think the imposter had an accomplice, | 我们认为这个冒名者有同谋 |
[15:02] | someone inside the lab | 一个在实验室工作的人 |
[15:04] | who made sure to test her DNA against itself | 他确保了两份DNA都是她的 |
[15:06] | and then got rid of the toothbrush | 并扔掉了牙刷 |
[15:07] | to prevent future tests. | 以防止进行别的检测 |
[15:10] | Frankly, Captain, I’m surprised | 说真的 警监 我很惊讶 |
[15:10] | you don’t find our thesis more compelling. | 我们的论点没能让你更惊叹 |
[15:13] | I find it compelling as hell, | 我觉得这非常令人惊叹 |
[15:15] | but I also think I’m the only parent in the room. | 但我还是这屋子里唯一一个当父母的人 |
[15:18] | You know your kids. | 父母了解自己的孩子 |
[15:20] | I don’t care if they’re gone | 不管他们走失了 |
[15:21] | ten years or 50. | 10年还是50年 |
[15:23] | You know them. | 你一眼就会认出他们 |
[15:24] | How many of your children have been kidnapped? | 你有几个孩子被绑架了 |
[15:27] | I’m merely pointing out | 我只是想说 |
[15:29] | that these parents could hardly be blamed | 完全不能怪这对父母 |
[15:31] | for falling prey to a charlatan. | 上了骗子的当 |
[15:33] | They dreamt of their daughter’s safe return | 他们日夜期盼着女儿平安归来 |
[15:35] | for over a decade. | 已经十多年了 |
[15:36] | We want to invite them in, | 我们想把他们请过来 |
[15:37] | break the news to them as gently as possible. | 以最温和的方式告诉他们 |
[15:40] | All they have to do is let us take a DNA sample from them, | 他们只需让我们采集一份DNA样本即可 |
[15:42] | and then we can compare that | 这样我们就能跟2014年 |
[15:44] | to the samples taken from the imposter in 2014. | 从冒名者身上采集的样本进行比对 |
[15:47] | Those, the lab does still have. | 实验室还保存着那些样本 |
[15:49] | They’ll prove that she isn’t | 它们能证明她不是 |
[15:49] | who she says she is. | 自己所说的那个人 |
[15:52] | At the very least, Captain, | 警监 至少 |
[15:53] | the Davenports deserve to know | 达文波特家的人有权知道 |
[15:54] | whether they have a killer living under their roof. | 家里是否住着一个杀人凶手 |
[16:02] | Mr. Davenport… thanks for coming. | 达文波特先生 感谢您过来 |
[16:05] | Yeah. Of course. | 别客气 |
[16:06] | You said you had news. | 你们说有消息要告诉我们 |
[16:07] | We do, but… | 是的 可是… |
[16:08] | we thought your wife was joining. | 我们还以为您妻子也会一起来 |
[16:10] | Yeah. | 她来了 |
[16:11] | She’s just right there. | 她就在那边 |
[16:14] | Oh, you brought Mina. | 你们把米娜也带来了 |
[16:16] | Yeah, well, after you left last night, | 是啊 昨晚你们走后 |
[16:17] | she just kept asking questions about you | 她就一直在问有关你们的事 |
[16:19] | and… she knows something’s up, | 并且…她知道出事了 |
[16:20] | so Nancy and I… | 所以南茜和我… |
[16:22] | well, we told her the truth. | 我们跟她说了实话 |
[16:23] | She was… very brave. | 她非常的…勇敢 |
[16:25] | She, uh, said she wanted to know everything. | 她说想知道全部真相 |
[16:29] | Mina… | 米娜 |
[16:30] | this is Detective Bell. | 这是贝尔警探 |
[16:32] | This is Ms. Watson and Mr. Holmes. | 这是华生小姐和福尔摩斯先生 |
[16:35] | Actually, Mina, | 事实上 米娜 |
[16:36] | we were hoping to talk to your parents alone. | 我们想跟你父母单独谈谈 |
[16:39] | Oh. Whatever you have to say, | 不管你们要说什么 |
[16:41] | I can hear it. | 我都能承受 |
[16:43] | I never met Agent Underhill, | 我从没见过安德希尔探员 |
[16:45] | but I know how much he did for my mom and dad. | 但我知道他为我爸妈做了多少 |
[16:49] | I want to help. | 我想帮忙 |
[16:54] | It was my birthday that week. | 那周我过生日 |
[16:57] | Not my real birthday, the one he’d given me. | 不是我真正的生日 是他给我定的那天 |
[17:00] | Keith. | 基斯 |
[17:02] | It was the one time of year he was actually nice to me. | 那是一年中他会对我还不错的一天 |
[17:05] | It wasn’t until later that I realized | 后来我才明白 |
[17:07] | it was the anniversary of the day he took me. | 他就是在那天把我带走的 |
[17:11] | We had just gotten back from a trip. | 我们那天刚旅行回来 |
[17:15] | So this Keith– he was, uh, he was a trucker and, uh, | 那么这位基斯 他是个卡车司机 |
[17:19] | he kept you stashed in the back of his, uh, cab | 长途旅行的时候 他会把你藏在 |
[17:23] | during long hauls. | 驾驶室后面 |
[17:24] | I wasn’t allowed to leave the truck, but… | 我不能离开卡车 但是… |
[17:27] | I could look out the window sometimes. | 有时候我能透过窗户向外看 |
[17:30] | I could see trees, cars… | 我能看到树木 汽车… |
[17:33] | other people. | 其他人们 |
[17:36] | When I was in the basement, | 当我在地下室时 |
[17:37] | it was… it was just me. | 就只有我自己 |
[17:41] | So, um, according to this file, | 根据文件记载 |
[17:42] | uh, you-you never had any inkling, | 你对基斯的家乡在哪个州 |
[17:44] | uh, what city or state | 哪个城市 |
[17:46] | Keith’s home was in. | 毫无头绪 |
[17:48] | Well, I was so young when he took me and I wasn’t… | 他带走我的时候我还太小 而且… |
[17:52] | I wasn’t allowed to watch any TV | 他从不让我看电视 |
[17:54] | or look at a newspaper, ever. | 或是读报纸 |
[17:56] | The FBI people said that was because he needed me to be | 联调局的人说这是因为他想让我 |
[17:59] | completely dependent on him. | 完全依赖于他 |
[18:02] | It worked. | 他做到了 |
[18:05] | So you were saying it was | 你刚才说 |
[18:06] | the-the week of your birthday… | 那周你过生日 |
[18:09] | Keith said it was time. | 基斯说是时候了 |
[18:12] | We started thinking about having a family. | 我们开始考虑成个家 |
[18:16] | And I, and I couldn’t stop thinking about that. | 而我没法不去想 |
[18:20] | We were on the road. | 我们当时在路上 |
[18:21] | Another trip. | 又一段旅程 |
[18:23] | I… waited until he fell asleep, | 我等到他睡着 |
[18:26] | and then… I went into his bag. | 然后 我去翻他的包 |
[18:31] | And I took out the straight razor he used to shave | 之后拿出他常用的折叠剃须刀 |
[18:33] | and I held it right up to his neck. | 直抵住他的脖子 |
[18:36] | But you didn’t do it. | 但你没有下手 |
[18:38] | I don’t know why, | 我不知道为什么 |
[18:38] | I just couldn’t. | 我就是下不去手 |
[18:41] | I got out of the truck and I just ran | 我跳下货车然后我跑了 |
[18:43] | and I didn’t stop running until that morning. | 我一直跑 直到那天早上才停下 |
[18:47] | And you were in, uh, | 你当时在 |
[18:48] | Lander, Pennsylvania. | 宾夕法尼亚州的兰德市 |
[18:50] | I didn’t know it at the time, but yes. | 我当时不知道 但是的 |
[18:53] | So then you, um, you shut yourself into a gas station restroom | 之后 你把自己关在一个加油站的厕所里 |
[18:58] | and you take out Keith’s straight razor | 你拿出基斯的折叠剃须刀 |
[19:01] | and you cut off all your hair. | 然后剃光了你的头发 |
[19:03] | Keith forced me to dye my hair blonde. | 基斯逼我染成金发 |
[19:05] | He had, ever since I was ten. | 从我10岁起一直如此 |
[19:08] | My therapist said I was reclaiming my old self, | 我的心理医生说我是在重拾过去的自己 |
[19:13] | but…to be honest… | 但老实说 |
[19:15] | I don’t even remember doing it. | 我甚至不记得当时做了什么 |
[19:19] | I couldn’t even tell you what I was thinking. | 我甚至说不出我当时在想什么 |
[19:21] | Well, what you were thinking is that you wanted to look | 你在想 等警察发现你时 |
[19:23] | as pathetic as possible when-when the police found you. | 你希望看起来要多可怜有多可怜 |
[19:27] | Yeah. | 对吧 |
[19:28] | I… | 我 |
[19:29] | You are one of the best liars I have ever met, | 你是我遇过的最棒的骗子之一 |
[19:32] | and that’s saying something. | 这说明了些问题 |
[19:34] | It’s small wonder you’ve managed to fool the Davenports. | 难怪你成功骗过了达文波特夫妇 |
[19:37] | What? | 什么 |
[19:37] | I mean, they’re still defending you right now. | 我是说 他们现在仍然在维护你 |
[19:39] | Mr. Davenport… | 达文波特先生 |
[19:40] | They still believe you’re their daughter, | 他们仍相信你是他们的女儿 |
[19:41] | but we, of course, we know you are not. | 但我们 当然知道你不是 |
[19:45] | Mina, we’re leaving. | 米娜 我们要走了 |
[19:46] | – Dad-Daddy, what’s going on? – Come on. | -爸爸 发生什么事了 -走吧 |
[19:47] | – Right now. – It’s okay, sweetie, | -现在就走 -没事 亲爱的 |
[19:48] | you haven’t done anything wrong. | 你没做错什么 |
[19:49] | Everything’s gonna be okay. | 一切都会没事的 |
[19:51] | Stay the hell away from my family! | 你他妈的离我家人远点 |
[20:03] | Smells like something died in here. | 怎么闻起来一股死人味 |
[20:06] | I’d hardly expect elephant dung to smell like potpourri. | 我没指望大象屎能闻起来像百花香 |
[20:09] | It is, in fact, a highly sought-after coffee, | 事实上 这是一款非常紧俏的咖啡 |
[20:12] | produced by feeding arabica beans to pachyderms | 在泰国北部通过喂厚皮动物 |
[20:14] | in northern Thailand. | 吃阿拉比卡咖啡豆形成 |
[20:16] | And it has the potential | 而且它有可能 |
[20:17] | to further reduce my need for sleep. Would you…? | 进一步缩减我对睡眠的需求 要不来点 |
[20:20] | No, thanks. I had poop for lunch. | 不谢了 我已经为午饭腾空了肚子 |
[20:24] | You should’ve seen the Davenports’ faces | 你真该看看达文波特夫妻的脸色 |
[20:25] | when we broke the news to them. | 当我们把坏消息告诉他们时 |
[20:26] | I mean, I knew they’d take it hard, | 我是说 我知道他们难以接受 |
[20:28] | but I didn’t think they’d refuse to give us their DNA. | 但我没想到他们拒绝提供他们的DNA |
[20:30] | We underestimated the hold the imposter has over them. | 我们低估了冒名者对他们的精神控制 |
[20:33] | If they won’t help prove she’s a fraud, | 如果他们不肯帮忙证明她是个骗子 |
[20:35] | we’ll just see if she killed Bob Underhill instead. | 我们就去查她是否杀了鲍勃·安德希尔 |
[20:42] | Yesterday you said you had to accompany your mother | 昨天你说你要陪你母亲 |
[20:44] | to a doctor’s appointment in Scarsdale. | 去斯卡斯代尔赴医生的约诊 |
[20:46] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[20:47] | Only you didn’t. | 只是你没有 |
[20:48] | You didn’t even see her. | 你甚至没有去看她 |
[20:50] | You saw your stepfather instead. | 相反你去看了你继父 |
[20:54] | May I assume your visit had something to do with his book? | 我能猜测你的拜访和他写的书有关吗 |
[20:58] | You know about the book? | 你知道他写的书 |
[20:59] | An hour ago, I signed for a box which contained nearly | 一个小时前 我签收了一箱包裹装了近 |
[21:01] | 200 copies… but I’ve been aware of it for months. | 200本副本 但我几个月前就知道了 |
[21:05] | An associate brought it to my attention. | 一名同事让我注意到的 |
[21:08] | You read it? | 你读过了 |
[21:09] | I did. | 是的 |
[21:10] | You’re not mad? | 你不生气 |
[21:11] | Should I be? | 我该生气吗 |
[21:11] | Of course you should, you’re you. | 你当然要生气 你是主人公啊 |
[21:15] | It’s hardly the first time | 这不是第一次 |
[21:15] | I’ve inspired a writer, Watson. | 我启发了一位作家 华生 |
[21:18] | I am actually the basis | 我事实上是 |
[21:19] | for several fictional characters across various media. | 跨媒体平台多个虚拟人物的原型 |
[21:22] | It’s one of the by-products | 这是我做侦探的成功外 |
[21:23] | of my success as a detective. | 收获的众多副产品中的一个 |
[21:25] | I fascinate; this cannot be helped. | 我是万人迷 我也没办法 |
[21:27] | You yourself once wrote about me: | 你自己就曾写过我 |
[21:30] | The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes. | 《夏洛克·福尔摩斯探案集》 |
[21:32] | When did you…? | 你什么时候 |
[21:33] | I was displeased because you used my real name | 我不高兴是因为你用了我的真名 |
[21:34] | and you shared my real history. | 还分享了我真实的故事 |
[21:36] | Your father’s magnum opus, on the other hand, | 而你父亲的杰作 |
[21:38] | is the very opposite of real. | 却与事实恰恰相反 |
[21:40] | Look no further than chapter 32, where we make love | 读读第32章 我们俩在中央公园里的 |
[21:42] | beneath a footbridge in Central Park. | 人行天桥下面做爱 |
[21:44] | Why didn’t you tell me about it? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[21:46] | The book, not chapter 32. | 书的事 不是第32章 |
[21:48] | Your stepfather uses pseudonym, | 你继父用了笔名 |
[21:50] | and I assumed you were the reason for that. | 我猜是因为你吧 |
[21:54] | You seem angrier than I’d expected. | 你看起来比我预想的要生气 |
[21:56] | May I ask why? | 我能问问为什么吗 |
[22:01] | Are you expecting someone? | 你在等人吗 |
[22:07] | I got your address off the card you left with my parents. | 我在你留给我父母的名片上找到了你的地址 |
[22:10] | You mean, your marks. | 你是说 你的目标们 |
[22:12] | They think I’m at my tutor’s right now. | 他们以为我现在在家教那里 |
[22:15] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[22:16] | I’m not sure you should. | 我不确定你是否该进来 |
[22:17] | There’s no wood chipper in here. | 这里可没有碎木机 |
[22:19] | Uh… you can frisk me. | 你可以搜我的身 |
[22:22] | Whatever you want. | 做什么都行 |
[22:23] | I… I just want to talk. | 我只是想和你们谈谈 |
[22:34] | You’re right about a lot of things. | 你在很多事上的判断都是对的 |
[22:35] | But you’re wrong about others. | 但有些事你错了 |
[22:37] | You admit you’re not Mina Davenport. | 你承认自己不是米娜·达文波特 |
[22:40] | I do. | 我承认 |
[22:43] | But I didn’t kill that FBI guy. | 但我没杀那个联调局的人 |
[22:45] | And why should we believe you? | 我们为什么要相信你呢 |
[22:47] | Because… | 因为 |
[22:50] | …I can tell you who did. | 我能告诉你们是谁杀的 |
[22:54] | Richard and Nancy. | 理查德和南茜 |
[22:55] | The Davenports? | 达文波特夫妇 |
[22:57] | And why, pray tell, would they murder the man | 那请你告诉我 他们为什么要杀害 |
[22:59] | who worked so hard to find their daughter? | 一个竭尽全力帮他们寻找女儿的人呢 |
[23:02] | Because… | 因为 |
[23:04] | he was about to figure out their secret. | 他就快发现他们的秘密了 |
[23:07] | No one took Mina. | 没人带走米娜 |
[23:10] | They killed her. | 他们杀了她 |
[23:18] | My real name is Cassie, | 我的真名叫凯西 |
[23:19] | but you can call me Mina, if it’s easier. | 但方便起见 你们叫我米娜也行 |
[23:22] | I’m used to it. | 我也习惯了 |
[23:23] | You have a second name? | 你还有其他名字吗 |
[23:25] | For the purpose of this conversation, no. | 为了进行这次谈话吗 没有 |
[23:29] | There’s a reason I came to talk to you and not the police. | 我来找你们而不是警察是有原因的 |
[23:32] | Do tell. | 请讲 |
[23:33] | Mina turns 21 in a couple of weeks. | 米娜再过几周就要满21岁了 |
[23:35] | Or, at least she would have. | 如果她还活着的话 |
[23:38] | When that happens, I get access to her trust. | 到那时 我就能拿到她的信托基金 |
[23:41] | There’s almost five million in it. | 里面差不多有五百万 |
[23:43] | If you keep my secret until then, | 如果你们肯替我保密到那个时候 |
[23:45] | I’ll tell you everything. | 我就把一切都告诉你们 |
[23:47] | I’ll even be your eyes and ears inside the house. | 我甚至可以在家里做你们的内应 |
[23:51] | You… you think I’m lying again. | 你们 你们觉得我又在说谎 |
[23:53] | Why would we not? | 我们有何理由不这么想 |
[23:55] | A couple of years ago, I came across this magazine article. | 几年前 我看到一篇杂志上的文章 |
[23:58] | It was the anniversary of Mina’s disappearance, | 当时是米娜失踪的纪念日 |
[24:00] | and they did this computer thing | 因此他们用电脑 |
[24:01] | to show what she would look like if she were still alive. | 模拟出如果她还在世会长什么样子 |
[24:05] | I realized I looked like her. | 我发现自己长得像她 |
[24:07] | Not a lot, but enough. | 不是太像 但足够了 |
[24:09] | I thought if I studied the case, | 我想着如果我仔细研究这个案子 |
[24:12] | if I learned everything I could about her, | 如果我尽我所能的了解她 |
[24:14] | I could fool people. | 我就能蒙骗别人 |
[24:16] | Because you’d run cons before? | 因为你以前就设计过骗局 |
[24:18] | Nothing like this. | 没有过像这样的 |
[24:21] | This was big. | 这是个大局 |
[24:22] | I had to trick Mina’s own parents. | 我必须骗过米娜的亲生父母 |
[24:24] | So you came up with a story | 所以你编出一个故事 |
[24:26] | that would allow for the occasional trip-up. | 来应付偶然的错误 |
[24:29] | You were abused, locked in a basement, | 你被人虐待 关在地下室 |
[24:30] | you forgot your old life; that way, | 你忘记了以前的生活 这样 |
[24:32] | no one would be suspicious when you had trouble remembering | 当你想不起来真正的米娜会知道的事时 |
[24:35] | things the real Mina would have known. | 别人就不会起疑了 |
[24:37] | My favorite wrinkle was Keith’s truck. | 我最喜欢的部分是基斯的卡车 |
[24:39] | You said you’d escaped from it, as opposed to the house, | 你说你是从车上而不是房子里逃了出来 |
[24:42] | because, like Keith, the house didn’t exist, | 因为跟基斯一样 房子不存在 |
[24:45] | and you didn’t have to worry about leading anyone back to it. | 这样你就不用担心需要带人找回去了 |
[24:48] | I was never worried about fooling the police or the FBI. | 我从没担心过怎么骗过警察或是联调局 |
[24:52] | Just Richard and Nancy. | 我只担心理查德和南茜 |
[24:55] | I had this whole script ready, | 我准备了整套剧本 |
[24:56] | things I would say or do, | 如果他们开始怀疑的话 |
[24:58] | if I thought they were getting suspicious. | 我该怎么说怎么做 |
[25:00] | Only… I never needed it. | 只是 我根本不需要用到 |
[25:04] | They treated me like their daughter | 他们见到我的那一刻 |
[25:05] | from the second I met them. | 就把我当成亲生女儿了 |
[25:08] | At first I thought I was just that good. | 起初我以为是我伪装的很完美 |
[25:10] | But a couple months ago, something happened. | 但几个月后 事情不对了 |
[25:14] | I, um… | 我 |
[25:16] | I woke up in the middle of the night and… | 我有天晚上半夜醒来发现 |
[25:19] | Richard was sitting there. | 理查德坐在床边 |
[25:23] | He touched my arm. | 抚摸我的胳膊 |
[25:25] | He said this was something he and Mina used to do. | 他说以前他就这么摸米娜 |
[25:28] | He said, “You are my little girl, aren’t you?” | 他说 你就是我的小女孩 对不对 |
[25:37] | You get it, right? | 你们懂的 对吧 |
[25:40] | He knew I wasn’t her because he’d killed her. | 他知道我不是她 因为他已经杀死她了 |
[25:43] | He was abusing her. | 他一直在虐待她 |
[25:44] | She must have threatened to tell someone and… | 她肯定是威胁要告诉别人 结果… |
[25:46] | You said Nancy was involved, too. | 你说南茜也牵涉其中了吗 |
[25:48] | No one worked harder to teach me about Mina’s old life. | 她是最尽心告诉我米娜原来生活的人 |
[25:51] | She needed to make sure no one else knew | 她要确保没有其他人知道 |
[25:53] | I wasn’t really her daughter. | 我不是她女儿 |
[25:54] | Because that would guarantee | 因为这样才能确保 |
[25:55] | no one would uncover Richard’s crime. | 没人能发现理查德犯的罪 |
[25:59] | He lied to you the other night. | 那天晚上 他对你说谎了 |
[26:01] | The FBI guy had come to the house. | 那个联调局的人来过家里 |
[26:03] | I saw them arguing in the driveway that night. | 我看到他们那晚在车道上争吵 |
[26:07] | I didn’t know who he was, | 我不知道他是谁 |
[26:07] | so I didn’t think much of it at the time, | 所以我当时也没多想 |
[26:09] | but then, when you guys came to the house, I… | 但之后 你们过来了 我… |
[26:13] | He figured me out. He must have. | 他发现我了 肯定是这样 |
[26:17] | So Richard killed him. | 所以理查德杀了他 |
[26:21] | Two weeks– that’s all I need. | 两周 就给我两周 |
[26:25] | You keep all of this between us… | 你们保守秘密 |
[26:29] | and I’ll help you get justice for Mina. | 我会帮你们将杀米娜的凶手绳之以法 |
[26:33] | Deal. | 成交 |
[26:36] | These are listening devices. | 这些是监听设备 |
[26:38] | Bugs. | 监听器 |
[26:39] | I need you to plant one on the first floor | 我需要你把其中一个放在达文波特 |
[26:42] | of the Davenports’ home and one on the second. | 房子的一楼 另外一个放在二楼 |
[26:45] | This one’s sort of big. | 这个有点大啊 |
[26:46] | It’s imperative | 你必须 |
[26:47] | you put both of them near windows. | 把这两个监听器都放在窗户附近 |
[26:50] | This will make it easier for us | 这样方便我们 |
[26:51] | to pick up and record their conversations. | 接收记录他们的对话 |
[26:53] | Have I made myself clear? | 我说清楚了吗 |
[26:55] | Yeah. | 清楚 |
[26:56] | So why are you still here? | 那你还待在这里干什么 |
[27:05] | I know I did something terrible. | 我知道我做的事很糟糕 |
[27:10] | But Richard and Nancy did something worse. | 但理查德和南茜做的事更糟 |
[27:13] | You won’t regret this, I promise. | 我不会让你们失望的 我保证 |
[27:22] | You’re almost as good of a liar as she is. | 你跟她一样会撒谎 |
[27:25] | She actually thinks you believe her. | 她真的以为你相信她了 |
[27:27] | She’s obviously attempting to divert attention | 她显然是想分散我们的注意力 |
[27:29] | until she can claim Mina’s trust money and disappear. | 让她有时间拿到米娜的信托基金然后消失 |
[27:31] | Then why did you just give her two bugs? | 那你为什么要给她两个监听器 |
[27:33] | You know she’s not gonna say anything incriminating | 你知道她和他们在一起的时候 |
[27:35] | when she’s around them. | 不会说任何跟犯罪相关的事 |
[27:36] | Actually, Watson, only one of them is a bug. | 其实 华生 只有一个是监听器 |
[27:38] | The other is a flash bang. | 另一个是闪光弹 |
[27:40] | You gave her a bomb? | 你给她了一个炸弹吗 |
[27:41] | It’s a very small bomb with a very big bang. | 小型炸弹 但声音非常大 |
[27:44] | Tomorrow morning, I will activate the listening device, | 明天早上 我会启动监听装置 |
[27:46] | and when I’m certain all three family members are on one floor, | 当我确定三个人都在一层时 |
[27:49] | I’ll detonate the flash bang on the other. | 我就会引爆另一层的闪光弹 |
[27:51] | If they don’t call the police themselves, | 如果他们不报警 |
[27:52] | one of their neighbors will. | 他们的邻居也会报警的 |
[27:53] | And then we can poke around their house without a warrant | 然后我们不用搜查令就可以检查他们的房子 |
[27:56] | and collect all the DNA we want. | 还能搜集我们所需的DNA |
[27:59] | The Davenports aren’t gonna trust | 有了今天的事 达文波特不会相信 |
[28:00] | any test results from us, not after today. | 我们出具的任何检查结果 |
[28:02] | As I said earlier, I’m only interested | 我之前说过了 我只想知道 |
[28:04] | in whether our imposter killed Bob Underhill. | 这个冒名者有没有杀害鲍勃·安德希尔 |
[28:07] | His murder was especially violent. | 杀他的凶手非常残暴 |
[28:09] | She would have been covered in his blood. | 她肯定全身都会沾满他的血 |
[28:10] | If she carried any trace of it back to the house, | 如果她带了丝毫血迹回家 |
[28:13] | we’ll have her, no matter who the Davenports think she is. | 我们就能抓她 不管那夫妇俩觉得她是谁 |
[28:23] | I thought you said it was a small bomb. | 你不是说只是个小炸弹吗 |
[28:28] | No, no! No, you people are not coming into my home! | 不 不 你们不能进我的房子 |
[28:31] | Mr. Davenport, we are here to help you, believe it or not. | 达文波特先生 我们是来帮助你的 |
[28:33] | Oh, like hell you are. | 我信就有鬼了 |
[28:34] | Mr. Davenport, I understand you’re not | 达文波特先生 我理解你不想 |
[28:36] | happy to see any of us, | 见到我们 |
[28:37] | but when a bomb goes off on your property, | 但你的房子里发生了炸弹爆炸 |
[28:40] | you don’t get to pick and choose who investigates. | 你不能选择调查的警官 |
[28:43] | May we assume the explosive device | 我想爆炸装置 |
[28:44] | was not yours, Mr. Davenport? | 不是你的吧 达文波特先生 |
[28:46] | Of course it wasn’t. | 当然不是了 |
[28:47] | Well, then, you have our word we will not rest | 那我们向你保证 不抓到犯人 |
[28:49] | until the guilty party has been identified. | 绝不罢休 |
[29:06] | Hey, I checked the security system. | 我检查了安保系统 |
[29:08] | It was enabled, but it wasn’t tripped. | 是开启状态 但并没有被触发 |
[29:10] | No signs that anyone broke in to plant the device. | 没有痕迹表明有人潜入屋内安装了炸弹 |
[29:13] | Got to be the girl, right? | 那肯定是那女孩做的 对吧 |
[29:15] | What are the chances of this happening | 昨天我们才指控她骗人 |
[29:16] | one day after we accuse her of running a con? | 今天就发生这事 这也太巧合了吧 |
[29:19] | Yeah, but the upside? | 对 但这么做有什么好处呢 |
[29:20] | She gets to play the victim card again? | 她可以再演一次受害人吗 |
[29:22] | Whatever her reasons were, | 不管是什么原因 |
[29:23] | we should be glad. | 我们都应该感到庆幸 |
[29:24] | We have all morning to look for proof she killed Underhill. | 我们有一上午时间搜查她杀害安德希尔的证据 |
[29:27] | That was a bust, too. | 那也没查出结果 |
[29:28] | Her bedroom and bathroom were spotless. | 她的卧室和浴室简直一尘不染 |
[29:30] | Nothing in the drains, the carpet or the hamper. | 下水管道 地毯和食盒里都没任何发现 |
[29:33] | Kitchen and, uh, laundry room were equally clean, but | 厨房和洗衣间都很干净 但 |
[29:36] | let’s not forget the obscenity of the Davenports’ wealth. | 我们别忘了关于达文波特财产的传言 |
[29:38] | By my count, we still have ten rooms to go. | 据我统计 我们还有十个房间没查呢 |
[29:41] | All right, let’s check out CSU, and see how they’re doing. | 我问问鉴证科查的怎么样了 |
[29:50] | It’s because he cheated on my mother. | 因为他背着我妈妈偷情 |
[29:52] | My stepfather. | 我继父 |
[29:54] | You asked me yesterday why I was so angry about the book. | 昨天你问我为什么对那本书那么生气 |
[29:57] | Yes, I remember, and I recall the affair, | 我记得 而且我也记得外遇的事 |
[30:00] | but what one has to do with the other…? | 但这两件事有什么关系 |
[30:02] | He was always a free spirit, | 他总是追求自由 冒险 |
[30:03] | adventurous, did what he wanted when he wanted. | 随心所欲 |
[30:05] | I loved that about him. | 我喜欢他这一点 |
[30:07] | Until what he wanted was something other than Mary. | 直到他除了玛丽还想要别的 |
[30:10] | It wasn’t even serious. | 那甚至不是认真的 |
[30:11] | Just some woman he met at a book signing, | 只是他在签书会遇到的女人 |
[30:13] | back when he was still putting his name on his own work. | 是他还在书上署自己真名的时候 |
[30:17] | And then my mother found out. | 然后我母亲发现了 |
[30:19] | Well, she’s a proud woman. I’m sure it was difficult. | 她是个骄傲的女人 她一定很难过 |
[30:22] | Well, things weren’t the same after that. | 此后一切都变了 |
[30:24] | She and my father patched things up, | 她和我父亲又和好了 |
[30:26] | but I don’t know. | 但我不知道 |
[30:28] | I guess I kept him at arm’s length. | 我想是我一直在疏远他吧 |
[30:32] | And then, when he wrote that book, it was like | 然后 当他写了那本书 |
[30:35] | he was thinking about himself again. | 好像他又只在意自己了 |
[30:37] | Speaking of people who think they can get away with things, | 说到人们认为可以逃避某些事 |
[30:39] | look at the seat. | 看这个座椅 |
[30:40] | Note how close it is to the pedals. | 注意它与方向盘的距离 |
[30:42] | This has been adjusted for somebody short, | 座椅被一个矮个子的人调整过 |
[30:44] | not Richard Davenport, | 不是理查德·达文波特 |
[30:45] | who by my estimation is six foot tall. | 我目测达文波特得有一米八 |
[30:46] | Nancy, meanwhile, drives this SUV. | 而南茜的座驾是这辆越野车 |
[30:48] | I know ’cause I saw her keys | 我知道是因为 |
[30:50] | at the station yesterday. | 昨天在警局我看到了她的钥匙 |
[30:53] | So you think this is the car the imposter drives. | 所以你认为这是冒名者开的车 |
[30:59] | Look at the brake pedal. | 看刹车板 |
[31:03] | Blood. | 血迹 |
[31:05] | Agent Underhill’s, I presume, | 我猜是安德希尔探员的 |
[31:07] | transferred from the bottom of his killer’s shoe. | 从凶手的鞋底沾到的 |
[31:15] | Dad, what are you doing here? | 爸爸 你怎么来了 |
[31:16] | Well, I have something for you, | 有些东西想给你 |
[31:18] | and I thought I’d drop it off in person. | 我想还是亲自带过来吧 |
[31:22] | Come in. | 请进 |
[31:28] | Wow. Really love what you’ve done with this place. | 喜欢你们的装饰 |
[31:31] | I’ll tell Sherlock. | 我会告诉夏洛克的 |
[31:32] | I’m sure he can do the same for you and Mom. | 他肯定愿意给你和妈妈做出同样效果 |
[31:34] | Is he around? | 他在吗 |
[31:35] | No, he’s at the precinct. | 不在 他现在在警局 |
[31:37] | Uh, we’re waiting to hear about some blood that we found. | 我们在等我们找到的血迹化验结果 |
[31:41] | Oh, that sounds exciting. | 听起来很刺激 |
[31:43] | So did you talk to your publisher? | 你跟你的出版商谈过了吗 |
[31:45] | Hey, the wheels are in motion. | 事情已经进行了 |
[31:46] | I don’t know the ins and the outs, but suffice it to say | 具体情况我不清楚 |
[31:49] | that The Heart Bled Blue is about | 但我可以确定《蓝血之心》 |
[31:50] | to become very difficult to find. | 将很难在市面上找到了 |
[31:54] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢 |
[31:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[32:00] | Uh, that’s the sequel. | 这是续集 |
[32:03] | You wrote another book based on me and Sherlock? | 你又写了本关于我和夏洛克的书 |
[32:06] | Wait– before you take my head off, | 等等 在你把我脑袋拧下来之前 |
[32:07] | I already told the editor that he can’t have it; it’s all yours. | 我已经告诉编辑不能给他了 都是你的 |
[32:11] | I was just putting the finishing touches on it | 那天你来找我的时候 |
[32:12] | when you came by the house the other day. | 我正在做最后的润色 |
[32:14] | I don’t understand. Is this for me to burn? | 我不懂 这是要给我去烧的吗 |
[32:16] | That’s for you to do with whatever you like. | 你想怎么处理都行 |
[32:20] | I missed you, Joanie, | 我很想你 小乔 |
[32:22] | and that’s the real reason I wrote about you. | 这才是我写你的原因 |
[32:25] | I mean, these last few years, | 过去几年 |
[32:27] | ever since I… strayed… | 自从我误入歧途 |
[32:30] | You know, I know that I screwed up. | 我知道我搞砸了 |
[32:32] | I knew it the moment that it happened. | 事发的当下我就知道了 |
[32:34] | But what I didn’t know, what I wasn’t ready for, | 但我不知道的是 我没准备好面对的是 |
[32:36] | was what it would do to us. | 它会对我们造成的影响 |
[32:39] | You used to be my friend. | 你曾经是我的朋友 |
[32:42] | And I ruined that. | 是我搞砸了 |
[32:45] | The book is just my way of dealing with it. | 这本书只是我应对的方式 |
[32:49] | It let me be close to you again. | 它让我再次接近你 |
[32:58] | Hmm. No rest for the weary. | 工作很忙啊 |
[33:01] | Dad, just… | 爸爸 |
[33:03] | just hold on, okay? | 稍等一下好吗 |
[33:09] | Hello? | 你好 |
[33:10] | The blood on the brake pedal came from Bob Underhill. | 刹车板上的血迹是鲍勃·安德希尔的 |
[33:13] | I didn’t think we’d hear back from the lab this quickly. | 没想到实验室这么快 |
[33:16] | We didn’t hear back from the lab. | 不是实验室给的结果 |
[33:17] | We heard from Richard Davenport. | 是理查德·达文波特说的 |
[33:20] | He’s here, and he claims he killed Underhill, | 他来了 声称自己杀了安德希尔 |
[33:23] | and he wants to confess. | 说想自首 |
[33:33] | Oh, she’s told him a sob story. She must have. | 她肯定是给他讲了个声泪俱下的故事 |
[33:36] | Something along the lines of, “The mean FBI man confronted me, | 说什么”那个恶毒的联调局的家伙找到了我 |
[33:40] | Accused me of all the things the police did. | 把警察做的事都扣到了我头上 |
[33:42] | I was frightened, I snapped.” | 我很害怕 我慌神了” |
[33:44] | He’s still utterly convinced she’s his daughter. | 他现在仍然确信她是他女儿 |
[33:47] | She knew he blamed himself for what happened to the real Mina. | 她知道他为了米娜的事自责不已 |
[33:50] | In 2004, he couldn’t save her. | 2004年 他没能救他 |
[33:52] | In 2015, he can. | 而2015 他可以了 |
[33:54] | Well, however she did it, she’s forcing our hand. | 不管她怎么做的 她让我们很为难啊 |
[33:56] | We either got to charge him or find some way of proving | 我们要么指控他 要么就得想办法 |
[33:59] | that he’s covering for her. | 证明他是在给她打掩护 |
[34:00] | I think the choice is clear. | 我觉得该怎么选很清楚了 |
[34:02] | Mina, or whatever her name is, | 米娜 不管她到底叫什么 |
[34:04] | in a rush to escape a murder charge, has made a mistake. | 她急于逃脱谋杀指控 却犯了个错误 |
[34:08] | Accept the false confession and book Richard Davenport. | 接受不实的认罪 把他记录在案 |
[34:12] | That will make it easier to obtain a sample of his DNA. | 这样就容易获取他的DNA样本了 |
[34:14] | We can compare it to the samples | 我们可以跟去年冒名者出现时 |
[34:15] | that were taken from the imposter when she turned up last year. | 从她身上提取的样本作对比 |
[34:18] | We can show him the results. | 可以给他看比对结果 |
[34:20] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[34:22] | I’m not sure that would have been enough to convince him, | 我不确定这是否能说服他 |
[34:23] | but now, staring down the barrel of life in prison, | 但现在 看着自己的牢狱生涯 |
[34:27] | we might be able to get him to see the light. | 我们也许能让他看到希望 |
[34:32] | The DNA was a match? | DNA吻合 |
[34:34] | This can’t be right. | 不可能 |
[34:35] | All I can tell you is what the lab told me. | 我只能转达实验室告诉我的结论 |
[34:37] | The girl’s DNA is | 这女孩的DNA |
[34:38] | a familial match to Richard Davenport. | 跟理查德·达文波特是呈家族性匹配的 |
[34:41] | According to the report, she’s his daughter. | 据报告所说 她就是他女儿 |
[34:43] | It’s the same results as the original report | 这跟最初将她和米娜的牙刷匹配上的报告 |
[34:46] | that matched her to Mina’s toothbrush. | 是同样的结论 |
[34:48] | Now, I know you thought she had an accomplice, | 我知道你觉得她有同伙 |
[34:49] | someone on the inside. | 而且是内部的人 |
[34:50] | This test was done in-house. | 但这次鉴定是内部进行的 |
[34:53] | We put a rush on it. | 我们催得很紧 |
[34:54] | There is no way she could have effected the results. | 她不可能影响到结果 |
[34:57] | Then someone made a mistake. | 那就是有人犯了错误 |
[34:58] | The girl that we’re dealing with is not Mina Davenport. | 我们面对的女孩绝不是米娜·达文波特 |
[35:00] | Her genetic material says otherwise. | 但她的基因却给出了相反的答案 |
[35:03] | What about her ears? | 她的耳朵呢 |
[35:05] | It doesn’t trump a DNA test. | 那可战胜不了DNA鉴定 |
[35:07] | It says there that Richard Davenport’s DNA was compared | 那上面说理查德·达文波特的DNA |
[35:09] | to a sample of the imposter’s hair. | 曾与冒名者的头发样本做过比对 |
[35:11] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[35:12] | Wouldn’t it have been standard procedure | 标准程序难道不是 |
[35:13] | to take a cheek swab when she was | 在她于14个月前被奇迹般地发现时 |
[35:14] | oh-so-miraculously found 14 months ago? | 就该提取她的唾液样本吗 |
[35:18] | It would, but the FBI said she was in such a feral state, | 本该如此 但联调局说她当时形同野人 |
[35:21] | she wouldn’t let anyone near her. | 不肯让任何人靠近她 |
[35:23] | So they bagged the hair | 所以他们只能打包了 |
[35:24] | that she had cut off in the gas station bathroom. | 她在加油站的洗手间剪下的头发 |
[35:27] | Maybe she’s not Mina, | 也许她不是米娜 |
[35:29] | but she is Davenport’s daughter. | 但她也是达文波特的女儿 |
[35:32] | Well, say he had an affair. | 假设他有外遇 |
[35:33] | The girl was born out of wedlock. | 那女孩是婚外所生 |
[35:35] | She pretended to be Mina to mess with him, | 她假装是米娜好折腾他 |
[35:37] | get everything she thought she deserved. | 好得到她觉得自己应得的一切 |
[35:40] | Well, that would actually explain a lot. | 那还真能说明不少问题 |
[35:41] | No. | 不 |
[35:43] | Respectfully, Detective, I don’t like that theory. | 恕我直言 警探 我不喜欢这个理论 |
[35:45] | That’s a bad theory. | 这是个糟糕的理论 |
[35:46] | Why is it a bad theory? | 怎么就糟糕了 |
[35:48] | ‘Cause it wouldn’t account for Mina, the real Mina, | 因为这无法解释米娜 真正的米娜 |
[35:50] | and what happened to her in 2004. | 以及2004年发生在她身上的事 |
[35:52] | It’s not supposed to. It’s supposed to | 本来也不用解释 这只是用来解释 |
[35:53] | explain how a girl we think is a fraud passed a DNA test. | 我们认为是骗子的女孩是如何通过DNA鉴定的 |
[35:57] | I’ve got a different theory– better one. | 我有个不同的理论 更好的理论 |
[35:59] | I mean, I-I prefer it. | 我是说 我自己更喜欢的理论 |
[36:02] | Trust me when I say that you will, too. | 相信我 你也会喜欢的 |
[36:11] | Mrs. Davenport, thank you so much for coming. | 达文波特女士 非常感谢您能来 |
[36:12] | This is my attorney, | 这位是我的律师 |
[36:14] | Mr. O’Donnell. | 奥唐纳先生 |
[36:15] | Earlier today, | 今天早些时候 |
[36:16] | the woman that you know as your daughter… | 你认为是你女儿的那名女子 |
[36:18] | She is my daughter. | 她就是我女儿 |
[36:20] | She passed a DNA test, | 她通过了DNA鉴定 |
[36:22] | or at least a strand of her hair did. | 或者 至少她的一束头发通过了 |
[36:24] | It was a familial match | 跟你丈夫的唾液样本 |
[36:25] | for a cheek swab taken from your husband. | 的确形成了家族性匹配 |
[36:27] | The thing is, that hair did not come directly from Mina’s head. | 问题是 那头发并非直接来自米娜的头部 |
[36:30] | It was one of the hairs that she claimed | 那只是一束她声称 |
[36:32] | she cut off with a straight razor | 在自己被发现那天 |
[36:33] | the day she was found. | 用剃刀剃下的头发 |
[36:34] | Claimed? | 声称 |
[36:35] | This was the second test she passed. | 这是她通过的第二次鉴定 |
[36:37] | We were suspicious of the test she took 14 months ago, | 我们对她14个月前那次鉴定抱有怀疑 |
[36:40] | because Mina’s toothbrush, the source | 因为米娜的牙刷 |
[36:42] | of the comparison sample– disappeared. | 比对样本的来源 不见了 |
[36:44] | But then, this morning, | 但今早 |
[36:45] | when the results of the second test arrived, | 当第二次鉴定的结果送到时 |
[36:47] | we wondered what if the loss of the toothbrush really was human error? | 我们在想如果牙刷的遗失真是人为错误呢 |
[36:50] | What if she had passed both tests because the hair | 如果她能通过两次鉴定 |
[36:52] | that was examined really did come from Mina? | 是因为被检测的头发真的来自米娜呢 |
[36:55] | You’re not making any sense. | 你这话毫无逻辑 |
[36:58] | Please. | 请进 |
[37:09] | It occurred to me that if someone had access | 我想到 如果14个月前有人有办法 |
[37:11] | to Mina’s hair 14 months ago, | 得到米娜的头发 |
[37:14] | then they also had access to Mina… | 那他们就也有办法接触到米娜 |
[37:17] | It was hard to imagine a woman allowing someone | 很难想象一个女人会自愿允许别人 |
[37:18] | to take a straight razor to her head willingly. | 用剃刀剃走她的头发 |
[37:21] | So we reached out to law enforcement across the country. | 所以我们找遍了国内的执法机关 |
[37:24] | We found a report of an assault in Sturbridge, Massachusetts, | 我们发现马萨诸塞的斯特布里奇有一起袭击案 |
[37:28] | where a young woman wearing a mask | 一个年轻女人带着面具 |
[37:30] | attacked another young woman and shaved her head. | 袭击了另一个女孩 并剃下了她的头发 |
[37:33] | Not the kind of crime you see every day. | 这可不是常见的犯罪 |
[37:36] | Even more remarkable– | 更值得注意的是 |
[37:37] | the assault was perpetrated just two days… | 袭击发生仅仅两天后 |
[37:40] | before the imposter was found in Lander, Pennsylvania. | 冒名者就在宾夕法尼亚的兰德市被发现了 |
[37:45] | She’d located Mina, you see. | 你看 是她找到了米娜 |
[37:47] | And instead of reporting it to the authorities, | 可她没有报告给当局 |
[37:50] | she took her hair. | 而是拿走了她的头发 |
[37:53] | She then scattered that around in Pennsylvania | 然后她在宾夕法尼亚游荡 |
[37:55] | as if it was her own. | 假扮成米娜 |
[37:57] | The victim of the Sturbridge attack | 在斯特布里奇遇袭的女孩 |
[37:59] | gave a fake name at the hospital. | 在医院用了假名 |
[38:01] | She was signed out by a man named Norman Ott. | 她是被一个叫诺曼·奥特的人签字接出院的 |
[38:04] | Mr. Ott, it turns out, lived near Mina’s school in 2004. | 这位奥特先生04年就住在米娜的学校附近 |
[38:08] | His apartment was on a route she would’ve taken home. | 他的公寓就在她会被接回家的路上 |
[38:12] | It’s really her, Nancy. It’s really Mina. | 真是她 南茜 这真是米娜 |
[38:16] | It… No. | 这…不 |
[38:18] | I… It can’t… | 这不可能… |
[38:22] | When the police | 今天警方 |
[38:22] | paid a visit to Mr. Ott’s home in Sturbridge today; | 去斯特布里奇拜访了奥特先生的家 |
[38:26] | he wasn’t home, | 他不在 |
[38:28] | but Mina was. | 但米娜在 |
[38:30] | Over the years, he told different stories about her. | 这些年来 他对她的存在有过多种说法 |
[38:33] | Some people thought she was his daughter. | 有人以为她是他女儿 |
[38:35] | Others thought she was his wife. | 有人以为是他妻子 |
[38:37] | The only thing we know for sure | 我们唯一能确定的是 |
[38:39] | is that she was allowed to leave the house sometimes. | 她有时候会被准许离开屋子 |
[38:42] | That’s how the imposter was able to gain access to her. | 所以冒名者才能接近她 |
[38:47] | You can imagine she’s been through quite an ordeal, | 你可以想象她受了多少折磨 |
[38:49] | but she remembers you and Richard, | 但她还记得你和理查德 |
[38:52] | and she’s been asking for you. | 她一直要求见你们 |
[38:54] | So as soon as he’s recanted his confession, | 一旦他撤回认罪 |
[38:56] | he’ll be brought here. | 就会被带过来了 |
[39:02] | Would you like me to take you to see her? | 要不要我带你去见她 |
[39:46] | Hi. Joanie, what are you…? | 小乔 你这是… |
[39:47] | I’m sorry I got so angry about the book. | 抱歉我对书的事发了脾气 |
[39:50] | Oh, you don’t have anything to apologize for. Come in. | 你没什么需要道歉的 快进来 |
[39:54] | Well, I’ve changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[39:55] | I’m okay with it being out there, | 它们流通在市面上也没关系 |
[39:57] | so whatever you told your publishers to do, | 所以不管你让出版商去做什么 |
[39:58] | you can tell them to stop. It’s all right. | 可以告诉他们不用了 没事的 |
[40:01] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[40:03] | I read the sequel. | 我读了续集 |
[40:07] | I actually think it’s better than the first. | 我其实觉得比第一本还棒 |
[40:14] | Yeah. A-And you… you made some notes. | 是啊 你…你还做了笔记 |
[40:17] | Just a few. | 就几处 |
[40:19] | I thought we could spend some time and talk about them. | 我觉得咱们可以找时间讨论讨论 |
[40:24] | it would be an honor. | 我很荣幸 |
[40:35] | Cassie? | 凯西 |
[40:36] | Mind if I call you Cassie? | 我能叫你凯西吗 |
[40:39] | I’d call you by your real name, but you’re refusing to give it. | 我也可以叫你的真名 但你不肯说 |
[40:43] | Cassie is fine. | 叫我凯西就行 |
[40:47] | Sorry I missed your arrest and booking, | 抱歉我错过了逮捕你的过程 |
[40:49] | but I’ve been coordinating the effort to identify you. | 但我参与了鉴别你身份的工作 |
[40:53] | To my great surprise, your fingerprints weren’t in AFIS. | 我很惊讶 你的指纹居然在系统里没有记录 |
[40:56] | Of course they aren’t. | 当然没有 |
[40:57] | I’ve never committed any crimes. | 我没犯过任何罪 |
[40:59] | You’ve never been caught. | 你只是没被抓到过 |
[41:01] | Is there a difference? | 有区别吗 |
[41:04] | So how old are you? Really? | 说真的 你多大了 |
[41:06] | Fifteen. | 15岁 |
[41:09] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[41:11] | 25 Twenty-five. | |
[41:14] | Or maybe it’s some other number. | 也可能是其他数字 |
[41:17] | My colleagues showed your photograph to Mina Davenport. | 我同事给米娜·达文波特看了你的照片 |
[41:21] | She says she’s never seen you before. | 她说以前从未见过你 |
[41:24] | You’re also a stranger to Norman Ott. | 诺曼·奥特也不认识你 |
[41:27] | He was taken into custody yesterday. | 他昨天已经被捕了 |
[41:29] | Who? | 谁 |
[41:30] | He wasn’t lying when he said he never met you before. | 他说以前没见过你 并没说谎 |
[41:33] | I could tell. | 我能看出来 |
[41:38] | Would you at least concede you spent some time in Sturbridge? | 你至少会承认你在斯特布里奇待过一阵子吧 |
[41:41] | How else would you know about Mina’s situation? | 不然你怎么会知道米娜的情况 |
[41:44] | I’ve been to lots of places. | 我去过很多地方 |
[41:46] | Have you enjoyed them? | 你喜欢那些地方吗 |
[41:48] | ‘Cause your time of coming and going | 因为你那些四处往来的时光 |
[41:49] | is now squarely in the past. | 已经成为过去了 |
[41:51] | You think I killed that FBI agent, but… | 你觉得我杀了那个联调局探员 可是… |
[41:55] | you don’t have a murder weapon, | 你没找到凶器 |
[41:57] | just some blood in a car. | 只有一辆车里的一些血迹 |
[42:00] | I’ve already come up with six different ways to explain it. | 我已经想好六种借口来解释了 |
[42:04] | Tell me one. | 说一个来听听 |
[42:09] | I hope you come to my trial. | 希望你能来参加我的庭审 |
[42:12] | Should be fun. | 应该会很有意思 |
[42:14] | Think you can lie your way out? | 你觉得能说谎为自己脱罪吗 |
[42:16] | I do. | 没错 |
[42:20] | Now tell me… | 现在来说说… |
[42:23] | am I lying? | 我在说谎吗 |