时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Here’s a question we should have asked ten minutes ago. | 问一个咱们十分钟前就该想到的问题 |
[00:21] | What if these cuffs really are un-pickable? | 如果这些手铐真是无法撬开的呢 |
[00:23] | Claiming a new line of handcuffs to be “Un-pickable” | 声称新的手铐产品”无法撬开” |
[00:26] | is the equivalent of proclaiming revamped laundry detergent | 就像说稍加改进的洗衣粉 |
[00:29] | “New and improved”– it’s a marketing ploy, | 是”全新且改良过的”一样 只是营销手段 |
[00:31] | and not a very original one at that. | 而且毫无新意 |
[00:33] | I’m just saying, maybe we should have figured out | 我只是想说 也许我们应该在 |
[00:34] | how to unlock them before we put them on. | 戴上手铐前 先想好要怎么解开 |
[00:37] | The purpose of this exercise is to simulate field conditions. | 这场实验就是要模拟真实现场情况 |
[00:40] | If we were kidnapped, do you think our captors | 如果我们被绑架了 你认为我们的绑架者 |
[00:43] | would allow us a dry run with our restraints? | 会允许我们先排练下如何解锁吗 |
[00:48] | Almost had it. | 就差一点 |
[00:49] | Unlike hand grenades, handcuffs do not reward nearness. | 不像手雷 解手铐”就差一点”也没用 |
[00:53] | *Hello, hello! Bonjour, bonjour!* | *哈喽哈喽 哩好哩好* |
[00:55] | *Bonjour, bonjour!* | *哩好哩好* |
[00:57] | *Hola, hola! Hola, hola!* | *侬好侬好 侬好侬好* |
[00:59] | You’re still using that ringtone? | 你还在用这铃声呢 |
[01:01] | You still haven’t cracked my new passcode to change it? | 你还没破解我的新密码然后换了它吗 |
[01:03] | *Hello, hello! Bonjour, bonjour!* | *哈喽哈喽 哩好哩好* |
[01:06] | *Bonjour, bonjour! Hola, hola!* | *哩好哩好 侬好侬好* |
[01:09] | It’s Stuyvesant Memorial Hospital, | 是史蒂文森纪念医院 |
[01:10] | your former place of employ. | 你的前雇主 |
[01:19] | If you’d like, I could play you the voice mail. | 你想听的话 我可以给你放语音留言 |
[01:21] | I’ll just put it on speaker phone– what’s your passcode? | 我开免提 你密码多少 |
[01:24] | I got it. Thanks. | 我自己来吧 谢谢 |
[01:30] | This is her. | 就是她 |
[01:32] | Abby Campbell. | 艾比·坎贝尔 |
[01:33] | She’s a lab tech at our fertility clinic. | 她是我们生育门诊部的医检师 |
[01:35] | The night before last, she told a colleague | 前天晚上 她告诉一个同事 |
[01:37] | she was planning to work late. | 说她晚上准备加班 |
[01:39] | Her husband– he’s a doctor here– | 她的丈夫 也是这里的医生 |
[01:41] | he says she never came home. | 他说她再也没有回过家 |
[01:43] | Her car’s still in the parking garage, | 她的车还在停车库 |
[01:45] | but no one’s been able to locate her. | 但是所有人都找不到她 |
[01:47] | You called the police? | 你报警了吗 |
[01:48] | They’ve already been here. They’re looking into it. | 他们来过了 也在调查中 |
[01:51] | But then I thought of you, and I figured | 但我想到了你 就觉得 |
[01:53] | since we have a detective in the family… | 既然咱们自己人里有个侦探 |
[01:56] | Is it possible she left without telling anyone? | 有没有可能她没跟人说就出走了 |
[01:59] | She has a two-year-old daughter. | 她有个两岁的女儿 |
[02:01] | I can’t imagine her leaving her behind. | 我无法想象她会抛下她 |
[02:03] | She’s a good person, stable, respectable. | 她是个好人 稳定 可敬 |
[02:07] | Respectable people have been known to uproot themselves | 可敬的人经常会改变生活环境 |
[02:09] | without any warning. | 而不提前告知别人 |
[02:11] | All I can tell you is it would be out of character, | 我只能说那样不像她 |
[02:14] | and that a lot of people care about her. | 而且有很多人很关心她 |
[02:17] | So what do you think? | 所以你是怎么想的 |
[02:19] | Can you help? | 你能帮忙吗 |
[02:33] | This is her workstation. | 这是她的工作台 |
[02:35] | Where she spent her days looking at life through a microscope. | 也是她日复一日通过显微镜观察生命的地方 |
[02:38] | And nights. | 晚上也一样 |
[02:40] | No one seems surprised that Abby was planning to work late. | 似乎没人对艾比晚上加班感到惊讶 |
[02:44] | The rise in the breeding age of the average American female | 美国妇女的平均生育年龄的上升 |
[02:47] | has led to a great increase in the demand for fertility specialists. | 导致了对生育专家的需求大量增加 |
[02:53] | You’d think given the sensitive nature of this facility, | 你说考虑到这座设施的敏感性 |
[02:55] | there would be security cameras, wouldn’t you? | 这里应该安装摄像头的 对吧 |
[02:57] | Surveillance in the hospital’s lab wing | 医院实验室这边的监控 |
[02:58] | has always been pretty light. | 一直是比较薄弱的 |
[03:01] | She could have slipped out unnoticed. | 她可以不引人注意地溜出去 |
[03:02] | Or someone else could have slipped in. | 或者某人也可以不引人注意地溜进来 |
[03:14] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[03:15] | It’s Emily… she says she needs to talk, it’s urgent. | 是艾米丽 她说要谈谈 很紧急 |
[03:18] | Did your entire social network choose today | 你的社交网络里的所有人 |
[03:20] | to have some sort of crisis, | 都选了今天来发生些危机吗 |
[03:21] | or is this somehow related to your former administrator’s request for help. | 还是说这与你前任主管求助的事有关 |
[03:25] | No, Emily and Tamara didn’t know each other. | 没关 艾米丽和塔玛拉不认识 |
[03:27] | Emily wants to meet up. | 艾米丽想见个面 |
[03:28] | She says she needs to talk in person. | 她说必须当面说 |
[03:35] | Did you find something? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[03:36] | Abby’s workstation, and only Abby’s, | 艾比的工作台 并且只有艾比这里 |
[03:38] | has been very recently and very thoroughly cleaned. | 在近期被非常彻底地清洗过 |
[03:42] | Maybe she tidied up before she left. | 也许她走之前收拾过 |
[03:44] | Maybe there was a violent struggle here… | 也许这里发生过暴力冲突 |
[03:47] | followed by a thorough scrubbing. | 随后进行了彻底的擦洗 |
[04:08] | Do you think Abby Campbell and her fellow techs | 你觉得艾比·坎贝尔和她的同事们 |
[04:10] | would be in the habit of wheeling samples | 会不会有用医院轮床 |
[04:12] | to and from this area on gurneys? | 在这个区域往返运送样本的习惯 |
[04:15] | You almost never see gurneys in this part of the hospital… | 医院的这片区域几乎看不到轮床 |
[04:17] | it’s all labs and support facilities. | 这里都是实验室和辅助设施 |
[04:20] | Yet there’s evidence that one was used here quite recently. | 但这有证据表明最近有人用过 |
[04:22] | Had a sticky wheel, left scuff marks every few feet. | 轮床的轮子很脏 每隔一段就留下了痕迹 |
[04:26] | That’s one way someone could have gotten Abby out of here. | 有人可以用这种方法把艾比运出去 |
[04:29] | They continue into the corridor. Let’s track them. | 走廊里也有痕迹 我们去追踪一下 |
[04:44] | Trail ends here. | 痕迹到此为止了 |
[04:47] | You familiar with this room? | 你对这个房间熟悉吗 |
[04:50] | No, I’ve never been down here before. | 不 我从没来过这里 |
[04:53] | Not exactly a surgical suite, is it? | 这不是手术室吧 |
[04:57] | Actually, I think it is. | 我觉得还真是 |
[04:59] | Sort of. | 某种程度上是 |
[05:00] | This is an ultrasonic aspirator. | 这是个超声波抽吸机 |
[05:07] | These are human organs. | 这些是人体器官 |
[05:13] | More human organs. | 更多的人体器官 |
[05:14] | This is a prep lab for medical specimens. | 这是医学标本的准备实验室 |
[05:16] | They take donor corpses | 他们把捐献的遗体拿来 |
[05:18] | and turn them into teaching materials for med schools. | 把它们变成医学院的教具 |
[05:21] | This would have been a great place to dispose of a body. | 这里可能是个弃尸的好地方 |
[05:29] | Abby Campbell’s dead. | 艾比·坎贝尔死了 |
[05:30] | I’m just saying it’s a possibility. | 我只是说有这种可能性 |
[05:32] | No. It is a certainty. | 不 这是事实 |
[05:43] | Note the chip in her left maxillary central incisor. | 看看她左边门牙上的缺口 |
[05:49] | Note the chip in her left maxillary central incisor. | 再看看它左边门牙上的缺口 |
[05:56] | Hello, Abby Campbell. | 你好啊 艾比·坎贝尔 |
[06:35] | Dental records confirm it– this is Abby Campbell. | 牙医记录证实了这确实是艾比·坎贝尔 |
[06:38] | Or at least what’s left of her. | 至少是她剩下的部分 |
[06:41] | Doubt we’ll find much more. | 我们可能找不到更多遗骸了 |
[06:43] | The culprit likely used the pressure oven | 罪犯可能用华生在现场发现的 |
[06:45] | Watson identified at the scene to burn away the other remains. | 高压烤箱把剩下的遗骸烧掉了 |
[06:49] | Why leave the skeleton? | 为什么要把骨架留下呢 |
[06:51] | I’ll wager… | 我打赌 |
[06:52] | from its careful reconstruction, | 它被组装得这么完整 |
[06:54] | they wanted it to end up in a lab somewhere. | 他们是想让它被送进实验室 |
[06:58] | Well, any way you slice it– | 不管你怎么剖析这事 |
[07:00] | pun definitely not intended– whoever did this | 我不是故意用双关语的 |
[07:03] | is a nasty piece of work. | 凶手的作案手段都很残忍 |
[07:05] | He didn’t just kill her, he took her apart. | 他不光杀了她 还把她分尸了 |
[07:08] | Nasty and skilled. | 既残忍又熟练 |
[07:11] | Stripping and then reassembling Mrs. Campbell overnight | 在一夜之间把坎贝尔女士分解再组装起来 |
[07:15] | would have taken a certain amount of expertise. | 需要很强的专业技术 |
[07:20] | We’re looking at a doctor or a nurse or… | 我们要找的是一位医生或护士或… |
[07:22] | pretty much any one of a thousand other medical professionals | 可能是在那家医院工作的一千名 |
[07:25] | who work at that hospital. | 专业医护人员中的一个 |
[07:26] | Or someone who works for one of its many associated laboratories, | 或者是在医院众多附属实验室 私人诊所 |
[07:29] | private practices and specialty clinics. | 和专业诊所中工作的某个人 |
[07:33] | You said on the phone | 你在电话里说 |
[07:34] | you thought she was choked to death? | 你觉得她是窒息而死 |
[07:36] | There is exactly one bone missing | 这副骷髅缺了一块骨头 |
[07:38] | from this macabre display– the hyoid. | 恰恰是舌骨 |
[07:41] | Should sit right here. | 应该在这里 |
[07:43] | Now, since the hyoid is known to break | 由于在三分之一的勒杀案中 |
[07:45] | in one-third of all homicides by strangulation… | 舌骨都会骨折… |
[07:48] | You think the killer got rid of it to cover his tracks. | 你觉得凶手把舌骨扔了以掩盖罪行 |
[07:50] | Perhaps he thought a broken hyoid | 也许他觉得一块骨折的舌骨 |
[07:52] | was more suspicious than an absent one. | 比一块失踪的舌骨更可疑 |
[07:54] | Now, assuming Abby Campbell was strangled at her workstation… | 假设艾比·坎贝尔是在她的工作台被勒死的 |
[07:58] | and since that workstation faced the only entrance to the laboratory… | 由于那个工作台面对着实验室唯一的入口 |
[08:01] | Stands to reason he didn’t sneak up on her. | 说明他不是偷偷溜到她身后的 |
[08:04] | She knew him. | 她认识他 |
[08:05] | Did I mention her husband is a doctor? | 我有没有说过她丈夫是位医生 |
[08:22] | Thanks for coming. | 多谢你能来 |
[08:23] | You said it was urgent. | 你说情况紧急 |
[08:25] | It is. Or at least I think it is. | 确实 至少我觉得是 |
[08:27] | What, you don’t know if it’s urgent or not? | 怎么 你不知道情况是不是紧急 |
[08:30] | Honestly, I’m not even sure | 说实话 我都不确定 |
[08:31] | if I’m supposed to be talking about this. | 我该不该谈论这些 |
[08:33] | About what? | 谈论什么 |
[08:35] | A police detective came to my house this morning. | 今早有位警探来了我家 |
[08:38] | She said she had some questions for me, | 她说她有些问题要问我 |
[08:40] | so I figured, okay. | 所以我同意了 |
[08:41] | Then I let her in, and all her questions were about you. | 我让她进了屋 而她的所有问题都关于你 |
[08:46] | Did she tell you her name? | 她告诉你她的名字了吗 |
[08:47] | Yeah, she left her card. | 有 她留下了名片 |
[08:49] | Gina Cortes. | 吉娜·科特斯 |
[08:52] | Here. | 给 |
[08:53] | 吉娜·科特斯 警探 盗窃组 康尼岛 | |
[08:54] | Burglary Division, | 盗窃组 |
[08:55] | Coney Island. | 康尼岛 |
[08:57] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[08:57] | No. What did she want to know. | 不认识 她都问了什么 |
[09:00] | It was weird. | 很奇怪 |
[09:01] | It was personal stuff, like how we met, | 都是些私事 比如我们是怎么认识的 |
[09:03] | how often we get together. She asked if I thought | 我们多久见一次面 她还问我 |
[09:06] | you were the kind of person who would break the law. | 是否觉得你是那种会犯法的人 |
[09:09] | – What? – I know. | -什么 -我知道 |
[09:12] | Well, did she say she was working a case? | 她说她在办案了吗 |
[09:13] | No. When I asked why she was asking about you, | 没有 我问她为什么要问你的事 |
[09:16] | she said she wasn’t at liberty to discuss it. | 她说她无法透露 |
[09:21] | Joanie, | 乔尼 |
[09:23] | are you in some sort of trouble? | 你惹什么麻烦了吗 |
[09:25] | No, of course not. | 不 当然没有 |
[09:26] | ‘Cause if you are, | 因为如果你有麻烦的话 |
[09:27] | you know you can tell me, right? | 你知道你可以告诉我的 对吧 |
[09:28] | Emily, obviously there’s been some sort of misunderstanding. | 艾米丽 这显然是有些误会 |
[09:33] | I’ll look into it. | 我会查一下的 |
[09:36] | Dr. Campbell, just for the record, | 坎贝尔医生 确认一下 |
[09:37] | you are an oncologist at Stuyvesant Memorial? | 你是史蒂文森纪念医院的肿瘤科医师吗 |
[09:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:42] | That where you and Abby met? | 你和艾比是在那认识的吗 |
[09:44] | We didn’t work together. Uh, not directly. | 我们没在一起工作 没有直接交集 |
[09:47] | My clinic is technically a private practice. | 我的诊所实际上是个私人诊所 |
[09:49] | We met at a party. Mutual friends. | 我们是在一次聚会上通过共同的朋友认识的 |
[09:53] | How long have you been together? | 你们在一起多久了 |
[09:54] | Five years. | 五年 |
[09:57] | Married for three. | 结婚三年了 |
[09:59] | Your calluses are… quite distinctive. | 你手上的老茧… 非常特殊 |
[10:02] | You a rock climber? | 你是个攀岩运动员吗 |
[10:06] | Abby got me into it. I mostly climb at the gym. | 艾比带我入门的 我一般都在健身房攀岩 |
[10:09] | I imagine you’ve got formidable grip strength. | 我猜你的握力肯定超级强 |
[10:11] | You’re strong enough to have overpowered Abby, | 你足够强壮 可以制服艾比 |
[10:13] | you’ve got the medical knowledge to | 你还有足够的医学知识 |
[10:15] | reduce her to a skeleton — we have to ask. | 能把她变成骷髅 我们必须得问 |
[10:18] | Did I kill my wife? | 我有没有杀死我妻子吗 |
[10:21] | No. | 没有 |
[10:23] | I understand you guys have to ask. | 我理解你们必须得问 |
[10:27] | But… | 但是 |
[10:29] | The night that Abby disappeared, | 艾比失踪的那晚 |
[10:30] | I was going over the books with my clinic manager. | 我在帮我的诊所经理一起查阅参考书 |
[10:33] | Now, she can tell you when I left, | 她可以告诉你我离开的时间 |
[10:34] | but I remember it was late. | 但我记得那时已经很晚了 |
[10:37] | And why didn’t you report Abby missing | 那么当你回到家发现艾比不在时 |
[10:39] | when you came home, realized she wasn’t there? | 为什么没立刻报警说她失踪了呢 |
[10:42] | Abby’s clinic is understaffed; she works long hours. | 艾比的诊所人手不足 她经常加班 |
[10:44] | She told the nanny to look after her daughter | 她让保姆照看女儿 |
[10:46] | until I got home. | 直到我回到家 |
[10:48] | I got home. | 我回到家 |
[10:50] | I just… I went to bed. | 我就 我就直接上床睡觉了 |
[10:52] | Would you describe your marriage as a happy one? | 你觉得你们的婚姻幸福吗 |
[10:56] | Lately? | 最近吗 |
[10:58] | No. | 不 |
[10:59] | Quite the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[11:01] | You two weren’t getting along? | 你俩之间出现问题了吗 |
[11:03] | Abby and I were more in love than we ever were. | 艾比和我从未像最近这般相爱 |
[11:09] | Our marriage wasn’t happy because she was dying. | 我们的婚姻不幸福是因为她要死了 |
[11:12] | She had pancreatic cancer, | 她患了胰腺癌 |
[11:14] | stage IV. | 第四阶段 |
[11:15] | She didn’t want anyone to know. | 她不想让任何人知道 |
[11:18] | I was giving her chemo, but the truth is, | 我在给她做化疗 但事实是 |
[11:23] | there was no hope. | 已经没有希望了 |
[11:25] | She probably only had a year to live. | 她大概只剩一年时间了 |
[11:28] | You can ask my nursing staff. | 你可以去问我的护理员工们 |
[11:32] | The people at my clinic, they’ll tell you. | 在我诊所工作的人 他们会告诉你 |
[11:34] | I was doing everything I could to save Abby’s life. | 我做了所有可能的事去拯救艾比的生命 |
[11:38] | I wouldn’t have killed her. | 我不需要杀死她 |
[11:40] | The cancer was doing that all by itself. | 癌症就可以做到了 |
[11:56] | Sherlock?! | 夏洛克 |
[12:05] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[12:06] | Hospital’s security cameras had no sound. | 医院里的监控没有声音 |
[12:09] | So I was providing a musical score | 所以我加入了一段音乐背景 |
[12:10] | in order to make the tedious comings and goings | 可以让无聊的人来人往变得 |
[12:12] | of the employees more engaging. | 更有趣一些 |
[12:15] | You chose a ringtone you knew I would dislike. | 你明知道我不喜欢那个铃声还用它 |
[12:17] | So I thought I would fight fire with fire. | 所以我觉得要以牙还牙 |
[12:19] | “Friday”? Seriously? | 《星期五》 不是吧 |
[12:22] | There’s also a song that appeals to me as a detective. | 作为侦探 还有一首歌很吸引我 |
[12:24] | It’s a mystery about dogs and who may have let them out. | 关于狗和谁把它们放出去的神秘事件 |
[12:28] | So did you find anything? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[12:31] | There’s precious little on Abby Campbell | 艾比·坎贝尔失踪那晚 |
[12:32] | the night of her disappearance. | 关于她的画面很少 |
[12:34] | A trip to the cafeteria. | 去了趟食堂 |
[12:35] | A return in the general direction of her workplace. | 走常规路线回到她工作的地方 |
[12:37] | And then nothing. | 然后就没了 |
[12:39] | These are all from different days? | 这些都是不同天的记录吗 |
[12:40] | I tracked down all available video of her | 我查看了在她被杀之前 |
[12:43] | in the weeks leading up to her murder. | 好几周的录像 |
[12:45] | I was hoping to isolate any contentious encounters | 希望能找到一些她跟同事之间 |
[12:46] | she may have had with her coworkers. | 可能发生过的口角 |
[12:48] | And? | 然后呢 |
[12:49] | It appears she was very, very well-liked. | 其实她非常非常受人喜欢 |
[12:51] | No unpleasantness whatsoever. | 跟别人没有任何不愉快 |
[12:53] | There was, however, some suspicious pleasantness. | 然而 却有一些很可疑的”愉快” |
[13:01] | They look intimate. | 他们看上去很亲密 |
[13:03] | Using hospital employee records, I was able to identify that man | 利用医院的员工记录 我确定了那个人 |
[13:05] | as Dr. Branford Fisher, a surgical resident. | 是布兰福德·菲舍医生 一名外科住院医生 |
[13:09] | Dr. Fisher and Abby have no professional reason to interact. | 菲舍医生和艾比在工作上没有交流的必要 |
[13:12] | Their areas of expertise have no overlap. | 他们的职业领域根本没有交集 |
[13:15] | I have, however, observed no less than 12 meetings between them. | 可是我已经看到了他们不少于12次的碰面 |
[13:18] | And all in out-of-the-way corners of the hospital. | 而且都是在医院里人很少的角落 |
[13:22] | That is a disused patient room. | 那是间废弃的病房 |
[13:25] | They spend approximately 15 minutes in there together, | 他们一起在里面待了大约15分钟 |
[13:28] | and then they emerged looking rumpled and happy. | 出来时衣服有些凌乱 而且很开心 |
[13:33] | Abby was having an affair. | 艾比有外遇了 |
[13:35] | Dr. Fisher called in sick | 在她被报失踪的那天早晨 |
[13:36] | the morning she was reported missing. | 菲舍医生请病假了 |
[13:38] | I’ve attempted to contact him, | 我试过跟他联系 |
[13:39] | but he’s not answering his phone. | 但他不接电话 |
[13:40] | And the only listed address for him | 而且他唯一有记录的地址 |
[13:42] | is a P.O. box. | 是个邮政信箱 |
[13:44] | All rather suspicious. | 更可疑了 |
[13:48] | How went your meeting with Emily? | 你跟艾米丽的见面怎么样 |
[13:51] | Not great, actually. | 其实不怎么样 |
[13:53] | Can you think of any reason why the police | 你能想出有什么原因 |
[13:55] | would be investigating me? | 警察要调查我吗 |
[13:59] | You said Emily was not your only friend contacted | 你说除了艾米丽之外 科特斯警探还联系过 |
[14:02] | by Detective Cortes. | 你其他的朋友 |
[14:04] | Yeah, I got calls from two other people today. | 是的 我今天还接到其他两个人的电话 |
[14:07] | The detective asked them | 警探问了他们 |
[14:08] | the same kinds of questions. | 同样的问题 |
[14:10] | What kind of person am I, | 我是什么样的人 |
[14:11] | would I ever break the law. | 会不会违反法律 |
[14:13] | But she never outright accused you of anything. | 可她没有明确指控你做了什么违法的事 |
[14:15] | No. | 是的 |
[14:17] | Have you, Watson, | 你有过吗 华生 |
[14:18] | ever committed any burglaries in Coney Island? | 有在康尼岛进行过盗窃吗 |
[14:22] | Have to ask. | 我必须问问 |
[14:23] | No, I have not committed | 没有 我没有在康尼岛上 |
[14:24] | any burglaries in Coney Island. | 有过任何盗窃行为 |
[14:26] | I can’t even remember the last time I was in that part of the city. | 我甚至不记得上次去那是什么时候了 |
[14:28] | You have to talk to this woman. | 你得跟这个女的谈谈 |
[14:30] | You think? | 是吧 |
[14:31] | The timing of her investigation is unfortunate, | 至少可以说 她选择现在这个时间调查 |
[14:33] | to say the least. | 很蹊跷 |
[14:34] | We’ve only just returned to the NYPD, | 我们刚刚回归纽约警局 |
[14:35] | so the last thing we need are rumors | 我们最不能有的就是 |
[14:36] | that we’ve engaged in some kind of thievery. | 有关我们参与过盗窃的流言蜚语 |
[14:38] | I will handle it. Okay? | 我会处理的 好吧 |
[14:44] | Hello? | 喂 |
[14:45] | Mr. Holmes? This is Nate Campbell. | 福尔摩斯先生 我是内特·坎贝尔 |
[14:49] | How’d you get this number, Dr. Campbell? | 你怎么知道这个号码的 坎贝尔医生 |
[14:51] | I understand you’re looking for a doctor | 我知道你正在找一名 |
[14:52] | from Stuyvesant Memorial. | 史蒂文森纪念医院的医生 |
[14:54] | Branford Fisher. | 布兰福德·菲舍 |
[14:56] | I am. | 是的 |
[14:57] | I can tell you where he is. | 我可以告诉你他在哪 |
[14:59] | But only in person. | 但必须面谈 |
[15:00] | And you can’t bring the police. | 而且你不能带警察来 |
[15:08] | We came alone, as per your request. | 按照你的要求 只有我们两个来了 |
[15:10] | But the police are aware we’re here, | 不过警察知道我们来这了 |
[15:11] | on the off chance you intend to do us harm. | 以免你想加害于我们 |
[15:13] | No. Nothing like that. Please, come in. | 不 不会的 快请进 |
[15:22] | So, you told us you could help us find… | 你说你能帮我们找到 |
[15:26] | Dr. Fisher. | 菲舍医生 |
[15:27] | Someone needs to tell us | 谁给我们解释下 |
[15:28] | what’s going on right now. | 这是怎么回事 |
[15:30] | When you left your message, I got nervous. | 你们留信后 我很紧张 |
[15:32] | I called Nate. | 就给内特打了电话 |
[15:34] | Because… | 因为… |
[15:35] | It’s complicated. | 这事很复杂 |
[15:37] | Branford never would have hurt Abby. | 布兰福德永远不会伤害艾比 |
[15:40] | Did you know they were having an affair? | 你知道他俩有婚外情吗 |
[15:42] | No, it wasn’t an affair, was it? | 不 那不是婚外情 对吧 |
[15:45] | Dr. Fisher’s a size 12. | 菲舍医生是十二码的脚 |
[15:46] | Dr. Campbell’s a size nine. | 坎贝尔医生是九码的脚 |
[15:48] | There’s a pair of size 12 | 在门口有一双 |
[15:49] | running shoes here by the door. | 十二码的跑鞋 |
[15:50] | There’s also a photograph of Dr. Fisher receiving | 墙上还挂着菲舍医生 |
[15:52] | a commendation on the wall. | 领奖时的照片 |
[15:55] | He lives here. | 他就住这里 |
[15:57] | On the phone, you said this was your house. | 在电话里 你说这是你家 |
[15:59] | It’s their house. | 这是他们的家 |
[16:01] | They were both married to Abby. | 他们都和艾比结婚了 |
[16:02] | Or is there another explanation for your matching wedding bands? | 不然怎么解释它们戴着一样的结婚戒指 |
[16:06] | I think the current slang for such an arrangement | 我想对这种情况 目前流行的说法是 |
[16:08] | is a “Thruple.” | 三人婚姻 |
[16:09] | Three people, one marriage. | 一场婚姻 三个人 |
[16:12] | You were both married to Abby at the same time. | 你们同时和艾比结了婚 |
[16:14] | We were. | 是的 |
[16:15] | But I swear to you, | 但我发誓 |
[16:16] | neither of us killed our wife. | 我们都没杀我们的妻子 |
[16:27] | We had to keep our marriage secret. | 我们不能让我们的婚姻状况暴露 |
[16:29] | We have a two-year-old daughter, Chloe. | 我们有个两岁的女儿 克洛伊 |
[16:31] | If we got reported to Family Services, | 如果我们的情况被家庭服务中心知道了 |
[16:33] | we could lose her. | 我们会失去她的 |
[16:35] | Not to mention our careers. Hospitals don’t like scandals. | 更别说我们的事业 医院不喜欢丑闻 |
[16:38] | You all look very happy together. | 你们在一起很开心 |
[16:41] | We are. | 是的 |
[16:42] | We were. | 曾经是 |
[16:44] | We’re just… a family. | 我们只是一个家庭 |
[16:46] | We’re no different than anyone else. | 跟其他家庭没有任何不同 |
[16:48] | Can you account for your whereabouts | 你能说明下艾比失踪那晚 |
[16:50] | the night Abby disappeared? | 你在哪里吗 |
[16:51] | I was in Boston. | 我在波士顿 |
[16:52] | My dad’s been sick. I went up to see him. | 我爸爸病了 我去看他了 |
[16:55] | But I also caught up with some friends. | 我还遇上了几个朋友 |
[16:56] | They’ll all tell you I was there. | 他们会告诉你们我的确在那 |
[16:59] | If you don’t mind me asking, how did this… | 如果你们不介意 我想问问这个… |
[17:02] | arrangement come about? | 婚姻状况 是怎么发生的 |
[17:04] | Branford and I were, uh, together first. | 布兰福德和我先在一起的 |
[17:06] | But we had an understanding. | 但我们有共识 |
[17:09] | Uh, and as I said, I met Abby at a party. | 然后就像我说的 我在聚会上认识了艾比 |
[17:13] | It grew from there. | 就是从那时开始的 |
[17:15] | She was okay joining you? | 她对三人行完全不介意吗 |
[17:17] | It was her idea, actually. She’d done it before. | 事实上这是她的提议 她以前也有过 |
[17:19] | She was in another group marriage? | 她以前也有过多人婚姻吗 |
[17:22] | Arrangements like ours happen more often than people think. | 我们这类婚姻其实比人们想象的要多 |
[17:25] | For some people, it just works. | 对一些人来说 这样才合理 |
[17:27] | It worked for Abby. | 对艾比来说这样很幸福 |
[17:29] | Mostly. | 几乎吧 |
[17:31] | Her last marriage was a bad one? | 她上段婚姻不幸福吗 |
[17:34] | It ended badly. | 结局很糟糕 |
[17:35] | She had a falling-out with one of her fellow wives. | 她和其中某个妻子吵架了 |
[17:39] | She hinted it got violent once. | 她曾提及遭受过家庭暴力 |
[17:41] | There was a dispute. | 他们产生了争执 |
[17:42] | Over money, community assets. | 关于钱 公共财产什么的 |
[17:44] | And she was still fighting it, | 她到现在还在跟他们抗争 |
[17:46] | years after. | 都好几年了 |
[17:47] | You said “one of her fellow wives.” | 你说其中某个妻子 |
[17:49] | How many people were involved | 她上段婚姻里 |
[17:50] | in her previous marriage? | 到底有多少人 |
[17:52] | Not counting Abby? Five. | 不加艾比吗 五个 |
[17:57] | Abby Campbell’s exes. All five of them. | 艾比·坎贝尔的前任们 五个全在这了 |
[18:00] | They’re still married. | 他们现在还保持着婚姻关系 |
[18:01] | They live in some big house out in West Essex County. | 他们住在西奥兰治的一所大房子里 |
[18:06] | I had to send five different cars to get them. | 我不得不派了五辆不同的车去接他们 |
[18:10] | All the suspects we could hope for. | 都是我们潜在的嫌疑人 |
[18:12] | I don’t know how they do it. | 真不知道他们怎么做到的 |
[18:14] | I couldn’t make a marriage to one person work. | 只有一个配偶的婚姻都让我焦头烂额了 |
[18:17] | But Americans have experimented | 但美国人已经尝试过婚姻的 |
[18:18] | with every possible variation of matrimony. | 全部可能变种了 |
[18:20] | From the adelphic polygyny of the Omaha tribe | 从奥马哈部落的共妻多妻制 |
[18:22] | to the patriarchal polygamy of the early Mormons | 到早期摩门教徒的男权多妻制 |
[18:25] | to the free love hippy communes of the 1970s. | 再到七十年代的自由恋爱的嬉皮士公社 |
[18:27] | And while some of those experiments were abject failures, | 虽然有些婚姻试验不幸失败了 |
[18:29] | many were remarkably long-lived. | 但更多的婚姻持久进行下去了 |
[18:31] | Yeah, well, this experiment ended badly, | 好吧 反正这次试验的结果很糟 |
[18:34] | at least for Abby Campbell. | 至少对艾比·坎贝尔而言 |
[18:36] | Maybe bad enough to get her killed. | 也许糟到足以使她被害了 |
[18:39] | They’re here, but they’re not happy. | 他们都来了 但是很不开心 |
[18:41] | I assume you’ve kept them separate | 我猜你把他们分开安置的吧 |
[18:43] | so they can’t coordinate their stories? | 以免他们相互串通 |
[18:45] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:45] | Like five married people could ever agree on anything. | 就像开放婚姻中的五个人能达成什么一致似的 |
[18:51] | Abby was special. We all loved her. | 艾比很特别 我们都爱她 |
[18:54] | Everything was great. The first year or two. | 一切都很美好 至少在头一两年 |
[18:57] | I got nothing to say to you. | 我对你们无可奉告 |
[18:58] | But you have to understand, Abby was… | 但你们必须要理解 艾比很… |
[19:03] | stubborn. | 固执 |
[19:04] | I’m supposed to be coaching my daughter’s | 我今天下午要去指导 |
[19:06] | soccer team this afternoon. | 我女儿的足球队 |
[19:07] | Do I really need to be here? | 我一定要待在这吗 |
[19:09] | It was really all about money. Abby worked hard. | 其实只是为了钱 艾比工作很辛苦 |
[19:11] | She wanted to keep what she earned. | 她想把她挣的钱存好 |
[19:13] | But Denise insisted we all pool our money. | 但是丹妮丝坚持我们把钱集中起来 |
[19:16] | We’re registered as two married couples. | 我们是按两对夫妻注册登记的 |
[19:18] | We share a house to save money. | 我们住在一起只是为了省钱 |
[19:20] | Trish is our nanny. | 翠西是我们的保姆 |
[19:22] | The nanny? | 保姆吗 |
[19:24] | Yeah. Sure. | 没错 是我 |
[19:26] | I’m the nanny. | 我是保姆 |
[19:27] | It got a little ugly. | 后来就不太愉快了 |
[19:29] | Especially when it came time to buy the house. | 尤其当我们要买房子时 |
[19:31] | The house thing. | 就是房子的事 |
[19:33] | That was when it all went bad. | 就是那时一切都急转直下了 |
[19:35] | Abby had this inheritance, | 艾比继承了一笔遗产 |
[19:37] | and Denise pressured her to use it as a down payment. | 丹妮丝逼她用于房子首付 |
[19:40] | Abby agreed, | 艾比同意了 |
[19:41] | but she was never really happy about it. | 但是她一直都不太情愿 |
[19:43] | We have six kids. Everybody’s got to pitch in. | 我们有六个孩子 每个人都要努力干活 |
[19:46] | It doesn’t matter if they have a job or not. | 他们有没有工作并不重要 |
[19:48] | I don’t got to talk to you about any of this. | 我没必要告诉你们任何事 |
[19:50] | Unless you’re charging me with something. | 除非你们起诉我犯了什么事 |
[19:52] | The arguments just got worse and worse. | 争论愈演愈烈 |
[19:55] | And it didn’t help that Abby was so much younger than Denise | 而且艾比比丹妮丝小很多 |
[19:59] | and maybe… got a little more | 所以在安排性生活时 |
[20:01] | attention when it came to, you know, | 可能会受到更过关注 |
[20:04] | sleeping arrangements. | 这可无益于缓解矛盾 |
[20:05] | There was a little pushing and shoving | 最后她和丹妮丝之间 |
[20:06] | between her and Denise toward the end. | 出现了一些推搡 |
[20:09] | I think that was the last straw. | 我觉得那是压死骆驼的最后一根稻草 |
[20:12] | The next day, she just… left. | 第二天 她直接 走了 |
[20:15] | She’d been trying to get that down payment back ever since. | 之后她一直想把首付要回去 |
[20:18] | But giving it to her would’ve meant selling the house. | 但是给她就意味着卖掉房子 |
[20:20] | Denise said that was out of the question. | 丹妮丝说那是决不可能的 |
[20:23] | You want to know what happened, talk to Denise. | 你想知道到底发生了什么 去问丹妮丝 |
[20:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:27] | That was between her and Denise. | 那是她和丹妮丝之间的事 |
[20:29] | This is harassment, plain and simple. | 你们这是赤裸裸的骚扰 |
[20:32] | And if the NYPD causes me | 如果纽约警察对我 |
[20:35] | or my family any embarrassment, | 或我家人造成任何难堪 |
[20:38] | I will sue this department in general | 我会起诉你们整个部门 |
[20:40] | and you three in particular. | 尤其是你们三个 |
[20:42] | It says here your specialty is contract law. | 资料显示你的专长是合同法 |
[20:44] | Didn’t know you were also a litigator. | 不知道你还是诉讼律师 |
[20:46] | A lawyer is a lawyer. | 律师都是通的 |
[20:48] | You want to test me, I’ll see you in court. | 你想看我能力怎么样 那咱们就法庭见 |
[20:50] | Look, no one’s going to court, Denise. | 听着 没必要闹上法庭 丹妮丝 |
[20:52] | Not if you want your private life to stay private. | 只要你还想让你的私生活维持隐秘状态 |
[20:54] | Now, if you cooperate, | 现在 只要你配合 |
[20:55] | you and your family can go back home as it’s no problem. | 你和你家人可以回家 就当没事发生 |
[20:58] | You make a stink, you’re gonna end up in the press. | 你要是张扬出去 这事只能上媒体了 |
[21:01] | Seven years after Abby left the marriage, | 艾比离开这段婚姻七年后 |
[21:03] | you and her were still fighting over her share of the house. | 你和她还在争夺房子的所有权占比 |
[21:06] | She fronted $100,000 for your down. | 她先前支付了十万美金用于你的首付 |
[21:10] | You never paid her back. | 你从没还给她 |
[21:11] | Like she needed the money. | 就像她很需要钱似的 |
[21:13] | She married an oncologist. He’s rolling in it. | 她嫁了个肿瘤医师 他财源滚滚 |
[21:18] | Okay, things were bad between Abby and me, but then… | 我承认 艾比跟我有过不和 可是 |
[21:24] | we had lunch a few weeks ago. | 我们几周前一起吃过午饭 |
[21:26] | We buried the hatchet. It was her idea. | 我们言归于好了 是她的提议 |
[21:28] | She was diagnosed with cancer and wanted closure. | 她被诊断出癌症 想要结束争吵 |
[21:31] | No loose ends. | 都讲清楚了 |
[21:34] | Here. She e-mailed me this. | 给 这是她给我发的邮件 |
[21:39] | after she signed it. | 在她签字之后 |
[21:42] | I have the original at home. | 我家里有原件 |
[21:44] | It’s a quitclaim giving up her interest in the house. | 这是她放弃房屋产权的证明 |
[21:47] | So you see, I had no reason to hurt Abby. | 明白了吧 我没理由伤害艾比 |
[21:50] | Not that I ever would have. I loved her. | 我也永远不会伤害她 我爱她 |
[21:52] | Once. | 爱过 |
[21:54] | Now, are we done? | 可以了吗 |
[21:58] | Uh, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[21:59] | Did-did she want anything in return for this peace offering? | 她跟你达成和解就没要什么回报吗 |
[22:07] | Denise? | 丹妮丝 |
[22:09] | Yes, she asked for something, but I couldn’t give it to her. | 没错 她要了 但我给不了她 |
[22:13] | She wanted me to draw up | 她想让我起草一份 |
[22:14] | a confidentiality agreement. | 保密协议 |
[22:16] | She was trying to sell something and she wanted a guarantee | 她想出售一些东西 所以想确保 |
[22:19] | that the buyer wouldn’t reveal the nature of the transaction. | 买家不会发现交易的内幕 |
[22:23] | What was she selling? | 她出售的是什么 |
[22:25] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[22:26] | But I got the sense it was something that she’d stolen. | 但我觉得是她偷来的东西 |
[22:29] | When I explained to her that any contract that pertains | 在我向她说明 所有事关非法活动的合同 |
[22:32] | to illegal activity is null and void… | 都不具有法律效力后 |
[22:35] | she dropped it. | 她就放弃了 |
[22:38] | But I don’t know. | 但我也不知道 |
[22:39] | Whatever she took, | 不管她偷了什么 |
[22:41] | maybe it was worth killing over. | 也许就是那东西让她惹上了杀身之祸 |
[22:55] | Detective Cortes. Joan Watson. | 科特斯警探你好 我是乔恩·华生 |
[22:57] | But I’m guessing you knew that already. | 但我想你早就知道我的名字了 |
[23:00] | How can I help you, Ms. Watson? | 找我什么事 华生女士 |
[23:01] | Actually, I was wondering if I could help you. | 其实我是想知道你找我什么事 |
[23:03] | You’ve been asking questions about me. | 你一直在找人打听我的信息 |
[23:05] | I thought we could sit down, talk face-to-face, | 我觉得咱们可以坐下来 面对面谈谈 |
[23:06] | clear up any misunderstanding. | 消除一些可能存在的误会 |
[23:09] | That’s very thoughtful of you, but now’s not a good time. | 你能这么想可真周到 但这会儿不行 |
[23:11] | When would be a good time? | 什么时候可以 |
[23:13] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[23:14] | But when I’m ready to talk to you, | 但如果我准备好跟你谈了 |
[23:15] | I’ll find you. Trust me. | 我会找到你的 相信我 |
[23:18] | Can you at least tell me what you think I did? | 至少能告诉我你认为我犯了什么事吧 |
[23:20] | I never said you did anything. | 我从没说过你犯事了 |
[23:23] | Are you planning to talk to more people I know? | 那你准备跟更多我认识的人了解情况吗 |
[23:25] | Does that make you uncomfortable? | 这会让你感觉不爽吗 |
[23:27] | Having someone poke around in your life, ask questions? | 有个人在你的生活中走来走去 问这问那 |
[23:31] | It’s not like you have anything to hide, right? | 你也没什么要隐瞒的 对吧 |
[23:41] | Just gonna text you. | 正要给你发信息呢 |
[23:43] | Still a free woman, I see. | 看来还没被抓起来 |
[23:44] | May I assume you’ve cleared up any confusion | 我是否可以认为 你跟科特斯警探之间的 |
[23:46] | with Detective Cortes? | 误会已经消除了 |
[23:48] | No, you may not. | 不 还没有 |
[23:50] | I caught her as she was leaving her precinct. | 我把她堵在了警局门口 |
[23:51] | I told her I would be happy | 跟她说我很乐意 |
[23:53] | to answer any questions she might have. | 解答她的任何疑问 |
[23:54] | She said she didn’t have any. | 她说她没有疑问 |
[23:56] | So I asked her, “Can you at least tell me | 于是我问她 “至少可以告诉我 |
[23:57] | what crime I’m supposed to have committed?” She said no. | 你觉得我犯了什么事吧” 她说不行 |
[24:00] | Well, it’s not unusual for a police detective | 警探对嫌疑人存有戒心 |
[24:01] | to be cagey with a suspect. | 本就是情理之中的 |
[24:03] | Well that’s the thing– I don’t think I’m a suspect. | 问题就在这 我并不认为自己是嫌疑犯 |
[24:04] | I think it’s personal. She’s messing with me. | 我觉得这不属于公事范畴 她在整我 |
[24:06] | You said before yesterday | 你前天还说 |
[24:07] | you’d never even heard of Detective Cortes. | 你压根就没听说过科特斯警探这人 |
[24:09] | Mm, I hadn’t. | 我的确没听过 |
[24:11] | Perhaps at some point you slept with one of her lovers. | 也许你不小心跟她某个情人上过床 |
[24:13] | Well, considering she’s gay and I’m not, | 鉴于她是弯的我是直的 |
[24:15] | I think that’s highly unlikely. | 我觉得完全没这可能 |
[24:16] | Ah, so you’ve been looking into her. | 原来你还调查过她 |
[24:18] | What choice do I have? She won’t tell me what her problem is, | 有什么办法 她什么都不肯告诉我 |
[24:20] | so I have to find out myself. | 我只好自己动手了 |
[24:23] | What is all this? | 这些是什么 |
[24:24] | Inventory forms, personnel records | 史蒂文森纪念医院的财产清单 |
[24:26] | and security reports from Stuyvesant Memorial. | 人事记录以及安全报告 |
[24:29] | One of Abby Campbell’s ex-spouses | 艾比·坎贝尔的一个前任配偶 |
[24:30] | seems to think she was trying | 似乎觉得她当时 |
[24:31] | to sell something that she had stolen. | 企图出售某些她偷来的东西 |
[24:33] | Whatever it was, you’re thinking it came from the hospital. | 不管是什么 你觉得是从医院偷的 |
[24:36] | She would have had access to any number of valuable items. | 她本来就可能有权限接触到很多值钱的东西 |
[24:38] | Drugs. They are, of course, the most common target | 药物 当然了 药物是医学类盗窃案中 |
[24:41] | for medical larceny. | 最常见的目标 |
[24:42] | But all of the hospital’s inventories add up. | 但医院的所有财物都清点过了 |
[24:44] | Nothing is missing from any of the pharmacies. | 所有药房的药物都没有丢失 |
[24:46] | All of the equipment in Abby’s lab is also accounted for, | 艾比实验室里的所有设备也都在 |
[24:49] | except for some inexpensive items | 除了一些廉价的东西 |
[24:50] | like test tubes and beakers. | 试管 烧杯什么的 |
[24:52] | Glassware goes missing all the time. | 玻璃皿常常丢失 |
[24:53] | Interns and nurses use them as tumblers and shot glasses. | 实习生和护士把它们当水杯和酒杯用 |
[24:56] | I noticed the suture scissors in your sewing kit. | 我注意到你的针线包里有缝合剪 |
[24:58] | Anyway, it occurred to me there was something else she could have taken. | 我突然想到了有其他东西她可能会拿走 |
[25:01] | Something she would have had ready access to | 某种她在生育门诊部 |
[25:03] | as an employee of the fertility clinic. | 可能有权限接触到的东西 |
[25:05] | Something that is in extremely high demand. | 某种需求量很大的东西 |
[25:08] | Viable human embryos. | 可用的人类胚胎 |
[25:10] | Would’ve been a simple matter to pilfer excess blastocysts intended for disposal. | 偷走要被丢弃的囊泡是很简单的事 |
[25:14] | A single fertilized egg can go for up to $10,000 on the open market. | 一个受精的卵子就能在市场上卖到一万美金 |
[25:18] | I don’t think Abby’s eggs would have made it to the open market. | 我不认为艾比把卵子放到了市场上 |
[25:21] | If she was looking for a motivated buyer, | 如果她在寻找一个潜在买家 |
[25:23] | she needn’t have looked any further than her own social circle. | 她只需要在自己的社交圈里寻找 |
[25:29] | Dr. Amrit. | 阿姆里特博士 |
[25:30] | Sherlock Holmes. This is Joan Watson. | 夏洛克·福尔摩斯 这是乔恩·华生 |
[25:32] | We work with the New York police department. | 我们在纽约警局工作 |
[25:35] | You went to college with Abby Campbell, | 你跟艾比·坎贝尔是大学同学 |
[25:37] | did you not? | 对吗 |
[25:38] | Uh, excuse me? | 有什么事吗 |
[25:40] | The two of you remained friends until her… | 你们一直是朋友直到 |
[25:42] | her recent demise. | 她最近死亡 |
[25:43] | Posted your condolences just this morning on social media. | 今早你在社交媒体发表了你的哀悼 |
[25:46] | So? | 所以呢 |
[25:47] | You use embryonic stem cells in your research, right? | 你在研究中会使用胚胎干细胞 对吗 |
[25:50] | Abby reposted an article you wrote a few months ago. | 艾比转发过你几个月前发表的文章 |
[25:53] | In it, you argue that researchers should have unfettered access to embryos | 你在文章中提出研究员应享有不受限的权限 |
[25:54] | that are destroyed by IVF clinics in the course of their work. | 以获取胚胎移植诊所在工作中毁掉的胚胎 |
[26:00] | Embryonic stem cell research is the most promising path | 研究胚胎干细胞是治愈糖尿病 |
[26:02] | to finding a cure for diabetes and other metabolic diseases. | 和其他新陈代谢病最有希望的方法 |
[26:07] | But why that would be of interest to the police, uh… | 但警察为什么会关注这个 |
[26:08] | Must be frustrating when politicians pander to their base | 你一定很失望政客们为了获得支持 |
[26:11] | by making it difficult to obtain suitable cells. | 让获得合适的细胞变得困难了吧 |
[26:15] | Enough to purchase excess embryos from Abby. | 所以你从艾比那里购买胚胎 |
[26:19] | I have papers to grade. | 我还有试卷要批改 |
[26:20] | It is, of course, illegal to obtain embryos without | 当然 购买胚胎 |
[26:24] | the consent of the potential parent that provided that genetic material. | 却不经过提供基因的父母同意 是违法的 |
[26:26] | We can get a warrant. | 我们可以拿到搜查令 |
[26:28] | If the DNA of the cells from your lab match the patients from Abby’s clinic, | 如果你实验室里的细胞DNA和艾比诊所病人的DNA吻合 |
[26:31] | then that’s a federal crime. | 那就是联邦罪行了 |
[26:33] | I’m trying to save lives. | 我在努力挽救生命 |
[26:35] | Diabetes is a plague. It kills over four million people a year. | 糖尿病是一种灾难 每年有四百万人因此丧生 |
[26:38] | How many embryos did you agree to buy from Abby? A few dozen? | 你同意从艾比那里买多少胚胎 几十个吗 |
[26:42] | That would have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. | 那需要花费成千上万美元 |
[26:44] | As far as we know, you never paid her a dime. | 据我们所知 你没付过她一分钱 |
[26:46] | Did you kill your old friend so that you wouldn’t have to compensate her? | 你是否为了不付钱而杀了你的朋友 |
[26:50] | I didn’t hurt Abby. | 我没有伤害艾比 |
[26:53] | And she didn’t want money. | 而且她也不想要钱 |
[26:55] | It was a trade. | 那是笔交易 |
[26:57] | A trade for what? | 什么交易 |
[26:59] | She came to me asking for access to my lab. | 她来找我 希望使用我的实验室 |
[27:02] | She wanted to run some blood tests after hours and off the record. | 她想在下班后私下做血液检查 |
[27:06] | I asked for the embryos in return. | 我要了胚胎作为回报 |
[27:08] | They would have just been thrown away. | 反正它们本来也是要扔掉的 |
[27:10] | – Wasted. – What was she testing the blood for? | -被浪费 -她检测血液是为了什么 |
[27:12] | She wouldn’t tell me. | 她不肯告诉我 |
[27:14] | She would have used computerized equipment. | 她肯定使用了电脑设备 |
[27:17] | There might be records of her tests on their hard drives. | 也许设备硬盘里还有她的检测记录 |
[27:19] | Do you mind if we have a look? | 你介意我们看看吗 |
[27:21] | No. I do not. | 不 我不介意 |
[27:23] | I just don’t think you’re going to find much. | 但我不认为你们能找到什么 |
[27:27] | I thought it was some religious fanatic opposed to my research. | 我本以为是宗教狂热分子反对我的实验 |
[27:30] | I get threatening letters and e-mails– very nasty. | 我有收到一些很严重的恐吓信和邮件 |
[27:34] | But then I heard about Abby, and… | 然后我听说了艾比的事 |
[27:36] | now I’m not so sure. | 现在我不那么肯定了 |
[27:40] | Blood chemistry analyzer. | 血液生化仪 |
[27:43] | The flow cytomer. | 声波聚焦流式细胞仪 |
[27:44] | Everything she might have used to test blood. | 都是她可能用来检测血液的 |
[27:47] | Whatever she was doing here, | 不管她在这里做什么 |
[27:47] | someone wanted to keep it a secret. | 有人不想让其他人知道 |
[27:58] | So Abby Campbell runs some hush-hush blood tests. | 这么说艾比·坎贝尔偷偷地做了血液测试 |
[28:00] | Someone isn’t happy about that. | 有人对此有意见 |
[28:03] | He or she kills her, | 这个人杀了她 |
[28:05] | takes her apart, and then the next night | 分了尸 并且在第二天夜里 |
[28:08] | goes to the lab she used and destroys all of her data. | 去她的实验室 毁掉了所有的实验数据 |
[28:12] | Whoever set the fires didn’t just burn those machines. | 放火的人不仅烧了那些机器 |
[28:14] | The hard drives were pulled out and destroyed. | 他还把硬盘拔出来 毁掉了 |
[28:17] | Any idea what the blood tests were for? | 知道她为什么要进行血液检测吗 |
[28:19] | One theory is that Abby suspected a colleague | 一种猜想是艾比怀疑一位同事 |
[28:21] | of shenanigans and was seeking confirmation. | 在进行诈骗 她想对此进行求证 |
[28:23] | Shenanigans? | 诈骗 |
[28:24] | You remember the fertility doctor | 你记得有一个加利福尼亚的生育医生 |
[28:26] | in California who used his own sperm to fertilize | 用他自己的精子让数百个卵子受精 |
[28:28] | hundreds of eggs without informing the mothers? | 但却没有告知任何一位当事人吗 |
[28:30] | It’s possible someone in Abby’s lab was doing the same. | 可能艾比的实验室里有人在做相同的事 |
[28:33] | It would explain why she wanted access to Dr. Amrit’s lab. | 这也能解释她想去阿姆里特博士实验室的原因 |
[28:35] | She may have been running paternity tests. | 她可能是在做一些亲子检验 |
[28:37] | So that’s one theory. There any more? | 这是一种可能 还有其他的吗 |
[28:40] | Not at present. | 暂时还没有 |
[28:41] | But another may be just a warrant away. | 但申请一张搜查证或许就能找到新线索了 |
[28:43] | It’s possible that there’s a trace of Abby’s research | 有可能艾比的杀手漏掉了 |
[28:46] | that her killer missed. | 她实验的一些材料 |
[28:47] | The biological waste produced by university labs is set aside | 大学实验室制造的生物垃圾要扔到 |
[28:50] | in locked bins for special processing. | 上锁的垃圾桶中进行特殊处理 |
[28:52] | The waste is collected three times a week. | 垃圾每周回收三次 |
[28:54] | There was a pickup the night before the lab was destroyed. | 在实验室被摧毁前一晚有回收过垃圾 |
[28:57] | So if Abby dumped her test materials | 所以如果艾比把她的实验材料扔进了 |
[29:00] | in one of those locked bins… | 其中一个上锁的垃圾桶里 |
[29:02] | The disposal company might still have some. | 那垃圾处理场可能还有她的实验材料 |
[29:05] | I’ll get an ADA | 我找助理地检官 |
[29:06] | to get you a warrant. | 给你们申请搜查证 |
[29:12] | Sort of a cliche, huh? | 有点老套啊 |
[29:14] | Cop who actually hangs out in a doughnut shop? | 警察真的在甜甜圈店吃东西 |
[29:17] | Who told you I was here? | 谁告诉你我在这的 |
[29:18] | I am not at liberty to say, | 这我不能说 |
[29:20] | but I know why you’ve been harassing me. | 但我知道你为什么要找我麻烦了 |
[29:22] | Before you moved to Burglary, | 你调去盗窃组之前 |
[29:24] | you were in the Bronx under Ann Vescey. | 曾在布朗克斯的安·瓦西手下工作 |
[29:26] | Rumor has it she promised to transfer you to Major Crimes | 我听说她被任命接替格雷森警监的工作时 |
[29:30] | when she was tapped to take over for Captain Gregson. | 曾经承诺要把你调到重案组 |
[29:32] | That would have been a big step up for you. | 那对你来说是很好的机会 |
[29:34] | Only she didn’t take over for Gregson, | 但她没能接替格雷森 |
[29:36] | because he didn’t leave. | 因为他没走 |
[29:37] | You blame me for that. | 你认为这事怪我 |
[29:39] | Obviously, you found out that I was looking into Vescey. | 显然 你发现我在查瓦西 |
[29:42] | You think I torpedoed her. | 你觉得是我破坏了她的机会 |
[29:44] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[29:46] | Everything I gave Captain Gregson. Read it. | 我当时给格雷森警监的资料 你读读 |
[29:48] | You’ll see that I found Vescey was clean. | 你会知道我认为瓦西没有问题 |
[29:50] | The captain decided not to step aside because he was not ready. | 警监决定不离开是因为他没有准备好 |
[29:54] | Not because of anything I said. | 而不是因为我说了什么坏话 |
[29:56] | It’s heavy. | 真重 |
[29:58] | You put a lot of work into this. | 你做了很多工作啊 |
[30:04] | I don’t care what you did or didn’t find out about Ann. | 我不在乎你有没有找出安的问题 |
[30:06] | What I care about is that you looked at all. | 我在乎的是你去查了这件事 |
[30:09] | You’re not a cop. | 你又不是警察 |
[30:10] | You’re a citizen with delusions of grandeur. | 你只是个妄想自己很伟大的市民 |
[30:14] | Cops– real cops– we have enough people | 我们这些真正的警察有足够的人手 |
[30:16] | looking over our shoulders. | 能进行调查 |
[30:18] | Politicians, the press, the brass, IAB. | 政客 媒体 高层 内务局 |
[30:21] | They second-guess us all day long. | 他们每天都在批评我们 |
[30:24] | But, hey, that’s what they’re there for. | 但那就是他们的工作 |
[30:27] | Who are you to look into us? | 你算什么 也来查我们 |
[30:29] | I take it you’ve never used a consultant before? | 我看你从来没用过顾问吧 |
[30:32] | No, I’ve never used a consultant. | 对 我没用过顾问 |
[30:34] | Real cops do the job themselves. | 真正的警察会自己办案 |
[30:37] | That’s how it works. | 就是这样 |
[30:38] | You don’t belong. | 你不属于我们 |
[30:41] | I don’t know what to tell you, Detective. | 我不知道能跟你说什么 警探 |
[30:42] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我不会离开的 |
[30:46] | But you were. | 但你们离开过 |
[30:48] | You and your partner. | 你和你的搭档 |
[30:50] | And now you’re both back. | 现在你们又都回来了 |
[30:51] | That’s weird, right? | 很奇怪吧 |
[30:54] | I just caught a new case last night. | 我昨晚刚接到个新案子 |
[30:55] | It’s gonna keep me busy for a while, but after that, | 会让我忙上一阵子 不过之后 |
[30:57] | I don’t know. Maybe I’ll circle back around. | 说不准 也许我会再转回来 |
[31:00] | See what else I can find. | 看还能发现什么 |
[31:15] | All that came from Dr. Amrit’s lab? | 都是从阿姆里特博士的实验室弄来的 |
[31:18] | It seems the medical waste for the entire university was labeled identically. | 看来整所大学的医疗废物都贴的一样的标签 |
[31:22] | A team is being assembled to sort through it, | 已经在集结人手去整理了 |
[31:25] | but I thought you and I could get the ball rolling. | 但我觉得咱俩可以开始动手了 |
[31:28] | Okay, but… | 好吧 不过 |
[31:29] | Gloves, goggles, mask, right behind you there. | 手套 护目镜 口罩 都在你后面 |
[31:32] | You can apprise me of your meeting | 我们边整理 你可以边跟我说说 |
[31:33] | with your stalker as we sort. | 你和你的跟踪者的会面 |
[31:42] | I think she may be insane. | 我觉得她可能疯了 |
[31:44] | Because she doesn’t like you? | 因为她不喜欢你吗 |
[31:45] | Because she’s fixating on me. | 因为她在盯梢我 |
[31:47] | In her defense, you were investigating her friend | 我帮她说几句 你的确调查了她的朋友 |
[31:49] | and you are a mere citizen. | 而你不过是个普通公民 |
[31:51] | So are you. | 你也一样 |
[31:52] | But I’m quite accustomed to people not liking me. | 可我很习惯人们不喜欢我 |
[31:55] | Okay, so what if she continues to look into me, into us, | 好吧 那要是她继续查我 查我们 |
[31:58] | and figures out that your father pulled some strings | 并发现你父亲动用了一些关系 |
[32:00] | to get us back into the 11th? | 让我们重回警局呢 |
[32:02] | As I see it, | 在我看来 |
[32:03] | the crux of the matter is that Detective Cortes | 问题的关键是科特斯警探 |
[32:05] | sees you as an outsider and not a peer. | 把你当做外人 而非同僚 |
[32:07] | If you were a cop, you would have what is called a “Beef”. | 如果你是警察 你遭到的就是”妒忌” |
[32:10] | And a beef can be settled and what you have cannot be. | 妒忌可以解决 而你这情况解决不了 |
[32:13] | Because I’m a consultant. | 因为我是顾问 |
[32:14] | Precisely. | 正是 |
[32:15] | So I-I just take it, I just let her keep bullying me? | 所以我就得接受 任由她欺负我吗 |
[32:20] | As I said before, she does not see you as a peer, | 我说过了 她并没把你看做同僚 |
[32:23] | so force her to. | 所以要扭转她的看法 |
[32:25] | You remember the disagreement that Detectives Grell and Luntz | 你还记得格雷尔和伦茨警探 |
[32:28] | – had last year? – Yeah. | -去年那次分歧吗 -记得 |
[32:30] | It festered for months, then it was resolved. | 当时持续恶化了几个月 后来解决了 |
[32:32] | Do you recall how it was resolved? | 你还记得是怎么解决的吗 |
[32:35] | You’re not serious. | 你不是说真的吧 |
[32:37] | I have reason to believe Detective Cortes | 我有理由相信科特斯警探 |
[32:38] | would be amenable to the idea. | 会接受这主意的 |
[32:43] | Six plastic vials, each containing | 六个塑料采血瓶 每个都有 |
[32:44] | blood residue, and each one… | 血液残留 并且每个… |
[32:47] | with Abby Campbell’s handwriting on the labels. | 上面的标签都是艾比·坎贝尔的笔迹 |
[32:51] | Looks like she was thorough. | 看来她做得很全面 |
[32:53] | Test subjects are identified by initials, | 检验对象用姓名首字母注明了身份 |
[32:56] | plus dates and times of collection. | 还有日期和采集时间 |
[32:59] | These samples were gathered on three consecutive Thursdays | 这些样本是在连续三周的周四晚上 |
[33:01] | between the hours of 9:00 and 10:00p.M. | 九到十点收集到的 |
[33:04] | Does that mean something to you? | 你有想到什么吗 |
[33:05] | Memorizing a murder victim’s calendar is a matter of course. | 当然会想到一名死者的日程表 |
[33:08] | I know where she was at these times, | 我知道这些时间她在哪 |
[33:11] | so I know who to talk to about the work she was doing. | 所以我知道该去找谁说她在做的事了 |
[33:16] | Support groups can be very helpful for cancer patients. | 互助小组对癌症病人能起到很大作用 |
[33:21] | They’re going through so many things | 他们经历了太多事 |
[33:23] | that only their peers can understand. | 只有跟他们一样的人能理解 |
[33:26] | And Abby Campbell had been attending your group | 艾比·坎贝尔加入你的小组 |
[33:28] | for three months? | 有三个月了 |
[33:30] | Ever since her diagnosis. | 自从她被确诊后 |
[33:32] | We have reason to believe | 我们有理由相信 |
[33:32] | that she was collecting blood during these meetings. | 她在这些互助会期间采集血液样本 |
[33:36] | May we assume it was from her fellow group members? | 我们能推测是她的小组成员的吗 |
[33:40] | Ms. Russof, this is a murder investigation. | 罗素福女士 这是凶案调查 |
[33:45] | A few weeks ago, Abby made a pitch to the group. | 几周前 艾比加入了小组 |
[33:49] | She said she had a friend | 她说她有个朋友 |
[33:50] | who was doing advanced cancer research. | 在做先进的癌症研究 |
[33:53] | It was supposed to be promising. | 前景应该很好 |
[33:55] | Maybe even a cure. | 也许甚至能研制出解药 |
[33:57] | She said she could get people into the study. | 她说她能让人加入研究 |
[33:59] | She just needed blood samples to test for suitability. | 只是需要血液样本来找到合适的人 |
[34:04] | Sounds like you had your doubts. | 听起来你好像有怀疑 |
[34:07] | People are always touting miracle cures for cancer. | 人们总是想兜售癌症的特效药 |
[34:11] | You can probably guess how many pan out. | 你可以猜猜有多少人倾家荡产了 |
[34:14] | I wasn’t the only one who was skeptical. | 不是只有我抱有疑虑 |
[34:17] | The husband of one of the group members came to a meeting, | 一名成员的丈夫来过一次互助会 |
[34:20] | and he accused Abby of being a con artist. | 他指控艾比是个骗子 |
[34:23] | He said that if she didn’t leave his wife alone, | 他说要是她不离他太太远点 |
[34:27] | she would be sorry. | 她会后悔的 |
[34:29] | Can you give us this person’s name? | 能告诉我们这人的名字吗 |
[34:31] | Kirk. | 柯克 |
[34:33] | Kirk Abramovitch. | 柯克·阿布拉莫维奇 |
[34:35] | Yeah, I threatened Abby Campbell. | 对 我威胁了艾比·坎贝尔 |
[34:37] | No, I didn’t turn her into a skeleton. | 但我可没把她变成一副骷髅 |
[34:39] | You make it sound absurd, Mr. Abramovitch. | 你这话很荒唐啊 阿布拉莫维奇先生 |
[34:42] | But on your social media page, | 在你的社交网络主页上 |
[34:43] | I’ve seen pictures of you pitching in | 我看到了你在你父亲的肉铺 |
[34:45] | at your father’s butcher shop. | 努力工作的照片 |
[34:47] | I got to think knowing how to work a deli slicer | 我觉得会用熟食切片机 |
[34:49] | and deboning a person are two very different things. | 和给某人剔骨可不是一回事 |
[34:51] | That night at therapy, | 那晚在诊所 |
[34:53] | Kirk only yelled at Abby because | 柯克冲艾比怒吼 |
[34:54] | he thought she was trying to scam me. | 是因为他以为她想骗我 |
[34:56] | He just wanted her to back off. | 他只想让她离我远点 |
[34:57] | I’ve seen her type before. | 我以前见过她这种人 |
[34:59] | Kirk’s mother died of colon cancer in the late ’90s. | 柯克的母亲90年代末期死于结肠癌 |
[35:03] | She got suckered by every snake oil salesman that crossed her path. | 她遇到的每个骗子推销员都让她上了当 |
[35:06] | She tried light therapy, magnets, special diets, | 她试过光照疗法 磁疗法 特殊食疗法 |
[35:10] | shark cartilage. | 鲨鱼软骨 |
[35:12] | She ended up taking out a second mortgage on her house | 最后她甚至把房子做了二次抵押 |
[35:14] | to pay for some fancy clinic down in Mexico. | 去花钱找那些墨西哥的花哨诊所 |
[35:17] | All for nothing. | 一点用都没有 |
[35:18] | I didn’t think there was any harm | 我并不觉得 |
[35:19] | in looking into the study Abby told us about, | 查查艾比跟我们说的那个研究能有什么害处 |
[35:22] | but, the truth is, I didn’t need it. | 但事实是 我并不需要那些 |
[35:24] | My chemo’s working. | 我的化疗起作用了 |
[35:26] | Dr. Campbell says I’m doing really well. | 坎贝尔医生说我状况很好 |
[35:28] | Dr. Campbell, as in Nate Campbell? | 坎贝尔医生 内特·坎贝尔吗 |
[35:32] | So, abby’s husband is your oncologist? | 艾比的丈夫是你的肿瘤医师 |
[35:34] | That’s why I agreed to give Abby my blood– | 所以我才会同意把血液样本给了艾比 |
[35:37] | because she was his wife. | 因为她是他妻子 |
[35:38] | I thought she must know what she’s talking about. | 我觉得她肯定知道自己在做什么 |
[35:43] | Oh, that’s our son. Can I go get him? | 是我们的儿子 我能去把他抱来吗 |
[35:57] | Hi. Oh, he’s beautiful. | 他真漂亮 |
[35:59] | A hundred percentile in height and weight. | 身高和体重都很足量 |
[36:02] | He’s gonna be a big guy. | 他会长成个大个子 |
[36:03] | Oh, just like his daddy. | 就像他爸爸一样 |
[36:04] | Yeah, right? | 是啊 对吧 |
[36:07] | Do you mind me asking what kind of cancer you have? | 您介意我问问您得的是什么癌症吗 |
[36:10] | Spinal plasmacytoma. | 脊椎浆细胞瘤 |
[36:13] | I had some back pain, there was a lump. | 我背疼 有个肿块 |
[36:14] | Dr. Campbell prescribed chemo. | 坎贝尔医生决定采用化疗 |
[36:17] | And where is the tumor located? | 肿块在什么位置呢 |
[36:19] | On my L4. | 在第四腰椎 |
[36:21] | I used to be a surgeon. Do you mind if a take a look? | 我以前是外科医生 您介意我看看吗 |
[36:24] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[36:26] | I’m gonna put you down for a second, sweetie. | 我要把你放下来一会儿 亲爱的 |
[36:29] | Right here. | 好了 |
[36:32] | Right here. | 好了 |
[36:33] | Okay, if you could just stand straight for me. | 好的 请站直好吗 |
[36:41] | Okay, so, on a scale of one to ten– | 好 用1-10来形容疼痛等级 |
[36:42] | ten being the worst– um, how does this feel? | 十级算最疼 这样什么感觉 |
[36:46] | A little uncomfortable. Maybe a two. | 有点不舒服 可能二级吧 |
[36:50] | And are you taking anything for the pain? | 你有服用任何止疼药吗 |
[36:52] | Uh, just naproxen. | 就萘普生 |
[36:55] | Yeah. | 好 |
[36:56] | Is the discomfort worse at night? | 这种不适在夜晚会加重吗 |
[36:58] | A little bit, but the medicine helps. | 有一点 但药还挺有用的 |
[37:02] | Well, for what it’s worth, I think Dr. Campbell’s right. | 至少我觉得坎贝尔医生是对的 |
[37:04] | You should make a full recovery. | 你应该能痊愈 |
[37:09] | In case you were wondering, Watson, | 以防你好奇 华生 |
[37:11] | Mr. Abramovitch does not have an alibi | 阿布拉莫维奇在艾比·坎贝尔被害那晚 |
[37:13] | for the night of Abby Campbell’s murder. | 没有不在场证明 |
[37:15] | I don’t think he did it. | 我不认为是他干的 |
[37:17] | Neither do I. | 同感 |
[37:18] | But that’s because I stayed for the duration of his interview, | 可我是因为他受审时我在场 |
[37:20] | and I saw no indication that he was lying. | 我没看出他有说谎的迹象 |
[37:23] | Why do you think he’s innocent? | 你又为什么觉得他是无辜的呢 |
[37:24] | Because I’m pretty sure I know who did kill Abby. | 因为我相信我知道是谁杀了艾比 |
[37:27] | You do? | 是吗 |
[37:28] | It all made sense once I realized | 当我意识到莎蒂·阿布拉莫维奇并没得癌症 |
[37:30] | Sadie Abramovitch doesn’t have cancer. | 一切就拨云见日了 |
[37:40] | This is Sadie Abramovitch before chemo. | 这是化疗前的莎蒂·阿布拉莫维奇 |
[37:42] | Do you recognize her? | 你能认出她吗 |
[37:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[37:44] | It says here that you’re treating her for spinal plasmacytoma. | 这里说你在为她治疗脊椎浆细胞瘤 |
[37:47] | The tumor is located on her L4 vertebra. | 肿瘤在她的第四腰椎处 |
[37:50] | That sounds right. | 没错 |
[37:52] | She’s doing quite well. | 她状况很不错 |
[37:53] | We’re hoping for a complete remission. | 我们希望能彻底痊愈 |
[37:56] | You should know | 你该知道 |
[37:57] | that when we visited Mrs. Abramovitch, | 我们去拜访阿布拉莫维奇太太时 |
[37:59] | my colleague noted several inconsistencies | 我同事注意到一些 |
[38:01] | with her diagnosis. | 与她的诊断不一致的地方 |
[38:02] | Spinal plasmacytoma | 脊椎浆细胞瘤 |
[38:03] | causes microfractures in the affected vertebrae. | 会引发受感染椎骨出现裂隙 |
[38:06] | Most patients can barely walk. | 大部分病人连路都走不了 |
[38:08] | Sadie can move around just fine, sit, stand, walk. | 莎蒂却能行动自如 能坐能站也能走 |
[38:11] | Lift her baby. No issues. | 抱孩子都没问题 |
[38:13] | We diagnosed Sadie very early on, | 我们很早之前给莎蒂确诊的 |
[38:15] | so, the microfractures didn’t have time to fully develop. | 所以裂隙没来得及进一步扩大 |
[38:20] | Hmm. And you never removed the tumor? | 你也从没切除肿瘤 |
[38:21] | No. Too much nerve involvement. | 没有 那周围有太多神经了 |
[38:24] | That makes sense. | 有道理 |
[38:25] | Except when I pressed directly on her L4, | 不过 当我直接按压她的第四腰椎骨时 |
[38:28] | instead of a sharp pain, | 她没感到剧烈疼痛 |
[38:30] | she only felt a dull ache. | 只觉得稍有钝痛 |
[38:32] | And her discomfort gets worse at night, | 而且她的不适感在夜晚会加重 |
[38:33] | which is a classic symptom of a benign osteoid osteoma. | 这是良性骨样骨瘤的典型症状 |
[38:38] | I stand by my diagnosis. | 我坚持我的诊断 |
[38:40] | Excuse me, | 打断一下 |
[38:41] | but my client agreed to this interview | 我的客户同意这次会面 |
[38:43] | in order to help you find his wife’s killer. | 是为了帮你们找到杀她太太的人 |
[38:45] | Now, I fail to see how a possible misdiagnosis | 我没看出对他病人可能出现的一次误诊 |
[38:48] | of one his patients has any relevance. | 跟这事有什么关系 |
[38:50] | One misdiagnosis would not. | 一次误诊可能无关 |
[38:55] | Several dozen, however, | 然而 要是有数十次 |
[38:57] | tell an entirely different story. | 可就是另一回事了 |
[39:00] | After we got a warrant for your files the other day, | 那天我们拿到了搜查令去查看你的档案 |
[39:02] | we asked all your patients to get follow-up exams. | 我们让你的所有病人都接受了后续检查 |
[39:05] | Of those who agreed to be tested, | 在那些同意接受检查的人中 |
[39:07] | almost a third didn’t have cancer at all. | 几乎有三分之一都没得癌症 |
[39:10] | You’ve been misdiagnosing patients, | 你一直在误诊病人 |
[39:12] | and you’ve been subjecting them to unnecessary chemotherapy, | 你为他们做并无必要的化疗 |
[39:15] | probably for years, | 可能已有数年之久 |
[39:17] | to… I don’t know… bolster your profits, | 为了 我不确定 为了丰富你的履历 |
[39:20] | inflate your remission rates? | 为了提升你的治愈率吗 |
[39:22] | And no one suspected you. | 然而没人怀疑过你 |
[39:23] | Until your own wife got cancer. | 直到你自己的妻子得了癌症 |
[39:27] | We figure Abby noticed something fishy | 我们猜测艾比在你的诊所化疗时 |
[39:29] | when she was getting chemo at your clinic. | 发现了一些疑点 |
[39:31] | Patients like Sadie, | 像莎蒂这样的病人 |
[39:32] | whose symptoms didn’t match their diagnoses. | 他们的症状与诊断并不吻合 |
[39:34] | But she wanted proof, so she ran tests. | 可她想要证据 于是她做了检测 |
[39:38] | Her mistake was confronting you with the evidence | 她的错误在于没有先去找当局 |
[39:40] | of your misdeeds before going to the authorities. | 而是拿着证据去跟你当面对峙 |
[39:42] | Perhaps she thought you’d be able to explain yourself. | 也许她觉得你能给出合理解释 |
[39:45] | But instead, you strangled her. | 然而 你却勒死了她 |
[39:49] | Do I need to point out, this is all supposition? | 需要我指出这全是推测吗 |
[39:51] | Nah, it’s more than that. | 不 不仅是推测 |
[39:53] | We had a talk with your clinic manager. | 我们跟你的诊所经理谈过 |
[39:56] | She rolled, confirmed the false diagnoses, | 她动摇了 证明了这些误诊 |
[39:59] | the fraud, the whole thing. | 这些骗局 这整件事 |
[40:01] | She also recanted your alibi. | 她还推翻了你的不在场证明 |
[40:03] | In fact, the last time she saw you | 事实上 艾比失踪那晚 |
[40:05] | the night that Abby disappeared, | 她最后一次见你时 |
[40:07] | you were headed to the research wing | 你刚跟艾比打过一通言辞激励的电话 |
[40:09] | right after a heated phone call with Abby. | 正要去研究所 |
[40:15] | I told her… | 我跟她说 |
[40:17] | that everything I did was for the good of the family. | 我做的一切都是为了我们的家 |
[40:21] | – Nate? – No, no, no. I’ll… | -内特 -不不不 我… |
[40:26] | I’ll tell you everything, | 我会告诉你们一切 |
[40:28] | but you need to let me talk to Branford. | 但你们得让我跟布兰福德谈谈 |
[40:32] | I need to tell him I’m sorry. | 我得告诉他我很抱歉 |
[40:36] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我会想想办法 |
[40:45] | Good combination. | 练得不错 |
[40:50] | Third time you’ve approached me. | 这已经是你第三次找我了 |
[40:52] | If you’re smart, there won’t be a fourth. | 要是你够聪明 就不会有第四次了 |
[40:55] | Actually, a fourth time is what I wanted to talk to you about. | 其实我就是想跟你约第四次 |
[40:58] | The NYPD Boxing Club is having a match in a few weeks. | 纽约警局的拳击俱乐部几周后要办一次比赛 |
[41:00] | I thought maybe we could raise some money for charity. | 我觉得我们也许能为慈善筹点钱 |
[41:03] | You want to fight me? | 你想跟我打一架 |
[41:06] | That’s how it done, right? | 就得这样 对吧 |
[41:07] | When two cops have a problem with each other | 要是两个警察对彼此不爽 |
[41:08] | and they can’t resolve it? | 并且化解不了 就得打一架 |
[41:10] | Yeah, the only problem is, you’re not a cop. | 对 唯一的问题是 你并不是警察 |
[41:13] | And that would be bad for you, right? | 那对你很不利 是吧 |
[41:15] | Getting your ass kicked by a consultant? | 被一个顾问狠揍一顿 |
[41:19] | If you want to fight me so bad, why wait? | 要是你那么想跟我打架 还等什么 |
[41:22] | There’s a ring right there. | 那边就有个铃 |
[41:26] | Yeah, I thought that’s what you might say. | 是啊 我猜到你可能会这么说 |
[41:29] | All right. | 好吧 |
[41:39] | Keep them submerged as long as you can. | 尽量泡久点 |
[41:42] | I know how to treat sore knuckles. | 我知道怎么治关节痛 |
[41:44] | This needs more flour. | 还得来点面粉 |
[41:46] | You just like the parallel. | 你只是喜欢这种对比 |
[41:48] | Primitive aftercare for a primitive sport. | 用原始方法来照料原始运动中受的伤 |
[41:51] | While this might look primitive, | 虽然这看起来可能原始 |
[41:53] | I assure, this is the result of years of painstaking research. | 但我保证 这是多年潜心研究的成果 |
[41:58] | It’s a poultice of comfrey leaves and flour | 这是用紫草科植物叶和面粉调制的一种药膏 |
[42:00] | with a dash of mountain arnica and a sprinkling of marigold. | 还要加上山地山金车花的粉末和少量金盏花 |
[42:03] | I highly recommend it. | 我强烈推荐 |
[42:04] | Unless, of course, you want your eye | 当然 除非你希望留着两个黑眼圈 |
[42:06] | to blacken as a badge of honor. | 当做荣誉勋章 |
[42:08] | I just want to put this whole thing behind me. | 我只是想翻过这一页 |
[42:10] | And does Detective Cortes feel the same way? | 科特斯警探也是这个意思吗 |
[42:12] | Oh, I guess we’ll see. | 等等看就知道了 |
[42:14] | At the very least, | 最起码 |
[42:15] | this has proven the wisdom of continuously training | 这证明了持之以恒地进行格斗训练 |
[42:19] | in the combat arts. | 是很明智的 |
[42:21] | You do, of course, need to work on your defense. | 当然 你还得多练习防守 |
[42:23] | You allowed Cortes to land far too many punches. | 你让科特斯打了你太多拳了 |
[42:26] | I did. | 对 |
[42:27] | But all that matters is that I landed the last one. | 但重点是决定胜负的最后一拳是我打的 |