Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第5集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 10, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第5集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:02] Oscar? 奥斯卡
[00:03] Long time, no speak, huh? 好久没联系了啊
[00:04] – We can talk about Alfredo. – What? -我们可以谈谈阿弗雷多 -什么
[00:06] Well, I’m the one who took him. 是我抓的他
[00:08] You help me find my sister, 你帮我找到我妹妹
[00:09] maybe you’ll see Alfredo alive again. 也许你还能见到活着的阿弗雷多
[00:13] Alfredo! 阿弗雷多
[00:15] 已找到阿弗雷多 他没事 你能接电话吗
[00:16] Hey, I said no phones. 我说过不许带手机
[00:35] Alfredo! 阿弗雷多
[00:36] It’s so great to see you. 见到你真高兴
[00:39] Please, come in. 快进来吧
[00:41] Well, if I’d have known hugs were on the table, 早知道还能跟你拥抱
[00:42] I’d have left Chicago a lot sooner. 我就该早点从芝加哥回来
[00:46] Please, sit down. 快请坐
[00:48] So, you were gone so long, I thought maybe you were moving. 你去了这么久 我还以为你直接搬去住了
[00:51] Sherlock said you got back last week? 夏洛克跟我说你是上周回来的
[00:53] I can only take my sister’s cooking for so long. 实在受不了我妹妹的厨艺了
[00:56] Well, I-I just got through with a meeting. 我刚参加完一场互助会
[00:57] I thought I’d stop by, say hi to Sherlock. 想着可以顺便来看看 跟夏洛克问个好
[01:00] Actually, Sherlock went to a meeting. 其实夏洛克也去互助会了
[01:01] I thought you two might be together. 我还以为你俩在一起呢
[01:03] Well, you’re right that we usually meet up at 11:00, 没错 我们通常是11点碰面
[01:06] but today he was a no-show. 可他今天没有出现
[01:08] Well, something must have come up. 一定有什么别的事
[01:11] Well, the thing is, he hasn’t been to St. Luke’s all week. 其实 他已经有一周没去圣卢克教区了
[01:14] I thought after his relapse, he would be doubling down. 我觉得他之前毕竟复吸了 更该多注意
[01:17] Oh, he has been. Or at least he said he was. 他很注意 至少他是这么说的
[01:20] I mean, it’s hard to imagine he might be avoiding meetings. 我想他应该不会躲着不去互助会吧
[01:23] Maybe it’s not the meetings he’s avoiding. 也许他想回避的不是互助会
[01:27] All the stuff that’s happened– Oscar Rankin, 而是所发生的一切 奥斯卡·兰金
[01:29] me getting tied to a chair– 我还被人绑在了椅子上
[01:30] I only told Sherlock a million times 我都跟夏洛克说过无数次了
[01:32] I don’t blame him. 我不怪他
[01:33] No, he gets it. He understands. 不 他明白的 他能理解
[01:36] And yet, I haven’t seen him since I got back. 然而 我从回来到现在都没见过他
[01:42] Well, whatever’s going on, it’s cool. 不管怎么回事都无所谓
[01:44] I just want to know he’s okay. 我只想知道他没事就好
[01:50] This is Eddie. 我是埃迪
[01:51] I’m either not here or screening my calls. 我没在家或者不想接电话
[01:53] Leave a message. 留言吧
[01:56] Hey, Eddie, it’s Sharon next door. 埃迪你好 我是你的邻居莎伦
[01:58] I think I smell gas coming from your place. 我闻到有瓦斯气味从你家飘过来
[02:00] I’m worried you have a leak. 我担心是你家瓦斯泄露了
[02:02] I’ll try your cell phone, too, and if I can’t get you, 我还会打你手机试试的 如果没联系上你
[02:05] I’ll call the gas company just to make sure everything’s okay. 我会跟燃气公司联系以确保万无一失
[02:08] Thanks. 谢谢
[03:35] Victim’s name was Eddie Ross. 受害者叫埃迪·罗斯
[03:37] We had to I.D. him with dental records. 我们通过牙医记录才确定了他的身份
[03:39] Stabbed in the chest and incinerated. 钝器刺伤胸部且被焚化
[03:41] Did the killer also throw him off a roof? 凶手是不是还把他从房顶上扔了下来
[03:42] He was dead before the fire started. 起火前他已经死亡了
[03:44] Figure there was a struggle, the perp torched the place 可能当时有过搏斗 凶手烧掉了犯罪现场
[03:48] to cover up any evidence he left behind. 来掩盖犯罪证据
[03:50] The neighbor– you said you interviewed her yourself. 那个邻居 你亲自跟她谈过了
[03:52] Yeah. 是的
[03:53] And she smelled a gas leak, as in natural gas? 她闻到了瓦斯泄露 是天然气吗
[03:57] Well, her unit and Ross’s both have gas stoves. 她和罗斯的单元都有燃气灶
[03:59] She thought maybe the pilot went out, 她觉得可能是引燃器熄火了
[04:01] only it didn’t. We checked. 然而并没有 我们查过了
[04:03] So she must have smelled the gasoline, 所以她肯定是闻到了汽油味
[04:05] got mixed up. 跟瓦斯搞混了
[04:06] But they don’t smell the same. 但这两种气味并不一样
[04:07] No, but not everyone has your nose. 对 但不是每个人都有你那种鼻子
[04:10] The fire destroyed any prints on the murder weapon, 大火把凶器上的指纹都破坏了
[04:12] but you can still see the brand etched on the blade. 但仍能看到刻在刀上的标牌
[04:14] It’s an archaeologist’s trowel. 这是把考古用的泥刀
[04:16] Don’t know yet whether it belonged 目前还不知道这把泥刀
[04:17] to the victim or the killer, 是受害人的还是凶手的
[04:18] but we’re canvassing suppliers, 但我们在排查供应商
[04:19] trying to identify the person who bought it. 试着查出购买这把泥刀的人
[04:22] Pretty sure it wasn’t the victim’s. 它肯定不属于受害者
[04:24] Most of the wear 刀上的大部分磨损
[04:25] is on the right edge of the blade, 都在右侧边缘
[04:26] which means it was used by a left-handed person. 也就是说这把刀的使用者是个左撇子
[04:29] But the musculature of the victim’s right arm 但受害者的右臂肌肉组织
[04:31] is more developed than his left. 比左臂更加发达
[04:33] Which means he was probably a righty. 这说明他很可能常用右手
[04:35] So the owner of the murder weapon 那么 这把凶器的主人
[04:37] is a left-handed archaeologist. 是个左撇子考古学家
[04:39] How many of those can there be in New York City? 纽约能有多少这样的人
[04:45] I’m sorry, I just… 抱歉 我…
[04:48] I can’t believe Eddie’s dead. 我无法相信埃迪死了
[04:50] According to his Facebook page you two were a couple, 据他的脸书显示 你俩在去年夏天前
[04:53] right up until last summer? 曾是情侣
[04:56] You don’t think that I… 你们不会以为是我…
[04:57] Honestly, it’s too soon for us to think anything. 说实话 目前下任何结论都为时尚早
[05:00] We’re just getting the lay of the land. 我们只是了解下情况
[05:02] We were together almost two years. 我们曾经在一起大约两年
[05:05] How did you meet? 你俩是怎么结识的
[05:06] Grad school. 读研究生的时候
[05:08] we both studied archaeology. 我们都读考古学专业
[05:10] I was lucky, I… I got a great job. 我很幸运 找到了一份好工作
[05:13] But Eddie, he was… 可埃迪 他…
[05:15] he was still struggling. 他还需要努力
[05:17] And it just came between us. 这成了我俩间的一道坎
[05:21] We stayed friends. 我们还是朋友
[05:23] I still cared about him. 我依然很关心他
[05:26] So can you account for your whereabouts last night? 能说下你昨晚的行踪吗
[05:30] I was giving a seminar on Iranian antiquities down at Penn. 我在宾大做一个有关伊朗文物的研讨会
[05:35] I had breakfast with Dr. Charvat, 今早我跟系主任查瓦特博士
[05:37] the department head, before I came home this morning. 共进了早餐 然后我就回家了
[05:39] All right, we’ll need his number before we go. 好的 我们走之前还需要他的号码
[05:42] Ms. Burstyn, archaeologists 布斯汀女士 考古学家们
[05:44] are very protective of their tools, 都非常珍爱他们的工具
[05:45] so can you tell us 所以你能告诉我们
[05:46] how yours came to be in your ex’s possession? 你的工具怎么会到了你前任手里吗
[05:52] About a week and a half ago, 大约一周半前
[05:53] Eddie came to me and asked to borrow some of our equipment. 埃迪来找我 向我借些我们的工具
[05:56] I-I gave him whatever he wanted. 我把他想要的都给他了
[05:58] Did he say what he was using it for? 他有说是用来做什么的吗
[06:01] A dig. 挖东西
[06:03] He wouldn’t tell me what he was trying to excavate, 他不肯告诉我他在挖些什么
[06:05] but he was excited. 但他很兴奋
[06:08] He said he was onto something big. 说他碰上了不得了的事儿
[06:12] Big as in “Of great historical import” 不得了是指”具有重大历史意义”
[06:14] or “Worth a lot of money”? 还是”值很多票子”
[06:15] I’m-I’m asking because, in either case, 我这么问是因为 不管是哪种情况
[06:17] he may have had some competition. 他都可能遇上了竞争对手
[06:20] Um, I’m-I’m sorry, he… 我很抱歉 他…
[06:23] he didn’t say. 他没说
[06:24] What kind of equipment did you loan him? 你借给他的是什么样的工具
[06:27] stakes and buckets, 一些标桩和桶
[06:28] a-a pickaxe, a shovel… 一把丁字镐 一把铁铲
[06:31] my truck. 还有我的货车
[06:32] Your truck? 你的货车
[06:33] He didn’t have a car. He needed something 他没车 又需要个运输工具
[06:34] to carry all the gear, plus whatever… 来装载所有的装备 还有…
[06:37] whatever it was he was digging for. 还有他要挖的东西
[06:39] Any idea where the truck is now? 知道车现在在哪儿吗
[06:42] I think he just parked it on the street near his place. 我觉得他就把车停在他家附近的街道上了
[06:50] So Eddie Ross’s background check was a bust. 埃迪·罗斯的背景调查没什么收获
[06:53] No criminal record, no enemies, 没有犯罪记录 也没有仇人
[06:55] as far as his friends knew, and no unusual debts. 而且据他朋友所知 也没有什么特殊债务
[06:57] And his ex- girlfriend’s alibi checked out. 他前女友的不在场证明也对上了
[06:59] She was in Philadelphia all last night. 她昨天一整晚都在费城
[07:01] Well, I hope she’s not in a hurry to reclaim her truck. 希望她不急着要回她的卡车
[07:03] It’s gonna need a little while to air out. 还需要些时间来通通风
[07:05] This was what was in her truck? 这就是她卡车里的东西吗
[07:07] First two buckets of 12. 12个桶中的前两个
[07:09] The rest are in the evidence room. 剩下的都在证物室
[07:11] Well, I don’t get it. Eddie’s big find was garbage? 我没明白 埃迪的重大发现就是垃圾吗
[07:14] You’re familiar with garbology? 你熟悉垃圾学吗
[07:17] It’s the study of rubbish. 这种学术研究垃圾
[07:19] Archaeologists employ it to learn more 考古学家用它来深入了解
[07:20] about different cultures. 不同的文化
[07:21] The idea being that we are what we throw away, 其理念是我们扔掉的东西铸就了我们
[07:24] as were the ancient Romans or the first American settlers. 就像古罗马人或美国移民先驱
[07:27] So Eddie’s dig site was at a dump. 这么说埃迪的挖掘地点是个垃圾堆
[07:29] More likely a landfill. Most of the stuff here 更可能是垃圾填埋场 那里的大多数垃圾
[07:32] is from the late ’70s, early ’80s. 都可追溯到70年代末期至80年代早期
[07:35] From our conversation with his ex, 通过与他前女友的谈话
[07:37] I doubt he was studying culture. 我怀疑他并非在研究文化
[07:39] More likely looking for something. He was probably studying 更有可能是在找什么东西 他可能是在
[07:41] this refuse in order to zero in on his prize. 通过研究这些垃圾来瞄准宝物
[07:45] Well, if it was a prize, why would someone throw it away? 要是真的有宝 为什么有人会扔了它
[07:48] One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. 一个人的垃圾可能是另一个人的宝藏
[07:50] Put the word “Vintage” In front of glass bottles, cameras, 把”经典款”加在玻璃杯 照相机
[07:52] trading cards– you can turn a tidy profit. 收藏卡前面 你就能狠赚一把
[07:55] Vintage rainbow suspenders. 经典款彩虹色背带
[07:58] If there’s money in stuff like this, 要是这种玩意儿能赚钱
[07:59] I need to get to my parents’ basement fast. 我得火速到我父母的地下室去
[08:01] Hopefully, the other buckets will yield more insight. 希望剩下的桶能给出更多的线索
[08:07] Oh, hey. Alfredo came by the brownstone yesterday. 对了 阿弗雷多昨天来过褐石屋
[08:12] Yeah. He said you hadn’t been to St. Luke’s all week. 他说你已经一整周没去过圣卢克教区了
[08:15] Uh, he’s correct; I have not. 是真的 我没去过
[08:17] Just wanted to make sure you were doing okay. 他只是想确认你是不是还好
[08:21] What, you’re worried I haven’t been to any meetings? 怎么了 你担心我没去参加互助会吗
[08:25] Well, you can both rest easy. 你们俩都可以放宽心
[08:26] I’ve just been going to different ones. 我只是去了一些不同的互助会
[08:28] Some in Flatbush, 有的在弗莱布许
[08:28] some in the, uh, Kingston Avenue Jewish Center. 有的在金斯顿大道的犹太活动中心
[08:32] Okay. 好吧
[08:33] Even though St. Luke’s is right up the street? 即便圣卢克的互助会就在街那头吗
[08:36] Si… 自
[08:38] Since my relapse, 自从我复吸之后
[08:40] I’ve had to start my program anew. 我就重新开始戒毒程序了
[08:42] My “Days sober” Count has reverted to one, 我的戒毒天数倒退为1
[08:44] so I thought I would have a correspondingly fresh approach 所以我觉得在互助会这件事上
[08:46] in regards to my meetings… all right? 我可以采取相应的全新措施 好吗
[08:50] You know how conducive I find a change of setting 你知道我觉得认真踏实地做好侦探的工作
[08:51] to my work as a detective. 大有裨益
[08:52] I thought the same might apply to my work as an addict. 我认为在戒毒这项工作上可能也是一样的
[08:56] Okay, well, Alfredo just thought that you might be avoiding him 那好吧 阿弗雷多还以为你在躲着他呢
[09:00] because you feel guilty about everything 因为你对发生在奥斯卡身上的一切
[09:01] that went down with Oscar. 感到内疚不已
[09:03] What happened on that day is no reason to avoid my friend. 我没有理由为那天发生的事回避我的朋友
[09:07] Okay, well, then you should check in with him, 好啊 那你就该去看看他
[09:08] let him know you’re doing okay. 让他知道你过得挺好
[09:11] “Reagan for President.” “里根竞选总统”
[09:16] If you’re thinking about sending money, 要是你在考虑送钱过去的话
[09:17] let me save you the trouble. 就别费这个心了
[09:20] What interests me are not the contents of this mail 让我感兴趣的不是这封信里的内容
[09:22] but the fact that it is mail. 而是这是一封信的事实
[09:24] 1980年10月7日 纽约市布鲁克斯区福克斯街137号现任住户收
[09:25] This arrived at this address postmarked October 7, 1980. 邮戳表明这信于1980年10月7日寄达此地址
[09:28] It was then discarded 随后被丢弃
[09:30] and then picked up again and transported to a landfill. 然后又被收集起来 运往了某处垃圾填埋场
[09:33] The same landfill that Eddie was digging in. 埃迪正在挖东西的那个填埋场
[09:36] We can call the Department of Sanitation, 我们可以给卫生部打个电话
[09:39] find out where the garbage from this address 问一下1980年时 这个地址的垃圾
[09:41] was taken to in 1980. 被送到了什么地方
[09:43] Find out where Mr. Ross was digging, 找到罗斯先生挖掘的地点
[09:44] we might find out what he was digging for. 或许就能知道他在挖什么了
[09:48] Okay, so this neighborhood is sitting on top of an old landfill. 这个社区的前身是个垃圾填埋场
[09:52] It was shut down in 1982 填埋场于1982年被关闭
[09:54] and repurposed for new construction. 并且新建了其它建筑
[09:56] Now, we know that the garbage our vic dug up 我们已经知道死者挖出的垃圾
[09:58] came from somewhere right around this block. 就来自这个街区周围
[10:00] What we’re looking for is the exact spot he was working, 我们要找的就是确切的地点
[10:02] along with any witnesses who might have seen him. 以及见过他的目击者
[10:04] I miss anything? 我还漏了什么吗
[10:06] Uh, I would add that, 我想再加一条
[10:07] given the equipment Mr. Ross borrowed, 鉴于罗斯先生所借的工具
[10:08] he was not digging through asphalt or concrete, 他挖的不是沥青或者水泥地
[10:11] so that could further narrow our search 所以我们可以把范围进一步
[10:12] to areas of accessible soil. 缩小为可进入的土地
[10:15] All right, that’s it. Fan out. 好了 就这些 分头行动吧
[10:17] Holler if you find anything. 如果发现什么情况就喊我们
[10:18] 调查信息 埃迪·罗斯
[10:19] Yeah, sure. 是的 没错
[10:21] Guy works for the city, right? 这家伙是为市政府工作的 对吧
[10:23] Is that what he told you? 他是这么跟你说的吗
[10:24] Told me? Guy had I.D. 说的 他有证件的
[10:26] The glowy vest. 还有反光背心
[10:27] He’s been digging up the backyard for a week. 他在后院挖了一个星期了
[10:29] Said something about the power lines, 说是关于输电线的事
[10:30] and it’s a mess back there. I been wanting to ask him 现在后面乱七八糟的 我一直想问问他
[10:32] how much longer he’s gonna be, 到底还要搞多久呢
[10:34] but I haven’t seen the guy for a few days. 可我已经好几天没见过他了
[10:37] Would you mind showing me the spot? 能带我去看看那个地方吗
[10:43] What are you doing? 你在干什么
[10:45] These were chained to a lamppost down the street. 这两辆车锁在街尾的路灯杆上
[10:47] And you figured you’d steal them? 然后你觉得可以直接偷走吗
[10:49] I’m re-stealing them. 我这是偷回来
[10:50] I peruse the crime blotter when I’m bored, 我无聊的时候就会仔细阅读犯罪记事簿
[10:52] and these were stolen in Chelsea last month. 这两辆车是上个月在切尔西被偷的
[10:54] And you’re just gonna walk around with ’em for the rest of the day? 那你打算今天就一直推着它们吗
[10:56] Oh, don’t be ridiculous. This one’s for you. 别闹了 这辆是给你的
[11:03] Watson? 华生
[11:04] I’m behind the townhouses down the block. 我在市政厅后面
[11:06] You guys should get over here. 你们得过来一下
[11:07] You found the dig site? 你发现挖掘现场了吗
[11:09] Not just that. 不仅如此
[11:10] There’s someone digging in it right now. 现在还有人正在挖呢
[11:21] Look, for the last time, I di… I didn’t do anything wrong. 我最后再说一遍 我没做任何违法的事
[11:24] You were digging a hole on someone else’s property. 你在别人的土地上挖了一个大洞
[11:27] So… there’s that. 所以 已经违法了
[11:29] I didn’t know Eddie didn’t have permission. 我不知道埃迪没有获得批准
[11:30] And I didn’t know he was dead until they told me. 而且是他们告诉我我才知道他已经死了
[11:32] I never even met the guy. I mean, not exactly. 我甚至都没见过那家伙 没有直接见过
[11:36] Not exactly? 没有直接见过
[11:37] We posted on the same online discussion board, that’s it. 我们只是在同一个网上讨论区发过帖子而已
[11:40] Can you tell us where you were between the hours 你能告诉我们你午夜十二点
[11:42] of 12:00 midnight and 2:00 A.M.? 到凌晨两点之间在哪吗
[11:44] Is that when he…? 他是不是就在那段时间…
[11:47] I- I was at a video game tournament, at an arcade, 我当时在贝维尔的一个商场
[11:49] out in Bayville. I was there all night, 参加游戏比赛 一晚上都在那
[11:52] I didn’t leave until around 6:00. 我一直到大约六点才走的
[11:54] I was there with friends. I can give you their names. 有几个朋友跟我一起 我可以给你们名字
[11:56] One of them even tweeted some pictures. 其中一个还在推特上发了图片
[11:58] We’ll look into that. In the meantime, 我们会去查的 现在
[12:00] maybe you could tell us what you were doing in that hole. 你是不是该告诉我们你在那挖什么了
[12:04] I wanted to see if Eddie found the games. 我想看看埃迪有没有找到游戏
[12:06] What games? 什么游戏
[12:07] The… games. 那个…游戏
[12:10] I thought you guys already knew. 我以为你们已经知道了
[12:11] I mean, you found the hole, too. 毕竟你们都找到那个洞了
[12:14] We don’t know what Eddie was looking for, so tell us. 我们不知道埃迪在找什么 说吧
[12:16] Nottingham Knights. 《诺丁汉骑士》
[12:19] He was looking for Nottingham Knights. 他在找《诺丁汉骑士》
[12:22] 诺丁汉骑士 金视公司
[12:26] I remember this. 我还记得这个
[12:28] It was made by a company called EmeryVision. 是一家名叫金视的公司生产的
[12:30] My brother and I had one of their consoles when we were kids. 我和我弟弟小时候还有一台他们的游戏机
[12:33] Everyone did. Without EmeryVision, 大家都有 如果没有金视公司
[12:35] you wouldn’t have PlayStation or an Xbox or a Wii. 就不会有各类游戏机
[12:38] Then how would humanity idle away its time– 那为什么人类还要把时间浪费在
[12:40] solving world hunger, curing cancer… 解决全世界饥荒 治愈癌症上呢
[12:44] “Nottingham Knights: “《诺丁汉骑士》
[12:46] The worst game ever.” 史上最差的游戏”
[12:48] Allegedly. 据说而已
[12:50] What do mean, allegedly? 什么意思
[12:51] Nottingham Knights was supposed to be 《诺丁汉骑士》本该是金视公司
[12:53] EmeryVision’s big Christmas release in 1980. 在1980圣诞节发布的重磅游戏产品
[12:55] There was a huge ad push. 当时做了很多广告宣传
[12:57] But the reviews on advance copies were so bad, 可是预览版的评价非常差
[13:00] stores started canceling their orders. 很多商店都取消了订单
[13:01] Yeah, says here EmeryVision 是的 这上面说金视公司
[13:03] was worried it would take down the whole company, 担心这样会影响整个公司
[13:04] so they cut their losses, dropped the release 于是他们及时止损 放弃了发布
[13:07] and hauled every last copy to a landfill. 并把所有成品都扔进了垃圾填埋场
[13:09] So this is what Eddie Ross was digging for? 埃迪·罗斯就是在挖这个吗
[13:12] Bunch of video games that were so bad they were buried? 一堆差得要被填埋的游戏产品
[13:15] Why? 为什么
[13:16] A company opts not to release 公司决定不发布一款
[13:17] a bad product, that’s one thing. 差的产品 这是一回事
[13:19] They decide this product is so colossally bad 他们认为这产品如此之差
[13:21] it has to bury the whole inventory, 不得不埋掉所有存货
[13:22] that’s the stuff of legend. 这可是传说级的
[13:24] Yeah, yeah, it became this thing 没错 没错 它成为了一种传奇
[13:26] that gamers talked about for decades. 在游戏玩家中流传了数十年
[13:29] It was like the Holy Grail. 就像是圣杯一样
[13:31] If the Holy Grail were a plodding, 除非圣杯是个异常无聊
[13:32] pixelated failure banished to a dump. 被扔进垃圾堆的失败像素作品
[13:35] Every few years, somebody would try to find the games. 每隔几年 就有人想要找出那些游戏
[13:38] They’d get their hands on company records 他们去获取公司记录
[13:40] or, uh, track down the sites 或是 搜寻当年
[13:42] where EmeryVision dumped their garbage. 金视公司倒垃圾的地点
[13:46] This year, it was Eddie. 今年 是埃迪
[13:48] He was posting updates on the board. 他在留言板里更新着进度
[13:50] A few days ago, he said he was close, 几天前 他说他很接近了
[13:51] and then… radio silence. 然后 就杳无音信了
[13:54] I went over there today, because I had to see 我今天去那里 是因为我想看看
[13:55] if he’d actually done it. 他是不是成功了
[13:57] And? 然后呢
[13:59] Look, you’re the only one here 这里只有你一个人
[14:00] who’s been in the hole. 进过那个坑
[14:01] Had he found the games? 他找到那游戏了吗
[14:03] I couldn’t tell. There was some stuff 我不知道 那里有一些东西
[14:05] from EmeryVision in there, from the right years– 是属于金视公司的 年份也对
[14:07] a piece of an old console, a few recalled joysticks– 老主机的残骸 一些召回的手柄
[14:10] but I didn’t see any sign of any of the cartridges. 但我没看到任何游戏盒的迹象
[14:13] So maybe the killer took the games. 那也许是凶手拿走了游戏
[14:15] He was an obsessed gamer, just like you. 他是个重度玩家 和你一样
[14:18] Yeah. Or he was just in it for the money. 或者他就只是为了钱
[14:20] Money? What money? 钱 什么钱
[14:23] For the games. 游戏的价钱
[14:25] Those advance copies, 那些高级版本
[14:26] the ones in the original packaging, 装在原始包装中的
[14:27] go for ten grand apiece. 一份大概能卖一千美元
[14:29] If the… legend 如果那传说
[14:30] is true, there would’ve been 是真的 可能会有
[14:31] thousands in that landfill. 上千份埋在那垃圾场里
[14:32] Altogether, you’re talking about a few million bucks. 加在一起 可是几百万美元呢
[14:39] Did I not mention that? 我之前没提过吗
[14:44] ’69 ‘Cuda. 69年的库达
[14:47] Owner wants 40 grand for it, if you’re interested. 车主想卖四万美元 如果你感兴趣的话
[14:51] It would seem my week has a theme of middle-aged men 感觉我这一周的主题就是中年男子
[14:54] clinging to pubescent glory via collectibles. 通过收藏品来追赶自己的青春年华
[14:59] Nice to see you, Alfredo. 很高兴见到你 阿弗雷多
[15:01] Likewise. 我也是
[15:07] I take it Joan told you I stopped by. 看来乔恩告诉你我去拜访过了
[15:10] I’ve been difficult to reach lately. 我最近比较难找到
[15:13] Thought I’d explain. 我想我该解释一下
[15:17] Just about to get some breakfast. 我正准备吃早餐呢
[15:19] Want to join? 要一起吗
[15:27] That’s not breakfast. 那可不算早餐
[15:29] Maybe not where you’re from. 对你来说可能不是
[15:32] Try one. 尝一个
[15:33] I did. Two years, three months, 27 days ago, 我尝过 2年3个月27天前
[15:36] when you first brought a box to a meeting. 当时你带了一盒去参加互助会
[15:40] You do realize pink coconuts do not occur in nature. 你知道粉色椰子不是自然产物把
[15:44] Everyone else loves these donuts. 其他人都很喜欢这些甜甜圈
[15:48] Addicts and alcoholics often crave sugar. 有毒瘾或酒瘾的人会渴求糖分
[15:51] You put frosted rocks in a gingham box, 你把覆了糖霜的石头放进格纹盒子
[15:52] they’d eat those, too. 他们也会都吃了的
[15:55] That’s why you switched meetings? 所以你才更换互助会吗
[15:57] Get better snacks? 为了更好的小吃
[16:00] As you know, 如你所知
[16:02] I’ve found the program immensely helpful over the last few years, 最近几年我发现这戒毒方案对我非常有帮助
[16:07] and my appreciation for that support’s never wavered. 我对那些互助的感激之心从未减弱
[16:12] But, since my relapse, I find the routine 但在我复吸后 我发现老的那一套
[16:15] which used to bring me comfort– the familiar faces, rooms– 也是曾经为我带来舒适的 熟人脸 房间
[16:18] just reminds me of my failure. 只会让我想起我的失败
[16:23] And I’m one of those familiar faces. 而我也是那熟人脸中的一个
[16:26] In… context, yeah. 某种程度上 是的
[16:33] Well, it’s like I always told you– 就像我经常和你说的
[16:35] you gotta be selfish, do what’s right for you. 你需要自私点 做对得起你自己的事
[16:37] Whatever it takes to stay sober. Just… 不惜一切代价保持清醒
[16:40] It’s the only thing that matters. 这才是唯一重要的
[16:44] Obviously, my new regimen should not affect our friendship 显然 我的新养生法不应该影响我们
[16:47] outside of the meetings. 在互助会之外的友谊
[16:50] Of course. 当然
[16:55] So, you… find a new sponsor yet? 那么 你找到新的担保人了吗
[16:59] His predecessor has proven difficult to replace. 他的前任有点难取代
[17:04] Well, don’t take too long. 别花太长时间
[17:06] Fresh faces are good, but… 新面孔是好的 但是
[17:09] you don’t want to try to go it alone. 你不会想要独自面对的
[17:10] That’s the one way the program doesn’t work. 这样戒毒方案可能会失败
[17:15] Sherlock? 夏洛克
[17:16] Study. 研究呢
[17:20] Marcus and I just met with the owner of the building 马库斯和我刚与埃迪挖坑那地方的
[17:23] where Eddie was digging. 业主见了面
[17:24] He had no idea Eddie was back there 他完全不知道埃迪在那里
[17:26] until the super told him about it this morning. 直到监管员今早告诉了他
[17:28] All he wanted to know was who was gonna pay 他只想知道谁会付钱
[17:30] to fix his yard up. 来修好他的院子
[17:32] I’ve been perusing the message boards that Eddie, 我一直在仔细研读埃迪
[17:35] Tyler, and their ilk used to share their appreciation 泰勒 和他们一类人讨论
[17:37] of Nottingham Knights. 《诺丁汉骑士》的留言板
[17:39] You find anything? 有什么发现吗
[17:40] Eddie interacted a number of times 埃迪和一个用户名叫
[17:42] with a user named IntegerOverflow. “整数溢出”的人互动过很多次
[17:46] It appears Mr. Overflow searched for the games himself in 2009, 看起来溢出先生在2009年自己搜寻过游戏
[17:50] but failed to find them. 但没有找到
[17:52] “IntegerOverflow: 整数溢出说
[17:53] “Beachwood only had trash up to ’79. 比奇伍德只有79年前的垃圾
[17:55] “ArtifactEddie: What about Flushing Avenue? 人造品埃迪说 是法拉盛大道吗
[17:58] “IntegerOverflow: The map I have is spotty, 整数溢出说 我的地图不是完整的
[17:59] but you can have it.” 但是你可以得到它
[18:00] Okay. So they were sharing information. 所以他们在交换信息
[18:02] More specifically, IntegerOverflow was sharing 准确地说 是”整数溢出”在分享
[18:05] the benefits of his past efforts. 他经验的成功之处
[18:07] What’s notably absent from these posts is any mention 很明显这些帖子里没有说到
[18:10] of how the maps and other materials passed hands. 地图和其他材料是怎么交换的
[18:14] So you think they met in person? 你认为他们见面了
[18:15] That is a distinct possibility. 有很大的可能性
[18:18] If Eddie found the games with 如果埃迪从”整数溢出”那里
[18:20] so much help from Overflow, 得到了寻找游戏的帮助
[18:22] perhaps Overflow felt entitled to the spoils. 也许”整数溢出”认为自己有权得到奖品
[18:26] Is there any way to get Overflow’s real name? 有办法知道”整数溢出”的真实名字吗
[18:28] I have put that very question to our friends at Everyone. 我已经把问题给了我们在”人人”的朋友
[18:31] I should be hearing back shortly. 应该很快就能得到答复
[18:34] Though I’m loathe to imagine 虽然我很不愿想象
[18:35] what fresh tortures they will conjure up as payment. 作为回报他们会想出什么新招式来折磨我
[18:39] Oh. How’d it go with Alfredo? 和阿弗雷多谈得怎么样
[18:43] We are both aware of the unintended 我们都清楚我常规行为的改变
[18:44] yet unavoidable consequences to my changes in routine. 引发了一些无意的但又不可避免的后果
[18:48] When we made the transition from sponsorship to friendship, 当我们从保证人关系变为朋友关系
[18:51] we made the occasional effort to socialize. 我们做了些临时努力来维持交际
[18:54] But it became apparent that our shared experience in recovery 但后来越发明显 我们在恢复期的共同经历
[18:58] was our friendship. 就是我们的友谊
[19:00] So I guess you two don’t have much else in common. 我猜你们没有其他的共同点了
[19:04] In the same way that many drug users only relate to one another 就像吸毒者之间的关系是他们都吸毒一样
[19:07] because they use drugs, the thing that Alfredo and I did together 我和阿弗雷德的共同点
[19:09] was not use them, so… 是我们都不吸毒 所以
[19:13] It is a conundrum, to be sure. 这无疑是个难题
[19:26] It’s from Everyone. 是”人人”送来的
[19:43] 把我打通关 土星之剑
[19:50] “Finish me.” 把我打通关
[20:03] – Look out! – I’m looking out. -小心 -我小心着呢
[20:05] You have to go left. Left! 你要往左边走 左边
[20:06] Do you mind? 你能别说话吗
[20:07] I’m trying to help. 我在试着帮你
[20:11] Your help has just resulted in that man’s murder. 你的帮助刚刚导致了那个人被谋杀
[20:13] Again. 又一次
[20:14] Okay, first of all, he wasn’t murdered– 好吧 首先 他没有被谋杀
[20:15] he was zapped into another dimension. 他被困在了其他次元
[20:17] And second of all, he still has two lives left. 其次 他还剩两条命呢
[20:19] Of course, that’s what happens in real life. 当然 这就是现实生活中会发生的
[20:21] If you die, you get two more chances. 如果你死了 你还有两条命
[20:23] Somewhere, two more Eddie Rosses 某个地方 还有两个埃迪·罗斯
[20:25] have just resumed digging their hole. 又开始继续挖洞了
[20:27] Okay, don’t get grumpy with me just because 别因为”人人”让你玩这个老电子游戏
[20:29] Everyone is making you finish this old video game. 就跟我发脾气
[20:31] What are you even supposed to do once you’re finished? 你通关了又该怎么做
[20:33] It’s not like they left us instructions. 他们又没有给我们留下任何指示
[20:34] Well, obviously they want proof that I finished the game. 很显然他们想要我游戏通关的证据
[20:36] So I’m sure a photograph of the final screen will suffice. 所以我相信有游戏通关的照片就足够了
[20:38] And then Everyone will provide us with IntegerOverflow’s real name. 然后人人就会给我们”整数溢出”的真名了
[20:46] May I? 我能试试吗
[20:53] According to my research, Swords of Saturn 根据我的调查
[20:55] was one of the best games of the era. 土星之剑是那个时代的最好的游戏之一
[20:58] If Nottingham Knights was one of the worst, 如果诺丁汉骑士是最差的
[20:59] then consignment to a landfill was too kind a fate. 那么被送到垃圾场是很好的命运了
[21:04] Well, it appears you have some aptitude for avoiding digital blobs. 显然你有躲避电子斑点的天赋
[21:08] I told you. I had one of these consoles growing up. 我告诉过你 我小时候有个这种控制器
[21:09] I’ve played this game before. 我以前玩过这个游戏
[21:11] A fact you could’ve shared several hours ago. 你几小时前就可以分享这个事实
[21:16] Yes! Yes. 太好了
[21:18] My hero. 我的英雄
[21:19] Okay, so where do you want this sent? 好了 你想让我把这个发送到哪里
[21:22] Well, it appears we don’t have to send it anywhere. 显然我们不用发送到任何地方了
[21:25] Oh. “Sound by Integer Overflow.” 音效制作 “整数溢出”
[21:28] So making us play the game wasn’t the price of the answer– 让我们玩游戏不是得到答案的代价
[21:30] it was the answer. 游戏本身就是答案
[21:31] This is elegant, even by Everyone’s standards. 就算以”人人”的标准 这也太简洁了
[21:34] All right. So now all we have to do is find out 好了 现在我们只需要找出
[21:37] who designed the sound for this game. 谁制作了这个游戏的音效
[21:39] There’s got to be a record somewhere. 一定有地方有记录
[21:40] Check the Internet. I’m going to go ice my thumb. 上网查查 我要去冰敷我的手指了
[21:47] You think I killed Eddie Ross 你们认为我因为《诺丁汉骑士》
[21:50] over the Nottingham Knights games. 杀了埃迪·罗斯
[21:52] You do go by the online handle IntegerOverflow, do you not? 你的网名是”整数溢出”对吧
[21:56] I do. 我是
[21:57] And can you tell us where you were two nights ago, 你能告诉我们两个晚上前
[21:59] around 2:00 a.m.? 凌晨两点你在哪里吗
[22:00] Here. Alone. 在这里 一个人
[22:02] You and Eddie were in communication on and off the discussion board. 你和埃迪在讨论区偶尔交流
[22:04] We think he may have found a stash of video games 我们认为他由于你的帮助
[22:06] worth millions of dollars thanks to your help. 可能找到了价值百万的电子游戏的藏匿处
[22:11] We suspect that your career as a composer 我们怀疑你制作震耳欲聋的电子音乐的事业
[22:14] of ear-splitting digital music peaked in the early ’80s. 在80年代早期达到了顶点
[22:16] So perhaps when Eddie found those games, 也许当埃迪找到了那些游戏
[22:18] you felt your ship had finally come in. 你觉得你的机会终于来了
[22:22] I’m sorry. Is there something funny about all this? 不好意思 这有什么好笑的吗
[22:25] Little bit. 有一点
[22:26] You want to let us in on the joke? 你介意让我们也笑笑吗
[22:28] You’re way off. 你们说的太扯了
[22:30] I didn’t kill Eddie, 我没有杀埃迪
[22:32] and I didn’t take any Nottingham Knights games. 我也没有拿走任何《诺丁汉骑士》
[22:36] No one could’ve taken them. 没人能拿走它们
[22:38] And why’s that? 为什么
[22:40] Come on. I’ll show you. 来吧 我给你们看
[22:58] I understand you’re new at this, Mr. Ostrin, 我明白你没遇过这种事 奥斯特林先生
[23:00] but revealing you’re in possession of the very items 但让我们知道你拥有一些物品
[23:02] we believe a man was killed over 而我们相信有人正是因这些物品而被杀害
[23:05] is not a great way of clearing yourself. 这可不是证明自己清白的好方式
[23:06] These are the games that EmeryVision dumped 这些就是金视公司在1980年
[23:09] in a landfill in 1980. 扔在填埋场的游戏光碟
[23:11] Only no one killed Eddie over them. 只是没人因此杀了埃迪
[23:15] Because Eddie didn’t find them. 因为埃迪根本没找到它们
[23:18] I did. 我找到的
[23:19] Six years ago. In a totally different landfill. 六年前 在另一个填埋场
[23:22] And you can prove that? 你能证明吗
[23:24] Only with about 100 hours of video. 我只有约100小时的视频可以证明
[23:28] I recorded every step. 我记录了整个过程
[23:29] Thought it would make for a good documentary one day. 觉得有一天能做成一部不错的纪录片
[23:32] You were helping him on the discussion board. 可你却在讨论区给他帮忙
[23:35] I was leading him on a wild-goose chase. 我是在引导他做徒劳无功的事
[23:39] Looks like you’ve been on one, too. 看起来你们也白跑一趟了
[23:42] Sorry, but whatever Eddie found in that hole, 抱歉 但无论埃迪在洞里发现了什么
[23:46] it wasn’t these games. 都不是这些游戏
[23:55] Dwight Ostrin’s story checks out. 德怀特·奥斯特林说的是真的
[23:58] And he’s had the Nottingham Knights games for six years. 他拿到那些《诺丁汉骑士》已经六年了
[24:00] He held onto his digging permits, video footage, 他保存着当时的挖掘许可 视频资料
[24:03] even nondisclosure agreements from the crew that helped him. 甚至还有当时帮忙的工作人员的保密协定
[24:06] Pretty thorough for a guy 作为发现了游戏却隐瞒消息的人
[24:07] who was hiding the fact that he found ’em. 他考虑得颇为周全
[24:09] He knew he might need to authenticate the discovery someday. 他知道某天自己可能需要证实这个发现
[24:12] In the meantime, he’s been selling one online, every few months, 与此同时 他每隔几个月都在网上卖一张
[24:15] and claiming it was one of the advance copies 宣称这是泰勒·埃格特
[24:17] Tyler Eggert told us about, 跟我们说的那种样本版
[24:18] the ones that went out to reviewers in 1980. 那些1980年交给评审员的版本
[24:20] Got almost ten grand apiece for them. 每张几乎都卖到一万美元
[24:23] If they’re so valuable, why sit on them? 如果这些碟这么值钱 为什么不全卖掉
[24:25] Why keep them a secret? 为什么要保密
[24:26] Supply and demand. 供求问题
[24:27] They’re only valuable because they’re so rare. 它们值钱是因为很稀有
[24:29] And there’s only a small 而且只有一小波人
[24:30] number of people who’d spend money on them. 愿意在这上面花钱
[24:32] Flood the market with 1,000 copies, 如果有一千张流入市场
[24:34] and the price would plummet. 价格就会急转直下
[24:36] Best thing he could do was act like he never found them, 他能做的就是装作根本没发现它们
[24:38] keep feeding the hype around the legend. 继续对其传奇性大肆宣传
[24:40] That’s why he was pretending to help Eddie. 这就是为什么他要装作帮助埃迪
[24:43] So where’s this leave us? 那我们现在有何进展
[24:44] Not quite square one, but close. 没回到原点但也差不多了
[24:47] We haven’t been able to find anyone 我们现在还没能发现有谁
[24:48] who had a problem with Eddie. 和埃迪有矛盾
[24:49] It’s possible he walked in on a burglar, 很有可能是他遇上了小偷
[24:51] but as far as his family can tell, 但根据他家人的说法
[24:53] nothing of value is missing from his apartment. 他公寓里没有丢失什么值钱的物品
[24:55] Nothing they knew about, at least. 至少不是他们认为值钱的物品
[24:56] What do you mean? 什么意思
[24:58] Eddie was out of work and single. 埃迪失业而且单身
[25:00] He had nothing else going on in his life aside from the dig. 他的生活中除了那次挖掘什么都没发生
[25:03] It still feels like it’s the best lead we have. 看起来这仍然是我们最好的线索
[25:05] So you think he went looking for the games 所以你觉得他去找那些游戏
[25:06] and he found something else? 却发现了别的东西
[25:08] Well, maybe there was some other kind of hidden treasure, 也许是别人会觊觎的
[25:10] one that somebody else wanted. 其他类型的宝藏
[25:12] Send CSU back to the hole he dug. 派犯罪现场调查小组去他挖的那个洞
[25:14] See if anything new comes up. 看看有什么新线索
[25:17] I will, but the building owner won’t be too happy about it. 明白 但大楼所有者不会很高兴
[25:21] He wants the hole filled. He gave us an earful 他想把洞填上 我们昨天去拜访时
[25:23] when we went to see him yesterday. 他还向我们抱怨来着
[25:24] Well, tell him I got his earful right here. 告诉他有抱怨可以跟我说
[25:27] Feel free to give him my number. 尽管把我的号码给他
[25:38] Sherlock. 夏洛克
[25:41] Martin. 我是马丁
[25:43] Yes, I remember. 是 我记得
[25:45] Ah. Got your 30-day chip last week, right? 上周拿到了你的三十日奖章 对吧
[25:48] I did. 是的
[25:49] Feels good, right? 感觉很不错吧
[25:50] You should be proud. 你应该很骄傲
[25:52] Yes, well, actually, it’s my second time. 是的 实际上 这是我第二次了
[25:54] I, um… Prior to last month, 在上周之前
[25:56] I had three years. 我三年没吸
[26:00] Did better than me. 比我好多了
[26:02] Four relapses in my first three years. 刚开始的三年我复吸了四次
[26:05] Didn’t think I was gonna make it. 没想过自己能戒掉
[26:06] But look at me now– 22 years clean. 但看我现在 22年没吸过了
[26:27] There’s more, you know. 那边还有
[26:30] What? 什么
[26:31] Donuts. Over there. 甜甜圈 那边
[26:39] You okay? 你还好吗
[26:41] Was there another meeting here earlier? 这儿之前还有另一场互助会吗
[26:44] Yeah, there was one at 8:00. Why? 对 八点有过一场 怎么了
[26:54] Joan? 乔恩
[26:55] Yeah. Back here. 在后面
[27:00] Is this everything the Department of Sanitation sent over? 这些是卫生部送过来的全部资料吗
[27:02] Yes, records for all the other companies 对 在埃迪挖游戏的那个填埋场
[27:04] that dumped their garbage in the same landfill where Eddie was digging. 倒垃圾的所有公司的资料
[27:07] Hmm. Did any of them throw 他们之中有谁
[27:09] anything away that sounds like treasure? 扔掉什么值钱的东西了吗
[27:10] No. Actually, just the opposite. 没有 事实上恰恰相反
[27:12] But the name Corrigan Chemical came up a few times. 不过科里根化工这名字出现了几次
[27:15] I recognized the name, so I did a search. 我记得这名字 于是查了查
[27:17] It turns out that Corrigan was caught 结果发现科里根曾于1985年被抓到
[27:19] illegally dumping toxic chemicals in two other landfills in 1985. 在另外两处填埋场非法倾倒有毒化学物
[27:24] You’re thinking maybe they did the same thing here? 你觉得他们也许在这里做了同样的事
[27:27] Say they did, and Eddie found proof, 假设他们真做了 而埃迪发现了证据
[27:29] and then threatened to go public. 于是威胁要公之于众
[27:32] Someone at that company might have killed him to keep him quiet. 可能是那公司的某人杀了他灭口
[27:35] Detective Bell? 贝尔警探
[27:37] Amy Kim. 我是艾米·金
[27:39] I heard you have questions about Corrigan. 听说您有些问题 关于科里根的
[27:41] Yeah. This is my colleague, Ms. Watson. 对 这是我的同事华生小姐
[27:43] Actually, we’re a little confused. 事实上 我们有点困惑
[27:44] We thought this was Corrigan. 我们以为这里是科里根公司
[27:46] Brower acquired Corrigan in 1998. 布劳尔公司于1998年并购了科里根
[27:48] We keep this as the address of record, 我们在地址存档上仍留着这个名字
[27:50] so any inquiries come here. 所以有相关问题都会转来这里
[27:51] Handling those inquiries is part of my job. 处理这些问题是我的部分工作
[27:54] So, how can I help? 那么 我能怎么帮你们
[27:56] Actually, it’s probably best if we discuss it in private. 事实上 我们可能私下谈谈会比较好
[28:04] This is the first I’m hearing of any of this. 这是我第一次听说这些
[28:06] Your victim– Mr. Ross? 你们的受害者 罗斯先生
[28:08] I can assure you he never approached us. 我可以保证他从没找过我们
[28:11] Couple of hours ago, the EPA ran some tests 几小时前 环保局对罗斯先生
[28:13] on the soil Mr. Ross took from the landfill. 从填埋场带走的土壤做了检测
[28:16] The results showed high levels of dioxin. 结果表明有高含量的二氧杂芑
[28:19] That’s the chemical your company 这是你们公司被控
[28:20] was charged with dumping illegally at two other sites. 在另外两处填埋场非法倾倒的东西
[28:23] Not our company. Corrigan. 不是我们公司 是科里根
[28:25] We acquired them after these incidents took place. 我们是在这些事故发生后并购他们的
[28:28] Whatever they did before isn’t our responsibility. 他们以前做的事我们概不负责
[28:30] I could see how that would be Brower’s position, but… 我能明白布劳尔的立场 不过
[28:33] It’s a fact, and to be honest, 这是事实 说实话
[28:35] I don’t think Corrigan would be held liable, either. 我也不认为科里根应该负责
[28:38] What do you mean? 什么意思
[28:39] They hired an independent contractor 他们雇了个独立承包商
[28:41] to dispose of their hazardous waste. 来处理他们的有害垃圾
[28:43] They paid the full rates for a proper disposal. 他们付了全额的妥善处理费
[28:46] The contractor, apparently, cut corners 承包商显然抄了近路
[28:48] and disposed of the waste illegally 将有害垃圾申报为惰性材料
[28:50] by reporting it as inert materials. 做了非法处理
[28:54] None of that has anything to do with Brower. 这些都与布劳尔公司无关
[28:56] A court might feel differently. 但法庭可能会有不同意见
[28:58] Maybe, but so far, 也许吧 但目前为止
[29:00] the courts have ruled in our favor. 法庭的裁决都是对我方有利的
[29:02] Three similar cases have come up 我来这里工作后
[29:04] since I started here, 曾发生过三次类似的案件
[29:05] and Brower was cleared of liability in all three. 但布劳尔公司三次都被裁定无责任
[29:09] I can show you the cases. 我可以给你们看卷宗
[29:11] In one of them, the state paid for the whole cleanup. 有一起由控方支付了全额清理费
[29:16] In another, the current property owner was on the hook. 还有一起 现任房产的所有者被套牢了
[29:21] Are you talking about 你是说那个
[29:21] the person who bought the property after the landfill was sealed? 在垃圾场被查封后买下了房产的人吗
[29:25] Yeah, doesn’t seem fair, does it? 对 好像不太公平是吧
[29:27] But that’s how the Superfund law works. 但超级基金法就是这么运作的
[29:29] It’s like buying a used car. 就像买一辆二手车
[29:30] You need to check under the hood, 你得打开引擎盖仔细查看
[29:32] because once you pay for it, it’s yours, warts and all. 因为一旦交了钱 它就彻底属于你了
[29:36] The building owner. 房子的所有者
[29:38] The one who was in a hurry to fill in the hole that Eddie Ross dug. 那个急于填补埃迪挖出的洞的人
[29:41] Maybe that’s not just because it’s an eyesore. 也许不仅因为那洞有碍观瞻
[29:45] Mr. Brice, when Ms. Watson and I visited you in your office yesterday, 布莱斯先生 昨天我和华生小姐拜访你时
[29:48] we asked you if you’d ever heard of Eddie Ross. 我们问你是否听说过埃迪·罗斯
[29:50] You told us you hadn’t. 你说没有
[29:52] Thing is, we went back and had a longer conversation 但我们又回来跟你的秘书伊莱恩
[29:54] with your secretary Elaine. 长谈了一次
[29:56] You should know, she’s very loyal to you. 你该知道 她对你非常忠诚
[29:58] She started out insisting she didn’t remember anything. 她一开始坚称什么都不知道
[30:00] Once we pointed out to her 等我们指出
[30:01] that she could go to prison for hindering prosecution, 她可能会因妨碍司法而进监狱
[30:03] her memory cleared up. 她就什么都想起来了
[30:05] She said that Eddie came to your office twice. 她说埃迪去过你办公室两次
[30:08] The first time was about two weeks ago. 第一次是两周前
[30:11] According to Elaine, 据伊莱恩说
[30:12] he asked your permission to dig behind your building. 他向你征求许可在你房子后面挖东西
[30:15] Your super said he claimed to work for the city, 你的监管员说他声称是为市政府工作的
[30:17] so we’re guessing you said no. 所以我们猜你当时拒绝了
[30:21] Elaine is a sweet woman, but she’s obviously mistaken. 伊莱恩是个可爱的女人 但她明显搞错了
[30:25] I don’t recall any of this. 我完全不记得有这种事
[30:26] Which makes all of it 所以一切最多就只能是
[30:27] “He-said, she-said” At best. 他说了什么 她又说了什么
[30:30] Sounds to me like you coerced a statement. 我听着倒像是你们强行逼了供
[30:33] We’ll see if a judge agrees. 咱们看法官会不会认同吧
[30:35] Well, it’s understandable you don’t remember. 你不记得也可以理解
[30:36] You’re a busy man. 你是个大忙人
[30:38] And Eddie Ross’s hunt for discarded video games 而埃迪·罗斯搜集废弃电玩的事
[30:40] probably ranks quite low on your list of priorities. 在你的待办清单上应该排名很低吧
[30:43] But we imagine his second visit 但我们猜想他的第二次到访给
[30:44] left a more lasting impression. 给你留下了更加难以磨灭的印象吧
[30:45] The only thing that your secretary could tell us about it 你的秘书只告诉我们
[30:47] was that you quickly pulled Eddie behind closed doors. 你迅速把艾迪拉进去并关上了门
[30:50] See, we think he’d approached you 你看 我们认为他找你
[30:52] with evidence of what he’d found. 是带着他找到的证据
[30:54] Chemical drums that contained toxic waste. 带有有毒废物的化学桶
[30:57] He had the expertise to identify the drums. 他有鉴别出那些桶的专业知识
[30:59] He had the equipment to test the soil. 也有能检测土壤的设备
[31:02] He almost certainly understood what he had found 他一定明白了他发现了什么
[31:04] and its ramifications to you. 而对你来说可是节外生枝
[31:06] Now, perhaps he came to you in good faith, 也许他带着善意找到了你
[31:09] to give you a chance to remedy the situation, 想给你一个弥补的机会
[31:11] or perhaps he offered to forget what he had seen 也可能他提议会忘了他看到的一切
[31:14] in exchange for a tidy sum. 以换取一大笔奖金
[31:15] Either way, you settled on a third option. 不管怎样 你落实了第三种选项
[31:18] I did some research. 我做了些研究
[31:20] It turns out your building is in escrow, 结果发现你的楼已经跟周围一排产业一起
[31:22] along with a row of adjacent properties. 由第三方暂管了
[31:24] You’re about 15 days away 你还有15天左右
[31:25] from closing on a ten-million-dollar sale. 就要敲定一笔千万美元的买卖了
[31:28] Toxic waste would have been a deal killer. 有毒废物可能会毁了一切
[31:30] You’d be out all that money, not to mention 你的所有钱都会打水漂
[31:32] facing lawsuits from all of your tenants. 更别提还会面临所有房客的诸多指控
[31:34] Much easier to just get rid of Eddie Ross. 直接摆脱埃迪·罗斯可容易多了
[31:37] Right? 对吗
[31:39] Brower Chemical, the company that bought the company 布劳尔化工 他们买下了处理废物的公司
[31:41] that did the dumping, has been cooperating fully. 他们可非常合作呢
[31:44] Using their records, 通过他们的记录
[31:46] we’ve been able to figure out exactly 我们弄清了那个垃圾堆里
[31:48] how many drums of waste were buried at that landfill. 到底掩埋了多少废物桶
[31:51] We executed a search warrant on your property this afternoon, 今天下午我们执行了对你产业的搜查
[31:56] using ground-penetrating radar. 用的切土雷达
[31:58] And guess what? 你猜怎么着
[32:00] You’re two drums short. 你少了两个桶
[32:02] Obviously, they’re the two drums 很明显就是埃迪在挖掘时
[32:04] that Eddie uncovered when he was digging. 发现的那两个
[32:06] So, who aside from you, would have had reason to move them? 那么除了你 还有谁有理由去转移它们呢
[32:10] I’d like a moment alone with my attorney. 我想跟我的律师单独待一会
[32:18] You’re not even gonna try to read lips. 你不会是想读唇语吧
[32:21] Their backs are to us. 他们背对着我们呢
[32:22] Well, it’s never stopped you before. 以前可没阻碍过你
[32:24] Oh, how was the meeting? 互助会怎么样
[32:27] When Alfredo came to the brownstone the other day, 阿弗雷多来褐石屋那天
[32:29] you’re certain that he said I hadn’t been to 你确定他说 我上周没去参加
[32:30] any of the meetings at St. Luke’s last week? 圣卢克教区的任何互助会吗
[32:32] Yes. 对
[32:33] And those were his exact words? 他原话就是这么说的吗
[32:34] Yes. Why? 对 怎么了
[32:43] My client’s statement. 我当事人的证词
[32:45] He admits to having removed the drums. 他承认转移了那些桶
[32:47] He was just getting around 他正准备跟买家们解释
[32:48] to letting the buyer know about them. 好让他们知情
[32:50] The sale will probably fall through, and you’re right– 交易可能会落空 你是对的
[32:52] he’ll probably face some civil complaints– 他可能会面临一些民事投诉
[32:54] but what he won’t be facing is a murder charge. 但他不会面临谋杀罪的指控
[32:56] How do you figure that? 你怎么知道
[32:58] Your client still hasn’t accounted 你的当事人还没解释
[32:59] for his whereabouts three nights ago. 他三晚前的行踪
[33:01] There’s the name and address 这是霍博肯市
[33:02] of a garage out in Hoboken. 一个车库的名称和地址
[33:04] My client’s company keeps a truck there. 我当事人的公司在那边存了辆货车
[33:07] I’m sure they have security cameras. 我相信他们有监控
[33:08] I’d recommend you review the footage 1:00 a.M. That night. 我建议你们看看那晚凌晨一点左右的画面
[33:12] Should answer all your questions. 应该能解答你们的所有疑问
[33:21] Just like he wrote in his statement. 跟他在证词里写的一样
[33:23] He hired those workers to move the drums, 他雇了那些工人转移化学桶
[33:25] and he let them use his company’s truck to do it. 并让他们用了自己公司的卡车
[33:27] And he did it at the same time 而这跟埃迪·罗斯家着火
[33:29] the fire broke out at Eddie Ross’s place. 是在同一时间
[33:31] A despicable alibi, but an alibi nonetheless. 不太光彩 但的确是不在场证明
[33:36] Duncan Brice is not our killer. 邓肯·布莱斯不是凶手
[33:50] What are you doing? 你干什么呢
[33:51] I’m punishing my brain. 我在惩罚我的大脑
[33:53] And what did your brain do to deserve punishment? 你大脑做什么了要受罚
[33:55] It’s what it didn’t do. 应该问它该做什么而没做
[33:57] We know that Duncan Brice is an abhorrent human being 我们知道邓肯·布莱斯是个可恶的人
[33:59] who’d rather hide evidence of toxic waste 他宁愿把有毒废物的证据藏起来
[34:01] than protect his tenants. 也不愿保护他的房客
[34:03] And he’s almost certainly behind the death of Eddie Ross. 他也无疑是埃迪·罗斯之死的幕后主使
[34:06] Right. He had an accomplice– someone who went to kill Eddie 对 他有同谋 那人在邓肯处理桶的时候
[34:08] while Duncan dealt with the drums. 杀了埃迪·罗斯
[34:09] That’s why we went to separate quarters– 所以我们才要待在各自的房间
[34:11] to try and figure out who it was, right? 好弄清到底是谁 对吗
[34:13] I’ve been pouring through the man’s life for hours now, 我已经花了几小时来梳理这人的人生
[34:14] trying to find someone he would plausibly approach for such a task, 想找出某个他可能找来执行这种任务的人
[34:17] and I have nothing to show for it. 毫无线索
[34:20] How fares your brain? 你的大脑进展如何了
[34:22] Actually, it thinks it found something. 事实上 它觉得它有些发现了
[34:26] Four years ago, there was a fire that gutted a building 四年前 有一场大火烧毁了
[34:28] owned by Duncan Brice. 邓肯·布莱斯拥有的一栋楼
[34:30] It was ruled accidental, but… 最后被判为意外 不过
[34:33] the building was well-insured. 那楼是享有充分保险的
[34:34] They payout was in the millions. 保额高达百万
[34:38] You’re suggesting this fire was set deliberately? 你是说有人故意放火的
[34:41] It wouldn’t be the first time 这不会是第一次
[34:41] someone like Brice used insurance to finance a rebuild. 有像布莱斯那样的人利用保险来融资重建
[34:45] Let’s say I’m right. 先假设我是对的吧
[34:47] Four years ago, he hires an arsonist. 四年前 他雇了个纵火犯
[34:49] Then, three nights ago, 后来 三晚前
[34:50] he realized he needed Eddie Ross dead. 他意识到他需要埃迪·罗斯死
[34:53] Now, Brice isn’t a Mob boss. 布莱斯不是个黑帮大佬
[34:55] He doesn’t know dozens of criminals for hire. 他可不认识很多纵火犯
[34:56] He only knows one, so he calls him. 他只认识一个 所以他打给了他
[34:59] If this was arson– and that’s a considerable “If”– 如果这是纵火罪 而且是很有可能的”如果”
[35:02] it was carried out so meticulously 那可处理得非常干净
[35:04] that it was never detected. 完全没被发现
[35:05] Eddie Ross’s murder was a mess. 埃迪·罗斯的死可是一团糟
[35:08] The weapon used was one of opportunity– 使用的凶器就是很好的切入点
[35:10] a trowel left lying around. 有一把泥铲被留在了现场
[35:12] Now, no one goes to commit a murder 没有一个蓄意谋杀的人
[35:14] hoping there’s going to be a weapon handy, 会指望现场能有趁手的武器
[35:16] least of all a professional. 尤其是专业杀手
[35:17] I thought about that, and then I remembered 我想过 然后想起了你那天
[35:19] something you said in the morgue the other day. 在停尸间说的一些话
[35:21] Eddie’s neighbor told police 埃迪的邻居告诉警方
[35:22] she smelled gas, not gasoline. 她闻到了瓦斯味 不是汽油
[35:24] Marcus thought she got confused, but what if she didn’t? 马库斯以为她记混了 可万一真是如此呢
[35:27] Go on. 继续
[35:29] What if the killer was planning to set a fire 要是凶手想放一场火
[35:30] that was supposed to look like a gas leak, 希望看起来像瓦斯泄漏造成的意外
[35:32] but then Eddie woke up and walked in on him? 可埃迪正好醒了 撞见了他呢
[35:34] Once things got messy, 一旦事情开始混乱
[35:35] there’d be no point in staging a fire that looked accidental. 就不可能看起来像意外了
[35:38] So he replaced the gas with petrol. 于是他用汽油替换了瓦斯
[35:40] Needed to be sure he left no trace of himself on the body. 他得确保尸体上没留下线索能查到他
[35:44] Figure out who committed this arson… 查清谁放了这场火
[35:48] then maybe we’ll figure out who committed this one. 也许我们就能查出谁放了这场火
[36:01] Anything you have to say, call my lawyer. 不管你要说什么 先打给我的律师
[36:03] I’m not talking to you without him. 他不在场我什么都不会说
[36:04] Actually, you’re not going to have to do any talking at all. 其实你根本什么都不用说了
[36:07] Nice building. 这楼不错
[36:08] Can see why you’d want to have offices in it. 能理解你为什么想在这里办公
[36:10] The building that used to occupy this space was a dump, 以前这地方可是个垃圾场
[36:13] so, it’s a small wonder you had it burned down 只是个猜测 你让人烧了它
[36:15] so your insurance company would pay for an upgrade. 好让你的保险公司买单让你重建升级
[36:18] Is the NYPD looking for a slander suit? 纽约警局想被控诽谤吗
[36:21] You hired a professional torch named Vladimir Orlov 你雇了个叫弗拉基米尔·奥洛夫的职业纵火犯
[36:24] to set a fire in this building four years ago, 四年前放火烧了这栋楼
[36:27] and to kill Eddie Ross four nights ago. 并于四晚前杀了埃迪·罗斯
[36:29] No. I’ve never seen that man before. 不 我从来没见过这人
[36:31] When this building burned down in 2011, 这栋楼2011年被烧时
[36:34] the smoke detector in the unit 最先起火那个单元的
[36:35] where the fire started never went off. 烟雾报警器一直没响过
[36:37] The batteries were dead, 电池没电了
[36:38] even though the building manager swore 虽然大楼管理员发誓
[36:40] he had just replaced them a week before. 说他一周前才刚换过
[36:42] There was no other sign of foul play, 没有其他迹象表明是不正当行为
[36:44] so no one thought much of it. 所以没人多想
[36:45] But after everything that’s happened 但经过最近几天发生的这些事
[36:47] the last few days, it jumped out at us. 当初的真相就浮出水面了
[36:50] We wonder– did your arsonist replace the fresh batteries 我们怀疑 你的纵火犯是不是用旧电池
[36:52] with dead ones to delay the arrival of the fire department? 换走了新电池 以拖延消防局赶到的时间
[36:55] And if he did so in 2011, 如果他在2011年这么干过
[36:56] did he also do so in 2015? 他是否在2015年也这么干了呢
[36:58] Turns out he had. 事实证明果然如此
[36:59] But when things went sideways, 但当事情脱离了正轨
[37:00] and he had to undo the fire he was planning to set, 他得撤销他想放的火
[37:03] he put the good batteries back into Eddie’s smoke detector. 于是他把新电池重新放回了埃迪的报警器
[37:06] Unfortunately for him, 对他来说很不幸的是
[37:07] well, and for you, 对你也一样
[37:09] the new fire was concentrated around Eddie’s body. 新的火集中在了埃迪尸体周围
[37:11] Didn’t do any damage to the smoke detector, 对烟雾报警器没造成任何损坏
[37:13] or to the prints Vladimir Orlov left on the batteries. 也没破坏弗拉基米尔留在电池上的指纹
[37:16] We’ve had him in custody the last few hours. 过去几小时我们一直拘留着他
[37:19] He named you as the guy who hired him to kill Eddie Ross. 他供出了你和雇他杀埃迪·罗斯的人
[37:25] Duncan Brice, you’re under arrest. 邓肯·布莱斯 你被捕了
[37:28] You have the right to remain silent. 你有权保持沉默
[37:29] Anything you say can be used against you in court. 但你说的每一句话都将成为呈堂证供
[37:38] You know what doesn’t scare me at all? 知道有什么事完全吓不住我吗
[37:40] Coming back to my garage 回到我的车库
[37:41] and finding some strange white guy let himself in. 发现有个陌生的白人自己进来了
[37:44] Not like that’s ever gone badly for me. 并不是说以前就没出过事
[37:48] Sorry. I was waiting outside, 抱歉 我本来在外面等的
[37:50] and I got bored, so I came inside. 有点无聊 于是就进来了
[37:52] And then I got bored again. 然后我又无聊了
[37:54] You tell me you came up with a solution 告诉我你找到了
[37:56] for that wiring problem, all is forgiven. 解决线路问题的方法 我就原谅你
[37:59] So what’s up? 最近怎么样
[38:01] You doing okay? 你还好吗
[38:02] Uh, actually, I was, I was wondering if, uh… 其实 我在想 我不知道…
[38:05] you were okay. 你是否还好
[38:08] Um, the other day, you told Watson 那天你跟华生说
[38:11] that I had not been to any of the meetings 我一整周没去参加圣卢克教区的
[38:13] at St. Luke’s that whole past week. 任何互助会
[38:16] That’s right. 没错
[38:18] Right. St. Luke’s holds five meetings a week. 好吧 圣卢克教区一周会开五场互助会
[38:20] You typically attend two of them. 你通常会参加两场
[38:23] It occurred to me you wouldn’t know 我突然想到你不会知道
[38:25] I hadn’t been to any unless you had been to all of them. 我一次都没去 除非你每场都去了
[38:29] And then, yesterday, 然后昨天
[38:31] at an entirely different meeting, 在一次完全不同的互助会上
[38:32] I noticed this box of donuts 我注意到了那个甜甜圈盒子
[38:34] from the shop up the street, 是街那头那家店的
[38:36] that you like. 是你喜欢的那种
[38:38] So you’d been to that meeting just before, had you not? 所以你参加了之前那场互助会 对吗
[38:43] What if I had? 是又怎么了
[38:43] Well, obviously, it means you’re attending more meetings than you usually do. 很明显这说明你在参加比平常更多的互助会
[38:49] And that would suggest 那就表明
[38:50] that you’re struggling with something. 你在跟什么事作斗争
[38:55] I just didn’t want to put this on you. 我不想把这事扣在你身上
[38:57] Put what on me? 把什么扣在我身上
[38:59] I don’t know. I’m… down. 我不知道 我很…低落
[39:02] And before you even think it– 不用想了
[39:04] it has nothing to do with Oscar Rankin. 跟奥斯卡·兰金无关
[39:06] What does it have to do with? 那跟什么有关
[39:08] If I knew that, I wouldn’t have gone 我要是知道 就不会
[39:09] to eight meetings this week. 一周参加八场互助会了
[39:11] Well, you know, I am your friend, so… 你知道我是你的朋友 所以
[39:14] you could have told me. 你可以告诉我的
[39:17] You just got your 30-day chip. 你刚拿到你的30天奖章
[39:19] And helping you would be good for me. 帮助你对我来说也会是好事
[39:23] Right? 对吗
[39:26] You’ve always suggested 你一直建议
[39:26] that I should sometimes be selfish 事关我的清醒
[39:28] with regards to my sobriety, and yet, here you are 我有时候该自私点 然而现在
[39:30] with yours at stake, and you choose to be selfless. 你的清醒有了风险 而你却选择了无私
[39:35] Shame on you. 太不应该了
[39:44] You got plans tonight? 你今晚有安排吗
[39:47] I do not. 没有
[39:48] Well, close this door, I’ll cook us some dinner. 关上门 我来做晚餐
[39:53] I’ll even use food that occurs in nature. 我甚至会用天然的食材
[39:56] And that would be helpful to you? 那会对你有帮助吗
[39:59] Ah, I don’t know. 我不知道
[40:01] I guess we’ll find out. 试试就知道了
基本演绎法

Post navigation

Previous Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第4集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 基本演绎法(Elementary)第4季第6集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme